Windows Support Forum

Computer reboots , but says it's a bsod , blames ntoskrnl

Q: Computer reboots , but says it's a bsod , blames ntoskrnl

hello i have recently been having some problems with my new-ish gaming pc it keeps restarting by itself bluescreenview blames ntroskrnl i have ran tests and the gpu cpu ram and hard drive all perform normally and have no errors and also perform at a good temprature i returned to the company and they said they couldnt get blames , it's reboots ntoskrnl but says , bsod Computer a it to crash reboot but as soon as i got it back it happened again could it possibly be something wrong with the power supply or motherboard thanks in advance I've also checked all my Computer reboots , but says it's a bsod , blames ntoskrnl peripherals I've used different keyboard and mouse it crashed without wireless adapter or Ethernet cable I've tried new headphones and even a new power cable It doesn't come up with a bsod just looks like a reboot here is what bluscreenview says - - dmp x fffffa ntoskrnl exe ntoskrnl exe b efc NT Kernel amp System Microsoft Windows Operating System Microsoft Corporation win sp gdr - x ntoskrnl exe b efc C Windows Minidump - - dmp specs FX ghz zotac GTX gb ram tb hard drive gigabyte lmt usb motherboard Aerocool Integrator W

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Computer reboots , but says it's a bsod , blames ntoskrnl

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Computer reboots , but says it's a bsod , blames ntoskrnl

Someone please help Loool ������

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/375997-computer-reboots-but-says-its-bsod-blames-ntoskrnl.html
Relevancy 85.57%

BSOD: Tech blames HDD, Dell blames Windows 7 - Who to trust??

My Dell XPS M1330 has been giving me BSOD errors. I got it looked at by a local computer tech and he said the "hard drive is dying." When I called Dell, they blamed it on Windows 7. (Which isn't covered by my warranty since the machine shipped with Vista.)

Can someone please help me figure out what the real issue is here? I've attached a .zip file with all of the .dmp files. I'd really like to get my computer back up and running.

Thanks!

A:BSOD: Tech blames HDD, Dell blames Windows 7

The minidumps point to ATAPORT.sys. This relates to your hard drive. Test the hard drive and memory using this guide:
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic51365.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-tech-blames-hdd-dell-blames-windows-7.176591/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello I'm not very tech savvy Bluescreenview BSODs ntoskrnl.exe blames daily, Random almost so please bare with me Random BSODs almost daily, Bluescreenview blames ntoskrnl.exe while I try to explain my issue For about - weeks now I've been experience random BSODs After trying several things I decided to reset to factory last week All was well until a few days later it continued with another BSOD Ever since then I've been getting them at random Sometimes it'll happen minutes after I boot my computer other times it could take a day or so I download Bluescreenview in hopes that I could find what was causing this issue and get it resolved Bluescreenview stats that the bug check string is KMODE EXCEPTION Random BSODs almost daily, Bluescreenview blames ntoskrnl.exe NOT HANDLED caused by driver ntoskrnl exe There are other crashes where the driver was hal dll and win k sys I'm not sure how to post my MiniDump files I've tried Random BSODs almost daily, Bluescreenview blames ntoskrnl.exe accessing them even with the Windows Debugging tool but it says I don't have permission to open the file Information about my system Windows Home Premium bit Acer Aspire X GB ram GB usable Processor AMD Athlon tm II X Processor GHz Service Pack is installed Any help suggestions or assistance would be greatly appreciated

A:Random BSODs almost daily, Bluescreenview blames ntoskrnl.exe

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

Seems like hardware errors
Run a RAM test
RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Run Prime 95 to test your CPU. Carefully the instructions in this tutorial: CPU - Stress Test with Prime95. Run 3 separate tests, one on each of the settings (Blend, Small FFTs, Large FFTs). Post back with your results.
Note that this test may overheat the CPU, ensure proper cooling

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/212959-random-bsods-almost-daily-bluescreenview-blames-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 73.96%

My Dell XPS M1330 has been giving me BSOD errors. I got it looked at by a local computer tech and he said the "hard drive is dying." When I called Dell, they blamed it on Windows 7. (Which isn't covered by my warranty since the machine shipped with Vista.)

Can someone please help me figure out what the real issue is here? I've attached a .zip file with all of the .dmp files. I'd really like to get my computer back up and running.

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screens-tech-blames-hdd-dell-blames-windows-7-who-to-trust.1037905/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello

Since I purchased the components for my current PC over 18 months ago, I've usually had some kind of BSOD rebooting problem. Sometimes it's more frequent than others.

However, I recently grew tired of the problem and thought a disk format and re-install of windows XP SP2 would help. And it did! The PC was then infected by a rootkit virus, which I believe I managed to remove and I've since posted on these forums to check if it's clean (it is). But since getting the rootkit, the BSOD rebooting issues has resurfaced again, although this could be pure coincidence.

Prior to re-installing windows XP, I installed 'NirSoft BlueScreenView' so I could see the contents of the blue screen and ntoskrnl.exe always seemed to be present. I've noticed that this is the same once again.

Can anyone suggest what may be wrong?

A:Random BSOD reboots - linked to ntoskrnl.exe maybe?

Ntoskrnl.exe is a key Windows component and is often cited as the scene of the crime (IMO), rather than as the criminal.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ntoskrnl.exeIn BlueScreenView...Edit/Select All...then File/Save Selected Items.Save the report as BSOD.txt.Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content and paste it into your next reply.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/331886/random-bsod-reboots-linked-to-ntoskrnlexe-maybe/
Relevancy 69.23%

I have had problems with this laptop randomly shutting off and bsods. The cause of the majority of the bsods is ntoskrnl.exe. I have uninstalled Avast and replaced it with AVG on 12/16/11 (today, for me atleast.).

I have checked off automatic restart and still doesn't show a blue screen very often, it just reboots.
I ran memtest on multiple occasions for at least 2 passes each and no errors were found.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1
System Model: Gateway NV57H26u
Processor: Intel Core i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz

A:Frequent ntoskrnl.exe BSOD's and random reboots.

Quote: Originally Posted by homieb1030

I have had problems with this laptop randomly shutting off and bsods. The cause of the majority of the bsods is ntoskrnl.exe. I have uninstalled Avast and replaced it with AVG on 12/16/11 (today, for me atleast.).

I have checked off automatic restart and still doesn't show a blue screen very often, it just reboots.
I ran memtest on multiple occasions for at least 2 passes each and no errors were found.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1
System Model: Gateway NV57H26u
Processor: Intel Core i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz

You have 5 different appearent causes in 7 crashes. My gut feeling says it is Related to bScsiMSa.sys Memory Stick Controller from Broadcom Corporation.

I would remove it at least to test.
You also have some old drivers needing updating

Code:
Afc.sys 7/12/2006 12:48:20 AM fffff880`05fd5000 fffff880`05fde000 0x00009000 0x44b48d24
NTIDrvr.sys 3/24/2009 10:09:39 PM fffff880`05fe6000 fffff880`05fee000 0x00008000 0x49c9a073
UBHelper.sys 4/27/2009 3:48:19 AM fffff880`05fde000 fffff880`05fe6000 0x00008000 0x49f57153
How To Find Drivers:

Quote:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.

- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/203039-frequent-ntoskrnl-exe-bsods-random-reboots.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi all. This is my attempt to resolve this problematic PC. This is a machine donated by my family and it has not run well since day 1. There are many times it will just reboot and when I am lucky, it goes to BSOD and I get a minidump. I do not understand any of the things I read when I ran the WhoCrashed application I installed. So here I am, asking for help.

I have attached the minidumps in a zip in this thread and will follow up with another file from the DM Log Collector.

Thanks in advance for reading this and trying to resolve this.

cheers
tayhwah

A:BSOD daily happening, sometimes system just reboots (ntoskrnl.exe)

Here is the file from DM Log Collector

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/369365-bsod-daily-happening-sometimes-system-just-reboots-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I am running w Ultimate x and keep getting this BSOD Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version AMD Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Users Joseph Documents My BSOD's help Need MS Corsair and for blames Intel Received Files - - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is SRV C Symbols Symbol information Executable search path is Windows Kernel Version MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by amd fre win gdr - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff PsLoadedModuleList xfffff e Debug session time Wed May UTC - System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded Need help Intel blames MS and Corsair for BSOD's module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck fffff b Probably caused by Unknown Image ANALYSIS INCONCLUSIVE Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT An expected clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor in an MP system within the allocated interval This indicates that the specified processor is hung and not processing interrupts Arguments Arg Clock interrupt time out interval in nominal clock ticks Arg Arg fffff b The PRCB address of the hung processor Arg Debugging Details ------------------ BUGCHECK STR CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT PROC CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME System CURRENT IRQL d STACK TEXT fffff b bfb fffff fffff b nt KeBugCheckEx fffff b bfc fffff ccf fffff d nt FNODOBFM string' x dfe fffff b c fffff fa fffff a f fffff b c fffff a f fffffa nt KeUpdateSystemTime x fffff b c fffff af fffff ca fffffa e c b fffff b c hal HalpHpetClockInterrupt x d fffff b c fffff fffff fee fffffa cf b fffff fee nt KiInterruptDispatchNoLock x fffff b c fffff d a fffff fffff ff nt KxWaitForSpinLockAndAcquire x fffff b c fffff f a fffff fffff b c fffffa e a nt KeAcquireSpinLockRaiseToDpc x fffff b c fffff a fffffa e a fffffa e fffff b c fffffa e a USBPORT USBPORT AcquireEpListLock x e fffff b c c fffff c fffffa e a fffffa e a fffffa e a USBPORT USBPORT ProcessNeoStateChangeList x fffff b c fffff f fffffa e f USBPORT USBPORT DM IoTimerDpc x fffff b c fffff a fffff b c a nt IopTimerDispatch x fffff b c fffff fa fffffa e e fffffa e e nt KiProcessTimerDpcTable x fffff b c e fffff e dc eca e fffff b cc f fffff a nt KiProcessExpiredTimerList xc fffff b cc fffff fd faccb f faceb nt KiTimerExpiration x be fffff b ccd fffff cdfa fffff fee fffff cc fffff ea nt KiRetireDpcList x fffff b cd nt KiIdleLoop x a STACK COMMAND kb SYMBOL NAME ANALYSIS INCONCLUSIVE FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME Unknown Module IMAGE NAME Unknown Image DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP FAILURE BUCKET ID X CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT PROC ANALYSIS INCONCLUSIVE BUCKET ID X CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT PROC ANALYSIS INCONCLUSIVE Followup MachineOwner I have received this times in the last days and Intel has been of no help They said that Corsair is to blame as the memory isn't compatible Corsair faxed me the spec sheet they got from Intel concerning the memory and even highlighted where they said it was compatible After the rd BSOD I got testy with the Intel tech who said it was a windows issue So now I'm coming here for help If anyone can help with this I would be extremely happy as nobody so far can point to where this is coming from Each of the last BSOD's are identical

A:Need help Intel blames MS and Corsair for BSOD's

Welcome to SF!

Read this article on your bugcheck 101: BSOD Index

I suggest a memory test. Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder. Boot from the CD, and run at least 5 passes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/82879-need-help-intel-blames-ms-corsair-bsods.html
Relevancy 64.5%

BSOD issues started Sep 10. All Windows updates were applied. GPU drivers were removed and reinstalled. Atheros driver was up to date via Microsoft, but a slightly newer version was found and installed. Virus and malware scans were completed with no detections (Malwarebytes and Trendmicro). MWB Anti-Exploit did start to fail to launch, was removed.

Driver Verifier was turned on for the last 1 or 2 crashes.

Can dual boot to Win7 which seems to work fine. Hopefully someone here can figure something out for me.

Custom Desktop

? OS
--Retail, Windows 10, 64 bit
? Approximate age of system (hardware)
-- GPU and HDD, 1 year, all others 3 years.
? Approximate age of OS installation (if you know)
--Approximately 6 months, trouble free.
? Have you re-installed the OS?
--No.

CPU: AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core 3.8GHz
GPU: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 100ME
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB
MAINBOARD: BIOSTAR TA990FXE
PSU: Corsair TX750W

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/win-10-bsod-blames-atheros-driver-not-so-sure-about-that-1157985.html
Relevancy 56.76%

It must be a Windows thing, I have  a Dell Inspiron, Windows Vista Home Premium OS  that is acting up. I am on the web, all of a sudden I get a BSOD,  the computer turns off and then it reboots normally and I am able to get back online. Is it me or is there a definite problem with Windows OS? Any advice as to how i can solve this problem?

A:After BSOD Computer Reboots Normally

How frequent has the BSOD occuring? Download  BlueScreenView.exe file and run the program.When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and attach it to your next reply. Download MiniToolBox and open/run the program.When open, checkmark or select all options then click Go.A notepad will open then copy-paste the report on your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/523904/after-bsod-computer-reboots-normally/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi All

I have a custom build machine, which has been causing me problems for weeks now.. i firstly had windows xp on it and the machine would ramdomly reboot and give BSOD.. I changed the RAM, HDD and even installed a new graphics card, but still the machine has problems with rebooting and BSOD.. I then decided to install Windows 7 on it but still i have the same problem its really annoying.. so after a few googles i found this website and i have attached dump files of the BSOD.. I would really appericate it if someone could have a look and maybe fined out the course of this problem.

System Spec

Via VT8235 motherboard
AMD Athlon XP 2600+ 2.08GHz
512mb RAM
80GB HDD

Event Error is Kernal Power (41)

Thanks In Advance

Michael

A:Computer Reboots & BSOD

Sorry forgot to mention OS at present is

Windows 7 Professional 32bit

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/143131-computer-reboots-bsod.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello,
I've had this computer for over a year and recently (4 months) it has been rebooting at various times. Can seem to pin down the issue and was hoping someone here could give me a hand. I think it may be a driver issue but can't find anything wrong with them. I have followed the directions on the BSOD reporting thread and have attached my dump.

Thanks!

A:BSOD computer reboots at different times

Welcome to SevenForums.

Quote:
A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint.

Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress.

You can read more on this error and what to try here... Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try:Stop 124 Troubleshooting Strategy

Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

Code:
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8007769028, b6000000, 40150}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for intelppm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for intelppm.sys
Probably caused by : GenuineIntel

Code:
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8007402028, f6002d80, 40150}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for igdkmd64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd64.sys

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/278337-bsod-computer-reboots-different-times.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello, I have a gnarly issue with a clean install of Windows 10 enterprise on a new computer.
A preview of the mini dump you have here Capture.JPG - Google Drive
I did the steps for a complete data collection about it here. Attachment 110542
Any kind of help will be gladly received. I really have no idea what to do next.
Thank you!

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/70170-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-while-normally-using-computer.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello,
I'm hoping someone can help as this is so frustrating. I have a Dell 8700xps running windows 8 and I keep getting crashes. If I try gaming it happens for sure, anywhere from a couple minutes in to 10-15 min. I can never play longer than that before a crash happens. Otherwise the crashes just happen at random times. I've used BlueSceenView and it always points to ntoskrnl. I have run every test I can find on my hard rive and on my RAM with everything checking out. So Im thinking it should be a driver issue but don't know how to identify it or at least narrow it down. Any help would be appreciated.

Here are my 2 latest crash dumps

A:ntoskrnl bsod - please help new computer

Hi albert83,

Please follow the directions for posting located here..

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/38047-ntoskrnl-bsod-please-help-new-computer.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I just recently built a new computer BSOD-ing New ntoskrnl.exe with computer New computer BSOD-ing with ntoskrnl.exe and while setting it up with the usual software chrome evernote word etc it began crashing regularly especially with Chrome Chrome constantly runs out of memory he's dead jim error and the OS windows produces a memory management error with my minidump files finishing with a mention of ntoskrnl exe being the problem The most consistent way to crash the computer is by opening tabs in Chrome at once webcomics folder which will begin to load them freeze and crash While overloading Chrome is consistent in crashing the system has crashed occasionally while doing other things such as installing software and attempting to figure out the crashes Firefox does not seem to crash the system under the tabs but it may have crashed once or twice After reading several other posts about similar problems I've done the suggested tips -I've run memtest which produced no problems in the RAM passes -windows memory diagnostic which produced no problems -sfc scannow which produced no problems -run DPchip and DPnet to update all my drivers it updated a few from my manufacturer's drivers from the site asus Z -a MB -remove all ASUS bloatware and turn on XMP in my bios latest version My computer is a fresh build aside from general software so all my information is backed up and I'm not opposed to a reformat and re-install of windows though I'd prefer to avoid that timesink My diagnostic info is uploaded here for y'all

A:New computer BSOD-ing with ntoskrnl.exe

Update: I updated a few minor drivers that I had missed from 3DPchip but the chrome overload test of mine (31 tabs) still crashed the system.

It then occurred to me that my new desktop was still on the floor on top of carpet which was likely impeding the airflow into my PSU. After putting the box on my desk, my overload test loads all of the tabs fully with no issues (no dead jims). I'll add another post if problems persist but the stability seems to fixed itself out. Win!

TL;DR: I'm a moron, put your desktop on a flat non-carpeted surface.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/60702-new-computer-bsod-ing-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I was playing one of those 'free for an hour' games and it froze I was able to close the game and the computer rebooted itself After the Windows XP loading screen with the little bar loading it would restart itself again after a flash from the BSOD constantly bad_pool_caller; Help..BSOD reboots computer It would repeat this process over and over I was able to get into Safe mode and did Help..BSOD bad_pool_caller; computer constantly reboots virus malware check and they all came back negative I disabled automatic reboot I tried 'last good configuration' but it didn't change anything I haven't changed anything or added hardware The only thing I can think of it I updated a driver but I can't remember which one I tried to rollback the video driver but I ended up with graphics that looked like something out of the s I tried system restore but the computer Help..BSOD bad_pool_caller; computer constantly reboots says it is unable to complete it I have tried from multiple points So here is what the BSOD says Help..BSOD bad_pool_caller; computer constantly reboots BAD POOL CALLER STOP X c x x x x When I look into the Administrative Event Viewer after the BSOD I get these error in Application Event Type Error Event Source Userenv Event Category None Event ID Date Time AM User NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Computer TOUCH Description Windows cannot query DllName registry entry for CF F -ABA - DB- F - E C DBFC D and it will not be loaded This is most likely caused by a faulty registration Event Type Error Event Source Userenv Event Category None Event ID Date Time AM User NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Computer TOUCH Description Windows cannot query DllName registry entry for CF F -ABA - DB- F - E C DBFC D and it will not be loaded This is most likely caused by a faulty registration Event Type Error Event Source Userenv Event Category None Event ID Date Time AM User NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Computer TOUCH Description Windows cannot query DllName registry entry for B a - F- E-B FE- CB AF AE and it will not be loaded This is most likely caused by a faulty registration Event Type Error Event Source Userenv Event Category None Event ID Date Time AM User NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Computer TOUCH Description Windows cannot query DllName registry entry for CF F -ABA - DB- F - E C DBFC D and it will not be loaded This is most likely caused by a faulty registration This event viewer continues to fill the longer I leave the computer on I inherited this computer so I am unable to reinstall anything I am suspicious that it has something to do with the driver I updated Thanks so much for any help

A:Help..BSOD bad_pool_caller; computer constantly reboots

Hi,

The other options you can try is to do system restore thru safe mode or boot thru safemode with command promt and run C:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe thru run command.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-bsod-bad_pool_caller-computer-constantly-reboots-481025.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I was playing one of those free for an hour games and it froze I was able to close the game and the computer rebooted itself After the Windows XP loading screen with the little bar loading it would restart itself bad_pool_caller, BSOD reboots computer constantly again after a flash from the BSOD It would repeat this process over and over I was able to get into BSOD bad_pool_caller, computer constantly reboots Safe mode and did virus malware check and they all came back negative I disabled automatic reboot I tried last good configuration but it didn t change anything I haven t changed anything or added hardware The only thing I can think of it BSOD bad_pool_caller, computer constantly reboots I updated a driver but I can t remember which one I tried to rollback the video driver but I ended up with graphics that looked like something out BSOD bad_pool_caller, computer constantly reboots of the s I tried system restore but the computer says it is unable to complete it I have tried from multiple points So here is what the BSOD says BAD POOL CALLER STOP X c x x x x When I look into the Administrative Event Viewer after the BSOD I get these error in Application Event Type Error Event Source Userenv Event Category None Event ID Date Time AM User NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Computer TOUCH Description Windows cannot query DllName registry entry for CF F -ABA - DB- F - E C DBFC D and it will not be loaded This is most likely caused by a faulty registration Event Type Error Event Source Userenv Event Category None Event ID Date Time AM User NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Computer TOUCH Description Windows cannot query DllName registry entry for CF F -ABA - DB- F - E C DBFC D and it will not be loaded This is most likely caused by a faulty registration Event Type Error Event Source Userenv Event Category None Event ID Date Time AM User NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Computer TOUCH Description Windows cannot query DllName registry entry for B a - F- E-B FE- CB AF AE and it will not be loaded This is most likely caused by a faulty registration Event Type Error Event Source Userenv Event Category None Event ID Date Time AM User NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Computer TOUCH Description Windows cannot query DllName registry entry for CF F -ABA - DB- F - E C DBFC D and it will not be loaded This is most likely caused by a faulty registration This event viewer continues to fill the longer I leave the computer on I inherited this computer so I am unable to reinstall anything I am suspicious that it has something to do with the driver I updated Thanks so much for any help

A:BSOD bad_pool_caller, computer constantly reboots

Can you post your computer specs, and tell us what game it was you were playing.

Can you boot windows at all?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/314656/bsod-bad-pool-caller-computer-constantly-reboots/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello My computer froze while was playing a video game and I was was forced to manually restart the computer MY OS Win xp bit loaded I logged into my account and then I got a BSOD while the OS was still loading up the startup programs that would normally appear on the reboots BSOD after Computer user freezes then bottom right part of the screen Unfortunately I wasn t able to write down the message from the BSOD before it disappeared After the BSOD I was able to reload my OS again with no problems I ve been experiencing these hard locks a few times it has always occurred while this game has been running I ve contacted the game s technical support department but they Computer freezes then BSOD after user reboots have not been helpful As far as the BSOD this is the first one that I ve had for a while The other crashes were hard locks with no messages I m uncertain if the the hard lock is the same issue as the BSOD or two different issues Any help or advice would certainly be appreciated -Sam Windows XP Professional x Edition Version SP AMD Phenom II X GB Ram Microsoft reg Windows Debugger Version AMD Copyright copy Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Documents and Settings Sam Desktop Mini - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is SRV c symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is WARNING Unable to verify checksum for ntkrnlmp exe Windows Server Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by srv sp gdr - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff PsLoadedModuleList xfffff d Debug session time Tue May UTC - System Uptime days WARNING Unable to verify checksum for ntkrnlmp exe Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck B c fffff cc fffffadf ff Probably caused by ntkrnlmp exe nt HvpGetCellMapped b Followup MachineOwner ---------

A:Computer freezes then BSOD after user reboots

Download BlueScreenView:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All
Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/398017/computer-freezes-then-bsod-after-user-reboots/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey all I have been trying to troubleshoot an issue I am complete stumped I have a Windows Home Premium -bit HTPC that I use daily for media living in China it is minutes locks Computer reboots - BSOD 45-60 every up and rough to get US TV For the past few days it has BSOD - Computer locks up and reboots every 45-60 minutes been randomly rebooting after about - minutes After reboot it gives a blue screen and an inaccessible boot device error I shut down the PC complete turn back on and it boots up fine After about an hour it happens again Not sure if it is a hardware or software issue I just find it strange that it happens every time after a certain number of minutes then I reboot and the problem goes away I have ran CHKDSK with both options it found no errors on my system drive I also ran a Windows repair from my install CD the issue still occurs Not sure if maybe it is a hardware issue just think it is strange that it happens in that minute window every time Attached is the tool results would appreciate any help you can give

A:BSOD - Computer locks up and reboots every 45-60 minutes

After another lockup instead of shutting down I did a soft reboot. After reboot I get the error:

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer
2. Choose you language settings, and then click "Next."
3. Click "Repair your computer"

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.

After a hard reboot it works fine again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/249043-bsod-computer-locks-up-reboots-every-45-60-minutes.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello, name is Jesse i work at a Lighting retail store and although i am not the most computer savy, i am the most computer savy employee, My boss bought a refurbished PC at future|Shop for our store, and every 60-90 minutes we get a BSOD and it reboots... here is the info i have...

-Windows 7 Professional
-64bit
-came pre-installed on PC
-Refurbished PC bought from FutureShop
-As far as i'm aware Win7Prof was always on this PC
-not known age, purchased from Futureshop 2 months ago, this started happening 2 weeks ago.
-Have not re-installed Windows.
-processor intel core 2 quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz
-RAM = 4.00GB
-Dell Optiplex 722

here are the two zipped files required

Windows7_Vista_jcgriff2.zip

jesse-report.zip

thank you for all your help, it is greatly appreciated

Relevancy 55.04%

Hello everyone I have built this machine after my old one died burned after suspected psu BSOD idle, ntoskrnl.exe computer while failure Anyway BSOD while computer idle, ntoskrnl.exe I formatted the SSD and reinstalled windows x Unfortunately I keep getting BSODs in random situations - mostly when the PC is being idle but sometimes when I'm surfing the web I have not experienced any crashes during playing games At first I had HD taken from the old computer however I was experiencing video driver crashes and sometimes bsods during web surfing not gaming I tried reseating the card but that did not really help it kinda got worse so I removed it That seemed to help for a few days but the bsod are back BSOD while computer idle, ntoskrnl.exe now What I did I ran memtest for like hours no errors Chkdsk - no errors Enable driver verifier - gt caused a bsod blaming gdrv sys I uninstalled all gigabyte apps and renamed gdrv sys to gdrv old system booted up ok but after some idle time bsod again it said fltmgr sys was probably to blame Comodo seems to cause a bsod when verifier is enabled and I try to run SF Diagnostic Tool so i ran it from safe mode Success but I decided to reboot and disable C antivirus amp auto-sandbox that solved the cmdguard crash issue so I'm not sure if the last dumps are relevant I am clueless about the bsod cause please help

A:BSOD while computer idle, ntoskrnl.exe

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck C4, {e3, fffff880088a838d, 1fe300, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for cmdguard.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for cmdguard.sys
Probably caused by : cmdguard.sys ( cmdguard+838d )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Uninstall Comodo Firewall - use Windows firewall instead and monitor for further BSOD's.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/359398-bsod-while-computer-idle-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello, i have been running into some of these problems with ntoskrnl.exe

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I cannot seem to figure out what is wrong and i have updated all my drivers!

Dumps.zip

A:BSOD ntoskrnl.exe new computer built!

BSOD Posting Instructions

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/59247-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-new-computer-built.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I m using Windows on C Solved: Automatically reboots. reason BSOD for no Computer drive and Windows xp on D drive Drives are separate I recently changed the mobo Now for no reason the computer will stop and show me a BSDO with a message about a memory dump error and show me a count down at the bottom of the page and reboot Maybe event viewer would be able to show more information about the crashes but I don t know how to access it Is there any thing I can do MY PC specs are Drive C W Home Premium bit GB Seagate NTFS Sata Drive D WinXP Pro sp bit GB NTFS Hitachi Sata Drive E Solved: Computer Automatically reboots. BSOD for no reason Storage gb ISata - nd half of Drive D Drive F G and H DVDRWs F and G are Sata H is IDE Seagate GB Sata Storage with Partitions Seagate GB Sata Storage with Partitions Seagate gb IDE Storage with Partitions Phenom II ghz CPU GB DDR Ram Nvidia GT PCIE GB video card Onboard sound card Foxconn A ML-K Mobo Earthlink DSL bps Ext Floppy drive K dialup Optical Mouse Keyboard inch Sq Scr DVI Monitor Bitdefender AV USB Solved: Computer Automatically reboots. BSOD for no reason Floppy and dialup modem Nero Word and Excel K Acronis backup Belarc Advisor Winrar Hijack This DVD Shrink Maleware Bites Firefox and IE Win Regitry Repair DVD Fab Format Factory Jet AV Norton Ghost MS Works Winzip nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi reboots. Possible Computer BSOD Virus? RootKit Random all I recently reformatted my Possible RootKit Virus? Random Computer BSOD reboots. PC and it was running great which is a rare occurance However Possible RootKit Virus? Random Computer BSOD reboots. within weeks I managed to get myself a Rootkit virus At the time I accessed a website I can t remember which a cmd exe prompt appeared and then my google searches started redirecting to random websites - I knew something wasn t right I think I managed to get rid of it I looked around on the internet for a solution followed the steps and then no more searches getting redirected However my computer has since randomly began to reboot without prior notice I ve had this issue before so I have no idea if it s related but when I said my PC was running great after a recent reformat it wasn t doing this until after I managed to get the rootkit Anyway I ve done a bit of searching again and I think I could be infected with either GamesThief or KoobFace The reason I think this is because PEV exe was present in my C Windows folder I have since deleted PEV exe So really I m asking if someone could talk me through scanning my PC to see if it s clean as this BSOD reboot is really annoying I have installed NirSoft BlueScreenView so I can see the contents of the blue screen before my PC reboots The pattern with all my blue screen crashes is that ntoskrnl exe always seems to be present - I don t know if this is relevant at all Any help is much appreciated Thanks

A:Possible RootKit Virus? Random Computer BSOD reboots.

Hello and welcome! Let's start with these and review the logs.What is the Operating system ?Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (v1.46) and save it to your desktop.Before you save it rename it to say zztoy.exe alternate download link 1alternate download link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.If Malwarebytes Anti-Malware results in any error messages, check the Help file's list of error codes within its program folder first. If you do not find any information, please refer to Common Issues, Questions, and their Solutions, Frequently Asked Questions. If the error you are receiving is not in the list, please report it here so the research team can investigate.Some types of malware will target Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and other security tools to keep them from running properly. If that's the case, please refer to the suggestions provided in For those having trouble running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.Next run ATF and SAS: If you cannot access Safe Mode,run in normal ,but let me know.Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".From your regular user account..Download Attribune's ATF Cleaner and then SUPERAntiSpyware , Free Home Version. Save both to desktop ..DO NOT run yet.Open SUPER from icon and install and Update itUnder Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for tracking cookies.Terminate memory threats before quarantining.Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program. DO NOT run yet.Now reboot into Safe Mode: How to enter saf... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/331650/possible-rootkit-virus-random-computer-bsod-reboots/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have had an ongoing issue with my computer ever since I got it over a year ago I get BSOD 'randomly' when I turn on my computer It can happen each month or it may take a rest and not do it for three minutes. is BSOD for after around ntoskrnl.exe computer loaded 3 months It will crash hard and often and then be perfectly fine Every time you restart the computer it BSOD after computer is loaded for around 3 minutes. ntoskrnl.exe will BSOD until you can shut the computer down properly Then I just start BSOD after computer is loaded for around 3 minutes. ntoskrnl.exe the computer up after a time and it's totally fine It only blue screens right when windows loads or when I first load a browser Chrome and IE I've checked the following RealTemp - all temperatures are fine WD Diagnosis - no errors on my hard drive MemTest with Windows loaded not on boot - no errors to report No viruses found with Microsoft Security Essentials and using others I've done Check Disk and looked into the errors and I get nowhere Here is the latest dump file Symbol search path is src c symbols http msdl microsoft com download s wnload symbols Executable search path is Windows Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal Built by amd fre win sp gdr - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff e PsLoadedModuleList xfffff a d Debug session time Mon Oct UTC - System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck B c fffff edbeb fffff c Probably caused by win k sys win k xxxRealSleepThread Followup MachineOwner --------- The following is from BlueScreenView It recorded the crashes I have edited it taking away the file names and useless info I'm hoping it will help SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION x b c fffff edbeb fffff c ntoskrnl exe ntoskrnl exe bc NT Kernel amp System Microsoft Windows Operating System Microsoft Corporation win sp gdr - x ntoskrnl exe bc PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA x fffff fffff e f wmiacpi sys wmiacpi sys bb x ntoskrnl exe bc DRIVER CORRUPTED EXPOOL x c fffff fffff ff f ntoskrnl exe ntoskrnl exe bc NT Kernel amp System Microsoft Windows Operating System Microsoft Corporation win sp gdr - x ntoskrnl exe bc PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA x fffff ab fffff d f ntoskrnl exe ntoskrnl exe bc NT Kernel amp System Microsoft Windows Operating System Microsoft Corporation win sp gdr - x ntoskrnl exe bc KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED x e nvlddmkm sys nvlddmkm sys e c x ntoskrnl exe b C NTFS FILE SYSTEM x fb fffff d a fffff d a fffff c Ntfs sys Ntfs sys c x ntoskrnl exe bc DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION x c fffff a fffffa a b tcpip sys tcpip sys a x ntoskrnl exe bc

A:BSOD after computer is loaded for around 3 minutes. ntoskrnl.exe

Hello and welcome Conqueror mate Imust tell you straight away I ma no expert at anything much and certainly notthat data you have listed. I have seen several references in other places andin Wikipedia to this ntoskrnl.exe being to do with HDD and RAM problems http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ntoskrnl.exe

So what I might suggest is that yourun a drive test and then a memtest to eliminate them. I have looked for the WD test but the site is terribly convoluted but I think this is the one you want WD Support / Downloads / SATA & SAS / WD Black

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/105647-ram-test-memtest86.htmlthisone you will need to make a bootable disk set the BIOS to optical (or USB ifpreferred) boot the machine and let it run for at LEAST 8 passes unless theerrors come up straight away. Takes fair time to complete and some leave itrunning overnight.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/309145-bsod-after-computer-loaded-around-3-minutes-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello all. I have, for the last few weeks, been getting bluescreens after having my computer on for a few hours. I can't remember the exact bluescreen error code, but I know it is a STOP error. I have included the output from DM Log Collector.

If you need any more information to help me debug this, just let me know. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I have also now added the output from running WhoCrashed.

A:BSOD after using computer for up to 6ish hours - ntoskrnl.exe

Make it sure that the SSD is running with the latest firmware.
OCZ Toolbox and Firmware Update Releases
How to Upgrade OCZ SSD Firmware | StorageReview.com - Storage Reviews
Also Free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto start with it, but the auto start programs often conflicts and causes various problems including BSODs.
Click on the Start button
Type “msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the “Startup” tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known BSOD causer. Uninstall the program at first. Then download SPTD standalone installer from Disk-Tools.com, and execute the downloaded file as guided below :
Double click to open it.
Click this button only:

If it is grayed out, as in the picture, there is no more SPTD in your system, and you just close the window.
Let us know for any further BSOD.

Code:
BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa8007caca60, fffffa8007cacd40, fffff800035d1130}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/362759-bsod-after-using-computer-up-6ish-hours-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 54.18%

HI my name is banby and i'm using this computer:

manufacturer: Dell
model :inspiron 570
processor : AMD ATHLON(TM) IIx2 250 processor 3.00 GHz
installed memory(RAM):4.00 GB (3.75 GB usable)
also, i'm using a windows 7 home premium sp1 64 bit.
well, since 2 months my computer is shutting down unexpectly and a blue screen appear.sometimes it happens 3 to 4 times a day. After researches in minidump repports,i found a that it was due to

*msahci.sys
*ntoskrnl.exe ...
now,i'm confused i don't know what to do to fix this issue
i also collected reports with sf diagnostic tool that i submitted with this post
thank you to help me

A:frequent BSOD on my computer due to ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40

Welcome aboard, banby.

► A lot of problem creators are there
Catalyst Control Center
Norton AntiVirus ; replace by Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows
PC Tools Registry Mechanic
Roxio Creator Starter
WinUtilities
Wise Care 365
► Some Dell Junks are also present there. Remove them up too.

Clean Up Factory Bloatware
► Free up the startup.

Type “msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Apply > OK
Accept the restart.
► Finally, Your crash dumps are not showing any finite probable cause. In such a situation, it is better to enable Driver Verifier to monitor the drivers.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

Run Driver Verifier for 24 hours or the occurrence of the next crash, whichever is earlier.

Let us know the results, with the subsequent crash dumps, if any.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/255609-frequent-bsod-my-computer-due-ntoskrnl-exe-7cc40.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello recently I have just built my new computer and everything seemed to playing BSOD computer, while ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0 using be going fine However I had gotten a BSOD when trying to copy a large amount of file from my external Although I BSOD while playing using computer, ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0 didn't get the dump file of it as that wasn't BSOD while playing using computer, ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0 in the settings at the time I assumed it was due to copying from the external and just copied smaller files and it hasn't happened again However I was just playing League of Legends and my computer decided to randomly BSOD So I downloaded SF Diagnostic Tool and zipped the folder so I was wondering as what the problem is BlueScreenView says the crash address is ntoskrnl exe f c and I wasn't sure if this was a hardware or BSOD while playing using computer, ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0 software problem as I have only received the parts less than a week ago My specs are Gigabyte Z -D H motherboard Intel Core i - processor gig of Corsair Vengeance RAM GeForce GTX graphics card Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:BSOD while playing using computer, ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0

Welcome aboard, Balvedius

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 50, {fffff6a000022640, 0, fffff80002eb4b2b, 5}
Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiAgeWorkingSet+1d1 )
At first, you are to run RAM - Test with Memtest86+ . run it for 8 passes.

As the crash is hardware related, you are suggested to take two more testsHardware - Stress Test With Prime95, and
run chkdsk/F/R, using the method two of the tutorial Disk Check.

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/250256-bsod-while-playing-using-computer-ntoskrnl-exe-7f1c0.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello,

I recently decided to build my first PC and after I booted up and installed drivers in bulk using the installation disks included, I would recieve random crashes every now and then. The blue screens usually happen about within 1-15 mins of me booting up the computer. If it passes that point I'm usually in the clear to use it as long as I want. Please help.

Thanks

A:Random BSOD on new computer build ntoskrnl.exe

As the starting point, please follow this post to disable Samsung Rapid mode.

Then report us for any further BSOD.

Code:
BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa800a9ca060, fffffa800a9ca340, fffff800033d3130}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/374487-random-bsod-new-computer-build-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey everyone Im sorry if im incorrectly posting this but im new here! Ive seen many different posts regarding the ntoskrnl.exe bsod. But they all seem to be fixes for that exact case so i thought i would put mine and include the dmp.

I have a hp desktop with 3gb of ram and a upgraded version of windows 7.

A:BSOD at random times when not using computer, ntoskrnl.exe

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 7A, {fffff6fb80008000, ffffffffc000000e, 5d8f5880, fffff70001000000}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+36c1a )

---------

1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (7a)
The requested page of kernel data could not be read in. Typically caused by
a bad block in the paging file or disk controller error. Also see
KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR.
If the error status is 0xC000000E, 0xC000009C, 0xC000009D or 0xC0000185,
it means the disk subsystem has experienced a failure.
If the error status is 0xC000009A, then it means the request failed because
a filesystem failed to make forward progress.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff6fb80008000, lock type that was held (value 1,2,3, or PTE address)
Arg2: ffffffffc000000e, error status (normally i/o status code)
Arg3: 000000005d8f5880, current process (virtual address for lock type 3, or PTE)
Arg4: fffff70001000000, virtual address that could not be in-paged (or PTE contents if arg1 is a PTE address)

Code:
ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc000000e - A device which does not exist was specified.

DISK_HARDWARE_ERROR: There was error with disk hardware

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7a_c000000e

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: smss.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 0
Please upload your msinfo32.nfo file. To get this: Start Menu -> Type msinfo32 into the Search programs and files box -> When it opens, go to File, Save -> Save as msinfo32.nfo and save in a place you will remember -> Let it finish the process of gathering and saving the system info -> Right click the .nfo file, click send to compressed (zipped) folder -> Upload the .zip file here.

Please upload your msinfo32.txt file. To get this: Start Menu -> Type msinfo32 into the Search programs and files box -> When it opens, go to File, Export -> Save as msinfo32.txt and save in a place you will remember -> Let it finish the process of gathering and saving the system info -> Right click the .txt file, click send to compressed (zipped) folder -> Upload the .zip file here.

Hard Drive/Storage

Post a screen shot using Crystal Disk Info: CrystalDiskInfo Standard Edition

How to Upload and Post a Screenshot and File in Seven Forums

Make a hard drive test from the hard drive manufacturers website: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure

Basic checks: Please run these tests and report back the results

1. SFC /scannow to check windows for corruption - SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
2. Disk check for errors on the hard drive - How to Run Disk Check in Windows 7
3. Troubleshoot applications by a clean boot - Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
4. Memtest86+ paying close attention to part 3 - RAM - Test with Memtest86+
5. Hard drive test from HDD mfg website - Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/290226-bsod-random-times-when-not-using-computer-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hope everyone else is having a good Christmas I first built this PC two years then got ntoskrnl.exe computer BSOD now hangs, Random ago late in the first years the PC worked great Random computer hangs, then now got ntoskrnl.exe BSOD not a single problem Then in early this year my computer started getting errors this was when I still had windows first it was random I O write errors which doesn t cause hang or BSOD it simply shutdown my computer automatically after a few seconds then I occasionally get BSOD Back then I had to prepare for my high school exams so I didn t look into it and thought it was just a windows bug So fast forward to now last month I bought the windows and did a complete clean reinstall give up on all Random computer hangs, then now got ntoskrnl.exe BSOD my old files And the problem is still here well not exactly the same problem My windows doesn t experience I O write errors any more instead it started hanging stop responding with multiple applications completely at random both in terms of which application and when it Random computer hangs, then now got ntoskrnl.exe BSOD happens the computer would also stop responding when these application hangs freezes the mouse moves but nothing happens when clicking on the items and the only thing to do is a hard reset However since its not a BSOD it doesn t create dump files for analysis Luckily last night the BSOD happened and I got a dump can someone help me pls now the hang is happening everyday its unbearable Event viewer and reliability monitor doesn t say anything specific just app hang or unexpectedly shutdown My reliability index is at much appreciated I have upgrade my PC since I had the PC problems for example - Radeon HD to x GTX in SLI - OCZ modxstream W to GS w psu from Corsair So I think we can rule out the above My full spec - Nzxt Phantom white red case - Ga-z x-ud -b motherboard - I k CPU overclocked at Ghz - Kingston Hyperx ram - GTX x in SLI - Corsair GS w PSU - Vertex GB SSD for windows - Kingston Hyperx k SSD for often used programs - x TB HDD in Motherboard Raid for games storage I have tried running memtest on my ram all of it passes no error I tried disable my CPU overclock too but the problems is still there

A:Random computer hangs, then now got ntoskrnl.exe BSOD

If you're overclocking, please stop the overclock while we're troubleshooting. Feel free to resume the overclock once the system has been stabilized.

SSD's were temperamental when they first came out, but their reliability has improved greatly over the last year or two. There are 2 things that MUST be checked on systems with BSOD's and SSD's:

1) That the SSD firmware is the latest available for the SSD. I usually can't see this info in the reports, so I rely on you to check it.
2) That the storage controller drivers on the motherboard are the most recent. They must date from late 2012 or later. This is ALL controllers, not just the one that the SSD is attached to. If involved these should be visible in the memory dump - but it doesn't hurt to check manually.

D: drive only has about 10% free space. Windows likes 15% free space in order to perform stuff "behind the scenes" without adversely affecting the system's performance. Please free up 15% on ALL hard drives (you can get away with 10% on larger drives and won't notice a large performance penalty)

You have at least 5 hard drives. What is the age of your Corsair GS800 Power Supply?

Please update the Intel Management Engine (yours dates from 2010):

Try these links:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...ngine&lang=eng

If that doesn't work, then try these Lenovo links:
Intel Management Engine Interface Driver for Windows 8.1 (64-bit), 8 (64-bit) - Notebook
http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/down...DocID=DS032435

Finally, here's the link to the search I used:
https://www.google.com/search?q=inte...ient=firefox-a

FWIW - It's a feature that allows you to manage the BIOS features from within Windows (more technical stuff to be found here: Intel? Active Management Technology (Intel? AMT) Start Here Guide (Intel AMT 9.0) | Intel? Developer Zone )

Please note the drivers below that date from before the release of Windows 8.1 (17 Oct 2013) - check to see that each and every one is compatible w/Windows 8.1 (at the manufacturer's website). If not, you must either remove the device and it's software - or locate a Windows 8.1 compatible update on the web.

If all of this doesn't stop the BSOD's, please run Driver Verifier according to these instructions: Driver Verifier Settings

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

Code:
**************************Mon Dec 23 20:11:31.584 2013 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\122413-147015-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9600.16452.amd64fre.winblue_gdr.131030-1505
System Uptime:0 days 4:36:19.234
Probably caused by :csrss.exe
BugCheck EF, {ffffe0000f139900, 0, 0, 0}
BugCheck Info: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED (ef)
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffe0000f139900, Process object or thread object
Arg2: 0000000000000000, If this is 0, a process died. If this is 1, a thread died.
Arg3: 0000000000000000
Arg4: 0000000000000000
PROCESS_NAME: csrss.exe
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xEF_f7e57c0
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0xEF_f7e57c0_IMAGE_csrss.exe
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz"
MaxSpeed: 3300
CurrentSpeed: 3310
BIOS Version F10
BIOS Release Date 02/21/2012
Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Product Name Z68X-UD4-B3
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``

3rd Party Drivers:
The following is for information purposes only.
Any drivers in red should be updated or removed from your system. And should have been discussed in the body of my post.

Code:
**************************Mon Dec 23 20:11:31.584 2013 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
HECIx64.sys Tue Sep 21 12:59:04 2010 (4C98E458)... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/37758-random-computer-hangs-then-now-got-ntoskrnl-exe-bsod.html
Relevancy 54.18%

So last Then Once Flashes BSoD or Freezes Computer Completely Blinks and Reboots week I was on the interwebs and my computer froze The mouse could move Computer Freezes Completely or Blinks Once Then Flashes BSoD and Reboots but that was it No windows responded nor did the start button and ctrl alt delete didn t do anything Then the screen started to blink about once every seconds It proceeded to do this until I forcibly turned off the computer by holding down the power button I then turned on Computer Freezes Completely or Blinks Once Then Flashes BSoD and Reboots the computer again and the screen was glitchy By this I mean icons on my desktop would disappear until I clicked on them by which I mean clicked the empty spaces where the used to be the start button and task bar would not reappear even if I hit the start button and if I opened a window it would show me the top half of the window and the bottom half would show the desktop or lack thereof Also my background picture was gone I left it alone for a few days I thought maybe it overheated and it was working fine for the last two days Then today it froze completely No blinking screen the mouse disappeared and it just stayed like that until I turned off the computer Then I turned it on and it worked for about twenty minutes The screen blinked once and then I got the BSoD but it only flashed for a moment and then the computer rebooted This has happened another two times in the last hour I got a new harddrive a few months ago but this is the first sign of any trouble I have had since it was installed by a friend Any suggestions

A:Computer Freezes Completely or Blinks Once Then Flashes BSoD and Reboots

Hard to diagnose from this distance, but it sounds as though the display adapter may need to be replaced. Guess there's a chance it might be malware or something else, but my first guess is the video card.

Download BlueScreenView:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All
Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/438188/computer-freezes-completely-or-blinks-once-then-flashes-bsod-and-reboots/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey guys,

I randomly get BSOD while playing a game or just doing nothing but listening to music and watching youtube videos. My drivers are all up to date. I uploaded a file which i made with SF Diagnostic Tool. My computer specs are written on my profile too. It's getting annoying and I don't have a solution for this because I don't know if it's the software or hardware. I've been in several forums in order to find any solutions... found nothing.

Please help!

A:Random Bluescreens - ntoskrnl.exe (Computer is really loud while BSOD)

Hi Blizzii,

I've checked the 'Event Logs' and they look clean. 'Crash Dump' detects BugCheck Code '0x00000124' caused by 'ntoskrnl.exe' driver; please refer to this 'article' and follow the suggested steps: Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

I could also see the following errors in 'Windows Update logs':

Code:
2013-02-17 12:41:18:585 896 edc DnldMgr FATAL: DM:CAgentDownloadManager::LoadUpdateMetadataFromDatastore: GetUpdates failed with 0x80248007.
2013-02-17 12:41:18:585 896 edc DnldMgr * WARNING: Exit code = 0x80248007
2013-02-17 12:41:18:585 896 edc DnldMgr FATAL: DM:CAgentDownloadManager::RestoreDownloadJobs: RestoreDownloadJob failed with 0x80248007.
2013-02-17 12:41:18:585 896 edc DnldMgr FATAL: DM:CAgentDownloadManager::LoadUpdateMetadataFromDatastore: GetUpdates failed with 0x80248007.

2013-02-27 21:04:22:919 1228 17d4 COMAPI FATAL: Unable to initiate asynchronous installation successfully. (hr=80240016)
2013-02-27 21:04:27:914 468 dac Report REPORT EVENT: {6D653856-E810-42BB-B46E-E6FA4841A352} 2013-02-27 21:04:22:915+0100 1 162 101
'Microsoft Security Essentials' seems to have been installed recently. If another 'anti virus / security software' is also installed, try uninstalling it and recheck results. The issue could also be due to a Maware. Try running a scan using this link and see if something is detected: Free Malware Removal Tool | Anti-Malware Scan Software

You may also try the following 'Microsoft Fixit'; and try updating 'Windows' to see if anything changes. Also observe the system for any crashes: Temporary connection-related errors may occur when you use Windows Update or Microsoft Update

Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/280315-random-bluescreens-ntoskrnl-exe-computer-really-loud-while-bsod.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi there I recently built my first computer and have been having problems with it ever since The BSOD using ntoskrnl.exe card, 0xF4 on new computer network while problem typically occurs when the computer boots up and attempts to connect to my home wifi where it will hang freeze up completely eventually BSOD or just BSOD straight away The problem does not occur when using a cellphone to provide internet Because of this I foolishly BSOD on new computer while using network card, 0xF4 ntoskrnl.exe thought it was an issue with my router which was years old - replacing this did not fix it For what little I tested it for for some reason the computer was using a ridiculous amount of bandwidth it seems to work fine using a T-stick to get mobile broadband I have tested the network card in my boyfriend's build where it works fine I have tested his identical network card in my build where if I recall correctly it had problems Forgive me for being forgetful as I did a lot of these tests a couple of weeks ago and was having such a diverse range of crashes that I can't remember what caused what I've run the build without the graphics card but that had no luck The HDD and SSD have both been tested using Hard Disk Sentinel and came up perfect I'm currently running Driver Verifier but it's just showing a black screen I'm not sure if this is normal or not Using WhoCrashed says that it's probably ntoskrnl exe and suggests that it's not a hardware problem but a typical driver issue I would be so grateful if someone could please look over the logs as I can't seem to solve this myself Thanks in advance

A:BSOD on new computer while using network card, 0xF4 ntoskrnl.exe

Code:
Host Name: NOMMY
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
OS Version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation
OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free
Registered Owner: Tessa
Registered Organization:
Product ID: 00426-OEM-8992662-00497
Original Install Date: 11/07/2013, 9:37:19 p.m.
System Boot Time: 1/08/2013, 8:09:43 p.m.
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: H87M-D3H
System Type: x64-based PC
Post this report:Activation Issue Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/299687-bsod-new-computer-while-using-network-card-0xf4-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 53.75%

When I use my computer normally (as in, just browsing the internet), my computer will often lock up, then restart. I did not think it was a BSOD at first, but occasionally I would actually get the bluescreen, and crash dump files were created.

A strange thing about this BSOD is that I never get it while playing games. The sole exception is the game Path of Exile, but since no dump file is created after a Path of Exile crash, it is probably a separate problem. This problem only occurs while I am doing something mundane that does not use my processor power/memory, apparently.

Here's my Diagnostic .zip. Hopefully one of you guys can enlighten me on what the problem is.

A:BSOD during regular computer use, hal.dll+12a3b & ntoskrnl.exe+18c453

A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint. Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress. You can read more on this error and what to try here... Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try: Stop 124 - What it means and what to try

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.2.9200.20512 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\USER\Downloads\SF_Logmore\SF_27-10-2013\102713-30716-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7601.18229.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130801-1533
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`03667000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`038aa6d0
Debug session time: Sun Oct 27 22:53:06.071 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:08:21.804
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8007e32028, f2000040, 800}

---------

3: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: fffffa8007e32028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000f2000040, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000000800, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel

PROCESS_NAME: firefox.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: f

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`02fdda58 fffff800`03630a3b : 00000000`00000124 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`07e32028 00000000`f2000040 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`02fdda60 fffff800`037f3453 : 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`07e33d30 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`07e33d80 : hal!HalBugCheckSystem+0x1e3
fffff880`02fddaa0 fffff800`03630700 : 00000000`00000728 fffffa80`07e33d30 fffff880`02fdde30 fffff880`02fdde00 : nt!WheaReportHwError+0x263
fffff880`02fddb00 fffff800`03630052 : fffffa80`07e33d30 fffff880`02fdde30 fffffa80`07e33d30 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMcaReportError+0x4c
fffff880`02fddc50 fffff800`0362ff0d : 00000000`00000004 00000000`00000001 fffff880`02fddeb0 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandler+0x9e
fffff880`02fddc90 fffff800`03623e88 : 00000000`00000020 fffff880`009b0590 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandlerWithRendezvous+0x55
fffff880`02fdd... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/309747-bsod-during-regular-computer-use-hal-dll-12a3b-ntoskrnl-exe-18c453.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have an HP TouchSmart 620-1110, running Windows 7 Home Premium edition, 64bit. For the last few days, the computer has been shutting itself down overnight from sleep mode. So far, this only happens when the computer is asleep. I have attached the SF Diagnostic information. My wife's HP TouchSmart 610 was having the same problem a few weeks ago. Desprague discovered a couple of old drivers which fixed her computer's problems. I'm hoping for another miracle for my computer! Thanks for your help.

OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, version 6.1.7601 SP 1 Build 7601
CPU: i7-2600 @3.40 GHz
RAM: 16.00 GB
Display: AMD Radeon (TM) HD 7670A Graphics

A:BSOD occurs when computer asleep, involving ntoskrnl.exe

Welcome to the forums sboast,

Code:
BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa800d774a10, fffff80000b9c3d8, fffffa8010d6f390}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for bcmwl664.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for bcmwl664.sys
Probably caused by : bcmwl664.sys
It appears that device object has been blocking any further IRPs from being processed.

Code:
0: kd> lmvm bcmwl664
start end module name
fffff880`06eba000 fffff880`07344000 bcmwl664 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: bcmwl664.sys
Image path: bcmwl664.sys
Image name: bcmwl664.sys
Timestamp: Tue May 08 07:50:46 2012 (4FA8C246)
CheckSum: 004890EA
ImageSize: 0048A000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
It seems your Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter is a possible cause, please update the driver from here - Downloads | Broadcom

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/296251-bsod-occurs-when-computer-asleep-involving-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi, Ive started to have BSOD and its constantly doing it everytime I restart and use the internet. Here is the "Minidump" folder

A:My computer is starting to have BSOD, error 0x0000000a ntoskrnl.exe

Quote: Originally Posted by dxchito

Hi, Ive started to have BSOD and its constantly doing it everytime I restart and use the internet. Here is the "Minidump" folder

No attachments uploaded try this method.

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/205849-my-computer-starting-have-bsod-error-0x0000000a-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I recently built a computer and am getting BSOD's on a relatively frequent basis After checking around I have no idea what the problem could be This is the first build I have ever done Here is what I know Using WhoCrashed it tells me built new on computer. to custom BSOD ntoskrnl.exe Related that in crashes it was related to ntoskrnl exe and in the th is BSOD on new custom built computer. Related to ntoskrnl.exe was related to ntkrnlmp exe The BSOD's are not recurring that is I will get one then go back and do the same thing I was doing before and it will be fine About a day after installing everything my integrated wi-fi card stopped working I shrugged it off to a faulty antennae and went and got a Netgear WNDA v Wireless dual band adapter it is faster and holds a signal better anyways Not sure if it is related to the BSOD's Any other questions feel free to ask attached are the dump files and system health report as required by the forum as well as the screen shot of the WhoCrashed report For system specs look at my profile or feel free to ask Thanks EDIT Also forgot to BSOD on new custom built computer. Related to ntoskrnl.exe add that I am running Windows -bit and it is an OEM everything was installed in the past - days when I took them out of the box and this is the only OS I have installed on the system Also I tried to run the windows repair program of the OS disc and it was not compatible not sure if that is due to OEM or related to the problem

A:BSOD on new custom built computer. Related to ntoskrnl.exe

PROBLEM DEVICES

Code:
Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0032&SUBSYS_850D1043&REV_01\4&299066B9&0&00E6 This device is disabled.
PCI Simple Communications Controller PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E3A&SUBSYS_84CA1043&REV_04\3&11583659&0&B0 The drivers for this device are not installed.
You will either need to uninstall these drivers and then install the latest version or perform a clean installation of them.
DRIVERS
The following drivers need to be updated:

Code:
hamachi.sys Thu Feb 19 21:36:41 2009
These drivers can be found by searching them in Google and then finding the associated software or driver. Finally, find the latest version of this driver or software and download and install it. Some of the drivers may also be found here (if the driver says 'Windows Update' simply make sure all Windows Updates are installed).

You should also update any other drivers you can think of including graphics, audio, chipset, SSD etc.
SOFTWARE
You have Norton installed, is that correct? At least to test, uninstall it and install MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials) instead.
Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

Please also uninstall any other Symantec products you have including Endpoint and Ghost as some of your dumps point toward Symantec drivers.
HARDWARE
Run a chkdsk on the system partition to check for bad sectors or system errors.
Disk Check

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/239540-bsod-new-custom-built-computer-related-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello Friends I am currently experiencing issues with my computer that has windows installed Recently it has been randomly freezing forcing me to restart it or blue screening When the computer reboots it falls into a repeat cycle of Blue screening into rebooting until the trouble shooting Cycles into Random BSOD Reboots Repeated as PC Computer freezes/BSODs menu is reached I have attempted to do a system restore but the process failed The details of the failure were quot System restore failed to extract the original copy of the directory from the restore point Source ProgramFiles WindowsApps Destenation AppxStaging System Restore ran out of disk space while restoring your files quot After a while of continually restarting my computer it occasionally gets to the log in screen and will either blue screen again or run normally depending on whether or not i'm lucky The attached dump is from yesterday I've had a couple more blue screens since I would appreciate any help Just let me know if you need any more information Thanks YELLYPHISH-Mon zip Random Computer freezes/BSODs into Repeated BSOD Cycles as PC Reboots

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/53263-random-computer-freezes-bsods-into-repeated-bsod-cycles-pc-reboots.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I built this custom htpc a few months ago and have experienced regular crashes reboots The system is based on an MSI Z -GD mobo with i - S processor in ntoskrnl.exe on Crash/reboots HTPC: symptoms custom ntkrnlmp.exe a fanless Streacom case designed for the purpose with extensive heatsinking To ensure temperatures are not excessive I have kept the processor within the Streacom recommendations nothing is overclocked and it uses only Intel's integrated graphics with no other video card All components are new The only quot unusual quot item has been an Asus Xonar STX sound PCI-e card The system is used for TV windows media center as a Plex server and a Foobar server - not much else By way of troubleshooting after the first few Crash/reboots on custom HTPC: ntoskrnl.exe ntkrnlmp.exe symptoms weeks I did a clean reinstall to remove any issues I might have caused as I iterated my way to the optimum setup but this made no difference I also replaced the PSU with no effect I have run memtest on the memory - this produced errors in the new quot hammer test quot but G-Skill apparently discount this test and when I run memtest which does not include such a test it shows no errors Temperatures are ok - typically - degrees C with occasional and up to only when doing extreme tasks like Memtest and the crashes do not seem to happen when anything intensive is going on I have been blaming the issue on the Asus Xonar STX sound card as google suggests some people find this causes BSOD issues and the Asus drivers are considered buggy and I had been using the alternative UNI drivers I have therefore recently now removed the card and installed the mobo's built in realtek sound However I have already had one reboot These reboots can be while watching TV using Windows Media Center or when updating a library in Plex or simply when putting Flash video to full screen in Chrome browser Rather than attempt another clean rebuild with no more likelihood that I will eliminate the problem this time than last time I would appreciate any help you folks can give me in tracking down the problem so I can fix it I have now switched minidump reporting one but the last reboot had already resulted in a MEMORY DMP file and one minidump file so I am attaching the requested zip file Thanks

A:Crash/reboots on custom HTPC: ntoskrnl.exe ntkrnlmp.exe symptoms

Some modules are unloaded there, which resisting the crash dump recording mechanism to record the complete data there.

Code:
fffff880`0330e098 fffff880`058a5b8e <Unloaded_spsys.sys>+0x3cb8e
fffff880`0330e0d8 fffff880`058a41f4 <Unloaded_spsys.sys>+0x3b1f4
fffff880`0330e0f0 fffff880`0586c720 <Unloaded_spsys.sys>+0x3720
fffff880`0330e0f8 fffff880`0587b510 <Unloaded_spsys.sys>+0x12510
fffff880`0330e100 fffff880`0587b510 <Unloaded_spsys.sys>+0x12510
fffff880`0330e108 fffff880`058a4270 <Unloaded_spsys.sys>+0x3b270
So crash dump analysis is also not being helpful.

Free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto start with it, but the auto start programs often conflicts and causes various problems including BSODs.
Type ?msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the ?Startup? tab.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
Then let us see the zip for the next BSOD, that may contain some information. To replicate a BSOD in your situation, put the computer in hibernate/sleep and wake it up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/372834-crash-reboots-custom-htpc-ntoskrnl-exe-ntkrnlmp-exe-symptoms.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey guys so I've been getting some random BSOD errors every few days or so I usually leave my computer on when I am at work or sleep and either when I come home Random BSOD error ntoskrnl.exe (address driver ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0) or wake up my computer is off So I turn it on and it says that the computer didn't Random BSOD error driver ntoskrnl.exe (address ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0) shut down properly when I start up I downloaded the BlueScreenView and noticed I've had some BSOD three times within days One Random BSOD error driver ntoskrnl.exe (address ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0) was a PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA error which I believe was a RAM problem i bought new RAM and installed it plus OCed it to but I believe it was making my system unstable so I reset the speed to default and haven't gotten that error again but after that I've gotten two IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL errors related to ntoskrnl exe I did some research online and from what I read it could be a number of problems I'm just not sure where to start and could really use some guidance and advice I uploaded my dmp files for anyone who knows how to look at these Thank in advance

A:Random BSOD error driver ntoskrnl.exe (address ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0)

Welcome to 7F. I'll take a look at your dumps and see if I can get you BSOD free.

One

NETGEAR NEUTRAL WIRELESS SOLUTION

Your Netgear Neutral Wireless Solution driver has been flagged. It is quite old a could probably do with updating. Check for updates here
Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck A, {0, 2, 1, fffff800034c88ac}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for scmndisp.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for scmndisp.sys
Probably caused by : scmndisp.sys ( scmndisp+16d1 )

---------

1: kd> lmvm scmndisp
start end module name
fffff880`0188b000 fffff880`01895000 scmndisp T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: scmndisp.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\scmndisp.sys
Image name: scmndisp.sys
Timestamp: Fri May 27 11:30:22 2011 (4DDF7D3E)
CheckSum: 00009C0C
ImageSize: 0000A000

Two

HARDWARE DIAGNOSTICS

A few of your dumps (0x50, 0x124) are pointing towards hardware errors. 0x124s are usually always hardware errors but rarely give us an indication of what the problem actually is. In this case we may have struck lucky as this particular one shows up ASUS AI Suite III. The utilities listed below are the ones I'm concerned about.Attachment 353971

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Arguments:
Arg2: fffffa800752d028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000bf800000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000000124, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:
------------------

PROCESS_NAME: AISuite3.exe

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.17029 (debuggers(dbg).140219-1702) amd64fre
We have seen motherboard packaged utilities cause 0x124s in the past and it could be the case here.
Uninstall ASUS AI Suite III and test the system for stability.
Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use
Download and run MemTest86+ to test your RAM. RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Note
Attachment 353972 Run MemTest86+ for at least 8 passes. Ideally set it off before you go to bed and leave it overnight, we're looking for zero errors here. A single error will show something's going bad with your RAM.

Three

NVIDIA GPU

You've also received a 0x116 which is a VIDEO_TDR_ERROR (Timeout Detection & Recovery) which means your GPU driver has crashed and has failed to recover in time. This could be down to the driver, the card itself or possibly the power to the card.
Code:
******************************************************************************... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/365399-random-bsod-error-driver-ntoskrnl-exe-address-ntoskrnl-exe-74ec0.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey Everyone This is a new system build and it was working fine until a week after I had built it The first blue screen I got was when I was uploading a video to youtube and now I seem to get them randomly fairly often apart from when I m playing games which is odd just browsing the internet etc So far I ve done tests on my hard drives to see if they re healthy and they have passed HD Tune however I seem to always get blue screens when I try and upload a video to youtube from either of the hard drives I ve tried them plugged in one at a time but it doesn t blue screen when I upload from the SSD on its own this could just be a coincidence though as it blue screened with just the SSD in when I left the computer idle overnight I ve run memtest on my ram which didn t come up with any errors and I ve re-seated it just to check if it was okay I ll upload a dumps New ntoskrnl.exe? crash Computer BSOD Build Multiple zip of my Minidump now using BlueScreenView seems to point towards ntoskrnl exe but this is my first time using BlueScreenView so I m not sure if that s common or w e Another thing to add is that I seem to get program instability e g steam closing when it feels like it and chrome crashing for no reason however playing the mmo neverwinter seemed to work fine located on a different drive to the OS SDD Win Ultimate x I - BSOD New Computer Build ntoskrnl.exe? Multiple crash dumps K MSI z -g Crucial x GB mhz Ballistix RAM Samsung Pro SSD x Seagate rpm tb HDD s Asus Xonar d x Soundcard Corsair CX W MSI Geforce GTX Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:BSOD New Computer Build ntoskrnl.exe? Multiple crash dumps

There seems to be a problem with your Windows activation. Please post this report: Activation Issue Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/303353-bsod-new-computer-build-ntoskrnl-exe-multiple-crash-dumps.html
Relevancy 52.89%

BSOD random, probably under heavy load situations. I dont know how to do.

DM log collector file attached

many thanks

A:BSOD random most times ntoskrnl.exe+748c0 and ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0

Hi berdini.

Code:
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GS_FALSE_POSITIVE_MISSING_GSFRAME
Scan the system for possible virus infection with the following programs.
Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller
Windows Defender Offline
Let us know the results.

Code:
BugCheck F7, {fffff8800a01ff08, f8800125d135, ffff077ffeda2eca, 0}

Probably caused by : Ntfs.sys ( Ntfs!_report_gsfailure+26 )

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/373211-bsod-random-most-times-ntoskrnl-exe-748c0-ntoskrnl-exe-74ec0.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I'm getting random Blue Screens and can't figure out why. I'm not running any hardcore programs. I'm mostly just using Microsoft Office and Firefox. The BSOD's seem to happen when I'm in Outlook, Excel or Firefox. Haven't been able to determine exactly which at the time as I'm moving back and forth between them quite often.

I've tried the SFC command and it didn't find anything. I used BlueScreenViewer but not a lot of help. All drivers for sound and video have been updated. I've also updated the firmware to the Crucial M4 SSD version 040H.

Any insight would be great.

Specs:
Laptop - HP EliteBook 8560w
CPU - Intel i7-2670QM
RAM - Hynix/Hyundai 8.0 GB Ram
SSD - M4-CT256M4 SSD
Audio - AMD High Definition Audio
Video - AMD FirePro M5950
OS - Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

A:Random BSOD Reporting ntoskrnl.exe+75c40 & ntoskrnl.exe+7efc0

Update the firmware of your Crucial M4-CT256M4SSD2.

And, Uninstall McAfee Using McAfee Removal Tool. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.
Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.

Free up the startup.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus and touchpad driver SynTPEnh.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/281927-random-bsod-reporting-ntoskrnl-exe-75c40-ntoskrnl-exe-7efc0.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi to make things easier for you dxgmms1.sys,ntoskrnl.exe,Ntfs.sys BSOD Address:ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0; below is the Bug Check String Driver and crash address SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION dxgmms sys ntoskrnl exe bc MEMORY MANAGEMENT ntoskrnl exe ntoskrnl exe bc SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION ntoskrnl exe ntoskrnl exe bc NTFS FILE SYSTEM Ntfs sys ntoskrnl exe bc IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL ntoskrnl exe ntoskrnl exe bc unrelated how could I make nice table above I have searched the forum Problem BSOD randomly usually graphics related eg flash games in chrome graphics related software Mathematica Problem I use an internet usb G device to connect to internet Every morning the device will not connect to internet and computer will hang on shutting down screen when I BSOD Address:ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0; dxgmms1.sys,ntoskrnl.exe,Ntfs.sys restart I have to manually turn off and back on again I think this may be a dying capacitor on motherboard that needs boot's to get excited Problem Chrome quot aw snap quot happens regularly and is usually flash content related even ad banners seem to cause it from time to time I have reinstalled chrome checked plugins etc etc no luck Internet explorer runs stable but for example in flash games it seems to momentarily freeze and then catch up BSOD Address:ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0; dxgmms1.sys,ntoskrnl.exe,Ntfs.sys with itself again These are moments where I think chrome would have crashed Things I've done SFC scan All's well Memtest I did pass it took an hour everything fine Will put it on over night tonight Checked for latest drivers Also have latest BIOS Checked win update Ran Intel Burn everything ok max stress over Gb RAM run min max temp thank you Noctua NH-C P this is with quiet adaptor too lol Ran malwarebytes found nothing toxic Ran SSDlife Free health SSD seems fine Bought a new motherboard assuming that the current one is going bad I haven't switched over to it yet and thought I should investigate a little further before I do ie bad RAM CPU Power Supply SSD CPU seems fine RAM passed test but will test further My own quot opinion quot until today was that there is a fault on motherboard probably with usb hardware Now I realise that it could be the power supply but I have no way to test this bar buy a new one My analysis bad motherboard or bad PSU Either way not getting away with cheap fix methinks UPDATE I enabled verifier exe using this Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable Windows crashes just before going to desktop I had to boot last known config to get up and running again IE I CAN RELIABLY CREATE BSOD USING VERIFIER EXE WITH GIVEN INSTRUCTIONS So I am going to try focusing on drivers loaded at startup by process of elimination Is there a quick way to find out which one Below is the Check String Driver and crash address for the BSOD's when using verifier exe IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL ntoskrnl exe ntoskrnl exe bc DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL RNDISMPX SYS RNDISMPX SYS a UPDATE If I choose or more non Microsoft drivers in verifier exe I get BSOD different check strings but always at the same address Also computer seems more unstable since engaging with verifier exe I feel I have given a thorough evaluation based on information in this forum and would appreciate feedback from those with more expertise than I UPDATE Another Memtest gave errors on pass Questions any chance poor power supply can cause this anyone have experience increasing voltage to make this go away would bad RAM explain all my problems ok fine i'll go through RAM and the slots and find the bad one sigh major sigh positively tragic sigh UPDATE Started with slot with stick of RAM Did memtest but had an idea I turned on verifier exe with all rd party drivers selected and my theory was to replicate the BSOD I got earlier at startup Went through each slot each RAM combo's of RAM and then to add insult to injury with all sticks in exactly same as before no BSOD Life is tough So maybe RAM wasn't properly seated all this time or maybe I need to test the RAM proper... Read more

A:BSOD Address:ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0; dxgmms1.sys,ntoskrnl.exe,Ntfs.sys

**************UPDATE 5 ****************

The sequence of events went as follows.
RAM test 1 pass was passed. Verifier.exe caused immediate BSOD on windows start when activated. Trying to hunt down drivers revealed any combo of 3 or more drivers gave BSOD at startup. Randomly decided to recheck RAM. Failed memtest after 27 minutes pass 1. Found one RAM stick that passed after one pass slot0. Got fed up of waiting for other slot's. Devised a plan to use verifier to check the RAM by seeing which combo's of RAM sticks gave BSOD on startup. All combo's passed. And now verifier does not give BSOD on any setting. Began to hate life. Cheered myself up with prospect of sleep. Put all 16 Gb RAM in properly and ran mentest for 18 hours, 6 passes. No error. Still no verifier.exe errors when enabled. Wrote this update.

If RAM failed after 27min one test, and then after swapping around a retest of 18 hours has no error, one would presume the RAM may be ok. Equally, I believe one could say the RAM is suspect. So, if the test is failed it really doesn't tell us anything except there is a problem somewhere. But we know there is a problem since we have BSOD!!! If I hadn't rerun the test I wouldn't question the RAM.

So the question is: how do I categorically ensure that a stick of RAM is good? Is memtest on RAM with an alternative working computer enough?

In summary:

I ran memtest for 18 hours, which was 6 passes. No problems detected. Using verifier.exe with protocols given on this forum I no longer get BSOD.

Currently my hypothesis is that the RAM was never seated correctly, or given that it takes a bit of force to insert correctly into motherboard, the flexing has at least temporarily defused whatever fault was causing my BSOD. Tenuous I know. But I really have no other explanation other than something somewhere on the motherboard or power is failing, or even the RAM.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/351171-bsod-address-ntoskrnl-exe-75bc0-dxgmms1-sys-ntoskrnl-exe-ntfs-sys.html
Relevancy 52.89%

i keep getting BSOD when playing game new graphics i dont know where to start when its comes to BSOD stuff

110414-10576-01.dmp 11/4/2014 10:48:39 PM 0x00000124 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0af318f8 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+4a63cc NT Kernel & System Microsoft? Windows? Operating System Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255) x64 ntoskrnl.exe+4a63cc C:\Windows\Minidump\110414-10576-01.dmp 6 15 7600 262,144 11/4/2014 10:48:41 PM is some info i dont know what else yall need

A:0x00000124 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+4a63cc BSOD Error runninganygame

Please Help

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/351242-0x00000124-ntoskrnl-exe-ntoskrnl-exe-4a63cc-bsod-error-runninganygame.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Jan , Crash Address All !! BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+80640 the Time ntoskrnl.exe ------------------------------------------- How to Solve - I've uninstalled my windows and recover my laptop with recovery DVD to it's original factory state original windows - Never installed Norton internet security again I'm using Microsoft Security Essentials now - Updated my Graphic Card Driver Intel Wifi Driver Sound Card Driver And some other drivers It's been two months now with no BSOD Thanks to dear Arc and gregrocker Thank you guys ------------------------------------------- Oct ------------------------------------------- Hi guys It's almost a year that I have problems with BSOD ntoskrnl.exe , All the Time !! Crash Address ntoskrnl.exe+80640 BSODs it use to be Atikmdag BSOD but I solve that with updating my Graphic card Driver and Changing Atikmdag sys file in Windows System folder But now it's about months that I get ntoskrnl exe BSODs in lot's of situations Web surfing Windows log on Working with Unity Working with files and Really lot's of Times Even in Safe Mode with Networking I guess it's because of my Network driver because I got BSOD in Safe Mode with Network but I never got a BSOD in normal Safe mode BTW I dunno how to solve it Please Help me these BSODs are sooooooooo annoying Here is my System Specs It's Msi GX CPU Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Main MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO LTD MS- Bios BIOS Date Ver Memory GB HDD ST AS ATA Device Sound Card AMD High Definition Audio Device High Definition Audio Device Graphic ATI Mobility Radeon HD Series - GB GDDR OS Microsoft Windows Ultimate -bit Multiprocessor Free Service Pack it's weird that I've finished writing this without a BSOD Here is the Zip file Created with SF Diagnostic Tool

A:BSOD ntoskrnl.exe , All the Time !! Crash Address ntoskrnl.exe+80640

Code:
fffff800`00b9cc48 fffff880`010b75fcUnable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\sptd.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for sptd.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for sptd.sys
sptd+0x4b5fc
Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known BSOD causer. Uninstall Alcohol 120% at first. Then download SPTD standalone installer from Disk-Tools.com, and execute the downloaded file as guided below :
Double click to open it.
Click this button only:

If it is grayed out, as in the picture, there is no more SPTD in your system, and you just close the window.
Next uninstall Virtual CloneDrive, as vclone.sys is as fatal as SPTD.sys, too.
After doing these two, report the situation back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/309093-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-all-time-crash-address-ntoskrnl-exe-80640-a.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Got my first blue screen of death tonight had firefox opened one watching youtube video another browsing internet After bsod /adress (ntoskrnl.exe+72a40) caused by driver (ntoskrnl.exe) BSOD it restarted i login but just black screen with cursor ctrl alt delete worked so i shut my computer down Boot up normally after check my minidump file bsod cause BSOD caused by driver (ntoskrnl.exe) /adress (ntoskrnl.exe+72a40) by ntoskrnl exe Did little search on google find BSOD caused by driver (ntoskrnl.exe) /adress (ntoskrnl.exe+72a40) has to do with ram and hard drive Downloaded wd data life guard diagnostic for my mechanic drive which is healthy but my ssd on shows failed end to end error rate value threshold worst is all in SMART statue Im not sure if i can trust this wd diagnostic on my crucial ssd there are alot of unknown in SMART statue too Theres no ssd diagnotic for crucial there is a firmware not sure if it helps So i downloaded and ran crystaldiskinfo on my ssd health statues says good it doesnt say end to end error rate like wd Instead same ID B line says quot unused reserve nand blocks quot instead Is my ssd good i havent ran a test on my ram yet This is almost month old build Asrock x x killer i k gtx w crucial x gb crucial gb ssd wd blue tb Heres info of bsod with bluescreenview Bug Check String- IRQL GT ZERO AT SYSTEM SERVICE Bug Check Code - x a Parameter - dc a Parameter - Parameter - Parameter - fffff b Caused By Driver- ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address- ntoskrnl exe a File Description- NT Kernel amp System

A:BSOD caused by driver (ntoskrnl.exe) /adress (ntoskrnl.exe+72a40)

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/367819-bsod-caused-driver-ntoskrnl-exe-adress-ntoskrnl-exe-72a40.html
Relevancy 52.46%

When I put my pc in sleep mode it often crashes: the screen goes normally in sleep mode, but the pc continues to stay awake for several minutes than BSOD & restart or BSOD & shut off.
Thanks to BlueScreenView I found what is seemingly the guilty process, but I don't know what to do now.
Attachment 315989
Thanks
Also, sorry for my bad english.

A:BSOD when goes sleep, ntoskrnl.exe+e96d2/ntoskrnl.exe+81e7a

Your HUAWEI Mobile Connect driver is causing issues here.

Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ew_jubusenum.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ew_jubusenum.sys
Probably caused by : ew_jubusenum.sys
If it's a necessary driver then update it but if not then please completely remove it.
I'm not that familiar with such devices but it should be under Network Adapters, right click on the device and click properties, then click on the driver tab and update.

Code:
fffff880`015e0000 fffff880`015fc000 ew_jubusenum T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: ew_jubusenum.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ew_jubusenum.sys
Image name: ew_jubusenum.sys
Timestamp: Mon Aug 20 01:55:56 2012 (50318B1C)
CheckSum: 0001CF99
ImageSize: 0001C000

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/330151-bsod-when-goes-sleep-ntoskrnl-exe-e96d2-ntoskrnl-exe-81e7a.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I keep getting a BSOD (Critical_Object_Termination) but have no idea what is causing the issue. I tried in vain to debug my own minidump files but ended up getting nowhere.

So far i have run MemTest over the weekend with 107 passes. I also ran Prime95 64-bit for 4 hours on each of the FFT tests without error.

I have enabled driver verifier (following the guide on this site) and this has not caused anynew BSOD's.

I also get a random BSOD on startup but it has happened so infrequently i have been unable to boot with disable automatic restart on system failure enabled to capture the stop code.

I really could do with some expert advice please.

This is my first post so i apologise if i have missed something important but i have tried to read as much info as possible before posting.

A:BSOD Ntoskrnl.exe+7efc0 and Ntoskrnl.exe+75c40

Unusual one you got there think it may be a windows problem please run sf tool and upload all files not just dumps and try running an sfc scan
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker option 2

Check system temperatures also

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/281212-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-7efc0-ntoskrnl-exe-75c40.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello Recently I got a few bluescreens while playing World of Warcraft which I thought was very weird because all of my hardware is pretty new Here is some info about my computer Intel i - GHZ EVGA GTX SSC super superclocked - the fans are designed not to turn on until card reaches c gb Hyper X Fury ram tb WD Black HDD Windows OS At first I noticed three bluescreens then I used EVGA Precision X with a custom aggressive fan profile and BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0 ntoskrnl.exe address the problem went away temporarily but then the computer crashed later on I'm not sure if that's relevant or not I ran a diagnostic on my harddrive and processor and both were fine The RAM seems more difficult to test because it said something about usb drives so I decied to stray away from that unless it was absolutely necessary and then get help from someone who BSOD ntoskrnl.exe address ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0 knows what they're doing I am going to upload the dump files that were saved by bluescreenview Any help at all would be greatly appreciated

A:BSOD ntoskrnl.exe address ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0

CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION BSODs (0xf4) are usually related to an issue with the hard drive.

If you have an SSD, make sure that the firmware is upgraded.

If HDD, run SeaTools for DOS, LONG test - Hard Drive (HDD) Diagnostics - Sysnative Forums

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-address-ntoskrnl-exe-74ec0-975273.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing these BSOD errors? It started with the +74200 error about a month ago (enduser is just now informing IT) and now it is the +73c40. I've already done several Memory tests to no avail. I'm about to just
reimage but don't want to if it's just a driver issue. 

Thanks
TravisD

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/afea0b11-7904-4025-8dd6-c76d6cfa02d8/ntoskrnlexe74200-amp-ntoskrnlexe73c40-bsod?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 51.6%

i am having this problem after i change my video cards i upgraded a 460 SLI to a 680
i have run 3dmark11 to try to replicate the bsod or something and nothing happends
i clean my hardware and change the thermal compound then i played some bf3 and paff the same bsod =(

pd: sorry for my english
i forgot to say that i have the last beta drivers from nvidia because with the WHQL i was having problems in gw2
Attachment 231326

A:BSOD playing bf3, hal.dll hal.dll+12a3b , ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+18

Welcome

For the bug check you're getting go through:
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

Also get a latest version of your BIOS.

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Yusra\Downloads\Fayer\SF_11-09-2012\091112-23509-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\SymCache*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.17835.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`03667000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`038ab670
Debug session time: Wed Sep 12 06:29:05.072 2012 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 7:04:57.025
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa80086cf028, ba000000, 400405}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : hardware

---------

5: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Arguments:
Arg2: fffffa80086cf028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000ba000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000400405, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:
------------------

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: System

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`030acb58 fffff800`03630a3b : 00000000`00000124 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`086cf028 00000000`ba000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`030acb60 fffff800`037f3b03 : 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`0860b890 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0860b8e0 : hal!HalBugCheckSystem+0x1e3
fffff880`030acba0 fffff800`03630700 : 00000000`00000728 fffffa80`0860b890 fffff880`030acf30 fffff880`030acf00 : nt!WheaReportHwError+0x263
fffff880`030acc00 fffff800`03630052 : fffffa80`0860b890 fffff880`030acf30 fffffa80`0860b890 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMcaReportError+0x4c
fffff880`030acd50 fffff800`0362ff0d : 00000000`00000008 00000000`00000001 fffff880`030acfb0 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandler+0x9e
fffff880`030acd90 fffff800`03623e88 : 0000003b`5e9a7a72 fffffa80`0ae15ac8 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandlerWithRendezvous+0x55
fffff880`030acdc0 fffff800`036e4aac : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalHandleMcheck+0x40
fffff880`030acdf0 fffff800`036e4913 : 00000000`00000000 00000... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/252352-bsod-playing-bf3-hal-dll-hal-dll-12a3b-ntoskrnl-exe-ntoskrnl-exe-18-a.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, I've been having this BSOD appear very randomly.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x0000000a
(all reports in .rar file)

Sometimes within 1 hour, other times as long as 24hrs+. I've got my BIOS/Drivers up to date for my CPU, Graphics Card, and Motherboard. I've rigorously tested my memory and have never had any issues arise.

It has occurred during
3d gaming,
when the system has been idle,
also when browsing with firefox or ie.

Any help at all would be appreciated, I've struggled with this BSOD for years I would love to finally find whats causing it.

Thank you.

A:BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+26ee0 ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40

Quote: Originally Posted by postal

Hi, I've been having this BSOD appear very randomly.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x0000000a
(all reports in .rar file)

Sometimes within 1 hour, other times as long as 24hrs+. I've got my BIOS/Drivers up to date for my CPU, Graphics Card, and Motherboard. I've rigorously tested my memory and have never had any issues arise.

It has occurred during
3d gaming,
when the system has been idle,
also when browsing with firefox or ie.

Any help at all would be appreciated, I've struggled with this BSOD for years I would love to finally find whats causing it.

Thank you.

First lets start with asacpi.sys yours dated 2005
1-ASACPI.SYS

The pre 2009 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.

Please visit this link: ASUS teK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE

Scroll down to the Utilities category, then scroll down to the "ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).
Download and install it.
Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers to check and make sure that the ASACPI.SYS file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (NOT 2005).

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/194256-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-26ee0-ntoskrnl-exe-7cc40.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi there,

Recently I've been getting BSOD while playing WoW. I'm not sure what details to give other than the dump so I'll just tell you about my computer:

Intel i5 4690 3.5-3.9 GHZ
EVGA GTX 970 SSC (super superclocked - the fans are designed not to turn on until card reaches 60c)
16gb Hyper X Fury ram
1tb WD Black HDD
Windows 7 OS

I noticed that I haven't crashed yet while EVGA Precision X is up (it has a custom aggressive fan curve I made). Maybe this has to do with the fact that it replaces fan drivers, or something? I don't know. I'm pretty clueless as to what's going on because all these parts are pretty new and it only recently started, but it's crashed three times today. Here are the dumps.
Any help you guys can give would be greatly greatly appreciated. Thanks a ton!

A:BSOD ntoskrnl.exe address ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0

Any ideas? It happened again while using EVGA Precision.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-address-ntoskrnl-exe-74ec0.1145229/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi I have an ADSL connection at speed with GB download limit pm I have a netcomm wireless router I am using Windows XP on desktop pc and laptop Firewalls have been disabled as well I have another post asking why my internet might keep disconnecting I have tried please - someone out help blames time Urgently need else. Downloads everyone all the suggestions made however my internet keeps disconnecting When talking to my ISP they blamed my router saying it was conflicting with my modem They then said they can t help and want me to pay their tech guy ph to come and fix my issue Out of Downloads time out - everyone blames someone else. Urgently need help please curiosity I connected my laptop directly to my modem thus avoiding the router and the internet connection still drops out I have been tryingto download video files around MB to MB and an error message keeps appearing saying my connection timed out or the application timed out I have cleared all the cockies and viewing history I have installed all new media players and the problem persists I need help Does anyone have any suggestions nbsp

A:Downloads time out - everyone blames someone else. Urgently need help please

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/downloads-time-out-everyone-blames-someone-else-urgently-need-help-please.818257/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello everyone,
I have Windows XP on my system and I have ran into a problem. Suddenly it stopped booting properly one day and now this is what happens:

- Everything runs thorugh BIOS fine
- Windows XP Loads properly
- The welcome screen loads and desktop is displayed
- A few applications load
- The computer flashes the BSOD and it reboots and follows this process

The blue screen of death flashes to quickly for me to catch what it says. Basically Im not quite sure what it is becuase I havent installed anything new and havent added any new hardware or drivers. I have also tried running my computer in safe mode and the simular thing happens.

If anyone has an idea as to what might be causing it and if I can recover it w/o losing all of my data please leave a post...

Thanks for reading

A:Computer Boots To Desktop Then "BSOD" And Reboots

Navigate to "Administrative Tools" and find the "Event Manager". Sometimes it's log will tell you what went wrong just before the BSOD to help you isolate the cause.

From the command line, run chkdsk with the repair option, or you could do it in windows, I supposed. HD errors can cause this, and it is one of the easiest things to fix.

Also, consider running system restore, particularly if you have recently installed new hardware or software. That can also be a "magic bullet" fix that saves time.

AND (full of ideas today), verifying that you can boot into Safe Mode is a good thing to know, and will provide a sense of where the problem is and is not. It wouldn't hurt to run Ad-Aware & anti-virus while there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-boots-to-desktop-then-bsod-and-reboots-93015.html
Relevancy 48.59%

My wireless internet will randomly shut off, roughly every other day. It will shut up and say that my wireless router needs to be reset, but all other wireless devices continue to work throughout the house. I could run any amount of diagnostic but it will not fix. The only time it fixes it when it says "repair as administrator" as one of the options in diagnostic test which does not always appear.

I went to school yesterday, and my laptop would not connect to the wireless network there at all, but everyone else around me connected fine.

Is there a problem with my wireless adapter? Or a corrupt file or something?

Thank you

Relevancy 48.59%

Oh dear, if system crashes were totally eliminated - wouldn't the world be a better place!

I have a system crash and the Minidump blames Ntfs.

Any bright ideas anyone?

Thanks people

A:System Crash Blames NTFS. Any Bright Ideas?

The filesystem is corrupt, run hard drive diagnostics and chkdsk?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-crash-blames-ntfs-any-bright-ideas.77036/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi there am having a problem with a new computer system Freshly installed with windows Pro Have attached the DM log collector files NODE- zip For the first week this system ran without problems Left online for long periods copying network files and downloading etc Then on July th began to suffer from unexplained system reboots after between - mins of being left without keyboard or mouse input These don't involving idle Regular Reboots ntoskrnl.exe system System on - happen while the system is in use and I've been able to confirm - hour periods of intense usage Regular System Reboots involving ntoskrnl.exe - on system idle without any crash Each of the idle crashes comes up with a quot The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck quot listing in the Windows event review Each of these reboots basically restarts the machine and comes back to the login screen I've downloaded the BlueScreenView minidump reviewer program to find out what drivers are involved and the results of these crashes are as follows Between and Bug check String Caused by Driver Address Unknown NTFS sys a e Unknown tcpip sys fb c Memory Management ntoskrnl exe IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL ntoskrnl exe Memory Management ntoskrnl exe Page fault in nonpaged area ndis sys IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL ntoskrnl exe Bad Pool Header FLTMGR SYS Unknown ntoskrnl exe Page fault in nonpaged area ntoskrnl exe On July th I installed some Windows Updates Latest Nvidia Geforce drivers and some Epson printer drivers Just to re-iterate this crash reboot symptom only happens while the computer is idle for an extended time without keyboard or mouse input and happens regardless of whether the computer is literally doing nothing - or actively downloading from the internet steam etc The PC is overclocked But I have tested reverting to system defaults non overclocked this past weekend for hours or so and the last few crashes have happened with the non overclocked status Any help or suggestions gladly appreciated

A:Regular System Reboots involving ntoskrnl.exe - on system idle

Have added an image of the BlueScreenView Analysis - it actually shows that in another two instances Bad Pool and Page fault - the ntoskrnl.exe was involved in the crash as one of two cited drivers .. so that means currently 8 of the 10 reboots have involved this driver I believe.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/56510-regular-system-reboots-involving-ntoskrnl-exe-system-idle.html
Relevancy 48.16%

http news softpedia com news micr Microsoft Hemisphere Melbourne Blames the Wrong Putting Wikipedia in for elbourne-in-the-wrong-hemisphere- shtml Map services have become super popular these days and everyone seems to be using them Microsoft Blames Wikipedia for Putting Melbourne in the Wrong Hemisphere especially for their daily commute given the fact that most also include traffic information And yet Australians living in Melbourne and using Bing Maps were surprised to find out that Microsoft actually placed their city in the wrong hemisphere due to what seemed to be an issue affecting coordinates As The Reg reports whenever users searched for Melbourne Victoria Australia on Bing Maps Microsoft claimed the city was at and while the coordinates were right not the same thing could be said about the hemisphere Blaming Wikipedia When contacted on Twitter Microsoft actually acknowledged the bug and blamed Wikipedia for putting Melbourne in the wrong hemisphere While it s a little surprising to see a company the size of Microsoft relying on a service such as Wikipedia which anyone can edit freely it s important to note that the developer APIs didn t have this error This issue has been fixed Missing negative sign in Wikipedia data Microsoft s Ricky Brundritt explained Not too much he added when being asked how much Bing relies on Wikipedia Mainly only for rich description on map website The developer API s don t use this and didn t have this error This issue was limited to a few regions as duplicate entries for this result were in data Leaving this error aside which Microsoft fixed very fast anyway it s worth mentioning that Bing Maps is improving substantially these days as the firm is putting a lot of effort into getting it right The service receives large updates every month that bring not only improvements but also new features as it s the case of the August update that included three new road maps styles high contrast support animated tile layers and several under-the-hood enhancements to refine performance on all devices nbsp

https://malwaretips.com/threads/microsoft-blames-wikipedia-for-putting-melbourne-in-the-wrong-hemisphere.63936/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey all I m panicking So I fancy myself somewhat computer literate and I have gone around my office installing spywareblaster spybot s amp d ad-aware hijakthis etc to keep our systems free from spyware and I ve made sure everyone has the latest service packs and all that kind of thing no one uses any software that sp xp or sp would conflict with ANYWAY I ve really put myself out there front and center as a quot computer guy quot even if it s just protecting against spyware But now my Windows Pro sp will not start It s partitioned where there job Cannot Urgent my Load work blames needed rep!! to and help Windows...and save ME! are two choices for loading up my Windows Professional OS The first gives the error message Disk I O Error Status Windows cannot start because the following files are missing or corrupt winnt system config Cannot Load Windows...and work blames ME! Urgent help needed to save my job and rep!! system The second gives this Disk I O Error Status Windows cannot start because Cannot Load Windows...and work blames ME! Urgent help needed to save my job and rep!! the following files are missing or corrupt system ntoskrnl exe I think the second message just has something to do with the boot ini pointing to the wrong partition does that sound right I cannot get into a command prompt or safe mode or anything so I cannot edit boot ini or check and see if ntoskrnl exe is really missing or not I cannot get into dos I cannot do anything When I put in Windows disk to do a repair I m prompted for an Emergency Repair Disk I have not made one since I started this job so I made one with someone else s computer Put it in and it tells me that my hard drive is corrupted after about half an hour of quot checking disk quot What if anything can I do Is there any chance I won t have to reinstall Windows Most importantly can someone put my mind at ease and say there is nothing I could have done wrong to cause this Can someone please tell me that this is a random hardware problem I had no control over That the adware programs I installed the reputable ones SpywareBlaster AdAware Spybot SpywareGuard CWShredder HiJakThis had NOTHING to do with this Please help as soon as possible Thanks nbsp

A:Cannot Load Windows...and work blames ME! Urgent help needed to save my job and rep!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-load-windows-and-work-blames-me-urgent-help-needed-to-save-my-job-and-rep.300386/
Relevancy 46.44%

So this may not be the right home for my topic but it is pretty weird All my life and a support upgrade not Smart $25 me windows out key is update I FTP of am and and my here to Kick if blames wrong! suggest excepting it's considerably longish I have never had Kick me out of here if I am wrong! Smart FTP is not excepting my key and support blames windows update and suggest a $25 to upgrade a software that stopped being my property just because I had new windows updates So the app is working fine it's just saying this is not an activated software so activate or buy it the trial period is over nbsp When Kick me out of here if I am wrong! Smart FTP is not excepting my key and support blames windows update and suggest a $25 to upgrade you try to activate the software it says wrong key Yet on the site in customer area my licence key is written right on top of the page They were very helpful suggesting to sell me a one year technical service program so that I can upgrade to next versions nbsp The first mail came saying quot Did you update windows recently quot I said yes All of'em quot Ooo that windows update people they must have changed something nbsp They said Mails were coming back like bullets I've never had a replay that fast in my life Well maybe he was being extra nice I dunno But then as soon as I wrote back that you know what ever any sane person would have told them Unlock my property that you have sold me It' not even a malfunction issue due to windows update It's your program saying quot BUY ME quot Again Any sprinkled shed of light towards what do I need Kick me out of here if I am wrong! Smart FTP is not excepting my key and support blames windows update and suggest a $25 to upgrade to do would be immensely appreciated even if it is with a cold glass of water Windows Bit

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ad3a5320-1a98-448b-9868-42fba609622b/kick-me-out-of-here-if-i-am-wrong-smart-ftp-is-not-excepting-my-key-and-support-blames-windows?forum=w8itproappcompat
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi guys I encountered BSOD for the first time Very annoying Right now I have to run this on Safe Mode in order to access the internet I also noticed I can't use BSOD, reboots Windows, then to gets BSOD trying then start to desktop Firefox right now and instead am using iE I couldn't run the the performance scan report either time out but I did attach the dump file rar But here's what I have any direction is appreciated When I get a BSOD trying to start Windows, gets to desktop then BSOD, then reboots chance I'll at least back up my files to my external HD while in Safe Mode which seems stable enough so far Sony Vaio VGN-NW J Windows Home Premium v -bit I think I had to install it but it came with my purchase Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz GHz Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode e BSOD trying to start Windows, gets to desktop then BSOD, then reboots BCP FFFFFFFFC BCP FFFFF B BCP BCP FFFFFA OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Chetan AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt

A:BSOD trying to start Windows, gets to desktop then BSOD, then reboots

Since these just started, have you tried System Restore ?
Use Advanced Boot Options to select Repair Your Computer.

Using the System Recovery Options, select System Restore.

Run through the steps in OPTION TWO of System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/224490-bsod-trying-start-windows-gets-desktop-then-bsod-then-reboots.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I keep getting BSODs when I play games for a short while At first I thought when BSOD says ntoskrnl.exe games. BSOD BlueScreenView caused playing it was a bad installation of Windows BSOD when playing games. BlueScreenView says ntoskrnl.exe caused BSOD so I did a clean format full of my SSD and a clean install of Windows Ultimate x Installation failed quite a few times before finally succeeding Tried another copy of Windows same install failures I finally finished reinstalling Windows on my PC I suspected the RAM to be at fault so I ran MemTest and found a ton of errors Upon closer inspection of the BIOS settings I found that my board was clocking my ram in Auto mode at mhz instead of the factory mhz Corsair Vengeance LP DDR CAS on Asus Sabertooth Z I updated my BIOS to the latest as of this posting and I still have to manually set the memory frequencies for it to run at mhz Everything seemed fine for a few hours running prime I supposed my PC was fine now after that clean install of Windows but a few minutes into playing Battlefield I BSOD I am no pro at reading dump files and I was hoping someone could help me isolate the sources of my BSODs I've attached the minidump files for each BSOD below Thanks

A:BSOD when playing games. BlueScreenView says ntoskrnl.exe caused BSOD

My system specs are:

Intel Core i7-3770
Asus Sabertooth Z77
Corsair Vengeance Low Profile DDR3 @1600mhz CAS9
Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB SSD (boot, Battlefield 3, Microsoft Office)
Asus DirectCUII GTX 670
Thermaltake Toughpower 1200 watt
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
Cyborg RAT7 Mouse

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/240280-bsod-when-playing-games-bluescreenview-says-ntoskrnl-exe-caused-bsod.html
Relevancy 45.58%

ntoskrnl.exe+18c453
Funny thing is that i have router and bsod happens parallel(not always) on both computers
///
please help

A:BSOD while browsing/downloading torrents hal.dll+12a3b bsod/ntoskrnl

Hi,
Unfortunately the installation is counterfeit.
The Key is that of a Dell OEM computer - and the motherboard is a retail one by Asus.

The best course of action is to:Purchase a legitimate Windows 7 licence.
Format the HDD.
Reinstall Windows and activate.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/304027-bsod-while-browsing-downloading-torrents-hal-dll-12a3b-bsod-ntoskrnl.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Well didn't think i would be having any more issues pc been running fine since i fixed bad memory issues now all of a sudden i start getting this error ntoskrnl.exe+811b3 or that's all i can understand from log please if some 1 could take a look at my logs and help i would appreciate it i have stress tested my pc for a few hours after recovering last time and all seemed fine TIA

A:BSOD related to ntoskrnl.exe+811b3 after recovering from BSOD

Can i ask you to download this, http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

Once downloaded please copy and past the information on here

This will help me analyze your problem further

I look forward to helping you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/346328-bsod-related-ntoskrnl-exe-811b3-after-recovering-bsod.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello,
first thing: this is not my pc, so I have experienced just 1 of this bsod (chronologically the last one: this pc had 2 cd/dvd reader, 1 working and 1 not working, to do some tests, I disconnected the working one, at first start the broken one has worked but it gave me that BSOD).

Another info: after the 30/11 an external graphic card was installed (don't know which driver/version).

All the older BSOD (before the 21/01/2015) was not caused by me. I ask you, gently, to have a look at this dumps and help me to find the problem/s. Thank you

A:BSOD differents bsod ntoskrnl.exe in many months

Hello,
some days ago a friend took me his pc because he had got many BSOD (I posted yesterday about that with no luck), many of this BSOD are happened after I have installed in that pc an ATI HD 3650 PCI.

First test group on this machine (Acer T650-99TZ):
prime95: rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4 (after 2 minutes)
memtest86: many errors whit 2 stick of ram, 0 errors when testing the sticks singularly
Furmark: test passed with no errors (30 minutes)
hdtune: no errors

Second test group on second identical machine (Acer T650-99TZ + hdd, ram and gpu from the first machine)
prime95: rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4 (after 2 minutes)
memtest86: many errors whit 2 stick of ram, 0 error when testing the sticks singularly

Third test group on second and first machine (same hw except for the gpu: here I took out the HD 3650 and used the integrated gpu)
prime95: no errors (in 8 hours)
memtest86: no errors (100% passed)

Ram: 2x1gb 1Rx8 PC2-5300U 555-12 hymp112u64cp8-y5
CPU: Pentium 4 524
Obviously no overclock was made on this pc.
Obviously gpu drivers are up-to-date.

Now i'm trying to donwngrade the drivers of the GPU but I think this won't work, since the problem appear to be an incompatibility between the HD 3650 and the other hw.

Can anyone help me to solve this problem? Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/360195-bsod-differents-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-many-months.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a Dell 1764 laptop, about 2years old, this month, got a new hard-drive with win7 preinstalled about a year and a half ago, from Dell.
Window 7 Home Premium x64.
added files.

A:BSOD, apx. every hour or so i BSOD, svchost/ntoskrnl + others

it will be 2yrs old this month*

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/213216-bsod-apx-every-hour-so-i-bsod-svchost-ntoskrnl-others.html
Relevancy 43.86%

My desktop PC has crashed and i have no remedy I have not knowingly installed any new drivers hardware or software and have no idea what s changed I tried a system restore as far back as i could go but this has not remedied the issue It s a bit ACER with GB RAM still in factory configuration i have been running IOLO System Mechanic for -bit systems as well as running AVG in parallel after a coworker got a virus while running just the IOLO AV software I can boot in safe sec 60 reboots of within Help! BSoD mode but when I try to reboot i keep getting the same crash Here s the details i was able to obtain while in safe mode Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information Help! BSoD within 60 sec of reboots about the problem BCCode f BCP BCP BCP F BCP FFFFF C ADE OS Help! BSoD within 60 sec of reboots Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp C Users Melissa AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml I have done a web search but the last code does not show up anywhere I am at a complete loss here Please help nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

I have just done a clean install of W7 AS my stem was crashing 'at will' showing a variety of indications. However, although the BSOD's are now less regular, I am still having problems which are causing BSOD's.
Attached are the latest 3 minidumps and each reference ntoskrnl.exe as being the driver causing the failure. Using Nirsoft Blue Screen viewer.
I have run scannow and memtest( for multiple passes and seems fine).
Would really appreciate any help!!!!!

A:Various BSOD reboots

Hello !! Welcome to SF !!

I believe it the Memory that has created the problem. Build-in Memory Test is no longer recommend. Follow this Link and run a Hardware Diagnostic Hardware Diagnostic !! ? Captain Debugger

Update the Following Drivers

Code:
ASACPI.sys Mon Mar 28 08:00:36 2005
PxHlpa64.sys Sat Feb 03 02:54:22 2007
nvm62x64.sys Sat Oct 18 02:31:06 2008
adfs.SYS Fri Jun 27 02:22:37 2008
Check this for help in updating Drivers: Drivers and Downloads

ASACPI.sys is notorious for BSOD. It belongs Asus Utility. I would recommend to uninstall all the Asus Utilities from the Computer. Then go to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers and rename ASACPI.sys to ASACPI.bak

Hope this helps,
Captain

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/96246-various-bsod-reboots.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Started getting BSOD and random reboots after receiving the Falcon Northwest case and Motherboard/cpu combo from a friend and setting the rest of it up with Win 7 beta and hardware. Crashed the 2nd day I had it and every day since. Tried different drivers for all hardware, and overheating isnt a concern with the 6 case fans, new cpu fan running it at normal temps, as well as the video card within normal ranges.

Unable to read the .dmp log and figured i'd come here for help. Much thanks in advance for any help possible.

A:BSOD and Reboots

Apparently NTFS.SYS tripped DEP by attempting to write to a read-only (code) page. If it's caused by software, the most likely explanation is bad data being fed into NTFS by some type of attached driver (anti-virus being the usual culprit), or fairly severe file system metadata corruption. Suggestions:

1) Update or remove (as a test) your AV solution.
2) Full CHKDSK /R on all NTFS partitions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/28421-bsod-reboots.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi- I ve been having multiple BSOD problems over the past few weeks Most of them have happened when I ve been away from the computer so I come back to find it s reboots BSOD rebooted This is a month old system Here are the logs from BlueScreenView There seem to be multiple issues involved Can anyone help fix the BSOD reboots problem s Dump File - - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Bug Check Code x e Parameter ffffffff c Parameter fffff af d Parameter fffff ae Parameter fffff ae ed Caused By Driver EX SYS Caused By Address EX SYS ac b File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe a d Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time AM Bug Check String MEMORY MANAGEMENT Bug Check Code x a Parameter Parameter fffffa f Parameter ffff Parameter Caused By Driver Ntfs sys Caused By Address Ntfs sys a File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe f c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION Bug Check Code x b Parameter c Parameter fffff a ae Parameter fffff e a Parameter Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe f c File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe f c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String MEMORY MANAGEMENT Bug Check Code x a Parameter Parameter fffffa f Parameter ffff Parameter Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe f c File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe f c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION Bug Check Code x b Parameter c Parameter fffff cb c Parameter fffff e e Parameter Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe f c File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe f c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time AM Bug Check String MEMORY MANAGEMENT Bug Check Code x a Parameter Parameter fffff fc a Parameter e Parameter Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe f c File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe f c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String BAD POOL HEADER Bug Check Code x Parameter Parameter fffff a d b Parameter ffffffff ffffffff Parameter Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe f c File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe f c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Mino... Read more

A:BSOD reboots

I suspect Norton/Symantec security software to be the cause of the problem:Caused By Driver : EX64.SYS ... Norton Anti-VirusCaused By Driver : SRTSP64.SYS ... Symantec Real Time Storage ProtectionUn-install the Norton/Symantec product and then download/run the Nortons Removal Tool. Restart the system afterward.If you wish/need an alternative antivirus for the time being or for the long term, try one of the following free applications:MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials)Aviraavast!AVG Free
(Choose to download either the 32-bit or 64-bit application, depending on whether Windows on your system is 32-bit or 64-bit.)Ensure that the Windows firewall is enabled.=======================================================If you still have problems after doing that ... Let's collect some more information: I'll have a look at it and help you try to resolve the problem. Please follow the instructions: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions - Windows 8, 7 & Vista(Note: When you run BSOD_Windows7_Vista_v2.64_jcgriff2_.exe, it will also run autoruns.exe ... and both need to be in the Documents folder!)... with one exception to the following line under Step 4:"Create a new thread HERE and attach the file(s)."The BC forums will allow a total attachment size of only 512 kb (and what you need to attach will exceed this limit).Please upload the zip file to a file sharing website of your choice and and post a link to it in this thread so that we can access your uploaded zip file.See the suggestions in the following links for recommendations on file sharing websites:http://lifehacker.com/388284/best-online-file-sharing-serviceshttp://www.hongkiat.com/blog/15-great-free-online-file-sharing-alternatives/http://www.smashingapps.com/2008/08/28/5-best-free-file-hosting-services-to-store-your-files.html

I can recommend Please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy, and post a link to it in this thread.It is a convenient and accurate way of providing us with details of your computer specifications. Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes:
List Installed ProgramsClick Go.
When the scan is finished, a text file will open in a Notepad window.Copy the entire contents of the Notepad window, and paste in your reply.
(Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/459136/bsod-reboots/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi I am trying to diagnose and reboots BSOD and fix an issue BSOD and reboots with a desktop computer for a friend of mine I have never had so much BSOD and reboots difficulty until now this thing has me stumped It's a HP Pavilion Slimline s - z running Windows It would continuously reboot no matter what I did I even went and unchecked the option for Automatically restart under the System failure section in Startup And Recovery without success I was also getting BSOD and reboots a beep error so I replaced the MB battery which fixed that Then I was getting a quot BAD POOL HEADER quot error I ran diagnostics on the memory MB graphics card etc and all the tests came back as OK So I decided to format it I first formatted it using the recovery partition that HP provides I then formatted it using a bloatware free Windows iso BOTH methods didn't provide a fix as it's still having issues This is very frustrating and I am hoping that someone here can look at the zip file I attached and figure the problem out I would greatly appreciate that Thank you

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/382955-bsod-reboots.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Been getting BSOD and Reboots can anyone help ?

windows 7 32 bit

included minidumps.

Relevancy 43.86%

I've attached the Minidump file. Can anyone help?

I don't seem to be doing anything in general when it happens. Sometimes when I get up in the morning it has rebooted and yesterday and today it did it, once while I was looking at Safari (evaluating it, not all that hot, by the way...) and today while I was looking at some files in Explorer. None seem related. The "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck" error is in the logs.

Thanks!

A:BSOD & Reboots

Hi.

Way too many old drivers. Clean install recommended instead of the upgrade you did.

Problem solved.

These should all be 2009 versions or at least all minus one or two:

Code:
80bb9000 80bc1000 kdcom kdcom.dll Mon Jul 13 21:08:58 2009 (4A5BDAAA)
82600000 82604bc0 DLAOPIOM DLAOPIOM.SYS Thu Oct 26 19:20:03 2006 (454142A3)
82606000 827ff000 VX6000Xp VX6000Xp.sys Mon Apr 27 21:48:28 2009 (49F6606C)
827ff000 827ff9c0 DLADResM DLADResM.SYS Thu Oct 26 19:20:51 2006 (454142D3)
82e01000 82e38000 hal halmacpi.dll Mon Jul 13 19:11:03 2009 (4A5BBF07)
82e38000 83248000 nt ntkrpamp.exe Mon Jul 13 19:15:19 2009 (4A5BC007)
8b200000 8b21a000 WudfPf WudfPf.sys Mon Jul 13 19:50:13 2009 (4A5BC835)
8b21a000 8b292000 mcupdate mcupdate.dll Mon Jul 13 21:06:41 2009 (4A5BDA21)
8b292000 8b2a3000 PSHED PSHED.dll Mon Jul 13 21:09:36 2009 (4A5BDAD0)
8b2a3000 8b2ab000 BOOTVID BOOTVID.dll Mon Jul 13 21:04:34 2009 (4A5BD9A2)
8b2ab000 8b2ed000 CLFS CLFS.SYS Mon Jul 13 19:11:10 2009 (4A5BBF0E)
8b2ed000 8b398000 CI CI.dll Mon Jul 13 21:09:28 2009 (4A5BDAC8)
8b398000 8b3f2000 afd afd.sys Mon Jul 13 19:12:34 2009 (4A5BBF62)
8b400000 8b417d60 DLAIFS_M DLAIFS_M.SYS Thu Oct 26 19:18:31 2006 (45414247)
8b427000 8b498000 Wdf01000 Wdf01000.sys Mon Jul 13 19:11:36 2009 (4A5BBF28)
8b498000 8b4a6000 WDFLDR WDFLDR.SYS Mon Jul 13 19:11:25 2009 (4A5BBF1D)
8b4a6000 8b4ee000 ACPI ACPI.sys Mon Jul 13 19:11:11 2009 (4A5BBF0F)
8b4ee000 8b4f7000 WMILIB WMILIB.SYS Mon Jul 13 19:11:22 2009 (4A5BBF1A)
8b4f7000 8b4ff000 msisadrv msisadrv.sys Mon Jul 13 19:11:09 2009 (4A5BBF0D)
8b4ff000 8b529000 pci pci.sys Mon Jul 13 19:11:16 2009 (4A5BBF14)
8b529000 8b534000 vdrvroot vdrvroot.sys Mon Jul 13 19:46:19 2009 (4A5BC74B)
8b534000 8b545000 partmgr partmgr.sys Mon Jul 13 19:11:35 2009 (4A5BBF27)
8b545000 8b555000 volmgr volmgr.sys Mon Jul 13 19:11:25 2009 (4A5BBF1D)
8b555000 8b5a0000 volmgrx volmgrx.sys Mon Jul 13 19:11:41 2009 (4A5BBF2D)
8b5a0000 8b5a8000 compbatt compbatt.sys Mon Jul 13 19:19:18 2009 (4A5BC0F6)
8b5a8000 8b5b3000 BATTC BATTC.SYS Mon Jul 13 19:19:15 2009 (4A5BC0F3)
8b5b3000 8b5c9000 mountmgr mountmgr.sys Mon Jul 13 19:11:27 2009 (4A5BBF1F)
8b5c9000 8b5defe0 DRVMCDB DRVMCDB.SYS Fri Jul 21 14:20:31 2006 (44C11AEF)
8b5df000 8b5fa000 luafv luafv.sys Mon Jul 13 19:15:44 2009 (4A5BC020)
8b600000 8b611000 fileinfo fileinfo.sys Mon Jul 13 19:21:51 2009 (4A5BC18F)
8b611000 8b619de0 PxHelp20 PxHelp20.sys Wed Jun 20 18:26:00 2007 (4679A978)
8b61a000 8b621800 LMouFilt LMouFilt.Sys Wed Jun 17 12:49:08 2009 (4A391E84)
8b622000 8b6fd000 iaStorV iaStorV.sys Wed Apr 08 12:54:58 2009 (49DCD6E2)
8b6fd000 8b7b5000 iaStor iaStor.sys Fri Sep 29 14:59:57 2006 (451D6D2D)
8b7b5000 8b7be000 amdxata amdxata.sys Tue May 19 13:57:35 2009 (4A12F30F)
8b7be000 8b7f2000 fltmgr fltmgr.sys Mon Jul 13 19:11:13 2009 (4A5BBF11)
8b7f2000 8b7fc600 DRVNDDM DRVNDDM.SYS Fri Feb 09 15:33:42 2007 (45CCDAA6)
8b800000 8b809000 Fs_Rec Fs_Rec.sys Mon Jul 13 19:11:14 2009 (4A5BBF12)
8b809000 8b817b00 xusb21 xusb21.sys Thu Aug 13 18:09:56 2009 (4A848F34)
8b818000 8b81f080 LHidFilt LHidFilt.Sys Wed Jun 17 12:49:04 2009 (4A391E80)
8b827000 8b956000 Ntfs Ntfs.sys Mon Jul 13 19:12:05 2009 (4A5BBF45)
8b956000 8b981000 msrpc msrpc.sys Mon Jul 13 19:11:59 2009 (4A5BBF3F)
8b981000 8b994000 ksecdd ksecdd.sys Mon Jul 13 19:11:56 2009 (4A5BBF3C)
8b994000 8b9f1000 cng cng.sys Mon Jul 13 19:32:55 2009 (4A5BC427)
8b9f1000 8b9ff000 pcw pcw.sys Mon Jul 13 19:11:10 2009 (4A5BBF0E)
8ba00000 8ba17000 raspptp raspptp.sys Mon Jul 13 19:54:47 2009 (4A5BC947)
8ba17000 8ba2e000 rassstp rassstp.sys Mon Jul 13 19:54:57 2009 (4A5BC951)
8ba31000 8bae8000 ndis ndis.sys Mon Jul 13 19:12:24 2009 (4A5BBF58)
8bae8000 8bb26000 NETIO NETIO.SYS Mon Jul 13 19:12:35 2009 (4... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/42360-bsod-reboots.html
Relevancy 43.86%

When my roommate asked me to help fix her computer I said sure That was four months ago To this day I regret this decision for this computer is possessed I think I should take it to the lake and quot exorcise the demons Help reboots, XP Win BSOD, Please! quot My latest and currently most serious problem is this The computer has started to shut itself down and go into a continuous reboot cycle On the hard drive we originally had XP Home installed but ran into some virus and these random shutdowns once every other day or so I cleaned off the virus and decided to install XP Pro SP after backing up and fully formatting the disk Once I reinstalled which I received no errors while doing we still had the random shutdowns only happening more frequently now At home one day I find out the computer had totally crashed courtesy of my roommate who thought the files in WinXp System were just junk taking up space so I reformatted the drive once and did full install of Slackware Linux After it installed I reformatted again then partitioned into sections Installed Red Hat on first XP Home on second Again no errors during install Now we re getting the random restarts about times a day When cold booting the system it will reset about times before getting into Windows then once or twice after Windows has been running for a few minutes When I tried booting into Safe Mode or Last Known Good Config the comp freezes up and I have to force reboot I turned off the auto-restart option in XP now Win XP reboots, BSOD, Help Please! finally getting a couple BSODs to tell me what s going on Have gotten a couple different versions listed below Any ideas to help would be greatly appreciated Things Win XP reboots, BSOD, Help Please! I m working on Already cleared refreshed the CMOS Haven t updated to latest version vid card driver but will tonight Haven t run Memtest yet but will tonight Haven t yet tried changing memory speed from quot Optimal quot to quot Sync quot as seen on previous forum post but will tonight if mobo has function Haven t swapped out any parts yet but plan to try memory and vid card swap tonight Will probably be getting new memory and better i e not complete piece of crap power supply ASRock MoboStar X Intel Celeron Ghz Stock Intel fan generic aluminum heatsink SimpleTech MB DRR Nvidia GeForce FX MB Western Digital GB WD BB- CAA Samsung SM- B CDRW DVD MSI email protected tuner capture card ATX case with fan on side window Okia- ATX W max power supply Red Hat Win XP Home SP primary OS Misc cooling info pulled from BIOS CPU fan running - RPM CPU temp - C Mobo temp - C BSOD x E PCI SYS - ADDRESS F FA BASE AT F DATESTAMP D DD A BSOD X PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA BEGIN MEMORY DUMP nbsp

A:Win XP reboots, BSOD, Help Please!

first I would suggest you test the ram, many cases of memory problem causes the symptoms your experiencing. also, take out any extra pci cards and see if that helps. also, run some harddrive test and see if there are any bad sectors.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-reboots-bsod-help-please.321637/
Relevancy 43.86%

I was getting bsod with trend micro firewall. Changed to trial version of ZA v
7.0.408.000 and know it reboots while playing games. Dell crash analysis says vsdatant.sys. I am running wxp media center sp2 3 gigs of ram and pentium d 2.8. I have 15 day trial version of za. Any help appreciated.

A:Reboots and BSOD

check my sticky in the "windows OS" forum. i have a guide posted that will help you troubleshoot stop errors. perhaps it'll help you find the exact root of the problem and pose a solution.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reboots-and-bsod.92094/
Relevancy 43.86%

hey i got a computer spec are:
cpu: amd athlon 64 x2 4600
ram: pc2-6400 1gb x 2
gfx: geforce 9800GT 1gb ddr3
hdd: wdc wd3200ks-oop
cd drive: HL-DT-stDVD-ram
power S: Enermax Liberty 620w

(some of these parts are new)

when i try installing windows 7 34bit ult. it will sometimes freezes @ the "Starting windows logo" or BSOD right after that part

if lucky, it will boot until it expands files, then randomly says "bootmsr is missing" press "ctrl+alt+del to reboot"

what is going on? what is causing this problem? also is there a fix?

A:BSOD Or reboots?

Your specs seem fine for an install.
Which components are new? These may be suspect.
You could boot up with Hiren and test hd, video, etc
Hiren's BootCD 11.0 - www.hiren.info

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/106324-bsod-reboots.html
Relevancy 43.86%

When my roommate asked me to help fix her computer I said sure That was four months ago To this day I regret this decision for this computer is possessed I think I should take it to the lake and quot exorcise the demons quot My latest and currently most serious problem is this The computer has started to shut itself down and go into a continuous reboot cycle On the hard drive we originally had XP Home installed but ran into some virus and these random shutdowns once every other day or so I cleaned off the virus and decided to install XP Pro SP after backing up and fully formatting the disk Once I reinstalled which I received no errors while doing we still had the random shutdowns only happening more frequently now At home one day I find out the computer had totally crashed courtesy of my roommate who thought the files in WinXp System were just junk taking up space so I reformatted the drive once and did full install of Slackware Linux After it installed I reformatted again then partitioned into sections Installed Red Hat on first XP Home on second Again no errors during install Now we re getting the random restarts about times a day When cold booting the system it will reset about XP BSOD, Win Help Please! reboots, times before getting into Windows then once or twice after Windows has been running for a few minutes When I tried booting into Safe Mode or Last Known Good Config the comp freezes up and I have to force reboot I turned off the auto-restart option in XP now finally getting a couple BSODs to tell me what s going on Have gotten a couple different versions listed Win XP reboots, BSOD, Help Please! below Any ideas to help would be greatly appreciated Things I m working on Already cleared refreshed the CMOS Haven t updated to latest version vid card driver but will tonight Haven t run Memtest yet but will tonight Haven t yet tried changing memory speed from quot Optimal quot to quot Sync quot as seen on previous forum post but will tonight if Win XP reboots, BSOD, Help Please! mobo has function Haven t swapped out any parts yet but plan to try memory and vid card swap tonight Will probably be getting new memory and better i e not complete piece of crap power supply ASRock MoboStar X Intel Win XP reboots, BSOD, Help Please! Celeron Ghz Stock Intel fan generic aluminum heatsink SimpleTech MB DRR Nvidia GeForce FX MB Western Digital GB WD BB- CAA Samsung SM- B CDRW DVD MSI email protected tuner capture card ATX case with fan on side window Okia- ATX W max power supply Red Hat Win XP Home SP primary OS Misc cooling info pulled from BIOS CPU fan running - RPM CPU temp - C Mobo temp - C BSOD x E PCI SYS - ADDRESS F FA BASE AT F DATESTAMP D DD A BSOD X PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA BEGIN MEMORY DUMP nbsp

A:Win XP reboots, BSOD, Help Please!

KonaKenny7 said:
BSOD #1
0x0000007E
PCI.SYS - ADDRESS F853FA97 BASE AT F8535000, DATESTAMP 3D6DD6A6

Try this link for more information:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330182

KonaKenny7 said:
BSOD #2
0X00000050
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, BEGIN MEMORY DUMP

A 0x50 BSOD STOP error can mean many different things. I have generally found however that it comes back to two majors things: Faulty RAM and software drivers causing the problem. The following example may have nothing to do with your problem but it does go to show that some of the articles you read about this error do not apply to you.

I updated my graphics card drivers to the latest version (66.93) and started playing Half Life 2 again. Once it loaded a level, it would dump me out to a BSOD - 0x00000050 ... I rolled back the drivers to the earlier version (53.03) and it worked fine again.

Please take a look at the following links for help with this error:

http://kadaitcha.cx/0x50_error.html

Maybe helpful
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329293

And this one
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/...Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prmd_stp_ccgm.asp

Good Luck! BSOD's still remain the most annoying errors within the Windows world.

Sadan01

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-reboots-bsod-help-please.321639/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi guys, this problem is killing me, I am hoping to finish this post before another reboot.

About a month ago my computer started restarting randomly and bsod at other times. Thought it was the memory, replaced it, thought it was cooling, totally blew out my system and reapplied thermal paste to the cpu as well.

Reinstalled windows and initially it used to crash/hang/reboot during the windows installation. Till one day it just "allowed" me to install windows.

I even had removed everything till my system was barebone at one point ... harddrive mobo ram cpu and display.

Running ...
windows 7 ultimate x64
evga 680i sli
qx 6700 not oc
4GB (2x2GB) Ballistix DIMM Memory Kit
1x1gb CORSAIR XMS2 DOMINATOR
8800gtx
soundblaster fatality pro gamer

manually went to the vendor site and updated all the drivers to current and still the same problem

Thanks in advance guys.

A:Random reboots with no BSOD and some few with BSOD

Quote: Originally Posted by BuddyLee

Hi guys, this problem is killing me, I am hoping to finish this post before another reboot.

About a month ago my computer started restarting randomly and bsod at other times. Thought it was the memory, replaced it, thought it was cooling, totally blew out my system and reapplied thermal paste to the cpu as well.

Reinstalled windows and initially it used to crash/hang/reboot during the windows installation. Till one day it just "allowed" me to install windows.

I even had removed everything till my system was barebone at one point ... harddrive mobo ram cpu and display.

Running ...
windows 7 ultimate x64
evga 680i sli
qx 6700 not oc
4GB (2x2GB) Ballistix DIMM Memory Kit
1x1gb CORSAIR XMS2 DOMINATOR
8800gtx
soundblaster fatality pro gamer
manually went to the vendor site and updated all the drivers to current and still the same problem
Thanks in advance guys.

This one was probably caused by sptd.sys
Please remove any CD virtualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%.

They use a driver, found in your dmp,sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs.

Use this SPTD uninstaller DuplexSecure - Downloads

when you're done you can use this Freeware MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM(MagicDisc) in its place.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/153413-random-reboots-no-bsod-some-few-bsod.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,

I need help with my laptop randomly rebooting with or without the BSOD. I hope I have followed the steps outlined... Thank you in advance for your assistance.

- Windows 7 Ultimate x64
- the original installed OS on the system is win xp
- full retail version

- What is the age of system (hardware)? 5 years
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) 2 weeks

A:BSOD and reboots w/o BSOD randomly

please help, am I doing something wrong with the attached file?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/241777-bsod-reboots-w-o-bsod-randomly.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I installed Windows Pro on a GB Samsung SSD EVO The PC ran ok and I could play TitanFall without any BSOD Reboots 8.1 Pro Windows and problems however I experienced frequent BSOD's when shutting down the PC When this happened the BSOD would appear and the machine froze When running driver verifier the BSOD's would occur more frequently and the machine rebooted randomly Windbg indicated different causes which included atikmpag sys and files relating to ASUS software which came with the ASUS Windows 8.1 Pro BSOD and Reboots motherboard After removing and reinstalling software and video drivers I installed Windows Pro Windows 8.1 Pro BSOD and Reboots and nothing else to a new SSD and all was ok again until running driver Windows 8.1 Pro BSOD and Reboots verifier Windbg indicated atikmpag sys was a cause I then removed all AMD video drivers including Catalyst Control Centre which Windows had installed automatically Microsoft Basic Display Adapter replaced the AMD drivers To prevent Windows from re-installing AMD drivers I disabled auto update The system had been running with driver verifier enabled longer than previously without issues until I experienced another BSOD Windbg indicated the crash was caused by ntkrnlmp exe nt IopProcessWorkItem I have also tested my Windows installation on a HDD to rule out an SSD related cause but still experienced a BSOD Could this be caused by an incorrect BIOS setting My System ASUS Z Deluxe Intel i - K CPU GHz GB Samsung SSD EVO WD TB quot SATA-III Caviar Black Hard Drive ASUS R -DC OC- GD Creative Sound Blaster Zx GB RAM

A:Windows 8.1 Pro BSOD and Reboots

Sorry for the delay in responding. There just aren't that many people who do BSOD analysis, so at times we get a bit overwhelmed!

Do your still need help with this problem?
I will be notified if you reply to this topic and will respond within 48 hours.

Driver Verifier is only good as a diagnostic tool if the errors are being caused by drivers that are stressed by the Driver Verifier tests. If you run Driver Verifier on a system with hardware problems, you'll get verifier enabled memory dumps, but the drivers blamed won't actually be at fault.

Assuming that there are no 3rd party causes here, then BSOD's on 2 different Windows installations are suggestive of a hardware problem. We must check the 3rd party drivers first (and I've seen BSOD problems with drivers from Creative Sound Blaster cards).

If the BSOD blames ntoskrnl.exe, it's likely not the cause. Rather it's that something has corrupted ntoskrnl.exe or it's memory space - which in turn causes the system to panic and crash. ntoskrnl.exe is the kernel (core) of the operating system. If it was to blame, you'd be seeing many more problems other than just the occasional BSOD.

Start with these free diagnostics: Hardware Diagnostics

Please provide this information so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum): Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions Please use Option 1 as it provides Event Viewer logs.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/47915-windows-8-1-pro-bsod-reboots.html
Relevancy 43.43%

For the past two week my computer has been randomly rebooting without a BSOD I looked under critical events in Event Viewer and found Kernel-Power Event ID This happens mostly on the desktop but sometimes when playing games I looked at this Microsoft Support Page and did everything I could under Scenario I reset all overclocks to stock ran Memtest for about hours no errors my PSU has more than enough wattage My computer is plugged into a UPS so it's not losing power from the wall My system is water cooled so it does not get too hot under load I redid my loop months ago so there shouldn't be any problems with the thermal paste since my computer has only been restarting only in the past weeks I'm not sure how to reset the system back to system defaults I No BSOD Reboots Random - updated my motherboards BIOS and as many drivers as I could but there are a lot of Base System Devices with yellow exclamation points that I don't know how to update Here is the XML View lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft Random Reboots - No BSOD com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt Random Reboots - No BSOD lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot Random Reboots - No BSOD ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Bob-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt

A:Random Reboots - No BSOD

Welcome cereal mate I don't see that you have done these so run these first two and then the others for starters and elimination purposes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html

http://www.superantispyware.com/

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

download from bleeping computer ? delete any rubbish these find.

Now for the drivers run HW Info and close the right hand window and then click on the individual devices to give us the detailed info on each item ie network adaptor etc see my pic and you will see I have my RAM opened out for an example

So - HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 - Download < download the correct bit version

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/330961-random-reboots-no-bsod.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I was browsing the web dont think I was visiting anywhere out of the ordinary when my PC reboots constantly BSOD, crashed and gave me the BSOD then BSOD, constantly reboots proceeded to reboot itself No matter what I choose Safe Mode Normal etc it will sometimes get - seconds into the Microsoft loading screen and then BSOD or it will just flash the BSOD less than a second after the loading screen and instantly shutdown and reboot The error at the top of each BSOD seems to be different each time never the same BSOD error After about tries of loading my OS up I managed to get to my desktop maybe twice first time it BSOD and crashed shortly after nd time I managed to stay on a bit longer I use Avast and Firefox No Script Ad Block etc but then again I was just doing normal web browsing no idea what started this Could use some help if you need any particular information just let me know My first time posting a problem normally I can handle these things but this is just ugh -Vista Ultimate -Bit-

A:BSOD, constantly reboots

DG

boot into safe mode (F8 when booting) if it works its probably a driver

could you fill in your system specs (lower left corner of your posts) so we know what hardware you have.

let us know the results

Ken

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/249750-bsod-constantly-reboots.html
Relevancy 43.43%

My system has been randomly crashing since I swapped out my asus p p deluxe mobo for an asus p p E-deluxe mobo I ve run memtest with no errors done viruschecks reseated all pci agp cards to BSOD, random reboots no avail I ve posted the minidump files here last month and all BSOD, random reboots I was told was that it s a hardware related problem I BSOD, random reboots did swap out my Radeon XT for a Geforce GT last month and I got the same errors with both cards In the last week alone I ve got the following crash errors -BAD POOL CALLER -DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL -PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA -nv mini sys -nv disp -Ntfs sys - Address F C base at F DateStamp eea I do have two soundcards in the system as well the Audiophile and the EMU do you think it may have something to do the cards I had both in the old mobo with no crashes so what could be the cause nbsp

A:BSOD, random reboots

probably drivers

chipset drivers? agp fastwrite? etc (search the forums for IQL_NOT_LESS_etc)

nv4*.sys are your nvidia based drivers

sorry for the quick reply without providing more details or info. Kinda in a hurry, must eat (food for the mind) .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-random-reboots.42631/
Relevancy 43.43%

Helo, I'm having little troubles with my MSI u270 netbook model MS-1245. It's brand new, i boght it 2 weeks ago. As i wrote in title it freezes, reboots and i'm getting some BSODs too. It had 6gb of RAM but after testing it with CheckIt Diagnostics it looked like 4gb piece is damaged so i removed it. Now i installed win 7 x86 but situation is still almost the same (maybe BSODs are not so often). I hope you can help me with it couse it really makes me crazy.
My configuration:
AMD e-450 with Radeon hd 6320
Version of motherboard (from Speecy) E1245AMS.10J
About power supply i don't now, but i'm in dormitory in Portugal and nobody else is having probles so guess it is ok.
In attachments you can find reports and dmp files.

A:Various BSOD + freezes + reboots

noone can help me? Or maybe i posted something in a wrong way?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/various-bsod-freezes-reboots-600956.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I've been getting some random reboots over the last few days. Unfortunately, I'm not getting a BSOD to help me figure out what is going on. I recently changed to Windows 10, and just assumed that I hadn't unchecked the option for an automatic reboot upon crashing, but I went in, and the settings carried over from Windows 8.

Event Viewer doesn't show much... just that there was an unexpected reboot.

Any tips on troubleshooting this one?

A:Random reboots without BSOD

Does it happen when you're doing anything in particular?

http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/random-reboots-without-bsod-276313/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi, I'm hoping you can help me out with my BSOD issues. There seems to be no rime or reason for when it reboots. It can reboot 60 seconds after it starts or I can play games on it and do all sorts of things and it won't reboot for hours.

MiniDumps Attached

A:BSOD: Reboots with inconsistancy

Zenosincks said:

Try installing the latest drivers for your devices and testing your RAM with Memtest86.Click to expand...

I have checked and I have the latest drivers for my system and I did all the pre-req steps prior to posting this help request (Which included the memtest86)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-reboots-with-inconsistancy.100765/
Relevancy 43.43%

So I've recently installed Windows Professional and am now getting random computer restarts every so often and the computer will lock up on reboot and restart itself I have resorted to only 'Sleep'ing the computer when I leave because it's too annoying to have to deal with minutes of reboots just to get the computer up and running My User Profile has a spec's BSOD's) Reboots (No Random of my computer the only Random Reboots (No BSOD's) thing changed in the BIOS is Gigabyte has a quot CPU 'Speed' quot setting that allows for Standard Turbo or Extreme and mine is set at Turbo All it does is Random Reboots (No BSOD's) allow the CPU to overclock itself slightly if it is strained a lot and needs a little extra oomph I don't do CPU heavy stuff a lot games internet no rendering or huge mathematical equations or anything Random Reboots (No BSOD's) so I don't think that would have any effect The second thing is my RAM on NewEgg says it is - - - v so i changed the timing in the BIOS to - - - and left the voltage at the factory BIOS setting of v I have USB mouse and keyboard support enabled but other than that everything in my BIOS is factory settings So the problem again is that the computer will lock up when it's booting on the 'Starting Windows' screen always and within - seconds of the exact same point all the time I just took my computer apart dusted it out checked all the connections unseated all the RAM and video card mixed the RAM up and made sure the card was seated well and rechecked all the power and cable connections and the same problem persists I plugged the monitor into the other video card slot as well Video card is in the PCI slot closest to the CPU EDIT This has yet to happen when I have been using the computer it will always happen when I am downstairs playing XBOX other monitor input or AFK somewhere and have been away from the computer or not using it for over minutes which leads me to believe it is something with the system wanting to sleep shutdown something Hard drive is set to never power off monitor is set to power off after minutes I changed my power settings to say 'Don't restart automatically' because I heard that way I can see BSOD's but I've yet to see one and whenever I get this error the computer will automatically restart Event Viewer says my problem is a Kernel-Power error Event Looking through Event Viewer at the 'Criticals' and 'Errors' the only common thing I see is that when the 'Error' tells me what time the 'Critical' occurred there is always a Service Control Manager event with 'The Disk Defragmenter service entered the running state' and seconds later is when the Error said the computer was unexpectedly shut down There are a very few HAL Error's Event ID that say 'The platform firmware has corrupted memory across the previous system power transition Please check for updated firmware for your system ' From the most recent boot log when the computer finally booted tonight Did not load driver SystemRoot System drivers vga sys Did not load driver SystemRoot System Drivers NDProxy SYS Did not load driver SystemRoot System Drivers NDProxy SYS Did not load driver SystemRoot System Drivers NDProxy SYS Did not load driver SystemRoot System Drivers NDProxy SYS Did not load driver SystemRoot System DRIVERS srv sys those were the only things that did not load i've heard that NDProxy is network disagreements between hardware drivers but I've checked the device manager and it says there is nothing wrong and it only shows my wireless card and onboard card I can't find the minidump files anywhere not sure if there is something important I'm supposed to do to get those but I can't I have the latest VGA drivers Windows says it's up to date mouse and keyboard both have drivers wireless card has drivers audio has drivers all the hardware I have is current in drivers downloaded the newest ones when I reformatted a few days ago Any any any any help is appreciated I can provide any information that you need I just don... Read more

A:Random Reboots (No BSOD's)

This tells you everything you need to know.

"Please check for updated firmware for your system."

Minidumps are at C:\Windows\Minidump should you need to upload them for us. Don't worry about that for now.

Go to Gigabyte's site, get latest bios and flash your board. Do not turn off machine no matter what and do not cause any circuit breakers to blow by using high amounts of power in your home, while doing so. If your home has any kind of power problems, shut as much stuff off as you can before you flash.

I found 3 pages of your motherboard.

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/M...3103#anchor_os = Revision 1.6
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/M...2989#anchor_os = Revision 1.0
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/...ProductID=3018 = SLI Model

It is crucial that you choose the one that matches what you have. They all have beta bios available. Choose that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/33255-random-reboots-no-bsods.html
Relevancy 43.43%

This computer is really making me mad. I keep getting the BSOD. It says Memory Management STOP: 0x0000001A ( 0x00000783, 0x8A73FA78, 0xA89C0000, 0xA250030). Also, not sure if it related but my computer does random no clean restarts at times. Sometimes it will be on for 10 minutes then at other times 2 minutes. Completly random.

Booted up in safe mode and safe mode with network and computer seems to act fine. Not sure if I am having a hardware issue or software issue.

Thinking about removing Window 7 and going to Windows Vista.

I purchased this PC on ebay so not sure if problem is from the Window 7 as I do not know how it was acting before the install.

I really need opinions on the matter. Getting so frustated about it.

Thanks

A:BSOD and Random Reboots

Hi,

Welcome to 7 forums.

Need not panic. We are here to help you

* It seems, you are able to run the PC in safe mode. Hence, a recent installation may have caused this issue. You can try uninstalling the recently installed programs. If that doesn't work, you can perform a System Restore:

System Restore

* In addition, you can Run DISK CHECK in the safe mode:

Disk Check

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/52194-bsod-random-reboots.html