Windows Support Forum

Windows update error 80070424 in Windows Update

Q: Windows update error 80070424 in Windows Update

OK I need help I get this message when I try WU. It was working fine the bam all of a sudden error.
windows update error 80070424 in Windows Update

I Googled it but can't seem to find a fix.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows update error 80070424 in Windows Update

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows update error 80070424 in Windows Update

Try this.

Click Start- select run- type: regsvr32 wuaueng.dll press OK
What are the updates you're trying to install?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/1347-windows-update-error-80070424-windows-update.html
Relevancy 82.77%

I am getting this error

A:Windows update error 80070424

Quote: Originally Posted by jigneshdgreat

Hello, and welcome to the Seven Forums!

Can I please ask you to work through the steps, or run the Fix-It here please: Windows Update error 80070424

Thanks a lot!

Richard

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/204222-windows-update-error-80070424-a.html
Relevancy 82.77%

When trying to update Windows Vista Home Premium - service pack 1 - 64 Bit Operating system - 4.0GB Ram -I receive error Code 80070424 windows update encountered an unknown error. I have not been able to resolve this issue, therefore I have not been able to update my pc. Any help to resolve this issue would greatly be appreciated.

A:Error 80070424 - Windows Update

Read below:
Windows Update Error 80070424

If you will have any problem with understanding this tutorial then prepare log from VistaSysInfoTool (select all) VistaForums SysInfo Tool

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/264879-error-80070424-windows-update.html
Relevancy 82.77%

Hey Guys,

I need a little help. Whenever I turn on my laptop i get the windows security error popup thingy saying that automatic updates are switched off. When I try to enable it I get this error: Windows Update encountered an unknown error. The code of the error is 80070424.

I have tried various fixes such as running REGSVR32 %SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32\WUAUENG.DLL and regsvr32.exe wuaueng.dll, but these only last until i restart my laptop.

Please Help Me.

Is There A Permanent Fix???

Thanks a lot

Super_JS

A:Windows Update Error 80070424

Hi super js,

Do you have SP1 installed? And have you manually gone to windows update and tried to install updates?

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/195743-windows-update-error-80070424-a.html
Relevancy 82.77%

Ok My windows update has stopped working.

I had it set to update automatically but it stopped doing that. So i tried to do it manually but whenever I try i get this error.

As you can see it is error 80070424

I have looked this up and have tried to fix it with the method where you go into the Command prompt and reset it but it did not work.

I also tired to uninstall it and reinstall it but i could not locate the program in the Control Panel.

I do not want to use my factory install disks but I might have to reset something.

Any help is apreciated.

Relevancy 82.77%

I tried to correct the problem from services by disabling enabling Background Intelligent Transfer Service,Windows Update,Workstation. But there is no "Windows update" service to start or stop.I dont know what is the problem.Also my automatic updating is turned off and i cant turn it on.Can anyone help me please?

A:Windows Update error 80070424

Originally Posted by kostis19

I tried to correct the problem from services by disabling enabling Background Intelligent Transfer Service,Windows Update,Workstation. But there is no "Windows update" service to start or stop.I dont know what is the problem.Also my automatic updating is turned off and i cant turn it on.Can anyone help me please?

Try this link, follow the instructions through the thread...

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...5f11f70577&p=1

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/249798-windows-update-error-80070424-a.html
Relevancy 82.77%

Hi there,

Windows update giving this error:

Code 80070424 Windows update encountered an unknown error

It worked fine before

I am running avast! anti virus on my Dell Studio 1537, Vista Home Premium 64-bit

I have searched a lot for this but was unable to find a solution

Quick help will be appreciated

Thanks

A:Windows update error 80070424

Originally Posted by taimurdgreat

Hi there,

Windows update giving this error:

Code 80070424 Windows update encountered an unknown error

It worked fine before

I am running avast! anti virus on my Dell Studio 1537, Vista Home Premium 64-bit

I have searched a lot for this but was unable to find a solution

Quick help will be appreciated

Thanks

Hello taimurdgreat, Welcome to the Forum

Have a look here; Windows Update Error 80070424

I hope this helps

Pooch

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/224973-windows-update-error-80070424-a.html
Relevancy 81.84%

PROBLEM - Hey every one I need a little help with my Windows Update On the th of October the update was fine and everything Now when I went 80070424 Code: Error Windows Update to go update on the st it said the th was the LAST day it auto-update on I went quot WTF quot so I decided to manually check for the updates but I did not expect a slap to my face with a smooching red error code screenshot of the error I've Windows Update Error Code: 80070424 tried many solutions but none seems to work at this point my brain has literally crashed due to many fail attempts at trying to find a possible fix for my Windows Update I supposed my moral is decreasing and entering into a Windows Update Error Code: 80070424 pessimistic stage of my PC My OS is Windows Vista Premium bit and no all the programs I currently have were installed before the th but Comodo Internet Security which I uninstalled to check if it was the culprit but it wasn't oh I also checked Comodo Memory Firewall but it wasn't the problem either was on the day that Update failed and gave error code Yes I've also tried to do a system repair AND restore but none of them even worked strangely Made another user account to check if Windows Update works but it returned the same code error Oh and could someone check my HiJackThis log and check my system quot stuff quot Not sure why I'm getting that many files missing errors Please assist me Very much appreciate it and yours truly Veloci SOLUTIONS - REGSVR SYSTEMROOT SYSTEM WUAUENG DLL - confirmation box succeeded but it did not fix my Windows Update problem I've checked to see if my BiTS was correctly configured and everything of the sort and they are correctly configured without my intervention - works but it did not fix my Windows Update problem The BiTs restore tool thing the one that repairs if it's corrupted or something - it said it's not needed currently so I'm assuming my files for Windows Update BiTs aren't damaged in any way regsvr exe wuaueng dll - confirmation box succeeded but it did not fix my Windows Update problem Regsvr QMGR DLL - I'm suspecting this is the cause of my Windows Update not working properly as it returns a confirmation box that it was loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not founded with quot Make sure that quot 'QMGR DLL' quot is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again quot Click on Start - gt Runand paste the command below and enter SYSTEMROOT SYSTEM REGSVR EXE SYSTEMROOT SYSTEM WUAUENG DLL This line use to reregistering WUAUENG DLL in window You are done Launch your windows update again you should be able to perform update now lt -- this solution does not work at all given me errors of a register binary for the REGSVR exe and no association part with WUAUENG DLL windows update error E E - TechNet Forums - the second post by Ronnie Vernon MVP works but it does NOT solve my problem at all either Ran antivirus scans at different times on thorough mode and found nothing Used Malwarebyte's Spyware Terminator Ad-Aware and SUPERANtispyware and found zip That's ALL the solutions I have tried but it still gives me the same blasted error code my last resort for this problem is a reformat which I do not want at all since I have yet to invest in an HD that isn't part of the PC not sure of the correct terminology Well if anyone needs screenshots of the problems I'm getting I'll gladly post them ASTERICKS LEGEND - I used CCleaner to remove registry errors which is unwise I would believe since if I'm not comfortable in editing my register on my own why should a problem do so itself then That's what I asked myself so I have ceased to use CCleaner any longer other than for clearing up cache and stuff like that lol ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I'm also sorry if it's against the TOS or the rules to link to other websites but I have yet to look up the rules except knowing the proper etiquette on all forums Excuse my ignorance This s... Read more

A:Windows Update Error Code: 80070424

Hello Veloci1992f,

You may see if doing a System Restore using a restore point dated before this problem (ex: 10-24-2008) may fix the problem for you.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/190366-windows-update-error-code-80070424-a.html
Relevancy 81.84%

Flavius here is my system info Please advise how I can correct my issue of inability to update Windows Vista Thank you PM Computer Info Logged in user Andrea-PC Andrea Computer Model HP Pavilion dv Notebook PC Computer Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard OS Name Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium C Windows Device Harddisk Partition OS Version System Type x -based PC Total Physical Memory MB Windows Directory C Windows Update Windows Error HELP! PLEASE CODE 80070424 BIOS Version Default System BIOS CPU AMD Turion tm X Dual-Core Mobile RM- Video Card ATI Radeon HD Graphics Resolution x x colors UAC Status UAC is currently enabled Installed Applications BlackBerry Desktop Software - Location C Program Files x Research In Motion BlackBerry Desktop Notifier - Location MobileMe Control Panel - Location Skype web features - Location tooltips - Location Apple Application Support - Location ESSgui - Location staticcr - Location ESSBrwr - Location Adobe AIR - Location c Program Files x PLEASE HELP! Windows Update Error CODE 80070424 Common Files Adobe AIR ESSPDock - Location W Photo Studio - Location C Program Files x Walgreens W Photo Studio Adobe Help Center - Location C Program Files x Adobe Adobe Help Center BlackBerry Media Sync - Location Apple Mobile Device Support - Location C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support ESSPCD - Location VPRINTOL - Location ESScore - Location Garmin Communicator Plugin - Location MSXML SP Parser and SDK - Location SFR - Location ESSini - Location Adobe Reader - Location Spelling Dictionaries Support For Adobe Reader - Location OfotoXMI - Location CCScore - Location essvatgt - Location Safari - Location Microsoft Office Professional Edition - Location C Program Files x Microsoft Office SHASTA - Location iTunes - Location C Program Files x iTunes skin - Location Foxit Editor Toolbar - Location C Program Files x Ask com Skype - Location C Program Files x Skype Acrobat com - Location c program files x adobe Acrobat com netbrdg - Location Adobe Photoshop Elements - Location C Program Files x Adobe Photoshop Elements WIRELESS - Location Bit HP CIO Components Installer - Location SKINXSDK - Location ESSCDBK - Location Adobe Photoshop Elements - Location C Program Files x Adobe Photoshop Elements Garmin USB Drivers - Location QuickTime - Location C Program Files x QuickTime Bonjour - Location C Program Files x Bonjour Java Auto Updater - Location Apple Software Update - Location C Program Files x Apple Software Update Services ------------------------------------------ Name ArcSoft Connect Daemon Path C Program Files x Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe StartMode Auto State Running ------------------------------------------ Name Adobe Active File Monitor V Path C Program Files x Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe StartMode Auto State Running ------------------------------------------ Name Application Experience Path C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs StartMode Auto State Running ------------------------------------------ Name Andrea ST Filters Service Path C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf a f f d AESTSr exe StartMode Auto State Running ------------------------------------------ Name Agere Modem Call Progress Audio Path C Windows system agr svc exe StartMode Auto State Running ------------------------------------------ Name Application Layer Gateway Service Path C Windows System alg exe StartMode Manual State Stopped ------------------------------------------ Name Application Information Path C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs StartMode Manual State Running ------------------------------------------ Name Apple Mobile Device Path quot C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe quot StartMode Auto State Running ------------------------------------------ Name avast iAVS Control Service Path quot C Program Files Avast aswUpdSv exe quot StartMode Auto State Running --------------... Read more

A:PLEASE HELP! Windows Update Error CODE 80070424

I was not there for a long time

From your log

Name: TrustedInstaller
Path:
StartMode: Unknown
State: Stopped

You have corrupted Windows Modules Installer service.Read Scenario III from this tutorial Windows Update Error 80070424

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/277784-please-help-windows-update-error-code-80070424-a.html
Relevancy 81.84%

Flavius here is my system info Please advise how I can correct my issue of inability to update Windows Vista Thank you t-mckee hotmail com PM Computer Info Logged in user Andrea-PC Andrea Computer Model HP Pavilion dv Notebook PC Computer 64-bit Windows 80070424 Error Update CODE Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard OS Name Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium C Windows Device Harddisk Partition OS Version System Type x -based PC Total Physical Memory MB Windows Directory C Windows BIOS Version Default System BIOS CPU AMD Turion tm X Dual-Core Mobile RM- Video Card ATI Radeon HD Graphics Resolution x x colors UAC Status UAC is currently enabled Installed Applications BlackBerry Desktop Software - Location C Program Files x Research In 64-bit Windows Update Error CODE 80070424 Motion BlackBerry Desktop Notifier - Location MobileMe Control Panel - Location Skype web features - Location tooltips - Location Apple Application 64-bit Windows Update Error CODE 80070424 Support - Location ESSgui - Location staticcr - Location ESSBrwr - Location Adobe AIR - Location c Program Files x Common Files Adobe AIR ESSPDock - Location W Photo Studio - Location C Program Files x Walgreens W Photo Studio Adobe Help Center - Location C Program Files x Adobe Adobe Help Center BlackBerry Media Sync - Location Apple Mobile Device Support - Location C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support ESSPCD - Location VPRINTOL - Location ESScore - Location Garmin Communicator Plugin - Location MSXML SP Parser and SDK - Location SFR - Location ESSini - Location Adobe Reader - Location Spelling Dictionaries Support For Adobe Reader - Location OfotoXMI - Location CCScore - Location essvatgt - Location Safari - Location Microsoft Office Professional Edition - Location C Program Files x Microsoft Office SHASTA - Location iTunes - Location C Program Files x iTunes skin - Location Foxit Editor Toolbar - Location C Program Files x Ask com Skype - Location C Program Files x Skype Acrobat com - Location c program files x adobe Acrobat com netbrdg - Location Adobe Photoshop Elements - Location C Program Files x Adobe Photoshop Elements WIRELESS - Location Bit HP CIO Components Installer - Location SKINXSDK - Location ESSCDBK - Location Adobe Photoshop Elements - Location C Program Files x Adobe Photoshop Elements Garmin USB Drivers - Location QuickTime - Location C Program Files x QuickTime Bonjour - Location C Program Files x Bonjour Java Auto Updater - Location Apple Software Update - Location C Program Files x Apple Software Update Services ------------------------------------------ Name ArcSoft Connect Daemon Path C Program Files x Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe StartMode Auto State Running ------------------------------------------ Name Adobe Active File Monitor V Path C Program Files x Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe StartMode Auto State Running ------------------------------------------ Name Application Experience Path C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs StartMode Auto State Running ------------------------------------------ Name Andrea ST Filters Service Path C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf a f f d AESTSr exe StartMode Auto State Running ------------------------------------------ Name Agere Modem Call Progress Audio Path C Windows system agr svc exe StartMode Auto State Running ------------------------------------------ Name Application Layer Gateway Service Path C Windows System alg exe StartMode Manual State Stopped ------------------------------------------ Name Application Information Path C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs StartMode Manual State Running ------------------------------------------ Name Apple Mobile Device Path quot C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe quot StartMode Auto State Running ------------------------------------------ Name avast iAVS Control Service Path quot C Program Files Avast aswUpdSv ex... Read more

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/277298-64-bit-windows-update-error-code-80070424-a.html
Relevancy 81.84%

Can someone please assist in troubleshooting this serious issue? I have tried various solutions in this forum and other outlets and nothing works. I haven't been able to update since Jan 2009. Below is my system info. Thanks

OS Name Microsoft? Windows Vista Home Premium
Version 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001
System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
System Model HP Pavilion dv5 Notebook PC
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD Turion(tm) X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-72, 2100 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard F.11, 8/6/2008
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6001.18000"
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB

A:64-bit Windows Update Error CODE 80070424

Originally Posted by confidence73

Can someone please assist in troubleshooting this serious issue? I have tried various solutions in this forum and other outlets and nothing works.

Have you seen already this one? Windows Update Error 80070424

If you will have any problem with understanding this tutorial then prepare log from VistaSysInfoTool (select all) VistaForums SysInfo Tool

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/265198-64-bit-windows-update-error-code-80070424-a.html
Relevancy 81.84%

Recently I am having a hard time installing much needed updates. It tells me it is unable to update and the reason is error 80070424. Please help

A:Windows update error code 80070424

Read this:Windows Update Error 80070424

If you still will have any problems prepare log from VistaSysInfoTool (select all) VistaForums SysInfo Tool
Log attache to post.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/267588-windows-update-error-code-80070424-a.html
Relevancy 96.32%

Hp Pavillion 6768se 4 gigs ram, vista ultimate 64 bit
I cant update anything. I get error code 80070424

A:Update error 80070424

This error has many faces - http://www.vistax64.com/1088791-post8.html

It can going on trouble with BITS,Windows Update or Windows Modules Installer
everything what you need is in the link

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/239152-update-error-80070424-a.html
Relevancy 96.32%

Hi

I wondered whether you can help. I have been having problems with my updates on vista windows home premium x64. I get the error 80070424 also tried to update the service pack 2 and i just get the specified service does not exist as an installed service. I have tried most of the solutions on the microsoft help pages and nothing has worked. I have successfully downloaded the system update readiness tool for windows server 2008 x64 KB947821. The whole problem started when I tried to install 2010 windows home user and avast updates both had problems. Hope you can help.

Thanks

A:update error 80070424

Welcome
I think this is cause by a registry problem. I could tell you what to change, but if I am wrong or you make an error a mistake in registry can cause major problems.
Instead try a system restore from 3 days before the problem. Hope that it works
System Restore - How to
If you ever do try to make registry changes, be sure to backup first.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/292545-update-error-80070424-a.html
Relevancy 95.46%

Hi there,

when running windows update on my Vista x64 OS I receive the following error:

Windows could not search for new updates
Error(s) found:
Code 80070424

I UNsuccessfully tested all the KB solutions I could find on MS support as well as those proposed on the forums including:

running regsvr32.exe wuaueng.dll

Which does NOT work for x64

Reading from my x64 compatriate posts it seems Microsoft has left it's x64 community in the lure in providing a solution.

Save Our Souls

Thanks in advance for your time on this.

Michael harmelink, MCP

A:Vista Update Error 80070424

The answer is not easy -the same WU error maybe cause by different reasons.It maybe trouble with BITS,Windows Installer,Windows Update or Windows Modules Installer trouble -last time there are full these error caused by Windows Modules Installer damaged -read exactly this post:http://www.vistax64.com/1088791-post8.html

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/246348-vista-update-error-80070424-a.html
Relevancy 94.6%

Hello,

Window update

Im getting Error (windows could not search for new updates) Error(s) found: code 80070424 windows update encountered an unknown error.

Please help me how to fix this problem!?

Thanks!

Linda

A:Window update Error Code 80070424

Try the following instructions:
1. Click Start. Choose Run.
2. In the Run box, type: regsvr32.exe wuaueng.dll
3. Click OK.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/275553-window-update-error-code-80070424-a.html
Relevancy 94.6%

Ok so I've been searching everywhere for a fix for this it seems this is unfortunately quite the wide-spread problem Unfortunately for me it seems that simply re-registering a dll fixed it for many users but I have seen many that it has not fixed go unresolved Starters running Vista x Ultimate SP Advanced Update 80070424 Error 64 Vista Avast Home anti-virus Have not been able to upload since April Running Windows Update gives the error I can update Windows Defender's files manually through the security center I ran the livecare complete scan antivirus and it found nothing I tried the whole registering dll's and nothing worked I Vista 64 Update Error 80070424 Advanced cannot install IE tried with updates I also cannot install SP error x Now the precurser BEFORE people jump in Registering the SYSTEMROOT SYSTEM REGSVR EXE SYSTEMROOT SYSTEM WUAUENG DLL --goes successfully-- which seems to have worked for most people but does nothing for me Another person seems to have had the same issue here Windows Update Error Code - Vista Setup and Install yet it trails off when people start complaining about the WUAUENG DLL error x which IS NOT MY ISSUE The WUAUENG DLL reregisters fine BITS seems to be running fine but still error BITS is enabled manually and running have also tried automatic did nothing While registering a list of dlls one or two will have the following error Regsvr QMGR DLL - The module quot QMGR Vista 64 Update Error 80070424 Advanced DLL quot was loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found Make sure that quot QMGR DLL quot is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again As for the reregistering the DLLs this is where the funny business seems to be happening I was told to register these DLLs regsvr wucltux dll regsvr wuaueng dll regsvr wups dll regsvr wuapi dll regsvr wudriver dll regsvr wups dll regsvr wuwebv dll Yet regsvr wudriver dll gives the same error Module was loaded but the entry-point was not found I cannot seem to find a specific thread area that deals directly with these DLLs and this problem although others have mentioned this issue they just go unresolved I even tried downloading the DLLs and swapping them but that was a no-go kept the originals as old then swapped them back after it did nothing BITS restore tool says that it is not needed at this time Any ideas

A:Vista 64 Update Error 80070424 Advanced

This error have many meaning and faces -read below exactly and check all
http://www.vistax64.com/1082478-post2.html

Probably you have problem with other service

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/238285-vista-64-update-error-80070424-advanced.html
Relevancy 93.31%

I ran the SURT then SCANNOW many multiple times and only a few updates will take Then I ran several updates it failed then reverted ALL my updates and erased the update history Crazy right The below line showed up several times in the sfc log when running SCANNOW but all referenced fastprox dll - - - Info CSI SR Cannot repair member file l quot fastprox dll quot of Microsoft-Windows-WMI-Core-fastprox-dll Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store error Home Premium 80070424 Cannot Update 64bit hash mismatch - - Info CSI SR Cannot repair member file l quot fastprox Cannot Update error 80070424 Home Premium 64bit dll quot of Microsoft-Windows-WMI-Core-fastprox-dll Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI a SR This component was referenced by l quot Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package bf ad e amd WindowsFoundationDelivery quot - - Info CSI c Cannot Update error 80070424 Home Premium 64bit SR Could not reproject corrupted file ml l quot C windows System wbem quot l quot fastprox dll quot source file in store is also corrupted - - Info CSI e SR Verify complete I've had this machine for about years and have no idea where the Windows system disk is Also - I was a victim of hijackware about yrs ago This all came about b c I was trying to install an MSI GT for the kids and it wouldn't work so I though quot time to update quot I got the CBS log as mentioned in the posting help but compressed it's Mb Help

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/389498-cannot-update-error-80070424-home-premium-64bit.html
Relevancy 93.31%

help i am trying to update my vista 32 bit and when the program is searching for a update, i get the error code and it says " windows update encountered an unknown error." code 80070424 please help me solve my problem

A:Help! update search failed error code 80070424

Please read thoroughly this one:Windows Update Error 80070424

If described steps are too hard to follow then please prepare log from VistaSysInfoTool (select all) VistaForums SysInfo Tool

Log attache to post

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/261987-help-update-search-failed-error-code-80070424-a.html
Relevancy 91.59%

I purchased a new notebook with Windows 7 in October. During the first weeks I uninstalled McAfee and replaced the harddrive. Since November Windows Update fails with error messages and defender does not start anymore. I made several virus scans (complete) with multiple antivirus programs but nothing showed up.Since it took my days to install various software, I do not want to re-install W7. I also have no good backup that I could restore. I am really surprised that there is not even a single entry regarding the error code in the Microsoft Knowledge base or elsewhere.I really would appreciate help. 

A:Windows Update does not work, Windows Standalone Update Installer stops with error 0xc8000247 (Windows 7 Home Premium on Acer Aspire 1810TZ notebook)

Got it !!!!
If You are using notebooks with with hard drive larger than 700 GB you probably should update Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver.
Here is solution :
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02219204&cc=nl&lc=en&dlc=en&product
Download and install it.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3b716d4c-fb5f-411b-9aee-38af1c529336/windows-update-does-not-work-windows-standalone-update-installer-stops-with-error-0xc8000247?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 87.72%

When I try to install KB3182373, a "Security Update for Microsoft Silverlight", Windows Update reports failure with the message "Code 643 Windows Update encountered an unknown error".
I ran WindowsUpdateDiagnostic.diagcab. It reported that "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem".
What can I do to fix this? I'm running Windows 7 Professional.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ab3e30fe-b420-45f1-b3b0-9fd7f93fbe5a/windows-update-fails-when-installing-kb3182373-code-643-windows-update-encountered-an-unknown?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 87.29%

I am using Windows Professional with Service Pack Windows Update has lost my update history and hangs when I tell it to check for updates Windows Update Troubleshooter reports quot Windows Update error x - - -T- P Not Fixed quot How can I get Windows Update working again Here is a detailed account 0x80070057 Reports Not Update Error Fixed Hangs, Windows Windows Update Troubleshooter of the problem Earlier today I ran Windows Update and told it to install important updates It said it was downloading them but stalled for minutes at done I rebooted my computer and re-ran Windows Update It reported that there were no pending important updates I clicked quot View update history quot and saw that the most recent important updates had failed I clicked quot Check for Updates quot and when it finished checking Windows Update continued to report that there were no pending important updates At that point I Windows Update Hangs, Windows Update Troubleshooter Reports Error 0x80070057 Not Fixed concluded that something was wrong with Windows Update In an attempt to fix it I downloaded and ran the Windows Update Troubleshooter WindowsUpdateDiagnostic diagcab It reported one problem found quot Windows Update error x - - -T- P Not Fixed quot After running Windows Update Troubleshooter I re-ran Windows Update It reported that my most recent check for updates was quot Never quot and that updates were installed quot Never quot When I clicked quot View update history quot I saw an empty list When I clicked quot Check for updates quot the application stalled at quot Checking for updates quot I have re-booted re-run Windows Update Troubleshooter and re-run Windows Update at least twice more Windows Update Troubleshooter continues to report quot Windows Update error x quot and Windows Update continues to show no update history and to hang on quot Checking for updates quot

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/25a67d86-9ee5-460d-924b-663a55e34b06/windows-update-hangs-windows-update-troubleshooter-reports-error-0x80070057-not-fixed?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 86.43%

Tried the following Update works if I bypass the router ie connect the PC directly to modem It also works from different ISP through router at work Format disk amp Reinstall windows From windowsupdate log - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http download windowsupdate com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab gt error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING DownloadFileInternal failed for http download windowsupdate com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab error x efd - - c Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C muv wuredir cab - - c Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - c Misc WARNING SendRequest failed with hr efd Proxy List used lt gt Bypass List used lt null gt 0x80072efd update - with Windows Client error Windows detect Update to Can't failed 7 Auth Schemes used lt gt - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http download microsoft com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab gt error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING SendRequest failed with hr efd Proxy List used lt gt Bypass List used lt null gt Auth Schemes used lt gt - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http download microsoft com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab gt error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING SendRequest failed with hr efd Proxy List used lt gt Bypass List used lt null gt Auth Schemes used lt gt - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http download microsoft com v windowsupdate Can't update Windows 7 - Windows Update Client failed to detect with error 0x80072efd redir muv wuredir cab gt Can't update Windows 7 - Windows Update Client failed to detect with error 0x80072efd error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING SendRequest failed with hr efd Proxy List used lt gt Bypass List used lt null gt Auth Schemes used lt gt - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http download microsoft com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab gt error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING DownloadFileInternal failed for http download microsoft com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab error x efd - - c Misc Validating signature for - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http www update microsoft com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab gt error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING SendRequest failed with hr efd Proxy List used lt gt Bypass List used lt null gt Auth Schemes used lt gt - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http www update microsoft com v windowsupdate redir muv wu... Read more

A:Can't update Windows 7 - Windows Update Client failed to detect with error 0x80072efd

Hi,

Try to remove the proxy server entry from the WinHTTP proxy configuration for Windows 7:

Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start programs and files box.
Right-click cmd.exe in the Programs list, and then click Run as administrator.
Note If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or click Continue.
Type the following command and then press Enter:
netsh winhttp show proxy
Note The proxy setting is listed next to Proxy Server. If there is no proxy server, Direct Access <no proxy server> is shown in the Command Prompt window.
To remove the listed proxy setting, type the following command and then press Enter:

netsh winhttp reset proxy
Click Start, click All Programs, click Windows Update, and then try to download and install updates again.Alex Zhaozx
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f37e3638-beac-445a-83f4-21cf85cb05fe/cant-update-windows-7-windows-update-client-failed-to-detect-with-error-0x80072efd?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 84.71%

ASUS Desktop PC CM Series Windows Home Premium SP -bit Core i GB RAM GB HDD Windows updates not working for a while Initial was B appearing in the Windows Update window when searching for updates Found bad memory using Memtest and pulled the stick Other stick no errors after passes Toshiba HDD installed Ran two different HDD diagnostics test on it and it passed No conflicts in device manager Now Windows Update window showing error Based upon instructions ran System Update Readiness Tool SURT but that appears to have not made any resolution Ran it twice to ensure it ran successfully Then ran the Windows Update Diagnostic diagcab from go Error Update 0x8007370B Windows & Error Windows Update 80070002 Diag microsoft com fwlink LinkID and it shows Windows Update error x Windows Update Error 80070002 & Windows Update Diag Error 0x8007370B B - - -T- P as NOT FIXED All other items in list shows as FIXED SFC scannow will not run displaying the message quot windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation quot I tried the same in a elevated prompt in normal windows and in safe mode with the same result No luck running Surface Scan Ran chkdsk r twice also Screen captures of both errors and CBS log file attached Any help is greatly appreciated In the meantime I will begin running some antimalware scans just in case Thanks for any assistance

A:Windows Update Error 80070002 & Windows Update Diag Error 0x8007370B

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data
If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

We need that data whether or not either CheckSUR or SFC complete.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/346188-windows-update-error-80070002-windows-update-diag-error-0x8007370b.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello, can someone please help me with my problems about Windows Update

I have tried to run Windows Update on my computer and received the following error message:
I have also tried Farbar Service Scanner and i got this file
Attachment 294790
Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

A:Help with Windows Update Error: Windows Update Services not running.

i have a similar problem here is my farbar file:
Please Help
Farbar Service Scanner Version: 23-11-2013
Ran by Safe (administrator) on 24-11-2013 at 12:02:44
Running from "C:\Users\Safe\Desktop"
Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 (X86)
Boot Mode: Normal

Internet Services:
============

Connection Status:
==============
Localhost is accessible.
LAN connected.
Google IP is accessible.
Google.com is accessible.
Yahoo.com is accessible.
Windows Firewall:
=============
mpsdrv Service is not running. Checking service configuration:
The start type of mpsdrv service is OK.
The ImagePath of mpsdrv service is OK.

MpsSvc Service is not running. Checking service configuration:
Checking Start type: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open MpsSvc registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ImagePath: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open MpsSvc registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ServiceDll: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open MpsSvc registry key. The service key does not exist.

bfe Service is not running. Checking service configuration:
Checking Start type: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open bfe registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ImagePath: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open bfe registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ServiceDll: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open bfe registry key. The service key does not exist.
Firewall Disabled Policy:
==================
"HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile" registry key does not exist.
System Restore:
============

System Restore Disabled Policy:
========================
Action Center:
============

wscsvc Service is not running. Checking service configuration:
Checking Start type: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open wscsvc registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ImagePath: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open wscsvc registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ServiceDll: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open wscsvc registry key. The service key does not exist.

Action Center Notification Icon =====> Unable to open HKLM\...\ShellServiceObjects\{F56F6FDD-AA9D-4618-A949-C1B91AF43B1A} key. The key does not exist.
Windows Update:
============
BITS Service is not running. Checking service configuration:
The start type of BITS service is OK.
The ImagePath of BITS service is OK.
The ServiceDll of BITS service is OK.
Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy:
============================
Windows Defender:
==============
WinDefend Service is not running. Checking service configuration:
Checking Start type: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open WinDefend registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ImagePath: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open WinDefend registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ServiceDll: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open WinDefend registry key. The service key does not exist.
Other Services:
==============
Checking Start type of iphlpsvc: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ImagePath of iphlpsvc: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ServiceDll of iphlpsvc: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key. The service key does not exist.

Checking Start type of SharedAccess: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to retrieve start type of SharedAccess. The value does not exist.
Checking ImagePath of SharedAccess: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to retrieve ImagePath of SharedAccess. The value does not exist.
Checking ServiceDll of SharedAccess: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to retrieve ServiceDll of SharedAccess. The value does not exist.
Checking FirewallRules of SharedAccess: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open "SharedAccess\Defaults\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules" registry key. The key does not exist.
Checking Firewa... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/312811-help-windows-update-error-windows-update-services-not-running.html
Relevancy 82.13%

We couldn't install Windows 10
0xC1900101 - 0x40017
We've set you PC back to where it was right before you started installing Windows 10
The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during BOOT operation
What was tried: Connected straight to ethernet, Turned off wireless and Defender A/V, Removing the D/L files, D/L fresh from ISO file, launched install file, went through approx 50% and PC rebooted - nor stuck on black screen with swirling dots for OVER 4 hours with a brief HD access every couple of seconds.
Rebooted again -- still swirling dots on black screen. Tried again, same results.
Rebooted with F8 to get original Win 10 back.
Turned on "metered connection" option for WLAN to stop this update from happening. But now I cannot get and security updates for this machine.
Please suspend this D/L until fixed. Cannot afford to have no protection!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438835-update-windows-10-anniversary-update-will-not-install-error-0xc1900101-0x40017-second-boot.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hey,

I'm trying to install update KB976932 (Windows Service pack 1 for 64bit) and KB982526 (Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1) but I keep getting error 800b100 which stops me from doing so.

I've tried deactivating my firewall; manually installing from the microsoft website; and using the system readiness tool but I keep getting the same error

I've attached log files and I believe some files are corrupt. How can I replace them?
Can anyone please help me out?

Thanks.

A:Windows 7 - Update KB976932 and KB982526 update failure- error 800b100

i am facing the same problem even, tried installing manually, readiness tool and fix it, nothing works. So i just turned off windows update,
windows update Code error 800B100
I amrunning 64 bit windows 7 ultimate

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/147233-windows-7-update-kb976932-kb982526-update-failure-error-800b100.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi everybody

I get windows update error code 2 on installing Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5, 4.5.1 and 4.5.2 on Windows 7, Vista, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2 x64 (KB2978128)
I have also some other errors installing Internet Explorer 11.

I have used "sfc /scannow" command but it didn't find any integrity violations. the CBS log is attached.

I have also used SUR and the log file can be found attached to this post.

Any help is appreciated.

A:Windows update error code 2 on installing security update .NETF 4.52

Not as bad as I thought from the file size of the CheckSUR log...

Code:
Summary:
Seconds executed: 626
Found 40 errors
CSI Manifest All Zeros Total count: 40
Unavailable repair files:
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-ieshims_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_ae6c710c2475d6dd.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-ieshims_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_c5578c400ab73d40.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-scripting-jscript9_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_ab08cdc647ee4ac0.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-extcompat_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_a38eed1960d6da24.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-i..ersandsecurityzones_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_32ad7426474825c0.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-ratings_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_455c9a9ecd397534.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ieinstal_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_66663569022097ee.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-extcompat_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_ba7a084d47184087.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-js-debuggeride_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_b8c293a66f3311dc.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-runtimeutilities_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_ae82eb7016c1044d.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-lowreg_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_0f2b73186e1db6ad.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-scripting-jscript_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_e9bf29ad81612b17.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-gc-registeriepkeys_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_a5b33267944d950c.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-sysprep_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_82715ae744395a3d.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-i..tocolimplementation_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_7fb34fc812514c53.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-sysprep_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_995c761b2a7ac0a0.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-htmlrendering_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_910d6ee692a7b589.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-runtimeutilities_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_c56e06a3fd026ab0.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-lowreg_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_26168e4c545f1d10.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-i..etexplorer-optional_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_1680b8a41e440241.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-js-debuggeride_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_a1d7787288f1ab79.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-setup-support_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_439b116ecef783db.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-gc-registeriepkeys_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_8ec81733ae0c2ea9.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-versioninfo_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_6605203fbf36f2d9.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-ratings_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_2e717f6ae6f80ed1.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-scripting-jscript9_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_c1f3e8fa2e2fb123.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-pdm-configuration_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_b72e2fb5a0a8f7b3.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-vgx_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_6b016db5593931ef.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-setup-support_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_2caff63ae8b61d78.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-pdm-configuration_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_ce194ae986ea5e16.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-i..etexplorer-optional_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_ff959d7038029bde.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd6... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/365236-windows-update-error-code-2-installing-security-update-netf-4-52-a.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hey all,

So I am currently reinstalling Windows on my dad's old laptop after the hard drive decided up die on us, and I stumbled on a problem that's a bit too hard for me to fix.

Namely, I am completely unable to install any Windows Update. Not even MSE will install.

I tried running SURT, but got error code 0x8000247
I also tried running SFC /SCANNOW, it ran the verification fase until 98% and then stated that there where unfixable problems.

The displayed error codes are:
In WU: "8024A000"
In SURT: "0x8000247"
Whilst installing MSE: "0x80070643".

Attached you will find CBS.log and MSINFO with my system specs.
Cheers and many thanks in advance,
Nommy

CBS.log MSINFO32.nfo

A:Windows Update error code 8024A000; unable to install any update.

That's very reminiscent of similar errors in Win7 - and I wouldn't be surprised to see it being non-genuine.
Please post an MGADiag report BEFORE doing the below potential fixes.

This may simply be caused by a bad set of Intel Storage Matrix Technology drivers -

Installing the Intel Drivers
try downloading and installing them from here -
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...&DwnldID=17882

(IATA89ENU.exe)

Once complete, please reboot twice, then post another MGADiag report.

If nothing has changed, try this...

Please run the following commands in an Elevated Command Prompt

NET STOP CRYPTSVC
REN C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CATROOT2 CATROOT2OLD
NET START CRYPTSVC

once complete, leave the system alone for at least an hour to rebuild the database, then reboot, and run another MGADiag report and post the results.

If neither of them work, we'll re-evaluate.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/302946-windows-update-error-code-8024a000-unable-install-any-update.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello,

I recieve error C80003FA whenever I do a Windows Update run. It doesn't get past the stage of checking for updates.

I've tried several fixes including:
- Waiting 15 minutes and running Windows Update again.
- Letting Windows Update run on its own schedule.
- SFC /Scannow
- Renaming the Catroot2 Folder.
- Running 3 different Fixit tools.
- Clean windows install.

After each and every one of those fixes I've tried windows update and I still get error C80003FA.

SFC Scannow has previously said no errors, but the last run through it said there were unfixable errors. I've got the log, though for brevity's sake I will keep it until someone asks for it.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

A:Windows Update fails in Update Check. Error code C80003FA.

Clean windows install doesn't fix it? You must be blocked, maybe your firewall???

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/251423-windows-update-fails-update-check-error-code-c80003fa.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello. It all started couple of days ago when I wansn't able to start my Skype, because at the login window Skype uses Internet Explorer I've been trying couple of days to do something. At first I was getting internet explorer 10 update error, but somehow, magically, that update installed, but now!!! now it says that there's Internet explorer 9 update error! Please help, guys, really frustrated that I can't use skype, I really need it for my work. ty.

I've made logs with System Update Readiness Tool as suggested here Windows Update Posting Instructions, but when I try to attach it, it says

Quote:
CBS.zip:
Your file of 10.84 MB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 8.30 MB for this filetype.

What should I do? I've tried to zip CBS and to rar it, but the size is still bigger than allowed. HELP!

A:Windows update error 9C48, Internet Explorer update.

I'm thinking my CSB file is bigger than it has to be because I've been running this System Update Readiness Tool couple of times in last few days, maybe I should delete something out of there?

Update: I uploaded it here http://ge.tt/4ab6s9i/v/0, sorry if it's against the forum rulse, or something, will do as it must be done if this isn't appropriate. thx

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/292074-windows-update-error-9c48-internet-explorer-update.html
Relevancy 81.7%

My Windows Update has been failing to update for error 800F081F Windows to fails update, code Update a while now and I can't seem to find the solution Here's the run-down of what happens step by step Launch an update scan for Windows Update It scans for a few seconds then says Quote Install new Windows Update software To check for updates you must first install an update for Windows Update Once I click Windows Update fails to update, error code 800F081F Install it begins to quot Install and Update quot but then immediately returns to quot Checking for Updates quot The next box I see says Quote Windows could not search for new updates An error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer Error s found Code F F This happens every time I've attempted to update After looking up the error code I found the main Windows site that gave me the following explaination If you receive Windows Update error F F it means that Windows Update or Microsoft Update cannot determine the cryptographic service provider or a file Windows Update requires named catalog store is corrupted I've looked through multiple Windows forums and How-To's and have tried all the fixes I found SURT sfc scannow the standalone download for WU Windows Update Diagnostic multiple malware scans and Microsoft Fixit Ultimately I always get the same error code F F I should also say this problem has been here for a few months now and it's becoming more worrisome as more time passes The longer I wait to get this fixed the more I fear I will be hurting my computer Any and all help is greatly appreciated and I will do my best to cooperate with any instructions or requests Thank you Mookey

A:Windows Update fails to update, error code 800F081F

Hi Mookeylee & welcome to Sevenforums.

Please follow Windows Update Posting Instructions

We need to see the logs to determine the cause of the error.

Worst case scenario, and last resort, repair install windows 7. No big deal I just did 2 yesterday win7x64 Home Premium. Brink posted a great tutorial Repair Install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/384786-windows-update-fails-update-error-code-800f081f.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello,
First, excuse my english, I'm trying my best.

I get error C80003FA whenever I do a Windows Update run.

I did the Windows Update Posting instructions. When I did the SURT installation, it didn't finish and I had to reboot the PC. Then it work.

I've tried sfc /scannow several times before with different results: sometimes finished with no errors, sometimes finish with unfixable errors and sometimes didn't finish at all.

I uploaded the CBS.zip

Hope you can help me, thanks.

A:Windows Update doesn't update. Error code C80003FA

There are no errors in any of the posted logs
Please post the C:\WIndows\windowsupdate.log file.

Please also post the event logs...

Open Event Viewer
click on the Windows logs entry in the left pane to expand it.
Now click on the Application entry - wait while it loads.
Click on 'File' in the menu bar and select Save...

Save the file as Appevt.evtx

Repeat for the System log

then zip both, and upload them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/374917-windows-update-doesnt-update-error-code-c80003fa.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Sorry to everyone.This report is an mistake. The PC which is fixed by Combofix is very well.The new problem PC is another.After all of steps in Thunder's post, WindowsUpdate is fixed.But My Neighborhood still can't work.I try to set another PC's IP as 192.168.0.1, and myself PC's IP as 192.168.0.2.Then ping 192.168.0.1, there is no request sent back.But when I ping my PC from another PC(ping 192.168.0.2), it's work.I can see my share folder from another PC, but can't see another PC on my PC.I try to reinstall network card driver, but no help.My PC can use PPPoE to connect Internet now.My system is WinXP-SP3How can I FIX this ?Thanx for help....

A:After "Windows Update error 80244019; DNS address 85.255.112.107, How to fix my Windows Update Error"

This report is an mistake.Thank you for letting us know. Since this issue seems to be resolved, this thread will now be closed.In case you experience any problems with the computer, please Start a new topic.Happy computing,Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/195023/after-windows-update-error-80244019;-dns-address-85255112107-how-to-fix-my-windows-update-error/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hello. Been having this update issue and already run SURT, Fixit, and SVC to no avail. Even spent some time on a live chat with a microsoft tech to help me out but his tools couldn't help much. So, I've come here to hope for a miracle.

Here are my log files. The attachment manager isn't working at time of posting so I will attempt to upload the full CBS .zip later.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/383938-windows-update-error-800b0100-update-kb3046017.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi I Issue 80073712 Error Windows update - Update not will am having some issues with my windows update It will not update Windows Update Issue - Error 80073712 will not update at all I am also unable to update my internet explorer Any help is appreciated Please see attached logs and below code Thanks Regards Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Update Issue - Error 80073712 will not update Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - - - -FYVQB Windows Product Key Hash BiGPTnEmebjLKyvsFO OMYyy gc Windows Product ID - - - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type Volume MAK Windows OS version ID AD B- B- D B-A D -D E DF B Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Update Issue - Error 80073712 will not update Windows Enterprise Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version OGAExec exe Signed By Microsoft OGAAddin dll Signed By Microsoft OGA Data-- gt Office Status Genuine Microsoft Office Enterprise - Genuine OGA Version Registered Signed By Microsoft Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - E AD EA- -d E AD EA- - E AD EA- - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt AD B- B- D B-A D -D E DF B lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -BBBBB lt PKey gt lt PID gt - - - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt System manufacturer lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt P E Premium lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt American Megatrends Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt DBA E F lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt GMT Standard Time GMT lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt File Name quot OGAAddin dll quot Version quot quot gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Product GUID quot - - - - FF CE quot gt lt LegitResult gt lt LegitResult gt lt Name gt Microsoft Office Enterprise lt Name gt lt Ver gt lt Ver gt lt Val gt EF E BB D lt Val gt lt Hash gt I aR JZ HnlLhxyLFCA XOuw lt Hash gt lt Pid gt - - - lt Pid gt lt PidType gt lt PidType gt lt Product gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot A quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot B quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot A quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot BA quot Ver... Read more

A:Windows Update Issue - Error 80073712 will not update

Hello habeeb786 and welcome to the forums

Could you follow the instructions here please:

Windows Update Posting Instructions

Tom

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/266593-windows-update-issue-error-80073712-will-not-update.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Windows Update was working fine until earlier this month, when it suddenly started displaying the mentioned error code.

Have tried running the FixIt tool from Microsoft to reset Windows Update components, but it cannot repair the Windows Update error.

Tried running SURT, but it gave a message about not being able to install hotfix.

SFC /SCANNOW cannot run.

Attached screenshots and log folder.

A:Windows Update error 8008005 on search and update

Have you tried a start up repair from the install disk?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/343310-windows-update-error-8008005-search-update.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I have an Acer Aspire Ethos laptop running Windows Ultimate x SP is installed according to system properties came installed Windows update was working fine until maybe June or May of this year I have tried a number of hotfixes several microsoft fixit automatic normal and aggressive runs the sfc scannow in admin CMD mode and also uninstalled the Error Fail 80073712 Self-update Update Windows last ten or so updates I have also deleted the contents of the Downloaded Installation Files within C Windows but that also did not fix the error Have also tried disabling my antivirus but that did not change anything windows update will not self-update at all Nothing seems to work Please help Below see a typical update attempt from the log repeats almost every other day more or less the same Quote - - c AU START AU Search for updates - - c AU - Windows Update Self-update Fail Error 80073712 - c AU lt lt SUBMITTED AU Search for updates CallId DC A D A- Windows Update Self-update Fail Error 80073712 B - F -ABF -BED E B - - d Agent - - d Agent START Agent Finding updates CallerId AutomaticUpdates - - d Agent - - d Agent Online Yes Ignore download priority No - - d Agent Criteria quot IsInstalled and DeploymentAction 'Installation' or IsPresent and DeploymentAction 'Uninstallation' or IsInstalled and DeploymentAction 'Installation' and RebootRequired or IsInstalled and DeploymentAction 'Uninstallation' and RebootRequired quot - - d Agent ServiceID F -A - - - A D EFE D Third party service - - d Agent Search Scope Machine - - d Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C muv wuredir cab - - d Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - d Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x - - d Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x - - d Misc WARNING DownloadFileInternal failed for http download windowsupdate com v v wuredir cab error x - - d Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C muv wuredir cab - - d Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - d Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x - - d Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x - - d Misc WARNING DownloadFileInternal failed for http download microsoft com v win v wuredir cab error x - - d Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C muv wuredir cab - - d Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - d Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C muv wuredir cab - - d Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - d Agent Checking for updated auth cab for service f -a - - - a d efe d at http download windowsupdate com v dir muauth cab - - d Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution AuthCabs authcab cab - - d Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - d Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution AuthCabs authcab cab - - d Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - d Setup Checking for agent SelfUpdate - - d Setup Skipping selfupdate check An update was already attempted and failed - - d Agent WARNING Skipping scan self-update check returned x D - - d Agent WARNING Exit code x D - - d Agent - - d Agent END Agent Finding updates CallerId AutomaticUpdates - - d Agent - - d Agent WARNING WU client failed Searching for update with error x d - - d Report CWERReporter finishing event handling - - f AU gt gt RESUMED AU Search for updates CallId DC A D A- B - F -ABF -BED E B - - f AU WARNING Search callback failed result x D - - f AU WARNING Failed to find updates with error code D - - f AU - - f AU END AU Search for updates CallId DC A D A- B - F -ABF -BED E B - - f AU - - f AU Need to show Unable to Detect notification - - f AU Successfully wrote event for AU health state - - f AU AU setting next detection timeout to - - - - f AU Setting AU scheduled install time to - - - - f AU Successfully wrote event for AU health state - - f AU Successfully wrote event for AU heal... Read more

A:Windows Update Self-update Fail Error 80073712

agreed. I am facing a similar problem as you. Help

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/252798-windows-update-self-update-fail-error-80073712-a.html
Relevancy 80.84%

After buying a new hard drive and reimaging thumb drive from Dell, I installed Windows 7 Ultimate on a Dell M6400 Precision Laptop. I have everything working except Windows Update will not Update. It has not updated once since the install. Windows Tech
support has not been able to resolve the issue, even with remote assistance. I get the Error Code 0x80070003 after running the Windows Update Diagnostic Tool. Does anyone know how to fix this?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dfaac767-7d89-4254-8ce7-368b149f2945/error-code-0x80070003-windows-update-will-not-update?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 80.84%

Alright, this has been going on for awhile, and now I'm fed up. Every time I want to update windows, it comes up with this error code - 80090305 Every time I try to update windows defender, it comes up with this error code - 0x80090305 I can't update either! I've looked for solutions online -everywhere- nothing works. I checked what the Microsoft website said, but that didn't help either! I really think I should get these updates, and I'm tired of it popping up and telling me that it can't update. The computer is an Acer (I don't know the exact model, I trying to fix my friends computer and I'll be back there tomorrow.) Anyway, help would be amazing. Thank you! p.s I realize this is my first post, but you know I signed up because I really need help! I've tried everything!

A:Update error 80090305 - cannot update windows or defender!

Fix SEC_E_SECPKG_NOT_FOUND Error Under 2 Min - Fix PC Error ?
This is what they say is the fix

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/281753-update-error-80090305-cannot-update-windows-defender.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I didn't see any posts about this, so I hope I am not double posting.

After removing a drive load of viruses, I am still not able to update Windows Vista to Service Pack 1. I have even tried to create a new admin user account in hopes that this would work, but no go. I tried running sfc.exe / scannow from the CMD and it did report that it was unable to repair wextract.exe. Also, the file reportingevents.txt located in %system root%\windows\softwaredistribution\reportingevents.txt lists "Windows Update Client failed to detect with error 0x80070490".
Although, I think Windows Defender can update. I need to take a break.

Acer Extensa 4620-4605
Windows Vista 32-bit Home Premium

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/219545/windows-update-will-not-update-error-code-80070490/
Relevancy 80.84%

Greetings,

I am unable to install "Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2761217)" and get "Error Code 8007065E" after the update finishes downloading and attempts to install. See attached for the logs and a screenshot of the error.
Thanks!
Yoha

A:Windows Update Error 8007065E on Update KB2761217

You have some errors in the CheckSUR log which are likely causing your problem - for ease of access, I'll put them here....

Code:
Unavailable repair files:
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-g..validatefntcache-06_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22118_none_a7612cac4a5ea0e2.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-g..validatefntcache-06_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.17130_none_a4d38ecd3432052f.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-font-truetype-calibri_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.17130_none_46cc128a0951a80d.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-g..validatefntcache-06_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.21329_none_a57100044d3f6a3e.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-font-truetype-calibri_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22118_none_4959b0691f7e43c0.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-font-truetype-calibri_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17959_none_48a5fc16067ff9cf.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-g..validatefntcache-06_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17959_none_a6ad7859316056f1.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-font-truetype-calibri_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.21329_none_476983c1225f0d1c.manifest
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_4_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_4_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_6_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_6_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_9_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_9_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_4_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_4_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_6_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_6_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_9_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_9_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat

Your SFC scan is apparently clear..

I'll post a fix protocol later for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/275300-windows-update-error-8007065e-update-kb2761217.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Been using Google and such for a couple months messing with it but cant get update to work. My girlfriend updated from Vista a while ago and I cant crack this! I have done all the differect things I could find from Microsoft to no avail. The fixit program finds something and says its fixed but still doesnt work.

Any ideas you all could give would be great! Thanks.

A:Update for Windows Update Error Code 800700B7

Hello bobo and welcome am no expert mate but take a look at this Windows update KB2532531 gets error code 800700B7 - Microsoft Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/278382-update-windows-update-error-code-800700b7.html
Relevancy 80.41%

the main thing is each and every install nbsp windows update just searches forever and nothing happens after diagnostic tool it says Datastore edb is corrupted and cant be repaired and each time it download the corrupted Datastore edb can they at leats give a proper service pack for windows nbsp bit ultimate that is then uptodate with working windows update that works after a direct standalone install of sp i use windows update pack windows windows it bit update installed and but in has after Windows out 7 new corrpedted Datastore.edb! ultimate retail and allways downloaded 1 it 64 service bugs ultimate bit and i reinstalled the system allready nbsp times each and every time the same problame that Datastore edb is corrupted and windows update just gets stuck i how you can either releasse a service pack so that windows update works again after a direct install of service pack or a windows update that doesnt use data store cause its yepp Not working i use a amd core with a amd hd readon and gb ram both asus motherboard and grafic as it is now windows update is with windows service pack not useable sincierly Christian Madjari

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/72b8be3b-5ea6-44bc-b1bd-200fa8fb7ec6/windows-update-in-windows-7-64-bit-ultimate-retail-bugs-out-after-service-pack-1-and-it-downloaded?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 79.98%

I downloaded and installed the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows for x based Systems KB but nothing appears to happen after the installation completes The file that was downloaded is - Windows -KB -v -x msu Step says quot Leave it to run uninterrupted It may appear to freeze or svc for Update UpdateError: for 80070424 Security 2008 SQL 3 Server pk hang but this is perfectly normal If it still hasn't finished after a few hours then notify us in your post quot but absolutely nothing UpdateError: 80070424 for Security Update for SQL Server 2008 svc pk 3 appears to UpdateError: 80070424 for Security Update for SQL Server 2008 svc pk 3 be happening after the installation completes Is there a specific process or service that needs to be running that I can check to verify that SURT is actually running sfc scannow reported no problems The error code returned is The update UpdateError: 80070424 for Security Update for SQL Server 2008 svc pk 3 that fails is Security Update for SQL Server Service Pack KB Is there a way to determine which installed application is associated with the the multiple SQL programs that appear in quot Control Panel Programs and Features quot Same question for the multiple C programs How is anyone supposed to be able to determine which actual application program any one or more of them are associated with The problem with this SQL patch began in August of and I'd like to find a solution before the upgrade to windows at the end of July Any help would be deeply appreciated Attachment

A:UpdateError: 80070424 for Security Update for SQL Server 2008 svc pk 3

The posted error code implies that a critical service has been uninstalled, or at least disabled.

Please download the Farbar Service Scanner from

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-service-scanner/

Right-click on the saved file and select 'Run as Administrator', and tick all the options, then click on the Scan button - copy and paste the report to your response.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/372034-updateerror-80070424-security-update-sql-server-2008-svc-pk-3-a.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Windows continually fails to update this module:
Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2952664) -I have retried over and over, it continues to fail.
Error in windows update is:
Error: "WindowsUpdate_00003701" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"
So far there has been no solution provided.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b49b8eaa-3101-4ce8-815a-1f1ebf05bce5/windows-update-fails-installing-update-for-windows-7-for-x64based-systems-kb2952664-with-error?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 78.26%

Hey all,

I've been stuck with this problem for a while now, tried support pages on microsoft.com and googled a lot, but all the solutions that worked for other people never seem to work for me. Any ideas here? Someone with the same problem maybe?

Cheers,

Amplid

A:error 80070424 windows could not search for new updates

Originally Posted by amplid

Hey all,

I've been stuck with this problem for a while now, tried support pages on microsoft.com and googled a lot, but all the solutions that worked for other people never seem to work for me. Any ideas here? Someone with the same problem maybe?

Cheers,

Amplid

Amplid

Could you go into event viewer (type event viewer in search) and see what errors exist relating to this problem?

Ken

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/243765-error-80070424-windows-could-not-search-new-updates.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello all.
Running windows 10 pro 64 bit.
I've updated from Version 1511 to the anniversary update, 1607.
Or at least, I thought I did.
The update went well, no hiccups, no errors. Used windows update, let it downloaded and install and rebooted. Alas, system still shows OS Version 1511.
Used update again, same thing, rebooted, 1511.
Went to the windows site, downloaded the windows10upgrade9252.exe, ran it, same exact issue, rebooted, still showing version 1511.
Error logs show no issues. Disabled all external drives, turned off anti-virus, etc, repeated, rinsed, rebooted, still version 1511.
Only think I've not done is burned an ISO to DVD and updated from that.
Any clues as to what's going on?
Thanks!
Nelson Davis

A:windows 10 update from version 1511 to 1607 anniversary update - does not update

Can you check to see what OS version you have? Check in settings > system > OS build. It should show something like 14393.5 or 14393.10

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/434091-windows-10-update-version-1511-1607-anniversary-update-does-not-update.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I have had my Dell for little over 8.1: when partition." or couldn't 10 to reinstall operating update Error reserved message system to to system trying update We the Windows a year and have had problems from the beginning nbsp I am years old and I am at my wits end A hard drive was replaced in the summer of but I have still had problems with the computer shutting down and my having to refresh it to factory setting I thought updating to Windows would solve some problems and I did this in October nbsp Everything was fine until a couple of months ago nbsp The end result was when I tried to refresh the computer to factory defaults it went back to or and I evidently lost something in the process Now I cannot update to Windows and when I tried to resinstall the Dell Operating System I get for both nbsp quot WE COULDN T UPDATE THE SYSTEM RESERVED PARTITION quot I DO HAVE A SYSTEM BACKUP ON CDS MADE WHEN I HAD WINDOWS nbsp Could I reinstall the system with these backupdisks nbsp How do I do that nbsp I also have a Dell Boot USP stick I have a recovery stick too but it semed that when I used this I received a message that not all files were recovered What should I do at this point nbsp

A:Error message when trying to update to Windows 10 or to reinstall operating system 8.1: We couldn't update the system reserved partition."

On MBR disk, Windows 10 requires a 500MB system reserved partition, while 100MB in Windows 7, so you can try to extend system reserved partition.
In disk management, you can only extend partition using the unallocated space next to its right side. so even if you shrink D: drive, the option to extend the efi partition is still grayed out. My suggestion is to use a third party software, AOMEI Partition Assistant, both the standard (free) or the Professional(paid) version can extend partition as long as there is unallocated space on that hard drive. to see more information read:
Fix "We Couldn?t Update the System Reserved Partition" Error
www.disk-partition.com/.../couldnt-update-system-reserved-partition-4348.html

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19678612
Relevancy 76.54%

I can not update windows 7 64 what so ever, i always get this error code "80072EFD", what can i do to sort this? it says a program might be preventing it etc.

A:Windows Update Error (Can Never Update)

Hello Raymond,

This may be able to help fix this error for you. It will give you a few options to try.

Windows Update error 80072efd

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/170212-windows-update-error-can-never-update.html
Relevancy 76.54%

My windows update stopped working with error code i couldn't see any anwers to. Also my messenger no longer works with my video camera.

I re-installed windows 7 32bit, thinking this would rectify this, but alas after the first downloading and installing of updates then the office updates I now get error.

"Error(s) found:
Code 8007273D Windows Update encountered an unknown error."

So it last checked and installed updated last Tuesday 6/4/10 when I Re-installed windows.

Live messenger wont use my webcam says errors too (tried to d'load it again but got similar error to this one, which is why I am including it - I did a system restore to get messenger back).

A:Windows Update error after first update

See this thread.

8007273d widows 7 update problem

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/77592-windows-update-error-after-first-update.html
Relevancy 76.11%

hello friend..

I cannot update windows 10 to anniversary update. Every time I check for update, this came out

"We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet."

I am connected to internet, Mozilla firefox is ok, utorrent is ok, everything is fine except windows update.
I have try disable the firewall, turn off windows defender, disable antivirus, none of it work.
I downloaded windows10 update assistant, did not work.
I don't know what is blocking windows update form connecting to internet.

Any suggestion? or perhaps solution.

Thank You.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/62813-unable-update-windows-update-cannot-connect-update-service.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I was doing a prep for installing Windows 10, now, I got message that I could not go any further because of

Windows 7 update failed on "Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3102429), the error code is 80200011.
Please help me resolve this problem, so I can upgrade to Windows 10

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/57594b76-a037-46f9-b294-cd6d3fdd5f1f/windows-7-update-failed-on-quot-update-for-windows-7-for-x64based-systems-kb3102429?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 73.96%

When I used the Windows Update Troubleshooter on my PC after a (reset-Windows, it "wiped" away (view update history). Is there a solution to stop this behavior?

Lee Payne

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2bb617f2-d29d-4541-8b8a-e00da4f422ae/windows-81-pro-windows-update-troubleshooting-wipes-away-view-update-history?forum=w8itproperf
Relevancy 73.96%

I recently came across a problem where this troubleshooter says my windows update is missing or corrupt. Is there anything wrong with my computer?

A:Failed resetting windows update with windows update automated troubleshooter

Your firewall settings may be blocking Windows Updates, or because the proxy override settings are incorrect:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/900936
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883821 (scroll down for the Fixit for the 0x8024402C error code you received, or instructions on how to fix it yourself)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504517/failed-resetting-windows-update-with-windows-update-automated-troubleshooter/
Relevancy 73.96%

I've been trying to get my system to update for a while now... I have around 19 important updates I need to install but it won't let me.

I keep getting
Code 8007010B Windows Update encountered an

I keep trying to fix my registry with registry mechanic and tried defragging but I don't know what else I should do....

thanks in advance

A:Windows Update Problem x64 - Code 8007010B Windows Update encountered an

Disable firewall and antivirus,and reset WU in aggressive mode http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058 -if it does not solve your problem run Readiness Tool Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista, for Windows Server 2008, for Windows 7, and for Windows Server 2008 R2

when it finish go to C:\Windows\Logs\CBS folder ,find CheckSur.log file and attache it to post

EDIT
This error would be also relate to incorrect path in environment variables. Download & run this tool http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...eshooting.html

and by using it prepare log from System Information and event log,pack all and attache to post too.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/282273-windows-update-problem-x64-code-8007010b-windows-update-encountered.html
Relevancy 73.96%

The November 10 Windows 7 updates caused my Outlook 2013 to crash after it starts. I attempted to restore my PC with a Windows Restore prior to the previous date but it failed so completely that I could not start my computer. The screen recommended doing
a repair with the Windows disk but mine dates to Service Pack 1 and I doubt that it would work with my Service Pack 2.
I had to replace my C Programs partition with a backup that I had to resume operation. I've disabled any more Windows updates until I get information on this problem being fixed.
Can anyone help me here?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cca5bb9d-f504-4448-98bb-405b3f3d8a7d/111015-windows-update-kb-3097877-windows-7-update-crashes-outlook-2013?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 73.96%

My Surface Pro (1st generation) is running Windows 10 and I have it set to update Windows automatically. It's been doing that fine. Recently though I noticed that it always offers me 'Update and shut down' instead of just 'Shut down'. So I let it update. Next time I use the machine and come to shut it down, it makes me update again. And while it's updating, it certainly looks like it's trying to update rather than just shutting down.
According to my Windows Update history, the last successful update was on 15th September. But it's listing no update failures either, which is suspicious.
Anyone got any ideas?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441205-windows-update-fails-but-no-failures-reported-windows-update-history.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I cannot use windows update with vista everytime I update Update unexpectadly Windows/Windows Detected.... Cannot closes/Viruses open the update window it says its downloading the updates and preparing install but it fails everytime The updates are for IE security update for vista x and updates for windows vista x plus some windows defender definition updates I dont know exactly what the error is It just says windows update must close and offers Cannot update Windows/Windows Update unexpectadly closes/Viruses Detected.... to send a report to microsoft which I have done I will include the windows update log the Reporting events log Cannot update Windows/Windows Update unexpectadly closes/Viruses Detected.... and the logs from the deckard system scanner Please help me find a solution I also did an online scan from kaspersky because I could not do the panda scan - it said something was not compatable The kaspersky scan detected many things if possible please help me find a fix for these as well Thank you so much Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Krizzle on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Windows Update Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup Total Physical Memory MiB MiB recommended -- HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------ Emulating logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at - - Platform Windows Vista MSIE Internet Explorer Running processes C Program Files x MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Users Krizzle Desktop dss exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Its Da Internet R - HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Run NvSvc RUNDLL EXE C Windows system nvsvc dll nvsvcStart O - HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKCU Run Sidebar C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe autoRun O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files x MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - Extra context menu item amp D amp ownload amp with BitComet - res C Program Files x BitComet BitComet exe AddLink htm O - Extra context menu item amp D amp ownload all video with BitComet - res C Program Files x BitComet BitComet exe AddVideo htm O - Extra context menu item amp D amp ownload all with BitComet - res C Program Files x BitComet BitComet exe AddAllLink htm O - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - http fpdownload macromedia com ge sh swflash cab O - Protocol livecall - A - C - - F- E F - C Program Files x MSN Messenger msgrapp dll O - Protocol msnim - A - C - - F- E F - C Program Files x MSN Messenger msgrapp dll O - SharedTaskScheduler Windows DreamScene - E D -A - B - F-E F D C - no file O - Service SystemRoot system Alg exe - ALG - Unknown owner - C Windows System alg exe O - Service dfsrres dll - DFSR - Unknown owner - C Windows system DFSR exe O - Service Fax - Unknown owner - C Windows system fxssvc exe O - Service keyiso dll - KeyIso - Unknown owner - C Windows system lsass exe O - Service comres dll - MSDTC - Unknown owner - C Windows System msdtc exe O - Service SystemRoot System netlogon dll - Netlogo... Read more

A:Cannot update Windows/Windows Update unexpectadly closes/Viruses Detected....

Someone Please help...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/cannot-update-windows-windows-update-unexpectadly-closes-viruses-detected-178508.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Search Results

I am trying to update from Windows 10 OS Build 10586.589 to the Anniversary Update but my computer freezes at 1% progress. I have tried everything I can think of including: Unplugging all extra SATA drives except my main SSD, unplugging my wireless network adapter, unplugging all USB devices (even mouse and keyboard), removing old drivers and updating outdated ones, and installing the update through a USB flash drive. It always gets to the same part and freezes until I shutdown my computer and lose no data.

You can see pictures of the frozen screen here: http://imgur.com/a/PseoH.
Reddit thread (Took the guys advice on there): Windows 10 Anniversary Update Freeze : Windows10
Hopefully someone can give me some guidance on how to fix this as I've tried everything I can think of. Thanks!

Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0
CPU: AMD FX-8320 (OC)
GPU: EVGA GTX 750 SC OS
SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120 GB SSD

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/63726-cannot-update-windows-10-anniversary-update-freeze-during-update.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I am having an issue that it looks like many other have run into trying to upgrade from IE to or Other Windows Updates go through fine but anytime I try to install IE or via Windows Update or from the offline installer it fails 9C59 error Windows cannot 32bit install IE10 7 Update Windows or IE11: with the error C A little backstory on this in case it helps We have a VDI environment so this is on our gold image Months back we updated IE to IE but found that we were having compatibility issues with an internal web app and had to downgrade back to IE via uninstalling the IE installed update It appears that I can still re-install IE but anything beyond Windows 7 32bit cannot install IE10 or IE11: Windows Update error 9C59 that fails with the info above I've tried many of the suggestions out there such as reinstalling the readiness tool resetting windows update agent etc but no luck so far The interesting thing that Windows 7 32bit cannot install IE10 or IE11: Windows Update error 9C59 I found is if i start fresh with this update again so i start with IE the quot turn windows features on off quot shows IE as an option to toggle on off However after I try the IE install and it fails i still have IE installed but the quot windows features on off quot window shows IE so its almost like it ALMOST gets there and fails Either way if theres any help someone could have for this I'd greatly appreciate it i'm happy to try and scans logs that might help thank you andrew

A:Windows 7 32bit cannot install IE10 or IE11: Windows Update error 9C59

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data
If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/334934-windows-7-32bit-cannot-install-ie10-ie11-windows-update-error-9c59.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I brought my computer as a windows 7 computer and i upgraded all the way up to windows 8.1 before i got a virus. I had to order some dvds which worked but the updating process stopped at 99%. I let the updating process update for about 10 hours and it was still stuck.

So i took the dvd out and it got me to the startup services screen where it got stuck. So i changed a registry line and it worked! I got all my files back but now i can't upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10. Can i get some help?

A:Can't update windows 7 to windows 10. Error codes 9c57 code 9c59.

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
You can try this method and simply clean install 10
Clean Install Windows 10 Directly without having to Upgrade First - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/387813-cant-update-windows-7-windows-10-error-codes-9c57-code-9c59.html
Relevancy 72.24%

windows professional had no trouble until i think was the date I have looked into many threads on this subject to no avail nothing in the registry HKEY local machine components to remove not the clock tried microsoft fixit here is a copy of my MGA diagnostics file Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code x FE Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - -TKY X-QRT - K CH Windows Product Key update also not genuine windows error fail 8000FFFF windows showing Hash x eg fzrYc BYQyKndw qOX E Windows Product ID - - - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type Retail Windows OS version ID FC-B F - CE - A -D EFDF Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Professional Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version windows update fail error 8000FFFF also showing windows not genuine N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Users Jeff AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt File Mismatch C Windows system sppobjs dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppc dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppcext dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppwinob dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system slc dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system slcext dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppuinotify dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system slui exe Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppcomapi dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppcommdlg dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppsvc exe Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system drivers spsys sys Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system systemcpl dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system user dll Hr x b Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt FC-B F - CE - A -D EFDF lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - - K CH lt PKey gt lt PID gt - - - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt ACER lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt Aspire T E AP F lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt American Megatrends Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt R -A lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt BB FC lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Eastern Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Software licensing service version Name Windows R Professional edition Description Windows Operating System - Windows R RETAIL channel Activation ID bc - dc - d-b - cba... Read more

A:windows update fail error 8000FFFF also showing windows not genuine

This may simply be caused by a bad set of Intel Rapid Storage Technology drivers -

Installing the Intel Rapid Storage Drivers
try downloading and installing them from here - http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=2101&DwnldID=21730

(you want the iata_enu.exe download)

Once complete, please reboot twice, then post another MGADiag report.
If that one fails, try the earlier driver set -
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=2101&DwnldID=17412

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/271151-windows-update-fail-error-8000ffff-also-showing-windows-not-genuine.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I have been getting these error codes every time i try to update windows
software. I have googled extensively on this problem and followed guides, but
its still giving me error codes. I am NOT using a proxy or anything like
that. This error poped up after I uninstalled kaspersky from my computer I
believe. I am running Vista 32bit SP1 (SP1 because i still havent been able
to update). I have tried using Microsoft's update links, but they are broken
because they just return me to google. Please help someone! I need to get
this fixed before tomorrow because of that new virus.

A:Error codes 80244019 (windows Update) and 0x8024402c (windows Defender)

Dude I just had my system crash after doing a windows update. I was trying to update everything before that new virus and now it looks like I have already been hit

I currently have a screen stuck saying

!! 0xc01a001d !! 37362/94537 (\Registry\machine\components\deriveddata...)

Is there anyone that can help?

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/219643-error-codes-80244019-windows-update-0x8024402c-windows-defender.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Just built a new gaming pc myself all new parts first build so maybe there's something I'm not doing right But I was following this guide for windows installation However I decided not to do any of those tweaks under System Setup after Installation I just skipped Windows 8.1. installed run code: Error Update 80072EE2 Can't on newly Windows to installing drivers so it's a pretty normal installation That's just extra information probably not relevant Installed windows OEM Installed my drivers and I connected to internet but when I try to check for windows updates I get this error Code EE Looked online for a solution found one on windows website I then downloaded WindowsUpdateDiagnostic from another PC and ran it on the PC i'm having issues with it fixed something but I still can't update I also can't open a webpage using internet explorer even thought I'm connected to the internet Can't run Windows Update on newly installed Windows 8.1. Error code: 80072EE2 When I type any address it just loads waiting for I've also noticed that windows is not activated when I try to activate it I get Windows can't activate Try again later Don't Can't run Windows Update on newly installed Windows 8.1. Error code: 80072EE2 know if relevant but I actually installed Windows the first two times incorrectly I mean it installed fine but I was trying to install on a GPT formatted SSD used diskpart with command prompt at windows install window to clean and convert to GPT but even though I formatted with GPT I kept ending up with a MBR formatted SSD The problem was I wasn't booting from a UEFI Device Third time I made sure I did and it worked Also I noticed restarting my PC is taking a little more longer than I've experienced before I see a screen saying Restarting with a loading icon for like a full minute and then the PC boots up again but it never shuts down which I find odd I don't know if it's a feature of my new motherboard or something MSI Z Gaming I have the correct time and date settings on my pc and I have not installed an AV yet I'm also getting help from reddit but no one has responded back with any new solutions in quite some time now Should I just reinstall my OS That would be a lot quicker I just don't want to because it's a new SSD but also I may have the same problem again idk

A:Can't run Windows Update on newly installed Windows 8.1. Error code: 80072EE2

Solved it myself! Only took half the day... All I did was just delete all files and folders in my temp folder and suddenly poofff! like magic I could access the internet and I can update windows. I'm installing updates right now hopefully once I restart my computer it'll still work!
Here is where I found the solution
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1946566/laptop-connection-shows-connected-access-internet-application.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559647/cant-run-windows-update-on-newly-installed-windows-81-error-code-80072ee2/
Relevancy 72.24%

all you have to do to fix this ^^^^ is to install a program called Tweaking.com - Windows Repair I think its up to version 3.2 or 2.2 or sumthing so install that and in the subsection repairs, unchek all other boxes except repair windows update and let it do its thing, I searched for months to try and fix this to no avail n then came across this by accident and fixed it after one restart, I hope this saves a lot of ball ache and fruitless searchin I specialy made this account to post this fix. ATTACHED IS A SCREENSHOT OF THE PROGRAM I MENTIONED

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/382093-windows-update-error-code-800b0001-windows-7-ultimate-64bit.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello and good day to everyone on the Forum I can't Error XP install of and I 0x8024400A fresh update: access windows I Windows a did was hoping I could get some help with regards to my HP Pavilion Media Center Desktop I recently had to perform a clean fresh install of Windows XP using the system recovery disks that came with my computer Once everything has been re-installed my computer is equipped with Windows XP Media Center Edition and Internet Explorer with Service Pack The I did a fresh install of Windows XP and I can't access windows update: Error 0x8024400A problem I m having is once I go into Windows Update to re-install all the necessary updates I did a fresh install of Windows XP and I can't access windows update: Error 0x8024400A I receive the message The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view - Error Number x A No updates are shown or given to me Also not sure if it helps but my recovery disks come with Norton Internet Security which is outdated So I m not sure if this is causing some kind of conflict Or maybe I m doing something wrong when I m performing the clean fresh install of Windows XP Any help would be greatly appreciated Also please keep in mind that my computer skills are average at best Thanking everyone in advance for their time and patience

A:I did a fresh install of Windows XP and I can't access windows update: Error 0x8024400A

Check to make sure the clock and date are set right first. Windows Update doesn't like messed up times.Otherwise use UVK and go to system repair, and repair windows update. Very useful tool I use all the time with the computers I see.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/473156/i-did-a-fresh-install-of-windows-xp-and-i-cant-access-windows-update-error-0x8024400a/
Relevancy 72.24%

hi My OS is Windows Professional -bit Unable to update any file from windows update Same error code F occurs and Windows could not search for new updates Whereas my internet connection is working fine and i able to browse and download from internet Also tried Microsoft Fix it and it says Repair windows update components After applying it still same error occurs Even disabled AVG Internet Security and still same problem Here is the log detail from windowsupdate log - - b AU START working not Error Professional. Windows is Windows 7 code in 8024402F update AU Search for updates - - b AU - - b AU lt lt SUBMITTED AU Search for updates CallId CB F- - E-A A-D B C A - - e Agent - - e Agent START Windows update is not working in Windows 7 Professional. Error code 8024402F Agent Finding updates CallerId AutomaticUpdates - - e Agent - - e Agent Online Yes Ignore download priority No - - e Agent Criteria quot Windows update is not working in Windows 7 Professional. Error code 8024402F IsInstalled and DeploymentAction Installation or IsPresent and DeploymentAction Uninstallation or IsInstalled and Windows update is not working in Windows 7 Professional. Error code 8024402F DeploymentAction Installation and RebootRequired or IsInstalled and DeploymentAction Uninstallation and RebootRequired quot - - e Agent ServiceID F -A - - - A D EFE D Third party service - - e Agent Search Scope Machine - - e Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C muv wuredir cab - - e Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - e Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C muv wuredir cab - - e Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - e Agent Checking for updated auth cab for service f -a - - - a d efe d at http download windowsupdate com v microsoftupdate redir muauth cab - - e Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution AuthCabs authcab cab - - e Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - e Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution AuthCabs authcab cab - - e Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - e Setup Checking for agent SelfUpdate - - e Setup Client version Core Aux - - e Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C muv wuredir cab - - e Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - e Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C muv wuredir cab - - e Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - e Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution SelfUpdate wuident cab - - e Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - e Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution SelfUpdate wuident cab - - e Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - e Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution SelfUpdate wsus setup cab - - e Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - e Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution SelfUpdate wsus setup cab - - e Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - e Setup Determining whether a new setup handler needs to be downloaded - - e Setup SelfUpdate handler is not found It will be downloaded - - e Setup Evaluating applicability of setup package quot WUClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX bf ad e x quot - - e Setup Setup package quot WUClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX bf ad e x quot is already installed - - e Setup Evaluating applicability of setup package quot WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-TopLevel bf ad e x quot - - e Setup Setup package quot WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-TopLevel bf ad e x quot is already installed - - e Setup Evaluating applicability of setup package quot WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-TopLevel bf ad e x quot - - e Setup Setup package quot WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-TopLevel bf ad e x quot is already installed - - e Setup SelfUpdate check completed SelfUpdate is NOT required - - e Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F -A - - - A D EFE D muv muredir cab - - e Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - e Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F -A - - - A D EFE D... Read more

A:Windows update is not working in Windows 7 Professional. Error code 8024402F

Press Windows+R key and typencpa.cpl and click okRight click on your LAN connection-propertiesClick on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then click Propertiesclick on Use the following DNS server addresses, and then, in the Preferred DNS server and Alternate DNS server boxes, type the addresses of the primary and secondary DNS servers.PREFERRED 4.2.2.1ALTERNATE 4.2.2.2Restart the PC Let me know if you can update now

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/461739/windows-update-is-not-working-in-windows-7-professional-error-code-8024402f/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello my computer has been dead for the last few days so to speak For Update (?) and on wrong - drive Windows Error installed Windows BSOD two days ago I turned Windows Error and BSOD - Windows Update installed on wrong drive (?) on my computer - it started up just like any other day I saw the Desktop and bang blue screen of death This has not happened since I installed Windows on my new SSD Harddisk I'm running with two disks one SSD for Windows and a HDD for everything else so I simply started my computer again My computer worked just fine last weekend no problems at all I had a Windows Update and then this happened During the set-up it stopped after the Motherboard-image - I had to chose between starting Windows Normal or repair it Starting Windows normally does not help - it just give me BSOD right before or right after hitting the desktop Sometimes even before the Welcome-screen So choosing to repair Windows during the setup is the only thing I can do By doing so Windows searches for errors I get the following error codes x x and some with f's Today and yesterday I only got x which apparently stands for 'unknown' Hitting F during setup and loading Windows in safe-mode secure mode does not help either I get BSOD here as well I have tried to change the boot location different disks and from CD As a standard its booting from my harddisk - all though it's booting from the wrong disk the HDD When I'm choosing the SSD I can't get any further and I get the message quot Missing Bootmgr quot The only way to boot the computer correctly and maybe fix the missing boot manager is by booting from a Windows CD I get the same two options Normal Repair when booting from the CD though When I chose repair it seems to be fixing something - but in the end it says it couldn't find any errors I have also tried to enter the following commands into the CMD Bootrec fixmbr Bootrec fixboot Bootrec rebuildbcd The first two are completed with no errors or messages The last one is unable to find any Windows installations this happen when using both C and D I am able to use a safety backup copy which I took when I all out of sudden got access to the computer Don't ask my why or how that is however not solving the problem it's only allowing me to load the computer once When it's loading it's checking the disk first and then loading normally -- I just tried that for a few minutes ago and my screen just turned black No hardware is damaged nor wrong installed The only thing that doesn't seem to work is Windows Note I have no interest in re installing Windows - who knows maybe this problem will return tomorrow Thanks

A:Windows Error and BSOD - Windows Update installed on wrong drive (?)

Update: By booting from the disk I managed to see the desktop and I have now opened my computer in fail-secured with CMD.. oops, BSOD . Dangit.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/211707-windows-error-bsod-windows-update-installed-wrong-drive.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi For a while I have been having problems updating Windows Home Premium x using Windows Update getting the Error Code please Error Code pic attached I decided to investigate this and found this Microsoft page Windows Update error - Windows Help Tried to start BITS but got the Error Code please see BITS start error pic attached I then downloaded WindowsUpdateDiagnostic diagcab and ran it Tried first to troubleshoot and repair BITS but also some error messages surfaced please see BITS troubleshooting errors pic attached Then code x64 7 80246008, Update Windows error Home Windows Premium tried to troubleshoot and repair Windows Update but also got error messages please see Windows Update Troubleshooting errors pic attached Yesterday I did also a partial re-installation of the OS only key files using the OS image that came pre-installed with the laptop This did not work I did a fresh reinstall of the OS just some weeks ago to get rid of all Windows Update error code 80246008, Windows 7 Home Premium x64 the little bugs that had accumulated so far which makes this situation a bit more frustrating Since none of Windows Update error code 80246008, Windows 7 Home Premium x64 these things helped I did what you state on the Windows Update Posting page Ran the SURT from the Desktop and it seemed to install a file please see Hotfix for Windows message pic attached It took about mins or so to do it Did a sfc scannow from command prompt logged in as admin please see sfc scannow check results pic attached Did a system reboot Tried windows update no luck I believe I have attached everything you need EXCEPT the CBS file because it is too large The CBS file already compressed is about MB please see quot CBS folder original contents quot pic attached I deleted inside the compressed file all cabinet files except the latest one but it still ran at about MB thus making it impossible to attach it on this post So I uploaded this onto my google drive and I leave you here the link https drive google com file d B D ew usp sharing I hope this is okay I also have dropbox if that's any better If it is not please tell me how to proceed Thanks in advance pedro PS - English is not my native language I'm Portuguese and even though I've often dabbled over the internet trying to fix this or that with my laptop I'm hardly an expert on IT stuff Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/382598-windows-update-error-code-80246008-windows-7-home-premium-x64.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Windows SP I've done Windows suggested things and DSIM SURT and SFC Scan I had trouble Zipping the CheckSUR so here it is Can you encountered Update Code 800B0100 Windows : Windows unknown an 7: error help as I can't do any updates Thanks Code Checking System Update Readiness Binary Version - - Checking Windows Servicing Packages Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs f CBS MUM Corrupt x servicing Packages Microsoft-Windows-IE-Hyphenation-Parent-Package-English bf ad e mum Expected file name Microsoft-Windows-IE-Hyphenation-Parent-Package-English bf ad e neutral mum does not match the actual file name f CBS MUM Corrupt x servicing Packages Microsoft-Windows-IE-Hyphenation-Parent-Package-English bf ad e mum Expected file name Microsoft-Windows-IE-Hyphenation-Parent-Package-English bf ad e neutral mum does not match the actual file name f CBS MUM Corrupt x servicing Packages Microsoft-Windows-IE-Spelling-Parent-Package-English bf ad e mum Expected file name Microsoft-Windows-IE-Spelling-Parent-Package-English bf ad e neutral mum does not match the actual file name f CBS MUM Corrupt x servicing Packages Microsoft-Windows-IE-Spelling-Parent-Package-English bf ad e mum Expected file name Microsoft-Windows-IE-Spelling-Parent-Package-English bf ad e neutral mum does not match the actual file name f CBS MUM Corrupt x F servicing Packages WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-AuxComp bf ad e amd en-US mum Line f CBS Catalog Corrupt x B servicing Packages WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-AuxComp bf ad e amd en-US cat f CBS MUM Corrupt x F servicing Packages WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-AuxComp bf ad e amd mum Line f CBS Catalog Corrupt x B servicing Packages WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-AuxComp bf ad e amd cat f CBS MUM Corrupt x F servicing Packages WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-MiniLP bf ad e amd en-US mum Line f CBS Catalog Corrupt x B servicing Packages WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-MiniLP bf ad e amd en-US cat f CBS MUM Corrupt x F servicing Packages WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-TopLevel bf ad e amd mum Line f CBS Catalog Corrupt x B servicing Packages WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-TopLevel bf ad e amd cat f CBS MUM Corrupt x F servicing Packages WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux bf ad e amd en-US mum Line f CBS Catalog Corrupt x B servicing Packages WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux bf ad e amd en-US cat f CBS MUM Corrupt Windows 7: Code 800B0100 : Windows Update encountered an unknown error x F servicing Packages WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux bf ad e amd mum Line f CBS Catalog Corrupt x B servicing Packages WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux bf ad e amd cat Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Checking Packages Checking Component Store Summary Seconds executed Found errors CBS MUM Corrupt Total count CBS Catalog Corrupt Total count Unavailable repair files servicing packages Windows 7: Code 800B0100 : Windows Update encountered an unknown error Microsoft-Windows-IE-Hyphenation-Parent-Package-English bf ad e mum servicing packages Microsoft-Windows-IE-Hyphenation-Parent-Package-English bf ad e mum servicing packages Microsoft-Windows-IE-Spelling-Parent-Package-English bf ad e mum servicing packages Microsoft-Windows-IE-Spelling-Parent-Package-English bf ad e mum servicing packages WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-AuxComp bf ad e amd en-US mum servicing packages WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-AuxComp bf ad e amd en-US mum servicing packages WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-AuxComp bf ad e amd mum servicing packages WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-AuxComp bf ad e amd mum servicing packages WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-MiniLP bf ad e amd en-US mum servicing packages WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-MiniLP bf ad e amd en-US mum servicing packages Windows 7: Code 800B0100 : Windows Update encountered an unknown error WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-TopLevel bf ad e amd mum servicing packages WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-TopLevel bf ad e amd mum servicing packages WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux bf ad e amd en-US mum servicing packages WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux bf ad e amd en-US mum servicing packages WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux bf ad e amd mum servicing packages WUClient-SelfUpda... Read more

A:Windows 7: Code 800B0100 : Windows Update encountered an unknown error

CheckSUR actually fixed all the necessary file problems - the others are a problem in semantics, rather than reality.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/355785-windows-7-code-800b0100-windows-update-encountered-unknown-error.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello everyone I've looked around at other threads related Windows Error SP2 with Client Windows WSUS 80080005 7 Update server 3.0 to my issue and I can't seem to find a correct answer I have a computer lab that I've recently installed a Windows Enterprise image onto Dell Optiplex computers most are 's a few older 's I created the image using MDT and used one of the 's as a reference All has been well for about a month or two but recently computers are giving me Windows Update errors with the error code of I have a WSUS SP server running and all of my other computers seem to be getting their updates just fine nbsp WSUS has the problematic computers in it's database but it Windows Update Error 80080005 Windows 7 Client with WSUS 3.0 SP2 server shows that they haven't checked in for quot x quot days I have Avast Professional installed I Windows Update Error 80080005 Windows 7 Client with WSUS 3.0 SP2 server have OpenDNS configured to block bad websites etc and I also use an Untangle server to prevent access to bad websites nbsp I've ran a Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware scan on the affected computers as well as Windows Defender scan and Windows Live OneCare scans and all have found no malicious software I have also tried resetting the Windows update service as described here nbsp http support microsoft com kb nbsp as well as a script that supposedly does the same thing but also resets all previous update events but I can't find the script source right now I had ran it last week and it didn't work I'm currently running a SFC Scannow on one of the computers and now it has finished nbsp It gives the error Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service nbsp I'll have to google that next The last windows update that ran on the computer that I'm working on now was installed on - - and was a Windows Defender Update KB Def Previous to that was updates KB and KB I guess I'll have to look at all of the other machines to see if they have the same updates installed Anyway has anyone else had this problem nbsp I've seen vista home editions and RC's but no real Windows Pro RTM versions in business environments where updates were controlled by WSUS Thanks for any help that you can provide By the way I only work at this location once a week tuesdays well thursdays too but I'm next door to this building but I have remote access so bare with me on trying to fix things

A:Windows Update Error 80080005 Windows 7 Client with WSUS 3.0 SP2 server

Alright, I re-attempted to run the "SFC /scannow" command under a Administrator Command Prompt window, and got this error:
"SFC /scannow error message: Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service"
I searched around a bit, and found a suggestion to check that the TrustedInstaller/Windows Module Installer is running.
When trying to start the Windows Module Installer, I get this error: 

Windows Modules Installer - Error 1450 Insufficient System Resources
What a fun problem this is turning out to be.  I'd like
to just re-image these computers, but I fear that it'll just happen again and I'm wondering why it's only a handful of computers that are affected, yet I have over 65 machines that were all installed from the same exact image.

I'll keep poking along trying to find something that fixes this darn issue.  If anybody comes up with any ideas, I'll gladly try them.  Thanks!

Just found this: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/42e2a200-defe-4c6b-a1b3-606836dcfabb
and I'm trying the suggestion to set the registry limit size to "no limit" (setting hex value of 0xfffffff) to see if it works.  If it gets the sfc to run, it might fix my windows update issue as well.
I have ArcGIS installed on 25 of the lab machines, and according to the link that I posted above, others have experienced problems after installing the ArcGIS software.  Hopefully I'm getting somewhere!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8d4ebdf4-9f69-4505-a7e2-0f2e1c6debb8/windows-update-error-80080005-windows-7-client-with-wsus-30-sp2-server?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 72.24%

Getting below error when tried to do windows update from windows prof client Troubleshooting steps performed below didn't fixed the issue Error An error occurred while checking for nbsp new updates for your computer Error code this issue guidance 7 error fix to professional Windows client.Seeking windows 80072EE2,in update EE windows Windows update error 80072EE2,in windows 7 professional client.Seeking guidance to fix this issue update client version Steps performed Method net stop wuauserv Windows update error 80072EE2,in windows 7 professional client.Seeking guidance to fix this issue ren c windows SoftwareDistribution softwaredistribution old net start Windows update error 80072EE2,in windows 7 professional client.Seeking guidance to fix this issue wuauserv Method Start gt type cmd in start search gt right click run as administrator Copy and paste the command below as given net stop wuauserv - OK cd systemroot - OK ren SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution old - Duplicate file found so changed it to old net start wuauserv - OK net stop bits - The BITS service is not started message net start bits - OK net stop cryptsvc - OK cd systemroot system - OK ren catroot catroot old - Duplicate file found so changed it to old net start cryptsvc - OK regsvr Softpub dll s - OK regsvr Wintrust dll s - OK regsvr Initpki dll s - OK regsvr Mssip dll s - OK Restart the computer Success Windows update now working Method sfc scannow WSUS server synchronization successful from upstream server and client communication to WSUS server is verified through downloading nbsp http mksasps iuident cab nbsp nbsp this link in client Windows update log - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp f c nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PT nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp WARNING Cached cookie has expired or new nbsp PID is available - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp f c nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PT nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Initializing simple targeting cookie clientId ee -f e - -a a - f ac target group MKS-Workstations DNS name mksdt na ad crbard com - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp f c nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PT nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Server URL http mksasps SimpleAuthWebService SimpleAuth asmx - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp f c nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Misc nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp WARNING Send failed with hr ee - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp f c nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Misc nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp WARNING SendRequest failed with hr ee Proxy List used lt null gt Bypass List used lt null gt Auth Schemes used lt gt - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp f c nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Misc nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp FATAL SOAP WinHttp - SendRequest SendRequestUsingProxy failed error x ee - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp f c nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PT nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Last proxy send request failed with hr x EE HTTP status code - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp f c nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PT nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Caller provided credentials No - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbs... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2aedf679-8084-4740-aeb1-18cdf176c1c7/windows-update-error-80072ee2in-windows-7-professional-clientseeking-guidance-to-fix-this-issue?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 72.24%

Getting below error when tried to do windows update from windows prof client Troubleshooting steps performed below didn't fixed the issue Error An error occurred while checking for nbsp new updates for your computer Error code EE windows update client version Steps performed Method net stop wuauserv ren c windows SoftwareDistribution softwaredistribution old net start wuauserv Method Start gt type cmd in start search gt right click run as administrator Copy issue 7 to update windows client.Seeking guidance Windows this 80072EE2,in professional error fix and paste the command below as given net stop wuauserv - OK cd systemroot - OK ren SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution old - Duplicate file found so changed it to old net start wuauserv - OK net stop bits - The BITS service is not started message net start bits - OK net stop cryptsvc - OK cd systemroot system - OK ren catroot catroot old - Duplicate file found so changed it to old net start cryptsvc - OK regsvr Softpub dll s - OK regsvr Wintrust dll s - OK regsvr Initpki dll s - OK regsvr Mssip dll Windows update error 80072EE2,in windows 7 professional client.Seeking guidance to fix this issue s - OK Restart the computer Success Windows update now working Method sfc scannow WSUS server synchronization successful from upstream server and client communication to WSUS server is verified through downloading nbsp http mksasps iuident cab nbsp nbsp this link in client Windows update log - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp f c nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PT nbsp nbsp Windows update error 80072EE2,in windows 7 professional client.Seeking guidance to fix this issue nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp WARNING Cached cookie has expired or new nbsp PID is available - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp f c nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PT nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Initializing simple targeting cookie clientId ee -f e - -a a - f ac target group MKS-Workstations DNS name mksdt na ad crbard com - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp f c nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PT nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Server URL http mksasps SimpleAuthWebService SimpleAuth asmx - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp f c nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Misc nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp WARNING Send failed with hr ee - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp f c nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Misc nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp WARNING SendRequest failed with hr ee Proxy List used lt null gt Bypass List used lt null gt Auth Schemes used lt gt - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp f c nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Misc nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp FATAL SOAP WinHttp - SendRequest SendRequestUsingProxy failed error x ee - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp f c nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PT nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Last proxy send request failed with hr x EE HTTP status code - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp f c nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PT nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Caller provided credentials No - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp f c nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PT nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6dcc891a-45a2-4f1b-b2a4-132313b571f4/windows-update-error-80072ee2in-windows-7-professional-clientseeking-guidance-to-fix-this-issue?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 72.24%

I cannot download this particular Windows update-Windows Vista Service Pack KB I didn t figure that out until today when I went to reset Windows updates from auto to manual When I looked at the log this file shows failed over and over from way back in until now So is this file important Should it be downloaded Pack Vista Service 8007002-Windows Solved: (KB936330) 1 Windows Update Error to my PC If the answer is no then disregard the rest of this post But if the answer is yes any help would be appreciated If yes then I need some help I am using the directions at http windows microsoft com en-US windows-vista Windows-Update-error- to fix Solved: Windows Update Error 8007002-Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (KB936330) error But I get Solved: Windows Update Error 8007002-Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (KB936330) stuck at the double click on DataStore folder I cannot gain access I am using administrator Adobe can t read it The message I get is- quot Adobe Reader could not open DataStore edb because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged quot When I ran Filecure it indicated quot no problems quot So I am at a loss as to how to access the files so I can delete them per directions at link provided nbsp

A:Solved: Windows Update Error 8007002-Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (KB936330)

Ok, a lot of you have looked at this question, but nobody has responded. Is it because it's not an important update? Or is it too old a problem (going back to 4/09)? Or some other reason? I can't believe no one knows the answer to my question since I've asked much more obscure questions in the past and gotten answers. So PLEASE, if someone could clarify what I'm dealing with I would offer techie sainthood upon you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-update-error-8007002-windows-vista-service-pack-1-kb936330.988917/
Relevancy 72.24%

Have been facing very weird issues with microsoft websites since today morning. None of the microsoft websites open on my tablet Windows 8.1 and laptop windows 8.1 since today morning. Even my Windows Update and store have stopped working. Surprisingly all those websites open on my other Windows 7 laptop.
Tried to Refresh Windows 8.1 on my tablet from the settings. Still getting the same Windows update error. Now when i try to activate my Office 365 subscription on my tablet, the website does not open.
I am using the same net connection on all my devices through my home wifi router.

A:Windows 8.1 Update Error 8024402c / None of the Microsoft websites open on Windows 8.1 devices. What could be wrong?

Please check below link maybe it can help you. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...1-f1a2d8c308ba

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-8/365789-windows-8-1-update-error-8024402c-none-microsoft-websites-open-windows-8-1-devices-what-could-wrong.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Recently got this error and re-installed Windows After downloading some of the updates not all at once or anything like that but I think a of them and installing the updates I restarted and the computer froze while updating windows I decided to go to work and leave it like that in case it was just taking longer or something like that but when I came home it was still at the same screen After restarting it I tried to restore it to a previous point before Update Windows Startup Drivers error 7 Offline after Windows No the updates but that didnt work and finally was forced into system repair which tried several times but never succeeded until finally it threw this error I googled the error and was brought here I downloaded and ran Farbar System Recovery Tool x and ran the scan and saved the log I've uploaded the log file instead of Windows 7 Startup Offline No Drivers error after Windows Update copying it into the window and making it the post a mile long Please help me out on what to do next and whats going on with my laptop I've had to borrow my mom's to repair mine after relying on it when my desktop's mobo finally went out and I use my laptop for work and scheduling Mod Edit Removed FRST log attachment not allowed or Windows 7 Startup Offline No Drivers error after Windows Update used in this forum seemingly not applicable to problem - Hamluis Thanks in advance for any help guys

A:Windows 7 Startup Offline No Drivers error after Windows Update

I don't understand why a mod removed my FRST log attachment when all the posts on this forum requested logs be posted to determine more about the problem?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496089/windows-7-startup-offline-no-drivers-error-after-windows-update/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi,

the Update above won't install on my machine. I tried several fixes - Microsoft FixIt, complete deinstallation - but nothing helps. Everything thing else (updates) works fine, after the deinstallation of Microsoft .NET Framework the Microsoft Security Essentials Update popped up (didn't before, but I did simultaneously remove my Avast! AV)

1. I have tried to run the System Readiness Tool - error 0x8007000d. (Try to fix that atm with Microsoft help routine)

2. Did run several sfc /scannow, it reports some corrupted system files that it cannot fix and I had to run it 3 times before reaching 100%, due to holds. CBS Log is attached.

P. S. Several reboots - no change.

A:Windows 7 64 - Windows .NET Update KB2972211 - Error Code 800737

Update 1: Got the SRT to work with the MS fix, logs attached.

- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth needed two tries
- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth didn't work (error code 87)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/350589-windows-7-64-windows-net-update-kb2972211-error-code-800737-a.html
Relevancy 72.24%

when attempting to do Windows update or open Windows Firewall receiving errors. attached a screen shot of the messages. Is there a virus/malware that my current anti-virus software is not picking up?

A:Windows Firewall error 0x6D9 and Windows update not running

Hi & to Bleeping Computer Forums!My name is Jürgen and I will be assisting you with your Malware related problems. Before we move on, please read the following points carefully: My native language isn't English. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.Please read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding.Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one.If you have any problems while you are follow my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem.Do not run any other scans without instruction or Add/ Remove Software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me.Post all Logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts.If I don't hear from you within 5 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.If I don't reply within 24 hours please PM me!Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean.Step 1Please run a FRST scan. This will help us diagnose your problem.Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.(If you are not sure which version (32-/64-bit) applies to your system, download and try to start both of them as just the right one will run.)Start FRST with administator privileges.Make sure the option Addition.txt is checked and press the Scan button.When finished, FRST will produce two logs (FRST.txt and Addition.txt) in the same directory the tool was run from.Please copy and paste these logs in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/570040/windows-firewall-error-0x6d9-and-windows-update-not-running/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello im new Windows + Windows 0x8007000D SGS3 Update 8.1 ERROR - CODE member on this forum please do not be bad for me I really need yours help I have Windows PRO x bit SK Slovakian Language Interface Update and Samsung Galaxy S GT-I Android Ver Jelly Bean My problem is Windows doesn t see my smartphone when i connect the USB cable to the phone and the computer Windows Update ERROR CODE 0x8007000D - Windows 8.1 + SGS3 I dont have installed Samsung KIES because i trying to install KIES SW yesterday and i hope this Windows Update ERROR CODE 0x8007000D - Windows 8.1 + SGS3 can may help me but i was wrong and kies phone absolutely not seen and not recognized Trying to update drivers SAMSUNG Electronics Co Ltd - Other hardware - SAMSUNG Mobile MTP Device and SAMSUNG Electronics Co Ltd - Other hardware - SAMSUNG Mobile USB Composite Device via device manager and nothing to do i got error message this device driver was not recognized I am disappointed and already got desperated because i surf across and search the entire google and try many tricks that would help me to teoretically but none of that helped me because it did not work I really need your help guys big THX to any solved answers or issue of solutions SRRY for my english i think is not so good Sample images

A:Windows Update ERROR CODE 0x8007000D - Windows 8.1 + SGS3

Hi Jesper & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

I apologize for this delayed response. There are not many BSOD Analyzers here and hence sometimes we do get overwhelmed.
It appears that you are not experiencing any Blue Screens but are having problem regarding the Windows Update. I suggest you to post your problem in this section of the forum :-

General Support - Windows 8 Forums

Anyways, have you tried to check whether your phone is recognized over some other PC?

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/49911-windows-update-error-code-0x8007000d-windows-8-1-sgs3.html
Relevancy 72.24%

My computer will not not update I have tried all the error fix programs and still have problem.

Error codes 80070BC9 and 9C59. Thank you for any help you can give attached is my cbs file.

Thank you Mark

A:How fix windows update error codes 80070BC9 and 9C59 Windows 7

You have some serious problems in the CBS background...

Code:
2013-12-22 21:41:37, Info CSI 00000004 IAdvancedInstallerAwareStore_ResolvePendingTransactions (call 1) (flags = 00000004, progress = NULL, phase = 0, pdwDisposition = @0x183fbd0
2013-12-22 21:41:37, Info CSI 00000005 Creating NT transaction (seq 1), objectname [6]"(null)"
2013-12-22 21:41:37, Info CSI 00000006 Created NT transaction (seq 1) result 0x00000000, handle @0x1f4
2013-12-22 21:41:37, Error CSI 00000007 (F) STATUS_RM_NOT_ACTIVE #155# from Windows::Rtl::SystemImplementation::DirectRegistryProvider::SysOpenKey(flg = (AllowAccessDenied), key = {provider=NULL, handle=0}, da = (KEY_SET_VALUE|KEY_WOW64_64KEY), oa = @0x183eeb0->OBJECT_ATTRIBUTES {s:48; rd:NULL; on:[28]"\Registry\Machine\COMPONENTS"; a:(OBJ_CASE_INSENSITIVE)}, disp = Unmapped disposition: 25423440 (0x0183ee50))[gle=0xd0190005]
2013-12-22 21:41:37, Error CSI [email protected]/12/23:02:41:37.475 (F) d:\win7sp1_gdr\base\wcp\sil\merged\ntu\ntsystem.cpp(3676): Error STATUS_RM_NOT_ACTIVE originated in function Windows::Rtl::SystemImplementation::DirectRegistryProvider::SysOpenKey expression: (null)
[gle=0x80004005]
I can't find any SFC results anywhere?- what error message did you get when you ran it?

The CheckSUR appears to have completed in a non-standard manner of some kind - the summary is missing.

This would all tend towards the conclusion that you have some fairly major corruption present..

I suspect that a repair install is going to be your best option.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/315940-how-fix-windows-update-error-codes-80070bc9-9c59-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello,

Trying to install the Windows 7 Service pack 1 but i keep getting this error (800B0100)

Can't find a way to get it working, can you please help me?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/402189-windows-7-x64-800b0100-windows-update-error-logs-inside.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello my Windows Update is not working it returns the error It has been like this for several months I tried to do sfc scannow but it says quot beginning system scan This process will take some time quot and seconds help Windows Update error 80073712 (sfc, working) feature, not windows after it says quot Windows Resource Protection could not preform the requested operation quot My Windows Help and Support doesn't work either as Windows Update error 80073712 (sfc, windows feature, help not working) well as my Windows Features when I open quot Turn Windows features on Windows Update error 80073712 (sfc, windows feature, help not working) and off quot it returns a blank box I also tried the quot Windows -KB -v -x msu quot but it does not repair the error I also scanned my system with Malwarebytes Antimalware and avast to see if it was a malware or virus but i do not find anything In the other hand my date and time is working as well as my search box I do not know what I have to do I have a Windows Ultimate x Thank you for your help PS I also tried some other things but I do not remember anymore what they were

A:Windows Update error 80073712 (sfc, windows feature, help not working)

Pleasefollow the WindowsUpdate Posting Instructions and post the requested data

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/305813-windows-update-error-80073712-sfc-windows-feature-help-not-working.html
Relevancy 72.24%

can anyone pls help me this one thanks..i tried resetting the updates still no luck

A:Windows 7: Windows Update Error 800B0100 - Updates KB29433

Please also post the C:\Windows\windowsudpate.log file

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/377112-windows-7-windows-update-error-800b0100-updates-kb29433.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I have Hp Pavillian, Windows 7 Home Premium Edition, 64bit system.
Everytime Windows downloads Windows updates, it is successfull downloading and installing, however, I then get a message saying: Failure configuring Windows Updates, Reverting Changes, Do Not turn off your computer.

I have gotten Windows Fixit for Windows Updates and installed....but that does not clear up the problem.
I have not wanted to use Restore feature of Windows 7, since I have installed many critical programs that I use.
Is there any other solution out in Cyberspace that will help resolve the "Failure Configuring Windows Updats".
Thank you
Dieter

Relevancy 72.24%

I have SP1-windows won't Solved: XP error update Windows install 0X80070005 never had a problem before with windows updates however It says I need to download that windows validation tool so I click on it to download and install and it goes through everything like it should then says it failed to Solved: Windows XP SP1-windows update won't install error 0X80070005 install times now it comes up error X I went through the thing where Microsoft is suppose to help you they get info and then help you solve it I stilll haven t heard a thing from them The funny part is that I downloaded the windows defender Microsoft Antispyware and to do so I had to go throught the windows validation and no problem it went through it and I downloaded it Is that the same thing as this windows update anyway I can t find error X can anyone help because I got thinking that I haven t had any windows updates for awhile I wonder if I can t get any until I get this downloaded Any help would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Windows XP SP1-windows update won't install error 0X80070005

See if the WGADiag2.exe WGA Diagnostic Tool mentioned on this Microsoft site helps.
Error Code on Windows update.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-xp-sp1-windows-update-wont-install-error-0x80070005.454201/
Relevancy 72.24%

Windows Update Service Not Running Error Windows Update cannot currently check for updates because the service is not running a restart may be required This is an Acer Iconia W Windows Pro -bit tablet PC Automatic Windows Updates worked for a while then quit working with the error posted in the subject The system is running Symantec Endpoint Protection v and I have insured that the usual problematic advanced settings of quot Enable OS fingerprint masquerading quot and quot enable stealth mode browsing quot are turned 7 32bit Update Service - Not Running Windows Windows Error off I attempted the automatic Windows quot fixit quot Windows 7 32bit - Windows Update Service Not Running Error function with Windows 7 32bit - Windows Update Service Not Running Error no sucess I have verified that the required services as outlined in other posts on this same topic are indeed running I applied the recommended hotfix for -bit Windows at KB to install the System Update Readiness Tool which installed I then ran in an ECP sfc scannow which ran to with the message quot Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations quot Attached is a zipped copy of the CBS subdirectory of Windows logs Here is the result of an FSS scan Code Farbar Service Scanner Version - - Ran by gelinasrc administrator on - - at Running from quot C Users gelinasrc Downloads quot Windows Professional Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Connection Status Localhost is accessible LAN connected Google IP is accessible Google com is accessible Yahoo IP is accessible Yahoo com is accessible Windows Firewall Firewall Disabled Policy System Restore System Restore Disabled Policy Action Center Windows Update Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy Windows Defender Other Services File Check C Windows system nsisvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers nsiproxy sys gt MD is legit C Windows system dhcpcore dll gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers afd sys gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers tdx sys gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers tcpip sys gt MD is legit C Windows system dnsrslvr dll gt MD is legit C Windows system mpssvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows system bfe dll gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers mpsdrv sys gt MD is legit C Windows system SDRSVC dll gt MD is legit C Windows system vssvc exe gt MD is legit C Windows system wscsvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows system wbem WMIsvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows system wuaueng dll gt MD is legit C Windows system qmgr dll gt MD is legit C Windows system es dll gt MD is legit C Windows system cryptsvc dll gt MD is legit C Program Files Windows Defender MpSvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows system ipnathlp dll gt MD is legit C Windows system iphlpsvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows system svchost exe gt MD is legit C Windows system rpcss dll gt MD is legit End of log I hope I have included enough to allow you to assist me in rectifying this extremely annoying problem Thanx Rawl

A:Windows 7 32bit - Windows Update Service Not Running Error

Try this first - while I take a look at the logs.....

Open Windows Update
Click on Change Settings
Select 'Never Update...'
Click OK
exit Windows Update
Now open Windows update again
Click on Change Settings
Select 'Update automatically'
Click OK
exit Windows Update
Open Windows Update, and do a manual Check for Updates.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/270420-windows-7-32bit-windows-update-service-not-running-error.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi,
Running IE 9 and tried to update to IE 11. Said I needed to update my Windows 7, 64 to SP1. found the update and attempted to install. Install failed and message said "restart your computer and try again" tried again and it failed again. Now Windows Update cannot update the PC, error message says "cannot update while files are in use"

I'm at a loss on how to fix this, any help is greatly appreciated

Paul
Windows 7 Home Premium, 64bit
Acer Aspire 7745 Laptop

A:Windows 7 SP1 update failed, causing Windows Update errors

Well; one thing i can tell ya is that when it says cannot update while files in are in use basically means you need to restart your system. Try restarting and see what happens. It may tell you either when the system is in the process of restarting; that its configuring updates. Do not do a hard power down as that can cause even more issues while its updating.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/340649-windows-7-sp1-update-failed-causing-windows-update-errors.html
Relevancy 71.81%

So i found this article Windows 10 Installs Automatically On Windows 7 And Windows 8 - Forbes which says to use this Download Windows 10 Technical Preview - Microsoft Windows. My question is well this windows 10 update delete or change my Recovery partition to win10. if i dont like it id like to use the recovery partition to go back to win7. also does Microsoft know what software or what u do on win 10 tech preview.

im installing this on my pc i use everyday i know they say not to but its time for a reinstall of win7 and i thought id try win10

A:Windows 10 Technical Preview Update thru Win7's windows update

Don`t do it on your Windows 7 machine. Uninstall the update and hide it, if that`s what you mean.

Installing 10 to your W7 partition should have no affect on your recovery partition, but I wouldn`t chance it, no way.

Install Windows 10 on a separate drive, first unplugging the W7 drive, they do not dual boot well together.

Install 10 in a VM if you really want to look at it, it is nothing special and not worth the effort.

Windows 10 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/365364-windows-10-technical-preview-update-thru-win7s-windows-update.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello I beg to anyone who can help for my Errors windows windows update update and messenger live me out My computer simply wont download Errors for my windows update and windows live messenger update any windows update Errors for my windows update and windows live messenger update program If I try to go the windows upgrade website and Errors for my windows update and windows live messenger update actually find the program I need i click on the quot DONWLOAD quot button however before the software downloads the webpage goes blank and it tells me that i have and internet connection problem when its working fine and at top speed I tried using IE Firefox and its the same thing Ive read in other forums that I need the windows updates to install the new windows live messenger but I cant download any upgrade form the windows upgrade website The disconnection or offline blank page appears every time I click any DOWNLOAD button I know that the page isnt being blocked by my AVAST anti-virus program Secondly when i log to MSN and click the link to get the windows live update I get the installation menu and it starts downloading but it always stops around and tells the same error x When i click the link that takes you to the solution problem in g live website guess what I cant open the webpage because my it says that the page cant be opened due to my Internet connection I dont know if its because of a configurated program in my computer that keeps blocking me or if its something else I appreciate anyone who can help me out with mi problem

A:Errors for my windows update and windows live messenger update

try here click here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/220617/errors-for-my-windows-update-and-windows-live-messenger-update/