Windows Support Forum

Issues with internet connectivity on Windows 7

Q: Issues with internet connectivity on Windows 7

I have been having an issue for about a week now with my internet 7 Windows connectivity with Issues internet on connection on my PC I could surf the net for hours or Issues with internet connectivity on Windows 7 post in forums for an unlimited amount of time with no connection issues But as soon as I try to play an online game or stream a video song or even download something I seem to get frequent disconnects It s only temporary for example I could log into WoW and for about - seconds everything is fine Then I see a bit of lag and I get disconnected but I can log back in immediately My disconnect doesn t seem to last longer than second If I am buffering a video on YouTube it sometimes stops halfway through and I need to reload the page to get it to start buffering again I did a full clean on my PC with some help from others on this website and after running some programs Broni mentioned that he doesn t see anything malicious on my computer What else could be causing Issues with internet connectivity on Windows 7 these issues Please help nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Issues with internet connectivity on Windows 7

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Issues with internet connectivity on Windows 7

Specs on the PC?
What OS is in there?
How much RAM?
How fast is the CPU?
Size of HDD?
Network Rated Speed on there?
Wired?
Wireless?
Desktop or Laptop?
How old is the PC?
Your Internet Service Speed for download and upload?
What do you have? Cable or DSL?
What has changed prior to this issue?
Also see below:

System Issues
When last did you check the system out for issues?
Clear the Cache/History for the Brower
HDD Defrag
Scan for pest (Malware) on the HD?
How you ever clean out this box?
Check the vents make sure there are no dust or anything blocking the vents / fans?

Router. When was the last time you did a power cycle, means you turn it on and off.
Modem the same as above.

If on Windows PC if you can get to the Dos Prompt right click on that icon then select Run as Admin.
Type:
ipconfig /flushdns
nbtstat -R
netsh int reset all
netsh int ip reset
netsh winsock reset

reboot your PC

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issues-with-internet-connectivity-on-windows-7.197493/
Relevancy 70.09%

There is some internet connectivity problems in my laptop. I am using the connection of one cable internet providers in Ontario named Acanac-Inc Toronto. My Os version is windows 8.1 64 bit. Now get in to the issue. The internet status is showing connected and also showing internet access. But when we browse it shows connection time out. I tried different troubleshooting methods. But nothing works. Can somebody give a solution for this? Thank you

A:Internet connectivity issues in windows 8.1

Can you ping yahoo.com or google.com?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/72800-internet-connectivity-issues-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I am here to discuss some internet connectivity issues with my laptop. I bought it before 1 month. I contacted my internet provider in Ontario and discussed this issue. There is no issues with the connectivity. They told me, in some cases the connectivity issues may happen in windows 10. How can i rectify this problem? If anyone know about this, please help me with the suitable solution. There is no problem with the drivers or network adapters. I have already checked all those things. What can be the other possible reasons?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/44755-internet-connectivity-issues-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi everyone.

Last week I bought a new Dell Inspiron 5520 laptop with Windows 8 on it.

In the 8 days I've had it it's been connected to the Internet 5 hours tops. Otherwise I get a limited connection and when troubleshooting I'm told the Wi-Fi IP is invalid.

I've tried nearly everything:

I've reset winsock, ipv4 and ipv6 3 times, I've uninstalled the McAfee antivirus just in case, I've fiddled with the adapter settings as suggested by someone (I've unticked everything besides Client for MS Networks, QoS Packet Scheduler, File and Printer Sharing, protocol for ipv4 and ipv6) and then reset winsock, ipv4 and ipv6 and did an ipconfig/release and ipconfig/renew. NONE of that has solved the problem permanently. The only case that had an immediate yet not permanent result was fiddling with adapter settings...

Please help me...

A:Internet Connectivity Issues with Windows 8

Run the McAfee Removal Tool.

Exactly the same problem with both ethernet and with Wi-Fi, right?

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connectivity-issues-with-windows-8.1101123/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello,
Yesterday I upgraded from Windows 8 to 8.1 on my Dell Studio XPS PC. Everything was working fine until the update completed. Now the only browser that works is IE 11. The only web sites that will work on Opera, Chrome, and Firefox are Google sites. I tried uninstalling and re-installing Chrome but no luck. Also I have HMA VPN and that will not connect as well. Seems like any app that connects to the internet will not work. It will connect to my internal NAS and network at home.
Note that my connection is a wired connection.
I had Windows firewall turned off in Windows 8 and it is still turned off in 8.1.

A:Windows 8.1 Issues with Internet Connectivity

Not sure what the specific source of your problem is here but I'm guessing that the default search engine for IE11 is Bing and you may be using Google for the others. If so, check out this article and see if it helps.
Good luck.

Google is broken in IE11 on Windows 8.1 [updated]

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/33501-windows-8-1-issues-internet-connectivity.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello all,

I have recently got a new windows 8 os computer and i have been having internet connectivity issues since then.

I had a old computer before with windows xp and never had this much trouble staying connected to the internet.

Every few minutes the internet gets disconnected and or shows limited connection. Sometimes even if its connected it doesn't open internet pages or is too slow.

I would immensely appreciate any help that i could get i am very frustrated right now as i cant even return the computer :(

thank you!

A:Windows 8 Internet connectivity issues

You didn't say, but I assume you are connecting wirelessly?
Please provide all of the information from this link Pre-posting Requirements - for both Wired and Wireless Connectivity Issues and including your ipconfig log and a screenshot of WiFi Inspector.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/windows-8-internet-connectivity-issues-761857.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Okay so I've talked to Cox tech support numerous times so far. They're showing now problems with the modem or anything on their side.
Internet was working fine then just stopped. Ethernet indicator light on my cpu was solid orange. I bought a new pci express network adapter. Still didn't work! Then I went and bought a wifi USB network adapter. Still didn't work!!
Ethernet cable indicator lights on the back of the modem and on my cpu shows the green indicator lights both flashing green.
I've never encountered this problem before and I'm stumped. Any help or comments would be appreciated.

Also I upgraded to windows 10 about 2 weeks ago. So I don't think that's the issue Bc it's been working fine.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

A:Windows 10 - Internet connectivity issues!

can we see an ipconfig /all
also do a tcp/ip reset

ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the information above those entries

For Windows 8 or Windows 10
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/
Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10

For Windows Vista through to Windows 10
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on the screen )​
For Windows 8 & 10
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold and red for the following commands.
Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log and press enter

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log and press enter
​ReStart (reboot) the machine.

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested above
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen )​Please note and post back - if you receive the following message :-
Access is Denied
This error will occur with windows 8 and windows 10 , so ignore.

please post back the results in a reply here - its important we know that these commands have worked correctly and not produced any errors
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Details also here
http://support... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-10-internet-connectivity-issues.1153719/
Relevancy 70.09%

All of a sudden I have no Internet connection. I am connected to my wifi and status seems to be fine but I can not access any Web pages. It says the site can't be reached server dns address could not be found. I tried releasing and renewing ipconfig and resetting winsock. I'm not sure if I got a virus or if something is just wrong with the computer. Sometimes the Internet comes back for a minute or hour and then goes away again. Any help would be much appreciated.
Using Windows 7 64 bit home premium with service pack 1.i use avg virus protection.

A:Windows 7 Internet connectivity issues

My apologies.. 'Icon fog' was a typo should have said ipconfig *

Mod Edit:  I fixed - Hamluis.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/616417/windows-7-internet-connectivity-issues/
Relevancy 69.66%

I'm in the process of fixing a laptop for my friend. It's a Sony Vaio Model VGN-FJ370. I formatted the HD and installed Windows XP SP2 32 bit. Of course I ended up with a bunch of missing drivers. Went through them one by one and got them all installed. The Local Area Connection says connected and the Internet Gateway also says connected. I'm hooked up through an Ethernet to a portable router. The TCIP settings are set to obtain the IP address and DNS address automatically. I've already done a bunch of troubleshooting. Wondering what else I can do that I haven't done already. I've tried messing with the network settings, I've done the netsh winsock reset. If there's any info you need that I haven't provided just let me know. Any other ideas or suggested would be great. Thank you.

A:Windows XP SP2 Internet Connectivity Issues - Any Ideas Please

Where did all these drivers come from ? ?I hope not Windows Updates...Also you should install SP3.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,150570.0.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I'm in the process of fixing a laptop for my friend. It's a Sony Vaio Model VGN-FJ370. I formatted the HD and installed Windows XP SP2 32 bit. Of course I ended up with a bunch of missing drivers. Went through them one by one and got them all installed.

The Local Area Connection says connected and the Internet Gateway also says connected. I'm hooked up through an Ethernet to a portable router. The TCIP settings are set to obtain the IP address and DNS address automatically.

I've already done a bunch of troubleshooting. Wondering what else I can do that I haven't done already. I've tried messing with the network settings, I've done the netsh winsock reset. If there's any info you need that I haven't provided just let me know. Any other ideas or suggested would be great. Thank you.

A:Solved: Windows XP SP2 Internet Connectivity Issues - Any Ideas Please

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-xp-sp2-internet-connectivity-issues-any-ideas-please.1147909/
Relevancy 61.92%

ok let me start by saying I am NOT a technical person at all I bought a Toshiba laptop recently and connectivity pages and windows issues (internet are"limited" 8 load connections won't connected windows 8 connectivity issues (internet connections are"limited" and pages won't load to a public wifi as I don t have home internet yet this is not the laptop I am using right now it is a friend s home computer No matter what network I am trying to connect to now I get quot limited quot under the wifi windows 8 connectivity issues (internet connections are"limited" and pages won't load screen whether I have a security key or whether I am trying to use an open hotspot like at a fast food joint or something the only reason I know to post this windows 8 connectivity issues (internet connections are"limited" and pages won't load ipconfig all thing is from another forum question on this site here s what I got when I did that Windows IP Configuration Host Name mypc Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address C -D - - - D- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Qualcomm Atheros AR PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address - C-FA- - - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL CE Wireless LAN n PCI-E NIC Physical Address C -D - - - D- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ok so seeing this can anyone tell me why I can t load any internet websites and show quot limited quot connection even though the signal strength is always maxed nbsp

A:windows 8 connectivity issues (internet connections are"limited" and pages won't load

it maybe a firewall issue - although you are showing media disconnected and not a limited connection ipconfig

Can you connect to a router by cable and does the PC work like that ?

Check the wireless is switched ON
theres often a physical switch or a combination of the FN and one of the F keys to toggle the wireless on/off
often F2 is used - but note , not always - look for a symbol that looks a little like (( i ))

is the wireless on?

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, kaspersky or Mcafee or any free security suites like zonealarm, AVG , Webroot etc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-8-connectivity-issues-internet-connections-are-limited-and-pages-wont-load.1104772/
Relevancy 61.06%

I am only home from school for the Issues help!) Connectivity Internet (please holiday and I brought my laptop home When I went to connect to my home s wifi there was a problem Usually these are quickly resolved and unimportant but this particular instance has been a real hassle and if I could figure it out on my own trust me I would The error first and foremost seems to be down to some kind of hardware issue either it be with my laptop or with the wireless router I have suspicion for a two reason My laptop s wireless receiver was functional when I left school a few Internet Connectivity Issues (please help!) hours ago Other devices work just fine on my home internet my laptop is the only one with issues I think it is kind of unlikely that my wireless receiver would have been irreparably damaged while in the trunk of my vehicle in a carry case although there was a basket or two of clothes also in the trunk The ride wasn t very bumpy and I don t have reason to believe that a basket smashed Internet Connectivity Issues (please help!) one particular part of the laptop But from the diagnostic tool on Windows it says that there is a quot problem with wireless adapter or access point quot which doesn t exactly narrow it down from my two options I am worried that I will have to replace the wireless adapter in my ASUS G V I have fiddled with the software portion of it insofar as messing with the router s DHCP settings and clearing certain databases using command prompt I also enabled the quot obtain IP addresses quot and quot obtain DNS server address quot automatically If I could prove any further information that would help I d be happy to Below is the results I get from ipconfig all in cmd Windows IP Configuration Host Name Eli-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Spotflux Virtual Network Device Driver Physical Address -FF- B-BC- -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address -B -A -FA- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR WB-EG Wireless Network Adap ter Physical Address E -B -A -FA- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Con troller NDIS Physical Address - -A - -CB- D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e c ad ea Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday February PM Lease Expires Saturday March PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - F- -E - - -A - -CB- D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Hamachi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Hamachi Network Interface Physical Address A- - - A-C -CF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address b a c cf Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe dc b b c d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday February PM Lease Expires Saturday February PM Default Gateway b DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - F- -E - - -A - -CB- D DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap A - DC - D - CB- F B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d d c a beb c ... Read more

Relevancy 61.06%

Hey there. I am having an odd issue that i havent encountered before. I am connected to the router and all that jazz, but I am not connected to the internet. I have tried all sorts of things to get this to work, but I was wondering if anyone else has any tips that I can try. I have taken a screen shot of what is going on, any help would be great! Thanks.

http://i41.tinypic.com/mtut5t.jpg

I would like to be able to connect with the wired connection, but if i can connect via wireless, so be it.

A:Internet Connectivity Issues.

Jes, I have beeb having the exact same issues today; Haven't solved them either. Im using a cable broadband modem on mine.

My NIC is a Realtek RTL86168B/8111B Gigabit.

My problem seems to be son random; modem functioning correctly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/11873-internet-connectivity-issues.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi I was hoping that someone from here could help me For the past year yes I have put up with this for a year my internet flicks on and off you Can help? internet issues connectivity I have called Comcast down here several times and they have yet to figure out what the issue is They said it is my laptop and not their problem So basically I am using the internet and then it randomly turns off Usually I use the windows diagnose and repair thingy Can you help? internet connectivity issues and it says quot Cannot communicate with www microsoft com Network diagnostic pinged the remote host but did not receive a response quot And then it gives me the option to reset the network adapter I do that and sometimes it will fix it for mins or so and then I have to do Can you help? internet connectivity issues it all Can you help? internet connectivity issues over again I am so frustrated with this I am honestly ready to throw my laptop out the window I am a college student and some of my classes require me to watch lectures online It is so frustrating to have to restart the video every mins because I lose my internet connection I am not the best with computers but I know surely this cannot be right Please please please help Thank you My laptop is an hp pavillion dx and umm it uses Windows Vista home premium Other than that I don t really know much about it nbsp

Relevancy 61.06%

OK I am having issues with internet connectivity on various programs and it is likely affecting even my antivirus software iTunes store and radio functions do not work despite my following all the FAQ s possible remedies including reinstallation and firewall settings Nexon Audition s patcher screen does not show the usual list of updates instead the typical IE error screen yet still works fine Nexon Maplestory issues Internet connectivity fails Internet connectivity issues to work at all as it can t het through the quot Resolving quot stage of updating GameGuard Trend Micro Pc-cillin indeed tries to update itself yet every time it has finished updating Internet connectivity issues it will prompt to restart the computer to finish installation of the updates yet even when I do it has no effect on the system it will just update again and ask the same prompt Microsoft Word s ability to access online resources such as sending a document to the online traslation service to be viewed as an html document has been compromised as well Now these various problems seem to my inexperienced mind as a possible busted dll file or something similar Also since I decided I wouldn t be able to trust Pc-cillin to scan properly I went and downloaded the latest pattern file from Trend Micro and ran sysclean which found a few things to delete but did not have any effect on the problems I ve been having Oh and I should note that any program dealing DIRECTLY with the internet such as Firefox works absolutely fine Thanks CK and I ll post the error messages if they re needed nbsp

Relevancy 61.06%

Hello all So I ve recently upgrading the hardware inside my machine new mobo CPU Connectivity Issues Internet graphics and thankfully all that seems to have gone rather well Fresh install Internet Connectivity Issues of Windows as well so that should rule out any virusy malware concerns However I now am stuck with a very annoying issue I can load some webpages at Internet Connectivity Issues a normal rate but others either don t load at all or take minutes to achieve I m on a broadband connection so normal loading rate is sub second Specifically I can load my router s connection utility page as well as just about any Google services Plus Gmail Docs etc This occurs with both IE and Chrome came on my Mobo driver CD Additionally Windows Update can seem to access it s servers as that s working fine I do have a bit of a wierd network setup given that I don t have a wired connection from this machine to our router it s connected by CAT cable to my Windows XP netbook which then shares it s wireless connection with it s LAN connection This setup was working two nights ago before I disassebled my desktop The netbook basically only serves as a glorified wireless card though it comes in handy to post stuff like this If anyone has any idea what could be causing something like this I m all ears After letting Windows Update work it s magic my next step is going to be to haul my desktop downstairs to bypass that extra networking nonsense but I don t feel like doing that tonight

A:Internet Connectivity Issues

Which computer from the network is having connection issues or loading problem? Are you connecting by a ISP modem and router(router model?)? I see you are using the laptop's wireless connection as a hotspot to share wireless?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/438344/internet-connectivity-issues/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello Since October roughly our internet connection has been dropping It can happen several times a day to once every few days and it can happen at any time of the day It doesn t matter if the whole family is using the internet or connectivity issues Internet just one person - the internet will drop Internet connectivity issues randomly However the internet does seem more prone to dropping if someone is making a video call watching Youtube videos or downloading something but sometimes it will drop if you re simply surfing the internet of the time the only way to reconnect to the internet is to reset the router and wait - minutes Occasionally I can reconnect to the internet by right Internet connectivity issues clicking on the Wireless Network Connection and selecting Troubleshoot problems I m not sure if this has anything to do with the connectivity issues but whenever the internet drops my laptop is always online just before we are all disconnected I have already tried updating our router s firmware but it is already up to date I have also changed wireless channel so it is on Channel but we still disconnect My drivers are also up to date Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD M Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Sony Corporation VAIO Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 61.06%

I have no problems logging on to the internet but there are certain sites such as my email, anything that requires a password logins, and information that I subscribe to which I have been unable to login to over the last couple of weeks. I get " This page can not be displayed". This only seems to happen on my computer. In other words I can operate all this information from other computers. Any suggestions?

A:internet connectivity issues

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcain2188

I have no problems logging on to the internet but there are certain sites such as my email, anything that requires a password logins, and information that I subscribe to which I have been unable to login to over the last couple of weeks. I get " This page can not be displayed". This only seems to happen on my computer. In other words I can operate all this information from other computers. Any suggestions?

Do you use Micro$oft Internet Explorer? I read somewhere recently that there was a bug (virus maybe) that affected MSIE when logging into secure websites. Unfortunately, I can't remember where I read it. If anybody else has any info please share. In the meantime, you might want to try to download the firefox browser to see if that helps.

-Lydokane-

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-connectivity-issues-79559.html
Relevancy 61.06%

My internet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting automatically over and over again every few minutes. I have noticed that this problem does not happen in safe mode. I've tried a ton of things to fix this, and I now think it may be some sort of virus or program running in the background thats causing this problem. I did actually have a trojan dropper on my computer recently that I thought I removed but I'm thinking maybe its still on my computer somewhere?
I've created a hijackthis log and i was hoping someone could take a look at it and see if they notice anything that shouldn't be there.

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connectivity-issues.1012066/
Relevancy 61.06%

I m a college student and my college provides us with Internet I issues connectivity Internet brought my desktop computer to my dorm and hooked it up on a wired connection This worked for a couple months when suddenly about a week ago it stopped working and I could load no pages There was no triangular warning system on my network tray icon indicating I did Internet connectivity issues not have Internet connectivity issues Internet access I believe it s an issue with my desktop as when I hooked the Ethernet cable up to my school provided laptop it worked fine My desktop can also connect to the network wirelessly It s not a browser issue I couldn t load any pages on IE Chrome or Firefox It s related to the resolving of hosts when I type Google s IP address it s fine But if I type google com it can t load the page Skype still works when connected through Ethernet Nothing else does OS Windows Computer HP Pavilion h - t nbsp

A:Internet connectivity issues

Nevermind, fixed it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connectivity-issues.1112361/
Relevancy 61.06%

My laptop is 7 months old and is rarely used. However, recently I have been experiencing a problem. 1. When I restart the laptop from hibernation or sleep mode, the internet does not connect. When I try to go to the network settings to reset the wirless adapter, it keeps looping but does not give me the option to reset or do anything with the adapter.  2. If I restart the laptop, the wifi comes on.  I have done most of the steps shown here including : 1. Checking Latest Drivers and BIOS 2. Cleaned up the TCP/IP and restarted 3. Update all my drivers and HP installed software.  Please suggest how to fix this issue. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Internet-Connectivity-Issues/td-p/5701160
Relevancy 61.06%

I purchased my windows laptop in December and I have had these issues since day I have IE Chrome and Firefox installed however after a bout a month Chrome and Firefox stopped Internet Issues Connectivity working and Internet Connectivity Issues would not connect to the internet I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that din't work until eventually I tried again a month later and they reinstalled fine At which point all three browsers worked for about a week until IE and Firefox wouldn't connect to the internet but Chrome worked fine And now I can't connect Internet Connectivity Issues to the Windows App store I can't install Java updates so I can't download a lot of content off the web my pages of Chrome load without the images and my email app hasn't updated since April and I even emptied it to make room I have looked quite a few places over the past few months for a solution I tried disabling different anti-virus'es and disabling webcam weird suggestion I received but nothing has successfully worked but I know a lot of people are experiencing very similar issues Any suggestions would be appreciated thank you in advance

The third party anti virus's which were installed are no doubt a big part of the problem, installing multiple A/V's leads to problems every time. To fix them you will need to remove them completely using the special uninstall tool for each one. I'm not sure which ones you have installed so I can point you in the right direction.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/25869-internet-connectivity-issues.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi I would like to first start by apologizing for my overall lack of knowledge regarding computers This is my first post Issues Connectivity Internet on the website and the first real research I've done regarding computer issues Anyway a few months ago my computer began to randomly disconnect from the internet approximately every minutes This wasn't too big of a deal but Internet Connectivity Issues it was obviously Internet Connectivity Issues pretty annoying A couple weeks later my computer began to have ping spikes After running an online ping test I noticed during upload times there was a graph the speed would spike to then back up to a normal speed Being an avid gamer this was a problem for being effective League of Legends namely I did more research into the issue and determined my computer was the only one doing these problems I also connected my computer directly to my router using an Ethernet cable and all of my ping issues seemed to vanish I have received a few theories but would like them to be confirmed before I spend any money on this So my question to you guys is what could be causing this problem and how would I fix it I would be happy to provide any additional information you need Thank you in advance

What are the theories you have about what the problem could be?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538924/internet-connectivity-issues/
Relevancy 61.06%

Ever since I got my new Vista PC, I've had severe internet connectivity issues... I have gone through many, many different connectivity issues since last July and fixed some of them myself... however, this latest issue must have been underlying the entire time.

I was running a Vista and an XP, now I am running two Vistas on the same network.

The problem the internet keeps loosing connection. I'll be browsing a webpage one minute, and then run into "Page Will Not Load" on any page I want to go to for anywhere from thirty seconds to a couple minutes. The local network never wavers, it is the internet connection that seems to partially falter. I can run WoW without a problem, it is webpages loading that keeps failing. This is across both PC's.

do you get the same issue with one of the pcs off ??
if so i would be inclined to look at your router.

if you can give me some hardware specs i may be able to help u furhter. u can use pm if u like

.aaron

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internet-connectivity-issues-228105.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I ve been having internet connectivity issues for the past couple of weeks I have two computers connected through a router to a highspeed service that seems Internet issues connectivity to stop working randomly and then quickly resume working However this hiccup of sorts disrupts downloads and MSN service I ve tried inputting manually the IP Internet connectivity issues addresses on both computers and that seems to not have worked As well in the event viewer a warning titled quot Browser quot along with the following message is shown quot The browser has forced an election on network Device NetBT Tcpip E -A - A D-A A- D F Internet connectivity issues A because a master browser was stopped quot Like clockwork the following three messages are displayed after that Browser one two of them identified in the source as bcm sbxp quot ASUSTeK Broadcom x Integrated Controller The network link is down Check to make sure the network cable is properly connected quot Followed by a message saying quot ASUSTeK Broadcom x Integrated Controller Network controller configured for Mb full-duplex link quot And then finally a message detailing that the Tcpip is connected I m not sure how to combat this problem as it does not seem to want to go away Any suggestions on how to fix this or to gather more information on what the real problem may be Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

Dear Tech Friends I am new here but Internet Confounding - Issues Connectivity not exactly new to computers Generally I find that a little Google and a little searching I can find anything However this recent problem has me totally perplexed So here I am looking for some help from someone brighter than me I feel like a complete moron after trying to fix this for the last week and having no luck whatsoever I recently switched providers to FIOS from Comcast and the internet was working fine For the first - days I had no issues and then they began The problem is that my computer at some point stops allowing new internet connections - what I mean is I will be talking on Skype or on Steam playing a game with friends and I have fine connection I have no problems with connectivity in the voice call or in game However usually after a period of time - -or more minutes if I try to use my Chrome browser or surf in any other browser it simply continually tries to connect to server but cannot access the internet Finally the Google Chrome upside down face shows me that I have no working internet -- even though I m clearly still on a skype call and am playing online -- Skype continues working I can chat to people on Steam but the STEAM in-app store which also Confounding Internet Connectivity Issues - uses a browser does not work At the same time my laptop my phone and other devices are able to normally access the internet in my house through my router So to summarize On-going connections like VOIP or online-gaming do not lose internet connectivity and my computer shows that I Confounding Internet Connectivity Issues - am connected However browsing even trying to connect to the router directly using the IP will not work To try and solve this I asked Verizon to replace the modem which they did This fixed the issue AGAIN for one week Really I had no issues and thought I was home free Another strange thing that there were no issues for one week Then this week it started again Sometimes maybe of the time I turn on my computer and cannot access the internet Restarting usually fixes the problem and then I can use everything for - minutes until the internet on my PC again craps out I have tried looking at DNS doing ipconfig flushdns - downloading some other internet clearing programs that tried to revert settings and clear cache temp internet etc and doing a bunch of other random things However nothing seems to help I have also plugged in my own old router and tried to LAN my computer through that Yet the same issue happens Also connecting to the router wirelessly LAN - the same issue happens I am confused as to why A the internet works for a period of time for all programs B Parts of the internet like on-going skype calls or on-going gaming connections continue working HOWEVER if I get off the skype call and then try to activate a new one --- or if I turn on my computer and the browser is not working Skype will not connect either - So this is not a Skype works all the time - it too is restricted if an on-going call is not working It seems like outside of surfing the net if my internet connection is established it remains working A TrendMicro online virus scan worked the entire hours without disconnecting -- so it again shows that it likely does not affect on-going connections When I am having these connectivity issues I am unable to directly access either the Verizon router or my d-link router when I had tried that - using the IP Codes x x So it is like my computer shuts down to new connections altogether Restarting the router does not really do the trick - I think it may have once but usually I have to restart my entire computer However if I do the CMD prompt I am able to ping google com succesfully AAAAAAH This does not make sense I am running Windows and can provide any other information as necessary I have also used MalWarebytes panda antivirus Trendmicro and other scans and have come up empty handed I am getting desperate and have no idea wha... Read more

Relevancy 60.63%

Hello My name is Justin I am having an issue with my wireless internet on March i bought mobo CPU PSU video card wirless adapter and a hardrive and dvd drive built the computer Then a day or ago we bought a second desktop for the living room ran with ethernet cord to router So now in this house we are running quot PS wireless desktop custom build a tablet a laptop and a hardwired desktop What is going on is when i have the wirless desktop ps and tablet all connected everything seems to be fine if someone gets on the wired desktop i have to shut off my PS to keep internet on my custom built PC The PC shows i m connected But when i open firefox or IE the loding bar just spin firefox and barely moves in IE If i reset the IE advanced options and restart the computer everything seems fine as long connectivity Internet Solved: issues. as i leave the laptop and PS off no power So Solved: Internet connectivity issues. im wondering why does my browsers not load if these three devices are connected acer desktop custon desktop and PS i tend to not use the laptop at all so thats not a problem keeping that off But just seems weird that devices are effecting Xfinity internet that way P S the Acer is hardwired to the router again and it always works just fine nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

My internet router is a Zone Alarm Z G secure wireless router with a TRENDnet USB wireless adapter I used to use Ethernet untill a lightning strike fried my ethernet port Getting a USB wireless adapter was a lot cheaper than a USB ethernet port so I went with that After I started using wireless my internet would crash fairly regularly if I was using a lot of bandwidth usually when I am downloading large files Whenever this happens I right-click the wireless network connection icon and hit internet/router connectivity issues repair this always works the odd thing is that I can cancel the repair mid way and yet even though the window says that my internet connection is disabled the repair continues Then in an hour or so it crashes again Also whenever I enter my IP address into my internet address bar it brings me to either A a page that says quot Safari can t open the page http because the server where this page is located isn t responding quot or B a search page IE instead of taking me to my router settings Are these two things internet/router connectivity issues related anyone internet/router connectivity issues have any suggestions

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/257850/internetrouter-connectivity-issues/
Relevancy 60.63%

so ive just finished a new build, water cooled ssd's etc and preformed a clean install of windows 7 64 bit. Now i try to connect to update windows and it says it cannot connect to the internet and gives this error msg "code 80072f8f". it shows i have an internet connection and using IE 8 it allows me to see some pages the rest gives me a ssl certification error??? this is the first time ive ever encountered this issue. please help!!!!

Relevancy 60.63%

First off, here's my specs:

Vista 64 Home Premium
Asus M3N72-D MoBo
4 gigs ram
AMD Phenom 9850
Nvidia GTX 280 1 gig
Gigabyte GN-WP01GS PCI WLAN card
Nvidia nForce 10/100/1000 Mbps networking controller

Almost every minute, my computer loses connectivity to the internet for about a minute, then reconnects. My Event Viewer System log is flooded with error 4201:
The system detected that network adapter Local Area Connection was connected to the network, and has initiated normal operation.

I've done everything I can think of. I updated drivers, firmware, made sure Vista wasn't turning off my NIC to save power, unbound IPv6, etc.

Now, I have to admit, I know nothing about networking. Zero. Could the Nvidia networking controller be conflicting with the Gigabyte NIC?

I really have no clue what's going on, but I'd really like to get this fixed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Vista internet connectivity issues.

So you have an onboard NIC, and a PCI NIC?

They should not interfere with each other. You can disable the onboard nic in device manager or possibly the bios.

Maybe a defective NIC, try using the onboard nic to see if the problem persists.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-internet-connectivity-issues.781339/
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a DELL Windows XP desktop. I recently moved. I was using Verizon DSL for connectivity. It worked wonderfully at the old location but despite repeated calls to tech support, it does not work here. I also used my laptop with it as the router had that capability. I tried another company and it still does not work. The light for the ethernet line is orange which indicates that it is not working. I can use dial-up and have no problem. I can take my laptop anywhere with wireless and it works. It seems as if the ethernet line is just not connecting with the remote host from this location on my pc.

Even though I have a dial-tone and can use dial-up on my pc, could it be something in the phone line? Or might it be my ethernet port? Is there a way to use one externally?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Relevancy 60.63%

I apologize from the beginning if I'm not able to explain my issue with the correct jargon but I'll do my best I'm not sure where to start here because it's a hard to explain problem Just yesterday I upgraded to Windows and connectivity internet 8.1 issues. upgrade and now my wifi internet keeps keeps going in and out every few minutes It's maddening I've done PING tests on it and I keep getting NO RESPONSE DEFAULT GATEWAY DHCP SERVER It's really bizarre because all the other computers in the house including my mobile devices are working just fine It's only the one computer AND I took it out to Starbucks today and it worked just fine there as well as at Barnes amp Noble I have a TOSHIBA Satellite P -S with the following 8.1 upgrade and internet connectivity issues. adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix earthlink com Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Physical Address C- E- - - -DC DHCP Enabled Yes IPv Address IPv Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday October PM 8.1 upgrade and internet connectivity issues. Lease Expires Thursday October PM IPv Default Gateway IPv DHCP Server IPv DNS Server IPv WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b e b d ada IPv Default Gateway IPv DNS Server If there is any other information I can provide that will help please let me know I'm not completely stupid about computers just not sure all the jargon and what info might be needed to help diagnose I've tried a few other fixes suggested online and nothing is working Any help would be really appreciated Thanks Brian

A:8.1 upgrade and internet connectivity issues.

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Windows 8.1 requires all new drivers. See if reinstalling your WiFi driver fixes the issue.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/8-1-upgrade-and-internet-connectivity-issues-739857.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Ok I ll try to be as thorough as possible with my explanation here About weeks ago we had a power surge at my house that powered off my Internet connectivity issues. Solved: cable modem - from that point on I was unable to connect to the internet Troubleshooting kept saying that there was a DNS issue so I tried everything I could think of releasing the IP renewing it setting the DNS manually etc all to no avail I ended up having to get a technician out here who spent nearly hours trying to figure out what the problem was Solved: Internet connectivity issues. He had the modem remotely reset multiple times still with no connectivity What we noticed however was that when he hooked up his tool DIRECTLY to my cable outlet he was seeing one IP but when connected to the modem and to ANY computer I m talking a desktop and laptops so we ruled out a pc problem ipconfig was showing a static IP address that he nor anyone else could seem to get rid of Long story short he had to get his supervisor out here and all that jazz are it literally just started working out of nowhere Neither of them could really tell me how they fixed it or what specifically was fixed Adding to the confusion internet works just fine in safe mode on my desktop but won t work on ANY computer with windows running normally A desktop and laptops all give the same problem Well last night my dog unplugged the modem and I ve been having the same exact problem When I plugged it back in the cable modem kept getting stuck at the upstream point and would just power cycle over and over again getting stuck at the same point each time The modem is on a splitter so I plugged it directly into the cable from the wall and it powered on completely but now I m back at square one with no internet access Troubleshooting shows a DNS issue again This is what ipconfig is showing right now Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - A-CD- D- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e b e c e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday April AM Lease Expires Thursday April AM Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -B - - - - - - -DE-AD DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Last night it was actually showing an IPv address of not What could be causing this I don t understand how power cycling the modem can completely screw it up like this nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

About a connectivity Regular internet issues. month ago I started experiencing problems with my home internet connection I'm on a wired connection to the router We've used a Comcast broadband connection for the last year and up until recently the only time I had problems was when downloading large files As download speeds hit between Regular internet connectivity issues. - MB S the download would slow to KB S wait a moment or two and then rise back to - MB S Now when I'm surfing the web without downloading my connection starts and stops I can read through an article click next page and it's about a chance it will load the next page without getting a cannot load message I don't have to do anything except click reload and wait around a minute and the page will eventually load No one in my house is downloading Regular internet connectivity issues. or experiencing a problem browsing I want to start troubleshooting but don't know how What steps would you take to find out why your computer is the only one having problems staying connected to the internet

A:Regular internet connectivity issues.

Hi, Can you try using another LAN port or LAN cable just to check on the difference if this has not been tried yet?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496056/regular-internet-connectivity-issues/
Relevancy 59.77%

My trusty companion PC cannot connect to the internet I've tried all kinds of things Probably tried things that caused the fuss in the first place so I am humbly asking for assistance from the peeps I trust for my computer woes We have a new router cache Issues- ARP XP/Internet Connectivity Clearing I've tried wireless and hard wiring I can get connected to the router but no Internet Try to repair and I get a message cannot clear XP/Internet Connectivity Issues- Clearing ARP cache ARP cache I have manually tried clearing still no help Note A few years ago I followed awesome instructions to defeat a nasty Rogue Trojan Windows Security fake and I think that it may have left some damage I know just enough about my computer to cause catastrophe but I can follow instructions and am actually pretty bright when I apply myself I'm a crafter not a techie What info can I bring back to possibly have assistance Pretty pretty please with cherries on top EDIT I am running a full SAS scan now Dell Inspirion

A:XP/Internet Connectivity Issues- Clearing ARP cache

Don't get lost in the detail , see http://www.tech-faq.com/clear-arp-cache.html .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/519142/xpinternet-connectivity-issues-clearing-arp-cache/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi I m running an HP Pavillion with Windows Vista Home Premium in bit mode At home I connect via a wireless connection to a Belkin router and when on the move I have an Orange G USB modem I m running ZoneAlarm Security suite I ve recently found that when starting Windows with the Wireless connection on it takes an age to start and then Internet Startup and issues Slow Connectivity I can connect to the router Slow Startup and Internet Connectivity issues but cannot get onto the Internet ZoneAlarm indicates that there is a lot of traffic and I m wondering whether I Slow Startup and Internet Connectivity issues have a problem with the laptop or the router I ve run HijackThis and the log is below if you can spot anything untoward please let me know There does sem to be a lot of stuff that starts automatically which I never hardly ever use such as Skype Napster and would appreciate learning how to stop these from loading at the start Thanks and regards Ian N Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files Napster napster exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files WinZip E-Mail Companion loadwzco exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Orange ICON USB Connect ICON USB Connect exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C PROGRA HEWLET Shared HPQTOA EXE C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C PROGRA ZONELA ZONEAL MAILFR mantispm exe C Users Ian Documents Tools HijackThis exe C Windows system NOTEPAD EXE C PROGRA MICROS Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www capitalspreads com public R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN GB amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN GB amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Goog... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-startup-and-internet-connectivity-issues.735303/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hopefully somebody here can help me debug this This is on an XP SP machine Connectivity Issues Internet Error Messages Getting and I started having problems a few days ago after Getting Error Messages and Internet Connectivity Issues I went online and downloaded two programs in an effort to find something that would allow me to pull the address information out of an email and put it into a format that I could put in my database There two programs I downloaded and installed were BetaSys Data Extractor ended up not being what I was looking for Message Parse I shortly started to have the following problems symptoms Generic Host Process for Win Services error and an automatic shutdown follows that IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL blue screens that seem to be triggered by be starting Netzero and trying to use dial-up when I'm not home This blue-screen error seemed to have been resolved by searching for additional csrss exe files on my computer there were of them and renaming all but the correct one quot csrss old quot After I did that and tried Netzero Netzero said that it detected and error and then went ahead to repair the installation of Netzero This seemed to work but now when I try to tell it to dial it says that the port is in use by another program and so terminates When I'm home by Netgear MA wireless card seems to work from all indications within the card's utility It seems to have network internet access just fine but when I open a browser I can't connect I uninstalled Betasys Message Parse during install indicated it was going to create some backup files supposedly because it was doing to over-write some things When I uninstalled it it froze midway but then later was no longer in Add Remove Programs I've since installed and run Regcure several times and also uninstalled Norton Systemworks and installed Sunbelt Vipre Antivirus Antispyware and also installed Sunbelt Personal Firewall and ran them and cleaned out out a few nasties Specifically the severe ones were - CallingHome biz Trojan Downloader - Trojan StarPage bcj - Rootkit Win Clbd hf - Trojan-Clicker MRW - KeenValue PowerSearch Hijacker - BigBlue Key Logger - any many instances of various minor adware this computer had Norton Systemworks on it but the definitions were probably a year old - subscription had expired As I said I now have a current Vipre installation instead which found the above I downloaded and ran HIjackThis and here is the log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NPROTECT EXE C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Sunbelt Software VIPRE SBAMSvc exe C Program Files Sunbelt Software Personal Firewall SbPFLnch exe C Program Files Sunbelt Software Personal Firewall SbPFSvc exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Program Files Sunbelt Software Personal Firewall SbPFCl exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system carpserv exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Dell AccessDirect dadapp exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files Iomega DriveIcons ImgIcon exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mmtask exe C WINDOWS Samsung ComSMMgr ssmmgr exe C Program Files eFax Messenger J GDllCmd exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Sunbelt Software VIPRE SBAMTray exe C... Read more

A:Getting Error Messages and Internet Connectivity Issues

Correction: netzero is not saying that the port is in use. It is saying the MODEM is in use.

Also, I went to look at the modem properties and I got the DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL. Previously it did not have the word driver at the beginning.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/getting-error-messages-and-internet-connectivity-issues-333051.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Dear all I have trouble connecting to the internet reliably or quickly The symptom manifests as extremely slow internet that often cuts out altogether for minutes at a time I have checked and it my laptop specifically a dv suffers from this as all other computers in the house connect reliably This internet stoppage occurs whether I use Chrome or Firefox When trying to see the Connectivity, Internet hard to issues diagnose. explanation the browser gives for the failure or diagnose from the Wireless Netowrk Connection Status it says everything between SSL connect error my in ability to connect to the router Internet Connectivity, issues hard to diagnose. Gateway errors that have to be resolved by fixing the DNS and so on I initially tried to focus on the possibility of fixing an SSL error by downloading missing root certificates and checking the time sync but the former has not helped and the latter is not out of sync I really need help on this because the connection errors are just so random and my connection speed so slow that it's starting to affect everything Not just gaming but browsing and even my work The only problem is I just can't tell what the source of the trouble is Internet Connectivity, issues hard to diagnose. I just know it's my laptop I wish I could give more information but the connection failure is never permanent enough

A:Internet Connectivity, issues hard to diagnose.

I know this may sound kinda simple; but have you tried a ipconfig /release then once it releases the adapter; do a ipconfig /renew? doing that may solve the issue. if that does not work; i would try completely uninstalling the adapter/card etc you use to connect from windows; reboot; then let windows re-detect it and reinstall it hopefully. Also; just for the sake of it; i would try power cycling the router by completely unplugging the power cord from the router; wait about a minute or so; then plug it back in and let it reboot and see if that helps any. Try these steps and see if anything works for ya. If not post back and we can go from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/334891-internet-connectivity-issues-hard-diagnose.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello I have an issue and I m not sure which board to post it on so I thought I d try here Somehow my laptop Vista OS got infected yesterday My first issues Infection IE caused and and connectivity with internet has more realization was when I pressed F to mute the audio the onscreen display Infection has caused issues with IE and internet connectivity and more that normally pops up on screen didn t Then I noticed that it was sluggish so I ran Ccleaner and rebooted When it came back up MS Windows Defender Adaware and Malwarebytes all discovered Infection has caused issues with IE and internet connectivity and more infections I ran Windows Defender and Adaware separately and they both discoverd and removed infections I then ran Malwarebytes and tried to check for updates but got an error message with Error code and was not able to update it So I ran it anyway and it found and removed issues I then rebooted into safemode withe networking and ran it again and no more infections were discovered I launched Firefox and everything seemed fine I then launched IE and got quot Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage quot When I asked it to diagnose the problem I got this quot www google com quot is not set up to establish a connection on port quot World Wide Web service HTTP quot with this computer Verify the current proxy server configurationBut I m not using a proxy server at all I then tried launching Opera and it was the same as it was for IE I was unable to connect to the internet I have no idea why it s happening I can still get online if I use Firefox but IE and Opera are unusable I tried uninstalling Opera and then reinstalling it but I was still unable to connect to the internet Also while the Function keys appear to work I no longer have any onscreen display like I used to Does anyone have any idea what the issue with my internet connection is Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated Thanks Don

A:Infection has caused issues with IE and internet connectivity and more

Check your proxy settingsIn IE go to Tools -->Internet options -->click the connections tab -->Click lan settingsIn the box that pops up make sure everything is unchecked!Now, download Malwarebytes from http://malwarebytes.org/ update it and run a full scan. Remove any infections found and post the results in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/286933/infection-has-caused-issues-with-ie-and-internet-connectivity-and-more/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi Not sure if this is the right place to post this if it s not I d be grateful if someone could point me in the issues morning weird I the internet have during connectivity right direction Sorry for the vague title but I feel like I can t really sum it up in just a few words So basically during the morning at around am my internet somewhat loses connection but only for certain things I have weird internet connectivity issues during the morning For example I can t stream youtube using google chrome It just doesn t work If I click on a video the screen will just stay white and nothing will load However I can stream youtube even in HD perfectly fine with no buffering problems if I use firefox Most online games also just lose connectivity If I try to play Dota sometimes it works fine for a few minutes but then my packet loss just becomes crazy high and eventually I just disconnect from the game If I play clash royale on my phone it fails to connect I just get a red connectivity error sign in the middle of the screen battle net frequently disconnects A few online multiplayer browser games which I tested also suffer from the disconnection issue Interestingly league of legends is fine during this whole am connectivity problem I don t get any connectivity issues with that game Skype also loses connection every now and again during the mornings If I try to test my ping using pingtest net it will just continue testing forever but no number will ever be displayed I guess it just times itself out or something This happens in both google chrome and firefox It seems like ironically any website owned by google gmail google youtube just won t work when I use google chrome If I use firefox those three websites yet again work fine All websites apart from google-associated ones seem to work fine even if I use google chrome Facebook loads with no problems Instagram or any other website with many images works completely normally Reddit loads just fine Other video streaming sites work fine So does anyone have any idea what s going on It just seems very strange to me As I said this problem only occurs during the mornings and it fixes itself sometime in the afternoon Only for it to happen again the next morning of course I just don t understand why youtube will absolutely not work if I use chrome but can stream fine in HD if I switch to firefox I don t understand why some games frequently disconnect but league of legends works fine I d be very grateful if someone could help because this problem has been happening for a while now and it s gotten to the point where I sleep during the day and am awake all night just so I can use the internet properly nbsp

A:I have weird internet connectivity issues during the morning

Try using a different browser for a few days and see if you have the same issues with it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-have-weird-internet-connectivity-issues-during-the-morning.1171530/
Relevancy 59.77%

We re stumped on this for issues connectivity 5 internet Sudden machines as is our IT friend Starting Saturday we Sudden internet connectivity issues for 5 machines had sudden connectivity issues for all of our machines note that all machines will detect or outside signals in the homes around us Compaq Presario R mine XP Home - Will not detect our router at all Toshiba Satellite wife s XP Home - this is the only one that will connect consistently although extremely slow XP Dell Optiplex dual boot Win Pro XP Pro - will connect only occasionally however very limited and only Sudden internet connectivity issues for 5 machines in Win won t connect booted to XP Gateway desktop Vista Home - will not recognize our router HP desktop older for the kids XP Home - Will connect about the time We use a wire HG-B modem router At amp t has ruled out the phone line and the router and suggested a virus but our IT friend still suspected the Sudden internet connectivity issues for 5 machines router We tried ipconfig release renew resetting the router unplugging cordless phones as well as a new router same model with no changes What could cause our computers to ignore our router s signal regardless which one is plugged in yet still see routers outside our home fine It seems to me that a signal is a signal and if a router has a signal the computers should quot see quot it consistently with the others Could a virus be the culprit None are detected nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

I reformatted my computer because after installing service pack 1 and other updates from Feb 14th my computer has been having issues getting a dhcp from my router. I have a windows 7 home premium 32 bit laptop that works just fine. I also have a ubuntu machine that pulls an address from this router and an xbox 360. From what I've read other places online it appears this is a bug with dhcp that appears some time around windows 7 service pack 1 x64. Is this update the one causing issues with the dhcp problems I'm having? Should I uninstall service pack 1 or reformat and not let windows install this? I'm a little confused as to what this problem is. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

A:Dhcp issues and network connectivity issues since windows 7 x64 sp1

I've never heard of a service pack creating a DHCP problem.

You might want to try resetting your router either by pushing in the reset button "hold in for ten seconds" or you can reset the router from the router's service page or unplug the router for ten minutes then plug it back in again.

Just because other machines can pick up the DHCP address doesn't mean it's working correctly for all machines. Routers can limp along sometimes but the functionality becomes erratic until you reset them.

Or you can try using the ipconfig commands, such as the ones outlined in the link below.
ipconfig - Windows Command Line Utility

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/217965-dhcp-issues-network-connectivity-issues-since-windows-7-x64-sp1.html
Relevancy 59.34%

The issue I lent my laptop to a non-computer-friendly friend who accidentally downloaded a lot of spyware and malware disguised as things like quot PC Health Care quot I removed most if Huge down slow connectivity computer issues and internet not all of these suspicious programs through the quot Add Remove Change Programs quot in Control Panel and also ran an AVG scan which didn t pick anything up I m quite sure that there s still traces of the virus or spyware still on the computer because it s running slowly and I ll need to refresh the page several times in order to get it to connect to the internet connected via wifi Any help would be greatly appreciated Copy and paste the HijackThis log Logfile of Huge computer slow down and internet connectivity issues Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Huge computer slow down and internet connectivity issues Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files SoftPlanet Software Assistant spassist exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgidsagent exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Samsung Samsung Battery Manager BatteryManager exe C Program Files Samsung Samsung Update Plus SUPBackground exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Microsoft Online Services MSOIDSVC EXE C Program Files SAMSUNG MagicKBD MagicKBD exe C Program Files AVG Secure Search vprot exe C Program Files SAMSUNG MagicKBD PerformanceManager exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgui exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDTray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDFSSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Microsoft Online Services MSOIDSvcm exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Virtualization Handler CVH EXE C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgemcx exe C Program Files Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files AVG Secure Search vToolbarUpdater ToolbarUpdater exe C PROGRA SearchProtect Main bin CltMngSvc exe C Program Files Common Files AVG Secure Search vToolbarUpdater loggingserver exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDUpdSvc exe C PROGRA SearchProtect SearchProtect bin cltmng exe C PROGRA SearchProtect UI bin cltmngui exe C Program Files Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftlist exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Virtualization Handler CVHSVC EXE C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Common Files microsoft shared virtualization handler OfficeVirt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Monica Marchand Desktop HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system msfeedssync exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www safesearch net utm medi utm term e - f- b -a -a R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www safesearch net utm medi utm term e - f- b -a -a R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www safesearc... Read more

Relevancy 59.34%

Ok so because the internet Missing) Gateway (Default Internet Connectivity Issues company hasn't helped me at all I have Internet Connectivity Issues (Default Gateway Missing) decided to reach out with my own words I've browsed this forum for a bit and nothing seems like it would help I don't know what I am doing but I have been having intermittent connectivity issues What has been going on is that my internet connection has been dropping several times throughout the day everyday This issue was only affecting my computer at first but I moved my modem away from my old tv and the issue has moved onto the two laptops in this house I get errors such as quot Default Gateway is missing quot and quot Link between router modem and the internet is broken quot I only moved my modem because last time I called my ISP the guy basically told me that the error was not on my end but was because I had my modem sitting right next to my old tube tv Thing is up until three months ago I had not had this problem at all The technician who came out to my house told me that the error was at the pole and nothing in my house was causing it I've lived at this house for two years and the internet was a fresh install all new wires and everything I am reaching out to you guys because this is affecting my online college work Attached is my ipconfig all Edit Also since my net just dropped again I have a screenshot of my troubleshooter Usually it fixes the default gateway but here recently it has not been All it has been doing is resetting my wireless connections Edit I have Cable One internet mbps package Wireless cable internet Running MSE av

A:Internet Connectivity Issues (Default Gateway Missing)

Hello and welcome Phluff could you let us know what the motherboard is in that machine please .

Plus in the Device Meager are there any yellow triangles against any of the networking stuff?
In my pic is an example of the points to look at if you cannot find the manufacturer run this HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 - Download < get the right bit version and close the right hand screen and then click on those same device is the window that remains - open them out and it will show you the absolute in details re the device.
We need this to look for drivers mate. see pic

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/330186-internet-connectivity-issues-default-gateway-missing.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello everyone I m having an issue with XP after installing SP After a few hours of normal internet operation my connection blackouts Now from what I ve observed the best way to describe this connection blackout is that the LAN connection to my router seems to literally choke up on too much traffic and I say this because amid the blackout some random odd requests issues installing connectivity 3 Pack after Internet XP Service do follow through like connecting to messenger while no sites load getting ip hits on peerguardian while not even being able to pull up my router s config page vice versa etc but these are just odd exceptions that rarely occur while the blackout or choke is occurring because the rule is that nothing comes or goes through I eventually deduced that the most convenient way to go around this issue is to disable enable the LAN adapter when the choke occurs that instantly gives me full throttle back up but it s no solution and it only lasts a few hours depending on traffic intensity Now I do use my internet connection intensively I keep eMule running and peerguardian keeping tabs on what comes through However nothing like this EVER happened and I ve been using my internet connection like this for over years SP is definitely the turning point here Something in SP is bottlenecking my connection and choking it when it can t handle the overflow I know SP replaces tcpip sys with a Internet connectivity issues after installing XP Service Pack 3 new version but I have already patched this new version to half open connections and my eMule is configured to use only which are the same values I ve been using since SP came out Event viewer has no log entries whatsoever related to this aside from dhcp renewal errors which is only natural if my connection to the router blacks out I have no firewall whatsoever installed only traffic filter in use is peerguardian but shutting it down when the problem occurs produces no results only disabling enabling the LAN connection does the trick Any help welcome in solving analysing or understanding this issue Cheers nbsp

A:Internet connectivity issues after installing XP Service Pack 3

Since P2P is probably the problem here, I'm afraid we are unable to help you.

Patching or altering a Windows system file is both illegal and against the EULA that you agreed to. I'd suggest using the original tcpip.sys since replacing or patching that means you are not using a Windows driver.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connectivity-issues-after-installing-xp-service-pack-3.714239/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,

(

I am using a pc which is currently connected wirelessly to a router 2 rooms away. After doing internet speed tests online to both the pc with the router directly on top of it, and my pc (a few rooms away) I noticed that I am revieving around 1/4 of what the router pc is recieving.

I have a few questions, and any other advice anyone has to improve my connectivity would be great.

1. Is it possible to connect my PC as well as the router pc to the router? If I got a long enough cable? That would improve my connectivity greatly wouldnt it?

2. How might I be able to tell if my '120 Speedtouch' wireless adapter has some kind of cap on how much information it is aloud to recieve?

3. Are there any steps I can take to increase my computers connectivity? i.e. moving my adapter about.

Thanks a lot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-internet-connectivity-issues-for-speedtouch-products.605774/
Relevancy 58.48%

There is no doubt a virus on my computer that is affecting my internet. It's located in the system32/drivers folder and it is called mieci.sys the file is 724kb and if I right click, or hover it is ALWAYS modifing itself....it always has todays date plus the time it is now, give or take a few minutes. I think Malware bytes is the scan that found it. I pretty much have no internet at any given time...maybe a few minutes here and there.

So, how do I delete it? I've tried just deleting it, doesn't work. I've tried deleting it in safe mode, and I've tried the takeown commands in regular startup and safemode. It tells me..."cannot read from the source file or disk"

Am I going to have to reformat?

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi I am having issues with my computer that is causing it to be very slow, restart (giving me the error message in the included picture) and causing internet connectivity issues as well as programs to not start. I believe it has been infected with malware or adware and need help getting rid of it.

Please help me resolve this!

Thank you!!

A:Infected Computer, Slow, Restarts, Internet Connectivity Issues

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/580339 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new FRST log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download FRST by Farbar from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.FRST Download LinkWhen you go to the above page, there will be 32-bit and 64-bit downloads available. Please click on the appropriate one for your version of Windows. If you are unsure as to whether your Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit, please see this tutorial.Double click on the FRST icon and allow it to run. Agree to the usage agreement and FRST will open. Do not make any changes and click on the Scan button. Notepad will open with the results. Post the new logs as explained in the prep guide. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/580339/infected-computer-slow-restarts-internet-connectivity-issues/
Relevancy 58.48%

OK So i have built small business server machines for other companies One from ground up with actual MS Disk One pre-installed from Dell This third one is also pre-installed from Dell OS SBS r Premium Edition Machine Dell PowerEdge T RAID gb Drives Physical setup Qwest DSL gt Actiontec GT -WG Modem gt Linksys GB NIC gt Broadcom NIC gt Cisco Systems Linksys SD - Qwest Internet 2003 SBS Premium Issues? Connectivity Modem No - Switch gt Workstations The Actiontec has the wireless disabled no need for it We have a block of static IP s from Qwest it s either or can t get SBS 2003 Premium - No Internet Connectivity - Qwest Modem Issues? only don t get me started lol The actiontec has the latest firmware on it I m trying to configure the server to have a static public address on the linksys NIC Then the Broadcom NIC has a static internal IP and goes out to the switch I want the server to be the DHCP and the DNS I have successfully done this on prior SBS Premium servers So on the linksys I configure it to be static IP from Qwest subnet mask of which Qwest techs continue SBS 2003 Premium - No Internet Connectivity - Qwest Modem Issues? to tell me is which absolutely won t work Gateway i use the IP of the modem Primary DNS i use internal IP of the server I configure the modem by turning off the DHCP and the NAT This should work right It doesn t As soon as this configuration is in place i lose connectivity to the internet and the modem I can no longer access the modem interface and can not get any internet I am not able to ping the modem IP of and can not ping any URL s Things i have done which by now have my head in a whirlwind I have used the connection wizard chose quot direct broadband quot in the public adapter i use the same settings described above and same to with the local adapter as well I use the standard firewall settings and don t change my email settings and finish the wizard This nets me no resolution I have reset the modem and then configured it in bridge mode shut the DHCP and NAT off Set my server static IP in the DMZ then on the server configure the public NIC like stated above and then run the connection wizard choosing the quot a connection that requires a user name and passowrd PPPoE quot I put the PPPoE info in and continue the wizard using the DNS provided by Qwest and the gateway as well This nets me no resolution I have tried just changing the config on the public NIC using the static IP the subnet using the gateway and DNS from Qwest Didn t work I have tried so much that i am not even sure all that i have done I do know that i always end up in the DHCP mode of the modem so the office can work I ve searched the net looking for answers and really have not come up with any answers I think the problem lies in the modem but i get no help or support from Qwest They simply say they don t support the OS i am using Although i have some decent knowledge on serve and some schooling on the enterprise version i am not an expert and have trouble wrapping my brain around things like forward lookups and reverse lookups The DNS appears to be fine to me looks like it has the addressing it should but i am not positive I have not changed any of theat manually if i have then it was through the connection wizard This server works like a dream when you let the modem be the DHCP server and change the public NIC to obtain IP automatically But it is not what i want at all I will ultimately run into hassles with what he wants to do with his server I also won t be able to remote nor use OWA or VPN I am at wits end and not sure where to turn I do not have any friends with this knowledge and i have read through the books i have and none deal with configs on modems I think i got all the info here can anyone help I am in a crunch my client is an accountant and this is Tax season Thanks for any guidance Gary nbsp

A:SBS 2003 Premium - No Internet Connectivity - Qwest Modem Issues?

I would suggest a few things:

1. Turn off DHCP on the modem.
2. Assign the Linksys NIC a static IP that is on the same subnet as the LAN of the modem.
3. Set the DNS of both NIC's on your server to the DNS provided by your ISP (this is usually just easier than doing DNS yourself).

You will still be able to use VPN, RDP, and OWA as long as you forward those ports to your servers (linksys NIC) IP address. If you need to know what those ports are, let me know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sbs-2003-premium-no-internet-connectivity-qwest-modem-issues.121562/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have a Lenovo B laptop running Windows After restarting my computer yesterday I connections) Internet local issues (both my laptop on and wireless connectivity haven t been able to connect to the internet at all either through wireless or with a cable Available wireless networks are showing as usual but whenever I try to connect I just get a message saying quot the connection was unsuccessful quot I have tried both on home and work wireless networks and a wired connection at work with no success but other laptops can get access with no problem So it s definitely my computer and not a router issue When I try to use quot Windows Network Diagnostics quot to troubleshoot the problem it tells me that quot There might be a problem with the driver quot for Internet connectivity issues (both wireless and local connections) on my laptop both the wireless and local access network adapters When I tell Windows to resolve the problem it says quot The wireless network adapter is experiencing problems quot and then offers me no further assistance That adapter is Broadcom n Network Adapter and I can give the driver version if Internet connectivity issues (both wireless and local connections) on my laptop that makes Internet connectivity issues (both wireless and local connections) on my laptop any difference I uninstalled the wireless network adapter and Windows reinstalled it Now when I try to log into the wireless network at my workplace it asks for my credentials but is still unable to connect A Windows Security Alert pops up says that the credentials of the server could not be validated I told it to try to connect but still no dice I went into Device Manager When I click on quot Broadcom n Network Adapter Properties quot it reports that the device is working properly and there are no other errors Perhaps the diagnostic has the problem wrong Based on some threads I have been reading it seems like this might be useful information When I go into the command prompt and type quot IPCONFIG ALL quot it returns while I am not plugged in with a cable Windows IP Configuration Host Name My -PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS suffix Descript Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Any help you can offer would be really appreciated nbsp

A:Internet connectivity issues (both wireless and local connections) on my laptop

Make sure you have the latest ethernet and wireless drivers from your laptop manufacturer's web site. After installing them try again with both ethernet and wireless (at the same time is fine) and show another ipconfig /all.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connectivity-issues-both-wireless-and-local-connections-on-my-laptop.1053338/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello Like many others that I have seen posts from I have tried multiple methods to remove what I presume is the zeroaccess rootkit trojan I have viewed multiple bleepingcomputer forums although I have not followed other users instructions I have followed instructions according to the below websites blogs including Malwarebytes Kaspersky TDSSKiller Combofix Zeroaccess google Rootkit - connectivity redirect, issues internet RogueKiller HitmanPro microsoft security essentials and windows repair tools from tweaking com I have Zeroaccess Rootkit - google redirect, internet connectivity issues also uninstalled java ran the windows SFC tool ran windows updates amp the symantec zeroaccess removal tool http malwaretips com blogs zeroaccess-sirefef-virus http www theregister co uk java cleanup I have run these tools in multiple successions based upon advice from various blogs Now i ve decided to create an account and follow the steps on this website After the initial time I ran through the tools removed a few trojans amp I thought it was gone The internet speed vastly increased and redirects stopped However a couple days later redirects are back amp internet connectivity is randomly blocked Right now after a few hours last night redirects aren t happening but internet connectivity is still randomly blocked So I m assuming it is not gone At this point I want to be sure I can actually remove the trojan Otherwise I am fine to re-partition my hard drive and reload my backed up files Your help is greatly appreciated Zeroaccess Rootkit - google redirect, internet connectivity issues Below is my DDS txt DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer Run by customer at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Updated B BF E- BB- - AB-A A C Zeroaccess Rootkit - google redirect, internet connectivity issues A C AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated A B -DEE -F A-FBCD-ADB C F SP Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Updated A EAA- - E -AA B- E E EC SP AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated E A -F D -F D -C D- C DBE F D Running Processes C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsa exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgcsrva exe C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS c Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k yksvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows ehome ehRecvr exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Gateway Registration GregHSRW exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Program Files x NewTech Infosystems Gateway MyBackup IScheduleSvc exe C Program Files Gateway Gateway Updater UpdaterService exe C Program Files x Common Files AVG Secure Search vToolbarUpdater ToolbarUpdater exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgidsagent exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgnsa exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgemca exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Internet Services iCloudServices exe... Read more

A:Zeroaccess Rootkit - google redirect, internet connectivity issues

Good evening.

Do you have a flashdrive of at least 64 Mb that you can wipe clean?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/469893/zeroaccess-rootkit-google-redirect-internet-connectivity-issues/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello all on Two vista internet hang connectivity issues, and boot with usbs it s been a long time since i ve posted here I just bought a machine for a friend Two vista issues, hang on boot with usbs and internet connectivity s birthday tomorrow and i m trying to get it set up and updated before then It s an Acer Aspire x specs as follows Vista Home Premium AMD Phenom x triple core gb ddr gb SATA hd geforce So the main issue here is that I can t Two vista issues, hang on boot with usbs and internet connectivity get online connect to the internet tells me i m online google responds to ping and it even found the other computers on my network I m using IE this thing is fresh out of the box and i can t access anything It s directly connected to my Netgear wgr v router The other issue is that when I boot it will hang on the loading screen if I have any USB devices attached I m hoping this is something I can resolve with an update or something once I get online but any thoughts on this would be appreciated as well Thanks ahead of time for any help that may be coming nbsp

A:Two vista issues, hang on boot with usbs and internet connectivity

Some laptops don't like external devices plugged in when booting, this issue may or may not be resolved with a update, my Lenovo will hang if I have any sort of card plugged in, however this might be security feature built into my machine, so a drive-by can't just plug in a bootable drive and bypass my machines security. Strange that your network isn't up and running out of the box. You might hit one of the Linux forums and see if their isn't a distro that will boot your Aspire and see if its a hardware or software issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/two-vista-issues-hang-on-boot-with-usbs-and-internet-connectivity.796111/
Relevancy 58.48%

First post here in the forums, hopefully this will make some sense.I have a cable modem and a Belkin router. Yesterday my desktop computer (plugged into my router) was not connecting to the internet. The odd thing is that my iPhone and iPad both connected to the WiFi from the router. We have not had any power outages recently or other issues. The only thing i have done recently is install Windows Live essentials. My computer is fairly old, but I keep everything up to date as far as drivers and other programming. It is running XP. I think I am pretty computer savvy, but this is driving me crazy. I have cycled power to both the modem and the router to no avail. Please provide any assistance available. Thanks.

Relevancy 55.9%

Okay, so I installed Windows 8.1 awhile back and ever since I did, I've had connection issues. Whenever I go try and open and App on the Start screen it says that I am not connected to the internet when I can connect to anything on my desktop screen, such as internet browsers and the desktop version of Skype and such. Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

A:Connectivity Issues With Windows 8.1

Hey mate. Assuming you are talking about your HP 2000-219DX Notebook, HP claims that they only support the OS that originally came with the computer, which for that one, is Windows 7. Read the following statement from this website:

What if I don't see my operating system from HP's software page?

If the operating system you are looking for is not listed on the software download site, HP does not have software or driver downloads available for your computer and operating system. HP provides software and driver updates for the operating system that originally came with your computer as it was designed and tested for the operating system purchased with the PC. Changing the operating system on your computer (upgrading or downgrading), puts the system into a configuration that might not work with the hardware design. If you you must change the operating system, get drivers from the manufacturer of the component you need. For example, if a computer has NVIDIA video hardware and was upgraded to a newer version of Windows, someone would go to NVIDIA's web site to download and install an updated driver.
Why is there no driver available for my PC's operating system?

HP provides software and driver updates that are compatible with the operating system that originally came with your HP or Compaq computer. In some case, HP may be able to provide software for other operating systems. To get drivers for other operating systems that HP does not supply, visit the component manufacturer's Web site. Another great place to find help with driver are the helpful people in HP's Consumer Support Forum .

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/54948-connectivity-issues-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi I am new and despirately seeking answer s to my question I recently installed Win Ultimate on my dad's laptop Acer Z Intel premium dual cpu ghz ram gb -bit operating system all seemed fine until I tried conecting to my wireless router belkin n it asks for the password and I imput it but it comes back as wrong and I am very very certain I am putting in the right keys I have the atheros wireless driver installed then i tried installing a TP-Link wireless usb adapter but it also wont connnect checked the device manager and I noticed a besides other devices I expanded it and then it showed up to deice icons with beside both under the name base system device right clicked on both and tred to update the drivers but the computer keeps saying it cant find the drivers Also which usb wireless adapter is best for the computer to use with a belkin wireless g router computer OS is win ultimate

A:Windows 7 Ultimate Connectivity Issues

Go to the ACER website and search for Windows 7 drivers for your dad's computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/65522-windows-7-ultimate-connectivity-issues.html
Relevancy 55.47%

We have several clients that have networks of stores that are interconnected using static ip and windows built in VPN. Often though the VPN says it is connected but the stores can not communicate with each other. If the VPN is dis-connected and reconnected the communications link is re-established and the stores can then connect to each other properly. I have made .bat files to disconnect and reconnect the VPN and set them as tasks in the task scheduler but they still do not always work. I'm at a loss as to what is the real issue... any ideas or help would be much appreciated. Thanks Gordon

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/390858-windows-vpn-connectivity-issues-vpn-says-its-connected-but-not.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I recently moved and am now using Comcast xfinity WiFi. Every other device except my windows 8.1 PC has had no connection issues. What's happening is that seemingly at random I would just lose the ability to open webpages or access any net content even though it's still connected to the WiFi. I've researched a little bit and already did the following.
Flushed DNS
Reset winsock
Ran malwarebytes antimalware (nothing found)
Reset router
Checked hosts file (only localhost listed)
Cleared any proxy settings
I'm still only getting connection sometimes (sometimes it works after flushing DNS sometimes not)
It seems to me like it's some kind of malware maybe but I can't pin it down. Any help would be appreciated!

A:Issues with WiFi connectivity on windows 8.1 pc

delijoe, Welcome to BC Forums!

Open the Device Manager from the Control Panel & look at your Network Connections (your adapters). If there's any missing drivers, you'll see a question mark or exclamation point. If so, you'll need to plug your computer into an Ethernet point & right click onto the item in question & select "Update Driver Software" (or similar wording). 

A Speccy snapshot of the computer would be good to have also. That will be a starting point for us to go on. 

Go to Piriform's website, and click the big  button.

Next, click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version.

You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.

After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.

Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):
Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot
You will see the following prompt:
Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard
Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the  button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Add Reply below the Reply box.
Congrats! You have just posted your specs!

Please post back with this information & we'll do our best to see what's going on. 

All the Best,
Cat

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541604/issues-with-wifi-connectivity-on-windows-81-pc/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi All This is my first post here We 64 Pro connectivity Windows network issues 7 have a major problem with my wife's Acer Timeline laptop I believe the problem may have occurred after an iTunes update I tried restoring back to earlier dates tried Windows 7 Pro 64 network connectivity issues uninstalling network adapters and rebooting all with no success Device manager originally showed issues with ISATAP Teredo Tunneling ISATAP to and Miniport IKEv adapters I was able to delete uninstall them all except the IKEv and when I reboot IKEv still shows up as an issue with a yellow exclamation mark The machine has lost all connectivity ethernet and wireless It also is not able Windows 7 Pro 64 network connectivity issues to print via the USB printer I've been searching all over and cannot find a solution I'm running AVG free and have disabled that also also disabled the firewall I have confirmed that the agilevpn sys has not been infected by a virus but I'm thinking it could be corrupted In the hidden devices there are issues with HTTP Qos Pack Scheduler Remote Access IPv ARP Driver WFP Lightweight Filter and Windows Firewall Authorization Driver At last resort I will reinstall the OS but this laptop didn't come with a recovery disk and I'm not sure if I created one can't find one anyway I'm not sure where to turn next Any help would be appreciated Thanks Dave

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/488890/windows-7-pro-64-network-connectivity-issues/
Relevancy 55.47%

Is there a list of Windows updates known to cause connectivity issues?

Right now all that will connect to the internet is IE. All other things such as Firefox, Opera, Poker Stars, LavaSoft, even Adobe Updates can't connect. I've actually had this problem a few months and just dealt with it. Almost positive it's an update issue, but can't restore far enough back to fix it. I believe this because I've had more recent updates that cause IE not to connect. If anyone has any other possible ideas as what it could be then please let me know.
Thanks

A:Windows update connectivity issues

Please fill in your sytem specs in User CP top left hand corner.
I think your problem is unlikely to be caused by just an update..
What are you using to connect to the internet?[ router, wireless.]
What firewall & security progs are you using?
Have you had any virus or malware issues?
Did your computer come with a security program preinstalled? If so what?
Are your running SP1, SP2?
Troubleshooting connection problems can be a challenge because there are so many possible causes.
Troubleshoot network connection problems - Windows Vista Help

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/244651-windows-update-connectivity-issues.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello I am not certain what is relevant information but this is an acer R - with Windows Though I can find networks when out and about say at Starbucks or something I cannot - connectivity acer Issues Connectivity limited R7 connect to them It comes back with the response that the connection is limited This happens at friends' houses as well using their password to join the network it always says connection limited and then I cannot get on the web I have tried all of the fixes that I could find thus far but have had no success I know this is vague I don't recall what I was doing but through searching you can find some solutions but unfortunately they acer R7 Connectivity Issues - limited connectivity have not worked for me Currently I am trying to access a VPN using CiscoAnyconnect and this does not work either is this connected to my other issue The failure with the VPN is that The VPN connection failed due to unsuccessful domain name resolution Thanks for any help Terry

A:acer R7 Connectivity Issues - limited connectivity

Welcome,
To use VPN you must be known by the server you are trying to reach. I've used VPN to connect from home to my work network. I needed the information from our IT department to reach our servers and they had to grant me access so that the domain would allow me to play.
Have you done any configuration to your network card as far as DNS servers or any of the other parameters available?
Keep us posted

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/535563/acer-r7-connectivity-issues-limited-connectivity/
Relevancy 55.04%

I recently bought a laptop and was only able to get limited connectivity on the wireless connection. I was unable to find a sight that had the answer to resolve this issue. I spent 2 days working on it and found out that for some reason Windows Vista does not like WEP security.

I figured this out by turning off wireless security on my Linksys router and everything worked fine. Turn on WEP and received limited Connectivity. I finally just swithched everything to WPA2 personal set the keys and everything is 100%.

Just wanted to post in case others are still having this issue and wated to give it a try.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-limitted-connectivity-issues.791772/
Relevancy 55.04%

Referred from here http www bleepingcomputer com forums t cwindowssystem -are-you-sure-yn-and-another-thing-or-too OBHello this was my original post To the best of my knowledge these are the things that have happened recently I went ahead with some windows updates i haven't been able to do of them for some reason - i began to look into it but frankly it bored me to death also i suppose it's off topic I rebooted and everything was fine I clicked on a link that sent me to a site where Avast told me about a trojan It went to the quarantine chest or whatever it's called sure + Freezing Connectivity you Issues Are and (Y/N) ? C:\windows\system32\*, and was promptly removed While looking for info on the HP site about hooking up audio equipment to my computer C:\windows\system32\*, Are you sure (Y/N) ? + Freezing and Connectivity Issues I happened to notice a link that led to C:\windows\system32\*, Are you sure (Y/N) ? + Freezing and Connectivity Issues driver updates I went and took a look at them and after reading the descriptions of their benefits I decided that only one of them was of any possible use It was called Conexant PCI Soft Modem Driver Update I didn't reboot after this I was still trying to get this home theatre business to work and decided that the reboot might set everything straight This is where it got interesting When the computer rebooted it stalled on a black C:\windows\system32\*, Are you sure (Y/N) ? + Freezing and Connectivity Issues screen with only a small box with the name C Windows System cmd exe and inside was text in DOS with the line C Windows System Are you sure Y N I had no idea what that meant so I typed n and then pressed enter It went away and the computer continued with the startup but the little box came back I left it and launched firefox to attempt to learn anything I could but I kept getting messages about the connection not working I still have the little sidebar on the desktop with the network meter and I just happened to notice it The incoming network activity was going crazy the line was spiking as high as possible and back down continuously I was briefly able to use the internet for a few minutes and was making my way to this site to look for more in depth answers when I lost connectivity completely although the network meter was still active I also tried safe mode with networking but got the same issue I then ran a spybot check and removed some crap but nothing changed I was about to run SAS but couldn't update it so I didn't bother So my plan was to go get a laptop I have and bring it to this computer so I could use the internet and try and fix this but the internet didn't work either Eventually I unplugged the modem router plugged it back in and problem solved I do not receive the dos prompt anymore and the internet is connected now But I had some freezing problems when trying to run gmer as well as some typing problems with keystrokes not resulting in anything onscreen Here's the DDS log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Chris at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV avast antivirus VPS - On-access scanning enabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D SP Spybot - Search and Destroy disabled Updated ED FAF- B F- B -ACA - E C DADBE SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF SP SUPERAntiSpyware enabled Updated A C- - e- F- E AC DA SP avast antivirus VPS - enabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k rpcssC Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcsC Windows system atiesrxx exeC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroupC Windows system SLsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServic... Read more

A:C:\windows\system32\*, Are you sure (Y/N) ? + Freezing and Connectivity Issues

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.In the custom scan box paste the following:CODEnetsvcsmsconfigsafebootminimalsafebootnetworkactivexdrivers32%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles/md5starteventlog.dllscecli.dllnetlogon.dllcngaudit.dllsceclt.dllntelogon.dlllogevent.dlliaStor.sysnvstor.sysatapi.sysIdeChnDr.sysviasraid.sysAGP440.sysvaxscsi.sysnvatabus.sysviamraid.sysnvata.sysnvgts.sysiastorv.sysViPrt.syseNetHook.dllahcix86.sysKR10N.sysnvstor32.sysahcix86s.sysnvrd32.sys/md5stop%systemroot%\*. /mp /sPush the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt<--Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/310035/cwindowssystem32-are-you-sure-yn-freezing-and-connectivity-issues/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I read all the helpful posts about what to know and do before I post They were helpful sort of more overwhelming for me I will do my best tho I have a Dell Laptop running windows pro on windows issues resolve wireless connectivity your cannot it Norton Security Suite I work away from home My apartment for work I use Comcast internet service At home we have windows cannot resolve your wireless connectivity issues Dish Network Century Link Right now I am using my desktop at Home My desktop connects to the internet just fine as does my phone and Kindle Fire but My laptop will not connect to the internet I get an error message stating Problem with wireless adapter or access point Heres what I have done so far I did a restore back days because yesterday at work my laptop had no problems then I went to Control Panel All Control Panel Items Troubleshooting Network and Internet Network Adapter that took me to a troubleshooting ethernet wireless adapters the message I got there was Problem with wireless adapter or access point detected the computer reset my wireless adapter and I have this file name under the Network Diagnostics Log F -CBID- AF - FAC-BF D BB repair etl I do not know what to do from this point on can you please help This is very frustrating Please keep in mind that I am computer illiterate Thanks Karentall

A:windows cannot resolve your wireless connectivity issues

Quote: Originally Posted by KarenTall

Hi, I read all the helpful posts about what to know and do before I post. They were helpful, sort of..more overwhelming for me. I will do my best tho.
I have a Dell Laptop running windows 7 pro on it. Norton Security Suite, I work away from home. My apartment for work I use Comcast internet service. At home, we have Dish Network/Century Link.
Right now I am using my desktop at Home. My desktop connects to the internet just fine as does my phone and Kindle Fire but My laptop will not connect to the internet.
I get an error message stating..Problem with wireless adapter or access point. Heres what I have done so far.
I did a restore back 3 days..because yesterday at work, my laptop had no problems
then I went to Control Panel, All Control Panel Items, Troubleshooting, Network and Internet , Network Adapter..that took me to a troubleshooting ethernet, wireless adapters
the message I got there was : Problem with wireless adapter or access point detected..the computer reset my wireless adapter and I have this file name under the Network Diagnostics Log.
17F56084-CBID-4AF4-9FAC-BF2D6902BB83.repair.1.etl

I do not know what to do from this point on..can you please help?? This is very frustrating! Please keep in mind that I am computer illiterate..

Thanks
Karentall

Hi Karentall,

I apologize for all the inconvenience this issue has caused and promise you that I will do my best to resolve this issue to your satisfaction.

Firstly we would need the model number of the system and wireless card installed on the system. Kindly update your system specs here by following this.

You can also check this link below which would be useful in resolving this issue:

http://dell.to/105mWOZ

Also, check the system under safe mode with networking if your system is able to connect:

System Restore

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/302137-windows-cannot-resolve-your-wireless-connectivity-issues.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Since Windows first came out I have had it Display Even and Windows, Issues After Reinstalling Connectivity Content installed with no issue However yesterday I started having random problems all related to connectivity and content display - Some pages will randomly not load correctly in Firefox IE or Chrome Sometimes only part of the page will load correctly sometimes I will get an error like quot cannot establish secure connection quot or some other form of error In some cases simply refreshing the page will solve the issue in other cases I have to browse the page in a different browser Some pages display correctly in one browser but not another - Origin will sometimes not display content in it's browser correctly - Downloads will sometimes fail to complete correctly - Sometimes I cannot search for extensions in Firefox Sometimes Firefox says no extensions are found other times I will try to install an extension and it will simply say it cannot be installed - I cannot run the Windows Media Creation tool I have even tried downloading it from another computer and transferring it over to my computer - Even the quot photo quot button on this post does not activate when I click it but some of the other Even After Reinstalling Windows, Content Display and Connectivity Issues buttons do--yet simply refreshing the page fixes it - Sometimes images or videos will not display correctly - ALL problems are completely random but very frequent sometimes pages display fine others not sometimes fine Even After Reinstalling Windows, Content Display and Connectivity Issues in one browser but not another Now here is the strange thing I have reinstalled Windows wiping all user data THREE times now In every case after Windows is installed all I download is my Nvidia display driver and Firefox with absolutely nothing else and even still I am having these problems Two of the reinstalls were using the Windows reset feature without retaining the old programs and features and in one case I was able to reinstall using the media creation tool on a USB drive I completely deleted the system partition to ensure no data was retained before reinstalling windows In addition to reinstalling Windows several times I have tried - Resetting my router - Switching from Ethernet to wireless for Internet - Swapping Ethernet cables - Reinstalling Firefox Chrome and Origin - Using display drivers from different download locations one from Nvidia's website one from Gigabyte This problem is extremely baffling as reinstalling Windows does not seem to solve the problem Here are some photos of various issues

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/even-after-reinstalling-windows-content-display-and-connectivity-issues-1066186.html
Relevancy 54.18%

My laptop had windows 10.1 when purchased new. Since the 1511 update, I have had continuous network connection issues. I have tried several suggested fixes, but my internet connection still drops--sometimes it repeatedly goes on and off, and other times it stays off. And I get the troubleshooting message "network protocals are missing". I really would like to fix this once and for all!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connectivity-issues-since-windows-1511-update.1169346/
Relevancy 54.18%

So I got a new Lenono G50-70 for Christmas, pretty basic laptop and I thought it would be simple to use, and it is bar connecting to the wifi

Every time I restart my laptop I have the issue of not being able to connect to the Internet, there's a lot of electronics around the house using wifi and none of these are affected so it must be the laptop surely? At the moment I have to go downstairs and reset the router every time I want to use my laptop, is there any way I can just bypass that step like a normal laptop does?

Thanks

A:Windows 8 connectivity issues (Moved from Windows 8 forum)

8 or 8.1
and have to been to Lenovo site and updated drivers as the ones installed will be the ones current when the laptop was assembled
wireless driver for 8.1 64 bit
http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/2xwl00ww.exe
Additionally check using this guide
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/get-online-tutorial#1TC=t1
that connect automatically is checked

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-8-connectivity-issues-moved-from-windows-8-forum.1140558/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi Friends I've been running into issues with wifi connectivity ever since the Fall update of Windows Symptons typically include first a limited connection yellow icon and second no connection available red icon This typically happens with - minutes after startup Rebooting helps sporadically In addition I have tried the following netsh int ip reset netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled netsh int tcp help issues wanted Wlan 10 - 802.11n card wifi connectivity - Windows set global autotuninglevel disabled netsh int tcp set global rss enabled This works upon reboot however symptons continue to appear again Here are the specifics about my system Windows HomeVersion - OS Build - x n Wlan Card more information below Drivers updated through DriverTalent Driver management program reporting version -- gt Device manager gt Network adapter gt n Wlan card reports version Windows updated installed KB dec and KB dec Hardware Model Asus X LA Intel Core i - GHZ GB RAM Intel HD Graphics Network adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family controler - ethernet Hardware ID PNP Device ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS E B amp REV amp E F amp amp E I tried reinstalling Windows several times even rolling back to Windows however symptons continue to Wlan card 802.11n Windows 10 - wifi connectivity issues - help wanted appear Also I've tried to update adapter drivers through device managers but symptons continue to appear The registry key wipe reg delete HKCR CLSID f -a ad- bf- - cbbc ba va f amp netcfg -v -u dni dne as a result I got an error reporting back 'ERROR Invalid key name' I ve been struggling with this issue for several weeks so any help suggestions is very much appreciated When running the trouble shooters on Wlan card 802.11n Windows 10 - wifi connectivity issues - help wanted the 'no connection' it generates the following output report The Wlan card 802.11n Windows 10 - wifi connectivity issues - help wanted default gateway is not availableThe default gateway is not available The default gateway is a device that connects a local network or computer to the Internet A broadband modem or router is usually the default gateway Not fixed Not Fixed Investigate router or broadband modem issues Failed Reset the quot WiFi quot adapter Completed Issues found Detection details Problem with wireless adapter or access point Not fixed Not Fixed Reset the wireless adapter Failed Investigate router or access point issues Failed If you're connected to a hotspot or domain network contact the network administrator Otherwise Unplug or turn off the device Once all of the lights on the device are off wait at least seconds Turn the device back on or plug it back into the power outlet To restart a router or access point that has a built-in battery press and quickly release the Reset button A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken Not fixed Not Fixed Plug an Ethernet cable into this computer Failed An Ethernet cable looks like a telephone cable but with larger connectors on the ends Plug this cable into the opening on the back or side of the computer Make sure the other end of the cable is plugged into the router If that does not help try using a different cable The default gateway is not available Not fixed Not Fixed The default gateway is a device that connects a local network or computer to the Internet A broadband modem or router is usually the default gateway Investigate router or broadband modem issues Failed If you're connected to a hotspot or domain network contact the network administrator Otherwise Unplug or turn off the device Once all the lights on the device are off wait at least seconds Turn the device on or plug it back in to the power outlet To restart a router or modem that has a built-in battery press and quickly release the Reset button Reset the quot WiFi quot adapter Completed This can sometimes resolve an intermittent problem InformationalNetwork Diagnostics Log File Name D FB C-AF - A- AE-DB F F BF Repair etl Detection details Expand Inf... Read more

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/34787-wlan-card-802-11n-windows-10-wifi-connectivity-issues-help-wanted.html
Relevancy 53.75%

HI I have Windows Pro installed I also have an A-DSL connection which goes through a router and it requires a username and a password Everything was working fine until today My LAN connection is in the Home Group and the other connection that I used to dial with was also in the same group but today for some reason it wont show in the home group I can get online with this connection but it has slowed down Windows Network and 7 home group issues Solved: connectivity considerably When I ran a diagnostic it said that I need to reset my modem I did that and i also reset the router but this has not changed anything I ran the diagnostic again but it could not find the problem this time There is also a caution symbol on the network icon in the tray and all it says is Network - No internet access Below that is the other connection through Solved: Windows 7 Network connectivity and home group issues which i dial with the username and password My connection is named M and earlier when I hover the pointer over the network tray icon it used to show Network - No internet access and M - Internet access Not anymore The network diagram that shows how the computer connects to the internet has also changed and now shows that I am connected to Network but there is no connection to the internet from there This is different from before Any ideas whats wrong Other computers using the same router have no problems nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

Hey all,
The laptop at my house is connected directly to a Comcast Cable Modem. The connection works fine randomly, but works very slowly or not at all more than half the time. I need some help. Why is my internet going so slow? We've had the Comcast people come and check things out, only for them to say that our connection is fine. The next day, it stops working. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Ipv4 Connectivity: Internet, Ipv6 Connectivity: Limited. Help Please

Closing duplicate, please reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/889150-ipv4-connectivity-internet-ipv6-connectivity.html

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ipv4-connectivity-internet-ipv6-connectivity-limited-help-please.889151/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey all,
The laptop at my house is connected directly to a Comcast Cable Modem. The connection works fine randomly, but works very slowly or not at all more than half the time. I need some help. Why is my internet going so slow? We've had the Comcast people come and check things out, only for them to say that our connection is fine. The next day, it stops working. Any help would be appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ipv4-connectivity-internet-ipv6-connectivity-limited-help-please.889150/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey all,

Closing triplicate, please reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/889150-ipv4-connectivity-internet-ipv6-connectivity.html

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ipv4-connectivity-internet-ipv6-connectivity-limited-help-please.889152/
Relevancy 52.03%

Recently did a clean install of a 32 bit Windows 7 over a Vista machine. Can connect to the internet randomly. Sometimes rebooting will regain connection, other times rebooting router is required. Seems to be entirely random. An XP computer on the same router will often maintain connectivity but sometimes both are locked out.
Any ideas? TIA

A:Windows 7 Internet Connectivity

Quote: Originally Posted by keeley2

Recently did a clean install of a 32 bit Windows 7 over a Vista machine. Can connect to the internet randomly. Sometimes rebooting will regain connection, other times rebooting router is required. Seems to be entirely random. An XP computer on the same router will often maintain connectivity but sometimes both are locked out.
Any ideas? TIA

I had a similar problem. It turned out my router was not working with Windows 7 OR my Intel WiFi Link 1000 adapter. I think it was Windows 7. You would think anything compatible with Vista would work, but maybe not in this case.

Are you having trouble with the wireless connectivity or wired?

I had a WRT54GS. It didn't work and Linksys has a list of Windows 7 compatible routers on their site. I got one of those and....sure enough....it works great.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/51256-windows-7-internet-connectivity.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi i ve had my new laptop acer v - since October and after a month the internet started going to limited connectivity and not loading anything at all We ve never had this problem with any of the laptops before and it also did it 8 Help Limited Internet connectivity/No - please! Windows with at my uncles house so it Limited connectivity/No Internet with Windows 8 - Help please! s not just my wifi provider My old laptop Windows still works perfectly fine and never disconnects or has limited connectivity I ve been looking through various forums and have done the Device manager gt Network adapter gt Power managment unticking settings which worked perfectly for a few weeks My Limited connectivity/No Internet with Windows 8 - Help please! laptop then did an acer wifi update and it started going to limited connectivity again I ve tried the ipconfig release quot - quot ipconfig renew quot on command prompt and that hasn t worked either And also the Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults netsh winsock reset catalog Reset IPv TCP IP stack to installation defaults netsh int ipv reset reset log Reset IPv TCP IP stack to installation defaults netsh int ipv reset reset log I have also made sure I have the most recent driver software Someone please help nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

I have recently bought a Dell desktop with Windows Vista installed. However, I can only access the internet on a sporadic basis.More often than not I receive a message saying there is no connectivity However the modem and ethernet cable etc are all fine.

Dell advised me to restore factory settings but this has had no effect. I am not sure if there is a problem with the PC because my internet provider reckon I have a problem with my NIC card.

I would appreciate any advice. Cheers

A:Windows Vista and internet connectivity

hi and welcome to TSF please go to device manager and check the driver for your nic card for any yellow ! or red x even if you dont have them it may still be worthwhile updating the driver from the mfr support web site

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-and-internet-connectivity-367036.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a Lenovo B running windows and it suddenly stopped recognizing my internet Windows 7 problem connectivity LAN It Windows 7 internet connectivity problem won't work with the Windows 7 internet connectivity problem wireless or connecting an ethernet cable to it ipconfig all gives the following Windows IP Configuration Host Name user-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Another computer VAIO VPCCW FX connected to the LAN in question ipconfig all gives the following Windows IP Configuration Host Name Carlos-VAIO Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List mshome net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address A- - -F - F- F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix mshome net Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address C- - -F - F- F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f f eee a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday October PM Lease Expires Thursday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - C- - -BE-BE- - F DNS Servers fe ed e dd NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Connection-specific DNS Suffix Search List mshome net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller Physical Address - -BE-BE- - F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface E ADE- C- A F- - EED C F CE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CA F-A - D - BE-A A C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix mshome net Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d c e f fe a Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe e f fe a Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled What should I do Thanks

A:Windows 7 internet connectivity problem

You are connected to the router and have an IP address . . First, check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found here's how.

Then Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 192.168.1.254

PING 74.125.45.100

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-internet-connectivity-problem-669047.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I recently upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1...  and evertything went fine!.. but now i constantle lose the internet connection.. or sometimes its so slow!.. that happen on everything (internet explorer or chrome.. Windows store.. apss that requires
internet, etc)
Before install Windows 8.1, using Windows 8 i never have this problem (never! i have a year!)..
My laptop its a Toshiba...
But its important to say, that have this problema on my Microsoft Surface RT with Windows 8.1!.... so :S!

What can i do!?? i need to work u.u

A:Windows 8.1 Loses Internet Connectivity

Have you tried flushing the DNS cache?
Since installing a fresh copy of 8.1 on my ThinkPad T430 I've been having issues on WiFi. Connection is fine for a while then pictures and videos won't load correctly on webpages. Performing ipconfig /flushdns gets it working again but only for an hour two
then I have to do it again. It's very frustrating!!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d799e421-c965-4b0c-9829-1dc2c37fbb58/windows-81-loses-internet-connectivity?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello everyone!

I just bought a brand new Lenovo Ideapad Y500 with a pre-installed Windows 8. I have been experiencing some issues with connecting to the internet. When I try to connect to a strong wifi connection, there are no problems. But when I connect to a medium strength wifi connection, my computer has trouble getting Internet access. Most of the time the internet says 'Limited'. When it does connect, the internet is very slow and would disconnect every 5 minutes. I have tried TCP/IP stack and it always says access denied at the end. I checked all my drivers and they are all up to date. I checked the manufacturer website and it says my driver is the newest possible. Can someone please tell me ways to fix this problem? Would downgrading to Windows 7 fix this? I am so frustrated I don't know what else to do?!! Please help!

Relevancy 50.74%

My wife's HP ENVY m - dx PC using Windows with Ralink RT R bgn wifi adapter would lose wifi connection with the VERIZON FIOS Actiontec MI WR router after - minutes plugging the connectivity 8 issue Windows internet using wifi ethernet cable in would regain internet access or restarting the PC but the issue would return in - minutes My Toshiba laptop using wifi internet connectivity issue using Windows 8 Windows stayed connected when my wife's laptop lost its wifi connection The other devices in our house Wii TIVO printer etc had no connection issues Interestingly my wife's laptop had no wifi connection losses with other hotspots Best Buy aka Geek Squad McDonalds Starbucks Panera etc so this issue was specifically between the Ralink wifi adapter and the Actiontec router wifi Just updating the laptop wifi adapter driver did not fix the issue HOWEVER uninstalling the driver then reinstalling the latest wifi adapter driver from the HP website seems to have fixed the issue wifi internet connectivity issue using Windows 8 Also installed the Intel Wireless Drivers for Microsoft Window from the HP website

A:wifi internet connectivity issue using Windows 8

So is there a question or simply pointing out the problem and solution?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/wifi-internet-connectivity-issue-using-windows-8-a-704633.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello guys. Im having this issue since the purchase of my laptop - Acer V3-471G. The wifi will show exclamation mark for every 5 minute i guess and it saying limited connectivity. And if i wait for about 5 minute, the problem gone and connectivity back to normal again. After that the problem occur again.
Methods tried:
1)Uninstalling wireless lan driver and installed it back.
2)Reconfigure router configuration.
3)Connect to other wifi aside from my home wifi.
And that's all. Any help would be appreciated. Sorry for my bad English as English not my native tongue.
Even when i'm writing this thread the problem occur for three times.

A:No Internet Access / Limited Connectivity-Windows 8

Suggest that you uninstall all preinstalled bloatware and any type of trial anti virus software, then visit Windows update Center.

Be sure to use WPA2 security with AES encryption.

Or Contact Acer for help.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/19019-no-internet-access-limited-connectivity-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello Recently my PC Windows bit was infected with win Sirefef y Virus and Microsoft Security Essentials detected the problem but couldn t removed it because in the middle of cleaning I get a warning that windows will reboot It keeps going through this cycle once MSE detects the virus Fortunatly I was running Windows Preview on a partition So I googled a few website I got different suggestions on anti-malware software to run I used microsoft safety security and scanned Windows partision from my Windows drive and it seemed to solve the problem I then did a full scan with both MSE and Malwarebytes to in after Windows 7 using ComboFix Internet problem connectivity ensure that the PC was clean Until then eveything Internet connectivity problem after using ComboFix in Windows 7 was working fine except I noticed that the icons on my Internet connectivity problem after using ComboFix in Windows 7 desktop and folders keep reseting or re-arranged everytime i exit the window or restart the PC I followed the advice of someone who shares the same problem as me and used Combofix and it fixed the icons problem for him So I went ahead and downloaded Combofix and ran it and it took care of that problem Unfortunatly I didn t carefully read the notice about using Combofix without proper knowledge Now I encountered a worst problem that affected my internet connectivity After I uninstalled ComboFix and restarted my PC my wireless and ethernet stopped working and couldn t connect to the internet I reinstalled Combofix and ran it again and it solved the problem the internet conection is working fine now Eveything seems to work fine ow with no traces of any viruses or connectivity issues However If I uninstall combofix I will go back to the same internet connection problem I wanted to give you all the details from the start so you have a better understanding or the problem root Please find the required files attached here I would really appreciate your kind help on this matter and look forward to here an answer soon Best Regards

A:Internet connectivity problem after using ComboFix in Windows 7

Hi,

Yes, there is a minor bug at the moment, that won't be resolved until at least Monday, so leave ComboFix installed for the moment, I'll get back to you when the issue is resolved.

Thanks for your patience and understanding

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/457325/internet-connectivity-problem-after-using-combofix-in-windows-7/
Relevancy 50.74%

EVERY single unsolicited Windows Home update procedure knocks out my internet access so I can't access internet after a Windows Update Found several solutions here at Forums some time back The solution that works for me on laptop or desktop ethernet or wifi is this Go to Control Panel gt Network amp Internet gt Network and Sharing Center gt click the Connections option either 'Ethernet' or 'Wifi' depending on whether wired or wifi gt click 'Properties' gt click once on 'Internet Protocol Version TCP IPv ' so it is highlighted gt click properties gt ensure 'Obtain an IP address automatically' is selected and gt scroll to Internet Protocol Version TCP IPv so it is highlighted gt click properties gt ensure 'Obtain an IP address automatically' is selected Lose Update Windows EVERY Internet after Connectivity Every Windows update removes the 'Obtain an IP address automatically' settings on both my machines My question is Does anyone know how to get these settings to stay permanently It's so annoying having every single Windows update knock out my internet access Win Lose Internet Connectivity after EVERY Windows Update Home bit connected to ActionTec wireless N VDSL modem router via fibre Thanks in advance

A:Lose Internet Connectivity after EVERY Windows Update

You can use NetSetMan Free to quickly switch to your predefined profile.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/44284-lose-internet-connectivity-after-every-windows-update.html
Relevancy 50.74%

hi there I had windows Xp bit 7 Internet after installing Windows Slow connectivity OS and now recently I installed Windows Ulitmate bit OS I have a configured PC Have pasted the MSinfo OS Name Microsoft Windows Ultimate Version Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer System manufacturer System Model System Product Name System Type x -based PC Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date American Megatrends Inc SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Slow Internet connectivity after installing Windows 7 Name vijaykumar-PC vijaykumar Time Zone India Standard Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Slow Internet connectivity after installing Windows 7 Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys Now all of sudden the internet connectivity has become very slow Did try installing the drivers however that did not help I kindly request you to help me with this should I switch back to Windows XP

A:Slow Internet connectivity after installing Windows 7

Welcome to the Forums!
Try this link: Internet slow after installing 7 Ultimate

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/47488-slow-internet-connectivity-after-installing-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have an old tower with XP SP my family has three laptops--one with XP SP one with Vista and a Windows laptop--and an [SOLVED] Internet 7 Killed My Connectivity! Windows ipad The local cable company rents us a modem and we network through our quot old faithful quot Belkin Wireless G Router It's going on years Our previous router was a solid machine as well but we quot upgraded quot to the Belkin in I'm a desktop tower guy unlike the rest of my family obviously who are all into laptops and macintosh silliness We also have two Netflix-receiving DVD BluRay players which connect without problems through our Belkin and an i-Touch which I believe is [SOLVED] Windows 7 Killed My Internet Connectivity! my son's way of chatting with his girlfriend during dinner Of course through the [SOLVED] Windows 7 Killed My Internet Connectivity! Belkin and again without problems The point is this we have all shared the same network for years and have never had any problems with it THEN we got a new tower with Windows W is new to me Oh sure my son's laptop has Windows but I'm completely unfamiliar with it I'm not exactly a computer genius but I'm also not exactly a complete dummy on setting these things up After all I've been fairly successful for over a decade with our various family computers video games I forgot to mention the PS and network needs [SOLVED] Windows 7 Killed My Internet Connectivity! But this Windows thing has me completely baffled I tried to plug the new tower into the old tower's spot Simple swap out I e make it the hardwired point for the modem router exchange and keep everything else as it's been--nice and smooth--for years Easy enough yeah No That's not happening I'm not sure how but Windows killed our internet connection The W tower's control panel's network interface keeps telling me we have three no four no two networks Or none And quot merging quot or quot deleting quot some of these only works for awhile they're all like zombies and keep coming back to life The worst part--with the Windows machine in the old tower's spot our Belkin is COMPLETELY unresponsive Our solution Shut down the W computer manually reset the Belkin its IP address won't open with the W computer either--tried w various browsers bring back the old trusty XP SP tower and set things back up like they were two days ago You know before I made the mistake of buying a W machine And yes the internet it back up and running fine The Belkin is again happily chugging along still allowing us internet access from all laptops macintosh gadgets and Netlfix-receiving gear Can anyone tell me how to turn that Windows machine back on without it again killing my internet Please My new tower's specs are here all standard choices plus memory and hard drive upgrades Thank you

A:[SOLVED] Windows 7 Killed My Internet Connectivity!

P.S. I also checked w/the microsoft Windows 7 compatibility page, and our Belkin is supposed to be good to go with W7.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/solved-windows-7-killed-my-internet-connectivity-629433.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello I have HP Compaq b running Windows Professional and Linksys WRT GL I set the wireless network as HomeGroup and I use DHCP to assign IP works Windows ping connectivity, 7 no internet addresses and everything worked fine Until i lost internet connectivity - My network and Windows 7 no internet connectivity, ping works sharing center says i have internet but i cannot browse pages - I can ping sites ping soldier com works So DNS is fine ICMP connectivity works - I disabled windows firewall and antivirus to see if it cuts http but it still didn't work - When i directly connect the notebook through a Windows 7 no internet connectivity, ping works router - it works - Another Vista home notebook on same wireless network - it works - Same notebook on different network on my job - it works - The router log registers http traffic when i try to open a page by browser but it still doesn't open it - and I tried opera firefox IE amp skype I think it is some issue with the HomeGroup options somethings blocks my win pc but I cannot figure what Please help me Ivan Hantov

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-no-internet-connectivity-ping-works-427035.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey all I just got a new PC with a windows xp home OEM Installed windows and all the hardware drivers However my LAN connection does not seem to function properly I have a direct connection with cable modem and it works fine on quot auto detect quot settings on my other comp windows on fresh connectivity Internet problems But on this one it gives me a quot limited or no connectivity quot error Internet connectivity problems on fresh windows When I insert all the info manually from my old comp - IP DNS servers gateway etc - it says that it is connected however I am not actually connected can t browse the net etc Tried reinstalling LAN drivers enabling disabling repairing connection reseting the modem plugging unplugging LAN wire What can me the source of error here I can usually connect Internet connectivity problems on fresh windows to the internet automatically straight away when i re-format my other comp with home XP So I am out of ideas on this one P S My board is a Gigabyte P DS rev and I am trying to use the on-board LAN Thanx in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connectivity-problems-on-fresh-windows.563127/
Relevancy 50.74%

Twice in the last week I And Malfunction Loss Internet Connectivity Of Windows have had the following problem s Firstly my Vista HP did not completely boot Windows Malfunction And Loss Of Internet Connectivity up Most of the Desktop appeared but when it was time for the Gadgets to appear I only have the analogue clock all I got was an empty white rectangle Then a message appeared which I did not record referring to an Event Log This I could not find I tried to connect to the Internet but had only local connectivity Futilely I tried to collect mail which of course didn't work and an error message came up which had Error Number x CCC in it On each occasion I got back to a working setup by using System Restore However it's clear that System Restore may only give temporary respite so today I googled Error Number x CCC and the only hit was BleepingComputers The heading said Viruses and Trojans which is why I am here asking if it is likely that I am harbouring such unwelcome things My PC Spyware Doctor with Antivirus gives me a complete bill of health

A:Windows Malfunction And Loss Of Internet Connectivity

The error 0x800CCC44 means that the Winsock stack was unable to open the sockets that it needs to connect to the internet. There can be many different reasons for this - so the best place to start with would be an independent scan to ensure that nothing has snuck by your PC Spyware Doctor software.Here's a list of free online scans: (Be advised that some of these scanners will pickup things in "quarantine" from other anti-virus programs - so review the results carefully)http://housecall.trendmicro.comhttp://www.pandasecurity.com/homeusers/solutions/activescan/http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner Scan Only - no removalhttp://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.htmlhttp://support.f-secure.com/enu/home/ols.shtmlhttp://us.mcafee.com/root/mfs/default.asphttp://onlinescan.avast.com/http://ca.com/us/securityadvisor/virusinfo/scan.aspxhttp://www.eset.com/onlinescan/ If it finds an infection, I'd suggest posting over in the Am I Infected forum (located here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/ )If it doesn't find an infection, post back here and we'll try and repair your networking (or will refer you to the Networking forum located here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/21/networking/ )

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/167584/windows-malfunction-and-loss-of-internet-connectivity/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a Windows Vista Home Premium bit Toshiba Laptop and I think I removed a virus which I originally thought Cannot Internet Connectivity Firewall, Activate Windows No Norton became corrupted I have multiple issues I have removed Norton which was not working any longer after the virus I successfully used the Norton Removal tool to remove it completely I have no Internet access I re-installed the Cannot Activate Windows Firewall, No Internet Connectivity network drivers but it did not change I know the network works because when I used the Kaspersky Rescue Disk to remove the virus it was able to access the Internet KRD is a bootable disk using Linux to install and scan the hard drive for viruses Cannot start DHCP Client Service I am having this problem with different services I have also used Malwarebytes which found two Trojan FakeAlert Registry Keys and removed them I cannot start the Windows Firewall I have been reading several things in this forum and one of the suggestions was to run sfc scannow I think it fixed several issues but it could not fix all of them I would like to ask if someone could interrupt the CBS log file and give me some suggestion how I might resolve the issues it could not fix Thank you

A:Cannot Activate Windows Firewall, No Internet Connectivity

Sounds to me like your permissions have been corrupted or altered. (Permissions are security "flags" that are attached to files and folders to restrict who or what can make alterations to those files).

It is possible to reset the permissions to their default settings but it's not really an easy thing to do with Vista - and doing it wrong can cause major instability or leave your pc wide-open to other malware.

To be honest, after any serious malware infection, the best thing to do is to reinstall Windows and then install all of the applications that you know are safe from the original source - anything else is taking a chance. Reinstalling may seem liek a chore but it's probably a lot quicker and easier than trying to dig through logs and track-down what may be a well-buried problem - plus you'll have the benefit of a lean, fresh version of Windows to work with.

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/298502-cannot-activate-windows-firewall-no-internet-connectivity.html
Relevancy 50.31%

When Updates Internet Windows Slow Fixing Connectivity After I installed IE on my Windows Ultimate SP x PC something caused all web browsers IE FireFox etc to take a ridiculous amount of time to start-up Fixing Slow Internet Connectivity After Windows Updates and make the first connection to the Internet I rolled-back the IE install back to IE and enjoyed normal start-up speeds for quite a while until about weeks ago A ton of Windows Updates downloaded and installed and apparently one of them is now causing any Internet related application to take forever to start-up just like installing IE did I tried doing a system restore to a point prior to the Windows Updates but that caused a bunch of issues because I had uninstalled some software after the restore point was created Figuring I'll eventually have to get the Windows Update that slows down my machine I just bit-the-bullet and installed IE and the slow problem persists Is there any way I can figure-out what is causing all web browsers to start-up so slowly all of the sudden I don't see any errors in the event log I sure hope this isn't just Microsoft's way of trying to push me to Windows What I'm seeing is this - Click the IE icon to open the web browser - Web browser opens but is blank - I wait and wait and wait - Finally IE opens the default web page Outlook com in my case Following the initial start things are relatively fast although still not as fast as prior to the mysterious evil Windows Update that slowed everything down

A:Fixing Slow Internet Connectivity After Windows Updates

I just figured-out the issue... and I feel dumb.

Quite by accident, I looked at IE's LAN settings (Tools -> Internet Options -> Connections -> LAN Settings). Instead of the "Automatically detect settings" checkbox being checked, the "Use automatic configuration script" checkbox was checked with an Address to my work's proxy server for LAN settings. I can only guess this got changed when I installed the Cisco VPN software on my machine many months ago.

After checking the "Automatically detect settings" and unchecking the "Use automatic configuration script" checkbox, even IE 10 is now as fast as it should be.

Yeah me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/308510-fixing-slow-internet-connectivity-after-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi
I have formatted my laptop and done a fresh install of Windows 8 x64 Release Version (from MSDN), and I am unable to connect to the internet. My laptop picks up the wireless with no problems, but whenever I try to open a webpage I get the message - "You are not connected".
Other PC's and device connected to the wireless are able to access the internet with no problem and my laptop was previously able to connect when it was running Windows 7. Does anyone have any ideas of what could be wrong?
Thanks!

A:Windows 8 - Dell Inspiron N5110 - No Internet Connectivity

Hi friend!
Maybe try reinstalling your wireless drivers, if you remember what they are called. Contact your Laptop's manufacturer or look up your model.
I hope you get it fixed!

And welcome to Eight Forums!

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/9464-windows-8-dell-inspiron-n5110-no-internet-connectivity.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have Mac book pro and I'm connected to internet using Wifi connection and my Wifi connection only allow one device. I wanted to use internet on both my Mac and my Windows phone. I searched a little and found that I can share my internet connection over Bluetooth PAN but I'm not able to figure out how I'll connect to internet using Bluetooth PAN on my Windows phone. Does any here have any idea how to do it or any other work around?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/444668-how-connect-windows-10-mobile-bluetooth-pan-internet-connectivity.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I cannot connect to Internet with either Internet Explorer or Firefox nbsp Windows Home Premium Machine running Microsoft Firewall and Virus protection nbsp Only had Internet Explorer on machine at first Problem started after major update loaded last night nbsp Tried to go back but unable to Checked with both wireless and directly into cable box nbsp Internet provider says that everything looks fine on their end nbsp Am currently using same connection on XP machine which I am composing on with no problems nbsp Everything shows green on connectivity nbsp Diagnosis can find no problems nbsp Tried resetting to default Internet Explorer settings nbsp Loaded Firefox fresh from Flashdrive after download on the XP machine nbsp On Firefox Problem Loading page Unable to connect On Internet Explorer nbsp When I enter a web address directly I get a http and no address valid nbsp When I do a Bing search I get the Bing search character string http www bing com IPv Connectivity nbsp Internet IPv Connectivity nbsp No Network Access Media State nbsp Enabled SSID nbsp My home Internet Windows Connectivity Lost 7 after Major Update network is listed Signal Internet Connectivity Lost after Windows 7 Major Update Quality nbsp bars computer sitting next to router Machine is a Compaq Presario CQ - US Thanks Mike

A:Internet Connectivity Lost after Windows 7 Major Update

Hi,

After checking this issue, I want to confirm if other computers on the same network can access Internet? If your internet connection is OK, In this situation, I would
like to suggest you:

1.  Go to
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting, click
connect to the Internet, see what the result is.
 Since the issue occurs after update. Just check which update applied before the issue occurs and try system restore.
3.  If the issue persists, boot the Safe Mode with networking to have a check, or you could perform a
clean boot to see how it works.
4.  Update the firmware for your router.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Alex ZhaoPlease remember to click ?Mark as Answer? on the post that helps you, and to click ?Unmark as Answer? if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4f25b2fb-874e-4510-833e-c5166c037a2b/internet-connectivity-lost-after-windows-7-major-update?forum=w7itpronetworking