Windows Support Forum

Important Windows Updates Stuck On 0% ?

Q: Important Windows Updates Stuck On 0% ?

Hello Every one who read this Topic

My name is wez

i've been having this problem and havent been able to install important updates for around 5 months now and my pc aint functioning properly as the updates are needed .

Here is a screen shot of how it looks for me when i try to install them The green bar just keeps moving across and everything else stays the same no change no % goes
up

I dont understand why i cant install the updates iv'e done all the systym check it says its fine , i download the microsoft fix it and that found nothing , any one have any help ? Thanks in advance , need any more info just ask

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Important Windows Updates Stuck On 0% ?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Important Windows Updates Stuck On 0% ?

You apparently have a download problem. Check here whether there is something that might help: http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527

Especially look at this one: The progress bar stops responding at 0 percent when you click "Download and install" There is a Fix-it download.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/200189-important-windows-updates-stuck-0-a.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I've got Office Student Edition all installed minus Outlook I haven't done any updates to it I did not install the Microsoft GDI Detection tool And I only visit Windows Update not Microsoft Update and install the critical updates under custom install I'm wondering Are the updates for MS Office that are critical security things included when you do Windows Update For example there are a number of things listed here towards the bottom http isc sans org diary html storyid -- would those have been included in the last batch of critical Windows updates Do you need the GDI thing to do Office Updates When you go to the Office Updates site it wants you to install and run some kind of Active X thing Is this necessary And can it cause any problems Can doing critical Office updates separate from whatever if anything that comes with Windows Update cause any problems or conflicts with other things on your computer Thanks for the help

A:How Important Are Ms Office Updates? Are They Included In Windows Critical Updates?

I don't have that detection tool either. At least some of the office updates are available through the windows update feature. You can also navigate to the Office updates site from the windows update site. There are no problems with installing the office updates separately. In fact, I generally download only 1 or 2 updates at a time as I am on dial-up.

Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/82313/how-important-are-ms-office-updates-are-they-included-in-windows-critical-updates/
Relevancy 69.66%

I ve got Office Student Edition all installed minus Outlook I haven t done any updates to it I did not install the Microsoft GDI Detection tool And I only updates? MS are Critical important How included Windows Are they Updates? Office in visit Windows Update not Microsoft Update and install the critical updates under custom install I m wondering Are the updates for MS Office that are critical security things included when you do Windows Update For How important are MS Office updates? Are they included in Windows Critical Updates? example there are a number of things listed here towards the bottom http isc sans org diary html storyid -- would those have been included in the last batch of critical Windows updates Do you need the GDI thing to do Office Updates When you go to the Office Updates site it wants you to install and run some kind of Active X thing Is this necessary And can it How important are MS Office updates? Are they included in Windows Critical Updates? cause any problems Can doing critical Office updates separate from whatever if anything that comes with Windows Update cause any problems or conflicts with other How important are MS Office updates? Are they included in Windows Critical Updates? things on your computer Thanks for the help nbsp

A:How important are MS Office updates? Are they included in Windows Critical Updates?

bloomcounty said:

I've got Office 2003 Student Edition (all installed, minus Outlook). I haven't done any updates to it. I did not install the Microsoft GDI+ Detection tool. And I only visit Windows Update (not Microsoft Update) and install the critical updates under custom install.

I'm wondering:

1. Are the updates for MS Office that are critical security things included when you do Windows Update? (For example, there are a number of things listed here towards the bottom: http://isc.sans.org/diary.html?storyid=2232 -- would those have been included in the last batch of critical Windows updates?

2. Do you need the GDI+ thing to do Office Updates?

3. When you go to the Office Updates site, it wants you to install and run some kind of Active X thing. Is this necessary? And can it cause any problems?

4. Can doing critical Office updates (separate from whatever, if anything, that comes with Windows Update) cause any problems or conflicts with other things on your computer?

Thanks for the help!Click to expand...

1. No. You either do Windows update and Office update, or you do Microsoft update, which does both at once.

2. I think so, but I am not positive. If you need it, it will install it, or, if you decline, you may not get updates. One way to find out, try it.

3. I don't think it will do the updates without it. Again, try it. It never caused any problems for me having it.

4. I can't guarantee that, nor can anyone else. Sometimes these "hotfixes" cause problems. Wait at least a few days after release to update was my motto. If there were any problems, you may hear about them, giving you the option to wait for that "fix" and, it gives MS time to be notified and correct it. Hopefully.

For what it's worth, I always kept my XP updated, waiting a few days after the release of course.
Hope this helps.
RootbeaR

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-important-are-ms-office-updates-are-they-included-in-windows-critical-updates.546066/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi,
Why do we get the option "Windows Updates. Important updates are available. Go to PC settings to install them" on the logon screen? Need to remove this option but without altering the update functionality. We are using SCCM for windows update.
Can you help how to remove it by GPO or any other option for large scale systems (5000+). At present the user cannot install the updates as it has been restricted. Attached the screen shot also.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f591fd1f-9b4b-484a-844f-cc26d2ec2161/reasons-for-quot-windows-updates-important-updates-are-available-go-to-pc-settings-to-install?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello, i was given a Sager NP2096 and i fresh installed Win7 64bit HP, i entered key and activated. However windows update is not working after 4 fresh install attempts. I tried upgrading to Windows 10 but after downloading and verifying Win 10 was stuck in update mode same as Windows Update.

Seems most of the this notebooks drivers are from as far back as 2008 so i assume I need some windows updates. The fresh install does have service back 1.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/395038-most-important-windows-updates-you-should-download.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi, I just restored my laptop to factory settings, windows update has now decided it wants to install 115 updates, 107 of which are 'important'. Is it necessary to install all of them? Can I get away with just getting the most recent ones? It wouldn't bother me but they will take an age to install and take up the best part of 1GB of disk space...

Thanks.

Relevancy 64.5%

When Windows 8.1 pro starts up a message saying Windows Update. Important updates are available Go to PC, it stays very briefly.

Checking Windows updates it says no updates so I checked for updates and it found none, I have Windows update to Install update automatically.

Has any one else had this message or know what the cause is?

Walter

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/69587-windows-update-important-updates-available-go-pc.html
Relevancy 64.5%

ther are still 88 important updates that needs to be installed on the 2 windows 8 pc 's i have in the internet shop.

how serious is this to the security of the 2 pc's ??

will this greatly affect the virus and malware vulnerability ??

thank you

all machines windows 8 64bit

A:88 important updates cannot install windows 8 how serious

Important enough I would say, if you are concerned about too many updates or have other concerns, you can pick and choose only security updates. Other way would be to have only important chosen to download and install. There are also some updates without which you will not be able to upgrade to W8.1. As computers are used in the internet shop, it's even more important to take advantage of any security improvement you can get your hands on.
I suppose you have set tight security on them and network, route etc. You can also ad: MCShield ::Anti-Malware Tool:: to guard against malware thru USB sticks if you allow customers to use them. Which other security measures have you taken ? AVs, soft/hard firewalls etc. ?

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/61206-88-important-updates-cannot-install-windows-8-how-serious.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I've noticed on a few systems in Windows Updates some important updates are unchecked by default, for example Internet Explorer 10 For Windows 7 x64-based systems and various updates for the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 on Windows 7. Why is this and should I still install them? Why would they be important but not installed by default?

A:Sometimes important Windows Updates are unchecked by default

Depends on what your Windows Update settings are like. Mine is set to "notify" only, and every since update is unchecked by default.

.NET framework is kinda like a software that is required for other software to run ... e.g. "iOS v5 or higher is required to download and install Instagram on your iPhone"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sometimes-important-windows-updates-are-unchecked-by-default.193498/
Relevancy 63.64%

I have a flag in the taskbar that says Windows could not check for updates automatically Important When I click the message a window for automatically could (Important) not Windows updates check opens with the following Windows could not search for Windows could not check for updates automatically (Important) new updates An error ocurred while checking for new updates for your computer Error s found Code F Windows Update encountered an unknown error It also gives me the option to try again and I did but it keeps giving me the same message I followed the first steps given to jbpaul who had the same message But it Windows could not check for updates automatically (Important) didn t work and the system still gives me the same message I also tried looking for windir WindowsUpdate log logs but mine are different to jbpaul Can someone help me Windows could not check for updates automatically (Important) Thanks a lot System Info Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard C Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

I have been having this problem for a couple of months now. I currently have 25 Important and 5 Optional Windows Updates downloaded onto my computer, but when I restart/shut-down, the updates fail. It usually ends with the message "Windows update failure; reverting (or reconfiguring) changes" or something like that. Then I can log in and use my computer like normal.

I have been ignoring the issue since everything was working until recently. I have started to notice things are slower (Internet Explorer, Chrome) and updates for Avast and other programs seem to get stopped before they can begin. For example, Avast is now telling me I have no internet connection, even though I am watching youtube videos while I try to update Avast.

Please let me know how to get these updates to install properly. I hope that fixing them will also resolve some of my other issues.

Thanks

A:25 Important Windows Updates not Installing correctly

Hello,With Windows Update issues on the of first things to do is check for any corrupt system files/WU files, as these can be the often cause for WU to fail.Please follow the instructions Here to run the System Update Readiness Tool. When the SURT finishes installing, copy (Ctrl + C) and paste (Ctrl + V) the contents of the SURT log into your next post please:C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.logC:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.persist.logSFC /SCANNOWClick on the button. Inside the search box type in CMDRight click on CMD => Choose Run as AdministratorInside the Command Prompt windows copy and paste the following command SFC /SCANNOWPlease wait for this to Finish before continuing with the rest of the steps.Convert CBS.log to CBS.txtClick on the button => Inside the search box copy and paste the following command:cmd /c copy %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log "%userprofile%\Desktop\cbs.txt"Press EnterOnce this has completed please go to your Desktop and you will find CBS.txt => Please upload CBS.txt to this threadPlease Note:: if the file is too big to upload to you next post please upload via Dropbox or One Drive

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562923/25-important-windows-updates-not-installing-correctly/
Relevancy 63.64%

My HD on my Toshiba Satellite M -S went bad so Windows showing update available No important updates I reinstalled a new one and used the Toshiba System recovery DVDs to restore my laptop back to the factory condition Windows Windows update showing No important updates available Home Premium bit Initially Windows Update showed important updates to which I was able to download and install without any problems But now Windows Update refuses to show any additional important updates IE SP Windows update showing No important updates available etc and states quot No important updates available quot I came across the following thread on Toshiba's forum but the recommendations there did not help either - After Restoring to New Hard Disk No Windows Updat - TOSHIBA FORUMS I tried the following Made sure the Windows install was genuine and activated Installed the Intel Rapid Storage Tech driver dated from toshibas website Installed Hot Fix as recommended on Toshiba's forum Ran the SURT Ran a SFC Scan no errors found I've uploaded a few screenshots as well as the CBS folder I had to split up files in the CBS folder across multiples ZIP files as it exceeded the file size for posting in the forum I'm at a total loss and have no clue on how to update my machine and any advice would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance

A:Windows update showing No important updates available

Please post the C:\Windows\windowsupdate.log file
I can see no problems in either the CBS or CheckSUR logs (haven't looked through the history yet, though)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/289297-windows-update-showing-no-important-updates-available.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Im not able to find any windows important windows updates it gives me this code 0x80190194 and system cannot determine vulome of drive just before the welcome screen for my password please help.

A:Windows Update not able to find important updates 0x80190194

Are you saying that you are unable to actually load Windows to your profile?
What happens if you attempt to boot to either Safe Mode, or Last Known Good Configuration?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/337502-windows-update-not-able-find-important-updates-0x80190194.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I keep getting this message from the Action center (Win7 Home Prem) - When I click on it to open it looks for Windows updates, if it finds any I can install no problem. After reboot, the message will appear again after a few minutes and tells me "Updates were installed: Never" but if I go to Update history it shows the current updates installed successfully. Using the troubleshooter it says: Windows Update error 0x80070005 but does not fix it. I have checked the services and reset the update settings, still get the error. The system has been scanned for Virus and malware (found some and cleaned). Any suggestion greatly appreciated!

A:Error: Windows could not check for updates automatically. (Important)

Hi bdiblik & welcome to sevenforums.

Please follow Windows Update Posting Instructions

What scanners did you run?

What anti-virus, anti-malware programs do you have installed?

Post CheckSUR.log & CheckSUR.persist as well.

Auto tool to find and copy those to desktop attached.

If I can't resolve your issue, NoelDP certainly can.!

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/385095-error-windows-could-not-check-updates-automatically-important.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi I seem to be having some issues here for updates check not (Important) Windows could automatically -V. Slow which I believe are linked to a recent failure to run updates There are two main issues I have the message in my Action centre - quot Windows could Windows could not check for updates automatically (Important) -V. Slow not check for updates automatically Important quot which is a red flag item My laptop is now so Windows could not check for updates automatically (Important) -V. Slow slow - as if something was completely consuming resources - that I cannot effectively run many of the solutions for self help Steps taken so far - a I ve tried to run the system restore to the earliest point available - hasnt fixed it b I ve tried malware scanners - no result c I ve Windows could not check for updates automatically (Important) -V. Slow run my Microsoft security essential basic scan - I dont have capacity to run a full scan at present d I tried samsung recovery centre software on my machine - it tried to run the updates x the first was about files which failed on each one the send included about files which all failed they all had codes like - not sure if these are windows update numbers e Run scan disk at start up and deleted any crap out my temp files etc f Tried my windows recovery disk to reinstall windows as an update - failed due to lack of resources g I found seven forums and now trying the follow as recommended - DL'd SURT - run - didnt get past checking for installed update - I suspect due to lack of resources on my machine Run SFC Scan - got the following error - quot Windows Resource Protection could not start the repairs service quot - I ve tried to st rt the windows module installer service but the following error came up - quot error - the specified module could not be found quot zipped CBS file its MB erm whats the score here cant upload it here due to file size I ve also tried to avoid using exclamation marks and writing help but its a real struggle as I m at the end of my tether Its worth noting that I did have a clear out after this failure to update happened and removed some programmes from the add remove programs menu in the control panel but I was sure that they were related to iTunes and other programmes I dont use anymore I suspected that system restore would solve any issues with this if that has caused the problem Note - I ve seen a few errors as I tried various things and one thats popped up a few times said something like ICACLS failed

A:Windows could not check for updates automatically (Important) -V. Slow

It sounds to me as if you have very limited free space on your machine?
You say you ran CHKDSK - let's have a look at the result of that, (and a few other things)...

Open Event Viewer
click on the Windows logs entry in the left pane to expand it.
Now click on the Application entry - wait while it loads.
Click on 'File' in the menu bar and select Save...
Save the file as Appevt.evtx
Repeat for the System log
then zip both, and upload them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/380604-windows-could-not-check-updates-automatically-important-v-slow.html
Relevancy 62.35%

As the title says, I have problems with Windows Update. I tried some fixes like: Reset_Reregister_Windows_Update_Components, Reset_Windows_Update_History, MicrosoftFixit50362 (which is a Microsoft Installer Fixer that couldn't install PowerShell), MicrosoftFixit50202. But what I really need is installing .NET Framework 4. I tried forcing it to install, installing it step by step, but it couldn't go further than .NET Framework 3.5. I need that Framework, the other updates don't really matter. And the interesting thing is that my antivirus doesn't say that Windows is not up-to-date, which is not normal, in ESET Smart Security, if Windows is not up-to-date.
If specs matter:
6 GB RAM
AMD Athlon ll X4 750K
AMD Radeon R7 240 4GB GDDR3
Vista SP2

cbs.txt:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/jsoeje0nxt30g5u/cbs.txt

I don't know how to obtain CheckSUR.log.

A:Windows Update stuck at Checking for Updates and can't install Updates manually

Hi antoniu200:

Many other Vista users have reported that Windows Update seems to get stuck at "Checking for updates..." for long periods of time, and this problem dates back to the August 2015 Patch Tuesday updates - see my screenshots in ScousaJAY's thread windows update just seems to hang while checking in the VistaForums. This month's December 2015 Patch Tuesday updates required a full hour on my machine before it finished the  "Checking for updates..." phase and finally presented a list of available updates, so you might want to try running a manual Windows Update and leaving your computer alone for an hour or so to see if it eventually runs to completion.

You might also want to read Nikilet's recent thread Updates were not configured correctly in that same forum.  Some Vista users, including myself, received an error message this month stating "Updates were not configured correctly. Reverting changes. Please do not turn off your computer" when they tried to install the December 2015 Patch Tuesday updates.  Six updates for the Vista OS and one cumulative update for IE9 were marked as "Failed" on my machine after Windows forced an automatic rollback and re-boot of my machine.  I re-ran Windows Update today and all Important updates that failed yesterday eventually installed successfully ("Checking for updates..." still took about one hour and I declined one Recommended update KB3112148 for Vista and one Optional update KB3106614 for Silverlight today) so the secret might be to install updates in smaller batches instead of trying to install all dozen or so available updates in a single update session.
-------------32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox v42.0 * IE9 * NIS (2014) v21.7.0.11 * MBAM Premium v2.2.0
HP Pavilion dv6835ca, Intel Core2Duo [email protected] GHz, 3 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/598963/windows-update-stuck-at-checking-for-updates-and-cant-install-updates-manually/
Relevancy 62.35%

I just uninstalled Office 2010 using the uninstaller and the Windows updater keeps installing important updates for it ~300 MB at a time. How do I stop this?

A:Windows keeps installing important updates for uninstalled Office 2010

Which uninstaller did you use? The one in control panel > programs and features or something else? If programs and features you could try using the official Microsoft Fix it tool.

How to uninstall or remove Microsoft Office 2010 suites

If still having issues you can try using the free 30 day trial version of Revo > forced uninstall option.

Revo Uninstaller Pro - Uninstall Software, Remove Programs easily, Forced Uninstall

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/274552-windows-keeps-installing-important-updates-uninstalled-office-2010-a.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hey guys,

Tonight i built and set up the aforementioned Nuc pc and installed windows 7. However some of the drivers arent installing like the integrated hd 5500 graphics driver and the engine management one. These 2 pop up in my windows update as "important updates" but i get failed messages when i try and install them.

Thank you,

A:Intel NUC5i3RYH, Windows 7 Update not installing important updates

I regard Windows Update as a last resort for installing drivers, and suggest installing the drivers supplied by Intel for the board:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/83257/Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC5i3RYH

If you have had driver installs fail, it may be necessary to boot into Safe Mode and delete failed installations from Device Manager and install again if you continue to have installs fail.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/622423/intel-nuc5i3ryh-windows-7-update-not-installing-important-updates/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi when running windows update all the updates fail and give the error code 800706F7. I have retried 3 times all to the same result. i have searched for this error code and the only results i found was about removing a previous 2014 update but this was not on my computer. i have ran the System Update Readiness Tool which installed 1 update however i can still not download the other updates

A:windows update error code 800706F7 54 important updates failed

Tried again and am now also getting error codes 80246007 and 8007002

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/371496-windows-update-error-code-800706f7-54-important-updates-failed.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I installed windows 7 yesterday but windows update is now stuck on checking for updates all the time. Doesn't download or install any updates

That said i looked up and tried a lot of solutions/fixes online but no luck, nothing worked.

Any help is much appreciated. I don't wanna upgrade to windows 10 by the way.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/399633-windows-updates-stuck-checking-updates-hours.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a Windows Enterprise x virtual machine that I use as a template in my vSphere environment that I keep up to date with all Windows updates This VM only contains Windows in its disk Last time I was able to fully patch this machine was back in May a few nights ago I tried to update Windows updates and Checking at for Windows 7 Updates stuck updates ... it's stuck at Checking for updates I let it sat there for hours I read several blogs on resetting Windows Updates services stopping BITS and Windows Services then deleting all files in Windows SoftwareDistribution and none of them seem to work I also ran a Windows 7 ... updates stuck at Checking for Updates Windows Update troubleshooting tool that is supposed to Fix problems with Windows Updates - didn't work either as it tries to get updates from the internet Next I decided to create a brand new Windows machine and tried to run Windows Updates nothing still Windows 7 ... updates stuck at Checking for Updates gets hung up at Checking for updates Anyone has any ideas on how to fix Windows Updates so Windows 7 ... updates stuck at Checking for Updates I can get updates It seems that something changed recently that broke it Windows patching seems to work just fine as I've had no issues with my Windows machines Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fbe997ca-3340-4587-ba5c-a3c573511cdc/windows-7-updates-stuck-at-checking-for-updates?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi

Noticed this month that I suddenly had a lot of important updates to install when I check Windows update. Under important updates I have the likes of:

KB3055999 - Update APN database entry for SaskTel (Canada) in Windows 8.1 and 8
KB3045634 - You cannot make a PPP connection after you reconnect a PLC device in Windows 8.1 or Windows 8

The article for both of these states: Provided as an Optional update for Windows 8.1 and Windows RT 8.1

Wondering why I have these and others listed as Important?

Thanks

Win 8.1

A:Optional updates listed under important updates

They are "only" important, so they are optional. "Critical" updates are not optional. MS-speak at its finest.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/67262-optional-updates-listed-under-important-updates.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Ok so I have stuck so important I very Help am a HP G series laptop and I allowed updates for windows to Help very important I am so stuck install and then it came up stating that it had Help very important I am so stuck issues restarting It restarted and it was fine until I realized that now it says my windows firewall is off and that I cannot turn it back on automatically and so I click on turning it on manually and it will not let me because it gives me a error message I tried to restart my computer from a previous time that it worked and it said it was unable to restore my settings probely because I have an anti-virus running so I should shut it off and try again I did this and it gave me the same error message Then it will also only allow me to connect to my att wireless Internet port with limited access Please someone help me I am an online college student and I need my computer and I don t havethe money to buy another computer or to fix this one with a baby on the way nbsp

A:Help very important I am so stuck

as the PC starts try safemode and see if you can do a restore to the date it was working OK
also you could try from the menu - last known good configuration

as the PC starts keep tapping F8
a menu will appear

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-very-important-i-am-so-stuck.1046154/
Relevancy 57.19%

Please help me resolve error code 0x80070570 preventing updates for Windows SP1 service pack and Window .Net framework 4. How can I resolve issues?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7a85121a-64c6-4540-871f-ef2f3ce9dc39/unable-to-updates-important-updates?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 56.76%

I have just done a reinstall of the OEM Windows Any WGA hidden to updates" banner Update? important way in hide "you have nag Windows XP installation and it kindly offered to install WGA for me I declined as I don't want that spyware Any way to hide "you have hidden important updates" WGA nag banner in Windows Update? on my computer but when I unchecked it from the update and checked the quot don't offer this update anymore quot option I now get a big yellow banner at the top of my Windows Update screen saying quot IMPORTANT You've Hidden Important Updates You've asked us not to show you one or more high-priority updates Any way to hide "you have hidden important updates" WGA nag banner in Windows Update? but your computer might be at risk until they are installed quot Is there any way to get this quot reminder quot hidden First of all it's kind of shady of them to call this an quot important update quot and claim that WGA has anything to do with my computer being at risk but secondly if I've asked to not be shown it anymore why do they think it's any better to show me a big banner-ad reminding me that I've asked not to be shown it anymore Jeez Thanks for any assistance

A:Any way to hide "you have hidden important updates" WGA nag banner in Windows Update?

Description of Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA)

It's pretty basic. The core of it is, they are a company that sells computer Operating System software and don't want to be ripped off. And to prevent rip-offs from updating beneficial security and other support they provide FREE, they require you run the WGA.

That isn't unreasonable.

Don't like it? Get Linux or whatever.

:)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/any-way-to-hide-you-have-hidden-important-updates-wga-nag-banner-in-windows-update-543518.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi I have a Windows x machine that is permanently stuck trying to install the same update I have followed various posts loops to install with important Windows Update updates" computer your a "Restart off of MS websites to rename SoftareDistribution etc but none have helped HAve tried Boot intoClean Boot Mode and try updating again Run the Microsoft Fixit and see how it works nbsp nbsp Windows Update loops with a "Restart your computer to install important updates" nbsp nbsp nbsp How do I reset Windows Update components Try System Update Readiness tool by referring toWhat is the System Update Readiness Tool Run System File Checker tool and see how it works The WindowsUpdateClient log posts the error x bc CBS log has the following - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Windows Update loops with a "Restart your computer to install important updates" nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Session initialized by client WindowsUpdateAgent - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Session initialized by client WindowsUpdateAgent - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Appl detect Parent Package WUClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX bf ad e amd Parent Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package bf ad e amd Disposition Detect VersionComp EQ ServiceComp GE BuildComp GE DistributionComp GE RevisionComp GE Exist present - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Appl detectParent package WUClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX bf ad e amd parent found Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package bf ad e amd state Superseded - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Appl detectParent package WUClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX bf ad e amd parent found Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package bf ad e amd state Installed - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Appl detect Parent Package WUClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX bf ad e amd disposition state from detectParent Installed - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Appl Evaluating package applicability for package WUClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX bf ad e amd applicable state Installed - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CSI nbsp nbsp nbsp e CSI Transaction x fa initialized for deployment engine d d c- d - d - d- c b with flags and client id quot TI quot - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CSI nbsp nbsp nbsp f Pending transaction content must be resolved cannot begin another transaction yet - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Failed to get transaction analysis because of pending operations Disposition from Analyze x HRESULT x bc - ERROR FAIL REBOOT REQUIRED - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Failed to get inventory HRESULT x bc - ERROR FAIL REBOOT REQUIRED - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CSI nbsp nbsp nbsp CSI Transaction x fa destroyed - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Failed to get inventory HRESULT x bc - ERROR FAIL REBOOT REQUIRED - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Failed to load current component state HRESULT x bc - ERROR FAIL REBOOT REQUIRED - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Failed to find or add t... Read more

A:Windows Update loops with a "Restart your computer to install important updates"

Thanks Alex
I had already tried the steps in the post you linked.
In the end I have had to reinstall Windows 7 over the top (keeping all settings) and this has fixed the issue with Windows Updates.
It is frustrating that I could not find a solution as I do not like glossing over the issues without first finding a solution but unfortunately it was not my pc and time was against me.
Thanks for all the replies.
Simon

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0f374ba3-b5fc-4374-be3c-6ed5462c0903/windows-update-loops-with-a-quotrestart-your-computer-to-install-important-updatesquot?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 56.33%

This a.m. I see there are a bunch of "Important" Win8.1 updates recommended (my Win update settings are to notify me, but to allow me to choose whether or not to download & install them.

Have there been any known issues / problems with these updates?

A:My latest "Important" Windows Updates notification

No problems for me, everything is back to normal

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/53505-my-latest-important-windows-updates-notification.html
Relevancy 56.33%

like in the last post i made i made a video since its easy on me then typing.

Windows 7 Bootcamp. Updates stuck - Video Dailymotion

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/397432-windows-7-updates-stuck-checking-updates-bootcamp.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I think the "updates freezing" issue has come up in another thread and apologies if it has, but I can't find it momentarily.

The screen shots show what I've been looking at for two days now. Obviously something is amiss with Automatic Update but I dunno what, or what to do about it.

Any advice, help????

Mods, please feel free to move me to the other thread I suspect exists.

Cheers

ausgumbie

A:Windows Updates - Stuck on "Downloading updates 37%" for 2 days!

G'day mate!

Have a look here.

Windows Update stuck downloading updates in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/18005-windows-updates-stuck-downloading-updates-37-2-days.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I rebooted my computer last night for the first time in a couple of weeks I chose the update and restart option and on 37 of 14 updates stuck Windows everything started normally After a while - minutes maybe - it was up to of updates It Windows updates stuck on 14 of 37 was still stuck at of hours later I started composing this question on my Windows updates stuck on 14 of 37 phone and noticed that I was at the login screen on my laptop I signed in normally then checked to see if there were still updates pending but there were none I started catching up on email and everything seemed fine then the computer started getting unresponsive I tried to Windows updates stuck on 14 of 37 reboot and found I had an update option I chose that and it told me there were updates just minutes after saying there were no updates and that was only minutes after it had been stuck on update of What the heck is going on here Is there anything I need to do to verify that all necessary updates have been completely and successfully installed I am running on an ASUS laptop

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/71716-windows-updates-stuck-14-37-a.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I reformatted my HP laptop so it restored it to how it comes when first out of the box, because I was having issues with a few programs and it started to run slowly.

I now have 130 windows 7 updates. I can occasionally download some of them by doing them 1 at a time, other times they don't work. I tried downloading 10 because I had a run of some working but the installation phase is stuck at 0%.

How can I fix this? I can't sit here all month downloading 1 update at a time.

Thanks.

A:Windows 7 updates stuck on 0%

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

Many people would tell you that you should start over and do a clean install:
Clean Install Windows 7
It is just not worth it to fight the junk that HP installs.

If you do not have a W7 DVD - visit here:
http://heidoc.net/joomla/technology-...download-links

If you don't want to do that - try this: Fix the problem with Microsoft Windows Update that is not working

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/280046-windows-7-updates-stuck-0-a.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I bought a Windows Pro bit CD yesterday and installed it on my Windows computer everything seemed fine when it got installed i could browse on the internet using Windows stuck 35% at Updates Internet Explorer download drivers Audio Mouse Graphic as i always did after a clean install later i installed Windows updates and rebooted my computer so the updates can get full installed but it got stuck at i thought maybe i should just wait more time but it seemed like the loading circle was also stuck i went away for min and came back but nothing changed and my computer's fan kept running really fast for seconds then it runs normal after that i woke up today still facing the same problem i did a system restore and i'm here writing my problem i'm too afraid right now to reboot my computer EDIT I downloaded Microsoft Fix it for Windows after running it and choosing to diagnose the Windows Updates service it fixed problems i will try to install the updates again and see if it will get stuck again quot Failure configuring Windows updates Reverting changes Windows Updates stuck at 35% Do not turn off your computer quot error when you try to install Windows updates

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/56634-windows-updates-stuck-35-a.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I was thinking Stuck windows on updates today that I haven't heard from windows update in a long time so I decided to Stuck on windows updates open it and check Apparently I haven't downloaded an update since December I have tried unsuccessfully to update but it seems to get stuck on looking for updates I have used the windows update repair tool to no avail it fixes some problems and then says that there was an error message x for windows update and it could not fix it I have tried several other fixes and nothing is working I need to update because I can't use my windows xbox one controller without the most recent windows updates Let me Stuck on windows updates know if you need other information Thank you very much Matt Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Stuck on windows updates Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer System manufacturer System Model System Product Name BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel reg Core i CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAMAvailable OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/611643/stuck-on-windows-updates/
Relevancy 56.33%

Got the Stuck. Updates 7 Windows May batch of Windows Updates a day or two ago Yesterday I tried to download and install all of the updates but the progress bar remained at zero Earlier I nbsp attempted to download and install the definition update nbsp just for Windows Defender and that WAS successful nbsp But once again the Windows 7 Updates Stuck. nbsp rest of the updates would not download and install nbsp After a bit of online check I found and ran the Windows Fix-It tool The results of that were quot nbsp Service registration is missing or corrupt nbsp Windows update error X - - T- P nbsp A few lines of quot problem fixed quot without a description Go to Windows update screen nbsp to find scary red shield advising to update my computer Under quot most recent check quot it says--- gt Never with the same under Windows 7 Updates Stuck. quot updates were installed--- gt Never When I go to update history it shows that prior updates were downloaded and installed successfully except for this last batch So what I am getting now is just quot checking for updates quot endlessly Any ideas what I nbsp should nbsp do next

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19974218
Relevancy 55.9%

HI I hope someone can help,

I reset my daughters laptop back to factory settings (Dell Inspiron 3521 64 bit) due to numerous problems, all now seem to be resolved. Thanks for advice.

I thought i would update to Windows 8.1 (never installed on this machine before).
I tried downloading from the store but received message saying updates are required before download could proceed.
went to settings>pc changes>updates there was 147 updates there waiting.

A message said we will install these updates as part of schedule maintenance. I'm now down to 109 updates waiting.
my question is why cant the updates all be installed straight away (please excuse my ignorance) there must be a simple answer. I have set the updates to automatic.

Regards and thanks in advance

A:109 Important Updates

Because Windows 8.1 needs some windows updates to install.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/67524-109-important-updates.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Greetings to all,

I had Win 8 Pro and Updated to Win 8.1.  In the past using Win XP, I always installed the Critical and some of the Important Updates.

I have not installed any of the Updates for Win 8.1 There are 110 Important Updates going back to February of 2015.  I have not experienced any problems.  In view of the fact that Win 10 will eventually be installed (in the spring) on my computer do I really need to install the Win 8.1 Updates?  If the answer is Yes, then what will happen to these Updates that will be using disk space once I install Win10?

Thanks in advance.

A:Are important Updates for 8.1 necessary considering Win 10?

Hi SillyBilly If you upgrade via the Media Creation Tool, you don't need any updates at all on your system to upgrade. It might even be easier that way. This being said, Important Updates are security related updates used to patch vulnerabilities, exploits and security holes in the Windows OS. They are critical to install if you want to run a safe and secure OS, so I strongly suggest you to install them as soon as possible.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/587106/are-important-updates-for-81-necessary-considering-win-10/
Relevancy 55.9%

I just installed

KB2933809

&

KB2957390

They fixed my Lock screen pictures issues & my Start screen pictures issues & enabled some old programs to function again.

Just thought I would pass the information along.

Check Windows Update & see if they are available to you.
They may not be available for all systems.

EDIT-- They fixed my ability to add pictures from my computer to the Forum.

A:2 New important updates

I see KB2933809 in my update history, 4/8/2014. I'm pretty sure it came after update 1. I don't see KB2957390 listed though. Can't say as I had any of the problems you mentioned. If I did I didn't notice it. I auto log in and boot right to desktop.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/44212-2-new-important-updates.html
Relevancy 55.9%

http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/library/toolbar/3.0/sitemap/en-us.mspx

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/ap/20050106/ap_on_hi_te/microsoft_antivirus

Relevancy 55.47%

Last time computer was closing down it ran windows update. 1 of 3 completed, 2 of 3 completed but when it came to 3 of 3 it stayed on 0% for ages then jumped to 68% then shut down. Re-started itself and went straight back to 3 of 3 0% and again 68%. Then again it shut itself down and re-started. Have tried everything can think of. Turned power off, started in safe mode, used boot menu and then even tried my Sony Vaio restore discs created when computer was first set up. Am not a computer expert and have now tried everything I can think of. As have got 8 year old daughter desperate to print out her birthday invitations, CAN somebody PLEASE HELP ME?

A:[SOLVED] Stuck on windows updates

Hi and welcome to TSF this somewhat addresses your problem http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949358 another possible http://ezinearticles.com/?How-to-Fix...oop&id=1588896 or try post 4 here http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/mic...nual-loop.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-stuck-on-windows-updates-431149.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello Everyone.

I did a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate x64

after installed 33 updates, pressed restart after the updates installed

now im stuck on configuring windows updates at 15%

it wont progress any further, what can I do to fix this? please help!

A:Stuck on Configuring Windows Updates

Turn off computer and wait a while and turn it on again - sometimes it work -if not,you have to boot in safe mode and restore system,if unable to boot in safe mode too you have to boot installation disc and from this level restore system

More details how to restore system:System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/96828-stuck-configuring-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have my settings on to receive windows updates automatically. In the past three weeks I keep seeing that in the history all updates have failed to either download or install. Is there a way to fix this problem?

A:Automatic Windows Updates Stuck at 1%

Have a look at this tutorial:
How to Reset Windows Update in Windows 10
Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10

And this one :
Fix Windows Update Problems Using Automatic Reset Script
http://www.askvg.com/fix-windows-upd...-reset-script/

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/42557-automatic-windows-updates-stuck-1-a.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I can not get windows to update its always stuck on checking for updates. i have google it and did microsoft fix it and windows update diagnostic? it say it fixed it but when i try update again? it still stuck. im trying not to reinstall windows. because i have a lot of games and movies on my PC. i think it might have some thing to do with that windows 10 up grade. because my pc is a alienware. and alienware says Aurora-R3, its not compatible with the up grade

Relevancy 55.47%

machine is sony all-in-one desktop 64 version
Today first time I received a pop-up window from interactive message notification telling me that vcagent.exe (vaio care) is trying to send a message and that it's not compatible with windows. After doing a search online, I found posts about windows updates not downloading. I checked my windows updates and found 68 important updates available. I checked the installed updates and no updates have been installed since August of 2015. I get a 0% complete whether I try to install 1 or 68. my notification for win updates is "check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them"
Based on other posts online I have tried stopping and starting win updates from cmd.exe and deleting the files in c/windows/softwaredistribution/download. None of that worked.
Now I just tried the vaio care update and after hanging at "installing..." for awhile, it failed to install.

A:windows updates stuck at 0% complete

It sounds like you may have some corrupt system files.  Start an administrative command prompt and issue this command:
sfc /scannow.  Note that it can run for a while - 10 to 30 min. in most cases.  If that doesn't fix it, download MalwareBytes from here, get it up to date, and run it.  If you're still having problems, you may want to post in the Am I Infected forum.

Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/605290/windows-updates-stuck-at-0-complete/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello,

I just got a new Windows 7 Pro Dell Inspiron laptop. I was trying to download and install all the Windows Update available, but the download stuck at 0% for a long time and will not proceed any further. I have run the Windows Update FixIt tool, run the WindowsUpdateDiagnostic tool, nothing help.

I got this error: "windows update service registration is missing or corrupt" when I ran the Diagnostic.

I have tried several other "solutions" and still no help. And I have temporarily disable my anti-virus programs as well, no help.

Any comments/suggestions are much appreciated.

Thank you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/394681-windows-7-updates-stuck-0-wont-download.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello,

yesterday I made a format of my second PC and I installed Win7 Ultimate x64 again. Now I have a problem with updates. For about 5-6 hours I see only "Checking for updates". Can anybody help me with that?

My 2nd computer is really old
Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 2.66GHz
Gigabyte EP45-DS3R
4GB RAM Kingston
ATI Sapphire HD5850 512MB

All I need is to create DLNA from old computer to watching movies on TV.
Thank you very much

A:Windows 7 stuck on Checking updates

Finally! After a lot of hours I found solution I think.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2700567

I followed Solution #1 and now I'm downloading 233 updates.

Will inform you if everything works fine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/397503-windows-7-stuck-checking-updates.html
Relevancy 55.47%

pro at forever 0% updates stuck Windows x month old clean install using WSUS offline to get most updates followed by Windows Updates to get a few dozen more WU stopped working Windows updates stuck at 0% forever after a month and at the same time I lost all restore points I have many updates installed but update history is now blank and windows update window states 'Never' for last update check or installed Windows updates stuck at 0% forever Some of this may be due to all the fixes I tried Updates is stuck at and never stops or produces an error even after hours or more I have other boxes in almost identical configuration that have no issues Aside from WU the machine runs great so I am hesitant to reinstall or restore from an old image Following the steps recommended Run SURT - it completes in min or so without any report Run SFC scannow - no problems were found Run Window updates - still running after many hours no errors The CBS folder is attached minus the cab files that made it too large to attach Looking myself I see lots of quot Failed to internally open package HRESULT x f - CBS E INVALID PACKAGE quot Also lots of references to amd This is a core duo machine I see there are many many posts about windows updates problems on win and just about as many potential solutions being offered Having tried five or six different methods without success I am wondering if the reinstall image restore is the only real practical fix

A:Windows updates stuck at 0% forever

Download KB3020369
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3020369

and KB3161608
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3161608.

Reboot your computer, then

Install KB3020369 and then KB3161608

I have done this on numerous systems and Windows Update then works as intended.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/398497-windows-updates-stuck-0-forever.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I'm a experienced user amp know my way around the PC both HW amp SW wise However I have come up against a problem amp I have tried everything to fix it to no avail I had to re install Win on my laptop which is a pretty modern one Anyways installed win Ultimate activated without problems So I attempted to check for updates amp nothing happens It is constantly stuck on Checking for updates with the green slider moving as usual I have tried the Microsoft Update fixit tool which told me problems with installing updates fixed then I run again it says Not fixed amp then again fixed I've ran sfc scannow which didn't show any problems amp I checking for Windows on 7 updates stuck don't imagine it would because Windows 7 stuck on checking for updates its a fresh install on a formatted HDD Its a SP edition Windows 7 stuck on checking for updates amp I'm used to a bit of a wait usually for detect all updates but I have formatted re installed amp left the machine to check for updates times now for around hours with it still checking for updates Any suggestions Oh I've stopped the windows update service amp deleted the folder contents of SoftwareDist with no effect Thanks in advance

A:Windows 7 stuck on checking for updates

You are stuck in the forever Windows 7 update mode.
Let me explain.
Every sense W-10 came out Windows 7 Update has become very very slow.
If every thing on you system is correct it could take from 8 hours to 48 hours to download updates. Their will over 200 of them after a Clean Install.

I think a lot of it depends on what Microsoft server is being searched.
Some are very busy and some are less busy.

Some times when your system is still Searching you can reboot and try again.
If your lucky you will get a Microsoft server that is less busy.
The only cure I know of is just patients. Just leave your computer on and wait.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/387491-windows-7-stuck-checking-updates.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have an issue with my Windows XP Pro being stuck on the SAME two updates!!! it ALWAYS says it successfully installed but ALWAYS tells me it needs to install those two updates again 20 minutes later!!! and the update progress says

"Installing Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 on Windows Server 2003 (KB2972105) (update 1 of 2)...

Installing Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 on Windows Server 2003 (KB2979574) (update 2 of 2)... "

but it HAS been installing those SAME TWO updates for a couple of months now, it SAYS it was successful EVERY TIME, but INSISTS that it install again!!! I DON'T even know if it actually installed!!!

please help me get this installed and/or get the message to go away if/after it is installed

A:Windows Update STUCK on SAME TWO updates!!

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/down....aspx?id=44313
Download Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 on Windows Server 2003 from Official Microsoft Download Center

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-update-stuck-on-same-two-updates-971009.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Have a friend's computer that started Windows Updates and got to 13 of 17 and won't go any farther.

Tried re-starting (I know they say not to) and it gets to 13 and won't go any further.

Also can't start it in Safe Mode.

What next?

A:Computer stuck 13 of 17 Windows updates

Maybe this: Fix the problem with Microsoft Windows Update that is not working

And this: SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

If all else fails, download and install each remaining update manually. Several months ago, I had one W7 patch that would extract its files and then could not find them??? I had to point the installer to the files that it said it could not find 3 times during the install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/280044-computer-stuck-13-17-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Windows Update has become erratic, currently gets stuck in the "looking for updates" phase. I have followed the instructions on this forum titled "Windows Update Posting Instructions." Ran the SURT with no issues reported. The SFC scan came back clean as well. There are no error codes like the example shown, on the WU screen, but at one point there was a pop-up box (I believe in conjunction with Windows Update Standalone Installer) with error 0x8024001e which may or may not now be resolved. The MS Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool has not helped. Also along the way I was advised to install Hotfix for Windows KB947821, which I did. Compressed CBS file will not upload to this post because it is too large (about 6MB).

All this is way above my pay grade as a non-tech user, but I think I have followed the instructions correctly. Any wisdom greatly appreciated!

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/397173-windows-update-gets-stuck-looking-updates.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Computer keeps restarting itself and every time there`s a message "Configuring updates 3 of 3 0% complete. Do not turn off your computer".
It will restart itself a few times with the same message and then after a few restarts nothing happens. The computer is on but windows will not start up.

It`s windows vista home.

Relevancy 55.47%

I'm wondering if it is possible to ignore an important windows update? Windows Defender updates are listed as important updates but I have my own security suite and therefore don't need to burn a few megs every month to update Windows Defender. I also have a netbook with very limited hard drive space that keeps bugging me to install that update that checks if my version of Windows 7 is genuine. I know it is and don't want to take up valuable and limited hard drive space for Microsoft to tell me what I already know. I would like to set Windows Update some how so that it doesn't keep bugging me to install these important updates, is that possible?

A:Possible to Ignore Important Updates?

Not necessary to install the defender updates. Those updates represent new malware that has been written. If you do not install, you may become infected with the malware.

Bottom line you reallyshould install, but to answer your question you do not have to.

You can hide all updates that are not wanted. just right click on the update to hide

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/60508-possible-ignore-important-updates.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I just updated Windows 8.1 a few days ago on a system that rarely gets used.

I turned it on again today and found that Windows Update now tells me that there are 215 important updates and 6 optional updates.

Has my system forgotten that it has ever been updated?

Also, will I have to take any action to get Windows 10? I had it installed and then had to restore to factory.

Thanks
Jim

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/74348-215-important-updates-what-happening-here.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello guys,

nice to meet this wonderful forum.
My problem is that ALL my important updates fail to install for some unknown reason.
I've not been able to install SP1, IE9 etc.....

Is there anything I can do besides formatting, or is there a way I can repair windows update only?

I tried the system update readiness tool, but no results.

Best regards,

Peter

A:All important updates fail!!

Hello Peter, and welcome to the Seven Forums!

What error message are you receiving from Windows?

Also, please copy the C:\Windows\Logs\CBS folder to your Desktop, right click on it > Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder, and upload the new file which is created on your Desktop here.

Thanks a lot!

Richard

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/184526-all-important-updates-fail.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Some updates like this IE8 security update that was released the 14th, we're not getting in Windows update. Why?

Shouldn't we at least get important or critical security updates even in the lastest builds? I could see why maybe not other less important updates but critical security ones?

And when I try to install it says it's not applicable to my system but updates like this one should clearly be applicable, no?

Download details: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 in Windows 7 Client Beta (KB963027)
Download details: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 in Windows 7 Client Beta for x64-based Systems (KB963027)

MS09-014: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer

A:Why aren't we getting some important Updates

It could be that the issues these fix are already fixed in later builds. 7000 is still the only 1 (according to M$) that the public have and IE8 on that was too buggy. As far as I can tell build 7057 upwards have the full IE8 and not just the beta that's packed with 7000.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/7255-why-arent-we-getting-some-important-updates.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I see updates like Root Certificates Update, Microsoft Silverlight 1.0, Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0: x86, Driver Update for Intel Graphics Controller and all those other stuffs..I have like 15 updates on the waiting list..Are they important?. I read an article about how some people had computer problems after installing some of these..

A:How important are optional updates?

Some people have problems after doing anything . . . you only need install the Optional updates you need. I like to install the Root Cert updates, but only any of the others that are needing a update,

You are not likely to have problems with any of them, you just may not need them

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-important-are-optional-updates-252896.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I was gong thru my history of installed updates and all thruout the history I see that windows vista service pack 1 was trying to install but it failed every time,my question is, do I need to work on getting that installed, it says that it is a important update.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/important-updates-not-installing-317332.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version:
Processor:
Processor Count:
RAM:
Graphics Card:
Hard Drives:
Motherboard:
Antivirus: None

i cannot install important updates not sure about much about my laptop apart from its a toshiba satellite pro on windows 7 an when i tryed to install them this code came up code:80240016

A:cant install important updates

Hi and welcome,
Could you try running this again please?
TSG System Information Utility http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe

Your first attempt came up with nothing - as you can see

Thanks.
Richard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-install-important-updates.1089293/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have my PC set to Notify me of Important Updates, but not download or install them.

On at least 2 different occasions over the past 2 months I seen maybe 17 -19 Important Updates shown when I open Updates, but chose not to install them at that moment because I was doing other things. When I went back a few days later they where all gone. This happened this week, as well as about a month ago. And, they were not automatically installed either.

What's going on with these disappearing Important Updates? Unfortunately I never checked to see if they were somehow redundant because I think they would disappear.

A:Important Updates Disappear?

Two days ago, I had 27 important updates which I had not installed.

Yesterday, my computer was up to date! Not a single update.

So I checked for updates for hours but had to stop since it was eating cpu and not come up with any results.

Try searching and post whether your search ended successfully without any updates, or was just stuck for hours.

Mine was stuck so I followed this procedure and found the old and newer July updates in minutes.
Set Windows to Never check for updates.

Make sure wuauserv is not running in the background eating your CPU . If it does, just stop the service.

Download and install KB3168965.

Restart and set Windows to Check for updates but let me choose what to install.

Click search for updates.

Let it search for 1-2 hours. Should come up with results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/398466-important-updates-disappear.html
Relevancy 55.47%

This topic could fit in a few places but HERE is probably the broadest coverage I am a dedicated Windows user I own four WIN PC's and one WIN LT I'm shall we say 'well seasoned' and it is entirely possible my computer OS's will last longer then MY OS Further on a one month test of WIN I found it to have stuff neither myself or Mrs Gizmo will ever use I have all these rigs set up to use Once updates ? and for all...'Important/Critical' OPERA present stable version and do not use I E for anything Also I operate all of them using Sandboxie for security My residence is entirely Ethernet no wireless access and when any of my Kids or someone looking for my computer help come Once and for all...'Important/Critical' updates ? here I cascade one of my spare routers so We and Them are on different home networks Since my version of Microsoft Office is a little 'old' it will no longer run in my sandbox so if we get any E-Mail with attachments those are taken out of the E-Mail POP and forced to run IN the sandbox at least once before general opening I think we run about as secure as a home outfit can The Once and for all...'Important/Critical' updates ? last time I installed a Hard Drive it involved uSoft Updates And WIN will continue to be patched until January I find myself asking WHY bother Our installed software Once and for all...'Important/Critical' updates ? drivers etc all operate perfectly How can anything get TO us I've been running Sandboxie for over six years now and not a thing has ever gotten out of the 'box that wasn't invited out Everybody I ever ask about it assures me that I very much NEED to keep my WIN machines Microsoft Up to Date but when pressed they never really know why FOR US I am thinking I have wasted my last 'time' worshiping at the alter of Patch Tuesday WHAT does anybody here on this forum KNOW to make me change my mind and rejoin the herd Thanks for your patience I don't know how to be complete and be any shorter in my quirey Giz

A:Once and for all...'Important/Critical' updates ?

is any computer really safe? is windows ever 100% safe and secure? how many updates have been issued for its various operating systems since i purchased xp home sp1a retail more moons ago than i can remember? and who are you trying to keep your pc safe from? the spoilsports ratbags and shysters out to nick your money, or m/s now spying on you at every opportunity and then flogging that data? dont forget, m/s make windows and they are(going by all accounts) using every nefarious trick to infect and steal your data?

whatever you do, some scuzzbucket will find a workaround to a latest update to get into your pc. m/s will keep forcing you to update, bearing in mind those updates will also try to steal your data. you willl be damned if you dont and screwed if you do update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/390238-once-all-important-critical-updates.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Overnight my PC, Windows 7, did several updates. Many of them, status important, failed. What can I do to resolve this issue?
Shirley

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2297f264-0d3d-464d-8b2e-89e5e6da07e2/failure-of-important-updates?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 55.47%

When I see the Windows Updates listing there's a tab for "important" and a tab for "recommended." Today I loaded all updates that were important. But when I looked in my update history, a few were described as recommended.

Also, today some places listed one update as "critical" - (the one about IE) and the rest as important.
But the word "critical" didn't appear at all. In other words these classifying things aren't consistent, have you noticed?

A:Updates - important/recommended etc.

Some updates are Critical in some circumstances, but not others - in real terms, any Security Update should be regarded as Critical - and others as Important or Optional
Since all IE Cumulative Updates contain Security elements, they are all critical - but because a given month's Cumulative update doesn't contain new Security Updates, it may be downgraded.

... but yes, the terminology does get confusing at times. One reason why it's good policy to install all updates unless you have good reason not to do so.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/344916-updates-important-recommended-etc.html
Relevancy 55.47%

OS - Windows Vista Hme Prem bit Srvce Pk Hello Below is a detailed list of important updates Desktop PC 6 03.12.2010 as of updates important will be one year next month I did not renew 6 important updates as of 03.12.2010 the Microsoft Office after trial period that came as a package w no future intention of acquiring it I'm using the free Open Office program - word processing mostly at this time Is there anything in the list below that is of importance I only have a basic PC with DVD player for movies etc No scanner printer or fax Not even external hard drive or usb flash drive Otherwise I understand that I can just choose to hide the updates so it will not keep reminding me Also I choose to keep my OS w Srvce pk and MS IE version for as long as I'll be able to I had too many probs with Srvce pk and MS IE version Your opinion if any is welcome Your assistance is greatly appreciated Thank you NBB PowerPoint Viewer Service Pack SP Download size MB Update type Important Service Pack provides the latest updates to PowerPoint Viewer 6 important updates as of 03.12.2010 More information http www microsoft com downloads details aspx FamilyId A E -C - D- DD- D A F A amp displaylang en Help and Support http support microsoft com LN en-us Security Update for PowerPoint Viewer KB Download size KB Update type Important A security vulnerability exists in Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer that could allow arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modified file is opened This update resolves that vulnerability More information http www microsoft com downloads details aspx FamilyId B - C - -A E -D F D D C 6 important updates as of 03.12.2010 amp displaylang en Help and Support http support microsoft com LN en-us Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack Service Pack SP Download size MB Update type Important Service Pack provides the latest updates to the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack More information http www microsoft com downloads details aspx FamilyId F AB F- F D- A - - CA E B amp displaylang en Help and Support http support microsoft com LN en-us Security Update for the Microsoft Office System KB Download size MB Update type Important A security vulnerability exists in the Microsoft Office System and the Compatibility Pack for the Office system that could allow remote code execution This update resolves that vulnerability More information http support microsoft com kb Help and Support http support microsoft com LN en-us Security Update for the Microsoft Office System KB Download size KB Update type Important A security vulnerability exists in Microsoft PowerPoint that could allow arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modified document is opened This update resolves that vulnerability More information http www microsoft com downloads details aspx FamilyId E D A C - A- F - D - A E A amp displaylang en Help and Support http support microsoft com LN en-us Security Update for the Microsoft Office System KB Download size MB Update type Important A security vulnerability exists in the Microsoft Office System that could allow arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modified file is opened This update resolves the vulnerability so that the Microsoft Office System documents are handled appropriately More information http support microsoft com kb Help and Support http support microsoft com LN en-us

A:6 important updates as of 03.12.2010

Hi,

I would strongly recommend installing SP2 and IE8 as soon as possible. If you have any problems, we are here to help. If these updates came through before you uninstalled Office, then that is why. If Office is still installed, then you need these updates. Uninstall Office if you are going to, recheck for updates, and install any that are suggested. Any problems, post back.

Richard

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/272321-6-important-updates-03-12-2010-a.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have let the Windows Update running for more than 24 hours and still nothing to show to download the files from Windows Update for my desktop. I did ran through one program trying to fix Windows Update and got one problem. Here is below:

Windows Update error 0x80080005 ( 2016-11-07 - T_12_04_56P ) not fixed.

I am not sure what is that and won't be able to fix this problem.

Any idea to fix this problem so I will be able to run Windows Update.

Thank you,

John

A:Windows Update stuck at checking for updates

Also run Windows Update Troubleshooter as well but stuck at checking for updates online.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/402340-windows-update-stuck-checking-updates.html
Relevancy 55.04%

cannot use the restore function and the windows repair does not work. I had some success with unmounting the drive but when I reboot again, everything went back to my problem state.

Somewhere along my work, I also created a recovered Operating system which is invalid so when I boot up it gives me a choice of Windows 7 or the recovered system. The recovered system goes no where. The windows 7 option goes into the endless loop.

Please help. This is so frustrating to be down 2 days trying to fix something like this.

A:Stuck configuring updates. Windows 7 on F: versus C:

I was able to go into msconfig.exe and delete the recovered option in the boot section and by doing a clean boot, it fixed itself.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/180140-stuck-configuring-updates-windows-7-f-versus-c.html
Relevancy 55.04%

i can't check for any updates windows update always get stuck at and i tried most fixes on the internet like sfc dism , windows fix it tool , troubleshooting windows update. pls help i need to fix this so i can upgrade to windows 10

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/69301-windows-update-stuck-checking-updates.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Windows update was stuck on checking for updates for about 24 hours.  When I got the updates I tried to download 14 updates.  They would not download. Ran update trouble shooter.  It fixed 3 issues but could not solve error 0x80070057. Lost all of the updates after ranning the fix it.   Now checking for updates again and taking forever.  Have 2 other laptops, not HP's, no problems with downloading or installing updates.  This forum was a great help to me in past.  Thank you.  I hope you can assist me again.

A:Windows update stuck on check for updates

Hi @Chassell,Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Notebook and it having startup issues.  Try performing a Hard Reset.When performing a hard reset please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices.Here is a link to computer won't start for Windows.Plug the power adapter directly into a different wall outlet. Do not plug it into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source as this could cause and issue.Do you hear the Fans? If yes, try to connect a monitor to see what happens. Please let me know how this goes.You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below!.Thanks. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Windows-update-stuck-on-check-for-updates/td-p/5595430
Relevancy 55.04%

Pic in use:
alienware17
32gb ddr3 ram
os on 256gb solid state
nvidia gtx 880m 8gb ddr5
intelcore i7 4970 Mqz 2.9ghz 4ghz 8 core

so I turned my pic off at about 1am last night and it said I had to update then shutdown which was fine, but it went straight to 58/ 174, and I left it on overnight and it was still like that now 7 hours later

please help!

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/71701-windows-8-1-stuck-updates-after-update-shutdown.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi,

I've tried to lookup the solutions online most of them didn't work, I also can't access my desktop since its always stuck on "failure configuring windows updates" even with a hard boot. I'm using Windows 7 Pro.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

A:failure configuring windows updates stuck

Take a look at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/949358 .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607154/failure-configuring-windows-updates-stuck/
Relevancy 55.04%

Dear all,

my windows update on W10 is checking for updates forever. It seems to have stucked. How can I solve this, please?

Thank you in advance!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/windows-update-stuck-while-checking-for-updates-1045689.html
Relevancy 55.04%

So I have searched this forum diligently (and Microsoft's website), downloaded multiple scripts and FixIt-ers, and have had absolutely no luck. This is killing me! I am stuck needing 93 files updated, and for some reason I cannot use the run/cmd program to install Automatic Updates (It is missing from services.msc). I am really stuck, and I normally don't get stuck. This is why I need your help.

Is there any other information I need to give you? I'm using a Sony Vaio EA290X. I use Ccleaner if that helps... Last time I got updated was over a month ago. Thanks so much for your help.

A:Windows 7 Updates stuck at 0%, Error 80200001

so apparently the key to fixing it was creating an account on this forum i will let you know if I have more problems or if i ever figure out what it was that fixed it. Thanks anyways!

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/245794-windows-7-updates-stuck-0-error-80200001-a.html
Relevancy 55.04%

This issue started this past Saturday Dec Per Windows Update Posting instructions Downloaded SURT When first tried to download SURT on Saturday it would not download But when tried again yesterday Sun Dec - it was successful However although it said the installation and 0% Windows at 7 Downloading stuck Updates-Checking of was successful and it showed up in Update History it did NOT show up in Installed Updates I tried it twice SFC Scan I read about doing this on other websites as well The first time I ran it it came back with the message that it fixed errors The nd time I ran it the results were no violations and when I ran Windows 7 Updates-Checking and Downloading stuck at 0% it a rd time which the attached CBS log is from it also had no errors Windows Update Error Codes The biggest problem is the check Windows 7 Updates-Checking and Downloading stuck at 0% updates Windows 7 Updates-Checking and Downloading stuck at 0% or the downloading updates just don't go anywhere I did get an error message when I tried to download SURT as mentioned above but I was able to get it downloaded yesterday The other error code I got was when I did a System Restore Point It came back with the xc code and said it didn't restore the system But it must have because the Update information was different and reflected the date of the restore points Plus any changes I had done were gone and reflected the date of the restore points And the other error code was from the Diagnostic Tool from the help feature in Windows I think it was the error that it said it couldn't fix It did list some other issues that it said it fixed but I did not write it down or get a screenshot I could run that tool again if needed to verify Log Collection I was not able to attach the CBS log - I tried times and each time received a server error And then realized it's because of file size Even my zip file is just too big Please advise on how to get the information Start New Thread Hopefully I did that correctly I spent quite a bit of time trying various other things - such as the restore points clean disk and I also did a Checkdisk from the cmd prompt I did foray into a slight addition to the registry from a suggestion from another website but ended up deleting it because I didn't think it fixed anything at all and I don't like messing with the registry I did a system restore point after that I also did the SoftwareDistribution folder thing that is mentioned on many websites but that didn't help either I did try the start and stop services from cmd prompt as well with no change either Currently my workaround is copying the updates from the Update Catalog and installing them one by one manually Obviously that is quite time consuming and as I did get months behind will take awhile to get through them all Plus I am concerned about the order I am doing the oldest first and also worried about making a mistake and or missing some So far I've managed to get installed and have verified they are showing up in Installed Updates I also ran the Fixit and the other diagnostic tool recommended on the MS websites The Fixit tool didn't seem to do anything at all and the other tool returned the error code mentioned above I also called my AV company AVG Internet Security and had them do a disable AV with me over the phone and attempted to download updates There wasn't any change I also disabled the AV again yesterday and there was no difference I have done full computer scans for viruses with no issues reported I greatly appreciate any and all assistance to get this resolved and thank you in advance for your time Regards Hank

A:Windows 7 Updates-Checking and Downloading stuck at 0%

I went online to try again tonight and it appears that the Updates are working. I don't know how or why but I'm now thinking it was more of an overloaded server than anything else.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/387673-windows-7-updates-checking-downloading-stuck-0-a.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi
Have got 2 computers both using xp. Both crashed while downloading microsofts tuesday update.
Both are now stuck in a loop of reboots without ever getting into windows.
Safe mode does nothing as does last known working.........
If anyone finds a work round please post
Thanks.

A:Windows stuck in reboot loop after updates

Hello,

Since your problem was a completely different issue than was being discussed, I've split it off into it's own thread. In the future, please do not piggy back onto another thread with an issue different than what is being discussed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-stuck-in-reboot-loop-after-updates.868836/
Relevancy 55.04%

earlier it was windows 10 updated from windows 7, recently i compolete new install windows 7 after installation i m not able to update this PC. always i am see Checking for updates so many time i restarted and trying to update no use. i even ren software
distribution folder and tried no use. 

Regards, K Suresh

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0ca42601-a340-4d34-9955-ce1bd4c049ea/windows-7-pro-not-able-to-update-stuck-at-checking-for-updates?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 55.04%

What is preventing MS monthly patches (updates) from downloading? It is Saturday and since Wednesday, my system has been trying to download these updates and using ±50% CPU of a svchost.exe (stsyem) file. I've been looking for a solution and wanted to get another opinion if this would work without compromising my system:

change download setting to "Never check for updates"
reboot
download and install June 2016 rollup for Windows 7 SP1 (https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/3161608)
reboot
change download setting to "Install updates"

A:Windows 7 - 64 bit stuck trying to download July MS updates

Download and run the Windows Update Troubleshooter.

Clicking on the link above will automatically start the download.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/620077/windows-7-64-bit-stuck-trying-to-download-july-ms-updates/
Relevancy 55.04%

my computer is stuck on windows configuring up dates stage 3 and won't go any further and it keeps restarting its self. and i only know how to use it don't know anything about fixing kinks.

A:computer is stuck on windows configuring updates

Go into Safe Mode and try System Restore. The update should have created a Restore Point just before installation.

To get to Safe Mode, reboot machine, after memory counting screen, repeatedly hit F8.

To get to System Restore, it is at Start Button > All Programs > Accesories > System Tools > System Restore.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-is-stuck-on-windows-configuring-updates.973822/
Relevancy 55.04%

So as of about a week ago, I've been having some issues with some applications stuck in an 'always on top mode'. For example, I may be using Pidgin IM, and I'll open up Windows Explorer. Windows Explorer will open up behind Pidgin, and even clicking on Windows Explorer won't bring it in the foreground, thereby causing me to have to minimize pidgin manually.

I thought this was a problem with just me, but one of my friends just recently complained about this too, which leads me to believe that this is affecting a lot of others.

Does anyone know anything about this problem or how to fix it? Running Windows 8.1 Pro.

A:Windows are stuck in 'always on top' mode as of recent updates

Are you only seeing this issue on this one program?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/windows-are-stuck-in-always-on-top-mode-as-of-recent-updates-963169.html
Relevancy 55.04%

hi everybody im having a really tough time trying to get updates for win7 windows update stays stuck on the checking for updates screen non stop without showing any signs of progress at all i have tried numerous fixes like renaming the software distribution and catroot2 folders as well as running batch files that completely reset all windows update components and cleans the update history completely to no avail. I have also tried restore points and have scanned for viruses and nothing comes up nothing seems to be working anyone have an ideas at this point i might have to do another clean reinstall which i really dont wana do

A:windows 7 update stuck at checking for updates

how are you trying to get the updates? if manually, what browser? did you try another browser? also try going into safemode with network and see if you can get the updates

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-update-stuck-at-checking-for-updates-782321.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have installed Windows 7 starter on my netbook. Now it's time to update

WU first said it had to update a component and seems it did correctly.

After each boot, WU says "Check for updates for this computer" (I have it set to check but not download them)
Windows Update is stuck at checking for updates, and while that, CPU usage remains at 50% with occasional spikes at 100% by svchost.

No error codes, SFC scannow returns OK, no log files, and no error codes as per the "Windows Update Posting Instructions" thread.
I have defragged, cleaned registry, reset Windows update as per the "Windows Update - Reset" thread, and waited for hours and hours.

I searched and can't get a clue some say to simply wait but I've waited too much.
What else can I do?

Thank you-

A:Windows Update stuck at checking for updates

Hi,
Well you can always close the update window and shut down or restart and see if that shakes it up
Resetting windows updates also removes any wifi or lan drivers that are loaded that I know of pretty much resets everything which there are hundreds of updates to display

You might check but reset also reset updates settings to default which is to download and install so you might double check that if you haven't already.

I've always gotten in a habit to use wired internet connections when checking for or loading updates.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/380021-windows-update-stuck-checking-updates.html
Relevancy 55.04%

this is not fixed by anything i've tried everywhere, i left the computer in question sit for 12+ HRS, and still checking for updates, and it will stay like that for days upon days if i let it, i don't know how to fix it, windows vista home basic sp2, i've even tried microsoft's fixit tool to no avail either, anything that will fix my problem is appreciated minus reinstalling, as i really don't want to.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-stuck-at-checking-for-updates.1168530/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have tried several solutions to get the updates working but nothing is helping at this point.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do?

A:Windows 7 new install stuck on checking for updates

You can use this offline updater : WSUS Offline Update
It doesn't solve the problem but at least you can update Windows.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/windows-7-new-install-stuck-on-checking-for-updates.51145/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello All I have a laptop that I've been trying to install updates on for the past seven days nbsp However no matter what I seem to do Windows Update shows the quot Checking for updates quot progress bar with the green marquee nbsp Here is what I've tried nbsp Let it check for updates for two days continuously nbsp Ensured that Windows Service Pack is activated nbsp Made sure that the two services BITS and Windows Update are enabled and running nbsp Reinstalled Windows Service Pack twice now and tried to run updates on a clean install nbsp Made sure that the computer can connect to the internet nbsp Tried AutoPatcher on the previous install which could download the updates but would stuck Windows forever Updates 2016.08.16 hang on installing them I'm running sfc scannow to see if it finds anything but this is currently a fresh install nbsp The only drivers installed are the ones that worked from install and no new programs have been installed Are updates currently just broken for Windows in general or specific versions of Windows such as Thanks in advance

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0d959872-b46b-45fe-b02e-47727b11a4b5/20160816-windows-updates-stuck-forever?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 55.04%

To whomever can help:

I was given a computer for my daughter. It was JUST installed with Windows 7 home Premium sp1 when we got it. When I have tried to check for updates, it gets stuck- even if I leave it for hours & hours, it still continues to "check for updates" (& I have very fast internet). I have ran microsofts windows update troubleshooter, but it still does the same thing. I have ran the things listed in the sticky needed to be done for problems with windows update, with no issues. Please help.

Thank you for your time & assistance.

Dell Vostro A860
Windows 7 Home Premium (clean install) sp1

A:new install Windows 7 sp1 stuck checking updates

Noel is our expert on Windows 7 Updates and he is off line.

Just a note:
I just did a Clean Install yesterday and it took 5 hours to download and install Updates. Their will be over 200 of them.
The bar that goes across the screen lies. I watch my router activity light to see if things are being downloaded.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/379929-new-install-windows-7-sp1-stuck-checking-updates.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a for Update at stuck Checking Windows updates? Toshiba T D-S running Windows Home Premium version SP Build currently on my bench trying to Windows Update stuck at Checking for updates? work out extreme slow-downs for a friend While I have seemed to have solved the slow-down issues when running Windows Update it seems to just spin it's wheels indefinitely while quot Checking for updates quot I am running Windows Update from the system control panel not a browser I tried the steps detailed in this thread Windows Update - Reset running the third batch file as administrator restarting when it's done Did not resolve the issue I also tried running the Windows Diagnostic utility as described in that same thread and it did find and fix several problems but Windows Update still seems to sit checking for updates for hours never completing The HDD activity light does go on and off somewhat furiously during this time I did notice that there are very many failed updates in the update history list before running the BAT or Windows Diagnostic utility Windows Update stuck at Checking for updates? Any ideas How long should I typically let Windows Update run before giving up hope Any help would be appreciated I wasn't sure if it was better to post a new thread for this or post in the thread linked above figured a new thread made more sense Thanks

A:Windows Update stuck at Checking for updates?

> How long should I typically let Windows Update run before giving up hope?
Typically, 20 minutes.
Currently, 20+ hours.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/381529-windows-update-stuck-checking-updates.html
Relevancy 55.04%

This has never happened before but I can't download the latest batch of updates! I've tried downloading one at a time but it makes no difference, just stuck on downloading 0%. I've tried to go into services.msc to switch off windows updates but it says 'stopping' with the options to stop/re-start greyed out.

I've tried the windows trouble shooter which detects problems and then says resolving but again after 20 minutes or so it still says the same thing. Does it take a long time (perhaps I'm being impatient)?

I've run out of time tonight but will try the windows update system readiness tool tomorrow.

In the meantime, does anyone have ideas I could try? As I say, I've never had problems downloading updates before.

LevelBest

A:Latest windows updates stuck on downloading at 0%

You mean, it's searching for updates, takes a while, finds the updates, but when you select to install, it takes forever to download?

If that's the case, how long did you wait for it to start downloading before cancelling?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/397423-latest-windows-updates-stuck-downloading-0-a.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Terminal has POS7 imaged on it, I know it usually takes 5-6 hours for first round of updates to run, but it has been going for almost 24 hours. I thought there is a package out there somewhere that has the other SPs in it to make the process a lot quicker. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

A:Windows 7 stuck on checking updates after re-image

Go to this site: http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=kb3125574 .  
That has all the updates from SP1 through April 2016.  The 64 bit version is 477 GB, the 32 bit one is 316 GB.

Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/616788/windows-7-stuck-on-checking-updates-after-re-image/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello all. I am trying to repair a computer that is stuck on the 'Configuring Updates' screen. Here is what I have done so far:

- Safe Mode gets stuck on the same screen.
- I have tried using the recovery cd to repair the system, but it doesn't work.
- For whatever reason, there are no restore points on this computer, so that option is out.
- I tried renaming and/or deleting the pending.xml file from c:\windows\winsxs, but the file does not exist.
- I deleted the two registry keys from HKLM\Offline Components (PendingXMLIndentifier and AdvancedInstallersNeedResolving), but to no avail

If I just let the computer sit, sometimes it will load into Windows (after several hours), but sometimes it will not. Even switching users or logging off triggers the 'Configuring Updates 3 of 3 0%' screen. Outside of reinstalling Windows or throwing the computer off the building, what can I do? Thanks!

A:[SOLVED] Windows Vista stuck on updates

Hello, how much free space have you on your HDD? Click on My Computer, right-click your System Drive, Properties and it should tell you what free space is available.

How much RAM have you? Right-click My Computer, Properties and it will tell you on that screen.

Regards,
George

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-windows-vista-stuck-on-updates-550299.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello So after running Win Windows Checking Forever at for Stuck Updates for a couple of months I decided to downgrade today to Win because my PC stopped working since today morning probably due to corrupt Win sys files I couldn't even get it to repair or Windows Stuck at Checking for Updates Forever reset Anyhow I formatted my SSD and clean installed Windows x today evening and since then it has installed a few updates When I check for updates manually it just goes on checking and checking I downloaded and installed the Windows Update Troubleshooter Tool from https support microsoft com en-us e-issues en-us and ran it and it came up with an error Please check the attached screenshot Can someone kindly advise what this error is about and how do I resolve this I saw many threads here about Windows getting stuck at Windows Stuck at Checking for Updates Forever Checking For Updates but I thought of mentioning the error message here so that I can get some advise from the experts Please help Many thanks UPDATE - I downloaded an ran the MS FixIt utility for update troubleshooting and even that is stuck at Checking for updates online

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/384770-windows-stuck-checking-updates-forever.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I recently installed Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. Previous operating system was Windows 10. When I run a Windows Update, it doesn't stop Checking for Updates. I left it for a 24 hour period yesterday, restarted, and then let it go over night again today.

When I was installing the Network Adapter driver, I received this message: Microsoft SNMP Service was not detected. You must install this service for the Advanced Server sub-agent to work properly. Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) is checked when I look at the Windows Features under Turn Windows features on or off in the Control Panel. The driver installation finished and I am able to make network connections. I am not sure if this is related to the Windows Update issue so I though I would mention it.

Thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/402045-windows-update-stuck-checking-updates.html
Relevancy 55.04%

please help with specify;thanks;Everytime I start windows update it won't download the updates. The bar keeps on running but nothing downloads and the percentage stays at 0%.
Whats wrong? Anything I can do to fix this?

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/130106-windows-update-will-not-download-updates-stuck-0-dow.html