Windows Support Forum

Updates that are constantly failing to update...

Q: Updates that are constantly failing to update...

I have tried updating them one-by-one but they still end up failing on me! Help!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Updates that are constantly failing to update...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Updates that are constantly failing to update...

WIN | type SLUI.EXE | ENTER

Make a snippet of the resulting display and upload.

This will let us know if Microsoft thinks that your Win 7 in genuine.

The reason for this is that if the Win 7 is not considered to be genuine then only critical updates will be applied.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/228669-updates-constantly-failing-update.html
Relevancy 82.56%

My updates keep failing and searching for updates takes forever I have tried a lot of things like - run MicrosoftFixit - clean boot with only for forever searching and constantly updates updates failing takes windows services - chkdsk F - sfc scannow - try to install packages manually - run CheckSUR and a couple other things I can't remember right now But still the same issues like before Error Code Error Code Error Code B I checked CheckSUR log updates constantly failing and searching for updates takes forever and resolved about errors corrupt missing manifest files missing sample files etc and now have still left Checking Component Store f CSI Manifest Failed Catalog Check x winsxs Manifests amd microsoft-windows-shell bf ad e none ca d c e f manifest amd microsoft-windows-shell bf ad e none ca d c e f f CSI Manifest Failed Catalog Check x winsxs Manifests amd microsoft-windows-ieframe bf ad e none a ee c b manifest amd microsoft-windows-ieframe bf ad e none a ee c b f CSI Manifest Failed Catalog Check x winsxs Manifests x microsoft-windows-msauditevtlog bf ad e none c c f d d a manifest x microsoft-windows-msauditevtlog bf ad e none c c f d d a f CSI Manifest All Zeros x winsxs Manifests amd dde acad d b f e f e b f f f d updates constantly failing and searching for updates takes forever a a none ea d d updates constantly failing and searching for updates takes forever d b c manifest amd dde acad d b f e f e b f f f d a a none ea d d d b c f CSI Payload File Missing x crypt dll amd microsoft-windows-crypt -dll bf ad e none b cf dcd c f CSI Payload File Missing x win k sys amd microsoft-windows-win k bf ad e none a c ca f Summary Seconds executed Found errors CSI Manifest All Zeros Total count CSI Manifest Failed Catalog Check Total count CSI Payload File Missing Total count Unavailable repair files winsxs manifests amd microsoft-windows-shell bf ad e none ca d c e f manifest winsxs manifests amd microsoft-windows-ieframe bf ad e none a ee c b manifest winsxs manifests x microsoft-windows-msauditevtlog bf ad e none c c f d d a manifest winsxs manifests amd dde acad d b f e f e b f f f d a a none ea d d d b c manifest I tried to mount windows dvd but the version of these files do not match and I don't know where to get them from Also I am not even sure if this will solve my update issues - kasefloha -

A:updates constantly failing and searching for updates takes forever

Windows updates have been slow for a lot of Windows 7 users ever since Windows 10 was released.
Try rebooting the PC, then install the latest Windows update client. Then reboot the PC again and check for updates. Be prepared to wait for at least 30 minutes.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3135445

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/392078-updates-constantly-failing-searching-updates-takes-forever.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi I have had several problems with my laptop since I bought it The first one had continual blue screens and other issues and was replaced within all updates Windows Update failing - a few weeks The second had the same problems but by that point I had moved abroad to study and work and needed it to Windows Update - all updates failing write documents for work and write my dissertation so there was no way I could send it away for weeks to get replaced again I have learned to live with the blue screens as I don t know how to fix it but so far hasn t lost me any data the ones I most often get are BAD POOL CALLER and sometimes PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA and maybe others but I don t always notice before it disappears Several months ago though my updates started failing First it was a few at a time then most of them but the occassional one would work and now for the last few weeks if not months every Windows Update - all updates failing single one has been failing I used to try searching for the error codes but there were so many and I never got any straight answers on what to actually do so I m hoping one of you kind souls can help me Many thanks in advance nbsp

A:Windows Update - all updates failing

If it's still under warranty I'd sure try to get this resolved by using the warranty. Here's some of the information I found by searching for your error messages.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Also Bug Check 0x50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Bug Check 0xC2: BAD_POOL_CALLER

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-all-updates-failing.853095/
Relevancy 68.37%

The following updates continue to fail:

KB2798162
KB2893519
KB2918614
KB3008627

All fail with code 800B0100

Have tried all Microsoft fixes already, not fix the issue.

I have read some of the previous posts for this same issue, so I have run the System Readiness Tool for my OS and have attached the logs.

Thanks in advance

A:Multiple updates failing in Windows Update - Win 7/64-bit

Hello,SURT Package replacementWarning: this fix is specific to the user in this thread. No one else should follow these instructions as it may cause more harm than good. If you are after assistance, please start a thread of your own.Click Here to download Packs.zip and save this to your Desktop.Right-click on the file and select Extract All...Tick the box labelled Show extracted files when complete then click ExtractA window will open showing two folders, Manifests and PackagesOpen the Manifests folder and copy the files into the following folder (if there are any files)C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\Winsxs\ManifestsOpen the Packages folder and copy the files into the following folder (if there are any files)C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\Servicing\PackagesRun the System Update Readiness Tool (SURT) again.When the SURT finishes installing, copy (Ctrl + C) and paste (Ctrl + V) the contents of the SURT log into your next post please:C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.logC:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.persist.log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/568552/multiple-updates-failing-in-windows-update-win-764-bit/
Relevancy 68.37%

I'm having trouble installing updates in windows 8.1. I've identified through sfc /scannow that there is store file corruption however sfc is unable to fix them i tried doing the DISM restore health and it did nothing. Following the advice of site on from google i tried running this from admin command prompt 
 net stop wuauserv
cd %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution
ren Download Download.old
net start wuauserv
net stop bits
net start bits
net stop cryptsvc
cd %systemroot%\system32
ren catroot2 catroot2old
net start cryptsvc

and re ran the the DISM /restorehealth and now the DISM is stuck at 40% for the past 3 hours. How do i fix this so my updates start working again?

A:Windows update keeps failing to install updates.

Any ideas?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/566575/windows-update-keeps-failing-to-install-updates/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello

Frustrated with trying to fix this myself and thought I would turn to the forum for some help. I have been unable to install KB 2929437, KB 2871997, or KB 2830477 either as a group or individually. The error codes are all different and are below:

KB 2929437: error 8007054F
KB 2871997: error 80070490
KB 2830477: error 80070BC9

Since this started, Windows Update was able to install several other updates but not these three for some reason. I have run the System Update Readiness Tool and the SFC scan without change in the errors. The SFC scan continues to show corrupt files but is unable to fix them.

Problem #2 - I also appear to be unable to upload the zipped CBS log and continue to get internal server errors from the website when I try to attach the file. I would be happy to do so if anyone knows a way around this.

Thanks in advance!

sam

A:Windows update repeatedly failing with 3 updates

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data
If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CBA files, for a number of reasons)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/331993-windows-update-repeatedly-failing-3-updates.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I am getting a not Genuine Window dialog and updates not dialog and failing Getting update 69 a Windows Genuine on I have a stack of important windows updates that won't install Any help would be greatly Getting a not Genuine Windows dialog and update failing on 69 updates appreciated Best Regards Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code x FE Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - -XXFCY- BR V- X J Windows Product Key Hash TcZBJdOL yQeuYoO PWX NAV x Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM SLP Windows OS version ID E C BB-F A - A-A CA- FC F F Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Professional Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt File Mismatch C Windows system wat watadminsvc exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watux exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system sppobjs dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system sppc dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppcext dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppwinob dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system slc dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system slcext dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppuinotify dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system slui exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system sppcomapi dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppcommdlg dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppsvc exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system drivers spsys sys Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system drivers spldr sys Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system systemcpl dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system user dll Hr x b Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt - - A-AA - B DBADA lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - - X J lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Sony Corporation lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt VPCZ GX lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt INSYDE lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt R C lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt C FC lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Eastern Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt Sony lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt VAIO lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Software licensing service version Name Windows R Professional edition... Read more

A:Getting a not Genuine Windows dialog and update failing on 69 updates

This may simply be caused by a bad set of Intel Rapid Storage Technology drivers -

Installing the Intel Rapid Storage Drivers
try downloading and installing them from here - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=2101&DwnldID=22194

(you want the iata_enu.exe download)

Once complete, please reboot twice, then post another MGADiag report.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/330417-getting-not-genuine-windows-dialog-update-failing-69-updates.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello all,

I installed the Anniversary Windows 10 update from scratch on my Surface Book. After installing all the Surface Book drivers, I ran Windows Update and it downloaded and wanted to install more device drivers.

Most of those drivers failed to install and it won't let me re-install them.

Can anyone please tell me why this is happening?

Screenshot #1:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q49jcczsvzwft3m/1.jpg?dl=0

Screenshot #2:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/do66q10ghy8wih0/2.jpg?dl=0

setupapi.dev.log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zahs8a5767...i.dev.log?dl=0

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/58638-installed-anniversary-update-sb-windows-updates-failing.html
Relevancy 67.51%

My Windows 8 Pro Store lists 4 available App updates: music, video, games and mail. When I select STORE and chose to update, the apps attempt to download and install the updates. They have failed to update for 4 days now. The error codes are either 0x80070002 OR 0x80246007.

I have previously downloaded and followed the instructions for apps.diagcab, rebooted. Nothing seems to resolve my inability to update these recently released App updates.

I have not installed any new software. My other Apps, including Bing, News and Finance continue to list current updates without any exceptions.

Whenever I attempt to open music, games, video and mail, they fail to open and revert back to START.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Is Microsoft aware of this issue and attempting to resolve it? Thank you.

A:Recent Windows 8 App Store updates failing to update

Hello ABsfone, and welcome to Eight Forums.

See if clearing the Store cache may be able to help.
Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/22949-recent-windows-8-app-store-updates-failing-update.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello! I'm having a pretty hard time with a computer. There are six updates which are failing -

Each time I receive error code 80070490. So far I've tried sfc /scannow, tweaking, clean boot, renaming softwaredistribution folder and installing each update manually. Sometimes while installing manually it'll install for almost an hour then fail. I'm desperate here I'd really appreciate some help! Thanks in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/385619-windows-7-update-error-80070490-6-updates-failing.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I install Windows error update any updates Failing to 800706BA just did a Windows update error 800706BA Failing to install any updates fresh install on a new SSD for my laptop I am getting above error I reinstalled again and got the same I ran check disk already And I started SURT hours ago but it is stuck on Initializing installatipn help please let me know if you need anymore info Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code N A hr xc f Windows Product Key - -GB - RTG-GW Windows Product Key Hash ArJ lDfGuse pNGJIavBAOoniJQ Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type COA SLP Windows OS version ID D A FAE-E - - B - B ABE CE Is Admin Yes TestCab x Windows update error 800706BA Failing to install any updates LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Premium Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser c Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt File Mismatch C Windows system wat watadminsvc exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat npwatweb dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watux exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watweb dll Hr x Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt D A FAE-E - - B - B ABE CE lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -GW lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt ASUSTeK Computer Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt N SM lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt American Megatrends Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt N SM lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt B FE lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Eastern Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt ASUS lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt Notebook lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Software licensing service version Name Windows R HomePremium edition Description Windows Operating System - Windows R OEM COA SLP channel Activation ID e a a-f f - -b bd-ba e a d f Application ID c -d - d - e-d ec f f Extended PID - - - - - - - Installation ID Processor Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Machine Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Use License URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Product Key Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Partial Product Key GW Licen... Read more

A:Windows update error 800706BA Failing to install any updates

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data
If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/347696-windows-update-error-800706ba-failing-install-any-updates.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi

After your great help with my last problem i'm back with another (the price of success!)

Windows 7 ultimate - some updates are installing OK, some are being repeated after a successful installation & the IE10 update repeatedly fails with error code 9C59.

I've tried MS Fixit. I've done a repair install of Win7 ultimate, which improved things a little (before that,updates KB2667402 & KB982018 would continually fail).

CBS.zip & windowsupdate.log are attached.

Here's some background which may be relevant:
I started with Win 7 pro, which turned out to be non-genuine (ebay!). Windows updates stopped working because it was non-genuine. Microsoft supplied a new copy of Win7 ultimate, which I installed via a custom installation. I didn't do a clean install because I used a 3rd party product call PCmover to include all applications & settings in the upgrade to Win7 ultimate. All has been OK with Win7 ultimate except the updates.

THanks

A:Windows updates repeating & IE10 update failing (9C59)

PS.
I don't know if this would help:
"How do I reset Windows Update components?"
How do I reset Windows Update components?

I was going to try that but thought I'd ask here first.... taa

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/290058-windows-updates-repeating-ie10-update-failing-9c59.html
Relevancy 66.65%

So here goes my story After - years of use I decided to format and to do a clean install of Windows Home Premium through an USB install All goes well and the first thing I do is updating by using Windows update All updates succeed and I install all other programs needed for personal use But along the way my pc kept freezing especially during big downloads through Steam watching Flash Player videos in my browser or some trivial other things so I decided to restart my pc Blue screen appeared and I started everything over Format gt Clean install gt updates Failing Windows 800706F7) update Code updates in (Error: But now the updates didn't work as before and get stuck around - of them failing The error code been given every time Failing updates in Windows update (Error: Code 800706F7) is quot Code F quot I've done several things recommended on this forum and here are the results Ran the SURT tool and it installed Hotfix for Windows KB Ran a SFC scan Used the Fix It tool from MS to no avail Tried some other things I can't remember proposed on other forums but reverted with a system recovery point when they didn't work

A:Failing updates in Windows update (Error: Code 800706F7)

The CheckSUR log is incomplete - and there are no apparent problems in the CBS log or SFC scan.

Please upload the C:\Windows\windowsupdate.log file to a replay, and run the CheckSUR tool again - post the CheckSUR.log and CheckSURPersist.log files.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/355054-failing-updates-windows-update-error-code-800706f7.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello

I am having a problem with my computer where the updates never get installed. What happens is this, the computer will list the appropriate update for the machine. If you accept the outstanding updates the machine will run the install and then state that the updates were successful. If you look in the update list, it will display them as all added successfully.
Leaving the machine for a small amount of time the "New Updates are available" reappears with the updates that have just been installed being displayed again. There doesn't appear to be any error messages being displayed.
At present I have 15 windows updates that have the same problem. Can I please get some help with this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/399373-windows-update-constantly-loads-updates.html
Relevancy 65.79%

My windows pro update last successfully completed on Feb Since then if I click on windows update it starts quot scanning for updates quot and does not advance beyond that point I let it run for hours not constantly for will Windows - updates update scanning complete but it does not proceed Also maybe related when I shut down Windows update will not complete - constantly scanning for updates or restart the computer I get an infinite quot shutting down quot screen and the process does not complete Again it can sit there like that for hours then I give up and turn it off I have tried the following Ran CCCleaner Malwarebytes computer is clean ran the windows update repair tool said it fixed a Windows update will not complete - constantly scanning for updates service registration issue ran sfc scannnow I tried restore to a system restore point but apparently that isn't running correctly either At first it wouldn't even launch but now I can get it to launch but it doesn't list any available restore points Do I have any other options other than a complete reinstall If bite the bullet and upgrade to Windows arrrrgh is it going to carry over my problems Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/392485-windows-update-will-not-complete-constantly-scanning-updates.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I have two Win machines and both started doing this Tuesday One is my main desktop gaming machine the other is a mix of a Media Center and home server They re both setup different as to how and when they update On my desktop I have it set to notify me of updates which it stopped doing months ago and generally manually install them Wednesday or Thursday to make sure everything goes OK before the other machine gets them The other machine installs them automatically on Sunday When I turned on my desktop this past Wednesday the svchost exe process that handles Windows Update started eating up one whole updates. [Win7] Tuesday's Update eating Windows since constantly CPU core of CPU which it usually does when it checks for updates It generally stops after a few minutes but three hours later it was still going I remote logged into my other [Win7] Windows Update constantly eating CPU since Tuesday's updates. machine and it too had the svchost exe process going and it wasn t even scheduled to update On my desktop I went through the steps to reset Windows update by following this guide Once I restarted it went back to chewing up CPU time I opened the Windows Update and tried to install the updates but it sat there showing downloading updates I just left it running while I had to go out and do some errands I came back about - hours later and it was [Win7] Windows Update constantly eating CPU since Tuesday's updates. still sitting at downloading updates and eating up CPU time While I was searching for ways to fix it around an hour later it finally began to download the updates and installed them and so far it seems to be fine The CPU eating on the other machine also finally stopped about the same time Today though when I remote logged into the other machine svchost exe was going at it again This machine runs and I don t need it running up my electricity bill because of Windows Update so I [Win7] Windows Update constantly eating CPU since Tuesday's updates. decided to manually install the updates rather wait for it to do it Sunday Just like on my desktop when I started the update it sat at downloading for hours before finally installing them My desktop does not have any of the Win updates installed The other machine does but I have made the registry change to disable OS updates and disabled the GWX tasks in task manager because it runs Windows Media Center for recording TV and I don t want it updating Is anyone else having this problem I haven t seen any complaints anywhere about this past Tuesday s Windows Update causing problems but it seems odd that it happened on both of my Win machines So far after installing the updates the CPU consumption stopped but I don t want Windows Update doing this every month eating up CPU time until I manually install the updates and taking hours to update nbsp

A:[Win7] Windows Update constantly eating CPU since Tuesday's updates.

Microsoft hasn't been doing anything but fucking up Windows Update for Windows 7 users (and 8/8.1 users to lesser degrees) in a pretty blatant attempt to push people into giving up on Windows 7 (because they want you to believe it's basically obsolete and useless now which of course is an absolute lie) by making it so frustrating to use, especially when it comes to being updated with the latest security patches and whatever. For the moment there's realistically nothing you as an end user can do except "take it like a man" I suppose, not sure how else to put it delicately.

I think it's pretty sad what they're doing to loyal Windows users, but they have their own very different agenda now with Windows 10 and the rest of us that simply have no use for that operating system are being lambasted constantly with the crap they're putting us through just to keep Windows 7 updated - I mean, they state they'll support it till 2020 but I have to wonder just how many people have jumped ship to Windows 10 so far because they're simply ignorant of what's actually going on with the crap that Microsoft is pulling.

I haven't personally seen any issues with my machine but it has none of the "infected" (which is as good a word as any considering) Windows Updates which will try to get Windows 10 installed or at least force some notifications on the end user to get Windows 10 installed at some point. I take it upon myself to ensure that I check out each update they post either at the Knowledge Base itself or I'll check forums where people are doing a lot more research into this stuff and see what appears to be "safe" to install and what is best avoided like the plague.

Unfortunately, I'm in the minuscule minority in that respect, even around here at this forum where a lot of people are like me (disclaimer: assumption incoming): technologically adept and on top of things with respect to all this Windows Update bullshit.

Sad to say there's really not much you can do but hope enough people complain about the svchost.exe issue that another hotfix/update is posted soon to address yet another thing Microsoft has broken pretty much on purpose and according to plan.

I did a clean install yesterday for a client and here are the only updates I installed for him after the install and before I even got online with that machine (these were downloaded from the KB or from the Catalog manually and saved for offline installation):

That's it, just those, and with those Windows Update seems to not hang for really long periods of time, no more than about 10 minutes at most when checking for updates that first time after a clean install. I can't say if they'll affect a current install that might have a bunch of other updates already going, but that's what I've found to be useful to alleviate some of the ridiculous delays.

https://hardforum.com/threads/win7-windows-update-constantly-eating-cpu-since-tuesdays-updates.1902681/
Relevancy 58.91%

I Update Windows "Checking For Updates" constantly am running Windows Home bit edition Since Windows Update constantly "Checking For Updates" Monday Aug when I had a notification that Windows update had updates available for me the Update window has been constantly quot Checking for Updates quot When I first checked the notification I was shown a window with the listed updates After looking them over to be certain that there was no Windows in the list I clicked ok Since then for three solid days it has been quot Checking for Updates quot I have rebooted each morning and the same screen is there My computer is usually on at least - hours and in that time it appears only updates have actually taken place The list I was shown at the beginning consisted of mostly files less than megabytes each Nothing remotely large enough to cause delayed downloading nbsp How can I get the Updates to actually begin and stop quot Checking for updates quot or is there some alternate way to get the necessary files Thanks Steve ZV

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/314c9434-1937-468d-8411-a3fe565cfd65/windows-update-constantly-quotchecking-for-updatesquot?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 57.62%

Last week I formatted my hard drive and did a clean install of Win7.
Windows update found 99 updates, eventually these were all installed.
No progs were loaded at this time. More than half have failed; five pages full on a 22" monitor. Many are 'important'. jpeg shows about 1/5 of the failures.

I have uninstalled one and reinstalled and it worked, but it was slow. How can I force a large quantity of updates to reinstall?

Thank you!

A:Win7 32x, format & reload, win updates 60% failing (50+ updates)

Welcome to the Forum.

When doing that amount of Updates it is always better to do just a few at a time as there are some that need a reboot to finish installing properly, especially the .net ones.

If you could fill in your System Specs so the experts know just what machine you have it will make things a lot easier for them to help you with any problems, don't forget we can't see your machine so have no idea what you are using. There can often be differences between using a laptop to a desktop plus knowing what security software you use can help.

Again Welcome to the forum and I hope you can get the help you need.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/227393-win7-32x-format-reload-win-updates-60-failing-50-updates.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Windows Installer in Vista keeps failing to install updates Fails for a variety of reasons - Auto updates - it goes through the process of installing them but after reboot most have failed and it wants to reinstall them - Fails to install items like MSE or failing Installer constantly C runtime - It does try to install items such as Vista Security updates eg KB Security says it updated but then it reappears again as not updated - at times fail codes eg at other times nothing Machine is an AcerAspire SA with Vista Home Basic SP Windows Firewall and Avast A V Things I've tried ran the MS Installation fixit program microsoftfixit wu run exe as administrator Each time it says it found the problem and fixed it But running again gives the same result - ie it is not permanently fixing the problem several full virus scans using Installer constantly failing Avira and Kaspersky boot CD's and again with Avast loaded into Windows Also checked for root kit virus using Kaspesky online tool Nothing found run malwarebytes and ccleaner Nothing found installed fresh copies of msiexec exe msihnd dll and msi dll from a known good vista machine file sizes were identical carried out Installer constantly failing the three steps listed at Error Observed during installs that the installer service gets started OK Started the installer service manually Tried installing updates singly Some seem to update OK but then reappear as not installed Created a new account with admin permission and tried again using that - no change Uninstalled C run Installer constantly failing time thinking it was the problem Had to use Revo Now can't reinstall This seems to be impacting on Avast Tried all again with Antivirus and Firewall disabled Uninstalled Avast and tried to firstly MSE and then AVG - both failed to install Reinstalled Avast but still can't bring up its interface suspect due to C runtime Ran sfc scannow and no violations found Ran MS installer cleanup troubleshooter from Diagnose and fix program installing and uninstalling problems automatically It claimed to have found and fixed corrupt registry keys and uninstall issues Many updates related to Net framework so uninstalled that Again no improvement Can anyone please offer any more suggestions I'm running out of hair

A:Installer constantly failing

Hello. and welcome, and dang . wow even. you have tried alot of procedures and still have this issue. Are you able to perform a repair install ? Repair Install For Vista

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/294344-installer-constantly-failing.html
Relevancy 57.62%

My system info Manfacturer HP Model HP Pavillion DV GA UA ABA Processor AMD Turion tm X Mobile Technology TL- GHZ Memory GB System internet. failing Constantly type -bit OS Windows info Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack ISP info Comcast PC can connect to internet via ethernet cable It keeps freezing so the most information that I have on it is that it s Windows XP Service Pack Compaq Presario I keep becoming incapable of connecting to my wireless internet with my laptop when I turn it off or when I close it The Constantly failing internet. times when it actually decides to connect are sporadic and pretty much unpredictable I can connect to XBL and Wii just fine When I try to Diagnose and Repair I get a message saying quot Cable is not plugged into network adapter quot I m trying to learn whether or not there s a permanent solution to this problem but I will settle for something temporary Please help nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

I get a message everytime I try to updates Windows, there is over 112 updates which could not install, I have attached a picture of my error code (In the picture i have only tried one to see if it would work.)
Thanks

Attachment 301011

Attachment 301030

A:Windows Updates Are Failing to Install? ( Over 112 Updates)

please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions, so the experts can help you

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/317846-windows-updates-failing-install-over-112-updates.html
Relevancy 56.33%

My brother has encountered a problem that i ve been trying to fix but unsuccessfully due to the nature of explorer.exe slowed constantly down, failing. System the problem The issue is that all system functions opening start menu running control panel opening folders or System slowed down, explorer.exe constantly failing. running internet explorer run extremely slowly taking around - minutes to load or failing completely Explorer exe constantly fails and tries to restart Safe mode seems to work like normal no speed issues he has since said it has run slow in safemode he s not exactly happy right now System slowed down, explorer.exe constantly failing. and so is snapping at me when i ask him about it so this could be a lie The CPU is running at - constantly i checked performance monitor idle time for it and it is consistantly showing high idle time so it s not like its thrashing I have limited knowledge of his pc specs i know he s running a ghz quad with gb ram speed unknown but i doubt it ll have a relevance I ran a sfc scannow but came up with no errors he doesn t have a restore point set helpfull much and we cannot really access his antivirus effectively due to the whole speed of the system hours before i managed to successfully open event viewer for example Event viewer shows a number of issues which i will be able to provide more detail about tomorrow morning when he has calmed down a bit We ve tried to run the windows disk however theres not a fix option i ll be doing manufacturer default restore at some point probably if no solution is found failing that a format and reinstall maybe however im hoping someone online can shed some light on the whole situation something i ve missed maybe The biggest issue is it being so difficult to try to fix with it taking such a long time to open anything This is a new custom built pc from a website and im assuming the components themselves are ok cpu or hdd broken and it wouldn t start same with ram but im assuming a warning would of shown and unless he s lost gb in one go i doubt it would show much performance decrease the system seems cool enough from general feeling around it cold air being sucked in and blown out obviously while idle but even so EDIT I know he has changed the settings for cpu affinity for explorer exe but he says he changed it back something to do with wanting a game to be the sole process on a core of the cpu - - So after this wall of text help tyvm nbsp

A:System slowed down, explorer.exe constantly failing.

Have you checked for spyware using a program like Malware Bytes? Try booting i Safe Mode *F8 button mash at splash screen* then choose safe mode with networking and see if you can get MBAM downloaded with latest definitions.

That would be my suggestion right now, as with 8GB of RAM and a Quaddy, it shouldn't be screwing up that much, unless its a non legit copy of windows or heavily infected with viruses.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-slowed-down-explorer-exe-constantly-failing.1000091/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have two laptops running Windows Ultimate -bit edition These laptops are named quot Will quot and quot Jake quot I have a shared folder I set up on Jake's desktop There are files on Will's hard drive that I want to put in that shared folder However any attempt to do this is met by this screen on Will I have entered every username and password on both computers and even the homegroup password Nothing This is where it gets strange I turned off password protected sharing on Jake just fine I attempted Windows between 2 files to 7 Trying failing constantly share laptops, to do the same thing on Will and every time I save changes and go back it is turned back on I repeatedly select the radio button to turn it off and every time I check to see if it is still of it is back on Trying to share files between 2 Windows 7 laptops, constantly failing again So far I've tried everything I found here on Trying to share files between 2 Windows 7 laptops, constantly failing a Google search Can't find network password to file share windows I have tried everything I can think of to get these computers to talk to each other but I am currently at my wit's end Any help would be very much appreciated thanks

A:Trying to share files between 2 Windows 7 laptops, constantly failing

Hi make sure your following the steps here Simple Windows 7 File Sharing: Step-By-Step Procedure

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/trying-to-share-files-between-2-windows-7-laptops-constantly-failing-682029.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi all Working on an older Dell laptop for a friend ghz single-core GB RAM and cannot seem to get Windows Update to work it will take hours to quot check for Updates" "Check 7 For Windows slow/failing updates? updates quot and then find some I select the ones I want install them it claims they are quot successful quot and that the computer requires a restart I restart to find they Windows 7 "Check For Updates" slow/failing updates? fail Windows 7 "Check For Updates" slow/failing updates? as the computer is restarting and that they continue failing as the computer comes back up after reboot I then check for updates again and get the same issue It seems to install one or two updates each time but the rest seem to fail I know this as the owner has dial-up I know right o and upon this last failure cycle I now see the Win quot reserve your copy quot panel under Windows Update which was never there before I've tried a few things in a few other threads including installing the December Windows Update update patch manually and I am still getting this issue Any help would be greatly appreciated

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/389682-windows-7-check-updates-slow-failing-updates.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Please help! I have been battling this problem for over a month now. I have a HP Pavilion a1700n running Vista Home Premium. I'm not sure what all info you need on my PC but, I will be happy to respond to answer any questions. Anyway, my problem is that all my Windows Updates are failing to install. I have stopped the Automatic Update Services and tried to download and install manually and I have gone into C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution and deleted all files in the Datastore folder and the Download folder. I get the error code 80070002. When I looked it up, it said to do what I already did. Still the updates fail to install. All advice is greatly appreciated and gladly taken. Thanks!

Relevancy 52.46%

Hello I'm working on a friends window machine which has been failing to update for apparently a failing Updates significant amount of time Details of the failed updates are shown below - Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework on Windows and Windows Server R for x KB Error details Code Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework on Windows and Windows Server R for x KB Installation status Failed Error details Code Security Update for Microsoft Silverlight KB Error details Code Internet Explorer for Windows for x -based Systems Error details Code C Update Updates failing for Windows for x Updates failing -based Systems KB Error details Code B Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework on Windows and Updates failing Windows Server R for x KB Error details Code Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework on Windows and Windows Server R for x KB Error details Code Addtionally Automatic Updates service is missing from the Services snap-in and the system readiness tool fails to install not correct for your system or similar I have reset windows updates and cleaned up and reinstalled net regsvr wuaueng dll returns a call to DllRegisterServer failure with x error and the SubInAcl tool from windows has no effect CheckSUR shows the following unavailable repair files servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum servicing packages Package for KB SP bf ad e amd mum servicing packages Package for KB SP bf ad e amd mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat servicing packages Package for KB SP bf ad e amd cat servicing packages Package for KB SP bf ad e amd cat servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat any help would be very much apprieciated

A:Updates failing

Does this Windows 7 have SP1 installed?

Please download and run the Windows Update Troubleshooter.

Post the results in your topic.

Clicking on the link above will start the download automatically.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/612450/updates-failing/
Relevancy 52.46%

I am running Win XP Pro SP3.
I keeping getting a message that Updates are Ready for Your Computer. When I clikck to install the update, I get the following message:
 update_error.jpg   5.54KB
  8 downloads

I then try to remove the current program (Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Serive Pack 1 so I can reinstall it
and I get the following
 Win_Installer_error.jpg   18.63KB
  15 downloads

This message is happening on several other programs I am trying to remove as well..

any help appreciated.
Jack

A:.NET Updates keep failing

Have you read these topics?http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/264765/security-update-kb953297-fails/http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/266271/net-framework-20-30-35-installation-problems/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/267007/net-updates-keep-failing/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi We recently days ago HAD to reinstall reset this computer In short we keep updates failing 3 started experiencing blue screens and other significant problems and then lost the ability to access the internet It was decided to reset or what ever it is called the computer to its original delivery configuration and then reload everything that we added after we purchased the computer All went well we didn't experience any problems with the reload and product keys codes worked well even Vista didn't complain when it 3 updates keep failing was upgraded to Ultimate and we installed Bitdefender Total Security We now have an update problem there are three updates that repeatedly fail Other Updates have and are working including Optional we have tried restarting the computer updating without any other software running automatic updates and manually selecting the updates but no success so far The problem Updates are Security Update for Windows Vista KB Download size MB Update for Windows Vista KB Download size MB Update for Windows Vista KB Download size MB P s I don't know if this is relevant but Trusted Installer is now consuming over sometimes of the cpu Pp s The Windows Update page quot Error s found quot message 3 updates keep failing is quot Code D Windows encountered an unknown error quot Regards Fred

A:3 updates keep failing

pp.s. The Windows Update page "Error(s) found:" message is "Code 8024200D Windows encountered an unknown error".

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/296105-3-updates-keep-failing.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi everyone,

A Windows update could not be installed (Error Code 42D9):

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 3

So, I downloaded it from:
Download details: SQL Server 2005 Express Edition SP3

I installed it, but the update was still showing and it still wanted to install the update - but I thought that's what I just did manually! Why did it still want to install it?

I hid the update from the Windows Update screen.

The next day, two updates came in - security updates for:
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 3 and
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2

The update for Service Pack 3 installed successfully but the update for Service Pack 2 failed (Error Code 733F).

I hid the Service Pack 2 update, but it keeps coming back!

What am I supposed to do?

Thanks in advance,

BrassMonkey

A:Updates failing.

1.Reset WU components in aggressive mode How do I reset Windows Update components?
2.Reset WU modules Repair & Fix Windows Updates with Fix WU Utility | The Windows Club
3.Run cmd.exe with administrative previlliges (right click on cmd.exe) as admin and type:

sfc /scannow

4.Run Readiness Tool Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista, for Windows Server 2008, for Windows 7, and for Windows Server 2008 R2
even if this tool don't solve problem it create CheckSur.log file in C:\Windows\Logs\CBS folder

If nothing help pack all files from C:\Windows\Logs\CBS folder and attache to post or upload on rapidshare.com

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/274766-updates-failing.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi

I am having trouble updating my AVG it keeps saying failed server is forbidden, i have tried uninstalling it and re-installing it but still no look.

please help!

A:AVG updates keep failing

What version of AVG are you using?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/227305/avg-updates-keep-failing/
Relevancy 52.46%

Over the past few days, everytime i try to update AVG Free's virus definitions, it won't let me. I open the AVG program, and click on "Update", but it won't connect to the server for some reason.

I haven't changed any settings or modified the program/folders in any way. Is anyone else having this problem updating their AVG? If so, is there a way to solve the problem?

A:Avg Updates Failing

Is the problem that you cannot connect, or that when you download a file, you get an error message "update was unsuccessful"? In the later case, this may have been caused by a program update that requires a reboot to install.
Regards,
John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/33690/avg-updates-failing/
Relevancy 52.03%

Everytime I keep using Windows Update/Microsoft Update, Update for Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter (KB932330) always fails. I restarted my computer and tried to update my computer, but that didn't work and I can't find anything in Microsoft's Website that talks about this problem... PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks to anyone who replys

A:Windows Update "update For Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter (kb932330)" Keep Failing

I am having the same problem...what is the way to fix it?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/88439/windows-update-update-for-outlook-2003-junk-email-filter-kb932330-keep-failing/
Relevancy 52.03%

Logs attached. Attempting to update Windows results in attempt to update Windows Update Installer, which fails with Code 80073712. Logs attached.

sfc /scannow reported no problems found.

Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium x64

Thanks in advance!

- Tim

A:Windows Update Installer Update failing - Code 80073712

CheckSUR shows the following...

Code:
Unavailable repair files:
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-w..lient-aux.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_7.6.7600.320_en-us_d5981a6600d138cc.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-w..owsupdateclient-aux_31bf3856ad364e35_7.6.7600.320_none_bc07877c65502903.manifest

I'll post a fix protocol soon.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/347061-windows-update-installer-update-failing-code-80073712-a.html
Relevancy 51.6%

It's been doing the updates or whatever when the computer shuts down. Then when I go to boot up the computer it does the second part of the update, it gets to 15% then says failure to configure windows updates reverting changes, reboots and then I can log in to the computer. Every time I shuts down and boots up.

The updates that fail are,

Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2705219)
Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2706045)
Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2647753)
Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2729094)
Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2732487)
Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2732500)

I can also go into the event viewer if you need to me link the details XML view.
They also all show up as system error
Event ID: 20
Task Category: Windows Update Agent

If can help me get these updates to work that will be great.

A:Same 6 windows updates keep failing.

Hi

Have you tried with system restore .
You can restore your system to the point it was working fine , and later can proceed with the updates.

regards
Pankaj

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/250881-same-6-windows-updates-keep-failing.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have 22 updates all applying to Microsoft Office 2007 and 2003 that will fail to install. It gives me an error code of "error code 646." Information seems to be vague. Every time I search it on Google I find things about a possible registry error, though I don't see how this is possible.

I am running Windows Vista 64bit. Any Ideas why these updates continue to fail over and over again?

A:Updates Failing to Install..Help

Try to re-register the following DLLs one after the other:

1. Open the Start Menu.

2. In the white line (Start Search) area, type cmd

3. Right-click on cmd (at top), and click on Run as administrator.

4. Click on Continue in the UAC prompt.

In the command prompt, type the following:

Regsvr32 "C:\Windows\System32\wuapi.dll"

Click Enter

Do the same for the following DLLs:

wuaueng.dll
wups.dll
wups2.dll
wuwebv.dll
wucltux.dll
wudriver.dll

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/updates-failing-to-install-help.882155/
Relevancy 51.6%

If I run Windows Update pretty much all installs fail. If I run them manually and individually some updates will succeed. Windows 7 SP1 fails either way - typically with either a transactional conflict or a "used a name reserved for something else" error message. I've run SURT several times and have followed the posting instructions.

Adding CBS log and screen shots here. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jay

Attachment 261004

Attachment 261005

Attachment 261006

Attachment 261007

Attachment 261008

A:Many but not all updates failing on Windows 64-bit

There are some rare errors in the CBS log - and no SFC results. I had to dig into the archived logs to find the following summary report...

Code:
Line 3787: 2013-03-22 16:34:39, Info CSI 0000030e [SR] Repairing 1 components
Line 3788: 2013-03-22 16:34:39, Info CSI 0000030f [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
Line 3791: 2013-03-22 16:34:39, Info CSI 00000311 [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:56{28}]"\??\C:\Windows\Help\mui\0409"\[l:22{11}]"diskmgt.CHM" from store
Line 3803: 2013-03-22 16:34:39, Info CSI 00000314 [SR] Repair complete
Both SFC and Checksur appear to have been run on 22/3, rather than today.

Some of the errors in the report make me think of a common error that is seen in MGADiag reports - so please post one.

Please follow this tutorial and post an MGADiag report - then we can see what the problem is.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/234159-windows-genuine-activation-issue-posting-instructions.html

Ignore errors produced when clicking on the Copy button - they simply mean that the tool could not create the backup files for some reason. The data is still copied to the clipboard for pasting to your response.

Please also download the Farbar Service Scanner from

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-service-scanner/

Run it, and tick all the options, then click on the Scan button - copy and paste the report to your response.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/283696-many-but-not-all-updates-failing-windows-64-bit.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello I'm having trouble installing updates on a fresh install of Windows Professional SP x Could you please help me fix it Step System Update Readiness Tool SURT When running the SURT it asks me if I want to install the following Windows software update Hotfix for Windows KB It successfully installs the hot-fix Step SFC Scan Quote Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt sfc scannow Beginning updates failing are Windows system scan This process will take some time Beginning verification phase of system scan Verification complete Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of th em Details are included in the CBS Log windir Logs CBS CBS log For example C Windows Logs CBS CBS log C Windows system gt Step Windows Update Error Codes KB Code B Internet Explorer for Windows for x -based Systems Code C KB KB KB Code D Step Log Collection The maximum file size for ZIP files is Windows updates are failing MB but my CBS zip is MB

A:Windows updates are failing

Delete the older CBSPersist logs until the zip file is below the limit - or upload the complete file to a fileshare service (preferably DropBox or OneDrive) and post a link.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/342497-windows-updates-failing.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I'm not sure what more to say than what the title says and what is shown in the images. Can anyone help me get my updates working right?

Also went to CMD as admin and ran sfc /scannow and it said no integrity violations.

A:Windows 7 updates Failing

Try going directly to Microsoft, and the Windows Update page then try to install the updates manually.

Also on your second screen shot, If you click on the "View Detailed Information" it may lead you to the problem / solution.

http://www.update.microsoft.com

This might even help, Fix the problem with Microsoft Windows Update that is not working

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-updates-failing-836337.html
Relevancy 51.6%

For the past week I have had 8 updates that have refused to install. I have tried installing all at once and even tried installing them one at a time.

Here is what gives me when they fail:

I had watched it as it was installing and had gotten up to 8 or 8, but as you can see it says all 8 of them failed.

The error code was 66A.

At times have been other updates that have installed. It is just these 8 that refuse to install.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

A:Updates failing to install

One thing I forgot to tell.

Every one of the updates have to do with Microsoft.NET Framework 4.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/245151-updates-failing-install.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a several year old HP Laptop. A few months ago windows updates started to fail when computer restarted and tried to reconfigure itself with the updates. I would get a message saying it was reverting to old configuration.

I used system recovery to restore system to factory configuration. It was successful. It later tried to install over 100 windows updates. It then failed as stated above.

The only anomaly is a message about primary battery needs to be replaced. I have attempted all the updates with the power supply plugged into the computer.

Any suggestions for successfully installing windows updates?

A:Windows 7 Updates Failing

Hello baron100, Welcome to TSF.

It would help us greatly if you could give us the model, and perhaps an accurate age, of your HP Laptop.
I found have numerous occasions where Windows Updates fail. (I am using a HP Pavilion dv7 Laptop 9 that's months old with Windows? 7 Home Premium.)
My personal solution was to continue persistently with checking for Updates, until they eventually succeed. (I did them through "Windows Updates" via the Control Panel).

If you can't get the updates this way, could you please give us the 'Error Code' associated with the failure/s.
Did you install a completely new version of Windows?7, or was it an Upgrade?

Post back with the details.

Kind Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-updates-failing-679871.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi there

Since we fixed a virus issue (with the help of Bleeping Computer) Windows updates have failed to install.  Could someone advise on how we could fix this?

Thanks.

A:Windows updates failing

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

You only have the one post here.  How did Bleeping Computer help you?

What programs were run?

Are you receiving an error message when a update fails?

If you are, please post the exact message.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578392/windows-updates-failing/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi

The same Windows 7 updates keep failing.

I have placed a more complete screenshot here:

Any help or advice will be much appreciated

Thanks

A:Windows Updates Keep Failing

Hello GMS Group, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Could you post back with what the exact full error message? This will better help us to help you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/247030-windows-updates-keep-failing.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi...
I have the same problem as Bizarro, but I did not merge any files. I reformatted my husbands laptop, reinstalled WinXP Pro w/SP 2, installed Norton Antivirus 7, then did all the Windows update. I have the same list of "failed to install" updates as Bizarro posted. I have tried installing with Norton turned off, Norton turned on, but no difference; they will not install.
Thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks.
WW

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-updates-failing-168698.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I just finished a virus removal for a co-worker and am now getting errors trying to install the updates that are available. The main one which I would like to get is IE11. I keep getting the error codes: 0x8007371B and 9C57. I have tried every tool and fix-it solution from Microsoft that I could find as well as installing the updates manually, but they always fail. Please help, thanks! My CBS folder was like 30MB zipped, so here's the link to it on my onedrive: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...3C987256%21925

A:Windows 7 x64 Updates Keep Failing

Download and install Windows Repair (All In One)
Run all the tests and reboot afterwards. Then try again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/352338-windows-7-x64-updates-keep-failing.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Initially my laptop was set to automatically download the vista updates, but now they seem to keep failing. When i try to manually search and then download the updates, this also fails...Can anybody help me?????

A:Vista updates keep failing

The same happens with me.

Also, when I try to download them manually (using Firefox) it just says "The connection was reset" all the time, along with some other websites.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-updates-keep-failing.786679/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have 5 windows updates that fail every time I try to install them. They are: KB977863, KB972270, KB978251, KB976264, KB979306. It says error code: 800B0100. I've run the system update readiness tool but it still doesn't work. Any suggestions? Thanks

A:Windows Updates failing

If your trying to use the Windows Update that's built into the system, try going to the microsoft.com page where the update is at and installing them from there. It's worked for me in the past.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/72488-windows-updates-failing.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I tried to install office12 and that failed so i tried to install windows update but I got error code 8007000B. I went to the command prompt and tried to clear it with
by typing fsutil resource setautorestrat true C:\ and that didn't work. someone please help!!

thanks.

A:Help With Windows Updates Failing

Did you run as administrator the command prompt before typing "fsutil resource setautorestrat true C:\" ?

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/150403-help-windows-updates-failing.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey I'm having problems getting updates via Windows Update WU on Vista Buisness bit edition When trying to install SP KB for Vista bit i get the -error but i've also gotten the error before After a fresh install no additional programs installed of Vista Buisness bit I run WU It finds a load of available updates and after trying to install all the quot important quot -ones i and in SP1-issue failing updates WU, usually get the report saying that normally half of them were succesfully installed and the rest failed I repeat the procedure until I've only got update left wich is usually quot Cumulative Security Update for Windows bit edition quot KB After approx tries I try to manually install the update wich doesn't work either The error is quot The update does not apply to your system quot So if I'm lucky i get a successful update after roughly tries This only results in me getting the ecactly same errors with SP KB But this wont just quot luckily quot install after trying numerous times I'm totally stuck Here is a list of the things I've already tried Reinstall a fresh Vista Reinstall a fresh Vista with another CD The upgrade function from the Vista-CD Downloading and installing SP manually stops midway in the installation and closes the installer and gives no feedback Downloading and installing other updates manually error when executing the files saying quot The update does not apply to your system quot Reinstall a fresh Vista and then trying to install SP updates failing in WU, and SP1-issue manually get an error saying It's also worth mentioning that during all my tries apart from the updates failing in WU, and SP1-issue first one I haven't installed any other program before running WU My computer have the follwing specs Tower Antec Performance One P Mainboard MSI P Platinum CPU Intel Core Duo E GHz Bulk LGA CPU-cooler Scythe Scythe Ninja PLUS Rev B without fan Harddrive Samsung SpinPoint T GB SATA MB RPM Harddrive Seagate Barracuda GB S-ATA MB cache RPM NCQ Graphics Point of View GeForce GTS MB DDR DVD Samsung DVD Recorder x R RW -R -RW Lightscribe SATA Black SH-S P BEBN Temp C when idle and max C when busy I'm beginning to think the issue is hardware-related because a friend of mine installed Vista just fine without errors when running WU at all Can anyone help me please

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/149133-updates-failing-wu-sp1-issue.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I need help with updating Java updates Java failing I Java updates failing use windows bit I received a message that there was a new update and I clicked on it and it failed I Java updates failing see an update in my programs but this is I understand that old versions have to be uninstalled but I am not sure which the uninstall tool to use The Java site is confusing and I do not want to mess this up In the process of trying to resolve this a search on my computer turns up a lot of files associated with java such as file jar file application application extensions AU format sound BFC file BCN file CERTS file all kinds of compressed files CFG file DAT file executable jar files file folders that I did not create Firefox HTML files IDX files Jscript files PF files and so on What are all these do I need them are they responsible for slowing the system if I need to remove all or some of them how do I do that Thanks for your assistance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/java-updates-failing.1154853/
Relevancy 51.6%

My Windows machine has started to fail almost all updates from Windows updates I currently have this list of important updates that I cannot install Windows -RT-KB -x Windows -RT-KB -x Windows -RT-KB -x Windows -RT-KB -x Windows -RT-KB -x Windows -RT-KB updates Windows failing keep -x Windows -RT-KB -x Windows -RT-KB -x Looking at the Windows Update history I can see that the oldest one is the Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows for x -based Systems KB It was first attempted to be installed in July - and since then a bunch of updates have failed they have been attempted each day I have tried running the updates one by one downloading them and installing them directly without using the Windows Update UI and I have tried the automatically Windows Update fix kit provided by Microsoft None of this Works I have also tried to disable all non-MS services and startup items without luck and also disabled all non-required MS services on top of that - still no luck The procedure is that the update is initialised then starts installing and at some Windows updates keep failing point usually around in the progress bar it completes and says quot failed quot The error messages are useless - and does not provide any information about the real problem Oh I also tried sfc scannow - disabling Windows Windows updates keep failing Defender etc Any ideas

A:Windows updates keep failing

There are a few updates that pass - but they are mostly definition updates for Windows Defender.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/34245-windows-updates-keep-failing.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello all This is my first post and I am not a techie so I hope updates failing keep Windows7 someone can help Every time I try to install windows updates they keep failing Microsoft Office updates seem to install Windows7 updates keep failing successfully but Windows updates all fail This has been happening for Windows7 updates keep failing months and I have tried advice from other forums but with no luck I have installed the System Update Readiness Tool run sfc scannow created the CBS zip file please see attached The error codes I get are mainly A but some have codes C amp - please seeattached Each time I shutdown it says installing of or etc and seems to go through OK but when I check they have all failed According to the summary on Windows update have failed I have tried to install manually and I get the same problem - each look like they are installing but just fail I tried to go back to a system restore point but it just fails it seems I cannot actually create a succesful Restore Point - this may be related or a separate issue I am running Windows Home Premium Service pack Bit IE IE update is one of them that is failing I also use Chrome and Firefox My desktop is an Acer i - GHz with GB RAMI use McAfee and it is fully up to date and I have done a full scan Please can anyone help suggest how I can fix this as I am really worried that I can no longer install the updates Many thanks Paul

A:Windows7 updates keep failing

Welcome to the forum!

These errors are pretty unusual - and I've only found references for Vista, but they should also work for Windows 7....

To do this, follow these steps: Log on as an administrator.
Click StartCollapse this imageExpand this image
, type cmd in the Start Search box, right-click cmd.exe in the Programs list, click Run as administrator, and then click Continue.
At the command prompt, type the following commands. Press ENTER after each command.
cd /d %SystemRoot%\System32\SMI\Store\Machine
attrib -s -h *
del *.blf
del *.regtrans-ms
Restart the computer.
Then try the updates again - what error codes do you get then?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/301427-windows7-updates-keep-failing.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,
Helping my Dad with his laptop. He has a problem with the same 12 updates which keep failing. It takes about 8 hours to load them and then it says that they have failed and this keeps happening. I was wondering if anyone could help with this?
Thanks

A:Windows updates keep failing

He has had the following errors come up with this problem:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-updates-keep-failing-680821.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I am working on an Acer 5334-2598 for a friend. It's her kids' computer and she has been running several years without any kind of antivirus. I installed AVG Free, ran Malware Bytes on it, as well as Adware and autoruns. I've removed quite a bit of junk and viruses, but it will not install any updates to the OS from Microsoft. The computer is running Windows 7 Home Premium SP1. When I try to install updates, it gives me the unknown error code. Right now, everytime you turn off the computer, it tries to install 89 updates, which it never can do, because they always fail. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

A:Windows 7 updates failing

In case I wasn't clear, I did run a whole computer scan with AVG. It found nearly 300 trojans, viruses and other malware, and successfully removed or contained them. Malware Bytes found several more PUPs (they were removed) and Adware found some annoying popups (also removed). I saved logs from Malware Bytes and Adware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/591953/windows-7-updates-failing/
Relevancy 51.6%

I shut down my computer every night. For the past I would say 2 weeks, in the morning it tries to install updates, but it never works. I always get a "System Updates Failed" and then it just takes me to the desktop and I'm good to go.

Nothing seems to be wrong with my computer, but I'm just wondering why it's doing this.

COMPUTER INFO:

* HP Pavilion p6726f-b
* AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core Processor
* Windows 7 Home Premium x64

Please help.

A:System Updates keep failing

* We need the KB number to know what update you refer to.

* Have you checked in Event Viewer ?
Start - Event Viewer - Windows Logs - System & Application.
Check for any red error messages to do with this problem.

*What is listed { as regards your problem} in Windows Update - View Update History?

*Clean out App data / local / temp.
Start - Run - type in %temp% - ok - organize - select all - organize - delete { note you may be asked to skip some - that is ok}

* Re your update settings -
I suggest you change them to notify you but let you choose to download.
Do a few at a time only. {Tedious, but allows you to monitor for any problems.}

* Always make sure you have a current system restore point prior to downloading anything.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/161004-system-updates-keep-failing.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi to all,

Yet another windows update problem. There are 6 updates that will just not complete. Others have been succesful. I have ran the SURT both in February and the latest version from the MS site. This latest KB947821 version installed, it says with no problems. Last months version had problems and would not install. Ran SFC as administrator and although producing CBS.log says that it found no configuration problems. This has been bugging me for a couple of months now and these few updates just do not want to know. Attached are some sniping tool shots and the CBS.log file. Any forthcoming help much appreciated.

Attachment 310025 Failure showing 8024200D error

Attachment 310026 This shows an older shot of updates, some succesful

Attachment 310027 SFC screen grab

Attachment 310028 Latest failure shot

Attachment 310029 CBS log

A:Windows 7 only certain updates keep failing

Please run the CheckSUR tool and upload the CheckSUR.log file - there are indications of potential registry-related problems in the background CBS data.

Please download and save the CheckSUR tool from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821
(you'll need to look in the details for Windows 7, downloading from the Microsoft Download Center)

Run it - The tool can take anywhere from 5 mins to a couple of hours to run (or 'Install') depending on how much it has to do, and may exit silently - it may appear to freeze for most of that time, but be patient.
The result is logged in the C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log file - and an archive …\checksur.persist.log file

Then zip the CheckSUR.log and upload it to your reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/324992-windows-7-only-certain-updates-keep-failing.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Auto Updates keeps trying to install the same updates and they all keep failing It has installed other updates but these just won't work Anyone have any idea why The list is below Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Updates to Failing Install Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update Failing to Install Updates for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update Failing to Install Updates for Windows XP KB Security Failing to Install Updates Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - August KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB

A:Failing to Install Updates

Hi and welcome to TSF

If you live in USA you can actually contact Microsoft about this. They have a free support line for Microsoft Update Problems. The number is 1-800-MICROSOFT. Hope this helps

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/failing-to-install-updates-177824.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, My updates are failed. It says,  A security issue has been identified in a Microsoft software product that could affect your system. You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. For a complete listing of the issues that are included in this update, see the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article. After you install this update, you may have to restart your system. Its running so slow, however its a new laptop. Very Upset. Please help. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/My-updates-not-installing-and-keep-failing/td-p/5815228
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi there This is a problem on a Sony Vaio Laptop with MB Failing Windows Updates RAM Windows Updates Failing running on XP Home SP Basically I reviewed the update history on the Microsoft Windows Update site and Windows Updates Failing found that updates are constantly failing to install for some reason The first one is Microsoft NET Framework SP amp Net Framework Family Update for NET versions through KB Windows Updates Failing x This has been trying to update since the th of August without success The second one is Microsoft NET Framework SP Security Update for Windows Windows XP Windows Vista Windows Server Windows and Windows Server RC KB This has been trying to update since the th October without success On clicking the failure icon it just reports the error as Installation FailureError Code x I m assuming this is a pretty generic error code which won t help much I understand from a few Google searches that a lot of people have had this problem in one form or another but there are a variety of solutions and i m not sure which one to try as I don t want to break anything Can anybody point me in the right direction here I can provide as much information as you require I m trying to solve this because i ve been recieving a BSOD on the laptop at random times and i m wondering if this is the cause so eliminating this problem would be of great help Thanks in advance for any help

A:Windows Updates Failing

Posting the content of the error message reflected on the BSOD...would probably be more effective...than assuming that you know what one of the causes may be, IMO.If you have any doubt about what is important, take a look at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/283411/virus-computer-locked-need-help-please/.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/283413/windows-updates-failing/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi Everything running fine till a few days ago when all WU failed Installed several updates manually amp left with just a few that simply refuse to Several updates with failing 0x800F0922 install KB KB KB amp KB They all seem to install fine but during the reboot I get quot Failure configuring Windows Updates quot it undoes amp restarts twice Then WU says quot pending restart quot I've tried W WU fixit DISM restorehealth SFC scannow removing Windows UEFI in the BIOS reset permissions full chkdsk uninstalling all AV MalWare software amp numerous other things I used Microsoft Support They connected remotely amp tried the same things They then said they are seeing x F on systems where there is no quot System Reserved quot I installed W into an existing partition on my SSD I realized the previous OS had a SR partition - but at the end of the drive So I now have Mb unallocated at Several updates failing with 0x800F0922 the end of the SSD C drive MS said I needed to reinstall W - from scratch deleting all partitions amp creating new which will then create a new SR partition I'm not keen - since I have Several updates failing with 0x800F0922 lots of apps so it'll take an age Is there a way to create the SR partition without reinstalling W completely Will EasyBCD do it If so what options how etc I only have the OS installed to C WINDOWS Samsung Gb SSD C is Gb System Boot Page File Active Crash Dump Primary Partition Apparently the x F error indicates insufficient space in the SR partition Of course - I don't even have one Thanks Martin

A:Several updates failing with 0x800F0922

This might help? Create system reserved partition after installation

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/57272-several-updates-failing-0x800f0922.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Since February the Automatic Failing Installations/Updates Windows Updater has been failing in regards to mainly Security Updates Vista Updates and Junk E-Mail Updates The only thing it has been successful in updating is updates for Windows Defender and Malicious Software Removal tools The most common error codes listed are and There have been others but those seem to occur the most More recently I decided to try and up the security with AVG but the installation failed to complete The Installations/Updates Failing progress bar stopped but the AVG advertisement slideshow displayed during the installation was still running suggesting it didn t crash I left it for some - hours A similar thing happened when I tried to download quot Microsoft Security Essentials quot likewise the latest Java Installations/Updates Failing Update doesn t install I have received no Error Messages regarding the Installations have a problem When I researched the errors Installations/Updates Failing it pointed towards Microsoft System Readiness Tool or Registry Cleaners Initially the Readiness Tool failed to complete like everything else however now it simply crashes before the installation can begin I m running Windows Vista SP -bit Operating System I currently am only running the Windows Firewall and only have Malware Bytes installed as well Despite a somewhat lack of security I don t necessarily believe it involves viruses I regularly try to keep it clean and if doubts scan in Safe Mode The Start Menu has also begun crashing for no real apparent reason It tends to stop responding when I have to End Process a crashed installation Any help will be greatly appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installations-updates-failing.1008385/
Relevancy 51.6%

here are the updates that keep failing
KB3071756
and
KB3060716
I hope someone has a fix for theses
thanks in advance

A:2 windows 7 updates keep failing

Hello

Have you tried to manually install the two updates (KB .... on Google)?

Otherwise you must first disable Windows Update.

Type msconfig and go into services by removing the checkmark to its entry, then you have to restart the pc.

After reboot:

Go to C/Windows/SoftwareDistribution/Download and delete the folder content.

Resume Windows Update (msconfig check back)
Restart your pc again and see if you can install updates.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/2-windows-7-updates-keep-failing.49652/
Relevancy 51.6%

For the last week or so every time I turn on my computer it tries to apply the same updates fails reverts the changes reboots a few times in the process then finally lets me in The updates and errors are as follows Internet Explorer for Windows for x -based Systems Error details C Security Update for NET Framework KB Error details BC Security Update for NET Framework KB Error details BC I've tried the basic Windows Update Diagnostic tool and the MS Fix it tool Neither one seems to help anything Instead of trying to shrink my CBS log to fit on the forum I'm attaching a dropbox link here https www dropbox com s lgf pweusaaj CBS zip Please let me know what I can do to fix it To be honest I don't use IE at all so I don't really care about IE I'm not sure if the NET thing really affects me either But I don't like it that something is broken and I'd like to get to the bottom of this Thanks internet Gurus

A:3 Updates keep failing for about a week

The CheckSUR shows that you had massive corruption - and was apparently able to clear all the errors.

Code:
Summary:
Seconds executed: 252
Found 79409 errors
Fixed 79409 errors
CSI Missing Component Key Total count: 13398
Fixed: CSI Missing Component Key. Total count: 13398
CSI Missing Pinned Component Key Total count: 4322
Fixed: CSI Missing Pinned Component Key. Total count: 4322
CSI Missing Identity Total count: 17720
Fixed: CSI Missing Identity. Total count: 17720
CSI Missing C Mark Total count: 20412
Fixed: CSI Missing C Mark. Total count: 20412
CSI F Mark Missing Total count: 27879
Fixed: CSI F Mark Missing. Total count: 27879
The latest SFC scan appears to be clear.

However - with that number of errors it's very likely that there is going to be significant damage elsewhere in the registry.
I would tend towards a repair install as your best option.

.NET 3.5 is part of the operating system - and the OS depends on it for certain functions, so it's very necessary.

I would try installing bot .NET updates while booting to a Clean Boot state - How to perform a clean boot in Windows
There may be something interfering, such as your AV or other security software.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/333602-3-updates-keep-failing-about-week.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have been trying to install Windows updates on one of our computers However everytime I try to install them the updates fail There Windows failing Updates are updates I have Windows Updates failing tried the following so far Installed every Microsoft Windows Updates Fix-its I could find including re-installing the update agent Created a new administrator account to run the updates from that account From a cmd prompt net stop wuauserv lt enter gt rename c windows SoftwareDistribution softwaredistribution old lt enter gt net start wuauserv lt enter gt exit lt enter gt Install updates individually I did not try all individually but every one I did try failed None of the above has worked The updates download with no problem it is when they attempt to install that the difficulties happen I receive various error codes E E FB E E C I have searched these codes online but have not found any solutions that have worked I am hoping someone can help because I have already spent way too much time on this one computer it is one of computers in a lab room the others all work fine and all have the exact same configuration and software installed nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

hi i posted a similar post about this problem before a while ago. it was resolved and all was happy. :) however it started messing with me again with these updates:
"Some updates could not be installed:
Security Update for Windows XP (KB951376)
Cumulative Security Update for ActiveX Killbits for Windows XP (KB950760)
Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 6 for Windows XP (KB950759)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB950762)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB951698)
Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - June 2008 (KB890830)"

what do i do for a fix?

A:[SOLVED] xp updates failing AGAIN

Go here and download their program.
http://www.autopatcher.com/
It will get all the updates for you if windows update messes up. I went through the same thing a few months ago and this solved it.
One work of caution, don't just click on registry tweaks or you may change settings you don't want to.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-xp-updates-failing-again-258598.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,
It's been going on for a while now, and I thought that it would eventually fix itself; but it hasn't...
I have a whole load of updates that keep failing. Can anyone tell me whats wrong and/or how to fix it?
It's not all of the updates (as far as I can tell), but it is most of them.
Here is a print screen of some of the errors/update history:

I am using Windows7. If you need any more information please ask!

Thanks in advanced,

Thomas

A:Windows Updates Keep Failing!?

Pleasefollow the WindowsUpdate Posting Instructions and post the requested data

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/305022-windows-updates-keep-failing.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello all,

Having some issues with my Win 7 updating. I am getting error Code 8024200D from the Windows Update manager. Thus far, I have followed Microsoft's troubleshooting steps utilizing the IfixIt client, System Readiness Tool (This just wants to install the same Hotfix over and over), Checksum and the Automatic Troubleshooter. The Automatic troubleshooter indicates there are 2 errors it can't fix. With that said, none of the other "Microsoft Approved Scanners or Suggestions" find anything.

Thoughts?

Specs: i7-5820k, Asus X99 Deluxe, Gskill Ripjaws 4 PC2400, SLI GTX 970 FTW+, Win 7 Pro 64bit

Thanks

Chris

Edit, it seems some updates will install, but some updates with net framework and updates for win 7 fail.

A:Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit Updates Failing

If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

Please also post the C:\Windows\windowsudpate.log file

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/368078-windows-7-pro-64-bit-updates-failing.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have Windows 7 x64 home edition, with service pack 1, on a Dell desktop. Windows updates have been failing for a long time now. The error code is 80070308. I have tried everything but can't seem to fix it. You're my last hope! Thanks!

forneli

A:windows updates are failing

In elevated command prompt run:

Code:
sfc/scannow
post results

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/362892-windows-updates-failing.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello I have a Presario Laptop running Win XP Home v SP x I have a list of updates that need to be downloaded and installed but when I click on Install Updates from IE browser update site listed under Tools a little window opens and runs down the whole list and says they have all failed Here is a list of the Win failing Home XP Updates updates I am trying to install Any help is appreciated Failed Updates For help installing an update successfully see the solution under each problem description Problem End User License Agreement EULA Not Accepted Solution Check for updates again and wait while you install updates You will be asked to accept the EULA before any updates with a EULA can be installed Problem Not Enough Disk Space Solution To make more space available run the Disk Cleanup tool or uninstall any programs that you don t use For directions see Help and Support on your computer Problem Automatic Updates is currently installing updates Solution Please wait until Automatic Updates is complete and then check Win XP Home Updates failing your update history At that time if the update has failed to install you can try installing it from the website Note To view Automatic Updates progress click the updating icon in your System Tray Problem Please check your update history for a description Microsoft Windows XP Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP and Windows Server KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework on XP Server Vista Windows Server x KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework SP on Windows Server and Windows XP x KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework on XP Server Vista Windows Server x KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework SP on Windows Server and Windows XP x KB Update for Microsoft NET Framework SP on Windows Server and Windows XP x KB Windows XP End of Support Notification KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows XP KB Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - March KB Microsoft Office Security Update for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition Security Update for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition Security Update for Microsoft Word KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft InfoPath KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft InfoPath KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft OneNote KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft PowerPoint KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft SharePoint Workspace KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Outlook KB -Bit Edition Definition Update for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Filter Pack KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Visio KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition Microsoft Skype for Windows Update for Skype for Windows desktop KB Microsoft Silverlight Security Update for Microsoft Silverlight KB Microsoft Windows Defender Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB Definition

A:Win XP Home Updates failing

Following a PM, it seems you believe the problem is more likely due to file corruption than malware. Have you tried running chkdsk /r and sfc /scannow ?  Both of these tools are designed to fix, the first, hard drive problems and faults, the second, corrupted system files. They are both easy to use.

To run chkdsk /r (note the space between the 'k' and the '/') run the Command Prompt as Administrator. 'Start - Programs - Accessories - Cmd Prt', then type chkdsk /r at the cursor and press 'Enter'. You will get a messages aying it can't run, do you want it to run at next boot ?  Type 'Y', then re-boot the computer. Make sure it is plugged into the mains as this test can take upwards of an hour to run.  You run the sfc /scannow command in the same manner.

If this doesn't solve your problem, have a look at this BC tutorial - there are a number of useful links with regard to XP scattered through it :

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/create-a-windows-system-repair-disc/

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529522/win-xp-home-updates-failing/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi folks,
Am hoping you can help me. I help fix my friend's computer for her grandchildren who live with her. As two are now in high school I really need to get this problem fixed.

Windows Vista has been trying to update since August 2012. All have failed. Have no clue what to do now. The reason I need the upgrade also is because one of the grandchildren uninstalled her computer security program. I am unable to re-install this program until Windows is updated.

I waited three hours for the updates yesterday only to find that they had faiiled again. Have no clue what to do.

Appreciate any help,
Thanks, Tracey.

A:Vista Updates failing HELP PLEASE

Hay Tracey. Can you please give me the following information below:
1.what is your computer model?
2.what is the computer manufacture?
3.What is the error code you are receivin?
thank you

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/299927-vista-updates-failing-help-please.html
Relevancy 51.6%

So I have been unable to install any updates since July and have now racked up important updates that will download but will not install They appear to have installed but during the restart it shows that the installation failed I have looked around online for Updates Windows Failing help and found some people have had success with the HijackThis program So I did a system scan and the program told me to post the log here for someone who knows what they are looking at to help me I have tried manually installing the updates as well and that doesn t work either Any help you can provide would be amazing Thanks p s Below is the logfile that I got from the system scan in HijackThis Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Windows Updates Failing Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe C Windows OEM Mon exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Windows System WLTRAY EXE C Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C Program Files Sigmatel C-Major Audio WDM sttray exe C Program Files Seagate SeagateManager FreeAgent Status stxmenumgr exe C Program Files Citrix ICA Client concentr exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Comcast Desktop Doctor bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files real realplayer Update realsched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Citrix ICA Client wfcrun exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Samsung Samsung New PC Studio NPSAgent exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files Stickies stickies exe C Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd exe C Program Files DellTPad HidFind exe C Program Files DellTPad Apntex exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jucheck exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Users Cami Downloads HijackThis exe C Users Cami Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook AIM Toolbar Search Class - f - dc - -bc - e fefafe - C Program Files AIM Toolbar aimtb dll O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C ProgramData Real RealPlayer BrowserRecordPlugin IE rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO BitComet ClickCapture - F E - A- B A-BCAF- B BFDFEA - C Program Files BitComet tools BitCometBHO dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F ... Read more

A:Windows Updates Failing

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about the Windows version you are using: What we in particular need to know is version, edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. [/b]If you are unsure about any of these caracteristics, just let us know and we'll help you figuring it out. Please also tell us if you have your Windows CD/DVD handy.Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.In the custom scan box paste the following:

msconfig
safebootminimal
activex
drivers32
netsvcs
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
/md5start
explorer.exe
winlogon.exe
wininit.exe
hlp.dat
/md5stopPush the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt<--Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Watch Topic.I suggest you click it and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/383732/windows-updates-failing/
Relevancy 51.6%

1. When updating Windows, I get "Some Updates not installed". Errors found: CODE 800B0100.
When I view update history when trying to install KB982536, I get the information - Microsoft.NET Framework 3.5 SP1, Windows Vista SP2 Failed.

2. I also get on Startup - "Error loading C:\users\.......\CNMSS" Specified module could not be found.
The ribbon at base of screen states "Run DLL"

Are these two problems connected?

Any help in curing these problems would be much appreciated.

Thankyou
Denis

A:Windows Updates - failing

Hello jldewooley,
Are you trying to install these from the Windows update page ?.
Try downloading and installing the stand alone service pack from here.

Download details: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1, Windows Vista Service Pack 2, and Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 Update

Try this and post your results, good luck.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/279905-windows-updates-failing.html
Relevancy 51.6%

The automatic updates fail, any idea what to do?

Relevancy 51.6%

I keep getting notified in the bottom right corner of my screen that updates are available. I have them installed, and they say they are completed. However, minutes later the notification returns and the updates are the same as before. I even tried installing them manually one at a time...and still can't get them all to install and go away! I am using Windows XP. What is going on?!

A:AUTOMATIC UPDATES FAILING

What updates are they?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/360117/automatic-updates-failing/
Relevancy 51.6%

Security Update for Windows XP Service Pack KB Security Update for Windows Media Format Runtime amp for Windows XP SP KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework SP on Windows XP Windows Vista and Windows Server x KB Security Update for Windows Media Format Runtime amp for Windows XP SP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Above are the updates not working To assist you all failing updates pro 32bit xp with assisting me here is a short story of what has happened in the last hours or so xp pro 32bit updates failing My pc crashed rebooted lost internet connection tried all the hardware issue methods to fix problem nothing Did a dozen dos things like scan fixboot and a couple other things Still no luck Went to format and reinstall my windows decided to run a repair instead To my surprise it work So i started down loading up dates with little luck it would attempt to install things would work then again thing would work Until finally i was directed to a mountable sp packet off the windows update site did that still can t get these to finish Sure there are dozens after these i need to down load here is the highjack this report in case it is needed Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes xp pro 32bit updates failing C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files xp pro 32bit updates failing Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACDaemon exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ArcCon ac C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpohmr exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpoevm exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Bin hpoSTS exe C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe C WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http my daemon-search com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO IEPlugin Class - - B- E -BD -EFB B - C PROGRA ArcSoft SOFTWA MEDIAI ArcURLRecord dll O - BHO C Program Files YourFace bho dll - F-F F- - E - F ACD DE E - C Program Files YourFace bho dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Increase performance and video formats for your HTML lt video gt - E D- - FD- C - A F - C Program Files DivX DivX Plus Web Player ie DivXHTML DivXHTML dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Norton Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prev... Read more

A:xp pro 32bit updates failing

Hi noctos try this fix from Microsoft http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-pro-32bit-updates-failing.1038631/
Relevancy 51.6%

I've been trying to download windows updates and all I get is "Downloading Updates" with 0 kb, 0% downloading forever. There is no error message. What could be blocking this? I realize there are probably a million different answers, but if you could point me in a general direction, I'd be grateful.
-=BDD=-

A:Windows updates failing

For how long there has been some times I have let the update sit for several hours to complete. Once or twice over night.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-7-a/129055-windows-updates-failing.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I get an error report when updates are requested saying "Microsoft Windows Installer 3.1" failed to install"

Could anyone please give me a fix for this?
Thanks,
Jack.

A:Windows XP failing to get updates

Install It Manually
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...fc-5f56-4a38-b838-de776fd4138c&displaylang=en

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-failing-to-get-updates.672035/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, everyone. So I'm having this issue where in my update history I see certain updates that are marked as failed to install. When I try to install the specific update from Microsoft website, I get a pop up window saying that that update I'd already installed on my computer. So I'm confused because that update in my update history is marked as failed installed. Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/386376-updates-failing-install.html
Relevancy 51.6%

For some reason, every time I/my computer tries to intall the microsoft automatic updates, these ones fail:

Security Update for Microsoft Office 2003 (KB972580)
Security Update for Microsoft Office 2003 (KB921598)
Security Update for Microsoft Office 2003 (KB951535)
Security Update for Microsoft Office Word 2003 (KB973443)
Security Update for Microsoft Office 2003 (KB953404)
Security Update for Microsoft Office Web Components (KB947319)
Security Update for Microsoft Office Excel 2003 (KB973475)
Security Update for Microsoft Office 2003 (KB974554)
Security Update for Microsoft PowerPoint 2003 (KB957784)
Security Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 (KB973705)
(any other updates besides these ones will work)

I have turned off the updates, but now every time i log in, the little bubble pops up and tells me that my computer is at risk and that I sould turn the updates back on.. what should i do?

A:Attomatic Updates Keep Failing?

Make sure your Automatic Updates are set to:

"Notify me but don't automatically download or install them".

If it is not currently set to the following, do this to change it:

Start > Control Panel > Automatic Updates

Click Apply.

Restart your computer, wait for the notification bubble to appear. Tick the 'Custom' setting and proceed. In the list of updates, un-tick the ones you listed above. Download the rest and later install them.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/attomatic-updates-keep-failing-436636.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,

I am unable to install the updates from a long time. I receive a 800B0100 error everytime I try to update.

I ignored it, made sure that my antivirus is properly updated, definitions to the latest and I exercised extra caution while browsing. But today I have opened the Turn Windows features on or off to see it blank. A quick search revealed that this got something in relation with the updates. Kindly help me resolve this issue.

A:Updates failing bigtime

Here are the easy problems from CheckSUR...

Code:
Unavailable repair files:
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-w..ient-aux.deployment_31bf3856ad364e35_7.6.7600.320_none_ad7b0e6cc96f271c.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-w..oyment-languagepack_31bf3856ad364e35_7.6.7600.320_en-us_2304f42307744844.manifest
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-AuxComp~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~en-US~7.6.7600.320.mum
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-AuxComp~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.6.7600.320.mum
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-MiniLP~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~en-US~7.6.7600.320.mum
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-TopLevel~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.6.7600.320.mum
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~en-US~7.6.7600.320.mum
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.6.7600.320.mum
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-AuxComp~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~en-US~7.6.7600.320.cat
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-AuxComp~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.6.7600.320.cat
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-MiniLP~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~en-US~7.6.7600.320.cat
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-TopLevel~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.6.7600.320.cat
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~en-US~7.6.7600.320.cat
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.6.7600.320.cat
It also shows some more awkward problems, which aren't being mirrored by SFC....

Code:
(f) CSI Payload File Missing 0x00000000 wuapi.dll.mui x86_microsoft-windows-w..lient-aux.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_7.6.7600.320_en-us_79797ee24873c796
(f) CSI Payload File Missing 0x00000000 wuapi.dll x86_microsoft-windows-w..owsupdateclient-aux_31bf3856ad364e35_7.6.7600.320_none_5fe8ebf8acf2b7cd
(f) CSI Payload File Missing 0x00000000 wups.dll x86_microsoft-windows-w..owsupdateclient-aux_31bf3856ad364e35_7.6.7600.320_none_5fe8ebf8acf2b7cd
(f) CSI Payload File Missing 0x00000000 wudriver.dll x86_microsoft-windows-w..owsupdateclient-aux_31bf3856ad364e35_7.6.7600.320_none_5fe8ebf8acf2b7cd
I'll post fixes for the first when I can, and then we'll work on the others.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/357548-updates-failing-bigtime.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,
I've been trying and failing to update Anniversary Update on Surface Pro 3.
Downloads, prepares, reboots and then, at about 14% of first step, it shows the thermometer gauge and shuts down.
When I power it on, it reverts to previous version of windows
I've tried it plugged in, plugged out, waiting a few minutes shutdown before starting in updating mode...
I don't know what to do

A:Failing to update Anniversary Update on Surface PRO 3 - overheating?

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question Hello,
I've been trying and failing to update Anniversary Update on Surface Pro 3.
Downloads, prepares, reboots and then, at about 14% of first step, it shows the thermometer gauge and shuts down.
When I power it on, it reverts to previous version of windows
I've tried it plugged in, plugged out, waiting a few minutes shutdown before starting in updating mode...
I don't know what to do the thermometer gauge represents your surface pro is getting overheated and in order to prevent heat damage to the core hardware the device/bios shuts down your device. so first we need to fix the overheating issue and then can you continue with the update.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439932-failing-update-anniversary-update-surface-pro-3-overheating.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I got to the windows update page it loads and does it s thing checking for latest updates It says I have to download SP first before I download the other critical updates Every time I try to however I click install updates then a second later failing Updates Windows installation the license terms comes up I click accept the bar loads all the way up in about a second or two then says installation Windows Updates installation failing failed and goes to the quot Some updates were not installed quot Windows XP Service Pack KB So then I tried to download the ISO image for SP downloaded it burnt it to a disk and ran it After it extracted all the files and everything a pop up came up saying quot Access Denied quot for the SP setup Also my last computer had the quot endless reboot quot problem from SP so they shipped a replacement It s the same one with an AMD processor I tried use the quot removeIntelPPMonAMD quot Windows Updates installation failing fix it said quot The computer appears to have an AMD processor the intelppm does not exist on this computer you should be ready to install SP quot So once I can get the update fixed will it be safe to install Considering the last computer I had Windows Updates installation failing did the endless rebooting I never got to check on the last computer if that was the reason why Any help would be greatly appreciated I m using Windows XP SP btw EDIT I Finally got SP to work from the ISO but still all my downloads from Microsoft Update site are failing Can anyone help

A:Windows Updates installation failing

I've tried pretty much everything I can think of. I still can't download windows updates. I have about 450 something mb's of critical updates that need to be downloaded (because my automatic updates wasn't working because of a virus, i got help with that in the hijack forums) but it'll come up say installing updates and the bar will load so quickly (like 5 seconds) so I know its not even downloading them, and they all fail.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/213989/windows-updates-installation-failing/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello I just joined to ask you guys for help over the many years I have had windows problems I normally end up here and almost Windows install to failing Updates always find the solution to my problem so when I found a problem I could find a solution this was my first choice to see if I can get help fixing my problem I have a machine I have setup to just play games so I don't have many programs Windows Updates failing to install installed but I've found in the last - weeks NO updates are installing I was playing games the other night and my system did a auto-reboot in the middle it shut my computer down the other night and it took over hours to install fail to configure revert and restart and this is not the first time I ran the Update fix several times and even ran the permissions fix but nothing seems to help I've even had to turn off auto-install updates as when my computer restarted automatically it became unusable for hours I followed all the Posts from the Windows Update Posting Instructions post The update wouldn't install No error code given I ran a scan it found corrupted files but can't repair them Most Updates are error's as F a few C the Windows itself gives a different error this time they are and C As Above ran scan log's attached Hopefully that's what I did here XD

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/390877-windows-updates-failing-install.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Security update KB975560
Error details: Code 800B0100

Security update KB978251
Error details: Code 800B0100

Any ideas?

A:2 windows 7 updates keep failing to install

The solutions described in this article may help. Or may not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-windows-7-updates-keep-failing-to-install.906090/
Relevancy 51.17%

I just built my new PC a few days ago, and installed Windows 7 a couple days ago through an ISO I had. Installation went great, however upon searching for updates, 182 of the 188 available updates have failed numerous times after trying to install them. Just before posting I tried to install them again and it came up with this:

I also took a screen shot of the update history in case you need to know which updates were actually successful.

Not sure how I'm supposed to upload the CBS file because even after compressing it, it is still 100MB and the max you can upload is 8. Any tips?

A:New PC with fresh Windows 7 failing nearly all updates.

Upload the data to a fileshare site (preferably OneDrive or DropBox) and post a link back here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/376331-new-pc-fresh-windows-7-failing-nearly-all-updates.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi folks I need help trying to figure out why the Windows updates are all failing The updates install Windows failing to are problem started around mid October last Fall The updates are set for automatic I have also tried doing manual updates and no luck On shut down each night the computer Windows updates are failing to install downloads the updates successfully then the computer prepares to shut down and it says quot configuring updates quot and shows a percentage of completion Every single time it gets to then says quot installation failed - reverting changes quot It then shuts down and reboots and everything seems ok until the next time I shut down the computer and it tries to install more updates Rinse lather repeat They were working fine until last October Since then the odd one shows quot successful quot but quot fail quot Hopefully someone can help me figure this out Thanks The computer is approx months old - Gateway DX - Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz GB RAM TB HD -bit OS - Windows Professional - Service Pack - WiFi internet connection - Firefox browser - Viper Anti-virus - Windows Defender is turned ON - Windows Firewall is ON

A:Windows updates are failing to install

Dear photogirl,
Here is an excellent and comprehensive article by Microsoft on trouble shooting your exact problem. Ten problems are listed and ten solutions are suggested. Unable to install updates in Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2

First off (if you have not done so already) download and run the System Update Readiness Tool. Download : Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista, for Windows Server 2008, for Windows 7, and for Windows Server 2008 R2
That itself may set right the prob. at times.

Proceed to the next step if the prob. is unsolved, as suggested in the first link.

Best wishes,
sree

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/219770-windows-updates-failing-install.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi. troubleshooter states window 7 sp1 service pack is missing from acer laptop, tried everything, including burning sp1 iso onto dvd, failed to install. some type of corruption on laptop stopping sp1 and updates installing, Any ideas?

A:Windows updates failing to load.

Does the PC still have the factory install? If so that is the worst possible install of Win7 one can have, larded with bloatware and duplicate utilities which interfere with better versions built into Win7. That's why most tech enthusiasts won't even run such an install but instead Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7.

Everything needed is in the blue link to get and keep a perfect install just like a million others have done without a single complaint.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/349331-windows-updates-failing-load.html
Relevancy 51.17%

As the topic says my windows updates have been failing for the last eight months and months Failing for Updates Windows eight I'm about to give up and do a fresh reinstall Windows Updates Failing for eight months I'm hoping someone will have a suggestion for me since I'd rather NOT have to go through the hassel of reinstalling everything I'm fairly technical but I'm at a complete loss This all started back on July super Tuesday Windows Updates Failing for eight months where Windows Updates Failing for eight months all the updates downloaded and failed to install With each successive month of released updates the list of failed gets longer and longer the only exception being that the MSSE updates seem to go through with no problem I've googled the heck out of the error code but none of the fixes I found worked I've tried the built-in updates troubleshooter but it lies to me tells me it fixed the issues but the updates fail all the same I've tried manually downloading the updates from their KB articles but individually they fail to install I'd love to hear if anyone has experienced this or has any ideas Thanks nbsp W Fail PNG nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp W Fail PNG nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads

A:Windows Updates Failing for eight months

Hello and Welcome -
I've googled the heck out of the error code < < Please list the Error Code(s) given.
Is it always the same code or are there changes ?? Please list your Firewall(s) and Antivirus program(s)

Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/484640/windows-updates-failing-for-eight-months/
Relevancy 51.17%

My Windows Seven Professional is original SP It's been three months since my Windows Update stopped working All updates fail with the same error I failing. Error keep Updates 80070308. already tried Updates keep failing. Error 80070308. all the fix and troubleshout programs all some lines for the Updates keep failing. Error 80070308. command prompt I updated my drives using Slimdrivers and Iobit softwares but I still have tons of windows security IE and framework updates The SFC Scan says nothing and the SURT only updated the Hotifx KB I searched the forum and found other threads with the same problem If it is of any help I used the following commands REG LOAD HKLM COMPONENTS C Windows System config COMPONENTS REG QUERY HKLM COMPONENTS And these are the results Microsoft Windows vers o Copyright c Microsoft Corporation Todos os direitos reservados C Windows system gt REG LOAD HKLM COMPONENTS C Windows System config COMPONEN TS A opera o foi conclu da com xito C Windows system gt REG QUERY HKLM COMPONENTS HKEY LOCAL MACHINE COMPONENTS StoreFormatVersion REG BINARY E E E StoreArchitecture REG BINARY PendingRequired REG DWORD x LastScavengeCookie REG QWORD x d f ba a dae LastScavengeFlags REG DWORD x HKEY LOCAL MACHINE COMPONENTS CanonicalData HKEY LOCAL MACHINE COMPONENTS ccpinterface HKEY LOCAL MACHINE COMPONENTS Configuration HKEY LOCAL MACHINE COMPONENTS DerivedData HKEY LOCAL MACHINE COMPONENTS Installers HKEY LOCAL MACHINE COMPONENTS ServicingStackVersions C Windows system gt -------------------

A:Updates keep failing. Error 80070308.

The CBS.log shows the following error sequence...

Code:
2015-06-20 17:11:34, Error CSI 00000011 (F) A previous transaction requested a reboot, so you cannot commit any transactions until you reboot.
[gle=0x80004005]
2015-06-20 17:11:34, Error CSI 00000012 (F) STATUS_REQUEST_OUT_OF_SEQUENCE #38621# from Windows::COM::CComponentStore::ApplyTransactionNow(...)[gle=0xd000042a]
2015-06-20 17:11:34, Error CSI [email protected]/6/20:21:11:34.463 (F) d:\win7sp1_gdr\base\wcp\componentstore\com\store_transaction.cpp(1841): Error STATUS_REQUEST_OUT_OF_SEQUENCE originated in function Windows::COM::CComponentStore::ApplyTransactionNow expression: (null)
[gle=0x80004005]
try this...
Open an Elevated Command Prompt, and run the following commands
REG LOAD HKLM\COMPONENTS C:\Windows\System32\config\COMPONENTS
REG DELETE HKLM\COMPONENTS /V PendingRequired

then reboot, and try Windows Update again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/373467-updates-keep-failing-error-80070308-a.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi all,

Windows (XP) keeps telling me to install security updates, but each time I hit OK, it initialized the installation and then all four updates fail to install!

Here's what the final failure window says:
The following updates were not installed:
Office 2003 Service Pack 3 (SP3)
Security Update for Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 (KB950213)
Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter (KB950380)
Security Update for Microsoft Office Word 2003 (KB950241)

I've tried five or six times already and it keeps failing. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Jonathan

A:Windows XP updates won't install/keep failing

this should fix your issue, click here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-updates-wont-install-keep-failing.717658/
Relevancy 51.17%

My HP Pavilion all in one 23-q107a is failing to update 2 important hardwares that I know of, the first being a BIOS update and the second being the update for my AMD A6-7310 APU with AMD Radeon R4 Graphics. When I try installing the BIOS update from HP's Software and drivers service on the website it works until the installation part, which then pops up with an error code, this error being "de - Error: BIOS Report ROM file crash" and when I trying installing the upgrade from R4 graphics to R7 graphics the installation process halts at the very end and never fully proceeds to update. If anyone could help me with my situation I would appreciate it.  Thanks. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hardware-updates-failing-to-install/td-p/5712370
Relevancy 51.17%

I have 13 updates that have failed to install over the last two weeks. This is part of the event log...

Quote:

Fault bucket 1563503333, type 5
Event Name: WindowsUpdateFailure
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: 7.3.7600.16385
P2: 80070011
P3: 4DF5274F-83A9-444E-9723-20A5E10885FA
P4: Install
P5: 101
P6: Unmanaged
P7:
P8:
P9:
P10:

Attached files:

These files may be available here:
D:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\NonCritical_7.3.7600.16385_a63274ca1b773fef666dec667baadeab2adc1_13576bcc

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: be9996e2-1122-11e0-8a4e-00241d1dcc38
Report Status: 0

Is there anything else I should be including?

A:Updates failing for the past 2 weeks!

# Open Command Prompt by Start -> Run and type "cmd"
# On the Command Prompt, type "net stop wuauserv". This is done so that you will terminate the windows automatic update service to allow us to delete the cache files
# Still on the Command Prompt, type "cd /d %windir%" or "cd\windows"
# Type "rd /s SoftwareDistribution"
# Thats it, the cache has been purged. Now we need to restart the windows automatic update service again. To do that, type "net start wuauserv"

Did the trick!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/updates-failing-for-the-past-2-weeks-538929.html