Windows Support Forum

skype update listed in Windows Update

Q: skype update listed in Windows Update

Hi everyone,

Just need to know if whether or not it is normal for Windows Update to include an update for skype among the list of updates.

I've already hidden this skype update as I had planned to uninstall skype for so long but kept forgetting to do it.

Any comments and ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all and God Bless,

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: skype update listed in Windows Update

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: skype update listed in Windows Update

Ye - it's normal, since MS bought Skype a few months ago, it's now part of the Microsoft Update family, along with Office and MSE

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/250540-skype-update-listed-windows-update.html
Relevancy 79.98%

When will Microsoft start pushing the release os SP1? When I do Windows Update it is not listed. Vista Premium

A:SP1 not listed as Windows Update

Read this:
http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/wi...ws-update.aspx

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sp1-not-listed-as-windows-update-239470.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I installed Win7 using a manufacturer disk on top of Vista (not clean install).

After that, I had about 200 important and 80 optional updates to install.

I installed about half of the important and none of the optional.

Now I am installing newer updates and checking which to stay away to prevent Win10. I looked and couldn't find any of the 10 updates in the important update list. I did, however, find some in the optional updates list.

I have been reading a lot how MS installs these win10 updates automatically, but in my case, they are listed as optional. I wonder why, is it because MS changed their policy or because my laptop is pretty old and w10 is not recommended?

Anyways, here is the list of important updates still left to install. Could you more experienced members please take a look and tell me if I should avoid any of these?

Thank you.

A:Windows 10 GWX update KB3035583 listed as optional

None of those are on my list of "to avoid", but that doesn't mean you need them all or that you won't end up in Windows Update hell for whatever reason.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/397466-windows-10-gwx-update-kb3035583-listed-optional.html
Relevancy 77.4%

After I installed the anniversary update for windows 10 windows defrag/optimize doesn't have my c drive listed therefore it won' defrag

A:c drive not listed on windows defrag after anniversary update

After installation of the anniversary update windows 10 defrag doesn't have my c drive listed as an option to defrag

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/434196-c-drive-not-listed-windows-defrag-after-anniversary-update.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Relevant Computer Specs This is a PC not a Laptop and I always have my HDMI connection connected Processor - AMD A - Graphics - Amd Radeon hd Series OS - Windows bit After a windows update this morning not the update from to I no longer have an HDMI playback device listed in my sound options I have since playback Update after HDMI listed Windows device a No updated both my Graphics card drivers and my processor drivers my realtec driver and downloaded an Auto-detect driver updater from AMD just to make sure When that didn t work I uninstalled my audio driver in my device manager rebooted my computer let the computer re-install the audio driver and still nothing All I show No HDMI playback device listed after a Windows Update as playback devices are Speakers Headphones and Digital Audio S PDIF I have show connected and disconnected both checked at this screen Any suggestions I am really at my wits end with this This did happen to me after I updated from to but re-installing drivers fixed the issue but that is not working this time nbsp

Relevancy 77.4%

My system is an Acer TMP645-MG w/i7-4500U, 8GB RAM on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. The state of Windows Update on this Acer remains that desired to prevent the automatic update for Window 10. Please inform me if I need to unhide any of the (3) KB's involved in that fiasco.

Here is the list of KB's MS is trying to push to this laptop:

KB3167679,
KB3175443,
KB3177723,
KB3177725,
KB 3178034,
KB890830.

I see several unique KB's referenced as a means to circumvent this complication in each post regarding this issue. How do we determine what the best course of action is for me to take to resolve it?

A:Recent Experience with Windows 64-bit Win7 Pro Update (KBs Listed)

Hi,
The free offer expired July 29th
I'm not a fan of hiding updates they only get revised and return
I'd personally Unhide all of them and if you don't want them just leave them to collect digital dust in the Optional section.
Assuming you already have your update settings to excluded recommended updates from being mixed into Important updates section which it sounds like you do already

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/400677-recent-experience-windows-64-bit-win7-pro-update-kbs-listed.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello all Recently my sister installed the fake antivirus quot palladium pro quot onto the system Using a thread from this forum I was able to remove it However I am still confused by a host of problems my computer seems to be experiencing although nothing I ve done seems to be able to fix it A list would probably be easiest so The service quot Windows Audio quot will NOT start automatically -I have set it to automatic I have set it the dependencies to automatic -Seems to be quot random Windows Do Themes, Listed,Internet, Symptoms a have I Update virus? quot in the sense that sometimes it won t load sometimes it will stop working in the middle of watching a movie or playing a Do I have a virus? Symptoms Listed,Internet, Themes, Windows Update game etc My browser will automatically and RANDOMLY connect me to random websites that I have never seen before -The firefox addon NO-SCRIPT is sort of helpful in the sense that all of the pages run scripts to re-direct me to google or something else The theme for my computer Windows XP style is RANDOMLY changed to the WINDOWS CLASSIC style without my input Sometimes it is IMPOSSIBLE to change back as in the settings the windows XP theme is not available anymore it is not even on the list -I Do I have a virus? Symptoms Listed,Internet, Themes, Windows Update attempted removing the theme Do I have a virus? Symptoms Listed,Internet, Themes, Windows Update but it will still change randomly -Sometimes I can change it back sometimes it is unavailable -It will usually freeze up my computer to the point of manual restart I am unable to connect to the windows update website It will return quot unable to connect quot or quot connection was reset quot every time -I do not have the service enabled but this should not hinder my ability to connect to the website should it Multiple instances of mshta exe end up running and hog resources I was wondering which service this is to disable it HTA files are unknown to me however and I m not sure if I use them Quite a list eh Anyways I have run the following programs Malwarebytes Anti Malware Detected quot Palladium Pro quot as mentioned above removed SuperAntiSpyware Detected multiple trojan droppers all removed Windows Defender Nothing detected Rootrepeal Attached logs Hijack This Attached Log logI really am fussed by this and would appreciate any advice I can get I have tried searching my problems here but most are outdated and or do not work Please note that no I do not usually run active firewalls and or online protection I PRIDE myself on being a smart user and have never had a problem like this before I know this is probably not advised but I am a gamer and I find it is too much trouble for what it is worth Not to sound a bit rude but I have full confidence that this was my sister It isn t the first time she has installed viruses through limewire or such Rootrepeal ROOTREPEAL copy AD - Scan Start Time Program Version Version Windows Version Windows XP SP Drivers-------------------Name dump atapi sysImage Path C WINDOWS System Drivers dump atapi sysAddress xA A Size File Visible No Signed -Status -Name dump WMILIB SYSImage Path C WINDOWS System Drivers dump WMILIB SYSAddress xB A Size File Visible No Signed -Status -Name giveio sysImage Path giveio sysAddress xB Size File Visible No Signed -Status -Name PCI PNP Image Path Driver PCI PNP Address x Size File Visible No Signed -Status -Name rootrepeal sysImage Path C WINDOWS system drivers rootrepeal sysAddress xA Size File Visible No Signed -Status -Name speedfan sysImage Path speedfan sysAddress xB AC Size File Visible No Signed -Status -Name sprw sysImage Path sprw sysAddress xB EB Size File Visible No Signed -Status -Name sptdImage Path Driver sptdAddress x Size File Visible No Signed -Status -Hidden Locked Files-------------------Path C hiberfil sysStatus Locked to the Windows API Path C RECYCLER S- - - - - - - Dc exeStatus Invisible to the Windows API Path C RECYCLER S- - - - - - - Dc tmpStatus Invis... Read more

A:Do I have a virus? Symptoms Listed,Internet, Themes, Windows Update

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:
Download DDS and save it to your desktop

Link1
Link2
Link3

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:
DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?""just click on Cancel, then Accept".information and logs:In your next post I need the following

.logs from DDSlog from RKUnHookerlet me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/376609/do-i-have-a-virus-symptoms-listedinternet-themes-windows-update/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello
I am getting a notice from Windows that there is an update for this program.
When I click on it it will not install.
When I go to the program it will not install either. I encloaed two attachments showing the error messages I get. I do not know what they mean or how to fix the issue.
Thank you for your help.

A:Skype will not update for Windows or itself

Hi seven2,

Please try the resolution here by Tamim:
Cannot update -- error code 1603 - Skype Support Network

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/254921-skype-will-not-update-windows-itself.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Starting a new thread. Prior one's subject is "Error 1663".
This time lets talk, specifically, about the Windows Installer for Windows 7.
Is the installer a stand alone program?
Can it be deleted? How?
Where can I find a replacement?
Bill

A:Windows Installer 5 - trying to update to Skype 5.1 from 5.0

Hi Blockie:

It's built into Windows. If you need to repair it use SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker or run a Repair Install

Sometimes changing your AV to MSE or Avast5 with the Win7 firewall relieves these issues.

Study your logs and do basic troubleshooting: Computer lags every couple seconds

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/146072-windows-installer-5-trying-update-skype-5-1-5-0-a.html
Relevancy 74.82%

On September windows did an update and I had not rebooted since then until Skype Windows Update uninstalled 7 hours ago When I did I found that Skype was uninstalled When checked system restore it showed Skype set to be restored if went and did the restore point created by that update What I'd like to know is where the heck does Microsoft get the idea that they can dictate what software we run on our computers This is NOT the first time that a windows update has uninstalled another program but it is the last straw that makes me write this Skype is my MAIN link Windows 7 Update uninstalled Skype to family members some of which are in bad health so to have MS go and have their update uninstall it in my opinion is down right intrusive MS needs to stop trying to run a computer dictatorship and let people have Windows 7 Update uninstalled Skype whatever programs they want on their computers I am unsure if I want to let the update go next time as I have no idea what will get removed

A:Windows 7 Update uninstalled Skype

Well; Im not so sure that windows update necessairily uninstalled skype. It could be something else that did that. Have you checked the list of programs installed on your system to see if there still is any signs of it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/346208-windows-7-update-uninstalled-skype.html
Relevancy 74.39%
Relevancy 73.53%

I have had issues since last patch Tuesday:
When I try to start Skype nothing seems to happen (no window opens).
Also IE does not want to connect to anything.
If I go to the options IE10 all except file and safety are greyed out.

I have tried resetting through the internet options in the control panel, check no proxies are set.
I have run 2 different "iefix " programs, looked in the event viewer (not sure what to look for, nothing obvious visible...)

I have uninstalled Skype and subsequently re-installed it.

My Firefox and Chrome are fine. I have done a system restore a few times which solves the problem, but as soon as updates are installed the same happens again.

I run W7 64 pro.

totally at a loss now, have spent 2 days trying to find what the cause is.

Would really appreciate if someone has any ideas!

many thanks, Jaap

A:IE and skype stopped working chrome and FF ok after windows update

Not sure which Security suite you have installed please fill in the blank,
Also see what this does,
Use No Add-ons mode/ Click the Start button and type in the search box,
Internet explorer

Click on the suggestion (No Add-ons) or it?s located at,
Start/ All programs/ Accessories folder/ System tools folder/ No add-ons.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/manage-add-ons#ie=ie-10-win-7
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows7/How-to-manage-add-ons-in-Internet-Explorer-9
If using ie10 the first link will apply to ie9 as well,
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-10-win-7

You can also activate Enhanced protection mode and see what happens,
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ieinternals/archive/2012/03/23/understanding-ie10-enhanced-protected-mode-network-security-addons-cookies-metro-desktop.aspx

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/280434-internet-explorer-10-enable-32-bit-64-bit-ie10-windows-7-a.html#post2312336

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/312483-ie-skype-stopped-working-chrome-ff-ok-after-windows-update.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I don't use Skype. I uninstalled it. Windows Update keeps sending updates and marking them as 'important.' If I run the update I find I need to uninstall the program again.

I'd like reassurance that I can safely ignore these updates.

It makes sense to me, but software has gotten complex enough that I want to be sure that this update only updates Skype for Windows and that failure to implement it does not leave a gaping hole in Windows 7.

thanks

baumgrenze

A:Skype For Windows - Program Not Installed - Important Update?

If you change windows update settings as shown below then in theory you will not be offered skype. If you prevoiusly had skype installed and are still offered updates then I guess that skype wasn't fully removed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/402722-skype-windows-program-not-installed-important-update.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I recently did an unusually long Windows update that took about an hour in total, and once my computer was running again, Windows gadgets said "Windows Desktop Gadgets has stopped working" and then I tried to open Skype which also said "Skype has stopped working". I tried updating Java, a second Windows update, uninstalling and reinstalling Skype, advanced uninstalling Skype and reinstalling, but nothing I'm doing seems to be having any effect. I'm completely out of ideas, and was hoping someone could help me to solve this?

A:After Windows update Skype and Windows Desktop Gadgets no longer run.

Bump. This is at 100 views with no one offering any advice. I'm really stuck here, I've exhausted everything that I know how to do to fix faulty computers. I would really appreciate any advice. Thank you in advance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/283573-after-windows-update-skype-windows-desktop-gadgets-no-longer-run.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I recently gave my parents my old computer after i built my own and after trying unsucessfully to update the lastest important update from microsoft i also found that no updates show up on view installed updates in programs and features This computer has been updated to sp and under update history it shows several dozen vista updates but yet again i can t listed update no and updates Can't update the latest important Can't update and no updates listed update and nothing shows up under view installed updates The error code i get is code and i scoured the web trying to find a fix last night I tried several fixes and nothing worked the last fix i tried was downloading the standalone vista updater and it hangs up and doesn t install the update I m about ready to just run a Can't update and no updates listed clean install but does anyone have any suggestions as to why Can't update and no updates listed no updates show up under add remove programs and yet under update history i see several dozen Additionaly i can update other extras but the two things i can t update are the extra dreamscene and an update classified important I tried system restore to two previous restore points and still the same problem nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-update-and-no-updates-listed.871354/
Relevancy 69.66%

Today we have released an update to Skype 5.5 for Windows.

With this update we have introduced support for Microsoft Windows 8.
Full release notes for 5.5.0.117 are:

New features:

Introduced Microsoft Windows 8 support

Skype 5.5 for Windows

A:Skype 5.5 for Windows update: Support for Windows 8

Thanks for the heads up! Finally got it to actually install.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/2236-skype-5-5-windows-update-support-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello all.
Running windows 10 pro 64 bit.
I've updated from Version 1511 to the anniversary update, 1607.
Or at least, I thought I did.
The update went well, no hiccups, no errors. Used windows update, let it downloaded and install and rebooted. Alas, system still shows OS Version 1511.
Used update again, same thing, rebooted, 1511.
Went to the windows site, downloaded the windows10upgrade9252.exe, ran it, same exact issue, rebooted, still showing version 1511.
Error logs show no issues. Disabled all external drives, turned off anti-virus, etc, repeated, rinsed, rebooted, still version 1511.
Only think I've not done is burned an ISO to DVD and updated from that.
Any clues as to what's going on?
Thanks!
Nelson Davis

A:windows 10 update from version 1511 to 1607 anniversary update - does not update

Can you check to see what OS version you have? Check in settings > system > OS build. It should show something like 14393.5 or 14393.10

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/434091-windows-10-update-version-1511-1607-anniversary-update-does-not-update.html
Relevancy 69.23%

The driver and software that was listed a few months ago, on HP Support, will not open for my laptop.  I go an put in my model and it says it can't be located.  This is a 1999 model. DV7-3079WM.  Have they taken my model off the site?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Drivers Update Not Listed Anymore

Hi, You can find us on the following link, select Windows 7, it is the only possible: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-dv7-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-series/4011368/model/4030069

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Drivers-Update-Not-Listed-Anymore/td-p/5751785
Relevancy 68.37%

I downloaded the F.43 bios update from the support page, but in Firmware management, my board ID is not listed. System ID is 2290, but the update folder only has 0227D, 02291, 0227A, 02299, and 02292. My current version is F.34.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/System-Board-ID-not-listed-in-BIOS-update/td-p/5725202
Relevancy 68.37%

I bought my desktop on 15th August and just noticed that the online HP Customer Support shows most if not all the latest drivers are listed on 14th August.My desktop is currently working superbly and I wonder if it's really necessary to update to the latest drivers as I remembered some experts advocate that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".So, should I or shouldn't I update the drivers?Any IT expert advice is welcome. Thank you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Should-I-update-to-the-latest-drivers-listed-on-14-Aug-2016/td-p/5732896
Relevancy 68.37%

hello friend..

I cannot update windows 10 to anniversary update. Every time I check for update, this came out

"We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet."

I am connected to internet, Mozilla firefox is ok, utorrent is ok, everything is fine except windows update.
I have try disable the firewall, turn off windows defender, disable antivirus, none of it work.
I downloaded windows10 update assistant, did not work.
I don't know what is blocking windows update form connecting to internet.

Any suggestion? or perhaps solution.

Thank You.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/62813-unable-update-windows-update-cannot-connect-update-service.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Just received an E-Mail from HP support with an entry as follows: Routine Customer Advisory - Jun 13 2016 Advisory: HP EliteBook 740/750/840/850 G1/G2, 745/755 G2, HP ZBook 14 G1/G2 - Critical Update to Prevent Potential Battery Failure (c05172672) How can you label a 'Critical Update' as a 'Routine Customer Advisory???

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Critical-Update-to-BIOS-listed-as-Routine-Customer-Advisory/td-p/5658678
Relevancy 66.65%

i can not update skype.i am ru8nning on skype 5.3 and every time i want to update a fatal error accures. error1603. further to this i can not access skype video calls

A:skype update

Hi and welcome to TSF

Skype does have its own forum. They may be able to help you better.

English - Skype Support Network

BG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/skype-update-674367.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Official release. Version: 2.5.0.151. Release date: October 18, 2006
File name: SkypeSetup.exe File size: 12.2 MB

http://www.skype.com/download/skype/windows/helloagain.html

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20061020-8040.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/skype-update.511237/
Relevancy 66.65%

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I just found out that a new update for Skype is released.
Version is 7.17.0.104 if anyone is interested.

A:New update for SKYPE

Download the full offline installer here:
http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-full

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/33907-new-update-skype.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Unable to install the latest Skype, I installed version 4. That works well. But when I try to update it, I get the following exciting message -

"The Installer has insufficient privileges to modify this file: C:\programdata\skype\apps\login\
languages\ca.js "
End quote

Has anyone a fix for this. The laptop is a friends and it is running Vista Home Premium.

A:Cannot update Skype

Hello ripsnort and welcome to the forums

Try this:

Command Prompt

Open your start menu and in the search box, type Command PromptWhen you see Command Prompt on the list, right-click on it and select Run as administratorWhen command prompt opens, copy and paste the following commands into it, press enter after each

takeown /f C:\programdata\skype\apps\login\languages\ca.js

icacls C:\programdata\skype\apps\login\languages\ca.js /grant Administrators:F

Now try installing Skype.

Tom

http://www.vistax64.com/software/296840-cannot-update-skype.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I use Skype you can get from Skype.com; it's not Skype Preview that comes with Windows 10. That's junk, in my not so humble opinion.

I attempted to upgrade Skype from version 7.25.0.103, but got so far and was told "The specified account already exists." Next, I was told the upgrade failed. I tried at least four times, rebooted system, etc., but nothing worked.

I had nothing to lose, so I then uninstalled Skype and reinstalled it. Once that was done, I looked and was up to version 7.25.0.104, but I knew 7.25.0.106 was out there waiting for me. So, I checked for updates, was told there were updates to be had, so, with a very reluctant mouse, I clicked and . . .

Whew, I am now up to version 7.25.0.106!

Has this happened to anyone else, or is it something I alone have experienced?

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/55821-skype-wouldnt-update.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello everyone. Recently I tired to update Skype and failed to do so as I got error 1603 and it said it failed to remove the older version of Skype. After receiving this error multiple times, I decided to try to manually uninstall Skype and then reinstall the latest version. However when trying to do so, I received this error message: 

"The installed product does not match the installation source(s). Until a matching source is provided or the installed product and source are synchronized, this action can not be performed."

I have never encountered this error before upon trying to uninstall something so I really have no idea what to do. If anyone can offer assistance with this I would greatly appreciate it!

Relevancy 66.22%

Damnist thing, trying to install an update to Skype, but it won't install amd keeps telling me that I need to give it administration permission. But I am the administrator, also I saved the dl'd update and gave it admin rights, but that didn't help. And when looking for the pathway in the alert, there was no Start Menu under Windows??? Maybe you can help.

A:Why won't Skype update take effect?

flycaster, try this MS Fix
Source

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/288099-why-wont-skype-update-take-effect.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Today Skype opened itself and updated itself whilst I was AFK.

I have it set to manual update only, plus at the time Skype wasn't even running.

Additionally the SkypeUpdate service in Task Manager is also stopped.

This also happened in my partner's Win 7 machine, and looking at the Skype forum, to several other people too.

My question is how did it manage to do this and how can I prevent it happening again in the future?

BTW, this is the desktop version on Win8, not the app version.

A:Skype forced update?

Hi and welcome.

Do you have Windows updates set to install automatically.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/75256-skype-forced-update.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I updated SKYPE and now it won't recognize my log in.
I ran
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
www.malwarebytes.org
Update, 2/22/2016 7:48 AM, SYSTEM, JACK-PC, Manual, Rootkit Database, 2016.2.8.1, 2016.2.17.1,
Update, 2/22/2016 7:48 AM, SYSTEM, JACK-PC, Manual, Remediation Database, 2016.2.12.1, 2016.2.20.1,
Update, 2/22/2016 7:48 AM, SYSTEM, JACK-PC, Manual, IP Database, 2016.2.8.1, 2016.2.21.1,
Update, 2/22/2016 7:48 AM, SYSTEM, JACK-PC, Manual, Domain Database, 2016.2.16.2, 2016.2.21.2,
Update, 2/22/2016 7:48 AM, SYSTEM, JACK-PC, Manual, Malware Database, 2016.2.16.3, 2016.2.22.2,

Scan, 2/22/2016 8:05 AM, SYSTEM, JACK-PC, Manual, Start:2/22/2016 7:48 AM, Duration:16 min 51 sec, Threat Scan, Completed, 0 Malware Detections, 0 Non-Malware Detections,

and
IObit Malware Fighter

Version: 3.4.0.9
Database Version: 1490
Scan Mode:Manual
Time Elapsed: 00:52:24
Objects Scanned: 98885
Threats Found: 0
Save Time: 2/22/2016 10:57:54 AM

|Name|Type|Description|ID|

Runn
(end)

Relevancy 66.22%

Search Results

I am trying to update from Windows 10 OS Build 10586.589 to the Anniversary Update but my computer freezes at 1% progress. I have tried everything I can think of including: Unplugging all extra SATA drives except my main SSD, unplugging my wireless network adapter, unplugging all USB devices (even mouse and keyboard), removing old drivers and updating outdated ones, and installing the update through a USB flash drive. It always gets to the same part and freezes until I shutdown my computer and lose no data.

You can see pictures of the frozen screen here: http://imgur.com/a/PseoH.
Reddit thread (Took the guys advice on there): Windows 10 Anniversary Update Freeze : Windows10
Hopefully someone can give me some guidance on how to fix this as I've tried everything I can think of. Thanks!

Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0
CPU: AMD FX-8320 (OC)
GPU: EVGA GTX 750 SC OS
SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120 GB SSD

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/63726-cannot-update-windows-10-anniversary-update-freeze-during-update.html
Relevancy 65.36%

skype keeps telling me to update/upgrade but when I click on it I get an fail error: 1603

Then I went into administrative account and it downloaded but can't install, I get an error message and then the fail error 1603 again.

Any idea how to fix this problem?

Thank you.

A:[SOLVED] skype won't update - errors

Hi try the info here Re: Updateing Error? - Skype Community

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-skype-wont-update-errors-756233.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Trojan masquerades as Skype updateBy Joris EversStaff Writer, CNET News.comPublished: October 17, 2005, 5:01 PM PDT Cybercriminals are spreading a malicious Trojan horse under the guise of an update to Skype, e-mail security firm MessageLabs said Monday. The Trojan horse, a variant of IRCbot, arrives in an e-mail purporting to be an update to Skype, the popular Internet telephony application. Once opened the malicious software displays a phony installation error message. It then blocks access to security updates and installs a back door on computers, MessageLabs said in a statement.news.com

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/33021/trojan-masquerades-as-skype-update/
Relevancy 65.36%

After the update of the anniversary edition in my 950XL I started to work with the new Skype, but is too buggy, I cannot make calls or receive, takes to much time to connect some times, is someone having the same issues?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436106-new-skype-very-buggy-after-anniversary-update.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I have Lumia 640 XL. I installed Skype Preview on Win 10.
Contacts whose status is online are labeled as offline.
This applies only sporadically.
No other status flag is not shown with the exception of 'Call forwarding'.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438806-how-update-contacts-status-skype-preview.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Update to Skype 6.6. the Webcam disappeared. not visible in device Manager. multiple Downloads of web cam Drivers don't execute. checked bios. Rebooted machine multiple times.

What to do to install web cam Software again?

A:Satellite R630-14J - after Skype update web cam has disappeared

Hi

To be honest I cannot understand why webcam device disappears from device manager list after skype update.
I mean even if there would be a software problem (compatibility issues), the webcam should be listed in device manager even as an unknown device.

However, by default, certain devices are not shown in the list. To include hidden devices in Device Manager display, click View and select Show Hidden Devices.

However, I assume you are using Win 7 system.

> multiple downloads of webcam drivers don't execute
On Toshiba EU driver page you can find the webcam software.
Maybe new Skype version damage something in registry. Would recommend uninstalling the Skype firstly. Download and install the repair tool like CCleaner. Clean registry and reboot the notebook. Now try to install the webcam software once again. Reboot the unit and check if you can use the webcam using installed webcam too.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?73104-Satellite-R630-14J-after-Skype-update-web-cam-has-disappeared
Relevancy 64.5%

the main thing is each and every install nbsp windows update just searches forever and nothing happens after diagnostic tool it says Datastore edb is corrupted and cant be repaired and each time it download the corrupted Datastore edb can they at leats give a proper service pack for windows nbsp bit ultimate that is then uptodate with working windows update that works after a direct standalone install of sp i use windows update pack windows windows it bit update installed and but in has after Windows out 7 new corrpedted Datastore.edb! ultimate retail and allways downloaded 1 it 64 service bugs ultimate bit and i reinstalled the system allready nbsp times each and every time the same problame that Datastore edb is corrupted and windows update just gets stuck i how you can either releasse a service pack so that windows update works again after a direct install of service pack or a windows update that doesnt use data store cause its yepp Not working i use a amd core with a amd hd readon and gb ram both asus motherboard and grafic as it is now windows update is with windows service pack not useable sincierly Christian Madjari

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/72b8be3b-5ea6-44bc-b1bd-200fa8fb7ec6/windows-update-in-windows-7-64-bit-ultimate-retail-bugs-out-after-service-pack-1-and-it-downloaded?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 64.07%

I purchased a new notebook with Windows 7 in October. During the first weeks I uninstalled McAfee and replaced the harddrive. Since November Windows Update fails with error messages and defender does not start anymore. I made several virus scans (complete) with multiple antivirus programs but nothing showed up.Since it took my days to install various software, I do not want to re-install W7. I also have no good backup that I could restore. I am really surprised that there is not even a single entry regarding the error code in the Microsoft Knowledge base or elsewhere.I really would appreciate help. 

A:Windows Update does not work, Windows Standalone Update Installer stops with error 0xc8000247 (Windows 7 Home Premium on Acer Aspire 1810TZ notebook)

Got it !!!!
If You are using notebooks with with hard drive larger than 700 GB you probably should update Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver.
Here is solution :
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02219204&cc=nl&lc=en&dlc=en&product
Download and install it.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3b716d4c-fb5f-411b-9aee-38af1c529336/windows-update-does-not-work-windows-standalone-update-installer-stops-with-error-0xc8000247?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 64.07%

so..last night I updated windows 10 and today, every so often skype stops responding, usually when fetching a new add to assault my eyes with, and then starts working normally again after a moment or two. so who else has observed this behavior?

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/33220-skype-occasionally-stops-responding-after-update-10586-29-a.html
Relevancy 64.07%

:( I don't know what happend, I can't see skype in "startup" tab on task manager
The option in enabled in skype settings

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/440781-skype-doesnt-startup-automatically-after-aniversary-update.html
Relevancy 64.07%

So I have a problem with a fake update pop-up It's the last thing that's left from something else I do not recall exactly what it was but Mobogenie does sound familiar I wanted on update!" Adobe/Skype "Download desktop?! my pop-up Bullbleep to download a program that allowed me to Bullbleep "Download Adobe/Skype update!" pop-up on my desktop?! open a file I thought it was some sort of text file I needed for a thesis in school but it turned out to be a frikkin picture so I got nothing for my troubles and apart for letting me open the file it installed a bunch of other crap It messed with my Chrome and made their own search engine my primary I removed all of it using what little skill I have basic search CCcleaner and Norton Antivirus scan and after that everything seemed fine However I have these pesky pop-ups that tells me to download the latest updates for various programs and I can't seem to find where this program is hiding It pops up every now and then I use Skype quite a lot and it seems to pop up after I quit the program Not always though and it's a greyish pop-up in the right-hand corner of my desktop It says that there are new updates available and it's clickable I did click it once to see where it took me and I landed on a download page for a bunch of crap So no it doesn't even send me to a fake Adobe Skype page I can click the x which I have been doing for a while now I thought I would be able to find the exe but so far I've come up empty handed I am on Windows Ultimate and this pop-up does NOT appear whilst browsing it is solely doing its business on my desktop Unfortunately I don't have a print screen but if I see the pop-up later I'll add it to this topic Kind Regards

A:Bullbleep "Download Adobe/Skype update!" pop-up on my desktop?!

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop.* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.* Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtDownload Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder..... mbar-log-xxxxx.txt and system-log.txt Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.rKill.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.Do not reboot until instructed.If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.When the scan is done Notepad will open with rKill log.Post it in your next reply.NOTE. rKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.NOTE Do NOT wrap your logs in "quote" or "code" brackets.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/523961/bullbleep-download-adobeskype-update-pop-up-on-my-desktop/
Relevancy 63.21%

A disabled recent Windows update has re-activated disabled start-up apps. I use Feem and Skype and both have the start-up command unchecked in their options and also in CCleaner but they persist in starting. It's no big deal but it is mildly irritating to say the leastThey don't start immediately on start up but given a minute or so they are sure to appear. I have read other posts where MS has re-activated start-up apps, always MS apps. Feem is not MS and I have no idea why it should start.Any suggestions will be appreciated and acknowledgedRegards

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/w10-update-reactivated-disabled-startup-items-feem-skype/818.html
Relevancy 62.78%

When I try to install KB3182373, a "Security Update for Microsoft Silverlight", Windows Update reports failure with the message "Code 643 Windows Update encountered an unknown error".
I ran WindowsUpdateDiagnostic.diagcab. It reported that "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem".
What can I do to fix this? I'm running Windows 7 Professional.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ab3e30fe-b420-45f1-b3b0-9fd7f93fbe5a/windows-update-fails-when-installing-kb3182373-code-643-windows-update-encountered-an-unknown?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 62.78%

Fresh from iOS' embarrassing Messages bug that could crash iPhones with a random string of text, a similar flaw is hitting Skype across platforms. Specifically, sending a message containing only "http://:" sends the app into an endless crash loop in...

Read more

A:This simple message sends Skype into an endless crash loop, update out now

Every system has this. Just hasn't been discovered yet on the others.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/this-simple-message-sends-skype-into-an-endless-crash-loop-update-out-now.213661/
Relevancy 62.35%

I am using Windows Professional with Service Pack Windows Update has lost my update history and hangs when I tell it to check for updates Windows Update Troubleshooter reports quot Windows Update error x - - -T- P Not Fixed quot How can I get Windows Update working again Here is a detailed account 0x80070057 Reports Not Update Error Fixed Hangs, Windows Windows Update Troubleshooter of the problem Earlier today I ran Windows Update and told it to install important updates It said it was downloading them but stalled for minutes at done I rebooted my computer and re-ran Windows Update It reported that there were no pending important updates I clicked quot View update history quot and saw that the most recent important updates had failed I clicked quot Check for Updates quot and when it finished checking Windows Update continued to report that there were no pending important updates At that point I Windows Update Hangs, Windows Update Troubleshooter Reports Error 0x80070057 Not Fixed concluded that something was wrong with Windows Update In an attempt to fix it I downloaded and ran the Windows Update Troubleshooter WindowsUpdateDiagnostic diagcab It reported one problem found quot Windows Update error x - - -T- P Not Fixed quot After running Windows Update Troubleshooter I re-ran Windows Update It reported that my most recent check for updates was quot Never quot and that updates were installed quot Never quot When I clicked quot View update history quot I saw an empty list When I clicked quot Check for updates quot the application stalled at quot Checking for updates quot I have re-booted re-run Windows Update Troubleshooter and re-run Windows Update at least twice more Windows Update Troubleshooter continues to report quot Windows Update error x quot and Windows Update continues to show no update history and to hang on quot Checking for updates quot

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/25a67d86-9ee5-460d-924b-663a55e34b06/windows-update-hangs-windows-update-troubleshooter-reports-error-0x80070057-not-fixed?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 62.35%

I thought I cleaned up some malware that hit my computer last week but it seems that there is still something on there I would appreciate any help anyone could give When trying to access McAfee update an Update Error occurs saying An error occurred while updating Please reinstall these programs McAfee Virus Scan Plus Also when trying to access Firefox update it says Update server not found Flash Firefox IE, store, etc. update, Can't iTunes McAfee update, update, access check your internet connection When Adobe Flash plugin tries to update it says that I need Can't access McAfee update, Firefox update, Flash update, iTunes store, IE, etc. to check my internet connection and though I can access the internet I cannot get the update to download When in iTunes I cannot access the iTunes store nor can I download any of my podcasts When I try to use Internet Explorer it says Internet explorer cannot display this page for any website I try to access but Firefox seems to work Malwarebytes and SpyBot scans run clean It seems that I have something similar to what was posted about in http www bleepingcomputer com forums t infected-by-something-but-dont-know-what and http www bleepingcomputer com forums t cant-access-security-site-no-cmd-prompt-help I have attached my hijackthis logI would appreciate any help you could provide Thank you

A:Can't access McAfee update, Firefox update, Flash update, iTunes store, IE, etc.

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below I will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREAndPlease download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OK DeFogger will now ask to reboot the machine - click OKIMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable which will appear on your desktop.ThenPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/327339/cant-access-mcafee-update-firefox-update-flash-update-itunes-store-ie-etc/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hey everyone,
I'm having a few problems trying to update a few programs on my computer.
I can't update anything through my windows automatic update for some reason, everything fails. Also I cannot update my Net.Framework to 4.0 with the windows update or the standalone install. Any help would be much appreciated.

I get a error code: 80070490 from the windows update.
And the Net.Framework just says it failed due to : (0x80040154), "Class not registered "

A:Cannot update Net.Framework or update anything through windows update.

Hi Fataleclipse,

Looking at Microsofts site there are 2 solutions for this issue. Please have a look at this link and try the solutions mentioned. (1. Use Readiness Tool 2. System repair)

If the problem still persists after this, let us know.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-update-net-framework-or-update-anything-through-windows-update-586718.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Tried the following Update works if I bypass the router ie connect the PC directly to modem It also works from different ISP through router at work Format disk amp Reinstall windows From windowsupdate log - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http download windowsupdate com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab gt error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING DownloadFileInternal failed for http download windowsupdate com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab error x efd - - c Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C muv wuredir cab - - c Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - c Misc WARNING SendRequest failed with hr efd Proxy List used lt gt Bypass List used lt null gt 0x80072efd update - with Windows Client error Windows detect Update to Can't failed 7 Auth Schemes used lt gt - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http download microsoft com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab gt error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING SendRequest failed with hr efd Proxy List used lt gt Bypass List used lt null gt Auth Schemes used lt gt - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http download microsoft com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab gt error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING SendRequest failed with hr efd Proxy List used lt gt Bypass List used lt null gt Auth Schemes used lt gt - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http download microsoft com v windowsupdate Can't update Windows 7 - Windows Update Client failed to detect with error 0x80072efd redir muv wuredir cab gt Can't update Windows 7 - Windows Update Client failed to detect with error 0x80072efd error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING SendRequest failed with hr efd Proxy List used lt gt Bypass List used lt null gt Auth Schemes used lt gt - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http download microsoft com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab gt error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING DownloadFileInternal failed for http download microsoft com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab error x efd - - c Misc Validating signature for - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http www update microsoft com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab gt error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING SendRequest failed with hr efd Proxy List used lt gt Bypass List used lt null gt Auth Schemes used lt gt - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http www update microsoft com v windowsupdate redir muv wu... Read more

A:Can't update Windows 7 - Windows Update Client failed to detect with error 0x80072efd

Hi,

Try to remove the proxy server entry from the WinHTTP proxy configuration for Windows 7:

Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start programs and files box.
Right-click cmd.exe in the Programs list, and then click Run as administrator.
Note If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or click Continue.
Type the following command and then press Enter:
netsh winhttp show proxy
Note The proxy setting is listed next to Proxy Server. If there is no proxy server, Direct Access <no proxy server> is shown in the Command Prompt window.
To remove the listed proxy setting, type the following command and then press Enter:

netsh winhttp reset proxy
Click Start, click All Programs, click Windows Update, and then try to download and install updates again.Alex Zhaozx
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f37e3638-beac-445a-83f4-21cf85cb05fe/cant-update-windows-7-windows-update-client-failed-to-detect-with-error-0x80072efd?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 61.92%

I was doing a prep for installing Windows 10, now, I got message that I could not go any further because of

Windows 7 update failed on "Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3102429), the error code is 80200011.
Please help me resolve this problem, so I can upgrade to Windows 10

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/57594b76-a037-46f9-b294-cd6d3fdd5f1f/windows-7-update-failed-on-quot-update-for-windows-7-for-x64based-systems-kb3102429?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 61.49%

also, other programs fail accessing micro sd cards. using Malwarebytes pro. I'm running Win7 Pro on an Asus 64 bit machine.

A:unable to update anti-malware realtime scanner, windows update fails

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/617247 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new FRST log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download FRST by Farbar from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.FRST Download LinkWhen you go to the above page, there will be 32-bit and 64-bit downloads available. Please click on the appropriate one for your version of Windows. If you are unsure as to whether your Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit, please see this tutorial.Double click on the FRST icon and allow it to run. Agree to the usage agreement and FRST will open. Do not make any changes and click on the Scan button. Notepad will open with the results. Post the new logs as explained in the prep guide. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/617247/unable-to-update-anti-malware-realtime-scanner-windows-update-fails/
Relevancy 61.49%

A year ago I tried Windows on my SONY Laptop but had to uninstall it and nbsp reinstalled Windows Home Premium Thereafter nbsp I was notified to install an optional update for the ATI the remove Windows Need for optional HD to update Radeon 4250 number know the Mobility to update nbsp ATI Mobility Radeon HD Ever since then nbsp I go through days of getting a green video window for nbsp Facebook and sometimes youtube videos but with Facebook videos Contacted Facebook but they are useless Downloaded Flash player many different times but no luck Sometimes I can disable hardware acceleration and or check it however other times I can not see if hardware acceleration is enabled for HTML videos I have reinstalled the AMD ATI Mobility Radeon HD drivers several times but the problem still comes and goes for days IMPORTANT NOTE FIREFOX DOES NOT HAVE THIS GREEN VIDEO WINDOW PROBLEM AT ALL ONLY INTERNET EXPLORER SP In the nbsp Action Center under Maintenance I keep getting a nbsp Hardware Error message And nbsp try to download the fix nbsp but get nbsp This solution could not be downloaded Most likely causes Your computer was unable to download the solution at this time Check to make sure your computer is connected to the Internet and then try to download the solution again later BUT MY INTERNET IS GOOD Also here is a report of the Kernal problem Source nbsp Windows Summary nbsp Video hardware error Date nbsp Need to know the optional Windows update number to remove the update for ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 PM nbsp nbsp many different dates appear here Status nbsp Solution available Description A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly Problem signature Problem Event Name nbsp LiveKernelEvent OS Version nbsp Locale ID nbsp Extra information about the problem BCCode nbsp BCP nbsp FFFFFA C A BCP nbsp FFFFF A C BCP nbsp BCP nbsp OS Version nbsp Service Pack nbsp Product nbsp Bucket ID nbsp X x Tdr IMAGE atikmpag sys Server information nbsp - a - de- b b- de f ---------------- I also read that another person had issues with the nbsp optional update for the same display card P S - I also downloaded driverview-x as per a Microsoft online article recommendation and even had Microsoft tech support assistance but same problem Please provide the number of this optional update so I can uninstall it Computer SONY Notebook Laptop nbsp VPCEE FX nbsp nbsp Windows Home Premium SP nbsp bit Internet Explorer Updates are current I downloaded both programs for the AMD ATI Mobility H drivers at http support amd com en-us download desktop legacy product legacy amp os Windows - nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d88dc7e6-8913-4e15-928f-86aa23a1926a/need-to-know-the-optional-windows-update-number-to-remove-the-update-for-ati-mobility-radeon-hd?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi all BleepingComputer first-time poster here Player devices Update/Flash suddenly update Windows audio after All unrecognised I have used your site many times as a lurker but on this occasion I can't seem to find a solution to my problem so am forced to bother you for direct help The problem Earlier tonight All audio devices suddenly unrecognised after Windows Update/Flash Player update I was playing Elite Dangerous on my new one month old Windows desktop system and all was well Belarc Advisor system profile posted here fyi Spoiler Operating System System Model Windows x build Install Language English United Kingdom System Locale English United Kingdom Installed Boot Mode Legacy BIOS in UEFI Secure Boot not supported Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd H M-D H Enclosure Type Desktop Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz Intel Core i - kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache kilobyte tertiary memory cache -bit ready Multi-core total Not hyper-threaded Board Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd H M-D H Bus Clock megahertz UEFI American Megatrends Inc F Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space ATAPI iHAS E Optical drive ST DX - CM Hard drive GB -- drive s n Z DD EA rev CC SMART Status Healthy Megabytes Usable Installed Memory Slot 'ChannelA-DIMM ' is Empty Slot 'ChannelA-DIMM ' has MB serial number A BDE Slot 'ChannelB-DIMM ' is Empty Slot 'ChannelB-DIMM ' has MB serial number A BB Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB free I finished playing and installed the latest Windows Updates nine of them - I can even supply the KB numbers if helpful and restarted When prompted I then upgraded Flash Player from to the latest version After doing this I tried to play a song in Winamp and received this error message Bad DirectSound driver Please install proper drivers or select another device in configuration Shortly thereafter I noticed that my system's audio had stopped working altogether through both speakers and headphones While searching for a solution I have also noticed that Youtube videos in Firefox now crash after a second or two although they play in IE silently of course The symptoms I am in the fortunate position from a diagnostic perspective of having an almost identical working computer sat next to me My father and I bought identical computers a month ago Needless to say after this happened I have not yet run the updates on that machine so it allows me to compare and contrast Hopefully that means that we can get to the bottom of this As you can see from the left-hand screen grab below the volume button in my taskbar now has a white cross on a red background and displays No speakers or headphones are plugged in when hovered over and the Control Panel sound menu now has no playback devices listed the four HDMI outputs also appear as not plugged in on my father's fully functional system As compared with my father's system mine has lost Speakers and Realtek Digital Output from this list The right-hand screen grab is from Device Manager with show hidden devices enabled displaying the hidden devices as greyed out On my father's system all the same sound controllers are listed but Realtek High Definition Audio is not hidden ie not greyed out Attempted solutions The first thing I tried was updating drivers through Device Manager Nothing seemed to need updating there so I did a system restore to a point before the updates The system restore went through fine and the updates were rolled back but the audio problem persists as does the failure of Youtube videos I then tried reinstalling Realtek HD audio both from my driver disks and from the Realtek website but nothing changed I tried uninstalling all sound drivers and restarting the machine and also tried re-installing the Windows Flash updates I have tested the speakers which work fine with other machines I am at a loss to explain or fix the fact that my computer suddenly can't recognise any audio devices Any ideas I'm ha... Read more

A:All audio devices suddenly unrecognised after Windows Update/Flash Player update

I finished playing, and installed the latest Windows Updates (nine of them - I can even supply the KB numbers if helpful) and restarted.

Please post the KB numbers nex time. Seems to be a compatible issue in Windows 8.1 OS or the installed updates initially.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563369/all-audio-devices-suddenly-unrecognised-after-windows-updateflash-player-update/
Relevancy 61.49%

I am to install driver Windows Update Kernel-mode Update: framework Unable unable to update Unable to install Windows Update: Update Kernel-mode driver framework the Kernel-mode driver framework ver for windows Unable to install Windows Update: Update Kernel-mode driver framework for x -based systems KB I get error Also I am getting BSOD stop errors in normal mode that say anything from -memory management x a - quot A device driver attempting to corrupt the system has been caught The faulty driver currently being on the kernel stack must be replaced with a working version quot GDRO sys- address fffff a f base at fffff datestamp b d I'm not sure if they are related When I run in safemode I do not get the BSOD When in normal mode I will get BSOD consistently when running Norton Full System Scan specifically when the full system scan gets to the Windows system folder System specs Processor Intel K Core Duo Unleashed MOBO Gigabyte GA-p A-UD P RAM I have x Corsair Vengeance only using stick of GB corsair vengeance currently due to troubleshooting GPU NVIDIA EVGA GTX HD HDDs Intel GB SSD and Western Digital Caviar Black TB empty PSU corsair watt Soundcard MOBO When I canoo

A:Unable to install Windows Update: Update Kernel-mode driver framework

I, again, apologize for double posting. I figure I should include the host of other issues I'm having. Maybe they can all be inter related.

-my DVD/RW drive, when connected to mother board in ANY SATA slot, causes the BIOS screen to freeze forever. I have disconnected the drive at this time while trouble shooting. I have tried known-good SATA cables so I know it's either the DVD/RW drive or perhaps a driver or mobo failure.

-I have run the memory diagnostic tool in windows. No issues were reported.

-I have NOT run memtest86 because I do not have a disk drive connected.

-I have had stop-errors (BSODS) such as PFN_list_corrupt, System_service_Exception, Memory_management, IRQ_not_less_or_Equal
All of these could be a result of bad RAM.

I have purchased new RAM as a means to fix my problems. It seemed to work for 2 weeks, then the stop errors returned.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/266002-unable-install-windows-update-update-kernel-mode-driver-framework.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi there I m new to this forum and it was brought to my attention via searching for help Looks like a great source for answers Back in January a member by the name of sundavis helped out zigzag I believe i have the same problem with malware I thought i had Windows after is are update. update redirected connect, google to MALWARE..... to unable browsers trying to gotten rid of my malware problems earlier but i don t think i removed it all As soon as i tried to update i was unable to connect to the website or i was redirected to Google search engine While reading this Windows update is unable to connect, browsers are redirected to google after trying to update. MALWARE..... previous post form January i figured that who ever was going to help me needed my specifics and i couldn t base it off of someone else I m hoping that sundavis could help me with my similar situation or someone else from the bleeping computer team I also have a problem with getting kicked from the internet this will happen hours after i turn the computer on I will open my browser and find I m not able to connect to any site but my network says I m still connected PLEASE HELP I m going to paste the problem back from January because he describes the situation a bit better quot When I try to go to http windowsupdate microsoft com I am redirected to google comAlso when I use a search engine sometimes the results redirect to other search engines but when I type the address in manually it goes directly to the correct site It only does this with certain search results though not all and http windowsupdate microsoft com always redirects to google com no matter if I search for it or if I type it in manually The main problem I have though is that I cant download anything from microsoft com I click the link it opens a new window and tries to connect to download microsoft com then I get a page cannot be displayed error quot

A:Windows update is unable to connect, browsers are redirected to google after trying to update. MALWARE.....

Comparing your problems to someone else's is not the right thing to doIt is highly unlikely that you have the same hardware and software setup, for startersIf you are unable to connect to the internet, try safe mode w/networkingIf that doesn't work and you have access to another computer, you can burn these applications to a CD or download to a flash driveThe process of cleaning your computer may require you to temporarily disable some security programs. If you are using SpyBot Search and Destroy, please refer to Note 2 at the bottom of this page.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note:-- If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. Note 2:-- MBAM may make changes to your registry as part of its disinfection routine. If you're using other security programs that detect registry changes (like Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere with the fix or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please disable such programs until disinfection is complete or permit them to allow the changes. To disable these programs, please view this topic: How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/228388/windows-update-is-unable-to-connect-browsers-are-redirected-to-google-after-trying-to-update-malware/
Relevancy 61.49%

We couldn't install Windows 10
0xC1900101 - 0x40017
We've set you PC back to where it was right before you started installing Windows 10
The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during BOOT operation
What was tried: Connected straight to ethernet, Turned off wireless and Defender A/V, Removing the D/L files, D/L fresh from ISO file, launched install file, went through approx 50% and PC rebooted - nor stuck on black screen with swirling dots for OVER 4 hours with a brief HD access every couple of seconds.
Rebooted again -- still swirling dots on black screen. Tried again, same results.
Rebooted with F8 to get original Win 10 back.
Turned on "metered connection" option for WLAN to stop this update from happening. But now I cannot get and security updates for this machine.
Please suspend this D/L until fixed. Cannot afford to have no protection!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438835-update-windows-10-anniversary-update-will-not-install-error-0xc1900101-0x40017-second-boot.html
Relevancy 61.49%

hello - xp sp --- in past was able to access Windows update via tools windows update then could access option to view what is currently showing as updated i e on my computer update history suddenly today that feature is not working - tried everything recommended on the site i e added site to pop-blocker low blockage setting never a problem before today it tries to load that page - i see it flash briefly then disappear with another page appearing stating there was Link' History Area-can't Update Anylonger Access 'update ! Windows a problem accessing my personal update history or whatever the language was - don t remember totally Don t know if this is related but also today i just downloaded amp Windows Update Area-can't Access 'update History Link' Anylonger ! installed the NeT recommended update restarted computer and i think it was after that was completed that i tried to view the link for history of updates -without success I read FAQ and did what i wrote above HELP thanks - Edythe PS under Security - my NET is showing as enabled - course i haven t a clue what that means - LOL - I also did a virus scan - no problems - nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-area-cant-access-update-history-link-anylonger.595748/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hey,

I'm trying to install update KB976932 (Windows Service pack 1 for 64bit) and KB982526 (Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1) but I keep getting error 800b100 which stops me from doing so.

I've tried deactivating my firewall; manually installing from the microsoft website; and using the system readiness tool but I keep getting the same error

I've attached log files and I believe some files are corrupt. How can I replace them?
Can anyone please help me out?

Thanks.

A:Windows 7 - Update KB976932 and KB982526 update failure- error 800b100

i am facing the same problem even, tried installing manually, readiness tool and fix it, nothing works. So i just turned off windows update,
windows update Code error 800B100
I amrunning 64 bit windows 7 ultimate

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/147233-windows-7-update-kb976932-kb982526-update-failure-error-800b100.html
Relevancy 61.49%

is it better to install major updates like new windows builds through windows update or download through the media Creation tool and install them that way i have been using the media Creation tool but i find its such a pain

what do you think?

A:Windows 10 update question - Install via Update or Media Creation Tool?

You can try:Windows 10 ISO

https://malwaretips.com/threads/windows-10-update-question-install-via-update-or-media-creation-tool.61969/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi everybody

I get windows update error code 2 on installing Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5, 4.5.1 and 4.5.2 on Windows 7, Vista, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2 x64 (KB2978128)
I have also some other errors installing Internet Explorer 11.

I have used "sfc /scannow" command but it didn't find any integrity violations. the CBS log is attached.

I have also used SUR and the log file can be found attached to this post.

Any help is appreciated.

A:Windows update error code 2 on installing security update .NETF 4.52

Not as bad as I thought from the file size of the CheckSUR log...

Code:
Summary:
Seconds executed: 626
Found 40 errors
CSI Manifest All Zeros Total count: 40
Unavailable repair files:
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-ieshims_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_ae6c710c2475d6dd.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-ieshims_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_c5578c400ab73d40.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-scripting-jscript9_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_ab08cdc647ee4ac0.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-extcompat_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_a38eed1960d6da24.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-i..ersandsecurityzones_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_32ad7426474825c0.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-ratings_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_455c9a9ecd397534.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ieinstal_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_66663569022097ee.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-extcompat_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_ba7a084d47184087.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-js-debuggeride_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_b8c293a66f3311dc.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-runtimeutilities_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_ae82eb7016c1044d.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-lowreg_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_0f2b73186e1db6ad.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-scripting-jscript_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_e9bf29ad81612b17.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-gc-registeriepkeys_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_a5b33267944d950c.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-sysprep_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_82715ae744395a3d.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-i..tocolimplementation_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_7fb34fc812514c53.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-sysprep_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_995c761b2a7ac0a0.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-htmlrendering_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_910d6ee692a7b589.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-runtimeutilities_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_c56e06a3fd026ab0.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-lowreg_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_26168e4c545f1d10.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-i..etexplorer-optional_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_1680b8a41e440241.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-js-debuggeride_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_a1d7787288f1ab79.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-setup-support_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_439b116ecef783db.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-gc-registeriepkeys_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_8ec81733ae0c2ea9.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-versioninfo_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_6605203fbf36f2d9.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-ratings_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_2e717f6ae6f80ed1.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-scripting-jscript9_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_c1f3e8fa2e2fb123.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-pdm-configuration_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_b72e2fb5a0a8f7b3.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-vgx_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_6b016db5593931ef.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-setup-support_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_2caff63ae8b61d78.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-pdm-configuration_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_ce194ae986ea5e16.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-i..etexplorer-optional_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_ff959d7038029bde.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd6... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/365236-windows-update-error-code-2-installing-security-update-netf-4-52-a.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello,

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 with Windows Updates set to download but no install yet, since many tools start at startup.
However our friends decided to install Windows Update Agent 7.6.7600.320 without asking.
This caused a full hang of the system, including frozen mousepointer.
Hardreset made it come back and it booted up.
But Windows Update now needs to install this update which fails with error code 800F0900.
Found kb2887535 for manual install, which failed with error 800b0100.
Found kb947821 and ran it. Last %SYSTEMROOT%\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log attached.

sfc /scannow reports Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
WUC code 800F0900
CBS Logs attached.

Seems some Unavailable repair files ?

Kind regards,
Dukejoost

A:Windows Update Update KB2887535 code 800F0900 corrupt files ?

You have a problem with the Windows Update Agent.
CheckSUR found the following problems...

Code:
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-windowsupdateclient-ui_31bf3856ad364e35_7.6.7600.320_none_53a370daf19412b1.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-w..wsupdateclient-core_31bf3856ad364e35_7.6.7600.320_none_d5f64d30518fd000.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-w..ient-core.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_7.6.7600.320_en-us_2b6abab786297fc7.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-windowsupdate-adm_31bf3856ad364e35_7.6.7600.320_none_92880415bab4fe68.manifest
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-CoreComp~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~7.6.7600.320.mum
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-CoreComp~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~7.6.7600.320.mum
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-TopLevel~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~7.6.7600.320.mum
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-TopLevel~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~7.6.7600.320.mum
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~7.6.7600.320.mum
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~7.6.7600.320.mum
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-CoreComp~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~7.6.7600.320.cat
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-CoreComp~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~7.6.7600.320.cat
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-TopLevel~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~7.6.7600.320.cat
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-TopLevel~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~7.6.7600.320.cat
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~7.6.7600.320.cat
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~7.6.7600.320.cat
If we're lucky, I can fix this tomorrow....

I'll post a fix protocol when I can.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/343338-windows-update-update-kb2887535-code-800f0900-corrupt-files.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hey all,

So I am currently reinstalling Windows on my dad's old laptop after the hard drive decided up die on us, and I stumbled on a problem that's a bit too hard for me to fix.

Namely, I am completely unable to install any Windows Update. Not even MSE will install.

I tried running SURT, but got error code 0x8000247
I also tried running SFC /SCANNOW, it ran the verification fase until 98% and then stated that there where unfixable problems.

The displayed error codes are:
In WU: "8024A000"
In SURT: "0x8000247"
Whilst installing MSE: "0x80070643".

Attached you will find CBS.log and MSINFO with my system specs.
Cheers and many thanks in advance,
Nommy

CBS.log MSINFO32.nfo

A:Windows Update error code 8024A000; unable to install any update.

That's very reminiscent of similar errors in Win7 - and I wouldn't be surprised to see it being non-genuine.
Please post an MGADiag report BEFORE doing the below potential fixes.

This may simply be caused by a bad set of Intel Storage Matrix Technology drivers -

Installing the Intel Drivers
try downloading and installing them from here -
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...&DwnldID=17882

(IATA89ENU.exe)

Once complete, please reboot twice, then post another MGADiag report.

If nothing has changed, try this...

Please run the following commands in an Elevated Command Prompt

NET STOP CRYPTSVC
REN C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CATROOT2 CATROOT2OLD
NET START CRYPTSVC

once complete, leave the system alone for at least an hour to rebuild the database, then reboot, and run another MGADiag report and post the results.

If neither of them work, we'll re-evaluate.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/302946-windows-update-error-code-8024a000-unable-install-any-update.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I have windows 8.1 and I started my windows uodate yesterday at 9 pm. It took almost 45 mins fir the uodates to download then I clicked in installing the updates. Since 9:45 pm last night the installation is stuck on 25 out 67 updates and the update that has been installing is the windows malicious software tool. Its almost 12 hrs now. I even tried stopping the installation and restarting the ststem. But before restarting the installation process has started again. Please help to reaolve the issue

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/443333-why-window-update-stuck-windows-malicious-software-tool-update.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I am at my wits end with this thing For the past week I have been researching and applying possible fixes to get rid of the problem and make it go away but it proves to be a persistence one Every time I try to Trojan.DNSChanger, update won't to anti-spyware/ad-ware update goes windows msn, access Windows Update it will redirect me to www msn com In addition a lot of the anti-spyware adware I tried to install would not update so I have to do them manually This included ad-aware which I asked a friend over messenger to download the most current definition so I can update it manually I could access the lavasoft website alright but when I try to download the latest definitions it redirect me Trojan.DNSChanger, windows update goes to msn, anti-spyware/ad-ware won't update to a different page I did try to restore my computer to the original manufactured version but it did not solve the problem I ran Ad-aware and spybot on my computer until they runs clean both in safe mode and normal mode with restore disabled I also use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware which I must have done over runs gt lt Anways sometimes it comes up clean and sometimes it comes back with the following again Registry Data Items Infected HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services Tcpip Parameters DhcpNameServer Trojan DNSChanger - gt Data - gt No action taken HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services Tcpip Parameters Interfaces b d - - a- d -ce fb e DhcpNameServer Trojan DNSChanger - gt Data - gt No action taken HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM ControlSet Services Tcpip Parameters DhcpNameServer Trojan DNSChanger - gt Data - gt No action taken HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM ControlSet Services Tcpip Parameters Interfaces b d - - a- d -ce fb e DhcpNameServer Trojan DNSChanger - gt Data - gt No action taken HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM ControlSet Services Tcpip Parameters DhcpNameServer Trojan Trojan.DNSChanger, windows update goes to msn, anti-spyware/ad-ware won't update DNSChanger - gt Data - gt No action Trojan.DNSChanger, windows update goes to msn, anti-spyware/ad-ware won't update taken HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM ControlSet Services Tcpip Parameters Interfaces b d - - a- d -ce fb e DhcpNameServer Trojan DNSChanger - gt Data - gt No action taken The following is the Hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC Program Files HP DigitalMedia Archive DMAScheduler exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPwuSchd exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files Updates from HP Program Updates from HP exeC WINDOWS arservice exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exeC HP KBD KBD EXEc windows system hpsysdrv exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files DISC DISCover exeC Program Files DISC DiscUpdMgr exeC Program Files DISC DiscStreamHub exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR -... Read more

A:Trojan.DNSChanger, windows update goes to msn, anti-spyware/ad-ware won't update

This thread can be closed. I resolved the issue. It wasn't my computer at fault but the router. I became suspicious when every single computers in the house exhibit the same behavior. So to test it out, I use one computer to hard-wire to the internet without the router and I was able to access the windows update page without any problems. Whatever someone did to my router, I have to revert it back to the original manufactured version and afterward, everything ran smooth again. All of my virus software, anti-spyware/adware software are able to update without any problems now. Thanks everyone.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/178286/trojandnschanger-windows-update-goes-to-msn-anti-spywaread-ware-wont-update/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello,

I recieve error C80003FA whenever I do a Windows Update run. It doesn't get past the stage of checking for updates.

I've tried several fixes including:
- Waiting 15 minutes and running Windows Update again.
- Letting Windows Update run on its own schedule.
- SFC /Scannow
- Renaming the Catroot2 Folder.
- Running 3 different Fixit tools.
- Clean windows install.

After each and every one of those fixes I've tried windows update and I still get error C80003FA.

SFC Scannow has previously said no errors, but the last run through it said there were unfixable errors. I've got the log, though for brevity's sake I will keep it until someone asks for it.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

A:Windows Update fails in Update Check. Error code C80003FA.

Clean windows install doesn't fix it? You must be blocked, maybe your firewall???

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/251423-windows-update-fails-update-check-error-code-c80003fa.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Windows Vista SP1 (KB936330) update keeps coming back as important update after installing it several times. I look at updates history and it show the same update already installed several times. Service Pack 1 (KB936330). I don't see update for Service
Pack 2 though. Can someone advice please, I am not sure what to do. I'd appreciate an advice. Thank you

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/13040f9f-69e6-472f-82c0-6a04955a1674/windows-vista-sp1-kb936330-update-keeps-coming-back-as-important-update-after-installing-it?forum=itprovistasp
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi there I m having problems with a repeated popup Your browser is run in unsafe mode Running the protection mode will help you to keep your computer safe Staying at the update Can't "Online fake Windows can't scanners Malware Protection Update, access Tool", suspicious website in unsafe mode may lead to the loss of personal data and computer breakage To run the web browser Can't access Windows Update, fake "Online Protection Tool", can't update Malware scanners in the protected mode Windows requires installing the certified antivirus scanner software and online protection tool Name Online Protection ToolPublisher Microsoft WindowsThe first sentence is grammatically incorrect and the message looks shady picture below Also I am unable to update AdWare or Malwarebytes and errors pop up I m also unable to access the Microsoft Windows Update website Occasionally my browser Chrome Firefox will be redirected to other websites with ads Thanks for taking the time to read this Any advice Edit malwarebytes org is blocked won t load windowsupdate com is blocked won t load superantispyware website is also blocked won t load Other websites are loading fine Edit Updated my HOSTS file rebooted my computer and I still don t have access to those anti-malware sites Regular websites are fine --J

A:Can't access Windows Update, fake "Online Protection Tool", can't update Malware scanners

Scan for Spyware/AdwareThe process of cleaning your computer may require you to temporarily disable some security programs. If you are using SpyBot Search and Destroy, please refer to Note 2 at the bottom of this page.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free version and save it to your desktop.NOTE: Before saving MBAM please rename it to zztoy.exe....now save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note:-- If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.Note 2:-- MBAM may make changes to your registry as part of its disinfection routine. If you're using other security programs that detect registry changes (like Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere with the fix or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please disable such programs until disinfection is complete or permit them to allow the changes. To disable these programs, please view this topic: How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs---------------------------Be sure to re-enable your AV and malware scan tools if they were disabledSAS, may take a long time to scanPlease download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
Close browsers before scanning.Scan for track... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/304745/cant-access-windows-update-fake-online-protection-tool-cant-update-malware-scanners/
Relevancy 61.49%

Everytime I keep using Windows Update/Microsoft Update, Update for Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter (KB932330) always fails. I restarted my computer and tried to update my computer, but that didn't work and I can't find anything in Microsoft's Website that talks about this problem... PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks to anyone who replys

A:Windows Update "update For Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter (kb932330)" Keep Failing

I am having the same problem...what is the way to fix it?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/88439/windows-update-update-for-outlook-2003-junk-email-filter-kb932330-keep-failing/
Relevancy 61.06%

So I'm having some problems with Windows Update this is my parent's computer and I do scan regularly with Avast and Malwarebytes- no threats I go to update Windows Updates and it just stays on the loading screen with progress however from time to stuck at Windows screen, Update update Java can't loading time I notice when I go to shut Windows Update stuck at loading screen, can't update Java down the computer I get one of those icons on my shut down button Windows Update stuck at loading screen, can't update Java that you sometimes get from updates so I don't know what's going on I get that icon and at shut down it says updates of are installing do not turn off your computer but then after reboot when I go back to Windows Updates it's now less so I had updates now I have but I still never saw the progress bar nothing there was no indication that updates were being installed it was always at I waited over hours- almost all day I'm just confused and now it's saying I have updates and again it's just stuck at the loading screen no progress can anyone help me out with this My dad said he also noticed the computer running a bit slow even boot up is slow Also Java I cannot get it to install I get the pop up window in my taskbar to install updates but when I click it nothing happens this I have problems with even on my personal laptop I can't ever seem to install Java updates because it won't open what is going on with this program Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you I just wanted to add that I'v also been experiencing some loading problems with webpages I keep getting an error page and some pages I can't load for a while it took me a very long time to be able to post here and took me a while to load google even sometimes they load ok but other times unable to load for some reason took a screenshot to show you maybe that has something to do with updates not being able to load and install

A:Windows Update stuck at loading screen, can't update Java

Computer freezes a lot and loads slowly as well.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-update-stuck-at-loading-screen-cant-update-java-1126201.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi all really hoping for some help I have been trying to set up my older laptop with a clean install of windows ultimate bit The reason to do this is because I was given a SSD drive and wanted to set up a fresh system This laptop was before running just fine on the breaks update after update Windows installing agent 7.6.7600.320 same windows version but from a HDD My problem is this I run a new setup for windows no problems I run windows update and it starts with updating to a new update agent Version No problems I receive some updates including SP After installing SP I get the mandatory update to update to Update Agent and windows update just breaks When I start it just searches for updates forever but never finds any after hours Now my PC is running the same windows version and updates just fine Also I have tried to do clean installs on several systems and they ALL have the exact same problem I even did installs on all these systems with different W versions Home and PRO and still the exact same problem as soon as Update Agent gets installed it all grinds to a halt I have tried all kinds of solutions I found on the internet including a repair tool from tweaking com Tweaking com Windows update breaks after installing update agent 7.6.7600.320 - Windows Repair Free Pro which combines most solutions suggested like disk and Windows update breaks after installing update agent 7.6.7600.320 file system checks Windows update breaks after installing update agent 7.6.7600.320 I also changed DNS settings to the Google DNS and of course tried the MS Fix it tool and also ran CCCleaner I have tried so many things I don't even remember them all So because the installation on my laptop HDD was running fine before I made an image of that disk and imaged it onto the SSD but still the same problem If I now run W from my old HDD it also doesn't work anymore It all seems so unlogical because my PC is on the same internet connection and has no problems which suggests it's not a router issue It is also not a WIFI issue because if I use the cable from my pc in the laptop it still does not update Hoping for some guidance for which I thank you in advance Edit included my update log if that helps Note in this case I did a clean setup but never connected to the internet I had downloaded the standalone SP and the latest update agent and all installed them offline hoping it would change something Result is exactly the same as when I just did these updates via Windows Update

A:Windows update breaks after installing update agent 7.6.7600.320

Hi Jo123 & welcome to the forum.
Please follow Windows Update Posting Instructions.
Don't think issue is with windows os, it's windows update.
Windows updates are taking an extremely long time.
Some have stated 24-48 hours.
Set your computer to sleep NEVER
Start windows update and be patient.
Patience is a virtue!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/384576-windows-update-breaks-after-installing-update-agent-7-6-7600-320-a.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello, 
I've noticed broken fonts in Dell Command Update on my Latitude E6440, so I can neither update software or drivers nor uninstall command update. 

Could anyone help me resolve this issue? 
Additionaly, I have WiDi issues, but I'd like to resolve them by driver update. Unfortunately, I can't update anything using provided utility due to broken GUI.

A:Can't update, repair or uninstall Dell Command Update on Windows 10

victor.istomin,Thank you for notifying us about this issue. I have sent an email to the drivers team to resolve the page. For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-Jesse L and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your Dell Order number.You would click my name in blue, then on the next page in the upper right corner, click the words "send private message"

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19682429
Relevancy 61.06%

Hey guys! I hope you guys can help me out. I cant update windows 7 (error code 80072efe) or any of the various anti virus programs I have tried. Also occasionally I get a pop-up window that never loads with the address http:gugle-analytics.com.

What do you guys need?

Ian

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/305105/cant-access-windows-update-or-update-anti-virus-programs/
Relevancy 61.06%

I would like to delete the failed updates list in Windows 7 Update.  I have done this in the past but forget exactly the process.

I think you go to Windows Folder-Software Distribution.  After deleting everyhting in the folder., i think you are to restart the computer.  Once finished the list of updates in Windows Update will be cleared. 

Please correct if I am wrong.  Thanks in advance for your assistance.

A:Failed Updates in Windows Update. Want to clear update list?

This is the way I suggest :

Go to start > type in cmd > right click at cmd.exe > Run as Administrator.

Type in "net stop WuAuServ" without quotes > hit enter.

Type in "start %windir%\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore" without quotes > hit enter. A folder will come up. Don't close that black window.

Rename file "DataStore" to "DataStoreold" without quotes.

Go to that black screen, Type in "net Start WuAuServ" without quotes > hit Enter. After it finished you can close it.

Now your Windows Update logs will now cleared.

Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504610/failed-updates-in-windows-update-want-to-clear-update-list/
Relevancy 61.06%

Win Windows Update not working post migration nor is Windows Update Readiness tool installing Tool Windows won't Readiness not is Update working/Update install I have renamed catroot and Windows Update is not working/Update Readiness Tool won't install stopped services nothing working I just migrated HD to a hybrid solid state Seagate Momentus I had this problem both with Acronis and Acronis and Windows Backup would not create a recoverable partition always said file not available about through the recovery I have installed the Intel IDE ATA drivers and scoured the help topics I have tried everything I could really use Windows Update is not working/Update Readiness Tool won't install some help The error I receive when attempting to install the Windows Update Readiness Tool is quot Installer encountered an error xc quot The Microsoft Windows Update is not working/Update Readiness Tool won't install FixIt and Control Panel FixIt says it has fixed the problem but Update does not work Nothing is working but the OS is healthy the disk is healthy The sfc scannow doesn't reveal any corrupted components I followed all of these instructions before attempting to install the Windows Update Readiness Tool Windows Update Service and Windows Module Installer Service are the two basic services responsible for all your updates to install correctly If Windows Updates are failing then my first step would be to check if these two services are running Windows Update Service enables the detection download and installation of updates for Windows and other programs If this service is disabled users of this computer will not be able to use Windows Update or its automatic updating feature and programs will not be able to use the Windows Update Agent WUA API Windows Module Installer Service enables installation modification and removal of Windows updates and optional components If Windows Module Installer service is disabled install or uninstall of Windows updates might fail To check it click on Start in the start search type Service msc and hit Enter A list of Microsoft Services will be populated Search for these services and check the status If they are not running right click on it and click on start Now try installing System Update Readiness Tool and check if you re able to install it If the status of these services says it is running and if Windows updates are still failing then I would check the Windows Update log file which would give me some error details about why the updates are failing In your scenario the System Update Readiness Tool also called checksur is failing because another update is in progress You cannot have two concurrent updates installing at the same time Check out the link below You receive an error message in the WindowsUpdate log file when you use a utility that calls the CopyToCache method in Windows Update or in Microsoft Update You receive an error message in the WindowsUpdate log file when you use a utility that calls the CopyToCache method in Windows Update or in Microsoft Update Here are the steps below which would erase the current update history By doing so there won t be any another updates that can run Note If the operating system is a bit then you ll have to download bit version of the system update readiness tool If it says bit then download bit version of the system update readiness tool Open the command prompt in an elevated mode Run as administrator To open it press Windows Button R type in cmd and click on OK Try executing these commands in the command prompt C WINDOWS SYSTEM services msc You'll get the services window Stop the following services by right clicking on the service and clicking on stop i Background Intelligent Transfer Service ii Cryptographic Service iii Windows Update Service Once you have stopped these services please go back to the command prompt and rename the folders catroot and software distribution C WINDOWS SYSTEM ren catroot catroot old C WINDOWS SYSTEM cd C WINDOWS ren softwaredistrib... Read more

A:Windows Update is not working/Update Readiness Tool won't install

Windows Update Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/270154-windows-update-not-working-update-readiness-tool-wont-install.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Windows Update comments & questions no Window update issues

Why are windows update so huge? On mine, I noticed 104.7 mb for required security updates.

I also noticed some other optional updates for windows 7, I am ed to see those with Windows 7 mainstream supported ended. I thought Microsoft Security essential would be the only one shown in the Optional updates and nothing else. I know windows 7 gets security updates till 2020.

A:Windows Update comments & questions no Window update issues

Well... Better not complain about it, now mainstream support has ended.

I'm at near 1Gb of Optional updates & Hotfixes since i installed SP1, and for security updates i do not find those in excess.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/360937-windows-update-comments-questions-no-window-update-issues.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I've wanted to download an app called Clamour, but I need a newer version of Windows Phone 10. I am part of the insider preview, and have searched for updates, however, I have no updates waiting yet. I thought the update rolled out to the Lumia 950. Has it not yet or am I missing something?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/440677-how-exactly-can-i-update-my-lumia-950-windows-phone-10-anniversary-update-14393-0-a.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I have been trying for weeks to clean this virus I have installed various anti-malware but I am blocked from updating Spybot S D Ad-Aware SuperAntiSpyware Malwarebytes Running XP pro Gbyte Gbyte HD ZoneAlarm Symantec Antivirus Ad-Aware I have Symantec Antivirus Corporate It says it updates but acts odd when updating looking for the same files twice before downloading I have IE and Opera IE will not open windows update page I have an XP boot cd SP but it would be a large pain to reload and update I have a clean laptop or anti-malware Can?t update. update access windows XP Home that I can use to download and copy files with WiFi Can you Can?t update anti-malware or access windows update. help Thanks DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Administrator at on Mon Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - FW ZoneAlarm Firewall enabled BDA - B - F - -F FCFF F B Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files ABBYY FineReader Licensing PE NetworkLicenseServer exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files CTDevSrv exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT DefWatch exe C Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT Rtvscan exe C WINDOWS System HPZipm exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Administrator My Documents software dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer c e -b - bc - - c ca - c program files real realplayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File uRun msnmsgr quot c program files windows live messenger msnmsgr exe quot background uRun SUPERAntiSpyware c program files superantispyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe mRun ZoneAlarm Client quot c program files zone labs zonealarm zlclient exe quot mRun vptray c progra symant symant vptray exe mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime qttask exe quot -atboottime mRun SunJavaUpdateSched c program files java jre bin jusched exe mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot StartupFolder c documents and settings all users start menu programs startup HP Digital Imaging Monitor lnk disabled StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup karen' lnk - c program files karen's power tools time sync PTSync exe StartupFolder c documents and settings all users start menu programs startup Microsoft Office lnk disabled IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBC - c program files java jre bin npjpi dll IE DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - - F - D - - D F - c pro... Read more

A:Can’t update anti-malware or access windows update.

Hello and welcome to TSF

You may wish to subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

-------------------------------------

We will begin with ComboFix.exe. Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running the tool:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

* Ensure you have disabled all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
See this link for instructions on how to do this:
How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/can-t-update-anti-malware-or-access-windows-update-467501.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Ok, let me begin by saying I'm not an expert on the computer by any stretch of the word.
That being said, I've been having a problem with an update that Windows Update has been TRYING to install on my computer for at LEAST a month.
Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB936181)
pops up many times a day and it will SAY that it is installing (or that it has been installed) but then a few minutes later POP! There it shows up again. I've tried turning off my anti-virus (Norton 360) and installing it, and nothing works. I have LITERALLY tried installing this thing over 100 times.
Can anyone help me?

A:Windows Update has an update titled "Core Services...etc" that will not install

Try directly downloading it here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/213457/windows-update-has-an-update-titled-core-servicesetc-that-will-not-install/
Relevancy 61.06%

iTunes 12.5x will not install on my Windows 10 desktop. I download the latest iTunes version and then get the error below, multiple times.

I read up on the error. The recommendation to cure the problem was to go to Programs, Uninstall, but instead Repair the Apple Software Update application.

I tried that, right-clicked to Repair ASU, but then I got a message saying that ASU was already uninstalled. I cannot now find Apple Software Update application to re-install it. I've looked all over the Apple and Windows download systems. No luck.

Can anyone help me with this problem ?

Thanks,

Clark

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/69723-cannot-update-repair-find-apple-software-update-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Today June 19 2012 I received this.Did anyone get this also?After Microsoft's service had been cracked by Flame, my trust in Microsoft has dropped to zero.So I would need confirmation if anyone else had thisupdate today (19 June 2012).The interesting thing is, mostly it gives a link forthe update to read more info about a certain update.But here today is no description whatsoever.edit: I should mention the odd thing about this is, I lookedinto my update settings and it was set to automatically installand update windows. So it should have downloaded this and installed.So why the difference?It makes me feel uneasy, to say the least.Advise pleaseThank You

A:Urgent - Windows 7 Update Service Update June 19 2012

I called Microsoft just now.
They established a remote session directly to my PC.
After verification that my OS is legit etc. they had a look at this.

They recommend that I reinstall Windows from one of their ISO images
and not from the HP recovery partition.

The guy said he wouldn't trust that update as there is the information link
missing.

I only can do what he says, downloading that 3 GB ISO and burn the DVD
and reinstall Windows.

So, if you get the SAME looking update, my advise is as his.
Don't install that update.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/457496/urgent-windows-7-update-service-update-june-19-2012/
Relevancy 61.06%

I cannot get to Windows Update, or update Microsoft Security Essentials Virus and Spyware Definitions. Windows UpdateError number: 0x80070424] The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.MSEError Code: 0x80070424Error Description: Security Essentials couldn't install the definition updates. Please try again later. I used one of your topics to remove Internet XP Security 2011 the other day. I reinstalled IE and reset the IE default settings I got IE to stop doing browser redirects on Google searches.Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware says I'm clean. RKill finds no processes to be stopped.OSWindows XP ProfessionalThank you in advance for your consideration.

A:Failure: Update Microsoft Security Essentials or Windows Update

Welcome aboard Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList last 10 Event Viewer logList Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt=============================================================================Please download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and be sure to re-enable your anti-virus, Firewall and any other security programs you had disabled.IMPORTANT! If for some reason GMER refuses to run, try again.If it still fails, try to UN-check "Devices" in right pane.If still no joy, try to run it from Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/413002/failure-update-microsoft-security-essentials-or-windows-update/
Relevancy 61.06%

http://www.techsupportforum.com/atta...1&d=1286676697

Is there a reason why i cant download this update.

A:cant download update for Security Update for Windows Vista (KB978601)?

check the update history and tell which update it is :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-download-update-for-security-update-for-windows-vista-kb978601-520607.html
Relevancy 61.06%

my ip provider told me that my zonealarm was interfering with my internet, and thats why i cant get an update from windows, not ,like i thought it was before, is there anyway i can stop this??? and can i update in safe mode

Relevancy 61.06%

Logs attached. Attempting to update Windows results in attempt to update Windows Update Installer, which fails with Code 80073712. Logs attached.

sfc /scannow reported no problems found.

Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium x64

Thanks in advance!

- Tim

A:Windows Update Installer Update failing - Code 80073712

CheckSUR shows the following...

Code:
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-w..lient-aux.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_7.6.7600.320_en-us_d5981a6600d138cc.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-w..owsupdateclient-aux_31bf3856ad364e35_7.6.7600.320_none_bc07877c65502903.manifest

I'll post a fix protocol soon.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/347061-windows-update-installer-update-failing-code-80073712-a.html
Relevancy 61.06%

As surfaces ?Software update 10? Lumia Update page with for Windows the Windows Mobile release inches closer and closer Microsoft has now updated its software update page for Windows Phone to include Windows The page which typically helped Lumia users to know the status of their updates and previously whether it was in testing waiting for dispatch etc has now been updated to include instructions for Lumia devices running Windows Mobile In ?Software Update for Lumia with Windows 10? update page surfaces addition to that Microsoft s Windows Phone help page is now full of FAQs about Windows we re going with Microsoft s branding here from now on for the casual user As the roll out rumoured to be starting next week and currently being shipped out to carriers for staging inches ever ?Software Update for Lumia with Windows 10? update page surfaces closer Windows Phone users should be excited about the new functionality enabled by Microsoft To reiterate the first few devices that Microsoft has confirmed will get Windows are the Lumia Lumia Lumia Lumia Lumia Lumia GB RAM Lumia Lumia XL Lumia Lumia and Lumia From Software Update for Lumia with Windows update page surfaces as Microsoft answers all your Windows FAQs nbsp

A:“Software Update for Lumia with Windows 10” update page surfaces

No Lumia 730?

https://malwaretips.com/threads/%E2%80%9Csoftware-update-for-lumia-with-windows-10%E2%80%9D-update-page-surfaces.52976/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello. It all started couple of days ago when I wansn't able to start my Skype, because at the login window Skype uses Internet Explorer I've been trying couple of days to do something. At first I was getting internet explorer 10 update error, but somehow, magically, that update installed, but now!!! now it says that there's Internet explorer 9 update error! Please help, guys, really frustrated that I can't use skype, I really need it for my work. ty.

I've made logs with System Update Readiness Tool as suggested here Windows Update Posting Instructions, but when I try to attach it, it says

Quote:
CBS.zip:
Your file of 10.84 MB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 8.30 MB for this filetype.

What should I do? I've tried to zip CBS and to rar it, but the size is still bigger than allowed. HELP!

A:Windows update error 9C48, Internet Explorer update.

I'm thinking my CSB file is bigger than it has to be because I've been running this System Update Readiness Tool couple of times in last few days, maybe I should delete something out of there?

Update: I uploaded it here http://ge.tt/4ab6s9i/v/0, sorry if it's against the forum rulse, or something, will do as it must be done if this isn't appropriate. thx

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/292074-windows-update-error-9c48-internet-explorer-update.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello,
First, excuse my english, I'm trying my best.

I get error C80003FA whenever I do a Windows Update run.

I did the Windows Update Posting instructions. When I did the SURT installation, it didn't finish and I had to reboot the PC. Then it work.

I've tried sfc /scannow several times before with different results: sometimes finished with no errors, sometimes finish with unfixable errors and sometimes didn't finish at all.

I uploaded the CBS.zip

Hope you can help me, thanks.

A:Windows Update doesn't update. Error code C80003FA

There are no errors in any of the posted logs
Please post the C:\WIndows\windowsupdate.log file.

Please also post the event logs...

Open Event Viewer
click on the Windows logs entry in the left pane to expand it.
Now click on the Application entry - wait while it loads.
Click on 'File' in the menu bar and select Save...

Save the file as Appevt.evtx

Repeat for the System log

then zip both, and upload them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/374917-windows-update-doesnt-update-error-code-c80003fa.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello folks - first post so you have my apologies if I don t quite get the format correct I did a search for this problem and didn t Disabled box flashing/Automatic Update command Windows Update find anything - my apologies again if this type of problem has already been addressed First of all I m running Windows Vista Ultimate with SP bit on a Dell Latitude D with GHz processor and GB RAM A short while back a command box has been flashing every twenty or thirty seconds with a heading having something to do with Windows Update Windows Update command box flashing/Automatic Update Disabled from what I can read the cmd box comes and goes very quickly This came with a Windows Security alert saying that the Windows Automatic Updates were disabled When I attempted to re-enable automatic updates I got the message Window Title Windows Security Center Main Instruction Security Center can t change your automatic updating settings Content Change settings manuallyWhen I attempt to change the settings manually I get the error Window Title EC - AEA- -A DD- B D EEF DB- AD- E -AD - Windows Update command box flashing/Automatic Update Disabled E F C F pageSettings Content Windows cannot find EC - AEA- -A DD- B D EEF DB- AD- E -AD - E F C F pageSettings Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again OK I looked up the error messages online and found a variety of explanations from quot this is a Windows error quot to quot this is a backdoor trojan quot My first instinct was that it was a virus so I ran a full Symantec Scan ran a Bazooka Scan and ran one other full scan that was suggested by another forum I ve deleted the program since and found nothing to fix I then turned my attention to the quot it s a windows update theory quot and tried installing the Windows Update Manager tried manually re-registering the updater dlls and tried stopping then re-registering the same dlls I managed to register the following dllsregsvr wuapi dllregsvr wuaueng dllregsvr wuaueng dllregsvr wucltui dllregsvr wups dllregsvr wuweb dllThis dll failed however with this message regsvr wups dll Window Title RegSvr Content The module quot wups dll quot may not compatible with the version of Windows that you re running Check if the module is compatible with an x -bit or x -bit version of regsvr exe OK After a few hours of digging around with nothing to show for it the command prompt continued to show up and the updater doesn t work these fixes and a reboot I left the PC when I returned the command prompt was up with something similar to this error message my sister closed it before I could copy it down exactly bit MS-DOS Subsystemwuauclt exeThe NTVD CPU has encountered an illegal instruction Choose Close to terminate the applicationThe error message also had something similar to this code but it was not this code - I believe it ended in a lot of f s in a row if that helps CS IP a OP f d d At this time I m also finding that my Firefox is crashing with quot illegal operations quot - This is not my main issue but perhaps it ll provide a clue This info is making me lean more heavily towards it being a trojan I have run HijackThis and have a log to post - please let me know if it would be a good idea to head over to that forum area as well My apologies for the long post and in some cases spotty information and my great thanks for those who read and respond

A:Windows Update command box flashing/Automatic Update Disabled

Forgot to mentiion that when I try to manually use Windows Update, windows explorer flashes up for a fraction of a second, closes, and nothing happens.

I have the WindowsUpdate Log file saved for the past few days - there is a -ton- of information on it, but I don't get anything terribly usseful from it - let me know if I should post any of it.

Thanks again!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/182661/windows-update-command-box-flashingautomatic-update-disabled/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi all I have been t s'ing this issue for a couple days now and have tried everything including utilizing various restore points short of reinstalling Windows with no success The original problem started when I was prompted to restart to finish installing updates and it has continued to do so for at least a week now Here is a list of what I have done Boot into clean mode Ran System Update Readiness Tool CBS logs attached Ran sfc scannow screenshot attached Verified BITS and WU service running Ran WU diagnostic tool which gave me the error attached Updated the WU agent v Ran MS Fixit and Installed KB -v Hotfix Ran SubInACL to verify registry permissions Cleared Catroot folder Cleared C Windows SoftwareDistribution DataStore and Download Toggled update option to never check for updates and back to let me choose This seemed to be the only thing that actually did anything Windows started to check for updates but did not actually download install any I have also attached the specs of my pc to include currently installed patches for your update continuously to prompts doesn't and update Windows restart review Thanks in advance for your assistance

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/388707-windows-update-continuously-prompts-restart-doesnt-update.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello In the online help for Windows Powershell you may find the following Windows PowerShell does not come with help Do for Help I Cmdlet PowerShell Files Windows Update-Help How the 3.0? Fails Update files To download and install the help files that Get-Help reads use the Update-Help cmdlet You can use the Update-Help cmdlet to download and install help files for the core commands that come with Windows PowerShell nbsp and for any modules that you install You can also use it to update the help files so that the help on your computer is never outdated However running the Update-Help cmdlet in the elevated PoSh shell returns PS C Windows system gt Update-Help Update-Help The given key was not present in the dictionary At line char Update-Help CategoryInfo NotSpecified Update-Help KeyNotFoundException FullyQualifiedErrorId System Collections Generic KeyNotFoundException Microsoft PowerShell How Do I Update the Help Files for Windows PowerShell 3.0? Update-Help Cmdlet Fails Commands UpdateHelpCommand How do I download and update the offline help files for reading extended help right within the standard output Thank you Well this is the world we live in And these are the hands we're given

A:How Do I Update the Help Files for Windows PowerShell 3.0? Update-Help Cmdlet Fails

Hi, for those that get the same error, I discover that running the command
from the PowerShell ISE (both x86 or x64) fails whereas running the command into
Windows PowerShell directly works! on Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fffa20ff-4996-4892-93f6-a54d1ddacbe8/how-do-i-update-the-help-files-for-windows-powershell-30-updatehelp-cmdlet-fails?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello For about the past two years I've Windows reinstall Can't Microsoft Essentials won't Security Update and update been having troubles with Windows Update and it's pretty much stopped checking for updates and updating in general I didn't think much of it but now I feel like it's affecting MSE Recently I had an issue with updating it so I had to uninstall it via the Microsoft Support website Can't reinstall Microsoft Security Essentials and Windows Update won't update because I couldn't uninstall it normally But when I triy to reinstall it it gets to about the point where it seems like it's installing and then it stops and says there was an error with the installation I've tried just about every suggestion and troubleshooting that the Microsoft website offers me but nothing seems to be working I've ran Malware Bytes Windows Defender TDSSKiller and even Microsoft Security Scanner nothing detects any malware or spyware so I'm getting the feeling that something might be corrupted I made another post more in depth about it here but I feel like I might not get any good help If anyone has any suggestions or solutions I'd really appreciate it

A:Can't reinstall Microsoft Security Essentials and Windows Update won't update

Hi,

Check the Windows System files integrity

open the Command Prompt as Administrator (Tutorial)
type the following command and press Enter:
sfc /scannow
Note: This may take some time to finish.if it doesn't say "No integrity violations found" them do this:
In the command prompt window, type or Copy & Paste the following:
findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt"

Close the command prompt.
Attach to your post the sfcdetails.txt file that was just placed on your Desktop
You can safely delete the sfcdetails.txt file afterwards if you like

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/590327/cant-reinstall-microsoft-security-essentials-and-windows-update-wont-update/