Windows Support Forum

Help Installing 'Important' Updates - Errors 80004005 & 80073712

Q: Help Installing 'Important' Updates - Errors 80004005 & 80073712

Firstly If this is in the wrong section I apologize I'm & Installing 80004005 Help - Updates Errors 'Important' 80073712 new I've been trying to do these updates now for several months I get the same errors everytime and each time I turn off my PC i get quot installing updates quot I'll be honest I don't know what the updates are for or when they even do My computers working fine without the updates but it bugs me to know they're there and I can't do anything I have looked into it in the past but always ended up giving Help Installing 'Important' Updates - Errors 80004005 & 80073712 up on it I joined the forum yesterday and The Guy member resolved my issue withing a couple of hours and his reply was the first one I'm not totally dumb with computers I know my way around one I've done graphic design before php mySQL c HTML Java CSS etc so I'm not 'blonde' as the UK would say Anyways back onto the error I've uploaded a couple of pictures I Help Installing 'Important' Updates - Errors 80004005 & 80073712 get the error within about minutes of clicking to update so don't know where its going wrong When I click on 'Windows Update' first thing I see Around to minutes after clicking 'Install updates' I get this Review important updates Review optional updates I have clicked the quot get help with this error quot but then it brings the quot windows help quot box up showing completely different errors which are not any of the above Any Help Installing 'Important' Updates - Errors 80004005 & 80073712 help appreciated amp as said above sorry if its in wrong section just report it and I'm sure a moderator will move it to the correct section

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Help Installing 'Important' Updates - Errors 80004005 & 80073712

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Help Installing 'Important' Updates - Errors 80004005 & 80073712

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/283610-help-installing-important-updates-errors-80004005-80073712-a.html
Relevancy 81.7%

For a while these updates have been showing up in Windows Updates, and they never install properly. Every time I shut down, it goes through a lengthy "update" in which nothing is actually installed. Any suggestions?

A:2 "Important Updates" Won't Install: error 80073712 and 8007000D

Enter clean startup: Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

Install only one of the patches. If it fails install the other one.
Which one fails?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/315976-2-important-updates-wont-install-error-80073712-8007000d.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi everybody,

I try to help a friend with some Windows Update Installation Errors:

KB2972211 fails with Error 80070490
KB2937610 fails with Error 80073712

The System Update Readiness Tool doesn't finish after hours.
Windows Upgrade Installations also failed.
Acronis True Image Home couldn't recover properly.
Manuall instalation of the Updates also failed.
Kaspersky Internet Security and CCleaner is installed.
chkdsk with no errors.
I realy tried a lot, but I don't know the solution.
My friend don't want to instal windows fresh...
Please help me.

The Laptop is a Acer Aspire 7750G
with
Intel Core i5-2430M @ 2.4 GHz
AMD Radeon HD 6850M with 1 GB VRAm
4GB DDR3 RAM
M4-CT128M4SSD2 (with Windows 7 Pro x64 on it)
Samsung SSD 840 Pro Serie 256 (with Data on it)

A:KB2937610 and KB2972211 fail installing with Errors 80073712 and 80...

The CheckSUR log is huge - and incomplete - and shows that you have massive registry corruption. (or possibly a single error!)

Your best option is a repair install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/361041-kb2937610-kb2972211-fail-installing-errors-80073712-80-a.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I was gong thru my history of installed updates and all thruout the history I see that windows vista service pack 1 was trying to install but it failed every time,my question is, do I need to work on getting that installed, it says that it is a important update.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/important-updates-not-installing-317332.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I have been having this problem for a couple of months now. I currently have 25 Important and 5 Optional Windows Updates downloaded onto my computer, but when I restart/shut-down, the updates fail. It usually ends with the message "Windows update failure; reverting (or reconfiguring) changes" or something like that. Then I can log in and use my computer like normal.

I have been ignoring the issue since everything was working until recently. I have started to notice things are slower (Internet Explorer, Chrome) and updates for Avast and other programs seem to get stopped before they can begin. For example, Avast is now telling me I have no internet connection, even though I am watching youtube videos while I try to update Avast.

Please let me know how to get these updates to install properly. I hope that fixing them will also resolve some of my other issues.

Thanks

A:25 Important Windows Updates not Installing correctly

Hello,With Windows Update issues on the of first things to do is check for any corrupt system files/WU files, as these can be the often cause for WU to fail.Please follow the instructions Here to run the System Update Readiness Tool. When the SURT finishes installing, copy (Ctrl + C) and paste (Ctrl + V) the contents of the SURT log into your next post please:C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.logC:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.persist.logSFC /SCANNOWClick on the button. Inside the search box type in CMDRight click on CMD => Choose Run as AdministratorInside the Command Prompt windows copy and paste the following command SFC /SCANNOWPlease wait for this to Finish before continuing with the rest of the steps.Convert CBS.log to CBS.txtClick on the button => Inside the search box copy and paste the following command:cmd /c copy %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log "%userprofile%\Desktop\cbs.txt"Press EnterOnce this has completed please go to your Desktop and you will find CBS.txt => Please upload CBS.txt to this threadPlease Note:: if the file is too big to upload to you next post please upload via Dropbox or One Drive

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562923/25-important-windows-updates-not-installing-correctly/
Relevancy 73.1%

i am having problems installing most microsoft updates that become available am using windows xp home edition here is the error i recieve when trying to install m s s e quot Can't complete the microsoft security essentials installation wizard An error has prevented the microsoft security essentials installation wizard from continuing Please restart your computer and try again quot and i have quot The microsoft security essentials installation wizard has returned your computer to it's original state quot Error code Ox I also have the following windows updates that will not install Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Jscript for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Outlook Express for Windows XP KB Cumulative Security Update for ActiveX Killbits for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Update for Windows XP KB and microsoft other important installing security updates essentials not Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Update for microsoft essentials and other important security updates not installing Windows XP KB Security Update for microsoft essentials and other important security updates not installing Windows XP KB Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP microsoft essentials and other important security updates not installing KB Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Cumulative Security Update for ActiveX Killbits for Windows XP KB here are my logs DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Owner at on Fri Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Documents and Settings Owner Local Settings Application Data TheWeatherNetwork WeatherEye WeatherEye exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe Updater AdobeUpdater exe C WINDOWS system lxbtcoms exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files VideoLAN VLC vlc exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local mURLSearchHooks H - No File BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Ask Toolbar d c f- a- -a ad- d - c program files ask com GenericAskToolbar dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - No File TB Ask Toolbar d c f- a- -a ad- d - c program files ask com GenericAskToolbar dll TB BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - No File TB C E A- F - E-B E- B - No File TB BC FFE -DE F- FA-B -AAD B F - No File TB A A -BACC- D - - A E E - No File uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun msnmsgr quot c program files windows live ... Read more

A:microsoft essentials and other important security updates not installing

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seemingly abate.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by a helper.

Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

* Ensure you have disabled all antivirus and antimalware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Get help here

Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

Please re-enable your antivirus before posting the ComboFix.txt log.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/microsoft-essentials-and-other-important-security-updates-not-installing-470067.html
Relevancy 73.1%

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS STILL AN ONGOING PROBLEM Thank you updates! Not not Browsers Internet installing important working! Hello my name is Shane So about a year ago I got a average gaming computer windows and all that jazz Here's the info Manufacturer Cybertron PC Processor AMD FX - Quad-Core Processor GHz RAM GB -bit Operating System If you Not installing important updates! Internet Browsers not working! need more info please ask So for about the first months I was really enjoying it Started to get on and off Living life leaving the Not installing important updates! Internet Browsers not working! computer for a while So over time I stopped using it and left it alone for about two whole months Didn't even turn it on at all I got carried away with sports Education and what not Than I try to get on my PC to maybe game a little after months of not being on once Everything runs normally on the start up I try to launch Google chrome and it just says oops Google chrome is not working It would show two windows and just stop the application So I look for updates and there are about of them of them wouldn't install So I make a new user and delete the old one Now I have internet explorer which won't even open These are the two updates Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows for x - based Systems MB Internet Explorer for windows for x -based Systems MB I'm not a computer genius but I think these updates are restricting me from launching Internet Explorer Please help If you need any more information please ask for it and I will be happy to provide you with it Again I'm not a windows genius Haha

A:Not installing important updates! Internet Browsers not working!

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/558949/not-installing-important-updates-internet-browsers-not-working/
Relevancy 73.1%

To Windows Forum Community HELP I hope this is the correct place to post this If not please tell me which sub-forum successfully installing important 9 After lost updates, Internet have would be suitable I assumed I need help with the update as the problem occurred after I did important updates I read your suggestions so here is my responses All see step error codes Installed successfully so there are no error codes to report I cannot download SURT as there is now no Internet access since the updates were installed Details follow After having just installed on my Laptop i computer running OS x WIndows Professional---- important updates I always wait a while before doing that in case After successfully installing 9 important updates, have lost Internet something is wrong for others to find the error and make a patch These were from - - at least that is the date they were downloaded into the computer waiting for me to manually install them by pressing Install button on the shutdown box Of course I'm having trouble Everything went fine with the download installing process until I tried to use the web I tried many times using Windows Explorer but I also tried Chrome and lost all my prior browsing sessions which I try to retain as both IE and Chrom browsers said it could not find an internet connection It automatically launched the Windows troubleshooter or maybe I did it After successfully installing 9 important updates, have lost Internet I don't remember at this point Windows Troubleshooter says quot Troubleshooting has completed quot quot Troubleshooting After successfully installing 9 important updates, have lost Internet was unable to automatically fix all of the issues found You can find the details below quot quot Problems found quot quot Diagnosis of the problem is not possible quot And worst of all the troubleshooter began all by itself as Windows announced quot this device is broken quot The Connection graph on right side task bar shows not only mine but all of my neighbor's wi fi connections saying all are working and says both of mine are working I have both wi fi regular quot quot and the newer quot quot band dual band wireless broadband connection I transferred back and forth between them and still I cannot get even the Microsoft com page to load Therefore how can I go to Microsoft com to search for quot solutions quot or ask for help It took a while to figure out how to get this message out to you my other computer is a old old Apple which of course is not allowed to visit and post on those Microsoft Community pages I was given several options by Windows troubleshooter contact a friend who Locally I'm the one people ask me about their computer problems Or go online and ask for help well that's impossible now Or contact the Microsoft Windows Community with my Apple computer no way I have restarted the laptop several times Tried even ctl alt del method and power button methods of suddenly cutting it off so maybe it would do a self-test or something to fix itself but comes back everytime with full bars on the internet symbol on the bottom task area yet says it cannot find the internet anymore I'm happy to know of your Forum which helped me in the past and hoping that someone out there can understand all of these English worded error messages without my usual screen shots or details as I cannot get the information off the computer other than by physically typing it here and guide me without remote access to the computer or tell me what to do to restore web access so I can fix this Unfortunately I can't quot telephone quot the web for help anymore like we used to do back in the dial up days Its all broadband cable only Thanks XP VM USER Sorry about the name I never thought about it I can't change my User name from last time and can't double register due to your rules about one registration per Email address apologies for the errant quot quot marks I am not using a word processor at all to post

A:After successfully installing 9 important updates, have lost Internet

I think your best route of action at this point is to do a system restore back to before it installed the updates; as those updates may not necessairly be suitable for your system. Just because microsoft puts out updates via windows update; doesnt always mean they are compatible with your system. I would do a system restore to before you updated all 9 items; and if you can; upload or post what those 9 items are and we can go from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/316112-after-successfully-installing-9-important-updates-have-lost-internet.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I seem to be having an issue with windows updates installing, im stuck at 14 important updates, and it says some updates were not installed, and gives me error code 80073712 and code 9c47.

A:Window's updates errors, code 80073712 and code 9c47

Please follow the instructions in Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/271423-windows-updates-errors-code-80073712-code-9c47.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I just uninstalled Office 2010 using the uninstaller and the Windows updater keeps installing important updates for it ~300 MB at a time. How do I stop this?

A:Windows keeps installing important updates for uninstalled Office 2010

Which uninstaller did you use? The one in control panel > programs and features or something else? If programs and features you could try using the official Microsoft Fix it tool.

How to uninstall or remove Microsoft Office 2010 suites

If still having issues you can try using the free 30 day trial version of Revo > forced uninstall option.

Revo Uninstaller Pro - Uninstall Software, Remove Programs easily, Forced Uninstall

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/274552-windows-keeps-installing-important-updates-uninstalled-office-2010-a.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hey guys,

Tonight i built and set up the aforementioned Nuc pc and installed windows 7. However some of the drivers arent installing like the integrated hd 5500 graphics driver and the engine management one. These 2 pop up in my windows update as "important updates" but i get failed messages when i try and install them.

Thank you,

A:Intel NUC5i3RYH, Windows 7 Update not installing important updates

I regard Windows Update as a last resort for installing drivers, and suggest installing the drivers supplied by Intel for the board:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/83257/Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC5i3RYH

If you have had driver installs fail, it may be necessary to boot into Safe Mode and delete failed installations from Device Manager and install again if you continue to have installs fail.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/622423/intel-nuc5i3ryh-windows-7-update-not-installing-important-updates/
Relevancy 64.93%

Greetings I have been trying to solve this issue on my own for months now and i have gotten to the point that i believe the only thing i can do to correct this issue is to wipe my system clean and reinstall Windows bit I hope someone here can help The updates i am having issues with are 2 No Not Updates errors Windows Installing, the following KB and KB Both updates while using Windows Updates show that they install successfully but they do not actually install Windows Update then shows the updates again and allows me to attempt to install them again The updates never show up in Add Remove as Installed Updates Attempting to install KB 2 Windows Updates Not Installing, No errors manually says that it installs without issue and with no errors in Windows Setup Logs but again doesn't add the update to Add Remove and any attempt to reinstall it manually allows the install to attempt instead of returning the normal error for already installed updates I'm left to think the issue is related to corruption in my system registry either an incorrect GUID or a permissions issue DISM exe Online Cleanup-image Restorehealth and sfc scannow have been ran multiple times on this system SFC currently doesn't find any integrity violations although it had in the past and repaired them DISM always reports quot The restore operation completed successfully The component store corruption was repaired The operation completed successfully quot Attached to this post should be the CBS Folder and log as well as the DISM log Other Windows Updates install without issue only these are currently causing this problem Thank you in advance -Siphen

A:2 Windows Updates Not Installing, No errors

Unless you plan on installing Windows 10 on this machine, you don't need KB3035583 - simply Hide it.
KB2990967 is related to OneDrive (for Windows 8.x only!) - the simplest fix is probably to uninstall OneDrive, and then reinstall it from a fresh download.

You would be better to repost this question in our sister forum eightforums.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/372062-2-windows-updates-not-installing-no-errors.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I have run the SURT and it ran without problems, but there are still issues installing updates. I have also run the sfc /scannow and it comes back with no integrity problems. I am getting the error codes: 800B0100, 80246007, and 80070002. CBS zip is attached, and there are some unavailable repair files in the log but I don't know what to do with that information.

A:Multiple errors when installing SP1 and other updates

Here's the list of problem files from the CheckSUR...

Code:
Unavailable repair files:
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-lddmcore_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16748_none_07ebd26bfd1a9d00.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-lddmcore_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.20888_none_084a2f871658ac8e.manifest
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2454826~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.2.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2454826~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.2.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_2_for_KB2454826~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.2.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_2_for_KB2454826~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.2.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_3_for_KB2454826~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.2.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_3_for_KB2454826~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.2.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_4_for_KB2454826~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.2.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_4_for_KB2454826~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.2.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_5_for_KB2454826~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.2.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_5_for_KB2454826~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.2.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_6_for_KB2454826~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.2.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_6_for_KB2454826~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.2.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_7_for_KB2454826~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.2.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_7_for_KB2454826~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.2.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2454826_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.2.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2454826_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.2.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2454826~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.2.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2454826~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.2.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2454826~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.2.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2454826~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.2.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_2_for_KB2454826~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.2.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_2_for_KB2454826~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.2.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_3_for_KB2454826~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.2.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_3_for_KB2454826~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.2.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_4_for_KB2454826~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.2.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_4_for_KB2454826~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.2.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_5_for_KB2454826~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.2.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_5_for_KB2454826~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.2.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_6_for_KB2454826~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.2.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_6_for_KB2454826~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.2.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_7_for_KB2454826~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.2.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_7_for_KB2454826~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.2.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2454826_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.2.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2454826_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.2.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2454826~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.2.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2454826~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.2.0.cat
There don't appear to be any problems in the SFC scan, although the above problems show in the background CBS log data.

I'll post a fix protocol later

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/334787-multiple-errors-when-installing-sp1-other-updates.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Greetings I have been trying to solve this issue on my own for months now and i have gotten to the point that i believe the only thing i can do to correct this issue is to wipe my system clean and reinstall Windows bit I hope someone here can help The updates i am having issues with are the following KB and KB The updates are related to Windows functions used with OneDrive and the Windows Upgrade Standalone OneDrive is not installed on this system although Office Pro Plus is with OneDrive for Business when office is removed the update still wishes to install I want these updates installed showing as installed updates Hiding the update is not an option Both updates while using Windows Updates show Windows Updates 2 (Repeating), Installing errors Not No that they install successfully but they do not actually install Windows Update then shows the updates again and allows me to attempt to install them again 2 Windows Updates Not Installing (Repeating), No errors The updates never show up in Add Remove as Installed Updates Attempting to install KB manually says that it installs without issue and with no errors in Windows Setup Logs but again doesn't add the update to Add Remove and any attempt to reinstall it manually allows the install to attempt instead of returning the normal error for already installed updates I'm left to think the issue is related to corruption in my system registry either an incorrect GUID or a permissions issue The Following Utilities have been used Code DISM exe Online Cleanup-image Restorehealth and Code sfc scannow SFC currently doesn't find any integrity 2 Windows Updates Not Installing (Repeating), No errors violations although it had in the past and repaired them DISM always reports quot The restore operation completed successfully The component store corruption was repaired The operation completed successfully quot Attached to this post should be the CBS Folder and log as well as the DISM log Other Windows Updates install without issue only these are currently causing this problem Thank you in advance -Siphen

A:2 Windows Updates Not Installing (Repeating), No errors

Do you have this update as you need it to update those https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2919355

Try disabling your Anti-Virus sometimes interferes with installing updates. As these are both optional updates, one KB3035583 will give you an icon in notification area to reserve an upgrade to Windows 10. These are only updates lately your having trouble with ?

Not showing at all here ?

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/66981-2-windows-updates-not-installing-repeating-no-errors.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi All Like the poster in this thread I'm getting errors everytime I try and install a windows update It goes as far as the configuring updates startup screen but then fails on Some of the errors I get are error a and error I've tried running the microsoft fix it tool restoring the net framework to factory settings and updateing etc but all to no avail I'm not sure it makes a difference but Windows is running on Virtualbox running on OSX Mountain Lion on my macbook air I've also ran the MDAG tool and this is a copy of the report Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - -R K - BYFW-XR G Windows Product Key Hash Nv pdtwQ KYkIGl pJxlmxjBsI Windows Product ID installing when on x64 Errors updates Windows Ultimate - - - Windows Product ID Type Errors when installing updates on Windows Ultimate x64 Windows License Type Retail Windows OS version ID EB CD B-CAB - A A- -C F DA Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Ultimate Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Errors when installing updates on Windows Ultimate x64 Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Users Robert AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt EB CD B-CAB - A A- -C F DA lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -XR G lt PKey gt lt PID gt - - - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt innotek GmbH lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt VirtualBox lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt innotek GmbH lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt VirtualBox lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt EA FE lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt GMT Standard Time GMT lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Software licensing service version Name Windows R Ultimate edition Description Windows Operating System - Windows R RETAIL channel Activation ID a cde c- - -b c-c ad d fad Application ID c -d - d - e-d ec f f Extended PID - - - - - - - Installation ID Processor Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Machine Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Use License URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Product Key Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Partial Product Key XR G License Status Licensed Remaining Windows rearm count Trusted time... Read more

A:Errors when installing updates on Windows Ultimate x64

Here are some screenshots of the update history in case it helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/255563-errors-when-installing-updates-windows-ultimate-x64.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello there My computer started running incredibly slowly recently I noticed that one of my four CPU cores installing - 8000FFFF Windows Errors & 8024000B Updates not was running at and I could not install any Windows Updates After booting in clean mode the CPU core is no longer running at but I have still not had any luck installing any Windows Updates since July th and the computer still periodically takes an incredibly long time to accomplish simple tasks Windows Updates not installing - Errors 8000FFFF & 8024000B If I allow Windows Update Windows Updates not installing - Errors 8000FFFF & 8024000B to run its course it ultimately fails with error code FFFF If I cancel the update I will occasionally get the error code B In attempting to fix this problem I have switched my Windows Updates to manual I have tried downloading the updates and installing them manually with my WIFI disabled I downloaded the Update Readiness Tool and ran it though this only worked after I cleaned my registry with WISE The updates would still not install and at this point I began getting messages that my Windows might not be genuine even though it was pre-loaded OEM with the laptop when I bought it I ran sfc scannow and it stalled at verification the first time The second time it completed but informed me that quot Windows Resource Protection Windows Updates not installing - Errors 8000FFFF & 8024000B found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them quot I have attached the logs Thank you for any help you can offer in helping me to fix this issue I have created a partition where I can load the Windows ISO to do a clean install if it comes to that but I would prefer to not have to wipe my whole drive I do not have a disc that would enable me to do a repair install as my copy of Windows was pre-loaded on the laptop when I bought it new I could burn the ISO to a disc but again this is a huge annoyance

A:Windows Updates not installing - Errors 8000FFFF & 8024000B

I've never seen a similar SFC scan.

It looks to me as if it's stuck in a loop - but it's telling nothing about where or why.
The CheckSUR log is clear.

Having said that, the background errors in the CBS possibly indicate disk corruption.

Code:
2014-07-29 09:12:34, Info CBS Failed to open package file: \\?\C:\Windows\Servicing\Packages\Package_2_for_KB2879017~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.mum [HRESULT = 0x8007045d - ERROR_IO_DEVICE]
2014-07-29 09:12:34, Info CBS Failed to read in xml content [HRESULT = 0x8007045d - ERROR_IO_DEVICE]
2014-07-29 09:12:34, Error CBS Failed to parse package manifest: \\?\C:\Windows\Servicing\Packages\Package_2_for_KB2879017~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.mum [HRESULT = 0x8007045d - ERROR_IO_DEVICE]
2014-07-29 09:12:34, Info CBS Failed to initialize package: Package_2_for_KB2879017~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0, from path: \\?\C:\Windows\Servicing\Packages\Package_2_for_KB2879017~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.mum, existing package: 1 [HRESULT = 0x8007045d - ERROR_IO_DEVICE]
2014-07-29 09:12:34, Info CBS Failed to resolve package [HRESULT = 0x8007045d - ERROR_IO_DEVICE]
2014-07-29 09:12:34, Info CBS Failed to populate children. [HRESULT = 0x8007045d - ERROR_IO_DEVICE]
2014-07-29 09:12:34, Info CBS Failed to initialize package: Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-VistaPlus-Update~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.8112.16421, from path: \\?\C:\Windows\Servicing\Packages\Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-VistaPlus-Update~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.8112.16421.mum, existing package: 1 [HRESULT = 0x8007045d - ERROR_IO_DEVICE]
2014-07-29 09:12:34, Info CBS Failed to resolve package [HRESULT = 0x8007045d - ERROR_IO_DEVICE]
2014-07-29 09:12:34, Info CBS Failed to populate children. [HRESULT = 0x8007045d - ERROR_IO_DEVICE]
2014-07-29 09:12:34, Info CBS Failed to initialize package: Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.8112.16421, from path: \\?\C:\Windows\Servicing\Packages\Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.8112.16421.mum, existing package: 1 [HRESULT = 0x8007045d - ERROR_IO_DEVICE]
2014-07-29 09:12:34, Info CBS Failed to initialize internal package for package: Microsoft-Windows-EmbeddedCore-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7601.17514 [HRESULT = 0x8007045d - ERROR_IO_DEVICE]
2014-07-29 09:12:34, Info CBS Delay load failed for package: Package_for_KB976932~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.17514 [HRESULT = 0x8007045d - ERROR_IO_DEVICE]
2014-07-29 09:12:34, Error CBS Delay Initialization Failed [HRESULT = 0x8007045d - ERROR_IO_DEVICE]
2014-07-29 09:12:34, Info CBS Session: 30386990_3267743814 initialized by client WindowsUpdateAgent.

Please run a full CHKDSK and SFC scan....
Click on Start > All Programs > Accessories
Right-click on the Command Prompt entry
Select Run as Administrator and accept the UAC prompt - the Elevated Command Prompt window should pop up.
At the Command prompt, type
CHKDSK C: /R
and hit the Enter key.
You will be told that the drive is locked, and the CHKDSK will run at the next boot - hit the Y key, and then reboot.
The CHKDSK will take a few hours depending on the size of the drive, so be patient!
After the CHKDSK has run, Windows should boot normally (possibly after a second auto-reboot) - then run the SFC and CheckSUR again, and post the new CBS folder.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/339609-windows-updates-not-installing-errors-8000ffff-8024000b.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Lately I've been getting these errors trying to install updates. The "automatic troubleshooter" just seems to reset the updates database to null and give me a green light. The updates still won't install. I searched around and found KB947821, downloaded Windows6.1-KB947821-v25-x64.msu, and ran it. It ran successfully but it doesn't help. I also turned off my security suite (Norton) but that doesn't help either. I did more searching around but I'm getting nowhere with this problem. Thank you for any assistance.

A:Errors 800B0100 and 8024200D installing updates; KB947821 installed

Please attach your C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log file to your reply.

Which downloads are failing, with what error messages?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/266978-errors-800b0100-8024200d-installing-updates-kb947821-installed.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello everyone!
I have laptop Lenovo Yoga 500 with operating system Windows 8.1, 64bit.
Few days ago I wanted to install Windows8.1-KB917607-x64 but I simply could not because everytime I tried opening this file, error dialog poped up saying:
Windows Update encountered error 0x80004005.
So I searched on the internet for solutions but I found nothing useful especially not for win 8.1
I tried cleaning my storage with ccleaner and also tried to repair registries but it did not help.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ad332452-fac4-4306-817a-5e03b336157b/error-80004005-while-installing-windows81kb917607x64?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 61.92%

So first I get this message when I mouse over the Sound installing errors updates(pictures inside) of after not working windows speaker icon notice the red quot x quot on the icon When I click the icon Windows does a diagnostic and then this shows up This is whats listed in my playback devices and this is with quot Show disabled devices quot enabled Everything is enabled Here is a picture of what my device manager looks like I ve tried installing drivers for my sound card and my chipset I tried restarting my computer updated from my device manager uninstalled drivers reinstalled etc I ve been searching online Sound not working after installing windows updates(pictures of errors inside) for a bit and nothing I found worked so I figured I d give this a shot I tried uninstalling the service pack update but that didn t work Thanks for the help Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate bit Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gateway G M G nbsp

A:Sound not working after installing windows updates(pictures of errors inside)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-not-working-after-installing-windows-updates-pictures-of-errors-inside.1038203/
Relevancy 61.49%

I've got Office Student Edition all installed minus Outlook I haven't done any updates to it I did not install the Microsoft GDI Detection tool And I only visit Windows Update not Microsoft Update and install the critical updates under custom install I'm wondering Are the updates for MS Office that are critical security things included when you do Windows Update For example there are a number of things listed here towards the bottom http isc sans org diary html storyid -- would those have been included in the last batch of critical Windows updates Do you need the GDI thing to do Office Updates When you go to the Office Updates site it wants you to install and run some kind of Active X thing Is this necessary And can it cause any problems Can doing critical Office updates separate from whatever if anything that comes with Windows Update cause any problems or conflicts with other things on your computer Thanks for the help

A:How Important Are Ms Office Updates? Are They Included In Windows Critical Updates?

I don't have that detection tool either. At least some of the office updates are available through the windows update feature. You can also navigate to the Office updates site from the windows update site. There are no problems with installing the office updates separately. In fact, I generally download only 1 or 2 updates at a time as I am on dial-up.

Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/82313/how-important-are-ms-office-updates-are-they-included-in-windows-critical-updates/
Relevancy 61.49%

I ve got Office Student Edition all installed minus Outlook I haven t done any updates to it I did not install the Microsoft GDI Detection tool And I only updates? MS are Critical important How included Windows Are they Updates? Office in visit Windows Update not Microsoft Update and install the critical updates under custom install I m wondering Are the updates for MS Office that are critical security things included when you do Windows Update For How important are MS Office updates? Are they included in Windows Critical Updates? example there are a number of things listed here towards the bottom http isc sans org diary html storyid -- would those have been included in the last batch of critical Windows updates Do you need the GDI thing to do Office Updates When you go to the Office Updates site it wants you to install and run some kind of Active X thing Is this necessary And can it How important are MS Office updates? Are they included in Windows Critical Updates? cause any problems Can doing critical Office updates separate from whatever if anything that comes with Windows Update cause any problems or conflicts with other How important are MS Office updates? Are they included in Windows Critical Updates? things on your computer Thanks for the help nbsp

A:How important are MS Office updates? Are they included in Windows Critical Updates?

bloomcounty said:

I've got Office 2003 Student Edition (all installed, minus Outlook). I haven't done any updates to it. I did not install the Microsoft GDI+ Detection tool. And I only visit Windows Update (not Microsoft Update) and install the critical updates under custom install.

I'm wondering:

1. Are the updates for MS Office that are critical security things included when you do Windows Update? (For example, there are a number of things listed here towards the bottom: http://isc.sans.org/diary.html?storyid=2232 -- would those have been included in the last batch of critical Windows updates?

2. Do you need the GDI+ thing to do Office Updates?

3. When you go to the Office Updates site, it wants you to install and run some kind of Active X thing. Is this necessary? And can it cause any problems?

4. Can doing critical Office updates (separate from whatever, if anything, that comes with Windows Update) cause any problems or conflicts with other things on your computer?

Thanks for the help!Click to expand...

1. No. You either do Windows update and Office update, or you do Microsoft update, which does both at once.

2. I think so, but I am not positive. If you need it, it will install it, or, if you decline, you may not get updates. One way to find out, try it.

3. I don't think it will do the updates without it. Again, try it. It never caused any problems for me having it.

4. I can't guarantee that, nor can anyone else. Sometimes these "hotfixes" cause problems. Wait at least a few days after release to update was my motto. If there were any problems, you may hear about them, giving you the option to wait for that "fix" and, it gives MS time to be notified and correct it. Hopefully.

For what it's worth, I always kept my XP updated, waiting a few days after the release of course.
Hope this helps.
RootbeaR

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-important-are-ms-office-updates-are-they-included-in-windows-critical-updates.546066/
Relevancy 61.06%

I installed a lot of updates yesterday, except DotNet 3.5 SP1 and Windows 7 SP1, because WU gives me the following errors when I try to install such updates:

800B0100

I already tryed the Update Readness Tool and nothing.

Someone can help ?

A:Update errors 800B0100 and 80073712

I also tryed the Microsofdt FixIt tool (in agressive mode) and nothing too

~edit~

I'm about to format and install build 7601 (SP1)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/199364-update-errors-800b0100-80073712-a.html
Relevancy 61.06%

hi, when i try to install updates from windows updates some of them don't get installed and i get these errors. Any help?

A:800B0100 and 80073712 update errors

Do this tutorial and wait for a expert to drop by.
Windows Update Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/368993-800b0100-80073712-update-errors.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello all,
I am having this problem updating windows Here's a screenshot:

I have ran checksur,DISM and others from like threads I have found here
Here is the CBS.zip file (large)
CBS file

Thanks in advance
Steve

A:Windows Update Errors 80073712

Here's the important parts of the CheckSUR summary....

Code:
Summary:
Seconds executed: 437
Found 22 errors
CSI Manifest Zero Length Total count: 13
CBS MUM Corrupt Total count: 5
CBS Catalog Corrupt Total count: 4
winsxs\manifests\amd64_7c2bb2a2ffc2ac81704322226e854377_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22865_none_7400786b7d2a5cdd.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_494ded6d21ebfdb4332398babb2d05b3_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22865_none_4f342adf2a42821e.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-ie-antiphishfilter_31bf3856ad364e35_11.2.9600.17420_none_81cb4607c86e7cc8.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-i..nternetcontrolpanel_31bf3856ad364e35_11.2.9600.17358_none_719e8bce66dbef58.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_a3d40405017a624fa7f2ebc6fbe1252d_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18606_none_683365db3369a896.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-t..tivexcore.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18540_en-us_75a49348e4dc74a9.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-t..teconnectionmanager_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18540_none_eca0bf836affa9bb.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-i..trolpanel.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_11.2.9600.17420_en-us_a8c3d50844dc139d.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_3398533082732a4856cac2a4a4a7fee7_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22856_none_67da7c3fd9bfd73b.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-security-ntlm_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22807_none_db704cdb923d3126.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-t..cesclient.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22750_en-us_d31e01379dffa96a.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_aad78ff95985e0d88c83b48f115a0169_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18658_none_754f7f18ee051b3a.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-security-credssp_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22865_none_2232b15bd174e7d7.manifest
servicing\packages\Microsoft-Windows-IE-Hyphenation-Parent-Package-English~31bf3856ad364e35~~~11.2.9412.0.mum
servicing\packages\Microsoft-Windows-IE-Spelling-Parent-Package-English~31bf3856ad364e35~~~11.2.9412.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_110_for_KB3011780~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.5.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB3010788~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_3_for_KB3006226~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.4.mum
servicing\packages\Package_42_for_KB3008627~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_50_for_KB3011780~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.5.mum
servicing\packages\Package_79_for_KB3000988~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB3013126_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.mum
I'll post a fix protocol when I can get to it!

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/372616-windows-update-errors-80073712-a.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I've seen others on this forum with similar errors and the only fix seems to be to wait for someone to post some sort of Packs.zip file with the files needed to replace the corrupted ones.
I'm also having an issue where my "Turn Windows features on or off" list is empty, which after some investigation appears to be related to this corrupted Windows Update issue.
I've attached my CheckSUR.log in hopes that someone can give me a hand with this. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

A:Windows Update Errors 80073712 and 800B0100

Hello, dizlexik, and welcome to the Seven Forums!

Unfortunately, I do not have the time right now, because your log is reasonably complicated, however, I shall attend to it as a priority first thing tomorrow morning.

I thank you very much for your patience.

I shall be back before you know it!

Richard

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/162885-windows-update-errors-80073712-800b0100.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi all, I have been fighting this issue for about a week and a half now where Windows updates will not perform updates at all. I did some digging, found and tried a couple reported solutions including all the Microsoft recommended steps and tools but no dice, so here I am asking for further help.

Attached is the log from C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.persist.log as that seems to hold the key from what I could find, I just have no idea what I'm looking at.

Thanks!

CheckSUR.persist.log   18.8KB
  3 downloads

A:Windows update errors 800F0900 and 80073712

Have you updated and performed a complete Virus scan on your System?
You can run the eset online scanner for a second opinion.
Visit the following Link...http://www.eset.com/us/online-scanner/

If you have Anti-virus software installed, Temporarily disable it.
Click Run ESET Online Scanner and follow the prompts
Be sure to tick Enable detection of potentially unwanted programs.
Click Advanced Settings
Tick everything except Use custom proxy settings (unless you do use a proxy)
Click Start
Allow the software to download the latest signature database
The scan begins and may take a considerable amount of time.
When finished, You will be offered a report.

Have you updated and scanned your system for malware?
Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free Edition.
Double-click mbam-setup and follow the prompts to install the programme.
Launch the programme and select Update.
The update completes, now click on Settings and detection and protection, mark Scan for rootkits.
Click the Scan tab, ensure Threat Scan is checked and click Scan Now.
If threats are detected, click the Apply Actions button. You will now be prompted to reboot. Click Yes.

Now...
Refer to the following link...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821#manual fix
There is an automatic tool to try and a section titled How to fix errors that are found in the CheckSUR.log which offers manual solutions.

Also, you can try this Fixit to reset Windows Uodate Components
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058
There are 2 Fixit choices depending on your operating system.
Run the Fixit and choose Detect problems and Apply the fixes for me.

When all else fails do this...
Refer to the section Manually reset Windows Update components
There are 12 main steps some involve typing many commands.
You can shortcut this by using Copy/Paste.
Pay close attention and follow step 11.

Good Luck and Keep BC posted!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/548990/windows-update-errors-800f0900-and-80073712/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello,

after doing updates I got following errors:

Does anyone know how to solve it?

A:80073712 & 80070308 Windows Update Errors

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data

If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

Please also post the C:\Windows\windowsudpate.log file

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/372245-80073712-80070308-windows-update-errors.html
Relevancy 60.2%

HRESULT = 0x80073712 - ERROR_SXS_COMPONENT_STORE_CORRUPT

Ran CHKDSK /R, no issues found.
SFC /SCANNOW fails, "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation". Same thing when run in safe mode.
Ran the hotfix, no change.
CBS log attached.

Any assistance gratefully accepted!
)

A:Check for Updates fails 80073712

Hi GerryWolfe, welcome to the forums!

0x80073712 is a very nasty error and I'm not very hopeful this is fixable, but let's have a look.
If you navigate to C:\Windows\system32\config, you will see most of your registry hives. There will, or at least should, be a file in there called components, how big is it?
Tom

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/299478-check-updates-fails-80073712-a.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello, I think I tried everything including sfc (doesn't finish), dism (error 14098), MS autofixers, manual fiddling - nothing seems to help. At best after searching for updates it gets stuck on 4% while downloading updates (there are KB2962409, KB2967917, KB2975719, KB2990967, KB2993651 pending) or errors with 80073712.
How can I make you some logs so you can see what can be done?
Thanks.

A:Updates won't install with 80073712 error

Have you tried running SFC at boot? SFC /SCANNOW : Run in Command Prompt at Boot - Windows 7 Help Forums
Try resetting Windows Update completely: Windows Update - Reset - Windows 7 Help Forums (Option Three).

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/59949-updates-wont-install-80073712-error.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi

Noticed this month that I suddenly had a lot of important updates to install when I check Windows update. Under important updates I have the likes of:

KB3055999 - Update APN database entry for SaskTel (Canada) in Windows 8.1 and 8
KB3045634 - You cannot make a PPP connection after you reconnect a PLC device in Windows 8.1 or Windows 8

The article for both of these states: Provided as an Optional update for Windows 8.1 and Windows RT 8.1

Wondering why I have these and others listed as Important?

Thanks

Win 8.1

A:Optional updates listed under important updates

They are "only" important, so they are optional. "Critical" updates are not optional. MS-speak at its finest.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/67262-optional-updates-listed-under-important-updates.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,

I am getting unknown error code 80073712 for the last four windows updates and they will not install. One of them is IE10 which fails with error code 9C59. I tried install on clean boot, and ran chkdsk but no success. I am attaching screenshots and zip of log files as suggested for this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
sfc /scannow did not find any integrity violations.

Thanks.

--Sanjay

A:Windows Update Errors 80073712 and Code 9C59

Error 80073712 occurs when the Windows component store is corrupt. The component store holds the files and information that's used to install updates. The System Update Readiness Tool checks and repairs corrupt files and registry data. Read the "More information" section of the Description of the System Update Readiness Tool article on the Microsoft Support website for details.
Error codes this applies to: WindowsUpdate_80073712

Follow instructions to troubleshoot the problem Troubleshooting a failed installation of Internet Explorer 10

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/297904-windows-update-errors-80073712-code-9c59.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi guys,

I ran into Windows Update Errors Codes 80073712 and 9C57 when I try to run Windows Update on Windows 7 Professional SP1.

I've attached with this post a screenshot of the Windows Update error as well as the CBS logs.

I ran the latest System Update Readiness Tool (Feb 2014) before trying Windows Update again but it still gave me errors.

I also ran a SFC Scan using Admin privileges and attached a screenshot of it (which produced no errors although it finished in less than 10 seconds).

Please let me know how I can fix it and if you guys need anymore info to aid in your diagnostics please let me know.

I appreciate all the help!

A:Windows 7 Update Errors Codes 80073712 and 9C57

You have registry corruption.

CheckSUR shows..

Code:
Checking Packages
(f) CSI Unable to Query Store Version 0x00000002
the background CBS log shows this..

Code:
2014-02-27 00:12:33, Error CSI 0000004c (F) STATUS_SXS_COMPONENT_STORE_CORRUPT #94731# from CCSDirectTransaction::OperateEnding at index 0 of 32 (0x0000000000000020) operations, disposition 0[gle=0xd015001a]
2014-02-27 00:12:33, Error CSI 0000004d (F) HRESULT_FROM_WIN32(14098) #93784# from Windows::ServicingAPI::CCSITransaction::ICSITransaction2_AddComponents(Flags = 4, a = @0x2a26f70, mp = @0x2a27770, disp = 0)[gle=0x80073712]
2014-02-27 00:12:33, Info CBS Failed to add one or more component [HRESULT = 0x80073712 - ERROR_SXS_COMPONENT_STORE_CORRUPT]
2014-02-27 00:12:33, Error CBS Failed to complete component closure [HRESULT = 0x80073712 - ERROR_SXS_COMPONENT_STORE_CORRUPT]
The SFC log is only 6 components long - it should be 6000++ !

I need to have a look at your COMPONENTS registry hive

Please copy the C:\Windows\System32\config\COMPONENTS file (no extension) to your desktop and then compress it - upload the compressed file to your favoured fileshare site (preferably Dropbox or OneDrive) and post a link.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/323523-windows-7-update-errors-codes-80073712-9c57.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have problems with Windows Update specifically with threeupdates - a Security Update for Microsoft Visual Studio C SP KB - a Security Update for x64 Windows + (Win SP1 errors 7 80073712 Ultimate NL) 80246007 Update Windows for x systems KB and - a Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows x KB These generate error code and Previously I also had problems with - a Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows x KB and - a Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows x KB These only generated error code I have downloaded and run the System Update Readiness Tool It seems that this has fixed the latter two errors but I'm not sure about it SFC SCANNOW returns with errors Windows Update errors 80073712 + 80246007 (Win 7 x64 Ultimate SP1 NL) but it also says these cannot be fixed My version of Internet Explorer is The rollback to IE through the procedure which is posted elsewhere on the Windows Se en Forums doesn't work I don't use Internet Explorer but Windows needs to be fully up-to-date to be able to upgrade to Windows I have tried to do that but it rolls back because of the lacking updates I have attached the appropriate files to this message The CBS folder with the log was too large to attach to this message so I have posted it in my public Dropbox folder https dl dropboxusercontent com u CBS zip Thank you in advance for your time

A:Windows Update errors 80073712 + 80246007 (Win 7 x64 Ultimate SP1 NL)

The SFC scan errors can be ignored - they are the result of installing KB3068708

There are no CheckSUR result in the data? - please run a CheckSUR scan and post the logs...
Please download and save the CheckSUR tool from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821
(you'll need to look in the details for Windows 7, downloading from the Microsoft Download Center)

Run it - The tool can take anywhere from 5 mins to a couple of hours to run (or 'Install') depending on how much it has to do, and may exit silently - it may appear to freeze for most of that time, but be patient.
The result is logged in the C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log file - and an archive …\checksur.persist.log file

Then zip the CheckSUR.log and upload it to your reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/377247-windows-update-errors-80073712-80246007-win-7-x64-ultimate-sp1-nl.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello,

I'm constantly trying to update my Windows 8 but I'm unable to do so, because everytime I try to update it, it fails to install because of an errors. To be specific, its two updates with different errors 8007371B and 80073712.
Those two updates are the only one showing up. Their id is KB2856373 (Update for W8 on x64 CPU's) and KB2781197 (Security update for W8 on x64 CPU's).
I have already tried sfc, chkdisk, Windows update diagnostics from Microsoft website, reseting the services, Windows build-in tool to fix Windows update errors and nothing helped.

Can anybody please help me out? I have no idea what to do.

A:Cannot install updates, error 8007371B and 80073712

Press + X > select Command Prompt (Admin) > Type Dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth > press enter.

If the command reports store corruption next run > Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

After the tool has completed try running Windows Update again.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/39218-cannot-install-updates-error-8007371b-80073712-a.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Original title Updates Failed B D Win Pro x Edit SEE the SECOND post reply now - most of the issues in this first one are resolved Hey folks - this is a pretty-darned-close to factory Windows X SP Pro system Acer TravelMate P -MG- The good news is I imaged the drive when I first got the system so if I have to I can restore to factory A number of Windows Updates have installed correctly but I've gotten stuck on several KB KB KB Prior steps sfc scannow - no errors Ran the system 80073712, (Win x64) Failed, Pro Updates 7 8024200D 800B0100, 4 update readiness check tool - found errors fixed some not others Windows Update error x D and a timestamp Cryptographic service components are not registered Deleted the software distribution folder A few other things MS fixits for update issues etc 4 Updates Failed, 800B0100, 80073712, 8024200D (Win 7 Pro x64) Normally this is the point where I'd reinstall but 4 Updates Failed, 800B0100, 80073712, 8024200D (Win 7 Pro x64) given it's a laptop with some technologies i'm not very familiar with Switchable radeon intel graphics and some installed tools I can't get an installer for so I'm trying to fix it Here's the output from a tool called SFCFix that was recommended to me for diagnostic purposes Code Code SFCFix version by niemiro Start time - - Not using a script file -- snip whitespace-- AutoAnalysis WARNING Manifest damage on component quot x microsoft-windows-ncrypt-dll bf ad e none ba a d quot See CBS logfile for more details --snip whitespace-- SUMMARY Some corruptions could not be fixed automatically Seek advice from helper or sysnative com CBS amp SFC total detected corruption count CBS amp SFC total unimportant corruption count CBS amp SFC total fixed corruption count SURT total detected corruption count SURT total 4 Updates Failed, 800B0100, 80073712, 8024200D (Win 7 Pro x64) unimportant corruption count SURT total fixed corruption count AutoAnalysis directive completed successfully -- snip whitespace -- Successfully processed all directives SFCFix version by niemiro has completed Currently storing datablocks Finish time - - ----------------------EOF----------------------- OLD IGNORECBS File MB Dropbox Link https www dropbox com s rufij mp r and- zip dl Snippet from the CheckSUR log Code Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs f CBS MUM Corrupt x servicing Packages PA A B MUM Expected file name Package for KB bf ad e amd mum does not match the actual file name f CBS Catalog Missing x servicing Packages PA A B cat f CBS MUM Corrupt x servicing Packages PA MUM Expected file name Package for KB bf ad e amd mum does not match the actual file name f CBS Catalog Missing x servicing Packages PA cat f CBS MUM Corrupt x servicing Packages PA D MUM Expected file name Package for KB bf ad e amd mum does not match the actual file name f CBS Catalog Missing x servicing Packages PA D cat f CBS MUM Corrupt x servicing Packages PA MUM Expected file name Package for KB bf ad e amd mum does not match the actual file name f CBS Catalog Missing x servicing Packages PA cat f CBS MUM Corrupt x servicing Packages PA EF MUM Expected file name Package for KB bf ad e amd mum does not match the actual file name f CBS Catalog Missing x servicing Packages PA EF cat f CBS MUM Corrupt x F servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum Line f CBS Catalog Corrupt x B servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat f CBS MUM Corrupt x F servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum Line f CBS Catalog Corrupt x B servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat f CBS MUM Corrupt x F servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum Line f CBS Catalog Corrupt x B servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat f CBS MUM Corrupt x F servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum Line f CBS Catalog Corrupt x B servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat f CBS MUM Corrupt x F servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum Line f CBS Catalog Corrupt x B servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e amd c... Read more

A:4 Updates Failed, 800B0100, 80073712, 8024200D (Win 7 Pro x64)

OK - I made some progress! I used the update readyness tool again, with the .MSU files from the Microsoft Updates Catalog in the c:\Windows\CheckSUR\packages folder, and got through *some* updates.

Now, however, what I have seems *weird.*

It seems that there are a number of 8.3 (short files names rather than the modern Long File Names) .MUM and .CAT files in c:\Windows\servicing\packages. They're all, in fact, referenced below.

I have NO idea why those are there - but I'm certainly wary of removing them without anyone telling me that's what I should do.

Current CBS log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/enoxlwgbz6...and-2.zip?dl=0

Quote:
=================================
Checking System Update Readiness.
Binary Version 6.1.7601.22471
Package Version 25.0
2014-09-28 23:38

Checking Windows Servicing Packages

Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs
(f) CBS MUM Corrupt 0x00000000 servicing\Packages\PA1A4B~1.MUM Expected file name Package_53_for_KB2791765~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum does not match the actual file name
(f) CBS Catalog Missing 0x00000002 servicing\Packages\PA1A4B~1.cat
(f) CBS MUM Corrupt 0x00000000 servicing\Packages\PA2771~1.MUM Expected file name Package_56_for_KB2868725~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.mum does not match the actual file name
(f) CBS Catalog Missing 0x00000002 servicing\Packages\PA2771~1.cat
(f) CBS MUM Corrupt 0x00000000 servicing\Packages\PA543D~1.MUM Expected file name Package_54_for_KB2492386~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum does not match the actual file name
(f) CBS Catalog Missing 0x00000002 servicing\Packages\PA543D~1.cat
(f) CBS MUM Corrupt 0x00000000 servicing\Packages\PA6730~1.MUM Expected file name Package_110_for_KB2570791~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.mum does not match the actual file name
(f) CBS Catalog Missing 0x00000002 servicing\Packages\PA6730~1.cat
(f) CBS MUM Corrupt 0x00000000 servicing\Packages\PA89EF~1.MUM Expected file name Package_53_for_KB2762895~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum does not match the actual file name
(f) CBS Catalog Missing 0x00000002 servicing\Packages\PA89EF~1.cat

Checking Package Watchlist

Checking Component Watchlist

Checking Packages

Checking Component Store

Summary:
Seconds executed: 267
Found 10 errors
CBS MUM Corrupt Total count: 5
CBS Catalog Missing Total count: 5

servicing\packages\PA1A4B~1.mum
servicing\packages\PA1A4B~1.mum
servicing\packages\PA2771~1.mum
servicing\packages\PA2771~1.mum
servicing\packages\PA543D~1.mum
servicing\packages\PA543D~1.mum
servicing\packages\PA6730~1.mum
servicing\packages\PA6730~1.mum
servicing\packages\PA89EF~1.mum
servicing\packages\PA89EF~1.mum
servicing\packages\PA1A4B~1.cat
servicing\packages\PA1A4B~1.cat
servicing\packages\PA2771~1.cat
servicing\packages\PA2771~1.cat
servicing\packages\PA543D~1.cat
servicing\packages\PA543D~1.cat
servicing\packages\PA6730~1.cat
servicing\packages\PA6730~1.cat
servicing\packages\PA89EF~1.cat
servicing\packages\PA89EF~1.cat

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/347091-4-updates-failed-800b0100-80073712-8024200d-win-7-pro-x64.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,
I'm new here and I have been doing lots of reading.
I have windows 7 pro with SP1.
I'm having a problem with three updates.
KB2633171
KB2676562
KB2679255
I have installed them numerous times.I check the update history and it says they were successful. (If that's the case why are you wanting to install again? )
Now when I try to "check for updates" I get the error 80073712.
I have tried Microsoft fixit numerous times. I have tried the hotfix KB947821(also numerous times) to no avail. I'm running out of ideas. Any thoughts?
TIA

A:Error 80073712 & Numerous repeats of updates

HOW TO USE MICROSOFT'S OFFLINE MALWARE REMOVER
Windows Defender Offline
? performs an offline scan of an infected PC to remove viruses, rootkits and other advanced malware.
? is a free standalone, bootable malware and virus remover from Microsoft.

Download Windows Defender Offline (about 785 kB)
You will have the choice of downloading the 32bit version (x86) or the 64 bit version (x64).
The link will help you determine whether you are running a 32 bit version or 64 bit version of Windows

NOTE!! You can download and prepare a 32 bit version using a 64 bit version of Windows
NOTE!! You can download and prepare a 64 bit version using a 32bit version of Windows.

You run the 32 bit version on a 32 bit version of Windows.
You run the 64 bit version on a 64 bit version of Windows.

The 32 bit download file name is: mssstool32.exe
The 64 bit download file name is: mssstool64.exe

For the curious, this program was originally name Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper.

INSTALLATION:
? Requires an Internet Connection.
? Insert 512 mB or larger USB stick into a usb port.
? Run the downloaded program--mssstool64.exe or mssstool32.exe
? NEXT button
? Choose the option On a USB flash drive that is not password protected
? NEXT button
? NEXT button
The install program will:
? format the usb stick using the NTFS format.
? download less than 230 mB.
? name the USB stick WDO_Media32 or WDO_Media64
? use less than 300 mB.

How to UPDATE the Windows Defender Offline USB stick:
? reinsert the usb stick
? run the installation program, mssstool64.exe or mssstool32.exe, again.
? the update will download less than 65 mB.

Since the malware database is sometimes updated several times in a day, always update before running.

PERFORM AN OFFLINE SCAN
Bootup your computer from the USB stick
Windows Defender Offline will automatically perform a quick scan.
After the quick scan finishes, Choose Full Scan
Select all of your drives

The initial, full scan can easily take several hours, but
Remember, your computer is being very thoroughly checked for all types of malware.
=========================================================
=========================================================

A cause of your problem is malware which is the reason for the above.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/244284-error-80073712-numerous-repeats-updates.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Updates are failing with 80073712. I had aload of corrupt manidests I have managed to repair or find all but two of the manifests I need. They appear to be for C++ but I have failed to find the version that has these manifests. Tried everything I can think of, if you have these I would be eternally grateful for a copy of them. I have attached the CBS.zip. The files I need are:

winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft.vc90.openmp_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.21022.8_none_ecdf8c290e547f39.manife st
winsxs\manifests\x86_policy.9.0.microsoft.vc90.mfc_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.1_none_7dd1e0ebd6590e0 b.manifest

A:Updates failing 80073712 due to corrupt manifests

Quote: Originally Posted by adrcot

Updates are failing with 80073712. I had aload of corrupt manidests I have managed to repair or find all but two of the manifests I need. They appear to be for C++ but I have failed to find the version that has these manifests. Tried everything I can think of, if you have these I would be eternally grateful for a copy of them. I have attached the CBS.zip. The files I need are:

winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft.vc90.openmp_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.21022.8_none_ecdf8c290e547f39.manife st
winsxs\manifests\x86_policy.9.0.microsoft.vc90.mfc_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.1_none_7dd1e0ebd6590e0 b.manifest

You have a variety of problems of which the two manifest errors are relatively minor.
1) a number of files show as corrupt in the SFC log
2) there are a number of fatal errors in the background CBS data
3) the other error in CheckSUR - (w) Unable to get system disk properties 0x0000045D IOCTL_STORAGE_QUERY_PROPERTY Disk Cache

I suspect that your best option is to back up data to external media and attempt a repair install - but you may well have to do a clean install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/313067-updates-failing-80073712-due-corrupt-manifests.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I assume the issue is:

Quote:
Checking Component Store
(f) CSI Manifest Failed Catalog Check 0x00000000 winsxs\Manifests\msil_windowsbase_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.20658_none_97a251cfa9f9bf71.manifest msil_windowsbase_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.20658_none_97a251cfa9f9bf71

Summary:
Seconds executed: 471
Found 1 errors
CSI Manifest Failed Catalog Check Total count: 1

winsxs\manifests\msil_windowsbase_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.20658_none_97a251cfa9f9bf71.manifest

Although I dont have the first clue what to do!

Please help me

A:Error installing SP1 80073712

Our expert will need this tutorial completed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/377538-error-installing-sp1-80073712-a.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have been installing when 80073712 Error SP1 trying to install SP since Apr I keep getting the error I have been able to install all of the other updates I have downloaded and run system readiness tool I have run troubleshooting fix problems with windows update I have run sfc scannow I have run MS Fixit as well I seem to have a corrupt manifest file My laptop came windows loaded so I only have recovery disks and a recovery partition I don't want to Error 80073712 when installing SP1 have to do a complete recovery and have to install all my software again Here is the message in the checksur file Can anyone help Checking System Update Readiness Binary Version Package Version - - Checking Windows Servicing Packages Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Checking Packages Checking Component Store f CSI Manifest Failed Catalog Error 80073712 when installing SP1 Check x winsxs Manifests wow microsoft-windows-ie-htmlrendering bf ad e none e db manifest wow microsoft-windows-ie-htmlrendering bf ad e none e db Summary Seconds Error 80073712 when installing SP1 executed Found errors CSI Manifest Failed Catalog Check Total count Unavailable repair files winsxs manifests wow microsoft-windows-ie-htmlrendering bf ad e none e db manifest

A:Error 80073712 when installing SP1

You need to find another PC running the same version of Windows and copy a file from it...
Take a copy of the file
%windir%\winsxs\Manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-ie-htmlrendering_31bf3856ad364e35_8.0.7600.16444_none_94713718e71db047.manifest
copy it to %Windir%\Temp\CheckSUR\winsxs\manifests\ on the problem PC
Rerun the system update readiness tool
That should fix it
A full guide is at Fix Windows Update or Service Pack error 80073712 - DIY Media Home

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/188785-error-80073712-when-installing-sp1.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi, I am trying to update windows and have multiple updates fail with different error codes. My CBS file is too large to upload so here is a link from my dropbox and I included a txt file with which update is getting which error code. https://www.dropbox.com/s/4kjofgbp5dtyf0s/CBS.zip
Thanks, any help is appreciated.

A:Muliple Windows update errors 9C57, 800B0100, 80073712

Your CheckSUR shows a number of problems...

Code:
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-minkernelapinamespace_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22616_none_69637bfcab8b6996.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-minkernelapinamespace_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22616_none_0d44e078f32df860.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-kernel32_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18409_none_f1f3a3606cde922b.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-wow64_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18409_none_c65b8628ede23b46.manifest
winsxs\manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-winsrv_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22616_none_1f84ccfb00716e00.manifest
winsxs\manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-kernelbase_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22616_none_9008aeac18b048ef.manifest
winsxs\manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-wow64_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22616_none_d12bfe623b6b6a1e.manifest
winsxs\manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-kernel32_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22616_none_fcc41b99ba67c103.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-wow64_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22616_none_c6d75410070aa823.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-consolehost_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22616_none_d30d535731d53c0d.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-kernel32_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22616_none_f26f71478606ff08.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-winsrv_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22616_none_153022a8cc10ac05.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-kernelbase_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22616_none_85b40459e44f86f4.manifest
winsxs\manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-wow64_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18409_none_d0b0307b2242fd41.manifest
winsxs\manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-kernel32_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18409_none_fc484db2a13f5426.manifest
servicing\packages\Package_2_for_KB2922229~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_2_for_KB2922229~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_3_for_KB2922229~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_3_for_KB2922229~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_4_for_KB2922229~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_4_for_KB2922229~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2922229_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_2_for_KB2922229~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.cat
servicing\packages\Package_2_for_KB2922229~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.cat
servicing\packages\Package_3_for_KB2922229~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.cat
servicing\packages\Package_3_for_KB2922229~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.cat
servicing\packages\Package_4_for_KB2922229~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.cat
servicing\packages\Package_4_for_KB2922229~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2922229_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.cat
The SFC scan seems to be OK
There are a lot of errors in the background CBS log - it's difficult to tell whether any are caused by problems other than the ones showing in the CheckSUR scan - so well fix those first and see how we go.

I'll post a fix protocol later.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/336484-muliple-windows-update-errors-9c57-800b0100-80073712-a.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello!

I've been having some trouble with windows updates recently. I'm failing several updates and getting errors. SFC /scannow doesn't seem to be able to fix anything. It claims it has fixed the max number of files and to rerun scannow, but I have done it about 15-20 times and still it is ongoing and with no visible improvements.

Additionally dxdiag will not run at all. Not sure if that is related...

Here is the screenshot from Windows Update:

I would include my cbs log file but it is 224 Mb in size after zipping it down. 2.7Gb before zipping....

I have run SURT and fixit to no avail.
I hope you can help.

A:Windows Update Errors 80073712 800F0900 80070002 - Giant cbs log

PLease post the CheckSUR.log file - we can at least try and fix the errors it should have found. (C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\Checksur.log)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/372385-windows-update-errors-80073712-800f0900-80070002-giant-cbs-log.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

I ran the SFC /SCANNOW command, and says that there were corrupt files and couldn't repair them.

I also ran the System Update Readiness Tool before doing this step.

I've attached the CBS .rar file. Thanks for your help!

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...5890C50C%21106

I can't add attachments so I put it on One Drive.

A:Trouble downloading the new Windows Updates, code 80073712

Here's the summary from your CheckSUR.log...

Code:
Seconds executed: 4134
Found 458 errors
CSI Manifest Missing Total count: 349
CSI Payload File Missing Total count: 26
CBS MUM Missing Total count: 82
CBS Catalog Missing Total count: 1
There is considerable corruption there - and I suspect that even if we were to fix it, there would still be more corruption elsewhere.

I think your best option is a repair install of Windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/361070-trouble-downloading-new-windows-updates-code-80073712-a.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi I've never been able to install any Windows Code Windows to Updates 80073712 8 install any Unable - Updates on my bit Samsung Laptop Error message Error s found Code Windows Update ran into a problem - My computer is set to Install Updates automatically - No records in View Update History - Ran Windows Update Trouble Shooting a number of times and it shows Potential Windows Update Database error detected x FixedWindow Update Components must be repaired Fixed But I'm still unable to download any updates Tried the following with no success and get the same error message when running Windows Updates -Tried going into quot C Windows Unable to install any Windows 8 Updates - Code 80073712 SoftwareDistribution quot and deleted everything in DataStore folder except for log folder -Renaming SoftwareDistribution to SoftwareDistribution bak -Disabling my antivirus then running the Window Update -Running Windows Update in Safe Mode -Running Windows Update in CleanBoot -Running Tools gt gt Error Checking Tried running the following DISM command in cmd as administrator - It states that The Component Store has been corrupted When I ran Dism Online Cleanup-Image RestoreHealth Got Error The component store has been corrupted Would greatly appreciate if anyone can help me Thanks

A:Unable to install any Windows 8 Updates - Code 80073712

Check the help file -- Dism /? or Dism /online /?

Check this thread Issue with Dism/Online/Cleanup-Image/RestoreHealth

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/54140-unable-install-any-windows-8-updates-code-80073712-a.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have been unable to get windows updates to work properly for several years now, have failed to find any solution online to fix it thus far, and have wasted many many hours of my life on this

Currently I am getting error codes 80073712 and 643

I have attached a screenshot of the error message and the zip file of the logs

Many thanks in advance for any assistance, I would love for this to finally be resolved

Joe

A:Windows updates not working error codes 80073712 and 643

You appear to have some fairly major registry corruption.

Please copy the C:\Windows\System32\config\COMPONENTS file (no extension) to your desktop and then compress it - upload the compressed file to your favoured fileshare site (preferably Dropbox or OneDrive) and post a link.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/377630-windows-updates-not-working-error-codes-80073712-643-a.html
Relevancy 58.91%

G'day guys As the title says I've been windows trying to Error Code install while 80073712 updates getting an error while trying to install some updates Updates and errors Important Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Published Optional Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Published Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Published Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Published Logs Attached as well as the C Windows windowsudpate log file Additional info These files have been turning up in my external hard drive while I try to do the updates At Error Code 80073712 while trying to install windows updates first I didn't know what they were but after some searching it turned out that they were just where the downloaded updates were stored May or may not be relevant Tried Error Code 80073712 while trying to install windows updates doing an update with the hard drive unplugged through the System and Security Windows Update interface and it still failed I also tried to download and install the KB important update manually from the microsoft website but when I tried to install it it said something along the lines of quot Update not applicable to your computer quot

A:Error Code 80073712 while trying to install windows updates

CheckSUR shows this...

Code:
Summary:
Seconds executed: 1497
Found 6 errors
CSI Manifest Missing Total count: 3
CSI Payload File Missing Total count: 2
CBS MUM Missing Total count: 1
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-security-schannel_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18779_none_80005f6b6c0e9b4a.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-security-ntlm_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18779_none_da9d0130795687a1.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-security-ntlm_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22983_none_db15ce399281a879.manifest
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB3003743~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB3003743~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.cat
First priority is the listed files - we'll worry about the others later.

I'll post a fix protocol when I can clear the backlog. !

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/374347-error-code-80073712-while-trying-install-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello I am running Windows Home Premium Service Pack -bit 80073712. to updates Error download & Code Failure Operating System My issue is that last night I received important updates though Windows Update to install Windows Update is set to download updates but let me choose when to install them When I installed them only were installed Two of them Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB and Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB will not install I have repeatedly tried to dl and install Failure to download updates & Error Code 80073712. them through Windows Update and both of them fail with Error code When this batch of updates showed up last night I downloaded all of them and Windows Update only showed it was downloading of them These last two KB amp KB will not download However they sit in Windows Update as important updates are available Windows does not keep Failure to download updates & Error Code 80073712. trying on its own to download them though neither at shut down nor does it remind me that I have these updates available to download They just sit in Windows Update as important updates are available I have tried to figure this out for a few hours but I am not the most computer savvy person Help would be greatly appreciated

A:Failure to download updates & Error Code 80073712.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Download and run the Windows Update Readiness Tool.

Let us know how it goes.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/593361/failure-to-download-updates-error-code-80073712/
Relevancy 58.91%

Thread started here (and the BSOD's should now be resolved: Unknown BSOD on Mother-in-laws system

I had 2 problems in that thread, the second led me through a Google search back to this forum in another thread here: Windows Check for updates keeps running-all installation/updates fail

After completing the steps in post 83, the issue is now worse. Instead of getting to 18% of a elevated scannow, it goes straight to "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation."

I have tried "Microsoft's System Update Readiness Tool" as advised here: Fix Windows Update and other problems with Microsoft's System Update Readiness Tool | Wilders Security Forums

I have the CBS log attached.

I have tried the solution here, however the key exists: Windows Modules Installer Error:126 - Microsoft Community

I have run Tweaking.com - Windows Repair to reset permissions, this hasn't helped.

Suggestions please.

Cheers

A:Updates Fail: Error Code 80070570 and 80073712

I rather seems as if you've been trying fixes at random - which is never a good idea.
You appear to have major problems with your registry:

Code:
2015-04-21 04:00:28, Info CBS Starting TrustedInstaller initialization.
2015-04-21 04:00:28, Info CBS Failed to get full path for string: [HRESULT = 0x8007007b - ERROR_INVALID_NAME]
2015-04-21 04:00:28, Info CBS Failed to expand path from onine store: C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-servicingstack_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17592_none_672ce6c3de2cb17f\ [HRESULT = 0x8007007b - ERROR_INVALID_NAME]
2015-04-21 04:00:28, Info CBS Failed to find servicing stack directory in online store. [HRESULT = 0x8007007b - ERROR_INVALID_NAME]

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/367708-updates-fail-error-code-80070570-80073712-a.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi,

This is about a friend's computer.
It's a fresh install, just yesterday.
I have only installed mobo drivers from the manufacturer's website and then Windows updates. I couldn't install a few so I did it manually. But this one won't go thru

I tried SFC, the fixer from Microsoft and the system update readiness tool.
Also deleted the SoftwareDistribution folder manually and still won't install.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Here are the specs, it's a really basic PC for office and home use.

Win7 x64 Home Premium
Mobo: Asrock N68-VS3 FX
AMD Semprom 145
2gb RAM Kingston

A:Error 80073712 when installing KB2799926

Hi Ron, welcome to the forums

Can you post the requested information please?
Tom

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/290861-error-80073712-when-installing-kb2799926.html
Relevancy 58.05%

This is my first time here so I hope I'm doing this right Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code N A hr xc f Windows Product Key - -QCPVQ-KHRB -RMV Windows Product Key Hash updates updater downloads but 80073712 win to fails 7 install error Rj N NLM JqoBO OzgzTZXgbY Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM SLP Windows OS version ID FA D C-D D - C-BFAF- F C D AD Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Premium Architecture x Build lab win win 7 updater downloads but fails to install updates error 80073712 sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x win 7 updater downloads but fails to install updates error 80073712 Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed win 7 updater downloads but fails to install updates error 80073712 By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Allowed Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt FA D C-D D - C-BFAF- F C D AD lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -RMV lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Dell Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt Inspiron N lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt Dell Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt A lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt AD FE lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Eastern Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt DELL lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt WN lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Software licensing service version Name Windows R HomePremium edition Description Windows Operating System - Windows R OEM SLP channel Activation ID d c e -c dd- -b f -f f d d Application ID c -d - d - e-d ec f f Extended PID - - - - - - - Installation ID Processor Certificate URL SpcService Web Service Machine Certificate URL RacService Web Service Use License URL UseLicenseService Web Service Product Key Certificate URL PkcService Web Service Partial Product Key RMV License Status Licensed Remaining Windows rearm count Trusted time AM Windows Activation Technologies-- gt HrOffline x HrOnline N A HealthStatus x Event Time Stamp N A ActiveX Registered Version Admin Service Registered Version HealthStatus Bitmask Output HWID Data-- gt HWID Hash Current NAAAAAEAAgABAAEAAAABAAAABQABAAEAonYKRXChBoYorTxUdHS xMjg lFAL EP MYucw OEM Activation Data-- gt N A OEM Activation Data-- gt BIO... Read more

A:win 7 updater downloads but fails to install updates error 80073712

There's nothing amiss in the MGADiag report...

If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

Please also post the C:\Windows\windowsudpate.log file

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/364607-win-7-updater-downloads-but-fails-install-updates-error-80073712-a.html
Relevancy 58.05%

System: Windows 7 Home Premium, 32-bit.
I've just posted this question in another thread but in less detail and it's becoming a huge problem. I have not been able to install updates automatically or manually for two weeks now. Whenever I use the autopatcher, it claims to create a system restore
point, downloads updates, then fails instantly when it begins the install, and gives the error codes:
800B0100, 80073712, and 8024200D "Windows has encountered an unknown error"
It also tries to autoinstall these updates whenever I turn off the computer, and because they're failing every time, I have to run startup repair every time I turn my computer on.
HELP!

A:Windows 7 updates error codes 800B0100, 80073712, and 8024200D

Hello,

Some third party programs can affect the Windows Update service. If you are running any third party applications such as Spyblocker, Internet or web accelerators
(programs designed to boost the speed of the Internet connection), security or anti-virus programs (Norton, McAfee, etc.), I recommend you temporarily disable or uninstall them and then try accessing Windows Update later.

If the problem still happens, try the following steps:

Rename the Windows Update Softwaredistribution folder
================================================
1. Close all the open windows.

2. Click "Start", click "All programs", and click "Accessories".

3. Right-click "Command Prompt", and click "Run as administrator".
4. In the "Administrator: Command Prompt" window, type in "net stop WuAuServ" (without the quotes) and press Enter.

Note: Please look at the cmd window and make sure it says that it was successfully stopped before we try to rename the folder. However, if it fails, please let me
know before performing any further steps and include any error messages you may have received when it failed.

5. Click "Start", in the "Start Search" box, type in "%windir%" (without the quotes) and press Enter.
6. In the opened folder, look for the folder named "SoftwareDistribution".
7. Right-click on the folder, select "Rename" and type "SDold" (without the quotes) to rename this folder.
8. Still in "Administrator: Command Prompt" window, type the command "net start WuAuServ" (without the quotes) in the opened window to restart the Windows Updates
service.

If you still cannot install updates, running system file checker and check if the problem is caused by the corrupted system files:

System File Checker
================
Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. 

Type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc 
/scannow

The sfc 
/scannow command scans all system files and will recover the corrupted ones. 

3. Please restart the computer and recheck the original issue.

In-place Upgrade
=============

1. Insert the Windows 7 DVD in the computer's DVD drive.

2. Click Start and choose Computer.
3. Please find the "setup.exe" file in the DVD-ROM and double click it.
4. Click Install now.

5. When we are prompted to input the product key, please click Next without inputting any key. The setup wizard will prompt and ask if you agree to install Windows
7 without the key. Please choose to confirm.
6. When you reach the "Which type of installation do you want" screen, click Upgrade to upgrade the system files of Windows 7

Note: While performing the In-place Upgrade, the system will restart automatically (several times) to merge the files and programs. Please leave the computer alone
and do not configure it until In-place Upgrade is completed. The system will start Windows 7 once it is upgraded.

Thanks,
Novak

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7a199123-aad0-4143-95a0-51cd2ae6fbd0/windows-7-updates-error-codes-800b0100-80073712-and-8024200d?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 58.05%

I have been having problems installing the following Windows 7 (64 bit) updates in the past month:

Update KB3061518 - 5/12/15
Update KB3063858 - 6/9/15

Windows 7 Update error returns 80073712.

I have run sfc /scannow and the scan does not detect corrupt files. See attached scan file, which contains results before and after the attempted update.

I would appreciate some guidance on further troubleshooting.

Thanks.

A:Windows 7 Update error 80073712 on Updates KB3061518, KB3063858

Pleasefollow the WindowsUpdate Posting Instructions and postthe requested data

If thefile is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files untilthe final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately afterzipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for anumber of reasons)

Pleasealso post the C:\Windows\windowsudpate.log file

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/373751-windows-7-update-error-80073712-updates-kb3061518-kb3063858.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi All since a few days my PC won't install windows updates KB KB KB KB I investigated a bit on my side and the error 4 updates install Unable windows to 80073712 code last sucessful update was in june Unable to install 4 windows updates error code 80073712 this year i have the error code x since the in the events journal When I found out about the issue yesterday i tried WindowsUpdateDiagnostic diagcab which fixes issues but then windows update still raises the same error code after reading thread from Chuckylena i also tried the command Unable to install 4 windows updates error code 80073712 quot DISM exe Online Cleanup-image RestoreHealth quot but the error below is raised my system is in french Code C Windows system gt Dism Online Cleanup-Image RestoreHealth Outil Gestion et maintenance des images de d ploiement Version Version de l'image Erreur Le magasin de composants a t endommag Le fichier journal DISM se trouve l'emplacement C Windows Logs DISM dism log I'm attaching the dism log https www dropbox com s nnmjn aa tevl dism log dl If someone could kindly have a look I'd appreciate it

A:Unable to install 4 windows updates error code 80073712

Did you run this first

Use the System File Checker tool to repair damaged Windows files. To do this, follow these steps:
Open an elevated command prompt.Run the "sfc /scannow" command.Try to install update again.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/54615-unable-install-4-windows-updates-error-code-80073712-a.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi,

I've got a Dell netbook with a problem. It's running Win7 Starter. When I go to check for updates, it first wants to install the latest Windows updater, but that fails with error code 80004005. If I try again I get error 800700B7.

After trying system restore and running SFC, which found a trivial (I believe) tcpmon.ini error, I finally opted to restore the system to factory condition. Surprise, the exact same error persists.

I can do a lot of updating via local file stores, but I want this machine to be updateable on a continuing basis.

Also, I have a Win7 installation disk. When I tried a repair install, it tells me that the existing system is a later version and it refuses to install.

The only thing I have left is a fresh install from the disk. But I have no idea what is going on here.

A:Can't install "new Windows Update software" -errors 80004005, 800700B7

Please follow the instructions at Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data - then we may be able to see what we're dealing with.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/270639-cant-install-new-windows-update-software-errors-80004005-800700b7.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi,
Why do we get the option "Windows Updates. Important updates are available. Go to PC settings to install them" on the logon screen? Need to remove this option but without altering the update functionality. We are using SCCM for windows update.
Can you help how to remove it by GPO or any other option for large scale systems (5000+). At present the user cannot install the updates as it has been restricted. Attached the screen shot also.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f591fd1f-9b4b-484a-844f-cc26d2ec2161/reasons-for-quot-windows-updates-important-updates-are-available-go-to-pc-settings-to-install?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 57.19%

Please help me resolve error code 0x80070570 preventing updates for Windows SP1 service pack and Window .Net framework 4. How can I resolve issues?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7a85121a-64c6-4540-871f-ef2f3ce9dc39/unable-to-updates-important-updates?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 57.19%

I got notification 1/9 that 14 updates are available for Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit.
All installed but 1. Update KB2773072 generates error code 80073712. I have re-tired multiple times each after a system reboot. The update is RECOMMENDED not critical. I can probably go without it. It appears it is related to gaming applications. I don't game. Any suggestions about getting the update installed?

A:Error code 80073712 when installing update KB2773072

Hello and welcome sliverfox mate try this

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

This will show up any violations in the system.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/273131-error-code-80073712-when-installing-update-kb2773072.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello,

Auto Windows updates had stopped working. Found and ran the System Update Readiness Tool and it successfully made several updates but failed to update 3033929. Attempted second time with same result. Ran the sfc /scannow and produced the CBS.log file. I zipped it up but the compressed file is still 48MB so I didn't attach it. Realized reading other posts that I could use .rar also, so now have attached the CBS.rar

Thank you.

A:Update 3033929 not installing, error code 80073712

You have bitflips in the registry

I need to have alook at your COMPONENTS registry hive

Please copy theC:\Windows\System32\config\COMPONENTS file (no extension) to your desktop andthen compress it - upload the compressed file to your favoured fileshare site(preferably Dropbox or OneDrive) and post a link.
You may need to think about checking your hardware - specifically the RAM and the HD - for problems, as this sort of error is usually caused by failing RAM of HD controller.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/374270-update-3033929-not-installing-error-code-80073712-a.html
Relevancy 56.76%

At first sorry for my bad English I'm from Israel...

Always when i finished to download my download were appeared to errors...

Here:

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/6783/erro2ou2.png

http://img380.imageshack.us/my.php?image=errorgg7.png

please help i dont know what to do... i cant download anything!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/two-important-errors.568610/
Relevancy 55.9%

Greetings to all,

I had Win 8 Pro and Updated to Win 8.1.  In the past using Win XP, I always installed the Critical and some of the Important Updates.

I have not installed any of the Updates for Win 8.1 There are 110 Important Updates going back to February of 2015.  I have not experienced any problems.  In view of the fact that Win 10 will eventually be installed (in the spring) on my computer do I really need to install the Win 8.1 Updates?  If the answer is Yes, then what will happen to these Updates that will be using disk space once I install Win10?

Thanks in advance.

A:Are important Updates for 8.1 necessary considering Win 10?

Hi SillyBilly If you upgrade via the Media Creation Tool, you don't need any updates at all on your system to upgrade. It might even be easier that way. This being said, Important Updates are security related updates used to patch vulnerabilities, exploits and security holes in the Windows OS. They are critical to install if you want to run a safe and secure OS, so I strongly suggest you to install them as soon as possible.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/587106/are-important-updates-for-81-necessary-considering-win-10/
Relevancy 55.9%

I just installed

KB2933809

&

KB2957390

They fixed my Lock screen pictures issues & my Start screen pictures issues & enabled some old programs to function again.

Just thought I would pass the information along.

Check Windows Update & see if they are available to you.
They may not be available for all systems.

EDIT-- They fixed my ability to add pictures from my computer to the Forum.

A:2 New important updates

I see KB2933809 in my update history, 4/8/2014. I'm pretty sure it came after update 1. I don't see KB2957390 listed though. Can't say as I had any of the problems you mentioned. If I did I didn't notice it. I auto log in and boot right to desktop.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/44212-2-new-important-updates.html
Relevancy 55.9%

http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/library/toolbar/3.0/sitemap/en-us.mspx

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/ap/20050106/ap_on_hi_te/microsoft_antivirus

Relevancy 55.9%

HI I hope someone can help,

I reset my daughters laptop back to factory settings (Dell Inspiron 3521 64 bit) due to numerous problems, all now seem to be resolved. Thanks for advice.

I thought i would update to Windows 8.1 (never installed on this machine before).
I tried downloading from the store but received message saying updates are required before download could proceed.
went to settings>pc changes>updates there was 147 updates there waiting.

A message said we will install these updates as part of schedule maintenance. I'm now down to 109 updates waiting.
my question is why cant the updates all be installed straight away (please excuse my ignorance) there must be a simple answer. I have set the updates to automatic.

Regards and thanks in advance

A:109 Important Updates

Because Windows 8.1 needs some windows updates to install.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/67524-109-important-updates.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Basically i dont care what it takes or what it cost i see a donate button and ill Mccitrayapp.exe Important! Errors Startup Very be using it very quickly if someone can help me because I am a Record Label Owner and music producer and in the midst Mccitrayapp.exe Startup Errors Very Important! of work today i rebooted because after days of heavily using music production sequencers and audio mastering utilities the pc begins to lag of Mccitrayapp.exe Startup Errors Very Important! course thats normal However when I rebooted Mccitrayapp.exe Startup Errors Very Important! this error came up McciTrayApp exe - No DiskThere is no disk in the drive Please insert a disk into drive Device Harddisk DR i believe this is bs im not computer illiterate i am running windows xp I do know that MCCI is usually associated with wireless net or things of that nature i am running bellsouth internet and I have read that trojans and other spyware sometimes camo themselves i believe i downloaded some sort of banner maker application earlier this morning a couple im not sure bottom line is when my main production sequencer Cubase SX opens and I open a project file it locks up This is vitally important that i get this fixed immediaetly and I am willing to take care of whoever helps me the fastest I dont mean to come in here and sound arrogant or offend anyone I'm sure you can understand my concerns with my work Here is my HTL thank you my computer just rebooted itself and came up with a quot microsoft has recoverd from a serious error quot message and sysconfig came up saying changes had been made here's a Screen shotLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC xampp apache bin apache exeC Program Files Common Files InterVideo DeviceService DevSvc exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC xampp filezillaftp filezillaserver exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files Maxtor Sync SyncServices exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exeC xampp mysql bin mysqld-nt exeC Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exeC xampp apache bin apache exeC Program Files BellSouthWCC McciTrayApp exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files SyncroSoft Pos H O cledx exeC Program Files DISC DiscUpdateMgr exeC Program Files DISC DISCover exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS system MAFWTray exeC WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exeC Program Files DISC DiscGui exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr ExeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files DISC DiscStreamHub exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www myspace com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blankR - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - c e -b - bc - - c ca - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dllO - BHO VMN Toolbar - e bd f- b d- e- da -fd bb aae - C PROGRA VMNTOO VMNTOO DLLO - Toolbar VMN Toolbar - E BD F- B D- E- DA -FD BB AAE - C PROGRA VMNTOO VMNTOO DLLO - HKLM Run BellSouthWCC McciTrayApp C Program Files BellSouthWCC McciTrayApp exeO - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - HKLM Run H O C Program Files SyncroSoft Pos H O cledx exeO - HKLM Run DiscUpdateManager C Program Files DISC DiscUpdateMgr exeO - HKLM Run DISCover C Program F... Read more

A:Mccitrayapp.exe Startup Errors Very Important!

HelloApologize for the delay in response we get overwhelmed at times but we are trying our best to keep up.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having would appreciate you letting us know If not please perform the following below so I can have a look at the current condition of your machine.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.Please download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) and save to your Desktop.alternate download siteDSS will do the following:Create a new System Restore point in Windows XP and Vista.Clean your Temporary Files, Downloaded Program Files, Internet Cache Files, and empty the Recycle Bin on all drives.Check some important areas of your system and produce a report for an analyst to review.Automatically run HijackThis. It will also install and place a shortcut to HijackThis on your desktop if you do not already have it installed. So if HijackThis is not installed and DSS prompts you to download it, please answer yes.You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges when using.Close all applications and windows.Double-click on dss.exe to run it and follow the prompts.If your anti-virus or firewall complains, please allow this script to run as it is not
malicious.When the scan is complete, two text files will open in Notepad:main.txt <- this one will be maximizedextra.txt <- this one will be minimizedIf not, they both can be found in the C:\Deckard\System Scanner folder.Please copy (Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of main.txt and extra.txt in your next reply.-- When running DSS, some firewalls may warn that it is trying to access the Internet especially if your asked to download the most current version of HijackThis. Please ensure that you allow it permission to do so.-- If you get a warning from your anti-virus while DSS is scanning, please allow DSS to continue as the scan is not harmful.NextPlease do a scan with Kaspersky Online ScannerNote: If you are using Windows Vista, open your browser by right-clicking on its icon and select 'Run as administrator' to perform this scan.Click on the Accept button and install any components it needs.The program will install and then begin downloading the latest definition files.After the files have been downloaded on the left side of the page in the Scan section select My ComputerThis will start the program and scan your system.The scan will take a while, so be patient and let it run.Once the scan is complete, click on View scan reportNow, click on the Save Report as button.Save the file to your desktop.Copy and paste that information in your next post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/155721/mccitrayappexe-startup-errors-very-important/
Relevancy 55.47%

Overnight my PC, Windows 7, did several updates. Many of them, status important, failed. What can I do to resolve this issue?
Shirley

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2297f264-0d3d-464d-8b2e-89e5e6da07e2/failure-of-important-updates?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 55.47%

I have my PC set to Notify me of Important Updates, but not download or install them.

On at least 2 different occasions over the past 2 months I seen maybe 17 -19 Important Updates shown when I open Updates, but chose not to install them at that moment because I was doing other things. When I went back a few days later they where all gone. This happened this week, as well as about a month ago. And, they were not automatically installed either.

What's going on with these disappearing Important Updates? Unfortunately I never checked to see if they were somehow redundant because I think they would disappear.

A:Important Updates Disappear?

Two days ago, I had 27 important updates which I had not installed.

Yesterday, my computer was up to date! Not a single update.

So I checked for updates for hours but had to stop since it was eating cpu and not come up with any results.

Try searching and post whether your search ended successfully without any updates, or was just stuck for hours.

Mine was stuck so I followed this procedure and found the old and newer July updates in minutes.
Set Windows to Never check for updates.

Make sure wuauserv is not running in the background eating your CPU . If it does, just stop the service.

Download and install KB3168965.

Restart and set Windows to Check for updates but let me choose what to install.

Click search for updates.

Let it search for 1-2 hours. Should come up with results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/398466-important-updates-disappear.html
Relevancy 55.47%

When I see the Windows Updates listing there's a tab for "important" and a tab for "recommended." Today I loaded all updates that were important. But when I looked in my update history, a few were described as recommended.

Also, today some places listed one update as "critical" - (the one about IE) and the rest as important.
But the word "critical" didn't appear at all. In other words these classifying things aren't consistent, have you noticed?

A:Updates - important/recommended etc.

Some updates are Critical in some circumstances, but not others - in real terms, any Security Update should be regarded as Critical - and others as Important or Optional
Since all IE Cumulative Updates contain Security elements, they are all critical - but because a given month's Cumulative update doesn't contain new Security Updates, it may be downgraded.

... but yes, the terminology does get confusing at times. One reason why it's good policy to install all updates unless you have good reason not to do so.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/344916-updates-important-recommended-etc.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Some updates like this IE8 security update that was released the 14th, we're not getting in Windows update. Why?

Shouldn't we at least get important or critical security updates even in the lastest builds? I could see why maybe not other less important updates but critical security ones?

And when I try to install it says it's not applicable to my system but updates like this one should clearly be applicable, no?

Download details: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 in Windows 7 Client Beta (KB963027)
Download details: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 in Windows 7 Client Beta for x64-based Systems (KB963027)

MS09-014: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer

A:Why aren't we getting some important Updates

It could be that the issues these fix are already fixed in later builds. 7000 is still the only 1 (according to M$) that the public have and IE8 on that was too buggy. As far as I can tell build 7057 upwards have the full IE8 and not just the beta that's packed with 7000.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/7255-why-arent-we-getting-some-important-updates.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I just updated Windows 8.1 a few days ago on a system that rarely gets used.

I turned it on again today and found that Windows Update now tells me that there are 215 important updates and 6 optional updates.

Has my system forgotten that it has ever been updated?

Also, will I have to take any action to get Windows 10? I had it installed and then had to restore to factory.

Thanks
Jim

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/74348-215-important-updates-what-happening-here.html
Relevancy 55.47%

OS - Windows Vista Hme Prem bit Srvce Pk Hello Below is a detailed list of important updates Desktop PC 6 03.12.2010 as of updates important will be one year next month I did not renew 6 important updates as of 03.12.2010 the Microsoft Office after trial period that came as a package w no future intention of acquiring it I'm using the free Open Office program - word processing mostly at this time Is there anything in the list below that is of importance I only have a basic PC with DVD player for movies etc No scanner printer or fax Not even external hard drive or usb flash drive Otherwise I understand that I can just choose to hide the updates so it will not keep reminding me Also I choose to keep my OS w Srvce pk and MS IE version for as long as I'll be able to I had too many probs with Srvce pk and MS IE version Your opinion if any is welcome Your assistance is greatly appreciated Thank you NBB PowerPoint Viewer Service Pack SP Download size MB Update type Important Service Pack provides the latest updates to PowerPoint Viewer 6 important updates as of 03.12.2010 More information http www microsoft com downloads details aspx FamilyId A E -C - D- DD- D A F A amp displaylang en Help and Support http support microsoft com LN en-us Security Update for PowerPoint Viewer KB Download size KB Update type Important A security vulnerability exists in Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer that could allow arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modified file is opened This update resolves that vulnerability More information http www microsoft com downloads details aspx FamilyId B - C - -A E -D F D D C 6 important updates as of 03.12.2010 amp displaylang en Help and Support http support microsoft com LN en-us Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack Service Pack SP Download size MB Update type Important Service Pack provides the latest updates to the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack More information http www microsoft com downloads details aspx FamilyId F AB F- F D- A - - CA E B amp displaylang en Help and Support http support microsoft com LN en-us Security Update for the Microsoft Office System KB Download size MB Update type Important A security vulnerability exists in the Microsoft Office System and the Compatibility Pack for the Office system that could allow remote code execution This update resolves that vulnerability More information http support microsoft com kb Help and Support http support microsoft com LN en-us Security Update for the Microsoft Office System KB Download size KB Update type Important A security vulnerability exists in Microsoft PowerPoint that could allow arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modified document is opened This update resolves that vulnerability More information http www microsoft com downloads details aspx FamilyId E D A C - A- F - D - A E A amp displaylang en Help and Support http support microsoft com LN en-us Security Update for the Microsoft Office System KB Download size MB Update type Important A security vulnerability exists in the Microsoft Office System that could allow arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modified file is opened This update resolves the vulnerability so that the Microsoft Office System documents are handled appropriately More information http support microsoft com kb Help and Support http support microsoft com LN en-us

A:6 important updates as of 03.12.2010

Hi,

I would strongly recommend installing SP2 and IE8 as soon as possible. If you have any problems, we are here to help. If these updates came through before you uninstalled Office, then that is why. If Office is still installed, then you need these updates. Uninstall Office if you are going to, recheck for updates, and install any that are suggested. Any problems, post back.

Richard

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/272321-6-important-updates-03-12-2010-a.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello guys,

nice to meet this wonderful forum.
My problem is that ALL my important updates fail to install for some unknown reason.
I've not been able to install SP1, IE9 etc.....

Is there anything I can do besides formatting, or is there a way I can repair windows update only?

I tried the system update readiness tool, but no results.

Best regards,

Peter

A:All important updates fail!!

Hello Peter, and welcome to the Seven Forums!

What error message are you receiving from Windows?

Also, please copy the C:\Windows\Logs\CBS folder to your Desktop, right click on it > Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder, and upload the new file which is created on your Desktop here.

Thanks a lot!

Richard

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/184526-all-important-updates-fail.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I see updates like Root Certificates Update, Microsoft Silverlight 1.0, Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0: x86, Driver Update for Intel Graphics Controller and all those other stuffs..I have like 15 updates on the waiting list..Are they important?. I read an article about how some people had computer problems after installing some of these..

A:How important are optional updates?

Some people have problems after doing anything . . . you only need install the Optional updates you need. I like to install the Root Cert updates, but only any of the others that are needing a update,

You are not likely to have problems with any of them, you just may not need them

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-important-are-optional-updates-252896.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I'm wondering if it is possible to ignore an important windows update? Windows Defender updates are listed as important updates but I have my own security suite and therefore don't need to burn a few megs every month to update Windows Defender. I also have a netbook with very limited hard drive space that keeps bugging me to install that update that checks if my version of Windows 7 is genuine. I know it is and don't want to take up valuable and limited hard drive space for Microsoft to tell me what I already know. I would like to set Windows Update some how so that it doesn't keep bugging me to install these important updates, is that possible?

A:Possible to Ignore Important Updates?

Not necessary to install the defender updates. Those updates represent new malware that has been written. If you do not install, you may become infected with the malware.

Bottom line you reallyshould install, but to answer your question you do not have to.

You can hide all updates that are not wanted. just right click on the update to hide

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/60508-possible-ignore-important-updates.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version:
Processor:
Processor Count:
RAM:
Graphics Card:
Hard Drives:
Motherboard:
Antivirus: None

i cannot install important updates not sure about much about my laptop apart from its a toshiba satellite pro on windows 7 an when i tryed to install them this code came up code:80240016

A:cant install important updates

Hi and welcome,
Could you try running this again please?
TSG System Information Utility http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe

Your first attempt came up with nothing - as you can see

Thanks.
Richard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-install-important-updates.1089293/
Relevancy 55.47%

This topic could fit in a few places but HERE is probably the broadest coverage I am a dedicated Windows user I own four WIN PC's and one WIN LT I'm shall we say 'well seasoned' and it is entirely possible my computer OS's will last longer then MY OS Further on a one month test of WIN I found it to have stuff neither myself or Mrs Gizmo will ever use I have all these rigs set up to use Once updates ? and for all...'Important/Critical' OPERA present stable version and do not use I E for anything Also I operate all of them using Sandboxie for security My residence is entirely Ethernet no wireless access and when any of my Kids or someone looking for my computer help come Once and for all...'Important/Critical' updates ? here I cascade one of my spare routers so We and Them are on different home networks Since my version of Microsoft Office is a little 'old' it will no longer run in my sandbox so if we get any E-Mail with attachments those are taken out of the E-Mail POP and forced to run IN the sandbox at least once before general opening I think we run about as secure as a home outfit can The Once and for all...'Important/Critical' updates ? last time I installed a Hard Drive it involved uSoft Updates And WIN will continue to be patched until January I find myself asking WHY bother Our installed software Once and for all...'Important/Critical' updates ? drivers etc all operate perfectly How can anything get TO us I've been running Sandboxie for over six years now and not a thing has ever gotten out of the 'box that wasn't invited out Everybody I ever ask about it assures me that I very much NEED to keep my WIN machines Microsoft Up to Date but when pressed they never really know why FOR US I am thinking I have wasted my last 'time' worshiping at the alter of Patch Tuesday WHAT does anybody here on this forum KNOW to make me change my mind and rejoin the herd Thanks for your patience I don't know how to be complete and be any shorter in my quirey Giz

A:Once and for all...'Important/Critical' updates ?

is any computer really safe? is windows ever 100% safe and secure? how many updates have been issued for its various operating systems since i purchased xp home sp1a retail more moons ago than i can remember? and who are you trying to keep your pc safe from? the spoilsports ratbags and shysters out to nick your money, or m/s now spying on you at every opportunity and then flogging that data? dont forget, m/s make windows and they are(going by all accounts) using every nefarious trick to infect and steal your data?

whatever you do, some scuzzbucket will find a workaround to a latest update to get into your pc. m/s will keep forcing you to update, bearing in mind those updates will also try to steal your data. you willl be damned if you dont and screwed if you do update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/390238-once-all-important-critical-updates.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Windows Developer seems to think that my SSD has a problem and it runs a file check on every boot I have checked my disc with several apps and they all report it is ok.
I have turned off the disc checker for now.
Is anyone else having this problem?

A:Repair file system errors (important)

You can stop the automatic CHKDSK on C: with this command: chkntfs /x c:

Note: if you access the SSD from both Win7 and Win8, you will run into that problem. I think the reason is because the security settings get changed - not 100% sure though.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/2958-repair-file-system-errors-important.html
Relevancy 54.61%

hey there!
i am experiencing a weird problem on my laptop, my friend watched a couple of videos on youtube, and then i turned it off, when i turned it back on i got the following error massage:

additionally, Windows Startup is slow now, i ran msconfig and stopped some programs to start right on windows startup, which saved me some time, also i ran "sfc /scannow", it asked for the WinXP SP2 for some .dll files, and i didt it, still the problem/error stayed there

any help would be appreciated, as im trying to get this laptop in perect shape for school and my CS classes..
thanx in advance!

A:IMPORTANT-Potential errors found in the System!

Since nobody else seems to have any suggestions, I'll do my best for some advice.

Its not a 100% certainty that the slow start up is caused because of this 'error' you have. PC's are usually just slow on start up, as a lot of drivers etc need to be run and loader up first. If you found a way to save some time, then good for you. If you are still able to run all files and programs on your Laptop and everything seems to be still working in a good sate (besides the slow startup) then you shouldnt worry too much.
Do you have any other system scanners/cleaners? If you are really eager to have a safe and good condition Latptop for school and what not, then I would recommend purchasing a good spybot/virus healer. The ones you get for free arent really too reliable at all. Norton is OK in some cases, I have a few good ones called 'SpyBot Search and Destroy' and 'SuperAntiSpyware - free edition' which I think is actually a free one but Im not sure because a friend of mine put it in there for me. Scan your PC, get rid of any problems it detects.
Additionally, if you did get some sort of bug from the Internet, you can try deleting your Temporary Internet Files. Search for it in the search menu and then enter the folder and delete all the things you find in it. They are just cookies and other stuff stored by your PC from the internet. If you still get the error message, as I said before, dont stress too much about it if you notice its not really causing any major problems. If you are worried, keep a backup of your critical files on a disk or USB etc.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/important-potential-errors-found-in-the-system-212469.html
Relevancy 54.61%

ther are still 88 important updates that needs to be installed on the 2 windows 8 pc 's i have in the internet shop.

how serious is this to the security of the 2 pc's ??

will this greatly affect the virus and malware vulnerability ??

thank you

all machines windows 8 64bit

A:88 important updates cannot install windows 8 how serious

Important enough I would say, if you are concerned about too many updates or have other concerns, you can pick and choose only security updates. Other way would be to have only important chosen to download and install. There are also some updates without which you will not be able to upgrade to W8.1. As computers are used in the internet shop, it's even more important to take advantage of any security improvement you can get your hands on.
I suppose you have set tight security on them and network, route etc. You can also ad: MCShield ::Anti-Malware Tool:: to guard against malware thru USB sticks if you allow customers to use them. Which other security measures have you taken ? AVs, soft/hard firewalls etc. ?

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/61206-88-important-updates-cannot-install-windows-8-how-serious.html
Relevancy 54.61%

...to go along with the RC that was released. Both IE8 related.

Relevancy 54.61%

I know this is Patch Tuesday but 35. I am still working on a couple of issues resulting for some of the Optional Updates over the past couple of weeks. Looking forward to hearing how the install for these goes.

I think I will wait a bit.

A:UNBELIEVABLE! 35 Important Updates Just Showed Up

See:

May 12th 2015 Windows Updates Security Bulletin Details

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/65782-unbelievable-35-important-updates-just-showed-up.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi, I just restored my laptop to factory settings, windows update has now decided it wants to install 115 updates, 107 of which are 'important'. Is it necessary to install all of them? Can I get away with just getting the most recent ones? It wouldn't bother me but they will take an age to install and take up the best part of 1GB of disk space...

Thanks.

Relevancy 54.61%

Hello Every one who read this Topic

My name is wez

i've been having this problem and havent been able to install important updates for around 5 months now and my pc aint functioning properly as the updates are needed .

Here is a screen shot of how it looks for me when i try to install them The green bar just keeps moving across and everything else stays the same no change no % goes
up

I dont understand why i cant install the updates iv'e done all the systym check it says its fine , i download the microsoft fix it and that found nothing , any one have any help ? Thanks in advance , need any more info just ask

A:Important Windows Updates Stuck On 0% ?

You apparently have a download problem. Check here whether there is something that might help: http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527

Especially look at this one: The progress bar stops responding at 0 percent when you click "Download and install" There is a Fix-it download.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/200189-important-windows-updates-stuck-0-a.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello, i was given a Sager NP2096 and i fresh installed Win7 64bit HP, i entered key and activated. However windows update is not working after 4 fresh install attempts. I tried upgrading to Windows 10 but after downloading and verifying Win 10 was stuck in update mode same as Windows Update.

Seems most of the this notebooks drivers are from as far back as 2008 so i assume I need some windows updates. The fresh install does have service back 1.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/395038-most-important-windows-updates-you-should-download.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Office 2013 - Important Updates

Manually download:

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/...px?q=KB3039795

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/53239-office-2013-important-updates.html
Relevancy 54.61%

In the windows 8.1 pro windows update I tried to download and install all 92 important updates after it was thinking with the green bar moving from side to side instead start downloading the updates I got error:

Code 80248007 windows update ran into problem.

How can I solve it ?

A:Tried to install 92 important updates but get error why ?

Solved it with this tip: Open start and search for Action Center and then open troubleshooter there and run troubleshooter for Windows Update. Do these steps in the PC which you face the problem.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/66094-tried-install-92-important-updates-but-get-error-why.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have read many posts about problems due to the fact that after the installation of MS Updates the computer began to freeze, BSOD or just work slowly. The most usual cause is the fact that the updates are downloaded and installed at the same time. Many of these updates require restarting the computer. This fact causes conflicts and problems when the updates are not installed properly. Next week a large number of updates are expected, change your update settings to notify, only. Install manually, and one at a time. We rather you come to the forum giving help rather than seeking it.

A:Install Updates Properly-Important

yes
your first step should be:
1) Re-boot (Re-start)

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/279358-install-updates-properly-important.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have read many posts about problems due to the fact that after the installation of MS Updates the computer began to freeze, BSOD or just work slowly. The most usual cause is the fact that the updates are downloaded and installed at the same time. Many of these updates require restarting the computer. This fact causes conflicts and problems when the updates are not installed properly. Next week a large number of updates are expected, change your update settings to notify, only. Install manually, and one at a time. We rather you come to the forum giving help rather than seeking it.

A:Install Updates Correctly-Important

Quote: Originally Posted by richc46

Great information. Thanks for the warning about the updates coming soon.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/89189-install-updates-correctly-important.html
Relevancy 54.61%

When Windows 8.1 pro starts up a message saying Windows Update. Important updates are available Go to PC, it stays very briefly.

Checking Windows updates it says no updates so I checked for updates and it found none, I have Windows update to Install update automatically.

Has any one else had this message or know what the cause is?

Walter

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/69587-windows-update-important-updates-available-go-pc.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have been meaning to post about this for some time.

I don't understand why MS categorizes Microsoft Security Essentials updates as "optional". These should be rated important or critical.

Is everyone else using MSE experiencing this also - Or am I missing something in my update settings?

A:Why does MS not categorize MSE definition updates as important??

That is a good question to ask Microsoft. I am wondering too. Always check the optionals.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/201629-why-does-ms-not-categorize-mse-definition-updates-important.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I was wondering if anyone had problems with the installation of the new round of updates that just came from microsoft This is the list of them cum update for media ctr KB security update KB security update microsoft office updates new round on of info. important system KB security update microsoft office exel KB security update windows vista KB security update microsoft office system KB security update microsoft works important info. on new round of updates KB security update important info. on new round of updates microsoft office system KB windows malicious software removal tool KB security update windows vista KB update rollup for activeX killbits windows vista KB cum security update for IE KB security update microsoft office word KB The only thing I did was not install IE I still don't have that installed because I don't know if they fixed the problem with the web printing from HP The error was on a black screen with a red X on a reboot and it said AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED WHILE SETTING UP SYSTEM there was a string address but I didn't get that It also said the error was logged Does anyone know where I can find this log Should I do a system restore back After I hit enter my computer started up ok But I don't know what happened to my system files HELP please Addie

A:important info. on new round of updates

Do a system restore, disable any third party Anti-Virus program and try installing the updates. This is how I managed to solve my problem. HTH.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/231671-important-info-new-round-updates.html
Relevancy 54.18%

There appears Ultimate working Vista "important updates" not to be eleven quot important updates quot that refuse to work i use windows updater and it says they are downloaded and installed then i reboot and it says 'configuring updates ect ' however after it says welcome and my desktop appears the windows update pops back up saying that thos important updates have failed and i must try again Ive done this times now to no avail i read a Vista Ultimate "important updates" not working post somewhere that sounded pretty much the same as mine with a solution but i cant find it so ive written this in the hope of finding some help Ive got vista ultimate bit ive uninstalled all unnecessary things and have up to date avira thanx to the guy who put me onto it it appears to work heaps better than avg these are the updates which keep failing -Microsoft NET Framework Service Pack Security Update for Windows KB -Microsoft NET Framework Service Pack and NET Framework Family Update KB x -Security Update for Windows Vista KB -Security Update for Windows Vista KB -Security Update for Windows Vista KB -Security Update for Windows Vista KB -Security Update for Windows Vista KB -Update for Rights Management Services Client for Windows Vista KB -Update for Windows Vista KB -Update for Windows Vista KB -Update for Windows Vista KB size Im hoping someone can help me in this other post the solution was that one of the updates had to be installed st before the rest would work which sounded pretty simple so hopefully this is a similiar problem

A:Vista Ultimate "important updates" not working

Try to download an install ONE update at a time.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/303077/vista-ultimate-important-updates-not-working/