Windows Support Forum

Windows update error 9C48, Internet Explorer update.

Q: Windows update error 9C48, Internet Explorer update.

Hello. It all started couple of days ago when I wansn't able to start my Skype, because at the login window Skype uses Internet Explorer I've been trying couple of days to do something. At first I was getting internet explorer 10 update error, but somehow, magically, that update installed, but now!!! now it says that there's Internet explorer 9 update error! Please help, guys, really frustrated that I can't use skype, I really need it for my work. ty.

I've made logs with System Update Readiness Tool as suggested here Windows Update Posting Instructions, but when I try to attach it, it says

Quote:
CBS.zip:
Your file of 10.84 MB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 8.30 MB for this filetype.

What should I do? I've tried to zip CBS and to rar it, but the size is still bigger than allowed. HELP!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows update error 9C48, Internet Explorer update.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows update error 9C48, Internet Explorer update.

I'm thinking my CSB file is bigger than it has to be because I've been running this System Update Readiness Tool couple of times in last few days, maybe I should delete something out of there?

Update: I uploaded it here http://ge.tt/4ab6s9i/v/0, sorry if it's against the forum rulse, or something, will do as it must be done if this isn't appropriate. thx

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/292074-windows-update-error-9c48-internet-explorer-update.html
Relevancy 95.48%

Hello all,

First of all thanks a lot for this forum and its helpful and devoted members.
So here I am, with the terrible "9C48 code: windows update has encountered an unknown error" (sorry for the approximate translation...).
The update I'm trying to install is "Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7 for processor x64 computers" (58,4 Mo).
Although I already use Internet explorer 11.0.9600.17280, there's still, according to Windows update, an update to do but which fails every time I try.
I run a fresh clean new install (just formatted my computer), tried WindowsUpdateDiagnostic, Microsoft Fix it, System Update Readiness Tool (SURT) and SFC Scan.
Enclosed the CBS.zip, though there are several "CbsPersist_2014xxxxxxxxxx.zip" I had to delete as the file was too big to upload :-/
As my friend Georges would say, what else? Thanks for your help !

A:Windows update for Internet Explorer 11: 9C48 error

SFC appears to have corrected a few pending files operations - and CheckSUR was clear
There's no obvious problems in the background data from the CBS.log file, or CBSPersist file.

Please post the C:\Windows\windowsupdate.log file, and we'll se what that has to say.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/346030-windows-update-internet-explorer-11-9c48-error.html
Relevancy 88.66%

I have a Windows 7 Pro 64bit computer that won't install an update for Internet Explorer 9.

A:Internet Explorer 9 won't install update Error 9C48

please follow Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/330811-internet-explorer-9-wont-install-update-error-9c48.html
Relevancy 108.36%

Hello Everyone This has been a most frustrating problem for me Ultimately I have been trying to install the online role playing game Fails Update Explorer so (code frustrati Please 9 Internet 9C48) help, quot Darkfall quot My installation fails and I am prompted that I need to have a version of Internet Explorer greater than Well that is a little strange since i am running I don't think I had a chance not to have it because of windows update anyway So I go to the Microsoft website and click to download IE I am prompted that a more recent version is installed Internet Explorer 9 Update Fails (code 9C48) Please help, so frustrati on my system Figures right So I begin to look at my options I attempt to uninstall and reinstall IE through the uninstall located in add remove programs in the update part That fails and tells me that quot An error has occured Not all updates where successfully uninstalled quot So than I try to do a manual uninstall by removing the trusted installer control of the files That didn't work and I did a system restore because I didn't feel good about that action So Than I try to uninstall from the command line using FORFILES P WINDIR servicing Packages M Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer- mum c quot cmd c echo Uninstalling package fname amp amp start w pkgmgr up fname norestart quot That fails telling me that quot Operation Failed with x Access is Denied Well I just quit for a few days because that was very frustrating Now I see that there is an update for IE in my windows update Well maybe that is the problem Excitedly I try to run the update thinking that my problems are finally Solved no The install fails with the C code saying Windows Update encountered an unknown error Needless to say I feel utterly defeated I made sure I am running as an administrator as well Can anyone help me either correct the update or uninstall IE please haha I am going crazy here

A:Internet Explorer 9 Update Fails (code 9C48) Please help, so frustrati

This is new from Microsoft. I have never tried it because I don't have a problem.
Take a read and decide.
System Update Readiness Tool fixes Windows Update errors in Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 R2, and Windows Server 2008

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/255346-internet-explorer-9-update-fails-code-9c48-please-help-so-frustrati.html
Relevancy 102.77%

Why am I continuing to receive Windows Update Error C To Whom It May Concern I am receiving Update Error C which according to my update history is Internet Explorer for Windows for x -based Systems Installation date AM Installation status Failed Error details Code C Update type Important Download the fast and fluid browser recommended for Windows Internet Explorer Fast and fluid Windows error 9C48 update for Windows Fast Fast at loading sites and fluid as you navigate through them Easy Seamless with Windows it just works the way you want Safer Better protection from threats and increased privacy online More information http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Help and Support http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Windows update error 9C48 I have received this error beginning thru Present When attempting to run the update on March it again failed Attempting to open Internet Explorer it now defaults to a page called portalsites com I have attempted to reassert Internet Explorer as my home page and as my default menu but I can not change either The portalsites com page is still changing my settings Also I continue to receive pop up messages stating internet explorer has stopped working followed by this web page caused this program to shut down What actions do I need to take to resolve the issue I need your expertise and knowledge please I have attached a copy of the thread I was getting MS MVP support from It is very detailed as to my problem and my attempts to correct with the MS rep http answers microsoft com en-us windows forum windows -windows update why-am-i-continuing-to-receive-windows-update c - b - d - d- fefe Windows update error 9C48 page amp msgId b c-e - c - df- e f

A:Windows update error 9C48

Follow the Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help from item 6.  Once you have posted your log, please pay particular attention to the advice in item 8 - the response time may be less than that quoted.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526542/windows-update-error-9c48/
Relevancy 101.48%

I keep getting an error code 9C48 when trying to install this one important update:
Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems
Download size: 69.1 MB
You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.
Update type: Important

Also every time I turn my computer off at night there is always a message saying installing 1 out of 1 updates.

A:Windows Update Error Code 9C48

Please try out this fix. It may solve this problem or error.
1. First of all close all programs which are running on your computer and restart the Windows.
2. When Windows have started then click on the “Start” button and then click on the “All programs”
3. Now click on the “Accessories” and after that click on the “Run”.
4. Now you have to type "Services.msc" command in “Run” to open the Administrator Tools' Services panel.
5. Now find the "Windows Module Installer" service entry. If it’s status is 'disabled' then right click the entry and choose 'Properties' and change the startup state to 'Manual', click 'Apply' and then 'OK'.
6. Restart your computer.

If that doesn't work try this: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/ie-10-worldwide-languages

Regards..............

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/502376/windows-update-error-code-9c48/
Relevancy 101.48%

While trying to perform windows updates on my laptop I received 800B0100 and 9C48 error codes. I have attached the CBS log. Please help me.

A:Windows Update Error 800B0100 and 9C48

Here's the error listing from your CheckSUR report.

Code:
Unavailable repair files:
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-versioninfo_31bf3856ad364e35_9.4.8112.20534_none_7445eb2820c0e93a.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-versioninfo_31bf3856ad364e35_9.4.8112.16434_none_73bc4e5d07a34970.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-runtimeutilities_31bf3856ad364e35_9.4.8112.20534_none_bcc3b658784afaae.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-winsockautodialstub_31bf3856ad364e35_9.4.8112.16434_none_64c1407a30738b31.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-winsockautodialstub_31bf3856ad364e35_9.4.8112.20534_none_654add4549912afb.manifest
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2559049_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.3.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2559049_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.3.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2559049~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.3.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2559049~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.3.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2559049_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.3.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2559049_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.3.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2559049~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.3.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2559049~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.3.cat
I'll post a fix for those in the morning if I can wake up in time

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/312213-windows-update-error-800b0100-9c48.html
Relevancy 101.48%

I get this error trying to install "Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems"

I already have IE 11 installed and running properly, so I know it's stuck somewhere.
I followed the Windows Update Posting Instructions post before starting this thread, so I have run the System Update Readiness Tool and System File Checker. I'm attaching the CBS zip file.

Oh, and this system is running Windows 7 Home Premium. My system specs are for a different computer.

A:Windows Update Error Code 9C48

We need the full CBS folder data - what you've uploaded so far is almost useless.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/349649-windows-update-error-code-9c48.html
Relevancy 100.62%

Hello everyone It's been a while I finally changed my laptop 'cause its GPU got burnt and they gave me a brand new Lenovo Z through error Update 9C48 IE11 code Windows i - m with a GT M not bad Anyhow while updating after a new installation of Windows every single one update got installed successfully except one partially you'll see what I mean the notorious IE which always comes up with error C And I say partially because I HAVE IE installed successfully the first time I installed it through Windows Update exhibit A amp B below I know that I am making much fuzz IE11 error code 9C48 through Windows Update for nothing now 'cause I could just hide that update and go on with my life But I know that's something is not right and it's a shame to begin a brand new installation of my precious Windows with errors SURT installation completed successfully KB IE11 error code 9C48 through Windows Update sfc scannow didn't find any integrity violations I have included only the CBS log and CheckSUR logs on my rar file because I exceed the mb limit with the CBS Persist zip folders Thanks in advance for everyone's time to read my post Peace out

A:IE11 error code 9C48 through Windows Update

Sounds to me like a corrupted store somewhere - but before we start messing, let's have a look at some other files...
Please upload the following files.
C:\Windows\windowsupdate.log
C:\windows\IE11_main.log

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/347708-ie11-error-code-9c48-through-windows-update.html
Relevancy 99.33%

Hello I fails IE 11, error Windows Update code 0x80070003 9C48 & have the version of IE kb opened the browser When I try to reinstall it by looking in view updates - it was not there My windows update - Windows Update fails IE 11, error code 0x80070003 & 9C48 the IE keeps failing giving me an error of C I've used a Windows Update Diagnostic I have an error of when installing IE as well during the diagnostic I've tried the toolkit from windows I'm not sure which CBS file it is The first CBS file This is the second CBS file Here is the Windowslog file I've also included this which was in the log file Code Started Y M D local Time Format in this log MM ss mmm minutes seconds milliseconds Command line quot C Windows SoftwareDistribution Download Install WU-Windows -KB -x exe quot INFO Windows Update Install Cleaning up old registry entry KB INFO Windows Update Install Trying to extract package as quot C Windows TEMP IEF tmp Windows -KB -x cab quot INFO Windows Update Install Extracted new file to C Windows TEMP IEF tmp Windows -KB -x cab INFO Windows Update Install Setup return code x Started Y M D local Time Format in this log MM ss mmm minutes seconds milliseconds Command line quot C Windows SoftwareDistribution Download Install WU-Windows -KB -en exe quot INFO Windows Update Install Cleaning up old registry entry IE-Spelling-en cab INFO Windows Update Install Trying to extract package as quot C Windows TEMP IE tmp IE-Spelling-en cab quot INFO Windows Update Install Extracted new file to C Windows TEMP IE tmp IE-Spelling-en cab INFO Windows Update Install Setup return code x Started Y M D local Time Format in this log MM ss mmm minutes seconds milliseconds Command line quot C Windows SoftwareDistribution Download Install WU-Windows -KB -en exe quot INFO Windows Update Install Cleaning up old registry entry IE-Hyphenation-en cab INFO Windows Update Install Trying to extract package as quot C Windows TEMP IE A tmp IE-Hyphenation-en cab quot INFO Windows Update Install Extracted new file to C Windows TEMP IE A tmp IE-Hyphenation-en cab INFO Windows Update Install Setup return code x Started Y M D local Time Format in this log MM ss mmm minutes seconds milliseconds Command line quot C Windows SoftwareDistribution Download Install WU-Windows -KB -x exe quot INFO Windows Update Install Cleaning up old registry entry KB INFO Windows Update Install Trying to extract package as quot C Windows TEMP IEAEC tmp Windows -KB -x cab quot INFO Windows Update Install Extracted new file to C Windows TEMP IEAEC tmp Windows -KB -x cab INFO Windows Update Install Setup return code x Started Y M D local Time Format in this log MM ss mmm minutes seconds milliseconds Command line quot C Windows SoftwareDistribution Download Install WU-Windows -KB -en exe quot INFO Windows Update Install Cleaning up old registry entry IE-Spelling-en cab INFO Windows Update Install Trying to extract package as quot C Windows TEMP IEB B tmp IE-Spelling-en cab quot INFO Windows Update Install Extracted new file to C Windows TEMP IEB B tmp IE-Spelling-en cab INFO Windows Update Install Setup return code x Started Y M D local Time Format in this log MM ss mmm minutes seconds milliseconds Command line quot C Windows SoftwareDistribution Download Install WU-Windows -KB -en exe quot INFO Windows Update Install Cleaning up old registry entry IE-Hyphenation-en cab INFO Windows Update Install Trying to extract package as quot C Windows TEMP IEC tmp IE-Hyphenation-en cab quot INFO Windows Update Install Extracted new file to C Windows TEMP IEC tmp IE-Hyphenation-en cab INFO Windows Update Install Setup return code x Started Y M D local Time Format in this log MM ss mmm minutes seconds milliseconds Command line quot C Windows SoftwareDistribution Download Install WU-Windows -KB -x exe quot INFO Windows Update Install Cleaning up old registry entry KB INFO Windows Update Install Trying to extract package as quot C Windows TEMP IEE tmp Windows -KB -x cab quot INFO Windows Updat... Read more

A:Windows Update fails IE 11, error code 0x80070003 & 9C48

Can someone help? :S

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/371915-windows-update-fails-ie-11-error-code-0x80070003-9c48.html
Relevancy 99.33%

A couple of months ago this system had problems with KB which when installed would cause all MSI files to fail to install In the process of fixing that I used System Restore several times to roll back to different points After I discovered it was KB and uninstalled it things were fine Until it reinstalled itself again later and I had to remove it again This month Windows Update would never finish checking for updates I went into Add Remove Programs to see if KB had installed itself Windows Redected Error 9C48; KB2871997 Update IE11 Always again but that listed no installed updates I tried SFC scannow and it wouldn't run I tried Windows Update IE11 Error 9C48; KB2871997 Always Redected System Restore and it didn't help I manually created HKLM Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Component Based Servicing Version according to this Windows Modules Installer Error - Microsoft Community and then things started to work Windows Update SFC and updates being listed in Add Remove Programs - though only a few were listed Now an optional update IE refuses to install - it gives error code C IE is already installed Additionally KB succeeds but keeps showing up It also doesn't seem like I got the latest batch of patches - only a few items were listed Windows Update IE11 Error 9C48; KB2871997 Always Redected when I checked for updates though I'm not sure about this CBS zip attached The CBS directory has cab files that aren't included they make the zip file greater than the MB limit CbsPersist cab CbsPersist cab CbsPersist cab CbsPersist cab CbsPersist cab From my brief look at the log it looks like there are more registry keys that are missing broken sfc scannow reported no integrity violations Thanks

A:Windows Update IE11 Error 9C48; KB2871997 Always Redected

The CheckSUR log shows this error...

Code:
Checking Package Watchlist
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x00000002 Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Component Based Servicing\PackageDetect Failed to open store key
SFC/CBS shows the following error...

Code:
2014-11-12 21:02:30, Info CBS Starting TrustedInstaller initialization.
2014-11-12 21:02:30, Info CBS Fallback code servicing stack search path during setup...
2014-11-12 21:02:30, Info CBS TI found cbscore.dll at: C:\Windows\servicing\0.0.0.1
2014-11-12 21:02:30, Info CBS Failed to load Core DLL from path: C:\Windows\servicing\0.0.0.1\cbscore.dll [HRESULT = 0x8007007e - ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND]
2014-11-12 21:02:30, Info CBS Failed to initialize CBS Core. [HRESULT = 0x8007007e - ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND]
2014-11-12 21:02:30, Info CBS Ending TrustedInstaller initialization.
2014-11-12 21:02:30, Info CBS Failed to initialize Trusted Installer. [HRESULT = 0x8007007e - ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND]
2014-11-12 21:02:30, Info CBS Starting TrustedInstaller finalization.
2014-11-12 21:02:30, Info CBS Trusted Installer core was not initialized.
2014-11-12 21:02:30, Info CBS Ending TrustedInstaller finalization.
2014-11-12 21:02:53, Info CBS Starting TrustedInstaller initialization.
2014-11-12 21:02:53, Info CBS Fallback code servicing stack search path during setup...
2014-11-12 21:02:53, Info CBS TI found cbscore.dll at: C:\Windows\servicing\0.0.0.1
2014-11-12 21:02:53, Info CBS Failed to load Core DLL from path: C:\Windows\servicing\0.0.0.1\cbscore.dll [HRESULT = 0x8007007e - ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND]
2014-11-12 21:02:53, Info CBS Failed to initialize CBS Core. [HRESULT = 0x8007007e - ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND]
2014-11-12 21:02:53, Info CBS Ending TrustedInstaller initialization.
2014-11-12 21:02:53, Info CBS Failed to initialize Trusted Installer. [HRESULT = 0x8007007e - ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND]
2014-11-12 21:02:53, Info CBS Starting TrustedInstaller finalization.
2014-11-12 21:02:53, Info CBS Trusted Installer core was not initialized.
I suspect that your system is beyond manual repair - and therefore suggest that you attempt a repair install of the OS
See the instructions here... Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/352098-windows-update-ie11-error-9c48-kb2871997-always-redected.html
Relevancy 98.04%

Right, I hope I can get my problem across clearly as i've tried following many threads in different forums and at the moment i've had no luck...

I'm posting the thread due to the error code 9C48 which I get trying to update IE11 through windows. The first thing that came to mind is uninstalling IE.

1. I've looked under the View installed updates for 'Windows Internet Explorer' and couldn't find it.
2. I've tried uninstalling via command prompt and was unsuccessful (followed this step off a different thread).

Can someone help me with this?? I should mention i'm completely new to this so I need some good help

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/380315-error-code-9c48-internet-explorer-11-windows-7-x64.html
Relevancy 96.75%

Hey,

I'm having an issue with another computer's updates. When trying to upgrade to IE 11 it fails with an error saying that I need prerequisite updates. After I installed them and removed IE 9 as recommended somewhere, installing IE 11 still fails with error 9c48. I've tried some Microsoft FixIt tools unsuccessfully. The latest CBS log is attached.

Thanks,

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/382500-cant-update-ie-11-update-error-9c48.html
Relevancy 94.17%

I have an update "Windows Explorer 9 for Windows 7" update which terminates with the error code 9C48.
I have looked at a lot of fixes on the Web & this Forum and none seem to work.

I have tried the Command line prompt -:FORFILES /P %WINDIR%\servicing\Packages /M Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-*9.*.mum /c "cmd /c echo Uninstalling package @fname && start /w pkgmgr /up:@fname /norestart"

Also
"Control Panel/Programs/Progs & Features/Installed Update " but get a msg "Error Occured"

I have also tried the "Fix it" but get "Access Denied" although I have Administrator Status

IE 9 seems to be working ok but I am concerned I may not be getting security updates.

Any Help would be appreciated

Regards John

A:IE update Error 9C48

I dread to think what state your machine is in after those commands

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/274891-ie-update-error-9c48.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Stuck on Internet Explorer 10, can't update to IE 11 due to 9C48 error.

A:IE 11 Windows Update error 9C48 with Windows 7 SP1 x64

Also Windows update only shows the IE 10 update not IE 11 even though 10 is fully installed and updated. Attached is the CBS folder.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/346973-ie-11-windows-update-error-9c48-windows-7-sp1-x64.html
Relevancy 92.88%

I get an error 9C48 when trying to update IE9 on win7 64bit.

A:Error 9C48 with IE9 update on win7 64

The CheckSUR log shows the following problems....

Code:
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2744842~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2744842~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_2_for_KB2744842~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_2_for_KB2744842~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2744842_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2744842_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2744842~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2744842~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2744842~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2744842~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_2_for_KB2744842~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_2_for_KB2744842~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2744842_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2744842_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2744842~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2744842~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.cat
The background errors in the CBS log agree.
I'll post a fix when I can - hopefully tomorrow

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/300944-error-9c48-ie9-update-win7-64-a.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Hi and thank you in advance for your help I work for a school and am having an issue with IE on many machines I just imaged IE will not go to internal intranet links 9c48 x64 update failing 11 Error IE and is many times not loading or slowly loading pages I read in another forum to uninstall the IE update I did this on one computer rebooted then tried to manually install IE However that didn't work So I let it do IE 11 x64 update failing Error 9c48 updates It pulled down IE IE and IE in windows updater I performed the updates times each time with one failing until I am at the final update which is IE and it fails I performed a registry fix using CCleaner but no dice I have seen on some other threads here that after running the CheckSUR tool there has been a fix given I was wondering if this is something I need to do for every machine about or if there is a way I can fix it myself Thanks for any help Machine Specs HP Compaq DC CMT Win pro x gb RAM gb Seagate HD NVIDIA GeForce Graphics Card Intel Core Duo Microsoft Forefront Endpoint

A:IE 11 x64 update failing Error 9c48

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data
If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/343984-ie-11-x64-update-failing-error-9c48.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Ive recently bought a new laptop and I installed all the drivers I got and I also update everything via Windows Update except this IE 11 update.

I cant install it at all. Any solution?

A:IE 11 update fails. Error: 9C48

Well; the ie11 was really designed for windows 8; and therefore ie 11 can be installed on windows 7. That might be why you cant install it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/332945-ie-11-update-fails-error-9c48.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Hello, I'm trying to install an update to IE9 but get the error code 9C48.

I've tried to uninstall IE9 but it is not listed in the Windows Update section.

Originally I was trying to install win7 SP1, but was getting an error saying "newer software alreay installed" I think.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers

A:Error code 9C48 when trying to update IE9

This can repair windows updates problems Windows Repair (All In One)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/306857-error-code-9c48-when-trying-update-ie9.html
Relevancy 92.88%

I got this windows IE9 update 36.7 mb, but no matter what I do the update fails after restore point is created. It seems I got the same problem as here: Update fails with error code 9C48. - Microsoft Answers but it keeps failing. I tried disabling my Avast AV but no luck. Any ideas how to fix this?

A:IE9 W7 64-bit update keeps failing (error 9C48)

Hello mystvearn

Sorry you seem to have been missed. Have you checked the Prerequisites before installing IE9 - Prerequisites for installing Internet Explorer 9 and also here - Troubleshoot problems when you cannot install Internet Explorer 9.
Also run the system file checker just incase there are any system errors - SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker.

It may also be worth trying the offline installer from here - Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - Windows Internet Explorer 9 for Windows 7 64-bit Edition and Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit Edition

Regards Danny

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/184627-ie9-w7-64-bit-update-keeps-failing-error-9c48.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Hello, I have just reinstalled Windows 7 Starter on my Asus Netbook. I have spent yesterday installing updates and there is one update that is giving trouble.

It is the update for IE11 for Win 7. It fails with the error code: 9C48

The only third party programs I've installed is Chrome

The CBS.zip file is over 9MB so the forum will not allow me to post it. The result from sfc /scannow was:

Code:
Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
I could upload the zip to dropbox or Google Drive if that would help. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I've uploaded the CBS zip to google drive. Link here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9b...it?usp=sharing

A:IE11 update error 9C48 Win 7 Starter

Hi and Welcome to Seven Forums,

Take a look at this tread on the same issue - Windows Update Failure Error Code 9C48 Unable to Fix. - Microsoft Community

Does this help?

Regards,
Jamie

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/339735-ie11-update-error-9c48-win-7-starter.html
Relevancy 92.02%

I managed to fix most of the checksur errors (there was 8 in the beginning) on my own but now I am stuck.
Anyway I am on Windows 7 SP1 32 bit, I have run checksur and then sfc and uploaded the CBS folder with the logs.
Thanks in advance

A:Error code 9C48 when trying to install IE 11 update

CheckSUR found and fixed one problem.

SFC found this error...

Code:
Line 4787: 2014-09-10 01:33:43, Info CSI 000001db [SR] Repairing 1 components
Line 4788: 2014-09-10 01:33:43, Info CSI 000001dc [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
Line 4791: 2014-09-10 01:33:44, Info CSI 000001de [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"mshtml.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-IE-HTMLRendering, Version = 11.2.9600.17107, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 4794: 2014-09-10 01:33:45, Info CSI 000001e0 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"mshtml.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-IE-HTMLRendering, Version = 11.2.9600.17107, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 4795: 2014-09-10 01:33:45, Info CSI 000001e1 [SR] This component was referenced by [l:152{76}]"Package_1_for_KB2953522~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~11.2.1.0.2953522-2_neutral_GDR"
I'll post a fix protocol for it later.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/344944-error-code-9c48-when-trying-install-ie-11-update.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Hello all I've been having a similar problem to what has been addressed here already and I Update IE10 9C48 - Error Failed was hoping that I could get some help I am IE10 Update Failed - Error 9C48 running IE on Windows Home Premium bit and haven't really been having any IE10 Update Failed - Error 9C48 problems except that Windows keeps trying to update to IE and when I let the update run it fails with error code C I think the update keeps coming back because in Windows Features it only shows IE and in the installed updates it only shows IE IE10 Update Failed - Error 9C48 I've tried uninstalling IE but there is nowhere to execute an uninstall command no version of IE shows up in the Remove Programs menu in Control Panel I would like for the auto update to go away because these three features are synched auto update windows features and installed updates rather than hiding the update and running the IE Update Blocker I have attached the CBS log and a screenshot of the error Thank you in advance Attachment Attachment Attachment Attachment

A:IE10 Update Failed - Error 9C48

Both CheckSUR and SFC are free of problems - so we'll have to look elsewhere.

It may be a case of attempting to rip IE10 out by the roots...
command line uninstall IE10 on W7 may help with that.

Please post the C:\Windows\windowsupdate.log file and all IE*.log files

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/319452-ie10-update-failed-error-9c48.html
Relevancy 92.02%

I am running Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 and everytime I try to install IE11 from Windows update it gives me the 9C48 error. I've tried downloading and installing the IE 11 standalone installer but it keeps giving an error that "Setup cannot continue because a more recent version of Internet Explorer is installed on your computer".

I have been searching Google and these forums and I noticed people attach their CBS and checkSUR logs after running sfc /scannow, so I am doing that as well in hopes of someone being able to help.

I have tried so many different fixes, CheckSUR, subinacl, MS Hot fixes, uninstalling IE11 etc. I hope someone is able to help. Thanks in advance for your help.

A:Error code 9C48 when trying to install IE 11 update

I was curious if anyone knows how I can fix this issue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/349958-error-code-9c48-when-trying-install-ie-11-update.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Hi there, Need some help getting some updates that won't update. This is for installing IE10 (which is funny because I'm already running IE 10) and then installing IE 11.

Downloaded the System Update Readiness Tool and installed it

Completed a SFC scan (no problems detected)

Ran the windows update repair tool

Nothing made a difference.

Here's a link to the CBS.zip https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B27...ew?usp=sharing

Thanks,

Shawn

A:Update error code 9C48 and 9C59

You appear to have some major corruption.
Here's what CheckSUR found...

Code:
servicing\packages\Package_110_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_146_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_147_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_148_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_149_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_150_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_151_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_152_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_153_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_154_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_155_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_156_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_157_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_158_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_159_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_160_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_161_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_162_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_163_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_164_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_165_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_166_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_167_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_168_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_169_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_170_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_171_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_172_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_173_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_174_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_175_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_176_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_177_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_178_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_179_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_180_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2345886~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2416471~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2446709~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2454826~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.2.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2467659~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2522422~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2656373~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2859903~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.2.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2925418~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.2.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2964358~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.2.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB978262~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB978506~31bf3856ad364e... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/351652-update-error-code-9c48-9c59.html
Relevancy 92.02%

I got error code 9c48 when trying to install the important update for IE9. Not only has the update failed, but it has caused IE9 to be inoperable, resulting in NO browser. I can't seem to find any solution. Please help.

A:IE9 Update Failed - Error code 9c48

Try a system integrity scan
RUN > CMD > SFC /SCANNOW

Also try using firefox to access the net,then uninstall IE & download to install IE9 again.

You can try rolling back to your previous ver as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/165023-ie9-update-failed-error-code-9c48.html
Relevancy 92.02%

HI all,

Just registered after seeing a similar thread on here to the issue I have.

I have a laptop with 7 Home premium 64 bit SP1 that is up to date with the exception of an IE9 update that refuses to install at all.

Have tried various different methods but to no avail including attempting to remove IE9 and then try a reinstall.

Uninstall hasn't been possible. Any help would be much appreciated.

Attachment 256916

Attachment 256917

A:Win7 64 Update failed Error 9C48

Hello adz76 and welcome to the forums

I've never seen a 9C48 error code from these problems before! Thank you for all of the logs, they are very helpful.

Windows Update Package Replacement

Warning: this fix is specific to the user in this thread. No one else should follow these instructions as it may cause more harm than good. If you are after assistance, please start a thread of your own.

Please download the attached file, Packs.zip and save this to your Desktop.
Right-click on the file and select Extract All...
Tick the box labelled Show extracted files when complete then click Extract
A window will open showing two folders, Manifests and Packages
Open the Manifests folder and copy the files into the following folder (if there are any files)

C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\Winsxs\Manifests

Open the Packages folder and copy the files into the following folder (if there are any files)

C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\Servicing\Packages

Run the System Update Readiness Tool (SURT) again
When the SURT finishes installing, copy (Ctrl + C) and paste (Ctrl + V) the contents of the SURT log into your next post please:

C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.persist.log
You will probably be shown the error code 0x8024200D after performing this fix, if so, please download and install the update from this link. It must be downloaded using Internet Explorer.

Download Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 9 in Windows 7 x64 Edition (KB2675157) from Official Microsoft Download Center

If you aren't shown an 8024200D, please let me know - it isn't an issue, I would just like to know for future reference.

Tom

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/279973-win7-64-update-failed-error-9c48.html
Relevancy 92.02%

I ran Windows Update and there is an update for IE 9, but when I try to install it I get error code 9c48. I have tried every fix on the net to repair this, but to no avail. I have tried to uninstall IE9 and reinstall, but there is no update for IE9 in my installed updates. I have run sft / scannow and tried to fix the dll. I also have cleaned the registry and repaired the .net framework and 6-8 hours later. Still no IE, still no update.

I don't care about the update as long as I have a working version of Internet Explorer on my machine. Please help! I also have attached the .txt document of the cbs/logs with the erros from the scannow command.

Please help! Thanks.

A:Error Code 9c48 when installing IE9 Update Win 7

Please try out this fix. It may solve this problem or error.

1. First of all close all programs which are running on your computer and restart the Windows.
2. When Windows have started then click on the “Start” button and then click on the “All programs”
3. Now click on the “Accessories” and after that click on the “Run”.
4. Now you have to type "Services.msc" command in “Run” to open the Administrator Tools' Services panel.
5. Now find the "Windows Module Installer" service entry. If it’s status is 'disabled' then right click the entry and choose 'Properties' and change the startup state to 'Manual', click 'Apply' and then 'OK'.
6. Restart your computer.

You should be able to update your internet Explorer 9(ie9) without any error message popping up on the screen.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/216503-error-code-9c48-when-installing-ie9-update-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 91.16%

I have a new laptop running Win Pro SP -bit as its operating system It came with IE I've been applying the failure IE11 Another Error - 9C48 Code Update dozens of Windows updates that keep showing up and they all seemed to apply successfuly until I reached the IE update upgrade That's when things got weird -It kept saying that it had failed with an error code of C -If I restarted it tried to reinstall the update which failed and then when I would re-run Windows Update it would show the IE update as an important pending update to be applied -However when I would launch IE and check the quot About IE quot info it showed that I was running IE not IE It was as if it was sort of installed but not fully Through internet searching I stumbled on a couple of your threads I hadn't read the warning about quot don't try acting on advice given to another user quot yet so I tried some of the suggestions as follows - I installed and ran the System Update Readiness Tool The CheckSUR and CheckSURpersist logs both show quot no errors detected quot -I ran System File Checker sfc scannow and the result was that quot Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations quot If Another IE11 Update failure - Error Code 9C48 I had known about quot verify only quot I would have run that but this was my first exposure to this tool -I doublechecked a list of IE update prerequisites and it looked to me as though all the required updates were installed Here's where I got brave or foolhardy -When I scanned some of my logs I found some comments about quot newer version already installed quot -I followed the instructions for manually uninstalling IE that I found on the MSDN blog site through a link I found in your Oct thread on this error -I also made sure to change my Windows Update settings so no updates would try to auto install -I overlooked and therefore did NOT do the additional step recommended in your October thread the one that reads as follows quot Start an Elevated Command Prompt Type in pressing enter after each line cd quot userprofile Desktop quot IE Update exe update-no Allow the installation to complete Restart your computer when done quot Current status -My version of IE is back to being IE and it appears to be working normally -Windows Update is offering me downloads for IE and IE as quot important quot and IE as quot optional I have not applied any of these updates -I have applied all other Windows updates offered to date but I check first to see what they are I need to know what I should do next - the appropriate steps and their sequence -do I need to do the last step from the October thread described above -do I have to install IE and then IE before installing IE -what else do I need to do I want to get Windows and IE settled down so I can proceed with installing other programs as I migrate from my old laptop The machine came with the OS preinstalled and so far all I've added are Norton and Firefox Thanks

A:Another IE11 Update failure - Error Code 9C48

Here are some of my log files - CheckSUR, CheckSURpersist, IE11_main and windowsupdate.

I assume you may want to see my CBS logs, but I will need some help getting you what you want. I wound up with 1 CBS log and 5 CBSpersist logs, and when I zipped the folder it was 171MB in size which is way too big to upload here. I can try zipping the individual files to see if any of them would be small enough to upload.

FYI, I'm not an IT person and I have minimal experience knowing what I'm seeing when I try to read a log file. So please keep things simple where you can.

Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/362731-another-ie11-update-failure-error-code-9c48.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi I am not sure if I am infected but I posted in another forum and someone explorer an Windows keeps won't having and 7 Update, Internet error! told me it sounds like I am They told me to post here The basics I bought a brand new Dell Inspiron M I am the first owner and have the dell year standard mail in Windows 7 won't Update, and Internet explorer keeps having an error! service warranty Right now I have Mc Afee installed because it came for a free month with the computer I was planning on switching to Norton once my trial ended but since I am having issues with my other computers as well I am looking for a very good antivirus even if it costs money for Windows This computer came with Windows home premium and I have the product key sticker on the bottom of my laptop Since I have gotten the laptop a little flag with an x on it pops up It will tell me several messages all at different times Sometimes it will tell me my windows firewall isn t on but when I access the control panel it says it is on I have tried clicking the turn on now button and nothing happens The flag will also say that it can t update my computer and no updates have ever been added Also it will tell me that internet explorer stopped working properly It will also tell me that internet explorer has stopped working I have one internet explorer that says bit next to it and one in another location that just says internet explorer I think this one is the I have moderate computer skills and really need this taken care of quickly I am in college so it is very important that my computer works The whole point of me getting this one was because I paid to get my desktop fixed spent on Norton and it is still a piece of poop PLEASE HELP ME Below are the things requested I am a little concerned because it says file missing a lot I do not have an ark file because the last one didn t find anything Thanks in advance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C Program Files x ooVoo ooVoo exe C Program Files x Dell Webcam Dell Webcam Central WebcamDell exe C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD PDVD Serv exe C Program Files x Roxio Roxio Burn RoxioBurnLauncher exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office Communicator communicator exe C Program Files x Roxio Roxio Burn Roxio Burn exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http search conduit com SearchSource amp ctid CT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook PHPNukeEN Toolbar - dd a eb- afd- d - d -e f ca - C Program Files x PHPNukeEN tbPHPN dll F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO McAfee Phishing Filter - B A- - A -B -BE AFE AB - C Program Files x McAfee MSK MskAPBho dll file missing O - BHO Conduit Engine - F B -B - - B- FBA BD D - C Program Files x ConduitEngine ConduitEngine ... Read more

A:Windows 7 won't Update, and Internet explorer keeps having an error!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-wont-update-and-internet-explorer-keeps-having-an-error.989281/
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi
Started getting this yesterday which is wierd as IE9 was installed (18/‎09/‎2013 by windows updates) and still working and now updates thinks it needs to install again.
So SFC /Scannow ran with no errors.
Checksur Ran with error I have downloaded the offended kb files expanded and placed them in windows temp checksur packages folder and ran again. Now it is saying cupt files on ones that I cannot find
Attached is the zipped cbs folder.
Thanks in advance

A:Error 9c48 internet explorer 9

Your CheckSUR scan shows the following problems:

Code:
Summary:
Seconds executed: 604
Found 2 errors
CBS MUM Corrupt Total count: 1
CBS Catalog Corrupt Total count: 1
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2977629~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~9.4.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2977629~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~9.4.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2977629~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~9.4.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2977629~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~9.4.1.0.cat
These files are from IE9, and will prevent the proper installation of IE11.

I'll post a fix a little later.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/352843-error-9c48-internet-explorer-9-a.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Attachment 290231
i having problem with this windows update

here is zip for CBSAttachment 290230

thanks!!!

A:windows update error (code 9c48 and code 9c57)

You haven't run the CheckSUR tool.

Pleasefollow the WindowsUpdate Posting Instructions and post the requested data

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/308652-windows-update-error-code-9c48-code-9c57.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Have gotten this error for a while in windows update and have also been unsuccessful installing IE11 as a stand alone. My current IE version does not open anymore.

1. Ran SURT -- no errors
2. Ran SFC/scannow -- no errors
3. The error code in Windows update is 9C59

I have attached CBS log files in a zip file.

Thanks for your help. Pepper me with any question that may help resolve this...

Thanks.
The Booter

A:Windows update - Internet Explorer 11 error 9C59

We need ALL the requested logs, please!

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data
If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/335174-windows-update-internet-explorer-11-error-9c59.html
Relevancy 89.01%

Please help, I want to install windows 10, but I get a false code 9C48 windows update. I have close a picture of the foute. Can you help me. I prefer in Dutch language, because my English is not correct. Please help :)

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6340d395-1316-4c44-af33-90bb72b19563/code-9c48-windows-update?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 89.01%

Hi Guys,

I am new to the forum so sorry if this thread is not as it should be.

I have spent a while researching the above issue and there has been a number of these issues brought up and I have seen that you guys are very experienced in this field so would like to pick your brains if I may.

I understand this issue is generally different every time it pops up, unfortunately I have looked through the CBS log and cannot see which of the many errors are the cause for the Internet Explorer 10 update 9C59 issue.

I have attached the logs suggested and would really appreciate any help with this.

Oh! I have tried using the stand alone IE 10 installer but this failed also.

Thanks

A:Windows Update error 9C59 when updating Internet Explorer 10

Does anybody have any ideas?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/300379-windows-update-error-9c59-when-updating-internet-explorer-10-a.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Hi,

I'm having the same trouble as a lot of other people I think - update failures on the above codes.
Ii have attached screen shots of the error messages and my CheckSur file. My CBS is file is huge (even zipped) & as I'm a bit thick when it comes to this sort of thing, I didn't want to start deleting things and make the problem worse!!!!

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated!!!

Jo

A:Windows Update Failure 9C48 and 9C59

Hello again,

I've split my CBS files and attached them!!

Really hope you can help!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/305287-windows-update-failure-9c48-9c59.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Greetings Although I only recently noticed the magnitude of the problem all updates of my -bit version of Windows Vista have failed for the last two months The only attempted installations were Definition Updates for Windows Defender Internet Update Flooding Windows Pop-up Explorer (8024402C), Error Random and each resulted in a Code C error Windows Update Error (8024402C), Random Internet Explorer Pop-up Flooding Following instructions in the Microsoft Knowledge Base I reset my proxy server through the command prompt netsh winhttp reset proxy net stop wuauserv net start wuauserv However my current WinHTTP proxy is set to quot Direct access no proxy server quot and it therefore seems to have had no effect I have also enabled quot Automatically detect LAN settings quot in Internet Explorer but this did not resolve the issue either I suspect this may have something to do with a scareware program I was sucked into installing a while ago I do not remember what exactly it was but it did warn me among other things about a particularly high internal temperature Once I realized what it actually was I uninstalled it and cleared all the suspicious files I could find from my hard drive Despite my efforts unfortunately Internet Explorer began to act strangely with the IE window and snatches of what seemed like online streaming radio loading randomly and spontaneously I uninstalled and reinstalled IE which seemed to make the streaming go away except IE still sometimes tries to flood my screen with pop-ups all pointing to the URL hxxp bl yl rahh lii eudy zif I wanted to run a scan with latest version of msert exe but I was unable to download it from the Microsoft Update servers I am also unable to access http www yahoo com even though it works perfectly fine on other computers using the same home network quot Firefox can t find the server at download microsoft com www yahoo com quot I think these two symptoms are likely connected A Full msert exe scan a copy of which I eventually found at http www microsoft com security scanner en-us default aspx hosted elsewhere from download microsoft com and a Full Symantec Endpoint Protection scan did not find anything serious So I would appreciate any help you could give me thank you all in advance

A:Windows Update Error (8024402C), Random Internet Explorer Pop-up Flooding

Hello,And welcome to BleepingComputer.com, before we can assist you with your question of: Am I infected? You will need to perform the following tasks and post the logs of each if you can.Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareNOTEMalwarebytes is now offering a free trial of their program, if you want to accept it you will need to enter some billing information, so that at the end of the trial you would be charged the cost of the product. Please decline this offer, if you are unable to provide billing information. If you want to try it out, then provide the billing information.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Full Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.SUPERAntiSpyware:Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/414640/windows-update-error-8024402c-random-internet-explorer-pop-up-flooding/
Relevancy 85.14%

Greetings I have been directed to post here from the quot Am I infected quot forum My previous thread is located here My Windows Vista -bit has been unable to update for over two months Windows Update has tried to install the latest Definition Updates for Windows Defender but has experienced a Code C error each time I do not access the Certain Flooding Explorer Random Windows Websites, Internet Access (8024402C), Pop-Up Update To Error Unable internet through Windows Update Error (8024402C), Unable To Access Certain Websites, Random Internet Explorer Pop-Up Flooding a proxy and setting quot Automatically detect LAN settings quot in Internet Explorer did not resolve the problem It seems I am unable to access selected websites Firefox cannot find the servers at download microsoft com and www yahoo com even though these sites work fine on other computers using the same home network At times IE also attempts to flood my screen with pop-ups pointing to a broken non-URL most often when I re-log into Vista after waking up my computer from Sleep mode I paste DDS and attach Attach ark the requested logs below Thank you for your help in advance DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Severan at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate GMT AV Symantec Endpoint Protection Enabled Updated C A - C B- F C- B B- FCCFDC SP Windows Defender Enabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Symantec Endpoint Protection Enabled Updated A BBD -AA - A - B- B EB B E Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k rpcssC Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcsC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroupC Windows system SLsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Smc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC Windows System WLTRYSVC EXEC Windows System bcmwltry exeC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Users Severan Programs SAS SASCORE EXEC Program Files Broadcom ASFIPMon AsfIpMon exeC Windows system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmtC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaantmon exeC Windows runservice exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows system STacSV exeC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exeC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeC Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroupC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXEC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exeC Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet NicConfigSvc exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus SmcGui exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files Apoint Apoint exeC Windows System hkcmd exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exeC Program Files Wave Systems Corp Services Manager DocMgr bin WavXDocMgr exeC Windows system igfxsrvc exeC Program Files Wave Systems Corp SecureUpgrade exeC Windows System WLTRAY EXEC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exeC Windows V Mon exeC Windows system wuauclt exeC Windows sttray exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exeC Windows sy... Read more

A:Windows Update Error (8024402C), Unable To Access Certain Websites, Random Internet Explorer Pop-Up Flooding

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/415180 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/415180/windows-update-error-8024402c-unable-to-access-certain-websites-random-internet-explorer-pop-up-flooding/
Relevancy 81.7%

I recently had some issues with the laptop so i decieded to format the drive and do a complete clean install but after doing so the computer is alot slower then it used to be and im also getting the svchost error with mbam and im also getting a rootkit error threw kaspersky Please help me remove these errors and improve the performance of the computer DDS Ver - running slow, MBAM 9c48 delete, update SVCHOST.exeSVCHOST.exe wont Windows Computer fails - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by Talia at on - - Microsoft MBAM SVCHOST.exeSVCHOST.exe wont delete, Computer running slow, Windows update fails 9c48 Windows Home Premium GMT - AV McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Disabled Updated ADA C - F - - A- B E SP McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Disabled Updated C C - - - FA- E F F SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF FW McAfee Firewall Disabled DA E - - D - - AD FE Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows servicing TrustedInstaller exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Windows system mfevtps exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mcshield exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee McSvcHost McSvHost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Gate VAIO Gate exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Care VCPerfService exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Care listener exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Update VAIOUpdt exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Update VUAgent exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Care VCSystemTray exe C Windows system sfc exe C Windows System WUDFHost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO scriptproxy DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files x Common Files McAfee SystemCore ScriptSn dll BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO B E -A B - A -B - CD E A FF - c Program Files x McAfee SiteAdvisor McIEPlg dll TB McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c Program Files x McAfee SiteAdvisor McIEPlg dll mRun mcui exe quot C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe quot runkey StartupFolder C PROGRA MICROS Windows STARTM Programs Startup SONYMS LNK - C Program Files x Sony MSS SSScheduler exe uPolicies-Explorer NoDriveTypeAutoRun dword mPolicies-Explorer NoActiveDesktop dword mPolicies-Explorer NoActiveDesktopChanges dword mPolicies-System ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin dword mPolicies-System ConsentPromptBehaviorUser dword mPolicies-System EnableUIADesktopToggle dword DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - - hxxp fpdownload macromedia com get shockwave cabs flash swflash cab TCP NameServer TCP Interfaces BD B- F- E- A - A B B CAF DHCPNameServer Filter application x-mfe-ipt - EF B- - -A - C D - c Program Files x McAfee MSC McSnIePl dll Handler dssrequest - F E- B- E - B - E CC - c Program Files x McAfee SiteAdvisor McIEPlg dll Handler sacore - F E- B... Read more

A:MBAM SVCHOST.exeSVCHOST.exe wont delete, Computer running slow, Windows update fails 9c48

Greetings and Welcome to The Forums!!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your malware problems.I have put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of usPlease do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer. NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.These are the programs I would like you to run next, if you have any problems with these just skip it and run the next one.-Security Check-Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.-AdwCleaner-Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Delete.Confirm each time with Ok.Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.Please post the content of that logfile with your next answer.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.--RogueKiller-- Download & SAVE to your Desktop RogueKiller or from here
Quit all programs that you may have started. Please disconnect any USB or external drives from the computer before you run this scan! For Vista or Windows 7, right-click and select "Run as Administrator to start"For Windows XP, double-click to start. Wait until Prescan has finished ... Then Click on "Scan" button Wait until the Status box shows "Scan Finished"click on "delete" Wait until the Status box shows "Deleting Finished" Click on "Report" and copy/paste the content of the Notepad into your next reply.The log should be found in RKreport[1].txt on your DesktopExit/Close RogueKiller+Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/478769/mbam-svchostexesvchostexe-wont-delete-computer-running-slow-windows-update-fails-9c48/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi,

Did all 4 steps ofWindows Update Posting Instructions.

Can I uninstall SURT of is it still necessary to use it ?

THNX
Roey

A:Internet Explorer 10 update - error 9C59

The SURT doesn't actually 'install' anything - it merely corrects faults in Windows installations. Please don't delete the original file yet, as we may need it again later.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/311371-internet-explorer-10-update-error-9c59.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hello guys a couple of weeks ago my father asked me update error Internet Can't downgrade or 80070643 Explorer, to update his PC running Windows Professional bit I ran Windows Update everything went smooth despite for one update Can't downgrade or update Internet Explorer, error 80070643 Internet Explorer - gt upgrade Installation process failed on first run but Can't downgrade or update Internet Explorer, error 80070643 then when it was automatically re-executed on reboot it completed successfully at least I thought so sigh I immediately noticed that IE was installed in the English version only while my father used Italian IE not a big deal let's try to install the Italian one installation process goes to then pc reboots on reboot it goes to up but suddenly it says that it's impossible to apply the update and everything is reverted back Everything I got it's error The same thing happens when I try Can't downgrade or update Internet Explorer, error 80070643 to uninstall IE by hand I tried all methods known Control Panel Command Prompt etc but it's always goes up to and then reverts the changes Yesterday surprise Windows Update was able to install IE but it's the English version of course when I try to install the Italian one or go back to IE I got the same error of previous - gt transition How can I fix that error to be able to install the IE version I want Attachment Thanks in advance

A:Can't downgrade or update Internet Explorer, error 80070643

You have some interesting errors in the background CBS data...

Code:
Line 68713: 2013-11-11 21:20:49, Error CSI 00000001@2013/11/11:20:20:49.208 (F) Logged @2013/11/11:20:20:43.935 : [ml:114{57},l:112{56}]"MOF (install online) $(runtime.wbem)\it-IT\msfeedsbs.mfl"
Line 68715: 2013-11-11 21:20:49, Error CSI 00000002@2013/11/11:20:20:49.208 (F) CMIADAPTER: Inner Error Message from AI HRESULT = HRESULT_FROM_WIN32(1083)
Line 68722: 2013-11-11 21:20:49, Error CSI 00000003@2013/11/11:20:20:49.208 (F) CMIADAPTER: AI failed. HRESULT = HRESULT_FROM_WIN32(1083)
Line 68726: 2013-11-11 21:20:49, Error CSI 00000049@2013/11/11:20:20:49.208 (F) d:\win7sp1_gdr\base\wcp\cmiadapter\installers.cpp(352): Error HRESULT_FROM_WIN32(1083) originated in function Windows::WCP::CmiAdapter::CMIWrapperBasicInstaller::ResolveAndInvokeInstaller expression: hr
Line 68728: 2013-11-11 21:20:49, Error CSI 00000004@2013/11/11:20:20:49.395 (F) CMIADAPTER: Exiting with HRESULT code = HRESULT_FROM_WIN32(1083).
Line 68730: 2013-11-11 21:20:49, Error CSI 0000004a@2013/11/11:20:20:49.395 (F) d:\win7sp1_gdr\base\wcp\cmiadapter\installers.cpp(123): Error HRESULT_FROM_WIN32(1083) originated in function Windows::WCP::CmiAdapter::CMIWrapperBasicInstaller::Install expression: hr
Line 68736: 2013-11-11 21:20:49, Error [0x018020] CSI 0000004d (F) Failed execution of queue item Installer: Mof ({9f4ec79f-3a97-4772-b635-2899468900a2}) with HRESULT HRESULT_FROM_WIN32(1083). Failure will not be ignored: A rollback will be initiated after all the operations in the installer queue are completed; installer is reliable (2)[gle=0x80004005]
Line 68753: 2013-11-11 21:20:51, Error CSI 00000005@2013/11/11:20:20:51.345 (F) Logged @2013/11/11:20:20:49.816 : [ml:110{55},l:108{54}]"MOF (install online) $(runtime.wbem)\it-IT\msfeeds.mfl"
Line 68755: 2013-11-11 21:20:51, Error CSI 00000006@2013/11/11:20:20:51.345 (F) CMIADAPTER: Inner Error Message from AI HRESULT = HRESULT_FROM_WIN32(1083)
Line 68762: 2013-11-11 21:20:51, Error CSI 00000007@2013/11/11:20:20:51.345 (F) CMIADAPTER: AI failed. HRESULT = HRESULT_FROM_WIN32(1083)
Line 68766: 2013-11-11 21:20:51, Error CSI 00000054@2013/11/11:20:20:51.345 (F) d:\win7sp1_gdr\base\wcp\cmiadapter\installers.cpp(352): Error HRESULT_FROM_WIN32(1083) originated in function Windows::WCP::CmiAdapter::CMIWrapperBasicInstaller::ResolveAndInvokeInstaller expression: hr
Line 68768: 2013-11-11 21:20:51, Error CSI 00000008@2013/11/11:20:20:51.392 (F) CMIADAPTER: Exiting with HRESULT code = HRESULT_FROM_WIN32(1083).
Line 68770: 2013-11-11 21:20:51, Error CSI 00000055@2013/11/11:20:20:51.392 (F) d:\win7sp1_gdr\base\wcp\cmiadapter\installers.cpp(123): Error HRESULT_FROM_WIN32(1083) originated in function Windows::WCP::CmiAdapter::CMIWrapperBasicInstaller::Install expression: hr
Line 68774: 2013-11-11 21:20:51, Error [0x018020] CSI 00000057 (F) Failed execution of queue item Installer: Mof ({9f4ec79f-3a97-4772-b635-2899468900a2}) with HRESULT HRESULT_FROM_WIN32(1083). Failure will not be ignored: A rollback will be initiated after all the operations in the installer queue are completed; installer is reliable (2)[gle=0x80004005]
Line 68932: 2013-11-11 21:20:54, Error CBS Startup: Failed to process advanced operation queue, startupPhase: 0. A rollback transaction will be created. [HRESULT = 0x80004005 - E_FAIL]
Line 70147: 2013-11-11 21:31:06, Error CBS Startup: Completed rollback, startupPhase: 0. [HRESULT = 0x80004005 - E_FAIL]

I can't recall seeing these error type before. The CheckSUR results show no signs of either IE 10 or IE11 being present, and the above error appears to be from an attempted install of IE10.
To be honest, I'm not sure w... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/311411-cant-downgrade-update-internet-explorer-error-80070643-a.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hello all I'm running a custom Fails, to Error Explorer Update Internet 11 9C47 built computer that doesn't seem to want to update to IE or for that matter I'm running IE currently The error code I get from the Windows Update is C I then get a link to install prerequisites which either don't apply Update to Internet Explorer 11 Fails, Error 9C47 to my machine or are already installed I ran and installed the SURT I did the SFC scan which found no discrepancies The windows update error code is C I have attached the CBS logs I am not very good with coding or understanding the windows registry I did contract a Virus Trojan that corrupted windows firewall and a Update to Internet Explorer 11 Fails, Error 9C47 few other things a while back maybe - months but I was able to remove it using a few techniques I found online All virus scans with Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebites comes up clean I did have to restore the firewall function using some DIY things I found online I know there are some geniuses on this forum that have helped others in my situation Any help would be greatly appreciated I apologize in advance if I left out important information Please let me know what you might need from me Regards Jon

A:Update to Internet Explorer 11 Fails, Error 9C47

Welcome to Seven Forums!

Seems there are a few fixes for this and not all work for everyone, can you follow through with some of the suggestions here: Update to I.E. 11, Get Error 9c47 - Microsoft Community ------ Then report back and let us know if you could fix it?

Before doing any of these, please make sure your data is backed up just in case. Please disregard Pinaki Mohanty's (Support Engineer) Method #3 suggestion. Only use that as a worst case scenario fix.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/315368-update-internet-explorer-11-fails-error-9c47.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I have been looking around trying to find a fix for this issue, and no matter how hard I try, I cant get it to work. I need IE to update so I can get the upgrade to Windows 10.

Can someone who knows how to fix this error please help me and walk me through fixing it?

A:Internet Explorer 11 update failed error code 9c59

Hi Khaz, welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Read through this MS website & see if there ia anything there that could help.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2872074

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/377738-internet-explorer-11-update-failed-error-code-9c59.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hey all, I got an ERROR 80070057 For Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8. There is a screenshot in the attatchment does anyone know how to fix this error?. I found many Vista users on Google having the same problem, no fixes for Windows 7... thanks in advance!.

A:ERROR 80070057 For Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8

Welcome to Seven Forums voodoochild16. What is the KB# of the specific update. Did other updates work, and only that one fail? A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/136037-error-80070057-cumulative-security-update-internet-explorer-8-a.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I did the SURT & the SFC scan and have attached the requested files. An additional note is that my system has been very slow with all browsers. Any help is very much appreciated.

A:Code 9c48 update won't install

This could be the source of your problems.

Code:
servicing\packages\Package_2_for_KB2761451~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_2_for_KB2761451~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.cat
I'll post a fix for it in a bit.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/280865-code-9c48-update-wont-install.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Problem originally started when trying to complete a Windows Update to install IE10 -- had connection issues due to my router and needless to say, the install failed... miserably. Kept trying to reinstall IE10 through Windows Update, and also manually, to no avail.

Strangely enough, I could open IE, though not be able to use any of the toolbar menus or type in any address in the URL bar without it crashing.

IE10 was not showing in the installed update list, however IE9 was. Tried uninstalling IE9 and have gotten myself into an even bigger mess. Now, IE10 IS showing in the installed update list but the system is requesting that I install IE9. Still fails just as before with the resulting 'Code 9C48'. Can also still open IE but get the same type of crash as before.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

A:Win 7 - IE9 & IE10 update failure (Code 9C48)

You have some major registry corruption.

Code:
Summary:
Seconds executed: 1923
Found 586 errors
CBS MUM Corrupt Total count: 2
CSI Missing Winning Component Key Total count: 584
This seems to be a fairly comprehensive listing of the IE9 entries.

It's not feasible to attempt to fix that manually - your only real option is going to be a repair install of Windows, followed by reinstalling IE9, and updating fully before attempting IE10 again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/299268-win-7-ie9-ie10-update-failure-code-9c48.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Ive been using this one windows update site for a while and noticed more and more people having trouble with updateing Windows through IE internet explorer So i decided to throw it out there on how to update windows without IE particlarly quot This free website allows users Explorer Internet without Tip: windows Update of Mozilla Firefox Netscape Mozilla Firebird Opera or K-Meleon to keep their copy of Windows up-to-date Newer releases of these browsers are also suitable quot YOU CANT USE IE TO UPDATE THROUGH THIS SITE Download and install Mozilla firefox or the latest Tip: Update windows without Internet Explorer final version right now its Or one of the above browsers firefox is probably the Tip: Update windows without Internet Explorer more suitable and user friendly First go to the site and check it out READ about it first b deciding to use it as your main windows update source it provides a good ammount of info on the site This site in my opinion is great One downside is that its a bit slower in adding new updates to its database usually about a month behind but for most thats not an issue unless your a total security freak about every little thing microsft views as a threat read about it at the Tip: Update windows without Internet Explorer website It also does not have a driver database yet So you will still want to pop on the official microsoft windows update site from time to time to see if there are any newer drivers for your system if need be Me personally if the drivers are working fine LEAVE EM ALONE This is only MY opinion and MY choice for updating windows that ive used with NO problems for about months ANYTHING CAN GO WRONG WITH UPDATES JUST LIKE ANY PROJECT UPDATE IN LIFE YOUR MAKING CHANGES AND ADDING ON Be a big boy or girl and make YOUR OWN choice after reading about it first ofcourse So your probalby dying by now as to what the site is LOL Here you go http windowsupdate nds com ENJOY P S You will probably have to install its download utilty scanner to update through the site no biggie it will tell you when the time comes nbsp

A:Tip: Update windows without Internet Explorer

It is NOT recommended to update ANYWHERE except the official Microsoft update site

I strongly urge you NOT to use that site or any browser other than IE to do updates to windows

and that site is blocked by the various antimalware hosts files as it contains viruses on sections of the site

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tip-update-windows-without-internet-explorer.437426/
Relevancy 77.83%

Windows IP Configuration Host Name Sunroom Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific explorer 8 cannot windows Internet update DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - - - - -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - - - - -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description n Wireless LAN Card Physical Address - - - - -C DHCP windows cannot update Internet explorer 8 Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cd c f b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday August AM Lease Expires Wednesday September PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A - A-B -E -CB- E- - -B DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address E -CB- E- - windows cannot update Internet explorer 8 -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dd a bc d df Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday August AM Lease Expires Wednesday September PM Default windows cannot update Internet explorer 8 Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A - A-B -E -CB- E- - -B DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d ab cd bbc a Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe cd bbc a Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap BB C CED-B - B D-BDC - DC E A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F - D- C - AAB-ADA F AC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap Belkin Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 77.83%
Relevancy 77.83%

Update today was to Internet Explorer 9. Some bars at top and bottom of window were missing, and finding the old familiar commands to put them back was different. No helpfile. No command bar at top. I looked in the Tools icon and found some menu of features, but I found no item to a helpfile. The Tools menu also showed no command or item to make display of the Favorites bar nor the Menu bar. Finally, I discovered that right-clicking the Toolbar area would bring a menu of items which included Menu, Favorites, and other toolbars. NOT Good. The company needs to adjust this. I.E. 8 was easier to use, and there was at least, a helpfile.Also: Not know if to select or not select the Smart Screen Filter to be active or not. I have Norton 360; should this do the same things as Smart Screen Filter?

A:Windows Update Internet Explorer 9

IE9 Help Files can be found under Help, which is where I found it using IE8.

After Help opens, click on the icon that looks like a book to browse help.

Or you can use F1 on your keyboard.

For toolbars View/Toolbars.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/389499/windows-update-internet-explorer-9/
Relevancy 76.97%

The subject gives the two problems Specifically I am running windows XP on a new dell laptop ghz with only mb ram and the version of internet explorer that came with it I have not installed any of the explorer updates as for some reason I cannot update this computer from microsofts website even though just updated another laptop no problem and know that it is not anything wrong with the site but update internet explorer, cannot windows. close or something with the computer It just scans for latest version of widows update eternally when I get there And then cannot close internet explorer, or update windows. for the more annoying problem I cannot close any window in cannot close internet explorer, or update windows. internet explorer by clicking on the X box in the upper cannot close internet explorer, or update windows. right hand corner It just beeps at me and does nothing I have to use control alt delete to close anything on this computer I have a hunch these problems might be related though of you all might know more Your help is appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 76.97%

Hi very new here and only been using windows for days which is windows and sorry if this question has already been asked my laptop randomly shuts down yesterday rd december and does some random update once completed I E has been deleted off desktop and I'm only left with windows internet explorer tile which i hate using the desktop version was similar to what i was using before Is there any way of getting this back I have tried right clicking on the explorer update internet Windows deletes windows tile and pinning to desktop but on clicking on IE on the desktop it just flashes on and off instantly I'm not sure thats even the same IE I was using before the updated deletion any ideas how to Windows update deletes internet explorer get it back i forgot to Windows update deletes internet explorer mention after the update it asked me what version do i want to use firefox internet explorer etc etc i refused all of them because i was happy with internet explorer it failed to mention it had deleted it thanks in advance

A:Windows update deletes internet explorer

Welcome to eight forums Arronb!
Ok 2 things. 1: Use Chrome or Firefox (they are much faster and have better functionality). And 2: You still have it. The shortcut was deleted. To get it back: First press start and R together. There should be a popup that says "Run". Next type "c:\program files\internet explorer" with the quotes. Then find iexplore.exe. Right click it and click "create shortcut". Next you should see a popup that says "Windows can't create a shortcut here. Do you want the shortcut to be placed on the desktop instead" Click Yes. Now you have internet explorer on your desktop again.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/58008-windows-update-deletes-internet-explorer.html
Relevancy 76.97%

My laptops IE7 and Firefox stopped working, I rebuilt the laptop and installed SP3 and browsers worked again, after applying windows updates the browser is unable to connect to websites and times out with connection problem.
I also tried updating to IE8, but the same thing happened. If I rollback with system restore everything works again. all of the updates starting 94xx are ok.

I am unable to identify which update is doing this has anyone else experienced this ?

I think it must have been one of the latest patches this week that broke it. Any help withthis is appreciated.

A:Internet explorer not working after windows update

I had similar problem but finally figured it out.

My issue was with Windows Zero Configuration Service after install of SP3. Just had to restart the service manually from control panel and BOOM, internet works. This particular problem happens mostly on wireless network adapters (mine is a d-link DWA-110 adapter).

Other services you should restart = DHCP! This was the root cause of the problem due to a conflict with Zero Configuration i think. Freakin MS, can't even get their own modules working properly together

If this does not work please do reply i will provide u with some other solution

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-explorer-not-working-after-windows-update-361881.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello,i have tried a few times and it seems that the only update it fails is the one for IE.This problem started about two weeks ago and i could not solve it.Once it asked me to restart my laptop i kept getting: ,,Failure configuring Windows Update,reverting changes" . My laptop would try to restart 2-3 times to make the update successful before it would stop and leave the laptop turned on. This is the name and details of the update: ,,Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7 (KB2929437)'

And this is the error code of it: 800700C1

A:Windows Update for Internet Explorer Failed

this post on Microsoft technet might solve your problem. code 800700c1 windows update encountered unknown error
scroll below to see the answer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/329941-windows-update-internet-explorer-failed.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I just realized that my computer has very few hot fixes/updates for windows XP in 2009. They just stopped.
I clicked windows update but Internet Explorer will not connect to the update section of Microsoft. I can go to the website, when I try to receive any updates I'm re-directed to the URL update.microsoft.com/ and it will not connect.

I'm using Advanced Systems Care from Iobit. Is it possible they wiped out something important to the process?

A:Internet Explorer will not connect to windows update

Log on as an administrator, go Start > Run and type: "cmd". In the window that appears type: "netsh winsock reset". When the program is finished, you will receive the message: "Successfully reset the Winsock Catalog. You must restart the machine in order to complete the reset." Close the command box and reboot your computer.Go Start > Run > type: "cmd" In the window that appears type: "ipconfig /flushdns". Close the command box.Go Start > Control Panel > Network Connections. Right click on your default connection, usually Local Area Connection or Dial-up Connection if you are using Dial-up, and and choose Properties. Double-click on the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) item. Select the radio button that says "Obtain DNS servers automatically". Reboot.Then try the updates again.Personally I think you should never use a registry cleaner such as Iobit. If you must use a registry cleaner you should create a new restore point and backup the registry first. For backing up the registry I like to use ERUNT.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/232971/internet-explorer-will-not-connect-to-windows-update/
Relevancy 76.97%

When visiting a Web page that uses a custom pop-up object, Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 can close unexpectedly and generate an error in the Mshtml.dll file. This problem occurs after you install security update 918899 on a Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2)-based or a Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1)-based computer...microsoft.com...A hotfix is available if you are severely affected by this problem. Otherwise, we recommend that you wait for the next cumulative security update for Internet Explorer.http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=923996

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/66151/update-for-internet-explorer-for-windows-xp-sp2-kb923996/
Relevancy 76.97%

About a week ago I updated my work pc with Microsoft Update and ever since then I have been getting an error message when trying to use Windows Explorer:

"Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

If it's of any help, the 'Error Signature is'...

AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180 ModName: ntdll.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 00001010

I tried to get a copy of the 'technical information', but was unable to copy/paste it into a seperate file.

Thanks, in advance, for any help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-error-after-update.587244/
Relevancy 76.97%

Please help me, this morning after i update the Windows XP sp2 i cannot start my desktop anymore which mean explorer doesn't work, no start menu, no desktop item etc.

I wanted to restore to previous state but i had no idea what to do.

Help me

A:Windows error explorer after update SP2

Hi, You can try starting up in Safe Mode first, from there you might be able to uninstall Service Pack 2 from Add/Remove Programs in your Control Panel.

Or, this:

http://www.michna.com/kb/WxSP2.htm

Click on Start, Control Panel, Add/Remove Software, and make sure that you have Show Updates selected at the top, if you have that choice at all. Then try to remove Service Pack 2 from there.

If that fails, roll back the computer, using System Restore. If that also fails or if you want to know more details, check the next subchapters below for detailed information on how to uninstall the service pack.

If you cannot or don't want to uninstall Service Pack 2, you can perform a repair installation of Windows XP by booting from the original installation CD. First select to install Windows XP, then, after the installer finds your existing installation, choosing the repair installation. Remnants of Service Pack 2 may still cause some problems, warning and error messages in the system event log, but these should go away once you have successfully reinstalled Service Pack 2.

If your computer then works as it did before, you have again gained some time. If it doesn't, or even if it does, but you cannot find any other possible cause, do a repair installation. Boot from the install CD, select to install Windows XP (not to repair it at this time yet), let it detect your current installation, then elect to do a repair installation on the existing installation.

Be careful not to do a fresh installation, for example if the install program does not find your existing installation, unless you want to start from scratch and lose all your installed software and settings. But even then, you will normally at least don't lose your data.

More information: http://www.google.com/search?q="Windows+XP"+"repair+installation"

The repair installation overwrites Service Pack 2 files and may leave your computer with some functions not working and a few error messages repeatedly being logged, so you should then reinstall Service Pack 2.Click to expand...

To get to Safe Mode:

When the pc restarts or you start it up, start tapping the F8key when you see text on any black and white screen...at some point, you should get the Advanced Startup option screen visible, with your down or up arrow key, move to the line for "Safe Mode" and hit the Enter key once.

If that doesnt work, try System Restore: Try regular Safe Mode first.

Then, try in Safe Mod With Command Prompt:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304449/

Start the System Restore tool at a command prompt
1. Restart your computer, and then press F8 during the initial startup to start your computer in Safe Mode with a command prompt.

For additional information about the Safe mode with a command prompt, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
315222 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315222/) A description of the Safe mode boot options in Windows XP
2. Log on to your computer with an administrator account or with an account that has administrator credentials.
3. Type the following command at a command prompt, and then press ENTER:
%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe
4. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to restore your computer to an earlier state.Click to expand...

If the computer starts all the way to the Desktop in Safe Mode, try these ways:

Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore

Or, Start>Run, Type: %systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe. Then press enter.

The Last Known Good Configuration line may work, too.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307852&sd=tech

I will be adding to this reply so check back. (done for now- I read your reply below, good luck with it!)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-error-explorer-after-update-sp2.427069/
Relevancy 76.11%

all of a sudden a few days ago certain Explorer Internet access Windows and websites Update, Can't I couldn't open Internet Explorer and it said VIRUS ALERT by the time on my toolbar I tried to clean my computer with Defender and Ad-Aware They both Can't access Windows Update, Internet Explorer and certain websites found tons of spyware and a lot of the problems were fixed and I manually removed the VIRUS ALERT from the time Then I installed the IE beta hoping that would fix the problem Can't access Windows Update, Internet Explorer and certain websites but it didnt I cant open IE and even when its not open I get a pop up every few minutes saying quot Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close quot Also when I use Firefox I cant get to Windows Update pandasoftware and any other helpful site I'm at a loss And would appreciate any help Below is my Hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exe C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan Mcshield exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan VsTskMgr exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize yco search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize yco www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize yco www yahoo com R - URLSearchHook no name - A FAF - E- cf- - F A D - no file R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO XML module - BCA - A - eaf- - C B D - C WINDOWS system msxml dll O - BHO D - -BB - CA -A -F A FFEA E - C WINDOWS system mmx dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar no name - B EA -A - -B BB- DE CCA - no file O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/cant-access-windows-update-internet-explorer-and-certain-websites-287659.html
Relevancy 76.11%

There are so many sites I can't get to because it say your browser needs to be updated. My Internet Explorer 11 is updated so do I need a new browser? I'm using Windows 7 because I don't like Windows 10

A:Update for Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems

Some examples of these "so many websites" would possibly be useful.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/630475/update-for-internet-explorer-11-for-windows-7-for-x64-based-systems/
Relevancy 76.11%

Please can someone offer advice. As the titles say above, I'm having trouble downloading and successfully installing Internet Explorer 11 for My Dad's laptop; Windows 7, 64-Bit Home Premium Edition.

What occurs, receive a prompt from Microsoft informing you need to update the browser and gives you a link with a list of prerequisites / Knowledge Base.exe's, around 9 in total which usually say already been installed and not applicable to this particular pc (recently just ran the Windows Update). Begin to run in to difficulties when trying to download all the associated files for 'Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2Service Pack 1' (KB976932), http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=4090. After selecting all the files, and on the top bar and clicking allow - nothing is happening; just appears to refresh the page and hangs.

Looking on the internet, been reading this is common issue but I can't seem to find a conclusive fix.

Thanks

A:Windows 7 - 64Bit struggling to update to Internet Explorer 11

The Windows Update process should handle installing service pack 1 (if it is needed).

Click on the Start button...
...then right click on Computer (right side of the Start menu)
...select Properties from the context menu.

Does the info say service pack 1?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/390380-windows-7-64bit-struggling-update-internet-explorer-11-a.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello I am having a problem loading the windows update page. Whenever I try to open it, it tells me "internet explorer cannot display the webpage" and I also get redirected to different websites then the ones that I click on when I do a search in google. I recently ran Malwarebytes, Super AntiSpyware and AVG and erased a whole bunch of Trojans and such spyware. I have ran scans and everything now comes up clean and the computer is running good, I just have this problem still. Any help??

Thanks, Rob

A:Can't open windows update and Internet Explorer redirects.

Do you have the logs from those scans?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/313348/cant-open-windows-update-and-internet-explorer-redirects/
Relevancy 76.11%

This place looks fantastic I ve had problems with my computer for a while now I hope you can help These are my issues When I open Internet Explorer I get the following message quot Internet Explorer cannot and Windows Update Explorer, Security Internet Log Event display the webpageWhat you can try It appears you are connected to the Internet but you might want to try to reconnect to the Internet quot What I do Internet Explorer, Windows Update and Security Event Log is open the ZoneAlarm User Interface click on a link there and that will get me an Internet Explorer page I can browse through I went to Start gt Control Panel gt Component Services gt Event Viewer gt Internet Explorer, Windows Update and Security Event Log SecurityI found the following quot Special privileges assigned to new logon User Name NETWORK SERVICEDomain NT AUTHORITYLogon ID x x E Privileges SeAuditPrivilegeSeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilegeSeChangeNotifyPrivilege quot What is this Internet Explorer, Windows Update and Security Event Log Should I be worried I can t install the latest Windows XP updates The message I get is The following updates could not be installed KB KB ActiveX KillbitsI use Advanced SystemCare CCleaner and Malware Bytes Ant-Malware None of them detects anything Here s my HiJack This log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system S EvMon exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC WINDOWS system ZCfgSvc exeC WINDOWS system XConfig exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS System Ati evxx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC WINDOWS System HPZipm exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS System tcpsvcs exeC WINDOWS System snmp exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exeC WINDOWS system pctspk exeC Program Files Intel NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC Program Files Windows NT Accessories wordpad exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System dllhost exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Int ernet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt R - URLSearchHook AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - BHO ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker BHO - F D B -DA B- daf- E -DFEE A AA - C Program Files ZoneAlarmSB bar bin SPYBLOCK DLLO - Toolbar ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker - F D B -DA B- daf- E -DFEE A AA - C Program Files ZoneAlarmSB bar bin SPYBLOCK DLLO - Toolbar AVG Security T... Read more

A:Internet Explorer, Windows Update and Security Event Log

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTListIt.txt Will be openedExtra.txt Will be minimizedPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.-------------------------------------------------------------Please be patient and I'd be grateful if you would note the followingThe cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your n... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/295962/internet-explorer-windows-update-and-security-event-log/
Relevancy 76.11%

I contacted MS tech support Wednesday and the support tech was unable to resolve the issue after deleting my update logs and running some utility software. The case was escalated Yesterday, the level two tech indicated that some services were corrupted and just initiated a repair install. I just completed the repair install with all the updates and the issue is still not resolved. My update that keeps failing is also called cumulative security update for internet explorer 11 for windows 7 64-bit (KB3038314)

A:cumulative security update for internet explorer 11 for windows 7

As ThrashZone and Ex_Brit commented: hide them and be done with the annoyance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/367428-cumulative-security-update-internet-explorer-11-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi All,
I'm new member of this forum, sorry if i repost. After my windows 7 64bit Ultimate has been finished update i cannot find Internet Explorer 10 and check in the program files after that directly launch the Internet Explorer in the folder Program
Files and Program Files(x86) still cannot show the Application. Maybe this problem has been posted in here and solved, but i cannot find the specific post for my issues.
Any way thanks for your help :)

Novreza

Relevancy 76.11%

Im running Xp on a dimension and anyways recently we had a Update Unfixable? Not Working Explorer Windows Internet virus infection and upon quot cleaning quot it up we seem to have corrupted some critical files Internet explorer will no longer update we have uninstalled version because it wasnt working correctly getting script errors failing to load every page and now when we try to restore Internet Explorer Unfixable? Windows Update Not Working an older version it says that a more updated version is already installed When we try to go and update from windows update the screen loads and is completely white if we do manage to get to the page our validation fails over and over again This makes is impossible to update our security and or internet explorer anyways if its any help heres my hijack this log Thanks ahead of time for any assistance Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Unable to get Internet Explorer version Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PcCtlCom exeC WINDOWS System tcpsvcs exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN Tmntsrv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system mqsvc exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN TmPfw exeC WINDOWS system mqtgsvc exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PccGuide exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN tmproxy exeC WINDOWS System dllhost exeC WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exeC WINDOWS System snmp exeC WINDOWS system cisvc exeC WINDOWS system cidaemon exeC WINDOWS system cidaemon exeC Program Files hijack this HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http att yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run UserFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -uO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - Extra button PartyPoker com - B FE D - AA - F - C B- A F E - C Program Files PartyGaming PartyPoker RunApp exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem PartyPoker com - B FE D - AA - F - C B- A F E - C Program Files PartyGaming PartyPoker RunApp exeO - DPF B C E-F - A - B -C FEFEC yucsetreg Class - C Program Files Yahoo common yucconfig dllO - DPF - f - bb - d -fa d f a ab Installation Support - C Program Files Yahoo Common Yinsthelper dllO - DPF CD - E - - - C D C B HGPlugin USA Class - http gamedownload ijjimax com gamedownlo GPlugin USA cabO - Winlogon Notify WgaLogon - C WINDOWS O - Service InstallDriver Table Manager IDriverT - Macrovision Corporation - C Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exeO - Service NVIDIA Display Driver Service NVSvc - NVIDIA Corporation - C WINDOWS system nvsvc exeO - Service Trend Micro Central Control Component PcCtlCom - Trend Micro Incorporated - C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PcCtlCom exeO - Service Trend Micro Real-time Service Tmntsrv - Trend Micro Incorporated - C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN Tmntsrv exeO - Service Trend Micro Personal Firewall TmPfw - Trend Micro Inc - C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN TmPfw exeO - Service Trend Micro Proxy Service tmproxy - Trend Micro Inc - C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN tmproxy exe

A:Internet Explorer Unfixable? Windows Update Not Working

Sorry for the delay. If you are still having problems please post a brand new HijackThis log as a reply to this topic. Before posting the log, please make sure you follow all the steps found in this topic:Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis LogPlease also post the problems you are having.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/87596/internet-explorer-unfixable-windows-update-not-working/
Relevancy 76.11%

As the title states This quot Malware quot has stopped Windows Update from running and it doesn t allow me to turn it back on I ve tried starting the service but no luck Also it has giving me random popups from Internet Explorer sometimes when it s not even open I recieved this malware from a program crack Code Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe C Program Files RocketDock Stopped in Malware Windows pop-ups - me gives update Explorer Internet and RocketDock exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Malware - Stopped Windows update and gives me pop-ups in Internet Explorer WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files TuneUp Malware - Stopped Windows update and gives me pop-ups in Internet Explorer Utilities Integrator exe C Program Files TuneUp Utilities RegistryDefrag exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Malware - Stopped Windows update and gives me pop-ups in Internet Explorer Explorer Main Start Page URL http ninemsn com au URL R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId URL R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId URL R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId URL R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId URL R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext URL http windowsupdate microsoft com URL O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run OutpostMonitor C PROGRA Agnitum OUTPOS op mon exe tray noservice O - HKCU Run RocketDock quot C Program Files RocketDock RocketDock exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User 'Default user' O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Send to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem S amp end to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra button Outpost Security Suite Pro Quick Tune - E - B- d -B C - BD A - C Program Files Agnitum Outpost Security Suite Pro ie bar dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS Office REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - AppInit DLLs c progra agnitum outpos wl hook dll O - SharedTaskScheduler COM Service - C DDAC- DA - -AF C- FEAF C - C WINDOWS system winload dll O - Service Agnitum Client Security Service acssrv - Agnitum Ltd - C PROGRA Agnitum OUTPOS acs exe O - Service NVIDIA Display Driver Service NVSvc - NVIDIA Corporation - C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe O - Service TuneUp Drive Defrag Service tuneup defrag - TuneUp Software GmbH - C WINDOWS System TuneUpDefragService exe -- En... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/malware-stopped-windows-update-and-gives-me-pop-ups-in-internet-explorer.738423/
Relevancy 76.11%

I have no icons or start bar the mod name is deskbar dll Does anyone know how to hijack explorer w/update this windows log error fix this please windows explorer error w/update hijack this log Also when I open a web page I get some stack overflow on line and the spyware program with AOHELL gives me a error mod name asee dll Also notced that it only happens when logged into my window does not happen with other log inHere is the hijack log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C winnt System smss exe C winnt system winlogon exe C winnt system services exe C winnt system lsass exe C winnt system Ati evxx exe C winnt system svchost exe C winnt System svchost exe C WINNT system LEXBCES EXE C winnt system spoolsv exe C WINNT system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG Free avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG Free avgupsvc exe C PROGRA VCOM Fix-It mxtask exe C winnt system gearsec exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C winnt System svchost exe C WINNT wanmpsvc exe C winnt system winlogon exe C PROGRA VCOM Fix-It mxtask exe C winnt system taskmgr exe C winnt system wscntfy exe C Program Files America Online c waol exe C Program Files America Online c shellmon exe C Documents and Settings Paul S Nicastro Jr My Documents My downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook AOLTBSearch Class - EA - - DB- F -D CA FB C D - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WTBho Class - FE - E- C -A -F A FE D - C Program Files WinTask Bin TaskBHO dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO IECatcher Class - B BA - E A- D -A - E E EDE - C Program Files Mass Downloader MDHELPER DLL O - BHO no name - FFFFFEF - B - D - D- - C PROGRA Star Downloader SDIEInt dll O - Toolbar MSN Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Game Bar - E BD F- B D- E-C FF-FD B BD D - C WINNT DOWNLO gamebar dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - Toolbar AOL Toolbar - DE C F- - A - B-AA ED D - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll O - HKLM Run Pure Networks Port Magic quot C PROGRA Pure Networks Port Magic PortAOL exe quot -Run O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe quot O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcupdate exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run HostManager C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLHostManager exe O - HKLM RunOnce SpybotSnD quot C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exe quot autocheck O - HKCU Run PopUpStopperFreeEdition quot C PROGRA PANICW POP-UP PSFree exe quot O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - HKCU Run AOL Fast Start quot C Program Files America Online c AOL EXE quot -b O - Startup UAAUS udp lnk disabled O - Global Startup BugDoctor lnk disabled O - Extra context menu item amp AO... Read more

A:windows explorer error w/update hijack this log

http://forums.techguy.org/t397904.html

Closing duplicate, reply there please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-error-w-update-hijack-this-log.397924/
Relevancy 75.68%

Here is the message I get !

Error loading C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetcpl.cpl

The operating system cannot run %1

I have read this is a problem which crops up after a reinstall which I did to try and get IE back after its mysterious disappearance and replacement with the 'no-add ons' IE, while any other information fails to address it properly with a sollution. Can anyone here help?????

A:Windows Update & Internet Explorer (x86) in xp Pro x64 dont work after reinstall

hi, there are a couple of things you can try

1) click start, then run, and type a website such as http://www.google.com

2) go to control panel, click add/remove, click add/remove windows component, make sure ie is check and click next then it will ask to insert xp disk and do so and restart machine afterward.
Make sure only ie is check the rest are unchecked.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-update-and-internet-explorer-x86-in-xp-pro-x64-dont-work-after-reinstall-360188.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi, running Windows 7 x64 SP1 notebook, noticed Windows Update failed and found Internet Explorer LAN proxy server settings had been modified to: 127.0.0.1:8888 which appears to be some form of malware/trojan/virus.

I was able to add Windows Update exceptions to proxy settings and temporarily remove the changes which allowed Windows Update to function properly but the proxy settings in IE were modified again on reboot.

Avast and Malwarebytes don't pick up anything, rebooted in Safe Mode and removed the proxy settings again which hasn't changed again upon reboot but would like to be sure I am clear of or don't have any other infections.

Thanks!

A:Internet Explorer Proxy Server 127.0.0.1 Disables Windows Update

Please follow the instructions in THIS GUIDE starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it HERE. Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/610200/internet-explorer-proxy-server-127001-disables-windows-update/
Relevancy 75.68%

My Windows XP is very slow It is Service Pack When I am trying to update it I cant access the update website I found conflicker with norton utility and I was also running Microsoft Maliscious Software removal but the problem continues Also Internet explorer freezes when I am trying to update and closes down I need help to find what is going on Here is my hijack log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan internet windows, slow, explorer can't update computer freezez saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C can't update windows, computer slow, internet explorer freezez WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system slserv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe can't update windows, computer slow, internet explorer freezez C Program Files Mobile Broadband AssistantServices exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS mHotkey exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C WINDOWS system sistray EXE C WINDOWS system khooker exe C Program Files Mobile Broadband UIExec exe C Program Files CyberLink DVD Solution PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast avastUI exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files PoivY com PoivY PoivY exe C Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare AWC exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C WINDOWS system drwtsn exe C WINDOWS system drwtsn exe C Program Files Uniblue RegistryBooster rbmonitor exe C WINDOWS system drwtsn exe C WINDOWS system drwtsn exe C WINDOWS system drwtsn exe C Documents and Settings Bernadett Barkoczi Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Bernadett Barkoczi Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Bernadett Barkoczi Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Bernadett Barkoczi Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Bernadett Barkoczi Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Bernadett Barkoczi Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http windowsupdate microsoft com O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run CHotkey mHotkey exe O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe O - HKLM Run HTpatch C WINDOWS htpatch exe O - HKLM Run SiS Tray C WINDOWS system sistray EXE O - HKLM Run SiS KHooker C WINDOWS system khooker exe O - HKLM Run UIExec quot C Program Files Mobile Broadband UIExec exe quot O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink DVD Solution PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run avast quot C Program Files Alwil Software Avast avastUI exe quot nogui O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run Skype quot C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe quot nosplash minimized O - HKCU Run PoivY quot C Program Files PoivY com PoivY PoivY exe quot -nosplash -minimized O - HKCU Run Google Update quot C Documents and Settings Bernadett Barkoczi Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exe quot c O - HKCU Run Advanced SystemCare quot C Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare AWC exe quot startup O - HKCU Run RegistryBooster quot C Program Files Uniblue RegistryBooster launcher exe... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-update-windows-computer-slow-internet-explorer-freezez.966388/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello, I bought a new Dell Laptop 2 weeks ago, and I recently was using the internet just fine, Then I installed Firefox 3 and browsers won't connect,
Mozilla says it is Vista, And Microsoft says its Mozilla!
The error when I try to update windows is Code80072EFD, So everything from Microsoft tells me is to disable Firewalls, and I have completely installed COMODO, and disabled Windows Firewall. But It CANT be COMODO since Everything was working fine until last night when I installed Firefox 3.
Bitlord and MSN still work and connect to the internet but Explorers won't work. I don't get it..

So, To sum it all up: Internet working fine with COMODO Firewall, Installed Firefox 3 and No Internet explorer or Firefox working, nor does windows update, However, MSN and Bitlord still connect and work.

I don't know what other info anyone helping might need.

Any help will be grateful,
Thanks you

Dezzy8

A:Firefox 3, Windows Update, Internet Explorer Wont Connect

Firefox 3 is different from Firefox 2 - so Comodo may need new rules for it.

Programs that can cause this error include firewalls, anti-spyware software, web accelerators, Internet security or antivirus programs, and proxy servers.

I'd review all of the rules that Comodo has to see if Port 80 is open, and see if IE and Firefox are allowed access.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/153023/firefox-3-windows-update-internet-explorer-wont-connect/
Relevancy 75.68%

A couple months ago my PC had an infection of some sort Anti-virus and malware did nto seem to do the trick so I did a system recovery Everything was loaded again and seemed to be workign fine Just recently similar issues have appeared I m running Windows XP ver sp Zonealarm Internet Security Suite ver Malwarebytes Anti-malware Spybot Search amp Destroy I have received the following alert fairly regularly Generic Host Process for Win Services has encountered a problem and needs to close We are sorry for the inconvenience Yesterday I had the Windows Task Bar do some strange things like change it s quot skin quot and font Today I cannot access Windows Update or Microsoft update Internet Explorer hangs regularly Sometimes it will try to load but Update & Won't Internet Explorer Hangs Windows/Microsoft Work won t Sometimes it will load partially Sometimes it will load with an alert saying last time it closed unexpectly and would I like to Internet Explorer Hangs & Windows/Microsoft Update Won't Work restore my last session or go to my home page When it Internet Explorer Hangs & Windows/Microsoft Update Won't Work loads partially it Internet Explorer Hangs & Windows/Microsoft Update Won't Work can be difficlut to close the window and I find many occurances of iexplorer exe running in the Task Manager Here is my HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField IswSvc exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI eEBSVC exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS arservice exe C WINDOWS system bgsvcgen exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Flip Video FlipShare FlipShareService exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS ARPWRMSG EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPwuSchd exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACDaemon exe C PROGRA EPSONS EVENTM EEventManager exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C WINDOWS diskperfm exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare AWC exe C Program Files Compaq Connections Program Compaq Connections exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ArcCon ac C Program Files Microsoft Broadband Networking MSBNTray exe C Program Files Network Associates PGP PGPtray exe C Program Files Panasonic PHOTOfunSTUDIO PhAutoRun exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C WINDOWS stivendor exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm MailFrontier mantispm exe C Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField ForceField exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe c windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C... Read more

A:Internet Explorer Hangs & Windows/Microsoft Update Won't Work

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:
Download DDS and save it to your desktop

Link1
Link2
Link3

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:
DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.extract RKUnhooker to your desktop
Note** it is zipped up in a .rar file - If you do not have a program to unzip this type of file
you can get a free one from here - http://www.7-zip.org/Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?""just click on Cancel, then Accept".information and logs:In your next post I need the following1.logs from DDS2.log from RKUnHooker3.let me know of any problems you may have had[/list]Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/358534/internet-explorer-hangs-windowsmicrosoft-update-wont-work/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi,

I am having problems installing the update in the subject cited as I keep getting the message below, even after repeated attempts:.

"The Version of Internet Explorer You Have Installed Does Not Match The Update You Are Trying To Install"

( You may also view the screen shot attached )

And the IE7 setup version Ihave is

IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu , File Version 6.2.29.0

Coudl someone help me with the installation of the security update?

Thanks

A:Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP (KB963027)

Try to manually install/reinstall IE 7, reboot, and run update.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cumulative-security-update-for-internet-explorer-7-for-windows-xp-kb963027-377048.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I see there is another Windows Update problem posted - maybe there is a general problem - CP Newsgroups service also not cannot Windows - Microsoft IE8 display XP webpage Explorer SP3 - Internet Update available Hope someone can help For the last few days I have been unable to perform a manual Microsoft Update as I always get the Internet Explorer cannot display webpage message as soon as it tries to connect I can access other sites and Diagnose Connection Problems shows there is no connection issue I found a one-click fix on the Microsoft Answers site and have done this in Microsoft Windows Update - Internet Explorer cannot display webpage - XP SP3 IE8 default and aggressive mode with antivirus NOD and firewall Online Armor disabled but it has made no difference I thought it might be incompatibility with OpenDNS as I Microsoft Windows Update - Internet Explorer cannot display webpage - XP SP3 IE8 have recently started using this but when I disabled it on my router i e back to Obtain DNS automatically instead of the OpenDNS IP addresses I still get the same thing So I don t think it s that as I am otherwise using OpenDNS successfully Interestingly on two occasions when I changed the http to https update microsoft com windowsupdate v default aspx it has worked but I this is surely not how it should work Can someone please help I am copying the last of today s entries in WindowsUpdate log in the hope that someone can spot the problem I doubt that it is malware Malwarebytes etc show nothing - - Misc Logging initialized build tz - - Misc Process C WINDOWS system MsiExec exe - - Misc Module C WINDOWS system wuapi dll - - COMAPI ------------- - - COMAPI -- START -- COMAPI Search ClientId lt NULL gt - - COMAPI --------- - - b c Agent - - COMAPI lt lt -- SUBMITTED -- COMAPI Search ClientId lt NULL gt - - b c Agent START Agent Finding updates CallerId - - b c Agent - - b c Agent Online Yes Ignore download priority No - - b c Agent Criteria quot RebootRequired quot - - b c Agent ServiceID - - - - - - b c Agent Search Scope Machine - - b c Misc Validating signature for C WINDOWS SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C muv wuredir cab - - b c Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - b c Misc Validating signature for C WINDOWS SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C muv wuredir cab - - b c Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - b c Agent Checking for updated auth cab for service f -a - - - a d efe d at http update microsoft com v microsoftupdate redir MUAuth cab - - b c Misc Validating signature for C WINDOWS SoftwareDistribution AuthCabs authcab cab - - b c Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - b c Misc Validating signature for C WINDOWS SoftwareDistribution AuthCabs authcab cab - - b c Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - b c Misc Validating signature for C WINDOWS SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F -A - - - A D EFE D muv muredir cab - - b c Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - b c Misc Validating signature for C WINDOWS SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F -A - - - A D EFE D muv muredir cab - - b c Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - b c PT PT Synchronizing server updates - - b c PT ServiceId F -A - - - A D EFE D Server URL https update microsoft com v ClientWebService client asmx - - b c Agent WARNING Failed to evaluate Installed rule updateId A C BD- C- C - DA - DDE DBB E hr E - - b c Agent WARNING Failed to evaluate Installed rule updateId D A A - FE- -B - EB E EF hr E - - b c Misc Validating signature for C WINDOWS SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F -A - - - A D EFE D muv muredir cab - - b c Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - b c Misc Validating signature for C WINDOWS SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F -A - - - A D EFE D muv muredir cab - - b c Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - b c PT PT Synchronizing extended update info - - b c PT ServiceId F -A - - - A D EFE D Server URL https update microsoft com v ClientWebService client asmx - - b c Agent Found updates and categories in search evaluated appl rules of out of deployed entities - - b c Agent - - b c Agent END Agent Finding updat... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-windows-update-internet-explorer-cannot-display-webpage-xp-sp3-ie8.842590/
Relevancy 75.68%

Okay I just had my son build me a new coimputer and installed my windows xp pro on it and downloaded sp3 everything went fine and then I got a messge that I had an update to install whic is the title of this thread and it fails and gives me an error code. Whats going on and what do I need to do to fix this. Your help would be appreciated very much.

A:Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP (KB961260

YOu have to post here the exact error message and associated code when the update fails so that someone can look it up for you on the MS website or on google and suggest solutions to resolve the issue. Also take a look at the section "how to obtain help and support..." on this website.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cumulative-security-update-for-internet-explorer-7-for-windows-xp-kb961260-350198.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi running Windows x SP notebook noticed Windows Update failed and found Internet Explorer LAN proxy server settings had been modified to which appears to be some form of malware trojan virus I was able to add Windows Update exceptions to proxy settings and temporarily remove the changes which allowed Windows Update to function properly Server Update 127.0.0.1 Explorer Internet Windows Disables Proxy but the proxy settings in IE were modified again on reboot Avast and Malwarebytes don't pick up anything rebooted in Safe Mode and removed the proxy settings again which hasn't changed again upon reboot but would like to be sure Internet Explorer Proxy Server 127.0.0.1 Disables Windows Update I am clear of or don't have any other infections I don't have an issue with Firefox which is my default browser I posted in the Am I Infected What do I do http www bleepingcomputer com forums t internet-explorer-proxy-server- -disables-windows-update p and followed the instructions give there to run Farbar and post the logs here Thanks for the assistance nbsp Addition Internet Explorer Proxy Server 127.0.0.1 Disables Windows Update txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp FRST txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads

A:Internet Explorer Proxy Server 127.0.0.1 Disables Windows Update

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Press the windows key + r on your keyboard at the same time. This will open the RUN BOX.Type Notepad and and click the OK key.Please copy the entire contents of the code box below to the a new file. start
CreateRestorePoint:
EmptyTemp:
CloseProcesses:
RemoveProxy:

HKLM-x32\...\Run: [] => [X]
CHR HKU\S-1-5-21-1139747661-3720200840-1728026816-1004\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google: Restriction <======= ATTENTION
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer: Restriction <======= ATTENTION
HKU\S-1-5-21-1139747661-3720200840-1728026816-1004\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer: Restriction <======= ATTENTION
HKU\S-1-5-21-1139747661-3720200840-1728026816-1004\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = hxxps://www.duckduckgo.com/
SearchScopes: HKLM -> DefaultScope value is missing
SearchScopes: HKLM -> {b7fca997-d0fb-4fe0-8afd-255e89cf9671} URL = hxxp://search.yahoo.com/search?p={searchTerms}&ei={inputEncoding}&fr=chr-hp-psg&type=HPNTDF
SearchScopes: HKLM -> {d43b3890-80c7-4010-a95d-1e77b5924dc3} URL = hxxp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search?search={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> DefaultScope value is missing
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> {b7fca997-d0fb-4fe0-8afd-255e89cf9671} URL = hxxp://search.yahoo.com/search?p={searchTerms}&ei={inputEncoding}&fr=chr-hp-psg&type=HPNTDF
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> {d43b3890-80c7-4010-a95d-1e77b5924dc3} URL = hxxp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search?search={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-1139747661-3720200840-1728026816-1004 -> DefaultScope {3098ECB2-F559-4DCE-A248-0D449DBB5C64} URL = hxxps://duckduckgo.com/?q={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-1139747661-3720200840-1728026816-1004 -> {3098ECB2-F559-4DCE-A248-0D449DBB5C64} URL = hxxps://duckduckgo.com/?q={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-1139747661-3720200840-1728026816-1004 -> {d43b3890-80c7-4010-a95d-1e77b5924dc3} URL = hxxp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search?search={searchTerms}
FF DefaultSearchEngine.US: DuckDuckGo
FF Homepage: hxxps://duckduckgo.com/
FF Plugin: @microsoft.com/GENUINE -> disabled [No File]
FF Plugin-x32: @java.com/DTPlugin,version=11.66.2 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_66\bin\dtplugin\npDeployJava1.dll [No File]
FF Plugin-x32: @java.com/JavaPlugin,version=11.66.2 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_66\bin\plugin2\npjp2.dll [No File]
FF Plugin-x32: @microsoft.com/GENUINE -> disabled [No File]
FF Plugin-x32: @tools.google.com/Google Update;version=3 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\1.3.29.1\npGoogleUpdate3.dll [No File]
FF Plugin-x32: @tools.google.com/Google Update;version=9 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\1.3.29.1\npGoogleUpdate3.dll [No File]
CHR HKLM-x32\...\Chrome\Extension: [eofcbnmajmjmplflapaojjnihcjkigck] - C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\WebRep\Chrome\aswWebRepChromeSp.crx [2016-02-04]
CHR HKLM-x32\...\Chrome\Extension: [gomekmidlodglbbmalcneegieacbdmki] - C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\WebRep\Chrome\aswWebRepChrome.crx [2016-02-04]
S3 CpqDfw; system32\drivers\CpqDfw.sys [X]
S3 efavdrv; \??\C:\Windows\system32\drivers\efavdrv.sys [X]
S2 VBoxAswDrv; \??\C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\ng\vbox\VBoxAswDrv.sys [X]

End
Save the file as fixlist.txt in the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.The location is listed in the 3rd line of the Farbar log you have submitted.Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.Restart the computer normally to reset the registry.The tool will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on Ad... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/610313/internet-explorer-proxy-server-127001-disables-windows-update/
Relevancy 75.25%

Greetings fellow Windows enthusiasts I was asked to update our Windows R server from IE to IE and it will not install properly nbsp I have looked up several solutions to this issue so far nothing has worked I disabled McAfee HBSS in safe mode restarted the PC and tried to run Windows Update managed by a WSUS server update/install Server an 2008 11 How R2 9C49? after or Internet can Microsoft error fails 9C47 on getting you code it Explorer nbsp The update gets approved and pushed out to the R server nbsp It downloads IE tries to install then fails How can you update/install Internet Explorer 11 on Microsoft Server 2008 R2 after it fails getting an error code 9C47 or 9C49? errors-out at the last second nbsp I have tried this a few times rebooted and either get error code C or C nbsp Some of the fixes I have tried How can you update/install Internet Explorer 11 on Microsoft Server 2008 R2 after it fails getting an error code 9C47 or 9C49? I turned of internet connectivity and the anti-virus that did not workI tried the Windows Update repair tool that did not work nbsp I tried the Windows System Readiness tool that did not work nbsp nbsp I tried to scan the system files for errors with sfc scannow and that did not work nbsp I tried installing the other updates first restarting and it still fails nbsp I removed the server from WSUS and re-added it and it will not update nbsp nbsp I tried the stand-alone IE installer and it fails at the very last step and then gives me an error with a link to troubleshoot IE installations nbsp nbsp I have uninstalled IE and now am totally stuck with the absolutely horrible experience of IE nbsp SURT returns no errorsSFC returns no errors Technical information I have checked the Windows Update log file the last errors that I found were as follows - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CSI nbsp nbsp nbsp b CSI Transaction x be initialized for deployment engine d d c- d - d - d- c b with flags and client id quot TI Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-Package-TopLevel bf ad e amd quot - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Exec Resolving Package Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-VistaPlus-Update bf ad e amd Update Internet-Explorer-amd - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Exec Resolving Package Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-VistaPlus-Update bf ad e amd Update Internet-Explorer-amd PinDeployment amd microsoft-windows-i explorer-deployment bf ad e none e e - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CSI nbsp nbsp nbsp c Performing operations are not lock unlock and follow nbsp AddCat flags catfile x b - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CSI nbsp nbsp nbsp d Performing operations are not lock unlock and follow nbsp Stage flags app Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-Deployment Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral comp null man x b - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CSI nbsp nbsp nbsp e Stage component failed manifest does not match previously staged manifest for identity - - Error nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CSI nbsp nbsp nbsp f F d win sp gdr base wcp componentstore csd transact cpp Error STATUS SXS MANIFEST IDENTITY SAME BUT CONTENTS DIFFERENT originated in function CCSDirectTransaction StageComponent expression null gle x - - Error nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CSI nbsp nbsp nbsp F STATUS SXS MANIFEST IDENTITY SAME BUT CONTENTS DIFFERENT from CCSDirectTransaction OperateEnding at index of operations disposition gle xd c ... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b3ec5e92-9b91-486b-a422-799aa18a7128/how-can-you-updateinstall-internet-explorer-11-on-microsoft-server-2008-r2-after-it-fails-getting?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 75.25%

I purchased a new notebook with Windows 7 in October. During the first weeks I uninstalled McAfee and replaced the harddrive. Since November Windows Update fails with error messages and defender does not start anymore. I made several virus scans (complete) with multiple antivirus programs but nothing showed up.Since it took my days to install various software, I do not want to re-install W7. I also have no good backup that I could restore. I am really surprised that there is not even a single entry regarding the error code in the Microsoft Knowledge base or elsewhere.I really would appreciate help. 

A:Windows Update does not work, Windows Standalone Update Installer stops with error 0xc8000247 (Windows 7 Home Premium on Acer Aspire 1810TZ notebook)

Got it !!!!
If You are using notebooks with with hard drive larger than 700 GB you probably should update Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver.
Here is solution :
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02219204&cc=nl&lc=en&dlc=en&product
Download and install it.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3b716d4c-fb5f-411b-9aee-38af1c529336/windows-update-does-not-work-windows-standalone-update-installer-stops-with-error-0xc8000247?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 74.82%

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 9 for Windows Vista (KB2559049)
Installation date: ‎18/‎08/‎2011 10:08
Installation status: Failed
Error details: Code 80070005
Update type: Important
Security issues have been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise a system that is running Microsoft Internet Explorer and gain control over it. You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.
More information:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=221946
Help and Support:
Microsoft Support

Why o why is Microsoft so slapdash with its updates. The error code I am getting covers everything under the sun and offers no solutions to the problem.
I am so fed up following so many leads from its advice pages but can never get to resolving the problem. Is there anyone anywhere that has overcome this problem.
I am running Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit IE9.0.1

Thanks

A:Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 9 for Windows Vista (KB2559049)

I can't help as I would also like to know the answer, but I can reassure you that you are not the only one with this problem.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/292066-cumulative-security-update-internet-explorer-9-windows-vista-kb2559049.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I'm running Windows 7 x86_64 architecture, and I am trying to install Internet Explorer 10 via the Windows Update service (currently I have Internet Explorer 8 installed). This update is continually failing with a 9C59 error (screenshot attached). I have tried to update to Internet Explorer 10 manually via the .exe to install Internet Explorer 10 and it also fails (as does, IE 9).

I have also attached the C:\Windows\Logs\CBS directory as a .zip file. From this, it seems as though some repair files are missing, although I can't quite figure out where these are supposed to be, or from which package/update they should have been installed from.

Any help appreciated,
Jon

A:Windows Update failed to install Internet Explorer 10 - Code 9C59

The problem seems to be very deep-rooted.
There are C results in your files - but the CBS.log reveals the following error

Code:
Pin (3): flags: 0 tlc: [Microsoft-Windows-ImageBasedSetup-IE-Base-Deployment-Downlevel-LanguagePack, Version = 6.2.9200.16521, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture = [l:10{5}]"en-US", VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral]) ref: ( flgs: 00000000 guid: {d16d444c-56d8-11d5-882d-0080c847b195} name: [l:326{163}]"Microsoft-Windows-ImageBasedSetup-IE-Package-Base-Downlevel~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~en-US~6.2.9200.16521.Microsoft-Windows-ImageBasedSetup-IE-Package-Base-Downlevel" ncdata: [l:0]"") thumbprint: [l:128{64}]"b691ff0ae0d6ef5035b67c9f9e97a062dc3a88fbf6e1a144209c26be94d5ccd2"
2013-08-09 18:59:20, Info CSI 00000024 Component change list:
2013-08-09 18:59:20, Info CSI 00000025 Couldn't find the hash of component: Microsoft-Windows-IE-IEShims, Version = 10.2.9200.16635, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the catalog [l:192{96}]"\SystemRoot\WinSxS\Catalogs\41f8d72a79f78879f1562ac60358fe1bb87d573fa345bf3a7a35765e101ce5ef.cat".
2013-08-09 18:59:20, Error CSI 00000026@2013/8/9:10:59:20.258 (F) d:\win7sp1_gdr\base\wcp\componentstore\csd_winners.cpp(1302): Error 80092004 [Warning,Facility=FACILITY_NTSSPI,Code=8196 (0x2004)] originated in function CCSDirectTransaction::AddImplicationsToCatalogsAndVerifyComponentHashes expression: (null)
[gle=0x80004005]
2013-08-09 18:59:20, Error CSI 00000027 (F) 80092004 [Warning,Facility=FACILITY_NTSSPI,Code=8196 (0x2004)] #154986# from CCSDirectTransaction::PrepareForCommit(...)[gle=0x90092004]
2013-08-09 18:59:20, Error CSI 00000028 (F) 80092004 [Warning,Facility=FACILITY_NTSSPI,Code=8196 (0x2004)] #154985# from CCSDirectTransaction::ExamineTransaction(...)[gle=0x90092004]
2013-08-09 18:59:20, Error CSI 00000029 (F) 80092004 [Warning,Facility=FACILITY_NTSSPI,Code=8196 (0x2004)] #154984# from CCSDirectTransaction_IRtlTransaction::ExamineTransaction(...)[gle=0x90092004]
2013-08-09 18:59:20, Error CSI 0000002a (F) CRYPT_E_NOT_FOUND #154736# from Windows::COM::CPendingTransaction::IStorePendingTransaction_Analyze(...)[gle=0x80092004]
2013-08-09 18:59:20, Error CSI 0000002b (F) CRYPT_E_NOT_FOUND #154213# from Windows::ServicingAPI::CCSITransaction::ICSITransaction_Commit(Flags = 38 (0x00000026), pSink = NULL, disp = 0, coldpatching = FALSE)[gle=0x80092004]
2013-08-09 18:59:20, Error CSI 0000002c (F) CRYPT_E_NOT_FOUND #154212# 361514 us from Windows::ServicingAPI::CCSITransaction_ICSITransaction::Commit(flags = 0x00000026, pSink = NULL, disp = 0)
[gle=0x80092004]
2013-08-09 18:59:20, Error CBS Exec: Failed to commit CSI transaction to resolve execution chain. [HRESULT = 0x80092004 - CRYPT_E_NOT_FOUND]
2013-08-09 18:59:20, Info CSI 0000002d@2013/8/9:10:59:20.386 CSI Transaction @0x1fb9c90 destroyed
2013-08-09 18:59:20, Info CBS Perf: Resolve chain complete.
2013-08-09 18:59:20, Info CBS Failed to resolve execution chain. [HRESULT = 0x80092004 - CRYPT_E_NOT_FOUND]
2013-08-09 18:59:20, Error CBS Failed to process single phase execution. [HRESULT = 0x80092004 - CRYPT_E_NOT_FOUND]
It's an error type that I would have expected CheckSUR to find - but it appears to miss it.

I;m not sure whether it's a registry error or a file srror at this point - and I can't do much until at least Friday evening (Tom, please take that as an invite to take over! )

I'll be back when I can - post back if you don't hear from me by Saturday

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/300610-windows-update-failed-install-internet-explorer-10-code-9c59.html
Relevancy 74.82%

im not sure what the Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 is for but i downloaded it anyway, heres the link if anyone would like to check it out: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...cb-5e5d-48f5-b02b-20b602228de6&displaylang=en

and i downloaded the Security Update for Windows XP (KB912919), heres the link also: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...96-57ae-499e-b89b-215b7bb4d8e9&displaylang=en

A:Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1? and Security Update for Windows XP (KB912919)

IE SP1 is basically an overhaul of the IE system *guesses you have 2000 or below* updating it from IE 5 to IE 6, with all the included security additions and feature add-ons.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-explorer-6-service-pack-1-and-security-update-for-windows-xp-kb912919.436347/
Relevancy 74.82%

I'm using WIN XP, SP3. Last week I caved to the inevitable and removed Windows IE7 from my computer using Add/Remove programs. I've double-checked and can't see any IE installed on my system and now I'm a happy, dedicated Firefox 7 user. Problem is, Windows keeps sending me a Security Update for IE6 that I can't get rid of: Security Update for Internet Explorer 6 - KB972260. Every time it does I uncheck the update listing and check the box that says "don't show this to me again" - but it keeps coming back. I can't find this problem mentioned anywhere else so am looking for help here. How can I permanently disable this unwanted update offering?

A:How do I get rid of unwanted and unneeded Windows Security Update for Internet Explorer KB972260

Because you can't uninstall IE. It will screw up your computer. You don't have to use it but you have to have it. That's not the answer you want but it's the correct answer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/428531/how-do-i-get-rid-of-unwanted-and-unneeded-windows-security-update-for-internet-explorer-kb972260/
Relevancy 74.82%

I am using WindowsXP Pro with service pack The main problem is I cannot connect to secure web sites like Gmail and hotmail or download from secure sources like Windows Update or Battle net they both send back error messages All other websites are accessible I ve called my ISP and we tried everything they knew It has to be a problem on cannot web Internet explorer Windows including Update. secure display sites, my side I ve done three different virus scans all with updates that follow the date on which the problems began I ve done several Internet explorer cannot display secure web sites, including Windows Update. spyware and adware scans too Everything s clean I did the HiJackThis scan and this is what I got Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C WINDOWS System inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NPROTECT EXE C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINDOWS System tcpsvcs exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C PROGRA NORTON SPEEDD nopdb exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Mouse point exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System devldr exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files WinAce WinAce exe C Program Files WinAce WinAce exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop Sack o Crap HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http forum teamxbox com forumdisplay php s amp forumid R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride windowsupdate microsoft com v windowsupdate microsoft com download windowsupdate com R - URLSearchHook no name - CFBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Web assistant - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run POINTER C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Mouse point exe O - HKLM Run URLLSTCK exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security UrlLstCk exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run SSC UserPrompt C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center UsrPrmpt exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel present O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks html O - Extra context menu item Cached Sna... Read more

A:Internet explorer cannot display secure web sites, including Windows Update.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-explorer-cannot-display-secure-web-sites-including-windows-update.268788/
Relevancy 74.82%

Okay, in a previous post I talked about how nothing worked, I couldn't open files, use internet explorer, anything. So, out of frustration I did a complete reformat. Everything is great now, except that Windows Update still won't work and sometimes freezes my computer, Internet Explorer does the same, as does Yahoo Messenger. I have run Registry Mechanic, Ad-Aware, Updated Norton and did a complete virus scan, all with no problems. I am really frustrated now. Can someone tell me what might be causing this? I was thinking possibly a software conflict, but that's just an uneducated guess and was hoping someone a little more knowledgeable could shed some light on the problem for me!

Thanks in advance!!!

A:Windows Update, Internet Explorer, and Yahoo Messenger freeze computer

What kind of softwares did you install following the fresh install of windows ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-update-internet-explorer-and-yahoo-messenger-freeze-computer-67763.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi all I've been trying to tackle this problem for a few hours. This is a WIndows XP SP3 Pro machine.
The issues is when the term "windows update" together without the space is found somewhere in the browser or URL it will take my browser to Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage error.

I have Norton Antivirus I ran a full scan. I installed Microsoft Essential ran a full scan. Installed Spybot ran full scan. Install Malware Bytes ran full scan. I unregistered some wu....dll files. I ran trojan remover. I created a new user account. I reset the TCP/IP stack. I installed Firefox and chrome. All to end in failure I don't know where to start but any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Windows Update Internet Explorer Cannot display the webpage Windows XP SP3

First of all, you've told us pretty much everything except the problem. Second, if you now have two anti virus utilities active, disable or uninstall one of them.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/375099/windows-update-internet-explorer-cannot-display-the-webpage-windows-xp-sp3/
Relevancy 74.39%

When I try to update my windows Windows XP Home It says quot Checking for the latest version of the windows update software quot Then a error comes up quot Microsoft Internet Explorer Your current security settings prohibit ActiveX controls on this page As the result the page may not be displayed correctly quot Click Ok and this appears on the page quot Administrators Only To install items from Windows Update you must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group If your computer is connected to a network network policy settings may also prevent you from completing this procedure Note If you are running a Windows except DataCenter Windows XP or Windows Server operating system you can run the local administrator account on your computer without having to log off and then log on again To run as the local administrator in Windows XP 6 Solved: Windows Can't Explorer Windows, Internet Update SP1 or SP1 Install or Windows Server Click Start and then click All Programs or right-click Windows Update if it is available Right-click Windows Update Click Run as on the menu that appears Do one of the following Enter the password for the administrator Enter the user name domain Solved: Can't Update Windows, Install Windows SP1 or Internet Explorer 6 SP1 name and password of a different user account that has administrative permissions on this computer To run as the local administrator in Windows Click Start right-click Windows Update and then click Run As on the menu that appears Do one of the following Enter the password for the administrator Enter the user name domain name and password of Solved: Can't Update Windows, Install Windows SP1 or Internet Explorer 6 SP1 a different user account that has administrative permissions on this computer If the option to run as the local administrator is not available Click Start right-click Windows Update and then click Properties Click the Shortcut tab and then select the Run as different user check box You can also get online support if you are having problems with Windows Update quot I m runing Administrator for the computer and the ActiveX problem the error that comes up I m trying to fix with this windows update All ActiveX controls are set to Enable I have tried to fix the ActiveX controls by re-installing Internet Explorer SP but when installing a windows error comes up something about this program is not digitally signed and must be exited This error also comes up when trying to install Windows XP SP How can I fix this major Problem nbsp

A:Solved: Can't Update Windows, Install Windows SP1 or Internet Explorer 6 SP1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-update-windows-install-windows-sp1-or-internet-explorer-6-sp1.155095/
Relevancy 74.39%

I can't install uninstall or update Internet Explorer Errors from windows update Code C amp Code C I've been trying literally for days straight from the time I get up to the time I go to sleep to try to fix this I don't usually post on forums about this type of thing but I really need to fix this Internet Explorer is of course pre-installed on my OS A new job I'm Problem 7 64bit Windows Windows Update and Explorer Internet a freelancer requires me to use Internet Explorer to activate a program Autodesk dsmax -- the activation screen doesn't show up In any case thats another problem all together but to fix that I need to fix Internet Explorer and to fix Internet Explorer I need to fix the Windows Updater amp to fix that I do what I've tried every single thing possible So I'm probably going to need a more customized Windows 7 64bit Internet Explorer and Windows Update Problem solution I'm not sure what could fix my specific problem Extremely sorry to have to ask for help amp thank you in advance Even if it can't be fixed I'm extremely grateful for any help or advice that can be given Its important I find a way to fix this fast since I'm so behind on work now so even if theres a regular user that has any good information - anything thats fairly well hidden tips tricks anything -- I'd be really happy to hear it

A:Windows 7 64bit Internet Explorer and Windows Update Problem

Here's the summary from the CheckSUR scan....

Code:
Summary:
Seconds executed: 508
Found 12354 errors
CSI Manifest and S256H Do Not Match Total count: 1
CSI Manifest Failed Catalog Check Total count: 2
CBS Watchlist Package Missing Total count: 9940
CBS Watchlist Component Missing Total count: 2411
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-htmlediting_31bf3856ad364e35_9.4.8112.20562_none_bd26850e2f45b084.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-i..nternetcontrolpanel_31bf3856ad364e35_9.4.8112.20562_none_043741b73db97c07.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-i..etexplorer-optional_31bf3856ad364e35_9.4.8112.16455_none_0d382bff807e43ae.manifest
I really don't see any alternative to a repair install there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/307273-windows-7-64bit-internet-explorer-windows-update-problem.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello,
Actualy i have some machines of Windows 7 64bit  SP1 in our infrastructure, on this i try to install update Windows6.1-KB2731771-x64 ;
It should be installed, but get error, "The update not applicable to your computer".

It was dowloaded manually, double clicked..
It can be globally problem or "bug" of that update, this KB included for IE11 prerequisites.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/66c518d0-3d6c-4980-bc1a-12ab9cdb9828/windows-update-cannot-be-installed-into-windows-7-kb2731771x64-for-internet-explorer-11?forum=w7itproappcompat
Relevancy 74.39%

When I try to install KB3182373, a "Security Update for Microsoft Silverlight", Windows Update reports failure with the message "Code 643 Windows Update encountered an unknown error".
I ran WindowsUpdateDiagnostic.diagcab. It reported that "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem".
What can I do to fix this? I'm running Windows 7 Professional.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ab3e30fe-b420-45f1-b3b0-9fd7f93fbe5a/windows-update-fails-when-installing-kb3182373-code-643-windows-update-encountered-an-unknown?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 73.96%

Reinstalled operating system using Vista Ultimate.  After Service Pack 2 is installed, I am no longer able to get Windows Updates.  Internet Explorer 9 was installed June 2016.  Is there a fix to this problem?  Thanks.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f6f79f9d-0616-4b49-8475-c16a77411690/windows-update-not-working-internet-explorer-newly-installed-june-2016?forum=ieitprocurrentver