Windows Support Forum

Win 7 - IE9 & IE10 update failure (Code 9C48)

Q: Win 7 - IE9 & IE10 update failure (Code 9C48)

Problem originally started when trying to complete a Windows Update to install IE10 -- had connection issues due to my router and needless to say, the install failed... miserably. Kept trying to reinstall IE10 through Windows Update, and also manually, to no avail.

Strangely enough, I could open IE, though not be able to use any of the toolbar menus or type in any address in the URL bar without it crashing.

IE10 was not showing in the installed update list, however IE9 was. Tried uninstalling IE9 and have gotten myself into an even bigger mess. Now, IE10 IS showing in the installed update list but the system is requesting that I install IE9. Still fails just as before with the resulting 'Code 9C48'. Can also still open IE but get the same type of crash as before.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Win 7 - IE9 & IE10 update failure (Code 9C48)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Win 7 - IE9 & IE10 update failure (Code 9C48)

You have some major registry corruption.

Code:
Summary:
Seconds executed: 1923
Found 586 errors
CBS MUM Corrupt Total count: 2
CSI Missing Winning Component Key Total count: 584
This seems to be a fairly comprehensive listing of the IE9 entries.

It's not feasible to attempt to fix that manually - your only real option is going to be a repair install of Windows, followed by reinstalling IE9, and updating fully before attempting IE10 again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/299268-win-7-ie9-ie10-update-failure-code-9c48.html
Relevancy 17.2%

AMD has launched their first WQHL-certified Catalyst graphics card driver update since December 2014, bringing a heap of new features and performance updates across the board, as well as the usual array of bug fixes.

Read more

A:AMD launches major GPU driver update: Catalyst 15.7 WHQL

I have played with the CFX and Freesync support on the Acer 1440p 144hz monitor. Works great and makes me want to actually own a Freesync monitor now...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-launches-major-gpu-driver-update-catalyst-15-7-whql.216359/
Relevancy 17.2%

I have a Razer BlackWidow keyboard Recently I downloaded and installed the latest version of Razer s Synapse on update keys swapped firmware Razer BlackWidow to try and fix this issue I was having with my Naga Lo and behold my Naga issues Razer firmware update swapped keys on BlackWidow were fixed but another problem emerged The new version of Synapse added support for the BlackWidow and also upgraded the firmware But after the upgrade my Windows and Alt keys have been swapped so when Razer firmware update swapped keys on BlackWidow I press one I get the other The only way I ve been able to fix it so far is to use SharpKeys to switch the keys back around but when I connect another keyboard that keyboard now has its Windows and Alt keys swapped It s not that big Razer firmware update swapped keys on BlackWidow of a deal but I do swap to a quieter keyboard late at night from time-to-time and I would really prefer to have it fixed without having to rely on a workaround like this I ve check around and I can t find any information about this issue and Razer s support website is completely useless as usual Likewise I haven t had any luck so far with downgrading the firmware either Does anybody have any idea on what I could do particularly other BlackWidow owners nbsp

A:Razer firmware update swapped keys on BlackWidow

Can't you just go into Synapse and assign the Windows key to the Alt key and vice versa? All the keys are programmable and hopefully this wouldn't affect your other keyboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/razer-firmware-update-swapped-keys-on-blackwidow.182990/
Relevancy 17.2%

I have a Gateway NE56R and ever since I updated to windows 8.1 I cannot use the internet at home even though it says it is connected to WiFi, but it works at other places. Please help asap

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-ne56r-wifi-doesnt-work-at-home-after-windows-8-1-update.212135/
Relevancy 17.63%

The impending launch of DirectX 12 is one of the more exciting things to happen in PC gaming in recent years. Many people are eager to see how the low level API will improve the performance of games that implement...

Read more

A:You can now test DirectX 12 yourself with latest 3DMark update

This is way windows is doomed. DirectX 12 should be available for win 7-10, but MS is so greedy, they cant seem to understand why they are disliked and windows will evientaly be destroyed by Google. Just look at there market share. I betting big on SteamOS, and once it takes off, I will take the jump. Windows is now to bloated, and with greed, I hope all backers back Vulkan. DX12 on Win 10 only has officially broke the camel back.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/you-can-now-test-directx-12-yourself-with-latest-3dmark-update.210768/
Relevancy 17.2%

A while ago, after accidentally opening the Store app, Windows forced me to restart to install Windows 8.1, which I was unable to weeks before because of driver issues. I didn't need Windows 8.1 yet, so I didn't download it before then.

However, during the installation, it failed (again) due to either my antivirus or the aforementioned driver issues. Upon logging back in, my computer was unable to find any WiFi networks. Seeing as I live in the middle of a densely populated city, this isn't possible. Plugging in an ethernet cord still works, so no issues with that adapter or my home internet. I checked all the drivers for my WiFi adapter, and my Ethernet adapter, and both are up to date and display as working properly. Restarting several times didn't seem to fix this issue, and using system restore didn't seem to work either. I used the Troubleshooting tool, and that didn't give my any helpful advice or answers, so I got nothing.

What can I do to fix this issue?

For reference, I have a Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter, Driver Version 6.30.95.14, and a Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller, Driver Version 2.1.0.7.

A:Unable to connect to WiFi after failed Windows 8.1 update

Never mind, it seems to have resolved itself overnight after I put it to sleep for several hours.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-wifi-after-failed-windows-8-1-update.210268/
Relevancy 22.79%

When booting up my computer, directly after auto-detecting SATA devices, my computer regularly gives me an error that alternately reads "Primary Hard Disk Failure, Press F1 to Resume..." or "Secondary Hard Disk Failure, Press F1 to Resume..." Sometimes the word "Slave" or "Master" are there after the words "Primary" or "Secondary" in there as well. While the content of the message varies, the result is usually the same: The startup process lags after auto-detecting the drives, then gives me this error.

I have three SATA hard drives and a DVD drive plugged in to my mb via SATA. When no HDD are detached, but I have boot media in the DVD drive, the computer starts up quickly and normally, with no errors. When any or all of the HDDs are plugged in, I receive the above error. I borrowed a HDD from my roommate, plugged it in, attempted to boot up and still received the error. None of the HDD are bad, and it would be a pretty big coincidence for all four I've tested to fail at once.

What could the problem be?

A:Primary Hard Disk Failure, Press F1 to Resume

UPDATE:

When I plug in just one or two of the HDD + the DVD drive, the computer boots fine. When I plug in three HDD + DVD drive, failure! Do I perhaps need to upgrade my power supply?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/primary-hard-disk-failure-press-f1-to-resume.208761/
Relevancy 17.63%

Updated my hardware drivers including the wireless adapter, and something must have gotten changed as I can not connect to wifi anymore on HP Notebook G72-253NR with Windows 7.

Flushed winsock, released/renewed ipconfig and deleted/reinstalled adapter. Can meanwhile connect thru Ethernet cable again but not wifi. Finds my wifi network (previously didn't) but can't connect, don't have tcp/ip addresses in LAC or wireless properties, automatically obtain is enabled. IPv4/6 enabled in both also.

Getting message of "HOST Process was prevented from changing settings of ZoneAlarm by modifying registry key HKCS/Services/VSDATANT? at initial startup.

"COM surrogate was prevented from changing settings of ZoneAlarm by modifying registry key HKCS/services/vsdatant" whenever I simply access/exit ip protocol settings.

How can I fix this? My brain is fried after several DAYS of trying to fix my friends computer... Please someone help!

A:Can't connect to wifi after hardware driver update

Call your ISP they will walk you through it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-wifi-after-hardware-driver-update.206983/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi, I have a Verbatim Store n' go ex hard drive which used to work perfectly with usb 3.0 and 2.0. A few weeks ago it stopped working with 2.0 and now not even with 3.0. When I plug it in the hard disk starts to rotate and lights up normally, but is never shown on the drive list. The computer doesn't even do the beep sound when a usb device is connected. I tried on 2 different pc's but they show no result.

Any kind of help is greatly appreciated

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hard-drive-failure.204788/
Relevancy 23.65%

Greetings I ve moved to another country where electricity is not stable and goes high low or even disconnect power failure many times a day So i brought an old UPS i have discovery and connected it to the outlet and connected the PC and the LCD screen to it Sometimes when the electricity goes high down the UPS seems can t regulate fast enough or when the electricity disconnect the UPS can t change to battery mode fast enough so the PC restarts I though the problem is from the UPS so i bought failure during My despite restarts UPS PC power a new one iXA PRO which also has a built in AVR with wide input range of - Vac wide range of input frequency output short circuit protection overload protection and the transfer time My PC restarts during power failure despite UPS is ms I connected the PC and the LCD screen My PC restarts during power failure despite UPS to the new UPS and connected my modem and an external hard to the old one Surprisingly when the electricity went high low or when it disconnected the modem did not reset but my PC restarted which means that the old UPS is still working and the problem is from the PC itself I use My PC restarts during power failure despite UPS a very god power supply Blue Storm - wat so any idea what the problem could be Note When the electricity goes high low or disconnect the PC doesn t actually restart it just half turned off i mean i can still hear the fans rolling but there is nothing on the screen and i have to turn it off then on Note Sometimes when electricity goes high low or disconnect the PC keeps working normally Thanx in advance nbsp

A:My PC restarts during power failure despite UPS

My guess is your power supply in your PC uses active PFC (Power Factor Control) while your uninterruptible power supply is likely rated for a passive PFC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-pc-restarts-during-power-failure-despite-ups.159403/
Relevancy 18.06%

CPU:AMD FX-8320
Motherboard:ASUS M5A97 R2.0

I hardly know anything about the BIOS so I am asking you this:
Will I need to update my BIOS and if so how to do that?
Am I going to update it to the latest version(2103) or the version when the processor was first compatible(1006)?

Please help, I do not want to make a mistake when updating so please provide a detailed explanation ! ! !

A:BIOS update

Some might say updating the BIOS is not worth the risk unless you have a reason to chance it. On the other hand I've never had a BIOS update go badly. BIOS updates are not that difficult to do. But there is always a risk of the update failing. In the off chance of failure, the motherboard will be bricked. There are motherboards that come with a second BIOS for failsafe. I don't know if the failsafe can be used under a bricked board, I will assume it can until I hear otherwise.

There are three ways to update that I am aware of. All of which may not be available depending on motherboard model and age of system.

Within the Operating System (I've used this method but for awhile it was advised against)
You will need to download BIOS Update application. The application will download and install the new BIOS.

Within the BIOS
Within the BIOS there is an update facility. You will only need the new BIOS. (My BIOS will only update from a USB stick.)

From DOS utility
Not only will you need to download the new BIOS, you will need to download the flash utility that is designed for the update.

I recommend updating from within the BIOS (assuming you have this option). Download the new BIOS to a USB stick and then boot into the BIOS. Browse around to find the update facility and the rest is self explanatory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-update.198931/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello,

Old Dell computer running Windows XP that was never backed up and I am trying to recover files and photos. I get NTLDR is missing when I boot. I've used Testdisk/Photorec to try to recover my data but when going through the recovered data it seems to be all system files that I know nothing about. I used Ubuntu on the Dell to run Testdisk. I also hooked up the hard disk to my laptop with a hard disk adapter and got the same results.I also ran a NTLDR boot disk but ended up with the same NTLDR is missing message. I dont have a XP recovery disk. Anybody that has had this issue please help!

A:NTLDR is missing. Hard Drive Failure.

Trobles86 said:

I also hooked up the hard disk to my laptop with a hard disk adapter and got the same results.Click to expand...

If you have access to another PC or laptop then you can connect the hard drive in to that machine and get the files you wanted to recover from your hard drive in there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ntldr-is-missing-hard-drive-failure.203104/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have a HDTV consisting of a GA-P55A-UD7 and an Intel I7 processor and W7x64. It is hooked up to a Panasonic P50V10 plasma TV via HDMI. Over the last several months, I have gone through THREE video cards. The last one lasted only three days. I doubt my luck can be that bad regarding video cards so it must be something else. I have never heard of a monitor blowing video cards via an HDMI interface but anything is possible I guess. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/repeated-video-card-failure.202803/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi there
need to know if I can upgrade my graphics card for upgrade to windows 7.
current graphic card:ati radeon 9200 se 128mb ddr tvo
computer :fujitsu siemens scaleo 600
motherboard :microstar ms-6585 2.oa
power supply:dc output 250w
thanks so much.
learner1

A:Graphics card update to host windows 7

I don't know if you CAN upgrade your graphics card, but:

You most likely don't NEED to.
It's not really a good idea to upgrade at all. Those parts are old as dirt and you won't find anything cheap that'll fit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-update-to-host-windows-7.202568/
Relevancy 22.36%

I have networked PCs before many times successfully so this is not my first time trying to network PCs in a home environment Though I m wondering if Windows is part of the problem I would have thought that for sure until one of the name credentials bad password? user with unknown even correct failure: or "Logon new laptops running W would not connect to any of the other three PCs Laptops running W Yet these other three W PCs Laptops CAN connect to this laptop Then it gets a little more "Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password? even with correct credentials interesting this same laptop that couldn t connect to those three W PCs Laptops CAN connect to a Windows desktop and a XP Laptop and those two can also connect back to it without issue It s almost like my network is divided in half and only half can talk to each other But then when I thought it couldn t get any more interesting I realized the first three W PCs Laptops can talk to the others it s just that the others W Laptop W Desktop XP Laptop can t talk back to them without getting the error quot Logon failure unknown user name or bad password even though the username and password are correct I don t fully understand this error because on the surface it s just WRONG My username and password are correct but it appears something somewhere is interfering or hijacking the authentication process Three of the computers laptops are brand new just purchased last week and setup this week The HostPC is also fairly new just purchased last month I am not using a HomeGroup and have removed all computers that were part of a HomeGroup I have enabled file sharing and network discovery and enabled Use user accounts and passwords to connect to other computers on all PCs I have DSL and am using the wireless modem provided by my ISP which has router functionality built into it It is a Sagemcom Model F ST N All computers are connected wirelessly Time is correct on all PCs I cannot use Group Policy since they re all Standard or Home edition DHCP is enabled and all computers are on the same subnet using the x range of ip addresses The six computers are as follows I figured this may make is easier to visualize the layout HostPC HP Desktop W PC Name DrsBlend U N DrsBlend p w not showing my real password PC HP Laptop W PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC HP Laptop W PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC HP Laptop W PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC HP Desktop W SP PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC Dell Laptop XP SP PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W Every PC stated above has the same user name and password and is logged-in with the username DrsBlend and the password The quot Logon failure unknown user name or bad password happens when trying to access HostPC PC or PC from PC PC or PC The HostPC can see and connect to all the PCs but only PC and PC can talk back or access the HostPC It s like the HostPC and PC and PC are in their own little clique and can talk back and forth to each other Those three PCs can also talk to PC PC and PC as well but PC PC and PC cannot talk back to them HostPC PC PC Profile corruption I would have entertained that thought but the fact the first three PCs can access and talk to one another kind of defeats that idea and the fact the PCs were just recently setup Firewall Disabled and disabled TrendMicro with no change With them on off the first three PCs can still talk to each other and the rest of the PCs Anyone have any additional suggestions nbsp

A:"Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password” even with correct credentials

I experienced a similar problem when I was trying to network my 8.1 machine the host network. As you say the host PC can see and connect to all of the machines, but not the other way around. Not sure if it is the same in your situation but I found that Microsoft's idea of network sharing on the Windows 8 class of OS differs greatly from previous OS's in that you can connect to it from an external host, but when trying to do the other way around it doesn't "see" the PC in question due to differing network sharing protocols included in the OS.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong, I am speaking only from what happened with my network.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logon-failure-unknown-user-name-or-bad-password%E2%80%9D-even-with-correct-credentials.201313/
Relevancy 17.63%

I have no idea why this happened, after the update none of the ports on my computer work after booting into windows. bios was updated before this and all was fine. checked in bios if ports were enabled. still no joy. help!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/all-usb-and-ps-2-ports-dead-after-msi-motherboard-driver-update.200108/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have a problem with a batch of Dell optiplex 980's, for some reason the Main boards fail at a alarming rate.

According to Dell it is the memory controller that fails.

Error Lights 1,3,4 are on nothing on screen, power led solid blue about 10 error beeps!

Dell tech replaced the main boards and all is fine for a while but same problem persists.

Also according to Dell level 6 tech, it could be over heating, I had some fun proving them wrong, two PC's sealed in a box , hammering them, Temp between 85 Celsius - 90 Celsius in the sealed enclosure, optical drive started melting, cooled the PC's for a day and powered back on, no problems!!

Does any one out there maybe have a issue similar to this on the optiplex 980, main board failures?

A:Motherboard failure issue on Dell Optiplex 980

Dell Optiplex 980 Lights 134 on no screen

Yes I have exactly the same problem. Turned PC on this morning lights 134 on plus blue power light but no screen at all. Still under warranty, phoning dell in the morning - I will keep you posted

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-failure-issue-on-dell-optiplex-980.169232/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello I have owned my computer for years for my birthday However in May I began having some issues When I would power on the computer the display would not turn on After a few restarts the display began to work again The display was connected to my Gigabyte GeForce GTX TI I tried the monitor on another computer and it worked fine This issue stopped for some time until one month ago The issue reoccurred and would not correct itself after multiple reboots I removed the graphics card and plugged the display into the motherboard and it worked fine I then cleaned my computer RAM slots and graphics card port After this I retried my graphics card and it has been working fine up until this point Last night I unplugged the peripherals USB keyboard mouse and headphones then plugged them back in turned my computer off and went to bed I did this because they were generating too much light motherboard failure Possible when I Possible motherboard failure was sleeping When I awoke this morning I turned my computer on but my headphones began crackling and the sound cut out occasionally I then tried another port and got a Windows message stating that there was a malfunction I have tried other devices in this port since and they work fine possible headphones broken - yet to try on another computer I powered off my computer then back on to find my graphics card no longer worked same situation as described above I have ensured the GFX card is plugged in correctly Here are my specs Motherboard ASUS P H -MLE CPU Intel Core i - GHz GFX card Gigabyte GeForce GTX TI OS Windows Home Premium RAM gig I don t mind if it is the GFX card I am looking at another one for my birthday but I don t have the money to buy both a motherboard AND a GFX card Please help me Jessica nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/possible-motherboard-failure.199227/
Relevancy 24.08%

I recently had my cpu fan fail, I woke up to a bios message indicating CPU fan error, and of course when I check it, it was just kinda twitching around. I'm not sure how long the computer was powered up with that error message, but I suspect it was around 5-6 hours. Windows was running beforehand. But since replacing the fan I've noticed the performance has dropped a little bit and the system isn't as stable as it used to be, but its not consistent. I have small issues such as short and random freezing for a couple seconds, and the computer doesn't wake from sleep mode. These didn't start happening until after the cpu fan failure and I was wondering how likely is it that there is some cpu damage?

A:CPU damage after fan failure?

You are kind of lucky That it still works. You may want to remove the CPU and apply some new thermal compound. This may help you out with the problem. Plus I am sure some one here might have a few suggestion.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-damage-after-fan-failure.194161/
Relevancy 23.22%

Recently I was doing a research about a memory update for my G - LA Notebook and in many websites including the Netbook User s Manual I found that this Notebook could be upgraded up to Gb of memory So Upgrading Notebook Failure G42-365LA HP Memory I bought two RAM memories of Gb each one SoDIMM DDR PC - MHz according to researched specifications But the thing is that when I installed them I couldn t enter into the OS it sent me to the Windows Error Recovery window directly and whichever option I choose it reboots and it keeps doing that Well I tried installing just one memory alone and the result is different it came up with the BSOD giving me different errors each time I reboot the Netbook These errors are BAD POOL HEADER PFN LIST CORRUPT IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL I ve tried to reinstall the OS with memories installed but the result is the same My Notebook is a HP G - LA Windows Home Premium x Service Pack Intel Core i CPU M GHz I don t know if I was cheated by the manufacturer website and or the others websites that s why I need your help P S When I installed just one memory module I can see The Windows intro logo but just for two seconds or so And I tried to install quot Ubuntu desktop amd x quot with just one Gb memory module inserted and everything was good but it wasn t with the two cards installed nbsp

A:Upgrading Memory Failure HP G42-365LA Notebook

One of the stick of ram maybe bad. Try them each one at a time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-memory-failure-hp-g42-365la-notebook.197400/
Relevancy 23.22%

Checking file system on C The type to failure? close Hard Drive of the file system is NTFS Volume label is JARVIS A disk check has been scheduled Windows will now check the disk CHKDSK is verifying files stage of file records processed File verification completed large file records processed bad Hard Drive close to failure? file records processed EA records processed reparse records processed CHKDSK is verifying indexes stage of index Hard Drive close to failure? entries processed Index verification completed unindexed files scanned unindexed files recovered CHKDSK is verifying security descriptors stage of file SDs SIDs processed Cleaning up unused index entries from index SII of file x Cleaning up unused index entries from index SDH of file x Cleaning up unused security descriptors Security descriptor verification completed data files processed CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal USN bytes processed Usn Journal verification completed CHKDSK is verifying file data stage of files processed File data verification completed CHKDSK is verifying free space stage of free clusters processed Free space verification is complete Adding bad clusters to the Bad Clusters File CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the master file table MFT bitmap CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the volume bitmap Windows has made corrections to the file system KB total disk space KB in files KB in indexes KB in bad sectors KB in use by the system KB occupied by the log file KB available on disk bytes in each allocation unit total allocation units on disk allocation units available on disk Internal Info a d e f Q J- c Windows has finished checking your disk Please wait while your computer restarts and also ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- CrystalDiskInfo Shizuku Edition C - hiyohiyo Crystal Dew World http crystalmark info ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- OS Windows Home Premium SP Build x Date -- Controller Map ---------------------------------------------------------- Intel R Mobile Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller ATA - ST LM HN-M MBB - HL-DT-ST DVD -RW GT N -- Disk List --------------------------------------------------------------- ST LM HN-M MBB GB pd - st ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ST LM HN-M MBB ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Model ST LM HN-M MBB Firmware AR Serial Number S TBJ C Disk Size GB Buffer Size KB Queue Depth of Sectors Rotation Rate RPM Interface Serial ATA Major Version ATA -ACS Minor Version ATA -ACS version Transfer Mode SATA Power On Hours hours Power On Count count Temparature C F Health Status Caution Features S M A R T APM AAM bit LBA NCQ APM Level h OFF AAM Level FE h ON -- S M A R T -------------------------------------------------------------- ID Cur Wor Thr RawValues Attribute Name Read Error Rate Throughput Performance D B Spin-Up Time CD Start Stop Count Reallocated Sectors Count Seek Error Rate Seek Time Performance Power-On Hours A Spin Retry Count B Recalibration Retries C D Power Cycle Count D Soft Read Error Rate stab B F EA Unknown BF F G-Sense Error Rate C Power-off Retract Count C C Load Unload Cycle Count C F Temperature C Hardware ECC recovered C Reallocation Event Count C Current Pending Sector Count C Uncorrectable Sector Count C UltraDMA CRC Error Count C Write Error Rate F Head Flying Hours F CE Total Host Writes F BAF ED Total Host Reads FE Free Fall Protection -- IDENTIFY DEVICE --------------------------------------------------------- FFF C F A C D E D D D F FFF F BFC F FFFF FFF F F C C FF B F BE F C C FFFE FE DB CF AB DF C C F F F A -- SMART READ DATA --------------------------------------------------------- A B C D E F F FC FC B D CD FC FC E FC FC FC FC A FC FC B C D D A B A E F BF A F C FC FC B C D D C C C F C A D C FC FC E C F C FC FC C C C C A F F E E E C F B ED F BA FE FC FC F B E A B C D E ... Read more

A:Hard Drive close to failure?

Why is it 47C? What are the SMART errors causing it to say 'caution'?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-close-to-failure.196307/
Relevancy 23.22%

While transportation, probably my Harddisk must have moved or something, now I cant access it.
I have a Western Digital 1TB HD, and a Western Digital 500 GB HD.
Here's an image explaining whats going on! Can anyone help me with this?

A:PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable

The message

pxe-61: media failureClick to expand...

is telling you that

the CD has nothing mounted which is bootable
the HD has nothing that is bootable
so it tries to boot using the NIC interface and it too has failed
You need to investigate the MBR and the C:\ partition for validity

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pxe-e61-media-test-failure-check-cable.196241/
Relevancy 22.36%

I got this laptop in for repairs recently and it has been a very tricky one I already told the client that I don t think it can be fixed but my curiosity has driven me to keep working on it This system came in unable to startup freezes during startup or said no boot device present I pulled the HDD out and scanned it from another computer Sure enough every error check would freeze around Note that I said freeze not display an error I would have to end task to close the windows drive check Chkdsk r from command prompt resulted in the same freezing partway through Disk copy and clone software would also freeze partway So during failure - drive after Toshiba Shuts OS install A305-S6898 off Satellite I copied the users files off manually and went to load a new Toshiba Satellite A305-S6898 - Shuts off during OS install after drive failure HDD in the laptop Every Toshiba Satellite A305-S6898 - Shuts off during OS install after drive failure time the OS install disk would load there would be Toshiba Satellite A305-S6898 - Shuts off during OS install after drive failure problems Sometimes it would freeze during the quot loading windows quot screen of the windows install Sometimes it would get to the install process and freeze right after selecting the disk to use Lately the most common problem is at variable points in the initial install loading process the system will just power cycle and restart At this point I ran memtest and found no errors Just the same I switched out the RAM and still it had problems I tried multiple different OS install disks and set bios back to defaults The problem persisted never being able to install a new OS I tried different hard drives external dvd drive and installing from a USB stick Oddly enough half of my repair utilities simply won t load things like seagate disk utilities paragon and acronis disk directors either freezing or giving weird errors like quot cd drive not present quot or quot memory not found quot The only thing that will run without freezing or restarting seems to be memtest which makes me think it s not an overheating issue since this can run for hours Frankly I m stumped It seems odd that the hard drive failed at the same time as whatever component is causing this problem so I assume either coincidence or some sort of drive controller failure that caused damage to the drive as well as making the system freeze while loading most any volume Any thoughts nbsp

A:Toshiba Satellite A305-S6898 - Shuts off during OS install after drive failure

Yeah, it may be a motherboard issue... Have you tried removing or resetting the CMOS battery?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-a305-s6898-shuts-off-during-os-install-after-drive-failure.193323/
Relevancy 18.06%

I cannot know how the bios update so I need some help for the how the bios update.I want to install the newest driver but I can't figure out how the driver is in a .02 file and I can't make heads or tails of it can anyone help me?

A:How to update BIOS

astar master said:

I cannot know how the bios update so I need some help for the how the bios update.I want to install the newest driver but I can't figure out how the driver is in a .02 file and I can't make heads or tails of it can anyone help me?Click to expand...

please post the brand/model of your motherboard... I.e.: ecsg41-tm; intel dh55tc; asrock z77 extreme4

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-update-bios.192864/
Relevancy 18.06%

Do you have to update or change the Motherboard to update the processor?

I have a Pentium 4 processor 548, 3.33GHz, 1MB L2 cache, 533MHz front side bus. Can one "Plug and Play" so to speak with an updated processor to the same Motherboard?

A:Motherboard/Processor update

Your CPU socket is PPGA478, P4 is the highest CPU this socket will support.

Even with LGA775 CPU socket, unless you had a motherboard that would support quad core, there would be little reason to upgrade over a complete system replacement.

In answer to your question to "Plug and Play", yes and no. Yes CPU's are basically plug and play, and No the motherboard must support the CPU first.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-processor-update.192561/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hey guys, I've attempted a bios update through this website and I've been left with this sitting on my desktop for two days and the loading bar has not moved an inch.
I tried to update the BIOS because for the last few weeks when my computer is booting the screen would go blank and just stay blank and I would have to keep resetting until it would finally boot. I was hoping a bios update would do the trick otherwise I would not have bothered.

Im worried if I exit out or shut-down my computer I could corrupt my BIOS. Any ideas?..

A:Bios update help

I would exit and maybe try again. Thats the download phase which has nothing to do with the actual update process. The download will complete, before any attempts to update will begin. Updating the BIOS can be very risky, updating would never be handicapped by possible problems of downloading.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-update-help.192433/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hellow guys again ,, hello the best website ever !!!
I jus wanna ask about something ,, Earlier I mentioned something about upgrading my processor to core 2 duo ,, now ive done that but when ever I start my computer ,, this msg shows up !
""" 1801 - microcode update Error
Missing or invalid processor microcode update. please contact hewlett-packard company for a new microcode update to support the new processor stepping """
Any help ?
HP compaq dx7300 microtower is my pc and Intel core 2 duo E4500 @2.20GHz is the new processor.
Many thanks in advance

A:Microcode update Error ?

Have you tried contacting HP concerning it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microcode-update-error.191974/
Relevancy 17.2%

A few months ago I updated my MSI Z A-GD to the latest BIOS quot vP quot which is still the latest settings Z68A-GD55 update won't MSI overclocking changes allow to BIOS after version on MSI s website as of today Since updating to this version the UEFI BIOS screen is totally different the layout has been changed entirely I was able to find the overclocking settings quickly but since the update the board will not allow me to change many settings All CPU Memory chipset voltage adjustments CPU ratio adjustments bclock adjustments etc are all either greyed MSI Z68A-GD55 won't allow changes to overclocking settings after BIOS update out and cannot be selected at all or they are set to quot Auto quot and that is the only available option for them This is a solid overclocking motherboard from what I ve heard online and I m running a K series CPU k so I m really perplexed as to why I can t even adjust the supposedly unlocked CPU ratio on my k I USED to be able to use these settings before the BIOS flash Also I can t seem to find anyone online who s having a similar problem as me As it stands now the only overclocking I can do is with MSI s quot OC Genie II quot which basically automatically overclocks for me I think this is totally ridiculous why is MSI s automated tool allowed to touch these settings when I can t modify them manually Anyone have any idea what s going on My first thought was that maybe there is a setting somewhere in the BIOS that must be enabled first in order to open up the overclocking settings but I searched far and wide and couldn t find one Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:MSI Z68A-GD55 won't allow changes to overclocking settings after BIOS update

Yeah, I think there is a setting somewhere that is checked to auto. Try exploring all the tabs of the BIOS screen and report back if you find anything.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/msi-z68a-gd55-wont-allow-changes-to-overclocking-settings-after-bios-update.191535/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hello! I'm new here at Tech Spot. This is a great website.

Where can I get a copy of the newest BIOS update for my motherboard?

Model: Asus P5GD1-VM Motherboard
Version: 0602
Chipset: I915
Date: 09/06/2005-16:48:11
Onboard Sound: Azalia (swa)
Onboard LAN: Exist (wl)
BIOS Size: 512 K
BIOS Type: AMI

I downloaded all BIOS .ROM files in the official website of Asus. But it weren't compatible with the BIOS to be flashed.

Please help me! Thank you very much in advanced!

A:Motherboard BIOS update

The latest BIOS for your board is version 1015. It's not necessary to load each BIOS in order, just load the latest. To load the BIOS you must copy it to a floppy disc and rename it P5GD1-VM.ROM If you didn't rename it, that's why it won't load. On the same Asus download page, you can get the user manual for your board, which goes into detail how to reflash the BIOS. It can render your motherboard un-bootable if you do it wrong, so I would read the manual before attempting it again, and follow instructions carefully.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-bios-update.191021/
Relevancy 22.36%

Need to replace r29 & r30 resistors that were burnt beyond recognition, but have had no success in locating schematics or color code. Found a picture of the board online but to small to identify bands. Any help would be appreciated!

A:Altec Lansing ACS621 resistor color code

Resister codes

b - black = 1
b - brown = 2
r - red = 3
o - orange = 4
y - yellow = 5
g - green= 6
b - blue = 7
v - violet = 8
g - green = 9
w - white = 0
see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_color_code

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/altec-lansing-acs621-resistor-color-code.190330/
Relevancy 20.21%

Ok here s the history of the problem I have GB Hard drive quot Samsung sp c quot and I am using it since two years with my old desktop system with this S M A R T error at the startup BIOS TWO YEARS BACK I think there are some bad sectors involved at the last part of the HDD space There were partitions initially I e C D E amp F The problem started with partition #83" attribute "1720-SMART failure failing? drive detects imminent hard failed: ... HDD error F with following issues Always took so long copying files into F System got stuck up when some file s folder s from F drive were opened and then automatic restart That time ran CHKDSK on F drive but in the middle of scanning it always restarted the PC automatically Sometimes system restarted when I was copying some HDD error "1720-SMART hard drive detects imminent failure attribute failed: #83" ... failing? random data in the F partition Whenever this restart thing happened at the start up it displayed that there is no primary hard drive detected Then eventually it came back live after - attempts always I also deleted the Partition F and then recreated the partition but same problems persisted YEAR BACK Due to above issues HDD error "1720-SMART hard drive detects imminent failure attribute failed: #83" ... failing? I left the partition F as it was and used others like C D amp E but an year before the partition E started to do things same way F was doing and at that point F was not accessible with error popping The disk is not formatted Do you want to format it now I formatted the partition F and ran following HDD tools afterwards Partition Table Doctor HDD Regenerator Surface tests for C D E was fine but when it started scanning the HDD somewhere in F partition area these tools messed up with something took so long stuck at sectors for long time without repairing it MONTHS BACK I came to know that there are some serious issues in the HDD sectors inside the last GB part of HDD error "1720-SMART hard drive detects imminent failure attribute failed: #83" ... failing? the hard disk I made partitions C D E F G The G partition was for GB space and I never opened this drive since I created it because this will cause same problem what the F was doing before NOW I don t have much issues with C D E amp F while operating them Don t use F too much to be at safe side But I feel that HDD is very slow overall and and every time I turn this system on I get quot -SMART Hard Drive detects imminent failure Attribute failed quot Wondering if it could be fixed or not and I know and understand that my hard disk was failing ever since and most of you guys will advice to back up and purchase a new one but I am still on to fix this one and as if there s any way to get it right up Many Thanks nbsp

A:HDD error "1720-SMART hard drive detects imminent failure attribute failed: #83" ... failing?

The fundamentals still apply:

for every partition ?X?
chkdsk ?X? /f /r​
The /R will remap bad sectors in an effort to avoid future I/o errors.

a} fix all partitions
b} get the SMART data and save it for reverence (it will not be reset to zero by chkdsk)
c} view the SMART data every day
d} look for increasing statistics

PLAN on getting a new HDD asap

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-error-1720-smart-hard-drive-detects-imminent-failure-attribute-failed-83-failing.190152/
Relevancy 22.79%

I just updated my Asus Eee PC 1015PN from Windows starter to Windows ultimate. Everything seems fine except for my Network controller. It says there are no connections available and it doesn't look like it recognizes my network controller.

In Computer Management, under device manager, in Other Devices - the only thing listed is Network Controller with a yellow exclamation mark. When I double click on it, it says the manufacturer is unknown and the drivers for this device are not installed (Code 28). I tried to update the driver through the system but it doesn't find anything.

In Everest, Network, PCI/PnP Network, it lists Atheros AR8132 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller and Broadcom 802.11n Wireless Network Adapter. That is the only mention of my wireless adapter I could find.

Any help would be much appreciated. I can provide more info if need be. Thanks

A:Netbook not recognizing network controller - code 28

it lists Atheros AR8132 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller and Broadcom 802.11n Wireless Network Adapter.Click to expand...

It sounds like you should have 2 network controllers - one wired, the other wireless.

Are you saying it's just the wired Ethernet connector? or both not working? Did you try the ASUS web site? If one of the connectors is working, i think the ASUS site offers the option to detect your model and tell you drivers needed. Or look up your model manually on their site

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/netbook-not-recognizing-network-controller-code-28.164478/
Relevancy 23.65%

Here is a video of what happens:

Whenever I try to game longer than 10 minutes on this rig I JUST built, my PSU starts flickering like a strobe light and then my computer freezes. Sometimes it will display a random color though out the whole screen, or just go black. I have checked all my temperatures when this occurs and they are all well below average. I have ALL the latest drivers/windows updates.

In this case like many others, my screen goes black for a few seconds but then recoveres, only to have terrible FPS (I usually get 80+).

System Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-E 3.6GHz (LGA 2011)

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 3GB (Factory SuperClocked)

HDD: Western Digital WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM

PSU: Rosewill Xtreme Series RX850-S-B 850W

MB: ASRock X79 Extreme6 LGA 2011

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3

What should I do?

A:PSU flickering leads to GPU failure

I dunno about the rest, but don't you have to populate all 4 RAM slots?

And seriously, Win7 32 bit? Or was that a mistake..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/psu-flickering-leads-to-gpu-failure.188949/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi I m a new member I recently decided to build my first PC Parts were Asrock Z Extreme MoBo Intel i K - LGA DDR Single stick GB G-Skill GeForce GTX GD OC Seagate Barracuder SATA TB w PSU Now for the problem - BIOS error Extreme update Z77 4 Asrock I installed everything correctly and got to POST so I decided to follow most Internet forum instructions to update my BIOS so I did so over the Internet flash update from the AsRock BIOS setup The problems arose after trying to update it via the Internet Now the motherboard won t even get to POST or show any signs or working Asrock Extreme 4 Z77 - BIOS update error on a monitor the fans for ten graphics card CPU and chassis all work the PSU is working fine But the Dr Debug is showing the status code which states in the description is that it is quot not used quot I don t know what to do iv taken out the graphics card and tried still the same disconnected everything except the socket and all pins are fine on the PCIe slots and RAM Any help would be appreciated ps I have a spare Gigabyte gt GB hanging round and was wondering if I can get the MoBo to work will it be worth sticking the in with the for any improvements however slight until I can afford another for SLI nbsp

A:Asrock Extreme 4 Z77 - BIOS update error

"Now the motherboard won't even get to POST or show any signs or working on a monitor" You might be able to get the motherboard to respond by removing the battery for a few minutes. If not, the motherboard may need to be replaced

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asrock-extreme-4-z77-bios-update-error.188524/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi guys I am looking to upgrade my graphics card this christmas and was looking at moving up to a http www amazon co uk Asus-GeForc update card needed Graphics help s computers amp ie UTF amp qid amp sr - from a http www geforce com hardware Graphics card update help needed desktop-gpus geforce-gt- -channel My system specs are as follows Operating system Windows Home Premium x Service Pack build Install Language English United States System Locale English United Graphics card update help needed Kingdom Installed System Model Hewlett-Packard HP Compaq Elite CMT PC System Serial Number CZC XR Asset Tag CZC XR Chassis Serial Number CZC XR Enclosure Type Mini-Tower Processor gigahertz Intel Core i - kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache kilobyte tertiary memory cache -bit ready Multi-core total Hyper-threaded total Main Cirucit Board Board Hewlett-Packard Serial Number CZC XR Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Hewlett-Packard J v Controllers Intel R Desktop Workstation Server Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller Display NVIDIA GeForce GT Display adapter HP LA Monitor quot vis s n CN RZ September Bus Adaptors Intel R Series C Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - C Intel R Series C Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - C D Multimedia NVIDIA High Definition Audio x Realtek High Definition Audio http h www hp com products quickspecs na na pdf lt Link to the user manual model is on the third page the Business PC I am currently using a GeForce Gt card which is quite old and struggles with performance on some games I am interested in the Asus GeForce TI but have no clue if it will even work in my machine I looked towards the manual for my pc and it suggested cards worse than I currently have and I want better performance not worse The manual says that I have x Full length PCI slots x PCI Express slot and x Full Length PCI Express x graphics The TI has according to amazon quot PCI Express amp PCI Express support quot and looking at the specifications of both on their respective websites the GT uses PCIE x and the GT TI uses PCIE Given that the GT is already working in a PCI Express slot is it safe to assume the would be compatible GT specs http www geforce co uk hardware desktop-gpus geforce-gt- -channel specifications GT TI specs http www asus com Graphics Cards NVIDIA Series ENGTX Ti DCII TOP DI GD specifications Would this card work and if not could you suggest a card similar in capability that would Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Graphics card update help needed

Yes that video card will work with your motherboard.

However, it may not be the best value for money compared to the current gen video cards on offer.

For example, the newer Nvidia GTX 660 is the same price as the 560 Ti and offers around 30% more performance. Alternatively, the AMD Radeon HD 7850 costs even less and still offers better performance than the 560 Ti. I would highly recommend you go with one of these (doesn't have to be that exact model of 660 or 7850).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-update-help-needed.188413/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hello techspot, Basically I think ineed to update my BIOS in order to run call of duty black ops 2, but I Don't know.

Basically when I try to run the game, my pc freeze's then shuts down and says no signal detected, I've been looking all over the inet to try find a solution and came across a forum where people were having the same problem. (They're all using AMD) Alot of the people there said they contacted there motherboard supplier's and asked for a flash drive update or something? to update their BIOS. After doing this they said the game started to work.
Please help.

my motherboard is a N68-VS3 FX, If someone could link me to the correct update for it that would be grand. im on windows 7 if that helps

Lee.

P.S , Sorry I think I posted this in the wrong section

A:BIOS update?

http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?cat=Download&os=BIOS&Model=N68-VS3 FX

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-update.187629/
Relevancy 18.06%

I noticed yesterday that HP was auto-updating wireless updates. After they had finished, my wireless capability was gone. There was a problem with my Intel Centrino N 1030 wireless driver, and have not been able to correct the problem. Also, when I try to restart it takes forever, and I get a notification when it finally does that there was a critical blue-screen error?
Please help!

A:Can't connect wirelessly after update

What version of Windows?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-wirelessly-after-update.185800/
Relevancy 22.79%

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

I have rebooted my PC and installed the driver using Driver max. I tried reinstalling but that did not help. Any ideas on what is wrong?

The driver installed is 3DP edition Sigma v9.12 (SigmaTel C-Major Audio)

Chipset is a Intel G31 (Bearlake) + ICH7

I have no clue what the motherboard is though.

Even with this information any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank You

A:Sound card driver installed - but still gives Code 10

List any Problem devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report

Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
===> If you?re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
===> If you?re running 64 bit Windows, you?ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
In your next post, click Upload a file to attach it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-card-driver-installed-but-still-gives-code-10.181181/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hi all I Acer update 8935g driver screen GPU blank after recently updated the driver for the Ati card in my laptop during the installation the screen had gone blank and has stayed that way ever since But first heres a back story I started having trouble with the laptop a few months ago when I assume the ati card had overheated and caused the screen to flicker this laptop comes with an Intel card also which you can switch to by pressing the power save button near the keyboard The intel card ran just fine and if I output the video through hdmi the ati card would work fine also Acer 8935g screen blank after GPU driver update which led me to Acer 8935g screen blank after GPU driver update believe that there maybe an issue with the screen Also if I kept pressing the power save button and switching between cards the ati card would eventually begin to work normally on the laptops screen I wanted to update my drivers today as they were a couple of years old I had trouble installing them in the past as there was a conflict between both gpu cards so I became frustrated and left it I used Ati s auto detect tool and it began to install the new drivers when the screen went blank I thought this was normal during a driver update but I left the laptop running and it stayed that way for over an hour So I turned the laptop off using the main power button Probably wasnt a good idea I imagine Now the screen just stays blank even if I try to switch to the intel card Any help on this issue will be much appreciated nbsp

A:Acer 8935g screen blank after GPU driver update

It might be the inverter or the backlight for the LCD. Have you tried using the HDMI output on both cards if the Intel integrated supports HDMI out?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-8935g-screen-blank-after-gpu-driver-update.184711/
Relevancy 22.79%

Can anyone help with a supposed conflict Went from an ATI X Pro to Nvidia I O Port x - x CF PCI bus I O Port x - x CF Direct memory access controller I O Port x - x Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural conflict 12 swapping video Code cards when PS Keyboard I O Port x - x Motherboard resources I O Port x C - x DF Intel R G P GV PCI Express Root Port - I O Port x C - x DF VgaSave I O Port x - x Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard I O Port x - x Motherboard resources IRQ Intel R FB FBM USB Universal Host Controller - IRQ Intel R FB Code 12 conflict when swapping video cards FBM USB Enhanced Host Controller - C IRQ Intel R G P GV PCI Express Root Port - IRQ Intel R FB FBM Code 12 conflict when swapping video cards PCI Express Root Port - IRQ Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller IRQ Intel R FB FBM USB Universal Host Controller - B Memory Address xE - xEFFFFFFF Motherboard resources Memory Address xE - xEFFFFFFF Motherboard resources Memory Address xD - xDFFFFFFF Intel R G P GV PCI Express Root Port - Memory Address xD - xDFFFFFFF NVIDIA GeForce IRQ Intel R FB FBM USB Universal Host Controller - A IRQ OHCI Compliant IEEE Host Controller IRQ D-Link DWA- Wireless N Desktop Adapter IRQ Intel R FB FBM USB Universal Host Controller - IRQ Intel R FB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - Memory Address xA - xBFFFF PCI bus Memory Address xA - xBFFFF Intel R G P GV PCI Express Root Port - Memory Address xA - xBFFFF VgaSave I O Port x B - x BB Intel R G P GV PCI Express Root Port - I O Port x B - x BB VgaSave Memory Address xFA - xFBCFFFFF Intel R G P GV PCI Express Root Port - Memory Address xFA - xFBCFFFFF NVIDIA GeForce nbsp

A:Code 12 conflict when swapping video cards

Did you remove all the ATI drivers. What version of Windows are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/code-12-conflict-when-swapping-video-cards.184715/
Relevancy 23.65%

Just wondering if this is common, or is it common to have SSDs fail after a couple of years. I've owned 4 SSDs, all for home use (OS drive) as below:
2x Corsair Nova in RAID 0 - Win 7
1x OCZ Vertex 2 - Win XP
1x Kingston SSD Now V+ - Win XP (later upgraded to win 7. This computer also was moved to another home at the time of OS upgrade).

Now, the RAID array failed and SSD was suspected after attempts to reinstall OS came up with corrupt data errors.
The other 2 just cannot be detected by BIOS anymore.

As you can see, I can't see any similarity between them. There is no similarity in programs used (not even backup programs are the same!)

So am I just unlucky or is there an issue with SSDs in general? Or maybe I'm using it wrong.... (no defrag I swear!)

A:Wondering about SSD failure rates

I have now got all of them RMA'd without a problem.

OCZ was kind enough to swap the Vertex2 to an Agility 3.
Corsair swapped the Novas to GTs. Pccasegear was kind enough to credit those for me, so I'd be picking up a larger drive instead.
The shop I bought Kingston from asked me to go directly to Kingston, but they agreed to take it back. This was the last drive I sent back so I have yet to hear from them.

Thought I'd update.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wondering-about-ssd-failure-rates.182604/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi there I own an Alesis Multimix Firewire which I use to record music on my PC I connect this to my Computer via can (Code 12) use that free This enough it cannot device resources find VIA PCI IEEE Adapter Firewire Everything s been fine up until now it seems my computer won t recognize when the firewire cable is connected to the computer So I flipped open the motherboard and made sure the adapter was connected into the slot properly as sometimes it can slide out a bit since it is at a weird angle when the PC sits upright I rebooted again and it said that the Firewire adapter had been detected Tried connecting the Alesis and still nothing Went into System and Device Manager and under the IEEE Bus host controller tab it shows OHCI Compliant IEEE Host Controller with a highlighted exclamation mark over it I click into the properties of this and it says under This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use (Code 12) the General Tab This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use Code If you want to use this device you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system More specifically under the This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use (Code 12) Details Tab it says this PCI VEN amp DEV This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use (Code 12) amp SUBSYS amp REV amp DC A amp amp Not sure entirely what this means I googled it and a lot of ppl saying to try and update the drivers etc but I don t think that this will do any good as the last driver was back in and I don t think any new drivers have been made since Looking for a logical answer to this one Any help would be greatly appreciated Attached a DXdiag file below too Thanks nbsp

A:This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use (Code 12)

Looks like the motherboard's USB channels or chipset needs to be updated or re-installed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/this-device-cannot-find-enough-free-resources-that-it-can-use-code-12.180628/
Relevancy 18.06%

so im deciding to upgrade my mobo that supports pci 2.0 I was wondering does 2.0 support 2.1 because im going to put a budget radeon card in it note this is not a gaming pc just a little upgrade

A:Mobo update

Yes, PCIE 2.0 will support a 2.1 card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-update.181796/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello, again. I recently got a new hard drive called WD (Western Drive) Scorpio 1TB. So, I set it up and stuff on the back of the computer. As flip it over and and turn on the laptop I want to hopefully see a good sign. Rather, I see nothing with a Black screen and annoying 'Beeping' sounds! I tried many times to put the windows 7 disk in and it would not work and go back to the black screen and beeping noises. Please, help!

Reference:
Model : Dell Inspiron N5030
Hardrive : WD Scorpio Blue 1tb / 8 Ram / 5400 RPM

A:New hard drive installation failure

Perhaps it isn't the hd that needed replacing.

(need some background/details before any real help can be given)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hard-drive-installation-failure.181795/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hello,

I'm trying to update the drivers on my Radeon x600 256MB graphics card with Windows XP 32 bit.

I downloaded the following file described as the ATI Catalyst Driver 10.2 (XP): download-euro <dot> oldapps <dot> com/ATI/10-2_xp32_dd_ccc_wdm_enu.exe

On running this download, it has installed Catalyst Install Manager in C:\Program Files\ATI\CIM\Bin, but I have no idea what I need to do next!

Running Install Manager and following the steps through seems to do something, though looking at device manager, it doesn't look as though the driver has been updated (it's still version 8.162.0.0)...

Thanks in advance

A:Radeon x600 XP driver update

Try the WDM Integrated Driver here :

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownlo...px?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.13&lang=English

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-x600-xp-driver-update.179750/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello I am still learning so hopefully this is an easy one and I am welcoming suggestions I drive making just -- failure Hard sure! am an engineer from who played in the business world since so unfortunately that s the era and extent of my knowledgebase I am trying to salvage a dell laptop that stopped booting a while ago hard drive not found I am not worried about recovering files as I moved them all to a newer PC long ago I created Hard drive failure -- just making sure! a boot disk CD and started the system which shows the A drive as the boot files and the R drive as CD drive with additional utilities The first thing I tried was cd c and the response was quot invalid drive specification quot gt Is this the no-brainer sign Hard drive failure -- just making sure! the discard the drive and start anew PC Dell Latitude D Pentium M GHz MHz MB Memory WIndows XP Pro Goal Create a working PC for kids to use homework and exploring not gaming primarily internet browsing MS Word MS Excel Additional Questions gt Is this PC worth spending a little to restore new drive probably gt Will I need additional memory too it seemd to work fast enough when I last used it gt If the hard drive is unreadable and I don t have Windows CDs how does one re-install windows this was a pc retired by my prior workplace has product key sticker service tag etc Thanks nbsp

A:Hard drive failure -- just making sure!

It appears your hard drive is dead or damaged. Install a new hard drive, and run your reinstall. You should have no problems. But count on a long time for downloading updates using Microsoft Update.
One thing for sure, you need more memory for that Dell D600... I would put in 2 GB of Put in the largest drive you can afford. Be sure that your drive is either a SATA or an EIDE drive before you order a new one. As you probably know, that system has two memory slots for DDR PC2700. My suggestion would be to get two modules of 1 GB each... which will cost you about $35 to $40 per module, depending on where you buy them.
Because of the destruction of the hard drive factories in Thailand, laptop memory is priced very high right now... you will pay closer to $100 or more, rather than your hoped for $60.

You can get a copy of the Dell Windows CD by calling Dell or going on line... usually free... If you still have the Windows Sticker product ID on the computer. Or they are $20 on eBay.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-failure-just-making-sure.178877/
Relevancy 24.08%

Yup, sad to say. Will not show up in the BIOS.

Are there any tests or anything I can do with this SSD? Its an OCZ 120GB.

I'd like to either save it, I dont need the information on it. Or do something creative with it, (i dont know)

Anything Techspot brothers?

A:SSD failure. Any tests I can run?

Check it with another SATA lead, and on another SATA port. Also try it on another machine to confirm first.

SSD's rarely fall, and from what I've seen, when they do its either firmware related failures, or it's because defraging the disk has caused excessive write operations and worn it out. You should never, ever defrag an SSD, but many people don't realise it.

Might be worth speaking to OCZ, it might be covered by a warranty still, or have a recall for faulty firmware which might sort it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ssd-failure-any-tests-i-can-run.177675/
Relevancy 23.65%

I recently finished building a low budget gaming rig, after installing windows 7, the drivers for my hardware, doing updates...etc, my bios warned me that my hard drive's status is "BAD", I skipped this warning and booted into windows where I was informed that my hard drive could fail soon and I should back up. I should mention that I formerly used this drive in an external enclosure for almost two years before using it in my rig.

I backed up and ran crystal clear disk info (see results attached). What should my next course of action be? Could I have done something wrong in the building process to cause this?

A:Imminent disk failure?

The disk is going bad, to put it in simple terms.

It could continue for a while longer, but I would consider replacing it.

There might be an option that could repair the damage (I think), but I'm sure someone else will say if there is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/imminent-disk-failure.177517/
Relevancy 23.22%

I am attempting to reboot a Dell Inspiron 600m for a friend. I was able to install a fresh copy of Windows XP on it. The problem I am experiencing with it is that it often refuses to start up. I simply get a few lights, then they turn off. No attempting to run the CPU/Hard Drive etc.
I would assume the laptop is fried but it does not always do this. It also sometimes starts up and runs windows with no problems.
Any ideas on what is causing this problem and how to fix it?

A:Dell laptop intermittent startup failure

Replace the system board battery. Disassemble and reassemble by removing the keyboard and tracking down the cables... especially the cable to the screen. Replace the screen inverter card... which is cheap and will be needed sooner or later anyway. Remove, clean cpu cooling fan, and replace. Remove and replace the heat sink if the metal of the old one is rainbow colored from excessive heat.
Track all cables and connections and connectors as you re-assemble.
If it is any good, this extra work, which may take four hours (after the ordered parts come in) and you will know if you are going to have a good experience or if you have wasted your time... and your friend's time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-laptop-intermittent-startup-failure.176931/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello again,
I've got a customer with what sounds like a memory issue. I want to run Memtest86+ on it, but there is an issue. On bootup, I get "keyboard failure" and I can't enter the BIOS to change the boot device priority so that I can load Memtest86+ from a flash drive or cd. The keyboard works fine once I'm into Windows, but I can't use it before Windows loads.
Things tried:
Reset CMOS.
Unplugged all other usb devices, including card reader internally.
Checked device manager, looks clean.

Thanks for any help.

A:Keyboard failure Dell Inspiron 580

Is it a GUI BIOS? Can you unplug the keyboard and use a mouse? Is the keyboard USB or PS/2?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-failure-dell-inspiron-580.176553/
Relevancy 23.22%

So, I've reinstalled my system back to XP, and installed all of the devices but it shows that there's no sound card. It shows the "code 10" problem. I've tried to reinstall the driver, and installed different updated version,but still no luck. I have attached my dxdiag, so if anyone call tell me where's my problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-ac97-audio-problem-code-10.176289/
Relevancy 23.22%

Okay so i keep having this problem where my Standard VGA graphics adapter wont run it says its up to date on updates but i want to manually find an update and update it myself but i dont know where to find it.

I have a

ASUS K53TA-BBR6 AMD A6-3400M Quad-core (1.4GHz - 2.3GHz)

please help :[

A:Standard VGA graphics adapter (Code 10)

Can you say what your PC is? Make/model ?
Which Windows version are you using?
If you are not sure exactly what the graphics are then you can download this small program to give you info about it.
http://download.cnet.com/GPU-Z/3000-2094_4-10788513.html
You will need to visit the makers website to download the correct driver, when you have the information.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/standard-vga-graphics-adapter-code-10.174539/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi my problem is literally every harddisk i use eventually comes to a failure It started before some time when i bought ASUS laptop dont remember exactly which but it started i think it started with N it had a Samsung HDD i think After few moths there was an issue with hard disk so i sent the laptop to the service and they changed the hard disk Everything was fine then but after some months it happen again Same solution - changed hard disk When it hard disk failure Repeating happened for Repeating hard disk failure third time i was really furious because i thought it is laptops fault so i ask to refund the laptop back With Repeating hard disk failure the money i bought parts and made my own PC was a year ago It is working fine till today when HDD started to make strange noises randomly making noise like when under high activity sometimes it makes click sound - same it makes when i shut down computer and also random drops in its speed sometimes resulting in OS freezing for secs and a there is also SMART notice in the POST I know that best solution is to backup and send for exchange as it is under warranty yet but i think that it cannot be coincidence and i must be doing something wrong Few things i can think of is temperature that might have been the problem in the laptop but i dont think it is a case in PC as i sometimes checked the temperature or maybe some software i use is causing it but i am not sure if this is possible I would be really thankful to any advice into future nbsp

A:Repeating hard disk failure

adikus said:

making noise like when under high activity, sometimes it makes click sound - same it makes when i shut down computer), and also random drops in its speed(sometimes resulting in OS freezing for 2 secs) and a there is also SMART notice in the POST.Click to expand...

Not good but clearly a definitive indication of HD error(s).

I would be really thankful to any advice into future.Click to expand...

Is your fan operating? Have you blown out all the dust?

Have you ever used CHKDSK C: /F? If your system freezes and you elect to force a power off by holding the power button for 5 sec, then you should restart
using Save Mode (F8) and run CHKDSK C: /F before booting normally.

Systems just don't eat HDs - - there's something in your usage that is causing the system to not flush I/O before powering off - - NOT GOOD!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/repeating-hard-disk-failure.174590/
Relevancy 21.93%

my laptop is a dell latitude/D520 PP17L
IT SHOWS UP ERROR CODE 1000-0148 UNIT 2 OPTICAL DRIVE BISTOPU TEST FAILD.thats all it says and i'm running windows 7 please can anyone help on what to do .also it plays dvds but no other discs i looked on dell site for code and it says take drive out then put back in and it shuld work but would like help from here before i touch it as this site and the people here have always been 100% spot on .. thanks

A:Error code 1000-0148 CD-ROM drive (Dell Latitude D520)

wow no one can help ??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-code-1000-0148-cd-rom-drive-dell-latitude-d520.173060/
Relevancy 23.65%
Q: Code 31

so it says monkey audio works with win98 and more ...

I have win98se, wonder where to start fixing with,
MonkeyAudio install error:
Ape.ax
unable to register dll/ocx

device not functioning

abort ...
rolling back changes

A:Code 31

thanks alot guys,
yeah i didnt think so

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/code-31.172308/
Relevancy 17.2%

I am very very frustrated since I waited a while to get this motherboard from china. My last DFI board randomly died on me and I ordered this as a replacement because I wanted a decent 775 board. I worked on it all night tonight and despite it reading all the hardware... it will not boot unless I reset the cmos every time. On top of that... I can not get the bios to update... it doesn't read any of the 5 usb drives I tried (fat/fat32). Also I tend to get this grey screen when trying to flash it sometimes. I am beside myself at this point after fussing with it for hours on end and I really need some help.

A:Asus P5E3 BIOS won't update and needs CMOS reset to boot every time

Sounds like either the BIOS is corrupted or the motherboard battery is a goner.

Have you tried burning the new BIOS to a bootable CD ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p5e3-bios-wont-update-and-needs-cmos-reset-to-boot-every-time.171511/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi guys

My pc has recently been giving me problems, like it froze sometime ago while I was playing games, it displayed that blue screen with a lot of error codes and then just reboot. So now when I try to format the OS partition and install a fresh copy of windows, it always gives me an error saying that windows cannot format the drive, so please guys I realy need help all of my information is on the other partition, so please any help would be appreciated, adn if possible suggestions to fix the problem will be very much appreciated.

Thanx in advance.

A:Possible hardware failure

First, slave your harddrive to another system and you will be able to access your information which you can then burn to a DVD.

Second, while it it is slaved run a harddrive diagnostics on said harddrive,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/possible-hardware-failure.170730/
Relevancy 23.22%

When I go through the Extended Self Test (EST) I get an error code 404 for the scanner. How do I correct/clear that code? Does it have something to do with the scanner bulb?

A:HP 9100C Error Code 404

This is called an HP 9100C Digital Sender. Was it built in 2004?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-9100c-error-code-404.170452/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hello All,
Desperate for some help. I have a DV8263 ea HP Pavillion laptop that isnt booting up. As soon as i press the power button the left blue light at the front comes on and the computer sounds like it is kicking in and then the fan stops but the lights remain on the HP Quickplay bits and the powerlight at the front is on but not the HD access light. The screen does nothing. I have tried to plug in an external monitor in case the screen isnt working but that doesnt nothing. Any idea what it could be?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-dv8000-failure-to-boot.170344/
Relevancy 17.63%

I am looking for a way to bring an old IBM desktop machine that I built Into more sutible working conditions. Does any one have any Ideas on how I can update the innerds of my computer?
I know this very vauge but I dont have the computer with me now and am looking to stock up on what I need (Info and parts) Before I get back to it.
\Thanks?

A:Best way to update graphics on five-year-old IBM desktop

We heed to know the components you have before we can recommend upgrades. What is the IBM model number - or better a link to the IBM spec list for it - and what new components did you put in?

Also, what is your budget and how do you use the PC?

For a starter on learning about video card upgrades, I recommend this site:

http://www.upgradevideocards.com/

Pay particular attention to the criteria page that addresses system constraints in the upgrade process - and helps you define your wants and needs in a way that is useful:

http://www.upgradevideocards.com/criteria.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-way-to-update-graphics-on-five-year-old-ibm-desktop.169271/
Relevancy 20.64%

I bought a used HP 9100C digital sender and I get a "Network Access Failure" error message on my pc when I try to create the "HP 9100C Login with the HP software. Any thoughts?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-bought-a-used-hp-9100c-digital-sender-and-i-get-a-network-access-failure.167938/
Relevancy 18.06%

After doing some research...(I feel fairly stupid) I have figured out that a Ati Radeon Hd 5400 Series graphics card, is not the best for gaming. I got this PC for Christmas from iBuypower. Here are my specs:

CPU AMD Athlon II X2 250
CPU Speed 3.00 Ghz
Motherboard Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co.
Motherboard Model GA-770T-USB3
Ram 4 Gigabytes
Power Supply MaxPower PX-480 (480w)

And I am from the US.
Thx to cfitzarl for the guide to opening a new thread.
BTW I play games like WOW and Rift soon to be Magicka.

Relevancy 18.06%

Planning to upgrade my graphic card here are the current specs :

Intel C2D 2.8 Ghz
4 GB DDR2 RAM
Intel DG31 PR
250 GB HDD

Currently using Nvidia 8400 GS.Max monitor resolution is 1400x900 but will be upgrading to a bigger monitor in a few months.
Will also upgrade psu for the new card budget is around 150$ excluding the psu cost but am willing to extend or reduce the budget.Need the card to play games at higher settings.Please suggest a good card for me Thanks.

A:Graphic card update

Antec High Current Gamer Series HCG-520 520W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V v2.91 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply
SAPPHIRE 100315L Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphic-card-update.166962/
Relevancy 22.36%

I am apologizing before I start because I have limited knowledge and hope not to waste anyone s time The story I am trying to recover a few from recovering laptop Problem drive motherboard hard data after failure data files from Problem recovering data from laptop hard drive after motherboard failure my old hard drive I have removed my hard drive from my laptop in which the motherboard crashed The hard drive is about a year old laptop years old I placed the removed drive into a usb drive enclosure The failed computer had Vista OS my new computer has Windows OS The failed drive has a password on it at the level of logging into windows When I connected old drive to new computer via usb the new computer recognized it and gave it a drive letter If if clicked on the drive I could see the files in it When I tried to go to the files that contained my data I got a message that I did have permission to open them Then the new computer continuously tried to open the file This process wouldn t stop even trying to kill it with the Task Master I had to pull the drive out of the usb and reboot my new computer questions What should I do Is this a problem with conflicting OS systems passwords too many OS I have looked at forums but could not find anything that I could understand and use Any suggestions Thanks nbsp

A:Problem recovering data from laptop hard drive after motherboard failure

Try to take ownership.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-recovering-data-from-laptop-hard-drive-after-motherboard-failure.166676/
Relevancy 24.08%

My laptop recently just stopped showing anything on the screen, its just black. The computer still starts and works fine with an external monitor. So my question is how do I know what to replace the cable or the LCD? I did some research online and it seems if it were the cable you could tap/bend/turn screen and you'd get something to display even for a moment but nothing happens, so is it safe to say its the LCD itself? Any info appreciated, thank you. (HP Pavilion DV4 2045dx BTW)

A:LCD or cable failure?

Take a flash light and shine it on the LCD screen. If you can see a faint image, the LCD back light has failed. If you see no image, the LCD inverter may be bad. It is a separate piece. The inverter doesn't fail that often though. You can change the back light but it is a pain. Whole LCD panels including the back light can be purchased. I get mine from EBay, most of the time for $150 and under. You can check the cable when you take the top apart. Unless the laptop has been abused, the cable(s) are usually okay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lcd-or-cable-failure.166333/
Relevancy 23.22%

mobo:

asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3/M4A88TM/

asus m4a88t-m

memory:

hynix.com/datasheet/eng/module/details/module_20_HMT125R7TFR8C.jsp?menu1=01&menu2=01&menu3=01&menuNo=1&m=1&s=1

hynix hmt125r7tfr8c

the board does no beeps, but it features MemOK! and has a dram_led... the dram_led is blinking red continuously... this is the ecc memory and the said board is supposed to support ecc... i tried reinstalling / reseating the memory - same result... i'm going to buy some other memory, but what could be the problem here? any help is appreciated

A:Mobo + memory = POST failure

Assuming the board and system is powering up...
Have you tried resetting the board? Clearing CMOS ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-memory-post-failure.165575/
Relevancy 18.06%

I hope this hasn t been asked already I searched for similar questions but there are a vast number of topics already posted that I don t think I even scratched the surface This is the second time I ve recieved a notification update? Recommend BIOS from Dell Support Center with the recommendation to update my BIOS I didn t do it the first time because I had no idea what I was doing and Recommend BIOS update? knew that messing with your BIOS could cause some serious problems This time I figure I will ask the experts first This is the message I am getting quot BIOS UPDATE AVAILABLE There is a critical new BIOS update available This critical BIOS update will fix problems or add features to the computer Recommend BIOS update? s BIOS It is strongly recommended to update to this latest BIOS quot Short sweet and to the point My question is whether or not it seems like a good idea to go ahead and do the update Recommend BIOS update? In regards to BIOS updates I ve been told quot if it ain t broke don t fix it quot but if the update will speed things up or have some benefit I m interested Also if it does seem like a good thing to do how do I go about it so I don t end up with a paper weight Thanks for the help nbsp

A:Recommend BIOS update?

I would agree with your final comment, "if it ain't broke don't fix it". But, on the other hand if Dell are pushing this recommendation then it may have some benefits, just make certain it is coming from Dell and not some bogus site. Go to the official Dell support site and look up your PC's drivers, it will show you in there what the latest version the Bios is, just check it against what you have. Go into Bios at boot and it will be written at the top of the screen.

http://support.dell.com/support/index.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&~ck=bt

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommend-bios-update.165610/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hello on update Can't my Asus UL30VT! driver graphics I m not sure this belongs in this forum section so if it doesn t please don t bite my head off All right so about a month ago the laptop I used to game with broke because of a water accident Thus I cannot get it repaired for free and my poor little student budget can t afford a repair So now I Can't update my graphics driver on Asus UL30VT! m using my tiny UL VT to game with until Can't update my graphics driver on Asus UL30VT! I can get hold of someone who can repair my dear laptop for something cheaper than what the store I bought it at charges for it - And it has been coping surprisngly fine considering that it isn t a laptop meant for that But yesterday I ran into a problem where I am forced to update my graphics driver to be able to play on decent graphics in most of my games So I downloaded the newest driver from nvidia and everything was fine until it told me that it couldn t install because it couldn t find the hardware itself I got told that s because of the option to switch betweens graphics Intel GMA X MHD and NVIDIA GeForce G M in my UL VT and thus I need to get a special driver from ASUS But that driver s nowhere to be found So are anyone here able to tell me where I can find the driver I need It really annoys me to have to play on the lowest graphics possible just because of a stupid driver problem THanks in advance nbsp

A:Can't update my graphics driver on Asus UL30VT!

ASUS driver

Been to the ASUS driver download page, BUT it was blank at first try, so forced it to reload the page;
http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us
There are 2 drivers listed for your UL30VT, 1) is a patch , (V1.0.0.1)@116KB, and
2) nVidia graphic driver, (V8.15.11.8688)@ 97MB.
These are for Windows 7. Hope this is what you meant.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-update-my-graphics-driver-on-asus-ul30vt.161462/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hello Motherboard GA- VT P Combo rev x Current CPU Intel Pentium D GHz Target CPU Intel Core Quad ghz m a Graphics Nvidia GeForce GTS RAM x Corsair DDR GB OS Windows -bit Hard Drive gb Seagate Power Supply Antec Earthwatts W Max Hello i am about to lose it So i have the configuration as stated and i am trying to update the bios so that an intel core quad ghz m a works because that particular processor is listed on the cpu support list for my motherboard however to without BIOS Need floppy update when i try to use it i get a blank screen on startup no bios no nothing I narrowed it down to the bios because i also tried an intel core duo ghz m and had the same problem blank screen on startup and no bios So thats why at the moment i have a pentium d in Need to update BIOS without floppy because it worked so i figured since the core quad is on the support list but isnt working i should update the bios i downloaded the latest version FD and tried to run the exe from my desktop of windows but got the error quot This system Need to update BIOS without floppy does not support fullscreen mode Choose Close to terminate Need to update BIOS without floppy the application quot Fine so i noticed qflash in the bios area and realised thats the method of my current bios and went into it by pressing delete to enter setup then F for qflash Options were keep DMI data Enable with the option to disable I don t know what DMI data is save bios to floppy or update bios from floppy So I grab a floppy drive and plug it in one that I know is working from trying it on another pc The floppy drive doesn t work it doesn t register a floppy drive nor in windows or in qflash Turns out my input connecter for floppy seems to be busted on my motherboard Reason I think this is because I tried my power supply plugged into the floppy drive then the floppy ide into another pc s motherboard input and turned them on at the same time and I got the green light on the floppy drive working which means it s the input on my motherboard not my power supply nor the cable It seems the only way to update the bios is via floppy I tried putting the files onto a DVD and booting it but it didn t read any files as bootable I tried a usb but the only option in qflash is floppy AND THE MOTHERBOARD FLOPPY CONNECTER IS BUSTED I cant seem to do anything without it What do I do Is there another way of updating my bios I NEED to have support for a core quad Why does my floppy input not work Its just one problem after another Do such faults warrant repair from gigabyte Could a usb floppy be an option Would my primitive bios see a usb floppy as a floppy nbsp

A:Need to update BIOS without floppy

You didn't read the support list properly. The Core 2 Quad or Core 2 Duo processors are not supported. See here: http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=1937 The N/A in the "Since BIOS Version" column means not supported. See the red note in the upper left of the page?

So you are wasting your time trying to update the BIOS. There's no point.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-to-update-bios-without-floppy.164518/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hello year old Jason here a week ago a lightning storm was brewing near my neighborhood and the power outages all went off when it went back on my computer became very dysfunctional When I press the power button on the computer I get lead into windows loading Computer power failure session and they give me options on how to run my pc Safe Mode Safe Mode with Networking Safe Mode with Command Prompt Last Known Configuration your most recent settings that worked Start Windows NormallyClick to expand Computer power failure Unfortunately none of these options actually work once I select one of the option my PC just restarts and goes back to this option however I can go into my BIOS system setup Is there anything I can do to fix my computer Here s my system information Bios Information Version Build Date Processor Type AMD Phenom tm Triple-Core Processor Speed MHz Count System Memory Installed Size MB Usable Size I m on a temporary laptop please don t expect me to be a computer guru I require assistance because I know nothing of computers but I can follow instructions nbsp

A:Computer power failure

Jason, did you have your system connected through a power surge protector? Do you have any friends who have tech knowledge that can use a digital multimeter to test your power supply?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-power-failure.164282/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello and thank you Dell USB failure Dimension port c521 for reading the time to read this post About a few months ago I started to experience USB port failure Dell Dimension c521 a very strange problem with USB port failure Dell Dimension c521 my mouse--which many have described before-- it is basically erratic behavior hard to move it from left to right up down etc This occurs sometimes when batteries are low so I replaced the batteries and no luck then I tried switching the usb port of the receiver and still no luck i then concluded it was the mouse so I went out and bought a new mouse still the new mouse was ALSO acting erratically so I can only conclude that their must be some kind of problem with my USB ports I should note that I recently purchased a new laptop and the mouse functions properly on that computer so I don t believe it is a problem with the mouse The kicker is that my wireless card which is also USB related works fine And also my keyboard usb works fine so realistically I have no idea why my computer mouse is not functioning properly I have tried different mouse have tried different USB ports have the mouse working on diff computers but I can t get it to work on my main desktop consistently that is It works dont get me wrong but after some time it starts to act all weird for - minutes then works then acts weird and it makes it quite hard to game which is what I enjoy using my desktop for I realize this computer is a little old but I m not ready to completely retire it as it is still fully functional in many other respects Has anyone experienced this problem or have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it nbsp

A:USB port failure Dell Dimension c521

OK, follow this guide and look for the mouse drivers and delete all of them, then reboot the PC and it should reinstall the mouse driver.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-port-failure-dell-dimension-c521.163910/
Relevancy 18.06%

Ok so I have a custom build PC. I have a Asus P5K motherboard. I have upgraded to Windows 7 due to vista sucking *** lmao. But the only problem with that is, my motherboard is not compatable with Windows 7. I keep getting the BSOD because i need to update my BIOS. What can I do to fix this..." BECIDES GOING BACK TO VISTA"

A:I can't update my BIOS

Have you tried using the Asus "EZ Flash 2" utility? Here is ASUS download page for your motherboard:
ASUS P5K

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-update-my-bios.163688/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello As stated in the title I get the quot Verifying DMI Pool Data DISK BOOT FAILURE INSERT DISK AND PRESS ENTER quot This only happens when I have both cables going from board to harddrive to DVDroom The wide flat one IDE i think it is called doesn t change anything no matter if i change order or the cable itself The other one sata for power is the f ckup No matter what order its in he cannot be in the DVDroom at all because then i get the message and I cant Yes installation disk another attempt DVD boot about failure, but a driver figure Yes another disk boot failure, but about a DVD driver installation attempt out where and how to change that cable for Yes another disk boot failure, but about a DVD driver installation attempt a new since it goes into the giant box under forgotten its name Now I have searched long and hard for solutions Ive changed the order of boot countless times in any variation I could think of Note I do not have the disk my comp asks for also a problem I remember looong ago I had the same problem on my other stationary computer but that got fixed by wiggling the cables a bit This Yes another disk boot failure, but about a DVD driver installation attempt time Im about to stress myself hairless over this All I want to do is to have a DVD-room its basic yet impossible gt gt gt Pls share your solutions the other sites been about other stuff like raid and sathio or something- makes me confused Here s some info System Intel R Core TM CPU GHz GHz bit windows Gb ram Motherboard GA-x -DQ ADVANCED BIOS FEAT First Hard Drive Second CD Room Third Disabled nbsp

A:Yes another disk boot failure, but about a DVD driver installation attempt

It is spelled DVD ROM, DVD RAM or CD/DVD drive. Are both the DVD and the hard drive IDE (Big 40 wire flat cable)? If you can't boot with the DVD drive connected, check to see that both the IDE Hard drive and the IDE DVD drive's jumpers are set in the CS (cable select) position. You can set the IDE hard drive to (M)Master and the IDE DVD drive to (S)Slave. They can not be the same, except when setting to both drives to CS. The giant box is the power supply. You can buy Molex 4-pin to SATA power connectors...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/yes-another-disk-boot-failure-but-about-a-dvd-driver-installation-attempt.163065/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hey has anyone ever heard of this I have a Dell laptop that told me it needed to update my video drivers so I did and all hell broke loose I couldn t issues 1536 Studio Dell after HD update run AVG everything was bogged down and it took FOREVER to open folders or files I tried restore it but all restores points were gone and I tried using Dell CDs to restore the HD put it keep failing I finally had to pull the drive out and hook it by USB to another system also running AVG and scanned it It said I had only two virii both Win Heur in Dell Studio 1536 HD issues after update the updated ATI drivers After it scanned I used AVG on the desktop computer to quarantine the files and heal them It told me it couldn t because they longer existed Then when I tried to look at the contents of that partition it was blank When I put it back in the laptop it tried to boot but fails saying no bootable media exists Now multiple errors are popping up with other hardware on the system I hooked it back up to the desktop and I can still see the drive but no files Any clues on what I ve done I posted in the virus and malware forum but they said it looked like a windows issue Any suggestions would be most appreciated TD Sorry I can t give any log files but they re just vanished nbsp

A:Dell Studio 1536 HD issues after update

You will probably have to purchase a Dell restore disc for your model laptop and do a fresh install of Windows

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-studio-1536-hd-issues-after-update.162700/
Relevancy 20.21%

Have a "pxe-e61: media test failure, check cable" error on a toshiba satelitte L455-S5975, Windows 7

Had to replace hard drive because orginal failed. Changed BIOS to boot CD/DVD drive first, then hard drive second, to load Windows. When I started laptop I received "pxe-e61: media test failure, check cable" error. I changed BIOS to load the hard drive 1st, CD/DVD 2nd. same issue.
- BIOS does identify both HDD & CD/DVD drives.
- CD/DVD drive was working correctly right before the old HDD failed.

What else can I do?

Thanks.

A:"Pxe-e61: media test failure" error help

Go into your Bios and see if Network is in the boot order and disable it. Then try to boot again and post back what happens.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pxe-e61-media-test-failure-error-help.162394/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi i need to update my BIOS but i cant find the update anywhere as Packard Bell dont have it on there site as its an older system.
Specs are:
Packard Bell BV IMEDIA MC 2569 PB34330401
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD W7301VP2.025 10/13/2006
Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1 (build 7601)
System Serial Number: 127381660309
Chassis Serial Number: 50424E
Enclosure Type: Desktop
1.87 gigahertz Intel Core 2 Duo
64-bit ready
Multi-core (2 total)
Board: Packard Bell BV Cuba MS-7301 1.0
Bus Clock: 266 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD W7301VP2.025 10/13/2006

Listed as much as i can to help someone help me, as i need this update badly.
Thanks in advance
Joe

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/imedia-bios-update-help.161852/
Relevancy 23.65%
Q: Code 10

Hello All,
my usb device on my computer is not working, every time i try to attach a new device to the usb I get the code 10, how can I fix that?
Thank you very much for all your help.
Jon

A:Code 10

Could you clarify: does code 10 appear for any USB device (including things like keyboar/mouse) or is it just storage devices (like flash cards, USB drives, CD/ROM?)

please indicate what type (or types) or if ALL devices are failing with code 10

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/code-10.161334/
Relevancy 22.36%

I have a satellite A65-S126. model no. PSA60U-02KO15. the laptop is failing to boot. When l power it up, Iit requires me to pick last known good configuration or us the safe mode options.
I have tried to reinstall the operation system and when the installer tries to copy files to the disk, it gives the following error message, "file ntkrnlmp.exe could not be loaded. the error code is 7. setup cannot continue, press any key to exit"..
l have checked my dvd rom by way of installing it on another similar laptop and it has worked. Have also checked my memory modules and they again proved to be working.
Your assistance on this matter, team, will greatly be appreciated.

A:Satellite A65-S126. File ntkrnp.exe could not be loaded. Error code is 7

See this link:
http://www.computer-adviser.com/error-code-7.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/satellite-a65-s126-file-ntkrnp-exe-could-not-be-loaded-error-code-is-7.161198/
Relevancy 23.22%

Help Required History gt I Asus failure access P5s800-vm BIOS have recently upgraged my asus motherboard from to meg DDR All worked great then I attempted to upgrade the video card from the existing PCI onboard to a AGP Sparkle Geforce FX DDR Followed the install instructions and was able to view the new AGP card specs at boot up Used windows XP sp for that evening and continued using all my existing browsers and utilities Downloaded the latest NVIDIA Asus P5s800-vm BIOS access failure drivers for the card all OK Shut system down last evening routine Today I can t get windows to inteface with the graphic card Upon startup I see sata primary not found and sata secondary not found but I can t enter the bios to reset the I O Tried the cmos reset and the lithium battery pull method but still can t access the bios to check the PCI AGP setting or the clock settings On reboot there is power and sound the keyboard CD drive monitor all illuminate I get short beeps and then loose the windows xp boot I won t give to a computer interface device box quot Dan Starke The Good Guy s Fox TV quot DH nbsp

A:Asus P5s800-vm BIOS access failure

The beep code you have means that the system timer is inoperable which indicates that your motherboard has failed.

All I can suggest is that you remove the new card and see if the system will then boot up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p5s800-vm-bios-access-failure.160483/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have a tb Freeagent that got from my father back in June Its worked absolutely fine since then but ever since last night it hasn t worked a single bit The last thing I was doing was copying some files and then kaputz I have checked many forums At first I could see it come up in My Computer every once in a while frequently more like it it gave me the dreaded message You must format this hard drive Foolishly I didn t as it is my only back up drive with everything I have ever had on it since last year By the way it had been Christmas... Not failure? on drive external clicking on and off but before the Not on Christmas... external drive failure? light could completely turn off it restarts Because of that I cannot or could not copy back up or even format the damn thing at all I thought by going to sleep I would wake up on Christmas morning and everything would be okay It got worse Now I can t see it in My Computer it doesn t show up as a random drive Local Disk J for instance instead of Freeagent Drive G and it clicks on and off and does squat When I plug it in everything that I could use for it freezes until I unplug it even the safely remove hardware thing It doesn t show up in Disk Management and device manager says that nothing is wrong but when I right click on it it freezes just like everything else I didn t droop it or anything either I unplugged it for something else and lo and behold chaos ensued PS I have tried it on five computers three different cables two AC power cords four different outlets three different ports and unplugging everything but the AC cord in hopes that it wasn t receiving enough power I am not good with computer speak seeing as I m in high school so please take it easy on me Any help would be appreciated Even if its quot It s dead Jim quot nbsp

A:Not on Christmas... external drive failure?

...and it clicks on and off and does squat.Click to expand...

Sounds to me like the external drive might be kaput, sorry.

If the drive is still under warranty you can most likely send it back to the manufacturer and they will replace/repair the drive and recover your data for free.

If not, you can try to recover the data yourself but this will almost definitely void the warranty and the process can be fairly complicated.

Hope this helps.

PS: Many times manufacturers will replace your faulty device even if it is not covered by a warranty. Make sure to ask them before you attempt any repairs yourself if you aren't confident.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/not-on-christmas-external-drive-failure.158723/
Relevancy 18.06%

I purchased a new computer an Acer last August so it is about months old My computer runs Windows Vista I recently tried installing a program How update I sound do my card? and could not get it to run on my computer I sent my dxdiag file to the tech support and they told me that I most likely needed to update my sound card since it is from March I attempted through the windows update screen to find updates and I also have tried to update drivers through the quot find updated drivers quot that is on my computer and both of those options tell me that my drivers sound card are up to date However it is still possible that I can download something from the manufacturer website I have a Realtek soundcard but the only way to download updates is to know what model I have The way they reccommend to do that is to unscrew the computer and look on the soundcard itself The problem is that we have a very compact model and I would prefer not to go fishing around in such How do I update my sound card? a small space Is there a way to find the model of my sound card some other way When I clicked on information about my sound card it says RTKVHDA sys Any information you can provide would be helpful I actually doubt that updating my sound card will make the program work but I want to be able to tell tech support that I did it and it didn t work It isn t the sound of the program that s not working When I click on the program it opens but there is a dialog box with it that says quot Guitar Praise stopped working quot so nothing opens at all I would think if it were the sound card I would be able to have the program open but without sound Thanks Kendra nbsp

A:How do I update my sound card?

you shouldn't ever need to physically upgrade to a better sound card unless you're looking for better quality sound. having said that sound cards are not typically the cause of programs that refuse to install. not sure why they told you to get it replaced as it is probably built in to the motherboard. it sounds to me like the software may be incompatible with the drivers or direct x may need updating.

one quick way to determine your sound card is to download Piriform's Speccy, which will display all of the computer's hardware information. just click on "audio" and check the first section which will have a list of sound cards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-update-my-sound-card.159072/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi there Not a computer expert by any Audio - not This can start 10) (Code device means and would really appreciate your help Audio - This device can not start (Code 10) I tried to download a DVD decoder that would enable me to watch a DVD that wasn t working on Windows Media the other day This still didn t work and gave Audio - This device can not start (Code 10) me a far more frustrating problem as well The sound has now gone and I have a yellow explanation mark next to my audio device in device manager and the device status says This device can not start Code My computer is as follows Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version Service Pack Model T AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor GHZ GB of RAM I have tried de-installing and re-installing got rid of any new downloads checked for Viruses using Kapersky checked the wires and done everything on Windows Troubleshooter a number of times I saw a few other threads on this and it all resulted in the poster having to buy a new sound card Mine is built into my system and this all seems quite fiddly and could cause me to do further damage Has anyone else got any further advice before I go ahead and do this Thanks in advance for any advice given It is much appreciated nbsp

A:Audio - This device can not start (Code 10)

Sounds like the driver needs updating go to manufacturers website and download the latest drivers to your desktop and unpack the driver to your desktop then go into device manager and right click on the sound card select properties and update driver and follow the hard ware wizard and locate the driver you downloaded.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-this-device-can-not-start-code-10.159033/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi Hope that somebody can assist me with this frustrating issue - Abit - Eye AA8XE POST code 3rd intermittent 9.0 - cold boot which continues to perplex my limited computer system knowledge To offer brief background this system was my primary PC until Jan prior to replacement with a Abit AA8XE - 3rd Eye - intermittent cold boot - POST code 9.0 custom built i system Prior to this new setup I was having to leave the system powered as it had become a struggle to reboot successfully from cold However once booted the system would function flawlessly and happily reboot restart at will until switched off and a cold restart attempted Following a Motherboard failure resulting from a blown PSU on an unrelated Gigabyte spare system I deceided to utilise and upspec memory and PSU on the AA XE system as a replacement NB At this stage the system has no OS or HDD s installed just CPU memory and floppy IDE optical drives Once again the intermittent cold boot issue has arisen always resulting in a post code fail at Complete Guru initial process AWARD BIOS take over booting job with no display Several Power Off attempts restarts later and I can successfully boot to FF and Disk Boot Failure no HDD s installed remember Subsequent reboots restarts are a breeze until next cold start of course I have noticed that when the cold boot fail occurs the Graphics Fan does not spin up at boot however when the full boot sequence initiates correctly the Graphics fan comes immediately to life as soon as the power button is pressed NB I have tried reseating the graphics card but it has made no difference Also the power button will not power off the system when at fail though I suspect this is because the system boot sequence has not fully initiated I have also removed all memory and still have the same issue excepting when successful restart fails at C Memory sticks replaced and swapped one at a time to eliminate bad memory and no issues found problem persists Once booting normally CPU is recognised all memory including above test configurations recognised correctly and IDE optical drives recognised even boots off an OS cd Have already tried CMOS reset and I am running BIOS defaults at this stage other than graphics initialise PCIx rather than default PCI the settings are not currently overclocked Seem to recall that RAM voltages at AA XE default were wrong only a distant memory so may not be correct on that if so might this cause a and this issue As the issue is intermittent and relates only to a start from cold I suspect that it is related to the motherboard and wonder if it is possibly a problem with the BIOS chip Would welcome any advice to resolve this issue nbsp

A:Abit AA8XE - 3rd Eye - intermittent cold boot - POST code 9.0

From cold, can you heat the area around the CPU up with a hair dryer, then try booting.
If that makes no difference, try the rest of the board.

Have you tried a different graphics card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/abit-aa8xe-3rd-eye-intermittent-cold-boot-post-code-9-0.159062/
Relevancy 23.22%

So i installed this 4350 in a machine that has been running it quite nicely for the past couple of weeks. Today i get a message saying the machine had shut down and was not powering on, [As in, its cold, dead, no power].

So i went and took a look at it, realized the power supply was fine. So i removed the graphic card seeing that it was the most recently installed hardware, and bingo, there was power. So i replaced the graphics card and just like that no power.

What is the cause of this?
Is it that the graphics card is suddenly shorting the motherboard?

PSU is 600W
Mobo: Asrock Wolfdale 1333-D667

A:Graphics card power failure

Your PSU should more than handle a HD4350 GPU.

I would suggest you fit the GPU to another computer to compare how it handles that. If it does the same thing, I would assume the GPU is faulty. That said, its more likely not to work than do something like your experiencing.

FYI, I ran a HD4670 with a PSU half your wattage, so yours shouldn't be an issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-power-failure.158384/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have a Targa computer for repair which was giving no signal to the screen from the Pciex card, if I connected to the onboard adapter everything worked fine.
I replaced the card with a new one but the new card is not recognised by the pc and no signal to the screen, I tried a third card but the same applies. If I connected the monitor and booted up with either card in it would boot into windows but the new card is not detected.
I am beginning to think that the PCIex slot has failed which means a new mobo, the mobo is an ASUS IPN73-BA.
Do you thonk that the slot has failed or should I look at something else before I condemn the mobo.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suspect-pcie-slot-failure.157886/
Relevancy 23.22%

PROBLEM PC was unintentionally left unattended for hours while connected to quot Lowes com quot Shopping Cart When I returned to PC internet connection was lost amp cold not reconnect to internet Comcast modem was working fine all lights green also verified this with Comast Running Bit Vista on a Gateway GT Desktop Comcast Modem is connected directly to PC via Ethernet cable No wireless routers are being used Initial Solution Diagonstics Went to device manager line items under Network adapters Ethernet Controller - which was working 19 Error on connections USB Code fine Some item that had quot Comcast quot in the line Code 19 Error on USB connections item - this had the YELLOW EXCLAIMATION POINT saying that it was not working properly Another item that I can t recall the specific name - this also had the YELLOW EXCLAIMATION POINT saying that it was not working properly I deleted the two items that were not working I know this was a bad idea - should have uninstalled As soon as I did this all seven of my Universal Serial Bus Controllers showed the YELLOW EXCLAIMATION POINT - saying quot Windows cannot start this device because its configuration information is incomplete or Code 19 Error on USB connections damaged Code Obviously no devices are working in any of the USB ports The PC cannot find any networks ADDITIONAL SOLUTIONS TRIED SO FAR Reestablish Network Connection through Network and Sharing Center Windows Network Diagonstics says Marvel Yukon Ethernet Controller is experiencing driver or hardware issues Ensure that Internet Protcol Version and Verson are selected for the network adapter Comcast Cable Connection Both versions are selected under the Ethernet Controller Properties When double clicking the Local Area Connection Marvel Yukon Controller Icon under Network Connections the following is noticed IPv Connectivity Not Connected IPv Connectivity Not Connected When the Marvel Yukon Ethernet Controller is checked through Device Manager it says the device is working properly and has the correct updated driver Consultation with Gateway Service Tech said that deletion of the two corrupt Network Adapters caused the corruption of the USB s therefore attention was turned to getting the USB s back to make hardware connections which would in turn allow the Ethernet Controller to find the Comcast Modem recognize it and reinstall the network connection Also note on this Gateway PC the Ethernet and USB s are built directly into the motherboard There is no separate Network Card or USB card in the PCI slots Tried to uninstall all USB devices in quot Device Manager quot and Scan for Hardware Changes This reinstalled the USB s but they are still not working - Code Tried to Update Driver for USB s through Device Manager The device manager says the most current driver is installed USB s still not working - Code Tried to do Windows System Restore - Got quot Unspecified Error quot no changes made to machine Tried other system restore points got same results Consultation with Gateway Service Tech said I need to reinstall Chipset drivers for motherboard Tried Gateway Recovery Center - Recover Hardware drivers and chipsets The recovery center for quot Communication Devices and System Components quot there were drivers available Marvel LAN Driver Realtek WLAN Unibryce Modem No motherboard chipsets were available Tried reinstalling the drivers above did not improve USB situation Tried Gateway web site to download drivers entered by PC serial number to get appropriate drivers but motherboard chipsets were not shown among the choices Actually downloaded different sets of drivers that might have been applicable to the motherboard chipset drivers but they turned out to only be video card drivers Other aspects of the Computer are working properly startup keyboard amp mouse if plugged into PS connectors DVD disk drives I can run MS Office and other applications Just can t use any USB and removable SDCard Compact Flash Card slots etc and can t connec... Read more

A:Code 19 Error on USB connections

You may ultimately need to reinstall Windows.. but before getting to that point..

You say no USB devices work?
> Are you using a PS/2 Mouse and Keyboard?

Re: reinstall your network drivers
> First get the network drivers download files onto the computer. Once you do next step you'll have no network connection either
> Look in Ctl Panel->Programs and Features. I'm going to guess you'll find an entry for your network card there. Uninstall from Programs and Features
> Then reinstall the network drivers

Then can you generate a copy of the Problem Device Report?

Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so

Also see How to recover your folders/files when Windows won?t boot to both backup your data if you need reinstall PLUS you can see if your USB and network works under Knoppix (see if its a Windows specific issue or your motherboard)

/* edit */
Also, your problem doesn't have anything to do with upper/lower filters.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/code-19-error-on-usb-connections.157533/
Relevancy 17.63%

I am building a new pc, and I purchased an ASUS M4A88TD-M/USB3 MB a couple of weeks ago...I suspect that the BIOS is of around April - 2010...(302)....I will save the current BIOS to a Flash Drive, before updating current BIOS, but my question is....there are a lot of newer versions, with the latest being 901....If I download the latest version, does it encompass all the other version updates prior ? I intend to use Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit....Thanks in advance....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-update-to-asus-motherboard.157616/
Relevancy 23.65%

have a new HP running windows 7. my belkin wireless router works great but i keep having to go into my control panel and reconnect. several time a day if im on all day. is there a setting i can change or is it the belkin? never had a problem with my verison wifi connection. belkin is a new addition.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-internet-failure.157196/
Relevancy 23.22%

All right guys let me come to the point i am really upset and sorry for posting Image Links on my first post but i wanted to make sure i give all the info i can to fix this Problem ok so I reinstalled my windows xp i have a c-media sound card my on- board is dead so 12 problem Sound - card Code after i installed the drivers i saw that i had no sound when i went to the device maneger i saw a error on the device PIc of the error ---------uploadpic org Sound card - Code 12 problem storage originals enenn skf s fsnnnjn sre n bmp------ This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use Code I did a lot of search and found out some info so heres all the things i tried Sound card - Code 12 problem Reinstall drivers Disable the on-board audio since i reformated i never installed my on-board sound drivers but i did went to bios and saw quot Audio controller quot which i Disabled Move Sound card to a another slot Flash bios I Tried all the things above but still no use so i had to do something since i have no sound i went to System Information to see whats conflicting with the resources heres a pic ---------img imageshack us img png------------ Now as you can see that the Sound card is using quot I O xFFFFFFFC- xFFFFFFF quot Now How do i fix it EDIT By the way i am using Mercury PI GCM Intel Dual Core GHz And GB RAM nbsp

A:Sound card - Code 12 problem

Try another PCI sound card...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-card-code-12-problem.156253/
Relevancy 18.06%

hi
i want to upgrate my bios.who i do that.my systm is showing that words.
Hp d530 sff(pc816pa)
plz help as soon as posible

A:I want to update my BIOS

why do you want to update your BIOS, is something wrong. If in ant broke, don't try to fix it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-want-to-update-my-bios.156041/