Windows Support Forum

Windows Update reports installed Update as not present

Q: Windows Update reports installed Update as not present

I successfully manually installed update KB2810009 (Belarc Advisor reports no missing updates), I did so because Windows Update reported a failed install. Probelm is that now Windows Update will report this update as missing each time I check for updates. If I let Windows install it, it will fail to install keeping the issue forever. Any fix? Thanks.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows Update reports installed Update as not present

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows Update reports installed Update as not present

Pleasefollow the WindowsUpdate Posting Instructions and post the requested data

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/304383-windows-update-reports-installed-update-not-present.html
Relevancy 88.58%

I am using Windows Professional with Service Pack Windows Update has lost my update history and hangs when I tell it to check for updates Windows Update Troubleshooter reports quot Windows Update error x - - -T- P Not Fixed quot How can I get Windows Update working again Here is a detailed account 0x80070057 Reports Not Update Error Fixed Hangs, Windows Windows Update Troubleshooter of the problem Earlier today I ran Windows Update and told it to install important updates It said it was downloading them but stalled for minutes at done I rebooted my computer and re-ran Windows Update It reported that there were no pending important updates I clicked quot View update history quot and saw that the most recent important updates had failed I clicked quot Check for Updates quot and when it finished checking Windows Update continued to report that there were no pending important updates At that point I Windows Update Hangs, Windows Update Troubleshooter Reports Error 0x80070057 Not Fixed concluded that something was wrong with Windows Update In an attempt to fix it I downloaded and ran the Windows Update Troubleshooter WindowsUpdateDiagnostic diagcab It reported one problem found quot Windows Update error x - - -T- P Not Fixed quot After running Windows Update Troubleshooter I re-ran Windows Update It reported that my most recent check for updates was quot Never quot and that updates were installed quot Never quot When I clicked quot View update history quot I saw an empty list When I clicked quot Check for updates quot the application stalled at quot Checking for updates quot I have re-booted re-run Windows Update Troubleshooter and re-run Windows Update at least twice more Windows Update Troubleshooter continues to report quot Windows Update error x quot and Windows Update continues to show no update history and to hang on quot Checking for updates quot

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/25a67d86-9ee5-460d-924b-663a55e34b06/windows-update-hangs-windows-update-troubleshooter-reports-error-0x80070057-not-fixed?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 82.56%

the main thing is each and every install nbsp windows update just searches forever and nothing happens after diagnostic tool it says Datastore edb is corrupted and cant be repaired and each time it download the corrupted Datastore edb can they at leats give a proper service pack for windows nbsp bit ultimate that is then uptodate with working windows update that works after a direct standalone install of sp i use windows update pack windows windows it bit update installed and but in has after Windows out 7 new corrpedted Datastore.edb! ultimate retail and allways downloaded 1 it 64 service bugs ultimate bit and i reinstalled the system allready nbsp times each and every time the same problame that Datastore edb is corrupted and windows update just gets stuck i how you can either releasse a service pack so that windows update works again after a direct install of service pack or a windows update that doesnt use data store cause its yepp Not working i use a amd core with a amd hd readon and gb ram both asus motherboard and grafic as it is now windows update is with windows service pack not useable sincierly Christian Madjari

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/72b8be3b-5ea6-44bc-b1bd-200fa8fb7ec6/windows-update-in-windows-7-64-bit-ultimate-retail-bugs-out-after-service-pack-1-and-it-downloaded?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi,

I have a problem with the windows update. It has a red icon telling me that it is disabled and if I click on check updates it tells me that the service is not running. I searched for the windows update service and I could not find it in the list. Please help me find out what the problem is and how I can solve it.

Thank you

A:Windows 7 update service not present

Hello dragosb,

Welcome to Seven Forums.

Type sevices in the start menu search box and hit enter. Make sure the Windows update service is started and set to automatic (Rt. click on a service and select properties to change).

Hope this helps.

Gary

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/56881-windows-7-update-service-not-present.html
Relevancy 79.12%

A few days ago I updated my system to Win Anniv 1607 using an ISO disc. Today I have the same? update showing up in my Update Status. It is KB3176929. I selected defer updates for now, but why does this show up? I don't want to do this again because I had to do a clean boot to get it to work before and it screwed up some of my files. I saw some update fixes online, but I don't want to roll this back or affect my current system.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/59515-windows-anniv-wants-update-update-i-already-installed.html
Relevancy 79.12%

HP Notebook - -f dx update after Wireless not device Windows present ENERGY STAR Model J H UA nbsp After windows update laptop does not appear to have a wifi device any more nbsp It has an ethernet device and a nbsp USB wifi adapter works but all I have in device manager is some piece of dead silicon calling itself Realtek PCle FE family Wireless device not present after Windows update controller nbsp I'm about fed up with this notebook and the fact that problems can never be resolved with HP nbsp NEVER nbsp HP Support Assistant is a complete waste of time nbsp It fails to install updates and they're not relevant to network anyway Network diagnostics tell me that my connection is okeedokee OF COURSE IT IS BECAUSE I'M NOT USING HP HARDWARE nbsp This laptop has been unreliable BSODing junk since day one nbsp I'm giving this exactly one attempt to fix it then I will order a new laptop of a different brand and tell my boss who buys our computers to never buy anything from HP ever again nbsp

A:Wireless device not present after Windows update

Yeah I experienced the same bro try download the driver and re-install it and restart your notebook. If it is not worked . Recover your system believe yit definetely works. But the thing is you will lose all installed apps and settings. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wireless-device-not-present-after-Windows-update/td-p/5591174
Relevancy 79.12%

I had problems getting windows to update I requested help in this topic http www present MBAR indicated rootkit won't and update Windows bleepingcomputer com forums t windows-update-will-not-work-and-preventing-antivirus-working and after following instructions and posting logs was asked to run FRST and post logs Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by Natalie administrator on NATALIE-PC on - - Windows won't update and MBAR indicated rootkit present Running from C Users Natalie DesktopLoaded Profiles Natalie Available profiles Natalie Windows won't update and MBAR indicated rootkit present amp Guest Windows won't update and MBAR indicated rootkit present Platform Windows Home Premium Service Pack X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode NormalTutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe McAfee Inc C Windows System mfevtps exe McAfee Inc C Program Files McAfee MSC McAPExe exe McAfee Inc C Program Files Common Files McAfee AMCore mcshield exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe ELAN Microelectronics Corp C Program Files Elantech ETDCtrl exe CyberLink Corp C Program Files x Acer clear fi MVP clear fiAgent exe McAfee Inc C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exe McAfee Inc C Program Files Common Files McAfee Platform McSvcHost McSvHost exe CyberLink C Program Files x Acer clear fi MVP Kernel DMR DMREngine exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dllhost exe ELAN Microelectronics Corp C Program Files Elantech ETDCtrlHelper exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Microsoft BingBar SeaPort EXE Adobe Systems Incorporated C Windows System Macromed Flash FlashUtil ActiveX exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows softwaredistribution Download Install Windows-KB -x -V -delta exe Microsoft Corporation C ca b ac cd aa e a mrtstub exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System MRT exe McAfee Inc C Program Files Common Files McAfee Platform McUICnt exe Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM Run MSC gt c Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM Run SynTPEnh gt C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe - - Synaptics Incorporated HKLM Run ETDCtrl gt C Program Files Elantech ETDCtrl exe - - ELAN Microelectronics Corp Winlogon Notify GoToAssist C Program Files x Citrix GoToAssist G AWinLogon x dll Citrix Online a division of Citrix Systems Inc Winlogon Notify igfxcui C Windows system igfxdev dll Intel Corporation HKU S- - - RunOnce IsMyWinLockerReboot gt msiexec exe qn x voidguid HKU S- - - RunOnce IsMyWinLockerReboot gt msiexec exe qn x voidguid HKU S- - - - - - - MountPoints c cb -c a- e - aa-b f f - E Startme exeHKU S- - - RunOnce IsMyWinLockerReboot gt msiexec exe qn x voidguid HKU S- - - RunOnce KodakHomeCenter gt C Program Files x Kodak AiO Center AiOHomeCenter exe - - Eastman Kodak Company Internet Whitelisted If an item is included in the fixlist if it is a registry item it will be removed or restored to default HKU S- - - - - - - Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https www google co uk gws rd sslSearchScopes HKLM - gt DefaultScope EE -D - f-A FF-E B B E A URL http www bing com search q searchTerms amp form AARTDF amp pc MAAR amp src IE-SearchBoxSearchScopes HKLM - gt EE -D - f-A FF-E B B E A URL http www bing com search q searchTerms amp form AARTDF amp pc MAAR amp src IE-SearchBoxSearchScopes HKLM-x - gt DefaultSc... Read more

A:Windows won't update and MBAR indicated rootkit present

Hi & to Bleeping Computer Forums!
My name is Jürgen and I will be assisting you with your Malware related problems.
Before we move on, please read the following points carefully:
My native language isn't English. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.
Please read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding.
Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one.
If you have any problems while you are follow my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem.
Do not run any other scans without instruction or Add/ Remove Software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me.
Post all Logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts.
If I don't hear from you within 5 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.
If I don't reply within 24 hours please PM me!
Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean.
Malware WarningIf your computer was used for online banking, has credit card information or other sensitive data, using a non-infected computer/device you should immediately change all account information (including those used for banking, Email, eBay, Paypal, online forums, etc).Step 1
Please download TDSSiller and save it to your Desktop.
Start tdsskiller.exe with administrator privileges.
Accept the EULA and the KSN Statement.
Click on Change parameters. (1)
Make sure that all available options (except "Loaded modules") are checked and click OK. (2)
Click on Start scan.
If any threats are found don't delete them but choose the Skip option for all of them.
Click on Report (3) to open the log file. (It is also saved at C:\TDSSKiller.<version_date_time>_log.txt).
Copy and paste its contents in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/566846/windows-wont-update-and-mbar-indicated-rootkit-present/
Relevancy 78.26%

After an important Windows Update yesterday, I turned on the PC and opened the Chrome browser, and after that I was presented with a BSOD with the error message "bad_pool_header".

After that crash, I had restarted my PC several times to install multiple updates for programs, and then today after turning it back on, 3 hours later BitDefender Total Security 2016 said I was running out of available C space. I found that odd because I always had 17 gigs left, and when I checked, the C drive stated "NTFS" with 0 bytes left. If it helps, I had installed anti-exploit the same day this happened.

I have had the following security programs on my PC 

BitDefender - current
HitmanPro - current
Kaspersky
Malwarebytes - current
Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit

running Windows 8.1 x64

to note, the scans have detected nothing, all are up to date

A:After Windows Update, PC began to act all weird as if malware was present

harristhrow:
to the Bleeping Computer Am I Infected? What Do I Do? Forum. My name is Phil and if you would permit, I would like to address you by your first name, if that is alright with you, since we will be working together.
We need to find out what is taking up space on your primary operating system partition. Windows generally requires 10 to 15 percent of the OS hard drive partition to be free in order to function properly. The lack of space may well be what is causing your issues.
Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit should not be causing that problem. I use it myself as do many other computer users. It is an excellent product and not very large.
Would you be so kind as to run the MiniToolBox application for me? I would like to have a look at your computer configuration.

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.
Checkmark the following checkboxes:
Flush DNS
Report IE Proxy Settings
Reset IE Proxy Settings
Report FF Proxy Settings
Reset FF Proxy Settings
List content of Hosts
List IP configuration
List Winsock Entries
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Devices
List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
List Minidump Files
List Restore Points
Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.

Please paste the MiniToolBox log into your next post. I will examine it and get back to you.
If I have not replied in 48 hours, please send me a personal message.
Have a great day.
Regards,
-Phil

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/608886/after-windows-update-pc-began-to-act-all-weird-as-if-malware-was-present/
Relevancy 76.97%

As of Thursday evening Sept I ve read a lot about a major Update NO updates?! Windows reports Windows security flaw that may just have been Windows Update reports NO updates?! quot fixed quot by MS necessitating downloading and installing one or more updates from the windows update site But whenever I go to that site either manually or with automatic updates which I have configured to Windows Update reports NO updates?! alert me but do nothing further I ONLY get told that an update to Windows Installer is available Trouble is I ve downloaded that one four times now and it always--ALWAYS--fails to install properly When I tried to install it manually after downloading it manually it failed with a small error window saying quot access is denied quot nothing further I ve seen that one enough when I had trouble installing the Windows XP Home SP update that I just said quot to amp with it quot But now it seems that s the only update MS says is available to me Using some good advice from an earlier msg I ran Belarc s analysis routine Among other things it reported nearly critical updates it could not verify had been installed Am I in trouble or aren t I What should I do nbsp

A:Windows Update reports NO updates?!

Your computer specifications tell me that SP2 is installed and you said in your last post = when I had trouble installing the Windows XP Home SP2 update, that I just said "to =^(*^)(&% with it".

Question is was SP2 fully installed?

The other thing that makes me wonder is the thing about the other 50 or so updates that do not show installed in Belarc. I would like you to download this update for Belarc and install it and rerun it.

Belarc Advisor Security Definitions Update
http://www.belarc.com/advisor_update.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-reports-no-updates.505161/
Relevancy 76.11%

As my hard disk has been dropping for no apparent reason I tried Disk cleanup which reported I could remove 10.4Gb(!) of Windows update files.
I am delighted to reclaim the space but can't believe the amount of files.
Curious if anyone has any views on how I could accumulate so much.
I use Windows 7 and, to the best of my knowledge have avoided downloading Windows 10. Updates are set to let me choose whether to download and install. I also check what any updates other than security are for, and if any Windows 10 element involved, refuse and hide them.

A:Windows update cleanup reports over 10GBs!

No-one really knows what the shape-shifting MS creature is doing to our machines :-)

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/windows-update-cleanup-reports-over-10gbs-4597269/
Relevancy 75.25%

Getting update error for one net framework Code checksure log Checking System Update Readiness Binary Version Package Version - - Checking Windows Servicing Packages Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Checking Packages Checking Component Store f CSI Manifest All Zeros x winsxs Manifests msil errors SUR reports 28 Error Windows Check Update system runtime serialization resources b a c e en-us b d manifest msil system runtime serialization resources b a c e en-us b d f CSI Manifest All Zeros x winsxs Manifests msil smdiagnostics resources b a c e en-us f e f manifest msil smdiagnostics resources b a c e en-us f e f f CSI Manifest All Zeros x winsxs Manifests msil system runtime serialization Windows Update Error Check SUR reports 28 errors b a c e none bff ca b f a manifest msil system runtime serialization b a c e none bff ca b f a f CSI Manifest All Zeros x winsxs Manifests msil system identitymodel b a c e none f b e b b dd man ifest msil system identitymodel b a c e none f b e b b dd f CSI Manifest All Zeros x winsxs Manifests msil system servicemodel washosting b a c e none b fe b a manifest msil system servicemodel washosting b a c e none b fe b a f CSI Manifest All Zeros x winsxs Manifests msil smsvchost resources b f f f d a a en-us b b b e c manifest msil smsvchost resources b f f f d a a en-us b b b e c f CSI Manifest All Zeros x winsxs Manifests msil system servicemodel b a c e none b e ee mani fest msil system servicemodel b a c e none b e ee f CSI Manifest All Zeros x winsxs Manifests msil smsvchost resources b f f f d a a en-us c f bfc d e e manifest msil smsvchost resources b f f f d a a en-us c f bfc d e e f CSI Manifest All Zeros x winsxs Manifests msil system servicemodel resources b a c e en-us f b b d manifest msil system servicemodel resources b a c e en-us f b b d f CSI Manifest All Zeros x winsxs Manifests msil microsoft transacti ridge dtc resources b f f f d a a en-us ee b c e b manifest msil microsoft transacti ridge dtc resources b f f f d a a en-us ee b c e b f CSI Manifest All Zeros x winsxs Manifests msil system identitymodel resources b a c e en-us d c e e bf a manifest msil system identitymodel resources b a c e en-us d c e e bf a f CSI Manifest All Zeros x winsxs Manifests msil system servicemodel b a c e none c d ce mani fest msil system servicemodel b a c e none c d ce f CSI Manifest All Zeros x winsxs Manifests msil system servicemodel ref b a c e none f a ce fccf d manifest msil system servicemodel ref b a c e none f a ce fccf d f CSI Manifest All Zeros x winsxs Manifests msil smdiagnostics b a c e none efc f ca c manifest msil smdiagnostics b a c e none efc f ca c f CSI Manifest All Zeros x winsxs Manifests msil system identitymodel b a c e none daeb d b a man ifest msil system identitymodel b a c e none daeb d b a f CSI Manifest All Zeros x winsxs Manifests msil smsvchost b f f f d a a none cfea b aba a manifest msil smsvchost b f f f d a a none cfea b aba a f CSI Manifest All Zeros x winsxs Manifests msil system runtime serialization resources b a c e en-us f fbdfbfd e manifest msil system runtime serialization resources b a c e en-us f fbdfbfd e f CSI Manifest All Zeros x winsxs Manifests msil smdiagnostics b a c e none c f b manifest msil smdiagnostics b a c e none c f b f CSI Manifest All Zeros x winsxs Manifests msil smdiagnostics resources b a c e en-us ffd c e a manifest msil smdiagnostics resources b a c e en-us ffd c e a f CSI Manifest All Zeros x winsxs Manifests msil system runtime serialization ref b a c e none a b d c manifest msil system runtime serialization ref b a c e none a b d c f CSI Manifest All Zeros x winsxs Manifests msil system runtime serialization b a c e none d c aa c d c manifest msil system runtime serialization b a c e none d c aa c d c f CSI Manifest All Zeros x winsxs Manifests msil smsvchost b f f f d a a none e b bb b manifest msil smsvchost b f f f d a a none e b bb b f CSI Manifest All Zeros x ... Read more

A:Windows Update Error Check SUR reports 28 errors

Hi helomoto912 & welcome to the forum.
What version of windows 7 x64 are you running? Home Premium?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/384525-windows-update-error-check-sur-reports-28-errors.html
Relevancy 73.1%

when i turn my laptop on, it tries to configure the update but only gets to 85% and then shuts itself down for some reason.

i've tried the repair your computer and several different restore points but get a message saying the restore failed everytime.

i've also tried safe mode, safe mode with command prompt, and last known good configuration, but none has worked.

please help me!

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/261589-vista-basic-installed-update-but-cannot-configure-update-frustration.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello,

I am running on a machine running Windows 7 Home Premium x64. Other Windows Updates are working fine, but for some reason, the Windows Update for IE9 keeps appearing (and failing) even though IE9 is already installed. The update for IE10 (as well as the manual installer) also fail.

The "Windows Internet Explorer 9 for Windows 7 for x64-based systems" fails with error code 9C48.
The "Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 7 for x64-based systems" fails with error code 9C59.

I've attached the CBS folder with the CBS and CheckSUR files (I had to remove some of the older "persist" files to fit it under the attachment limit).

Appreciate any help!

Thanks,
Joe

A:IE9 Update Won't Disappear Though Already Installed, IE10 Update Fails

The operative errors are in the CheckSUR results...

Code:
Unavailable repair files:
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2809289_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2809289_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.cat

I've uploaded afile - j99aa.zip - to my SkyDrive at Noel's SkyDrive

Please downloadand save it.

Right-click onthe downloaded file, and select Extract all…

Extract to thedefault location - which will create a new folder j99aain the same place.

Open this folder- there should be one folder inside it (Packages)

Copy the content of the Packages folder to thefolder

C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\Servicing\Packages
Nowrun the CheckSUR tool again (it may take a while)

Postthe new CheckSUR.log file, and the CheckSUR.persist.log file.

Then run another SFC/SCANNOW, and post the new CBS.log file

Then do a manual Check for Updates - what happens/shows now?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/310538-ie9-update-wont-disappear-though-already-installed-ie10-update-fails.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi Firstly thanks for your help I have a problem with windows installed 3045999 not KB but Windows installed update update kb It has caused a lot of problems on my system with programs not loaded after booting eg notepad IE etc return error code The application Windows update KB 3045999 installed but not installed was unable to start xc I understand Windows update KB 3045999 installed but not installed that this is a known error and many have posted about it online I Windows update KB 3045999 installed but not installed can reboot my computer a number of times and eventually the programmes will work as normal however that is a bit of a pain From reading online it appears the way to fix the problem is to uninstall the update I thought I had done that but the error kept happening I then had the idea of reinstalling the update and uninstalling again in-case it did not uninstall correctly however when I try to install the update it advises me that it is already installed and when I try to uninstall it using the wusa uninstall command I am advised that the update is not installed Any ideas on what to do Thanks Michael

A:Windows update KB 3045999 installed but not installed

From your CheckSUR log...

Code:
Checking Component Store
(f) CSI Missing Deployment Key 0x00000000 a6562cfa922..6d6096de0b7_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18846_16108e677bb01de8 HKLM\Components\CanonicalData\Deployments
(f) CSI Missing Deployment Key 0x00000000 170aef91da5..bcd5a4992f7_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18846_07b81509db0ef196 HKLM\Components\CanonicalData\Deployments
(f) CSI Missing Deployment Key 0x00000000 08820e22142..fc0a4cf716f_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18846_21db2236a64375c9 HKLM\Components\CanonicalData\Deployments
(f) CSI Missing Deployment Key 0x00000000 b6953ce718e..9aa86774558_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18846_b7417b0549aa5f1d HKLM\Components\CanonicalData\Deployments

Summary:
Seconds executed: 3601
Found 4 errors
CSI Missing Deployment Key Total count: 4
I need to have a look at your COMPONENTS registry hive

Please copy the C:\Windows\System32\config\COMPONENTS file (no extension) to your desktop and then compress it - upload the compressed file to your favoured fileshare site (preferably Dropbox or OneDrive) and post a link.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/375497-windows-update-kb-3045999-installed-but-not-installed.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi ! a few of my friends & my son say I need to 'Update' or improve My Avatar for 2004 ! Could be a complete change ?
I actually still like the 'Running Guy !' But would be interesting if posssble to see variations within TSG limitations !

I'd like to keep the colours similar to the signature

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Relevancy 69.66%

Hello all.
Running windows 10 pro 64 bit.
I've updated from Version 1511 to the anniversary update, 1607.
Or at least, I thought I did.
The update went well, no hiccups, no errors. Used windows update, let it downloaded and install and rebooted. Alas, system still shows OS Version 1511.
Used update again, same thing, rebooted, 1511.
Went to the windows site, downloaded the windows10upgrade9252.exe, ran it, same exact issue, rebooted, still showing version 1511.
Error logs show no issues. Disabled all external drives, turned off anti-virus, etc, repeated, rinsed, rebooted, still version 1511.
Only think I've not done is burned an ISO to DVD and updated from that.
Any clues as to what's going on?
Thanks!
Nelson Davis

A:windows 10 update from version 1511 to 1607 anniversary update - does not update

Can you check to see what OS version you have? Check in settings > system > OS build. It should show something like 14393.5 or 14393.10

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/434091-windows-10-update-version-1511-1607-anniversary-update-does-not-update.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Just got my PC really cleaned up thanks to bleepingcomputer com expert and today I get a pop-up from S&d Install Mcafee If Spybot Present! Won't Update McAfee indicating that there's a new update available for download I download it Megabytes and before it installs it says I have to remove Spybot Search amp Destroy from my PC or it won't install So I go to mcafee com and check out their list of quot incompatible rd-party software quot I've taken the advice posted on BC and installed the following programs I'd already been using Spybot S amp D for years Spybot Search Mcafee Update Won't Install If Spybot S&d Present! amp DestroySpyware BlasterAd-AwareWhat a shock they're all in the list So now it's McAfee or nothing I think not Considering McAfee's total failure to block or even detect the hijack last week and the fact that their website is all about selling and offers no easy way to communicate with them or report trouble they should be interested in it seems more reasonable to me that I remove McAfee and seek elsewhere for a virus scanner and personal firewall Actually they're making it easy for me If McAfee won't install I'll find software that will Suggestions for a virus scanner and personal firewall anyone Should BC update their Mcafee Update Won't Install If Spybot S&d Present! recommendations for Ad-Aware Spybot S amp D and Spyware Blaster to include the fact that those programs are incompatible with McAfee and that continued McAfee use requires removal of Spybot S amp D Chuck

A:Mcafee Update Won't Install If Spybot S&d Present!

You can either try Super Anti-spyware (which is excellent!) + another compatible anti-spyware and get rid of Spybot Search & Destroy, Spyware Blaster & Ad-Aware or install AVG Free and Comodo Firewall and get rid of McAfee. I would go for the latter option, but Super Anti-spyware is still recommendable in my opinion.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/156445/mcafee-update-wont-install-if-spybot-s-d-present/
Relevancy 69.23%

So I have been trying to work through my Windows Update issues turns out it was majorly broken I think I have it mostly working now My issue I am having is down to one specific update that I downloaded a separate installer for It failed partway and Update is Not both Installed Windows Installed through installation and now I am completely stuck I am trying to get KB installed it is required for me Windows Update is both Installed and Not Installed to install Oculus software Oculus installer says I do not have the hotfix and will not install Running the Microsoft WUSA installer says KB is already installed and cannot be installed Running the command-line 'wusa uninstall quot package path quot ' says that the update is not installed so it can't be uninstalled Running the command-line 'wusa install quot package path quot ' says that the update is installed already So it is clearly stuck in some indeterminate state where it is simultaneously installed and not installed and I am going to have to do some manual cleaning I assume I am comfortable manually editing whatever I have to do I just don't know where or how to fix this I haven't been able to find anything with this specific problem Anyone have any ideas how to proceed short of an industrial sized shredder

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/397166-windows-update-both-installed-not-installed.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I updated Win 7 Pro X64 to Win 8.
After applying all updates, I updated Win 8 Pro X64 to Windows 8.1.

When I look in the store now I don't see Update 1 nor do I see it in Windows Update.

I think I got update 1 when I did the 8.1 update but how do I tell for sure?

On the metro desktop, top right I have my account name, a power and a search icon.
I don't know if they are part of 8.1 or 8.1 update 1.

A:How to if you have Windows 8.1 update 1 installed

Launch one of those full screen apps. Then kick the cursor into the top of the screen. If the red X appears on the top right, then you are in 8.1.1.

Also, behind the tiles of the start screen, you should see your desktop picture - unless you finagled that already in 8.1.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/44360-how-if-you-have-windows-8-1-update-1-installed.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi

I tried to install a stand alone download of Windows 8.1 Update but I get a message that it is installed,

I'm do not see how it could be installed, this install of my OS is only 1 day old and I have only downloaded and installed the 8.1 SP this morning.

When I look in Installed update the KB2919355 is shown as being installed but the date is the 19th March,
which was before it was released, I believe.

How can I be sure I have the update installed?

Thanks

Daniel

A:Is Windows 8.1 Update installed

Hello Daniel,

Another way to verify is to see if you have the new Power button on your Start screen like in step 2 Option One below.

Lock, Log off, Restart, Shut Down, Switch User - Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/44179-windows-8-1-update-installed.html
Relevancy 68.8%

My computer has the automatic update feature enabled and periodically I get the yellow balloon in my systray saying there are updates available so I click to download and install them I keep getting quot Security Update for Windows XP KB quot is ready to install I clickl to install and I get the message that it was successfully installed If I look at the hisptory of updates it appears to have been successfully installed times but it keeps coming up as installed over and update Same again Windows over needding to be installed I went into the add remove function on the control panel and there it is only listed once I removed it and then re-installed the update but the yellow balloon always says it needs to be installed It is like the computer isn t registering the updates I was never Same Windows update installed over and over again prompted to restart the computer but I did anyway and that hasn t effected it either as XP says it still needs to be installed Any suggestions on how to get the update recognised so it will quit calling for the same update Thanks in advance for any advice nbsp

A:Same Windows update installed over and over again

Uncheck it and then select not to show it again.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/same-windows-update-installed-over-and-over-again.943296/
Relevancy 68.8%

After doing a repair install with my win xp oem disk with sp2, every thing seemed fine until I went to update security updates. There are 78 security updates that download but will not install. The only message is, security updates not installed. Should I do another repair/install? I have tried everything I can think of and come up empty. I have all security and virus,spyware programs turned off. Any help will be welcome, Thanks.

Relevancy 68.8%

Here are full statements i got from event logs : Windows update could not be installed because of error 2359302 "" (Command line: ""C:\Windows\system32\wusa.exe" "C:\Users\Peter\Downloads\Windows8.1-KB2886439-x64.msu" ")
Any help will be appreciated!
Another weird thing is that every software installed after i had uninstalled always reinstalled automatically
My OS is windows 8.1 pro activated.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/33072-windows-update-could-not-installed-because.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I'm trying to update windows 8 to 8.1 but when i'm trying to install, showing error.

This is Intel graphics card driver.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/72554-some-update-were-not-installed-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 68.8%

This is a Dell running Win Pro I recently switched out the GB hard drive for a TB drive Everything seemed to work fine but I discovered today that Windows Update won't run Although the service is running I get the error msg quot unable to check for updates because the service is not running quot I ran sfc scannow and it found corrupted new after installed run Windows HDD won't Update system files it couldn't repair The log is attached Any ideas what I might do now I already tried this Stop update service delete all the files in C Windows Software Distribution restarted the Update service Still get the same error message I wanted to do a repair-install but this is a Dell system with OEM software so I can't to a repair-install Windows Update won't run after new HDD installed from Windows Update won't run after new HDD installed the Dell installation disk I'd really like to avoid a clean install I'm guessing the new hard drive is somehow at the bottom of this EDIT I downloaded the System Update Readiness Tool When I tried to install it I got the attached error message Sorry I can't figure out how to make manage the attachments I got two different error messages when trying to install the SURT Both are attached EDIT I downloaded the SURT again just in case This time when I tried to install I got this error message

A:Windows Update won't run after new HDD installed

Where did the install disc come from ?

Did you make it ?

Is it retail ?

Is it OEM ?

Is windows activated with the key from the COA ?

How was windows installed to the new drive ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/365886-windows-update-wont-run-after-new-hdd-installed.html
Relevancy 68.37%

hello friend..

I cannot update windows 10 to anniversary update. Every time I check for update, this came out

"We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet."

I am connected to internet, Mozilla firefox is ok, utorrent is ok, everything is fine except windows update.
I have try disable the firewall, turn off windows defender, disable antivirus, none of it work.
I downloaded windows10 update assistant, did not work.
I don't know what is blocking windows update form connecting to internet.

Any suggestion? or perhaps solution.

Thank You.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/62813-unable-update-windows-update-cannot-connect-update-service.html
Relevancy 68.37%

A few days ago I installed a windows update they install automatically and when I turned my computer back on all my files were gone It my a windows files Installed now are all gone! update looks like all my settings Installed a windows update now all my files are gone! were reset to when I first got the computer except all of my programs are still there At first I thought the windows updated did this but I did some searching online and read that it was probably a virus and I didn't believe it but now I know I have some type of virus because whenever I type in a web address in my browser it redirects to some other websites Luckily it didn't actually delete my files when I go to c users lapaul myusername my files are still all there but for some reason when I go to the documents folder or pictures folder no files are there It seems like when windows is loading it is loading into the public user profile or some other user profile that's not mine and that is why my files are there So anyways I don't know what happened but there is a button on my laptop where I just press it and it resets my computer to how it was the first day I got it So I am going to just do that but I want to backup my files first So my question is how do I copy my files to an external hard drive while making sure none of the files are infected and that they don't infect my external hard drive I just bought a brand new TB external hard drive and I haven't even opened it yet and I don't want to get it infected the first time I use it Also does anyone have any idea what happend to my computer Was it the windows update or a virus I have windows btw

A:Installed a windows update now all my files are gone!

I suspect that your profile was corrupt.  If your profile was corrupt then windows logs onto a temp profile.  You can see this in your Users folder there will be a Temp directory.

This can be fixed.

Try this tutorial on how to fix a corrupt profile:
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3495216/how-fix-corrupt-user-profile-in-windows-7-vista/

I hope this helps!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/525945/installed-a-windows-update-now-all-my-files-are-gone/
Relevancy 68.37%

I updated my windows 7 and it told me to restart. So i restarted it then it went to infinite loop cycle. I'm currently running this thing in safe mode. Audio device don't work and some parts, it says it's not installed correctly. Please help.

DM Collector Logs:USER-PC-Wed_11_09_2016__92702_88.zip

-Jon

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/69316-bsod-when-i-installed-windows-update.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I have always had Vista set up to ONLY notify me about udates, not to install, or even download.

Well, when I flipped open ny notebook, I had to login.
Once logged in, I was notified that updates had been installed.
Sure 'nuf Vista had changed the setting. on its own, to automatically install.
I changed back to only notify me.

This is unaccepable!

A:Windows automatically installed update!!

Try reset WU in aggressive mode How do I reset Windows Update components&#63;
+restart computer

If it don't help try method from this post:http://www.vistax64.com/1186167-post4.html

If none of above methods help you uninstall 3p security software:firewall,antivirus,antispyware

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/261414-windows-automatically-installed-update.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I installed and uninstalled Office and Word Viewer. No longer in my system, Windows Update keeps asking me to update them. I tried cleaning the Registry, something must be there still?

A:Windows update Office when it's not installed

Hi, what version of office, we need to know. If it was an MSI install (using windows installer and from local media) or a click to run install.

This might help:-

Uninstall Microsoft Office 2013 or Office 365

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-update-office-when-its-not-installed-743569.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Been ignoring this box for a while now and I'll try one more attempt at a fix before wiping and Windows installed not could be Update for Security reinstalling It started when for the st time ever Windows started installing updates w o my initiating same I looked up the Security Update for Windows could not be installed error saw several folks afflicted followed MS advice on technet and support forums and after several efforts just gave up as i didn't have the time These are the last entries in the Windows setup log Windows update quot Security Update for Windows KB quot could not be installed because of error quot The parameter is incorrect quot Command line quot quot C Windows system wusa exe quot quot C Users JackN Desktop Windows -KB -v -x msu quot quot Windows update could not be installed because of error quot quot Command line quot quot C Windows system wusa exe quot quot R Download Microsoft SystemReadinessTool Windows -KB -v -x msu quot quot Windows update could not be installed because of error quot The operation was canceled by the user quot Command line quot quot C Windows system wusa exe quot quot R Download Microsoft SystemReadinessTool Windows -KB -v -x msu quot quot Windows update could not be installed because of error quot Another installation is already in progress Complete that installation before proceeding with this install quot Command line quot quot C Windows system wusa exe quot quot R Download Microsoft SystemReadinessTool Windows -KB -v -x msu quot quot And last ditch ideas before I dedicate a weekend to rebuilding this OS system It serves as file server on a SOHO network

A:Security Update for Windows could not be installed

I know this may sound pretty simple; but Im not sure if you have tried it or not; have you tried rebooting this server and then trying to install the updates? Sometimes it only takes something as simple as rebooting to refresh everything and enables windows to close out any processes that are open that arent needed so you can hopefully try and run those update(s) again. If you try that and that does nothing; its possible you may have a corrupt windows update folder in which case you might be able to try a system repair off the windows disc if you have one somewhere and that may help. If you try both things and still get nowhere with it; post back and we can go from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/361917-security-update-windows-could-not-installed.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Windows shipped with new Dell desktop Using my existing flatscreen non-touch monitor and new Logitech mouse and keyboard Mouse and keyboard work great Windows was annoying but usable until January updates auto-installed Latest update was Jan After that update I could not get Google Chrome to remain as default browser - computer switched to Bing after closing misbehaving 8 after Windows installed update a search or starting a new one Worse I could not open an mp file attached to a GMail message When I clicked on the file the Metro Windows 8 misbehaving after update installed music screen popped up by my selection was nowhere to be found These are choir mp s they re mailed weekly and they re critical to me So I did a system restore to January and now things are sort of back to normal Chrome doesn t go away and I open those mp s like I used Windows 8 misbehaving after update installed to I m afraid to allow Microsoft to update again and the log indicated one of them was a security update and another was a critical update Any ideas what the heck happened to Chrome and opening music files from GMail

A:Windows 8 misbehaving after update installed

So as not to start another thread I'll add that my brand new PC also had issues in Jan after an update. It kept randomly crashing on me. I did a recovery and shut auto update off.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/483836/windows-8-misbehaving-after-update-installed/
Relevancy 68.37%

I was trying to install Windows 10, and halfway through the process it stops, saying the following needs to be removed... "HP Client Security Manager' and 'associated programs"... so i remove the 5 or 6 programs and then last try to remove the Client Security one... and i get the following error, which stops everything:  (here's a screenshot)  (more questions after picture, scroll down)  i'm wondering if this is actually a Hewlett-Packard product that was downloaded because it says "HP Inc" instead of others that say "Hewlett-Packard Company".  How do i get rid of this so i can download the free Windows 10?  Thanks for any help! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/quot-hp-update-quot-installed-and-now-can-t-uninstall-it/td-p/5703375
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi, I just installed windows 7 sp1, activated it and am running it just fine. I wanted to run windows update but windows update is infinitely searching for new updates, i have manually installed a bunch of updates that others said worked for them (on the microsoft page) but it didn't work for me. I have tried using the troubleshooting tool for it but that didnt work either. Any help?

A:Just fresh installed windows 7 sp1, now i cannot update.

Make sure you have IE11 installed and not IE9 before you try the updates again.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/631440/just-fresh-installed-windows-7-sp1-now-i-cannot-update/
Relevancy 68.37%

Windows Install After the computer shutdown and reboot the computer tries to install windows updates but cannot Here are the messages I see quot The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is not available Click OK to try again or enter an alternate pathto a folder containing the installation Doesnot update to windows installed allow be package 'Destinations msi' in Doesnot allow windows update to be installed the box below use source c users xxxx AppData Local Doesnot allow windows update to be installed Temp zS or Browse Then I get another dialog box An installation package for the product Destinations cannot be found Try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation Doesnot allow windows update to be installed package 'Destination msi' OK This repeated every time I tried McAfee Download When I try to download McAfee from AOL the following message is displayed unused The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request Please contact the server administrator null and inform them of the time the error occurred and anything you might have done that may have caused the error More information about this error may be available in the server error log This also repeats everytime I try AVG When the problem started I was not able to install AVG Later I was able to install AVG I sanned the whole computer AVG did not find any virus or malware I posted the requested logs in the Virus Trojan Spyware Help forum I received the following reply from the TSF team I'm not seeing any malware here and researching the error messages you've mentionted indicates a problem with the Operating System As such you'd be better served discussing this with the folks in our Windows Vista Windows Support

A:Doesnot allow windows update to be installed

Ok, Start by uninstalling all but one of your antiviruses. They tend to cause conflicts with each other.
How much free space do you have on your main hard drive?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/doesnot-allow-windows-update-to-be-installed-478929.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Last week I had to get my computer reformated and windows update seemed fine I have Windows XP Pro and it s just the bast few days I ve had problems My updater keeps alerting me to three files I need It Again. Installed - Says Shows Update Windows Up But installing Two are Update for Windows XP and one is a Security Update for Windows XP I Windows Update - Says It Installed But Shows Up Again. click install and it goes through the process and says all three are done and installed fine I get no errors or anything but then as soon as it goes away the yellow shield pops up again and says I have the same three items needing to be installed I ve tried updating at least three times now and each time it says it was successful only for it to pop up again I ve even written the KB numbers that are written after it down and it s the same thing each time I ve tried rebooting and then doing it but that hasn t done anything either I didn t have this problem with any of the previous updates and I m not sure what to do now -C

A:Windows Update - Says It Installed But Shows Up Again.

Hi Corvinus and Welcome to Bleeping Computer. Click Start/ All Programs/ select Windows Update. It will link you to the Windows update website and show updates needed.Select Update History in the left hand window of your screen on this site. This will show all updates, which ones failed and why.You are probably missing previous critical updates and may have to go back and get those updates, then the Windows XP SP2 will work properly. Follow the restart prompts in between each update as instructed until they are all done. It will take a while, but you'll be back in business and running soothly in no time.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/99076/windows-update-says-it-installed-but-shows-up-again/
Relevancy 68.37%

My Windows Update keeps referring me to an 'Important' update that needs to be installed, but every time I try to install it it fails with the failure code 733F.
The actual file is Security Update for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (KB948109)

Has anyone had this problem and please tell me how to repair it so I can download thi update.

Regards,

Swanee

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-some-updates-were-not-installed.749850/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi.
Please my i ihave your help please?
I have installed update KB(978601).(pic:1),and i want to uninstall.
This update is show installed successful,but i can't locate to "Installed updates".(pic:2)
How to find it this?
Thnx to all.
best weekend.

A:How to locate installed update on Windows 7 (x64)???

How strange...looks you already installed the Windows 7 SP1 on pic: 2...
Seeing the pic: 1 it is not possible all those listed updates...

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/150133-how-locate-installed-update-windows-7-x64.html
Relevancy 68.37%

My Windows Store gives me this message when i click on update to windows 8.1

It says ''Windows is getting your Windows 8.1 upgrade ready. You will automatically be prompted to install Windows 8.1 soon. You can continue to use your PC in the meantime''.

Its almost been a week since I'm getting this message. Plus i checked for the updates. I have all the latest updates. Don't know what seems the problem. I had installed windows 8.1 before. But as it was sluggish i uninstalled it and came back to windows 8.

My specs are :-

Dell Inspiron 3537,
Intel Core i5 ,
6 GB RAM,
64 Bit ,
AMD RADEON Graphics.

A:Windows 8.1 update says the app wasn't installed.

Are you current with all Windows Updates for 8.0?

Better yet, you can download a legal iso for 8.1 following Option One here: Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 ISO - Download or Create

Burn a DVD or create a installable flash drive then use it to upgrade from 8.0 to 8.1 or better yet, backup your data then do a clean install of 8.1 directly. It will use the embedded 8.0 key for the install.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/59710-windows-8-1-update-says-app-wasnt-installed.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello,
I have noticed on W 7 that MSE shows no update or scan records. All of the other AV software I have used shows reports that at least say scan performed, nothing found and/or updates completed successfully with a date shown. Am I missing something? Is there a setting I'm not seeing? Thanks,
John

A:No scan or update reports in MSE

Hello John,

MSE has this for me if this is what you meant. Here are some screenshots to help.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

Last Scan:

Last Update in MSE:

Last Update viewed in Windows Updates:

Scan History:

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/85372-no-scan-update-reports-mse.html
Relevancy 67.94%

April 23 - there was a series of Windows Updates, among them was an update to Explorer 9. After the installs, the report showed Explorer 9 failed. I opened Explorer and it was updated. I checked its version and it was, indeed, version 9. So what is causing this report to show 'failed'? Should I be concerned?
What would 'you' do?

A:IE9-Update reports failed-but its there?

Hello JerseyGirl and welcome to Seven Forums.

If your machine is working as expected, I wouldn't be too concerned about the failed update report. Sometimes "stuff" happens for no apparent reason. Could have been a glitch in the initial update attempt that got fixed later on.

Quote:
Windows downloads updates behind the scenes when you are online?the updates do not interfere with other downloads and you aren't interrupted while you're working.

Source

I'd still run a full scan with your antivirus and antispyware to rule out any malware. I'd also suggest using the free Malwarebytes. Update the data and run the full scan. You can download it from the CNET website:

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/160258-ie9-update-reports-failed-but-its-there.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8173 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 114442 MB, Free - 33378 MB; D: Total - 953866 MB, Free - 835859 MB; G: Total - 953867 MB, Free - 418223 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., P8P67-M PRO
Antivirus: AVG Internet Security 2014, Updated and Enabled

Yesterdays Windows update has installed " SearchResults" on Chrome. I have managed to remove it with Malwarebytes, but why didnīt AVG Internet Security stop it. I have been unable to contact AVG for an answer.

Relevancy 67.51%

HELP I am having an issue after Win updated Logged off my machine and noticed that it was installing an update So far the updates have been flawless but when I went to turn on my computer Thursday morning no boot Ran Startup repair a couple of times and got gt Problem event Name Startup Repair gt Problem Signature gt Problem Signature gt Problem Signature unknown gt Problem Signature gt Problem Signature AutoFailover gt Problem Signature gt Problem Signature NoRootCause gt Os version gt Local ID Tried booting from Win CD and doing repair as well - no luck Tried doing an F Dell and doing hardware diagnostics - no problems found Tried doing a system restore to a time earlier about weeks and finally got it to boot into the opening quot fireflies quot and the next screen however the next screen was black and only contained the ease-of-access the quot Windows Home Premium quot text and the shutdown options I could not log in Unfortunately I have client files on this computer as part time I do graphics illustrations and windows installed boot update to after Unable web design I am extremely frustrated Rick

A:Unable to boot after windows update installed

You can download a Linux rescue disk and retrieve your files if need be. Please read this information SystemRescueCd

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/97951-unable-boot-after-windows-update-installed.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I installed all the updates last tuesday and two of them (while installed successfully ) keep popping up as needing to be installed.   This is happening when i run Secunia PSI as well .

The two are  Internet Explorer 11  updates 

KB3021952 and KB3032359 

Any ideas as to why ?

Thank you

A:Windows update shows two updates need to be installed but already are

Windows downloaded updates could be corrupted you can delete "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution" directory which holds Windows updates cache. 
Close all running programs and save open files then open Command Prompt as a administrator type sc stop wuauserv  press Enter key. Type rd /s /q  C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution press Enter key. Type Shutdown /r /t 2 press Enter key to restart your computer and after login to Windows check and install updates if needed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569752/windows-update-shows-two-updates-need-to-be-installed-but-already-are/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi Guys
I finally managed to upgrade to win10 from win7 and restarted a few times - all seemed ok.
I then tried to update win10 and when installed I now have a blank screen although I can hear the windows start chime. I'm assuming that the graphics driver on my acer aspire 4810TZ has been updated and is incompatible.
I cant do anything as I cant see anything.
I cant boot into safe mode the way I used to in order to roll back the driver either. the only thing that seems to work is the power off button.
Your help would be most appreciated.
Thank you
John

A:Screen blank after Windows 10 Update installed

Boot and after about 5 seconds power down using power button. Repeat this three or four times and an advanced recovery menu should pop up.
Can you plug in an external monitor?

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/screen-blank-after-windows-10-update-installed-4596037/
Relevancy 67.51%

Ive got an asus M4A785-M mother board running windows 7 home pro.

the action center says I have a sound card problem and that my "sound blaster x-fi" card needs a driver.
One problem. Im using the sound card thats built into the mother board, and there is no other card
installed on the machine because i could not get a windows 7 driver for them.

any ideas how to eliminate this error?

Thanks.

also, im thinking im going to have to upgrade the MB when windows 10 comes out anyways, so why bother getting a new Sound blaster card for this one?

A:windows says my (non installed) soundblaster card needs update

If you used to have a separate sound card installed windows probably stored something about it that causes that message. I would just ignore it, there's no need to get a new sound card as long as the on-board sound works ok now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-says-my-non-installed-soundblaster-card-needs-update.1151027/
Relevancy 67.51%

I received notification for recommended update KB 978506. I installed it. Soon the update notification showed in my taskbar again so I clicked to install again. When it showed up the 3rd time I checked my update history and see this item shows as installed twice today - successful in both instances. I restarted thinking that might do the trick but it's still saying I have this same update to install.

Vista Home Premium/SP2
IE8

A:Windows Update keeps showing up after it's successfully installed

Originally Posted by Nikilet

I received notification for recommended update KB 978506. I installed it. Soon the update notification showed in my taskbar again so I clicked to install again. When it showed up the 3rd time I checked my update history and see this item shows as installed twice today - successful in both instances. I restarted thinking that might do the trick but it's still saying I have this same update to install.

Vista Home Premium/SP2
IE8

When you receive it again, do not install. Set it to hide, just right click on the update and choose hide.. You should not be bothered again.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/267920-windows-update-keeps-showing-up-after-its-successfully-installed.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Is there a way to update the BIOS with Windows 10 installed on E531? I only see W7, W8 and XP

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:E531 Update Bios with WIndows 10 Installed?

Hi bob603,

Welcome to Lenovo Forums!

Even I went through searching for the latest version of the BIOS update for E531 but as per the Lenovo support site what you have mentioned is correct there is no Windows 10 BIOS update has been released yet and the latest version of the BIOS was released recently i.e. 1.29, so you might have to wait for the updated version for few more days.

If you find that the assistance provided by us is helpful, then we request you to mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This helps in finding the solution for the similar issues for the rest of the Community members.

Did someone help you today? Click on the ?upper half star? at the left side of the post to thank them with a Kudo!

Cheers!             
Naveen.v

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/E531-Update-Bios-with-WIndows-10-Installed/td-p/2182743
Relevancy 67.51%

On a Toshiba laptop running Win 7 x64 Home Premium, I am being offered to install IE 11--as an Optional installation. However, IE 11 is ALREADY installed and working (though I think it may be a little slow in functioning--that is not clear.) Can anyone explain why this would be, and whether I should go ahead and accept what looks essentially like a Re-Install by Windows Update of an existing Windows module in Win 7?

One thing that just occurred to me: Because I was having some problems with this system, I did the Windows Update Fix-it/analysis, and ran the Windows System Update Readiness Tool. Then I also ran Disk Cleanup, including also deleting some of the older update packages through the cleanup tool. Could this have affected Windows Update and caused IE 11 to re-present as an install option? And again--what should I expect if I go ahead and install it (although it shows as already an installed browser??)

Thanks!

A:Windows Update offers IE 11 installation--but it is already installed!

I don't seem to be getting much action on this thread (although there have been quite a few views), and it looks to me like this is not a usual problem. BTW, I don't think I mentioned that I ran the System File Checker (SFC) after SURT, etc. and that it showed no problems.

I looked around a lot before posting, and I did not find this exact issue come up anywhere--although there are many recent similar issues with Windows Update. I suppose the one thing I would like to hear some opinions about is whether I should run the update and install IE 11 through WU, even though it is already installed. Is WU telling me that there will be some improvement if I re-install? And do I trust it? How do I know that isn't going to just mess things up?

In researching this issue, I came across things like problems with KB3032359 & KB3021952 being repeatedly installed. That didn't happen on this laptop. Both of those two updates failed instead, along with a number of others that failed. But WU made no attempt to reinstall those two. Nevertheless, others that failed initially appear to have since installed properly.

[BTW, it would be SOOOOO nice if Microsoft were to give one the ability to search the updates history by KB to find the history for that particular KB,...but maybe that is just too logical a computer function for a computer company to do it?... Or perhaps I missed something obvious in Windows Update....]

It was because I was getting so many updates failing, plus there were other problems with the OS, that I ran SURT, the Fix-it, Disk Cleanup and SFC. At one point things were such a mess that I thought I might have to reinstall the OS. But after doing the above, it seems to be working okay now--only that strange IE 11 update--which WU seems not to know is already installed.

Perhaps MS pulled those two updates before I got to re-updating that machine, which is used intermittently? I'm not sure if that would make sense out of why the offer of optionally re-installing IE 11.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/364846-windows-update-offers-ie-11-installation-but-already-installed.html
Relevancy 67.51%
Relevancy 67.51%

After the v1607 anniversary update installed, my HP printer driver for my 68030 all-in-one is gone. It only shows I have a Fax version of the 6830. I tried re-installing the HP CD, but it keeps waiting for me to plug in the USB which I did.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/440772-windows-10-anniversary-update-installed-but-now-no-printer.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hey guys, i noticed i had 7 or 8 system updates yesterday so i installed them and after the computer restarted i have no sound. It looks like Windows 7 installed an update to Realtek HD Audio (which im not sure if i was using it before). usually i would just go to system restore but it was disabled for some reason and i have no restore points. i tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still nothing. The drivers say it is installed correctly. please help

A:windows 7 update: Realtek installed but no sound

found this solution and worked for me

1 Go to control panel

2. Double-Click on the Sound Icon

3. Single-click the Speakers to highlight them

4. Click on Properties (bottom right corner)

5. Go to the Enhancements Tab and Click on it

6. Now click "Disable All Sound Effects"

7. Click OK and you should be good to go!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/331987/windows-7-update-realtek-installed-but-no-sound/
Relevancy 67.51%

Getting update errors but don't have 2013 Windows Office update is installed that trying not PC on to Office on this system Here are the KB's - Definition Update for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition - Update for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition - Update for Microsoft Lync KB -Bit Edition - Security Update Windows trying to update Office 2013 that is not installed on PC for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition - Security Update for Microsoft Excel KB -Bit Edition - Update for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition - Security Update for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition - Update for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition - Security Update for Microsoft Lync KB -Bit Edition - Service Pack for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition - Security Update for Microsoft Outlook KB -Bit Edition - Update for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition All says quot Waiting for install quot After I do install the same updates are listed next time I run Windows update I have run the Microsoft Office Cleanup tool that did not solve the problem I have rund Avast Register Cleanup that also did not solve the problem Would appreciate any solve for this problem

A:Windows trying to update Office 2013 that is not installed on PC

Hi Try Settings, Updates, Windows Updates, Advanced Options and disable 'Give me updates for other MS products...'

However you may actually want this function now or later, so this does not address the underlying trigger for these updates.
Have you ever had a version - or this version- installed e.g. as a trial packaged with the PC?

Of course you can scan the registry for Office entries (try Nirsoft's Regscanner), but there's no certainty there.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/35155-windows-trying-update-office-2013-not-installed-pc.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello One of my users is experiencing a Microsoft Office bug so we installed the proper update to fix the issue Unfortunately the issue is still happening so I checked to Office Update says 7 Windows Missing installed. KB it's but see if the Update was installed properly What I discovered is if you try to re-install the Update a message appears stating quot The Update is already installed on this system quot If I go to View Update History it shows the Microsoft Office Update However if you search the update under Installed Updates it is not listed I tried searching by typing in the KB and it says No Items match your search Next I tried uninstalling the KB Update from command prompt typing in wusa uninstall kb and it says quot The Update KB is not installed on this computer quot In summary some parts of Office KB Update Missing but Windows 7 says it's installed. Windows says the Update is not there while other parts says it is installed Any idea how I can fix this issue I have attached screenshots of what is going on Thanks in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/390242-office-kb-update-missing-but-windows-7-says-its-installed.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello One of my users is experiencing a Microsoft Office bug so we installed the proper update to fix the issue Unfortunately the issue is still happening so I checked to see if the Update was installed properly What I discovered is if you try to re-install the Update a message appears stating quot The Update is already installed on this system quot If I go to View Update History it shows the Microsoft Office Update However if you search the update under Installed Updates it is not listed I tried searching it's KB 7 Update Office Missing Windows but says installed. by typing in the KB and it says No Items match your search Next I tried uninstalling the KB Update from command prompt typing in wusa uninstall kb and it says quot The Update KB is Office KB Update Missing but Windows 7 says it's installed. not installed on this computer quot Office KB Update Missing but Windows 7 says it's installed. In summary some parts of Windows says the Update is not there while other parts says it is installed Any idea how I can fix this issue I have attached screenshots of what is going on Thanks in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/390242-office-kb-update-missing-but-windows-7-says-its-installed.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi everyone nbsp So like the title says my laptop isn't starting up All I see a black screen and the on light so I don't see things like a cursor logo etc I read that Windows update can cause a reboot loop and result in the black screen I've tried to enter safe mode pressing Aspire Installed S7-3... 10 Windows latest for update Shift for Windows I believe but I couldn't enter it I even went to the Microsoft store and the person nbsp that helped me was not able to turn it Installed latest Windows 10 update for Aspire S7-3... on as well He tried to connect to an external monitor Installed latest Windows 10 update for Aspire S7-3... through HDMI and there didn't seem to be any signal from my device He suggested that I pull out the battery but if that doesn't work then it might be a hardware problem nbsp nbsp The black screen have shown up before for some previous Windows updates but I was able to resolve it turning it off and on again This time it seemed to be permanent Hopefully not nbsp Has anyone encountered a similar problem What would you guys recommend aside from pulling out the battery nbsp Thanks

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Installed-latest-Windows-10-update-for-Aspire-S7-392-6402-and/td-p/456234
Relevancy 67.51%

My Automatic Update downloaded the IE 8 update. I have no desire to switch to IE 8 at this time. How can I delete the downloaded file from Windows Update so that it isn't inadvertently installed?

I deleted out the files in C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download but I'm still getting everyone's favorite gold shield indicating that updates are ready to be installed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/delete-downloaded-windows-update-before-installed-409147.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Windows 7 is trying to install the same update repeatedly.

I've already tried this option but it didn't work. There doesn't seem to be any other fixes available online.

This is the update name

Code:
Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2825635) 32-Bit Edition
Do you have any idea how to fix this?

What do?

A:[SOLVED] Windows Update Repeatedly Installed

See if this helps:

Fix the problem with Microsoft Windows Update that is not working

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-windows-update-repeatedly-installed-838698.html
Relevancy 67.51%

WiDi was installed and working prior to the update. I downloaded the software from HP Support and installed it again, I got the same message. How do I get it working again?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Installed-latest-Windows-10-update-says-WiDi-will-not-run/td-p/5715523
Relevancy 67.51%

Laptop HP G I installed a new HDD WD black series GB was WD black GB W OEM came with the laptop placed an image on it with Acronis for C-D and E drive After this windows did not update Tried to make legitimate through the internet and phone No result When I tried the phone however windows did start to update But because it was at knight I was happy and shut down the laptop Wanted to update next morning Next morning no updates possible Phone registration did not work to get it legitimate any more Installed W with the DVD I created when the laptop was new same result Looked for the error error not installed after HDD new windows update 0Xc8000247 does code Xc Found out that one solution could be the missing intel RST driver thanks to this forum Tried to install Intel RST and installed latest Java Error because microsoft NETFramework windows does not update after new HDD installed error 0Xc8000247 is not installed Tried to install microsoft NETFramework error not able to install I even tried windows does not update after new HDD installed error 0Xc8000247 this found in thread on the forum Windows Update not running Error Code xc when running SURT Open an Elevated Command Prompt Run the following commands NET STOP WUAUSERV REN C WINDOWS SoftwareDistribution SDOLD NET START WUAUSERV wait minutes and reboot then wait minutes and open Windows Updates and run a Check for Updates NO LUCK Now I do not know anymore I would appreciate any help on this Thank you Ed Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code x FE Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - -K T -BWQPB- TT Windows Product Key Hash wLvlp acm vWNzftHXjDWB CrQ Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type COA SLP Windows OS version ID C B EDD-A - F - - AD F Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Premium Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status Genuine Microsoft Office Professional Editie - Genuine OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - E AD EA- -d E AD EA- - E AD EA- - E AD EA- -b a E AD EA- - E AD EA- - E B - - B D AA B- - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt File Mismatch C Windows system wat watadminsvc exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watux exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system sppobjs dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system sppc dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppcext dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppwinob dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system slc dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system slcext dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppuinotify dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system slui exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system sppcomapi dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppcommdlg dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppsvc exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system drivers spsys sys Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system drivers spldr sys Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system systemcpl dll Hr x b File Mi... Read more

A:windows does not update after new HDD installed error 0Xc8000247

Try to install Windows following this tutorial Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/349552-windows-does-not-update-after-new-hdd-installed-error-0xc8000247.html
Relevancy 67.51%

OK, i had installed a windows update yesterday night and i just started up, and in my start bar at the bottom i have 3 little icons insted of two, i usely have ''norton antivirus'' and ''volume'' but now i also have ''NVIDA Settings'' i don't even know what it is, or why it's there, i think he might of been with the update i installed, or did i get ''hacked'' i have no clue why it is there?..? Could someone please help me thankz!

A:just installed new windows update, now my computer is all messed up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/just-installed-new-windows-update-now-my-computer-is-all-messed-up.201364/
Relevancy 67.51%

I was trying to download & install a new antivirus and found out it could not be installed because windows can not be updated. It states that the files required to use windows update are no longer registered or installed on my computer. I have no idea how or when this happened. My updates have always been set to automatic. My os is xp with service pack 3. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

A:windows update files are no longer installed

What particular AV gave you this message?

Please post the exact quoted message you received.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/449348/windows-update-files-are-no-longer-installed/
Relevancy 67.51%

The above update has appeared in Window Update, but I already have it installed, it was installed on 21 May 2015.

Anyone know why this update has appeared?

Thanks

A:KB3035583 appeared in Windows Update, already installed?

I had it hidden, but it came up as a recommended update again. So, back to hidden it goes until I want to update to Windows 10...

Seems to be a different size from what I remember. Maybe a bug fix or some other issue that needed changing, or they don't trust the judgement of its users who chose to hide it, etc.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/68480-kb3035583-appeared-windows-update-already-installed.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi,

I installed a new windows 7 64-bit Ultimate and made updates but it installed 32-bit updates. This never happen to me before.

Here's my computer specs:

A:Windows Update installed 32-bit updates in a 64-bit system!

Hello Aleya, and welcome to Seven Forums.

That's normal since you have installed the 32-bit (x86) edition of Office instead of the 64-bit edition.

Choose the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Office

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/348300-windows-update-installed-32-bit-updates-64-bit-system.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi guys. I found this thread about PACE Anti-Piracy and was wondering as to how it managed to get onto my system as a registry key. I can find no files representing to this on any of my hard disks, and it most certainly wasn't in my registry until a few hours ago when Windows Update finished. (Windows 7 Ultimate)

I followed a few suggestions from the responses in the thread but cannot find any programs relating to this "PACE" thing.

A:PACE Anti-Piracy (Installed after Windows Update)

Hi there,
Pace make Modems/routers/settop boxes, all for the Net/CableTV/Media sector.
Have you just set up an Network for streaming then onto your comp??, using a 3rd party box.

Not got that on my system.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/394723-pace-anti-piracy-installed-after-windows-update.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello all,

I installed the Anniversary Windows 10 update from scratch on my Surface Book. After installing all the Surface Book drivers, I ran Windows Update and it downloaded and wanted to install more device drivers.

Most of those drivers failed to install and it won't let me re-install them.

Can anyone please tell me why this is happening?

Screenshot #1:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q49jcczsvzwft3m/1.jpg?dl=0

Screenshot #2:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/do66q10ghy8wih0/2.jpg?dl=0

setupapi.dev.log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zahs8a5767...i.dev.log?dl=0

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/58638-installed-anniversary-update-sb-windows-updates-failing.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Just reinstalled xp home sp2 on my desktop. Downloaded sp3 and installed ok. Windows updates will not work either before or after sp3. Infact it crashes the computer. when I reboot ; I get freezing again. The only way to resolve this is too reinsatll sp2 and then sp3. So I am going to leave at sp3 until I get sp3 pro installed. I have avast av and zone fw installed. So is it safe to browse in the mean time using firefox not IE? I understand to safley browse in windows, one needs a good av, fw plus a updated windows system or is having a updated os really needed?

A:Installed XP SP3, Windows Update not working, safe to browse?

In updates from MS every month there are always some 'critical' ones that nobody should ignore. However, only XPsp3 and later gets them. So yes, having an updated OS is a must.
Having said that, firefox is safer than IE in the main, and an AV and firewall are as much as you should ever need, provided they are kept up-to-date. Also Adobe and Java software is notorious for bugs. Keep updates going on Flash, acrobat, pdf reader, java also.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-xp-sp3-windows-update-not-working-safe-to-browse.191300/
Relevancy 66.65%

Anybody having problems with fresh vista installations?

I installed clean back in June without any problems.

Now I find that a clean install refuses to update.

Windows updates chews up the cpu endlessly without doing anything. It initially populates the windows update log, then jams.

After trying all the useless stopping services, looking for non existent reg entries, and renaming folders, and the equally useless MS fixit, I eventually managed to get the 64 bit install to update after installing the Checksur tool.

It is not working with 32 bit though. Seems impossible to get it to update.

Failed to evaluate Installed rule, updateId = {07AEE973-703C-4F27-83F1-3E764D9ED2C7}.202, hr = 80041010

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/303931-windows-update-failed-evaluate-installed-rule.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi,

Yesterday I realised that Windows Update wasn't working on my Windows 7 Ultimate N (32-bit) laptop.

It sometimes found updates but then when I selected them and tried to download them it just hung on 0 kb and 0%.

I uninstalled SP1 and Windows Update worked fine. Then , when reinstalled SP1 Windows Update stoped working - it just hangs while it says its looking for updates.

I have used two tools to try to fix it - Windows Update Diagnostic and Microsoft FixIt 50202. Neither have worked...

Any ideas??

Thanks

Stu

A:Help Needed - After I installed SP1, Windows Update Stops Working.

How long did you wait?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/375820-help-needed-after-i-installed-sp1-windows-update-stops-working.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I don't use Skype. I uninstalled it. Windows Update keeps sending updates and marking them as 'important.' If I run the update I find I need to uninstall the program again.

I'd like reassurance that I can safely ignore these updates.

It makes sense to me, but software has gotten complex enough that I want to be sure that this update only updates Skype for Windows and that failure to implement it does not leave a gaping hole in Windows 7.

thanks

baumgrenze

A:Skype For Windows - Program Not Installed - Important Update?

If you change windows update settings as shown below then in theory you will not be offered skype. If you prevoiusly had skype installed and are still offered updates then I guess that skype wasn't fully removed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/402722-skype-windows-program-not-installed-important-update.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I have an old laptop It's not really old it's about years old I have not used it for about a year I was going to get it up to speed and give it to my sister It's last Windows Update was DEcember It does have SP installed I booted it up and went to do a Windows Update to get the thing up to speed When I ran Windows Update and selected EXPRESS it bombed on an error that said something like The files needed for Windows Update are not installed or regestered on this PC Would you like to download and install these files now I select YES the thing downloads and installs then Files installed Update Windows not registered Problem: or I try the WinUpdate again and the process starts again into a loop of installing and registering the missing files I exited and ran the Microsoft Genuine XP Windows Update Problem: Files not installed or registered Active X deal I thought that might be the problem That Windows Update Problem: Files not installed or registered Active X part ran and the copy of XP was ceritfied as valid it came with the laptop So no matter what I do I get the same error everytime I run WinUpdate Has anyone seen this before It's a WinBook XP laptop P WinXP SP THANKS -jon

A:Windows Update Problem: Files not installed or registered

Re-register the Windows Update components.

=================

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter.

2. Run the following commands:

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

You will receive a "succeeded" message if a component is registered successfully. Hope this does the trick.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-update-problem-files-not-installed-or-registered-78566.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Recently I had to reinstall my windows XP operating system. I reinstalled MusicMatchJukebox from the original backup CD. It worked fine until windows update installed internet explorer 8. After that it would not open. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Still did not work. There was no error message. It would hang up in the open mode. I would then need to restart my computer before I could open any other program or log on the internet. Would a later version work with IE 8? Any help you can provide will be appreciated.

A:MusicMatch Jukebox will not open after windows update installed IE 8

Yahoo bought Musicmatch about four years ago and the last version of MM is from 2004 which works fine with IE6, but the program was never updated for IE7 or 8 so there have been problems.

I recently reinstalled Windows XP, then IE8, then SP3, then MM and so far it's working OK. I have MM 10.00.4033 which you can get here: http://www.oldapps.com/musicmatch.php

Do you have Musicmatch Plus for a particular version or all future versions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/musicmatch-jukebox-will-not-open-after-windows-update-installed-ie-8.848167/
Relevancy 66.65%

I had done a clean install of Windows and was just finishing the tweaking I like Windows Yesterday I had uninstalled AMD CCC and it's driver downloaded the latest CCC software package and just installed the drivers I did not want CCC All was well yesterday Today I noticed an AMD folder on my C root I had deleted this yesterday after the driver install I then checked my Start menu and there was CCC I clicked on it and it loaded Windows Update history shows it was re-installed this morning I had just spent a half hour going through a clean uninstall and then just a driver install All for naught as it is now back I have lost control Windows Control on Catalyst it's own. Center Update AMD INSTALLED!!! of my system I cannot do a custom installation of a software driver package anymore As if that wasn't bad enough the quot Programs and Features quot program list entry for CCC is not even valid No uninstall change ability If I were insane and repeated yesterday I would have to again use the AMD Clean Uninstall Utility to uninstall CCC No Windows Update INSTALLED!!! AMD Catalyst Control Center on it's own. use as Windows will just install the whole package again Is this a known issue for other driver packages programs too We just do not have a choice of what gets installed on our system anymore even if it isn't really a Microsoft Windows Update Thanks for any replies

A:Windows Update INSTALLED!!! AMD Catalyst Control Center on it's own.

Did you turn off driver and manufacturer app installation in Windows 10? If you didn't, then Windows 10 is doing exactly what it is designed to do - install the latest hardware drivers and hardware associated apps that are provided to Microsoft by the hardware manufacturer.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/31941-windows-update-installed-amd-catalyst-control-center-its-own.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Every since my computer received the April 7, 2016 "Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.217.854.0)" my scanner can no longer send documents to my computer.  I have a Sharp AR-M257 copier/scanner/fax and it is
wirelessly connected to my computer.  Is there a setting that I need to adjust to allow the copier to access my computer?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2bae199e-459a-4238-b17b-397b2318784a/windows-defender-update-installed-april-7-2016?forum=w8itprosecurity
Relevancy 66.65%

couple of days ago i installed the windows genuine advantage update, pc worked as normal after that...

have just installed another update that came through today. said there were 2 updates, didnt really take notice of what they were but one of them said something like..'malicious soft ware remover' (or something like that). promted to restart after that...restarted and now windows wont boot, just a blank screen

my copy of xp is genuine, have had it installed on my desktop for 4 years or so.

really worrying as my whole life is on that machine.

please advise.

thanks.

Relevancy 66.65%

Hello everyone My pc specs are as follows Intel K Asus Sabertooth update USB working ports after installed windows No latest Z GB DDR ram Windows Pro x Razer DeathAdder mouse Logitech Usb keyboard My pc was working fine until yesterday night when july windows update was downloaded and installed Then when today morning i booted up my pc all my usb devices stopped working I cannot use No USB ports working after latest windows update installed my mouse or keyboard when my windows is booted However I am able to use my mouse and keyboard fine in UEFI bios without any issue I tried clearing cmos changing ports No USB ports working after latest windows update installed enable and disable legacy usb in bios enable and disable intel xhci still my mouse and keyboard are not working when windows boots up I tried system restore using windows cd but it ends up giving some error during restore and says unable to restore I am able to access my system registry and explorer using the windows cd Is there anyway i No USB ports working after latest windows update installed can solve this issue without having to format my pc Thank you I hope i provided all the info needed for the topic if I am missing anything please let me know

A:No USB ports working after latest windows update installed

Can you boot in Safe Mode ?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/49675-no-usb-ports-working-after-latest-windows-update-installed.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I just installed a new hard drive and everything has gone smooth except for windows update im getting "windows update cannot currently check for updates, because the service is not running. You may need to restart your computer". I tried going into services and its running and also tried to stop service and delete the folder but still did not work. What else can I do?

A:Installed new hard drive windows 7 wont update

...You may need to restart your computer...also tried to stop service and delete the folder...

Pardon the obvious questions, but did you restart? Stop what service? Delete what folder?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/571198/installed-new-hard-drive-windows-7-wont-update/
Relevancy 66.65%

hi.
i have this "Dell inspiron n5110 ". it had problems so i changed the OS (it was win 7 service pack 1) , so first i installed win 10.
it gave me error for Windows update , error 8007000e . and another one when i was going to install drivers like graphic card . the error was this computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements for installing the software .
so i decided to install win 7 again , and it gave me the same errors .
before re installing i had win 7 and everything was fine , drivers all were installed with no errors and i was able to update with no problem.
is there any problems with CPU or hard drive ?. i installed win 7 about 6 times and it didn't work !.

A:windows update error 8007000e - fresh installed win 7

Hi Final,
Dell comps are sometimes a pain upon re-install, They tend to muck around with the Bios.
You will more than likely require a set of Dell re-installation disks.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/395646-windows-update-error-8007000e-fresh-installed-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 66.65%

PC 64bit
Windows 7 home premium
Windows Update does not work
What I did for diagnose and solving the problem:

1. Tried installing System Update Readiness Tool (SURT)
received
"Installer encountered an error: 0x80070424 The Specified service does not exist as an installed service"

2. SFC Scan
Command Prompt
Run as Administrator
sfc /scannow

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations

3. Windows Update
Via Start/Configuration: Windows Update

Error: Windows update cannot check for updates, because the service is not running. You may need to restart your computer. (no error code)
Restarting pc does not help.

4. CBS.zip
The CBS log created by sfc /scannow is attached

5. Checking services:
Run: Services.msc
The windows update service is not in the list

Any tip / advice appreciated.
Jeff

A:Windows Update Service not installed error: 0x80070424

Please download the Farbar Service Scanner from

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-service-scanner/

Right-click on the saved file and select 'Run as Administrator', and tick all the options, then click on the Scan button - copy and paste the report to your response.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/302130-windows-update-service-not-installed-error-0x80070424.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi,

I just recently ran a windows update and noticed that a program called "Personal Security" was installed and I am unable to remove it. It's showing that threats have been detected and I need an activation key to remove them. I've never heard/seen this program before and wondering if it's harmful to my computer. Anyone have this problem? Thanks!

Kel

A:Recent Windows Update installed Personal Security

Hello and welcome. I am moving this from XP to the Am I Infected forum as you are. Where did you get the Windows Update from??This is a rogue Security Application.PLease follow the instructions in our guide here,click >> Remove Personal Security (Uninstall Guide)When done post the scan log and tell us how it's doing.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/294999/recent-windows-update-installed-personal-security/
Relevancy 66.65%

Dear all,
I have a new Windows 7 Professional here. After running most of the Windows Updates, I discovered that there are two remaining updates that couldn't be completed. I downloaded the standalone installer but it said that update was installed already. I tried
to use the auto-troublshooter to help but it said something like "Windows update error 0x80070057" which cannot be fixed.
Do you guys have any ideas of why it's happening?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6331447c-67ac-4add-ba25-e9bf1351863e/windows-update-kb3004375-and-kb3031432-fails-to-be-installed?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi.

Just installed windows xp home onto my newly fixed pc. The problem is I am completely unable to auto update. When i click on the system tab under my computer and choose auto updated, all the options are blanked out and I cant click anything. Norton also says i have one item 'affecting my status', i clikc it, it tells me its auto update - i go to fix it and it fails to do so. basically, there's a conspiracy to keep me from updating this pc!

Incidentally the internet keeps messing up too. i dont know if its connected but about 50% of the time i go to a site it tells me 'server not found', then i retry a few times and eventually i get there. I have scanned for viruses using norton 2006 and nothing was found.

Any ideas? Thanks all.

A:Installed windows xp Home - cant auto update and net keeps breaking.

uninstall the Norton then try the ms updates.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installed-windows-xp-home-cant-auto-update-and-net-keeps-breaking-120926.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Windows update installed SP3 and now I don't have admin. status. I don't have any other users setup on the computer. Please help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-lost-administrator-privliages-after-windows-update-installed-sp3-456155.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I'm having the exact same problem as Jeff I followed through on the Farbar Service Scanner and these are my results Farbar Service Scanner Version - - Microsoft Windows 0x80070424 Update not Service installed Windows error: Home Premium Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Connection Status Localhost is accessible LAN connected Google IP is accessible Google com is accessible Yahoo com is accessible Windows Firewall Firewall Disabled Policy System Restore System Restore Disabled Policy Action Center wscsvc Service is not running Checking service configuration Windows Update Service not installed error: 0x80070424 Checking Start Windows Update Service not installed error: 0x80070424 type ATTENTION gt Unable to open wscsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open wscsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open wscsvc registry key The service key does not exist Action Center Notification Icon gt Unable to open HKLM ShellServiceObjects F F FDD-AA D- -A -C B AF B A key The key does not exist Windows Update wuauserv Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open wuauserv registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open wuauserv registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open wuauserv registry key The service key does not exist BITS Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open BITS registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open BITS registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open BITS registry key The service key does not exist Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy Windows Defender WinDefend Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open WinDefend registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open WinDefend registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open WinDefend registry key The service key does not exist Other Services Checking Start type of iphlpsvc ATTENTION gt Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath of iphlpsvc ATTENTION gt Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll of iphlpsvc ATTENTION gt Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key The service key does not exist File Check C Windows System nsisvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows System drivers nsiproxy sys gt MD is legit C Windows System dhcpcore dll gt MD is legit C Windows System drivers afd sys gt MD is legit C Windows System drivers tdx sys gt MD is legit C Windows System Drivers tcpip sys gt MD is legit C Windows System dnsrslvr dll gt MD is legit C Windows System mpssvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows System bfe dll gt MD is legit C Windows System drivers mpsdrv sys gt MD is legit C Windows System SDRSVC dll gt MD is legit C Windows System vssvc exe gt MD is legit C Windows System wscsvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows System wbem WMIsvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows System wuaueng dll gt MD is legit C Windows System qmgr dll gt MD is legit C Windows System es dll gt MD is legit C Windows System cryptsvc dll gt MD is legit C Program Files Windows Defender MpSvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows System ipnathlp dll gt MD is legit C Windows System iphlpsvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows System svchost exe gt MD is legit C Windows System rpcss dll gt MD is legit End of log What should I do Note This is actually a friend's computer an EXTREMELY technologically impaired person older The computer was loaded with viruses I cleaned it up and am just trying to get it functional again and back to them I've never encountered so much damage from viruses because I take care of my computers

You've had an infection from ZeroAccess/Sirefef - start with the following tool and see if it helps...

How do I remove Sirefef (ZeroAccess) trojan? - ESET Knowledgebase

Once completed, run the Farbar scanner again, and post the new results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/302603-windows-update-service-not-installed-error-0x80070424.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I recently installed windows update and now my computer boots up very slowly to the Windows Update Incredibly Slowly Installed, Boots New point where it takes a half hour to an hour for it to get to the login in screen I have an ssd and previous it takes around to seconds so I have no idea what's going on and what is causing this My specs CPU Intel Core i - K GHz Quad-Core Processor SuperBiiz CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper TX CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler OutletPC Motherboard New Windows Update Installed, Boots Incredibly Slowly Gigabyte GA-Z X-Gaming ATX LGA Motherboard SuperBiiz Memory Patriot Signature GB x GB DDR - Memory Amazon Memory G Skill Sniper Low Voltage Series GB x GB DDR - Memory OutletPC Storage Samsung New Windows Update Installed, Boots Incredibly Slowly EVO GB quot Solid State Drive OutletPC Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive OutletPC Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive OutletPC Storage Western Digital BLACK SERIES TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive SuperBiiz Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX GB SuperSC ACX Video Card OutletPC Power Supply Rosewill Capstone W Gold Certified ATX Power Supply OutletPC

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/59976-new-windows-update-installed-boots-incredibly-slowly.html
Relevancy 66.65%

How do I get this Windows 10 Update notification telling me I can get a free upgrade to Windows 10? All websites say to remove KB3035583. but the problem is, KB3035583 is NOT installed on my computer. it is NOT listed in my installed updates but I STILL have this icon bugging me to upgrade! How do I remove it if KB3035583 is not even installed on my machine? I uninstalled it and hid the update ages ago but the notification mysteriously returned even without the update installed!

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/379199-remove-windows-10-update-notification-kb3035583-not-installed.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Just reinstalled xp home sp2 on my desktop. Downloaded sp3 and installed ok. Windows updates will not work either before or after sp3. Infact it crashes the computer. when I reboot ; I get freezing again. The only way to resolve this is too reinstall sp2 and then sp3. So I am going to leave at sp3 until I get sp3 pro installed. I have avast av and zone fw installed. So is it safe to browse in the mean time using firefox not IE? I understand to safely browse in windows, one needs a good av, fw plus a updated windows system or is having a updated os really needed?

A:Installed xp sp3, Windows Update not Working, Safe to browse?

You should do it in this order:

Do a reinstall of Windows XP Home Edition SP2.

Download and save and then install the full 316 MB SP3 upgrade.

Go to Windows Update/Microsoft Update, then download and install the 100+ post-SP3 high priority updates.

The goal is to get Windows XP completely up-to-date before you start installing a bunch of programs and extras in that computer.

Stay away from a third-party firewall, such as ZoneAlarm, and stick with the Windows built-in firewall.

--------------------------------------------------------

What's the brand name and model name and model number of that computer?

How much RAM does it have?

--------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installed-xp-sp3-windows-update-not-working-safe-to-browse.1095451/
Relevancy 66.65%

Everything was working fine in IE8 until I noticed that all of a sudden many of the links I clicked on wouldn't open any longer. I could open them if I right clicked on them, then clicked on "open."

I realized that it seemed to start after I installed the 6/1/10 windows update. I restored computer to a point just before that and now IE8 works seems to be working ok.

I think the update was jsut a windows defender update so I don't see how this could have caused a problem

Anyone else have that problem?

Any ideas?

Thanks, Ron

A:Installed 6/01/10 Windows Update-Links Stopped Working

Let's find out that after installing the update the following any changes are happening in the settings of Internet options. Tabbed Browsing Settings of Internet Explorer - 8
Its a defaul settings of IE-8.

1. Go to tool menu,
2. internet options
3. in General tab
4. go to settings of 'Tabs'
5. Tabbed Browsing Settings
6. click on 'Restore defaults'
7. Check mark or click on the radio button according to your need.
8. Apply
9. ok

Step - 7

Check mark

*Enable Tabbed Browsing
*Warn me when closing multiple tabs
*Enable quick tabs
*Enable Tab groups

When a new tab is opened, open

*The new tab page

Click on the radio button

*Always open pop-ups in a new window
*A new tab in the current window

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/installed-6-01-10-windows-update-links-stopped-working-487212.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I installed Windows Update Readiness Tool because I was getting the error 80073712 when Windows was attempting to install an update every time I shut off the computer. The Windows Update Readiness Tool did not solve this error but now I can't 'Safely Remove Hardware' when I need to disconnect my external hard drive.
P.S. - I have Windows 7 Ultimate x64 bit desktop.
Any help would be appreciated.

A:Problem since I installed Windows Update Readiness Tool

Welcome to Seven Forums Lingleha.

Look at the steps here to see if they may help. Error Code 0x80073712 occurs in Windows Update or Microsoft Update

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/306536-problem-since-i-installed-windows-update-readiness-tool.html
Relevancy 66.65%

PC 32bit
Windows 7 Ultimate
Windows Update does not work
What I did for diagnose and solving the problem:
1. System Update Readiness Tool (SURT)
Error: errorcode0x80070424
The service is not installed.
With fixit this is solved
the 32 bit update is installed
pc restarted
2. SFC Scan
Command Prompt
Run as Administrator
sfc /scannow
Scan notifies there are problems that could not be fixed
3. Windows Update
Via Start/Configuration: Windows Update
Error: at this moment there cannot be searched for updates, because
the Windows Update -service is not active. Probably you have to
restart your computer. (no error code)
Restarting pc does not help.

4. CBS.zip
The CBS log created by sfc /scannow is attached

5. Checking services:
Run: Services.msc
The BITS service is not in the list !

Any tip / advice appreciated.
Wim

Please download the Farbar Service Scanner from

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-service-scanner/

Run it, and tick all the options, then click on the Scan button - copy and paste the report to your response.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/280861-windows-update-service-not-installed-error-0x80070424.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Search Results

I am trying to update from Windows 10 OS Build 10586.589 to the Anniversary Update but my computer freezes at 1% progress. I have tried everything I can think of including: Unplugging all extra SATA drives except my main SSD, unplugging my wireless network adapter, unplugging all USB devices (even mouse and keyboard), removing old drivers and updating outdated ones, and installing the update through a USB flash drive. It always gets to the same part and freezes until I shutdown my computer and lose no data.

You can see pictures of the frozen screen here: http://imgur.com/a/PseoH.
Reddit thread (Took the guys advice on there): Windows 10 Anniversary Update Freeze : Windows10
Hopefully someone can give me some guidance on how to fix this as I've tried everything I can think of. Thanks!

Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0
CPU: AMD FX-8320 (OC)
GPU: EVGA GTX 750 SC OS
SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120 GB SSD

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/63726-cannot-update-windows-10-anniversary-update-freeze-during-update.html