Windows Support Forum

Help with Windows Update Error: Windows Update Services not running.

Q: Help with Windows Update Error: Windows Update Services not running.

Hello, can someone please help me with my problems about Windows Update

I have tried to run Windows Update on my computer and received the following error message:
I have also tried Farbar Service Scanner and i got this file
Attachment 294790
Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Help with Windows Update Error: Windows Update Services not running.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Help with Windows Update Error: Windows Update Services not running.

i have a similar problem here is my farbar file:
Please Help
Farbar Service Scanner Version: 23-11-2013
Ran by Safe (administrator) on 24-11-2013 at 12:02:44
Running from "C:\Users\Safe\Desktop"
Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 (X86)
Boot Mode: Normal

Internet Services:
============

Connection Status:
==============
Localhost is accessible.
LAN connected.
Google IP is accessible.
Google.com is accessible.
Yahoo.com is accessible.
Windows Firewall:
=============
mpsdrv Service is not running. Checking service configuration:
The start type of mpsdrv service is OK.
The ImagePath of mpsdrv service is OK.

MpsSvc Service is not running. Checking service configuration:
Checking Start type: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open MpsSvc registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ImagePath: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open MpsSvc registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ServiceDll: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open MpsSvc registry key. The service key does not exist.

bfe Service is not running. Checking service configuration:
Checking Start type: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open bfe registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ImagePath: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open bfe registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ServiceDll: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open bfe registry key. The service key does not exist.
Firewall Disabled Policy:
==================
"HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile" registry key does not exist.
System Restore:
============

System Restore Disabled Policy:
========================
Action Center:
============

wscsvc Service is not running. Checking service configuration:
Checking Start type: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open wscsvc registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ImagePath: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open wscsvc registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ServiceDll: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open wscsvc registry key. The service key does not exist.

Action Center Notification Icon =====> Unable to open HKLM\...\ShellServiceObjects\{F56F6FDD-AA9D-4618-A949-C1B91AF43B1A} key. The key does not exist.
Windows Update:
============
BITS Service is not running. Checking service configuration:
The start type of BITS service is OK.
The ImagePath of BITS service is OK.
The ServiceDll of BITS service is OK.
Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy:
============================
Windows Defender:
==============
WinDefend Service is not running. Checking service configuration:
Checking Start type: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open WinDefend registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ImagePath: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open WinDefend registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ServiceDll: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open WinDefend registry key. The service key does not exist.
Other Services:
==============
Checking Start type of iphlpsvc: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ImagePath of iphlpsvc: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ServiceDll of iphlpsvc: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key. The service key does not exist.

Checking Start type of SharedAccess: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to retrieve start type of SharedAccess. The value does not exist.
Checking ImagePath of SharedAccess: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to retrieve ImagePath of SharedAccess. The value does not exist.
Checking ServiceDll of SharedAccess: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to retrieve ServiceDll of SharedAccess. The value does not exist.
Checking FirewallRules of SharedAccess: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open "SharedAccess\Defaults\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules" registry key. The key does not exist.
Checking FirewallRules of SharedAccess: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open "SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules" registry key. The key does not exist.

File Check:
========
C:\Windows\system32\nsisvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\nsiproxy.sys => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\dhcpcore.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\afd.sys => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\tdx.sys => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\tcpip.sys
[2012-09-12 14:43] - [2012-08-22 17:16] - 1292144 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) A5EBB8F648000E88B7D9390B514976BF

C:\Windows\system32\dnsrslvr.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\mpssvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\bfe.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\mpsdrv.sys => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\SDRSVC.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\vssvc.exe => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\wscsvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\WMIsvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\wuaueng.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\qmgr.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\es.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\cryptsvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpSvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\rpcss.dll => MD5 is legit
**** End of log ****

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/312811-help-windows-update-error-windows-update-services-not-running.html
Relevancy 111.37%

Can someone help me I have always had good luck in this + not Error: running Services Windows Cryptographic 0x8024D007 Update forum with talented people helping me troubleshoot Microsoft s KDB has NOTHING that is helping me with the below window log file I first noticed a change when my Window s Desktop Search application wasn t indexing anything then my Outlook search wasn t indexing I went to the Microsoft Update Windows Update Error: 0x8024D007 + Cryptographic Services not running website to see if maybe I needed to install updates and then I get the error message I checked BITS and Windows Update Error: 0x8024D007 + Cryptographic Services not running it is running RPC is running however Cryptographic Services is NOT running and I get this error message when I try to start it Could not stat the Cryptographic Services service on Local Computer Error xc Also the Windows Firewall is unable to be started as well I get another error message when trying to start it I ran a virus definitions update along with a full system scan with Norton and nothing was found Any suggestions I ve already unregistered and re registered a million dll files through cmd and that didn t help either I don t have any other third party software installed to detect spyware or adaware I m running on Windows XP service pack Here is some of the windows log file - - Setup START Setup Installing client binaries - - Setup - - Setup Download directory C WINDOWS SoftwareDistribution WebSetup - Windows Update Error: 0x8024D007 + Cryptographic Services not running - Setup Stop and start service Yes - - Setup Starting registry operations for section cdm - - Setup Completed registration operations for section cdm status - - Setup Starting registry operations for section wuapi - - Misc Registering binary C WINDOWS system regsvr exe s quot C WINDOWS system wuapi dll quot - - Setup Completed registration operations for section wuapi status - - Setup Starting registry operations for section wuauclt - - Setup Completed registration operations for section wuauclt status - - Setup Starting registry operations for section wuaucpl - - Setup Completed registration operations for section wuaucpl status - - Setup Starting registry operations for section wuaueng WebSetup - - Misc Registering binary C WINDOWS system regsvr exe s quot C WINDOWS system wuaueng dll quot - - Misc FATAL Self registration of C WINDOWS system wuaueng dll failed error x D - - Setup WARNING Completed registration operations for section wuaueng WebSetup status x d - - Setup WARNING Setup failed while processing registry operations error x D Rolling back changes - - Setup WARNING Exit code x D - - Setup - - Setup END Setup Installing client binaries - - Setup - - Setup FATAL InstallUpdatedBinaries failed with error x d - - WUWeb FATAL InstallUpdatedBinaries failed with error x d - - WUWeb FATAL UpdateClientWorker failed error x d - - ccc Misc Logging initialized build tz - - - ccc Misc Process C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE - - ccc Misc Module C WINDOWS system wuapi dll - - ccc COMAPI FATAL Unable to connect to the service hr - - ccc COMAPI WARNING Unable to establish connection to the service hr - - ccc COMAPI FATAL Unable to connect to the service hr - - ccc COMAPI WARNING Unable to establish connection to the service hr - - ccc Misc Logging initialized build tz - - - ccc Misc Process C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE - - ccc Misc Module C WINDOWS system WUWEB DLL - - ccc Misc Validating signature for C WINDOWS SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C wuredir cab - - ccc Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - ccc Misc Validating signature for C WINDOWS SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C wuredir cab - - ccc Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - ccc Misc Validating signature for C WINDOWS SoftwareDistribution WebSetup wuident cab - - ccc Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - ccc Misc Validating signature for C WINDOWS SoftwareDistribution WebSetup wuident cab - - ccc Misc Mic... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-error-0x8024d007-cryptographic-services-not-running.760086/
Relevancy 101.05%

Windows update will not run get services not running error System Update Readiness Tool SURT I got Installer encountered an error xc SFC Scan There were corrupt files log is included Thanks any help would services says running not windows Update be greatly appreciated Also this happened after I replaced the internal HD with another using clone from acronis software Interestingly enough I found the exact same problems that another person had I also had a windows activation problem that I fixed already Here is the link to his issues and how it was fixed Windows Update Won't work after imaging new C drive Just now got a windows stating quot genuine and activation problem quot again Also found many others having the same problem after upgrading hd using acronis to clone just google search xc acronis found article at Windows Update Broken After Cloning Hard drive GeezBlog https support microsoft com en-us kb To Paraphrase from the beezmo blog To cut to the chase windows Update says services not running SP and the hotfix weren t correctly updating the storage driver so it couldn t report sector size to Windows The clue here was that fsutil see that Microsoft link above was reporting bytes per physical sector as windows Update says services not running lt Not Supported gt I have confirmed I have the same issue after reading the article and running fsutil I will have to open my Laptop up to see what HD I put in can't remember its been awhile ago and I left the problem alone and just did not use this laptop Unfortunately this is my programming development machine and I have a project that needs tweaking By the way I am a systems programmer technician consultant with years of experience I was an XP expert just and old man now I would rather have someone with more windows trouble shooting experience help me with this problem So please chime in if you have anything to say my current hd is HGST hgst k tb and it is one of the advanced format drives

A:windows Update says services not running

Sounds to me like the IRST drivers...

This may simplybe caused by a bad set of Intel Rapid Storage Technology drivers -

Installing theIntel Rapid Storage Drivers

try downloadingand installing them from here - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=2101&DwnldID=22194

(you want theiata_enu.exe download)

Once complete,please reboot twice, then post an MGADiag report.
I need to see afull copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool

(download andsave to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012)

Once saved, run the tool.

Click on theContinue button, which will produce the report.

To copy the report to your response, click onthe Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and thenpaste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/374674-windows-update-says-services-not-running.html
Relevancy 100.19%

I've tried many things including scanning for malware doing a sfc scan reinstalling windows four times manually installing windows service pack using microsoft's FixIt tool trying to activate Defender MS Security essentials restarting the services from services msc checking my RAM for errors with windows diagnostic im on my last wits Windows Update can't run becasue the services aren't running Windows Defender gives the following error service has stopped and when you click start now it times out and gives another error i read online that defender is needed to start for update to work that's why i tried this When I tried to install Service Pack it gave me catastrophic error x FFFFF which seems to mean I'm in deep bleep judging update the (ps: running Windows won't they services aren't are) because from a quick search result As mentioned in my topic title I've done a SMART scan and my HD is a-okay This is my second clean reinstall of Windows I've scanned for malware and viruses with several scanners -- clean CBS log part

A:Windows won't update because the services aren't running (ps: they are)

okay i can't figure out how to attach the full CBS document because it's 600KB+

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/521722/windows-wont-update-because-the-services-arent-running-ps-they-are/
Relevancy 98.9%

I just got my laptop from service they replaced a new hard drive and installed windows It is a Sony Vaio i own it now but it's a slightly used rent-to-own type of deal so no windows dvd or system restore or anything They supposedly restored my computer to factory setting it services.msc scan/run running won't says in computer update isn't. ... windows but but I can't update my computer The bar to the windows update won't scan/run ... running in services.msc but computer says it isn't. left is red and i see a red shield with a white x and it says most recent checks for updates never updates were installed never i go to installed programs and nothing has been installed since early It's like whenever i try to click check windows update won't scan/run ... running in services.msc but computer says it isn't. for updates button it's like something is blocking it from connecting and scanning is the best way I can explain it I desperately need help to update all my software and security patches etc I found something online where it says to type services msc and stop it and go to c windows softwaredistribution and delete the files and then start the service so then windows updates still won't scan windows says service is not running but it is

A:windows update won't scan/run ... running in services.msc but computer says it isn't.

This will usually fix any issues with Windows update components:
How do I reset Windows Update components?

if not you may find the solution here:
Microsoft Fix it Solution Center: troubleshooting software issues

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-update-wont-scan-run-running-in-services-msc-but-computer-says-it-isnt-642864.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Ok, let me begin by saying I'm not an expert on the computer by any stretch of the word.
That being said, I've been having a problem with an update that Windows Update has been TRYING to install on my computer for at LEAST a month.
Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB936181)
pops up many times a day and it will SAY that it is installing (or that it has been installed) but then a few minutes later POP! There it shows up again. I've tried turning off my anti-virus (Norton 360) and installing it, and nothing works. I have LITERALLY tried installing this thing over 100 times.
Can anyone help me?

A:Windows Update has an update titled "Core Services...etc" that will not install

Try directly downloading it here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/213457/windows-update-has-an-update-titled-core-servicesetc-that-will-not-install/
Relevancy 92.45%

I am currently recovering from an infection Google re-direct and am now unable to update Windows I am not sure if this issue is related but I obviously need to fix it either way I noticed that my Windows Security Center icon in the task tray had the It told Services WIndows/ Update Windows affected Update Unable to me that my automatic updates were turned off and I was unable to turn them on from there Every time I went into system settings System System Properties Automatic Updates to verify I had automatic Unable to Update WIndows/ Windows Update Services affected updates selected for daily downloads So I manually selected Windows Update from IE Tools - when I got to the Microsoft site it started checking to see if I had the latest updates I got this error message To install updates from this website you must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group on your computer If you use Windows XP you can see if you are an administrator by going to User Accounts in Control Panel Note If your computer is connected to a network network policy settings might also prevent you using this website Contact your system administrator for help with updates I AM the administrator and in fact the only user aside from the Guest selection On my virus post http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html page st I was instructed to use SystemLook for these files atl dll jscript dll msxml dll softpub dll wuapi dll wuaueng dll wucltui dll wups dll wups dll wuweb dll The log is posted there and I can copy to here if nec Any help would be appreciated - TIA

A:Unable to Update WIndows/ Windows Update Services affected

Can I ask you if you get any service related errors when trying to start Windows Update?
Can you try and create another user account with admin rights, and see if you are able to get these services started?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/395665/unable-to-update-windows-windows-update-services-affected/
Relevancy 91.59%

I purchased a new notebook with Windows 7 in October. During the first weeks I uninstalled McAfee and replaced the harddrive. Since November Windows Update fails with error messages and defender does not start anymore. I made several virus scans (complete) with multiple antivirus programs but nothing showed up.Since it took my days to install various software, I do not want to re-install W7. I also have no good backup that I could restore. I am really surprised that there is not even a single entry regarding the error code in the Microsoft Knowledge base or elsewhere.I really would appreciate help. 

A:Windows Update does not work, Windows Standalone Update Installer stops with error 0xc8000247 (Windows 7 Home Premium on Acer Aspire 1810TZ notebook)

Got it !!!!
If You are using notebooks with with hard drive larger than 700 GB you probably should update Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver.
Here is solution :
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02219204&cc=nl&lc=en&dlc=en&product
Download and install it.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3b716d4c-fb5f-411b-9aee-38af1c529336/windows-update-does-not-work-windows-standalone-update-installer-stops-with-error-0xc8000247?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 90.3%

Please help me out - I replaced my defective HDD with a new Samsung Spinpoint HDD, re-installed my Windows 7 image using the recovery DVDs, and can't update windows at all after that. I tried following the steps from Windows Update Posting Instructions - System Update Readiness Tool (SURT) and could not install that update either - got the attached message.
Thanks in advance,
Mike

A:Windows Update not running. Error Code 0xc8000247 when running SURT

This may simply be caused by a bad set of Intel Rapid Storage Technology drivers -

Installing the Intel Rapid Storage Drivers
try downloading and installing them from here - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=2101&DwnldID=22194

(you want the iata_enu.exe download)

Once complete, please reboot twice, then post another MGADiag report.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/294153-windows-update-not-running-error-code-0xc8000247-when-running-surt.html
Relevancy 89.44%

when attempting to do Windows update or open Windows Firewall receiving errors. attached a screen shot of the messages. Is there a virus/malware that my current anti-virus software is not picking up?

A:Windows Firewall error 0x6D9 and Windows update not running

Hi & to Bleeping Computer Forums!My name is Jürgen and I will be assisting you with your Malware related problems. Before we move on, please read the following points carefully: My native language isn't English. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.Please read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding.Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one.If you have any problems while you are follow my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem.Do not run any other scans without instruction or Add/ Remove Software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me.Post all Logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts.If I don't hear from you within 5 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.If I don't reply within 24 hours please PM me!Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean.Step 1Please run a FRST scan. This will help us diagnose your problem.Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.(If you are not sure which version (32-/64-bit) applies to your system, download and try to start both of them as just the right one will run.)Start FRST with administator privileges.Make sure the option Addition.txt is checked and press the Scan button.When finished, FRST will produce two logs (FRST.txt and Addition.txt) in the same directory the tool was run from.Please copy and paste these logs in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/570040/windows-firewall-error-0x6d9-and-windows-update-not-running/
Relevancy 89.44%

Windows Update Service Not Running Error Windows Update cannot currently check for updates because the service is not running a restart may be required This is an Acer Iconia W Windows Pro -bit tablet PC Automatic Windows Updates worked for a while then quit working with the error posted in the subject The system is running Symantec Endpoint Protection v and I have insured that the usual problematic advanced settings of quot Enable OS fingerprint masquerading quot and quot enable stealth mode browsing quot are turned 7 32bit Update Service - Not Running Windows Windows Error off I attempted the automatic Windows quot fixit quot Windows 7 32bit - Windows Update Service Not Running Error function with Windows 7 32bit - Windows Update Service Not Running Error no sucess I have verified that the required services as outlined in other posts on this same topic are indeed running I applied the recommended hotfix for -bit Windows at KB to install the System Update Readiness Tool which installed I then ran in an ECP sfc scannow which ran to with the message quot Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations quot Attached is a zipped copy of the CBS subdirectory of Windows logs Here is the result of an FSS scan Code Farbar Service Scanner Version - - Ran by gelinasrc administrator on - - at Running from quot C Users gelinasrc Downloads quot Windows Professional Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Connection Status Localhost is accessible LAN connected Google IP is accessible Google com is accessible Yahoo IP is accessible Yahoo com is accessible Windows Firewall Firewall Disabled Policy System Restore System Restore Disabled Policy Action Center Windows Update Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy Windows Defender Other Services File Check C Windows system nsisvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers nsiproxy sys gt MD is legit C Windows system dhcpcore dll gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers afd sys gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers tdx sys gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers tcpip sys gt MD is legit C Windows system dnsrslvr dll gt MD is legit C Windows system mpssvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows system bfe dll gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers mpsdrv sys gt MD is legit C Windows system SDRSVC dll gt MD is legit C Windows system vssvc exe gt MD is legit C Windows system wscsvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows system wbem WMIsvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows system wuaueng dll gt MD is legit C Windows system qmgr dll gt MD is legit C Windows system es dll gt MD is legit C Windows system cryptsvc dll gt MD is legit C Program Files Windows Defender MpSvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows system ipnathlp dll gt MD is legit C Windows system iphlpsvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows system svchost exe gt MD is legit C Windows system rpcss dll gt MD is legit End of log I hope I have included enough to allow you to assist me in rectifying this extremely annoying problem Thanx Rawl

A:Windows 7 32bit - Windows Update Service Not Running Error

Try this first - while I take a look at the logs.....

Open Windows Update
Click on Change Settings
Select 'Never Update...'
Click OK
exit Windows Update
Now open Windows update again
Click on Change Settings
Select 'Update automatically'
Click OK
exit Windows Update
Open Windows Update, and do a manual Check for Updates.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/270420-windows-7-32bit-windows-update-service-not-running-error.html
Relevancy 88.58%

hello I recently upgraded my net book pc to a ssd when I tried to update it came up with this error message windows update cannot update cannot not cannot it running error update run is windows because update because it is not running you may need to restart after a day of trying to fix this I broke down and started to post this as I went to get the error message so I could windows update cannot run because it is not running error print it here it just loaded the page then became unresponsive now it comes up with a error that reads EE -A A- D - -BEB C EEF DB- AD- E windows update cannot run because it is not running error -AD - E F C F the remote procedure call failed and did not execute I have tried almost every thing I updated my Intel rapid storage drivers turned bits and wueuserv on checked to make Shure that all of that all the programs it depends on were on used windows fixit and attempted to update widows update agent only to receive error code x ffff and yes I restarted the computer as well as windows windows update cannot run because it is not running error update it self please help I need this computer by Wednesday please please please help this is very frustrating sincerely lime

A:windows update cannot run because it is not running error

Hello and welcome lime just to get it right just what exactly have you done so far?

I am assuming you have installed the SSD and are trying to clean install 7 onto it? If so did you prepare the SSD before you started this process?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/302476-windows-update-cannot-run-because-not-running-error.html
Relevancy 87.72%

When I try to install KB3182373, a "Security Update for Microsoft Silverlight", Windows Update reports failure with the message "Code 643 Windows Update encountered an unknown error".
I ran WindowsUpdateDiagnostic.diagcab. It reported that "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem".
What can I do to fix this? I'm running Windows 7 Professional.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ab3e30fe-b420-45f1-b3b0-9fd7f93fbe5a/windows-update-fails-when-installing-kb3182373-code-643-windows-update-encountered-an-unknown?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 87.72%

Windows update cannot currently check for updates because the service is not running a restart may be required.

I've restarted multiple times and it still does not work.

When I go to Services Windows Update does not show up
I'm running Windows 7 64bit

I attached 2 screenshots

The first one is of the Windows Update error I'm getting

The second one is of the Windows Services I have to prove that Windows Update isn't showing up at all.

Help Please.

A:Windows Update Service Not Running Error

Please follow the instructions here.....
Windows Update Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/267229-windows-update-service-not-running-error.html
Relevancy 87.29%

I am using Windows Professional with Service Pack Windows Update has lost my update history and hangs when I tell it to check for updates Windows Update Troubleshooter reports quot Windows Update error x - - -T- P Not Fixed quot How can I get Windows Update working again Here is a detailed account 0x80070057 Reports Not Update Error Fixed Hangs, Windows Windows Update Troubleshooter of the problem Earlier today I ran Windows Update and told it to install important updates It said it was downloading them but stalled for minutes at done I rebooted my computer and re-ran Windows Update It reported that there were no pending important updates I clicked quot View update history quot and saw that the most recent important updates had failed I clicked quot Check for Updates quot and when it finished checking Windows Update continued to report that there were no pending important updates At that point I Windows Update Hangs, Windows Update Troubleshooter Reports Error 0x80070057 Not Fixed concluded that something was wrong with Windows Update In an attempt to fix it I downloaded and ran the Windows Update Troubleshooter WindowsUpdateDiagnostic diagcab It reported one problem found quot Windows Update error x - - -T- P Not Fixed quot After running Windows Update Troubleshooter I re-ran Windows Update It reported that my most recent check for updates was quot Never quot and that updates were installed quot Never quot When I clicked quot View update history quot I saw an empty list When I clicked quot Check for updates quot the application stalled at quot Checking for updates quot I have re-booted re-run Windows Update Troubleshooter and re-run Windows Update at least twice more Windows Update Troubleshooter continues to report quot Windows Update error x quot and Windows Update continues to show no update history and to hang on quot Checking for updates quot

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/25a67d86-9ee5-460d-924b-663a55e34b06/windows-update-hangs-windows-update-troubleshooter-reports-error-0x80070057-not-fixed?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi all I am trying to update multiple Windows bit systems in a Domain environment and keep getting error code EFD This only happens when the PC's are connected to the Domain I brought one of the systems home and it updated update on error Windows bit domain 80072EFD only 7 64 running no problem so I know it is not the anti-virus Symantec Endpoint for bit systems or the Windows Firewall I have added the update sites as suggested by Microsoft to the firewall and have tried doing updates with the firewall and Endpoint disabled no luck I also tried it after uninstalling Endpoint same results These are new Dell PC's Windows update error 80072EFD running 7 64 bit on domain only right out of the box I removed the resident anti-virus programs and installed Endpoint I have done this many times in the Windows update error 80072EFD running 7 64 bit on domain only same Domain for XP systems without any headaches so I am pretty sure it is a Windows bit issue Even though they are new systems I ran MalwareBytes on them just to make sure there was nothing hinky on them from Dell nothing found Do any of you tech gurus have any ideas Thanks in advance

A:Windows update error 80072EFD running 7 64 bit on domain only

That sounds like it's a problem with the network, rather than the PC.
Check the network firewall settings - WU for Win7 uses a slightly different mechanism to AU/WU for XP and different ports may need to be opened for traffic.

firewall rules
You'll need both Windows Updates and BITS enabled.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/214347-windows-update-error-80072efd-running-7-64-bit-domain-only.html
Relevancy 86.86%

My since error update Solved: last genuine Windows running Not computer ran some updates overnight this week and ever since then i ve been getting a popup telling me my copy of Windows is not genuine I bought the computer a year or two ago with Windows preinstalled and haven t made any changes to my system recently I m still Solved: Not running genuine Windows error since last update showing that my Windows is activated in Properties but i keep getting the popup and running the validation link from the popup itself at microsoft com results in it just sort of dangling there spinning and nothing happens Any ideas TSG SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD FX tm - Quad-Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASRock N -VS FX Antivirus AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Updated and Enabled MGA Diagnostic info Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - -QD Y -MXG W-Y YDQ Windows Product Key Hash y UNaKlyoS OFBU Rt p dMU Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM System Builder Windows OS version ID CC B- A - E- -D E Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Premium Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Solved: Not running genuine Windows error since last update Version N A hr x Windows XP Solved: Not running genuine Windows error since last update Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt CC B- A - E- -D E lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -Y YDQ lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt To Be Filled By O E M lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt To Be Filled By O E M lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt American Megatrends Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt P lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt FC lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt US Eastern Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Software licensing service version Name Windows R HomePremium edition Description Windows Operating System - Windows R OEM COA NSLP channel Activation ID f d f... Read more

Relevancy 86.43%

i am not good at english hope i can make myself clear hello everyone this is all my fault i download a movie call quot Brave quot via torrent from internet after download i can t open the video file the readme file tell me that i need to install a decoder software in the same folder i use the and services.msc Windows server security missing windows update firewall windows in center, microsoft security essential to scan this quot decoder quot all good so i install it after scaning then bad thing happened missing server Windows security center, windows firewall and windows update in services.msc the microsoft security essential realtime protection shut down windows fire wall shut down windows update shut down the most important all of those three could not be restart and i can t find each of them in the services msci search on google for a solution it take a long time finally i found something on the google the solution is use quot sc quot command to recreate the service on services msc then i missing server Windows security center, windows firewall and windows update in services.msc download a reg file called quot wscsvc reg quot from that site and import it to the system http pressf pcworld co nz showthread php -Win -Security-Centre-service-missing-after-malware-infectionWindows Registry Editor Version HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet services wscsvc quot DisplayName quot quot SystemRoot System wscsvc dll - quot quot ErrorControl quot dword quot ImagePath quot hex d f f c d c f e d b c f c e f b quot Start quot dword quot Type quot dword quot Description quot quot SystemRoot System wscsvc dll - quot quot DependOnService quot hex e d d quot ObjectName quot quot NT AUTHORITY LocalService quot quot ServiceSidType quot dword quot RequiredPrivileges quot hex e e f c d f e c quot DelayedAutoStart quot dword quot FailureActions quot hex c d e HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet services wscsvc Parameters quot ServiceDllUnloadOnStop quot dword quot ServiceDll quot hex d f f c d c e c c HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet services wscsvc Security quot Security quot hex c d c ff f fd ff f d d b d e dc f e e a b eb ca b after that i can see the security center in the services msc but it still can t active automaticly i change some property of security center after start my computer microsoft security essential realtime protection active and turn green But i still can t make windows update and windows fire wall functional PLEASE i need your help Security Check result Results of screen s Security Check version Windows Service Pack x UAC is enabled Internet Explorer Antivirus Firewall Check span Microsoft Security Essentials Antivirus up to date Anti-malware Other Utilities Check span Java Update Java version out of Date Adobe Flash Player Flash Player out of Date Adobe Reader X Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Google Chrome Google Chrome plugins Process Check objlist exe by Laurent span Microsoft Security Essentials MSMpEng exe Microsoft Security Essentials msseces exe System Health check span Total Fragmentation on Drive C End of Log span Farbar Service Scanner FSS result Farbar Service Scanner Version - - Ran by Solomon administrator on - - at Running from quot C Users Solomon Downloads quot Microsoft Windows Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Connection Status Localhost is accessible LAN connected WAN connectedGoogle IP is accessible Google com is accessible Yahoo IP is accessible Yahoo com is accessible Windows Firewall mpsdrv Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of mpsdrv service is OK The ImagePath of mpsdrv service is OK MpsSvc Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve start type of MpsSvc The value does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve ImagePath of MpsSvc The value does not exist Unable to retrieve ServiceDll of MpsSvc The value does not exist bfe Service is not running C... Read more

A:missing server Windows security center, windows firewall and windows update in services.msc

DownloadTDSSkillerLaunch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file systemClick on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive) Do not change the default options on scan resultsDownloadaswMBRLaunch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitionsClick the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save logPost the log results hereDownloadESET online scannerInstall itClick on START,it should download the virus definitionsWhen scan gets completed,click on LIST of found threatsExport the list to desktop,copy the contents of the text file in your reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/467248/missing-server-windows-security-center-windows-firewall-and-windows-update-in-servicesmsc/
Relevancy 86.43%

After installing Windows Home Premium Upgrade on Windows to 7 fails update Update when running updates a new seagate g hdd on a Toshiba L Laptop with bit that had Vista with latest SP on a gb hdd then installing the sp the windows updater will not download and install updates As it Windows 7 Update fails to update when running updates was I had to manually download the sp to a flash drive from my desktop and put it on the laptop Windows 7 Update fails to update when running updates No problems there but was hoping it would solve the Update problem but didn't I get the Windows 7 Update fails to update when running updates quot Fail quot error codes and F I have KB updates and not one of them will download and install Called MS help and for two days they had me try different things They even took control of the computer and couldn't figure it out I checked memory and did a chkdsk on the new HDD In desperation for trouble shooting I put the Vista HHD back in and ran updates with no problems at all then I reinstalled the G HHD I didn't have a BSOD at all But I downloaded and installed Microsoft Security Essentials and when I did that I would get the BSOD for what ever reason I had a hard time getting it uninstalled because as soon as you would start windows within a few seconds I would get the BSOD When I finally got the Security Essentials uninstalled the BSOD Went away Have no Idea what one had to do with the other I just want to get the updater to work Any Help Thanks

A:Windows 7 Update fails to update when running updates

AGB,

Quote:
After installing Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade on a new seagate 320 g hdd on a Toshiba L300 Laptop with 32 bit

What???

That makes zero sense.

one thing at a time.

Which computer do you want to install Win 7 on?

Do you have license?

One license = 1 machine.
1 machine = 1 license.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/240545-windows-7-update-fails-update-when-running-updates.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I upgraded a laptops prefectly operating 160 gig HD to a new 1 Ter HD using
Ghost 11 ... have done this for other laptops before without incident.

This time all seems to be well, until I go to windows update to confirm the
windows installation is completely up to date and this is the problem.

(note: i am also not allowed to view the update history, no matter how long
i wait all i get is a blank white page)

When I click on "Check For Updates" a dialoge box comes up .....

Windows Update

Windows Update cannot currently check for updates because the
service is not running. You may need to restart your computer.

... of course i've tried that ..... and a few other fixes too ... looked for spyware
re registered DLL's ... all no go ... please
HELP !

also, if I put the drive that was the source for the clone, the 160 back in .. updates are no problem at all.

A:Windows Update service not running, can not update after HD upgrade

Welcome
Rather unique problem you have, but lets try this.
Go to the computer icon on the desktop Right click
Properties
Now look at the lower right. Do you see the Microsoft Emblem.
Maybe, you are not correctly validated and have to validate with the key number.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/292907-windows-update-service-not-running-can-not-update-after-hd-upgrade.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Tried the following Update works if I bypass the router ie connect the PC directly to modem It also works from different ISP through router at work Format disk amp Reinstall windows From windowsupdate log - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http download windowsupdate com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab gt error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING DownloadFileInternal failed for http download windowsupdate com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab error x efd - - c Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C muv wuredir cab - - c Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - c Misc WARNING SendRequest failed with hr efd Proxy List used lt gt Bypass List used lt null gt 0x80072efd update - with Windows Client error Windows detect Update to Can't failed 7 Auth Schemes used lt gt - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http download microsoft com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab gt error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING SendRequest failed with hr efd Proxy List used lt gt Bypass List used lt null gt Auth Schemes used lt gt - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http download microsoft com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab gt error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING SendRequest failed with hr efd Proxy List used lt gt Bypass List used lt null gt Auth Schemes used lt gt - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http download microsoft com v windowsupdate Can't update Windows 7 - Windows Update Client failed to detect with error 0x80072efd redir muv wuredir cab gt Can't update Windows 7 - Windows Update Client failed to detect with error 0x80072efd error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING SendRequest failed with hr efd Proxy List used lt gt Bypass List used lt null gt Auth Schemes used lt gt - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http download microsoft com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab gt error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING DownloadFileInternal failed for http download microsoft com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab error x efd - - c Misc Validating signature for - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http www update microsoft com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab gt error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING SendRequest failed with hr efd Proxy List used lt gt Bypass List used lt null gt Auth Schemes used lt gt - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http www update microsoft com v windowsupdate redir muv wu... Read more

A:Can't update Windows 7 - Windows Update Client failed to detect with error 0x80072efd

Hi,

Try to remove the proxy server entry from the WinHTTP proxy configuration for Windows 7:

Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start programs and files box.
Right-click cmd.exe in the Programs list, and then click Run as administrator.
Note If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or click Continue.
Type the following command and then press Enter:
netsh winhttp show proxy
Note The proxy setting is listed next to Proxy Server. If there is no proxy server, Direct Access <no proxy server> is shown in the Command Prompt window.
To remove the listed proxy setting, type the following command and then press Enter:

netsh winhttp reset proxy
Click Start, click All Programs, click Windows Update, and then try to download and install updates again.Alex Zhaozx
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f37e3638-beac-445a-83f4-21cf85cb05fe/cant-update-windows-7-windows-update-client-failed-to-detect-with-error-0x80072efd?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi all-

This is my first post so hopefully I'm doing it correctly.

I've been having issues with my Windows update service not checking for updates since it says the service isn't running. I have tried various other fixes that I've seen in other threads such as running Malwarebyte and FSS. When running those tools, no issues were found.

I downloaded SURT, and while the installation will initialize, it stops and gives me a 0xc8000247 error.

I ran sfc /scannow and have attached the log file below.

I have also enclosed the CBS logs as requested.

I am running Windows 7 Professional (64-bit) and have SP1 installed. Please advise if there is any additional information that you need. If it matters, the computer in question is an HP Pavilion DV8.

Thank you,

Tom

A:SURT error 0xc8000247 and Windows update service isn't running

Did you not think it might have something to do with the non-genuine notification you're also almost certainly getting?

This may simply be caused by a bad set of Intel Rapid Storage Technology drivers -

Installing the Intel Rapid Storage Drivers
try downloading and installing them from here - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=2101&DwnldID=22194

(you want the iata_enu.exe download)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/357058-surt-error-0xc8000247-windows-update-service-isnt-running.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi,
some of you may already be familiar about this problem. Though i tried to follow the fixes provided on this forum but I cant seem to have any luck on getting this resolved.
I am attaching the logs created upon running SURT, I'll be honest, I attempted to run SURT quite a few times in an attempt to fix the problem.
Thanks in advance!

A:Error 0x800b0100 when running windows update for KB2813430 and KB28086

Please don't save the files as .doc Word files - they are already in readable format as .log files if you want to read them (use Notepad)

Your problems are the following files.... and possibly others, since you failed to also post the CBS.log after running SFC /SCANNOW.

Code:
Unavailable repair files:
winsxs\manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-p..ooler-networkclient_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22311_none_a27469edd50ac61f.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-p..ooler-networkclient_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18142_none_9776b17087a3d45d.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-p..ooler-networkclient_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22311_none_981fbf9ba0aa0424.manifest
winsxs\manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-p..ooler-networkclient_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18142_none_a1cb5bc2bc049658.manifest
servicing\packages\Package_112_for_KB2808679~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_112_for_KB2808679~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_113_for_KB2808679~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_113_for_KB2808679~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_114_for_KB2808679~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_114_for_KB2808679~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_115_for_KB2808679~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_115_for_KB2808679~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_45_for_KB2808679~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_45_for_KB2808679~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_59_for_KB2808679~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_59_for_KB2808679~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_75_for_KB2808679~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_75_for_KB2808679~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_76_for_KB2808679~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_76_for_KB2808679~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_83_for_KB2808679~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_83_for_KB2808679~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2808679_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2808679_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2808679~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2808679~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_112_for_KB2808679~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.cat
servicing\packages\Package_112_for_KB2808679~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.cat
servicing\packages\Package_113_for_KB2808679~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.cat
servicing\packages\Package_113_for_KB2808679~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.cat
servicing\packages\Package_114_for_KB2808679~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.cat
servicing\packages\Package_114_for_KB2808679~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.cat
servicing\packages\Package_115_for_KB2808679~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.cat
servicing\packages\Package_115_for_KB2808679~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.cat
servicing\packages\Package_45_for_KB2808679~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.cat
servicing\packages\Package_45_for_KB2808679~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.cat
servicing\packages\Package_59_for_KB2808679~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.cat
servicing\packages\Package_59_for_KB2808679~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.cat
servicing\packages\Package_75_for_KB2808679~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.cat
servicing\packages\Package_75_for_KB2808679~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.cat
servicing\packages\Package_76_for_KB2808679~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.cat
servicing\packages\Package_76_for_KB2808679~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.cat
servicing\packages\Package_83_for_KB2808679~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.cat
serv... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/293749-error-0x800b0100-when-running-windows-update-kb2813430-kb28086.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I am trying to install net framework and keep getting error HRESULT xc As a result I attempted to use running failed Windows Update not 0xc8000222, error Service with windows update and realized it Windows Update failed with error 0xc8000222, Service not running is failing It says the service is not running I tried installing Windows -KB -v -x and it also fails with error code xc I tried to start services using elevated command prompt and here are the results Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt net start bits The requested Windows Update failed with error 0xc8000222, Service not running service has already been started More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG C Windows system gt net start wuauserv The requested service has already been started More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG C Windows system gt NET START BFE The requested service has already been started More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG C Windows system gt NET START TRUSTEDINSTALLER The Windows Modules Installer service is starting The Windows Modules Installer service was started successfully Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Windows Update failed with error 0xc8000222, Service not running

Please run a full CHKDSK and SFC scan....

Click on Start > All Programs > Accessories
Right-click on the Command Prompt entry
Select Run as Administrator and accept the UAC prompt - the Elevated Command Prompt window should pop up.

At the Command prompt, type

CHKDSK C: /R

and hit the Enter key.
You will be told that the drive is locked,
and the CHKDSK will run at he next boot - hit the Y key, press Enter, and then reboot.

The CHKDSK will take a few hours depending on the size of the drive, so be patient!

After the CHKDSK has run, Windows should boot normally (possibly after a second auto-reboot) -
then run the SFC.

SFC -System File Checker - Instructions
Click on Start > All Programs > Accessories
Right-click on the Command Prompt entry
Select Run as Administrator and accept the UAC prompt - the Elevated Command Prompt window should pop up.

At the Command prompt, type

SFC /SCANNOW

and hit the Enter key

Wait for the scan to finish - make a note of any error messages - and then reboot.
Copy the CBS.log file created (C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log) to your desktop (you can't manipulate it directly) and then compress the copy and attach it to your reply

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/275389-windows-update-failed-error-0xc8000222-service-not-running.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi Computer has been running slow for a few weeks on login I receive Microsoft Runtime Error notices Windows update, MSE Running error C++ XP: slow, won't runtime microsoft notices saying that it's is with the Roxio Shared Folder in Programmes MSE couldn't find updates now managed to get it to update after doing a system restore Checked with Malwarebytes and it quarantined one item but computer is still infected i think Everytime i shut down a blue screen appears saying there is a problem Thanks for your help DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by fliss at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated EDB FA - B - AFA- C D- CCA AV McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated B EE - - CDE-A A-DD BA FAD FW McAfee Firewall Enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch C WINDOWS system svchost -k rpcss c Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportMgmtService exe Windows XP: Running slow, MSE won't update, microsoft C++ runtime error notices C WINDOWS System svchost exe Windows XP: Running slow, MSE won't update, microsoft C++ runtime error notices -k netsvcs C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k NetworkService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Kontiki KService exe C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Dell Dell Webcam Manager DellWMgr exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files Roxio Drag-to-Disc DrgToDsc exe C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxWatch exe C Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd exe C Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files DellTPad HidFind exe C Program Files DellTPad Apntex exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exe C Program Files Kontiki KHost exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C Documents and Settings fliss Application Data Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Program Files Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftlist exe C Program Files Dell Support Center gs agent dsc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Virtualization Handler CVHSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxMediaDB exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportService exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin iFrmewrk exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www facebook com uWindow Title Internet Explorer optimized for Bing and MSN uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll BHO Skype Browser Helper ae - e c- ed - f b-f f a - c program files skype toolbar... Read more

A:Windows XP: Running slow, MSE won't update, microsoft C++ runtime error notices

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seemingly abate.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by a helper.

If there are any personal files, pics, etc. on your computer you cannot live without, back them up now just as a precaution.

Emergency Backup Procedure - Tech Support Forum

Please download ComboFix and Save it to your Desktop.

**Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**

Disable all antivirus and antispyware programs. Get help here

Double-click ComboFix.exe and follow the prompts to run it.
As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed.
With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal.
It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
When prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

ComboFix will now automatically install the Windows Recovery Console onto your computer, which will show up as a new option when booting up your computer. Do not select the Windows Recovery Console option when you start your computer unless requested to by a helper.

Once the Recovery Console is installed, this blue window will appear:
Please click Yes to continue scanning for malware.
Your desktop may go blank. This is normal. It will return when ComboFix is done.
ComboFix may reboot your machine. This is normal. For some infections, it may do this multiple times.
When the tool is finished, it will produce a log for you.

Please post that log, C:\ComboFix.txt, in your next reply.

Please re-enable your antivirus before posting the ComboFix.txt log.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/windows-xp-running-slow-mse-wont-update-microsoft-c-runtime-error-notices-643444.html
Relevancy 84.71%

ASUS Desktop PC CM Series Windows Home Premium SP -bit Core i GB RAM GB HDD Windows updates not working for a while Initial was B appearing in the Windows Update window when searching for updates Found bad memory using Memtest and pulled the stick Other stick no errors after passes Toshiba HDD installed Ran two different HDD diagnostics test on it and it passed No conflicts in device manager Now Windows Update window showing error Based upon instructions ran System Update Readiness Tool SURT but that appears to have not made any resolution Ran it twice to ensure it ran successfully Then ran the Windows Update Diagnostic diagcab from go Error Update 0x8007370B Windows & Error Windows Update 80070002 Diag microsoft com fwlink LinkID and it shows Windows Update error x Windows Update Error 80070002 & Windows Update Diag Error 0x8007370B B - - -T- P as NOT FIXED All other items in list shows as FIXED SFC scannow will not run displaying the message quot windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation quot I tried the same in a elevated prompt in normal windows and in safe mode with the same result No luck running Surface Scan Ran chkdsk r twice also Screen captures of both errors and CBS log file attached Any help is greatly appreciated In the meantime I will begin running some antimalware scans just in case Thanks for any assistance

A:Windows Update Error 80070002 & Windows Update Diag Error 0x8007370B

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data
If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

We need that data whether or not either CheckSUR or SFC complete.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/346188-windows-update-error-80070002-windows-update-diag-error-0x8007370b.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Status Validation unsupported OS Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code N A hr xc f Windows Product Key - -DKB - M GH- HVX Windows Product Key Hash LVfmE BrV Windows 10. the I have activation the error get try kept time first I bit time same I 0x80072EE2. and This Windows code second with getting installed to is activate errors update. running I Im When The 64 Gw When I try to activate I get error code 0x80072EE2. This is the second time I have installed Windows 10. The first time I kept getting the same errors with activation and Windows update. Im running 64 bit iwVgO ouTh Gk Windows Product ID - - -AA Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type Unknown Windows OS version N A hr x a ID B -DE A- FF -BA C- D C Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Architecture x Build lab th - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER When I try to activate I get error code 0x80072EE2. This is the second time I have installed Windows 10. The first time I kept getting the same errors with activation and Windows update. Im running 64 bit Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- When I try to activate I get error code 0x80072EE2. This is the second time I have installed Windows 10. The first time I kept getting the same errors with activation and Windows update. Im running 64 bit gt Office Status Unsupported OS OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt File Mismatch C WINDOWS system licdll dll Hr x File Mismatch C WINDOWS system oembios bin Hr x File Mismatch C WINDOWS system oembios dat Hr x File Mismatch C WINDOWS system oembios sig Hr x Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt B -DE A- FF -BA C- D C lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - - HVX lt PKey gt lt PID gt - - -AA lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Hewlett-Packard lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt HP ENVY Notebook PC lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt Insyde lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt F lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt F B FE lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Central Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6ce9625e-317b-4705-92ab-f5f7db1dbd25/when-i-try-to-activate-i-get-error-code-0x80072ee2-this-is-the-second-time-i-have-installed-windows?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 84.28%

Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Status Validation unsupported OS Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code N A hr xc f Windows Product Key This The errors to 0x80072EE2. get same Windows the error kept installed time When activation bit 10. getting second activate update. with code 64 and Im time I running Windows try I have the first is I I - -DKB When I try to activate I get error code 0x80072EE2. This is the second time I have installed Windows 10. The first time I kept getting the same errors with activation and Windows update. Im running 64 bit - M GH- HVX Windows Product Key Hash LVfmE BrV Gw iwVgO ouTh Gk Windows Product ID - - -AA Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type Unknown Windows OS version N A hr x a ID B -DE A- FF -BA C- D C Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Architecture x Build lab th - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status Unsupported OS OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt File Mismatch C WINDOWS system licdll dll Hr x File Mismatch C WINDOWS system oembios bin Hr x File Mismatch C WINDOWS system oembios dat Hr x File Mismatch C WINDOWS system oembios sig Hr x Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt B -DE A- FF -BA C- D C lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - - HVX lt PKey gt lt PID gt - - -AA lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Hewlett-Packard lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt HP ENVY Notebook PC lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt Insyde lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt F lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt F B FE lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Central Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot A quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot C quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot E quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot F quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot ... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9418c11a-3114-4625-9039-afdbc17f6867/when-i-try-to-activate-i-get-error-code-0x80072ee2-this-is-the-second-time-i-have-installed-windows?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 82.99%

I have a strange problem my Windows update is unable to connect to the Windows the Services Internet Windows Update unable like to connect to Internet to download updates Norton was also unable to do so and I had to install Avast I have also noted Norton detecting many Heuristic viruses which it was unable Windows Services like Windows Update unable to connect to the Internet to remove in my system folder and thats why I think this Windows Services like Windows Update unable to connect to the Internet problem is caused due to a malware Here is my HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes D Windows system Dwm exe D Windows Explorer Windows Services like Windows Update unable to connect to the Internet EXE D Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe D Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl exe D Program Files Keyboard Manager Manager Utility KeyboardManager exe D Program Files Motorola SMSERIAL sm hlpr exe D Windows system taskeng exe D Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe D Windows System rundll exe D Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashDisp exe D Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe D Users Shantam AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe D Windows ehome ehtray exe D Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe D Program Files RALINK Common RaUI exe D Windows System rundll exe D Windows ehome ehmsas exe D Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe D Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exe D Windows System mobsync exe D Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe D Windows explorer exe D Users Shantam Downloads HiJackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http securityresponse symantec com avcenter fix homepage R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http securityresponse symantec com avcenter fix homepage R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http securityresponse symantec com avcenter fix homepage R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http securityresponse symantec com avcenter fix homepage R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http securityresponse symantec com avcenter fix homepage R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - D Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - D Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - D Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - D Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl D Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl exe O - HKLM Run Skytel D Program Files Realtek Audio HDA Skytel exe O - HKLM Run Keyboard Manager Utility quot D Program Files Keyboard Manager Manager Utility KeyboardManager exe quot lang en H O - HKLM Run SMSERIAL D Program Files Motorola SMSERIAL sm hlpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh D Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run NvSvc RUNDLL EXE D Windows system nvsvc dll nvsvcStart O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE D Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE D Windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run avast D PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKCU Run Sidebar D Program Files Windows Sidebar sid... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-services-like-windows-update-unable-to-connect-to-the-internet.805243/
Relevancy 82.56%

I did a windows xp update yesterday and now i have noticed 4 more services running. I'm running win xp media center edition. My computer discription is at the bottom. The services are, MDM, MEDIA CENTER EXTENDER, MEDIA CENTER RECEIVER SERVICE, MEDIA CENTER SCHEDULER SERVICE....My computer was running ok before these updates and still is. Its just that they are on auto startup and running in the background. There were 4 software updates in the windows update and they must be it. Does anyone know what these are for and do they need to be running?

Thanks, Kevin

A:4 New services running after xp update ?

Hi..as you say they must be a part of your media centre update..
We all trust Microsoft..don't we..seriously they must be safe and need to run..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/4-new-services-running-after-xp-update.408587/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello!
Just finished a reactivation of Windows 7 Pro and now update manager is not working properly, had to reactivate after cloning and upgrading hard drive. I tried restarting the system as the update manager directed me to do. I have tried running the "System Update Readiness Tool" from Microsoft and received the following error code "0xc8000247". I also ran "sfc /scannow" and it reported that "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them". Details are attached in the zipped CBS log.

Thank you for your help!

A:Update services not running

Sounds like the Crypto services may be having a problem.
There are no problems evident in the CBS log - although there are some anomalies in it that may indicate that it's not working properly.

Please run the following commands in an Elevatedcommand prompt window, and copy/paste the results to your reply, together witha new MGADiag report.

NET START CRYPTSVC
SC QC CRYPTSVC
SC QUERYEX CRYPTSVC
Here are some instructions to make lifeeasier

1) To open anElevated Command Prompt Window (the ECP window), click on Start, All Programs,Accessories – then right-click on Command Prompt, and select Run asAdministrator. Accept the UAC prompt.

2) To run thecommands easier, highlight the block of commands, and right-click on thehighlight – select Copy. In the CP Window, click on the black/white icon at topleft – select Paste. The commands will run but may not complete the lastcommand, so hit the Enter Key once.

3) To copy theresults... click on the Black/White icon in the top left, and select Edit...'Select All', and hit the Enter key - then use Ctrl+V or r-click+Paste to pasteit into your response.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/282471-update-services-not-running.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi Guys Services of Auto-Update...Windows lot 7 not Windows after responding A Windows auto-updated last night and left me with a big mess today A lot of windows services are not responding at all will not open some freeze ect It all started with windows getting stuck at the blue screen something along the lines of preparing windows ect do A lot of Windows Services not responding after Auto-Update...Windows 7 not shut down It kept looping on restart I got it to finally get to windows but Windows Update does not open at all System Restore Opens but I apparently do not have any restore points Safe Mode with Network boots to a black screen safe mode in all corners though Microsoft excel does not open Cannot uninstall Microsoft starter I deleted all files under c gt windows gt softwaredistribution gt download I downloaded the service pack manually from Microsoft website the exe file will not run at all So there it is I can browse the internet but most windows services do not run Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:A lot of Windows Services not responding after Auto-Update...Windows 7

Download Windows 7 Services Repair to your desktop.
Important that this tool is on Desktop!
Right Click Run as Administrator.
Type 2 into the CMD window, hit enter.
Allow it to complete.
Then type 3 into the Command window, hit enter.
Allow that to complete as well.
Then reboot your machine.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607600/a-lot-of-windows-services-not-responding-after-auto-updatewindows-7/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi Guys Windows auto-updated last night and left me with a big mess today A lot of windows services are not responding at all will not open some freeze ect It all started with windows getting stuck at the blue screen something along the lines of preparing windows ect do not shut down It kept looping on restart I got it to finally get to windows but Windows Update does not open at all System Restore Opens but I apparently do not have any restore points Safe Mode with Network boots to a black screen safe mode in all corners though Microsoft excel does not open Cannot uninstall Microsoft starter I deleted all files under c gt windows gt softwaredistribution gt download I downloaded the service pack manually from Microsoft website the exe file will not run at all So there it is I can browse the internet but most windows services do not run Any help would A not after Auto-Update...Windows lot 7 Services Windows of responding be greatly appreciated

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/392924-lot-windows-services-not-responding-after-auto-update-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 82.13%

We couldn't install Windows 10
0xC1900101 - 0x40017
We've set you PC back to where it was right before you started installing Windows 10
The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during BOOT operation
What was tried: Connected straight to ethernet, Turned off wireless and Defender A/V, Removing the D/L files, D/L fresh from ISO file, launched install file, went through approx 50% and PC rebooted - nor stuck on black screen with swirling dots for OVER 4 hours with a brief HD access every couple of seconds.
Rebooted again -- still swirling dots on black screen. Tried again, same results.
Rebooted with F8 to get original Win 10 back.
Turned on "metered connection" option for WLAN to stop this update from happening. But now I cannot get and security updates for this machine.
Please suspend this D/L until fixed. Cannot afford to have no protection!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438835-update-windows-10-anniversary-update-will-not-install-error-0xc1900101-0x40017-second-boot.html
Relevancy 82.13%

It is a few months sine I have been able to update. I have searched and tried advice to others, but have found, or not found update in my Computer>Manage>Services&Applications>Services folder
Can I do anything apart from a reinstall on Windows Vista Premium?

Thank You

Relevancy 82.13%

I would like help with the following error codes. I'm using Windows7 32bit system
Update Error codes: 0x80070002 Phase 40 = Post-reboot install failure. &amp; 0x8024000C FATAL: Unable to initiate asynchronous search: These codes are relating to Windows Update Database, and Windows Update components must be repaired. Also it says Update Services are not running. I do have the Update Logs if required?

A:Windows Update Services

Hello Marc and welcome to Seven Forums.

This previous Forum thread may help.

How to repair the windows update service

As a precaution it would be advisable to create a system restore point "just in case." Or better yet, a system image. If your computer gets even worse you could restore it to its current condition and be no worse off than you are now.

System Restore Point - Create

System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/265242-windows-update-services.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hey,

I'm trying to install update KB976932 (Windows Service pack 1 for 64bit) and KB982526 (Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1) but I keep getting error 800b100 which stops me from doing so.

I've tried deactivating my firewall; manually installing from the microsoft website; and using the system readiness tool but I keep getting the same error

I've attached log files and I believe some files are corrupt. How can I replace them?
Can anyone please help me out?

Thanks.

A:Windows 7 - Update KB976932 and KB982526 update failure- error 800b100

i am facing the same problem even, tried installing manually, readiness tool and fix it, nothing works. So i just turned off windows update,
windows update Code error 800B100
I amrunning 64 bit windows 7 ultimate

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/147233-windows-7-update-kb976932-kb982526-update-failure-error-800b100.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi everybody

I get windows update error code 2 on installing Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5, 4.5.1 and 4.5.2 on Windows 7, Vista, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2 x64 (KB2978128)
I have also some other errors installing Internet Explorer 11.

I have used "sfc /scannow" command but it didn't find any integrity violations. the CBS log is attached.

I have also used SUR and the log file can be found attached to this post.

Any help is appreciated.

A:Windows update error code 2 on installing security update .NETF 4.52

Not as bad as I thought from the file size of the CheckSUR log...

Code:
Summary:
Seconds executed: 626
Found 40 errors
CSI Manifest All Zeros Total count: 40
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-ieshims_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_ae6c710c2475d6dd.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-ieshims_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_c5578c400ab73d40.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-scripting-jscript9_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_ab08cdc647ee4ac0.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-extcompat_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_a38eed1960d6da24.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-i..ersandsecurityzones_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_32ad7426474825c0.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-ratings_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_455c9a9ecd397534.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ieinstal_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_66663569022097ee.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-extcompat_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_ba7a084d47184087.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-js-debuggeride_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_b8c293a66f3311dc.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-runtimeutilities_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_ae82eb7016c1044d.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-lowreg_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_0f2b73186e1db6ad.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-scripting-jscript_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_e9bf29ad81612b17.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-gc-registeriepkeys_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_a5b33267944d950c.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-sysprep_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_82715ae744395a3d.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-i..tocolimplementation_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_7fb34fc812514c53.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-sysprep_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_995c761b2a7ac0a0.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-htmlrendering_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_910d6ee692a7b589.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-runtimeutilities_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_c56e06a3fd026ab0.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-lowreg_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_26168e4c545f1d10.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-i..etexplorer-optional_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_1680b8a41e440241.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-js-debuggeride_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_a1d7787288f1ab79.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-setup-support_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_439b116ecef783db.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-gc-registeriepkeys_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_8ec81733ae0c2ea9.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-versioninfo_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_6605203fbf36f2d9.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-ratings_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_2e717f6ae6f80ed1.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-scripting-jscript9_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_c1f3e8fa2e2fb123.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-pdm-configuration_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_b72e2fb5a0a8f7b3.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-vgx_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_6b016db5593931ef.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-setup-support_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_2caff63ae8b61d78.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-pdm-configuration_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_ce194ae986ea5e16.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-i..etexplorer-optional_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_ff959d7038029bde.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd6... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/365236-windows-update-error-code-2-installing-security-update-netf-4-52-a.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hey all,

So I am currently reinstalling Windows on my dad's old laptop after the hard drive decided up die on us, and I stumbled on a problem that's a bit too hard for me to fix.

Namely, I am completely unable to install any Windows Update. Not even MSE will install.

I tried running SURT, but got error code 0x8000247
I also tried running SFC /SCANNOW, it ran the verification fase until 98% and then stated that there where unfixable problems.

The displayed error codes are:
In WU: "8024A000"
In SURT: "0x8000247"
Whilst installing MSE: "0x80070643".

Attached you will find CBS.log and MSINFO with my system specs.
Cheers and many thanks in advance,
Nommy

CBS.log MSINFO32.nfo

A:Windows Update error code 8024A000; unable to install any update.

That's very reminiscent of similar errors in Win7 - and I wouldn't be surprised to see it being non-genuine.
Please post an MGADiag report BEFORE doing the below potential fixes.

This may simply be caused by a bad set of Intel Storage Matrix Technology drivers -

Installing the Intel Drivers
try downloading and installing them from here -
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...&DwnldID=17882

(IATA89ENU.exe)

If nothing has changed, try this...

Please run the following commands in an Elevated Command Prompt

NET STOP CRYPTSVC
REN C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CATROOT2 CATROOT2OLD
NET START CRYPTSVC

once complete, leave the system alone for at least an hour to rebuild the database, then reboot, and run another MGADiag report and post the results.

If neither of them work, we'll re-evaluate.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/302946-windows-update-error-code-8024a000-unable-install-any-update.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello,

I recieve error C80003FA whenever I do a Windows Update run. It doesn't get past the stage of checking for updates.

I've tried several fixes including:
- Waiting 15 minutes and running Windows Update again.
- Letting Windows Update run on its own schedule.
- SFC /Scannow
- Renaming the Catroot2 Folder.
- Running 3 different Fixit tools.
- Clean windows install.

After each and every one of those fixes I've tried windows update and I still get error C80003FA.

SFC Scannow has previously said no errors, but the last run through it said there were unfixable errors. I've got the log, though for brevity's sake I will keep it until someone asks for it.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

A:Windows Update fails in Update Check. Error code C80003FA.

Clean windows install doesn't fix it? You must be blocked, maybe your firewall???

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/251423-windows-update-fails-update-check-error-code-c80003fa.html
Relevancy 81.7%

My Windows Update has been failing to update for error 800F081F Windows to fails update, code Update a while now and I can't seem to find the solution Here's the run-down of what happens step by step Launch an update scan for Windows Update It scans for a few seconds then says Quote Install new Windows Update software To check for updates you must first install an update for Windows Update Once I click Windows Update fails to update, error code 800F081F Install it begins to quot Install and Update quot but then immediately returns to quot Checking for Updates quot The next box I see says Quote Windows could not search for new updates An error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer Error s found Code F F This happens every time I've attempted to update After looking up the error code I found the main Windows site that gave me the following explaination If you receive Windows Update error F F it means that Windows Update or Microsoft Update cannot determine the cryptographic service provider or a file Windows Update requires named catalog store is corrupted I've looked through multiple Windows forums and How-To's and have tried all the fixes I found SURT sfc scannow the standalone download for WU Windows Update Diagnostic multiple malware scans and Microsoft Fixit Ultimately I always get the same error code F F I should also say this problem has been here for a few months now and it's becoming more worrisome as more time passes The longer I wait to get this fixed the more I fear I will be hurting my computer Any and all help is greatly appreciated and I will do my best to cooperate with any instructions or requests Thank you Mookey

A:Windows Update fails to update, error code 800F081F

Hi Mookeylee & welcome to Sevenforums.

Please follow Windows Update Posting Instructions

We need to see the logs to determine the cause of the error.

Worst case scenario, and last resort, repair install windows 7. No big deal I just did 2 yesterday win7x64 Home Premium. Brink posted a great tutorial Repair Install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/384786-windows-update-fails-update-error-code-800f081f.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello. It all started couple of days ago when I wansn't able to start my Skype, because at the login window Skype uses Internet Explorer I've been trying couple of days to do something. At first I was getting internet explorer 10 update error, but somehow, magically, that update installed, but now!!! now it says that there's Internet explorer 9 update error! Please help, guys, really frustrated that I can't use skype, I really need it for my work. ty.

I've made logs with System Update Readiness Tool as suggested here Windows Update Posting Instructions, but when I try to attach it, it says

Quote:
CBS.zip:
Your file of 10.84 MB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 8.30 MB for this filetype.

What should I do? I've tried to zip CBS and to rar it, but the size is still bigger than allowed. HELP!

A:Windows update error 9C48, Internet Explorer update.

I'm thinking my CSB file is bigger than it has to be because I've been running this System Update Readiness Tool couple of times in last few days, maybe I should delete something out of there?

Update: I uploaded it here http://ge.tt/4ab6s9i/v/0, sorry if it's against the forum rulse, or something, will do as it must be done if this isn't appropriate. thx

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/292074-windows-update-error-9c48-internet-explorer-update.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello,
First, excuse my english, I'm trying my best.

I get error C80003FA whenever I do a Windows Update run.

I did the Windows Update Posting instructions. When I did the SURT installation, it didn't finish and I had to reboot the PC. Then it work.

I've tried sfc /scannow several times before with different results: sometimes finished with no errors, sometimes finish with unfixable errors and sometimes didn't finish at all.

I uploaded the CBS.zip

Hope you can help me, thanks.

A:Windows Update doesn't update. Error code C80003FA

There are no errors in any of the posted logs
Please post the C:\WIndows\windowsupdate.log file.

Please also post the event logs...

Open Event Viewer
click on the Windows logs entry in the left pane to expand it.
Now click on the Application entry - wait while it loads.
Click on 'File' in the menu bar and select Save...

Save the file as Appevt.evtx

Repeat for the System log

then zip both, and upload them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/374917-windows-update-doesnt-update-error-code-c80003fa.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I reinstalled Vista everything was working fine apart from the won't update! start. Services Windows won't fact that there was a virus on my computer which i had to get rid of Now the problem is that whenever i try to open up a file Windows won't update! Services won't start. a blue screen comes up and my computer crashes I looked for a solution from windows and it appeared that because my NVIDIA hasn t been installed correctly or has expired is causing my computer to crash I remember i had this problem a couple of months ago and windows update fixed it For the last couple of days i ve been trying to update my windows however it keeps failing with a particular error code This code recommends me to go onto Services and check my Background Intelligence Transfer service and Windows Event log Windows Event log is fine however my BITS service won t start saying Something along the lines of Background intelligence service has started but stopped at local computer Some services stop Windows won't update! Services won't start. automatically when not in use by programs or other services I also realized that my netlogon service won Windows won't update! Services won't start. t start either When i was attempting to fix the BITS problem with advice online http helpdeskgeek com how-to background-intelligent-transfer-service-will-not-start When i typed in net start bits into command prompt error appeared Access denied and this was supposed to restart my BITS so currently all hope is gone So i checked my netlogon on services and it turns out my netlogon on manual Started but stopped at local computer Some services stop when not in use by other services or programmes Help please

A:Windows won't update! Services won't start.

Please perform the following, so that we can get the exact specs of your computer. This will better assist us in helping you more.Publish a Snapshot using SpeccyThe below is for those who cannot get onlinePlease take caution when attaching a text file to your post if you cannot copy/paste the link to your post, you will need to edit it to make sure that your Windows Key is not present.You are getting Error 5 due to you not using an elevated console. Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > right click on Command Prompt then select Run As Administrator.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/360441/windows-wont-update-services-wont-start/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello all,

I could not find this topic anywhere on these forums, so here's my question: I use Desktop Maestro from PCTools to clean my registry, clean out temp folders, etc. This program also allows you to "tune" Windows services. Now I read somewhere that Windows Update doesn't download all available updates if you do not have all the default services running. Is this true?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/197560-windows-update-services-shut-down.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Just installed WSUS on our server 2003 server. But I can't access the WSUS console. Everytime I click on the icon it opens up a browser attempting to find http://servername/wsusadmin and page not found error.

Any ideas what could be the problem. Its probably something simple I've overlooked. Been looking at he microsoft website but the entire thing just seems to be links to more links and finally a page with very little information.

thanks

Relevancy 81.27%

Hi!

I own an Acer Aspire One D255. It is a netbook. It is not a very reliable machine based on its performance, so after doing some oogling and googling, I found several websites that recommended I disable certain services to improve the PC speed. After having done so, the operating system reported that it is not a genuine copy of windows 7 starter. That is impossible since i factory reset this machine about three times already. I was wondering if anyone can help me figure out exactly what services need to be toggled. I would seriously appreciate any help. Thank you.

A:Edited services.msc now windows 7 won't update

The obvious:  either undo all changes made to services...or factory reset again...would be the obvious alternatives.

Services - Restore Default Services in Windows 7 - Windows 7 Forums - http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/236709-services-restore-default-services-windows-7-a.html

Any issue with Windows being genuine...needs to be addressed via Microsoft, if such continue.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/600499/edited-servicesmsc-now-windows-7-wont-update/
Relevancy 81.27%

Sorry to everyone.This report is an mistake. The PC which is fixed by Combofix is very well.The new problem PC is another.After all of steps in Thunder's post, WindowsUpdate is fixed.But My Neighborhood still can't work.I try to set another PC's IP as 192.168.0.1, and myself PC's IP as 192.168.0.2.Then ping 192.168.0.1, there is no request sent back.But when I ping my PC from another PC(ping 192.168.0.2), it's work.I can see my share folder from another PC, but can't see another PC on my PC.I try to reinstall network card driver, but no help.My PC can use PPPoE to connect Internet now.My system is WinXP-SP3How can I FIX this ?Thanx for help....

A:After "Windows Update error 80244019; DNS address 85.255.112.107, How to fix my Windows Update Error"

This report is an mistake.Thank you for letting us know. Since this issue seems to be resolved, this thread will now be closed.In case you experience any problems with the computer, please Start a new topic.Happy computing,Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/195023/after-windows-update-error-80244019;-dns-address-85255112107-how-to-fix-my-windows-update-error/
Relevancy 80.84%

I didn't see any posts about this, so I hope I am not double posting.

After removing a drive load of viruses, I am still not able to update Windows Vista to Service Pack 1. I have even tried to create a new admin user account in hopes that this would work, but no go. I tried running sfc.exe / scannow from the CMD and it did report that it was unable to repair wextract.exe. Also, the file reportingevents.txt located in %system root%\windows\softwaredistribution\reportingevents.txt lists "Windows Update Client failed to detect with error 0x80070490".
Although, I think Windows Defender can update. I need to take a break.

Acer Extensa 4620-4605
Windows Vista 32-bit Home Premium

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/219545/windows-update-will-not-update-error-code-80070490/
Relevancy 80.84%

After buying a new hard drive and reimaging thumb drive from Dell, I installed Windows 7 Ultimate on a Dell M6400 Precision Laptop. I have everything working except Windows Update will not Update. It has not updated once since the install. Windows Tech
support has not been able to resolve the issue, even with remote assistance. I get the Error Code 0x80070003 after running the Windows Update Diagnostic Tool. Does anyone know how to fix this?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dfaac767-7d89-4254-8ce7-368b149f2945/error-code-0x80070003-windows-update-will-not-update?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi I Issue 80073712 Error Windows update - Update not will am having some issues with my windows update It will not update Windows Update Issue - Error 80073712 will not update at all I am also unable to update my internet explorer Any help is appreciated Please see attached logs and below code Thanks Regards Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Update Issue - Error 80073712 will not update Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - - - -FYVQB Windows Product Key Hash BiGPTnEmebjLKyvsFO OMYyy gc Windows Product ID - - - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type Volume MAK Windows OS version ID AD B- B- D B-A D -D E DF B Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Update Issue - Error 80073712 will not update Windows Enterprise Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version OGAExec exe Signed By Microsoft OGAAddin dll Signed By Microsoft OGA Data-- gt Office Status Genuine Microsoft Office Enterprise - Genuine OGA Version Registered Signed By Microsoft Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - E AD EA- -d E AD EA- - E AD EA- - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt AD B- B- D B-A D -D E DF B lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -BBBBB lt PKey gt lt PID gt - - - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt System manufacturer lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt P E Premium lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt American Megatrends Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt DBA E F lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt GMT Standard Time GMT lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt File Name quot OGAAddin dll quot Version quot quot gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Product GUID quot - - - - FF CE quot gt lt LegitResult gt lt LegitResult gt lt Name gt Microsoft Office Enterprise lt Name gt lt Ver gt lt Ver gt lt Val gt EF E BB D lt Val gt lt Hash gt I aR JZ HnlLhxyLFCA XOuw lt Hash gt lt Pid gt - - - lt Pid gt lt PidType gt lt PidType gt lt Product gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot A quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot B quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot A quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot BA quot Ver... Read more

A:Windows Update Issue - Error 80073712 will not update

Hello habeeb786 and welcome to the forums

Could you follow the instructions here please:

Tom

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/266593-windows-update-issue-error-80073712-will-not-update.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Alright, this has been going on for awhile, and now I'm fed up. Every time I want to update windows, it comes up with this error code - 80090305 Every time I try to update windows defender, it comes up with this error code - 0x80090305 I can't update either! I've looked for solutions online -everywhere- nothing works. I checked what the Microsoft website said, but that didn't help either! I really think I should get these updates, and I'm tired of it popping up and telling me that it can't update. The computer is an Acer (I don't know the exact model, I trying to fix my friends computer and I'll be back there tomorrow.) Anyway, help would be amazing. Thank you! p.s I realize this is my first post, but you know I signed up because I really need help! I've tried everything!

A:Update error 80090305 - cannot update windows or defender!

Fix SEC_E_SECPKG_NOT_FOUND Error Under 2 Min - Fix PC Error ?
This is what they say is the fix

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/281753-update-error-80090305-cannot-update-windows-defender.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hello. Been having this update issue and already run SURT, Fixit, and SVC to no avail. Even spent some time on a live chat with a microsoft tech to help me out but his tools couldn't help much. So, I've come here to hope for a miracle.

Here are my log files. The attachment manager isn't working at time of posting so I will attempt to upload the full CBS .zip later.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/383938-windows-update-error-800b0100-update-kb3046017.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Windows Update was working fine until earlier this month, when it suddenly started displaying the mentioned error code.

Have tried running the FixIt tool from Microsoft to reset Windows Update components, but it cannot repair the Windows Update error.

Tried running SURT, but it gave a message about not being able to install hotfix.

SFC /SCANNOW cannot run.

Attached screenshots and log folder.

A:Windows Update error 8008005 on search and update

Have you tried a start up repair from the install disk?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/343310-windows-update-error-8008005-search-update.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I have an Acer Aspire Ethos laptop running Windows Ultimate x SP is installed according to system properties came installed Windows update was working fine until maybe June or May of this year I have tried a number of hotfixes several microsoft fixit automatic normal and aggressive runs the sfc scannow in admin CMD mode and also uninstalled the Error Fail 80073712 Self-update Update Windows last ten or so updates I have also deleted the contents of the Downloaded Installation Files within C Windows but that also did not fix the error Have also tried disabling my antivirus but that did not change anything windows update will not self-update at all Nothing seems to work Please help Below see a typical update attempt from the log repeats almost every other day more or less the same Quote - - c AU START AU Search for updates - - c AU - Windows Update Self-update Fail Error 80073712 - c AU lt lt SUBMITTED AU Search for updates CallId DC A D A- Windows Update Self-update Fail Error 80073712 B - F -ABF -BED E B - - d Agent - - d Agent START Agent Finding updates CallerId AutomaticUpdates - - d Agent - - d Agent Online Yes Ignore download priority No - - d Agent Criteria quot IsInstalled and DeploymentAction 'Installation' or IsPresent and DeploymentAction 'Uninstallation' or IsInstalled and DeploymentAction 'Installation' and RebootRequired or IsInstalled and DeploymentAction 'Uninstallation' and RebootRequired quot - - d Agent ServiceID F -A - - - A D EFE D Third party service - - d Agent Search Scope Machine - - d Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C muv wuredir cab - - d Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - d Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x - - d Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x - - d Misc WARNING DownloadFileInternal failed for http download windowsupdate com v v wuredir cab error x - - d Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C muv wuredir cab - - d Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - d Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x - - d Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x - - d Misc WARNING DownloadFileInternal failed for http download microsoft com v win v wuredir cab error x - - d Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C muv wuredir cab - - d Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - d Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C muv wuredir cab - - d Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - d Agent Checking for updated auth cab for service f -a - - - a d efe d at http download windowsupdate com v dir muauth cab - - d Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution AuthCabs authcab cab - - d Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - d Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution AuthCabs authcab cab - - d Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - d Setup Checking for agent SelfUpdate - - d Setup Skipping selfupdate check An update was already attempted and failed - - d Agent WARNING Skipping scan self-update check returned x D - - d Agent WARNING Exit code x D - - d Agent - - d Agent END Agent Finding updates CallerId AutomaticUpdates - - d Agent - - d Agent WARNING WU client failed Searching for update with error x d - - d Report CWERReporter finishing event handling - - f AU gt gt RESUMED AU Search for updates CallId DC A D A- B - F -ABF -BED E B - - f AU WARNING Search callback failed result x D - - f AU WARNING Failed to find updates with error code D - - f AU - - f AU END AU Search for updates CallId DC A D A- B - F -ABF -BED E B - - f AU - - f AU Need to show Unable to Detect notification - - f AU Successfully wrote event for AU health state - - f AU AU setting next detection timeout to - - - - f AU Setting AU scheduled install time to - - - - f AU Successfully wrote event for AU health state - - f AU Successfully wrote event for AU heal... Read more

A:Windows Update Self-update Fail Error 80073712

agreed. I am facing a similar problem as you. Help

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/252798-windows-update-self-update-fail-error-80073712-a.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Been using Google and such for a couple months messing with it but cant get update to work. My girlfriend updated from Vista a while ago and I cant crack this! I have done all the differect things I could find from Microsoft to no avail. The fixit program finds something and says its fixed but still doesnt work.

Any ideas you all could give would be great! Thanks.

A:Update for Windows Update Error Code 800700B7

Hello bobo and welcome am no expert mate but take a look at this Windows update KB2532531 gets error code 800700B7 - Microsoft Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/278382-update-windows-update-error-code-800700b7.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Greetings,

I am unable to install "Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2761217)" and get "Error Code 8007065E" after the update finishes downloading and attempts to install. See attached for the logs and a screenshot of the error.
Thanks!
Yoha

A:Windows Update Error 8007065E on Update KB2761217

You have some errors in the CheckSUR log which are likely causing your problem - for ease of access, I'll put them here....

Code:
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-g..validatefntcache-06_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22118_none_a7612cac4a5ea0e2.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-g..validatefntcache-06_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.17130_none_a4d38ecd3432052f.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-font-truetype-calibri_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.17130_none_46cc128a0951a80d.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-g..validatefntcache-06_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.21329_none_a57100044d3f6a3e.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-font-truetype-calibri_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22118_none_4959b0691f7e43c0.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-font-truetype-calibri_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17959_none_48a5fc16067ff9cf.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-g..validatefntcache-06_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17959_none_a6ad7859316056f1.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-font-truetype-calibri_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.21329_none_476983c1225f0d1c.manifest
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_4_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_4_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_6_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_6_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_9_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_9_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_4_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_4_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_6_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_6_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_9_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_9_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat

Your SFC scan is apparently clear..

I'll post a fix protocol later for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/275300-windows-update-error-8007065e-update-kb2761217.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Recently I got update to my Windows 8.1 after which suddenly the audio services stopped working. I googled for solutions and found one as follows:

1. Search for "services.msc" in start menu and open it.
2. Go to "Windows Audio" service and open its properties by right clicking on it.
3. Go to the "Log On" tab.
4. Select "This Account" option and in that field type "NT AUTHORITY\LocalService".
5. Restart the "Windows Audio" service.

After performing these steps the speakers started to work but at very low volume.

My system is hp-envy m6-1216tx which comes with beats audio speakers. I can't understand what the problem is. Maybe it has something to do with Beats Audio or with AVG antivirus (because I saw AVG being mentioned in many similar posts).

Please Help!

A:Audio Services Not Running after Win8.1 update

Try to reinstall your sound drivers.

The newest I could find: Download IDT High Definition Audio Driver 6.10.6496.0 for Windows 8.1 64 bit

Full size, but older version: IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver | HP? Support

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/63435-audio-services-not-running-after-win8-1-update.html
Relevancy 80.41%

the main thing is each and every install nbsp windows update just searches forever and nothing happens after diagnostic tool it says Datastore edb is corrupted and cant be repaired and each time it download the corrupted Datastore edb can they at leats give a proper service pack for windows nbsp bit ultimate that is then uptodate with working windows update that works after a direct standalone install of sp i use windows update pack windows windows it bit update installed and but in has after Windows out 7 new corrpedted Datastore.edb! ultimate retail and allways downloaded 1 it 64 service bugs ultimate bit and i reinstalled the system allready nbsp times each and every time the same problame that Datastore edb is corrupted and windows update just gets stuck i how you can either releasse a service pack so that windows update works again after a direct install of service pack or a windows update that doesnt use data store cause its yepp Not working i use a amd core with a amd hd readon and gb ram both asus motherboard and grafic as it is now windows update is with windows service pack not useable sincierly Christian Madjari

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/72b8be3b-5ea6-44bc-b1bd-200fa8fb7ec6/windows-update-in-windows-7-64-bit-ultimate-retail-bugs-out-after-service-pack-1-and-it-downloaded?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 80.41%

otherwise I just got run/scan.it's services won't update Windows computer but says... in on my laptop from service they replaced a new hard drive and installed windows Windows update won't run/scan.it's on in services but computer says... It is a Sony Vaio i own it now but it's a slightly used rent-to-own type of deal so no windows dvd or system restore or anything They supposedly restored my computer to factory setting but I can't update my computer The bar to the left is red and i see a red shield with a white x and it says most recent checks for updates never updates were installed never i go to installed programs and nothing has been installed since early It's like whenever i try to click check for updates button it's like something is blocking it from connecting and scanning is the best way I can explain it I desperately need help to update all my software and security patches etc I found something online where it says to type services msc and Windows update won't run/scan.it's on in services but computer says... stop it and go to c windows softwaredistribution and delete the files and then start the service so then windows updates still won't scan windows says service is not running but it is

A:Windows update won't run/scan.it's on in services but computer says...

Download the free version of Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware, anti-virus and spyware removal download update it, run it.
If any threats found, make sure all are selected (check mark beside their names) and select 'remove selected'. A log in notepad will open. Copy and paste that here.
Also see this- How do I reset Windows Update components?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/226976-windows-update-wont-run-scan-its-services-but-computer-says.html
Relevancy 80.41%

First time post but I am hoping that I can get update problems...HELP! causing services Windows this fixed I have been experiencing a ton of issues with my laptop I am running Windows Vista Windows update causing services problems...HELP! Ultimate on a Fujitsu S with and Intel Core T Processor Gb Ram I was told to download some hotfix for Vista and install it and since then I get zero internet Kaspersky fails to load a bunch of components and it Windows update causing services problems...HELP! generally runs like crap When I mouse over the wireless connection icon it tells me that quot Connection Unknown The dependency service or group failed to start quot It freezes and soes all kinds of weird things I have looked at teh services to try to start ones that are turned off like the DCOM service but they just hang at quot Starting quot and never work It seems to work a little better when Kaspersky is closed but still no network services Here is my Hijack This log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Windows update causing services problems...HELP! Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Fingerprint Sensor ATSwpNav exe C Program Files Fujitsu chitose updatenv exe C Program Files Fujitsu Fujitsu Hotkey Utility IndicatorUty exe C Program Files Fujitsu BtnHnd BtnHnd exe C Program Files Fujitsu FUJ E FUJ E exe C Program Files Fujitsu Application Panel QuickTouch exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files itunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Nitro PDF Professional NitroPDFPrinterMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Research In Motion BlackBerry Redirector exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtMng exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosA dp exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtHid exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtHsp exe C PROGRA MICROS Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www computers us fujitsu com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www computers us fujitsu com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www computers us fujitsu com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows De... Read more

A:Windows update causing services problems...HELP!

It turns out it wasn't the Windows Update. I managed to navigate my way through the ridiculously slow windows and uninstall the most recent update. I am however still having problems with my Windows services and Kaspersky. If anyone has some ideas on how to repair the multitude of service errors such as authentication service is unknown and dependency service or group has failed to start PLEASE HELP!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-causing-services-problems-help.732926/
Relevancy 80.41%

The Automatic Update service is not shown as a service in the windows services list, and when I try to configure it its not grayed out, and the BITS service is running, and Im running XP.

I need some help on solving this problem.

A:Windows update not shown in services list

try this

start > Run > regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-not-shown-in-services-list.718325/
Relevancy 80.41%

I have done everything I could do to get these services to running out of options. any Ideas?

A:Cannot update windows 7 pro because services wont turn on? Please Help

In Services Windows Update does not show 'started'? Left click to Highlight it, right click to open it.
Does it say stop or start? If wupdate showed started this would show stop and vice versa.
I'd do a system restore to some earlier date when it may have been working.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/388226-cannot-update-windows-7-pro-because-services-wont-turn-please-help.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hey I've been using the beta for a while and have been working under the assumption that winupdate was running in the background doing its thing however now upon launching windows update I get the red cross shield and 'check for updates' button which upon clicking gives an error message quot 'windows update cannot missing windows services.msc service update in currently check for updates because the service is not running You may need to restart your computer'Restarting does nothing upon checking services msc there IS NO WINDOWS UPDATE SERVICE I have the wuaueng dll and wusa exe but am unable to use wusa to install microsoft updates windows update service missing in services.msc manually such as the windows media player fix for corrupted mp s when I try to launch a msu file I get this 'Installer encountered an error x The specified service does not exist as an installed service'So how can windows update service missing in services.msc I install the windows update service I have tried sfc scannow in cmd and it told me windows update service missing in services.msc that it did not find any integrity violationsI'm on beta ultimate x

A:windows update service missing in services.msc

Do you have the following registry key info below? It is very likely that your computer/network is infected with a variant of the Conficker virus. One of it's first attack actions is to cripple the Windows Update service to prevent itself being removed by thngs like Windows Defender or the Maliscious Software Removal Tool. Even though Win7 does not have any vulnerabilities conficker can attack, it also attacks accounts with weak or blank passwords.Review: http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/SearchResults.aspx?query=confickerDownload and run MSRT - http://www.microsoft.com/security/malwareremove/families.mspx==========
Key Name:          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\wuauserv
  Name:            PreshutdownTimeout  Type:            REG_DWORD  Data:            0x36ee800
  Name:            DisplayName  Type:            REG_SZ  Data:            @%systemroot%\system32\wuaueng.dll,-105
  Name:            ImagePath  Type:            REG_EXPAND_SZ  Data:            %systemroot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
  Name:            Description  Type:            REG_SZ  Data:            @%systemroot%\system32\wuaueng.dll,-106
  Name:            ObjectName  Type:            REG_SZ  Data:            LocalSystem
  Name:            ErrorControl  Type:            REG_DWORD  Data:            0x1
  Name:            Start  Type:            REG_DWORD  Data:            0x2
  Name:            DelayedAutoStart  Type:            REG_DWORD  Data:            0x1
  Name:            Type  Type:            REG_DWORD  Data:            0x20
  Name:            DependOnService  Type:            REG_MULTI_SZ  Data:            rpcss
  Name:            ServiceSidType  Type:            REG_DWORD  Data:            0x1
 =====Once you have that all done, let me know if you need asistance getting your Windows Update service registry entries back together. Honestly, our recommendation after infection is to reinstall the OS to guarantee that a Conficker variant did not leave behind a rootkit, worm, or backdoor account that AV tools don't catch.Ned Pyle [MSFT] - MS Enterprise Platforms Support - Beta Team

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5a8bf018-c522-4a8e-a857-ac73f5e706ee/windows-update-service-missing-in-servicesmsc?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 80.41%

i3 toshiba laptop, windows 7 home premium 64bit

Hi all

after finding and removing malicious files with malwarebytes in a regular user account, I noticed windows update was not working (not installed please reboot error) so I checked services.msc to see if windows update needed restarting. but it was not there.

IN both the admin account and another regular user account on the same machine windows update works fine and is present in services.msc

any ideas on how to restore windows update and get it working in the affected user account?

cheers

Don

A:windows update not in services.msc regular user

Hi crook,
Windows Update service is not related to different users, but is rather a system-wide process.
If Windows Update shows properly in an Admin account, then it's working.
Limited accounts do not display that service, for security reasons.

askey127

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-not-in-services-msc-regular-user.1085016/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hey guys so I've been desperately trying to solve this problem for a while and no luck yet Windows Update is just refusing to work on my XP but I guess the problem is quite complicated since I couldn't find a solution yet - There are technically updates that won't install with Windows Update Agent but it won't even show others They download alright but they just won't install - Alternatively I tried using the update site of microsoft missing services working not Windows - from Update seems Windows Update not working - missing from services like I can install other updates that way not these ones though - The problem doesn't seem to be in any connection with these updates because the wuauserv is also missing from the services msc list I have it in the registry though - I tried re-registrating and re-installing practically everything connected to windows update but I just can't get it working - Scanned the computer with avast both normally and in boot-time found nothing I have actually no idea what should I do next or where to look for the source of this problem I would really appreciate any help Thanks

A:Windows Update not working - missing from services

Hi and welcome to TSF did you try this How do I reset Windows Update components?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-update-not-working-missing-from-services-668336.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I have a dell demensions with xp pro My grandson had it for months and it came back a mess Can't drag or drop desktop icons windows update can't to services, access lost restore, restore doesn't work minimized pages don't show up on the taskbar but they are findable with alt tab and I can't access properties in the service console Which is why window updates won't work because I can't turn lost restore, access to services, can't update windows on some of the services Only the basic ones are working Now it seem I can't even access services I also lost the taskbar internet access and install uninstall capabilities but I got those working I have another functioning can I use lost restore, access to services, can't update windows it to get the bad one working by slaving it to the good one I downloaded sp stand alone but I don't know how to install it I thought it might have some of the files I need to do the repair It was a used computer so I don't have the original xp installation cd Might it be easier to just buy windows xp and reinstall Will I lose all my personal stuff if I do thanks shaunp

A:lost restore, access to services, can't update windows

Slaving one computer to another will not help you repair Windows. but you can transer your personal files. If you can still boot the computer get yourself a USB Flash Drive copy your personal Stuff (My Documents, Favorites and Desktop under your user name) to the Flash drive. As for the computer you will need the Dell Restore CD that came with the computer. Or you can purchase an XP CD and install it. You then will need to go to the Dell Support site to download any drivers you need. If you can find any OEM Dell Dimension 2400 Restore disc, that would work too.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-restore-access-to-services-cant-update-windows-541908.html
Relevancy 79.12%

OK I need help I get this message when I try WU. It was working fine the bam all of a sudden error.
windows update error 80070424 in Windows Update

I Googled it but can't seem to find a fix.

A:Windows update error 80070424 in Windows Update

Try this.

Click Start- select run- type: regsvr32 wuaueng.dll press OK
What are the updates you're trying to install?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/1347-windows-update-error-80070424-windows-update.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Windows continually fails to update this module:
Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2952664) -I have retried over and over, it continues to fail.
Error in windows update is:
Error: "WindowsUpdate_00003701" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"
So far there has been no solution provided.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b49b8eaa-3101-4ce8-815a-1f1ebf05bce5/windows-update-fails-installing-update-for-windows-7-for-x64based-systems-kb2952664-with-error?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 78.69%

Help Any help would be appreciated AVG Threat warning is showing with File Name c Windows System services exe Threat Name Win patched A Process name svchost exe Process ID My computer is trying to download flash automatically and windows host process keep crashing and trying to find solutions Logfile windows update automatically flash - and to - Detected services.exe Trying Threat of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Users Jamie AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Program Files x Threat Detected - services.exe - Trying to update flash and windows automatically AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files x Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C Program Files x AVG Secure Search vprot exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Users Jamie AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Jamie AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Jamie AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Jamie AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Jamie AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Jamie AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Jamie AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe C Windows SysWOW DllHost exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g uk msn com USCON R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - Hosts localhost O - BHO ContributeBHO Class - C DC - - A A- D-C C - C Program Files x Adobe Adobe Contribute CS Plugins IEPlugin contributeieplugin dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Oracle JavaFX Runtime bin ssv dll O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar - B C- C F- BF -B - A - C Program Files x AVG Secure Search AVG Secure Search toolbar dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Oracle JavaFX Runtime bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Contribute Toolbar - BDDE -E A - -B E- B B FC - C Program Files x Adobe Adobe Contribute CS Plugins IEPlugin contributeieplugin dll O - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - B C- C F- BF -B - A - C Program Files x AVG Secure Search AVG Secure Search toolbar dll O - HKLM Run Microsoft Default Manager quot C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Default Manager DefMgr exe quot -resume O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY quot C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe quot O - HKLM Run SwitchBoard quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe SwitchBoard SwitchBoard exe quot O - HKLM Run dellsupportcenter quot C Program Files x Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe quot P dellsupportcenter O - HKLM Run AdobeCS ServiceManager quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe CS ServiceManager CS ServiceManager exe quot -launchedbylogin O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files x Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run APSDaemon quot C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe quot O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKL... Read more

A:Threat Detected - services.exe - Trying to update flash and windows automatically

Hi,

If help still needed post fresh DDS logs (attach.txt contents included).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/threat-detected-services-exe-trying-to-update-flash-and-windows-automatically.1067214/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello can someone here please kindly help me with my problems re Windows Update --- I have tried to run Windows Update on my computer and received the following error message Attachment I have tried the Windows Update Troubleshooter for Windows from quot Windows Update Error running" not Windows "Service is Win7 Update - Cannot Check For Win7 - Windows Update Error "Service is not running" Updates quot error message when you try to install updates and got this as a result Attachment showing that quot Problems installing recent updates quot is quot Not fixed quot and quot Check for missing or corrupt files quot is quot Detected quot while all the other problems are quot Fixed quot I have downloaded and tried to run the System Update Rediness Tool for quot All supported x -based versions of Windows quot and got the error message quot Installer encountered an error xc quot Attachment I have followed your posting instructions and performed and completed SFC scan Attachment and below is the CBS file from my computer Attachment It seems that my computer is missing Windows Service Pack but when I go to Service Pack Center - Microsoft Windows it reccommends automatic installation of SP with Windows Update - which I can't seem to get running on my computer It seems that you can also download from Microsoft site and manually install onto your computer but I am not sure if I should proceed to do that Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated

A:Win7 - Windows Update Error "Service is not running"

Farbar Service Scanner

Click here Farbar Service Scanner to DOWNLOAD

Place file into your desktop

Place a check mark next to the following options
Internet Services
Windows Firewall
System Restore
Security Center
Windows Update
Windows Defender
Press the Scan button

Farbar Service Scanner will create a log, called FSS.txt, on the Desktop. Upload the FSS.txt with your reply

Upload a File
Click on the Go Advanced button under the Message box . Scroll down to Additional Options then click on Manage Attachments in the Attach Files sections . Click the Browse button locate the file then click on the Open button . In the Upload File from your Computer section click on the Upload button . Wait until it finishes uploading then close the window . Then click Submit Reply .

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/296477-win7-windows-update-error-service-not-running.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello all...

Befuddling problem as I am pretty tech savvy but for whatever reason I can not get windows update to quite "checking" for update:

So far....

1) Downloaded SURT, ran fulling with no reported errors

2) Ran SFC with no reported errors

3) Get no windows update error codes...it just runs and runs and runs with no results

4) CBS.zip attached.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/381723-windows-update-keeps-running-running-hours-clean-install-ssd.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Long story short Ive been attempting to install Games for Windows Live however everything I have encountered so far has led me here to ask for the help of others You see I am running windows home premium bit and when I attempt to update windows its states that quot Windows update service is not running please restart quot I have restarted and the Error" Not Windows Running update "Service 7 problem has persisted and I am nearly at witts end I have checked service to see if the problem lies there Windows 7 update "Service Not Running Error" but it doesn't even show up Trust me I have tried everything I could find and even followed the instructions posted here in the guidelines Windows Update Posting Instructions As I proceeded to run the readiness tool the program stopped and gave me this error from the Windows Update Standalone Installer quot Installer encounteered and error x The specified service does not exist as an installed service quot Which was to be expected seeing as it is not running under the services and several other things I tried gave me this error

A:Windows 7 update "Service Not Running Error"

try the following link; hopefully it will help ya out. If it doesnt then post here again and i will see what else i can do.
Error 0x80070424 ocurs when you use Windows Update, Microsoft Update, or Windows Firewall

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/319215-windows-7-update-service-not-running-error.html
Relevancy 77.83%

My problem is identical to kpk13's posted 1 week ago, but the solution that worked for him doesn't work for me. I'm trying to run Windows update on a Windows 7 laptop I haven't used in a while, and get the message "Windows update cannot currently check for updates, because the service is not running." However, both "Background Intelligent Transfer Service" and "Windows Update" services are running, as detailed in "Windows Update Cannot Check For Updates" error message when you try to install updates". The app in .../971058 claims to have fixed the problem but I still have it. Any suggestions?

A:Windows Update "Service Not Running" Error

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data

If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/355206-windows-update-service-not-running-error.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I went to try to run some updates since I have not done so in a little while, and I kept getting an error saying "Service not running". I tried the microsoft fit program, but that did not work. Upon further investigation I found that most of the update files (the .dll) were no longer on my machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Windows 7 Update "Service Not Running" Error

Got the same error this morning on my netbook.
Do these: Cannot Run Windows Update on a Windows 7 PC? - Help Desk Geek

And tell if it helped.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/289541-windows-7-update-service-not-running-error.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi, I have seen searching for a long time to resolve my issue regarding windows update. Recently i formatted my hard drive. Upon installation of some software my windows update stopped working. Getting an error message "Service Not Running". I tried to fix using microsoft's "WindowsUpdateDiagnostic" software. It detected some errors and said resolved after fixing(except missing files).
I am unable to upload the log report as per posting instructions. Says "access denied" when i try to copy CBS folder.

Help will be appreciated.

A:Windows 7 Update "Service Not Running" Error

OK, this isn't a fix, but it's the next steps I would take because I see no one's replied to your post or mine yet. Maybe one noob can help another.

Click Start, right-click Computer, click Manage, Services and Applications, then click Services.
Scroll down to find Windows Update and double-click it.

I presume the "Service Status" is "stopped"? What's the Startup Type set at? I think it should be Automatic (Delayed Start).
If you click the Start button for the service, what happens?
That might (hopefully!) shed a little more light on your problem.
Greg

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/300140-windows-7-update-service-not-running-error.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I am running windows home premium When I click quot Check for updates quot on Windows Update I get this error quot Windows Update cannot currently check for updates because the service is not running You may need to restart your computer quot However the services are running well started not sure if Not Running" Update Error Windows "Service that's different see attached I've tried restarting my computer several times and running the fix here quot Windows Update Cannot Check For Updates quot error message when you try to install updates I've tried manually Windows Update "Service Not Running" Error starting the service but get this error Code Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt net start bits Windows Update "Service Not Running" Error The requested service has Windows Update "Service Not Running" Error already been started More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG C Windows system gt net start wuauserv The requested service has already been started More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG C Windows system gt It looks like there was a solution here Windows update quot Service Not Running Error quot but it's been removed by the poster Any suggestions PLEASE

A:Windows Update "Service Not Running" Error

Found my answer here:Win7 - Windows Update Error "Service is not running"

Quote: Originally Posted by VistaKing

Open up an Elevated Command Prompt. Click on in type CMD . Right click on CMD under Programs (1) choose . On the User Access Control window click on the Yes button . Command Prompt opens up to C:\Windows\System32>_

Input the commands one at a time and press [ENTER] after each command

Net stop wuauserv press [ENTER]
cd %systemroot% press [ENTER]
Ren SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old press [ENTER]
Net start wuauserv press [ENTER]

Try to run Windows Update again

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/353973-windows-update-service-not-running-error.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I am running windows 7 home premium. Windows update says the service is not running, please restart. I have restarted and the problem has persisted for over a few weeks. I have checked sevices to see if it is stopped. The windows update service doesent even show up.... Is there a way the files could have been deleted? if so how do i recover them? any help would be greatly apreciated!

A:Windows 7 update "Service Not Running Error"

Click on the start orb and enter services.msc

Attachesd is a snapshot of what the service should look like when it's running:

And here's a link to an MS KB Article that has a Fix-It:

Error: Windows Update Cannot Check For Updates, Because The Service Is Not Running

Hope that helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/262768-windows-7-update-service-not-running-error.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi everybody I just wanted to let everybody know about a serious issue I encountered with several Dell Inspiron quot laptops running Windows I suspect this problem also applies to all Dell Inspiron quot series laptops that are running Windows After running Windows Update early last week around April several of our Inspiron laptops running Windows KB3133977 Update prevented Windows because 15" from 7 booting of 7559 Inspiron would no longer boot They wouldn t even boot into Safe Mode and traditional recovery methods like System Restore and Startup Repair also failed completely The only solution seemed to be to reinstall Windows Before I reinstalled Windows I was able to extract the logs off of two machines using some recovery software Pouring through the logs I narrowed the problem down to about ten potential updates that could have caused this issue After reinstalling Windows on one of the machines I went through and installed each update one at a time and rebooted several times to see if the machine would continue working The system finally failed when I encountered this update Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB So please unless you want your system to be rendered nonfunctional please HIDE update KB and if you are in a corporate environment have your Inspiron 15" 7559 running Windows 7 prevented from booting because of Windows Update KB3133977 IT people disable it completely from your Inspiron quot series laptops until Dell and or Microsoft can resolve this issue This issue involves BitLocker and Inspiron 15" 7559 running Windows 7 prevented from booting because of Windows Update KB3133977 FIPS--if you don t have FIPS enabled or don t know what it is what it s for this update probably doesn t even apply to you KB is for Windows and Windows Server R so these are probably the only two operating systems affected although I don t know why you d run a server OS on a laptop This issue has taken up nearly a week of my time and I m so glad to finally have figured out the problem I hope this write-up helps somebody else who may be encountering this issue --sdo

A:Inspiron 15" 7559 running Windows 7 prevented from booting because of Windows Update KB3133977

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3133977

Is directly related to Drive Encryption so in a corporate environment I would NOT want to block this.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19697429
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello all.
Running windows 10 pro 64 bit.
I've updated from Version 1511 to the anniversary update, 1607.
Or at least, I thought I did.
The update went well, no hiccups, no errors. Used windows update, let it downloaded and install and rebooted. Alas, system still shows OS Version 1511.
Used update again, same thing, rebooted, 1511.
Went to the windows site, downloaded the windows10upgrade9252.exe, ran it, same exact issue, rebooted, still showing version 1511.
Error logs show no issues. Disabled all external drives, turned off anti-virus, etc, repeated, rinsed, rebooted, still version 1511.
Only think I've not done is burned an ISO to DVD and updated from that.
Any clues as to what's going on?
Thanks!
Nelson Davis

A:windows 10 update from version 1511 to 1607 anniversary update - does not update

Can you check to see what OS version you have? Check in settings > system > OS build. It should show something like 14393.5 or 14393.10

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/434091-windows-10-update-version-1511-1607-anniversary-update-does-not-update.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I'm trying to update my computer (it's been awhile) and for whatever reason I can't get Windows Update to function.

I'm getting the following error: Windows Update cannot currently check for updates, because the service is not running. You may need to restart your computer.

I've restarted my computer multiple times and nada.

I'm attaching the CBS file: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...hint=folder%2c

A:Windows 7 Home Premium Windows Update Service Not Running

I'm a little confused here - the errors I see in the CBS.log file indicate that the problem is that the machine is attempting to install SP1, yet indications are that SP is already installed .

Can you confirm the status one way or the other?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/374886-windows-7-home-premium-windows-update-service-not-running.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I just restored my Toshiba Satellite L505-S5984 due the replacement of my crashed hard drive. However, windows updates is not working. It tells me the "windows update service is not running". The CNET forum referred me to Toshiba for a "known problem" but Toshiba says they are not aware of any restore issues or windows update issues.

I have restored the computer again to ensure it was not just a glitch with the restore but I get the same results.

I have also tried Microsoft's Fixit tool but it tells me it has repaired the components but windows updates will still not run.

Everything else on the computer appears to be functioning properly.

Anyone have any suggestions?

A:Windows Update Service not running on Windows 7 Home Premium

Hi and welcome,

Have you try checking the services program?

Click on start and type in services on the search bar, open the program,

Scroll down until you see windows update, right-click and select start.

If the service is set to disabled or manual, right-click and properties, find the option start-up type and select automatic, apply it and press ok.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-update-service-not-running-on-windows-7-home-premium-635559.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I just reformatted my PC and unable to run Windows Update.
I have attached the CBS file and a screenshot of the error message.
Have tried restarting a zillion times, update drivers, and a fix registry tool but still unsuccessful.
Can someone please help? Thanks in advance.

A:Windows Update service not running (Windows 7 Home Premium x64)

Your install has a very high number of POQ's in the SFC report - which usually indicates that a lot of Language Packs have been installed.

There are no serious errors in the scan.

Please download the Farbar Service Scanner from

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-service-scanner/

Right-click on the saved file and select 'Run as Administrator', and tick all the options, then click on the Scan button - copy and paste the report to your response.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/369963-windows-update-service-not-running-windows-7-home-premium-x64.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello all I am new here and am hoping that someone can help Since last Friday Jan IE has not been running properly I am running a Windows x system I noticed this problem after a 7-IE running not 11 Update Windows normal mode properly Windows and in program I run to access my home server would not load certain plugins At first I thought that was where the problem lie but after attempting to access sites on IE amazon for example it loads the page but doesn't allow me to log in It displays the normal message but then stalls Next I went to windows update and noticed that no updates completed since Windows 7-IE 11 and Windows Update not running properly in normal mode that date I then attempted to run it and each time I did it hung while searching for updates I restarted the computer in safe mode and noticed that IE functions properly there Since that date I have run numerous scanners in safe mode Windows 7-IE 11 and Windows Update not running properly in normal mode and disabled installed protection in order to get accurate results scanners used TDSSkiller combofix ESET scanner Panda online scanner AswMBR blitzblank emergency kit scanner emisoft antimalware scanner SAS Malwarebytes Kaspersky online scanner rogue killer JRT and tweaking com windows fix All of the scans came back clean with the exception of ESET which said there were some toolbars one of which was related to conduit and some PUPS I am perplexed because I spent the last two days scanning in safe mode only to restart normally to encounter the same issue with IE and Windows update I noticed while viewing scan results that there were numerous entries relating to IE that were locked and unchangable with a message stating that changes would violate some user agreement Does anyone have any other suggestions Thank you in advance

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563165/windows-7-ie-11-and-windows-update-not-running-properly-in-normal-mode/
Relevancy 76.97%

nbsp Hi Something is going on with Windows update and new restored machines Been going on pretty much all year so far and has been noticed by a great many other technicians besides me nbsp Windows has seamed to taken the hit hard With machines windows update & installed 7 SP1 windows days time disc running machines restored taking first New/factory I have built and restored for customers over these past few years I know how long the update process approximately took with in an hour or but the same machines are now running New/factory restored & disc installed SP1 windows 7 machines taking days running windows update first time into days Something is not right and needs to be investigated by Microsoft to locate the problem unless it is being done intentionally for some reason Windows and machines New/factory restored & disc installed SP1 windows 7 machines taking days running windows update first time don't seam to have as much problem more than but never used too This involves too many different manufactures nbsp machines and clean installs of SP for this to be a OS install problem Not when doing the same machine with in less than years and I could turn the machine over and have it ready to return to work in a day Not with the current problem with the update system for OS anyway I have read where this problem has been very frustrating for other techs I have tried a number of the so called KB fixes for this and they pretty much do not correct the problem I believe it is with the update system and older OS's If is an effort to force on folks is not good if they don't like it and just don't want it or have other issues with it They ask for OS machines You have something people really like So keep selling it and supporting it for them nbsp I am a service technician of years I own a computer company and have service or built thousands of machines over the years I'm not say the update process does not update machines that are up to date nbsp This is still a bit slow This problem is with NEW machines out of box does No matter manufacture Asus HP Lenovo Dell They all do it Custom built machines with clean - bit SP installed do it Machines restored from factory partitions do it Its when they run the update process the first times not later I have an HP I machine on my bench I had to rebuild about a year ago due to a some malware Took a little over a day I have it again They allowed someone unknown to them to remote into it so taking no chances they want it wiped clean amp factory restore Same machine is now days in to update and has not updated anything yet green bar just keeps scrolling I've seen too many same machines and how they run through the process before too know that it is not the machine hardware its something in the process since it entails so many different machines Cable internet so no slow speeds Any factory installed A V software has been removed before starting the process MSE installed after Be great if someone discovered the real problem

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b7f3876c-c23b-4151-b15b-00c3e2186b7c/newfactory-restored-amp-disc-installed-sp1-windows-7-machines-taking-days-running-windows-update?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 76.97%

I have had my Dell for little over 8.1: when partition." or couldn't 10 to reinstall operating update Error reserved message system to to system trying update We the Windows a year and have had problems from the beginning nbsp I am years old and I am at my wits end A hard drive was replaced in the summer of but I have still had problems with the computer shutting down and my having to refresh it to factory setting I thought updating to Windows would solve some problems and I did this in October nbsp Everything was fine until a couple of months ago nbsp The end result was when I tried to refresh the computer to factory defaults it went back to or and I evidently lost something in the process Now I cannot update to Windows and when I tried to resinstall the Dell Operating System I get for both nbsp quot WE COULDN T UPDATE THE SYSTEM RESERVED PARTITION quot I DO HAVE A SYSTEM BACKUP ON CDS MADE WHEN I HAD WINDOWS nbsp Could I reinstall the system with these backupdisks nbsp How do I do that nbsp I also have a Dell Boot USP stick I have a recovery stick too but it semed that when I used this I received a message that not all files were recovered What should I do at this point nbsp

A:Error message when trying to update to Windows 10 or to reinstall operating system 8.1: We couldn't update the system reserved partition."

On MBR disk, Windows 10 requires a 500MB system reserved partition, while 100MB in Windows 7, so you can try to extend system reserved partition.
In disk management, you can only extend partition using the unallocated space next to its right side. so even if you shrink D: drive, the option to extend the efi partition is still grayed out. My suggestion is to use a third party software, AOMEI Partition Assistant, both the standard (free) or the Professional(paid) version can extend partition as long as there is unallocated space on that hard drive. to see more information read:
Fix "We Couldn?t Update the System Reserved Partition" Error
www.disk-partition.com/.../couldnt-update-system-reserved-partition-4348.html

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19678612
Relevancy 76.54%

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, I just got my laptop a few weeks ago and noticed today that windows update isn't running.

when I click on windows update i'm prompted with a message saying that the service isn't started and to reset my system, however when i check my services it tells me what windows update is started and set to automatic (delayed start) can anybody help with this please? I've been looking up some solutions online and nothing has seemed to work, help would be really aprichiated

Thanks
Aidan

A:Windows update not running - windows 7 home premium 64 bit

Open Windows Update
Click on Change Settings
Select 'Never Update...'
Click OK
exit Windows Update
Now open Windows update again
Click on Change Settings
Select 'Update automatically'
Click OK
exit Windows Update
Open Windows Update, and do a manual Check for Updates.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/273026-windows-update-not-running-windows-7-home-premium-64-bit.html
Relevancy 76.54%

i had just changed a hard rive from a 500gb seagate to a 1tb hgst and when i try to do windows update and when i click on it i am prompted with a message that says windows update cannot currently check for up dates because the service is not running you may need to restart your computer which i have done many of times with no success i really dont know what to do

A:Windows update not running - windows 7 home premium 64 bit

Please complete and post so our experts can help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/351650-windows-update-not-running-windows-7-home-premium-64-bit.html
Relevancy 76.54%

hello i have a problem on a laptop i have. I formated it using a windows 7 premiem install cd. i was about to do some updates and for some reason it says that the service is running. I went to go check into the services and it was running so a stop and re-enable it nothing. its the same thing with windows defender. I did a disk check but still nothing. I did a system restore to and nothing

So both services are running but it says its not running.

A:Windows update service not running and windows defender

Is your copy of Windows registerd?.

Take a snap shot of your windows update logs and post it here.

%windir%\Windowsupdate.log

Your specs show your using a 1TB hdd, Take a read of this Article, Apply the hotfix suggested by Microsoft.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982018

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/276234-windows-update-service-not-running-windows-defender.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Wouldn't even let me post a message to this forum.

Testing again!

A:Windows update won't load, windows running slow NEED HELP.....PLEASE!

Why can't I post anything other than simple stuff????????

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/windows-update-wont-load-windows-running-slow-need-help-please-501883.html
Relevancy 76.54%

My windows update stopped working with error code i couldn't see any anwers to. Also my messenger no longer works with my video camera.

I re-installed windows 7 32bit, thinking this would rectify this, but alas after the first downloading and installing of updates then the office updates I now get error.

"Error(s) found:
Code 8007273D Windows Update encountered an unknown error."

So it last checked and installed updated last Tuesday 6/4/10 when I Re-installed windows.

Live messenger wont use my webcam says errors too (tried to d'load it again but got similar error to this one, which is why I am including it - I did a system restore to get messenger back).

A:Windows Update error after first update

See this thread.

8007273d widows 7 update problem

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/77592-windows-update-error-after-first-update.html