Windows Support Forum

"Important" Updates Won't Install Properly

Q: "Important" Updates Won't Install Properly

There are these 3 updates that my computer keep labeling as "important" but won't download. Two Windows 7 Updates and one is an Internet Explorer 11 Update, and when I try to run the updates it always stops at 80% and my computer freezes up. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: "Important" Updates Won't Install Properly

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: "Important" Updates Won't Install Properly

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/315465-important-updates-wont-install-properly.html
Relevancy 86.18%

Hi,
Why do we get the option "Windows Updates. Important updates are available. Go to PC settings to install them" on the logon screen? Need to remove this option but without altering the update functionality. We are using SCCM for windows update.
Can you help how to remove it by GPO or any other option for large scale systems (5000+). At present the user cannot install the updates as it has been restricted. Attached the screen shot also.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f591fd1f-9b4b-484a-844f-cc26d2ec2161/reasons-for-quot-windows-updates-important-updates-are-available-go-to-pc-settings-to-install?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 82.46%

Greetings Seven Forums Gurus and apologies for the TL ad "Restart to important your infinitum - install computer updates" DR nature of this "Restart your computer to install important updates" - ad infinitum post Trying to put all the relevant "Restart your computer to install important updates" - ad infinitum information in So a problem has come up from a little old lady customer here She got hit by the non-voluntary Windows upgrade last week - caught it somewhere before it did the final install and who knows what she did exactly but before I got a chance to look at the computer she had somehow managed to revert to At that point I ran the GWX toolbox and canned the upgrades but by then the damage was done and the machine won't check for updates and won't stop saying it "Restart your computer to install important updates" - ad infinitum hasn't finished installing the last update Notice it says never checked for and never installed updates - these are probably as a result of some of the stuff I have tried It also says quot You receive updates - for Windows only quot although there is no option on the settings page to check for other products' updates Incidentally I have also tried changing the settings to Never install updates and removing both check-marks - makes no difference Under Update History the only item listed is Hotfix for Windows KB that's the System Update Readiness Tool which I ran manually today If I click quot check for updates quot it very quickly pops up a little window to say quot Windows Update cannot currently check for updates because you must first restart the computer quot blah blah blah Well it's been restarted more than a dozen times with all the various things I've tried OK so what have I tried Amongst other things and not necessarily in this order it's been a couple of days of hacking around I tell you - Microsoft Fixit twice I think - Tweaking com quot Windows Repair AIO quot - Manually resetting update components Otion from tutorial - SURT as mentioned above - sfc scannow I don't know why I bothered with this one I've never seen it do anything - in this case it reported no errors nothing to do - possibly some other stuff I have forgotten now Every time Windows Update - restart your computer And of course the nag box that gives you the option of postponing for minutes hour or hours The System amp Application event logs show no errors or even warnings that look even vaguely relevant to me There is no Windows Update error number to quote Just refuses to check for updates The CBS log folder consists of four CbsPersist CAB files of between and MB that don't compress and one of about MB None of them are recent four days old and older - any point in uploading any of them I have included the current CBS log file as well as the quot uneventful quot SUR logfiles So any helpful suggestions will be gratefully accepted PS I would have reverted Windows to a previous state if there were any but alas

A:"Restart your computer to install important updates" - ad infinitum

Hi Chris,
Try this for starters.

1. Close all the open windows.
2. Click the "Start" Button, click "All programs", and click "Accessories".
3. Right-click "Command Prompt" and click "Run as administrator".
4. In "Administrator: Command Prompt" window, type in " net stop WuAuServ " (without the quotes) and press Enter.
Note: Please look at the cmd window and make sure it says that it was successfully stopped before you try to rename the folder.
5. Click the "Start" Button, in the "Start Search" box, type in " %windir% " (without the quotes) and press Enter.
6. In the opened folder, look for the folder named "SoftwareDistribution".
7. Right-click on the folder, select "Rename" and type " Sdold " (without the quotes) to rename this folder.
8. Still in "Administrator: Command Prompt" window, type the command " net start WuAuServ " (without the quotes) in the opened window to restart the Windows Updates service.

Got acouple more things in the locker if it fails

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/393283-restart-your-computer-install-important-updates-ad-infinitum.html
Relevancy 82.46%

For over hours Windows Update has said quot Restart your computer to install important updates quot yet every time I restart and check Windows Update it is still saying quot Restart your computer to install important updates quot Before I deleted SoftwareDistribution to try and solve matters the update history showed a security update KB which has been showing as quot pending quot for the whole of this period despite numerous restarts but never shows as quot successful quot or quot failed quot It just stays stuck at quot pending quot It doesn't appear in issue important updates" to your "Restart computer install installed updates but when I try to install it manually it says it's already installed SURT installed hotfix KB SFC scan didn't find any problems Microsoft Fix it said Cryptographic services could not be stopped I've tried to upload the CBS folder as per your posting instructions but it's over MB zipped and it didn't upload PS I don't know if this is relevant but this update KB relates to a vulnerability when Remote Desktop Protocol is enabled When I went to the dialogue box to check if RDP is enabled system advanced system settings remote the check boxes relating to RDP are missing All I have is a check box for remote assistance so I don't know for sure if RDP is enabled or disabled

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/383907-restart-your-computer-install-important-updates-issue.html
Relevancy 82.46%

For a while these updates have been showing up in Windows Updates, and they never install properly. Every time I shut down, it goes through a lengthy "update" in which nothing is actually installed. Any suggestions?

A:2 "Important Updates" Won't Install: error 80073712 and 8007000D

Enter clean startup: Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

Install only one of the patches. If it fails install the other one.
Which one fails?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/315976-2-important-updates-wont-install-error-80073712-8007000d.html
Relevancy 82.46%

Hi I have a Windows x machine that is permanently stuck trying to install the same update I have followed various posts loops to install with important Windows Update updates" computer your a "Restart off of MS websites to rename SoftareDistribution etc but none have helped HAve tried Boot intoClean Boot Mode and try updating again Run the Microsoft Fixit and see how it works nbsp nbsp Windows Update loops with a "Restart your computer to install important updates" nbsp nbsp nbsp How do I reset Windows Update components Try System Update Readiness tool by referring toWhat is the System Update Readiness Tool Run System File Checker tool and see how it works The WindowsUpdateClient log posts the error x bc CBS log has the following - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Windows Update loops with a "Restart your computer to install important updates" nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Session initialized by client WindowsUpdateAgent - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Session initialized by client WindowsUpdateAgent - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Appl detect Parent Package WUClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX bf ad e amd Parent Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package bf ad e amd Disposition Detect VersionComp EQ ServiceComp GE BuildComp GE DistributionComp GE RevisionComp GE Exist present - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Appl detectParent package WUClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX bf ad e amd parent found Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package bf ad e amd state Superseded - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Appl detectParent package WUClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX bf ad e amd parent found Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package bf ad e amd state Installed - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Appl detect Parent Package WUClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX bf ad e amd disposition state from detectParent Installed - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Appl Evaluating package applicability for package WUClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX bf ad e amd applicable state Installed - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CSI nbsp nbsp nbsp e CSI Transaction x fa initialized for deployment engine d d c- d - d - d- c b with flags and client id quot TI quot - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CSI nbsp nbsp nbsp f Pending transaction content must be resolved cannot begin another transaction yet - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Failed to get transaction analysis because of pending operations Disposition from Analyze x HRESULT x bc - ERROR FAIL REBOOT REQUIRED - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Failed to get inventory HRESULT x bc - ERROR FAIL REBOOT REQUIRED - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CSI nbsp nbsp nbsp CSI Transaction x fa destroyed - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Failed to get inventory HRESULT x bc - ERROR FAIL REBOOT REQUIRED - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Failed to load current component state HRESULT x bc - ERROR FAIL REBOOT REQUIRED - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Failed to find or add t... Read more

A:Windows Update loops with a "Restart your computer to install important updates"

Thanks Alex
I had already tried the steps in the post you linked.
In the end I have had to reinstall Windows 7 over the top (keeping all settings) and this has fixed the issue with Windows Updates.
It is frustrating that I could not find a solution as I do not like glossing over the issues without first finding a solution but unfortunately it was not my pc and time was against me.
Thanks for all the replies.
Simon

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0f374ba3-b5fc-4374-be3c-6ed5462c0903/windows-update-loops-with-a-quotrestart-your-computer-to-install-important-updatesquot?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 81.22%

Hi,

I have several Updates that fail; 3 of which are classified as "Important." The updates get applied, I reboot, then after reaching 99%, I get the error message, "We would not complete your updates. Undoing changes."

KB2962409, 2967917, 2981580, and all versions for English Input Personalization Dictionary (e.g., 2881553) fail.

I connected with the Answer Desk and they told me to try the two-button reset (Volume Up + Power button) and then after reboot, try the updates again. Needless to say, I rolled my eyes, complied and, of course, it didn't work and I'm getting the same result.

The Answer Tech also told me that the 4 KBs I mentioned above will be pulled and replaced in a few days. I am skeptical but, regardless, I am still stuck with not being able to get those updates installed.

I'm running Windows 8.1 on a Surface Pro 2.

Any ideas? Thanks!

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/52434-unable-install-several-important-updates.html
Relevancy 81.22%

I recently wiped my entire computer and restored it to its original factory settings because of the Vista Home Security virus and my computer was several years behind on updates Then I updated my system to the SP then the SP I just glanced at my start menu and it says that there are important updates to install and optional ones Is this normal One the update says A security issue has been identified that could allow an authenticated remote attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it You on "Important" updates to install vista? can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft The update is called Security Update for Windows Vista KB I may just be a tad paranoid from my very aggravating experience by contracting the Vista Home Security virus that would pop up every couple of days But I d rather "Important" updates to install on vista? be safe than sorry Hijackthis Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Center Access Bar VCAB exe C Program Files Sony VAIO PC Wireless LAN Wizard AutoLaunchWLASU exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrotray exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files The Weather Channel The Weather Channel App TWCApp exe C DDI AOLICON exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Users Jennie Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www sony com vaiopeople R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www sony com vaiopeople R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO AOL Toolbar Launcher - C - CB - A -B F - EA C F - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar AOL Toolbar - DE C F- - A - B-AA ED D - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - -F - -B -FBEE C B DF - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser UIBHO dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hide O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C Windows system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C Windows system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run... Read more

A:"Important" updates to install on vista?

Check Computer properties and make sure that it says you have SP2. That does sound like a lot of updates, but then there have been some almost every "Update Tuesday", so the number may vey well be quite high.

You may not want to download and install them all at one time, however. Pick a bunch and install, and then some more later. It's not likely that problems will arise, but if you have smaller batches, you'll have an easier time finding any that cause trouble.

Then, be smart. After you get it all set up, back it up. Your hard drive will fail, more infections will come along, and you'll be doing this all again if you are not prepared. Periodic updates to your backup will keep it recent and you can keep the first one as your "factory restore". You can even merge your restore partition with your main one for more space and make an image of that for your "factory restore". Since it will have all your programs, updates, and files, it will save you a lot of time for recovery.

Free drive backup software (imaging, cloning, and archiving - backups can be created on a second hard drive, internal or external, or on DVD's, or BluRay disks. One BluRay disk will hold most peoples' entire system drive's backup at 25 GB's using compressed images, 50 GB's double-layer):

Paragon Backup & Recovery 2012 (Recovery boot CD or USB key)
Macrium Reflect (Free)
O&O Disk Image Express or (mirror)
Easeus Todo Backup
ODIN (open-source)
Redo Backup & Recovery (Boot CD)
Clonezilla Live (A bootable CD of Debian with Clonezilla.)
Drive Image XML
PING (Partimage is not Ghost) (Boot CD with option Clam Antivirus)
Partition Saving
Clonezilla
Passmark OSFClone (Bootable, cloning only)

There are also many commercial products with more features.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/important-updates-to-install-on-vista.1036148/
Relevancy 99.76%

I have just done a reinstall of the OEM Windows Any WGA hidden to updates" banner Update? important way in hide "you have nag Windows XP installation and it kindly offered to install WGA for me I declined as I don't want that spyware Any way to hide "you have hidden important updates" WGA nag banner in Windows Update? on my computer but when I unchecked it from the update and checked the quot don't offer this update anymore quot option I now get a big yellow banner at the top of my Windows Update screen saying quot IMPORTANT You've Hidden Important Updates You've asked us not to show you one or more high-priority updates Any way to hide "you have hidden important updates" WGA nag banner in Windows Update? but your computer might be at risk until they are installed quot Is there any way to get this quot reminder quot hidden First of all it's kind of shady of them to call this an quot important update quot and claim that WGA has anything to do with my computer being at risk but secondly if I've asked to not be shown it anymore why do they think it's any better to show me a big banner-ad reminding me that I've asked not to be shown it anymore Jeez Thanks for any assistance

A:Any way to hide "you have hidden important updates" WGA nag banner in Windows Update?

Description of Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA)

It's pretty basic. The core of it is, they are a company that sells computer Operating System software and don't want to be ripped off. And to prevent rip-offs from updating beneficial security and other support they provide FREE, they require you run the WGA.

That isn't unreasonable.

Don't like it? Get Linux or whatever.

:)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/any-way-to-hide-you-have-hidden-important-updates-wga-nag-banner-in-windows-update-543518.html
Relevancy 99.33%

This a.m. I see there are a bunch of "Important" Win8.1 updates recommended (my Win update settings are to notify me, but to allow me to choose whether or not to download & install them.

Have there been any known issues / problems with these updates?

A:My latest "Important" Windows Updates notification

No problems for me, everything is back to normal

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/53505-my-latest-important-windows-updates-notification.html
Relevancy 98.04%
Relevancy 98.04%

I have read many posts about problems due to the fact that after the installation of MS Updates the computer began to freeze, BSOD or just work slowly. The most usual cause is the fact that the updates are downloaded and installed at the same time. Many of these updates require restarting the computer. This fact causes conflicts and problems when the updates are not installed properly. Next week a large number of updates are expected, change your update settings to notify, only. Install manually, and one at a time. We rather you come to the forum giving help rather than seeking it.

A:Install Updates Properly-Important

yes
your first step should be:
1) Re-boot (Re-start)

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/279358-install-updates-properly-important.html
Relevancy 97.18%

Hi Looking for insight advice re KB According to Infoworld it was quot Optional quot in May but I was not offered it then This KB3054476 "Important"/"Recommended"/"Optional" offered as week it was offered as quot Important quot and quot Recommended quot but only for one of my Win boxes I have read the MS KB article as well as THIS FORUM THREAD the latter of which includes a report of a BSOD due to this particular update However there isn't much out on the web about it And most of the discussion about it is overly technical for me And I am confused as to why it was previously offered as quot Optional quot but now is quot Important quot KB3054476 offered as "Important"/"Recommended"/"Optional" or quot Recommended quot I don't think I quot need quot it as I have no webcam on this box And I don't like KB3054476 offered as "Important"/"Recommended"/"Optional" to tempt fate by fixing things that are not broken So questions Is it safe to install Is it really necessary important Or would I be OK to hide it Thanks very much in advance

A:KB3054476 offered as "Important"/"Recommended"/"Optional"

The status of updates changes with circumstances.
If an update isn't relevant, it won't be offered at all.
If however it's relevant but the related software is not apparently in use, it may be 'optional' - and gravitate to 'Recommended' or 'Important' if the related software is in use.
It can also be promoted through the hierarchy by MS depending on feedback through WU and error-trapped feedback.

If you have (and use) a webcam, then it's probably best to install the update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/372782-kb3054476-offered-important-recommended-optional.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi some doesn't install Win on machine" 7 "Win 8 properly background I tried to install a new HDD in a Windows compatible laptop I got an error message saying that the disk was not recognized I took the laptop to a computer repair shop and they installed the HDD and Windows -everything worked fine I asked if I could do the installation myself if I wanted to install another HDD and they said yes it was just a case of resetting the BIOS I have just got another new HDD that I want to install with Windows into Win 7 doesn't install properly on "Win 8 machine" the laptop I got another error message saying that the disk was not recognized so I installed the new HDD in another computer and installed Windows it worked fine I then put it in the problem laptop and Windows booted The installation was not working correctly on this machine though It would not connect to the internet so I reinstalled Windows and again there were problems it wouldn't connect to the internet and in Device Manager there were yellow exclamation marks next to about drivers also video playback was of a very poor quality Is there anything I can do to remedy this situation or do I have to take the computer to the repair shop and have the technician install the HDD and Windows Please advise TIA regards Ken

A:Win 7 doesn't install properly on "Win 8 machine"

Is this Toshiba NoteBook with Windows 8 Pre-installed?

If yes,
1) Downgrade to Windows 7.
Downgrade Windows 8 to Windows 7
Warning you must have the uEFI/BIOS firmware setting in Step Three set.

2) If Using a USB Pendrive on a PC with a uEFI BIOS.
USB Pendrive need to be formated to FAT32 as in
UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows
Take note of Step 11 for Windows 7.
Also you will need to use a USB 2.0 port, as there are no USB 3.0 drivers in Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/296963-win-7-doesnt-install-properly-win-8-machine.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Hi everyone I m new to the forum I am running Windows XP SP Home Edition boxes to" Help! not to" properly!!! and XP "move Windows "copy Hm displaying Background I was running Windows IE beta no problems I decided to upgrade to Windows IE beta the system would not I removed before trying to install beta I dropped back to IE thinking it Help! Windows XP Hm "copy to" and "move to" boxes not displaying properly!!! would run correctly but I was wrong When I try to move a file using the quot Copy to quot or quot Move to Help! Windows XP Hm "copy to" and "move to" boxes not displaying properly!!! quot window the window frame displays but there is nothing in it except at the top quot Select the place you want to move quot x quot file and then at the bottom of Help! Windows XP Hm "copy to" and "move to" boxes not displaying properly!!! the window quot to view any sub folders click plus sign quot Move New Folder The entire file system is missing where I could select a file to move to example C and all the sub folders are not displayed so I cannot select one The system still works but all the files are sent to C SW F which is most likely the last folder I accessed before this whole failure to install mess started Is there any way to restore the file system so I can select where I want to send my files when I copy and move without dragging them with two open windows Thanks I have more questions but this is enough to start with I appreciate the help I really screwed this thing up I am currently running IE with expanded stuff left over from the botched install attempt from IE beta Turbo nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-windows-xp-hm-copy-to-and-move-to-boxes-not-displaying-properly.480286/
Relevancy 86.43%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Basic, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Sempron(tm) Processor LE-1250, x64 Family 15 Model 127 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 3517 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430, 64 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 228121 MB, Free - 156749 MB; D: Total - 10239 MB, Free - 5340 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0RY206
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

Can't install updates, "can't reach Windows install service, usually happens when Installer is not installed correctly. Contact your Tech Support". No Tech Support on home PC, so trying to find answer on my own. Have returned to previous Set Points without resolution. requesting some steering onto the right course for troubleshooting and recovery. Easy, with capital "E" and primitive skill level instructions vital. Thanks in advance.

FRandallCat

A:Can't install updates, "can't reach Windows install service"

Can you install anything else on your computer?

If not,

Press the Windows key + R to open a Run box.

Copy/Paste the following command:

regedit /e C:\look.txt "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSIServer"

Press Enter.

You won't notice anything. However, it will have created a report on your C drive
named look. Attach that file to your next reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-install-updates-cant-reach-windows-install-service.1086593/
Relevancy 85.57%

Doing a fresh oem win7 sp1 pro x64 install. After initial setup allowed Windows update to do It's thing (146 updates). Upon reboot I get the message "failure configuring windows updates" Have read extensively re. this issue but, unfortunately, have not found a definitive resolution.

System is dm1-z 4000 CTO (amd 450 apu, 8 GB ram) new hdd. Initially, had installed a new ssd but got the same thing. Thinking that it might be an issue with it, switched to a wd black 500 GB hdd. Same results.

Any ideas?

A:Fresh Win7 Install "Failure Configuring Windows Updates"

Hello and welcome Greywolf mate I don't know what the others think but as a general rule I usually do the initial updates in smaller batches.

Have a look at this anyway https://support.microsoft.com/kb/949358

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/319253-fresh-win7-install-failure-configuring-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi everyone,I'm using Windows 7 x64 (final RTM build). A few days ago I've started to have problems with the Windows Update control panel. It doesn't show me the description of the updates I've downloaded. It's very annoying!I've taken a screenshot so you can see it:screenshotAre there any hotfixes yet?Kind regards.

A:Windows Update "select updates to install" screen is blank

Hi. I had the same problem and contacted Microsoft for help.On a remote session they runned MicrosoftFixit50202 and the problem is for now solved.http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9665683Hope this help.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b5f8e85b-0a6e-47be-b669-2c7fe68f9990/windows-update-quotselect-updates-to-installquot-screen-is-blank?forum=itprovistadesktopui
Relevancy 85.57%

hi,
I noticed that when some Windows Updates arrive the list in "Select updates to install" is blank! See the attached screenshot. What to do?
After system restart the list comes back but after next Updates it vanished.

A:blank list in "Select updates to install" Windows Update

Install SP2 standalone version and all hotfixes.If it don't help
observe your system for a while on clean boot How to perform a clean boot procedure to determine whether background programs are interfering with a game or a program that you currently use

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/261450-blank-list-select-updates-install-windows-update.html
Relevancy 85.57%

To whomever can help:

I was given a computer for my daughter. It was JUST installed with Windows 7 home Premium sp1 when we got it. When I have tried to check for updates, it gets stuck- even if I leave it for hours & hours, it still continues to "check for updates" (& I have very fast internet). I have ran microsofts windows update troubleshooter, but it still does the same thing. Please help.

Thank you for your time & assistance.

Dell Vostro A860
Windows 7 Home Premium (clean install) sp1

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-update-stuck-cheking-for-updates-new-install-1038361.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello again, friends.

Ok so here's my new issue. I got a new hard drive and successfully installed Windows 7 on it. I temporarily slaved the old OS hard drive so that I could copy some files from it because the drive was failing.

My issue is that when I check for updates, it doesn't go beyond the "checking" and it basically times out. Seems odd... has anyone else had this happen and what do I do? You don't think that maybe the computer is confused because the OS still remains on the drive that is temporarily slaved do you? One odd thing is that I checked the update history and clearly some went on there. So I don't know. Help?

You guys rock. Thanks for helping me out with the last issue.

A:New install Windows 7 - "Checking for Updates" doesn't finish

I also forgot to mention that at present, it wouldn't allow me to put a screensaver on there and there is no sound coming from the computer. Do you think this could just come with the update problem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/400285-new-install-windows-7-checking-updates-doesnt-finish.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Just finished talking to a Toshiba tech support person I called because my six-week-old Toshiba "Don't 7 Windows updates"! Toshiba says, technician install Satellite L laptop has Toshiba technician says, "Don't install Windows 7 updates"! developed a problem there is a slight delay between keyboard commands and their execution in every program I use regularly Word Outlook Quicken etc For example I'm in Microsoft Outlook and I double-click on the name of a saved task Instead of opening instantaneously as happens on my desktop which has a slower processor less memory and a smaller hard drive I get the hourglass for a second or two before the task opens Or else a dialog box appears asking whether I want to archive my old items in Outlook and when I click the No button the dialog box lingers there for a second before closing Toshiba says this is an issue they've experienced and it is caused by Windows and other quot third-party quot updates using up system resources I should not accept or install those updates They want me to perform an entire reinstall Toshiba technician says, "Don't install Windows 7 updates"! of Windows Home Premium and never allow another update So if the problem is the Windows and other updates then why am I not having the same problem on my desktop computer running Vista but accommodating updates with no problem and if all these updates are not really necessary according to Toshiba then why do companies keep producing them It has taken me weeks to get this laptop customized and configured with the programs and content I need to use on it If what this tech support person tells me is true then will I have this problem on any computer I buy that runs Windows Thanks in advance Joan

A:Toshiba technician says, "Don't install Windows 7 updates"!

Toshiba are talking out of their nether regions.
The first thing you need to check is what's booting at startup - use MSCONFIG for that.
Uncheck anything you *know* you don't use, and list the rest in a reply.
Open Task Manager - what's taking up most resources (enable viewing of processes from all users)?

4GB is quite enough for most purposes.

What Security software is installed? - what different Anti-Virus programs have EVER been installed?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/267519-toshiba-technician-says-dont-install-windows-7-updates.html
Relevancy 85.14%

I've decided to upgrade my Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 with the free upgrade. Unfortunately, it has been stuck "Checking for Updates" for the last 30-45 minutes. Is this normal? I've updated two laptops, one Windows 7 Home and one Windows 8 and it didn't take nearly this long. I'm afraid I'm stuck in some kind of loop. I've searched the forum and couldn't find anything.

A:Upgrade Install Stuck on "Checking for Updates"

Originally Posted by ARAMP1

I've decided to upgrade my Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 with the free upgrade. Unfortunately, it has been stuck "Checking for Updates" for the last 30-45 minutes. Is this normal? I've updated two laptops, one Windows 7 Home and one Windows 8 and it didn't take nearly this long. I'm afraid I'm stuck in some kind of loop. I've searched the forum and couldn't find anything.

Well, please disregard. It finally started installing.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/40287-upgrade-install-stuck-checking-updates.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi!

I'm having some problems with Windows as it keeps installing the same updates over and over. In the update history they are marked as "Successful". I tried to solve the problem by doing what you guys recommended in the "For a Repeatedly Succeeding Update" paragraph here: Windows Update - Fix a Repeatedly Offered Update
I used this command and it did not work: fsutil resource setautoreset true %systemdrive%\

Please tell me what to do! If you need more information please ask.

Thank you!

EDIT: I have added the needed CBS.zip file: Attachment 267003

A:Same updates install "succesfully" - KB2656351 and KB2600217

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/288936-same-updates-install-succesfully-kb2656351-kb2600217.html
Relevancy 85.14%

So I have this weird thing happening in my relatively fresh install of Windows 10.
Whenever I search for "Check for Updates" or "Windows Update settings" on the search box of the start menu, I get the results that I want but if I press enter or try to click on those results nothing happens.. As far as I know I can click all others search results but those, and maybe others related to windows update.

I can still get updates by going to Settings>Update & Security though.

In my other computers this works fine, and as far as I can tell all the updates are done.
From what I've searched around other people seemed to have a similar issue where they couldn't acess the settings at all which isn't my case. Still I tried the sfc/ scannow that a lot of users seemed to recommend but no results.

A:Can't click on "Check for Updates" "Windows Update settings" on Start

Spanker,
.............. Still I tried the sfc/ scannow that a lot of users seemed to recommend but no results. .....................

Please clarify what did you mean by "no results".

When sfc /scannow is completed, it will give you one of the following 3 reports....................(paraphrasing)

1. No integrity violation.
2. Found corrupted files and repair is successful.
3. Found corrupted files but unable to repair some of them.

Which one of the above is applicable to you ?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/47108-cant-click-check-updates-windows-update-settings-start.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I have no idea how it happened, but my windows updates do not show (for 2016) and when I try to download updates-it just looks like it is trying but never does who any progress.Any suggestions on a work around for this?I'd tried doing a system restore, but that did not work either.Windows 7Satellite L750-A7280AMD A6-5200 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 2.00 GHz6 gb installed Ram64-bit systemInternet Explorer stops working often lately, and that is main reason I was trying to update, and figure out why.Thank you.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,158868.0.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Here is what I want:

I do fresh installs of 7 often, including service pack 1.

As everyone knows, when you try to run "windows update" after that, it takes many hours to search and find them.

Now let's assume I did the update search, and a big list of updates is now ready. What I want to know is:

a. where are these files?
b. can i save them to a CD and install the updates later from the CD? for example, when i do another fresh install of windows 7.
c. if this is possible, i presume i would just copy the files but then also the question of how to run them from the CD.

Please, I do not need advice about "just do the regular way, risky" etc. I just want to know the above.

Thanks in advance!

A:Help: I want to save any found "updates" to a CD, to install later

The files are in C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download. However, I don't know for sure if Windows Update would acknowledge them if they are copied there manually from a backup. I've never heard of anyone using this method.

These days, I think most people use a tool like WSUS Offline Update to get avoid updating through Windows Update. There are also other options, such as integrating updates directly into the install image (slipstreaming). I've recently been experimenting with an old but rarely used method of creating a hardware independent installable image from an installed system after updating through Windows Update.

The thing is, any method other than using Windows Update may involve a lot of research and trial and error. It may end up taking more time than just biting the bullet and sticking with Windows Update. Just FYI.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/395692-help-i-want-save-any-found-updates-cd-install-later.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Been getting an error message lately when attempting to update "Windows Defender". A little balloon appears from my task bar that says "Windows Defender cannot install updates". The following error message appears within the software window "Error found: Code 0x80070643"

Any idea's?

A:Windows Defender "Can't Install Updates"

Have you used a registry cleaner? It appears, according to other users who had this problem that this problem is generic to windows not the program itself. I will continue to look for a soultion as all other issues with this error code is based around other programs. Will keep looking.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-defender-cant-install-updates-149591.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello Updates". on "Installing stuck Install I'm trying to install Windows retail with no luck I've been installing it many times before from beta to rtm with no problem whatsoever it's an excellent OS But now it just won't work it gets stuck on quot installing updates quot or quot installing features quot mostly the first I have tryed with the dvd and a bootable usb same thing I am using the following hardware Asus P T Deluxe Intel i Corsair Dominator x Gb AMD HD OCZ Vertex SSD for the OS Samsung F Tb for storage Questings and answers Do you have a single OS on your computer are you planning on multi-booting with this installation I'm doing a clean install I have no OS on my computer now Are you multi-booting now No Current Hardware How many internal hard drives HD are connected to your system ssd and hdd Are they IDE or SATA Sata How many DVD drives are connected to your system Are they IDE or SATA Drives Sata Any external HDs used No Are they connected by USB or eSATA - Check Disk Management for any HDs listed with a yellow triangle and explanation point Where can I do this Is this a New Clean HD Not new but clean I Install stuck on "Installing Updates". format it before installation every time I tryed when it asks where you want to install Have you pre-formatted the HD No Windows installation details Which build number and version of Windows are you installing The retail Are you installing a bit x or bit x OS x Where did you get the ISO file from The dvd The procedure and speed of burning the ISO to DVD has been the most frequent cause of installation failure How did you burn the DVD Briefly describe the steps you used Burnt it with x speed with Imgburn Which ISO burning software did you use Imgburn At what burning speed and with Verify checked x verify checked Any Over Clocking of the RAM CPU or GPU Yes but I have default settings now Any suggestions

A:Install stuck on "Installing Updates".

Hello!
I'm trying to install Windows 7 retail with no luck.
I've been installing it many times before, from beta to rtm with no problem whatsoever, it's an excellent OS!

But now it just won't work, it gets stuck on "installing updates" or "installing features", mostly the first.
I have tryed with the dvd and a bootable usb, same thing.

I am using the following hardware:

Asus P6T Deluxe
Intel i7 920
Corsair Dominator 3x2Gb
AMD HD4850
OCZ Vertex SSD (for the OS)
Samsung F1 1Tb (for storage)

Questings and answers:

? Do you have a single OS on your computer, are you planning on multi-booting with this installation?
I'm doing a clean install, I have no OS on my computer now.

? Are you multi-booting now?
No

Current Hardware
? How many internal hard drives (HD) are connected to your system?
1 ssd and 1 hdd
? Are they IDE or SATA?
Sata
? How many DVD drives are connected to your system?
? Are they IDE or SATA Drives?
Sata
? Any external HDs used?
No

Try burning at 4X
Disconnect everything except monitor, keyboard and mouse.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/41791-install-stuck-installing-updates.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Please help! These two security updates won't install and I have had trouble with them before. Microsoft has been no help at all on this issue.

If you've had this same problem and/or know the fix or where to d/l these updates I would really appreciate your help! Thanks in advance for your help!

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 2.0 (KB928365)

Relevancy 84.28%

My desktop PC, Windows 7 64 bit. My current security updates will NOT update. I've tried doing one at a time that doesn't seem to work. I haven't downloaded out of the ordinary recently, so I don?t know what?s going on. Any suggestions?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/386831-select-updates-wont-install.html
Relevancy 84.28%

My desktop PC, Windows 7 64 bit. My current security updates will NOT update. I've tried doing one at a time that doesn't seem to work. I haven't downloaded out of the ordinary recently, so I don?t know what?s going on. Any suggestions?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/select-updates-wont-install-1070874.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello guys,

I don't know what I did, but nothing happens when I click on those two things in the search bar:

View image: wtf

I reinstalled Windows a few hours ago, and IIRC pressing those with the mouse lead somewhere. Now when I click on them, it does nothing. I have to type in "Settings", so I can click on the actual Windows App. Then I can navigate to those settings. IIRC those results were "clickable".

Can somebody help?

Thanks in advance!

A:Can't open "Windows Update Settings" or "Check for Updates"

Hello iamnewhere,

If you like, here's a Windows Update shortcut to use for now until hopefully an update will sort it for you.

Windows Update Shortcut - Create in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/44735-cant-open-windows-update-settings-check-updates.html
Relevancy 82.99%

It's been a month since "not and programs problem updates" all fix in responding" "lost to How my laptop gone wrong All programs doesn't run properly and stop working many times Media Player Office Internet explorer all stop How to fix "not responding" problem in all programs and "lost updates" working frequently and I have to wait ten second until five minutes to continue my work How to fix "not responding" problem in all programs and "lost updates" Two days ago I noticed that when I downloaded windows update the updates wasn't saved in OS folder like it used to be New folders named like quot ee quot appeared in my hard disk I realized that the problems begin when I found new folder like this in my hard disk and now the problems is getting worst after updates I thought my quot OS quot was full but the indicator say quot GB free of GB quot I can't delete or move the folder without permission and try to copy them to quot OS quot Now each time I open a file two windows are opened one is my opened file and the other is blank window I don't have enough knowledge about computer Can anyone help me please

A:How to fix "not responding" problem in all programs and "lost updates"

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

That temp file that you mentioned, is it in the root of the system drive?
In other words is it located here: C:\1ee10074....

If that is where it is, then it could be from a .NET update. They do not always remove that randomly named folder. Don't delete it just yet, go inside of it (say continue to the permissions security pop ups). If you find several folders with 4 numbers for the name, then it is probably from an update. Those numbered folders are for different languages. You can delete the folder if you want or just leave it. The folder is not the cause of your problems.

Try a scan with this:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...fender-offline

Then try this:
Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/279848-how-fix-not-responding-problem-all-programs-lost-updates.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Note I can't take any screen shots because my problematic laptop won't even start up fully So as a bit of background my -year-old Toshiba A -S laptop battery has been horrible for "configuring down..." stuck updates" "shutting after in Laptop ages as in my laptop MUST Laptop stuck in "shutting down..." after "configuring updates" be plugged in at all times or else it will immediately spontaneously turn off without a proper shut-down It also spontaneously turns off it it overheats or starts working too hard or something so I don't use it very much - but it's where I keep all my music and movies and I've been gradually transferring these files to other devices which is why I still use it occasionally Anyway nights ago I downloaded and installed updates and after taking a while to install updates it stayed on the quot shutting down quot screen for a long time And when I woke up the next morning it was STILL on the quot shutting down quot screen - and it had been hours by that point I was actually very surprised that it hadn't spontaneously turned off overnight So I did a force-turn-off because I thought it would start up ok Today I turned on the computer figuring it would boot up ok So we get to the start-up screen - it even spends a mere split second on the usual improper-shut-down-how-would-you-like-to-start-up screen it usually spends seconds on that screen and it goes through quot configuring updates quot and this took a while and then it went back to the quot shutting down quot screen And it was stuck there for about minutes before I did another force-turn-off and turned it on again because sometimes something that doesn't work one time does indeed work the next time But not this time It went through the same quot configuring updates quot and quot shutting down quot screens and it's now been stuck on quot shutting down quot for about minutes So what can I do to fix it I can't figure out how to get it to fully boot up because paragraph above just happens over and over again Will I have to take out the hard drive and finally retire my computer Would I be able to take out the hard drive and recover my files Thank you

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/394020-laptop-stuck-shutting-down-after-configuring-updates.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Please help! These two security updates won't install and I have had trouble with them before. Microsoft has been no help at all on this issue.

If you've had this same problem and/or know the fix or where to d/l these updates I would really appreciate your help! Thanks in advance for your help!

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 2.0 (KB928365) :(

A:" Security Updates Won't Install "

Read these over

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922377

http://support.installshield.com/kb/...icleid=Q111492

Quote:

I've not had that personally. But what happens if you:

# reboot machine

# download the SP from here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...B-A83353618B38

(redistributional package: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en)

and install it?

Also consider disabling your Anti Virus software before installing
http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/Sho...49630&SiteID=1

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/security-updates-wont-install-168085.html
Relevancy 81.7%

In Windows XP, fully updated, I have several folders full of mp3's and want to see the bit rate and duration. I right click on a column heading and select "Bit rate". I then click on "More..." so I can get to "Duration", and I select that one too.

But all the figures in the "Duration" column appear to be in "hours" and "minutes", so I see "00:04" or "00:03", but what I want is "minutes" and "seconds".

Any thoughts as to how to change this?

A:Solved: Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes.693037/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hope this query is in the right section -tried to use my LDS 1881 England Census CDs last night - but having problems with the Viewer.

I have V4 which up to now has worked perfectly - tried to re-install it
and I keep getting "Failed to extract file "Dll_ini" from binary table"
error message.

BUT no problems on my laptap which has the Viewer installed from the
same CD.

Have had a few problems with computer of late - it was in the workshop
3 weeks ago because of some corrupt Windows files - could that be the
problem?

Grateful for any advice, suggestions as to what to do!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/install-error-failed-to-extract-file-dll_ini-from-binary-table.354576/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hello I'm running Windows XP SP Alert" Center install Defense" popups, "Malware "Security self I have fake quot Security Center Alert quot popups and quot Security Center quot popups A program called quot Malware Defense quot has also seemed to installed itself onto my computer And I've just noticed porn icons appearing on my desktop It's also disabled my Avira software GMER doesn't seem to run I've clicked on it a couple of times but it doesn't seem to do anything The DDS logs are attached follows Thanks in advance DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by zili at on Wed Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV AntiVir Desktop On-access scanning disabled Updated AD - F - A-A -FDD C Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS "Security Center Alert" popups, "Malware Defense" self install Explorer EXE C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C Program Files Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C "Security Center Alert" popups, "Malware Defense" self install WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C PROGRA PANICW POP-UP PSFree exe C DOCUME zili LOCALS Temp settdebugx exe C Program Files GetRight GetRight exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exe C DOCUME zili LOCALS Temp wscsvc exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe svchost exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files NetLimiter Monitor nlsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files NetLimiter Monitor NLClient exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer Iexplore exe C Documents and Settings zili Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www bom gov au products IDN shtml uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Skype add-on mastermind bf b-c d - d - a -a f ba c - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll BHO IE to GetRight Helper ff d- a - a-a ef- ba a e - c program files getright xx gr dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO IeMonitorBho Class bf e - a - fd -b - b e c - c program files megaupload mega manager MegaIEMn dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB AAC-C - - E A- E A E - No File TB F ACBB- F- C -A -FF D D CC - No File uRun CTFMON EXE c windows system ctfmon exe uRun Google Update quot c documents and settings zili local settings application data google update GoogleUpdate exe quot c uRun PlayNC Launcher uRun Skype quot c program files skype phone Skype exe quot nosplash minimized uRun PopUpStopperFreeEdition quot c progra panicw pop-up PSFree exe quot uRun settdebugx exe c docume zili locals temp settdebugx exe mRun IMJPMIG quot c windows ime imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil... Read more

A:"Security Center Alert" popups, "Malware Defense" self install

Let's try this version of gmer.

Download GMER Rootkit Scanner from here to your desktop. Double click the exe file.
If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan...click on NO, then use the following settings for a more complete scan.

Click the image to enlarge it

In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Ensure the following are unchecked Sections
IAT/EAT
Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
Show All (don't miss this one)

Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.
Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "Gmer.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.
Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop, and attach it in reply.

**Caution**
Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/security-center-alert-popups-malware-defense-self-install-448836.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I am running Windows XP SP fully updated on an Acer Explorer Column Windows no "Minutes" "Seconds", "Hours" just "Duration" - and lap top PC I have several folders full of mp 's and want to Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" see the bit rate and Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" duration To Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" do this I right click on a column heading and select quot Bit rate quot I then click on quot More quot so I can get to quot Duration quot and I select that one too The two new columns appear but the format of the quot Duration quot column appears to be quot hours minutes quot so I see quot quot or quot quot for most mp 's when what I want to see is 'hours minutes seconds quot e g quot quot This also happens for video files avi files e g all my episodes of quot Heroes quot sad I know have a duration of quot quot instead of quot xx quot Here are two pictures showing the problem with the mp 's The first is of Explorer showing the Duration as quot Hours Minutes quot The second picture is of the properties window of the first mp in the list above I copied some mp files to another old PC on my home network and it displayed the duration field correctly Also the properties window correctly shows the duration also I'm not the only person to have this problem I received a private message from a member of another forum where I posted about this problem several weeks ago That person also has the same problem with the duration field The tech guys on that forum were unable to find the source of the duration field problem But after I had such a great success on this forum with my hard disk problem here I decided to try to get help here Thanks in advance for any suggestions

A:Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

* bump *

Tricky, this one!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes-253928.html
Relevancy 80.84%

"Repaired" Windows and now updates "fail"

I've tried all at once, one at a time, turned of firewall, what next?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/repaired-windows-and-now-updates-fail.651126/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi there,
Can someone please help to shed some light on this, or possibly fix this issue?
I've been trying for ages to get my parents computer to download and install updates.
It's running 7 Home Premium 64 bit with SP1.
The Windows Update page shows that Windows could not search for updates, which resulted in the error 8007370B
The link on that page to get help for this error has no results.
The system update readiness tool failed to fix the issue
sfc /scannow in an elevated command prompt results in the error message
Windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation.
I also tried to force WSUS offline updates, but ended up having to remove the temp admin account and cancel the updates when that failed.

log files attached:
Attachment 362134

A:Failed updates "WindowsUpdate_8007370B" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

Your first run of CheckSUR found a fair number of errors, and managed to fix them, mostly - but to remain until now...

Code:
Checking Component Store
(f) CSI Payload File Missing 0x00000000 _isdel.exe wow64_microsoft-windows-i..llshield-wow64-main_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_ca61f601a4548b8e
(f) CSI Corrupt Identity 0xC0150017 c64c420f5864b56f41d74a09d3a4941a, Culture=neutral, Version=6.1.7601.18283, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, ProcessorArchitecture=amd64, versyo~Scope=NonSxS c64c420f586..a09d3a4941a_31bf3856ad364e35_6>1.7601.18283_b5294749e54eed83 Bad identity

I need to have a look at your COMPONENTS registry hive

Please copy the C:\Windows\System32\config\COMPONENTS file (no extension) to your desktop and then compress it - upload the compressed file to your favoured fileshare site (preferably Dropbox or OneDrive) and post a link.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/372395-failed-updates-windowsupdate_8007370b-windowsupdate_dt000.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Presently, Skype 5.10 is on my computer. But I also have a window's update (Skype 5.10 for Windows (KB2727727)). Problem is that this update won't install and every time I go to shut the computer down, I have to scroll through closing choices (shut down, hibernate, sleep, etc) and as whether or not I want the update installed. As this update can't presently be installed and it's a PITA when going to Sleep as I have to choose between Install Updates and Sleep, how can I get this update to go away without installing it so that I can get to my closing functions without having to muck with Install Update now?

A:Deleting an "important" but unwanted window's update alert?

Hmm - I'd be inclined to uninstall Skype completely, and reinstall from a fresh download.

However, before doing anything that drastic....

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/299190-deleting-important-but-unwanted-windows-update-alert.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hey peoples, i've just reinstalled windows (mylast installed killed itself).
I backed up my documents and settings folder (dads important business stuff in there). After installing this fresh copy of windows. I realised that dad had made the acount private.
OUCH! I'm in trouble!!!!
Theres a lot of stuf fin there we really need (most of its backed up though, thank god).
It wont let me access it. Anyone know how to get in? is it even possible!?

I really need this to work guys, plz help!

Thanks!

A:Windows XP "Private User" Problem. Cant access VERY IMPORTANT FILES. NEED HELP ASAP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-private-user-problem-cant-access-very-important-files-need-help-asap.249194/
Relevancy 79.98%

OK guys, im kinda new to this forum, so... hello.
My computer has a not so serious problem-When I try to open Local Disk C by double clicking it says:
"
Windows cannot find install.exe.
This program is needed for opening filed of type 'File'.

Type in the executable file to be used instead:

This problem isnt very serious, I just dont want my computer to remain "corrupt" if you know what I mean.

Help my and I will be grateful!

A:Cant open C:/:"Install.exe is needed for opening type of "file""

Hello and Welcome to TSF

Have you scanned your system for viruses lately? What antivirus program is installed on your system?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-open-c-install-exe-is-needed-for-opening-type-of-file-90046.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hello I have two gb hard drives in my computer C and F The F drive seems to have a very bad problem files folders occasionally just disappear without a trace and with no apparent hard Files ones) "important" disappear from (only drive! way to recover them The worst part is the files that go seem to only be ones I've been recently using since I use my most Files (only "important" ones) disappear from hard drive! important files most often that means my important files and ONLY important ones get randomly deleted This has happened about times since I got the laptop Here is the worst part Just today I went to open a solution in Visual Studio The solution contained about projects minor ones and very large ones which I have been working on for several months When I went to open the solution the three minor projects were fine but the two large ones were completely gone folders and all files from the hard drive These are extremely important and it is critical that I recover them Does anyone know of any software which is good at recovering lost corrupted fragments of files on a hard drive Alternatively is there any software that literally allows you to do a string search on the raw bits of the hard drive If I can search for some text in the files perhaps I have a chance at recovering some data Also I need to know if it's possible to do a raw copy of an entire partition to another partition literally byte for byte not just existing files I have two gb partitions on the F drive and maybe if I can copy the one with the lost files to the other I will have a better chance of recovering since if the files get overwritten I'll still have them on the other partition Thanks in advance for ANY help with this as it is very urgent

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/files-only-important-ones-disappear-from-hard-drive-508632.html
Relevancy 79.98%

There is a folder named "Important" in my folders and I'm not sure if I made it or they did, but it will not delete and it copies every single email I get. Why do I need duplicates of all my mail?

It's a pain because now I have to empty deleted, junk, inbox, and sent mail and this one.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/52062-important-folder-outlook-mail-2013-a.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi after a long time I came back settled in Toronto I found myself in need of superior assistance from the pros Not my laptop but a friends by chance during lunch he mentions his webcam doesn't Win7 inet use, AV on works install updates, no in works, shows "fine"... Webcam work anymore which surprised me cause I had to hold onto his laptop for weeks while he was out of Canada in any case I take a look and yes webcam shows in use by another application yet the webcam looks off and even skype is off so instinct kicks and AV is not working Win updates won't connect nor MB will update Webcam shows in use, no AV install works, on Win7 updates, inet works "fine"... tried to run Kas online install closes by itself and so it happens with every other malware Webcam shows in use, no AV install works, on Win7 updates, inet works "fine"... detection program I tried so I tell him to don't use it while I come back the next day and take it home he managed to install and run some programs after googling around in any case I have the laptop with me and so I decided to get help Here are the Logs DDS DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Pete at on - - Running Processes C Program Files Dell DellDock DockLogin exe C Program Files x Foxit Software Foxit Reader Foxit Cloud FCUpdateService exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe C Windows SysWOW rundll exe C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup sftservice EXE C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup TOASTER EXE C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup COMPONENTS SCHEDULER STSERVICE EXE C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup Components DSUpdate DSUpd exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe C Program Files x Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files x Dell Support Center gs agent dsc exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp google ca uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uSearch Page hxxp www google com uDefault Search URL hxxp www google com ie uProxyServer localhost uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s uURLSearchHooks McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c Program Files x McAfee SiteAdvisor McIEPlg dll mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO B E -A B - A -B - CD E A FF - c Program Files x McAfee SiteAdvisor McIEPlg dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll TB McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c Program Files x McAfee SiteAdvisor McIEPlg dll uRun SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe mRun IAStorIcon C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe mRun dellsupportcenter quot C Program Files x Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe quot P dellsupportcenter mRunOnce quot C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup Components DSUpdate DSUpdate exe quot quot C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup Components DSUpdate DSUpdate exe quot uPolicies-Explorer NoDriveTypeAutoRun dword mPolicies-Explorer NoActiveDesktop dword mPolicies-Explorer NoActiveDesktopChanges dword mPolicies-System ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin dword mPolicies-System ConsentPromptBehaviorUser dword mPolicies-System EnableUIADesktopToggle dword mPolicies-System PromptOnSecureDesktop dword IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - C PROGRA MIF BA Office EXCEL EXE IE Send image to amp Bluetooth Device - C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btsendto ie ctx htm IE Send page to amp Bluetooth Device - C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btsendto ie htm IE C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - F B - A - ... Read more

A:Webcam shows in use, no AV install works, on Win7 updates, inet works "fine"...

I forgot to mention, Gmer crashed several times and I had to run it with Sections and C: only, and the title says "on Win7 updates" is "no win7 updates", I can't update the OS

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/webcam-shows-in-use-no-av-install-works-on-win7-updates-inet-works-fine-924258.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi everyone I think I've got a fairly tricky problem here I just finished installing Windows Pro SP included x on my laptop Pretty much the first thing I updates..." install for "Checking SP1 update hangs on Windows Fresh - 7 Pro Windows of did was go to check for updates This was taking forever and upon looking at the resource monitor it appears that svchost you can just which services it's hosting was hung at or one CPU core No HDD activity to speak of just a process spinning its wheels I've tried multiple troubleshooting steps from running the Update readiness tool Which didn't find anything wrong resetting windows update using multiple tools running an SFC which said the system was in perfect condition and of course rebooting several times in between Checking the CBS log file there are many lines reading quot Failed to internally open package HRESULT x F - CBS E INVALID PACKAGE quot Windows Update appears to soldier on past that however where it apparently reads out its last cached package successfully it would seem then Fresh install of Windows 7 SP1 Pro - Windows update hangs on "Checking for updates..." stop Fresh install of Windows 7 SP1 Pro - Windows update hangs on "Checking for updates..." dead When I net stop wuauserv the log seems to mention TrustedInstaller a few times then that's about all the interesting information I can gather The WindowsUpdate log file is not terribly helpful either just before the hang it says quot PT Synchronizing extended update info quot then it lists off a ServiceId and Server URL Nothing after that Any help would be greatly appreciated

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5f9786be-254c-4a6d-add4-e0042c9b4b82/fresh-install-of-windows-7-sp1-pro-windows-update-hangs-on-quotchecking-for-updatesquot?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 79.12%

I'm trying under "Windows Update" to click on "check for updates" however when I do that I get message
"windows update cannot currently check for updates, because updates on this computer are controlled by your system administrator"
I am the admin on the PC however this PC points to a In-office "WSUS server" to normally get its update
Is there a work around to this that I could add to my local group policy or registry?
I have been under Group Policy Object Editor -->Computer Configuration --> Administrative Templates -->
Windows Components --> Windows Update
but seen nothing that would allow to override this error
Any suggestion(s) would be most appreciated
JMurphNE

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bc0d13f2-e9cb-4001-a8e6-cfc5d80efd59/windows-update-issue-quotwindows-7quot-error-quotbecause-updates-on-this-computer-are?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 78.69%

Ok, now I get another problem... When I click "install now", I get a msg box that is saying 'no device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click OK'

What should I do now?

A:When I click "install now", it's saying "No device drivers were found"

Is the HD showing in BIOS?

Can you post your specs.
Filling out System Specs
Dont Know What Hardware You Have..??
VistaForums SysInfo Tool - Vista Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/174343-when-i-click-install-now-its-saying-no-device-drivers-were-found.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Can you clean install to a different partition (I got XP on C and planing putting Vista on D) with the "Upgrade" version of vista or no you cant.

Based on this:
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b/930985/en-us
Its not.
:(

A:No "clean install" in "Upgrade" version of Vista

Ether you have to format your hd or put it over xp
P.S you need xp product coad if you clean install the hd

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-clean-install-in-upgrade-version-of-vista-137903.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi TSG

My comp was messed up so I decided to clean reinstall xp pro, my hard drive was split into 3 partition, C, E backup and L photos and bits, at the point of the install were you decide,delete our make partitions, I decided to delete L as it was not needed and clean install onto C, leaving E with my docs and data, the install went fine, when I looked at my drives in admin tools the C is marked boot and E system, I was going to delete E and make new partitions, but because it marked as system, can not delete it. How did I do this and is there away to put it all back onto C, without reformatting.

Relevancy 78.69%

The following was displayed in 'Automatic Repair' on startup quot The operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors quot quot amdkmafd sys quot quot xc b quot I had installed the new windows anniversary update and after finally sorting out everything to my liking I decided to boot up Radeon Settings to see if there was an update for the driver from AMD I was greeted with a message saying that the AMD driver was either missing or wasn't working properly and that I should go to AMD to download and AMD "0xc000007b" drivers during of "amdkmafd.sys" BSOD install install the correct driver Obviously confused as to why it would be missing or had errors I continued to download AMD's auto driver detect tool "amdkmafd.sys" "0xc000007b" BSOD during install of AMD drivers and ran it In the 'checkbox' stage of AMD's auto detect tool I saw that under all the items was a message saying that no version of that item was installed which I "amdkmafd.sys" "0xc000007b" BSOD during install of AMD drivers found rather weird that the drivers don't exist and the culprit initially points to the windows update I just completed I continued with the install and it was at that point when I experienced the BSOD The computer didn't restart after the BSOD so after some waiting I restarted it manually It then booted into Automatic Repair and the obvious route after the computer won't start due to the missing or corrupted system driver would be to use a recovery disk or USB Sadly I have neither I have restore points but obviously can't get to them I can't use the BSOD dump analysing tool for obvious reasons Any response would be greatly appreciated

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/60086-amdkmafd-sys-0xc000007b-bsod-during-install-amd-drivers.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello, i have read up on this error, but i can't seem to find the solution . I know this post is common, but i feel i really do need assistance. The message comes up as "no device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click OK". I have no clue on what to do, and everything i've tried hasn't worked. I'm open to all solutions. Also, here is my builld: AMD Athlon II X4 740, HIS Radeon HD 7770, Apex SK-393-C - System Build - PCPartPicker. I also have a 500gb seagate harddrive.
This message occurs after the first screen, after "install now".

A:"install now" on windows 7 home premium provides me with "no device.."

Where do you buy your Windows 7 DVD from?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/314383-install-now-windows-7-home-premium-provides-me-no-device.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello - I've repeatedly tried and failed to install Service Pack 1. I have run the update readiness tool, and have run chkdsk and sfc. I've tried installing through Windows Update, as well as downloading the standalone installer from Microsoft.

The former results in an "unknown error"; the latter results in a window saying that "the specified service does not exist as an installed service" almost immediately after trying. A similar message has come up occasionally in recent days when trying to install a couple of other programs.

I'm currently out of ideas and would appreciate any help. Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/399749-sp1-wont-install-unknown-error-service-does-not-exist.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Is the time to "Upgrade from vista to 7 supposed to be wayyy longer then it would to do jsut a clean install? (For example, hanging at 18% for a while while installing during upgrade)

(posting this since i cant get any replies to a previous topic)

A:Install time difference between "Upgrade" and "Custom"

The upgrade process will always be longer, and sometimes considerably. The upgrade process has to move/relocate previous files and keep certain registry entries based on software already installed. Did the upgrade eventually complete? (it's a silly question but you could be dual booting). If not then it could be a bad burn and your systems is taking it's time trying to read the install files from the DVD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/9027-install-time-difference-between-upgrade-custom.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Is there any way to know wich of the tasks listed in Services (tru Task manager) are so important that we can't desactivate them, in order to reduce boot time?

A:Important tasks in "Service"

AFAIK all the services in task manager are important to keep your computer running.

You may find this tutorial helpful:
Optimize Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/249525-important-tasks-service.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I am putting together a small server and plan on getting this ASUSMB. It takes PC2 6400 memory.

However, there are only two DDR2 800 memory chips recommended on the ASUS website and they are 512meg chips.Here. I would rather use 1Gb, but I can live with the 512 issue.

I had planned on getting these chips.

Newegg does not carry either of the two listed by ASUS and I have never worried about this issue with other systems I have built, so I am probably going to proceed with the Kingston chips. I will be running XP with RAID hard drives.

Anybody have any advice or thoughts?

Thanks

Relevancy 77.83%

KB3102429 (Aerbaijani Manat and the Georgian Lari currency symbols added) shows as "Important Update" but it is not pre-checked for install on any of my computers as are normally all the other "Important Updates". Anyone know why, or have any issues with this recent end-of-year update (that does not seem so important)?

A:KB3102429 "Important" Update ?

Hi
No I believe it is actually a recommended update which it might show up as important if the box is checked in setting to give you Recommended updates the same way as Important ones,
Uncheck the box and it will appear in the Optional section instead.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/388295-kb3102429-important-update.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I do a lot of offline updating from my own store. Many of the updates prepare for installation by "searching for updates to this computer". I suppose this is to examine the need for and suitability of the update. The first update searches pretty quickly, but then it's very slow - something like 5 to 10 minutes for each one. I think rebooting after each update would solve the problem, but that's not practical.

I encounter this on every Win7 machine I work on. Why do these updates take so much time scanning, and what can be done about it?

A:Offline updates spend enormous time "searching for updates on this..."

Rather than doing offline updating, why not set up a WSUS server, and point the clients at that for their updates? this has the benefit of automatic collection to the store, and controlled distribution to the clients, as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/359502-offline-updates-spend-enormous-time-searching-updates.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello All,

I was referred here by NeonFx from the TechGuy Security forum. He had me run a slew of anti-virus/anti-spyware diagnostics. According to NeonFx my system is currently infection free and he states the problem lies elsewhere.

He also had me run the Windows Update FixIt tool in both Default and Aggressive mode - both of which did not fix the problem. So what is the problem??

PROBLEM:

When I run the install Windows updates, the updates do not install, and I receive the following message (not verbatim, but close):

"Some updates were unable to be installed..."

This problem "came out of no where" and there has been no suspicious activity prior to it starting other than an IE7 redirect rootkit that NeonFx helped me remove (if I recall correctly an infection of agp440)...

Stumped, stumped and stumped...

A:Problem Installing Windows Updates: "Some Updates Were Unable to be Installed"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-installing-windows-updates-some-updates-were-unable-to-be-installed.924046/
Relevancy 77.4%

Okay, here goes.

I'm working on a laptop (XPpro) that won't install the available windows updates. It downloads them and then tries to install each one and fails. I then get a list of the updates that were not installed with the ever helpful message "updates were unable to be successfully installed". I pulled the error 0x8024200e out of the windowsupdate.log file.

I have

1) tried tgal's advice in post #10 from http://forums.techguy.org/t351188&highlight=updates+unable+successfully+installed.html

2) tried justfoo's advice in post #13 from http://forums.techguy.org/t328556&highlight=updates+unable+successfully+installed.html

3) tried renaming the "Software Distribution" folder in the WINNT directory to "Software Distribution Old" and attempting update again.

None of these have solved the issue.

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks,

Raeli

A:XPpro win updates "updates were unable to be successfully installed" 0x8024200e

Have you tried the system file check:
Click Start > Run > Type in "sfc /scannow" without quotes and click ok (you need to have the Win XP CD in the CD-Rom).

The other thing to try is the Beta Update Page: http://update.microsoft.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xppro-win-updates-updates-were-unable-to-be-successfully-installed-0x8024200e.363424/
Relevancy 76.97%

My office just upgraded and I can no longer use Windows XP On this system I was able to add a separate taskbar to facilitate quick access to commonly-browsed folder locations on our vast network and another one expedited the launching of useful programs and lists Each task on each taskbar was represented with a big custom icon to save eye strain I had them installed in opposite vertical margins and they "Launchpads", to "Toolbars" for "Docks" (MSese "TASKBARS" NOT add Need were set on auto-hide to keep them out of the way when not being used Just move your mouse pointer to the left or right margin and BAM Sorry for the cliche but I really got used to the convenience of what I had set up and I just don't think I Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars" can be as efficient without anything comparable Now there appears to be nothing comparable in the Windows GUI and it's making me sick with rage I see only the option to put a quot toolbar quot on an existing quot taskbar quot and no option to create any additional taskbars This cramps up your one-and-only taskbar plus the tiny toolbar access buttons require way too much precision for anything that's supposed to be quick When you've figured out how to bring up that ridiculous button the list that it yields is small enough to cause painful eyestrain - nothing efficient much less cool about this at all I have seen customization options in other OS GUIs that may have resolved some of these issues but I see none such in W I have tried every google search string that I can think of and found no answer that deals with anything other than adding that stupid toolbar to the only taskbar that Microsoft will allow you in W So If I'm wrong and have missed some options how do I access them Otherwise I'm hoping there are developers who know what I am talking about and have software to enable the creation of separate taskbars launchpads Can anybody help with either

A:Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars"

Several possibilities here: Second taskbar in windows7? [Solved] - Windows 7 - Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/306313-need-add-taskbars-msese-launchpads-docks-not-toolbars.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi,

When our website users click on an html attachment embedded on a web-page in IE9, the download manager will not display the "Open" option. It will only display "Save" and "Cancel" which our users don't like, having to save the
html document in a folder to open it. Whereas, when downloading attachments like pdf, word etc. all three options are displayed. 

Is there any setting to tweak , which will display all the 3 options for HTML attachments as well?

A:IE9 download manager will not display "Open" option (only "Save" and "Cancel" is displayed) for downloading HTML documents.

Hi,
As you know, the Open-Save-Cancel dialog box helps you prevent your computer from affecting by virus while downloading. 
So I suggest you test to reset all zones to a lower level temporarily and then please attempt to download this html attachment again.

However, since you can normally download the other documents, I suspect there is some restriction in the website which you are trying to view. I recommend you to contact the administrator of that website if possible.
could you please send me the link of the website from where you are trying to download the html attachment?
Thanks!

We
are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this
interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3094ac49-8d49-4a60-a7cf-fb12c823e500/ie9-download-manager-will-not-display-quotopenquot-option-only-quotsavequot-and?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 76.97%

At Major-Geeks,no matter which option I decide to choose,(SAVE or DOWNLOAD),I always get what program would you like to open this with.I tried NOTEPAD and it was to small and I tried Wordpad and all I got was a bunch of secret inscriptions.Please can someone tell me how to down load this program and install it.Windows 98SE. Thanks..........Robert

A:How do I install"Hi-Jack This",I keep getting "OPEN WITH" window.

this belongs in Security

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-install-hi-jack-this-i-keep-getting-open-with-window.290636/
Relevancy 76.97%

hello wise ones the title pretty much says it all im curious to know if they are the same thing a restore a re-install im actually asking this while biting down feeling like i know the answer but i think a Is & "RESTORE" same a the Solved: thing? "RE-INSTALL" im kind of in denial im defining a reinstall as reverting back to factory condition with Solved: Is a "RE-INSTALL" & a "RESTORE" the same thing? all the bloat-ware etc where you start all over from scratch im Solved: Is a "RE-INSTALL" & a "RESTORE" the same thing? defining a restore as picking up where you left off from a back-up image that was made previously wow in denial big times i have put a lot of work into getting my system to the way i want it changes in the services settings being the biggest one of all and have installed three programs that i picked up for free and use regularly that will be inactivated if theyre uninstalled so if theyre not the same thing - and ONLY a Re-install gives you that fresh and clean feeling how on earth can i quickly revert back to my preferred settings AND re-install my programs and the ones i mentioned above the majority of my stuff is freeware but the ones i mentioned above are actually full versions that were being given away and i dont have serials for those is this even possible thanks all nbsp

A:Solved: Is a "RE-INSTALL" & a "RESTORE" the same thing?

No they aren't (fortunately) the same. Your definitions of reinstall is more or less on track provided that you mean reinstall Windows. Restoring to factory settings is a reinstall from a disk or image provided by the manufacturer. System Restore however simply roles back critical system files to a previous date, leaving programs and files intact. It does however have a limited length of time over which it can roll back.

The best thing that you can do as far as keeping your software and settings is concerned is make and store a full disk image once you first set it up. To make sure you keep your files, simply get a regular backup going.

Unfortunately you don't want your main disk image to include all the problems that necessitate a reinstall. If you have to get rid of Windows you'll have to sacrifice programs and settings because it will be those that cause the present problem. Make an image once you either diagnose and fix the problems or reinstall and personalize windows.

Don't give up on the possibility of repair for the moment. If you are worried only about freshening it up there are techniques and tools to do that for you. If you are worried about something more serious there are plenty of people here who can advise.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-is-a-re-install-a-restore-the-same-thing.963088/
Relevancy 76.97%

Installed Win 7 SP1 with media refresh from heidoc.net (X17-58997). Made it a bootable dvd with MS USB/DVD Download Tool. Booted from dvd and used "custom" install option. I did not reformat nor set partitions (this is where I maybe goofed?).

My disk mgmt ended up looking like this:

BUT, I also have a windows.old file which I understand only appears after a repair. Also, I thought System Reserved was supposed to be 100 MB and mine is 350??

So do I have a clean install or a repair install? There have been a couple of glitches (display adapter acting up and WMP initially not playing any files until I reinstalled mf.dll file).

Any comments? Help? Suggestions? Thank you in advance.

A:Confirm "clean" vs "repair" install from .iso?

With Windows.old, doesn't look like a clean install to me.

You didn't have to "format" or "set partitions", but you should have deleted ALL existing partitions on disc 0----if you wanted a clean install. Deleting all partitions turns the entire disc 0 into "unallocated space" and you then install directly to the unallocated space---without directly partitioning it.

Was your E drive disconnected when you did the install to C? E should not be "active".

I know next to nothing about Windows.old--maybe you can just delete it instead of a re-do, but a clean install is not going to have it.

I've seen System Reserved vary in size, but not sure I ever saw 350. But you should have deleted it as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/351623-confirm-clean-vs-repair-install-iso.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I am infected with this crap and have used the following tools to try to get rid of it Windows Defender Unible PowerSuite SpeedUpMyPC Registry Booster amp Spyware Protector and Norton's - "Error Worm-Popups-The Icons Netsky Cleaner" Protector" "Spyware..." Three "Privacy One Button Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." Checkup and WinDoctor Not sure if it's related but my DISPLAY is locked at X Atempted the Step Process before posting and Panda ActiveScan froze and crashed after scanning files but not before identifying spyware files Here's my extra txt log from Deckard's Deckard's System Scanner v Extra logfile - please post Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." this as an attachment with your post -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Information ---------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition build SP Architecture X Language English CPU Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Percentage of Memory in Use Physical Memory total avail MiB MiB Pagefile Memory total avail MiB MiB Virtual Memory total avail MiB MiB A is Removable No Media C is Fixed NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM CDFS PHYSICALDRIVE - ST A - GiB - partition PARTITION - Unknown - MiB PARTITION bootable - Installable File System - GiB - C -- Security Center ------------------------------------------------------------- AUOptions is scheduled to auto-install Windows Internal Firewall is disabled AntiVirusDisableNotify is set FirewallDisableNotify is set FW Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation AV Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy DomainProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy StandardProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE Enabled LEXPPS EXE quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe Enabled LimeWire quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe Enabled Yahoo Messenger quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe Enabled Yahoo FT Server quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe Enabled Windows Messenger quot quot C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohCli... Read more

A:Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..."

Bump.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/netsky-worm-popups-the-three-icons-error-cleaner-privacy-protector-spyware-207223.html
Relevancy 76.54%

i have a dell inspiron 6400 with the built in restore option (Ctrl +F11... or something)
i split my hard drive manual with partition magic.

i wanted to know, if i will restor my system will the hard disk goes back to one, or will it stay split?

A:install <span id="EBSpanHighlighter" style="background-color: Fuchsia; color: black;"

it'll stay split unless you actually delete the 2nd partition. Just reinstall on c: & you'll be fine

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/install-span-id-ebspanhighlighter-style-background-color-fuchsia-color-black.612210/
Relevancy 76.11%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has report viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" Whole Solved: (PLEASE computer .. event have anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R GM Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc FF HWPLLB CN S Antivirus McAfee VirusScan Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Disable nbsp

A:Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please.981934/
Relevancy 76.11%

I double-click and get "search" instead of "open"--only when I click a disk, like Hard Drive C: or Floppy A: or CD F: and so on.

It didn't used to do this, so I must've inadvertently changed some setting somewhere, but darned if I can find it now.

Any ideas?

A:Solved: On the "my computer" list, I double-click on disks and get "search" instead of "open"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-on-the-my-computer-list-i-double-click-on-disks-and-get-search-instead-of-open.407035/
Relevancy 76.11%

like in the last post i made i made a video since its easy on me then typing.

Windows 7 Bootcamp. Updates stuck - Video Dailymotion

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/397432-windows-7-updates-stuck-checking-updates-bootcamp.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi all Working on an older Dell laptop for a friend ghz single-core GB RAM and cannot seem to get Windows Update to work it will take hours to quot check for Updates" "Check 7 For Windows slow/failing updates? updates quot and then find some I select the ones I want install them it claims they are quot successful quot and that the computer requires a restart I restart to find they Windows 7 "Check For Updates" slow/failing updates? fail Windows 7 "Check For Updates" slow/failing updates? as the computer is restarting and that they continue failing as the computer comes back up after reboot I then check for updates again and get the same issue It seems to install one or two updates each time but the rest seem to fail I know this as the owner has dial-up I know right o and upon this last failure cycle I now see the Win quot reserve your copy quot panel under Windows Update which was never there before I've tried a few things in a few other threads including installing the December Windows Update update patch manually and I am still getting this issue Any help would be greatly appreciated

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/389682-windows-7-check-updates-slow-failing-updates.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I think the "updates freezing" issue has come up in another thread and apologies if it has, but I can't find it momentarily.

The screen shots show what I've been looking at for two days now. Obviously something is amiss with Automatic Update but I dunno what, or what to do about it.

Any advice, help????

Mods, please feel free to move me to the other thread I suspect exists.

Cheers

ausgumbie

A:Windows Updates - Stuck on "Downloading updates 37%" for 2 days!

G'day mate!

Have a look here.

Windows Update stuck downloading updates in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/18005-windows-updates-stuck-downloading-updates-37-2-days.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music report (PLEASE event have HELP) Whole .. viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" computer and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP) drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP)

**(DONT KNOW IF THIS WILL HELP..)***

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2250 @ 1.73GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 502 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family, 224 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 39723 MB, Free - 23484 MB; D: Total - 12684 MB, Free - 3633 MB;

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please-help.981932/
Relevancy 75.25%

ok!!!!!!!!!! what is it and how do i fix it,,,, eyes crossed knees woobly help?????????????????????

A:[Solved] mplay32.exe,1"/play/close"%L"." and sndrec32.exe"%L"."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-mplay32-exe-1-play-close-l-and-sndrec32-exe-l.197498/
Relevancy 74.82%

I have a SOUND BLASTER X-FI which has been working properly for about a year since I installed it.
With no warning, I have lost all sound to the device - it neither plays sound or picks it up.
The motherboard sound is still working fine, so its not a huge issue, but it would b e nice to get my sound card back up.

(More recently one of DVD players stopped being detected as well - just adding that in case it's related)

I'm using a machine with an i7 quad core - window 7 64 bitinstalled

The hardware properties says it working properly, yet it fails any of the tests I use.
When I try to launch the applications that came with it (e.g. Creative Start) it says the hardware device associated is not installed - but in device manager it says it is there, which is confusing.

Any thoughts?

A:Solved: Sound Blaster X-FI "working properly" yet no input or output

"Device Manager" is a misleading name as it's really a "Driver Manager" in that it gets all it's info from the driver, and provided it's the correct driver, DM will tell you it's working okay even when the actual hardware has become faulty or even died altogether. So you must not always believe what DM tells you in regard to the actual state of the hardware, specially when other testing utilities tell you otherwise.

My guess is you're X-Fi has bitten the dust, just not in a way that DM is able to sense.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sound-blaster-x-fi-working-properly-yet-no-input-or-output.1016888/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi folks First off thanks in advance to anyone tring to help me with this I really appreciate it I ve looked at other examples here of this to properly power After programs several "failed (0xc0150004)". initialize outage, quot xc quot problem but they all seem pretty machine specific So here s my situation I had a split-second power outage yesterday and after my computer re-booted Outlook exe Reader sl exe Groovemonitor exe and Onenotem exe all quot failed to initialize properly xc c quot So I ran chkdsk and that seemed to fix it for a few After power outage, several programs "failed to initialize properly (0xc0150004)". hours But all of a sudden when trying to open Outlook I got the same message only this time the error code was quot xc quot So I ran chkdsk again and when my computer re-booted this time all the same stuff Outlook exe Reader sl exe etc quot failed to initialize properly quot only this time the error code was different yet again xc Here s my HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files PeerGuardian pg exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exe C Program Files Sygate SPF smc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SSU EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Hijackthis HiJackThis v exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run SkyTel SkyTel EXE O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run SmcService quot C PROGRA Sygate SPF smc exe quot -startgui O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update quot C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run SpySweeper C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exe startintray O... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-power-outage-several-programs-failed-to-initialize-properly-0xc0150004.589657/
Relevancy 74.82%

Yesterday my computer went crazy I have a Dell Latitude D running Win Xp Professional Version SP At the end of my shift I had &quot;read&quot; turn Internet connection, off won't [SOLVED] Lost USB pen properly, won't many [SOLVED] Lost Internet connection, won't turn off properly, won't &quot;read&quot; USB pen windows open in Rockmelt and Google Crome and I just closed the When I came home I opened the lid and waited for like min and the only thing I saw was a quot on quot blask screen I held in the power button to turn off the computer Turned it on and after that I lost Internet connection both cable and wireless The PC won't read USB pen It won't turn off properly and up in a blue screen and stays there Lost also sound on the computer I have tried the following sollutions - Tried to reset TCP IP but it just hangs up - Tried to uninstall sound driver just hangs up - Tried to uninstall network adapters but just hangs there I have not installed any new programs for ages Any sollutions to this massive brake down Regards Kjetil

A:[SOLVED] Lost Internet connection, won't turn off properly, won't &quot;read&quot; USB pen

Boot off of the Windows Disc Or download the Recovery Console ISO. Burn it to CD with IMGBurn Boot off of the CD and get to the Recovery Console. Here type chkdsk /R and press enter. The Check Disk utility will try and fix any file errors.
You can also download the ISO image for Drive Fitness Test in my signature and burn the image to a CD using IMGBurn also in my signature and boot off of the newly created CD and run the short and extended tests on the HDD to test the integrity of the drive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-lost-internet-connection-wont-turn-off-properly-wont-and-quot-read-and-quot-usb-pen-624269.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I am having serious issues with my computer skippin or locking up I keep getting messages from my AVG pc tune up to fix problems properly. reports working "BHDrvx64" device Windows that is Solved: the not concerning a device not working properly quot Windows reports that the quot BHDrvx quot device is not working properly quot Problem is under those suggestions to update this missing driver it will not let me update and I get the option to start it but when I press the start button it gives me a message that quot access is denied quot I ran IObit sysexplorer to diagnose instability and performance problems with the computer The following is the results Advanced SystemCare Diagnose Report v Date ---------------------------------- - Operating System ---------------------------------- - Operating System Windows Home Premium Solved: Windows reports that the "BHDrvx64" device is not working properly. -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - - Language English Regional Setting English - BIOS BIOS Date Ver AMI APTIO - Processor Intel R Core TM i - QM CPU GHz CPUs GHz - Memory MB RAM - Available OS Memory MB RAM - Page File MB used MB available - Windows Dir C windows - DirectX Version DirectX - DX Setup Parameters Not found - User DPI Setting Using System DPI - System DPI Setting DPI percent - DWM DPI Scaling Disabled - DxDiag Version ---------------------------------- - Processor ---------------------------------- - Caption Intel R Core TM i - QM CPU GHz x MHz - Current Clock Speed MHz - L -Cache KB - L -Cache MB - L -Cache MB ---------------------------------- - Video Adapter ---------------------------------- - Card Name Intel R HD Graphics Family - Manufacturer Intel Corporation - Chip Type Intel R HD Graphics Family - DAC Type Internal - Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS FC amp REV - Display Memory MB - AdapterRAM N A - Current Mode x bit Hz - Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor - Driver Name igdumd dll igd umd dll igd umd dll igdumdx igd umd igd umd - Driver Version - Driver Language English - DDI Version - Driver Model WDDM - Driver Beta False - Driver Debug False - Driver Date - Driver Size - VDD n a - Mini VDD n a - Mini VDD Date n a - Mini VDD Size - Device Identifier D B E - - CF-F B- ADCA C C - Vendor ID x - Device ID x - SubSys ID xFC - Revision ID x - Driver Strong Name oem inf Intel Mfg NTamd iSNBM C ci ven amp dev amp subsys fc - Rank Of Driver E - Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C ModeWMV C ModeVC C - Deinterlace Caps BF EF - CC - A-BE B- BD CAEEE F Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoProcess AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech EdgeFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoProcess AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoProcess AlphaBlend BF EF - CC - A-BE B- BD CAEEE F Format In Out UYVY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoProcess AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech EdgeFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoProcess AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out UYVY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoProcess AlphaBlend BF EF - CC - A-BE B- BD CAEEE F Format In Out YV YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoProcess AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech EdgeFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YV YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoProcess AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTe... Read more

A:Solved: Windows reports that the "BHDrvx64" device is not working properly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-reports-that-the-bhdrvx64-device-is-not-working-properly.1072022/
Relevancy 74.82%

> Am unable to launch Internet Explorer in Normal mode - error message "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022)"
> Am however able to launch Widows Explorer in Safe mode.
> On restarting Computer from Safe Mode to Normal Mode, Windows Defender proceeds to block intrusive program with file path C:\Program Data\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Digital Line Detect.Ink
> I then deselected Digital Line Detect.Ink in msconfig Startup tab.
> On restarting computer/Internet Explorer, same error message received ""The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022)"

Requesting for advise/assistance in resolving this issue and successfully launching Internet Explorer. Much appreciated.

A:Error message "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022)"

The next time you get the error msg, look at the details.

I forget exactly how, but you get to a dialog with a description and data listed in a lower pane. On that dialog is an icon with a paper-page. Clicking the icon will copy all the data to the Clipboard. Now paste into Notepad and SAVE.

Examine the data. You can also copy paste the text into a reply on this thread.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/error-message-the-application-failed-to-initialize-properly-0xc0000022-282529.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Any quick help would be greatly appreciated I was to was error start unable message properly "Application (0xc0150004)" trying to fix some BSOD's and windows update issues on a friend's pc I thought i was successful until i kept getting quot Setup has detected that NET Framework needs to be repaired Do not restart your computer until the repair is complete quot After some research I thought I could resolve the issue with the net framework cleanup tool After attempting that now I get the quot Application was unable to start properly xc quot error message The only program "Application was unable to start properly (0xc0150004)" error message I've been able to start has been IE This also means I wasn't able to run the BSOD tool you guys provide for posting I've tried startup repair more than a couple times Also tried system restore from the windows recovery environment and it said it was unable to complete of the time when trying to get into the recovery environment or just the regular system I get an quot irql less or not eual quot blue screen When i originally started working on the pc i cleaned a bunch of viruses off or so i thought I have a sneaking suspicion that this issue was caused by a virus with a sneaky backdoor and is masquerading as some net files the system was built by my friend and has Asus p ql pro MOBO Intel core duo currently gigs mem x gb corsair NVIDIA GeForce GS and a WD HD I hope I've given some good starting information Thanks

A:"Application was unable to start properly (0xc0150004)" error message

Any chance someone can reply to this to let me know whether this post was even seen...

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/184402-application-unable-start-properly-0xc0150004-error-message.html
Relevancy 74.82%

basically when i click a link from google it links to some random search engine websites or, more often, obvious virus websites, iv done some googling and people have told me to delete whats in the extensions folder in mozilla install directory, i have done and it did nothing.

A:mozilla has been "hijacked" and links dont work properly

You want to remove mozilla.
go for control panel click add remove program after that select mozilla after that select remove button.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/mozilla-has-been-hijacked-and-links-dont-work-properly-368877.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Im trying to get an audio chat working with a friend of mine in Windows Live messenger, but none of my mic's work. I have 2, and neither one works at all. When I try to set them up in the "audio recognition" in the control panel, the wizard wont start, and it says to make sure my audio hardware is working properly, but everything seems to be in working order.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:MIcrophone's wont work. "Audio not working properly"?

Originally Posted by Venter127

Im trying to get an audio chat working with a friend of mine in Windows Live messenger, but none of my mic's work. I have 2, and neither one works at all. When I try to set them up in the "audio recognition" in the control panel, the wizard wont start, and it says to make sure my audio hardware is working properly, but everything seems to be in working order.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

if you right click your audio icon in the taskbar, and select recording devices, this window will show up.

make sure your microphone is selected as a default device and the microphone itself is plugged into the "red" jack on your computer

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/233874-microphones-wont-work-audio-not-working-properly.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I've recently been getting this message when playing Rust and Sniper Elite V2, I also get it if I bump my computer desk too hard. I tried the "Last Known Good Configuration" fix but it didn't work, and I tried the "Repair Your Computer" option, but when I get to the log-in part, my keyboard won't work. I've had the computer for a few months but the problem only occurred a few weeks ago, and and has only been a serious issue this past week.

A:"Windows Error Recovery" System did not shut down properly

Hello and welcome Best Noob soem system specs would be very helpful mate and also try reseating all cables cards and sticks.
System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/334068-windows-error-recovery-system-did-not-shut-down-properly.html
Relevancy 74.82%

"Attempting to cope the disk "REINA ALEJ" failed. Make sure your CD drive or Internet connection is working properly and try again."

I have an Ipod Classic, 80 GB.
I've tried syncing it so many times, i've restored it too. & nothing seems to work,
just this message keeps showing up.

http://i55.tinypic.com/1z3a4cm.jpg - Here's the link of a photo on what the message says.

But i'll write it out for you as well,
"Attempting to cope the disk "REINA ALEJ" failed. Make sure your CD drive or Internet connection is working properly and try again."

I don't understand what it means or why it comes up?
How can i get music into my ipod?

I dont understand why it comes up because when i put music into my two itouches, it's fine.

A:Itunes says my "CD drive or Internet connection is working properly", what do i do?

Perhaps, you may need to reinstall iTunes?
-shadow6224

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-says-my-cd-drive-or-internet-connection-is-working-properly-what-do-i-do.985291/
Relevancy 74.82%

Although my computer modem and internet was working all fine, after I boot it up again with fresh windows 7 ultimate, while creating new network connection, it shows whether modem is connected and is power on? where the problem might be.. help appreciated.

A:the "local area connection" adapter is not working properly

quick help and reply hoped...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/119623-local-area-connection-adapter-not-working-properly.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I was running VCE (Virtual Certification Examination) on a system with Processor 2.4 GHz and 224 MB of RAM and OS Windows Xp Sp2. The client runs successfully but designer and the server gives an error something like this:

"Application failed to initialize properly (0xc0005 or some this type of code). Click OK toterminate."

A friend of mine has suggested that RAM is less than needed. So, I tested on another system with 512 MB of RAM, where I got no errors.

Then I got another idea but I don't n know about its feasibility. The environment where I have to run VCE is a workgroup of 12 PCs each with 64 MB of RAM. Just like we can share CD-ROM drive, printer and scanner in a workgroup, cannot we share RAM of all these PCs to fullfill the requirement of VCE? 12 x 64 will give me a 768 MB of RAM. Is there any way out, please do share ASAP.

Regards.

A:VCE gives error "application failed to initialize properly...0xc00005"

There is no way to share Ram like you are hoping to do, sorry

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/vce-gives-error-application-failed-to-initialize-properly-0xc00005-694539.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Windows 7's "Search Programs and Files" is not functioning properly,
it searches some folders, but ignores some others (which are newer), and when I choose "search again in: computer" it finds the ignored folders.
any comments would be highly appreciated

A:Windows 7's "Search Programs and Files" is not functioning properly

Hi,

I suggest downloading Hotfix from the URL mentioned, which can fix the issue: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977380

Article ID: 977380

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/261465-windows-7s-search-programs-files-not-functioning-properly.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Let me give some quick background on my situation I installed a rather old years Hauppauge WinTV-FM tuner card into my machine and downloaded and is "No properly hardware (allegedly) but working Device" Audio installed the latest drivers straight from the manufacturer Installation resulted in a "No Audio Device" but hardware is (allegedly) working properly BSOD with an error in STREAM SYS I tried the installation a second time after restart why I couldn t tell you with the same result Initially after the fubar ed install I had maybe five different highlighted items in Device Manager with some sort of error including my optical drives and sound card Since then I have removed the tuner card and gotten Device Manager to recognize all hardware as installed and working properly However as stated in the title of this post I can t get any sound or even select a default audio device see attachments I ve tried uninstalling the sound card via DM and even went so far as to manually delete all drivers listed in Driver Details so XP could rebuild them all from scratch I ve set the BIOS sound card setting from Auto to Enable I think it s some sort of quot residue quot from the botched hardware install I m just having a hell of a time pinpointing what actually is corrupted I ve been poking and prodding this thing for two days with no luck Any help is greatly appreciated -Kyle nbsp

A:"No Audio Device" but hardware is (allegedly) working properly

I figured it out. I had to reinstall the PnP Software Enumerator as described here.

Hopefully, this thread shortens the search for people in the same situation!

-Kyle

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-device-but-hardware-is-allegedly-working-properly.691241/