Windows Support Forum

After successfully installing 9 important updates, have lost Internet

Q: After successfully installing 9 important updates, have lost Internet

To Windows Forum Community HELP I hope this is the correct place to post this If not please tell me which sub-forum successfully installing important 9 After lost updates, Internet have would be suitable I assumed I need help with the update as the problem occurred after I did important updates I read your suggestions so here is my responses All see step error codes Installed successfully so there are no error codes to report I cannot download SURT as there is now no Internet access since the updates were installed Details follow After having just installed on my Laptop i computer running OS x WIndows Professional---- important updates I always wait a while before doing that in case After successfully installing 9 important updates, have lost Internet something is wrong for others to find the error and make a patch These were from - - at least that is the date they were downloaded into the computer waiting for me to manually install them by pressing Install button on the shutdown box Of course I'm having trouble Everything went fine with the download installing process until I tried to use the web I tried many times using Windows Explorer but I also tried Chrome and lost all my prior browsing sessions which I try to retain as both IE and Chrom browsers said it could not find an internet connection It automatically launched the Windows troubleshooter or maybe I did it After successfully installing 9 important updates, have lost Internet I don't remember at this point Windows Troubleshooter says quot Troubleshooting has completed quot quot Troubleshooting After successfully installing 9 important updates, have lost Internet was unable to automatically fix all of the issues found You can find the details below quot quot Problems found quot quot Diagnosis of the problem is not possible quot And worst of all the troubleshooter began all by itself as Windows announced quot this device is broken quot The Connection graph on right side task bar shows not only mine but all of my neighbor's wi fi connections saying all are working and says both of mine are working I have both wi fi regular quot quot and the newer quot quot band dual band wireless broadband connection I transferred back and forth between them and still I cannot get even the Microsoft com page to load Therefore how can I go to Microsoft com to search for quot solutions quot or ask for help It took a while to figure out how to get this message out to you my other computer is a old old Apple which of course is not allowed to visit and post on those Microsoft Community pages I was given several options by Windows troubleshooter contact a friend who Locally I'm the one people ask me about their computer problems Or go online and ask for help well that's impossible now Or contact the Microsoft Windows Community with my Apple computer no way I have restarted the laptop several times Tried even ctl alt del method and power button methods of suddenly cutting it off so maybe it would do a self-test or something to fix itself but comes back everytime with full bars on the internet symbol on the bottom task area yet says it cannot find the internet anymore I'm happy to know of your Forum which helped me in the past and hoping that someone out there can understand all of these English worded error messages without my usual screen shots or details as I cannot get the information off the computer other than by physically typing it here and guide me without remote access to the computer or tell me what to do to restore web access so I can fix this Unfortunately I can't quot telephone quot the web for help anymore like we used to do back in the dial up days Its all broadband cable only Thanks XP VM USER Sorry about the name I never thought about it I can't change my User name from last time and can't double register due to your rules about one registration per Email address apologies for the errant quot quot marks I am not using a word processor at all to post

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: After successfully installing 9 important updates, have lost Internet

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: After successfully installing 9 important updates, have lost Internet

I think your best route of action at this point is to do a system restore back to before it installed the updates; as those updates may not necessairly be suitable for your system. Just because microsoft puts out updates via windows update; doesnt always mean they are compatible with your system. I would do a system restore to before you updated all 9 items; and if you can; upload or post what those 9 items are and we can go from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/316112-after-successfully-installing-9-important-updates-have-lost-internet.html
Relevancy 87.72%

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS STILL AN ONGOING PROBLEM Thank you updates! Not not Browsers Internet installing important working! Hello my name is Shane So about a year ago I got a average gaming computer windows and all that jazz Here's the info Manufacturer Cybertron PC Processor AMD FX - Quad-Core Processor GHz RAM GB -bit Operating System If you Not installing important updates! Internet Browsers not working! need more info please ask So for about the first months I was really enjoying it Started to get on and off Living life leaving the Not installing important updates! Internet Browsers not working! computer for a while So over time I stopped using it and left it alone for about two whole months Didn't even turn it on at all I got carried away with sports Education and what not Than I try to get on my PC to maybe game a little after months of not being on once Everything runs normally on the start up I try to launch Google chrome and it just says oops Google chrome is not working It would show two windows and just stop the application So I look for updates and there are about of them of them wouldn't install So I make a new user and delete the old one Now I have internet explorer which won't even open These are the two updates Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows for x - based Systems MB Internet Explorer for windows for x -based Systems MB I'm not a computer genius but I think these updates are restricting me from launching Internet Explorer Please help If you need any more information please ask for it and I will be happy to provide you with it Again I'm not a windows genius Haha

A:Not installing important updates! Internet Browsers not working!

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/558949/not-installing-important-updates-internet-browsers-not-working/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello I have a question for you regarding and Windows Updates with Windows I notice I am having problems with Themselves Windows in 7??? Win Keep Successfully Updates Re-installing Windows Update repeatedly not never ending trying to re-install the Windows Updates Keep Re-installing Themselves Successfully in Win 7??? same Windows Updates when I click on quot Check for updates quot The updates are Security Update for Windows KB Security Update for Windows KB These updates are The Windows updates shows they were 'successful' under quot View Update History quot under quot Windows Updates Keep Re-installing Themselves Successfully in Win 7??? Windows Update quot Interestingly in quot Uninstall an update quot under quot Programs and Features quot Windows Updates Keep Re-installing Themselves Successfully in Win 7??? there are no Windows updates listed at all Hmmm Maybe this can help recently I installed more memory that triggered a Windows activation again Just prior to the memory installation I had the latest Windows Updates all installed at the time Now it seems the Windows Update lists seem to have been reset in some way after the reactivation Does this help at all Any ideas or reasons what is going on Any solutions Please help If you need any further input please reply I will provide it for you to assist in finding the reason and potential solutions Thank you

A:Windows Updates Keep Re-installing Themselves Successfully in Win 7???

Should be simple to solve
Set update to notify, only
Then when notified right click on update and then hide.
The crisis should be over
Windows Update Settings - Change
Windows Update - Hide or Restore Hidden Updates
Good luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/137651-windows-updates-keep-re-installing-themselves-successfully-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I was gong thru my history of installed updates and all thruout the history I see that windows vista service pack 1 was trying to install but it failed every time,my question is, do I need to work on getting that installed, it says that it is a important update.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/important-updates-not-installing-317332.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I have been having this problem for a couple of months now. I currently have 25 Important and 5 Optional Windows Updates downloaded onto my computer, but when I restart/shut-down, the updates fail. It usually ends with the message "Windows update failure; reverting (or reconfiguring) changes" or something like that. Then I can log in and use my computer like normal.

I have been ignoring the issue since everything was working until recently. I have started to notice things are slower (Internet Explorer, Chrome) and updates for Avast and other programs seem to get stopped before they can begin. For example, Avast is now telling me I have no internet connection, even though I am watching youtube videos while I try to update Avast.

Please let me know how to get these updates to install properly. I hope that fixing them will also resolve some of my other issues.

Thanks

A:25 Important Windows Updates not Installing correctly

Hello,With Windows Update issues on the of first things to do is check for any corrupt system files/WU files, as these can be the often cause for WU to fail.Please follow the instructions Here to run the System Update Readiness Tool. When the SURT finishes installing, copy (Ctrl + C) and paste (Ctrl + V) the contents of the SURT log into your next post please:C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.logC:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.persist.logSFC /SCANNOWClick on the button. Inside the search box type in CMDRight click on CMD => Choose Run as AdministratorInside the Command Prompt windows copy and paste the following command SFC /SCANNOWPlease wait for this to Finish before continuing with the rest of the steps.Convert CBS.log to CBS.txtClick on the button => Inside the search box copy and paste the following command:cmd /c copy %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log "%userprofile%\Desktop\cbs.txt"Press EnterOnce this has completed please go to your Desktop and you will find CBS.txt => Please upload CBS.txt to this threadPlease Note:: if the file is too big to upload to you next post please upload via Dropbox or One Drive

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562923/25-important-windows-updates-not-installing-correctly/
Relevancy 73.1%

Firstly If this is in the wrong section I apologize I'm & Installing 80004005 Help - Updates Errors 'Important' 80073712 new I've been trying to do these updates now for several months I get the same errors everytime and each time I turn off my PC i get quot installing updates quot I'll be honest I don't know what the updates are for or when they even do My computers working fine without the updates but it bugs me to know they're there and I can't do anything I have looked into it in the past but always ended up giving Help Installing 'Important' Updates - Errors 80004005 & 80073712 up on it I joined the forum yesterday and The Guy member resolved my issue withing a couple of hours and his reply was the first one I'm not totally dumb with computers I know my way around one I've done graphic design before php mySQL c HTML Java CSS etc so I'm not 'blonde' as the UK would say Anyways back onto the error I've uploaded a couple of pictures I Help Installing 'Important' Updates - Errors 80004005 & 80073712 get the error within about minutes of clicking to update so don't know where its going wrong When I click on 'Windows Update' first thing I see Around to minutes after clicking 'Install updates' I get this Review important updates Review optional updates I have clicked the quot get help with this error quot but then it brings the quot windows help quot box up showing completely different errors which are not any of the above Any Help Installing 'Important' Updates - Errors 80004005 & 80073712 help appreciated amp as said above sorry if its in wrong section just report it and I'm sure a moderator will move it to the correct section

A:Help Installing 'Important' Updates - Errors 80004005 & 80073712

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/283610-help-installing-important-updates-errors-80004005-80073712-a.html
Relevancy 73.1%

i am having problems installing most microsoft updates that become available am using windows xp home edition here is the error i recieve when trying to install m s s e quot Can't complete the microsoft security essentials installation wizard An error has prevented the microsoft security essentials installation wizard from continuing Please restart your computer and try again quot and i have quot The microsoft security essentials installation wizard has returned your computer to it's original state quot Error code Ox I also have the following windows updates that will not install Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Jscript for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Outlook Express for Windows XP KB Cumulative Security Update for ActiveX Killbits for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Update for Windows XP KB and microsoft other important installing security updates essentials not Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Update for microsoft essentials and other important security updates not installing Windows XP KB Security Update for microsoft essentials and other important security updates not installing Windows XP KB Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP microsoft essentials and other important security updates not installing KB Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Cumulative Security Update for ActiveX Killbits for Windows XP KB here are my logs DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Owner at on Fri Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Documents and Settings Owner Local Settings Application Data TheWeatherNetwork WeatherEye WeatherEye exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe Updater AdobeUpdater exe C WINDOWS system lxbtcoms exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files VideoLAN VLC vlc exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local mURLSearchHooks H - No File BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Ask Toolbar d c f- a- -a ad- d - c program files ask com GenericAskToolbar dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - No File TB Ask Toolbar d c f- a- -a ad- d - c program files ask com GenericAskToolbar dll TB BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - No File TB C E A- F - E-B E- B - No File TB BC FFE -DE F- FA-B -AAD B F - No File TB A A -BACC- D - - A E E - No File uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun msnmsgr quot c program files windows live ... Read more

A:microsoft essentials and other important security updates not installing

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seemingly abate.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by a helper.

Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

* Ensure you have disabled all antivirus and antimalware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Get help here

Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

Please re-enable your antivirus before posting the ComboFix.txt log.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/microsoft-essentials-and-other-important-security-updates-not-installing-470067.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I just uninstalled Office 2010 using the uninstaller and the Windows updater keeps installing important updates for it ~300 MB at a time. How do I stop this?

A:Windows keeps installing important updates for uninstalled Office 2010

Which uninstaller did you use? The one in control panel > programs and features or something else? If programs and features you could try using the official Microsoft Fix it tool.

How to uninstall or remove Microsoft Office 2010 suites

If still having issues you can try using the free 30 day trial version of Revo > forced uninstall option.

Revo Uninstaller Pro - Uninstall Software, Remove Programs easily, Forced Uninstall

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/274552-windows-keeps-installing-important-updates-uninstalled-office-2010-a.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hey guys,

Tonight i built and set up the aforementioned Nuc pc and installed windows 7. However some of the drivers arent installing like the integrated hd 5500 graphics driver and the engine management one. These 2 pop up in my windows update as "important updates" but i get failed messages when i try and install them.

Thank you,

A:Intel NUC5i3RYH, Windows 7 Update not installing important updates

I regard Windows Update as a last resort for installing drivers, and suggest installing the drivers supplied by Intel for the board:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/83257/Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC5i3RYH

If you have had driver installs fail, it may be necessary to boot into Safe Mode and delete failed installations from Device Manager and install again if you continue to have installs fail.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/622423/intel-nuc5i3ryh-windows-7-update-not-installing-important-updates/
Relevancy 67.51%

WU has "Successfully" installed these two updates about repeatedly since 14Feb2012

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 on XP, Server 2003, Vista, Windows 7, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2 for x64 (KB2656351)

Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 on XP, Server 2003, Vista, Windows 7Server 2008, Server 2008 R2 for x64 (KB2600217)

Presumably not, or why would it keep on "Successfully?" downloading and installing them? It happens every 2 or 3 times I shut down the computer.

A:[SOLVED] WU keeps "Successfully" installing the same 2 updates.

Repeated prompts for updates usually occur when Windows doesn't recognize their install and MS has some Fixits for problematic updates or .NET Framework updates that you could try.

Windows Update or Microsoft Update repeatedly offers the same update

Download .NET Framework Repair Tool from Official Microsoft Download Center

Installing updates for the Microsoft .NET Framework 4 can take longer than expected in some scenarios

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-wu-keeps-and-quot-successfully-and-quot-installing-the-same-2-updates-692695.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Join Date Nov win pro posts Local Time PM I have a Dell XPS Z laptop with GB of RAM x GHz processors and GB hard drive which is only about half full The operating system is Windows Pro All updates are current I have Kaspersky anti-virus malware bytes amp spybot search and destroy All of which say the computer is clean I have repeatedly successfully installed Windows updates Update for Microsoft NET Framework on XP Server Vista Windows Server Server R for x KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework on XP Server Vista Windows Server Server R for x KB Then within a a few minutes I am notified that new updates are available The same ones Just to make sure the update were truly successful I have reinstalled them several times with the same result Occasionally there are other Windows updates included along with my two familiar ones The others install fine and install new updates Windows re-flagged updates 2 as successfully, I never hear anything more about them But the two above will soon come back as new updates available Though I can 2 Windows updates install successfully, re-flagged as new updates certainly ignore responding to these update notifications it would be kind and nice to get it fixed Thanks Larry

A:2 Windows updates install successfully, re-flagged as new updates

Right click on the ones you already have (when they show up again) and 'hide' them. That will stop the nuisance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/312874-2-windows-updates-install-successfully-re-flagged-new-updates.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I ve got Office Student Edition all installed minus Outlook I haven t done any updates to it I did not install the Microsoft GDI Detection tool And I only updates? MS are Critical important How included Windows Are they Updates? Office in visit Windows Update not Microsoft Update and install the critical updates under custom install I m wondering Are the updates for MS Office that are critical security things included when you do Windows Update For How important are MS Office updates? Are they included in Windows Critical Updates? example there are a number of things listed here towards the bottom http isc sans org diary html storyid -- would those have been included in the last batch of critical Windows updates Do you need the GDI thing to do Office Updates When you go to the Office Updates site it wants you to install and run some kind of Active X thing Is this necessary And can it How important are MS Office updates? Are they included in Windows Critical Updates? cause any problems Can doing critical Office updates separate from whatever if anything that comes with Windows Update cause any problems or conflicts with other How important are MS Office updates? Are they included in Windows Critical Updates? things on your computer Thanks for the help nbsp

A:How important are MS Office updates? Are they included in Windows Critical Updates?

bloomcounty said:

I've got Office 2003 Student Edition (all installed, minus Outlook). I haven't done any updates to it. I did not install the Microsoft GDI+ Detection tool. And I only visit Windows Update (not Microsoft Update) and install the critical updates under custom install.

I'm wondering:

1. Are the updates for MS Office that are critical security things included when you do Windows Update? (For example, there are a number of things listed here towards the bottom: http://isc.sans.org/diary.html?storyid=2232 -- would those have been included in the last batch of critical Windows updates?

2. Do you need the GDI+ thing to do Office Updates?

3. When you go to the Office Updates site, it wants you to install and run some kind of Active X thing. Is this necessary? And can it cause any problems?

4. Can doing critical Office updates (separate from whatever, if anything, that comes with Windows Update) cause any problems or conflicts with other things on your computer?

Thanks for the help!Click to expand...

1. No. You either do Windows update and Office update, or you do Microsoft update, which does both at once.

2. I think so, but I am not positive. If you need it, it will install it, or, if you decline, you may not get updates. One way to find out, try it.

3. I don't think it will do the updates without it. Again, try it. It never caused any problems for me having it.

4. I can't guarantee that, nor can anyone else. Sometimes these "hotfixes" cause problems. Wait at least a few days after release to update was my motto. If there were any problems, you may hear about them, giving you the option to wait for that "fix" and, it gives MS time to be notified and correct it. Hopefully.

For what it's worth, I always kept my XP updated, waiting a few days after the release of course.
Hope this helps.
RootbeaR

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-important-are-ms-office-updates-are-they-included-in-windows-critical-updates.546066/
Relevancy 61.49%

I've got Office Student Edition all installed minus Outlook I haven't done any updates to it I did not install the Microsoft GDI Detection tool And I only visit Windows Update not Microsoft Update and install the critical updates under custom install I'm wondering Are the updates for MS Office that are critical security things included when you do Windows Update For example there are a number of things listed here towards the bottom http isc sans org diary html storyid -- would those have been included in the last batch of critical Windows updates Do you need the GDI thing to do Office Updates When you go to the Office Updates site it wants you to install and run some kind of Active X thing Is this necessary And can it cause any problems Can doing critical Office updates separate from whatever if anything that comes with Windows Update cause any problems or conflicts with other things on your computer Thanks for the help

A:How Important Are Ms Office Updates? Are They Included In Windows Critical Updates?

I don't have that detection tool either. At least some of the office updates are available through the windows update feature. You can also navigate to the Office updates site from the windows update site. There are no problems with installing the office updates separately. In fact, I generally download only 1 or 2 updates at a time as I am on dial-up.

Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/82313/how-important-are-ms-office-updates-are-they-included-in-windows-critical-updates/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi

Noticed this month that I suddenly had a lot of important updates to install when I check Windows update. Under important updates I have the likes of:

KB3055999 - Update APN database entry for SaskTel (Canada) in Windows 8.1 and 8
KB3045634 - You cannot make a PPP connection after you reconnect a PLC device in Windows 8.1 or Windows 8

The article for both of these states: Provided as an Optional update for Windows 8.1 and Windows RT 8.1

Wondering why I have these and others listed as Important?

Thanks

Win 8.1

A:Optional updates listed under important updates

They are "only" important, so they are optional. "Critical" updates are not optional. MS-speak at its finest.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/67262-optional-updates-listed-under-important-updates.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Okay, here goes.

I'm working on a laptop (XPpro) that won't install the available windows updates. It downloads them and then tries to install each one and fails. I then get a list of the updates that were not installed with the ever helpful message "updates were unable to be successfully installed". I pulled the error 0x8024200e out of the windowsupdate.log file.

I have

1) tried tgal's advice in post #10 from http://forums.techguy.org/t351188&highlight=updates+unable+successfully+installed.html

2) tried justfoo's advice in post #13 from http://forums.techguy.org/t328556&highlight=updates+unable+successfully+installed.html

3) tried renaming the "Software Distribution" folder in the WINNT directory to "Software Distribution Old" and attempting update again.

None of these have solved the issue.

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks,

Raeli

A:XPpro win updates "updates were unable to be successfully installed" 0x8024200e

Have you tried the system file check:
Click Start > Run > Type in "sfc /scannow" without quotes and click ok (you need to have the Win XP CD in the CD-Rom).

The other thing to try is the Beta Update Page: http://update.microsoft.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xppro-win-updates-updates-were-unable-to-be-successfully-installed-0x8024200e.363424/
Relevancy 58.48%

Windows Home Premium -bit Dell Studio Laptop Bios Ver A Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM I was surfing the net when I got notice from Windows Update that was shutting down computer and installing updates After updates I could not open any pages on the internet I Updates! after Solved: Lost Internet Windows power cycled both the modem and router First the modem and then the router Then Network Troubleshooter To no avail Ran Ipconfig all from command prompt and got media disconnected Don t understand that Checked Device Manager and no errors there Here s the Ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Solved: Lost Internet after Windows Updates! Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users keith gt ipconfig all Windows IP Solved: Lost Internet after Windows Updates! Configuration Host Name keithshome Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - - -EB-E -FD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - - -EB-E -FD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Advanced-N AGN Physical Address - - -EB-E -FC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - -B -EB- -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Hamachi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Hamachi Network Interface Physical Address A- -F - - - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday May PM Lease Expires Thursday May PM Default Gateway DHCP Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable Microsoft To Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address f e f e Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap B D - B - B E- - EEB BB E E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C-F E- B- -CF FEE C CF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap FBFE -CCD - E- CE - AE F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E C C -FE F- -A -E B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BA -C C- AB - C - BEB FA E A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration E... Read more

Relevancy 58.05%

I am getting i.e. Lost and internet connection updates Virus/trojan in a problem when trying to connect to Malewarebytes latest updates Super antiSpyware updates Lost internet connection in i.e. and Virus/trojan updates and AVG virus definitions and loading anything in i e I used Firefox to type this email from a computer that i e told me doesn't have a working internet connection Earlier tonight my wife was surfing the internet and contracted Antivirus System pro I think I was able to remove that supid fake AV software but it might have uploaded some Trojans I can not find I manually updated Malewarebytes Super Antispyware and AVG all of which can not find anything wrong with my computer I have Windows XP Pro I installed hijackThis because I think something is hiding its self on my computer I really don't want to reformat Will the below help anyone help me find what is wrong Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Lost internet connection in i.e. and Virus/trojan updates XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Lost internet connection in i.e. and Virus/trojan updates Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC Program Files Skype Phone Skype exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Documents and Settings Jonn Application Data Dropbox bin Dropbox exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor BDT BDTUpdateService exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXEC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgemc exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - URLSearchHook AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dllR - URLSearchHook no name - CFBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Browser Defender BHO - A F D B- - FF -B - CCE E - C Program Files Spyware Doctor BDT PCTBrowserDefender dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dllO - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO - BHO Ask Toolbar BHO - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files Ask com GenericAskToolbar dllO - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dllO - Toolbar Ask Toolbar - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files Ask com GenericAskToolbar dllO - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D ... Read more

A:Lost internet connection in i.e. and Virus/trojan updates

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Also, please subscribe to this topic, so you are notified when someone replies. Please continue to check manually on occasion, as every now and then the email may be caught by your spam filter.To enable topic notifications you should do the following:Click on the My Controls link at the top of the page to enter your control panel.Scroll down to the Options category in the left hand side menu bar and click on the Email Settings link.Put a checkmark in the checkbox labeled Enable 'Email Notification' by default?.Set the If ticked, choose default type: menu option to Immediate Email Notification to have an email sent immediately when someone replied.Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/274491/lost-internet-connection-in-ie-and-virustrojan-updates/
Relevancy 57.62%

After its almost done dowloading I get an error message telling me that the download failed? Any suggestions?

A:Cant successfully download updates from Microsoft?

Did the Download itself fail, or the install of the Download?

Very different things. The first suggests a problem with your internet connection, but the second would mean some issue with your installed software.

Can you give the -exact- wording of the error or message?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-successfully-download-updates-from-microsoft.236545/
Relevancy 57.62%

Windows XP SP2 new updates auto downloaded KB925254 (Update for Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter) and KB919029 (Update for Office 2003). Recieved error message "Updates were unable to be successfully installed". No futher explanation or details given. Any advice?? Thanks!

A:Updates were unable to be successfully installed

Have you tried installing them again? (do so if not)

Check Accessories>Admin Tools>EventViewer for the errors. More info will be available there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/updates-were-unable-to-be-successfully-installed-133532.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have been having this issue for Updates unable be successfully were to installed quite some time now haven t Updates were unable to be successfully installed been able to install any updates Its getting rather annoying Heres a link to what i see everytime i try to install something via windows update http www putfile com pic php img Theres the whole list but it doesn t matter no matter what i try to install from Windows update it wont install Security Update for Office XP KB Network Diagnostic Tool KB Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB MSXML SP Security Update KB Remote Desktop Connection Terminal Services Client for Windows XP KB Windows Media Player Windows Rights Management Services Client with Service Pack KB Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Excel KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Cumulative Security Update for Outlook Express for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows Media Player KB Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - December KB nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

I m having a little trouble with doing windows updates on this machine I have tried everything suggested The updates will download but always fail However this system did have over different types of malware but I have removed these using MS Antispyware and Norton Antivirus I even got SP installed from a CD But I still keep getting quot The following updates failed to be installed successfully Security Update Microsoft Virtual Machine Microsoft VM Microsoft GDI Detection Tool KB quot And NO ERROR MESSAGES and nothing in the logs Any suggestions Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS The installed to updates HELP! following successfully be failed system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system The following updates failed to be installed successfully HELP! LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System cisvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program The following updates failed to be installed successfully HELP! Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINDOWS System tcpsvcs exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe The following updates failed to be installed successfully HELP! C Program Files RealVNC WinVNC WinVNC exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO no name - D A- BD-EBF - B A-E BB BDF C - no file O - BHO no name - A - - F - -ABB AF - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO no name - CA FE - D- DD - BF - C F E A - no file O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run DwlClient C Program Files Common Files Dell EUSW Support exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD quot C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe quot O - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - HKLM Run WinVNC quot C Program Files RealVNC WinVNC WinVNC exe quot -servicehelper O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Global Startup Digital Line Detect lnk O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks html O - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache html O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Ex... Read more

Relevancy 57.62%

as above,recently i noticed my computer has been installing updates everytime i shutdown and startup, hence prolonging my startup/shutdown time by a lot. checked win update and realized most, if not all of the updates failed to do so. already tried using the MS FixIT tool, to to avail. tried other solutions on the net provided by the MS MVP, also didn't work. do suggest alternatives if any. thanks!

A:win7 x64 can never install updates successfully!

Have you tried to rename the download folder of the collection of the updates?%windir%\SoftwareDistribution\Download\ to %windir%\SoftwareDistribution\Download.old\ %windir% = Where your Windows is installed on, C:\Windows\ by example.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/466033/win7-x64-can-never-install-updates-successfully/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have been getting updates with the same two KB numbers supposedly successfully installed five days in a row and they are waiting to be installed days a two installed five 'successfully' in row updates Same again tomorrow I have Windows -bit They are updates for NET Framework amp and the Same two updates installed 'successfully' five days in a row numbers are KB amp KB I upgraded to Windows because I was assured that it was supposed to be so much better After a month of nothing but trouble I wanted to go back to Win but Same two updates installed 'successfully' five days in a row the files to allow this had been erased I had to start over with a fresh install but I did not wipe the hard drive Win has been acting differently ever since Most of the changes I like and a few I don t I m wondering if this update problem has something to do with Win s new peculiarities Any suggestions These installs don t seem to be trouble that I can tell Should I just let it go or is there something I can should do to stop this Thanks grey nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

I have been having this issue for quite some time now haven't been able to install any updates Its getting rather annoying Heres a link to what i see everytime i try to install something via windows update http www putfile com pic php img Theres the whole list but it doesn't matter no matter what i try to install from Updates to were be successfully installed unable Windows update it wont install Security Update for Office XP KB Network Diagnostic Tool KB Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB MSXML SP Security Update KB Remote Desktop Connection Terminal Services Client for Windows XP KB Windows Media Player Windows Rights Management Services Client with Service Pack KB Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Excel KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Cumulative Security Update for Outlook Express for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows Media Player KB Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - December KB

A:Updates were unable to be successfully installed

Hi there

Which firewall are you using? Its worth a try stopping/pausing it and then downloading updates to check up.
Also try this and see if it helps: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/814033

Additionally, you can manually download them too by visiting the MS download site section.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/updates-were-unable-to-be-successfully-installed-130929.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi,
Why do we get the option "Windows Updates. Important updates are available. Go to PC settings to install them" on the logon screen? Need to remove this option but without altering the update functionality. We are using SCCM for windows update.
Can you help how to remove it by GPO or any other option for large scale systems (5000+). At present the user cannot install the updates as it has been restricted. Attached the screen shot also.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f591fd1f-9b4b-484a-844f-cc26d2ec2161/reasons-for-quot-windows-updates-important-updates-are-available-go-to-pc-settings-to-install?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 57.19%

Please help me resolve error code 0x80070570 preventing updates for Windows SP1 service pack and Window .Net framework 4. How can I resolve issues?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7a85121a-64c6-4540-871f-ef2f3ce9dc39/unable-to-updates-important-updates?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi I recently installed HideMyAss on my PC with no apparent problems and once I d ascertained it was doing as I d expected I then shut my PC down However later that same day I switched the computer back on and was unable to gain access to the Internet my web browser is Firefox and my OS is Windows XP I had earlier ascertained that since I d installed HMA new local area connections had appeared in the Network Connections area LAC appeared to be inoperative but HMA appeared to be using the new LAC However VPN after lost Internet connection installing when I switched back on the Network Connection panel stated that the network cable for LAC was unplugged Upon Internet connection lost after installing VPN opening up the HMA application via the icon in the taskbar a message in the Dashboard appeared stating that Internet connection lost after installing VPN the program configuration and server list did not load correctly etc etc The funny thing is that my internet radio and IPad upon which I haven t set up HMA were both working with no problems whatsoever presumably because they were using my original local area connection i e the one which existed before I installed HMA Following advice from HMA technical support I removed HMA from my PC and the two new LACs have been removed but I m now in a worse situation than I was before i e I still can t access the Net from my PC but can do so via my Ipad amp internet radio Can anyone tell me how this issue can be rectified Is there anything I may have done which may have caused this situation Can anyone recommend a VPN other than HMA which will not give rise to these complications Please could you bear in mind that you ll be replying to someone who is not a techie so I d be very grateful if you could do so in relatively simple terms Many thanks in anticipation of your assistance nbsp

A:Internet connection lost after installing VPN

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-lost-after-installing-vpn.1099315/
Relevancy 57.19%

Brand new custom-build, Windows XP Pro. Windows updates install successfully then when I reboot and check again the updates I have just installed are there again. I install them, they install successfully I reboot, and they are there again. etc. etc.

I tried going to safe-mode, didn't work, I also tried everything listed on in MS knowledge base where I read almost the exact error, but not really.

A:Solved: Windows XP Pro Updates reinstall successfully

Fixed, there was a document from Microsoft knowledge base that I followed. I was looking for the URL to post but I don't have my history save. You go in and register a bunch of things, rename folders. Lots of stuff, it's like 9 steps long. But it fixed it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-xp-pro-updates-reinstall-successfully.285615/
Relevancy 56.76%

I don't have any internet connectivity in my home.
So, I borrow my friend's PC to download the Windows 10 ISO from Media Creation Tool.
I have burned the ISO into DVD.
The question is will my PC get November Updates or Windows 10 1511 without internet connectivity when
fresh installing from DVD?

I have downloaded the ISO two times already
First is in September
Second is just recently
Both ISO size seems differents...
I really hope I will get November Updates as I love the title bar colourization...
Sorry for my bad grammar
Thank you!

A:Will my PC get November Updates if installing from ISO w/o Internet?

Hey ZenR,

I'm pretty sure that Windows will up date if needed, regardless of which ever ISO you install.

b1rd

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/39968-will-my-pc-get-november-updates-if-installing-iso-w-o-internet.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Windows tells me not to unplug or power off machine. But I think I have no internet connection, so how can Windows install 9 updates?

In "Wireless Network Connection Status" I saw:

IPV4 Connectivity No Network Access
IPV6 Connectivity No Network Access
Media (something) Disabled

I cannot connect to my wireless network. Other computers on the home wireless network work fine. This makes me suspect a failed wireless adapter card in my PC. I did not check Device Manager for a bad adapter before I ordered "Shutdown".

Can I power off the PC anyway? Will something bad happen if I do? If I shutdown and power back up, what can I do to fix the "No Network Access" problems and go on line? Troubleshoot adapter through Device Manager? Any other ideas or precautions?

A:Installing updates (1 of 9) but no Internet connection

How did you check for updates in the first place if you have no internet connection?

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/278758-installing-updates-1-9-but-no-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello My internet has stopped working ever since installing the latest big batch of Windows updates like two weeks ago Router Turned it off and on again unplugged it and a few days in we were sent a new router as our old ISP sold us off to a new ISP Still nothing Restore Points Went to a restore point before the updates still didn't work Eventually turned off firewall and Internet Won't Updates Since Work Installing Windows defender That worked but then computer auto installed the updates and it quit working again Now I've used all the restore points so there are now none before the updates and turning off firewall defender Internet Won't Work Since Installing Updates doesn't work Uninstalling Updates When I ran out of restore points I tried uninstalling them and then also turning off firewall etc after Didn't work Ping Tests Computer Internet Won't Work Since Installing Updates is sending and receiving packets But applications that use the internet - Chrome IE AIM Dropbox etc say there is no internet connection Windows Troubleshooter Doesn't find any problems Virus Scan Nothing found Other misc things that may or may not be relevant Windows update can still search for and download install updates AIM when doing auto-configure occasionally thinks it has a successful connection setting But then it isn't actually able to log in I can't do a refresh as it tells me I'll need to re-install things that as far as I'm aware came with the computer If I ever had an installation CD I don't now I've just been searching for more updates and installing them in the hopes one of them will fix the problem whatever the problem is Any suggestions ideas I'm out of them lol Thank you so much for all your help

A:Internet Won't Work Since Installing Updates

Please take a screenshot of the updates.  

Open the Control Panel and click on Programs and Features.

In the upper left portion of the screen you will see View installed updates, click on this to open the updates.

How to make a screenshot

1. Download and run A Thousand Words .

2. Follow the wizard to capture a screenshot

3. Use the built-in editor to resize, edit, or re-capture your screen shot. 

4. Your screen shot will be saved to your desktop when you finish the wizard.

You can post the screenshot in your next post as an attachment.  

Just below the area where you write text in a post there is the Post button, to the right of this is More Reply Options. 

When you click on More Relpy Options  you will see Attach Files and Browse, click on Browse, this will open Pictures on your computer, click on the image you want to post, then click on Attach This File, then Add Reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578317/internet-wont-work-since-installing-updates/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi there I m really new here and need some help to fix this annoying issue Here is the situation computers are connected to a network I was installing AVG business edition on the first one made sure access the networked storage internet and email outlook were working then duplicated the process of other computers After each successful setup I was running a whole computer scan just incase By the time I was working on the th computer network computers after Lost a in internet on installing several AVG internet access to all the computers in the network was lost What didnt make sense is that even the computers that didnt get the new AVG business addition lost connection Yet when I plug any of the ethernet cables in the network to my personal laptop the internet works I tried resetting TCP IP and running winsockXPfix but nothing works I also tried deactivating AVG the firewall and even uninstalling AVG from of the computers yet the internet is still lost on all the computers All the computers are running Windows XP SP Any help Lost internet after installing AVG on several computers in a network will be highly appreciated thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-internet-after-installing-avg-on-several-computers-in-a-network.1141129/
Relevancy 56.76%

Someone advised user to do System Restore that resulted in inability to log on at all with error mssg "trust relationship between this workstation and domain has failed."

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/605277/windows-7-auto-updates-results-in-lost-internet-cant-open-applications/
Relevancy 56.76%

i am unable to install shokwave successfully.this happened after i reinstalled XP.In the previous XP installation shockwave was working.i tried everything.reinstalling,uninstallling, reboooting,java enabling,flash download,etc.but it just wont work please helpI noticed that there is something wrong the admin mode.when i go to standby mode i can't come back using the admin mode.Which was present earlier.what's went wrong?i was suggested that the admin mode is necessary for shockwave..Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:Shockwave Not Installing Successfully

By Admin mode do you mean Safe Mode?Try running the System File Checker to make sure you haven't got corruption in any of your important system files.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/79080/shockwave-not-installing-successfully/
Relevancy 56.33%

Well, I have done some experimentation this evening, and I'm happy to say the updates for Windows Server 2012 install successfully on to Windows 8, including those for IE10. I thought you might be interested in some of my findings so far, so I've linked to my thread on MSFN.

Server 2012 Updates on Windows 8 - Windows 8 - MSFN Forum

Cheers All!
(There's still hope for Windows 8 Yet!)

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/73919-server-2012-updates-successfully-installed-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello,

Outlook is sending messages in and out, the Google desktop news update window is working, but when I open Internet Explorer, I get the 'Page cannot be displayed' message. The network troubleshooter does not detect any problems, and other computers in the office are working fine. If I restore to a restore point before 2/14, everything works fine again, but I have been unable to identify an update that could be causing the problem (subtracting the updates does not fix it). Using IE 7, Windows Vista.

Thank you

A:Internet Explorer Not Functioning After Installing Updates

Check the filter levels on your firewall and AV.Click Start / Run / type in; cmd/ and at the black command screen type in; ipconfig /flushdnsand/or try: Start / Run / type in; regsvr32 urlmon.dllClick OKYou might also try to empty your Temporary Internet Files folder:Open IE.Click Tools.Select Internet Options.Click the General tab.Click the Delete Files button.When the box opens, put a check in Delete All Offline Content.Click OK.Also check PC date and time. Double click the time in the taskbar, to open, and make sure the Time Zone and Daylight Savings settings are also correct. Some sites block access when you have incorrect time settings.Also, see if either of these helps:Error message: The page cannot be displayedTroubleshooting "Page Cannot Be Displayed" Errors

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/133597/internet-explorer-not-functioning-after-installing-updates/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello. I stumbled upon this forum in hopes that you guys will be able to assist me in figuring out why it is that Lost Saga keeps crashing for me. I just put this computer together this January. I was able to play up until about March, but then when April rolled around, the crashing started to occur. I talked with the Name behind the game(OGPlanet) and none of their solutions worked. Here is the information requested.

Code:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Same OS from Start
Full Retail

I built the computer in January.
OS was last installed in March, I believe.
If you need anymore information than what was provided, please let me know. I appreciate all of the help in advance.

A:Unable to start Lost Saga successfully. Crashes during Startup.

Sorry for the double post, but I figured seeing the error when it occurs might help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/241754-unable-start-lost-saga-successfully-crashes-during-startup.html
Relevancy 55.9%

hi, my onboard sound card is an ac'97, windows vista installed the drivers without even downloading them. there is no sound that comes out at all, i downloaded and installed the drivers manually and still doesn't work.

vista home basic SP1 x86 (upgraded NOT clean install from XP home sp3)
i haven't used the on-board in long time, but my sound card i had installed got fried somehow, the computer wouldn't even boot, so i had to take it out.

vista says there are no problems, and i can see the green bar (like an equalizer) that appears in the sound mixer.

it used to work fine when i did use the on-board, the speakers aren't even 1 year old.

A:no audio even after SUCCESSFULLY installing drivers

When you remove the existing drivers from the device manager -- there is an option to delete the existing files. Then when you reboot -- nothing should be found and automatically installed.

Sometimes this works best before installing the downloaded drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-even-after-successfully-installing-drivers.787660/
Relevancy 55.9%

HI I hope someone can help,

I reset my daughters laptop back to factory settings (Dell Inspiron 3521 64 bit) due to numerous problems, all now seem to be resolved. Thanks for advice.

I thought i would update to Windows 8.1 (never installed on this machine before).
I tried downloading from the store but received message saying updates are required before download could proceed.
went to settings>pc changes>updates there was 147 updates there waiting.

A message said we will install these updates as part of schedule maintenance. I'm now down to 109 updates waiting.
my question is why cant the updates all be installed straight away (please excuse my ignorance) there must be a simple answer. I have set the updates to automatic.

Regards and thanks in advance

A:109 Important Updates

Because Windows 8.1 needs some windows updates to install.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/67524-109-important-updates.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Greetings to all,

I had Win 8 Pro and Updated to Win 8.1.  In the past using Win XP, I always installed the Critical and some of the Important Updates.

I have not installed any of the Updates for Win 8.1 There are 110 Important Updates going back to February of 2015.  I have not experienced any problems.  In view of the fact that Win 10 will eventually be installed (in the spring) on my computer do I really need to install the Win 8.1 Updates?  If the answer is Yes, then what will happen to these Updates that will be using disk space once I install Win10?

Thanks in advance.

A:Are important Updates for 8.1 necessary considering Win 10?

Hi SillyBilly If you upgrade via the Media Creation Tool, you don't need any updates at all on your system to upgrade. It might even be easier that way. This being said, Important Updates are security related updates used to patch vulnerabilities, exploits and security holes in the Windows OS. They are critical to install if you want to run a safe and secure OS, so I strongly suggest you to install them as soon as possible.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/587106/are-important-updates-for-81-necessary-considering-win-10/
Relevancy 55.9%

http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/library/toolbar/3.0/sitemap/en-us.mspx

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/ap/20050106/ap_on_hi_te/microsoft_antivirus

Relevancy 55.9%

I just installed

KB2933809

&

KB2957390

They fixed my Lock screen pictures issues & my Start screen pictures issues & enabled some old programs to function again.

Just thought I would pass the information along.

Check Windows Update & see if they are available to you.
They may not be available for all systems.

EDIT-- They fixed my ability to add pictures from my computer to the Forum.

A:2 New important updates

I see KB2933809 in my update history, 4/8/2014. I'm pretty sure it came after update 1. I don't see KB2957390 listed though. Can't say as I had any of the problems you mentioned. If I did I didn't notice it. I auto log in and boot right to desktop.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/44212-2-new-important-updates.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have lost one of my important file in my PC,how can i get back it?

A:Important file in my PC lost

how can i resize my partition without damage my files?

how can i resize my partition without damage my files?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/important-file-in-my-pc-lost.110230/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hey guys first post here I'm at wits end with customer service and was wondering if File Important Lost someone could help me out with my problem This morning I was editing a screenplay on my laptop Windows with the program Final Draft I'd printed the document off a few times as PDFs but when I went to do it a third or fourth time the printer boxes started freezing Then the program shut down and now I can't Lost Important File get back in the file I can load all of my other scripts fine except this one When I try loading it I get the message quot This file is not supported by this version of Final Draft quot but I know it is I then noticed that the file itself is KB -- Did the file just erase itself Is there anyway to get it back In a desperate attempt I tried system restore but well nothing Please help me out -- I'd greatly appreciate it

A:Lost Important File

The first place to look is in the recycle bin.
I don't expect it to be there but do it just in case to be sure it isn't before it possibly gets emptied.

The next thing I would look at is the directory where the others are stored and see if a minor name change may have occurred or possibly a duplicate back up.
I have never used Final Draft so I don't know if that is possible.

Since you mentioned customer service are you possibly on a network?
Possibly look in the area of the network that you were connected to.

I would like to tell you to run system restore to a day or so ago but you have done that.
Possibly set it back further?

The only other thing I can think of offhand would be to run chkdsk /r and see if it will
find some corruption and fix it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/lost-important-file-453898.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi new to the site hoping someone can help me My sister s computer crashed and I have been working on it She wasn t concerned about losing much except for her baby s pictures and some text files Everything else could be replaced So I slaved her hard drive to mine and copied all of the pictures IMPORTANT Lost FILES! Help! VERY into a folder on my desktop No problem Today when I was working on my computer my system froze up and rebooted itself When it was back on ALL of the files in my folders on my desktop were GONE The folders were still there but the pictures and music files were missing Including my sister s pictures Also the login screen turned into a little blue Windows XP box nobody else s login name was there All the programs on my startup screen were there but when I hovered my mouse over them it said quot empty quot I Help! Lost VERY IMPORTANT FILES! fixed the logon screen and Help! Lost VERY IMPORTANT FILES! uninstalled reinstalled the programs I wanted to keep and got rid of the rest computer needed a thorough cleaning anyway I can handle all that hassle What I cannot handle is the loss of those baby pictures If I don t get them back my sister will never talk to me again or at least make me suffer horribly I tried restoring no change and I tried file recovery programs also no luck on both my hard drive and my sister s I cannot understand where those files went I can t see them just up and disappearing but I have had no luck searching for them Any and all information and help would be MUCH appreciated Thank you Windows XP Home OEM Install Service Pack Dell Computer Norton Antivirus Scanned No Virus No Error Messages Just Missing Files nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

Basically I wanted to shift+del a .pptx file on my desktop. It did successfully delete HOWEVER

my other files on a particular folder located in my desktop has been deleted! I only have files with "~$(followed by file name) in this particular folder. This is weird, i am hoping to get my documents back asap as I have a deadline to meet. 

pls help!!

A:Lost my important documents pls help!

Probably can't help much but did you try a restore point.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583702/lost-my-important-documents-pls-help/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello,

I recently overwrote an important photo is was working on. I pressed save instead of save as... Anyways, I tried to use System Restore but it is turned off and I can't go back. Is there another way?

Please help

A:Lost important photo

As long as you pressed "save", you should still have the photo, only it will probably be named "untitled". Not necessarily though. I would just browse each and every folder, starting with your default folders where files are saved.

Good Luck!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-important-photo-29565.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hey guys first post here I m at wits end with customer service and was wondering if someone could help me out with my problem This morning I was editing a screenplay on my laptop Windows with the program Final Draft I d printed the document off a few times as PDFs but when I went to do it a third or fourth time the printer boxes started freezing Then the program shut down and now I can t get back in the file I can load all of my other scripts fine except this one Lost File Important When I try loading it I get the message quot This file is not Lost Important File supported by this version of Final Draft quot but I know it is I then noticed that the file itself is KB -- Did the file just erase itself Is there anyway to get it back In a desperate attempt I tried system restore but well nothing Please help me out -- I d greatly appreciate it nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

I went to access important files today files Lost important for my University course and they have disappeared Recently i had a problem with a quot virus quot which was self replicating and McAfee Security Centre kept catching it but after full scans no viruses were found Here is a link to the virus McAfee found repeatedly as it self-replicated http us mcafee com virusInfo defau virus k Attached is a screenshot showing the first report of the virus Also the virus alerts came completely out of no-where at the time i wasn't even using the computer it was just connected to the University network and i never get viruses because i scan files before using them and am generally cautious Files are missing in some areas but not others Half of my installers are also missing which is a pain I tried to Lost important files use quot eDATA Unerase quot which i found on download com but i only recovered a few files and those are corrupted and do not open I have a system restore point at the end of January but i am unsure whether restoring would bring back the files One thing i have not tried is restarting the PC but i am unable to do that at the moment due to a large file download What i need to know is Why and where did the files go Am i at risk for more missing files How can i get them back for free Thanks for any help Jamie

A:Lost important files

hello & welcome to TSF ,

the more you use your pc the less chance of recovery

follow this link

http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads38.html

there are many programs here that you can use / some are

freeware

shareware

full paid versions

you will have to decide what type you use

also remeber that you only get what you pay for

but i have found that many freeware programs can do the job

Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-important-files-225404.html
Relevancy 55.9%

The last time I posted was requesting help with a new rebuild on my computer. Installed a new motherboard, processor, etc. Unfortunately, my computer guy seems to have lost all the info I wanted to save. 4 years of tax files for clients etc.

The question I have is there anyway that info can be retrieved maybe thru a back door. The hard drive was accidentally formatted and this info was lost. The thing is that not all the info was lost just my Documents.

I will get you all necessary information specs if you thing we can retrieve the information.

If it lost forever I will be sad, but I will deal with it.

My first post was under conundrum all info about my computer will be under that post.

Thank you for any help.

A:Help Lost Important Info

If it was just formatted, you may be able to retreive the data using GetDataBack or R-Studio. If a new operating system was installed or any new files added after the format, it will be much more difficult

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-lost-important-info-579561.html
Relevancy 55.9%

After installing a bunch of updates, my compaq presario cq50 with Windows Vista gets error CODE 8024402C and limited connectivity so I can't get on the Internet at all. The posts I've seen involve removing security from Netgear router, but I have so many devices using this router that I am hesitant to change their settings to fix only the laptop. Since I am using my desktop to write this, I can't do the TSG utility. Help, please?

A:Limited Connectivity -- can't get laptop on Internet after installing updates

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limited-connectivity-cant-get-laptop-on-internet-after-installing-updates.1079406/
Relevancy 55.9%

I am trying to get my Windows 7 system to install updates, but the Windows Update screen keeps saying "Checking for updates". Basically, its taking it forever to install updates. Also, Internet Explorer does not work right. Internet Explorer keeps freezing up. I am trying to upgrade it to Windows 10 for my brother.

Someone's help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

A:Issues installing Windows Updates and using Internet Explorer

I have already ran SFC/ SCANNOW and it found no issues. I reset Windows Update components and that didn't fix the issue either.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/398445-issues-installing-windows-updates-using-internet-explorer.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I am trying to get my Windows 7 system to install updates, but the Windows Update screen keeps saying "Checking for updates". Basically, its taking it forever to install updates. Also, Internet Explorer does not work right. Internet Explorer keeps freezing up. I am trying to upgrade it to Windows 10 for my brother.

Someone's help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

A:Issues installing Windows Updates and using Internet Explorer

I have already ran SFC/ SCANNOW and it found no issues. I reset Windows Update components and that didn't fix the issue either.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/398445-issues-installing-windows-updates-using-internet-explorer.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version:
Processor:
Processor Count:
RAM:
Graphics Card:
Hard Drives:
Motherboard:
Antivirus: None

i cannot install important updates not sure about much about my laptop apart from its a toshiba satellite pro on windows 7 an when i tryed to install them this code came up code:80240016

A:cant install important updates

Hi and welcome,
Could you try running this again please?
TSG System Information Utility http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe

Your first attempt came up with nothing - as you can see

Thanks.
Richard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-install-important-updates.1089293/
Relevancy 55.47%

OS - Windows Vista Hme Prem bit Srvce Pk Hello Below is a detailed list of important updates Desktop PC 6 03.12.2010 as of updates important will be one year next month I did not renew 6 important updates as of 03.12.2010 the Microsoft Office after trial period that came as a package w no future intention of acquiring it I'm using the free Open Office program - word processing mostly at this time Is there anything in the list below that is of importance I only have a basic PC with DVD player for movies etc No scanner printer or fax Not even external hard drive or usb flash drive Otherwise I understand that I can just choose to hide the updates so it will not keep reminding me Also I choose to keep my OS w Srvce pk and MS IE version for as long as I'll be able to I had too many probs with Srvce pk and MS IE version Your opinion if any is welcome Your assistance is greatly appreciated Thank you NBB PowerPoint Viewer Service Pack SP Download size MB Update type Important Service Pack provides the latest updates to PowerPoint Viewer 6 important updates as of 03.12.2010 More information http www microsoft com downloads details aspx FamilyId A E -C - D- DD- D A F A amp displaylang en Help and Support http support microsoft com LN en-us Security Update for PowerPoint Viewer KB Download size KB Update type Important A security vulnerability exists in Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer that could allow arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modified file is opened This update resolves that vulnerability More information http www microsoft com downloads details aspx FamilyId B - C - -A E -D F D D C 6 important updates as of 03.12.2010 amp displaylang en Help and Support http support microsoft com LN en-us Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack Service Pack SP Download size MB Update type Important Service Pack provides the latest updates to the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack More information http www microsoft com downloads details aspx FamilyId F AB F- F D- A - - CA E B amp displaylang en Help and Support http support microsoft com LN en-us Security Update for the Microsoft Office System KB Download size MB Update type Important A security vulnerability exists in the Microsoft Office System and the Compatibility Pack for the Office system that could allow remote code execution This update resolves that vulnerability More information http support microsoft com kb Help and Support http support microsoft com LN en-us Security Update for the Microsoft Office System KB Download size KB Update type Important A security vulnerability exists in Microsoft PowerPoint that could allow arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modified document is opened This update resolves that vulnerability More information http www microsoft com downloads details aspx FamilyId E D A C - A- F - D - A E A amp displaylang en Help and Support http support microsoft com LN en-us Security Update for the Microsoft Office System KB Download size MB Update type Important A security vulnerability exists in the Microsoft Office System that could allow arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modified file is opened This update resolves the vulnerability so that the Microsoft Office System documents are handled appropriately More information http support microsoft com kb Help and Support http support microsoft com LN en-us

A:6 important updates as of 03.12.2010

Hi,

I would strongly recommend installing SP2 and IE8 as soon as possible. If you have any problems, we are here to help. If these updates came through before you uninstalled Office, then that is why. If Office is still installed, then you need these updates. Uninstall Office if you are going to, recheck for updates, and install any that are suggested. Any problems, post back.

Richard

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/272321-6-important-updates-03-12-2010-a.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello guys,

nice to meet this wonderful forum.
My problem is that ALL my important updates fail to install for some unknown reason.
I've not been able to install SP1, IE9 etc.....

Is there anything I can do besides formatting, or is there a way I can repair windows update only?

I tried the system update readiness tool, but no results.

Best regards,

Peter

A:All important updates fail!!

Hello Peter, and welcome to the Seven Forums!

What error message are you receiving from Windows?

Also, please copy the C:\Windows\Logs\CBS folder to your Desktop, right click on it > Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder, and upload the new file which is created on your Desktop here.

Thanks a lot!

Richard

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/184526-all-important-updates-fail.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Overnight my PC, Windows 7, did several updates. Many of them, status important, failed. What can I do to resolve this issue?
Shirley

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2297f264-0d3d-464d-8b2e-89e5e6da07e2/failure-of-important-updates?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 55.47%

This topic could fit in a few places but HERE is probably the broadest coverage I am a dedicated Windows user I own four WIN PC's and one WIN LT I'm shall we say 'well seasoned' and it is entirely possible my computer OS's will last longer then MY OS Further on a one month test of WIN I found it to have stuff neither myself or Mrs Gizmo will ever use I have all these rigs set up to use Once updates ? and for all...'Important/Critical' OPERA present stable version and do not use I E for anything Also I operate all of them using Sandboxie for security My residence is entirely Ethernet no wireless access and when any of my Kids or someone looking for my computer help come Once and for all...'Important/Critical' updates ? here I cascade one of my spare routers so We and Them are on different home networks Since my version of Microsoft Office is a little 'old' it will no longer run in my sandbox so if we get any E-Mail with attachments those are taken out of the E-Mail POP and forced to run IN the sandbox at least once before general opening I think we run about as secure as a home outfit can The Once and for all...'Important/Critical' updates ? last time I installed a Hard Drive it involved uSoft Updates And WIN will continue to be patched until January I find myself asking WHY bother Our installed software Once and for all...'Important/Critical' updates ? drivers etc all operate perfectly How can anything get TO us I've been running Sandboxie for over six years now and not a thing has ever gotten out of the 'box that wasn't invited out Everybody I ever ask about it assures me that I very much NEED to keep my WIN machines Microsoft Up to Date but when pressed they never really know why FOR US I am thinking I have wasted my last 'time' worshiping at the alter of Patch Tuesday WHAT does anybody here on this forum KNOW to make me change my mind and rejoin the herd Thanks for your patience I don't know how to be complete and be any shorter in my quirey Giz

A:Once and for all...'Important/Critical' updates ?

is any computer really safe? is windows ever 100% safe and secure? how many updates have been issued for its various operating systems since i purchased xp home sp1a retail more moons ago than i can remember? and who are you trying to keep your pc safe from? the spoilsports ratbags and shysters out to nick your money, or m/s now spying on you at every opportunity and then flogging that data? dont forget, m/s make windows and they are(going by all accounts) using every nefarious trick to infect and steal your data?

whatever you do, some scuzzbucket will find a workaround to a latest update to get into your pc. m/s will keep forcing you to update, bearing in mind those updates will also try to steal your data. you willl be damned if you dont and screwed if you do update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/390238-once-all-important-critical-updates.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I just updated Windows 8.1 a few days ago on a system that rarely gets used.

I turned it on again today and found that Windows Update now tells me that there are 215 important updates and 6 optional updates.

Has my system forgotten that it has ever been updated?

Also, will I have to take any action to get Windows 10? I had it installed and then had to restore to factory.

Thanks
Jim

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/74348-215-important-updates-what-happening-here.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have my PC set to Notify me of Important Updates, but not download or install them.

On at least 2 different occasions over the past 2 months I seen maybe 17 -19 Important Updates shown when I open Updates, but chose not to install them at that moment because I was doing other things. When I went back a few days later they where all gone. This happened this week, as well as about a month ago. And, they were not automatically installed either.

What's going on with these disappearing Important Updates? Unfortunately I never checked to see if they were somehow redundant because I think they would disappear.

A:Important Updates Disappear?

Two days ago, I had 27 important updates which I had not installed.

Yesterday, my computer was up to date! Not a single update.

So I checked for updates for hours but had to stop since it was eating cpu and not come up with any results.

Try searching and post whether your search ended successfully without any updates, or was just stuck for hours.

Mine was stuck so I followed this procedure and found the old and newer July updates in minutes.
Set Windows to Never check for updates.

Make sure wuauserv is not running in the background eating your CPU . If it does, just stop the service.

Download and install KB3168965.

Restart and set Windows to Check for updates but let me choose what to install.

Click search for updates.

Let it search for 1-2 hours. Should come up with results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/398466-important-updates-disappear.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Some updates like this IE8 security update that was released the 14th, we're not getting in Windows update. Why?

Shouldn't we at least get important or critical security updates even in the lastest builds? I could see why maybe not other less important updates but critical security ones?

And when I try to install it says it's not applicable to my system but updates like this one should clearly be applicable, no?

Download details: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 in Windows 7 Client Beta (KB963027)
Download details: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 in Windows 7 Client Beta for x64-based Systems (KB963027)

MS09-014: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer

A:Why aren't we getting some important Updates

It could be that the issues these fix are already fixed in later builds. 7000 is still the only 1 (according to M$) that the public have and IE8 on that was too buggy. As far as I can tell build 7057 upwards have the full IE8 and not just the beta that's packed with 7000.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/7255-why-arent-we-getting-some-important-updates.html
Relevancy 55.47%

When I see the Windows Updates listing there's a tab for "important" and a tab for "recommended." Today I loaded all updates that were important. But when I looked in my update history, a few were described as recommended.

Also, today some places listed one update as "critical" - (the one about IE) and the rest as important.
But the word "critical" didn't appear at all. In other words these classifying things aren't consistent, have you noticed?

A:Updates - important/recommended etc.

Some updates are Critical in some circumstances, but not others - in real terms, any Security Update should be regarded as Critical - and others as Important or Optional
Since all IE Cumulative Updates contain Security elements, they are all critical - but because a given month's Cumulative update doesn't contain new Security Updates, it may be downgraded.

... but yes, the terminology does get confusing at times. One reason why it's good policy to install all updates unless you have good reason not to do so.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/344916-updates-important-recommended-etc.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I see updates like Root Certificates Update, Microsoft Silverlight 1.0, Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0: x86, Driver Update for Intel Graphics Controller and all those other stuffs..I have like 15 updates on the waiting list..Are they important?. I read an article about how some people had computer problems after installing some of these..

A:How important are optional updates?

Some people have problems after doing anything . . . you only need install the Optional updates you need. I like to install the Root Cert updates, but only any of the others that are needing a update,

You are not likely to have problems with any of them, you just may not need them

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-important-are-optional-updates-252896.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I'm wondering if it is possible to ignore an important windows update? Windows Defender updates are listed as important updates but I have my own security suite and therefore don't need to burn a few megs every month to update Windows Defender. I also have a netbook with very limited hard drive space that keeps bugging me to install that update that checks if my version of Windows 7 is genuine. I know it is and don't want to take up valuable and limited hard drive space for Microsoft to tell me what I already know. I would like to set Windows Update some how so that it doesn't keep bugging me to install these important updates, is that possible?

A:Possible to Ignore Important Updates?

Not necessary to install the defender updates. Those updates represent new malware that has been written. If you do not install, you may become infected with the malware.

Bottom line you reallyshould install, but to answer your question you do not have to.

You can hide all updates that are not wanted. just right click on the update to hide

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/60508-possible-ignore-important-updates.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I ve encountered an array of problems To start XP Installed/AVI Unable files Updates load fail Successfully Windows to Were to be when I try to play an avi file real player and windows media player both encounter a fatal error Thinking there may have been Windows XP Updates Were Unable to be Successfully Installed/AVI files fail to load a windows update I went to update Windows XP Updates Were Unable to be Successfully Installed/AVI files fail to load microsoft com to get updates I was able to download all of the updates but I could not install any of them I tried to install them via express and custom updates on the website via automatic updates and virtually every other method I could think of After researching the problem I came across similar problems with an array of solutions including trying in safe mode running sfc scannow uninstalling and reinstalling net shutting off and turning back on both automatic updates and cryptographic services changing dll files lccwiz amp pidgen renaming the SoftwareDistribution folder downloading one update at a time and other things that I can t even begin to think of at this moment obviously with no success as well as running SpyBot AdAware and Norton Below are some of the links that I came across to help with this problem http www jsifaq com SF Tips Tip aspx id http help maximumasp com SmarterTicket Customer KBArticle aspx articleid http forums whirlpool net au forum-replies-archive cfm html http forums pcworld co nz archive index php t- html http forums microsoft com Genuine ShowPost aspx PostID amp SiteID http www eggheadcafe com software aspnet re-latest-updates-wont aspx http www annoyances org exec forum winxp t I think that was just about all of them though there may be others I tried virtually everything on those websites as well as a few things that I thought of on my own of which at this point I cannot distinguish between whos idea was whoms It is important that I point out that I do not get an error code just the statement quot Updates Were Unable to be Successfully Installed quot with a list of all the updates that failed which every time were all of them Also I do have a genuine copy of XP Below is a HijackThis log as well as an uninstall list and a text files with the WindowsUpdate log for today only If you need any more information feel free to ask Any help would be much appriciated Thanks guys Adam Also the updates I am trying to install are KB KB KB KB KB KB KB Microsoft NET Framework Service Pack Office Service Pack KB Windows Media Player amp KB Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files Burning AnyDVD AnyDVD exe C PROGRA Comcast COMCAS data Xtras mssysmgr exe C Program Files Panicware Pop-Up Stopper Free Edition PSFree exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech KhalShared KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS System dllhost exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Progs amp Cracks HijackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO StumbleUpon Launcher - B F -A B- b -BBAC- EBEBBB - ... Read more

A:Windows XP Updates Were Unable to be Successfully Installed/AVI files fail to load

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-updates-were-unable-to-be-successfully-installed-avi-files-fail-to-load.523520/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I have lost very important data after doing a re-install of win xp pro serv pack new legit copy over an unverified xp pro serv pack First I tried a repair with the new product key got to the welcome screen and was asked to log in to my account after doing that it said quot you are already logged in then a sreen came on saying register my copy of windows YES NO on yes or no it logged off and went back to the log on screen basicaly round in circles then a friend advised to do a complete re-install over my origional O S leaving files amp folders intact I did lost important data xp pro Re-install after but when it came to the drive directory to install the default was c windows highlited and my friend said to alter it to WINNT Since then every application wont run asking to re-install applications files are missing drivers are missing and my cd-drive wont open Saved registration keys are in Incredimail which I cannot find all my contacts are missing Please help I feel as if my right arm has been cut off I dont Know how much has been lost yet as I cant get into any applications Thanks for reading hope you can help Dell Dimension mb ram cd RW Nvida graphics with mb on board ram years old

A:lost important data after Re-install xp pro

I don't want to say your friend gave you bad advice, but reinstalling Windows that way causes problems as you are now finding out. Basically, I believe you are probably going to have to reinstall all your applications and drivers. You may be able to reinstall many of the drivers by pointing the wizard to c:\windows\system32 but you are probably better off just using your Dell Resource CD if you still have it.

You can open Outlook just fine still?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-important-data-after-re-install-xp-pro-221019.html
Relevancy 55.04%

hi guys ive just registered actually its urgent Something very weird happened today with one of my Word file i have Vista premium on a HP Laptop AMD Turion x ive been using my laptop for months im not used to making system restore or making a recovery disk very Word important File Lost :( I use this file everyday and store important details and infos to keep an update BUt when i went to open my file on Document it wasnt there i couldnt see it So i decided to search it and it appeared on the list it very important Word File Lost :( was in very important Word File Lost :( Document But something was modified and it said quot your file has been changed or moved so this shortcut may not work properly Do you want to delete this shortcut quot then i was like shortcut Its not a shortcut the main file is in Document and i never made any shortcut for this file afterwards i tried desperately to search for my file and i remember that very important Word File Lost :( i havnt moved it or changed its name so maybe a virus is involved Now i cant even find it on quot search quot Its not even there anymore Im starting to worry alot i think someone hacked in my computer or something Can anyone help me or just tell me if something like this happened to any of you I didnt delete this file and its not in my recycle bin But its not found anywhere else Its like the file never existed please help

A:very important Word File Lost :(

The Documents folder is a shortcut (it is a vurtual folder).
Look in the real folder to see if you can find it,
click on My computer,
C:/Users/"your user name"/Documents

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/224936-very-important-word-file-lost.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I recently re-formatted my PC and everything Problem DVD Important Data Lost - that I wanted to keep which wasn t a lot a burned onto a single DVD Even though it wasn t a lot it was quite important The software told me the data had burned correctly and everything was hunky dory but I stupidly didn t check to make sure Now I ve re-formatted my PC I go into my computer and select the drive and one folder is in there but no sub-folders with my files If i right click on the Drive in My computer it says it s full with GB of stuff yet when I right click on the single folder in there it says no folders or files in there I don t know why it s DVD Problem - Important Data Lost doing this but it s really frustrating as some treasured photo s are on there and important work files If anyone can help I d really appreciate it Thank You nbsp

A:DVD Problem - Important Data Lost

You might try a program like " Isobuster" to retrieve your data. If the data was actually written to the disk you should be able to see it.
http://www.isobuster.com/isobusterdownload.php

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-problem-important-data-lost.858901/
Relevancy 54.61%

I successfully installed WAU on my GB really Update successfully Installing small Anniversary on devices less than GB -in- over two weeks ago after two MS techicians using remote access had not It worked well for about five hours then as my my local technician explains for completely unconnected reasons the SSD failed unrepairably I am replacing the computer Installing Anniversary Update successfully on small devices with a very similar one but with some upgrades especially GB and bits So when it arrives with Windows pre-installed I am not expecting to have the same 'small device' issues when I update this time But for the benefit of those who may continue with GB machines I will ouline how I did it as someone with virtually no technical expertise whatsoeve It may help someone over a long period I had moved absolutely everything I could files media apps programs to external USB and SD not very expensive I continually cleaned away junk every day running tools like Enhanced CCleaner as a result the MS techs found there was not much more they could clean and Windows' own Disk Cleaner was of little use I added a new empty USB drive GB which was brought into use by the system automatically during the installation still the Update Assistant kept reporting that it could not proceed as there was not the GB minimum free required nearly but not quite enough then I noticed that during the unnsucceful install efforts a new Windows old file had been created several GB and maybe just enough I knew I might be 'burning my bridges quot even so I deleted it The Assistant instantly sprang into life I had the GB the installation began and completed in about an hour without any problems During the five hours during which I had the Anniversary Update on my 'small machine' I sampled all the new features I could all worked smoothly and in general I felt they were worthwhile enhancements which I have missed for the past few weeks having to fall back on an unfamiliar Android tablet I am looking forward to the delivery of my new Windows machine I am somewhat disappointed in MS not having provided support and solutions for 'small devices' as was rumoured they were planning to do As time passes there will be many more user phones tablets hybrides --- there should be more help for them If a laymen like me with so little expertise plus luck can do it so too can others

A:Installing Anniversary Update successfully on small devices

PS ---- I should have added that I carried out a clean install, probably a significant extra point.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/62905-installing-anniversary-update-successfully-small-devices.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have read many posts about problems due to the fact that after the installation of MS Updates the computer began to freeze, BSOD or just work slowly. The most usual cause is the fact that the updates are downloaded and installed at the same time. Many of these updates require restarting the computer. This fact causes conflicts and problems when the updates are not installed properly. Next week a large number of updates are expected, change your update settings to notify, only. Install manually, and one at a time. We rather you come to the forum giving help rather than seeking it.

A:Install Updates Properly-Important

yes
your first step should be:
1) Re-boot (Re-start)

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/279358-install-updates-properly-important.html
Relevancy 54.61%

When Windows 8.1 pro starts up a message saying Windows Update. Important updates are available Go to PC, it stays very briefly.

Checking Windows updates it says no updates so I checked for updates and it found none, I have Windows update to Install update automatically.

Has any one else had this message or know what the cause is?

Walter

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/69587-windows-update-important-updates-available-go-pc.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have been meaning to post about this for some time.

I don't understand why MS categorizes Microsoft Security Essentials updates as "optional". These should be rated important or critical.

Is everyone else using MSE experiencing this also - Or am I missing something in my update settings?

A:Why does MS not categorize MSE definition updates as important??

That is a good question to ask Microsoft. I am wondering too. Always check the optionals.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/201629-why-does-ms-not-categorize-mse-definition-updates-important.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi, I just restored my laptop to factory settings, windows update has now decided it wants to install 115 updates, 107 of which are 'important'. Is it necessary to install all of them? Can I get away with just getting the most recent ones? It wouldn't bother me but they will take an age to install and take up the best part of 1GB of disk space...

Thanks.

Relevancy 54.61%

ther are still 88 important updates that needs to be installed on the 2 windows 8 pc 's i have in the internet shop.

how serious is this to the security of the 2 pc's ??

will this greatly affect the virus and malware vulnerability ??

thank you

all machines windows 8 64bit

A:88 important updates cannot install windows 8 how serious

Important enough I would say, if you are concerned about too many updates or have other concerns, you can pick and choose only security updates. Other way would be to have only important chosen to download and install. There are also some updates without which you will not be able to upgrade to W8.1. As computers are used in the internet shop, it's even more important to take advantage of any security improvement you can get your hands on.
I suppose you have set tight security on them and network, route etc. You can also ad: MCShield ::Anti-Malware Tool:: to guard against malware thru USB sticks if you allow customers to use them. Which other security measures have you taken ? AVs, soft/hard firewalls etc. ?

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/61206-88-important-updates-cannot-install-windows-8-how-serious.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello, i was given a Sager NP2096 and i fresh installed Win7 64bit HP, i entered key and activated. However windows update is not working after 4 fresh install attempts. I tried upgrading to Windows 10 but after downloading and verifying Win 10 was stuck in update mode same as Windows Update.

Seems most of the this notebooks drivers are from as far back as 2008 so i assume I need some windows updates. The fresh install does have service back 1.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/395038-most-important-windows-updates-you-should-download.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello Every one who read this Topic

My name is wez

i've been having this problem and havent been able to install important updates for around 5 months now and my pc aint functioning properly as the updates are needed .

Here is a screen shot of how it looks for me when i try to install them The green bar just keeps moving across and everything else stays the same no change no % goes
up

I dont understand why i cant install the updates iv'e done all the systym check it says its fine , i download the microsoft fix it and that found nothing , any one have any help ? Thanks in advance , need any more info just ask

A:Important Windows Updates Stuck On 0% ?

You apparently have a download problem. Check here whether there is something that might help: http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527

Especially look at this one: The progress bar stops responding at 0 percent when you click "Download and install" There is a Fix-it download.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/200189-important-windows-updates-stuck-0-a.html
Relevancy 54.61%

...to go along with the RC that was released. Both IE8 related.

Relevancy 54.61%

I was wondering if anyone had problems with the installation of the new round of updates that just came from microsoft This is the list of them cum update for media ctr KB security update KB security update microsoft office updates new round on of info. important system KB security update microsoft office exel KB security update windows vista KB security update microsoft office system KB security update microsoft works important info. on new round of updates KB security update important info. on new round of updates microsoft office system KB windows malicious software removal tool KB security update windows vista KB update rollup for activeX killbits windows vista KB cum security update for IE KB security update microsoft office word KB The only thing I did was not install IE I still don't have that installed because I don't know if they fixed the problem with the web printing from HP The error was on a black screen with a red X on a reboot and it said AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED WHILE SETTING UP SYSTEM there was a string address but I didn't get that It also said the error was logged Does anyone know where I can find this log Should I do a system restore back After I hit enter my computer started up ok But I don't know what happened to my system files HELP please Addie

A:important info. on new round of updates

Do a system restore, disable any third party Anti-Virus program and try installing the updates. This is how I managed to solve my problem. HTH.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/231671-important-info-new-round-updates.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Office 2013 - Important Updates

Manually download:

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/...px?q=KB3039795

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/53239-office-2013-important-updates.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have read many posts about problems due to the fact that after the installation of MS Updates the computer began to freeze, BSOD or just work slowly. The most usual cause is the fact that the updates are downloaded and installed at the same time. Many of these updates require restarting the computer. This fact causes conflicts and problems when the updates are not installed properly. Next week a large number of updates are expected, change your update settings to notify, only. Install manually, and one at a time. We rather you come to the forum giving help rather than seeking it.

A:Install Updates Correctly-Important

Quote: Originally Posted by richc46

Great information. Thanks for the warning about the updates coming soon.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/89189-install-updates-correctly-important.html
Relevancy 54.61%

In the windows 8.1 pro windows update I tried to download and install all 92 important updates after it was thinking with the green bar moving from side to side instead start downloading the updates I got error:

Code 80248007 windows update ran into problem.

How can I solve it ?

A:Tried to install 92 important updates but get error why ?

Solved it with this tip: Open start and search for Action Center and then open troubleshooter there and run troubleshooter for Windows Update. Do these steps in the PC which you face the problem.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/66094-tried-install-92-important-updates-but-get-error-why.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I know this is Patch Tuesday but 35. I am still working on a couple of issues resulting for some of the Optional Updates over the past couple of weeks. Looking forward to hearing how the install for these goes.

I think I will wait a bit.

A:UNBELIEVABLE! 35 Important Updates Just Showed Up

See:

May 12th 2015 Windows Updates Security Bulletin Details

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/65782-unbelievable-35-important-updates-just-showed-up.html
Relevancy 54.61%

i ws simply using my phone nd when i opened PHOTOS AND VIDEO LOCKER APP it showed get started....all my images and some videos were not shown...so how to get them recovered...or have i lost those ? ..plz rply asap ...its an very important data

A:suddenly some app crashed and very important data is lost

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question i ws simply using my phone nd when i opened PHOTOS AND VIDEO LOCKER APP it showed get started....all my images and some videos were not shown...so how to get them recovered...or have i lost those ? ..plz rply asap ...its an very important data you can use a file explorer app to check your local data or use a pc and connect with USB to check the photos on the phone
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/435630-suddenly-some-app-crashed-very-important-data-lost.html
Relevancy 54.61%

i need a help from your side. i was working on my notebook. by mistake i deleted my pics and some important data. i want to get them back. how can i? please tell me. its very important for me.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/i-was-lost-my-pics-and-other-important-data-how-can-i/td-p/5798855
Relevancy 54.61%

Hey guys I have a school report I've been working on for amonths now on my Mum's computer I recently purchased my own so Lost file '07 Microsoft offic on important I emailed the file from her computer onto mine and downloaded it onto my Office Word The file was uncompatible with my version of office even though it was from the same disc we bought for my Mum's Lost important file on Microsoft offic '07 computer so it was always saved to autosave In order to upload it to the school it needs to be saved to the computer and not in autosave So I tried to save it and got a pop-up message that told me it was incompatible but I could still save it with no problems i don't Lost important file on Microsoft offic '07 remember the exact wording So I went ahead and hit quot yes quot now the file is missing from the computer and no matter how much searching I do i can't find it Any shortcuts or links to it that existed before don't exist anymore Help

A:Lost important file on Microsoft offic '07

Welcome,
I have several suggestions. The original should still be on your Moms compter. If it is not, you have an automatic back up feature in Seven.
You may want to try and restore from that, see option 2
Restore Backup User and System Files

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/241268-lost-important-file-microsoft-offic-07-a.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I installed Tuneup utilities software yesterday, it asked me to Optimize my system . But today as i checked for my hidden folder in windows Drive (c) ,it had disappeared. Now can u please help me out as to how i can restore that folder as it contained important data including photos,files,videos. I also tried System restore but it didnt work.

A:Help help help its urgent ... Lost an important hidden folder

Welcome to Seven Forums.
Tuneup utilities has its own restore function to undo changes it has made, try that.
Then don't use the Optimizer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/271497-help-help-help-its-urgent-lost-important-hidden-folder.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I'm looking for some help on this one.I just installed XP SP3 on my HP and everything appeared to go well. Then as directed I installed the additional security updates. However, everytime I click the "Turn Off Computer" button it will display the message to Click turn off to install important updates...... I have done this several times & the message keeps appearing. I've restored to the point following the SP3 install, no luck.I have also removed an SQL update (KB948109) which I thought may be the problem, still no luck.I can't seem to get rid of the message..... Any suggestions would be appreciated.

A:Click Turn Off To Install Important Updates......

Turn off auto updates...at least, temporarily...and the issue should go away.Auto updating and WinUpdates have problems sometimes...I suppose that's why there's a WinUpdate troubleshooter, Microsoft Windows Update Troubleshooter - http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/ Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/156961/click-turn-off-to-install-important-updates/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi, just wondering if I'm the only one to have noted that MS offers to install pending Windows Updates on the Safe Mode login screen in an identical fashion to normal mode.

...er.. did you notice the inconsistency?

Situation: Set Windows Updates to notify, not download. Require password to log in. With pending windows updates, go to safe mode. MS use exactly the same screen as in normal mode, including the notification of updates and instruction to go to PC Settings to install them.

...er.. but it's Safe Mode... please sir, I haven't got an internet connection...

Oops?

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/45677-important-updates-go-pc-settings-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 54.18%

My update settings changing only--help? updates important to laptop currently has all the default update setting checked so it installs all changing update settings to important updates only--help? optional recommended and important updates Is it okay to change the setting to install only important updates What are the recommended and optional updates I will not be getting What are the pros and cons of changing this setting I am wanting to do it because I do not want windows I do actually already have the windows update installed in my update list It apparently downloaded in December However my laptop never upgraded to windows I have read that for some people their computers randomly upgraded to windows without them telling it to but for some people that never happens I am hoping I can keep it from happening by changing my update setting to download important updates changing update settings to important updates only--help? only But I only want to do that if it changing update settings to important updates only--help? won't cause any problems I do know I can uninstall and hide the windows update number but in all the research I did nearly everyone who said they did that said the update installed again anyway and there is actually no way to get rid of it Thank you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/changing-update-settings-to-important-updates-only-help-1091322.html
Relevancy 54.18%

My laptop currently has all the default update setting checked so it installs important changing settings only--help? updates update to all optional recommended and important updates Is it okay to change the setting to install only important updates What are the recommended and optional updates I will not be getting What are the pros and cons of changing this setting I am wanting to do it because I do not want windows I do actually already have the windows update installed in my update list It apparently downloaded in December However my laptop never upgraded to windows I have read that for some people their computers randomly upgraded to windows without them telling it to but for some people that never happens I am hoping I can keep it from happening by changing my update setting to download important updates only But I only want to do that if it won't cause any problems I do know I can uninstall and hide the windows update number but in all the research I did nearly everyone who said they did that said the update changing update settings to important updates only--help? installed again anyway and there is actually no way to get rid of it Thank you

A:changing update settings to important updates only--help?

I don't let it download anything myself, and I uncheck the box for give me recommended updates the same as important, these are my settings,

And with this tutorial I've set it to disable OS upgrades,

Upgrade to Windows 10 Update - Enable or Disable in Windows 7 or 8.1 - Windows 10 Forums

Not sure if you have pro version, if you do you can use either method, if you just have the home version then you can only use option one.

I haven't had anything forced on me and I am in control of what gets downloaded, I install them all anyway except for silverlight and skype.

You have to do it manually but at least you know when and what you are installing.

I'm not sure there is setting that you are looking for, only install important updates doesn't seem be an option.

Separating the recommended from important by unchecking that box in the blue outline will give you only important updates in the important section.

As for the W10 update already downloaded, I think there is a way to get rid of it, I can't remember right now I'm sure someone else will come along with more info.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/73821-changing-update-settings-important-updates-only-help.html