Windows Support Forum

IE11 update error 9C48 Win 7 Starter

Q: IE11 update error 9C48 Win 7 Starter

Hello, I have just reinstalled Windows 7 Starter on my Asus Netbook. I have spent yesterday installing updates and there is one update that is giving trouble.

It is the update for IE11 for Win 7. It fails with the error code: 9C48

The only third party programs I've installed is Chrome

The CBS.zip file is over 9MB so the forum will not allow me to post it. The result from sfc /scannow was:

Code:
Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
I could upload the zip to dropbox or Google Drive if that would help. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I've uploaded the CBS zip to google drive. Link here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9b...it?usp=sharing

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: IE11 update error 9C48 Win 7 Starter

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: IE11 update error 9C48 Win 7 Starter

Hi and Welcome to Seven Forums,

Take a look at this tread on the same issue - Windows Update Failure Error Code 9C48 Unable to Fix. - Microsoft Community

Does this help?

Regards,
Jamie

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/339735-ie11-update-error-9c48-win-7-starter.html
Relevancy 105.78%

I have a new laptop running Win Pro SP -bit as its operating system It came with IE I've been applying the failure IE11 Another Error - 9C48 Code Update dozens of Windows updates that keep showing up and they all seemed to apply successfuly until I reached the IE update upgrade That's when things got weird -It kept saying that it had failed with an error code of C -If I restarted it tried to reinstall the update which failed and then when I would re-run Windows Update it would show the IE update as an important pending update to be applied -However when I would launch IE and check the quot About IE quot info it showed that I was running IE not IE It was as if it was sort of installed but not fully Through internet searching I stumbled on a couple of your threads I hadn't read the warning about quot don't try acting on advice given to another user quot yet so I tried some of the suggestions as follows - I installed and ran the System Update Readiness Tool The CheckSUR and CheckSURpersist logs both show quot no errors detected quot -I ran System File Checker sfc scannow and the result was that quot Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations quot If Another IE11 Update failure - Error Code 9C48 I had known about quot verify only quot I would have run that but this was my first exposure to this tool -I doublechecked a list of IE update prerequisites and it looked to me as though all the required updates were installed Here's where I got brave or foolhardy -When I scanned some of my logs I found some comments about quot newer version already installed quot -I followed the instructions for manually uninstalling IE that I found on the MSDN blog site through a link I found in your Oct thread on this error -I also made sure to change my Windows Update settings so no updates would try to auto install -I overlooked and therefore did NOT do the additional step recommended in your October thread the one that reads as follows quot Start an Elevated Command Prompt Type in pressing enter after each line cd quot userprofile Desktop quot IE Update exe update-no Allow the installation to complete Restart your computer when done quot Current status -My version of IE is back to being IE and it appears to be working normally -Windows Update is offering me downloads for IE and IE as quot important quot and IE as quot optional I have not applied any of these updates -I have applied all other Windows updates offered to date but I check first to see what they are I need to know what I should do next - the appropriate steps and their sequence -do I need to do the last step from the October thread described above -do I have to install IE and then IE before installing IE -what else do I need to do I want to get Windows and IE settled down so I can proceed with installing other programs as I migrate from my old laptop The machine came with the OS preinstalled and so far all I've added are Norton and Firefox Thanks

A:Another IE11 Update failure - Error Code 9C48

Here are some of my log files - CheckSUR, CheckSURpersist, IE11_main and windowsupdate.

I assume you may want to see my CBS logs, but I will need some help getting you what you want. I wound up with 1 CBS log and 5 CBSpersist logs, and when I zipped the folder it was 171MB in size which is way too big to upload here. I can try zipping the individual files to see if any of them would be small enough to upload.

FYI, I'm not an IT person and I have minimal experience knowing what I'm seeing when I try to read a log file. So please keep things simple where you can.

Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/362731-another-ie11-update-failure-error-code-9c48.html
Relevancy 105.78%

Hello everyone It's been a while I finally changed my laptop 'cause its GPU got burnt and they gave me a brand new Lenovo Z through error Update 9C48 IE11 code Windows i - m with a GT M not bad Anyhow while updating after a new installation of Windows every single one update got installed successfully except one partially you'll see what I mean the notorious IE which always comes up with error C And I say partially because I HAVE IE installed successfully the first time I installed it through Windows Update exhibit A amp B below I know that I am making much fuzz IE11 error code 9C48 through Windows Update for nothing now 'cause I could just hide that update and go on with my life But I know that's something is not right and it's a shame to begin a brand new installation of my precious Windows with errors SURT installation completed successfully KB IE11 error code 9C48 through Windows Update sfc scannow didn't find any integrity violations I have included only the CBS log and CheckSUR logs on my rar file because I exceed the mb limit with the CBS Persist zip folders Thanks in advance for everyone's time to read my post Peace out

A:IE11 error code 9C48 through Windows Update

Sounds to me like a corrupted store somewhere - but before we start messing, let's have a look at some other files...
Please upload the following files.
C:\Windows\windowsupdate.log
C:\windows\IE11_main.log

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/347708-ie11-error-code-9c48-through-windows-update.html
Relevancy 104.49%

A couple of months ago this system had problems with KB which when installed would cause all MSI files to fail to install In the process of fixing that I used System Restore several times to roll back to different points After I discovered it was KB and uninstalled it things were fine Until it reinstalled itself again later and I had to remove it again This month Windows Update would never finish checking for updates I went into Add Remove Programs to see if KB had installed itself Windows Redected Error 9C48; KB2871997 Update IE11 Always again but that listed no installed updates I tried SFC scannow and it wouldn't run I tried Windows Update IE11 Error 9C48; KB2871997 Always Redected System Restore and it didn't help I manually created HKLM Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Component Based Servicing Version according to this Windows Modules Installer Error - Microsoft Community and then things started to work Windows Update SFC and updates being listed in Add Remove Programs - though only a few were listed Now an optional update IE refuses to install - it gives error code C IE is already installed Additionally KB succeeds but keeps showing up It also doesn't seem like I got the latest batch of patches - only a few items were listed Windows Update IE11 Error 9C48; KB2871997 Always Redected when I checked for updates though I'm not sure about this CBS zip attached The CBS directory has cab files that aren't included they make the zip file greater than the MB limit CbsPersist cab CbsPersist cab CbsPersist cab CbsPersist cab CbsPersist cab From my brief look at the log it looks like there are more registry keys that are missing broken sfc scannow reported no integrity violations Thanks

A:Windows Update IE11 Error 9C48; KB2871997 Always Redected

The CheckSUR log shows this error...

Code:
Checking Package Watchlist
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x00000002 Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Component Based Servicing\PackageDetect Failed to open store key
SFC/CBS shows the following error...

Code:
2014-11-12 21:02:30, Info CBS Starting TrustedInstaller initialization.
2014-11-12 21:02:30, Info CBS Fallback code servicing stack search path during setup...
2014-11-12 21:02:30, Info CBS TI found cbscore.dll at: C:\Windows\servicing\0.0.0.1
2014-11-12 21:02:30, Info CBS Failed to load Core DLL from path: C:\Windows\servicing\0.0.0.1\cbscore.dll [HRESULT = 0x8007007e - ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND]
2014-11-12 21:02:30, Info CBS Failed to initialize CBS Core. [HRESULT = 0x8007007e - ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND]
2014-11-12 21:02:30, Info CBS Ending TrustedInstaller initialization.
2014-11-12 21:02:30, Info CBS Failed to initialize Trusted Installer. [HRESULT = 0x8007007e - ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND]
2014-11-12 21:02:30, Info CBS Starting TrustedInstaller finalization.
2014-11-12 21:02:30, Info CBS Trusted Installer core was not initialized.
2014-11-12 21:02:30, Info CBS Ending TrustedInstaller finalization.
2014-11-12 21:02:53, Info CBS Starting TrustedInstaller initialization.
2014-11-12 21:02:53, Info CBS Fallback code servicing stack search path during setup...
2014-11-12 21:02:53, Info CBS TI found cbscore.dll at: C:\Windows\servicing\0.0.0.1
2014-11-12 21:02:53, Info CBS Failed to load Core DLL from path: C:\Windows\servicing\0.0.0.1\cbscore.dll [HRESULT = 0x8007007e - ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND]
2014-11-12 21:02:53, Info CBS Failed to initialize CBS Core. [HRESULT = 0x8007007e - ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND]
2014-11-12 21:02:53, Info CBS Ending TrustedInstaller initialization.
2014-11-12 21:02:53, Info CBS Failed to initialize Trusted Installer. [HRESULT = 0x8007007e - ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND]
2014-11-12 21:02:53, Info CBS Starting TrustedInstaller finalization.
2014-11-12 21:02:53, Info CBS Trusted Installer core was not initialized.
I suspect that your system is beyond manual repair - and therefore suggest that you attempt a repair install of the OS
See the instructions here... Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/352098-windows-update-ie11-error-9c48-kb2871997-always-redected.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello. It all started couple of days ago when I wansn't able to start my Skype, because at the login window Skype uses Internet Explorer I've been trying couple of days to do something. At first I was getting internet explorer 10 update error, but somehow, magically, that update installed, but now!!! now it says that there's Internet explorer 9 update error! Please help, guys, really frustrated that I can't use skype, I really need it for my work. ty.

I've made logs with System Update Readiness Tool as suggested here Windows Update Posting Instructions, but when I try to attach it, it says

Quote:
CBS.zip:
Your file of 10.84 MB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 8.30 MB for this filetype.

What should I do? I've tried to zip CBS and to rar it, but the size is still bigger than allowed. HELP!

A:Windows update error 9C48, Internet Explorer update.

I'm thinking my CSB file is bigger than it has to be because I've been running this System Update Readiness Tool couple of times in last few days, maybe I should delete something out of there?

Update: I uploaded it here http://ge.tt/4ab6s9i/v/0, sorry if it's against the forum rulse, or something, will do as it must be done if this isn't appropriate. thx

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/292074-windows-update-error-9c48-internet-explorer-update.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I have an update "Windows Explorer 9 for Windows 7" update which terminates with the error code 9C48.
I have looked at a lot of fixes on the Web & this Forum and none seem to work.

I have tried the Command line prompt -:FORFILES /P %WINDIR%\servicing\Packages /M Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-*9.*.mum /c "cmd /c echo Uninstalling package @fname && start /w pkgmgr /up:@fname /norestart"

Also
"Control Panel/Programs/Progs & Features/Installed Update " but get a msg "Error Occured"

I have also tried the "Fix it" but get "Access Denied" although I have Administrator Status

IE 9 seems to be working ok but I am concerned I may not be getting security updates.

Any Help would be appreciated

Regards John

A:IE update Error 9C48

I dread to think what state your machine is in after those commands

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/274891-ie-update-error-9c48.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I got this windows IE9 update 36.7 mb, but no matter what I do the update fails after restore point is created. It seems I got the same problem as here: Update fails with error code 9C48. - Microsoft Answers but it keeps failing. I tried disabling my Avast AV but no luck. Any ideas how to fix this?

A:IE9 W7 64-bit update keeps failing (error 9C48)

Hello mystvearn

Sorry you seem to have been missed. Have you checked the Prerequisites before installing IE9 - Prerequisites for installing Internet Explorer 9 and also here - Troubleshoot problems when you cannot install Internet Explorer 9.
Also run the system file checker just incase there are any system errors - SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker.

It may also be worth trying the offline installer from here - Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - Windows Internet Explorer 9 for Windows 7 64-bit Edition and Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit Edition

Regards Danny

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/184627-ie9-w7-64-bit-update-keeps-failing-error-9c48.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hello, I'm trying to install an update to IE9 but get the error code 9C48.

I've tried to uninstall IE9 but it is not listed in the Windows Update section.

Originally I was trying to install win7 SP1, but was getting an error saying "newer software alreay installed" I think.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers

A:Error code 9C48 when trying to update IE9

This can repair windows updates problems Windows Repair (All In One)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/306857-error-code-9c48-when-trying-update-ie9.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Ive recently bought a new laptop and I installed all the drivers I got and I also update everything via Windows Update except this IE 11 update.

I cant install it at all. Any solution?

A:IE 11 update fails. Error: 9C48

Well; the ie11 was really designed for windows 8; and therefore ie 11 can be installed on windows 7. That might be why you cant install it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/332945-ie-11-update-fails-error-9c48.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Why am I continuing to receive Windows Update Error C To Whom It May Concern I am receiving Update Error C which according to my update history is Internet Explorer for Windows for x -based Systems Installation date AM Installation status Failed Error details Code C Update type Important Download the fast and fluid browser recommended for Windows Internet Explorer Fast and fluid Windows error 9C48 update for Windows Fast Fast at loading sites and fluid as you navigate through them Easy Seamless with Windows it just works the way you want Safer Better protection from threats and increased privacy online More information http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Help and Support http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Windows update error 9C48 I have received this error beginning thru Present When attempting to run the update on March it again failed Attempting to open Internet Explorer it now defaults to a page called portalsites com I have attempted to reassert Internet Explorer as my home page and as my default menu but I can not change either The portalsites com page is still changing my settings Also I continue to receive pop up messages stating internet explorer has stopped working followed by this web page caused this program to shut down What actions do I need to take to resolve the issue I need your expertise and knowledge please I have attached a copy of the thread I was getting MS MVP support from It is very detailed as to my problem and my attempts to correct with the MS rep http answers microsoft com en-us windows forum windows -windows update why-am-i-continuing-to-receive-windows-update c - b - d - d- fefe Windows update error 9C48 page amp msgId b c-e - c - df- e f

A:Windows update error 9C48

Follow the Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help from item 6.  Once you have posted your log, please pay particular attention to the advice in item 8 - the response time may be less than that quoted.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526542/windows-update-error-9c48/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi and thank you in advance for your help I work for a school and am having an issue with IE on many machines I just imaged IE will not go to internal intranet links 9c48 x64 update failing 11 Error IE and is many times not loading or slowly loading pages I read in another forum to uninstall the IE update I did this on one computer rebooted then tried to manually install IE However that didn't work So I let it do IE 11 x64 update failing Error 9c48 updates It pulled down IE IE and IE in windows updater I performed the updates times each time with one failing until I am at the final update which is IE and it fails I performed a registry fix using CCleaner but no dice I have seen on some other threads here that after running the CheckSUR tool there has been a fix given I was wondering if this is something I need to do for every machine about or if there is a way I can fix it myself Thanks for any help Machine Specs HP Compaq DC CMT Win pro x gb RAM gb Seagate HD NVIDIA GeForce Graphics Card Intel Core Duo Microsoft Forefront Endpoint

A:IE 11 x64 update failing Error 9c48

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data
If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/343984-ie-11-x64-update-failing-error-9c48.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I get an error 9C48 when trying to update IE9 on win7 64bit.

A:Error 9C48 with IE9 update on win7 64

The CheckSUR log shows the following problems....

Code:
Unavailable repair files:
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2744842~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2744842~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_2_for_KB2744842~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_2_for_KB2744842~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2744842_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2744842_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2744842~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2744842~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2744842~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2744842~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_2_for_KB2744842~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_2_for_KB2744842~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2744842_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2744842_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2744842~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2744842~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.cat
The background errors in the CBS log agree.
I'll post a fix when I can - hopefully tomorrow

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/300944-error-9c48-ie9-update-win7-64-a.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi there, Need some help getting some updates that won't update. This is for installing IE10 (which is funny because I'm already running IE 10) and then installing IE 11.

Downloaded the System Update Readiness Tool and installed it

Completed a SFC scan (no problems detected)

Ran the windows update repair tool

Nothing made a difference.

Here's a link to the CBS.zip https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B27...ew?usp=sharing

Thanks,

Shawn

A:Update error code 9C48 and 9C59

You appear to have some major corruption.
Here's what CheckSUR found...

Code:
servicing\packages\Package_110_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_146_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_147_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_148_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_149_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_150_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_151_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_152_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_153_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_154_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_155_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_156_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_157_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_158_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_159_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_160_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_161_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_162_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_163_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_164_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_165_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_166_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_167_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_168_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_169_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_170_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_171_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_172_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_173_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_174_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_175_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_176_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_177_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_178_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_179_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_180_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2345886~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2416471~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2446709~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2454826~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.2.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2467659~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2522422~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2656373~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2859903~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.2.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2925418~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.2.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2964358~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.2.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB978262~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB978506~31bf3856ad364e... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/351652-update-error-code-9c48-9c59.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I get this error trying to install "Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems"

I already have IE 11 installed and running properly, so I know it's stuck somewhere.
I followed the Windows Update Posting Instructions post before starting this thread, so I have run the System Update Readiness Tool and System File Checker. I'm attaching the CBS zip file.

Oh, and this system is running Windows 7 Home Premium. My system specs are for a different computer.

A:Windows Update Error Code 9C48

We need the full CBS folder data - what you've uploaded so far is almost useless.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/349649-windows-update-error-code-9c48.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I ran Windows Update and there is an update for IE 9, but when I try to install it I get error code 9c48. I have tried every fix on the net to repair this, but to no avail. I have tried to uninstall IE9 and reinstall, but there is no update for IE9 in my installed updates. I have run sft / scannow and tried to fix the dll. I also have cleaned the registry and repaired the .net framework and 6-8 hours later. Still no IE, still no update.

I don't care about the update as long as I have a working version of Internet Explorer on my machine. Please help! I also have attached the .txt document of the cbs/logs with the erros from the scannow command.

Please help! Thanks.

A:Error Code 9c48 when installing IE9 Update Win 7

Please try out this fix. It may solve this problem or error.

1. First of all close all programs which are running on your computer and restart the Windows.
2. When Windows have started then click on the “Start” button and then click on the “All programs”
3. Now click on the “Accessories” and after that click on the “Run”.
4. Now you have to type "Services.msc" command in “Run” to open the Administrator Tools' Services panel.
5. Now find the "Windows Module Installer" service entry. If it’s status is 'disabled' then right click the entry and choose 'Properties' and change the startup state to 'Manual', click 'Apply' and then 'OK'.
6. Restart your computer.

You should be able to update your internet Explorer 9(ie9) without any error message popping up on the screen.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/216503-error-code-9c48-when-installing-ie9-update-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 74.39%

HI all,

Just registered after seeing a similar thread on here to the issue I have.

I have a laptop with 7 Home premium 64 bit SP1 that is up to date with the exception of an IE9 update that refuses to install at all.

Have tried various different methods but to no avail including attempting to remove IE9 and then try a reinstall.

Uninstall hasn't been possible. Any help would be much appreciated.

Attachment 256916

Attachment 256917

A:Win7 64 Update failed Error 9C48

Hello adz76 and welcome to the forums

I've never seen a 9C48 error code from these problems before! Thank you for all of the logs, they are very helpful.

Windows Update Package Replacement

Warning: this fix is specific to the user in this thread. No one else should follow these instructions as it may cause more harm than good. If you are after assistance, please start a thread of your own.

Please download the attached file, Packs.zip and save this to your Desktop.
Right-click on the file and select Extract All...
Tick the box labelled Show extracted files when complete then click Extract
A window will open showing two folders, Manifests and Packages
Open the Manifests folder and copy the files into the following folder (if there are any files)

C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\Winsxs\Manifests

Open the Packages folder and copy the files into the following folder (if there are any files)

C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\Servicing\Packages

Run the System Update Readiness Tool (SURT) again
When the SURT finishes installing, copy (Ctrl + C) and paste (Ctrl + V) the contents of the SURT log into your next post please:

C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.persist.log
You will probably be shown the error code 0x8024200D after performing this fix, if so, please download and install the update from this link. It must be downloaded using Internet Explorer.

Download Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 9 in Windows 7 x64 Edition (KB2675157) from Official Microsoft Download Center

If you aren't shown an 8024200D, please let me know - it isn't an issue, I would just like to know for future reference.

Tom

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/279973-win7-64-update-failed-error-9c48.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I got error code 9c48 when trying to install the important update for IE9. Not only has the update failed, but it has caused IE9 to be inoperable, resulting in NO browser. I can't seem to find any solution. Please help.

A:IE9 Update Failed - Error code 9c48

Try a system integrity scan
RUN > CMD > SFC /SCANNOW

Also try using firefox to access the net,then uninstall IE & download to install IE9 again.

You can try rolling back to your previous ver as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/165023-ie9-update-failed-error-code-9c48.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I managed to fix most of the checksur errors (there was 8 in the beginning) on my own but now I am stuck.
Anyway I am on Windows 7 SP1 32 bit, I have run checksur and then sfc and uploaded the CBS folder with the logs.
Thanks in advance

A:Error code 9C48 when trying to install IE 11 update

CheckSUR found and fixed one problem.

SFC found this error...

Code:
Line 4787: 2014-09-10 01:33:43, Info CSI 000001db [SR] Repairing 1 components
Line 4788: 2014-09-10 01:33:43, Info CSI 000001dc [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
Line 4791: 2014-09-10 01:33:44, Info CSI 000001de [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"mshtml.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-IE-HTMLRendering, Version = 11.2.9600.17107, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 4794: 2014-09-10 01:33:45, Info CSI 000001e0 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"mshtml.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-IE-HTMLRendering, Version = 11.2.9600.17107, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 4795: 2014-09-10 01:33:45, Info CSI 000001e1 [SR] This component was referenced by [l:152{76}]"Package_1_for_KB2953522~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~11.2.1.0.2953522-2_neutral_GDR"
I'll post a fix protocol for it later.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/344944-error-code-9c48-when-trying-install-ie-11-update.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello all I've been having a similar problem to what has been addressed here already and I Update IE10 9C48 - Error Failed was hoping that I could get some help I am IE10 Update Failed - Error 9C48 running IE on Windows Home Premium bit and haven't really been having any IE10 Update Failed - Error 9C48 problems except that Windows keeps trying to update to IE and when I let the update run it fails with error code C I think the update keeps coming back because in Windows Features it only shows IE and in the installed updates it only shows IE IE10 Update Failed - Error 9C48 I've tried uninstalling IE but there is nowhere to execute an uninstall command no version of IE shows up in the Remove Programs menu in Control Panel I would like for the auto update to go away because these three features are synched auto update windows features and installed updates rather than hiding the update and running the IE Update Blocker I have attached the CBS log and a screenshot of the error Thank you in advance Attachment Attachment Attachment Attachment

A:IE10 Update Failed - Error 9C48

Both CheckSUR and SFC are free of problems - so we'll have to look elsewhere.

It may be a case of attempting to rip IE10 out by the roots...
command line uninstall IE10 on W7 may help with that.

Please post the C:\Windows\windowsupdate.log file and all IE*.log files

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/319452-ie10-update-failed-error-9c48.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I keep getting an error code 9C48 when trying to install this one important update:
Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems
Download size: 69.1 MB
You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.
Update type: Important

Also every time I turn my computer off at night there is always a message saying installing 1 out of 1 updates.

A:Windows Update Error Code 9C48

Please try out this fix. It may solve this problem or error.
1. First of all close all programs which are running on your computer and restart the Windows.
2. When Windows have started then click on the “Start” button and then click on the “All programs”
3. Now click on the “Accessories” and after that click on the “Run”.
4. Now you have to type "Services.msc" command in “Run” to open the Administrator Tools' Services panel.
5. Now find the "Windows Module Installer" service entry. If it’s status is 'disabled' then right click the entry and choose 'Properties' and change the startup state to 'Manual', click 'Apply' and then 'OK'.
6. Restart your computer.

If that doesn't work try this: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/ie-10-worldwide-languages

Regards..............

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/502376/windows-update-error-code-9c48/
Relevancy 74.39%

I am running Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 and everytime I try to install IE11 from Windows update it gives me the 9C48 error. I've tried downloading and installing the IE 11 standalone installer but it keeps giving an error that "Setup cannot continue because a more recent version of Internet Explorer is installed on your computer".

I have been searching Google and these forums and I noticed people attach their CBS and checkSUR logs after running sfc /scannow, so I am doing that as well in hopes of someone being able to help.

I have tried so many different fixes, CheckSUR, subinacl, MS Hot fixes, uninstalling IE11 etc. I hope someone is able to help. Thanks in advance for your help.

A:Error code 9C48 when trying to install IE 11 update

I was curious if anyone knows how I can fix this issue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/349958-error-code-9c48-when-trying-install-ie-11-update.html
Relevancy 74.39%

While trying to perform windows updates on my laptop I received 800B0100 and 9C48 error codes. I have attached the CBS log. Please help me.

A:Windows Update Error 800B0100 and 9C48

Here's the error listing from your CheckSUR report.

Code:
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-versioninfo_31bf3856ad364e35_9.4.8112.20534_none_7445eb2820c0e93a.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-versioninfo_31bf3856ad364e35_9.4.8112.16434_none_73bc4e5d07a34970.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-runtimeutilities_31bf3856ad364e35_9.4.8112.20534_none_bcc3b658784afaae.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-winsockautodialstub_31bf3856ad364e35_9.4.8112.16434_none_64c1407a30738b31.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-winsockautodialstub_31bf3856ad364e35_9.4.8112.20534_none_654add4549912afb.manifest
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2559049_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.3.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2559049_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.3.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2559049~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.3.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2559049~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.3.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2559049_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.3.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2559049_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.3.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2559049~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.3.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2559049~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.3.cat
I'll post a fix for those in the morning if I can wake up in time

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/312213-windows-update-error-800b0100-9c48.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I have a Windows 7 Pro 64bit computer that won't install an update for Internet Explorer 9.

A:Internet Explorer 9 won't install update Error 9C48

please follow Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/330811-internet-explorer-9-wont-install-update-error-9c48.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello all,

First of all thanks a lot for this forum and its helpful and devoted members.
So here I am, with the terrible "9C48 code: windows update has encountered an unknown error" (sorry for the approximate translation...).
The update I'm trying to install is "Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7 for processor x64 computers" (58,4 Mo).
Although I already use Internet explorer 11.0.9600.17280, there's still, according to Windows update, an update to do but which fails every time I try.
I run a fresh clean new install (just formatted my computer), tried WindowsUpdateDiagnostic, Microsoft Fix it, System Update Readiness Tool (SURT) and SFC Scan.
Enclosed the CBS.zip, though there are several "CbsPersist_2014xxxxxxxxxx.zip" I had to delete as the file was too big to upload :-/
As my friend Georges would say, what else? Thanks for your help !

A:Windows update for Internet Explorer 11: 9C48 error

SFC appears to have corrected a few pending files operations - and CheckSUR was clear
There's no obvious problems in the background data from the CBS.log file, or CBSPersist file.

Please post the C:\Windows\windowsupdate.log file, and we'll se what that has to say.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/346030-windows-update-internet-explorer-11-9c48-error.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello I fails IE 11, error Windows Update code 0x80070003 9C48 & have the version of IE kb opened the browser When I try to reinstall it by looking in view updates - it was not there My windows update - Windows Update fails IE 11, error code 0x80070003 & 9C48 the IE keeps failing giving me an error of C I've used a Windows Update Diagnostic I have an error of when installing IE as well during the diagnostic I've tried the toolkit from windows I'm not sure which CBS file it is The first CBS file This is the second CBS file Here is the Windowslog file I've also included this which was in the log file Code Started Y M D local Time Format in this log MM ss mmm minutes seconds milliseconds Command line quot C Windows SoftwareDistribution Download Install WU-Windows -KB -x exe quot INFO Windows Update Install Cleaning up old registry entry KB INFO Windows Update Install Trying to extract package as quot C Windows TEMP IEF tmp Windows -KB -x cab quot INFO Windows Update Install Extracted new file to C Windows TEMP IEF tmp Windows -KB -x cab INFO Windows Update Install Setup return code x Started Y M D local Time Format in this log MM ss mmm minutes seconds milliseconds Command line quot C Windows SoftwareDistribution Download Install WU-Windows -KB -en exe quot INFO Windows Update Install Cleaning up old registry entry IE-Spelling-en cab INFO Windows Update Install Trying to extract package as quot C Windows TEMP IE tmp IE-Spelling-en cab quot INFO Windows Update Install Extracted new file to C Windows TEMP IE tmp IE-Spelling-en cab INFO Windows Update Install Setup return code x Started Y M D local Time Format in this log MM ss mmm minutes seconds milliseconds Command line quot C Windows SoftwareDistribution Download Install WU-Windows -KB -en exe quot INFO Windows Update Install Cleaning up old registry entry IE-Hyphenation-en cab INFO Windows Update Install Trying to extract package as quot C Windows TEMP IE A tmp IE-Hyphenation-en cab quot INFO Windows Update Install Extracted new file to C Windows TEMP IE A tmp IE-Hyphenation-en cab INFO Windows Update Install Setup return code x Started Y M D local Time Format in this log MM ss mmm minutes seconds milliseconds Command line quot C Windows SoftwareDistribution Download Install WU-Windows -KB -x exe quot INFO Windows Update Install Cleaning up old registry entry KB INFO Windows Update Install Trying to extract package as quot C Windows TEMP IEAEC tmp Windows -KB -x cab quot INFO Windows Update Install Extracted new file to C Windows TEMP IEAEC tmp Windows -KB -x cab INFO Windows Update Install Setup return code x Started Y M D local Time Format in this log MM ss mmm minutes seconds milliseconds Command line quot C Windows SoftwareDistribution Download Install WU-Windows -KB -en exe quot INFO Windows Update Install Cleaning up old registry entry IE-Spelling-en cab INFO Windows Update Install Trying to extract package as quot C Windows TEMP IEB B tmp IE-Spelling-en cab quot INFO Windows Update Install Extracted new file to C Windows TEMP IEB B tmp IE-Spelling-en cab INFO Windows Update Install Setup return code x Started Y M D local Time Format in this log MM ss mmm minutes seconds milliseconds Command line quot C Windows SoftwareDistribution Download Install WU-Windows -KB -en exe quot INFO Windows Update Install Cleaning up old registry entry IE-Hyphenation-en cab INFO Windows Update Install Trying to extract package as quot C Windows TEMP IEC tmp IE-Hyphenation-en cab quot INFO Windows Update Install Extracted new file to C Windows TEMP IEC tmp IE-Hyphenation-en cab INFO Windows Update Install Setup return code x Started Y M D local Time Format in this log MM ss mmm minutes seconds milliseconds Command line quot C Windows SoftwareDistribution Download Install WU-Windows -KB -x exe quot INFO Windows Update Install Cleaning up old registry entry KB INFO Windows Update Install Trying to extract package as quot C Windows TEMP IEE tmp Windows -KB -x cab quot INFO Windows Updat... Read more

A:Windows Update fails IE 11, error code 0x80070003 & 9C48

Can someone help? :S

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/371915-windows-update-fails-ie-11-error-code-0x80070003-9c48.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hey,

I'm having an issue with another computer's updates. When trying to upgrade to IE 11 it fails with an error saying that I need prerequisite updates. After I installed them and removed IE 9 as recommended somewhere, installing IE 11 still fails with error 9c48. I've tried some Microsoft FixIt tools unsuccessfully. The latest CBS log is attached.

Thanks,

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/382500-cant-update-ie-11-update-error-9c48.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I'm having no luck installing KB2977629 (Cumulative Security Update IE11). I repeatedly get the error 8007371B.

SURT installs with no errors. SFC /SCANNOW runs with no errors. I am uploading the requested screenshots and ZIP file.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!!!!

PS- well, I WAS uploading. My screencaptures upload great, but my CBS.zip fails with "Server error 500".
My zip file is 9.6mb-- over the 8mb limit. What can I delete from the directory to get under the 8mb limit?

Attachment 333111
Attachment 333112

A:Update Error Code 80073712-Cumulative Security Update IE11, Win 7(64)

I've found a way to get the CBS zip uploaded. I divided it into 4 parts. All of the CBS folder's files are included. Sorry I didn't see this earlier.

Attachment 333122
Attachment 333123
Attachment 333124
Attachment 333121

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/345380-update-error-code-80073712-cumulative-security-update-ie11-win-7-64-a.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Attachment 290231
i having problem with this windows update

here is zip for CBSAttachment 290230

thanks!!!

A:windows update error (code 9c48 and code 9c57)

You haven't run the CheckSUR tool.

Pleasefollow the WindowsUpdate Posting Instructions and post the requested data

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/308652-windows-update-error-code-9c48-code-9c57.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I have 7 email accounts on our Exchange server for different business and personal roles.  I have always used OWA instead of Outlook to segregate accounts on my desktop.  For quick logins I have been using "Keyboard Express"
Macro program  to insert USER and PASSWORD into OWA.   With some update applied in December 2015, Keyboard Express no long works on most of my Macro hotkeys because the IE hotkeys have taken precedence.  Such as ALT-H and other.
This same think happened to IE11 when I ran the Windows 10 upgrade 2 months ago, so I restored Win7 with a disk image to get rid of Window 10.
Is there a way to assign precedence between a Macro Program and IE11 Hotkeys ?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7d240e74-c1d7-43cf-b059-c97c6a5c1990/new-ie11-update-causes-ie11-hot-keys-to-take-precedence-over-matching-macro-program-hotkeys?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 64.07%

I can't update to IE11 from IE9
Error 9C59
Enclosed CBS splitted file
Window 7 pro
Intel i 7-3820
Motherb Asus P9X79 pro
Memori 8 Gb Corsair
Disk n. 3 raid5 1Tb ST1000 DM003
Nvidia geforce GTS450
Thank you for help
Marco

A:Can't update to IE11 9C59 error

Your Zip files appear to be broken - how did you create them?

You cannot simply split files.

You need to copy the entire CBS folder to your desktop, then remove the older CBSPersist files, compress the rest and upload the compressed file without changing it in any way.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/340171-cant-update-ie11-9c59-error.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Stuck on Internet Explorer 10, can't update to IE 11 due to 9C48 error.

A:IE 11 Windows Update error 9C48 with Windows 7 SP1 x64

Also Windows update only shows the IE 10 update not IE 11 even though 10 is fully installed and updated. Attached is the CBS folder.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/346973-ie-11-windows-update-error-9c48-windows-7-sp1-x64.html
Relevancy 63.64%

During update, W8.1 restarts, and goes to the boot screen. Then gives this error:
We couldn?t complete the updates, Undoing changes. Don?t turn off your computer.

All updates that were installed get undone. And if you install updates again, it will do the same thing. The reason is because of one update:
IE 11 Windows 8.1 - KB2962872

Has anybody else had this problem? Anybody know what to do?

A:IE11 Update Error KB2962872 Windows 8.1

Originally Posted by crimson

During update, W8.1 restarts, and goes to the boot screen. Then gives this error:
We couldn’t complete the updates, Undoing changes. Don’t turn off your computer.

All updates that were installed get undone. And if you install updates again, it will do the same thing. The reason is because of one update:
IE 11 Windows 8.1 - KB2962872

Has anybody else had this problem? Anybody know what to do?

I had this problem with Online Armor firewall installed. Temporary uninstalling Online Armor fixed it.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/50634-ie11-update-error-kb2962872-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi all,

I have been trying to update IE 11 with 0 success. The error code I'm getting is 9c57. I am also getting the same updates to install from Windows Updates immediately after I download them. I will list them below. When I went into the "turn on and off Windows features", it was showing IE9, but the current version I'm running is 8.0.7601.17514. Windows Update has IE 9 as an optional update, and IE 11 as an important update. Neither one is working. Also attached is the CBS.zip file. Any assistance would be great. Thanks!

Windows Updates that keep showing up to install:

KB 2871997
KB 3004375
KB 3031432
KB 3033929
KB 3045999
KB 3046269
KB 2882822
KB 2952664
KB 3068708

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/380059-cannot-update-ie11-error-code-9c57.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello all I have followed steps and in your posting instructions Windows Update Posting during Error windows ie11 Code9C59 for update Instructions and I would like to upload the CBS zip file from step but it is MB and the forum limit for a zip attachment is MB Error Code9C59 during windows update for ie11 I still have it so let me know if there is another way to deliver it My problem is getting the error Code C during a windows update I have been getting this for a couple of weeks now The important update regards ie the optional one is ie Superfluous information Normally I wouldn't care as I don't use ie to browse but I have been trying to update my Battle net Agent so I can continue playing Diablo and it gets an error BLZBNTBTS This started a few weeks ago coinciding with the update and through my investigations after checking the standard stuff like internet being on and Blizzard not being down that this battle net error may happen because windows is not fully updated and ie is the only important update not completed Thus my struggle with ie Just FYI because maybe the info migth help you or you have come across the battle net error and can give extra insight into that Please help me overcome error Code C Thank you for the attention Fabio

A:Error Code9C59 during windows update for ie11

Delete the oldest CBSPersist cab files from the archive, and try the upload again once the size is bellow the limit

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/331049-error-code9c59-during-windows-update-ie11.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Good Afternoon,

I am running into issues trying to upgrade to IE11. It looks like there are several issues in my CheckSUR Log, but I am not sure how to fix them. I have ran SFC /scannow a couple times and no errors have been identified. I have been having this problem for a couple months now and have just been using Chrome. I have also had several issues with the Aero Effects and Themes as I have to troubleshoot that multiple times a day.
I am receiving error code '3FD' from Windows Update regarding IE11.

Attached is my log.

Thank you in advance for your help!
-Steve

A:IE11 Update/Install Issue - Trying to Upgrade to IE11

hello and welcome skohon now personally I would download IE11 Download Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7 from Official Microsoft Download Center - it says on my machine I already have it if yours does the there is something quite wrong.

If it is not on your machine then you save the above to downloads and then do what is in this Install or uninstall Internet Explorer - Windows Help

I have done this myself on odd occasions and it saves you having to muck around with updates.

First you might like to run this though in safe mode if necessary
Disk Check and run the /f and /r switches if necessary.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/360623-ie11-update-install-issue-trying-upgrade-ie11.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Well the thread title says it all I've done 9C47 IE11 The Error SP1 Update Infamous 64-bit) (Win7 quite The Infamous IE11 Update Error 9C47 (Win7 SP1 64-bit) a bit of scouring the web to try and find a solution as this seems to be a common problem that others have experienced But I've somewhat hit a dead end and would appreciate any help suggestions for alternative remedies Here's what I've tried so far All the steps sequences suggested here Including the MS Community thread also referenced in the link above Post in this thread describes my issue almost exactly Most of the suggestions there are things already tried in the subsequent links above I read another interesting proposed The Infamous IE11 Update Error 9C47 (Win7 SP1 64-bit) fix in this thread post but am reluctant to try it for fear of mucking anything else up What I know at this point At first IE was only installed and W-Update would find IE and IE but they would both fail on install Through many of the proposed fixes above I was able to get IE installed don't ask me how I then ran the standalone IE installer and that went fine So I tried W-Update for IE but that failed out on error C again What's also strange is that IE now shows up as an quot optional quot update Stranger yet is that Installed Updates in control panel doesn't show any IE being installed at all And Turn Windows Components On Off is just flat out blank I've attached a couple log files CBS and IE main that I thought might be useful in troubleshooting this issue The IE log indicates that KB is not downloaded or not present But I've verified that it in fact is I tried uninstalling reinstalling that file a few times now and that seems to do nothing The standalone IE installer halts with a message indicating quot IE install did not complete quot or something to that effect Again any help tips suggestions would be greatly appreciated Let me know if I need to provide any additional info Thanks in advance

A:The Infamous IE11 Update Error 9C47 (Win7 SP1 64-bit)

I'm guessing those who have read this are just as stumped as I am then?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/319909-infamous-ie11-update-error-9c47-win7-sp1-64-bit.html
Relevancy 62.78%

WIndows Update - again - WIndows Ultimate X on HP Envy DV Ive been installing Win for the last couple of days Nearly at the end with all updates OK except IE Windows update dies with error C so I tried a standalone install of IE The IE Log all looks OK except WARNING Checking version for C Windows System api-ms-win-downlevel-user -l - - dll The file does not exist I looked and a file with that name is present in with on error Windows fails 9C59 IE11 Update the directory ERROR SQM Upload failed while uploading quot C Windows system config systemprofile AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files SQM iesqmdata setup sqm quot with error I ran SFC scannow Windows Update fails with error 9C59 on IE11 and it reported no errors I've tried the SURT but SUR log reports no errors I ran windows update again same result for the CBS log Attachment It reports a number of KBs missing but when I try to install them windows says they are already installed COnfused I give up I would prefer to have a clean install before putting an image in the bank so are there any suggestions as to what I can to to get IE to install Thanks in advanceploCBS file Ive give up Best I managed was before PS after a lot of attempts at uploading the CBS file Best I managed was of a MB zip Sorry

A:Windows Update fails with error 9C59 on IE11

Pleasepost the C:aWindows\Windowsupdate.log and C:\Windows\IE11_main.log files

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/343897-windows-update-fails-error-9c59-ie11.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Windows x downloaded offline installer IE -Windows -KB -x msu need the last version of IE because older versions don't work correct with some software getting an error something like quot not 7 IE11 x86 Windows Update for Error KB2977629 Installing suitable for this computer Error Installing IE11 Update KB2977629 for Windows 7 x86 quot sorry don't know the exact translation to english Before I also installed IE -Windows -KB -x msu as it was told in KB article In the event logs i see the error because of Source WUSA ID SFC scannow shows no errors Also there is an update which can't install and shows error c Computer in corporate network all updates are installed with WSUS Other computers don't have this problem only this one I tried to uninstall IE with the command FORFILES P WINDIR servicing Packages M Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer- mum c quot cmd c echo Uninstalling package fname amp amp start w pkgmgr up fname norestart quot - after that I couldn't install it again had to recover from the latest recovery point Also I installed the Windows -KB -v -x update which should fix some problems but it did not happen

A:Error Installing IE11 Update KB2977629 for Windows 7 x86

I'm low on knowledge in this area but I did find something from Microsoft.
Seem like that update is for Server.

Download Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows Server 2003 (KB2977629) from Official Microsoft Download Center

Quote:
System Requirements

Quote:
Supported Operating System
Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2
This update applies to Internet Explorer with the following operating system:Windows Server 2003 Family

From your post.#1

Quote:
not suitable for this computer

Don't give up their might be someone that can help you get around this problem.

Your system specs need to be filled in completely. You are only showing this.

Quote:
Computer type PC/Desktop
OS Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/351273-error-installing-ie11-update-kb2977629-windows-7-x86.html
Relevancy 62.78%

It fails if I try and update IE11 from microsoft.com directly or do it through windows update.

This is a new build, with a fresh install of win7, the current IE is 8.

Any ideas!?

EDIT: I feel I should mention that I don't want to actually use IE11, it's just that windows update keeps automatically trying to install it and fails, every single day, time and time again.

A:IE11 update fails with 'Code 9C59' error.

I should also add that I have done both the SURT and SFC scan.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/355956-ie11-update-fails-code-9c59-error.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello All,

I having an issue with updating my Window SP1 with IE11 and some other updates. I have tried all possible combinations mentioned on the forum threads, but with no success.

In the interest of saving time,I have installed the SURT tool and the log files are attached for your reference.

Would appreciate any help in resolving this issue.

Thanks,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/error-code-9c57-on-trying-to-update-to-ie11-and-other-updates-1009122.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi everybody, how are you?

I finished disinfecting an Acer laptop running Windows 7 64-bit but still need some help.

I cannot update to IE11.  I keep getting the error code 9C59 in Windows Update.  I reverted even back to IE8 - no luck!

Please help!!!  

A:Windows Update Error Code 9C59 (IE11)

Go here and make sure you have every update listed.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2847882

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583675/windows-update-error-code-9c59-ie11/
Relevancy 62.35%

This is on a friends Lenovo B520 running Windows Home Premium 64 bit.

I've found that this PC has been failing to install updates for some time now. It's still running IE9 - I can see previous failed attempts at installing IE10 and now it's failing to install IE11 in the Windows update control panel.

I've run the SURT and sfc /scannow

The CHECKSUR.log lists 127 corrupt MUM and Cat files but I'm unable to locate good versions of these to start attempting repairs. I've attached just the log files from the CBS folder as including the CABs meant the attachment was too large.

Thanks for any help you can give.

logfiles.zip

A:Windows update fails to install IE11, error 9C57

Here's the summary from the CheckSUR log...

Code:
Summary:
Seconds executed: 4517
Found 254 errors
CBS MUM Corrupt Total count: 127
CBS Catalog Corrupt Total count: 127
Luckily, they all appear to relate to one update - or I'd have been reluctant to attempt anything short of a repair install.

The SFC results appear to have rolled off into the Persist files - please post the two latest CBSPersist files so I can take a look at them.

I'll post a fix for these file later (maybe tomorrow, though)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/359206-windows-update-fails-install-ie11-error-9c57.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I have been trying to use windows update for ie10. I always get a Code 9c57 error. Now that ie11 is out, I have been trying that update with the same error. I have tried all the suggestions that I could find around the internet.

Hardware: Dell XPS M1330 laptop

As per the suggestions for this thread, I have attached my CBS.zip file.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

A:windows update to ie10 and/or ie11 problems, error 9c57

Code:
Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs
(w) CBS Catalog Expired 0x800B0101 servicing\Packages\Package_11_for_KB2729094~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
(w) CBS Catalog Expired 0x800B0101 servicing\Packages\Package_5_for_KB2647753~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.3.1.cat
(w) CBS Catalog Expired 0x800B0101 servicing\Packages\Package_for_KB2732500_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
I don't recall ever seeing this error before.

I'll have to research it.

back tomorrow - hopefully!

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/317021-windows-update-ie10-ie11-problems-error-9c57.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I did the SURT & the SFC scan and have attached the requested files. An additional note is that my system has been very slow with all browsers. Any help is very much appreciated.

A:Code 9c48 update won't install

This could be the source of your problems.

Code:
servicing\packages\Package_2_for_KB2761451~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_2_for_KB2761451~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.cat
I'll post a fix for it in a bit.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/280865-code-9c48-update-wont-install.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Please help, I want to install windows 10, but I get a false code 9C48 windows update. I have close a picture of the foute. Can you help me. I prefer in Dutch language, because my English is not correct. Please help :)

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6340d395-1316-4c44-af33-90bb72b19563/code-9c48-windows-update?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 61.49%

Failed Cumulative Security Update IE Win Home Prem SP x Error I've been getting this failed update since the Sept Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer but I use Chrome instead since I IE11 80073712 Security SP1 Prem x64; Cum Update Failed Home Error can't install the security update I tried to Failed Cum Security Update IE11 Home Prem SP1 x64; Error 80073712 uninstall IE using two methods but that didn't work The IE security update failures began with KB in Sept and have continued through KB released in Dec Other Windows updates that come up have been successful except for the update to Windows which also failed starting in July I have run the system update readiness tool took about minutes and sfc scannow tool took about minutes - it found some unrepairable components which Failed Cum Security Update IE11 Home Prem SP1 x64; Error 80073712 I am uploading here and also found a list of CSI Manifest Failed Catalog Check items in the CheckSUR file Eventually I want to update to Windows but am guessing that I may have to fix these files before the upgrade will work I have pasted the CheckSur file here for quick reference in case this may Failed Cum Security Update IE11 Home Prem SP1 x64; Error 80073712 help My CBS log zip file after compression is over GB so I am not sure what I should do If anyone can help me fix this I would be very grateful Thanks sfcdetails txt CheckSUR log

A:Failed Cum Security Update IE11 Home Prem SP1 x64; Error 80073712

Hopefully the problem is easy to solve. The next time that you get the update, right click on it. Then click on hide. You should not be bothered again.
(If the right click does not work try a left click)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/389194-failed-cum-security-update-ie11-home-prem-sp1-x64-error-80073712-a.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Noel I believe you are on the right track when saying to marvinnash that the Error Kernel-EventTracing/Admin & 2 IE9 IE11 Error Update 9C59 EventID IE10 c problem is a missing WinSXS IE assembly Cannot update to IE or Code C I tried to uninstall IE and return to IE9 IE10 IE11 Update Error 9C59 & Kernel-EventTracing/Admin EventID 2 the default IE included with Windows Cleaning out temp files lost the original IE Install folders so I used a MS-FIXIT utility named MicrosoftFixit ProgramInstallUninstall MATSKB IE9 IE10 IE11 Update Error 9C59 & Kernel-EventTracing/Admin EventID 2 Run EXE That MS-FIXIT fails on the IE uninstall with the SAME errors reported in the DISM Log and IE MAIN Log as found with the IE update install failure DISM Log error - - Info DISM DISM Package Manager PID Error in operation null CBS HRESULT x b - CCbsConUIHandler Error lt -------BAM ERROR x b quot The referenced assembly is not installed on your system quot - - Error DISM DISM Package Manager PID Failed finalizing changes - CDISMPackageManager Internal Finalize hr x b - - Error DISM DISM Package Manager PID Failed processing package changes - CDISMPackageManager ProcessChanges hr x b - - Info DISM DISM Package Manager PID Loaded servicing stack for online use only - CDISMPackageManager RefreshInstanceAndLock - - Error DISM DISM Package Manager PID Failed while processing command add-package - CPackageManagerCLIHandler ExecuteCmdLine hr x b The DISM Package Manager chokes on ERROR IE9 IE10 IE11 Update Error 9C59 & Kernel-EventTracing/Admin EventID 2 x b then kicks it back as failed to TrustedInstaller which reports the following clipped from IE Main Log INFO Installing with the extracted package C Windows TEMP IE tmp IE -neutral Extracted cab INFO Launched package installation C Windows SysNative dism exe online add-package packagepath C Windows TEMP IE tmp IE -neutral Extracted cab quiet norestart lt --- TrustedInstaller just passed the CAB Package processing to DISM via Command Line INFO Process exit code x B The referenced assembly is not installed on your system lt ---DISM just puked the extracted Package after one minute of processing DISM ERROR x b and IE Main x B both have the same description ERROR Neutral package installation failed exit code x b INFO No reboot logic message NrApiInstallDone lParam x c returned x lt lt -- TrustedInstaller Windows Update flubs the call for failure exit code by reporting the message from the following line where NrApiInstallDone passes lParam x c It appears as if InPlace Upgrade is the Microsoft-endorsed half-ass solution to the bogus c error when a REAL fix would be a MS-FIXIT that scans fixes WinSXS IE Packages that DISM needs to properly finalize the Package install rather than passing a buried ERROR x b so TrustedInstaller reports the misleading c I originally bought the Upgrade Installation DVD to go from WinXP to Windows x SP then to Windows x SP That Upgrade Installation DVD chokes on Windows x SP when attempting an Inplace Upgrade saying my current version already exceeds the Inplace Upgrade Full re-install from scratch of Windows and EVERYTHING ELSE is one-helluva-lotta work for the sake of a corrupt missing or BUGGED IE Package in WinSXS Even the Inplace is overboard for what this problem appears to be but DAMNED if I can figure out how to put up an event trace session on the IE Install or the FIXIT IE Uninstall that finds out which WinSXS Package s the DISM needs to modify for finalize of the IE Browser change I'm also working on an EVENT ID error where description is Session quot quot failed to start with the following error xC The upshot here seems to be a failed start on an event trace session named null quot quot by User LOCAL SERVICE for the Process ID that Task Manager shows for Services BFE DPS and MpsSvc Base Filtering Engine Diagnostic Policy Service and Windows Firewall I'm leaning toward thinking that one of the Startup Event Trace Sessions in Performance amp Reliability is ge... Read more

A:IE9 IE10 IE11 Update Error 9C59 & Kernel-EventTracing/Admin EventID 2

Let's have a look at your CBS folder and WU data.

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data - also upload the C:\Windows\windowsupdate.log file

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/329116-ie9-ie10-ie11-update-error-9c59-kernel-eventtracing-admin-eventid-2-a.html
Relevancy 61.06%

The Problem The July Cumulative Security Update for IE KB Update Fails to Install giving Error code All other updates installed successfully AFAIK no malware or other suspicious symptoms besides a random CHKDSK on boot up a few days week ago where it had to repair a tonne of file indexes etc Could be related otherwise all seems fine Operating System Windows Ultimate x SP Fully updated besides KB This update Fails and KBs and which I have hidden Just telemetry crap I believe What I've Tried CHKDSK Now comes back clean - Log Attached SFC Scannow Detects errors unable to repair Also tried this KB3170106 Error (July with Update) 80073712 2016 Fails IE11 Security from Safe Mode and the Repair Mode Command Prompt on my Windows Boot disk same result - Log Attached System KB3170106 (July 2016 IE11 Security Update) Fails with Error 80073712 Update Readiness Tool - Detects errors unable to repair - Log Attached Downloading of the updates that errored in SURT placed them in Windows CheckSur packages directory which fixed two of the error lines but still many errors left as well as errors with the mum and cat files of those are updates still present This one is strange as one of the updates is KB which I had hidden and NOT installed The log I have attached is from a re-run after this one Downloading the KB update manually - Still errors Said successful once but obv wasn't Resources Available Full Admin access to the problem PC A separate Windows Professional x SP Machine Original Windows Install Boot Disk From looking at other threads it seems that portions of my Windows Installations have become corrupted and it will take several runs of the SURT while adding files to be replaced Either ways any assistance is appreciated

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/399255-kb3170106-july-2016-ie11-security-update-fails-error-80073712-a.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Problem originally started when trying to complete a Windows Update to install IE10 -- had connection issues due to my router and needless to say, the install failed... miserably. Kept trying to reinstall IE10 through Windows Update, and also manually, to no avail.

Strangely enough, I could open IE, though not be able to use any of the toolbar menus or type in any address in the URL bar without it crashing.

IE10 was not showing in the installed update list, however IE9 was. Tried uninstalling IE9 and have gotten myself into an even bigger mess. Now, IE10 IS showing in the installed update list but the system is requesting that I install IE9. Still fails just as before with the resulting 'Code 9C48'. Can also still open IE but get the same type of crash as before.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

A:Win 7 - IE9 & IE10 update failure (Code 9C48)

You have some major registry corruption.

Code:
Summary:
Seconds executed: 1923
Found 586 errors
CBS MUM Corrupt Total count: 2
CSI Missing Winning Component Key Total count: 584
This seems to be a fairly comprehensive listing of the IE9 entries.

It's not feasible to attempt to fix that manually - your only real option is going to be a repair install of Windows, followed by reinstalling IE9, and updating fully before attempting IE10 again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/299268-win-7-ie9-ie10-update-failure-code-9c48.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi,

I'm having the same trouble as a lot of other people I think - update failures on the above codes.
Ii have attached screen shots of the error messages and my CheckSur file. My CBS is file is huge (even zipped) & as I'm a bit thick when it comes to this sort of thing, I didn't want to start deleting things and make the problem worse!!!!

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated!!!

Jo

A:Windows Update Failure 9C48 and 9C59

Hello again,

I've split my CBS files and attached them!!

Really hope you can help!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/305287-windows-update-failure-9c48-9c59.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello Everyone This has been a most frustrating problem for me Ultimately I have been trying to install the online role playing game Fails Update Explorer so (code frustrati Please 9 Internet 9C48) help, quot Darkfall quot My installation fails and I am prompted that I need to have a version of Internet Explorer greater than Well that is a little strange since i am running I don't think I had a chance not to have it because of windows update anyway So I go to the Microsoft website and click to download IE I am prompted that a more recent version is installed Internet Explorer 9 Update Fails (code 9C48) Please help, so frustrati on my system Figures right So I begin to look at my options I attempt to uninstall and reinstall IE through the uninstall located in add remove programs in the update part That fails and tells me that quot An error has occured Not all updates where successfully uninstalled quot So than I try to do a manual uninstall by removing the trusted installer control of the files That didn't work and I did a system restore because I didn't feel good about that action So Than I try to uninstall from the command line using FORFILES P WINDIR servicing Packages M Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer- mum c quot cmd c echo Uninstalling package fname amp amp start w pkgmgr up fname norestart quot That fails telling me that quot Operation Failed with x Access is Denied Well I just quit for a few days because that was very frustrating Now I see that there is an update for IE in my windows update Well maybe that is the problem Excitedly I try to run the update thinking that my problems are finally Solved no The install fails with the C code saying Windows Update encountered an unknown error Needless to say I feel utterly defeated I made sure I am running as an administrator as well Can anyone help me either correct the update or uninstall IE please haha I am going crazy here

A:Internet Explorer 9 Update Fails (code 9C48) Please help, so frustrati

This is new from Microsoft. I have never tried it because I don't have a problem.
Take a read and decide.
System Update Readiness Tool fixes Windows Update errors in Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 R2, and Windows Server 2008

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/255346-internet-explorer-9-update-fails-code-9c48-please-help-so-frustrati.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Attachment 259509
i cant install one important update. apears error 9C48.
please help me. thank you in advance.
i tryed many solution but nothing has solved the problam. also the fix it. and i cant uninstall the IE9 it writes that i dont have this access.

A:error 9c48

Hello Sakis and welcome to the forums

Warning: this fix is specific to the user in this thread. No one else should follow these instructions as it may cause more harm than good. If you are after assistance, please start a thread of your own.

Open the Manifests folder and copy the files into the following folder (if there are any files)

Open the Packages folder and copy the files into the following folder (if there are any files)

Run the System Update Readiness Tool (SURT) again
When the SURT finishes installing, copy (Ctrl + C) and paste (Ctrl + V) the contents of the SURT log into your next post please:

C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.persist.log
Tom

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/282482-error-9c48.html
Relevancy 58.48%

trying to install IE 11 64-bit on Win7 64bit , problem is that IE11 is already installed and working perfectly
also there's an error with a start up install with some program , i tried to install the AsusAi program and it required a restart so i did that and ow i'm getting 3 error messages after every restart

Relevancy 58.05%

I have been getting this Error Code 9C48 while doing my windows updates. Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems

I think thats why i cant install Microsoft .NET framework 4
keep getting a error message.
Final Result: Installation failed with error code: (0x80070643), "Fatal error during installation. "

Windows had a look at my computer by remote access and said it's a problem with my registry and they can fix it but it's not part of their free service and I would have to pay for it

A:Error(s) Code 9C48

Just who is this (Windows) and how did they get in touch with you?

Sound like a scam to me.

From post #1
Windows had a look at my computer by remote access and said it's a problem with my registry and they can fix it but it's not part of their free service and I would have to pay for it

Use this tutorial by Brink to post screen shots, (pictures)

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/364684-error-s-code-9c48.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello,

This is a Win7-64bit SP1 fully patched, except for IE11 not yet installed.

I have tried the standalone 64-bit installer (IE11-Windows6.1-x64-en-us) to no avail.

I would love to upload the entire CBS folder but it creates a ZIP larger than the allowed 8M. Therefore, I am including only the CheckSUR.log file.

Thanks!

A:Error 9C48 when installing IE 11-64 bit

CheckSUR is showing the following problems...

Code:
Checking Component Store
(f) CSI Manifest Failed Catalog Check 0x00000000 winsxs\Manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-lowreg_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16576_none_262a5b2054507f3e.manifest amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-lowreg_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16576_none_262a5b2054507f3e
(f) CSI Manifest Failed Catalog Check 0x00000000 winsxs\Manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-runtimeutilities_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16614_none_c5712f5ffd011d83.manifest amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-runtimeutilities_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16614_none_c5712f5ffd011d83
(f) CSI Manifest and S256H Do Not Match 0x00000000 winsxs\Manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-i..explorer-deployment_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16521_none_cba0e8fb897ea591.manifest amd64_microsoft-windows-i..explorer-deployment_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16521_none_cba0e8fb897ea591

winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-lowreg_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16576_none_262a5b2054507f3e.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-runtimeutilities_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16614_none_c5712f5ffd011d83.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-i..explorer-deployment_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16521_none_cba0e8fb897ea591.manifest
I'll post a fix protocol when I can.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/325331-error-9c48-when-installing-ie-11-64-bit.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi, I am getting an error 9c48 when trying to update to IE 11. I have attached the CBS log and ran SFC Scan 2 times. I will run one more after posting here and will respond in 1 hour if that made a difference. I hope I hit everything that was in the instructions. Thank you.

Computer Specs:
HP dc5750 SFF
2.00 gb RAM
80gb HDD
AMD ATHLON 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+

A:IE 11 on Win 7 32-bit not updating: Error 9c48

I can't see any signs of having run the CheckSUR tool??

There are a large number of registry problems in the CBSPersist files which should by highlighted by CheckSUR - please run the tool, and post the resulting logs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/344827-ie-11-win-7-32-bit-not-updating-error-9c48.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi
Started getting this yesterday which is wierd as IE9 was installed (18/‎09/‎2013 by windows updates) and still working and now updates thinks it needs to install again.
So SFC /Scannow ran with no errors.
Checksur Ran with error I have downloaded the offended kb files expanded and placed them in windows temp checksur packages folder and ran again. Now it is saying cupt files on ones that I cannot find
Attached is the zipped cbs folder.
Thanks in advance

A:Error 9c48 internet explorer 9

Your CheckSUR scan shows the following problems:

Code:
Summary:
Seconds executed: 604
Found 2 errors
CBS MUM Corrupt Total count: 1
CBS Catalog Corrupt Total count: 1
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2977629~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~9.4.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2977629~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~9.4.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2977629~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~9.4.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2977629~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~9.4.1.0.cat
These files are from IE9, and will prevent the proper installation of IE11.

I'll post a fix a little later.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/352843-error-9c48-internet-explorer-9-a.html
Relevancy 57.62%

IE 10 update fails with this error.

I've run the system Readiness tool and sfc scan. Here is the link to CBS.zip: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=2d591...D0AAB31F!97820

Can you help please?

A:WU Error 9c48 when installing IE10

Your CheckSUR report looks as if every possible Winning Component Key for IE10 has gone missing.

I don't think there's anything we can do by way of a manual repair for this number of this type of error - we'll have to try removing all the bits of IE10 that are currently sitting there, and then see if we can reinstall it.

Open an Elevated Command Prompt and copy the following command into it:

Code:

FORFILES /P %WINDIR%\servicing\Packages /M Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-*10.*.mum/c "cmd /c echo Uninstalling package @fname && start /w pkgmgr/up:@fname /quiet /norestart

and then press Enter.

Wait for the command to finish and the prompt to return, then restart the machine.

Run the CheckSUR tool again and post the new log.

Here are some instructions to make lifeeasier

1) To open an Elevated Command Prompt Window (the ECP window), click on Start, All Programs,Accessories – then right-click on Command Prompt, and select Run asAdministrator. Accept the UAC prompt.

2) To run the commands easier, highlight the block of commands, and right-click on thehighlight – select Copy. In the CP Window, click on the black/white icon at topleft – select Paste. The commands will run but may not complete the lastcommand, so hit the Enter Key once.

3) To copy the results... click on the Black/White icon in the top left, and select Edit...'Select All', and hit the Enter key - then use Ctrl+V or r-click+Paste to pasteit into your response.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/351691-wu-error-9c48-when-installing-ie10.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have been facing this problem since long.
Everytime i try to update windows IE9 for windows7 for x64based system, the installation fails with the error code 9c48.
i tried everything from microsoft fix it and following other steps but none helped. even i had checked with other webstes from google but all were of no use. even disabling antivirus and trying to install does not work.
(i already have IE9 and even uninstalling that also doesnt work)

Any help will be highly appreciated.
thanks in advance.

A:Code 9C48 error- Cannot install IE9

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the results - they should give us the data we need to fix the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/281072-code-9c48-error-cannot-install-ie9.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I am having an issue that it looks like many other have run into trying to upgrade from IE to or Other Windows Updates go through fine but anytime I try to install IE or via Windows Update or from the offline installer it fails 9C59 error Windows cannot 32bit install IE10 7 Update Windows or IE11: with the error C A little backstory on this in case it helps We have a VDI environment so this is on our gold image Months back we updated IE to IE but found that we were having compatibility issues with an internal web app and had to downgrade back to IE via uninstalling the IE installed update It appears that I can still re-install IE but anything beyond Windows 7 32bit cannot install IE10 or IE11: Windows Update error 9C59 that fails with the info above I've tried many of the suggestions out there such as reinstalling the readiness tool resetting windows update agent etc but no luck so far The interesting thing that Windows 7 32bit cannot install IE10 or IE11: Windows Update error 9C59 I found is if i start fresh with this update again so i start with IE the quot turn windows features on off quot shows IE as an option to toggle on off However after I try the IE install and it fails i still have IE installed but the quot windows features on off quot window shows IE so its almost like it ALMOST gets there and fails Either way if theres any help someone could have for this I'd greatly appreciate it i'm happy to try and scans logs that might help thank you andrew

A:Windows 7 32bit cannot install IE10 or IE11: Windows Update error 9C59

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data
If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/334934-windows-7-32bit-cannot-install-ie10-ie11-windows-update-error-9c59.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I recently had some issues with the laptop so i decieded to format the drive and do a complete clean install but after doing so the computer is alot slower then it used to be and im also getting the svchost error with mbam and im also getting a rootkit error threw kaspersky Please help me remove these errors and improve the performance of the computer DDS Ver - running slow, MBAM 9c48 delete, update SVCHOST.exeSVCHOST.exe wont Windows Computer fails - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by Talia at on - - Microsoft MBAM SVCHOST.exeSVCHOST.exe wont delete, Computer running slow, Windows update fails 9c48 Windows Home Premium GMT - AV McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Disabled Updated ADA C - F - - A- B E SP McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Disabled Updated C C - - - FA- E F F SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF FW McAfee Firewall Disabled DA E - - D - - AD FE Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows servicing TrustedInstaller exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Windows system mfevtps exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mcshield exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee McSvcHost McSvHost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Gate VAIO Gate exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Care VCPerfService exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Care listener exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Update VAIOUpdt exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Update VUAgent exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Care VCSystemTray exe C Windows system sfc exe C Windows System WUDFHost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO scriptproxy DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files x Common Files McAfee SystemCore ScriptSn dll BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO B E -A B - A -B - CD E A FF - c Program Files x McAfee SiteAdvisor McIEPlg dll TB McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c Program Files x McAfee SiteAdvisor McIEPlg dll mRun mcui exe quot C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe quot runkey StartupFolder C PROGRA MICROS Windows STARTM Programs Startup SONYMS LNK - C Program Files x Sony MSS SSScheduler exe uPolicies-Explorer NoDriveTypeAutoRun dword mPolicies-Explorer NoActiveDesktop dword mPolicies-Explorer NoActiveDesktopChanges dword mPolicies-System ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin dword mPolicies-System ConsentPromptBehaviorUser dword mPolicies-System EnableUIADesktopToggle dword DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - - hxxp fpdownload macromedia com get shockwave cabs flash swflash cab TCP NameServer TCP Interfaces BD B- F- E- A - A B B CAF DHCPNameServer Filter application x-mfe-ipt - EF B- - -A - C D - c Program Files x McAfee MSC McSnIePl dll Handler dssrequest - F E- B- E - B - E CC - c Program Files x McAfee SiteAdvisor McIEPlg dll Handler sacore - F E- B... Read more

A:MBAM SVCHOST.exeSVCHOST.exe wont delete, Computer running slow, Windows update fails 9c48

Greetings and Welcome to The Forums!!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your malware problems.I have put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of usPlease do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer. NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.These are the programs I would like you to run next, if you have any problems with these just skip it and run the next one.-Security Check-Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.-AdwCleaner-Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Delete.Confirm each time with Ok.Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.Please post the content of that logfile with your next answer.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.--RogueKiller-- Download & SAVE to your Desktop RogueKiller or from here
Quit all programs that you may have started. Please disconnect any USB or external drives from the computer before you run this scan! For Vista or Windows 7, right-click and select "Run as Administrator to start"For Windows XP, double-click to start. Wait until Prescan has finished ... Then Click on "Scan" button Wait until the Status box shows "Scan Finished"click on "delete" Wait until the Status box shows "Deleting Finished" Click on "Report" and copy/paste the content of the Notepad into your next reply.The log should be found in RKreport[1].txt on your DesktopExit/Close RogueKiller+Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/478769/mbam-svchostexesvchostexe-wont-delete-computer-running-slow-windows-update-fails-9c48/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey guys I'm having an issue in my week old installation of Win x Home Premium Things seem to run OK in general and most Windows Updates install just fine but there are updates which I have so far been unable to install There's an Important update Error to trying item Windows install when 7 x64 IE10 9C48 listed to install IE and an optional one listed for IE The odd Error 9C48 when trying to install IE10 item Windows 7 x64 thing is I have IE already installed The error code I get when trying to install these updates or even just the IE one as in the image below is C Attachment I ran the SURT tool and the SFC scan no errors found as far as I can tell then created CBS zip but it was too large MB for attaching here so I uploaded to my Dropbox account here https www dropbox com s wd llupy odyb CBS zip Any ideas on where to go from here Should I just hide the IE update in Windows Update even though it's important Thanks for any help you can offer -Eli

A:Error 9C48 when trying to install IE10 item Windows 7 x64

Thanks for taking the initiative and uploading the full archive!
The 9C48 error is relatively rare - hopefully it means that it will be easy to fix

Here's the error from the CheckSUR report...

Code:
(w) Unable to get system disk properties 0x0000045D IOCTL_STORAGE_QUERY_PROPERTY Disk Cache
...and here's what may be a clue in the background CBS data (the SFC scan was clear)

Code:
2014-03-27 10:27:10, Info CBS Perf: Stage chain started.
2014-03-27 10:27:10, Info CSI [email protected]/3/27:14:27:10.176 CSI Transaction @0x23fcca0 initialized for deployment engine {d16d444c-56d8-11d5-882d-0080c847b195} with flags 00000002 and client id [65]"TI2.0_0:0/Package_1_for_KB2834140~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.2.0"
2014-03-27 10:27:10, Info CBS Exec: Staging Package: Package_1_for_KB2834140~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.2.0, Update: 2834140-1_neutral_LDR
2014-03-27 10:27:10, Info CBS Exec: Staging Package: Package_1_for_KB2834140~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.2.0, Update: 2834140-1_neutral_LDR, PinDeployment: amd64_625642d59cbd9b78ffba236f626be496_31bf3856ad364e35_7.1.7601.22313_none_43c43e854bf640c0
2014-03-27 10:27:10, Info CBS Exec: Staging Package: Package_1_for_KB2834140~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.2.0, Update: 2834140-2_neutral_GDR
2014-03-27 10:27:10, Info CBS Exec: Staging Package: Package_1_for_KB2834140~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.2.0, Update: 2834140-2_neutral_GDR, PinDeployment: amd64_dd5c53d2d61e65bdc0f21e7393b667dc_31bf3856ad364e35_7.1.7601.18142_none_b02a69e93371bf1f
2014-03-27 10:27:10, Info CBS Exec: This is a PSF Package. Job has been saved and we are returning to client.
2014-03-27 10:27:10, Info CSI [email protected]/3/27:14:27:10.379 CSI Transaction @0x23fcca0 destroyed
2014-03-27 10:27:10, Info CBS Exec: DPX job state saved for one or more packages, aborting the staging and install of execution.
2014-03-27 10:27:10, Info CBS Perf: Stage chain complete.
I need to do some research to work out how to approach this - but in the meantime, I think a CHKDSK would be a good idea...

Click on Start > All Programs > Accessories
Right-click on the Command Prompt entry
Select Run as Administrator and accept the UAC prompt - the Elevated Command Prompt window should pop up.

At the Command prompt, type
CHKDSK C: /R
and hit the Enter key.

You will be told that the drive is locked,
and the CHKDSK will run at he next boot - hit the Y key, and then reboot.
The chkdsk will take a few hours depending on the size of the drive, so be patient!
After the CHKDSK has run, Windows should boot normally (possibly after a second auto-reboot) -

The results can be found in the Event Viewer - as an event from the WININIT source, in the Windows Logs > Applications folder.
Copy and paste the results to your reply

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/326650-error-9c48-when-trying-install-ie10-item-windows-7-x64.html
Relevancy 56.33%

IE 9 is already installed. But windows update says that an optional update is to install IE 9. When I try to apply the update, I get error code 9C48. Attached are the requested files to troubleshoot the problem.

I have tried everything I could find on the internet from changing permissions in the registry to manually deleting files in the command line.

The sfc /scannow returned with no exceptions found.

Please help, thanks in advance...

A:IE9 already installed but windows updates wants to install. Error 9C48

Hi, it has been 5 days since I posted here. Am I missing something? How long does it usually take to get a reply?

Thanks again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/300437-ie9-already-installed-but-windows-updates-wants-install-error-9c48.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Right, I hope I can get my problem across clearly as i've tried following many threads in different forums and at the moment i've had no luck...

I'm posting the thread due to the error code 9C48 which I get trying to update IE11 through windows. The first thing that came to mind is uninstalling IE.

1. I've looked under the View installed updates for 'Windows Internet Explorer' and couldn't find it.
2. I've tried uninstalling via command prompt and was unsuccessful (followed this step off a different thread).

Can someone help me with this?? I should mention i'm completely new to this so I need some good help

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/380315-error-code-9c48-internet-explorer-11-windows-7-x64.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey folks i have a computer with trouble installing IE and IE Already did sfc scannow and several times CheckSUR Heres what CheckSUR says Code Checking System Update Readiness Binary Version Package Version - - Checking Windows Servicing Packages Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs f CBS Catalog Corrupt x B servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e x cat Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Error / Catalog Corrupt 9C48 IE9/IE10 Install CBS Checking Packages Checking Component Store f CSI Payload File Missing x msado tlb x microsoft-windows-m do-backcompat-tlb bf ad e none eaf a IE9/IE10 Install Error 9C48 / CBS Catalog Corrupt fe Summary Seconds executed Found errors CSI Payload File Missing Total count CBS Catalog Corrupt Total count Unavailable repair files servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e x mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e x cat I assume my problems IE9/IE10 Install Error 9C48 / CBS Catalog Corrupt would be fixed if i put the two quot unavailable repair files quot in the Windows Temp Checksur folder Unfortunately I don't have another x Win machine to copy the files from Any help would be appreciated

A:IE9/IE10 Install Error 9C48 / CBS Catalog Corrupt

First things first - let's see how much else may be a problem....

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/291736-ie9-ie10-install-error-9c48-cbs-catalog-corrupt.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello I im trying to help a friend with his computer It tries to install these updates but it fails every time The computer is running Win bit Antivirus is MSS and Windows codes: and fails. updates & 800B0100 SP1 9 7 9C48 Error IE I have tried to turn off quot Real Time Protection quot Have also scanned the computer for malware with mbam combofix and Hitman Pro I have tried several times Also in Clean Boot I have also tried to uninstall Explorer both automatically and manually with no luck The first time i ran the System Update Readiness Tool the logs pointed me towards KB I downloaded this pack and expanded the mum and the cat files to Servicing Packages folder and then ran the SURT again This time Windows 7 SP1 and IE 9 updates fails. Error codes: 9C48 & 800B0100 it fixed most of the errors but the errors in the log below remains I have tried to download the files both in English and Norwegian version with no luck Checking System Update Readiness Binary Version Package Version - - Checking Windows Servicing Packages Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs f CBS MUM Corrupt x F servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e x mum Line f CBS Catalog Corrupt x B servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e x cat Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Checking Packages Checking Component Store Summary Seconds executed Found errors CBS MUM Corrupt Total count CBS Catalog Corrupt Total count Unavailable repair files servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e x mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e x mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e x cat servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e x cat The sfc scannow gives me info about problems with some files but is not able to fix them Please see attached logfiles Any hints is highly appreciated as I am about to give up now - BR Stefan Attachment

A:Windows 7 SP1 and IE 9 updates fails. Error codes: 9C48 & 800B0100

Hello Stefan,

SFC has detected a corrupt IE9 component, so I'm hoping that's the cause of the 9C48! Your 0x800B0100 is really easy to fix though

Code:
2013-08-06 22:39:46, Info CSI 000001f4 [SR] Repairing 1 components
2013-08-06 22:39:46, Info CSI 000001f5 [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
2013-08-06 22:39:46, Info CSI 000001f6 Hashes for file member \SystemRoot\WinSxS\x86_microsoft-windows-ie-htmlrendering_31bf3856ad364e35_9.4.8112.16476_none_2b91a7303c93d6f9\mshtml.tlb do not match actual file [l:20{10}]"mshtml.tlb" :
Found: {l:32 b:4En8FhvcAG3Ct2c/BaKK5640W5y6Wk9Qr/gE9QFwJ7E=} Expected: {l:32 b:VoO39KrqPaQa1fo6GCNd7e3yPabt+mQA4Xv9Y4sw70M=}
2013-08-06 22:39:46, Info CSI 000001f7 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"mshtml.tlb" of Microsoft-Windows-IE-HTMLRendering, Version = 9.4.8112.16476, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
2013-08-06 22:39:47, Info CSI 000001f8 Hashes for file member \SystemRoot\WinSxS\x86_microsoft-windows-ie-htmlrendering_31bf3856ad364e35_9.4.8112.16476_none_2b91a7303c93d6f9\mshtml.tlb do not match actual file [l:20{10}]"mshtml.tlb" :
Found: {l:32 b:4En8FhvcAG3Ct2c/BaKK5640W5y6Wk9Qr/gE9QFwJ7E=} Expected: {l:32 b:VoO39KrqPaQa1fo6GCNd7e3yPabt+mQA4Xv9Y4sw70M=}
2013-08-06 22:39:47, Info CSI 000001f9 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"mshtml.tlb" of Microsoft-Windows-IE-HTMLRendering, Version = 9.4.8112.16476, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
2013-08-06 22:39:47, Info CSI 000001fa [SR] This component was referenced by [l:152{76}]"Package_2_for_KB2817183~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~9.4.1.0.2817183-28_neutral_GDR"
2013-08-06 22:39:47, Info CSI 000001fb Hashes for file member \??\C:\windows\System32\mshtml.tlb do not match actual file [l:20{10}]"mshtml.tlb" :
2013-08-06 22:39:47, Info CSI 000001fc Hashes for file member \SystemRoot\WinSxS\x86_microsoft-windows-ie-htmlrendering_31bf3856ad364e35_9.4.8112.16476_none_2b91a7303c93d6f9\mshtml.tlb do not match actual file [l:20{10}]"mshtml.tlb" :
2013-08-06 22:39:47, Info CSI 000001fd [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\windows\System32"\[l:20{10}]"mshtml.tlb"; source file in store is also corrupted
2013-08-06 22:39:47, Info CSI 000001fe Repair results created:
I need to hunt down this file, but I'll fix your 800B0100 now:

Run the System Upd... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/300150-windows-7-sp1-ie-9-updates-fails-error-codes-9c48-800b0100.html
Relevancy 52.46%

My husband was given an eMachine. It has Win 7 Starter. Windows Update will not run, says I need SP1. HELP!!!

A:Can't update Win 7 Starter

Go to the Microsoft site and download the SP1 directly from their servers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-update-win-7-starter-608412.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have tried most everything I could find, just now ran the MS update fixit tool which gave me "0x8024402C" which lead me to try the MS fix below!

Let me fix it myself
To resolve these errors, remove characters from the proxy exception list, and then clear the proxy cache. To do this, follow these steps:
    Open Internet Explorer.
    On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    Click the Connections tab, click LAN Settings, and then click Advance.
    Delete any entry in the Exceptions section.
    Quit Internet Explorer.
    Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
    Type the following commands. Press ENTER after each command.
        proxycfg -d
        net stop wuauserv
        net start wuauserv

I tried using CMD as shown N/G proxycfg -d comes up as not recognized.

Then I tried with admin command prompt same result!

Need some more help

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/631012/win-7-starter-32-update-problem/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello All,

I'm using the Windows 7 home basic x86 SP1 and when i try to install the upgrade to IE11 with microsoft automatic update but failed every time.

in c:\windows\IE11_main.txt :

00:04.571: INFO: Version Check for (KB2834140) of C:\Windows\System32\d3d11.dll: 6.1.7601.17514 >= 6.2.9200.16570 (False)
00:04.618: WARNING: Checking version for C:\Windows\System32\api-ms-win-downlevel-user32-l1-1-0.dll. The file does not exist.
&
00:07.161: INFO: KB2729094 could not be download is not installed.
&
00:07.255: INFO: Setup exit code: 0x00009C47 (40007) - Required updates failed to download.
Can anyone help me solve this issue ... i have no idea why it's not accepting the upgrade.

Really Thanks

A:Cannot update IE9 to IE11

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

Please follow these steps:
Windows Update Posting Instructions
(except step 5 :-)

Others can provide help once that info is posted.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/328508-cannot-update-ie9-ie11.html
Relevancy 51.6%

After installing a new hard drive in my friends Dell computer everything worked fine till IE updated to IE11. Once it restarted windows would not recognize the password. It recognized it multiple times before the upgrade.

A:win 7 update to IE11

What's the model name and model number of that Dell computer?

What's the "service tag" number and/or "express service code" number on it?

----------------------------------------------------------

How was Windows 7 installed in the new hard drive?

----------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-7-update-to-ie11.1134702/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey Guys Appreciate any help since I think the service pack may be Update Starter Windows Issues 7 an important update I have a Toshiba Netbook with Windows Starter It is a genuine edition of windows and I have the key and everything in case I need to do an entire restore I have a very odd problem I have attempted to resolve it the conventional way but have not had much lucky I am unable Windows 7 Starter Update Issues to install the following updates via auto update Windows Service Pack kb Update for Windows kb Update for Windows kb Here are the detailed logs Windows Service Pack KB Installation date PM Installation status Failed Error details Code B Update type Important Windows Service Pack is a recommended collection of updates and improvements to Windows that are combined into a single installable update The service pack can help make your computer safer and more reliable A typical installation will take about minutes to complete and you will have to restart your computer about halfway through the process More information http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId Help and Support http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId Update for Windows KB Installation date PM Installation status Failed Error details Code E Update type Recommended This is a reliability update This update resolves some performance and reliability issues in Windows By applying this update you can achieve better performance and responsiveness in various scenarios For more information please see the Knowledge Base article After you install this item you may have to restart your computer More information http support microsoft com kb Help and Support http support microsoft com Update for Windows KB Installation date PM Installation status Failed Error details Code B Update type Recommended Install this update to resolve issues in Windows For a complete listing of the issues that are included in this update see the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article for more information After you install this item you may have to restart your computer More information http support microsoft com kb Help and Support http support microsoft com

A:Windows 7 Starter Update Issues

The system readiness tool was what I tried to use to fix the issue...it did 0 and left me back at square 1.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/442922/windows-7-starter-update-issues/
Relevancy 51.17%

Had similar problems with Windows Updates not downloading since December 2015. I finally used Windows Update Readiness Tool Kb 947821 before this was resolved.

In the last series of Updates Kb 3109094 was listed and failed to download. I downloaded the update from MS and installed it and Win 7 refused to load after the installation. I used System Repair to deal with this and am now able to use the machine and now have  the same update sitting in Windows Update  I have hidden it but would like to hear why MS is offering updates that then stop the machine from being used ?

A:Windows 7 Starter Update New Issue

Hi to BleepingComputer  The Kb3109094 is a recent update and sadly is not uncommon to see Microsoft releasing updates that creates problems in some machines, certain configurations etc... My suggestion is to wait a few days before trying to install again maybe they found some problem on the update and also run a System Check to make sure Windows isn't reporting problems.open the Command Prompt as Administrator (Tutorial)type the following command and press Enter:sfc /scannowNote: This may take some time to finish.if it doesn't say "No integrity violations found" them do this:Export the CBS folderClick the Start button then click Computer.Double-click on the C: drive, under the Hard Disk Drives category, and then scroll down to, and double click on the Windows folder.Find and double click on the Logs folder.Right-click on the CBS folder, and select Copy.Go back to your Desktop, right-click on it, and select Paste. You should now see a copy of the CBS folder appear on your Desktop called CBS.Right-click on this new folder, and navigate through Send to, and select Compressed (zipped) folder.A new file, also called CBS (CBS.zip), but this time with a different icon, will be created.Attach this to your next post please, if the file is too big to attach please upload to this site ge.tt and post the sharing URL

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/602462/windows-7-starter-update-new-issue/
Relevancy 51.17%

So here's the story. I recently purchased a netbook that came with Windows Starter. After some research online I found some information about how to personalize my desktop and installed some application that allowed that. Everything worked fine until I upgraded to Windows Home Premium. I didn't realize that you had to uninstall the program BEFORE you updated. (As I said, I'm VERY new to all of this. This was the first time I ever even updated my own computer!) Well now that I've updated to Windows Home Premium I can't change my background. I've tried to find the program that changed it before I updated to uninstall it and have not been successful. I got on here hoping someone who has a greater knowledge than I would be able to help me because I am going crazzzzy!

A:Can't change background after update from Starter

Well, if you know the program name, you can go to the search function and type it in, hit more search options and hope you find it. You can also go to C:\Program Files and look for it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/65767-cant-change-background-after-update-starter.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Not too long ago Gregrocker was so very kind and totally did a reinstall of my Windows Home Premium Edition -bit for me It was a complete disaster and he had magical fingers and fixed my laptop so it felt like it was brand new again I had my IE back of which I didn't have before and he set my laptop up for me so I wouldn't have any problems And I was extremely grateful for everything that he helped me with from How can after that IE10 fix update my IE11 I Well I'm back again with problems once again with this stupid IE I personally switched from my GoogleChrome on the words from Greg that it just wasn't as good How can I fix my IE10 after that update from IE11 as Microsoft So I gave it a try and I've been using FireFox ever since then I don't even go into IE ever and the updates were set up for automatic so I really didn't have to worry about that either or so I thought BUT I had to go into IE for work related stuff and when I went in there that's when I noticed everything looked all messed up I How can I fix my IE10 after that update from IE11 don't even have a front page everything is white and over on the right it looks like a different language of which I have no idea which one I tried to go into my windows updates to see what was installed and saw that IE was installed with a ton of other items as well and reading in the Microsoft post about all this I hi-lited IE and uninstalled it and it took me back to IE but I still have all these problems that I don't know how to explain nor how to fix So where do I go or how do I start fixing this in dummy mode Any suggestions would be great Thanks DoeZ

A:How can I fix my IE10 after that update from IE11

Hello DoeZ,

Please go ahead and post back with a screenshot showing what you are seeing to see if it may help to ID what the issue could be.

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/314033-how-can-i-fix-my-ie10-after-update-ie11.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi guys i have run out of idea how to solve this I may need to IE11 Unable update the gurus's help on this one Attachments are the System Update Readiness Tool logs Appreciate in advanced SFCFix version by niemiro Start time - - Microsoft Windows Service Pack - amd Not using a script file AutoAnalysis SUMMARY Some corruptions could not be fixed automatically Seek advice from helper or sysnative com CBS amp SFC total detected corruption count CBS amp SFC total unimportant corruption count CBS amp SFC total fixed corruption count SURT total detected corruption count SURT total unimportant corruption count SURT total fixed corruption count AutoAnalysis directive completed successfully Unable to update IE11 Successfully processed all directives SFCFix version by niemiro has completed Currently storing datablocks Finish time - - ----------------------EOF----------------------- IE main log INFO Waiting for Active Setup to complete INFO Waiting for Active Setup to complete -ECBD- cf- Unable to update IE11 B - AA B INFO Waiting for Active Setup to complete -ECBD- cf- B - AA B INFO Waiting for Active Setup to complete -ECBD- cf- B - AA B INFO Waiting for Active Setup to complete -ECBD- cf- B - AA B INFO Waiting for Active Setup to complete -ECBD- cf- B - AA B INFO PauseOrResumeAUThread Successfully resumed Automatic Updates INFO Setup exit code x C - The neutral cab Unable to update IE11 failed to install INFO Cleaning up temporary files in C windows TEMP IE DBAD tmp INFO Unable to remove directory C windows TEMP IE DBAD tmp marking for deletion on reboot INFO Released Internet Explorer Installer Mutex SFC SCANNOW C windows system gt sfc scannow Beginning system scan This process will take some time Beginning verification phase of system scan Verification complete Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations

A:Unable to update IE11

I just saw your thread on Sysnative, I'll pick it up at that website..

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606383/unable-to-update-ie11/
Relevancy 51.17%

I downloaded IE11 from Microsoft and executed it. It gets about 40% of the way across the ribbon in the "Installing Internet Explorer" window when it aborts and says "Internet Explorer did not finish installing".

I checked the troubleshooting page but nothing helped.

NOTE: I sometimes have trouble installing some programs -- "you don't have access" is the kind of message I get. Sometimes I can install a program if I switch to the admin account.

Any ideas what is wrong?

Thanks.

A:Cannot update IE10 to IE11

Only the PC's Admin account can install programs for the PC.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-update-ie10-to-ie11-797146.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi After a completely botched up attempt to upgrade to Win I was left with no other option than to reinvoke Win Starter using the System Recovery CD Disks Upon completion of the recovery I find that Windows Update check facility will not detect and download any updates it simply keeps showing the Checking for updates dialogue box with the green progress indicator continually churning away I installed Belarc Advisor which clearly indicates there are some odd security hot fixes to be downloaded and installed The only update that did download was Windows Update Agent ver not Windows - Update working Win7 Starter I checked the Properties Details of file Windows System Wuaueng to confirm that the version was in fact installed which it was I ran both Microsoft Fixit -WinUpdate and WindowsUpdateDiagnostic applications but without success I manually downloaded and installed the necessary pre-requisite patches and install file to raise Internet Explorer from ver to ver in the hope that it might make a difference but to no Win7 Starter - Windows Update not working avail Can anyone offer any assistance please as until the updates are Win7 Starter - Windows Update not working downloaded and istalled the PC is too vulnerable to be used Many thanks - Bob Deb

A:Win7 Starter - Windows Update not working

You could try this:https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...Select this download "All supported x86-based versions of Windows 7 SP1" (assuming you are 32 bit). Double click the downloaded file and hope for the best.Most likely it is the version you now have but I suppose that there is a vague chance it will jigger WU into life. Restart the computer afterwards.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanksmessage edited by Derek

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/win7-starter-windows-update-not-working/19035.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Here are Microsoft's Instructions to Change Settings for Updates

"...In the left pane, click Change settings.

Under Microsoft Update, select the Give me updates for Microsoft products and check for new optional Microsoft software when I update Windows check box.

To get notifications of new Microsoft software, select the Show me detailed notifications when new Microsoft software is available check box..."

See the attached two (2) .png images. On my 32 Bit Windows 7 Starter, notice how the required boxes needed to check are not shown. I would like to have this ability - just like on my 64 Bit Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit Notebook. Seems like Microsoft goofed up something in their system software for Windows 7 Starter 32 bit.

Any ideas how to get the missing check boxes? Maybe with REGEDIT? Or something else?

A:Change Update Settings Win 7 Starter 32 Bit - Messed Up

From experience I know that Win 7 Starter has some items removed, might it not be that your OS has these update settings missing?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/390395-change-update-settings-win-7-starter-32-bit-messed-up.html
Relevancy 50.31%

This has been going on for a long time. Could not upgrade to IE10, then IE11. All of the other updates work fine.

Getting the error 9c59. Hopefully someone can help

A:Can not update to IE11 on Win7 Home

SFC shows the following problem...

Code:
2014-06-27 14:33:07, Info CSI 000001d8 [SR] Repairing 1 components
2014-06-27 14:33:07, Info CSI 000001d9 [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
2014-06-27 14:33:07, Info CSI 000001db [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:34{17}]"Magnification.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-Magnification, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
2014-06-27 14:33:07, Info CSI 000001dd [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:34{17}]"Magnification.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-Magnification, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
2014-06-27 14:33:07, Info CSI 000001de [SR] This component was referenced by [l:198{99}]"Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.7601.17514.WindowsFoundationDelivery"
2014-06-27 14:33:07, Info CSI 000001e1 [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\System32"\[l:34{17}]"Magnification.dll"; source file in store is also corrupted
2014-06-27 14:33:07, Info CSI 000001e3 [SR] Repair complete
I'll post a fix protocol for it a little later.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/336055-can-not-update-ie11-win7-home.html
Relevancy 50.31%

This week i experienced some issues with internet explorer The issues i'm experiencing are -I can't download on any site i press the download key and nothing happens For example on mediafire and box com -I can't stay logged in in any site I open the site i log in i open that sites page on a different tab and it's already logged out For example on facebook com and sevenforums com I think the cause of this issues is the update kb that i installed through quot windows update quot I already unistalled kb and restarted the computer but when i go check it the update is still in the quot update history quot Details on the update Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows for x -based Systems KB Installation date - - Installation status Successful Update type Important A security issue has update kb3049563 after IE11 broken been identified in a Microsoft software product that could affect your system You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft For a complete listing of the issues that are included IE11 broken after update kb3049563 in this update see the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article After you install this update you may have to restart your system IE11 broken after update kb3049563 More information MS - Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer May Help and Support Microsoft Support Any advices on what should i do Thank you in advance

A:IE11 broken after update kb3049563

Go back with System Restore. When you are offered the updates, hide the one that presents the problem.
You are the second member to have a problem with those updates. For some reason I was spared.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/369953-ie11-broken-after-update-kb3049563.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I am having issues to update from IE10 to IE11. Also cannot install updates KB3003057 or anyones which this one supersedes such as KB2987107, KB2977629, etc for months.

I have run the CheckSur and sfc for a few times already and the latest one does not seem to have lots of errors. Also ran the DISM scanhealth and returned with no errors.

The CBS log attached below. Thanks in advance.

A:Cannot update from IE10 to IE11 with 9c59

You have some quite serious errors in the CheckSUR results...

Code:
Checking Component Store
(f) CSI Missing Winning Component Key 0x00000000 x86_microsoft-windows-i..timezones.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18217_en-us_857fa059e0060cdc
(f) CSI Missing Winning Component Key 0x00000000 x86_microsoft-windows-i..rnational-timezones_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18217_none_1751a4c567d1981f
(f) CSI Missing Winning Component Key 0x00000000 x86_microsoft-windows-tcpip-binaries_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18203_none_b52f2f65c4a146e5
(f) CSI Missing Winning Component Key 0x00000000 x86_microsoft-windows-i..timezones.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18217_zh-tw_e902481dc498c35e

Unfortunately, 'Missing Winning Component Key' problems are a little beyond my skillset so I'm going to have to ask for assistance.

Don't run away.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/352760-cannot-update-ie10-ie11-9c59.html
Relevancy 50.31%

My japanese wife got a new PC and instead of the original WIN7 swedish version that the PC had, she had WIN7 japanese version (full version sent to her by her jap. brother in law) installed. Most things went fine, but she cannot update from IE7 to IE11. Whatever we do, (even trying to download IE11 from Japan Microoft site) only swedish version of IE11 is downloaded (is it because we live in Sweden now?), but it cannot be installed, as the system language is different, according to the message we get when we try to install the IE11 update. So it?s a Catch 22 situation. Anyone with a solution?

A:IE11 update Catch 22 situation

Hi,
Not sure if it's a catch 22
It's most likely because you leapfrogging over three versions :/
I doubt windows 7 ever had ie7 on it,
It comes with ie8,
But you would then go to ie9 and then ie10 and imho say there
Check for updates and right click and Hide the ie11's update and recheck for updates manually,
You should see ie10 and possibly 9 as well.
See how ie9 loads
Cheers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/352793-ie11-update-catch-22-situation.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I've already written about the previous update for IE11 (KB3148198) and installed it unwillingly:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/612553/what-about-kb3148198/

But this month, there is another cumulative security update for IE11 with a size of 52MB again (KB3154070). Do I need it? I read the following topic and try to find out if I would really need it:
http://www.askwoody.com/2016/are-win7-security-updates-free-of-get-windows-10-tendencies/#comments

I still hesitate.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/614002/another-security-update-for-ie11-kb3154070/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello to all the Forum helpers here I have a problem Win IE11 now tried doesn't IE8 and Had Update work. Install to with Windows Update trying to install IE When I built the comp I had IE installed Apparently Windows Update has tried to install IE I don't usually use IE Had IE8 now Win Update tried to Install IE11 and doesn't work. for browsing since it is usually slower and a clunker so I didn't give much thought when it quot Updated quot and didn't know it was trying to update IE from to As I have been searching this issue apparently I didn't uncheck the quot Automatically Update to newer version of Internet Explorer quot in help about Apparently it was coming through updates as quot Important Updates quot to automatically download amp install I would like to have IE working again as some websites do not work properly without it Have had serious issues with IE in the distant past when running se I'm new to this forum and haven't used mspaint in years to try and post screenshots Please be patient with my responses Thank you

A:Had IE8 now Win Update tried to Install IE11 and doesn't work.

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
Change your windows update settings,
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/2797-windows-update-settings-change.html
Uninstall ie11,
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/313358-internet-explorer-11-uninstall-windows-7-a.html
Hide the ie11 update,
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/24376-windows-update-hide-restore-hidden-updates.html
I would suggest upgrading to at least ie10 but at the very least ie9,
ie9 download select your windows version and language,
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/downloads/ie-9/worldwide-languages
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/downloads/ie-10/worldwide-languages
With most issues your best option is to reset,
Reset process first opening Internet explorer

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/325018-had-ie8-now-win-update-tried-install-ie11-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have been having a problem installing Internet Explorer on Win bit the problem started a few days ago when it tried to automatically install as part of the Windows Update the machine rebooted then got to stage of in the windows update then failed with a message that said reverting changes it then took me to the IE11 Changes - Windows install Update Cant Reverting login screen I popped in Cant install IE11 - Windows Update Reverting Changes my password to login to the desktop and the desktop would not load instead I was faced with a Black screen I left the computer for about an hour and nothing had changed I managed to get back into the computer by going into the System repair and using system restore My Security is Norton IS and Trusteer Rapport the computer is a HP G uk running Windows bit Since then I have tried the following Ran Chkdsk Ran SFC Scannow - Found and fixed errors Ran System Update Readiness Reset Windows Update Components using Tweaking com all in one repair Downloaded IE manually and installed - Same Problem Clean Boot - Same Problem Since then I have managed to install other updates fine a hotfix was installed yesterday and also installed Office Service pack today which again was fine there just seems to be a problem with IE I have uploaded the IE Main log and also the CBS log which was too large to attach to the post so have uploaded it to dropbox link below https www dropbox com sh j y tlustd RpNEj Xel Hoping that someone has some more ideas on how I can get this to install Thanks in advance

A:Cant install IE11 - Windows Update Reverting Changes

If you go to the Control Panel and click on Uninstall a program it will open with the option View install updates.  Click on this and see if IE11 is listed there with the date that you last installed it.  Also check to see if there is more than one installation of IE11.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/516333/cant-install-ie11-windows-update-reverting-changes/
Relevancy 49.88%

I was doing reasonably well with Windows 10 after doing a clean installation. There have been some problems with third-party software, but that's not entirely unexpected.

However, since the 1511 update, IE11 and Chrome don't work very well. Chrome is slow and won't load some images, and IE11 often won't even load a page.

(To answer what is probably an obvious question, Edge has no trouble loading pages and does so quickly. However, it keeps downloading some kind of adware from various sites without permission, and that's unacceptable.)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

A:IE11 and Chrome don't work after the 1511 update

Reinstalling those two, specially Chrome can help a lot. Some even report that Chrome wouldn't work at all after that update.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/36022-ie11-chrome-dont-work-after-1511-update.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Today I just upgraded from IE to Icon IE11 to update KB3134814 W10 installs IE on two laptops having seen that IE KB3134814 update to IE11 installs W10 Icon is not supported since January After updating I ran Windows update and an Important update to IE appeared - KB I installed it and restarted and immediately the Windows icon appeared KB3134814 update to IE11 installs W10 Icon in my task bar I have been rid of it for months until now So I checked in installed updates to go and remove it and noticed that KB had also been installed - not something that had been offered or ticked it just appeared along with KB I googled to see what is and apparently it is for Windows Both our laptops are Windows and is installed by the back door and is causing issues apparently So I uninstalled it hoping the Windows Icon would go Restarted and Windows icon still there So I then went to uninstall the Important IE update KB and my computer is now frozen shutting down on the screen saying quot Preparing to configure Windows Do not turn off your computer quot So it seems to me that KB - the 'Important' update for Windows is not safe to install and also installs the Windows icon I had also upgraded our other laptop to IE but had not yet done the update and that one is fine and no Windows icon and no unexpected KB I am writing this on the still working laptop and have decided to turn the other one off and try restarting It is restarting and teling me it is at update operation of It has restarted now but the Windows Icon is still there and KB is still in the list of installed updates so it seems it doesn't want to be uninstalled Am going to try doing a system restore now In the restore points were about items for Windows modules installers about of them I just restored back to the latest critical update which included one of the entries for Windows modules installer Windows icon still there So have gone back to the previous critical update before any of the listings for Windows module installer whatever that is Anything before that was not done today

A:KB3134814 update to IE11 installs W10 Icon

I did all the patch Tuesday updates for Feb yesterday, unchecking everything optional except for net framework one, and all was ok yesterday. So it is just since installing IE11 and then the update for it.

Am back to IE10 now and Windows 10 Icon has gone. Will install IE11 again, but not the update for it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/391443-kb3134814-update-ie11-installs-w10-icon.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi there

This only seems a problem with IE11 - happened after latest update

can somebody please test this link with IE11 to see if it's W10 that's a problem or the particular site or something on my machine

From the BBC - Main / Home page works fine but then links get broken or hang.

On Edge / Firefox - works correctly !!!

Rail fares increase by 1.1% in England, Scotland and Wales - BBC News

This site seems broken as well using IE11. Home (Main) pge appears then IE11 hangs

Yahoo Finance - Business Finance, Stock Market, Quotes, News

I'm running latest build (NOT the insider version) of W10 Pro X-64

Strangely enough THIS site (the forums) works OK with IE11

Thanks and happy new year everyone.

Cheers
jimbo

A:IE11 failing on some websites after latest w10 update

Both links work fine for me using IE11 - version is 11.20.10586.0, update version 11.0.26 (KB3104002)

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/35933-ie11-failing-some-websites-after-latest-w10-update.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,
My IE11 doesn't respond after the Windows 8.1 Update1, I have tried sfc /scannow and Dism command to repair but the result is same, could someone point me at the right direction, Thanks.

A:Unable to access IE11 after the recent Update

Hello Brummy,

Is this with the modern or desktop IE, or both?

If modern IE11, then you might see if this below may help.
Internet Explorer Modern - Restore in Windows 8
If desktop IE11, then you might see if completely resetting IE11 to default may help.
Internet Explorer - Reset - Windows 7 Help Forums
Hope this helps.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/44133-unable-access-ie11-after-recent-update.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi - I have browser problems after a windows update came along on November It turned out to be an IE upgrade to IE If it wasn't marked as a critical update I would not have bothered Prior to the update all was well Post update the IE has trouble connecting to some sites eg Latest news world news sport and comment from the Guardian theguardian com The Guardian and Free website Browser problems update IE11 after windows Free blog Create a free website Weebly fails to load and Home Mail Online works fine The browser just reports that it is 'waiting for response from website' So I tried rolling back Browser problems after IE11 windows update the machine to the restore point prior to the update Now back to IE BUT the same problem persists Next I unrestored the unrestore and reverted to IE I then tried uninstalling the update Back to IE and same problem I tried turning off the windows firewall and disabling the virus scanner Same problem I checked the latest version of Flash is installed So I downloaded and installed Chrome Chrome has the same problem except that if you stop the page loading it will render the page as far as it has got Successive reloads and stop loading clicks will get most of the page Chrome is now my default browser Funnily enough Chrome seems to be getting better at getting web pages as it is used more Seven forums has only just become usable Is there a fix for this Machine is w Pro SP Simon

A:Browser problems after IE11 windows update

Try ccleaner and leave the basic stuff checked as well as dns cache under system.

CCleaner - Delete Junk Files

Have you scanned your system for malware?

Such as with malware bytes or avast?

You can download them and run a full scan in my signature.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/312801-browser-problems-after-ie11-windows-update.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I was doing reasonably well with Windows 10 after doing a clean installation. There have been some problems with third-party software, but that's not entirely unexpected.

However, since the 1511 update, IE11 and Chrome don't work very well. Chrome is slow and won't load some images, and IE11 often won't even load a page.

(To answer what is probably an obvious question, Edge has no trouble loading pages and does so quickly. However, it keeps downloading some kind of adware from various sites without permission, and that's unacceptable.)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

A:IE11 and Chrome don't work after the 1511 update

Reinstalling those two, specially Chrome can help a lot. Some even report that Chrome wouldn't work at all after that update.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/36022-ie11-chrome-dont-work-after-1511-update.html