Windows Support Forum

Windows Update Failing - Error 80070308

Q: Windows Update Failing - Error 80070308

Hi,

For the past 2-3 weeks any attempt at installing windows updates has been failing, with the error code 80070308. I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, the updates currently trying to install are:

I've tried the generic solutions I've been able to find, Microsoft repair tools etc, with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows Update Failing - Error 80070308

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows Update Failing - Error 80070308

Here's a sampling from your CBS log...

Code:
2014-08-07 10:49:10, Error CSI 00000047 (F) A previous transaction requested a reboot, so you cannot commit any transactions until you reboot.
[gle=0x80004005]
2014-08-07 10:49:10, Error CSI 00000048 (F) STATUS_REQUEST_OUT_OF_SEQUENCE #387385# from Windows::COM::CComponentStore::ApplyTransactionNow(...)[gle=0xd000042a]
2014-08-07 10:49:10, Error CSI [email protected]/8/7:09:49:10.404 (F) d:\win7sp1_gdr\base\wcp\componentstore\com\store_transaction.cpp(1841): Error STATUS_REQUEST_OUT_OF_SEQUENCE originated in function Windows::COM::CComponentStore::ApplyTransactionNow expression: (null)
[gle=0x80004005]
2014-08-07 10:49:10, Error CSI 0000004a (F) HRESULT_FROM_WIN32(ERROR_REQUEST_OUT_OF_SEQUENCE) #387246# from Windows::COM::CPendingTransaction::IStorePendingTransaction_Apply(...)[gle=0x80070308]
2014-08-07 10:49:10, Error CSI 0000004b (F) HRESULT_FROM_WIN32(ERROR_REQUEST_OUT_OF_SEQUENCE) #381337# from Windows::ServicingAPI::CCSITransaction::ICSITransaction2_AddFiles(Flags = 1, a = @0x38cd30, fn = @0x38d530, fp = @0x38dd30, disp = 0, op = 0)[gle=0x80070308]
2014-08-07 10:49:10, Info CBS Failed to add to transaction package: Package_130_for_KB2973351~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1 [HRESULT = 0x80070308 - ERROR_REQUEST_OUT_OF_SEQUENCE]
2014-08-07 10:49:10, Error CBS Failed to stage execution package: Package_130_for_KB2973351~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1 [HRESULT = 0x80070308 - ERROR_REQUEST_OUT_OF_SEQUENCE]
Windows thinks that it's still in the middle of installing an update of some kind.

Please do a Search in your Windows folder (and subfolders for any files 'pending.xml', and compress un upload all found

(there are no SFC or CheckSUR errors)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/340634-windows-update-failing-error-80070308-a.html
Relevancy 89.44%

My Windows Seven Professional is original SP It's been three months since my Windows Update stopped working All updates fail with the same error I failing. Error keep Updates 80070308. already tried Updates keep failing. Error 80070308. all the fix and troubleshout programs all some lines for the Updates keep failing. Error 80070308. command prompt I updated my drives using Slimdrivers and Iobit softwares but I still have tons of windows security IE and framework updates The SFC Scan says nothing and the SURT only updated the Hotifx KB I searched the forum and found other threads with the same problem If it is of any help I used the following commands REG LOAD HKLM COMPONENTS C Windows System config COMPONENTS REG QUERY HKLM COMPONENTS And these are the results Microsoft Windows vers o Copyright c Microsoft Corporation Todos os direitos reservados C Windows system gt REG LOAD HKLM COMPONENTS C Windows System config COMPONEN TS A opera o foi conclu da com xito C Windows system gt REG QUERY HKLM COMPONENTS HKEY LOCAL MACHINE COMPONENTS StoreFormatVersion REG BINARY E E E StoreArchitecture REG BINARY PendingRequired REG DWORD x LastScavengeCookie REG QWORD x d f ba a dae LastScavengeFlags REG DWORD x HKEY LOCAL MACHINE COMPONENTS CanonicalData HKEY LOCAL MACHINE COMPONENTS ccpinterface HKEY LOCAL MACHINE COMPONENTS Configuration HKEY LOCAL MACHINE COMPONENTS DerivedData HKEY LOCAL MACHINE COMPONENTS Installers HKEY LOCAL MACHINE COMPONENTS ServicingStackVersions C Windows system gt -------------------

A:Updates keep failing. Error 80070308.

The CBS.log shows the following error sequence...

Code:
2015-06-20 17:11:34, Error CSI 00000011 (F) A previous transaction requested a reboot, so you cannot commit any transactions until you reboot.
[gle=0x80004005]
2015-06-20 17:11:34, Error CSI 00000012 (F) STATUS_REQUEST_OUT_OF_SEQUENCE #38621# from Windows::COM::CComponentStore::ApplyTransactionNow(...)[gle=0xd000042a]
2015-06-20 17:11:34, Error CSI [email protected]/6/20:21:11:34.463 (F) d:\win7sp1_gdr\base\wcp\componentstore\com\store_transaction.cpp(1841): Error STATUS_REQUEST_OUT_OF_SEQUENCE originated in function Windows::COM::CComponentStore::ApplyTransactionNow expression: (null)
[gle=0x80004005]
try this...
Open an Elevated Command Prompt, and run the following commands
REG LOAD HKLM\COMPONENTS C:\Windows\System32\config\COMPONENTS
REG DELETE HKLM\COMPONENTS /V PendingRequired

then reboot, and try Windows Update again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/373467-updates-keep-failing-error-80070308-a.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Suddenly today (7/9/14) Windows 7 has decided it won't update and gives the 80070308 error. I have tried Googling for a solution but can't seem to find much other than the RegistryReviver program pop up on all the threads. I use the free version of CCleaner to periodically clean up the Registry. The 80070308 error seems to be a common problem and has been around for a long time based on the items Googled. Before I restore the system from a backup from a month ago is there a better solution to this problem. I have attached a screenshot of the Windows Update Log. It would appear that one of the updates on 7/9 caused the problem? Help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Windows Update Error 80070308?

Hello Ken429 . Please post per this : and see what some experts can sort out for you.
Windows Update Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/337343-windows-update-error-80070308-a.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I've been unable to download and install Windows 7 updates because I keep getting this error. Updates download, appear to be installing, but when I get to 100% this message keeps popping up.

I've seen people posting "fixes" but I'm also aware that sometimes these fixes are machine specific, and I don't want to get myself into more trouble than I already have.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

A:Windows Update Error 80070308

Sorry, I probably should have mentioned I'm using Windows 7.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/527190/windows-update-error-80070308/
Relevancy 87.72%

For the last two weeks I have been unable to install windows updates. When I attempt to install updates the installation process appears to proceed normally cycling through the updates. However, once the process completes all updates are shown to have failed and the following message is displayed:

Code 80070308 Windows Update encountered an unknown error.

I have attached the CBS log data.

You appear to have IOBit software installed - I would suggest attempting to UNDO whatever it's done, and then uninstalling it completely.

As far as Windows Update is concerned...

Try this...
Open an Elevated Command Prompt, and run the following commands...

REG DELETE HKLM\COMPONENTS /V PendingRequired
reboot and then attempt Windows Update again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/369420-windows-update-error-80070308-a.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I got this Error after trying to install July 2014 Updates. Some updates installed successfully though.
When I click retry it'll download again with slightly bigger size and 99% progress (The last time I click retry until about 200MB or so).

These are the logs and screenshots after I cleanup the SoftwareDistribution folder and retrying the installation some times

...and the rest of the requested data - the CBS.log and CBSPersist CAB files?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/337453-windows-update-error-80070308-a.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hello Everyone,

Thank you in advance for your assistance in this very frustrating matter:

I have a Windows 7 64 bit home premium pc and 37 updates waiting to be installed but keep getting error code 80070308. Fix-it does not find anything. SFC /scannow did not find any integrity violations.

Attached is a screenshot. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Milan

A:Windows update error 80070308

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data

If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

Please also post the C:\Windows\windowsudpate.log file

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/377190-windows-update-error-80070308-a.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Windows Update is not working. I researched the web and tried a number of fixes for this error code without result. I would greatly appreciate your assistance in resolving this issue. All of the information regarding the laptop I'm using is in my profile. Thank you.

Beau Worsham

A:I need help with Windows Update Error 80070308

Please open an elevated Command Prompt, and run the following command,

REG QUERY HKLM\COMPONENTS
post the results.
Here are some instructions to make life easier

1) To open an Elevated Command Prompt Window (the ECP window), click on Start, All Programs, Accessories – then right-click on Command Prompt, and select Run as Administrator. Accept the UAC prompt.
2) To run the commands easier, highlight the block of commands, and right-click on the highlight – select Copy. In the CP Window, click on the black/white icon at top left – select Paste. The commands will run but may not complete the last command, so hit the Enter Key once.
3) To copy the results... click on the Black/White icon in the top left, and select Edit... 'Select All', and hit the Enter key - then use Ctrl+V or r-click+Paste to paste it into your response.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/338428-i-need-help-windows-update-error-80070308-a.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello Friends,
I've been dealing with this error for about two months now. It took me that long until I found this site. Any way, I've run the SURT, The sfc scan, both completed successfully. I am not uploading my CBS.zip file because it's 35MB. If I need to cut it down please let me know how. Error code screenshot attached. Thanks.
Mike Delasandro

A:Windows Update Error Code 80070308

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data
If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/345216-windows-update-error-code-80070308-a.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Just recently, I've been receiving error codes 80070308 along with error 9C59 when attempting to perform Windows Update. I'm not entirely too sure when this problem began since last months updates installed successfully and I haven't been able to install any updates since then. Attached is the most recent CBS log.

I have already run the SURT twice.

Could you help me?

Attachment 329703

A:Windows Update Error 80070308 and 9C59

Your CBS log is showing lots of this type of error.

Code:
Line 147559: 2014-08-18 13:51:45, Error CSI 0000013e (F) STATUS_REQUEST_OUT_OF_SEQUENCE #1265671# from Windows::COM::CComponentStore::ApplyTransactionNow(...)[gle=0xd000042a]
I've seen this before - and fixed it - but now forgotten how I fixed it

Back later when caffeine starts working!

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/342099-windows-update-error-80070308-9c59.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Everytime I try and load windows updates I get error message 80070308.

Now have 24 updates which cannot be loaded.

Also cannot download iTunes as I get the same 80070308 error message.

Tried to follow some of your previous threads recommendations without success.

Desperately need help as the Windows website is useless

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/381970-constant-windows-update-error-80070308-a.html
Relevancy 85.57%

My windows update fails all the time.It comes to the end and then fails. Picture 1
I have tried microsoft fix it ”says it fixed 2 treats" but update fails again. Picture 2

I have tryed to do it manual, both with case 4 and without but
4 it reads but do not find
regsvr32.exe mshtml.dll
regsvr32.exe shdocvw.dll
regsvr32.exe browseui.dll
regsvr32.exe qmgr.dll
9 it don't read and don't find
regsvr32.exe msxml.dll
regsvr32.exe gpkcsp.dll
regsvr32.exe sccbase.dll
regsvr32.exe slbcsp.dll
regsvr32.exe initpki.dll
regsvr32.exe wuaueng1.dll
regsvr32.exe wucltui.dll
regsvr32.exe wuweb.dll
regsvr32.exe muweb.dll

Tried Windows update standalone fix it still fails

I have tried SFC Scan report attacht

any surgestions

A:Windows Update Fails w error code 80070308

There's no obvious problems (apart from your errorcode) in any of the data posted.

Please also post the C:\Windows\windowsupdate.log file.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/349374-windows-update-fails-w-error-code-80070308-a.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Since mid February all of my Windows update patches have continually failed with and error code of I have never had an issue with any Windows Updates prior to mid February I am running Windows Professional SP bit I have a newer Dell XPS machine with GB RAM and an Intel Core i - CPU GHZ The following updates continually fail Cumulative Security Windows w Update code 80070308 error Fails Updated for IE for Windows x based systems KB Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework on Windows and Windows Server R SP for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework on Windows and Windows Server R SP for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework on Windows and Windows Server R SP for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB I tried running the quot Fix it quot program recommended in the MS troubleshooting link but that did not help I have also tried installing with Norton turned off both Windows Update Fails w error code 80070308 virus protection and firewall Any help that you can provide would be most welcome Thanks in advance Bruce Code Diagnostic Report Windows Update Fails w error code 80070308 ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - -M DJT- J WC- WD Windows Product Key Hash xo ajVSpae VoZjS m JL f A Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM SLP Windows OS version ID D D A-E B- E - B -D FCFBC Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Professional Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt D D A-E B- E - B -D FCFBC lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - - WD lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Dell Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt XPS lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt Dell Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt A lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt D FE lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Eastern Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt DELL lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt FX lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt ... Read more

A:Windows Update Fails w error code 80070308

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/324748-windows-update-fails-w-error-code-80070308-a.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi Windows Update has been trying to install the same updates now since yesterday Prior code to install, Failure Update 80070308 Windows error to Windows Update Failure to install, error code 80070308 that it's updated with no problems It goes through all the motions including having to restart the computer to finalize the updates and it goes through that also then the Update window says it failed and the Windows Update Failure to install, error code 80070308 error code WU then starts Windows Update Failure to install, error code 80070308 the whole thing all over again Right now it's still on my taskbar and the restart button on the pc has the WU icon ready to finalize after restarting I've followed the directions in the Windows UPdate Posting Instructions Error code Enclosed is the sfcdetails txt I cannot upload the CBS zip though I've tried several times and it's not completing After a few minutes waiting while it says 'File uploading please wait' the little window goes from that file attachment to a generic page saying This page cannot be displayed lt LI id task - gt Make sure the web address http www sevenforums com is correct lt LI id task - gt Look for the page with your search engine lt LI id task - gt Refresh the page in a few minutes Thanks

A:Windows Update Failure to install, error code 80070308

llanita take a look at this Windows 7 update fails with code 80070308 - Microsoft Community

Personally I set my updates to let me know they are available and I look at them before I install anything. But it is a personal choice my thoughts are that given updates can cause problems I like to know what I have downloaded and then can go back to dedicated update points get rid of problems. see pic

Having posted the above I think these would not be a bad thing to try

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html < use the /f option in Option 2 ifnecessary

http://www.superantispyware.com/

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

download from bleeping computer ? delete any rubbishthese find.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/337525-windows-update-failure-install-error-code-80070308-a.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi guys Since I migrated my update, Can't 80070308 error system on a new ssd a few months ago using Paragon Migrate I can't update my Windows Everytime I try to install them it fails http i imgur com UNs jns png in french but you don't need any translation to get that updates failed And everytime I turn my computer off it tries to install the updates while it's being turned off and everytime it fails While it doesn't stop me to use the computer I'm starting to be a bit worried I tried a few weeks ago to use the really big file you ask to download and left it running for like minutes and as it freezed I killed it As you say it would be expected I am currently running it another time it's blocked on KB update for minutes now I have also done the sfc scannow command and it found no violations as it says So a bit of help would be great Here's my logs CBS directory archive Zippyshare com Hit me up if you need it on another hosting service Can't update, error 80070308 Obviously my windows copy is authentic EDIT The big file thing just finished I'm restarting the updates EDIT One worked Silverlight but others didn't and same error code

A:Can't update, error 80070308

Some help please folks ? I think I did everything that was asked in the sticky thread.

I also followed this : Windows Update Error 80246008 in Windows 7 - Fix[3]=Windows%20Updates

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/341915-cant-update-error-80070308-a.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Since the newest 9 Security Updates I am not able to install them anymore.

The Error I get is: "Code 80070308 Unknown Error"

These Updates are failing:

KB2962872
KB2961072
KB2971850
KB2972280
KB2973201
KB2973351
KB2952664
KB2966583
KB2973337
sfc /scannow did not find any problems.
Also CheckSUR din't find any errors.
The CBS Folder as a *.zip archive here: http://ags-server.de/CBS.zip
(it's too big for uploading here)
Thank you for any help - I don't want to make an InPlace Upgrade because of a lot of problems in the past (The Computer was very slow after a repai install).
MfG,
Anon

A:Update Error Code 80070308

There is getting to be a rash of this error code this week!
(this is the third in 24 hours - and it's always been rare until now).

Here's the error sequence for yours.

Code:
2014-07-10 03:01:32, Info CBS Exec: Staging Package: Package_129_for_KB2973351~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1, Update: 2973351-333_neutral_GDR, PinDeployment: amd64_92685b594b803139ca03aacd81219449_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18496_none_ac5748f9a5bfe380
2014-07-10 03:01:32, Info CSI [email protected]/7/10:01:01:32.865 CSI Transaction @0x17b1880 destroyed
2014-07-10 03:01:32, Info CSI 0000002a Transaction merge required, do-not-merge flag passed.
2014-07-10 03:01:32, Info CSI [email protected]/7/10:01:01:32.865 CSI Transaction @0x17b1880 initialized for deployment engine {d16d444c-56d8-11d5-882d-0080c847b195} with flags 00000002 and client id [79]"TI3.30383066_2080273629:3/Package_for_KB2973351~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1"
2014-07-10 03:01:32, Info CSI 0000002c Performing 10 operations; 10 are not lock/unlock and follow:
StageFile (2): flags: 8 app: (null) comp: Microsoft-Windows-Security-Schannel, Version = 6.1.7601.22712, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_IA32_ON_WIN64 (10), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral file: [ml:26{13},l:24{12}]"schannel.dll" srcfile: @0x6719d88
StageFile (2): flags: 8 app: (null) comp: Microsoft-Windows-LSA, Version = 6.1.7601.22712, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_IA32_ON_WIN64 (10), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral file: [ml:24{12},l:22{11}]"secur32.dll" srcfile: @0x6718af8
StageFile (2): flags: 8 app: (null) comp: Microsoft-Windows-LSA, Version = 6.1.7601.22712, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_IA32_ON_WIN64 (10), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral file: [ml:24{12},l:22{11}]"sspicli.dll" srcfile: @0x6719fc8
StageFile (2): flags: 8 app: (null) comp: Microsoft-Windows-LSA, Version = 6.1.7601.18496, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_IA32_ON_WIN64 (10), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral file: [ml:24{12},l:22{11}]"secur32.dll" srcfile: @0x671a9e8
StageFile (2): flags: 8 app: (null) comp: Microsoft-Windows-LSA, Version = 6.1.7601.18496, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_IA32_ON_WIN64 (10), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral file: [ml:24{12},l:22{11}]"sspicli.dll" srcfile: @0x671acb8
StageFile (2): flags: 8 app: (null) comp: Microsoft-Windows-CertificationAuthorityClient, Version = 6.1.7601.22712, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, Pub
2014-07-10 03:01:32, Info CSI licKey neutral file: [ml:24{12},l:22{11}]"certcli.dll" srcfile: @0x671add8
StageFile (2): flags: 8 app: (null) comp: Microsoft-Windows-Security-Schannel, Version = 6.1.7601.22712, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral file: [ml:26{13},l:24{12}]"schannel.dll" srcfile: @0x671aef8
StageFile (2): flags: 8 app: (null) comp: Microsoft-Windows-CertificationAuthorityClient, Version = 6.1.7601.22712, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral file: [ml:24{12},l:22{11}]"certcli.dll" srcfile: @0x671b018
StageFi... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/337480-update-error-code-80070308-a.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello,

Running Windows 7 Pro 64bit Service Pack 1
So, I have been getting code 80070308 for the last month. I did try windows "fix it", Downloaded "SURT" and ran SFC as Admin. I even tried a clean boot running only Windows programs at startup.... nothing. Still getting the error.

On a side note, I believe the 2 updates that first failed (which I have since hidden) were KB3035573 (recomended) and KB2990214 (important) Update Log attached

A:Error Code 80070308 for all KB..... update since end of March

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/367884-error-code-80070308-all-kb-update-since-end-march.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello,

after doing updates I got following errors:

Does anyone know how to solve it?

A:80073712 & 80070308 Windows Update Errors

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/372245-80073712-80070308-windows-update-errors.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Heya,

I'm using Windows Home Professional 64 bit and have had trouble installing updates. Going through the steps nominated here produced the following:

1: Attempting to run SURT from the linked download produced an error:
Installer encountered an error: 0x80070424
The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

2: sfc /scannow came back with:
Windows Resource Protection did not find and integrity violations

3: Attmepting to check for updates produced an error:
Windows Update cannot currently check for updates, because the service is not running. You may need to restart your computer.

4: CBS.zip attached as instructed

Elsewhere I found a suggestion of making a copy of files, registry entries from a working install and inserting them on the busted windows, but I only have one PC running Windows 7.

Thanks in advance for any help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/402515-windows-update-failing-0x80070424-error.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I am running Windows 7 Professional x86 32bit and my machine is having severe problems with updating.

When I run Check for Updates I get the error Code 80073712. Looking at my Update History there is a long list of updates with several fails. However when I go to Installed Updates it is empty?

I have run SURT and attach CBS files. (I have removed one old large CbsPersist to suit the file size limit)

When I run sfc /scannow I get the error message 'Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.'
I have tried a host of fixes from Google searches but none have solved the problem. Hopefully this is enough info for you to assist.

A:Windows Update failing with error 80073712

I have just tried to manually add some recent updates which appeared successful in Update History but when I look at Installed Updates it is still empty.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/376261-windows-update-failing-error-80073712-a.html
Relevancy 69.66%

When I run Windows update I get the error 80073712. I also am getting errors when running the SFC scan. Says that it found errors but could not repair them. Attaching CBS log for review. I have tried to repair and do what I can but it is time to ask for help. Any help is greatly appreciated and thank you in advance!

A:Windows update failing error 80073712

I have run the System Update Readiness Tool (SURT) and still getting same result.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/373042-windows-update-failing-error-80073712-a.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Helping a friend with her pc for the last weeks she's not been able to successfully complete an update the downloading of updates work fine but 64bit Error 7 80070308 code Windows Pro once it gets to the installation phase it errors out with Error Code updates failed her pc has been running fine otherwise and had windows updates set to automatically check amp install I've tried the update fix it Windows 7 Pro 64bit Error code 80070308 tool - http diagnostics support microsoft no amp ext exe Windows update diagnostic - http download microsoft com downlo nostic diagcab the rediness tool choosing windows bit - Fix Windows corruption errors by using the DISM or System Update Readiness tool sfc scan now rebooted but no luck I've read all info here Windows Update Posting Instructions and i tried multiple times to upload the CBS Zip but there seems to be a problem with that as well see pic The pc runs flawlessly only issues are the failing of updates and now the upload error shown in screenshot Security essentials is installed and quick and full scans have been ran i've also installed avg disabling essentials and tests are clean there Thanks in advance

A:Windows 7 Pro 64bit Error code 80070308

post the results.
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/NoelAsus/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/02/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]
1) To open an Elevated Command Prompt Window (the ECP window), click on Start, All Programs, Accessories – then right-click on Command Prompt, and select Run as Administrator. Accept the UAC prompt.
2) To run the commands easier, highlight the block of commands, and right-click on the highlight – select Copy. In the CP Window, click on the black/white icon at top left – select Paste. The commands will run but may not complete the last command, so hit the Enter Key once.
3) To copy the results... click on the Black/White icon in the top left, and select Edit... 'Select All', and hit the Enter key - then use Ctrl+V or r-click+Paste to paste it into your response.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/338290-windows-7-pro-64bit-error-code-80070308-a.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello! I'm having a pretty hard time with a computer. There are six updates which are failing -

Each time I receive error code 80070490. So far I've tried sfc /scannow, tweaking, clean boot, renaming softwaredistribution folder and installing each update manually. Sometimes while installing manually it'll install for almost an hour then fail. I'm desperate here I'd really appreciate some help! Thanks in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/385619-windows-7-update-error-80070490-6-updates-failing.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello I've never posted before I hope you can help me But I'm not an advanced user therefore I might need some Failing, 80073712 Windows code Update error patient assistance if possible Windows update is not succeeding Getting error code when trying to install the following updates KB KB KB However my Microsoft Security Essentials updates still install successfully from the Windows Update panel sfc scannow for many months has been giving the following error quot Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them quot Some background information Sony Vaio laptop Original operating system was Vista but after purchase I upgraded to Win Home Professional by using Sony's upgrade Windows Update Failing, error code 80073712 disk Now running Win Home Professional SP Three years ago I replaced original HDD with a Crucial M SSD GB System Restore has not worked since SSD was installed so I don't depend on it Therefore every month or so I clone SSD in case of a major failure I rely on the computer for my photography and for more than years' worth of Quicken data and for syncing iPhone and iPad with iTunes software I have already hidden some of the Windows Updates that are notorious for causing false SFC errors e g KB and KB Attachment Windows error code screenshot But CBS zip file is too large MB for folder or MB for single text file

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/383412-windows-update-failing-error-code-80073712-a.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi,

Problem as in the subject. Sevenforums had a detailed to-do-before-posting-list for similar issues, did not see any similar details here?

For the record, I did run "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealt" and "sfc /scannow" via cmd as admin and have those logs available if needed. E.g. the CbsPersist_xxx logs are 5*125mb.

Thanks for any help,
Robin

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/71719-windows-update-error-80073712-kb3020370-failing.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I posted this yesterday but as this was my first post in the Windows forum I was instructed that I did not include all of the required information I closed the old post and am re-posting with all of install code get error 80070308 Windows Updates - Cannot the required documentation Since mid February all of my Windows update patches have continually failed with an error code of I have never had an issue with any Windows Updates prior to mid February Cannot install Windows Updates - get error code 80070308 I am running Windows Professional SP bit I have a newer Dell XPS machine with GB RAM and an Intel Core i - CPU GHZ The following updates continually fail Cumulative Security Updated for IE for Windows Cannot install Windows Updates - get error code 80070308 x based systems KB Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows Cannot install Windows Updates - get error code 80070308 for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework on Windows and Windows Server R SP for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework on Windows and Windows Server R SP for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework on Windows and Windows Server R SP for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB I tried running the quot Fix it quot program recommended in the MS troubleshooting link but that did not help I have also tried installing with Norton turned off both virus protection and firewall but to no avail In addition per the info in this forum I also ran the System Update Readiness Tool SURT and did the SFC scan but still get the same error code As instructed I have attached both the CBS log file it was too big to upload so I separated it into two files for upload nd a word document with a screen capture of the error Windows Update provides I have also copied the MGADiag information below Please let me know if you need any other info to help me with this Any help that you can provide would be most welcome Thanks in advance Bruce Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - -M DJT- J WC- WD Windows Product Key Hash xo ajVSpae VoZjS m JL f A Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM SLP Windows OS version ID D D A-E B- E - B -D FCFBC Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Professional Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt D D A-E B- E - B -D FCFBC lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - - WD lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - l... Read more

A:Cannot install Windows Updates - get error code 80070308

I had trouble putting the CBS logs in my original post so I am adding them in this reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/324812-cannot-install-windows-updates-get-error-code-80070308-a.html
Relevancy 68.37%

The error message I am getting is 0x800f0900

I have run the System Update Readiness Tool

I have also run sfc /scannow
It reports that "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them."

Please help! Thank you.
Log:
Checking System Update Readiness.
Binary Version 6.1.7601.22471
Package Version 26.0
2015-09-13 14:16

Checking Windows Servicing Packages

Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs
(f) CBS Catalog Corrupt 0x800B0100 servicing\Packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-TopLevel~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.6.7600.256.cat
(f) CBS MUM Corrupt 0x800F0900 servicing\Packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-AdmComp~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.6.7600.256.mum Line 1: 

Checking Package Watchlist

Checking Component Watchlist

Checking Packages

Checking Component Store

Summary:
Seconds executed: 401
Found 2 errors
CBS MUM Corrupt Total count: 1
CBS Catalog Corrupt Total count: 1

Unavailable repair files:
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-TopLevel~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.6.7600.256.mum
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-AdmComp~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.6.7600.256.mum
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-TopLevel~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.6.7600.256.cat
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-AdmComp~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.6.7600.256.cat

A:Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit SP1 Update is failing, error 0x800f0900

Here is another log

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/381223-windows-7-ultimate-32bit-sp1-update-failing-error-0x800f0900.html
Relevancy 68.37%

So here goes my story After - years of use I decided to format and to do a clean install of Windows Home Premium through an USB install All goes well and the first thing I do is updating by using Windows update All updates succeed and I install all other programs needed for personal use But along the way my pc kept freezing especially during big downloads through Steam watching Flash Player videos in my browser or some trivial other things so I decided to restart my pc Blue screen appeared and I started everything over Format gt Clean install gt updates Failing Windows 800706F7) update Code updates in (Error: But now the updates didn't work as before and get stuck around - of them failing The error code been given every time Failing updates in Windows update (Error: Code 800706F7) is quot Code F quot I've done several things recommended on this forum and here are the results Ran the SURT tool and it installed Hotfix for Windows KB Ran a SFC scan Used the Fix It tool from MS to no avail Tried some other things I can't remember proposed on other forums but reverted with a system recovery point when they didn't work

A:Failing updates in Windows update (Error: Code 800706F7)

The CheckSUR log is incomplete - and there are no apparent problems in the CBS log or SFC scan.

Please upload the C:\Windows\windowsupdate.log file to a replay, and run the CheckSUR tool again - post the CheckSUR.log and CheckSURPersist.log files.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/355054-failing-updates-windows-update-error-code-800706f7.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi guys. This update is failing to install. Attached is the CBS and screenshot. Thanks in advance to all you good ppl out there.

A:Failing on Windows Update KB27773072 (error code 0x8024200D)

Hello NickalJV,

Nice easy one to fix Just download and install this file:

Download Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2773072) from Official Microsoft Download Center

Tom

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/304631-failing-windows-update-kb27773072-error-code-0x8024200d.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I install Windows error update any updates Failing to 800706BA just did a Windows update error 800706BA Failing to install any updates fresh install on a new SSD for my laptop I am getting above error I reinstalled again and got the same I ran check disk already And I started SURT hours ago but it is stuck on Initializing installatipn help please let me know if you need anymore info Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code N A hr xc f Windows Product Key - -GB - RTG-GW Windows Product Key Hash ArJ lDfGuse pNGJIavBAOoniJQ Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type COA SLP Windows OS version ID D A FAE-E - - B - B ABE CE Is Admin Yes TestCab x Windows update error 800706BA Failing to install any updates LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Premium Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser c Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt File Mismatch C Windows system wat watadminsvc exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat npwatweb dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watux exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watweb dll Hr x Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt D A FAE-E - - B - B ABE CE lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -GW lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt ASUSTeK Computer Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt N SM lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt American Megatrends Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt N SM lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt B FE lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Eastern Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt ASUS lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt Notebook lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Software licensing service version Name Windows R HomePremium edition Description Windows Operating System - Windows R OEM COA SLP channel Activation ID e a a-f f - -b bd-ba e a d f Application ID c -d - d - e-d ec f f Extended PID - - - - - - - Installation ID Processor Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Machine Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Use License URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Product Key Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Partial Product Key GW Licen... Read more

A:Windows update error 800706BA Failing to install any updates

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/347696-windows-update-error-800706ba-failing-install-any-updates.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hey guys I've read through the post guidance and done everything as requested Attached is my CBS folder zipped and I've run SURT and SFC scan I've been trying to install updates through windows Update I don't have automatic updates I check and do them manually always have I've tried downloading and installing all three seperately from Microsoft tried updating one by one no luck in any order They all fail after reboot with message after (3) Failing error install 8007054F reboot Windows Update - quot Failed Windows Update (3) Failing install after reboot - error 8007054F to install reverting quot bla bla All three give me the error message F only I really hope you can give me some advice on this one of the Windows Update (3) Failing install after reboot - error 8007054F updates is a key Dx update that's stopping me playing games I've purchased Also noted is other updates are fine even had a fresh one this morning and it installed without an issue it's just these three specific ones and I'm stumped Updates are Important kb Optional kb kb Thanks in advance for any help PS CBS folder had cab files within pushing it over the limit for upload I've removed these and left the log files Let me know if you need the untouched CBS folder and I will upload to dropbox for you

A:Windows Update (3) Failing install after reboot - error 8007054F

You have some errors in the CBS background that I've never seen before - hopefully there will be some supporting information in the event logs.

Open Event Viewer
click on the Windows logs entry in the left pane to expand it.
Now click on the Application entry - wait while it loads.
Click on 'File' in the menu bar and select Save...
Save the file as Appevt.evtx
Repeat for the System log
then zip both, and upload them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/330263-windows-update-3-failing-install-after-reboot-error-8007054f.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I recently put together my first custom build and I am running into a very frustrating issue with the quot Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework on Windows and Windows Server R SP for x -based Systems KB quot Error Code B Normally I'm the kind of person that likes to figure things like this out on my own using Google and reading over old posts in forums like this however I have exhausted my resources as well as my patience Here is what I've tried in no specific order Reformat SSD reinstall Windows installing updates immediately after Ran sfc scannow it didn't find anything wrong Ran MS Fixit tried installing update with no luck KB2937610 Error Failing Windows Update Code with 800B0100 restarted tried agian Windows Update Failing KB2937610 with Error Code 800B0100 did this twice Ran Windows Update Readiness Tool tried installing update with no luck restarted tried again twice Went to control panel gt Programs and Features gt Repaired NET framework didn't help Uninstalled Net Framework and let windows update reinstall it didn't help Used the Microsoft NET repair tool didn't help Used d tech tool I work at a pc repair shop to repair Windows Update Did a clean boot using msconfig method CHKDSK found no problems I even manually downloaded the update from MS and ran the installer It ended with quot Windows Update Failing KB2937610 with Error Code 800B0100 Some updates were not installed quot and Windows Update Failing KB2937610 with Error Code 800B0100 listed the update as not installed Windows is installed on the Samsung EVO SSD I'm hoping my hardware shows up in my signature or something otherwise I'll edit reply with a full list Since the list is so short here is a list of my installed programs Intel Network Connections x x x Intel Graphics Driver Intel USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Java Update marvell xx driver Microsoft NET Framework Realtek High Definition Audio Driver The CBS log file was too big to attach mb so I uploaded it to my web server and you can access the zip file here http www hujigy com log CBS zip Also I don't know if it is worth noting or not but every time I shut down it attempts to install the update and fails before shutting down To anyone willing to help THANK YOU You have no idea or maybe you do if so I feel your pain how crazy this problem is driving me I just want to play with my new toy

A:Windows Update Failing KB2937610 with Error Code 800B0100

Shouldn't be too difficult
Here's the errors from CheckSUR...

Code:
servicing\packages\Package_10_for_KB2937610~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.3.mum
servicing\packages\Package_10_for_KB2937610~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.3.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2937610~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.3.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2937610~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.3.mum
servicing\packages\Package_2_for_KB2937610~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.3.mum
servicing\packages\Package_2_for_KB2937610~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.3.mum
servicing\packages\Package_3_for_KB2937610~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.3.mum
servicing\packages\Package_3_for_KB2937610~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.3.mum
servicing\packages\Package_4_for_KB2937610~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.3.mum
servicing\packages\Package_4_for_KB2937610~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.3.mum
servicing\packages\Package_56_for_KB2937610~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.3.mum
servicing\packages\Package_56_for_KB2937610~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.3.mum
servicing\packages\Package_5_for_KB2937610~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.3.mum
servicing\packages\Package_5_for_KB2937610~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.3.mum
servicing\packages\Package_9_for_KB2937610~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.3.mum
servicing\packages\Package_9_for_KB2937610~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.3.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2937610_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.3.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2937610_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.3.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2937610~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.3.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2937610~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.3.mum
I'll post a fix protocol soon.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/354445-windows-update-failing-kb2937610-error-code-800b0100.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Windows Professional x SP GB RAM Intel Core i GB free space on SSD Office Samsung Galaxy Note KIES Hi My Windows x PC has been working codes: failing 800736B3, Windows Error Update 80070246 with 8007371B, fine until recently The trouble started with attempting to use my Samsung Galaxy Note and sync using Samsung's Windows Update failing with Error codes: 8007371B, 800736B3, 80070246 KIES using a USB connection It was a bit glitchy but I finally got the thing to sync But today it didnt want to know Windows Update failing with Error codes: 8007371B, 800736B3, 80070246 and kept saying that my phone had quot No SIM card installed quot which is not true as the phone was picking up a mobile phone signal fine In Task Manager I discovered a thing called TrustedInstaller exe which is persistently taking up to of my processor I looked online and discovered that it was the correct size and that it was something to do with Windows Updates So ran Windows Update and discovered that it wanted to install about patches This is odd because I run Windows Update every or weeks Error code B Error code B But when I ran Windows Update two things failed So I executed a Restore Point to days ago and I ran Window Update again Same problem except that now there are THREE error codes Error code B Error code B Error code So this time I followed the windows error code links and although there was nothing describing my error codes I ran Microsoft FixIt and did Windows Update again Still the same problem So then I download ms System Update Readiness Tool for Win x - KB CLUE When I try to do the Windows Update it doest seem to even download anything and gets stuck at quot Downloading updates KB total complete quot I'm thinking that something is must be wrong if it thinks it needs to download quot KB quot - Any thoughts J

A:Windows Update failing with Error codes: 8007371B, 800736B3, 80070246

Please post the CheckSUR.log and CheckSUR.persist.log files as attachements to your reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/258141-windows-update-failing-error-codes-8007371b-800736b3-80070246-a.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi,

Windows 7 is frustrating me at this time - just can't get this update to work;

KB980180

I can't seem to find any work around.

Has anyone else been experienceing problems or know how i can get this to work?

Any help greatly appreciated.

mike9inch

A:Critical windows 7 auto-update failing - KB980180 - error 800B0100

Are you sure about that KB as all I can find are "Torrent" related issues!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/critical-windows-7-auto-update-failing-kb980180-error-800b0100.916644/
Relevancy 67.51%

I have tried for many months to fix this issue of installing SP1 for Windows 7 64 Bit version and I have continued to have issues. I found this forum and I need help on fixing it.

I get this error:
Window Update failing error code 800736B3

Attaching documents.

Thank you for any help you can provide
Greg

A:Windows 7 not updating to SP1 Window Update failing error code 800736B

Hello and welcome Greg now I am assuming you have 7 onboard and have been using it - or is it a new install and you are trying to get SP1 installed?.

If it is the latter then it is easily fixed using this tutorial
Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7
If you have data on the install then if it isn't too much just back it up and do the tutorial.

Just one thing make sure you only pick the version you have an activation code for as trying to get a higher version installed will end in grief.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/341974-windows-7-not-updating-sp1-window-update-failing-error-code-800736b.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Ever since it came out, my computer has been unable to install SP1. It has never really been an issue before, but I now have a program that won't install because it requires SP1.

The error message I am getting is 0x800f0900

I have run the System Update Readiness Tool (Windows6.1-KB947821-v31-x86.msu)

I have also run sfc /scannow
It reports that "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them."

I have attached the log files as instructed.

Please help! Thank you.

A:Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit SP1 Update is failing, error 0x800f0900

CheckSUR shows a number of errors - we'll start with the easy ones...

Code:
winsxs\manifests\x86_8a117fec14724314ae8f4445f65cb8f2_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.17013_none_62d15788865bc68e.manifest
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2685811~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.11.mum
servicing\packages\Package_76_for_KB2685811~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.11.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2685811~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.11.cat
servicing\packages\Package_76_for_KB2685811~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.11.cat
I'll post a fix protocol for these later.

What's more worrying is the number of errors in the SFC log...

Code:
Line 95155: 2014-01-28 20:55:39, Info CSI 000004ef [SR] Repairing 30 (0x0000001e) components
Line 95156: 2014-01-28 20:55:39, Info CSI 000004f0 [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
Line 95161: 2014-01-28 20:55:39, Info CSI 000004f3 [SR] Cannot verify component files for 8a117fec14724314ae8f4445f65cb8f2, Version = 6.1.7600.17013, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral, manifest is damaged (TRUE)
Line 95164: 2014-01-28 20:55:39, Info CSI 000004f5 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:24{12}]"autoconv.exe" of Microsoft-Windows-Convert, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 95167: 2014-01-28 20:55:39, Info CSI 000004f7 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"WUDFRd.sys" of Microsoft-Windows-DriverFrameworks-UserMode, Version = 6.1.7600.17013, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 95170: 2014-01-28 20:55:39, Info CSI 000004f9 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"ehtray.exe" of Microsoft-Windows-ehome-ehtray, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 95173: 2014-01-28 20:55:39, Info CSI 000004fb [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:32{16}]"ie4uinit.exe.mui" of Microsoft-Windows-IE-Setup-Support.Resources, Version = 9.4.8112.16421, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture = [l:10{5}]"en-US", VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 95176: 2014-01-28 20:55:39, Info CSI 000004fd [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"mblctr.exe" of Microsoft-Windows-MobilePC-MobilityCenter, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 95179: 2014-01-28 20:55:39, Info CSI 000004ff [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:32{16}]"unregmp2.exe.mui" of Microsoft-Windows-MediaPlayer-Setup.Resources, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture = [l:10{5}]"en-US", VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 95182: 2014-01-28 20:55:39, Info CSI 00000501 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:24{12}]"msnetobj.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-MediaPlayer-DRM, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/320104-windows-7-home-premium-32bit-sp1-update-failing-error-0x800f0900.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I got this windows IE9 update 36.7 mb, but no matter what I do the update fails after restore point is created. It seems I got the same problem as here: Update fails with error code 9C48. - Microsoft Answers but it keeps failing. I tried disabling my Avast AV but no luck. Any ideas how to fix this?

A:IE9 W7 64-bit update keeps failing (error 9C48)

Hello mystvearn

Sorry you seem to have been missed. Have you checked the Prerequisites before installing IE9 - Prerequisites for installing Internet Explorer 9 and also here - Troubleshoot problems when you cannot install Internet Explorer 9.
Also run the system file checker just incase there are any system errors - SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker.

It may also be worth trying the offline installer from here - Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - Windows Internet Explorer 9 for Windows 7 64-bit Edition and Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit Edition

Regards Danny

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/184627-ie9-w7-64-bit-update-keeps-failing-error-9c48.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi and thank you in advance for your help I work for a school and am having an issue with IE on many machines I just imaged IE will not go to internal intranet links 9c48 x64 update failing 11 Error IE and is many times not loading or slowly loading pages I read in another forum to uninstall the IE update I did this on one computer rebooted then tried to manually install IE However that didn't work So I let it do IE 11 x64 update failing Error 9c48 updates It pulled down IE IE and IE in windows updater I performed the updates times each time with one failing until I am at the final update which is IE and it fails I performed a registry fix using CCleaner but no dice I have seen on some other threads here that after running the CheckSUR tool there has been a fix given I was wondering if this is something I need to do for every machine about or if there is a way I can fix it myself Thanks for any help Machine Specs HP Compaq DC CMT Win pro x gb RAM gb Seagate HD NVIDIA GeForce Graphics Card Intel Core Duo Microsoft Forefront Endpoint

A:IE 11 x64 update failing Error 9c48

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/343984-ie-11-x64-update-failing-error-9c48.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi All,

I have a users laptop that is failing to install SP1 with the above error code (80070002). WU is installing other updates so it appears to be a problem with SP1 rather than WU. Installing while logged in gives me the error code but if you hit shutdown then it just sits on the Configuring screen and the user has had to hard power off the laptop after a few hours.

I have a CBS log from running SFC /SCANNOW. https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...DYyd7tNJ8wHEqY

WU log from last week, I spent Friday (30th) working on it and then the log continues to date. https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...GPFbvJJZepjwak

Any help would be amazing! Unfortunatly this is a managers laptop so if I can avoid doing a rebuild that would be great.

Thanks!

Jay

A:SP1 Update Failing, Error 80070002

There's no SFC data in the CBS.log file
Please follow the instructions in http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/264840-windows-update-posting-instructions.html and post the requested data

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/267451-sp1-update-failing-error-80070002-a.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Everytime I keep using Windows Update/Microsoft Update, Update for Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter (KB932330) always fails. I restarted my computer and tried to update my computer, but that didn't work and I can't find anything in Microsoft's Website that talks about this problem... PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks to anyone who replys

A:Windows Update "update For Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter (kb932330)" Keep Failing

I am having the same problem...what is the way to fix it?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/88439/windows-update-update-for-outlook-2003-junk-email-filter-kb932330-keep-failing/
Relevancy 60.63%

Logs attached. Attempting to update Windows results in attempt to update Windows Update Installer, which fails with Code 80073712. Logs attached.

sfc /scannow reported no problems found.

Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium x64

Thanks in advance!

- Tim

A:Windows Update Installer Update failing - Code 80073712

CheckSUR shows the following...

Code:
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-w..lient-aux.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_7.6.7600.320_en-us_d5981a6600d138cc.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-w..owsupdateclient-aux_31bf3856ad364e35_7.6.7600.320_none_bc07877c65502903.manifest

I'll post a fix protocol soon.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/347061-windows-update-installer-update-failing-code-80073712-a.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Good afternoon From what I've seen in a Whole Lot of Googling this forum seems to have the most targeted successful support for the kind of issue I'm seeing I've been running Win Home Premium for a few years and every single Windows Update has run successfully with a snag now and then except SP which repeatedly Update failing, error 0x80073712 SP1 returns error x every time I've disabled SpyBot S amp D and AVG Free but MS Security Essentials is still running I ran SURT Windows -KB -v -x which completed And I discovered I've been attempting to resolve the issue with SURT since September v Ran SFC scan as Admin Beginning verification phase of system scan Verification complete Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations Collected CBS zip from C Windows Logs Attempted update again New error code Followed WinHelp to stop Windows Update service deleted temporary update files restarted update service checked again for updates Attempted update again Found critical SP and optional Didn't note what they were Cancelled install during Win Live Essentials update Restarted SP -only update returned Re-collected CBS zip from C Windows Logs I tried to attach CBS SP1 Update repeatedly failing, error 0x80073712 zip but at MB it's well over the MB limit Any particular logs you could use instead Thanks

A:SP1 Update repeatedly failing, error 0x80073712

Ran Windows6.1-KB947821-v34-x64 again, attempted SP1 update again, failed with 80073712 again.

Ran WindowsUpdateDiagnostic again, which reported "Windows Update error 0x80073712(2015-07-21-T-12_43_39A) Not Fixed"

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/377086-sp1-update-repeatedly-failing-error-0x80073712.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi.
I have a problem with Windows Update. It continues to fail with error code 800736B3. I have tried the update troubleshooter for Windows, I have ran scannow, I also have installed the update readiness tool and hotfix.
Still the updates fail.
I would greatly appreciate any help with this.

A:Window Update failing error code 800736B3

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/359540-window-update-failing-error-code-800736b3.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,
I am getting a 'Windows Update encountered an unknown error" with the error code 80073712 when trying to install KB3014406. It is the only update which is failing to install.

Unfortunately, the CBS.zip file is 32,8MB. Since you require the whole folder, I have uploaded it to my Dropbox at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9xzja4jsqximzzk/CBS.zip?dl=1

C:\Windows\windowsupdate.log file is attached below.

A:KB3014406 update failing with error code 80073712

CheckSUR found the following problems...

Code:
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-tdi-over-tcpip_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22865_none_48b848380bfa8bbd.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-tdi-over-tcpip_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18658_none_483c7a50f2d21ee0.manifest
servicing\packages\Microsoft-Windows-IE-Hyphenation-Parent-Package-English~31bf3856ad364e35~~~11.2.9412.0.mum
servicing\packages\Microsoft-Windows-IE-Spelling-Parent-Package-English~31bf3856ad364e35~~~11.2.9412.0.mum
servicing\packages\Microsoft-Windows-IE-Hyphenation-Parent-Package-English~31bf3856ad364e35~~~11.2.9412.0.cat
servicing\packages\Microsoft-Windows-IE-Spelling-Parent-Package-English~31bf3856ad364e35~~~11.2.9412.0.cat
The .mum and .cat files aren't actually wrong, usually - it's just a logic error, and has no effect.
I'll post a fix protocol for the manifest files when I can clear the backlog (probably tomorrow)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/366013-kb3014406-update-failing-error-code-80073712-a.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi.
I have a problem with Windows Update. It continues to fail with error code 800736B3. I have tried the update troubleshooter for Windows, I have ran scannow, I also have installed the update readiness tool and hotfix.
Still the updates fail.
I would greatly appreciate any help with this.
I have included the CBS flolder contents.
Thank you in advance for any insight!!!!!
Attachment 310809

Attachment 310811

Attachment 310812

Attachment 310813

Attachment 310814

Attachment 310815

Attachment 310819

Attachment 310820

Attachment 310821

CheckSUR shows this...

Code:
winsxs\manifests\msil_mscorlib.resources_b77a5c561934e089_6.1.7601.17648_en-us_6687c1de75c8e03a.manifest
winsxs\manifests\msil_mscorlib.resources_b77a5c561934e089_6.1.7601.21768_en-us_4fbc1bb28f6e72ee.manifest
I'll post a fix for it later - I have to get to work now

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/325648-window-update-failing-error-code-800736b3.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I've been trying to solve this for a few months now but I haven't gotten anywhere. I've followed all the instructions here and they still continue to fail.

Windows Update Posting Instructions
I would really appreciate any insight as to what you think may be causing the issue, reformatting would really set me back since this computer has some industry specific CAD programs that are a pain to setup.

thanks again,Mark

For some reason I cant post an attachment &quot;attach button doesn't respond, in fact none of them do&quot;, I'll add a reply to the thread to see if I can then.

Update: Sorry about the missing attachments, I moved them out of the folder and forgot to attach, there are a couple of older CBS Persist files if you need them.

thanks

Mark

The error code 9C59 appeared when I tried to add Internet Explorer 11 to the update, prior to that it wasn't there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/360726-window-update-failing-error-code-800736b3.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have had numerous updates fail and I have no idea why, i've done a few methods such as using FixIt, sfc /scannow and checksur and nothing has worked so far, i'm running windows 7 64 bit,

thanks in advance!

A:Updates failed error code 80070308

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/367407-updates-failed-error-code-80070308-a.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I am unable to install Security update for windows 7 for x64 based system KB3006226. It keeps giving me an error code 80073712. I have tried every suggestion on the Microsoft website and the problem still continues. I have been working on this for a month now. The programs I have used can not find the issue. I am unable to attach my logs to this post. This is the first time I have used this.

A:Security update KB3006226 keeps failing Error code 80073712

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/356124-security-update-kb3006226-keeps-failing-error-code-80073712-a.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Every time I try to update W 8 I get the error message saying the updates failed and the purple screen that says it is "reverting update". I thought it might be multiple updtaes at once cusing the problem so I tried individual updates at a time. Also disabled AV. Ran update repair. Nothing works.
This after I tried the W8 to 8.1 upgrade and it failed. So I thought I would need to make sure updates were complete. Thus the issue with updates. Ultimately I will try and install the 8.1 os after all this. Any suggestions.
Thanks folks!

A:Cannot update Windows 8. Keeps failing and "reverting update"

https://www.winhelp.us/reinstall-windows-update.html

Be sure you have a RESTORE POINT SET.

Then read.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/552140/cannot-update-windows-8-keeps-failing-and-reverting-update/
Relevancy 58.91%

Good Afternoon,

I am also having problems installing updates with the error code 80070308.

I have spent this afternoon reading the other posts and following the Windows Update Posting Instructions thread so hopefully I've gathered has much info as I can.

I downloaded and ran the System Update Readiness Tool. Once the installation was complete I tried to reinstall the updates. This resulted in the successful installation of: Hotfix for Windows (KB947821) but the failed installation of the other 9 updates as before.

Attachment 325390

And I received the following error code.

Attachment 325391

I then carried out the sfc/scannow which all came back OK.

Attachment 325392

I have saved the logs as a zip file but its too big for me to upload (12.5MB)? Any suggestions?

I hope I have not missed anything out. But please bear with me if I have.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Kerry

A:Failed to install updates: Error Code 80070308

This is becoming a common problem with the latest batch of updates - MS are looking into it (we are led to understand)
I'll add this thread to the action-list for our contact.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/337797-failed-install-updates-error-code-80070308-a.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi,

Since 10/07/2014 I am having serious problems with 9 updates in Windows Update.
I just took a look at some other topics in this forum section and it seems I am not the only one having these problems.

I've already tried several things i've found on the internet, but nothing really nothing worked out for me.
I've tried the hotfix, didn't work out; i've tried multiple CMD commands, didn't work out; i've tried to rename the catroot2 folder, didn't work out either...

Is this problem common? Because most of the updates are important; so i'd like them to be installed and they keep on failing every day since then.

If I need to post or upload something, please tell me, because i'm not a computer expert ;-)

Thanks in advantage,
Blizzard9041

A:Failed to install 9 updates: Error Code 80070308

post the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/338122-failed-install-9-updates-error-code-80070308-a.html
Relevancy 58.91%

KB 2518869, KB2572077, KB2633873, KB2656356 repeatedly fail to install with errors 800B0100 and 80070308.

These four security patches have repeatedly failed to install since 23 March.
Win 7 SP1 was installed on 21 March 2012

I have run the Microsoft FixIt and the System Update Readiness Tool (KB947821) but no change.

Looking for any guidance on how to install these four updates.

Some background info...

Running Win7 Prof 64 bit SP1
The PC is 2+ years old (probably mid 2010)
Win7 was installed from scratch on the PC as new
IE9 was installed on 9 Feb 2012
Chrome and Firefox are both installed
MSE is installed

No other security/anti-virus tools have ever been installed

No registry cleaners have ever been used.

A:.NET updates fail to install with error 800B0100 and 80070308

Have you tried to install them manually instead of through Windows Update?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/222862-net-updates-fail-install-error-800b0100-80070308-a.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Just did a reinstall of my OS. All but 6 updates succeded. Windows 7 SP1

Failed:
error code: 80070308
KB2965788
KB2923545
KB2984981
KB3025390
error code: 80242016
KB2952664
KB2598845
Tried the windows tool to fix windows updates but didn't work.

edit: typo

A:5 Updates failed to install. Error codes 80070308 & 80242016

Hi greymatters It's normal for certain Windows Updates to fail when you install all of them at the same time. Did you try to install them individually or at least bit by bit and not all of them together?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/560745/5-updates-failed-to-install-error-codes-80070308-80242016/
Relevancy 58.05%

Last week after some Windows updates my system would no longer start up properly Upon startup the desktop would load and all would look fine but in fact the system was frozen and would not respond to any action even ctrl-alt-del I was able to restore to a point before the update and everything worked fine and general startup Patch and 80070308 nightmares Kb2965788 error each day when I started up I would have to restore once more to that point or the system would simply hang on startup Patch Kb2965788 error 80070308 and general startup nightmares Figuring the only sure fire way to fix the problem would be a restore to factory settings I did so and now am faced with the exact same problem I have managed to install updates and some crucial software I need for work along with Norton for security But I am again forced each time I restart Windows to reload a working restore point The weird thing is the reinstall of my software went fine UNTIL I reinstall Norton Security w BU Then the system locking up on restart begins all over again forcing me to restore to just after the Norton install every day I did notice an error in windows update the following patch Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB failed to install and is no longer even listed in available patches like Update just gave up on it the fail listing has the error Code on it if that helps I am stumped on this one Any help other than try to factory reinstall again and hope for the best would be greatly appreciated I have posted to the Microsoft forums the Dell forums and the Norton forums gotten some advice about trying Update fixers from Microsoft and tweaking settings on Norton Security but so far no luck

A:Patch Kb2965788 error 80070308 and general startup nightmares

Installer Unlocker, then install the everything search engine. Watch out for the installer when you install unlocker, it is loaded with crapware. The program itself is solid. Open the everything search engine and copy and paste KB2965788 into the everything search engine, click edit -- select all -- Right click highlighted items. Then select unlocker. Delete all the highlighted items.

Next unisntall Norton from the add remove programs list, then run the Norton removal tool. Reboot your machine.  See if you are able to use windows normally now. You can re-install Norton at a later time, I not suggesting you replace Norton, just as a test remove it so we can see if that is the root of the issue.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/600150/patch-kb2965788-error-80070308-and-general-startup-nightmares/
Relevancy 57.19%

With the help of a BleepingComputer analyst I fixed a virus issue on my wife's laptop about a year ago. However I have recently discovered that Windows updates haven't worked since those fixes were made.  Can somebody help?

Andy

A:Windows 7 update failing

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Download the version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM unless specified.To attach a file select the "More Reply Option" and follow the instructions.Wait for further instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/561506/windows-7-update-failing/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello

for about 2 weeks I've had this problem this problem,

OK I have a printer on my network (Canon MP190) and in Windows Update the update for it is there and I tried to Install it it always fails but I can install any other update without a problem.

Help?

A:Windows Update keeps Failing

Hello Philip, and welcome to Eight Forums.

You might see if downloading and installing the Windows 8 version of your printer driver directly from Canon at the link below may work better for you.

Canon U.S.A. : Support & Drivers : PIXMA MP190

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/13174-windows-update-keeps-failing.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I often get told by my computer to install the 'Office XP Service Pack ' update Keeps Update Windows A Failing which it says is very important Every time I do it it fails It tries to install the update but soon a mini-page appears saying quot The Feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available Instert the 'Microsft Office XP Proffessional with FrontPage' disk and click OK quot I don't know what Microsoft XP Proffessional with FrontPage is so I'm pretty sure I don't have the disk either When I press cancel on the mini-page since I don't have this CD-ROM or removable disk A Windows Update Keeps Failing on the main update page it says 'Failed update' So I was wondering Is this update indeed important If so what do I need to do in order to make it succeed rather than fail And if it's not important how can I A Windows Update Keeps Failing make Windows stop asking me to do it Thank you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/a-windows-update-keeps-failing-679127.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I'm getting "Fail to Update" in when I run Windows 7 update. Have run MS Malware tool, Spybot and Malwarebytes and getting nothing. Error Code 80200011. Can anyone help?

A:Windows Update Failing

Run the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool This may fix your issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-failing.1094381/
Relevancy 57.19%

Ad-Aware, Norton, and AVG 7.0 all come up clean.....

But whenever anything tries to update (esp WIndows Update) It wont. In most cases, it just stops transfering data and sits there.... On windows update it says something like: Windows update Failed. To retry, blah blah.

here is my hijack this log file.... Hope someone has some pointers for me...

Relevancy 57.19%

Hi, 
I'm having a big headache with windows update - whenever I try to update I get this message after restarting "Error: Failure configuring Windows updates. Reverting changes."

I have tried everything that Microsoft support tell me like turning off my own firewall - using windows firewall instead, using the Microsoft fix it tool, restarting the computer and trying again from scratch but nothing helps. I did not even got a recovery CD with this new computer so I cannot just reformat either.

Your thoughts are appreciated, thanks.

A:Windows update keeps failing

you mentioned that you did not get a recovery cd with your new computer, however it may have a recovery partition (and recovery media creation software).

What is brand and model of your computer?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494830/windows-update-keeps-failing/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have been repeatedly prompted by the Windows update manager that a update is available. When I click on install it looks as though it is going to work but then receive the follow message: The following updates were not installed - Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86.

I went to the Microsoft online support but only found topics from 2005.

Is it an issue this is not installing? Is there a way to get this install?

Thanks

A:Windows update failing

That should only be one update, available for download Here.The 3.5, SP1 update includes updates for versions 2.0 thru 3.0. After the update is installed, Add/Remove Programs will reflect Version 2.0, 3.0, and 3.5 as removeable items.Download it to desktop and install it manually. Afterwards there will be critical updates to it which can be obtained via WUS.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/325483/windows-update-failing/
Relevancy 57.19%

When I try to start windows update it runs for a few seconds and then a box pops up with the following.

Restart your computer to install important updates.
Windows can’t update important files and services while the system is using them. Save any open files and restart you computer and then try to check for new updates.

I have restarted my computer many times but the same pop up comes up when I try to download updates.

I have downloaded and run the following Microsoft troubleshooting files to no avail.

MicrosoftFixit50123 and WindowsUpdateDiagnostic

Any thoughts on a way forward please?

No guarantee on this, but I'd try a shut down (instead of restart). Has worked for me, but I have no idea why.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-failing.1139083/
Relevancy 57.19%

Well, on my laptop it's failing. On reboot it's trying to uninstall but taking a really long time. Hope it comes back. Anyone else having it just not even installing at all? The rollback took nearly 45 minutes.

A:Windows 8.1 update failing

Not had any problems here, I've just done it, well the usual updates first, all 8 of them 2 of which were for Office 2007. Then the big one done on its own.
All downloaded and installed without problems and looking at the Update History they all succeeded.

Do you have any other problems with this machine, have you been able to install updates before ?

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/44095-windows-8-1-update-failing.html
Relevancy 57.19%

hi all

trying to update my laptop.

windows update keeps failing , i even try to do it manually but keeps saying "windows cannot check for update because the service isnt running you may need to restart ur computor."

ive tried restarting but nothing happens.

hope u can help.

matty

A:windows update failing

Matty
Give this a try. Go to search by the start button. Type services. Look for windows update and make sure that it is on

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/322807-windows-update-failing.html
Relevancy 57.19%

The windows 10 update has failed numerous times on the laptop (running Windows 7) with an error message
"WindowsUpdate_80240020" "WindowsUpdate_dt000". Can someone tell me what to do?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e8b05d55-5a15-43b1-bcac-1c7811df4a2b/windows-10-failing-to-update?forum=MTCWinPhone
Relevancy 57.19%

I have been trying to update my wifes computer via the Microsoft Update Site It has always updated successfully in the past However it now always fails and the list of security Windows Failing Update updates is growing I have listed the current updates that are selected after the system scan that fail each time I try Windows Update Failing I even tried turning off my internet security to no avail Her system is a Dell Inspiron m running XP Pro Any ideas or help would be Windows Update Failing greatly appreciated List of updates that fail Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Update for Windows XP KB Windows Update Failing Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Outlook Express for Windows XP KB nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

nbsp nbsp Quote Originally Posted by niemiro OK so half an hour when to pot and turned into hours Anyway the failing Update Windows overall reason is that Windows Update failing a single file name can have multiple contents and not all computers have every file Well the correct way is to extract a replacement file from the actual install which makes sense Right there are two tutorials for System Update Readiness Tool logfiles both of which are long and both of which only brush the surface If you are truly dedicated read this System Update Readiness Tool - CheckSur log File Analyzis It is not an easy read The author's first language is not English and it can be hard to follow at times However it also teaches the basic fundamental techniques These are not longer used Nowadays we have automated tools written by me to automate almost all scenarios and tutorials for their use usually reserved for apprentices in this field of study If you are interested send me a Private Message and tell me which bits you are interested in You are more than welcome to and I am the author so I have the keys and rights Right let's do things the semi-manual way Look again at your log Take an example line quot Package for KB bf ad e amd cat quot Find which Knowledge Base KB article it belongs to in this case KB Check that there are no other KBs in the log For you there are not If there are repeat the below for each one Visit support microsoft com kb number in this case support microsoft com kb TIP In actual fact it is faster to Google KB Select the download link for IT Professionals none of the others will bring you to the correct page Find the correct download link Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer in Windows x Edition KB Understand now why I asked if you had IE or IE Download it The above tutorial will show you how to extract it However that is really slow If you want to be an efficient pro follow this tutorial instead Windows Update - Extract an Update Now use your extracted files to produce your fix It will take ages But look I have a tool to automate the whole thing Attachment Attachment Now that does save me a lot of time It will analyse the log file extract the update create the fix and zip it up for me I really no longer do any work at all If you want a copy please drop me a PM And that goes for anybody reading this Very soon there will be a version of that tool which inexperienced users can use It features a nice wizard analyses the log file downloads the required files from Microsoft servers creates the fix and fixes the machine all in a simple to use Next- gt Next- gt Finish format Now that is cool About month away Perfectly in time for any trends in Windows update failures I shall be hot off the mark for Windows There are so many more programs of mine tricks and so much more to learn If you are interested ask or PM me Anyway onto the fix which you hopefully understand a little better now WARNING This fix was created specifically for this user If you are not this user do not follow these instructions Crowface Ignore the above Download the attached zip file Inside it will be two folders Packages and Manifests Create these folders if they do not already exist C Windows Temp CheckSur Servicing Packages and C Windows Temp CheckSur winsxs Manifests Extract Packs zip onto your Desktop Please place the contents of my Desktop Packages in C Windows Temp CheckSur Servicing Packages and my Desktop Manifests in C Windows Temp CheckSur winsxs Manifests DO NOT place the zip file in that folder or the folders themselves Make sure that a lot of files are in each of those Checksur folder NOTE For you there are no manifests Just move on Re-run the System Update Readiness Tool and get me another copy of C Windows Logs CBS CheckSUR log Also please retest Windows Updates with fingers slightly crossed no matter how much we both know that that won't help lol Thanks a lot Richard AHHHH finally someone or ... Read more

A:Windows Update failing

Quote: Originally Posted by cliddell93

AHHHH finally, someone or something that can help, niemiro, or Richard, i am having the same issue with my pc and am wondering if you could create a .zip fix for me to. I'm only new to the forum and don't even know how to send a pm, so maybe you pm me first or send me your email address. I'll paste my checksur log here for you anyway. Thank you in advance for your help, Cris
ps, the user friendly version of your program, when will that be publicly available? Or even the current version, if it ever will be made available?
=================================
Checking System Update Readiness.
Binary Version 6.1.7601.21645
Package Version 13.0
2011-10-04 20:22

Checking Windows Servicing Packages

Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs
(f) CBS MUM Corrupt 0x800F0900 servicing\Packages\Package_1_for_KB2562937~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.0.mum Line 1: ??f}?U$?~?\?l~=?*?rtIqič?kOr??,???0? *?H??
 1?
0?
(f) CBS MUM Corrupt 0x800F0900 servicing\Packages\Package_for_KB2562937_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.0.mum Line 1: 0?"C *?H??
*?"40?"01 0 +
(f) CBS MUM Corrupt 0x800F0900 servicing\Packages\Package_for_KB2562937~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.0.mum Line 1: 510

Checking Package Watchlist

Checking Component Watchlist

Checking Packages

Checking Component Store

Summary:
Seconds executed: 320
Found 3 errors
CBS MUM Corrupt Total count: 3

servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2562937~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2562937_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2562937~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2562937~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2562937_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2562937~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.0.cat

Hello Cris, and welcome to the Seven Forums!

lol, my post came copied, spelling mistake and all!

Don't worry about PMs or emails, I think you will find that posting like this works perfectly well

"ps, the user friendly version of your program, when will that be publicly available? Or even the current version, if it ever will be made available?"

Not in time for you unfortunately! The current one - about two weeks. The user friendly one - one to two months.

However, in the mean time, we can still do things manually

WARNING! This fix was created specifically for this user! If you are not this user, do not follow these instructions!
@{USER}: Ignore the above

Download the attached .zip file. Inside it, will be two folders, Packages and Manifests.

Create these folders if they do not already exist: C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\Servicing\Packages\ and C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\winsxs\Manifests

Extract Packs.zip onto your Desktop. Please place the contents of my Desktop\Packages in C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\Servicing\Packages\ and my Desktop\Manifests in C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\winsxs\Manifests.

Note that for you there are no manifests, and so just ignore this step.

DO NOT place the .zip file in that folder, or the folders themselves. Make sure that a lot of files are in each of those Checksur folder.

Re-run the System Update Readiness Tool, and get me another copy of C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log.

Also, please retest Windows Updates (with fingers slightly crossed, no matter how much we both know that that won't help! lol.)

Thanks a lot!

Richard

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/190767-windows-update-failing.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Windows Update keeps on failing on a new XP install. The error in the log is always Cx800c0008

I've tried all the MS Windows Update trouble shooter stuff + other things I've found, including:

changing ssl settings
Verify Date and Time settings
Additional US Language settings
renaming CATROOT directory

Its been happening for several days and is really frustrating!

Could it be my ADSL router stopping the communication?
I have no Virus checker or Firewall installed, in fact I haven't installed anything at all since OS installation.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 57.19%

I have tried to fix this before and nothing has worked. Windows update keeps popping up with the same update over and over again and when I go to the site, it fails. Two of them are failing and it is driving me nuts. Please help me Obi One Kenobi, your only hope......

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3198 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 430, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 301705 MB, Free - 12189 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0RY007
Antivirus: Norton Internet Security, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Relevancy 57.19%

Hello again sorry for the trouble But today I decided to totally format my computer all over again I have formated Windows Update My kept failing... my PC with Windows Ultimate -bit Everything was going smoothly I installed my regular drivers Acronis Adobe then I connect to the net to do a Windows Update first At first it detected Important Updates and so I have started updating them but when I have done 'downloading amp installing' them it says that I have failed updates and common error code I restarted my PC and go all over again but the same things happened So I went online to Microsoft and search for the answers and use their solutions like Quote net stop wuauserv cd systemroot SoftwareDistribution ren Download Download old net start wuauserv And I have tried System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Installed that My Windows Update kept failing... and tried updating but it's the same things again Failed updates for all But completely no luck So I would like to ask what is wrong and can anyone help Sorry and thanks

A:My Windows Update kept failing...

Run this one "MS Fix it" in AGGRESSIVE MODE http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9665683

You can also disable 3p security software

If nothing help find CheckSur.log file in C:\Windows\logs\CBS folder and attache to post

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/113164-my-windows-update-kept-failing.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi,
I have a laptop running on Windows 7 Home Premium, and for 6 months now my laptop keeps trying to update the Windows 7 Service Pack 1 for x64-based systems (KB976932). This update keeps on failing, which causes my laptop to restart 3 times every time I start
my laptop after which it states "failure configuring windows updates". I have tried everything, searched all forum discussions, downloaded it manually from the microsoft site and used the Fixit tool. However, nothing works and my laptop is performing
slower every day. 
I get error code BC9 when trying to install the update. Also, I get the message of restarting my computer, which I do constantly but nothing happens after. 
I would really appreciate help!

A:Windows update keeps on failing

Hi ?
I agree with Cyber_Defend_Team.
In addition, error BC9 means "The request operation failed. A system reboot is required to roll back changes made."

Regarding this kind of update issue, I suggest you try the following suggestions and let me know the result.
1. Disable antivirus software 
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Disable-antivirus-software
Please Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable
it as soon as you're done.
2. Open the Windows Update troubleshooter
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Open-the-Windows-Update-troubleshooter
3. Reset Windows Update components
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058
4. Run System Update Readiness Tool and collect the %SYSTEMROOT%\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821
5.  Diagnose and repair the corrupted files listed on checksur.log.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee619779(WS.10).aspx
6. Try to perform a clean boot and then try to install Windows 7 service pack 1 and check if it

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us
Regards,
Blair DengBlair Deng
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5395c56f-557a-4285-814d-06628f615634/windows-update-keeps-on-failing?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 57.19%

I try to do a windows update and it downloads perfectly but when it tries to install it keeps failing. I get the error code 80070643, i tried to follow the link to get help and tried to google it but cant understand how to fix it?.?

try this solution from Microsoft.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/119069-windows-update-failing.html
Relevancy 57.19%

All my Windows machines are not able to update from my WSUS server nbsp Windows machines are fine nbsp After a reboot this is the log I get nbsp nbsp nbsp AU nbsp User login event timer expired for session id - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp AU nbsp - - nbsp nbsp Failing Windows Update nbsp nbsp AU nbsp START nbsp AU Install updates - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp AU nbsp - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp AU nbsp Windows Update Failing nbsp Initiating scheduled install - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp AU nbsp WARNING There are no approved updates to install - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp AU nbsp nbsp Exit code x C - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp AU nbsp - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp AU nbsp nbsp END nbsp nbsp AU Install updates - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp AU nbsp - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp IdleTmr nbsp Incremented idle timer priority operation counter to - - nbsp nbsp nbsp c nbsp AU nbsp Triggering AU detection through DetectNow API - - nbsp nbsp nbsp c nbsp AU nbsp Piggybacking on an AU detection already in progress Windows update just sits there for over a week doing nothing nbsp Anyone got any ideas nbsp I have reregistered dlls ran Windows update diag rebuilt a pc and tried Windows Update Failing it from scratch nbsp Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e43a1cb4-9966-453e-bfe5-d7bf73876b63/windows-update-failing?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 57.19%

After Microsoft security Essentials supposedly quarantining the Exploit win32/cve-2010-1885A I thought all was well. Malwarebytes then failed to load, and Windows/Microsoft Update just appears to give 1 update repeatedly. My Windows Media Player Fails to see anything in any of my libraries when I can see them using Windows Explorer. Please help. Short of doing a restore to system default I decided to run Combofix. See the log, any help gratefully received.
 combofixlog.txt   30.7KB
  4 downloads

A:Windows 7 Failing to Update

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.===Please DownloadTDSSKiller.zip>>> Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application.Click on the Start Scan button and wait for the scan and disinfection process to be over.If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue
If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue
If you are asked to reboot the computer to complete the process, click on the Reboot Now button. A report will be automatically saved at the root of the System drive ((usually C:\) in the form of "TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt" (for example, C:\TDSSKiller.2.2.0_20.12.2009_15.31.43_log.txt). Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.If no reboot is required, click on Report. A log file will appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.Download http://public.avast.com/~gmerek/aswMBR.exe (aswMBR.exe) to your desktop. Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it Click the "Scan" button to start scan. Upon completion of the scan, click Save log, and save it to your desktop. (Note - do not select any Fix at this time) <- IMPORTANTPlease post the contents of that log in your next reply.There shall also be a file on your desktop named MBR.dat. Right click that file and select Send To>Compressed (zipped) folder. Please attach that zipped file in your next reply.===Please post the logs for my review.Please post the logs for my review.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/447946/windows-7-failing-to-update/
Relevancy 57.19%

Error code: (0x8024402f)
I have tried media creation tools and windows update tools, troubleshooting etc, but still fail.
Anyone can tell me how to solve it?

A:windows 10 update keep failing

I'd suggest you search the web for a solution for your specific problem,
on your specific device,
in your specific OS version,
most recent posts.
There is NO one size fits all. ... or join this forum, to exchange messages.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438928-windows-10-update-keep-failing.html
Relevancy 57.19%

OK, I've got a little problem here...

A week or two ago, I had to install an overdose of updates. In fact, about 164 in one day. And, since Saturday, for the past four days, my computer kept telling me to install the one update. In those four days, I've been constantly shutting down the computer just to install that one update. It's like I never shut down, ever. Now it says "Most recent check for updates: Today at 9:49AM, updates were installed: 2:54PM (Failed)." And, it's been doing this for the past four days. I've shut down my computer about four times today, and I don't want to do it again.

Has this happened to anyone else? How can I fix it?
Attachment 217380

A:Why does Windows Update keep failing, and can I fix it?

Hi Shadowboy1795,

I am Prabhat and i work for Dell Social Media and Community Team, as i understand the issue, you are not able to install windows updates.
Firstly, go to SERVICES, go to start > control panel > services or you can go to Start > Run > then type services.msc.
Once you have the Services windows open, under all there services listed, please check if the windows installer service is running or not.
If possible attach a screenshot of the services windows with the windows installer status.

Regards,
Prabhat Pillai
| Certified Dell Community Professional |

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/236074-why-does-windows-update-keep-failing-can-i-fix.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Windows update is failing with error code 643(see attached screen shot)

I've installed and run the SURT screen shots and CBS log file is attached

thanks in advance for your help

Hi ColinLukies and welcome to Seven Forums.

Please try the following it should fix your problem
Error codes

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/287409-windows-update-failing.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello,

I have tried several ways to get the Windows 10 update to go through:

Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, version 1511, 10586.

However, it keeps failing.

I have deleted the stuff from the software distribution and even ran the Windows update diagnosis program.

It downloads the files Etc. but when I go back to check the updates it shows like it has to install it. I have rebooted in Safe mode too. It keeps giving me the popup message in the tray bar that the update failed.

Does anyone know how to get this installed without going through the ISO way of fixing it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-keeps-failing.1164312/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a Lenovo bit operating system x based processor which i recently upgraded to windows pro Windows update keeps failing on it after the upgrade I get the below error message whenever it tries to install windows update There were problems installing some updates but we'll try again later If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information this may help Cumulative Update for Windows KB - Error x b Definition Update for Microsoft failing update Windows 10 keep Office KB -Bit Edition - Error x Intel Corporation driver update for Intel R Q Express Chipset Family Microsoft Corporation - WDDM - Error x Lenovo - Pointing Drawing - Lenovo Optical Mouse HID - Error x Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows KB - Error x b Update for Windows KB - Error x b Update for Windows KB - Error x b After running the Windows 10 update keep failing sfc scan this is what it gives me Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C WINDOWS system gt sfc scannow Beginning system scan This process will take some time Beginning verification Windows 10 update keep failing phase of system scan Verification complete Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them Details are included in the CBS Log windir Logs CBS CBS log For example C Windows Logs CBS CBS log Note that logging is currently not supported in offline servicing scenarios C WINDOWS system gt Dism Online Cleanup-Image RestoreHealth Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version Image Version Error x f f The source files could not be found Use the quot Source quot option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature For more information on specifying a source location see Configure a Windows Repair Source The DISM log file can be found at C WINDOWS Logs DISM dism log C WINDOWS system gt Please help out Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/49943-windows-10-update-keep-failing.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I keep getting offered the above Intel update by Windows Update. I have downloaded it several times and tried to install it, but it always fails. Anyone else have the same issue? Is there a fix?

A:Windows update keeps failing to install

Post #141 here,
Latest Intel HD Graphics Driver for Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/67946-windows-update-keeps-failing-install.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have 23 important window updates, and every time I try to update my computer these fail! I have tried the fix it tool thats reccommended but that didn't work either.

It says the file or directory is corrupted or unreadable and the error code is

ERROR_FILE_CORRUPT(0x80070570)

thankyou

A:Windows 7 update continually failing

Hi,

Open a command Prompt by right clicking and select 'Run as Administrator' and then at the command prompt type: chkdsk /f /r then press the enter key.
Also run the SFC /SCANNOW command. This will check and repair if necessary any critical Windows system files.
Click on Start/All programs/Accessories then
Right click on Command Prompt option and select 'Run as administrator'.
At the command prompt enter: SFC /SCANNOW

If the issue still persists, you can refer to the URL mentioned for further troubleshooting: A Consuming Experience: Vista: Windows Update error 80070570 problem - how to fix

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/263871-windows-7-update-continually-failing.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hey guys n gals, just need a bit of help reading through my windows update log! Recently reinstalled win7 64x, because I wanted a nice new format before I go back to university ! Thing is, set up my new system, then started to download updates. Restarted my PC to install these updates and when rebooting it stuck at 0% for like 5minutes then went to the welcome screen. Bit worried about this, so I went into windows update and it seems 99% of the updates failed to install! I'm thinking that there is one stubborn update that is making the rest of them fail, so I've attached my log for you guys to have a look at!

Thanks a lot,
Tom

Relevancy 56.76%

I am struggling with my PC where it will not install updates

I am using Vista Home Premium with SP1

When installing updates it seems to be working for maybe an hour or more then the update fails.

The codes I have so far are 8007000B of which I have tried the command prompt fix listed on the micrsoft site though to no avail.

I have also seen 80073712 and 800706E, 800B0100

I have scanned with malwarebytes and it comes up as clean.

Any help would be appreciated.

Olly

A:Windows Update Failing - Various Errors

Are you saying that the updates actually install...and (somehow) fail later?

Post the exact error messages received, please.

Have you tried to manually download/install said updates?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/310973/windows-update-failing-various-errors/
Relevancy 56.76%

Greetings I Failing To Update Install Windows just bought a new computer installed all the windows updates including SP Everything was running fine- as good as a windows machine can I installed net for an Itunes Windows Update Failing To Install update utility called iTLU when I went to install a security update for Windows Update Failing To Install net it failed Read a bunch of postings regarding this particular update failing tried a bunch of things - repairing net nothing worked I un-installed net to be safe I tried to install another minor updates and they all failed Got the message Problem A problem on your computer is preventing updates from being downloaded or installed But no error code It does download but not install I did turn off my anti-virus and firewall and tried again no change I found this solution here http www technipages com error-a-problem downloaded htmlEssentially re-regietring a bunch of dll s done that Nothingregsvr wuaueng dllregsvr wuaueng dllregsvr wucltui dllregsvr wups dllregsvr wups dllregsvr wuweb dllSolved this buy re-registering run and regsvr wups dllagain this time it worked Left for info for others Admin Edit Removed unnecessary HijackThis Log attachment to preclude post being moved unnecessarily Animal

A:Windows Update Failing To Install

Thanks for letting us know! It'll help out others who've got the same problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/152412/windows-update-failing-to-install/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello,

Below are the details of the security update that keeps failing.

I have tried the Windows trouble shooter without succes. Fixit without succes.
.Net framework repair without succes. Manual download did not want to work either.

Would anyone have some other ideas?

Ivan

Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package (KB2538243)

Installation date: ‎5-‎12-‎2012 11:30

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 64C

Update type: Important

A security issue has been identified leading to MFC application vulnerability in DLL planting due to MFC not specifying the full path to system/localization DLLs. You can protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

More information:
MS11-025: Description of the security update for Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package: June 14, 2011

Help and Support:
Microsoft Support

A:KB2538243 Windows update keeps failing.

Please follow the instructions at Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the data - then we can see what we're dealing with.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/267847-kb2538243-windows-update-keeps-failing.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi. I found the post about Windows Update problems. I'm trying to follow that format here.

Here is all the information I know to provide:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
I ran the SURT.
Ran sfc/scannow
I get: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
Windows Update Error Code: 800703EE
Compressed CBS log: Attached. This is not the latest CBS log, but it is the only one I was able to upload (under 8 mb). It is from yesterday, the 19th

I've been trying different things for a few days to no avail. Tried the MS update fixer. I've tried running sfc/scannow in safe mode with the same result. Disk cleanup, de-fragmentation, etc.
Anything else you need to help let me know.

Any help would be appreciated, as I am officially frustrated!

A:Windows Update Failing Continuously

CheckSUR shows the following problems...

Code:
winsxs\manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-lsa_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18717_none_0ec82865a7c8e466.manifest
winsxs\manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-ie-directxtransforms_31bf3856ad364e35_11.2.9600.17633_none_845de0afcb21d443.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ole-automation_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18679_none_1aea3d051245fa8a.manifest
servicing\packages\Package_51_for_KB3023607~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_51_for_KB3023607~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
SFC shows the following problems...

Code:
Line 3535: 2015-02-20 22:25:42, Info CSI 00000333 [SR] Repairing 3 components
Line 3536: 2015-02-20 22:25:42, Info CSI 00000334 [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
Line 3541: 2015-02-20 22:25:42, Info CSI 00000337 [SR] Cannot verify component files for Microsoft-Windows-OLE-Automation, Version = 6.1.7601.18679, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral, manifest is damaged (TRUE)
Line 3544: 2015-02-20 22:25:42, Info CSI 00000339 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"jnwmon.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-TabletPC-JournalNoteWriterQFE, Version = 6.1.7601.18493, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 3549: 2015-02-20 22:25:42, Info CSI 0000033c [SR] Cannot verify component files for Microsoft-Windows-IE-DirectXTransforms, Version = 11.2.9600.17633, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_IA32_ON_WIN64 (10), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral, manifest is damaged (TRUE)
Line 3552: 2015-02-20 22:25:42, Info CSI 0000033e [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"jnwmon.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-TabletPC-JournalNoteWriterQFE, Version = 6.1.7601.18493, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 3553: 2015-02-20 22:25:42, Info CSI 0000033f [SR] This component was referenced by [l:154{77}]"Package_2_for_KB2971850~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.2971850-4_neutral_GDR"
Line 3558: 2015-02-20 22:25:42, Info CSI 00000342 [SR] Recovered manifest from backup for Microsoft-Windows-OLE-Automation, Version = 6.1.7601.18679, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral
Line 3565: 2015-02-20 22:25:42, Info CSI 00000344 [SR] Repair complete
I'll post a fix protocol later, for the CheckSUR errors, then we'll work on the SFC problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/362033-windows-update-failing-continuously.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Smart Search Results : Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 on Windows XP Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 x86 KB2416447 Installation date &82065&82068&82062011 204 PM Installation status Failed Error details Code 66A Update type Important A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windowsbased system that is running the Microsoft .NET Framework and gain access to information. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item you may have to restart your computer. More information httpgo.microsoft.comfwlinkLinkId202365 Help and Support httpsupport.microsoft.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wont-install-windows-update-keeps-failing-why.995747/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello As I was told to create a new thread I'll now do it and I'll write exactly the same but this time I'll post my log files in the first post too Hi A while ago I suddenly realised that I couldn't update with Windows Update and even though I've followed the guide precisly it still reports errors Now more recently everytime I turn on my computer atleast a few apps crashes Normally it's steam or such but it can also be something more critical as Windows or Explorer Update Failing AppCrash + Windows which then needs a restart This results in a lot of things for instance I've bought a new monitor and I can't install the driver because Failing Windows Update + AppCrash when I install it the app crashes instantly I've also begun getting these little windows in Firefox called simply quot adds quot and it asks me with which program I'd like to open them I just close them Also my anti-virus-program Panda alerts me every th minute that a virus was found and neutralized What do I do I've consulted a Microsoft supporter who wasn't very helpful I've used the program GMER exe and DDR scr Failing Windows Update + AppCrash and got the logs Thanks DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Alexander at on - - Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic GMT AV Panda Antivirus On-access scanning enabled Updated EEE D A-D C - A-AB C- CE FE A SP Panda Antivirus enabled Updated FE D - E - EBB-B E -D C CBDAF A SP Spybot - Search and Destroy disabled Outdated ED FAF- B F- B -ACA - E C DADBE SP Windows Defender disabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Program Files Panda Security Panda Antivirus PskSvc exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Antivirus pavsrvx exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Antivirus AVENGINE EXE C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system AUDIODG EXE C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Small Business Business Contact Manager BcmSqlStartupSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity eDSService exe C Acer Empowering Technology eLock Service eLockServ exe C Acer Empowering Technology eNet eNet Service exe C Windows system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaantmon exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C Acer Mobility Center MobilityService exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Panda Security Panda Antivirus PsCtrls exe C Program Files Common Files Panda Software PavShld pavprsrv exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Panda Security Panda Antivirus PsImSvc exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Acer Empowering Technology ePower ePowerSvc exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Acer Empowering Technology eRecovery eRecoveryService exe C Acer Empowering Technology eSettings Service capuserv exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe... Read more

A:Failing Windows Update + AppCrash

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Your hard drive is almost full.

Quote:

C: is FIXED (NTFS) - 70 GiB total, 8,738 GiB free.

Having too little free space on your hard drive can compromise system performance. I suggest you move pictures, music, etc. to an external drive or USB stick if you have one and uninstall any programs that are never or hardly ever used.

I need to see your gmer log in order to help you. Please attach it to your next reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/failing-windows-update-appcrash-445857.html
Relevancy 56.76%

The updates are through windows update All of the updates pertain to ms office the error code that I get is when failing and Office MS Windows update 8.1 they fail I have been scratching my head Windows 8.1 and MS Office update failing on this one I have googled the error code and what it comes up with is things relating to net framework update install error The weird thing to me is that these came out with the last patch Tuesday and all of the other updates installed just find I am just having a issue with these guys here There are of these updates and they are Definition Update for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition Security Update for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition Security Update for Skype for Business KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Outlook KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Visio KB -Bit Edition Any help would be much appreciated Thanks in advance

A:Windows 8.1 and MS Office update failing

Okay so I figured out these are already installed...  How do I make these go away so they do not keep try and installing them?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/577020/windows-81-and-ms-office-update-failing/
Relevancy 56.76%

Windows update KB has been trying to install for a month Seems to update PC restarts fails to complete reverts back Not update to Windows install failing sure if we can just skip a security update Hijack Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x Toshiba ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files x Toshiba ConfigFree CFSwMgr exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis Windows update failing to install HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www toshibadirect com dpdstart R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId Windows update failing to install R - Windows update failing to install HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local lt local gt R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files x Norton Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Norton Engine IPS IPSBHO DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Playtopus Games - EBA B - D - -BD - BA D CC - C Users Courtney AppData Local Playtopus Playtopus dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files x Norton Engine coIEPlg dll O - HKLM Run NDSTray exe NDSTray exe O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User NETWORK SERVICE O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Se amp nd to OneNote - res C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Send to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Se amp nd to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra button OneNote Lin amp ked Notes - FE F- FC - A - -EDE DB C CA - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONBttnIELinkedNotes dll O - Extra Tools menuitem OneNote Lin amp ked Notes - FE F- FC - A - -EDE DB C CA - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONBttnIELinkedNotes dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS Office REFIEBAR DLL O - Options group ACCELERATED GRAPHICS Accelerated graphics O - Trusted Zone clonewarsadven... Read more

Relevancy 56.76%

comp had zeroacess rootkit aswell and im beginning to think update cause? windows keeps the virus failing, a worm or something i formatted comp and without updating windows i went windows update keeps failing, virus the cause? online stupidly got infected to my surprise and formatted again thinking ill strictly download from trusted sites without updating windows as my first priority again i downloaded scanners and produced possible rootkits as well as random proxys and my avg is constantly blocking outwards connections to randoms addresses seems all cleared besides the random proxys except when i installed all my windows updates theres like that WILL NOT INSTALL no matter what ill select install the imp updates and it'll go as far as to say completed then when i check for them they are all still there needing to windows update keeps failing, virus the cause? be downloaded i formated my laptop and installed all the security updates first before going onto internet explorer theres no missing updates im thinking windows update keeps failing, virus the cause? a virus or some malware is screwing with me if i troubleshoot the problems it attempts to cehck for updates says its ok then the process has restarted reason im thinking its a virus is because all the updates are security updates for windows seems like all the computers in my house have problems especially with the windows updates this laptop being the first to install all error i get from chrome just now trying to install manuallyYour connection is not privateAttackers might be trying to steal your information from update microsoft com for example passwords messages or credit cards NET ERR CERT COMMON NAME INVALIDThis server could not prove that it is update microsoft com its security certificate is from www update microsoft com This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection Proceed to update microsoft com unsafe

A:windows update keeps failing, virus the cause?

I recommend we get a deeper look. Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.Let me know if all went well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582896/windows-update-keeps-failing-virus-the-cause/