Windows Support Forum

Windows Update error 8008005 on search and update

Q: Windows Update error 8008005 on search and update

Windows Update was working fine until earlier this month, when it suddenly started displaying the mentioned error code.

Have tried running the FixIt tool from Microsoft to reset Windows Update components, but it cannot repair the Windows Update error.

Tried running SURT, but it gave a message about not being able to install hotfix.

SFC /SCANNOW cannot run.

Attached screenshots and log folder.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows Update error 8008005 on search and update

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows Update error 8008005 on search and update

Have you tried a start up repair from the install disk?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/343310-windows-update-error-8008005-search-update.html
Relevancy 111.37%

I recently restored an Acer Aspire netbook to Windows 7 Starter. I was performing updates, and it was working just fine, a little slow, but I felt that was due to the large amounts of updates that needed to be installed. Now, Windows Update says it cannot search for updates, and gives error 8008005. Windows update service is running, as is the BITS service. I have seen SOOO many different things online from updating BIOS to a total fresh install. I don't want to go through all of that unless it's necessary. I have files that MAY be the BIOS update, but I don't want to update unless I know it is the right one...Ran the Windows Update troubleshooting tool. IT fixed 3 different things, but another says not fixed:Windows update error 0x80070057 (2016-06-04- T-09_56_57A)OMG don't judge me!message edited by shanna99

A:Windows Update error 8008005

BIOS Updates are risky. I don't know the answer to this issue but it is hard to see how it has anything to do with BIOS.While you are awaiting other inputs, have you seen this (including the text info)?:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH3...It might give you some ideas but I can't vouch for it personally.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/windows-update-error-8008005/19503.html
Relevancy 111.37%

Hi guys, like most of you i'm trying to get my hands on windows 10. But when i go to use Windows Updater it goes through and says Error: 8008005. I've tried almost everything from microsofts fix it to registry cleaners and anti spyware/ maleware programs and nothing Please help! im on windows sp1. im on a gateway computer.
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3947 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000, 1845 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 463525 MB, Free - 17975 MB;
Motherboard: Gateway, SJV50_HR
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 110.08%

Hi, this problem has been going on for about a year now, it started with there being 2 or 3 updates that would not appear to install, every time I checked for updates the same updates were always there. over the months I have tried various different things I have read on the internet. Im now at the stage where windows wont find any updates & I get this error code 8008005.
I have tried the sfc /scannow thing that wont but im getting the windows could not start the repair service message. the windows module installer is set to manual but when I press start I get error 126: the specific module could not be found.
I have also tried to install the CBS zip folder but it says the file size is too large (10.9mb).
I don't know where to go from here, Please help me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/380681-windows-7-wont-update-error-8008005-a.html
Relevancy 102.77%

this has been frustrating me for months im on vista home basic 32 bit,and i cant update ,i get this error number 80080005.i contacted microsoft and you would nearly need a degree in rocket science to follow there fixes.please how can i simply update again.also when i try to download service packs i get a little window saying website not available,im totally confused.
regards john

A:update error 8008005

Originally Posted by bulldogs195461

this has been frustrating me for months im on vista home basic 32 bit,and i cant update ,i get this error number 80080005.i contacted microsoft and you would nearly need a degree in rocket science to follow there fixes.please how can i simply update again.also when i try to download service packs i get a little window saying website not available,im totally confused.
regards john

It is not easy as you want.This error have many differents options.In this powerful stock Windows Update Error 80080005 on Vista

you can find all reported options

shortly in my opinion the are at least three different options:

1.Missing winhttp.dll or any other files from C:\Windows\System32 folder
To recognize you have to run SFC command and read SFC report
2.Missing HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Component Based Servicing\Version key or folder related to this key:details Cannot update anything, 80080005

easy to recognize -if you have this option of error you cannot run SFC command
3.unable to run Windows Update sevice :when you attempt manually run Windows Update service some error is returned ->example Will not update new to Vista

Try below:

run cmd.exe with administrative previlliges (right click on cmd.exe as administrator)
and type

sfc /scannow

if it returns error "Windows Resource Protection could not start..." that means you have option 2

go to Start>>services.msc,find Windows Update service and try to run it manually,
if it return any error then you have option 3

Independly what happend:

1)Download RegBak Acelogix Software - Freeware ,run it and create backup of registry files,find in created backup SOFTWARE,SYSTEM and COMPONENTS files.
2)Find CBS.log file from C:\Windows\Logs\CBS folder

All files pack to *.rar ,* or .7z format and upload on RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

Please note logs analysis will take some time...

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/272257-update-error-8008005-a.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello -

I seem to be having a snowball effect of errors with my computer. It all started when I realized I couldn't find/install new Windows Updates. I hate to say it, but I went a year without installing new updates. I would always get the error code 80072efd. I tried following Microsoft's help and was able to download and install like 70 updates a few days ago. Since then, I have been unable to use Windows Updates again and am still receiving the same error. I don't want to post too many problems in this one post so I figured we'd just start with this one. Since it seems to be the start of all my computer problems anyway hopefully if I can fix this the other errors with get fixed as well.

BTW, I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium, SP 1.

Thanks in advance!

A:Windows Update can't search for new updates: error 80072efd

Have you tried to download SP2...and then installing it from your desktop?See Manually Installing SP2 at http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows...vice-Pack-2-SP2.http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows...-error-80072efdLouis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/320615/windows-update-cant-search-for-new-updates-error-80072efd/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello I've been trying for hours to fix a problem with the Windows Update on my laptop I run Windows Home Premium SP x Lately I noticed that the automatic update is always installing the same updates and this has been going for months So I tried to search for the solution on the Internet I've been doing Windows Fix it and some other stuff that I can find online but none worked I did clean boot and disabling the Anti Virus Kaspersky it didn't solve the problem I have also tried restoring the system back to the last time the update was working normally Still every time I click check for update it always produce the not Windows updates, new search for Update 80080005 error could red sign with the message Windows could not search for new updates Error found Code Could anybody please help me solve this problem I am concerned about the security Windows Update could not search for new updates, error 80080005 of my computer now I have attached the Windows Update log files Windows Update could not search for new updates, error 80080005 in case it is Windows Update could not search for new updates, error 80080005 required Thank you in advance

A:Windows Update could not search for new updates, error 80080005

please help meeeee

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/351744-windows-update-could-not-search-new-updates-error-80080005-a.html
Relevancy 77.4%

When I go to windows update it's in red and when I click to check for updates,I get the message Windows cannot check for updates error 80248015. I checked my settings and they are ok. Ran the update readiness tool but to no avail. Tried System restore and to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. I tried Microsoft FIX it but I get the message that it cannot connect to the server. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Windows update cannot search for updates. error 80248015

Hi, jakedog.
Check that the system time and date is set correctly.

Breezy

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/222698-windows-update-cannot-search-updates-error-80248015-a.html
Relevancy 76.54%

An old PC with fresh new Win Pro update for search to Windows update never ending installation and a few programs installed Windows update never ending to search for update Did notice DX was missing substituted old GPU with a new one and tried to perform Win Update The process never give any answer waiting for hours since a couple of days I did fist changed the Win Update settings from automatic download to just notify I did try everything I find on this forum from resetting Win Windows update never ending to search for update Update using the bat to following others forum suggestions such as this upgrade to Win install the quot SP quot win pack cancelled the whole updates directory content and also following posting instructions Summarizing the situation any app I did try such as System Update Readiness Tool to Win update is stuck on searching for updates and the process never finish Win Update give an error just once after resetting it but never again is simply Windows update never ending to search for update wating SFC scan didn't give any error Installing the SP quot courtesy pack quot was at the beginning impossible since Microsoft Downalod center is asking to installa a ActiveX app again and again never ending the process Tried also to disable any firewall antivirus realtime protection CBS folder zip is too big to be uploaded next a link to download it https drive google com file d Bxb ew usp sharing

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/396611-windows-update-never-ending-search-update.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I purchased a new notebook with Windows 7 in October. During the first weeks I uninstalled McAfee and replaced the harddrive. Since November Windows Update fails with error messages and defender does not start anymore. I made several virus scans (complete) with multiple antivirus programs but nothing showed up.Since it took my days to install various software, I do not want to re-install W7. I also have no good backup that I could restore. I am really surprised that there is not even a single entry regarding the error code in the Microsoft Knowledge base or elsewhere.I really would appreciate help. 

A:Windows Update does not work, Windows Standalone Update Installer stops with error 0xc8000247 (Windows 7 Home Premium on Acer Aspire 1810TZ notebook)

Got it !!!!
If You are using notebooks with with hard drive larger than 700 GB you probably should update Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver.
Here is solution :
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02219204&cc=nl&lc=en&dlc=en&product
Download and install it.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3b716d4c-fb5f-411b-9aee-38af1c529336/windows-update-does-not-work-windows-standalone-update-installer-stops-with-error-0xc8000247?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 75.25%

* when trying to update Windows Defender Error code 0x80072efe is received
* redirection occurs when clicking on google search result links

Computer was infected with virus, cleaned it by uninstalling McAfee and installing Comodo

Removed malware by using MalwareBytes

used PCTools to correct 1,400+ registry problems

System:
Windows Vista Home Premium
Service Pack 2
AMD Athlon 64 x2 4600+ 2.40GHz 2.00 GB Ram 32bit Operating System

I appreciate your help...

-Kit

A:Windows Defender update error 0x80072efe and google search results are redirected

Hello Kit, cool name! but all that aside I have a couple things that will work.#1 Turn off Windows Defender & Firewall! If you're good at math this will be easy. Firewall (Windows) + Firewall (Comodo) do not mix!!Disable Windows Firewall asap. Two firewalls interfere with each other okay? Good. Also Windows Defender is close to useless so disabling it frees up valuable space on your PC.#2 If you're using Internet ExplorerDON'T do anything crazy like uninstall it BUT Install Either Mozilla Firefox or Opera (my favorite) as a web browser.That will help the dangerous redirects --------> YES?... Yes#3 Some like Malwarebytes but I swear by the product SUPERAntiSpyware. It's just better. Updates about 5 times a day!Do your self a favor and get it.#4 Don't panic. That's an important one. Some people panic and start deleting valuable files.5# Make sure your Windows is updated: Control Panel --> System & Security --> Windows Update Also: Control Panel --> Network & Internet --> Internet Options Click Tab Privacy Make sure it's on Medium High (I'm on Windows 7 it's probably a similar process for you too.)Now you will be in much better shape. If you need anything PM me. -ScottPM help is not recommended at BleepingComputer. Please keep all communications on board. - rigelBC Moderator

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/333888/windows-defender-update-error-0x80072efe-and-google-search-results-are-redirected/
Relevancy 75.25%

Whenever I click on a Google search links its being re-direct to ad-spam Help! Google Please windows Rookit. TDSS update links error search redirect, site and also my window update gets an error I think I have a TDSS Rookit since I ran GMER on my desktop see below log it states Device - gt TDSS Rookit. Please Help! Google search links redirect, windows update error Driveratapi DeviceHarddisk DR EAEEE ---- Files - GMER ----File C WINDOWSsystem driversatapi sys suspicious modification---- EOF - GMER ----I also try to use TDSSKiller exe but it did not remove the rookit Please help Below is my full log from GMER GMER - http www gmer netRootkit quick scan - - Windows Service Pack Running gmer exe Driver C DOCUME ERICHO LOCALS Tempawldikog sys---- System - GMER ----Code SystemRootsystem driversmfehidk sys Host Intrusion Detection Link Driver McAfee Inc ZwCreateFile x D B Code SystemRootsystem driversmfehidk sys Host Intrusion Detection Link Driver McAfee Inc ZwCreateKey x D AB Code SystemRootsystem driversmfehidk sys Host Intrusion Detection Link Driver McAfee Inc ZwCreateProcess x D Code SystemRootsystem driversmfehidk sys Host Intrusion Detection Link Driver McAfee Inc ZwDeleteKey x D BF Code SystemRootsystem driversmfehidk sys Host Intrusion Detection Link Driver McAfee Inc ZwDeleteValueKey x D EB Code SystemRootsystem driversmfehidk sys Host Intrusion Detection Link Driver McAfee Inc ZwMapViewOfSection x D F Code SystemRootsystem driversmfehidk sys Host Intrusion Detection Link Driver McAfee Inc ZwOpenKey x D Code SystemRootsystem driversmfehidk sys Host Intrusion Detection Link Driver McAfee Inc ZwProtectVirtualMemory x D F Code SystemRootsystem driversmfehidk sys Host Intrusion Detection Link Driver McAfee Inc ZwRenameKey x D D Code SystemRootsystem driversmfehidk sys Host Intrusion Detection Link Driver McAfee Inc ZwSetValueKey x D Code SystemRootsystem driversmfehidk sys Host Intrusion Detection Link Driver McAfee Inc ZwTerminateProcess x D Code SystemRootsystem driversmfehidk sys Host Intrusion Detection Link Driver McAfee Inc ZwUnmapViewOfSection x D Code SystemRootsystem driversmfehidk sys Host Intrusion Detection Link Driver McAfee Inc ZwYieldExecution x D Code SystemRootsystem driversmfehidk sys Host Intrusion Detection Link Driver McAfee Inc NtCreateFileCode SystemRootsystem driversmfehidk sys Host Intrusion Detection Link Driver McAfee Inc NtMapViewOfSection---- Devices - GMER ----AttachedDevice FileSystemNtfs Ntfs mfehidk sys Host Intrusion Detection Link Driver McAfee Inc AttachedDevice FileSystemFastfat Fat mfehidk sys Host Intrusion Detection Link Driver McAfee Inc AttachedDevice DriverTcpip DeviceIp mfetdik sys Anti-Virus Mini-Firewall Driver McAfee Inc AttachedDevice DriverTcpip DeviceTcp mfetdik sys Anti-Virus Mini-Firewall Driver McAfee Inc AttachedDevice DriverTcpip DeviceUdp mfetdik sys Anti-Virus Mini-Firewall Driver McAfee Inc AttachedDevice DriverTcpip DeviceRawIp mfetdik sys Anti-Virus Mini-Firewall Driver McAfee Inc Device - gt Driveratapi DeviceHarddisk DR EAEEE ---- Files - GMER ----File C WINDOWSsystem driversatapi sys suspicious modification

A:TDSS Rookit. Please Help! Google search links redirect, windows update error

My HijackThis Log FileLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4Scan saved at 3:11:11 PM, on 5/7/2010Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP3 (6.00.2900.5512)Boot mode: NormalRunning processes:C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\basfipm.exeC:\Program Files\Asset Services Management\eSMARTUM.exeC:\Program Files\Dell\OpenManage\Client\Iap.exeC:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exeC:\Program Files\IBM\Lotus\Notes\nslsvice.exeC:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exeC:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\Mcshield.exeC:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\VsTskMgr.exeC:\Program Files\IBM\Lotus\Notes\ntmulti.exeC:\Program Files\Asset Services Management\ASMAgent.exeC:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXEC:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Version Cue\ControlPanel\VersionCueTray.exeC:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Distillr\Acrotray.exeC:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\SHSTAT.EXEC:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\udaterui.exeC:\Program Files\Analog Devices\Core\smax4pnp.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exeC:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\McTray.exeC:\Program Files\IBM\Lotus\Notes\nlnotes.exeC:\Program Files\IBM\Lotus\Notes\ntaskldr.EXEC:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CS\InDesign.exeC:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CS\Support Files\Contents\Windows\Illustrator.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\MsiExec.exeC:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\EXCEL.EXEC:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXEC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Pro 7\FileMaker Pro.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXEC:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exeR1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dell.comR0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = https://www.paxar-europe.com/live/SysAdmin/Login.asp?R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.dell.comO2 - BHO: (no name) - {00D25178-8FEF-CFF1-38A1-18D4915C8048} - C:\WINDOWS\ckbmxghq.dll (file missing)O2 - BHO: (no name) - {D255A405-CD33-54D8-F500-1E63A86C8C6E} - C:\WINDOWS\CDM\djykofresq.dll (file missing)O2 - BHO: AIMSite Class - {D70E6A20-7060-4829-B3D7-B6624A1DE7C6} - C:\Program Files\AIM Toolbar\aimhelper.dll (file missing)O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dllO3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dllO3 - Toolbar: Search - {F0EA8DA2-770C-0008-0AB1-8B9B04923F0F} - C:\WINDOWS\ckbmxghq.dll (file missing)O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdobeVersionCue] C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Version Cue�... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/315168/tdss-rookit-please-help-google-search-links-redirect-windows-update-error/
Relevancy 74.39%

I have two problems that may or may not be related When I run Windows Update the program is unable to search for windows updates It returns & accessed search 80070490 can't Suspected windows update acct Malware: paypal error error Suspected Malware: windows update can't search error 80070490 & paypal acct accessed code Someone other than me has accessed my Suspected Malware: windows update can't search error 80070490 & paypal acct accessed paypal account Skype was referenced in the paypal transaction I had not very intelligently used the same password in Skype and paypal Paypal caught the problem and froze my account and I have fixed my passwords but there may still be something left on my computer I sure would appreciate any help you all could give me Per your request my DDS file follows I'm attaching the Attach zip I hope I did all the request steps right Thanks D DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Denise at on Tue Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe C Windows OEM Mon exe C Program Files Dell Dell Webcam Manager DellWMgr exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Offline Course Player OlpSynch exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Sigmatel C-Major Audio WDM sttray exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Audible Bin AudibleDownloadHelper exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files INITIO Button Manager v inihid exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files ArcSoft TotalMedia Backup amp Record uBBMonitor exe C Program Files Dropbox Dropbox exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files DellTPad HidFind exe C Program Files DellTPad Apntex exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Windows system aestsrv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C Windows system STacSV exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe c Program ... Read more

A:Suspected Malware: windows update can't search error 80070490 & paypal acct accessed

BUMP, Please.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/suspected-malware-windows-update-cant-search-error-80070490-and-paypal-acct-accessed-366807.html
Relevancy 74.39%

When I try to install KB3182373, a "Security Update for Microsoft Silverlight", Windows Update reports failure with the message "Code 643 Windows Update encountered an unknown error".
I ran WindowsUpdateDiagnostic.diagcab. It reported that "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem".
What can I do to fix this? I'm running Windows 7 Professional.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ab3e30fe-b420-45f1-b3b0-9fd7f93fbe5a/windows-update-fails-when-installing-kb3182373-code-643-windows-update-encountered-an-unknown?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 73.53%

I am using Windows Professional with Service Pack Windows Update has lost my update history and hangs when I tell it to check for updates Windows Update Troubleshooter reports quot Windows Update error x - - -T- P Not Fixed quot How can I get Windows Update working again Here is a detailed account 0x80070057 Reports Not Update Error Fixed Hangs, Windows Windows Update Troubleshooter of the problem Earlier today I ran Windows Update and told it to install important updates It said it was downloading them but stalled for minutes at done I rebooted my computer and re-ran Windows Update It reported that there were no pending important updates I clicked quot View update history quot and saw that the most recent important updates had failed I clicked quot Check for Updates quot and when it finished checking Windows Update continued to report that there were no pending important updates At that point I Windows Update Hangs, Windows Update Troubleshooter Reports Error 0x80070057 Not Fixed concluded that something was wrong with Windows Update In an attempt to fix it I downloaded and ran the Windows Update Troubleshooter WindowsUpdateDiagnostic diagcab It reported one problem found quot Windows Update error x - - -T- P Not Fixed quot After running Windows Update Troubleshooter I re-ran Windows Update It reported that my most recent check for updates was quot Never quot and that updates were installed quot Never quot When I clicked quot View update history quot I saw an empty list When I clicked quot Check for updates quot the application stalled at quot Checking for updates quot I have re-booted re-run Windows Update Troubleshooter and re-run Windows Update at least twice more Windows Update Troubleshooter continues to report quot Windows Update error x quot and Windows Update continues to show no update history and to hang on quot Checking for updates quot

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/25a67d86-9ee5-460d-924b-663a55e34b06/windows-update-hangs-windows-update-troubleshooter-reports-error-0x80070057-not-fixed?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 73.53%

We couldn't install Windows 10
0xC1900101 - 0x40017
We've set you PC back to where it was right before you started installing Windows 10
The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during BOOT operation
What was tried: Connected straight to ethernet, Turned off wireless and Defender A/V, Removing the D/L files, D/L fresh from ISO file, launched install file, went through approx 50% and PC rebooted - nor stuck on black screen with swirling dots for OVER 4 hours with a brief HD access every couple of seconds.
Rebooted again -- still swirling dots on black screen. Tried again, same results.
Rebooted with F8 to get original Win 10 back.
Turned on "metered connection" option for WLAN to stop this update from happening. But now I cannot get and security updates for this machine.
Please suspend this D/L until fixed. Cannot afford to have no protection!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438835-update-windows-10-anniversary-update-will-not-install-error-0xc1900101-0x40017-second-boot.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hey,

I'm trying to install update KB976932 (Windows Service pack 1 for 64bit) and KB982526 (Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1) but I keep getting error 800b100 which stops me from doing so.

I've tried deactivating my firewall; manually installing from the microsoft website; and using the system readiness tool but I keep getting the same error

I've attached log files and I believe some files are corrupt. How can I replace them?
Can anyone please help me out?

Thanks.

A:Windows 7 - Update KB976932 and KB982526 update failure- error 800b100

i am facing the same problem even, tried installing manually, readiness tool and fix it, nothing works. So i just turned off windows update,
windows update Code error 800B100
I amrunning 64 bit windows 7 ultimate

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/147233-windows-7-update-kb976932-kb982526-update-failure-error-800b100.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi everybody

I get windows update error code 2 on installing Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5, 4.5.1 and 4.5.2 on Windows 7, Vista, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2 x64 (KB2978128)
I have also some other errors installing Internet Explorer 11.

I have used "sfc /scannow" command but it didn't find any integrity violations. the CBS log is attached.

I have also used SUR and the log file can be found attached to this post.

Any help is appreciated.

A:Windows update error code 2 on installing security update .NETF 4.52

Not as bad as I thought from the file size of the CheckSUR log...

Code:
Summary:
Seconds executed: 626
Found 40 errors
CSI Manifest All Zeros Total count: 40
Unavailable repair files:
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-ieshims_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_ae6c710c2475d6dd.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-ieshims_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_c5578c400ab73d40.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-scripting-jscript9_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_ab08cdc647ee4ac0.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-extcompat_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_a38eed1960d6da24.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-i..ersandsecurityzones_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_32ad7426474825c0.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-ratings_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_455c9a9ecd397534.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ieinstal_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_66663569022097ee.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-extcompat_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_ba7a084d47184087.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-js-debuggeride_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_b8c293a66f3311dc.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-runtimeutilities_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_ae82eb7016c1044d.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-lowreg_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_0f2b73186e1db6ad.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-scripting-jscript_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_e9bf29ad81612b17.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-gc-registeriepkeys_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_a5b33267944d950c.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-sysprep_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_82715ae744395a3d.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-i..tocolimplementation_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_7fb34fc812514c53.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-sysprep_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_995c761b2a7ac0a0.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-htmlrendering_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_910d6ee692a7b589.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-runtimeutilities_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_c56e06a3fd026ab0.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-lowreg_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_26168e4c545f1d10.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-i..etexplorer-optional_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_1680b8a41e440241.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-js-debuggeride_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_a1d7787288f1ab79.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-setup-support_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_439b116ecef783db.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-gc-registeriepkeys_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_8ec81733ae0c2ea9.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-versioninfo_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_6605203fbf36f2d9.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-ratings_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_2e717f6ae6f80ed1.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-scripting-jscript9_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_c1f3e8fa2e2fb123.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-pdm-configuration_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_b72e2fb5a0a8f7b3.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-vgx_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_6b016db5593931ef.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-setup-support_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_2caff63ae8b61d78.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-pdm-configuration_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_ce194ae986ea5e16.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-i..etexplorer-optional_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_ff959d7038029bde.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd6... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/365236-windows-update-error-code-2-installing-security-update-netf-4-52-a.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello,

I recieve error C80003FA whenever I do a Windows Update run. It doesn't get past the stage of checking for updates.

I've tried several fixes including:
- Waiting 15 minutes and running Windows Update again.
- Letting Windows Update run on its own schedule.
- SFC /Scannow
- Renaming the Catroot2 Folder.
- Running 3 different Fixit tools.
- Clean windows install.

After each and every one of those fixes I've tried windows update and I still get error C80003FA.

SFC Scannow has previously said no errors, but the last run through it said there were unfixable errors. I've got the log, though for brevity's sake I will keep it until someone asks for it.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

A:Windows Update fails in Update Check. Error code C80003FA.

Clean windows install doesn't fix it? You must be blocked, maybe your firewall???

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/251423-windows-update-fails-update-check-error-code-c80003fa.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hey all,

So I am currently reinstalling Windows on my dad's old laptop after the hard drive decided up die on us, and I stumbled on a problem that's a bit too hard for me to fix.

Namely, I am completely unable to install any Windows Update. Not even MSE will install.

I tried running SURT, but got error code 0x8000247
I also tried running SFC /SCANNOW, it ran the verification fase until 98% and then stated that there where unfixable problems.

The displayed error codes are:
In WU: "8024A000"
In SURT: "0x8000247"
Whilst installing MSE: "0x80070643".

Attached you will find CBS.log and MSINFO with my system specs.
Cheers and many thanks in advance,
Nommy

CBS.log MSINFO32.nfo

A:Windows Update error code 8024A000; unable to install any update.

That's very reminiscent of similar errors in Win7 - and I wouldn't be surprised to see it being non-genuine.
Please post an MGADiag report BEFORE doing the below potential fixes.

This may simply be caused by a bad set of Intel Storage Matrix Technology drivers -

Installing the Intel Drivers
try downloading and installing them from here -
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...&DwnldID=17882

(IATA89ENU.exe)

Once complete, please reboot twice, then post another MGADiag report.

If nothing has changed, try this...

Please run the following commands in an Elevated Command Prompt

NET STOP CRYPTSVC
REN C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CATROOT2 CATROOT2OLD
NET START CRYPTSVC

once complete, leave the system alone for at least an hour to rebuild the database, then reboot, and run another MGADiag report and post the results.

If neither of them work, we'll re-evaluate.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/302946-windows-update-error-code-8024a000-unable-install-any-update.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello. It all started couple of days ago when I wansn't able to start my Skype, because at the login window Skype uses Internet Explorer I've been trying couple of days to do something. At first I was getting internet explorer 10 update error, but somehow, magically, that update installed, but now!!! now it says that there's Internet explorer 9 update error! Please help, guys, really frustrated that I can't use skype, I really need it for my work. ty.

I've made logs with System Update Readiness Tool as suggested here Windows Update Posting Instructions, but when I try to attach it, it says

Quote:
CBS.zip:
Your file of 10.84 MB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 8.30 MB for this filetype.

What should I do? I've tried to zip CBS and to rar it, but the size is still bigger than allowed. HELP!

A:Windows update error 9C48, Internet Explorer update.

I'm thinking my CSB file is bigger than it has to be because I've been running this System Update Readiness Tool couple of times in last few days, maybe I should delete something out of there?

Update: I uploaded it here http://ge.tt/4ab6s9i/v/0, sorry if it's against the forum rulse, or something, will do as it must be done if this isn't appropriate. thx

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/292074-windows-update-error-9c48-internet-explorer-update.html
Relevancy 73.53%

My Windows Update has been failing to update for error 800F081F Windows to fails update, code Update a while now and I can't seem to find the solution Here's the run-down of what happens step by step Launch an update scan for Windows Update It scans for a few seconds then says Quote Install new Windows Update software To check for updates you must first install an update for Windows Update Once I click Windows Update fails to update, error code 800F081F Install it begins to quot Install and Update quot but then immediately returns to quot Checking for Updates quot The next box I see says Quote Windows could not search for new updates An error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer Error s found Code F F This happens every time I've attempted to update After looking up the error code I found the main Windows site that gave me the following explaination If you receive Windows Update error F F it means that Windows Update or Microsoft Update cannot determine the cryptographic service provider or a file Windows Update requires named catalog store is corrupted I've looked through multiple Windows forums and How-To's and have tried all the fixes I found SURT sfc scannow the standalone download for WU Windows Update Diagnostic multiple malware scans and Microsoft Fixit Ultimately I always get the same error code F F I should also say this problem has been here for a few months now and it's becoming more worrisome as more time passes The longer I wait to get this fixed the more I fear I will be hurting my computer Any and all help is greatly appreciated and I will do my best to cooperate with any instructions or requests Thank you Mookey

A:Windows Update fails to update, error code 800F081F

Hi Mookeylee & welcome to Sevenforums.

Please follow Windows Update Posting Instructions

We need to see the logs to determine the cause of the error.

Worst case scenario, and last resort, repair install windows 7. No big deal I just did 2 yesterday win7x64 Home Premium. Brink posted a great tutorial Repair Install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/384786-windows-update-fails-update-error-code-800f081f.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello,
First, excuse my english, I'm trying my best.

I get error C80003FA whenever I do a Windows Update run.

I did the Windows Update Posting instructions. When I did the SURT installation, it didn't finish and I had to reboot the PC. Then it work.

I've tried sfc /scannow several times before with different results: sometimes finished with no errors, sometimes finish with unfixable errors and sometimes didn't finish at all.

I uploaded the CBS.zip

Hope you can help me, thanks.

A:Windows Update doesn't update. Error code C80003FA

There are no errors in any of the posted logs
Please post the C:\WIndows\windowsupdate.log file.

Please also post the event logs...

Open Event Viewer
click on the Windows logs entry in the left pane to expand it.
Now click on the Application entry - wait while it loads.
Click on 'File' in the menu bar and select Save...

Save the file as Appevt.evtx

Repeat for the System log

then zip both, and upload them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/374917-windows-update-doesnt-update-error-code-c80003fa.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Tried the following Update works if I bypass the router ie connect the PC directly to modem It also works from different ISP through router at work Format disk amp Reinstall windows From windowsupdate log - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http download windowsupdate com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab gt error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING DownloadFileInternal failed for http download windowsupdate com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab error x efd - - c Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C muv wuredir cab - - c Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - c Misc WARNING SendRequest failed with hr efd Proxy List used lt gt Bypass List used lt null gt 0x80072efd update - with Windows Client error Windows detect Update to Can't failed 7 Auth Schemes used lt gt - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http download microsoft com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab gt error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING SendRequest failed with hr efd Proxy List used lt gt Bypass List used lt null gt Auth Schemes used lt gt - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http download microsoft com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab gt error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING SendRequest failed with hr efd Proxy List used lt gt Bypass List used lt null gt Auth Schemes used lt gt - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http download microsoft com v windowsupdate Can't update Windows 7 - Windows Update Client failed to detect with error 0x80072efd redir muv wuredir cab gt Can't update Windows 7 - Windows Update Client failed to detect with error 0x80072efd error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING SendRequest failed with hr efd Proxy List used lt gt Bypass List used lt null gt Auth Schemes used lt gt - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http download microsoft com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab gt error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING DownloadFileInternal failed for http download microsoft com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab error x efd - - c Misc Validating signature for - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http www update microsoft com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab gt error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING SendRequest failed with hr efd Proxy List used lt gt Bypass List used lt null gt Auth Schemes used lt gt - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http www update microsoft com v windowsupdate redir muv wu... Read more

A:Can't update Windows 7 - Windows Update Client failed to detect with error 0x80072efd

Hi,

Try to remove the proxy server entry from the WinHTTP proxy configuration for Windows 7:

Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start programs and files box.
Right-click cmd.exe in the Programs list, and then click Run as administrator.
Note If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or click Continue.
Type the following command and then press Enter:
netsh winhttp show proxy
Note The proxy setting is listed next to Proxy Server. If there is no proxy server, Direct Access <no proxy server> is shown in the Command Prompt window.
To remove the listed proxy setting, type the following command and then press Enter:

netsh winhttp reset proxy
Click Start, click All Programs, click Windows Update, and then try to download and install updates again.Alex Zhaozx
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f37e3638-beac-445a-83f4-21cf85cb05fe/cant-update-windows-7-windows-update-client-failed-to-detect-with-error-0x80072efd?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 72.67%

I didn't see any posts about this, so I hope I am not double posting.

After removing a drive load of viruses, I am still not able to update Windows Vista to Service Pack 1. I have even tried to create a new admin user account in hopes that this would work, but no go. I tried running sfc.exe / scannow from the CMD and it did report that it was unable to repair wextract.exe. Also, the file reportingevents.txt located in %system root%\windows\softwaredistribution\reportingevents.txt lists "Windows Update Client failed to detect with error 0x80070490".
Although, I think Windows Defender can update. I need to take a break.

Acer Extensa 4620-4605
Windows Vista 32-bit Home Premium

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/219545/windows-update-will-not-update-error-code-80070490/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi I Issue 80073712 Error Windows update - Update not will am having some issues with my windows update It will not update Windows Update Issue - Error 80073712 will not update at all I am also unable to update my internet explorer Any help is appreciated Please see attached logs and below code Thanks Regards Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Update Issue - Error 80073712 will not update Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - - - -FYVQB Windows Product Key Hash BiGPTnEmebjLKyvsFO OMYyy gc Windows Product ID - - - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type Volume MAK Windows OS version ID AD B- B- D B-A D -D E DF B Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Update Issue - Error 80073712 will not update Windows Enterprise Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version OGAExec exe Signed By Microsoft OGAAddin dll Signed By Microsoft OGA Data-- gt Office Status Genuine Microsoft Office Enterprise - Genuine OGA Version Registered Signed By Microsoft Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - E AD EA- -d E AD EA- - E AD EA- - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt AD B- B- D B-A D -D E DF B lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -BBBBB lt PKey gt lt PID gt - - - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt System manufacturer lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt P E Premium lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt American Megatrends Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt DBA E F lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt GMT Standard Time GMT lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt File Name quot OGAAddin dll quot Version quot quot gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Product GUID quot - - - - FF CE quot gt lt LegitResult gt lt LegitResult gt lt Name gt Microsoft Office Enterprise lt Name gt lt Ver gt lt Ver gt lt Val gt EF E BB D lt Val gt lt Hash gt I aR JZ HnlLhxyLFCA XOuw lt Hash gt lt Pid gt - - - lt Pid gt lt PidType gt lt PidType gt lt Product gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot A quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot B quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot A quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot BA quot Ver... Read more

A:Windows Update Issue - Error 80073712 will not update

Hello habeeb786 and welcome to the forums

Could you follow the instructions here please:

Windows Update Posting Instructions

Tom

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/266593-windows-update-issue-error-80073712-will-not-update.html
Relevancy 72.67%

After buying a new hard drive and reimaging thumb drive from Dell, I installed Windows 7 Ultimate on a Dell M6400 Precision Laptop. I have everything working except Windows Update will not Update. It has not updated once since the install. Windows Tech
support has not been able to resolve the issue, even with remote assistance. I get the Error Code 0x80070003 after running the Windows Update Diagnostic Tool. Does anyone know how to fix this?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dfaac767-7d89-4254-8ce7-368b149f2945/error-code-0x80070003-windows-update-will-not-update?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 72.67%

Alright, this has been going on for awhile, and now I'm fed up. Every time I want to update windows, it comes up with this error code - 80090305 Every time I try to update windows defender, it comes up with this error code - 0x80090305 I can't update either! I've looked for solutions online -everywhere- nothing works. I checked what the Microsoft website said, but that didn't help either! I really think I should get these updates, and I'm tired of it popping up and telling me that it can't update. The computer is an Acer (I don't know the exact model, I trying to fix my friends computer and I'll be back there tomorrow.) Anyway, help would be amazing. Thank you! p.s I realize this is my first post, but you know I signed up because I really need help! I've tried everything!

A:Update error 80090305 - cannot update windows or defender!

Fix SEC_E_SECPKG_NOT_FOUND Error Under 2 Min - Fix PC Error ?
This is what they say is the fix

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/281753-update-error-80090305-cannot-update-windows-defender.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello. Been having this update issue and already run SURT, Fixit, and SVC to no avail. Even spent some time on a live chat with a microsoft tech to help me out but his tools couldn't help much. So, I've come here to hope for a miracle.

Here are my log files. The attachment manager isn't working at time of posting so I will attempt to upload the full CBS .zip later.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/383938-windows-update-error-800b0100-update-kb3046017.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I have an Acer Aspire Ethos laptop running Windows Ultimate x SP is installed according to system properties came installed Windows update was working fine until maybe June or May of this year I have tried a number of hotfixes several microsoft fixit automatic normal and aggressive runs the sfc scannow in admin CMD mode and also uninstalled the Error Fail 80073712 Self-update Update Windows last ten or so updates I have also deleted the contents of the Downloaded Installation Files within C Windows but that also did not fix the error Have also tried disabling my antivirus but that did not change anything windows update will not self-update at all Nothing seems to work Please help Below see a typical update attempt from the log repeats almost every other day more or less the same Quote - - c AU START AU Search for updates - - c AU - Windows Update Self-update Fail Error 80073712 - c AU lt lt SUBMITTED AU Search for updates CallId DC A D A- Windows Update Self-update Fail Error 80073712 B - F -ABF -BED E B - - d Agent - - d Agent START Agent Finding updates CallerId AutomaticUpdates - - d Agent - - d Agent Online Yes Ignore download priority No - - d Agent Criteria quot IsInstalled and DeploymentAction 'Installation' or IsPresent and DeploymentAction 'Uninstallation' or IsInstalled and DeploymentAction 'Installation' and RebootRequired or IsInstalled and DeploymentAction 'Uninstallation' and RebootRequired quot - - d Agent ServiceID F -A - - - A D EFE D Third party service - - d Agent Search Scope Machine - - d Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C muv wuredir cab - - d Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - d Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x - - d Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x - - d Misc WARNING DownloadFileInternal failed for http download windowsupdate com v v wuredir cab error x - - d Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C muv wuredir cab - - d Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - d Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x - - d Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x - - d Misc WARNING DownloadFileInternal failed for http download microsoft com v win v wuredir cab error x - - d Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C muv wuredir cab - - d Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - d Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C muv wuredir cab - - d Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - d Agent Checking for updated auth cab for service f -a - - - a d efe d at http download windowsupdate com v dir muauth cab - - d Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution AuthCabs authcab cab - - d Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - d Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution AuthCabs authcab cab - - d Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - d Setup Checking for agent SelfUpdate - - d Setup Skipping selfupdate check An update was already attempted and failed - - d Agent WARNING Skipping scan self-update check returned x D - - d Agent WARNING Exit code x D - - d Agent - - d Agent END Agent Finding updates CallerId AutomaticUpdates - - d Agent - - d Agent WARNING WU client failed Searching for update with error x d - - d Report CWERReporter finishing event handling - - f AU gt gt RESUMED AU Search for updates CallId DC A D A- B - F -ABF -BED E B - - f AU WARNING Search callback failed result x D - - f AU WARNING Failed to find updates with error code D - - f AU - - f AU END AU Search for updates CallId DC A D A- B - F -ABF -BED E B - - f AU - - f AU Need to show Unable to Detect notification - - f AU Successfully wrote event for AU health state - - f AU AU setting next detection timeout to - - - - f AU Setting AU scheduled install time to - - - - f AU Successfully wrote event for AU health state - - f AU Successfully wrote event for AU heal... Read more

A:Windows Update Self-update Fail Error 80073712

agreed. I am facing a similar problem as you. Help

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/252798-windows-update-self-update-fail-error-80073712-a.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Greetings,

I am unable to install "Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2761217)" and get "Error Code 8007065E" after the update finishes downloading and attempts to install. See attached for the logs and a screenshot of the error.
Thanks!
Yoha

A:Windows Update Error 8007065E on Update KB2761217

You have some errors in the CheckSUR log which are likely causing your problem - for ease of access, I'll put them here....

Code:
Unavailable repair files:
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-g..validatefntcache-06_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22118_none_a7612cac4a5ea0e2.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-g..validatefntcache-06_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.17130_none_a4d38ecd3432052f.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-font-truetype-calibri_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.17130_none_46cc128a0951a80d.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-g..validatefntcache-06_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.21329_none_a57100044d3f6a3e.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-font-truetype-calibri_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22118_none_4959b0691f7e43c0.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-font-truetype-calibri_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17959_none_48a5fc16067ff9cf.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-g..validatefntcache-06_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17959_none_a6ad7859316056f1.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-font-truetype-calibri_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.21329_none_476983c1225f0d1c.manifest
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_4_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_4_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_6_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_6_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_9_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_9_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_4_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_4_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_6_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_6_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_9_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_9_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat

Your SFC scan is apparently clear..

I'll post a fix protocol later for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/275300-windows-update-error-8007065e-update-kb2761217.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Been using Google and such for a couple months messing with it but cant get update to work. My girlfriend updated from Vista a while ago and I cant crack this! I have done all the differect things I could find from Microsoft to no avail. The fixit program finds something and says its fixed but still doesnt work.

Any ideas you all could give would be great! Thanks.

A:Update for Windows Update Error Code 800700B7

Hello bobo and welcome am no expert mate but take a look at this Windows update KB2532531 gets error code 800700B7 - Microsoft Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/278382-update-windows-update-error-code-800700b7.html
Relevancy 72.67%

ASUS Desktop PC CM Series Windows Home Premium SP -bit Core i GB RAM GB HDD Windows updates not working for a while Initial was B appearing in the Windows Update window when searching for updates Found bad memory using Memtest and pulled the stick Other stick no errors after passes Toshiba HDD installed Ran two different HDD diagnostics test on it and it passed No conflicts in device manager Now Windows Update window showing error Based upon instructions ran System Update Readiness Tool SURT but that appears to have not made any resolution Ran it twice to ensure it ran successfully Then ran the Windows Update Diagnostic diagcab from go Error Update 0x8007370B Windows & Error Windows Update 80070002 Diag microsoft com fwlink LinkID and it shows Windows Update error x Windows Update Error 80070002 & Windows Update Diag Error 0x8007370B B - - -T- P as NOT FIXED All other items in list shows as FIXED SFC scannow will not run displaying the message quot windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation quot I tried the same in a elevated prompt in normal windows and in safe mode with the same result No luck running Surface Scan Ran chkdsk r twice also Screen captures of both errors and CBS log file attached Any help is greatly appreciated In the meantime I will begin running some antimalware scans just in case Thanks for any assistance

A:Windows Update Error 80070002 & Windows Update Diag Error 0x8007370B

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data
If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

We need that data whether or not either CheckSUR or SFC complete.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/346188-windows-update-error-80070002-windows-update-diag-error-0x8007370b.html
Relevancy 70.09%

My windows and update search redirected Windows other search redirects different to results google, and being engines to other programs will not update and Windows update redirects to Google Any searches in google will redirect when I click on a link I have run Malwarebytes Superantisyware and Hyjackthis This is the latest Hijack this log I Windows update redirects to google, and other search results being redirected to different search engines would appreciate any help you can give me Thanks PaulLogfile of Windows update redirects to google, and other search results being redirected to different search engines Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati Windows update redirects to google, and other search results being redirected to different search engines evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system RunDll exeC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exeC WINDOWS mHotkey exeC WINDOWS CNYHKey exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exeC Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL ACT Binn sqlservr exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXEC Documents and Settings Paul Desktop HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ca red clientapps yahoo com customi search ie htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page www google caR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http lite rogers yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http rogers yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ca red clientapps yahoo com customi www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http ca red clientapps yahoo com customi www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http rogers yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http ca red clientapps yahoo com customi www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C PROGRA Yahoo common yiesrvc dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper ... Read more

A:Windows update redirects to google, and other search results being redirected to different search engines

Welcome to the BleepingComputer Forums. Since it has been a few days since you scanned your computer with HijackThis, we will need a new HijackThis log. If you have not already downloaded Random's System Information Tool (RSIT), please download Random's System Information Tool (RSIT) by random/random which includes a HijackThis log and save it to your desktop. If you have RSIT already on your computer, please run it again. Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT. Click Continue at the disclaimer screen. Please post the contents of log.txt. Thank you for your patience.Please see Preparation Guide for use before posting about your potential Malware problem. If you have already posted this log at another forum or if you decide to seek help at another forum, please let us know. There is a shortage of helpers and taking the time of two volunteer helpers means that someone else may not be helped. Please post your HijackThis log as a reply to this thread and not as an attachment. I am always leery of opening attachments so I always request that HijackThis logs are to be posted as a reply to the thread. I do not think that you are attaching anything scary but others may do so. While we are working on your HijackThis log, please: Reply to this thread; do not start another! Do not make any changes on your computer during the cleaning process or download/add programs on your computer unless instructed to do so. Do not run any other tool until instructed to do so! Let me know if any of the links do not work or if any of the tools do not work. Tell me about problems or symptoms that occur during the fix. Do not run any other programs or open any other windows while doing a fix. Ask any questions that you have regarding the fix(es), the infection(s), the performance of your computer, etc.Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/202484/windows-update-redirects-to-google-and-other-search-results-being-redirected-to-different-search-engines/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello, can someone please help me with my problems about Windows Update

I have tried to run Windows Update on my computer and received the following error message:
I have also tried Farbar Service Scanner and i got this file
Attachment 294790
Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

A:Help with Windows Update Error: Windows Update Services not running.

i have a similar problem here is my farbar file:
Please Help
Farbar Service Scanner Version: 23-11-2013
Ran by Safe (administrator) on 24-11-2013 at 12:02:44
Running from "C:\Users\Safe\Desktop"
Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 (X86)
Boot Mode: Normal

Internet Services:
============

Connection Status:
==============
Localhost is accessible.
LAN connected.
Google IP is accessible.
Google.com is accessible.
Yahoo.com is accessible.
Windows Firewall:
=============
mpsdrv Service is not running. Checking service configuration:
The start type of mpsdrv service is OK.
The ImagePath of mpsdrv service is OK.

MpsSvc Service is not running. Checking service configuration:
Checking Start type: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open MpsSvc registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ImagePath: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open MpsSvc registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ServiceDll: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open MpsSvc registry key. The service key does not exist.

bfe Service is not running. Checking service configuration:
Checking Start type: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open bfe registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ImagePath: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open bfe registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ServiceDll: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open bfe registry key. The service key does not exist.
Firewall Disabled Policy:
==================
"HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile" registry key does not exist.
System Restore:
============

System Restore Disabled Policy:
========================
Action Center:
============

wscsvc Service is not running. Checking service configuration:
Checking Start type: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open wscsvc registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ImagePath: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open wscsvc registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ServiceDll: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open wscsvc registry key. The service key does not exist.

Action Center Notification Icon =====> Unable to open HKLM\...\ShellServiceObjects\{F56F6FDD-AA9D-4618-A949-C1B91AF43B1A} key. The key does not exist.
Windows Update:
============
BITS Service is not running. Checking service configuration:
The start type of BITS service is OK.
The ImagePath of BITS service is OK.
The ServiceDll of BITS service is OK.
Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy:
============================
Windows Defender:
==============
WinDefend Service is not running. Checking service configuration:
Checking Start type: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open WinDefend registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ImagePath: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open WinDefend registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ServiceDll: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open WinDefend registry key. The service key does not exist.
Other Services:
==============
Checking Start type of iphlpsvc: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ImagePath of iphlpsvc: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ServiceDll of iphlpsvc: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key. The service key does not exist.

Checking Start type of SharedAccess: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to retrieve start type of SharedAccess. The value does not exist.
Checking ImagePath of SharedAccess: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to retrieve ImagePath of SharedAccess. The value does not exist.
Checking ServiceDll of SharedAccess: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to retrieve ServiceDll of SharedAccess. The value does not exist.
Checking FirewallRules of SharedAccess: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open "SharedAccess\Defaults\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules" registry key. The key does not exist.
Checking Firewa... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/312811-help-windows-update-error-windows-update-services-not-running.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Sorry to everyone.This report is an mistake. The PC which is fixed by Combofix is very well.The new problem PC is another.After all of steps in Thunder's post, WindowsUpdate is fixed.But My Neighborhood still can't work.I try to set another PC's IP as 192.168.0.1, and myself PC's IP as 192.168.0.2.Then ping 192.168.0.1, there is no request sent back.But when I ping my PC from another PC(ping 192.168.0.2), it's work.I can see my share folder from another PC, but can't see another PC on my PC.I try to reinstall network card driver, but no help.My PC can use PPPoE to connect Internet now.My system is WinXP-SP3How can I FIX this ?Thanx for help....

A:After "Windows Update error 80244019; DNS address 85.255.112.107, How to fix my Windows Update Error"

This report is an mistake.Thank you for letting us know. Since this issue seems to be resolved, this thread will now be closed.In case you experience any problems with the computer, please Start a new topic.Happy computing,Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/195023/after-windows-update-error-80244019;-dns-address-85255112107-how-to-fix-my-windows-update-error/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello all.
Running windows 10 pro 64 bit.
I've updated from Version 1511 to the anniversary update, 1607.
Or at least, I thought I did.
The update went well, no hiccups, no errors. Used windows update, let it downloaded and install and rebooted. Alas, system still shows OS Version 1511.
Used update again, same thing, rebooted, 1511.
Went to the windows site, downloaded the windows10upgrade9252.exe, ran it, same exact issue, rebooted, still showing version 1511.
Error logs show no issues. Disabled all external drives, turned off anti-virus, etc, repeated, rinsed, rebooted, still version 1511.
Only think I've not done is burned an ISO to DVD and updated from that.
Any clues as to what's going on?
Thanks!
Nelson Davis

A:windows 10 update from version 1511 to 1607 anniversary update - does not update

Can you check to see what OS version you have? Check in settings > system > OS build. It should show something like 14393.5 or 14393.10

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/434091-windows-10-update-version-1511-1607-anniversary-update-does-not-update.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I have had my Dell for little over 8.1: when partition." or couldn't 10 to reinstall operating update Error reserved message system to to system trying update We the Windows a year and have had problems from the beginning nbsp I am years old and I am at my wits end A hard drive was replaced in the summer of but I have still had problems with the computer shutting down and my having to refresh it to factory setting I thought updating to Windows would solve some problems and I did this in October nbsp Everything was fine until a couple of months ago nbsp The end result was when I tried to refresh the computer to factory defaults it went back to or and I evidently lost something in the process Now I cannot update to Windows and when I tried to resinstall the Dell Operating System I get for both nbsp quot WE COULDN T UPDATE THE SYSTEM RESERVED PARTITION quot I DO HAVE A SYSTEM BACKUP ON CDS MADE WHEN I HAD WINDOWS nbsp Could I reinstall the system with these backupdisks nbsp How do I do that nbsp I also have a Dell Boot USP stick I have a recovery stick too but it semed that when I used this I received a message that not all files were recovered What should I do at this point nbsp

A:Error message when trying to update to Windows 10 or to reinstall operating system 8.1: We couldn't update the system reserved partition."

On MBR disk, Windows 10 requires a 500MB system reserved partition, while 100MB in Windows 7, so you can try to extend system reserved partition.
In disk management, you can only extend partition using the unallocated space next to its right side. so even if you shrink D: drive, the option to extend the efi partition is still grayed out. My suggestion is to use a third party software, AOMEI Partition Assistant, both the standard (free) or the Professional(paid) version can extend partition as long as there is unallocated space on that hard drive. to see more information read:
Fix "We Couldn?t Update the System Reserved Partition" Error
www.disk-partition.com/.../couldnt-update-system-reserved-partition-4348.html

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19678612
Relevancy 68.8%

I can not update windows 7 64 what so ever, i always get this error code "80072EFD", what can i do to sort this? it says a program might be preventing it etc.

A:Windows Update Error (Can Never Update)

Hello Raymond,

This may be able to help fix this error for you. It will give you a few options to try.

Windows Update error 80072efd

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/170212-windows-update-error-can-never-update.html
Relevancy 68.8%

My windows update stopped working with error code i couldn't see any anwers to. Also my messenger no longer works with my video camera.

I re-installed windows 7 32bit, thinking this would rectify this, but alas after the first downloading and installing of updates then the office updates I now get error.

"Error(s) found:
Code 8007273D Windows Update encountered an unknown error."

So it last checked and installed updated last Tuesday 6/4/10 when I Re-installed windows.

Live messenger wont use my webcam says errors too (tried to d'load it again but got similar error to this one, which is why I am including it - I did a system restore to get messenger back).

A:Windows Update error after first update

See this thread.

8007273d widows 7 update problem

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/77592-windows-update-error-after-first-update.html
Relevancy 68.37%

hello friend..

I cannot update windows 10 to anniversary update. Every time I check for update, this came out

"We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet."

I am connected to internet, Mozilla firefox is ok, utorrent is ok, everything is fine except windows update.
I have try disable the firewall, turn off windows defender, disable antivirus, none of it work.
I downloaded windows10 update assistant, did not work.
I don't know what is blocking windows update form connecting to internet.

Any suggestion? or perhaps solution.

Thank You.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/62813-unable-update-windows-update-cannot-connect-update-service.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Greetings!
I have an Optiplex 9010 AIO. This morning I was trying to update the BIOS of my system, from A10 to A13. During the update process it showed an error: "ME FW Update Failed: Internal error: FWU_Buffer " - please see the photo below. Although the update failed on the Management Engine part, it still boots up and running OK. I tried couple of times to update the BIOS, and each time I got the same error. I tried to flash the A12 and A11 BIOS as well, A12 gives same error, and A11 has the same Management Engine version hence no use.
Any help on this is very much appreciated!

A:Optiplex 9010 AIO BIOS Update Error - ME FW Update Failed: Internal error: FWU_Buffer

Hi Stone3t,
Can you provide a screen shot showing the current BIOS version?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19534388
Relevancy 67.94%

help i am trying to update my vista 32 bit and when the program is searching for a update, i get the error code and it says " windows update encountered an unknown error." code 80070424 please help me solve my problem

A:Help! update search failed error code 80070424

Please read thoroughly this one:Windows Update Error 80070424

If described steps are too hard to follow then please prepare log from VistaSysInfoTool (select all) VistaForums SysInfo Tool

Log attache to post

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/261987-help-update-search-failed-error-code-80070424-a.html
Relevancy 67.08%

OK I need help I get this message when I try WU. It was working fine the bam all of a sudden error.
windows update error 80070424 in Windows Update

I Googled it but can't seem to find a fix.

A:Windows update error 80070424 in Windows Update

Try this.

Click Start- select run- type: regsvr32 wuaueng.dll press OK
What are the updates you're trying to install?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/1347-windows-update-error-80070424-windows-update.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Windows continually fails to update this module:
Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2952664) -I have retried over and over, it continues to fail.
Error in windows update is:
Error: "WindowsUpdate_00003701" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"
So far there has been no solution provided.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b49b8eaa-3101-4ce8-815a-1f1ebf05bce5/windows-update-fails-installing-update-for-windows-7-for-x64based-systems-kb2952664-with-error?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 66.22%

Same problem here. Checking for updates never ends. Both in Vista and Windows 7.

A:Windows Update Search

Windows Update site problem.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/611068/windows-update-search/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello- I'm fixing a Windows laptop for a friend and I've run into a big stumbling block I can't use the Find Files or Folders tool Each time I try to use Cannot update or search Windows... it the computer locks up and must be rebooted This may be completely unrelated but I also cannot download the ActiveX control that would allow me to use Windows Update I Cannot search or update Windows... am aware of viruses and spyware on this computer and I'm in the process of getting rid of Cannot search or update Windows... them but I'm worried that the searching ActiveX issues may be file corruption rather than a symptom of virus or spyware infection Any help Cannot search or update Windows... would be appreciated HijackThis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SE Win x A MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS SYSTEM ATI EVXX EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXE C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C PROGRAM FILES GRISOFT AVG FREE AVGCC EXE C PROGRAM FILES GRISOFT AVG FREE AVGEMC EXE C PROGRAM FILES GRISOFT AVG FREE AVGAMSVR EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES MICROSOFT SHARED WORKS SHARED WKCALREM EXE C PROGRAM FILES WINZIP WZQKPICK EXE C WINDOWS DESKTOP HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Verizon Online R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride F - win ini run HPFsched O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - F F -AF - d - - B F E - C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO COMPANION YCOMP DLL O - BHO BestOffers Shopping BHO - F DE ADB- A - e - AB- C E D - C PROGRAM FILES TBONAS TBONLCHR DLL O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHELPER DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar amp Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO COMPANION YCOMP DLL O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - Toolbar BestOffers Shopping v - FD - DF - - F- BD D E - C PROGRAM FILES TBONAS TBONLCHR DLL O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA GRISOFT AVGFRE AVGCC EXE STARTUP O - HKLM Run AVG EMC C PROGRA GRISOFT AVGFRE AVGEMC EXE O - HKLM Run AVG AMSVR C PROGRA GRISOFT AVGFRE AVGAMSVR EXE O - HKLM RunServices ATIPOLAB ati evxx exe O - HKLM RunServices LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM RunServices SchedulingAgent mstask exe O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager C PROGRA YAHOO MESSEN ypager exe -quiet O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot c Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - Startup Resolution Assistant lnk C Program Files DELL Resolution Assistant MotiveAssistant bin matcli exe O - Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Startup Microsoft Works Calendar Reminders lnk C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared wkcalrem exe O - Startup WinZip Quick Pick lnk C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE O - Startup Verizon Online Support Center lnk C Program Files Verizon Online bin matcli exe O - Extra context menu item amp Define - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Reference A ERS DEF HTM O - Extra context menu item Look Up in amp Encyclopedia - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Reference A ERS ENC HTM O - Extra button Encarta Encyclopedia - FDEF - - D -A E- DBED - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Reference A ERS ENC HTM O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Encarta Encyclopedia - FDEF - - D -A E- DBED - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Reference A ERS ENC HTM O - Extra button Define - DA DE - A- D -A E- DBED - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Reference A ERS DEF HTM O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Define - DA DE - A- D -A E- DBED - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Reference A ERS DEF HTM O - Extra button no name - CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - no file O - Extra button Messenge... Read more

A:Cannot search or update Windows...

Please print the below instructions or copy them to Notepad.

Restart your computer and boot into Safe Mode (if you don't know how, go to http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/foru...howtutorial=61 ). Make sure to close any internet browsers that may still be open.

Uninstall the following via the Add/Remove Panel (Start->Settings->Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs) if found:

Ebates
TBonas

Run a scan in HijackThis. Check each of the following if they still exist and hit 'Fix Checked' after you checked the last one:

O2 - BHO: BestOffers Shopping BHO - {F5DE8ADB-4A69-4e56-96AB-823171C8E9D8} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\TBONAS\TBONLCHR.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: BestOffers Shopping v1.20 - {7FD44536-9DF0-4034-939F-5BD4D98E3187} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\TBONAS\TBONLCHR.DLL
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] C:\PROGRA~1\YAHOO!\MESSEN~1\ypager.exe -quiet
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "c:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O4 - Startup: Microsoft Works Calendar Reminders.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\wkcalrem.exe
O4 - Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
O9 - Extra button: Ebates - {6685509E-B47B-4f47-8E16-9A5F3A62F683} - file://C:\PROGRAM FILES\EBATES_MOEMONEYMAKER\Sy350\Tp350\scri350a.ht m (file missing) (HKCU)
O16 - DPF: {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-DEFA-EB76B1D5FA7D} - http://www.reciperewards.com/bundles/reciperewards.cab

Locate the following Files/Folders and delete them if they exist (if no location given, just do a search for them):

C:\PROGRAM FILES\TBONAS\
C:\PROGRAM FILES\EBATES_MOEMONEYMAKER\

Restart and see if you can run the Panda scan:

Perform an online scan with Internet Explorer at Panda ActiveScan http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/activescan.htm

* Click on 'Scan your PC' button. There should be a popup - if you have a pop-up blocker, make sure it's not blocking it.
* Click 'Check Now' & a pop-up window will appear.
* Enter your Country, State and E-mail Address & click 'Scan Now' - begin downloading Panda's ActiveX controls (8 MB size).
* Begin the scan by selecting My Computer.
* If it finds any malware, it will offer you a report. Ignore any entry it finds (since it wants you to buy the program for removal) as we will address this later.
* Click on see report. Then click Save report.
* Post that log in your next reply along with a new HijackThis log.

Test out the Windows Update site now.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/cannot-search-or-update-windows-103731.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Search Results

I am trying to update from Windows 10 OS Build 10586.589 to the Anniversary Update but my computer freezes at 1% progress. I have tried everything I can think of including: Unplugging all extra SATA drives except my main SSD, unplugging my wireless network adapter, unplugging all USB devices (even mouse and keyboard), removing old drivers and updating outdated ones, and installing the update through a USB flash drive. It always gets to the same part and freezes until I shutdown my computer and lose no data.

You can see pictures of the frozen screen here: http://imgur.com/a/PseoH.
Reddit thread (Took the guys advice on there): Windows 10 Anniversary Update Freeze : Windows10
Hopefully someone can give me some guidance on how to fix this as I've tried everything I can think of. Thanks!

Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0
CPU: AMD FX-8320 (OC)
GPU: EVGA GTX 750 SC OS
SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120 GB SSD

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/63726-cannot-update-windows-10-anniversary-update-freeze-during-update.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I am having a problem with windows update. It will not search for any updates, whenever I try to get it to search for updates it finds an error code 80070422. I have tried microsoft fixit tool and the report says Repair default Windows Update locations Not Run. I am thinking maybe resetting windows update locations could help, but I don't know how to do that manually. I have also tried restarting services required by windows update, which did nothing. I also scanned for viruses. Any help would be appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-cannot-search-for-updates.1040653/
Relevancy 65.36%

I have Vista ultimate and since early December 2008, I have not been able to get MS updates. Instead I get an error message code 80070026, unable to search for updates. BTW, it's a Dell XPS M1330 computer, recently purchased in July 2008. I have both McAfee and Windows Defender, which get regular updates. MS techies have not been able to resolve problem and I'm stuck.

A:Unable to search Windows Update

Hi there! Thank you for using Bleeping Computer as your source of help today. If I saw clearly, you are having problems installing updates on Windows Vista.I will request that you do both things listed.1. Please tell me if you are currently running Service Pack 1 of Windows Vista.2. My first evaluation of this situation is that you may have a Windows Installer error. Please do the following step-by-step:1. Select Start > Run.2. In the Open box, type CMD. In the black box please enter the following text:msiexec /unreg3. When this process is complete, please type the following in the same window of CMD:msiexec /regserver5. Restart the computer, then recheck for updates.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/215410/unable-to-search-windows-update/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi,
I have a problem with my laptop, windows 7 home premium.
When I try to search for updates, it seems to scan my computer, then after 2,3 minutes, i get the message stating "windows could not search for new updates.
unknown error,
code 80072EECan you help please, thankyou,
Roger

A:Solved: Cant search for windows update

Hello'
i fixed the above problem by using system restore. thanks again for the problems you have solved in the past. Roger

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-search-for-windows-update.915909/
Relevancy 65.36%

HOn my girlfriend s laptop I ran a virus scan a couple of days ago using AVG and found the following virus cryptic ajt trojanAVG seemed to have dealt with it and a subsequent scan revealed nothing I tried to connect to windows update to make sure windows was up to date and found I could not unable Search.php windows update use to and connect I tried several attempts both using google and the windows update Search.php and unable to use windows update tool but with no sucess Further investigation revealed random attempts to connect to various search sites all called search php which had been happening for about a month I assume the laptop is infected with some kind of malware which I am unable to remove I have run the various files that you request before posting the topic so I hope I have done everything that you need to help me on my journey to rid the laptop of this bug Thanks in advance appricate any help you can give me DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Julie Mussack at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF FW ZoneAlarm Firewall enabled BDA - B - F - -F FCFF F B Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroupC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exesvchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exesvchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField IswSvc exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exesvchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC WINDOWS system dlcfcoms exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files TomTom HOME TomTomHOMEService exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC WINDOWS stsystra exeC Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exeC WINDOWS system KADxMain exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxWatchTray exeC Program Files Roxio Drag-to-Disc DrgToDsc exeC Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files TomTom HOME TomTomHOMERunner exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exeC Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM CPSHelpRunner exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilterC Documents and Settings Julie Mussack Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Bar hxxp www google com hws sb dell-usuk en side html channel uk-smbuStart Page hxxp www google co uk uURLSearchHooks ZoneAlarm Toolbar f e d- da - c -a c -dd b acd - c program files zonealarm tbZone dllBHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO ZoneAlarm Toolbar f e d- da - c -a c -dd b acd - c program files zonealarm tbZone dllBHO E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - No FileBHO ZoneAlarm Security Engine Registrar a a c - - d c-bd d- cb eed e - c program files checkpoint zaforcefield trustchecker bin TrustCheckerIEPlugin dllBHO CBrowserHelperObject Object ca c - b - e-a -a c db f - c program files dell bae BAE dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files... Read more

A:Search.php and unable to use windows update

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. You can subscribe by clicking the Options box to the right of your topic title and selecting Track This Topic.Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/332412/searchphp-and-unable-to-use-windows-update/
Relevancy 65.36%

After updating it says to reboot but after rebooting it says "not configured right-reverting".I tried many times to update but i was not lucky.It does not tell any error code.OS is vista ultimate x64 with SP1.Anybody can help,please?

A:Update KB 940157 Windows Search 4.0

I just downloaded it with out an issue

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/169731-update-kb-940157-windows-search-4-0-a.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Can someone help me with some issues please?

1. Windows update and Help&Support Centre for windows vista do not work at all. Why? How to fix them?
2. AVG search security has been removed from C drive programme files but keeps coming back when restart the computer. Please help how to remove permanently.
3. Unable to uninstall AVG toolbars from Control Panel at all. What is wrong with the windows and caused the problem that unable to unistall some programme we do not want it. Please assist.

Many thanks in advance.
Cheers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-avg-search-security.1092488/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi,
when I try to find Windows Update via Windows Search (or via search inside Settings window), no such option is found. It's similar with some other settings.

It worked fine, but now it does not. I've tried rebuilding search index, but with no luck.

Any ideas how to fix it? Thanks.

A:Search not finding Windows Update

Hi, basics, can you navigate to it successfully? Settings, Update & Security, Windows Update

The search in Settings depends on Users (under C: ) being included in Indexed Locations.
Check (Windows key + X, Control Panel, Indexing Options....)

Hope that helps.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/38640-search-not-finding-windows-update.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi,
when I try to find Windows Update via Windows Search (or via search inside Settings window), no such option is found. It's similar with some other settings.

It worked fine, but now it does not. I've tried rebuilding search index, but with no luck.

Any ideas how to fix it? Thanks.

A:Search not finding Windows Update

Hi, basics, can you navigate to it successfully? Settings, Update & Security, Windows Update

The search in Settings depends on Users (under C: ) being included in Indexed Locations.
Check (Windows key + X, Control Panel, Indexing Options....)

Hope that helps.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/38640-search-not-finding-windows-update.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I'm having no luck installing KB2977629 (Cumulative Security Update IE11). I repeatedly get the error 8007371B.

SURT installs with no errors. SFC /SCANNOW runs with no errors. I am uploading the requested screenshots and ZIP file.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!!!!

PS- well, I WAS uploading. My screencaptures upload great, but my CBS.zip fails with "Server error 500".
My zip file is 9.6mb-- over the 8mb limit. What can I delete from the directory to get under the 8mb limit?

Attachment 333111
Attachment 333112

A:Update Error Code 80073712-Cumulative Security Update IE11, Win 7(64)

I've found a way to get the CBS zip uploaded. I divided it into 4 parts. All of the CBS folder's files are included. Sorry I didn't see this earlier.

Attachment 333122
Attachment 333123
Attachment 333124
Attachment 333121

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/345380-update-error-code-80073712-cumulative-security-update-ie11-win-7-64-a.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Here's will 800B0100 not Code details: update. Important Error Update Vista another tricky one This important security update will not update It is only Kb Microsoft says it is caused by a virus problem I have Norton installed Norton say it is Vista Important Update will not update. Error details: Code 800B0100 not a Vista Important Update will not update. Error details: Code 800B0100 virus Microsoft say pay us to fix it I say I can't afford to pay that for something when I have no way of knowing exactly what the problem really is This has been going on since November All the other updates are installed immediately but not this one Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework SP on Windows Vista SP and Windows Server SP x KB Installation date PM Installation status Failed Error details Code B Update type Important A security issue has Vista Important Update will not update. Error details: Code 800B0100 been identified in a Microsoft software product that could affect your system You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft For a complete listing of the issues that are included in this update see the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article After you install this update you may have to restart your system More information MS - Description of the security update for the NET Framework Service Pack for Windows Vista Service Pack and Windows Server Service Pack October Just noticed this more recent one failed to update - Security Update for Windows Vista KB Installation date PM Installation status Failed Error details Code F Update type Important A security issue has been identified in a Microsoft software product that could affect your system You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft For a complete listing of the issues that are included in this update see the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article After you install this update you may have to restart your system More information MS - Description of the security update for USB drivers October Help and Support Microsoft Support Any ideas please

A:Vista Important Update will not update. Error details: Code 800B0100

That error is not caused by a virus, it is caused by a file corruption
The readiness tool can correct the problem in many situations
What is the System Update Readiness Tool? - Windows Help

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/303686-vista-important-update-will-not-update-error-details-code-800b0100.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Running Windows Home Premium x Cannot update attempting to upgrade to Win professional Discovered automatic updates were fried for some time and the system did not install home 8007370B error cannot update, fails, Win7 update SP1. - have SP which is apparently required for the upgrade I see similar threads each seems to require advanced individual registry repair Win7 home update fails, error 8007370B - cannot update, install SP1. so starting my own - if there is a generic fix please reply with it and I can give it a shot I have tried the normal tools to fix without change- see below Symptoms Windows updates fails with an error code B - Windows Update encountered an unknown error I have run SURT several times successfully I have run Fixit MicrosoftFixit wu LB Run Each returns 'Repair Windows Update components' Win7 home update fails, error 8007370B - cannot update, install SP1. and 'Windows Update components must be repaired' All claim to have fixed the problem no change naturally Attempted Win7 home update fails, error 8007370B - cannot update, install SP1. to run SFC scannow from an elevated prompt and it fails with 'Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation' Same behavior when attempted from Safe Boot Downloaded and attempted to install SP locally both the all platforms version and the Win x version Both fail with errors Ran the Norton remover tool and Macafee remover tool - think Norton came with the system but was never activated ran the Macafee remover tool just to be sure Have renamed the Softwareupdate folder without any change Uploaded CBS logs Download CBS zip from Sendspace com - send big files the easy way

A:Win7 home update fails, error 8007370B - cannot update, install SP1.

See most of the repairs require the components file as well

Download COMPONENTS.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/281843-win7-home-update-fails-error-8007370b-cannot-update-install-sp1.html
Relevancy 64.93%

My problems are essentially those expressed in many previous posts but specifically this one here was most pertinent aside from the specific updates of course Win x - Unable to Update Error b Here is a list of the updates that are giving me trouble Important LIST Security Update for Windows for x -based Multiple Win7 / Failures to Error x64 Unable Update, Update 800b010 - Systems KB Optional but I am pretty sure I need a couple of them to fix other non-Win issues Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB I too have followed all the steps mentioned in the post I have cited and have attached the same documentation as well in hopes of expediting a solution Ultimately my Multiple Update Failures / Win7 x64 - Unable to Update, Error 800b010 hope was that some kind soul would be willing Multiple Update Failures / Win7 x64 - Unable to Update, Error 800b010 and able to provide a customized solution similar to what the previous poster CoolStory received Multiple Update Failures / Win7 x64 - Unable to Update, Error 800b010 from the user niemiro Thanks in advance and will be sure to check back shortly

A:Multiple Update Failures / Win7 x64 - Unable to Update, Error 800b010

From the SFC report, it looks like it found a couple of errors in the .NET 3.5 installation - and fixed them (together with a faulty bmp file)
Have you also run a CHKDSK? - often a random error can indicat file system problems, so it would be worth running CHKDSK C: /R and seeing if that helps.

Niemiro hopefully will be around later to assist - but there's nothing in your reports that suggests anything specific he can do.s

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/212429-multiple-update-failures-win7-x64-unable-update-error-800b010.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Error(s) found:
"Code 80070663 windows updater encountered an known error" when I
tried to update microsoft .net framework 3.5 family update (kb959209) x86 for windows vista 32 bit.

What should I do? I have tried to install this update many times but still getting same error. Thanks in advance for help.

Bela

A:error code 80070663 when I tried to update microsoft .net framework 3.5 family update

bela2020:

You didn't say, so I'll ask, have you done the net3.5 Service Pack 1 update?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/241823-error-code-80070663-when-i-tried-update-microsoft-net-framework-3-5-family-update.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Today it was an attempt to update Microsoft Security Essentials. Error code 80070005. Aaaaarrrggghhh

A:Update error 8007005 with microsoft security essentials update

Bardos mate are you the only user ie the administrator? see this windows update error 80070005 < typical of a few Google hits.

This thread too might have been better in the Updates section too mate as therein lie the members who are most likely to help out. But no matter I am sure someone will eventually see it that knows more than I do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/336371-update-error-8007005-microsoft-security-essentials-update.html
Relevancy 64.93%

So I started off at http www bleepingcomputer com forums t windows-update-stuck-at- -downloading but have been directed here as my problem is no long er malware related The problem is I've been trying to upgrade to windows but I do not have the reserve a copy icon on not Windows for Update loop updates search could my taskbar I found this was due to some uninstalled updates Windows Update could not search for updates loop from windows update Previously my update bar was stuck at progress but this was fixed Now when I launch windows update I get the message Install new Windows Update could not search for updates loop Windows update software i click install now and the program closes and relaunches and displays the error message Windows could not search for new updates Error code F F I click try again and the message Install new Windows Update could not search for updates loop Windows update software appears again Basically i can keep following the instructions and loop around continuously I've tried a Sfc scan with a result of no integral violations Any help will be appreciated EDIT I'm on windows home premium with service pack -bit OS

A:Windows Update could not search for updates loop

Try the procedures at http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/windows-update-error-800f081f .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/591515/windows-update-could-not-search-for-updates-loop/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have read lots of threads by people with the same problems, and sadly I need the same sort of fix. I have run the fix-it tool and the System Readiness fix to no avail. Examining the files listed in the checksur.log reveals they are empty, with binary zeros.

I have attached my checksur.log file for your viewing pleasure.

Many thanks in advance for any help rendered.

Peter

A:Windows Update - Could not search for new updates 0x800B0100

did you run this fixit?
Error 0x800B0100 when you try to install Windows Updates or Microsoft Updates

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/257176-windows-update-could-not-search-new-updates-0x800b0100.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi,

After downloading the 8.1 update, I have had loads of errors coming up in my event log all to do with 'The Windows Search service terminated unexpectedly'.

I had turned the indexing off a while ago as it slowed the system down to much, so I have no need to rebuild it, but I don't know what I should do as it is only since that update and I haven't done anything else.

Also getting exception breakpoint errors popping up to do with PhotosApp.exe ???

Any thoughts please? Really don't want to wipe my PC and reinstall Windows 8!!!

Thanks

A:Windows Search Service Errors with 8.1 Update

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  When the  FileHippo website opens, click on Download latest version in the upper left pane.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

• List last 10 Event Viewer log
• List Installed Programs
• List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
• List Minidump Files

Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, copy it and paste it in your next post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511314/windows-search-service-errors-with-81-update/
Relevancy 64.93%

I had this error for months now,and i cant update my windows properly and i had try the windows update readiness tools and the fix it. and both had some weird error.
the screenshot is below.

I am using the Windows 7 HP 64bit
http://www.**************/?omrg8cabto05rct

A:Windows 7 could not search for new update code 800b0100

Hello blitzshockz and welcome to the forums

Can you post the requested information please?

Tom

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/286227-windows-7-could-not-search-new-update-code-800b0100.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Help me I can't search for new update with eror code c0000022
And My laptop Restarting every two hours

A:Windows Could Not Search For New Update With Code c0000022

Uninstall all 3rd party antivirus and firewall programs in safe mode with their special tool(s).

Reboot to normal mode.

Set the Windows Defender and Windows Firewall services to Automatic and start them too.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/6024-windows-could-not-search-new-update-code-c0000022.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I was searching for a file, and the search results brought up several files with similar names. It showed one of the files as being in its old location (I had moved it to another folder more than a month ago). Is there a way to "update" or "refresh" the Windows Explorer search results so that it doesn't bring up old locations of files?

A:Is there a way to update the Windows Explorer search results?

Is there a way to force Windows Search to index?

Choose "rebuild"

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/285795-there-way-update-windows-explorer-search-results.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I read the Prep Guide but could not run gmer When I did I got blue screen saying something about kernel something I Update No & Windows + Search Myway I-play can run it again if you need the exact I-play & Myway Search + No Windows Update message I have Installed update and ran the following Avast AV MAlwarebytes Ad-aware Spybot s amp d Spywareblaster CCleaner Advanced System Care They fixed quite a bit of problems but I m sure there are still some hidden ones Like I said in the title I-play and Myway search are present and I cant use windows update When I go to the windows update site using IE I get Error number x I tried using Microsofts suggested repairs to no avail Thanks in advance My DDs log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Maria Tobar at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live Anti-Virus Enabled Updated A C F E - FDE- -AFAE- EFC EDE AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare PMonitor exe C Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare ASCService exe svchost exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Canon IJPLM IJPLMSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Netscape Internet Service ncupdatesvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C Program Files AVAST Software Avast avastUI exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uSearch Page hxxp www google com uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf mWinlogon SFCDisable - xffffff d BHO avast WebRep e e -ad d- bf-ac d-d f d - c program files avast software avast aswWebRepIE dll TB C - F - -B A - EE - No File TB amp Windows Live Toolbar fa ef- d- d - b f- a d - c program files windows live toolbar wltcore dll TB D -D - -BAB -AB A - No File TB avast WebRep e e -ad d- bf-ac d-d f d - c program files avast software avast aswWebRepIE dll TB C B - - D - B - A CD F - No File TB D F B - - AF- -B FA D E - No File TB BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - No File TB DE C F- - A - B-AA ED D - No File EB Real com fe fa -d c- d - fa- c f afe - c windows system Shdocvw dll uRunOnce FlashPlayerUpdate c windows system macromed flash NPSWF FlashUtil exe -p mRun igfxtray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun igfxhkcmd c windows system hkcmd exe mRun igfxpers c windows system igfxpers exe mRun DLA c windows system dla DLACTRLW EXE mRun avast quot c program files avast software avast avastUI exe quot nogui mRun DLCCCATS rundll c windows system spool drivers w x DLCCtime dll RunDLLEntry dRun DWQueuedReporting quot c progra common micros dw dwtrig exe quot -t dRun MySpaceIM c program files myspace im MySpaceIM exe dRun c program files broderbund mavis beacon deluxe - th anniversary edition regapp encore reg exe r quot c program files broderbund mavis beacon deluxe - th anniversary edition regapp encore reg rpd quot dRun Exetender quot c program files free ride games GPlayer exe quot runonstartup dRunOnce RealUpgradeHelper quot c program files common files real update ob upgrdhlp exe quot quot RealNetworks RealPlayer quot IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE C - CB - a-A C -D ... Read more

A:I-play & Myway Search + No Windows Update

Good evening. ;)The first thing you need to do is to remove one of your anti-virus programs - the rule is one active resident scanner per machine. Either Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live or avast! Antivirus has to go.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Once you've done the above, do the below and post accordingly:Take a trip to this webpage for download links and instructions for running Combofix by sUBs: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix * When prompted to save Combofix, change the filename BEFORE saving it - any name will do, as long as it has .exe at the end. Please be aware that this tool may require the PC to be rebooted so close any programs you have open before you start. When CF has finished, it will produce a log - C:\ComboFix.txt - copy and paste Let me know how the PC is behaving.* There are two points to note from the instructions page:1) The Recovery Console.It is recommended that you install this as, in certain circumstances, it may be the difference between a successful repair and a reformat. If you are uncertain as to whether or not you already have the Recovery Console installed, simply run CF and it will prompt you if it does not detect it.CF will complete some, but not all, of it's removal tasks without the installation of the Console, so you are free to choose whether you want to complete this step, but it is in your interests to do so.2) Disabling your Anti-Virus.CF has been the victim of false-positive detections on occasion and a resident AV may incorrectly identify and delete part of the tool which won't do it much good. If you don't disable your AV, you may not get the results you hoped for!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/413528/i-play-myway-search-no-windows-update/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi guys I am new here so please tell me if I am not following proper protocol here System is a relative s netbook That means no dvd drive and no Windows install DVD Here is what I know -Cannot even enable Windows Firewall -No CD Emulation programs Search Redirects, Windows Update failing installed -GMer scan can only includes Services Registry Files and ADS checked I am unable to check System Sections Devices Search Redirects, Windows Update failing Modules Processes Threads and Libraries -Have trouble even getting some anti-malware programs to even load yet alone run -Some files may have been hidden or marked read-only by this infection -Windows updates have been failing -Because Windows updates keeps failing there Search Redirects, Windows Update failing are no more non-infected restore points -Search results are being redirected I would appreciate any help you guys can give me Thanks so much Here is the DDS txt DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer Run by Owner at on - - Microsoft Windows Starter GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated DAC -C - B -BB - DA SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated ABEC DA -E C- F - B -AA E D BDD SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS c Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware MsMpEng exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf x neutral fa b bf STacSV exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf x neutral fa b bf aestsrv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs c Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware NisSrv exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Intel IntelAppStore bin serviceManager exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows explorer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system REGSVR exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page about Tabs uDefault Page URL hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en US amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cnnb mDefault Page URL hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en US amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cnnb mStart Page hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en US amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cnnb uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uURLSearchHooks AOL Messaging Toolbar Search Class f - dc - -bc - e fefafe - c program files aim toolbar aimtb dll mURLSearchHooks AOL Messaging Toolbar Search Class f - dc - -bc - e fefafe - c program files aim toolbar aimtb dll BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer c e -b - bc - - c ca - c programdata real realplayer browserrecordplugin ie rpbrowserrecordplugin dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Windo... Read more

A:Search Redirects, Windows Update failing

Hello thelaw and welcome to the forums!My secret agent name on the forums is SweetTech (you can call me ST for short), it's a pleasure to meet you. I'll be addressing you by your username, if you'd like me to address you by something else, please let me know!I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems.If you have since resolved the issues you were originally experiencing, or have received help elsewhere, please inform me so that this topic can be closed. If you have not, please adhere to the guidelines below and then follow instructions as outlined further below:Logs from malware removal programs (OTL is one of them) can take some time to analyze. I need you to be patient while I analyze any logs you post. Please remember, I am a volunteer, and I do have a life outside of these forums.
Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you. Attention to detail is important! Since I cannot see or directly interact with your computer I am dependent on you to "be my eyes" and provide as much information as you can regarding the current state of your computer.
If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, do NOT continue! Stop and ask!
In Windows Vista and Windows 7, all tools need to be started by right clicking and selecting Run as Administrator!
If I instruct you to download a specific tool in which you already have, please delete the copy that you have and re-download the tool. The reason I ask you to do this is because these tools are updated fairly regularly.
Do not do things I do not ask for, such as running a spyware scan on your computer. The one thing that you should always do, is to make sure sure that your anti-virus definitions are up-to-date!
Please do not use the Attachment feature for any log file. Do a Copy/Paste of the entire contents of the log file and submit it inside your post.
I am going to stick with you until ALL malware is gone from your system. I would appreciate it if you would do the same. From this point, we're in this together ;)

Because of this, you must reply within 3 days failure to reply will result in the topic being closed! I like chocolate chip cookies.Lastly, I am no magician. I will try very hard to fix your issues, but no promises can be made. Also be aware that some infections are so severe that you might need to resort to reformatting and reinstalling your operating system or even taking your computer into a repair shop.

Don't worry, this only happens in severe cases, but it sadly does happen. Be prepared to back up your data and have means of backing up your data available.____________________________________________________It appears you're infected with an infection known as ZeroAccess.ZeroAccess (Max++) Rootkit (aka: Sirefef) is a sophisticated rootkit that uses advanced technology to hide its presence in a system and can infect both x86 and x64 platforms. ZeroAccess is similar to the TDSS rootkit but has more self-protection mechanisms that can be used to disable anti-virus software resulting in "Access Denied" messages whenever you run a security application. For more specific information about this infection, please refer to:Dissecting the ZeroAccess RootkitZeroAccess / Max++ / Smiscer Crimeware RootkitMAX++ sets its sights on x64 platformsZeroAccess (Max++) RootkitZeroAccess Gets Another UpdateZeroAccess ? an advanced kernel mode rootkitNEXT: One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan and password stealer.This type of infection allows hackers to access and remotely control your computer, log keystrokes, steal critical system information, and download and execute files without your knowledge.If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it contains any other sensitive information, then from a clean computer, change all passwor... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/451623/search-redirects-windows-update-failing/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello I m a system admin and I have an employees work computer that has a search page redirect Also they are unable to go to Browser use Update Windows redirects can't search and windows update and it looks like this may have been for some time I ve dealt with a lot of rootkits before similar to this but I have always been able to clean them up thanks to your site and admins posts However in this case I can t seem to get rid of it I have run rootrepeal McAfee Root detective we Browser search redirects and can't use Windows Update also use McAfee Enterprise and rootreveal spybot combofix Ad-Aware HJT MBAM mbr TDLfix GMER new MVPS host file and more Most attempts were based on the directions of what was posted by admins here All the data was backed up so losing everything and reinstalling would not be a problem However I prefer to learn by doing and I want to know how to handle this one going forward Also another computer seems to have the same symptoms and reformatting THAT one is an absolute last resort OK enough small talk here we go The computer runs XP Professional with SP and IE It also had Opera but I uninstalled that and other programs not needed At work we use an Oracle Forms app that limits our browser and java choices due to compatability For example IE and Java do not work so we need to use lesser versions like IE The ComboFix did ran fine and said it needed to reboot after rootkit activity The log said that PCIIDE SYS was infected and cleaned However after rebooting the redirects remained I also ran Combofix twice in a row and it still found the rootkit for PCIIDE SYS GMER also revealed issues with ATAPI SYS quot suspicious modification of atapi sys quot and I replaced both with clean disk copies I check versions too and still the same problems MBAM Spybot McAfee Ad-Aware etc have not found anything I know I should have come to the experts here before the attempts but since I always was able to clean up viruses and spyware before I didn t want to admit defeat well now I admit defeat Again my attempts did follow the steps posted for similar problems Also MBAM realtime does decrease redirects by catching attempts to sites like and I checked the hosts file no entries but did change it to the MVP hosts file As of right now I have MBAM with realtime protection McAfee Enterprise and HiJack this installed I uninstalled Ad-Aware Spybot Combofix etc I hope I didn t ramble too much John PS - I m not the OTS admin so I don t set security policies for all our computers I m more a dba and database admin so I hope I don t get yelled at here for some crappy virus spyware protection policies I certainly going to improve them now for our department

A:Browser search redirects and can't use Windows Update

Hello and welcome. I feel it would be best to get a deeper look and have our Malware Removal Team ID the problem.Please go here....Preparation Guide ,do steps 6 - 9.Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9 which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.Include your ComboFix log.Let me know if that went well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323931/browser-search-redirects-and-cant-use-windows-update/
Relevancy 64.93%

Malwarebytes Superantispyware AVG and MaFee Security Center cannot find the problem Can you Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Update Search Results redirected, No Windows XP SP WinNT Search Results redirected, No Windows Update MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost Search Results redirected, No Windows Update exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC WINDOWS csasvc exeC WINDOWS csifcsvc exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaantmon exeC Program Files Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exeC Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exeC PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exec PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exec PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exeC Program Files McAfee MSK MskSrver exeC Program Files TrippLite PowerAlert engine pal exeC Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system svchost exec PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC WINDOWS stsystra exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXEC WINDOWS system NILaunch exeC Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exeC Program Files Brother ControlCenter brctrcen exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exeC Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exeC Program Files Logitech QuickCam Quickcam exeC Program Files Qwest Quickcare bin sprtcmd exeC Program Files Qwest Personal Digital Vault QwestPersonalDigitalVault exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exeC Program Files Yahoo Search Protection SearchProtection exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files Karen s Power Tools Replicator PTReplicator exeC Program Files TrippLite PowerAlert console pastatus exeC DOCUME Cindy LOCALS Temp tlx app PSWIN EXEC Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel usR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http search yahoo com search fr mcafee amp p sR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by QwestR - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllR - URLSearchHook McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar - EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dllO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO McAfee Phishing Filter - B A- - A -B -BE AFE AB - c PROGRA mcafee msk mskapbho dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan scriptsn dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C P... Read more

A:Search Results redirected, No Windows Update

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.1.Please do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!2.Please reply to this thread, do not start another!3.Please tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.4.Please tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.5.Please try as much as possible not to run anything while executing a fix.If you follow these instructions, everything should go smoothly.I would like to get a better look at your system, please do the following so I can get some more detailed logs.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.IMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable which will appear on your desktop.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:Download DDS and save it to your desktopLink1Link2Link3Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear: DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyGmerDownload GMER Rootkit Scanner from here.Double click the .exe file. If asked to allow gmer.sys driver to load, please consentIf it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan...click on NOIn the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following ...IAT/EATDrives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\) Show All (don't miss this one)Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finishOnce done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "Gmer.txt" or it will save as a .log fileSave it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop, and post it in reply**Caution**Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entriesNote: Do not run any programs while Gmer is running.information and logs:In your next post I need the following1.logs from DDS2.log from GMER3.let me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/316666/search-results-redirected-no-windows-update/
Relevancy 64.93%

Same issue Speccy Link http speccy piriform com results IOZI mxQNJxjoWIuJcyqkjD MiniToolbox MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by Greg administrator on - - at Running from N Downloads Microsoft Windows Pro X Boot Mode Normal Event log errors Application errors Error AM Source Perflib User Description ISAPISearchC WINDOWS system query dll Error AM Source Perflib User Description ContentIndexC WINDOWS system query dll Error AM Source Perflib User Description ContentFilterC WINDOWS System query dll Error AM Source Windows Search Service User Description The Windows Search Service has failed to create the new search index Internal error lt x Failed to create application directory P Search Search Data Applications gt Error AM Search Errors Update 8.1 Service Windows & Source Windows Search Service User Description The gatherer service cannot be initialized Details The Temp folder is on a drive that is full or is inaccessible Free up space on the drive or verify that you have write permission on the Temp folder HRESULT x x Error AM Source Windows Search Service User Description The Windows Search Service has failed to create the new search index Internal error lt x Failed to create application directory P Search Search Data Applications gt Error AM Source Windows Search Service User Description The gatherer service cannot be initialized Details 8.1 Update & Windows Search Service Errors The Temp folder is on a drive that is full or is inaccessible Free up space on the drive or verify that you have write permission on the Temp folder HRESULT x x Error AM Source Windows Search Service User Description The Windows Search Service has failed to create the new search index Internal error lt x Failed to create application directory P Search Search Data Applications gt Error AM Source Windows Search Service User Description The gatherer service cannot be initialized Details The Temp folder is on a drive that is full or is inaccessible Free up space on the drive or verify that you have write permission on the Temp folder HRESULT x x Error AM Source Windows Search Service User Description The Windows Search Service has failed to create the new search index Internal error lt x Failed to create application directory P Search Search Data Applications gt System errors Error AM Source Service Control Manager User Description The Windows Search service terminated unexpectedly It has done this time s Error AM Source Service Control Manager User Description The Windows Search service terminated with the following error Error AM Source Service Control Manager User Description The Windows Search service terminated unexpectedly It has done this time s Error AM Source Service Control Manager User Description The Windows Search service terminated with the following error Error AM Source Service Control Manager User Description The Windows Search service terminated unexpectedly It has done this time s Error AM Source Service Control Manager User Description The Windows Search service terminated with the following error Error AM Source Service Control Manager User Description The Windows Search service terminated unexpectedly It has done this time s Error AM Source Service Control Manager User Description The Windows Search service terminated with the following error Error AM Source Service Control Manager User Description The Windows Search service terminated unexpectedly It has done this time s Error AM Source Service Control Manager User Description The Windows Search service terminated with the following error Microsoft Office Sessions Error AM Source Perflib User Description ISAPISearchC WINDOWS system query dll Error AM Source Perflib User Description ContentIndexC WINDOWS system query dll Error AM Source Perflib User Description ContentFilterC WINDOWS System query dll Error AM Source Windows Search Service User Description x Failed to create application directory P Search Search Data Applications Error AM Source Windows Search Service User... Read more

A:8.1 Update & Windows Search Service Errors

Have you tried going into Services and restart the Windows Search and leaving configured as automatic?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/513925/81-update-windows-search-service-errors/
Relevancy 64.93%

its been going on for days my computer becomes unresponsive for a few minutes every once and a while in adition update windows and to get to redirect search unable to the redirect and inability to get to windows update search redirect and unable to get to windows update and many spyware removal sites DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Nick at on Thu Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - FW ZoneAlarm Pro Firewall disabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exe C Documents and Settings Nick Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files TRENDnet g Wireless Client Utility UMCCfg exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C Documents and Settings Nick Desktop dds scr C Documents and Settings Nick Desktop dds scr C Documents and Settings Nick Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dll BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll TB DAEMON Tools Toolbar aac-c - - e a- e a e - c program files daemon tools toolbar DTToolbar dll uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun PeerGuardian c program files peerguardian pg exe uRun SpybotSD TeaTimer c program files spybot - search amp destroy TeaTimer exe uRun uTorrent quot c program files utorrent uTorrent exe quot uRun Aim uRun DAEMON Tools Lite quot c program files daemon tools lite daemon exe quot -autorun uRun Windows Explorer c windows explorer exe uRun Google Update quot c documents and settings nick local settings application data google update GoogleUpdate exe quot c mRun CTHelper CTHELPER EXE mRun CTxfiHlp CTXFIHLP EXE mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files java jre bin jusched exe quot mRun ZoneAlarm Client quot c program files zone labs zonealarm zlclient exe quot mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime QTTask exe quot -atboottime mRun iTunesHelper quot c program files itunes iTunesHelper exe quot mRun PWRISOVM EXE c program files poweriso PWRISOVM EXE StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup g lnk - c program files trendnet g wireless client utility UMCCfg exe StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup window lnk - c program files windows desktop search WindowsSearch exe IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBC - c program files java jre bin ssv dll IE DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - - F - D - - D F - c progra spybot SDHelper dll Notify AtiExtEvent - Ati evxx dll SSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - c windows system WPDShServiceObj dll SEH Windows Desktop Search Namespace Manager f e- - c - f - a bcc - c program files windows desktop search MSNLNamespaceMgr dll FIREFOX FF - ProfilePath - c docume nick applic mozilla firefox profiles cz lgt default FF - component c program files daemon tools toolbar firefoxdtt components DTToolb... Read more

A:search redirect and unable to get to windows update

Howdy, my name is Hoov, and I will be helping you with your dilemma. Sorry it took so long to get you help.Please make sure you watch this thread for responses. If you click the options tab at the top of your first post, you can select to track this thread. Here is what I am asking you to do during the repair of your computer*Tell me everything that you have done, if anything, to try and fix this problem.*Please only use 1 forum to help clear up your problem. Posting on more than 1 and following instructions from more than 1 forum will cause those helping you to pull out thier hair.*Follow my instructions - If you can't for some reason, or if you don't understand something, please tell me. If you deviate from my instructions, tell me, it may make a difference on where we go. Don't install anything, even other programs that have nothing to do with security or malware, it could cause things to change, and I would never know it. *Have faith. I will do all I can to get your computer working, and if I can't - someone else here will know something else to try. *Stick with me to the end. My aim is to fix your problems, and give you the tools and knowledge to keep this from happening again.Now onto trying to fix your computer. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install. Alternatively, you can update through MBAM's interface from a clean computer, copy the definitions (rules.ref) located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from that system to a usb stick or CD and then copy it to the infected machine.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Full Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.If you ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/193569/search-redirect-and-unable-to-get-to-windows-update/
Relevancy 64.93%

I seem to have a similar problem to what others are experiencing with being redirected when trying to click on links from the results of a search on a search engine I mostly use Yahoo Nasty little bugger Also as of late in addition to the problems search from windows results, update Redirected no in the topic title I am having trouble connecting to the internet often being disconnected and then I have to reboot to get back on so sorry if Redirected from search results, no windows update I don t respond immediately that may be the cause and sometimes the computer just restarts for no apparent reason not sure if this is connected or different altogether I have AVG free and it isn t catching anything nor is Spybot Search and Destroy or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware I have also run Ad-Aware and it found a couple backdoor agents I think that s what it called them and supposedly removed them but obviously I am Redirected from search results, no windows update still having problems It is an older laptop Redirected from search results, no windows update but trying to salvage so any help is appreciated Here is the info requested per the prep guide DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Alejandro at on Wed Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup C Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Executive Software DiskeeperLite DKService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Program Files Common Files supportsoft bin sprtlisten exe C Program Files Qwest Quickcare bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Qwest Quickcare bin tgsrvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C PROGRA Ahead Ahead data Xtras mssysmgr exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files HPQ Shared hpqwmi exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgscanx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Alejandro Torres Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp yahoo com uSearch Page uWindow Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Qwest uDefault Page URL hxxp qwest live com uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore uInternet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt uURLSearchHooks AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dll uURLSearchHooks H - No File mURLSearchHooks AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dll mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f... Read more

A:Redirected from search results, no windows update

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:Download DDS and save it to your desktopLink1Link2Link3Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear: DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"MBRCheckPlease also download MBRCheck to your desktop Double click MBRCheck.exe to run (vista and Win 7 right click and select Run as Administrator)It will show a Black screen with some data on it a report called MBRcheck will be on your desktopopen this reportRight click on the screen and select > Select All Press Control+Cnow please copy that report to this threadinformation and logs:In your next post I need the following1.logs from DDS2.log from RKUnHooker3. report from MBRchecker4.let me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/332055/redirected-from-search-results-no-windows-update/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi, I downloaded HijackThis and it provided a log. I really don't know where the issues are. Can someone provide assistance? I've attched the file. I've run several antivirus programs, combofix, malwarebytes and getting no where. Thank you, Rhonda

A:Search Redirect and unable to update windows

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/328986/search-redirect-and-unable-to-update-windows/
Relevancy 64.93%

EN

I tried several times to install windows 7 x64 but every time I stay locked .... I can only come to the first update of service pack 1.

Using a windows 7 cd containing the service pack already one, once the installation is complete I can't check for updates. if I install a version without the first service pack, i can install the updates, but when I install the service pack 1 I no longer find updates....

Windows is in loop on "Searching updates...."

(can't find help on google, i tried all the hotfixes that I found.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/394173-cant-search-new-updates-windows-7-ultimate-x64-after-update.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello,several of the Windows 7 machines on our domain here at work are reporting that windows could not search for new updates. We have just recently had a new server installed SBS2011 and then shorty after is when this issue sprang up. The windows xp machines are able to update fine. any ideas? (below is a screenshot of what i'm seeing)

A:Windows Update unable to search for new updates

You need to install this update on SBS server for updates to work.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2720211

good luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/471917/windows-update-unable-to-search-for-new-updates/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi there,

i have a really weird problem on my 7 here. Windows does not look for updates from time to time as it should. The settings for WU are correct, in fact, i tried all of them with no change in behaviour.
When i start a manual search everything is fine, finding and installing updates works like a charme. Nothing special in my windows logs, the whole systems runs just fine.

Anything i could do?

Thanks!

Phil

A:Windows Update doesnt search for updates

Well, after microsofts last patchday and a successful installation of all those, windows searches for updates again. Just to let you know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/29105-windows-update-doesnt-search-updates.html
Relevancy 64.93%

A month or two ago my computer contracted the Antivirus virus. I used several antivirus programs (AVG, Malwarebytes, SpyBot) and still do scans nearly daily. I regularly use CCleaner. I also manually removed files associated with the fake virus. Most of the symptoms disappeared (slow system, antivirus popups), but the search redirects remain. My computer has also been sort of finicky with internet connection in general. One of my biggest concerns is my inability to access Microsoft Update (I get error: 0x80072EFF). I simply can not figure out where the remainder of the virus is hiding, or if it's a different one. I attached my Hijack This log file. Thank you for your time.
 hijackthis.log   8.6KB
  8 downloads

A:Search Redirect and Windows Update Issues

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.Note** If you are having problems posting the complete log into this thread upload them here http://www.rapidshare.com/ and post the links in this thread We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.I order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.IMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable which will appear on your desktop.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:Download DDS and save it to your desktopLink1Link2Link3Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear: DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"information and logs:In your next post I need the following1.logs from DDS2.RKUnHooker3.let me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/329397/search-redirect-and-windows-update-issues/
Relevancy 64.5%

the main thing is each and every install nbsp windows update just searches forever and nothing happens after diagnostic tool it says Datastore edb is corrupted and cant be repaired and each time it download the corrupted Datastore edb can they at leats give a proper service pack for windows nbsp bit ultimate that is then uptodate with working windows update that works after a direct standalone install of sp i use windows update pack windows windows it bit update installed and but in has after Windows out 7 new corrpedted Datastore.edb! ultimate retail and allways downloaded 1 it 64 service bugs ultimate bit and i reinstalled the system allready nbsp times each and every time the same problame that Datastore edb is corrupted and windows update just gets stuck i how you can either releasse a service pack so that windows update works again after a direct install of service pack or a windows update that doesnt use data store cause its yepp Not working i use a amd core with a amd hd readon and gb ram both asus motherboard and grafic as it is now windows update is with windows service pack not useable sincierly Christian Madjari

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/72b8be3b-5ea6-44bc-b1bd-200fa8fb7ec6/windows-update-in-windows-7-64-bit-ultimate-retail-bugs-out-after-service-pack-1-and-it-downloaded?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 64.07%

A couple of weeks ago I got error messages from 80073712, not SFC cannot Win7 Update error working, update Security Essentials when restarting a PC Win SP I could not uninstall the program using the Control Panel so I used Update error 80073712, SFC not working, cannot update Win7 the FixIt-utility from Microsoft This made things worse I am not able to run Windows Update anymore error code Windows could not search for new updates There are no system restore dates going back before I started having the problems two weeks ago When running sfc scannow as admin I get the following error message Windows Update error 80073712, SFC not working, cannot update Win7 Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation Tried the same function using the Win SP install disk Get the following error There is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete Restarted several times with the same results Since SFC was not working I tried to do a repair install During the compatibility check I got this message Windows needs to be restarted so necessary changes to system files can be made before continuing I have tried several reboots and also checked for a pending xml file Nothing Any suggestions ideas It is a standard PC I use for Office apps

A:Update error 80073712, SFC not working, cannot update Win7

Hello asiaviking and welcome to the forums

Command Prompt

Warning: this fix is specific to the user in this thread. No one else should follow these instructions as it may cause more harm than good. If you are after assistance, please start a thread of your own. Click on the Start button and in the search box, type Command Prompt
When you see Command Prompt on the list, right-click on it and select Run as administrator
When command prompt opens, copy and paste the following commands into it, press enter after each

dism /image:C:\ /cleanup-image /revertpendingactions
Right-click on the Command Prompt window and click Select All, this will invert all of the colours by selecting the text, now press enter. All of this text is now copied.
Paste (Ctrl+V) it into your next post please.
Can you also post the requested data please?

Tom

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/290908-update-error-80073712-sfc-not-working-cannot-update-win7.html
Relevancy 64.07%

HI!
I am getting an update error 80070643 when I am trying to install update KB 2823180. help!

A:win7 32 bit update error 80070643 for update KB 2823180

Hello tbhotica and welcome to the forums

We can't help you without details on your problem: Windows Update Posting Instructions

Tom

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/286931-win7-32-bit-update-error-80070643-update-kb-2823180-a.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hey all,

I had some maleware on my PC and Bleepingcomputer helped me get rid of it. Since then I have been unable to successfully run Windows update to install update kb2984976 but instead receive code 8024200d.

I have run SURT repeatedly and have just completed running sfc as administrator and it found no problems.

Tried to attach the CBS zip file but received a 500- Internal Server Error.

I would greatly appreciate any help as I am hopelessly lost on this topic.

A:W7 64 bit PC update error 0x800f081f. Update kb2984976 fails

The error uploading the files is almost certainly because the file is too large - remove the older CBSPersist files until the compressed file size is under 8MB and try again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/356415-w7-64-bit-pc-update-error-0x800f081f-update-kb2984976-fails.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I'm having a really big problem when trying to update windows through windows update.

I can't install SP1 on my Vista 64bit because when windows update try to install update KB958623, it always show the same error message 8007371C.

I have already tried a lot of things to solve this problem, but nothing works. I'd really appreciate if someone could help me sove the error 8007371C.

Thanks in advance.

A:Error 8007371C when trying to update Vista64 with the update KB958623

1.Check you have in C:\Windows\WinSxS or in subfolders of this folder files Pending.xml, Pending.grl ->if you have these files remove them
2.Navigate to key HKLM\Components and check phrases in these key.You should only have PublisherPolicyChangeTime,StoreArchitecture,StoreFormatVersion ->if you have apart of them any other phrases remove them + restart
3.If nothing help or not concern you try Repair Install
Repair Install For Vista

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/221296-error-8007371c-when-trying-update-vista64-update-kb958623.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi Experts,

After MS Office 2007 update KB2596787 failed I found some HD problems with chkdsk. I believe there are some corrupted system files. I wonder if some kind soul could advise how to repair i.e. which specific files and where to get them from?

Logs/screenshots attached.

Many thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/381324-win-7-update-error-80070663-when-installing-update-kb2596787.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello this is a strange problem to even describe. I have windows 7 and was updating it, but there seems to have been a problem in the update. Windows will start but even when I enter safe mode the problem remains. The problem is many fold, first writing from the "windows" parts, icons and letters in general don't show. In addition things like the "start menu" don't work. When you right click on something to bring up a menu it warps it into a long rectangle going from the top to the bottom of the screen and shows nothing in it. System restore through the normal means just isn't possible even in safe mode where the problems are the same. Is there some way to restore the system from the bios in windows 7 or some other option?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/389652-bad-update-error-prevents-roll-back-update.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I just cleaned this machine a few weeks ago and am having problems again In my zeal to file Search Scopes/Cant update Cant delete Windows 1 keep everything up to date I think last time I got infected it was because some programs werent up to date I think I fell for a fake Java update I repeatedly ran AdwCleaner and it Cant delete Search Scopes/Cant update 1 Windows file deleted Key Deleted x HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchScopes EE -D - F-A FF-E B B E A Key Cant delete Search Scopes/Cant update 1 Windows file Deleted x HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchScopes EE -D - F-A FF-E B B E A But after reboot those keys were right back I tried it in safe mode with the same result The problem became obvious when I could not update Windows with one file Here is my DDS Log and I have attached the other DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by D's at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated F CFC - A -FC -EF - A E AB SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated F E - -F B -D A - EE D C SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Program Files x IObit Advanced SystemCare ASCService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system atieclxx exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtkAudioService exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files x IObit Advanced SystemCare Monitor exe C Program Files x LSoft Technologies Inc Active Hard Disk Monitor DiskMonitorService exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x EventGhost plugins MceRemote Vista AlternateMceIrService x exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Fuel Fuel Service exe C Program Files x Hard Disk Sentinel HDSentinel exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files x Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EPW SSRP E S STB EXE C Program Files Common Files EPSON EPW SSRP E S RPB EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe c Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe C Program Files Macrium Reflect ReflectService exe C Program Files x CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exe C Program Files Serviio bin ServiioService exe C Program Files Serviio bin ServiioService exe c Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System alg exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files x IObit IObit Uninstaller UninstallMonitor exe C Program Files x IObit Advanced SystemCare RealTimeProtector exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client NisSrv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERANTISPYWARE EXE C Program Files x IObit Advanced SystemCare ASCTray exe C Program Files x Renesas Electronics USB Host Controller Driver Application nusb mon exe C Program Files Serviio bin ServiioConsole exe C Program Files Diskeeper Corporation... Read more

A:Cant delete Search Scopes/Cant update 1 Windows file

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/560355 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/560355/cant-delete-search-scopescant-update-1-windows-file/
Relevancy 64.07%

Having an issue with something bad on my system that I cannot seem to clean out I to unable redirect, search update windows Browser Web will search using web browser and the first result I open in Web Browser search redirect, unable to update windows a tab will display properly second and any others will redirect to unrelated sites Windows Update will not connect and occasionally I will get a IE popup when IE is first started I went through the steps provided in the guide however I am unable to produce a GMER it will either BSOD my system with a STOP X E iaStor sys error or it locks up the program and never completes I have ran defogger and here is the log files from DDSDDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by dgreen at on - - Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exesvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system IPSSVC EXEC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilterC Program Files Network Associates Common Framework FrameworkService exeC Program Files Network Associates VirusScan Mcshield exeC Program Files Network Associates VirusScan VsTskMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Common Files Lenovo tvt reg monitor svc exeC WINDOWS system TpKmpSVC exeC WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC WINDOWS system TpShocks exeC Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exeC WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXEC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXEC Program Files Common Files Network Associates TalkBack TBMon exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeC PROGRA THINKV PrdCtr LPMGR exeC WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXEC Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync Wcescomm exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exeC Program Files Logitech Video FxSvr exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exeC Documents and Settings dgreen CPLLC My Documents Downloads dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com ig hl en amp source iglkmDefault Page URL hxxp www yahoo commStart Page hxxp www yahoo comuInternet Settings ProxyServer ftp localhost http localhost https localhost socks localhost BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO Telephony Toolbar Services a e - f- b f-b f - e fecc b - c program files broadsoft broadworks assistant enterprise bin BW Assistant Enterprise IE S dllBHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dllBHO DriveLetterAccess ca d e- - cf- e - - c windows system dla DLASHX W DLLBHO Telephony Toolbar Call Control f ff a -c - d b-b - e ce cb - c program files broadsoft broadworks assistant enterprise bin BW Assistant Enterprise IE CC dllBHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dllBHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper ae cd -e - f- - ee - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllBHO Skype add-on for Internet Explorer ae - e c- ed - f b-f f a - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer skypeieplugin dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dllBHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllTB Adobe PDF -d c - - fa - e eaac - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllTB ... Read more

A:Web Browser search redirect, unable to update windows

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:Download DDS and save it to your desktopLink1Link2Link3Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear: DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"information and logs:In your next post I need the following1.logs from DDS2.log from RKUnHooker3.let me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/344163/web-browser-search-redirect-unable-to-update-windows/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi I ve had problems with Windows Update being blocked and websites getting redirected the last few days I ve tried a batch of fixes with no luck Below is a summary of what symptoms appeared when and what I redirected, update Windows blocked Search results ran Search results redirected, Windows update blocked to try to get rid of whatever it is It s long but I m hoping the details might be helpful to someone out there Problems started late afternoon Thursay I had a bunch of Word and Powerpoint files open and eventually the system froze When I rebooted the Windows loading screen said that the hardware had changed significantly since Windows was first installed and I had to reactivate it within three days Thinking this was some fluke resulting from overloading the system I ignored the Search results redirected, Windows update blocked message Everything loaded up fine but after working for a while a red shield symbol showed up in the system tray and a batch of messages in callouts from the shield appeared saying that there was a security breach privacy risk the system was infected etc Soon after a window popped up supposedly from Windows I don t remember exactly what the title of the window was something with Windows security or antivirus and saying something along the same lines I didn t believe it was actually from Windows and I didn t want to click anything so I did a hard restart The messages were gone after the restart but system ran Search results redirected, Windows update blocked incredibly slowly I couldn t get folders or task manager to open in under a few minutes I restarted and got the same activation notice again I ignored it and ran a full scan with Symantec after updating it It found two files for a Suspicious Vundo in local settings temp files and was able to delete or partially quarantine them Reboot same notification ignored it and then I ran Ad-aware and Spy-bot after updating them Ad-aware found Wind Trojan Agent Spybot just tracking cookies After those files were deleted I rebooted the system and got the same notification about activation and ignored it again After trying some files and working online for a while everything seemed fine speed was normal no pop-ups no security warnings The activation request was still in the corner by now it s the next day and thinking everything was taken care of I reactivated the copy of Windows It looked genuine but in retrospect I probably should have been more suspicious Restarted everything looked fine so I thought it would be a good time to clean up my temp files and then defrag Only got a little way through the defrag when I noticed Windows update kept loading in the corner but seemed to stall at and then go away for a while only to come back and stall at again So I stopped the defrag and tried to run Windows update separately through the Start menu It wouldn t load and I got a server was reset message for the Windows update website through both Firefox my default browser and Internet Explorer I rebooted to try again and that when things got worse Update still wouldn t run the website was blocked and when I tried to open an antivirus program the computer asked what program to use to open the files Symantec Ad-aware Spy-bot and Windows Security Center were all locked out I couldn t open anything from the start menu or desktop shortcuts but I was able to open non-antivirus programs Word PPT in other ways After some research online I was able to restore access to the programs through regedit HKEY CLASSES ROOT exe In the Data column for the first value Default was secfile Changed that to exefile and that seemed to fix the problem Then I downloaded Malwarebytes and ran a quick scan It found infections in reg keys reg values and reg data files Ran a quick scan again after the problems were removed and it came back clean Windows update was still unavailable Prior to this I hadn t had any problems No redirects no popups no increase in spam no decrease in system performance that... Read more

A:Search results redirected, Windows update blocked

I've dealt with redirects a few times before, and coincidentally just finished repairing another one on my wife's PC last night. There are two steps that I usually go through to address redirects which I've listed below. These are probably not the only ways redirection can occur, but I've had pretty good results using them.1. Check your C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file. This file is used first during DNS name resolution, and bogus entries are frequently added to this file by Spyware/Malware apps. On a clean "vanilla" install of Windows, this file should have only one entry at the bottom which correlates "127.0.0.1" to "localhost"3. Reset the TCP/IP and Windows Sockets registry entries as redirector DLL files are quite frequently added in one or both of those places. The link below is a pretty good summary of what to do (hopefully you don't get redirected trying to get there!):Repairing Windows SocketsProbably a good idea to restart after using these steps.Hope it helps!UncleBob

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/309218/search-results-redirected-windows-update-blocked/