Windows Support Forum

Windows Update Error 80070002 & Windows Update Diag Error 0x8007370B

Q: Windows Update Error 80070002 & Windows Update Diag Error 0x8007370B

ASUS Desktop PC CM Series Windows Home Premium SP -bit Core i GB RAM GB HDD Windows updates not working for a while Initial was B appearing in the Windows Update window when searching for updates Found bad memory using Memtest and pulled the stick Other stick no errors after passes Toshiba HDD installed Ran two different HDD diagnostics test on it and it passed No conflicts in device manager Now Windows Update window showing error Based upon instructions ran System Update Readiness Tool SURT but that appears to have not made any resolution Ran it twice to ensure it ran successfully Then ran the Windows Update Diagnostic diagcab from go Error Update 0x8007370B Windows & Error Windows Update 80070002 Diag microsoft com fwlink LinkID and it shows Windows Update error x Windows Update Error 80070002 & Windows Update Diag Error 0x8007370B B - - -T- P as NOT FIXED All other items in list shows as FIXED SFC scannow will not run displaying the message quot windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation quot I tried the same in a elevated prompt in normal windows and in safe mode with the same result No luck running Surface Scan Ran chkdsk r twice also Screen captures of both errors and CBS log file attached Any help is greatly appreciated In the meantime I will begin running some antimalware scans just in case Thanks for any assistance

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows Update Error 80070002 & Windows Update Diag Error 0x8007370B

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows Update Error 80070002 & Windows Update Diag Error 0x8007370B

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data
If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

We need that data whether or not either CheckSUR or SFC complete.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/346188-windows-update-error-80070002-windows-update-diag-error-0x8007370b.html
Relevancy 94.86%

For quite some timenow I have been unable to successfully run windows updates on my computer Iam running Windows Home bit SP Running the update troubleshooter yieldsthe error code x B I have searched the Internet ran the MS Update Fix Update Cannot x64 7 0x8007370B - Error Windows SP1 Ittool gone thru the Windows Trouble Shooter booted into Safe mode and ranDisk Cleanup but none have made a difference In an effort tocollect the information needed for a submission to this forum I did thefollowing Downloaded and ranSURT It ran for a little over hours and then returned the following message Do you want toinstall the following Windows Software Update Hotfix for WindowsKB I did and it tookabout min I then decided to reboot before running SFC and when I did ittook almost hour to restart I don't know if it actually went Cannot Update Windows 7 x64 SP1 - Error 0x8007370B BSOD Windowsrestarted with the warning Windows hasrecovered from an unexpected shutdown The following werethe problem details Problem signature Problem EventName BlueScreen OSVersion LocaleID Additional information about the Cannot Update Windows 7 x64 SP1 - Error 0x8007370B problem BCCode f BCP BCP FFFFFA B CA BCP FFFFF B A D BCP FFFFFA AE A OSVersion ServicePack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Dan AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml The xml file doesnot exist The minidump file is included in the submission I then ran SFC andit immediately terminated with an error Windows Resource Protection could not perform therequested operation I don't receive anyerrors from Windows Update since it just sits there and spins I did get thefollowing messages after running the quot Update Troubleshooter quot Windows Update Error x B - - -T- A - Not fixed Service registration is missing or corrupt - Fixed Problem installing recent updates - Fixed The CBS log and Cannot Update Windows 7 x64 SP1 - Error 0x8007370B Minidump files are attached CBS Minidump zip Any and all help is welcome Thank you

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/382293-cannot-update-windows-7-x64-sp1-error-0x8007370b.html
Relevancy 93.93%

Hi!
]For a while now ive been unable to run windows update on my pc. Running the Windows Update Automated Troubleshooter i find the error code 0x8007370b. I have searched through these posts and found the following thread: Windows Update Keeps checking For updates forever

in this case it got fixed by someone editing their registry i think? so im wondering if anyone can offer me the same sort of help.

A:Windows Update Error code 0x8007370b

Welcome to the forum Perry93.

**I highly recommend not using a repair you found for someones else computer.**

Please complete this tutorial so our expert has some information to work with. He is busy so just hang in there.

Windows Update Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/376934-windows-update-error-code-0x8007370b.html
Relevancy 93%

Hello I have been fighting this issue for quite some time and I am about Windows code Error Update 0x8007370b 64 bit 7 Ultimate read to give up and just re-install But I see that people have been able to resolve this issue on here so I will give it a Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate Update Error code 0x8007370b try I have been unable to run Windows Update successfully for quite some time I keep getting B error code i have tried the Microsoft Fix-It windows update tool and it finds issues and asks to reboot and nothing changes I have run the System Update Readiness Tool I can't run the SFC Scan It goes for a while and then gives the following error quot Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate Update Error code 0x8007370b Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation quot Windows Update gives me B Error I have reviewed the checkSUR log and it appears like I have a lot of issues with this installation so I don't know if it is worth trying to fix it or just better to do a clean install Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated Thank You Nathan

A:Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate Update Error code 0x8007370b

Here's the summary from the CheckSUR report...

Quote:
Summary:
Seconds executed: 501
Found 137 errors
CSI Could Not Open file Total count: 3
CSI Missing Deployment Key Total count: 108
CSI Corrupt Component Keyform Total count: 1
CSI Missing Identity Total count: 8
CSI Corrupt Identity Total count: 3
CSI C Mark Deployment Not Marked Total count: 4
CSI C Mark Deployment Missing Total count: 10
CSI Replacement File: CreateFile Failed Total count: 60

I may be able to fix some of the problems - but I suspect that you have a hardware problem that needs to be addressed first.

Please follow this tutorial and post the results - run at least 3 full passes.
RAM - Test with Memtest86+
If you get even a single failure, you need to think about replacing the RAM - or at least reseating it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/378066-windows-7-64-bit-ultimate-update-error-code-0x8007370b.html
Relevancy 93%

This post had the exact same issue I am having with a friends computer. I have attached the logs and error. This one is really kicking my butt and need to resolve this quickly. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Also here is the components file: Components

A:Windows 7 Professional 32-bit Update Error code 0x8007370b

You have a problem with the COMPONENTS hive - I'll take a look at it, and get back to you, but it could take a while.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/337518-windows-7-professional-32-bit-update-error-code-0x8007370b.html
Relevancy 93%

Hello.

For almost the last year now, I have been unable to run windows updates on my computer. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1. Running the update yields the error code 0x8007370b. I have searched the Internet, ran the Microsoft Fix It tool, and gone thru the Windows Trouble Shooter, but none have made a difference. I am almost to that point where I will do a clean install, but since everything else on the computer is running fine, I only will do this as a last resort. Any and all help is welcome. Thank you!

A:Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate Update Error code 0x8007370b

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/276970-windows-7-64-bit-ultimate-update-error-code-0x8007370b.html
Relevancy 92.07%

G'day people Like many others here I've experienced the situation where Windows Update point-blank refuses to update and returns the generic x B error code Microsoft's help relating to this code is from bit-flip 0x8007370B; errors Update log apparent SUR error Windows woeful to say the least thankfully a bit of quot Google-fu quot has led me here I've run and re-run the SURT and the various Windows Windows Update error 0x8007370B; bit-flip errors apparent from SUR log Update FixIt and Hotfix tools from Microsoft with no success I've even tried their method to reset the the Windows Update sub-system to no avail From following the diagnostic instructions posted in other threads it has become apparent that I too have been the victim of bit-flip errors as evidenced in the CheckSUR log file included below Code Checking System Update Readiness Binary Version Package Version - - Checking Windows Servicing Packages Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs w CBS Catalog Expired x B servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat w CBS Catalog Expired x B servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat w CBS Catalog Expired x B servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat w CBS Catalog Expired x B servicing Packages Package for KB SP bf ad e amd cat Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Checking Packages Checking Component Store w CSI Catalog Expired x B winsxs Catalogs b b c a f f b a baa ca a bd d d e c cat ccb aa d a e bf ad e eb bf e bea w CSI Catalog Expired x B winsxs Catalogs fdad b c c a befef a aac ee b e ffe c ec b cat d df e e dc fcf bf ad e d bbdd de w CSI Catalog Expired x B winsxs Catalogs e ec dc a da e bedd bd ee a f cb cat dae f a c ace e e bf ad e b e ac c bcb f CSI Payload File Missing x l ngr amd microsoft-windows-s chrecognizereng ale bf ad e en-gb e a ad c da f CSI Payload File Missing x l dlm amd microsoft-windows-s chrecognizereng ale bf ad e en-gb e a ad c da f CSI Payload File Missing x L ini amd microsoft-windows-s chrecognizereng ale bf ad e en-gb e a ad c da f CSI Payload File Missing x l mllr amd microsoft-windows-s chrecognizereng ale bf ad e en-gb e a ad c da f CSI Corrupt Component Keyform x identity amd bd b bd ea b dddd cba f bf ad d none e b b identity and keyform do not match and neither is right f CSI Corrupt Identity xC Microsofu-Windows-Intern tional-CodePage Culture neutral Version PublicKeyToken bf ad e ProcessorArchiuecture y verrionScopd NonSxS x microsoft-windows-i onam-codepafe- bf ad e none c e b a c Bad identity f CSI Manifest Missing x x microsoft-windows-i onam-codepafe- bf ad e none c e b a c manifest x microsoft-windows-i onam-codepafe- bf ad e none c e b a c f CSI Corrupt Component Keyform x identity amd microsoft-windows-ie-versioninfo bf ad e none b f a f identity and keyform do not match keyform is wrong f CSI Corrupt Identity xC Microsofu-Windowr-Intern tional-CodePage Bulture oeutral Version PublicKeyToken bf ad e ProcesrorArchitecture y verrionScopd NonSxS x microsoft-windows-i onal-codepage- bf ad e none c Bad identity f CSI Manifest Missing x x microsoft-windows-i onal-codepage- bf ad e none c manifest x microsoft-windows-i onal-codepage- bf ad e none c Summary Seconds executed Found errors CSI Manifest Missing Total count CSI Catalog Expired Total count CSI Corrupt Component Keyform Total count CSI Corrupt Identity Total count CSI Payload File Missing Total count CBS Catalog Expired Total count Unavailable repair files winsxs manifests x microsoft-windows-i onam-codepafe- bf ad e none c e b a c manifest winsxs manifests x microsoft-windows-i onal-codepage- bf ad e none c manifest From what I've discovered this appears to be a fairly common occurrence yet Microsoft doesn't appear to have a simple method to reset this component store or otherwise rebuild from scratch So where do we go from here

A:Windows Update error 0x8007370B; bit-flip errors apparent from SUR log

Registry corruption such as you have is almost impossible to legislate for

I need to have alook at your COMPONENTS registry hive

Please copy theC:\Windows\System32\config\COMPONENTS file (no extension) to your desktop andthen compress it - upload the compressed file to your favoured fileshare site(preferably Dropbox or SkyDrive) and post a link.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/304898-windows-update-error-0x8007370b-bit-flip-errors-apparent-sur-log.html
Relevancy 90.52%

Hello guys,
I have tried everything I found online and failed. I don't wanna do a clean install. I have attached the CheckSur.log. Please help.

A:Windows update error 80070002 and System restore error (Both)

I was getting that same error - and saying "cannot search for updates".

I tried the Fixit tool and command prompts - suggested by Microsoft - nothing worked.

I finally called Microsoft - 1 - 800 - Microsoft and they did a remote on my comp and the problem is solved, at least for now.

There is no charge for this service.

As for System Restore, make sure you have set a Restore Point.
Go to Start and type system restore.
Go to " Create a restore point".

See if your C drive says "on" and if not click Configure.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/309131-windows-update-error-80070002-system-restore-error-both.html
Relevancy 89.28%

Greetings I've ran into a problem recently I find myself in Windows Update Error 80070002 a situation where I need to update my Windows Update Error 80070002 current operating system - Windows Vista Home Premium x - from Service Pack to Service Pack Now normally afaik this would be achieved using the Windows Update tool but in my case it does not seem to be working It tries to install the update but near the end it stops with an error ' ' I've tried these Microsoft guides referring to error didn't fix my problem though Windows Update error How do I reset Windows Update components Now the first link asks me to download the System Update Readiness Tool There is a big notification on the download page that says quot The support for Vista without SP has been discontinued quot etc So I'm not sure that the tool even works for me anymore Nevertheless I downloaded it and after a lengthy loading screen it did say that the tool was installed After booting my PC I still received the update error though Besides those guides I've read on other threads that registry errors might be the cause for my update problems I've done a System File Checker scan and it said that it found some defective files but it couldn't fix them Also it referred to a log file for more infromation but unfortunately I have no way of deciphering the file I've also downloaded the Service Pack manually and tried to install it but I keep receiving an error as well I even went as far as to try the installer in Window's safe mode but that didn't work either So I find myself frustratedly at a loss I've done Google searches on the subject for hours but nothing seems to be fixing the issue I'm aware that this forum contains many threads with the same subject as mine and I've been through most of them Yet they did not help me resolve the error I keep receiving I'd love to find a solution without having to install Vista all over again on my computer or a W upgrade As you've noticed I'm quite clueless when it comes to these things and any help you can offer is extremely appreciated EDIT I've attached my CBS and CheckSUR log files

A:Windows Update Error 80070002

Welcome
First cross your fingers, then hope, then try this
How do I reset Windows Update components?

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/296397-windows-update-error-80070002-a.html
Relevancy 89.28%

Hi, I've been getting this error when searching for updates in Windows Update for a while now, it started almost 8 months ago but because my PC had hardware problems I didn't use it for a long time and was using my laptop so I'm just getting back to this problem now. Everytime I try to search for updates in Windows Update I get an error with code 80070002, and for some reason when I go to installed updates there is nothing there! for the life of me I cannot remember what caused there to appear no updates installed, can anyone please help?

A:Windows Update error 80070002

Welcome to TSF ;

Please follow below link

Windows Update error 80070002

Please let us know and post back to here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-update-error-80070002-a-584158.html
Relevancy 89.28%

Service Pack 1 for Windows Vista is available through Windows Update. So, I try to install it, but when it gets to 20% downloading it stops and shows error code 80070002. I followed Windows Help instructions but it did'nt work. I have downloaded all previous updates successfully and other applications can update with no problems. Input will be appreciated.

Extra facts:
I have an extremely slow internet connection (5-10 kbps)
I have a Stone Age computer.
My internet provider does not support peer to peer download.

Please, have mercy on my poor pathetic soul and help me!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-update-error-80070002-a-276017.html
Relevancy 89.28%

hello guys. i have a new problem. i cant install the service pack 1 for my windows 7 and im using 64bit OS. every time i try this, it "downloads" up to the 29% and then gives me that error. i have tried everything the the info page tells me to do (which isnt much), i even downloaded some repair tool from microsoft downloads page to see if it helps but for some reason it doesnt even there reads in the description that it should fix the update error 80070002.

any help/advices are appreciated.

A:Windows update error 80070002

Are you downloading via Windows Update?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/387623/windows-update-error-80070002/
Relevancy 89.28%

Hi Background I've been doing my research on this for a while but have yet to find a solution It seems to be a common problem with varying solutions depending on the user I have a basic level of understanding but may need some hand-holding on specific tasks Windows Professional bit Problem My windows update isn't updating and has given me error code every time I look for updates I've run some of the recommended windows fixes with no luck There is no list of installed updates either Related info sfc scannow does not work I cannot restore to previous restore points It seems I cannot do repair installs 7 Windows 80070002 Error Update only a Windows 7 Update Error 80070002 full clean install obviously I would like to avoid this I have run SFCfix and there are no errors see below box I have also run chkdsk and there are no errors Any further information needed Help Quote SFCFix version by niemiro Start time - - Microsoft Windows Service Pack - amd Not using a script file AutoAnalysis SUMMARY No corruptions were detected AutoAnalysis directive completed successfully Successfully processed all directives SFCFix version by niemiro has completed Currently storing datablocks Finish time - - ----------------------EOF-----------------------

A:Windows 7 Update Error 80070002

The following Key appears to be missing from the registry, according to the CBS.log...
\Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SideBySide\Winners\amd64_microsoft-windows-kerberos-adm_31bf3856ad364e35_none_5c31f57aa4e48c0a\6.9"

I'm not sure why CheckSUR didn't find and flag it

However, the key doesn't exist in my machine either, although there is a related entry elsewhere. There are no other versions of that key within the stated hive that I can find, so I wonder what's going on...

Perhaps that is the source, rather than the target, in this instance...

Please open an Elevated Command Prompt, and run the following commands

REG LOAD HKLM\COMPONENTS C:\Windows\System32\config\COMPONENTS
REG QUERY "HKLM\COMPONENTS\DerivedData\VersionedIndex\6.1.7601.18766 (win7sp1_gdr.150217-1551)\ComponentFamilies\amd64_microsoft-windows-kerberos-adm_31bf3856ad364e35_none_5c31f57aa4e48c0a"
REG UNLOAD HKLM\COMPONENTS

post the results.

Here are some instructions to make life easier
1) To open an Elevated Command Prompt Window (the ECP window), click on Start, All Programs, Accessories – then right-click on Command Prompt, and select Run as Administrator. Accept the UAC prompt.
2) To run the commands easier, highlight the block of commands, and right-click on the highlight – select Copy. In the CP Window, click on the black/white icon at top left – select Paste. The commands will run but may not complete the last command, so hit the Enter Key once.
3) To copy the results... click on the Black/White icon in the top left, and select Edit... 'Select All', and hit the Enter key - then use Ctrl+V or r-click+Paste to paste it into your response.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/372182-windows-7-update-error-80070002-a.html
Relevancy 89.28%

Trying to install Vista SP1 via Windows update. Keeps failing with the above error. This is a Windows Vista Business Toshiba R500 laptop that the hard drive went on me. I have since restored the Vista OS on the new hard drive by using the recovery disks I created. I have followed the MS troubleshooting options by deleting the Windows update history as it may have previously had SP1 on it.

Now the SP1 update is the only one it finds and it just will not install.

Anyone come across this and overcome it?

Take a look at this and see if it is any help. Note that when I read through it, the grammar seemed a bit odd, so read carefully.
http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/12/21/fix-error-80070002-when-using-windows-update-in-vista/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-error-80070002.773670/
Relevancy 89.28%

hi tried the fix and surt but i get hotfix failed when i tried to instal from the link off the forums
SFCFix version 3.0.0.0 by niemiro.
Start time: 2016-04-09 22:33:37.087
Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1 - x86
Not using a script file.
AutoAnalysis::
SUMMARY: No corruptions were detected.
AutoAnalysis:: directive completed successfully.
Successfully processed all directives.
SFCFix version 3.0.0.0 by niemiro has completed.
Currently storing 0 datablocks.
Finish time: 2016-04-09 22:39:24.778
----------------------EOF-----------------------

any help would be gratefull regards karl

A:windows update 80070002 error

Please download and run the Windows Update Troubleshooter.

Post the results in your topic.

Clicking on the link above will start the download automatically.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/610711/windows-update-80070002-error/
Relevancy 89.28%

We've had several systems recently that were infected with various versions of Fake Alert trojans that we were able to clean using the tools described in the virus removal section of this website. In a few cases after cleaning the virus we can't install Windows updates. Get error message 80070002. We've tried all the Microsoft recommended fixes and some posted on various other forums. We end up having to reinstall Windows. Is anyone else having this problem? Have a fix?

Are you sure about the error code?

What update gave you this error? Service pack?

What kind of fixes did you try?

Did you find any traces of zero access rootkit on the fake alert infected systems?

Did you check if BITS and windows updates services are running?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/471909/windows-update-error-80070002/
Relevancy 89.28%

Hi Today I had to do a re-install of Vista for various reasons and it was going fine everything worked then i started to run the updates you know and there - 80070002 Error Windows Update was like of them anyways i got through some of them and now when i try to run windows update it doesnt work and it gives me an error message of quot quot now ive looked in COUNTLESS webpages for help on this including microsoft's link that is supposed to lead Windows Update Error - 80070002 you to a Windows Update Error - 80070002 fix but it didnt work that involved shutting down the auto-update thing and then deleting some files in the Softwaredistribution folder didnt work ive tried using the SFC scan but everytime i use it i get the same message that i need to reboot so that didnt work also i tried to just bypass installing updates and go straight to SP but it always says i need to reboot my machine every time i try to run the standalone SP file anyhelp HUGELY appreciated here LJ

A:Windows Update Error - 80070002

This site may help:http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/12/21/f...pdate-in-vista/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/301573/windows-update-error-80070002/
Relevancy 89.28%

Hi,
Windows update is providing Marvell - LAN - Marvell Yukon 88E8040 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller lan driver but i am not able to install can anyone help me
thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/12238-windows-update-error-80070002-a.html
Relevancy 89.28%

Windows 7 is not updating any more.
Did step one didn't change anything.
My cbs.zip file is more than 8 mb (its 20mb) what should I do?
It gives this error code 80070002.
It says most recent check for updates: never
Updates were installed: never

I can't start a sfc/scannow with command promt. This is also not possible in safemode.

Can anyone help to get windows to update?

Relevancy 89.28%

I can not update Windows 7, this error 80070002

[IMG]http://www.**************/imgbnc.php/8470b036282de6f75dd1cb9ba0a3235dcc8a8fe40a67bed57c4c863ec493b13a6g.jpg[/IMG]

A:I can not update Windows 7, this error 80070002

Windows Update error 80070002

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/165474-i-can-not-update-windows-7-error-80070002-a.html
Relevancy 88.35%

Hello st hope in right thread Got a number of error codes and problems with updating my windows update Microsoft NET Framework for Windows x -based Systems KB Installation date Installation status Failed Error details Code EC I have also the error of Im a complete novice so i will do windows update Code error 7 80070002 my best to get the info you need in helping me OS Name Microsoft Windows Home Premium Version Service Pack Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name STEVE-PC System Manufacturer MSI System Model MS- System Type x -based PC Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date American Megatrends Inc V SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot error Code 80070002 windows 7 update quot User Name Steve-PC Steve Time Zone GMT Daylight Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys Thank you in advance Alex

A:error Code 80070002 windows 7 update

1st = Yep - own thread is always good

If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/337104-error-code-80070002-windows-7-update.html
Relevancy 88.35%

Since last month I haven't been able to update windows as I keep getting error code 80070002, and i've tried every suggestion by microsoft to no avail. Any help would gladly be appreciated!!

A:Can't update windows, error code 80070002

So have you tried this one either with the auto fix or manually You receive a "0x80070002" or "0x80070003" error code after you download an update from Windows Update, from Microsoft Update, or from Windows Server Update Services and/or do you have a restore point that can take you back prior to the previous updates ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-update-windows-error-code-80070002-a-696885.html
Relevancy 88.35%

The other day I wast error 7 story of the a - fix. update 80070002 Windows H H H Windows 7 update error 80070002 - the story of a fix. Hspent several hours wrestling with the Windows update mechanism now that it seems the problem is fixed I'd like to share the story in the hope that it may be helpful for someone with a similar problem This is my first Windows 7 update error 80070002 - the story of a fix. post to the forum so I'd welcome remarks about style or detail The system in question is a Windows Pro bit SP It is a localized version thus I can't always give the exact english wording of messages sorry What was wrong Compared to my rusty and trusty private Win XP the Win developer machine has always been somewhat brittle It had sporadic Blue Screens in the past but most of Windows 7 update error 80070002 - the story of a fix. the time it worked The quot situation quot developed as I tried to update the system the setting is automatic fetch manual install Windows Update failed with some error code I did not write down I tried several rounds of sfc scannow and reboots and after some research I decided to try the quot official quot fix KB the quot System Update Readiness Tool quot This looked right for me System Update Readiness Tool fixes Windows Update errors in Windows Windows Vista Windows Server R and Windows Server After running for several hours I was warnded about it it finally finished installing claiming a successful install Unfortunately the situation was even worse now Search for updates consistently failed with error and the system file check tool sfc scannow also would not complete What I tried Now was the time for more desperate measures I found this Windows Update error I manually emptied Windows SoftwareDistribution DataStore and Windows SoftwareDistribution Download as recommended restarted the Windows Update service - and still got the error when searching for updates Then there was a vain attempt with the automatic repair tool msdt exe and WindowsUpdateDiagnostic diagcab While it purported to have fixed some security settings and service registrations the problem was still there One thing in the report output from this automated tool was worrying it showed the SFC output which this time could not even start And indeed after reboot a search for updates still produced a error and sfc scannow also failed I tried another MS recommendation this time with not too much hope The Fixit How do I reset Windows Update components No change The same Fixit again but with aggressive option No difference At this time it seemed I ran out of MS-supplied support pages Fixits KB's and whatnot What helped The first culprit to investigate was SFC By this time I had learned from seeking through forums and blogs that SFC writes a log file at Windows Logs cbs cbs log I noticed that an attempt to search for updates with the Windows Update GUI also added entries to the log file - obviously the update process runs SFC itself which means that the whole problem could be resting upon SFC From several Error entries in the log this one provided a registry key I could look up - - Error CSI d F STATUS OBJECT NAME NOT FOUND from Windows Rtl SystemImplementationDirectRegistryProvider SysOpenKey flg key provider NULL handle da KEY READ KEY WOW KEY oa xa cac - gt OBJECT ATTRIBUTES s rd NULL on quot Registry Machine Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion SideBySide Winners amd prnca a i nf-languegepack bf ad e de-de d cb c a a quot a OBJ CASE INSENSITIVE disp Unmapped disposition x a ce gle xd Shortly after that the log reported - - Error CBS Failed to initialize store parameters with boot drive and windows directory HRESULT x - ERROR FILE NOT FOUND The error code matched the observation in Windows Update Next thing was to look in RegEdit for the named registry key after interpreting quot Registry Machine quot als HKEY LOCAL MACHINE It did actually exist but selecting it produced a message box in RegEdit telling me that it cannot open the key b... Read more

A:Windows 7 update error 80070002 - the story of a fix.

Nice explanation - and well done!

The problem usually arises because of a single bit-flip where one binary digit is flipped (1/0 to 0/1), resulting in a value which the OS can't make any sense of, or which is prohibited - this then locks out any further access to the value, and permissions become irrelevant.
Much of the time the system can get around it, and some of the time, CheckSUR will actually create a new value that works. It seems that neither was the case here, and the error caused the SFC crash and WU lockout.

It is possible to edit the hive using a hex editor to see and replace the offending character which will allow normal access to the Key for modification/deletion. Usually, the hardest part is to find the affected key.
I've done this successfully using HxD hex editor - but only in the Components hive, which is usually not loaded by the OS. Doing it for the Software hive would be more complex, as you'd need to do it from either a second machine, or from a Recovery Environment boot so that you don't run into normal access problems with an open hive.

If you actually look at the value in the error statement you can see what looks to me like an immediate bitflip there

Code:
]"\Registry\Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SideBySide\Winners\amd64_prnca00a.inf-languegepack_31bf3856ad364e35_de-de_d8743cb7c94a0a96";
I doubt that this of itself is enough to cause the problem, but it could be that there are unprintable characters. I don't have a German copy of Windows to play with, unfortunately.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/310222-windows-7-update-error-80070002-story-fix.html
Relevancy 88.35%

I have a computer that just won't update Windows at all. Windows 7 32-bit ,Toshiba Satellite L505 laptop.

I've tried every single thing I can think of and every suggestion I've come across and nothing has worked. I've done chkdsk, memory tests, sfc /scannow, resetting the SoftwareDistribution folder, every relevant Windows Fix-it tool. I even formatted the hard drive and did a clean install and yet the problem persists.

I should mention, sfc /scannow does not run properly. I get the "Windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation" error.

Also, I get regular IE and Windows Explorer crashes and occasional freezes. Could this be due to the lack of updates? That's what I suspect but I'm not sure. I know there are many many updates that the computer needs.

I'm stumped. Any ideas?

A:[SOLVED] Windows Update error 80070002

Your best option in that case is to run the CHKDSK and SFC in offline mode from a Recovery Environment boot.

Reboot the computer, and tap the F8 key until you get the advanced boot menu up - one option should be 'Repair your computer'. Pick that one.

You'll get a set of options - pick the Command Prompt one.
At the command prompt, type DIR C:\
- if we're lucky this will bring up a listing of your normal C: drive contents, including the Program Files folder(s) and the Windows folder.
If not, try D:\ or E:\ (etc. until you get the right letter)
then type the following command

CHKDSK <drive>: /R

and wait for it to complete - it could take a few hours, depending on the size of the drive.

Once complete, type

sfc /scannow /OFFBOOTDIR=<drive>:\ /OFFWINDIR=<drive>:\Windows

where <drive> is the letter you found above.

Wait for the command to complete. (make a note of the response!).

Once it has, type EXIT and the pick the option to reboot.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-windows-update-error-80070002-a-676394.html
Relevancy 88.35%

I keep getting this failure when Windows 7 Failure 80070002 Update error I try to run Windows Update on this machine I booted into Safe Mode and tried running sfc scannow which results in Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation I then copied CBS log which has this info on the latest run - - Info CBS Starting TrustedInstaller initialization - - Info CBS Loaded Servicing Stack v with Core C Windows winsxs amd microsoft-windows-servicingstack bf ad e none b de d f cbscore dll - - Info CSI WcpInitialize wcp dll version called stack x fefb f dd x fefb b x fefb e xff be c xff bd xff bdb f - - Info CSI WcpInitialize wcp dll version called stack x fefb f dd x fefb e x fefb b b x fefb b xff be c xff bd - - Info CSI WcpInitialize wcp dll version called stack x fefb f dd x fefb x fefb xff Windows 7 Update Failure error 80070002 be xff bd de xff bdb f - - Info CBS Ending TrustedInstaller initialization - - Info CBS Starting the TrustedInstaller main loop - - Info CBS TrustedInstaller service Windows 7 Update Failure error 80070002 starts successfully - - Info CBS SQM Initializing online with Windows opt-in False - - Info CBS SQM Cleaning up report files older than days - - Info CBS SQM Requesting upload of all unsent reports - - Info CBS SQM Failed to start upload with file pattern C Windows servicing sqm std sqm flags x HRESULT x - E FAIL - - Info CBS SQM Failed to start standard sample upload HRESULT x - E FAIL - - Info CBS SQM Failed to start upload with file pattern C Windows servicing sqm all sqm flags x HRESULT x - E FAIL - - Info CBS SQM Failed to start always sample upload HRESULT x - E FAIL - - Info CBS SQM Warning Failed to upload all unsent reports HRESULT x - E FAIL - - Info CBS No startup processing required TrustedInstaller service was not set as autostart or else a reboot is still pending - - Info CBS NonStart Checking to ensure startup processing was not required - - Info CBS NonStart Windows is in Safe Mode - - Error CSI F STATUS OBJECT NAME NOT FOUND from Windows Rtl SystemImplementation DirectRegistryProvider SysOpenKey flg AllowAccessDenied key provider NULL handle da KEY READ DELETE KEY WOW KEY oa xcbed - gt OBJECT ATTRIBUTES s rd NULL on Registry Machine COMPONENTS DerivedData VersionedIndex win sp gdr - ComponentFamilies wow microsoft-windows-uianimation resources bf ad e de-de ee e b d a v a OBJ CASE INSENSITIVE disp Unmapped disposition x cbed gle xd - - Error CSI F d win sp gdr base wcp sil merged ntu ntsystem cpp Error STATUS OBJECT NAME NOT FOUND originated in function Windows Rtl SystemImplementation DirectRegistryProvider SysOpenKey expression null gle x - - Error CSI F STATUS OBJECT NAME NOT FOUND from Windows Rtl SystemImplementation DirectRegistryProvider SysOpenKey flg key provider NULL handle da KEY READ DELETE KEY WOW KEY oa xcbed - gt OBJECT ATTRIBUTES s rd NULL on Registry Machine COMPONENTS DerivedData VersionedIndex win sp gdr - ComponentFamilies wow microsoft-windows-uianimation resources bf ad e de-de ee e b d a v a OBJ CASE INSENSITIVE disp Unmapped disposition x cbf gle xd - - Error CSI F d win sp gdr base wcp sil merged ntu ntsystem cpp Error STATUS OBJECT NAME NOT FOUND originated in function Windows Rtl SystemImplementation DirectRegistryProvider SysOpenKey expression null gle x - - Error CSI F STATUS OBJECT NAME NOT FOUND from Windows Rtl SystemImplementation CKey OpenExistingKey f da KEY READ DELETE oa xcbf e key NULL disp null gle xd - - Error CSI F STATUS OBJECT NAME NOT FOUND from Windows Rtl SystemImplementation CKey DeleteRecursively gle xd - - Error CSI a F STATUS OBJECT NAME NOT FOUND from Windows Rtl SystemImplementation CKey DeleteRecursively gle xd - - Info CBS NonStart Failed to get store HRESULT x - ERROR FILE NOT FOUND - - Info CBS Failed to ensure no startup processing was required HRESULT x - ERROR FILE NOT FOUND - - Info CBS Failed during startup processing continuing with Trusted Installer execution HRESULT x - ERROR FILE NOT FOUND - - Info CBS... Read more

A:Windows 7 Update Failure error 80070002

Why are you running sfc /scannow in Safe Mode?

Please download and run the Windows Update Troubleshooter.

Post the results in your topic.

Clicking on the link above will start the download automatically.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606370/windows-7-update-failure-error-80070002/
Relevancy 88.35%

Hello,

I have been trying to update my computer for about 6 months now to no avail. Updates are downloaded, but not installed - - instead I get error code 80070002 and the updates all fail . I have tried using the stand alone installer, and all the recommendations that windows help offered, but no luck. I read through another thread and tried using the MGADiag.exe program and my OS is genuine, but the error code 80070002 comes up repeatedly throughout the report. Please, if anybody knows how to resolve this issue, I would be very appreciative!

A:Windows Update Error Code: 80070002 - Help PLEASE!

80070002 is a File Not Found error. It suggests (to me) a corruption of the downloads. Give this a try (you must be using an adminstrator account for this):

- Go to Start and type "cmd" (without the quotes)
- at the top of the Search box will be an entry for CMD.EXE - right click on it and select "Run as administrator"
- In the black window that appears, type "net stop wuauserv" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Wait until the screen tells you that it's completed successfully. Leave this window open as you'll need it later. If it prompts to stop other services, tell it yes.

- Open up Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution. Delete the contents of the folder (but not the folder itself).

- Go back to the black window and type "net start wuauserv" (without the quotes) and press Enter.

- Reboot and see if Windows Update works now. Let us know what happens.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-update-error-code-80070002-help-please-400767.html
Relevancy 88.35%

I have been getting the windows update error code 80070002 for a while now.

I ran SURT and did not get any errors.
When running sfc / scannow I get the error "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation." after a few seconds.

here is a zip of my CBS dir
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9y...it?usp=sharing

I'm not positive but I think there is some corruption in my HKLM\COMPONENTS

I have run Chkdsk /r /f and did not get any bad sectors

Thanks for any help.

A:windows update error code 80070002

I should warn you that my track record n fixing this type of error is not good (yet!) - mostly because its rare.
Having said that, it does look like there is corruption in your registry.

I need to have a look at your COMPONENTS registry hive

Please copy the C:\Windows\System32\config\COMPONENTS file (no extension) to your desktop and then compress it - upload the compressed file to your favoured fileshare site (preferably Dropbox or OneDrive) and post a link.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/345442-windows-update-error-code-80070002-a.html
Relevancy 88.35%

A few things to get away before I start this post I have read the sticky post by Geekgirl and I 7 [SOLVED] error 80070002 Update Windows know I might not get an answer Yes I know that Windows is a beta So don't give a bunch of flak about it being a beta and there are bugs So I had a friend install Windows on my laptop and dual boot it It worked perfect until about a week ago when I tried to update Now every time I try to update I get a error I asked my friend if he knew what was up with it and he said he had intalled the Windows watermark patch and Timernuke I found and followed instructions to remove both of those and then followed the instructions on TechNet to fix the error on Vista The problem still exists I am mainly just posting this to see if anybody else has this problem and would like [SOLVED] Windows 7 Update error 80070002 to work together to find the solution Thank you

A:[SOLVED] Windows 7 Update error 80070002

hi mate not sure if this is any good to you but that has been an issue with vista maybe one of the solutions or attemps may be useful although you would need to search the forum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-windows-7-update-error-80070002-a-347495.html
Relevancy 88.35%

Hey,
The windows update successfully downloads updates and then when I click "Install Updates" it says:
Error Found:
Code 80070002 Windows encountered an unknown error.
I know this has been mentioned many times from multiple people and I have tried nearly every suggestion I have found and nothing has worked. I have many important files on my PC, so a clean install would be the very last thing I would try.
I am using Windows Vista Home Premium 32 Bit.
Any help would be appreciated greatly!

Thanks

A:Windows Update Error Code 80070002! NEED HELP!

Oh and by the way,
I uninstalled my SP1 and SP2 from my PC to try an upgrade install from within windows (My Setup DVD did not have any SP's on it. It also came with the computer from dell, already installed). I had heard that this works like a repair install and helps fix any corrupt system file problems. But when it gets to the second part of the install (after copying windows files, i think) it says:
Windows was unable to complete the installation and will install when you restart the installation again. The installation window popped up again and so I tried again. It said the same thing, I tried it multiple times but it refuses to work. I rebooted and it booted into windows setup, not vista. It started and then said:
The setup could not start or something like that. Using msconfig I have changed the default OS back to vista.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-update-error-code-80070002-need-help-394155.html
Relevancy 88.35%

Hi,

I have had my pc running on Vista for about 3 months. For the first couple of weeks it allowed me to do Windows Updates. Since then I have had a whole range of different errors and as I found a fix for each one it was replaced by another. I am now constantly getting the Error No. 80070002. I have tried everything I can find online to rectify the problem including those below which seem to have fixed other people's pcs. Any help greatly appreciated.

Solution One
1)Stop the windows update service (from services)
2)Delete temporary update files - In Datastore and download
3)Restart the the windows update service

Solution two
Apply this file
after u apply this file reboot and try to do a update again it should work http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...-bdb8-c4e00af5b94b/NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-code-80070002-on-windows-update.665292/
Relevancy 88.35%

not installing, getting an error. Ive done what it says to do HERE

still not working.

is there another way/place to download sp1 and install it?

thanks for any insight you can offer on this issue...

A:cant install sp 1, windows update error 80070002

This is a common error, follow the instructions given in this thread, in the sequence given.
SP2 fails error Code 80070002

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/295708-cant-install-sp-1-windows-update-error-80070002-a.html
Relevancy 88.35%

Hello,

So a while ago my computer got that error and i literally tried everything i can to fix it, and failed. I now realize the reason i get an error is because a while ago i deleted my ProductId from the registry for a reason, and exported it but now i cant seem to find, i must have deleted it by accident. But now i literally how no idea if im able to recover it somehow, or recreate it. I would really appreciate if im able to recreate it somehow!

it was in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion

remember theres ProductID and ProductId, i have ProductID which is located in

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\00002119F20000000000000000F01FEC\InstallProperties

but i need ProductId, which is located only in \CurrentVersion

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/401577-windows-update-80070002-error-code.html
Relevancy 88.35%

I have about a year old Win -bit 80070002 when error windows to code update trying 64-bit 7 computer 80070002 error code when trying to update windows 7 64-bit It has had Windows update issues for quite some time and always been a bit quirky I just started reading about the error code and have done all of the appropriate response fixes from 80070002 error code when trying to update windows 7 64-bit Microsoft Let me preface this by saying I have always had issues with the memory which I am installing new chips hopefully today Until then I was wondering if someone could have a look at the simple text that SFCFix came up with It will be below I also cannot run the scf scannow command in windows or safe mode due to the usual system protection thing I thought maybe if I posted the SFCFix log maybe someone will recognize it as being something that someone has seen I am also attaching the CBS log Thank you in advance SFCFix version by niemiro Start time - - Microsoft Windows Service Pack - amd Not using a script file AutoAnalysis WARNING Unicode Registry Corruption Detected HKEY LOCAL MACHINE COMPONENTS DerivedData Components amd mdmmc inf sf ad e n q no e c d f WARNING Unicode Registry Corruption Detected HKEY LOCAL MACHINE COMPONENTS DerivedData Components amd microsogt-windo s-b io data-cm linetoo bf ad e none e bbcb a c SUMMARY Some corruptions could not be fixed automatically Seek advice from helper or sysnative com CBS amp SFC total detected corruption count CBS amp SFC total unimportant corruption count CBS amp SFC total fixed corruption count SURT total detected corruption count SURT total unimportant corruption count SURT total fixed corruption count AutoAnalysis directive completed successfully Successfully processed all directives SFCFix version by niemiro has completed Currently storing datablocks Finish time - - ----------------------EOF-----------------------

A:80070002 error code when trying to update windows 7 64-bit

You have bitflips in the registry - possibly the result of problems with RAM.
I suggest testing with MemTest86+ first to check that out.

Please copy the C:\Windows\System32\config\COMPONENTS file (no extension) to your desktop and then compress it - upload the compressed file to your favoured fileshare site (preferably Dropbox or OneDrive) and post a link.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/363490-80070002-error-code-when-trying-update-windows-7-64-bit.html
Relevancy 87.42%

Hello all,
My computer has been acting strangely as of late, I have found nothing wrong on my end, however when i went to the "Windows Update Posting Instructions" section on how to post a thread in this area I came across multiple areas.
1. System Update Readiness Tool (SURT) - error
2. SFC Scan - error
3. Windows Update Error Codes - error
4. Log Collection - copied successfully.

I'm not too sure if any of you can help me due to the errors, however any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

A:Windows Update error 80070002 ( and many more errors inclusive. )

See if this helps
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2230957

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/297827-windows-update-error-80070002-many-more-errors-inclusive.html
Relevancy 87.42%

Hi
I've got a problem with windows update not working.I've included the cbs log after running sfc /scannow in administrator command.I've also included the screenshot of the Windows error.Thanks any help would be greatly appreciated.BigD

A:Windows 7 64 bit update error 80070002 December 2014

SFC found the following problems..

Code:
Line 42589: 2014-12-21 18:56:21, Info CSI 00000345 [SR] Repairing 4 components
Line 42590: 2014-12-21 18:56:21, Info CSI 00000346 [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
Line 42593: 2014-12-21 18:56:21, Info CSI 00000348 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:14{7}]"fde.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-fde, Version = 6.1.7601.17514, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 42596: 2014-12-21 18:56:21, Info CSI 0000034a [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:22{11}]"fdeploy.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-fdeploy, Version = 6.1.7601.17514, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 42599: 2014-12-21 18:56:21, Info CSI 0000034c [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"gptext.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-GroupPolicy-Gptext, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 42602: 2014-12-21 18:56:21, Info CSI 0000034e [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"gpedit.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-GroupPolicy-Admin-Gpedit, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
All these errors relate to Group Policy - which makes me think that you may be using some kind of hack on this machine to enable Group Policy in Home Premium?

Have you recently had a malware infestation?

I'll post a fix protocol later.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/356097-windows-7-64-bit-update-error-80070002-december-2014-a.html
Relevancy 87.42%

I've exhausted my ability to try to solve this one on my own. I've run all of the automated fixes I can find from Microsoft, so I'm asking for some more targeted help.

I'm running Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1. I have run the System Update Readiness Tool (May '14). It completes successfully, but I don't know what it actually accomplishes because it doesn't make things better as far as I can tell.

Here is my windows update screenshot:
Attachment 330898

Here is what I see when I try to run SFC:
Attachment 330899

Here's my CBS zip file:
Attachment 330900

Thanks in advance for the help. Let me know if there is more info you guys need from me.

A:Windows Update Failure, Error Code 80070002

Hi, Welcome to SF.

Try this,

Windows Update error 80070002 - Windows Help

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/343272-windows-update-failure-error-code-80070002-a.html
Relevancy 87.42%

I am getting error Windows Update error 80070002 while updating Service Pack1 on windows 7.
I am using Dell Inspiron INTEL PROCESSOR , 4GB RAM , 64 Bit Windows 7 Home premium OS
I have tried below Options
1. Stopping windows ' update , deleting temporary update files and starting update
2. SFC/scannow said 'no errors to be fixed '
3. Ran Fix it Tool which found few registry problems it could not fix . Few it could .

I still keep getting the same 80070002 Error .
Thanks in advance for the help. Let me know if there is more info you guys need from me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/383102-windows-7-update-error-80070002-while-updating-sp1-oct-2015-a.html
Relevancy 87.42%

Hello. I have noticed that there are 309 errors in my CBS log but I don't know how to fix them. I've been trying for around 6 months to install service pack 1 but no matter what method I try it fails showing the 80070002 error.
Here is my CBS log:

https://skydrive.live.com/embed?cid=...I0qCH6J-9WdJ4Y

Cheers

Relevancy 87.42%

I'd appreciate anyone's help with this. I can't do a Windows Update. I keep receiving error 80070002. I've gone and stop Windows Update and deleted the files in the Stored Maintenance and started it back up again but still didn't work. I've seen that you might have to do the registry repairs but I'm scared to mess up since this is a work laptop.

I've even tried to go in under the command prompt and do a CHKDSK C: /R but it gives me a prompt that asks Y or N if they want to run it after I've rebooted. I've done that and nothing changed.

A:Cannot perform a Windows Update. Keep Receiving Error 80070002

For Windows 7 update problems this will have to be completed. Then wait for our expert to drop by. He is very busy all the time so just hang in there.

Did you or did you not run chkdsk?

If you did what were the results?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/376314-cannot-perform-windows-update-keep-receiving-error-80070002-a.html
Relevancy 86.18%

Help me please..Its very Frustrating...thanks..

Online : FalseImage Health State : Repairable
Restart Needed : False
on my powershell

A:Windows 8.1 windows update Error Code 80070002

Two things to try:

How do I reset Windows Update components?

If no joy, run this command from an elevated command prompt:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/45115-windows-8-1-windows-update-error-code-80070002-a.html
Relevancy 85.56%

I'm not completely sure what's causing this issue, as it seemingly appeared out of the blue. However, a few weeks prior I had a new hard drive installed and transferred my existing OS and documents etc (everything) across onto it using Acronis, so I'm thinking that it could be a hard drive failure, or the beginning of one.

Anybody got any ideas?

A:Windows Update fails, error messages 800F0826, 80070002, 80073712

Pleasefollow the WindowsUpdate Posting Instructions and post the requested data

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/310421-windows-update-fails-error-messages-800f0826-80070002-80073712-a.html
Relevancy 109.22%

Dear rescue error working. Windows options update not 7 80070002, "usual" Forum the windows update service on my laptop only returns error It seems to be a common problem for a lot of people however most of the standard steps to take do not seem to work for my machine CHKDSK is ok sfc scannow however refuses to work Even with admin privileges Windows 7 update error 80070002, "usual" rescue options not working. it says that quot resource protection quot wont allow it to run If started from windows recovery mode sfc claims that there is another operation pending and a reboot is needed first Needless to say this other operation is stuck in limbo All other methods of manually deleting reseting the update logs including the bat from this website have failed Even returning to a Windows 7 update error 80070002, "usual" rescue options not working. system restore point brought no change The last known update to work was for net framework I'm not sure where to go from here since i figure my attempts might have already made the situation worse Had to use a third party filesharing provider Logs zip

A:Windows 7 update error 80070002, "usual" rescue options not working.

Please post the requested files anyhow.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/372132-windows-7-update-error-80070002-usual-rescue-options-not-working.html
Relevancy 105.78%

.NET Framework 1.1 SP1

I'm getting error code 80070002 when I try to update. It fails during the process. Any ideas??

A:Update Error 80070002

I get the same error. I tried the troubleshooting suggestions and they didn't work. Any help? Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/update-error-80070002-a-198596.html
Relevancy 105.78%

I built a machine years ago and update cannot 80070002 Error it had all sorts of BSOD errors When I moved about a year ago the computer went into a box Error 80070002 cannot update and didn't come out until last week when my daughter decided she needed a computer Well thanks to the help of people here the BSOD have been solved Now I have the issue of my install just won't upgrade I get an Code inside of windows update My windows shows as being registered and has the Genuine Microsoft logo on the bottom right of computer properties I have tried to follow the suggestions on microsoft's help site about disabling the Windows update service and then deleting the c windows SoftwareDistribution directory This didn't seem to help at all I'd like Error 80070002 cannot update not to have to wipe the hard drive and install all over again as there is some software installed on the machine that I can't find anymore and would hate to loose it But there are not any updates loaded on the machine as when I was getting the BSOD problems the only solution was to disable the automatic updates and not apply any as that caused the machine to blue screen it turned out it was bluescreening because the motherboard was twisted when it screwed down and caused memory issues If it isn't one thing it's got to be another HELP

A:Error 80070002 cannot update

First run CHKDSK and SFC - (again??)

Please run a full CHKDSK and SFC scan....
type in the Search box
CMD.EXE
right-click on the only file that is found
Select Run as Administrator
- the Elevated Command Prompt window should pop up
At the Command prompt, type
CHKDSK C: /R
and hit the Enter key.

You will be told that the drive is locked,
and the CHKDSK will run at he next boot - hit the Y key, and then reboot.

The chkdsk will take a few hours depending on the size
of the drive, so be patient!

After the CHKDSK has run, Windows should boot normally
(possibly after a second auto-reboot) - then run the SFC

SFC -System File Checker - Instructions
Click on the Start button
type in the Search box
CMD.EXE
right-click on the only file that is found
Select Run as Administrator - the Elevated Command Prompt window should pop up
At the Command prompt, type

SFC /SCANNOW

and hit the Enter key

Wait for the scan to finish - make a note of any error messages - and then reboot.

Try running the CheckSUR tool - System Update Readiness Tool that fixes Windows Update problems is available for Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 R2, and Windows Server 2008

assuming it 'installs' OK - or even if not - post the CheckSUR.log and CheckSUR.persist.log files and someone will take a look.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/244872-error-80070002-cannot-update.html
Relevancy 105.78%

My daughter's laptop is throwing BSODs and will not install Windows updates. I've downloaded the CheckSUR tool and have attached the log file from that. I need help getting the missing repair files OR I need help fixing the problems if getting the missing repair files isn't the direction I need to take.

We ran the CHKDSK and it said everything was ok. I think that's because when I finally tried to run it manually, it said everything was ok. I think she said it had run two or three days previously. I don't know if she started it or if the laptop started it on it's own after a BSOD and a reboot.

I tried to run the SFC but it was unsuccessful with the following message:

'Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.'

Can someone help? I don't want to wipe her laptop and start over, if at all possible. Thank you!

A:Error 80070002 cannot update

Hello DC, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Please read the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions, and post back with the needed information. One of our BSOD experts should be by later when able to further help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/334363-error-80070002-cannot-update.html
Relevancy 104.49%

Thanks in advance for your assistance on this.

Updates had not been running for a while so I decided to start figuring out why when I could not install Quickbooks.

Went thru all posts everywhere to try to fix the issue to no avail.

Always end up with update failure 0x80070002, and then if I go to shutdown it attempts to install 3 updates which end up failing every time.

1) Just ran SURT which appears to have unsuccessfully installed an update, because i ran it again and it did the same exact install which leads me to believe it didnt work last time.

2) Tried to run SFC every which way to Sunday, online, offline, with options, without, from two different Win 7 Pro Sp1 DVD's, always ends up failing saying reboot or system repair pending.

3) Only get error code 0X80070002

4) attached cbs log

Please let me know if there is any way to avoid a repair install or clean install

A:update error 80070002 unable to fix

Your CheckSUR log shows the following problems...

Code:
Unavailable repair files:
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2884256~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2884256~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2884256_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2884256_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2884256~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2884256~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2884256~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.cat
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2884256~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2884256_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2884256_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2884256~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2884256~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.cat
I'll post a fix when I can - but it probably won't be until Saturday afternoon.
Shout if you haven't heard by then!

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/321044-update-error-80070002-unable-fix.html
Relevancy 104.49%

hey there guys this is the first time i have problems with the windows vista updates on my vista ultimate laptop i recently downloaded updates Security Update for Windows Vista KB Update for Windows Mail Junk E-mail filter February KB Update for Windows Vista KB i dont care about the email update since i use gmail and not the windows outlook email service however the two others look important the other day i had just downloaded those updates together with a big update for my security program Bitdefender I opend windows update to quot install updates quot and it started to install the first one however i saw that i needed to reboot my laptop for the bitdefender and then i thought it would be more 80070002 update error Vista practical if i chose to switch of my laptop but installing the updates after it has logged off and everything and then shuts down quot Installs updates and then shuts down your computer quot lt -- from start menu so i clicked this but then tried to cancell the other updates which i had going on from the windows update window Vista update error 80070002 i really cant tell if it stopped probaly cos then my computer shut down and as good as i recall it did install them on the windows closing screen when i start up again i can see that these updates didnt install and down at my icon bar right buttom cornor i can see the update icon and it says quot New updates are availible quot when i press this i get to the windows update again and it asks for me to isntall the updates well they dont and give error and B i assume that this isnt important since when i press it it dosnt give me any help link so i press quot Get Help quot for the first error it suggests things stop windows update i did that and it didnt work delete temporary update files i tried this from both which the help guide explains DataStore folder and the Download folder which is found at c windows SoftwareDistribution i have to delete everything in the DataStore folder and the Download folder but when ever i try to delete them it says that i cant because those files folders are being used by another program so i close everything to do with the update task manager - gt proccesses - gt quot wuaclt exe quot end it i try deleting agian and it still dosnt work however when ever i end that proccess the icon dissapears but seconds afterwards it appears again meaning that it opens again i also tried switching the scedual to when my laptop should look for updates install them to a differnt time and day still didnt work S this was the last suggestion and it asks to restart the windows update quot You must be logged on as an administrator to perform these steps Click to open Administrative Tools Double-click Services If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation type the password or provide confirmation Right-click the Windows Update service and then click Restart quot i did this hasnt worked either any suggestions guys S this is really bugging me and i feel alitle insecure without the latest updates btw i have installed and downloaded updates since i got this laptop july with no problems help very appreciated thanks alot ktadie nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-update-error-80070002.683819/
Relevancy 104.49%

I've tried the Microsoft fixes browsed here and at Microsoft had Microsoft techs take over my computer and still no good I had another drive and clean installed Win SP same problem I checked for viruses Avast and Malwarebytes nothing found My PC there update error? the actual 80070002 an to fix Is is a homebrew Gigabyte GA-B -HD Intel Pentium G not OC'd Mb PNY PC - RAM My software is legit Originally my problems started with shutting down my PC before going to work and seeing updates are installing do not shut off machine I'd get home and see the same message I'd restart using the resset button and maybe that's what originally through things off if it was hanging It was still connected to the internet always is unless I shut down the machine As I said I've tried Microsoft fixes but my problem is obviously in Is there an actual fix to the 80070002 update error? the registry why it would be in my new install in my other drive I have no idea I'm at a loss and not a software geek though I can roam around in the system when I have an idea what to look for Any ideas

A:Is there an actual fix to the 80070002 update error?

Hi Brian,
can you run
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=52012

and then follow the instrutions in this link, on how/what we need.Windows Update Posting Instructions
Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/392777-there-actual-fix-80070002-update-error.html
Relevancy 104.49%

Hi All,

I have a users laptop that is failing to install SP1 with the above error code (80070002). WU is installing other updates so it appears to be a problem with SP1 rather than WU. Installing while logged in gives me the error code but if you hit shutdown then it just sits on the Configuring screen and the user has had to hard power off the laptop after a few hours.

I have a CBS log from running SFC /SCANNOW. https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...DYyd7tNJ8wHEqY

WU log from last week, I spent Friday (30th) working on it and then the log continues to date. https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...GPFbvJJZepjwak

Any help would be amazing! Unfortunatly this is a managers laptop so if I can avoid doing a rebuild that would be great.

Thanks!

Jay

A:SP1 Update Failing, Error 80070002

There's no SFC data in the CBS.log file
Please follow the instructions in http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/264840-windows-update-posting-instructions.html and post the requested data

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/267451-sp1-update-failing-error-80070002-a.html
Relevancy 103.63%

This one has me boggled. I've searched high low looking for a solution to this issue without any success thus far. As the title of the thread say, I've been unable to install SP1.

Link to my CBS directory (zipped): https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...6E21F538FA!107

SFC /SCANNOW reported no errors.

Let me know if you need anything else and thanks for the help.

The error message says, "Windows Update encountered an unknown error"

A:Win 7 x64 SP1 Update Failed, Error Code 80070002

There's no sign in your CBS.log file that SFC actually ran.
an 0x80070002 error is actually a 'File not found' error, and often means that a registry entry is pointed in the wrong direction, rather than that a file is missing.

Is your machine showing any other signs of problems?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/269020-win-7-x64-sp1-update-failed-error-code-80070002-a.html
Relevancy 103.63%

hi,

i'm running win7 ult sp1 - i get update error 80070002

Attachment 335486

i have tried so far:

Reset_Reregister_Windows_Update_Components

Reset_Windows_Update_History

Windows6.1-KB947821-v33-x64

WindowsUpdateDiagnostic:

Attachment 335488

any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

A:update error 80070002 - iv'e tried all recommended fixes

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/347602-update-error-80070002-ive-tried-all-recommended-fixes.html
Relevancy 102.34%

I purchased a new notebook with Windows 7 in October. During the first weeks I uninstalled McAfee and replaced the harddrive. Since November Windows Update fails with error messages and defender does not start anymore. I made several virus scans (complete) with multiple antivirus programs but nothing showed up.Since it took my days to install various software, I do not want to re-install W7. I also have no good backup that I could restore. I am really surprised that there is not even a single entry regarding the error code in the Microsoft Knowledge base or elsewhere.I really would appreciate help. 

A:Windows Update does not work, Windows Standalone Update Installer stops with error 0xc8000247 (Windows 7 Home Premium on Acer Aspire 1810TZ notebook)

Got it !!!!
If You are using notebooks with with hard drive larger than 700 GB you probably should update Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver.
Here is solution :
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02219204&cc=nl&lc=en&dlc=en&product
Download and install it.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3b716d4c-fb5f-411b-9aee-38af1c529336/windows-update-does-not-work-windows-standalone-update-installer-stops-with-error-0xc8000247?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 102.34%

Hi. I have tried multiple time times to install this update and am currently out of options.
My rig is x64 windows 8.1.
Solutions tried so far:
sfc /scannow
dism /online /cleanup-image /restoreHealth
dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup

Both the commands show there's no corrupted files in the system.
So then i tried re-installing SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2 and then installing SP3. Then I tried Fix Windows Update, all to no avail. What should i do now?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 8133 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970, -1 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 121900 MB, Free - 87219 MB; D: Total - 953739 MB, Free - 723740 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., Z97-DELUXE
Antivirus: Bitdefender Antivirus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Relevancy 102.34%

I've been unable to update Windows for awhile so this really has nothing to do with Windows distribution although the problem persists there update Windows7 (unknown error fails 80070002) as well Upon researching Micriosoft's debuggin suggestions I went to C Windows SoftwareDistribution DataStore and attempted to delet the file DataStore edb as well as the contents of the Log subdir In doing so I received a popup indication that I would require administator privileges to complete the operation So I clicked on Confinue nothing happened the cursor just returned So I tried to change the name of the file so it would not be recognized by the system This resulted in the same Youl'll require administrator permissions to which I clicked Continue and thar returned a message stating the file or folde does not exist So I tried going to the file properties and changing the file persmiission and received a popuup stating Can t open access control editor The system cannot find the file specified I am the sole user and administrator of this laptop Can anyone tell me if I'm heading in the right direction and if so what to do to continue Windows7 update fails (unknown error 80070002) Thanks

A:Windows7 update fails (unknown error 80070002)

Did you ever register yourself as administrater?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584938/windows7-update-fails-unknown-error-80070002/
Relevancy 102.34%

Hello,

I have kept having this issue for a couple of months now, tried several things without finding any good response. Windows Update try to install this .NET update for windows 7 every time I turn off the computer.

Error code : 80070002
Update : KB2943357

Edit : Here comes the CBS log files

A:Error 80070002 while installing .NET Framework 3.5.1 update kb2943357

There's no errors in your posted logs.
The 80070002 error is a 'file not found' one - please post your C:\Windows\windowsupdate.log file and I'll see if it gives me any clues.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/357987-error-80070002-while-installing-net-framework-3-5-1-update-kb2943357.html
Relevancy 102.34%

Hi. I have tried multiple time times to install this update and am currently out of options.
My rig is x64 windows 8.1.
Solutions tried so far:
sfc /scannow
dism /online /cleanup-image /restoreHealth
dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup

Both the commands show there's no corrupted files in the system.
So then i tried re-installing SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2 and then installing SP3. Then I tried Fix Windows Update, all to no avail. What should i do now?

Relevancy 101.05%

Hi Guys,

Was unable to update this 2 .Net updates. Have been trying to search online for solution including microsoft solution but failed too.

Can someone please guide?

Thanks!

A:Update Failed: KB2729452, KB2742599; Error Found: 80070002

First try downloading then ofr local installation - get the appropriate ones from these links.
Download: - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details
Download from Official Microsoft Download Center
Use a Clean Boot procedure, and see if they install that way
How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

- if not we need the exacts error messages, and the CBS and CheckSUR logs

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/273884-update-failed-kb2729452-kb2742599-error-found-80070002-a.html
Relevancy 98.9%

When I try to install KB3182373, a "Security Update for Microsoft Silverlight", Windows Update reports failure with the message "Code 643 Windows Update encountered an unknown error".
I ran WindowsUpdateDiagnostic.diagcab. It reported that "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem".
What can I do to fix this? I'm running Windows 7 Professional.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ab3e30fe-b420-45f1-b3b0-9fd7f93fbe5a/windows-update-fails-when-installing-kb3182373-code-643-windows-update-encountered-an-unknown?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 98.47%

I am using Windows Professional with Service Pack Windows Update has lost my update history and hangs when I tell it to check for updates Windows Update Troubleshooter reports quot Windows Update error x - - -T- P Not Fixed quot How can I get Windows Update working again Here is a detailed account 0x80070057 Reports Not Update Error Fixed Hangs, Windows Windows Update Troubleshooter of the problem Earlier today I ran Windows Update and told it to install important updates It said it was downloading them but stalled for minutes at done I rebooted my computer and re-ran Windows Update It reported that there were no pending important updates I clicked quot View update history quot and saw that the most recent important updates had failed I clicked quot Check for Updates quot and when it finished checking Windows Update continued to report that there were no pending important updates At that point I Windows Update Hangs, Windows Update Troubleshooter Reports Error 0x80070057 Not Fixed concluded that something was wrong with Windows Update In an attempt to fix it I downloaded and ran the Windows Update Troubleshooter WindowsUpdateDiagnostic diagcab It reported one problem found quot Windows Update error x - - -T- P Not Fixed quot After running Windows Update Troubleshooter I re-ran Windows Update It reported that my most recent check for updates was quot Never quot and that updates were installed quot Never quot When I clicked quot View update history quot I saw an empty list When I clicked quot Check for updates quot the application stalled at quot Checking for updates quot I have re-booted re-run Windows Update Troubleshooter and re-run Windows Update at least twice more Windows Update Troubleshooter continues to report quot Windows Update error x quot and Windows Update continues to show no update history and to hang on quot Checking for updates quot

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/25a67d86-9ee5-460d-924b-663a55e34b06/windows-update-hangs-windows-update-troubleshooter-reports-error-0x80070057-not-fixed?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 97.61%

Sorry to everyone.This report is an mistake. The PC which is fixed by Combofix is very well.The new problem PC is another.After all of steps in Thunder's post, WindowsUpdate is fixed.But My Neighborhood still can't work.I try to set another PC's IP as 192.168.0.1, and myself PC's IP as 192.168.0.2.Then ping 192.168.0.1, there is no request sent back.But when I ping my PC from another PC(ping 192.168.0.2), it's work.I can see my share folder from another PC, but can't see another PC on my PC.I try to reinstall network card driver, but no help.My PC can use PPPoE to connect Internet now.My system is WinXP-SP3How can I FIX this ?Thanx for help....

A:After "Windows Update error 80244019; DNS address 85.255.112.107, How to fix my Windows Update Error"

This report is an mistake.Thank you for letting us know. Since this issue seems to be resolved, this thread will now be closed.In case you experience any problems with the computer, please Start a new topic.Happy computing,Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/195023/after-windows-update-error-80244019;-dns-address-85255112107-how-to-fix-my-windows-update-error/
Relevancy 97.61%

I get the error code: 80070002 when I try to look for new updates...

I have tried troubleshooting from that list of the manual it provides you but nothing works. =\

Anyone got any idea?

Thank you.

Relevancy 97.18%

Tried the following Update works if I bypass the router ie connect the PC directly to modem It also works from different ISP through router at work Format disk amp Reinstall windows From windowsupdate log - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http download windowsupdate com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab gt error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING DownloadFileInternal failed for http download windowsupdate com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab error x efd - - c Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C muv wuredir cab - - c Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - c Misc WARNING SendRequest failed with hr efd Proxy List used lt gt Bypass List used lt null gt 0x80072efd update - with Windows Client error Windows detect Update to Can't failed 7 Auth Schemes used lt gt - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http download microsoft com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab gt error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING SendRequest failed with hr efd Proxy List used lt gt Bypass List used lt null gt Auth Schemes used lt gt - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http download microsoft com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab gt error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING SendRequest failed with hr efd Proxy List used lt gt Bypass List used lt null gt Auth Schemes used lt gt - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http download microsoft com v windowsupdate Can't update Windows 7 - Windows Update Client failed to detect with error 0x80072efd redir muv wuredir cab gt Can't update Windows 7 - Windows Update Client failed to detect with error 0x80072efd error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING SendRequest failed with hr efd Proxy List used lt gt Bypass List used lt null gt Auth Schemes used lt gt - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http download microsoft com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab gt error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING DownloadFileInternal failed for http download microsoft com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab error x efd - - c Misc Validating signature for - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http www update microsoft com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab gt error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING SendRequest failed with hr efd Proxy List used lt gt Bypass List used lt null gt Auth Schemes used lt gt - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http www update microsoft com v windowsupdate redir muv wu... Read more

A:Can't update Windows 7 - Windows Update Client failed to detect with error 0x80072efd

Hi,

Try to remove the proxy server entry from the WinHTTP proxy configuration for Windows 7:

Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start programs and files box.
Right-click cmd.exe in the Programs list, and then click Run as administrator.
Note If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or click Continue.
Type the following command and then press Enter:
netsh winhttp show proxy
Note The proxy setting is listed next to Proxy Server. If there is no proxy server, Direct Access <no proxy server> is shown in the Command Prompt window.
To remove the listed proxy setting, type the following command and then press Enter:

netsh winhttp reset proxy
Click Start, click All Programs, click Windows Update, and then try to download and install updates again.Alex Zhaozx
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f37e3638-beac-445a-83f4-21cf85cb05fe/cant-update-windows-7-windows-update-client-failed-to-detect-with-error-0x80072efd?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 97.18%

Hi everyone I've been having problems with installing both Visual Studio Express SP and Visual Studio Express I've been trying to set up a project that uses npm and one of the npm modules it uses is protagonist which apparently needs a C compiler The installers fail when installing Visual Studio itself with an error message attached Over the past several hours I've been browsing everywhere trying to find a solution and as part of the search I've stumbled over these sevenforums threads Windows bit Ultimate Update Error code x b Windows Professional x trying to upgrade to SP Error x b Based on that and my CBS logs it SP1 x64 Windows 7 - 0x8007370b Error seems that I have some sort of registry corruption Now I haven't reinstalled my Win install for some time now but consider myself a power user and have a working computer security knowledge so I'm pretty sure I don't have any at least obvious viruses or other malware I'm running the standard MSE and the windows firewall My primary hard drive is a SSD a Mushkin GB and so far I didn't see any signs of HDD corruption CHKDSK gives these results for the SSD not sure how Windows 7 x64 SP1 - Error 0x8007370b to hide a long paste in a quot spoiler quot tag CHKDSK is verifying files stage of file records processed File verification completed large file Windows 7 x64 SP1 - Error 0x8007370b records processed bad file records processed EA records processed reparse records processed CHKDSK is verifying indexes stage of index entries processed Index verification completed unindexed files scanned unindexed files recovered CHKDSK is verifying security descriptors stage of file SDs SIDs processed Security descriptor verification completed data files processed CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal USN bytes processed Usn Journal verification completed Windows has checked the file system and found no problems KB total disk space KB in files KB in indexes KB in bad sectors KB in use by the system KB occupied by the log file KB available on disk bytes in each allocation unit total allocation units on disk allocation units available on disk SFC gives me this after a few seconds C Windows system gt sfc scannow Beginning system scan This process will take some time Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation I've tried CheckSUR as well it installed one hotfix but didn't seem to solve anything I've attached the contents of my CBS directory as well as my COMPONENTS registry key Thanks for any help I'm about to give up Additionally after the CheckSUR step it seems now when I try clicking on Check for Updates in Windows Update it gives me an error Windows cannot search for new updates with the error code B the same one as before That's the only error it shows One a side note anyone know of a way to install at least the VC compiler MsBuild exe without actually installing it and failing

A:Windows 7 x64 SP1 - Error 0x8007370b

From your CheckSUR log...

Code:
Checking Component Store
(f) CSI Corrupt Component Keyform 0x00000000 identity x86_micvosoft-windows-azman_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17514_none_585e832110fb75a4 identity and keyform do not match; keyform is wrong.
(f) CSI Corrupt Identity 0xC0150017 Microsoft-Windows-DXP-DeviceExperience, Culture=neutral, Vevsion=6.1.7601.17514, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, ProcessorErchitecture=amd64, versionScope=NonSxS amd64_mmcrosoft-windows-dxp-deviceexperience_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17514_none_a54b31331066c8e2 Bad identity
(f) CSI Manifest Missing 0x00000002 amd64_mmcrosoft-windows-dxp-deviceexperience_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17514_none_a54b31331066c8e2.manifest amd64_mmcrosoft-windows-dxp-deviceexperience_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17514_none_a54b31331066c8e2
Summary:
Seconds executed: 279
Found 3 errors
CSI Manifest Missing Total count: 1
CSI Corrupt Component Keyform Total count: 1
CSI Corrupt Identity Total count: 1
winsxs\manifests\amd64_mmcrosoft-windows-dxp-deviceexperience_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17514_none_a54b31331066c8e2.manifest
Your CBS.log is frankly rather a mess

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/324995-windows-7-x64-sp1-error-0x8007370b.html
Relevancy 95.46%

Hello.

Two of my updates are repeatedly failing with the errors 800F0900 and 80070002. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Windows Update Errors 800F0900, 80070002

Here's the problem summary from CheckSUR...

Code:
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-htmlrendering_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20742_none_7a3b4f88ac52fcc5.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_fbc3d1116bf4f04b54afe28d79392193_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.20826_none_e0371cfd3d407a8e.manifest
servicing\packages\Package_147_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_147_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_148_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Win8IP-Microsoft-Windows-DownlevelApisets-WinIP-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~7.1.7601.16492.mum
servicing\packages\Package_147_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_147_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_148_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Win8IP-Microsoft-Windows-DownlevelApisets-WinIP-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~7.1.7601.16492.cat
...and from SFC...

Code:
Line 215611: 2014-04-18 10:09:46, Info CSI 00000b2b [SR] Repairing 5 components
Line 215612: 2014-04-18 10:09:46, Info CSI 00000b2c [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
Line 215615: 2014-04-18 10:09:46, Info CSI 00000b2e [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:24{12}]"rndismpx.sys" of netrndis.inf, Version = 6.1.7601.18076, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type = [l:24{12}]"driverUpdate", TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 215618: 2014-04-18 10:09:46, Info CSI 00000b30 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:24{12}]"kernel32.amx" of Microsoft-Windows-Application-Experience-API-Tracing-Infrastructure-Manifests, Version = 6.1.7601.17514, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_IA32_ON_WIN64 (10), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 215621: 2014-04-18 10:09:46, Info CSI 00000b32 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:14{7}]"mip.exe" of Microsoft-Windows-TabletPC-MathInputPanel, Version = 6.1.7601.17514, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_IA32_ON_WIN64 (10), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 215624: 2014-04-18 10:09:46, Info CSI 00000b34 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:18{9}]"hgcpl.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-HomeGroup-ControlPanel, Version = 6.1.7601.17514, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 215627: 2014-04-18 10:09:46, Info CSI 00000b36 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:40{20}]"PhotoScreensaver.scr" of Microsoft-Windows-PhotoScreensaver, Version = 6.1.7601.17514, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch

I'll post fixes for them a bit later.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/328909-windows-update-errors-800f0900-80070002-a.html
Relevancy 95.46%

I was getting errors 800B0100 with 10 Windows Updates. It keeps trying to install them every time the PC is shut down.

Upon running CheckSUR (with KB3045999, KB3046306, KB3046482, KB2952664 and KB2990214 downloads from MS saved to the C:\Windows\CheckSur\Packages folder), I now get errors 80246007 and 80070002.

CheckSUR.log, CheckSUR.persist.log and sfcdetails.txt attached. Can anyone advise what my next step could be? Thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/383933-windows-update-errors-80246007-80070002-a.html
Relevancy 95.46%

Windows update fails with errors 80070002 and 80246007. Tried Windows Update Troubleshooter and Windows Update Readiness Tool, but wasn't fixed. Ran sfc /scannow, fails at 22%. Attached the CBS.zip. Thanks in advance.

A:Windows Update errors 80070002 and 80246007

CheckSUR shows the following problem files.

Code:
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-capi2-certs_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16784_none_1e82b42cadd77b7d.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-capi2-certs_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16784_none_c26418a8f57a0a47.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-capi2-certs_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.20928_none_1f51338dc6c0d624.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-capi2-certs_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.21687_none_20f5aedbc418d338.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-capi2-certs_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17582_none_2067109eaaffb4bb.manifest
servicing\packages\Package_2_for_KB2524375~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_2_for_KB2524375~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_4_for_KB2524375~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_4_for_KB2524375~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2524375_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2524375_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2524375_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2524375_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2524375~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2524375~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_2_for_KB2524375~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.cat
servicing\packages\Package_2_for_KB2524375~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.cat
servicing\packages\Package_4_for_KB2524375~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.cat
servicing\packages\Package_4_for_KB2524375~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2524375_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2524375_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2524375_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2524375_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2524375~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.cat
SFC crashed with these error messages.

Code:
2014-05-29 08:26:41, Error CSI 000001fb (F) c0000185 [Error,Facility=(system),Code=389 (0x0185)] #2238958# from Windows::Rtl::SystemImplementation::DirectFileSystemProvider::SysReadFile(h = 96c ("\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-font-truetype-mingliu_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_170f5b78a1ae6145\mingliu.ttc"), evt = 0, apcr = NULL, apcc = NULL, iosb = @0x15ecdf0, data = {l:0 b:}, byteoffset = 18677760 (0x00000000011d0000), key = (null))
[gle=0xd0000185]
2014-05-29 08:26:41, Error CSI 000001fc@2014/5/29:12:26:41.463 (F) d:\win7sp1_gdr\base\wcp\sil\merged\ntu\ntsystem.cpp(2155): Error c0000185 [Error,Facility=(system),Code=389 (0x0185)] originated in function Windows::Rtl::SystemImplementation::DirectFileSystemProvider::SysReadFile expression: (null)
[gle=0x80004005]
2014-05-29 08:26:50, Error CSI 000001fd (F) c0000185 [Error,Facility=(system),Code=389 (0x0185)] #2238957# from Windows::Rtl::SystemImplementation::CFile_IRtlFileTearoff::ReadFile(Flags = 3, Buffer = {l:0 ml:65536 b:}, Offset = 18677760 (0x00000000011d0000), Disposition = 0)[gle=0xd0000185]
2014-05-29 08:36:54, Info CBS Reboot mark refs incremented to: 1
2014-05-29 08:36:54, Info CBS Scavenge: Starts
2014-05-29 08:36:54, Info CSI 000001fe@2014/5/29:12:36:54.880 CSI Transaction @0x744c040 initialized for deployment engine {d16d444c-56d8-11d5-882d-0080c847b195} with flags 00000002 and client id [10]"TI6.0_0:0/"
This error is a little puzzling - but may indicate that the system is unable to read the file properly.

Please run the following commands in an Elevated Command Prompt, and we'll see i... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/333063-windows-update-errors-80070002-80246007-a.html
Relevancy 95.46%

i ran windows update and it seemed to do its thing. Then it seems to always want to update (had the shield icon on the shutdown button). So after doing that a few times i realized it was failing to actually apply the updates and giving me the following errors:

800B0100

I've tried the update rediness tool, the "fix it" thing from microsoft which failed to fix it and i tried updating individually, but they all fail with the same error.

Attached is my log from SUR

Thank you!

A:windows update: errors 800B0100 and 80070002

You appear to have some major corruption present.

Code:
Seconds executed: 721
Found 115 errors
CSI Manifest All Zeros Total count: 69
CBS MUM Corrupt Total count: 23
CBS Catalog Corrupt Total count: 23
Luckily, it's all from a single update, so it may be fixable.

I'll post a fix protocol when I can get through my backlog!

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/364641-windows-update-errors-800b0100-80070002-a.html
Relevancy 95.46%

I'm running Windows Pro on my Dell laptop This laptop has update error.. System Checker install integrity Windows error..iTunes File error been in storage and hasn't been turned on in a year Originally all I wanted to do was use iTunes The problem It made me update it in order to use it but I got an error I un-installed it and tried downloading a fresh copy and I get the following error After some Googling I read that not having the latest Windows NET framework might be the problem Sounded reasonable so I fired up Windows Update but that gave me an error and wouldn't start checking for updates I managed to get it to check for updates but now when it starts the process I get the following I Windows update error.. System File Checker integrity error..iTunes install error Googled the error code E and tried a few things to try and fix it I downloaded the windowsupdatediagnostic diagcab found on Microsoft's site here http windows microsoft com en-us windows troubleshoot-problems-installing-updates TC windows- I tried resetting the Windows Update reset tool using MicrosoftFixit found here http go microsoft com linkid I download the system readiness tool found here https www microsoft com en-us download details aspx Windows update error.. System File Checker integrity error..iTunes install error id I tried a clean boot I tried renaming the Windows Update Softwaredistribution folder None of this worked I ran the System File Checker tool SFC exe and the results said I had bad files but I don't know how to fix them It generated a CBS log which is too large for me to post MB so I've uploaded to dropbox here https www dropbox com s upin te z lcx CBS log dl And a sfcdetails log which from what I understand is a easier-to-read version of the CBS log which I've attached in the following post It was also recommended that I run SFCfix from here http www sysnative com niemiro apps SFCFix exe At some point it asked me to insert the windows DVD if I had it which I didn't I'm trying to fix this laptop for a relative of mine and I don't think they have their original CDs I've attached the SFClog here SFCFix version by niemiro Start time - - Microsoft Windows Service Pack - amd Not using a script file AutoAnalysis CORRUPT C Windows winsxs amd microsoft-windows-servicingstack bf ad e none ce c de cb f smipi dll SUMMARY Some corruptions could not be fixed automatically Seek advice from helper or sysnative com CBS amp SFC total detected corruption count CBS amp SFC total unimportant corruption count CBS amp SFC total fixed corruption count SURT total detected corruption count SURT total unimportant corruption count SURT total fixed corruption count AutoAnalysis directive completed successfully Successfully processed all directives SFCFix version by niemiro has completed Currently storing datablocks Finish time - - ----------------------EOF---------------------- I appreciate any help you can offer All of this is just to fix iTunes and I don't even know if any of this will even fix the iTunes problem to begin with But I'd still like to try Thank you for your help SFC details log if you need that - - Info CSI SR Verifying x components - - Info CSI a SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI c SR Verify complete - - Info CSI d SR Verifying x components - - Info CSI e SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI SR Verify complete - - Info CSI SR Verifying x components - - Info CSI SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI SR Verify complete - - Info CSI SR Verifying x components - - Info CSI SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI SR Verify complete - - Info CSI SR Verifying x components - - Info CSI a SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI c SR Verify complete - - Info CSI d SR Verifying x components - - Info CSI e SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI SR Verify complete - - Info CSI SR Verifying x components - - Info CSI SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - ... Read more

A:Windows update error.. System File Checker integrity error..iTunes install error

Open the Command Prompt, copy and paste the commands below one at a time followed by pressing Enter after each command.

net stop wuauserv

rmdir /s %windir%\softwaredistribution\wuredir

net start wuauserv

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576057/windows-update-error-system-file-checker-integrity-erroritunes-install-error/
Relevancy 95.03%

Hello all Over the last year or so to trying upgrade Error Windows x64, SP1 7 0x8007370b Professional to I haven't been using my PC at all really It's only used to watch films on of a night and as a result of this it's not really been looked after in the way of updates etc However I am wanting to upgrade my OS to the latest version on Windows x which I believe to be Windows 7 Professional x64, trying to upgrade to SP1 Error 0x8007370b SP It's important that I mention for a while my machine has been unable to do any update Windows 7 Professional x64, trying to upgrade to SP1 Error 0x8007370b successfully It usually says that it's doing the update but just hangs there for hours and doesn't actually do anything or just fails straight from the off I have tried to do the updates which Windows 7 Professional x64, trying to upgrade to SP1 Error 0x8007370b it is saying I should do x important and x optional for which I have attached the screen shots for due to the reasons mentioned above I have also followed the instructions for 'Windows Update Posting Instructions' although it failed on that too I've completed step successfully but it failed on step see screen shot and Step I've already mentioned above so there's another screen shot for that and Step I've attached my log in zipped format I have honestly tried my best to get this working but I just can't seem to get anywhere Just a few points to make my copy of Windows Pro is legitimate and my PC is a custom build from a few years back which I can give you the spec for if required Any help is very much appreciated at this stage Thanks in advance Craig

A:Windows 7 Professional x64, trying to upgrade to SP1 Error 0x8007370b

Hi Craig,
I'm sure others will respond and hopefully fix your problem, I don't have the expertise.
one thing I did was to download a win 7 ISO with Sp1 included, less to update if I needed to reinstall.
You can get it here
www.askvg.com/direct-download-links-download-official-original-and-untouched-windows-7-iso-32-bit-and-64-bit/
Sorry if I'm telling you something you already know,
hope you get it sorted without too much hassle.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/293974-windows-7-professional-x64-trying-upgrade-sp1-error-0x8007370b.html
Relevancy 95.03%

I'm having trouble updating my newly installed Windows 7 sp1. I've tried almost every automated fix or remidy I could find but nothing has worked. I'm able to sometimes download a couple updates at a time but other times I just get a stalled install or an error code. I had the same 0x8007370B error before the clean install I did which leads me to believe the install disk could be at fault. I would really appreciate some help!

Edit: Ran the windows update troubleshooter again and got the error code: 0x80070246

A:Windows 7 Updater, error code 0x8007370B

You appear to have a corrupt registry.

Code:
2015-06-13 17:34:56, Info CSI 00000023 Ignoring duplicate ownership for directory [l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\SchCache" in component Microsoft-Windows-Active-Directory-Services-Interface-LDAP-Provider, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral
2015-06-13 17:34:57, Error CSI 00000024@2015/6/13:22:34:57.091 (F) d:\win7sp1_gdr\base\lstring\lblob.cpp(2362): Error STATUS_ILLEGAL_CHARACTER originated in function RtlCompareEncodedLBlobs expression: __rv.UcsCharacter != (0xffffffff)
[gle=0x80004005]
2015-06-13 17:34:57, Error CSI 00000025@2015/6/13:22:34:57.278 (F) d:\win7sp1_gdr\base\wcp\cdf\cdf_builder.cpp(148): Error STATUS_ILLEGAL_CHARACTER originated in function Windows::Cdf::Rtl::CSingleInstanceTable<class Windows::Cdf::Rtl::CStringTableTraits,struct _CDF_STRINGID>::FindOrAdd expression: this->FindOrInsertIfNotPresent(In, tmp, &pFound, &fFound)
[gle=0x80004005]
2015-06-13 17:34:57, Error CSI 00000026 (F) STATUS_ILLEGAL_CHARACTER #629023# from CFileInstaller::CommitChanges(...)[gle=0xd0000161]
2015-06-13 17:34:57, Error CSI 00000027 (F) STATUS_ILLEGAL_CHARACTER #629022# from PrimitiveInstaller::CCoordinator::FinalizeChanges(...)[gle=0xd0000161]
The problem is that I'm not sure exactly where the problem is.

From the looks of it, there is more than just the one error...

Code:
2015-06-13 16:37:11, Info CBS Appl: Partial install Status testing, package: Package_for_KB2506212_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2, partially installed (true/false), 0
2015-06-13 16:37:11, Info CBS Appl: Partial install Status testing, package: Package_for_KB2506212~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2, partially installed (true/false), 0
2015-06-13 16:37:11, Info CBS Session: 30451233_456427137 initialized by client WindowsUpdateAgent.
2015-06-13 16:37:12, Error CSI 00000191 (F) Unable to parse processor architecture: [l:10{5}]"wow64"
[gle=0x80004005]
2015-06-13 16:37:12, Error CSI 00000192@2015/6/13:21:37:12.335 (F) d:\win7sp1_gdr\base\wcp\identity\id_authority_helpers.cpp(1548): Error STATUS_SXS_INVALID_IDENTITY_ATTRIBUTE_VALUE originated in function Windows::Identity::Rtl::Implementation::id_AddBuiltinToBuiltinAttributes expression: IsValid
[gle=0x80004005]
2015-06-13 16:37:12, Error CSI 00000193 (F) STATUS_SXS_INVALID_IDENTITY_ATTRIBUTE_VALUE #1765915# from Windows::Identity::Rtl::Implementation::CRtlIdentityAuthority::IRtlIdentityAuthority_Parse(flags = 0, string = [l:340{170}]"Microsoft-Windows-Security-Digest,culture=neutral,version=6.1.7601.22712,processorArchitecture=wow64,publicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35,buildType=release,versionScope=nonSxS")
[gle=0xd0150016]
2015-06-13 16:37:12, Info CBS Failed to get definition identity. [HRESULT = 0x8007370a - ERROR_SXS_INVALID_IDENTITY_ATTRIBUTE_VALUE]
2015-06-13 16:37:12, Info CBS Failed to get definition identity [HRESULT = 0x8007370a - ERROR_SXS_INVALID_IDENTITY_ATTRIBUTE_VALUE]
2015-06-13 16:37:12, Info CBS Failed to get definition identity [HRESULT = 0x8007370a - ERROR_SXS_INVALID_IDENTITY_ATTRIBUTE_VALUE]
2015-06-13 16:37:12, Info CBS Failed to initialize BranchFlagAndOwnerString [HRESULT = 0x8007370a - ERROR_SXS_INVALID_IDENTITY_ATTRIBUTE_VALUE]
2015-06-13 16:37:12, Info CBS Failed to populate update with information. [HRESULT = 0x8007370a - ERROR_SXS_INVALID_IDENTITY_ATTRIBUTE_VALUE]
2015-06-13 16:37:12, Info CBS Failed to translate parsed manifest into package/update objects [HRESULT = 0x8007370a - ERROR_SXS_INVALID_IDENT... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/372752-windows-7-updater-error-code-0x8007370b.html
Relevancy 94.6%

We couldn't install Windows 10
0xC1900101 - 0x40017
We've set you PC back to where it was right before you started installing Windows 10
The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during BOOT operation
What was tried: Connected straight to ethernet, Turned off wireless and Defender A/V, Removing the D/L files, D/L fresh from ISO file, launched install file, went through approx 50% and PC rebooted - nor stuck on black screen with swirling dots for OVER 4 hours with a brief HD access every couple of seconds.
Rebooted again -- still swirling dots on black screen. Tried again, same results.
Rebooted with F8 to get original Win 10 back.
Turned on "metered connection" option for WLAN to stop this update from happening. But now I cannot get and security updates for this machine.
Please suspend this D/L until fixed. Cannot afford to have no protection!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438835-update-windows-10-anniversary-update-will-not-install-error-0xc1900101-0x40017-second-boot.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Hi everybody

I get windows update error code 2 on installing Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5, 4.5.1 and 4.5.2 on Windows 7, Vista, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2 x64 (KB2978128)
I have also some other errors installing Internet Explorer 11.

I have used "sfc /scannow" command but it didn't find any integrity violations. the CBS log is attached.

I have also used SUR and the log file can be found attached to this post.

Any help is appreciated.

A:Windows update error code 2 on installing security update .NETF 4.52

Not as bad as I thought from the file size of the CheckSUR log...

Code:
Summary:
Seconds executed: 626
Found 40 errors
CSI Manifest All Zeros Total count: 40
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-ieshims_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_ae6c710c2475d6dd.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-ieshims_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_c5578c400ab73d40.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-scripting-jscript9_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_ab08cdc647ee4ac0.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-extcompat_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_a38eed1960d6da24.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-i..ersandsecurityzones_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_32ad7426474825c0.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-ratings_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_455c9a9ecd397534.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ieinstal_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_66663569022097ee.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-extcompat_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_ba7a084d47184087.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-js-debuggeride_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_b8c293a66f3311dc.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-runtimeutilities_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_ae82eb7016c1044d.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-lowreg_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_0f2b73186e1db6ad.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-scripting-jscript_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_e9bf29ad81612b17.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-gc-registeriepkeys_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_a5b33267944d950c.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-sysprep_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_82715ae744395a3d.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-i..tocolimplementation_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_7fb34fc812514c53.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-sysprep_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_995c761b2a7ac0a0.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-htmlrendering_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_910d6ee692a7b589.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-runtimeutilities_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_c56e06a3fd026ab0.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-lowreg_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_26168e4c545f1d10.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-i..etexplorer-optional_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_1680b8a41e440241.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-js-debuggeride_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_a1d7787288f1ab79.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-setup-support_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_439b116ecef783db.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-gc-registeriepkeys_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_8ec81733ae0c2ea9.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-versioninfo_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_6605203fbf36f2d9.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-ratings_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_2e717f6ae6f80ed1.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-scripting-jscript9_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_c1f3e8fa2e2fb123.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-pdm-configuration_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_b72e2fb5a0a8f7b3.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-vgx_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_6b016db5593931ef.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-setup-support_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_2caff63ae8b61d78.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-pdm-configuration_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_ce194ae986ea5e16.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-i..etexplorer-optional_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_ff959d7038029bde.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd6... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/365236-windows-update-error-code-2-installing-security-update-netf-4-52-a.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Hey,

I'm trying to install update KB976932 (Windows Service pack 1 for 64bit) and KB982526 (Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1) but I keep getting error 800b100 which stops me from doing so.

I've tried deactivating my firewall; manually installing from the microsoft website; and using the system readiness tool but I keep getting the same error

I've attached log files and I believe some files are corrupt. How can I replace them?
Can anyone please help me out?

Thanks.

A:Windows 7 - Update KB976932 and KB982526 update failure- error 800b100

i am facing the same problem even, tried installing manually, readiness tool and fix it, nothing works. So i just turned off windows update,
windows update Code error 800B100
I amrunning 64 bit windows 7 ultimate

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/147233-windows-7-update-kb976932-kb982526-update-failure-error-800b100.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Hey all,

So I am currently reinstalling Windows on my dad's old laptop after the hard drive decided up die on us, and I stumbled on a problem that's a bit too hard for me to fix.

Namely, I am completely unable to install any Windows Update. Not even MSE will install.

I tried running SURT, but got error code 0x8000247
I also tried running SFC /SCANNOW, it ran the verification fase until 98% and then stated that there where unfixable problems.

The displayed error codes are:
In WU: "8024A000"
In SURT: "0x8000247"
Whilst installing MSE: "0x80070643".

Attached you will find CBS.log and MSINFO with my system specs.
Cheers and many thanks in advance,
Nommy

CBS.log MSINFO32.nfo

A:Windows Update error code 8024A000; unable to install any update.

That's very reminiscent of similar errors in Win7 - and I wouldn't be surprised to see it being non-genuine.
Please post an MGADiag report BEFORE doing the below potential fixes.

This may simply be caused by a bad set of Intel Storage Matrix Technology drivers -

Installing the Intel Drivers
try downloading and installing them from here -
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...&DwnldID=17882

(IATA89ENU.exe)

Once complete, please reboot twice, then post another MGADiag report.

If nothing has changed, try this...

Please run the following commands in an Elevated Command Prompt

NET STOP CRYPTSVC
REN C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CATROOT2 CATROOT2OLD
NET START CRYPTSVC

once complete, leave the system alone for at least an hour to rebuild the database, then reboot, and run another MGADiag report and post the results.

If neither of them work, we'll re-evaluate.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/302946-windows-update-error-code-8024a000-unable-install-any-update.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Hello,

I recieve error C80003FA whenever I do a Windows Update run. It doesn't get past the stage of checking for updates.

I've tried several fixes including:
- Waiting 15 minutes and running Windows Update again.
- Letting Windows Update run on its own schedule.
- SFC /Scannow
- Renaming the Catroot2 Folder.
- Running 3 different Fixit tools.
- Clean windows install.

After each and every one of those fixes I've tried windows update and I still get error C80003FA.

SFC Scannow has previously said no errors, but the last run through it said there were unfixable errors. I've got the log, though for brevity's sake I will keep it until someone asks for it.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

A:Windows Update fails in Update Check. Error code C80003FA.

Clean windows install doesn't fix it? You must be blocked, maybe your firewall???

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/251423-windows-update-fails-update-check-error-code-c80003fa.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Hey guys,
I have been trying to install these windows updates
KB2388210
KB976098
KB976932 (SP1)

however these errors appear when trying to install them 800B0100, 80070002, 80070BC9. I have tried to do the things windows recommended to me.

I have Windows Ultimate x64 and have already tried doing the System Readiness Tool and have attached the log.

I have already tried to install these manually from the Microsoft website but they failed.

Thanks for all your help.

A:Windows Update Errors - 800B0100, 80070002, 80070BC9

Hello!

You have unfixed errors in your CheckSUR.log. These need fixing. Attemping solutions or resets will not help you. You need a fix custom written for your PC. I shall do this for you, but I cannot do it this second. Please be patient!

Thanks again!

Richard

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/150743-windows-update-errors-800b0100-80070002-80070bc9.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Hello,
First, excuse my english, I'm trying my best.

I get error C80003FA whenever I do a Windows Update run.

I did the Windows Update Posting instructions. When I did the SURT installation, it didn't finish and I had to reboot the PC. Then it work.

I've tried sfc /scannow several times before with different results: sometimes finished with no errors, sometimes finish with unfixable errors and sometimes didn't finish at all.

I uploaded the CBS.zip

Hope you can help me, thanks.

A:Windows Update doesn't update. Error code C80003FA

There are no errors in any of the posted logs
Please post the C:\WIndows\windowsupdate.log file.

Please also post the event logs...

Open Event Viewer
click on the Windows logs entry in the left pane to expand it.
Now click on the Application entry - wait while it loads.
Click on 'File' in the menu bar and select Save...

Save the file as Appevt.evtx

Repeat for the System log

then zip both, and upload them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/374917-windows-update-doesnt-update-error-code-c80003fa.html
Relevancy 93.74%

My Windows Update has been failing to update for error 800F081F Windows to fails update, code Update a while now and I can't seem to find the solution Here's the run-down of what happens step by step Launch an update scan for Windows Update It scans for a few seconds then says Quote Install new Windows Update software To check for updates you must first install an update for Windows Update Once I click Windows Update fails to update, error code 800F081F Install it begins to quot Install and Update quot but then immediately returns to quot Checking for Updates quot The next box I see says Quote Windows could not search for new updates An error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer Error s found Code F F This happens every time I've attempted to update After looking up the error code I found the main Windows site that gave me the following explaination If you receive Windows Update error F F it means that Windows Update or Microsoft Update cannot determine the cryptographic service provider or a file Windows Update requires named catalog store is corrupted I've looked through multiple Windows forums and How-To's and have tried all the fixes I found SURT sfc scannow the standalone download for WU Windows Update Diagnostic multiple malware scans and Microsoft Fixit Ultimately I always get the same error code F F I should also say this problem has been here for a few months now and it's becoming more worrisome as more time passes The longer I wait to get this fixed the more I fear I will be hurting my computer Any and all help is greatly appreciated and I will do my best to cooperate with any instructions or requests Thank you Mookey

A:Windows Update fails to update, error code 800F081F

Hi Mookeylee & welcome to Sevenforums.

Please follow Windows Update Posting Instructions

We need to see the logs to determine the cause of the error.

Worst case scenario, and last resort, repair install windows 7. No big deal I just did 2 yesterday win7x64 Home Premium. Brink posted a great tutorial Repair Install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/384786-windows-update-fails-update-error-code-800f081f.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Hello. It all started couple of days ago when I wansn't able to start my Skype, because at the login window Skype uses Internet Explorer I've been trying couple of days to do something. At first I was getting internet explorer 10 update error, but somehow, magically, that update installed, but now!!! now it says that there's Internet explorer 9 update error! Please help, guys, really frustrated that I can't use skype, I really need it for my work. ty.

I've made logs with System Update Readiness Tool as suggested here Windows Update Posting Instructions, but when I try to attach it, it says

Quote:
CBS.zip:
Your file of 10.84 MB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 8.30 MB for this filetype.

What should I do? I've tried to zip CBS and to rar it, but the size is still bigger than allowed. HELP!

A:Windows update error 9C48, Internet Explorer update.

I'm thinking my CSB file is bigger than it has to be because I've been running this System Update Readiness Tool couple of times in last few days, maybe I should delete something out of there?

Update: I uploaded it here http://ge.tt/4ab6s9i/v/0, sorry if it's against the forum rulse, or something, will do as it must be done if this isn't appropriate. thx

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/292074-windows-update-error-9c48-internet-explorer-update.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Hello, can someone please help me with my problems about Windows Update

I have tried to run Windows Update on my computer and received the following error message:
I have also tried Farbar Service Scanner and i got this file
Attachment 294790
Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

A:Help with Windows Update Error: Windows Update Services not running.

i have a similar problem here is my farbar file:
Please Help
Farbar Service Scanner Version: 23-11-2013
Ran by Safe (administrator) on 24-11-2013 at 12:02:44
Running from "C:\Users\Safe\Desktop"
Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 (X86)
Boot Mode: Normal

Internet Services:
============

Connection Status:
==============
Localhost is accessible.
LAN connected.
Google IP is accessible.
Google.com is accessible.
Yahoo.com is accessible.
Windows Firewall:
=============
mpsdrv Service is not running. Checking service configuration:
The start type of mpsdrv service is OK.
The ImagePath of mpsdrv service is OK.

MpsSvc Service is not running. Checking service configuration:
Checking Start type: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open MpsSvc registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ImagePath: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open MpsSvc registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ServiceDll: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open MpsSvc registry key. The service key does not exist.

bfe Service is not running. Checking service configuration:
Checking Start type: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open bfe registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ImagePath: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open bfe registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ServiceDll: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open bfe registry key. The service key does not exist.
Firewall Disabled Policy:
==================
"HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile" registry key does not exist.
System Restore:
============

System Restore Disabled Policy:
========================
Action Center:
============

wscsvc Service is not running. Checking service configuration:
Checking Start type: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open wscsvc registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ImagePath: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open wscsvc registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ServiceDll: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open wscsvc registry key. The service key does not exist.

Action Center Notification Icon =====> Unable to open HKLM\...\ShellServiceObjects\{F56F6FDD-AA9D-4618-A949-C1B91AF43B1A} key. The key does not exist.
Windows Update:
============
BITS Service is not running. Checking service configuration:
The start type of BITS service is OK.
The ImagePath of BITS service is OK.
The ServiceDll of BITS service is OK.
Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy:
============================
Windows Defender:
==============
WinDefend Service is not running. Checking service configuration:
Checking Start type: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open WinDefend registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ImagePath: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open WinDefend registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ServiceDll: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open WinDefend registry key. The service key does not exist.
Other Services:
==============
Checking Start type of iphlpsvc: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ImagePath of iphlpsvc: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ServiceDll of iphlpsvc: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key. The service key does not exist.

Checking Start type of SharedAccess: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to retrieve start type of SharedAccess. The value does not exist.
Checking ImagePath of SharedAccess: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to retrieve ImagePath of SharedAccess. The value does not exist.
Checking ServiceDll of SharedAccess: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to retrieve ServiceDll of SharedAccess. The value does not exist.
Checking FirewallRules of SharedAccess: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open "SharedAccess\Defaults\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules" registry key. The key does not exist.
Checking Firewa... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/312811-help-windows-update-error-windows-update-services-not-running.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Hello!

I've been having some trouble with windows updates recently. I'm failing several updates and getting errors. SFC /scannow doesn't seem to be able to fix anything. It claims it has fixed the max number of files and to rerun scannow, but I have done it about 15-20 times and still it is ongoing and with no visible improvements.

Additionally dxdiag will not run at all. Not sure if that is related...

Here is the screenshot from Windows Update:

I would include my cbs log file but it is 224 Mb in size after zipping it down. 2.7Gb before zipping....

I have run SURT and fixit to no avail.
I hope you can help.

A:Windows Update Errors 80073712 800F0900 80070002 - Giant cbs log

PLease post the CheckSUR.log file - we can at least try and fix the errors it should have found. (C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\Checksur.log)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/372385-windows-update-errors-80073712-800f0900-80070002-giant-cbs-log.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Original symptom was error code 8007370B returned by search for updates.
Before discovering this forum, per KB947821, ran SURT.
Error code changed to 80070002.
Per KB910336, stopped Windows Update service and deleted temporary installation files, restarted Windows Update service. Ran SURT again.
Error code still 80070002.
Ran SFC /SCANNOW, result was "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation".
SFC log enclosed.
Most grateful for any help.

A:Windows Update errors 8007370B, 80070002 trying to start W10 upgrade

Hi Metahed,
suggest you follow this link, not enough time to sort it before Free offer expires.
Clean Install Windows 10 Directly without having to Upgrade First - Windows 10 Forums

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/398992-windows-update-errors-8007370b-80070002-trying-start-w10-upgrade.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Windows Update was working fine until earlier this month, when it suddenly started displaying the mentioned error code.

Have tried running the FixIt tool from Microsoft to reset Windows Update components, but it cannot repair the Windows Update error.

Tried running SURT, but it gave a message about not being able to install hotfix.

SFC /SCANNOW cannot run.

Attached screenshots and log folder.

A:Windows Update error 8008005 on search and update

Have you tried a start up repair from the install disk?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/343310-windows-update-error-8008005-search-update.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Hello. Been having this update issue and already run SURT, Fixit, and SVC to no avail. Even spent some time on a live chat with a microsoft tech to help me out but his tools couldn't help much. So, I've come here to hope for a miracle.

Here are my log files. The attachment manager isn't working at time of posting so I will attempt to upload the full CBS .zip later.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/383938-windows-update-error-800b0100-update-kb3046017.html
Relevancy 92.88%

After buying a new hard drive and reimaging thumb drive from Dell, I installed Windows 7 Ultimate on a Dell M6400 Precision Laptop. I have everything working except Windows Update will not Update. It has not updated once since the install. Windows Tech
support has not been able to resolve the issue, even with remote assistance. I get the Error Code 0x80070003 after running the Windows Update Diagnostic Tool. Does anyone know how to fix this?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dfaac767-7d89-4254-8ce7-368b149f2945/error-code-0x80070003-windows-update-will-not-update?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 92.88%

I didn't see any posts about this, so I hope I am not double posting.

After removing a drive load of viruses, I am still not able to update Windows Vista to Service Pack 1. I have even tried to create a new admin user account in hopes that this would work, but no go. I tried running sfc.exe / scannow from the CMD and it did report that it was unable to repair wextract.exe. Also, the file reportingevents.txt located in %system root%\windows\softwaredistribution\reportingevents.txt lists "Windows Update Client failed to detect with error 0x80070490".
Although, I think Windows Defender can update. I need to take a break.

Acer Extensa 4620-4605
Windows Vista 32-bit Home Premium

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/219545/windows-update-will-not-update-error-code-80070490/
Relevancy 92.88%

Been using Google and such for a couple months messing with it but cant get update to work. My girlfriend updated from Vista a while ago and I cant crack this! I have done all the differect things I could find from Microsoft to no avail. The fixit program finds something and says its fixed but still doesnt work.

Any ideas you all could give would be great! Thanks.

A:Update for Windows Update Error Code 800700B7

Hello bobo and welcome am no expert mate but take a look at this Windows update KB2532531 gets error code 800700B7 - Microsoft Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/278382-update-windows-update-error-code-800700b7.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Alright, this has been going on for awhile, and now I'm fed up. Every time I want to update windows, it comes up with this error code - 80090305 Every time I try to update windows defender, it comes up with this error code - 0x80090305 I can't update either! I've looked for solutions online -everywhere- nothing works. I checked what the Microsoft website said, but that didn't help either! I really think I should get these updates, and I'm tired of it popping up and telling me that it can't update. The computer is an Acer (I don't know the exact model, I trying to fix my friends computer and I'll be back there tomorrow.) Anyway, help would be amazing. Thank you! p.s I realize this is my first post, but you know I signed up because I really need help! I've tried everything!

A:Update error 80090305 - cannot update windows or defender!

Fix SEC_E_SECPKG_NOT_FOUND Error Under 2 Min - Fix PC Error ?
This is what they say is the fix

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/281753-update-error-80090305-cannot-update-windows-defender.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Hi I Issue 80073712 Error Windows update - Update not will am having some issues with my windows update It will not update Windows Update Issue - Error 80073712 will not update at all I am also unable to update my internet explorer Any help is appreciated Please see attached logs and below code Thanks Regards Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Update Issue - Error 80073712 will not update Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - - - -FYVQB Windows Product Key Hash BiGPTnEmebjLKyvsFO OMYyy gc Windows Product ID - - - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type Volume MAK Windows OS version ID AD B- B- D B-A D -D E DF B Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Update Issue - Error 80073712 will not update Windows Enterprise Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version OGAExec exe Signed By Microsoft OGAAddin dll Signed By Microsoft OGA Data-- gt Office Status Genuine Microsoft Office Enterprise - Genuine OGA Version Registered Signed By Microsoft Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - E AD EA- -d E AD EA- - E AD EA- - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt AD B- B- D B-A D -D E DF B lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -BBBBB lt PKey gt lt PID gt - - - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt System manufacturer lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt P E Premium lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt American Megatrends Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt DBA E F lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt GMT Standard Time GMT lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt File Name quot OGAAddin dll quot Version quot quot gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Product GUID quot - - - - FF CE quot gt lt LegitResult gt lt LegitResult gt lt Name gt Microsoft Office Enterprise lt Name gt lt Ver gt lt Ver gt lt Val gt EF E BB D lt Val gt lt Hash gt I aR JZ HnlLhxyLFCA XOuw lt Hash gt lt Pid gt - - - lt Pid gt lt PidType gt lt PidType gt lt Product gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot A quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot B quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot A quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot BA quot Ver... Read more

A:Windows Update Issue - Error 80073712 will not update

Hello habeeb786 and welcome to the forums

Could you follow the instructions here please:

Tom

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/266593-windows-update-issue-error-80073712-will-not-update.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Greetings,

I am unable to install "Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2761217)" and get "Error Code 8007065E" after the update finishes downloading and attempts to install. See attached for the logs and a screenshot of the error.
Thanks!
Yoha

A:Windows Update Error 8007065E on Update KB2761217

You have some errors in the CheckSUR log which are likely causing your problem - for ease of access, I'll put them here....

Code:
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-g..validatefntcache-06_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22118_none_a7612cac4a5ea0e2.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-g..validatefntcache-06_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.17130_none_a4d38ecd3432052f.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-font-truetype-calibri_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.17130_none_46cc128a0951a80d.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-g..validatefntcache-06_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.21329_none_a57100044d3f6a3e.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-font-truetype-calibri_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22118_none_4959b0691f7e43c0.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-font-truetype-calibri_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17959_none_48a5fc16067ff9cf.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-g..validatefntcache-06_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17959_none_a6ad7859316056f1.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-font-truetype-calibri_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.21329_none_476983c1225f0d1c.manifest
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_4_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_4_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_6_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_6_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_9_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_9_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_4_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_4_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_6_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_6_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_9_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_9_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat

Your SFC scan is apparently clear..

I'll post a fix protocol later for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/275300-windows-update-error-8007065e-update-kb2761217.html