Windows Support Forum

failed new Windows Update installer code 800F081F after code 80072EE2

Q: failed new Windows Update installer code 800F081F after code 80072EE2

Hello I have been working patiently for the better part of three days but cannot resolve the issue I can no longer use Windows Update Something seems to have happened on or after July -- the final date that updates were installed Thereafter only failure messages in the log now wiped clean as a result Update installer new 80072EE2 code 800F081F code failed after Windows of following one of the suggestions I found When I click quot check for updates quot I receive a message that a problem occurred failed new Windows Update installer code 800F081F after code 80072EE2 The error code is EE When I then click in that same window on quot Check online for updates from Microsoft Update quot I always get the message quot Install new Windows Update software To check for Windows Updates you must first install an update for Windows Update Install now quot Naturally I click on this only to receive error code F F I have tried out several suggestions that did seemed relevant including the methods I found at Windows Update service not running cmd says parameter incorrect - Microsoft Community While trying to execute Method I found that HKLM COMPONENTS was missing from view I found instructions on how failed new Windows Update installer code 800F081F after code 80072EE2 to use Load Hive to make this visible again No difference to Win Update I skipped Method because my antivirus software is a MS product and has been in use for years without any problems Method proved impossible to execute it seems to contain outdated information you can no longer manually download these elements instead you are redirected to a page that helpfully irony tells you that you should use Win Update on your own PC Method tells me to take ownership of pending xml that is not present on my system Method chkdsk results in the answer quot the drive the path or the file name is not valid quot I have now found this forum and have followed the instructions here to prepare for asking help Windows Update Posting Instructions SURT has been run once more SFC scan has not found any problems I have included the error codes and described the sequence in which they are presented to me I attach the logs however the copy of the entire CBS folder is too large as a zip to attach MB so I have only attached the most recent logs Oh yes and I have also quot lost quot my internal CD DVD-drive somewhere en route the driver has been identified as correct but it won't appear in file explorer anymore nor do music DVDs start up anymore when inserted So I can also not make recovery DVDs etc I am very much hoping someone can help me or maybe just tell me that it's OK to continue working without any Windows and Office updates coming in So far my main programs Outlook Firefox Word seem to be doing fine Thanks Gert

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: failed new Windows Update installer code 800F081F after code 80072EE2

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: failed new Windows Update installer code 800F081F after code 80072EE2

Sounds likely to be a malware infection to me.
The error code you are getting implies that WU cannot access the servers at MS.

Please download and install Malwarebytes Anti-malware (free version) from http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/ - UNtick 'Enable free trial of MBAM Premium' at the end of the installation - and update it, then run a full scan in your main account, and Quick scans in any other user accounts.

Quarantine everything it finds

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/348502-failed-new-windows-update-installer-code-800f081f-after-code-80072ee2.html
Relevancy 89.9%

i keep getting these two error codes every time i try to update these programs through windows update: Update for Windows 7 (KB974332) Update for Windows 7 (KB974431) Update for Windows 7 (KB976098) Ive tried to download these updates from the download centre with out any success. please help me to fix this problem im using is windows 7 ultimate 32 bit

A:error Code 800F081F and Code 8024200D with window 7 update

Hello,Some third party programs can affect the Windows Update service. If you are running any third party applications such as Spyblocker, Internet or web accelerators (programs designed to boost the speed of the Internet connection), security or anti-virus programs (Norton, McAfee, etc.), I recommend you temporarily disable or uninstall them and then try accessing Windows Update later. If the problem still happens, try the following steps:Rename the Windows Update Softwaredistribution folder================================================1. Close all the open windows. 2. Click "Start", click "All programs", and click "Accessories". 3. Right-click "Command Prompt", and click "Run as administrator".4. In the "Administrator: Command Prompt" window, type in "net stop WuAuServ" (without the quotes) and press Enter.
Note: Please look at the cmd window and make sure it says that it was successfully stopped before we try to rename the folder. However, if it fails, please let me know before performing any further steps and include any error messages you may have received when it failed.
5. Click "Start", in the "Start Search" box, type in "%windir%" (without the quotes) and press Enter.6. In the opened folder, look for the folder named "SoftwareDistribution".7. Right-click on the folder, select "Rename" and type "SDold" (without the quotes) to rename this folder.8. Still in "Administrator: Command Prompt" window, type the command "net start WuAuServ" (without the quotes) in the opened window to restart the Windows Updates service. If you still cannot install updates, running system file checker and check if the problem is caused by the corrupted system files: System File Checker================1.  Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.   2.  Type the following command, and then press ENTER:  sfc  /scannow  The sfc  /scannow command scans all system files and will recover the corrupted ones.   3. Please restart the computer and recheck the original issue. In-place Upgrade============= 1. Insert the Windows 7 DVD in the computer's DVD drive. 2. Click Start and choose Computer.3. Please find the "setup.exe" file in the DVD-ROM and double click it.4. Click Install now. 5. When we are prompted to input the product key, please click Next without inputting any key. The setup wizard will prompt and ask if you agree to install Windows 7 without the key. Please choose to confirm.6. When you reach the "Which type of installation do you want" screen, click Upgrade to upgrade the system files of Windows 7 Note: While performing the In-place Upgrade, the system will restart automatically (several times) to merge the files and programs. Please leave the computer alone and do not configure it until In-place Upgrade is completed. The system will start Windows 7 once it is upgraded. Thomas77

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5db335c5-b193-48c1-a8bf-b6b7d665b80a/error-code-800f081f-and-code-8024200d-with-window-7-update?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 84.63%

My antivirus software recently began detecting all kinds of infections, and windows defender has also been giving me alerts so after attempting to disinfect the files i went to windows update and realized that it hasnt been updated since late April. I tried to update it then and it gave me error code 80072ee2 and would not allow me to update. also my antivirus software will not update either. I'm not quite sure what to do at this point but any help would be appreciated. thank you.

A:Windows Update Error Code 80072EE2

Hello and welcome to Bleepingcomputer.Please go to this link and download MalwareBytes by clicking the FREE version of it, install MalwareBytes and update it by going to the UPDATE tab.Once it has updated please run the program with a fullscan and let it finish.MalwareBytes will create a log, save it to your desktop. If it finds any infections please allow it to remove what it finds.If it fails to run, run it in safe mode, by rebooting and pressing the F8 key when you see the windows splash screen.If your computer is infected, your post will be refered to someone in our malware removal team.Please post back your results.Mawarebytes Anti malware http://www.malwarebytes.org/Bruce.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/341781/windows-update-error-code-80072ee2/
Relevancy 84.63%

Hi,
I can't get updates as evidenced by the error code above. Any other info needed?
thanks
casey

A:Windows 7 won't update error code 80072EE2

Windows Update error 80072ee2
Same with 7

Try again, and see what happens. Good luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/85616-windows-7-wont-update-error-code-80072ee2.html
Relevancy 84.63%

I could not update my Windows 7 for last month. Usually I get this error or checking for update is infinite. I did not change any of my hardware nor the router. I did not change my firewall and I use microsoft security essentials. Please reply

A:Windows Update , error code 80072EE2

Have you EVER used Norton or McAfee products on that machine?
Try resetting the winsocks....
In an Elevated Command Prompt window, run the command

NETSH WINSOCK RESET

reboot on request, and test Windows Updates

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/214058-windows-update-error-code-80072ee2.html
Relevancy 84.63%

I can't check for updates for some reason. The thing is, I think this may be part of a larger issue with connectivity. I'm also having connection issues with gmail and youtube as well. In Gmail, sometimes things don't load after I click on them, and I can't attach files to e-mails. Another forum I like to go to loads very slowly on firefox and won't load at all on IE 11. My internet appears to be fine as most sites aren't giving me trouble that I know of. Are they all connected?

I did do a windows update last week and installed a bunch of security updates and everything seemed fine then. So, what's going on? I can't attach the CBS folder, as it is way too big. It is 285 MB. Is that normal?

I ran SURT and it installed hotfix KB947821 and it didn't fix anything. I then ran sfc /verifyonly and it said there were no violations.

A:Windows Update error code 80072EE2

Hi Canuck or Die & welcome to sevenforums.

Probably some corrupt/missing files/folders

CBS folder can be large don't need entire folder

Run SURT & post CheckSUR.log

located at: C:\Windows\Logs\CBS

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/386540-windows-update-error-code-80072ee2.html
Relevancy 83.7%

My Windows Update has been failing to update for error 800F081F Windows to fails update, code Update a while now and I can't seem to find the solution Here's the run-down of what happens step by step Launch an update scan for Windows Update It scans for a few seconds then says Quote Install new Windows Update software To check for updates you must first install an update for Windows Update Once I click Windows Update fails to update, error code 800F081F Install it begins to quot Install and Update quot but then immediately returns to quot Checking for Updates quot The next box I see says Quote Windows could not search for new updates An error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer Error s found Code F F This happens every time I've attempted to update After looking up the error code I found the main Windows site that gave me the following explaination If you receive Windows Update error F F it means that Windows Update or Microsoft Update cannot determine the cryptographic service provider or a file Windows Update requires named catalog store is corrupted I've looked through multiple Windows forums and How-To's and have tried all the fixes I found SURT sfc scannow the standalone download for WU Windows Update Diagnostic multiple malware scans and Microsoft Fixit Ultimately I always get the same error code F F I should also say this problem has been here for a few months now and it's becoming more worrisome as more time passes The longer I wait to get this fixed the more I fear I will be hurting my computer Any and all help is greatly appreciated and I will do my best to cooperate with any instructions or requests Thank you Mookey

A:Windows Update fails to update, error code 800F081F

Hi Mookeylee & welcome to Sevenforums.

Please follow Windows Update Posting Instructions

We need to see the logs to determine the cause of the error.

Worst case scenario, and last resort, repair install windows 7. No big deal I just did 2 yesterday win7x64 Home Premium. Brink posted a great tutorial Repair Install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/384786-windows-update-fails-update-error-code-800f081f.html
Relevancy 83.7%

i just reinstalled windows vista home premium last last week but up to now i couldn't update... the first error i got was 8024402C.. then after "google-ing" my problem, i found some tips like replacing the preferred and alternate dns.. but still i couldn't update.. the error code is 80072ee2.. please help....

A:Windows Vista Update Error Code 80072ee2

Hi, I just saw this problem in another forum and the person who had the problem said to do the following , See if it helps you to.

1) Go to Start -> Run
2) Type in MSCONFIG and press enter
3) Under the 'BOOT' tab, tick the 'Safe Boot' box and select 'Minimal'
4) Press OK and proceed to restarting the computer when prompted
5) Once computer restarts log in and open Window Explorer
6) Navigate to your Windows directory and look for SoftwareDistribution
folder
7) Rename this folder to SoftwareDistribution.old
8) Go back into MSCONFIG and turn off 'Safe Boot' and restart
9) Run Windows update again.

SUMMARY: Windows has somehow managed to corrupt its own system files,
possibly during one of its previous updates... Once you get the Windows
update to work, you will notice that Windows Defender will start to
work.

HIH

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/156322/windows-vista-update-error-code-80072ee2/
Relevancy 83.08%

Hi there,

I'm having an issue with a laptop running Windows 7 Home x64 SP1. It has failed to install Windows Update Agent 7.6.7600.320 and keeps trying every time I try to run updates.

I've downloaded the installer and tried to run it manually, but that gives me the error 0x80070002

I've attached my CBS log from the last time I attempted the install. Any help will be much appreciated!

A:Windows Update Agent install fails, Error Code 800F081F

The v320 update installer isn't commonly available (unless you know where to look) - where did you attempt to download it from?

Here's the error-sequence from your log...

Code:
2014-09-10 23:15:06, Info CBS Exec: Staging Package: WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-UIComp~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~pt-PT~7.6.7600.256, Update: UI, PinDeployment: amd64_microsoft-windows-w..oyment-languagepack_31bf3856ad364e35_7.6.7600.256_pt-pt_76bae7f7dbc23d63
2014-09-10 23:15:06, Info CBS Calling client to resolve source, cannot find file 'wuaueng.dll.mui' at path: \\?\C:\Windows\Servicing\Packages\amd64_microsoft-windows-w..ient-core.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_7.6.7600.256_zh-cn_8aefebe76d4c7c4f\wuaueng.dll.mui
2014-09-10 23:15:06, Error CBS Exec: Failed to pre-stage package: WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-AdmComp~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~pt-PT~7.6.7600.320, file: wuaueng.dll.mui, source: \\?\C:\Windows\Servicing\Packages\amd64_microsoft-windows-w..ient-core.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_7.6.7600.256_zh-cn_8aefebe76d4c7c4f\wuaueng.dll.mui, sandbox: (null) [HRESULT = 0x800f081f - CBS_E_SOURCE_MISSING]
2014-09-10 23:15:06, Info CBS Failed to gather all required files. [HRESULT = 0x800f081f - CBS_E_SOURCE_MISSING]
2014-09-10 23:15:06, Info CBS Failed to gather all missing files for package: WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-TopLevel~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~7.6.7600.320 [HRESULT = 0x800f081f - CBS_E_SOURCE_MISSING]
2014-09-10 23:15:06, Info CSI [email protected]/9/10:15:15:06.724 CSI Transaction @0x26e580 destroyed
2014-09-10 23:15:06, Error CBS Failed to pre- stage package: WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-TopLevel~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~7.6.7600.320 [HRESULT = 0x800f081f - CBS_E_SOURCE_MISSING]
2014-09-10 23:15:06, Info CBS Perf: Stage chain complete.
2014-09-10 23:15:06, Info CBS Failed to stage execution chain. [HRESULT = 0x800f081f - CBS_E_SOURCE_MISSING]
I assume that your installation of Windows isn't Portuguese or Chinese??

Unfortunately, the only cure I know of at the moment is a repair install.

If you can wait a while, I may be able to help find a better answer - but it's going to be at least the weekend before I have enough free time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/345020-windows-update-agent-install-fails-error-code-800f081f.html
Relevancy 110.08%

Just built a new gaming pc myself all new parts first build so maybe there's something I'm not doing right But I was following this guide for windows installation However I decided not to do any of those tweaks under System Setup after Installation I just skipped Windows 8.1. installed run code: Error Update 80072EE2 Can't on newly Windows to installing drivers so it's a pretty normal installation That's just extra information probably not relevant Installed windows OEM Installed my drivers and I connected to internet but when I try to check for windows updates I get this error Code EE Looked online for a solution found one on windows website I then downloaded WindowsUpdateDiagnostic from another PC and ran it on the PC i'm having issues with it fixed something but I still can't update I also can't open a webpage using internet explorer even thought I'm connected to the internet Can't run Windows Update on newly installed Windows 8.1. Error code: 80072EE2 When I type any address it just loads waiting for I've also noticed that windows is not activated when I try to activate it I get Windows can't activate Try again later Don't Can't run Windows Update on newly installed Windows 8.1. Error code: 80072EE2 know if relevant but I actually installed Windows the first two times incorrectly I mean it installed fine but I was trying to install on a GPT formatted SSD used diskpart with command prompt at windows install window to clean and convert to GPT but even though I formatted with GPT I kept ending up with a MBR formatted SSD The problem was I wasn't booting from a UEFI Device Third time I made sure I did and it worked Also I noticed restarting my PC is taking a little more longer than I've experienced before I see a screen saying Restarting with a loading icon for like a full minute and then the PC boots up again but it never shuts down which I find odd I don't know if it's a feature of my new motherboard or something MSI Z Gaming I have the correct time and date settings on my pc and I have not installed an AV yet I'm also getting help from reddit but no one has responded back with any new solutions in quite some time now Should I just reinstall my OS That would be a lot quicker I just don't want to because it's a new SSD but also I may have the same problem again idk

A:Can't run Windows Update on newly installed Windows 8.1. Error code: 80072EE2

Solved it myself! Only took half the day... All I did was just delete all files and folders in my temp folder and suddenly poofff! like magic I could access the internet and I can update windows. I'm installing updates right now hopefully once I restart my computer it'll still work!
Here is where I found the solution
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1946566/laptop-connection-shows-connected-access-internet-application.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559647/cant-run-windows-update-on-newly-installed-windows-81-error-code-80072ee2/
Relevancy 109.22%

Hi NoelDP When Im trying to run Error Win7 800F081F update: Code Windows updates to search for new updates Im getting the same error over again Code F F - There is a unknown error in Windows update To fix it I tried all sorts of things but without luck like - Run the System Update Readiness tool CheckSur exe deleting updates manual installing updates recovery points It is a Windows Home Premium with SP bit HP Laptop My CheckSUR txt Checking System Update Readiness Binary Version Package Version - - Checking Windows Servicing Packages Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Checking Packages Checking Component Store f CSI Manifest Failed Catalog Check x winsxs Manifests amd microsoft-windows-t cesclient resources bf ad e en-us d f d f manifest amd microsoft-windows-t cesclient resources bf ad e en-us d f d f Summary Seconds executed Found errors CSI Manifest Failed Catalog Check Total count Unavailable repair files winsxs Error Win7 update: Code 800F081F manifests amd microsoft-windows-t cesclient resources bf ad e en-us d f d f manifest ------------------------------------ My CheckSUR persist txt Checking System Update Readiness Binary Version Package Version - - Checking Windows Servicing Packages Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Checking Packages Checking Component Store f CSI Manifest Failed Catalog Check x winsxs Manifests amd microsoft-windows-t cesclient resources bf ad e en-us d f d f manifest amd microsoft-windows-t cesclient resources bf ad e en-us d f d f Summary Seconds executed Found errors CSI Manifest Failed Catalog Check Total count Unavailable repair files winsxs manifests amd microsoft-windows-t cesclient resources bf ad e en-us d f d f manifest Really hope you can help Cheers

A:Error Win7 update: Code 800F081F

The update which is failing is: windows update-agent 7.6.7600.320
Perhaps there is way to download this update manually?
The CBS files are growing I see, I have now put the latest here: WeTransfer (.RAR 31 MB)

Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/360227-error-win7-update-code-800f081f.html
Relevancy 109.22%

I have Win SP bit Windows Update Agent fails to install and now I can't get any Windows updates 0x80070002 800F081F Code errors: and Update I can install other updates if I download the standalone update files from Microsoft's website just not the Update Agent When Windows Update tries to update to the WU Agent I get the F F error I downloaded the standalone update file from Update to Microsoft Update client and tried to install it and I got the x error I have used both admin account and my regular account while attempting the Update errors: Code 800F081F and 0x80070002 install What I have tried so far - sfc scannow - found no errors - installed Windows Update Readiness Tool May - Microsoft Fixit - Windows Update Diagnostic - checked my computer with different virus malware scanners not at the same time and only one of them is for real time scanning the two others are on an usb stick just for on demand scanning and nothing was found - even tried to change DNS on to and and still no go - renamed the quot Software Distribution folder quot so a new one was created - tried the install with clean boot but nothing - instructions from Windows Update error - Windows Help didn't help either Any help with this would be much appreciated Attachment

A:Update errors: Code 800F081F and 0x80070002

The CBS.log is stuffed with this error...

Code:
Line 46368: 2014-09-01 16:15:00, Info CBS Calling client to resolve source, cannot find file 'wuaueng.dll.mui' at path: \\?\C:\Windows\Servicing\Packages\amd64_microsoft-windows-w..ient-core.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_7.6.7600.256_cs-cz_e813361d9f3045df\wuaueng.dll.mui
Why this isn't found by SFC I'm not sure - unless you're using a hack to have multiple languages installed in a Home Premium machine. Technically, that file shouldn't be there anyhow, so I don't understand why Windows is looking there in the first place.

Let's have a bit of a look at the system in a more general way...
Please follow the instructions here Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions - but just post the resulting file here in your reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/344466-update-errors-code-800f081f-0x80070002.html
Relevancy 108.79%

Hello everyone,

I have a couple of users here on our network that are using Windows 7 but are unable to receive updates at all. They are able to access the internet. That particular office accesses all of their programs via a Citrix connection. They are using a SonicWall Firewall. There are only a handful of users who are using Windows 7 there, and they are the only ones having problems with automatic update. All of the XP users are having no problems at all. I have disabled the ethernet device, but that didn't work. Can I please get some help?

A:Update Error Code 80072EE2

Quote: Originally Posted by BBR

Hello everyone,

I have a couple of users here on our network that are using Windows 7 but are unable to receive updates at all. I have disabled the ethernet device, but that didn't work. Can I please get some help?

We need so much more info. Are they able to surf the net? what firewall and anti virus are they using? what is the network setup? etc

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/88660-update-error-code-80072ee2.html
Relevancy 100.62%

Hello I have been Error 80072EE2 Code Windows unable to update windows even after trying a plethora of quot solutions quot on the net I'm enumerating the problems and the steps I've tried to rectify them for your kind perusal My specifications are OS Microsoft Windows ProfessionalVersion Service Pack Build System Manufacturer Lenovo System Model W A T System Type x -based PCProcessor Intel Core Duo CPU T Windows Error Code 80072EE2 GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processors Installed Physical Memory RAM GB For Internet access I'm using Easy Tether Lite No root tethered to my Windows Error Code 80072EE2 laptop viaSamsung Galaxy Duos GT-I v Everything was hunky-dory till a fortnight ago when these problems started These are the problems I'm having I'm unable to update windows even after setting it to automatic update First it gave the error code F but now it's persistent with EE In the Device Manager - Other devices the following two programs devices have yellow exclamation marks and even after trying innumerable times I haven't been ableto update their drivers These same two devices are listed as 'Problem Devices' in System information The error code for all of these is that the drivers for these devices is notinstalled and I'm unable to download them A PCI Serial Port B PCI Simple Communications Controller I'm able to access some sites but not others through both Internet Explorer and Google Chrome For instance I can access help for this particular windows error but can't access yahoo mail Hotmail and Gmail The page just keeps on 'waiting' I'm also having problems with the DVD CD-ROM drive HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM DU N ATA Device These are the steps I've taken to rectify them Downloaded and ran Windows Update Diagnostic troubleshooter Gave this error quot Windows Update error x c - - -T- p Not Fixed quot Downloaded and ran MicrosoftFixit wu LB Error Message quot We're sorry but the program encountered an error trying to contact the server Please try again later To download a utility to troubleshoot this problem click here quot I clicked there downloaded and ran DIAG MATS NETWORK global Troubleshooting Pack Cabinet Error Message quot Troubleshooting was unable to automatically fix all of the issues found You can find more details below Problems found Check for connections to UPLS used in SDP Service Downloaded and ran MicrosoftFixit msi Nada Stopped and started Windows Update services msc Downloaded and ran Windows Update Agent Right clicked Wuaueng dll - Properties -Details - File Version Number The version here is whereas the latest version is HOW DO I UPDATE THIS Elevated command - NETSH WINSOCK RESET WindowsUpdateDiagnostic cab MicrosoftFixit msi Elevated command - sfc scannow I had extracted the sfc txt file to desktop but guess what - it was blank Elevated command - netsh winhttp show proxy Reset Internet Explorer but when I tried to reinstall it the message said that the latest version was already installed Any help will be greatly appreciated Thank you

A:Windows Error Code 80072EE2

You seem to have tried a lot. Maybe time to try a reset? Windows Update - Reset

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/343157-windows-error-code-80072ee2.html
Relevancy 100.19%

I tried to check for windows updates, it gives me a notification for update required for windows update, but it gives me a message of (Windows could not search for new update, code 800F081F).

CBS Logs are in the attachment.

Regards,

A:windows 7 x64 could not search for new updates, error code 800F081F

CheckSUR shows the following problems...

Code:
Unavailable repair files:
winsxs\manifests\amd64_305895c659d1ec256802c823f05edcf3_31bf3856ad364e35_11.2.9600.17107_none_a04fc4acb2745cf9.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-w..-activex.deployment_31bf3856ad364e35_7.6.7600.256_none_dfc0282f0e6d6c2a.manifest
servicing\packages\Microsoft-Windows-UIAnimation-WinIP-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~sl-SI~7.1.7601.16492.mum
servicing\packages\Win8IP-Microsoft-Windows-Graphics-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~sl-SI~7.1.7601.16492.mum
servicing\packages\Win8IP-Microsoft-Windows-Multimedia-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~sl-SI~7.1.7601.16492.mum
servicing\packages\Microsoft-Windows-UIAnimation-WinIP-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~sl-SI~7.1.7601.16492.cat
servicing\packages\Win8IP-Microsoft-Windows-Graphics-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~sl-SI~7.1.7601.16492.cat
servicing\packages\Win8IP-Microsoft-Windows-Multimedia-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~sl-SI~7.1.7601.16492.cat
SFC shows another couple...

Code:
Line 9824: 2014-09-09 20:25:45, Info CSI 0000035c [SR] Repairing 3 components
Line 9825: 2014-09-09 20:25:45, Info CSI 0000035d [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
Line 9830: 2014-09-09 20:25:45, Info CSI 00000360 [SR] Cannot verify component files for 305895c659d1ec256802c823f05edcf3, Version = 11.2.9600.17107, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral, manifest is damaged (TRUE)
Line 9833: 2014-09-09 20:25:45, Info CSI 00000362 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:22{11}]"serifeg.fon" of Microsoft-Windows-Font-Bitmap-MS_Serif, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 9836: 2014-09-09 20:25:46, Info CSI 00000364 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:12{6}]"45.png" of Microsoft-Windows-Gadgets-Weather, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 9839: 2014-09-09 20:25:47, Info CSI 00000366 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:22{11}]"serifeg.fon" of Microsoft-Windows-Font-Bitmap-MS_Serif, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
I'll post a fix for the CheckSUR problems first - we can worry about the SFC ones tomorrow

Back in a few minutes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/344914-windows-7-x64-could-not-search-new-updates-error-code-800f081f.html
Relevancy 99.76%

Hi. having problems getting windows update to work. Tried one of the msu hotfix's but it didn't help. Not really looking forward to a reinstall.

A:800F081F Error Windows update installer x64

The CBS log is filled with error sequences like this...

Code:
Line 1490: 2015-03-28 10:45:25, Error CBS Exec: Failed to pre-stage package: WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-AdmComp~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~pt-PT~7.6.7600.320, file: wuaueng.dll.mui, source: \\?\C:\Windows\Servicing\Packages\amd64_microsoft-windows-w..ient-core.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_7.6.7600.256_zh-cn_8aefebe76d4c7c4f\wuaueng.dll.mui, sandbox: (null) [HRESULT = 0x800f081f - CBS_E_SOURCE_MISSING]
Line 1494: 2015-03-28 10:45:25, Error CBS Failed to pre- stage package: WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-TopLevel~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~7.6.7600.320 [HRESULT = 0x800f081f - CBS_E_SOURCE_MISSING]
Line 1497: 2015-03-28 10:45:25, Error CBS Failed to process single phase execution. [HRESULT = 0x800f081f - CBS_E_SOURCE_MISSING]
Unfortunately, this type of error has proved almost impossible to solve in the past - by far the quickest solution is a repair install or the OS, if you have the proper media available.
See the tutorial here.
Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/375503-800f081f-error-windows-update-installer-x64.html
Relevancy 98.9%

Logs attached. Attempting to update Windows results in attempt to update Windows Update Installer, which fails with Code 80073712. Logs attached.

sfc /scannow reported no problems found.

Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium x64

Thanks in advance!

- Tim

A:Windows Update Installer Update failing - Code 80073712

CheckSUR shows the following...

Code:
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-w..lient-aux.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_7.6.7600.320_en-us_d5981a6600d138cc.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-w..owsupdateclient-aux_31bf3856ad364e35_7.6.7600.320_none_bc07877c65502903.manifest

I'll post a fix protocol soon.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/347061-windows-update-installer-update-failing-code-80073712-a.html
Relevancy 98.47%

Hi, I have been trying to update my Windows OS for a few days now via the control panel and keep getting this same error and not exactly sure what it or how to resolve this. If any of you could help I'd be very grateful.

Thanks.

A:Problem Updating Windows - Error Code 80072EE2

This may work if updating is the only issue,if not youl need to troubleshoot further.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-updates-fail-to-install

Scrole down to item 6 and run the Fixwu tool.

Also have a look at

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/windows-update-error-80072ee2#1TC=windows-7

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/11f7f7e5-a826-4e94-af6a-8f5db3206d22/windows-update-error-code-80072ee2?forum=w7itprosecurity

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536753/problem-updating-windows-error-code-80072ee2/
Relevancy 97.18%

This started happening over a week ago. I did try a repair using the Windows 7 Ultimate-64 bit DVD but the problem remains. When the option to search for updates is pressed a message comes up "Windows could not search for new updates" Error Code 800F080D.
Any help will be most appreciated.

A:Windows 7 update installer fails with error Code 800F080D

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data
If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/335955-windows-7-update-installer-fails-error-code-800f080d.html
Relevancy 96.32%

No-one replied to this post and so the problem was never fixed The updates continued to fail downloading or installing I upgraded to Windows Home and thankfully didn't need to have the updates installed to upgrade Back in April this year I downloaded two important updates Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework and on Windows and Windows Server R x -based Systems KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework and on Windows and Windows Server R x -based Systems KB However during the installation I encountered Error Code I tryed the installation again without anything else open and still the same result I tryed the installation again having restarted and still the same result I tryed the installation again after running the DISM Tool and still the same result Yesterday I tryed to download another important update Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB However during the download I encountered Error Code F F I tryed everything Code:80073712 Error Code:800F081F Error and FailedUpdates that I tryed previously and still the same result I searched around and both of these error codes apparently mean that a file needed by Windows Update is either damaged or missing I thought I might as-well start a thread about it on these forums as not being able to download install security updates isn't a good thing Please Reply

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/68786-failedupdates-error-code-80073712-error-code-800f081f.html
Relevancy 95.46%

I've been getting the 9C59 error for a while with the Windows automatic updater. I've attempted a manual update of IE 10, but had the same error. Not sure where to go from here.

I've attached the CBS file.

Thanks.

Dennis

A:IE 10 Update Failed - Windows 7 - Error Code 9C59

CheckSUR found and fixed a large number of errors - but there are still a couple of errors remaining, which it may be able to fix if you run the tool a second time. Please post (just) the new CheckSUR.log file afterwards.

There are a couple of errors in the CBS.log which may relate to the errors outstanding in the CheckSUR - so we need to get those fixed first, and only then see if it's affected the SFC/CBS results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/296411-ie-10-update-failed-windows-7-error-code-9c59.html
Relevancy 95.46%

Hello, My windows update keeps failing on the same 5 updates with the error code 8024200D , This is really annoying me, I have tried everything on the internet i could find and nothing has worked, Can anybody help?, Thank you,

Sean.

Windows 7 Professional 64bit:

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 for x64-based Systems (KB976932)

Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2763523)

Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2533552)

Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2864058)

Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2620704)

Relevancy 95.46%

Windows 7 Pro. i7 4790. MSI Gaming 7 board. Corsair SSD for booting Win7. Tried update. Tried SURT. Ran SFC scan with no errors. Crazy frustrated. Wondering if it has to do with the new fandangled msi boot stuff. Even went as far as to DL AVG tune up to see about repairing reg keys, that didn't seem to work either. Downloaded the latest MSI bios file, updated, still no go. Tried several windows "fix it" those didn't work either. Tried manually downloading and running the updated, that just said "failed" after running. I'm officially stuck. Please help.

"Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 for x64-based Systems (KB2973112)

Installation date: ‎12/‎25/‎2014 1:32 AM

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 800B0100"

I cannot upload my cbs zip file as it exceeds the file limit here. 7z files not accepted either. :-[

Relevancy 95.46%

I have been trying to update windows 7 for a few days now and i have been getting the same error message over and over again. I only have 1 important update left and like 10 optional updates. The important update is KB295664, and most of the optional ones are similar. I tried to repair network frame and nothing

A:Windows Failed to update,Error code 80070643

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data

If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

Please also post the C:\Windows\windowsudpate.log file

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/377744-windows-failed-update-error-code-80070643-a.html
Relevancy 95.46%

hello about a month I have a problem - code 8000ffff Update error Windows failed with the updates of windows professional bit When I turn on the PC Windows tries to install an Windows Update failed - code error 8000ffff update it hangs at and the pc restarts times before using it after if I click on search updates I have error code ffff I tried microsoft fixit but I Windows Update failed - code error 8000ffff have not resolved this is the file of MGA please help me I'm going crazy Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - - - -XFPHJ Windows Product Key Hash FjeWkdSWrMt bkVKGJPOMAaHKUo Windows Product ID - - - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type Volume MAK Windows OS version ID B A - F- E - C -F F FBD Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Professional Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status Blocked VLK Microsoft Office Enterprise - Blocked VLK OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Users UnoCheScassa AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt B A - F- E - C -F F FBD lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -BBBBB lt PKey gt lt PID gt - - - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Acer lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt Aspire lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt Phoenix Technologies LTD lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt V lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt DA FA lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt W Europe Standard Time GMT lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt ACRSYS lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt ACRPRDCT lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Product GUID quot - - - - FF CE quot gt lt LegitResult gt lt LegitResult gt lt Name gt Microsoft Office Enterprise lt Name gt lt Ver gt lt Ver gt lt Val gt ACD E lt Val gt lt Hash gt fFic JgCreGGRxyF uMWB R Jcg lt Hash gt lt Pid gt - - - lt Pid gt lt PidType gt lt PidType gt lt Product gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot A quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot B quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot A quot Version qu... Read more

A:Windows Update failed - code error 8000ffff

Open Regedit, - File - Export - save to desktop ( creates backup of your current registery

Then locate and remove:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\COMPONENTS\PendingXmlIdentifier
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\COMPONENTS\NextQueueEntryIndex
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\COMPONENTS\AdvancedInstallersNeedResolving
Reboot - then check for updates.

Source - Microsoft.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/276122-windows-update-failed-code-error-8000ffff.html
Relevancy 95.46%

Hoping someone can help me here. I have seen Noel DP post several resolutions but each seem custom to the errors the other user gets.

I ran SFC/Scannow with no errors. Ran Checksur and got errors.

servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-TopLevel~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.6.7600.320.mum
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-TopLevel~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.6.7600.320.mum
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-TopLevel~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.6.7600.320.cat
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-TopLevel~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.6.7600.320.cat

CBS log and CheckSUR Log attached.

A:Windows Update failed error code: 800F0900

This sounds to me like you may have to try going in and deleting the windows update catalog files and re running windows update and see what happens. If that doesnt solve the issue post back and we can take it from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/349610-windows-update-failed-error-code-800f0900.html
Relevancy 95.46%

I recently did a factory restore to get rid of some malware and now for some reason updates aren't going through properly.
Everytime i shut down my computer i have 85 updates and they all fail except two.
But the error code is Code 80071A2D

Almost all the updates are Security updates.

A:Windows Failed update Error code 80071A2D

If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CBA files, for a number of reasons)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/332754-windows-failed-update-error-code-80071a2d.html
Relevancy 95.46%

hi ..., i need help regarding the windows update issue.
i'm using windows vista business sp2 running on lenovo thinkpad sl300.
i want to upgrade my harddrive since i need a bigger capacity. so, i try to move my data on old harddrive to a new one.
i'm already try to migrate my harddrive several ways:
1. i try to clone my harddrive with sector by sector copy
2. i try to use rescue and recovery (utilities from thinkvantage)
3. i try to use backup and restore center (windows complete pc backup)
all of them give me the result, everything works just fine, except i no longer can run windows update and all related to it, for example microsoft security essentials.
i already try to fix the windows update with microsoft fix it
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058/en-us with normal and  aggresive mode, none of them works.
can anyone help me on this?Regards, Ferry Huang

A:Windows Update Failed Error Code 0xc8000247

but when i register the dll, there are some error saying the dll is missing or not valid (something like that),
maybe some DLLs are damaged.

Please start the command prompt (cmd.exe) with admin rights [1] and run sfc [2]:

sfc.exe /scannow

Is it able to find and repair broken files (create the txt file shown under [2] and look if all files are restored)?

best regards
André

[1]
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/How-do-I-run-an-application-once-with-a-full-administrator-access-token

[2]
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833 "A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Want to install RSAT on Windows 7 Sp1? Check my HowTo: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=150221

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/54066ae6-d318-4c09-96a0-316e573c9c37/windows-update-failed-error-code-0xc8000247?forum=itprovistamigration
Relevancy 95.46%

I'm trying to install update KB2639308 but it keeps saying that it fails and gives me the error code WindowsUpdate_FFFFFFFE. I looked it up online and it says that it can't update because of malware. However, when I run Norton and do a full system scan it doesn't find anything. I also tried to fix it with the Windows Update Troubleshooter and that doesn't help either. Is there anything else I can do without having to fully reinstall Windows 7 like the info on the site says? Please help.

A:Failed Windows Update, error code WindowsUpdate_FFFFFFFE

Hi,

A pre-requisite for this update is having Service Pack 1 installed. Can you confirm that this is the case?

Also, which version of Norton are you running? Is it the very latest? I have found posts where running Microsoft's own MSE doesn't find any malware, yet the error this occurs, so lets try something totally different:

Please perform an online virus scan using ESET
ESET Online Scanner

Can you also please run this tool to allow us to diagnose any other conditions that might prevent this update installing:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

1. Click the Continue button.
2. Click Copy button (ignore any error messages if they appear)
3. Paste the results here in your next reply

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/220812-failed-windows-update-error-code-windowsupdate_fffffffe.html
Relevancy 95.46%

Hello,

Last week I did a clean install of Win 7. A few days later noticed Windows update had stopped working. I was unable to fix it so did a repair install of Windows.
Now all seems fine except I cannot update to IE 11. I get a 9c59 error and cant seem to fix this.
Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

The log files are here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5r2y7pthy5khtu0/CBS.rar?dl=0

Thanks

A:IE 11 Windows Update installation failed code 9c59

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
Mag download,
Select all and copy and paste the report contents here,
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=52012

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/400755-ie-11-windows-update-installation-failed-code-9c59.html
Relevancy 95.46%

I recently did a clean install of Windows Professional -bit on my Gateway LT Netbook computer Atom N CPU Gb memory Gb usable Yes I know this operating system is a stretch for this computer Be that as it may I'm determined to use it this way and it seems to be performing well After several iterations finally got all the Windows Updates installed successfully except IE I keep getting error code c 11 failed IE code installation 9c59 Windows Update both with Windows Update and standalone IE installation Attachment I have run the IE 11 Windows Update installation failed code 9c59 System Update Readiness Tool twice ran to completion both times no problems and I ran sfc scannow once ran to completion reported no problems As an aside when I first installed Win Pro -bit IE came up as IE I successfully ran standalone installs of IE and IE I have since uninstalled IE and IE so I'm back to IE I have attached CBS zip and four CbsPersist zip files I have one more most recent unfortunately CsPersist zip file but it is Mb and won't upload Attachment Attachment Attachment Attachment Attachment

A:IE 11 Windows Update installation failed code 9c59

Your problem appears to be related to this error...

Code:
2014-10-16 15:26:37, Info CSI 00000028 Component change list:
2014-10-16 15:26:37, Info CSI 00000029 Couldn't find the hash of component: Microsoft-Windows-IE-IELowUtil, Version = 11.2.9600.17358, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the catalog [l:192{96}]"\SystemRoot\WinSxS\Catalogs\854a4fa1015dcfe133f699224ddaf8184bc76218d56440730bb5bcbf88d59ade.cat".
2014-10-16 15:26:37, Error CSI [email protected]/10/16:19:26:37.493 (F) d:\win7sp1_gdr\base\wcp\componentstore\csd_winners.cpp(1302): Error 80092004 [Warning,Facility=FACILITY_NTSSPI,Code=8196 (0x2004)] originated in function CCSDirectTransaction::AddImplicationsToCatalogsAndVerifyComponentHashes expression: (null)
[gle=0x80004005]

I need to have a look at your COMPONENTS registry hive

Please copy the C:\Windows\System32\config\COMPONENTS file (no extension) to your desktop and then compress it - upload the compressed file to your favoured fileshare site (preferably Dropbox or OneDrive) and post a link.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/349060-ie-11-windows-update-installation-failed-code-9c59.html
Relevancy 95.46%

Hi,

I have encountered error code 800F0900 with the recent Windows Update process. The followings are my screen shots and CBS logs for your perusal.

Thanks for taking time to solve my problem.

Regards.
STLai

A:Windows Update failed error code: 800F0900

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/346084-windows-update-failed-error-code-800f0900.html
Relevancy 94.17%

I have run Bitdefender Antivirus scan with updated virus definitions I have run Malwarebytes with updated virus definitions I have run the System Update Readiness Tool It ran to completion with no errors It didn't create a file called CheckSur log I have searched the entire drive and I looked in C Windows CheckSur v I have run sfc scannow I have run a Win Update in place I have updated all MS updates except for IE The Windows update error I am getting is Code C I have attached the CBS log failed update Windows Code 9C59 installing IE11 to this post I have run Windows update failed Code 9C59 installing IE11 this BAT file to search for errors Nothing showed Code findstr c quot SR quot windir Logs CBS CBS log gt userprofile Desktop sfcdetails txt start Notepad userprofile Desktop sfcdetails txt DEL windir Logs CBS CBS log cmd I have run MicrosoftFixit wu Run exe Rebooted and tried Windows Update again I have run this bat file before the last Windows Update Code echo on msiexec unregister msiexec regserver net stop bits net stop WuAuServ net stop appidsvc net stop cryptsvc Del quot ALLUSERSPROFILE Application Data Microsoft Network Downloader qmgr dat quot Set i again If exist quot C WINDOWS SoftwareDistribution old i quot set A i i goto again Set x i ren C WINDOWS SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution old x Set i again If exist quot systemroot system catroot catroot old i quot set A i i goto again Set x i Ren systemroot system catroot catroot old x sc exe sdset bits D A CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC SY A CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO BA A CCLCSWLOCRRC AU A CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC PU sc exe sdset wuauserv D A CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC SY A CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO BA A CCLCSWLOCRRC AU A CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC PU cd d windir system regsvr exe s atl dll regsvr exe s urlmon dll regsvr exe s mshtml dll regsvr exe s shdocvw dll regsvr exe s browseui dll regsvr exe s jscript dll regsvr exe s vbscript dll regsvr exe s scrrun dll regsvr exe s msxml dll regsvr exe s msxml dll regsvr exe s msxml dll regsvr exe s actxprxy dll regsvr exe s softpub dll regsvr exe s wintrust dll regsvr exe s dssenh dll regsvr exe s rsaenh dll regsvr exe s gpkcsp dll regsvr exe s sccbase dll regsvr exe s slbcsp dll regsvr exe s cryptdlg dll regsvr exe s oleaut dll regsvr exe s ole dll regsvr exe s shell dll regsvr exe s initpki dll regsvr exe s wuapi dll regsvr exe s wuaueng dll regsvr exe s wuaueng dll regsvr exe s wucltui dll regsvr exe s wups dll regsvr exe s wups dll regsvr exe s wuweb dll regsvr exe s qmgr dll regsvr exe s qmgrprxy dll regsvr exe s wucltux dll regsvr exe s muweb dll regsvr exe s wuwebv dll netsh winsock reset net start bits net start WuAuServ net start appidsvc net start cryptsvc bitsadmin exe reset allusers Reboot the system Once that s done Go Start gt All Programs gt Windows Updates and see if it will allow their downloading installation of Windows Updates End cmd I have attached the WindowsUpdate log Produced after the bat file below was run And after MSFixit wu run There is an error in the WindowsUpdate log I don't know how to fix it Please help me fix this problem Thank you Docfxit

A:Windows update failed Code 9C59 installing IE11

Pleasefollow the WindowsUpdate Posting Instructions and post the requested data
If the file is too large (8MBcompressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file isbelow the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (theforum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/340563-windows-update-failed-code-9c59-installing-ie11.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Tried running windows update KB2545698 and it failed due to error code 800B0100. Please help!

A:Update for Windows 7 (KB2545698) failed due to error code 800B0100

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/338121-update-windows-7-kb2545698-failed-due-error-code-800b0100.html
Relevancy 94.17%

I have a HP mini 110-3000 and am trying to install the Windows 7 Service Pack 1 but every time I have tried to update, it comes up with error code 26. I have tried everything that I could think of and need assistance.

A:Windows 7 Service Pack failed to update, error code 26

Hello Krayola47, welcome to SevenForums!

Can you post the requested data please?

Windows Update Posting Instructions

Tom

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/300678-windows-7-service-pack-failed-update-error-code-26-a.html
Relevancy 93.74%

hi every time i try to update my window 7 ..32bit SP1. IT GO TO 8% THEN give my error code 800f081f, can some one please help me. thanks for any help.

A:error code 800f081f

Hi and welcome to TSF try this How do I reset Windows Update components?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/error-code-800f081f-615720.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Can you help me Guys..
cant update sp1.
error code. 800F081F
19% in download then I get this error.

A:sp1 error code 800F081F

Quote: Originally Posted by MYangelo

Can you help me Guys..
cant update sp1.
error code. 800F081F
19% in download then I get this error.

Check this out mate.

SP1 error's 800F081F & 800F0A13

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/148566-sp1-error-code-800f081f.html
Relevancy 93.74%

When trying to download updates for Vista Ultimate I get the error code 800f081f. I tried to trouble shoot the problem and try it again, but it doesn't work. What do I do to fix this code and get updates automaticaly?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4a36b7d4-7524-4120-b0de-a37be6511914/error-code-800f081f?forum=itprovistaannouncements
Relevancy 93.31%

Auto security update seems to have created error code C0000142 and saying unable to access (?) as well as volume on computer no longer works - now what folks?  Many thanks as always.

A:windows 7 home 64 bit dell PC update failed caused error code

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post. 
Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586384/windows-7-home-64-bit-dell-pc-update-failed-caused-error-code/
Relevancy 93.31%

Hi when running windows update all the updates fail and give the error code 800706F7. I have retried 3 times all to the same result. i have searched for this error code and the only results i found was about removing a previous 2014 update but this was not on my computer. i have ran the System Update Readiness Tool which installed 1 update however i can still not download the other updates

A:windows update error code 800706F7 54 important updates failed

Tried again and am now also getting error codes 80246007 and 8007002

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/371496-windows-update-error-code-800706f7-54-important-updates-failed.html
Relevancy 93.31%

I'm running Windows 7 x86_64 architecture, and I am trying to install Internet Explorer 10 via the Windows Update service (currently I have Internet Explorer 8 installed). This update is continually failing with a 9C59 error (screenshot attached). I have tried to update to Internet Explorer 10 manually via the .exe to install Internet Explorer 10 and it also fails (as does, IE 9).

I have also attached the C:\Windows\Logs\CBS directory as a .zip file. From this, it seems as though some repair files are missing, although I can't quite figure out where these are supposed to be, or from which package/update they should have been installed from.

Any help appreciated,
Jon

A:Windows Update failed to install Internet Explorer 10 - Code 9C59

The problem seems to be very deep-rooted.
There are C results in your files - but the CBS.log reveals the following error

Code:
Pin (3): flags: 0 tlc: [Microsoft-Windows-ImageBasedSetup-IE-Base-Deployment-Downlevel-LanguagePack, Version = 6.2.9200.16521, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture = [l:10{5}]"en-US", VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral]) ref: ( flgs: 00000000 guid: {d16d444c-56d8-11d5-882d-0080c847b195} name: [l:326{163}]"Microsoft-Windows-ImageBasedSetup-IE-Package-Base-Downlevel~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~en-US~6.2.9200.16521.Microsoft-Windows-ImageBasedSetup-IE-Package-Base-Downlevel" ncdata: [l:0]"") thumbprint: [l:128{64}]"b691ff0ae0d6ef5035b67c9f9e97a062dc3a88fbf6e1a144209c26be94d5ccd2"
2013-08-09 18:59:20, Info CSI 00000024 Component change list:
2013-08-09 18:59:20, Info CSI 00000025 Couldn't find the hash of component: Microsoft-Windows-IE-IEShims, Version = 10.2.9200.16635, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the catalog [l:192{96}]"\SystemRoot\WinSxS\Catalogs\41f8d72a79f78879f1562ac60358fe1bb87d573fa345bf3a7a35765e101ce5ef.cat".
2013-08-09 18:59:20, Error CSI [email protected]/8/9:10:59:20.258 (F) d:\win7sp1_gdr\base\wcp\componentstore\csd_winners.cpp(1302): Error 80092004 [Warning,Facility=FACILITY_NTSSPI,Code=8196 (0x2004)] originated in function CCSDirectTransaction::AddImplicationsToCatalogsAndVerifyComponentHashes expression: (null)
[gle=0x80004005]
2013-08-09 18:59:20, Error CSI 00000027 (F) 80092004 [Warning,Facility=FACILITY_NTSSPI,Code=8196 (0x2004)] #154986# from CCSDirectTransaction::PrepareForCommit(...)[gle=0x90092004]
2013-08-09 18:59:20, Error CSI 00000028 (F) 80092004 [Warning,Facility=FACILITY_NTSSPI,Code=8196 (0x2004)] #154985# from CCSDirectTransaction::ExamineTransaction(...)[gle=0x90092004]
2013-08-09 18:59:20, Error CSI 00000029 (F) 80092004 [Warning,Facility=FACILITY_NTSSPI,Code=8196 (0x2004)] #154984# from CCSDirectTransaction_IRtlTransaction::ExamineTransaction(...)[gle=0x90092004]
2013-08-09 18:59:20, Error CSI 0000002a (F) CRYPT_E_NOT_FOUND #154736# from Windows::COM::CPendingTransaction::IStorePendingTransaction_Analyze(...)[gle=0x80092004]
2013-08-09 18:59:20, Error CSI 0000002b (F) CRYPT_E_NOT_FOUND #154213# from Windows::ServicingAPI::CCSITransaction::ICSITransaction_Commit(Flags = 38 (0x00000026), pSink = NULL, disp = 0, coldpatching = FALSE)[gle=0x80092004]
2013-08-09 18:59:20, Error CSI 0000002c (F) CRYPT_E_NOT_FOUND #154212# 361514 us from Windows::ServicingAPI::CCSITransaction_ICSITransaction::Commit(flags = 0x00000026, pSink = NULL, disp = 0)
[gle=0x80092004]
2013-08-09 18:59:20, Error CBS Exec: Failed to commit CSI transaction to resolve execution chain. [HRESULT = 0x80092004 - CRYPT_E_NOT_FOUND]
2013-08-09 18:59:20, Info CSI [email protected]/8/9:10:59:20.386 CSI Transaction @0x1fb9c90 destroyed
2013-08-09 18:59:20, Info CBS Perf: Resolve chain complete.
2013-08-09 18:59:20, Info CBS Failed to resolve execution chain. [HRESULT = 0x80092004 - CRYPT_E_NOT_FOUND]
2013-08-09 18:59:20, Error CBS Failed to process single phase execution. [HRESULT = 0x80092004 - CRYPT_E_NOT_FOUND]
It's an error type that I would have expected CheckSUR to find - but it appears to miss it.

I;m not sure whether it's a registry error or a file srror at this point - and I can't do much until at least Friday evening (Tom, please take that as an invite to take over! )

I'll be back when I can - post back if you don't hear from me by Saturday

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/300610-windows-update-failed-install-internet-explorer-10-code-9c59.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Hello,
I am receiving the titled errors during windows update, I checked at windows support and tried every answer given there with no success.
in addition, i think that this might be the cause that BattleField 3 crashes all the time.

A:Windows Update errors Code 800B0100 and Code 8007065E, tried everythin

First, check that teh file system and disk are OK
type in the Search box
CMD.EXE
right-click on the only file that is found
Select Run as Administrator
- the Elevated Command Prompt window should pop up
At the Command prompt, type
CHKDSK C: /R
and hit the Enter key
You will be told that the drive is locked, and the CHKDSK will run at he next boot - hit the Y key, and then reboot. The chkdsk will take a few hours depending on the size of the drive, so be patient!

After the CHKDSK has run, Windows should boot normally (possibly after a second auto-reboot) - then run the SFC

SFC -System File Checker - Instructions
Click on the Start button
type in the Search box
CMD.EXE
right-click on the only file that is found
Select Run as Administrator
- the Elevated Command Prompt window should pop up
At the Command prompt, type

SFC /SCANNOW

and hit the Enter key
Wait for the scan to finish - make a note of any error messages - and then reboot.

You will have seen that the SFC command leaves a log - please upload the CBS.log and attach it to your response (You will probably have to copy it to the dektop first)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/207677-windows-update-errors-code-800b0100-code-8007065e-tried-everythin.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Attachment 290231
i having problem with this windows update

here is zip for CBSAttachment 290230

thanks!!!

A:windows update error (code 9c48 and code 9c57)

You haven't run the CheckSUR tool.

Pleasefollow the WindowsUpdate Posting Instructions and post the requested data

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/308652-windows-update-error-code-9c48-code-9c57.html
Relevancy 92.02%

I try to get updates but i keep getting (windows could not search for new updates) and error code 80072ee2. I tried reinstalling the software that came with my computer it seem to work until i got all 93 updates installed. At the same time i have a problem signing on to windows messenger it always comes up with a ip address problem. also on internet explorer and Mozilla FireFox i have a problem loading it takes forever then comes up with can not display page. I'm new to this so any help would be vary helpful.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/212856-error-code-80072ee2.html
Relevancy 91.59%

I haven't been able to update Windows for a while now. There are 13 updates that cannot download.

I have Error code 800B0100 and Error code 8024200D

Please help ASAP.
My CBS file is too large to post, what should I do?

A:Can't update Windows Code 800B0100 and Code 8024200D

Please also post the C:\Windows\windowsudpate.log file

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/376337-cant-update-windows-code-800b0100-code-8024200d.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi, I've tried multiple times to upgrade to SP1 via Windows Update and it has failed. It doesn't even get to the installation stage; it fails to download. I have tried reverting to a system restore point multiple times, and it still fails.

My system:
Asus K52Jr-X5 Notebook
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
Intel Core i3-350m
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470
500 GB hard drive with 2 partitions
4 GB DDR3 RAM

A:SP1 x64 Home Premium Upgrade Error: Code 800F081F

Try this:
Windows Update - Reset

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/146473-sp1-x64-home-premium-upgrade-error-code-800f081f.html
Relevancy 89.87%

I apologize if this is the wrong area.

I've been having quite a bit of trouble with this--and even when I had XP. Whenever I try to manually check for updates, it simply doesn't work, and gives me the error code. I've tried numerous things to remedy it, such as going directly from my modem to the PC, as well as uninstalling/reinstalling the ethernet driver.

Any help?

A:Check for Updates - Error Code 80072EE2

Have you applied any patches to remove the watermark or send feedback options if so I had the same problem and I had to do a system restore to undo the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/1565-check-updates-error-code-80072ee2.html
Relevancy 89.87%

I am unable to install Windows updates as I get an error " Code 64C : windows update encountered an unknown error..
Same with Code 66A
Please help.
I am unable to also install Windows Live essentials
I am using Windows 7
Greg

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c82eb8bf-4ea1-43ff-ab49-272ea5eb279c/windows-update-error-code-64c-code-66a?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 89.87%

hey guys im new to this and havent been in the pc quot game quot in a while so im Service installing error code: not properly 1 800f081f package a bit rusty so please bear with me SO ive been trying to install ARK survival evolved on steam and ive installed it properly but when i try to Service package 1 not installing properly error code: 800f081f run the game i get an error code saying quot MSVCR dll quot is missing or something anyways i read on the forums the game requires the service pack windows update so i tried and failed with error code f f windows recommended installing quot hotfix quot so i did and hotfix couldnt fix it so im pretty much out of hope i thought maybe you guys could help also when i ran sfc scan cmd told me quot windows resource protection found curropt files but was unable to fix some of them details are included in the cbs log quot and which in that folder i found that in checksur log i get this f CSI Payload File Missing x iexplore exe amd microsoft-windows-i etexplorer-optional bf ad e none f d cf e de e please help thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/380161-service-package-1-not-installing-properly-error-code-800f081f.html
Relevancy 89.01%

Hi guys whenever i try checking for updates i receive the error code 80072ee2. Initially i had been receiving the update kb2976978 and another one, but everytime i tried installing them i received the same above error. I tried dism, the windows fixit tool, restarting windows update services and clearing the software distribution folder until finally i came to this situation:

where i had 'never' checked for updates. So i click check for updates on the left hand side and i receive this error:

I was thinking that since the error 80072ee2 referenced a timeout in connection, and i had full internet connection, that maybe the microsoft servers were overloaded. However other computers on my network have succesfully made the transition to windows 10 without their updates failing. I was hoping someone could help me out. Thanks a bunch.

A:When checking for updates i receive error code 80072EE2

Also whenever i run dism i get this error:

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/69789-when-checking-updates-i-receive-error-code-80072ee2.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi All,
I'm new here and I think I messed up the post that I made. I had meant to say that all of a sudden I can't use windows installer service I get error code 8007641 or error code 641. I'm unsure why I'm not able to use windows installer anymore and I'm not able to get valuable updates from windows without it. Has anyone else ever had this problem and if so, were they able to come up with a solution? Thank you. This is my first day on the site and unsure how to get around on it, but it seems like it's an exciting site and I'm looking forward to using it.
Thanks,
Miket797

A:Windows Installer, Error Code 8007641 or error code 641

DownloadmsiserverLaunch it,click YESRestart the PC and try to updateIf you still have issuesDownloadmini toolboxCheckmark following boxes: List last 10 Event Viewer log List Installed ProgramsClick Go and post the result.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/466600/windows-installer-error-code-8007641-or-error-code-641/
Relevancy 87.72%

G'day I'm having some trouble installing the above update I've run the MrFixIt utility but still get an error trying to install this update Can someone recommend a solution to try This is an Asus X C netbook running a clean install of Windows Professional x OEM Regards Golden Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - -HMV - VJP - XPD Windows Product Key Hash ICzuR ZBq sVgVzcSnQ UM L Y Windows Code to Update, 8020000E Failed Security - Update (KB2709715) Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type COA SLP Windows OS version ID D A F A-EDF - - B- Security Update (KB2709715) - Failed to Update, Code 8020000E BC EB Is Admin Yes Security Update (KB2709715) - Failed to Update, Code 8020000E TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Professional Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt D A F A-EDF - - B- BC EB lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - - XPD lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt ASUSTeK Computer Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt K C lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt American Megatrends Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt K C lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt B FE lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt C lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Cen Australia Standard Time GMT lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt ASUS lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt Notebook lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Software licensing service version Name Windows R Professional edition Description Windows Operating System - Windows R OEM COA SLP channel Activation ID da eadd- dc- -a -f c Application ID c -d - d - e-d ec f f Extended PID - - - - - - - Installation ID Processor Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Machine Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Use License URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Product Key Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Partial Product Key XPD License Status Licensed Remaining Windows rearm count Trusted time PM Windows Activation Technologies-- gt HrOffline x HrOnline x HealthStatus x Event Time Stamp ActiveX Registered Version Admin Service Registered Vers... Read more

A:Security Update (KB2709715) - Failed to Update, Code 8020000E

Solved by downloading and manually installing from here:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=30103

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/245539-security-update-kb2709715-failed-update-code-8020000e.html
Relevancy 86.86%

I got error code 9c48 when trying to install the important update for IE9. Not only has the update failed, but it has caused IE9 to be inoperable, resulting in NO browser. I can't seem to find any solution. Please help.

A:IE9 Update Failed - Error code 9c48

Try a system integrity scan
RUN > CMD > SFC /SCANNOW

Also try using firefox to access the net,then uninstall IE & download to install IE9 again.

You can try rolling back to your previous ver as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/165023-ie9-update-failed-error-code-9c48.html
Relevancy 86.86%

This one has me boggled. I've searched high low looking for a solution to this issue without any success thus far. As the title of the thread say, I've been unable to install SP1.

Link to my CBS directory (zipped): https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...6E21F538FA!107

SFC /SCANNOW reported no errors.

Let me know if you need anything else and thanks for the help.

The error message says, "Windows Update encountered an unknown error"

A:Win 7 x64 SP1 Update Failed, Error Code 80070002

There's no sign in your CBS.log file that SFC actually ran.
an 0x80070002 error is actually a 'File not found' error, and often means that a registry entry is pointed in the wrong direction, rather than that a file is missing.

Is your machine showing any other signs of problems?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/269020-win-7-x64-sp1-update-failed-error-code-80070002-a.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi,

I have a W7 Pro 64-bit machine that just will not apply KB2868038

after a reboot it it comes up failed with code 8024200D

System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB947821) 'Hotfix' was applied with no dramas

SFC /scannow came up clean

The PC is part of a domain with a WSUS server handing out the updates.
It's identical to a bunch of other PCs and is the only machine with a fail notice.

Apart from this one item, it's not showing and other updates needed.

Cheers

A:W7 Update KB2868038 failed with code 8024200D

Hi Joss and welcome to Sevenforums!

I looked at your files and it seems that your update is failing possibly because of a missing system file "usbcir.sys"

usbcir.sys is a driver connected to Infrared eHome. I would try updating or installing this driver and then see if your problem is fixed.

Also, the 8024200D error could indicate that the Update wasn't completely downloaded or installed. If the driver is not the problem, redownload the update and try to update. I would try this after a reboot, just to be thorough.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/341200-w7-update-kb2868038-failed-code-8024200d.html
Relevancy 85.57%

help i am trying to update my vista 32 bit and when the program is searching for a update, i get the error code and it says " windows update encountered an unknown error." code 80070424 please help me solve my problem

A:Help! update search failed error code 80070424

Please read thoroughly this one:Windows Update Error 80070424

If described steps are too hard to follow then please prepare log from VistaSysInfoTool (select all) VistaForums SysInfo Tool

Log attache to post

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/261987-help-update-search-failed-error-code-80070424-a.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi guys.

Thanks in advance

Legit copy of windows.

Removed 4 .cab's to get under 8megs.

Scannow clean.

A:Update KB2961072 failed error code 800B0100

Here's the error-lit from the CheckSUR scan

Code:
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-winsock-core_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18489_none_35c7815175410855.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-winsock-core_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22705_none_36a3a0208e215d89.manifest
servicing\packages\Package_2_for_KB2961072~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_2_for_KB2961072~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2961072_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2961072_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2961072~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2961072~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_2_for_KB2961072~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.cat
servicing\packages\Package_2_for_KB2961072~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2961072_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2961072_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2961072~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2961072~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.cat
I'll post a fix protocol later.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/338932-update-kb2961072-failed-error-code-800b0100.html
Relevancy 85.57%

error code: 80075070
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 for x64-based Systems (KB2972211)
Download size: 12.8 MB

cbs.zip is 35mb max upload limit is 8mb

this is a laptop i have been removing addware on for a freind
it now seems to be working fine other than this one update

thanks

A:.NET Framework 3.5.1 failed to update error code: 80075070

Ok i deleted some of the files in the cbs folder to make it smaller and uploaded it
hopefully someone can reply now so i can get this laptop back to them

edit
nevermind
downloading the update from the microsoft website rather than relying on windows update seems to have fixed it

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/345688-net-framework-3-5-1-failed-update-error-code-80075070-a.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I have been getting help from Arc over on the BSOD section of this forum site for a few weeks now. I figured I'd start a thread here about the update troubles I've been experiencing over the past few days as well. There is one update that won't apply no matter what I try. I've run the amalgamated .bat tool posted on this forum and that didn't solve my issue. I will let my logs and screenshots speak for themselves from here, though.

Thanks in advance for any help!

As stated in the title, error code is 80073712. Also, I can't seem to get my CBS logs to upload. I keep getting an internal server error about the resource not being available. The screenshot attached perfectly fine. I will try to either edit this post to add them or add them as a comment.

Attachment 298869

A:Security update failed, error code 80073712

Still can't get the CBS.zip to upload. I will attach a screenshot of the error page. I'll try it again later.

Attachment 298870

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/316272-security-update-failed-error-code-80073712-a.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I've haven't been able to install this update 'Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 for x64-based Systems (KB2943357)'
It keeps coming up with an error code 80073712.

I am also getting an error 8004100E when trying to upgrade to Windows 10

Using the SUR tool I got the following log:

A:Security Update Failed Error code 80073712

You have rather a lot of errors there!

Code:
Summary:
Seconds executed: 124
Found 96 errors
CSI Manifest All Zeros Total count: 72
CBS MUM Corrupt Total count: 14
CBS Catalog Corrupt Total count: 10

winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft.transactions.bridge.dtc_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.22733_none_65085bdd54b4a629.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_wcf-m_sm_ins_rc_dll_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22733_none_2795328d79930284.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_wcf-system.runtime.serialization.ref_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.22733_none_424d323c8e896dad.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_wcf-icardres_dll_vista_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18523_none_6f276a738180cba8.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_wcf-system.servicemodel.ref_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.22733_none_5ebf2b63339ef82d.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_wcf-smdiagnostics_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.18523_none_f5ee0756c06c09cd.manifest
winsxs\manifests\msil_system.runtime.serialization.resources_b77a5c561934e089_6.1.7601.22733_en-us_787b5545d9776103.manifest
winsxs\manifests\msil_smdiagnostics.resources_b77a5c561934e089_6.1.7601.18523_en-us_496526973f1e68f2.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_wcf-m_sm_ins_rc_dll_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18523_none_271663c8606d49a2.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-wcfcorecomp.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22733_en-us_ff634b2369479517.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_wcf-infocard_api_dll_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18523_none_02011939c648dcfe.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_wcf-system.servicemodel.washosting_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.18523_none_0242455f46f9765d.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_wcf-icardagt_exe_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22733_none_907097fea175fea2.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_wcf-system.runtime.serialization_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.22733_none_7d243f06e2816846.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_wcf-m_sm_cfg_ins_exe_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22733_none_5eba49464cf449c9.manifest
winsxs\manifests\msil_system.runtime.serialization_b77a5c561934e089_6.1.7601.22733_none_bff6ca10b626f70a.manifest
winsxs\manifests\msil_system.identitymodel_b77a5c561934e089_6.1.7601.18523_none_f1b7e3b500b0dd75.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_wcf-system.servicemodel_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.18523_none_a1a8f58c939aac4a.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_infocard.resources_b77a5c561934e089_6.1.7601.18523_en-us_1c3528fb3f63ae97.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-wpfcorecomp.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18523_en-us_102e1681a6f8daa0.manifest
winsxs\manifests\msil_system.servicemodel.washosting_b77a5c561934e089_6.1.7601.22733_none_7b9fe117b7a77077.manifest
winsxs\manifests\msil_smsvchost.resources_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.22733_en-us_b2b27b25e379631c.manifest
winsxs\manifests\msil_system.servicemodel_b77a5c561934e089_6.1.7601.22733_none_627b1e3960ee4846.manifest
winsxs\manifests\msil_smsvchost.resources_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.18523_en-us_c97f21bfc9d2e96e.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft.transactions.bridge.dtc_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.18523_none_7bd502773b0e2c7b.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_wcf-m_sm_mof_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22733_none_230aba46aff3690d.manifest
winsxs\manifests\msil_system.servicemodel.resources_b77a5c561934e089_6.1.7601.22733_en-us_0f4b4b63d0545797.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_wcf-infocard_api_dll_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22733_none_027fe7fedf6e95e0.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_wcf-smsvchost_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.22733_none_b0fabad924c43863.manifest
winsxs\manifests\msil_microsoft.transacti..ridge.dtc.resources_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.22733_en-us_ee690b9c8991e0b1.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_infocard.resources_b77a5c561934e089_6.1.7601.22733_en-us_05688261590a2845.manifest
winsxs\manifests\msil_system.identitymodel.resources_b77a5c561934e089_6.1.7601.18523_en-us_d834c775e8e8bf5a.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_wcf-icardagt_exe_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18523_none_8ff1c939885045c0.manifest
winsxs\manifests\msil_system.service... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/377490-security-update-failed-error-code-80073712-a.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I m seeing this a few times now on PC that are set to upgrade including one of my own ASUS Windows PC The fix appears to be to do the following - MS appears to be recommending the link on twitter Go into quot C Windows SoftwareDistribution Download quot and delete everything in that folder Now run the command prompt as an administrator Type in quot wuauclt exe updatenow quot Go to your Control Panel gt Windows Update and your Windows should start re-downloading from scratch hopefully without flaws this time https www reddit com r windows comments eyrre fix for the error when trying to install Click to expand Some sites also recommend emptying the recycle bin as well before running the Command Prompt http answers microsoft com en-us owsSupport amp linkId I l edit back in a few hours as my PC has now started to download the files again MB - It already has the hidden files - loaded on the th windows BT windows WS Under C nbsp

Relevancy 85.57%

OS is Vista Home Premium. Windows Update fails when trying to install KB980248. I can download the Update KB980248 manually, but the installation fails. The error code is 80070020.

A:Update KB980248 failed error code 80070020

Happy Holidays

The error indicates that the process is being used by another program
Perform a clean boot to determine the source of the other use.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

The above procedure should solve your problem. If it does not and you are certain that you follwed the procedure correctly, try these methods. Ask about method 1, above if you have questions, it should work

How do I reset Windows Update components?
Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista, for Windows Server 2008, for Windows 7, and for Windows Server 2008 R2
Cannot Update Windows using Windows Update

If it were my computer I would turn off the firewall and anti virus to start. I feel that one of these two are the problem

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/286253-update-kb980248-failed-error-code-80070020-a.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I have been looking around trying to find a fix for this issue, and no matter how hard I try, I cant get it to work. I need IE to update so I can get the upgrade to Windows 10.

Can someone who knows how to fix this error please help me and walk me through fixing it?

A:Internet Explorer 11 update failed error code 9c59

Hi Khaz, welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Read through this MS website & see if there ia anything there that could help.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2872074

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/377738-internet-explorer-11-update-failed-error-code-9c59.html
Relevancy 84.71%

My computer have two (2) updates today. One is an update for Virus definition of Windows Defender I think. Then the other one is an optional update for Aliyun, Inc. - Other hardware - Y. I try downloading and installing updates, but the "Aliyun" one failed. I tried reinstalling and redownloading updates. But it cannot install. These is always a problem (specifically error code 800F020B). What is this update? what should I do?

A:Failed to update Aliyun, Inc. - Other hardware - Y Error code 800F020B

This MS website may help you with the error 800F020B.

ERROR CODE 800F020B - Microsoft Community

This Wikipedia website tells you what Aliyun is.

Yun OS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/329304-failed-update-aliyun-inc-other-hardware-y-error-code-800f020b.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi everyone,

I have had this issue since September now and cannot seem to fix it,

The Windows update does not seem to be able to get past KB2943357 or KB2937610.
Worst part is that it attempts to install them every time I shut down resulting in a +20 minute shutdown every time.

- For SURT : i have downloaded and installed the KB947821 twice, first time it found errors, second time it didn't.

- SFC scan : Results are in the CBS.log file
- Windows error codes : 80073712

I use Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium x64

I hope you all can help me, ive been struggling with it for months now.

A:KB2943357 and KB2937610 error code 80073712 failed update

You have some MAJOR corruption.

Code:
Line 349082: 2015-01-05 18:19:25, Info CSI 000008b9 [SR] Repairing 128 (0x0000000000000080) components
Line 349083: 2015-01-05 18:19:25, Info CSI 000008ba [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
Line 349086: 2015-01-05 18:19:25, Info CSI 000008bc [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:32{16}]"bthprops.cpl.mui" of BTH-USER.Resources, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture = [l:10{5}]"en-US", VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 349089: 2015-01-05 18:19:25, Info CSI 000008be [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:28{14}]"hidbth.inf_loc" of hidbth.inf.Resources, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture = [l:10{5}]"en-US", VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 349092: 2015-01-05 18:19:25, Info CSI 000008c0 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:12{6}]"ks.inf" of ks.inf, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type = [l:24{12}]"driverUpdate", TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 349095: 2015-01-05 18:19:25, Info CSI 000008c2 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:48{24}]"accessibilitycpl.dll.mui" of Microsoft-Windows-accessibilitycpl.Resources, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture = [l:10{5}]"en-US", VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 349098: 2015-01-05 18:19:25, Info CSI 000008c4 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:24{12}]"hwcompat.txt" of Microsoft-Windows-Application-Experience-Inventory, Version = 6.1.7601.18683, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 349101: 2015-01-05 18:19:26, Info CSI 000008c6 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:30{15}]"xpsservices.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-Component-XpsOMAndStreaming, Version = 6.1.7601.17514, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 349104: 2015-01-05 18:19:26, Info CSI 000008c8 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:32{16}]"FntCache.dll.mui" of Microsoft-Windows-DirectWrite-FontCache.Resources, Version = 7.1.7601.16492, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture = [l:10{5}]"de-DE", VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 349107: 2015-01-05 18:19:26, Info CSI 000008ca [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:32{16}]"FntCache.dll.mui" of Microsoft-Windows-DirectWrite-FontCache.Resources, Version = 7.1.7601.16492, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture = [l:10{5}]"zh-HK", VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 349110: 2015-01-05 18:19:26, Info CSI 000008cc [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:46{23}]"DevicePairingWizard.exe" of Microsoft-Windows-DevicePairingApp, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, Publi... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/357447-kb2943357-kb2937610-error-code-80073712-failed-update.html
Relevancy 84.71%

anybody have any ideas?
have tried sfc /scannow
also the steps in this Windows Update Error 80246008 in Windows 7 - Fix
but to no avail, i still receive the error message

i have also used take ownership on the downloader file in programdata/microsoft/network
and was able to start bits service once i then re enabled windows update. it hung for awhile so i restarted and got the same error for bits, tried take ownership again, but still get the same error
screenshot included

A:Windows Updates Failed BITS failed to start error code 2147024894

Also...

Open Event Viewer
click on the Windows logs entry in the left pane to expand it.
Now click on the Application entry - wait while it loads.
Click on 'File' in the menu bar and select Save...
Save the file as Appevt.evtx
Repeat for the System log
then zip both, and upload them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/334252-windows-updates-failed-bits-failed-start-error-code-2147024894-a.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Computer model: Panasonic Toughbook CF-31
Processor: Intel Core i5-2540M CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.60GHz
RAM: 4 GB (3.89 GB usable)
System type: 64-bit

CBS Log
CBS.zip - Google Drive

I ran the SURT tool Windows6.1-KB947821-v34-x64.msu.
Ran fine, no problem.

Ran sfc /scannow
"Verification 100%"
"Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation."

Also ran
Malwarebytes
JRT.exe
Adwcleaner
Hitmanpro_x64

I still get the "Windows Update Error, Error Code 80070643, Code 9C57"

A:Windows Update Error, Error Code 80070643, Code 9C57

Hi Qpuser,
lookin at your logs
couple of questions
Are you dual booting or have the OS on your D drive/partition.
can you also run, in following order

http://www.sysnative.com/niemiro/apps/SFCFix.exe
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=52012
and sfc /scannow

copy/paste the results please.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/402356-windows-update-error-error-code-80070643-code-9c57.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I cannot install IE 9 because I need to update windows 7 first and I get this message:
Some updates were not installed. Failed 6 updates.
Errors found Code 8000FFFF Code 9C6

I have tried many of the suggestions I have read here - including 'Fixit' which tells me the problem is corrected - but I have not been able to fix this problem.

I appreciate any suggestions!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/ie-9-failed-code-8000ffff-code-9c6-658568.html
Relevancy 83.42%

I am trying to update system and it just says Code 80070005. Never been up dated. How do I fix this problem? I had to change out my hard drive and now I lost my windows 10 operating system. I have a windows 7 pro
disk so I installed it and it keeps saying I might be a victim of pirated software.How can I get my windows 10 back? It was register with Microsoft to this hardware. the only thing I changed was hard drives Am I going to have to buy a new operating system
? I am getting ready to start school I can't afford to buy new Operating System, Please help

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4ed9df09-6126-442a-81c2-e06520d7ffb7/what-is-code-code-80070005-in-windows-update-windows-7-pro?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi - I was looking through my update history and I noticed the above failure (dated 12/2/2008) but I cannot find any matching error codes from the details help links. The only information I can find is that this update is important as a prerequisite install prior to the upcoming SP1

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

A:Solved: Vista SP1 Prerequisite Update KB937287 Failed. Error Code 800704C8.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-sp1-prerequisite-update-kb937287-failed-error-code-800704c8.685046/
Relevancy 82.56%

I am having a frustrating problem with Windows Vista installer. It's error code 641. I have two pc's in my house with Vista, so I've got twice the problems. I can run some updates, but others I can't, including one for Silverlight. Also, I can't update iTunes, it bombs out. Please, if anyone knows how to fix this, let us all know. BTW, I purchased a reg fix program for $29.00 that led me to believe it would fix error code 641, but it didn't. Boy, I got better things to do on a Saturday morning than mess around with this. I'm not very technical, so I get a little nervous messing with registry, etc. SOS! HELP!

A:Windows Installer error code 641

Hi,

Try these fixes: -

Windows Installer and Error Codes 641 & 80070641 Issues - Microsoft Answers

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/296363-windows-installer-error-code-641-a.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I have the activation code but i was wondering if anyone could give me a link for to download the installer for windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)

A:need a link for windows 7 installer, already have the cd code

Hello Morzie,

Here you go for an ISO file:

Microsoft: Windows 7 Direct Download Links

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/305365-need-link-windows-7-installer-already-have-cd-code.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello firstly I would like to say thank you in advance for any help that can be given Also I would like to state that I am new to dealing with technical computer problems and may often not understand some of the jargon presented All my current information on this matter has come through google research The main issue I first noticed was that mysteriously about a quarter of the programmes on my laptop has mysteriously uninstalled themselves A few examples were the pre-loaded acer programmes some itunes products a couple of games and scarily AVG Antivirus along with quite a few others A few of these programmes reinstalled fine such as Error 1721 Code Windows Installer AVG but when it came to attempting to reinstall itunes I came across with this error message Error There is a problem with this Windows Installer package A program required for this install to complete could not be run Contact your support personal or package vendor As recommended on the itunes support forums i attempted to remove all programmes affiliated with itunes before trying Windows Installer Error Code 1721 to reinstall but i Windows Installer Error Code 1721 received this same error code while trying to uninstall one of the programmes So this was not solved I then researched more and performed an SFC scan not entirely sure what this is and got the report of quot Windows Resources Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them quot I followed the command to the CBS log but got stuck there due to lack of understanding I run WIndows Vista bit on an Acer Apire G laptop The CBS log report can be posted if necessary but i noticed it was VERY long

A:Windows Installer Error Code 1721

Welcome
Never heard of this one before
First Run a full updated anti virus scan
Download and run Malwarebytes full scan and update first
If postitve come back for help
If neagative
Run the SFC again, three times.
If that does not work, try a system restore from 3 days before the problem.
System Restore - How to
If none of that works, we may ask for the CBS Log.

Things like this do not just happen. I know that it is a virus or something that you did. Think back, add any software, try to experiement with the computer etc?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/286460-windows-installer-error-code-1721-a.html
Relevancy 81.7%

OS is bit VHP Can t install TurboTax updates - I get an error code windows installer problem tried the manual method they suggested and got the same results Also automatic Java update fails to install I tried uninstalling and reinstalling TurboTax from control panel to see if that would solve the problem but uninstaller wont work I have Neosmart vista repair disk - should I just run that I m reluctant windows 2203 code installer error to to that if windows installer error code 2203 I don t have to Would running that impact my files and documents Here s a hijack log if that s helpful Much appreciate any advice Thank you Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows System smss exe C Windows system csrss exe C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system csrss exe C Windows system services exe C Windows system lsass exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live Antivirus MsMpEng exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows system winlogon exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winssnotify exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFTray exe C Program Files Verizon McciTrayApp exe C Program Files Verizon VSP VerizonServicepoint exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Common Files Authentium AntiVirus dvpapi vista exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live OcHealthMon exe C Windows system svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Windows system svchost exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFService exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winss exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live Firewall msfwsvc exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exe C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar Preserve R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - ... Read more

Relevancy 80.84%

Having problem with installing Cumlative Security Update for Internet Explore 7 in Window Vista Home Premium.
Message is "Windows Modules installer stopped working and was closed. A Ploblem cased the application to stop working correctly. Windows will notify you if a solution is available".
Error code is 800F0902. I went microsoft web site and elsewhere, tried any solusion I found in forum, such as deleting everything in C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution. But didn't work.
Anybody knows how to solve this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-modules-installer-and-error-code-800f0902.796124/
Relevancy 79.98%

I had to remove AVG from the system as there was a virus problem that I dealt with but now when I try to install a new version of a AVG - I keep getting an installation errror code xC - MSI Engine failed to install the product Problem with Windows Installer Can I please get some help with this Can I fix Windows Installer if there is a problen with XP Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS - Problem Installation Error Windows Code 0xC0070643 Installer With RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files EssentialPIM EssentialPIM exe C WINDOWS Installation Error Code 0xC0070643 - Problem With Windows Installer system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Documents and Settings Compaq Owner Desktop Windows XP Utilities HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http entertainment msn com news justin aspx ipp R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO no name - B C- C F- BF -B - A - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Installation Error Code 0xC0070643 - Problem With Windows Installer Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKCU Run EssentialPIM quot C Program Files EssentialPIM EssentialPIM exe quot autorun O - HKCU Run swg quot C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Protocol linkscanner - F C- F - D -A D -FBDDE F D - no file O - SharedTaskScheduler Browseui preloader - C -A BA- D -B B- A C E - C WINDOWS system browseui dll O - SharedTaskScheduler Component Categories cache daemon - C EF- B - d -BE - C - C WINDOWS system browseui dll O - Service SAS Core Service SASCORE - SUPERAntiSpyware com - C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE ... Read more

A:Installation Error Code 0xC0070643 - Problem With Windows Installer

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.5
Scan saved at 4:48:23 PM, on 8/23/2014
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)Click to expand...

Why is your computer running Windows XP SP2?

The SP3 upgrade was released in May 2008.

The operating system in that computer is over 6 years out of date.

----------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installation-error-code-0xc0070643-problem-with-windows-installer.1132153/
Relevancy 78.69%

I turned on computer when It popped up the C:\program files (x86) windows optimizer\optimizer.exe
An error ocurred whle trying to replace the existing file:
DeleteFile failed; code 5.
Accessis denied.

How do I fix it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/x86-windows-optimizer-deletefile-failed-code-5.1132840/
Relevancy 78.69%

My windows activation has all of a sudden stopped working.
It states on my desktop, This copy of Windows is not genuine, when i know it's a working key.

I had been getting errors on my pc before, and had to fix them because my pc programs would freeze up and even, ctrl>alt>delete wouldn't work.
Got that all fixed.... but now

I can't activate windows 7 by my pc anywhere, or from phone.

Here is some screencaps of what it looks like:

windows activation by phone:

View Basic information about your computer, page:
As you can see, i have no where, now... to actually input the code to activate it.

Any help in resolving this issue, would be greatly appreciated.

A:Windows Activation Failed Code: 0xC0000022

Hello Jawsh, and welcome to Seven Forums.

If you have not already tried this, see if starting at step 2 in the tutorial below may help.

Activate Windows 7 by Phone

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/188438-windows-activation-failed-code-0xc0000022.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Ran SFC /Scannow, it completed with a message that "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation".
Downloaded and tried installing the System Update Readiness tool but it failed to install.
Stopped Windows Update service and renamed Software Distribution folder, tried again but no good.
Other updates are installing fine without any error.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e91b0c88-0b32-4dee-94c3-3fff3a078ba2/windows-7-x86-sp1-failed-to-install-with-error-code-8024200d?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 77.83%

I have the problem with HP Pavilion Notebook P1Q20EA.
Any idea how to solve this?

am not enable to run recovery, although I have recovery disk and the recovery drive is untouched. Anyone here from HP support?

A:Windows 10 Recovery failed ; Error code: 0xc000000f

Hi @OMH7, Welcome to the HP Forum! This is a wonderful location to converse with  the community, get assistance and find tips . For you to have a rewarding experience, I would like to include the following link for your perusal and reference. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More I understand you are having a difficulty doing a recovery, although you do have disks and the recovery partition. I am glad to help with that.Here is a link to HP PCs - Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 10), which will explain the issue and how to overcome it. Best of Luck! Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". This will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the" Thumbs up" below is a great way to say thanks!   

Sparkles1

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Windows-10-Recovery-failed-Error-code-0xc000000f/td-p/5540886
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi,

I recently reinstalled windows 7 on my computer after experiencing many crashes and update failures. Windows update succesfully installed all the other updates except for service pack 1. I've tried Microsoft fixit tool and Windows system update readiness tool. I've also tried clean boot, disk check, SFC... all without success.
I really don't wish to reinstall windows again for the 100th time
Appreciate your help.

Avi

A:Windows 7 failed to install SP1, error code 800736CC

Check your ram.
Memory Diagnostics Tool
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
How to use memtest:
RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Check the hard drive with the manufacturer's diagnostic tools.
Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.
Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/261395-windows-7-failed-install-sp1-error-code-800736cc.html
Relevancy 77.83%
A:Error Code 800B0100 8 failed windows updates

Quote: Originally Posted by fragital

dfgsdfgsfg

If you want assistance, don't post gibberish. Try letting us know what problems are, and what you have tried to solve them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/304268-error-code-800b0100-8-failed-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I have recently updated my preloaded window to However after the update it does not accept Windows 8 Failed: 0xC004C003 Code Activation 8.1 Error & my old window key and requires me to activate again using a product key Here is the error code xC C My nbsp DELL XPS nbsp came with a preloaded copy of window and yes it has a window sticker at the back and was fully activated before I updated to windows nbsp nbsp And as far as I know system which comes with preloaded Windows 8 & 8.1 Activation Failed: Error Code 0xC004C003 window has its product key injected to the nbsp motherboard and is a free update for window users So why the update does not accept my window key and ask me for a new key I know my window key cannot be used for any other system because the key is injected in the motherboard and I don t even know the key myself So what can I do now for my Window to be activated again More frustration is that I can t get back to windows I tried to reset to the factory image by using DELL backup amp Recovery software built in the system However after resetting to the factory image it does not accept embedded product key nbsp Here is nbsp details from the Diag Report nbsp lt DiagReport gt lt LicensingData gt nbsp lt ToolVersion gt lt ToolVersion gt nbsp lt LicensingStatus gt SL LICENSING STATUS NOTIFICATION lt LicensingStatus gt nbsp lt LicensingStatusReason gt xC F lt LicensingStatusReason gt nbsp lt LocalGenuineState gt SL GEN STATE INVALID LICENSE lt LocalGenuineState gt nbsp lt LocalGenuineResultP gt lt LocalGenuineResultP gt nbsp lt LastOnlineGenuineResult gt lt LastOnlineGenuineResult gt nbsp lt GraceTimeMinutes gt lt GraceTimeMinutes gt nbsp lt TotalGraceDays gt lt TotalGraceDays gt nbsp lt ValidityExpiration gt lt ValidityExpiration gt nbsp lt ActivePartialProductKey gt T lt ActivePartialProductKey gt nbsp lt ActiveProductKeyPid gt - - -AAOEM lt ActiveProductKeyPid gt nbsp lt OSVersion gt lt OSVersion gt nbsp lt ProductName gt Windows lt ProductName gt nbsp lt ProcessorArchitecture gt x lt ProcessorArchitecture gt nbsp lt EditionId gt Core lt EditionId gt nbsp lt BuildLab gt win gdr - lt BuildLab gt nbsp lt TimeZone gt Pacific Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt nbsp lt ActiveSkuId gt e b b- e - f - f-c f b ac lt ActiveSkuId gt nbsp lt ActiveSkuDescription gt Windows R Operating System OEM DM channel lt ActiveSkuDescription gt nbsp lt ProductUniquenessGroups gt c -d - d - e-d ec f f lt ProductUniquenessGroups gt nbsp lt ActiveProductKeyPKeyId gt ebfad c-bf e-b - -af a e lt ActiveProductKeyPKeyId gt nbsp lt ActiveProductKeyPidEx gt - - - - - - - lt ActiveProductKeyPidEx gt nbsp lt ActiveProductKeyChannel gt OEM DM lt ActiveProductKeyChannel gt nbsp lt ActiveVolumeCustomerPid gt lt ActiveVolumeCustomerPid gt nbsp lt OfflineInstallationId gt lt OfflineInstallationId gt nbsp lt DomainJoined gt false lt DomainJoined gt nbsp lt ComputerSid gt S- - - - - - lt ComputerSid gt nbsp lt ProductLCID gt lt ProductLCID gt nbsp lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt nbsp lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt nbsp lt CodeSigning gt SIGNED INFO PRS SIGNED lt CodeSigning gt nbsp lt ServiceAvailable gt true lt ServiceAvailable gt nbsp lt OemMarkerVersion gt x lt OemMarkerVersion gt nbsp lt OemId gt DELL nbsp lt OemId gt nbsp lt OemTableId gt AS nbsp nbsp lt OemTableId gt nbsp lt Manufacturer gt Dell Inc lt Manufacturer gt nbsp lt Model gt XPS One lt Model gt nbsp lt InstallDate gt - lt InstallDate gt lt LicensingData gt lt HealthCheck gt nbsp lt Result gt PASS lt Result gt nbsp lt TamperedItems gt lt TamperedItems gt lt HealthCheck gt lt GenuineAuthz gt nbsp lt ServerProps gt xc f lt ServerProps gt lt GenuineAuthz gt lt DiagReport gt

A:Windows 8 & 8.1 Activation Failed: Error Code 0xC004C003

Successfully activated Windows 8.1 after installed the latest version of BIOS.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19537852
Relevancy 77.83%

Recently I posted a thread concerning Zone Alarm and my problems with that program. I was told that Black Ice was a good alternative, so I got it. Now, the program doesn't seem to want to work at all and when I try to uninstall it I get the message:

"Failed to get product version from C:\WINDOWS\biversion.dll.Code: -1"

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me get this stinking program off my computer. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/failed-to-get-product-version-from-c-windows-biversion-dll-code-1.596866/
Relevancy 77.83%

Several failed Windows 7x64 updates (see attachements)

error code 800B0003

Attachment 352135

Ran SURT
Ran sfc/scannow in elevated prompt. It found errors that it could not fix.
Note: I could not upload the entire CBS folder as a rar or a zip,( I kept getting a 505 error) so I uploaded the cbs log file.

A:Windows 7 failed updates error code 800B0003

I need tha CheckSUR.log file as well please... and the c:\windows\windowsupdate.log file

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/363672-windows-7-failed-updates-error-code-800b0003.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello I'm Having Problem Updating My Windows 7 Ultimate into Windows 7 Ultimate SP1

I Tried Using System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 (KB947821) [August 2011] But an Error Pops Up

Please HELPP!!

A:Win7 Ultimate Update Failed to Win7 Sp1 Error Code 80073701

It is mostly caused due to corrupt language packs. Can you uninstall all language packs, reboot the PC, and then try to install the service pack again?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/213590-win7-ultimate-update-failed-win7-sp1-error-code-80073701-a.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I had the "backup failed" problem and nothing that I did fixed the issue. I followed all of Microsoft's fixes to no avail. Luckily I found a website that had the exact fix, links to the free software you will need and detailed instructions (including screen shots). I followed the instructions and now my backup works flawlessly. The link to the website is below. Good luck!

http://www.pagestart.com/win7br0x8100003301.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-backup-failed-error-code-0x81000033-resolution.1012917/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello, I was referred here from another forum topic.... Please follow this thread to review all my posthttp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/257239/possible-memory-modules-infected/I can't get Windows to updating.... Error Code 80070490 with 11 failed updatesThank you for everyones help

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/265454/windows-not-updating-error-code-80070490-with-11-failed-updates/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello,

I am trying to download and install windows updates so that they will be installed in my image when i come to deploy this for a client.

At the moment they are installing and then on reboot saying "Failed to configure windows updates" "Reverting change"

I imagine this will be quite a common error and a potentially easy fix.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks.

A:All Windows Updaates failed. ERROR DETAILS: Code 80071A2D

Hello KyranStansfield . welcome to the SevenForums . :You need to follow the posting instructions for this thread.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/338951-all-windows-updaates-failed-error-details-code-80071a2d.html