Windows Support Forum

Windows update shows 2 important but download fails

Q: Windows update shows 2 important but download fails

I have W7 Professional and 'Windows Update' shows 2 important updates.I click on update but it fails with error error code 800B0100. Clicking on 'get help' does not provide a solution. Can anyone help please?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows update shows 2 important but download fails

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows update shows 2 important but download fails

What are the 2 updates ?

Did you google the error code.

You could have newer versions of them, if it keeps up, just hide the updates.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/358208-windows-update-shows-2-important-but-download-fails.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello, I got moms laptop for repair, and found one problem. I can't install 6 updates, one of them is that Windows 10 one. Windows update gives me error 80070BC9. I already tried sfc /scannow, even on boot, it threw "unfixable" errors on me too.
Any help? (Windows 8.1)
Thanks!

P.S.: I tried to put CBS.log here, but I can't, don't know why.

A:Windows Update shows error 80070BC9, updates fails

Please post the KB{number} list of the updates you are trying to install.
Please upload the cbs.log file located at [windows partition]\windows\logs\cbs\ ,this log might have information about the problem + use this command
Code:
findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log > "%userprofiel%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt"

after sfc/scannow is finished.
The sfcdetails.txt file shows what sfc could not fix.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/70283-windows-update-shows-error-80070bc9-updates-fails.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I'm trying to download the Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - November KB from the Windows Update Website to my fails Windows Update Download WinXP machine behind a university firewall It fails every time with Error Code x The MS Windows help people have been very nice and they've managed to help me solve my other problems with Windows Updates and I'm up-to-date with all my other updates but this one is still outstanding I was wondering if anyone here had any hot tips So far we've tried Uninstalling all anti-virus software etc delete Hosts file Removed proxy exceptions Delete offline content Files cookies history from IE IE Options - gt Advanced - gt Restore Defaults - gt selelct SSL SSL and TLS Reset Windows Update Download fails intelligent Transfer service automatic updates registered msxml dll msxml dll msxml dll Register wuapi dll - wuaueng dll - wuaueng dll - wucltui dll - wups dll -wuweb dll - jscript dll - atl dll IE Internet Options Advanced select Use HTTP through proxy settings So far no cigar What do you reckon Any ideas

A:Windows Update Download fails

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

did the trick.

Just out of curiosity, do many other people have problems with Windows Update or Automatic Updates?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-update-download-fails-77097.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi all So my pc had started downloading updates and a few minutes later my system hung Desktop showed on monitor but mouse didn't move cursor hitting keys did nothing including good old alt ctrl del So I waited a minute to make sure it wouldn't recover and hit reset On windows startup it installed some of the updates Update after updates fails to crash download Windows it had started downloading before the crash However when I got into windows it said there were updates ready for download but whenever I try Windows Update fails to download updates after crash to download those I get an error Code B Windows Update encountered an unknown error Googling this I saw a suggestion to download and run System Update Readiness Tool Checksur exe which I did but still got the same error So I tried to do a system restore to the day before that crash still no go So I tried downloading the updates manually and install them but then I get told quot The update is not applicable to your computer quot So pardon my french but what the hell should I do I really really really don't want to reinstall windows PS Updates that fail are KB KB and KB

A:Windows Update fails to download updates after crash

Hello Valle, welcome to SF!

This sometimes happens when, for some reason, things are not updated in the right order. There are loads of other reasons but for me this is the most common.

Did you take a look at: Windows Update - Reset

It can help you reset the update history and put in what you want in the order advised.

Sometimes you don't want a specific update. That is when you use this: Windows Update - Uninstall an Update

Post back if you need more...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/176382-windows-update-fails-download-updates-after-crash.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Very troubling experiences lately Can't download any Windows Updates and I get a NSIS Error when trying to download any kind of software from the internet from valid sites like Kaspersky Bit Defender or gaming sofware from legit companies McAfee fails to Update new virus definitions I don't know what to do This is a month old laptop Windows Bit Here's the Hijack This Log Code Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan Error, Windows Download Update To Can't NSIS Updates, Install Fails saved at AM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT SP MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Intel Intel R USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Application iusb mon exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP On Screen Display HPOSD exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch HPMSGSVC exe C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD PDVD Serv exe C Program Files x CyberLink Shared files brs exe Windows Update Fails To Install Updates, NSIS Error, Can't Download C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x CyberLink YouCam YCMMirage exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashUtil ActiveX exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE C Windows sysWow SearchProtocolHost exe C Program Files x TrendMicro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL MSN com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Bing R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https startpage com eng R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL MSN com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL Bing R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Bing R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page MSN com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - BHO Bing Bar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - quot C Program Files x Microsoft BingBar BingExt dll quot file missing O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Bing Bar - dcb -df - - - fa b f - quot C Program Files x Microsoft BingBar BingExt dll quot file missing O - HKLM Run USB MON quot C Program Files x Intel Intel R USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Application iusb mon exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run HPOSD C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP On Screen Display HPOSD exe O - HKLM Run HP CoolSense C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP CoolSense CoolSense exe -byrunkey O - HKLM Run APSDaemon quot C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe quot O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Quick Launch C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch HPMSGSVC exe O - HKLM Run R... Read more

A:Windows Update Fails To Install Updates, NSIS Error, Can't Download

Quote: Originally Posted by atmywitsend

Very troubling experiences lately. Can't download any Windows Updates, and I get a NSIS Error when trying to download any kind of software from the internet, from valid sites like Kaspersky, Bit Defender, or gaming sofware from legit companies. McAfee fails to Update new virus definitions. I don't know what to do. This is a 7 month old laptop. Windows 7 64 Bit. Here's the Hijack This Log

Code:
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.3 (BETA)
Scan saved at 2:06:43 AM, on 2/1/2013
Platform: Unknown Windows (WinNT 6.01.3505 SP1)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v9.00 (9.00.8112.16450)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver\Application\iusb3mon.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP On Screen Display\HPOSD.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch\HPMSGSVC.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD10\PDVD10Serv.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Shared files\brs.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\YouCam\YCMMirage.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil32_11_5_502_146_ActiveX.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\OUTLOOK.EXE
C:\Windows\sysWow64\SearchProtocolHost.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\TrendMicro\HiJackThis\HiJackThis.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = MSN.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = Bing
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = https://startpage.com/eng/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = MSN.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = Bing
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = Bing
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = MSN.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\Windows\SysWOW64\blank.htm
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=userinit.exe
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In SSV Helper - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: URLRedirectionBHO - {B4F3A835-0E21-4959-BA22-42B3008E02FF} - C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~1\Office14\URLREDIR.DLL
O2 - BHO: Bing Bar Helper - {d2ce3e00-f94a-4740-988e-03dc2f38c34f} - "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\BingBar\BingExt.dll" (file missing)
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Bing Bar - {8dcb7100-df86-4384-8842-8fa844297b3f} - "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\BingBar\BingExt.dll" (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [USB3MON] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver\Application\iusb3mon.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe ARM] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPOSD] C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP On Screen Display\HP... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/276626-windows-update-fails-install-updates-nsis-error-cant-download.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi, I was looking through my update history and I noticed this:

I no longer get the option to download or install it even when I do a manual check for updates.  How can I go about fixing this?

On the other hand, how important is this really?  I have Avast! as my antivirus, is Windows Defender that critical to keep updated?

Thanks.

---

Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.201.1777.0)
Installation date: ‎7/‎14/‎2015 4:19 PM
Installation status: Canceled
Error details: Code 8024000B
Update type: Important
Install this update to revise the definition files that are used to detect viruses, spyware, and other potentially unwanted software. Once you have installed this item, it cannot be removed.
More information:
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/about/overview.mspx
Help and Support:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=52661

A:Important Update says it was cancelled, how do I download it?

Hi windows8newb Even if avast! is your Antivirus, you can also use Windows Defender to scan your system, so it would be a good idea to keep it's definitions updated. Follow the instructions below please.System File Checker (SFC)Follow the instructions below to run a SFC scan on your system and to provide the CBS log in your next reply;On Windows Vista & 7, click on the Windows Start Menu, then enter cmd in the search box, right-click on the cmd icon and select Run as AdministratorOn Windows 8, drag your cursor in the bottom-left corner, and right-click on the metro menu preview, then select Command Prompt (Admin);On Windows 8.1, right click on the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner and select Command Prompt (Admin);Enter the command below and press on Enter;sfc /scannowNote: There's a space between "sfc" and "/scannow";Once the scan is complete, enter the command below and press on Entercopy %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log "%userprofile%\Desktop\cbs.txt"A file called cbs.txt will have appeared on your Desktop. Upload the file on Dropbox, Google Drive or OneDrive and post the download URL for it here;Note: Please note that the CBS.log is volatile, which means that if you don't upload it after the SFC scan is completed, it won't contains the information from the scan anymore. So archive it and upload it as soon as you can.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584857/important-update-says-it-was-cancelled-how-do-i-download-it/
Relevancy 71.38%

A while back I downloaded a hotfix recomended by my computer to fix an issue with corel paint. Since then Vista wont allow me to run an important update which sayes it is available but then sayes update failed. The update is Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB959209) x86Download size: 1.4 MBYou may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.Update type: ImportantThis update is applicable to Windows Vista Service Pack 2 and Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2. The Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update provides compatibility roll-up updates for customer reported issues found after the release of Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1. This update is provided to you and licensed under the Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 License Terms.More information: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=133330Help and Support: http://support.microsoft.comAny ideas how to fix it?

A:vista wont download and important update

In order to fix this failed update, we must first clean up your .NET framework installation. Download and run this file. It will remove the .NET framework from your computer so that we can reinstall it later (and solve the non-installing update). My sister's laptop did the same, as well as our home desktop (failed update). But don't worry, it is very easy to fix.After running this cleanup tool, it will ask you to reboot. Please do so.Next, download and install this file. This will reinstall the .NET framework onto your computer.After another reboot, download and install this file. This will update the .NET framework to what it should be (what the automatic update was failing to do).Now, check Windows Update again, and see if anything shows up.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/305316/vista-wont-download-and-important-update/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello After viewing some great tech support on your forum today that looked like a similar problems I am having I decided to join the site in hopes of getting the same help I went ahead and made a log log and info files via that bat file mentioned in someone elses topic but I Windows instead, programs... can't software, download/install updates shows google search any spyware,malware update can't also read that I m not suppose to post any of that until asked Sooo I ll wait Problems Well Avast seems to have more more traces off the viruses I mentioned in the description however I am still unable to update any malware spyware protection software in order to run it on this laptop moreover I am unable to get to the windows update page to try to update the computer the owner of this laptop said they received an update from windows about a month ago When I click on the windows update from my programs files I get directed to google search instead Before running the Windows updates shows google search instead, can't update any spyware,malware software, can't download/install programs... avast avg was installed before but stopped responding I would get directed to a depression website when trying to type in microsoft com Pleaaaaaaaaaaassseee send help I m on windows xp home edition service pack Thank you

A:Windows updates shows google search instead, can't update any spyware,malware software, can't download/install programs...

As no logs have been posted, I am shifting this topic from the specialized HiJack This forum to the Am I Infected forum.==>PLEASE DO NOT NOW POST LOGS<== unless a log is specifically requested.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/238168/windows-updates-shows-google-search-instead-cant-update-any-spywaremalware-software-cant-downloadinstall-programs-from-microsoft-website-moved/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have HP G notebook with windows home premium which is ON AUTOMATIC and for some reason HP manager states everything is OK however since Jul I can't get IMPORTANT WINDOWS UPDATES nbsp and from Aug there is also FAILURE TO OBTAIN IMPORTANT UPDATES FROM MICROSOFT OFFICE I am getting a lot of errors as shown in the photos attached Prior to this I noticed the SEARCH for updates was taking ages and there were fails and 64bit Windows microsoft... windows 7 important to get intermitent failures which turned succesful with new attempts to charge the updates but now I can't get any updates I have the latest version of NORTON ANTIVIRUS Please I need your help SHOULD I RESTORE TO AN EARLIER DATE OR WHAT DO I DO I am desperate The icon for the windows is now disappeared which is a relief as my notebook was incompatible HP does not create points to restore in the past for too long If i need to do that I need to hurry up because it is going to become very soon a month since Windows 7 64bit fails to get important windows and microsoft... I do not get any updates Windows 7 64bit fails to get important windows and microsoft... I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE I CAN DO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Windows-7-64bit-fails-to-get-important-windows-and-microsoft/td-p/5721284
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello All Please excuse my lack of Computing terminology when download shows not display - Windows 10 starting download downloading writing this - I am a complete novice Windows 10 download display shows starting download - not downloading in the use of a Computer having been entirely self taught on just the basics I clicked onto the Get Windows button on the Windows upgrade onscreen display the display that has the Time counting down to the expiry of the free Windows upgrade offer - a different onscreen display box appeared with the message Starting download Once download is complete you can start the upgrade or schedule it Windows 10 download display shows starting download - not downloading for later An Hour later there was no download amount that I would associate with the Windows upgrade download My download amount in that period was just MB which I associate with my looking at Emails and a small update on my AVG Anti Virus Software I waited about another Hour before posting this as I had something else to attend to - now as I am about to submit this message the Windows Download was supposed to start downloading almost Hours ago - still no indication of a large download beginning I have a Download Meter on my Computer which I know to be really accurate but even if it was not I was expecting a Massive download when upgrading to Windows I am guessing that I will be advised to Close the Windows download onscreen display box and try clicking onto Get Windows again but I wanted to check whether there might be a fairly long Pre-download process that is carried out prior to the actual download commencing and I did not want to mess up the Start process Any advice on this I would really appreciate any help Regards Chris

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/57128-windows-10-download-display-shows-starting-download-not-downloading.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I do not know how many times I have tried to download the update that keeps coming up after a while of each time. The HP Update will pop up, scan for updates that are needed and the LightScribe System Update Software will come up, which I knew it would. However, everytime I try to download it, it comes back as failed. Not exactly sure why it fails? Any suggestions?

Why does this update keep failing? Is this update really needed, and if it isn't why do I not have the option to skip this update or just ignore or it whatever?

Thanks in advance for any help.

A:LightScribe System Update Software fails download?

BUMP

Anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lightscribe-system-update-software-fails-download.961147/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello, i was given a Sager NP2096 and i fresh installed Win7 64bit HP, i entered key and activated. However windows update is not working after 4 fresh install attempts. I tried upgrading to Windows 10 but after downloading and verifying Win 10 was stuck in update mode same as Windows Update.

Seems most of the this notebooks drivers are from as far back as 2008 so i assume I need some windows updates. The fresh install does have service back 1.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/395038-most-important-windows-updates-you-should-download.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello

I'm getting the following error/issues with my PC. Any immediate help would be greatly appreciated.
fyi ... I have attached the "minitools" output and mini "dmp". Thanks

1) All my windows - update fails (Config: xp Professional with Service Pack 3)

It says: A problem on your computer is preventing updates from being downloaded or installed

2) System restore fails,
It says : System Restore is not able to protect your computer. Please restart your computer

3) Takes directly to ===> Windows/System32/DRVSTORE in blue while system reboot

A:All windows update fails system restore fails, DRVSTORE in blue while reboot

Welcome aboard Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.====================================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt=============================================================================Download aswMBR to your desktop.Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it.If you see this question: Would you like to download latest Avast! virus definitions?" say "Yes".Click the "Scan" button to start scan.On completion of the scan click "Save log", save it to your desktop and post in your next reply.NOTE. aswMBR will create MBR.dat file on your desktop. This is a copy of your MBR. Do NOT delete it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/473647/all-windows-update-fails-system-restore-fails-drvstore-in-blue-while-reboot/
Relevancy 63.64%

Windows Vista SP1 (KB936330) update keeps coming back as important update after installing it several times. I look at updates history and it show the same update already installed several times. Service Pack 1 (KB936330). I don't see update for Service
Pack 2 though. Can someone advice please, I am not sure what to do. I'd appreciate an advice. Thank you

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/13040f9f-69e6-472f-82c0-6a04955a1674/windows-vista-sp1-kb936330-update-keeps-coming-back-as-important-update-after-installing-it?forum=itprovistasp
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi I'm looking at a window Sony PC that has not been able to get an update for almost a year now Updates available - and they fail within seconds with an errorcode C Looking into this error I ran the SFC scannow and it failed unable to repair files I then looked that up and talked on chat to MS and was suggested to run DISM Online Cleanup-Image RestoreHealth which also failed with Error not fails and DISM - working fails Windows update SFC x f The source files could not be downloaded Use the source option to specify the location of the files that are required t o restore the feature For more information on specifying a source location see http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId So i looked that up and found this article http www thewindowsclub com repair-corrupt-windows-image-error- x f which I have also ran the CMD commands and the re-ran DISM again which resulted in the same error any suggestions please I have attached the SFC scannow log for just SR and the DISM log

A:Windows update not working - SFC fails and DISM fails

Edit:

Please run chkdsk /r, or chkdsk /f if you are using a SSD.

To run chkdsk /r in Windows 8/8.1 you will need to open the Elevated Command Prompt.  The easiest way to do this is to press the Windows key and the X key.   A menu will open with the option Command Prompt (Admin), click on this.

You will see a window similar to the one below.

When the Elevated Command Prompt opens copy and paste chkdsk /f in the Command Prompt, if this is a SSD you do not want to run the /r switch, you will want to use chkdsk /f then press Enter.

You will receieve the message "CHKDSK cannot be run because it is in use by another process.  Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts?  <Y/N>".

Type in Y and press Enter.

This will take a while to run, please be patient and allow it to complete the scan.  Do not stop this scan as this can damage your operating system.

When the scan is finished please download and run ListChkdskResult.

This will open Notepad with the results of the chkdsk scan.  Please copy and then paste this log in your topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/592416/windows-update-not-working-sfc-fails-and-dism-fails/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi,
I'm looking at a window 8.1 Sony PC , that has not been able to get an update for a year almost
140 Updates available - and they fail within 30seconds with an errorcode
800700C1

Looking into this Error I ran the SFC \scannow and it failed unable to repair files

I have attached the CBS (SR) log here

Any Advice welcom

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/windows-update-fails-code-800700c1-sfc-fails-also-1050082.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello all

When executing Windows Update, I experienced that one important update is not automatically selected to download and install.

I like to understand why this is?

Also I like to understand if I should always install all important updates, even the ones not by default selected?

In this example, the not selected update refers to MS09-054 security update. Is this a manual installed security update?
Does it not apply to me?

Thanks a lot in advance!

zx81

A:Windows Update, important update not selected

Not all users experience the issue that this update resolves. MS is providing you the oportunity to use the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" logic.

I applied the update even though I have no evidence that I need it. Yet.

Some updates will adversely affect some users. Not applying updates may adversely affect you.

What can you do? My advice - apply all updates. Unless you have a good reason not to.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/35094-windows-update-important-update-not-selected.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello,
I'am downloading very important files but I'm afraid that my computer might switch off because windows update gave me a notice that the computer will switch off after an update and the maximum amount of time you can postpone the computer to switch off is 4 hours (That's what I done). I will not be able to use the computer for more than 4 hours.
So this is what I did>> I think I turned windows update off by choosing the option of 'Never check for update (not recommended).

Now the question is> Will my computer switch off within 4 hours after I leave it?
If it will, then how can I make it not switch off.

PLEASE NOTE: The download is NOT resumable.
EDIT: I'm using Windows 7.

Thank you for reading.

A:[IMPORTANT] Windows Update

In my experience if you are still using the computer at the end of that 4 hours it will give you another warning and you will be able to postpone it again for another 4 hours. Then repeat process until the download is done. I am not sure if turning updates off will have stopped the countdown.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/important-windows-update-503478.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Windows Update has often put my system in some interesting situations and I truly never want to update ever again I recently reinstalled my system and the last time I did updates my system prompted me to restart and was instead left hanging on the quot shutting down quot message for an important? Windows Update Is hour forcing me to shut it down improperly Truth is I don't use any Microsoft apps except Windows Explorer and I only browse sites that I know are generally safe Instead of using Internet Explorer I use Firefox with NoScript Ghostery WOT Adblock Plus and I've even updated the main plugins Java etc I also have Malwarebytes and Norton as well I've also never Is Windows Update important? understood the importance of Is Windows Update important? driver updates either my system seems to run the same with or without them I'm even beginning to think that updating is causing my system to work harder in the background rather than when it was in factory condition but is this true So many questions

A:Is Windows Update important?

You have some good anti-malware software and keep Java updated, yet you fail to see the significance of keeping the operating system updated........??????

Fact : your system is more secure and runs better if the OS is updated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/272922-windows-update-important.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello Yesterday my laptop had an update for me so I attempted to install it However when it was done I was told that the installation failed I restarted the computer and attempted to install it again but it still failed I looked into more detail on what I was installing which was Microsoft NET Framework KB and went to the site it was based on and attempted to install it from there When the setup came up however I recieved this message quot KB v does not apply or is blocked by another condition on your computer quot I'm not entirely sure what this means and since this keeps Windows 7 for Important failing Update is apparently an important update for my laptop I ask if there is a way I can solve the problem also it's Important Update for Windows 7 keeps failing getting irritating to have my laptop keep on reminding me to update something that Important Update for Windows 7 keeps failing fails to update Thank you P S I don't know if this helps but my laptop has Norton

A:Important Update for Windows 7 keeps failing

Norton may be blocking it, especially seeing this "KB2468871v2 does not apply, or is blocked by another condition on your computer."

Read this KB2468871 System Update Install Error&#33; &#40;error 643&#41; - Microsoft Answers

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/208499-important-update-windows-7-keeps-failing.html
Relevancy 60.2%

My PC has told me that there's an important Windows 7 update to install, but whenever I try, I'm told that the installation has failed.

Attached is the pop up I get with the details of the failure.

Any ideas how I can remedy the error? Thanks.

A:Can't install Important Windows Update

Hi try running sfc /scannow How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-install-important-windows-update-586406.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello Forum,

One of my Windows updates (one of nine) failed earlier, but when I opened up my Update window again to see if I could retry, it doesn't give you the option to do it (first time in five years with this computer it has happened - ALL my updates have been successful). It shows the failed update in the Update History, but does not give you the option to install it again. How can I try to install that update again even though I can't locate the option to do it? Thank you.

A:One Important Windows Update Failed

There is usually a download from Microsoft's website.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/300079-one-important-windows-update-failed.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi Win 8/64 bit ... how necessary is this update? i get notices but choose what i install - thanks in advance"
KB3095108 Updated APN database entry for Transatel (France, Worldwide) network for Windows 8.1 and Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/73473-windows-update-kb3095108-important.html
Relevancy 60.2%

When Windows 8.1 pro starts up a message saying Windows Update. Important updates are available Go to PC, it stays very briefly.

Checking Windows updates it says no updates so I checked for updates and it found none, I have Windows update to Install update automatically.

Has any one else had this message or know what the cause is?

Walter

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/69587-windows-update-important-updates-available-go-pc.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi guys,

I'm wondering why this security patch for a zero day flaw in IE 11 is not checked by default? Surely it should be.

A:KB2964358 Important update (but not that important)

Don't know why.
I usually manually check one or right click on one & hide it.
I hide all bing desktop updates.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/45596-kb2964358-important-update-but-not-important.html
Relevancy 60.2%

When I try to install KB3182373, a "Security Update for Microsoft Silverlight", Windows Update reports failure with the message "Code 643 Windows Update encountered an unknown error".
I ran WindowsUpdateDiagnostic.diagcab. It reported that "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem".
What can I do to fix this? I'm running Windows 7 Professional.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ab3e30fe-b420-45f1-b3b0-9fd7f93fbe5a/windows-update-fails-when-installing-kb3182373-code-643-windows-update-encountered-an-unknown?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,

I have a problem with updates that try to install every time PC restart.
They give me everytime error code 80070490 and if I try to press Try again then give me error code 8024AFFF.
I try to solve the problem with Microsoft FixIt, then update was installed succesfully, but after restart they try to install it again (everytime the same update) and give the same error.

I found some solution on the net that not work for me:
1. Windows Update error 80070490
2. Error code 0x80070490 when you use Windows Update or Microsoft Update to install updates
3. Code Error 80070490 checking for Windows Updates - Microsoft Community

I not use first option becouse I not have original DVD, I have a PC with preinstalled system Windows 7 Home Premium.

Anyone have any ideo how to solve this problem?

A:Windows Important Security Update Error

Since it's 18 hours since you posted this with no response, I'd say it may be because you didn't provide the info that this forum requires. Run the SURT program, the sfc scan, and post the logs that are requested in the instructions found here:
Windows Update Posting Instructions
Hopefully then you get a better response. I'm new here too and just learning the ropes, BTW.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/300059-windows-important-security-update-error.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi I'm new to this site, but am struggling with a windows update.  I have followed others' suggestions, and installed other Windows Updates from the same period one at a time, but this one always fails.  Someone suggested using malwarebytes and then trying again, but that didn't work either.  Anyone else found a solution to this problem?  

A:Windows Important Update KB2800095 will not instal

Maddylondon

What is your operating system, antivirus? What kind of error shows? 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/542389/windows-important-update-kb2800095-will-not-instal/
Relevancy 59.34%

DO NOT let windows update dl and instal drivers for hardware devices such as video cards, sound cards automatically. If it detects an update for a device, go download it from the manufacturers website directly, (nvidea users, nvidea has a nice little auto-detect feature on their site so you cant get the wrong driver). only let windows update dl and install updates for microsoft products only.

A:IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR WINDOWS 7 UPDATE USERS:

No problems here with NVIDIA, Realtek or IDT drivers installing via Windows Updates.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/important-notice-for-windows-7-update-users-566695.html
Relevancy 59.34%

My HD on my Toshiba Satellite M -S went bad so Windows showing update available No important updates I reinstalled a new one and used the Toshiba System recovery DVDs to restore my laptop back to the factory condition Windows Windows update showing No important updates available Home Premium bit Initially Windows Update showed important updates to which I was able to download and install without any problems But now Windows Update refuses to show any additional important updates IE SP Windows update showing No important updates available etc and states quot No important updates available quot I came across the following thread on Toshiba's forum but the recommendations there did not help either - After Restoring to New Hard Disk No Windows Updat - TOSHIBA FORUMS I tried the following Made sure the Windows install was genuine and activated Installed the Intel Rapid Storage Tech driver dated from toshibas website Installed Hot Fix as recommended on Toshiba's forum Ran the SURT Ran a SFC Scan no errors found I've uploaded a few screenshots as well as the CBS folder I had to split up files in the CBS folder across multiples ZIP files as it exceeded the file size for posting in the forum I'm at a total loss and have no clue on how to update my machine and any advice would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance

A:Windows update showing No important updates available

Please post the C:\Windows\windowsupdate.log file
I can see no problems in either the CBS or CheckSUR logs (haven't looked through the history yet, though)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/289297-windows-update-showing-no-important-updates-available.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Windows calls KB3193414 update important, but when I click for more details, it just takes me to a page that's an advertisement to buy Windows 10. [https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows] I don't want Windows 10 because I'm still using media center and one piece of hardware I don't want to buy again.

Does anyone know more about this update? When I check MSE, it says it's up to date.

A:Windows calls KB3193414 update important, but...

Can you take a screenshot of your windows update? That doesn't seem like a valid update number. Haven't seen that one on any of my systems. Google search doesn't bring up anything for me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/401125-windows-calls-kb3193414-update-important-but.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I don't use Skype. I uninstalled it. Windows Update keeps sending updates and marking them as 'important.' If I run the update I find I need to uninstall the program again.

I'd like reassurance that I can safely ignore these updates.

It makes sense to me, but software has gotten complex enough that I want to be sure that this update only updates Skype for Windows and that failure to implement it does not leave a gaping hole in Windows 7.

thanks

baumgrenze

A:Skype For Windows - Program Not Installed - Important Update?

If you change windows update settings as shown below then in theory you will not be offered skype. If you prevoiusly had skype installed and are still offered updates then I guess that skype wasn't fully removed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/402722-skype-windows-program-not-installed-important-update.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Im not able to find any windows important windows updates it gives me this code 0x80190194 and system cannot determine vulome of drive just before the welcome screen for my password please help.

A:Windows Update not able to find important updates 0x80190194

Are you saying that you are unable to actually load Windows to your profile?
What happens if you attempt to boot to either Safe Mode, or Last Known Good Configuration?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/337502-windows-update-not-able-find-important-updates-0x80190194.html
Relevancy 58.48%

also, other programs fail accessing micro sd cards. using Malwarebytes pro. I'm running Win7 Pro on an Asus 64 bit machine.

A:unable to update anti-malware realtime scanner, windows update fails

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/617247 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new FRST log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download FRST by Farbar from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.FRST Download LinkWhen you go to the above page, there will be 32-bit and 64-bit downloads available. Please click on the appropriate one for your version of Windows. If you are unsure as to whether your Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit, please see this tutorial.Double click on the FRST icon and allow it to run. Agree to the usage agreement and FRST will open. Do not make any changes and click on the Scan button. Notepad will open with the results. Post the new logs as explained in the prep guide. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/617247/unable-to-update-anti-malware-realtime-scanner-windows-update-fails/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello,

I recieve error C80003FA whenever I do a Windows Update run. It doesn't get past the stage of checking for updates.

I've tried several fixes including:
- Waiting 15 minutes and running Windows Update again.
- Letting Windows Update run on its own schedule.
- SFC /Scannow
- Renaming the Catroot2 Folder.
- Running 3 different Fixit tools.
- Clean windows install.

After each and every one of those fixes I've tried windows update and I still get error C80003FA.

SFC Scannow has previously said no errors, but the last run through it said there were unfixable errors. I've got the log, though for brevity's sake I will keep it until someone asks for it.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

A:Windows Update fails in Update Check. Error code C80003FA.

Clean windows install doesn't fix it? You must be blocked, maybe your firewall???

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/251423-windows-update-fails-update-check-error-code-c80003fa.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hey guys,

Tonight i built and set up the aforementioned Nuc pc and installed windows 7. However some of the drivers arent installing like the integrated hd 5500 graphics driver and the engine management one. These 2 pop up in my windows update as "important updates" but i get failed messages when i try and install them.

Thank you,

A:Intel NUC5i3RYH, Windows 7 Update not installing important updates

I regard Windows Update as a last resort for installing drivers, and suggest installing the drivers supplied by Intel for the board:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/83257/Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC5i3RYH

If you have had driver installs fail, it may be necessary to boot into Safe Mode and delete failed installations from Device Manager and install again if you continue to have installs fail.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/622423/intel-nuc5i3ryh-windows-7-update-not-installing-important-updates/
Relevancy 58.05%

My Windows Update has been failing to update for error 800F081F Windows to fails update, code Update a while now and I can't seem to find the solution Here's the run-down of what happens step by step Launch an update scan for Windows Update It scans for a few seconds then says Quote Install new Windows Update software To check for updates you must first install an update for Windows Update Once I click Windows Update fails to update, error code 800F081F Install it begins to quot Install and Update quot but then immediately returns to quot Checking for Updates quot The next box I see says Quote Windows could not search for new updates An error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer Error s found Code F F This happens every time I've attempted to update After looking up the error code I found the main Windows site that gave me the following explaination If you receive Windows Update error F F it means that Windows Update or Microsoft Update cannot determine the cryptographic service provider or a file Windows Update requires named catalog store is corrupted I've looked through multiple Windows forums and How-To's and have tried all the fixes I found SURT sfc scannow the standalone download for WU Windows Update Diagnostic multiple malware scans and Microsoft Fixit Ultimately I always get the same error code F F I should also say this problem has been here for a few months now and it's becoming more worrisome as more time passes The longer I wait to get this fixed the more I fear I will be hurting my computer Any and all help is greatly appreciated and I will do my best to cooperate with any instructions or requests Thank you Mookey

A:Windows Update fails to update, error code 800F081F

Hi Mookeylee & welcome to Sevenforums.

Please follow Windows Update Posting Instructions

We need to see the logs to determine the cause of the error.

Worst case scenario, and last resort, repair install windows 7. No big deal I just did 2 yesterday win7x64 Home Premium. Brink posted a great tutorial Repair Install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/384786-windows-update-fails-update-error-code-800f081f.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello In the online help for Windows Powershell you may find the following Windows PowerShell does not come with help Do for Help I Cmdlet PowerShell Files Windows Update-Help How the 3.0? Fails Update files To download and install the help files that Get-Help reads use the Update-Help cmdlet You can use the Update-Help cmdlet to download and install help files for the core commands that come with Windows PowerShell nbsp and for any modules that you install You can also use it to update the help files so that the help on your computer is never outdated However running the Update-Help cmdlet in the elevated PoSh shell returns PS C Windows system gt Update-Help Update-Help The given key was not present in the dictionary At line char Update-Help CategoryInfo NotSpecified Update-Help KeyNotFoundException FullyQualifiedErrorId System Collections Generic KeyNotFoundException Microsoft PowerShell How Do I Update the Help Files for Windows PowerShell 3.0? Update-Help Cmdlet Fails Commands UpdateHelpCommand How do I download and update the offline help files for reading extended help right within the standard output Thank you Well this is the world we live in And these are the hands we're given

A:How Do I Update the Help Files for Windows PowerShell 3.0? Update-Help Cmdlet Fails

Hi, for those that get the same error, I discover that running the command
from the PowerShell ISE (both x86 or x64) fails whereas running the command into
Windows PowerShell directly works! on Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fffa20ff-4996-4892-93f6-a54d1ddacbe8/how-do-i-update-the-help-files-for-windows-powershell-30-updatehelp-cmdlet-fails?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 58.05%

My Surface Pro (1st generation) is running Windows 10 and I have it set to update Windows automatically. It's been doing that fine. Recently though I noticed that it always offers me 'Update and shut down' instead of just 'Shut down'. So I let it update. Next time I use the machine and come to shut it down, it makes me update again. And while it's updating, it certainly looks like it's trying to update rather than just shutting down.
According to my Windows Update history, the last successful update was on 15th September. But it's listing no update failures either, which is suspicious.
Anyone got any ideas?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441205-windows-update-fails-but-no-failures-reported-windows-update-history.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi, happy user of 7 Pro here, I've twice attempted to download an ISO of Win. 7 Pro from Microsoft as a backup in case I lose my restore partition in a drive failure, and both times the download ceases at 2.54 GB leaving me with a part file. Wondering what is going on here? Thanks for any clues.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/399819-windows-7-download-fails-complete.html
Relevancy 58.05%

today I am trying to download a video file in filefox it gets about half way then it stops and fails

the file i'm tring to download is on Rapidgator.net: Fast, safe and secure file hosting

A:Firefox download fails (Windows 10)

@carl fish
Something is going on with Firefox fish.
Today for the first time ever I had a Ccleaner crash, which in and of itself is strange so i trouble shoot for about 30 min uninstalling and cleaning up and reinstalling.
I tell it to not clean FF and the issue stops cold. I uninstall FF, cleanup and reinstall, same issue Ccleaner can not clean FF 48 (for me) so I uninstall the browser that I have
used since the beginning of time. And to tell you the truth today I tried to DL a youtube vid and it failed, so I don't know whats going on but FF is acting strange as of late.
Now I'm Chrome'n it for the foreseeable future. Man I don't like chrome Im having a bad day
I know it's not much help, but your not alone fish

https://malwaretips.com/threads/firefox-download-fails-windows-10.62354/
Relevancy 57.62%

I'm simply attempting to run update on my Windows 7 machine. Update will not run, downloading and running the SP1 update fails, downloading and running the Update Readiness Tool fails, trying to launch a troubleshooter fails. I ran sfc and have attached the log along with all the error codes screenshots. I have no idea how to proceed from here other than to drop this machine off at the nearest recycling center.

A:update fails, SP1 install fails, troubleshooter fails

Looks to me like you're having problems accessing the COMONENTS registry hive - although I would have thought that would also make a SFC scan fail.

I suspect I know what the problem is - let's see if a different tool can expose it...
I need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool
(download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
Once saved, run the tool.
Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.x

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/377980-update-fails-sp1-install-fails-troubleshooter-fails.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi when running windows update all the updates fail and give the error code 800706F7. I have retried 3 times all to the same result. i have searched for this error code and the only results i found was about removing a previous 2014 update but this was not on my computer. i have ran the System Update Readiness Tool which installed 1 update however i can still not download the other updates

A:windows update error code 800706F7 54 important updates failed

Tried again and am now also getting error codes 80246007 and 8007002

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/371496-windows-update-error-code-800706f7-54-important-updates-failed.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I've been having this same issue for over a year now and I can NOT find a solution. I registered today because I don't know what else to do.
I keep getting this notification "solve pc issues 1 important message Change windows update settings" almost daily. The message says it's a security thing and even though I check the box everytime, I still get that message.

A:solve pc issues 1 important message Change windows update settings

For that message to go away you must have Windows Update set to automatically download and install updates.
What WU setting do you have?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/343471-solve-pc-issues-1-important-message-change-windows-update-settings.html
Relevancy 57.62%

After installing Windows Home Premium Upgrade on Windows to 7 fails update Update when running updates a new seagate g hdd on a Toshiba L Laptop with bit that had Vista with latest SP on a gb hdd then installing the sp the windows updater will not download and install updates As it Windows 7 Update fails to update when running updates was I had to manually download the sp to a flash drive from my desktop and put it on the laptop Windows 7 Update fails to update when running updates No problems there but was hoping it would solve the Update problem but didn't I get the Windows 7 Update fails to update when running updates quot Fail quot error codes and F I have KB updates and not one of them will download and install Called MS help and for two days they had me try different things They even took control of the computer and couldn't figure it out I checked memory and did a chkdsk on the new HDD In desperation for trouble shooting I put the Vista HHD back in and ran updates with no problems at all then I reinstalled the G HHD I didn't have a BSOD at all But I downloaded and installed Microsoft Security Essentials and when I did that I would get the BSOD for what ever reason I had a hard time getting it uninstalled because as soon as you would start windows within a few seconds I would get the BSOD When I finally got the Security Essentials uninstalled the BSOD Went away Have no Idea what one had to do with the other I just want to get the updater to work Any Help Thanks

A:Windows 7 Update fails to update when running updates

AGB,

Quote:
After installing Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade on a new seagate 320 g hdd on a Toshiba L300 Laptop with 32 bit

What???

That makes zero sense.

one thing at a time.

Which computer do you want to install Win 7 on?

Do you have license?

One license = 1 machine.
1 machine = 1 license.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/240545-windows-7-update-fails-update-when-running-updates.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Simple question : - the computer refuse to update, when installing the updates it gives an error message and all the next updates fail to install. Is there a way to make the install process resume correctly. Since i'm not a computer geek, i would appreciate help on how to investigate and solve / correct this issue. I'm a bit concerned as this has blocked several updates which some are said to be important. The SP1 went fine, but then no updates has occured since oct.2008 Thanks in advance for your guidance Best regards

A:Windows update fails and block subsequent update

Hi calabrache,

You can see if Windows Update and Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) and Remote Procedure Call (RPC) in "Services" is disabled/stopped and re enable/start it again.

Start Menu-Control Panel-Administrative Tools-Services. Double click on BITS, and Windows Update to set them to Automatic/Delayed Start and Start them if they are stopped and make sure Remote Procedure Call is set to Automatic.

You can also try to reregister WU. Type cmd in the start menu search bar and right click on cmd. Click run as administrator. In the command prompt type: NET STOP WUASERV and press enter
type: REGSVR32 %WINDIR%\SYSTEM32\WUPS2.DLL and press enter
type: NET START WUASERV and press enter
Exit out of the cmd.

Restart your computer and see if it works.

Also you may want to do a malware scan with an Antivirus/Antispyware program to make sure you don't have any malicious software on your computer.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/206680-windows-update-fails-block-subsequent-update.html
Relevancy 57.19%

today I am trying to download a video file in filefox it gets about half way then it stops and fails

the file i'm tring to download is on Rapidgator.net: Fast, safe and secure file hosting

A:Video download fails with Firefox (Windows 10)

@carl fish
Something is going on with Firefox fish.
Today for the first time ever I had a Ccleaner crash, which in and of itself is strange so i trouble shoot for about 30 min uninstalling and cleaning up and reinstalling.
I tell it to not clean FF and the issue stops cold. I uninstall FF, cleanup and reinstall, same issue Ccleaner can not clean FF 48 (for me) so I uninstall the browser that I have
used since the beginning of time. And to tell you the truth today I tried to DL a youtube vid and it failed, so I don't know whats going on but FF is acting strange as of late.
Now I'm Chrome'n it for the foreseeable future. Man I don't like chrome Im having a bad day
I know it's not much help, but your not alone fish

https://malwaretips.com/threads/video-download-fails-with-firefox-windows-10.62354/
Relevancy 57.19%

Any attempt to download and install this tool results in " This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel."

I do not get this error with any other program I attempt to run, or download and install. I need to create a bootable usb drive or dvd to do a upgrade repair of my 7 installation. My original windows 7 DVD does not contain SP1. I have downloaded the SP1 iso and just need this too to work.

Thank you

A:Windows USB/DVD Download Tool fails to install

Did you follow up on this Link to check where exactly you missed one of the components of the Installation

Microsoft Store Online

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/235837-windows-usb-dvd-download-tool-fails-install.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Bought 39.00 download of Windows 8 Pro and Install fails at 20% - Help

I uninstalled incompatible software.

keeps failing at 20% during installation

A:Bought 39.00 download of Windows 8 Pro and Install fails at 20% - Help

Try redownloading from the email link.

Originally Posted by Your Windows Store email

If you need to download Windows, write down your new product key and enter it here.

Than make the ISO, & burn to DVD.

Try a upgrade install from the DVD:
http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...ndows-8-a.html
or
Try a clean install.
Clean Install - Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/10914-bought-39-00-download-windows-8-pro-install-fails-20-help.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I'M GETTING THIS MESSAGE WHEN I GO TO ONLY ONE WEBSITE....

An   issue prevented Internet Explorer from displaying the web page.    Click the button above to launch HP Network Check to automatically   diagnose and repair the issue.<o:p></o:p><u1:p></u1:p>
About HP Network Check

Can automatically detect, diagnose and repair   many common network issues

Integrated with Windows Network Diagnostics   Framework, so it runs both simultaneusly

Provides clear instructions to resolve issues   that cannot be fixed automatically

Shows key system and network information for   easier troubleshooting

WHEN I ALLOW DIAGNOSIS...NO ISSUE IS DETERMINED....INDICATES 'NO ISSUE FOUND WITH  CONNECTION.  HOW ONE OR TWO ISSUES WITH INTERNET WEBSITE (?)...
IT'S JUST AN EMPLOYMENT WEBSITE.....NOT COMPUTER SAAVY....NOT OFFENDED FOR A DUMBDOWN....THANK YOU

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0bfb3377-04d7-4bcb-a868-522eda8a4a40/previous-computer-crashdue-to-windows-updaterecovery-donenow-important-website?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 56.76%
A:windows vista sp1 will not download programs it shows them downloading and disappears

Quote:

Originally Posted by hh31276

any help

Do the downloads complete?

Have you looked in the Downloads folder?

Is this happening with all downloads or any particular download?

What browser are you running?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-sp1-will-not-download-programs-it-shows-them-downloading-and-disappears-340359.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi, I have recently installed Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. And got few updates and installed automatically. But then the updates got stuck at 99%. Its been stuck for 4 days straight. Currently its trying to download, "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. driver update for AMD Radeon HD 6450". But its STUCK at 99%.
And also I cant Download SkypeSetup.exe file. from any browser, IE, Firefox, Chrome. And The apps from the STORE are also stuck. Later I found out that I am having trouble downloading the EXE. files. They always get stuck at the end, or at the beginning, or sometimes never even attempt to download.

I hope to get a quick response.

Please Help.

With kind regards.
Thank you.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/45387-windows-10-updates-stuck-99-skypesetup-exe-fails-download.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Here's will 800B0100 not Code details: update. Important Error Update Vista another tricky one This important security update will not update It is only Kb Microsoft says it is caused by a virus problem I have Norton installed Norton say it is Vista Important Update will not update. Error details: Code 800B0100 not a Vista Important Update will not update. Error details: Code 800B0100 virus Microsoft say pay us to fix it I say I can't afford to pay that for something when I have no way of knowing exactly what the problem really is This has been going on since November All the other updates are installed immediately but not this one Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework SP on Windows Vista SP and Windows Server SP x KB Installation date PM Installation status Failed Error details Code B Update type Important A security issue has Vista Important Update will not update. Error details: Code 800B0100 been identified in a Microsoft software product that could affect your system You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft For a complete listing of the issues that are included in this update see the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article After you install this update you may have to restart your system More information MS - Description of the security update for the NET Framework Service Pack for Windows Vista Service Pack and Windows Server Service Pack October Just noticed this more recent one failed to update - Security Update for Windows Vista KB Installation date PM Installation status Failed Error details Code F Update type Important A security issue has been identified in a Microsoft software product that could affect your system You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft For a complete listing of the issues that are included in this update see the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article After you install this update you may have to restart your system More information MS - Description of the security update for USB drivers October Help and Support Microsoft Support Any ideas please

A:Vista Important Update will not update. Error details: Code 800B0100

That error is not caused by a virus, it is caused by a file corruption
The readiness tool can correct the problem in many situations
What is the System Update Readiness Tool? - Windows Help

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/303686-vista-important-update-will-not-update-error-details-code-800b0100.html
Relevancy 55.47%

be truthful to the public. I have been reading a lot about people ditching windows and going to Linux. I wonder why. wow I used to love and trust windows. now I don't know anymore. you all have become something other than wonderful like I used to think.
too bad. maybe I should learn Linux too. windows is probably a habit lots of people will learn to break. scary. Be honest about your updates. ty.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/adfd864d-cfe8-4d34-8f4e-166e72a3a04a/why-cant-i-uninstall-an-update-todays-update-is-making-my-computer-act-unruly-i-hate-that-if?forum=itprovistasecurity
Relevancy 55.04%

So earlier today everything was fine My computer was working normally nothing Vista - Help. system fails. Freezes update BIOS fails, reboot, restore on Explorer was acting up While unplugging my laptop from the wall I dropped it but nothing appeared to be wrong A little while later I restarted my computer Vista - Explorer Freezes on reboot, system restore fails, BIOS update fails. Help. and it worked fine for about a minute and then everything froze in windows explorer nothing would work folders wont open task manager never appears start menu wont come up nothing I booted into safe mode and everything works Vista - Explorer Freezes on reboot, system restore fails, BIOS update fails. Help. fine through there so I looked around online and one suggestion was to update my BIOS so I tried to update from Dells Inspiron A to the newer A BIOS version trying that in safe mode failed so I tried Vista - Explorer Freezes on reboot, system restore fails, BIOS update fails. Help. to boot normally and quickly do whatever it told me when I tried it wouldnt restart and still refuses too I have to shut it down manually outside of safe mode it said it couldnt update the BIOS version because it couldnt locate the image but I downloaded it directly from Dells own website So then I tried to do a system restore and I got the message The disk Vista c has errors Windows detected file system corruption on Vista c You must check the disk for errors before it can be restored So I clicked scan and fix and nothing happens this is back in safe mode by the way so I opened a command promp and typed sfc scannow and it scanned and found some errors but were unable to fix them Details are located in the CBS log So I opened the log and I found the following POQ ends - - Info CSI SR Verify complete - - Info CSI SR Verifying x e components - - Info CSI SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI a Repair results created POQ starts POQ ends - - Info CSI b SR Verify complete - - Info CSI c SR Repairing components - - Info CSI d SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI e Hashes for file member C Windows System browseui dll do not match actual file l quot browseui dll quot Found l b PAtv HiCpV lzg Iw yaTgptk ozvq foDm jez Uo Expected l b ZG aM oQH K XeeSL lqDhDOqTWly zzNtZYH sqr Q - - Info CSI f SR Repairing corrupted file ml l quot C Windows System quot l quot browseui dll quot from store - - Info CSI Hashes for file member C Windows Branding Basebrd basebrd dll do not match actual file l quot basebrd dll quot Found l b pkw dv djuXof YoFbRld kvPLJckKV KVFQSg oo Expected l b D xQtNG YqqXjVmwDIXe xPa J cKJE H vDbfoZvyA - - Info CSI SR Repairing corrupted file ml l quot C Windows Branding Basebrd quot l quot basebrd dll quot from store - - Info CSI Hashes for file member C Windows System imageres dll do not match actual file l quot imageres dll quot Found l b AbjeiKX eym UZl QNXhWIWAiaLL bA jiG Bmvu I Expected l b aRAlOqXf JlbGW In VGZI sVWAFUtefonXQMxqgA - - Info CSI SR Repairing corrupted file ml l quot C Windows System quot l quot imageres dll quot from store - - Info CSI Hashes for file member C Windows System shsvcs dll do not match actual file l quot shsvcs dll quot Found l b jKyHXSuYT fLsg aCIku lg Br eOMyjW ydIej J s Expected l b FkbvOAW a wSw pq hK pq ulB Gnb cskGES OpI - - Info CSI SR Repairing corrupted file ml l quot C Windows System quot l quot shsvcs dll quot from store - - Info CSI Hashes for file member C Windows System drivers secdrv sys do not match actual file l quot secdrv sys quot Found l b sKApvU slT cqTAew DRITy oGYMeVa EqJnj jh Expected l b yczppvG aK kddjL NGPBJWP D zACizdZ g HmVI - - Info CSI SR Repairing corrupted file ml l quot C Windows System drivers quot l quot secdrv sys quot from store - - Info CSI Hashes for file member C Windows System authui dll do not match actual file l quot authui dll quot Found l b WJejD r eV K UoFR S yWDr CN rBWqKYIPWuvzhk Expected l b D R zctkgpV kv YlB auf iTzTLlDfXl kXXiTA - - Info CS... Read more

A:Vista - Explorer Freezes on reboot, system restore fails, BIOS update fails. Help.

Hi, the first rule if you ever drop a laptop (and it appears OK) is to take the battery out, boot from the mains if all is OK turn off add battery and reboot. Now you may have damaged the MB and or the RAM seating or HDD cable connection as well as the monitor connect cable.. etc ...etc. You can see where this is heading to the shop would be my advice.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-explorer-freezes-on-reboot-system-restore-fails-bios-update-fails-help-358285.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Here is the Update:upset: to Fails Office to Load; Fails Re-directs; Microsoft Browser Anti-Virus list of the problems in order of which I noticed things going awry My Firefox browser will re-direct my google searches to a new Firefox window pop-up with quot google-analytics quot in its address bar but would never finish loading the new popped-up Browser Re-directs; Microsoft Office Fails to Load; Anti-Virus Fails to Update:upset: window Firefox would also re-direct and never finish loading my google searches by opening a new tab with a quot directdlr com quot in its address bar Microsoft Office applications don't open instead a quot DW exe quot and a quot DWWin exe quot replicates itself an infinite number of times in my processes maxing out my CPU My anti-virus applications Spyware Doctor Microsoft Security Essentials avast malwarebytes won't update and therefore won't run or scan Firefox also won't load various anti-virus sites such as this message board Other applications crash directly upon opening them VLC Media Player Solutions that I've tried Resetting my router I'd read somewhere online that doing this would solve the problem It did not Trying to restore from a restore point I opened System Restore but the restore points were all very recent and within the timeframe of infection Un-installing Microsoft Office and re-installing System won't let me un-install Here are my scan reports DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by dildon at on Fri Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT - Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS c Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials MsMpEng exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Research In Motion Auto Update RIMAutoUpdate exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Windows SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials msseces exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor BDT BDTUpdateService exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftlist exe C Windows TEMP Nbk exe C Users dildon AppData Roaming fd exe C Windows TEMP Nbl exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Virtualization Handler CVHSVC EXE C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Users dildon Desktop dds com C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Page uStart Page about blank uSearch Bar BHO AskBar BHO f d - - d - c -aa e ed - c program files askbardis bar bin askBar dll BHO PC Tools Browser Guard BHO a f d b- - ff -b - cce e - c program files spyware doctor bdt PCTBrowserDefender dll BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jr... Read more

A:Browser Re-directs; Microsoft Office Fails to Load; Anti-Virus Fails to Update:upset:

Hi

Please do the following:

Download Combofix from either of the links below, and save it to your desktop.

Link 1
Link 2

**Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT - Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link here
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.When finished, it will produce a report for you.
Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt for further review.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/browser-re-directs-microsoft-office-fails-to-load-anti-virus-fails-to-update-upset-487720.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Not long ago a week and a half or so I was playing Payday and my computer froze I turned off my computer to restart it and could not load load crashes times fails 9/10 to PC to and random fails update, my computer past a pre-loading windows black screen where the mouse was not showing I then tried booting my computer in various ways safe with and without PC fails to load 9/10 times and fails to update, random crashes networking etc and they worked however I believe one of my drivers failing to load was the reason for my Windows Normal startup to fail I eventually decided through I then looked at using the system restore point function in order to hope for some success The system restore function when I restored to a week ago two weeks ago did not seem too alleviate my issue much it did however allow me to load windows but almost immediately after using the machine for - minutes I would have a frozen screen again I then eventually decided to just factory reset the machine out of desperation the factory reset eventually happened successfully and I was able to load windows and login into my new user successfully as I learnt that I had to reinstall my graphical drivers I then attempted to put in various CD's in in order to install these drivers eventually when I figured out the order of CD's that I needed PC fails to load 9/10 times and fails to update, random crashes to install for my PC fails to load 9/10 times and fails to update, random crashes games to load properly I then resumed my activities on my pc such as gaming browsing etc Flash forward to the second factory reset this one happened due to a very similar freezing problem yet again and again I decided to turn off my computer in hope to simply reboot my machine however this time the computer seemingly failed to monitor and my monitors light would blink red-off-red-off every few seconds with no obvious on the screen every now and then my computer would successfully load and it would then crash in - minutes approx when I would be using my machine I again having exhausted my options attempting to update drivers and booting in various ways and hoping for a miracle decided to factory reset again My second factory reset was alot easier because I knew how to install the drivers whereas compared to the many failed attempts of the first factory reset all had been well up to the point that the same crashing problem as the reason for the second factory reset came up again desiring to play games with my friend that afternoon I tediously factory reset to the same method that I had been doing and installed my various games that I'd be playing and whatnot Fast forward to the issue at hand this time whenever I turn on my computer i continually face the problem of my machine randomly deciding to load its programs up on the monitor when It decides not to load my machines lights and fans seem to physically load my visual judgement and the screen remains black despite seeing the HDMI tag load on the upper left of the screen and the power buttons red light blinking again This is my first issue my computer has become very unreliable and sometimes takes up-wards to minutes to minutes to successfully start If I am rebooting the machine I have tried various methods of booting it up such as taking out the power leads for extended periods of time or somewhat rapid on off on's and an attempt or two at doing this with my machines restart button Sometimes the machine will load after any one of these options and even just a simple on button press the main issue with my ability to diagnose this issue is the somewhat random differences in the successes of my start ups As mentioned in my earlier paragraphs where I had a similar problem on one of the earlier boots this problem occurs on every boots sometimes boots It is very difficult to get the start up interface bios etc visually loading on the monitor My second issue is that I have some windows updates to complete due to having had to factory reset my ... Read more

A:PC fails to load 9/10 times and fails to update, random crashes

Have you tried Safe Mode?
EDIT: Reading failure. Try the below suggestion.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565979/pc-fails-to-load-910-times-and-fails-to-update-random-crashes/
Relevancy 55.04%

Has anyone ever had a problem where they cant download any of the patches from microsoft.com.. everytime i try to download a patch it gives me the following message.. "Server not found..Firefox can't find the server at download.microsoft.com".. i tried on internet explorer and i got the same message.. I was able to download it from a different computer so i know that it should be working.. i just recently reformatted the hard drive so i don't know if that had anything to do with it... Is there anything else i need to post to help you guys out in trying to help me??

Relevancy 55.04%

Last week I had to get my computer reformated and windows update seemed fine I have Windows XP Pro and it s just the bast few days I ve had problems My updater keeps alerting me to three files I need It Again. Installed - Says Shows Update Windows Up But installing Two are Update for Windows XP and one is a Security Update for Windows XP I Windows Update - Says It Installed But Shows Up Again. click install and it goes through the process and says all three are done and installed fine I get no errors or anything but then as soon as it goes away the yellow shield pops up again and says I have the same three items needing to be installed I ve tried updating at least three times now and each time it says it was successful only for it to pop up again I ve even written the KB numbers that are written after it down and it s the same thing each time I ve tried rebooting and then doing it but that hasn t done anything either I didn t have this problem with any of the previous updates and I m not sure what to do now -C

A:Windows Update - Says It Installed But Shows Up Again.

Hi Corvinus and Welcome to Bleeping Computer. Click Start/ All Programs/ select Windows Update. It will link you to the Windows update website and show updates needed.Select Update History in the left hand window of your screen on this site. This will show all updates, which ones failed and why.You are probably missing previous critical updates and may have to go back and get those updates, then the Windows XP SP2 will work properly. Follow the restart prompts in between each update as instructed until they are all done. It will take a while, but you'll be back in business and running soothly in no time.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/99076/windows-update-says-it-installed-but-shows-up-again/
Relevancy 55.04%

I am in the process of setting up a new laptop. With the help and advice from many members here I have successfully stopped WU from doing anything with W10. Thank you very much !

I noticed that it states I am set to receive updates for Windows only. How do I change it for other products as well? I am sure I'm missing something simple.

A:WU shows update for Windows only. How to change?

Would this be what you're looking for? Device Installation Settings Then follow Step #1 under Here's How:

A dialog box will open and offer a yes or no question if you want windows to d/l'd software and realistic icons for your devices, click on yes, then follow the remaining steps as to how you want windows to treat these updates; Whether to allow an automatic install or allow you to choose.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/384080-wu-shows-update-windows-only-how-change.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack Dell Inspiron Back around February th I noticed that my Windows Update stopped being able to connect and download updates it fails with error code I've read through many help guides from Microsoft most of which suggest to stop the windows update service then remove files from the SoftwareDistrubution folder None of these suggestions help me I also cannot seem to run the Windows Fixit programs because something called Powershell fails to install Whenever I restart my OS I get the quot Configuring Updates of quot message it stays at but my computer still starts anyway It has done this for months which is odd and a tad bit annoying I'm starting to suspect that my FAILS Update Windows lack of updates is also interfering with the process of installing other non-related new programs which is beginning to get on my nerves Can anyone here help or offer suggestions to fix this Windows Update FAILS I'm hoping for a possible fix without having to re-install another version of Windows

A:Windows Update FAILS

If there's anything else I should include with this for more information, please feel free to inform me and I'll get on it. I haven't been to this forum in a while.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/334439/windows-update-fails/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello all,

I've reinstalled an HP Probook 4540s with Windows 8 Pro in German. After a few Windows Updates runs, it now fails (most of the time) when running Windows Updates. Installations are ok, but after a reboot Windows says they failed and have to be reverted. I've tried numerous fixes on Windows Update and run most of the anti-virus, rootkit scanners and removals, but alas to no avail.

I have no problem running these scans all over again or try these fixes. Please let me know what you want me to do exactly and I'll reply as soon as possible.

Also, Windows keeps asking me to register it, but I can't as there is no option available to do this over the internet even though I'm connected to the internet.

Thanks for reading this and hopefully you can help me a little further!

Cheers,
 Michiel

A:Windows Update fails over and over again

I'll try to provide with as much information as I can to what I've done already. But as the computer is currently reverting one last update and rebooting now and again, I don't have access to it.

Installed some Windows Updates
From the 150 updates or so available I've managed to install about half.

Malware scans
I've run these scans:
- TDSS killer by Kaspersky
- FRST64.exe
- Malware Bytes
- AdwCleaner
- rkiller
- GMER
- aswMBR

Possible fixes
I've tried these fixes:
- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968003
- Windows Update Troubleshooter (funny: it says it resolved three issues (can't remember what) and the next time  it fixes them again)

Environment
- The user account is administrator. Even tried a new user with admin privileges (with the same results).
- Anti-virus program: Windows Defender

Software installed
- LibreOffice
- VLC
- Chrome
- TeamViewer 9
- CyberLink
- HP Support software
- HP printer/scanner driver

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559156/windows-update-fails-over-and-over-again/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,

Windows Update is failing. It takes a long time to open then says "find out more about free software from (null)" as in the screenshot:

http://radianceseeker.dreamhosters.com/windows-update-failure.20150414.png

Clicking "Check for updates" after that gives the message "Windows Update cannot currently check for updates, because the service is not running. You may need to restart your computer." As far as I can tell, the service is actually running, and in the services list it's shown as Started and configured as Startup type: automatic (delayed start).

I don't know what the problem is. On the chance that it's malware-related, I'm running a scan following the instructions here and will post FRST result below. Thanks for taking a look, I appreciate it very much.

A:Windows update fails

Here comes FRST.txt. It's very long; it looks like it'll take about 20 posts if limited to 50000 chars per post.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-update-fails.211630/
Relevancy 54.61%

Windows Update prompted me to download SP2 4 days ago. I selected "Download", but nothing ever happened. I have remained logged in since that time, and have a cable broadband connection. I am up-to-date on Windows updates up to SP2.

I am using Firefox as my default browser. Is that what caused the problem?

Where can I see a log of what happened? Is there something I can delete that will reset the process?

Note - I am going to SP2 this early because we need a web application that required IE (and wanted to pickup the new security updates).

Thanks for your help.

John

A:Windows Update fails

Hi MrJohn and Welcome to the forum!

Someone, who can answer your question, will be along to help you, but I am following your topic as I am also using firefox and as yet, have not been prompted for the download for SP2. Am interested to see what your solution will be...

Hang in there as it sometimes takes a while for an answer (lots of people with problems, and very busy moderators!), but good luck to you.

Take care and peace

Carolyn

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-fails.265479/
Relevancy 54.61%

Running Win 8.1 single language 64bit. I just noticed that several recent windows updates failed. I tried them individually and it instantly returns the message update failed, error code 80080008.
Perhaps my connection does not allow them ??, I am behind a company firewall on a Ship in the Arctic. I don't get any pop ups about allowing or disallowing downloads. I tried auto install and manual install.
My computer is Asus 750JX.
The failed updates are:
KB2966804,KB2965699, KB2964736,KB2964718,KB2957189,2939576 and KB2957689.
I tried the update checker tool from Ms but that did not fix the problem. I have two more weeks here before I return to dry land and a fast home connection.

regards
Freddie

Try the Windows Update Troubleshooter, from here: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/windo...from-microsoft-fixes-windows-updates-problems

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-fails.1127944/
Relevancy 54.61%

After following every Update Fails Windows possible solution found on the Internet my Windows Update keeps failing with error code x The problem started after I installed Norton suite I also had a virus that Windows Update Fails has since been cleaned up But Windows Update kept failing I have uninstalled Norton and all third party utilities that may be conflicting I noticed that a registry key quot remove legacy eectrl quot referring to Symantec appears several times in the registry but it doesn't allow me to delete it Thanks DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Ben White at on Thu Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Anti-Virus - SBC Yahoo Online Protection On-access scanning disabled Updated CFD EA- CF- B -A B-BD A C Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe C PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exe svchost exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Temp HiJackThis exe C Temp dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Page hxxp websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id uSearch Bar hxxp websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp search yahoo com search p searchTerms amp ei utf- amp fr b ie uStart Page hxxp www google com mDefault Search URL hxxp red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults su sbcydsl http www yahoo com mSearch Page mSearch Bar hxxp websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore uInternet Settings ProxyOverride mWinlogon Shell Explorer exe BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO D A - CA - B-BB - D EFB A - No File BHO Viewpoint Toolbar BHO a c -b - edb- - d c ec - c program files viewpoint viewpoint toolbar ViewBarBHO dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB Viewpoint Toolbar f ad aa -d - - daf- d b - c program files common files viewpoint toolbar runtime IEViewBar dll TB Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - TB CBE -C B- F- BC- CBB E D - No File EB BBE - E - D -AD - D AD - No File EB Real com fe fa -d c- d - fa- c f afe - c windows system Shdocvw dll EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun MSMSGS quot c program files messenger msmsgs exe quot background uRun H PC Connection Agent quot c program files microsoft activesync wcescomm exe quot mRun BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exe mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun UpdateManager quot c program files common files sonic update manager sgtray exe quot r mRun TkBellExe quot c program files common files real update ob realsched exe quot -osboot mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files java jre bin jusched exe quot mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime qttask exe quot -atboottime mRun PCMService quot c program files dell media experience PCMService exe quot mRun iTunesHelper c program files itunes iTunesHelper exe mRun IgfxTray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun HotKeysCmds c windows system hkcmd exe IE e... Read more

A:Windows Update Fails

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/242273/windows-update-fails/
Relevancy 54.61%

windows update fails on every attempt. any way to fix it?

A:windows update fails

This will show you how to reset Windows Update view update history, and how to reset and reregister Windows Update Components if you are having a problem updating with Windows Update.

Windows Update - Reset

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/136304-windows-update-fails.html
Relevancy 54.61%

hello all... Still working on my Sons 'puter and ran into this. When I attempt to run windows update to install optional software, here is what happens. any and all the available updates show "Download size: 0 KB , 0 minutes (Downloaded; ready to install)". Followed by an icon that pops up a note as follows:

"This update has already been downloaded to your computer but if you select it, it will finish the installing (recommended)"

It doesn't happen that way. Upon completion of the install process it says "Updates were unable to be successfully installed"

I have searched the HD for the files by title and Knowledge base numbers and came up with zero. I've gone thru the Windows folder manually and still nada.

Looked in the MS newsgroups and found similar posts but none I found indicated the updates had been previously downloaded.

Any thoughts or (he said hopefully) fixes.

Raybro

Got something for you to try. First turn off auto updates service. Right click my computer > manage. Click on services. Right click on Automatic updates >stop. Now, open up my computer, navigate to C:\windows\software distribution. Rename the software distribution to software distribution.old Go back and restart the auto update service. Go out to windowsupdate and see if this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-fails.439588/
Relevancy 54.61%

I recently re-installed windows 8 regular on my ASUS X450LC laptop using the recovery media. I tried to upgrade to 8.1. It wont let me install 8.1 unless I do windows update. After running windows update, it says there are 100+ updates and takes close to 2 hours to download and update. At 98% it gives an error saying it is reverting updates, but then sticks there for hours on end, (the longest I waited was 4 hours then i re-installed with the recovery usb). Rebooting solves nothing and it sticks again. Is there a way to use my ASUS embedded windows 8 license to install 8.1 straight without going through 100+ pointless updates?

In one of the more head-scratching moves, Microsoft never made an 8.1 ISO image or any other kind of download like they did with service packs before. So you're stuck going through all the updates needed for 8.1 to install.

Microsoft has a couple of tools you can run that may fix the problem. It's at least worth a shot before taking more drastic measures. Troubleshoot problems with installing updates - Windows Help That link covers Windows Update in a generic sense for 8/8.1.

If that doesn't solve it, I'd run memtest86+ overnight on the unit, because you may well have some bad RAM. The Windows memory test is useless, so don't trust that.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/54867-windows-update-fails.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi Windows Update fails with the error below I have tried the commands below without success Regards Michael net stop Windows Update fails wuauserv reg Delete HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion WindowsUpdate v SusClientId f reg Delete HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion WindowsUpdate v SusClientIDValidation f rd WINDIR SoftwareDistribution net start wuauserv wuauclt exe resetauthorization detectnow - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp IdleTmr nbsp WU operation CAgentProtocolTalker SyncUpdates WithRecover started operation does use network is at background Windows Update fails priority - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp WS nbsp WARNING Nws Failure errorCode x d - - nbsp Windows Update fails nbsp nbsp nbsp WS nbsp WARNING The body of the received message contained a fault - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp WS nbsp WARNING Soap fault info - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp WS nbsp WARNING reason Fault occurred - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp WS nbsp WARNING code Client - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp WS nbsp WARNING detail lt detail gt lt ErrorCode gt InvalidParameters lt ErrorCode gt lt Message gt parameters OtherCachedUpdateIDs lt Message gt lt ID gt b ea-e ea- e -a d - ed cacc lt ID gt lt Method gt quot lt detail quot gt http www microsoft com SoftwareDistribution Server ClientWebService SyncUpdates quot lt Method gt lt detail gt - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp WS nbsp WARNING Soap fault detail errorCode 'InvalidParameters' message 'parameters OtherCachedUpdateIDs' id ' b ea-e ea- e -a d - ed cacc ' method ' quot http www microsoft com SoftwareDistribution Server ClientWebService SyncUpdates quot ' - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp WS nbsp FATAL OnCallFailure failed with hr X - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PT nbsp WARNING PTError x - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PT nbsp WARNING SyncUpdates WithRecovery failed x - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp IdleTmr nbsp WU operation CAgentProtocolTalker SyncUpdates WithRecover operation stopped does use network is at background priority - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PT nbsp nbsp SyncUpdates round trips - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PT nbsp WARNING Sync of Updates x - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PT nbsp WARNING SyncServerUpdatesInternal failed x - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Agent nbsp nbsp WARNING Failed to synchronize error x - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Agent nbsp nbsp WARNING Exit code x - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Agent nbsp - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Agent nbsp nbsp END nbsp nbsp Agent Finding updates CallerId AutomaticUpdatesWuApp nbsp Id - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Agent nbsp - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Agent nbsp WARNING WU client failed Searching for update with error x - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp IdleTmr nbsp WU operation CSearchCall Init ID operation stopped does use network is not at background priority - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp IdleTmr nbsp Decremented idle timer priority operation counter to - - nbsp nbsp nbsp c nbsp AU nbsp gt gt nbsp RESUMED nbsp AU Search for updates CallId C B BC- EA - C-BD D- D D AC ServiceId F -A - - - A D EFE D - - nbsp nbsp nbsp c nbsp AU nbsp nbsp WARNING Search callback failed result x - - nbsp nbsp nbsp c nbsp AU nbsp - - nbsp nbsp nbsp c nbsp AU nbsp nbsp END nbsp nbsp AU Search for updates nbsp CallId C B BC- EA - C-BD D- D D AC ServiceId F -A - - - A D EFE D - - nbsp nbsp nbsp c nbsp AU nbsp - - nbsp nbsp nbsp c nbsp AU nbsp All AU searches complete - - nbsp nbsp nbsp c nbsp AU nbsp nbsp WARNING Failed to find updates with error code - - nbsp nbsp nbsp c nbsp AU nbsp AU setting next detection timeout to - - - - nbsp nbsp nbsp c nbsp AU nbsp Adding timer - - nbsp nbsp nbsp c nbsp AU nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Timer DA -FE - - FF - B FD Expires - - not idle-only not network-only - - nbsp nbsp nbsp c nbsp AU nbsp nbsp Publishing WNF Per user update count event Count SID S- - - - - - - Service CAB D- B - B A-A C- D DBEE - - nbsp nbsp nbsp c nbsp AU nbsp nbsp Publishing WNF Per user update count event Count SID S- - - - - - - Service CAB D- B - B A-A C- D DBEE - - nbsp nbsp nbsp c nbsp AU nbsp Currently AUX is enabled - so not show any WU Upgrade notifications

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3cf0aeeb-d707-4a97-b7a7-887d4e95ac33/windows-update-fails?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi Windows Update fails with the error below I have tried the commands below without success Regards Michael net stop wuauserv reg Delete HKLM SOFTWARE Update Windows Fails Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion WindowsUpdate v SusClientId f reg Delete HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion WindowsUpdate v SusClientIDValidation f rd WINDIR SoftwareDistribution net start wuauserv wuauclt exe resetauthorization detectnow - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp IdleTmr nbsp WU operation CAgentProtocolTalker SyncUpdates WithRecover started operation does use network is at background priority - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp WS nbsp WARNING Nws Failure errorCode x d - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp WS nbsp WARNING The body of the received message contained a fault - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp WS nbsp WARNING Soap fault info - - nbsp Windows Update Fails nbsp nbsp nbsp WS nbsp WARNING Windows Update Fails reason Fault occurred - - Windows Update Fails nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp WS nbsp WARNING code Client - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp WS nbsp WARNING detail lt detail gt lt ErrorCode gt InvalidParameters lt ErrorCode gt lt Message gt parameters OtherCachedUpdateIDs lt Message gt lt ID gt b ea-e ea- e -a d - ed cacc lt ID gt lt Method gt quot lt detail quot gt http www microsoft com SoftwareDistribution Server ClientWebService SyncUpdates quot lt Method gt lt detail gt - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp WS nbsp WARNING Soap fault detail errorCode 'InvalidParameters' message 'parameters OtherCachedUpdateIDs' id ' b ea-e ea- e -a d - ed cacc ' method ' quot http www microsoft com SoftwareDistribution Server ClientWebService SyncUpdates quot ' - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp WS nbsp FATAL OnCallFailure failed with hr X - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PT nbsp WARNING PTError x - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PT nbsp WARNING SyncUpdates WithRecovery failed x - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp IdleTmr nbsp WU operation CAgentProtocolTalker SyncUpdates WithRecover operation stopped does use network is at background priority - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PT nbsp nbsp SyncUpdates round trips - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PT nbsp WARNING Sync of Updates x - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PT nbsp WARNING SyncServerUpdatesInternal failed x - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Agent nbsp nbsp WARNING Failed to synchronize error x - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Agent nbsp nbsp WARNING Exit code x - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Agent nbsp - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Agent nbsp nbsp END nbsp nbsp Agent Finding updates CallerId AutomaticUpdatesWuApp nbsp Id - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Agent nbsp - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Agent nbsp WARNING WU client failed Searching for update with error x - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp IdleTmr nbsp WU operation CSearchCall Init ID operation stopped does use network is not at background priority - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp IdleTmr nbsp Decremented idle timer priority operation counter to - - nbsp nbsp nbsp c nbsp AU nbsp gt gt nbsp RESUMED nbsp AU Search for updates CallId C B BC- EA - C-BD D- D D AC ServiceId F -A - - - A D EFE D - - nbsp nbsp nbsp c nbsp AU nbsp nbsp WARNING Search callback failed result x - - nbsp nbsp nbsp c nbsp AU nbsp - - nbsp nbsp nbsp c nbsp AU nbsp nbsp END nbsp nbsp AU Search for updates nbsp CallId C B BC- EA - C-BD D- D D AC ServiceId F -A - - - A D EFE D - - nbsp nbsp nbsp c nbsp AU nbsp - - nbsp nbsp nbsp c nbsp AU nbsp All AU searches complete - - nbsp nbsp nbsp c nbsp AU nbsp nbsp WARNING Failed to find updates with error code - - nbsp nbsp nbsp c nbsp AU nbsp AU setting next detection timeout to - - - - nbsp nbsp nbsp c nbsp AU nbsp Adding timer - - nbsp nbsp nbsp c nbsp AU nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Timer DA -FE - - FF - B FD Expires - - not idle-only not network-only - - nbsp nbsp nbsp c nbsp AU nbsp nbsp Publishing WNF Per user update count event Count SID S- - - - - - - Service CAB D- B - B A-A C- D DBEE - - nbsp nbsp nbsp c nbsp AU nbsp nbsp Publishing WNF Per user update count event Count SID S- - - - - - - Service CAB D- B - B A-A C- D DBEE - - nbsp nbsp nbsp c nbsp AU nbsp Currently AUX is enabled - so not show any WU Upgrade notifications

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/44de56cf-2934-4374-a4b5-6db5c566937d/windows-update-fails?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 54.61%

I get the message reepeatedly that the following update failed and it will retry later etc.

Hewlett-Packard - Enterprise WSD Multi-Function Printer, Multi-Function Printer, Other hardware - Null Print - HP ENVY 5660 series.

Any ideas?

A:windows update fails

If you're printer is working fine, I would advise you to right-click on that and choose Hide update. That way, you won't get nagged about it when you're going to do subsequent updates.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-fails.1153900/
Relevancy 54.61%

Windows Update prompted me to download SP2 4 days ago. I selected "Download", but nothing ever happened. I have remained logged in since that time, and have a cable broadband connection. I am up-to-date on Windows updates up to SP2.

I am using Firefox as my default browser. Is that what caused the problem?

Where can I see a log of what happened? Is there something I can delete that will reset the process?

Note - I am going to SP2 this early because we need a web application that required IE (and wanted to pickup the new security updates).

Thanks for your help.

John

A:Windows Update fails

Hi MrJohn and Welcome to the forum!

Someone, who can answer your question, will be along to help you, but I am following your topic as I am also using firefox and as yet, have not been prompted for the download for SP2. Am interested to see what your solution will be...

Hang in there as it sometimes takes a while for an answer (lots of people with problems, and very busy moderators!), but good luck to you.

Take care and peace

Carolyn

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-fails.265479/
Relevancy 54.61%

This PC is driving me nuts. Windows update fails everytime with error code (0x800A138F). I've unregistered the control dlls and reinstalled them numorous times. It just doesn't work...

Relevancy 54.61%

After being told there is an update to version 1607, I get a message indicating there is an issue and that I should press the "Fix Issue" button. This doesn't fix whatever the issue is, and I subsequently get a message to the effect "We couldn't update the system reserved partition." Is there something an unsophisticated user like myself could do to solve this problem without screwing up my computer? And if so, what?

A:Windows 10 Update fails

Right click on M$ cone (bottom right corner) click on Command Prompt (admin) and copy paste the following.
sfc /scannow

press enter.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/70080-windows-10-update-fails.html
Relevancy 54.61%

When I try to update my XP. It automatically fails

The following updates were not installed:

Update for Microsoft Silverlight (KB2495644)
Update for Windows XP (KB971029)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2479943)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2481109)
Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - March 2011 (KB890830)

Whats happening?

If you are using Windows Update...try it again.

Do you receive any error messages?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/384887/windows-update-fails/
Relevancy 54.61%

Attempt to update Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 fails. The download takes several hours reaching a maximum of 40%, when it pauses. Attempts to resumes download fails - and continues hanging for sometimes before it ultimately terminates. I have made very many attemps to download without success. My computer is Aspire One 725. By the way, I am informed that I have to update to Windows 8.1 before I upgrade to Windows 10. Is this true?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Windows-8-1-fails-to-update/td-p/434998/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 54.61%

Some time ago I had a failure of Net Framework to install such that Microsoft Security Essentials no longer worked. I was unable resolve this and just let it go.
Now, I have updates failing at shutdown and boot time that delay the start by a couple of minutes and it's getting old.
Does anyone have suggestions?
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8191 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 220, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 286165 MB, Free - 29004 MB; D: Total - 418992 MB, Free - 288407 MB; F: Total - 250003 MB, Free - 71284 MB; H: Total - 238472 MB, Free - 77638 MB; J: Total - 226933 MB, Free - 88900 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., CG5270, Rev X.0x, MT7095K06601156
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Disabled

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-fails.993793/
Relevancy 54.61%

this is probly related to my recent removal of a ton of malware from my system - all windows updates fail - they don't even begin to download - it just immediately gives 'failed' for every item...

A:every windows update fails!

Is there any error numbers sometimes on the top left or anywhere infact that you can see.

After the Failed message?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/every-windows-update-fails.458338/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello I just started having a problem when I returned from vacation the windows updates will not install and my anti-virus norton keeps turning itself off I ran hijackthis and I think there's something fishy Thanks here is the log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS Update fails Windows system Windows Update fails lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe Windows Update fails C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C Program Files Common Files Dell EUSW Support exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X hpoopm exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exe C WINDOWS system WDBtnMgr exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI EXE C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x WrtMon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x WrtProc exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIBNA EXE C Program Files Sony Corporation Picture Package Picture Package Menu SonyTray exe C Program Files Sony Corporation Picture Package Picture Package Applications Residence exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exe C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data EPSON EPW SSRP E S RP EXE C Program Files Dantz Retrospect retrorun exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C RECYCLER S- - - - - - - svchost exe C RECYCLER S- - - - - - - csrss exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Documents and Settings Jeff Parker Desktop HiJackThis v exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www mywinnipeg com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO Canon Easy Web Print Helper - F E- - E - AAF- BC A A BE - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint EWPBrowseLoader dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - AA ED B -F FD- - D - E F - no file O - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Toolband dll O - HKLM Run CTSysVol C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe O - HKLM Run DwlClient C Program Files Common Files Dell EUSW Support exe O - HKLM Run AsioReg REGSVR EXE S CTASIO DLL O - HKLM Run HPAIO PrintFolderMgr C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X hpoopm exe O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exe O - HKLM Run UserFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -u O - HKLM Run Ulead Quick-Drop quot C Program Files Ulead Systems Ulead DVD MovieFactory Disc Creator TBYB Ulead Quick-Drop Quick-Drop e... Read more

Relevancy 54.61%

Error Code 800B0100

Did a reset of windows update, no third party firewall, and ran the System Update Readiness tool as well, with no help. Any ideas?

Which Update?
Download will have a KB number like KB2345678.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/161890-windows-update-fails.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi all I've run into the same problem twice now regarding windows updates Basically what happens is it will run an automatic 8 Windows Fails Update update and Windows 8 Update Fails restart even though I had them disabled hell I even selected it not even LOOK for automatic updates yet it still automatically updated and restarted Main problem though is that once this update restarts it shows the Lenovo and windows loading screen but when it gets to the point where it should show the login screen it simply shows a flickering screen back and forth between black and blue forever and ever I went into the BIOS and messed with everything booted with legacy and couldn't find any solutions The first time this happened the only way I was able to fix the issue was to run Windows 8 Update Fails a system restore which took an image of my last boot where it could work properly kept my files but deleted all of my softwares I dealt with it reinstalled my software and selected disable automatic updates but it updated automatically anyway - - I let it go obviously not messing with it during an update and let it restart on its own only to run into the same problem a flickering screen between black and blue for ever and ever only THIS time I had image disabled so I could not do a system restore without loosing all of my files as well However I did a windows install on top of windows and transfered all of my old files onto the new windows install but obviously it's bound to happen again I did nothing wrong and windows 's quot install quot is a complete failure every time simply leading me to a neverending flickering screen and I have no idea what to do I tried installing but the BIOS prevents me I'm at a loss and extremely fed up with windows updates Thanks in advance to anyone who attempts to help

A:Windows 8 Update Fails

Restore it to factory settings.
You can save your files on usb before doing it.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/29940-windows-8-update-fails.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Each time I boot up my PC it tries (but fails) to install two updates; (1) Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3163207) with Error code 0x8007371b and (2) Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based systems with typically no error code. Other updates have successfully installed, but these two fail every time. When it fails it then undoes all changes and Restarts without updating. Sometimes the update gets to as much as 30% before it removes the changes and Restarts. I've run the built-in update troubleshooter which always finds and fixes(?) the problems but they keep coming back. I've run sfc /scannow which reports errors 'some of which it could not fix.' I have also run DISM .../checkhealth > no errors detected. I have followed numerous threads and used some of the info found but to no avail. Any assistance would sure be appreciated.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/53226-windows-10-fails-update.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi there,

I have a computer running windows xp pro with Service pack 3 that fails to install updates everytime.

It is this update:

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86
I have tried running a virus scan (Mcafee Security as a service several times as I have read that a virus could be the cause. I have also uninstalled all versions of the framework thinking that might solve it.

If anyone has any further ideas I would love to hear them.

Thanks

Brando

Relevancy 54.61%

I have a valid copy of Windows family pack I have used for a while Worked just fine until I recently had a HD failure replaced HD and cloned it and had to reload Windows from my valid Windows install disk I have a quot confirmed quot Genuine logo ~ Using fails 7 Help Windows update on my System page and have confirmed with Windows online that the product key is valid Issues Windows update will not work No update come in and updates errors out saying the service is not running when I check with the Windows Servcies Windows update IS running Windows homegroup networking will not Using Windows 7 update fails ~ Help work even though Windows quot sees quot the network it will not join the homegroup with my password Today Windows online validation is saying my Product ID has expired Why my System page says I have a valid copy with a Windows Logo Again I have a valid quot Family Pack quot used on Using Windows 7 update fails ~ Help only computers even though I could have a thrid I do not I reload from the valid install disk Thats when my problems statred I use Mcfee firewall Turning off the firewall seemed NOT to help either I have no idea what to do Asking if anyone has some help Thanks

A:Using Windows 7 update fails ~ Help

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

You may need to re-activate your Windows licence.

This tutorial explains how to use the automated telephone activation service.

Activate Windows 7 by Phone

This article may also be of help.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ation-problems

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/206207-using-windows-7-update-fails-help.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Whenever it gives me updates to install (other than Windows Defender updates) Windows Update will download and install the update and say the installation was successful. It then has me reboot. When I get back into Windows, it says the installation failed.

This has been the rule since I uninstalled the trial version of Office 2007 that came with my laptop.

I have attached my Windows Update log as a text file in a ZIP archive, as it was very large.

Thanks for any help.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/130086-windows-update-always-fails.html
Relevancy 54.61%

It got stuck at 15%. So I rebooted into Safe Mode, tried System Restore. It failed, so I tried System Recovery Options, that failed too. Then I rebooted it regularly and it tells me that, in fact, System Restore worked. Yay!

Now what do I do? (Besides backup my stuff.) Try to update Windows manually or do I need to do something before that? Please don't send me into the registry, I don't belong there.

Thanks in advance.
Ellen in NYC

Relevancy 54.61%

Hey all,

I use a acer aspire 7750G
windows 7 home premium 64 bit
intel core i7 2630QM
AMD radeon HD 6650M 1Gb

A week ago I had to install 8 updates, so I did ofcourse.
After the installation and the reboot the system told me to install 8 updates
I tried many times to install these 8 updates but non of the times it worked.
In this image you can see which ones they are (I am Belgian so it is in dutch)

What did I do wrong and what can I do to fix it?

A:Windows update: fails

Try this it may help. Please provide feedback on how it goes.
Windows Update - Reset
Also try running the attached tool.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/249128-windows-update-fails.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2158563)

Installation date: ‎10/‎1/‎2010 6:40 AM

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 800B0100

Update type: Important

This update fails to install (automatic or manual update) with error code 800B0100. I have tried several times. I have also installed the System Update Readiness Tool and it didn't correct the issue.

Syetem: Intel Core i7, Win7 Pro x64

I opened a support ticket with Microsoft but thought I'd check here also.

A:[SOLVED] update fails... and fails... and fails

Hi -

Windows Update error 800B0100 = TRUST_E_NOSIGNATURE = A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider.

There may be a root security check issue. Try re-registering Wintrust.dll -
START | type cmd.exe | RIGHT-click on cmd.exe | "Run as Administrator" | paste -

Code:

regsvr32 Wintrust.dll /s

Check Windows Updates again = www.update.microsoft.com

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...error-800B0100

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-update-fails-and-fails-and-fails-518566.html
Relevancy 54.18%

My printer shows as offline since the Win Anniversary update The HP Print and Scan doctor advised a nbsp download to correct problem which I update Windows my Anniversary as printer After shows the 10 ... did and I set up a new port as advised The problem persists when online but I can print a document placed on my desktop With the help of a Microsoft tech I have stopped Windows updates because I am on a monitored allowance Microsoft isn't smart enough to allow me to After the Windows 10 Anniversary update my printer shows as ... schedule their updates to my free period nbsp - - well they did for one day in September After the Windows 10 Anniversary update my printer shows as ... of and it worked well but they wiped out that ability with a nbsp cumulative update the following day The tech helped me unknown to Microsoft because his home computer is on a monitored allowance like mine Updates used to fail for two or three days before they were installed because they were large and made my access grind too nbsp slowly It is After the Windows 10 Anniversary update my printer shows as ... also useless to uncheck the box which says that Microsoft will download updates of their other programs when downloading Win updates - - - that doesn't work One update sneaked through so I disconnect power to the computer nbsp when I shut down nbsp I am seriously considering reverting back to Windows or buying a Mac computer

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/After-the-Windows-10-Anniversary-update-my-printer-shows-as/td-p/5835164
Relevancy 54.18%

Recently my computer would display msn's homepage when ever I go to Windows Update I found a couple trojans Windows shows Google's Update Homepage on my computer which have since been removed How ever now it displays Google's homage regardless of how I get to the page Type it in Windows Update shows Google's Homepage navigating the website using the icon in the start menu In addition I can not use Internet Explorer or download anything from Microsoft's website Not even MSRT sadly Internet Explorer immediately closes when I open it making it impossible to use I currently Windows Update shows Google's Homepage use Firefox I have checked my dns settings firewall etc and have seen nothing Windows Update shows Google's Homepage that can cause this problem I also can not download updates for many of my scanners mainly Ad Aware and Mcaffe are un-updatable the others will randomly update I believe I do have some serious security threat or major accidental setting change so any help is appreciated Hijackthis Log Below Note Not sure if I should post this here or if it is any help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COM WEBSER Apache exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfService exe C PROGRA COM WEBSER Apache exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C PROGRA COM I'MINT BIN rdesktop exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe c PROGRA mcafee com mps mscifapp exe C Program Files MemoryBoost MemoryBoost exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent McAgent exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe C Documents and Settings Owner Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files NETGEAR WG v wlancfg exe C PROGRA WIDCOMM BLUETO BTSTAC EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system calc exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www gateway com g startpage h ys DTP amp M T R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook V Myspace toolbar - ba- d- -bce - f fcc f be - C Program Files V Myspace tbV M dll O - BHO V Myspace toolbar - ba- d- -bce - f fcc f be - C Program Files V Myspace tbV M dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO McBrwHelper Class - B AA -DAF - -BD D- F BCB E - c program files mcafee com mps mcbrhlpr dll O - BHO McAfee PopupKiller - EC F-E - cae- B B-B C A - c program files mcafee com mps popupkiller dll O - BHO McAfee AntiPhishing Filter - D ED - CFF- - A - EBB AF - c program files mcafee spamkiller mcapfbho dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB... Read more

A:Windows Update shows Google's Homepage

Hello and Welcome.

HijackThis is no longer our choice for an initial analysis. It is insufficient for today's infections.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link I'll give you below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/windows-update-shows-googles-homepage-334130.html