Windows Support Forum

Windows Update two Codes error failed

Q: Windows Update two Codes error failed

I have Windows 7 with Internet Explorer 11 and I have done a Windows update with errors with Code 80200010 and Code 80246005 What are they to do with and what do I need to get to install successfully?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows Update two Codes error failed

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows Update two Codes error failed

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data

If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

Please also post the C:\Windows\windowsudpate.log file

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/369871-windows-update-two-codes-error-failed.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello everyone First I'm new in here and not Failed with more) to error KB2667402 (and two update codes an native speaker so please don't beat me if not everything Failed to update KB2667402 (and more) with two error codes is correct P Failed to update KB2667402 (and more) with two error codes Just correct me thank you About my problem Sadly the list was too long Failed to update KB2667402 (and more) with two error codes for the title so here is the list KBs KB KB KB KB KB KB KB Error codes Code B Code D as far as I know it could mean my PC shut off during an update Here some background infromations Two months ago someone destroyed my PC since the beginning of august I'm finally able to build my new desktop PC In this process I tried to reuse my old HDDs bothe WD Green TBs both work fine which was succesfull Shouldn't be to important but just to be safe In the process of preparing windows Professional x I had some driver problems motherboard because I tried to use my old boot drive in the end I newly installed Win on my SSD and it worked Right now only the old boot drive isn't whiped But so far I hadn't any problems because of that Afterwards I started updating As far as I know the PC had once or twice a problem while updating I think it shut off At least once - I tried to reach the fan control of my pc-case and missed the right button wasn't used to the new case In about this time the problems with the updating started I think it was before I could do my first backup sadly But I still think there is a solution even though it's hard My trials so far error code D and security update KB - Microsoft Community Quote Irma Select Start Control Panel Programs and Features View Installed Updates Locate KB in the list and remove it Restart your computer and download and install the KB again - Gerry C J Cornell Secure boot and then updating microsoft quot fix it quot Windows safe mode and then updating I think maybe this was just point and I am mixing up not totally sure C Windows System catroot name change to catroot old and C Windows SoftwareDistribution name change to SoftwareDistribution old in safe mode restart and then try updating Downloading the update manually and install it just tried it KB and KB For example Download Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB from Official Microsoft Download Center I think once it told me it worked but in fact it wasn't the case Edit Tried it again told me it worked But you know the drill haha Sevenforums to do list Windows Update Posting Instructions System Update Readiness Tool completed sfc scannow completed Here also a part from CheckSur txt CBS as dropbox link at the end Quote Summary Seconds executed Found errors CSI Manifest All Zeros Total count CBS MUM Corrupt Total count CBS Catalog Corrupt Total count Unavailable repair files winsxs manifests amd microsoft-windows-winsock-core bf ad e none c manifest winsxs manifests amd microsoft-windows-winsock-core bf ad e none a a e d manifest servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum servicing packages Package for KB SP bf ad e amd mum servicing packages Package for KB SP bf ad e amd mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat servicing packages Package for KB SP bf ad e amd cat servicing packages Package for KB SP bf ad e amd cat servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat I hope my informations were usefull If not or you need more just ask I also can send a DxDiag if you want so and can tell me if there are personal informations which I should delete first haha Thanks a lot for your help and patience Sincerely MisterBroda P S I think tonymaloney Update KB failed error code B has had a similar problem P P S Probably nothing important but I tried to start Sniper Eli... Read more

A:Failed to update KB2667402 (and more) with two error codes

I've uploaded a file - mbaaa.zip - to my OneDrive at Noel's OneDrive
Please download and save it.
Right-click on the downloaded file, and select Extract all…
Extract to the default location - which will create a new folder mbaaa in the same place.
Open this folder - there should be two folders inside it (Manifests and Packages)

Copy the content of the Packages folder to the folder
C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\Servicing\Packages

And the content of the manifests folder (.manifest files) into this folder:

C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\Winsxs\Manifests

Now run the CheckSUR tool again (it may take a while)

Post the new CheckSUR.log file, and the CheckSUR.persist.log file.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/340907-failed-update-kb2667402-more-two-error-codes.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I am having this issue for months now, and i keep getting these errors. I have searched and tried different methods from other forums but only one worked for me, unfortunately just once ( flushing of the software distribution) but after the next day, when my pc was having its automatic update, it gave me the same errors again, and i could not use the method i used the day before. im not a techie person so please help me with light terms if it's ok.. thanks..

i have Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, SP1, AV- Microsoft Security Essential, CCleaners, and SuperAntiSpyware Free Edition

i always get error codes 80070643, 80071a91 and 78f, and because of these all 23 important updates always failed..

A:windows failed updates with Error Codes 80070643, 80071A91 and 78f

Install a few of them at the time and see if you still have issues?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/250520-windows-failed-updates-error-codes-80070643-80071a91-78f.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I cannot install the updates: Security Update for Microsoft Silverlight (KB2668562), Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (KB2468871), and Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (KB2467173).
I have tried restarting, re installing .netframework 4, and downgrading to 3.5 then retrying.
I have researched these errors and most of them are solved by re installing or downgrading then retrying but that hasnt worked for me. I did have a third party theme installed and used universal theme patcher. I restored the three patched files but still nothing works. I also have noticed when I apply a "stock" theme such as an aero theme my start orb doesnt change back to the original one. A screen shot is attached. Please help!!

A:Windows Update Error Codes 64C and 643

Update: I installed the silverlight update but still the other two wont work.
KB2468871 error 643
KB2467173 error 64C
Please somebody help me

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/215739-windows-update-error-codes-64c-643-a.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I've had an ongoing windows update issue that has finally irritated me enough to try to resolve it I'm unable to install IE or They both download and attempt to install but upon reboot to finalize the update windows gets anywhere between - percent done and starts a never codes windows Several error update ending rebooting cycle Windows update log shows all my attempts at installing either IE as quot successful quot so I have no codes but I assure you it isn't successful Also I've tried downloaded and installing them manually to the same result I also have similar issues with other updates but they show as quot Several windows update error codes failed quot and actually Several windows update error codes give me codes They are as follows Platform Update for Windows x -Edition KB Error details Code F Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Error details Code AA Update for Microsoft XML Core Services Service Pack for x -based Systems KB Error details Code I've run SFC with the scannow command which found no problems I've run the System Update Readiness Tool to completion but didn't seem to resolve anything I've also run the windows update diagnostic tool which ends with this result Attachment I can't compress my cbs folder under MB so I can't upload my folder MB limitation I've posted a screenshot of my folder in hopes I have unnecessary files I can delete in order to reach the MB mark Attachment I hope I've covered everything I apologize for the lengthy post and the plethora of problems but I'm trying to help you help me - P S I'd also like to note that I attempted to install these updates in safe mode and clean boot mode with no improvement

A:Several windows update error codes

Please delete the older CBSPersist files - from the zipped file, rather than the store.
They should the fit

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/317756-several-windows-update-error-codes.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello I have just recently built a gaming Error On Windows Codes Update Multiple machine and I have had this problem ever since I first installed Windows Home Premium x When ever I try to update I get error codes B and I have tried Windows Fix-It and SFC I have also noted that most of my problems are with security updates Here is the list of updates that my computer cannot seem to complete Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework on Windows and Windows Server R SP for x -based Systems KB Security Update Multiple Error Codes On Windows Update for Microsoft NET Framework on Windows and Windows Server R SP for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework on Windows and Windows Server R SP for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework on Windows and Windows Server R SP for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x Multiple Error Codes On Windows Update -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Windows Internet Explorer delivers web sites and applications that look and perform like native PC applications through the power of Windows Information on my PC i ASUS Rampage IV Extreme Corsair Vengence GB Mhz EVGA GTX SLI Corsair H HAF- Thank you in advance - Michael W Flaherty

A:Multiple Error Codes On Windows Update

Welcome,

Lets start by following the instructions in this tutorial:

Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/244132-multiple-error-codes-windows-update.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi I have Windows bit Lenovo ideapad that is not allowing system updates and Windows 9C57 800736B3 codes update Error This has been going on for awhile I do some research on the problem and attempt to fix it myself When I am unsuccessful I become frustrated so then I don't try again for several months Meanwhile Windows update Error codes 800736B3 and 9C57 my computer performance is getting worse and worse What I've tried so far Windows updater troubleshooter Service registration missing or corrupt-FIXED Problems installing recent updates-FIXED Starting computer in clean boot to try to install updates Temporarily disabling antivirus software AVG Antivirus Free Edition and trying to run the updates I've downloaded and tried to run the SURT not sure if it actually DID run SFC scan did not find any integrity violations I was unable to upload CBS zip file to this thread I tried a few times Connection was reset I have not yet tried to restore the registry because I'm not confident on how to do it although I did backup my computer on an external hard drive Please let me know if you require any additional information Any insight advice or help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Windows update Error codes 800736B3 and 9C57

Please follow the WindowsUpdate Posting Instructions and post the requested data

If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for anumber of reasons)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/374550-windows-update-error-codes-800736b3-9c57.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi all I have been having so many Windows Malfunctioning Error Related and Update Codes problems of late and Malfunctioning Windows Update and Related Error Codes am not able to find a solution Here's a description I have been unable to install updates for a couple of months now so I did a system restore It returned the error unspecified error occurred during system restore xc I tried to do another update after this and none was successful failed I got the following Malfunctioning Windows Update and Related Error Codes error codes F I have been browsing through the forum and Malfunctioning Windows Update and Related Error Codes this led me to look in my installed programs list and noticed that there is no indication of any service pack I might be mistaken but I thought service pack updates used to be there Should I among other things reinstall the service pack and if so how I am really in need of a permanent fix for these recurring problems as I feel my pc is vulnerable It has also slowed substantially in recent months Please note too that I am running Avast Free Antivirus I will be grateful for any assistance

A:Malfunctioning Windows Update and Related Error Codes

The first step is to follow instructions.

Complete this tutorial and post results as instructed in the tutorial.

Windows Update Posting Instructions

The next step is to wait until one of our experts check the log.
At times they are very busy so just hang in there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/364184-malfunctioning-windows-update-related-error-codes.html
Relevancy 71.38%

The updates I'm trying to install are KB and KB update, codes Windows and 800B0100 error 8007054F MGADiag report Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code N A hr xc d Windows Product Key - - VJC -XBBR Windows update, error codes 8007054F and 800B0100 -HVTHH Windows Product Key Hash k l EMDQdwK OvdCkPtHG YdosE Windows Product Windows update, error codes 8007054F and 800B0100 ID - - - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type KMS Client Windows OS version ID - D - A B- D-B DB B E Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Enterprise Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics F FE- - E FEE - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt File Mismatch C Windows system wat watadminsvc exe Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system wat npwatweb dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system wat watux exe Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system wat watweb dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppobjs dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppc dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppcext dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppwinob dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system slc dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system slcext dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppuinotify dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system slui exe Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppcomapi dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppcommdlg dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppsvc exe Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system drivers spsys sys Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system drivers spldr sys Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system systemcpl dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system user dll Hr x b Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt - D - A B- D-B DB B E lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -HVTHH lt PKey gt lt PID gt - - - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt To Be Filled By O E M lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt To Be Filled By O E M lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt American Megatrends Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt P lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt FA F F lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Central Europe Standard Time GMT lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt C Windows system slmgr vbs null xC D Windows Acti... Read more

A:Windows update, error codes 8007054F and 800B0100

Interesting - the error code here (Cached Online Validation Code: N/A, hr = 0xc004d302 : C:\Windows\system32\slmgr.vbs(1333, 5) (null): 0xC004D302) is one that I don't ever recall seeing before, but most of the rest of the report is very familiar...

This may simply be caused by a bad set of Intel Rapid Storage Technology drivers -

Installing the Intel Rapid Storage Drivers
try downloading and installing them from here - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=2101&DwnldID=22194

(you want the iata_enu.exe download)

Once complete, please reboot twice, then post another MGADiag report.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/335227-windows-update-error-codes-8007054f-800b0100.html
Relevancy 71.38%

For the last few months, Windows Update has been given me error codes 80070011 and 80070026 for half a dozen or so updates (KB3046002, KB3013538, KB3024755, KB3027209, KB3034348, KB3054256, KB3068708). So far I have tried:

Deleting the SoftwareDistribution folder.Running sfc /scannowRunning Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealthRunning sfc /scannow againInstalling the updates manually.Running the WindowsUpdate troubleshooter.

I've attached my WindowsUpdate.log file. WindowsUpdate.log

Any advice would be very welcome. Thanks in advance!

A:Windows update error codes 80070011 and 80070026

Sorry to say but no one ever gives any help anymore to worried about windows 10
i will research it

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/68898-windows-update-error-codes-80070011-80070026-a.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Every time I try to install windows updates I receive multiple errors and they all seem to lead to corrupt manifest files One of the updates includes Windows SP The Failure Multiple Error Update Windows with Codes errors I receive are Code Code B Code I ran sfc scannow and it found no problems I tried a system restore that did not resolve the issue I then ran the update readyness tool and the following result was logged Quote Unavailable repair files winsxs manifests amd microsoft-windows-ie-behaviors bf ad e none b ee c be ae manifest winsxs manifests wow microsoft-windows-ie-behaviors bf ad e none be d ed fce manifest winsxs manifests amd microsoft-windows-ie-feedsbs bf ad e none a b ce manifest winsxs manifests x microsoft-windows-ie-feedsbs bf ad e none a a b eb d d manifest winsxs manifests amd microsoft-windows-ieframe bf ad e none db bbfc ea d d manifest winsxs manifests wow microsoft-windows-ieframe bf ad e none e e a d manifest winsxs manifests wow microsoft-windows-ie-htmlediting bf ad e none cbbc f ea manifest winsxs manifests amd microsoft-windows-ie-htmlediting bf ad e none c eea manifest winsxs manifests x microsoft-windows-ie-ieproxy bf ad e none acdef b fe manifest winsxs manifests amd microsoft-windows-ie-ieproxy bf ad e none fd bd eb manifest winsxs manifests amd microsoft-windows-i mlrenderingadvanced bf ad e none f b e b f manifest winsxs manifests wow microsoft-windows-i mlrenderingadvanced Windows Update Failure with Multiple Error Codes bf ad e none f aaecd a manifest winsxs manifests amd microsoft-windows-i ersandsecurityzones bf ad e none bcc afc b e manifest winsxs manifests x microsoft-windows-i ersandsecurityzones bf ad e none cfadcf aef ab manifest winsxs manifests amd microsoft-windows-ie-extcompat bf ad e none b ff d a manifest winsxs manifests x microsoft-windows-ie-extcompat bf ad e none a faec f manifest winsxs manifests amd microsoft-windows-ieframe bf ad e none dde fe bc manifest winsxs manifests wow microsoft-windows-ieframe bf ad e none e c f ab manifest winsxs manifests amd microsoft-windows-ie-extcompat bf ad e none b daba b manifest winsxs manifests x microsoft-windows-ie-extcompat bf ad e none bc edcc f manifest winsxs manifests amd microsoft-windows-ie-feeds-platform bf ad e none d b a c c manifest winsxs manifests wow microsoft-windows-ie-feeds-platform bf ad e none e e afc bc manifest winsxs manifests amd microsoft-windows-i tocolimplementation bf ad e none ab a a f f manifest winsxs manifests x microsoft-windows-i tocolimplementation bf ad e none e d bdd manifest winsxs manifests amd microsoft-windows-ie-htmlactivexcompat bf ad e none e c a cfc manifest winsxs manifests x microsoft-windows-ie-htmlactivexcompat bf ad e none a e e f bbc manifest winsxs manifests x microsoft-windows-ie-ieproxy bf ad e none ad ef baa manifest winsxs manifests amd microsoft-windows-ie-ieproxy bf ad e none d f bd manifest winsxs manifests amd microsoft-windows-ie-runtimeutilities bf ad e none beceb b f e manifest winsxs manifests amd microsoft-windows-i etexplorer-optional bf ad e none f faf a e c manifest winsxs manifests wow microsoft-windows-i etexplorer-optional bf ad e none f cc ad d manifest winsxs manifests amd microsoft-windows-i mlrenderingadvanced bf ad e none aef c cf manifest winsxs manifests wow microsoft-windows-i mlrenderingadvanced bf ad e none a a b manifest winsxs manifests amd microsoft-windows-ie-feedsbs bf ad e none fd d manifest winsxs manifests x microsoft-windows-ie-feedsbs bf ad e none a e cc ff c manifest winsxs manifests wow microsoft-windows-ie-htmlrendering bf ad e none a ac manifest winsxs manifests amd microsoft-windows-ie-htmlrendering bf ad e none ac c cbc ca manifest winsxs manifests amd microsoft-windows-ie-feeds-platform bf ad e none d cfdd ccafd f c manifest winsxs manifests wow microsoft-windows-ie-feeds-platform bf ad e none e beff df manifest winsxs manifests x microsoft-windows-ie-devtools bf ad e none fc d ffb f manifest winsxs manifests amd microsoft-windows-ie-... Read more

A:Windows Update Failure with Multiple Error Codes

Hello, and welcome to the Seven Forums!

Well, hopefully we can avoid a complete reinstall, because I do have a few tricks up my sleeve

Can you please upload for me an unmodified copy of C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.persist.log, and I shall see what I can do.

Also, ideally, please avoid chopping up log files, because although I can read them, to save time when sourcing hundreds of files at once, I have many automated tools to do repetitive portions of the work for me, and truncated logs confuse these tools. But I already have a pretty good idea with what is going on with your computer, and well done for running the System Update Readiness Tool.

Thanks a lot!

Richard

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/186655-windows-update-failure-multiple-error-codes.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I think I am guilty of hijacking another thread on this - sorry, I'm new to this!

Thanks joshry101 for your response to where I'm up to...

I'm still stuck in cmd - I'm sorry I'm not too tech savvy but should I just close the cmd window amd proceed with the two installs you suggest ... it's not done anything for hours still at the Installing ..\w61-x64\ ...etc, etc - it all started so well!

I hope I just uploaded an image of how cmd looks right now - it's been there for a few hours following the offline download wsusoffline1062

Thanks!

A:Windows Update Stuck (no error codes, just hanging)

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
Not sure why you're using cmd
Just download the update,
Stop and switch windows update to manual and run the already downloaded KB

KB3020369 does have to be installed in order to be able to install KB3172605
download links,
Win-7 32 bit
https://download.microsoft.com/downl...020369-x86.msu

Win-7 64 bit
https://download.microsoft.com/downl...020369-x64.msu

Then manually install KB3172605 main article page with all versions,
KB3172605 download links,
Win-7 32 bit
https://download.microsoft.com/downl...172605-x86.msu

Win-7 64 bit
https://download.microsoft.com/downl...172605-x64.msu

After switch your windows update and service settings back to what you had prior and manually check for updates and the rest should show up shortly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/400868-windows-update-stuck-no-error-codes-just-hanging.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I had this problem before in Oct. 2006 with my computer at home and put drivecleaner 2006 on it and it corrected the problem. Now my symantec and pestpatrol caught it as spyware and and all and I'm kind of confussed on where to put it back on my computer or not! Any advice. I have Window XP Pro.

A:Windows Updates Fails To Update With No Error Codes.

Drive Cleaner is a program that displays exaggerated reports of security and privacy risks on your computer. Before you can fix these risks, though, the program requires you to purchase the commercial version of the software. Due to this Symantec labels this program a security risk. A screenshot of this program can be seen below.How To Remove Drivecleaner 2006

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/85437/windows-updates-fails-to-update-with-no-error-codes/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi

i was sent over to this section to post about my windows update problems by axe0, after he helped my whit my blue screen problems

i have installed SURT however it said it failed to install windows update hotfix, im also getting two error codes, and they are:

Code 800736B3
Code 80004005

i also ran and SFC scan and have attached the CBS.zip aswell.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6Q...ew?usp=sharing

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks

Andrew

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/384513-windows-update-problems-unknown-error-codes.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi guys along with my bsod 0x93 problem ive been getting recently some windows updates errors please help me! https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6z...ew?usp=sharing

A:Windows Update error codes 80070643 and 80071A91.

I suspect that your WU problems will have to wait, until your BSOD problems are solved - but I'll take a look and see if there's anything that relates which may be causing your BSODs and see if we can fix that.

Edit - now I've got the logs downloaded!
There's no significant errors in the CBS.log background - and both SFC and CheckSUR are clear.
I', not sure I can do anything that'll help your BSOD problems, and I think WU should wait until that's cured.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/370757-windows-update-error-codes-80070643-80071a91.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi, 3 updates will not install no matter what I do. Have run SURT and Windows Update Diagnostic. I have attached screenshots of the error codes and update history. I have also attached the CheckSUR.log and CheckSur.persist.log files from the CBS file. The whole CBS file is too large to upload. Help would be very appreciated.

A:Windows 7 Pro update error codes: 80073712, 8024200D, 80070490.

I've seen a lot worse

Here's the problem-list from CheckSUR...

Code:
Unavailable repair files:
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-authentication-authui_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22843_none_0e6300c36ce0e937.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-a..on-authui.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22843_en-us_8dec1b1b1482822e.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-a..on-authui.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22843_en-us_ea0ab69eccdff364.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-installer-engine_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18637_none_618dcfbeca31e3f1.manifest
winsxs\manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-installer-engine_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18637_none_6be27a10fe92a5ec.manifest
winsxs\manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-installer-engine_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22843_none_6c5d47ae17bbf972.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-installer-handler_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22843_none_3d68a84c7ba605fb.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-installer-handler_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22843_none_e14a0cc8c34894c5.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-installer-engine_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22843_none_62089d5be35b3777.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-authentication-authui_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22843_none_6a819c47253e5a6d.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-lua_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22843_none_04d87c628ca1e3ee.manifest
servicing\packages\Package_40_for_KB3008627~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_40_for_KB3008627~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_41_for_KB3008627~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_41_for_KB3008627~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_42_for_KB3008627~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_42_for_KB3008627~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_78_for_KB3008627~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_78_for_KB3008627~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_79_for_KB3008627~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_79_for_KB3008627~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_80_for_KB3008627~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_80_for_KB3008627~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_81_for_KB3008627~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_81_for_KB3008627~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB3008627_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB3008627_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB3008627~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB3008627~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
I'll post a fix protocol later - it shouldn't be a problem, since all errors appear to be from the same update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/367305-windows-7-pro-update-error-codes-80073712-8024200d-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I keep getting Update Failed error with the following codes:

Code 800F0900 (unknown error)
Code 80073712 (unknown error)

The updates are for:
Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 7 Service Pack 1 for x64-based Systems (KB2879017)
and
Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2882822)

I had the same issue with .Net Framework updates, but uninstalling with a .Net full removal tool then re-installing did the trick there.

So far I've tried manually installing the updates, running WindowsUpdateDiagnostic, running Tweaking.com Windows Repair (All in One), Microsoft FixIt. None of these have helped and am a loss.

I've included the CBS files as well as the SFCFix.txt to this post. Any suggestions on what to do next? Let me know if you need more info...

Thanks!

A:Windows Update Fail - Error Codes 800F0900 and 80073712

You have a LOT of errors there!
Here's the SFCFix summary...
AutoAnalysis::

Code:
SUMMARY: Some corruptions could not be fixed automatically and others were
unimportant. Seek advice from helper or sysnative.com.
CBS & SFC total detected corruption count: 8

CBS & SFC total unimportant corruption count: 0
CBS & SFC total fixed corruption count: 0
SURT total detected corruption count: 98
SURT total unimportant corruption count: 2
SURT total fixed corruption count: 0
AutoAnalysis:: directive completed successfully.

I'll post a first-fix protocol later, and we'll see how it goes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/308445-windows-update-fail-error-codes-800f0900-80073712-a.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I am having some trouble with Windows Update failures. The updates are:

KB2977629
KB2972211
KB2973112
KB2952664

The error codes are 8024200D and 8007371B

I ran SURT and SFC but I cant attach the CBS.zip file because its about 23M and 8M is the limit

Thanks

Mark

A:4 Windows Update Failures error codes 8024200D and 8007371B

OK here's my CBS zip file

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/346612-4-windows-update-failures-error-codes-8024200d-8007371b.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi there,

When I run windows update I receive a few errors, along with numerous failed updates.

I have attached my zipped CBS folder and a screenshot in the below link, as the CBS folder was too large to attach.

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=B85F8...81CC1FE97A!160

Hope someone can help!
Many Thanks

A:Windows update error codes, 800B0100, 80073712, 8024200D

While I take a look at your CBS logs, please also upload your C:\windows\windowsupdate.log file - it'll tell me which updates have which problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/357787-windows-update-error-codes-800b0100-80073712-8024200d.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I brought my computer as a windows 7 computer and i upgraded all the way up to windows 8.1 before i got a virus. I had to order some dvds which worked but the updating process stopped at 99%. I let the updating process update for about 10 hours and it was still stuck.

So i took the dvd out and it got me to the startup services screen where it got stuck. So i changed a registry line and it worked! I got all my files back but now i can't upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10. Can i get some help?

A:Can't update windows 7 to windows 10. Error codes 9c57 code 9c59.

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
You can try this method and simply clean install 10
Clean Install Windows 10 Directly without having to Upgrade First - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/387813-cant-update-windows-7-windows-10-error-codes-9c57-code-9c59.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I have been getting these error codes every time i try to update windows
software. I have googled extensively on this problem and followed guides, but
its still giving me error codes. I am NOT using a proxy or anything like
that. This error poped up after I uninstalled kaspersky from my computer I
believe. I am running Vista 32bit SP1 (SP1 because i still havent been able
to update). I have tried using Microsoft's update links, but they are broken
because they just return me to google. Please help someone! I need to get
this fixed before tomorrow because of that new virus.

A:Error codes 80244019 (windows Update) and 0x8024402c (windows Defender)

Dude I just had my system crash after doing a windows update. I was trying to update everything before that new virus and now it looks like I have already been hit

I currently have a screen stuck saying

!! 0xc01a001d !! 37362/94537 (\Registry\machine\components\deriveddata...)

Is there anyone that can help?

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/219643-error-codes-80244019-windows-update-0x8024402c-windows-defender.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello. I have tried my best to do everything recommended here to solve the issue of failed installments of windows updates:

Fix: Windows Updates fail to install in Windows 7 | 8

Obviously, I haven't been successful. I am not very good with computers, so I would appreciate your patience as you help me with this problem.

Thank you for your help.

A:Windows Update Fails to Install: error codes 800B0100 and 9C47

Attachment 286200

Here is the CBS zip.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/305214-windows-update-fails-install-error-codes-800b0100-9c47.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi.
My Win 7 Pro is constantly crashing. Sometimes at startup ( in normal mode, not in safe mode ), every time at Windows Update and even when system is idle ( in normal and safe mode ).
Some of my error codes are: 0x7E; 0x8E; 0x50; 0x7F; 0xC2; 0x0A; 0xD1

A:multiple BSOD error codes at startup, Windows Update even when idle

Wow thats a lot of dumps, first up of you are OCing in any way stop and return all bios settings to default

Please update your system specs, if your not sure look here

OK had a quick scan and theres a massive variation of codes and causes there too many dumps to go into them all in detail
A few things that stand out are there are lots of errors relating to info input & output and disk activity so i recommend you run some hardware tests and i think you may have a problem with a disk drive, try these and report back on their outcomes
Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure
RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Also you have some bad programs/drivers installed
First up you have the oldest driver i have ever seen installed on a win 7 system 1996 wow heres a list of all the stuff you need to update ( the first two need to be gone IMO if its something you cant update but you use uninstall you can reinstall later after we have cured your BSOD and regained a stable system)
giveio.sys 04/04/1996 02:33:25 this is a driver relating to speedfan, uninstall it and install newer copy if you wish
ASACPI.sys 13/08/2004 02:52:52 this is a driver associated with an asus mobo utility, uninstall it
ADIHdAud.sys 16/01/2007 16:41:49 SoundMAX Digital HD Audio Driver
nvm62x32.sys 17/10/2008 21:00:39 nVidia Ethernet Networking Driver (nForce chipset driver)
netr28u.sys 26/02/2009 02:42:42 Ralink RT2870 series USB802.11n Wireless Adapter Driver (you may have a different manufacturer)
a014p1am.SYS 21/03/2009 14:47:30 Not sure what this is google doesnt find either ?????????

You also have daemon tools installed you need to remove it as it includes a driver named sptd.sys and that is a known cause of BSODs on win 7 uninstall program then run tool here to see if driver is gone, if driver is already uininstalled when you run tool the uninstall button will be grayed out/not clickable

I would advise you clear your minidump folder (move them all to a new location) and any new BSODs you get after you run all the above upload seperately by running SF tool again

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/272644-multiple-bsod-error-codes-startup-windows-update-even-when-idle.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Windows Professional x SP GB RAM Intel Core i GB free space on SSD Office Samsung Galaxy Note KIES Hi My Windows x PC has been working codes: failing 800736B3, Windows Error Update 80070246 with 8007371B, fine until recently The trouble started with attempting to use my Samsung Galaxy Note and sync using Samsung's Windows Update failing with Error codes: 8007371B, 800736B3, 80070246 KIES using a USB connection It was a bit glitchy but I finally got the thing to sync But today it didnt want to know Windows Update failing with Error codes: 8007371B, 800736B3, 80070246 and kept saying that my phone had quot No SIM card installed quot which is not true as the phone was picking up a mobile phone signal fine In Task Manager I discovered a thing called TrustedInstaller exe which is persistently taking up to of my processor I looked online and discovered that it was the correct size and that it was something to do with Windows Updates So ran Windows Update and discovered that it wanted to install about patches This is odd because I run Windows Update every or weeks Error code B Error code B But when I ran Windows Update two things failed So I executed a Restore Point to days ago and I ran Window Update again Same problem except that now there are THREE error codes Error code B Error code B Error code So this time I followed the windows error code links and although there was nothing describing my error codes I ran Microsoft FixIt and did Windows Update again Still the same problem So then I download ms System Update Readiness Tool for Win x - KB CLUE When I try to do the Windows Update it doest seem to even download anything and gets stuck at quot Downloading updates KB total complete quot I'm thinking that something is must be wrong if it thinks it needs to download quot KB quot - Any thoughts J

A:Windows Update failing with Error codes: 8007371B, 800736B3, 80070246

Please post the CheckSUR.log and CheckSUR.persist.log files as attachements to your reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/258141-windows-update-failing-error-codes-8007371b-800736b3-80070246-a.html
Relevancy 70.09%

My computer will not not update I have tried all the error fix programs and still have problem.

Error codes 80070BC9 and 9C59. Thank you for any help you can give attached is my cbs file.

Thank you Mark

A:How fix windows update error codes 80070BC9 and 9C59 Windows 7

You have some serious problems in the CBS background...

Code:
2013-12-22 21:41:37, Info CSI 00000004 IAdvancedInstallerAwareStore_ResolvePendingTransactions (call 1) (flags = 00000004, progress = NULL, phase = 0, pdwDisposition = @0x183fbd0
2013-12-22 21:41:37, Info CSI 00000005 Creating NT transaction (seq 1), objectname [6]"(null)"
2013-12-22 21:41:37, Info CSI 00000006 Created NT transaction (seq 1) result 0x00000000, handle @0x1f4
2013-12-22 21:41:37, Error CSI 00000007 (F) STATUS_RM_NOT_ACTIVE #155# from Windows::Rtl::SystemImplementation::DirectRegistryProvider::SysOpenKey(flg = (AllowAccessDenied), key = {provider=NULL, handle=0}, da = (KEY_SET_VALUE|KEY_WOW64_64KEY), oa = @0x183eeb0->OBJECT_ATTRIBUTES {s:48; rd:NULL; on:[28]"\Registry\Machine\COMPONENTS"; a:(OBJ_CASE_INSENSITIVE)}, disp = Unmapped disposition: 25423440 (0x0183ee50))[gle=0xd0190005]
2013-12-22 21:41:37, Error CSI [email protected]/12/23:02:41:37.475 (F) d:\win7sp1_gdr\base\wcp\sil\merged\ntu\ntsystem.cpp(3676): Error STATUS_RM_NOT_ACTIVE originated in function Windows::Rtl::SystemImplementation::DirectRegistryProvider::SysOpenKey expression: (null)
[gle=0x80004005]
I can't find any SFC results anywhere?- what error message did you get when you ran it?

The CheckSUR appears to have completed in a non-standard manner of some kind - the summary is missing.

This would all tend towards the conclusion that you have some fairly major corruption present..

I suspect that a repair install is going to be your best option.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/315940-how-fix-windows-update-error-codes-80070bc9-9c59-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Followed the windows update instructions as follows:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bhlnwl01m6s5hgq/CBS.zip?dl=0

A:22 Failed Updates, 3 Error Codes

Here's the Summary from the CheckSUR.log

Code:
Summary:
Seconds executed: 2157
Found 71 errors
CSI Manifest All Zeros Total count: 41
CBS MUM Corrupt Total count: 15
CBS Catalog Corrupt Total count: 15
winsxs\manifests\msil_system.xml.resources_b77a5c561934e089_6.1.7601.18529_en-us_4ba39f6adcb8ffa6.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_netfx-mscordacwks_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.22740_none_e8b38a23dd2b7e4f.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_mscorlib_b77a5c561934e089_6.1.7601.18529_none_54663ac069823895.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_netfx-system.xml_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.18529_none_61525d543c29f632.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-security-credssp_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22943_none_c627b70219090938.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_netfx-mscordacwks_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.18529_none_ff7e636bc386d1f3.manifest
winsxs\manifests\msil_mscorlib.resources_b77a5c561934e089_6.1.7601.18529_en-us_6685ac8c75cac403.manifest
winsxs\manifests\msil_system.data.sqlxml_b77a5c561934e089_6.1.7601.18529_none_05d526a261a2bd9d.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-msauditevtlog_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22943_none_c9b1ffe0efe67923.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_netfx-sos_dll_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.22740_none_89d49b0dbca4315e.manifest
winsxs\manifests\msil_system.xml_b77a5c561934e089_6.1.7601.22740_none_3f3239201f9a7e81.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_netfx-sos_dll_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.18529_none_a09f7455a2ff8502.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_netfx-system.data.sqlxml_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.22740_none_fd50d2123d55f0a6.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_netfx-system.data.sqlxml_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.18529_none_141bab5a23b1444a.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_netfx-sos_dll_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.22740_none_d181d1e4d1205a64.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_mscorlib_b77a5c561934e089_6.1.7601.18529_none_9c1371977dfe619b.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_netfx-mscorwks_dll_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.22740_none_efef673d052a727c.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-ncrypt-dll_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18738_none_5fd40dd14fead8db.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-security-credssp_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18738_none_c5ade9aeffdecf09.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_netfx-system.xml_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.22740_none_4a87840c55cea28e.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-os-kernel_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18738_none_6e2619e01271dca0.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_mscorlib_b77a5c561934e089_6.1.7601.22740_none_8548984f97a30df7.manifest
winsxs\manifests\msil_system.data.sqlxml.resources_b77a5c561934e089_6.1.7601.22740_en-us_f0063b6d4da03da4.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-b..environment-windows_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22943_none_c7c6b840bca113b6.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_netfx-sos_dll_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.18529_none_e84cab2cb77bae08.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-ncrypt-dll_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22943_none_604ddb246915130a.manifest
winsxs\manifests\msil_mscorlib.resources_b77a5c561934e089_6.1.7601.22740_en-us_4fbad3448f6f705f.manifest
winsxs\manifests\msil_system.data.sqlxml_b77a5c561934e089_6.1.7601.22740_none_ef0a4d5a7b4769f9.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_netfx-mscordacwks_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.18529_none_b7d12c94af0aa8ed.manifest
winsxs\manifests\msil_system.xml.resources_b77a5c561934e089_6.1.7601.22740_en-us_34d8c622f65dac02.manifest
winsxs\manifests\msil_system.data.sqlxml.resources_b77a5c561934e089_6.1.7601.18529_en-us_06d114b533fb9148.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_mscorlib_b77a5c561934e089_6.1.7601.22740_none_3d9b61788326e4f1.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-os-kernel_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22943_none_6e9fe7332b9c16cf.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-appid_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22943_none_b5da3161e1fdc1a3.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-b..os-loader.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22943_en-us_d526db1c13da4... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/371544-22-failed-updates-3-error-codes.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Tried the following Update works if I bypass the router ie connect the PC directly to modem It also works from different ISP through router at work Format disk amp Reinstall windows From windowsupdate log - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http download windowsupdate com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab gt error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING DownloadFileInternal failed for http download windowsupdate com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab error x efd - - c Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C muv wuredir cab - - c Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - c Misc WARNING SendRequest failed with hr efd Proxy List used lt gt Bypass List used lt null gt 0x80072efd update - with Windows Client error Windows detect Update to Can't failed 7 Auth Schemes used lt gt - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http download microsoft com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab gt error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING SendRequest failed with hr efd Proxy List used lt gt Bypass List used lt null gt Auth Schemes used lt gt - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http download microsoft com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab gt error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING SendRequest failed with hr efd Proxy List used lt gt Bypass List used lt null gt Auth Schemes used lt gt - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http download microsoft com v windowsupdate Can't update Windows 7 - Windows Update Client failed to detect with error 0x80072efd redir muv wuredir cab gt Can't update Windows 7 - Windows Update Client failed to detect with error 0x80072efd error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING SendRequest failed with hr efd Proxy List used lt gt Bypass List used lt null gt Auth Schemes used lt gt - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http download microsoft com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab gt error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING DownloadFileInternal failed for http download microsoft com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab error x efd - - c Misc Validating signature for - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http www update microsoft com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab gt error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING SendRequest failed with hr efd Proxy List used lt gt Bypass List used lt null gt Auth Schemes used lt gt - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http www update microsoft com v windowsupdate redir muv wu... Read more

A:Can't update Windows 7 - Windows Update Client failed to detect with error 0x80072efd

Hi,

Try to remove the proxy server entry from the WinHTTP proxy configuration for Windows 7:

Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start programs and files box.
Right-click cmd.exe in the Programs list, and then click Run as administrator.
Note If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or click Continue.
Type the following command and then press Enter:
netsh winhttp show proxy
Note The proxy setting is listed next to Proxy Server. If there is no proxy server, Direct Access <no proxy server> is shown in the Command Prompt window.
To remove the listed proxy setting, type the following command and then press Enter:

netsh winhttp reset proxy
Click Start, click All Programs, click Windows Update, and then try to download and install updates again.Alex Zhaozx
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f37e3638-beac-445a-83f4-21cf85cb05fe/cant-update-windows-7-windows-update-client-failed-to-detect-with-error-0x80072efd?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 67.08%

Just did a reinstall of my OS. All but 6 updates succeded. Windows 7 SP1

Failed:
error code: 80070308
KB2965788
KB2923545
KB2984981
KB3025390
error code: 80242016
KB2952664
KB2598845
Tried the windows tool to fix windows updates but didn't work.

edit: typo

A:5 Updates failed to install. Error codes 80070308 & 80242016

Hi greymatters It's normal for certain Windows Updates to fail when you install all of them at the same time. Did you try to install them individually or at least bit by bit and not all of them together?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/560745/5-updates-failed-to-install-error-codes-80070308-80242016/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello,

Thanks goodness I found this site. I have been struggling since Dec 2013 with failed updates. I have tried all the included fixes and went through all the steps of "Windows Update Posting Instructions" post. I have taken screenshots of my error as well as a shot of when the errors started and what updates were failing at the time. Unfortunately my CBS zip is 1.15GB. So if I can get help on where to host that so you can reference it, that would be great.

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium and it would be amazing if I could get some help on this way too longstanding problem. Thanks!

MSK.

A:Failed updates (since 12/2013) Error codes 80246007, 80070002, 800736B

How big is the CBS.log file on its own, both unzipped and zipped? - try posting that only, to a fileshare site such as OneDrive, if it's over the 8MB limit.

Please post the CheckSUR.log file from the CBS folder - that should be small enough.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/374143-failed-updates-since-12-2013-error-codes-80246007-80070002-800736b.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Can someone please suggest what I might do to solve my problem During Windows start-up I get come up the two error templates I ve detailed I can get rid of them easily enough and the PC continues to start OK but for about - minutes runs 2" Resource -"Error loading codes is Slow indexing & DLL in XML string problem failed rather slowly If I open a programme it is VERY slow to further open say a specific e-mail within Slow indexing problem codes -"Error in loading string XML is 2" & Resource DLL failed a list of new ones or a particular document within WORD Worst of all is opening an e-mail which has a link to a website The link shows as you would expect but to get through to the relevant website often takes or more Slow indexing problem codes -"Error in loading string XML is 2" & Resource DLL failed minutes I m told I have software which isn t running through its start up properly as Windows opens probably something which hasn t loaded or been removed deleted properly by me but WHICH software How can I identify it and delete it properly I ve tried Registry Cleaners and they don t at least so far make any difference Thanks for any suggestions

A:Slow indexing problem codes -"Error in loading string XML is 2" & Resource DLL failed

Bleeping Computer DOES NOT recommend the use of registry cleaners/optimizers for several reasons: Registry cleaners are extremely powerful applications that can damage the registry by using aggressive cleaning routines and cause your computer to become unbootable.

The Windows registry is a central repository (database) for storing configuration data, user settings and machine-dependent settings, and options for the operating system. It contains information and settings for all hardware, software, users, and preferences. Whenever a user makes changes to settings, file associations, system policies, or installed software, the changes are reflected and stored in this repository. The registry is a crucial component because it is where Windows "remembers" all this information, how it works together, how Windows boots the system and what files it uses when it does. The registry is also a vulnerable subsystem, in that relatively small changes done incorrectly can render the system inoperable. For a more detailed explanation, read Understanding The Registry.
Not all registry cleaners are created equal. There are a number of them available but they do not all work entirely the same way. Each vendor uses different criteria as to what constitutes a "bad entry". One cleaner may find entries on your system that will not cause problems when removed, another may not find the same entries, and still another may want to remove entries required for a program to work.
Not all registry cleaners create a backup of the registry before making changes. If the changes prevent the system from booting up, then there is no backup available to restore it in order to regain functionality. A backup of the registry is essential BEFORE making any changes to the registry.
Improperly removing registry entries can hamper malware disinfection and make the removal process more difficult if your computer becomes infected. For example, removing malware related registry entries before the infection is properly identified can contribute to system instability and even make the malware undetectable to removal tools.
The usefulness of cleaning the registry is highly overrated and can be dangerous. In most cases, using a cleaner to remove obsolete, invalid, and erroneous entries does not affect system performance but it can result in "unpredictable results". Unless you have a particular problem that requires a registry edit to correct it, I would suggest you leave the registry alone. Using registry cleaning tools unnecessarily or incorrectly could lead to disastrous effects on your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. For routine use, the benefits to your computer are negligible while the potential risks are great.Ed Bott's Webog: Why I don't use registry cleaners Do I need a Registry Cleaner?LouisMight take a look at http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/xpprograms/thread/ce651b45-58fa-4991-8b7d-e510231fe99d.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/357288/slow-indexing-problem-codes-error-in-loading-string-xml-is-2-resource-dll-failed/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi All

Some of our client machine(Windows7) is not taking update from WSUS server. When we verified the WindowsUpdate logs, we could see that WU client version is changed to 7.6.7600.256 from 7.5.7601.17514.Our WSUS server is running with version WSUS 3.0 SP1 on windows 2003 server. So we suspect this may be the reason windows 7 machines is getting the error message 'Windows Update Client failed to detect with error 0x800b0001' when it try to get the update from WSUS server.

So please suggest any steps to change the WU client version on windows 7 back to 7.5.7601.17514

Please find the attached log file.

A:Getting the error Windows Update Client failed to detect with error 0x800b0001

Hi this is about your error Error code when you try to use Windows Update or Microsoft Update to install updates: "0x800B0001"

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/getting-the-error-windows-update-client-failed-to-detect-with-error-0x800b0001-658345.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi,
I've tried to install the sp1 update several times now, allways getting the error 800b0100.
I read up on the problem in several forums but nothing has worked for me. I ran the System Update Readiness Tool but I still can't install the update.
Hoping for some help here.

A:Windows 7 SP1 update failed error 800b0100

Please refer to the below links...

Error Code: 0x800B0100 - Can't install SP1 - Microsoft Answers

Error code 0x800B0100 when using Windows Update or Microsoft Update to install updates

Error Code 800B0100 when trying to install Windows Updates KB974145 - Microsoft Answers

Windows Update error 800B0100

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/215858-windows-7-sp1-update-failed-error-800b0100.html
Relevancy 64.5%

My computer fails to install the update for windows 7 for 64x-based systems (KB2761217)

The error code is 8007065E

I've tried the windows fixit program and the problem still persists.

Attached is the CBS.log

Can I get some help please =)

A:Windows 7 update failed. Error 8007065E

The problem is this...

Code:
2013-11-03 09:07:39, Info CBS Read out cached package applicability for package: Package_for_KB2584146~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.3, ApplicableState: 112, CurrentState:112
2013-11-03 09:07:45, Info CBS Session: 30333086_301750403 initialized by client WindowsUpdateAgent.
2013-11-03 09:07:45, Info DPX Started DPX phase: Resume and Download Job
2013-11-03 09:07:45, Info DPX Started DPX phase: Apply Deltas Provided In File
2013-11-03 09:07:45, Info DPX Ended DPX phase: Apply Deltas Provided In File
2013-11-03 09:07:45, Info DPX Ended DPX phase: Resume and Download Job
2013-11-03 09:07:45, Info DPX DpxException hr=0x8007065e code=0x020217
2013-11-03 09:07:45, Info CBS Failed to extract file update.mum from cabinet \\?\C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download\8de8eccc51302e3ad3cd631c70492dc1\windows6.1-kb2761217-x64-express.cab [HRESULT = 0x8007065e - ERROR_UNSUPPORTED_TYPE]
2013-11-03 09:07:45, Info CBS Failed to extract package manifest from cabinet [HRESULT = 0x8007065e - ERROR_UNSUPPORTED_TYPE]
2013-11-03 09:07:45, Info CBS Failed to initialize internal package [HRESULT = 0x8007065e - ERROR_UNSUPPORTED_TYPE]
2013-11-03 09:07:45, Error CBS Failed to create internal package [HRESULT = 0x8007065e - ERROR_UNSUPPORTED_TYPE]
2013-11-03 09:07:48, Info CBS Session: 30333086_329562903 initialized by client WindowsUpdateAgent.
This appears to be corruption in the SoftwareDistribution folder

Let's see if we can cure it the 'easy way' -

Open an Elevated Command Prompt, and run the following command...

RD C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download\8de8eccc51302e3ad3cd631c70492dc1 /S /Q

reboot, and then run another Check for Updates - then try installing ONLY KB2584146.

Here are some instructions to make lifeeasier

1) To open anElevated Command Prompt Window (the ECP window), click on Start, All Programs,Accessories – then right-click on Command Prompt, and select Run asAdministrator. Accept the UAC prompt.

2) To run thecommands easier, highlight the block of commands, and right-click on thehighlight – select Copy. In the CP Window, click on the black/white icon at topleft – select Paste. The commands will run but may not complete the lastcommand, so hit the Enter Key once.

3) To copy theresults... click on the Black/White icon in the top left, and select Edit...'Select All', and hit the Enter key - then use Ctrl+V or r-click+Paste to pasteit into your response.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/310526-windows-7-update-failed-error-8007065e.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi,
i am trying to install SP1 via windows update and it fails by giving error 800b0100.
i tried installing after antivirus and firewall disable. but same error.

Please help

A:Windows 7 SP1 update failed error 800b0100

Just in case our Richard {who is good with this particular Error problem} does NOT come to your rescue...
Please read through the link below.

Error Code 800B0100 when trying to install Windows Updates KB974145 - Microsoft Answers

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/206992-windows-7-sp1-update-failed-error-800b0100.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Everytime i boot my laptop, windows update automatically download newest update and only this one is failed. Its almost 10 times i retry to redownload and install but always failed. There's no problem with my internet connection and my PC successfully install this update.
I used windows 10 pro edition i upgrade it from windows 7.
Here some screenshot might help
I need your guys help. Thanks ..

A:Windows update failed error 0x8020002b

​I am having problems too and just replying to this thread since I don't feel like starting a new one.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/56712-windows-update-failed-error-0x8020002b.html
Relevancy 64.5%

800b0100 is the only code that is poppin up. hopefully I did all of this correctly. thanks

A:Windows Update Failed error 800b0100

Here's the SFC error...

Code:
2015-07-31 11:26:20, Info CSI 00000326 [SR] Repairing 1 components
2015-07-31 11:26:20, Info CSI 00000327 [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
2015-07-31 11:26:20, Info CSI 00000328 Hashes for file member \SystemRoot\WinSxS\x86_microsoft-windows-imagingengine_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17514_none_2df065c88c5d1cef\ImagingEngine.dll do not match actual file [l:34{17}]"ImagingEngine.dll" :
Found: {l:32 b:gexYj1iOf5gx9+qYGp8EzvA0G1rfqclgNeXCyfJP/vc=} Expected: {l:32 b:9zLwUwp//Wxn/3dHYBdLjgE3fcEIWUIhWHDIUjXxHGE=}
2015-07-31 11:26:20, Info CSI 00000329 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:34{17}]"ImagingEngine.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-ImagingEngine, Version = 6.1.7601.17514, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
There are no apparent errors in the CheckSUR log - but we may need to revisit that later.

I'll post a fix protocol for this error a bit later.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/377142-windows-update-failed-error-800b0100.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Windows update has not been able to install new updates for a couple of weeks. I first noticed this after getting a notification in my task tray saying that updates could not automatically install. However, updates will not manually install either.

I get the error "Windows Could not Search for New Updates" and error code 8024402C. (See attached screenshot).

I followed all the instructions in the Windows Update Posting Instructions Thread and have also attached my error log.

Please let me know what can be done to restore automatic updates. Thanks!

A:Windows Update Failed: Error 8024402C

Open Windows Update
Click on Change Settings
Select 'Never Update...'
Click OK
exit Windows Update
Now open Windows update again
Click on Change Settings
Select 'Update automatically'
Click OK
exit Windows Update
Open Windows Update, and do a manual Check for Updates.
If it still fails, please post an MGADiag report - it may show what the problem is, even if the tool isn't strictly applicable here.
Please follow this tutorial and post an MGADiag report - then we can see what the problem is.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/234159-windows-genuine-activation-issue-posting-instructions.html
Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine (or inside the battery compartment), but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/howtotell/Hardware.aspx

Ignore errors produced when clicking on the Copy button - they simply mean that the tool could not create the backup files for some reason. The data is still copied to the clipboard for pasting to your response.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/281811-windows-update-failed-error-8024402c.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello I have been having problems installing Important Security Updates and optional updates onto my machine I have tried to install them several times since they was released but every time I get the same Error Code B They are the following Important - Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows for x -based Systems KB - Failed Error 800B0100 Update Windows Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB - Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB - Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Optional - Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB - Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB - Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB I have followed the steps from your quot Windows Update Posting Instructions quot Windows Update Failed Error 800B0100 and I have attached the logs to the thread as well However the CBS log will not allow me to read it so I created a new sfcdetails txt file on my desktop and included it with the zipped folder instead of the true CBS log file I hope that is alright There were also quot CbsPersist quot Cabinet Files in the Logs CBS folder which made the zipped file much too large so I did not include them Let me know if you do need them and I can put them on my google drive and give the link Thanks

A:Windows Update Failed Error 800B0100

Here's your CheckSUR error list

Code:
Summary:
Seconds executed: 1988
Found 30 errors
CBS MUM Corrupt Total count: 15
CBS Catalog Corrupt Total count: 15
servicing\packages\Package_102_for_KB3023562~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_102_for_KB3023562~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_103_for_KB3023562~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_103_for_KB3023562~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_104_for_KB3023562~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_104_for_KB3023562~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_105_for_KB3023562~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_105_for_KB3023562~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_108_for_KB3023562~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_108_for_KB3023562~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_109_for_KB3023562~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_109_for_KB3023562~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_110_for_KB3023562~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_110_for_KB3023562~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_111_for_KB3023562~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_111_for_KB3023562~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_49_for_KB3023562~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_49_for_KB3023562~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_50_for_KB3023562~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_50_for_KB3023562~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_51_for_KB3023562~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_51_for_KB3023562~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_52_for_KB3023562~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_52_for_KB3023562~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_77_for_KB3023562~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_77_for_KB3023562~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB3023562_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB3023562_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB3023562~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB3023562~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
I'll post a fix protocol later.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/363085-windows-update-failed-error-800b0100.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I have a Acer Windows 8 computer and its stuck on reverting update changes and restarting. It says "Failed configuring Windows Updates Reverting changes" then restarts and then does that again. I cannot go to the desktop. How do I fix this?

A:Windows 8 Failed to update reverting changes error

don't have a answer, but do have a suggestion ,its the weekend and all helpers are volunteers ,hang tough , someone will come along
some suggested reading in the meantime ,good luck
"Failure configuring Windows updates. Reverting changes. Do not turn off your computer" error when you try to install Windows updates

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/31409-windows-8-failed-update-reverting-changes-error.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I have been trying to install the latest windows 7 updates for several days and all of them (14) keep failing. The same error is received for all of them, Error 8000ffff. I researched what the updates were for and it looks like they are for Windows 7 x64, I have Windows 7 x86. Also, just before this happened I started getting an error message that my windows was not genuine. But I ran the activation and it says it is genuine (I have had Windows 7 Professional for a couple of years). I did some googling and ran into several post that suggested uninstalling KB971033 (for the windows not genuine error), so I did that and the error message no longer shows.

The windows Malicious Tool update worked just fine.

Any ideas?

A:Windows 7 Update failed error 8000ffff

Uninstalling KB971033 just hides the problem, it does NOT solve it.
Please reinstall KB971033 from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971033 and then post an MGADiag report.

Please follow this tutorial and post an MGADiag report - then we can see what the problem is.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/234159-windows-genuine-activation-issue-posting-instructions.html

Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine (or inside the battery compartment), but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/howtotell/Hardware.aspx

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/257571-windows-7-update-failed-error-8000ffff.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Microsoft NET Framework Service Pack Security Update for Windows Windows XP Windows Vista Windows Server Windows and Windows Server R KB Download size MB You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect Update type Important A error Update codes!!!!! security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated remote attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft After you install this update you may have to restart your system More information http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Help and Support http support microsoft com Security Update for Microsoft Update error codes!!!!! Office Visio Viewer KB Download size MB You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect Update type Important A security vulnerability exists in Microsoft Office Visio Viewer that could allow arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modified web page is opened This update resolves that vulnerability More information http support Update error codes!!!!! microsoft com kb Help and Support http support microsoft com LN en-us Security Update for the Microsoft Office System KB Download size MB You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect Update type Important A security vulnerability exists in the Microsoft Office System that could allow arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modified file is opened This update resolves the vulnerability so that the Microsoft Office System documents are handled appropriately More information http support microsoft com kb Help and Support http support microsoft com LN en-us Security Update for the Microsoft Office System KB Download size KB You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect Update type Important This update resolves a problem that can cause programs that use the Outlook View Control with Forms such as Microsoft Office Outlook with Business Contact Manager to stop functioning as expected after Security Update for Microsoft Office Outlook KB is installed More information http support microsoft com kb Help and Support http support microsoft com LN en-us So my system is prompting me to install these updates but every time I do I get these error codes WindowsUpdate quot quot WindowsUpdate dt quot WindowsUpdate quot quot WindowsUpdate dt Does anyone know what this means And how can I correct this problem

A:Update error codes!!!!!

Try this site - look down to near the end for the easiest fix:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...7-b8ebe9e9a1cd

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/update-error-codes-422934.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I will start from the beginning A mate rang me to ask if i could fix his laptop but i was away on holiday atm told him to check some local computer stores So he did and got a local computer 9 Update IE codes WU won't Error 10 - and to fix his laptop for him When i WU won't Update IE 9 and 10 - Error codes returned to holiday i rang him to see what was fixed on his laptop and how is it running he said its fixed the store said the hard drive had bad sectors and they fixed them But slow at times and windows update is running every night So i picked up his laptop this weekend I've replaced the HD with a SSD used the Samsung migration tool came with it Ran a Disk Check WU won't Update IE 9 and 10 - Error codes on it to fix any errors that was copied across Then i looked at the Windows Update issue I noticed it was WU won't Update IE 9 and 10 - Error codes stuck on updates for IE I checked what version was installed which was Thou WU still wanted to installed version and version Tried to uninstall version but wouldn't let me saying Not all of the updates were successfully installed So i came here read your Windows Update Posting Instructions Follows the steps there Ran SURT and did a sfc scan The errors are Code C and Code C IE and IE What can i do to fix this

A:WU won't Update IE 9 and 10 - Error codes

Having problems uploading the CBS Log, it's too big for single file upload, so i split it into 3 parts, but still won't load. So i uploaded to a website and posted the link here.

CBS Log

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/305762-wu-wont-update-ie-9-10-error-codes.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello, I've been have several issues with my laptop ever since I swapped over my faulty C drive by Ghosting it onto another HDD. My troubleshooters all fail to run when I try to start them and Windows Update will not work despite the fact that I've checked and re-checked that the service is running. I've run sfc twice now with reboots in between and I've tried to repair install windows 7 using the tutorial provided by this forum, but I keep running into errors while trying to fix the problem.

I do not want to run a clean install unless I absolutely have to, but repairing it doesn't seem to work. I have the CBS log and the error codes from the troubleshooters if you need them.

A:Windows 7 repair install failed; error when trying to run Update

Start by running a couple of Startup Repairs to make sure the boot files are in order.

Post back a screenshot of Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image - Windows 7 Help Forums.

Did the clone hold activation after cloning? Check at Computer>Properties activation link.

If these are okay, then let's move to addressing the UPdates. Try each of these tutorials:
reset Windows Update components
System Update Readiness Tool fixes Windows Update errors in Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 R2, and Windows Server 2008
Windows Update - Reset - Windows 7 Forums

Report back the results of each of these steps.

Is this the original Asus factory preinstall with the bloatware and duplicate utilities that have better versions built into Win7? If so this is a corrupt install to begin with that smothers Win7 native performance. So I'd stronglly consider doing the superior Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 as you'd go from one of the worst possible installs to one of the best. Once you've done it you can preserve a backup image so you never have to do it again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/288844-windows-7-repair-install-failed-error-when-trying-run-update.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I'm trying to install update KB2639308 but it keeps saying that it fails and gives me the error code WindowsUpdate_FFFFFFFE. I looked it up online and it says that it can't update because of malware. However, when I run Norton and do a full system scan it doesn't find anything. I also tried to fix it with the Windows Update Troubleshooter and that doesn't help either. Is there anything else I can do without having to fully reinstall Windows 7 like the info on the site says? Please help.

A:Failed Windows Update, error code WindowsUpdate_FFFFFFFE

Hi,

A pre-requisite for this update is having Service Pack 1 installed. Can you confirm that this is the case?

Also, which version of Norton are you running? Is it the very latest? I have found posts where running Microsoft's own MSE doesn't find any malware, yet the error this occurs, so lets try something totally different:

Please perform an online virus scan using ESET
ESET Online Scanner

Can you also please run this tool to allow us to diagnose any other conditions that might prevent this update installing:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

1. Click the Continue button.
2. Click Copy button (ignore any error messages if they appear)
3. Paste the results here in your next reply

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/220812-failed-windows-update-error-code-windowsupdate_fffffffe.html
Relevancy 63.64%

When trying to run windows update, I come up with an error number 0x80070424. I have tried to find help with this issue on the website but no luck. Anyone have any suggestions??? Thanks in advance.

A:WIndows update failed Error number 0x80070424

Have you been here:http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;830086

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-failed-error-number-0x80070424.293692/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hoping someone can help me here. I have seen Noel DP post several resolutions but each seem custom to the errors the other user gets.

I ran SFC/Scannow with no errors. Ran Checksur and got errors.

servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-TopLevel~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.6.7600.320.mum
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-TopLevel~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.6.7600.320.mum
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-TopLevel~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.6.7600.320.cat
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-TopLevel~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.6.7600.320.cat

CBS log and CheckSUR Log attached.

A:Windows Update failed error code: 800F0900

This sounds to me like you may have to try going in and deleting the windows update catalog files and re running windows update and see what happens. If that doesnt solve the issue post back and we can take it from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/349610-windows-update-failed-error-code-800f0900.html
Relevancy 63.64%

hello about a month I have a problem - code 8000ffff Update error Windows failed with the updates of windows professional bit When I turn on the PC Windows tries to install an Windows Update failed - code error 8000ffff update it hangs at and the pc restarts times before using it after if I click on search updates I have error code ffff I tried microsoft fixit but I Windows Update failed - code error 8000ffff have not resolved this is the file of MGA please help me I'm going crazy Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - - - -XFPHJ Windows Product Key Hash FjeWkdSWrMt bkVKGJPOMAaHKUo Windows Product ID - - - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type Volume MAK Windows OS version ID B A - F- E - C -F F FBD Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Professional Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status Blocked VLK Microsoft Office Enterprise - Blocked VLK OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Users UnoCheScassa AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt B A - F- E - C -F F FBD lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -BBBBB lt PKey gt lt PID gt - - - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Acer lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt Aspire lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt Phoenix Technologies LTD lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt V lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt DA FA lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt W Europe Standard Time GMT lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt ACRSYS lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt ACRPRDCT lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Product GUID quot - - - - FF CE quot gt lt LegitResult gt lt LegitResult gt lt Name gt Microsoft Office Enterprise lt Name gt lt Ver gt lt Ver gt lt Val gt ACD E lt Val gt lt Hash gt fFic JgCreGGRxyF uMWB R Jcg lt Hash gt lt Pid gt - - - lt Pid gt lt PidType gt lt PidType gt lt Product gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot A quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot B quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot A quot Version qu... Read more

A:Windows Update failed - code error 8000ffff

Open Regedit, - File - Export - save to desktop ( creates backup of your current registery

Then locate and remove:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\COMPONENTS\PendingXmlIdentifier
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\COMPONENTS\NextQueueEntryIndex
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\COMPONENTS\AdvancedInstallersNeedResolving
Reboot - then check for updates.

Source - Microsoft.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/276122-windows-update-failed-code-error-8000ffff.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello, My windows update keeps failing on the same 5 updates with the error code 8024200D , This is really annoying me, I have tried everything on the internet i could find and nothing has worked, Can anybody help?, Thank you,

Sean.

Windows 7 Professional 64bit:

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 for x64-based Systems (KB976932)

Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2763523)

Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2533552)

Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2864058)

Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2620704)

Relevancy 63.64%

I recently did a factory restore to get rid of some malware and now for some reason updates aren't going through properly.
Everytime i shut down my computer i have 85 updates and they all fail except two.
But the error code is Code 80071A2D

Almost all the updates are Security updates.

A:Windows Failed update Error code 80071A2D

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data
If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CBA files, for a number of reasons)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/332754-windows-failed-update-error-code-80071a2d.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello The windows update keeps offering me the same update KB over and over again even after I reboot The installing information says it failed every time I try and after the attempt to install it says quot Not needed quot Code Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Installation date Installation status Failed Error details Code Update type Important Install this update to resolve issues in Windows For a complete listing of the issues that are included in 0x80073712 /error KB2887595 Failed Windows Update: this update see the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article for more information After you install this item you may have to restart your computer More information http support microsoft com kb Help and Support http support microsoft com If that doesn't happend I receive an error after trying to installed still with Windows Update Here is the details for that failed attempt Code Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Installation date Installation status Failed Error details Code Update type Important Install this update to resolve issues in Windows For a complete listing of Windows Update: Failed KB2887595 /error 0x80073712 the issues that are included in this update see the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article for more information After you install this item you may have to restart your computer More information Windows Update: Failed KB2887595 /error 0x80073712 http support microsoft com kb Help and Support http support microsoft com Please help me I have not yet installed it manually

A:Windows Update: Failed KB2887595 /error 0x80073712

Fixed after a using restore point previous to the first attempt install

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/57195-windows-update-failed-kb2887595-error-0x80073712.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi,

I have encountered error code 800F0900 with the recent Windows Update process. The followings are my screen shots and CBS logs for your perusal.

Thanks for taking time to solve my problem.

Regards.
STLai

A:Windows Update failed error code: 800F0900

If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/346084-windows-update-failed-error-code-800f0900.html
Relevancy 63.64%

hi

please could you advise on how to resolve the following

windows update error 80070490 (see cap)
kb2904266

w7 x64 sp1 home premium
acer 5742z 4gb 500gb
ie8
(not installed ie9,10 or 11 nor bing desktop)

SUR tool run
sfc /scannow stops at 12% see cap attached (see attached log)

machine appears to run ok
comodo av and firewall
malwarebytes anti exploit

malware bytes also ran no nasties found....

Thanks
jeremy

A:Failed Windows Update, error 80070490 re kb2904266

check out this link that hopefully may help ya out: December 2013 cumulative time zone update for Windows operating systems

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/314823-failed-windows-update-error-80070490-re-kb2904266.html
Relevancy 63.64%

hi ..., i need help regarding the windows update issue.
i'm using windows vista business sp2 running on lenovo thinkpad sl300.
i want to upgrade my harddrive since i need a bigger capacity. so, i try to move my data on old harddrive to a new one.
i'm already try to migrate my harddrive several ways:
1. i try to clone my harddrive with sector by sector copy
2. i try to use rescue and recovery (utilities from thinkvantage)
3. i try to use backup and restore center (windows complete pc backup)
all of them give me the result, everything works just fine, except i no longer can run windows update and all related to it, for example microsoft security essentials.
i already try to fix the windows update with microsoft fix it
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058/en-us with normal and  aggresive mode, none of them works.
can anyone help me on this?Regards, Ferry Huang

A:Windows Update Failed Error Code 0xc8000247

but when i register the dll, there are some error saying the dll is missing or not valid (something like that),
maybe some DLLs are damaged.

Please start the command prompt (cmd.exe) with admin rights [1] and run sfc [2]:

sfc.exe /scannow

Is it able to find and repair broken files (create the txt file shown under [2] and look if all files are restored)?

best regards
André

[1]
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/How-do-I-run-an-application-once-with-a-full-administrator-access-token

[2]
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833 "A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Want to install RSAT on Windows 7 Sp1? Check my HowTo: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=150221

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/54066ae6-d318-4c09-96a0-316e573c9c37/windows-update-failed-error-code-0xc8000247?forum=itprovistamigration
Relevancy 63.64%

I have been trying to update windows 7 for a few days now and i have been getting the same error message over and over again. I only have 1 important update left and like 10 optional updates. The important update is KB295664, and most of the optional ones are similar. I tried to repair network frame and nothing

A:Windows Failed to update,Error code 80070643

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/377744-windows-failed-update-error-code-80070643-a.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I've been getting the 9C59 error for a while with the Windows automatic updater. I've attempted a manual update of IE 10, but had the same error. Not sure where to go from here.

I've attached the CBS file.

Thanks.

Dennis

A:IE 10 Update Failed - Windows 7 - Error Code 9C59

CheckSUR found and fixed a large number of errors - but there are still a couple of errors remaining, which it may be able to fix if you run the tool a second time. Please post (just) the new CheckSUR.log file afterwards.

There are a couple of errors in the CBS.log which may relate to the errors outstanding in the CheckSUR - so we need to get those fixed first, and only then see if it's affected the SFC/CBS results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/296411-ie-10-update-failed-windows-7-error-code-9c59.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Greetings!
I have an Optiplex 9010 AIO. This morning I was trying to update the BIOS of my system, from A10 to A13. During the update process it showed an error: "ME FW Update Failed: Internal error: FWU_Buffer " - please see the photo below. Although the update failed on the Management Engine part, it still boots up and running OK. I tried couple of times to update the BIOS, and each time I got the same error. I tried to flash the A12 and A11 BIOS as well, A12 gives same error, and A11 has the same Management Engine version hence no use.
Any help on this is very much appreciated!

A:Optiplex 9010 AIO BIOS Update Error - ME FW Update Failed: Internal error: FWU_Buffer

Hi Stone3t,
Can you provide a screen shot showing the current BIOS version?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19534388
Relevancy 63.21%

Tried running windows update KB2545698 and it failed due to error code 800B0100. Please help!

A:Update for Windows 7 (KB2545698) failed due to error code 800B0100

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/338121-update-windows-7-kb2545698-failed-due-error-code-800b0100.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I have a HP mini 110-3000 and am trying to install the Windows 7 Service Pack 1 but every time I have tried to update, it comes up with error code 26. I have tried everything that I could think of and need assistance.

A:Windows 7 Service Pack failed to update, error code 26

Hello Krayola47, welcome to SevenForums!

Can you post the requested data please?

Windows Update Posting Instructions

Tom

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/300678-windows-7-service-pack-failed-update-error-code-26-a.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Basically when I tried to do a windows update, it downloaded about 5 other updates and installed them, but 2 updates did not download. Instead of "Downloading [updatename]... complete!" it says it failed. I tried to download/install them again after a system restart (had to restart for the updates that DID install) but no luck. I tried disabling my firewall and antivirus and tried again, didn't do anything. The error code is 0x80070005, and it just says to install the update again (which I can't do...). Specifically, the updates are "Update for Windows XP (KB951072)" and "Security Update for Windows XP (KB950974)"

Is anyone else having this problem or have any idea what to do?

A:[SOLVED] Windows Update downloads failed (error 0x80070005)

how did you solve this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-windows-update-downloads-failed-error-0x80070005-280798.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I've finally solved the problem preventing me from updating my Dell Inspiron laptop from Windows Home to Windows as described in quot Something Happened quot What Next The installation was consistently failing at the point where Windows is about to restart for the first time with a grey information window titled quot Something has happened quot with the information quot Windows installation has failed quot I've posted below how to diagnose and repair your PC to enable the Windows installation to proceed The installation should proceed smoothly once the Failed 10 Installation 0x80004005 Error Update for Solution Windows error is corrected Symptoms You are booting in UEFI mode i e you have a separate EFI System Partition ESP on your system disk You are updating from Windows to Windows using the USB install disk a mounted ISO update image or Windows Update Solution for Failed Windows 10 Update Installation Error 0x80004005 The installation consistently fails at the point where Windows is about to restart for the first time with a grey information window titled quot Something Solution for Failed Windows 10 Update Installation Error 0x80004005 has happened quot with the information quot Windows installation has failed quot The setuperr log installation error logging file contains error x towards the end of the file and there is an error message referring to quot Failed to backup BCD database quot The command bcdedit export lt yourfilename gt fails with the error quot The store export operation has failed The handle is invalid quot Diagnosis The ESP partition has become corrupted causing the failure to export the boot configuration data and failure of the Windows installer Note your PC may boot to Windows normally despite the corruption The boot configuration data on the ESP partition needs to be repaired to enable the installation to proceed Solution The successful solution I implemented is shown below Perform a full backup of your Windows system I recommend Macrium Reflect Your PC may be unbootable if the repair is not implemented correctly Boot the computer using the Windows installation bootable DVD Make sure you boot the media in the same configuration as your UEFI installation On the Windows Setup wizard click on Next and click on Repair your computer You will then see a blue screen and an option to choose Click on Troubleshoot then click on Advanced Option and then click on Command Prompt Type these commands on the Command Prompt for UEFI configuration diskpart opens Disk Partitioning tool select disk or whichever disk is your system disk list volume please note the number of the volume that has no drive letter assigned and has FAT listed in the FS column usually the only FAT volume partition select volume x lt where x is the number of - MB FAT volume with no drive letter or with label ESP EFI or SYSTEM gt assign letter Z gives drive letter Z to EFI System Partition list volume to check drive letter Z is correctly assigned exit closes Disk Partitioning tool cd d Z EFI Microsoft Boot changes current folder in Command Prompt window attrib Z EFI Microsoft Boot BCD -h -r -s removes hidden read-only and system attributes from BCD folder bootrec fixboot writes a new boot sector to the system partition ren Z EFI Microsoft Boot BCD BCD old renames BCD folder to BCD old bcdboot c Windows l en-gb s b f ALL en-gb is for the UK - use your own locale Installation Checking Your boot configuration is probably correctly configured if the following commands report correctly Confirm the PC bootsRun bcdedit and confirm boot configuration is correct You can use bcdedit enum all for the full details Run reagentc info and check recovery configuration is correct In my case Windows RE was not configured and I had to run regaentc enable to enable it Run bcdedit export lt yourfilename gt and confirm the command worksMinitool Partition Wizard may be used to explore the EFI system partition and confirm the correct files have been copied Your Windows ins... Read more

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/32684-solution-failed-windows-10-update-installation-error-0x80004005.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I am trying to install net framework and keep getting error HRESULT xc As a result I attempted to use running failed Windows Update not 0xc8000222, error Service with windows update and realized it Windows Update failed with error 0xc8000222, Service not running is failing It says the service is not running I tried installing Windows -KB -v -x and it also fails with error code xc I tried to start services using elevated command prompt and here are the results Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt net start bits The requested Windows Update failed with error 0xc8000222, Service not running service has already been started More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG C Windows system gt net start wuauserv The requested service has already been started More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG C Windows system gt NET START BFE The requested service has already been started More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG C Windows system gt NET START TRUSTEDINSTALLER The Windows Modules Installer service is starting The Windows Modules Installer service was started successfully Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Windows Update failed with error 0xc8000222, Service not running

Please run a full CHKDSK and SFC scan....

Click on Start > All Programs > Accessories
Right-click on the Command Prompt entry
Select Run as Administrator and accept the UAC prompt - the Elevated Command Prompt window should pop up.

At the Command prompt, type

CHKDSK C: /R

and hit the Enter key.
You will be told that the drive is locked,
and the CHKDSK will run at he next boot - hit the Y key, press Enter, and then reboot.

The CHKDSK will take a few hours depending on the size of the drive, so be patient!

After the CHKDSK has run, Windows should boot normally (possibly after a second auto-reboot) -
then run the SFC.

SFC -System File Checker - Instructions
Click on Start > All Programs > Accessories
Right-click on the Command Prompt entry
Select Run as Administrator and accept the UAC prompt - the Elevated Command Prompt window should pop up.

At the Command prompt, type

SFC /SCANNOW

and hit the Enter key

Wait for the scan to finish - make a note of any error messages - and then reboot.
Copy the CBS.log file created (C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log) to your desktop (you can't manipulate it directly) and then compress the copy and attach it to your reply

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/275389-windows-update-failed-error-0xc8000222-service-not-running.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Ok so I have been trying to fix these error codes 80073712 and 800B0100 for days and days on end now... I have tried pretty much everything I can think of and everything that I have read on numerous different forums and nothing at all seems to work for me...

I have deleted all anti virus software and disabled all firewalls including windows...

I have used Microsoft Fix it in agressive mode and normal mode...

I have used Windowsupdate agent, Sysytem readiness update tool etc...

I have tried manually installing these updates as well and they still fail...

I am thinking my only option left is to upgrade windows all over again...

I am running Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium on an Asus P5Q Pro Turbo that I have built....

Someone pleeeeaaaaasssse heeeelllppp!!!

A:Update error codes 800B0100 and 80073712... Tried EVERYTHING, HELP!

See this link for error code 80073712
Error number 80073712 - Windows Update

800B0100
Unable to Update error 800b0100

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/106590-update-error-codes-800b0100-80073712-tried-everything-help.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I recently retired my XP OS on me desktop last week and Clean Installed Win7 Ultimate with SP1 x86 build 7601 then updated using win update, all updates were running smoothly then updated to IE11 manually by downloading the installer, then run win update all updates were installed ok, except for these 4 updates that keeps on failing;
KB2585542
KB2785220
KB2655992
KB2506928
I have error code 800B0100

Here my CBS.

A:Win Update error codes 800B0100 and 80246007

From the looks of it you had an update which got interrupted mid-way through an install.
Here's the error-list from the CheckSUR scan.

Code:
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-ncrypt-dll_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22465_none_603a326269238bd7.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-security-schannel_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18270_none_23d8b7cfb3b95442.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-ncrypt-dll_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18270_none_5fa0c25350128c24.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-lsa_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18270_none_a80cf783bb41b5b7.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-lsa.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18270_en-us_886a4112f511d4a8.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-security-schannel_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22465_none_247227deccca53f5.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-lsa.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22465_en-us_8903b1220e22d45b.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-lsa_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22465_none_a8a66792d452b56a.manifest
servicing\packages\Package_30_for_KB2868725~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_30_for_KB2868725~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_32_for_KB2868725~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_32_for_KB2868725~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_55_for_KB2868725~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_55_for_KB2868725~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_56_for_KB2868725~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_56_for_KB2868725~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_57_for_KB2868725~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_57_for_KB2868725~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_58_for_KB2868725~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_58_for_KB2868725~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2868725_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2868725_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2868725~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2868725~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_30_for_KB2868725~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.1.cat
servicing\packages\Package_30_for_KB2868725~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.1.cat
servicing\packages\Package_32_for_KB2868725~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.1.cat
servicing\packages\Package_32_for_KB2868725~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.1.cat
servicing\packages\Package_55_for_KB2868725~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.1.cat
servicing\packages\Package_55_for_KB2868725~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.1.cat
servicing\packages\Package_56_for_KB2868725~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.1.cat
servicing\packages\Package_56_for_KB2868725~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.1.cat
servicing\packages\Package_57_for_KB2868725~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.1.cat
servicing\packages\Package_57_for_KB2868725~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.1.cat
servicing\packages\Package_58_for_KB2868725~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.1.cat
servicing\packages\Package_58_for_KB2868725~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.1.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2868725_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.1.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2868725_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.1.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2868725~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.1.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2868725~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.1.cat
I'll post a fix protocol later, when I have time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/321946-win-update-error-codes-800b0100-80246007-a.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi all System Win Prof bit SP Automatic updates went into loop few days ago when the installation of optional update KB failed Log files had several entries with x bc error Inspite of hiding the update the problem persisted Tried lot of microsoft fix it's few other stuffs and the current state of - detect failed with Windows 0x80070bc9 Looping Client Update to error the computer is a After I login into the system Windows update says quot Check for updates for your computer quot with RED Check Mark Always install updates to enhance your computer's security b When I invoke quot Check for updates quot button After sometime it shows quot Restart your computer to install important updates Windows Windows Update Client failed to detect with error 0x80070bc9 - Looping can't update important files and services while system is using them save any open c If I invoke quot Restart now' button it would repeat to step a This is in a loop now no more updates are visible in the screen including the hidden updates ReportingEvents log file a AutomaticUpdates Failure Software Synchronization Windows Update Client failed to detect with error x a bc SelfUpdate Failure Software Synchronization Windows Update Client failed to detect with error x bc Windows Update Client failed to detect with error 0x80070bc9 - Looping bc is the one which is appearing for the past weeks windows update log file - - d Agent Windows Update access disabled No - - d DnldMgr Download manager restoring downloads - - d AU AU Initializing Automatic Updates - - d AU AU disabled through User preference - - d AU Will interact with non-admins Non-admins are elevated User preference - - d AU Will display featured software notifications User preference - - d AU Initializing featured updates - - d AU Found cached featured updates - - d Report Report Initializing static reporting data - - d Report OS Version - - d Report OS Product Type x - - d Report Computer Brand Dell Inc - - d Report Computer Model Vostro - - d Report Bios Revision - - d Report Bios Name Default System BIOS - - d Report Bios Release Date - - T - - d Report Locale ID - - d AU Successfully wrote event for AU health state - - d AU Successfully wrote event for AU health state - - d AU AU finished delayed initialization - - Report CWERReporter finishing event handling OutputReport txt Failed to add and register service f -a - - - a d efe d to the data store x CheckSur LOG No errors detected Windows Update Posting Steps Installed SURT no issues SFC Scan No issues Windows Update screen shots attached Log collection Zip attached Anyway to fix windows update without reinstalling Windows Thanks Vasanth

A:Windows Update Client failed to detect with error 0x80070bc9 - Looping

Hello and welcome snvasanth try this Windows update error 0x80070BC9 with windows 7

na d it may be worth while installing the Microsoft Readiness Tool.

The error you are getting seems to be related to an Office program too - have you just installed one recently or updated it?

Anyhow the Readiness Tool is worth getting anyway.

Download System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 Edition (KB947821) [November 2012] from Official Microsoft Download Center

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/270317-windows-update-client-failed-detect-error-0x80070bc9-looping.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi when running windows update all the updates fail and give the error code 800706F7. I have retried 3 times all to the same result. i have searched for this error code and the only results i found was about removing a previous 2014 update but this was not on my computer. i have ran the System Update Readiness Tool which installed 1 update however i can still not download the other updates

A:windows update error code 800706F7 54 important updates failed

Tried again and am now also getting error codes 80246007 and 8007002

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/371496-windows-update-error-code-800706f7-54-important-updates-failed.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Auto security update seems to have created error code C0000142 and saying unable to access (?) as well as volume on computer no longer works - now what folks?  Many thanks as always.

A:windows 7 home 64 bit dell PC update failed caused error code

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post. 
Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586384/windows-7-home-64-bit-dell-pc-update-failed-caused-error-code/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi folks I have a HP Elitebook Folio p nbsp It came Failure: error Windows with failed 0x800F0922 install the Installation to following update with Windows and I installed it on my corporate domain nbsp I was trying to do Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x800F0922 some Windows updates so nbsp I could upgrade it to Windows but it fails installing the updates whether or not I try to install them one at a time or all of them nbsp It has about updates it needs from security updates to a net framework update nbsp I run Symantec EP and disabled it checked for driver updates for things like display and networking and they are all up to date I'm at a loss as to what to do nbsp It gives this error in the event log for each file Event ID Installation Failure Windows failed to install the following update with error x F Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB This is the example for KB but it gives the same error for every one nbsp I've tried to auto fix for Windows update issues and it fixed a couple of the issues but not all of them and provides no other help I also deleted folders and files from the SoftwareDistribution folder as well to no avail nbsp Any ideas what I can do to get whatever updates it needs so I can fully patch it and upgrade it to Win Thanks for any help

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7060c961-3b7c-42ba-ad84-008c357478d8/installation-failure-windows-failed-to-install-the-following-update-with-error-0x800f0922?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 61.92%

I am getting two error codes (LU1812 & LU1806) when using Live update of late. How do I fix this? Thanks.

A:Norton Live Update download error codes

I've had LU errors in the past.

When the error comes up, there is a link there (can't remember what it is called), that essentially explains the error. As well, it will take you to the Symantec site, and ultimately to a "fix" tool. Run that tool.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/norton-live-update-download-error-codes.661712/
Relevancy 61.92%

Heya. Tried finding some posts for these but it's 4 am and I need to sleep soon, so.

I keep having my computer failing to update after having them turned off (Because it would restart my computer in the middle of a digital painting... You can guess my anger levels.) now for a few months, so I know that's probably an issue.

Most of them have the 705B4 error, the ones on my list that said "failed"

Some that are "pending" are the 242014 error and 72afc and 24001e, 24607.. oh my so many error codes It would take forever to find these all.

Microsoft fix it found 80070057 code.

A walkthrough would be great thanks :'3

I've tried the Microsoft fixit things and several other forums that had issues with updates but they didn't have the same error codes...

Relevancy 61.49%

Hello all This file error failed KB2836502 Multiple Update attempts, Windows 8024200D is my first post to this forum and Multiple failed Windows Update attempts, error 8024200D file KB2836502 I must say after perusing a few posts I'm excited to post my question Multiple failed Windows Update attempts, error 8024200D file KB2836502 It looks like this is a great Multiple failed Windows Update attempts, error 8024200D file KB2836502 community I recently reformatted my computer due to intermittent crashes during resource intensive application sessions The crashes have continued with decreased frequency and make me suspect my PSU However my computer crashed during one of the first lengthy rounds of update installations after the reformat and I suspect that crash may have damaged a Windows Update installation Since then I have always had an quot updates available quot prompt and the update fails each time it tries to run I think I have narrowed it down to a single update that is not correctly installing I think this poster was encountering the same issue but it seemed wise to follow the forum recommendation not not try solutions posted for others Per the forum guidelines here are the details of my problem Used SURT and got the attached SURT results Ran SFC and got the attached results Windows Update returns error code for file KB see attached The compressed CBS log folder was too larger to attach to the post You can get it here Any and all help is much appreciated Brock Attachment Attachment Attachment Attachment

A:Multiple failed Windows Update attempts, error 8024200D file KB2836502

Try installing the patch from the download here...
Download Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2836502) from Official Microsoft Download Centre

If it fails, please post the new CBS.log file, and also the C:\Windows\windowsupdate.log file

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/320214-multiple-failed-windows-update-attempts-error-8024200d-file-kb2836502.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I followed the steps to install microsoft ATA. Unfortunately, im at stage where i downloaded ATA Gateway setup and extract the zip and ran as in administrative mode. I comes with error " Windows KB2919355 update is missing".

However i tried to install the KB2919355 (windows8.1-kb2919355-x64 707363KB), it comes up with error windows update standalone installer " the update is not applicable to your computer". I cannot seems to figure out the problem here.

Could anyone help please?

OS: windows server 2012 r2 stdType: VM x64-bitATA center was setup was seccessfully without any error. it has .NetFramework 2.0 & 3.5 installed as well.

Vinnie Grack IT Administrator/consultant, London,UK

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b30a93f1-18a1-45b8-86a1-c4a37b6c3c6d/microsoft-ata-gateway-setup-failed-with-error-windows-kb2919355-update-is-missing?forum=mata
Relevancy 61.49%

Product Name HP ENVY m j dx Operating System Microsoft Windows -bit I attempted a BIOS update earlier today codes after to with error no BIOS Notebook refuses boot update After it finished it said that the screen may be black and LED s may blink for a while after I don t remember the exact wording Well the screen was still black after about hours so I turned it off and now it refuses to boot There are no Notebook refuses to boot after BIOS update with no error codes beeps no error codes no POST nothing so I figure the BIOS must be corrupted or something I ve tried resets and the windows key b trick with no luck I ve spent a few hours trying to figure out how to Notebook refuses to boot after BIOS update with no error codes run a the BIOS from a USB but info is a bit scarce so I couldn t figure it out So what else can I try I don t really have the time nor the money to send it in for repairs but I need this computer for school by next week Edit A while ago I had to restore my laptop which erased my HP TOOLS partition So if anyone has the same or a similar laptop and still has their HP TOOLS partition a DL link would probably make this a lot easier to fix nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

Hello,

since some days i get those Error Codes, and i can't activate my Windows (it was activated already and suddenly it says it's not activated anymore), can't make any Updates and in the rightclick computer -> settings it says at the point about Activation : not available.
I uses sfc /scannow several times and did a restart between it, installed SURT but nothing helped.
I also get an error message, when i clock on copy in the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool, i attached it to this post aswell as the Update Error Screen and the CBS Folder.
I tried to inplace upgrade this windows, with a Win7 Sp1 DVD but it wont finish.

For me the only way i found to input my key for activation was using "slui 3" in the cmd box but it would not activate with the error message Cx0000022, i added a screenshot of it.

A:Error Codes C0000022 0x000001A8 Win Update and Activation Problems

The error message you got from MGADiag is common - and can be ignored, as the file almost always is properly copied to the clipboard and hence available for posting/pasting. The error itself means that the backups created couldn't be saved to disk for one reason or another.

You have a combination of error codes in the thread title which is a little unusual - but possibly not inconsistent.

The CheckSUR is interesting...

Code:
Summary:
Seconds executed: 64
No errors detected
(w) Unable to open Event Log 0x000006B5 Application OpenEventLog failed: 0x000006B5 - Die Schnittstelle ist unbekannt.
(w) Unable to open Event Log 0x000006B5 System OpenEventLog failed: 0x000006B5 - Die Schnittstelle ist unbekannt.
The SFC scan is clear - but the background data is very interesting...

Code:
2014-06-29 20:10:55, Error CBS Failed to ask UI handler to terminate. [HRESULT = 0x800706ba - RPC_S_SERVER_UNAVAILABLE]
2014-06-29 20:10:55, Info CBS Shtd: Changing shutdown timeout to a static timeout: 3600000
2014-06-29 20:10:56, Error CBS Failed to ask UI handler to terminate. [HRESULT = 0x800706ba - RPC_S_SERVER_UNAVAILABLE]
2014-06-29 20:10:57, Info CBS Exec: Processing complete. Session: 30380997_179519896, Package: Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-Package-TopLevel~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~10.2.9200.16521 [HRESULT = 0x80070005 - E_ACCESSDENIED]
2014-06-29 20:10:57, Error CBS Failed to perform operation. [HRESULT = 0x80070005 - E_ACCESSDENIED]
2014-06-29 20:10:57, Info CBS Session: 30380997_179519896 finalized. Reboot required: no [HRESULT = 0x80070005 - E_ACCESSDENIED]
2014-06-29 20:10:57, Info CBS Ending the TrustedInstaller main loop.
This seems to stem from the following ...

Code:
2014-06-29 20:12:19, Info CBS Failed call to CryptCATAdminAddCatalog. [HRESULT = 0x80070005 - E_ACCESSDENIED]
This may give us a clue where the error lies...

This can result from mistakenly setting the System32 folder and its contents to 'Read Only' status.

Open Windows Explorer (Computer)
Navigate to the C:\Windows folder
Find the System32 sub-folder and right-click on it
select Properties

Clear the 'blob' from the 'Read-only (Only applies to files in folder)' box by clicking on it until it's plain white.
Click on Apply.

Make sure that the radio button for 'Apply changes to this folder, subfolders and files' is set, and click OK.

Accept the Administrator prompt. After a couple of seconds, you'll be told there is an error - click on the 'Ignore all' button.

Wait for it to finish - it could take a couple of minutes.

OK out, and exit Windows Explorer.

Reboot twice

Post a new MGADiag report.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/336296-error-codes-c0000022-0x000001a8-win-update-activation-problems.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I have to update these two updates in order to use my university's internet connection. I have tried many, many troubleshooting methods from Microsoft's Fix-It Tool to manually installing the updates to repairing and even re-installing .NET Framework from a clean source. I have my CheckSur files attached. The CBS file was too big to upload.

Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Cannot Update KB2691442 & KB2732500 - Error Codes 800B0100 & 800F0900

Hello Leespiker and welcome to the forums

Here's the log from the latest SURT run:

Code:
=================================
Checking System Update Readiness.
Binary Version 6.1.7601.21645
Package Version 15.0
2012-08-27 22:56

Checking Windows Servicing Packages

Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs
(f) CBS MUM Corrupt 0x800F0900 servicing\Packages\Package_2_for_KB2691442~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.3.mum Line 1: INDX(
(f) CBS MUM Corrupt 0x800F0900 servicing\Packages\Package_for_KB2691442~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.3.mum Line 1: INDX(
(f) CBS MUM Corrupt 0x800F0900 servicing\Packages\Package_for_KB2705219~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.mum Line 1: INDX(

Checking Package Watchlist

Checking Component Watchlist

Checking Packages

Checking Component Store
I have extracted the files from the update and attached them to this post (Extracted.zip), please download and extract this file to your desktop. There will be two files:

package_2_for_kb2691442~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.3.mum
package_2_for_kb2691442~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.3.cat

Copy and paste these files into the following location:

%Windir%\Temp\CheckSur\Servicing\Packages

Where %Windir% is usually C:\Windows

Then rerun the SURT and copy and paste the CheckSUR.persist.log as before.

Tom

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/249439-cannot-update-kb2691442-kb2732500-error-codes-800b0100-800f0900.html
Relevancy 61.06%

At my wit's end Cannot find the Systems x64-based Error Windows 8000FFFF (KB971644) Platform for Vista Update Failed right Platform Update for Windows Vista x64-based Systems (KB971644) Failed Error 8000FFFF answer anywhere I had to use restore points to get Media Center TV Pack installed on SP It is working pretty well Windows update had lots of problems but finally got SP reloaded Now I'm looking to get Windows Live Family Safety installed but it requires Platform Update I read about how Platform Update for Windows Vista x64-based Systems (KB971644) Failed Error 8000FFFF this fails because of issues in Update but the quot fixes quot don't do any good I've tried using the FixIt I've tried installing standalone Update packages related and unrelated I've tried the manual fix that edits the registry I haven't seen any other suggestions besides start all over with a new install of Vista and try to do it all in sequence the right way the first time I'm not even sure what that would be anyway and I really don't want to start all over just to get a peripheral bit of software to work Anyone else find the quot magic key quot to this problem that is not sharing it out on the Internet

A:Platform Update for Windows Vista x64-based Systems (KB971644) Failed Error 8000FFFF

Here are the results of Windows Update Posting Instructions.

CBS.zip

I attempted to perform the update again and the same error is still there: Code 8000FFFF

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/302778-platform-update-windows-vista-x64-based-systems-kb971644-failed-error-8000ffff.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi chaps this is my first time posting here but have used this website for help in the past I can usually fix my own problems but with these I see there is not straight answer I hope someone can help as this has defeated me I'll try to provide all information in the instructions thread but if you need anything else please ask Really hope you guys can help Error codes B E amp Installed SURT http support microsoft com kb 80070103 8007065E, error update 800736B3, codes Constant failure, Ran sfc scannow Quote C Users Administrator gt sfc scannow Beginning system scan This process will take some time Beginning verification phase of system scan Verification complete Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations Rebooted Ran sfc scannow again Quote C Users Administrator gt sfc scannow Beginning system scan This process will take some time Beginning verification phase of system scan Verification complete Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations Retried updates - Failed with above error codes still At this point I collected logs but I'm still stumped

A:Constant update failure, error codes 800736B3, 8007065E, 80070103

The error codes all relate to registry problems.
There's no errors in the posted logs - please post a couple of the CBSPersist logs, and the C:\Windows\windowsupdate.log file.

Please also list the KB numbers involved.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/347622-constant-update-failure-error-codes-800736b3-8007065e-80070103-a.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I installed the latest round of Windows updates for my Win x install and it never completed ran for about hours so I powered off the machine Upon restarting it said Code quot Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause quot and has instructions for 7 failed Startup update failed boot. Windows and won't laptop repair using Windows 7 update failed and laptop won't boot. Startup repair failed system repair then at the bottom File Boot BCD Status Oxc f Info An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data So I booted off a Windows recovery disk and figured Startup Repair would fix it Alas after it says quot Windows found problems with your computer's startup options quot and asks me if I want to repair I click quot repair and restart quot and it says quot Failed to save startup options quot Code The quot repair details quot are Name bootmgr Identifier The following options will be added Name Windows Recovery Environment recovered Path Recovery Winre wim Windows Device Partition D I've tried running Startup Repair from the manual options screen and it says it cannot repair automatically I have two partitions the MB windows System partition which Recovery Console mounts as C and my main windows partition which it mounts as D and I can see all of my files on it Running quot bootrec repairbcd quot gives me quot Total identified Windows Installations quot I'm not sure if there might be something fishy with the way it's detecting my partition table I just have a single drive and a single installation of Win on it When I run diskpart in recovery and do list vol I get Code Volume Ltr Label FS Type Size Status Info Volume C System NTFS Partition MB Healthy Volume D NTFS Partition GB Healthy It seems that it's detecting the MB recovery partition or whatever that is as C I'm not sure if one of these is supposed to be active or how Windows updates would even screw that up but something is weird because it won't detect my windows install This sucks Help

A:Windows 7 update failed and laptop won't boot. Startup repair failed

Have you run bootrec /fixmbr and bootrec /fixboot?
Then, if it doesn't boot, run bootrec /RebuildBcd (from this KB article: How to use the Bootrec.exe tool in the Windows Recovery Environment to troubleshoot and repair startup issues in Windows )

c0000005 is STATUS_NO_SUCH_FILE - which means it can't find File: \Boot\BCD

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/164865-windows-7-update-failed-laptop-wont-boot-startup-repair-failed.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have been receiving many failed updates, and i have tried methods like using the troubleshooting method to fix it. I have also tried downloading the updates from Microsoft center which still doesn't work as it stated as "ungenuine update"...
I have been getting windows failure to update during my windows start up.

PLease help thanks!

A:Many failed update on history windows failed to configure startup

Hello smeraldan and welcome to Seven Forums.

My usual disclaimer: I'm not an expert at anything. Sometimes malware can prevent Windows Updates from installing. Run a full scan with your personal anti-malware suite. Then use the free Malwarebytes to run another full scan. (No anti-malware product is 100% effective 100% of the time. If there was such a thing we'd all be using it.)

Malwarebytes

Another possible problem is if system files became damaged or corrupt. I'd run a system file checker scan from an elevated command prompt (option two.) If problems are found run the scan 3 times rebooting in between each scan.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

You could also try running the System Update Readiness Tool if you haven't already done so.

System Update Readiness Tool fixes Windows Update errors in Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 R2, and Windows Server 2008

Try installing the updates again, but this time just do a few at a time (maybe only 5 or so.) Keep track of the KB numbers. Start with the critical updates, then the important, and save the optional for last. If a group of 5 installs OK go on to the next group. If any group fails to install you'll know which group to uninstall. Try installing just one update at a time. If they install OK go on to the next group. Otherwise just ignore the problem update(s) for the time being and continue installing in groups of 5.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/254379-many-failed-update-history-windows-failed-configure-startup.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Windows Update populates the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Component Based Servicing\ApplicabilityEvaluationCache.  With information about each updates ApplicabilityState and CurrentState.
Technet article
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc732334(v=WS.10).aspx#I explains some of them, however I am also getting HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Component Based Servicing\ApplicabilityEvaluationCache\Package_for_KB2425227~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1\ApplicabilityState
0x00000070 (112).
On some systems the files are not up to date but when the install is run it says it is successfully installed.
Does anyone have any more information on this and what it may mean?

A:Windows Update: Does anyone know what the ApplicabilityState codes mean?

Hi,

This registry should save the update information. Please understand that the registry key on different system architectures or versions maybe different, so you need to verify these information. 

And then check whether the update has been installed, you can go to control panel -> programs -> view installed updates to find whether KB2425227 is listed. If so, you don?t need to install the update again.

Also you can check whether the packages ?Package_XXX_for_KB2425227_XXXX_~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1? are listed in C:\Windows\servicing\Packages on these systems. If they are listed, we can confirm that the update has been installed correctly.

For your reference, you can refer the ?Additional files for all supported x64-based versions of Windows 7 and of Windows Server 2008 R2? in this article

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2425227#Win7Server08R2

Hope it helps.
Vincent Wang
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/62c89ffa-dc8d-4d6c-a880-b8bd462c9320/windows-update-does-anyone-know-what-the-applicabilitystate-codes-mean?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 58.05%

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, 64-bit
Ran System Update Readiness Tool and SFC /scannow (no problems found in SFC, but it ran so fast I wonder if it ran correctly). Also I ran SFC several times, rebooted, and ran it several more times.

Here are the updates I tried to run and the error codes:
KB2862330 (Code 80073712)
KB2984972 (Code 80073712)
KB2894844 (Code 80073712)
Internet Explorer 11 (Code 9C57)

I tried to upload the CBS.zip file, but got "500 - Internal Server Error." The zip file is 9.5MB, and the table says a max of 8MB is allowed. Is it possible to shrink it more?

Thanks for any help!

A:Windows Update - four failures (Codes 80073712 and 9C57)

Delete the oldest CBSPersist file, and try again - or upload the file to a fileshare service (preferably DropBox or OneDrive) and post a link

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/350102-windows-update-four-failures-codes-80073712-9c57.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi guys,

I ran into Windows Update Errors Codes 80073712 and 9C57 when I try to run Windows Update on Windows 7 Professional SP1.

I've attached with this post a screenshot of the Windows Update error as well as the CBS logs.

I ran the latest System Update Readiness Tool (Feb 2014) before trying Windows Update again but it still gave me errors.

I also ran a SFC Scan using Admin privileges and attached a screenshot of it (which produced no errors although it finished in less than 10 seconds).

Please let me know how I can fix it and if you guys need anymore info to aid in your diagnostics please let me know.

I appreciate all the help!

A:Windows 7 Update Errors Codes 80073712 and 9C57

You have registry corruption.

CheckSUR shows..

Code:
Checking Packages
(f) CSI Unable to Query Store Version 0x00000002
the background CBS log shows this..

Code:
2014-02-27 00:12:33, Error CSI 0000004c (F) STATUS_SXS_COMPONENT_STORE_CORRUPT #94731# from CCSDirectTransaction::OperateEnding at index 0 of 32 (0x0000000000000020) operations, disposition 0[gle=0xd015001a]
2014-02-27 00:12:33, Error CSI 0000004d (F) HRESULT_FROM_WIN32(14098) #93784# from Windows::ServicingAPI::CCSITransaction::ICSITransaction2_AddComponents(Flags = 4, a = @0x2a26f70, mp = @0x2a27770, disp = 0)[gle=0x80073712]
2014-02-27 00:12:33, Info CBS Failed to add one or more component [HRESULT = 0x80073712 - ERROR_SXS_COMPONENT_STORE_CORRUPT]
2014-02-27 00:12:33, Error CBS Failed to complete component closure [HRESULT = 0x80073712 - ERROR_SXS_COMPONENT_STORE_CORRUPT]
The SFC log is only 6 components long - it should be 6000++ !

I need to have a look at your COMPONENTS registry hive

Please copy the C:\Windows\System32\config\COMPONENTS file (no extension) to your desktop and then compress it - upload the compressed file to your favoured fileshare site (preferably Dropbox or OneDrive) and post a link.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/323523-windows-7-update-errors-codes-80073712-9c57.html
Relevancy 57.19%

i just installed google chrome from online installer and then i moved the file using application mover to the HDD.. then i pasted a symlink in "C:\Program Files (x86)\" ... "C:\" is the SSD where the windows and the drivers are installed.... when i turn on chrome everything works file.. but the updater doesn't work... when i try to update i get this:

can anyone help me get that fixed.. thanks!

A:Update failed (error: 3)An error occurred while checking for updates:

Just uninstall Chrome then install it directly to the destination you want it installed instead of moving it post installation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/346220-update-failed-error-3-error-occurred-while-checking-updates.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I was doing a prep for installing Windows 10, now, I got message that I could not go any further because of

Windows 7 update failed on "Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3102429), the error code is 80200011.
Please help me resolve this problem, so I can upgrade to Windows 10

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/57594b76-a037-46f9-b294-cd6d3fdd5f1f/windows-7-update-failed-on-quot-update-for-windows-7-for-x64based-systems-kb3102429?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi

Recently had a work laptop passed onto me as part of my new job.

I cannot get Windows Update to work - either minor updates or IE11 which is the only important update to install.

IE11 fails on install, the minor updates fail to configure after rebooting after an update.

I have tried every solution I can find on the internet but cannot get it to work at all.

Not sure if this is part of the problem but I changed the main admin user name following this seven forums tutorial:

User Profile Folder - Change User Account Folder Name

It all went to plan except couldn't do step 22 as have Windows 7 Home Premium.

This is driving me up the wall - I have spent hours trying to fix it and am getting nowhere.

Has anyone got any advice I can try?

Thanks

Nick

A:Windows Update fails repeatedly. Codes 8007054F, 9C59, 800F0826

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/326760-windows-update-fails-repeatedly-codes-8007054f-9c59-800f0826.html
Relevancy 56.33%

anybody have any ideas?
have tried sfc /scannow
also the steps in this Windows Update Error 80246008 in Windows 7 - Fix
but to no avail, i still receive the error message

i have also used take ownership on the downloader file in programdata/microsoft/network
and was able to start bits service once i then re enabled windows update. it hung for awhile so i restarted and got the same error for bits, tried take ownership again, but still get the same error
screenshot included

A:Windows Updates Failed BITS failed to start error code 2147024894

Also...

Open Event Viewer
click on the Windows logs entry in the left pane to expand it.
Now click on the Application entry - wait while it loads.
Click on 'File' in the menu bar and select Save...
Save the file as Appevt.evtx
Repeat for the System log
then zip both, and upload them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/334252-windows-updates-failed-bits-failed-start-error-code-2147024894-a.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I recently came across a problem where this troubleshooter says my windows update is missing or corrupt. Is there anything wrong with my computer?

A:Failed resetting windows update with windows update automated troubleshooter

Your firewall settings may be blocking Windows Updates, or because the proxy override settings are incorrect:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/900936
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883821 (scroll down for the Fixit for the 0x8024402C error code you received, or instructions on how to fix it yourself)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504517/failed-resetting-windows-update-with-windows-update-automated-troubleshooter/
Relevancy 55.9%

I would like to delete the failed updates list in Windows 7 Update.  I have done this in the past but forget exactly the process.

I think you go to Windows Folder-Software Distribution.  After deleting everyhting in the folder., i think you are to restart the computer.  Once finished the list of updates in Windows Update will be cleared. 

Please correct if I am wrong.  Thanks in advance for your assistance.

A:Failed Updates in Windows Update. Want to clear update list?

This is the way I suggest :

Go to start > type in cmd > right click at cmd.exe > Run as Administrator.

Type in "net stop WuAuServ" without quotes > hit enter.

Type in "start %windir%\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore" without quotes > hit enter. A folder will come up. Don't close that black window.

Rename file "DataStore" to "DataStoreold" without quotes.

Go to that black screen, Type in "net Start WuAuServ" without quotes > hit Enter. After it finished you can close it.

Now your Windows Update logs will now cleared.

Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504610/failed-updates-in-windows-update-want-to-clear-update-list/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello,

I'm receiving an Error on Windows startup:

Registry update failed

When I click OK, it shows UserInitialisationDone error:

System\CurrentControlSet\Services\TBUPDDNT\Parameters

What does it all mean?

Thanks.

A:Registry update failed Error

Originally Posted by Irina

Hello,

I'm receiving an Error on Windows startup:

Registry update failed

When I click OK, it shows UserInitialisationDone error:

System\CurrentControlSet\Services\TBUPDDNT\Parameters

What does it all mean?

Thanks.

Hi Irina

I think that an entry is incomplete
Have you installed/uninstalled new software recently?
Try using CCleaner registry cleaner
If this fails a system restore might help

I hope this helps

Pooch

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/197386-registry-update-failed-error.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I Update Flash Failed Error have a Pentium Failed Flash Update Error system I built Failed Flash Update Error about years ago The system has been stable and running smoothly until today There were a number of XP Security updates that needed to be installed so while I was working on a different PC I decided I had time to install these updates The update installation routine ran without problem until time to reboot I gave the okay to reboot and returned to my work on the second PC After several minutes I noticed that the screen was blank as if the PC had shut down I started to hit the start button but noticed that the power light was on After checking things out all cables plugged in etc I hit the start button The PC shut down and then restarted I got the intel boot screen heard a single beep from the motherboard and then nothing I repeated these steps twice with no change Finally I unplugged the PC waited seconds plugged it in and rebooted This time after the intel screen and beep I see text that says quot Flash Update Failed Press F to continue quot or something very similar I pressed F but nothing but a black screen with a horizontal cursor flashing in the upper left corner This sounds like a failed bios update except that I was not updating the bios There were no disks in any drive and I had not downloaded a bios update I also keep my PC reasonably secure running ZoneAlarm Symantec A V Corporate and WebRoot SpySweeper with fresh updates and recent scans So does anyone have any ideas here Does it sound like the bios is dead and with it the motherboard I can live with replacing the board and cpu if I have to but I would really like some ideas as to why this might have happened Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

i have not so mutch to give more then i have problem patching all my games. it pop upp says Failed to update host, both for NeverWinter,SWTOR,Tera,Wow.

and what happen is that i run the game---> patch loading for (1sec)----->Close---> (window) with the error Failed to update host ----->(Klick OK) ---->>> same thing over again

i guess some thing happend when i flushed the DNS. would some one like to help me i would really be glad ! thx .

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/error-failed-to-update-host-695816.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey everyone,

I have BSODs at various moments; they sometimes happen when I'm doing stuff on the computer, sometimes when my PC is completely idle at night. I can't corelate them to anything happening on my computer nor any driver in particular. This is a custom installation of W8 (triple-boot, without a recovery partition), which makes certain Windows Update updates impossible to install, too.

The computer is a Lenovo G710 with all pretty up-to-date drivers, AFAIK.

Here is the ZIP I have created using the tool attached to the forum. Could anyone help me with analyzing it and perhaps give me a hint how to do it myself in the future?

Thanks in advance!
~ phoe

A:BSOD on Windows 8.1 - various error codes

Please disable Nvidia streaming service within services.msc. Uninstall DT and remove its SPTD.sys driver (by using its installer from duplex secure website) and uninstall some Bazis emulation software.
If the issues persist, enable Driver Verifier to help us pinpoint the cause by testing the drivers. Driver Verifier - BSOD related - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista - Sysnative Forums

Code:
BazisVirtualCDBus.sys Mon Aug 8 20:11:12 2011 (4E4026C0)
WinCDEmu virtual CDROM driver - Bazis Inc
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=BazisVirtualCDBus.sys

btwl2cap.sys Thu Jul 26 17:14:41 2012 (50115EE1)
Broadcom Bluetooth L2CAP Servicen
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=btwl2cap.sys

AcpiVpc.sys Sun Feb 17 02:52:02 2013 (512037C2)
Lenovo ACPI Virtual Power Controller
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AcpiVpc.sys

btwavdt.sys Thu Apr 18 19:27:13 2013 (51702CF1)
Broadcom Bluetooth AVDT Service
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=btwavdt.sys

btwaudio.sys Thu Apr 18 19:29:23 2013 (51702D73)
Broadcom Bluetooth Audio Device
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=btwaudio.sys

AmUStor.SYS Mon May 27 11:08:18 2013 (51A32282)
ALCOR Micro SD Card Controller
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AmUStor.SYS

bcmwl63a.sys Sat Jun 1 06:59:47 2013 (51A97FC3)
Broadcom 802.11 Network Adapter wireless driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=bcmwl63a.sys

btwrchid.sys Thu Jun 20 02:23:46 2013 (51C24B92)
Bluetooth Remote Control HID Minidriver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=btwrchid.sys

IntelPcc.sys Wed Jul 3 05:25:40 2013 (51D399B4)

IntelPcc.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

L1C63x64.sys Tue Jul 16 08:56:31 2013 (51E4EE9F)
Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=L1C63x64.sys

bcbtums.sys Wed Aug 7 17:11:22 2013 (5202639A)
Broadcom Bluetooth Firmware Download Filter driver from Broadcom Corporation.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=bcbtums.sys

stwrt64.sys Mon Aug 12 05:59:49 2013 (52085DB5)
SigmaTel High Definition Audio Codec
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=stwrt64.sys

SynTP.sys Wed Aug 14 04:53:25 2013 (520AF125)
Synaptic Touch Pad Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=SynTP.sys

Smb_driver_Intel.sys Wed Aug 14 04:55:42 2013 (520AF1AE)

Smb_driver_Intel.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

TeeDriverx64.sys Mon Aug 19 19:23:31 2013 (52125493)
Intel Management Engine Interface driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=TeeDriverx64.sys

intelppm.sys Thu Aug 22 10:46:35 2013 (5215CFEB)
Intel Processor driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=intelppm.sys

vm331avs.sys Fri Aug 30 05:10:29 2013 (52200D25)
VM0331 Digital Camera
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=vm331avs.sys

btwampfl.sys Fri Aug 30 20:32:26 2013 (5220E53A)
Broadcom bluetooth driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=btwampfl.sys

dump_iaStorA.sys Wed Sep 18 17:33:51 2013 (5239C7DF)
driver created to provide disk access during crash dump file generation
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=dump_iaStorA.sys

iaStorA.sys Wed Sep 18 17:33:51 2013 (5239C7DF)
Intel RST (Rapid Storage Technology) driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iaStorA.sys

sptd.sys Thu Oct 31 16:26:53 2013 (527276BD)
SCSI Pass Through Direct Host - Daemon Tools (known BSOD issues with Win7)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=sptd.sys

pbfilter.sys Tue Nov 19 06:56:06 2013 (528AFD76)
Peerblock
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=pbfilter.sys

biont_bs.sys Sat Apr 12 00:10:48 2014 (53486868)

biont_bs.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the D... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/59894-bsod-windows-8-1-various-error-codes.html