Windows Support Forum

GPU upgrade or not? (AGP 8x slot, 300w PSU)

Q: GPU upgrade or not? (AGP 8x slot, 300w PSU)

Hi all I have some (AGP 300w GPU upgrade not? PSU) slot, or 8x fairly specific questions that are related to graphics cards upgrades with respect to PSUs so allow me to lay out the background of the system first and then get into my questions second First system details Intel P Northwood GPU upgrade or not? (AGP 8x slot, 300w PSU) GHz ASUS P SD-VX I believe that this is a Sony OEM board GB GPU upgrade or not? (AGP 8x slot, 300w PSU) PC DDR GPU upgrade or not? (AGP 8x slot, 300w PSU) SDRAM Corsair something or other x MB ATI Radeon Pro MB x RPM IDE harddrive x DVD-RW DVD RW drives floppy drive Sound Blaster PCI card mm case fan mm CPU fan stock fans Putting all this into the eXtreme Power Supply Calculator here gives me a recommended PSU wattage of W Even with the quot capacitor aging quot factor turned up to the system is years old I only get W Now my PSU is rated at W with A max on the single V rail It has NEVER---repeat NEVER---overheated been unstable crashed blue screened or done anything that I didn t want it to do Lucky me Here are my questions Is the current video card a quot balanced quot card for my system set-up Could I feasibly run a more robust card given the CPU RAM etc FSB is MHz Read---I want to run a more robust card and want to know if it s worth the effort However I m concerned about CPU and FSB bottlenecks Regardless of balanced components what is the most robust card my system can run Also Is my PSU enough to run a more robust card I ve gotten very wary of people hollering about more wattage because I ve never had any sort of power problem with the PRO in this system and I ve seen lots of discussion about how one should have at least a W PSU to run that card Then again I could be running a dangerously overloaded system and have not known it Please let me know I don t have budget constraints in that the only thing I m ready to change in the set-up is the video card I would love to hear suggestions on how to optimize the system but getting a new mobo PSU CPU isn t really an option at this point Only game I really play is WoW but I m quite attached to it and would like for it to look better than it does at this point Also given how tight the PSU component match-up is overclocking won t come into the picture at all That s it for questions right now Thanks in advance for reading Ruu nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: GPU upgrade or not? (AGP 8x slot, 300w PSU)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: GPU upgrade or not? (AGP 8x slot, 300w PSU)

If all you play is WoW that system should be fine. And you even said it runs perfect for you. It doesn't look like you need an upgrade if you're just playing WoW...Unless you plan on playing new games.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gpu-upgrade-or-not-agp-8x-slot-300w-psu.109638/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello!

I'm currently running on an eMachines ET1831-07, and as such have a 250w power supply and just a chipset. (I have no idea what I'm talking about, this is what my fiancé told me to post. I trust him because he's a computer science major >.>) I was wondering if there's a power supply with 300w output that I can upgrade to without.. Err.. Melting my motherboard, since the only graphics cards I can find that he says will make any difference on my game quality require 300w.

I'm not looking for max fps, or high quality graphics or anything, I just want the games to be playable.

Thanks much!
~Hannah

Edit: If anyone could also recommend a graphics card that I could use, I'd really appreciate that too! I have one PCI 16 pin slot open, and one PCI express pin slot according to my fiancé. Thank you!

A:Upgrade to 300W power supply for a 300W graphics card?

hi AsiaNeko
for a 300W power supply there is a lot of options to choose from :
check this link:
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp....,cf.osb&fp=cfc5c5d23709da28&biw=1440&bih=788
and for a recommendation for a graphics card ,first i need to know what kind of games you play

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-to-300w-power-supply-for-a-300w-graphics-card.173011/
Relevancy 66.22%

I currently have an old PC that came with a Bestec ATX-100-5 power supply. The PC is an HP Pavilion XG825.

I'm looking for a replacement power supply that is at least 300W and preferably 350W or greater.

Does anyone know where I can find a 300W or greater replacement power supply for an ATX-100-5?

Thanks,
Craig

A:300W+ upgrade for Bestec ATX-100-5

Welcome to TechSpot

how about this?
http://www.directron.com/ap320w.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/300w-upgrade-for-bestec-atx-100-5.15608/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi , im new around here and I just want to know that can i upgrade my graphic card if i only have standard PCI slot ?

A:Graphics upgrade, only have PCI slot

hello and welcome; here are couple of options of PCI Video Cards for your system, if your system is bit older, it should still have AGP slot. Can you please give your system's specifications?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-upgrade-only-have-pci-slot.142223/
Relevancy 52.03%

My Hp Pavilion g tx did not pose any problems for years But a week ago I upgraded my RAM from to gb The shopkeeper inserted hynix gb nbsp ddr ram So Can Other... one I ram 8gb 4g in to my slot. upgrade memory ram that makes two rams in my loptop nbsp - Samsung Came when I purchased laptop years ago - gb ddr Hynix b ddr nbsp After a week my laptop stoped working Showing it two service center they said one of my nbsp memory slot is damaged and can't be used nbsp So now I had only one memory slot active with gb ram inside it My Question nbsp is - CAN I INSERT GB RAM IN ONE MEMORY SLOT SINCE OTHER ONE IS DAMAGED nbsp OF MY PAVILION G TX MOTHERBOARD nbsp If yes then please tell me - Of what type of ram should I be looking for Sepecification From where should I buy Crucial got gb ram which I can't usePlease reply ASAP nbsp Thanks amp RegardsPrince Soni

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-I-upgrade-my-4g-ram-to-8gb-ram-in-one-memory-slot-Other/td-p/5714534
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi People,

I have an old Dell Dimension XPX T600 PC. I want to upgrade the cpu. However its a Slot A. I'm told that I don't have to upgrade the entire slot, just the cpu. How do I do this?

Also, what is the max cpu my slot A pc will take.

Thanks,
Kappy

Relevancy 52.03%

It has been a while since I worked with a slot 1 CPU. I would like to upgrade a slot 1 Celeron with a 66 MHz FSB to a Pentium III slot 1 CPU with a 100 MHz FSB.

If the FSB remains at 66 MHz due to the MB, will the PIII CPU still work, but a a reduced speed?

Thank you:
Rhyder

Relevancy 51.6%

Hello quick question, I am trying to upgrade my old tiny from a pentium 2 400 mhz slot, to a 1.3 G celeron using a 370 socket to slot converter, but when i power up the screen does not come on, Will it even work if so what am i doing wrong. P.s. I have changed the bus switching to 4x on the motherboard.

thanks bubba.

A:360 socket to slot converter upgrade

My experience has been that it never works. Ive tried to use one of thos converter boards on a number of occasions and its never worked.

Meckter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/360-socket-to-slot-converter-upgrade.76988/
Relevancy 51.6%

1. Expansion SlotWhat is the expansion slot specification for this model as we would like to add a dedicated graphics card with DisplayPort ? 2. MemoryHow many memory slots does it have on the motherboard ?What type of memory is required ?What is the maximum memory supported on the motherboard ? 

Solved!

Go to Solution.

A:XC-704 Expansion Slot & Memory Upgrade

Ok, Sorry looking up the model at Kingston and a couple other sites didn't show your computer and seeing I hadn't seen any I was confused. Based on what I have found maybe a Model from other country.  With that said it looks like it comes with 2gig DDR3L Ram and is Upgradable to 8Gig Also looks like yours comes With 1 PCI Express x16 Slot. I am not sure with the PSU and with that slot if you would be able to upgrade to a different Graphics Card. GPU and size of case would put a huge limit on what could be able to fit...  James

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/XC-704-Expansion-Slot-amp-Memory-Upgrade/td-p/392919
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi, can anyone tell me how to access the second slot in my e-system 1511. I was told it was under the keyboard. I can unclip the clips but there seems to be something else holiding it down. I ve looked at the back and can see no screw with kb next to it to indicate that, that is the screw for the keypad.
Appreciate any advice. I have upgraded the first memory. I ordered 2gb and this came in two of 1gb so I am assuming there is a second slot.
Thanks

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi guys,

My DVD drive is broken beyond repair, and I've forgotten my USB at home.

I have the installation saved on my desktop, but it won't let me downgrade unless its a reboot. Does anyone have a good multiboot program that will let me install XP on my computer?

A:Windows Upgrade/Downgrade with a broken CD slot

Can I ask why you're posting in a Vista forum even though the problem is germain to any operating system?

You can multiboot in Vista and Win 7 as long as you install XP on a separate partition. Have you considered installing XP in Virtual XP which is available for Win 7 ultimate. Then you wouldn't need your drive.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/297453-windows-upgrade-downgrade-broken-cd-slot.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello my Optiplex just arrived this week nbsp I bought a Kingston mb SATA ssd in slot Tower upgrade.... 7040 Optiplex Mini M.2 a stick so I m trying to see if I can use this for my main boot drive Windows and then move the gb Sata drive over to a storage drive When I install the mb stick into the M slot and load the bios nbsp nbsp It shows up under General System Information PCI information Slot M amp also under Device Information SATA- nbsp nbsp When I look under System Configuration Drives it also shows up under SATA- here as well nbsp However it s showing up as a gb Drive under type So when I boot from a USB drive to try and reinstall Windows on this M stick it Optiplex 7040 Mini Tower M.2 slot upgrade.... s not showing up at all When I connect the M SATA drive and load Windows on the existing SATA drive that came with the the M Optiplex 7040 Mini Tower M.2 slot upgrade.... stick shows up in device manager under the hard drives nbsp The serial there corresponds to a Toshiba-form hdd unfortunately I can t do anything with it in Windows SATA operation is set to AHCI and I am booting into legacy with the USB Any thoughts nbsp I m wondering if maybe I have a dead memory stick nbsp There s no real way I can test it on another computer to see what happens

A:Optiplex 7040 Mini Tower M.2 slot upgrade....

For Windows 10 you should have a UEFI Boot with SecureBoot Enabled. The USB should be made using the GPT partition scheme for UEFI BIOS. I hope you mean 120 GB and not 120 MB....
See here for details:
http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/download-windows-10-oem-and-retail-iso/ 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19997156
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello Lenovo Forums, I am trying to install Windows 10 on my SM951 256GB m.2 ssd. Unfortunately, while it is recognized as a drive in windows, and in the bios, it is not considered a bootable device. When installing windows, it goes directly on the current c://. What am I doing wrong? Much Consideration, Xenda

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Lenovo y700-15ISK ssd upgrade m.2 slot WIN 10 inst...

Upon some inspection through some forums, I have gotten it recognized in the boot menu. Windows still insists on installing to the hhd, though.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-y700-15ISK-ssd-upgrade-m-2-slot-WIN-10-install/td-p/2264235
Relevancy 49.02%

Here are the specs on my parents old computer:

eMonster | 600, 550, 500 and 500a
Napoli-2 Micro ATX (STX V1.2 form factor) motherboard, TriGem, Korea Single Edge Contact Cartridge design with Slot 1 connector Intel 443 ZX core and ITE8673F Super I/O controller
Add-on AGP 3D graphics accelerator slot Crystal CS4281/CS4280 built-in Sound Blaster Pro, MPC-3, MPU-401 compatible Audio Enhanced Stereo full duplex operation

I bought Zoo Tycoon 2 for the kids to use on their computer, and the processor need to be upgraded to at least 733mHz. I ordered a Slot 1 866 MHz Pentium processor through eBay and just tried it out in the computer, but my computer does not boot-nothing on the screen-no beep (to my recollection). The 600mHz processor had a fan and the 866mHz did not come with a fan.
Do I need a special processor for this motherboard? Or do I have a defective processor? And do I need to order a fan for whichever processor I reorder?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/kids-want-to-play-with-xmas-present-upgrade-slot-1-processor-on-napoli-motherboard.40359/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi 300W is the What gpu get psu a can best on i Wich gpu is the best one for What is the best gpu i can get on a 300W psu a psu with w max on the v rail and A max on the v and A max on the - v dont know anything about the v rail and - Considering a radeon or a Will go for a or better if it has the power If you need more specs from the psu ill help you out This is the full easy list of the specs i picked up W psu W max v rail v A - v A Please do answeres thats about this and do help me Keep it inside the barriers I just whant to know wich gpu i can go for or if i can go for something better worse without blowing my psu I know i should get a better psu but right now i wont do it So i whant to know what i can use for it wich is the best gpu to go for or if you know a better one with the same or less power consumption

A:What is the best gpu i can get on a 300W psu

Btw. Looked up some other forums and they say the 7770 would run fine. Its only drawing 80w at load. I dont know the amp draw though.. Ive heard it does make difference if the amp from the pau is low or high.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/285612-what-best-gpu-i-can-get-300w-psu.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi im getting an AGP graphics card, (YES THEY STILL DO MAKE EM) and i have a 300w psu. Will 300 be enough to run the card, if not what would happen? Even if the manufacture reccomends 450w will they work on 300w? I really dont have the money to buy a psu. BUT if i do buy a new psu... is there a watt limit for the mobo it is a foxconn SIS661FX MR. I have a 300w in there now, what is the max? does anyone know?

A:AGP 300w psu enough

What gpu?

Basically, if its not enough power, you'll get freezes and crashing... Gpu manmufactuers often over do theyre needed psu needs, so its quite possible it could work.

There is no limit to what a mobo can have for a psu, as the components only draw what they need. You'll just be less efficent with the power, as there is usually a higher efficiency loading point.

SilverStone Technology Co., Ltd - Designing Inspiration=

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/282131-agp-300w-psu-enough.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Ive just installed a new MoBo for a friend and we also bought a new PSU as the old one died from capacitor plague The fan inside the new PSU doesn t spin when turned on I tried it before I installed it and when turning the power switch to ON there seems to be NO LIFE the fan inside the PSU should spin wether 300w PSU...HELP?!? its installed or not as its turned on ANYWAY I installed everything correctly and installed the PSU and it STILL is lifeless it was a cheap w 300w PSU...HELP?!? for from eBuyer Can anyone tell me if this DOA Dead On Arrival as the FAN should spin when powered up even if its not connected up to the MoBo My friend is wanting his PC back so I was thinking of returning it for refund and going out and buying one to 300w PSU...HELP?!? save waiting for a replacement does anyone have any advice on this matter that will help me determine that the PSU is definatley DEAD and to get another I have tried other Power cables that work on the monitor so its not that Many THX nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

I have a AMD Dual slot video card on my Asus M A X-Evo Motherboard It is installed in the first x slot and I also have a PCI-e x XF-I Titanium Sound card The problem I am having is that one of the x slots is covered by the video card and the nd one is open but right smack below the Video card My Video card is the Sapphire slot Question PCI-e dual below slot card video about GHz Edition non OC Attached is a picture of what I am trying to explain My other question is Will this cause issues since one of the GPU fans is semi covered Its it recommended Last question If I move this to one of the x slots below on my motherboard will it cause my x PCI-E slot to slow down Thanks ahead of time for any help you can provide Computer Specs - Asus M A x-Evo Motherboard AM AMD FX Core Ghz Sapphire AMD Radeon GHz Edition GB GB DDR Kingston HyperX memory x GB GB WD Black Edtion SATA HD TB WD Black Edtion SATA HD Sound Blaster XF-I Titanium PCI-E x Sound Card Thremaltake Bronze PS Smart Series DVDRW SATA DVD-ROM SATA nbsp

A:Question about PCI-e slot below dual slot video card

My opinion ...

Yes, setting up like that will have an impact. The air flow to your GPU will be restricted so it will more than likely run hotter than it did. It may still stay withing recommended specs, but it will run hotter.

The motherboard has onboard sound (Realtek® ALC892 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC ), any particular reason why you don't use that? Onboard sound is perfectly good for gaming and the like now, its not like older machines where you needed a dedicated card for decent quality. In my opinion, you only need a dedicated card if you are doing a lot of detailed audio work (mixing, remastering and other specific audio work). This would totally remove the issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-about-pci-e-slot-below-dual-slot-video-card.1092148/
Relevancy 46.44%

my friend has a $200 CND budget for a gfx card that will run on a 300w psu. he has a x4 620 core, 6gb ram on this rig (it's an HP). what can you recommend, i was thinking a 9800gt, something around there. idk.

Relevancy 46.44%

I recently bought a new Compaq the SR1750NX.
AMD 3500+
1GB of RAM
Integated ATi xpress 200
300w stock PSU

I'm wanting to upgrade the video card in my new comuter, but I'm not sure if the 300w PSU could handle the 6800gs I want to put in it. I think I have to have a seperate pci-e power connector to run it too. Should I upgrade my PSU or buy a diffrent card?

Thanks!

A:6800gs with a 300w PSU?

It will depend on the quality of the 300w psu you have. One good indicator is checking how many amps the PSU puts out on the 12v rails. You can find this information by looking on the sticker attached to the side of the PSU (open up the case and you'll see it). If you have at least 24amps or so, you may be fine as long as you don't have too many other things hooked up (other PCI cards, USB devices etc).

But to be honest, my guess is you'll need a new PSU. Most 300W psus won't be enough, and I think that the 6800GS officially requires at least a 350W.

You can get a good 350-400W psu for under $40 these days. Check newegg and look up the FSB (fortron) psus.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/6800gs-with-a-300w-psu.45623/
Relevancy 46.44%

???

I only have a 268W PSU

but i have some upgrade desires

i have 3 fans running right now (CPU, PSU Built-in (doubles as my case fan), GPU)

but i want buy a new power supply that has a fan (that can cool the case) and i can also plug another Case fan into a 4-pin connector (i only have 2 of the 3-pin fans plugs on my mobo...)

and i also wanna support my FUTURE Radeon 9800 Pro.

i don't think that 268W will support all that...

what would be a good PSU...for under 70 bucks......just one that works...but isn't crap......im not looking for a Cadallac of PSU's lol

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi, Im just setting up a system for my friend, it consistes of a foxconn skt 754 motherboard, Amd Sempron 2800+ 512mb pc2700 ram, 80gig hd and dvd - rw, graphics are on-board.
I have a antec 300w psu lying around, would it power it?

Relevancy 46.01%

I haven't made any changes to the hardware but would it be ok to do this. The voltage is the same. The PSU i want to get is here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/500-WATT-ATX...pr_product_top

One of the reviews states how they have replaced it on a dell dimension 5100 (same computer as the one I want to use) because of the flashing amber problem (same problem I had)

I have read so much about getting enough but is it possible to get to much...

A:Is it ok to replace a 300w psu for a new 500w psu.

Your PC will only draw as much power as it needs, so don't worry about replacing a 300 watt PSU with a 500 watt PSU.

That thing sells for 13 UK pounds, about $20 US. That tells me it is a mediocre power supply, at best. I'd try to steer you to something else, but that's not what you asked.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/214564-ok-replace-300w-psu-new-500w-psu.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have dell inspirion Intel Core Duo Processor E MB L Cache GHz FSB GB hard drive GB Dual Channel DDR SDRAM at MHz- DIMMs x DVD - RW drive MB NVIDIA run 300w Can psu on 8600 geforce GeForce GS No sound card and floppy I got a good deal on this and up grade the video card by my self after I got them I have my eyes on MSI geforce gts oc The problem Can geforce 8600 run on 300w psu that I fond out I did not think this when I bought the pc is power supply is only w MSI need minimum of w Then I look around for other that only need w psu I found this Leadtek has one http www leadtek com eng d graphic specification asp pronameid amp lineid amp act A minimum recommended W system power supply with V current rating of A I look the label on my power supply Output W - V A I am not very good at electricity anyone know what is this mean Is this will work or not Can I still get the MSI knowing the recommendation is w I don t want to change the psu yet I just got this last week Thank nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

Okay I made a post not too long ago on 300w HD Radeon 4650 PC? about finding a cheap PC with a good graphics card I decided on this http www dell com content products productdetails aspx desktop-vostro- mt c us amp cs amp l en amp s bsd which ended up costing me about Since it did have a PCI-E slot I kept the integrated card and bought this one http www newegg com Product Product aspx Radeon HD 4650 on 300w PC? Item N Radeon HD 4650 on 300w PC? E I did a lot of research on google and was told it would work with a w so I assumed that was radeon s recommendation since it is not mentioned on newegg Well I just got it today and on the back of the box it says watt is recommended I looked up information on it again and people are claiming they can run it on w on medium settings for games but I m still not satisfied So is this really going to work or should I just send it back Also not sure if this helps or not but I did get the Vostro mini tower with Intel Core Duo E GHz M L Cache FSB I still have time to change my order if necessary unless upgrading it myself would be cheaper nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

Just got a new HP Pavilion a6567c which only has a 300w power supply. I thought I would move the NVIDIA GeForce 9300 GE card to my old computer and get something better for this computer.
What PCI-Ex16 video card do you recommend without replacing the power supply?
Thanks in advance for all suggestions.

A:Best Video Card for 300w PSU?

How much is the peak using at the moment, you can't work on the current PSU, it's easier to work out the current PSU - peak load = amount avaliable for use

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-video-card-for-300w-psu.111197/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi there Can anyone give me any advice on re-building a rig with a slightly used W power supply See here s the catch actually my father decided to give me enough money for a new motherboard cpu graphics card and rams for my brother-- he s graduating in elementary so its like going to be a gift for the little kiddo and all and i m the one tasked sufficient? 300W Solved: PSU: still of the building T T I m planning to buy these Gigabyte GA-M MT-S AM motherboard AMD Athlon II X GHz W processor Transcend GB DDR RAM Nvidia GT GB graphics card But I am going to install some old components in it too SATA DVD-ROM and PATA GB MAXTOR HDD I know the board well but I m not so sure of the power supply though will this W power supply do the trick Or is it recommended that I d get a W or higher in this case Well this rig is for gaming by the way I don t want that i d be at fault bout melting some stuff inside Thanks in advance for your help guys I ll be waiting nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,

i have had trouble with my computer after cleaning it (can of compressed air) it would boot to log in screen then go black on the monitor or it would blue screen and restart.

after figuring out it was a RAM problem i tried another stick of RAM but same problem so i guess its the actual slot it goes into, i only have 2 on my motherboard lucky one of them is working still.

has anyone had this problem or know of a way to fix it, i am wondering if some of the canned air/gas became a liquid from spraying to close and got in it.

any help would be appreciated thanks.

A:RAM slot/DIMM slot? blue screening me!

Hi,

ok so i have been looking into my problem more, when booting i press tab to show the POST?? or somthing and it says that 1 of the RAMs wouldnt/couldnt R/W (read write?? i dont know)

then i get the screen saying that windows has had hardware changes and asking to how i want to start windows (normal, safe mode, etc) i have tried all but it just restarts.

now its only with 1 of the 2 dimm slots this happens and i have tried differend RAM in there but only the 1 slot works

any help would be appreciated

thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-slot-dimm-slot-blue-screening-me.152835/
Relevancy 46.01%

This is the strangest thing I've seen in the past years of using computers I have an Acer Aspire - laptop that came with windows but I'm very picky and I wanted Windows xp back so I went onto Acer's website and won't mouse USB slot USB first other in works any slot, in only work but USB downloaded all of the windows xp drivers and then formatted the laptop to Windows XP with intergrated Service Pack The computer works just fine except for one very strange oddity - the USB mouse I'm using only works when plugged into the first USB slot it will refuse to work in the other USB slots I'm using a Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer USB which is my favorite mouse and I USB mouse only works in first USB slot, but won't work in any other USB slot have of them at home When I was formatting the laptop USB mouse only works in first USB slot, but won't work in any other USB slot I had the mouse plugged into the first USB slot and now that is the ONLY slot it will work in If I plug it into the other usb slots the red laser will come on which means it's getting power but it will not move the cursor and clicking either of the mouse buttons won't do anything When I have the Device Manager open and I plug the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer mouse into the first USB slot the 'Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer ' entry will appear in BOTH the 'Human Interface Devices' tab and also the 'Mice and other pointing devices' tab However when plugging the mouse into the other usb slots the 'Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer ' entry will only appear in the 'Human Interface Devices' but NOT the 'Mice and other pointing devices' tab I could just go about my business using the first usb slot for the mouse but this little strange problem is pissing me off hugely as I might want to switch the mouse to another USB slot based on how I have the laptop positioned on a desk or other surface I should also note that the 'Human Interface Devices' tab has a 'HID compliant device' entry in it that isn't present on my desktop computer and my mouse works on any of the usb slots on my desktop computer I wonder if this is the problem I tried disabling this entry but it doesn't help any A final point to note is that I have many other usb devices such as flash memory sticks camera card readers external harddrives gps devices and they all work perfectly fine no matter which usb slot they are plugged into Very strange indeed Is there anyway to make my mouse work in any of the other USB slots

A:USB mouse only works in first USB slot, but won't work in any other USB slot

Hi NukesGoBoom,

I have seen a similar problem, but it was all USB ports that weren't working.

First, check the BIOS to make sure all USB ports are enabled, which they probably are.

Are all drivers installed and up to date? Do any yellow question marks or exclamation points show up in Device Manager?

-Coolfreak

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/usb-mouse-only-works-in-first-usb-slot-but-wont-work-in-any-other-usb-slot-513250.html
Relevancy 46.01%

ok the lady I got this comp from says the comp the video card its reading now is not as good as the one in the PCI slot so Im wondering how do I make it so it reads the PCI slot

The AGP vid card though comes out with a Adaptor to make it so you can plug in moniters

Anyway Should I leave my moniter plug in the AGP slot video card or put it where no video card is but goes right into the computer

and no there is no plug that goes into the PCI slot

I hope this is understanable

thanks

A:How to switch the comp from reading your AGP slot to PCI slot

Jimboson said:

Anyway Should I leave my moniter plug in the AGP slot video card or put it where no video card is but goes right into the computer

That's known as integrated graphics, now do you have a PCI video card and an APG video card or an Integrated video card and an AGP card?

Also what are they Radeon xxxx? or Nvidia xxxx? we need to know the model numbers to tell you which is the better on to use.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-switch-the-comp-from-reading-your-agp-slot-to-pci-slot.594580/
Relevancy 46.01%

hi there,
i need to know which know which graphic card will fit for my computer. Ie i want to know which type: DDR ,DDR1 or ddr2 i bought my computer in 2007, but thats not enough to tell.
so please let me know how do i know which pci slot i have?

A:which graphic card slot do i require for my PCI slot

The type of memory doesn't matter, its the type of interface the computer supports among a few other things to watch for.

You likely have a PCI-Express slot, as long as it a x16 slot it doesn't really matter if its a version 1.1 or 2.0 slot.

Is this for your Dell or another computer? Whats you budget and what needs do you have for the video card?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-graphic-card-slot-do-i-require-for-my-pci-slot.921803/
Relevancy 45.58%

hello,

the ati radeon 9200 works with a 300w power supply?

sorry for my english, I'm from Argentina ^^

A:Radeon 9200 work with a 300W PSU?

Yes it should work just fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-9200-work-with-a-300w-psu.163315/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi there I ve recently installed a new Jeantech W power supply PSU to 300W Problems upgrading 350W to replace a W PSU that came with my case after it started making terrible sounds When I installed the new PSU all seemed great until Problems upgrading PSU 300W to 350W I found that windows kept restarting and prompting me with an error on the boot screen with NTLDR missing press CTRL ALT DELETE After multiple cable checks and software fixes none involving the windows XP CD - don t have one long story I thought that maybe it would be the PSU since this started just after installing it and yup old PSU back in and the problem has stopped I ve checked just about every forum and search engine for this glitch but can t find anything so am desperate for ideas I wasn t sure if there are any jumpers or drivers that I may have missed but since this is a PSU I didn t think drivers would be a problem Any Advice would be a really big help Barry C nbsp

A:Problems upgrading PSU 300W to 350W

Power supplies are a nightmare to work with, especially budget power supplies. The hard part is, the wattage "ratings" are not standardized. In otherwords, it is very possible that your 300W PSU gives out more juice than your 350W PSU.

I don't know anything about the one you bought, but I'd say one of the following is true:

1. Your new PSU is faulty and needs to be returned
2. Your system requires more power than the new PSU is pumping out.

What are the specs of your computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-upgrading-psu-300w-to-350w.34412/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi

I have 2 sata drives and DVD on my 300W PS in a Maxdata E6300.

It says Peak Power is 360W

Could I safely add another sata drive to it without overloading

Thanks

A:How many drives on a 300W Power Supply ?

HDD's require 25 watts of power.

Go here and calculate how many watts your machine needs.

http://www.journeysystems.com/?powercalc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-many-drives-on-a-300w-power-supply.655461/
Relevancy 45.58%

heya peeps, here is my comp which has a 300w pow supply

HP Pavilion AMD Athlon II 630 Quad-Core 2.8GHz Computer (P6310F) - Future Shop

just wanna know what is the best card i can get which would run off of that 300w pow supply, i think there is a 9800gt version which runs off of 30% less power than the original 9800gt but im really a noob when it comes to this kind of thing so your help would rock, thanks all

A:best graphics card which would run on a 300w pow supp

Quote: Originally Posted by balltillifall

heya peeps, here is my comp which has a 300w pow supply

HP Pavilion AMD Athlon II 630 Quad-Core 2.8GHz Computer (P6310F) - Future Shop

just wanna know what is the best card i can get which would run off of that 300w pow supply, i think there is a 9800gt version which runs off of 30% less power than the original 9800gt but im really a noob when it comes to this kind of thing so your help would rock, thanks all

I think an ATI Radeon HD 4650/4670 or a ATI Radeon HD 5670 would fit since they do not need any external power supply connectors. Nvidia's GT240 would also work well I believe.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/92863-best-graphics-card-would-run-300w-pow-supp.html
Relevancy 45.58%

- Cheap microATX motherboard - 24pin
- Intel Core 2 Core E6400
- NVIDIA GeForce 8400
- SATA Hard Drive
- DVD Drive, Floppy Drive
- PCI TV Tuner, PCI Sound Card.

I'm building a Media Center PC, and I found this cool compact little case, but, it comes with a bizarre little power supply that only comes at 300W. I can't find any bigger ones.

A:Can I run this system on a 300W power supply?

Hello XboxGuy15,

I seriously doubt it. Here is a power supply calculator. There are others if you Google a bit. You will probably need something about double that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-run-this-system-on-a-300w-power-supply.768686/
Relevancy 45.58%

Found out it doesn't have a 6-pin connector, but i'm still unsure whether it would work with my power supply

any help?

A:Can ATI 4670 run on a 300w Power Supply?

This one states 400w or greater power supply under specs. Newegg.com - HIS H467PS1GH Radeon HD 4670 iSilence4 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card A google search produced this http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...r+supply+specs Fabe

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/102844-can-ati-4670-run-300w-power-supply.html
Relevancy 45.58%

G'day,

i was wondering if anyone could help me out with a schematic diagram of a KME (Key Mouse Electronics) pl-300 atx psu

i'd really appreciate it.

Relevancy 45.58%

This week I ordered a new desktop in the HP Store (Netherlands), HP Omen 870-130nd with an AMD RX480 GPU and I did some research.What was surprising for me is that standard a 300 Watt PSU is installed which I doubt if this is sufficient for such a system. According AMD's website the recommended PSU shall be 500 Watt.Could this become a bottleneck? HP Omen 870-130nd  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Is-a-300W-PSU-sufficient-for-a-HP-Omen-system-with-an-AMD/td-p/5845896
Relevancy 45.15%

Used X700 on a 250w powersupply upon purchase

Hey guys I just bought an ATI X700 and used it on a 250w powersupply for about an hour till i bought a 450w powersupply. Im seein some glitches during startup like lines appearing here and there. I also see glitches when I install the new drivers but once i restart, everything is normal. Does any of you think that the glitches are caused by running my card on a below minimum power supply or is it completely normal?

A:Will 250w supply damage an ati x700? box says 300w req.

I used my newly bought ati x700 on a 250w supply for an hour. During load up i see a single glitchy line for only a sec and then everything is normal. Not sure if this line has to do with anything. Now i bought a 450w power supply and im wondering if using the videocard on a 250w powersupply damaged it at all?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-250w-supply-damage-an-ati-x700-box-says-300w-req.30008/
Relevancy 45.15%

I've got an HP a1730n with a 300W power supply. An online buddy says he is running a 7300GT PCI-E card fine on his dell, which also has a 300w power supply.

I have 1 SATA HD and 1 SATA DVDRW. I have nothing extra added to the system besides RAM and some USB items such as mouse and keyboard. Do you reckon I can get by fine with that current power supply? And say something does go, will it just be the power supply? Thanks.

EDIT: I also considered an ATI X1800 but it requires a 450W supply.... just looking for something compatible with OSX that I can get QE/CI working with and plays Team Fortress 2 in Windows well

A:Nvidia 7300GT on 300w Power Supply?

Sometimes they don't fail. You just suffer through poor performance... and a failed one or inadeqate PSU can damage the video graphics card and other components. For the relatively low cost over the life of the computer, I upgrade all power supplies. However, the Dells are as tough as any... actually tougher than most by my reconning. We see perhaps 10 times as many power supplies fail for Compaq, HP, Gateway, and Sony as we do with Dell. The Dell 2200, 2300,2350, 2400, 3000, and 5000 fail much more often. We have probably replaced more Dell 2400 power supplies than for all the other Dell Dimension 4400 on up, or Optiplex, etc... and they don't put the damands on the unit since they don't have a video graphics card or a lot of fans.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-7300gt-on-300w-power-supply.118736/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi all,

I am putting together a new system here's what I got:

Pentium D845PESV board w/ P4 2.4b (onboard sound and LAN)
512M 333Mhz DDR Ram
120Gig Maxtor ultra ata 133 HDD
P4 300W power supply

I want a descent graphics card, and a saw a PNY Verto GeForce 4 Ti 46200 64M for a good price ($99) on sale at CompUsa.

The problem is that along with other requirements it lists a 350 watt power supply.

Does anyone know if it will work with a 300Watt?

Thanks

A:PNY Verto G4 Ti 4200 w/ a 300W power supply?

I recommend looking at different video cards or upgrading to a 350-400watt power supply.

It might run certain programs on 300W, but it'll probally end-up shutting down your PC, or just not work at all.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pny-verto-g4-ti-4200-w-a-300w-power-supply.119753/
Relevancy 45.15%

hello everyone! i currently have THIS PC and its good enough specs to game! well all but the graphics, it will run games now such as black ops 2 easily but i need dedicated graphics for some games. My problem is, I would like to put a graphics card inside but it's a very VERY low power psu (300W) so is there a affordable graphics card that would let me run other games ? such as blacklight retribution?

Thank you

A:A graphics card good enough to game with a 300W psu to run it?

I don't think there's much you can get really. On the Nvidia side there's cards like the GT430 and GT630 that require a 300w PSU. They should be able to handle Black Ops 2 and Blacklight Retribution. Not sure what there is that AMD offer. Above the GT430 and GT630 you ideally need a 400w or 500w PSU.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/293583-graphics-card-good-enough-game-300w-psu-run.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Plz tell me I have 300Watt power supply.I decided to buy gforce 6600gt. But every gforce 6600gt recommends that there should be 350Watt power supply. Then what should i do, upgrade my power supply to 350Watt or gforce works on 300Watt power supply. If i run it on 300W then what is the difference?

A:[HELP]May gforce 6600gt works on 300W power supply?

Hello

numan said:

upgrade my power supply to 350WattClick to expand...

Minimuim means just enuff to make it work.
Recomended means, min that'll work stable.

If you already have a 300w psu, then I'd recomend a 400w or 450w
but be sure you buy a good quality one such as.
ennermax
antec etc.
Click HERE for
a good calculator that'll let you know the right wattage.
G'Luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-may-gforce-6600gt-works-on-300w-power-supply.30824/
Relevancy 44.72%

Yesterday I got invited to participate in the SC beta Having been running intergrated graphics on this PC since day one i went to bestbuy to buy a graphics card The one that I purchased was a PNY Verto geforce gt It says that it requires a minium of w to run I have a w power supply in my question? 250w running card on supply 300w pc right now So far the card is working like a champ 300w card running on 250w supply question? I have had no crashes or any indications that there is anything going wrong Is there a chance of something going wrong if i don t upgrade power supplies right away I am planning on upgrading within the next two weeks just did not have that much money to spend right away My friend is giving me a hard time as he wanted me to wait and get it all at once 300w card running on 250w supply question? so i can t turn to him for advice on anything right now Hopefully you have good news for me haha Peace for now Skylash nbsp

A:300w card running on 250w supply question?

those are estimated wattages and usually your situation will work. the problem is that if you have an OEM computer, the PSU is almost definitely of very low quality to begin with, and the ability to put out the rated wattage deteriorates with time and usage. the second problem is that you are running under watted so it may be pushing your PSU at near 100% to meet the demand. That will kill it faster as well. thirdly, if you do kill your PSU, it can take the rest of the system with it because when it lets loose it wont regulate the amount of power to the components. in most cases people are okay for a few weeks as you say, but replace it ASAP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/300w-card-running-on-250w-supply-question.144098/
Relevancy 44.29%

yah just a question, and if so give me a price range please for a pci

thanks

A:can I add a AGP slot or PCI slot to a comp that doesnt have one?

You can't add a slot to a motherboard.

How old is this computer that it doesn't have a PCI slot? Those have been around for quite a while. Are you sure it doesn't have one? Even AGP is not new technology.

EDIT: After seeing your other thread, are you asking if you can purchase an AGP or PCI video card? That's a totally different question, and the answer would be yes depending on which slot your motherboard has. How much it costs depends on what you plan to use the computer for. A simple one is cheap, and high-end gaming cards can get expensive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-add-a-agp-slot-or-pci-slot-to-a-comp-that-doesnt-have-one.591093/
Relevancy 44.29%

Am definitely going to have to get an extra fan room temp is F as I type Case for What S500 300w Power a ATX, exhaust fan Supply size this at PM local time What size exhaust fan for a S500 ATX, 300w Power Supply Case amp average CPU temp is F BUT while running InoculateIt Antivirus check took about minutes CPU temp jumped to F Alarm is at F Can a exhaust fan be mounted in the circular grill on rear of S ATX case and what size would fit in there and how hard are they to install With shop prices starting at hr would like to save that IF possible Also -- what type fan connector s are used in the MSI M board I ve seen fans for sale on web with wires amp others with Case has W power supply And considering room temp s during summer hit - F quot cooling quot to mid- s or so at nite how high a cfm reading should I look for in a exhaust fan if one can be installed behind that grill nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

Hey guys,

First time here, thought you may be of some help. My goal is to purchase the latest 6800 Nvidia card. I'm having trouble finding a compatible power supply of alteast 300watts for my Dimension 8200.

Dell Parts claim they only offer my existing 250w power supply. They mention there are other 3rd party vendors who manufacture higher wattage compatible power supplies for my dimension 8200. My only problem is I can't seem to find any??

Can anyone be of any help here...?

Thanks,
Raz

- Thread moved to proper forum
Didou

A:300w + Power Supply needed for my Dell Dimension 8200...

Is your power supply one of the older ones that has the proprietary ATX connector? if so the only place I know that sells them is PC Power and Cooling.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/300w-power-supply-needed-for-my-dell-dimension-8200.16526/
Relevancy 43.43%
Relevancy 40.85%

Is this a kensignton slot? Where I can attach a little security cable...

"found on 99% of laptops"

A:Kensington slot (k-slot)

Looks like it to me

Wikipedia has a picture of a Kensington lock slot on the side of Apple Powerbook laptop, and of the business end of the lock cable
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kensington_Security_Slot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/kensington-slot-k-slot.656505/
Relevancy 40.85%

Basicaly iv'e run out of PCI slot.

So im left with a choice.

Either Sacrifice a PCI card and start buying USB hubs an devices

Or find a way to convert this lovley empty AGP slot into a PCI slot.

The question is can it be done?

Gie me a simple YES, NO or ITS REALY HARD AND EXPENSIVE answer please

Relevancy 33.11%

my current graphics card, Geforce fx5600 has an AGP 4x interface. would an 8x interface fit into the same slot? thanks James

A:AGP slot

You can find some info here....

http://www.neoseeker.com/Hardware/faqs/kb/10,63.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/agp-slot.627885/
Relevancy 33.11%

Alright I just got an Acer G off of one of my father s work buddies whos wife works for Acer I got it for dollars because the monitor that it came with was basically smashed during shipping Its all good though I have a quot LCD monitor anyway The computer specs basically are GHz Pentium with MB of ram and an GB hard drive with integrated MX graphics or something of the sort I was exploring the BIOS and saw some overclocking options too which is pretty cool Anyway on to the question I opened up the case and saw an empty brown slot at the top of the row of PCI slots Its offset back by an inch or so and is about inches long just like an slot! Name this AGP slot The only thing it does not have is a little holder clip thing to hold the card in place like I ve seen on a lot of Name this slot! other systems Other then that it looks like any other AGP slot Today I went up into the attic and grabbed my old dusty Radeon se to put in there until christmas when I got money to buy more RAM and a good AGP graphics card When I went to put the card in it wouldnt fit I couldnt get it to snap into place it seemed like the card still needed to go half an inch more foward to slip into the slot Is this a different kind of AGP slot x or something or might it be a totally different type of slot nbsp

A:Name this slot!

Can you Post a Picture? Is there a plastic divider in this slot? If so is it closer to the front or the back? Is the slot the same length as an AGP?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/name-this-slot.65795/
Relevancy 33.11%

I just bought a new computer from DELL a few weeks ago. Decided that I needed to upgrade the video card.... but now I see that there is no agp slot. Is there anything I can do, or am I just stuck with the onboard graphics?

Relevancy 33.11%

Hi people,

I'm about to buy the ABIT AT7-MAX2 in order to start playing with overclocking world (and probably caused severe dents in my pocket at the same time as things go overtemp ))
The new mobo has an 8x AGP slot. I have a GF4Ti4600. Am I right to assume that the 8x slot won't make an ounce of difference to the overall performance due to the fact the card was designed with 4x in mind?

Does anyone know if ABIT's allow the locking of the PCI/AGP frequencies?

Anyone know the safezone for a XP2000 processor?

Happy new year!

Relevancy 33.11%

Hi I bought a graphics card that I was pretty sure that is compatible with my pc.
Here is a link for the graphics card :
http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-512-P1-N...2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1311051376&sr=1-2

It says it requires a PCI 2.1 Slot and I know that PCI 2.1 slots came out in 1995.. My pc is a 2005, model D300a Insignia. So I'm wondering if it has a PCI 2.1 slot and if it does how do I make my card work?

What I did as my first step was
-I installed it
-Went to BIOS
-Changed the integrated to PCI.

Any suggestions?

A:PCI 2.1 Slot

Not exactly sure what slots your motherboard has, but you should be fine as long as it has a PCI 2.0 slot. You may not get the max speed from the card, but it should operate.

If your having issues with the card aside from that, your power supply is most likely to weak to support it or you have an outdated driver. I'd first update the driver (cause that's free) and if it still does not work, I'd suspect the power supply is the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pci-2-1-slot.1008067/
Relevancy 33.11%

what is an AMR Slot and will win 98se recognize a motherboard with one?

A:AMR Slot

AMR is a special modem slot, it takes an AMR Modem. This is a special type of modem which only fits in this type of slot. It is the only type of card the AMR slot uses. Windows will see it.

SeeYa

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/amr-slot.110931/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hello, Can someone tell me if this two models have additional M.2 slot for SSD drive?-E5-772-35WV-E5-772G-57F1  Regards,Peter 

A:E5-772 and M.2 slot

These models don't have M2 according to this list:http://www.mydigitaldiscount.com/msata-ssd-compatability-list-p11.html#laptops

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/E5-772-and-M-2-slot/td-p/443924/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 33.11%

hey guy i have a question to, my computer has a space for the apg slot, but no slot. like it says "apg slot" but theres no connector there. is there anything i can do about this? any help would be appritiated.

A:AGP Slot????

Hi and welcome to TSG!

I have split your post off into your own thread. In the future if you have a Question/Problem please start a "New Thread". It get's too confusing trying to address two different people's problem in the same thread and you may get overlooked.

Please continue in this thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/agp-slot.591815/
Relevancy 33.11%

How do I determine what PCI slot I have 2.0 or 2.1? My computer is about 3 years old and is running Windows XP. Its a Dell if that helps.

Thanks in advance...

A:PCI Slot

I suggest you look in the manual. If you don't have one, get one from Dell's web site.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pci-slot.281922/
Relevancy 33.11%

Question. How many memory slot are available in these models and upgradable up to?  HP NB 14-AM059TU HP NB Pavilion 14-AB112TXHP NB Pavilion 14-AB111TX HP NB Pavilion 14-AL021TX Thanks for the answer.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/RAM-Slot/td-p/5734839
Relevancy 33.11%

Is there any easy way to tell whether I have an AGP slot for a graphics card?

Compaq Presario 5000
AMD Athlon Processor 1.3 GHz
120Mb RAM
Windows XP

My current graphics card is:
S3 Graphics Prosavage Compaq 8Mb

Thank you for any help.

Relevancy 33.11%

I have reason to believe that my agp slot went bad but i could be wrong. I was just wondering if AGP slot go bad

Relevancy 33.11%

Base K Memory Failure Hi there This is my first post on TechSpot I hope that I can offer some good advice as well as request it Right now though I am in a spot of bother Today I went to a clients house to fix his computer Everything was fine I just had to install a new ram So ahead I went but the card would not fit so I forced it a little Later I realised I had forced a SDR Ram into A DDR Slot Not good I know Then I took it out so that I was back to the original configuration Now the computer won t even boot onto the A Drive or even get as far as display the BIOS It just keep emitting a beep noise Arrrgggghhhh My questions is would the above result in a fried motherboard or a fried ram card I was going to buy a new DDR tommorrow and hopefully just swap it over but I can t think of any logical reason that the existing one won t work Any or all info on the subject would be appreciated Thanks in advance djdj nbsp

A:SDR Ram in DDR Slot

Since you say you forced it into the slot, you might have created small cracks in the mobo which may be the reason for the problem...
Or you might have fried the board as you say.

Either of those will result in a dead board.

But you might be lucky. Try taking out every card, cable & al from the mobo, then reseat the mobo in the case, and try to boot with as few components installed as possible (ie. cpu, vid.card and ram). And try switching the slots the ram is in...

Good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sdr-ram-in-ddr-slot.28121/
Relevancy 33.11%

So to start out, I am a complete computer novice. I know very little about computer's hardware and whatnot so please take it slow. Anywho, I've been searching for a new graphics card so I can play some newer games. My computer always exceedes minimum, and often recommended, requirements for the games except in the field of a graphics card. I currently have a Radeon 9200 128mb in my AGP slot. With this in mind, I have been searching for other cards for AGP but have run into the question of how one can identify what kind of AGP slot one has, as in 8x, 4x, etc. as well as if this matters. So if someone can help me figure out what kind of slot I have that would be great.

Any card recomendations are appreciated as well, I have around a 200$ spending limit.

Thanks,
EclipseOTO

A:AGP Slot help

You can web search/download CPU-Z. This small program has a tab that identifies what AGP slot your system has (2x, 4x, 8x) and AGP 2.0 or 3.0 standards supported.

(Edit- direct link for CPU-Z website, just "Download Latest Version" top-left link):
http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

If your system is even semi-modern, you likely have at least an AGP 4x slot, whereas 99% of today's AGP cards will work in either AGP 4x or 8x slots.

More importantly will likely be your power supply. You likely have a very wide upgrade path available to you, only reduced by your budget, but newer 3d cards do draw significantly more power. I'd recommend cracking your case and looking at your power supply for the sticker to see what top wattage it's rated at and if it has info on the voltage rails vs. amperage. It's important what amperage the 12v rail has and top wattage (example: 350W power supply with 12v@19A).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/agp-slot-help.54162/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hey guys,

I am in the market for a new computer and I found a motherboard that I like. It has an ACR slot. What is that?? I have never heard of that kind of expansion slot.

Thanks Guys

Alan

A:ACR Slot

It's another riser for software-driven add-ins like modems or sound. Very similar to AMR or CNR.

The problem with ACR is that it's a VIA proprietary standard. That is, it's VIAs, and you'll never see it on anything but VIA boards, where as Intel has made its CNR standard available to everyone (including VIA).

Because of that, I think that ACR will go the way of Betamax. That is, nowhere. Those slots aren't popular as it is, and when they are used, people will be far more likely to use CNR (because it's an open standard) than ACR.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acr-slot.215484/
Relevancy 33.11%

my new mobo has an ISA slot. It does not line up with any of the knockouts on the back of the panel like the PCI slots do. What are ISA slots used for. IS it old technology?

Relevancy 33.11%

Basically I m a compete tard but I lusted for power and put a MB RAM module in my Dell Dimension XPS T in which each slot can only handle up to MB Upon starting the computer I got an error message that only happened once so I a 512 RAM slot 256 in can t tell you what it was I continued on and I got as far as the Windows XP loading logo As soon as it disappeared I got a flash of a blue screen no more 512 RAM in a 256 slot than half a second maybe the BSOD then my harddrive stopped spinning and the computer restarted I ve since tried cutting back to 512 RAM in a 256 slot the original MB module and restarting but with the exact same results Safe mode and Last known good configuration do not work It s an off the shelf Dell Dimension XPS t that my Dad bought when it was new I haven t got the specs I throw myself on the mercy of the court nbsp

A:512 RAM in a 256 slot

you might try resetting the bios

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/512-ram-in-a-256-slot.434705/
Relevancy 33.11%

I was recently looking at my old 486 M/B running a 486 DX-2 at 80 Mhz. (Overclocked from 66 Mhz.). I noticed that it has three brown slots almost like AGP Slots, but they were placed at the back of the ISA Slots, so I think they can't be expansion slots.What are they?

Relevancy 33.11%

Does anybody know how to physically unlock the multiplier on a slot 1 pentium 3 500mhz? this is my testing system for overclocking.

A:slot 1 p3 500

can't be done, locked internally in the chip. Only adjustment is front side bus setting if your motherboard allows it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slot-1-p3-500.132381/
Relevancy 33.11%

hi  i can install new M2 ssd of 120 GB Hard Disk but it is show offline and not inilitilze . 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/M2-Slot-SSD/td-p/5732816
Relevancy 33.11%

I have a Latitude E6540. On the right hand side above the CD (half the size and toward the front) a opening that supports some sort of click in, click release accessory.  Can someone tell me what that slot is called and what can go in it? 
I tried looking around and found items like PCI, WWLAN etc. But when I would look to find things that would go in the slot, they looked nothing like the slot accept.

I'm hoping this can be used for some type of flash card or drive support.

Thank you

A:Help with slot

See the tech specs starting on pg 66 of the manual--   
https://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/latitude-e6540-laptop_Owner's%20Manual_en-us.pdf

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19725950
Relevancy 33.11%

Okay I just got my evga geforce 6800 in the mail so I run to my computer and am about to install when I peal a little sticky not of the apg slot that says do not use a 3.3 v agp card in this slot is it okay for my 6800 need help quick I don't know how much longer I can wait.

motherbaord
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813157035

A:3.3 v apg slot

It should work fine. Only really old agp cards use 3.3v. Newer ones use 0.8v(8x agp), and 1.5v(4x agp).

Hope you like the setup.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/3-3-v-apg-slot.33968/
Relevancy 33.11%

As you can see i just found the speed to be only 2x. I was planning on buying either a Radeon 9200 256mb , MSI GeForce4 MX440 (MS-8860) 128MB or a RADEON 9600SE 128mb . Which is the best deal for my small budget frame from the 3 above? Also if i happend to buy a Radeon 9800pro in the future will the 2x AGP slot be slowing the card down, therefore making it pointless to buy such an expensive card? Thanks to all in advance.

A:2x AGP slot

You wouldn't get the full wallop of a top end card so I think you would be wasting your money. Change your motherboard first. I would think if you have only a 2x agp it might be time to just build a new machine. Post the rest of your specs and someone will let you know what time it is.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2x-agp-slot.252671/
Relevancy 33.11%

I'm buying a VC-11 MB that has a CNR slot at the bottom. Why? What's the great catch with this. It already has onboard LAN: Realtek RTL8100L 10/100Mbps LAN. What's ya'll's take on that?

A:What do I do with a CNR slot?

CNR's can be for modems as well. There is probably one that comes with the board. Kind of an outmoded connector before they even put the thing on the market.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-do-i-do-with-a-cnr-slot.76683/
Relevancy 33.11%

How can I tell what type of AGP slot I have? (4x, 8x) It says AGP Pro slot, and that's all

A:AGP slot?

hav u tried everest?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/agp-slot.327302/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hello I was putting another hard drive in my computer when I noticed that there 3rd slot? RAM Can't use is a third slot for RAM which is empty Can't use 3rd RAM slot? The other two slots each have a mb Can't use 3rd RAM slot? stick When I try to boot with an additional mb stick in the third slot I get beeping from Can't use 3rd RAM slot? the motherboard and nothing on screen Fans and lights come on second repeating beep from motherboard So my question is can I add more RAM using this slot If yes how If no what is it for PS Here is some hardware info Code email protected sudo lshw sudo password for stretch z description Desktop Computer width bits capabilities smbios- dmi- smp configuration boot normal chassis desktop -core description Motherboard product MS- vendor MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO LTD physical id -firmware description BIOS vendor Phoenix Technologies LTD physical id version PG date size KiB capacity KiB capabilities isa pci pnp apm upgrade shadowing cdboot bootselect socketedrom edd int floppy int floppy int floppy int floppy int printscreen int keyboard int serial int printer int video acpi usb agp ls boot zipboot netboot -cpu description CPU product AMD Athlon tm vendor Advanced Micro Devices AMD physical id bus info email protected version slot Socket A size MHz capacity MHz width bits clock MHz capabilities fpu fpu exception wp vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse mmx fxsr sse syscall mmxext dnowext dnow cpufreq -cache description L cache physical id slot Internal Cache size KiB capacity KiB capabilities synchronous internal write-back -cache description L cache physical id a slot External Cache size KiB capacity KiB capabilities synchronous external write-back -memory description System Memory physical id b slot System board or motherboard size GiB capacity MiB -bank description DIMM empty product None vendor None physical id serial None slot A -bank description DIMM product None vendor None physical id serial None slot A size MiB -bank description DIMM product None vendor None physical id serial None slot A size MiB -pci description Host bridge product nForce IGP vendor NVIDIA Corporation physical id bus info email protected version c width bits clock MHz configuration driver agpgart-nvidia resources irq memory e -e ffffff -memory UNCLAIMED description RAM memory product nForce Memory Controller vendor NVIDIA Corporation physical id bus info email protected version c width bits clock MHz ns configuration latency -memory UNCLAIMED description RAM memory product nForce Memory Controller vendor NVIDIA Corporation physical id bus info email protected version c width bits clock MHz ns configuration latency -memory UNCLAIMED description RAM memory product nForce Memory Controller vendor NVIDIA Corporation physical id bus info email protected version c width bits clock MHz ns configuration latency -memory UNCLAIMED description RAM memory product nForce Memory Controller vendor NVIDIA Corporation physical id bus info email protected version c width bits clock MHz ns configuration latency -memory UNCLAIMED description RAM memory product nForce Memory Controller vendor NVIDIA Corporation physical id bus info email protected version c width bits clock MHz ns configuration latency -isa description ISA bridge product nForce ISA Bridge vendor NVIDIA Corporation physical id bus info email protected version a width bits clock MHz capabilities isa ht bus master cap list configuration latency -serial description SMBus product nForce SMBus MCP vendor NVIDIA Corporation physical id bus info email protected version a width bits clock MHz capabilities pm cap list configuration driver nForce smbus latency maxlatency mingnt resources irq ioport e size -usb description USB controller product nForce USB Controller vendor NVIDIA Corporation physical id bus info email protected version a width bits clock MHz capabilities pm ohci bus master cap list configuration driver ohci-pci latency maxlatency mingnt resou... Read more

Relevancy 33.11%

Hi! So I just bought a new 1 gb crucial ram for my HP Pavilion Media Center TV m7750n PC, and I can't seem to fit the RAM into the slot on the motherboard (I have to force it in, and then the pc wont boot, and gives off a beeping sound). The RAM that I brought was crucial product #CT12864AA53E (1GB 240-PIN DIMM 128Mx64 DDR2PC2-4200 UNBUFFERED) and I'm sure that it matches the 2*1 GB RAM that already came with my computer (I verified the memory specifications with HP's website and other websites) Thanks for any suggestions. I am desprate for that extra 1 GB performance, because I run really memory-eating apps!

A:RAM won't fit into slot?

It is a fairly tight fit. Were you able to lock the end tabs of the RAM slots? Don't take this the wrong way but are you inserting it in the correct orientation? The RAM has a notch that is not in the center so you have to make sure it matches up with the corresponding notch in the DIMM slot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-wont-fit-into-slot.142194/
Relevancy 33.11%

The light under the DVD slot on my pc blinks constantly when the slot is closed. If I open the slot the light goes out. There is nothing in the DVD slot...Can you help?

A:DVD slot

Does it make a noise as well? Just that it could just be something to do with the drive...not a big problem surely?

Sorry-this isn't really any kind of help but on our main desktop the drives are crazy...but they work so it's not really a problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-slot.669216/
Relevancy 33.11%

I have integrated graphics. It's the "choke point" in my system. I am not clear on graphics card upgrades. This is a simple question for most of you guys. Can I go out and buy a new PCI express card and disable my integrated graphics and use this slot for a new graphics card? I am confused....sorry for the newbie question.

P.S. what does GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 mean? Is it the motherboard and integrated graphics? It is listed as "chipset" in the system specs. I thought "chipset" was the motherboard.

A:PCI E X-16 slot help me out please.

Hello again.... (less than 5 mins later...)

Ok so now that your other post has been cleared up, let me get this one for ya.

Yes integrated graphics suck. Go buy a good video card, and put it into the PCIe16 slot, and plug in your monitor. You should be good to go (though read the installation instructions that come with the card) You do not need to disable your integrated graphics, so don't worry about that. Don't worry about asking dumb questions, everyone has them. (That includes all of us "skilled" or whatever rating....)

The GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 describes your integrated graphics. That is equal to a NVidia GeForce 6 series card, which they no longer sell off their website I dont think.

Hope I answered your question.

~Lordbob

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/204856-pci-e-x-16-slot-help-me-out-please.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Ok, I'm thinking about buying this (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-Veng.../dp/B008E3M4TU) for my PC, I have already got both the blue slots filled. So which one do I put my new slot in to? 1,2,3 or 4 (2 and 4 are available)

My MotherBoard Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP Motherboard [GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP] - $95.00 : PC Case Gear

Thanks for the help!

A:New Ram, Which Slot?

Hello RvB Mate it should tell you in the users manual as a general rule and I stand to be corrected it is usually the slot nearest the CPU for stick 1 (slot 1) of 2 sticks and slot 3 for the second stick. But my Asus Z77 (slots 2 and 4) is the opposite so check your manual - or Gigabyte if you can get any sense out of them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/290612-new-ram-slot.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Hello, Can someone tell me if this two models have additional M.2 slot for SSD drive?-E5-772-35WV-E5-772G-57F1  Regards,Peter 

A:E5-772 and M.2 slot

These models don't have M2 according to this list:http://www.mydigitaldiscount.com/msata-ssd-compatability-list-p11.html#laptops

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/E5-772-and-M-2-slot/td-p/443924
Relevancy 33.11%

Can someone tell me what this slot is for. It's on the back of my HP nx9010 Laptop

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa49/Tat-363/DSC00109.jpg
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa49/Tat-363/DSC00108.jpg
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa49/Tat-363/DSC00107.jpg

Thanx

A:What is this slot used for?

Here is a link to the service manual....you have to download the three parts, one at a time...click on 0 then 1 then 2 ...you end up with 3 rar files...Hope you know what to do with then ...if not google or ask

Pg 79 of the manual mentions something about a mini pci card ...Do you have wireless lan ?? If you don't this is where it would go....

OOPS forgot the link http://fileshare.eshop.bg/download.php?fileid=9133

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-is-this-slot-used-for.684863/
Relevancy 33.11%

Have an eMachine T2615 MOBO L7VMM2 with onboard video. Have Windows XP SP2. Purchased a game card ATI Radeon X1600 Pro (256 MB).
Installed the drivers but the pc will not pick up same. Went into BIOS and there was no mention of disabling the onboard video, thinking this was the problem.
Went to CPU-Z and under Mainboard the Graphics Interface containing AGP info was greyed out. The fact that the pc came with an onboard video makes me suspect that a driver is needed for AGP slot. Any ideas? Thanks.

A:AGP Slot ?

The BIOS should have something about setting the video priority. The on-board VGA will be listed as PCI. You should be able to set this to AGP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/agp-slot.65490/
Relevancy 33.11%

Just purchase a new ATI AGP 9550 Radeon video board, however, this board will not fit my older ABIT BE6-ll motherboard AGP slot. I assume the AGP slots have changed and the new video board won't work, correct? The key in the motherboard slot is in a different position than the ATI. What's going on.

A:Agp Slot

Sounds like it, your old motherboard doesn't support the low AGP voltage that the newer card uses.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/agp-slot.342374/
Relevancy 33.11%

I bought x gb RAM Kingston DDR non ECC etc as I have upgraded to WIN x Here is my Motherboard GIGABYTE - RAM slot seeing RAM not Motherboard - Socket - GA- GCM-S L rev I have RAM slots The first seems to be fine The second slot doesn't seem to work With both cards in only x Gb appears If I plug one card into slot one leave empty the system works If I try a single RAM stick in slot only the system fails Everything is pointing to the nd RAM slot being inactive I RAM slot not seeing RAM dont want to go to the repair shop Any chance of a magic switch or knob that needs turning etc to make both slots active UPDATE Slot doesn't respond to any of the RAM Some good news though The RAM slot not seeing RAM unmarked sticks were always Gb each So looks like slot has always been 'dead' I've never bothered to look Didn't have any reason I got the PC nd hand So is there a way to 'activate' this nd slot Anything to check or is it a lost cause

A:RAM slot not seeing RAM

As far as I know, the RAM slots on a motherboard don't come with an "enable/disable" feature. They either work or they don't. The usual method to see if a RAM slot is working is to take a known working memory module and try it in each slot. Since you've already done that I think it's a pretty good probability the slot isn't working.

Here is a free diagnostic tool that can analyze and benchmark many kinds of hardware, such as CPU performance, hard disk performance, video system information, mainboard / motherboard information, etc. It might possibly be able to verify if that slot is bad. But even if it can't confirm the slot's good/bad status, I still think you've done that. And it may only be a matter of time before the entire motherboard fails.

Free Diagnostic Software

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/261475-ram-slot-not-seeing-ram.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi im new into Computer hardware and i want to know if a PCI slot is different to a PCI Express x16 slot.

A:PCI Slot

PCI and PCI Express are completely different things and the slots are different too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pci-slot.24571/
Relevancy 33.11%

A Friend Of mine recently brought a $135AUS 3d card only to find he does not have an AGP slot. However on the motherboard there are the pin holes for one and two screw holes to screw one in. Is it possible to install and AGP slot in there?

A:AGP Slot

Can an AGP slot be added?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/agp-slot.8231/
Relevancy 33.11%

i have a 4x agp graphics card, what i want to know is, will my 4x agp graphics card work in an 8x agp slot?

thanks,
TheMadMonkey

A:4x AGP slot? 8x AGP slot?

Normaly yes, but to be sure you can always check the documentation that came with the card. It mentions the kind of Agp slots that are supported.

But you can be as good as 100% sure that it will fit

greets Crazy

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/4x-agp-slot-8x-agp-slot.8335/
Relevancy 33.11%

I've been offered to get a free AGP graphics card, an ATI Radeon 8500LE, and I need to find out if it will work in my computer. My computer is an HP Pavilion 531w, and I need to know how I find out if I have an AGP slot. Help?

Relevancy 33.11%

Intel Pentium 4 2.0a GHz
256mb pc2100 ddr sd ram
Windows XP Professional version 2002
Intel extreme graphics card 64mb(Upgrading to GeForce FX 5200 128mb ddr with AGP 8x this weekend)

Guys I need help urgently and fast. I want to know how to check my AGP slots speed before I get the GeForce. Is there a way to do that when there’s nothing in the slot?

Some Please help me.