Windows Support Forum

Windows 7 Stuck at login screen with circle spinning

Q: Windows 7 Stuck at login screen with circle spinning

I've had this problem for almost a year and now and I got so fed up and quit using windows I partitioned the drive and installed another OS on it I can boot in safe mode but not normal mode I did not get an install cd with my purchase of the computer so I don't think I can repair it via that route spinning 7 circle Stuck with login screen Windows at I'd like to know what the possible causes are to see if I can repair it on my own Frankly I've had it up to here with Windows and am itching to wipe the drive and install another OS if I don not find a solution to the problem and find one fast Why can't microsoft create some way to repair startup over the net Because obviously this is a very common problem with Windows There are alternatives to windows that are very good out there little things like this push customers away like what is happening to me now I am mad to switch to totally to Ubuntu or some other Linux Distro as Windows 7 Stuck at login screen with circle spinning I found out long ago that they have everything and more that Windows has and most for free I like Windows for the look and feel but this annoying problem is getting to me and this isn't the first time something screwy like this happened to me I recall once with a laptop I had that had on Vista and another time in XP God This is so frustrating I need help and I need it fast my choice of OS is hanging on this here

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows 7 Stuck at login screen with circle spinning

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows 7 Stuck at login screen with circle spinning

Quote: Originally Posted by kamron

I've had this problem for almost a year and now and I got so fed up and quit using windows. I partitioned the drive and installed another OS on it. I can boot in safe mode but not normal mode.

I did not get an install cd with my purchase of the computer so I don't think I can repair it via that route. I'd like to know what the possible causes are to see if I can repair it on my own. Frankly I've had it up to here with Windows and am itching to wipe the drive and install another OS if I don not find a solution to the problem and find one fast.

Why can't microsoft create some way to repair startup over the net? Because obviously this is a very common problem with Windows 7. There are alternatives to windows that are very good out there, little things like this push customers away (like what is happening to me now), I am mad to switch to totally to Ubuntu or some other Linux Distro as I found out long ago that they have everything and more that Windows has and most for free. I like Windows for the look and feel but this annoying problem is getting to me and this isn't the first time something screwy like this happened to me, I recall once with a laptop I had that had on Vista and another time in XP. God!!! This is so frustrating!!!!

I need help and I need it fast, my choice of OS is hanging on this here!!!

There is no need to switch from Windows 7. Windows 7 is a great os. Anyway, have you tried running system restore? You can run that by going to start then typing system restore. Restore to a time before this started happening.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/223061-windows-7-stuck-login-screen-circle-spinning.html
Relevancy 97.03%

Hello So here's my issue I started my computer and came back to find a BSOD It displayed an error code and mentioned something about a driver error I waited until the loading reached but it didn't restart on its own so i shut the computer down manually by holding the power button on my case Then it booted up but it got stuck on Stuck at before screen spinning login circle the spinning circle of dots Stuck at spinning circle before login screen I have been able to press CTRL ALT DEL while at the spinning circle which bring me to the login screen but without the box to enter my pin however I am able to access the network ease of access and power options I have tried restarting shutting down and holding shift while restarting in an effort to boot with safe mode but none have gotten me farther than the spinning circle I have searched a lot of forums and many have had similar issues to mine but none of the fixes that were suggested got me anywhere Attached are photos of the different screens I'm seeing which hopefully shed some light on the issue I'm having Thanks

A:Stuck at spinning circle before login screen

Hello and welcome to TenForums

How long did you wait for the spinning circles to complete whatever background tasks were going on? Sometimes it can take a long while if the problem happened when Windows was in the middle of an upgrade when it restarted. Next time just go and have a cup of tea and leave it for say 30 mins.

If that does not work you are going to have to boot from a W10 installation media disk or USB and go into advanced startup options to try and refresh windows.

USB Flash Drive - Create to Install Windows 10

Refresh Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/41324-stuck-spinning-circle-before-login-screen.html
Relevancy 98.04%

Hi all I have a problem with the spinning windows spinning Windows at startup/log stuck off 7 circle circle at windows startup log off It s just spins once and then it stops until the windows finishes to logon shut down It haven't been like that before I used office toolkit to crack microsoft office and before my psu died Tried Windows 7 spinning circle at windows startup/log off stuck to uninstall microsoft office and the toolkit and leftovers and tried to restore my windows to older check point but unfortunately the last restore check point i got there is after I installed microsoft office and the toolkit Windows 7 spinning circle at windows startup/log off stuck By the way I don't think the cause Windows 7 spinning circle at windows startup/log off stuck of the problem is the faulty psu since I took my brother's psu to check this issue and it happens too in addition I tried to clean registry errors and problems with ccleaner and tuneup utilities and it doesn't help And one more thing I have searched on the net before posting here and found that touchpad driver can cause this but I don't have such a driver installed Using Windows Ultimate Bit

A:Windows 7 spinning circle at windows startup/log off stuck

Quote:
I used office toolkit to crack microsoft office 2010

Is your copy of Windows 7 legit?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/284854-windows-7-spinning-circle-windows-startup-log-off-stuck.html
Relevancy 92.45%

I cannot install Malware Bytes on my pc

Have downloaded mbam setup and when I double click installer it would not execute

I then opened the installer as administrator and when I double clicked a window appeared with the message

?Select Setup Language to use during the installation? with a never ending spinning blue circle in the window I cannot proced further
Malware Bytes customer support advised me to turn off widows defender I did and still could not install
They then instructed me to use the FARBAR recovery tool and send them the results and they could not detect any problems in the reports

I have always like the malware bytes software but I am at a dead end and cannot solve the install problem.
Any suggestions on what the problem might be or an alternate to malware bytes software?

Thanks for your help

A:Install MalwareBytes stuck at Select Setup Language spinning circle

You show Win7 in your System Specs and under you name, has it been upgraded to Win10? Do you have more than 1 language installed or in use? There's a dearth of information in your System Specs.

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/67892-install-malwarebytes-stuck-select-setup-language-spinning-circle.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Have downloaded mbam setup and when I double click installer it would not execute

I then opened the installer as administrator and when I double clicked a window appeared with the message

?Select Setup Language to use during the installation? with a never ending spinning blue circle in the window I cannot proced further
Malware Bytes customer support advised me to turn off widows defender I did and still could not install
They then instructed me to use the FARBAR recovery tool and send them the results and they could not detect any problems in the reports

I have always like the malware bytes software but I am at a dead end and cannot solve the install problem.
Any suggestions on what the problem might be or an alternate to malware bytes software?

Thanks for your help

A:Install Malware Bytes stuck at Select Setup Language spinning circle

You show Win7 in your System Specs and under you name, has it been upgraded to Win10? Do you have more than 1 language installed or in use? There's a dearth of information in your System Specs.

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/67892-install-malware-bytes-stuck-select-setup-language-spinning-circle.html
Relevancy 89.01%

Hi,

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop with Windows Vista OS. I have a problem where on boot-up it hangs at the welcome screen and the circle spins and it never gets apst this.

I managed to go in to safe mode and do a system restore which got me logged in. My McAfee then flags that I am not fully protected. When I fix this by enabling the anti-virus software and I reboot the PC the same thing happens. It hangs at the welcome screen with the spinning circle.

Is the laptop possibly infected in some way. I was thinking of uninstalling Mcafee temporarily and running ccleaner, malware bytes, spybot search and destroy. I was then going to re-install McAfee again and see how things were. Has anyone came across this before?

Thanks in advance.

A:Can't log on - Spinning circle at welcome screen.

Hi your problem could well be mcafee remove it but use the removal tool to remove all traces as it puts stuff everywhere,info on uninstall http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100507
and removal tool http://majorgeeks.com/McAfee_Consumer_Product_Removal_Tool_d5420.html
only use ccleaner to clean up do not use the regcleaner or you could be back with more issues

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-log-on-spinning-circle-at-welcome-screen.875462/
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi guys how are you?

So I`m with a strange issue that just started today (Some hours ago)

Wgen i boot my system or restart or shutdown the spiining circle does not spins anymore, it`s hard to explain but it stays stuck

The system boot normal, restart and login at same speed than before

I found i guy with the same issue but no answer and he posted the image, i think it will be easier to understand:

Anyone knows how to solve it?

Thanks

A:Welcome Screen Spinning Circle Problem

Since you have an interest you can go over your install thoroughly using Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7.

It may lead to a solution or you'll just learn a lot more about your PC and Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/298725-welcome-screen-spinning-circle-problem.html
Relevancy 86%

2 days ago I got a Trojan Horse on my Hp Windows 10 laptop, a friend successfully removed it and even problem. After, I proceeded with factory reseting my laptop so it would be running faster. The reset took awhile longer than normal, so the next morning I checked to see if it was done and it was stuck on a black screen with a loading circle continuously spinning and I've tried everything I can think of doing and nothing is working. I Need IMMEDIATE HELP, I need my laptop for College. All my work is online and I'm mot able to and access it without my laptop. HELP PLEASE!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hp-Logo-screen-froze-with-circle-continually-spinning-for/td-p/5790265
Relevancy 86%

W10 Login screen Circle with I in it and flashing circle next to it at left wont allow user to type anything.
It is a HP all in 1 touch screen.
You cant type in the pw box the blank circle next to the one with the "I" in it flashes.
See pic? any ideas?

A:W10 Login screen Circle with I in it and flashing circle next to it

Your screenshot shows your email address.

Suggest you delete it and repost one with email address cropped out.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/50150-w10-login-screen-circle-i-flashing-circle-next.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Thanks for your help

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/cannot-install-malware-bytes-stuck-at-select-language-to-use-during-the-install-spinning-circle.312689/
Relevancy 83.42%

Is there a way to changing the shape of the login screen picture to a circle instead of the square?

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/398360-making-picture-circle-login-screen-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 82.13%

All was fine with my HP laptop until about 15 minutes ago. Then everything froze and the Vista logo of the spinning circle just sat there and spinned. Nothing would work and I had to do a hard power off. What could this have been? How do I prevent it?

A:Windows Vista Circle Keeps Spinning

When it does it again, open Task Manager and see what program is not responded

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/203931/windows-vista-circle-keeps-spinning/
Relevancy 81.27%

Windows 7 Pro on a refurbished Dell Optiplex 780 hangs after entering the user password.  The only recourse is holding the power button to force a power down.

I can boot into Safe Mode (and Safe Mode with Networking) with no issues.

* Tried uninstalling the antivirus software (ESET Endpoint).  No luck.
* Using MSCONFIG, I tried disabling all startup items.  Still hung.
* Then I tried disabling both startup items and system services and the was able to get to the Desktop.

Is there a way to determine whats hanging up the system by examining the Event log files?

This is getting to be a bit frustrating.

Thanks,
--Don

A:Windows 7 Pro hangs with spinning circle (hourglass)

I have found that most of the possible solutions to resolve this issue can be found in these topics.How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows VistaWindows 7 Stuck On Welcome Screen with the blue animation swirl continuing indefinitelyWindows 7 Hanging at Logon? Try Microsoft Hotfix 2578159The logon process stops responding in Windows Server 2008 R2 or in Windows 7 (Hotfix 2578159 information)Also advise what other security software do you have installed?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559121/windows-7-pro-hangs-with-spinning-circle-hourglass/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello could anyone help me with Hourglass? Spinning Into An 10 Has Windows Turned Circle a small problem I have with my Windows mouse cursor So I know the default loading icon is a Windows 10 Spinning Circle Has Turned Into An Hourglass? blue circle except whenever something's loading on my laptop instead of showing the blue circle I see the pixellated hourglass thing from Windows or something I'm not too clear when it was replaced but I know it isn't the default option It started today when I turned on my laptop I noticed something fishy about the normal arrow cursor but paid it no mind until I had to load a file and noticed the hourglass That was a little odd as everything was normal yesterday I went to this page http www computing net answers wi to look for answers and upon following all the steps I noticed that in the cursor schemes section I lacked the Windows Aero System Scheme Then again I realize as I type this I'm using Windows and the steps may be different The files have not been deleted I think because when I hit browse in Mouse Properties Pointers I see the default icons However there is no scheme If I select None I get the hourglass There is a Use Default button to the left of the browse button but it is greyed out and does not work when I select it I am kind of new to software issues so any help would be appreciated

A:Windows 10 Spinning Circle Has Turned Into An Hourglass?

The hourglass, spinning dots, etc are known as Throbber. The abnormality you have seen is usually caused by video driver. Is this laptop NEW with Windows 10 preinstalled or did you upgrade the Operating system from an earlier version?i_Xp/Vista/W7/W10 User

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/windows-10-spinning-circle-has-turned-into-an-hourglass/336.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi guys,

I know there's many threads on this subject but none seem to answer it for me.

System:

i7 950 X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 16gb Ram GTX760. Pretty sure it's a Samsung 250gb SSD.

So I upgraded W7 to W10 via iso. Install made it all the way.

On reboot it's now suck on the black background, windows logo and spinning dots.

I've removed all wireless devices.

If you need any further info please let me know.

Any help would be appreciated

A:Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck- Black Screen - Blue Logo - Spinning Dots

I would give it 15-30 minutes and then do a Hard Reset. Hold DOWN Power switch until the computer shuts down (probably about 6-8 seconds). Then, hit the Power switch to turn it back on.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/38245-windows-10-upgrade-stuck-black-screen-blue-logo-spinning-dots.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi,

I have a Windows 7 laptop and the cursor is constantly blinking at a very fast rate, with the circle spinning . I have run Norton antivirus, Norton Power Eraser, AdAware and Malwarebytes. All came back with nothing found. Additionally, the computer is very slow and unresponsive, i.e. when typing.

Thank you for your assistance.

Relevancy 80.41%

New to this site and wondered if anyone else is having the same problem Started approximately days ago I have a continuous spinning blue circle next to my mouse pointer on the desktop I have checked on several other forums trying to find a Spinning 8.1 Circle pro pointer Windows Desktop Blue fix although many people are also complaining of the same problem My computer is running fine with no other problems can anyone HELP Please x Dell Ultrasharp inch Premier Colour Widescreens CoolerMaster Cosmos S Gaming Tower Case CPU Intel Core i - X Extreme Edition Six Core GHz GTs MB LGA Spinning Blue Circle Desktop pointer Windows 8.1 pro XX HD O S GB SSD Crucial M HD GB SSD Crucial M Series SATA III Gaming MLC HD TB SATA-III Gb s RPM Hard Drive TB TBx Raid Extreme Performance GB Ram PC DDR mhz Triple Channel Memory Overclockable XXX MB -Way SLI Support Asus Rampage III Extreme Intel X Chipset SLI CrossFireX LGA ATX Mainboard - Overclockable w HD Audio GbLAN IEEE a USB Bluetooth SATA-III RAID Gen PCIe PCIe X amp PCI POWERSUPPLY Watts ThermalTake ToughPower Gaming Power Supply -- SLI Crossfire ready X-Fi Titanium Fatal ty Champion Series PCI-E Sound Card Bose Companion Multimedia Speaker System x EVGA GB GeForce GTX GDDR CLASSIFIED CPU BOOST ACX double bio in S L I CORSAIR Gaming Keyboard RAT Mouse Sennheiser PC D Gaming headset

A:Spinning Blue Circle Desktop pointer Windows 8.1 pro

Is it continuous or does it just randomly appear sometimes for about 5 seconds? If it is the latter that is quite normal, it happens to me on my machine. If the blue circle is always shown and spinning it indicates soemthing big going on in the background, this could be all sorts of things. Some causes could be perfectly natural, some causes could be bad. Open task manager (ctrl+alt+delete) and go to the details tab, list the details by the "memory" clumn to have the highest usage processes at the top. Write down the names of each task manager process you see, then type those names into a post here, in the order of highest to lowest memory usage. Also go to the performance tab of task manager, write down the percentage CPU, memory and disk usage. Type those numbers into a post on here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/577202/spinning-blue-circle-desktop-pointer-windows-81-pro/
Relevancy 79.12%

running windows 10 version 1607,anyways windows did its regular update thing and when it was done now i cant login. i enter my password and its welcome and then just goes right back to the lock screen. please help. cant find anything relevant online so far. sony vaio pc.

A:cant login after recent windows update, stuck at login screen

Hi ! Did you create a system repair CD or a system recovery drive?? Here are the ways that you can recover. My first choice would be to restore to a time before the update with a restore point! Read this by HTG! How to Create and Use a Recovery Drive or System Repair Disc in Windows 8 or 10 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...covery-options
PS! Using a Recovery Drive or System Repair Disc
A recovery drive will normally not be necessary. If your computer fails to boot several times, Windows 8 or 10 will automatically bring up the advanced startup options, which allows you to troubleshoot and fix it.
If Windows can?t even bring up these tools, you?ll need the recovery drive, system repair disc, or a Windows 8 or 10 installation disc. Insert the recovery media into your computer and restart. Your computer should boot from the recovery media automatically. (If it doesn?t, you may need to change its boot order.)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441980-cant-login-after-recent-windows-update-stuck-login-screen.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I returned home from work today to find that my computer won't boot Great it's going to one of those weeks After the bios screen and the windows logo the computer hangs on the following screen blue background with the spinning white dots It looks like it's trying to log in but it screen to boot- Unable blue spinning stuck on dots. with gets stuck The dots never freeze or at least Unable to boot- stuck on blue screen with spinning dots. not in the Unable to boot- stuck on blue screen with spinning dots. hour or two I've left it- it just keeps spinning and trying to log in Before I go further I'll give you some specs Homebuilt Windows desktop up to date upgraded from months ago Gigabyte z x ud h mobo Haswell i - k Nvidia ti gb ram Ok where was I The strange part about this is that everything was working fine yesterday and I didn't really do anything since then I upgraded from W to months ago and it's been working fine There were no windows updates yesterday Feb nd and I didn't install any other driver or system updates In fact the only things I did install were the Steam VR test and a game on steam Nothing else was changed since the last time it booted Unable to boot- stuck on blue screen with spinning dots. properly Now onto what I've tried I'm at a bit of an impasse here because I can't really get the computer to do anything Booting into bios works but that's about it I can't get into safe mode thanks W F doesn't work can't restart into it from desktop or from login screen If anyone knows another way let me know I've messed around with cables inside the tower plugged and unplugged hard drives In the course of restarting many times I got a quot bios corrupt quot error after which it started recovering into the secondary bios losing all my OC settings and other bios settings But the problem persisted I then tried updating my bios but I keep getting quot invalid file quot messages when I try to update from bios Qflash Finally I didn't have a W recovery drive but I downloaded one from Microsoft Startup repair says it cannot find any issues and attempting a system restore gives me the error quot you must specify which windows installation to restore Restart select OS then select system restore quot that doesn't seem helpful Ok on to command prompt Trying to enter safe mode from here gives me a quot boot config data could not be opened System device not found quot Then I tried to rebuild the master boot record as detailed here How To Use Command Prompt To Fix Issues With Your PC's Boot Records with no luck I've called it a day here Anyway I think this sums things up Let me know if you need any more info or if you have any ideas on how to continue from here Is there anything else I can do in the command prompt Thank you very much

A:Unable to boot- stuck on blue screen with spinning dots.

Have you tried a Ctrl+Alt+Del when the blue circles are spinning and seeing if you can get to a screen where you can try a Shift +Restart to get in the advanced start-up options?

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/41847-unable-boot-stuck-blue-screen-spinning-dots.html
Relevancy 73.53%

My brand new Acer Aspire E15 was doing fine, but after a windows update the keyboard stopped working (Error number -19). I could login normally by using the on-screen keyboard. But the keyboard didn't work either when booted into windows, it was very annoying to use the on-screen keyboard all the time, so I wanted to fix the problem, to fix the keyboard error I decided to boot into safe mode. But now my trackpad stopped working too! Which means I can't select the on-screen keyboard at the login screen to type my password, and I can't type my password with the keyboard. I'm stuck at the login screen now, how can I fix this login problem and my keyboard problem? I don't have a recovery CD / USB and I can't make one because I don't have a CD / DVD right now. I'm typing this from my macbook.

A:Stuck at login screen Windows 8.1

Nevermind, I got it working by pressing Alt + F10 on startup and then refreshing the pc.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/68426-stuck-login-screen-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi guys, sometimes I encounter this problem where I'm stuck on the login screen. It has only happened only after periods of inactivity, never at startup. My laptop also never sleeps, as it just turns off the monitor and gets locked. I would type my password and press enter and the loop thing would just keep on looping. I have to turn off the power button to restart it. Can anyone help? Thanks.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/56286-windows-8-1-stuck-login-screen.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi.

For several weeks I have been trying to solve a problem on a family members desktop computer.

The scenario is as follows:

User clicks on their profile and their custom background appears. From here, the taskbar and desktop icons do not appear automatically and the user must open task manager and manually launch the process 'explorer.exe' to force the desktop to appear correctly.

The problem occurs with all the profiles on the computer and there is nothing in the event log to suggest that there is a problem.

Could someone help me out?

A:Windows stuck at login screen

Check the Shell value for Winlogon in your registry. Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
should show:

Shell REG_SZ explorer.exe

Or download this tool: http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/XP_FixLogon.zip
This utility checks for the correct GINA value in the Registry and will allow you to restore it, if its incorrect.

By the way, this is usually a sign of Virus\Malware infection
You are therefore advised to go here, and complete all steps:
Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-stuck-at-login-screen.114251/
Relevancy 73.1%

Something is causing problems with my computer. I get the spinning blue circle and it is very tiresome. It seems to occur most often when I wake the computer after having it closed for awhile and I am launcing Outlook, Firefox, iTunes or whatever. I think, but do not know for a fact, that Outlook may be the culprit in causing the crash.

So, putting all this together, I get the spinning blue circle when I wake the computer and try to start Outlook and other software. Or it may be something totally different. Any thoughts on things I could try to fix this issue?

Many thanks.

A:Spinning Blue Circle

What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/435150/spinning-blue-circle/
Relevancy 73.1%

You know the spinning blue circle you get when the computer is busy opening up a program or something? Well mine stopped spinning after I installed a game called "World In Conflict". The circle comes up like normal when I open my virus scan window for instance, but is just circle and doesn't spin like it usually does... How can I fix this?! Please help!

thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/spinning-blue-circle-185127.html
Relevancy 73.1%

It's back! The spinning blue circle. My computer freezes and won't respond for minutes on end. All the while the blue circle spins. This morning it lasted for about 20 minutes until I powered down manually. I think this means that it's doing too many tasks at once. Any thoughts on how to prevent this?

Thanks.

A:Spinning Blue Circle

FWIW: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-networking/long-time-to-re-connect-to-wireless-router-after/434410d0-fba0-4aae-b814-6cb34855e024

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/443394/spinning-blue-circle/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi  recently iv`e been having a problem with not being able to download youtube and the likes, the clip starts to download flashes then fails to load up with the spnning circle just keeps spinning! This happens on yahoo news clips as well!     Malwarebytes scan says    error archive password protected!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/555431/no-video-and-spinning-circle/
Relevancy 73.1%

My computer won't let me get to the login due to an endless spinning circle. It also won't go to safe mode. Please help.

A:Blue spinning circle

Boot from a repair disc or an install disc and do a REPAIR option.

Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607384/blue-spinning-circle/
Relevancy 73.1%

I have a new HP 305DX notebook windows 10 that is extremely slow changing when clicking for desired article/site etc,.For a new computer something is not right....the symptom of my issue is the spinning icon one sees when waiting for next desired search...the icon just spins and spins sometimes waiting for the search to be executed and or to be able to enter in search bar....oddly some general sites do not have the same amount of delay...for example a site like Yahoo Finance is horribly slow while an online Brokerage site I use is much quicker....signed, tired of getting "loopy"...SOS

A:watching the spinning circle

I have a new HP 305DX notebook windows 10Click to expand...

I'm guessing you actually have a HP 15-f305dx Notebook PC (N5Y24UA) that came with Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

You might want to make use of the Troubleshooting - Lockups & PC Performance - Slow Performance section.

----------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/watching-the-spinning-circle.1161212/
Relevancy 73.1%

I just purchased a new laptop with win 10 and the pointer has a spinning circle that will not go away. PLEASE HELP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/spinning-circle-from-hades.1155710/
Relevancy 73.1%

I purchased a new laptop with win 10 my problem is the cursor or pointer has a spinning circle that will not go away. I shut down and restarted but still spinning.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/spinning-circle-from-hades.1155711/
Relevancy 72.67%

I had a problem yesterday where I couldn't log in to my account on Windows but my wife's account worked fine I noticed that the computer had poor performance when on her stuck Welcome Windows on alternative fix screen an login after 7 - account I ran MBAM and everything came back clean I tried both accounts in safe mode and had the same behavior Then I remembered that the night before the computer froze Windows 7 stuck on Welcome screen after login - an alternative fix up for about minutes then started working again I decided to restart it that night because I have a memory leak somewhere and I thought that it might have caused the crash Windows 7 stuck on Welcome screen after login - an alternative fix I never logged back in that night after the restart When I tried it the next morning I got the behavior above I went through the steps for this problem to run sfc scannow which always stopped at before I got an error that it couldn't complete I was still having problems with the performance too Everything would go fine for a few minutes then it would be excruciatingly slow for a while I remembered when I had performance issues like this before and it was when my hard drive was going out several years ago My current hard drive is not a year old yet so I didn't think that was happening I decided to run a chkdsk to make sure though While the first chkdsk was clean I decided to schedule the chkdsk r with the GUI not the cmd on startup The scan found that ntuser dat and a couple other files had bad sectors and moved them I left it all night to finish checking free disk space When I tried this morning I was able to login and the performance was back to normal It looks like in my case the ntuser dat was corrupted or affected in some way by the bad sector While this may not always be the case it could be the cause of some of the more difficult to fix instances of this problem

A:Windows 7 stuck on Welcome screen after login - an alternative fix

FWIW:  Programs/files don't "have" bad sectors...they lie on bad sectors, which are part of the hard drive/partition.  If the files are on bad sectors, then Windows may have difficulty reading such and using such files.

The chkdsk /r command is the only tool that I know of which can attempt to move files on bad sectors to good sectors.  It is not necessarily successful at any of these attempts.

Bad sectors increasing on hard drives can be an indicator of a failing/problematical hard drive.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/564866/windows-7-stuck-on-welcome-screen-after-login-an-alternative-fix/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi Guys
I have unfortunatly been forced to be on the new version of Windows 10 (1607) and as a result the spinning white loading circle that is normally present when it comes to the sign out function along with the shutting down function is not there, although it's there when I log into Windows 10.
Anyone else having this problem, very strange!
Anyway is there a fix to this problem and if so how may I approach it.
Cheers guys
From Peter

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/61941-spinning-circle-not-present-when-signing-out-etc.html
Relevancy 72.24%

From time to time, more often than I would like, my computer stops responding and I get the spinning blue circle. I think this is because I'm asking it to do too much at once or some streaming audio or video is hogging the system. When this happens it usually clears itself after a few minutes. Once it is clear is there any way I can determine the cause of the blue circle? Thanks.

A:Spinning Blue Circle - Any Way to See What Caused it?

Open the Task Manager, click on Processes and see what processes have the highest CPU usage. Please use the following link to provide us with information about your computer so that we can assist you further.How to Publish a Snapshot using Speccy

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/484724/spinning-blue-circle-any-way-to-see-what-caused-it/
Relevancy 72.24%

Working on a friends HP running windows 7. Very slow response to opening browser. Spinning blue circle constant. Wouldn't open task manager. Forced shutdown. Restart. In task manager close MAN toolbar but note catalyst control center. That's a new one.
Any ideas what could be causing the problems? I.e., slow response and spinning circle.
Thanks!

A:Slow response; spinning circle; ??

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/547953/slow-response;-spinning-circle;/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi there!

I'm new to the forums; i just got Windows 7 this weekend and so far I totaly love it

I have changed the cursors both busy and waiting to other cursors that dont use that crazy green circle.

but..

when windows is on the log in screen it plays the circle as well as on the log off screen when installing updates.

How can I change or remove the green spinning circle icons from these places?

p.s.
I remember from back in the day that Internet Explorer would let you change it's icons to a custom icon like aol or compuserve ( wow the memories ); how can we change the spinning circle icon in the IE 8 tabs to something else? ( like the ie6 windows waving flag maybe? )

Many Thanks in advance!

A:circle spinning drives me nuts

ucm,

Welcome to SevenForums.

That spinning dodaddy simply indicates that Win 7 is busy.

I really like the "spinner" and always wait for same to disappear before continuing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/104718-circle-spinning-drives-me-nuts.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I would like to know if anyone has made a custom graphic to replace the spinning circle next to the cursor. If you haven't made one, maybe you know where to find one? Surely someone else has got a bit bored with it and tried to change it.

any help would be appreciated.

oh... and hello all.. first post, I'm new here.

A:change spinning circle next to cursor?

Welcome onboard!

You can go to Mouse in the Control Panel, and change the scheme in the dropdown window...if you can find something that you like better.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/37051-change-spinning-circle-next-cursor.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello all.
One of my friend has HP pro book laptop. Until yesterday it boot properly. But now it shows logon screen more than 10 minutes and welcome screen same time. After it boot it painfully slow. Why is that? How do i fix it?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/54236-windows-8-stuck-login-screen-not-finish-boot.html
Relevancy 71.81%

So I have installed windows 10 on my x220. Everything is updateted, I have installed all the drivers, using new UEFI booting and all that - no problems using it EXPECT that +- every second boot i get stuck on login screen. I then have to hard turn off the notebook by holding the power button. Boot again and it boots with no problem at all. I tryied repairing windows instalation by repair media, no success. I am using fingerprint scanner to login.It says "There was an error, please repete the action" while it gets stuck on login screen.Also nothing connected to the notebook.I have made a short video of my problem and added comments of what is happining.Anyone can help, please?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Thinkpad-X220-stuck-at-login-screen-windows-10/td-p/3415881
Relevancy 71.81%

My PC stuck at the login screen without user password prompt in safe mode.

I've tried the solutions as follows, however, none of them are success :

Use the Windows 10 installation media to log into the "Troubleshoot Mode" and "Startup Repair".

"System Restore" in "Troubleshoot Mode" isn't work for me as Kaspersky IS is installed and it prevents the "System Restore" process.

Use the Windows 10 installation media, to try "Upgrade" the windows. It fails also as Windows 10 already exist.

It's grateful if anyone can help to fix it.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/65391-windows-10-stuck-login-screen-without-password-prompt.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi peeps Stuck Help before Windows on 8.1 Gray Screen page login I need some help I've read a lot of posts and not found any for my issue Most are stuck with flickering cursor I don't know exactly what happened so I'll go Windows 8.1 Help Stuck on Gray Screen before login page through what I done leading up to the issue I processed a Windows update I used spybot to remove some spyware which it didn't work so I selected run - msconfig - Windows 8.1 Help Stuck on Gray Screen before login page boot options - safe mode So I could run a new scan on spybot So I rebooted and bios page loaded then the blue Windows icon with the round dotted circle the screen then goes black for seconds All that loads up is a grey screen with narrator options in the bottom left corner and the restart shutdown option in the bottom right corner I've tried all kinds and don't know what to do Its Windows professional I touchscreen all in one I've had it months I don't have the disc to hand the person I purchased it from does have it still Thanks in advance

A:Windows 8.1 Help Stuck on Gray Screen before login page

Anyone help with this? How can i do a recovery.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55858-windows-8-1-help-stuck-gray-screen-before-login-page.html
Relevancy 71.38%

After running well for a few weeks the spinning blue circle is back. In the middle of working on the computer, Firefox greys out and I get the spinning blue circle. Or, Outlook crashes and I get the spinning blue circle. It's frustrating.

It seems that there is something running in the background that is hogging resources, but I can't imagine what it can be. (It may be something else, of course.)

Note that while typing the above sentence and this sentence the computer locked up two or three times for three or four seconds.

I've got Carbonite installed, but I have it paused. I've got Norton but it is not running anything special.

Also, tonight, the screen blacked out for a while and I could not rouse it. Meanwhile, the songs on iTunes kept playing.

What should I do?

Is it worth it to buy PCmatic or one of those advertised programs?

Thanks.

A:Arrrrr! Spinning Blue Circle is Back! HELP!

"After running well for a few weeks the spinning blue circle is back"

What was the previous issue ?
Is Norton working and giving you a clean bill of health ?
You should also scan with a malware scanner like Malwarebytes.

When the screen blacked out it could just be your monitor powering down. No biggey.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/495369/arrrrr-spinning-blue-circle-is-back-help/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello. When I started my computer this evening it was running very slowly. Lots of clicking and having to wait. Lots of spinning blue circles. I noticed in task manager that there were two Outlooks running? How can that be? I closed Outlook and there is still one running? Any thoughts on the two Outlooks or the slow computer?

Thanks!

A:Slow Computer Spinning Circle Two Outlooks

Same problem after restarting?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/535965/slow-computer-spinning-circle-two-outlooks/
Relevancy 71.38%

I have two machines with this problem Both are running with Media Center and are updated regularly One machine has been recently circle with Center Media hangs spinning clean installed Media Center hangs with spinning circle and the other has been stable for over months The second machine is used as a media player and has Windows Chrome Adobe Reader and Norton installed The problem is that I start MC and within - seconds it hangs with the spinning circle Once it hangs the mouse keyboard and remote have no control over the app It doesn't seem to matter whether I start a recorded program try to do some setup or just leave it running on the start screen If I can start to play a recorded program before it hangs the playing continues In any case the Media Center hangs with spinning circle only way to get control is to kill the app in Task Manager I found a fix that involves turning Media Center feature off rebooting then turning it back on This restores operation for about weeks after which the problem reappears One machine has had this problem show up times and the other twice The machines seem to alternate on a weekly basis I would like to find a permanent solution any ideas

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/71180-media-center-hangs-spinning-circle.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I've searched on Google and many forums for solutions for this problems at nauseum. None of the suggestions posted work for this issue: at least HALF of the time I launch a video on Youtube, its version of the hour glass processing sign, an annoying spinning circle, goes on for a long time and then either plays my requested video or gives me the Youtube error message.

I've done everything from malware cleanings to restarting my computer and modem. This problem is only occurring in the IE 11 browser, which I prefer

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/381929-youtube-spinning-circle-hour-glass-ie-11-a.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I had recently purchased a new laptop from Lenovo, and had decided to change a few setting on the Windows 8.1 host file. After the changes, I flushed my DNS settings, turned off my network settings and rebooted my computer.

To my surprise, as I login Windows 8.1, it keeps reseting to the password screen over and over again.

I do not know what to do from here, as I cannot even log-in to change my settings, or even boot my system in safe mode.

Please help!

Thank you

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/29576-windows-8-1-stuck-login-screen-after-changing-host-file.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I have followed several similar threads and their fixes for this problem with no result After downloading the Win upgrade my system then said quot loading updates quot Then it restarted with a blue login screen saying quot Welcome Back quot And a box to enter my password The cursor is blinking in the box but neither my mouse or keyboard works I have hard booted several times since the ctrl alt delete does not work I am also not able to access safe mode as none of the quot F quot keys work during boot up I have tried the following Unplugged all USB devices except keyboard does at 10 windows recognize keyboard or stuck screen mouse login not Turning off internet at the router I have a Dell desktop and upgraded from Windows with a Netgear router modem I do NOT have an animated avitar as someone else mentioned in the forum The windows 10 stuck at login screen does not recognize mouse or keyboard only way I can get the system to move is if I power off at the main switch after booting up which goes into bios and disc diagnostics but I don't know enough about computers to know what to do there HELP PLEASE My computer is useless now

A:windows 10 stuck at login screen does not recognize mouse or keyboard

Booted up again and let it run for several hours. I noticed some flashing under the power button like it was processing info, but it stopped after about 20 mins. Still frozen at login page. Help Please!

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/12355-windows-10-stuck-login-screen-does-not-recognize-mouse-keyboard.html
Relevancy 70.95%

When I started it up this morning it won't go past the black screen and white circle loading page ( after the dell logo). I have run a diagnostic scan but it says everything is ok...any ideas?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19997038
Relevancy 70.95%

I've been dealing with this nausance for probably over a year.. this blue spinning circle that stops us from typing at different point mostly typing emails. We have just upgraded to att uverse from dsl (happened then too).  I've watched utube videos and tried finding the programs that maybe causing this to happen but nothing has worked. Please help, THANKS

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Blue-spinning-circle-pausing-me-while-trying-to-type-emails/td-p/5843024
Relevancy 70.95%

I continue to have numerous computer freezes and crashes with the spinning blue circle. This morning Firefox crashed once and greyed out several times with the spinning blue circle going round and round. Outlook now has started freezing with the message trying to contact the server.

Any ideas on how I can clear all this up once and for all?

Thanks.

A:Continued Spinning Blue Circle: Firefox / Outlook / Etc.

the spinning blue circle going round and round

Do you mean the mouse cursor?

Could you provide more detail, like when did that problem happen (maybe after you installed a program, that issue happened or recently, do you download programs/movies/music from websites)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/492762/continued-spinning-blue-circle-firefox-outlook-etc/
Relevancy 70.95%

I've recently purchased a new PC and have been setting it up t the way I like I have an issue that I've been trying to figure out and it's starting drive me a little crazy After the PC boots up it takes a few minutes everything loads fine then something must be working in the background possibly trying to load because the busy circle never goes away from my cursor I've tried to keep an eye on the system monitor to see what might be loading or trying to load I've also tried killing some items to see if the busy circle goes away and randomly stopping and starting services So far I haven't had any luck Is the (spinning on time all cursor really) Hourglass "busy" circle there a better monitoring app or possibly place I can look to Hourglass on cursor all the time (spinning "busy" circle really) see what the culprit might be Near as I can tell it started after I cloned and swapped out the HD that came with the new PC for a SSD It appeared to go Hourglass on cursor all the time (spinning "busy" circle really) smoothly The system seems to be functioning normally it's not like whatever is trying to load is hindering the performance near as I can tell I'm open to suggestions System Windows Pro SP Dell XPS Desktop - Intel Core i - Processor GB DDR Memory Samsung PRO SSD Thanks for looking peaty

A:Hourglass on cursor all the time (spinning "busy" circle really)

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post. 
Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578503/hourglass-on-cursor-all-the-time-spinning-busy-circle-really/
Relevancy 70.95%

My computer is freezing, requiring me to power down; it is also unresponsive at times so that click from one application to another takes a few seconds rather than immeidate switch; it also has periods of the horrid spinning blue circle.

This happened a few weeks ago. Folks on this site were very helpful but now the problem is back. As suggested last time, I ran chkdsk but the problems continue.

I fear, however, that the harddrive may be dying. It's about five years old. I downloaded the manufacturer's harddrive diagnostic tool but it does not even recognize the harddrive.

Any other ideas?

A:Freezing, Spinning Blue Circle, Unresponsiveness / Harddrive?

If you have the correct diagnostic...and the drive cannot be recognized as such by it...I'd say that's conclusive evidence of a failing drive.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/497947/freezing-spinning-blue-circle-unresponsiveness-harddrive/
Relevancy 70.95%

Wondering if anybody has encountered any issues in the past weeks with Windows machines just randomly freezing - minutes after bootup things seem fine and then all of a sudden explorer exe seems to just die You get a spinning blue circle cannot bring up task manager or anything else once it happens you can only hit the power button on the machine and reboot I had this problem last week on a laptop on our network After a short bit of troubleshooting it was decided it was easiest and fastest to format and reinstall as the employee had very little data or applications installed on their machine Today got a call from another Explorer bootup. Spinning after Circle, minutes a few hangs person having the exact same issue I've verified Spinning Circle, Explorer hangs a few minutes after bootup. the problem on multiple profiles In both cases it was Windows Enterprise bit Both machines running TrendMicro officescan x which is used corporate wide Spinning Circle, Explorer hangs a few minutes after bootup. I've attempted to run malwarebytes but the machine hangs before the scan finishes I ran an sfc scannow and it does not find any quot integrity violations quot I ran a chkdsk on C and it scheduled it on reboot performed the check and it appears to have found nothing wrong

A:Spinning Circle, Explorer hangs a few minutes after bootup.

Nope.....Ive not seen this recently (My work PC is W7 Professional x64 also with Trend Micro). HDD Indexing possibly?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/294218-spinning-circle-explorer-hangs-few-minutes-after-bootup.html
Relevancy 70.95%

in win 7, everything is perfect. very fast boot.

i upgraded to win 10 and now that circle stays spinning a long time! eventually the desktop will appear.

i tried a fresh install; same problem.

since it is a toshiba, i asked also in their forums. their suggestions did not help.

what is windows 10 doing, that windows 7 is not?

http://www.tenforums.com/general-support/53343-spinning-circle-stays-long-time-before-desktop-comes.html
Relevancy 70.95%

How do you check add ons and disable them? Driving me nuts and not displaying all the page.I read how to uninstall Google and do not get the drag part. Has to be in layman terms for me. Thanks Kathleen

A:Spinning circle mouse pointer keeps circling, using google

Several ways to disable add-ons in Chrome, here:http://www.wikihow.com/Disable-Add-OnsAlways pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/spinning-circle-mouse-pointer-keeps-circling-using-google/317.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi I was messing around when playing Skyrim with card into graphics & striped sound's spinning stuck fans fast a screen, brown Crashes some ini tweaks to make the game look better since I thought my computer could handle it My rig consists of Gigabyte slightly OC i - k ghz stock speeds GB RAM W PSU PLATINUM So looks like I went to far with the graphical tweaks When loading the game the screen quickly turned brown and sound got stuck really loud and then a fan I can't tell if it is the graphics card fans or the one from my PSU starts spinning in different speeds from what I hear about - It totally freaked me out so I pressed the turn off button on my computer for secs for emergency exit I suspect that my CPU caused the error or possibly Crashes into a brown striped screen, sound's stuck & graphics card fans spinning fast the PSU After this my computer seemed to work fine though UNTIL I played a very old game not GPU intensive at all and the same brown screen came This time I waited around to see if something happens After perhaps minute of waiting I heard the Win OS quot log in quot sound Weird My screen was still brown so I pressed emergency exit again Since this my computer has gone nuts When I rebooted the graphics drivers were messed up and screen resolution was as if there was no drivers installed I tried installing the latest driver again but Crashes into a brown striped screen, sound's stuck & graphics card fans spinning fast it said there already is one installed So I uninstalled and installed the drivers again Crashes into a brown striped screen, sound's stuck & graphics card fans spinning fast and still no fix Now none of my games run however I got the screen resolution to normal in the Control Panel This means the system still detects the graphics card Somehow the drivers just don't work I'm pretty much able to do anything watch youtube vids on p no problem except anything that needs the graphic drivers especially games Upon startup I always get a message saying that quot atiadlxy dll is not meant to work with Windows quot or something along those lines Let me know if you want me to post the whole error line Any ideas what might be the problem

A:Crashes into a brown striped screen, sound's stuck & graphics card fans spinning fast

Actually, when I let Steam auto-detect and install graphics drivers, the problems have stopped. Weird that CCC's in-built system failed on me.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/crashes-into-a-brown-striped-screen-sounds-stuck-and-graphics-card-fans-spinning-fast-661591.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Well the title was hopefully discriptive and brief enough to get some skilled help on this one so here is a bit more details I am working on a DELL XPS with Vista Home Premium build its a couple years old Its not mine and I am not entirely familiar with the machine I do know this it can handle vista fine and works well until yeasterday I am told the Login reinstall Vista stuck activate, screen Home, must to at Windows machine came from Dell and was bought just as Dell switched to not offering XP anymore I do not know what updates have been applied Error Details Boots fine to login screen then I get error message quot Windows must be reinstalled to Activate quot I hit close and get droped to Login Vista Home, Windows must reinstall to activate, stuck at Login screen screen I click admin user only user available and Vista Home, Windows must reinstall to activate, stuck at Login screen get Vista Home, Windows must reinstall to activate, stuck at Login screen the message again As an additional error the bottom right of my screen reads This Copy of Windows is not Genuine Windows Vista Build I do have Windows and OS X Snow Leapord disks available if I need to use them but would rather not I do not as yet know if Vista disks are available What I need I need to recover critical buisness files from the computer if at possible before doing a reinstall Attempting a safe mode boot to try and recover files now while I wait for quot hopefully prompt quot response

A:Vista Home, Windows must reinstall to activate, stuck at Login screen

As an update, I am able to login via safe mode and in the process of backing up files.

I still do not know the cause of my errors above and would greatly appriciate some insight.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/273290-vista-home-windows-must-reinstall-activate-stuck-login-screen.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Today I tried Spinning after insider update white attempted circle green on to Spinning white circle on green after attempted insider update update my Windows insider preview fast system to the latest build During the first attempt I received a Spinning white circle on green after attempted insider update BSOD and rollback After multiple reboots and cleanups such as removing kaspersky I was able to do the update again The update completed since I once had the quot hi quot screens after login however after a reboot I am not constantly getting the spinning white circle left for an hour no desktop This is the nd stage with blue background not the initial loading windows flag I've since rebooted a few times but nothing I booted a windows USB to attempt to run recovery options but received a message that an update was in progress quot it looks like you started an upgrade and booted from installation media quot I was unable to revert to a previous build and startup repair didn't help I can get to the command line but other than copy files there's little else I can do system is of course all backed up anyway to crashplan and non system drive data looks intact in any case Any tips - other than a clean install perhaps not such a bad thing after over a year of insider builds

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/46564-spinning-white-circle-green-after-attempted-insider-update.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Whenever I choose one of the alternative printers (other than the default) I get a spinning blue circle and flickering mouse. This happens when I am using Word 2007. OS is 32 bit Win 7.

I have tried to see what processes are running in Task Manager and could not determine anythng that is hogging resources.

Furthermore, I find that in Word, Outlook and IE I am unable to print in colour at this alternative printer even though the setup shows that colour has been correctly chossen.

I have not problems printing in colour in Excel

Once the cursor starts misbehaving in Word I have no option but to shut it down and start again.

I do not get the curor problems in Outlook or IE but do have the problem with the printer not choosing the right colour option.

Does anyone have any clues where I should start looking for the solution?

A:Spinning circle and flickering mouse when alternative printer chosen

open word,outlook,ie etc and pint (most applications use CTRL-P to activate it). Then select the alternative printer and click properties. Set it to colour and print.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/264117-spinning-circle-flickering-mouse-when-alternative-printer-chosen.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Microsoft Edge has worked well for me since my Windows 10 upgrade last September. For the past three days, however, my internet browsing experience has been horrendous. Edge frequently stalls, with annoyingly long delays in responding to mouse wheel (scrolling) activity. The spinning blue circle that comes on during these interruptions reminds me of the nightmare I suffered through with Windows Vista years ago. Thinking that viruses or other contamination may be the cause, I ran my McAfee security suite (sponsored by my ISP), but the results showed no sign of contamination.
Can anyone help?
Thanks.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/56462-microsoft-edge-unstable-frequently-stalls-spinning-blue-circle.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello.

It seems that my HP laptop is experienceing a number of issues. With more and more frequency the computer freezes: i.e., it locks up so that I cannot use it. Normally it corrects itself after a minute or so. Sometimes I can move the cursor; somethimes I can't. Sometimes I can tab between programs; sometimes I can't. Often the spinning blue circle appears and often the screen grays out. I assume, without knowing, that some other program is using the computer's resources.Any idea on what this could be or how I could fix the issue?

Also, I notice that my computer is booting up more slowly than it used to. Any idea on how to speed up the start-up process?

Thanks.

A:Computer freezing; graying; spinning blue circle; slow start-up

Please use the following link to provide us with information about your computer so that we can assist you.How to Publish a Snapshot using Speccy Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it. Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size. Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, copy it and paste it in your next post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/491197/computer-freezing;-graying;-spinning-blue-circle;-slow-start-up/
Relevancy 69.23%

I have just upgraded my Lenovo Flex from Windows to Windows with the ISO MS upgrade everything spinning 10 stuck dots, did Windows on had provided in their site Things were going smoothly until after reaching the laptop rebooted and voila an empty black screen was in front of me Windows 10 upgrade stuck on spinning dots, did everything After hour of waiting for something to happen I decided to shut down through holding the power button and restarted The Lenovo logo and the spinning dots appeared but after a moment the logo disappeared and the spinning dots have remained again for an hour I have did everything from the sites Google has brought me to including Windows 10 upgrade stuck on spinning dots, did everything - removing all wireless dongles particularly the one for my wireless mouse - ctrl alt del - esc - f shift f - win p - hard reset But nothing happened and the dots went spinning and spinning until the screen turned off with the power still on What should I do I have important documents I should have finished in my laptop by now Hope someone can reply ASAP

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/67759-windows-10-upgrade-stuck-spinning-dots-did-everything.html
Relevancy 67.94%

All I downloaded windows ISO I purchased it file and created bootable DVD and USB using Rufus I want to install windows in one of the system which had corrupted windows in SSD No data or nothing is required My system config is below Intel i th gen Gigabyte H D H which has UEFI and flashed to version Nvidia GT driver not updated but the site listing says it is compatible with win GB RAM SSD GB which has corrupted win HDD GB Believe I have the minimum system requirement to install at dots) Windows blue logo(no 10 stuck spinning installation Windows After selecting cd dvd usb windows logo appears without any spinning dots Windows 10 installation stuck at blue logo(no spinning dots) just plain logo and get stuck there I waited for - hour but nothing happened I searched and some of them have suggested to remove components and keep only bare minimum So I tried removing GFX card and the HDD and kept only SSD default changed to IGFX But even then it doesnt move forward from the windows logo screen Please someone suggest how to move this installation further Any debugging options Anything I am missing here I purchased it and hence I dont want to waste the money I spent on it I checked in BIOS and I can confirm that Fast boot is disabled or Data Execution Prevention and or similar options are enabled Note I havent used media creation tool here To confim whether my bootable DVD USB had some errors in initiating setup I tried running setup exe within my friends machine win and it is launching and giving me screens to download updates and or to enter product key Images attached which gives indication that setup is launching But when I try to run the setup as bootable DVD USB I get the blue logo screen and nothing happens even no spinning dots below logo and or errors to share Refer Image - Win Bootable DVD jpg Any help is appreciated to move this forward Thanks Guhan

A:Windows 10 installation stuck at blue logo(no spinning dots)

Your post reads like the USB drive you created isn't really bootable, if it won't boot your machine or your friend's.

I have never used Rufus. It's easy enough to make a bootable drive using diskpart, although it's a little more dangerous (you could delete the wrong drive or partition if you are careless). It's especially easy if you wish to make a bootable FAT32 drive, which is what the UEFI systems I own need.

Are you aware that you have to do an upgrade install one time with the free Win 10 upgrade to get it to activate? (After you have done that once, you can clean install on the same hardware. There's no unique key; the information is retained on the MS activation servers.) Doing an upgrade install on a corrupt Win 7 installation sounds like a bad idea. I hope that you have the means to install (or re-install) a qualifying OS (7 or 8) and to activate it.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/25457-windows-10-installation-stuck-blue-logo-no-spinning-dots.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hopefully this will be a super easy fix.

I just bought a hp mini 311 netbook. The user login screen shows only one icon for a user account. Even though that account always had the word "locked" under it, it would always open up when clicked on. Now it will not. I've had the computer only about a day now.

So I'm stuck at the login screen. Is there a way to create a new account from this screen? Other thoughts.

Thanks,
Ryan.

A:Stuck at login screen.

Hello Ryan !! Welcome to Seven Forums !!

Follow this link Safe Mode and log on to the Safe Mode there you might find an Administrator account.Login to that account and create a new Administrator. Then reboot the System normally.

Hope this helps,
Captain

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/91782-stuck-login-screen.html
Relevancy 64.5%

My mother is a JROTC teacher and the Army sent new laptops to all instructors. The laptop keeps locking up and not taking the password they gave us to use. How do I get in to use the laptop?

A:stuck on the login screen

Welcome to TSF

Unfortunately for you, the forum does not assist in bypassing passwords. Please contact the Army for assistance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stuck-on-the-login-screen-502954.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Two days ago my computer started laggin really bad so I ran a virus scan(we have 5 teenage boys that download games ALOT). In the middle of the scan the computer locks up. I rebooted in safe mode but it will not get past the log in screen. It starts loading....blinks the safe mode black and white screen and then goes to the windows login screen. If you try to log in it says it is "loading your settings" then states "saving your settings" and will not advance past that. When I try to reboot it just does the same thing. It will not let me into the safe mode or out of safe mode. How do I get past this to fix it.....

A:Stuck at login screen

On boot, where you hit F8 to access Safe Mode (Assuming you did and the machine didn't do that for you!) - Hit the F8 key and select "Last Known Good Configuration"

Try that and Post back your results!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stuck-at-login-screen-364003.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi I've Got Win bit running on my new comp It's a clean installation only games and a Antivirus Bitdefender installed system is up to date Bios and graph card are up to date up since a week or Everything worked fine till yesterday After playing I shutted down my computer but later in the evening I wanted to check something on the internet and he stucked on the logonscreen He's says my PwD is wrong but I'm sure it is not I check if the Keyboard wasn't in an other language but he doesn't tried through the utilman to type my pwd but that doesn't respond neither does the shutdownbutton login on Stuck screen. reboot or hibernate doesn't respond also What didn't work - Hard reboot and reset Stuck on login screen. - Reboot without additionnal drives only mouse and keyboard - Tried the Stuck on login screen. 'utilman workaround' - When i go into safe mode automaticaly he's trying to repair I cant pass through that he finds something on the 'ntoskernel exe' repairs it and reboots - With the Win DvD I can access a cmd prompt but I can't acces my C drive strangly i find my configuration on a 'D' Drive - I haven't a restore Point neither an image Before I reinstall and that would be my very last option because I want to know the cause of it so i can try to solve it do you have any other ideas Config Asus P P D I CPU Radeon HD G skill Falcon II Go SSD GB Corsair TR X G C D Thx for your help

A:Stuck on login screen.

Welcome!

First, just confirm that your caps lock key is off.

You can also try changing your password via this method: User Account Password - Change from WinRE

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/73014-stuck-login-screen.html
Relevancy 64.5%

hy everyone, i just joined this forum in case you could help me with my problem in windows 7. i had this issue about 2 days ago, had been searching and browsing for solutions but nothing worked. here is may problem :

my windows keeps rolling back to login screen everytime i enter my account. i tried to boot from safe mode using the same account and it worked, activated Administrator account using command prompt (net users administrator \active:yes), went to "msconfig" and choosed selective start up and services. back to normal boot, the problem happened again and again. i logged in using administrator account but some of my program didn't work well (especially the latest CX-One V.9.1 Omron PLC programmer, i got this one way install full version from the distributor)

please help me activate my original account

best regards
boysandra

A:stuck on login screen

Hello boysandra, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You might see if doing a system restore at boot using a restore point (if available) dated before this happened may be able to fix this for you without having to do anything else.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/296978-stuck-login-screen.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I remember my password, but for some reason it says it's incorrect. I also cannnot enter Safe Mode properly. Please help

A:I'm stuck at the login screen.

Are you trying to login to safe mode with the account named Administrator?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/im-stuck-at-the-login-screen.483941/
Relevancy 64.5%

Okay, so yesterday I added a login password to the main (and only) user account. This was because while I was in the shower, I had a Adaware scan running and didn't want anyone to mess with the comp. So, the computer was locked at the login screen.

After I got out, I logged back in and removed this password. I also removed the welcome screen option at the Control Panel. For the rest of the day, I did the usual browsing and listening to music. However, when I woke up today, the computer was stuck at the login screen.

... I have no clue what happened and what to do. I tried re-entering the password from yesterday, but to no avail. All of my family members have said nobody has touched the computer.

Is there any way I can override this login screen? Thanks

Relevancy 63.64%

I now have multiple issues

Now pages are "hanging" with message Google.com is not responding and "spinning circle"

Thanks in advance

A:Slow laptop: Spinning circle and "Google.com is not responding" etc

Is it slow accessing other sites, or just Google?

Is it slow for doing stuff unrelated to the Internet, such as opening a program, opening a file, or rebooting?

Please fill out your system specifications.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/369121-slow-laptop-spinning-circle-google-com-not-responding-etc.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi, I've been a happy user of my Windows 7 for about a year but about a week ago I started getting the problem of windows stucknig after loging in. Sometimes I restart the computer for 20 times and yet it doesn't work and most often the problem is temporary. I can use the Safe Mode, I've cleaned my startup list using RegCleaner, scanned the computer with CCleaner and Ad-aware and I've also done chdsk /f

Sadly, nothing seems to work for me.

A:Windows stuck at the "Welcome" screen after login

For the registry cleaning:Many of us on the forums actually do not recommend automated optimization tools for Windows 7. Windows 7 does a much better job of handling its own optimization than its predecessors did. We especially do not recommend registry cleaning as an "optimization" step because automated registry cleaning causes more harm to the registry than it actually repairs.

In the future, if you need help optimizing Windows 7, please post a thread in Performance & Maintenance - Windows 7 Forums or follow the tutorial enclosed in that forum to Optimize Windows 7.
Hopefully the damage has not already been done by the registry cleaning. I realize you were trying to repair the system, but you may have made the problem worse. The first step I would recommend is to Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup. It sounds like you may have already cleaned up the startup items, but you probably did not disable all non-Microsoft services.
If you need further help after those steps, please upload your msinfo32.nfo file. To get this: Start Menu -> Type msinfo32 into the Search programs and files box -> When it opens, go to File, Save -> Save as msinfo32.nfo and save in a place you will remember -> Let it finish the process of gathering and saving the system info -> Right click the .nfo file, click send to compressed (zipped) folder -> Upload the .zip file here.

Also, please fill in your system specs in your profile and not in a post in this thread: System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/236029-windows-stuck-welcome-screen-after-login.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi I think I have a Malware infection in my pc xp sp Dell xps model Here's the sequence of events a McAfee scan found a couple files which were then quarentined But suspiciously when the scan Stuck (in screen a at Login loop) was done there were new Internet Explorer sessions open I right-clicked on each IE on the task bar and closed them then rebooted Now I can't get past the login Windows presents the login box I type my username and Stuck at Login screen (in a loop) password my desktop background picture appears then a quot Logging Off quot box appears Stuck at Login screen (in a loop) and I'm back at the log in screen Type username and password quot Logging Off quot back at login screen a terrible loop I've tried booting in Safe Mode plain quot with networking quot and quot with command prompt quot and get the same results - stuck at the login loop I also tried booting to Last Known Good Configuration but got the same results - stuck at login I need to get past this point so I can run diagnostics Thanks in advance for the help

Relevancy 63.64%

Sorry to disturb.

May I know what the problem during the time I'm trying to install Windows 7 and it just stuck at the login screen background without any changed after 30 minutes?

I have try to adjust the BIOS to Native IDE, RAID and ACHI. But nothing was changed.

I still could find any solution after I reading some of the thread.

Hopefully I could get any solution here.

A:Stuck during login screen background

Where did you get Win7? If you burned the DVD yourself, burn another at 4x speed using ImgBurn.

Try install from a USB flash stick. Best method is to install UltraISO trial, on File tab open ISO, on Bootable tab write Disk Image, Format, Write.

Unnplug all other HD's and peripherals. Boot DVD, wipe the target HD: SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation

Then choose Custom Install, use Drive Options to partition and format before install.

If further fails, test your RAM using memtest86 CD for 5-6 passes. Then test your HD using maker's diag/repair full CD scan: Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.

Check for latest BIOS version update. If current, reset the CMOS: Clear CMOS - 3 Ways to Clear the CMOS - Reset BIOS

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/131850-stuck-during-login-screen-background.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I ve been running Windows XP SP for Stuck User screen at Login years Stuck at User Login screen Went back to school and I m taking Japanese When I installed activated the Japanese fonts it asked me to restart the computer I did so and now where previously I would go directly to the desktop I am taken to the User Login screen When I click on my name it moves for a moment and says that it s loading my preferences Then the icon snaps back to its original spot and does nothing If I click it again the exact same thing happens If I try to login in safe mode it does the same thing except I also get the administrator login icon Anyone have any idea why this is doing this and or if there s anything I can do short of reinstalling that will help In looking around the internet I have found two instances where someone has had this same problem but no luck on solutions Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Stuck at User Login screen

When you log into the administrator account, does the same thing happen?

Also, do you have any of the following:
-Windows XP CD
-Recovery CD
-Recovery Partition

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-at-user-login-screen.1071722/
Relevancy 63.64%

I have tried to help a friend with their laptop. It starts up fine, but once u get to the login screen and click on the user, it says loggin on, then goes to saving settings then logging off. Brings u right back to the login screen.

I have tried safe mode, networking, every thing listed. Nothing. I have even tried to reboot from the start up disk. Won't do it. Keeps going to the login screen. What am I missing? please help. He is working on a Dell Ispirion 9300. XP. thank you

Relevancy 63.64%

It loads up normally, my avatar pops up with my name, I insert my password..

'Welcome *blue circle*'
*5-10 minutes later*
Desktop appears.

I have no idea whats causing it though it started after I had to shut-down my computer using the power button.

I've checked Event Viewer and these are the 5 errors that came up while stuck on the Welcome Screen.

-The AVG Free8 E-mail Scanner service hung on starting
-A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the ShellHWDetection service.
-The event logging service encountered an error (res=1117) while initializing logging resources for channel Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-WHEA.
-Unable to initialize the security package Kerberos for server side authentication. The data field contains the error number.
-Audit events have been dropped by the transport. The real time backup file was corrupt due to improper shutdown. (the first error and the cause perhaps?)

any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

A:Stuck on 'Welcome' screen for at least 5 minutes before login.

For starters I would uninstall AVG Free8 .

But download one of the other free AV programs so you can install when you get your machine cleaned up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-on-welcome-screen-for-at-least-5-minutes-before-login.836312/
Relevancy 62.78%

dear bleeping computer how are you guys here's my story why i need help so my uncle asked me to repair his very slow acer laptop so i said why not i got it directly got to ssafe mode caus it was very slow downloaded malwarebytes anti-malware ran a scan and it found threads it took long enough to delete maybe threads and then it shut down because keyboard & mouse login screen stuck on the charger didnt get electricity then i restarted in safe mode ran the scan again and found threads between or in numbers it took hours to quarantine them fell asleep and in the morning the safe mode worked fine so i geussed why not go to normal mode when all the threads where removed did that mouse & keyboard stuck on login screen and till now mouse amp keyboard freezes when starting up and seeing the cursor it gets mouse & keyboard stuck on login screen stuck at login where you have to so i cant login or go to explorer to do anything please i need help i dont got any backup cd's orso because he lost everything and its an old pc i'll try to upgrade it to window maybe after it's repaired hope there is help regards Daniel

A:mouse & keyboard stuck on login screen

try an external mouse and keyboard with USB,

if you dont have anything on it that you need backed up or saved, i would create a bootable vista install CD or usb drive and re-install vista using your current productkey/id

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582822/mouse-keyboard-stuck-on-login-screen/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hey there new here and need some help Here's what happened I Stuck screen, password disappears at login opened internet explorer and typed in a google search and hit enter and it popped up a new instance of iexplorer instead of just searching in the current window as usual Then links I clicked on opened Stuck at login screen, password disappears new windows which is not Stuck at login screen, password disappears the usual setting When I clicked in the middle of text on a web page it would highlight everything Strange little things like that So I clicked start gt Turn Off gt Restart and nothing happened it just went back to the desktop Pushed the Windows key and it wouldn't open the start menu Finally I had to do a hard shut-off I waited a minute and booted the computer back up when it stopped at the login password screen as usual I typed the password and hit the Enter key and it just deleted the password and stayed on the page So I retyped it and clicked with the mouse on the green arrow button with the same result Laptop built in mouse button did the same thing Eventually it just froze entirely and I could not even type in the password box Also the little help icon on this screen would not bring anything up it's like all the keys got remapped to different functions The only recent updates were the automatic Windows updates upon shutdown earlier today and the comp worked fine after booting up after that the first time Any thoughts I'm on a Dell laptop with XP Home Thanks EDIT I hard shut down the comp again and let it sit for about min Booted back up and it's functioning normally I'm still afraid it will happen again though so any input will be appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stuck-at-login-screen-password-disappears-258719.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi all I've been using seven bit version for quite a while now 7077 Build login stuck @ screen! on my laptop MSI GX PX - amd turion x ati hd MB GB gigs of ram The first installation did the problem mentioned in the title of the topic after i installed Kerio personal firewall - i didn't know what to do so i just reinstalled windows But now it happened again The comp was running for days i turned it off around am then turned it on at am - for the first time i could login and i even see the taskbar and the background but the icons never showed i couldn't click anything on the taskbar either ctrl alt del did nothing so i had to restart it manually The login screen showed up i entered my password but it never made it to the desktop it just got stuck like that the HDD wasn't spinning or anything Build 7077 stuck @ login screen! - restart - in safe mode it boots up normally so i uninstalled a few recently installed Build 7077 stuck @ login screen! programs mkvtoolnix and alike but after restarting it got stuck at Build 7077 stuck @ login screen! the login screen again Now normally i would just reinstall windows but after two months it has too many programs - lot of time to install them again So i thought i'll ask here for help The notebook has XP as it's main OS seven is installed on a virtual harddrive gigs Thank's for any kind of help in advance

A:Build 7077 stuck @ login screen!

Hi there
I can't give you a reason as to the error but this might work.

Try starting Windows in SAFE MODE as you've done but disable Networking and then shutting down. This should clear out any "Stuck" services. Switch off Firewall and uninstall any AV software whilst in SAFE MODE.

Incidentally while you are logged on in save mode see what starts automatically and stop those you don't need -- there are posts around suggesting what you can stop running automatically.

When you try again in "Normal mode" start DISCONNECTED from any network and switch your wireless card off.

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/7559-build-7077-stuck-login-screen.html
Relevancy 62.78%

My son bought his first laptop (with his own earned money)  1 1/2 years ago.  a few months ago it began running really slow and then eventually wouldn't boot up.  we ended up doing a factory reset.  Fast forward a couple months and we are having the sam issues and now it gets stuck on the login page.  I have ran the sysem extensive test and

I ran the test and everything passes.  Please advice us what we can do next.  sooo disappointed!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Pavilion-getting-stuck-on-welcom-Login-screen/td-p/5616607
Relevancy 62.78%

New member so sorry if this has already been discussed I've been all over the internet looking at how to resolve intermittent every - minutes slow responses on my Acer laptop that I've had for over a year weeks ago I had no problems with it Since then the internet window I'm on freezes goes white and says quot not responding quot I thought it was Firefox at first so I uninstalled but it's the same with Chrome and IE too Equally if I browse photos they take forever to load I hadn't installed anything new or updated anything when the problem occurred so I have done the following to try and resolve all found on the internet Checked the processes running max cpu memory - nothing Responding" Blue - spinning circle "Not PC out of the ordinary at all Rolled back to the previous system restore point - no joy Updated my Intel graphics drivers Checked that there were no issues in device PC "Not Responding" - Blue spinning circle manager Run check disk and other tools to confirm drive is sound it is Defragged the drive Done a virus scan and spyware scan Run several regfix tools that allegedly speed up your computer free and purchased Reinstalled firefox and set max network connections to from Stopped everything PC "Not Responding" - Blue spinning circle from starting up in MSConfig eg spyware and virus checkers adobe etc etc etc Searched and removed a particular string in the registry though I cannot remember what that was - sorry - but it did make sense at the time Alas nothing seems to work I have seen reports of this all over and have tried everything I can find The only thing I haven't done that has been suggested is an install repair as I haven't the disk to do it with the OS is OEM on the drive and you can only do a full restore which is a last resort Has anyone else got some ideas I have checked the threads but most seem to point at failing drives which is very unlikely as I cannot find an error Many thanks in advance

A:PC "Not Responding" - Blue spinning circle

Reg cleaners and windows 7 very rarely agree with each other.
That may not have been the best thing to do.

Are you able to use the SFC function to check you windows files?
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/253517-pc-not-responding-blue-spinning-circle.html
Relevancy 62.35%

My HP Pavilion laptop is not completely frozen My touchpad works as do some of the function keys like laptop login screen on stuck HP new brand My Pavilion the is mute and light darken screen plus the up arrow so I can see the background desktop lock screen with pretty picture time date and battery status The problem is the quot Sign in quot and the power restart shut down hibernate etc option thing are quot darkened quot you know that thing the computer does when things are not available when features menu items are not current options It s like my laptop is stuck in shut down but won t actually shut down or restart And as a computer is shutting down you lose features and can t do much if anything with it This has happened a couple times before during updates Both times I unplugged it waited for the power to drain plugged it back in and it started as normal no problem No such luck this time I have heard of similar problems in support forums but most of that was upgrading from to so I doubt they can help me My brand new HP Pavilion laptop is stuck on the login screen I have an HP Pavilion th Gen Intel Core i Processor with Windows Home GB memory Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:My brand new HP Pavilion laptop is stuck on the login screen

holding down the power button for 20 seconds until it switched off worked. it just restarted like normal.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-brand-new-hp-pavilion-laptop-is-stuck-on-the-login-screen.1171219/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello I am having issues with the no Welcome Issues, prompt screen, password Login stuck computer I built for my grandparents http speccy piriform com results BdOHfoWmZDbDeWQUSFD LWv I will turn on the computer reach the user Login Issues, stuck Welcome screen, no password prompt login screen There are users to pick from It usually doesn t matter which I pick Sometimes this issue will occur sometimes it won t There are different variations of the issue I will click on a user to login to but no password prompt will appear just the mouse and the blue flowery looking background is present I will be able to input a password but the desktop fails to load and all that is present is the mouse and the spinning circle with Welcome next to it The only way I get out of either issue is to do a manual shutdown Sometimes I can login without and issue I ve Login Issues, stuck Welcome screen, no password prompt found booting into Safe mode rebooting from safe mode then attempting to login allows me to login but I have no idea Login Issues, stuck Welcome screen, no password prompt whether or not Safe mode has anything to do with it I hope you guys can shed some light on my situation Thank You Update I have ran Memtest for a pass and a half and received no errors I ve also attempted to do a system repair and sfc scannow https www dropbox com s pa zzruxo mk s sfcdetails txt nbsp

A:Login Issues, stuck Welcome screen, no password prompt

Memtest needs to be run for at least 8 passes to be any where near conclusive.

I can see in the Speccy report you only have 4GB or Ram and it is all in the same slot so it will only be running on a single channel, performance should improve if you put another matched RAM stick in the other channel so it will then run as dual channel.

The Speccy report also shows every voltage, including the CMOS battery, as being a long way off from what it should be. I do suspect this is a misreading as the system would be unlikely to run at all if these readings are correct. I would check the reported voltages in the bios and post them back here.

Finally the SFC scan results show a problem with the TVEncDec manifest which is corrupted. The best way to fix this is to run a Repair Install: Windows 7 Repair Install

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/login-issues-stuck-welcome-screen-no-password-prompt.1113958/
Relevancy 62.35%

My HP Pavilion laptop is brand stuck HP new screen is Pavilion laptop My on the login not completely frozen My My brand new HP Pavilion laptop is stuck on the login screen touchpad works as do some of the function keys like My brand new HP Pavilion laptop is stuck on the login screen mute and light darken screen plus the up arrow so I can see the background desktop lock screen with pretty picture time date and battery status nbsp The My brand new HP Pavilion laptop is stuck on the login screen problem is the Sign in and the power restart shut down hibernate etc option thing are darkened you know that thing the computer does when things are not available when features menu items are not current options It's like my laptop is stuck in shut down but won't actually shut down or restart And as a computer is shutting down you lose features and can't do much if anything with it This has happened a couple times before during updates Both times I unplugged it waited for the power to drain plugged it back in and it started as normal no problem No such luck this time nbsp I have heard of similar problems in support forums but most of that was upgrading from to so I doubt they can help me I have an HP Pavilion th Gen Intel Core i Processor with Windows Home GB memory Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/My-brand-new-HP-Pavilion-laptop-is-stuck-on-the-login-screen/td-p/5617883
Relevancy 62.35%

My HP Pavilion laptop is not laptop Pavilion the login My new on is stuck HP brand screen completely frozen My touchpad works as do some of the function keys like mute and light darken screen plus the up arrow so I can see the background desktop lock screen with pretty picture time date and battery status The problem is the quot Sign in quot and the power restart shut down hibernate etc option thing are quot darkened quot you know that thing the computer does when things are not available when features menu items are not current options It's like my laptop is stuck in shut down but won't actually shut down or restart And as a computer is shutting down you lose features and can't do much if anything with it This has happened a couple times before during updates Both times I unplugged it waited for the power to drain plugged it back in and it started as normal no problem No such luck this time I have heard of similar problems in support forums but most of that was upgrading from to so I doubt they can help me I have an HP Pavilion th Gen Intel Core i Processor with Windows Home GB memory Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:My brand new HP Pavilion laptop is stuck on the login screen

What is the actual model of you HP laptop? In the meantime.....try this......power off laptop, unplug AC power cord, then pull out the battery for 5 minutes. After the 5 minutes.....connect the AC power cord and power on " WITH OUT" the battery , now power on and lets see what happens.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/my-brand-new-hp-pavilion-laptop-is-stuck-on-the-login-screen-1119425.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi, first of all, sorry for my bad English.

My issue is pretty straight forward: last night I left my computer powered on, and when I woke up, I had a Windows update screen stuck at 100%.
The mouse didn't work, everything was frozen.
I restarted my PC and it froze at the spinning dots loading screen. Before that, I had a screen saying "preparing your desktop", or something like that.

I already had this problem, and solved it by leaving my computer powered on the whole night, again.

Is there a simpler solution?
Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-at-spinning-dots.1157331/
Relevancy 61.06%

My computer was turning off every time i tried to turn it on I ran my computer in safe mode and tried to restore to before the previous update The computer then attempted to reboot as a process of the system restore As it was Computer a with cursor Black a screen [SOLVED] white on before login? stuck gets turning back on the computer shut down again mid-process After some research i concluded that the problem was that my CPU was overheating I purchased thermal composite and applied it as instructed on the suppliers website I attempted to reboot my computer but after the [SOLVED] Computer gets stuck on a Black screen with a white cursor before login? green-bars loading screen the computer screen became black with the cursor in the middle of the screen I am sure this is due to the sudden shut down during the restoration process I have tried [SOLVED] Computer gets stuck on a Black screen with a white cursor before login? running my computer in safe mode but i get the same result After further research i tried the F advanced boot screen The quot Repair my Computer quot option is not available I built this computer a year ago I [SOLVED] Computer gets stuck on a Black screen with a white cursor before login? believe Windows is corrupted because at the start up loading screen with the small green bars the logo doesnt show on top Please help

A:[SOLVED] Computer gets stuck on a Black screen with a white cursor before login?

do you still have the Vista installation CD?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-computer-gets-stuck-on-a-black-screen-with-a-white-cursor-before-login-498177.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello, my name is Benjamin123. I'm having a problem with my Windows 7 Home Premium, the logon screen where it says 'Welcome', next to the 'Welcome' the blue spinning icon is NOT spinning/frozen that it should be - so I know it's running or not, it seems like that my PC is crashed (not always).

The picture below will understand what I mean...

Thanks!

Regards,
~Benjamin123 (Benjamin Hall)

A:The blue icon not spinning on the Welcome screen (Windows 7).

Enable verbose winlogon messaging to see if you really are stuck (from this KB article):
To enable verbose status messages by using Registry Editor

To use enable verbose status messages by editing the registry, follow these steps:Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
Locate and then click the following registry key:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
Type verbosestatus, and then press ENTER.
Double-click the new key that you created, type 1 in the Value data box, and then click OK.
Quit Registry Editor.
Once you've done the above, reboot - you should see more information provided to you at that logon screen than just "Welcome". If it really does stick at "Welcome" after making the above registry change, then it's stuck and some tracing will need to be enabled to figure out what's happening.

Some questions:
1. When did this start?
2. How long does it stay at the "Welcome" screen, usually?
3. If you disconnect this machine from any network connections (disable wireless, unplug any Ethernet cables, etc) and reboot, does it still hang?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/292864-blue-icon-not-spinning-welcome-screen-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Windows Vista Premier Home Edition bit with spinning donut black screen Daughter s Dell yr old Studio Inspiron Intel Dual core she said she coudn t open ITunes and her computer was running very slow I ran Malwarebytes Anti-Malware in Safe Mode It found infections which I removed I tried to download Lavasoft but Windows blocked it and I couldn t clik on Options at the top of the Internet Explorer to allow it My daughter has a lot of programs such as Limewire Skype and there are a lot more on the desktop Could there be conflicts and upon booting up are causing this spinning donut Even when I tried to open Internet Explorer the spinning donut would appear ith messages Not Responding on Internet Explorer now when I try to launch Internet Explorr I get the white screen finally after what seemed an eternity it black spinning screen Windows & Vista donut would bring up my Yahoo home page Or cliking on any Program on the Start Menu or cliking on Control Panel the spinning donut would go around and around I have tried repeatedly to reboot Windows and now I get the check disk and then the black screen When I came back Windows Vista spinning donut & black screen to the computer hrs later it said it was running low on resources I tried to reboot and now it says Windows cannot activate please contact Dell So now I do not know what else to do I ran Norton Security Suite virus scan in safe mode and it found tracking cookies which I removed What is doing this Is this a conflict in drivers that is hogging all of the resources It seems the more I do the worse I have now made this She purchased the extended warranty from Best Buy when she bought the computer but I am suspicious that they will try to weasel out of honoring this and give whatever reasons as to why Thank you for any assistanc you can offer on this nbsp

A:Windows Vista spinning donut & black screen

I just tried to restart the computer when it does try after doing chkdsk it says Windows Activation Error. A problem occurred when Windows tried to activate. Error code 0x80070426. For possible resolution clik here. So I cliked and it said More information Error detail description The service has not been started. So what does this all mean? is this a virus that is causing this even though Norton didn't find any? What do I need to do to fix this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-spinning-donut-black-screen.967176/
Relevancy 60.2%

My computer upon starting up shows the usual HP symbol and then flashes to a black screen with white dots circling around. It does not stop (have left it for hours).I've tried;- restarting- removing battery and power cord, holding down off button 15 seconds, restarting- ran system tests of which all passed.Any ideas?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Laptop-stuck-at-circle-swirling/td-p/5818546
Relevancy 59.77%

Windows 10 just attempted to do the automatic install of the December updates. It went fine, got through the messages with the changing brightness blue screens until after the "We are almost done" message (or something like that), after which it went to a black screen with a busy cursor and has stayed there for several hours. Any ideas on solutions would be appreciated!

Running a Dell Studio XPS 9100, WIndows 10 Home via the free update, 64 bit

A:Windows 10 Dec Update - Black Screen & Busy Circle

hey, that's very unfortunate but I think you should just leave your laptop alone for a while.

Don't switch it off or try to interfere with the installation process, I believe (hope) it will eventually load.

P.S. I just came on the forums to post that after the update my mouse pointer disappeared. The touchpad works....but just no pointer.... which is extremely annoying. Finding the submit reply button gonna take a will to actually find DX

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/33471-windows-10-dec-update-black-screen-busy-circle.html