Windows Support Forum

Windows getting stuck on taskbar after closing

Q: Windows getting stuck on taskbar after closing

Occassionally the window of an ended process will get stuck on the taskbar. That is, it will appear in the taskbar with the original icon, but no title, and the original process is not running anymore according to the task manager.

They seem to be stuck down there until I log off and on again - which is quite annoying. Anyone know an easier way to get rid of them?

Is this a known bug or could it be caused by some third party software?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows getting stuck on taskbar after closing

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows getting stuck on taskbar after closing

This used to happen a lot with IrfanView 4.22 and 4.23 on older builds - 6801 and 7000 in particular for me. Using 7048 this almost never happens now - I'd chalk it up to Windows 7 being a beta OS and monitor it for now.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/5734-windows-getting-stuck-taskbar-after-closing.html
Relevancy 62.78%

a big frustration I'm having with closing + I on F4 puts do Taskbar how with windows focus Alt -- fix? Win is my inability to close a lot of open windows using a keyboard shortcut In Mac and Ubuntu I can just repeatedly tap Ctrl Q Command Q closing windows with Alt + F4 puts focus on Taskbar -- how do I fix? in Mac to close one window after another quickly eg before shutting down But in Win I'm often presented with the situation where tapping Alt F the first time will close the window but tapping it a second time will prompt to shutdown the system ie after closing the first window the focus went onto the taskbar It prevents me from being able to repeatedly tap Alt F to close multiple windows Instead i have to stop and put focus back onto one of the remaining windows i still want to close before being able to use Alt F again -- a major PITA Any way to fix this to get focus to land on the next open window and NOT the taskbar after closing a window with Alt F

A:closing windows with Alt + F4 puts focus on Taskbar -- how do I fix?

This happens because other windows are minimized.
At the same time there is no combination to unminimize all. There is Shift+Win+M, but that is only undo for Win+M (which is minimize all).

As a solution You can use Alt+Tab to switch between minimized windows and close each with Alt+F4.
I do not see other natural (without 3rd party) fix here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/163610-closing-windows-alt-f4-puts-focus-taskbar-how-do-i-fix.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi,
I'm running a Dell Inspiron 6400 with Windows XP Home on it.
My problem is as such:
When ever I close an explorer window, the taskbar and desktop icons disappear for a few seconds...Its quite annoying, and it also closes any other Windows I have open.
Programs don't seem to be affected...

Has anyone come across this problem? And are there any solutions?
Much thanks for any help rendered.

A:Taskbar and Desktop Icons Dissapear After Closing Explorer Windows.

*bump*
Can no one help me?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/taskbar-and-desktop-icons-dissapear-after-closing-explorer-windows.601650/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello I'll spare you time and get straight to the point It's about the Windows taskbar as of now I've five windows opened the following Firefox Mp folder my documents winamp and OpenOffice As you well are aware of it's possible to arrange them left to right like move so that Winamp taskbar: Explorer The together stuck windows comes dead last Firefox Mp folder my documents OpenOffice and Winamp However when I move Mp - my documents follow - this means I cannot place quot mp quot last without the other windows explorer windows my documents in this case Also when when I open new explorer window like my computer The taskbar: Explorer windows stuck together they place them right after the current explorer windows so it becomes Firefox Mp folder my documents my computer OpenOffice and Winamp So my questions are how do I stop this madness A That the explorer windows are stuck together B That new explorer windows don't opens up after the other ones It should behave like all other programs and open last in the order - Tpiom

A:The taskbar: Explorer windows stuck together

You may have Malware or some file corruption going on. If you go to Start> type scannow /sfc and when it comes up at the top right mouse click and run as administrator and see if it suggests to do a repair. Download Malwarebytes, use the free download Malwarebytes just to be 100% your OK.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/93273-taskbar-explorer-windows-stuck-together.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I need to have my taskbar at the top of my screen but is it possible to make it so I can not drag a window behind it? Several times I have had to autohide the task bar just to get at the window to drag it back again.

Kind Regards, Paul

A:Taskbar needed at top but windows get stuck behind it.

My problem might be the same but displays differently.
I run Kodi in full screen 24/7
After some hours and a change to HDMI port 2 from port 1 (tv on port 1) if I minimize Kodi I find I have no taskbar at all and I have to restart windows explorer to get it back. I run my taskbar at the top too in autohide. Maybe I'll try the bottom and see what happens. I'm considering a fresh install.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/40731-taskbar-needed-top-but-windows-get-stuck-behind.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey,
Quick question:
Does anyone know if there is a hotkey to close an item on the taskbar?
I know you can open them with Windows key+ 1,2,3,etc

But for example if I am watching a video in firefox (current window) and want to exit my music player(songbird, minimized in the background) So i can hear the video, is there a hotkey where i can simply press some key combination and select its number on the taskbar?

Thanks

A:Hotkey for closing taskbar items?

I may be missing your question entirely, but if you have the program on your taskbar, right click and choose 'close window'.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/48445-hotkey-closing-taskbar-items.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have been experiencing a random taskbar freeze for some time now and I desperately need to find a solution This usually occurs immediately following an application window close The taskbar freezes and even though the window is now closed it still appears in the taskbar Start menu and icons within the taskbar are inaccessible though desktop icons are still active and usable Sometimes opening the task manager closing the explorer exe and then running explorer exe helps but not always In all instances if I closing freeze after applications taskbar Random give the system enough time sometimes or minutes the taskbar will un-freeze and everything catches up No error messages no pop-ups I believe this issue has something to do with Service Pack and may be specific to our office environment Random taskbar freeze after closing applications I performed a clean install of WinXP SP on a second office computer no problems Updated to SP no problems Upgraded to SP started having problems but I don't Random taskbar freeze after closing applications know how to fix I'm running the same OS SP combo at home with no issues Only other thought I run an old copy of Photoshop When I run the program it can take - minutes to launch If I disable the network connection LAN the program starts instantaneously Does this help at all DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Donovan at on Thu Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Windows Live OneCare On-access scanning enabled Updated ADFC -B - A -BE -A D E C FW Windows Live OneCare Firewall enabled A D - E - A E-AE E- C DAAB Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live Antivirus MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE Random taskbar freeze after closing applications C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live OcHealthMon exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live Firewall msfwsvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winss exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winssnotify exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings donovan Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp chapelbythelake org uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO PDF-XChange Viewer IE-Plugin c d eb -bbce- dae-acbb-d a d cb f - c program files tracker software pdf-xchange viewer pdf-viewer PDFXCviewIEPlugin dll EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File mRun OneCareUI quot c program files microsoft windows onecare live winssnotify exe quot mRun nwiz nwiz exe install mRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup StartupFolder c docume donovan startm programs startup taskmg lnk - c windows system taskmgr exe IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBC - c program files java jre bin ssv dll IE C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - F B - A - F - DB-E F AEC - c program files windows live writer WriterBrowserExtension dll IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c progra micros office REFIEBAR DLL DPF DirectAnimation Java Classes - file c windows java classes dajava cab DPF Micros... Read more

A:Random taskbar freeze after closing applications

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer.My name is Syler, I will be helping you to solve your Malware issues. Whilst I am helping you, I wouldbe grateful if you would note the following: Please do not run other tools or scans unless I ask you to and follow all the steps I give you, in order.
Copy and paste all logs requested in you reply, Do not attach them unless asked too.
If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask before you proceed with my instructions.
Please continue to work with me, until I tell you your machine appears to be clean. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
If I do not hear back from you within 5 days of my last post, then this topic will be closed.Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from HereNote: If you already have Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, just update then run it.Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Full Scan", then click Scan (the scan may take some time to finish, so please be patient).When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and Paste the entire report in your next reply .Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts, click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.NextDownload random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)Then please post back here with the following: MBAM log log.txt info.txtThanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/240183/random-taskbar-freeze-after-closing-applications/
Relevancy 52.46%

So lets say you have a program open, and its not pinned to the taskbar, calculator for example. You close it, and the animation for the programs icon on the taskbar disappears smoothly. Now, if I pin the calculator onto the taskbar and open it (or any current taskbar pinned item) and close it, the icon disappears with a sort of a chunky, or "blocky" animation leaving just the normal taskbar icon.

My question is, should this happen or is my Windows install lagging somehow? Can anyone recreate this and see if you get a similiar result? Simply, non taskbar pinned apps icons seem to close smoother, while ones that are pinned dont really have an animation and just close with maybe 3 different frames.

A:Quick Question About Closing Apps/ Taskbar (Could someone test this? )

Hello Keyes,

This would be the Animations in the taskbar visual effects setting. It's normal for there to be a slight delay with the animation. If it's to long or jagged, then you may have something else running that's using a lot of resources causing a temporary longer delay for this.

If you like, you could turn off (uncheck) this setting to have them be instant instead.

Visual Effects Settings - Change

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/357340-quick-question-about-closing-apps-taskbar-could-someone-test.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Sometimes my taskbar gets "stuck", i.e. it doesn't automatilcally disappear (as it is supposed to do according to my settings). This might happen for instance when I remove a USB stick. On these occasions I have to restart the computer to fix it. Is there an easier way?

A:Taskbar stuck!

Try changing the lock the task bar option from enabled to disabled, or vice versa, and see if that changes anything.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/231292-taskbar-stuck.html
Relevancy 49.45%

i use win 7 home premiun and everytime my computer wakes up from sleep my the taskbar stays stuck for 1-2 minutes . i have downloaded a a program called process explorer to see what is running in windows explorer . i used a option in process explorer called kill the process on the programs that r running but it doesn't do anything . is there anything alse i can try ? thanks

A:taskbar stuck

When you say it is stuck, do you mean frozen/un-clickable or does it not have the ability to move around the desktop?
We also need more detail to help - how about filling in System Specs? We will find it a lot easier if you can fill it in

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/115338-taskbar-stuck.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello Taskbar gets stuck I am having a Taskbar gets stuck small problem with the taskbar using Home Premium Build Every once in a while it seems to get quot stuck quot For example you know how when you mouse over a pinned icon you can see the outline on either side and the little ball of light beneath it When I mouse over an icon and then I move my mouse somewhere else that animation doesn't go away but stays there indefinitely Same goes for a running program The little glowing animation under the icon will stay there even when I move the mouse away Also the thumbnail previews for open windows only appear off and on sometimes they work and sometimes they don't This seems to happen purely at random and the only way I've been able to fix it is by restarting explorer Not a huge problem but annoying I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this or if they know why this happens

A:Taskbar gets stuck

Sounds like a driver or graphics card, may also be memory.

Go to device manager, look for yellow warnings signs of problems. Also look for updated drivers, update the graphics card.

Run memory diagnostics, see how memory is working.

Type event viewer in search, look for any errors.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/75073-taskbar-gets-stuck.html
Relevancy 49.45%

My task bar mysteriously moved to the top of my screen. I know you can right click to "unlock the task bar" and then move it where you want it. But when I right click, I can choose unlock or lock, but then I still cannot move the task bar.

Also the task bar is black. I've never seen it that color before.

Any hints on what is going on? Solution?

A:Stuck taskbar

Originally Posted by tadd5181

My task bar mysteriously moved to the top of my screen. I know you can right click to "unlock the task bar" and then move it where you want it. But when I right click, I can choose unlock or lock, but then I still cannot move the task bar.

Also the task bar is black. I've never seen it that color before.

Any hints on what is going on? Solution?

Hallo tadd, I am working from memory as the mobo died in my Vista laptop.

You should be able to unlock it as you said, then click & hold down the mouse in an empty part of the task-bar & drag it to where you want (you wont see it drag it will just appear when you release the mouse)

As for the color mine has always been black but i would assume you could change the color through Control Panel then Personalize or right click on your desktop for the same option.

I hope this is of some help

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/276887-stuck-taskbar.html
Relevancy 49.45%

sometimes when i computer wakes up my task bar gets stuck after a bit my mouse gits stuck to i have to restart to git it going again any ideas what could be wrong i have win 7 fresh re- install it has been doing it since i got win 7

A:taskbar gets stuck

Hi there, this happens when the process "explorer.exe stops responding. (It happens sometimes with my PC as well). To check what's causing this issue, download and install Process Explorer to see what's running under explorer.exe and accordingly eliminate this issue by removing that product.

Regards,
Dinesh.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/106534-taskbar-gets-stuck.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Could someone please tell me why the clock stops in taskbar, Thanks.

A:Clock in Taskbar stuck

mine has never stopped ,therefor i think it not a common thing ,why did you post the pic of you intel chipset family

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/17193-clock-taskbar-stuck.html
Relevancy 49.02%

So I just installed Windows 7 last night, and as I logged on, my taskbar looked like Windows Classic Taskbar with windows 7 abilities. I can't change it for some reason, each theme I try is Windows Classic. Aero theme doesn't work, but aero peek does.

Anyone have any idea how to fix it?

A:My taskbar is stuck on classic.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kenkon

So I just installed Windows 7 last night, and as I logged on, my taskbar looked like Windows Classic Taskbar with windows 7 abilities. I can't change it for some reason, each theme I try is Windows Classic. Aero theme doesn't work, but aero peek does.

Anyone have any idea how to fix it?

Looks like your on Windows 7 Basic correct?

Did AERO work last night? Did you have transparency?

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/31403-my-taskbar-stuck-classic.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I've seen this in both Windows 8.1 and 10. Some programs get stuck behind the taskbar, like VLC, Spotify, Opera, and Powershell.
I want to have the taskbar at the upper edge of the screen, and it's not set to hide automatically.
Screenshot of Powershell and Spotify stuck behind the taskbar.

A:Why are my programs stuck behind the taskbar?

Just tried it here with the task bar at top and no auto-hide. Power Shell does get it's title bar up under the task bar when you open it, but as soon as you resize it even a little it pops out from underneath. Definitely a bug that should be reported via the Feedback app.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/432591-why-my-programs-stuck-behind-taskbar.html
Relevancy 49.02%

When I press start,and click on documents,folder opens to taskbar and wont open from there.It's just stuck there.

Help appriciated.

A:Folders stuck to taskbar

Does this occur with other folders on the start menu? Pictures, Music, Computer, etc?

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/252016-folders-stuck-taskbar.html
Relevancy 49.02%

i am running xp pro, which was skinned (with windowblinds) at the time when the taskbar got stuck.

I had the taskbar on top and either i resized it to 0 row height or i turned on auo-hide (cant remember). thats when the taskbar got stuck on 0 row height and now it cant move (its just a 2mm grey line at the top of my desktop)

when i put my cursur over it, it shows the double arrow but it isnt resizable and i cant move it to another side of the screen.

please help!!

A:[Help Please] Taskbar Stuck - Unusable

Right-click the Start button and choose Properties. In the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties dialog box see if you have Lock the Taskbar box checked.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-please-taskbar-stuck-unusable.417774/
Relevancy 48.59%

This started about a week ago I installed a plug-in for Adobe Photoshop from a third party site Proceeded to open it and nothing happened I figured it was just a faulty download or something of that nature I guess I was wrong because about Two days later after Rebooting my computer I received an error message The error stated that the file quot sshnas dll quot was missing I then ran both Malwarebytes and Bitdefender to no avail The next day my task bar start up menu all of my quot windows quot switched to classic view I have gone to the properties of these to switch them back but quot standard view quot is already selected Today after running bitdefender my computer froze for a bit then I received an error that said quot Logon process has failed To create the security options dialog Failure - Security options quot Everything has been very quot laggy quot I have log files but wanted too start here to get some opinions I am running Windows Vista Home Premium X I hope this is enough info Thanks in advance for the help

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/364660/taskbar-stuck-in-classic-view/
Relevancy 48.59%

I pressed windows to do someting else while part of the game was loading, but now all that happens when I click on it in the the taskbar, the screen resalution changes but the game won't open, task manager says it's running. I have XP. Help please.

A:Football Manager Stuck In Taskbar

u will just have to end the task and open the game back up again, it shud work then... if not then try a system restore but i dnt think u will need 2 do that

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/football-manager-stuck-in-taskbar.516224/
Relevancy 48.59%

There are some Modern Stuck taskbar icons on UI the times when I close a ModernUI app using a method that may not be common in this case the Windows Task Manager So I Stuck Modern UI icons on the taskbar would load a ModernUI app for example PC Settings I would then load the Windows Task Manager the built-in one not a third-part task manager such as Process Explorer by SysInternals I would then find the program's task and then right-click on it and choose quot End task quot The full-screen window disappears as you would expect it to disappear but here's where the bug shows the icon for PC Settings still stays in the Task Bar I have to hover over the icon with my mouse let Aero Peek appear and then click the X button there to have the icon disappear from the Task Bar This also happens when I close an app when the app is windowed using ModernMix Sometimes I have to close an app this way because it locked up I mentioned PC Settings because this seems to be an app that leaves its icon behind on the Task Bar when you force close the task in Task Manager This doesn't always happen it seems that at random this bug will happen It's like the taskbar isn't informed of the closure of the ModernUI app Does this make sense

A:Stuck Modern UI icons on the taskbar

To close a Start Screen app, use Alt + F4

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/49205-stuck-modern-ui-icons-taskbar.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I'm using Windows 10 and for some reason on my taskbar there's an app active called PCPushNotify. When I click it, nothing happens and I can't find a program with that name on the processes-tab in the task manager.
What is this program and why is there so little information about it on the internet? I tried googling it but the only results were some asian websites. I scanned my computer with antivirus but it didn't find anything out of the ordinary.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/app-called-pcpushnotify-stuck-taskbar-4599580/
Relevancy 48.59%

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus May work for some things, but it does NOT fix an XP Taskbar stuck in Classic mode - and I even paid the $5.00 to open up that repair option.
I am betting it has something to do with a registry entry somewhere - but where and which one??? All files that have to do with it have been replaced from the Install disc, plus a repair (both ways) has been done on the system, still no joy.

Relevancy 48.16%

Well One day it was in the regular Windows Xp Theme Classic Taskbar Is My in stuck Mode!! Computer's Blue Then the next day It was in Classic mode When I go to properties Then to Appearance Then to themes and I put it to Xp also none are grayed out theme and it Does the whole quot Please Wait quot thing and seems like it going to work but when it s done nothing happens and the window for themes dissapears Now I ve already checked and no I had no other uxtheme dll s in C So then I got a program called Styler on my computer and that Kind of fixed it like it would change the taskbar to how i wanted it but if i was to restart my computer it would go back to classic so then I got Window Blinds and tried to change to a cool theme except that didn t work at all I d press apply and nothing would happen Im kind My Computer's Taskbar Is stuck in Classic Mode!! of puzzled also my Login screen is also in classic When I logon its the Username Password My Computer's Taskbar Is stuck in Classic Mode!! screen and not the layout kind Advise a fix Anything nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Have new HP computer p6823w. Windows 7 64-bit.  Items such as control panel, documents, updates, etc stick in taskbar.  When click on to open to screen, they seem to fly off page.  Right click on maximize & nothing happens.  Tried all restore pts (only have a few since have only had computer 5 days), but didn't help anything.  Now today IE pages are going to taskbar & won't come out either. Any ideas??

A:Items stuck in taskbar. Won't open or maximize

I got help with this this morning. First:  Press the key with the windows icon and the letter "p" at the same time. A panel with pictures of four computer acreens will pop up.  Yours is probably set to the third picture "extend."  Mine was. Second:   Just click on the first panel "computer only" and you should be set.   It worked great for me.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Items-stuck-in-taskbar-Won-t-open-or-maximize/td-p/859943
Relevancy 48.16%

Ok Kind of hard to explain so I' m supplying a screen shot. Recently I started having my task bar on the left and have started to like it. Then just now I found that nvidia can make it transparent which I tried and also like but now whenever I hit the start menu and click a program or click away, part of the start menu is ghosted into the task bar. The only way to get rid of it is to move the task bar or take a boxed window and rub it through underneath the task bar to make it disappear. Any suggestions?

A:Transparent Taskbar - Start Menu Stuck

I prefer mine on the right.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transparent-taskbar-start-menu-stuck.519473/
Relevancy 48.16%

Any fixes? Before a fresh reinstall of Steam.

Oh and sorry if this is in the wrong place, please move it if it is. Thanks.

A:Taskbar icon stuck in loading animation

You need to restart your PC.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/9423-taskbar-icon-stuck-loading-animation.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi guys I ve time slow/stuck Taskbar date is & been having this problem for a few days now It isn t major in itself but after some research of what the cause might be although I m skeptical of it I m wary of what no action may lead to in the long run Taskbar date & time is slow/stuck Problem My taskbar date amp time is acting up The time is cycling around in the same hour that hour being whatever hour I last set it to in an attempt to set it on course again now it is pm To be clear it doesn t advance onto the next hour once it reaches it it just cycles back to the beginning of what it was before Because of this the date is not advancing either Possible Cause After doing some research I ve seen a lot of people suggest that the CMOS battery may be dying Due to the volume of people suggesting this I would have reason to believe this is the case Skepticism of Possible Cause However I ve just recently built myself a new PC the one I m having this issue with Everything was sound during the Taskbar date & time is slow/stuck build and everything ran smoothly when I turned it on I bought a completely new motherboard Asus Maximus VI Hero - hell of a name so I find it hard to believe the battery is already dying I filled out my specs when I joined up there may be a way for you to access them but here they are anyway my C drive is an SSD OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC MAXIMUS VI HERO Antivirus Kaspersky Anti-Virus Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Taskbar date & time is slow/stuck

Battery as you've been told.
For the minor cost, it is not worth wasting the time and effort not doing it first.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/taskbar-date-time-is-slow-stuck.1120765/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,
I've just rebooted into safe mode and then after I'd finished back into normal mode, however the taskbar has stayed grey. And I cant seem to change it through right clicking on desktop, properties , appearance and themes.
I would really appreciate it if someone could help me because i'd like my xp taskbar theme back soon...
Many thanks,
John

A:Stuck With Grey Taskbar After Safe Mode

Hello Did you removed spyware ? or was it just a regular safe mode-visit ?Are there any other options then windows classic under tab "appearance" ? (is "windows xp style" still present or is it gone ? )if "windows xp style" is not present (or greyed out), you might want to try this:* download and save this .zip file (right mouseclick > save target as.. > save it to the desktop) resources.zip* after downloading, unzip the file (unzip to resources\) (if you do not have unzip options, first install winrar trial* after unzipping, open the folder "resources" > open the folder "themes" > and then the folder "luna"* in the folder "luna", copy 'Luna.msstyles' and paste this in the folder C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes\Luna <---- in this folder 'luna'* if asked, say "yes" oon the question if the existing file gets replaced* then again right clicking on desktop > properties > appearance > themes : windows XP style should be there, choose it > OKHope it works, good luck !

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/39682/stuck-with-grey-taskbar-after-safe-mode/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi there My topic pretty much says it all but i'll repeat it anyhow I use my computer regularly while at work mostly to download torrents etc to be ready for watching when coming home from work This works flawlessly but I get a serious thorn in my side whenever I get back home For some stupid stupid reason my taskbar color won't reset back to pitch black like it's supposed to do This did not happen on my previous installation of win formatted about a year ago And it did not happen for the first couple of months after reinstalling win Same windows pro x etc etc To fix this problem I have to either manually re-run the windows assessment tool in computer properties or log out my current windows session only to relog back in again It's obviously some stuck up file that just doesn't wanna re-initialize Does anyone have any idea what this might be caused by Or have knowledge of any fix It's driving me nuts Any help is GREATLY appreciated Sneiper

A:After remote desktop, taskbar stuck in grey color

Welcome to Seven Forums Sneiper. This happens after remoting into your PC from another PC while at work, correct? Is the whole theme changing from Aero to basic? That usually happens when resources are low. In any case, next time it happens, try restarting Explorer and see if that corrects it.

Explorer - Add "Restart Explorer" to Desktop Context Menu

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/290207-after-remote-desktop-taskbar-stuck-grey-color.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi I've got a bit of a convoluted issue here my laptop was infected with spyware after cleaning which with Adaware SE SpyBot SD I had issues when firing up firefox OR internet explorer would connect to DSL provider but not be able to invoke any websites In an effort to fix this together with the support staff from my DSL company we tried various tests in one in Start/Taskbar mode stuck hourglass perpetual of which I reinstalled the Network Connections module from Start/Taskbar stuck in perpetual hourglass mode the Windows XP CD After reinstalling the Network Connections I Start/Taskbar stuck in perpetual hourglass mode have never been able to access the Start Menu Taskbar as when pointing at it I always get the hourglass All other applications work fine but IE or Firefox still does not invoke any sites I end up using Windows Explorer through My Computer which behaves fine in terms of navigating directories When attempting to shut down though I get the error message that 'explorer exe is not responding' Can anybody please help Thanks so much for any thought you put into this Please note that since I cannot connect to the internet at my home laptop in question it is not easy for me to download heavy apps as I'd need to copy them in diskettes at work and bring them over thanks Elias

A:Start/Taskbar stuck in perpetual hourglass mode

greetings

Quote:

Please note that since I cannot connect to the internet at my home laptop (in question

i believe hyjack this will fit on a floppy..[206 Kb]
can you download it and install it on your computer?
then post a log

theres a possibility you might have to do a format and reinstall windows.
but see if you can get a log first

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/start-taskbar-stuck-in-perpetual-hourglass-mode-57312.html
Relevancy 46.87%

My taskbar is stucked to classic style it is when i tries theme with a uxtheme patch and frm that time it is stucked .
it is 2 month before so u can guess how much i tried on reading fourms.........and installing other new themes....

I tried all things including
"FORUMS , TASKBAR TOOL PLUS EVEN US VISTA TRANFORMATION
PACK the task bar nt changing... i read all forums but no help!!!!!

pls pls pls pls give me help a option other then "format"

i hve windows xp professnal.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/taskbar-stuck-because-of-uxtheme-patch-after-all-things-tried-but-nt-recoverd-plshelp-315437.html
Relevancy 46.01%

EDIT Should be aswRVRT sys Computer worked fine in the morning Then I turned it off later had windows update then when I came home in the afternoon to open my PC it just didnt work When I try to go to safe mode it just gets stuck at aswRVRT sys If it helps I already ran FRST Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM on MININT-FK MU P on - - Running from K Windows Home Premium X OS Language English US Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode Recovery The current controlset is ControlSet ATTENTION gt If the system is bootable FRST could be run from normal or Safe mode to create a complete log Registry Whitelisted HKLM Run GamecomSound - C Program Files screen/ "starting stuck Boot menu on at Windows Windows" aswRVRT.exe stuck Plantronics GameCom Windows stuck on "starting Windows" screen/ Boot menu stuck at aswRVRT.exe GameCom exe - - HKLM Run AdobeAAMUpdater- - C Windows stuck on "starting Windows" screen/ Boot menu stuck at aswRVRT.exe Program Files x Common Files Adobe OOBE PDApp UWA updaterstartuputility exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM Run MSC - C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM Run MsmqIntCert - regsvr s mqrt dll HKLM Run Nvtmru - C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NVIDIA Update Core NvTmru exe - - NVIDIA Corporation HKLM Run UMonit - C Windows SysWOW UMonit exe - - HKLM Run RTHDVCPL - C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe - - Realtek Semiconductor HKLM Run ShadowPlay - C windows system rundll exe C windows system nvspcap dll ShadowPlayOnSystemStart HKLM-x Run IAStorIcon - C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe - - Intel Corporation HKLM-x Run jmekey - C Program Files x jmesoft hotkey exe - - JME HKLM-x Run ModeSwitch - C Program Files Lenovo Power Dial LitModeSwitch exe - - Lenovo HKLM-x Run CLMLServer - C Program Files x Lenovo Power Go CLMLSvc exe - - CyberLink HKLM-x Run UpdateP GoShortCut - C Program Files x Lenovo Power Go MUITransfer MUIStartMenu exe - - CyberLink Corp HKLM-x Run IdeaNotesUser - C Program Files x DDNI Lenovo Idea Notes DDNIMSGUser exe - - Digital Delivery Networks Inc HKLM-x Run SetDefaultSCR - C Program Files x Lenovo Lenovo Screensaver SetDefaultSCR exe - - Lenovo HKLM-x Run avast - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe - - AVAST Software HKLM-x Run APSDaemon - C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run iTunesHelper - C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run Adobe ARM - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run SwitchBoard - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe SwitchBoard SwitchBoard exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run AdobeCS ServiceManager - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe CS ServiceManager CS ServiceManager exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run KeePass PreLoad - C Program Files x KeePass Password Safe KeePass exe - - Dominik Reichl HKLM-x Run Aeria Ignite - C Program Files x Aeria Games Ignite aeriaignite exe - - Aeria Games amp Entertainment HKLM-x Run ROCCAT Savu Gaming Mouse - C Program Files x ROCCAT Savu Mouse Savu Monitor exe - - ROCCAT GmbH HKLM-x Run LogMeIn Hamachi Ui - C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- -ui exe - - LogMeIn Inc HKLM-x Run BCSSync - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office BCSSync exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM-x Run SunJavaUpdateSched - C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe - - Oracle Corporation HKLM-x Run kxesc - c program files x kingsoft kingsoft antiviruskxetray exe -autorun HKU Default RunOnce WLStart - C Program Files x Windows Live Installer wlstart exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKU Default User RunOnce WLStart - C Program Files x Windows Live Installer wlstart exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKU Krystal Run GoogleDriveSync - C Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exe - - Google HKU Krystal Run S... Read more

A:Windows stuck on "starting Windows" screen/ Boot menu stuck at aswRVRT.exe

Anyone please?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/512763/windows-stuck-on-starting-windows-screen-boot-menu-stuck-at-aswrvrtexe/
Relevancy 46.01%

os win XP Hi i hope you could help me with this humongous problem i m having It started after i downloaded some application my antivrus mcafee shutdown and through a process viewer i could see it kept trying to get back on since it was using up al of cpu but it couldnt task manager couldnt be accessed it said it has been disabled my admin system restore safe Cannot icons/taskbar/access without to mode, task at dsktop manager stuck run was disabled i tried restoring to quot best known config quot through the F option Cannot run safe mode, stuck at dsktop without icons/taskbar/access to task manager while booting no luck And then all of a sudden it boots to the login part and once i login my wallpaper loads and nothing else happens- no icons no task bar no response to ctrl alt del only mouse pointer which moves normally The WORST part tried using safe mode and every time it finishes loading files my syst restarts tried all safe mode options in fact tried all F options Now i loaded a new windows in a seperate windows folder so that my old windows files are not affected i ran a virus scan through this and quarantined all detected viruses However my original windows still shows the same problem- no desktop no safe mode etc i have several important files which i cant lose so formatting is NOT an option Reinstalling windows is also NOT an option mainly cuz ive reinstalled windows twice in the last months and i dont want to give into the virus this time And yes once its fixed i am switching to a new OS Windows is a nightmare nbsp

A:Cannot run safe mode, stuck at dsktop without icons/taskbar/access to task manager

Would not getting a reply mean this problem has been solved before or would it mean i should give up?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-run-safe-mode-stuck-at-dsktop-without-icons-taskbar-access-to-task-manager.787095/
Relevancy 46.01%

os win XP Hi i hope you could help me with this humongous problem i m having It started after i downloaded some application my antivrus mcafee shutdown and through a process viewer i could see it kept trying to get back on since it was using up al of cpu but it couldnt task manager couldnt be accessed it said it run safe dsktop task stuck Cannot icons/taskbar/access without to mode, manager at has been disabled my admin system restore was disabled i tried restoring to quot best known config quot through the F option while booting no luck Cannot run safe mode, stuck at dsktop without icons/taskbar/access to task manager Then all of a sudden it boots to the login part and once i login my wallpaper loads and nothing else happens- no icons no task bar no response to ctrl alt del only mouse pointer which moves normally The WORST part tried using safe mode and every time it finishes loading files my system restarts tried all safe mode options in fact tried all F options Now I ve loaded a new windows in a separate windows folder so that my old windows files are not affected i ran a virus scan McAfee latest through this and quarantined all detected viruses However my original windows still shows the same problem- no desktop no safe mode etc i have several important files which i cant lose so formatting is NOT an option Reinstalling windows is also NOT an option mainly because Ive reinstalled windows twice in the last months and i don t want to give into the virus this time And yes once its fixed i am switching to a new OS Windows is a nightmare nbsp

A:Cannot run safe mode, stuck at dsktop without icons/taskbar/access to task manager

Please post here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-run-safe-mode-stuck-at-dsktop-without-icons-taskbar-access-to-task-manager.787259/
Relevancy 44.29%

I've searched everywhere for the answer to this!! I can't believe this isn't bothering anone else?

I love the translucent look of windows, but when I have a window in full screen mode, I want the taskbar to be solid!! this was standard in vista! A translucent taskbar and frame makes it look like the window you're using isn't full screen, and I see I get drawn to it every time! hate it (the only thing I hate so far!).

Any ideas anybody? I know I can make it solid all the time, but thats not what I want either, I just want it to turn solid when a program is in full screen.

Please help me on this one!!

A:Vista-like Windows 7 Taskbar where taskbar turns solid!

Quote: Originally Posted by apples86

I've searched everywhere for the answer to this!! I can't believe this isn't bothering anone else?

I love the translucent look of windows, but when I have a window in full screen mode, I want the taskbar to be solid!! this was standard in vista! A translucent taskbar and frame makes it look like the window you're using isn't full screen, and I see I get drawn to it every time! hate it (the only thing I hate so far!).

Any ideas anybody? I know I can make it solid all the time, but thats not what I want either, I just want it to turn solid when a program is in full screen.

Please help me on this one!!

Hi and welcome.

I agree with you and my wife wanted it back to a solid blue.
OK here is the steps
1. Right mouse on Desktop and select Personalize.
2. Select Windows Color at the bottom of the screen.
3. Uncheck the Enable Transparency.
4. Make sure you select the color you want. I still like dark blue and make sure you Color inensity is about 75%

Hopefully that does it for you.
Let us know

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/70276-vista-like-windows-7-taskbar-where-taskbar-turns-solid.html
Relevancy 44.29%

After a power outage weeks ago I was having issues with the system going down at around minutes and then less and less time after that I was told it was a display issue Stuck classpnp.sys on stuck screen, safe Windows splash on mode and to uninstall and reinstall my display drivers I uninstalled my drivers and it was still the same I felt like it was temperature related I found my graphics card Radeon was dirty I cleaned it and thought I was back in business Everything was back to normal all I needed to do was update my graphics drivers Once that was done my computer would no longer load past the Windows splash screen I used Puppy Linux on a flash drive and I have access to everything I can use the internet and access all my files This to me says that it is not a hardware issue The fact that when I try to go into safe mode it gets stuck for more than a day on classpnp sys when I finally give up I understand that classpnp sys has Stuck on Windows splash screen, safe mode stuck on classpnp.sys loaded but there Stuck on Windows splash screen, safe mode stuck on classpnp.sys is something after that that the computer can't load I have Stuck on Windows splash screen, safe mode stuck on classpnp.sys seen some people have atipcie sys load after classpnp sys and it makes sense to me that it would be a graphics driver that is causing the issue I need my Windows up and running for school and work projects Any ideas thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated

A:Stuck on Windows splash screen, safe mode stuck on classpnp.sys

Hi ,
Follow this tutorial to run SFC /Scannow at boot.
SFC /SCANNOW : Run in Command Prompt at Boot
If you want to run the command from a USB drive follow this tutorial.
Boot Windows 7 System Repair Disc from USB Using Grub4Dos
And apply it to the first link instead of the ERD (Emergency Repair CD).

Generally a good tutorial to read.
Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/303393-stuck-windows-splash-screen-safe-mode-stuck-classpnp-sys.html
Relevancy 43.43%

If you are beginning to get bored with looking at the same plain taskbar in Windows, here is an app, with which you can add textures to the Windows 7 taskbar.

A:Texture your Windows 7 taskbar with Taskbar Texturizer

Nice app...when I get beyone drawing stick figures one day than I will really get into GFX work!

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/32592-texture-your-windows-7-taskbar-taskbar-texturizer.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Since a few weeks ago after I installed Windows 7 x64 I keep on getting random BSOD but not frequently (number of 3). First one I really didnt paid attention how it happen but the second one was after exiting a game of Counter Strike Global Offensive and entering teamspeak to talk after a few seconds BSOD. The last one i got i searched on the web how to find the error and i manage to get the file and the error state.

The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 (0xfffff900c5844cf0, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff9600031c69d, 0x0000000000000000).

A:BSOD at random times when closing pc or closing browser/applications

Additional information is required.

1. Download the DM Log Collector application to your desktop by clicking the link below

DM Log Collector.exe

2. Run it by double-clicking the icon on your desktop, and follow the prompts.
3. Locate the .ZIP file that is created on your desktop, and upload it here in your next reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/347362-bsod-random-times-when-closing-pc-closing-browser-applications.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Firefox Closing Ie7 Winfixer Ads And Non Startup Etc Stop Slow And Closing MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes F windows System Winfixer Ads Non Stop Ie7 Closing And Firefox Closing Slow Startup And Etc smss exeF windows system winlogon exeF windows system services exeF windows system lsass exeF windows system svchost exeF windows System svchost exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeF windows Explorer EXEF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeF windows Winfixer Ads Non Stop Ie7 Closing And Firefox Closing Slow Startup And Etc system spoolsv exeF Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeF Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBPoll exeF windows System svchost exeF Program Files Common Winfixer Ads Non Stop Ie7 Closing And Firefox Closing Slow Startup And Etc Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEF Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeF Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exeF PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXEF windows system nvsvc exeF PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXEF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeF Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBTray exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXEF windows system ctfmon exeC MiRCfullPro mirc exeF Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exeF Program Files iTunes iTunes exeF Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeF Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeF Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeF DOCUME Ahmed LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - C E A- F - E-B E- B - F Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - f program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run ccApp quot F Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - Startup Norton Disk Doctor lnk F Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NDD EXEO - Startup Shortcut to NMain lnk F Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared NMain exeO - Global Startup Norton GoBack lnk F Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBTray exeO - Global Startup Norton System Doctor lnk F Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities SYSDOC EXEO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res F PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item E amp xportar para o Microsoft Excel - res F PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - F Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - F Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - F PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLLO - Options group INTERNATIONAL International O - Trusted Zone http loginnet passport comO - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid O - DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC MUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com microsoftupdat b O - SSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - F windows system WPDShServiceObj dllO - Service Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - F Program Files Common Files Adobe Systems Shared Service Adobelmsvc exeO - Service Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - F Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeO - Service Symantec Event Manager ccEvtMgr - Symantec Corporation - F Program Fil... Read more

A:Winfixer Ads Non Stop Ie7 Closing And Firefox Closing Slow Startup And Etc

well my problem started 2 nights ago when i was browsin the web then i gotten a popup from winantivirus PRO 2006 aking to install and stuff since then my internet explorer has had problems from closing BSOD's winlogon.exe crashing most stuff will not close such as ctfmon.exe in task man and IE7 closes everytime a popup happens abnd the same pop up comes up non stop closing IE7 fyi this is my dads pc and he will murder me i i dont get this fixed ive used 2 anti viruse scanners Kaspersky and norton both cant find the problem norton finds a downloader virus and a .cab file of the installer for winantivirus and .tmp files in the windows/temp folder
so please help me fix this
ty

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/65736/winfixer-ads-non-stop-ie7-closing-and-firefox-closing-slow-startup-and-etc/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello everyone I'm having the issue noted above BSODs attribute the crash to either one of two files cdd dll most commonly and win k sys only once Screen turns jagged goes black and then BSOD but only when closing of Warcraft, World Chrome BSOD resizing/closing also when occasionally I've had this crashes happen to me only times in a whole week already World of BSOD when resizing/closing World of Warcraft, also when closing Chrome Warcraft crashes were all succesive BSOD when resizing/closing World of Warcraft, also when closing Chrome but after updating Catalyst drivers it never happened again PC was crash-free for or days thought it may have solved the issue and I could stop worrying about faulty hardware components but yesterday night closing Chrome it happened again I turned off Aero desktop after that just in case The problem is I can't find any Memory dump or minidump for those BSODs even though settings are on for that maybe MEMORY DMP is too large I have free Gb out of on my boot drive I changed it to minidumps just in case Oh also it was already set to overwrite so no idea what's going on Could not find them manually nor could SF Diagnostics tools which I just ran My rig is new only about months old and no hardware changes since The only components coming from my older PC are the boot HDD and graphics card The only thing that's happened is or power outages in December but BSODs started only last week If any hardware components are malfunctioning they are luckily under warranty but I need to determine if that's the case Only other strange thing is that when gathering my rig's data for this post Everest shows my Motherboard as quot Unknown quot I'll double check I installed all drivers Thanks in advance btw great tool that SF Diagnostics I'm no computer wizard but it's quite useful even for an amateur like me

A:BSOD when resizing/closing World of Warcraft, also when closing Chrome

Hi Haxiel.

The zip you uploaded does not contain any crash dump.

Follow it: Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD
Go to Option Two, Point 2. Download the .reg file and merge it in registry by double clicking it.

Now wait for another BSOD. When it occurred, search the .dmp files manually in the default path: C:\Windows\Minidump or %SystemRoot%\Minidump. See if the crash dump is recorded or not (hopefully it will be recorded).Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

Dont run any disc cleanup tool before you upload another zip.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/320966-bsod-when-resizing-closing-world-warcraft-also-when-closing-chrome.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum My name is Elise and I ll be glad to help you with your computer problems I will be working on your malware issues this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine Please note that whatever repairs we make are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer The cleaning process is not instant Logs can take some time to research so please be patient with me I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible and I will work hard to help see that happen Please reply using the Add Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen Do not start a new topic The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post Unfortunately if I do not hear back Outlook browser, closing, IE Yahoo Slow and closing from you within days I will be forced to close your topic If you still need help after I have closed your topic send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or Slow browser, IE closing, Outlook and Yahoo closing feel free to create a new one You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites Alternatively you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track Slow browser, IE closing, Outlook and Yahoo closing this Topic where you can choose email notifications The topics you are tracking are shown here -----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having we would appreciate you letting us know If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine If you have not done so include a clear description of the problems you re having along with any steps you may have performed so far If you have already posted a log please do so again as your situation may have changed Use the Add Reply and add the new log to this thread We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine Please perform the following scan Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links Save it to your desktop DDS scrDDS pifDouble click on the DDS icon allow it to run A small box will open with an explaination about the tool No input is needed the scan is running Notepad will open with the results Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results Close the program window and delete the program from your desktop Please note You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run After downloading the tool disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection Run the scan enable your A V and reconnect to the internet Information on A V control HERE-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new DDS log don t forget attach txt Thanks and again sorry for the delay

A:Slow browser, IE closing, Outlook and Yahoo closing

Hi Elise,
thank you. I ended up getting rid of PC Tools Internet Security and switching to AVG Basic Free. I think most of the major problems went away.
Yahoo has stayed up, Outlook has stayed up, browser seems to work quickly, facebook didn't have floating text and pictures anymore, was able to do some posting, sent some large emails. But, and not exactly sure, IE has frozen up, but not as often. The dds program you had me run this morning froze and I had to do a hard shut off, task mgr didn't respond and the weirdest thing of all, the clock stopped. Can't say I have ever seen that. So I am not sure what exactly is going on, if it really is malware or some setting is messed up. I wasn't able to run video on a site last night. Major improvement since I got rid of PC tools, but not quite right. Sorry, nontechie.

DDS (Ver_2011-06-12.02) - NTFSx86
Internet Explorer: 8.0.7601.17514 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_26
Run by Jean at 11:53:53 on 2011-06-23
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 6.1.7601.1.1252.1.1033.18.3062.2037 [GMT -6:00]
AV: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011 *Disabled/Updated* {5A2746B1-DEE9-F85A-FBCD-ADB11639C5F0}
SP: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011 *Disabled/Updated* {E146A755-F8D3-F7D4-C17D-96C36DBE8F4D}
SP: Windows Defender *Disabled/Updated* {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
============== Running Processes ===============
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG10\avgchsvx.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG10\avgrsx.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k RPCSS
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService
C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork
C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Connection Service\Bin\ACService.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG10\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\Com4Qlb.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\IAANTMon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Kodak\AiO\Center\ekdiscovery.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Update\1.3.21.57\GoogleCrashHandler.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\HP\QuickPlay\Kernel\TV\QPCapSvc.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxtray.exe
C:\Windows\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Windows\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\EKIJ5000MUI.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared Files\RichVideo.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\Syn... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/403841/slow-browser-ie-closing-outlook-and-yahoo-closing/
Relevancy 43%

hey guys im not sure if this is actually a problem with vista or my pc so if im wrong feel free to move this thread so im having lately problems with my pc vista i donu i leave my pc alone for a few minutes and when i get back its Frozen i see whatever was on the screen the moment it gut stuck and i cant move the mouse and the LED at the Front of the PC the one thats on when the computer is quot thinking quot is Switched ON and stays that Stuck, Stuck windows Gets 7 install and Vista on way this started happening a few weeks ago i dont think i installed anything new that might have caused this and one other thing im almost sure its related i tried installing the beta version of windows and in middle of installation it gets stuck the same way i described before i tried different versions of the Windows and a few times each and it gets stuck every time and each time in different progress of the installation please help me thanks MeydanB

A:Vista Gets Stuck, and Stuck on windows 7 install

I'd suggest starting with running a memory test ( http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...torial146.html ); then following that with a bootable hard drive diagnostic:

Here's a description from my blog:

Code:
What you'll need:
- a blank CD
- a computer with an internet connection where you can download a file, install a small program, and burn a CD (doesn't have to be the computer that you'll be testing).

1. Determine the make and model of your hard drive

- In Windows XP - Go to Start...Run...and type in "devmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Click on the + sign next to Disk Drives and use Google to search the information listed there)

- In Windows VISTA - Go to Start...and type in "devmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Click on the + sign next to Disk Drives and use Google to search the information listed there

- From outside of Windows: Unplug the system from the wall, remove the battery (if it's a laptop) and crack the case open. Look inside to locate the hard drive and write down the make and model number (although the model number isn't required for the test, it will help you to identify what sort of drive to replace if the test says that the drive is bad).

If you're unable to see the hard drive info, follow the steps below for the Hitachi DFT. At the screen where it asks you if the list is correct, the model number of your drive will be there. Use Google to search for the model and that will let you know the manufacturer.

NOTE: It's strongly recommended that you use the test from the manufacturer of your hard drive. Most manufacturers build in tests that are only for their drives (in addition to the standard S.M.A.R.T. tests) - so using their test will give more accurate results.

2. Locate the support website of the hard drive manufacturer from the following list and download the appropriate file to your computer. FWIW - the first link for each drive usually contains more information/instructions about running the test.

Hitachi - http://www.hitachigst.com/hdd/support/download.htm#DFT Download this image for CD's: http://www.hitachigst.com/hdd/support/downloads/dft32_v415_b01.iso

Western Digital - http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?level1=6&lang=en Download the Diag504fCD.iso file on this page: http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=601&sid=30&lang=en

Seagate - http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/downloads/seatools Download the Seatools for DOS ISO CD-ROM Image from this link: http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/downloads/seatools/seatooldreg (English version here: http://www.seagate.com/staticfiles/support/seatools/SeaToolsDOS213bEURO.ISO )

Maxtor - Seagate SeaTools has replaced the Maxtor diagnostics. Use the Seagate SeaTools links above.

Toshiba - I'm unable to locate any tools for Toshiba. I'd suggest the Hitachi DFT (Drive Fitness Test) from above.

Fujitsu - http://www.fujitsu.com/us/services/computing/storage/hdd/support/utilities.html Download the DOS Diagnostic Tool Ver. 7.0 (For IDE/ATA/SATA Hard Drives from this link: http://www.fujitsu.com/downloads/COMP/fcpa/hdd/utilities/fjdt_700.zip You'll have to copy the file to a DOS boot CD and manually execute the FJDT.exe file once you've booted to DOS. If this is too difficult, use the Hitachi DFT (Drive Fitness Test) from above.

Samsung - http://www.samsung.com/global/business/hdd/support/utilities/Support_HUTIL.html Download the Hutil 210 ISO (for CD-ROM drive).zip from here: http://www.samsung.com/global/business/hdd/support/downloads/Hutil210_iso_for_CDROM_drive.zip You must unzip the file before you can burn (NOT copy) the ISO image to a CD.

IBM - IBM has merged with Hitachi. Use the Hitachi DFT (Drive Fitness Test) listed above.

3. If you do not have a disk burning program that's capable of burning ISO images to your CD drive, I suggest this free tool: http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm Select the ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-gets-stuck-and-stuck-on-windows-7-install-371589.html
Relevancy 42.57%

When I open any programs or files, they seem to stick together and I don't want that. I would want them to move individually instead of all at once. For example, if I open two firefox and two notepad, when I drag one of the notepad in between the two firefox, I can't do it. Two of the notepad drags at once and I can't separate them. It wasn't like this an hour ago. I don't know what happened. Please help! What happened? Thank you so much for your help and concern!

A:Programs and files on taskbar are stuck together or "grouped"! Help!

Right click on the Taskbar. Select Properties. Taskbar Buttons, click the drop down box, and select 'Never Combine'.
This will separate the taskbar buttons and allow you to manage them individually.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/99827-programs-files-taskbar-stuck-together-grouped-help.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I am using Windows XP Professional Version 2002. When I close an open document in Word, it closes the whole program. Does anyone know how to fix this. Thank you.

Relevancy 42.14%

I need some help , sometimes when i try close the PC my screen gets error and it doesn't shut down, and when i start or close some games it gets me the BSOD error saying that there is a problem with cdd.dll Adress 972CB768 base at 872C0000 date stamp 4a5bd922

A:BSOD while closing the PC or closing some games, CDD.dll error

Quote: Originally Posted by leinchetzu

I need some help , sometimes when i try close the PC my screen gets error and it doesn't shut down, and when i start or close some games it gets me the BSOD error saying that there is a problem with cdd.dll Adress 972CB768 base at 872C0000 date stamp 4a5bd922

Obvious to anyone. You have three malware apps running live at the same time. You have Avast, Kaspersky, and AVG.

You need to remove them all and install Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST.

If you continue to crash even after removing them upload the DMP file as you have old drivers that need updating.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/200675-bsod-while-closing-pc-closing-some-games-cdd-dll-error.html
Relevancy 42.14%

About weeks ago it was apparent that laptop was infected with antispyware XP My husband tried to solve it himself without waiting for me I m the problem solver in the house Anyway he purchased Shield Dekuxe which didn t seem to work He downloaded the trial version of StopZilla which found bad things and quarentined them Things were working fine Today things are not working again I can open IE and it will bring up virus, search IE closing, window closing Possible the home page google com but anything typed Possible virus, IE closing, search window closing in the search box or clicked on from the drop down list of frequently visited sites just closes IE I also cannot search The window will open but clicking on anything files folders documents etc immediately closes the window I also cannot find Windows Explorer Shield Deluxe is currently installed StopZilla is uninstalled We have Zone Alarm installed possibly I was doing online chat with Shield Deluxe to get it to work the internet aspect and they said to uninstall ZA as it would interfere with SD I removed ZA using add remove programs from the control panel yet when I restarted the computer ZA started up It is no longer listed in the add remove programs list However viewing All Programs from the start menu shows a folder for Zone Labs Since I can t find Windows Explorer and I can t search I can t find the folder to delete its contents Laptop is a Compaq Presario running Windows XP and currently cannot use the internet due to the above problem I am using laptop for the internet connection to solve these problems Thanks for any help you can offer nbsp

A:Possible virus, IE closing, search window closing

Here is my Hijack This log from yesterday:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 6:53:11 PM, on 11/15/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16735)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\PCSecurityShield\The Shield Deluxe 2008\avp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\runservice.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\PCSecurityShield\The Shield Deluxe 2008\avp.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.1128.5462\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
F:\Anti Virus\HJTInstall.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo!
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = ;127.0.0.1
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn5\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - rsion - (no file)
O2 - BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn5\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll (file missing)
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn5\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar4.dll
O3 - Toolbar: AllDial High Speed - {8B79EE88-E62D-4AA8-B530-CC357BA112B7} - C:\Program Files\AllDial High Speed\Toolband.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVP] "C:\Program Files\PCSecurityShield\The Shield Deluxe 2008\avp.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe" -quiet
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.1128.5462\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [[system]] C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\services.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [brastk] C:\WINDOWS\system32\brastk.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [[system]] C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\services.exe (User 'Default user')
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate into English - res://c:\prog... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-virus-ie-closing-search-window-closing.769451/
Relevancy 40.42%

We are seeing EMET 5.5 closing office applications and IE automatically on Windows 8.1 (64 bit) and Windows 10 (x64 bit) during installation.
Anybody experiencing this issue during installation?
Any suggestions?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b5a9b218-633f-4b01-bee3-0fb93ab83d7f/emet-55-closing-office-applications-and-ie-automatically-on-windows-81-and-windows-10-during?forum=emet
Relevancy 39.99%

I have several protective programs running..
like "Adware, Fix It 5,SpywareStopper"
but I haven't found any viruses...

When I run SpyBot, it comes up with about 23-25 entries AND I stall when I get to create a restore point. After a lon---g period of time the (not responding)
goes on.

Another problem is that WinRAR opens but closes unexpectedly...

Are these problems possibly related or do I have different issues???

Thanks for any help!

A:Creating a Restore Point & Windows XP Explorer Windows closing

http://forums.techguy.org/t110854.html Follow this link to Rollin Rog Security Tools It is hard to tell from your report exactly what spy ware programs you are running . Scroll down the page to Parasitic , Download Ad-Aware SE , Spy Bot Search and Destroy , Spy Ware Blaster . Setup and update according to the tutourials. Go to Panda Active Scan or other online virus scanner and run a scan . If you do not have an anti virus program aboard go to Grisoft AVG and download the personal free edition . Use these programs only for now and shut down any other spyware / malware programs you mayhave running . After using the programs from Rollin Rog Security Tools come back and let us know how things are now running .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/creating-a-restore-point-windows-xp-explorer-windows-closing.272967/
Relevancy 39.99%

I use Windows and Mozilla Firefox and recently have been getting forwarded to sites I out 7 firefox and to closing sites Windows mozilla forwarding windows have never gone to and sometimes it also closes on Mozilla windows when I am trying to go to web sites and forwards to strange addresses on it Windows 7 forwarding to sites and closing out mozilla firefox windows s own I also sometime get a fake download that says I need to click ok to check for viruses Help please this is driving me nuts lol Here is a hijack this log from tonight Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x ASUS AI Manager AIManager exe C Program Files x Common Files SupportSoft bin bcont exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files x ASUS AI Manager AsShellApplication exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastUI exe C Windows 7 forwarding to sites and closing out mozilla firefox windows Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jucheck exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http asus msn com R Windows 7 forwarding to sites and closing out mozilla firefox windows - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http mail yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - no file O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - E A DC - - A - EA-DC EC ACF - C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O - BHO HP Smart BHO Class - FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp BHO dll O - Toolbar amp Windows Live Toolbar - FA EF- D- D - B F- A D - C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O - Toolbar DAEMON Tools Toolbar - AAC-C - - E A- E A E - C Program Files x DAEMON Tools Toolbar DTToolbar dll O - HKLM Run RunAIShell C Program Files x ASUS AI Manager AsShellApplication exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKLM Ru... Read more

A:Windows 7 forwarding to sites and closing out mozilla firefox windows

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.In the custom scan box paste the following:

msconfig
safebootminimal
activex
drivers32
netsvcs
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
/md5start
hlp.dat
/md5stop
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav
%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /90Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt<--Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/356156/windows-7-forwarding-to-sites-and-closing-out-mozilla-firefox-windows/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi Recently Windows has been hanging a little after closing Firefox and or Windows Live Mail For example if I close Firefox or WM Windows Mail and click on the Start button or anything for that matter Windows will hang maybe seconds before it loads it It didn t used to do this I ve ran anti virus spyware programs Which returned no real threats and Ccleaner I ve defragmented and ran check disk too so my files should be clean and in order for quick access I actually recently had to reinstall Windows XP bit so it s a pretty fresh install As far as I know the drivers and whatnot should be up-to-date too As for the game it s particulary games. a or lag after little Firefox and Windows hangs XP Windows Mail closing only one as I notice lags in a certain way that never had before It s America s Army and every so often I will get this lag that will last for a few seconds and just go away It will make the game real sluggish but only for about or so seconds but gets quite annoying as Windows XP hangs a little after closing Firefox or Windows Mail and lag games. this didn t used to happen before I ve tried system restore to go back to a point where I didn t think it had been doing this but none of the restore points were available for some reason and the one it did let me restore to didn t help I don t notice any processes running that look suspicious or that shouldn t be running I ve also noticed the past few times I boot up and while loading windows my mouse will freeze for just a second which is also not normal I do have my CPU ram and video card over clocked but I know this isn t the reason for my problems since they ve been like that for quite some time and I ve ran Prime for long periods of time without problems I did recently increase my Pagefile size in windows to MB from the default Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing these little hangs after closing Firefox Windows Live Mail and the reoccuring lag in the game Because I have a feeling the two problems are connected in some way Your advice and suggestions would be appreciated Thanks Hijackthis log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files APC APC PowerChute Personal Edition mainserv exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Galleon bin Wrapper exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS system java exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C Program Files ATITool ATITool exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exe C Program Files APC APC PowerChute Personal Edition apcsystray exe C Program Files Winamp winamp exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acro... Read more

A:Windows XP hangs a little after closing Firefox or Windows Mail and lag games.

A little update...

I ran Advance WindowsCare V2 Peronal and let it "clean and fix" everything but I still get the delay/lag after closing almost any program. For instance, I opened up Windows defrag utility, closed it and tried clocking on start and it didn't open for about 3 or 4 seconds. I don't know what's causing this but it will also slow my game mention above down like I have something else using a lot of CPU power or something for a few seconds...and this happens in the game quite often...I'd say it does it at least once every minute.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this? It's very annoying and I would hate to have to reinstall Windows since I just literally got everything reinstalled and copied back over when this problem started occurring. If you need any more info or logs, let me know. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-hangs-a-little-after-closing-firefox-or-windows-mail-and-lag-games.769985/
Relevancy 39.99%

I am having an on again off again problem. Here is an example, I open settings and run updates, then I open either google chrome or firefox. Later I check updates and if done I close settings window. Now when I do this it closes all open programs, ie google chrome or firefox. Anyone notice this, or have this problem?

Henry

http://www.tenforums.com/general-support/61328-all-windows-closing.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello, my computer suddenly closes all the windows, the first time that happened it shuted down the system. I have the earlyest version of Norton Antivirus, and It says that I don't have a virus, what problem could I have?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/closing-windows-235760.html
Relevancy 39.99%

This is happening to my roommate's laptop, and it's quite annoying..

When she goes into some links, the page loads, and it closes right before she can see its content.

She's using WinXp.

I tried msconfig, same thing.

This has already happened to a guy, and he posted it in 2003, no one really helped him..

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum...00/t1067363088

I hope someone can help me (her).

Thx^^

A:IE windows closing by themselves

A few things to try: run an anti virus scan; download/install/run AdAware and Spybot Search and Destroy (both available at Download.com); reinstall Internet Explorer or...

If these do not help another possibility...
Please download HijackThis - this program will help us determine if there are any spyware/malware on your computer. Create a folder at C:\HJT and move HijackThis.exe there. Double click on the program to run it.

1. If it gives you an intro screen, just choose 'Do a system scan and save a logfile'.
2. If you don't get the intro screen, just hit Scan and then click on Save log.
3. Get HijackThis Analyzer and save it to the same folder as the hijackthis.log file. Run HijackThis Analyzer and type in y if you agree. The result.txt file will open up in Notepad. Copy the whole result.txt log and post it in the forum. We do not need the original hijackthis.log (unless we ask for it). Do not fix anything in HijackThis since they may be harmless.

Post the log in the HighJackThis Log Help forum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-windows-closing-by-themselves-35999.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I am having an on again off again problem. Here is an example, I open settings and run updates, then I open either google chrome or firefox. Later I check updates and if done I close settings window. Now when I do this it closes all open programs, ie google chrome or firefox. Anyone notice this, or have this problem?

Henry

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/61328-all-windows-closing.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I have been having problems for a long time having windows shutting down when I access a site. For example, if I go to a site and a small window pops up with some kind of info regarding the site and it then closes, then the original window also closes. Can someone please help me solve this? Is this a common problem with VISTA, or is it just on my computer? Many thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-closing.794240/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi Ive noticed some strange actions from my PC lately Sometimes when Ive been away from the computer for a while and I come back to i discover that all the windows that I had open are closed Sometimes the DVD-RW Drive opens from itself without that I do anything Sometimes by closing Ie Closing Windows IE or by turning of the PC I get an error message like quot memory could not be read quot I have Sygate Firewall AVG Anti Virus AVG Anti Spyware and I Ie Windows Closing update them everyday Here is my HijackThis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Programmi File comuni Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeF Programmi Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeF PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEF PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeF PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exeC WINDOWS system AvidSDMService exeC Programmi ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC NVIDIA NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exeC WINDOWS vsnpstd exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC Programmi SiteAdvisor SAService exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeF Programmi Creative Creative Live Cam VideoFX StartFX exeC Programmi SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exeC NVIDIA NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exeF Programmi Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exeG Programmi TomTom HOME TomTomHOME exeF PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exeF Programmi iTunes iTunesHelper exeF Programmi DAEMON Tools daemon exeC Programmi Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Programmi Messenger msmsgs exeC Programmi Creative Shared Files CamTray exeF Programmi Hewlett-Packard AiO hp psc series Bin hpobrt exeF Programmi Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exeC Programmi ZyDAS Technology Corporation ZyDAS g Utility ZDWlan exeC Programmi SpywareGuard sgmain exeF PROGRA HEWLET AiO Shared Bin hpoevm exeC Programmi SpywareGuard sgbhp exeF Programmi Hewlett-Packard AiO Shared bin hpOSTS exeC Programmi File comuni Logitech khalshared KHALMNPR EXEC Programmi iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Programmi Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEF Programmi Hijackthis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www google com ieR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www google comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www hotmail com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www google comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www google com ieR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www google comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www hotmail com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www google com ieR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Search URL http www google com ieR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www google com ieR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http www google com search q sR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http www google com keyword sR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexploreR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName CollegamentiR - URLSearchHook SweetIM For Internet Explorer - BC FFE -DE F- fa-B -AAD B F - C Programmi Macrogaming SweetIMBarForIE toolbar dll file missing O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Programmi File comuni Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - FD D- B- FC- - AE - C Programmi SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dllO - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C ... Read more

A:Ie Windows Closing

Does anybody now what the problem could be?
THANKS!!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/103308/ie-windows-closing/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi Ive noticed some strange actions from my PC lately Sometimes when Ive IE closing Windows been away from the computer for a while and I come back to i discover that all the windows that I had open are closed Sometimes the DVD-RW Drive opens from itself without that I do anything Sometimes by closing IE or by turning of the PC I get an error message like quot memory could not be read quot I have Sygate Firewall AVG Anti Virus AVG Anti Spyware and I update them everyday Here is my HijackThis IE Windows closing log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer IE Windows closing v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Programmi IE Windows closing File comuni Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe F Programmi Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe F PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE F PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe F PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS system AvidSDMService exe C Programmi ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C NVIDIA NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exe C WINDOWS vsnpstd exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Programmi SiteAdvisor SAService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe F Programmi Creative Creative Live Cam VideoFX StartFX exe C Programmi SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe C NVIDIA NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exe F Programmi Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe G Programmi TomTom HOME TomTomHOME exe F PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe F Programmi iTunes iTunesHelper exe F Programmi DAEMON Tools daemon exe C Programmi Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Programmi Messenger msmsgs exe C Programmi Creative Shared Files CamTray exe F Programmi Hewlett-Packard AiO hp psc series Bin hpobrt exe F Programmi Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Programmi ZyDAS Technology Corporation ZyDAS g Utility ZDWlan exe C Programmi SpywareGuard sgmain exe F PROGRA HEWLET AiO Shared Bin hpoevm exe C Programmi SpywareGuard sgbhp exe F Programmi Hewlett-Packard AiO Shared bin hpOSTS exe C Programmi File comuni Logitech khalshared KHALMNPR EXE C Programmi iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Programmi Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE F Programmi Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www google com ie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www google com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www hotmail com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www google com ie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www hotmail com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www google com ie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Search URL http www google com ie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www google com ie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http www google com search q s R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http www google com keyword s R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName Collegamenti R - URLSearchHook SweetIM For Internet Explorer - BC FFE -DE F- fa-B -AAD B F - C Programmi Macrogaming SweetIMBarForIE toolbar dll file missing O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Programmi File comuni Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - FD D- B- FC- - AE - C Programmi ... Read more

A:IE Windows closing

Does anybody know what the problem could be??
THANKS!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/ie-windows-closing-172878.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi so I ve had closing! Windows keep this problem for a while now and I m finally getting sick of it My programs and windows will randomly close without warning and without being considered a crash when I try to access a file program or internet page with a certain word in the title The key word that seems to close things Windows keep closing! seems to be Windows keep closing! the word quot download quot When I try to open a program with the word in the title it closes If I try to open my Downloads file it closes the explorer window If I try to open an internet page with the word in the URL it will close the tab almost instantly The only other thing of note that has also been affected seems to be the main Control Panel The one where you can access all the little sub-categories which themselves work fine which closes on its own aswell My computer is an HP laptop whose model I forget and runs Windows Home Basic I inherited this computer from a relatives business who bought it and relied on an employee to use it though the employee did not know what they were doing have the time and installed countless useless web applications like toolbars and such most of which I had to go through the pain-staking task of removing one-by-one And I have no doubt there are still some in there that don t show up in the remove and uninstall page Any help would be greatly appreciated Hope you can help me and my thanks in advance nbsp

A:Windows keep closing!

You should ask this get moved to the Virus & Other Malware Removal so they can help you out. Click on the Report link and ask they remove this.

Also Never ever post your email address online or your be asking for lots of SPAM so best to remove the email address asap.
All questions can be asked in the post in this thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-keep-closing.1100677/
Relevancy 39.99%

Awhile ago my AV expired so I have been using one for a month or two And now I'm paying for it My computer is slow and something keeps closing random windows and sometimes even programs I can't even get an Antivirus program installed because my browser wont stay open long enough Here's my HiJackThis Log file I hope someone can help Thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform is windows... my closing Something Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C Something is closing my windows... WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc Something is closing my windows... exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C Something is closing my windows... WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C program files powerstrip pstrip exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C WINDOWS system LXSUPMON EXE C WINDOWS System WScript exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files ccxgui ccXservice exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files ccxgui ccxstream exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBPoll exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system regsrv exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXE C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system sendi exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared NMain exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared NMain exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared NMain exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared NMAIN EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared NMain exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Professional Ad-Watch exe C RECYCLER NPROTECT exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Documents and Settings Michael Kolk My Documents Computer Utilites HiJackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www comcast net toolbar search F - system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINDOWS system winmgd win F - win ini run C WINDOWS system mouse configurator win O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO Comcast Toolbar - E BD F- B D- E- BE-BE DF D AE - C PROGRA COMCAS COMCAS DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Norton Internet Security - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO NAV Helper - A F D D-E - D -B A - BB FDD - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO FlashFXP Helper for Internet Explorer - E A B-D - -AD - B EE - C PROGRA FlashFXP IEFlash dll O - Toolbar Norton Internet Security - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - C E A- F - E-B E- B - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Comcast Toolbar - E BD F- B D- E- BE-BE DF D AE - C PROGRA COMCAS COMCAS DLL O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - ... Read more

A:Something is closing my windows...

Hi there and welcome to TSF.

I am currently reviewing your log. Please note that this is under the supervision of an expert analyst, and I will be back with a fix for your problem a.s.a.p

Please be patient with me during this time.

We also suggest that you Subscribe to this thread to be notified of fixes as soon as they are posted by our Team. You can do this simply by clicking the "Thread Tools" button located in the original thread line and selecting "Subscribe to this Thread".

regards
alba

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/something-is-closing-my-windows-96200.html
Relevancy 39.99%

The best scenario I can use is this: I play on Pogo and to start with I am on the home page. Then I will open the game I wish to play which opens another window. When I want to close the game window the whole pogo site closes and I am back to my desk top. I have checked other places besides Pogo and the same thing is happening. I have Windows xp- 7. This has been happening for 3 days now. Can you please help me? Thanks ans have a good day

Relevancy 39.99%

When i have a window open in vistas, minimize and open another window, the original window closes itself down. Why. Help me

A:Windows closing

*Computer specs...
*Did you upgrade to Windows Vista or was it installed on the computer when you bought it?
*All types of windows or just windows explorer (i.e. 'computer') or every thing like Internet explorer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-closing-470928.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello,
I'm having problems with keeping folders open on my computer. Since Im not very technical I'll just explain the process and problem.
I wish to access a video file (.avi) on my computer so i open up my comp, open the required drive, and select the appropriate folder. When in the folder sometimes the window displaying the files will shut down after one or two seconds displaying the the message that windows explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close (sometimes this only happens after clicking on an actual file, depends on the folder.) I'm not sure why or if its a virus of some sort (I have an up-to-date version of Norton protection centre which doesn't detect anything), any help would be much appreciated because its becoming quite an annoyance not being able to access files.
(the files worked fine before so i know its not because of them.)
Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 39.99%

I moved my taskbar to the top of the screen and now it wont move from there. Even if I right click and go to properties and choose Left, Right, or Bottom, it doesnt move. I hit apply and nothing happens.

Any ideas?

A:Taskbar "stuck"

Nevermind. I had to restart explorer.exe for some reason. Now everything is okay

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/16536-taskbar-stuck.html
Relevancy 39.56%

If i open a internet window and click something on the page and it opens another window, when i close it, all the windows close and i have to start my search all over. help me

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/why-are-my-internet-windows-closing-300948.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi Folks
When I have multiple windows open, there appears to be a slight delay in the tabs in the task bar closing although the window itself closes immediately.
I hope this makes sense.
Because of this delay I often end up closing IE windows in error.
Apart from this my system appears to work well and is not otherwise sluggish.

Any suggestions or ideas?
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-6-delay-in-closing-windows.511322/
Relevancy 39.56%

When i try to use the mouse, random windows open and close on their own relentlessly.I have run Norton antivirus but nothing has come up. Ideas?

A:Windows opening and closing on their own

hi, welcome to TSG.

Download hijack this from the link below.Please do this. Click here:

http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/files/hijackthis_sfx.exe

to download HijackThis. Click scan and save a logfile, then post it here so
we can take a look at it for you. Don't click fix on anything in hijack this
as most of the files are legitimate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-opening-and-closing-on-their-own.414447/
Relevancy 39.56%

Whener we try to close IE on my husband's laptop, multiple windows pop up and it takes forever to close. No error message appears. Any suggestions?

Thankx!
Barb

A:Multiple windows when closing IE

Sounds like a data miner cookie is, or cookies are, on his computer. Need to clean the data miner cookies off with something like Ad-aware.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/232865-multiple-windows-when-closing-ie.html
Relevancy 39.56%

My windows explore keeps closing for some reason. Ill open it and look through folders and it will just close returning me back to desk top.

Anyone have a clue why this is happening?

A:Windows explore closing

Troubleshooting Windows Explorer Errors

http://www.helpwithwindows.com/techfiles/explorer-crashes.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explore-closing.618922/
Relevancy 39.56%

An odd thing as occured in the past week.
I am using Vista 64bit OS.
As we all know, when we click the (x) in the upper right to close a web page, it should close on one click. Also when going to the task bar and right clicking to close the page.
It is taking me three or more clicks to close the page. The back arrow seems un-affected. The open web page seems to hang and then closes.
I have no problems in closeing normal windows within the os.
I've checked for malware using malwarebytes and nothing comes up. I also have no viruses according to my payed version of AVG. I keep my system clean of junk files etc.

Any advice and or guidedence would be great.
Thank you.

Regards
Ernest

A:Web Page Windows not closing

Hi, what Internet browser are you using to start off with (IE, FG, GC etc.)?
Have you made sue Windows and your broswer are completely up to date?
Does this happen on all user accounts (you can test this using the guest account which you can disable afterwards if you want)?

Please post back with your results.

Oli

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/273580-web-page-windows-not-closing.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi.

My problem is that when I leave my computer on and go away for a while that it goes to the welcome screen (not the problem). After I log back on windows explorer usually closes down. So the taskbar and all my icons are gone. It also happens during games sometimes.

Can someone help?

Also, My firefox keeps clearing my bookmarks and personal settings.Is there a way to fix that?

Thanks,
Kaku

A:Windows Explorer Keeps Closing

For your Firefox problem, try the following.
Start> Mozilla Firefox> Mozilla Firefox(Safe Mode). This starts Firefox without
any extensions and the default theme. If this solves the problem, then it is an
extension or theme effecting Firefox. If that doesn't help, create a new profile.
Your profile may have become corrupt.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-keeps-closing.515972/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello I hope someone can help me with this as I just cannot seem to find an answer .Whenever I access windows explorer it shuts down after a few seconds I get "exception integer division by zero. (OxC0000994) occurred in the application at location 0x0bd0dbdd . the last set of digits changes as I also had (0x0597dbdd) .I am running windows XP with service pack 2
Well that's it any ideas would be greatly appreciated .
Thank you ,
Eric

A:Windows explorer keeps closing

Is your PC fully patched using windows update?

If you have and codec packages installed, uninstall them as a test. See if the problem stops.
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread63720.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-keeps-closing.809034/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi, I wonder if anyone else has seen this issue. If I open a couple of tabs in IE11 and then close one of them down. If I then put my cursor on IE11 in the task bar it shows the tab is still open with a revolving circle in the middle and does not close down. If I then try to go to the other open tab I get 'websitename not responding' the only way I can close down the tab is by using task manager to close down the whole of IE11. Any help gratefully received as ever. Al

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/windows-ie11-non-closing-tab-4610193/
Relevancy 39.56%

Whenever I open a certain folder on one of my external hard drives, a message pops up saying "windows explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close". The folder is one of several, all containing avi files, opening any of the other folders doesn't cause this problem. If I ignore the message (ie don't click send/don't send report) then I can usually use the folder and files within as normal, but if I click, then any windows of any drives I had open all close. I used flash disinfector but the problem remains. Please help! Thank you!

A:Drive windows closing!

This more than likely is NOT a malware issue. What is the Operating System you have running?In the error message, click the click here link at the bottom of the message box and what dos it say?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/181605/drive-windows-closing/
Relevancy 39.56%

I ran a nmap on my computer, and noted some ports were open that I did not recognize.  I went into the windows firewall - advanced security, and added the ports I wanted to close.  [see attached image]  I did this for both in and outbound.  I ran nmap again, and they were still open.  How do I close these ports down?

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=fkxqgh&s=6

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/486451/closing-ports-on-windows-7/
Relevancy 39.56%

Windows is shutting down as if I requested it Gives me the same window you get that has logoff restart stand by and cancel only it won t allow me to do any of this Of course this happens at my parents home while they are gone and while trying to figure it out what the problem is they windows closing now message. is Help! call amp ask me to send them something via email so I rush home to do so on my own pc I will now take mine back to their house and return to techguy for some help I hope more details Windows starts up and gives me about windows is now closing message. Help! minutes to get somewhere before and once I get the msg then pc is frozen I did make a change to to the power options in control panel when this all started a happen Uncharged the options so that I was prompted for the action to take when windows is now closing message. Help! using the power button Prior to that is just said it was closing and did Now it hangs there Also I have to wait full minutes or moreto start up again because if I don t and retry it too soon a system window pops up that is split into rows in different colors Blue color says monitor is fine Then there is a green and a red one One of those will say to to check my pc connection as if something is unplugged I have tried restoring and it did nothing I have tried safe mode Nothing Before I left to come and get my pc I was trying to get as far as a hijack log but didn t get that done yet Don t think it has anything to do with that anyhow nbsp

A:windows is now closing message. Help!

What message do you get?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-is-now-closing-message-help.408186/
Relevancy 39.56%

I have a PC in shop that exhibits the following Internet Explorer SP and Outlook Express closes within seconds of opening IE will show connecting to the default MSN home page just before XP Windows Applications Closing closing Firefox and Netscape will both run and operate on the net AVG Spybot Spyware Guardian and Blaster are on the machine CWshredder has been run Hijackthis was used to clean up the unneeded entries Houcall trendmicro com can t be run as it doesn t run seemingly on Firefox and the manual download for netscape can t see the Windows XP Closing Applications directory plugins even when directed to it Using task manager and closing every process possible IE and OE are still closed ASAP Furthermore Services MSC is closed ASAP as is System Restore MMC will launch but if you try to go to any of the tools it closes Even using Windows Explorer and typing in a url results in closing of the WE window once it hits the web site An XP Home SP CD has been used to repair restore in process again now the installation with no change Am looking for a possible solution that doesn t involve a fresh install full install or slicking the machine Thanks for your input nbsp

A:Windows XP Closing Applications

pantera said:

I have a PC in shop that exhibits the following:

Internet Explorer (6 SP 1) and Outlook Express closes within seconds of opening. IE will show connecting to the default MSN home page just before closing.

Firefox and Netscape (7.2) will both run and operate on the net.

AVG, Spybot, Spyware Guardian and Blaster are on the machine. CWshredder has been run, Hijackthis was used to clean up the unneeded entries. Houcall.trendmicro.com can't be run as it doesn't run (seemingly) on Firefox, and the manual download for netscape can't see the directory (plugins), even when directed to it.

Using task manager and closing every process possible, IE and OE are still closed ASAP. Furthermore, Services.MSC is closed ASAP as is System Restore. MMC will launch, but if you try to go to any of the tools it closes. Even using Windows Explorer and typing in a url results in closing of the WE window once it hits the web site.

An XP Home SP2 CD has been used to repair restore (in process again now) the installation with no change.

Am looking for a possible solution that doesn't involve a fresh install (full install or slicking the machine).

Thanks for your input.Click to expand...
Welcome to the forum
you are probably going to have to post your hijack this log here or the security forum for someone to take a look. It sounds like a malware problem...doc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-closing-applications.290412/
Relevancy 39.56%

I am a computer geek. Sorry but I just purchased this computer and I am going crazy. First of all can you tell me why when I try to close a window in vista the whole computer closes. Why can I not close out one page. I will be here a lot--happy I found this forum. Is there a beginner forum I should be in. Please help. lol

A:Closing Windows in Visa

Hello Eyore953, and welcome to the Vista Forums

Can you describe your problem in a little more detail - I'm sure that with a little more information someone here will be able to help

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/195323-closing-windows-visa.html
Relevancy 39.56%

windows flash and minimize or close at random. i have tried running spybot and adaware and avg.. and made sure everything is updated but it stil persists. the windows seldom stay open over a minute. both IE regular windows and chat IM windows. please help?

A:please help me - IE windows closing at random

I sort of have the same thing going on I go on a site and within seconds I'm booted off this is what comes up
PROGRAM ERROR
IEXPLORE.eve has generated errors & will be closed by Windwos.
You will need to restart the program.
An error log is being created.

it seems to get worse each week I mean I go back to see about the same sites and I canNOT get on there at all it's useless.
I have no idea what is going on.
I have windows 2000 btw.
THANX

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/please-help-me-ie-windows-closing-at-random-272878.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Websites keep closing on me - says an error has occured and the program keep Windows Solved: closing has to close For Solved: Windows keep closing instance when in hotmail I can read or emails but then the error message appears and closes the program It seems more of a function issue - can t Solved: Windows keep closing click too many boxes - than a time issue as I can keep hotmail open as long as I don t open more than or emails or folders This happens in on other websites as well Any ideas on what s going on Any help would be much appreciated Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G Graphics Controller Mb Hard Drives C Total Solved: Windows keep closing - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Computer Corp K CN GA HE Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

A:Solved: Windows keep closing

Try firefox:

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Or try this:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-keep-closing.1017863/
Relevancy 39.56%

Ive recently had my PC formatted and made alittle quicker but now im finding that my media player, explorer and newsbin etc keeps closing down and i get that same old message about finding problem so its gotta close the application please help me i want to punch myself in the face!!

A:Windows keeps closing down my applications!!

Have you already installed all Windows updates and anti virus/spyware applications already?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-keeps-closing-down-my-applications-399470.html
Relevancy 39.56%

hello i truly appreciate your help here's my problem late yesterday when some gremlin closing my 'windows' is trying to click on an application in the system tray or the start button or the log-in button the new 'window' appeared but only for a split second then something closed that 'window' i shut the computer off i then ran a full anti-virus scan in safe mode but nothing was some gremlin is closing my 'windows' detected attached are the contents of the dds text file and the zipped files note that when i initially ran gmer exe it failed so i ran it with only the sections and c box some gremlin is closing my 'windows' clicked also i think the problem lies with this desktop computer however when the trouble was occuring my laptop which was hard-wired connected via wireless router experienced the same issue if you think i need to repair that laptop later please advise thank you again for any help you can provide DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by sward at on Wed Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials On-access scanning enabled Updated BCF -A - -AEDE-D FCBCFCDF Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe c Program Files Microsoft some gremlin is closing my 'windows' Security Essentials MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files HOLT VS ASA dbsrv exe C Program Files HOLT VS ASA UpdateService exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardianSvc exe C Program Files LogMeIn x RaMaint exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C Program Files HOLT VS ASA UpdateMonitorSAU exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials msseces exe C Program Files Citrix ICA Client concentr exe C Program Files Spiceworks bin spicetray exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService isuspm exe C Program Files Citrix ICA Client wfcrun exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Spiceworks httpd bin spiceworks-httpd exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Spiceworks httpd bin spiceworks-httpd exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exe C PROGRA SPICEW bin spiceworks exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings sward Desktop dds com Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uSearch Page hxxp www google com hws sb dell-usuk en side html channel us-smb uSearch Bar hxxp www google com hws sb dell-usuk en side html channel us-smb mSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO WOT Helper c e a- f - e -bdd -a e feb - c program files wot WOT dll BHO CBrowserHelperObje... Read more

A:some gremlin is closing my 'windows'

i'm having trouble again and wanted to provide more information in case it's relevant. i closed all applications and went to hit the start button so that i could shut the computer off. the start menu appeared for a split second, then disappeared. when i ctrl+alt+delete i see that spicetray is running as an application. perhaps that is part of the problem?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/some-gremlin-is-closing-my-windows-534244.html
Relevancy 39.56%

My internet browswer Internet Explorer randomly closes citing an error The advanced info Windows Internet Closing All on the error is largely uninteligible to me a seemingly random string of number and letters Sometimes when I'm on a page that requires Flash I get a Flash error which closes all my browsers I do have the latest Flash version I checked This browser-closing issue is extremely new Just now something All Internet Windows Closing even more new and threatening All Internet Windows Closing occured which may be linked I was playing Age of Empires The Asian Dynasties in Full Screen mode of course and suddenly it CTD'd with a similarly error reporting method as the ones with the browser issues I was playing this game online not offline I believe there is some sort of a program on my machine which closes my apps I have gigs of ram and a powerful machine altogether and again this is a new problem Below is my HijackThis Log Thank you in advance for your time and consideration Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Real RealPlayer realplay exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Windows NT Accessories WORDPAD EXEC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId cid SUB CLCID R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEO - HKLM Run BluetoothAuthenticationAgent rundll exe irprops cpl BluetoothAuthenticationAgentO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKUS S- - - Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NVMCTRAY DLL NvTaskbarInit User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NVMCTRAY DLL NvTaskbarInit User 'Default user' O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid O - DPF F -B - -A -B BB A C - http a g akamai net meInstaller exeO - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http www update microsoft com microsoftu b O - DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC MUWebControl Class - http www update microsoft com microsoftu b O - SharedTaskScheduler IE Component Categories cache daemon - A - - e e-B C - C C EF - C WINDOWS system ieframe dllO - Service InstallDriver Table Ma... Read more

A:All Internet Windows Closing

Hi bluefox, If you still need help please post a new HijackThis log as a reply to this topic. Before posting the log, please make sure you follow all the steps found in this topic: Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log , and I'll be happy to look at it for you.Thanks for your patience.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/129946/all-internet-windows-closing/
Relevancy 39.56%

When I try to open a media file (video-audio) it comes up with the message, windows explorer must close then gives me an option to send an error report i have ran, adaware se, spybot, bugdoctor and mcafee.

A:Windows Explorer Keeps Closing

When I try to open a media file (video-audio) it comes up with the message, windows explorer must close then gives me an option to send an error report i have ran, adaware se, spybot, bugdoctor and mcafee. What operating system are you using?If it is XP or XP Pro, go to system restore and pick a restore date from before you began experiencing this problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/21628/windows-explorer-keeps-closing/
Relevancy 39.56%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD A4-3400 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 18 Model 1 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3570 Mb
Graphics Card: Radmin Mirror Driver V3, 4 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 941694 MB, Free - 892024 MB; D: Total - 12071 MB, Free - 1157 MB;
Motherboard: PEGATRON CORPORATION, 2ACF
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

The above are the computer specs.

I am running Windows 7 Pro. The computer will randomly close down and go to the "control, alt, delete" screen. It just started doing this today. I checked the heatsink and fans and they are ok.

Relevancy 39.56%

Using windows 2000. I keep getting the following error:

"iexplore.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows"

Doesn't seem to matter where I surf to it just pops up and closes my window. Very aggravating.

Any ideas please?

Update: I've discovered that the problem lies in the file called ntdll.dll. I cannot simply delete it and replace it unfortunately. I have recently done a reformat and clean install of windows. Got all IE and windows security updates. I have no idea what could be causing the problem but it seems to be getting worse as I use the computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-keeps-closing-windows.492732/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi, my computer just recently started acting up, whenever i open up a program. It works for a little bit, then i start to use it, it freezes up and i get a (NOT RESPONGING) next to the program name. I go to task manager and try to shut it off manually, but i get the end task warning screen with a yellow exclamation point in the bottom right hand of the program icon. The message says that closing this program may cause immediate instability on your computer . . . Then, my computer totally freezes and i have to maunally turn it off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/49707/programs-are-not-closing-on-windows-xp/
Relevancy 39.56%

Well that's my problem, every few minutes, the explorer window close sown and I need to re open it and search again the folders I was woking on with and it is really a pain... Also my computer used to be faster on the boot up and now is so sloooow.

I hope you guys can help me even knowing my PC is screwd.

Here's the hijack log file. (but I didnt run it on safe mode btw)

Thx guys.

Relevancy 39.56%

Hello - Last Tuesday I got a quot Windows Security quot virus and I thought I removed it by using the steps from bleepingcomputer com The real issue began on Monday when I received a quot Generic Host Win quot error I am not sure if the two are related After this my computer starting behaving very strangely I sometimes have trouble opening new internet explorer windows and when I finally do get one open it can sometimes Windows Explorer not is closing refuse to Windows Explorer is not closing close Yesterday I received a blue screen error and the message that quot your computer has recovered from a serious error quot The only changes I made to my computer after eliminating the virus was downloading the update for AVG Free Antivirus program Since I have tried to restore my computer to an earlier time and I have run scans with quot Malware Bytes quot a number of times The first time the program found about issues that I promptly cleaned off my system Since I have run the program a few times but no issues were returned Is there something I need to do to Malware Bytes to detect whatever is messing with my computer I thought restoring and running the scans fixed the error but later that day I received another Win error The strange thing is my computer seems to behaving normally today I am wondering if anyone can offer some advice as to what to do next here Thank you in advance for your assistance Mike

A:Windows Explorer is not closing

I mentioned that the error has not popped up today; but I just got another one!
Screen shots of the error are attached.
Again, thanks for your help.

Mike

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/364619/windows-explorer-is-not-closing/
Relevancy 39.56%

Can someone help please We have a problem with keeps explorer Windows closing one user profile on this PC which belongs to a friend If hidden files are marked as being shown and he opens My Music and selects a music track either the explorer window closes completely or freezes If however we mark the hidden files option as Windows explorer keeps closing not to show the problem does not occur and the music file will play fine Other user profiles on this PC do not show the same characteristics I don t know if this is in the correct forum I suspect not but I have also attached Windows explorer keeps closing a HJT and Start log for someone to look at to see if we need to do anything there Thanx in advance Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Windows explorer keeps closing system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C Program Files Belkin Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C PROGRA Dantz RETROS retrorun exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C WINDOWS system carpserv exe C PROGRA Maxtor OneTouch Utils OneTouch exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Common Files PCSuite DataLayer DataLayer exe C Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite LaunchApplication exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C program files BigFix BigFix exe C program files Belkin Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C program files Logitech SetPoint KEM exe C program files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared wkcalrem exe C program files WinTV Ir exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint KHALMNPR EXE C PROGRA COMMON PCSuite Services SERVIC EXE C program files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C program files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Internet Download HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www stockbrokers co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www tesco net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page bak http www stockbrokers co uk R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title PlusNet Internet Explorer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO MSN Search Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Toolbar Suite TB en-gb msntb dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyviewer dll O - Toolbar MSN Search Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Toolbar Suite TB en-gb msntb dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run WINDVDPatch CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run Jet Detection quot C Program Files Creative SBAudigy PROGRAM ADGJDet exe quot O - HKLM Run CTStartup C Program Files Creative Splash Screen CTEaxSpl EXE run O - HKLM Run WorksFUD C Program Files Microsoft Works wkfud exe O - HKLM Run MoneyStartUp quot C Program Files Microsoft Money System Activation exe quot O - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD C Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe O - HKLM Run CARPService carpserv exe O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroC... Read more

A:Windows explorer keeps closing

Anyone any ideas on this please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-keeps-closing.453703/
Relevancy 39.56%

Has anyone else noticed this,

I am using a browser, and for example looking at the forum here. When I close the browser without logging out from the forum and then restart the browser I am still logged in.

This never happens with Vista, I always have to login again

Does seven not close the programs properly to speed up the re-opening??

Does this not infringe on some aspect off security? Not for me I am the only user

Could this be a bug?

This works for both IE and Firefox

Pooch

A:Windows 7 not closing programs

Hi Pooch,

When you logged in for the first time at the forum did you by any chance leave the remember me checkbox?

I am always logged in automatically at home, but on non secure locations I uncheck the option so as the site asks me to log in each time

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/939-windows-7-not-closing-programs.html