Windows Support Forum

HP Pavillion DV4 problems

Q: HP Pavillion DV4 problems

Anyone here have any HP notebook or let alone any notebook at all that when you go to put it to sleep if hangs for a while then goes to sleep but comes back out? any known fixes?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: HP Pavillion DV4 problems

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: HP Pavillion DV4 problems

I have an HP Notebook!

Are you running Vista on it? I have never had it come back out of sleep..but I did have it hang when going into sleep..

I now have Windows 7 on it and I really want to say that it was Vista that was making it hang when I would put it to sleep..Because when I put it to sleep under Windows 7 it does it in about 4 seconds, and when I resume it comes on in 4 seconds.. VERY FAST..

Have you always had this issue when first you got your PC?

The first thing I would try is to check Device Manger and check you network adapters..to make make sure they are not set to "wake the computer"To do that click on the Start button, and search for Device Manger
Look for you network adapters, Under the network adapters and right-click on the adapter.(If you have more than one adapter repeat steps 2 and 3)
Select Properties and find the tab Power Management and make sure that the check-box for "Allow device to wake Computer" is UNCHECKED
Hope this Helps..and Happy Holidays..

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/48175-hp-pavillion-dv4-problems.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi guys I problems Dv6 Laptop HP Pavillion have a DV pavillion that has been in mothballs for almost years because i thought the monitor or video card had stopped working blank HP Dv6 Pavillion Laptop problems screen Got it out the other day and decided to put it back together and turn it on as i figured perhaps the HP Dv6 Pavillion Laptop problems problem may not be the screen but something else such as a virus You can imagine my surprise when it booted up perfectly I was then very suspicious that perhaps it may have a virus Anyway it was late at night so I turned it off with the idea that the next day I would tackle that problem The next day things did HP Dv6 Pavillion Laptop problems not go to plan system refused to boot although I could at that time access bios but nothing more ie no boot from dvd drive I decided to remove the hdd and reformat it using a desktop pc and have completed that task then I removed battery cmos battery disconnected power too However I am now having problems at the BIOS level the system keeps saying the hdd self test needs to be completed even though the drive is working fine in desktop pc My feeling is that perhaps the virus has got into the bios or at least the bios may be corrupted Anyway I have inserted a dvd into the drive and am attempting to boot from it i changed the boot order to dvd I have tried to boot from Windows cd after what seems like ages a windows logo comes up on the screen then the systems hangs at this logo I am able to run the Primary Hard Disk Self Test Results displayed on screen after about minutes are as follows Primary Hard Disk Self Test Quick test Complete Hard Disk Quick Full Test Complete Hard disk Full SMART Check Hard Disk SMART Passed Press lt Esc gt to continue When I hit lt esc gt the following is displayed Hard Disk Test Failed Hard Disk Quick Hard Disk Full Memory test pass I'm not understanding why it is failing the hdd test when I can easily access the hdd when it is installed in my desktop pc Have I formatted the drive incorrectly in desktop pc desktop pc runs Windows x Do I have a virus in the bios UPDATE I am now seeing a windows automatic repair screen when booting from the hirans cd hirans cd doesn't have windows automatic repair on it and the hdd has no OS on it because I formatted the drive This has to be a corrupt bios Also I have tried creating a hirans bootable USB the computer wont boot from it I will try creating a windows bootable usb and see what happens kind regards Adam

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/624235/hp-dv6-pavillion-laptop-problems/
Relevancy 47.3%

My laptop is a hp pavillion dv For the past months when I close the lid the system will not come out of the sleep mode This with 2000 problems dv pavillion hp is happening problems with hp pavillion dv 2000 of problems with hp pavillion dv 2000 the time but there are occasions it does not Also it takes several times of starting up and shutting down to get it to boot which always results in an abnormal shut down screen appearing when the screen finally shows signs of life Other wierd things I have noticed include if I shut it down and plug it in to charge it will power on but not actually start up most of the time it has started with the lid closed thought that was a little freaky to hear windows start up with the lid closed and noone near it Shortly after the booting problems started my wireless network adapter stopped working At this point it will occasionally like once a week out of nowhere start working for no more than a day I realize more information and specs may be needed to receive accurate assistance like bios or temp readings I just have no clue how to get or where to find em nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-hp-pavillion-dv-2000.872620/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a HP Pavillion Laptop with Vista OS. Until recently no problems but one day the computer would not boot. Then I unplugged for a few minutes (5 minutes) and it rebooted fine. I ran the norton 360 ver 2.0 and found a virus which was quarintined. The computer continues to be intermitint. It attempts to access the hard drive, and the lights flash but it never shows on the display. Shut it off for 10-15 minutes and Vista boots. I can access the internet, any program I desire, but if it goes to sleep or turned off, its back to the same problem. "Any Ideas" Registry? F2 Boot program change? HELP. sprintercoach11

A:HP Pavillion Booting Problems

Physical problem, probably PSU. Is this problem caused while being plugged in to AC adapter, on battery power, or both?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hp-pavillion-booting-problems-328428.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have Windows Vista on an HP Pavillion a6228x PC. I have three pop up messages and Im not sure what to do about them. First one is HP My Display has stopped working. The second is a C:\Program1\my~1\bar\1bin\m3plugin\.dll, The specified module could not be found. The third is Solution Center will not load. Thanks for any help.

Relevancy 47.3%

I had to install a new hard drive on HP pavillion dv2500 notebook. The new hard drive is a WD Scorpio Blue-SATA-320GB. Put in new hard drive and went to install windows xp by cd-rom. It says windows does not recognize a hard drive. the boot options were checked and the cd-rom boot is first. Also when the computer boots up it says the NTLRD is missing press ctrl+alt+del to restart. Can anyone help?

A:HP Pavillion dv2500 problems

Hello & Welcome to Tech Guy Forum.

The NTLDR missing message can be a generic term, such as "boot disk not found". Depends upon the computer manufacturer's preferences.

What troubleshooting steps have you performed?
What happens if you put the old HDD back into the computer?

Have you run a HDD diag?
This one? Data Lifeguard?
http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=702&sid=30&lang=en
If your HDD came with a diag disk, run it. If not, download the Lifeguard diag for CD, create a bootable disk & run it.

Do you have a UBCD, www.ucb4win.com ?

Do you have an XP Operating System CD?

If provided by HP, did you create a system recovery CD or set of disks?

Do you know how to make a bootable CD from an. ".iso" file?

The more information you provide, the more likely will success be achieved.

RF123

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavillion-dv2500-problems.899030/
Relevancy 46.87%

Help! I've got a problem with my laptop keyboard. The touchpad works fine but every time I try using the keyboard, everything freezes. Even the volume control buttons on the side of the laptop won't work. Right now the keyboards are disabled, saying that they've been disabled since the drivers may be corrupt or missing. I've been using the on-screen keyboard, but it's so hard to type documents. I hope you can give me advice on how to resolve this. Thanks much!

BTW, my laptop's model is ze4908us (i mixed 8 & 0 on the title) ==sorry!

A:Keyboard problems (HP Pavillion ze4908us)

Hi rhaiven29, please first confirm that all your System Drivers are up to date
You can do this by going here and clicking on "Start Detection" button http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic100655.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-problems-hp-pavillion-ze4908us.124016/
Relevancy 46.87%

Touchscreen now not responsive... does not appear to have driver, device installed (so nothing to update/disable)Have restored (completely) to no avail.Have tried a number of things in this forum... still not working.My guess is a Windows 10 update wiped it out.Help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Pavillion-x360-Touchscreen-Problems/td-p/5618367
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a four-year-old HP Pavillion laptop. The whole desktop moves all over the screen when I move the cursor, up, down, left and right. Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-problems-on-hp-pavillion-laptop.978896/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have an HP Pavillion DV8000 Lap Top using Windows XP Pro Service pack 3. The sound car or driver is Conexant AMC Audio.
While playing some music last night from Pandora Internet Radio, the sound sounded like a streaming issue. Now all of my sounds including notifications ie: mail receipt, errors etc...

I went back to HP and downloaded/installed the driver for this machine but it didn't help.

Does anyone have an ideas?

Thanks,
Bobby

A:Sound problems with HP Pavillion DV8000 Lap Top

All of your sounds what? If I'm reading that right, you may be missing a word in there somewhere?

Are you receiving no sound at all? Are they muffled?

What do you mean by a streaming issue? Did it start skipping in the middle of songs, or would it stop for a bit and restart?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/370886/sound-problems-with-hp-pavillion-dv8000-lap-top/
Relevancy 46.87%

So I just installed windows recently on my sisters HP windows dv5000 hp problems 7 pavillion pavillion dv There are a number of problems First the keyboard is wack After I type a few words hp pavillion dv5000 windows 7 problems it'll jump to a middle of a sentence before or words before and start from there as I type like I'll write hey how are you and it goes between h and ow and starts the cursor all the way over there or it'll be gone and start no where and it'll go to the post button or something Another issue but not as big is the fact that there is a mute button if you are familiar with the HP pavillion DV and when you press it the light goes on if you turn on the mute This always happens It happened when I still use windows XP now that I changed it to windows however it no longer works If I press mute or even if I don't the button is not turned on Any one can help ESPECIALLY with the wacky keyboard situation I can't type anything without it going back midway and start to type out of the wrong section of it Thanks Sound Issue whenever I hibernate then restore windows the sound is gone I cannot get it back unless I restart my PC

A:hp pavillion dv5000 windows 7 problems

Check here for updates

Product search results

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/45053-hp-pavillion-dv5000-windows-7-problems.html
Relevancy 46.87%

this is my first post so im sorry if i forget something or mispell anything im in a hurry to go to work so if there is another post about this im sorry for the duplicate i looked but you know how that goes here is my problem my husband bought an hp pavillion us not my first choice but anyway he has had problems since day one oh and he is running vista hp wlan help pavillion problems on 9310us home premium the help line at hp as many of you know is like talking help wlan problems on hp pavillion 9310us to the wall i think they know as much as i do and thats not too much i only know from trial and error the wlan keeps dissappearing i googled it and found a million blogs about the same thing so we are not the only ones here is help wlan problems on hp pavillion 9310us what ive done so far --went to recovery mangr and renstalled drivers on the second page it searches for orig drivers etc and it worked the first time then i restarted it and it was gone again along with the wireless assistant ---then i renstalled the drivers from the hp website some people said to redo the bios or something and i wasnt sure how to do it and then they said it dosent work ---i downloaded like different drivers looked in in the c windows system or something and found the driver for the wlan and installed it and still when i reboot its gone i cant seem to find a solution and i read that its a glitch or bad wlan card but they want us to send the computer in for them to fix it but you know how that goes and i read bad stories about that too i think ive tried all that i know i saved the downloads in the docs so he can reinstall everytime he logs on but it dosent always work it worked for me only once and i was able to log on to net hes brought it to everyone he was told to and im at my wits end on this any help would save our marriage just kidding any websites or downloads would help cant remember what ones i have and not sure what wlan driver he needs forget how to check for that i hope i gave enough info and thanks in advance bbmcgee nbsp

A:help wlan problems on hp pavillion 9310us

The driver should be the latest one for the adapter from HP's web site. What adapter (brand and model) is it?

What do you mean the WLAN disappears? Do you mean the wireless adapter disappears from Device Manager? I don't understand all the reinstalls.

By the way, I have found HP's email support to be pretty good.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-wlan-problems-on-hp-pavillion-9310us.698077/
Relevancy 46.87%

Dear All,i was asked to open up a thread here to,and the IT guy will soon post all logs as intsructed.Thread link.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic452873.html

A:Virus problems on HP PAVILLION with Vista

Hello and Welcome to Bleeping Computer!!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. I have put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of usPlease do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster. NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of hartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer. NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Security CheckDownload Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:
Download DDS and save it to your desktop

Link1
Link2
Link3

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:
DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyinformation and logs:In your next post I need the following

.logs from DDSlet me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/453837/virus-problems-on-hp-pavillion-with-vista/
Relevancy 46.87%

this is my friend's laptop. he says this problem came out of nowhere (i.e., he didn't drop it, expose it to extreme heat or
cold, etc.). basically, numerous red pixels appear where the display should otherwise be black. for example, when booting
the computer, the black background behind the "windows xp" logo is almost completely red.

obviously, i can't upload a picture to illustate the problem, as it is only evident on the pavillion's monitor. i've tried
adjusting the color and gamma settings and re-installing the display drivers with no luck. i fear these may all be dead
pixels, but i'd like to know for sure before giving him the verdict.

his computer is running windows xp home.

A:hp pavillion n5495 monitor problems

It does indeed sound like either a fault in the panel, or given the sudden large number of "stuck" red pixels a fault in the driver electronics.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavillion-n5495-monitor-problems.426485/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi. I have a HP Pavillion G7 1083nr with a problem with it's hard drive. Before it was replaced I recived a error message ' No Bootable Device - Insert boot disc and press any key. After I replaced the hard drive as recommeded I recived this error message 'The System Recovery Media Does Not Support This Computer. You are not able to restore this computer with this Media'  How do I fix this ? , Can I fix this ? I purshred the recovery discs per its exact specs. HELP!! The OS was Windows 7 originally, upgraded to Windows 10.

A:G7 Pavillion 1083nr recovery problems

Hi, If the machine has been previously upgraded to 10, a hardware profile ( Digital Entitlement ) will have been recorded by the activation servers. As long as the previous installation of Windows 10 had activated Ok after the upgrade from Windows 7, you can just create your own installation media and perform a clean installation of Windows 10 as detailed in the guide on the following link.  Note: At the activation screen, select 'I don't have a Product key' - Windows will activate automatically once the installation has completed. http://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/ Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/G7-Pavillion-1083nr-recovery-problems/td-p/5782702
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi all, Can somebody please aid some help my way at all?
I am running Windows 8.1 which i purchased and downloaded over wifi so all legit.
Since installing it i have had problems when starting my laptop or when my laptop goes to sleep.
When i turn on my Pavillion dv6 the Blue window shows but no circular dots and after about 10 secs my screen goes black and stays that way. I have waited nearly 2 hours just incase it was updating in the past but it does this everytime. If i restart i.e force close the computer as that's all i can do as there isn't any response from said comp and reboot it does exactly the same but then starts after about 1 minute. In this time the mouse is switching on and off. Also crashes if the comp goes to sleep too.
Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance folks.

A:Windows 8.1 problems on startup on HP Pavillion dv6

Hello Bob,

So how did you do the installation? Did you attempt a clean install or just upgrade your existing OS to 8.1? If a clean install, did you keep the existing partition structure or did you wipe the hard drive clean? If you just upgraded, did you chaeck for the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website? Also, what was your previous OS? Win 7 or 8? The reason I mentioned 7 is because I assume you now have a legitimate key for 8.1; whereas, many of us, that did the upgrade, do not have that 8.1 key.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/34067-windows-8-1-problems-startup-hp-pavillion-dv6.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello,

I'm trying to fix a friends laptop its a 32bit Vista HP Pavillion DV9500 laptop, and the built in webcam doesnt seem to be working.

I've been searching the internet for ages and can't to seem much help, apart from the following:

Testing in QuickPlay, which I have and dont get an option to view webcam.
Update drivers, cant seem to find any drivers, although can't seem to find any hardware or software associated with the webcam on the laptop. (this might be the problem)
Set up in Windows Live Messenger
Set up in Yahoo
Set up in Skype
None of the above work. Has anyone else had similar problems with this laptop, or does anyone know where I can get some software I can use to get it working?

Many thanks
Mark

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi weeks ago I bought the new HP Pavillion dv ea notebook which problems Pavillion notebook dv957ea HP has been giving me a nightmare of a time with numerous bugs For example I have had HP Pavillion dv957ea notebook problems to reinstall vista three times My problems now are The HEADPHONE SOCKETS do not work Only the speakers work Even HP Pavillion dv957ea notebook problems when I put a working set of headphones which are the right size I cannot hear anything through the hearphones The speakers however keep working as normal although they should switch off when the headphones are plugged in I cannot load SKYPE it says skype exe is not a valid win application I cannot view ALL folders on windows explorer For example I cannot see win folder It seems sensitive folders cannot be viewed Is there a way round that I cannot print on a network printer The network printer is hosted by a PC running on windows XP but my laptop is on Vista When I try to add a printer it simply does not recognise the host computer s name Before with my old PC running on XP I did not have this issue Any way to fix this Many thanks for any help on the above Best wishes Florian PS By the way I highly recommend NOT buying this laptop Many problems have popped up for example one of the hard drives is already broken nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavillion-dv957ea-notebook-problems.619917/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have an HP Pavillion G72 which had a cracked screen and so I replaced the screen like I did with my other laptops. The original LED screen has a code of LP173WD1, it was replaced by a LTN173KT01-DO1. The retailer has shown that these replacements are compatible with each other and my friend had no problems with his. After I replaced mine, I experienced green lines, pink bars and somehow a double screen on my Pavillion. I've tried updating my drivers and BIOS as well. Could anyone direct me to further troubleshooting steps before I decide to return the new screen?

A:HP Pavillion G72 screen replaced problems

Howdy.

Doesn't look like a driver issue.......is it the same in Safe Mode?

Also try a external monitor just to be sure.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavillion-g72-screen-replaced-problems.1055699/
Relevancy 46.44%

I just bought an Hp Pavillion a6567c, it has a raid ic97 controller on the motherboard. It is a Asus IPIBL-LB. I just connected two Western Digital WD2502ABYS HARD DRIVES. I already reset or flashed the bios by moving the pins. I have also already removed the battery from the motherboard. When i turn on the pc, i get no screen. THe monitor goes into sleep mode. Is there anything i can do so that i may install the os and get on with creating a raid 1?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-creating-raid-1-on-pavillion-a6567c.780259/
Relevancy 46.44%

I just installed win xp pro 32bit on a pavillion a1000n desktop pc, and now the display isn't working correctly. The color resolution won't go higher than 4bit? and I can't adjust display more than 620 x 480. For some reason the video driver isn't working.

A:HP Pavillion a1000n Desktop PC video problems

Is it an internal graphics chip or a card?
I have a card labelled nothing but 'Elephant'. I plugged it in with XP and it had exactly the same visual issue as you seem to be having.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/156723-hp-pavillion-a1000n-desktop-pc-video-problems.html
Relevancy 46.44%

As of late my internet would be very very slow. At first it was just facebook.com, then after a while it was all of the websites that I visited. After a while, my internet browser (Chrome) would give me an error message saying that it was unable to connect to the website. I would just click reload a few times and then the site would load. Now, no website will load regardless, however, I can easily hold conversations via AIM. Thus, I know it is connecting to the internet. This problem happened once before, so I did a system restore and everything was working fine. Now, I tired doing a system restore and the problem in still there. I do not know what to do. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Relevancy 46.44%

Hello I have a HP Pavillion x i in laptop I am having problems HP problems access Pavillion wifi point with the wifi staying connected and when the laptop is connected to wifi the internet speeds are slow The speeds are slow as in I cannot stream videos on HP Pavillion wifi access point problems youtube without constant pausing and even downloading something as simple as google chrome takes much longer than it is supposed to In my house there are plenty of other devices that are connected including my old laptop which has no problems downloading streaming and iphones and an ipad All of the other devices except my new HP laptop has no problem streaming and downloading The laptop is extremely new less than a week old I have tried updating the network driver resetting the network driver and disconnecting then reconnecting the wifi yet the problem keeps occuring I do have MacAfee so I guess that could pose a problem but I am unsure The adapter I use is a Qualcomm Atheros QCA with internet provided by COMCAST It could be an adapter problem but because of the other devices working fine I do not think that the problem is from the adapter Also the OS is Windows Thank you for your time and help

A:HP Pavillion wifi access point problems

How does it perform connected by LAN (Cat5/6) cable?

And welcome to the forum!

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/54287-hp-pavillion-wifi-access-point-problems.html
Relevancy 46.44%

have a new HP pavillion dv 2000 notebook with vista that I am trying to print from on a dell printer AIO 922

i downloaded the driver from dell

try to print, and the error message i get is "incorrect port detected, job cancelled, this printer is designed to work with usb cables only. the current software setting is not set to usb port."

i get this message whether or not the printer is plugged into the notebook, and i have tried all 3 ports

i'm guessing it's a software issue but i don't know what else to try

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-connecting-a-dell-printer-to-hp-pavillion.610255/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I have an HP Pavillion dv cl dv series with Vista Home and I m having problems getting the battery to charge First off I HP problems battery/charging Pavillion DV6000 should probably say that there was a power outage due to rain and lightning last night when the laptop was in hibernate and the problem first started this morning when I booted it back up probably not a coincidence My HP warranty is expired so I can t turn to them I m currently running off AC power and if I were to unplug the cord even for a second the computer would lose power and shut down I tried once The battery is plugged in but there is literally no power absolutely The blue light around the AC adapter works fine and when the battery is plugged in the charging light on the front is lit up as if it is charging When I take out the battery the charging light goes out then turns on when I plug the battery back in Also when I plug the battery back in the battery sign in the taskbar indicates that it is charging but it stops after maybe seconds It will also periodically say in the taskbar that it is charged but it will go back to after a few seconds I m not sure why Things I ve tried Shut down computer remove HP Pavillion DV6000 battery/charging problems AC and battery for several minutes plug both back in boot up computer Didn t work Downloaded HP s quot Battery Check quot software It says that it is charged and under quot Health quot it says quot Replace quot Not good Looked in BIOS for anything related to HP Pavillion DV6000 battery/charging problems batteries Nothing there that I could find Under quot Device Manager quot I uninstalled quot HP Pavillion DV6000 battery/charging problems Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Battery quot then had it detect new devices and it was reinstalled Didn t help Dug out another battery I own I got the newer battery along with the motherboard while it was still under warranty even though it was purely a motherboard issue so the older battery should at least work The same thing happens with the other battery even after repeating steps - and this battery was not plugged in during the power outage The only difference is that the older battery has a lower storage capacity according to HP s Battery Check software which makes sense because it s a few years older My first theory was that the power outage wrecked the battery but since the other battery doesn t work either I don t think that s the case At this point I m assuming that there is some problem getting AC power to the battery but then why does the computer recognize the battery from detecting hardware changes and the lights respond to the presence of a battery I m stumped and turning to you guys as a last resort Please please help because there s no way that I m getting this old laptop fixed just to be able to use battery power I can live with just AC until I get a new laptop nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

G'day people,

Im in a spot of bother, ive just removed vista and installed xp, problem is i cant seem to get the right drivers and HP support were all but useless, only supporting machines with its pre-installed software ie.VISTA

the wireless assistant keep saying thats its disabled, but when i turn the switch on & off it does nothing at all.

HP pointed me to a bios upgrade but that just said to me that its not for my notebook pc, so no help there

I did find a similar thread but they had intel proc. in them this one is an AMD.

I cant even connect to the 'net with the cord from the modem let alone wireless ...

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Tim

A:HP Pavillion 9705ea vista to xp rollback problems

hello &welcome to TSF ,

did you check here

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...658303&lang=en

also here is another site that you can find drivers for your system

http://www.nodevice.com/

hope this helps

get back to me

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hp-pavillion-9705ea-vista-to-xp-rollback-problems-220679.html
Relevancy 46.44%

My HP Pavilion laptop is running Vista and it just seems to be having some major problems lately. I've gotten the blue screen a couple of times but it usually goes away. It's been running fairly slow sometimes but other times seems to be working normally. Some programs crash every once in a while. Basically it just always seems as though something is going wrong with it.Any help would be greatly appreciated!EDIT:Moved to Am I Infected from Vista~~ booopme

A:HP Pavillion Running Vista Experiencing Problems

Hello,And welcome to BleepingComputer.com, before we can assist you with your question of: Am I infected? You will need to perform the following tasks and post the logs of each if you can. If you have performed any of the scans below post the logs for those scans, and then perform the ones you have not done.Please download and run Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareNOTEMalwarebytes is now offering a free trial of their program, if you want to accept it you will need to enter some billing information, so that at the end of the trial you would be charged the cost of the product. Please decline this offer, if you are unable to provide billing information. If you want to try it out, then provide the billing information.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Full Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.SUPERAntiSpyware:Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.If asked to update the program definitions, clic... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/453987/hp-pavillion-running-vista-experiencing-problems/
Relevancy 33.11%

It is a MS Win but I wasn't sure which one Anyhow It is a new Pav t nbsp Taken out of the box on Aug nbsp Since then I spent one long night on phone with HP tech support due to freezing nbsp Tech blamed me for not up-dating it nbsp Tonight it froze again another long phone call amp now nbsp I'm sitting next to a brand new computer that I can't touch while it goes through hrs of diagnostics and writing to you from my old HP 17 Pavillion New HP Pav g nbsp never had a computer do this twice in it's first weeks of life before This is my rd HP amp I felt some kind of loyalty to the company nbsp Bought the best care pack amp it is no good nbsp Suggestions Already went through the turn it upside down amp remove battery drill Brand new computer should not be frozen My Internet connection is fine as you can see on my old HP Pav New HP Pavillion 17 g

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/New-HP-Pavillion-17/td-p/5763576
Relevancy 33.11%

At first time, the DVD player was working, and the second time when I tried to insert DVD to the player, the player made some sound like Krik Krik, and sipt out the DVD. Eveytime, different DVD used and the DVDs or Audio CDs are working with other Computer DVD players and CD players. My boss just bought it for classroom. But no DVD or CD player, it is not useful. What is the solution for this? My boss bought it one month ago. Maybe less.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-All-in-one-Pavillion-B-amp-o-DVD/td-p/5651418
Relevancy 33.11%

I seem to have a problem with my RAM i need to upgrade to a higher GB could someone please help and advise on what i need and the highest GB i can upgrade toas i have only had this computer for 7 months and the ram is full already.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-23-quot-PAVILLION-ALL-IN-ONE/td-p/5709690
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi, I have hp pavillion a6317c pc, I unpluged it for 8 months, now it wont boot, power led stays on, green light on the back stays on, fans on, no signal to the monitor, try to turn it off but power light stays on, had to unplug it to turn it off. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Hp pavillion

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

See if you can boot it without the battery.

If that doesn't work unplug the battery and power cable.

Then press and hold the power button for 45 seconds.

Replug in the power and battery to see if it will boot.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hp-pavillion-696014.html
Relevancy 33.11%

I had a virus and I deleted some files I restarted Pavillion Hp my computer Hp Pavillion and now it is going to Hp Pavillion the menu to choose from normal safemode etc it is telling me the the XMS cache had an error of some sort if i go to normal it brings me to a gray screen telling me that it Hp Pavillion has found new hardware so im trying to find the software for the hardware but it only looks in the a drive when i try to find it in the browse area it keeps telling me it isnt finding the software if i cancel the new hardware setup it brings up a box stating SUREGCREATEKEY COULD NOT BE FOUND I still have the files in the recycle bin but i cant get to it to put the files back i have a system recovery cd but it keeps telling me that i may lose the programs i have installed since i bought the computer i dont want to do that when i am at the first menu where i have to choose normal safemode etc it tells me that i need to run scanreg but i cant get to the dos screen to run it any ideas to get my computer going nbsp

A:Hp Pavillion

what happens when you boot into safemode

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavillion.272910/
Relevancy 33.11%

My daughter has a HP Pavillion Model a f bit that HP Need Help Pavillion with is running Vista Home Premium It has gigs of ram a gig hard drive and a dual core processor The computer ran fine until tonight When she turns it on the keyboard is recognized but a blue splash screen for HP comes up that asks to click Need Help with HP Pavillion on esc to go into bios F for setup etc It won't go Need Help with HP Pavillion any further There appears to be a yellow or amber light that lights up right behind the power swith which does light up I can hear the fan is running and the mouse shows that it has power too If I press esc a message comes up that it is entering setup but never does It just sits there I would sure appreciate it if somebody could give me an idea what I might try to do to help her get her computer going again Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions

A:Need Help with HP Pavillion

Solved the problem myself. Opened the tower and changed the port that the SATA drive cable connected to. At least after doing that and restarting the computer I was able to get into BIOS. Showed no hard drive as being recognized. Went to HP's site and found that Seatgate had a problem with some of the hard drives (500, 700, etc.) After calling a technician with HP it was decided that the hard drive had failed (no indication of it failing-it just stopped!!!)

HP is sending a new hard drive and a recovery disk (the recovery partition was on the hard drive that failed. No cost. There was still 50 days left on the warranty.

I guess we were LUCKY!

Thanks for looking at my computer problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/247972/need-help-with-hp-pavillion/
Relevancy 33.11%

It is a MS Win but I wasn't sure which one Anyhow It is a new Pav t nbsp Taken out of the box on Aug nbsp Since then I spent one long night on phone with HP tech support due to freezing nbsp Tech blamed me Pavillion 17 HP New for not up-dating it nbsp Tonight it froze again another long phone call amp now nbsp I'm sitting next to a brand new computer that I can't touch while it goes through hrs of diagnostics and writing to you New HP Pavillion 17 from my old HP Pav g nbsp never had a computer do this twice in it's first weeks of life before This is my rd HP amp I felt some kind of loyalty to the company nbsp Bought the best care pack amp it is no good nbsp Suggestions Already went through the turn it upside down amp remove battery drill Brand new computer should not be frozen My Internet connection is fine as you can see on my old HP Pav g

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/New-HP-Pavillion-17/td-p/5763595
Relevancy 33.11%

Whilst working the computer froze. I removed the battery to switch of. When switching on the next time I got a message "scanning and repairing hard drive". This progressed to 9% and then made no further progress. After 10 hours I finally removed the battery again as there was no other way to do this. What can i do to revert to correct operation'/

Solved!

View Solution.

A:HP Pavillion

Dear Customer, Try a Hard Reset as follows. Shut down the notebook, unplug the AC Adapter and then remove the battery.  Hold  down the Power button for a full minute.  Plug in the AC Adapter ( leave the battery out for the moment ) and see if the notebook will start. If it doesnt load,Please perform the Steps as shown below:-1. Please "Turn OFF" the Notebook2. "Power ON" the Notebook and keep tapping the Escape Key during the start up to enter the Start-up Menu3. Now here, Please select the BIOS option [F10] and under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab4. You should find the facility to run tests on both the Hard Disk Drive and Memory Note: Please perform these two tests and post back with the details of any error messages Please click the below shown link to find the steps for performing Hard Drive Testhttp://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&?lc=en&docname=c00439024 OR http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&?lc=en&docname=c01443317  Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Pavillion/td-p/5849735
Relevancy 33.11%

my computer as a Black screen and saysBoot Device not foundplease install an Operating system on your hard diskHard disk (3FO) Can anyone help me

A:HP Pavillion

Hi, Shutdown the notebook.  Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu.  Select the Diagnostic Menu option ( f2 ) and run the tests on the Hard Drive. Post back with the results, including any error codes that may be generated. Can you also post back with the version of the operating system currently installed on the notebook. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Pavillion/td-p/5596611
Relevancy 33.11%

HI there. I have recently cracked the touch screen on my pavillion 23. as you can see I am able to do some stuff on here but everything flashes and turns the pages by itself. ugh!:-(I thought i had turned off the touch screen but on reboot it starts up again!Can beautiful person please give me lamen termed instructions on how to remove the touchscreen capabilty or any othe constructive advice would be good.I cant afford to replace it. no idea what it will cost to fix. hard to research anything on here right now.Please help:-)Sorry about it being the wrong board and its I5 core. it wont let me select the right ones grrrrr 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavillion-23/td-p/5837221
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi. I bought this laptop used from someone online. I know it is old. It uses the FS1 socket, and has an A4 processor. So I can't expect too much. But it just locks up on me aall the time. As soon as I try to open anything, it just locks up. The day I got it, I was able to open Google Chrome and watch some Youtube videos. The next day, nothing. I think the HDD is screwed, and I would like to replace it with an SSD. My problem is, it will not detect my SSD. What can I do to get my SSD installed in this thing, so that hopefully I can use it for some basic things on the go?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/pavillion-g6/td-p/5752267
Relevancy 33.11%

Trying to help my daughter out, She has a laptop HP Pavillion DV6 that will only boot in the safemode. She called HP and of course she is 60 days out of warranty. Any suggestions? She's try to restore it to a point about a week ago but the same thing keeps happening, just boots in safemode.

Thanks for any and all suggestions,

Sonbon...

A:HP Pavillion DV6

Hi sonbon,

Does the computer give out an error when your daughter tries to boot the computer to windows normally? Go to the safe mode menu again and this time, choose "Boot the computer to last known good configurations". See if this helps out at all. I would also recommend performing an In-Place Upgrade(Windows Repair) on the computer. You will definitely need your Windows 7 CD in order to perform this process. When was the last the computer was able to work successfully?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hp-pavillion-dv6-565366.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Hey everyone. I've had the t500.uk for awhile and i find that it's great but i was wondering does anyone know if it's possible to get another cpu onto it??

Thanks for your help

A:hp pavillion t550.uk Cpu

I believe your system has a pentium III chip. am i correct? if so, look for the top of the line pentiium III chip online, and this should be fine for your system. also, please check whether your system takes the chip or the slot-type cpu. this is very imprtant to make sure it will fit and work. please respons if u need more help. thanks and welcome to techspot!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-t550-uk-cpu.65303/
Relevancy 32.68%

Have a bad PS in my brothers computer and want a good replacement.I did add a new dvd burner and installed a new hard drive.Used his old one as a slave drive so he could recover files off of it.Found this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817338005 wondered if it would work or someone knew of a better replacement for The HP Pavillion XT 933.When he brought it to me it wouldnt power on so i stripped it down to bare minimum and for some reason it started working again.Did a clean install of windows and it ran great for a few days then wouldnt power on again.Fan in ps sounded bad though.Did short pins on MB to make sure it wasnt switch so I think a new PS is in order.

A:HP Pavillion XT 933 PS replacement

I am not sure if HP older units had proprietary psu's but I have changed out some early P4's and they can take anything. HP has online support where you can chat with them so I suggest going there first. Oh, and that psu is junk. If it isn't Enermax, Antec, Thermaltake or Sparkle, I would not be buying it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavillion-xt-933-ps-replacement.522053/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello nbsp Really like the look of the new Pavillion Wave nbsp However it seems like it was released without any customization options nbsp In the marketing material it says it should be available with Gb of RAM but when I try to Customize it there is no such option nbsp Also talked to the Chat Customer service rep and they seem not HP Wave Pavillion to be educated on this product and have no idea of when the new product will be available nor when the larger memory option will be available nbsp So why do I bother I think it looks really nice and having a B amp O sound system really attracts me to the unit but if I am not allowed to tinker with it for fear of warranty breach I want the bigger version and so nbsp nbsp Anyone bought this with Gb or know when the bigger one is coming out nbsp With thanks in advance for their help Johan nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavillion-Wave/td-p/5824684
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi all,
New poster here, my laptop is becoming painfully slow over time and I am wondering if it is time to wipe the hard drive and start from scratch. I have done all the performance tests, virus scans etc to no avail. I have recovery disk available. Good idea?
Cheers all.

A:HP Pavillion dv7 very slow to do anything

Hello and welcome bluegirl now have you had a go at clearing the clutter if not try this https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download now when you have Analysed > go to Options > Cookies > save the ones you need for pass worded sites see pic/s

You can also clear the drive of rubbish too - Disk Cleanup - Open and Use

Then try using some of this stuff only you might lose some of the "bling" like transparency - can always get it back but it will make the machine run better
Optimize Windows 7 < just take your time to do this one and if not sure then post back in that thread

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/378637-hp-pavillion-dv7-very-slow-do-anything.html
Relevancy 32.68%

my lap top freezes when i turn it on. the only thing i get is a black screen with hp invent in the middle. i put a disc in with windows xp home edition on it to try to swipe the computer but when i turn it on i cant even get to boot from disc. any ideas?

A:HP Pavillion ze4400

That unit is old enough to have begun some problems with the hard drive... or heat from dust, dirt, fiber...

Clean out thoroughly with canned air and denatured alcohol.

Can you put the drive in an external USB enclosure to see if you can access the data on another computer? If so, look for the SMART test results.

HP has used in that model Hitachi, Samsung, Western Digital, and Seagate... so it would be helpful to know more about the hard drive installed.

Luckily hard drives are very low cost nowadays... so I would look for another at Frys, NewEgg, Directron, CDW, Zipzoomfly, or other supplier and see if you can install windows to it... If you need help, let us know.

But there have been a lot of system board failure reports... due to excess heat.

What is the age of that laptop and components.?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-ze4400.156583/
Relevancy 32.68%

good morning. I purchased the HP Pavilion 10 - X2 N002 . question: can I use microSD type sdxc ? and what is the maximum usable capacity ? the call center hp gave me conflicting information and wrong : up to 32 gb but I 've already tried 64 gb successfully.can someone help me?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:HP Pavillion X2 microsd

According to the HP Pavilion x2 Detachable / HP x2 210 G1 Tablet - Maintenance and Service Guide, your computer supports the following; Ports;Audio: headphone/microphone combo jackMicroSD Card ReaderOne USB 2.0 port, one USB 2.0 type C port support charging and dataMicro HDMI v1.4a port supporting up to 2048x1024, 1920x1080 @ 60Hz External expansion;Integrated microSD Card Reader expandable to 2 TBSupports SD 3.0 This computer supports SD, SDHC, and SDXC type microSD cards. SDXC is the highest capacity type of SD cards. The MSG states "microSD Card Reader expandable to 2 TB". This means the computer should easily accept 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, 256GB and larger cards. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavillion-X2-microsd/td-p/5428606
Relevancy 32.68%

How do I get my computer to unlock on administration I'm the only one I changed my password and I forgot to write it down I locked myself out help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Pavillion-dv73160us/td-p/5660635
Relevancy 32.68%

My laptop to is charging as the light is on when the chord is plugged in. However it won't turn on. I tried reliving static and checking the charger but no sound, lights or anything please help me.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/My-Hp-pavillion-15-won-t-turn-on-please-help/td-p/5645697
Relevancy 32.68%

I have a HP Pavillion that when I turn it on, all I get is a white screen on the monitor. I tried to boot with the original recovery discs and while the cd drive spins, the light just goes to yellow and nothing happens. I tried to boot up in safe mode with the same results.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavillion-wont-boot-up.481480/
Relevancy 32.68%

I have a new (3 months old) HP Pavillion notebook and starting this AM the cd rom drive just pops open on its own, has happend about 4 times since. Any ideas on what might be causing this??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Carol

A:HP pavillion CD rom issue

I did a reboot and still having problems any ideas

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavillion-cd-rom-issue.671772/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello Everyone,

I have a HP Pavilion N5425 Notebook. The HP logo shows up and then the screen goes blank with this message:

ADMtek Boot Agent V1.17_1401_03
PXE-E61 - Media Test Failure. Check Cable

PXE - MOF: Exiting ADMtek PXE ROM

Its been doing this for a couple of weeks, but when I was restarting the computer it was working fine. Now, I can't even get past this screen with this message, and it keeps coming up over and over, filling up the screen. Also, right before the message appears, the notebook makes a pop type of sound. Does anyone know what is going on with this notebook?

I appreciate all the help.

Thank you

Relevancy 32.68%

Good afternoon: I have recently reloaded a my HP Pavillion dv7-6c64nr laptop with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit loaded.  Where are the correct drivers located for it and is there a certain order I should load them? Or should I reload with a 32-bit version? Product # A6X13UA#ABA

A:pavillion dv7-6c64nr

Hi: Below is the link to the W7 support page for your PC. http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-dv7-6c00-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-serie... There are some drivers you should install in a certain order. 1. The intel chipset installation utility.  Install and restart the PC. This package contains the Intel Chipset Installation Utility and Driver for supported notebook models and operating systems. This utility enables the operating system to show the correct name for the installed Intel hardware in the Microsoft Windows Device Manager. File name: sp55095.exe 2. The Intel graphics driver.  Install and restart the PC.  This package provides the Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver for supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. File name: sp55098.exe 3. Audio driver.  Install and restart the PC. This package contains the driver that enables the IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. File name: sp59542.exe 4. Ethernet driver. This package provides the Realtek Local Area Network (LAN) Driver that enables the Realtek Network Interface Card (NIC) Chip in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. File name: sp55105.exe 5. Wireless driver. This package contains the Intel Wireless Drivers and Intel PROSet for the Intel Wireless LAN Adapters (see Devices Supported) in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. Intel PROSet includes Intel "My WiFi" functionality. File name: sp57090.exe Then you can install the rest of the drivers in any order you want.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/pavillion-dv7-6c64nr/td-p/5596392
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello,
I am writing in regards to my HP Pavilion dv4000 which runs Windows XP (I'm not sure if there is more info needed). Anyway, I am writing because recently my computer started freezing some while I was typing, then freezing completely after 10 minutes or so. After another day or two, it would freeze in the middle of starting up (even in safe mode). I've tried doing a system restore but it freezes in the middle of this as well. Now it will make noises like it is starting up and the lights on the keyboard comes up, but the screen is black. I am not sure what is wrong. I read a post on here about the DVD drive causing a similar problem, but I don't know if that is the same thing or not. If anyone knows what may be causing this or what steps I can take to find out I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hp-pavillion-wont-start-up-182525.html
Relevancy 32.68%

I have an HP Pavillion zd7000 laptop that runs on Windows XP. When I turn it on it starts to boot and then gets hung up saying "windows is starting up" but it doesn't! I've tried booting it in safe mode and looking around for the answer. Right now I'm defraging it, hoping that helps. I don't have a restore CD or a Windows XP CD, unfortunately! Any thoughts?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hp-pavillion-wont-boot-194756.html
Relevancy 32.68%

i have an hp pavillion dv 6 entertainment notebook ? can i enhance it with new 3 d card?? it has a built it mobile chip set !

A:HP Pavillion notebook

General speaking, you cannot upgrade the video card or GPU in a laptop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-notebook.153825/
Relevancy 32.68%

The sound on my brother's Pavillion p6627cb suddenly stopped. It is a pretty old desktop. He has no internet where he lives now. Could I buy a driver somewhere on a CD and install it?  Is that a way to go?Other than checking the audio level which is at max, are there other tweeks we can try? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/no-sound-pavillion/td-p/5608633
Relevancy 32.68%

I have a pavillion 23 all in one with a realtek GBE family controller, after a restart the wireless is missing, no network shown in traybar.When i do a repair network it comes back and tells that a network cable is missing What to do, i tried restore to an earlier point and that didnt work.  

Solved!
View Solution.

A:No wireless on pavillion 23

Finally i called HP Service who fixed the issue with a remote session.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/No-wireless-on-pavillion-23/td-p/5605101
Relevancy 32.68%

hello,          i bought this hp pavillion g6-2206TX laptop around 7 months back.now it was freezing a lot ,seem there was a problem with the hard disk,since it was still in warranty i got the hard disk replaced by HP but it was completely blank without OS and i had not made any recovery disk.So the thing is i want the recovery disk.It was with win 8

A:hp pavillion g6-2206TX

Please call HP technical support and explain the problem. You might need to order a Recovery kit. If you are lucky enough, you may get the recovery kit free.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/hp-pavillion-g6-2206TX/td-p/2771337
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello, my neighbour has a HP Pavillion g6 running Windows 8 and lately these days the computer has been crashing/rebooting and there appears some message with links to dump files. I have saved the .dmp file to a flash drive and attached it here.

I'm sorry but I cannot use the SF Diagnostic Tool because the computer is not with me at the moment and won't be with me for atleast 2 days, she's gonna be back with it somewhere at Thursday and I promised I'll ask for a solution on the net till then.

So if someone knowledgable from here can review the file and figure out what could be causing the problems that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

A:Crashing on a HP Pavillion g6

The lone memory dump blames NDProxy.SYS - a windows driver associated with networking. As such, it's possible that any network/Internet aware program can be causing this. Due to the info from the memory dumps, there is a possibility of a hardware problem, and a possibility that it may be with a USB device (but these are just guesses based on the data in the raw stack text - which may not even be signficant).

Please run Driver Verifier to attempt to force a BSOD with the offending driver's name. Please use this procedure: Driver Verifier Settings Let it BSOD 2 or 3 times, then generate the reports from the SF Diagnostic Tool and upload it with your next post.

Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable! :

hpdskflt.sys Fri May 13 14:47:26 2011 (4DCD7CBE)
HP Mobile Data Protection System Disk Filter
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=hpdskflt.sys

Accelerometer.sys Fri May 13 14:47:26 2011 (4DCD7CBE)
HP Mobile Data Protection System Accelerometer
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Accelerometer.sys

Rt630x86.sys Wed Oct 19 08:13:13 2011 (4E9EBED9)
Realtek 8101E/8168/8169 NDIS 6.30 32-bit Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Rt630x86.sys

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

Code:
**************************Tue Mar 26 07:53:35.370 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\SysnativeBSODApps\032613-10328-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (2 procs) Free x86 compatible
Built by: 9200.16384.x86fre.win8_rtm.120725-1247
System Uptime:1 days 19:02:06.236
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for NDProxy.SYS
Probably caused by :NDProxy.SYS ( NDProxy+972f )
BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, 81eca672, 88617ab4, 0}
BugCheck Info: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000008e)
Arguments:
Arg1: c0000005, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: 81eca672, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: 88617ab4, Trap Frame
Arg4: 00000000
BUGCHECK_STR: AV
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: AV_NDProxy+972f
CPUID: "Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU B960 @ 2.20GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2200
CurrentSpeed: 2195
BIOS Version F.12
BIOS Release Date 08/30/2012
Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
Product Name HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``

3rd Party Drivers:
The following is for information purposes only.
Any drivers in red should be updated or removed from your system. And should have been discussed in the body of my post.

Code:
**************************Tue Mar 26 07:53:35.370 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
hpdskflt.sys Fri May 13 14:47:26 2011 (4DCD7CBE)
Accelerometer.sys Fri May 13 14:47:26 2011 (4DCD7CBE)
Rt630x86.sys Wed Oct 19 08:13:13 2011 (4E9EBED9)
netr28.sys Wed Apr 11 04:26:27 2012 (4F854033)
HECI.sys Mon Jul 2 18:14:54 2012 (4FF21D5E)
intelppm.sys Wed Jul 25 22:34:02 2012 (5010AC9A)
dump_storahci.sys Wed Jul 25 22:38:58 2012 (5010ADC2)
SynTP.sys Fri Aug 24 19:18:33 2012 (50380BC9)
igdkmd32.sys Wed Sep 26 15:44:50 2012 (50635B32)

http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=hpdskflt.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Accelerometer.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Rt630x86.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=netr28.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=HECI.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=intelppm.sys
... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/22784-crashing-hp-pavillion-g6.html
Relevancy 32.68%

I have somehow managed to destroy my recovery partition.. and desperately need to recover my laptop!!
I was wondering if anyone (who was sensible enough to create restore discs) for the same model would be able to upload the restore disc for me to use!
I know they are avaliable for purchase but times are hard at the minute..
Thanks Guys

A:HP Pavillion DV3500ea

Reproducing the operating sysetm is against the copyright law.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hp-pavillion-dv3500ea-396517.html
Relevancy 32.68%

FIrst, how do I find the type of touch pad system I have?  

A:HP pavillion 360 windows 10

Yesterday I removed the action center window as I don't like it.  After that no light tapping on pad.  Full double click needed to do anything.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-pavillion-360-windows-10/td-p/5601388
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi So yesterday I was using boot x2 not will Pavillion Hp my laptop and all was fine until it randomly switched off and then refused to switch back on After about half an hour it eventually switched back on yet brought up the system recovery menu I pressed enter and it collated data which it then sent to Microsoft and came back on as usual After Hp Pavillion x2 will not boot around minutes black lines started flashing on and off the screen until eventually my computer just randomly turned off and I have been unable to turn it back on since When I put the power cable in the orange charging light comes on yet I cannot power the laptop up as when I hold in the power button the charging light briefly flashes off yet the laptop does not come on Without the charging cable there is no light and no matter how long I hold the power button in for no light comes on I know the laptop is not dead as I had left it to charge for hours and then re-tried this to see if it worked although nothing happened Can somebody please help RSWReece

A:Hp Pavillion x2 will not boot

Hi @Rswreece,Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community! I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion x2 Notebook and it having startup issues.  Try performing a hard reset. Please note the section of Hard Reset for non-removable batteries.When performing a hard reset please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices.Here is a link to computer won't start for Windows.Plug the power adapter directly into a different wall outlet. Do not plug it into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source as this could cause and issue.Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as Accept as Solution, this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for. Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Hp-Pavillion-x2-will-not-boot/td-p/5599966
Relevancy 32.68%

Is there any way I can do a wake on lan with this computer I didnt see any settings in the bios to turn it on for the onboard ethernet controller. Can I use a Third party Ethernet card that supports WoL???

Hope you guys can help.

A:HP Pavillion a342n WoL

Well if that is not on the BIOS then your card may not have WOL functionality.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavillion-a342n-wol.520181/
Relevancy 32.68%

When i disconnect the power cable and try to go on the internet the laptop freezes (when i initially take out the power cable the screen fades) any ideas what is wrong

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavillion-ze-4600.786640/
Relevancy 32.68%

My older laptop has decided that it will only start up with Quickplay. I have to push the quickplay button to get started, the power button has no response. I then click on the windows, the system goes into hibernation and then restarts normally. I have disabled hibernation, but is does not work. I am afraid to disable quickplay, I might not be able to start, any suggestion? I have re installed the entire system with the d: drive partition. After all the updates get loaded, it still only opens with quickplay.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavillion-600-with-win-xp-and-quickplay.927646/
Relevancy 32.68%

I have an HP9680C bought it three years ago, Today i noticed the keyboard volume control dosen't work, after doing some poking around on google I found a discussion about HP using spyware
MMKEYBD.EXE being the culprit
I may have deleted
MMKEYBD.EXE anyone familiar with this?

here's the link where I read about this
http://www.gank.com/spyware/HP/index.htm

Relevancy 32.68%

Charging HP Pavillion x2 will not power on. Have charged for 3 hours and pressing the power button...nothing.

A:Hp Pavillion x2 will not turn on!

Hello @Tffnys, Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I understand that you are having an issue with the notebook starting, and wanted to assist you! To start, can you provide me with the Product Number of the notebook? Here is a link you can use that will help you find your Model and Product Number:How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? In the meantime, try reviewing the following document, and let me know how it goes: HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10) Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Hp-Pavillion-x2-will-not-turn-on/td-p/5586979
Relevancy 32.68%

I'm having issues with my HP constantly rebooting BIOS (it's looping continuously). Please help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-PAVILLION-17-e049wn/td-p/5798328
Relevancy 32.68%

The other night while browsing my HP Pavillion DV4 laptop shut down suddenly. Now, it will power up, but the screen will not come on. There are lights by the Cap Lock button and the Scroll button that are flashing.

A:HP Pavillion DV4 screen will not come on

The relevant HP support document is here: http://h10010.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...9169/loc:4&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3745836

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavillion-dv4-screen-will-not-come-on.1067603/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi, I am using my HP pav laptop for more than 3 years. I do not have the exact model number in my mind. I will post it after wards. The problem is my laptop was overheating then suddenly it switched off. I closed my laptop and waited for it to cool down.After 3-4 hours I tried to start the laptop again, it switched on and then it went blank. Since, then it did not switch on.Below given is the total info: - 1. The red blinking light on the keyboard works blinks once when I press the power button.2. The LED light beside the charger is working fine.3. I tried doing a hard reset but it did not work. Can you please help me as to what should be done now?

A:HP Pavillion G6 won't start.

[email protected]_val, Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have read your thread on your HP Pavilion g6 Notebook and overheating and shutting down. Here is a link to overheating, as this might be the cause of the shutting down. If the Notebook has dust on the fans it could be overheating.  If that does not help at the end of this document it shows you to do a Hardware Test.  The final thing you should try is to restore the BIOS to factory defaults. F10 at the starting of the Notebook. Hope this helps. Please get back to me how this goes. If you wish to say Thanks for my efforts to help, click the Thumbs up to give me a Kudos.  Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Pavillion-G6-won-t-start/td-p/5589524
Relevancy 32.68%

How do I get my computer to unlock on administration I'm the only one I changed my password and I forgot to write it down I locked myself out help

A:Pavillion dv73160us

Amanda. When asked for the password just hit enter 3 times. Post any code. REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Pavillion-dv73160us/td-p/5660635
Relevancy 32.68%

has black screen cannot loadup
tried to reinstall windows asks if repair or new install try new install, message appears
Setup did not find and hard disk devices installed on your computer

its there but where
regards Motherearth

A:Hp Pavillion DV1000

I would boot into BIOS. See if the Hard Drive is recognized there.

I can walk you through the booting into BIOS procedure if you need me to.

Good Luck

Sean

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-dv1000.75883/
Relevancy 32.68%

This morning I opened my laptop and it was nearly nonresponsive. I held the power button for a few seconds to shut it down. Then, when I tried to start it back up, it stayed on the hp loading screen for a bit, went to prepairing automatic repair, and soon afte black screened. does the ame thing ove and over. already tried hard reset. Am currently running the longer diagnostic thing. not sure how im going to post it. guess ill have to sit here and type it out. If you have any idea of whats going on, please let me know. Thank you very much.

A:Hp Pavillion G6-2211nr

Hard Drive Short DST Check: Failed

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavillion-g6-2211nr.1166904/
Relevancy 32.68%

This is an HP Pavillion running XP Home G AMD w M Ram I realize it s kind of low on RAM HP Very Pavillion Slow but it takes several minutes to completely boot up it s slow performing operations occasionally locks up etc I ve done complete removal AdAware Spybot CWS ccleaner TrendMicro Housecall All local scans ran in Safe Mode Disabled startup items in msconfig Analyzed performance with Sysinternals Process Explorer Nothing out of the ordinary seems to show up Ran Windows System file Checker and Eusing Registry Cleaner HJT log follows Doesn t seem to be a lot there either Thanks in advance for any assistance Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Very Slow HP Pavillion Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer exe C Program Files NavNT rtvscan exe C Program Files Very Slow HP Pavillion NavNT vptray exe C WINDOWS system ps exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Browser MOUSE mouse a exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X CTPDPSRV EXE C Program Files Compaq Very Slow HP Pavillion A CPQA exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system MsgSys EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM mspaint exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C HJT HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - HKLM Run vptray C Program Files NavNT vptray exe O - HKLM Run PS C WINDOWS system ps exe O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run FLMOFFICE DMOUSE C Program Files Browser MOUSE mouse a exe O - HKLM Run CTPDPSRV C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X CTPDPSRV EXE O - Startup procexp exe O - Global Startup Compaq A Settings Utility lnk C Program Files Compaq A CPQA exe O - Global Startup Forget Me Not lnk C Program Files Broderbund AG CreataCard AGRemind exe O - Extra button PartyPoker com - B FE D - AA - F - C B- A F E - C Program Files PartyGaming PartyPoker RunApp exe O - Extra Tools menuitem PartyPoker com - B FE D - AA - F - C B- A F E - C Program Files PartyGaming PartyPoker RunApp exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - DPF Yahoo Euchre - http download games yahoo com games clients y et x cab O - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid O - DPF B -A CF- C - F- CFC A Trend Micro ActiveX Scan Agent - http housecall trendmicro com housecall applet html native x win activex hcImpl cab O - DPF BC F - A - D -BEB - AA B AE Symantec AntiVirus scanner - http security symantec com sscv SharedContent vc bin AvSniff cab O - DPF E F- D - A - DD -E EEEC Symantec RuFSI Utility Class - http security symantec com sscv SharedContent common bin cabsa cab O - DPF C DFA -A - D -AA - C F DAEB MSN Photo Upload Tool - http sc groups msn com controls PhotoUC MsnPUpld cab O - Winlogon Notify NavLogon - C WINDOWS system Na... Read more

Relevancy 32.68%

hi my cpu fan is dead. i need to know the exact product numebr of the fan. model is DV6 3105tx. appriciate your help.

A:CPU fan - HP Pavillion DV6 3105tx

Hi, http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=XR645PA  Part Number :604787-001Part Description :  SPS-THERMAL MODULE DIS 45W

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/CPU-fan-HP-Pavillion-DV6-3105tx/td-p/5745292
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello fellow HP customers,For the past few weeks I've started experiencing an issue with my laptop. When I turn it off it seems like it works just fine. But once the blackscreen kicks in it won't actually turn itself off. The on/off button keeps on aswell and I could still hear the fan blowing.(It actually seems like it's sleeping).I've tried changing my on/off button's settings, so that once you click the button it'll shut itself down. But this did not solve the problem.Neither did turning off the 'quick-startup' option.(Option that creates a backup when shutting down your computer, so it'll start up faster when turning it on).Can anyone help me solve this problem? Because now I have to hold the on/off button for about 5 seconds to shut it down manually. This move can't be good.Sincerely,Jorden

A:My HP Pavillion won't shut itself down.

Hi, Try the following. Open Settings and select System.  Select Power and sleep, then click on Additional power settings - in the following window, click on 'Choose what the power button does' in the left hand pane. In the subsequent window, first click on 'Change settings that are currently unavailable' ( near the top of the Window ) and then remove the checkmark from the box against 'Turn on fast start-up (recommended)'.  Click the Save Settings button, then close any open windows and restart the notebook. When windows has reloaded, download the IMEI driver directly from Intel on the following link, unzip the package and run the installer. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26127/Intel-Management-Engine-Consumer-Driver-for-Intel-NU... When the installation has completed, restart the notebook. When the machine has reloaded, re-enable Fast Start-up and reboot the notebook once again - let Windows fully load for a few minutes before checking. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/My-HP-Pavillion-won-t-shut-itself-down/td-p/5745412
Relevancy 32.68%

I have a new (3 months old) HP Pavillion notebook and starting this AM the cd rom drive just pops open on its own, has happend about 4 times since. Any ideas on what might be causing this??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Carol

A:HP pavillion CD rom issue

Any ideas?? I would really appreciate it, it is getting quite annoying.

Thanks

Carol

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavillion-cd-rom-issue.672196/
Relevancy 32.68%

i just bought an HP Pavillion all in one pc 27 but my pc games starts to have slow motiion problems every time i try to play evil within?i cannot play it properly i just unboxed it 4 days ago?why is it?Intel Core i7-6700T with Intel HD Graphics 530 (2.8 GHz, up to 3.6 GHz, 8 MB cache, 4 cores)27" Full HD 1920x1080 Touch Screen DisplayAMD Radeon R7 360 4GB Graphics16GB DDR3L RAM2TB 7200rpm Hard Disk4x USB 2.02x USB 3.01 headphone/microphone combo3-in-1 memory card readerDVD Super Multi DriveB&O PLAY Audio802.11b/g/n (1x1) and Bluetooth 4.0 comboWindows 10 Home 64why?!..............................please help me to solve this technical problem.thanks!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/i-just-bought-an-HP-Pavillion-all-in-one-pc-27-but-my-pc/td-p/5610725
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello,
Hope this is the right spot to post this! I have an HP pavillion notebook. The harddrive crashes due to a power surge in Italy. I had the recovery cds, but then found out my cd dvd player was inoperable as well. The computer place could not fix it. SO I brought it back to america. Now I cannot find my recovery cds!!! I wanted to put in the new hard drive and replace the cd dvd player, and recover my system. Now what can I do? Hp says they no longer have these recovery cds. Is my computer useless. I just bought it 2 yrs ago but it was refurbished. I spent quite a bit of money on it..about 1400 or so and do not want to have to throw it away and buy a new one.
Thanks for your help!!!!!!
pamela

Relevancy 32.68%

Hi, I have HP Pavillion DV 9000 laptop with intel centrio duo, its not working, i was informed that the graphic card and processor is gone and chip for this model in not available in the market, since its a old model.  Can anybody guide me what is the alternative or can i get this chip somewhere?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Pavillion-DV-9000/td-p/5713500
Relevancy 32.68%

hican you tell me if these modelhttp://support.hp.com/lv-en/document/c04941645has the top  convertible as the x360 it seems to be build n the same way please let me know thanks 

A:hp pavillion 17g149ds

Hi, It is not convertible, the screen does not fold to 360 degrees, check: http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c04929166.pdf

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/hp-pavillion-17g149ds/td-p/5748970
Relevancy 32.68%

I was downloading Tf2 on steam, the download was slow so I restarted it, and it said I had error code 0000xc185, please help soon!!!!! Thanks!!!!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/My-HP-Pavillion-i7-isn-t-working-please-help/td-p/5615227
Relevancy 32.68%

finally something to contribute a few years ago i bought one of those after thanks giving walmart laptop specials don t get me wrong its been a good one only paid mobile sempron gig hdd upgraded immediately to gb ram only burns cd s and plays dvds but ill soon fix that along with hdd found i may be able to upgrade CPU a Hp pavillion ze2000 little too maybe someone can confirm that anyway apparently some of these overheat and they recommend Hp pavillion ze2000 a new bios flash sp some how they think that the CPU fan running slows Hp pavillion ze2000 the computer down and somehow makes it overheat i did the flash because they recommended it and told me that it would make it work better after the flash the CPU fan hardly ever came on did it twice to make sure i did it right tech support told me to clean it I m very meticulous about my computers did it anyway as suggested and took a vacuumed cleaner to it which was kinda fun but wondered if i was going to zap it with static electricity from the vacuum it would get so hot that the palm rest would be more than just warm but kinda hot the touch pad would become very erratic but it never shut down on me i got a cool pad just so i could use my computer good investment though i do like it finally installed cpucool so i cold see what temp it was getting up to C with cool pad man searched around and found older bios sp ran the flash eureka it works now still a little warmer than i would like but fan on at approximately - C off at around C under regular load with cool pad much lower temp mid to high s they tried to get me to buy a new fan also works fine I ve only had one laptop but it seems that they run just a little warmer than equal desktop probably air circulation limitations sometimes i think they just go down a list of things that s why i was so happy to find this site experience but if anyone else has one of these its actually a ze wm if you look on the tag they did have one thing that did some good for me sp core speed adjustment download raises clock speed from multiplier x to like almost mhz multiplier x cpuid it fluctuates from one to the other I m thinking it lowers the clock speed to force cooling right anyway hope this helps someone out that is wrestling with tech support i wonder if i can put a fan in it with its own temp sensor can you do that with a laptop hmmmm thanks nbsp

A:Hp pavillion ze2000

Find your computer and bios here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic100655.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-ze2000.114696/
Relevancy 32.68%

tech brother says motherboard bad, replaced 1tb hd because he sad bad now he says mother board I took it back, so any input as what to try would be GREATLY APPRECIATED !!! some please help me ,I'm dying here. hp model # e9120y, motherboard pt# 503098-001

A:hp pavillion elite

What problem are you having?

Post as much information as possible.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hp-pavillion-elite-597984.html
Relevancy 32.68%

I am trying to get this hp pavillion desktop to boot from the A drive so I can format the HD. How do you get to the bios to change the boot sequence? It will not boot up in the A drive first.

Thanks,
Adam

A:hp pavillion 6737

adamster said:

I am trying to get this hp pavillion desktop to boot from the A drive so I can format the HD. How do you get to the bios to change the boot sequence? It will not boot up in the A drive first.

Thanks,
AdamClick to expand...

Try F1 key or the Delete key

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavillion-6737.356700/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello there everyone, I'm interested in buying a new screen for my HP computer, when I came along a post concerning a new 2K Pavillion that apperently is upcoming (see this link: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/hp-pavilion-32-inch-qhd-display,news-52907.html ). Does anybody know when to expect it to be released in the Netherlands? Or how quickly products are released after the are released in the US? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/When-can-I-expect-the-New-2K-Pavillion/td-p/5610228
Relevancy 32.68%

Hey not sure if this is the right forum section.But wanted to know if there are any reviews on the HP Pavilion AU007tx .. can't find anything online.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavillion-AU007tx/td-p/5737359
Relevancy 32.68%

Okay so generally I have gotten back OS s tons by disks and generally I use another computer to read the bad harddrive as a slave get my stuff saved put harddrive back wipe it s partition out then use back for Pavillion OS Help getting HP the format disk embedded on a Win XP disc to get it back and reload drivers programs info files But HP is different than the Help getting OS back for HP Pavillion Sony s Dell s and Fujitsus I usually Help getting OS back for HP Pavillion use They give no cd for the OS with their system and I m trying to get back a computer for Help getting OS back for HP Pavillion a friend Here s so far When slaving his harddrive it appears intact but I can t open two users and they are completely blank folders He tells me his daughter was saving a project but I can t find it so I d like to use a boot disk to log in safe made to have my friend see his files and have him or his daughter find them themselves before anything else I just see the Win XP even in safe or debugging mode go to start but get caught up forever in a loop on what usually is the user login screen So it s like it gets to the user login screen but offers no option to login I m not having luck with the boot disk it s extracted correctly to a floppy but it s won t run Win I m a total newb with the boot disk thing and honestly have never done it It was extracted correctly and is on the floppy When I went into BIOS and selected to run the floppy first it self extracted and appeared to be copying files When I reboot it lists options with CD support without cd support help file I select or and it just stays in DOS Prompt after installing the fake D drive on an A cursor When restarting I can t get I m new so is there a common step I m missing Do you just run a directory of in the background with a prompt and work with the ole directory system Any help is much appreciated nbsp

A:Help getting OS back for HP Pavillion

I do nto know answers to a lot of the issues listed - however,
HP's often have a recovery section on the harddrive - hitting F10 as you boot should bring up the recovery menu.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-getting-os-back-for-hp-pavillion.463200/
Relevancy 32.68%

We get stuff dropped off all the time.Some good but mostly junk that seems to expensive for the customers budget to repair.
Well we took in a monitor today that starts up okay but then after
a few minutes it clicks off.I plug unplugged it from the ac adaptor and it comes back on for a few minutes and does the same thing.
Its an almost new flat panel.
I know its a break in circuitry somewhere.I thought it might be within the adapter at first but no the adapters is fine.
Anyone have any experience repairing these?They are
a fairly new product
and cost pretty much.If I can fix it I want to use it for my daughter at home.
Its one of the few things given for free worth not just putting in the parts pile.
Thanks ddc

A:HP Pavillion f1703

But - how do you know that it is a "break in the circuitry", for to actually know that there is info you have not told us?

I would have first assumed a fault in the electronics that is triggering the protective shutdown in the power section, which resets when it is repowered. So you would be fault finding for a component that is prone to an internal breakdown.

Not a trivial task, but one that I would certainly look at for the same reasons as you would. Probably not an economic repair from a commercial aspect though.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavillion-f1703.334758/
Relevancy 32.68%

I brought my aunts computer home to clean it up Remove malware spyware Disable addons etc It was fully operational but for some reason the computer would HP a6000 Pavillion not turn on at home I tried diagnosing the trouble for quite some time but i resorted to just switching out the power supply i had several lying around I've stupidly unplugged everything without taking a picture first and now can't find a diagram to show me where to plug everything back I've managed to provide power to the motherboard but I'm having an issue when i turn on the switch to the power supply the motherboard receives power and the computer turns on Now to turn it off i can only do so by turning that same switch off Get it i don't know if I'm quite making any sense I know that along from the main connector to the board itself i need to connect another plug to it Can you guys just begin to ask questions lol Edit The model number for the model number is ht

Relevancy 32.68%

At first the track pad and keyboard stopped working.  THEN one of the USB ports quit working, and now it will only charge if you hold and wiggle the cord.   I did buy a replacement Top cover with keyboard, and that did not solve the problem.  What are my options, besides having to buy a new laptop?  Can I buy a whole new/refurbished base?  This works as a tablet, but I don't need just a tablet.  I keep getting different answers from different people at HP, and it is frustrating to say the least.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavillion-x2-13-r010dx/td-p/5723114