Windows Support Forum

UPS works in backup mode but not in online mode

Q: UPS works in backup mode but not in online mode

I have a champion ups it has suddenly stopped working. The ups turns on but I am unable to turn on my pc but when I turn the outlet switch off I am able turn on the PC in backup mode. I was able to boot and shut down the PC. The ups works in backup mode but somehow refuses to supply power when in online mode. Please help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ups-works-in-backup-mode-but-not-in-online-mode.197973/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: UPS works in backup mode but not in online mode

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 24.08%

I recently bought a Windows DVD to put it on the new PC I'm building for my mom. That PC has troubles with the DVD drive itself (stupid motherboard doesn't have IDE..), so I figured I'd set up a bootable USB to install Windows before the adapter arrives. Problem is, the installation DVD isn't playing on my drive (I tried another DVD with a movie on it before, so I don't think its my drive). I brought it to a PC shop and for them it worked fine, even though its quite scratched on the back (I guess the person selling those DVDs doesn't know how to ship them properly) I didn't wanna pay 20 bucks for them copying the DVD, even though I'll probably end up having to do that.

Any ideas what the problem is, or what I can do? I'm not sure if the DVD will work in my moms drive either..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-works-with-other-drives-but-not-mine-while-other-dvds-work.216661/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey guys,

I have a Sony Vaio VPCEH15EN laptop & the OS is Windows 7 home basic. I have a wifi router which is of TPLINK.

The wifi won't connect to my laptop but it works fine on my mobile..it would only start working when I use the ethernet cable. I never had this problem before. I have tried everything ..I also tried the winsockfix.bat but all my efforts have gone in vain..I just don't know if the wifi router is faulty or the modem of my ISP...Please help me solve this problem.

Best Regards,
Om

A:Wifi on my laptop won't work but works when I use the ethernet cable

I have solved the problem by myself. To do this, first you have to disconnect your Ethernet cable from your laptop and follow the steps: Start>Control Panel>Network and Sharing Center>Manage Wireless Networks and remove all wireless connections by right click on it and select Remove network from the drop down menu. After doing this, close the windows and scan for the Wi-Fi networks. Click on the available network and select connect. After a while, you will be asked to give a password for your Wi-Fi connection. Type the password and click on connect button. And now will be connected to your Wi-Fi network via wireless.

May be it will help you.
Regards
MD. MAHMUDUL HASAN

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-on-my-laptop-wont-work-but-works-when-i-use-the-ethernet-cable.200754/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi! I don't know much about this place but there's a problem with my laptop and I don't know how to solve it. My laptop won't connect to the wifi anymore but it works perfectly fine with the ethernet cable. I appreciate it very much if you tech geniuses could help me out. THANK YOU!

A:My WiFi on my laptop won't work but works with Ethernet cable

Are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-wifi-on-my-laptop-wont-work-but-works-with-ethernet-cable.206652/
Relevancy 42.14%

My monitor going to sleep mode if I connect to my nvidia VGA card card.
LG monitor saying "SLEEP MODE ACTIVATED" Red light is blinking
BUT
I connect to my on board VGA it's working properly....
Please Help

Advance thanks .....

A:VGA card on Sleep Mode

The "sleep mode activated" message is normal on the monitor if it is receiving no signal from the PC (VGA card). You need to connect it to on board VGA and tell your system which card to use (or which order) in the BIOS. I cannot tell you how to get into BIOS since I do not know your PC brand/model.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vga-card-on-sleep-mode.215807/
Relevancy 24.51%

AMD's upcoming Radeon 300 series graphics cards may end up being rebadged 200 series cards with minor tweaks but it's not all bad news for gamers. WCCFtech has it on good authority (they're confident enough to drop the "rumor" tag...

Read more

A:AMD Radeon 300 series graphics card pricing leaks online

Rebrands or no, that extra memory will put some pressure on NVIDIA's lower end cards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-radeon-300-series-graphics-card-pricing-leaks-online.213820/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have no clue if I'm posting this in the correct place but here it goes my Sell insperion laptop worked just fine as of a couple of days ago. We ended up connecting it to the Ethernet cord and it works. We've tried restarting it numerous times and it doesn't recognize any networks. Any suggestions?

A:Wi-Fi stopped working now only works wired

Have you checked under your Device Manager to see if the WiFi was disabled for some reason? Does your Dell have a physical WiFi button, and is it turned on? You could also go to the Dell website and download the WiFi device drivers for your specific laptop. Un-install the WiFi drivers, reboot and then re-install them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wi-fi-stopped-working-now-only-works-wired.212471/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi I have my new PC for a months everything worked perfect till one morning I turned it on and the monitor SAMSUNG tried to detect the graphic card ASUS R without any success and turned to sleep mode The monitor works without problems with another PC or Laptop I connected the VGA card to my tv LG and it works without problems after when I connected it back to my monitor it works but not stable in the screen resolution properties it doesn t recognize turn to and sleep detect Monitor mode Card Graphics can't the monitor it s going in safe mode for any entering to game installing some program or restarting of the computer I tried to put my Graphics Card can't detect Monitor and turn to sleep mode GTX into that slot there are slots for graphic cards and I tried both of them instead of R and everything works without problems So I decided to connect my GTX that works perfect to x slot and the R to Graphics Card can't detect Monitor and turn to sleep mode x slot connecting the monitor to GTX it detect also the R without any problems but when I disconnect the monitor from the GTX and connect to R the monitor going to safe mode again I tried all these connections with many different cables all the cables are in working condition If somebody can help me I will be grateful Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-cant-detect-monitor-and-turn-to-sleep-mode.212064/
Relevancy 24.51%

Dell 1764 New Laptop
Need more details please ask...

Looking for advice, thanks

A:Laptop only works on AC when battery is removed

Sounds like the battery is possibly faulty. Have you tried removing it, then locking it back into position?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-only-works-on-ac-when-battery-is-removed.153344/
Relevancy 23.65%

My PC with windows 7 is the only computer with issues in the house. Ethernet works perfectly but wifi doesn't even when I don't have the ethernet hooked up. The wifi says it is connected but browsers, steam, and Itunes don't work. I have Bitdefender A/V and already tried uninstalling it, no change. I also uninstalled steam and Itunes with still no change. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for the wireless adapter. I tried looking and I don't recall downloading or installing anything around the time the problem started. Before I try replacing the adapter itself, I was hoping for help here since I saw a very similar problem in another thread.

A:Internet connects but doesnt work on wifi, ethernet works fine

Bump
If there is any more info I can give to help you help me, please let me know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connects-but-doesnt-work-on-wifi-ethernet-works-fine.199827/
Relevancy 24.94%

Over multiple devices on the network wifi works including this laptop I m running on However any time I try to use ethernet including on this laptop there is no internet connection The error when troubleshooting is Wi-Fi Works, Ethernet Doesn't Dns server not responding While on ethernet connection Wi-Fi Works, Ethernet Doesn't I can access the networked printer but cannot access the default gateway so connection is going from room to the modem and through I have tried restarting the wifi lan modem which then connects to another router down stairs which I haven t restarted my dad won t let me I have tried flushing dns uninstalling and re installing the adapter starting in safe mode with networking This is my ipconfig all while on wifi Windows IP Configuration Host Name Rob-Laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List BigPond Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address B - - - - - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix BigPond Description Mediatek MT E bgn Wi-Fi Adapter Physical Address B - - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c d f d a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday December PM Lease Expires Friday December PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- - D-A - -A - - -C - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix BigPond Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address -A - - -C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d d e fbb a Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe e fbb a Preferred Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- - D-A - -A - - -C - NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap BigPond Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix BigPond Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes And here it is on Ethernet Windows IP Configuration Host Name Rob-Laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List BigPond Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address B - - - - - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix BigPond Description Mediatek MT E bgn Wi-Fi Adapter Physical Address B - - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix BigPond Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address -A - - -C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b c dc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday December PM Lease Expires Friday December PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- - D-A - -A - - -C - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BigPond Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix BigPond Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Any help you could give would be mu... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wi-fi-works-ethernet-doesnt.207715/
Relevancy 21.5%

Please help.. Can't connect to the wifi but using ethernet is working fine.. My phone could connect to the same wifi though
tried to backread some of the threads but didn't work on my laptop

A:Cannot "fully" connect to wifi but works fine on ethernet

Additional info. I am using Atheros AR5006EXS Wireless Network Adapter
and I did deleted the driver and it installed again automatically, but sadly it still doesn't work

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-fully-connect-to-wifi-but-works-fine-on-ethernet.206650/
Relevancy 41.28%

I am working on a Toshiba L750 laptop with Windows 7, it was booting to the desktop for a few seconds and then turning off, if I boot into safe mode it works fine. Thinking it was software related I am in the process of reloading the software using the recovery partition software but it seems to be now doing the same now it loading the various programs on top of windows.
Any suggestions gladly received.

A:Toshiba laptop turning off but OK when in safe mode.

I would suspect the graphic card driver, or that the screen resolution is set too high.
Safe mode boots the pc with the minimum, but working MS drivers.
You could try safe mode, then device manager, and uninstall the graphic card driver. Then do a normal boot .
Windows should fall back to a reliable MS driver running in SVGA mode, or just above that. It should be stable.
I would also run 'sfc /scannow', to try to correct any simple Windows O/S problems.
Best source for the drivers would be Toshiba's site.
( Of course it could also be overheating but not if it's fine in safe mode.)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-laptop-turning-off-but-ok-when-in-safe-mode.206427/
Relevancy 21.5%

I'm a new Plusnet customer and I cannot connect to the internet using wifi I just get a page saying the broadband is down. So I tried using an ethernet cable and after manually setting this up I can use the internet. I accidentally disconnected the cable yesterday but the internet didn't fault, it's now working wirelessly. I can connect to the wifi using my mobile and iPad but I cannot connect to the internet. A new router has been sent and the problem still persists, a bt engineer has also visited but cannot find a solution.

Can anybody please help me?

A:I can't connect to wifi but connect with an Ethernet cable works, even when it isn't plugged in

It gets confusing as to which device is being used so as a guideline
disable one or the other (wifi vs wired) and don't allow both to be active at the same time. Technically, which ever device gets an IP address from your router will become the gateway to your ISP - - ignoring the connectivity of the second device to access your router.

With a laptop, we just toggle the keyboard to enable/disable wifi and the wired is easy - - just pull the cable out.

create a desktop shortcut to \windows\system32\devmgmt.msc
to control the devices (needs admin access)
expand [+] network adapters and you'll see the list
mine are

Dell Wireless 1502 ....
Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
Just right-click->disable and you can always right-click->enable

The png posted shows both are enabled and the wired has the gateway.
If the cable is disconnected, this is quite impossible.

SO, first control which device is to be used and then make the connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-connect-to-wifi-but-connect-with-an-ethernet-cable-works-even-when-it-isnt-plugged-in.204891/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have a Rosewill RC-215 PCI SATA card with an Asus SATA DVD/CD Rom drive hooked up to one of the SATA ports. When I boot up, the motherboard (Asus P4PE) bios doesn't recognize my DVD drive(Asus DRW-24B1ST) so I can't boot up from a repair CD/DVD disk. But once I'm in Win2000, the DVD drive (Asus DRW-24B1ST) is recognized and usable. And it shows up in My Computer, and Device Manager.

I need some advice so I can figure out how to be able to boot up from a DVD/CD when I need to.

A:DVD/CD ROM not recognized by bios, but works after Win2000 starts

You may have to spend a few bucks and get a PATA/IDE DVD drive. You have drivers for the SATA card loaded after 2000 boots, so that is why it works.

Have a look through your BIOS and see if there is any option that supports your SATA card. I remember this back on the A7V boards with the Promise ATA 100 controller vs the 33/66 that was 'included' with the motherboard.

I assume you have looked for that option in the BIOS. If you have, and it doesn't exist, I think you will have to pick up a non SATA drive.

Also, I think its pretty cool that someone is still running 2k.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-cd-rom-not-recognized-by-bios-but-works-after-win2000-starts.204023/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello I have just removed much malware and viruses from a computer with windows vista. It is still running slow from time to time, having problems with freezing on the internet and I thought maybe by defragging it would fix the issue. Yes I have reset firefox many times, scanned many times fully for viruses and malware, removed and reinstalled flash player, etc. I need to first backup the C drive only because the D drive is full of crap. I cannot afford to do anything other than DVD-R to store it on. I am trying to find out how to do this. Is anyone familiar with such a process?

A:How do I backup C drive from Vista to DVD-R?

First, run CLEANMGR for each login on the PC and that includes Administrator.
This reduces the amount of data captured to at least active & meaningful.

Second, IMO backup \Users and forget all else

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-backup-c-drive-from-vista-to-dvd-r.202672/
Relevancy 22.79%

Good day to all,

This may or may not be possible, but let me try and explain. I was wondering if it were possible for a mirrored copy of a file to exist. Meaning every time I modified the file or file (s), its corresponding mirrored copy would change too.

I've been saving a lot of things to my Google Drive recently. I was wondering if it were possible for these files to have a mirrored copy saved to another location on my Hard Drive as well.

New files are being added to the Google Drive on a daily basis, so I doubt there would be a way to set this mirror to new files automatically. And this of course, is assuming that this is possible at all. Let me know if you would like me to elaborate or if this can or can't be done at your convenience.

Thanks,

Speck

A:Automatic mirror or copy of files for backup purposes

If you require

update foo.txt => mirror:foo.txt
for each and every alteration of foo.txt in real time, then basically you're asking for a RAID-1x implementation.

If you can tolerate a nightly sync of *modified files*, then you might look at

allway sync.
You map a local directory onto a remote directory and run the sync one-way to the remote.

Now on a schedule (or manual invocation) only the mods in the local migrate onto the remote.

Frankly, this is my backup strategy for my laptop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/automatic-mirror-or-copy-of-files-for-backup-purposes.202960/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi all

I have got a new desktop PC, which works fine with Ethernet but I am not able to connect through wireless.When I tried to connect to the broadband, it says error connecting to the Broadband connection
Error 651: The modem (or other connecting device) has reported error. However, same comnnection works very well with my vista home premium Dell Laptop.

Thanks in advance
Pxray

A:HP Pavillion PC with windows 8 works ethernet works well but not able to connect through wireless

How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-pc-with-windows-8-works-ethernet-works-well-but-not-able-to-connect-through-wireless.202705/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi all,
I am writing because from few weeks I can not solve this problem of connection:
if the computer is in safe mode there aren't problems, while in normal mode, the following programs don't connect / update:
Internet Explorer 11, Dropbox, Malwarebytes, Mozilla Thunderbird, Flash player update, Java update, StartUp Delayer.

While Firefox, Chrome, Emsisoft Anti-Malware (Antivirus), Online Armor (firewall), and other programs work and update normally.

I've tried and tried various "solutions" found in the Web and in the Forums, but without any result.

I noticed that Dropbox and StartUp Delayer "tell" me that's is probably a Proxy problem.
I honestly have never used a proxy, and tried in every way possible to disable any proxy, but nothing changed, same issue.

I tried uninstalling antivirus and firewall, but the issue still remain, the same as resetting the connection settings and even Windows Firewall (which is usually disabled).

This problem is present both with ethernet connection and wireless.
I use a HP dv6000 notebook with Windows Professional 64bit.

I thank you if you can help me, because I really don't know how to fix this problem =/

Thank you,
Elia

A:Windows 7 - only connect to internet in Safe Mode with some softwares

I MIRACULOUSLY solved this situation!

Among the many details I forgot to say that for the connection I use a router, and after several attempts to copy the settings from a computer connected to the same network, I tried to enter the DNS entry of the parameter TCP/IPv4 (in connection properties) 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.7 ..and all began to work perfectly.

I can not explain, howeve, why the other computer works even without these two values.

But I'm happy that this (strange) situation is solved, and hope this can help someone else

Have a nice day,
Elia

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-only-connect-to-internet-in-safe-mode-with-some-softwares.202509/
Relevancy 40.85%

The computer has 2 750gb hard drives in it but I noticed it was awful slow for a dual quad core computer with win 7 64 bit and 16gb of ram so I checked in the bios and I don't really see a way to turn it completely off unless the hard drives are reformatted in some way. If someone is familiar with this problem please help. I have disconnected one drive and re-installed windows on the other for now.

A:How do I turn off raid mode on a Dell Precision T5400

You can't just take drives that have a RAID array on them and expect them to work when you turn RAID off. You'll need to re-format.

Anyway, the Dell BIOS has an option for HDD mode, it's in there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-turn-off-raid-mode-on-a-dell-precision-t5400.202235/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi, I think I have the same problem with this person right here, and I'm saying ''I think'' because my english are not so good..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microphone-mirroring-my-speakers.181670/

A:Microphone works as speaker?

Someone help meeeeeeee?!!!?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microphone-works-as-speaker.201636/
Relevancy 24.51%

I hope this is the right section to ask this question in. I'm a big newbie.
I'm having an issue that I have no clue how to solve. There is a specific webpage that I try to view at home with my laptop, and it never loads on Chrome and Firefox, but does on Explorer. But when I take the same laptop to work or school, it does load that website on all browsers. I also have a desktop that stays home, and has the same problem. Its so strange. I don't know if it's a network thing, or an facebook app thing.

I've tried re-installing Chrome, deleting all cookies and caches, disabling all extensions or plugins, and updating Flash and Java. Any ideas?

Mod Note: Facebook game link removed, you are too new to be trusted fully. Problem m ay be solvable without the exact game anyway.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/website-works-at-work-not-home.201025/
Relevancy 58.05%

When I installed my Samsung SSD series gb I configure it in IDE mode not knowing it should have been in ACHI mode instead my question is can I reconfigure it into ACHI mode and how do I do it without losing any files I ve also done it to and OCZ and a Plextor SSD and would like to reconfigure them as well Any and all info will be greatly appreciated The Samsung computer is an ASUS-M A TD-V Evo- CPU-AMD Phenom II X processor GBs of ram Nvidia Geforce GT ACHI from SSD mode? mode to my IDE Converting video card Multi Drive blue ray writer x TB HHD Converting my SSD from IDE mode to ACHI mode? Corsair W PSU Win Ultimate My OCZ sys is ASUS F A -V Pro AMD A K APU Corsair GB Mhz ram OCZ GB SSD GB HHD TB HHD Nividia Geforce GT video card LG blue ray player LG Multi-Drive Corsair W PSU Win Home P my Plextor is housed in an AsRock- FM A X Extreme w AMD A K APU GBs G Skill Mhz of ram Plextor GB M Pro SSD x TB HHDs - TB External drive Rosewill Hive W PSU Win Home P I need these drive configured right so that I can get the best performance from them when I do some upgrades on these systems nbsp

A:Converting my SSD from IDE mode to ACHI mode?

A quick Google search brought this up - http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/f...82-Change-from-IDE-to-AHCI-after-Installation. This should only take you 5 minutes to complete on each PC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/converting-my-ssd-from-ide-mode-to-achi-mode.200481/
Relevancy 25.37%

I have a laptop running Windows 7 32-bit and can RDP into my work computer with no issues. I just built a new desktop with Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. With my new desktop I can not get into my work PC. We have a SonicWall VPN connection. I can log into the VPN and can ping my work PC with my desktop. I was able to connect once but only rendered half my screen then disconnected. Every time I try to connect it times out. My work PC is running Windows XP Pro 32-bit. All Windows firewalls are turned off.

I built the desktop so I could stop using the laptop to remote into work. I'm still stuck having to use the laptop. Please help!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/rdp-works-from-one-pc-but-not-another.200134/
Relevancy 24.94%

I've been working on computers for quite some time, but this has me completely perplexed. Just purchased a new case (NZXT Guardian), new EVGA 650TI vid card, 4 gigs of Corsair PC 6400 (Dual Channel), have two hard drives (500 gig Seagate w/Vista loaded/350 gig WD Caviar w/XP loaded), new 750 watt Corsair gaming psu, new Asus M2N32 SLI Deluxe board (wireless edition) and two new DVD-R/DVD-RW drives (HP drives) and AMD Athlon 6000 cpu. When I hit the start button, everything fires up for about 5-6 secs, and the system shuts off. I've tested the psu and it's fine. The memory works in another computer, and so do the h/d's and optical drives. I keep thinking there's something wrong with the board or chip. I've torn this build down and rebuilt so many times in the past three days my heads spinning. Thought I'd get some fresh perspective on this thing.

A:Works for 5-6 secs. then shuts off

Disconnect all drives, graphic card, and all but one memory module to see, if the system has the same symptoms. If the system seems to have the same symptoms, you can rule out those components as being a possible culprit.

The 750W PSU is a bit much for a 650Ti. I take it you were giving head-room for possible future SLI with larger graphics cards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/works-for-5-6-secs-then-shuts-off.199802/
Relevancy 24.51%

Advise please online store with comfortable (logical works and gives tips) and beautiful (imageable already assembled system unit) assistant (step by step wizzard) on the compilation of components for the PC. Interested logic operation, the system prompts and visualization method. Thanks in advance.

A:Advise please online store with comfortable and beautiful wizzard to assemble components

I don't know of a PC part picker wizard, unless you count Dell/Apple custom builds.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advise-please-online-store-with-comfortable-and-beautiful-wizzard-to-assemble-components.199639/
Relevancy 24.94%

So, Youtube and other sites work, but with certain embedded video players, clicking the fullscreen button does nothing. The video just remains windowed. This has been a problem for awhile now, and I have been unable to find a solution anywhere, as nobody seems to share my issue. I run Firefox, and have an HP Pavilion laptop. I will upload a screenshot of one of the players that does not work.
Also, I tried disabling hardware acceleration and had no luck.

RE
It is not the website lacking the required code for fullscreen, because this happens on any website running one of these players, and they used to work fine for me.

A:Fullscreen button not working with online videos

Other than the video being stretched on my 16:10 display, I had no issues w/ the playback on IE10 & FF26. Have you tried updating Flash plugin, if not the latest, to see if that fixes your problem? Do you have the same problem w/ IE?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fullscreen-button-not-working-with-online-videos.199491/
Relevancy 24.51%

My phone( T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy SII ) always losing connection maybe because I am living at the edge of the signal coverage. Battery get eaten very fast because of weak signal strength. It is still manage to last over one day with my mpj extended battery though, I have to reboot frequently just to get connected. How can I boost the signal enough for it to work consistently? Please help and thank you millions in advanced.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/signal-not-enough-for-my-phone-works-consistently.199123/
Relevancy 41.28%

So over the last few days my Samsung laptop has been putting itself into standby mode without any Samsung warning standby into going mode without Laptop warning And I for the life of me cannot figure out why All options to turn off the computer have been set to Samsung Laptop going into standby mode without warning never while it s plugged in so it s not that I suspected it was the laptop overheating for awhile but I ve got SpeedFan running and with the latest shut down the core temperatures were only around degrees Celsius I ve seen it run up to degrees when I really pushed it to investigate how hot it got and that didn t prompt any response at all except Samsung Laptop going into standby mode without warning for the fan speeding up and the laptop cooled down pretty fast when I let up on what I was doing Is there any other reason the laptop would shut down like this I m not the most computer smart in the world when it comes to the internal workings so any help would be appreciated Potentially relevant things Samsung laptop NP V C Radeon graphics card Intel core i Windows OS nbsp

A:Samsung Laptop going into standby mode without warning

Do you have all standby options shut off, like when closing the lid?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-laptop-going-into-standby-mode-without-warning.198956/
Relevancy 47.73%

I use google drive as my primary online backup, can anyone suggest a second good online backup service which is both
SECURE and FREE?

that way if google loses my data it's still on a second server and my harddrive.
thanks

A:Any recommendations for secure online backup service?

None are secure and free. You can pay, but then your 'security' is still not 100% guarantee'd.

But, be assured, Dropbox/Google/Microsoft aren't going to lose your data ...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-recommendations-for-secure-online-backup-service.198239/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi guys,

I have an ADSL TP-Link modem model TD-8817 version 6. I want to configure it in bridge mode. The only thing I know about that is my VPI is 0 and the VCI is 35. Does anyone know how to do that step-by-step please?

Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/configuring-adsl-modem-in-bridge-mode.198048/
Relevancy 24.51%

I ve been struggling for a week now trying to get my wireless internet working on my quot repaired quot Acer computer But till this date I still haven t made any progress At all I feel my sanity slipping recieved no after Wireless HDD new longer having works away from me My computer is able to find all the previous connections I m familiar with but Wireless no longer works after having recieved new HDD I m just not able to connect I Wireless no longer works after having recieved new HDD even dare to say the connections are pretty strong so I doubt it it s the antenna s But really I wouldn t know I ve tried pretty much every quot solution quot I could find on the internet while still waiting for the Acer customer service to respond and for someone to say anything useful at the Acer forums but it s all taking a very long time I recon a specific problem needs a specific solution which is why nothing worked so I m hoping I ll find a clever and patient person out here who would like to help me with this mess Computer It concerns an Acer Aspire X running Windows Repair replaced HDD Details Approximately weeks ago I had to send my computer away to the Acer repair team because of a defective HDD On oktober th I was in possession of my computer again with the HDD replaced and since day one I haven t been able to connect through WiFi I have two laptops sitting here and they manage to connect just fine so I am sure to say I find this very confusing and upsetting Before my computer was taken away everything worked just fine Nothing changed about the router connection key during that time so I m having trouble determining the cause of the issue Today I was bored enough to see if ethernet worked and it does but it s in no way handy for me to use this option I need WiFi Please help me For people who need it a short while ago I made a screenshot of the IP configurations ipconfig all through the command prompt http i tinypic com inv ph jpg nbsp

A:Wireless no longer works after having recieved new HDD

I've been struggling for a week now trying to get my wireless internet working on my "repaired" Acer computer. But till this date, I still haven't made any progress. At all. I feel my sanity slipping away from me.

My computer is able to find all the previous connections I'm familiar with, but I'm just not able to connect. I even dare to say the connections are pretty strong, so I doubt it it's the antenna(s).
But really, I wouldn't know.

I've tried pretty much every "solution" I could find on the internet, while still waiting for the Acer customer service to respond and for someone to say anything useful at the Acer forums, but it's all taking a very long time.
I recon a specific problem needs a specific solution, which is why nothing worked, so I'm hoping I'll find a clever and patient person out here who would like to help me with this mess.

Computer
It concerns an Acer Aspire X3475, running Windows 8.

Repair (replaced HDD) Details
Approximately 2 weeks ago I had to send my computer away to the Acer repair team because of a defective HDD. On oktober 15th I was in possession of my computer again, with the HDD replaced; and since day one I haven't been able to connect through WiFi.
I have two laptops sitting here, and they manage to connect just fine, so I am sure to say I find this very confusing and upsetting.
Before my computer was taken away, everything worked just fine. Nothing changed about the router/connection/key during that time, so I'm having trouble determining the cause of the issue.

Today I was bored enough to see if ethernet worked, and it does, but it's in no way handy for me to use this option. I need WiFi. Please, help me.

For people who need it, a short while ago I made a screenshot of the IP configurations (ipconfig/all) through the command prompt: http://i43.tinypic.com/inv3ph.jpg

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-no-longer-works-after-having-recieved-new-hdd.197287/
Relevancy 24.51%

I had wireless internet with AT&T and everything was fine. Today I switched to Bright House and my laptop will not connect wirelessly to the router. I am able to use the ethernet cord to connect and my mobile devices connect to the wireless network with no problem. Please help ! My computer is an Acer and is operating on Windows 7

A:Ethernet works, wireless doesn't

Hey Ashp10. You had AT&T as your ISP, but now you are using Bright House, correct?. Did you have your own router when with AT&T or were you using a combo modem/router provided by them. How about with Bright House, are you using a box provided by them or are you using your own router?.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ethernet-works-wireless-doesnt.197034/
Relevancy 25.37%

I recently just put a new gpu and motherboard evereything was working fine but I had a few issues. I took it to the shop and they fixed it. when I tried to run any online games my fps would be horrible but offline it would be fantastic. I am using the same connection/router I used before, before I was having no issues but since I got it back online games are unplayable my gpu is a gtx 780 and my cpu is a i7 2600k.

A:Low FPS in online games but my connection is fine

You may not have the latest LAN drivers for your motherboard. Go to the manufacturer's website and update them, and see if that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/low-fps-in-online-games-but-my-connection-is-fine.196863/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi, I just want to know what the best mode is, IDE or AHCI, my board has defaulted to IDE so that's what I'm currently using.

Thanks

A:Hard drive mode: IDE or AHCI?

If it's an SSD then you should change it to AHCI and reinstall Windows. If all of your drives are normal HDDs then it won't make any difference.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-mode-ide-or-ahci.196186/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have a decently built gaming tower with a outta windows experience score that plays offline games great but on my online games other offline FPS fps online 60 Games, Low with than SW TOR and GW my FPS s drop to around ten or less here are my specs Component Details Subscore Base score Processor AMD Phenom tm II X T Processor Determined by lowest subscore Memory RAM GB Graphics ATI Radeon HD Series Gaming graphics MB Total available graphics memory Primary hard disk GB Low FPS with online Games, 60 fps offline Free GB Total Windows Home Premium System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd Model GA- FXA-UD Total amount of system memory GB RAM System type -bit operating system Number of processor cores Storage Total size of hard disk s GB Disk partition C GB Free GB Total Disk partition D GB Free GB Total Media drive E CD DVD Graphics Display adapter type ATI Radeon HD Series Total available graphics memory Low FPS with online Games, 60 fps offline MB Dedicated graphics memory MB Dedicated system memory MB Shared system memory MB Display adapter driver version Primary monitor Low FPS with online Games, 60 fps offline resolution x DirectX version DirectX Network Network Adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Network Adapter Realtek RTL n Wireless LAN Mini- PCI NIC Network Adapter Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Any idea on how to improve it nbsp

A:Low FPS with online Games, 60 fps offline

It sounds to me like you've got yourself some good old lag

The way to improve it would be to upgrade your internet connection to a faster plan, and possibly acquire a new modem/router if the one you have is not up to the task.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/low-fps-with-online-games-60-fps-offline.194510/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello.
I recently got new Intel SSD series 330 60gb in addition to my standard 1tb Samsung HDD. So I set RAID mode from IDE to AHCI in BIOS (mobo MSI X85 pro-e). Now some of SATA ports (port 3 and 5) don't recognize my HDD or CD/DVD being connected but I still can use them in windows while other ports display them normally in BIOS. Also when I switch back to IDE mode, ports 3 and 5 display hardware in BIOS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-ports-wont-work-in-ahci-mode.195845/
Relevancy 25.8%

I don t see a good spot to put this in the forums so this is where I am starting Issue Brand new Alienware Aurora-R Can t update or run Steam can t connect to play wizard can t connect to login server for DC Universe Online It isn t the firewall Norton My laptop did and still does work properly all around This desktop is connected via ethernet which could have something to do with it since it isn t wireless I am utterly stumped I ran many scans and found no answers Dell support Can't play any online games is via phones only and everyone knows how awesome their english is Ill Can't play any online games use them if I must Here is a dxdiag report ------------------ Can't play any online games System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name DESKTOP-PC Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Alienware System Model Aurora-R BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GTX Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GTX DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS A DE amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Dell U HM Digital Monitor Model DELL U HM Monitor Id DELD Native Mode x p Hz Output Type DVI Driver Name nvd dumx dll nvwgf umx dll nvwgf umx dll nvd dum nvwgf um nvwgf um Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B E E- C - CF- C - CC C Vendor ID x DE Device ID x SubSys ID x A DE Revision ID x A Driver Strong Name oem inf NVIDIA SetA Devices NTamd Section ci ven de amp dev amp subsys a de Rank Of Driver E Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C ModeVC C ModeWMV C Deinterlace Caps CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out YV x Fr... Read more

A:Can't play any online games

Someone on another site mentioned this:
"
Are either of you using NVidia onboard lan connections?

If so, have you disabled the now infamous checksum offloading?"

No idea how to checkf or this but that might help? I don't know.

One more thing:

It has these alienware programs too which might be doing something:

AlienAutopsy
Alien Command Center
AlienAdrenaline
AlienFusion
AlienFX Controller

Update:

I installed the game Rift and it plays as it should. I don't know why this is different than the previously stated programs, but apparently it is. Those programs still can't connect.

Also, I ran safe mode with networking and they couldn't connect in that either. At least, steam and wizard101 couldn't. DC Universe Online couldn't run withought the graphics card.

Anyone have any idea at all? I'm soooo bummed right now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-play-any-online-games.189671/
Relevancy 24.08%

Ever since my macbook pro went flat my hard drive no longer is recognised on the computer. it comes up with the first picture uploaded. when I go to disk utility I can not click verify disk or repair disk but can see the hard drive there. I have no idea how to fix this without losing everything on the hard drive. I have no other mac to plug into and I plugged it into a pc but it does not show up, however the sounds when you plug something in and out are there.

A:External Hard drive no longer works in my mac

since my macbook pro went flatClick to expand...

what does that mean?

the JPG attached strongly suggests the drive has issues

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hard-drive-no-longer-works-in-my-mac.194702/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello I m not Works Connect Won't Ethernet Wireless sure if this is in the right place but here goes Yesterday the wireless was going slow so I Ethernet Works Wireless Won't Connect accessed the router and changed the WPA Pre-Shared Key to something more complex and difficult to guess After that it would still connect to wireless but it wouldn t load pages quickly or at all Then it stopped connecting to my wireless network altogether I m writing this post with my Ethernet cable plugged in and it works perfectly fine I ran Windows troubleshooter while still able to connect to wireless Results were that the problem had something to do with Ethernet Works Wireless Won't Connect the DNS Server Since then I ve tried winsock fix flushdns ipconfig in cmd resetting the wireless WPA Pre-Shared Key back to the original changing the Preferred and Alternate DNS servers powering off my Thomson router I ve tried to cmd - ipconfig release renew but it says the media is disconnected and it can t perform that operation Any help would be great -Scott nbsp

A:Ethernet Works Wireless Won't Connect

How far is the computer from the router? Are there any walls,floors it has to go thru?
Personally, I'd stick with the ethernet.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ethernet-works-wireless-wont-connect.193718/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi, I have run chkdsk couple times and keep getting about 4 bad sectors. With bad sectors I cannot backup my image on any backup program even windows. It will fail about half way through it. Does anyone know of a program that will bypass the bad sectors and back it up. Thanks. I am open for any solutions here.
Thank you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-notebook-bad-sectors-how-to-backup-image.193500/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi thanks or looking a my post,

As it is I have 1 hard drive backing up all staff file that are located on a share PC, I have now been asked to setup a system where I have two hard drive backing up the same information and that they are switched weekly.

When one hard drive is in the building backing up the other hard drive is off site in a safe place, but I am unsure how to set this up using windows 7 backup.

I do not need to backup the system image as they has all ready been done just the staff files.

Thanks for any help

Sean

A:Backing up files on 2 different hard drives (windows 7 backup)

Good planning for disaster planning reasons (btw: that's called media rotation).

To automate backups alternating between two target drives -- don't think that's possible and you will need a manual procedure to identify the 'other drive'.

Hopefully the "files that are located on a share PC" are limited to a Shared Folder making the source location easy. Using the backup technique of an Incremental Backup will reduce the size and time of the data being copied.

CAUTION: do not encrypt the backup volume(s), nor even compress them.
If you need them after a disaster, they will need to be usable on ANY available PC and encryption/compression can be subject to software incompatibilities - - right when you don't need that kind of help!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/backing-up-files-on-2-different-hard-drives-windows-7-backup.193199/
Relevancy 41.71%

I tried to update a network controller driver on a homemade XP Computer I got the fatal blue screen after the NVidia slash screen It was an nforce driver Windows would not start I tried to get into safe mode to do a restore But no mouse or keyboard is reading Is there a way to do a system restore at start up with out going to safe mode use Can't Keyboard or mouse safe mode in By the way I don t have a XP CD I do have a product key HELP you XP Gurus Oh and Can't use mouse or Keyboard in safe mode it is really hard to get into even safe mode I saw BIOS once when pressing the Esc button But now it just goes to set up Every F button give me the option of boot menu F or Set up Delete But no matter what I hit it goes into setup The keyboard works fine in that screen But as soon as the safe mode boots up Can t use mouse or keyboard Someone told me could Can't use mouse or Keyboard in safe mode be motherboard did I do thaaaat Again HELP HELP HELP Thanks Ynotbme nbsp

A:Can't use mouse or Keyboard in safe mode

You can download a windows 7 ISO onto a USB flash drive or cd or dvd. Contact where you bought your windows 7 and they will give you a link to download the iso. or maybe you can search the web for a ISO and enter your key later. I don't know if you will be able to navigate without a keyboard and mouse, maybe they will work in the windows 7 setup like your thinking.

Good luck!

p.s. I meant windows XP not 7. Iv done it with 7 I don't see why you cant with XP>

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-use-mouse-or-keyboard-in-safe-mode.192393/
Relevancy 24.08%
A:ApexDC++ works on my college network, but HFS does not. Can anyone explain why?

Did you see the firewall & port forwarding requirements here ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/apexdc-works-on-my-college-network-but-hfs-does-not-can-anyone-explain-why.192140/
Relevancy 41.28%

How do I solve this? I have the following anti virus/malware programmes (I realise I probably have to uninstall some as I have too many, but which ones shall I uninstall?):

avast
spybot - search & destroy
malwarebytes
superantispyware

A:My laptop won't connect to the internet -- only will in safe mode

First, let's see about accessing the net itself - -

get a command prompt (start->run->cmd OR start->search->cmd)

enter PING 8.8.8.8
and then PING GOOGLE.COM

both of these should show timing results and neither should timeout or have errors.

post back with your results.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-wont-connect-to-the-internet-only-will-in-safe-mode.191091/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello I have a three games a are all All of sudden lagging online year old ASUS gaming laptop with Windows GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX M video card I noticed a problem when I could no longer All online games are lagging all of a sudden play Mass Effect multiplayer online without considerable lag The last time this happened I was having CPU spikes but that was fixed This time none of that is happening when All online games are lagging all of a sudden I am having lag I tried lowering the graphics settings and updating my graphics card and doing windows updates with only very minor improvement When I have tried playing games such as Left for Dead Orcs Must Die and Diablo online through Steam and Origin I keep losing connection and getting booted out of games It happened last night and I couldn t make it through a game without getting kicked off My internet connection itself is fine and I haven t experienced any lag when just surfing the web I haven t tried youtube yet though I don t understand why it s doing this all of a sudden The only thing that I have downloaded in the past couple of weeks was Quicktime and Java because I am in grad school and one of my professors keeps posting lectures via Quicktime I really would like to be able to fix this with your help and not have to take it in if possible I m a poor college student and I just want to play Mass Effect with my boyfriend nbsp

A:All online games are lagging all of a sudden

Hi there RayRay,

It might help to download the latest wireless drivers for your laptop. I'm sure if you go to the ASUS website for your specific laptop, there will be a download section where you can download drivers. Look if you can find one for your Ethernet (LAN) port if you are connecting via cable to the internet, or one for your wireless one. Let me know if this is any help.

From a fellow poor university student

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/all-online-games-are-lagging-all-of-a-sudden.190165/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi
I have a desk top pc, which loads up and then I cant get onto the internet. We know we have internet as we run a laptop. I have tried a system restore, this has not made any difference. I have cleaded temporary internet files and run free avg 2013 to see if I have any viruses.
One day we can get on and the next we cant, any ideas? The computer also appears to be a little sluggish (only 2 years old).

Any help is appreciated.

Many thanks,

A:Desktop PC works intermittently

What operating system do you have?
have you tried re-installing the LAN driver?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desktop-pc-works-intermittently.188421/
Relevancy 24.94%

Microphone Jack isnt working microphone isnt being read what is the problem the sound card or the Jacks themselves the mic isnt the problem cause it works on the laptop just not on the pc..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microphone-works-on-one-system-but-not-another.189222/
Relevancy 25.37%

I am trying to play Rise of Nations online. I can play a solo game without a problem, but am unable to connect to online games. I think the problem may be that my external IP address can't be pinged (externally). I have a Linksys WRT160 router, Comcast is my internet provider, and I have set up Port Range Forwarding on the Gaming tab of the router, but so far, that hasn't worked. Any ideas?

A:Can't connect online Rise of Nations

What about your firewall you use on your PC? Have you open the ports for what you need to use?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-online-rise-of-nations.189132/
Relevancy 24.94%

My computer wiz of a brother moved across country! Im not a computer wiz but can follow instructions well! IF anyone would like to guide me in the right direction I would appreciate it! thank you!

He can get wireless signal, and at times access the internet for a few minutes, then he is booted again! My brother suggested we install Chrome for him, did so last night! Now I receive messages server cant be found, bc the DNS lookup failed!

A:Trouble getting father's computer online wirelessly! DNS look up failed!

It's not a browser issue - - it's the TCP settings

get a command prompt (btw which version of windows?)

enter IPCONFIG /ALL >myTCP.txt

on your follow-up, attach the file myTCP.txt

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-getting-fathers-computer-online-wirelessly-dns-look-up-failed.189000/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi Three days ago my from help Need restoring with backup computer HP Windows Laptop starting acting up doing the ghost thing on certain programs Microsoft office Excel It would allow me to open the program but then would say not responding After a few attempts on restarting the computer I gave up and fully backed up the HP Laptop amp restored the computer to factory settings After three Need help with restoring computer from backup more attempts the computer seems stable now and loaded everything from my backup again I never did the recovery disc when I bought the machine months ago also have never done a system restore from external hard-drive either I m very angry after the restore because my files programs aren t in the factory locations Does anyone make a program to reinstall all my programs with serial numbers Photoshop or my I-tunes library etc How have other members made this process easy with getting all the files back into there locations and finding serial numbers Also after everything is fixed do I delete the backup from my external HD Everything has been copied into my laptop again right I m just a Newbie computer person looking for some help please thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-restoring-computer-from-backup.188917/
Relevancy 24.51%

Anybody know what would make a monitor display for 10 seconds and then go black?
I can shut it off...turn back on and it displays again for 10 seconds and goes blank.
I have changed out cables. tried on several machines, and outputs, same result.
any help would be appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-works-for-10-seconds-then-goes-black.188677/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hiya all Recently I noticed my FPS in online gaming dropped to FPS I had to close game in online 4 FPS the game client and re-open it again for it to go away After that I 4 FPS in online game had only FPS My laptop is getting very slow and sometimes the system hangs too most often when I use multiple programs The hardware is not damaged I know this for a fact because it never fell nor bumped I remember when I first bought this laptop year ago I had no speed problems and the MMORPG I mentioned above also ran smoothly with maximal graphic settings Now I get around - FPS with lowest graphic settings Things I already did Full CHKDSK Defragmentation Full on-boot virus scan with Avast Full clean with CCleaner temp files and registery Removed all unnecessary rarely used programs I have a dxdiag results report ready in case you guys need it General system specs Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - System Manufacturer TOSHIBA System Model SATELLITE C D- G BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor AMD E- APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics CPUs GHz Memory MB RAMClick to expand Thanks in advance nbsp

A:4 FPS in online game

You could be running out of memory, depending on what you have going on.

What resolution are you playing at on this laptop? Also how high are your graphical settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/4-fps-in-online-game.187700/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi all

Hopefully I'm posting this in the correct place, Mods please move if not, thanks.

So, I have a bit of a problem. I accidentally deleted the wrong folder from our work server yesterday (Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard), but we have a nightly backup to a tape drive so I went onto the backup software (Symantec Backup Exec 2012) to restore the data. However, using the restore wizard it has been "Querying for data" for approximately 12 hours... is this normal?? Is it possible to restore files/folders from a tape backup, or would we have to restore the whole system? Do I just need to wait a long time for the system to find the data?

We have a spare 2Tb NAS drive so I could potentially restore all of the data to this (approximately 600gb), would this be a more viable approach?

Thanks in advance

A:Restoring files/folders from tape backup

Never mind, sorted now

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/restoring-files-folders-from-tape-backup.187491/
Relevancy 24.08%

One of my many drive is the FreeAgent GoFlex Drive 1.5 TB pocket sized external drive - it works fine on every other computer but on mine it stopped working - actually when I plug it in to my computer it freezes my computer every time I plug it in however to unfreeze my computer all I have to do is unplug the drive (plug-in and unplug I mean connect and disconnect USB cable from my USB port on my computer).

I have a 700 watt Power supply and my other USB devices work just fine which includes all my other external hard drives - I did replace my Geforce 8800 GT grap[hics card with the Geforce GTx550 Ti graphics card.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

A:FreeAgent GoFlex Drive works on every computer but mine

Have you tried connecting it to a different USB port? It's possible that the port you are using is miswired and is putting out the wrong amount of voltage.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/freeagent-goflex-drive-works-on-every-computer-but-mine.186007/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello Everyone,
Okay I'm on Facebook and well I like to play Farmville,CityVille however when I play these games it sticks and lags when I move around...I know it's not my Broadband as I'm getting 7.5mb
What factors would it come down to?
My CPU is stuck at 100% when I play these online games?
Any ideas please. Thank you!

MY COMPUTER SPECS:

ME PLAYING FARMVILLE AND MY CPU IS AT 100%!

A:Poor performance in online games

Upgrade ur processor dude go for the higher version of the processor the amd semptron is for normal browsing the browser needs good processor to run

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/poor-performance-in-online-games.186152/
Relevancy 25.37%

Audio playback on all online videos has random buzzing stuttering interrupts that last - seconds This happens only on this Toshiba Laptop It is not happening on any of the other PCs in this office I have tried to upload a sample demo of when viewing online Audio bad videos the problem but I was not allowed to do so through this forum s upload button I have it available if someone can explain the process for posting this mp file Also I took the laptop home and it has the same problem there as Audio bad when viewing online videos well In both office and home the internet is a wireless connection with plenty of bandwidth at both offices There is no problem playing videos or audio from this machine whether from the HD or from the office network Just from internet alone added late I forgot to mention that the video portion also stutters at the same time as the audio messes up And if the mouse is being moved while it is stuttering it will freeze with the same frequency as the audio My machine info Model Name Satellite P D S Part Number PSPHJU- J Serial Number OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium BIOS Version V CPU AMD Turion tm II Dual-Core Mobile M Physical Memory MB RAM Hard Disk Capacity Byte GB Hard Disk Free Space Capacity Byte GB Video AMD M G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD version Screen Resolution x Pixels Color Quality True Color Bit Sound Conexant Pebble High Definition SmartAudio version Network Realtek RTL SE Wireless LAN n PCI-E NIC version MAC Address A A F EC Atheros AR PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller NDIS version MAC Address E B Modem None Internet Explorer IDE Device TOSHIBA MK GSX ATA Device HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT F ATA Device FW version ET nbsp

A:Audio bad when viewing online videos

Make sure you have the latest version of Flash installed. Does this occur on all browsers? Do you have any plug-ins running or audio codec's installed? You could even go as far as checking to make sure your video drivers are all up to date.

if the mouse is being moved while it is stuttering, it will freeze with the same frequency as the audio!Click to expand...

When this happens. Does the computer it self freeze or just the video?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-bad-when-viewing-online-videos.181456/
Relevancy 23.22%

My current external hard drive is falling apart and I'm going to purchase a new piece of hardware. What do people use to store their backups? I've been considering:

external hard drive
internal hard drive
internal hard drive with an external case
USB flash memory
Blu-ray burner and rewritable disks (just an idea)
For an external hard drive I've been looking at USB 3 interfaces but most of them have disks doing 5400rpm. How come external hard drive disks have a slow rpm and is it a problem?

A:What do people use for backup storage?

Depends on how important the data is and how much data you are backing up. I would not use the Blu-ray discs (too expensive) or the USB Flash drive (not much capacity for the price). The internal drive will involve a little more work to install, although the transfer speeds higher and the cost will be lower. The external drive and the internal drive in an external case (basically the same thing, only thing that will vary is cost) is the most convenient method. It will be the easiest to restore to another pc.

As far as the rpm, the difference between 5400 and 7200 rpm probably will not affect you much since it is just for backups. The average seek time between these two speeds is only about 1ms different. So unless you are backing up massive amounts of data, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-do-people-use-for-backup-storage.182581/
Relevancy 25.8%

Does anyone have an opinion on a free, good, and easy to use web site for storage and back up of all my home PC files online?

A:Online data storage?

http://mozy.com/
or
http://www.carbonite.com/en/

Carbonite is better in my opinion, especially for small business backup. Hope this helps, take care!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/online-data-storage.179378/
Relevancy 23.22%

just recently received my Samsung SSD to install my windows 7 ultimate finally after a bit of time messing with that I got windows completely installed so I can either boot off the hdd or my ssd. I have had no luck figuring out how to get drivers from the hdd to ssd though. I can't even get on internet to try looking for drivers. so I tried backing up drivers on the double driver program I've tried burning backup divers to disk. can someone please tell me how to my drivers restored on my ssd!

A:Fresh install OS to SSD driver backup

I have no idea why you can't get on the internet. By default windows 7 has supports almost every (if not every) on board ethernet ports. If not then you'll have to get at least the lan drivers for your motherboard and then download the rest of the drivers you need once you get the onboard land running.

Is this a laptop, desktop ? If its a desktop did you build it yourself? If not what make model is it? You can go online to the manufacturuers website and download device drivers for your laptop/desktop.

If it is something you (or someone else) built then there should be a driver disk that came with your motherboard.

Alternatively you could use driver genius to get the job done. I'm not sure if the "free" version allows you to backup drivers but I know the paid one does.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fresh-install-os-to-ssd-driver-backup.181310/
Relevancy 26.23%

I ve got a client s computer that won t get online Things I ve tried Several Different browsers IE Chrome Firefox Also tried to update Malwarebytes Checked LAN settings It s set to automatically detect TCP IP settings are set to obtain IP address automatically and obtain DNS server automatically I tested it at the clients site and at my router as well which I know is working so I know it s not the router modem I scanned and removed any malware with updated Spybot Tried running in safe mode with networking still didn t work Pinging www google com Can't get online gets a request time out Pinging one of google s ip addresses also gets a request time out Pinging loopback is successful sent received Ipconfig release ipconfig renew sfc scannow didn t find anything In services DHCP client and DNS client services are running Everything in Device manager looks clear even when I choose quot show hidden devices quot One thing I noticed in the Local Area Connection Status is that packets are being sent and received Right now it says about bytes sent and bytes received quot Diagnose connection problems quot in IE gets me quot Windows cannot find the Can't get online host name quot www google com quot using DNS quot quot Diagnose quot in local area connection status gets me quot Cannot Can't get online communicate with DNS server quot Any ideas nbsp

A:Can't get online

it could be your modem is bad i have had this problem before try get a new one form ur internet provider

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-online.178663/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi guys I d really appreciate if anyone could give me some advice I m having a seriously frustrating problem with my computer monitor graphics card I have an LG flatron monitor Every time I go to start my computer in Screen works 640x480, only 64-bit Windows it switches off and the message quot analog power saving mode quot appears on the screen I can t turn it on after that unless I restart windows in x resolution When I do this the screen flashes with red lines and doesn t fit properly I ve checked to make sure all the cables are tight tried system restore when all else failed I even tried updating my graphics drivers but I can t get very far because the screen will turn off just as Screen only works in 640x480, Windows 64-bit they re finished updating The problem only occurred when I was sitting on a crappy cooking website which required no power Screen only works in 640x480, Windows 64-bit from my video card at all It was perfect for the last two years up until then Help Some additional details that probably won t help at all Name NVIDIA GeForce LE Chip Type GeForce LE DAC Integrated RAMDAC Approx total memory MB Current Display Mode x bit Hz Drivers Main driver nvd Screen only works in 640x480, Windows 64-bit dumx dll nvd dum Version Driver Model WDDM nbsp

A:Screen only works in 640x480, Windows 64-bit

The video card is probably dying... Time to invest in a little better card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-only-works-in-640x480-windows-64-bit.178587/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hey, I've been struggling trying to find out what I should use to increase my WiFi connection so I can play games like TF2 and Garry's Mod. I know, WiFi is terrible for online gaming, but I don't have too much other choices. I can't move my router and I'm using a desktop, not a laptop, so I cannot simply move my computer (I also can't move it due to the lack of space in my house).

Anyways, I was wondering whether I should get a wireless repeater or a wireless adapter. I've somewhat singled it down to two different products (one a repeater and one an adapter) and just wanted to know if they were any good or if someone could suggest one for me.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...17145&creative=399373&creativeASIN=B004NBL9WK

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Amped+W...pter/4360379.p?id=1218475609100&skuId=4360379

A:Online gaming via Wi-Fi

Why don't you try powerline adapters? Their bandwidth throughput is about the same as Wireless G, but they're definitely better with regards to your ping because you get far fewer dropped packets which means lag would be drastically reduced. Check out these. And click here to learn more about the technology.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/online-gaming-via-wi-fi.178264/
Relevancy 24.51%

I didnt have this issue until recently.

I can get a wirless connection no problem, but once I plug in my LAN cord I can't connect. If I disable my wireless I still can't get a connection. I tried going into device manager and deleting my Ethernt card, and rebooted. No luck there either. Any idea? Is there something I need to enable? Not super IT, but have looked at properties and everywhere else I can think of, but uI am posting here.......you can tell I am still stuck.

Thanks for your help!!

OS - Windows 7
Ethernet Card - Atheros AR8152 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller

A:Wireless works, but no connection with LAN cord

The wired LAN port on the motherboard may be bad... Have you tried re-installing the Atheros AR8152 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller driver from the laptops manufacturer support website?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-works-but-no-connection-with-lan-cord.178261/
Relevancy 41.28%

I tried using the promiscuous scanner to find out if the network adapter is in promiscuous mode. Ironically, the application requires the sniffer to be activated for the promiscuous scanner to work. Wouldn't this make the whole scan pointless as now the network adapter has enter promiscuous mode anyway. So it is useless.

If I see * asterisks signs, under the 31 bit group does that mean it is in promiscuous mode?

Any information about this would be appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cain-and-abel-promiscous-mode-detection.177655/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi's to all.. am here in hopes I can get an idea for what might be happening. The monitor currently in use here working fine with a DELL pc.. Am puzzled over what is happening. With an atttempt to s simply connect this monitor to another pc it is not responding.. works with one but not the other??? Scratch my head.... the pc it is not working with has no OES. have win 7 to install in it.. The cable has a tight connection fit on both pc's.. Just got this pc back from a tech who had it hooked up to his monitor.. what could I look at to troubleshoot

A:Monitor works with one PC but not another

do you have a dedicated graphics card on the new computer? If so, make sure you are plugging the monitor into the correct one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-works-with-one-pc-but-not-another.177358/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi all mrs got a toshiba satelite and on wireless and even through ethernet we keep getting message when trying to connect to the internet saying re dialling or re connecting what could be the cause of this . is it something like wireless card faulty or network connections all gone wrong i dont want to fiddle with it till i get some advice please thanks all

A:Toshiba Satellite keeps saying reconnecting/dialling when I try to go online

Could be anything... model, age, setup, operating system... need for a re-installed or upgraded driver, hard drive failing, defective component... defective wireless modem... wireless device that is too close to a wall or other interference...
First, you might try downloading and re-installing the drivers... then try installing another hard drive, if you have one handy... That will be one way to test your current installation...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-keeps-saying-reconnecting-dialling-when-i-try-to-go-online.177128/
Relevancy 24.94%

Ok, I am about to setup a server used for file syncing and an online db (like SQLite or something?) anyway, I also wanna have Fedora running on it..

I guess I can just get any server and install what I want + make it do what I want it to do, but what server(s) and/or system specs should I be specifically looking at for doing those things better than other servers?

A:File sync + online DB buying advice

Depends. Do you actually need a server?

Are we talking about a dedicated server in a datacenter, or are you building a server at home/work and using it connected to the internet there?

You need to tell us what you want to do with the server. If its a dedicated server, what do you plan to do with it? Monthly bandwidth, unique visitor numbers, number of sites, etc.

For homeserver, again, what is your intended usage. Your current post is far too vague to give any realistic answer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/file-sync-online-db-buying-advice.177063/
Relevancy 62.35%

Yo, all i could think of is to use keyboard menu shortcuts blindfolded, i found instructions from this forum to do so, but only for XP SP1 and SP2, which dont seem to work, i assume because i hvae SP3

A:Accidentally disabled display adapter and can't see, safe mode or VGA mode won't work

can you revert to an old save point in system restore?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/accidentally-disabled-display-adapter-and-cant-see-safe-mode-or-vga-mode-wont-work.176376/
Relevancy 24.94%

Heya i ve downloaded and tried to play the following online games Allods Shaiya Runes of Magic Lotro Everytime I downloaded each game and tried to connect to any of their servers it would always come up with a connection or client timeout error of some sort I m not sure if it has anything to do with my internet connection because recently I downloaded and played the beta for SWTOR online on my old crap vista laptop which is about years old Apart from very very low fps due to a terrible video card my swtor online servers unable game to connect Laptop to connection was perfect I also Laptop unable to connect to online game servers downloaded the swtor beta on my new laptop and after finishing the massive game download it came up with a data error though I can t remember what it was perhaps it is also related to my current problem My current IP is WIC New Zealand and doesn t have ethernet ports on modem Laptop specs WIndows -bit Home premium Service pack Toshiba Processor Intel Core i - CPU GHz GHz Ram GB Thats the basic information If you need anything else please let me know Thanks nbsp

A:Laptop unable to connect to online game servers

hi bunny 15405 welcome to TS
just quick idea here yhu dont have a firewall blocking the connections to their servers to yhu?

James

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-unable-to-connect-to-online-game-servers.174944/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello I recently posted on this forum after having issues with my computer not booting Then the PSU literally blew up a day later Old System Specs Q MSI P N Diamond Silverpower sp w has good reviews just not well known Corsair GB HD The issue I had was turn on pc everything lights up but GPU fan spins at full speed as if it was getting no power or connecting to motherboard G-card will not boot at all I did however find a very strange work around To boot the machine I had to remove the pin CPU power on the motherboard Turn the machine on but no boot Turn it off and replace CPU power Turn machine back on and everything works perfectly So It seems that the card can never boot up from cold If I re-started it worked fine I now have a new motherboard cpu RAM and PSU Both motherboards work perfectly with my tester g-card New PC Parts I k Gigabyte GA-Z X-UD P-B Corsair TX w V The new one fails to boot at all even with various different power cables removed I cannot RMA card as it is No works fan kinda speed boot, card? mobo faulty on other - - full 5870 second-hand BY using my 5870 No boot, fan full speed - kinda works on other mobo - faulty card? trick on the old motherboard it works perfectly so the card actually works It s just having big issues accepting power to 5870 No boot, fan full speed - kinda works on other mobo - faulty card? boot Would flashing the g-card bios help This quote is from an article about flashing the g-card bios It seems to sum up my issue the video BIOS initializes the card As soon as it receives power from the motherboard the BIOS activates the card and identifies itself to the motherboard BIOS In short the video BIOS starts and identifies the card and provides its initial crop of settings However if I can get any advice on other things to try out then I will happily do them The PSU s are not at fault as There is the same issue with a new Antec PSU and my brand new Corsair TC w which is supposed to be one of the dogs bollox of PSU s Thanks in advance for your reply Ivan G-S nbsp

A:5870 No boot, fan full speed - kinda works on other mobo - faulty card?

Welcome to the world of custom building lol, my computer has similar problems that if i have had it turned off for more than 5 minutes it will not boot and keeps bluescreen until i do a clean boot with a power drain, my solution to that is do just set the bios on the MB to use a 1W standby and leave it in sleep mode always (reboot it every so often)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/5870-no-boot-fan-full-speed-kinda-works-on-other-mobo-faulty-card.173944/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi, I had a laptop Vaio, windwos XP home edition and before crashing for good I manage to have all data saved on external hard drive. Now I have a new HP, Windows 7, processor A8 and when I try to trim the backup data I can't delete anything from it. The delete button just doesn't work and right click dosen't show delete option. The data is huge I need that space.Thanks.

A:Can't delete backup file created in XP, now I run Windows 7

Have you tried to format the drive through Disk Management? Formatting will erase everything on it. This assumes you don't still have anything on the external drive you want to save.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-delete-backup-file-created-in-xp-now-i-run-windows-7.172452/
Relevancy 24.94%

According to PCI-SIG chairman Al Yanes, who S/A spoke with on the 14th, the new PCIE spec is already in the works...Do those people ever sleep???:rolleyes:

http://semiaccurate.com/2011/09/15/pci-express-is-on-a-quest-for-speed/

A:PCIE 4.0 in the works...

Yo! And PCI-E 3.0 hasn't even become implemented yet. No rest for the weary builder... :dead:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pcie-4-0-in-the-works.170888/
Relevancy 40.85%

Dell XPS an GT Nvidia video card Computer will be fine then all the sudden i get all of these lines and weird colors at top and bottom screen and computer freezes I reboot and all through the splash screen and where i enter password i have weird lines and shapes When the logo comes up i have a double of it on side of the screen but its all distorted Right when Window goes to load my monitor goes dark and just get the orange lite on the monitors on off button When i again reboot and go into safe mode i still have all those wavy lines and if i move the mouse around the screen even lines mode! an colors in Wavy safe weird it clears it up some Its like im getting interfernce on my screen Wavy lines an weird colors even in safe mode! Now ive disabled through Device Manager my Wavy lines an weird colors even in safe mode! video card but still have the issue But i dont always Wavy lines an weird colors even in safe mode! have this issue Right now its working but then after awhile it just hit and freeze computer Talked to Dell and he just did the updated Drivers for Video card which i did a week ago He know wants to reset my computer back to factory settings which sucks cause i lose all the video s i have Is it my Video card going bad a Virus or something else Please help before Dell talks me into something stupid nbsp

A:Wavy lines an weird colors even in safe mode!

Normally a virus won't do such things.. It is your card but disabling the video card in device manager and continuing using the video card port wont change anything you must go back using the onboard card port if your mobo have any then you may see the difference.

Also if you recently update try to rollback to previous version to see and if the same then use the onboard video to see and if it work on onboard video therefore your video card is faulty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wavy-lines-an-weird-colors-even-in-safe-mode.168248/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi, sorry to be annoying with this again, but I spent 3 hours trying everything I could possibly find on the internet to no avail.
I've set up a static IP at 192.168.1.101, set Azureus to listen at TCP/UDP ports 53981 then went into my router and set up port forwarding with the aforementioned details. While I was browsing through that i noticed that Azureus works with the UPnP feature of the router, it even notified me itself that it established the connection.

However, when I use the NAT testing feature in Azureus (Vuze) it still says connection refused. Internet port checkers with the port 53981 still say the port is closed too. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Edit: also disabled my software firewall, no help there either.

A:NAT error with Azureus even though UPnP works

get a command prompt and enter netstat -an ; the results are shown below
If your program is active, then the second column will contain 0.0.0.0:53981

Code:
Active Connections

Proto Local Address Foreign Address State
TCP 0.0.0.0:135 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:445 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:1028 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:3389 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:8019 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:44334 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:44501 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 127.0.0.1:1025 127.0.0.1:44334 ESTABLISHED
TCP 127.0.0.1:1028 127.0.0.1:1030 ESTABLISHED
TCP 127.0.0.1:1030 127.0.0.1:1028 ESTABLISHED
TCP 127.0.0.1:1031 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 127.0.0.1:1039 127.0.0.1:1040 ESTABLISHED
TCP 127.0.0.1:1040 127.0.0.1:1039 ESTABLISHED
TCP 127.0.0.1:1041 127.0.0.1:1042 ESTABLISHED
TCP 127.0.0.1:1042 127.0.0.1:1041 ESTABLISHED
TCP 127.0.0.1:4785 127.0.0.1:4786 ESTABLISHED
TCP 127.0.0.1:4786 127.0.0.1:4785 ESTABLISHED
TCP 127.0.0.1:4787 127.0.0.1:4788 ESTABLISHED
TCP 127.0.0.1:4788 127.0.0.1:4787 ESTABLISHED
TCP 127.0.0.1:12080 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 127.0.0.1:12110 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 127.0.0.1:12143 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 127.0.0.1:12993 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 127.0.0.1:12995 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 127.0.0.1:19989 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 127.0.0.1:44334 127.0.0.1:1025 ESTABLISHED
TCP 192.168.0.4:139 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 192.168.0.4:4945 74.125.53.113:80 TIME_WAIT
UDP 0.0.0.0:445 *:*
UDP 0.0.0.0:1026 *:*
UDP 0.0.0.0:1029 *:*
UDP 0.0.0.0:4987 *:*
UDP 0.0.0.0:44334 *:*
UDP 127.0.0.1:123 *:*
UDP 192.168.0.4:123 *:*
UDP 192.168.0.4:137 *:*
UDP 192.168.0.4:138 *:*

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nat-error-with-azureus-even-though-upnp-works.169895/
Relevancy 41.71%

Gateway GM e Windows Vista Home freezing and Mouse mode safe in of out Premium Intel Core E dual core processor Installed MB DDR MHz PC - dual channel memory GB RPM SATA II hard drive All appears normal but after touching the mouse the problems are apparent The mouse freezes all over the screen I have to do a large sweep and then tiny micro-movements to select and icon The programs load super slow and the mouse is skipping all over the screen When the Pc is turned on the gateway screen is on for over a minute then the monitor turns off and then back on the loading bar pauses many times as it starts up It eventually loads but then the mouse doesn t move The pc makes a grinding clicking sound when the mouse moves but then the mouse freezes and the noise stops I am at a loss for words I have been through a lot with this pc from last month when it stopped turning on It has come a long way and I feel like it am almost done but something isn t right I am hoping it is not the motherboard but I cannot think of anything else it could be These are the steps i have taken to fix my pc Checked PC to make sure drivers were up to date Defragged the hard-drive registry cleaner Removed all dust replaced thermal paste on cpu Did a recovery that formatted the hard drive and reinstalled the OS Installed Antec PSU Replaced CPU Fan Opened safemode and mouse still freezes It seems that as soon as the Pc starts the problem is already at work It all started after I install some phone software but after the format I would think if it was a software issue it would have been resolved Thanks for any help you can Mouse freezing in and out of safe mode offer nbsp

A:Mouse freezing in and out of safe mode

First I would advise you never use a registry cleaner unless you know exactly what it is removing, they can do more harm than good.

My first thought is that your hard drive may be failing so please follow this guide to run the manufacturer's diagnostics.

Identify the make of your hard drive and then use one of the links below to get the manufacturers diagnostic for ISO CD. Burn the image file to a CD, boot the PC with the disc in the drive and run the diagnostics. You first need to set the CD drive to 1st in the boot order in the Bios setup.

If you do not have an image burner use this free software to make the CD.

http://www.isoimageburner.com/

ExcelStor: http://www.excelstor.com/eng/support.php?sub_id=3

Hitachi/IBM: http://www.hitachigst.com/support/downloads/

Samsung: http://www.samsung.com/global/business/hdd/support/downloads/support_in_es.html

Seagate, Maxtor & Quantum:http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/downloads

Western Digital:http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?lang=en

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Toshiba Fujitsu: http://sdd.toshiba.com/main.aspx?Path=SoftwareUtilities#diagnostic

If you have a Toshiba hard drive I would suggest the use of the diagnostics from the Seagate link as this will work on all makes of drive and on any OS.Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-freezing-in-and-out-of-safe-mode.168912/
Relevancy 41.28%

A few weeks ago, my wife's laptop had a problem with malware. Microsoft security essentials took care of it. After that she ran a full scan. Ever since she ran that full scan, she can only connect to the internet in safe mode. Other than that, her computer seems to be working fine.

She has Windows 7 and Internet explorer 8.

A:Laptop can only connect to internet in safe mode

You are most likely looking at a driver issue. Tell us the make of your laptop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-can-only-connect-to-internet-in-safe-mode.168638/
Relevancy 42.14%

I am talking to a friend over the phone so I don't have the computer in front of me for all of the details. He has an older XP computer probably 2005. It won't start in any other mode. All he wants to do is pull pictures off of it. If the computer never works again its ok. Is there a Linux dist that I can put on a usb that can see these files and pull them off? Or does he have a a better chance of hooking up the old hard drive as a slave in his newer computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-wont-boot-in-any-mode.167041/
Relevancy 24.51%

I was trying to backup some files by putting them on a memory stick and saving them onto another pc but the memory stick only works with the vista machine. in the past it did work with with does the fact that it has hardly no space on it have anything to do with that.

Thanks for any help

A:USB memory stick works on Vista but not on XP

Hi

no.. space or remaining space is irrelevant.

what happens when you plug in the stick to the XP machine, does it see it, make any noises, etc
have you tried another USB device in the machine such as a camera, printer or webcam.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-memory-stick-works-on-vista-but-not-on-xp.165882/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi I have a computer that is not to old It is an Acer Aspire l One day as i was using a program it sleep to in or mode No keyboard/monitor mouse power completly froze so i restarted When i did it got to a loading screen just about to the screen where i pick my user account to sign on and it froze again So i once again restarted and No power to mouse or keyboard/monitor in sleep mode when i turned it back on it sounded asthough it was started up normally aka the beeps and crap it makes when it boots up all sounded normal but i noticed my keyboard and mouse didn t light up like they should and the monitor was in a sleep mode aka it is on but it s a black screen with flashing light at the bottom the same No power to mouse or keyboard/monitor in sleep mode it would be if i turned my pc off but left my monitor plugged in on So anyway i waited and hour and it booted normally again It went about a week or longer and i decided to leave my pc on overnight when i got back on it in the morning i moved my mouse a little to warm it up and it froze again just like last time so i restarted it and the same thing happened but it has now been a few days and it stll isn t working Does anyone have any suggestions to try to fix it i really don t know much about pcs other than how to use it lmao Oh other things i should note My mouse and keyboard are both usb and they both work on other pcs same with the monitor Also i turned my pc on while it was like this and tried unplugging my mouse and plugging it back in and when i plugged it back in it briefly lit up like it should but went out again when fully plugged in nbsp

A:No power to mouse or keyboard/monitor in sleep mode

Okay this Acer has an extremely small 135 Watt power supply. It may be failing. Is this PC still under warranty?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-power-to-mouse-or-keyboard-monitor-in-sleep-mode.166195/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello i just recently installed Uncharted Waters Online onto my laptop and while it works fine on my desktop, when i went to play it on my laptop i noticed that there wasnt any music or sound that was being played. When i went back to my settings in the start screen i noticed that my audio options were greyed out.

I went into my sound settings and changed them from IDT to ATI HD and that didnt seem to fix the problem.

Does anyone have a suggestion? I can give specs if you need them.

A:Uncharted Waters Online, no sound

Any luck with this problem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/uncharted-waters-online-no-sound.164372/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello everybody I am trying to build my first PC and I encountered some problems Any help is greatly appreciated Hardware CASE PSU iCAN PE- Mid ATX Case with W Power Supply CPU AMD Phenom II X Black Edition W Quad Core Socket AM GHz Mb Cache MHz HT nm HDZ FBGMBOX MOBO Gigabyte GA-MA LMT-S Socket AM AMD G SB Chipset ATI Radeon HD Graphics Dual-Channel DDR Mhz - Channel HD Audio Gigabit LAN x SATA Gb s x USB Micro fan LED nothing CPU New + works else powers build, up, ATX RAM G-Skill GB DDR MHz sticks of ram so GB total VIDEO Asus EAH SILENT DI GD LP ATI Radeon HD Chipset MHz GB Mhz GDDR Dual Display DVI HDMI D-Sub PCI-Express New build, CPU fan + LED powers up, nothing else works Graphics Card Problem Computer powers up CPU fans spin HDD and CD drives both power up Monitor is a blank screen and power light on the monitor keeps flashing like its sleeping Also there are no beeps What I tried - Made sure motherboard was sitting on pegs properly no short anywhere - Removed the RAM no beeps - Removed the CMOS battery and put it back in no luck - Reseated processor checked for bent pins - Monitor VGA cable works using it right now - Removed Video card and I m using on board VGA now At this point I am fresh out of ideas and I really dont want to think the motherboard or CPU is fried Any ideas would be greatly appreciated and thank you to all responders in advance nbsp

A:New build, CPU fan + LED powers up, nothing else works

The thing that really sticks out for me is your power supply. If this came with the case be aware that with few exceptions most are junk. And with your hardware list I am highly doubtful you have enough power.

Utilize the following: http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

Also, did you disable the onboard video in your BIOS since you have a video card installed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-cpu-fan-led-powers-up-nothing-else-works.164546/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have tried to connect two different monitors to a CPU. A LG Flatron L1915S that just goes into power saving mode when started and a Samsung syncmaster 225bw that gives a message "check cable".

Both monitors work on other CPUs. The current CPU does not have a VGA connection. With an adaptor I can connect a VGA or a DVI cable (Flatron only have VGA possibility).

I guess the problem is in the CPU but how can I troubble-shoot? Is it the graphics card (how do I check that?) or can I somehow adjust the monitors to accept the signal from the CPU?

A:Screen goes into energy saving mode when connected

Can you give some more info about what you are using?
Is your PC a known make and model, or is it built up by you?
Both of your monitors are telling you that they are not getting any input, in different ways, and I am guessing you are using a separate Graphic card in an AGP or PCI-express slot on the motherboard.
You say your PC does not have a VGA output, so you only have a choice of one Graphic card, and socket.
So in that case, you have to try it in another pc, OR get a different card to try in your pc.
Can you say if your card has worked before? In your PC or a different one?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-goes-into-energy-saving-mode-when-connected.163118/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have an IBM T41 XP SP2 that was connecting fine then connected for 5 min or so and had to reboot to get back on line. Now it wont connect at all unless in safe mode. Have 2 other computers in the house that work fine one is wired one is wireless. The one having issues will not work wired or wireless. Have tried adware virus scan search and destroy, and malware. Still no go. Thanks in advance.

Attached is my Hijack this log

A:Internet only works in safe mode

What were you doing that required you to reboot? A possible software installation or update that may have knocked the ethernet and wifi drivers out of wack.

have you checked your tcp/ip settings? are you getting an ip at all? is it set to dhcp or set to static ip?

Also when you open your browser in the network settings. It could be possible that theres a proxy ip in the settings. This can be caused by adware and spyware. Though you said scans came up clean, its still worth to check.

What browser are you running? Internet explorer, firefox, google chrome?

Also what antivirus/firewall software are you running.

I do see black ice in the hijackthis log.

Also have you checked device manager to see if there are any driver issues with the Ethernet card or wireless card? I highly doubt this is a driver issue. Not to often do i see both wired and wireless drivers go bad. But i have very rarely seen a computer lose all its drivers due to a virus.

Hijack this log really didnt really show me much that could cause the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-only-works-in-safe-mode.161632/
Relevancy 25.8%

I switched from an ATI 5850 card to an AMD 6970 card recently. I play mainly Tiger Woods PGA Tour Online and EVE Online.

The 6970 caused problems with both games (white streaks, not being able to read chats, etc...) and the 5850 works perfectly.

Why?

A:Why the problem with online gaming?

Can you provide any information on what youve tried?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-the-problem-with-online-gaming.162294/
Relevancy 41.71%

I installed a SataIII drive on an Asus M A TD-V Evo board boots SATA drive in only mode IDE with win XPsp OS Since I only have Xp service pack on cd the install of SATA drive only boots in IDE mode the drive on the new board failed xp setup did not work although I had the new drive -as the board manufacturer suggests- on Sata in IDE mode and I detoured by installing the drive first on the old machine installing the raid driver during setup updating xp to service pack two and then SATA drive only boots in IDE mode moving the drive to the new board machine updating the drivers for the board what a pain During boot up I see a message saying searching for devices no device found if that means anything Now XP boots fine with the velociraptor in IDE mode on SATA connectors but poops out in AHCI mode or in IDE mode on Sata connectors - My questions are is there a fix without re-installing the whole caboodle and b if I run the rpm drive in IDE am I loosing speed or just the hotswap capabilities PS Two days later I am running win but still have issues Thank you nbsp

A:SATA drive only boots in IDE mode

What company made the drive?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-drive-only-boots-in-ide-mode.161604/
Relevancy 24.94%

So last week i jumped online to watch a clip on the BBC website and as i clicked play my screen froze for about seconds the screen then proceeded to turn black - displaying quot entering power save quot The PC still runs i can hear it and see the power lights on etc I thought it had something to do with the video card but reading through several of you threads i deduced that if this were the case then the issue would apply to all video clips games played I know very little about PC s i may be wrong But this issue does not occur when i play games nor does it occur when i play movies on vlc media player or on sopcast or any other external video application Only when i am in a browser does this happen I have tried reinstalling my browsers i mainly use chrome and firefox as well as explorer I downloaded Safari just to see whether it would somehow avoid the problem But it doesn t I would really appreciate some thoughts Its frustrating not being able to stream watch online Cheers nbsp

A:My Dell monitor goes black only when watching videos online

yaniktissera said:

So, last week i jumped online to watch a clip on the BBC website, and as i clicked play, my screen froze for about 5 seconds, the screen then proceeded to turn black - displaying "entering power save".Click to expand...

Try turning off your power saver mode:
(o/s XP this is mine yours may be similar)
-> right click your mouse button when the mouse is on open desk top space
-> navigate to "Properties"
-> select "Screen Saver"
-> in the lower portion of the window there is the "Monitor Power" section and select "Power" button
-> at the heading "Turn Monitor Off" from the drop down menu select "Never"
-> click "Apply"
-> click "Ok"
Hope this helps
-> Cheers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dell-monitor-goes-black-only-when-watching-videos-online.161633/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hey guys, I'm going to get a Core i7 2600k for my new gaming build but I'm unsure about how the turbo-mode is affected by overclocking. The stock speed of this processor is 3.4GHz which goes up to 3.8GHz with turbo-mode.

If I overclock it to 4.4GHz does this mean that it will run at 3.4GHz with turbo-mode going up to 4.4GHz? Or will it run at 4.4GHz all the time?

Thanks in advance!

A:How is turbo-mode affected by overclocking the 2600k?

From my experience with the previous Generation, if you overclock with turbo on it just increases the turbo auto clock, so turn it off, and control everything manually to get the overclock you desire.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-is-turbo-mode-affected-by-overclocking-the-2600k.160756/
Relevancy 24.51%

I upgraded video card from a 5850 to a 6970. I get nothing but blue screen indicating a hardware problem. I tried to "fix" the problem numerous times but could not. I put the 5850 back in and everything is running smoothly.

FYI, I did make sure the correct driver was installed for each card.

I'm not sure why the 6970 would be causing my machine to blue screen.

I have a Gigabyte P55A UD3 board and an 850W Corsair modular PSU.

A:Motherboard works with ATI 5850 but not 6970

6970 is a fairly hefty graphics card, make sure your power supply is up to the job.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-works-with-ati-5850-but-not-6970.161505/
Relevancy 62.35%

I just recovered from accidentally disabling my display adapter I logged into linux see, mode or Accidentally work disabled VGA safe adapter can't won't mode display and to get on the net and found the thread solved by Spike and also by glowingnissan on this issue and found that neither of these threads solved the problem exactly Spikes solution finally ended Accidentally disabled display adapter and can't see, safe mode or VGA mode won't work up working with one change and I thought I would post it here in case anyone else had the same gut wrenching experience thanks Microsoft Phenomena accidentally disabled the display adapter and after the XP loading screen you get nothing Dead monitor Safe mode hangs each time and quot VGA Mode quot does nothing different Solution Here is Spikes original solution thanks Spike with a note for step Also beware of quot found new hardware quot wizard etc popping up at system startup interfereing with these instructions I recommend pressing alt-f Accidentally disabled display adapter and can't see, safe mode or VGA mode won't work a few times after startup to make sure any startup programs get closed and then doing these instructions Good Luck Log Accidentally disabled display adapter and can't see, safe mode or VGA mode won't work in If you log in automatically all well and good if not use the up and down arrow keys to go to your user and hit enter to select if you normally have to enter a password then do it now and hit enter again press and hold the windows key and tap R this is the keyboard shortcut to the run box type quot devmgmt msc quot without the quotes and hit Enter this opens device manager wait a few moments to make sure device manager is open and then hit the TAB key once this brings the selection onto the device list cancel this step and jump to step with SP as you start in device view by type as default and pressing alt-v will pop you into the view menu new hit ALT V together which switches to viewing devices by type hit D TWICE which should bring you to Display Adapters hit the RIGHT cursor key to open the dropdown selection and right again to go to the first device in that selection hit Alt A together to open the context menu for your adaptor assuming it s the first in the list hit the Down cursor key which selects Enable note if you ve got the wrong device this will select disable for that device then hit Enter to enable it If you get a number of dialogues as I just did for a seperate device I m not about to disable my own display just use a combination of enter Y for yes until they are finished I found that pressing Y Y enabled the adapter and then proceeded to reboot your system Having speakers on may help for this process so giving you a few audio cues for what you re doing I just went through this entire process on my machin as I typed it so I know it works of course I know this because I was looking at it be carefull you don t mistype or hit the wrong keys nbsp

A:Accidentally disabled display adapter and can't see, safe mode or VGA mode won't work

The shortcut keys in Device Manager apply only to English OS, of course.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/accidentally-disabled-display-adapter-and-cant-see-safe-mode-or-vga-mode-wont-work.68901/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have looked everywhere for a solution for this problem I have I ve even gone to other forums to ask around and no one knows anything about this issue or how to fix it My system is an HP Sound works one with time window a at Pavillion Sound works with one window at a time dv notebook Intel R core TM Duo PC p GHz As far as my sound goes I have IDT High Definition Audio Codec NVIDIA High Definetion Audio Here s my issue My sound works when I have one browser open at a time I can watch netflix hulu youtube anything that has sound For only the first browser I have open However when I have multiple browsers open the sound won t work on the nd one Here are a few examples I used to play World of Warcraft If I logged on ventrilo and then WoW I would have sound for vent only If I logged onto WoW first and then vent my vent would have no sound I currently play league of legends The interface is in one browser and when a game starts it opens in a separate window Most of the time I have no sound when I am playing League I ve done almost everything I can think of to try to get sound to work I ve worked with computers for years and I am currently working on my A This seriously has me stumped Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Sound works with one window at a time

Which version of Windows are you running? and what Service Pack level? Are you current with all Windows Updates?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-works-with-one-window-at-a-time.161186/