Windows Support Forum

Aer Aspire 5750 Windows 7 64bit running slow

Q: Aer Aspire 5750 Windows 7 64bit running slow

I've noticed over the last few weeks that my laptop is running slower than usual. It's 7 months old. I'm not to sure exactly what is causing this i'm not very computer savey and could use some help please. I've ran anti virus checks and they've come up clear. All help is greatly appreciated. The laptop specifications are

Brand: Acer
Model: Aspire 5750
Itel core i7 2ghz
4gb ram DDR3

Thanks again

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Aer Aspire 5750 Windows 7 64bit running slow

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Aer Aspire 5750 Windows 7 64bit running slow

Generally windows gets slow with age. Have you installed many program's, are there many icons near the system clock? A lot of program's have services set to run at startup even though its really not need. If there are a lot this can use up ram, slowing the system.

Although with your spec, that would take some doing. Always try and use at least two virus scanners. Download malwarebytes (free) and give a scan with that. If your system uses a traditional hard drive ( not SSD) make sure it has been defragmented.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/300158-aer-aspire-5750-windows-7-64bit-running-slow.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I thought the problem was with the screen as when I attached external monitor the monitor showed windows etc all normally. I changed the screen and then replaced battery and restarted but it still boots up in the main colour of red, have tried re-calibration of colour but this does not correct this issue. Laptop has Intel I5 processor and 8gb of ram and cpu is running cool. Can anyone provide me an answer to this frustrating problem which I thought was the VGA but maybe it could be with the LED cabling which is my next focus!! Open to any solutions from the community , thanks in advance!! Geoff

Solved!
Go to Solution.

Relevancy 76.11%

I thought the problem was with the screen as when I attached external monitor the monitor showed windows etc all normally. I changed the screen and then replaced battery and restarted but it still boots up in the main colour of red, have tried re-calibration of colour but this does not correct this issue. Laptop has Intel I5 processor and 8gb of ram and cpu is running cool. Can anyone provide me an answer to this frustrating problem which I thought was the VGA but maybe it could be with the LED cabling which is my next focus!! Open to any solutions from the community , thanks in advance!! Geoff

Solved!
Go to Solution.

Relevancy 75.25%

I cannot see it on the list and most models seem to have a prefix which mine does not.  Has anyone upgraded to windows 10 on this model successfully?

A:I have an acer aspire 5750 is it windows 10 compat...

What does the Windows 10 upgrade icon say? If it says you are good to go, make sure you have all updates installed then go for it. It won't be on the Acer list unless it needs new drivers that aren't already ready.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/I-have-an-acer-aspire-5750-is-it-windows-10-compatible/td-p/379729
Relevancy 75.25%

I plan on a win 10 upgrade.  any problems with drivers, especially for the synaptics touchpad?

A:windows 10 driver for touchpad, aspire 5750

Well, one windows 7 driver asks works properly or you have not tested Used Google translator

Se eu fosse útil, um Kudos é apreciar e lembre-se de marcar Aceitar como Solução se o seu problema foi resolvido . Conhecimento adquirido deve ser compartilhado pois assim podemos fazer este mundo Melhor.Acer Aspire 5733 - 6668 Core I3 4GB 1066 2X2,HD 500 , Windows 10 Pro Insider 19393.5

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/windows-10-driver-for-touchpad-aspire-5750/td-p/444586
Relevancy 75.25%

I cannot see it on the list and most models seem to have a prefix which mine does not.  Has anyone upgraded to windows 10 on this model successfully?

A:I have an acer aspire 5750 is it windows 10 compat...

What does the Windows 10 upgrade icon say? If it says you are good to go, make sure you have all updates installed then go for it. It won't be on the Acer list unless it needs new drivers that aren't already ready.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/I-have-an-acer-aspire-5750-is-it-windows-10-compatible/td-p/379729/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 75.25%

I plan on a win 10 upgrade.  any problems with drivers, especially for the synaptics touchpad?

A:windows 10 driver for touchpad, aspire 5750

Well, one windows 7 driver asks works properly or you have not tested Used Google translator

Se eu fosse útil, um Kudos é apreciar e lembre-se de marcar Aceitar como Solução se o seu problema foi resolvido . Conhecimento adquirido deve ser compartilhado pois assim podemos fazer este mundo Melhor

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/windows-10-driver-for-touchpad-aspire-5750/td-p/444586/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 73.1%

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop A500. It comes with the option for either x64/x86 and I reformatted hard drive just yesterday. I chose to use x64 because of the 3GB RAM restriction using x86.

It takes a long time to boot up. I've disabled as many programs as I can to start-up with Windows. Don't have an anti-virus program as yet, and I'm using the default Windows 7 Firewall.

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2200MHz.
RAM: 4GB DDR2 399MHz
GPU: 1GB DDR3 500MHz
500GB Sata Hard Drive.

Any tips on making it run any quicker?
Also, what would be the best anti-virus to use?

A:Windows 7 64bit running so slow.

Welcome aboard

The best antivirus ... a controvertial issue, but you may use the Microsoft Security Essentials. One of the lightest AVs.

You disable all the start up programs, and see it it works or not . Nothing is must to be there .

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/226050-windows-7-64bit-running-so-slow.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I have recently upgrade from win7 home premium to win7 ultimate. I upgrade due to my home premium running far to slow, it would take at least 20minutes to boot up and wouldn't open up programs when booted up. I reinstalled home premium and it ran fine for about a week then this issue arose again. I then have upgrade my OS to ultimate and it ran fine for a grand total of 1day, it is now running really slow and I can barely do anything on it what so ever. This issue is occurring on a Toshiba satellite c660-220 laptop. I have had Ubuntu Linux installed on this laptop and this issue didn't occur on that OS, so is it a hardware issue or a software issue? And what can I do to fix it?

A:windows 7 ultimate 64bit running far to slow.

You have a dual-core Intel Pentium T4500 processor clocked at 2.3GHz in a very entry level LT. It's going to be slow but not that slow. You should be able to tune it for 1 minute +/- startup times.

There are tons of threads here on how to do this, read them, it's worth your time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/299857-windows-7-ultimate-64bit-running-far-slow.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi,

I've had my laptop for 4 years and now it's been running really slow. Clicking on programs, even just the Menu, would usually take at least 10 seconds before anything happens. I've run the disk fragmenter, disk clean-up plus I've deleted and transferred A LOT of files. Now I have a free space of 187GB! Would it be because of a virus of some sort? I have Microsoft Essentials and I think it's been doing a good job... Does this mean I need to re-format my laptop already? I'm in the process of writing my thesis and this is making everything more stressful than it already is...

Relevancy 70.09%

This may be a bit of a challenge but I am trying to help my parents fix their computer remotely All I know is that apparently the computer started running very slow days ago and they can't do much of anything I have TeamViewer installed to help them with issues from time to time and I have spent close to hours on this now Computer is a Toshiba laptop with AMD E- APU with Radeon HD Graphics GHz KB Level cache GB RAM I swear and running responding 8.1 programs incredibly slow stop Windows 64bit it had GB but is showing only GB and a GB HDD Running Win Bit In any event I have run a full virus scan Viper and a full scan with Malwarebytes and neither detected anything However I can barely get around on the computer If I open chrome I get the page crash error or it just loads ultra slow and I get a Windows 8.1 64bit running incredibly slow and programs stop responding not responding message I attempted to get into msconfig exe which took an enormous amount of time like minutes and once I did I looked at what was starting up at start up Nothing unusual there I attempted to do a scan on the hard drive and it said I didn't Windows 8.1 64bit running incredibly slow and programs stop responding need to do one as Windows detected the drive as ok I ran one anyway and after minutes or so it told me Windows couldn't determine a problem Windows 8.1 64bit running incredibly slow and programs stop responding and a full scan was needed I passed on doing that for now as it will want to reboot and scan before any remote software can load where I will be able to monitor it Even getting into task manager was a major challenge Once I did get in I didn't really see anything unusual other than CPU and Disk activity were very high Another issue that is happening is I went into file explorer and was trying to delete about MB of temp files and when click delete files the progress box pops up and just sits there doing nothing after minutes or so it was at and said it was going to be approximately year to finish the delete Makes me think there is a HDD issue but also the system only showing GB of RAM has me concerned Either it had GB at one point and a GB chip has died or it always had GB of RAM which seems crazy low to run Win but maybe it's possible In any event prior to the other day the laptop has always run fine for them They don't do much other than check email and maybe light video streaming and Facebook Any suggestions would be appreciated This is incredibly frustrating to work on

A:Windows 8.1 64bit running incredibly slow and programs stop responding

I do a lot of work remotely be it via RA or TeamViewer for  clients & others.  Sometimes there is a limitation on what can be done remotely.  Anyway, that said...
1. I advise, initially the RAM should be checked, even swapped out w/ new.  It would be silly for a 64-bit machine to have less the 4GB RAM since an x86 can't/doesn't use more than about 3-3.5GB, x64 will.
2. Is the HDD making any unusual noises.
3. How much free space is on the drive.
4. What events  or activity was there 2 days ago?
5. Do a System Restore.
6. If #5 changes nothing, put it back to Factory.
7. If #6 changes nothing then it is, indeed, a hardware issue.
8. How old is the laptop?
Cheers,Drew

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/580784/windows-81-64bit-running-incredibly-slow-and-programs-stop-responding/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice with the day-to-day running of my laptop, now nicknamed the Craptop.

It is quite a dated model now, Acer Aspire 5735, running Windows Vista Home Basic SP2. It used to be pretty speedy when it came to YouTube videos and other media, but it is now pretty awful, with videos constantly stop-starting and jumping.

The whole system seems to run a whole lot slower than it used to, what sort of things should I be trying/looking for?

Any help appreciated

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Basic, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5800 @ 2.00GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3000 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1307 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 142624 MB, Free - 21428 MB; G: Total - 476906 MB, Free - 130874 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, CathedralPeak
Antivirus: AVG AntiVirus Free Edition 2014, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 68.8%

My Laptop is an older version.I added one GB memory to it and despite the added memory it runs very slow.Boots up slow and once up, it is very sluggish. All help sought with resolving the issue. My gratitude to all who will provide resolution.

A:A very very slow Acer Aspire 5100 laptop, running windows 7.

Do the following in that laptop so we have more information to work with.

Download and save the TSG System Information Utility (SysInfo.exe) to the desktop.
After it's been downloaded and saved, double-click it to run it.
Information about your computer will appear.
Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE text here.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-very-very-slow-acer-aspire-5100-laptop-running-windows-7.1160801/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi All,
I have a friend at work with an Acer Aspire 5100 laptop running Windows Vista Home Basic and AVG Free Version.
Vista is running so slow it’s not funny. IE: to open the pictures folder will take about 45 – 130 seconds and then to open each photo it will take up to 3 minutes.
The first thing I could find is it only has 512mb RAM shared with the graphics card so I have ordered 2 x 2GB DDR2 667MHz RAM Sticks for her.
I should get them Monday or Tuesday.
Is there anything I should be looking for that would slow vista down so bad?
The other thing is that Acer have split the 80Gb HDD into 2 x 35Gb Partitions, I was thinking of reformatting the HDD back to just 1 x 78Gb Partition.
Does anyone have any theories on this matter?
Thanks for your help and comments
Andrew

A:Solved: Windows Vista Running Slow on Acer Aspire 5100

Don't know if it will help but mine runs better with the service pack 2 just released.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...4a-55ec-4972-a0d7-b1a6fedf51a7&displaylang=en

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-vista-running-slow-on-acer-aspire-5100.831288/
Relevancy 67.94%

My HD failed ordered new one... need to get a Win 7 home os download.  I have the product code that came with the laptop, jsut need to get the right software.  Help\!

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/aspire-5750-os/td-p/435219/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 67.94%

My HD failed ordered new one... need to get a Win 7 home os download.  I have the product code that came with the laptop, jsut need to get the right software.  Help\!

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/aspire-5750-os/td-p/435219/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi there I have an Aspire This has been a great laptop for me but over the past few weeks the power adapter connection has been really sketchy The issue seems to be at the connection where it plugs into the computer itself The power cord seems to come disconnected somehow frequently If I unplug it from the laptop and then put the plug back in again this fixes it for a few seconds but then the power button light starts flashing and it's disconnected again nbsp I was hoping it was an issue with the adapter itself so I bought a replacement one but it isn't any better than the one that came with the power supply Aspire 5750 laptop Is this a common issue I assume it's a problem with the connection inside the laptop where you put the plug in but I'm off warranty and have no idea what to do to fix it Do I need a new laptop While I'm fairly decent with most software programs hardware for me is a totally different Aspire 5750 power supply ballgame Any help would be appreciated nbsp Thanks

A:Aspire 5750 power supply

The power socket is soldered to the power board  and repeated pulling and pushing it can sometimes pull loose or crack a solder connection. You will need to disassemble the laptop to resolder/replace the power board. New board http://www.cdsparts.com/p-3374-new-acer-aspire-5350-5750-5750g-5750z-series-power-board-cable.aspx?C... Disassemble https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maoRU9NhyJo

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Aspire-5750-power-supply/td-p/390145
Relevancy 66.22%

HelloI have very wired issue  my laptop freeze randomly .I just browse in the net or write something etc and the laptop freeze.Do you have any idea from where to start or how to fix that issue.I am on winodws 10 64bit

A:Aspire 5750 window 10 issue

Is this temporarily or do you have to reboot ? If you get the spinning circle and it comes back after a while that is different from a solid freeze. Are you using McAfee ?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Aspire-5750-window-10-issue/td-p/419008/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 66.22%

I've checked out Acer 124 BCCODE on 5750 Aspire the forums fairly throughly but I still am not having any luck nbsp Right now I'm installing the WDK so I can decipher the minidmp so I'll add that shortly nbsp I'm running a Aspire nbsp Windows -bit Intel i M gb Dual Channel DDR Mhz - - - ACER JE HR mobo WD hard drive nbsp I bought it second hand - I'm experienced enough that pulling parts and testing things doesn't bother me but this has me stumped nbsp BCCODE 124 on Acer Aspire 5750 When ever I stream video and less often download software it crashes with a BSOD which generally means heat overclocking instability or damaged hardware nbsp The fan wasn't working right - so I thought easy fix - replace the fan clean everything up and redo the thermal paste nbsp Still happened nbsp So now it gets more problematic nbsp Stress tested the GPU with FurMark - mins - no crashes Stress tested the CPU with Prime - mins - no crashes no errors no warnings Temperature never goes above 'Disabled' Turbo by setting the power for the processor to less than nbsp Still happens Chkdsk this is a fresh Windows install with nothing more than Chrome and some windows updates added - hard disk comes back clean instantly I'll be replacing this in the future anyway with a TB M T Samsung Memory test - had an gig sodimm in it to begin with nbsp It was not and only one nbsp This tested out with an error in the first pass nbsp I thought AH HAH got you nbsp So I replaced it with the exact memory this beast calls for Two sodimms - gig each nbsp So that everything is optimal nbsp Did a memtest - all is good nbsp Nope still crashes nbsp So do I try to replace the HD nbsp Or give up and replace the mobo nbsp Or wait til the WDK downloads which caused me to crash a few minutes ago nbsp The fact that it crashes when I'm downloading or streaming makes me think it's the harddrive in spite of it testing clean nbsp Right now I'm unemployed so the unhelpful suggestion of buying a new laptop as the parts I'd need are way less than a new laptop would be isn't needed nbsp

A:BCCODE 124 on Acer Aspire 5750

Update: I think it may be the HD. Was running the extended test through WD diagnostic and after 41 mins it crashed with that BSOD.  Near the end of the diagnostic.  Hmmm... Appears a new HD is in order.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/BCCODE-124-on-Acer-Aspire-5750/td-p/424256/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello Admin. I bought Acer Aspire 5750, After month, i found No Diplay but the unit power on.  I have some Asking you how to Flash the Bios of Laptop Aspire 5750. Many times i try to do Flash the Bios of Aspire 5750. Problem is No display but Power is ok. the Led Power and also USB Port also ok. Please kindly Help me.Here is the Example: I try to Flash for other ways LikePower Button+FN Key+Esc. But cant flash the bios? When i try to find from our furom, i cant found the solution. Please help mr the procedure how to solve it. Thank you!!!

A:Acer Aspire 5750 No Display But Led Power is Ok

I very much doubt it's a Bios problem.This may or may not work.Remove the power cord and battery, hold the power button down for 60 seconds. Plug in and try.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-5750-No-Display-But-Led-Power-is-Ok/td-p/428521/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 65.79%

This is a problem which suddenly appeared, after years of use with no problem.  It is just this one device, Aspire laptop, that has the problem (we have 2 smartphones, 2 desktops, 2 laptops and a tablet).  So nothing wrong with network, router etc.  It's a problem for this one computer only. 1) laptop will initially connect to network, automatically as one would expect.2) after several minutes of use it will state that there is no longer an internet connection (at that moment other devices connected no problem and router signals all look good).3) closing browser and re-opening does no good.4) doing a restart of the computer ALWAYS fixes the problem, it comes back up with WiFi connection, but it will lose the signal again, same way in another several minutes. Should I purchase and replace the WiFi card myself?  I have replaced boards in computers several times over the years and understand the precautions.

A:Aspire 5750-6677 won't hold Wi-Fi connection

Hi uphiller Yes, if you're capable of it, then replacing it will be OK. It certainly sounds like yours has an intermittent fault! However, you could use a wireless USB dongle like this:A cheaper & easier way of doing it!

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Aspire-5750-6677-won-t-hold-Wi-Fi-connection/td-p/404357/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 65.79%

I only know my laptop can play blue-ray disc movies, but that's it. I don't wanna buy foreign made DVD's just to find out they won't work because my laptop can't play DVD's made of a different system. If someone could help me with this that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.  :-)

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Is-my-Acer-Aspire-5750-s-DVD-player-PAL-NTSC-TV-system/td-p/462993
Relevancy 65.79%

This is a problem which suddenly appeared, after years of use with no problem.  It is just this one device, Aspire laptop, that has the problem (we have 2 smartphones, 2 desktops, 2 laptops and a tablet).  So nothing wrong with network, router etc.  It's a problem for this one computer only. 1) laptop will initially connect to network, automatically as one would expect.2) after several minutes of use it will state that there is no longer an internet connection (at that moment other devices connected no problem and router signals all look good).3) closing browser and re-opening does no good.4) doing a restart of the computer ALWAYS fixes the problem, it comes back up with WiFi connection, but it will lose the signal again, same way in another several minutes. Should I purchase and replace the WiFi card myself?  I have replaced boards in computers several times over the years and understand the precautions.

A:Aspire 5750-6677 won't hold Wi-Fi connection

Hi uphiller Yes, if you're capable of it, then replacing it will be OK. It certainly sounds like yours has an intermittent fault! However, you could use a wireless USB dongle like this:A cheaper & easier way of doing it!

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Aspire-5750-6677-won-t-hold-Wi-Fi-connection/td-p/404357
Relevancy 65.79%

I put my laptop on sleep mode last night in error - I usually use Hibernate.When I cam eto turn it on this morning then nothing happens.The blue power light is on but the screen is black.I have tried switching off and on again but nothing happens. Also removing the battery.Help?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-5750-not-coming-out-of-sleep/td-p/451839
Relevancy 65.79%

Anyone had any success getting this model to run under Windows 10? Mine just randomly locks up completely, requiring a complete power down and restart.

A:Aspire 5750-9292 Randomly Locks Up

Acer doesn't support this laptop for Windows 10 and has no drivers for it. Check Device Manager for problem drivers and try to find Win 10 versions. Install them one by one until you find one that works or roll back Win 10 to your previous build of Windows. http://www.thewindowsclub.com/rollback-from-windows-10

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Aspire-5750-9292-Randomly-Locks-Up/td-p/391361/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 65.79%

Anyone had any success getting this model to run under Windows 10? Mine just randomly locks up completely, requiring a complete power down and restart.

A:Aspire 5750-9292 Randomly Locks Up

Acer doesn't support this laptop for Windows 10 and has no drivers for it. Check Device Manager for problem drivers and try to find Win 10 versions. Install them one by one until you find one that works or roll back Win 10 to your previous build of Windows. http://www.thewindowsclub.com/rollback-from-windows-10

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Aspire-5750-9292-Randomly-Locks-Up/td-p/391361
Relevancy 65.79%

I have been  seeing lots of event id 11 cdrom errors in my event log for the last few weeks, is my drive failing?Computer is running Windows 7 and according to system information there are no problem devices.If I put a disc in it, you can see it light up but thats all, nothing else happens, no other message is shownI've tried reinstalling it but still no joy, any other suggestions I could try especially as it hasnt been used that often,Thanks

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Aspire-5750-multi-drive-error/td-p/449560
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello Admin. I bought Acer Aspire 5750, After month, i found No Diplay but the unit power on.  I have some Asking you how to Flash the Bios of Laptop Aspire 5750. Many times i try to do Flash the Bios of Aspire 5750. Problem is No display but Power is ok. the Led Power and also USB Port also ok. Please kindly Help me.Here is the Example: I try to Flash for other ways LikePower Button+FN Key+Esc. But cant flash the bios? When i try to find from our furom, i cant found the solution. Please help mr the procedure how to solve it. Thank you!!!

A:Acer Aspire 5750 No Display But Led Power is Ok

I very much doubt it's a Bios problem.This may or may not work.Remove the power cord and battery, hold the power button down for 60 seconds. Plug in and try.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-5750-No-Display-But-Led-Power-is-Ok/td-p/428521
Relevancy 64.93%

My laptop won't boot after I changed the video configuration settings in the bios. Any time I turn on the laptop it just makes a clicking noise & switches itself back off so I cannot change the settings back.
I have tried to reset the cmos battery but I have been unable to remove the keyboard to get to it.
is there a way I can get my laptop working again?

A:Acer Aspire 5750 Won't Boot After Changes in Bios Settings

With your receipt, take laptop to any busines-oriented computer store [for example I've used Altex in AustinTX], let them fix the problem for you. Once, they've fixed your laptop, make changes in video configurations in Windows OS, after making external media backups of your OS partition.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/376548-acer-aspire-5750-wont-boot-after-changes-bios-settings.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I am unable to use the scroll on my pad, this is really annoying as i have to use the slide bar at the side of each window.
Can anyone please help, i'm a bit of a novice with computers too.

A:Acer Aspire 5750 Scroll probem with smartpad

Nearly 300 views and no ideas from anyone? Do i need some more info in here or something?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/219806-acer-aspire-5750-scroll-probem-smartpad.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi everyone

My laptop Acer aspire 5750 shuts down after few seconds at power on. I have checked the ram, hd, battery, power pack on a similar brand laptop and are all working good.

I removed the fan and heat sinks, cleaned them plus the inside cover. After all this I had every thing back together powered on machine and found fault still persists.

At the moment right now I think I have a faulty mother board caused by a short.

I need assistance if anyone can help me get around fixing this fault.

Thank you

A:Acer Aspire 5750 Shuts down after few seconds of powering up.

If you think it's caused by a short, you'd have to remove the board from the shell, lay it on cardboard, and try and power it up that way.

If everything is secured in place, I'd lean towards motherboard failure as well.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/acer-aspire-5750-shuts-down-after-few-seconds-powering-up-276769/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi folks
I've got an Aspire 5750 laptop and am having network problems.
My network is a Workgroup, all machines running flavours of Win7.
FROM the Aspire I can log into the other comps and access the disks on them.
TO the Aspire: in explorer on another machine I can see the symbol and name (ACER-I5) of the Aspire but cannot connect to it.
Network diagnostics states:
------------------------------------
Problems found
Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the
device or recsource (ACER-I5) is not responding.
------------------------------------
Any suggestion as to what to look for to solve this would be most welcome as I am somewhat of a network novice.
Regards
Bob

A:Problems with Acer Aspire 5750 network connection

Try removing the Microsoft Virtual Mini Wi-fi Adapter.

As far as I'm aware, it's something Microsoft has introduced for connecting to a wireless hotspot so if you've no need for it just delete it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/217626-problems-acer-aspire-5750-network-connection.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi,

Could anyone show me the steps of changing cpu processor in Acer Aspire 5750-6493?

Thanks,
jd

Relevancy 64.93%

My personal laptop has shut down several times after the power button was pressed. In some cases it powers and and boots up to the windows screen or sometimes halfway to the windows screen and shuts down.

I checked with a similar model laptop and confirmed ram, hd, battery, power pack are all working good.

I stripped laptop and cleaned cooling fan, inside cover and heat sink. I even removed the dvd drive and cpu.

After putting back every thing and retested my the fault still persists.

I am suspecting I may have a faulty mb may be caused by a short somewhere.

I really need assistance here to work around this fault to get the machine working properly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5750-shutting-down-after-few-seconds-after-power.1163327/
Relevancy 64.5%

I have an Acer Aspire Recently wireless connection has been spotty on my computer Phone and other laptops in household work normal using our Wifi On my Acer there is the F button that you re supposed to turn Acer / Aspire wireless Can't 5750 adapter network on press with the Function button to enable disable wireless Unfortunately that Can't turn on wireless network adapter / Acer Aspire 5750 key and other keys on one side of the laptop are broken So I use a wireless keyboard that doesn t have that F wireless button Problem is I can t turn quot on quot the wireless function on my computer There is no small switch on the external body of the laptop Every time I tried to connect to my Wifi I get a notice that it couldn t connect and to reset my network adapter The network adapter Intel Centrino Advanced N is enabled when I check the Device Manager Says it s working normal Without pressing the F button function I can t find get to that screen to enable the Wifi Any help would be awesome Thanks so much nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

Hello I know nothing about problem name: BlueScreen Acer - 5750 [SOLVED] Aspire event the actual software or hardware of my laptop [SOLVED] Acer Aspire 5750 - problem event name: BlueScreen I just know how to go to different sites Lately my laptop keeps randomly cutting to a blue screen with white text usually occurs without warning but the laptop will restart itself and everything will return to running normally until the next appearance of the blue screen The laptop is just over years old and came installed with Windows OS - Windows x -bit or x I'm don't know what that means The online specs say that it was a -bit What was original installed OS on system I think it was I'm so sorry I was given to laptop as a gift Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer It was pre-installed Age of system hardware - years Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS No CPU - What does this mean Video Card - What does this mean MotherBoard - What does this mean Power Supply - -cell Lithium-ion battery System Manufacturer - Acer Inc Exact model number - Aspire - G Mnkk S N LXR B SNID I don't know what the last two were but I included them in case they were helpful

A:[SOLVED] Acer Aspire 5750 - problem event name: BlueScreen

Hi,

All of the attached DMP files are of the IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE (4a) bugcheck.

This indicates that a thread is returning to user mode from a system call when its IRQL is still above PASSIVE_LEVEL.

This is most likely being caused by a problematic and or buggy device driver, so let's go ahead and enable Driver Verifier to get further information:

Driver Verifier:

What is Driver Verifier?

Driver Verifier is included in Windows 8, 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003 to promote stability and reliability; you can use this tool to troubleshoot driver issues. Windows kernel-mode components can cause system corruption or system failures as a result of an improperly written driver, such as an earlier version of a Windows Driver Model (WDM) driver.

Essentially, if there's a 3rd party driver believed to be at issue, enabling Driver Verifier will help flush out the rogue driver if it detects a violation.

Before enabling Driver Verifier, it is recommended to create a System Restore Point:

Vista - START | type rstrui - create a restore point
Windows 7 - START | type create | select "Create a Restore Point"
Windows 8 - Restore Point - Create in Windows 8

How to enable Driver Verifier:

Start > type "verifier" without the quotes > Select the following options -

1. Select - "Create custom settings (for code developers)"
2. Select - "Select individual settings from a full list"
3. Check the following boxes -
- Special Pool
- Pool Tracking
- Force IRQL Checking
- Deadlock Detection
- Security Checks (Windows 7 & 8)
- DDI compliance checking (Windows 8)
- Miscellaneous Checks
4. Select - "Select driver names from a list"
5. Click on the "Provider" tab. This will sort all of the drivers by the provider.
6. Check EVERY box that is NOT provided by Microsoft / Microsoft Corporation.
7. Click on Finish.
8. Restart.

Important information regarding Driver Verifier:

- If Driver Verifier finds a violation, the system will BSOD.

- After enabling Driver Verifier and restarting the system, depending on the culprit, if for example the driver is on start-up, you may not be able to get back into normal Windows because Driver Verifier will flag it, and as stated above, that will cause / force a BSOD.

If this happens, do not panic, do the following:

- Boot into Safe Mode by repeatedly tapping the F8 key during boot-up.

- Once in Safe Mode - Start > type "system restore" without the quotes.

- Choose the restore point you created earlier.
If you did not set up a restore point, do not worry, you can still disable Driver Verifier to get back into normal Windows:

- Start > Search > type "cmd" without the quotes.

- To turn off Driver Verifier, type in cmd "verifier /reset" without the quotes.
・ Restart and boot into normal Windows.

How long should I keep Driver Verifier enabled for?

It varies, many experts and analysts have different recommendations. Personally, I recommend keeping it enabled for at least 24 hours. If you don't BSOD by then, disable Driver Verifier.

My system BSOD'd, where can I find the crash dumps?

They will be located in %systemroot%\Minidump

Any other questions can most likely be answered by this article:
Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-acer-aspire-5750-problem-event-name-bluescreen-720201.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hey guys. So I've got Win7 64bit on my laptop its nice and all but it seems to just be really clunky and slow. Sometimes i feel that my computer is almost working overtime to keep up. Opening programs is always slow and has delay.

Here's the specs of my laptop (in CPUz)

http://img214.imageshack.us/f/img214...aptopspecs.jpg

Thanks in advance!

A:Win7 64bit running slow. (Laptop)

Use NHC (Notebook Hardware Control) and tell us what the CPU temp is.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/win7-64bit-running-slow-laptop-485851.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I've been putting my first build together and completed it a couple of days ago. I was using it, but realized I had accidentally installed a 32bit version rather then the 64bit of windows 7 and as a result my ram was being under utilized. I double checked my cpu and installed the 64bit version of windows, but know that I have everything reinstalled, the windows updates seemed to be taking forever, and the computer is acting very slow and unresponsive, it ran much better using the 32bit version of windows.

I'm at wits end, as the two set ups were practically identical, aside from the 32/64 change.

Parts
AMD Phenom II x4 3.0GHz Quad-Core
Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P Micro ATX AM3+
Corsair Vengeance 8 GB (2 s 4GB) DDR3-1600
XFX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V

I appreciate any help.
-Lawlagram

Relevancy 61.49%

Hello to those who are reading this. I purchased an acer aspire v5 122p-0408. It is slow like a snail!! What do I need to do?I want to delete all the apps it came with. I read somewhere else that I should delete mcafee as well..Should I restore it to factory settings? How do I do that anyway?I have not downloaded anything besides google chrome.& firefox. I thought Internet explorer was just slow but it's obviously that's not all..i also downloaded iTunes which is a problem in itself. I would appreciate the help please ... Before i attempt to do these things on my own lol.Thank you in advanceTera

A:Acer aspire v5 running slow :-(

Hi Tera The slow running of your computer might be a software or an hardware issue. Firstly, reformat & reinstall Windows. To do this, type Acer Recovery Management from the Start Screen (or press Windows key & "S" from the desktop). Next select "Restore Factory Settings" and follow all on screen prompts. This will take quite a while to run. Just remember to back up any documents/pictures firstly. Once Windows has finished installing, remove any programs you wish by going to control panel > Programs & features. If you can't find Control Panel, use the search method as mentioned above, but type "Uninstall a program" If after everything, the computer is still slow, then it may point to an hardware issue. Contact Acer support for your region for further help.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-8-1/Acer-aspire-v5-running-slow/td-p/209983
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello to those who are reading this. I purchased an acer aspire v5 122p-0408. It is slow like a snail!! What do I need to do?I want to delete all the apps it came with. I read somewhere else that I should delete mcafee as well..Should I restore it to factory settings? How do I do that anyway?I have not downloaded anything besides google chrome.& firefox. I thought Internet explorer was just slow but it's obviously that's not all..i also downloaded iTunes which is a problem in itself. I would appreciate the help please ... Before i attempt to do these things on my own lol.Thank you in advanceTera

A:Acer aspire v5 running slow :-(

Hi Tera The slow running of your computer might be a software or an hardware issue. Firstly, reformat & reinstall Windows. To do this, type Acer Recovery Management from the Start Screen (or press Windows key & "S" from the desktop). Next select "Restore Factory Settings" and follow all on screen prompts. This will take quite a while to run. Just remember to back up any documents/pictures firstly. Once Windows has finished installing, remove any programs you wish by going to control panel > Programs & features. If you can't find Control Panel, use the search method as mentioned above, but type "Uninstall a program" If after everything, the computer is still slow, then it may point to an hardware issue. Contact Acer support for your region for further help.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-8-1/Acer-aspire-v5-running-slow/td-p/209983/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 61.49%

I just bought an Aspire ES 15. Just loaded it up. I'm experiencing a surprising amount of lag. I press the start menu and it takes a second to open up. I try to scroll down in a window and its slow, delayed, laggy. It's not what I would expect from a brand new laptop. I can't believe how slow this brand new computer is responding to simple tasks. Is this normal?

A:Aspire ES 15 Running Slow. Brand new.

I am not sure what software your using or how much Ram you have but I would think that it may be that Windows is doing updates and the Ram. Sadly this is something that can happen when it first starts out. I would let it do its thing for a little while and see if after you restart it if it works better.... James 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Aspire-ES-15-Running-Slow-Brand-new/td-p/415231
Relevancy 61.49%

I just bought an Aspire ES 15. Just loaded it up. I'm experiencing a surprising amount of lag. I press the start menu and it takes a second to open up. I try to scroll down in a window and its slow, delayed, laggy. It's not what I would expect from a brand new laptop. I can't believe how slow this brand new computer is responding to simple tasks. Is this normal?

A:Aspire ES 15 Running Slow. Brand new.

I am not sure what software your using or how much Ram you have but I would think that it may be that Windows is doing updates and the Ram. Sadly this is something that can happen when it first starts out. I would let it do its thing for a little while and see if after you restart it if it works better.... James 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Aspire-ES-15-Running-Slow-Brand-new/td-p/415231/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 61.06%

help i have an Aspire E5-571-304m, im not computer savvy, its only 3 months old, was ok when i got it and running on win 8, but with win 8.1 updates it got slower, lagging badly now, and music lags terribly, have restored it to factory setting 4 times, each time trying downloading programs one at a time to see what problem is...but it seems to be inherent as its there from start...help! please feel caught between win 8 & win 10! 

A:aspire E5-571-304M lagging running slow

Run a good virus scanner, like MalwareBytes Anti-Malware, to verify you don't have something nasty dragging it down.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-8-1/aspire-E5-571-304M-lagging-running-slow/td-p/389179
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello thanks for reading So I got this laptop as a gift for college a week ago the first thing I noticed it s that it s pretty old not that powerful but it was a gift so I ll bear with it Still my desktop PC was even older than this laptop 5532 running Aspire too slow Acer and it was nowhere as slow as this laptop is even more so Acer Aspire 5532 running too slow since the PC is full of stuff and the laptop was relatively unused The second thing I noticed after booting it after receiving it was that it couldn t Acer Aspire 5532 running too slow connect to WiFi I did the first thing I though of plug my PC s ethernet cable to it download a driver update software and updated everything that it detected obsolete Turns out the internet driver was outdated and WiFi worked fine afterwards Still I notice the laptop runs very slow Youtube videos lag a lot it s not internet related since download speeds are fine and the browser Firefox can t have more than tabs open with the th taking ages to load It can t run very basic games without stuttering and reading pdfs is a nightmare I ve already ran Malware Antibytes and found nothing tried defragmenting running chkdsk killing consuming processes nad installing TuneUp Utilities not sure if that even works At this point I m open to a factory reset if that will help much to my dismay I don t think my model can be upgraded Here are the specs Acer ASPIRE gb RAM Hz AMD Athlon Processor TF ATI Radeon HD Graphics Running Windows Any help is appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5532-running-too-slow.1167630/
Relevancy 61.06%

help i have an Aspire E5-571-304m, im not computer savvy, its only 3 months old, was ok when i got it and running on win 8, but with win 8.1 updates it got slower, lagging badly now, and music lags terribly, have restored it to factory setting 4 times, each time trying downloading programs one at a time to see what problem is...but it seems to be inherent as its there from start...help! please feel caught between win 8 & win 10! 

A:aspire E5-571-304M lagging running slow

Run a good virus scanner, like MalwareBytes Anti-Malware, to verify you don't have something nasty dragging it down.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-8-1/aspire-E5-571-304M-lagging-running-slow/td-p/389179/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 59.77%

I just got this new laptop! And its running slow like its an old laptop, I have windows7 starter, [just putting that out there] So yeah it runs slow, and choppy, and freezes when I get on the website, and I have to wait for it unfreeze, and then load correctly. Any suggestions how to make it work brand new and fast, and not choppy, My mother has a HP, and it works perfect!! Ugh. Help please. Anyone?..

Relevancy 59.34%

Hello. I've had no problems with this laptop up until recently when it started to freeze randomly. It almost always happens when i leave the computer idle(no mouse or keyboard interactions) for a couple of minutes. It also always freezes when I try to install the eight Windows Updates that I have. The freezing causes the fans to go up to max and forces me to hard restart the computer. Yesterday, I went on for eight hours without any freezes because I was active the whole time. And then, when I leave it for a couple of minutes the freezing starts.Have anyone had similar problems? Could it be something hardware related maybe? Help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-VN7-591G-Windows-8-1-64bit-freezes-when-left-idle/td-p/449683
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello. I've had no problems with this laptop up until recently when it started to freeze randomly. It almost always happens when i leave the computer idle(no mouse or keyboard interactions) for a couple of minutes. It also always freezes when I try to install the eight Windows Updates that I have. The freezing causes the fans to go up to max and forces me to hard restart the computer. Yesterday, I went on for eight hours without any freezes because I was active the whole time. And then, when I leave it for a couple of minutes the freezing starts.Have anyone had similar problems? Could it be something hardware related maybe? Help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-VN7-591G-freezes-when-left-idle/td-p/449683
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi I've got a Acer Aspire notebook that serves me very well just upgraded from bit to bit all going smooth Except my co processor and a few other bits and peices aren't installed im missing the chipset driver easy you say download install it well i wish Acer being Drivers 7 64bit - Windows + 4520 Aspire Acer Ultimate useless as they are their bit win ultimate driver doesn't work complains that it wasn't designed for the os its currently running Drivers - Acer Aspire 4520 + Windows 7 64bit Ultimate on it was apparently designed for windows vista Drivers - Acer Aspire 4520 + Windows 7 64bit Ultimate some vista drivers do work on but not this one ive even run it in compatibility mode no Drivers - Acer Aspire 4520 + Windows 7 64bit Ultimate success the driver that doesn't work is located here Code http global-download acer com GDFiles Driver Chipset Chipset NVIDIA W x A zip acerid amp Step Notebook amp Step Aspire amp Step Aspire amp OS amp LC en amp BC Acer amp SC AAP I need to get this installed because with no drivers it keeps blue screening feeding bad data to kernel etc which is understandable By searching google theres every driver available for the Aspire except the chipset has anyone else got this laptop or over come this problem its driving me mental that every time i get the computer doing multiple tasks i get a blue screen please help there must be some way why would they release every driver but that one Thanks EDIT something else that might help is a screenshot of device mananger it shows what is not installed if i could install these even manually it would solve the issue

A:Drivers - Acer Aspire 4520 + Windows 7 64bit Ultimate

Quote: Originally Posted by armokk

Hi,

I've got a Acer Aspire 4520 notebook, that serves me very well.

just upgraded from 7 32bit to 7 64bit, all going smooth,

Except my co processor and a few other bits and peices aren't installed.. im missing the chipset driver... easy you say? download install it. well i wish...

Acer being useless as they are their 64bit win7 ultimate driver doesn't work. complains that it wasn't designed for the os its currently running on, it was apparently designed for windows vista. some vista drivers do work on 7 but not this one, ive even run it in compatibility mode, no success. the driver that doesn't work is located here

Code:
http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/Chipset/Chipset_NVIDIA_13.11_W7x64_A.zip?acerid=633990342487895794&Step1=Notebook&Step2=Aspire&Step3=Aspire%204520&OS=701&LC=en&BC=Acer&SC=AAP_9
I need to get this installed because with no drivers it keeps blue screening feeding bad data to kernel etc.... which is understandable.

By searching google theres every driver available for the Aspire 4520 except the chipset.... has anyone else got this laptop or over come this problem?

its driving me mental that every time i get the computer doing multiple tasks i get a blue screen.

please help, there must be some way. why would they release every driver but that one?

Thanks

*EDIT*

something else that might help is a screenshot of device mananger it shows what is not installed, if i could install these even manually it would solve the issue

i have no probs with it.i'm using 32 bit.u can find here 4 the driver:

Acer Aspire 4520 4520G Windows 7 Drivers (32-bit) | GetDriver

or
Windows XP and Acer Aspire 4520 - Download Aspire 4520 Windows XP Drivers

hope this can help u....

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/56571-drivers-acer-aspire-4520-windows-7-64bit-ultimate.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi

My girlfriends laptop seems to be acting funny lately. I was wondering would someone mind looking at these and tell me if anything looks wrong!

No Ethernat controller and Printer port in Device manager. DVDRW drive wont work when I go into my Computer and right click and press Eject it does open.

I've service pack 1.

Laptop spec are

Acer Aspire 5742Z
Intel Pentium Processor P6100
15.6 HD LED LCD
Intel HD Garphics
4GB DDR3 Memory
Acer Nplify 802.11b/g/n

I've attached some files of scans I done with Acer Utility. When I go to Acer website it doesn't recognize most of my drivers

A:Acer Aspire 5742Z, Windows 7 64bit home premium advice please!

Back up her data then restore to factory new state using the recovery partition. From the ACER Generic UG

Quote:
Restore
The restore feature allows you to restore or recover the system from a factor
default image or from previously created CD and DVD backups. You can also
reinstall applications and drivers for your Acer system.
1 Click on Start, All Programs , Acer, Acer eRecovery Management.
2 Switch to the Restore page by clicking Restore.
3 You can choose to restore the system from a factory default image or
reinstall applications and drivers.
4 Follow the instructions on screen to complete the process.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/239136-acer-aspire-5742z-windows-7-64bit-home-premium-advice-please.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello I m hoping for a bit of help and advice on this issue before I go taking anything apart or delving into the insides of my laptop or taking it to a repair shop When I turn the laptop on I get the Acer screen and then the top left quarter of the screen goes black and the whole thing freezes see the attachment However when I plug the laptop into my TV screen via HDMI it s absolutely freezing) Acer freezing Aspire (and screen 5750 not fine and starts up no problem Even when I take the cable out once it has started up it works Acer Aspire 5750 screen freezing (and not freezing) fine on just the laptop screen but it s something about the start-up that makes it freeze I also shut it down unplugged the HDMI and started it up again on just the laptop and it worked fine again so really confused about what is going on Has Acer Aspire 5750 screen freezing (and not freezing) anyone come across something like this before I ve attached my computer specs below too Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5750-screen-freezing-and-not-freezing.1168938/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello all,

I've recently purchased a PC with the following specs:

Processor: AMD A4 -4000, 2x 3.00 GHz boxed
Motherboard: AROCK FM2A68M - DG3+
RAM. Kingston 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL11 DIMM SR x8

I use my PC to create webpages, edit some pictures, send and receive emails, word processing etc. I don't use it to edit videos or play Games. I do multitasking however eg. Chrome browser has multiple tabs open, while a Word processor is running. I'd like to know if this PC is good to run Windows 10.

Will appreciate your good input. Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/running-windows-10-64bit-edition-1156122.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have been searching for a solution to my random BSOD's and have not yet to find a solution 7 computer Windows running with 64bit BSOD new Tried running a program suggested to read minidump this is what it showed ntoskrnl exe ntoskrnl exe BSOD with new computer running Windows 7 64bit cfe fffff c c fffff BSOD with new computer running Windows 7 64bit x dd x a bc PM Microsoft Windows Operating System NT Kernel amp System win rtm - Microsoft Corporation C Windows system ntoskrnl exe hal dll fffff c fffff c c x x a bdf PM kdcom dll fffff bce fffff bd x a x a bdfdb PM mcupdate GenuineIntel dll fffff ce fffff d x x a bdf PM PSHED dll fffff d fffff d d x x a be PM Microsoft Windows Operating System Platform Specific Hardware Error Driver win rtm - Microsoft Corporation C Windows system PSHED dll CLFS SYS fffff d d fffff d b x e x a bc d PM CI dll fffff c fffff cc x c x a be d PM Wdf sys fffff e fffff edc x a x a bc f PM WDFLDR SYS fffff edc fffff eeb x f x a bc a PM ACPI sys fffff eeb fffff f x x a BSOD with new computer running Windows 7 64bit bc PM WMILIB SYS fffff f fffff f b x x a bc PM msisadrv sys fffff f b fffff f x a x a bc fe PM pci sys fffff f fffff f x x a bc PM vdrvroot sys fffff f fffff f x d x a bcadb PM partmgr sys fffff f fffff faa x x a bc e PM volmgr sys fffff faa fffff fbf x x a bc d PM volmgrx sys fffff d b fffff df x c x a bc PM pciide sys fffff fbf fffff fc x x a bc PM PCIIDEX SYS fffff fc fffff fd x x a bc PM mountmgr sys fffff fd fffff ff x a x a bc a PM atapi sys fffff ff fffff ff x x a bc PM ataport SYS fffff e fffff e a x a x a bc PM mv xx sys fffff fffff x x c PM SCSIPORT SYS fffff fffff b x f x a bcac PM amdxata sys fffff b fffff c x b x a f eb AM fltmgr sys fffff c fffff f x c x a bc f PM fileinfo sys fffff f fffff x x a bc PM SYMDS SYS fffff fffff x e x a e PM SYMEFA SYS fffff fffff cb x a x acd ba PM Ntfs sys fffff fffff b x a x a bc f PM msrpc sys fffff a fffff x e x a bc c PM ksecdd sys fffff fffff x a x a bc PM cng sys fffff fffff x x a bc PM pcw sys fffff fffff a x x a bc ff PM Fs Rec sys fffff a fffff ae x a x a bc PM ndis sys fffff a fffff x f x a bc PM NETIO SYS fffff fffff f x x a bc a PM ksecpkg sys fffff fffff b x b x a bc a PM tcpip sys fffff fffff a x fd x a bc e PM fwpkclnt sys fffff b fffff x a x a bc PM volsnap sys fffff ae fffff fa x c x a bc PM spldr sys fffff fffff d x x a bb AM rdyboost sys fffff fffff a x a x a bc a PM mup sys fffff d fffff f x x a bc PM hwpolicy sys fffff f fffff x x a bc fa PM fvevol sys fffff a fffff x a x a bc a PM disk sys fffff fffff a x x a bc d PM CLASSPNP SYS fffff b fffff e x x a bc e PM cdrom sys fffff cb fffff f x a x a bc a PM Null SYS fffff fffff a x x a bc PM Beep SYS fffff a fffff a x x a bca d PM vga sys fffff fffff e x e x a bc PM VIDEOPRT SYS fffff fffff x x a bc b PM watchdog sys fffff fffff x x a bc f PM RDPCDD sys fffff fffff e x x a bce PM rdpencdd sys fffff f fffff fe x x a bce PM rdprefmp sys fffff e a fffff e x x a bce PM Msfs SYS fffff cc fffff ccb x b x a bc PM Npfs SYS fffff ccb fffff cdc x x a bc PM tdx sys fffff c fffff c x e x a bc b PM TDI SYS fffff c fffff c x d x a bc e PM afd sys fffff c fffff d b x a x a bc PM netbt sys fffff d b fffff d x x a bc PM wfplwf sys fffff d fffff d x x a bccb PM pacer sys fffff d fffff d f x x a bccc PM vwififlt sys fffff d f fffff d x x a bcc a PM netbios sys fffff d fffff da x f x a bccb PM wanarp sys fffff da fffff dbf x b x a bcced PM termdd sys fffff dbf fffff dd x x a bce PM SRTSPX SYS fffff dd fffff de x x a e a AM rdbss sys fffff c fffff c x x a bc PM nsiproxy sys fffff de fffff df x c x a bc e PM mssmbios sys fffff df fffff dfe x b x a bc be PM IDSvia sys fffff a a fffff af x x ae PM SYMEVENT x SYS fffff af fffff b x x a PM eeCtrl sys fffff b fffff b d x x a e b PM EraserUtilRebootDrv sys fffff b d fffff bc x x a e b PM discache sys fffff bc fffff bd x f x a bc e PM dfsc sys fffff bd fffff bef x e x a bc PM ccHPx sys fffff fffff ac x c x a f PM blbdrive sys fffff ac fffff bd x x a bc df PM B... Read more

A:BSOD with new computer running Windows 7 64bit

[QUOTE=sfarmer14;472584]I have been searching for a solution to my random BSOD's and have not yet to find a solution. Tried running a program suggested to read minidump this is what it showed:[quote]

hi and welcome we need the dmp file itself use these instructions to find it and pload it. http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...d-problem.html

thanks

Ken J+

Code:

ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+12cfe0 fffff800`02c4c000 fffff800`03229000 0x005dd000 0x4a5bc600 7/13/2009 5:40:48 PM Microsoft? Windows? Operating System NT Kernel & System 6.1.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255) Microsoft Corporation C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
hal.dll fffff800`02c03000 fffff800`02c4c000 0x00049000 0x4a5bdf08 7/13/2009 7:27:36 PM
kdcom.dll fffff800`00bce000 fffff800`00bd8000 0x0000a000 0x4a5bdfdb 7/13/2009 7:31:07 PM
mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll fffff880`00ce5000 fffff880`00d29000 0x00044000 0x4a5bdf66 7/13/2009 7:29:10 PM
PSHED.dll fffff880`00d29000 fffff880`00d3d000 0x00014000 0x4a5be027 7/13/2009 7:32:23 PM Microsoft? Windows? Operating System Platform Specific Hardware Error Driver 6.1.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255) Microsoft Corporation C:\Windows\system32\PSHED.dll
CLFS.SYS fffff880`00d3d000 fffff880`00d9b000 0x0005e000 0x4a5bc11d 7/13/2009 5:19:57 PM
CI.dll fffff880`00c00000 fffff880`00cc0000 0x000c0000 0x4a5be01d 7/13/2009 7:32:13 PM
Wdf01000.sys fffff880`00e38000 fffff880`00edc000 0x000a4000 0x4a5bc19f 7/13/2009 5:22:07 PM
WDFLDR.SYS fffff880`00edc000 fffff880`00eeb000 0x0000f000 0x4a5bc11a 7/13/2009 5:19:54 PM
ACPI.sys fffff880`00eeb000 fffff880`00f42000 0x00057000 0x4a5bc106 7/13/2009 5:19:34 PM
WMILIB.SYS fffff880`00f42000 fffff880`00f4b000 0x00009000 0x4a5bc117 7/13/2009 5:19:51 PM
msisadrv.sys fffff880`00f4b000 fffff880`00f55000 0x0000a000 0x4a5bc0fe 7/13/2009 5:19:26 PM
pci.sys fffff880`00f55000 fffff880`00f88000 0x00033000 0x4a5bc117 7/13/2009 5:19:51 PM
vdrvroot.sys fffff880`00f88000 fffff880`00f95000 0x0000d000 0x4a5bcadb 7/13/2009 6:01:31 PM
partmgr.sys fffff880`00f95000 fffff880`00faa000 0x00015000 0x4a5bc11e 7/13/2009 5:19:58 PM
volmgr.sys fffff880`00faa000 fffff880`00fbf000 0x00015000 0x4a5bc11d 7/13/2009 5:19:57 PM
volmgrx.sys fffff880`00d9b000 fffff880`00df7000 0x0005c000 0x4a5bc141 7/13/2009 5:20:33 PM
pciide.sys fffff880`00fbf000 fffff880`00fc6000 0x00007000 0x4a5bc115 7/13/2009 5:19:49 PM
PCIIDEX.SYS fffff880`00fc6000 fffff880`00fd6000 0x00010000 0x4a5bc114 7/13/2009 5:19:48 PM
mountmgr.sys fffff880`00fd6000 fffff880`00ff0000 0x0001a000 0x4a5bc11a 7/13/2009 5:19:54 PM
atapi.sys fffff880`00ff0000 fffff880`00ff9000 0x00009000 0x4a5bc113 7/13/2009 5:19:47 PM
ataport.SYS fffff880`00e00000 fffff880`00e2a000 0x0002a000 0x4a5bc118 7/13/2009 5:19:52 PM
mv61xx.sys fffff880`01043000 fffff880`01089000 0x00046000 0x49c31205 3/19/2009 9:48:21 PM
SCSIPORT.SYS fffff880`01089000 fffff880`010b8000 0x0002f000 0x4a5bcac0 7/13/2009 6:01:04 PM
amdxata.sys fffff880`010b8000 fffff880`010c3000 0x0000b000 0x4a12f... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/50883-bsod-new-computer-running-windows-7-64bit.html
Relevancy 55.47%

My J3G68AV laptop will not operate with the AC Power Adapter only.  I purchased a replacement AC Power Supply thinking perhaps the original was bad, but the new one will not allow the laptop to run without the battery.  The AC Connection light is white when plugged in and the laptop charges when plugged in and in sleep mode.  However, the laptop only runs on battery power even when connected to AC and does not charge while operating.  The power software does not indicate being plugged in and only shows battery remaining while in-use.  The battery test did not indicate any issues with the battery.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/J3G68AV-Running-Windows-10-64bit-will-not-operate-without/td-p/5724207
Relevancy 55.47%

processor vendor id AuthenticAMD cpu family model model name AMD Phenom tm Quad-Core Processor stepping linux is windows pc 64bit 8.1 of ? running capable my microcode x cpu MHz cache size KB physical id siblings core id cpu cores apicid initial apicid fdiv bug no f f bug no coma bug no fpu yes fpu exception yes cpuid level wp yes flags fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse clflush mmx fxsr sse sse ht syscall nx mmxext is my linux pc capable of running 64bit windows 8.1 ? fxsr opt pdpe is my linux pc capable of running 64bit windows 8.1 ? gb rdtscp lm dnowext dnow constant tsc nonstop tsc extd apicid pni monitor cx popcnt lahf lm cmp legacy svm extapic cr legacy abm sse a misalignsse dnowprefetch osvw ibs hw pstate npt lbrv svm lock bogomips clflush size cache alignment address sizes bits physical bits virtual power management ts ttp tm stc mhzsteps hwpstate processor vendor id AuthenticAMD cpu family model model name AMD Phenom tm Quad-Core Processor stepping microcode x cpu MHz cache size KB physical id siblings core id cpu cores apicid initial apicid fdiv bug no f f bug no coma bug no fpu yes fpu exception yes

A:is my linux pc capable of running 64bit windows 8.1 ?

How much do you have on RAM? What is the current capacity of your HDD? How old is your PC?
If you could provide this info then it will be more helpful!

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/40516-my-linux-pc-capable-running-64bit-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I read previous posts. They were old and it wouldn't let me post to it. I'm sure this is redundant for you. I have Windows Business 64bit. I want to run AutoCad 2009 32bit. Windows compatibility site lists only 64bit as compatible. It is a very expensive software. Anything else I can do? My specs are loaded. Thanks, streamsaver

A:Running 32 bit programs again on Windows Vista 64bit

Hello streamsaver,
Take a look here, it lists AutoCAD 2009 as being compatible with both x32 and x64 Vista.
Have you tried to install it ?.
Hope this helps, good luck and post your results.

Windows Vista Compatibility Autodesk AutoCAD 2009

http://www.vistax64.com/software/252219-running-32-bit-programs-again-windows-vista-64bit.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Greetings everyone I have searched the web have tried several solutions but nothing worked and I have no clue how to open Windows Process programs 7 64bit: don't running, but solve this problem - gt hence I turn to experts The Problem Some applications Windows 7 64bit: Process running, but programs don't open won't start They are shown in the task manager but the software does not run and can also be not stopped once started What I have tried so far I followed the Solutions described here in a previous thread http www sevenforums com crashes-d dont-open html Result Deactivating all startups services etc the same way as described - gt no improvement Running malwarebytes has revealed a trojan infection that my avira software had not detected Also a Windows 7 64bit: Process running, but programs don't open complete system scans has been completed in safe mode As a standard eversince I installed Win I previously performed regular complete system scans under Windows But also booting with the Avira Rescue System What I have noticed The metioned applications run when Win x is in safe mode Here I compared active services The only difference between the list in safe and in normal mode is that in normal mode the Avira Scheduler as well as the Avira Real Time services where active I could not find a way to deacivate those services in normal mode Does anyone know what the source of the problem is What is the liklyhood that Malware is involved Should I use the Win CD repair option Will that be a permanent solution Thank you in advance Pook

A:Windows 7 64bit: Process running, but programs don't open

Hi I solved the issue: When trying to reinstall Avira Antivir, i noticed that although all should have been previously unistalled Avira Desktop was still registered as installed by the avira installer but not by the windows. Then, I downloaded avira registry cleaner, removed antivir completly from the system before activating the cleaner. The problem persisted. Then I manually searched the registry for anything related to avira and found a key that still targeted the old repository. After manually deleting it and then reinstalling avira antivir, everything worked as it should.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/195294-windows-7-64bit-process-running-but-programs-dont-open.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi all I have an A - i and I had to install Windows bit for now i have just gb of ram but i'm going to increase up to the reason why i installed a bit is that in this manner i will be able to use all the ram instead of just gb of it of course for now i didn't expect a super-fast pc with just gb but issue RAM 64bit 7 Windows A200-1i7 running Satellite what i have is a SUPERSLOW one the main problem is that the ram usage easily goes up to gb but even when it's at gb the pc is reeaally slow and the CPU usage is also always high is Satellite A200-1i7 RAM issue running Windows 7 64bit that normal what i have to do is just to add more RAM actually I don't think so it seems there is a more important issue and i think it's about drivers in fact no WIN bit drivers are available on the Toshiba website and all the stuff I found on the internet eventually didn't work the result is that i have for instance Intel Chipset Family driver September Display generic Plug amp Play June BIOS v April so the questions become - do you have any idea Satellite A200-1i7 RAM issue running Windows 7 64bit why my pc is so slow hardware issues should be excluded because i have another partition with xp bit and it goes perfectly - honestly can I run a good system with this laptop and windows bit - if yes can you indicate me wich drivers should I install and where to find them thank you

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?88516-Satellite-A200-1i7-RAM-issue-running-Windows-7-64bit
Relevancy 55.04%

So as the title suggests my pc is using very little ram Here's a quick run down on whats been happening I upgraded my computer in July mobo CPU and kept my existing ram Had a number of issues windows 7 sp1 usage of ram install Low 64bit after repair running which turned out to be related to a faulty graphics card amp EVGA software Ram usage was up to gb total used when playing flight sim x amp Low ram usage after running repair install of windows 7 64bit sp1 prepar d Purchased a another kit of x gb Kingston ram which installed fine With flight sims running max Low ram usage after running repair install of windows 7 64bit sp1 ram usage hit gb fine coz I've got gb Then I needed to do a repair install of windows but as I used my original OEM disc which didn't have service pack on it I entered my OEM key into the Microsoft website amp download win pro bit sp COEM Burned to disc and ran the repair install and after the repair install my ram usage with flight sims running only hits about gb max I'm just curious to know what has caused this drop in ram usage All I can find on Google is help for people who are having the opposite effect and their pc is using too much memory Look forward to some answers Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/384167-low-ram-usage-after-running-repair-install-windows-7-64bit-sp1.html
Relevancy 54.61%

If anybody can help with the above message.

The machine was returned from a client giving the message above after the power was pulled from the system.

Machine specs are:-
Asus P8H67-M LE Rev3.0 Motherboard
Intel Core i3 2120, S1155, Sdy Bridge, 3.3GHz
Corsair DDR3 PC3-10600 (1333MHz) 4GB kit (2GBx2)
500GB Seagate ST3500413AS Barracuda 7200
1GB Gainward G 210 Video Card
Samsung SH-S223Q/BEBN DVD RW
Lindy 1 Port RS232 PCI Card
Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit SP1 (Genuine Disc & Key)

Attached are the MGADiag and CBS reports from the system. Apologies for the CBS in a zip, but it exceeded the file size limit.

Any assistance that can be provided would be greatly appreciated and if any more information is required, please let me know.

A:Windows 7 64BIT 'This computer is not running genuine Windows'

This may simply be caused by a bad set of Intel Rapid Storage Technology drivers -

Installing the Intel Rapid Storage Drivers
try downloading and installing them from here - http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=2101&DwnldID=21730

(you want the iata_enu.exe download)

Once complete, please reboot twice, then post another MGADiag report.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/284777-windows-7-64bit-computer-not-running-genuine-windows.html
Relevancy 54.18%

So I have this new laptop (Windows 10 version) and I have a windows 7 install kit on a usb (yes I got it legally), and I can't seem to get the bios or boot menu to help me run it on loadup. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions I would love to hear about them.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Aspire-ES-15-isn-t-running-windows-7-install-from-usb/td-p/439024/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 54.18%

So I have this new laptop (Windows 10 version) and I have a windows 7 install kit on a usb (yes I got it legally), and I can't seem to get the bios or boot menu to help me run it on loadup. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions I would love to hear about them.

A:Aspire ES 15 isn't running windows 7 install from ...

Have you tried disabling the secure boot option? Jack E/NJ

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Aspire-ES-15-isn-t-running-windows-7-install-from-usb/td-p/439024
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi
after downloading Norton 360 Version 5 , and doing all the updates , it showed me a message that says do you will need to do some work on your own by going to this page and then download FixTDSS.exe

After running FixTDSS.exe and restarting the system, the Windows won't work so I tried to fix that by repairing but no success, so if I do the restore point it will delete my norton 360 and I will have the same problems all over again.

I am using right now my same computer but with live Ubuntu.

please advice

A:after running FixTDSS.exe from Norton Windows 7 64bit wont start

Hello Abdullah85,Welcome to Bleeping Computer.I'll move the topic to the appropriate forum.For x32 (x86) bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive.For x64 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 and save it to a flash drive.Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.Enter System Recovery Options. To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:Restart the computer.As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.Choose your language settings, and then click Next.Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.Select your user account and click Next.To enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc:Insert the installation disc.Restart your computer.If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings.Click Repair your computer.Choose your language settings, and then click Next.Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.Select your user account an click Next.On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:Startup RepairSystem RestoreWindows Complete PC RestoreWindows Memory Diagnostic ToolCommand Prompt[*]Select Command Prompt[*]In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.[*]The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.[*]Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.[*]In the command window type e:\frst.exe (for x64 bit version type e:\frst64) and press Enter Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.[*]The tool will start to run.[*]When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.[*]Press Scan button.[*]It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive. Please copy and paste it to your reply.[/list]

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/429000/after-running-fixtdssexe-from-norton-windows-7-64bit-wont-start/
Relevancy 54.18%

Every time I start Windows a bunch of Windows Premium running 7 tasks starts want 64bit I Home not do tasks I don't want start themselves Some are in the tray some are running in the TASK MANAGER I then go to CCleaner that has a STARTUP tool that allows me to DISABLE or DELETE but I delete which I do to all except my Anti-virus and Firewall When I install a program I DO check quot do not load at startup quot but they seem to ignore it Windows 7 64bit Home Premium starts tasks I do not want running load their tasks anyway For example now I have CCleaner crashreporter exe SiteAdvisor Sink to receive asynchronous calls Cyberlink Snagit etc Most of these I think are agents to restart them but chances are I will not use in this session and they take up memory etc I can go to the Task Manager and quot end process quot for this session and DELETE them from CCleaner Startup but at reboot there they are again IS THERE anyway to tell Windows STOP or ask me or something to exclude tasks from automatically starting

A:Windows 7 64bit Home Premium starts tasks I do not want running

Go to start button, then go to run
In run type msconfig then OK
In misconfig go to start up
Then check the ones you want to start up
Boot computer
What happens
If that does not work, it usually means that the program is made to be an automatic start up. In that case not much you can do.
Site Advisor you will need at start up or it cannot do its job

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/358502-windows-7-64bit-home-premium-starts-tasks-i-do-not-want-running.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,

As of last month I've had alot of issues with my wireless connection, it started on one of my laptops running Intel Wifi 5100 then it happend on my other running Intel Wifi 6200, both built in adapters.

Router is d-link dir-655 with firmware 1.33 when problems started, now it's running 1.34

WPA2 for security over the wireless

Updated both my laptopts to latest driver 13.1.1.1 from Intel but its still same problem.
Sometimes it detects the wireless network but can't connect, sometimes it can connect but drops connection after exactly 2minutes.

Tried with another router, same issues there.

Re-installed the laptop with the 5100-built-in card to win7pro 32bit, still same error just that its NETw5v32 spamming eventlog.

Anyone got any ides?

A:NETw5v64 error on INtel wifi running windows 7 32 and 64bit

Quote: Originally Posted by lajbans

Hi,

As of last month I've had alot of issues with my wireless connection, it started on one of my laptops running Intel Wifi 5100 then it happend on my other running Intel Wifi 6200, both built in adapters.

Router is d-link dir-655 with firmware 1.33 when problems started, now it's running 1.34

WPA2 for security over the wireless

Updated both my laptopts to latest driver 13.1.1.1 from Intel but its still same problem.
Sometimes it detects the wireless network but can't connect, sometimes it can connect but drops connection after exactly 2minutes.

Tried with another router, same issues there.

Re-installed the laptop with the 5100-built-in card to win7pro 32bit, still same error just that its NETw5v32 spamming eventlog.

Anyone got any ides?

if updating the driver did not work, you might want to try this:
Go to Control Panel->System->Hardware Tab->Device Manager. Select Intel Pro under Network Adapters. Right Click and Select Properties, then under power manager, you can uncheck the box that say:
"Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

You might want to update power manager driver from the manufactue's site

~Tuan

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/93999-netw5v64-error-intel-wifi-running-windows-7-32-64bit.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi
after downloading Norton 360 Version 5 , and doing all the updates , it showed me a message that says do you will need to do some work on your own by going to this page and then download FixTDSS.exe

After running FixTDSS.exe and restarting the system, the Windows won't work so I tried to fix that by reparing but no success, so if I do the restore point it will delete my norton 360 and I will have the same problems all over again.

I am using right now my same computer but with live Ubuntu.

please advice

A:after running FixTDSS.exe from Norton Windows 7 64bit wont start

Hello Faf90,

* Are you using the free trial or paid version of Norton?

* Did you have a preinstalled Anti Virus program on your computer when it was new?
If so how was it removed?

*What other Anti Virus programs have you used prior to this Norton install?

* Have you sought any advice from Norton Support or Norton Community?
I would imagine they may have met a similar problem before & I suspect should be able to advise you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/198815-after-running-fixtdss-exe-norton-windows-7-64bit-wont-start.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey, I recently removed a bunch of spyware and virus issues that were frequently causing my desktop to bluescreen and slow down but after removing these none of my exe files seem to open anymore in Windows anymore, has anyone faced a similar issue? I'm close to reinstalling but I have a lot of important things and if possible I would not like to go down that route. Thanks in advance!

A:Windows 7 64bit not running exe files after spyware/virus clean

Think I've pinned it down to just 32bit applications not running! As 64bit ones seem fine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/120872-windows-7-64bit-not-running-exe-files-after-spyware-virus-clean.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Aspire E1-572 has blank screen. Running Windows 7. Acer logo comes up but then all blank. Checked battery is OK. Can get to System menus by tapping F2 or F12 or F8 but screen is still blank. Please help!

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-7/Aspire-E1-572-has-blank-screen-Running-Windows-7-Acer-logo-comes/td-p/439320/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 53.75%

Aspire E1-572 has blank screen. Running Windows 7. Acer logo comes up but then all blank. Checked battery is OK. Can get to System menus by tapping F2 or F12 or F8 but screen is still blank. Please help!

A:Aspire E1-572 has blank screen. Running Windows 7....

Try using the F8 to boot into safe mode. It may be that you're set to only use an external monitor instead of the builtin display.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-7/Aspire-E1-572-has-blank-screen-Running-Windows-7-Acer-logo-comes/td-p/439320
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi
My son has an Acer Aspire 6930g running on xp.
Upto a couple of weeks ago he was happily running his blu rays using cyberlink 10 powerdvd when he announce that they no longer played. No disc found. Normal Dvds continue to run ok.
I have tried uninstalling the programme and reinstalling but that didnt seem to work.
Before i conclude that maybe the blu ray sensor has gone is there anything else i could try (- yes i have also tried cleaning the sensor and blowing away any possible dust) Do get suspicious that it all happens as the promotions for powerdvd13 flood in each time we open powerdvd lol.
Any suggestions welcome    ty for your time

A:a Acer aspire 6930g and was running on windows xp

I would presume that if it work before and all the disc are still scratch free, then the read layer function of the drive is not working anymore.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/490850/a-acer-aspire-6930g-and-was-running-on-windows-xp/
Relevancy 53.75%

I get a good download speed , however it takes lot time to open up websites in IE8 .. I scanned my computer , no virus at all . I am on 64 bit OS . Should i roll back to 32 bit ? Need help

A:IE 8 slow on 64bit Windows 7

I have 32bit
but mine was taking 20 sec to open and same for a new tab
they said restore to another point but I did not
a few days later it was taking 45sec and i ignored it
yesterday i was using instant messenger and somebody sent me a link which opened with IE
I realized it opened normally

I have no idea what happened, I have not done anything I can think would have had any effect
it just seemsto work better again
If you can, use another browser and ignore it for a week

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/44069-ie-8-slow-64bit-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 53.75%

ok, so i bought a new mobo a while back with the 5750. So, i was planning on getting another 5750. However, i just recently found out that when i crossfire both of the cards will run at 8x.
so, is one 5750 running at 16x the same as 5750 running at 8x, and how much of a difference would there be?

A:5750 at 16x, same thing as 2 5750 at 8x?

Theoretically the dual cards will perform better. The limited bandwidth doesn't hit the performance too hard. The real problem is that Crossfire and SLi still aren't taking full advantage of both cards (the games do not support it well, scaling is what it is.. Sometimes up to 80-90% benefit, sometimes pretty much no benefit at all from the second card)
Pretty bad situation for you, 5750 CF isn't really worth it in many purposes, 5850 costs too much and 5770 isn't significantly better than 5750)...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/5750-at-16x-same-thing-as-2-5750-at-8x.894978/
Relevancy 53.32%
Relevancy 53.32%

I've read that lots of people are having trouble with this, and now me too! Has anybody figured out which driver to use? Thanks in advance!

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/sound-driver-for-Aspire-VN7-792G-running-Windows-7/td-p/440418/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 53.32%

Problems with my Acer Aspire Hello I was wondering if somebody could help me with some problems I m having with my Acer Aspire run on Windows So here s the problem about a couple months ago I went to go onto my computer turned it on and 7 Windows problems on Acer my (sort running of) with Serious Aspire I noticed it was acting a bit slow so as I go to click on the internet it freezes up And I wait for it for a good ten minutes to see if it will do anything but no So I was forced to crash it Serious problems with my Acer Aspire (sort of) running on Windows 7 I turn it back on and it does the same thing It was very frustrating So I used quot Safe Mode with Networking quot so Serious problems with my Acer Aspire (sort of) running on Windows 7 I could do all my basic internet stuff But I tried to go back on regular and see if I could create a restore point It restarted and everything fine but only for about ten minutes And I ve tried and tried to do it again and I just can t take it anymore I don t have the money to have anyone fix it I just need some help I don t know what s wrong with it If someone could please tell me if they know how to fix this problem I would GREATLY appreciate it This problem happens all the time not just for the internet but any program I would just like to be able to use my computer on normal mode INSTEAD of safe mode Safe mode is so annoying big giant screen no sound unable to use half of my programs including my Zune software I cannot even update my Zune MP player because safe mode won t read it Also the disk drive doesn t even work Anyone know what the problem is with my computer as to why I cannot use it in regular mode without it freezing and me having to crash it Thanks nbsp

A:Serious problems with my Acer Aspire (sort of) running on Windows 7

Closing duplicate, please reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-7/1017513-problems-my-acer-aspire.html

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/serious-problems-with-my-acer-aspire-sort-of-running-on-windows-7.1017613/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi , I just bought a laptop last month and it boot up very slow at the screen ''starting windows'' 30sec and log into the desktop background still need long time to wait the programs and wifi reciever to boot...
Laptop spec
2nd generation Core I5-2430m 2.4ghz-3.0ghz 2core 4 threads 3mb cache
640gb HDD 5400rpm
4gb ram DDR3 1333mhz 2x2gb
AMD readon hd6470m 1gb ddr3 graphic
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

I tried many ways like change setting in ''msconfig'' to timeout 30-3 but nothing happen and i stopped many program that i no use?

Anyone help?

A:Windows 7 HP 64bit boot up slow

Uncheck everything other than the antivirus in the msconfig startup tab, and see if it changes the situation .

Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/210123-windows-7-hp-64bit-boot-up-slow.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello my windows xp 64 bit computer is taking forever to respond to anything. I have not done anything other than run Malwarebyte and got 15 infections. Thanks for looking into my issue.

A:Windows XP 64bit computer is very slow

Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt=============================================================================Please download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and be sure to re-enable your anti-virus, Firewall and any other security programs you had disabled.IMPORTANT! If for some reason GMER refuses to run, try again.If it still fails, try to UN-check "Devices" in right pane.If still no joy, try to run it from Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/425787/windows-xp-64bit-computer-is-very-slow/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi I am at a total loss here My PC has suddenly gone SLOW I have ran every anti virus and malware you can think of in safe mode Done a check disk Defragged Stuck My problems are slow or hanging shut down or boot Windows Mail is very slow to respond on start up hanging on signing in Internet slow Using google chrome I get quot resolving host quot at bottom of page and takes a while to load Internet Explorer just hangs and doesnt seem to want to load anything no indication I have internet problem as I m using this PC to send this Installing and Uninstalling programs takes forever and seem to hang Went through the Windows start up repair but it found no problems Have Microsoft security essentials updating but the progress bar is hardly moving Microsoft Update behaving same as above If I do a Windows repair on the DVD it gives me options Online or not If I go Online it will just hang like the options above Tried sfc scannow and get Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service I googled this and the service reuired is running ff to work now Windows suddenly 64bit slow 7 gone but will run my scans again while I m away Good one this isn t it Hope someone can help Ian Edwards PS Just tried my scans I ve ran virus checkers in safe mode Norton Internet security found nothing Super Anti Spyware Found nothing Malware found nothing TDSSKiller found quot I Windows system Drivers sptd sys - quarantined

A:Windows 7 64bit suddenly gone slow

Hi first rerun TDDSkiller and if something is there select cure.If nothing then we need a deeper look. Please go here....Preparation Guide ,do steps 6 - 9.Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9,which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.If Gmer won't run,skip it and move on.Let me know if that went well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/343284/windows-7-64bit-suddenly-gone-slow/
Relevancy 52.89%

Ok for the past few weeks I had been getting a message that said a resource was missing but I stupidly never wrote down what specifically was gone It said that it could not open the Dell Dock because of it and windows explorer was running slow at times and restarting periodically It but was now Vista but running is incredibly not running, Windows is, slow finally did this for about three weeks then two nights ago the computer froze so I reset it and it started on the green bar then black screen loop I tried running it in safe mode no dice and all other alternate boot options It would Windows Vista was not running, but finally is, but is now running incredibly slow hang up each time Finally I was able to get the system restore wizard up this was earlier today and reset the system to how it was days ago It actually opened Vista but in low res mode and everything is painfully slow except for the internet which runs at normalish speeds Windows Vista was not running, but finally is, but is now running incredibly slow Are there any possible causes or solutions for this I have a Dell Inspiron and Windows Vista Home Premium bit nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-was-not-running-but-finally-is-but-is-now-running-incredibly-slow.873171/
Relevancy 52.46%

I'm wondering if I should get the BIOS update from Acer for my laptop.
I've been having some audio stutter issues that seem to be fixed by disabling the LAN from 'device manager' (a pretty common problem and solution, apparently).

I just wonder if getting a BIOS update will make my computer more stable, because I don't want to have to keep disabling my LAN just to stop audio stutter and, in some cases, spikes in the CPU usage.
Is it safe to update my BIOS? Would I need to back-up any data before I do it?

A:BIOS Update for Acer Aspire 7720 running windows 7

Crazyedd, BIOS updates usually list info on what the update fixes. If it states that it can fix your audio issue then you should do it. If not, update your complete specs, using the link under my sig, and post in the sound and audio thread and a member will help you. Also make sure your drivers are up to date.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/285496-bios-update-acer-aspire-7720-running-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 52.46%

My Acer Aspire running Windows 7 and using an ethernet cable can't find an internet connection. It was working fine then I downloaded a pre-loaded version of Microsoft Office 10 suites and the next time I tried to get online the connection was gone. I didn't download the Office from the internet so I can't imagine it is a virus but I don't know what could have happened. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A:Acer Aspire running Windows 7 won't find an internet connection

Quote: Originally Posted by mfort212

My Acer Aspire running Windows 7 and using an ethernet cable can't find an internet connection. It was working fine then I downloaded a pre-loaded version of Microsoft Office 10 suites and the next time I tried to get online the connection was gone. I didn't download the Office from the internet so I can't imagine it is a virus but I don't know what could have happened. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Suggestion :
Do a system restore> Pick the date before you " downloaded a pre-loaded MS Office " as your restore point.
Hopefully, that will give you back access to internet.

>>>> I downloaded a pre-loaded version of Microsoft Office 10 suites......

Were you trying to say that your computer had a pre-installed " trial version " of Microsoft Office 2010 when you first bought your computer. Trial version has since expired, and you tried to download a full paid version of the Microsoft Office 2010 ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/169791-acer-aspire-running-windows-7-wont-find-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have an aspire z5600 2/1, running windows 10. For some reason, there are two cursors on my screen. How can I remove them?

A:I have an aspire z5600 2/1, running windows 10. How can I remove one of the two cursors on my screen

Originally Posted by lilsoup05 I have an aspire z5600 2/1, running windows 10. For some reason, there are two cursors on my screen. How can I remove them? and both are functional? Do you have a mouse attached?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441095-i-have-aspire-z5600-2-1-running-windows-10-how-can-i-remove-one-two-cursors-my-screen.html
Relevancy 52.46%

hello....my language are worese but i really need you help.....i just format my notebook acer aspire 4540 but have running problem......it lagging every 1 minute.....when i open music or video,it also have same problem,stuck sometimes,grinding sound......i already upadate new bios and new driver,still have the same problem.....how can i stop this grinding sound and stuck problem?pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.........

*windows 7,not windows vista

A:running problem windows vista to acer aspire 4540

I really need help.......

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/114584-running-problem-windows-vista-acer-aspire-4540-a.html
Relevancy 52.46%

hi i recently got a acer aspire T180 and would like to upgrade it from Ubuntu 14.04 to windows 7 as i prefer it, but i need to know if it is actually possible and if so how do i do it? and can i use the product key that came with the PC as it says it used
to run windows vista, yet i cant find any sign of vista...?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0b0a4396-9e10-4916-b4d7-8b6405d4d8b4/i-just-got-a-acer-aspire-t180-that-is-running-ubuntu-1404-and-would-like-to-install-windows-7?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 52.46%

AMDFX(tm)8350 eight ciore 64bit + win7pro64bit. I hoped to keep it up with several terabytes of HDs with photo and video. Windows 7 pro 64 bit is working very slow. It can not even browse the directories for 30 seconds and start up the video for minutes. Turning of indexing doesn't help. If there is some hope to speed up this computer and how much HDD should I have to be able to handle it with windows7pro?
Thank you for sharing your experience in advance!

A:Windows 7 pro 64bit amd 2terrabites HDs slow in WinExplor

run this please and paste the results to your reply
http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-pro-64bit-amd-2terrabites-hds-slow-in-winexplor.1156693/
Relevancy 52.46%

My friend was on my computer and swears she didn't download anything but something happened I ran tddskiller and it found a rootkit and removed it Then I ran esset online and let it clean-up what it found Then malware-bytes and let it clean-up And thought everything would be fine but I was wrong and like a fool I didn't save any of the logs because it seemed ok for a few days now it don't want to boot up I am way in over my head I would appreciate any help I have just run a fresh dds log I cant even use the pc Windows after really 64bit 7 slow removal rootkit so if I cant get it going soon I am going to just do a system restore Thanks in advance Jess DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by Jessica at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV avast Antivirus Disabled Updated AD D -BA - C - - A AD B SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP avast Antivirus Disabled Updated ACCC CA - C - C - B -AFE D E Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System Windows 7 64bit really slow after rootkit removal svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files x LogMeIn x LMIGuardianSvc exe C Program Files x Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files x LogMeIn x RaMaint exe C Program Files x LogMeIn x LogMeIn exe C Program Files x LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files x Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exe C Program Files x Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBUpdate qbupdate exe C Program Files x Intuit QuickBooks QBW EXE C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files x Neat exec NeatStartupService exe C Windows system ptumlcmsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBCFMonitorService exe C Program Files x Common Files Intuit DataProtect QBIDPService exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exe C Windows system locator exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C PROGRA COMMON X Common x nets exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MAIDEASY MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MAIDEASY MSSQL Binn fdlauncher exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MAIDEASY MSSQL Binn fdhost exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSRS MAIDEASY Reporting Services ReportServer bin ReportingServicesService exe c Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Windows System WUDFHost exe C Windows explorer exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report BHO AutorunsDisabled - lt orphaned gt BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer C E -B - BC - - C CA - C ProgramData Real RealPlayer BrowserRecordPlugin IE rpbrowserrecordplugin dll BHO avast Online Security E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Windows Live Messeng... Read more

A:Windows 7 64bit really slow after rootkit removal

Here is a fresh mbam log any help on what to do next would be greatly appreciated. I am just waiting for the next command to do what ever it takes to get me back to running smooth if you think I should restore from disk then let me know. I am about to that point anyway thinking I should just start fresh with a clean install of windows 7.

Thanks,
Jess

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75.0.1300www.malwarebytes.org
Database version: v2013.10.19.05
Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 NTFS
Internet Explorer 10.0.9200.16721
Jessica :: Jessica-PC [administrator]
10/19/2013 2:11:43 PM
mbam-log-2013-10-19 (14-11-43).txt
Scan type: Full scan (C:\|D:\|)
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
Scan options disabled: P2P
Objects scanned: 396471
Time elapsed: 42 minute(s), 1 second(s)
Memory Processes Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)
Memory Modules Detected: 0
Registry Keys Detected: 0
Registry Values Detected: 0
Registry Data Items Detected: 0
Folders Detected: 0
Files Detected: 0
(end)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511276/windows-7-64bit-really-slow-after-rootkit-removal/
Relevancy 52.46%

I'm running Windows Professional -bit It was running fast a year ago About half a year ago it slowed down dramatically during boot and the follow minutes I can't figure out why I've done the following to no avail ran antivirus Security Essentials and antimalware Malwarebytes programs no problems found cleaned up unused files and defragmented HDD no noticeable change did a clean boot still had the issue formatted HDD and reinstalled Windows twice issue still slow, is Windows 7 problem find can't 64bit present from beginning both times replaced HDD SATA cables and RAM issue still present utilized all the troubleshooter programs built in Windows 7 64bit is slow, can't find problem Windows no problems found ran a CPU scan passed Reset BIOS no change Updated BIOS directly from ASRock no change Ran Disk Check no change Interestingly I have another HDD in which I put the Windows Tech Preview on It runs perfectly That same HDD was previously in my system with Windows on it and the problems were still present Other info Processor Intel Core i Motherboard ASRock Z Pro RAM x GB DDR MHz default set at MHz Graphics GeForce GTX Ti Any help to get my computer running fast again is greatly appreciated

A:Windows 7 64bit is slow, can't find problem

Hi FofR

Welcome to 7 forums.
You did a pretty good job troubleshooting on your own.
Have you checked your RAM? . . .Ahh yes I just noticed that in your post.

Does the problem persist in Safe mode?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/358611-windows-7-64bit-slow-cant-find-problem.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Been having an issue lately with windows 7 taking a huge dump beginning at the "starting windows" screen after wards it can take upwards to 5-7 min just to get to the log in screen.

I have done a diag startup through msconfig with it staying the same time...

I ran sfc scannow but it only gets to 2% before it just finishes, I checked the sfcdetails log and it doesn't indicate any files that are a problem. sfc verify only gets too 100% but there are still no files that show up in the details file, even though it says there are problems...

Any advice would be amazing, if you need any more details let me know

thanks!

A:Very slow startup 5 min+ Windows 7 ultimate 64bit

Hello Akirael an welcome mate another chkdsk you could try is - Start > Computer > right click on C: drive > click on Properties > Tools > Check now > in options tick both boxes and the hit Start. It will tell you the disk is iin use and the cjheck will start on the next boot up - just restart and it will run see my pic. The screen will be in black and white (DOS)

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/275267-very-slow-startup-5-min-windows-7-ultimate-64bit.html
Relevancy 52.03%

A
Laptop boots up, I log in and then screen goes blank. Same thing with every reboot. The last thing I did was run a virus scan with avast. Acer laptop aspire V5-171 running Windows 8. Please help, thanks

A:Solved: black screen after log in on Acer aspire laptop running windows 8

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-black-screen-after-log-in-on-acer-aspire-laptop-running-windows-8.1142421/