Windows Support Forum

cannot start event viewer "Error code 1899"

Q: cannot start event viewer "Error code 1899"

Hi All,

I've had an issue with Event viewer unable to start due to "endpoint mapper database entry could not be created" Error 1899. I have done a SFC and have had some but not all issues fixed, I have a log of the result and maybe could post if needed. I've also done a system restore to a previous working config but no luck, the problem still persists. Has anyone had experience with this issue and know a fix for it?

Regards
Hiconic

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: cannot start event viewer "Error code 1899"

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: cannot start event viewer "Error code 1899"

It's no wonder people slag off Microsoft for the lack of support. This issue has effectively stopped me from doing any back up on my PC as without the Event logging service or Event viewer service running the Back up cannot be set as it's dependent on these services which are hog tied by this endpoint mapper issue! Another Windows endless catch 22 loop!!

I can't believe no one has anything to offer on this issue! I've seen this issue raised on several forums but as yet no one seems to have the solution, which begs the question where are all the experts out there specializing in Windows 7? Suddenly, nothing happened!!

Hiconic

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/311430-cannot-start-event-viewer-error-code-1899-a.html
Relevancy 86.8%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has report viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" Whole Solved: (PLEASE computer .. event have anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R GM Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc FF HWPLLB CN S Antivirus McAfee VirusScan Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Disable nbsp

A:Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please.981934/
Relevancy 85.87%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music report (PLEASE event have HELP) Whole .. viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" computer and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP) drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP)

**(DONT KNOW IF THIS WILL HELP..)***

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2250 @ 1.73GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 502 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family, 224 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 39723 MB, Free - 23484 MB; D: Total - 12684 MB, Free - 3633 MB;

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please-help.981932/
Relevancy 81.22%

My Windows configuration is relatively bullet proof ha ha nervous laughter My OS and programs are on C which I image using RDriveImage every month after Patch Tuesday My data is on software-mirrored D F drives So as long as I don't have a catastrophic event affecting my computer a routine quot drive failure quot should be recoverable with the worst-case being I'd be out a month of updates but with a good recent image of the OS drive Anyway I was recently looking at my event viewer and I have quot Disk errors quot that occur whenever I run a full image of C to when event invisible "Disk error" viewer, hard except drive imaging The complete error text is Quote Log Name System Source Disk Date PM Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer xxxxxx Description The driver detected a controller error on Device Harddisk DR Event Xml lt Event xmlns "Disk error" invisible except to event viewer, when imaging hard drive quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Disk quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt xxxxx lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt Device Harddisk DR lt Data gt lt Binary gt E B C D D C FFFFFFFF C E A FAFFFF A FAFFFF lt Binary gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt There were two errors in February none before that three in March four each in May and July In April and June I did incremental images so the quot bad quot area wasn't imaged so no error With all the above as background what's the safest way for me to isolate and or repair the area s of the disk with the errors The errors are always logged within - seconds of each other so I suspect it's just one bad area And I have never ever seen signs of a disk error No BSOD no clicking noises no impaired performance even for a moment

A:"Disk error" invisible except to event viewer, when imaging hard drive

Try going into your BIOS to see what it has to say about the drive. Some BIOS's can read the drive's SMART status and can run tests on it. You could also download the disk manufacturer's drive diagnostics to check it out. Or see what Seatools (from Seagate) has to say about it:

SeaTools | Seagate

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/240332-disk-error-invisible-except-event-viewer-when-imaging-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 80.91%

I have had recurring "Errors" in my Event Viewer files that reference "Application hang" and Category 101/Event 1002 OR Catergory (none)/ Event 1001. Can some one enlighten me as to what may be the cause of this problem. Thanks. {redoak}

Relevancy 80.91%

Hello I guess this isn't a huge issue since its more of an annoyance than anything I uninstalled Internet Explorer and configured my Indexing Options so it wouldn't include the location used for IE history I thought But this error pops up from time to time in the Event Viewer I have searched so many places for clues but came up with nothing so I turned here Not sure of the easiest format to display the errors and settings so here is a compiled image of the Event Viewer and Indexing Options http Event Error Search "iehistory://" Viewer i tinypic com w kdg jpg Correct me if I'm wrong but I understand that the Gatherer can't find the file location because it doesn't exist I tried searching the internet for quot S- - - - - - - quot but no results came up But after searching my computer I found a quot S- - - - - - - UserData bin quot file in the C Windows System wdi a b- c d- ddf-a c- faa Event Viewer Search Error "iehistory://" d directory Not Event Viewer Search Error "iehistory://" sure what this means although I'm not going to try deleting it Is this something that just happens if you uninstall Internet Explorer or could it have been caused when I used Event Viewer Search Error "iehistory://" CCleaner and it was still set to remove IE data even though it was uninstalled Again this isn't a critical thing so if no solution can be found no worries Just thought I'd ask thanks

A:Event Viewer Search Error "iehistory://"

Hello !!

Since Internet Explorer's rendering engine is also used throughout Windows and with third-party applications as an embeddable component, it won't completely uninstall—only the executable is actually removed. So even if you move Internet Explorer the traces would be still there.

Hope this helps,
Captain

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/91956-event-viewer-search-error-iehistory.html
Relevancy 111.37%

I'm running WinNT 4.0 Server (SP5).
I noticed in the Event Viewer the message "The device \Device\Harddisk1\Partition1 has a bad block". The Event ID is 7 and the source is Disk.
I understand that part of the hard drive may be unuseable (I couldn't find much documentation on this error), although the server seems to be functioning fine (so far...).
What should I do, troubleshooting wise, as a result of this error? Also, any specific information on Bad Block errors would be greatly appreciated!

------------------
Howard Feldsott

A:"BAD BLOCK" error in Event Viewer - NT4

Well, for the NT part, you should really be in the NT forum.

Since you have a hardware question though, lets answer that first.

What brand hard drive is it? Most companies have utilities that you can run on the drive to test it.

------------------
Get free stuff and help out a poor computer tech

7/9 added two pay to listen to music sites

I've gotten 5 $18 amazon.com GCs in 4 weeks listening to music! http://www.rkfdcore.com/ebaypics/referrals.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bad-block-error-in-event-viewer-nt4.33511/
Relevancy 109.22%

Hi,

In every 3d game I play the game will freeze( sometimes seconds sometimes up to a minute) or freeze and lockup the computer. I checked the event viewer and it shows I am getting an nv error. Does anybody have any idea how to correct this? I've tried updating drivers,changing out the sound card,and moving pci cards around so my geforce ti500 card is on its on irq.
It has been a little more stable since I've done this but I've had this problem for over a year. I'm using xp. I'd apprewciate any help you guys can give me.

Thanks,
Dennis

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nv-error-in-event-viewer.117889/
Relevancy 107.5%

Hi I recently made some upgrades 11" hangs, "atapi Event ID Event in Viewer Frequent system to a previously fine PC - they were - Installing GB extra RAM of the same variety - Reinstalling windows on a new SSD a Samsung SSD EVO GB I previously also upgraded to Windows but a bunch of blue screens and Frequent system hangs, "atapi Event ID 11" in Event Viewer other issues later I reinstalled I'm still having problems though - the current symptoms are that every so often - times a day the computer will hang for - minutes on the 'starting windows' screen When it finally loads it will often hang for further extended periods before settling down I checked in these event log and during these periods there will be many 'atapi' errors with Event ID quot The driver detected a controller error on Device Ide IdePort quot I have attached a screenshot There will sometimes be other errors usually relating to the timeout of certain things but the previously mentioned error is by far the most prolific On rare occasions there have been more serious errors - never blue screens since going back to windows but once I booted to a black screen with just a mouse was able to shut down via task manager then following a restart seemed ok Through some investigation it does seem to be that the root cause of the problem is the SSD I identified this a while ago and have tried various fixes including Ensuring my Motherboard a M A LT-M SATA ports are configured in AHCI mode they were previously IDE This also led me to completely re-installing windows in an effort to make sure the correct drivers were installed though more on those drivers in a second Updating my motherboard's BIOS Running MemTest to check my RAM wasn't causing the problem Changing the SATA cable and port of my SSD Updating various drivers from ASUSTeK Computer Inc -Support- Drivers and Download M A LT-M for my motherboard including the chipset I saw another driver for quot AMD AHCI Compatible RAID Controller Driver V quot but when I try and updating this windows just says that the most up to date driver is already installed I've also tried running various checks for disk errors including the Windows built-in drive checker and HD tune pro I just tried unplugging my DVD drive as well which is the only other thing connected to the SATA ports On a side note I do not have the Gb s SATA ports only Gb s SATA though I don't see why this should be a problem I've of course looked online and have found many people with similar issues but often they seem unresolved or their fixes unfortunately don't work for me Any help would be massively appreciated as this has been plaguing me for weeks

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/380152-frequent-system-hangs-atapi-event-id-11-event-viewer.html
Relevancy 101.05%

Many people have posted about Event 2 - Session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035.  I have not seen any posts where someone from Microsoft explained why this event occurs, why it occurs
in groups of 20 in about 10 seconds, how to prevent it, or whether it is something to be lived with.
Can anyone, especially someone from the NTdebugging team, a/k/a Global Escalation Services (GES), address this?
Thanks.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1c28d02c-184b-40f8-9f3f-b6bc50159000/microsoft-explanation-of-event-2-session-quotcircular-kernel-context-loggerquot-failed-to?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 100.62%

since about months ago my computer has been experiencing multiple BSOD s per day upon looking in the event viewer ever single time and event with something to do with a quot VSS service quot with towards viewer pointing service" event BSODs frequent "VSS is the last thing before the crash i find this strange as looking into this vss is a backup program for xp and server i have no idea why this is on my system what it does or why i need it after trying to use some debugging tools it seems that i cannot access the dmp files on my own frequent BSODs with event viewer pointing towards "VSS service" computer logged in as an administrator with full privileges with all file security options in my anti-virus off my system is a x vista business the crahses occur almost at random doing anything from playing a game using Firefox typing a notepad file or just leaving the thing on and not frequent BSODs with event viewer pointing towards "VSS service" doing anything for more than minutes the system will still crash at the log in screen leaving me to believe that this is not an overheating issue i have tried to disable all programs with mscofig but i still get a crash i have even had crashes in sleep mode as well as in the process of a normal shutdown i have no new updates in windows update and have installed all of the new drivers for every device i can find them for any and all help would greatly be appreciated nbsp

A:frequent BSODs with event viewer pointing towards "VSS service"

Hi this is about vss and what you can do with it http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/...tem-restore-disk-space-limit-in-explorer-gui/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/frequent-bsods-with-event-viewer-pointing-towards-vss-service.879828/
Relevancy 100.19%

Good evening. I've got something weird going on I'd like to ask for help with. Every time I close the Event Viewer or Task Scheduler I get a new "Administrative Tools" folder on the desktop. As far as I know, no other programs cause it, at least none of the ones I tested. I'm not exactly sure when it started but I know it hasn't always done it. I've already got Administrative Tools folders in my Start Menu. Anyone know what could be causing it? Thanks.

A:"Administrative Tools" folder created on desktop every time I close Event Viewer

Walt
Sounds like a change in your settings. To be sure
Run a full anti virus scan
Download and run a full scan with Malwarebytes to be sure we are not talkling about a virus
If all are negative, go back with System Restore to a week before the problem began.
System Restore - How to

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/299919-administrative-tools-folder-created-desktop-every-time-i-close-event-viewer.html
Relevancy 100.19%

Whenever I launch Event Viewer, I get this message. Ditto when I try launching Computer Management. I sometimes get a message about Adding a snap-in to console. But it never works. I ran SFC SCANNOW and it fix some stuff requiring a restart and is running clean now. No improvement.

I tried going back to an image from several weeks ago. Event Viewer worked but when I ran SFC SCANNOW and restarted, it stopped working again. If I run mmc.exe, I get a single folder Console Root. Trying to launch Event Viewer from the File menu crashes it. Running services the same way works. Running Component Management crashes.

Any ideas?

Thanks

A:Windows 7 x64 "Event Viewer has stopped working"

Check your system for BUGS. It is infected. That or the hard drive is corrupted and starting to fail.

These things don't Just Happen. Windows 7 is a very good operating system and does not have these problems unless something causes them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/258072-windows-7-x64-event-viewer-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 100.19%

I'm running Win XP Home - SP1. I just learned about the Event Viewer (Control Panel/Admin Tools) and the Security section shows a number of Anonymous Logons. It also shows Guest Logons, etc, along with "Failed Audits", indicating wrong passwords. Every other "Failed Audit" shows "MICROSOFT_AUTHENTICATION_PACKAGE_V1_0", with the following one showing my name.

I do have a home network with a wireless router. Only the laptop wireless card and PC network card MAC addresses are cleared for access. My closest neighbor is over 800 feet away so I'm confident that I'm not being accessed locally.

Any idea what this is all about?

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/event-viewer-shows-anonymous-logons.345895/
Relevancy 100.19%

1- this is my result in event viewer
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/3197/26608902.png
and all i can see is " warning " and " error "
should i be worried ? and how can i solve the problems ?

2- i just changed my theme ... and the computer makes sound when i enter or exit a folder ... basically when i do anything ... how to mute the theme's sound ?

A:My result in the " event viewer " ... and theme problem

I can't help you with #1 but I'm sure someone here can certainly do so.

As to #2, go to your "personalize" options by right clicking on the desktop, select "Personalize" then select "Sounds" at the bottom of the Personalization Options window.
That will bring up the dialog pictured below. Your scheme (in the red box) will be different than mine. Just go to the blue box and change your sounds to your heart's content.

Note: the red and blue boxes are only for clarification - you will not see them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/111845-my-result-event-viewer-theme-problem.html
Relevancy 99.76%

hi guys,i have problem with my laptop.....in my device manager has one driver show the yellow exclamation,its a "WPD filesystem volume driver" in the portable devices,if i see in the windows explorer,it's still showing though the drive is empty
I have try change the drive letter and path,but it's still not solved.....can somebody help me'please????tq

A:WPD filesystem volume driver(error code 10)"device can't start"

hi ditz17, have you tried right clicking on the driver in device manager and selecting "update driver"? if you tell us the make and model of your lappy it will help us , the device is most likely the ricoh card driver

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/87921-wpd-filesystem-volume-driver-error-code-10-device-cant-start.html
Relevancy 99.76%

All the dependencies for BITS are running but BITS won't start SFC says everything -2147024894" fail won't Updates code start. BITS "error - is OK CHKDSK is OK Now what UPDATE After rebooting found the following errors in SYSTEM log DCOM got error Updates fail - BITS won't start. "error code -2147024894" quot quot Updates fail - BITS won't start. "error code -2147024894" attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments quot quot in order to run the server D C F-AC - F F-BEB - C C CE DCOM got error quot quot attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments quot quot in order to run the server Updates fail - BITS won't start. "error code -2147024894" E B D-F A- D -B A - The server D B- A - - B - B did not register with DCOM within the required timeout Examined the first key CE i e WSearch and found it contained a REG SZ named AppID with Data E B D-F A- D -B A - Examined the third key which is the BITS so all this is telling me is that BITS didn't start and register with DCOM But why

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/384837-updates-fail-bits-wont-start-error-code-2147024894-a.html
Relevancy 99.33%

I am using windows 7 x64 RC, My event viewer is filled with "Known folders" errors like this:Error 0x80070005 occurred while creating known folder {3eb685db-65f9-4cf6-a03a-e3ef65729f3d} with path 'C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming'.Any ideas? Never seen this before.This is my second time installing windows 7 Rc. I installed it yesterday, then mysteriously got a BSOD 0x0000007E (no error msg) today.

A: "Known folders" errors in event viewer

The 0x07E error is usually the controller. Folder access problems also indicate some disk corruption problem.Rating posts helps other users
Mark L. Ferguson MS-MVP

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/047bdb94-9958-4e8e-a112-4555e1ee3ad4/quotknown-foldersquot-errors-in-event-viewer?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 99.33%

Hi folks Has anyone else noticed that their event viewer to be far more busy than in Windows Got all sorts of strange errors in mine Not sure Win Event You - be "busier"? yours to finding 8 Viewer whether it's drivers app compatibility or what Win 8 Event Viewer - You finding yours to be "busier"? Like this for instance Windows detected your registry file is still Win 8 Event Viewer - You finding yours to be "busier"? in use by other applications or services The file will be unloaded now The applications or services that hold your registry file may not function properly afterwards DETAIL - user registry handles leaked from Registry User S- - - - - - - Process Device HarddiskVolume Windows System lsass ex e has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Process Device HarddiskVolume Windows System lsass ex e has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Process Device HarddiskVolume Windows System lsass ex e has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Process Device HarddiskVolume Windows System lsass ex e has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Process Device HarddiskVolume Windows System svchost exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Process Device HarddiskVolume Windows System svchost exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Process Device HarddiskVolume Windows System svchost exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Process Device HarddiskVolume Windows System svchost exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Process Device HarddiskVolume Windows System svchost exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Process Device HarddiskVolume Windows System svchost exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Process Device HarddiskVolume Windows System svchost exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Process Device HarddiskVolume Windows System svchost exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Process Device HarddiskVolume Windows System svchost exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Process Device HarddiskVolume Windows System svchost exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Int ernet Settings And some of these type ones taskhostex An attempt to open the file quot C Users Damien AppData Local Microsoft Windows W ebCache WebCacheV dat quot for read only access failed with system error x quot The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process quot The open file operation will fail with error - xfffffbf What the hell

A:Win 8 Event Viewer - You finding yours to be "busier"?

Something is opening registry handles to your user's registry or files in your profile and isn't letting go. It's doing so as part of a svchost, which means it's probably a task running in task scheduler. Have you installed any software that would have added any scheduled tasks?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/11310-win-8-event-viewer-you-finding-yours-busier.html
Relevancy 98.47%

trying to add portable 10 gig hard drive.t i set jumper to slave,connected usb cable.in device mgr. yellow circle with blk. mark.code 10 " can not start" prolific technology makes the enclosure. i have a adaptek scsi controller on compaq presario laptop with xp home.fujitsu 2.5in h/d is the portable.

A:error code 10"can not start" windowsxp

Have you tried connecting the drive after starting the computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-code-10-can-not-start-windowsxp.107263/
Relevancy 97.61%

I updated my New Viewer" Folder "Event ATI video card drivers from the factory installed drivers to the Catalyst s today after installing Microsoft NET Framework first After installing the new ATI drivers along with the Catalyst Control Centre as per the instructions on ATI s site I noticed something in Event Viewer In addition to the New "Event Viewer" Folder normal Application Security and System folders a new one appears there called quot ACEEventLog quot At the time that folder appeared I noticed an Information event under quot Application quot that had to do with the creation of that new folder In it it mentions that it has to do with CLI exe which of course is New "Event Viewer" Folder a component of Catalyst Control Centre Is it safe to just ignore that new folder called ACEEventLog I m not sure why it is there but I m sure it appeared with the new ATI drivers because I check my Event Viewer on a daily basis I ve attached some screenshots to explain what I m talking about nbsp

A:New "Event Viewer" Folder

Now that I have shut the computer off and turned it back on later, events were added to that new folder.

I've attached 2 more pics- one at 6:51pm that occurred when I logged off the computer, and the one from 7:10pm occurred when I turned it back on later.

Do these things mean anything? Are they harmless if I don't do anything about them?

Rollin' Rog, Cookiegal... someone help me please.

It sounds like this thread over here, but I'm not sure what to do:

http://www.developersdex.com/asp/message.asp?p=2911&r=4585665

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-event-viewer-folder.427525/
Relevancy 96.32%

To anyone that can help me out I purchased a windows anytime upgrade key and upgraded my system from windows "WindowsUpdate_dt000" error update windows "WindowsUpdate_80073712" code home premiuim to windows ultimate now when my windows tries to update I get this See image titled quot message quot To bring you up to speed windows update error code "WindowsUpdate_80073712" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" as to what I've windows update error code "WindowsUpdate_80073712" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" done so far I ran sfc scannow and no errors were found I downloaded the hotfixes and apllied them and still could not update I tried to do a system restore to the point before I upgraded but I could not perform one because all of my previous attempts to update windows automatically creates a system restore and all the restore points were within a hour period I installed a system update readiness tool as per quot windows help and support quot dialogue box To see the updates that did not install refer to the image titled quot update quot Really I feel like I've done my homework and I've exhausted my efforts as to how to fix this problem I'm currently going to school for computers and so I really like to apply what I learn in real world situations but this one has got me stumped I'm also attaching my checksur log I don't understand it now and it looks like a foreign language to me but as I progress through my information systems degree I hope one day I can become a techsupport forum partner Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Techstudent HERE IS MY CHECKSUR LOG Checking System Update Readiness Binary Version Package Version - - Checking Windows Servicing Packages Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Checking Packages Checking Component Store f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll wow microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none c af b ed d f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll amd microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none b ad cd de f CSI Payload File Missing x schannel dll wow microsoft-windows-security-schannel bf ad e none aba dfa bcab f CSI Payload File Missing x schannel dll wow microsoft-windows-security-schannel bf ad e none db a bc d e f CSI Payload File Missing x schannel dll wow microsoft-windows-security-schannel bf ad e none ae aecb bfcc f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll amd microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none bb b f f f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll amd microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none bb cfaa e b e f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll wow microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none c b fc fc f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll wow microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none c b e bab e f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll amd microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none b ae cf b c f CSI Payload File Missing x schannel dll wow microsoft-windows-security-schannel bf ad e none a ef a a f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll wow microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none c f ef c c e Summary Seconds executed Found errors CSI Payload File Missing Total count

A:windows update error code "WindowsUpdate_80073712" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

Hi have you tried running a start up repair An update is not installed successfully when you try to install the update in Windows Vista and Windows 7

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-update-error-code-windowsupdate_80073712-windowsupdate_dt000-632721.html
Relevancy 92.88%

- System

- Provider
[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
[ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}

EventID 41

Version 2

Level 1

Task 63

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000000000000002

- TimeCreated
[ SystemTime] 2014-04-09T15:55:34.874018200Z

EventRecordID 49617

Correlation

- Execution
[ ProcessID] 4
[ ThreadID] 8

Channel System

Computer DTG-ENG2.one.local

- Security
[ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData

BugcheckCode 122

BugcheckParameter1 0xc0418480

BugcheckParameter2 0xc000009d

BugcheckParameter3 0x2914b860

BugcheckParameter4 0x8309049d

SleepInProgress false

PowerButtonTimestamp
I have been getting random Memory dumps or blue screens that have been causing the event viewer error 41 to randomly shut down to prevent further harm to my system I have tried to diagnose this issue and troubleshoot it but when I thought I hit the nail on the head the issue reappeared. On previous posts an admin was talking about uploading a crash report could anyone help me find my crash report for the forum admins and other users to take a look at it and help diagnose whats causing this issue.

A:Event Viewer Error 41 code(63)

Hi.

Click on the button below ....

It will download the DM log collector. Right click on the application and run as administrator. It will generate a .zip file on your desktop. Upload the .zip.
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/328022-event-viewer-error-41-code-63-a.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Mods if you feel that this thread is more of a quot Windows quot issue please feel free to move this thread Here last year I did my second build because I was having quot boot quot issues Wasn t certain what exactly the problem was at the time But something some how screwed up the boot sequence in my system failed a selection required "The because "0xc000000e" device......... code Error boot and where everything was pretty much quot outdated quot I just went ahead and did another build Though since then I ve been pondering around with the thought of using a SATA to IDE adapter so that I can retrieve Error code "0xc000000e" "The boot selection failed because a required device......... what ever salvageable data I can from one of the two HDD s that was in my last build So I finally broke down and ordered a couple different one s earlier this week Unfortunately I ve been running in to some problem s when I try to launch with the IDE in place Upon initial launching the boot sequence seem to take some time longer than it normally does with out the IDE HDD in place Though after a - sec lapse I ll get an error screen displaying an windows error code of quot xc e quot with a prompt message below stating quot The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible quot I searched all over online to see what that error code represents only to get quot pages after pages quot of sites with each site telling me something different I have no intentions of using this as a third HDD in my system I just want to retrieve select data from it nbsp

A:Error code "0xc000000e" "The boot selection failed because a required device.........

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-code-0xc000000e-the-boot-selection-failed-because-a-required-device.1041435/
Relevancy 91.59%

Hey all,

can anyone explain to me what this system event error is and how to fix it or if it even needs to be fixed?
it doesn't seem to be causing any problems that i know of but their is hundreds of the exact same msg in my event viewer.

much thanks.

ERROR
Source: DCOM
Category: None
Event ID 10016

The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{BC866CF2-5486-41F7-B46B-9AA49CF3EBB1}
to the user NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE SID (S-1-5-20). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

A:WinXP Pro x64 Event Viewer Error code

Event 10016 may be logged in the System log on a computer that is running Windows XP Professional x64 Edition

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/winxp-pro-x64-event-viewer-error-code.58131/
Relevancy 91.16%

windows update error code quot WindowsUpdate quot quot WindowsUpdate dt quot To anyone that can help me out "WindowsUpdate_dt00 update windows code error "WindowsUpdate_80073712" I purchased a windows anytime upgrade key and upgraded my system from windows home premiuim to windows ultimate now when my windows tries to update I get this See image titled quot message quot windows update error code "WindowsUpdate_80073712" "WindowsUpdate_dt00 To bring you up to speed as to what I've windows update error code "WindowsUpdate_80073712" "WindowsUpdate_dt00 done so far I ran sfc scannow and no errors were found I downloaded the hotfixes and apllied them and still could not update I tried to do a system restore to the point before I upgraded but I could not perform one because windows update error code "WindowsUpdate_80073712" "WindowsUpdate_dt00 all of my previous attempts to update windows automatically creates a system restore and all the restore points were within a hour period I installed a system update readiness tool as per quot windows help and support quot dialogue box Really I feel like I've done my homework and I've exhausted my efforts as to how to fix this problem I'm currently going to school for computers and so I really like to apply what I learn in real world situations but this one has got me stumped Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Techstudent

A:windows update error code "WindowsUpdate_80073712" "WindowsUpdate_dt00

Read this instructions carefully and proceed:

Quote:
If the System File Check tool found corruption and could not fix them, then we will do a repair install to correct this. First check if the second set of instructions (Resetting Windows Update Components) is successful.

Repair Installation:
You may reinstall your copy of Windows 7 while keeping your files, settings, and programs by performing a repair installation or an upgrade installation.
1. Insert the Windows installation disc into your computer's DVD or CD drive. You must start Windows installation while running your existing version of Windows.
2. On the Install Windows page, click Install now.
3. On the Get important updates for installation page, we recommend getting the latest updates to help ensure a successful installation and to help protect your computer against security threats. You will need an Internet connection to get installation updates.
4. On the Type your product key for activation page, we strongly recommend that you type your 25-character product key to help avoid problems during activation.
5. On the Please read the license terms page, if you accept the license terms, click I accept the license terms.
6. On the Which type of installation do you want? page, click Upgrade to begin the upgrade. You might see a compatibility report.
7. Follow the instructions.
Note: If your installation disk does not include SP1, and you are updated to it, then you will have to uninstall it before performing an upgrade install. Start -> Control Panel -> Programs -> View installed updates, then select Service Pack for Microsoft Windows and click Uninstall.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is always advisable to backup any and all important data before proceeding with any major changes to your system. Please see: Methods for backing up your files.
Always make sure you have the means to reinstall your programs, either through an install disk or having access to the installation files.

Source: "WindowsUpdate_80070570" "WindowsUpdate_80073712" - Microsoft Answers

I would prefer you try an upgrade installation and input your newly purchased product key which will install Windows 7 Ultimate.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/212914-windows-update-error-code-windowsupdate_80073712-windowsupdate_dt00.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Hello all I have been going through my event logs of the past month and I keep on seeing the error report with the hexadecimal error code nbsp xC F in it My OS is the Windows -bit with no specified version I already ran the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool Here is my log but I am unsure on how to fix the problem I would greatly appreciate any assistance on this matter Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Status Validation unsupported OS Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - -JGYTD-J WK -CGV Windows Product Key Hash yz qomqT FJuLcxV R GB Myk Windows Product ID - - -AAOEM Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type Unknown Windows OS version ID - C - B - F -E F FC Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Architecture x Build lab winblue ltsb - TTS Error nbsp Validation Diagnostic nbsp Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Event 0xC004F057 showing keeps Error Viewer in code Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A Error code 0xC004F057 keeps showing in Event Viewer hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status Unsupported OS OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics nbsp Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Users Alex AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt File Mismatch C WINDOWS system licdll dll Hr x File Mismatch C WINDOWS system oembios bin Hr x File Mismatch C WINDOWS system oembios dat Hr x File Mismatch C WINDOWS system oembios sig Hr x Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt - C - B - F -E F FC lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -CGV lt PKey gt lt PID gt - - -AAOEM lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Hewlett-Packard lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt HP ENVY Notebook PC lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt Insyde lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt F lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt F B F lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Pacific Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot C quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot D quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot F quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id ... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/11730504-7d01-4c44-a499-a6c4d584af4f/error-code-0xc004f057-keeps-showing-in-event-viewer?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 90.73%

Listened to a french music website streaming new music. Afterwards, computer seized, 2 shortcuts added to desktop, default homepage reset. Upon trying to open new IE window, firewall requests to use Internet Explorer as a server. Try to open email, received the captioned DLL error messag.

Tried to shut down and reboot, received same DLL error message when trying to open IE and MS Outlook.

I'm running WindowsME, MS Outlook 2000 SR-1.

How do I go about restoring the computer to 7pm last evening before all these issues?

I'm also curious as to why Norton Antivirus and Zone Alarm did not detect this activity.

Help!

Relevancy 89.87%

Dear All,

I need help regarding these two problems (I've been discussing these on NBR forums too but couldn't find a fix).

How to fix? > CAPI2 error in event viewer - Win 7 - Windows time stamp service

and

Event viewer error 7026 - any idea what this is?

Can someone please help me fix these error's?

Thanks a lot in advance and cheers.

A:Event viewer code 7026 and CAPI2 error.. Solution please?

From an old thread
Events Viewer CAP12 Error

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/121645-event-viewer-code-7026-capi2-error-solution-please.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Rather vague title I apologize Setup Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit SP CPU Intel Core i Extreme GHz C Bloomfield nm Technology RAM GB Single-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard EVGA EVGA X x SLI Classified Socket C Graphics Dell WFP Digital x error Event Random BSOD. No viewer restarts. 41. code Hz MB NVIDIA GeForce Random restarts. No BSOD. Event viewer error code 41. GTX Ti EVGA C Storage GB Western Digital WDC WD FALS- K B SCSI Disk Device SATA C GB Corsair Force GS SCSI Disk Device SSD C Optical Drives motorola XT USB Device HL-DT-ST BD-RE GGW-H L ATA Device TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S Q ATA Device Audio High Definition Audio Device PSU CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU- HX W ATX V EPS V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Random restarts. No BSOD. Event viewer error code 41. PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Compatible with Core i Power Supply This is with current idle temps I get random restarts with no minidump and just an error code The restarts can happen After a long period of time hours idle or just shortly after running a video game APB R forces a restart within minutes Drivers are updated I have scoured forums and past solutions over the course of about weeks Advanced System Settings option to automatically reset has been turned off NVIDIA Control Panel's global setting has been set to Maximum performance My RAM is only two days old I have an aftermarket CPU water cooling system installed I have run several temp logs in games that I would suspect force a restart and checked the time on the restarts On restart I have not noticed any abnormally high system temperatures CPU caps at about C I can only imagine that either my relatively new MOBO is having issues or the old PSU from is the problem I would greatly appreciate some feedback and I would gladly provide any further information Nothing on my system is overclocked it is all default settings

A:Random restarts. No BSOD. Event viewer error code 41.

If you have not already done so; try running a sfc /scannow and or a chkdsk /f via a elevated command prompt(run as administrator) to see if there are any errors and if there are; whether or not they can be fixed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/316160-random-restarts-no-bsod-event-viewer-error-code-41-a.html
Relevancy 89.01%

Hello,
Recently my computer has been shutting down without warning. I could be doing anything from playing far cry 4 to browsing the web. I looked into the event viewer and found the following error: 0xc000000d. I've looked into it but it sounds like everyone else who has that same issue can't start their computer at all, but i can boot my computer just fine. My computer just shuts down randomly. i also found another error: %%-2147467259. I did a memory test and that came out with no issues. It's definetly not overheating as i'm getting temperatures of 21 celcius. Also, I'm not very familiar with the even viewer so i have no clue if i'm looking in the right place. I'm pretty sure i get the same order of events before it shuts down. Any help would be great!!

A:Error code 0xc000000d in event viewer. Causing computer to shut down?

Additional information is required.

1. Download the DM Log Collector application to your desktop by clicking the link below

DM Log Collector.exe

2. Run it by double-clicking the icon on your desktop, and follow the prompts.
3. Locate the .ZIP file that is created on your desktop, and upload it here in your next reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/356455-error-code-0xc000000d-event-viewer-causing-computer-shut-down.html
Relevancy 88.58%

How can I add "send to" menu in "Windows Photo Viewer"

A:How can I add "send to" menu in "Windows Photo Viewer"

If you close Windows Photo Viewer, and right click the photo, you can choose Send To... but not from within WPV

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-can-i-add-send-to-menu-in-windows-photo-viewer-702892.html
Relevancy 88.15%

I have relatively new PC with Windows 8.1 but recently I am getting a message on start up that "Windows could not connect to Group Policy service" . This then asks me to look at the Event log.
I notice that the Event log has " Special log on " every time I log on .
Are theses messages related ?
Is this normal ?
Have I a bug of some description?
I have ran Norton 360 and malwarebytes - nothing reported.
Any ideas?

A:On start up am getting "special log on" in the event log

Are you talking about Event ID 4672?
This one probably occurs next to your login event because your ID has adminstrator privilege?

See Audit Sensitive Privilege Use

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/53254-start-up-am-getting-special-log-event-log.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I am infected with this crap and have used the following tools to try to get rid of it Windows Defender Unible PowerSuite SpeedUpMyPC Registry Booster amp Spyware Protector and Norton's - "Error Worm-Popups-The Icons Netsky Cleaner" Protector" "Spyware..." Three "Privacy One Button Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." Checkup and WinDoctor Not sure if it's related but my DISPLAY is locked at X Atempted the Step Process before posting and Panda ActiveScan froze and crashed after scanning files but not before identifying spyware files Here's my extra txt log from Deckard's Deckard's System Scanner v Extra logfile - please post Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." this as an attachment with your post -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Information ---------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition build SP Architecture X Language English CPU Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Percentage of Memory in Use Physical Memory total avail MiB MiB Pagefile Memory total avail MiB MiB Virtual Memory total avail MiB MiB A is Removable No Media C is Fixed NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM CDFS PHYSICALDRIVE - ST A - GiB - partition PARTITION - Unknown - MiB PARTITION bootable - Installable File System - GiB - C -- Security Center ------------------------------------------------------------- AUOptions is scheduled to auto-install Windows Internal Firewall is disabled AntiVirusDisableNotify is set FirewallDisableNotify is set FW Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation AV Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy DomainProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy StandardProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE Enabled LEXPPS EXE quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe Enabled LimeWire quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe Enabled Yahoo Messenger quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe Enabled Yahoo FT Server quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe Enabled Windows Messenger quot quot C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohCli... Read more

A:Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..."

Bump.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/netsky-worm-popups-the-three-icons-error-cleaner-privacy-protector-spyware-207223.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I just received a SCM Smart Card Reader/Writer, model SCR201, and it will not start on my computer. I put it in my wife's Gateway, and it works fine. Main difference is she has IE6, and i have IE7. Any help on this one? I already tried installing the driver from the manufacturer, which was of course to no avail. Now it won't let me roll-back to the previous "Windows Driver".

A:PCMCIA Smart Card Reader "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pcmcia-smart-card-reader-this-device-cannot-start-code-10.548453/
Relevancy 87.72%

Both of these snap-ins have died.

I am getting the following errors for both "MMC could not create the snap-in".

I think i might have disabled these by accident due to space left on the primary partition.

Anyone know what checks i can go through to see everything that should be is enabled for both of these admin tools to function. All other admin tools work perefectly.

Any help greatly appreciated.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/255653-event-viewer-task-manager-mmc-could-not-create-snap.html
Relevancy 87.29%

I have an older 80 gig WD external hard drive that has worked fine until this morning when I turned on my computer and it wasnt showing up when I looked in my computer. So I went into device manage and it says this "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

I tried unistalling, and then plugging it back in. I tried looking for updates. Anything I could think of, but still not able to access anything. It has ALL my music on it and I really really want to be able to get to it.

If I cant get it to work is it possible to transfer data from this one to a new one??

Relevancy 87.29%

Hi All

As i was playing COD last night my PC froze and when i rebooted i had yellow vertical lines on the monitor. I went to the device manager and under the display adapter theres now a yellow exclamation point.The message that is there is -"This device cannot start. (Code 10)".
I had a quick look at several forums and have a feeling my card might be dead. Any suggestions before I assume that?

I had the PC put together about 4 months ago. I did have a problem with a defective mother board that was fried about a month after purchasing. That was replaced by the manufacturer and was told it did not affect any other parts of the PC.

I am running windows XP
and my specs are
Intel Core 2 quad CPU
Q9550 @2.83 GHZ
2.93 GB of RAM

Thanks in advance

A:Nvidia Geforce 8800GTX: "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

Start by wiping the old drivers and reinstalling the newest WHQL drivers from www.nvidia.com and make sure to download a small app called "Driver Sweeper." After you uninstall the display driver from the Add/Remove Programs list (don't restart yet), run DS to completely purge all of the video driver files from the system. Once that is done, restart the computer and proceed to install the new drivers for the card. After another restart try the game again and if it still causing freeze-ups or vertical lines have the card replaced, it's probably faulty vRam.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-8800gtx-this-device-cannot-start-code-10.138611/
Relevancy 87.29%

Laptop: Sony VAIO VGN-FZ160E
Device having problem: Sony DVD RW AW-6540A ATA Device
Driver: 6.0.6000.16386
The CD/DVD drive was just working a couple of days ago. Now, it does not even show up under "Computer" (It was drive F). I can hear the CD spin, but no CD/DVD shows up ... nothing shows up as F:

The device driver has a yellow triangle with an exclamation point in it, and the description has error "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" I tried to update the driver, but it says that I had the latest version.

I uninstalled the driver, and rebooted, and the computer tried to automatically install the driver, but that failed. It gave me this message:

"Device driver software was not successfully installed."

Now, I am back at the same spot, with the yellow triangle.

Please help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-dvd-player-stopped-working-this-device-cannot-start-code-10.760826/
Relevancy 87.29%

Hi guys I joined up because I ve got a pc problem and I found so much info from experienced techies here I ve got an eMachines desktop model T Bought Jan Intel Pentium GHz MB of RAM Windows XP Home This is my issue Sound has been working great Used it everyday up until last Friday Went on a weekend trip unplugged the pc from the device sound- longer 10)." start. cannot no Desktop (Code has "This power surge protector Came back Tuesday Turned on power surge protector plugged pc and accessories I didn t even turn on the PC yet and it seemed to try to power up itself The power button was blinking frantically and a synchronized sound came with it I Desktop no longer has sound- "This device cannot start. (Code 10)." pressed the power button to turn it off turned it back on after a few seconds and it started up No sound at the welcome screen Played a video on Windows Media player no sound Opened up the PC to look at the MOBO and I have an attached sound card Can t be loose right So I contacted eMachines cust service and chatted twice with different reps First rep got remote access from my pc and downloaded Avance AC driver from the emachines site and reinstalled the driver Which I did the day before He told me it would solve the problems Restarted the PC and still I m having the same problem with my sound card Windows states quot no active mixer devices available quot when attempting to open the master volume control Under SOUNDS AND AUDIO DEVICES PROPERTIES windows indicates quot No Audio Device quot Under DEVICE MANAGER AVANCE AC AUDIO device status This device cannot start Code quot The second rep had me go and uninstall the drivers in safe mode then reinstalled in normal mode thereafter Same problem I m not sure if there is any relation but My HP v all-in-one is no longer working either Insert the USB and reinstalled drivers but the PC doesn t even prompt me that quot Found new hardware quot What to do Thanks all for your patience Charles aka knownothing nbsp

A:Desktop no longer has sound- "This device cannot start. (Code 10)."

Do you have a virus scanner? If so, make sure its up to date and run it.

Rik.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desktop-no-longer-has-sound-this-device-cannot-start-code-10.25891/
Relevancy 87.29%

HP Pavillion zx Intel Pentium GHz GB RAM Windows XP Audio Start. Device Cannot 10)" Ac97 "this (code Realtek Home Edition SP My friend s laptop Realtek Ac97 Audio "this Device Cannot Start. (code 10)" is having trouble recognizing its sound driver Realtek AC The hard drive was replaced and the operating system reinstalled a couple months ago and ever since then it hasn t been able to play sound Under the Device Manager Realtek AC Audio has a yellow exclamation point next to it and under Realtek Ac97 Audio "this Device Cannot Start. (code 10)" its Device Status it reads Realtek Ac97 Audio "this Device Cannot Start. (code 10)" quot This device cannot start Code quot I ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the device as well as downloading the most recent driver the most recent seems to be but to no avail I m not sure what else I can do at this point On other boards that I ve looked at people have asked what motherboard was being used I used Everest to find the following information under quot Motherboard quot Motherboard CPU Type Intel Pentium MHz x Motherboard Name Hewlett-Packard Pavilion zx DZ U ABA Motherboard Chipset ATI Radeon IGP System Memory MB PC DDR SDRAM BIOS Type Phoenix Communication Port ECP Printer Port LPT Any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Realtek Ac97 Audio "this Device Cannot Start. (code 10)"

OK you probably thought of this first thing but don't laugh when I ask: after the clean install, did your friend run the motherboard disk for his machine? Because the AC97 drivers are on that cd. He should disable it in "devices' and install the driver from the mobo cd and then enable it again and reboot. Should have sound. Only other thing is it could be disabled in the bios - you could check that too.
Mini

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/realtek-ac97-audio-this-device-cannot-start-code-10.729047/
Relevancy 87.29%

Okay, I am at my wits end with this computer. It is a Dell Dimension E520. I have purchased a NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512mb Dual DVI PCIe card for "Star Wars Online Game".
I removed the old card and installed the new one. I then installed the device driver from the NVIDIA website, rebooted and the device will not work. It says in the device manager "This device cannot start. (Code 10)".
I have done everything I can think of.... Uninstalled the device, tried different drivers, updated the BIOS, checked into the BIOS settings....
Can someone PLEASE HELP ME?!?!?!?

A:Solved: At My Wits End! Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT "Device Cannot Start (Code 10)" HELP!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-at-my-wits-end-nvidia-geforce-8800-gt-device-cannot-start-code-10-help.938545/
Relevancy 87.29%

I've just noticed frequent quot A corrected hardware error has occurred quot warnings in my event viewer dating back to October th of this year As of now I haven't come across any performance issues or anything like that though I'm getting different errors with different processor IDs and System Warning AM Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger LOCAL SERVICE NAME A corrected hardware error has occurred Reported by component Processor Core Error Source Error Type Processor ID System Warning AM Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger LOCAL SERVICE NAME A error occurred" 19 ID: has WHEA-Logger corrected "A hardware Event corrected hardware error has occurred Reported by component Processor Core Error Source Error Type Processor ID Here's my processor and general PC Specs the machine came packed with Windows but I downgraded to Ultimate SP x AMD A - TDP W Operating WHEA-Logger Event ID: 19 "A corrected hardware error has occurred" speed WHEA-Logger Event ID: 19 "A corrected hardware error has occurred" GHz up to GHz turbo Number of cores Socket FM http h www hp com bizsupport riesId And if it's of any value according to Speccy my PC temps seems to sit in the mid-high 's with Jumps into the 's and low 's

A:WHEA-Logger Event ID: 19 "A corrected hardware error has occurred"

Welcome to sevenforums!

This was given to me by "essenbe" member forum. Might this WHEA Error Alert Guide helps you!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/311379-whea-logger-event-id-19-corrected-hardware-error-has-occurred.html
Relevancy 87.29%

For the past few weeks I've been having this strange issue with my computer I would be doing something like browsing the internet freezes, HDD paring "error fails, System 51 Event during operation" or playing a game Then I would go to access some media files such as music or video's on my media drive and my computer would start acting up The symptoms I would get is the sound would buzz and scratch the screen would freeze and stutter and repeat this every few seconds until my hard drive fails and loses connection all-together Then I would have to restart my computer to get my drive back and POST displays that BOOTMGR is missing I would have to go into BIOS to reset the Boot Order to get my system to boot up and I would get my media drive back At first I thought my hard drive was dying so I took it out and plugged it into another computer to troubleshoot it Everything seemed to work fine I even went to the lengths of purchasing a new System freezes, HDD fails, Event 51 "error during paring operation" hard drive but have yet to install it I then realized that my video drivers started to act up and crash so I updated those I believed I had a beta driver and once I got a WHQL driver the problem went away At least until now A week later I was on facebook listening to some music and I went to browse my media drive and to my surprise it instantly started stuttering and freezing again I'm at the point where I don't know what else to do except replace the drive which I'll probably end up doing this weekend I've attached several Event Viewer logs I could also try capturing it on video if that would help at all I've never seen this happen before Any ideas EDIT I just rebooted my system after I lost my drive again and this time it didn't loose the boot order so I'm not exactly sure why that's different now than before I should also mention that I like to set my icons for the shortcuts on my desktop to be blank No I didn't do the 'remove the arrow hack' Although recently they've been showing up as black icons I had this issue several years back and iirc it was an old driver or something Not sure if this could be related I've attached the driversquery to this as well just in case

A:System freezes, HDD fails, Event 51 "error during paring operation"

First, change the title of your post. That should be PAGING, not PARING. A lot of people will skip the post not knowing what that is.

All errors indicate a dying hard drive as you suspected. The fact that it works without error in another PC raises the possibility that you may have power supply problems (insufficient power to the drives will produce the same errors), bad cables, or a problem with the SATA controller on the motherboard.

How many physical hard drives do you have in this PC? (Not to be confused with partitions on the same hard drive). If more than one physical hard drive, which one is the problem drive?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/335285-system-freezes-hdd-fails-event-51-error-during-paring-operation.html
Relevancy 87.29%

Does someone has any idea what this error means and above all ... how to avoid this?

Thanks
=
Type : Error
Date : 25-08-2015
Time : 10:42:14
Event : 3
Source :Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing
Description: Session "ReadyBoot" stopped due to the following error: 3221225864
=

A:Event ID 3 - Session "ReadyBoot" stopped - error: 3221225864

Anybody out there knows what these errors mean and how to avoid them?

Thanks
=

Event: 103
Source: Microsoft-Windows-TaskScheduler
Description: Task Scheduler failed to start instance "{B8A1B72D-DFBA-41A9-A6F2-3CB2EAB79719}" of "\Microsoft\Windows\NetCfg\BindingWorkItemQueueHandler" task for user "NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM" .
Additional Data: Error Value: 2147942402.
Event: 202
Source: Microsoft-Windows-TaskScheduler
Description: Task Scheduler failed to complete task "\Microsoft\Windows\NetCfg\BindingWorkItemQueueHandler" , instance "{B8A1B72D-DFBA-41A9-A6F2-3CB2EAB79719}" , action "Binding Engine Task Handler" .
Additional Data: Error Value: 2147942402.

=

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/18985-event-id-3-session-readyboot-stopped-error-3221225864-a.html
Relevancy 87.29%

several times i am having a problem which gives below error report.suddenly appear blue screen message and laptop is going to restart quickly and even there is not a time to read that blue screen message...i have attached diagnostic report folder(according to the instruction of Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions)...i hope really good answers from you...

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: fe
BCP1: 0000000000000008
BCP2: 0000000000000006
BCP3: 0000000000000005
BCP4: FFFFFA8005751C80
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\090212-35037-01.dmp
C:\Users\Tharinda\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-69342-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

A:error with automatically restart -"Problem Event Name: BlueScreen"

The problem is with a driver usbhub.sys. Hopefully this can be fixed quickly. Remove all of your usb hardware, printer, usb drives etc. If the system does not crash reinstall one by one, giving the computer time to crash before installing the next.
If this does not work, go to device manager and uninstall the universal serial business controllers one by one. Reinstall before uninstalling the next.Hopefully this will solve your problem
Before taking any actin make a system restore point just in case

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/250486-error-automatically-restart-problem-event-name-bluescreen.html
Relevancy 87.29%

I recently swaped out a power supply to replace a broken one in another computer. Now this computer has no power supply, but I have another spare ATX that fits, so I screwed it into the computer, powered it up, and it works. Except after like 3 mins the fans seem to die down. After another minute, the computer gives a "Computer shutdown due to thermal events" error. Does this mean I put in the wrong type of power supply? Is the fan messed up?

A:Power supply causing "Thermal event error"?

It probably means it is not sufficient power or is dying.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-supply-causing-thermal-event-error.736059/
Relevancy 87.29%

Hi all, I beleive this is an error with all Acer 7535G laptops, and was wondering if there is a fix. This is the error I get; http://i48.tinypic.com/9thbmq.jpg "This device cannot start (Code 10)".

I uninstalled and reinstalled, which didn't work. I tried a fix which worked for 4550 models, which was to uninstall, go into Safe Mode and delete the drivers, then reboot and they'll automatically re-install, which they did, but the error was still there.

Is there an fix out there whatsoever? I understand the 3200 Series is supposed to work without the laptop being plugged in, and when it is plugged in, it should switch to the 4500 Series.

Btw, I'm running 64Bit W7 Ultimate.

Thanks.

A:Radeon HD 4500 "This device cannot start (Code 10)"

Honest bump .

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/56182-radeon-hd-4500-device-cannot-start-code-10-a.html
Relevancy 86.86%

My clients lost all file. Every time when user restart the pc , it create a new user.When I check in registry , there is no .bak file.Everything is lost.Can anyone  please help me. 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/69f34530-6831-43d6-92b9-bf64e7c867a4/user-profile-corrupted-and-lost-all-files-error-code-in-event-viewer-is-1530?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 86.86%

Hello All-

I am getting this Error at every boot: "Session "ReadyBoot" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188."

System Basics:

> Dual-Boot Windows 7 and 8 (64 bit), each on its own hard drive (recent clean installs).

> Boot Manager is on the Windows 7 disk.

> I get this error on the Windows 8 OS only.

I've tried disabling ReadyBoot in Performance Monitor, but it re-enables at startup or restart.

Microsoft (for Windows 7) says to ignore, but it's making me crazy since I don't recall seeing it until recently, and can't think of any changes I've made that would be relevant.

Any suggestions?

Rob

A:Error Event ID 3 Session "ReadyBoot" stopped

are you actually expecting any help from this useless forum?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/17633-error-event-id-3-session-readyboot-stopped.html
Relevancy 86.86%

I'm trying to find the settings called "ModemRingOn" and "PME Wake Up Event" both in bios but i can't find them.

Does anyone know where they are? Like under what options in bios?

A:Where are "ModemRingOn" and "PME Wake Up Event" located in bios?

BIOS's vary widely; there is no standard features that are included. It's possible your BIOS has neither of them.

If these are features you are interested in exist, the first thing to do is to check the motherboard manufacturer's web site's "support" page, and find out what the latest version of BIOS is available for your motherboard, compare that to what you actually have on your motherboard, and then read the change log to see if possible these features were added.

You can also research these features by Googling the text "ModemRingOn" and the model number of your motherboard "GA-XYZ123" in the same search, in order to filter hits that are limited to those that include references to both of these qualities. Look for forum posts, and other technical sites & information.

Also, look for the User Manual for your motherboard on-line. Sometimes these include information on the BIOS of the motherboard.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/where-are-modemringon-and-pme-wake-up-event-located-in-bios-334129.html
Relevancy 86.86%

I'm trying to find the settings called "ModemRingOn" and "PME Wake Up Event" both in bios but i can't find them.

Does anyone know where they are? Like under what options in bios?

A:Where are "ModemRingOn" and "PME Wake Up Event" located in bios?

They may not be there at all. If the modem is built into the board, maybe.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/where-are-modemringon-and-pme-wake-up-event-located-in-bios.789506/
Relevancy 86.43%

tons of errors "metadata" don't have foggiest ?
Microsoft-Windows-DeviceSetupManager/Admin  80070490

Computer
michaelsbig-pc.wi.rr.com

-

Security

[
UserID]
S-1-5-18

-

EventData

Prop_ContainerId
{1EFF12B4-6D43-11E5-8256-806E6F6E6963}

HRESULT

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/44966afd-0055-4266-b5e3-f99ac36f01c6/metadata-error-device-setup-error-event-id-quot131quot?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 86.43%

I have a RemoteApp server setup Windows R with SSO enabled This RemoteApp server 0xc00002fd)." per has authentication error RemoteApp (Code: works occurred once reboot "An error then the produces is for internal use only I have no issues with any of my clients running Windows or above On Windows XP however I can only connect to the RemoteApp session once RemoteApp works once per reboot then produces the error "An authentication error has occurred (Code: 0xc00002fd)." and then I get the error An authentication error has occurred Code xc fd If I reboot the PC it will again work once and then get the error The other thing we discovered is that when you first close the RemoteApp session the mtsc exe process remains active for seconds or so As long as that is active I can re-enter the RemoteApp session multiple times The moment I kill that process I get the error and must reboot I'm pretty RemoteApp works once per reboot then produces the error "An authentication error has occurred (Code: 0xc00002fd)." sure something is being cached on the client side but every lead I have found has not resulted in a resolution Anyone have any nbsp ideas Btw quot get off of XP quot is not an nbsp option at this time lol Any assistance would be great Robert Doyle Network Administrator Five Below Inc

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a19c9863-84a0-4d2f-87de-e1e89c77c338/remoteapp-works-once-per-reboot-then-produces-the-error-quotan-authentication-error-has-occurred?forum=itproxpsp
Relevancy 86.43%

I have been having a lot of problems with my USB ports lately. Every time I turn my laptop on, whether it's off or hibernating, the AMD 3.0 USB Host Controller has a yellow exclamation mark by it and has the error "The device cannot start. (code 10)". I can get it to work temporarily by disabling and reenabling it, but then it does the same thing the next time I turn it on. This is getting extremely annoying. Help?

A:AMD 3.0 USB Host Controller "cannot start (code 10)"

Quote: Originally Posted by EarthBoundNess

I have been having a lot of problems with my USB ports lately. Every time I turn my laptop on, whether it's off or hibernating, the AMD 3.0 USB Host Controller has a yellow exclamation mark by it and has the error "The device cannot start. (code 10)". I can get it to work temporarily by disabling and reenabling it, but then it does the same thing the next time I turn it on. This is getting extremely annoying. Help?

Run the netbook CD or go on the website get there chipset drivers and re install
that would probably be your best bet also I would look if it has been updated through the makers website

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/290315-amd-3-0-usb-host-controller-cannot-start-code-10-a.html
Relevancy 86%

After upgrading to Windows 8.1, I keep getting Event id 257, Defrag: "The volume TI10664900J (C:) was not optimized because an error was encountered: The parameter is incorrect. (0x80070057)" in Event Viewer errors.

-

System

-

Provider

[
Name]
Microsoft-Windows-Defrag

-

EventID

[
Qualifiers]

Level

Task

Keywords
0x80000000000000

-

TimeCreated

[
SystemTime]
2013-11-12T16:21:45.000000000Z

EventRecordID

Channel
Application

Computer

Security

-

EventData

TI10664900J
(C:)

The parameter is
incorrect. (0x80070057)

00000000A40500005105000000000000629468641336AAB85B55B1B5B038000000000000

Any help would be appreciated.

A:More 8.1 problems: Event id 257, Defrag: "The volume TI10664900J (C:) was not optimized because an error was encountered: The parameter is incorrect. (0x80070057)"

Hi,
This issue could be caused if Defragment take operation on SSD. And as we know SSD cannot be defragged.

To check if your SSD has been defragmented, please run following powershell command:

Get-EventLog -LogName Application -Source "microsoft-windows-defrag" | sort timegenerated -desc | fl timegenerated, message
Judging by the drive letter, you can easily see if your SSD drive gets defragmented. The SSD volume below has been correctly re-trimmed first, but then erroneously defragged.
You can try following steps to avoid defragmentation of your SSD:
Exclude SSD from automatic maintenance
Open the disk optimizer (dfrgui):

Press "Change Settings".      
Press "Choose" and remove checkboxes from SSD volumes.
In addition, I will document it and confirm with product team if it is by design.
Keep post.Kate Li
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/90558f89-6dbb-4004-be9a-c7cd391b03ef/more-81-problems-event-id-257-defrag-quotthe-volume-ti10664900j-c-was-not-optimized-because?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello
I am new to Microsoft Message Analyzer and just downloaded version 1.4 and installed on my Windows 10 laptop
I saved my Windows System Event log as an .evtx file to have some data to start looking at. I note the column entitled 'summary' appears to show the body of the event message. However I see many rows which state "unable to retrieve the event description"
in this column, what do I need to do to fix this issues please? could it of been the way that I saved the .evtx file in the first instance (I accepted the defaults) or do I need to install some additional files/components so the messages are displayed
correctly?

Thanks all
Ernest

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a02a5fbb-39e8-4998-8b8d-ec30abd458a0/when-viewing-system-event-log-evtx-file-many-events-show-quotunable-to-retrieve-the-event?forum=messageanalyzer
Relevancy 85.57%

I installed a free event viewer app and noticed that I sometimes get this error which is pointing to the search service - it IS disabled and thats why it probably fails but what I cant work out is why its even trying to launch the service I went to uninstall Windows Desktop Search and it said that it may have already been uninstalled and removed it from add amp it? use Wsearch I start Viewer, not Event in dont error can remove programs I use XP SP -Bit I think its happening when I boot the computer ive checked services and startup using Autoruns amp HJT and theres nothing to say that Windows Search or anything using it is running at boot ive ran MalwareBytes and SAS and gotten clean results if anyone could help with this it would Wsearch can not start error in Event Viewer, I dont use it? be great - its not causing any problems im just curious Wsearch can not start error in Event Viewer, I dont use it? as to whats causing it too run thanks Type Error Date Time Event Source DCOM Category None User MOTHER Paul Computer MOTHER Description DCOM got error quot quot attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments quot quot in order to run the server D C F-AC - F F-BEB - C C CE nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wsearch-can-not-start-error-in-event-viewer-i-dont-use-it.1070365/
Relevancy 85.57%

Event Log Explorer A tool to help Manage Analyze and Report Windows Event Logs For Windows NT XP operating systems This is a simple quot starter quot guide to help use this tool Note this tool will only work on Windows NT XP It will not work with Windows Vista Download and run Event Log Explorer One time initialization Click Tree- gt Show Tree Click File- gt New Workspace Click File- gt Save Workspace As and save your workspace file anywhere you choose Example To Filter View Export Recent Error and Warning Log Events Open an Event Log gt gt e g Typically you only need look at the System Log for System event records and the Application Log for Application related events Filter the events you want to see for this example we filter to only see Non-Information events that occured in the last days gt gt Click View- gt Filter gt gt Uncheck Information Towards the bottom of the filter window look for Display event for the last enter days Click OK Click File- gt Export Log to save a "Event Event Windows Logs helps Log on your tool Explorer" manage/analyze/report copy of the events for later viewing or sending to others gt gt Check Text file All events Event Description gt gt Uncheck Export Event Data gt gt Check Close dialog "Event Log Explorer" tool helps manage/analyze/report on your Windows Event Logs when done Click Export and save as a txt file on your Desktop Help Troubleshooting an Event Double click an event to see the quot Event Description quot which provides more detail about the event Click Event ID Database button for "Event Log Explorer" tool helps manage/analyze/report on your Windows Event Logs an web page about the event to get general explanation additional information about the Event Look for and click hyperlinks in the Event ID web page for user comments on the "Event Log Explorer" tool helps manage/analyze/report on your Windows Event Logs event You may note that some additional automated help is available via subscription service I ve never tried using the subscription service myself I think what s available for free from the tool plus a little manual internet surfing will likely get all the same information nbsp

A:"Event Log Explorer" tool helps manage/analyze/report on your Windows Event Logs

I use the subscription to EventID.net. It has been greatly helpful. I don't have this analyser but am a big believer in using the Event Viewer. I'll add a description I have written up which will help in determining the Events: This may be useful in addition to the Event Analyzer.

One thing I have not been able to do is keep the filters set with the software in the OS.

Find the Error(s)in the Event Viewer that correspond to the crash/freeze/error message/blue screen, etc.:

Description of the Event Viewer:

Unfortunately, many Windows XP users aren't aware of the Event Viewer, what it is, where it is, how it can help with a problem:
The Event Viewer has logs for everything that happens on the computer. There are three sets of logs: System, Applications and Security. By opening the first two to display the Events, you can look for Errors that correspond to the time of the problem- in your case, the crash.

There are three types of Events in the System and Apps logs:
1. Information (white circle w/blue i): this is just basic documentation of the normal working of the System or Apps.
2. Warnings (yellow triangle w/black exclamation mark) noting some problem at that moment. Warnings usually resolve on their own. If they do not, they become>>>
3. Errors (red circle w/white X- they document something that didn't work or isn't happening as it should. Each Errors has three parts: an ID#, a Source and a Description. By doing a right click> Properties, the Error will open to a screen that can be copied. These three parts taken together can usually lead to cause and resolution.Click to expand...

Start> Run> type in eventvwr
Do this on each the System and the Applications logs:
1. Click to open the log>
2. Look for the Error>
3 .Right click on the Error> Properties>
4. Click on Copy button, top right, below the down arrow
5. Paste here (Ctrl V)

You can ignore the Categories 1 and 2. If you have a recurring Error with same ID#, same Source and same Description, only one copy is needed. You don't need to include the lines of code in the box below the Description, if any.
Vista path can be followed here: (Copy button is on lower left)
http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_tutorials/Monitoring-Event-Logs-Windows-Vista.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/event-log-explorer-tool-helps-manage-analyze-report-on-your-windows-event-logs.130078/
Relevancy 85.57%

Enountered a BSOD that said something along the lines of "Unknown Hard Error" with the code in the title followed by the path: \systemroot\system32\ntdll.dll
It then said something about dumping physical memory to disk. I encountered this BSOD after I purposely powered down my machine and it had been turned off for a couple of hours.

All help is greatly appreciated.

p.s. I encountered an unhandled exception error when trying to run the SF diagnostic tool so I hope it completed sufficiently.

Thanks!

A:BSOD with error code "Stop: C0000221 Unknown Hard Error"

Your latest dump says ....

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa80072be3d8, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : hardware

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Follow the steps stated in Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/255836-bsod-error-code-stop-c0000221-unknown-hard-error.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I have had my vista pc and my windows basic net book setup to message: "Error network code: file No help error shareing 0x80070035". let me share files through network error message: "Error code: 0x80070035". No file shareing help an Netgear DG PN Route for around months with no problems However as of days ago I can no longer do this and non of the network tools can fined or solve the problem I can uses the internet though my rooter see my vista pc on the network as well as the media streaming windows one thing I can also access my net book hard drive from my pc no problem and transfer delete files as well When I do try to connect the following error message is given quot Error code x The network path was not found quot How can I fix this P s I know windows basic has not create home group ability but it worked with the one I made on vista I can not afford to upgrade my copy of windows so that is totally out of the question P p s I am a dummy at this stuff I have tried Enable NetBIOS over TCP IP no joy

A:network error message: "Error code: 0x80070035". No file shareing help

Welcome to SF,

Firewall might be the problem, you'll have to configure it to allow access to "trusted zone".
On some Firewalls or Security Software you might need to completely uninstall them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/184237-network-error-message-error-code-0x80070035-no-file-shareing-help.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I'm having some issues with my computer and I'm not sure what caused it. I trying to open WordPad and I got a Microsoft Visual C++ runtime error that this application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. So I try to check the error in Event Viewer and I get the same error. I tried to go into Services, Computer Management, Device Manager, and I get the same error. There's no error codes or anything else that appears to pinpoint the error. No problems when in Safe Mode. Any ideas on how I can get this fixed without having to reinstall Windows 7? I have Windows 7 64-bit home edition.

A:Microsoft Visual C++ runtime error when trying to start Event Viewer

Welcome to our forum ledgema.

The first thing I would try is sfc /scannow to check Windows 7 system files.
Here is a tutorial by Brink to guide you.
Please post the results.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/345937-microsoft-visual-c-runtime-error-when-trying-start-event-viewer.html
Relevancy 84.71%

"Unable to contact IP driver ,error code 2" please help me resove this error

A:"Unable to contact IP driver ,error code 2" please help me resove this error

When do you get this error?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-contact-ip-driver-error-code-2-please-help-me-resove-this-error-630448.html
Relevancy 84.71%

hello guys i really didnt want to but i have to resort to beggin for help so i was a noob i usually have my brother reformat for me but i decided to do it everything went find but when i went to install my drivers i did my mother board (Code "This cannot 10)" device start first i installed all the available ones for it since i wasent sure which i needed so yeah i did it all good and then i tried to "This device cannot start (Code 10)" install the drivers for my video card and it just didnt do anything and i kept getting the same "This device cannot start (Code 10)" error quot This device cannot start Code quot i think i might have upgraded "This device cannot start (Code 10)" my bios or something but i tried going into bios setup and seeing if i could change the IRQ to VGA but the option doesnt exist so pretty much im stuck here without a video card and have no idea what to do if anyone can give suggestions feel free thanks

A:"This device cannot start (Code 10)"

You dont need to get into the bios.

Go into device manager and under display adapters what exactly does it say?

There are 2 ways this can be done but more information is needed.

What video card do you have and please describe what driver you were trying to install.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/this-device-cannot-start-code-10-a-372342.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi everybody Hi Dr Nick quot I d like to share with you 10 - "code device start" this cannot all my experience with this manifestation of raw evil in the hope that someone might be able to give me a solution I bought this laptop off a certain well-known internet auction site at Christmas and had it shipped to the UK It came with XP installed and a set of copied system restore discs i e not original and a pair of Sony software restore discs same Everything worked wonderfully and I was generally having a jolly nice time with my new uber-portable laptop However I loath XP and I wanted to install w k so I checked that there "code 10 - this device cannot start" were drivers on the sony support site and went ahead with it Nothing worked I say nothing - the touchpad worked but all the cool stuff like the internal wireless the jog dial and the power panel didn t So I gave in and did a system restore to XP using the CDs and everything worked again Except the wireless It gave me the error message in the subject line and despite fiddling about with a whole heap of stuff restoring XP to SP twice and even trying other drivers for it including the original ones from the XP install it came with that I had copied as a precaution against just this sort of digital mishap - nothing can get rid of this darned message I have lost track of the number of times I have uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them I do it daily now every time I come home from work just as an act of faith in case Jesus or Buddha or whoever might have started liking me again The laptop is a VAIO PCG-SRX MHz P M MB RAM running XP SP The wireless card is a Lucent Orinoco mini PCI WAN card or a PCWA-C to use Sony s designation I have tried every update from SOny s esupport site to see if that helps no I have deleted ghost drivers from the device manager I have turned off plug n play int he BIOS I have found a forum that discusses doing something I can t understand with something called quot devcon exe quot - which I downloaded from the MS site but can t get any further with I have tried several fixes from these pages http www hauppauge co uk board archive index php t- html I have even added a registry entry to sort out something to do with the IRQs assigned to my devices None of this has worked http kadaitcha cx irq conflicts html I would love for someone to give me an answer to this if only to restore my faith in the power of human problem solving which is sorely dminished at this point Also if anyone could explain to me why I ahev been messing arund with my BIOS registry I wold be very interested Many thanks Chris nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/code-10-this-device-cannot-start.677418/
Relevancy 84.28%

Event ID error quot x quot re WMI -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I inadvertenly deleted some files and then lost some elements of my desktop settings and other misc stuff I tried using system restore several times and everytime it finished I got a message that it didn't restore anything When I checked to see what the problem was I first got an EVENT ID with code x quot I googled this and found some fixes which I applied and then ran system restore I got EVENT ID with different code quot x quot Applied some other suggestion ran system restore and of course got EVENT ID and this time error quot x quot 10. error "0x80041003" re:WMI Event ID with the following script - System - Provider Name Microsoft-Windows-WMI Guid edeee - afe- -b Event ID 10. error "0x80041003" re:WMI -d c b b f EventSourceName WinMgmt - EventID Qualifiers Version Level Task Opcode Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Correlation - Execution ProcessID ThreadID Channel Application Computer Sam-PC Security - EventData root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA quot Win Processor quot AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Log Name Application Source Microsoft-Windows-WMI Date PM Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer Sam-PC Description Event filter with query quot SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA quot Win Processor quot AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt quot could not be reactivated in namespace quot root CIMV quot because of error x Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-WMI quot Guid quot edeee - afe- -b -d c b b f quot EventSourceName quot WinMgmt quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt Event ID 10. error "0x80041003" re:WMI lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Sam-PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt root CIMV lt Data gt lt Data gt SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA quot Win Processor quot AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage amp gt lt Data gt lt Data gt x lt Data gt lt EventData gt Can anyone help I'm lost and I just want to restore it to where it was and not have to reformat and reinstall a fresh operating system and all the nonsense that goes with it By the way I do have a backup on a removable drive which I may be able to use however when checking the event log I see that I have been getting this EVENT ID since forever Thanks Specs Gateway Desktop Vista Home Premium x service pack gig ram all updates

A:Event ID 10. error "0x80041003" re:WMI

Hi -

Please see this MS KB Event 10 & 0x80041003 --> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950375

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/event-id-10-error-0x80041003-re-wmi-510323.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I got couple machines with repeating "error:cdrom, device is not ready" in XP event log.

these are LitleON SATA DVD R/W. DVD R/W seems to be working, the repeating error message is slowing down the machine.

Any help is appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-cdrom-xp-event-log-570881.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core or Error boot-start to cdrom" failed "The system-start 7026 following load: driver(s) TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASRock Z Extreme Gen Antivirus AVG Internet Security Updated and Enabled ----------------- Problem My Windows Professional quot Explorer quot tree not Internet Explorer no longer lists my CD DVD ROM DRIVE under the Device Manager Drives It used to I ve checked the System Registry and it has lots of info about that ATAPI drive but my system fails to find the quot cdrom quot driver which is the one Windows uses by default It s not a rd-party driver The tray on Error 7026 "The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: cdrom" my CD DVD drive opens and closes properly Windows just won t recognize the drive so I can t use it I m hoping someone can offer a manual solution to get it working again I do not want to spend a month to reinstall my OS and tons of hard-to-configure software I ve read countless other posts and solutions both here and on MS Error 7026 "The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: cdrom" s sites The info on MS s sites is not even understandable It s too vague and often doesn t even apply to my situation Note The error message is quot The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load cdrom quot --------The following log file came from my Windows Pro Event Viewer ------- Log Name System Source Service Control Manager Date PM Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer Larry-PC Description The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load cdrom Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Service Control Manager quot Guid quot d -a d - - e e- d f quot EventSourceName quot Service Control Manager quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Larry-PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt cdrom lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt ------------------------ I really could use some expert help with this issue nbsp

A:Error 7026 "The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: cdrom"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-7026-the-following-boot-start-or-system-start-driver-s-failed-to-load-cdrom.1127765/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi Everyone,

First post here, allow me to thank you in advance for your good help - people like me who have limited information on diagnostics and repair owe a deep debt of gratitude for your service.

I own an Acer Aspire V5-571P-6815, which has put up the Recovery blue screen of death, citing Boot Configuration Data file is missing some required information. It also cites File:\BCD, Error Code 0xc0000034. It says I'll need to use the recovery tools ion my installation media or boot cd/USB device.

Thank you so much for any help you may be able to give me. I am ready to carry out instruction. I have my cell phone, iPad, and temporarily, another laptop with CD burner.

EDIT: I also have access to UEFI Firmware Settings with menu options. Thanks.

Best,

Maitai11

A:BSOD, error code 0xc0000034, Acer Aspire V5, "Recovery"

Wow, I didn't know topics were posted so quickly - I thought I had lost my post, but it turns out that it already ended up on the 2nd page...

So, I'm sorry to be bumping this, but I was just wondering if someone could get me started in the right direction? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

Maitai

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/57499-bsod-error-code-0xc0000034-acer-aspire-v5-recovery.html
Relevancy 83.85%

All First I will say that I have searched and tried many options to no avail Here is the history I bought my laptop with Windows Vista just over years ago HP G with the option to upgrade to Win Home I did a clean install of Win after receiving the disks and replacing the hard drive it went bad year days after purchase I have a dual boot system with XP and Home It has been working great and nearly flawlessly since that activation Last week I had an opportunity to utilize the anytime upgrade to Pro so I entered the key and it upgraded to Pro with no problems I didn't realize it needed to reactivate until this morning when I got to work and a screen popped up stating that the Win Pro product key you typed is invalid for activation error code XC E I have attempted quot slui exe quot and I only have options none of which include the telephone option I have been to the windows website and been able to get updates and have run the mgadiag exe program results below The windows website also states that I have a genuine product Unable activate Code 0XC004E003 Error "anytime - to upgrade" per the online tests so I am at a loss Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - -M DJT- Unable to activate "anytime upgrade" - Error Code 0XC004E003 J WC- WD Windows Product Unable to activate "anytime upgrade" - Error Code 0XC004E003 Key Hash xo ajVSpae VoZjS m JL f A Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM SLP Windows OS version ID -FD F- C -B -AB A D F Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Professional Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt -FD F- C -B -AB A D F lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - - WD lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Hewlett-Packard lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt HP G Notebook PC lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt Hewlett-Packard lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt F C lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt ED B F lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Alaskan Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt HPQOEM lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt SLIC-MPC lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Sof... Read more

A:Unable to activate "anytime upgrade" - Error Code 0XC004E003

All,

Problem solved via Windows Answers Forums. Turns out I got a bum upgrade... Will no longer trust co-workers and their stories...

Thanks anyway.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/186274-unable-activate-anytime-upgrade-error-code-0xc004e003.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I know this was from an old thread nearly two years actually but I wanted to make sure it was still more readily accessible I searched for nine hours today and kept running against the same set of quot fixes quot which didn't fix anything I have Vista Home bit and somehow I truly have no idea Windows Installer disappeared I don't mean turned off or otherwise inaccessible It wasn't there I went back and forth to services etc searched online and on the computer and got NOWHERE - until I found this thread Repair Windows Installer Service in "Windows Vista Can Installer in For Service Be code Not error Accessed" Vista All Versions It was simple but I never even thought about it I followed the steps with one exception because my msiserver service file was completely absent from For "Windows Installer Service Can Not Be Accessed" error code in Vista the damaged registry running quot sfc scannow quot didn't do anything and I had to open the services file and import the changes from there rather than double clicking the msiserver reg file I am very very grateful to have had this information and I hope by posting my experience from today here it will help someone else who's ready to drop kick their computer Thanks vp

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/296013-windows-installer-service-can-not-accessed-error-code-vista.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hello I've received this error upon start up and my computer continually shuts down after 1 minute. I saw that someone had this exact same problem as me. The only difference is my computer won't log in pass the Welcome screen. It just says 'loading your personal settings' but it doesn't load. I also can't go into Safe Mode to try and fix the problem. I have an HP Pavillion zt3000, Windows XP. If someone could help, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nt-authority-and-c-windows-system32-services-code-error-1073741482.859489/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hello Actually this is more than errors in the Services Console Panel I have several errors with my fresh install of Windows Pro which I have never experienced before What also boggles me with all this is that my user account is set as Administrator as usual but still Windows behaves as it isn't In the Services Console Panel it says with almost all of the services lt Failed to Read Description Error Code gt Please see the attached image Second I am not able to rename folders in Program Files folder not able Description. Code: Read 2" Panel Services to "Failed Error to delete Services Panel "Failed to Read Description. Error Code: 2" files in sub folders of Program Files such as old log files not able to turn off Windows Firewall not able to disable Network adapter not able to access and update internet time and not able to access quot Change your account name quot and so on in User Accounts Deleting folders and files in Program Files I was able to solve by running Command Prompt as admin With internet time I receive the message box quot Date and Time quot quot Unable to continue - You do not have permission to perform this task Please contact quot and so on With trying to disable the network adapter I get the message quot Error Disabling Connection quot - quot It is not possible to disable the connection at this time This connection may be using one or more protocols that do not support Plug-and-Play quot and so on In User Accounts there is no response with all the links from and included quot Change your account name quot and down When clicking quot Make changes to my account in PC settings quot I get forwarded but then I get the message quot Page not found Sorry the page you requested isn't available or you've found an outdated link quot My question to all this is if there is a common cause to all this that is fairly easy to fix or do I have to install the backup of my fresh install Besides of the inconvenience with things not working I am in the end of installing and configuring several applications so installing the fresh install backup is not what I am most eager to do either If someone could please help me out I would very much appreciate it Thanks LaurentZG

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/32960-services-panel-failed-read-description-error-code-2-a.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hey all,

I am interested in testing out the Windows 7 Release Candidate, my Windows Update detected it as a important update, I tried to install it through Windows Update twice, always failing with the error code "80073701". I have no idea why this is happening, and I haven't changed any important system settings.

Thanks for the help !

-McDougal

A:SP1 Release Candidate failed to install with error code "80073701"

here are a couple of things you can try:

How do I reset Windows Update components?

How to troubleshoot Windows Update or Microsoft Update when you are repeatedly offered an update

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/121951-sp1-release-candidate-failed-install-error-code-80073701-a.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I ve recently installed Windows on a new pc and am having distinct issues The first is that I have found that I am unable to make many programs start with Windows Avast will as will AI Roboform and Open Office but other 2 Programs with Event start log Windows, error fail in Viewer issues: to simply refuse to do so My firewall Look n Stop for example has the option quot Start with Windows quot Checking the box has no effect the program fails to start with Windows This issue is repeated with a number of other programs e g Speedfan Peerblock In addition adding the programs to the Startup 2 issues: Programs fail to start with Windows, error in Event Viewer log folder has variable success The firewall for example does load on startup when added to 2 issues: Programs fail to start with Windows, error in Event Viewer log the startup folder but neither Speedfan or Peerblock do The second problem is that I am registering the error quot The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load EIO XP quot in the Administrative Events section of Event Viewer I ve searched everywhere and have been unable to find a copy of this driver It appears to be associated with the ASUS Smartdoctor utility which I do not have I did download and install it to see if that corrected the problem but it did not and I have since uninstalled it I am running Win bit Any suggestions much appreciated nbsp

A:2 issues: Programs fail to start with Windows, error in Event Viewer log

Are the programs with which you are having problems compatible with Windows 7 64-bit?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-issues-programs-fail-to-start-with-windows-error-in-event-viewer-log.954984/
Relevancy 83.85%

I've got a weird problem here to report I'm on a Lenovo N laptop running Windows x Around half the time the computer will boot up with the trackpad not responding During times when this happens I can look into the device manager and see a quot code quot quot device cannot start quot for the trackpad Restarting the computer fixes Trackpad work, every boot other error doesn't gives "code 10" on the problem I've had the problem once or twice over the last few years but just a few weeks ago it started happening very regularly - of all startup attempts I can't recall making any notable changes to the Trackpad doesn't work, gives error "code 10" on every other boot system lately that could cause something like this When the problem first started it also affected the display adapter Windows would start with Trackpad doesn't work, gives error "code 10" on every other boot an extremely low resolution and the graphic card would show a similar fault in the device Trackpad doesn't work, gives error "code 10" on every other boot manager in addition to the trackpad problem described here but this has since stopped I have tried updating the driver for the trackpad to a newer version but the problem persists Hardware faults were considered but I was able to successfully boot the computer from a WinPE CD five times in a row with no issues so it would seem like this is less likely to be a hardware bug Any ideas as to where to go from here I don't want to have to reinstall an otherwise clean and functional operating system for something this trivial

A:Trackpad doesn't work, gives error "code 10" on every other boot

Hi, try using this to check the temps HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID
Temps can play havoc with laptops.
Cleaning the fan and air vents with a can of compressed air might clear away ant dust or debris, which could cause temps to rise.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/trackpad-doesnt-work-gives-error-code-10-on-every-other-boot-1010066.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I have to PC's that belong to the same homegroup. When I go to explorer, there is a delay before the other PC shows up and yet another delay when I select to browse that PC. If I close and go back I'll often get this error code and then there are time when I get the code on the first try. These PCs are running Windows 8.1 Pro and powered on 100% of the time. I noticed this nonsense while on Windows 7 as well.

A:Error code 0x80070035 "The Network path was not found"

I see the same types of problem with 8.1, some lag when I open the Library on Homegroup machines.

That error message is what you get when access fails but there are a million other reasons why it's failing.

These types of problems aren't easy to track down and you really need to start with the basics and work your way up.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/36089-error-code-0x80070035-network-path-not-found.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hello I have tried to start up my PC recently and I get the message that my boot system has failed due to the fact it's missing the file quot BCD quot I have contacted the microsoft company to report this issue no one can help me without my product code or a disc USB with the windows system on it I have none of these and yet my issue still remains My PC has worked perfectly the day before I shut it down I'm trying very hard to restore my system but all I can find of the ways to restore it is by clicking control panel etc I cannot access my laptop's desktop all I get is this error message and options to enter the setup utilities firmware and boot options In all I'm asking for is is there a way to restore my system from Error Code: "Missing File: Windows 8, 0xc0000034" \BCD any of these options Windows 8, "Missing File: \BCD Error Code: 0xc0000034" or is this another toss away laptop because windows has failed to find this missing file I cannot get a replacement because I do not have the key with me that was used to install the operating system This is all very frustrating and not to mention my job relies on this computer so it's putting everything to risk Windows 8, "Missing File: \BCD Error Code: 0xc0000034" with my situation right now Thank you very much for your support with this matter I look forward to your options

A:Windows 8, "Missing File: \BCD Error Code: 0xc0000034"

You may borrow a Windows 8 disk from a friend and boot from this disk
Select the correct time and Keyboard type.
Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner.
Select Troubleshoot from Choose an option screen.
Click Advanced options in Troubleshoot screen.
Click on command Prompt.
Type these following commands and hit enter after each line of command:
Bootrec /fixmbr
Bootrec /fixboot
Bootrec /scanos
Bootrec /rebuildbcd

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/46965-windows-8-missing-file-bcd-error-code-0xc0000034.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I have a problem.

My laptop won't boot so I tested with a PC Analyzer Card or a POST Card.

The error I recieve from this card is 1A & 22 (Seperate display panels).
I am led to believe that 1A is the correct error code as 22 isn't anything major.

Here are the Code Descriptions:
1A:
Award - "Display CPU Clock"
AMI - "The memory refresh line is toggling. Checking the 15-second on/off time next"
Pheonix4.0 - 8237 DMA Controller initialization

22:
Award - Initialize Slot 2
AMI - N/A
Pheonix4.0 - Test 8742 Keyboard Controller

I don't know what BIOS the computer has. It is an ACER ASPIRE 1355LC.

Could someone please tell me what these codes mean to me or how i could possibly correct the error?

Many Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-code-1a-the-memory-refresh-line-is-toggling.851892/
Relevancy 83.85%

Vista SP Update quot Hot Fix quot for Error Code x e e With Help from Microsoft Windows Vista SP Update quot Hot Fix quot for Error Code x e e With Help from Microsoft is now availble effective There has been many outdated post on Error Code x e e and many tech forumns have attempted to apply those fixes for this undefined error code in relation to Windows Update SP and those outdated fixes DO NOT apply and several issues can cause this error code for many Windows Updates however the quot HOT FIX quot is in for Error Code x e e and is posted as below with other related task Vista from "Hot Update Microsoft Fix" With Code for 0x8e5e0147 7/06/09 Help Error SP2 as well that may also show the othere issues in Vista SP2 Update "Hot Fix" for Error Code 0x8e5e0147 With Help from Microsoft 7/06/09 relation to this Error Code in Windows Update for Future Update Error Code issues on Code x e e Tips and Tricks quot Hot Fix quot for Error Code x e e Posted in Techguy org First SAVE ALL FILES AND DOWNLOADS TO YOUR DESKTOP SO THEY CAN BE EASILY FOUND AND WHEN YOU COMPLETE THIS PROCESS CREATE A NEW FOLDER NAMED quot ERROR CODE X E E HOT FIX quot WITHOUT QUOTES SO YOU WILL HAVE A DEFINED TROUBLESHOOTING FIX IN THE FUTURE FOR THIS ERROR CODE The Following fix can also be done from the Microsoft site below automatically under Other related fixes to Error Code x e e BUT usually this has to be done Manually with a created batch file so lets begin Open Notepad and Create a New File Copy and Paste the following text as it appears into your Notepad net stop cryptsvc net stop wuauserv ren windir system catroot catroot old ren windir SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution old regsvr comcat dll s Regsvr Msxml dll s Regsvr Msxml dll s proxycfg -u Regsvr Msxml dll s regsvr shdoc dll s regsvr cdm dll s regsvr softpub dll s regsvr wintrust dll s regsvr initpki dll s regsvr dssenh dll s regsvr rsaenh dll s regsvr gpkcsp dll s regsvr sccbase dll s regsvr slbcsp dll s regsvr mssip dll s regsvr cryptdlg dll s regsvr wucltui dll s regsvr shdoc dll i s regsvr dssenh dll s regsvr rsaenh dll s regsvr gpkcsp dll s regsvr sccbase dll s regsvr slbcsp dll s regsvr asctrls ocx s regsvr wintrust dll s regsvr initpki dll s regsvr softpub dll s regsvr oleaut dll s regsvr shdocvw dll I s regsvr shdocvw dll s regsvr browseui dll s regsvr browseui dll I s regsvr msrating dll s regsvr mlang dll s regsvr hlink dll s regsvr mshtmled dll s regsvr urlmon dll s regsvr plugin ocx s regsvr sendmail dll s regsvr scrobj dll s regsvr mmefxe ocx s regsvr corpol dll s regsvr jscript dll s regsvr msxml dll s regsvr imgutil dll s regsvr thumbvw dll s regsvr cryptext dll s regsvr rsabase dll s regsvr inseng dll s regsvr iesetup dll i s regsvr cryptdlg dll s regsvr actxprxy dll s regsvr dispex dll s regsvr occache dll s regsvr occache dll i s regsvr iepeers dll s regsvr urlmon dll i s regsvr cdfview dll s regsvr webcheck dll s regsvr mobsync dll s regsvr pngfilt dll s regsvr licmgr dll s regsvr icmfilter dll s regsvr hhctrl ocx s regsvr inetcfg dll s regsvr tdc ocx s regsvr MSR C DLL s regsvr msident dll s regsvr msieftp dll s regsvr xmsconf ocx s regsvr ils dll s regsvr msoeacct dll s regsvr inetcomm dll s regsvr msdxm ocx s regsvr dxmasf dll s regsvr l codecx ax s regsvr acelpdec ax s regsvr mpg ds ax s regsvr voxmsdec ax s regsvr danim dll s regsvr Daxctle ocx s regsvr lmrt dll s regsvr datime dll s regsvr dxtrans dll s regsvr dxtmsft dll s regsvr WEBPOST DLL s regsvr WPWIZDLL DLL s regsvr POSTWPP DLL s regsvr CRSWPP DLL s regsvr FTPWPP DLL s regsvr FPWPP DLL s regsvr WUAPI DLL s regsvr wups dll S regsvr WUAUENG DLL s regsvr ATL DLL s regsvr WUCLTUI DLL s regsvr WUPS DLL s regsvr WUWEB DLL s regsvr wshom ocx s regsvr wshext dll s regsvr vbscript dll s regsvr scrrun dll mstinit exe setup s regsvr msnsspc dll SspcCreateSspiReg s regsvr msapsspc dll SspcCreateSspiReg s proxycfg amp d sc sdset wuauserv DA CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC SY A CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO BA A CCLCSWLOC... Read more

A:Vista SP2 Update "Hot Fix" for Error Code 0x8e5e0147 With Help from Microsoft 7/06/09

Impressive, thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-sp2-update-hot-fix-for-error-code-0x8e5e0147-with-help-from-microsoft-7-06-09.841007/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hello My laptop is a Dv - dx running Windows home edition Service Pack -bit OS when i start up my computer everything is fine it loads up i sign in and the desktop loads up with no problem i've had a problem where my laptop would not respond when closing the lid shutting down restarting hibernating but not so much when i did hibernate it so i have been doing this for the past year it would turn to a blank screen after it says shutting down or any of the other error code: random and "The BSOD: bugcheck 0x0000009f" ones and it will stay on the fan will turn into high gear speed up and the laptop would BSOD: random and error "The bugcheck code: 0x0000009f" get really hot after this i would have to press the power button to turn it off Sometimes while im just doing some easy task like on chrome the laptop will stop responding not even the task manager will come on i would be stuck on a blank screen when i press CTRL ALT DELETE and then a message couple moments later quot Failure to display security and shut down options quot so i would have to power off and start it back up fresh It was only yesterday that after when it was not responding that i tried to restart it logged off was shutting down it took about like minutes of hanging before i got the blue screen DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE I looked into it and on Bluescreenview were athrx sys b b ntoskrnl exe e c in red i updated my drivers and i shut down couple times with no problems then when i went to shut down later on i got BSOD: random and error "The bugcheck code: 0x0000009f" another blue screen but this time its only ntoskrnl exe e c I dont know how to fix this if all of the stated problems are connected or if this is seperate Sorry for the essay

A:BSOD: random and error "The bugcheck code: 0x0000009f"

Welcome

Dump shows that athrx.sys is still the cause.

Code:
0: kd> !irp fffffa8006901a70
Irp is active with 4 stacks 2 is current (= 0xfffffa8006901b88)
No Mdl: No System Buffer: Thread 00000000: Irp stack trace.
cmd flg cl Device File Completion-Context
[ 0, 0] 0 0 00000000 00000000 00000000-00000000

Args: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
>[ 16, 2] 0 0 fffffa8003dce050 00000000 00000000-00000000
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\athrx.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for athrx.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for athrx.sys
\Driver\athr
Args: 00015500 00000000 00000005 00000003
[ 16, 2] 0 e1 fffffa8004b29710 00000000 fffff80003327200-fffffa800387c9f0 Success Error Cancel pending
\Driver\vwifibus nt!PopSystemIrpCompletion
Args: 00015500 00000000 00000005 00000003
[ 0, 0] 0 0 00000000 00000000 00000000-fffffa800387c9f0

Args: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
Upgrading drivers for pre-existing device Open Windows Device Manager.
- Click on the start
- Type Device Management on the search bar
- Hit enter
In the Device Manager locate the device you wish to update the drivers for/look for a
Right-click the device and click Properties.
In the Properties window click the Driver tab.
Click the Update Driver button.
In the Hardware Update Wizard point Windows to the location of the updated drivers on your hard drive
Once drivers have been installed reboot.

Also look for an update on your BIOS version.

Code:
BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard F.10, 10/15/2009

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/253857-bsod-random-error-bugcheck-code-0x0000009f.html
Relevancy 83.85%

All of my computer updates have worked like a charm for me, except for Service Pack 1. It says it's always "downloaded", but it never actually succeeds on the installation process. The error code "800B0100" is something I have stuck in my memory, . So, I've tried ALL of Windows's fixes, with no result yet. Windows Readiness Tool doesn't work. I even had to do a factory reset once, due to a problem? guess what? Still SP1 problems. All other updates download and get installed ASAP, but this Service Pack 1 is really making me think something's wrong with my laptop.

So, any idea why the update doesn't work? I've scanned my laptop several times, full scans, high heuristics, scanning PUP's, and even scans before boot, and a healthy laptop. No problem with anything, except no SP1.

A:Windows 7 Premium 64-bit, "800B01000" Error Code, SP1 Install.

Dear BZK121,
Run the System Readiness Update Tool. The tool creates CheckSur.log report in C:\Windows\Logs\CBS folder. Kindly post it. The log will provide information as to what has gone wrong.

Regards,
sree (sreedhav)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/218225-windows-7-premium-64-bit-800b01000-error-code-sp1-install.html
Relevancy 83.85%

i tried typing in sfc /scannow in the run box but it just dissappeared right after nothing happened.Ive googled it for answers and tried your advice but still no results,any more ideas greatly appreciated.My registry defragmenter won't even run now either error code 1450 insufficient space.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-code-vct3216-dll-sfc-scannow-didnt-work-423443.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Whenever I try to install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, it says that it could not find the file specified and it shows me the error code 0x80070002. I am using Windows 10
Things I've tried so far:
Going into control panel, clicking "Turn Windows Features on or off" Then clicking ".NET Framework 3.5 (Includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)" I've also tried disabling .NET 4.6 Advanced Services
Going through the tutorial on Microsoft.com about the error
Please help, it would be much appreciated

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e030d422-944e-4505-a831-6986bf9600ef/quotthe-system-could-not-find-the-file-specifiedquot-error-code-0x80070002?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 83.85%

i want to create recovery imag
when i try using "command prompt" (as admin) , writing image struck at 1% after 20 mins it screen displays "Error Code - 0x80070005"....
refer snap shot
thank yuu

A:cant create recovery image "Error Code - 0x80070005"

you already have a thread going with this same topic ,why start a new one ???

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/61452-cant-create-recovery-image-error-code-0x80070005.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi guys I wanna update my net framework with an offline installer but this error always shows up I tried finding some fix but not even a single one worked So I was hoping that maybe you could help me with this Here's the log file OS Version SP Platform OS Description Windows - x Home Premium Edition MSI Windows version x windowsfoundation bf ad e none f ed c manifest Windows servicing CommandLine C e eb c bb ce da c f Setup exe x x Using Simultaneous Download and Install mechanism Operation Installing Package Name Microsoft NET Framework Setup Package Version User Experience Data Collection Number of applicable items Exe C e eb c bb ce da c f SetupUtility exe succeeded Exe Log File dd SetupUtility txt ServiceControl operation succeeded ServiceControl operation succeeded Exe C e eb c bb ce da c f SetupUtility code: Framework (0x80070643)" .NET failed "Installation 4.5 with error exe succeeded Exe Log File dd SetupUtility txt MSI C e eb c bb ce da c f netfx Full x msi Installation failed Msi Log Microsoft NET Framework Setup -MSI netfx Full x msi txt Final Result Installation failed with error code x quot Fatal error during installation quot Elapsed time But before anything else I think there's something fishy about my regedit 'cause some other guys say that I should Check if following registry keys have correct values MsiExecCA should end with Windows syswow msiexec exe MsiExecCA should end with Windows system msiexec exe But I cant find them here

A:.NET Framework 4.5 "Installation failed with error code: (0x80070643)"

From your post.

Quote:
OS Version = 6.1.7600, SP = 0.0, Platform 2

You need to use Windows 7 Update and install SP-1 first. SP-1 should read 6.1.7601.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/367055-net-framework-4-5-installation-failed-error-code-0x80070643.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I have never had a problem installing updates to Win 8.1 and all important updates are fully installed. Every time I try to update to Win10 it says "downloading Windows 10 - checking requirements" and then I get the above error message. Any help would be much appreciated!
Steve

A:"Windows 10 couldn't be installed" Error code 80070005

Same problem here. Tired of wasting hours downloading over and over again and getting the same error. None of the suggestions I have found and tried work. No wonder they are giving it away free. To frustrate the heck out of everyone. I find it hard to believe in all the testing, they had no occurrences of this and have not come up with a solution.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/9732-windows-10-couldnt-installed-error-code-80070005-a.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I have a Windows 7 machine.
It was working fine.
Now it will not boot.
When I try system repair, it says:
Root cause found
A patch is preventing the system from starting.
Repair action: System file integrity cheack and repair
Result: Failed. Error code 0x490

I have tried doing safe mode, last known good configuration etc and nothing works
Also, I tried to restore to an early checkpoint, but it claims that none exist, even thought I know we save restore points.

Please advise?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1d7febc3-8d42-4f90-9c82-f44a1b6eadc5/windows-7-quota-patch-is-preventing-the-system-from-startingquot-error-code-0x490?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi I have a Samsung PM GB SSD I made an image backup two nights ago with Windows Ultimate -bit Then yesterday nbsp I had some issues with partition alignment which somehow botched the Windows code Windows parameter incorrect") (Error is 0x80070057; "the restore image Repair Recovery Environment found in quot Repair Your Computer quot Windows image restore (Error code 0x80070057; "the parameter is incorrect") when you hit F on boot Windows however was fine after a startup repair and the partition was aligned perfectly However I couldn't get the Recovery Environment back so I did a fresh install Windows image restore (Error code 0x80070057; "the parameter is incorrect") of Windows Professional -bit onto my system The recovery partition was there and on a side note it was aligned correctly too I am now trying to restore the image I made a few days ago However I realize I cannot conduct this restore of the image if Iaccess the recovery environment through the hard drive tells me it can't restore because the environment is on the hard drive which is to be restored or a disc I cannot eject a disc in the recovery environemnt due to lacking drivers for the touch-sensitive eject key So I put the Recovery Environment on a flash drive which seems to work fine though I cannot be certain that this is working perfectly Nonetheless I insert the disc with my backup GB Blu-ray DL and the jump drive Boot into the recovery environment via flash drive my motherboard supports USB booting and attempt to restore the image It tells me it will have to format the drive etc However as soon as I click the final quot yes quot prompt and it starts to restore it immediately spits an error at me Error The parameter is incorrectCode x I have google'd this for hours no luck so few people have this problem and if so it is in MAKING the backup not restoring it The disc is fine I've cleaned in numerous times If you can't figure out the solution can someone PLEASE tell me how to get this image onto my hard drive somehow It is a vhd file about GB in size but it includes a handful of other cryptically-titled files Thanks Ibrahim Some possible useful bits of information I made an image of my Ultimate -bit drive but only had a Pro disc handy I have my Ultimate -bit key but don't have the disc currently So I'm trying to restore an image of Ultimate -bit onto my Pro -bit installation issue There were no errors when making the image Idea wipe the drive clean how and then use the image restore tool on my jump drive I would do this RIGHT now but I don't know how to format the hard drive without concurrently installing Windows I have GParted which I initially used to align the partition on a disc just use that I want to be SURE that this is a good solution though if I formatted it tried the restore and it failed it would be a PITA to have to reinstall again

A:Windows image restore (Error code 0x80070057; "the parameter is incorrect")

Guys. I fixed it. It's doing the image restore now. I called MS and they told me that you can't do an image restore unless ALL the drives are exactly as they were. Meaning when I was using my jump drive to initiate the recovery (because I can't eject the recovery disk to put in the image disk), it was counting that as a drive. So no go on using a jump drive to initiate the Windows Recovery Environment. That was what was the "the parameter is incorrect; 0x80070057" error. I figured out a workaround that I should have seen INSTANTLY. All this time, it's been there. When you're selecting an image, Microsoft realized some people might have their images on external drives which require special drivers. You just go there and wala, you see a Browse icon. Go in there, right-click the optical drive, eject, put in the one with the image. It's restoring now. OH YEAH! And, btw, if you were wondering, 3 is the limit of times you can clean install from an upgrade disk on 7. I had to call and get that working,too. ~Ibrahim~

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d1d5e820-4b3f-4848-8861-8c0736c5fd1a/windows-image-restore-error-code-0x80070057-quotthe-parameter-is-incorrectquot?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 83.85%

Computer Specs Hp DV - dx Windows Bit Ultimate Intel Core Duo Ghz processor Gb Ram Hey guys thanks a lot for strolling through I truly appreciate it and hope with everyones assistance this issue will get resolved So here's my issue have I've found that everytime I have allowed windows update to install anything that has had to do with security following the updates I have always run into the BSOD resulting in restoring my computer to an earlier date Well Offline" with Defender Bootable error "Windows 0x code utility Problem this time things are a bit different Whenever my computer has seemed to start to choke up and really begins to lag from things as simple as maximizing a minimized window and it taking about seconds for it to do so the BSOD is coming Heres an example of one Ill be honest with you guys I dont know how to interpret what the cause of it is nor do I know where people find it event viewer logs but surprisingly I've worked on computers all my life really So heres the issue Computer completely froze up on me this time cursor wouldn't react nothing BSOD then I found myself in A continuous looping failure Problem with Bootable "Windows Defender Offline" utility error code 0x of Windows Start up Repair unable to actually load windows Problem with Bootable "Windows Defender Offline" utility error code 0x I tried repairing the device by booting off my windows disk and this is the error I keep getting by the way let me add that theres no restore point of course right so that wasn't an option Now if im not mistaken that will be translated further in my logs file Ive honestly really never known how to go about checking but always have seen people pasting a huge report of there BSOD's on here for people to examine and I dont know how to find that info I dont mind being honest here Anyhow I looked it up and found here on the forum the quot Windows Defender offline quot utility which I made on another laptop running windows bit as well putting it onto a USB flash drive which it updated and all this time booting off of the flash drive and this is what I had in front of me just to confirm Thinking things were going to go well then this error screen pops up error x Which then restarts the computer I looked it up and honestly was overwhelmed with so many things that I couldn't do such as sfc scannow which didnt work because the only time I am able to open up command prompt is when I were to place the windows cd in and go into repair which in command prompt tells me it cannot perform the scan because there is a Windows repair in progress Restart the computer and try again I dont know what to do guys but honestly my life is on this hard drive and I cannot I cant lose all of my stuff GOOD NEWS IS I think I removed the hard drive and plugged it into my Drive Mate and im able to access all the files I put as much of what I could onto an external HD in case things turn for the worst But im hoping by having access to all the folders as if I were able to load windows maybe with your guys assistance I could rid the issue thats causing this all Please Again thanks for reading through this and sticking through it with me I am confident that whatever questions you may have I can answer even if I have to look up how to get them so please if there is anything further that I have left out or anyone may need to assist me fire away please It would mean the world to me honestly for mine is on this hard drive Thanks so much

A:Problem with Bootable "Windows Defender Offline" utility error code 0x

no one?? :/
how about if I just delete the boot folder?

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/364890-problem-bootable-windows-defender-offline-utility-error-code-0x.html