Windows Support Forum

External HDD Keeps Disconnecting Itself

Q: External HDD Keeps Disconnecting Itself

Anyone know why my external HDD keeps disconnecting itself?

It used to do it with my old PC, and I thought it was due to the slow processor, but the new one should be fast enough. Also, my other 120gb external HDD used to do it too, so I always thought it was my old PC's fault. But now that my new PC is doing it, I'm stumped.

When I first connected it to the new PC to upload the old PC's files (using SynbackSE), it stayed connected the whole time (several hours).

And I was never asked to format it.

Now it disconnects every few minutes, then when it reconnects, the usual popups appear and a request to format the disk.

Does anyone know how to solve this please?

thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: External HDD Keeps Disconnecting Itself

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: External HDD Keeps Disconnecting Itself

go into power options in the control panel.
change plan settings
then click change advanced
expand usb and check that Usb selective suspend is disabled.

This will at least cover it from the windows side of things.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/148749-external-hdd-keeps-disconnecting-itself.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,

I have a Seagate FreeAgent Desktop External HDD and I have had it for over a year now. It was working fine until yesterday when it started disconnecting and reconnecting whenever I moved the laptop. I figured that there must be something wrong with the USB port on my laptop or with the cable.
I tried the HDD in my other laptop which is running XP (not vista like the first one) and instead of just disconnecting it reported a "power surge on hub port". I assume that this rules out the USB ports on the laptops as the problem. However, most of what I've read on power surge issues points to the actual HDD unit itself.
Is it possible that it is just the cable that is causing all the problems or should I try to recover my information from the HDD and get a new one?

Thanks,
MrsB

Relevancy 54.61%

Hello,

I bought new external USB 3 harddisk (Verbatim External Hard Drive 2TB USB 3.0) this christmas and I've got a little problem. Sometimes disk just disconnect from computer. When I turn on computer everything is ok but sometimes after hours it just disconnect. I tried to change USB slot but it's still same. I was thinking about their "sleep" mode but it can't be possible because I'm still using it - I've got music there.

I have got the latest USB 3 drivers from Asus website.

A:External HDD disconnecting from PC

are you using it as a plug and play device, or is it managed by 3rd party software?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/209591-external-hdd-disconnecting-pc.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Every time I connect my external usb hdd to backup something,when I try to eject the drive(safely remove hardware),windows always says that the drive is used by something and will not allow me to safely disconnect the hdd.

If I just connect the drive and then disconnect it with "safely remove hardware",then it's fine but if I do some copy=>pasting,I have to set the drive to offline from device manager to be able to use "safely remove hardware"

It's 2TB "TOSHIBA External USB 3.0 USB Device" and when I check with Process Hacker,nothing is using the hdd.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/382772-why-do-i-always-have-problems-disconnecting-my-external-hdd.html
Relevancy 53.75%

In W10.1607 x86 when I eject a External USB HDD, it does not Power Down, I mean the Eject Procedure is not being totally finished. The Safe to Eject message appears but the light on HDD stays on and if I pull it out I can listen the Motor spinning down.
That is it not good, that will damage in short time the HDD.
The same HDD in a w10 x64 is working correctly.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/63894-external-usb-hdd-not-disconnecting-properly.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey guys i have had this problem for about months now and i still cannot External Keeps Disconnecting Hardrive find a fix on my own What happens it I have an external External Hardrive Keeps Disconnecting hard drive to save External Hardrive Keeps Disconnecting footage and I edit the gameplay footage but the external hard drive disconnects every usb that i have My internet card headphones mouse keyboard all for a split second then comes back on And it only happens when im using my external hard drive to either transfer files or have the files open Even when im playing a game that is downloaded on that hard drive External Hardrive Keeps Disconnecting Now i have tested this hard drive on other computers and laptops and none have this problem Just mine I have tried going into power saving and turning off the quot disable USB to save power quot thing I have tried a few different things as well And i wouldn't mind it if it is occasionally doing this But it happens every seconds whenever the harddrive is in use Any advice would be great

A:External Hardrive Keeps Disconnecting

Welcome to the forum is it as powered HD?

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-10-a/129736-external-hardrive-keeps-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello This one is really bugging me because I have checked everything and I cannot fathom out what is causing the disconnection apart from HDD keep USB 2.x External disconnecting Buffalo either is a MB issue or driver issue Whenever I turn on my computer and Windows loads it Buffalo External USB 2.x HDD keep disconnecting will not load the USB External HDD which has been set to AUTO so it will load when Windows loads I have tried manual switch but this does not work either The HDD is a combo HDD with Buffalo External USB 2.x HDD keep disconnecting Firewire and USB x although if I use Firewire instead its fine What is happening is that Device Manager in disabling the device for some reason and the only way in which I Buffalo External USB 2.x HDD keep disconnecting can get Device Manager to recognise the quot EXT HDD quot is to search for new hardware and then it works The only thing that I found to be a little odd was there is no set power showing for the USB Mass Storage Device mA I know it is the right port location because it is the same number Any ideas why this has started to do this Any suggestion would be deeply appreciated There is something I forgot to mention and that is the battery needs replacing I have never had a battery die on me on a motherboard ever The only conclusion I can think for the reason why the battery has been drained in the ROC Logo on the MB I used to leave on and I think it drained the motherboard battery If the power is terminated example the PSU is turned off then I have to reset the BIOS Although I don't think this is related but I thought I would mention it

A:Buffalo External USB 2.x HDD keep disconnecting

It wouldn't hurt to pick up and install a new battery.

You should also take a look and try to find the USB drivers for your motherboard (or just the motherboard drivers), as it sounds like it isn't recognizing it properly. Also make sure that Legacy USB support is enabled in BIOS.

~Lordbob

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/151399-buffalo-external-usb-2-x-hdd-keep-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a ThinkPad Workstation Dock (230W) that has two external monitors attached at work. When I leave work and disconnect my P50 from the dock, I close the lid and it goes to sleep. When I go to use the laptop again (without external monitors connected), the laptop thinks it is still attached to the external montors and the login screen does not show on my laptop. I then cannot get into my laptop without shutting down or restarting. I would like to be able to make this work without having to do a restart or shut down when I leave work. I have already tried adjusting the "boot time extension" in bios and this did not resolve the issue. Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P50-not-disconnecting-from-external-monitors/td-p/3441192
Relevancy 53.32%

Ive got a new external hard drive which keeps disconnecting all the time. it varies from maybe once a day, to a couple of times an hour. the hard drive is not faulty (had one before with the same problem).

I already tried to turn of the usb power save function, with no luck

Relevancy 53.32%

Hi all I've had an external hard drive for some months about - now all keeps External Hard disconnecting Drive was fine until recently I am on Windows the drive is a WD Elements Even in USB or port it will end up disconnecting I am uncertain as to why but it just keeps doing this now it didn't do it when I only had it as my main drive but I added a new one some months ago which seemed to take the drive letter of that one it was D then turned to E - don't know if this makes a difference Anyhow I have tried all of the uninstalling drivers changing drivers etc but it will just keep dropping out and won't re-add itself properly until I unplug it from the power and then reboot and plug back in I have checked the drive with - different drive checking programs and it passes them all fine so it is External Hard Drive keeps disconnecting not the drive itself So wondering what to do far from reformatting and putting Windows on I am a little External Hard Drive keeps disconnecting stuck Thanks

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/external-hard-drive-keeps-disconnecting-4599703/
Relevancy 53.32%

Like the title states: my external dvd drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting from both the front and rear USB ports of my PC. It appears in Device Manager for a second and then disappears. The drive is connected via a SATA/USB converter and plugged directly into an electrical socket.

It also makes loading and ejecting sounds.

This is really frustrating at this point...

Thanks for your input!

A:External DVD Drive keeps disconnecting/reconnecting

Is this a laptop?

How often does it connect/disconnect?

Does it do it while in use or after being left alone?

Is your computer putting it to sleep?

Change your power plan to max performance and see if the problem goes away.

If it does we can tweak the settings and go bacvk to your normal power plan

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/25706-external-dvd-drive-keeps-disconnecting-reconnecting.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have an AlienWare M x purchased from Dell Computers It has Windows Home Premium External Drive keeps disconnecting and DVD connecting Intel Chipset U Dual Core GHz gb ram bit operating system NVIDIA GEFORCE GT M and Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset gb hard drive It has usb ports one continuous power It has no built in dvd drive I have tried both a USB Hub but most of the time plug directly into the computer When I plug in a External DVD drive it will connect and disconnect randomly It may show it is connected and display that a disk is in it but when you click on it or launch from it it will disconnect About a minute later it will reconnect and then disconnect again I had an LG Multifunction Drive and when it first did it I thought the drive was bad so I got rid of External DVD Drive keeps disconnecting and connecting the drive and bought an Iomega Super Slim DVD drive and it worked at first but now does the same thing that the first external DVD drive did I have tried both of the DVD drives with and without the extra power connection I have downloaded all updates drivers etc It only seems to do it with external DVD Drives Any memory stick IPOD ITOUCH External Hard drive is recongnized and stays connected But external DVD drives do not I have had this computer for less than months I tried to contact Dell but when I type in the Service tag number it says that AlienWare does all the support for it When I go to AlienWare you have to create an account in order to even ask a question In order to register for the website you have to provide them an Account Number which I never received None of the service tag codes or Express codes on the computer are valid at Alienware site so I can t even contact them even though it was included in the purchase I am deployed in Iraq so I cannot call except on Skype and the service center can t hear me If anyone has a solution I would be greatful thanks S W nbsp

A:External DVD Drive keeps disconnecting and connecting

What happens if you jiggle the USB from the DVD drive while it is plugged in does anything happen?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/external-dvd-drive-keeps-disconnecting-and-connecting.954496/
Relevancy 53.32%

If I uninstall device and or disconnect power it reconnects

A:Seagate external HD disconnecting on reboot

Usb connection on external housing went bad. Discarded it and connected drive SATA bare. Solved

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/363540-seagate-external-hd-disconnecting-reboot.html
Relevancy 53.32%

My windows motherboard crashed on my laptop but the hard drive is okay I needed some files over the weekend and figured out how to change ownership of my hard drive put in a SATA enclosure to my mother's computer Today I plugged my external in and I think I changed ownership correctly I can access my files on my local disk but I got some errors saying that the quot parameter is incorrect quot Drive disconnecting keeps Hard External and kept connecting and disconnecting all my drives on the External Hard Drive keeps disconnecting external it's split into like or separate ones Eventually it let me connect to my local disk and I was able to transfer some of my files Now I'm transferring a big group of gb and it keeps disconnecting every few seconds It also told me that the drive needed to be repaired but when I run the scan and repair option External Hard Drive keeps disconnecting it never finishes and then just errors out After I get this gb transferred I'm fine with wiping the harddrive clean and turning it into an external but it's making transferring my files very difficult Any ideas without losing my data EDIT Okay it seems like it can work with USB but not I tried to change the power settings like I've seen some people suggest but still didn't help

A:External Hard Drive keeps disconnecting

Sounds like you could have a bad cable?? USB 3.0 requires perfect cables I've had several new ones that were bad! It also sounds like that hard drive is crashing!! Could be either or both. Good luck I hope you get your data off of it. Again Back up back up

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/36675-external-hard-drive-keeps-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey,

Windows 7 x86

I've got an USB External Hard Disk Drive (Samsung S2 Portable 500 Gb). In the last 3-4 days it keeps randomly disconnecting when in use... So, Windows starts, it runs fine for an hour or so (in use), then the magic sound strikes. After a couple of seconds it's detected again, and the whole show starts again. Sometimes it reconnects for 3-4 times in a minute. It's driving me crazy!

My USB drivers are up to date, I've unchecked all those Power Management things, I've installed the KB976972 update (tho I'm not quite sure I was suited for it ). I thought it was the cable's fault, so I left it on my brother's Vista PC for about 5 hours playing movies, and it worked...
LE: Now I'm thinking it could be one of the updates 7 made on the 10th of this month...

LE2: It was working fine since Christmas.

A:USB External Hard Drive keeps disconnecting.

is it the only USB device that's giving you issues? is it connected to a USB hub or direct connected to PC also some system specs would be helpfull

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/63771-usb-external-hard-drive-keeps-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi
for no obvious reason my transcend store jet 25M3 1TB suddenly started on disconnecting and right away reconnecting
but only from my front USB3 port (p.s. i have another external HDD exactly the same just a drop more new that i can't decide if it also has the problem but if it does for sure not at the extend of the first one)
what i already did
i already disabled the USB power settings
downloaded the latest USB3 drivers
installed the latest firmware for the hard drive
it's the same PC as my specs
what could i do
thanks

A:External hard drive keeps disconnecting then reconnecting

please i am desperate no on knows?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/369158-external-hard-drive-keeps-disconnecting-then-reconnecting.html
Relevancy 52.89%

My WD External Hard drive keeps connecting and disconnecting every second or so. I already went into power settings and disabled the USB selective suspend settings but that didnt solve the problem. I also went into the device manager and unchecked the option to allow the computer to turn of this device to save power option but no luck there either.

A:WD External Hard drive keeps connecting and disconnecting

Hello kieron22!
I'm sorry for your problem with a WD external!
Which model is it, a My Passport (which one?), a My Book?
You could try using a different USB cable, a new one, then on every port ? USB 3.0 and 2.0, then on another system. Does the same issue occur everywhere? Doyou hear clicking from the drive or any other unusual sounds? Any error messages? How is the drive's performance? Please use the WD Data Lifeguard software (Support Answers) and check the drive's SMART values, post the results here. Please, be careful not to post the drive's serial number, too!
CK_WD

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/72582-wd-external-hard-drive-keeps-connecting-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Having solved a number of issues with Windows I almost have it as it should have been from day I still have one annoying little issue You know that little sound the computer makes when you connect something to the USB port such as an external hard drive well mine does it disconnecting 10 hardware external sound Windows of connecting and - every Windows 10 - sound of external hardware connecting and disconnecting - minutes The sound is as if it is connecting something and then minutes later disconnecting I have external drives connected but done of them are the culprits as they show being connected all the time The computer wakens on its own from sleep mode from time to time too so Windows 10 - sound of external hardware connecting and disconnecting something is whirring away I have a wireless printer attached and wondered if it could be the problem but when I need to use it I have no issues Everything seems to be working except for the connect disconnect sound constantly playing in the background Any suggestions I have a laptop still to update to Windows but I have no intention until I nail these problems first Ian nbsp

A:Windows 10 - sound of external hardware connecting and disconnecting

Well it is not the wireless printer, that sound comes on when a physical connection is made. Change your power settings to high performance so the machine does not go to sleep and evaluate; if that does not help, then disconnect the drives, one at the time for an hour each and evaluate further.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-10-sound-of-external-hardware-connecting-and-disconnecting.1154968/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a 1TB external storage drive that uses its own power supply and connects to my laptop via USB 2.0 cable. For months I've had absolutely no problem out of the device, until the computer randomly decided to forget the device was plugged in. Now I'm lucky to get the device to be recognized by the computer at all, and when it is recognized, if I try to move anything to/from the device, the connection is immediately severed from the computer.

I use this device for my backup as well as holding on to things I would rather not get rid of. All my drivers are up to date, I've done all the Power Management checking and unchecking that I've read from other threads found via Google search, and still it won't work correctly for me. Any advice?

A:Self-Powered External Storage not recognized/randomly disconnecting

Providing you have done all the power options to attack the problem from the OS end of things, then you must consider that the drive itself is the problem. This seems likely since the drive has worked fine in the past.

The first suspect would be the USB cable, the connector on either end, or the port on either end.

The second suspect would be the hard drives power supply. These do go bad. If it is not supplying proper power then the drive will fail to be recognized correctly.

Try the drive on another computer. If it exhibits the same behavior there then you can narrow it down to one of the two issues above.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/219672-self-powered-external-storage-not-recognized-randomly-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 52.03%

HP Compaq nc XP Pro SP Hadn t used the laptop for awhile had black screen after I charged it then tried to start it Disconnected the battery amp held start switch for about a minute reinstalled the battery then the hp logo showed on startup and after a couple tries Windows booted Was trying to find out how startup external after disconnecting on monitor screen Black to run an external monitor Went into the control panel display settings found that I had options under DISPLAY but both were identically worded - basically for multiple monitors One was the other was I hooked up the external monitor and it worked fine I tried toggling between to with no problem or change in what was displayed I shut down the laptop then unplugged the external monitor When I try to restart I have a black screen nothing at all shows incl the hp logo that usually shows right at the start The HDD etc indicator lights still show that things are running normally The only thing I did was leave it on the display setting altho it read identical to essentially quot multiple monitors quot When I got the black screen on startup after disconnecting the external monitor I also tried the fn f button which is supposed to be the multiple monitor function without any result or change in the black screen When I had the external monitor hooked up and working I tried that to see if it had any effect but it did not Appreciate any help to get the display back to functioning nbsp

A:Black screen on startup after disconnecting external monitor

So even now if you hook up the second monitor you still don't get any video on either display?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-on-startup-after-disconnecting-external-monitor.159935/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi all,

So today i brought a new External hard drive today and started copying files to it (as you do)
from my PC (usb2) it worked fine,
but then when i connect it to my latop (TOSHIBA satellite L840) it keeps disconnecting within 5 seconds of copying regardless of file size ONLY when its connected to a USB 3 socket
i can copy stuff to and from the laptop using USB 2.0, but for some reason it doesnt like my USB3 ports :/

all software/firmware updated, usb3 drivers installed, windows even tells me it can peform faster if i connect to the usb3 port (silly windows

any help would be GREATLY appreciated

thanks in advanced

A:WD My Passport Essential 500GB External Keeps Disconnecting from USB3

If it is giving you the message that the drive can perform faster, it sounds like the computer doesn't have the USB 3.0 drivers installed for those ports. Most USB 3.0 ports have separate, specific drivers to enable the 3.0 speeds.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/258762-wd-my-passport-essential-500gb-external-keeps-disconnecting-usb3.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a problem with a previously perfectly functioning external hard drive which is now disconnecting and External server disconnecting scanned by hard media drive when reconnecting ie visible in my computer then disappearing every time it is scanned for content by a External hard drive disconnecting when scanned by media server media server program meaning that the software doesn t find any content rendering it useless I have Vista Home premium and the the drive is a standard quot Freecom Gb externally powered and connected via USB I was previously running Twonkymedia with it and had no problems whatsoever until I got External hard drive disconnecting when scanned by media server frustrated with Twonky s lack of support for Matroska containers and decided to try a few other servers and the hard drive suddenly behaved like this in exactly the same way with all of them Even when I tried re-installing Twonky I don t know what s changed I ve tried sharing un-sharing the drive no difference I don t have any problems viewing editing copying to and from the drive when a media server is not running Please help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/external-hard-drive-disconnecting-when-scanned-by-media-server.889051/
Relevancy 51.6%

i know you all work so hard i m sorry to bother you but i m hoping someone will be able to help me my mo old used simpletech gb ext hd w replacement mini b to dual male usb cable i have committed some sins like leaving it plugged in for long periods of time or accidentally pulling out the cord and i want to mention that the other day after that happened i could hear very faintly like the drive was skipping a little and i could not internally stop the drive and had to disconnect it once disconnecting my b external drive hard port? mini damaged keeps - more to make its blue light go off - but after that i plugged it in and it seemed to work okay still and now the mini b connection which i think stayed in place before is now so fragile that literally if i barely breathe while resting my external hard drive keeps disconnecting - damaged mini b port? the drive on my lap w my laptop the drive will no longer be recognized by my computer i have to be PERFECTLY still i can barely get in to look at my files before it happens again do you think i should try a new cable or duct taping the mini b not too firmly though because pushing the plug also makes it disconnect in place or do you think i physically damaged the mini b port when the cord accidentally pulled out do you think my files are toast i know you all work so hard and might not have time to help me but thank you so much to anyone who took the time to read this nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-external-hard-drive-keeps-disconnecting-damaged-mini-b-port.828615/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi so I have this brand new Dell after only 530 down reinstall cable and black helps shutting driver disconnecting reconnecting, External Intel and display Inspiron with the Intel HD and Nvidia graphics card I am also using a Dell external display that uses the same full hd resolution and hz frequency So I have connected the external display using DVI gt HDMI cable to my laptop Everything works fine External display black after disconnecting cable and shutting down and reconnecting, only Intel 530 driver reinstall helps But I have disconnected the cable used the laptop around with the built in display External display black after disconnecting cable and shutting down and reconnecting, only Intel 530 driver reinstall helps and later shut it down After doing this i cant start it with the external display again No matter what I do I tried every setting also hitting the buttons on my keyboard to use only the second display etc It stays black Only thing that helps - I have to reinstall the drivers quot Video Driver HYWWT WN A quot After doing this it works again till i dont disconnect it and shut it down But I cant work like this always reinstalling the drivers Second Issue - after reinstalling the drivers it restarts the system but the text is slightly blurry in some applications I have to restart it again to get sharp text Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19988467
Relevancy 46.87%

I have an Echo Audiofire4 firewire device, for some reasons I need to constantly switch between Echo and my onboard audio device (realtech sth).
I remember I could do it in the past, but due to the Echo installation problems I disabled it from windows startup menu and now, though I enabled it again, it is not shown plugged-in in "manage audio device window". I prefer not to uninstall Echo driver, it took me so long to installing it after all.
any idea?

A:not plugegd in onboard audio device after disconnecting external audio

I don't know the answer to your problem but I did find a site that might have what you are looking for.

Support - Frequently Asked Questions | Echo Digital Audio

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/289973-not-plugegd-onboard-audio-device-after-disconnecting-external-audio.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,

I have 1 HDD connected to one USB 3.0 Port. When I connect a second HDD to another USB 3.0 Port, windows automatically Disconnects/Reconnects the First HDD.
I can listen the Motor of the HDD going down, exactly as if I removed the Power Supply.
This is not good. It will result in Damage of the HDD, probably with Head Crash.

How to prevent this "brute force" disconnecting?
Thank you

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/59937-brute-force-disconnecting-usb-external-hdd.html
Relevancy 32.68%

i have recently bought myself a laptop windows vista, i am connecting to the internet via a wireless belkin router, the internet seems to work ok since i sorted out power settings but msn still wont stay connected is it me or MSN I dont wanna bust me new toy messing about if its not my end LOL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/msn-keeps-disconnecting.630584/
Relevancy 32.68%

My PC is connecting to my router through a Wireless N USB adapter. It always disconnects causing me to restart my PC in order to get back online with it.

I know it's not my router because I connect my laptops through my router also.

This happens all the time and is really annoying. Please help.

Tommy

Relevancy 32.68%

The DSL and internet green light would often blanked out anytime during the day. Almost every time when I wake up.
And when that does happen, I will have to keep unplugging/plugging back the modem and router power plug for the DSL and internet light to come back.

I'm using a DIR-615 and a Motorola modem.
The Motorola modem was provided by a DSL employee when he came to my house in order to fix the internet. My previous modem was malfunctioning.

I've updated my firmware, checked my filters, and cleaned the dust.
So what exactly is going on and is there a solution to this problem?

Thank you.

A:DSL disconnecting often

I would get the ISP to check the line
when the DSL & Internet light go out on the Router - whats the light status on the modem ?

I would connect to the modem and see if that drops the connection

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dsl-disconnecting-often.896133/
Relevancy 32.68%

I downloaded msn 6.0 and and I randomly signs out. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it and that has not helped. I even unistalled and reinstalled 5.0 and the has the same problem now and did not before I downloaded 6.0. I am connected thru a dsl that is allways up so the ISP is not the problem I believe. I have the same problem with another machine on the same network both are running windows xp. The other machine that is win 98 and 5.0 stays connected untill you disconnect. It does not seem to be an idle problem since it will disconnect when I am using MSN.
Any help that you can give me would be greatly appricaited

A:MSN 6.0 Disconnecting

Hi I have the exactly same problem, it keep logginf me off both in 6.0 and 5.0. Please help us.....I'm also behind an DSL
Jesper

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/msn-6-0-disconnecting.156966/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hey, I'm using OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , 64 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) Processor TF-20, AMD64 Family 15 Model 124 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 2812 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics , 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 140232 MB, Free - 71160 MB;
Motherboard: Acer , Aspire 5532 , V1.08, LXPGX02005948542A61601
Antivirus: AntiVir Desktop, Updated and Enabled

Recently I've been having issues keeping a internet connection on my laptop. It only happens when I'm playing games. One minute it will be working just fine, and then the next my button on my computer that flashes orange saying that the wi fi is connected will stop blinking and the internet connection with disconnect. I can re connect right after, and I've reset the internet many times and that doesnt seem to be the problem. Any suggestions or possible, a way to fix would be great.

Thanks

A:Disconnecting from the Wi-fi

I would suggest moving this question to the Networking forum (just click on Report in the bottom right of your post and request to be moved).

There are lots of possible answers:
1. Do you have good signal strength from your wireless access point?
2. Is there a button on your laptop that is easily pushed/activated that connects & disconnects your wifi?

The guys in the Networking forum can probably provide many more possibilities to check out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disconnecting-from-the-wi-fi.976590/
Relevancy 32.68%

Jobo789 said:

Ok, i tried setting the DNS server to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 on the router. It couldn't connect to the internet at all when i did that. I reset it to Automatic and it worked. Then i suddenly lost internet connection but the router was covinced it was still connected. After a quick restart it worked again.
Right now all i've done is set my Ipv4 to that DNS server and disabled my Ipv6 because aparently that wasn't working properly.Click to expand...

I have the N 600 DBl; mine kept disconnecting for the longest time too. Maybe change the channel. I did that, and the DNS, and aloud it though my firewall and I haven't disconnected at all in two weeks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/kept-disconnecting-f.1020988/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hey, I'm using OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , 64 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) Processor TF-20, AMD64 Family 15 Model 124 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 2812 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics , 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 140232 MB, Free - 71160 MB;
Motherboard: Acer , Aspire 5532 , V1.08, LXPGX02005948542A61601
Antivirus: AntiVir Desktop, Updated and Enabled

Recently I've been having issues keeping a internet connection on my laptop. It only happens when I'm playing games. One minute it will be working just fine, and then the next my button on my computer that flashes orange saying that the wi fi is connected will stop blinking and the internet connection with disconnect. I can re connect right after, and I've reset the internet many times and that doesnt seem to be the problem. Any suggestions or possible, a way to fix would be great.

Thanks

A:Disconnecting from the Wi-fi

i have closed this post and will move your original post to networking - as pointed out you can report and ask for the post to be moved - but we do not like duplicate posts here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disconnecting-from-the-wi-fi.976714/
Relevancy 32.68%

A couple of weeks ago my internet connection began disconnecting and reconnecting several times a day. The disconnects seem to be more frequent when more bandwidth is being used. Every time it disconnects the DSL light on the modem blinks red momentarily, and soon returns to normal. I've tried two different modems and they both do the same thing. I have tried multiple cords with the modem. I contacted AT&T and they said they ran a line test and it looked normal. There are 4 computers sharing this connection and the router is a Linksys WRT54G. This pretty much ruins my online gaming experience and is just a pain when browsing.

Any ideas?

A:AT&T DSL Disconnecting

You might try updating the firmware on the Linksys WRT54G, or get another router like D-Link

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/at-t-dsl-disconnecting.129857/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi,
I'm working on a computer for someone. It runs ME and has a slow Celeron Processor, only 64 mb ram.
Anywho, I installed the drivers for my DSL so I could download and browse the web ect. It started out o.k. but then it disconnected. And it keeps doing it. Sometimes it even disables the internet connection on my modem.
Is this because 3megs is too much for it to handle? I don't get it. I've never had this happen.
I've checked in System and the USB ports all show a-ok.

Any ideas?

Thanks ahead of time.

A:DSL Keeps Disconnecting

can you post make/model of modem - when it disconnects is this just with IE ??
can you post an ipconfig before and after
TWO Methods

ONE ---------------------------------
start
run
cmd
ipconfig /all

rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

TWO -----------------------------------------------

Start, Run, CMD to open a DOS window and type:

IPCONFIG /ALL >C:\RESULT.TXT

Open C:\RESULT.TXT with Notepad and copy/paste the entire results here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dsl-keeps-disconnecting.448029/
Relevancy 32.68%

I don't know if this is a security concern or not, but my laptop yesterday has started disconnecting from my wireless network. All my other (non-Windows) computers on my network are connected fine. Does anyone know what might be causing this? I have checked my internet equipment and everything is connected fine and always ON.

A:Disconnecting

I just ran MBAM and found some pieces of malware in my computer. Their category is classified as Registry Keys. Would this have something to do with it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/95343-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 32.68%

hi i got wireless network on my laptop and when i log off it disconnects my wireless connection i need it to stay on the hole time even on the login screen so i can login using a domain is there a way to do that?

Relevancy 32.68%

I'm having problems with my AIM. It's fine, until I open a box to IM someone. It then freezes for a few seconds and shuts down. I have Windows Vista, so there have been a few issues associated with my computer lately, but this has just recently started.

A:AIM keeps disconnecting.

That doesn't sound like a connection problem since you are able to get online on AIM.
Had the same problem once...

The problem might be Mal-Ware on your system.
Try doing a scan on your system for Mal-Ware and Viruses.

Personally, I would recommend 'Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware'.
This program detects all Mal-Ware, Trojans, and even some Viruses.

Good Luck. Hope you get AIM working again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/aim-keeps-disconnecting.910805/
Relevancy 32.68%

I am using a desktop at work, and I use AOL IM to communicate with my co-workers that are in other buildings.

Unfortunately, AOL usually disconnects every 4 to 20 minutes, continually throughout the day.

I know that it is not my ethernet that is disconnecting, because when I check the status of my LAN connection, the duration will be however long my computer has been on.

I've also had some IT people use a sniffer to check on the actual LAN, but they found no problems.

I'm running Windows XP.

Thanks in advance!

A:AOL IM keeps disconnecting

Are you aware that aim comes bundled with uneeded/spyware applications?I reccomend using a program like TrillianIt connects to all chat servers including aim, yahoo, msn,icq,irc, and more. Just enter in your account username and password. Much better than aim, and not bundled with cheap software.Anyway, try reinstalling aim........

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/22868/aol-im-keeps-disconnecting/
Relevancy 32.68%

Ok somewon told me to check event viewer. so i did and this is what i got.

The ip address lease (My IP) for the network card with network address 0016blahblahblah has been denied by the dchp server (modems ip) (the dchp server sent a dchpnack message).

Anyone help!?

A:I think i know why ive been disconnecting. Need Help!

I this happened right when i disconnected!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-think-i-know-why-ive-been-disconnecting-need-help.985444/
Relevancy 32.68%

I m novice to networking still but I turned on the switch all switchports are in vlan Which has a IP of This is a home lab hooked up to my regular network Anyways I set a password and login through line vty Transport input all Set the default-gateway All seems to be ok Up Disconnecting SSH and running I used Tera Term to telnet to it and it said connection timed out So I SSH Disconnecting tried SSH and it rompt me for password typed it in and pressed enter and SSH Disconnecting it immiedetly closed I thought it was just a program crash So I reopened the program SSH again and it said quot connection refused quot Ok so try telnet and now it s saying connection refused also If I do it times it might let me in SSH Disconnecting once but as soon as I press enter it crashes I can ping it so I know its up Any ideas would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 32.68%

hi im connected to a belkin wireless internet and i own it.within a couple of days i get disconnected from it for like 1day.im wondering should i go into
"setup and configuration" menu and do something in mac address or ....?

Relevancy 32.68%

Hey,Since recently my MSN keeps disconnecting and reconnecting me. I don't experience this with any other application that requires a constant internet connection such as online games, or when I'm downloading files.I have ran several malware scans, renewed my host file, updated my ethernet controller drivers, restarted my router, forwarded the MSN ports on my router, and I am still getting nowhere with this. It is really frustrating, and I can sign in and maintain connection to web-based MSN services such as eBuddy, so I don't know what the problem is. Here is a Hijackthis Log:EDIT: Please be patient. There are over 150 unanswered topics in this forum at present and the current average wait time to receive help is 5 days. ~BP

A:MSN Keeps disconnecting

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.We need to create a New FULL OTL ReportPlease download OTL from here if you have not done so already:
Main MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Change the "Extra Registry" option to "SafeList"Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:
OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedAfter downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREBest Regards,oneof4.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/376391/msn-keeps-disconnecting/
Relevancy 32.68%

Product : HDD - Seagate, WD and others
Connection : USB

The recommended method to remove a USB-connected HDD is to "Eject" the drive via the USB Icon. When disconnecting certain USB HDD drives the message is displayed "The device is currently in use..... etc... etc.".

Even if the User is careful to shutdown all programs, including File Explorer, the message will still be displayed. If the User then checks process activity via Task Manager, no process activity is reported.

So the question is - What process is reporting that the USB HDD is still "in use" and therefore activating the message, when not even Task Manager shows any process activity...

T.

Relevancy 32.68%

Dear Friends

I using DG31PR Motherboard Last few days my network automatically disconnecting 3 or 4 seconds after connected every one hour repeating what is the problem anybody pls help

A:Lan Disconnecting

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-disconnecting.823635/
Relevancy 32.68%

Model Name MacBook Pro Model Identifier MacBookPro Processor Name Intel Core WoW from Disconnecting/Lag Duo Processor Speed GHz Number Disconnecting/Lag from WoW Of Processors Total Number Of Cores L Cache MB Memory GB Bus Speed GHz Boot ROM Version MBP B SMC Version system f System Version Mac OS X L Kernel Version Darwin Wireless Card Type AirPort Extreme x E x D Wireless Card Locale USA Wireless Card Firmware Version Broadcom BCM xx No references to mbufs or use of rd party software First off i had a problem before about disconnection issues In that case my screen would go black the sound would start skipping and a hard restart would be needed to allow me to do anything That issue was resolved but i thought id include it for background on this issue My problem now is that i will very often be disconnected from the game and sent back to character load screen What ive tried allready is a different router modem combo Wired or wirelessly it does the same thing I get disconnected about any time of day and any place in WoW Though i have noticed i get disconnected fairly often in instances during flights and battlegrounds I dont know if its an issue but i live in an apartment that i can see about - wireless connections on airport So it would seem i have a lot of traffic on my network The Modem that i get from TIme Warner Motorola SBG g nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disconnecting-lag-from-wow.865652/
Relevancy 32.68%

I have a 2Wire 2071-A Modem hooked up to an Asus RX3041 which has a Netgear Wireless Access Point WG602 V3 and a mynetfone VoIP modem connected to it. My speed is : 1.5mb/256kb

I went into the 2Wire settings and put the Router (Asus RX3041) in DMZplus mode, my computer to allow specific programs, and the mynetfone VoIP modem to not allow any inbound traffic.

My problem is that I always seem to disconnect from the internet. When I'm playing Call of Duty 4 or Modern Warfare 2 I get these really long lag spikes and just get disconnected from the server/host. I'm in Windows Live Messenger and it disconnects me while in the middle of a conversation.
Is there any way to fix this?
Anything that can be helpfull would be great.

Relevancy 32.68%

Hey, well when I'm on Windows Live Messenger, it keeps disconnecting a lot and it's very annoying for me and my conatcs, I am connecting to the internet using a Wireless G Linksys Router, can someone help me?

Thanks

Relevancy 32.68%

Alright, this is probably the 100th disconnecting thread lol so please bear with me. Basically, in a nice summary, I disconnect from the internet when I go on certain sites on the web and disconnect in some of the games I play when I do "big actions" like changing channels/servers.

I'm not exactly sure of all the info I need to put, but I use a linksys adapter with comcast... if that helps =S I'm not really a computer expert, so someone please who is willing to help, just tell me what I need to do and I shall!!! D=

A:Disconnecting =/

I had the exact same problem and so I removed the router from the equation and connected directly using my modem. Try than and see if it works. You will need to run TP straight cable from the modem to the back of the computers RJ-45 Jack, and then you will need to power cycle the modem (Turning off for about thirty seconds and then turning back on). Try that and see if it helps. Are you using DSL or cable, and if you are using DSL, check the filters? One more question, when you are disconnected are you able to ping websites by their ip address and by their host names, if not I would point towards a DNS issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disconnecting.913937/
Relevancy 32.68%

Sorry if I stuck this in the wrong forum I saw Networking and thought it disconnecting...what WAN keeps gives? was the right place My desktop is hooked into DSL service through an Actiontec Gateway router that is wireless capable with a card I bought the card and hooked up my wife s laptop through the wireless and all is good My desktop s DSL line exits the computer enters the router then the other line exits the router and I have it plugged into a female receptacle on a phone line that my father hard wired into the wall jack of my kitchen Recently I WAN keeps disconnecting...what gives? got DirecTV which totally rocks and there is a phone connection necessary to get some of the services So I ran that phone wire around my room behind my desk and got a female splitter that I pulugged into the female receptacle of the aforementioned phone wire Since I ve done that the WAN connection has kept dropping and I have to go in and fix it through the browser by manually reconnecting it I don t know jack no pun intended about phone lines and signals could it be the receptacle is causing all sorts of problems If so is there a solution where I can use the same phone line for both DSL and my satellite TV connection nbsp

A:WAN keeps disconnecting...what gives?

If I understand this correctly, you have a slipter coming out from the wall one to your dsl modem and the other to the direct tv box.You probably need to place a filter on that line some how or just install another wall jack just for the direct tv that way you can place a filter on it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wan-keeps-disconnecting-what-gives.50646/
Relevancy 32.68%

IE7 was disconnecting once a day, I had to reboot to get it to work again.

I was advised here to reset IE7. I did, and now I still get a disconnect, but I do not have to reboot. if I click on a short cut a second time it connects.

If I leave a tab open, it will not disconnect when I go from site to site without any problems.

Again, when I try to go from site to site, I have to go back and click on the desktop icon again, then it will reconnect.

Gary, XP home sp-3

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie7-disconnecting-again-but-not-as-bad.822607/
Relevancy 32.68%

well ive been putting up with Disconnecting Dsl Keeps this for the last year or so becasue it hasnt Dsl Keeps Disconnecting been that bad or Dsl Keeps Disconnecting so i thought Wen i played online games like Rumble Fighter Counter Strike or ps Wii online ive been told i was lagging i thought they wer just mad but turns out its because my DSL constantly keeps discnecting rapidly ovr and ovr then it will stop for about a minute then it starts disconnecting again Ive updated to the lastest firmware and it made the problem worse I have a Westell Model W Verizon Low Speed internet its actauly pretty decent speed Dsl Keeps Disconnecting and i bought the etherenet card a few years back so maybe i need a new one anyway any help would be greatly apreciated because this is seriously anoying me and its not only wen i play games even im just listening to music or surfing the internet i get the message bubble constantly telling me the cable is disconnected nbsp

Relevancy 32.68%

I couple of months ago I bought a Targus Port USB hub which is powered by the computer and it has never really worked right It is recognized by the computer and everything and sometimes it will work fine hub USB disconnecting keeps for a while but then all of a sudden it will start disconnecting and reconnecting and I have to stop using it for USB hub keeps disconnecting a while I have a brand new HP USB hub keeps disconnecting Pavilion that I only just bought also a couple of months ago around the same time I use my laptop as my main computer with an external display and so I usually have plugged in USB hub keeps disconnecting a wireless mouse a usb keyboard and my iPhone cable but I also have a printer usb cable and usb headphones for gaming which is why I bought the hub But it's kind of hard to use the hub when all of a sudden my mouse stops working or I have the headphones on and the sound just stops Any ideas

A:USB hub keeps disconnecting

Quote: Originally Posted by WhiteDragon777

I couple of months ago I bought a Targus 2.0 4 Port USB hub which is powered by the computer and it has never really worked right. It is recognized by the computer and everything and sometimes it will work fine for a while but then all of a sudden it will start disconnecting and reconnecting and I have to stop using it for a while. I have a brand new HP Pavilion that I only just bought also a couple of months ago around the same time. I use my laptop as my main computer with an external display and so I usually have plugged in a wireless mouse, a usb keyboard, and my iPhone cable...but I also have a printer usb cable and usb headphones for gaming which is why I bought the hub. But it's kind of hard to use the hub when all of a sudden my mouse stops working or I have the headphones on and the sound just stops. Any ideas?

Absolutlely a power problem. USB (5.0 volts) usually can only provide power to 3 or 4 devices add more and the voltage will drop when it does the devices stop working. the cure buy a "Powered" hub that has an AC adapter.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/82981-usb-hub-keeps-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Whenever I use GAIM or regular AIM it keeps disconnecting, it just started happening a few days ago. Since then i've opened ports 4443, 5190 and it still keeps disconnecting. Last night I was on GAIM and it seemed to stay connected well but I checked again this morning and it kept disconnecing every few minutes. Nothing has changed on my computer since it started to disconnect. Also my internet works fine when all this disconnecting goes on.

A:AIM keeps disconnecting

I narrowed the problem down to when Azuerus is running, it seems to only disconnect when I have azuerus running in the background. Does anyone recieve similar issuses?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/aim-keeps-disconnecting.506917/
Relevancy 32.68%

This has been happening for a while now (about a few weeks) and it's been really bugging me. I have no trouble connecting to the internet but experience frequent disconnections that seem to happen at random times (I am unable to find a pattern on when it disconnects). There's one computer connected to the router and another laptop that uses wireless.

The router is a D-Link DIR625. The comp connected to the router uses Windows XP and the other uses Vista.

A:Disconnecting

If the router is losing its connection with the modem look for a firmware upgrade and reset it to factory default settings and reconfigure.

If both computers are losing their connection to the router try the above and also look for wireless interference, especially from another wireless network or a 2.4 Ghz cordless phone.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disconnecting.703812/
Relevancy 32.68%

I have disconnecting keeps computers vista XP all connected to the one modem It has been working fine untill one day about a month ago it all of a sudden started to continuously disconnect and reconnect Took a while to figure out what it was but finally found out it was the one XP computer when connected to the modem would make it disconnect and reconnect constantly which effected the other computers If I unplug it s ethernet cable the others work fine I have no idea what it could be I keeps disconnecting ve tried looking at the settings and changing them around and no difference I also have a wireless internet I use for when I take a laptop outside it s a different company as well and if I use that on the XP it works fine I ve also tried using another ethernet cable keeps disconnecting and that doesn t make a difference So the only thing I can think of that it could be is the keeps disconnecting settings of it but I don t know what Does anyone know what could have caused this and if it s fixable nbsp

Relevancy 32.68%

Hey I just wanted to know if anyone knew a solution to my problem...
I have windows ultimate 32bit according to my DxDiag...
Ok this is the problem
Everytime i leave my laptop on for a long time the internet keeps disconnecting... I do not know how long i need to be away... but even an hour seems to do the trick sometimes...

Its not the network because my other laptop on XP is working fine with the internet even though this laptop disconnects...
the only way i can get it to work again is by resetting the laptop...
I reset it 3 times today...

Can someone PLEASE help me?

A:Keeps Disconnecting

How do you connect? Ethernet or wireless? If Ethernet, try another cable (they are cheap, and not very rugged). Try another port on your router, if you using a router.

In Device Manager > Network adaptors, right click on your adapter, select Properties > Power Management and untick in the top box. If that does not help, tick it back.

If it seems to happen after the same time of idleness, say 15 minutes, this might apply: Network Idle Session Time to Automatically Disconnect - Vista Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/27620-keeps-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 32.68%

My Vista home premium keeps on disconnecting after a minute,talked to IPS provider and they changed some settings,gave me a new access number,told me to plug directly into phone plate.They claimed that the problem was with phone carrier.Now the IPS provider said it was probably the modem because now when I try to connect to a network I can't.I don't even hear the number being dialed.( I have dial up) Do you think it is the modem?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/295980-keeps-disconnecting-etc.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi there Lately my internet connection keep disconnecting on me everytime I keep clicking on Facebook game page I know it s Facebook is the one causing it because I have Laptop running but I only Net disconnecting use one Laptop for Facebook and both Loptop get disconnected Am running Yahoo Messenger and its the first one to get disconnected but the rest of my Net disconnecting chat client sort of just hang Net disconnecting on till my internet stable again Is just that everytime I open facebook page game soon it the page started lagging and once that happened my Yahoo Messenger pager disconnected right away Just happened lately when I started Net disconnecting playing Facebook Hidden Chronicles and times my Laptop crash on me already while am on this game page I don t understand because my Laptop is new and has all the memory I needed and also I have a fast Wifi wireless internet Now if I closed the FB page game everything is ok What do you think is my problem nbsp

A:Net disconnecting

What do you think is my problem?Click to expand...

I cannot analyze your problem, but I fixed the problem that you posted in somebody else's thread instead of starting your own.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/net-disconnecting.1043941/
Relevancy 32.68%

My computer is a brand new iBUYPOWER 963i,
8 gbs of DDR3 RAM
i5 2500k,
and I suppose the rest is not important to my problem.
The problem is I bought a Rosewill RNX-N180PCe card for it,
and I've been disconnecting like crazy, it's ridiculous, I will disconnect from the internet abour every 30 seconds, and, as you can imagine, its very annoying when gaming. Anyways, I recently moved the desktop to another to see if it would disconnect like this, but it does not. So that brings me down to two things:
1. The router.
2. The placement of the antennas/desktop.
It couldnt be out internet because we have great internet with high-speeds.
Our router is a Cisco WRT120N with firmware version 1.0.07
Any ideas, or am I just going to have to abandon this 800% machine and go back to my ****** laptop?

A:Keeps Disconnecting

can we see an xirrus shot from both the desktops - make sure we know which is which
would you post the following tests when its working OK and then repeat ALL the tests when it disconnects and make sure you also tells which tests posted are for what condition

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

Start> Run {search bar in Vista/W7}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router the next two
Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet , one by name and one by number which checks that the dns is workingClick to expand...

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.
http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://wpc.475a.edgecastcdn.net/00475A/XirrusWiFiInspectorSetup.1.2.0.exe

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector/xirruswif... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keeps-disconnecting.1059045/
Relevancy 32.68%

Randomly my LAN Port on my GA-EX58-UD3R will sometimes become disconected.
It's not my router or modem beacause when I want to fix the error I simply go to device manager and disable and then re-enable the Network Adaptor.

Thing's to note...

1. Ive tried the original driver and latest driver's with the same result
2. This seems to happing when my computer isent doing much. For instace I have never had the LAN go out on me while online gaming.
3. All the power save modes for LAN are off.

Hopefully the pictures below help....

If any one has any ideas what could be causing this it would be greatly appreciated...

A:Lan Keeps Disconnecting

Try this: |MG| WinSock XP Fix 1.2 Download

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/54671-lan-keeps-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 32.68%

ok i know i already poseted this somewhere but uh yea it wont stop.

Ok so i have this issue where my internet keeps disconnecting randomly and fast, it keeps clicking on and off. I have a Westell Model 327W and i use a Linksys fast ethernet card v5.
if u need anymore information let me know il get it, i really need to fix this problem , its really anoying.

http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/8a8586364673/2347788 thats the line quality test i took , hope it helps.

A:DSL keeps disconnecting - again

http://forums.techguy.org/networking/673613-dsl-keeps-disconnecting.html

Closing duplicate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dsl-keeps-disconnecting-again.681284/
Relevancy 32.68%

I am using an Acer Aspire 5536, running windows 7 and my router is a Netgear RangeMax Wireless-N Router, model WNDR3300
Problem: Starting last weekend, all of a sudden my wireless internet seems to have become very unstable, every 5-10 minutes i will lose connection and have to wait a minute or two before it reconnects.

Obviously this can get very frustrating when im playing a game or just surfing the web, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Relevancy 32.68%

For somereason since I installed my Belkin Wireless G router my aim get disconnected every 5 to 10 minutes? even on the computer that is wired to it. the firmware is up to date and everything is there just something dumb I am missing? never had this problem since I hooked the comp up to a router =( help a newbie out lol

A:My aim keeps disconnecting?

Might seem completely irrevelant for me to ask this, but are you using Trillian? Both my work PC and one of my home PCs were having issues with AIM recently (yesterday at home and today at work) and I then upgraded to Trillian 3.1 (I had 3.0) and it installed updated stuff for AIM, now the problem is gone.
So if you did this recently, it may not be your router.

If you don't use trillian, then disregard what I just said.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-aim-keeps-disconnecting.34641/
Relevancy 32.68%

I have msn version 8 and so does my friend, but I think my friends msn keeps disconnecting after about 5 minutes can you help.

Thanks Tony,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

A:MSN disconnecting

i think there is a glitch in msn as mine and 3 people i know have exactly the same problem

I dont think its a problem we can deal with so i am just waiting to see if it gets fixed-as it is very annoying!!

ps....and we are also having problems transferring files as it either refuses or takes a lifetime

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/msn-disconnecting-148741.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Can someone tell me why all of a sudden I get kicked off line? Especially when I go to my e-mail after being on line for a while?

Relevancy 32.25%

Hi all hope someone can help, every time I stream media to my tv or ps3 from my pc the file plays for a while upto 30min then the device says its been disconnected, I check the pc and the wifi adapter has stopped working, and pc is not connected to anything, I have to unplug the adapter to make it work again, I have looked online and have made sure that wifi isn't set to sleep, I have brought a new wifi adapter as I read that this could be on its way out but still have the same problem, I am really confused what to try next, if I leave my pc on and not streaming the wifi stays connected no problem, and it has full bars on signal strength, thanks in advance for any help

A:Streaming keeps disconnecting

You might want to try adjusting the airplane mode button.

Airplane Mode - Turn On or Off in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/15493-streaming-keeps-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Good day all..

I have an internal US Robotics 28.8 Sportster Modem. Each time
I try to connect... I can hear the "handshaking" however,
it quickly gives me the error msg.." You have disconnected
from the computer you dialed. Double click to try the connection
again." I have adjusted the speed of the modem.. reinstalled
it..etc to no avail. Its running off com3, irq 4.. if that helps.

Any help would be appreciated...

A:USR Modem...disconnecting

Verify your password & call your ISP if the # appears to be correct also.
Sounds like an ISP problem though &/or
you may need to update your dialup connector also

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usr-modem-disconnecting.65152/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi recently my internet has been causing me problems I never had any real issues with it till i bought a new laptop I noticed every once in awhile my laptop would disconnect from the internet while our other computers where fine My laptop does Internet Disconnecting have windows and i figured with many ppl telling me it was an old router not suited for windows or vista Which makes sense since it is proly - year old router Just recently though ive had major issues just Internet Disconnecting with laptop itll disconnect from internet and when i refresh for connections itll show me a bunch So when i connect to our wireless connection it will say strength is excellent but has lil exclemation mark over the internet bars saying no internet access I had to reset my whole internet for linksys Internet Disconnecting and eventually got it working again but it still likes to disconnect off and on While ever other computer is fine its only my laptop that does it Could it be the router or perhaps my laptop money issues why i have not bought new router yet to see Also i cant troubleshoot since Microsoft support diagnostics keeps asking for passkey and i never got one ty Additional info Acer laptop Aspire Linksys Router Wireless internet Windows nbsp

Relevancy 32.25%

I recently moved to Tabor City North Carolina, and when I had my Internet installed it was okay, but now the Internet gets disconnected, the whole router doesn't go off but just the WLAN, and Internet lights do. What can I do to stop this?

A:Internet keeps disconnecting

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Make and exact model and hardware version of any other network equipment, like a repeater, a booster, hi-gain antenna, etc.
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

Have you tried to do a system restore to before the problem occurred?
If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
For wireless connection issues, have you removed all the stored wireless network profiles and then searched for the network?
For wireless laptops, have you made SURE the wireless switch is on?
For wired connection issues, have you booted in Safe Mode with Networking to see if that changes the symptoms?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 74.125.45.100

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-keeps-disconnecting.955521/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi
I have a belkin wireless g router and am having problems with my connection constantly dropping out. I am using an acer aspire 5735 laptop running windows vista. My room mates do not have the same problem and their connection remains steady and so does my xbox in the same room. Its driving me nuts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Relevancy 32.25%

Hello,

I got a new windows 8 laptop and I started having a problem that the internet keeps getting lost. To get it back, I disable all of the network adapters and re-enable them.

I don't know what info you might need, so just tell me what you need and I will be happy to give that info to you.

Maxwell.

A:Internet keeps disconnecting.

did you run the check and repair ,right click on the network icon in the lower right corner and choose trouble shoot problem or run repair ,what ever option you get when you right click

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/21294-internet-keeps-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Hey guys, I've been getting disconnected from a lot of websites for the last few days now and I'm getting sort of frustrated. I'm on facebook, looking around and then I decide to go on google for something and then it tells me i'm disconnected.. It's not really disconnecting but It shows me that the site can't be connected. Even if it says that, I can still go on facebook. Facebook doesn't seem to have any problems but all the other sites I try to get onto are unable to be connected. I'm calling this partial disconnection for now, but can anyone help me on this?

I'm using Windows XP btw

A:Partial disconnecting?

Laptop or desktop computer? Try this:
Release and renew IP adresses

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/partial-disconnecting.163299/
Relevancy 32.25%

Im having this problem when ever I turn on/off my laptop the internet disconnects and resets itsself.
It doesnt happen to any other Computer or Console's like Xbox or Ps3 when I turn them on.

My internet also disconnects every 5m-1hr and I dont know why its happening. The ASDL light goes off constantly.

Any help? -G-

Relevancy 32.25%

My laptop will not stay connected to wifi for more than a few seconds before 'limited access' appears.
It connects and disconnects repetitively.
i have a 3mobile wireless dongle. Other laptops stay connected no problem and i am always beside the dongle with full coverage.
if i click the network icon several times on the bottom right it reconnects for a few seconds again,
I have discovered that if i run 'funkypool' in the background the connection generally stays, but not 100%, but 90% anyway.
this may possibly be because its java and always refreshing itself i think.
it doesn't matter whether or not im plugged in or using battery but i did change the controls for automatically putting the wireless to sleep mode so i doubt that unless ive done it wrong. my laptop is 5 months old. trouble shooting does not raise any issues. any help greatly appreciated, thanks

A:wifi disconnecting

The mobile wireless may be interfering with your Wi-Fi. Try the Wi-Fi without the mobile wireless "dongle."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-disconnecting.1058681/
Relevancy 32.25%

I have a acer apire 5745g with windows 10 and my problem has been happening for a long time, my usb mouse keeps reconnecting and disconnecting randomly and continuously, its very annoying and depressing. Its my 3rd mouse that its happening to , i tried almost everything that other people have tried from drivers to power management and changing settings in device manager but that still does not help. Can anybody please help me ?

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/help-please-my-mouse-keeps-disconnecting-4598586/
Relevancy 32.25%

I have installed AIM on my recently purchased Asus Bamboo and it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every minutes It is driving me nuts I HAVE -tried installing aim It ALSO disconnects -rebooting computer and router Still disconnects -reinstalled both disconnecting and 7.3 keeps AIM reconnecting aim and multiple times Still disconnects -tried using pidgin and AIM AIM 7.3 keeps disconnecting and reconnecting at the same time Pidgin will not disconnect but AIM still does However AIM seems to disconnect a LOT LESS while running with pidgin sometimes it goes a full hours without DCing -googled solutions have been unable to find a solution most forums describe problems from vista and xp that were a couple years back i KNOW it is not my internet connection wireless or ethernet cables fault I have tested all of those extensively while running aim on other computers that don't disconnect and also surfing the web downloading streaming and playing games while running aim in the background all AIM 7.3 keeps disconnecting and reconnecting work seamlessly but aim still disconnects PLEASE HELP THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY and please don't suggest that I use third party clients AIM 7.3 keeps disconnecting and reconnecting I will if I have to but I have tried all of them and I hate them I prefer to use AIM

A:AIM 7.3 keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

Quote: Originally Posted by dhsiung

I have installed AIM 7.3 on my recently purchased Asus Bamboo, and it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every 5 minutes. It is driving me nuts!

I HAVE
-tried installing aim 5.9. It ALSO disconnects.
-rebooting computer and router. Still disconnects.
-reinstalled both aim 5.9 and 7.3 multiple times. Still disconnects.
-tried using pidgin and AIM at the same time. Pidgin will not disconnect, but AIM still does. However, AIM seems to disconnect a LOT LESS while running with pidgin(sometimes it goes a full 2 hours without DCing).
-googled solutions. have been unable to find a solution; most forums describe problems from vista and xp that were a couple years back.

i KNOW it is not my internet connection, wireless or ethernet cables fault. I have tested all 3 of those extensively while running aim on other computers that don't disconnect, and also surfing the web, downloading, streaming, and playing games while running aim in the background. all work seamlessly, but aim still disconnects.

PLEASE HELP. THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY.

and please don't suggest that I use third party clients. I will if I have to, but I have tried all of them and I hate them. I prefer to use AIM.

Check event viewer to see if the disconnects are logged

There are several ways to find what the problem is. The best is to go into event viewer (type eventvwr in search). Go to the windows log>application tab.

You want to look for critical errors (they have red in the left column ).

When you find them you want to look for critical errors that say app hang, app crash, or anything that relates to the problem.

When you find them please note the event ID, and the source codes and tell us what they are.

Let us know if you need help with any of this.

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/109359-aim-7-3-keeps-disconnecting-reconnecting.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Dear wise computer people,

I am a duffer at computers and not sure if Im even in the right section, could be networking. Anyway as stated above my ADSL line keeps disconecting all by itself. Ive worked out its not my 4 year old 3com modem but that there is some fishy virus on my laptop, probably with a timer etc.(this is just a guess though).

Anyone come across this before??

eternally grateful,

Horlicks

Relevancy 32.25%

I'm not sure why it does this. I'll be connected and all of the sudden it will disconnect me and then automatically sign on again right away.

It's really more an annoyance than anything, but if anyone has any thoughts, I welcome them!

Thanks!

Scott

Relevancy 32.25%

Hi all I have a Dell Vostro Have Windows Am using a router to connect wirelessly to internet and have a Dell Lan Mini card While surfing the net my Pc s connection suddenly cuts off and i have to disable and Internet keeps disconnecting enable the wlan card to restore the connectivity it happens randomly but at-least once in hrs I have this software Soluto recommeded by howtogeek com which shows which hardware u r have problems with Internet keeps disconnecting it said i had problems with DW WLAN Card Utility when i open it and do the diagnostics it says Internet IP Ping test has failed but i am not sure if thats affecting my connection My ipconfig all results as below Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Windows IP Configuration Host Name Professor Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address -E - -C - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address -E - -C - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dcc e e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained April Lease Expires April Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - F-FC- -F - D-A - A-B -F DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address F - D-A - A-B -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E B FE- - -A F- BA BD C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B F -DFD - -BDB - FF AFCB D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap A B D - BCE- F -A E -F C FE C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fb e f fffc Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe e f fffc Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Plz help asap nbsp

Relevancy 32.25%

Hi this is my first time posting so bare with me if I do Disconnecting Network anything wrong I am having some Disconnecting Network difficulties with my system I purchased a new toshiba laptop and Belkin wireless router I use windows live messenger quite regularly and since I've been using this new set up I find that my internet keeps on disconnecting I heard that routers tend to do that due to walls and electrical appliances interfering with the signal but I think its happening too often with mine When I'm using Windows Live Messenger I sometimes get signed out but I can sign in right away after that sometimes my internet losing signal completely and I have to wait a minute for it to regain When I video conference on Windows Live I get repeatedly signed out after a few minutes and i'm just wondering why this is Can it be solved Or is it just a poor networking system I upgraded my Windows Live to the latest upgrade and still no luck Thanks for all your help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/disconnecting-network-210099.html
Relevancy 32.25%

I have searched intesively for a solution to this problem but no thread quite helped it I have and older custom build gaming pc that has slowed down lately I reinstalled windows clean instalation and it worked for a while and now it slows down again startup is really slow for the ammount of programs installed on the pc My problem is that sometimes my wired keyboard randomly disconnects Keyboard keeps disconnecting lagging my computer for a brief moment and then it reconnects If i am in a game after the keyboard reconnects i have to pres the button i was pressing when it disconnected for it to register Keyboard keeps disconnecting again button remains pressed after the disconnect Could anyone help me with this I have already tried the following -Change the usb ports to see if it is a usb power shortage mouse workes fine on any usb the keyboard disconnects on any usb -Disable the disconnecting for power saving by windows in the devices- gt usb keyboard properties i have about device functions HID Keyboard device HID compliant mouse identical USB Input devices with the exact same location quot d quot a HID Compliant consumer control device and a USB Composite device so i do not really know wich one to disable or enable As i said the other devices are working properly and i really think this is a software issue because of the huge clog of functions each device has I perofrmed the windows install under a month ago and everything is up to date My keyboard is a NateC Genesis A with no driver or anything else for that matter I wonder if it is not a problem from my SteelSeries Rival Gaming mouse as i started to get theese issues since i installed it's drivers I would preffer to not uninstall the drivers for the mouse as there may be another quicker and easier fix

A:Keyboard keeps disconnecting

Can you try another USB keyboard to determine it is not at fault?

One cool thing to have in your toolbox is a copy of Tool/wiz TimeFreeze

It is free and is a good way to test things if you want to keep your system the same after the test. After install let is sit in the tray. When you need it, open the window from the Tray Icon and activate it. Install/Uninstall programs, drivers, whatever to see what happens. To undo all changes just reboot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/377517-keyboard-keeps-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 32.25%

i don't know if this is the right place to post this but i wasent sure where to.

i today purchased windows 7 ultimate 64bit and for some reason every 5 minutes if i am lucky my net cuts off.. i know its not the isp fault because i have a ps3 and two other lap tops and any other system even my nokia n97 connects fine and doesent have this problem..

im not sure what i did wrong, does anyone know how to fix this or has had this problem?

A:disconnecting internet

Quote: Originally Posted by paliometoxo

i don't know if this is the right place to post this but i wasent sure where to.

i today purchased windows 7 ultimate 64bit and for some reason every 5 minutes if i am lucky my net cuts off.. i know its not the isp fault because i have a ps3 and two other lap tops and any other system even my nokia n97 connects fine and doesent have this problem..

im not sure what i did wrong, does anyone know how to fix this or has had this problem?

Click on the network icon, bottom right, and then troubleshoot. If that does not work, go to search, type, cmd then ipconfig and give us a screen shot.

Did you do a clean install of Windows?
Did you download or buy a retail DVD?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/42400-disconnecting-internet.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello. I can't seem to figure out what's going on with connectify. No matter what computer or wifi adapter I use, connectify seems to just stall and stop working. I have waited for upgrades to be released and it still does the same thing. I am VERY dissapointed with it. If anyone has any suggestions, please post. Thanks

A:Connectify keeps disconnecting. Please Help!

Is there not anyone who knows why this worthless program ****s up everysingle time I try to use it? It's pissing me off!

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/173840-connectify-keeps-disconnecting-please-help.html
Relevancy 32.25%

I have about IP cameras plugged into Mbps ports on a PoE unmanaged switch The switch connects to a Netgear gigabit VPN firewall Also on the switch an IP intercom plugged into another a Mbps port and Disconnecting Intercom IP a viewing station gb i CPU windows which is doubling as the NDVR plugged into one of the two available Mbps ports A remote viewing station connects over the public internet every couple of hours to check on the cameras AND maintains an always-on connection with the IP intercom by pinging it every thirty seconds My broadband speed is Mbps up Mbps down Every thirty to sixty minutes the intercom goes offline completely for about thirty seconds or so It can t be pinged from another computer on the IP Intercom Disconnecting LAN during this time Then it will reconnect automatically I tried plugging it directly into the router but that didn t work Tried assigning static IP address to the intercom still no luck When I put it on a separate LAN with a different internet connection the problem goes away I can t leave it like that though The intercom needs to be on the same LAN as the cameras Using a diagnostic tool in the Netgear router I captured some packets and looked at them in Wireshark I don t know what they mean exactly but around the time the problem occurs these frames show up from the public IP of the remote station to the ip of the intercom quot TCP ACKed lost segment quot from the IP of the intercom to the remote station quot Destination unreachable port unreachable quot and quot Source quench flow control quot and quot TCP Window Update quot Should I try upgrading to a Cisco router with a managed switch so I can setup VLAN and QoS properly Or does it sound like a more basic networking problem nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ip-intercom-disconnecting.1042500/
Relevancy 32.25%

Please help me someone i m going mad My computer connects to the broadband fine everytime but after around minutes broadband won t open any further pages page can not be displayed i have phoned AOL my provider and they have said my connection is fine so its a problem with Broadband Disconnecting Keeps my computer when i get the message if i disconnect then re-connect then it works again Broadband Keeps Disconnecting for minutes ish then cuts off etc My modem doesn t cut off though it displays lights which means Broadband Keeps Disconnecting its Broadband Keeps Disconnecting connected i ve had broadband set up how it is now for years wilth no problems its just started happening lately i have formatted the hard drive totally and re installed windows and the modem drivers etc but still no joy i m running XP and my modem is BT Voyager its cable Broadband too not wireless i ve ran out of ideas now to sort this so any help would be greatly appreciated thanks nbsp

Relevancy 32.25%

Hey Guys,

so my computer is just wiered. the connection to the internet keeps disconenecting, sometimes stays disconencted for a short time others loong. im using a wireless adapter (realtek rt8192u). im using windows xp now, and i believe that;s the reason why becuase i had windows 7 on it for the longest time and it was working fine never any problems and before the time i had windows 7 i also had windows xp. guess what? it also had the same problems! another thing that might bee the cuase is the driver.

I feel like there are some more details i could add just can't remember them but if u need more details let me know.

I appreciate all the help I can get
bye.

Relevancy 32.25%

Hi i recently bought a wireless USB adapter so i can connect to my router as my older one broke. The one i had before worked fine and was easy able to connect to my router with high connection, but with this new adapter i can still connect but have pretty low signal like 2 or 3 bars and whenever i try downloading anything or try watching films or just surfing the web for like 10 minutes it says limited access with a yellow exclamation mark on the signal bar and the only way to reconnect to the internet is to first disconnect and reconnect every time. please help i have no clue why it is doing this or what is doing this any help you give will be very much appreciated, thanks

Relevancy 32.25%

Well, I know this is probably going to be more of a router issue, but the Homegroup between my PCs keeps disconnecting. They will reconnect when i restart the router, but hours later (with not interruption, not even a restart of a computer) the homegroups will not see the other computers.

On a similar note, I have a Desktop and Laptop with 64-bit Windows 7 and one laptop with 32-bit, and the 64's can see each other but not the 32, it's all by itself. It SEES the homegroup itself, but can't see the computers... I think. I am pretty sure it accepted the password and everything (I can't remember, I tried this a while ago). So I just use the "network" listing to see that other laptop and send files to it.

The router I use is a "Belkin N Wireless Router", model F5D8233-4.

A:Homegroup keeps disconnecting.

the cold one

Have you disabled IPv6 support in sharing and networking? been known to cause random drops.

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/25652-homegroup-keeps-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Hey can you look at my HJ log and you server, DNS can my from pls look log? at Disconnecting tell me if there is smt which could cause disconnecting from the network or any other infections here is my log Disconnecting from DNS server, pls can you look at my log? Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exeC Windows sttray exeC Windows System hkcmd exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Program Files Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashDisp exeC Program Files BOINC boincmgr exeC Windows system igfxsrvc exeC Program Files BOINC boinctray exeC Program Files Skype Phone Skype exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exeC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Program Files BOINC boinc exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www gateway com g startpage html Ch TB amp M M- R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www gateway com g startpage html Ch TB amp M M- R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dllO - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO CBrowserHelperObject Object - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - c windows system BAE dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - HKLM Run IAAnotif quot C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaanotif exe quot O - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp sttray exeO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C Windows system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C Windows system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run Persistence C Windows system igfxpers exeO - HKLM Run e - f c- e -a ec-b a b c C Program Files Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exeO - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeO - HKLM Run boincmgr quot C Program Files BOINC boincmgr exe quot a sO - HKLM Run boinctray quot C Program Files BOINC boinctray exe quot O - HKCU Run Skype quot C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe quot nosplash minimizedO - HKCU Run ehTray exe C Windows ehome ehTray exeO - HKCU Run Sidebar C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe autoRunO - Extra button Send to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem S amp end to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dllO - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS Office REFIEBAR DLLO - Extra button ICQ - E EB -F - -A BA-FE C C - C Program Files ICQ ICQ exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem ICQ - E EB -F - -A BA-FE C C - C Program Files ICQ ICQ exeO - Gopher Prefix O - Protocol skype com - FFC B - B - DFF- - C DD F D - C PROGRA COMMON Skype SKYPE DLLO - Winlogon Notify SASWinLogon - C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SAS... Read more

A:Disconnecting from DNS server, pls can you look at my log?

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/225133/disconnecting-from-dns-server-pls-can-you-look-at-my-log/
Relevancy 32.25%

Okey, Hello guys, this seems decent forums to ask for help...

Im using portatable Modem Huawei something ( not important )
Stable 4g internet, fast and lovely.
My problem is that my internet connection just randomly disconnects for maybe a minute or 2 and reconnects, sometimes, but very rarely it doesnt disconnect but pops up this on network. Trouble shooting shows me that win cant connect to DNS server. It happens very often when im downloading/uploading torrents, lil less often when playing Games like League of Legends. THis can happen maybe twice a day, or even twice in 10minutes. Ive reinstalled windows, doesnt help, ive used 2 diferent modems, doesnt help, So i have no idea where to go on from here. Im certain it has trouble uploading data... I would really like to have help with this as on some other forums, nobody even tries to help. Ask me for more info or anything i can supply you with.

A:Internet Disconnecting

Open Device Manager, expand Network Adapters. Post a screen capture here.

Do the following twice. Once when all is working correctly. Capture data and save.
Do again when it's not working. Post both results in a reply here.

Open a Elevated Command Prompt:

Press WIN + X to open Start context menu.
Select Command Prompt (Admin)​.

Paste the following into the Command Prompt window, exactly as shown, including double quotes:

cmd /c "ipconfig /all > postme.txt & ping yahoo.com >> postme.txt & reg query "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" | find /i "proxy" >> postme.txt & notepad postme.txt & del postme.txt"

and press ENTER.

A file will open in Notepad. Please copy and paste the contents here. Close the Notepad window and the file will be deleted and the Command Prompt window will also close. Post results in a reply here.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-8-a/126688-internet-disconnecting.html