Windows Support Forum

Win 7 Home Premium x64 Randomly Freezes requiring hard boot

Q: Win 7 Home Premium x64 Randomly Freezes requiring hard boot

I recently upgraded my own custom built PC by replacing the primary HDD with a GB Samsung SSD a new graphics card and installed OEM Windows Home Premium x From the beginning requiring Home Win Premium hard boot 7 x64 Randomly Freezes I have experienced random freezes that require a hard boot at least once a day There s never a BSOD The freezes occur while I m browsing playing games or doing nothing at all The computer will crash immediately in sleep mode and restart so I have disabled the power settings I don t know if that s a separate problem or not I built this rig in with XPSP that worked more Win 7 Home Premium x64 Randomly Freezes requiring hard boot or less fine for years Here's the rig OS Windows Home Premium bit CPU Intel Core Quad Q GHz Motherboard Asus P N-E SLI Memory x GB Graphics Card s Gigabyte GTX TI GB Hard Drives Samsung SSD EVO GB My power supply is a WCooler Master RS- -PCAR-E I have updated graphics and WiFi network card device drivers with no resolution My HP all-in-one drivers seemed to be involved Event viewer so Win 7 Home Premium x64 Randomly Freezes requiring hard boot I completely uninstalled them No help I ve looked for the dump files and there is nothing in there - ever show hidden files is checked If anything was there I would see it I ve gone to the Startup and Recovery Settings and set the write debugging information to Small memory dump uncheck automatically restart and set the small dump directory to SystemRoot Minidump There s no memory dmp file either The event viewer consistently shows two things Critical The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly AM on Error The previous system shutdown at AM on was unexpected AM When I look for an event at the time AM on I don t see anything It s the same pattern whenever this happens WTH is going on Help would be much appreciated If I didn t post this in the right place or broke a forum rule- don t crucify me I m a n b Point me to the right place

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Win 7 Home Premium x64 Randomly Freezes requiring hard boot

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Win 7 Home Premium x64 Randomly Freezes requiring hard boot

Have you Googled deeply into Samsung SSD issues? They have had several problems recently regarding firmware and their Magician software.

I don't own a Samsung, so did not pay a lot of attention to the details. I do know that sleep issues can be related to firmware.

Walk down these search results as a starting point:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...ts=&gws_rd=ssl

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/372816-win-7-home-premium-x64-randomly-freezes-requiring-hard-boot.html
Relevancy 81.53%

New custom computer running working. cold Hard Randomly Computer to boot New requiring Freezes get windows pro New Computer Randomly Hard Freezes requiring cold boot to get working. with SP I installed the Os and drivers from the Asus motherboard disk on the first day I got it and from the nd day the computer started having random freezes that vary from - times per day The first time was while watching a video after that freezes would occur during virtually anything Sometimes even just from leaving it on without being used These are hard freezes and a hard reboot is the only way to get the computer working again During the freeze the mouse cursor disappears audio stops if on and the keyboard and mouse produce no response whatsoever I can still open the dvd drive but that's it I've dealt with a lot of PC problems over the years using different computers but none like this When I check the Windows event viewer logs there's nothing I've been able to find about what's causing the freezes Just the error message of quot unexpected shutdown quot from me having to do a reboot I have quot WhoCrased quot installed on my computer and that reports nothing about the freezes either My temperatures seem to be fine I have quot CoreTemp quot installed and quot System Information for Windows quot I ran Memtest with no errors I flashed the Bios and there were less freezes for a few days Then they started reoccurring I ran a stress test with no problems I updated all of the drivers from the manufactures website My computer is Intel i rd Generation k Samsung Evo SSD as primary Harddrive Seagate TB HDD for storage an Asus H M-A Motherboard Crucial DDR Ram GB mhz Onboard graphics and Orion watt power supply I can post more specs about my computer In Bios settings it looks like almost everything is set to default and to automatically detect Other troubleshoots I've tried Troubleshoot Went on Intel Asus and Realtek player's site and updated all of the drivers Troubleshoot Checked computer for errors with sfc scannow None were found Troubleshoot Turned off all unnecessary services and start programs Troubleshoot Changed my Power setting to quot High Performance quot Troubleshoot Installed Windows Hotfixes for freezes Troubleshoot Installed all Windows updates Troubleshoot Resat The Ram in a different slot Troubleshoot Tested my Drives with Seagate fitness Troubleshoot Checked and replaced all of the cables connected to the Harddrives and tried different ports I can have the motherboard Cpu or whatever replaced but I'm trying to figure out what's causing the problem first All of the hardware is new As far as the SSD I used it for weeks before getting this computer so I don't think it's that

A:New Computer Randomly Hard Freezes requiring cold boot to get working.

Did you substitute another power supply? Did you reseat all connectors?
Another thing -you say that you Flashed the BIOS and that produced a temporary fix. You might want to contact Asus about the issue based on this alone.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/330901-new-computer-randomly-hard-freezes-requiring-cold-boot-get-working.html
Relevancy 98.47%

Windows 10 crashes frequently and randomly. No BSOD no error msgs. Happens about 30 times a day with no rhyme or reason
Please help
Elizabeth

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/625738/windows-10-freezes-frequently-and-randomly-requiring-hard-restart/
Relevancy 89.87%

I've just orderdered a series of compatible hardware to assemble a new computer Now that I've installed windows vista x home premium i've Premium Windows freezes x64 Vista Home randomly experienced random freezes BSOD and i can't play crysis either if someone can help me out please do so This is my system specs straight from my newegg shopping cart Thermaltake V Black Edition ATX Computer Gaming Chassis with Dual Oversized mm Ultra-Silent Cooling Fans VJ G N Z Mid - Retail BIOSTAR TA GXE AM AM AM AMD GX Windows Vista x64 Home Premium freezes randomly Micro ATX AMD Windows Vista x64 Home Premium freezes randomly Motherboard - Retail SAPPHIRE Vapor-X VXLE Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail CORSAIR CMPSU- TX W ATX V EPS V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i Power - Retail AMD Phenom II X Black Edition Deneb GHz Socket AM W Quad-Core Processor Model HDZ FBGIBOX - Retail CORSAIR GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN X - C - Retail CORSAIR GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN X - C - Retail Seagate Barracuda ST AS TB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive bare drive - OEM And my CD drive is from a year old dell computer It's very possible that this is the issue But I doubt it The CD drive is compatible and works pretty well although it is very slow

A:Windows Vista x64 Home Premium freezes randomly

from newegg for your motherboard:

Supported CPU CPU Socket Type AM3/AM2+/AM2 CPU Type AMD Phenom II X4 Processor
AMD Phenom II X3 Processor
AMD Phenom II X2 Processor
AMD Phenom X4 Processor
AMD Phenom X3 Processor
AMD Athlon II X2 Processor
AMD Athlon X2 Dual-Core Processor
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor
AMD Athlon 64 FX Processor
AMD Athlon 64 Processor
AMD Sempron Processor
Maximum CPU TDP (Thermal Design Power) : 125Watt

it only supports processors up to 125w, and you have a 140w phenom II, this may cause some or all of your problems =\.
could you post your memory dump (minidump .dmp) from your BSOD for someone to analyze? you can locate it in c:\windows\minidump
zip it and attach to your post and someone'll look at it (right click -> send to -> compressed (zipped) folder, or use winzip)

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/244736-windows-vista-x64-home-premium-freezes-randomly.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Whomever can assist I have a Toshiba NB with a GB Samsung rpm SATA HDD and GB of memory on the netbook The machine will sometimes freeze I was able to capture a log file from Hijack This Please see below Any feedback is Premium NB205 randomly - Freezes Toshiba 7 Windows Home much appreciated Toshiba NB205 - Windows 7 Home Premium Freezes randomly I noticed that keNotify exe is supposed to be present in the c program Files Toshiba Utilities and it does Toshiba NB205 - Windows 7 Home Premium Freezes randomly not exist Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Toshiba NB205 - Windows 7 Home Premium Freezes randomly Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack ItSecMng exe C Windows System ThpSrv exe C Program Files Toshiba Power Saver TPwrMain exe C Program Files Apoint K ApMsgFwd exe C Program Files Toshiba SmoothView SmoothView exe C Program Files Toshiba FlashCards TCrdMain exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C Program Files Apoint K HidFind exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system igfxext exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSwMgr exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Toshiba TOSHIBA Service Station ToshibaServiceStation exe C Windows System NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GROOVEEX DLL O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run MSC quot c Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe quot -hide -runkey O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl exe O - HKLM Run ITSecMng ProgramFiles TOSHIBA Bluetooth Toshiba Stack ItSecMng exe START O - HKLM Run ThpSrv C Windows system thpsrv logon O - HKLM Run ToshibaServiceStation quot C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Service Station ToshibaServiceStation exe quot hide O - HKLM Run TPwrMain ProgramFiles TOSHIBA Power Saver TPwrMain EXE O - HKLM Run SmoothView ProgramFiles Toshiba SmoothView SmoothView exe O - HKLM Run TCrdMain ProgramFiles TOSHIBA FlashCards TCrdMain exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesH... Read more

A:Toshiba NB205 - Windows 7 Home Premium Freezes randomly

Does the system freeze after you perform a specific task.. eg: playing video games, watching a movie, printing.

Does the system ever reboot on his own or overheat.

Do you have any external devices connected to the computer? If so what happen if you unplug them?

I would start by checking the system logs "event viewer" for errors. Also check device manager for bangs"!" "?".

Also try to boot to safe mode and leave the computer running for long time and see if locks up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-nb205-windows-7-home-premium-freezes-randomly.981034/
Relevancy 82.99%

Dell Windows b Home Factory Premium 7 Win requiring password username 64 restore and Home Premium Performed system restore to factory point when I first recieved the computer When windows starts it states that it is rpeparing the system for first Factory restore requiring username and password Win 7 64 Home Premium time use however it will get to the welcome screen and prompt for a user name and password System restore never asked for a user name and password I tried using the account information from when I setup the computer originally but it does not recognize the username Also tried to type in administrator for the user name and it says the account has been disabled I have tried to setup user through the command prompt and through the Factory restore requiring username and password Win 7 64 Home Premium registry using the windows recovery disk When all this failed I contacted Dell and they said I disabled the admin account during restore I would like to know how and I would need the windows installation disk which were not included Does anyone have any suggestions on how to solve this issue Thank you

A:Factory restore requiring username and password Win 7 64 Home Premium

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

I think Dell are being a bit unfair as they do have OEM recovery discs in stock.

I'd be inclined to get back onto them and ask them to send you a recovery disc for your computer.

It may cost you a few bucks, but that would be a small price to pay.

I assume you haven't created a set of recovery discs yourself?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/210020-factory-restore-requiring-username-password-win-7-64-home-premium.html
Relevancy 82.56%

PC randomly freezes 4-5 times per week, requiring power-off reboot.  Happens in Windows 8 and two different versions of Linux.  Tried booting from Linux live DVD OS with same results.  Ran all diagnostic tests several time with no problems found, except it locked up during one series of testing.  Problem seems worse when accessing the internet.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/PC-randomly-freezes-4-5-times-per-week-requiring-power-off/td-p/5620725
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi all I have been using my Vista Premium machine which I bought month ago without any problems until today I tried to boot the machine this morning and it booted to the quot loading windows vista quot screen and then the screen freezes boot a screen on Vista to Home Premium black turns black and it freezes with no hard drive acrivity I left it for minutes before turning it off and restarting It happened again on a second boot and I noted that the mouse and keyboard had no power when it froze I tried to boot to the premium disc and use startup repair which found nothing but offered to do a restore to a previous point I agreed it restored and restarted Same problem again So I restarted it and booted into safe mode without a problem I tried to boot again and it failed Any ideas of what to do It just seems like Vista Home Premium freezes to a black screen on boot a really wierd problem I also noted that my router didn t have a light for the cable connected to my NIC when it froze I haven t changed any hardware since I bought the machine Q Quad Core ghz mhz ram gig hdd GTS I am running the newest beta nvidia drivers and will try to uninstall that when I boot into safe mode fingers crossed but the loss of power to the keyboard and mouse are disconcerting They are both USB devices so I can also try to boot with just the kb and mouse plugged in The two updates my system had before this problem were MS updates of Outlook Junk Filter and a driver update for my network card that looked wierd but I installed it Any help would be greatly appreciated does anyone have any ideas nbsp

A:Vista Home Premium freezes to a black screen on boot

I've taken the PC back to the store under warranty as i'm pretty certain it's a hardware fault.. probably the motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-home-premium-freezes-to-a-black-screen-on-boot.626428/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello im quite new to this forum so Computer freezes, reset hard requiring please be patient with me Im decently tech suavy able to do my own hardware and software upgrades and identify some problems but still learning My computer is just over a year old and it began acting up Computer freezes, requiring hard reset nearly a month ago The problem occurs during gameplay I only currently have games on Computer freezes, requiring hard reset my computer WoW and CoD MW and during both games and no given specific time the computer freezes and the monitor loses signal I have recently noticed that during this freeze I still receive audio which makes me think it has something to do with the video card My specs are as follows Processor Intel Core Quad CPU Q GHz Ram GB bit Operating system running on Windows Vista w service pack I have a newly installed PSU about months old running at amps i believe And a GeForce GTX Video card installed around the same time as the PSU If you could help me with my situation in any way it would be greaty appreciated nbsp

A:Computer freezes, requiring hard reset

Ive recently installed Speedfan, and am now noticing my GPU runs at 65C whilst no games are running... any tips on getting this down? (Not a laptop)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezes-requiring-hard-reset.156649/
Relevancy 77.4%

As the title says, I'm experiencing random crashes in the form of freezing. No BSOD, no power down or reset, just an unrecoverable freeze.
The computer is a relatively new build (3-4 months old), and this has been happening the entire time.
This occurs during gaming, Installation of software, and various other instances.
Memtest showed nothing, so the RAM is probably fine.

Speccy:http://speccy.piriform.com/results/g...BdnzNIRDoSfuKd

Please let me know if you need any other information, thank you

A:Random freezes requiring Hard Reboot

Work through the Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7
reporting back as you go as there may be other steps indicated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/359923-random-freezes-requiring-hard-reboot.html
Relevancy 76.54%

My computer will freeze at random times when playing games like Halo 2, STALKER, Crysis, Far Cry 2, and Caesar 4. I don't think it is a heat problem since it will happen at random times and my dad's comp, which also has the same specs doesn't freeze. So I was wondering if any of you could help me figure out what is wrong. Specs are right here.

CPU: Core 2 Extreme QX6850
GPU: eVGA Nvidia 8800GT 512 Mb
RAM: 2Gb Corsair 800MHz
HDD: 500Gb SATA

A:Solved: PC freezes in game, requiring hard reset.

...and the make, model, and size of the power supply? (The most neglected, but most probable cause of your problem.)

Courtney

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-pc-freezes-in-game-requiring-hard-reset.774270/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hey guys, I have a PC that was custom built with all new hardware, and I'm getting hard freezes anywhere from once a day to once a month.
It happens while doing anything from watching a movie, to just browsing the web.

I replaced the PSU, flashed the Bios, reinstalled windows, changed the power settings, updated drivers but the problem still occurs.

Windows event viewer doesn't show anything that related to the crash except "previous system shutdown was unexpected".

I ran a stress and cpu test as well memtest all of those came up fine.
Since all the hardware is new not sure what to switch out first, or if I should reinstall windows again or change something in the bios.

I'm using a
Intel i7 3770k,
Intel graphics 4000,
Asus H61M-A Motherboard,
1 Crucial DDR3 Ram 8GB
Samsung Evo 840 SSD as primary drive,
Seagate 1TB HDD
Corsair 550 watt PSU

Any help is appreciated.

A:All new Hardware Custom build Freezes requiring hard reboot

Hello Avaava mate now you say you have swapped out most of the components just exactly have you not swapped out? I am assuming the board is new in which case (no pun) may have an issue.

Now just out of my curiosity could you do this as the PSU bought new might not be right and it would really eliminate for good that source of any problem.

Using HW Info
PART A:
You can test the volts on the PSU with HW Info HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 - Download < download the right bit version and close the right hand window select Sensors and scroll down to the power section where you will see what the volts are doing see my pic. In my pic the section (Nuvoton) with VBATT is a dead give away you are in the section for the rail voltages. There are other section titles and one that pops up often is ITE
Now the voltage on the different rails have to be within 5% =+/- of what is required or the machine will not work properly if at all.
See this for the rail voltage info
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/power-supply-specifications-atx-reference,3061.html (Section 2.)
The original right hand window shows the machine running and is handy for that but for looking at the components in some detail close it and use the main left hand side panel
FOR OTHER COMPONENTS
PART B:
Open each small square with + in it on the section the components are in and then click on the individual component/s (it will highlight in blue) - in the right hand side will appear all sorts of details including brands speeds and other essential info that particular device. See pic for example.
Use PART A: for the PSU (the pic is of my main deskie - Asus Ivy Bridge board so am guessing the section you will see will be Nuvoton) should you want to know the very fine detail of other stuff use PART B:

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/368768-all-new-hardware-custom-build-freezes-requiring-hard-reboot.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I seem to have a couple of common ones; one refers to attempting to write to a read-only memory area. Another talks about a clock interrupt. I stumbled on the jcgriff2 website with diagnostic tools and went through those steps and have three zip files with the results. I also updated drivers using Uniblue, and updated the Award BIOS, ran a memory check, and chkdsk.

I appreciate any help you guys can give. Since about Windows 95, I haven't really kept up on the technical side so much.

Thanks in advance.

A:BSOD and system freezes requiring hard reboot Win7x64

Security software:
Code:
ssscheduler.exe c:\program files (x86)\mcafee security scan\2.0.181\ssscheduler.exe 4064 8 200 1380 3/26/2012 8:55 PM 2.0.181.0 249.55 KB (255,536 bytes) 1/15/2010 5:49 AM
sdwinsec.exe c:\program files (x86)\spybot - search & destroy\sdwinsec.exe 2408 8 200 1380 3/26/2012 8:54 PM 1.0.0.12 1.10 MB (1,153,368 bytes) 3/13/2012 8:29 PM
teatimer.exe c:\program files (x86)\spybot - search & destroy\teatimer.exe 3904 4 200 1380 3/26/2012 8:55 PM 1.6.6.32 2.16 MB (2,260,480 bytes) 3/13/2012 8:29 PM
avastui.exe c:\program files\avast software\avast\avastui.exe 2224 8 200 1380 3/26/2012 8:55 PM 7.0.1426.0 4.05 MB (4,241,512 bytes) 3/26/2012 8:23 PM
mcsacore.exe c:\progra~2\mcafee\sitead~1\mcsacore.exe 1832 8 3072 4608 3/26/2012 8:54 PM 3.4.1.118 101.02 KB (103,440 bytes) 2/23/2012 9:52 PM
saui.exe c:\progra~2\mcafee\sitead~1\saui.exe 3800 8 200 1380 3/26/2012 8:57 PM 3.4.1.195 276.02 KB (282,648 bytes) 2/23/2012 9:52 PM
Remove McAfee items through Start Menu -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a program
Possible out of date drivers:
Code:
PAEAFLT fffff880`04c44000 fffff880`04c46500 Wed Sep 26 00:32:51 2007 (46f9fd13) 00009ca8 PAEAFLT.sys
SPC230NC fffff880`05868000 fffff880`058ef000 Thu Jan 03 03:13:47 2008 (477cb55b) 0008cc2c SPC230NC.SYS
PAEAFLT.sys
SPC230NC.SYS

Code:
Loading Dump File [D:\Kingston\BSODDmpFiles\NCostanza\Windows7_Vista_jcgriff2_2\Windows7_Vista_jcgriff2_2\032612-21406-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\SymCache*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (2 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.17727.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.111118-2330
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02c07000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02e4b650
Debug session time: Mon Mar 26 20:53:07.121 2012 (UTC - 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:32:54.777
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck BE, {fffff8800f2091f0, 137df2121, fffff88007a1f9a0, b}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\aswSnx.SYS, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswSnx.SYS
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswSnx.SYS
Probably caused by : luafv.sys ( luafv!LuafvNormalizeNameComponentEx+145 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY (be)
An attempt was made to write to readonly memory. The guilty driver is on the
stack trace (and is typically the current instruction pointer).
When possible, the guilty driver's name (Unicode string) is printed on
the bugcheck screen and saved in KiBugCheckDriver.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff8800f2091f0, Virtual address for the attempted write.
Arg2: 0000000137df2121, PTE contents.
Arg3: fffff88007a1f9a0, (reserved)
Arg4: 000000000000000b, (reserved)
... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/221321-bsod-system-freezes-requiring-hard-reboot-win7x64.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello fellow experts My custom build computer spec in my sig is experiencing random freezes screen and cursor without going to a blue screen--necessitating manual restarts I have identified no patterns that effect this behavior browsing of internet playing graphics intensive game watching a video computer left on idle overnight etc Sometimes I get freezes over a couple of hours Other times I am able to be issue-free for up to days I've tried googling to help diagnose this issue and I've tried Fresh install of windows (no Hard files) Requiring minidump Reboot Random 7 Freezes Windows home premium bit windows updates Making sure all drivers and bios are up-to-date Replaced upgraded graphics card Replaced upgraded SSD Ran sfcnow chkdsk Windows 7 Random Freezes Requiring Hard Reboot (no minidump files) Windows Fix it graphics test memtest etc Enabled minidump files disabled automatic restarts but curiously no dump files are ever written Downloaded Speccy to monitor core temperatures Windows 7 Random Freezes Requiring Hard Reboot (no minidump files) Nothing to note all hovering around degrees As a relative computer illiterate I'm having trouble taking additional steps to further this investigation I've attached my latest event viewer log files for your kind review Can anyone help me diagnose this issue Many many thanks

A:Windows 7 Random Freezes Requiring Hard Reboot (no minidump files)

Quote:
Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Wininit
Date: 13-09-2013 PM 02:07:46
Event ID: 11
Task Category: None
Level: Warning
Keywords:
User: SYSTEM
Computer: Edwin-PC
Description:
Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications.

Which antivirus do you use? Please uninstall it, at least as a test. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.
Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.

Scan the system for possible virus infection with the following programs, too.
Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller
Windows Defender Offline
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/304883-windows-7-random-freezes-requiring-hard-reboot-no-minidump-files.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Brand new custom computer running windows pro with New Custom requiring Computer, Random Hard Freezes, cold reboot. SP I installed the Os and drivers from the Asus motherboard disk on the first day I got it and from the nd day the computer started having random freezes that vary from - times per day The first time was while watching a video after that freezes would occur during virtually anything Sometimes even just from leaving it on without being used New Custom Computer, Random Hard Freezes, requiring cold reboot. These are hard freezes New Custom Computer, Random Hard Freezes, requiring cold reboot. and a hard reboot is the only way to get the computer working again During the freeze the mouse cursor disappears audio stops if on and the keyboard and mouse produce no response whatsoever I can still open the dvd drive but that's it I've dealt with a lot of PC problems over the New Custom Computer, Random Hard Freezes, requiring cold reboot. years using different computers but none like this When I check the Windows event viewer logs there's nothing I've been able to find about what's causing the freezes Just the error message of quot unexpected shutdown quot from me having to do a reboot I have quot WhoCrased quot installed on my computer and that reports nothing about the freezes either My temperatures seem to be fine I have quot CoreTemp quot installed and quot System Information for Windows quot I ran Memtest with no errors I flashed the Bios and there were less freezes for a few days Then they started reoccurring I ran a stress test with no problems and updated all of the drivers from the manufactures website My computer is Intel i rd Generation k Samsung Evo SSD as primary drive Seagate TB HDD for storage Asus H M-A Motherboard Crucial DDR Ram GB mhz Intel Onboard graphics and Orion watt power supply I can post more specs about my computer In Bios settings it looks like almost everything is set to default and to automatically detect Other troubleshoots I've tried Troubleshoot Went on Intel Asus and Realtek player's site and uninstalled updated all of the drivers Troubleshoot Checked computer for errors with sfc scannow None were found Troubleshoot Turned off all unnecessary services and start programs Troubleshoot Changed my Power setting to quot High Performance quot Troubleshoot Installed Windows Hotfixes for freezes Troubleshoot Installed all Windows updates Troubleshoot Resat The Ram in a different slot Troubleshoot Tested my Drives with Seagate Seatools Troubleshoot Checked and replaced all of the cables connected to the Harddrives and tried different ports I can have the motherboard Cpu or whatever replaced but I'm trying to figure out what's causing the problem first All of the hardware is new As far as the SSD I used it for weeks before getting this computer so I don't think it's that Please help It would be greatly appreciated

A:New Custom Computer, Random Hard Freezes, requiring cold reboot.

Reading all of that the first thing that comes to my mind is your power supply.

Orion 585 Watt

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/330898-new-custom-computer-random-hard-freezes-requiring-cold-reboot.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi I have been having trouble with my freezes only error 80070490 hard shutdown; Multiple detected requiring laptop for the past year or so but have finally resolved to fix it however all the tests and checks I have Multiple freezes requiring hard shutdown; only detected error 80070490 performed have come back clean other than some issues with Windows Update and failure to upgrade to Windows I don't know yet if these are linked The Multiple freezes requiring hard shutdown; only detected error 80070490 main issue is repeated complete freeze of the computer no HDD activity requiring me to long-press the power button to resolve it This has happened - times in the past year in a range of programs sometimes with nothing running sometimes under heavy load and hot though I have now discounted overheating as the cause I also had this issue while attempting the Windows upgrade after at the start of stage Configuring Drivers or something Again I don't know if these are linked Event Viewer doesn't show any obvious pattern of errors prior to Multiple freezes requiring hard shutdown; only detected error 80070490 the freeze though I have not looked at this in too much detail It justs shows the quot critical Kernel-Power quot when I perform the power off I have performed all the tests and checks I could think of sfc DSKCHK Windows Memory Diagnostic Windows Update Readiness Tool Windows Update Diagnostic sfc initially showed an error but was able to fix it though this didn't stop the freezing issue The system update readiness tool has showed errors in the past I can't remember when sorry but claimed to fix them Windows Update Diagnostic has always reported issues including ones it cannot fix which include This error has not always been reported though and appeared to start after one of the failed windows upgrade attempts so I suspect it may not be linked to the freezes The freezes have been going on for gt months and the windows upgrade attempts have been since the start of August The first was in mid-August I tried to perform a system restore after first noticing it to a time when I knew it was not reported and though I received an error xc this appeared to work and it temporarily removed the error However after I ran Windows update on and ran WindowsUpdateDiagnostic it had returned If it helps the other Windows update error messages have mainly been c - but included FFFF E and as well as initially giving reports to failed driver updates for Intel Management Engine Interface and Realtek PCIe Family Controller I have since been through and checked all drivers for updates as a precaution and this error message hasn't recurred since I would like to firstly resolve the freezing issue and the Windows Update error if it is not linked The Windows upgrade is not a priority I have attached the CheckSUR and CBS logs they are split due to its large size apologies Thanks in advance for your assistance

A:Multiple freezes requiring hard shutdown; only detected error 80070490

After reading the BSOD thread instructions I thought attaching this might be useful.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/381980-multiple-freezes-requiring-hard-shutdown-only-detected-error-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Not sure if this is the correct forum because it could be a number of problems but here goes While playing Lord of the Rings online my computer frequently emits a horrible crackling or distorted beeping sound thereafter completely freezing so I cannot even ctrl alt delete out of the game I have to do a hard boot everytime I have had someone who knows a fair amount about computers look at it She reinstalled everything and updated all the appropriate drivers etc It worked LOTRO Freezing Crackling Hard with or Crashing Boot requiring for about a week without crashing but now it's back to doing it I realize this could be a million things but I hope someone has experienced the exact thing and could provide some LOTRO Crashing or Freezing with Crackling requiring Hard Boot guidance Thanks and here's what I run Motherboard - LOTRO Crashing or Freezing with Crackling requiring Hard Boot ASUS P Q LGA Intel P ATX Intel Motherboard Memory - OCZ Platinum GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ P GK Hardrive - Western Digital VelociRaptor WD HLFS GB RPM SATA Gb s Hard Drive bare drive - OEM Processor - Intel Core Quad Q Kentsfield GHz LGA Quad-Core Processor Model BX Q Power Supply - Antec True Power Trio TP - W ATX V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply with Three V Rails Card - ASUS ENGTX TOP HTDI M GeForce GTX MB Case - Cooler Master RC- -KKN -GP Black Computer Case

A:LOTRO Crashing or Freezing with Crackling requiring Hard Boot

Do you only experience this issue while playing this game?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/lotro-crashing-or-freezing-with-crackling-requiring-hard-boot-326934.html
Relevancy 70.52%

System boots fine but when I try to run something I get a freeze and have to do a hard boot Have run Spybot and Adaware and Ewido in Safe mode Is there anything here Logfile of HijackThis v Rach98n - Hjt Wrong Boot Log Somthing Requiring Freezing - Hard Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exeC WINNT System winlogon exeC WINNT system services exeC WINNT system lsass exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT System svchost exeC Program Files Citrix ICA Client ssonsvr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC WINNT Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc Hjt Log Rach98n - Somthing Wrong - Freezing Requiring Hard Boot exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC WINNT system brsvc a exeC WINNT system spoolsv exeC WINNT system brss a exeC WINNT system Brmfrmps exeC WINNT System drivers CDAC BA EXEC WINNT system CTsvcCDA EXEC Program Files ewido anti-malware ewidoctrl exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exeC WINNT System Hjt Log Rach98n - Somthing Wrong - Freezing Requiring Hard Boot svchost exeC WINNT system BRMFRSMG EXEC WINNT System igfxtray exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINNT system wuauclt exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXEC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Documents and Settings Rachel Desktop HijackThis exeC PROGRA Symantec LIVEUP LUCOMS EXER - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http securityresponse symantec com avcenter fix homepageR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page about blankO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO NAV Helper - A F D D-E - D -B A - BB FDD - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - C E A- F - E-B E- B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINNT System igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exeO - HKLM Run SetDefPrt C Program Files Brother Brmfl a BrStDvPt exeO - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKCU Run Weather C Program Files AWS WeatherBug Weather exe O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odlO - HKCU Run GoogleDCClient C Program Files GoogleDCC GoogleDCC exe -startupO - HKCU Run RealPlayer quot C Program Files Real RealPlayer realplay exe quot RunUPGToolCommandReBootO - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exeO - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Prog... Read more

A:Hjt Log Rach98n - Somthing Wrong - Freezing Requiring Hard Boot

Sorry for the delay. If you are still having problems please post a brand new HijackThis log as a reply to this topic. Before posting the log, please make sure you follow all the steps found in this topic:Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/52874/hjt-log-rach98n-somthing-wrong-freezing-requiring-hard-boot/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi I bought premium bit randomly became my blacklisted? home 64 my windows on the pre release offer so I have had it a while I have not changed or messed with anything recently I closed a browser today and there was a this copy of windows is not genuine above my clock shortly after screen went black so I tried to activate it said my code was banned I tried by fone and that said my code was banned I downloaded the validation tool guess what So I google ms support and my home premium 64 bit randomly became blacklisted? started a chat my home premium 64 bit randomly became blacklisted? I then realised it was usa support i'm in uk they said the code was valid they then gave me a brand new key this said my code was blocked the lady went away for a my home premium 64 bit randomly became blacklisted? while after i uploaded some diagnostic files during this time my windows became active again She said it looked like it had been blocked but she had fixed it and told me to contact m uk which I did and received a standard cribboard reply So what happened here then LOL

A:my home premium 64 bit randomly became blacklisted?

Happened to me yesterday.

Microsoft blocking Win7 keys purchased from the MS Store

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/184971-my-home-premium-64-bit-randomly-became-blacklisted.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I have two copies of Windows 7. One is installed to C:\ - One is installed to D:\

They were both intended to be separate installations, due to a hard drive failure with C:\ .. (and Pre-startup reflects two different versions of Windows 7 to load, of which I have to choose the first one (D:\).

I've attempted to remove the C: from inside my tower, but when I do, D: will not boot up.

I am not understanding why this is happening. I have a new hard drive to use in place of C:, but my BIOS is not liking that I removed it, even though, it's not even supposed to be in use.

I need to get Windows 7 installed to my new Hard Drive, but removing the C: won't even allow me to boot the D: .. I'm using SATA connections for the hard drives.

A:Separate Win7 installs requiring both hard drives to boot 1 instance?

Please post back a screenshot of your Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/286914-separate-win7-installs-requiring-both-hard-drives-boot-1-instance.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I have had a connecting Vista randomly? Premium Home not Windows Vista Home Premium edition computer for two months now It has had very minimal problems except for the internet When I first got the computer it wouldn t recognize the network or anything near it We replaced the ethernet cable and that solved the problem So two months later Vista Home Premium not connecting randomly? I am having internet problems where it says it isn t connected to the network so I can t go online I called up my ISP and they tell me to restart the modem router which has worked fine until now I have a Linksys Wireless-G Ghz router So I continue to restart the modem and router but my computer still won t connect to the network I have tried messing with the firewalls and it doesn t do anything at all Also the other computers in the house have internet and don t have any problems and are both XP which makes me believe that this is an OS problem since Vista is very well known for issues like this Does anyone know a solution to this problem nbsp

A:Vista Home Premium not connecting randomly?

Welcome to TSG, GeneticVeri. I can tell you honestly that the problem you are experiencing is not a Vista problem, per se but it may have something to do with your network configurations versus Vista. TSG has many networking specialists. John Wills comes to mind immediately.This problem probably should have been posted in NETWORKING I think if you click on the triangle above your post, a mod will be more that happy to move it into the appropriate forum. Good Luck and again, Welcome.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-home-premium-not-connecting-randomly.732477/
Relevancy 69.66%

My 3 year old Toshiba Qosmio x500 started hanging randomly so I did a fresh install using a Windows 7 Home Premium x64 OEM using my original serial no.

Still having random hangs. I use PC mainly for browsing nowadays. No heavy gameplay.

Only upgrades are additional 4Gb RAm and repalced HDD with SSD as previous one was busted.

In event viewer I got 19 Critical errors-Kernel power 41 as follows:

BugcheckCode 0
BugcheckParameter1 0x0
BugcheckParameter2 0x0
BugcheckParameter3 0x0
BugcheckParameter4 0x0
SleepInProgress true
PowerButtonTimestamp 130143938015870891

I have also run Memtest all night and run Furmark to burn test video card. All ok

Any ideas if it is hardware or software problem?

Tx,
Konrad

A:Windows 7 Home Premium x64 hangs randomly

How close did you come to getting a perfect Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7?

If you let WIn7 handle drivers and followed the other Best Practices in the tutorial, then go over your install with Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7, otherwise I'd reinstall following the recommended steps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/291895-windows-7-home-premium-x64-hangs-randomly.html
Relevancy 68.8%

hey all i really don't know what is going on i've been running windows bit no problem for over a year then randomly it starts to freeze so 7 32bit crashing randomly and premium 64 home windows i changed my windows theme to classic windows it ran perfect for about days then it started throwing up errors for one of my flight sims and refused windows 7 home premium 64 and 32bit crashing randomly to run it so tried to do restores and kept failing so i gave up and thought quot sod it i will back it up and start fresh quot put windows bit on ran fine started doing some windows updates and it started freezing again i've only installed drivers and updates so far no a v no firewall as it's just music and films on this pc i read it might be the ram memory and the timings but timings ain't too far out from each other all four are ddr pc - mhz so when i windows 7 home premium 64 and 32bit crashing randomly shut down to check what ram i had it had updates to do and it froze on number so pulled the plug kernel power error rebooted and froze on the log on screen i've gone onto the event viewer and created a file with the errors on it tell me how to post the errors to read as errors in viewer so yeah i really don't know what else i can do it freezes at anytime during a film during games doing nothing sometimes logging on once shutting down and a few times during updates pc specs cpu athlon dual core ghz socket am ram memory gb x ddr mhz pc - m b abit a-s h with ati on board but disabled gpu nvidia gt pci-e x sata hard drives

A:windows 7 home premium 64 and 32bit crashing randomly

Welcome to the same problem I have in my own laptop.
Well, I'm using my dad's laptop to write this reply.
It could be anything.
1st thing, do you have any webpages redirecting during online?
No then ask when was the last good working condition?

Use safe mode press F8 during bootup
Search for system restore
See if any of your system restore points r being deleted.
Do not do any system restore yet.

If your PNP is working, pls saved all your important data to anything that you like to use (USB drive, CD,DVD,etc).

That's right! time waster to do backups.

Backups! backups!backups!.That's what I did not do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/284810-windows-7-home-premium-64-32bit-crashing-randomly.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Mouse and keyboard randomly freeze up Acer E Q Core Quad ATI x Gig RAM USB mouse amp keyboard Vista Home Premium I have the problem with the system fully updated and after a base install with no updates The problem started days ago and have had the PC for years without this problem I have not added anything to the install recently that would cause this problem I have done automatic updates from Microsoft but as stated above problem persists from base install to fully updated Problem persists in safe mode I have edited the registry quot HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services i prt Enum quot and set the value of INITSTARTFAIED from enabled to restricted Sadly this did not fix the problem I tried this in response to Event ID Here is a partial listed of my Device Manager Human Interface Devices HID-compliant consumer controlled device HID-compliant consumer controlled device HID-compliant consumer controlled device HID-compliant device HID-compliant device HID-compliant device USB Human Interface Device USB Human Interface Device USB Human Interface Device USB Human Interface Device If I uninstall one of the quot HID-Keyboard Device quot from the quot keyboards listed below Home keyboard freeze randomly (Vista 32 bit) Premium and up. Mouse then the above Mouse and keyboard randomly freeze up. (Vista Home Premium 32 bit) list is cut in half Also when my keyboard cuts off the quot HID-compliant consumer controled device quot will double to instances Keyboards HID-Keyboard Device HID-Keyboard Device I have one keyboard plugged in If I delete the bottom quot HID-Keyboard Device quot nothing happens If I delete the top quot HID-Keyboard Device quot it kills the keyboard Mice and other pointing devices HID-compliant mouse I have not messed with this One more note on the Device Manager if I rapidly move my mouse around it increases the quot freezing quot and when this happens the Device Manager tree will collapse and reopen It is like the mouse and keyboard are flopping back and forth on and off One other curious note is sometimes when I touch my keyboard not the keys the light above my Num Lock will go out and the keyboard will be dead just to come back on after a couple seconds But this is random and may have nothing to do with me actually touching the keyboard But it does happen enough to make me wounder I also ran sfc scannow but it found nothing wrong I have tied a USB to P S converter for the mouse and keyboard but my PC will not recognize it may have to change a BIOS setting for this to work So I am completely out of ideas Any of you have some Thanks in advance P S It has been a pain trying to type all this with the mouse and keyboard cutting out every minute or so

A:Mouse and keyboard randomly freeze up. (Vista Home Premium 32 bit)

Have rep for being a determined and methodical troubleshooter

Does the "mouse and keyboard cutting out" symptom also occur if you don't boot to Windows at all? For example, press 'del' during the POST to enter the BIOS config and stay there long enough to determine whether the same keyboard issue is evident. Alternatively, boot something like Knoppix or another OS from a CD (or USB or even a floppy).

If the same symptom is evident, I think you could safely conclude that a hardware-level problem is certain. If not, it would be interesting to hear back from you as there are other troubleshooting steps you could take if the issue is specific to Windows.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/247930-mouse-keyboard-randomly-freeze-up-vista-home-premium-32-bit.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Alright folks i got a serious problem here, after a couple of hours from being shut down my desktop computer running windows vista home premium 32-bit edition, will just start booting all on its own. i dont know where to start to fix this problem. I have run a virus scan using AVG and till no luck with fixing this problem. So far this has occurred 3 times now. If anyone knows how to fix this problem please let me know.

A:Windows Vista Home Premium Randomly Starts Booting

Hi Dragunfli

I have never heard of this before, however the experiences of others says its either a faulty power supply unit or switch. There is a sticky available here Power Supply Information and Selection that will assist you when choosing. Be careful when attempting to test, or otherwise play with such devices, as the voltages and current that they can put into your body can kill. Anyway, good luck!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-home-premium-randomly-starts-booting-142100.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Thanks in advance for your assistance I built a new system with W HP bit and it keeps freezing I have followed advise in countless threads and am tired of beating my head against the desk Please help Here is Premium 7 Freezes Home Window the most recent log file of a Kernal-Power critical error It resets in a hard reset Quote - lt Event xmlns quot http Window 7 Home Premium Freezes schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Window 7 Home Premium Freezes Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt mw Desktop lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt

A:Window 7 Home Premium Freezes

I was just able to get this information:

Quote:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 00000000
BCP2: 864C78FC
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\091410-17640-01.dmp
C:\Users\Marshall\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-31734-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I don't know if this will help either:

Quote:
==================================================
Dump File : 091410-17640-01.dmp
Crash Time : 9/14/2010 11:32:29 PM
Bug Check String :
Bug Check Code : 0x00000124
Parameter 1 : 0x00000000
Parameter 2 : 0x864c78fc
Parameter 3 : 0x00000000
Parameter 4 : 0x00000000
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+322493
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft? Windows? Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7600.16617 (win7_gdr.100618-1621)
Processor : 32-bit
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\091410-17640-01.dmp
Processors Count : 3
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7600

Dump File : 091410-18703-01.dmp
Crash Time : 9/14/2010 11:25:48 PM
Bug Check String :
Bug Check Code : 0x00000124
Parameter 1 : 0x00000000
Parameter 2 : 0x85afc8fc
Parameter 3 : 0x00000000
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+322493
File Description : NT Kernel & System
File Version : 6.1.7600.16617 (win7_gdr.100618-1621)
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\091410-18703-01.dmp

Dump File : 091110-27187-01.dmp
Crash Time : 9/11/2010 5:21:14 PM
Bug Check String : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Bug Check Code : 0x00000050
Parameter 1 : 0xffffff8b
Parameter 2 : 0x00000001
Parameter 3 : 0x92a956d5
Caused By Driver : tcpip.sys
Caused By Address : tcpip.sys+f9438
File Description : TCP/IP Driver
File Version : 6.1.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\091110-27187-01.dmp

I'm am so frustrated!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/111318-window-7-home-premium-freezes.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi

I have a serious problem with my laptop. Once in a while my screen freezes completely and the only way i can do something on my laptop is do a hard shutdown. When it freezes i cannot go to task manager or cannot go to any program...any program i access it just freezes up that program.

I have upgraded my laptop from Windows XP couple of months back and i was not having this problem before...it recently started behaving like this...i have done other tweaks just bcoz of this problem but none of them help...

I believe this is causing because of some updates from Microsoft...coz i never had this problem before it just started from couple of weeks.

Please Help

My laptop model Toshiba Satellite M115-S3094.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-home-premium-freezes.633330/
Relevancy 67.94%

My system specs are detailed in my profile I would really value some help as have an intermittent but annoyingly persistent fault with new computer system It keeps freezing and has Home freezes Vista Premium just 64 to be re-started using restart switch There does not seem to be a pattern to the freezing that I can spot It happens at least once a day sometimes - times and the longest without was nearly days when I thought the problem had gone It can happen when browsing using firefox or IE It can happen when using documents or playing PC games A Vampyre Story and The Path Initially after re-boot the system had to be repaired using the Vista CD but now it simply boots to option for safe mode or start windows normally The perfromance monitor simply shows system not shut down properly Have removed u-torrent and peripherals except broadband connection BTHomeHub and wireless keyboard and mouse but to no avail I use McAfee for security and since most recent upgrade have to manually start windows Vista Home Premium 64 just freezes defender using command prompt but think that is separate Vista Home Premium 64 just freezes problem BTW by freezing I mean that everything suddenly stops responding and nothing works including any key combos or mouse Therefore can't access task manager Any help gratefully received

A:Vista Home Premium 64 just freezes

Originally Posted by gecko45

My system specs are detailed in my profile
I would really value some help as have an intermittent but annoyingly persistent fault with new computer system
It keeps freezing and has to be re-started using restart switch. There does not seem to be a pattern to the freezing that I can spot. It happens at least once a day, sometimes 4-5 times and the longest without was nearly 2 days (when I thought the problem had gone!). It can happen when browsing using firefox or IE. It can happen when using documents or playing PC games (A Vampyre Story and The Path)
Initially after re-boot the system had to be repaired using the Vista CD but now it simply boots to option for safe mode or start windows normally. The perfromance monitor simply shows system not shut down properly,
Have removed u-torrent, and peripherals except broadband connection (BTHomeHub 2) and wireless keyboard and mouse but to no avail.
I use McAfee for security and since most recent upgrade have to manually start windows defender using command prompt (but think that is separate problem?)

BTW by freezing I mean that everything suddenly stops responding and nothing works including any key combos or mouse. Therefore can't access task manager

Any help gratefully received

Hello gecko,

Welcome to the forum.

Firstly if it is new you have the option to return it to the dealer and let them fix this under warranty.

Otherwise type Mem in the start search, select the memory diagnostic tool, accept the UAC prompt select restart now and check for problems. Let the memory check run for long time to see if any faults are found with your RAM.

Check all connections inside your PC are tight and that all components are sitting properly, and that all fans are turning.

Make sure that all drivers are installed and are up to date.

Scan for virus's and spyware

Check that you have the latest BIOS installed Make sure you know what you are doing should you attempt to update it

I hope this helps

Pooch

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/217653-vista-home-premium-64-just-freezes.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Well ive got the 64bit version of Vista Premium and randomly it just freezes the screen and i have to hard reset to get back into it. Error reporting shows something different everytime at the point of error and there just doesn't seem to be any pattern to the freezes, sometimes its minutes, sometimes its hours.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

A:Vista Home Premium Freezes

Proper drivers installed ?
Up-to-date critical updates installed ?
(I see you have 4GB RAM,make sure you install the patch from Microsoft for 4GB systems)
Also if you are overclocking,make sure you have a stable overclock.
Oh and dont use Nvidia's IDE driver (use Microsofts Default drivers).

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/98901-vista-home-premium-freezes.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello I have Windows Home Premium w SP amp current with Windows Updates IE also current w all Windows Updates and if it's any matter Windows Security Essentials up to date as well amp SuperAntiSpyware also up to date Just today well technicly yesterday it's in the a m now for some reason some of my normally visited websites seem to be broken the one works but displays an error code at the top the page when visiting the forums and they both set off - Websites displayed randomly Premium Win7 - just IE9 improperly / broke Home Microsoft Security Essentials which states no action is required and it's auto cleaning the files It repeats this message on the forum a couple times Warning Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by output started at Win7 Home Premium - IE9 - Websites just randomly broke / displayed improperly home jeffjanes X forum conf global php in home jeffjanes X forum admin sources classes output formats html htmlOutput php on line only difference is at the end the remaining ones are on line line line that message is displayed on Megamanx com the other website themmnetwork com just seems slightly broken with displays I havn't visited to many other websites tonight mail bank and some other stuff those seemed to function correctly without any problem or security alerts popping up we happen to have firefox installed on the computer as well both of the sites work fine there So i hate assuming but atm I am assuming this may be an issue with the Internet Explorer Not sure what the issue is since it's been working fine for the past couple months and it only started happening today Any ideas would be awesome Custom Computer Build up and running great only been months though but seems to be solid if it's neccesary I can give any hardware specs needed just let me know what ones

A:Win7 Home Premium - IE9 - Websites just randomly broke / displayed improperly

Have you tried Tools>Internet Options>Advanced>Reset to set IE back to basics?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/win7-home-premium-ie9-websites-just-randomly-broke-displayed-improperly-675005.html
Relevancy 67.08%

All As of late I have been experiencing random freezes and lockups on my PC These problems started when I upgraded my Home Premium install from bit to bit and I have eliminated all common causes for freezes All drivers and system updates are up to date Ran Memtest and have tested the disk all OK reformatted the disk and reinstalled Windows cleaned the innards of the PC in case of temperature issues and - (Home Random Freezes 64 Windows Premium) Bit 7 checked the seating of the internal components I am completely stumped and I have no idea as to what is causing the freezes I would be very grateful if any of you could render assistance Specifications CPU AMD PHENOM II X GHz MB CACHE AM - BLACK EDITION PSU W RAM GB SAMSUNG DDR DUAL-DDR MHz X GB GPU GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX - DVI HDMI VGA - DirectX D Vision Ready HDD GB SERIAL ATA -Gb s HARD DRIVE WITH MB CACHE rpm Motherboard ASUS M A TD USB DUAL DDR SATA GB s USB Sound VIADeck Integrated Networking Realtek Windows 7 64 Bit (Home Premium) - Random Freezes Ethernet I have also attached the zipped reports from the diagnostic tool and various screenshots of Speedfan and CPU-Z readouts Thank you

A:Windows 7 64 Bit (Home Premium) - Random Freezes

Hello Riptr. Welcome to the forum.

Very often freezing/lockups are caused by either bad drivers or malfunctioning hardware. Tracking down which it is, and what hardware is affected takes a little detective work.

You can start by reviewing your Event Viewer. Look for Critical or Error items that address hardware.
Event Viewer - Open and Use in Windows 7

You can also try disabling hardware in Device Manager to see if this stops the freezes. Then you will know the offending hardware.

I had something similar happen to me when I first started using Windows 7. I built a new box in February 2009 but ran XP 32 bit on it without any problems until W7 came out in October. When I installed 64 bit W7 I started getting crashing/freezing problems. Long story short, it turned out to be a defective video card. The card worked just fine in XP using the 32 bit driver, but the defect came to the fore when running the 64 bit driver. Replacing the card (RMA) solved the problem.

But first you need to try and isolate which component is the cause of the freezing. Let's see what you can find.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/306526-windows-7-64-bit-home-premium-random-freezes.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hoping someone out after Home freezes Vista startup x64 Premium there can help me I am currently Vista Home Premium x64 freezes after startup running Vista Home Premium x on a GB GHz Intel Core Duo Dell XPS m laptop I turned on my computer this morning and found that after starting up everything looks fine until I try to do anything like open My Computer or Mozilla At this point if I do anything the entire computer freezes and Ctrl-Alt-Del won't even work When I boot the computer up in Safe Mode with Networking the computer doesn't freeze and it is from here that I am typing my plea for help I have already scanned for malware and viruses have found none I have not installed any new programs recently and I have already tried a system restore to a time when this problem was nonexistent I have also disabled my usual startup programs to no avail I am hoping for a solution which won't call for reinstalling of the OS because I am on vacation and won't be able to get access to my Vista Installation DVD until the end of August So any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance SKLow

A:Vista Home Premium x64 freezes after startup

I believe that model comes from Dell with a recovery partition.
If you haven't deleted the recovery partition you can reinstall
from it.

Ardneh

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/239525-vista-home-premium-x64-freezes-after-startup.html
Relevancy 67.08%

my computer will start then while loading if it will hard freeze if i press any icons it will hard freeze and i have to press the reset button for some reason this makes everything run fine till i Vista Home startup freezes Premium x64 after shut down then it starts all Vista Home Premium x64 freezes after startup over again so for clarity its every other boot i was running fine till i had to reinstall windows the fresh install ran fine then i reinstalled all of the windows vista updates and this problem started didn't even get the drivers installed yet it seems like i remember at june or july of last year there was a security update introduced that if installed on my hardware would cause erroneous freezes and i am assuming that i have reinstalled it but i can not remember what update it was has anyone else heard of this btw this is a contiuation of another post that was left dangling here it is if anyone wants to take a look Vista Home Premium x freezes after startup

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/281710-vista-home-premium-x64-freezes-after-startup.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi I have had a Sony Vaio FW D Core P GB Radeon HD It was connected to my LCD TV as a part of my entertainment center Everythingworked perfectly until I left a video on MPC player on pause overnight Next day windows froze and was unable to startup startup repair ran but was unable to fix anything Since then I had reinstalled windows factoryreset multiple time ran all Vaio updates uninstalled the Ati driver andcleaned registry hard drive diagnostic but the problem keeps coming back Thelaptop even freezes on a clean boot but works without a hitch on safe mode Same occurrenceevery time the laptop will work fine for the first few days first freeze and Iwould have to do a hard reboot Windows checks disk for consistency and itwould freeze minutes into after x32 startup Premium Vista Home freezes startup after that the cursor is the only thing thatworks Sorry for Vista Home Premium x32 freezes after startup the story like post but I m not very technical and didn t want to leave out anything important Any help is much appreciated

A:Vista Home Premium x32 freezes after startup

Welcome
Although, I am sure that you are giving an account description of what has happened the facts contradict themselves.
If there are problems after a fresh install, it means hardware problems.
If there are no problems in safe mode that usually means a driver.
Lets try to see what has happened.
Think, did you reinstall and then the problem began after you installed some other software?

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/295435-vista-home-premium-x32-freezes-after-startup.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi folks very new to the forums here but looking for a little assistance I work as a computer technician in a little shop in my hometown here and trying to help one of my customers with a problem that he describes as consistent freezing stuttering while playing games First off here s a list of specs on the notebook he s running Asus G GX-RX Intel Core Duo P GHz GB DDR - RAM nVidia GeForce GTX M GB w CUDA Atheros AR X Wireless AGN Adapter Windows Home Premium -Bit That should cover the important bits The customer described that he usually gets freezing while playing Starcraft II and Torchlight usually within a few minutes So far in my hands I ve yet to make it freeze or produce any sort of noticeable quot stuttering quot I ve ran through a couple of different stress tests to throw the kitchen sink at it as it were I ve used the Prime Stress Tests Bart s HDD Test x CPU freezes on Premium Intermittent Windows 7 Home 64-bit Threads High Res D Video with Intermittent freezes on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit MS Security Essentials running a full scan in the background and running the Final Fantasy XIV Benchmark at it using about or modifications to the nVidia Control Panel video settings and none of it has been able to produce any sort of serious issue s as of yet Havign also taken a bit of free time to play SCII and Intermittent freezes on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Torchlight on his computer as well I m still unable to reproduce Intermittent freezes on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit freezing stuttering Looking through the windows logs however I did come across one error having to do with rebooting during a bug check I tried doing a little bit of research on it but not having much luck in coming up with a more difinitive answer on the situation The information in the logs appears as follows quot The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x x xfffffa e xffeffa e xfffffa e A dump was saved in C Windows memory dmp quot Not entirely sure on how to open up that particular file and not sure if I m able to post it here as the dump file is a hair over MB in size But as it stands I m still unable to reproduce the issue yet over a hour period of testing and letting stress tests and D apps running overnight Any insight or help on this wouuld indeed be greatly appreciated nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intermittent-freezes-on-windows-7-home-premium-64-bit.152397/
Relevancy 67.08%

On jan Windows Premium Home Freezes 7 Sudden Mon After a Windows 7 Home Premium Sudden Freezes you know 'pirated' fallout was installed before that day everything was fine But when my brothers wanted to play the laptop suddenly freezes before he choose a wep We tried everything from moving mouse pressing random buttons shift-tab Ctrl-Alt-Delete nothing We off the laptop directly by holding on the on off button for at least sec and above After booting it back everything loads fine the safe mode thing and run Windows blah blah blah its crashes by freezing during the load up And I managed to system recover and samething happened after it was done Instead of on-ing instantly we left the laptop for a while and turn on everything went ok until after Windows 7 Home Premium Sudden Freezes i logged in half way i thought that the 'pirated' game was causing it I uninstall it but left on the laptop utorent untouched Then I tried play some other Windows 7 Home Premium Sudden Freezes games like GMod from steam NOT 'PIRATED' everything went fine untill it crashed again halfway playing L D I need help on this prob ASAP Sign CodeLyokoForever XD the family

A:Windows 7 Home Premium Sudden Freezes

After that, I thought it was the Battery was the caused, I removed the Laptop battery (needs to be replaced since it was overcharged by my stupid forgetful Brothers), I played the Laptop while charging, so I thought that finally the prob is solved and installed 'pirated' fallout out again, half way... IT CRASHED AGAIN! FREEZING EVERYTHING UP LIKE "The creator of Windows 7 hates you!" ARG

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/139370-windows-7-home-premium-sudden-freezes.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Sometimes I am able to access the menu for Premium Kindle on freezes Home 64 Windows PC but it freezes at some point If sometimes I am able to check for problems in the help menu everything is green and ok Sometimes I can access one bought books but cannot highlight Kindle for PC on Windows Home Premium 64 freezes a text Or change the size of the font I can mark the text but when I try to highlight the pointing hand turns into a hyphen Cannot in any way add a note or use the copy function However I can always use the built dictionary without any problems If I try to access the Library most of the time it freezes and sometimes not The reading process has been very uneasy to follow If I do access one book there is no way to come back to the Library and read another book Checked virus many times and nothing came up This is a very strange behavior Checking the Task manager and in Kindle line says it is running and does not show any problem Everything I know was done like install uninstall erase all traces of prior installation install again as Administrator run the installation or the Kindle program as an Administrator deregister register again download books again and so on following all instructions on Amazon site Kindle System with GB of memory I NVIDIA GeForce GT M with GB of dedicated video memory that passed the stress test GB of free HD Operating System and virus program completely updated Any help would be appreciated Thank you

A:Kindle for PC on Windows Home Premium 64 freezes

You might want to check Event viewer to see what is logged there

To check for freezing/crashing you need to check several things.

Event viewer.

Quote:
Type eventvwr in search and go to the windows log>application tab.
Look for errors. Errors have red in the left hand column.

Look for errors that say app hang, or app crash, or anything related to the problem.
When you find them either take a screenshot of them and upload them to us, or note the event ID and source codes and look them up in google. If you cant find them in google tell us what they are.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/205453-kindle-pc-windows-home-premium-64-freezes.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I have had my computer for months and this has not been an issue until a week ago It is a homebuilt and its been running fine so i dont know what to think of it Ive tried the basics clean boot virus maleware scan 7 Home freezes after bit Windows x64 OEM startup Premium chkdsk r system restore which didnt work the files couldnt be extracted or whatever So this is an issue My specs are Intel i no k GHz ASUS P P LE MoBo NVidia GTS GB corsair RAM TB rpm HDD w power supply Cooler Master H Alot of fans Windows HP SP Windows 7 Home Premium x64 bit OEM freezes after startup OEM AND A PROBLEM Please help me with this and it starts perfectly in safe mode and doesnt freeze and works fine with networking so i can ask this question I have also tried making a new profile and the problem persisted just in case it was a corrupt account Ive tried MEM check no errors and disk clean up and the simple stuff Before i go mad and hand it over to my local computer shop to fix it i want to not spend a buttload of money Thanks in advance The Cereal

A:Windows 7 Home Premium x64 bit OEM freezes after startup

if it is working in safemode, then it could be a software issue. Go into msconfig and turn everything non microsoft off. If you are able to boot to normal mode, turn your items back on in msconfig one at a time til you find the problem.

you could also try doing a system restore to a restore point dated just prior to the problem from safemode.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-home-premium-x64-bit-oem-freezes-after-startup-615628.html
Relevancy 67.08%

i can get to the log on screen and then when i type my password and hit enter i get the welcome sign and the little circle and thats it thats as far as it goes, it just freezes there.

Does anyone have any ideas at all?

by the way my computer is a toshiba satellite A300

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-home-premium-freezes-on-startup-please-help-272665.html
Relevancy 67.08%

a lot. Only hard reboot stops it. Have 2GB RAM, system shows at startup with nothing running 51% Memory. Anyone else had this happen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-dv9535nr-vista-home-premium-freezes.635348/
Relevancy 67.08%

It started happening this Sunday (yesterday) that my laptop would freeze all of a sudden. I turned it on again and this time I didn't connect it to the internet. It seems to work fine as long as I'm not on the internet. When I'm on the internet, it takes about 15-45 secs to finally freeze up.

I scanned the laptop with 3 different programs.Microsoft Security Essentials
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
SUPERAnti-Spyware
None of these programs seemed to have detected anything. I decided to come here for help instead now. I don't know what can be causing the problem.

A:My Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit Laptop Freezes.

When you say "on the Internet" I'm assuming you mean you've opened up your browser? Or the actual connection to the network? If it's you opening a browser, which browser are you using?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/67727-my-windows-7-home-premium-32-bit-laptop-freezes.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hope someone out there can help me solve this problem I am currently running on a GB Ram GHz Intel Core Duo Dell XPS m I turned on my computer today and after starting up everything looks fine until I try to do anything on the desktop If I try to open say for example My Computer or Mozilla the entire computer freezes and I have to turn the computer off When I restart in Safe Mode things seem to be working fine I have not installed any new programs recently and I have already scanned for viruses malware while Premium Home freezes after startup x64 Vista in Safe Vista Home Premium x64 freezes after startup mode and have come up empty I have already done system restore to my system that was working fine two days ago and it has not solved anything I am Vista Home Premium x64 freezes after startup hoping that it will not have to come to reinstalling the OS because I am on vacation and won't be able to get Vista Home Premium x64 freezes after startup my hands on the Vista DVD until the end of august

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/239524-vista-home-premium-x64-freezes-after-startup.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi there,

I just built a new system, its a 2.6 quad core with 4 gigs of ram and 2 diamond raidon hd 4850's running crossfire.

Its still a relativly clean install and when I play videos or play my video games the screen stops, the sound keeps stuttering, and I lose control of my mouse and keyboard. I then have to hard reboot my sytem to bring it back up. I am at a loss, I cant seem to track down the cause. I would Appreciate your input.

Thanks,

Obtenpander

A:Vista Home premium Freezes and the sound stutters.

Maybe try this?

Virtual Dave :: Windows/Vista/Sound is delayed

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/179428-vista-home-premium-freezes-sound-stutters.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi everyone -Have been using Windows and -bit Enterprise and have encountered no random freeze problems - Now using Windows Home Prem -bit - reloaded this os twice second time started having random freezes Preceding events - changed GPU card Geforce M x - changed motherboard x -changed encountering Home 64-bit, 7 Windows Premium freezes random internal hard disk - tried downloading hotfix see below but encountered error message This update is Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, encountering random freezes not applicable to your computer My Windows version SP build Compatible OS -Having video hardware error -from - -comes once-thrice every weeks -now video hardware error is not really a concurrent problem Difference between a freeze hang and crash crash known as APPCRASH Hang known as hungapp or apphang freeze is unresponsiveness where by for e g when u r typing the screen just stops in mid air no pressing keys mouse CTRL-ALT-DEL restart task manager only to force power off by turning off power or pressing power button manually Reason for having freeze problems more so for bit windows Microsoft has released a hotfix significant problem A computer that is running Windows Server R or Windows stops responding randomly Reason heavy GPOs group policy use and SCOM and a situation of nonresponsiveness between the Lsass exe Local Security Authority Subsystem Service Rdbss exe Redirected Drive Buffering Subsystem and Winsock kernel causing hangs and unresponsiveness Check this out PC World Fix a Windows System That Randomly Freezes PCWorld seven forums http www sevenforums com crashes-d -randomly html microsoft forum Random freezes with windows - bit - Microsoft Answers Microsoft KB article A computer that is running Windows Server R or Windows stops responding randomly TRY THIS REASON is to delay the signals from the keyboard significantly longer than the mouse and other USB devices to prevent any race conditions SOLUTION attach an extra USB hub to the keyboard cable to increase the electrical delay How Get a cheap USB Hub RESOLUTION Paul a person who has tried this method says he hasn't had one lockup since implementing this solution From Fix a Windows System That Randomly Freezes Part PCWorld I have attached many png files They are system snapshots Hope that that will provide more than enough info to diagnose the problem I know there are many files but it is not exhaustive

A:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, encountering random freezes

Establish a clean boot and test HD and RAM as well as other steps from these Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7.

I'd also post up the bluescreen bugcheck to our Crashes forum for expert analysis: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions - Windows 7 Forums

Did you run for awhile with drivers given by the installer and quickly updated via optional Windows Updates, after enabling Automatically get recommended drivers and updates for your hardware?

Or did you immediately change out drivers Win7 wanted with the factory chipset and other drivers? This can be a problem.

If the troubleshooting doesn't solve it then I'd consider a baseline perfect Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 - the steps are the same for retail.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/232410-windows-7-home-premium-64-bit-encountering-random-freezes.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I've got a weird thing going here I had an Acer AX bit Vista Home Premium attached to my tv and a dual bay ext hd dock for a year with no problem Starting Freezes no BSOD - Vista Premium event Home with nor on Aug it just started freezing - screen image freezes and mouse keyboard does nothing Nothing new installed I didn't see any updates other than security definitions The only recent changes to environment were a switch from dsl Vista Home Premium - Freezes with no event nor BSOD to cable modem about months ago and plugging in an external hard drive about a week before it started Vista Home Premium - Freezes with no event nor BSOD freezing I've previously attached detached multiple devices over the year It started freezing while I was watching avi files in VLC But then that's what I normally do on this machine Tried a Vista Home Premium - Freezes with no event nor BSOD different player MPC-HC and still freezing The screen just freezes and audio plays the last sec in a loop So I tried without watching videos just let the machine sit idle and it would also freeze The freezes became more frequent as days went by I checked event logs and there were no warning error entries around the freeze time I checked device manager and there were no warnings I tried system restore to earlier points with no luck I detached the dual bay dock I tried to install stand alone debug but the machine wouldn't allow it and I can't remember why now So I tried a factory restore from the restore partition Machine freezes during installation I figure hardware but can't test No biggie I have a spare machine Here's where it gets weird I put an Acer Revo with a fresh install of Vista Home Premium in the same location plugged into a different power outlet Install so fresh it's not even activated I plug in only the bluetooth keyboard hdmi and ethernet to router I installed VLC and MPC-HC and started watching videos It starts doing the same thing freezing I switch the keyboard to a different bluetooth keyboard and still freeze I go back to st bluetooth keyboard and install the driver for this keyboard from disc thinking maybe the default driver is no good anymore Still freezing I put in usb keyboard and mouse and it freezes but less frequently Again on this machine no warning error events around the freeze time I installed stand alone debug but don't know of anything to debug I ran memory test and it came back clean So I was thinking that maybe it's a power issue However the Revo is plugged into a different outlet I've been watching the process service threads in Process Explorer While I see thread rack up memory and not release I kill Windows Update which is in that group and the resources come down I saw resources on my frozen screen from the last freeze and there was nothing out of the ordinary that I can see I'm totally out of ideas And I have no minidumps or event logs to go by Any suggestions I'm a little nervous to put another machine with different OS in this location I did put a linux Acer Revo in this location but didn't leave it long enough to really test I know this was a long post Hoping it makes sense and someone can help me make sense of all this

A:Vista Home Premium - Freezes with no event nor BSOD

So nothing?  Did I not include enough information?  This is still happening and I can't find any pattern to the freeze.  Would appreciate any ideas.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/546928/vista-home-premium-freezes-with-no-event-nor-bsod/
Relevancy 66.65%

I m Frequent Recent Home Vista x64 Premium Freezes running Windows Vista Home Premium x SP on a two year old Dell XPS with Raid and gb RAM This is my business computer so Vista Home Premium x64 Recent Frequent Freezes I run or install very little on this machine I ve had to hard reboot my computer on and now today Prior to this my system has been very reliable I installed nothing new on my computer around and before except for a Windows update on I performed another Windows update on Here s what happens this is not your typical Windows freeze It ll be working just fine when suddenly one window will be quot Not Responding quot At this point I can still move different windows around and minimize Then one by one they all are quot Not Responding quot I can minimize the windows but not close them There doesn t appear to be any internet access at this point although other computers on the network are accessing the internet I ve waited minutes to see if something will time out but it never recovers I can t access anything via the task bar including the start button just an hour glass The mouse and keyboard continue to work caps and num lock but there is no CPU from SysInternal s process explorer but this may be dead at this point and no disk activity completely quiet where I can normally hear faint disk access Ctrl-Alt-Del doesn t do anything Sometimes early in this freeze I can gracefully shutdown some apps while others are unresponsive After a while though everything is unresponsive I could have sworn this was a Firefox memory leak problem and did not use ff at all today Evidently that was not the problem I used Chrome instead great browser btw I m assuming this is a hardware failure based on the increased frequency but how do I diagnose this The eventlog doesn t show anything and the Reliability monitor just shows the disruptive shutdowns with no mention of a hardware failure I ve done the auto search for new drivers but everything appears to be up to date Please let me know if this situation sounds familiar or if you have any ideas how to troubleshoot Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

Greetings everybody! I am going to build a new computer when i get home, and one of the things I would like to do is dual boot Windows XP Home Edition and Vista Home Premium. i will be installing the OSs on a new 320 GB SATA. I will install XP first, then Vista. My questions are these: What program should I use to partition my hard drive? (i've heard of some but i want to hear what you guys think) Should I initially make a partition for XP- or make partitions for both? Basically- what's the best and most stable way of going about it? Thanks :)

A:Dual boot XP Home & Vista Home Premium

well, you can always just partition the drive using the XP setup, when you're doing the install. That's usually how I do it. But if you want a dedicated partitioning tool, I've always been a fan of partition magic.

I would go ahead and create both partitions at once - that way you only have to do it one time.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dual-boot-xp-home-and-vista-home-premium-180273.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello Aside from my introduction this is my first post I have a Dell Inspiron E running Windows Vista home premium home temporarily sometimes freezes runs premium Vista slow, SP -bit that has been running slow intermittently sometimes it's fine sometimes the windows load slowly programs like Word take a long time to start and are a drag to operate even while composing this message my text will freeze and I have to wait for what I've typed to show up on the screen and finally at times my whole computer freezes even the mouse Vista home premium sometimes runs slow, temporarily freezes pointer then after a while it will unfreeze Also more than once while trying to watch a video online it will freeze and play a loud repetitive noise from whatever part it was on when it froze and I end up manually shutting it off or even unplugging the laptop Now I noticed while searching for my system information that I'm only running on GB of RAM but I also think there is something wrong with my computer like Malware although I realize I could be overreacting I have gone on Microsoft's website to see how I could make Vista run faster and consequently uninstalled all programs that I did not recognize or use anymore except for the ones that came with the Computer and seemed important I regularly defrag and use the disk cleanup I have my IE set to clear my history after every browsing session and I have unticked many of the animations for Vista i e aero transparent windows animations while opening closing windows and finally I've gone into msconfig and stopped all start-up programs besides the ones from microsoft But it continues to run slow Needless to say it's frustrating not to be able to use my computer to read edit files browse the internet and stream videos without wondering if it's going to function properly Any help would be appreciated Thank you

A:Vista home premium sometimes runs slow, temporarily freezes

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/497182/vista-home-premium-sometimes-runs-slow-temporarily-freezes/
Relevancy 65.79%

When I start my computer normally I can log on just fine with my password and be at my desktop, but after a few minutes, my computer freezes up even if I am not running any applications. I have already disabled all startup programs and unnecessary services and it did not help my issue. I tried system restore a few times and that did not work, and then all restore points happened to be cleared. Using the search from start menu on my computer and going to the control panel also freeze my computer up even in safe mode.I made a topic in the Malware removal forum and it was found that my issue was not malware related. I was redirected here and I hope that with the help of some of you I can get my issue resolved.

A:Windows Vista Home Premium freezes up shortly after logging on

Hello tierra,While I'm not a hardware expert, I can start by helping you run some basic hardware diagnostics on your system. I have read your Malware post.I have few questions before we start:1.) What is the make and model number of your computer?2.) When did the freezing start (days ago, weeks ago, months ago) and did it follow any memorable event (new hardware, software, malware, error messages)?3.) Are you still running in "selective startup" and booting to your normal desktop?4.) Do you have a backup of all important files/documents on this computer? If no, then I would start by backing up.To help us get a better look at your computer hardware, please follow the instructions below to "Publish a Snapshot" of your system using Speccy. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 I realize that this may be difficult for you to accomplish as your computer freezes after a few minutes.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/445196/windows-vista-home-premium-freezes-up-shortly-after-logging-on/
Relevancy 65.79%

I scanned every part of the computer and nothing came up.

That includes rootkit, malware, and virus scans.

I did a sfc/scannow

and the result was this:
"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them."

How do I repair corrupted files and missing drivers?

I can't afford to back up or reinstall, format or anything of that sort.

I have too many GBs (around 200 gb give or take) to back them up.

Also have a problem opening up some malware programs not sure if that's the safemode or something else.

Relevancy 64.93%

My machine ran like a peach for a year or so but in the past months i have been dealing with an ordeal of near random lockups Now to help troubleshoot 64 premium freezes account. home bit. random Seemingly win7 Detailed The first thing i would say is as a general rule this issue has not created crash dumps I know the attached file has but at the very least the earlier one was a a direct result of me causing a crash to force a crash dump in a situation where i knew a crash dump would be created There have been literally dozens and dozens and dozens of crashes or more accurately lockups Screen goes black machine remains on requires forced reboot And now to the tale These crashes started happening intermittently not long after i upgraded from adobe photoshop cs to cc So at first i naturally blamed it on cc or driver issues with cc which would grey screen lock up Then i started getting Seemingly random freezes win7 home premium 64 bit. Detailed account. blackscreen lockups doing random things like checking internet From there i began troubleshooting Things that i have done to attempt to find the issue Disable gpu use in photoshop Complete cleanout of video drivers in safe mode and Seemingly random freezes win7 home premium 64 bit. Detailed account. install of Seemingly random freezes win7 home premium 64 bit. Detailed account. various different drivers Lockups kept happening Running ati video driver without ccc Lockups kept happening Change from chrome to ie to firefox Lockups kept happening Change antivirus software from MSE to avast Lockups kept happening I press the nuclear button Clean install of windows updated to current then absolute bare minimum of programs required to work Photoshop cc avast adobe creative cloud Chrome nothing else Fine for - days then lockups return I remember that when i installed cc for the first time i did a bunch of windows updates I systematically roll back months to a years worth of updates Lockups keep happening Install every diagnostic and stress testing tool i can find Intel processor diagnostic tool PASSED Run D mark pass three times fail th the second the program starts the mobile iphone quality test via blackscreen lockup Run video memory stress test hours no errors found Rum windows memory diagnostic for regular passes no errors found Run crystaldiskinfo primary listed as good secondary listed as caution over reallocate sectors I read up on effect of aging on psu capacitors how it can cause a slow creep of lockups bsods Now comes the most interesting part I place the machine into essentially low power mode I use ccc to underclock the gpu to the minimum speed to try to draw less power i set win from performance power plan into the power save power plan I physically remove bluray drive days later and being able to use photoshop that whole time with no lockups which used to come at least once a day i put my bet down My best guess at this point from reading was that my psu was no longer able to provide sufficient power to my system The psu was - years old and during the wave of crashes at one point i noticed that every so often the fan would not spin up The psu was high quality though or rather i paid a lot for it XD a modular odin Now comes the most interesting part My brand new psu arrives I install i spool the gpu back up to default I reinstall bluray drive nothing is overclocked on my machine ever I go just over a day before blackscreen lock up Imagine my proverbial feels Begin running driver verifier Begins monitoring everything temperature wise with speedfan All temps normal Remove bluray drive Still get lockups Run windows memory checker for hours No errors Run video memory stress test all evening overnight extended Passes errors Run Furmark for mins no lock up during test Run Seatools for windows Primary drive fails short drive stress test Run crystal disk drive listed as good Run diskcheckup primary drive fails short drive stress test Both failures mention a host hardware or software re... Read more

A:Seemingly random freezes win7 home premium 64 bit. Detailed account.

You say that the two crashes were most likely related to you forcing a crash, but I'm not seeing that here. Both these crashes were triggered by WHEA errors reported by your CPU, saying there's an internal CPU timer error. This can be caused by a number of things, but usually it relates to anything that can trigger the CPU to have an imbalanced timer, such as power failure, heat, overclocking, or just a bad CPU. I've even seen motherboard software do this due to their notorious habit for harboring bugs of this sort, but it is not the most common occurrence. Most likely some hardware failure is the issue here, especially given that Windows reinstalls aren't helping. Oh, any one last thing: BIOS bugs can also manifest as this, so make sure your BIOS is updated too. The date I see on it is 3/6/2012.

The power options on Windows don't really affect the GPU but rather the CPU, the hard drive, and a couple other items. The only GPU-related power saving it does that I'm aware of is the PCI-E LSPM (Link State Power Management). However, while I have had the rare case where a GPU was faulting because of it, LSPM is more likely to be enabled for lower power settings than high, so it does not fit your scenario.

Personally, I smell a bad CPU. The GPU can be suspect I reckon, but I don't see how it can translate with a internal timer fault for the CPU. Unless there's some timing thing going on directly between the GPU and CPU that I'm not aware of, I cannot personally see the relation.

Btw, do you have onboard video? Have you perhaps tried to remove the graphics card and test onboard video stability?

Analysts:

Code:
3: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: fffffa800e907028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000fe000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000800400, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

3: kd> !errrec fffffa800e907028
===============================================================================
Common Platform Error Record @ fffffa800e907028
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Record Id : 01ce8e9bb27d0582
Severity : Fatal (1)
Length : 928
Creator : Microsoft
Notify Type : Machine Check Exception
Timestamp : 8/1/2013 11:45:37 (UTC)
Flags : 0x00000000

Section 0 : Processor Generic
Descriptor @ fffffa800e9070a8
Section @ fffffa800e907180
Offset : 344
Length : 192
Flags : 0x00000001 Primary
Severity : Fatal

Proc. Type : x86/x64
Instr. Set : x64
Error Type : Micro-Architectural Error
Flags : 0x00
CPU Version : 0x00000000000306a9
Processor ID : 0x0000000000000006

Section 1 : x86/x64 Processor Specific
Descriptor @ fffffa800e9070f0
Section @ fffffa800e907240
Offset : 536
Length : 128
Flags : 0x00000000
Severity : Fatal

Local APIC Id : 0x0000000000000006
CPU Id : a9 06 03 00 00 08 10 06 -... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/301804-seemingly-random-freezes-win7-home-premium-64-bit-detailed-account.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi My computer freezes randomly - times a day The only event I could connect with freezing is a fast mouse movement but sometimes it freezes with no activity from my side at all The computer is frozen and do not answer on Ctrl-Alt-Del n o mater how long I am waiting The only way is to press on-off button and restart the system No BSOD at all Graphic card is new changed by the ACER service I run Memtest - passed no errors Memory GB I am occasionally running LINUX from CD or USB and the Freezes home premium M5300 64 7 ACER bit Computer Aspire windows computer Computer Freezes ACER Aspire M5300 windows 7 home premium 64 bit newer freezes in LINUX only in Windows I am running Computer Freezes ACER Aspire M5300 windows 7 home premium 64 bit different LINUX flavours mostly UBUNTU Talked several times with Acre support in UK despite the fact that I am in Sweden and reinstalled the system several times to the factory state Antivirus up to date AVG Free and AdAware No signs of infection I have run the system diagnosis tool from control panel and there are only errors in test report The device PS Keyboard is reporting tv Computer Freezes ACER Aspire M5300 windows 7 home premium 64 bit ConfigMgrErr Plug and Play-ID ACPI PNP - E C F- Microsoft PS Mouse reporting tv ConfigMgrErr Plug and Play-ID ACPI PNP F - E C F- I have USB mouse and keyboard attached to the computer now but at the beginning used PS units via a mouse keyboard monitor switch I installed again PS mouse keyboard and uninstalled according to runes but the same errors are again in the report I am running mostly MS software on the computer except the e-mail program which is Mozilla Thunderbird in Windows XP SP mode All drivers are up to date The audio driver network card driver and video card driver are downloaded from the producers Is there any idea what to do Thanks and regards

A:Computer Freezes ACER Aspire M5300 windows 7 home premium 64 bit

hi i can say go to acer website download the latest bios an flash your machine. its not the software as i have the same machine and running the software on my other machine with no problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/142483-computer-freezes-acer-aspire-m5300-windows-7-home-premium-64-bit.html
Relevancy 64.93%

My Windows 7 has stopped booting after a restart, the system would just endlessly play the boot animation and not boot properly... system restore won't work, startup repair won't work, chdsk and sfc won't work. I have yet to try and see whether a Registry fix works. Windows loads the WRE VERY slowly. Can you guys please help me? I have no backups and my parents desktop is VERY unstable.

A:Windows 7 Home premium 64bit won't boot, just plays boot animation

BUMP I really need help with this...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/241998-windows-7-home-premium-64bit-wont-boot-just-plays-boot-animation.html
Relevancy 63.64%

This is my first post Windows randomly Home freezes or Xp restarts automatically. here so im sorry if I missed anything out or posted in the wrong section Lately I had a bad malware infection or virus and used my antivirus to clean it out this deleted boot file and the sort But I fixed booting up with the windows CD The computer has gradually been getting Windows Xp Home randomly freezes or restarts automatically. worse by freezing and restarting frequently I have also had teh blue screen about times Hijack this logLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning Windows Xp Home randomly freezes or restarts automatically. processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security ekrn exeC WINDOWS system tcpsvcs exeC WINDOWS System snmp exeC Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXEC WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcAppFlt exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcIp exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exeC Program Files TortoiseSVN bin TSVNCache exeC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software LgDevAgt exeC Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software LCD Manager LCDMon exeC Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software G-series Software LGDCore exeC Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security egui exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software Applets LCDMedia exeC Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software Applets LCDClock exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC Program Files RocketDock RocketDock exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files UltraMon UltraMon exeC Documents and Settings LilDeamon Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exeC Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Internet Download Manager IDMan exeC WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http drift ijji com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http g msn co uk SEENGB SAOS FORM TOOLBRR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http localhost R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local lt local gt O - BHO IDM Helper - c - - b-a bf- b c a a - C Program Files Internet Download Manager IDMIECC dllO - BHO AskBar BHO - f d - - d - c -aa e ed - C Program Files AskBarDis bar bin askBar dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - no file O - BHO Click-to-Call BHO - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - C Program Files Windows Live Messenger wlchtc dllO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dllO - BHO IconixBHOClass Class - b -f - e - f b- d e a - C Program Files Iconix IEAddOn IconixBHO dllO - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live ... Read more

A:Windows Xp Home randomly freezes or restarts automatically.

DDS.txt:DDS (Ver_09-07-30.01) - NTFSx86 Run by LilDeamon at 16:01:06.95 on 08/08/2009Internet Explorer: 8.0.6001.18702 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_11Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600.3.1252.44.1033.18.2047.1398 [GMT 1:00]AV: ESET Smart Security 4.0 *On-access scanning enabled* (Updated) {E5E70D32-0101-4F12-8FB0-D96ACA4F34C0}FW: ESET Personal firewall *enabled* {E5E70D32-0101-4340-86A3-A7B0F1C8FFE0}============== Running Processes ===============C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcssvchost.exesvchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exesvchost.exeC:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\ekrn.exeC:\Program Files\Microsoft\Search Enhancement Pack\SeaPort\SeaPort.exeC:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\tcpsvcs.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\snmp.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvcC:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSVC.EXEC:\WINDOWS\system32\SearchIndexer.exeC:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin32\nSvcAppFlt.exeC:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin32\nSvcIp.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSvcM.exeC:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXEC:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin\TSVNCache.exeC:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXEC:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exeC:\Program Files\Logitech\GamePanel Software\LgDevAgt.exeC:\Program Files\Logitech\GamePanel Software\LCD Manager\LCDMon.exeC:\Program Files\Logitech\GamePanel Software\G-series Software\LGDCore.exeC:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\egui.exeC:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exeC:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exeC:\Program Files\Logitech\GamePanel Software\Applets\LCDMedia.exeC:\Program Files\RocketDock\RocketDock.exeC:\Program Files\Logitech\GamePanel Software\Applets\LCDClock.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exeC:\Program Files\Logitech\MouseWare\system\em_exec.exeC:\Program Files\UltraMon\UltraMon.exeC:\Documents and Settings\LilDeamon\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Update\1.2.183.7\GoogleCrashHandler.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exeC:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exeC:\Documents and Settings\LilDeamon\Desktop\dds.scr============== Pseudo HJT Report ===============uStart Page = hxxp://drift.ijji.com/uInternet Settings,ProxyServer = http=localhost:7171uInternet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local;<local>uSearchURL,(Default) = hxxp://g.msn.co.uk/0SEENGB/SAOS01?FORM=TOOLBRBHO: IDMIEHlprObj Class: {0055c089-8582-441b-a0bf-17b458c2a3a8} - c:\program files\internet download manager\IDMIECC.dllBHO: AskBar BHO: {201f27d4-3704-41d6-89c1-aa35e39143ed} - c:\program files\askbardis\bar\bin\askBar.dllBHO: {3ca2f312-6f6e-4b53-a66e-4e65e497c8c0} - No FileBHO: Click-to-Call BHO: {5c255c8a-e604-49b4-9d64-90988571cecb} - c:\program files\windows live\messenger\wlchtc.dllBHO: Search Helper: {6ebf7485-159f-4bff-a14f-b9e3aac4465b} - c:\program files\microsoft\search enhancement pack\search helper\SEPsearchhelperie.dllBHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper: {72853161-30c5-4d22-b7f9-0bbc1d38a37e} - c:\program files\microsoft office\office12\GrooveShellExtensions.dllBHO: IconixBHOClass Cla... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/247276/windows-xp-home-randomly-freezes-or-restarts-automatically/
Relevancy 63.64%

Ok so here goes. I'm having major problems with my laptop (Dell Inspiron N5030). All was well and good when I was running windows 7 home premium, but then I upgraded to 8 via Microsoft's online ?24.99 upgrade offer. Since then the laptop has crashed several times and I don't have the product key to reinstall and activate despite numerous attempts at contacting Microsoft and every other method of recovering the product key. Now my hard drive has failed and I have to replace it. What I need to know is how do I put windows 7 home premium onto the new hard drive? I have the disc to do this, and the driver disc from my original dell package.

Please keep this as simple as possible as I am not great with computers and can't afford to bring it to the shop to get fixed!

Thanks!

A:How do I install 7 home premium on new hard drive

Also have my original 7 product key sticker on laptop

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/325054-how-do-i-install-7-home-premium-new-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I have tried numerous suggestions to get my computer to boot It just keeps going to Windows Error Recovery screen I have attached files from another website that may help someone to tell me why it 64 bit Premium not Home boot will won't boot after the fixes The person helping me on the other website did not know understand why it would not boot normally after the fixes The info about my computer is at this web address http speccy piriform com results QuErH heS IIVHBanlZexZN The results from Startup Repair diagnosis and repair log that show any errors are Session details System Disk Device Harddisk Windows directory D Windows AutoChk run Number of root causes Root cause found A recent driver installation or upgrade may be preventing the system from starting Repair action System files integrity check and repair Result Failed Error code x Root cause found Boot status indicates that the OS bo - there is nothing else after the bo Home Premium 64 bit will not boot - just the Close button I ran DISKPART gt list volume amp it shows all Home Premium 64 bit will not boot my drives with the status being healthy Windows is on one of the drives amp it shows the drive I used to put my backups on and the CD drive I ran chkdsk and there are no problems The message at the bottom was Failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status I also got this message at one point when trying to get it to boot Problem Signature amp Problem Signature unknownProblem Signature Problem Signature AutoFailoverProblem Signature Problem Signature BadDriverOS Version Locale ID I think it not booting from the correct drive or that is what all I can come up with I hope someone can help me This has been a heck of an ordeal trying to find someone who knows how to correct the problem s - and why it happened Any help will be GREATLY appreciated

A:Home Premium 64 bit will not boot

Hello staggerweed I would like to welcome you to the Malware Removal section of the forum.Around here they call me Gringo and I will be glad to help you with your malware problems.Very Important --> Please read this post completely, I have spent my time to put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier, faster and smoother for both of us!Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the "Follow This Topic" Button, make sure that the "Receive notification" box is checked and that it is set to "Instantly" - This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.Open notepad. Please copy the contents of the code box below. To do this highlight the contents of the box and right click on it. Paste this into the open notepad. Save it on the flash drive as fixlist.txt
HKLM\...\RunOnce: [*Restore] - C:\Windows\system32\rstrui.exe /RUNONCE [296960 2010-11-20] (Microsoft Corporation)
HKLM-x32\...\Runonce: [Del20710677] - cmd.exe /Q /D /c del "C:\Users\Buddy\AppData\Local\Temp\0.del" [x]
HKU\Buddy\...\Run: [SSync] - C:\Users\Buddy\AppData\Roaming\SSync\SSync.exe [36864 2013-04-09] ()
HKU\Buddy\...\Run: [DataMgr] - C:\Users\Buddy\AppData\Roaming\DataMgr\DataMgr.exe [168824 2013-07-28] (HTTO Group, Ltd.)
HKU\Buddy\...\Run: [SCheck] - C:\Users\Buddy\AppData\Roaming\SCheck\SCheck.exe [36864 2013-04-09] ()
HKU\Buddy\...\Run: [Snoozer] - C:\Users\Buddy\AppData\Roaming\Snz\Snz.exe [1226844 2013-10-12] ()
HKU\Buddy\...\Run: [Intermediate] - C:\Users\Buddy\AppData\Roaming\Intermediate\Intermediate.exe [36864 2013-04-09] ()
HKU\Buddy\...\RunOnce: [Del20710677] - cmd.exe /Q /D /c del "C:\Users\Buddy\AppData\Local\Temp\0.del"
NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating systemOn Vista or Windows 7: Now please enter System Recovery Options.Run FRST again like we did before but this time press the Fix button just once and wait.The tool will make a log on the flash drive (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.Also boot the computer into normal mode and let... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/512911/home-premium-64-bit-will-not-boot/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hp says that because my Laptop is 6 years old it is obsolete. They don't have any Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit OEM disks they can send me to work with the product key that came with the computer. Is there anywhere I can go to download and create a disk to get my laptop going again?

A:New Hard Drive Need HP Windows 7 Home Premium OEM Disk

There are no legitimate download sites for Windows products for OEM nowadays - MS pulled the plug on the only ones back in February.
IS your Product Key (on the COA sticker) still legible? if so, you can use a normal Retail disk, if you have a friend who has one.

If the Key is not legible, then you'll have to use the HP recovery media for the reinstall - you may be able to get a set for your machine from : : Welcome to RestoreDisks.com : :

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/371880-new-hard-drive-need-hp-windows-7-home-premium-oem-disk.html
Relevancy 62.78%

My 500 GB HD is now tired. I am trying to shift the Win 7 64 home premium that came with the laptop (Packared bell Easynote NJ65). I need to shift my licensed Win 7 to the new SSD and then I can take the free Win 10 upgrade..my New SSD is 256 GB..So I
cleaned the old HD and made it only 140GB occupied which is smaller than new SSD. I tried cloning software, but it went running more than 24 hours, so I cancelled the operation...What is the problem ? does cloning take such a long time ?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dc1cd0a0-d869-4140-b439-d82307c8f22f/transfer-win7-64-home-premium-to-new-ssd-hard-drive?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 62.78%

Ok so I have a Premium new a hard Windows OEM 7 Home Installing on drive computer that came pre-installed with Windows Home Premium -bit Now I was Installing Windows 7 Home Premium OEM on a new hard drive trying to backup the computer using Acronis True Image but during the beginning of that it gave me a lot of sector errors so I just chose to Installing Windows 7 Home Premium OEM on a new hard drive ignore all of them The backup operation completed after an hour or so Now I was told that I may have to do chkdsk r it will try to fix the bad sectors as well as any errors But I might end up losing all my data I was also directed to an Acer website from the UK with a hard disk checker It also reported bad sectors and gave me the option to repair them I chose no Here's the link http acer--uk custhelp com app answers detail a id Now I am thinking about getting a new TB hard drive my current one is GB and made by WD Now I have an iso file for Win Home Premium which I got from getintopc And I would need to be able to install Windows on the new hard drive But I don't wanna do that because I'm afraid it'll be detected as a new computer and it'll see that I still have an activated Windows on the old hard drive thereform not allowing me to activate Windows on the new hard drive So how do I go about uninstalling Windows on the old hard drive and reinstalling and activating it on the new one Do I need to format the old hard drive Edit Sorry if you see any typos I was on my phone

A:Installing Windows 7 Home Premium OEM on a new hard drive

Quote: Originally Posted by rumpled103

Ok, so I have a computer that came pre-installed with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. Now I was trying to backup the computer using Acronis True Image, but during the beginning of that, it gave me a lot of sector errors, so I just chose to ignore all of them. The backup operation completed after an hour or so. Now, I was told that I may have to do chkdsk /r, it will try to fix the bad sectors as well as any errors. But I might end up losing all my data. I was also directed to an Acer website from the UK with a hard disk checker. It also reported bad sectors and gave me the option to repair them. I chose no. Here's the link: http://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11... Now, I am thinking about getting a new 1 TB hard drive, my current one is 640 GB and made by WD. Now I have an .iso file for Win 7 Home Premium which I got from getintopc. And I would need to be able to install Windows on the new hard drive. But I don't wanna do that because I'm afraid it'll be detected as a new computer and it'll see that I still have an activated Windows on the old hard drive, thereform not allowing me to activate Windows on the new hard drive. So how do I go about uninstalling Windows on the old hard drive and reinstalling and activating it on the new one? Do I need to format the old hard drive?

Edit: Sorry if you see any typos, I was on my phone.

Hi,

Good to get a new hard disk than the old because the Old hard disk having sector errors

Format C:\ in the old hard disk

Here is a link which haves 5 Ways for formatting C:\

How To Format C From Recovery Console

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/400014-installing-windows-7-home-premium-oem-new-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Ok so I have a computer that came pre-installed with Windows Home Premium -bit Now drive new Home a on hard Installing Windows 7 Premium OEM I was trying to backup the computer using Acronis True Image but during the beginning of that it gave me a lot of sector errors so I just chose to ignore all of them The backup operation completed Installing Windows 7 Home Premium OEM on a new hard drive after an hour or so Now I was told that I may have to do chkdsk r it will try to fix the bad sectors as well as any errors But I might end Installing Windows 7 Home Premium OEM on a new hard drive up losing all my data I was also directed to an Acer website from the UK Installing Windows 7 Home Premium OEM on a new hard drive with a hard disk checker It also reported bad sectors and gave me the option to repair them I chose no Here's the link http acer--uk custhelp com app answers detail a id Now I am thinking about getting a new TB hard drive my current one is GB and made by WD Now I have an iso file for Win Home Premium which I got from getintopc And I would need to be able to install Windows on the new hard drive But I don't wanna do that because I'm afraid it'll be detected as a new computer and it'll see that I still have an activated Windows on the old hard drive thereform not allowing me to activate Windows on the new hard drive So how do I go about uninstalling Windows on the old hard drive and reinstalling and activating it on the new one Do I need to format the old hard drive Edit Sorry if you see any typos I was on my phone

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/624761/installing-windows-7-home-premium-oem-on-a-new-hard-drive/
Relevancy 62.78%

i am looking to buy a external hard drive i am looking at the my book home edition 1 TB (can get it at cosco for $135.00) for my vista gateway machine does anyone have experience with this? or can recommend something.

A:external hard drive for vista home premium

If you stay with name brands, Western Digital, Samsung, Maxtor, Hitachi, IBM, Toshiba and few more, it should be fine. Put the full name and model into google with the word 'reviews' and you will get hits for sales, but maybe some user reviews also.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/213166-external-hard-drive-vista-home-premium.html
Relevancy 62.78%

best way to set up hard drive, with os on one partition and swamp and user on another

A:hard drive question vista home premium

There are different ways to set up a drive depending size, the one or more OSs being run, the amount of files as well as types of programs being used, and of course the user preferences. Those all have to be weighed in.

Intially Vista was on one single primary until later deciding to shrink that to see a second backup partition created in the event Windows was reinstalled. The user/admin account's data is by default seen on the OS primary while the paging file and system restore points can be assigned to a second partition or even a separate hard drive installed.

That tends to keep more drive space available for the main OS as well as less volume improving performance to some degree. Scheduled system backup would go on either the second partition or drive in case Windows sees an "ut ooooo" for some reason. Your personal data and settings are safe guarded there.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/212408-hard-drive-question-vista-home-premium.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I'm running Vista 32 Ultimate with top of the line gaming hardware. Yet, Vista randomly freezes where control.alt.delete won't even work, so I have to hold down the power button to reboot.

There's no specific task that causes it, it has frozen when idle on my desktop, playing games, music, browsing the net... anything. I don't get any error message, it just freezes and never recovers. I've reformatted my drive completely, and it still happens. My gut points to my sound card because of the way my speakers make funny sounds sometimes when it happens.

Here's what I've done so far.

- Run the Windows memory check (no problems)
- Reformat
- Run virus/spyware/malware scans

Please let me know what reports/information needed to pinpoint this issue. I can give the basic hardware to start off.

Vista 32 Ultimate
Asus Striker Extreme
Quad Core OC's to ~ 3.4
3GB RAM
nVidia 8800 Ultra
Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS

Thanks

A:Vista Freezes Hard Randomly

Hi larryjr88. . .

Welcome back to TSF - Vista!

Do you know if the system is freezing due to the CPU &/or RAM being maxed out?

I suggest that you boot-up the system and immediately bring up the Task Manager (right-click on a clear area of the task bar at the bottom of your screen; select Task Manager). Select the 4th tab - "Performance" - then go about your business. As you may know, it is an "on-top" window so you will be able to see it during a freeze.

I know it must be hard to understand how a system with 3GB RAM could freeze with RAM at 100% - but it has happened.

Please let me know of results.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-freezes-hard-randomly-240289.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I'm considering upgrading an old 530s from VISTA Home Premium 32 Bit to Win 7 Home Premium 32 Bit. Will an OEM version work and where can I get a fair deal on Win 7?

A:Dell 530s upgrade from VISTA Home Premium 32 Bit to Win 7 Home Premium 32 Bit

You are best to take the unofficial upgrade path to Windows 10 via the expired 10130 Insider Preview:
http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/windows-xpvista-→-windows-10-free-upgrade/

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19670607
Relevancy 62.78%

I have a Dell Studio 15 with Core i7 740 processor, 4 GB RAM and 500g HDD.

Windows 7 Home Premium Factory Installed

I have installed Linux Mint 10 last month and everything was so fine. I have deleted the Linux Partition by mistake and my default boot was using GRUB.

So i got a GRUB error when i restarted my system and so i loaded my system with a FreeDOS LiveCD and ran "fdisk /mbr" command to fix my Master Boot Record.

GRUB has got removed, But windows 7 is booting up and it is showing error and prompts me to load Windows 7 CD/DVD

I have misplaced my Windows 7 recovery Disk, My BAD.
What are my other options and how to fix this?? Please help.

P.S. I tried hitting F8 to get into advanced options, No Luck:-(

A:Need Help with Windows 7 Home Premium Boot

Creating a Windows repair disc: System Repair Disc - Create

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/167990-need-help-windows-7-home-premium-boot.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I have a Dell Studio 15 with Core i7 740 processor, 4 GB RAM and 500g HDD.

Windows 7 Home Premium Factory Installed

I have installed Linux Mint 10 last month and everything was so fine. I have deleted the Linux Partition by mistake and my default boot was using GRUB.

So i got a GRUB error when i restarted my system and so i loaded my system with a FreeDOS LiveCD and ran "fdisk /mbr" command to fix my Master Boot Record.

GRUB has got removed, But windows 7 is booting up and it is showing error and prompts me to load Windows 7 CD/DVD

I have misplaced my Windows 7 recovery Disk, My BAD.
What are my other options and how to fix this?? Please help.

P.S. I tried hitting F8 to get into advanced options, No Luck:-(

A:Need Help with Windows 7 Home Premium Boot

Not sure but how about making a startup repair disk on another computer and using it to fix the boot up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-windows-7-home-premium-boot.1001161/
Relevancy 62.78%

My Vista installation didn't startup one day after I installed Quicktax it would just show the mobo won't 32 boot Home Premium Vista splash screen the POST info and then would just go black and freeze It had been slowing down for a week or so then quit after I installed Quicktax When I tried Safe Mode it would load Vista Home Premium 32 won't boot half of the files and freeze on the screen showing the initial files loading So I put in Vista Home Premium 32 won't boot my full Vista installation disk and repaired Vista Home Premium 32 won't boot a bunch of times to the point where the PC would show the Vista loading screen the green moving bar then black then black with a movable mouse cursor and it would stop there frozen but the mouse cursor still moved And Safe Mode would load the files then freeze on a black screen I loaded my Vista disk and ran the Command Prompt got to my c and typed in bootrec RebuildBcd The PC asks if I should add quot D Old Data Windows quot to the list and I say yes bootrec FixMbr bootrec FixBoot and tried repairing again with the Vista disk Now the PC is saying BOOTMGR is missing and I try typing in the same commands again and the same BOOTMGR is missing My Vista installation is on C Windows so I don't know what this D Old Data Windows is When I load the Vista disk it now shows that Vista is on D Is it actually on D now Or does that matter I really don't want to format cause I have a ton of programs and I haven't exported any of the settings If I could do that just from plugging in my hard drive to a USB port on my other PC then I would just reformat it but I'll just loose a lot of programs that I need the settings for

A:Vista Home Premium 32 won't boot

Hi welcome to the forum.
You may find these information videos & articles of some interest to your problem,
Hope it helps:-
BOOTMGR Missing - BOOTMGR is Missing Error Message - Couldn't Find BOOTMGR

BOOTMGR is missing - Google Search

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/288785-vista-home-premium-32-wont-boot.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Initially my desktop computer wouldn't turn on Determination was my power supply had crapped out I purchased a new power supply different brand amp more power capabilities installed it and now my computer will not boot Home 7 won't boot Windows Premium up completely It goes through the BIOS and as usual stops at a page offering the option to boot to either Win Vista or Linux which really is not an option because Windows 7 Home Premium won't boot I never completely installed Linux I select the Win Vista option and get a page named Windows Error Recovery Within that page are options Launch Startup Repair recommended and Start Windows normally Start Windows normally results in Windows partially starting then stopping stopping at the point of the Windows color dots beginning to spin then re-booting to the options of Win Vista After selecting option Launch Startup Repair recommended the message after the program has completed running says Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically Upon viewing the problem details on the page I see the following Problem signature Problem Even Name StartupRepairOffline Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature unknown Problem Signature Problem Signature AutoFailover Problem Signature Problem Signature NoBootCause Os Version Local ID If someone could please advise me of a fix for this situation I would be very grateful

A:Windows 7 Home Premium won't boot

Can you boot into Safe Mode?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/331302-windows-7-home-premium-wont-boot.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello and thanks in advance for your help My computer was acting sluggish so I decided to restart it Now it keeps trying to boot from the cd drive and failing with the error disk boot failure insert system will Home boot bit Premium 64 Vista not disk and press enter This problem actually happened for Vista Home Premium 64 bit will not boot the first time a few weeks ago Vista Home Premium 64 bit will not boot during a restart immediately following a large number of Windows updates At that point I pressed F to start in quot last known good configuration quot ran a virus and spyware scan found nothing and did a system restore to an earlier point Now that this problem has returned I can't get the safe mode screen to come up again no matter how delicately or frantically I press F Then I used my vista cd to try to repair windows System restore is unable to locate any Vista installation although it seems to see my two hard drives just fine along with all of the files System recovery found problems with my start up quot bootmng quot option but when I select quot repair and restart quot I get the the error quot Failed to save startup options quot and it still fails to reboot What should I try next I am not very experienced with Vista My apologies if this has been covered elsewhere I tried to use all of the fixes posted here but nothing has worked so far thanks Rebecca

A:Vista Home Premium 64 bit will not boot

The first thing I suggest in these types of situations is a checkdisk. When you press F8, one of the options it should give you is to open a command prompt. You can then type in 'chkdsk c: /r' and press enter. Note if there are any bad sectors.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/270695/vista-home-premium-64-bit-will-not-boot/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi All When I restarted my laptop yesterday it booted into the 'Windows Boot Manager screen which says to choose W7 Premium bit Issue Home Boot 64 an operating system to start or press TAB to select a tool The OS listed are Microsoft Windows amp Windows Home Premium recovered and the Tools listed are Windows Memory Diagnostic If I go for Windows Home Premium recovered it W7 Home Premium 64 bit Boot Issue starts up fine but then if I restart I get the above again If I go for Microsoft Windows or Windows Memory Diagnostic it goes onto another window that says Windows failed to start etc then tells me to insert my installation disk and repair When I boot using the disk it goes into the System Recovery Options and it lists Operating System Partition Size Location Microsoft Windows MB Unknow Lo Windows Home Premium MB C OS Install If I try and repair the first OS it says it cannot do this and to send to Microsoft If I try the second it says it has repaired but then when I restart it I get W7 Home Premium 64 bit Boot Issue the same Windows Boot Manager screen again Can anyone please help with this issue or W7 Home Premium 64 bit Boot Issue advise as to where I might get help please Thanks for reading

A:W7 Home Premium 64 bit Boot Issue

Hello and welcome PJB mate can you boot into safe mode - power up and tap F8 if you can then run these

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html < use the /f and /r options in Option 2 if necessary
The other things that come to mind are if this is after the machine has been running ok something has infected the thing so if you can run these

http://www.superantispyware.com/

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

download from bleeping computer ? delete any rubbish these find.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/351041-w7-home-premium-64-bit-boot-issue.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I just recently built a new system with Vista Home Premium x64. I have two hot swap hard drive trays that I installed with 750 GB sata hard drives. They do not show up in the "safely remove hardware" list but my hard drive containing Vista does. How do I set up the two hot swap trays so that I can swap hard drives while Vista is running?

Thanx.

A:using removeable hard drive trays with Vista Home Premium x64

since the disks are SATA, I don't think there will be a problem or any need to "safely remove" them first, before you can disconnect them or re-connect them.

If the disks are SATA powered (this means if the power cable giving power to the disks is the new SATA slim style, and not the regular 4-pins power cable) you should be able to plug them and unplug them JUST AS YOU WOULD with external USB disks. I've been doing this for years to SATA disks and even without trays. Just plug them on, plug them off.

If you're not sure though, just go to Device Manager, right click your hard disks, select properties, and in Policies tab, select "optimize for quick removal".

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/198622-using-removeable-hard-drive-trays-vista-home-premium-x64.html
Relevancy 62.35%

A friend brought me her Dell Vista Home Premium computer and told me that the old hard drive had failed.  She was afraid to swap out the hard drive and I told her I would help.  She got a new 500 gig hard drive which I installed.  No problem in hooking up the sata and power connectors.  The CD/DVD drive as well as the Seagate hard drive are both recognized in BIOS. 

She received a Windows Vista 32 bit Disc operating system disk from Dell.  Dell also sent her drivers.

My problem is that after I've set the #1 boot priority to CD/DVD and restarted the computer does not boot from the installation disc.  It shows a notice that there is no boot device. 

I thought this would be a simple install.  Not sure what I should do.  I would sure appreciate any assistance.  Thanks in advance.

A:Can't install Windows Vista Home Premium on a New Hard Drive.

Tapping F12 at boot should bring up a boot menu. Do you see a CD/DVD entry?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/550945/cant-install-windows-vista-home-premium-on-a-new-hard-drive/
Relevancy 62.35%

how can i format my hard disk ving windows vista home premium n then reinstall windows vista home premium n how much timesmicrosoft lets u reinstall ur windows

A:How To Format Hard Disk With Windows Vista Home Premium

Formatting Vista is no different to formatting XP. Boot from the Cd then follow the prompts but dont forget to save your important data first as all will be lost. Also there is no limit on formatting OS.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/110939/how-to-format-hard-disk-with-windows-vista-home-premium/
Relevancy 62.35%

have an hp notebook - had windows 7 installed in it from the manufacturer. Lately it told me windows was not genuine. The product key didn't work. Bought a new windows 7- installed it with the new key. Had driver issues with the wireless adapter. Have a Lacie 1TB external hard drive - now it shows up in devices - not in hard drives - but I can't access it - tried another cable - nothing - seems to be spooling correctly. Tried to find a driver on Lacie's site - nothing. Looks like it is using a microsoft driver at the moment. Any ideas?

A:external hard drive problems - windows 7 home premium

After installing the new Operating System did you install all the motherboard drivers like Chip-set etc.?

Have you got all windows updates?

The external hard drive doesn't need any special drivers the windows should be fine seeing it....if the Hard drive hasn't any problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/external-hard-drive-problems-windows-7-home-premium.1016443/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi I recently bought a new hard drive WD Caviar Green TB in system spec due to a a failed Hitachi TB drive and I have no other internal drive attached to my system I'm therefore trying to install a fresh copy of Vista Home Premium on the new drive but I can't get this to work and I cannot format the drive through the option on the Vista install CD I've searched through different drive or Home Premium install Vista Cannot format hard new forums and have found that the problem may be that the nVidia chipset on my motherboard will not support hard drives gt TB I've therefore tried to install the updated nVidia SATA drivers through the Vista install CD driver function but this hasn't worked I've also run the MiniTool Partition Wizard as a boot disk which recognises the drive but when I try and format it it runs the format but labels it a quot Bad Disk quot and the format fails Cannot format new hard drive or install Vista Home Premium I'd like to try and split the disk into x TB partitions so as to be under the TB but it understandably won't do this until I've formatted the disk itself The disk is recognised in the BIOS by the Vista install CD and by the Partition software all with the correct TB file size so I don't think there is a problem with the disk itself or the connections As I'm now struggling to come up with anything else to try I wondered if anyone had any ideas Thanks Stuart

A:Cannot format new hard drive or install Vista Home Premium

I would try some of these testing tools first.

7 Free Hard Drive Testing Software Tools
CGSecurity

TestDisk - CGSecurity

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/297655-cannot-format-new-hard-drive-install-vista-home-premium.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I have a Toshiba Satellite A215-S4697 Laptop, with a 160 GB 2.5" SATA hard disk drive and Windows Vista Home Premium. I have purchased a 500 GB 2.5" SATA hard disk drive (Western Digital Scorpio WD6000BEVT) to replace the 160 GB hard disk drive. I need a process using Vista for copying the entire 160 GB hard disk drive (operating system, all programs, and data) to the new 500 GB hard disk drive.

I have previously upgraded a 40 GB hard disk drive on a Compaq Pressario Laptop with Windows XP Home Edition to a 160 GB hard disk drive, using Partition Magic, without any problems. Unfortunately Partition Magic is not compatible with Vista.

I have a Vantec Model CB-ISATAU2 SATA/IDE to USB 2.0 Adapter that would permit me to connect the new 500 GB hard disk drive to my Toshiba laptop, through a USB 2.0 connection, as an external hard disk drive.

Detailed step-by-step instructions would be appreciated.

A:Copy Hard Disk Drive in Vista Home Premium

Use Norton Ghost to image the old drive to the new one. Then you can connect the new one and the computer would boot as normal.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/copy-hard-disk-drive-in-vista-home-premium-331214.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello I have been experiencing a rather annoying problem with my laptop A random times often not long after startup wakeup my hard drive appears to freeze The hard drive light lights up solid any programs accessing the drive freeze drive freezes hard randomly Laptop and resource monitor says the disk is quot active quot yet also says quot kb disk I O quot is occuring After a couple of minutes it fixes itself and anything ive attempted to do during the time it was frozen all happens really quickly The nature of the problem makes me believe its the hard drive at fault but its smart readings are fine and ive ran the dell diagnostic tool that came with the laptop without finding any problems Ive also done Laptop hard drive freezes randomly the ususal routine of updating drivers and the BIOS etc Also it has never happened while gaming only ever while web browsing or other non-strenuous stuff so it may be a problem with power management Ive found several threads while googling that have the same problem but none seem to have a solution Any help would be appreciated Also ill try to screenshot the resource monitor when it happens again Thanks Jim Specs Dell XPS L x Intel core i ghz i think gb ram Nvidia GT m Toshiba MK GSGY gb HDD

A:Laptop hard drive freezes randomly

I'm gonna level with you. Dell's diagnostic software is not very good at all. It usually only detects a problem if the component is about to outright die. use Toshiba's HDD diagnostic tool to test your hDD. You should be able to download it from the link below.

Software Utilities

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/203636-laptop-hard-drive-freezes-randomly.html
Relevancy 61.92%

The last - weeks my laptop just keeps randomly freezing First I thought Google Chrome caused it but then it happened with Firefox and even without using the internet Sometimes when I m using MS Word this annoying freezing occurs The whole computer freezes Task Manager doesn t work so I always have to hard reboot I have no idea what s causing randomly to Laptop reboot have freezes, hard it but it is happening every day now Gateway laptop NV Series Pentium R Dual-Core CPU GHz GB RAM Windows -bit Laptop randomly freezes, have to hard reboot Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x IObit Advanced SystemCare AWC exe C Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Windows PLFSetI exe C Program Files x Lexmark Series lxcrmon exe C Program Files x Lexmark Series ezprint exe C Program Files x Laptop randomly freezes, have to hard reboot Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files x McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Program Files x NewTech Infosystems Gateway MyBackup BackupManagerTray exe C Program Files x Spyware Doctor pctsGui exe C Program Files x Launch Manager LManager exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Spyware Doctor BDT FGuard exe C Users Edina AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Edina AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Edina AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Edina AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Edina AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Edina AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Edina AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Edina AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Edina AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Edina AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Edina Downloads New folder HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http homepage gateway com rdr aspx b ACGW amp l amp m nv series amp r m b l z h a m u R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http homepage gateway com rdr aspx b ACGW amp l amp m nv series amp r m b l z h a m u R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http homepage gateway com rdr aspx b ACGW amp l amp m nv series amp r m b l z h a m u R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http homepage gateway com rdr aspx b ACGW amp l amp m nv series amp r m b l z h a m u R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook PC Tools Browser Guard - EA- A- b-ADF - D E CC - C Program Files x Spyware Doctor BDT PCTBrowserDefender dll F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Browser Defender BHO - A F D B- - FF -B - CCE E - C Program Files x Spyware Doctor BDT PCTBrowserDefender dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD-... Read more

Relevancy 61.92%

Dell Inspiron M laptop I see no indication on the chassis windows of just what bit version this is and entering the service tag in Dell's webpage only gives me a choice of Boot Listed OS Premium - CD 7 No Home Windows on or when looking for drivers Normal booting gets me as far as 'Starting Windows' I see the colored balls coming together to make the Windows logo And that's a far as it goes No further And no error Starting with a disk either or bit W HP reveals no OS listed Continuing to the diagnostic screen - Startup Repair could not fix the problem Choosing System Restore yields an error screen stating that 'To use System restore you must specify which Windows installation to restore ' Obviously this tool is not smart enough to Windows 7 Home Premium - No OS Listed on CD Boot know that it Windows 7 Home Premium - No OS Listed on CD Boot showed me no operating system to restore Command Prompt won't let me off the X drive When I type C I get 'The device is not ready' Typing sfc scannow offbootdir c offwindir c windows gives me 'Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service' The memory diagnostic wants me Windows 7 Home Premium - No OS Listed on CD Boot to restart the computer and check for problems If I can't get past 'Starting Windows' the memory diagnostic is useless What are my options This worked just fine until days ago

A:Windows 7 Home Premium - No OS Listed on CD Boot

Hi
First thing I would do is test the hard drive with the manufacturer diagnostic tool

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/350891-windows-7-home-premium-no-os-listed-cd-boot.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I have had Windows Vista Home Premium on my Toshiba Laptop for over boot Home Vista won't at Premium all. Windows years and just recently the OS won't boot at all I shut it down normally and restarted it It started to load normally and then went to Windows Vista Home Premium won't boot at all. a blank screen I manually shut down my laptop and when to restart it Now it said that it could not load the OS that some files might be causing the problem and Windows Vista Home Premium won't boot at all. gave me the options to start Windows normally or launch Startup Repair I chose to Launch Startup Repair It then went Windows is loading files and then it gave me the Microsoft Corporation Windows Vista Home Premium won't boot at all. progress bar and after that finished my screen remained at a blank screen before I shut it down minutes later Now anytime I try to restart my laptop and put it in for example Safe Mode it instantly goes to the Startup Repair and does the same thing again and again with the blank screen What gets me is it had just been working fine not even minutes prior to all this occuring What I am wondering is Did my OS just fry

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-home-premium-wont-boot-at-all-597661.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Error on boot:No boot disk as been detected or the disk as failed.

A:Impossible to boot windows 7 home premium 64 bit

Stefan. Go into the BIOS and run the HDD test. REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Impossible-to-boot-windows-7-home-premium-64-bit/td-p/5634680
Relevancy 61.92%

Two days ago i bought a Windown home premium installation CD so i decide to install it can't 7 usb Home installation boot Premium Windows on my Windows ultimate Since my DVD Drive nor working properlly i dont know why i rarely use my DVD Drive but still it can work properlly so i make a Windows 7 Home Premium usb installation can't boot bootable usb windows I try to boot on my dad pc and it works properly but went i try on my pc IT FREEZE UP ON THE BOOT SCREEN - this what i mean by quot boot screen quot here where i get stuck Everytime i connected the windows usb installation to my pc it will freeze up on the boot screen i manage to click the F but it never take me to the boot screen it just freeze on the boot screen I try to make with different usb i try type of usb with different brand still this problem not solve It works fine on my dad amp mom notebook but not mine So could anybody help me

A:Windows 7 Home Premium usb installation can't boot

Solve, thank to youtube ALSO ALL PEOPLE WHO RELPY ON MY THEARD

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/221520-windows-7-home-premium-usb-installation-cant-boot.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I am not sure what is causing this. At first I got caught in a repair loop, then when I managed to shut it off I got an ntoskrnl.exe failure. Now I get the above message. I've tried clearing the bootcache amongst other things and nothing seems to work.

It comes up right before the logon should appear. Scandisk, memcheck etc. return nothing. I can use Live CDs etc. just fine, but the OS won't boot.

I want to try a repair install but I don't have enough space and I can't get GParted to boot. Any ideas?

Relevancy 61.92%

Hello I am very new to this forum and I don't know if I'm placing this topic in the right place Please help me find the right place if this isn't it Where can I go to get a good and easy tutorial on how to create a duel boot PC I have genuine Vista Home Premium x and XP x licenses multiple drives that I could use or partition and a computer that can handle it but I have never created a duel boot computer before Currently the computer runs only on Vista Home Premium x and there are boot? x64 Premium Home duel XP x64 How and Vista to some programs and hardware that I would like to occasionally like to access that are only compatible with XP including a Lexmark x multifunction printer How to XP x64 and Vista Home Premium x64 duel boot? and Microsoft Picture It Publishing in addition to a couple How to XP x64 and Vista Home Premium x64 duel boot? other programs that just seem to work more smoothly on XP I still want Vista available too for other programs too though Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope you are willing to help

A:How to XP x64 and Vista Home Premium x64 duel boot?

Hi swing,

Plenty of people install XP after Vista - there are numerous tutorials:

Installing XP After Vista - NeoSmart Technologies Wiki

How to dual boot Vista and XP (with Vista installed first) -- the step-by-step guide with screenshots

Windows Vista no longer starts after you install an earlier version of the Windows operating system in a dual-boot configuration

Dual Boot Vista and XP with Vista already installed - SysChat

Hope it helps

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/223971-how-xp-x64-vista-home-premium-x64-duel-boot.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi there,

I'm trying to reinstall Windows 7 on my computer. For some reason, it works on the computer I've got right next to me, but it doesn't work on my computer. I've set the boot device to the optical drive in the BIOS configuration, and I've tried other CD's that might make things different. I've got it from America, as I've just moved to England and had it shipped over, and am trying to use a British installation disc for it. I've got the product key and everything I need and the installation discs have the stuff on it. I know this because I booted my Nana's computer from the DVD and it works.

What am I supposed to do to fix this problem?

Thanks so much,

Paul

A:Windows 7 Home Premium won't boot from disk

Hi teenaviator, Welcome to the forums , Do you feel confident enough to copy the dvd to a usb stick and then install off the usb ? Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/219816-windows-7-home-premium-wont-boot-disk.html
Relevancy 61.92%

My HTPC blue screened at start-up a couple 32 bit Premium Home Problems Vista Boot - of times last week but then all was ok Last night it booted fine but was running awfully slow So I scheduled a checkdisk and rebooted When check disk started it got through the st stage and froze Rebooted the the PC again but it would get a BSOD after the Windows logo appeared and reboot It happens to quick Boot Problems - Vista Home Premium 32 bit to see the error on the BSOD If I start in Safe Mode it gets to crcdisk sys and then BSOD s This morning I booted from my DVD It did not find my OS but I was able to do a start-up repair Once it repaired some issues the PC booted All was good but once the MS logo disappears the screen remains black it never makes it to the user login screen I tried to boot in Safe Mode but same problem So I made a little progress but its still stuck Any ideas nbsp

A:Boot Problems - Vista Home Premium 32 bit

I guess I'm in the dreaded "black screen of death" with mouse cursor. Unfortunately, I cannot bring-up the task manager.

Any suggestions other than reinstall.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/boot-problems-vista-home-premium-32-bit.767571/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi, Several people have asked the question of how to solve the error message:

'Failed on loading skin name "minibcont" The file "shell.css" is required in your "sscommon/skins/minibcont/css/" directory'

I am using Vista Home Premium and developed the problem after getting FIOS.

I did not see any solutions submitted. Does anyone know the answer?

merlene

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/206930-vista-home-premium-error-boot-up.html
Relevancy 61.92%

A friend told me she was doing some school work of some sort on it amp now she nor I can get it to boot to desktop She said it has a virus but I however did manage just now to desktop to Home Premium won't boot Vista get it to the desktop amp was in the process of checking the settings in Google Chrome when the screen went black Since then I ve tried f repeatedly last known configuration a few times safe mode with networking amp probably others amp no joy I talked to her amp told her I might have to reset it to factory settings amp she d lose everything She said that would be ok Its a Windows Home Premium laptop Model SVE FXW I was considering putting Firefox portable on a flashdrive so I could hopefully get a scan or two going but I don t know I will continue to quot try quot to get it up amp going amp post back if I have any luck thanks any ideas nbsp

A:Vista Home Premium won't boot to desktop

I think I should of posted this in Virus & Malware. Got Eset online scanner running in safe mode now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vista-home-premium-wont-boot-to-desktop.203934/
Relevancy 61.92%

Am using Vista Home Premium on a new and reasonably high spec PC. Suffering from annoying hang on boot - total boot takes around 3 min when all start progs disabled - otherwise Vista appears to be running OK. Have cleaned out all temp files but still slow. Boots fast and without problem in Safe Mode so suspect a software driver loading problem (all hardware drivers checked and OK). Boot event log shows mainpathboottime of 157 secs - other main time components are bootexplorerinittime (74 secs), bootuserprofileprocessingtime (32 secs), bootprefetchinittime (28 secs) and bootpostboottime (23 secs). Bootlog (ntbtlog.txt) shows two pages of drivers but does not show how long each one took to load and so do not know which one(s) causing the delay. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing problem and can anyone recommend a bootlog analyser (THAT WORKS WITH VISTA) that would give me the individual driver loading time and sequence?

A:Slow Boot With Vista Home Premium

I'd start with "perfmon /report" at the Start dialog.
After that, go to Control Panel (Classic View)...Performance Information and Tools...Advanced Tools...View performance details in Event log
That'll give exact times for boot issues that exceed the norm.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/135001/slow-boot-with-vista-home-premium/
Relevancy 61.92%

I am posting beforehand this .txt file which says some critical condition, error and warning advices on some processes. Please help since I just reformat my pc for good and know it seems its taking A lot longer than it used to.

If you guys need any more information or logs let me know and I'll post them. Thanks beforehand!

A:Windows 7 Home Premium SLOW boot

I don't know what is wrong with your computer. I can tell you what I do to clean up my computer after a reformate.

1. Download Revo Uninstaller and run.

It will display all of the programs installed on the computer. Typically, there is a substantial amount of bloatware that can be removed. Remove the junk. Run the Junk File scanner and delete the junk.

2. Download Glary Utility and run 1-click scan. Repair.

3. Glary Utility has a Registry defrager. Run and defrag the registry.

4. Run Windows Disk drive degramentor.

This does take some time but usually results in a well running computer.

Best of luck!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/445241/windows-7-home-premium-slow-boot/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi I have booted my PC from the original windows home cd today But its not booting properly I am not getting this message quot press any key to boot from the DVD quot Instead a black screen is there for long time only with the cursor visible and going to normal windows logging option I could load the DVD from within windows and browse the files on the DVD I have set the DVD drive to be the first boot device in BIOS But still not working Few hints why this issue occured My laptop comes with the window original premium home CD cannot windows boot 7 from home premium version My friend had taken my laptop and installed profession version a year ago After one year I cannot boot from original windows 7 home premium CD have installed home premium version which is now there cannot boot from original windows 7 home premium CD with me At this time there was no problem installing it Today I have two windows versions I want to do a clean format and install only windows home which comes with the laptop But as I stated earlier its not loading the files properly Could someone please help me out here Thanks Suresh

A:cannot boot from original windows 7 home premium CD

Hello tsuresh, welcome to Seven Forums!

Before we make any specific recommendations will you please post a snip/screen-shot of the entire disk management drive map with a full description as to which drive/partition is which, so we can see what you have going on as there may be a fairly simple way to resolve the situation.

In the Windows start menu right click computer and click manage, in the left pane of the "Computer Management" window that opens click disk management and post a maximized snip of that.

How to Upload and Post a Screenshot and File in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/165952-cannot-boot-original-windows-7-home-premium-cd.html