Windows Support Forum

Windows has detected an IP address conflict

Q: Windows has detected an IP address conflict

hi,
Im using a verizon wirleess USB modem (verizon wireless usb551l). It has been working fine for the last month, all of a sudden i start getting this

"windows has detected an ip address conflict"

Ive spoken to verizon, we were nice enough to allow me to get a new device after we spent an hour troubleshooting and still the same problem. Im connected for about 8 minutes then i disconnect and get the pop up with the error. I have been told that i have a windows 7 issue. Im not sure where to look or what do to? any help would be great, thanks in advance

ive tried resetting the IP address, reinstalled software. idk what else to do!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows has detected an IP address conflict

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows has detected an IP address conflict

Where did you reset the IP address? I mean in which device did you reset the IP address?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-has-detected-an-ip-address-conflict.179937/
Relevancy 93.31%

I ve been having this problem intermittently since I moved into my new place a few months ago The setup Wire modem router - gt Belkin wireless extender - gt has detected a address isn't an IP Windows conflict... conflict there but My computer game consoles whatever It works fine most of the time but occasionally decides to act Windows has detected an IP address conflict... but there isn't a conflict up in a variety of ways - The one mentioned in the thread title Everything will be working fine then the IP address conflict message just kinda pops up Check the extender and router through my phone because I can t access them through my computer and I see that there is clearly no conflict No other device is trying to use the same IP address as my computer This used to happen like once a month but it s happened four times in the past two days Happened once while I was typing this up in fact I ve tried resetting my computer s IP address through the command prompt That doesn t work I can usually fix it by resetting or unplugging the router and or the extender but sometimes I have to do it multiple times - Internet just drops here and there then comes back on a few minutes later When this happens I can access the extender but not the router And it doesn t only happen to my computer which is really frustrating when I try to play a game online or something I ve basically given up on that by now after being dropped constantly This happens frequently like at least once every couple hours The best I can do about it is just refresh Google or something until it starts working again - Internet completely stops working when I m downloading something on my PS or The download on that system still works if a bit slow but the internet is just plain broken on any other device that tries to use it during this period I don t even know if these are all symptoms of the same problem or different problems but I d appreciate any help you guys can give me I m really tired of constantly fighting my internet connection nbsp

A:Windows has detected an IP address conflict... but there isn't a conflict

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-has-detected-an-ip-address-conflict-but-there-isnt-a-conflict.1047016/
Relevancy 88.58%

I'm running Win x My PC is connected directly to a Netgear R router to which several other IP has conflict address Windows an detected devices are connected wirelessly and directly This setup has been stable for several months I started getting the title error two or three days ago roughly times hour I went into Event Viewer and saw that Event ID Warning DNS Client Services always occurs contemporaneously with the error and Event ID Error Tcpip does about of the time only appear when does The full text of the is quot Name resolution for the Windows has detected an IP address conflict name in-addr arpa timed out after none of the Windows has detected an IP address conflict configured Windows has detected an IP address conflict DNS servers responded quot Though the leading digit in the address in this example varies The full text of the is quot The system detected an address conflict for IP address with the system having network hardware address - - - - - Network operations on this system may be disrupted as a result quot This text is always the same I've tried ipconfig release ipconfig renew to no effect Any ideas Thanks

A:Windows has detected an IP address conflict

That happens with my Netgear at times too. I power it off, wait for 30 seconds and power it back on. That fixes it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/348950-windows-has-detected-ip-address-conflict.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Sorry I did not take a picture of this error, but I've been getting it pretty often. "Windows has detected an IP address conflict". It does not seem to cause serious problems, but I'd like to understand the problem.

Any ideas?

This is a Gateway desktop, operating in a household with wifi. Other people use the wifi to watch Netflix and Amazon Prime or Google's Youtube.

Thanks in advance.

Doug

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/57540-windows-has-detected-ip-address-conflict.html
Relevancy 88.58%

I received the message Windows has detected an IP address conflict, we have one computer, what should my next step be? Is this a security concern?

A:Windows has detected an IP address conflict

Download  MiniToolBox MiniToolBox, Save it to your desktop and run it.
Close any Firefox browsers you may have open
Checkmark the following boxes:
•Flush DNS
•Report IE Proxy Settings
•Reset IE Proxy Settings
•Report FF Proxy Settings
•Reset FF Proxy Settings
•List content of Hosts
•List IP configuration
•List last 10 Event Viewer log
•List Installed Programs
•List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
•List Minidump Files

Click Go and copy / paste the result (Result.txt).

Any change  ?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515313/windows-has-detected-an-ip-address-conflict/
Relevancy 88.58%

I keep getting an error message again and again saying "Windows has detected an IP address conflict".
The internet (DSL) cable goes directly to the back of my CPU without any other device such as a router.

What should I do?

A:Windows has detected an IP address conflict.

restart your computer it should automatically reassign a new ip unless you manually selected it.
Are both computers in the same location home/business?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/24609-windows-has-detected-ip-address-conflict.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi there i just got this error can someone help please ,another computer on this network has the same IP address as this computer.Contact your network administrator for help resolving this issue.
OK i have check ipconfig my ip address there is set to 10.1.1.5 and yet my modem is 10.1.1.1 my settings are set to locate an ip address automatically,there are 3 desk top pcs connected to this internet connection .What can i do please.
Cheers Rob

A:windows has detected an IP address conflict

My best guess is something is not set right on you DHCP server.

Do you have any pcs with a static address?

In the computer with a conflict run these two commands from an elevated command prompt.

Click start orb
Type cmd
Right click on cmd.exe select run as admin

Run these two commands

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/276019-windows-has-detected-ip-address-conflict.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi I have been having router wireless internet issues since my internet provider had to conflict Windows has detected an address Solved: IP come out and fix the Solved: Windows has detected an IP address conflict outside lines Ever since then I get the Network Error quot Windows has detected and IP address conflict quot whenever my laptop and my wife s try to use the wireless at the same time I have tried release renew of my IP address and also reseting my router to factory settings to no avail I am lost at this point on what I should do next Can someone give me a hand Thanks Computer info and ipconfig all Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU Q GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer Inc N Jq BSN Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Jonathan gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name JLAKIN Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address A- B-D -CF-FD-FF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address C- B-D -CF-FD-FF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a ec Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Tentative Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - B-A - - B- - C-D - A DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Con troller NDIS Physical Address - B- - C-D - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B C -CFF - EC - C -F EA A B E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap AC DE E-CE E- FC -A C - C B C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F C -D - A- C- F F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Jonathan gt nbsp

Relevancy 83.85%

Hi - need some help to determine an and conflict Signal Problem Poor has Address detected - 2-Part Wireless Windows IP my problem with windows network error Also I don t 2-Part Problem - Windows has detected an IP Address conflict and Poor Wireless Signal know if this is a cause but my wireless signal is horrible after purchasing a Netgear N wireless router - I have 2-Part Problem - Windows has detected an IP Address conflict and Poor Wireless Signal a cable modem connected through ethernet 2-Part Problem - Windows has detected an IP Address conflict and Poor Wireless Signal to wireless router Here s my system info Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista amp Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R Dual CPU E GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G G Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard PEGATRON CORPORATION Benicia Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name POLITOBONITO-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL C P C P Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - - C- C-E - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d d c b cf Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday February PM Lease Expires Monday February PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C- - F- - - C- C-E - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix charter com Description USB Wireless b g Adaptor Physical Address - - -B - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c f ed f fefc Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe c f ed f fefc Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap charter com Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Thanks to anyone everyone that can help nbsp

A:2-Part Problem - Windows has detected an IP Address conflict and Poor Wireless Signal

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-part-problem-windows-has-detected-an-ip-address-conflict-and-poor-wireless-signal.1039707/
Relevancy 78.69%

I m setting up a small network and learning the basics as I go along WAN access internet is via a wireless netgear modem router DG G with DHCP enabled and DNS provided by my ISP pc s access this via wireless pci nics address conflict ip detected Solved: Ralink chipsets and Atheros chipset XP SP W K Linux Ubuntu Solved: ip address conflict detected WPA PSK is enabled ssid is changed from default admin password is changed from default Everything up to this point is fine secure to date and reliable One of the XP wireless pc connections also has a intel based pci nic This is bridged to the wireless nic and connected to an port switch with auto negotiation I think that Solved: ip address conflict detected s the term it detects source and clients without crossover cables From the switch I have boxes XP SP ME and W All patched and updated Inittially I used the XP network wizard to set up the XP router box for ICS and when that didn t succeed despite indicating which way to the WAN and which way to the LAN it would always look to the LAN side for internet according to the tray indicators I tried the bridging method I have had immediate success with that and have progressed through manual ip addresses to now running all clients as obtaining ip addresses automatically I now only have manual addresses on the XP routers wireless and wired nic s set up before the bridge is installed which after numerous restarts is now running auto ip address for the bridge itself After some earlier research on this forum and in XP help I have the manual ip addresses on the XP routers adaptors outside of the range defined on the Netgear router modem to The problem When one of the wireless pc s other than the XP router box is fired up and joins the wireless network and possibly at other times I m still trying to define when and whether there are factors and also as the wired side of the network is fired up I get ip address conflict messages These seemingly sort out without intervention on wired start up but the wireless conflicts pull down the bridge connection to the wireless modem router The bridge has to be deleted and the nic disabled then the wireless nic connection repaired then the nic enabled and the bridge re-installed to bring the network back up I m leaning to a problem with DHCP somehow being active on the XP router but cannot see anything other than client in services and no ICS entry in services There is a message following post before XP boots as follows INTEL UNDI PXE- DHCP MAC ADDRESS didn t write the string down DHCP -- and a progress spinning cursor I think this may be where the problme is but can t see where to start looking to correct it Of course I may also be way off track Any ideas Cheers nbsp

Relevancy 77.83%

Hi everyone New to the forums I searched the web a bit and stumbled upon this site as well as a few threads that contained the same problem I have but none had the exact same issue I have Ok here it goes There are about laptops one desktop and gaming consoles that are using the router Everything connects fine expect the one laptop It is an ASUS laptop running Windows Whenever the laptop is going to connect to the internet every other device using the internet is stalled for a few moments then reconnects The computers then give the IP Address Conflict message This is extremely frustrating Sometimes it happens when people are accessing the Address IP Has Dreaded "Windows Conflict" Detected The An Web for college assignments and sometimes gaming which is annoying to get disconnected from The Dreaded "Windows Has Detected An IP Address Conflict" I have tried to release renew the IP but it tells me it can t complete the process I really wish you guys can help me out here I don t see where it can be anything but that laptop everything The Dreaded "Windows Has Detected An IP Address Conflict" else has been using the web without issues for years Only this new laptop brings the error up Please help me sort this out Tech Guys Thanks P S Should probably also add that everything is connected WIRED nbsp

A:The Dreaded "Windows Has Detected An IP Address Conflict"

exact model of the asus laptop - it would be worth updating the driver

can we see an ipconfig /all from the laptop

do you know if anyone is using a fixed IP address on any of the machines ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-dreaded-windows-has-detected-an-ip-address-conflict.1073342/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi address 7 IP itself with conflict Windows folks I ve got a wireless network consisting of two Windows PCs a Windows 7 IP address conflict with itself wireless printer an Android tablet and an iPhone The PCs are always on the network the other devices only connect occasionally The router is a Dynamode R-ADSL-C -W-G IP Windows 7 IP address conflict with itself addresses Windows 7 IP address conflict with itself are assigned by DHCP and both PCs are set up to get an IP address automatically Now and again I get an error message on my PC saying Windows has detected an IP address conflict on the network I looked in the System Event Log and found the following message The system detected an address conflict for IP address with the system having network hardware address hex number here Network operations on this system may be disrupted as a result Click to expand When I checked in the router settings I found had been assigned to the other PC which also has the hardware address given in the error message - I m not sure how that constitutes a conflict When I get this error message I never encounter any connectivity problems - i e both machines can still access the internet Any advice appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

I am getting this notification, and I have looked all over the internet to find a solution. None of them seem to help. We have a apple air router, and my father reset it yesterday. Does anyone know what I can do?

A:Windows has detected an IP addrress conflict

The problem is on your LAN, not the internet. Probably one of three causes:

a. a device is using a static IP that is within the router's Dhcp server's address range;

b. a device was not shut down at the time of the router reset and it now thinks it still has a valid lease from before the reset;

c. defective router.

Suggested resolutions for the above:

a. choose a static IP outside the Dhcp server's address range, but still within the LAN's subnet.

b. on that device release and renew the IP; else shut down all connected devices and then reset the router.

c. reset the router to factory default settings; if the problem is still not fixed replace the router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-has-detected-an-ip-addrress-conflict.1044630/
Relevancy 64.07%

I ve done my fair share of searching on Google in hopes to find the solution to problem but unfortunately no such luck So I came here in hopes to find some help Here s the issue this morning I got on my computer and I noticed that my satellite internet connection hughesnet Conflict Windows Issues XP Address IP wasn t working In the bottom right corner of the screen by the clock was the Local Area Connection thing just sitting there like it was trying to connect and stuck on Acquiring Network Status First thing I did was try to reconnect it did nothing So I restarted which also did nothing I restarted my hughesnet box it did nothing When I restarted the computer I got a Message alerting me that I was having Conflicting IP Address issues I am not on a network nor do I have a router Recently about a month ago I bought a Virgin Mobile Broadband card IP Address Conflict Issues Windows XP for internet access for gaming mainly because satellite is awful for online gaming I m guessing this may have something to do with it but I don t know why it would wait a month to have a problem pop up out of nowhere I m connected to the net on the Broadband card right now Normally I d be able to have both of them connected with no problem but now only the broadband is working Please help me figure this out When I start satellite it sends packets receives then stops and sits at IP nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

Hi there, recently I have been getting slow internet and download speeds at a later time in the day, when there is 3 or 2 internet connections that show up in my connections. one being mine virgin broadband, another sky and Bthomehub, whenever these connections are up my download speed on steam goes from 1.1mb/s to 250kb/s and i get the message from windows saying' 'windows has detected ip conflict'' I can still access the internet play games online fine, but my download speed is really slow and sometimes internet is slow aswell, its been happening for a while now and its starting to get annoying that it happens at the same time almost everyday.

Relevancy 63.21%

I have recently started getting random 'Windows System Error- There is an IP conflict' blah blah blah messages on my PC, this only seems to happen when I also have the wireless switched on on my HTC Desire phone.

I have done the usual checks and everything in the house, that is connecting to the wireless (2 phones and a laptop) is on a different IP address so as far as I can see there is no actual conflict.

I have a Netgear WPN824v2 Router with the main PC connected to it.
Sometimes it goes for ages without doing it or I can get one after the other, sometimes the PC drops it's internet connection altogether. It is a secure network so it's not next door causing the problem.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 63.21%

I hope someone is able to help I ll provide as much info as possible We ve had a router on our desktop for the past months or so so that our laptop error: conflict address IP system Windows would have wireless internet Both computers use Windows XP The router is a D-Link router and the wireless card is LinkSys Windows system error: IP address conflict Everything was working fine but about or days ago a small yellow triangle with a black exclamation point starting popping up in the bottom right of the screen by the minimized icons on the laptop A message popped up saying something to the effect of quot Windows system error There is an IP address conflict with another system on the network quot The message pops up every to minutes making an internet connection impossible I should also say though that the internet connection is NOT disconnected when it pops up however all internet programs seize working i e AIM IE or any browser etc Since it pops up every minute or so the internet works in second increments Also I don t know if this makes a difference I ve tried shutting down the desktop computer but it still keeps happening so maybe the conflict is within the laptop itself I ve tried everything EXCEPT fooling around with the router and the wireless card although I m sure that s where the problem is I m pretty savvy with the computer except for the router internet connection I have no clue about TCP IPs DHCP or any anything else related to wireless internet connection so if someone could post a step-by-step how to for me I d really appreciate it TIA Also I wasn t sure if I posted on the right board maybe I should ve posted on the internet board I just figured since both computers use XP I could post here nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

My other laptop ( a HP Pavillion dv6000) can find my network (motorola) but it keeps saying this--

Windows has detected an IP address conflict
Another computer on this network has the same IP address as this computer.
Contact your network administrator... etc

My laptop was actually my older sisters and she has passed it down to me for Christmas last December. Although, she used a modem because shes always travelling , so she never connected to Motorola our Wireless Connection throughout the house. I think she must have fiddled with some settings because now i cannot connect.

Are the any codes i could put in my command promt? I have already tried ipconfig/all

anything , anything at all ?!? please help !!!
danielle

Relevancy 62.78%

i tried setting up this wireless printer onto the network, and failed miserably. there are two laptops and two ipod touches, and a desktop using this network, but after trying to put the printer onto the network, my desktop computer gives me an error message that says "There is an IP address conflict with another system on the network" I can't connect to the internet, and it won't let me release/renew the desktop IP address. I checked, and all devices are different. (Could the printer have an IP address?? ) I don't know what to do!

Relevancy 62.78%

I have a dell vostro 1500 laptop with windows xp home. I'm getting a message " There is an IP address conflict with another system on the network." I have had a wirless network in my home for a long time with no problems. I'm not sure how to start troubleshooting this. Let me know what info I can provide and I thank you for your help..............XRAY23

A:Solved: windows system error-IP address conflict

Shut down all computers on your network and then power off your modem and router. Wait about 30 second and then plug the modem in first and let it finish cycling. Next plug the router back in and wait another minute or two before turning on your PC and other network devices.

Regards,
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-system-error-ip-address-conflict.795144/
Relevancy 61.49%

This has been happening for a few months and I have had to reset the router every time and it usually works. I have 3 laptops, normally 2 are used and a roku streaming player connected to the tv. Both laptops are on windows 7 and sometimes the wifi suddenly stops working [sometimes only stops for some devices] even though i am still connected to the my router. Some times, a popup comes up that says that windows has detected an ip address conflict, so I think that that is the problem, but when I try to do ip/release, renew, it says that the media is disconnected to wireless network connection 2 even while i can access the internet.

Relevancy 57.62%

Sorry for this being so long but I wanted to be thorough Windows has detected another pc with the same IP address detected yellow same another pc ! ip Windows with wireless the address..also over has also yellow Windows has detected another pc with the same ip address..also yellow ! over wireless on wireless I just got this laptop months ago Everything has been great until the last week I was losing internet sporadically and at one time I didn't have internet for awhile so I reset my Windstream router Then a message said to Windows has detected another pc with the same ip address..also yellow ! over wireless register my internet which I did I also had windstream come in and they said my phone lines needed work so they set up a separate line for the phone and a separate line for the internet I thought that would fix the problems I have been having I get a message about times a day that says quot Windows has detected another PC with the same IP address quot I only have laptop and an IPOD Touch What is causing this message A lot of the times I lose the internet and I see a yellow explanation point over the wireless icon in my toolbar at that time all the lights were on the router I shut down my laptop and the internet is back One time I believe I clicked on the exlplanation point and was able to get it back but I'm not sure on that What is causing this I have Norton installed could that be it I believe there was an update for Adobe or Windows or something that came up at startup one day that I performed could that be it Is it my internet provider Windstream My router HELP By the way this is my family's first laptop and first experience having the internet So you think I should shut down my IPOD and my LAPTOP and then RESET the router Was just on the internet again and was on youtube and everything was working fine Then I lost the internet and the yellow came up again on the wireless icon When I scrolled over the it showed my network name and said quot No Internet Access quot When I left clicked on the yellow it says quot connected quot but I wasn't able to do anything on the internet I right clicked on the yellow to quot diagnose quot went through some diagnostics I gues and then it says quot you have not chosen to connect to any of the available networks quot Then without me doing anything the yellow goes away and I have internet access This is very frustrating and happens sporadically throughout the day Reset the router and the same thing happened I called my internet provider windstream and they rebooted the system and still nothing Clicked on the browser and it asked me to register the wireless router and when it finished the internet started working They were insisting it was something with my laptop I told them my ipod also stopped working at the same time They had answers for me Her only answer was to giggle the ethernet chord going into the router Something is going on and I am so frustrated I have only used wireless I'm not sure what the quot register my internet quot is I should have written it down After I reset my router the first site the browser went to was Windstream and it made me put in my phone email address and password Then it went through about steps and ended with Thank you for choosing Windstream or something like that Anyway I reset the router and still had the same errors They reset the router from their end and the internet came back and has been good for awhile I also just did about HP updates something about BIOS or something I have no idea what that was Keeping my fingers crossed that this keeps working without stoppage Thanks for the input Laptop amp IPOD simultaneously lost internet connection There was a yellow over the wireless icon and when I clicked it it showed all available networks mine was not listed and then after seconds it appeared I clicked on my Network then clicked CONNECT and I had the internet again Then there was a message on the screen that said the Windows has detected another pc ... Read more

A:Windows has detected another pc with the same ip address..also yellow ! over wireless

Go to Start type in CMD locate CMD.exe right click on cmd.exe then select "Run As Administrator"

At the command prompt type in

Ipconfig /release
Ipconfig /renew

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-has-detected-another-pc-with-the-same-ip-address-also-yellow-over-wireless-641783.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I just got this laptop months ago Everything has been great until the last week I was losing internet sporadically and at one time I didn t have internet for awhile so I reset my Windstream router Then a message said to register my internet which I did I same ! has address...also another the wireless. yellow pc detected IP with on Windows also had windstream come in and they said my phone lines needed work Windows has detected another pc with the same IP address...also yellow ! on wireless. so they set up a separate line for the phone and a separate line for the internet I thought that would fix the problems I have been having I get a message about times Windows has detected another pc with the same IP address...also yellow ! on wireless. a day that says quot Windows has detected another PC with the same IP address quot I only have laptop and an IPOD Touch What is causing this message A lot of the times I lose the internet and I see a yellow explanation point over the wireless icon in my toolbar at that time all the lights were on the router I shut down my laptop and the internet is back One time I believe I clicked on the exlplanation point and was able to get it back but I m not sure on that What is causing this I have Norton installed could that be it I believe there was an update for Adobe or Windows or something that came up at startup one day that I performed could that be it Is it my internet provider Windstream My router HELP By the way this is my family s first laptop and first experience having the internet nbsp

A:Windows has detected another pc with the same IP address...also yellow ! on wireless.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-has-detected-another-pc-with-the-same-ip-address-also-yellow-on-wireless.1050021/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have been assigned my own static ip address by the college but others are found using it,and the system shows ip conflict,can i some how lock my static ip so that no one other access it. Only a few static ip addresses are high speed and are already known so everyone tries those first,the left overs are near to waste,it gives a transfer rate of 15kbps only.Its an urgent situation plz help out!!!
Thankyou.

Relevancy 55.47%

Recently I got a new computer for uptairs to replace an old one and ever since I hooked it up the computers and Playstation have Address Conflict IP been having an IP Address conflict and routinely boot each other off the network I have tried ipconfig release and renew but it says quot No operation can be performed on Wireless Network Connection while it has its media disconnected quot I have no idea what this IP Address Conflict means When the new computer is off everything else runs smoothly I have an Optimum modem and connected to it is a D-Link EBR- wired router Connected to that router is the downstairs computer the new upstairs computer that is causing problems a Playstation and a NetGear WGR wireless router Please help me solve this it s really annoying Here is ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users owner gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name owner-HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - - - - -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b e edab d b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday August PM Lease Expires Wednesday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C-C - - - - - - D-AA DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description n Wireless LAN Card Physical Address C- - D-A - A- A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DE E - C C- C - E -A B B CF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c ba a Prefer red Link-local IPv Address fe c ba a Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap AD ED-AC E- - D- D A C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users owner gt nbsp

A:IP Address Conflict

Does the Playstation 3 have a static or dynamic IP? What is it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ip-address-conflict.1013069/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a user with a laptop that won't stay connected to the network. It gives the error that the ip address is in conflict with another device on the network, but I can't locate any device with that address. I have not yet reset the router, but have tried everything with the user's laptop. Any assistance with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Perplexed IT tech.

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi just found this site buy accident whlst searching the internet to help solve my problem This site looks great like having your own personal IT Department in your home The problem is this For some months I have been receiving a warning message bubble saying there is a conflict with IP address XX XX etc The IP adress is that for my Ethernet adapter - if that helps The Windows XP error log shows this message relates to hardware Conflict Address IP addresses These are F A and C CA D It does not seem to interfere with the IP Address Conflict operating performance I click the bubble and it goes away but having lost all my data a few years ago when my hard disk crashed I do not want to continue to ignore this anymore Some background info PC Model - Fujitsu Siemens Lifebook Tablet PC OS - Windows XP Professional ADSL connection to the internet via a ZyXel modem in Kazakhstan Using MS Outlook linked to my AOL Acount for e-mail Can anyone help please Many thanks nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi,
my pc has detected an IP address conflict, i guess that pc and laptop can`t share one ip ?

I already tried ipconfig/release and ipconfig/renew but it dosn`t work, because when i wrote ipconfig/renew then the old ( the same) ip has connected back.

After ip/config/release ip was disconnected, but after ipconfig/renew connected back. And still there is ip conflic, i can use the same internet fom my laptop, but not from pc as originally, pc can`t connect the internet.

What is wrong there?
Thanks

A:an IP address conflict

Just switch the power off for the PCs, the modem and the router. Then wait for 30 seconds and power on again. The problem should be solved.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/352553-ip-address-conflict.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello I was looking for an answer for my problem and found your page I would really appreciate it Here is my problem I was setting my router netgear wgt v to my computer Got some problem with the configuration and trying to open the default page to make the configuration I remember I change the address IP conflict configuration but then I saw the windows wizard for network and follow those steps Well since I did that I tried IP address conflict again to reconfigure the router but got the message on a bubble box windows system erro IP address conflict I have tried to delete that network but here I am lost and confused I know I am just around IP address conflict the corner to find a solution but I need the advice of an expert Thank you Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm XP x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce MX Integrated GPU Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard First International Computer Inc AU Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ip-address-conflict.1087686/
Relevancy 55.47%

Am on a laptop running XP because my new Windows 7 laptop will not connect via this ethernet connection.
I'm at a hotel so have no access to the hotels router. My new Windows 7 laptop won't connect via this same ethernet cable because it says someone else on the network has the same IP address. What am I doing wrong? I have tried several things but to no avail.
It connects fine via my home network either cabled or wireless with no problem. Not a static IP. All settings seem fine. Any help getting connected would be appreciated. Thanks

A:IP address conflict

Try this page, it has a walk through that looks fairly simple.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...CP-IP-settings

Or this one. http://grok.lsu.edu/Article.aspx?articleId=13184

Or with the command prompt which may be the fastest.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSZK_O2sBaw

You may need to restart after performing any network configuration change.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/55908-ip-address-conflict.html
Relevancy 55.47%

What does this mean?

It means two computers are using the same IP. Are you using DHCP? Are you using staic IP's?

On one computer try entering this in the command prompt

ipconfig /release

then

ipconfig /renew

If on a home network, reset your router

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/351984-ip-address-conflict.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I keep getting the following pop-up error message:

"window-system error- there is an IP address conflict with another system on the network"

I don't really understand it, but I guess I should do something about it. Can anybody give me an idea?

Here are my computer's general details:

PC, Windows XP SP2
Pentium 4 3 GHz
1 Mb memory
ADSL connection
Router Zyxel Prestige 660HW-61
Comodo Firewall

I saw in another, similar yet unresolved posting that the experts requested IP Config details. I was about to post those here, but am not very knowledgable about security. Before posting such data in a forum, is there anything that I should exclude in order to avoid the meddlesome entry of reprobates?

Relevancy 55.47%

We have a a network device (one that I am not very familiar with and would be difficult to change the IP address of) that is not working at the moment, and when I checked out DHCP I can see that there is an IP address conflict (says "BAD_ADDRESS" and "This address is already in use"). I have been able to find the MAC address of one of the devices using the ARP command, but it's the one that I already know about and the one that I actually want to keep at this IP address. My problem is finding out what the other device is. I used the ARP Ping command in NetScanTools to try to find the duplicate IP addresses but it still only returned the one device. If anyone has any ideas for me it would be greatly appreciated!

Relevancy 55.47%

I've recently moved off to college and am now living in a dorm Conflict IP Address with shared internet connection Every so often I'll get a windows error that states Windows has detected an IP Address conflict Another computer on this network has the same IP address as this computer IP Address Conflict Contact your network administrator for help resolving this issue More details are available in the windows System log Once this error message pops up my internet goes down briefly until i simply close the message I'm big into gaming so once this occurs I lose connection to my game which IP Address Conflict could be devastating I've already tried ipconfig release ipconfig renew and the issue doesn't seem to be resolved Additional Info I have no access to a router or anything of the sort I'll try the local internet help if needed but that requires me to unplug my entire computer and carry it a little ways down the road so they can figure out a solution

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/379742-ip-address-conflict.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Have looked at other threads on this but unable to quite glean the info I need Have linksys adsl gateway Had this connected to pc with winxp and laptop with win se and a linksys card A friend set it up - got internet working on both machines but he couldn t get the network working properly Recently the laptop card Conflict Address IP failed As part of a general overhaul at the same time as getting a new card com xjack upgraded laptop to xp and again tried to setup the network The current IP Address Conflict situation is that the laptop card seems to be installed ok it recognises the linksys router and connects to it Cannot connect to the internet with it and get the ip address conflict message Have tried setting both computers to automatically find ip addresses Have tried manually setting the laptop to a different address At present if I type ipconfig I have Main pc ip address subnet mask default gateway Laptop ip address subnet mask default gateway Please can someone give me some advice in very simple language nbsp

Ok - forget that - running fine now. I did two things. One i changed between ad-hoc and infrastructure mode. Two I switched everyhting off and then on again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ip-address-conflict.430972/
Relevancy 55.47%

hey i dnt know if this in the right thread but my problem is when im on the net it disconnects and the error message pops up and says "Windos has detected an IP address conflict, another computer on this netowrk has the same ip address as this computer.." the problem is that i only have one computer in i dnt have a network no laptops or printers just this computer. it may be because i prevouisly had windows xp installed on this computer but i recently changed to Window 7 when i did this that error message started to appear. i check my ip and it isnt a static it is set to automatically assign IP address... please help thanks

Relevancy 55.47%

We have some holiday accommodation which means approx 12 computers could be connected at one time. Weekly changeovers.....

It is a BT Home router (UK) which is extended with a Netgear extender to cope with the distances

Some computers connect - some come up with IP address Conflict....

Should I consider upgrading to a system which can handle this ??

Thanks

You need to stop the Extender allocating IP addresses - if it does - and get the BT router to allocate them all. I do something similar here in that I use a Netgear to handle my Dual Band wireless and pass through to a Sky router for ADSL (not easy to use a none Sky router with MER.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ip-address-conflict.1115972/
Relevancy 55.47%

Ever since i hooked up my xbox 360 to my laptop for an internet connection it says i haave an ip address conflict. and im not able to use the internet. and it also affected my desktop too and that wont get the internet. does anyone know how to fix it?

A:Help with IP address conflict

This happened to me too. What happened was that your xbox360 took over the ip adress of your laptop since they are using the same connection. If it is effecting your desktop as well then you need to follow these steps on both the laptop and the desktop.

1. Open the Command Prompt (from the Start button, go to Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt, or just type cmd.exe in "Run".)
2. In the command prompt window, type ipconfig to see current ip address
3. In the command prompt window, type ipconfig /release
4. In the command prompt window, type ipconfig /renew
5. Exit the Command Prompt by typing exit (you can just close it out as well)

Do this on both of your computers.

An alternative would be for you to unplug and reconnect the cat5's from your router and then restart the router. But I would try the command prompt method first. I made myself a batch file using this method so I don't have to type stuff like that in all the time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-ip-address-conflict.132384/
Relevancy 55.47%

I am temporarily using one available unsecured network that has the best signal strength which I set to Public network , and Sharing and Discovery all set to Off.

Today I woke up to an announcement on my screen(Standard Account):

IP Address conflict. Another computer has the same IP Address. Please consult with (I forgot with what)...

My Administrator Account does not have the announcement.

What does this mean? Am I in some kind of security trouble?

It means that your pc has tried to connect to the router using IP adderess 123.567.8.91 for example, but another device is currently using that IP address.

What other devices do you have connected to your router either wired or wireless?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/287926-ip-address-conflict.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I got a problem trying to connect wirelessly to a dlink router DIR615.I am trying just about everything but no luck.I get a "windows has detected a IP address conflict" message,could this be the problem? Or any other ideas?Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 430 @ 2.27GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3893 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1722 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 454102 MB, Free - 113168 MB; D: Total - 22532 MB, Free - 3285 MB; E: Total - 99 MB, Free - 85 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 144A
Antivirus: Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live! Anti-Virus, Disabled

Relevancy 55.47%

i have just installed a wireless network system all works well apart from a..get a message saying i have an ip address conflict with another item on my network.
b..i cant seem to configure the encryption on the network and have it work.
i am obviously doing something wrong. i only need average level security.
Both desktop and laptop are running xp.
any ideas on these two dilemma's???

A:ip address conflict

IP address conflict will resolve itself by doing an ipconfig /release and an ipconfig /renew or if you have it hardcoded change the last octet of the IP to another number (one not in use).

As far as the other part you'll have to wait for the wireless gurus to steer you in the right direction.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ip-address-conflict.404774/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi there,
Recently upgraded to Virgin Media internet and have received their Netgear router. Previously I was connected to my xbox through a network bridge on my laptop. Since using the new router I can no longer do this as I receive the message IP address conflict. When i attempt to allow sharing of the network to use its internet connection or create a network bridge I cannot connect to the internet.
Thanks
Alfie

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi all just less than minutes ago a slightly worrying message just popped up from the bottom of Ip conflict address my screen about an IP address Ip address conflict conflict Its gone now but what I think it said was Windows Error There is an Ip Address conflict with another computer on this server It may Ip address conflict have said something slightly different but thats about the gist The reason I m worried is that I have literally made no changes to my network recently whatsoever no computers added or removed no printers added or removed nothing I connected as normal and that message just cropped up My computer still connects to the internet fine as I m using it now My worry is that we might be being Hi-jacked for a connection Is that a possibility It s a relatively trouble free matter for me to go to the main computer downstairs and check the logs for the router but that is very time consuming not to mention the computer is slow I understand what the error message means that this computer has the same IP as another on the server I just can t understand why or how one of the computers that are on this server would have had their IP s changed I use a desktop Medion pc using an Edimax Wifi adapter to connect The router is a phillips router with a perfectly secure security key

A:Ip address conflict

What Is An IIP Address ConflictLouis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/362524/ip-address-conflict/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives B Total - MB Free - MB C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA JPTR Antivirus AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Updated and Enabled I got this message Windows has detected an IP address conflict Network Error Windows has detected an IP address conflict Another computer on this network has the same IP address as this computer Contact your network administrator for help resolving this issue More details are available in the Windows System event log Then after I performed address conflict IP a release renew I got this No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media disconnected So I pinged my router IP address conflict Here are the results Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft IP address conflict Corporation All rights reserved C Users Master gt ipconfig release Windows IP address conflict IP Configuration No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media di sconnected Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe f df e f Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap home Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address ef fb f b b be Link-local IPv Address fe f b b be Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap E C D - C F- B C- -EBB EB DC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C Users Master gt ipconfig renew Windows IP Configuration No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media di sconnected Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Link-local IPv Address fe f df e f IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address d d fc e f b b be Link-local IPv Address fe fc e f b b be Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap E C D - C F- B C- -EBB EB DC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C Users Master gt PING Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Users Master gt www yahoo com www yahoo com is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file C Users Master gt PING www yahoo com Pinging ds-any-fp -real wa b yahoo com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Master gt I have a router range extender in use so if that is closer I automatically connect to that instead of the wireless router QUESTION How do I fix the IP address conflict Thanks for your help nbsp

QUESTION: How do I fix the IP address conflict?Click to expand...

Depends heavily on what is causing it.

If there a device on the network with a static IP that is within the router's Dhcp server's address range you assign an IP outside of that range.

If the router was reset while some device was not connected but still retained its dynamic IP lease then don't worry about it. Make the lease time shorter to reduce the number of times this will happen. When this has happened to me Windows 7 seems to pretty quickly recover by requesting a new IP from the router, but XP needs the ipconfig /release & renew that you used.

If the router is malfunctioning make sure you have the latest firmware; then reset it to factory default settings and reconfigure it. If the problem continues live with it or replace the router.

Then, after I performed a release/renew I got this:
No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media disconnected.Click to expand...

It looks to me that you are using a wireless connection and the Local Area Connection media (ethernet cable) is indeed not connected. Yes?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ip-address-conflict.1109539/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hallo,a dialog box poped up on my computer saying, another computer on this network has the same ip address as this computer. what do i do to fix the problem??

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c7f5817d-ca0d-477d-a1da-25061c7a0748/ip-address-conflict?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 55.47%

My computer is giving me the following message and I'm not sure how to fix it: windows has detected an IP address conflict. Another computer on this network has the same IP address as this computer. Can you please give me step by step how to fix it?

If any computer on the network is using a static IP it may be operator error (such as using a static IP in the Dhcp server's address range).

If could also be a result of a router reset while a computer was not shut down. Shut down all computers and other devices on the network, reset or power cycle the router, and then boot the computers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ip-address-conflict.952823/
Relevancy 55.47%

I keep getting a Windows System error that I have an IP address conflict I have a windows XP desktop and wireless network in my home conflict Address IP with a belkin router to my laptop windows XP I had an internet problem for the past three days IP Address conflict when I downloaded a subscription renewal to Norton After many phone calls yesterday to my internet provider Adelphia Norton and Gateway I finally was able to back on line after I decided to uninstall Norton Anyway now I have this IP address conflict and I am having trouble logging on because of the pop up I did a cmd command and ipconfig on both computers and the IP address shown in both places are different The default Gateway is IP Address conflict the same I have an Ethernet adapter When I was working with Adelphia on the phone I did check the LAC connection and a net adapter I believe the net adapter may not have been enabled before What do you think I should do to get rid of this conflict I am not sure what the net adapter is for anyway I also reset my router already help nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

Before my laptop crashed...almost everyday I'd get a pop warning notice about an IP address conflict. And essentially, right after that notice I'd loose net connectivity. I wasn't using wireless at the time...and I'm just wondering what it meant, and if it was an indicator of a compromised connection.

Also, I'm wondering how I could protect my laptop so if and when I do make it back online and decide to go wirless someone doesn't tap into my wirless account. Several times I've tried to sign on via wirless and it would should other users in the vicinity and it would show that their accounts were password protected. But not ours. How do I remedy that.

Specs are :Toshiba Tecra, 2 yrs old, XP Pro, Intel

Any info, advice you could offer would be awesome!

Thanks!
NNN

Relevancy 55.47%

Windows has detected an ip address conflict another computer on network has same ip address/ any help would be helpful ta? 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7fc4205c-1718-4df0-80f0-ffc053cb7f86/ip-address-conflict?forum=itprovistasecurity
Relevancy 55.47%

Here s my story I have a laptop and a PC I IP help] [Please Address Conflict wanted my PC connected via LAN cable to the internet and the laptop connected through the router The cable from my internet provider is connected to my LAN Switch LAN cables that are connected to the switch come out of the switch and of em connects to the router and the other one directly into my PC Well here the problem I can t use the router in the same time with the PC I get IP Address Conflict [Please help] this error Windows has detected an IP address conflict I can only use at the time While the laptop was connected to the router I attempted to connect to the internet on my pc via LAN cable error can t connect I was like deleted by mod I bought a switch for nothing Please help me out P S I wanna use the LAN cable for my pc because it s obviously much faster than a wireless connection nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

I keep getting a message popping up that says "window-system error- there is an IP address conflict with another system on the network" If anyone could help me with what to do I would greatly appreciate it.

would you provide a lot more detail
make and models of kit
how are you connected
how many PC's on the network

post and ipconfig /all

ipconfig /all

TWO Methods to do that - some people have problems with ONE----

ONE ---------------------------------
start
run
cmd
ipconfig /all

rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

TWO -----------------------------------------------

Start, Run, CMD to open a DOS window and type:

IPCONFIG /ALL >C:\RESULT.TXT

Open C:\RESULT.TXT with Notepad and copy/paste the entire results here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ip-address-conflict.555726/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a user s laptop running XP Pro SP- that refuses to pick up a new IP address from the DHCP server I can Address IP Conflict assign it a static IP Address and it works fine The IP address that it keeps picking up when set to automatic is xxx xxx x When I look at the address pool and the assigned addresses xxx xxx x is assigned to this particular laptop The scope and IP Address Conflict all of that stuff is correct too I ve gone in and deleted the DHCP and DNS entries from the servers and uninstalled the driver for the adapter in the laptop When I boot IP Address Conflict the laptop it reinstalls the adapter and xxx xxx x gets reassigned to the laptop and I get the conflicting IP address message We run WS K on all of the servers I m sure that we only have server acting as DHCP server By the way this is the wired connection that I m having this problem with The wireless works just fine The wireless picks up an address and works like it s supposed to I ve thoroughly checked the LAN and no other machine has this XXX XXX X address The address is associated with this particular machine I didn t think it would do any good and it didn t but I even changed the name of the laptop When it rebooted it came right back with that same IP address and the new name that I gave it Any ideas nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ip-address-conflict.1056198/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello I Conflict, but IP 1 PC ONLY Address am receiving the error quot there IP Address Conflict, but ONLY 1 PC is an ip IP Address Conflict, but ONLY 1 PC address conflict with another system on the IP Address Conflict, but ONLY 1 PC network quot but I have only one PC on the network IPCONFIG always shows that the IP address is correctly assigned and that the adapter is connected and ready But I receive this message sporadically thoughout my login session I have a PC that is attached to a wireless router Using the router software I have assigned a specific IP address to my PC based on MAC address So my PC is setup to use DHCP to connect to the router The router then assigns the correct IP address to my PC There are currently no other PCs on the network I have wireless enabled but there is WPA-PSK encryption so it would be difficult for anyone else to connect Furthermore I can check the lan table on the router to see what machines are connected and only mine is So I have to assume that either windows XP or the router itself is messing up the ARP table or some other strange thing is happening that causes the OS to think that there is an IP address conflict when in fact there is not This doesn t seem to stop me from using the internet although I do suspect that certain packets and connections are dropped due to it happening repeatedly during my login session I e the message itself appears repeatedly Does anyone know what can cause this Specifics Windows XP Professional SP Router Netgear WGT V with latest firmware V Assigned IP address router is configured to give addresses in the range to Router network Mask Thanks nbsp

A:IP Address Conflict, but ONLY 1 PC

Let's start by briefly defining exactly what an IP address conflict is. In order for a system to communicate on a network it must have an IP address, and by definition that IP addresses must be unique — unique, at least, to your own network. When two devices somehow wind up with the same IP address, this is detected and the network interface on both on them gets disabled, causing each system to lose its connectivity until the conflict is resolved.

So what are some possible causes of IP address conflicts? A classic one is when two systems are given an identical static (manually assigned) address. This scenario isn't as common as it once was, however, because on a typical home or small business network DHCP is used to automatically manage and assign IP addresses.
DHCP servers — which are built into most routers — use a defined pool of IP addresses (called a scope) from which it doles out addresses in response to system requests. But since the default DHCP scope for most routers includes every available network address, even a single device with a static address assignment can cause a conflict if that address has already been given out by DHCP. You can minimize the chance of this happening by reducing the number of addresses in the DHCP pool to slightly more than you need (most routers let you do this), which allows you to have some free and available when you need static addresses.
But even avoiding the use of static addresses and relying entirely on DHCP doesn't eliminate the potential for address conflicts. For example, in some cases you may (often unknowingly) have more than one similarly configured DHCP server handing out overlapping addresses, especially if you have multiple wireless access points or other network devices with an embedded DHCP server (which is usually turned on by default). In this case, too many cooks spoil the broth, so you should only have one DHCP server running and make sure all others are turned off.
Another common cause of address conflicts is when a system comes back online after an extended period in stand-by or hibernate mode, especially if the system was previously part of another network (e.g. a work notebook brought home). A conflict will promptly occur if the address the system was previously configured with is the same as one that's already in use on the network.
Absent any of the above causes, conflicts can also be caused by internal DHCP server malfunctions, which cause them to lose track of which systems are using which addresses. This can be surprisingly common with some routers.
Finding and Fixing the Culprit
As we mentioned above, IP conflicts tend to eventually work themselves out in DHCP environments because systems issue repeated requests for valid addresses. But since the process can take a while and doesn't always work as planned, one way to hasten a fix is by manually entering IPCONFIG /RELEASE and IPCONFIG /RENEW from a command prompt (restarting a system accomplishes the same thing but takes a lot longer).
If the conflict persists even after renewing the IP address, it may be because your system's been re-issued the same address it already had and another system on your network is the source of the problem. You can get a clue about the offender by checking the System Log within the Windows Event Viewer (which you can get to via Start|Control Panel| Administrative Tools|Event Viewer) and looking for a DHCP error entry. The entry will list a network address (actually a MAC address) which you can use to identify the conflicting device, either by running IPCONFIG / ALL on a Windows system or checking the label on the back or underside of a non-PC device. Performing a IPCONFIG release and renew or restarting the other device should set things right. If not, restarting your router should do the trick as it will reset the DHCP server and force all systems to request new IP addresses.
If you experience chronic IP ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ip-address-conflict-but-only-1-pc.841121/
Relevancy 55.47%

I am receiving the error "there is an ip address conflict with another system on the network", but I have only one PC. I am NOT on a wireless router. I connect Internet via a Verizon 4G card. I can fix it temporarily by using "ipconfig /release" and "ipconfig /renew". Buit it keeps happening. HELP!!

A:ip address conflict

Unless you decided on your own to use a static IP configuration it seems to me this has to be a problem that only Verizon can troubleshoot and fix.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ip-address-conflict.1054320/
Relevancy 55.47%

How do I resolve this random alert This laptop has been in Hibernation mode over night all other PCs are shut down but I fail to understand how there can be a conflict when no other PCs are quot on quot I have done a search of this forum for ip address conflict but I cannot find a scenario that makes sense to me nor that I can understand In an attempt to do some research I have found and tested NETWORK SCANNER by SoftPerfect -- thanks to quot Ztruker quot at Need utility to find where IP address conflict is and that Network tool indicates all open PCs are through one IP address That was when there were PCs on and one printer Other PCs occasionally also display the IP Address Conflict alert We do not have a formal network all only on address one conflict, PC IP PCs are standalone and two PCs share one printer one by USB and the second by WiFi I assume all devices we run PCs video streaming to TV printer-scanner cell-phones IP address conflict, only one PC on when wifi connected to PCs are all using the same address or is it MAC Fiddling with router settings is dangerous territory for IP address conflict, only one PC on me as I have overstepped by skills threshold already and if I sabotage the router settings I am isolated from seeking help here at sevenforums This laptop has been using hibernation mode for over a week just IP address conflict, only one PC on trying to research this IP address conflict and has become very unstable desparately needs a reboot to refresh NetworkScanner when tested with VirusTotal reports threats incl one by Malwarebytes I have contacted SoftPerfect com and they referred me to their knowledge Base article Antivirus reports malware in one of SoftPerfect products I would appreciate any help to resolve this IP conflict annoyance Thank you SPECS Toshiba Satellite C OS Windows Home Premium -bit sp Build OEM UI Classic Shell Start Classic Explorer Windows Indexing disabled

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/396844-ip-address-conflict-only-one-pc.html
Relevancy 55.47%

When I boot up, I see a Windows pop-up balloon with the message: There is an IP address conflict with another system on the network." I only have this problem with my laptop I use upstairs using a Linksys Range Extender. I am sure this is the problem---one that I am clueless to solve! Thanks so much!

Relevancy 55.47%

My names Jamie Andrews Conflict?? Address IP I m getting the error message quot ip address conflict quot seems to cut out when this error IP Address Conflict?? message comes up I m using the Vodafone Mobile Network Adapter Huawei Windows Vista Home Basic p Seems other people are having the same problem another similar thread with the same issue using the same adapter in the thread below I m posting this because it didnt really seem to get rectified http forums techguy org networking -ip-address-conflict-please-help- html IP Address Conflict?? I m thinking maybe a Vodafone Network issue These are some of the other problems that i am experiencing with this product which may or may not be related The connection constantly switches between GPRS G HSUPA and HSDPA Every time it IP Address Conflict?? switches connections it cuts off when it switches to GPRS it just stops working completely I have tried to stop the modem from switching to GPRS by selecting the G only option but still it changes to GPRS all the while it says i have a quot Very good quot connection I have searched the coverage in my area on the Vodafone website and it says i should have very good G coverage nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

for the past week and a half Ive been having a warning pop-up Address Ip Conflict! about my IP address having a conflict with another Network Here is my HJT log pls help me out Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes Ip Address Conflict! C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Sygate SPF smc exeC WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXEC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exeC WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXEC Program Files Lexmark Series lxbvbmgr exeC Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Professional Ad-Watch exeC Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr ExeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files Lexmark Series lxbvbmon exeC Program Files D-Link AirPlus G AirPlus exeC Program Files Logitech Video FxSvr exeC Program Files HijackThis Analyse exe exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS System svchost exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http g msn ca SEENCA SAOS FORM TOOLBRO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dllO - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dllO - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run LVCOMSX C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXEO - HKLM Run LogitechVideoRepair C Program Files Logitech Video ISStart exeO - HKLM Run Lexmark Series quot C Program Files Lexmark Series lxbvbmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run FaxCenterServer quot C Program Files Lexmark Fax Solutions fm exe quot sO - HKLM Run nod kui quot C Program Files Eset nod kui exe quot WAITSERVICEO - HKLM Run LogitechVideoTray C Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exeO - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run AWMON quot C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Professional Ad-Watch exe quot O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeO - Startup Adobe Gamma lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exeO - Global Startup D-Link AirPlus G Configuration Utility lnk O - Extra context menu item amp Windows Live Search - res C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll search htmO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dllO - DPF C A- BE- B -A BB- B FE A ewidoOnlineScan Control - http download ewido net ewidoOnlineScan cabO - DPF F E B A- A - CA- - D CB MSN Photo Upload Tool - http l-squeek-l spaces live com PhotoUpload MsnPUpld cabO - DPF BB F - F - EC -BF D- BD C AE a-squared Scanner - http ax emsisoft com asquared cabO - DPF CC BC - AA - AC -AC - E F B ADF Live Player Class - http www live com players play cabO - DPF F A AE -A D- D - - C F EF D Hotmail Attachments Control - http by fd bay hotmail m... Read more

A:Ip Address Conflict!

You may want to print this or save it to notepad as we will go to safe mode.Fix these with HiJackThis ? mark them, close IE, click fix checkedO20 - AppInit_DLLs: userinit.dllDownLoad http://www.downloads.subratam.org/KillBox.zip orhttp://www.thespykiller.co.uk/files/killbox.exeRestart your computer into safe mode now. (Tapping F8 at the first black screen) Perform the following steps in safe mode:Double-click on Killbox.exe to run it. Now put a tick by Standard File Kill. In the "Full Path of File to Delete" box, copy and paste each of the following lines one at a time then click on the button that has the red circle with the X in the middle after you enter each file. It will ask for confimation to delete the file. Click Yes. Continue with that same procedure until you have copied and pasted all of these in the "Paste Full Path of File to Delete" box. C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.dllNote: It is possible that Killbox will tell you that one or more files do not exist. If that happens, just continue on with all the files. Be sure you don't miss any.START ? RUN ? type in %temp% - OK - Edit ? Select all ? File ? DeleteDelete everything in the C:\Windows\Temp folder or C:\WINNT\tempNot all temp files will delete and that is normalEmpty the recycle binBoot Download Superantispywarehttp://www.superantispyware.com/superantis...efreevspro.html Install it and double-click the icon on your desktop to run it.? It will ask if you want to update the program definitions, click Yes.? Under Configuration and Preferences, click the Preferences button.? Click the Scanning Control tab.? Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked:o Close browsers before scanningo Scan for tracking cookieso Terminate memory threats before quarantining.o Please leave the others unchecked.o Click the Close button to leave the control center screen.? On the main screen, under Scan for Harmful Software click Scan your computer.? On the left check C:\Fixed Drive.? On the right, under Complete Scan, choose Perform Complete Scan.? Click Next to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.? After the scan is complete a summary box will appear. Click OK.? Make sure everything in the white box has a check next to it, then click Next.? It will quarantine what it found and if it asks if you want to reboot, click Yes.? To retrieve the removal information for me please do the following:o After reboot, double-click the SUPERAntispyware icon on your desktop.o Click Preferences. Click the Statistics/Logs tab.o Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.o It will open in your default text editor (such as Notepad/Wordpad).o Please highlight everything in the notepad, then right-click and choose copy.? Click close and close again to exit the program.? Please paste that information here for me with a new HijackThis log.Please give feedback on what worked/didn?t work and the current status of your system

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/78524/ip-address-conflict/
Relevancy 55.47%

My internet will randomly go out. Well, when I hover over the bars it will say "No internet access" but when I click on it it does show that it's connected. Sometimes it doesn't happen, sometimes it does... I can't figure out if it's related to anyone else's computers. It tends to happen in the evening but occasionally it happens during the day when no one else is here.

The error message says...

"Windows has detected and IP address conflict

Another computer on this network has the same IP address as this computer. Contact your network administrator for helping resolve this issue. More details are available in the Windows System event log."

I'm going nuts here so TIA to whoever helps me. :)

A:IP address conflict?

Are you on a home/private network? Are you using DHCP on the router? Do you have "Obtain IP Automatically" setup in TCP/IP settings on the PC?

Do you have any static IP addresses assigned?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/ip-address-conflict-558696.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have two computers networked together via a linksys router. I have never messed with the IP addresses and everything has been working fine. My problem started after I was trouble shooting a slow connection issue. I was attempting to restablish my IP address by running ipconfig/release and then ipconfig/renew. After executing this command I keep getting the "system error - Invalid IP address". I may have the text on the error message incorrect. What did I do wrong? I was just trying restablish my IP address with my Internet provider. I'm using a cable modem.....

Even during this problem my TV Tuner card and access to my 2nd computer worked fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try ipconfig /all. Take a look at your settings and see if you can see anything that might be in conflict. DHCP should be enabled if you don't have manual IP settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ip-address-conflict.361212/
Relevancy 55.47%

I ve got an ethernet connection that worked just fine up until today Suddenly my computer cannot get a valid IP address any more It says there is an IP address conflict so somehow someone else on the network meaning in my building got the same IP address They are allocated automatically so this is not supposed to happen DHCP has been enabled on my computer the whole time IPv sometimes works though but IPv never does so I can never actually get a connection I ve already tried to run the following command prompts as an administrator and a reboot afterwards - netsh int ip reset - netsh winsock reset - ipconfig release and then ipconfig renew The first two were executed successfully but didn t make any difference The ipconfig release and renew prompts got errors stating that the local interface is shut down because of the conflict address IP ip conflict and that the Loopback Pseudo-Interface cannot be found I really don t know what to do anymore it seems that there is some sort of malfunction in the DHCP server that it allocates the same IP address twice Does anyone have any clue what to do nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

I have two XP computers connected to a wired router sharing an internet connection A few days ago seemingly for no reason I got the quot IP address conflict quot error in IP address conflict the trays of the computers I ve searched all over Google and done the things that people said to do such as manually setting the IP address rebooting system restore Nothing has worked I found a link to a thread here with a problem similar to mine that was fixed so I decided to ask for help here Here s what I get when I type ipconfig all Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Owner gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name MOM Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List domain not set invalid Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix domain not set invalid Description VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter Physical Address - -D -B - IP address conflict C- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Saturday February PM Lease Expires Saturday February PM C Documents and Settings Owner gt Here it is IP address conflict from the other computer Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Shawn gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name shawnscomputer Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP IP address conflict Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce MCP Networking Adapter Physical Address -E - -B -F - F Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server C Documents and Settings Shawn gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name shawnscomputer Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix domain not set invalid Description NVIDIA nForce MCP Networking Adapter Physical Address -E - -B -F - F Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Saturday February PM Lease Expires Saturday February PM C Documents and Settings Shawn gt nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

I am receiving an "IP Address Conflict" message every few minutes. I received one a few weeks ago, but didn't think much of it. Now I get disconnected every time it comes up, so I don't want it to continue.

I have a wireless router, 2 ethernet lines run into it (2 computers), and a third wireless connection (3rd computer) uses it.

What might be the problem? I read someone might be using my IP, but because I have 3 computers in the house, I don't know if that's the cause. I've had this setup for about a year and had no problems though.

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi...recently I have started getting a balloon popping up at the bottom of my computer screen saying that it is a windows system error. Then it says something about there being an ip address conflict. Well, i click right click the network icon and it brings up the menu where you can choose repair and it fixes it for a little while, then it does it again. The only other device on this network right now, is my husbands Palm. Could that be doing it? Also I have a westell versalink router. Could you help please? Thank you!

Relevancy 55.47%

Dear All,
Now I'm facing a problem, I have found my computer is conflicting IP address with anothers, but I can't find where it is and I tried to use command PING but It's still can't reach. I'm out ability to find where it is (computer that is conflicted with mine).
Please command me some theory. Is there any tool to find the hidden computer on the netwrok?

Thank forward......

Relevancy 55.04%

I was helping my Father in Law with his computer I was assisted 0xf4035a92 at Rootkit address Detected! Hooked MBR by "C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\cmdguard.sys" by garmanma and he helped to clean the computer Many THANKS I decided to run the same diagnostics on my other computers while I MBR Rootkit Detected! Hooked by "C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\cmdguard.sys" at address 0xf4035a92 was at it reassure myself that all was OK In that process I ran ATF cleaner Dr Web MBAM and SAS MBR Rootkit Detected! Hooked by "C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\cmdguard.sys" at address 0xf4035a92 All showed clean computers Then I ran Root Repeal and really ran into issues I am going to ask for assistance to tackle the issues one computer at a time Here is the first post in the Am I infected forum http www bleepingcomputer com forums t root-repeal-log-help This computer is no longer connected to the internet nor the LAN I will do nothing further with it until I hear from someone here I was told to post the Root Repeal Log and the DDs log so here they are I have also attached the Attach txt from DDS Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated DDS log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Dan Neinas at on Sat Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV COMODO Antivirus On-access scanning enabled Updated A - F - ef -AFC -F E A B FW COMODO Firewall enabled A - F - ef -AFC -F E A B Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cmdagent exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exesvchost exeC Program Files Apache Software Foundation Apache bin httpd exeC Documents and Settings All Users Application Data EPSON EPW SSRP E S RP EXEC Program Files FileZilla Server FileZilla Server exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Macrium Reflect ReflectService exeC WINDOWS system slserv exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exeC Program Files Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter Wireless Network Monitor WLService exeC Program Files Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter Wireless Network Monitor WUSB GC exeC Program Files Apache Software Foundation Apache bin httpd exeC Program Files TeamViewer Version TeamViewer exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cfp exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files Apache Software Foundation Apache bin ApacheMonitor exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Documents and Settings Dan Neinas Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp mail yahoo com BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dllBHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dlluRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exeuRun EPSON PictureMate PM c windows system spool drivers w x e fatibca exe fu c windows temp E S B tmp EF HKCU mRun hplampc c windows system hplampc exemRun FileZilla Server Interface c program files filezilla server FileZilla Server Interface exe mRun HP Software Update c program files hp hp software update HPWuSchd exe mRun COMODO Internet Security c program files comodo comodo internet security cfp exe -hStartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup hpdigi lnk - c program files hp digital imaging bin hpqtra exeStartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup hpimag lnk - c program files hp digital imaging bin hpqthb exeStartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup monito lnk - c program files apache software foundation apache bin ApacheMonitor exeIE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeIE FB F -F - d -B... Read more

A:MBR Rootkit Detected! Hooked by "C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\cmdguard.sys" at address 0xf4035a92

Hello bomber1712Welcome to BleepingComputer Hi that file cmdguard.sys is related to Comodo.==========================Download OTL to your desktop.Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.Under the Standard Registry box change it to All.Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply.===========Download This file. Note its name and save it to your root folder, such as C:\.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security program drivers will not conflict with this file.Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled.Double-click on the downloaded file to start the program. (If running Vista, right click on it and select "Run as an Administrator")Allow the driver to load if asked.You may be prompted to scan immediately if it detects rootkit activity.If you are prompted to scan your system click "Yes" to begin the scan.If not prompted, click the "Rootkit/Malware" tab.On the right-side, all items to be scanned should be checked by default except for "Show All". Leave that box unchecked.Select all drives that are connected to your system to be scanned.Click the Scan button to begin. (Please be patient as it can take some time to complete)When the scan is finished, click Save to save the scan results to your Desktop.Save the file as Results.log and copy/paste the contents in your next reply.Exit the program and re-enable all active protection when done.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/268405/mbr-rootkit-detected-hooked-by-cwindowssystem32driverscmdguardsys-at-address-0xf4035a92/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi my mum s laptop netbook is displaying the following message Another computer on this network has the same IP address as this computer I realize that this is often a general problem hacking? IP indicate Could address conflict that can occur but is there any chance her computer system has been hacked and how would we be able to find out whether this is a possibility If so how could this be done and what could be Could IP address conflict indicate hacking? done about it I know this sounds slightly far fetched but the reason we are asking is that she has very recently come out of a year long relationship with a man who was often paranoid and unstable accusing her of cheating with no rational reason to think so threatening suicide when she had tried to break up with him etc knew some dodgy people and was very computer savvy He had in the past also hidden cameras in the house while they were together and broken into my mum s email claimed that he knew her passwords by watching her type them but my mum is skeptical We are worried about contacting the police as in my area they are renown for not taking enough action before something major happens He is also a prison officer which has helped him get off charges in the past minor incidents such as dangerous driving where other people have been injured and it has been acknowledged that the accidents were his fault he has the same protection as a police officer and is actually friendly with a lot of his past inmates who he has threatened people with in the past I live in the UK if that has any relevance at all nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

hi world. I have a ip address conflict in one of the system in my network,i was able to manage it by ipconfig/release & ipconfig /renew. how can I detect with which system the ip conflict was.Is there any command for that.we can check the physical address of the system in event viewer (id 4199).but how can we find the host name. thx in advance.

Relevancy 55.04%

I just set up our DSL gateway today, and my mother's computer, and mine both work on the network I setup, however, my brother's desktop required us to buy a wireless USB card, so it could detect the network. It can join, but only gets limited connectivity.

It says that there is a conflict with an IP from another computer and to contact the administrator.

All computers running vista.

Thanks

A:There is an IP address conflict with another PC on the network

I'll assume you want a LAN where
you have you one or combination of couple hardware pieces that serve as your DSL modem and router?
You and your mother connnect via cable to the router.
Brother uses wireless to the router..
You probabably have router as DHCP server (i.e. all of your LAN equipment should request their IP addresss from the rouiter) and sounds like one unit is NOT requesting it from router rather then just creating its own

Are you familiar with procedure to logon to router and modify/change settings?

If you need further help will need make/model of router (find a metal tag on it will tell you)

And are you running XP? or Vista? You should also look in the Event Log for the error. See whcih one has the problem (sounds like wireless) and maybe give more data as well. For XP see here

/* EDIT */
Noted this after you fixed your problem and correcting my typo (in red above). Looks like you knew what i meant even tho left off the word NOT

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/there-is-an-ip-address-conflict-with-another-pc-on-the-network.120037/
Relevancy 55.04%

Since last July my network at home has been reporting the IP address conflict at irregular times Sometimes the regularity is over several days and then stops for a month I have checked out the system but can t identify why there should be a conflict as follows Spec Netgear Router on ADSL line since The Status reports LAN connection with DHCP enabled and OK with conflict "There IP an address is another... WAN connection OK showing WAN IP Upstream and Downstream bytes showing activity All PC s on network are WIN XP Home SP and are Socket A and Socket CPUs RJ Network - House Wired by Cable Engineer in - all tested All running Bullguard anti-virus A wireless router is connected to a RJ socket upstairs set up to receive its IP from the Netgear Router to provide a separate wireless network for the kids keep their stuff away from my main pc Their PCs are leased an IP by the Netgear Router Symptoms PCs all working fine on internet then suddenly disconnected each "There is an IP address conflict with another... reporting an IP address conflict with another system on the network Reboot the Router Sometimes this restores internet connection sometimes "There is an IP address conflict with another... not Without warning as quickly as the internet connection breaks it comes back again without any action on my part without touching the router Diagnosis I rang BTelecom several times and spoke to an engineer They carried out a thorough line test up to my socket and reported no fault I tried connecting the Router direct to the main BT socket into the house and this made no difference to the irregular IP conflict I turned off all PCs disconnected the wireless router and "There is an IP address conflict with another... kept my PC connected to the Router - still getting an IP address conflict However while the connection is down I can update virus definitions using Bullguard but not browse the internet or access mail servers I can log in to Router as well The LAN connection is OK I can see others on the network I can see the WAN is working while there is a local IP address conflict I bought a new router with wireless capability but this does not want to make a WAN connection it handshakes with BT local exchange and makes a physical connection with their modem but not show a WAN IP Bizarre I m really becoming paranoid thinking this is more than just a local technical problem Has anyone got any ideas nbsp

A:"There is an IP address conflict with another...

To stop this, hard address (static) all your PC's.

You need to enter the router and limit the range of DHCP addresses it hands out, then hard address your PCs to ip addresses outside this DHCP range.

This should stop any conflicts on the network.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/there-is-an-ip-address-conflict-with-another.914284/
Relevancy 55.04%

Newbie! Using Vista Home Basic. Recently downloaded Firefox at recommendation of computer repair personnel. Twice now I have gotten this message:

"Network Error: Windows has detected an IP address conflict. Contact your network administrator for help resolving this issue. More details are available in the Windows System Event Log."

I connect to the internet via a new Verizon Wi-Fi stick for the 4G network (which we don't have yet).

Could this message be happening because I have both IE and Firefox on my laptop?
I don't even understand the message much.

Thank you if you can help me.

A:IP Address Conflict error

Welcome
This may help
Get help with "There is an IP address conflict" message
If it does not work, turn off IE to be sure there is no conflict (I doubt if this is the problem, however.)
Windows Features

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/292042-ip-address-conflict-error.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I am on a home network with two desktop PCs connected by cat cable and my desktop is connected via wireless. I have received the following message in sys tray. WINDOWS - system error - "There is an address conflict with another system on the network". Cld someone pls tell me briefly what this message is all about. much appreciated.

Relevancy 55.04%

I have a PC that is getting a conflict message. Apparently, another PC on the same subnet is using the same address. Is there a command that will show which PC's are using the same address? I tried nslookup, but it only showed 1 of the PC's at that address. I am trying to hunt down the conflicting PC, but it will be very difficult if I have to do it manually...there are a lot of computers on that subnet, all of which are using static IP addresses.
Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

A:Pinpointing an IP address conflict? How?

SuperScan from FoundStone will scan the subnet and tell you all the IP addresses in use, and the computer name associated with them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pinpointing-an-ip-address-conflict-how.431402/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi all I have a strange IP Address Conflict in my win server which I am unable to resolve IP Conflict ! Strange Address please help me I have Windows server SP installed with Symantec AV Corporate edition Server is not a domain Controller and is not DNS DHCP configured I have NICS one connected to broadband Internet connection ADSL Router which has DHCP enabled I have PCs connected to this LAN and I am using ICS All nodes get IP dinamically But the problem is I am getting IP address conflict message error in win server and Network goes down untli I restart server The network is fine for sometime or some hours and suddenly I get IP conflict error and Internet is down I get this error is server only not in any other system so that I am unable to figure out which systems Strange IP Address Conflict ! is giving problems NIC is directly Strange IP Address Conflict ! connected to ADSL router and router IP is NIC address is NIC has automatically got when I checked Internet connction sharing All nodes connected are configured to take IP dinamically Please help me in this issue nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

I m having a strange problem using my IPSec client I m connect via FE or Wifi using DHCP or static and try to establish an IPSec tunnel using a Lucent client While the client does all the negotiating etc and sets up I can see that the client assigned second IP address shows up on the interface and immediately is dropped again Eventviewer logs an IP address conflict IPSec conflict second address IP for the client IP showing the MAC address of whatever router I m connected to Looking at the ARP table only shows the correct primary and secondary IP address for GW interface This drives me nuts I already reinstalled the client TCP IP and Winsock stack NIC drivers and even performed a XP pro repair install Problem persists Somehow it seems that my system maps its IPSec IP onto the GW interface but I cannot find any evidence neither in IPSec second IP address conflict ARP nor the Routing Table Any ideas OS XP pro IPSec Lucent nbsp

A:IPSec second IP address conflict

Is your oruter in a NAT mode?
If it is you will probably have to have NAT IPSEC pass through enabled.
Where are you trying to connect to? Concetrator? another vpn client?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ipsec-second-ip-address-conflict.440758/
Relevancy 55.04%

i did a diagnosis with gamebooster and this came up - Event Log ---------------------------------- - Time address IP conflict found PM - Source Bonjour Service - Description Local Hostname Home-HP- local already in use will try Home-HP- local instead - Time PM - Source Bonjour Service - Description mDNSCoreReceiveResponse ProbeCount will rename Home-HP- local Addr - Time PM - Source Bonjour Service - Description mDNSCoreReceiveResponse Received from Home-HP- local Addr - Time PM - Source Bonjour Service - Description ResolveSimultaneousProbe Our Record won IP address conflict found FC A CE Home-HP- local AAAA FE E B ACC CC A - Time PM - Source Bonjour Service - Description ResolveSimultaneousProbe Pkt Record E Home-HP- local Addr - Time PM - Source Bonjour Service - Description ResolveSimultaneousProbe Our Record won Home-HP- local Addr - Time PM - Source Bonjour Service - Description ResolveSimultaneousProbe Pkt Record E Home-HP- local Addr - Time PM - Source Bonjour Service - Description ResolveSimultaneousProbe Our Record won FC A CE Home-HP- local AAAA FE E B ACC CC A - Time PM - Source Bonjour Service - Description ResolveSimultaneousProbe Pkt Record E Home-HP- local Addr - Time PM - Source Bonjour Service - Description ResolveSimultaneousProbe Our Record won Home-HP- local Addr - Time PM - Source NetBT - Description The name quot HOME-HP quot could not be registered on the interface with IP address The computer with the IP address did not allow the name to be claimed by this computer - Time PM - Source Tcpip - Description The system detected an address conflict for IP address with the system having network hardware address -EA- A-C - F-F Network operations on this system may be disrupted as a result - Time PM - Source Server - Description The server could not bind to the transport Device NetBT Tcpip BB A - DF - DCA-AF C- D AC C AA because another computer on the network has the same name The server could not start - Time PM - Source NetBT - Description The name quot HOME-HP quot could not be registered on the interface with IP address The computer with the IP address did not allow the name to be claimed by this computer - Time PM - Source NetBT - Description The name quot HOME-HP quot could not be registered on the interface with IP address The computer with the IP address did not allow the name to be claimed by this computer - Time PM - Source Server - Description The server could not bind to the transport Device NetBT Tcpip BB A - DF - DCA-AF C- D AC C AA because another computer on the network has the same name The server could not start - Time PM - Source Tcpip - Description The system detected an address conflict for IP address with the system having network hardware address -EA- A-C - F-F Network operations on this system may be disrupted as a result ---------------------------------- End of file - Bytes nbsp

A:IP address conflict found

this kind of error is frequently caused by malconfiguration of a static IP address.

First start by making ALL systems attached to your router use DHCP. This will ensure
that the conflict can not occur

Now IF you need a static address, then use the Address Reservation feature in the router;
You need the MAC address of the system to have a static IP address,
to restrict the DHCP range to a small set of numbers, say 2-20, and
the Reserver systemX to an IP address like x.30 (ie above the DHCP range).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ip-address-conflict-found.173846/
Relevancy 55.04%

I am not a very tech savvy person and any help would be greatly appreciated Yesterday my internet stopped working I haven t installed anything new Nothing has changed address conflict. IP Solved: about my computer whatsoever but suddenly my computer can t connect to the wireless My roommate s computer and my cell phone are both doing fine connecting to our wireless Only my laptop is having problems Solved: IP address conflict. Let me list all the things I ve tried so far Restarting the router Did it two or three times to no avail The ipconfig release and ipconfig renew thing No luck Disabled Windows Firewall Made no difference Called Comcast the company we get wireless from They told me they weren t authorized to give tech support Plugged in via ethernet I can get internet this way but not through the wireless Right now the wireless indicator on the bottom right of the screen keeps flickering back and forth between quot internet quot and quot no internet access quot but never stays on quot internet quot long enough for me to get any use out of the wireless ---- HJT looks like this Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C Program Files x BitTorrent bittorrent exe C Users Zoe AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Zoe AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Zoe AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Zoe AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Zoe AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Zoe AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Zoe AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Zoe AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Zoe AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows SysWOW rundll exe C Users Zoe AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Zoe AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Zoe Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com USCON R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http search babylon com affID fbb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook BitTorrentBar Toolbar - c f aa-f f- c- f e-b d a - C Program Files x BitTorrentBar prxtbBitT dll F - REG system ini UserInit C Windows system userinit exe O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Increase performance and video formats for your HTML lt video gt - E D- - FD- C - A F - C Program Files x DivX DivX Plus Web Player ie DivXHTML DivXHTML dll O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C... Read more

Relevancy 55.04%

I've been using my laptop at home w/ a wireless network for a couple of years now, but recently, I've been getting this message saying "Windows - System Error. There is an IP address conflict with another system on the network." I then get disconnected and have to reconnect manually to access the internet. Any ideas why and how to fix?

Relevancy 55.04%

hello i was wondering if anybody can help,i keep getting a message on my laptop saying ip address conflict with another system on the network and my laptop keeps disconnecting from the internet,also when my son tries to use his laptop and xbox live at the same time they both disconnect he can only use one or the other,im on sky unlimited so i contacted them but they couldnt help me any help would be appreciated,both laptops and xbox are wireless

A:ip address conflict pc's/xbox

I suspect you have a fixed IP set up and are not using DHCP

can you label and post back and ipconfig /all for each machine

for the xbox - can you go into the network settigns and post the IP information here

{ipconfig /all}
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all

-> Start > run {search bar in Vista} > cmd > ipconfig /all
post back the results here
TWO Methods to do that - if you cannot access the internet with PC, then use method 2 to copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Method ONE -------------------------------------------------------------
start > run {search bar in Vista} > cmd > ipconfig /all

rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Method TWO -------------------------------------------------------------

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

IPCONFIG /ALL >C:\RESULT.TXT

Open C:\RESULT.TXT with Notepad and copy/paste the entire results here.

--------------------

you may have to copy into notepad and copy onto the working machine - if you cannot get on the internet from all machines

make and model of the modem/router etc

how are connected by cable / wireless or combination of both

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ip-address-conflict-pcs-xbox.892012/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello,

I have a Linksys WRT54G wireless router along with a linksys WUSB54G adapter on my Windows 98SE machine. I also have an XP.

I just installed the wireless adapter software on my 98SE and it connects to the router but it can't get an internet connection.

When the adapter tries to connect, there is a little yellow icon in my task tray on the XP telling me that there is an IP address conflict with a system on the network. How in the world do I fix this? Please help.

Relevancy 55.04%

I have Windows XP and use a wireless router. Every once in a while the following Error Message will pop up: There is an IP address conflict with another system on the network. Can someone let me know what this means please?

Thanks much.

A:IP Address Conflict Error?

For windows XP.
One of your computers probably has internet connection sharing enabled.
Go to start/control panel and run the network setup wizard on each computer.
Select this computer connects through a LAN or residetial gateway.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ip-address-conflict-error.669634/
Relevancy 55.04%

I got back onto my afk computer and there was an error: "Windows has detected an IP address conflict. Another computer on this network has the same IP address as this computer" This happened on all the computers throughout the house except for the one connected to the router through a cable.

I'm sort of glad this happened because I learned a lot from it. Now I know how to configure a wireless router

Anyway, my question is.. this happened to every computer in the house that was wireless to the router.. what might have caused this.

Relevancy 55.04%

i dont remember exactly what it said, but i got one of those windows update popup things in the bottom right, and it says something about an IP address conflict with another system on your network.
anyone know what this is?
thanks
once it comes up again ill take a pic. of it

Relevancy 54.18%

i have this problem in my laptop's connection.
my internet connection turns on and off most of the time
and i guess the problem is the DCHP is the problem

please help.

A:IP address conflict with another system on network.

Hello,

You will need to logon to your modem or router's setting and verify that you have enough DHCP or IPs reserved to distribute in your network. If this is not the case, you may do the IP release and renew command.
http://dhcprenewrelease.blogspot.com...-and-type.html

If the above suggestion didnt help, then a Power Cycle might help.
http://howtopowercycle.blogspot.com/

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/219641-ip-address-conflict-another-system-network.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Well after going berserker with my internet i found this place (looks awesome) So to get to the problem i have a UMTS card and in the last 2 months its steadily getting slower and keeps on stoping (not disconnecting) while watching movies! So first I thought it had something to do with the stick and sent it in! well same problem and something I forgot to mention is that it sometimes, like every days once or twice gives me the error IP Address conflict! so if anybody has any idea what to do please let me know and well I am not bad with computers but keep the language easy thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ip-address-conflict-with-umts-card.967243/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I have a Netgear DG PN Router Connected to Router conflict IP Netgear with address it usually are - laptops XP Vista wirelessly a Xbox and Win PC via cables a wireless printer and often an iPod touch however PS s mobile IP address conflict with Netgear Router phones etc are connected occasionally It had been functionally normally until we changed ISP after ours was taken over we didn t change but the provider obviously now has However since then st Feb we ve been having connection issues probably an IP address conflict where items can access the router but not the internet The iPod and Xbox sometimes don t connect as do the laptops often after been powered up from a sleep Yesterday when powering up one of the laptops I got an IP address conflict message Restarting the router sometimes helps but mostly it allows one device on and not another The printer has a static IP address that I had to set up to get it working but this has been active for months now without issue I ve had a look in the router settings and it s set up for DHCP as default with IP addresses from to so I don t understand why it has this issue suddenly I had a look at the connected devices list and everything appeared to have its own IP address Could it be the change in the ISP thanks for any help nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

I have a laptop running xp on a home network using cisco-linksys wrt310n router. A couple months ago I added another laptop running win7 to the network, and since then I have been getting ip address conflict errors once or twice a day. Both machines are set to obtain ip address automatically. What other configuration settings should I check to troubleshoot this issue?

A:ip address conflict, random occurances

if they are setup for automatic IP assignment - then they should be OK

do you have any other devices on the router?

how are the pcs connected - wireless or by cable to the router?

can we see an ipconfig /all from one of the machines when connected

it maybe worth updating the drivers on both PC - we would need to know make and exact model of each machine and which windows was running - and would like to see an ipconfig /all from both the machines - make sure we know which is which

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the infomation above those entries

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

For Windows 8
to open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.

This should work for all windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

then type CMD

then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ip-address-conflict-random-occurances.1093412/
Relevancy 54.18%

What would be the best? I built my network myself and there are no known IP conflicts.

So, some type of network scanner to see what mac is using what IP..

A:Need utility to find where IP address conflict is.

Is this not available in the "attached devices" in your router ? - the table below shows mine with fixed IPs but even with DHCP anything connected to the router should show the IPs and MAC addresses.
Attached Devices
IP Address Device Name MAC Address
1 192.168.0.40 SHAW3 00:17:C4:AB:E8:49
2 192.168.0.50 SHAW2 20:7C:8F:2D1:3C
3 192.168.0.60 UNKNOWN 00:24:8D:F2:EE:53

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/212873-need-utility-find-where-ip-address-conflict.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi Everyone I had a very strange issue when setting up a DHCP reservation on my router Whilst attempting -a MAC address with conflict resolved arp (wireless) the setup my Windows computer was reporting one MAC address both under MAC address conflict (wireless) resolved with arp -a ipconfig amp through a program called Change MAC Address and my router was reporting another and NO there weren't other wireless devices connected to the router which I was not aware of I Googled the subject naturally and didn't come up with much - however by shear luck I did stumble across a solution - this is what I did Opened MAC address conflict (wireless) resolved with arp -a a command prompt Typed quot arp -a quot minus the double talking marks and hit enter Opened Control Panel -- gt Network amp Sharing Center -- gt Change Adaptor Settings Right clicked on Wi-Fi Adapter amp selected properties MAC address conflict (wireless) resolved with arp -a Double clicked quot Internet Protocol Version TCP IPv quot At this point another Properties dialog box opens Clicked on OK didn't change any of the values Clicked on OK again didn't change any values Ran the quot arp -a quot command again Rebooted the Wireless Router amp the computer I did attempt various reboot combinations with the Wireless Router and the laptop before running the quot arp -a quot command as stated above however these efforts didn't prove fruitful I hope that this helps somebody else out there on the web Kind Regards Davo

A:MAC address conflict (wireless) resolved with arp -a

Arp command

Code:
-a Displays current ARP entries by interrogating the current
protocol data. If inet_addr is specified, the IP and Physical
addresses for only the specified computer are displayed. If
more than one network interface uses ARP, entries for each ARP
table are displayed.

-g Same as -a.
I'm curious why you think arp -a fixed your issue.

Did you use the change mac progran before this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/276286-mac-address-conflict-wireless-resolved-arp.html
Relevancy 54.18%

So my setup I Bridged IP Conflict Network Address have my Toshiba Laptop running Windows setup with a bridged network connection Out Bridged Network IP Address Conflict of the Ethernet port on my laptop I m running a cable to my desktop desktop runs Windows Home Premium When I bridge the connections my desktop pops up a message saying quot Network Error Windows has detected an IP address conflict Another computer on this Bridged Network IP Address Conflict network has the same IP address as this computer Contact your network administrator for help resolving this issue More details are available in the Windows System event log quot When it comes to actually accessing the internet my laptop does just fine but the main issue my desktop has no internet access It is my hope that I can actually fix that A few Bridged Network IP Address Conflict other things to note as well at one point my bridged network worked just fine Probably weeks ago was the first time I setup the bridged network and it was working just fine Then about a week ago I went on a little vacation and I decided to bring my whole setup with me When I got there I set everything up and my bridged network worked just fine absolutely no issues I eventually left and came home yesterday set everything up and now the bridged network is no longer working I ve spent maybe or hours trying to tinker with the issue but with no avail And now I m looking for some outside help From what I can tell ipconfig all provides a good deal of information so I ll be sending that your way Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users senra gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Repmokk-pc Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Home Ethernet adapter Network Bridge Connection-specific DNS Suffix Home Description Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Driver Physical Address - C-FA- - - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e d aba e be Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday August PM Lease Expires Friday August AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -E - - - - C-FA- - - A DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address -DB- - - - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Bridged Network IP Address Conflict

Something else that a lot of people bring up as a solution to this issue, I have gone through the process of using the commands "ipconfig/release, and ipconfig/renew" on both computers. I even moved my desktop next to my modem and plug it into the modem's Ethernet port. I'm pretty sure it worked as it showed a different IP, though after unplugging my desktop and moving it back I still got the IP address conflict error.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bridged-network-ip-address-conflict.1154139/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi Everyone I had resolved conflict with arp (wireless) address MAC -a a very strange issue when setting up a DHCP reservation on my router Whilst attempting the setup my Windows computer was reporting one MAC address both under ipconfig amp through a program called Change MAC Address and my router was reporting another and NO there weren t other wireless devices connected to MAC address conflict (wireless) resolved with arp -a the router which I was not aware of I Googled the subject naturally and didn t come up with much - however by shear luck I did stumble across a solution - this is what I did Opened a command prompt Typed quot arp -a quot minus the double talking marks and hit enter Opened Control Panel -- gt Network amp Sharing Center -- gt Change Adaptor Settings Right clicked on Wi-Fi Adapter amp selected properties Double clicked quot Internet Protocol Version TCP IPv quot At this point another Properties dialog box opens Clicked on OK didn t change any of the values Clicked on OK again didn t change any values Ran the quot arp -a quot command again Rebooted the Wireless Router amp the computer I did attempt various reboot combinations with the Wireless Router and the laptop before running the quot arp -a quot command as stated above however these efforts didn t prove fruitful I hope that this helps somebody else out there on the web Kind Regards Davo nbsp

A:MAC address conflict (wireless) resolved with arp -a

Davo,

What kind of router do you have? I think if you do not understand the arp -a command is only for display and cannot be used for configuration.

The arp -a IP address - MAC address binding.

If you have a small scale routers, i do not think you can create and IP address to MAC Address binding on them.

Thanks
NT2IE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mac-address-conflict-wireless-resolved-with-arp-a.1087483/