Windows Support Forum

Win7 Pro 64bit Upgrade Key w/ Prem 32bit Upgrade Disk

Q: Win7 Pro 64bit Upgrade Key w/ Prem 32bit Upgrade Disk

To avoid the Student Win 7 hassle (upgrading Vista 32 to Win 7 Pro 64 bit ISO burn, etc), can I simply use the Home Prem 32 Upgrade (for my other computer) arriving this afternoon with my 64bit Pro upgrade key & end up with the 64bit Pro installation?

Thanks.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Win7 Pro 64bit Upgrade Key w/ Prem 32bit Upgrade Disk

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Win7 Pro 64bit Upgrade Key w/ Prem 32bit Upgrade Disk

No... you can only update to the same version that you have installed... Home to Home... etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/30556-win7-pro-64bit-upgrade-key-w-prem-32bit-upgrade-disk.html
Relevancy 85.25%

Bought a used HP EliteDesk G PC It's a Quad Core i with a 64bit 32bit Win7 PC on new to upgrade Gb of RAM It presently has Win bit I was told it originally came from HP with Win Not sure what version It did not have a COA sticker and the seller CS student gave Win7 32bit upgrade to 64bit on a new PC me one he had lying around since I complained I have other Win machines so I know they don't come with a COA Couple of questions since I want to upgrade to Win bit Using a key checker I see a Win key not the one he gave me and the UEFI quot key quot Is Win7 32bit upgrade to 64bit on a new PC the UEFI quot key quot useful for anything Should I try to use the Win key that the key checker found or the one on the COA he gave me I have loaded Win many times to repair or upgrade a PC and have all the versions I have not installed Win on a machine with UEFI so I want to be careful before I start I have no problem wiping the data on the disk if that eases the install

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/394225-win7-32bit-upgrade-64bit-new-pc.html
Relevancy 85.25%

Hi!
I don?t understand why it?s not possible to upgrade from 32 to 64, or maybe there is a whay to do it and I?m just not informed enough?I?m using win7 proffesional 32 bit (or better, I get more and more used to work with linux(64bit) instead of Win.) and I would like to upgrade to Windows10 64bit . With my newer, stronger computer it is funny to keep using 32bit but I also know that I?m not going to buy win10, my hope is to be able to upgrade from win7 32 to win10 64bit, is there a way to do it?
Thanks
S.

A:Upgrade from win7 32bit to win 10 64bit???

I'm not sure if there is a definitive upgrade process released as of yet, but when changing platforms, you've always needed to do a clean install. That being said, it's an easy process if you plan ahead.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/66740-upgrade-win7-32bit-win-10-64bit.html
Relevancy 84.63%

Hello I have purchased and downloaded both bit and bit Windows Professional no CDs or media here only download version I sucessfully upgraded from Vista to Win Then I upgrade (32bit) error Win7 Win7 (64bit) to install upgraded my hard disk Gb GB and RAM GB to to GB Now I would like to go from Win bit to bit When I try and run the Win -P-retail-en-us x exe file it upacks the box then stops with this error quot We are unable to create or save files in the folder in which this application was downloaded Please check the folder properties to make sure that you have security permission on the folder to write flies and that that folder is not read only quot I am the System Admin and I have full rights and have moved the exe and the setup box files to My Documentsand I have modified the directory properties attributes but I still get the same error over and over I searched the posts and some people stated one needs a clean install others say you can upgrade from any version so I am trying the upgrade here especially since the upgrade from Vista to Win was smooth and did require all the extra work of a reinstall Can someone help me here Thanks

A:Win7 (32bit) to Win7 (64bit) upgrade install error

I believe to go from 32-bit to 64-bit, you will have to boot off the DVD. The installer is a 64 bit application that won't run under 32-bit. Find instructions to create a DVD if you don't already have it.

Good luck!

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/36858-win7-32bit-win7-64bit-upgrade-install-error.html
Relevancy 84.32%

I know now that it cant be done Anyway this is where Im at I got a new machine at Christmas it has a TB hard drive intel processor g video card cant remember what else and I cant get into it to tell you but its is definitely able to run the bit version of win It came without an OS and as I already had a guenuine copy of win that was fine However being a bit of a noob I loaded the bit version and not the bit version Today I decided to load the bit version yes i now know that it cant be to to (doh) 32bit needed, upgrade help from tried 64bit win7 done as a simple upgrade im kicking myself It started to load but now help needed, tried to upgrade from 32bit win7 to 64bit (doh) it is stuck at a command prompt screen If i reboot i just get the command prompt screen If i try to go back to loading from the windows vista disk all i get is the command prompt screen I can open the registry and it looks like the previous bit version has been cleared but the bit version has not loaded I think it has cleared the bit version but not loaded the bit version I did think of just formatting the c drive but i cant remember the name of the partitions The C drive was partitioned to have windows on one and my data on the other I dont mind formatting because i backed up most stuff i would have needed just have to download drivers again for the Graphic card or just a horrible thought would i need drivers for the motherboard and other hardware Basically I am stuck and my beautiful gaming machine is flooked

A:help needed, tried to upgrade from 32bit win7 to 64bit (doh)

If all of your data is backed up, you should be able to boot from the Windows 7 disk, wipe all partitions, and reinstall Windows to a single C partition. Make sure only one hard drive is connected when you start.

But first a few questions:

You mention the PC came with no OS and then you mention Vista. What does Vista have to do with this? I assume you want Windows 7, not Vista.

Do you have a valid 25 character Windows 7 Product Key?

Is your Windows 7 installation disc a retail version?

Is it a full version or an upgrade version?

Have you set the BIOS to boot from the DVD drive first?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/229718-help-needed-tried-upgrade-32bit-win7-64bit-doh.html
Relevancy 84.32%

I go to Win8? 32bit Pro or to Upgrade 64bit Win7 have Upgrade Win7 Pro 32bit to 64bit or go to Win8? an aging system Win Pro bit I would like to upgrade to Upgrade Win7 Pro 32bit to 64bit or go to Win8? bit Upgrade Win7 Pro 32bit to 64bit or go to Win8? in order to be able to use more ram and other benefits Trying to decide whether to go to Win or Win Pro bit I have some favorite programs that run on the bit system and may not run on bit As I understand it I may be able to run these bit porgrams on a bit machine I am not a total newbie but have not been keeping up on new technology since so I am asking for advice I have a computer tech who can help My tech friend is advising NOT to go to Win He says that he would not recommend this OS until at least two years time has passed since it's introduction so MS has time to work out bugs I am also just upgrading a desktop and have no touch screen I want my new system to be a media center some graphics and some light video work I have bought Asus AMD FX Atx DIMM DDR TUF Sabertooth MOBO ASUS - SABERTOOTH FX AMD FX - EIGHT-CORE GHZ MB w AM CPU AMD FD FRHKBOX FX- Eight-Core GHz AM Processor - AM Eight-Core GHz MB W Unlocked at TigerDirect com Kingston GB MHz - - DDR HyperX Red thinking about getting another gb and upping my ram to gb HyperX red Kingston Technology I will be using my current Silverstone watt power supply hard disks case and DVD drives Have a AMD Radeon video card Some more questions If I upgrade to Win bit while changing hardware what is the procedure for getting MS to recognize this change I have a leagl copy of Win Pro bit Is there any real advantage to go to Win How can keep the ability to run present bit software Thanks for your help Bill

A:Upgrade Win7 Pro 32bit to 64bit or go to Win8?

Hello Bill and welcome to Seven Forums. Lots of questions and I have no definitive answers for you. Just some personal opinion and others may totally disagree.

I have very limited experience with Windows 8. I played around with the Beta (consumer preview) for about 2 months and I didn't like it. To me it felt like a lot of the functionality I was used to in Windows 7 (and Windows XP before that) was missing. Now don't get me wrong. I think the basic underlying operating system is good. It booted up faster than 7, it has better security, and for about $5.00 you can buy something called Start8 from Stardock that makes Windows 8 look and feel like Windows 7. It even brings back the start button and start menu. But it still felt like I was trying to use a touch operating system on a non-touch computer.

The first thing I'd ask myself is: if I really want to keep the Windows 7 look and feel, why would I bother getting Windows 8 only to make it look and feel like 7? Why not just stay with 7? On the other hand, if I had to replace a broken or aging machine, then I probably would go with 8. But it sounds like your machine has the chops to stay around for a while and it doesn't sound like you have any immediate or pressing need to replace your computer.

Upgrading from 32-bit to 64-bit will require a clean install. You'll need to backup all your personal data. But you can use the same 25-digit Product Key to activate the 64-bit 7 Pro as you used to activate the 32-bit 7 Pro. You can flip-flop between 32-bit and 64-bit as many times as you want on the same version and as long as only one is activated at a time.

The installer should find most of the necessary drivers automatically. But since you are using 7 Pro you will have available XP Mode which should take care of any compatibility issues. Or you could use a different free virtual machine like VMware Player.

Hope this gives you some food for thought.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/283681-upgrade-win7-pro-32bit-64bit-go-win8.html
Relevancy 84.32%

I have a 64 bit windows 7 upgrade disc, and no Vista installation disk. I do have a valid cd-key that came with the 64bit Vista operating system. I was looking for a CD image to download since like all laptops they give you the crappy restore disk that add bundled software you don't want and take forever to load.

So to sum it all up, upgrade from 32 bit Vista to 64 bit Windows 7 possible??

My Vista cd-key is for Vista Home Premium

A:Upgrade from 32bit vista to 64bit win7 possible?

If vista is still on your pc then you can clean install the upgrade 7 disk. The installer will see the old os and allow the clean install. Hope this helps you with your problem.
Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/102263-upgrade-32bit-vista-64bit-win7-possible.html
Relevancy 84.32%

I have windows 7 32 bit installed on 2 separate drives (dual boot).
On one of the drives I want to install Windows 8, but want to use the 64 bit version to see if it runs a particular programme better taking advantage of more memory.

According to MS upgrading using the Install Assistant or Advisor will not upgrade 32bit to 64bit so I cannot upgrade at the lower price and have to buy the full install cd.

Is this actually the case, or is there any work around that will allow me to download and install the Win8 64bit upgrade at the lower price

A:Upgrade Win7 32Bit to Win8 64bit

When downloading the upgrade you need to

Information

If you need to download 32bit Windows 8, download from a 32bit PC.
If you need to download 64bit Windows 8, download from a 64bit PC.

Clean Install with Windows 8 Upgrade

You will need to wipe the partition first to upgrade from x32 to x64.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/14524-upgrade-win7-32bit-win8-64bit.html
Relevancy 83.7%

Hi,
I'm presently running Win7 Pro 32bit on an Intel Core2Duo 2.4Ghz 775 socket.

I've just purchased a i5 760 processor, an Intel H55 chipset Mobo, and 8GB of ram.

My copy of Win7 Pro 32bit was acquired through the college I was attending.
I have the installation disk and the license number.

When I reinstall Win7 Pro on my new set up, what do I need to do to make it a 64bit install?

I plan to use to the same installation disk and license number.

thanks
Mitch

A:upgrade from win7 pro 32bit to win7 pro 64bit with same licence

You will need the 64-bit DVD for a clean install
Clean Install Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/133709-upgrade-win7-pro-32bit-win7-pro-64bit-same-licence.html
Relevancy 82.46%

Looks like clean installing windows 7 on the drive you want with the upgrade disk is possible but during a clean installation is there a choice to install the 32bit or 64bit version

A:can I choose 32bit or 64bit with upgrade disk?

Quote: Originally Posted by bbaction101

Looks like clean installing windows 7 on the drive you want with the upgrade disk is possible but during a clean installation is there a choice to install the 32bit or 64bit version

What did you buy?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/31035-can-i-choose-32bit-64bit-upgrade-disk.html
Relevancy 82.46%

Trying to clean install from Vista 32bit to Win7 64bit both Home Premium. I put the Win 7 DVD in the tray, shut down the computer, restarted with hard button and nothing happened. It rebooted into Vista. Opened DVD drive and double clicked on setup.exe and got the following message "The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program and then contact the software publisher."
How do I get Windows 7 to install?

A:Trying to upgrade from Vista 32bit to Win7 64bit both Home Premium

You'll need to select the DVD drive as the boot option in BIOS. Read through Clean Install Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/370909-trying-upgrade-vista-32bit-win7-64bit-both-home-premium.html
Relevancy 82.15%

I am trying to upgrade from Win bit to Win bit A tech instalked a new HDD for me and put Win bit on it I have another drive that has Win bit on it that I would like to put Win bit on I have the new bit Win7 win7 from upgrade 64bit 32bit to cd and can read directions I just have no directions to tell me how to do it The HDD I want to install on has been formatted Win bit however there is nothing on it of value now so I am ready to do this thing I have read the directions on how to do a clean install but have no way to know if this would be classed as a clean install I may not be the brightest bulb upgrade from win7 32bit to Win7 64bit on the tree but I am very careful It's been a few years since I've had the hood up on a computer but I do know my way around inside even know what some of those things are in upgrade from win7 32bit to Win7 64bit there If there is some one out there that can set me on the right road to do this thing I will certainly appreciate it Thanks DonS

A:upgrade from win7 32bit to Win7 64bit

Hello Don, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Is this going to be installed in another computer, or are you having both hard drives in your current computer to dual boot?

Do you have separate product key number for the second installation?

If it's going to be installed on a separate computer and you have a second key to activate with, then yeah you could do a clean install with it like in the tutorial below.

Clean Install Windows 7

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/327289-upgrade-win7-32bit-win7-64bit.html
Relevancy 80.6%

From what I understand, you can't convert Vista 64bit to 32bit, it requires a clean installation. So with that said, if I have a computer with Vista Home Premium 64bit SP1 disk and then a Windows Vista Ultimate upgrade disk, with both 64 bit and 32bit, how can I convert it to 32bit?

A:Converting Vista 64bit with 32bit Ultimate Upgrade Disk

I would think your only options is a clean install.
http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/winvista_upgrade_clean.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/converting-vista-64bit-with-32bit-ultimate-upgrade-disk.806607/
Relevancy 108.36%

I bought a Win 7 Professional upgrade disk at retail and want to use it to upgrade a new computer that has Win 7 Home Professional installed. The installation stopped and I was directed to use Windows Anytime Upgrade to do the job. Microsoft expects me to purchase a key in order to perform the upgrade. Can I ignore this and use the disk I have? If so, what's the procedure?

A:Upgrade Win 7 home prem to professional using upgrade disk

Welcome!

You should be able to use Anytime Upgrade to do that...just give it the product key on the Upgrade package.

You will not be able to do an in-place upgrade from the disc, to the best of my knowledge.

If you would prefer to do a clean install, try this tutorial: Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/97310-upgrade-win-7-home-prem-professional-using-upgrade-disk.html
Relevancy 106.21%

Is it possible to upgrade in place from win7 32bit to win7 64bit.

Is it better to do a clean new 64bit install?

thank-you!

A:upgrade win7 32bit to win7 64bit "in place" ?

A fresh install is your only option

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/32850-upgrade-win7-32bit-win7-64bit-place.html
Relevancy 104.92%

Hi I have w pro bit but need to take advantage of more memory so want to upgrade to ultimate bit I'm a student and have seen that I can get an upgrade to ultimate bit but it says that I cannot do this from w at all but can do it from vista business - as per ult 32bit to to upgrade w7 upgrade 7 64bit- path? w7 but have want below link Windows Ultimate Microsoft Windows Ultimate -bit edition Do you know this to be the case I have a vista busines recovery disc have w7 32bit but want to upgrade to w7 ult 7 64bit- upgrade path? but have w7 32bit but want to upgrade to w7 ult 7 64bit- upgrade path? am unsure if this will actually install have w7 32bit but want to upgrade to w7 ult 7 64bit- upgrade path? the vista os on my notebook I have all data that I need backed up on a USB removable hdd so not bothered if it's a clean install I really need to do this legitimately as the reason I need to upgrade is so that I can install and run virtual machines to do a microsoft course quite ironic and would get found out immediately if I didn't choose the correct way to do it Any advise would be great - Thanks in advance

A:have w7 32bit but want to upgrade to w7 ult 7 64bit- upgrade path?

You can only do a 64 bit In-Place Upgrade from 64 bit Vista. You will need to do a clean install.

Did the notebook come with Windows7?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/211680-have-w7-32bit-but-want-upgrade-w7-ult-7-64bit-upgrade-path.html
Relevancy 100.19%

I have two 500 GB HDDs, and I installed Windows 7 64bit on one, and 32 bit on the other. When im in my 64 bit OS, I can't access my 32 bit HDD. When im in the 32 bit OS I CAN access the 64bit HDD.
From 32 bit I can access
32bit HDD
64bit HDD

From 64 bit OS i can access
64bit HDD
Why is this?

Relevancy 96.75%

how can i upgrade my 32bit into 64bit? please help me

A:How can i upgrade my 32bit into 64bit? please help me

Hello Unsaman, and welcome to Vista Forums.

Sorry, but you cannot upgrade from 32-bit to 64-bit. You will only be able to do a clean install instead.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/280276-how-can-i-upgrade-my-32bit-into-64bit-please-help-me.html
Relevancy 96.75%

I've windows 7 Pro installed on my PC, i bought the upgrade through MS for about ?25?? can't remember the correct cost.
anyway, my Win7 install is 32bit and the i downloaded the setup file from MS and got my key in an email, just wondering will the upgrade be just for 32bit or will it also work for 64bit
I'll clean install when i do end up doing it.

A:Upgrade to Win 8 32bit to 64bit

I do believe the way it works is if the PC you downloaded it on is running 32 bit Windows, your setup file(s) will be 32 bit. To get the 64 bit version you have to download from a PC running 64 bit Windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/314418-upgrade-win-8-32bit-64bit.html
Relevancy 96.75%

Hi everyone, this is my 1st post so please bear with me on this one.

I had Vista on my PC and upgraded to Win7 32bit via the Retail Upgrade version of Win7 Home Premium (which contains both 32bit &64bit upgrade discs).
I want to now do a clean install to Win7 64bit, can I use the 64bit upgrade disc supplied with the Retail version I already have or do I have to purchase a full version of Win7 64bit ?
Also, is there any foreseeable problems I might encounter on the way ?
Thanks
Graham

A:What is the best way to Upgrade from Win 7 32bit to 64bit ?

Of course you can use that disc. you bought it, its yours. You can use that disc over and over again, and it also has some nice features for repairing a computer. Anyways yes you can use the 64 bit disc in a clean install, just make sure you used the same license key you used on the 32 bit version. Also the both have to be the same product type, for example:
home premium 32bit= home premium 64 bit
ultimate 32 bit = ultimate 64 bit
You can't go from your home premium 32 bit = your new ultimate 64 bit.
Must be the original product type, and product key. Just insert disc, the same key and clean install. Good luck
And there shouldn't be any problems, unfortunately you will lose everything, so backup important data.
If problems do arise, in which they shouldn't then feel free to post back on seven forums.

Edit: this may help : Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version
*also if you find a windows.old folder on your new version, and it contains files you don't want Then open disk cleanup and you must chose system files select all, and this will rid of it.*

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/251670-what-best-way-upgrade-win-7-32bit-64bit.html
Relevancy 96.75%

I am already using windows 7 32bit but I want to upgrade to 64bit of windows 7 I have the disks but I am really stuck on how to do it.
Any help would be much appreciated

A:How to upgrade from a 32bit to a 64bit?

Is this retail Win7 or did it come pre-installed on your computer?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/220798-how-upgrade-32bit-64bit.html
Relevancy 96.75%

I'd like to put a whole heap of memory into my machine as photoshop keeps crawling to a halt while using the pagefile.
Is there such a thing as a 32 to 64 bit upgrade pack? Is there a list of common software I won't be able to use on the 64bit platform?

A:32bit to 64bit upgrade?

Why or how do you know that photoshop is using the page file? How much?

How much RAM did you add?

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/32bit-to-64bit-upgrade-290597.html
Relevancy 96.75%

Hi ... I finally got Vista . I'm curious to know whether its true you can install the 32 bit version and if later on I wanted to install the 64 bit version ( Upgrade ) I could with the same license keys ? Or do I need to purchase new keys for 64 bit ? I'm not sure which to install as of yet and if I could do as I'm asking then I will probably go with the 32 bit . I'm stuck here any suggestions ? Thanks

Relevancy 96.75%

Hi,
I wanted to ask if there's an option to upgrade windows 7 32bit to windwos 7 64bit.

Currently i got windows 7 32bit
and I'm not happy with him not showing all my 4GB Ram.

Thanks ahead,
Ben.

A:Upgrade from 32bit to 64bit

Hello Ben, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Sorry, but you can only do a clean install when going from 32-bit to 64-bit, or the other way around.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/29218-upgrade-32bit-64bit.html
Relevancy 96.75%

I am looking to purchase adobe premiere cs5.5 and that requires 64 bit so I need to upgrade to it. I have the files from download since I bought window's 7 to download. I've already gone through the of finding that yes my computer is compatible. I have the downloads on my computer and just don't know where to go from here. If anyone can point me in a direction of a step by step or help me here i would really appreciate it.

A:32bit to 64bit upgrade help

Is the Windows 7 download an ISO file? If so, you need Imgburn, and use it to write the image to a DVD. I hope you have a DVD burner. Imgburn is available here : http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/32bit-to-64bit-upgrade-help.1019324/
Relevancy 96.75%

hello all

i just bought a toshiba laptop which came pre-installed with windows home premium 64bit but the recovery cd that came with the laptop is only 32bit. when i re-installed the windows with the 32bit version it only installed with 32 bit( which is obvious since its a 32bit CD) but now how do i upgrade it to 64bit.

thanks

A:how to upgrade from 32bit to 64bit

You can only do a clean install from 32-bit to 64-bit.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/105916-how-upgrade-32bit-64bit.html
Relevancy 96.75%

Hello, I currently own a license for Windows 7 professional 32bit, which I upgraded from Vista using a student discount. I want to upgrade my laptop's ram memory from 3gb to 5gb or 6gb. I know that 32bit operating systems only support up to 4gb, and even then in actuality it's only like 3.2gb. Is there a way I can upgrade my Windows 7 32bit to Windows 7 64bit at a discounted price, even if it's to home premium instead? If not, does anyone know how to have a 32bit operating system recognize more than 4gb of ram?

A:32bit to 64bit upgrade

If you can obtain a 64 bit install DVD, you can use your 32 bit key with it, but you will have do do a complete Clean Install for the 64 bit.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/126092-32bit-64bit-upgrade.html
Relevancy 96.75%

I havw win 7 32bit on the computer can i upgadw to 64bit?
I have win vista 32bit Installation disk and win 7 32bit and 64bit upgrade

thnx

A:Upgrade win 7 32bit to win 7 64bit

You can't upgrade between 32bit and 64bit. You have to do a clean install of Windows 64bit. Check out this Tutorial.

Jim

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/195467-upgrade-win-7-32bit-win-7-64bit.html
Relevancy 96.75%

hello can my 32bit laptop upgrade to 64bit with windows 7 instalation?

A:can 32bit upgrade to 64bit?

No... You will need to do a clean install...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/40723-can-32bit-upgrade-64bit.html
Relevancy 96.75%

Hey.

I hear the Home premium upgrade comes with 32bit and 64bit, is this right. and does its come on seperate discs?

also will upgrade still keep my games my videos and music etc with just simply installing it.

Relevancy 96.32%

Hi there

I have just purchased 4 gigs of ram to add to my 2 gigs and would like to use it all by re-installing windows 7 ultimate 32bit and when re-installing select 64bit instead of 32bit.I have backed up my hard drive but i do not know how to re-install without the disk?

Please help!

Thanks

A:re-installing win7 ultimate from 32bit to 64bit without disk

To install a new OS you must have an install disk. A 32 bit and 64 bit OS are really very different internally. This would mean a clean install as there is no upgrade path from a 32 bit to 64 bit OS. Be aware that you would also need to reinstall all applications and that would require the install media for each one. Installing a 64 bit OS just to access more of your 4 GB RAM is usually more trouble than it is worth.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/re-installing-win7-ultimate-from-32bit-to-64bit-without-disk-690915.html
Relevancy 95.89%

I currently use Vista home premium 32bit but I want to upgrade to windows 7 ultimate 64bit. I can buy an 'upgrade' pack for ?57.99 as I am a student.

However on the chart regarding upgrade it says i require a 'custom install'. Will an upgrade pack work for this or do I need to purchase the full version?

A:32bit Vista to 64bit 7 upgrade

Your only option in this scenario will be to perform a clean install, which is a format of the hard drive then install. Upgrading a 32 bit edition to 64 bit or downgrading a 64 bit install to 32 bit using the in-place approach is not supported.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/32bit-vista-to-64bit-7-upgrade-495287.html
Relevancy 95.89%

I have 32bit windows enterprise and i would like to know if it is possible to upgrade to 64bit windows enterprise but with a 64bit pro windows 7 disk?

A:Upgrade from 32bit to 64bit with different version

You can go from 32 to 64 or 64 to 32 with a clean install using an upgrade DVD
Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version[2]=General Tips

The install should include a format

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/97118-upgrade-32bit-64bit-different-version.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Just wanted to share my experiences with Windows Pro installation so here goes I do not own a computer that I would like to REALLY install Win bit yet But Pro XP 32bit Upgrade Installing Win Win 64bit with 8 I am planning on buying a new computer next year when Haswell gets on the market But why not grab the Win Pro already since it's only on sale until end of Jan Not to mention Windows Media Center for free The REAL problem is that I wanted to use my old unused Win XP Pro bit -licence original version CD without SP SP or SP for the upgrade and that Win Pro wants amp needs to be installed on the same partition And I want my new computer to have a fast SSD as system drive And that XP doesn't support SATA ACHI drives natively the only mode SSD is supposed to be in So I thought about streamlining my XP with nLite but it still felt too time consuming and quot wrong quot to try to force the old system on a drive only to be installed over Another problem was that I could not use Upgrade assistant since I want to have Win -bit and -bit XP would end up with -bit win But Microsoft instructs to buy the upgrade DVD in this case which I did for e So now I had the DVD and the old XP CD but no computer Since I have time to test I found VirtualBox which turned out to be just perfect for planning my future installation My desktop system has Win which I intend to keep on my work computer Here's what I did in VirtualBox all quot virtually quot Made a SATA drive WinXP CD doesn't find installable media Installed Installing Win 8 Pro 64bit Upgrade with Win XP 32bit WinXP on a IDE HDD with Win presets in Virtual Machine VM Turned out that XP doesn't understand default Win LAN-device or Audio-device quickly fixed Fetched SP and SP packets from Microsoft installed fine Added a SATA-drive doesn't show up in Win Installing Win 8 Pro 64bit Upgrade with Win XP 32bit XP Installed SATA-drivers in XP SATA-drives now usable in XP Changed the XP-HDD from IDE to SATA-port to be sure Tried to boot the VM gave error So you can't change to SATA afterwards which further encouraged me to test what I was about to do I copied ALL FILES FROM XP DRIVE to a NEW FORMATTED SATA-drive incl hidden amp system files the only quot file quot you can't copy is the folder called System Volume Information So this new SATA-HDD represents my yet-to-buy SDD It now includes every file from XP-installation Copying a OS file-to-file is normally a bad idea especially since I just proved in that this installation of XP wouldn't be bootable on SATA-port anyway Used the XP drive managment application to mark this new SATA drive with copies of XP files quot active quot Not sure if this was required but I wanted to make sure the drive would look as bootable and quot real quot as possible Tried just to be sure to install Win Pro -bit Upgrade from the DVD on a new unused SATA HDD no other HDD's no network connection during installation Installation itself went fine it accepted my upgrade key first but ACTIVATION FAILED AS REPORTED stating my key is only usable in upgrades not full installs Changed the system so that my only HDD was the SATA HDD on which I had copied all the XP files in Booted from Win bit DVD installation program saw the partition which I then formatted Then proceeded to Win installation without network connection worked just as nicely as previously Activation after installation SUCCESS with no problems whatsoever WMC key is now also activated hooray This might be on the edge of EULA since I had XP kind of pseudoinstalled on the HDD on which I installed Win Pro upgrade but it's really only to skip the tedious process of getting XP to work on it and sparing some write-cycles in the process Hope this helps someone in the same situation XP-CD in their drawer wondering if it would do them any good Hopefully this works next year with my REAL new hardware I should only need to copy the XP-files on the SSD using my win computer Btw I did not activate XP on the VM before copying the fi... Read more

A:Installing Win 8 Pro 64bit Upgrade with Win XP 32bit

jbl123 , after a search on Google I came to your thread. I find myself in a similar situation. Currently I am using windows XP for my desktop system, because I like it more than windows 7 usually. I also want to upgrade for only E30 to win8 pro, 64bit edition. I have several questions that I cannot get answers for.

1: Can you buy a windows 8 pro key, and install the windows 8 pro with media center edition with it as well? Do they use the same key?
2: In what timeframe do you need to activate a windows 8 pro upgrade key? Does it 'expire'? Could it be 'expired' after MS stops the offer of upgrading to windows 8 for E30? It would basically mean you would need to purchase the key now and activate it.
3: Can you activate the upgrade key on a motherboard, and suppose your motherboard dies? Or you want to change your system? Will your key still be valid?

I would very much appreciate answers.

Kind regards,

PWNAGE FPS

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/12703-installing-win-8-pro-64bit-upgrade-win-xp-32bit.html
Relevancy 95.89%

As the title suggests, that's what my situation is.

I have a second 1 terrabyte empty drive I want to install W7 onto. Can I set up the new drive within Vista, do my Student Upgrade with the exe and choose to do a Clean install and have W7 install (and activate) onto the new drive?

Secondly, I want to do this so I may move my critical program files from Vista to 7. Will doing a clean install on a separate drive still format the old drive?

Thanks for your help.

A:Student Upgrade from 32bit to 64bit and HP to Pro.

Quote: Originally Posted by Elpants

As the title suggests, that's what my situation is.

I have a second 1 terrabyte empty drive I want to install W7 onto. Can I set up the new drive within Vista, do my Student Upgrade with the exe and choose to do a Clean install and have W7 install (and activate) onto the new drive?

Secondly, I want to do this so I may move my critical program files from Vista to 7. Will doing a clean install on a separate drive still format the old drive?

Thanks for your help.

OK

Lets see install win 7 onto the 2nd 1TB, Yes. Set up a new drive "within"??? vista?

Im confused how about if you explain it again drive 1 what OS now>>then
Drive 2 OS now>>>then??

ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/30604-student-upgrade-32bit-64bit-hp-pro.html
Relevancy 95.89%

I Have a friend who has a Toshiba laptop. It has Vista (32bit) He wants to upgrade to W7 (64bit). He has a W7 (64bit) disc but can't get it to run. Below is his system. Does he have to completely wipe the hard drive to install the W7 (64bit) since his is a (32bit)?

Toshiba Model#
PSAFGU-02L002

Genuine Windows Vista? Home Premium (32-bit version)

AMD Turion? 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-58

1.9 GHz, 512KBx2 L2 Cache, HyperTransport? Technology @ up to1600MHz

AMD M690V chipset

Configured with 2048MB PC5300 DDR2 SDRAM (both memory slots may be occupied). Maximum capacity 4096MB

1.200GB (4200 RPM); Serial ATA hard disk drive

A:Vista (32bit) to W7 (64bit) upgrade?

Hello and welcome to Bleepingcomputer.Hopefully this Microsoft article will answer your question.http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows...asked-questionsBruce.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/343996/vista-32bit-to-w7-64bit-upgrade/
Relevancy 95.89%

Can I do a upgrade from a XP 32bit Machine to Windows Vista 64bit by just adding the disk, hitting intall and all that, or do I need to do a clean install when changing to 64bit.

Also, if it's just your average HP machine with a AMD Athlon 64 x2 3800+ with 2GB ram and a 200GB HD.. is 64bit even really needed, or should I just do 32bit. As I'm installing vista and then selling the machine to someone locally.

Thanks!

A:Can I upgrade from XP 32bit to Vista 64bit?

Hello Cory,

Unfortunately, it has to be a clean install when going from a 32-bit OS to 64-bit, or the other way around.

I would say ask the customer which one they prefered. 64-bit may limit what programs they can install, but could also give them a performance increase by supporting more than 3 GB of RAM if they wanted to add more in the future. Plus, all of the devices will need to have 64-bit drivers available for them as well.

64-bit: More than just the RAM

Hope this helps some,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/236509-can-i-upgrade-xp-32bit-vista-64bit.html
Relevancy 95.89%

...hello all, is it possible to update Windows 7 32bit to 64bit without the clean installation? if so;

- how to do it?
- how reliable it is?

...reason is because I already have a lot of applications installed and configured in my machine and it will be time consuming to re-do the process from scratch. Thanks.

A:Upgrade Windows 7 from 32bit to 64bit..How?

Quote: Originally Posted by mangjun

...hello all, is it possible to update Windows 7 32bit to 64bit without the clean installation? if so;

- how to do it?
- how reliable it is?

...reason is because I already have a lot of applications installed and configured in my machine and it will be time consuming to re-do the process from scratch. Thanks.

NO, clean install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/37801-upgrade-windows-7-32bit-64bit-how.html
Relevancy 95.89%

I would like to know how to upgrade window 7 pro from 32bit to 64 bit and I don't have the HP  compaq 6200 for win 7  64bit  software. Pls advice. TQ

A:Upgrade window 7 from 32bit to 64bit

@POSIM?, welcome to the forum. You will have to buy a full copy of Win 7 Pro 64-bit.  The OEM copy of Win 7 Pro does not include a license for 64-bit. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Upgrade-window-7-from-32bit-to-64bit/td-p/5781473
Relevancy 95.89%

Hi i wonder is this possible. I'm now using Win7 Home Premium 32bit and i have 4 gb ram but i cant use it because my os is 32bit. I want to upgrade it to Win7 Home Premium 64bit with same product key. Can i do this?

Sorry for my bad English.

A:Upgrade 32bit to 64bit with same product key

You will need to do a clean install, but yes, you can use the same key..

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/100853-upgrade-32bit-64bit-same-product-key.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Having upgraded the RAM to 8GB, how do I now upgrade the installed 'Windows 7 Pro' from 32 bit to 64 bit so as to make best use of the extra memory?

Non tecchie, so please explain in simple terms!

Thanks

A:Portege R700 - How to upgrade from Win 7 32bit to 64bit?

Hi

You cannot ?upgrade? from Win 7 32bit to 64bit.
To use the Win 7 64bit system, you will need to make a full, clean Win 7 64bit installation.

This would require new installation of all your software, tool, utilities as well as drivers.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?72998-Portege-R700-How-to-upgrade-from-Win-7-32bit-to-64bit
Relevancy 95.03%

please help me too how to upgrade my 32 bit to 64bit my windows 7 is supported to 64bit but i cant have 64bit please say any steps to make 64

A:how to upgrade 32bit to 64bit i cant play games

Sorry to say you cannot "upgrade" to Windows 7 64Bit, BUT you must do a clean install.  If you have the install media that is not a problem, but if you do not, then the install media needs to be located.  I see the PC is a Dell, so maybe get with the Dell site to see if that model came with Windows 7 64Bit and use the Recovery disk set for that.  Actually since this is a Dell, you could probably get authentic Dell install media and just to a clean install.  Not aproblem in that case.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/how-to-upgrade-32bit-to-64bit-i-cant-play-games/td-p/5615838
Relevancy 95.03%

The installation was successfull??

Well Win 10 came up and I was changing a few things in the Start Menu when the laptop just rebooted.

Windows 10 tried to fix the problem and said it was unable.
I have tried various recovery options that are offered by Windows 10, but all failed to fix the problem.
It seems to me to be a screen driver issue.

The laptop was originally running Windows 7 32bit before the upgrade, so therefore the drivers would have been 32bit.
I summise Windows 10 is now only 64bit.

See attached pic of screen before it fails.
The windows splach screen when starting of the 4 pane blue window is okay, it's just then the windows logon screen id supposed to show that you get the example attached.

A:Satellite L750D - upgrade from Win 7 32bit to Win 10 64bit

Did you perform an upgrade or a clean install?

As far as I know it should not be possible to upgrade Win 7 32bit to Win 10 64bit… you need the 64bit version in order to get Win 10 64bit.

In case you have performed an “upgrade” you could try to go back from Windows 10 to a previous version of Windows:
Settings > Update & security > Recovery.

If options to go back and restore factory settings aren’t available, you can use installation Toshiba recovery media to install a previous version of Windows

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?84342-Satellite-L750D-upgrade-from-Win-7-32bit-to-Win-10-64bit
Relevancy 95.03%

Hello forum.

On my way to downgrade Win10 back to 7, on my Satellite Toshiba U840, found out that my serial number for windows 7 was for Starter Retail version.
That is odd because i remember that my windows 7 was 64bit and supported all of the windows features,
in comparison to what Starter Retail provides. I ran alot of graphic programs on 3 years ago...

Is it possible to upgrade the retail version to any Win 7 64 bit version?

Thank you for your time!

A:How to upgrade Win Next Starter Retail 32bit To any Win 7 64bit ver

Windows 7 Starter was only available in 32bit.

Most people will be happy with Windows 7/64 Home Premium.
To go from a 32 bit Windows 7 to a 64 bit Windows 7 you will need to do a Clean Install.

We need your system spec to get a idea whether a 32 or 64 bit would be best.

Please use this tutorial by Brink to help you fill in your specs.

System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/390927-how-upgrade-win-next-starter-retail-32bit-any-win-7-64bit-ver.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Component Upgrade bit gt bit switch Hey guys switch? Component 64bit to and 32bit upgrade not sure where exactly to post this but here i go As usual i come here to seek out professional help from you guys and every time i get the support that i need which i gladly appreciate So here i am again asking for new advice First of all i would want to ask you if i should switch Component upgrade and 32bit to 64bit switch? from bit windows to bit I am not sure how i am going to go on about switch from to bit and see if it is really worth it and if it will boost my PC s performace I have GB of total RAM i believe Component upgrade and 32bit to 64bit switch? not completely sure so i know that bit can only recognized GB of RAM so i am pretty much wasting the other GB of RAM by using bit I currently use my PC for movies music and gaming in-game video recording as well as using adobe photoshop indesign dreamwaver flash and illustrator for my graphics work CS package I do have slight performance impact when using the CS software package but its not thing big only small laag which isn t effecting me too much The main point behind me wanting to switch is to squeeze out the most of my computer to get full performance when doing my design work or playing games Is switch bit to bit really worth it Is it easy to do or do i need to send it off to someone professional My computer specs are the following PSU http img imageshack us img imgp x jpg http img imageshack us img imgp k jpg The below screenshot includes BIOS Chassis Motherboard CPU speed general properties cache motherboard properties bios properties power management sensors the temperatures are pretty average you can give - degrees while on heavy use The highest i get never goes past degrees idle is about - DMI info and more http img imageshack us img mycomputerspecspart jpg http img imageshack us img mycomputerspecspart jpg Memory Information RAM etc http img imageshack us img memoryvideo jpg Network Information speeds http img imageshack us img networkinfo jpg Storage Information http img imageshack us img storagebw jpg http img imageshack us img storage n jpg CPUID http img imageshack us img cpuid jpg I know that s a lot of information and some of it if not most of it is pretty much useless but i though you may be interested If you need more information feel free to ask and il give it to your right away ofc not personal info xD hehe So overall here are my questions Can i upgrade from bit to bit Shall i upgrade to bit Is it really worth it or will be a performance loss or big hassle I never done this kind of thing before Should i overclock I could seek professional help instead of me doing it dont want to screw it up What components shall i upgrade Graphics card Processor Motherboard or PSU I think W or W PSU would be good Any other bits and pieces i should do Are there any bits and pieces that my computer is lacking in Low RAM for example etc Will i need to reinstall lot of programs so that they support bit version I love computers i love looking into them and fiddling with them I have a old computer which i took its fan out and wanted to put it in my quot new quot computer but i couldn t find any socket to plug it to there isnt much space to fit the fan I also have spare graphics card lame RAM sticks and few other bits and pieces I took the HDD out and had a trouble reinstalling and actually making it recognizable and with my poo knowledge it took me a week to figure it out since my step dads bro was busy his more of a computer expert then me hehe but i did it yay I have spent money on my kite gear so i am not loaded up and i am only so yeh that said i could get a job since i only go to school days per week which is awesome xD I would like to learn a lot more about building computers and its hardware so i guess overclocking the PC and putting new parts would teach me quite few bits and pieces PS I haven t included tags since the screen shots are fairly big and i didn t want to flood the... Read more

A:Component upgrade and 32bit to 64bit switch?

You'll need to reinstall an x64 OS in order to switch; there's no way around this.

You shouldn't have any issues IMHO, and using an x64 OS means you can upgrade your RAM later in the future without having to install an x64 OS at that point.

How much are you looking to spend on your PC in total? Also, will you be buying online or from retail stores?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/component-upgrade-and-32bit-to-64bit-switch.153840/
Relevancy 95.03%

Hey everyone,

I've recently bought two new machines.

One's a Intel Core 2 Quad
The other's an AMD (Sempron?) Triple Core 64bit.

I've ordered the upgrade disks for Windows 7, the...what does Microsoft call it? Up to date program or whatever it is. The one for the AMD machine has come and the disk specifies it has only 32bit software on it, but has a standard Microsoft License key on the back. My father has a retail 32/64bit Windows 7 disk set for the same version of Windows 7.

Does anyone know through experience if I would be able to use his 64 bit disk to install and use my license key to activate it? I know it sounds an odd set up but to be honest it all seems to point that it's possible, what with Microsoft shipping the two disks together normally. Anyone got any htoughts?

A:Using a 32bit upgrade license with a 64bit disc?

Sorry but i don't think that's possible...

If i'm not mistaken your dad already used the license key to activate his retail 32bit right?
And i think what you have is a Windows 7 "UPDATE" cd

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/53706-using-32bit-upgrade-license-64bit-disc.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Hi,
First of all, I realise that I will lose all of my documents, programs etc. My computer is running Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit. I would like to get 64bit Windows 7 Ultimate. My computer IS x64 capable. Any help/ideas? Also, will I have to buy a new Windows 7 or is it all included?

Thanks,
JaidynM

A:Clean install (or upgrade) from 32bit W7 to 64bit W7?

Hello Jaidyn,

If you have a retail copy of Windows 7, then it comes with two separate installation discs. One for 32-bit Windows 7, and the other 64-bit Windows 7. You will be able to use the same product key to activate either one.

Hope this helps some,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/161641-clean-install-upgrade-32bit-w7-64bit-w7.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Hi, I bought Windows 7 back in August, I noticed I wasn't using all of my RAM but recently its showing on some games. I want to get Windows 7 32bit to Windows 7 64 bit. I've looked on the Internet and it just comes up with "No, you have to do A fresh install". I originally upgraded from Windows XP 32bit and I remember saying that I had to use a custom installation or somthing, and it created a folder called 'windows.old'. Would that folder be created again if I was to go ahead with this fresh installation? Thanks.

Relevancy 95.03%

I purchased Windows 7 for my Vista machine & installed the 32 bit version. I would like to install the 64bit version. Can this be done with the upgrade disks?

A:Windows 7 32bit installed from upgrade, want 64bit

Is your hardware 64bit capable ? Did you get a 32bit & a 64bit DVD ?
You cannot upgrade 32bit directly to 64bit, It will have to be a clean install.

Check out our tutorials section.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/85449-windows-7-32bit-installed-upgrade-want-64bit.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Hey again

A few months back I purchased Win 7 Home Premium 32bit from MS, I was given a student discount and I took it !

Anyway at that time I was given the opportunity to either purchase 32bit or 64bit version of the OS. Now I'm sort of kicking myself because I wish I would have purchased the 64bit edition rather than the 32bit.

My laptop fully supports 64bit.

Anyway is there anyway where I can get an upgrade for free or for a low cost ?
JordanJP

A:Upgrade to Win 7 Home Premium 64Bit from 32bit ?

You might check with your school and see if they would exchange it for you...

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/56149-upgrade-win-7-home-premium-64bit-32bit.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Although I'm presently running with Win bit I want to move to Vista 7 from disks 32bit 64bit to to move Using Upgrade Win Win bit I have the upgrade disks both amp bit I purchased to upgrade from Using Upgrade disks to move from Vista 32bit to Win 7 64bit Vista I now realise I'll have to re-install Vista before I can then try the Win bit upgrade So far I've tried booting my machine with the Vista recovery disk I have from the OEM and at the point of quot install quot when it came to the point of re-installing Vista swapped it for the Win bit I then hit the buffers with the install procedure not recognizing the drivers for the CD DVD drive which I found has an enormous thread all by itself on this site I do have other external drives J and L and a partition on the disk K for users and data will I need to copy the contents of the disk to one of these Has anyone any experience of using upgrade disks to move from Vista bit to Win bit Will this difficulty with the unrecognized CD DVD drive be a showstopper Can the upgrade from Vista bit to Win bit actually be done Is there a tutorial for this type of upgrade

A:Using Upgrade disks to move from Vista 32bit to Win 7 64bit

It's just not possible because of the drivers and archetecture difference of x86 and x64. While it sounds simple, they are big, big, big differences. For a simple example, x86 has only one "Program Files" folder. When you "tricked" it, guess what? It's missing the "Program Files (x86)" folder where 32-bit appliacations are, probably even tricking Windows that your old "Program Files" folder is 64-bit and will attempt to migrate and run them in 64-bit mode when they are not.

Try Windows Easy Transfer - Transfer To & From Computers

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/187672-using-upgrade-disks-move-vista-32bit-win-7-64bit.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Running vista upgrade advisor on a machine running XP Pro. Old P4 32 bit machine. When it test your software and its conclusion is your sofware is ok for Vista. I'm assuming that for a 32 bit machine not a 64 bit machine.

Are my assumptions correct?

A:Upgrade advisor for Vista tests software for 32bit or 64bit

It is for 32-bit versions.
But if you have a 64-bit cpu you can run the 64-bit version of Vista. It is important to make sure you can obtain all the 64-bit drivers for your hardware that vista may not automatically install during setup and Windows update. (i.e., Video driver, and sata/raid driver-vista will install audio drivers, but these may not work well resulting in failure to mute speakers if using headphones)

P4 appears to support EM64T support for 64-bit
Intel? Pentium? 4 Processor Product Information

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/219610-upgrade-advisor-vista-tests-software-32bit-64bit.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi all Hope all is well I just purchased a Toshiba Satellite P -S laptop with Windows Home Premium -bit SP already installed and would like to upgrade it Windows Ultimate I had already purchased a retail version for Win Ultimate before the full version not the upgrade and would like to use this for the upgrade I looked around the forums for some Home Upgrade Win7 64bit Ultimate Win7 Premium from to advice and found some very useful Upgrade from Win7 Home Premium 64bit to Win7 Ultimate stuff but I would appreciate if someone could help with Upgrade from Win7 Home Premium 64bit to Win7 Ultimate the following My apologies if the answers were posted already Must have missed them I read about the Windows Anytime Upgrade feature Will AU work with the full Win Ultimate retail key or does it specifically work with an upgrade key If I use the AU and it is successful will the new Win Ultimate key be converted to an OEM version as well The full-version retail key I have gives me the right to install this to computers I do not want to lose this right since I may use it for different computers in the future Is it better to go for AU or a clean install of Win Since I just purchased the laptop I have no personal data or programs installed so I do not have to worry about losing data However Toshiba has certain software installed with the laptop My understanding of a clean install is that everything will be wiped clean and then necessary software e g drivers etc need to be installed again On the other hand once I upgrade to Ultimate perhaps some of this software will become obsolete I am leaning towards AU since it looks less of an hassle and I am not that tech savvy but I read that a clean install may increase performance by getting rid of the 'bloatware' Any advice on this would be appreciated Thank you in advance

A:Upgrade from Win7 Home Premium 64bit to Win7 Ultimate

What`s the need for the upgrade ? Save your Retail Ultimate for another build. But someone will be along to answer your question.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/254962-upgrade-win7-home-premium-64bit-win7-ultimate.html
Relevancy 90.73%

I've got a problem using Windows 7 on a Tecra S4 notebook:
After installing of all the available drivers (most dedicated for Windows Vista 32 bit, but working) there's still a problem adjusting the brightness of the display:

After Installing the value added package, th Fn-buttons are working, but not Fn-F6 and Fn-F7 for adjusting the brightness.

Pressing this button, there is a reaction in moving the slider on the screen (only 3 positions 0% - 40% - 100%), the brightness 'sun' displayed in Windows XP when changing brightness had 8 positions), but nothing happens. Moving the slider by mouse action, it's exactly the same behaviour. Slider can be moved, but nothing happens. The monitor backlight is always maximum powered.

Does anybody know what to do?
I'd like to change from Windows XP to Windows 7 completely on this device, but this requires for me all the basic functions have to work.

A:Tecra S4-128: No Fn+F6-F7 function after Win7 32Bit upgrade

Hi

What version of VAP did you install?
It seems that Win 7 drivers are not released for Tecra S4.

Possibly its driver / software problem.
Would recommend updating the graphic card driver and to use the latest VAP released for Win 7.
You can find the VAP in other Tecra or Satellite series

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?70694-Tecra-S4-128-No-Fn-F6-F7-function-after-Win7-32Bit-upgrade
Relevancy 89.87%

I have a computer with Windows XP Home edition installed on it but I can t use that computer because The OS is corrupted Constant critical issues including quot Explorer exe quot fatal errors quot Error quot etc Is it possible for me to install a full Retail version of Windows -bit on top of the bad OS on that harddrive possible? WinXP(corrupted); Solved: Win7-32bit to Upgrade even though that drive has a corrupted XP Home Edition on it now It won t even boot except to BIOS SafeMode etc I want to replace or upgrade the corrupted Solved: WinXP(corrupted); Upgrade to Win7-32bit possible? XP OS with a new Solved: WinXP(corrupted); Upgrade to Win7-32bit possible? Win OS so that the computer will run error-free once again IMPORTANT NOTE I DO NOT want to format the harddisk drive I have valuable data and installed programs that I do NOT want to lose My hope is that installing Win quot over quot the existing XP OS will solve the problems However it s not out of the question for me to buy another new harddisk drive to install the new OS onto What are the important things that I need to consider What step-by-step procedure do I need to follow to ensure it will work I ll appreciate experienced expert advice Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 88.15%

My system Asus Crosshair III Motherboard AM Phenom ghz gb OCZ DDR upgrade after Strangeness (Win7 64bit) Radeon HD mb WD Green GB HD I previously had an AM system with an Asus M N -SLI I put the new system Strangeness after upgrade (Win7 64bit) in and tried using it without reinstalling Win It booted fine and everything seemed normal I ran Dragon Age for about minutes and it crashed to desktop with a C exception I decided to play it safe and reinstall Win so that it could meet the new chipset during its install The installation went fine Now however I get C errors in Opera and some other programs so I know that the error wasn t exclusive to Dragon Age I ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool and it turned up no errors I ran chkdsk and it didn t Strangeness after upgrade (Win7 64bit) find anything wrong I ran Prime but the threads quit after an error - something about turning up a when it expected a There were some other strange occurances Windows became convinced that it wasn t a genuine copy probably because I d changed the motherboard - had to register by phone - and then reinstalled in the same evening but a restart later and it showed as quot activated quot Some updates were downloaded so I restarted The system booted up and told me that changes were being made to my system and that it was done then it suddenly restarted and did this twice before it went through to the normal desktop I downloaded sound drivers from the Asus site and I m running the newest Catalyst drivers The system seems to run just fine about of the time but the error will crop up eventually I m at a loss because it seems like the problem could be anything It s almost am here and I ve been at it since pm Any help is most appreciated

A:Strangeness after upgrade (Win7 64bit)

Clear CMOS settings and reload defaults and see what happens also are you using 64 bit or 32 bit Windows

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/276461/strangeness-after-upgrade-win7-64bit/
Relevancy 86.86%

Alright I've had Win installed for awhile and just never felt like backing everything up and moving it from the WinXP install to the install I finally got around to doing it and I've ran into a problem They system isn't stable It blue screens regularly just not always when I am around I can't remember how to stop it from rebooting automatically on blue screen so if someone could tell me how to that would be great I read through the error logs and it seems to be a compatibility issue with the CPU but I can't be sure I get an error 64bit Win7 Home Prem when I boot from BIOS saying the mobo isn't compatible Win7 Home Prem 64bit with the CPU but I can F past it an be fine I've done it for three years using XP The CPU in question is a Intel Pentium D Presler From everything I've read it should be bit compatible I know probably Win7 Home Prem 64bit not enough information to get any real help but perhaps someone else ran into a similar issue I'll post some logs and blue screen codes when I manage to get them Thanks in advance

A:Win7 Home Prem 64bit

Upload Dump Files:
Please go to C:\Windows\Minidump and zip up the contents of the folder. Then upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Left click on the first minidump file.
Hold down the "Shift" key and left click on the last minidump file.
Right click on the blue highlighted area and select "Send to"
Select "Compressed (zipped) folder" and note where the folder is saved.
Upload that .zip file with your next post.

If you have issues with "Access Denied" errors, try copying the files to your desktop and zipping them up from there. If it still won't let you zip them up, post back for further advice.

If you don't have anything in that folder, please check in C:\Windows for a file named MEMORY.DMP. If you find it, zip it up and upload it to a free file hosting service . I recommend Windows Live SkyDrive - http://skydrive.live.com or another free, file-hosting service. Then post the link to it in your topic so that we can download it.

Then, follow the directions here to set your system for Minidumps (much smaller than the MEMORY.DMP file): Set MiniDump (remove the checkmark from "Automatically restart" in order to get the system to stop on the blue screen).

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/97041-win7-home-prem-64bit.html
Relevancy 86.43%

So, as the title says, I had Win7 - 32bit first...
I decided to dualboot it with 64, so I could have a clean partition (64bit) and still have all my programs of my 32bit...

When I boot, the 32bit gets a BSOD, and even windows startup repair can't repair it... But 64bit does launch great!

My specs;

Processor 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Quad-processor Q9000
Memory 4 GB DDR3
HD 320 GB @ 7200 rpm
Graphic card; nVidia GeForce 9600M GT 1gb etcetcetc

TY for your help

A:BSOD on 32bit after dualbooting Win7 32bit with 64bit

Can you boot into Safe Mode? Press F8 at startup to access the menu. If so, remove Daemon Tools or whatever other virtual drive software that you have installed.

Bugchecks 0xC5, 0x7E, and 0x8E:

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Devin\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$DI07.894\012910-30716-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\websymbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16385.x86fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0x8304b000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x83193810
Debug session time: Fri Jan 29 15:13:16.774 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:16.506
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck C5, {e008, 2, 0, 8316b795}

Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+135 )

Followup: Pool_corruption
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL (c5)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is
caused by drivers that have corrupted the system pool. Run the driver
verifier against any new (or suspect) drivers, and if that doesn't turn up
the culprit, then use gflags to enable special pool.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000e008, memory referenced
Arg2: 00000002, IRQL
Arg3: 00000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: 8316b795, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xC5_2

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

FAULTING_IP:
nt!ExDeferredFreePool+135
8316b795 8b10 mov edx,dword ptr [eax]

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: System

TRAP_FRAME: 807868a4 -- (.trap 0xffffffff807868a4)
ErrCode = 00000000
eax=0000e008 ebx=000001ff ecx=000001ff edx=83180a40 esi=83180a40 edi=831808c0
eip=8316b795 esp=80786918 ebp=80786950 iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na po nc
cs=0008 ss=0010 ds=0023 es=0023 fs=0030 gs=0000 efl=00010202
nt!ExDeferredFreePool+0x135:
8316b795 8b10 mov edx,dword ptr [eax] ds:0023:0000e008=????????
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 8316b795 to 830917eb

STACK_TEXT:
807868a4 8316b795 badb0d00 83180a40 8329209c nt!KiTrap0E+0x2cf
80786950 8316a8aa 831808c0 00000000 00000000 nt!ExDeferredFreePool+0x135
807869b8 831eea0d 86b896c8 00000000 00000000 nt!ExFreePoolWithTag+0x8a4
80786b9c 833fc853 00000001 00000000 80786bd4 nt!IopLoadDriver+0xad2
80786be8 833f887b 8080fe28 8080ab70 00000000 nt!IopInitializeSystemDrivers+0x163
80786c6c 833fde6f 0080ab70 859c6818 859c64a8 nt!IoInitSystem+0x6de
80786d48 831d647c 80786d90 8325966d 8080ab70 nt!Phase1InitializationDiscard+0xce4
80786d50 8325966... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-on-32bit-after-dualbooting-win7-32bit-with-64bit-463072.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I tried to upgrade my Tecra R840-16V (Part Number PT429E-05M00KGE) form windows 7 64bit pro to windows 10 pro thru windows update. When the the upgrade procedure finished everything looked ok but after a while the system froze (even the mouse). I did a reboot in my system via power button, the system worked well for about 1 hour and froze again. I did a reboot via power button once again and I had the same problem after while. I did a system restore back in windows 7 and everything works ok without any freeze at all.
Is it a known problem? Is there any solution or suggestion to upgrade my system without problems in windows 10 pro?

Thanks

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91982-TECRA-R840-16V-upgrade-from-win7-64bit-to-win10
Relevancy 86.43%

I have upgraded home computers laptops and desktops to WIN since launch and have been part of the Windows Insider program HP Win10 820... 10 from Upgrade 64bit- Elite to Windows Win7 On for months - identifying problems with NVIDIA drivers and the like All family computers have Windows 10 64bit- Upgrade from Win7 to Win10 On HP Elite 820... upgraded with minimal fuss apart from HP Elite SFF - core i vpro nbsp Be aware that this PC passes all hardware diagnostics and has new hard drive and compatible memory and works without error on Win Home - motherboard and processor are out of the box two weeks ago The PC has been reset to Win since nbsp After install there were many blue screens including - nbsp Memory management errorsBad pool header errorMultiple Frequent internet requests probably from microsoft OneDrive based storage nbsp I understand that this machine has not been tested as part of a compatibility check by HP Microsoft nbsp My question is - Will there be updates to the HP Driver Support site in the near future to include Windows bit drivers for relevant machines Or links included for Intel Chipset drivers when available for Win Solved View Solution

A:Windows 10 64bit- Upgrade from Win7 to Win10 On HP Elite 820...

Anytime. Glad to have been of assistance. Maybe try again before the free period expires. It is possible they will have worked out some bugs and release more updates to W10. Who knows...it could even be the onboard Intel W10 graphics driver that is buggy. I've had my 8200 Elite run XP Pro x64, Vista Business, W7 Pro, W8.1 Pro and now W10 Pro working perfectly on each OS. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Windows-10-64bit-Upgrade-from-Win7-to-Win10-On-HP-Elite-8200/td-p/5228406
Relevancy 85.57%

I am trying to fix a laptop of a friend of mine.  Laptop ASUS x35e would not boot.  After ASUS logo screen it just went black.  Unable to get into safemode.  Was able to load system repair disc and run the FRST64 tool.  Can you give me the fix?  Log attached.  
 FRST.txt   4.66KB
  7 downloadsEdit: Moved topic from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:FRST64 Log - Win7 Home Prem 64bit

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/511387 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511387/frst64-log-win7-home-prem-64bit/
Relevancy 85.57%

So I built my third PC in May of this year and have been increasingly experiencing problems These problems include inability to install SP BSODs error upgrade during repair win7 then 64bit 0x80070241 IE crashing Firefox crashing and even more frustrating BSODs then error 0x80070241 during win7 64bit repair upgrade BSODs The errors I received when trying to install SP were x and x I looked them up and tried all the suggestions that I was allowed to do For example I was not able to complete a disk check before startup because of some error This led me to finally do a repair upgrade which BSODs then error 0x80070241 during win7 64bit repair upgrade was suggested in some forums I followed a PCWorld article and did what they told me until during the upgrade repair I received error x It says some of the install files were corrupt or something along those lines I am not very computer savvy so if you can please provide a link for help that requires me to do something above a normal computer user's capabilities would be appreciated I've started graduate school and I really need my computer to not crash and BSOD Please help and you'll have my undying gratitude forever Thanks

A:BSODs then error 0x80070241 during win7 64bit repair upgrade

Here is my SF Diagnostic Tool results. Please let me know if I'm doing anything wrong. Attachment 227600

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/248150-bsods-then-error-0x80070241-during-win7-64bit-repair-upgrade.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I just upgraded from IE to IE as kept getting IE is too old messages Now when I select some sites examples below I need to hit refresh to get them to work Once refreshed they work fine so it could do it just needed this to make them work I assume I need to select something to fix this but can't find it refresh upgrade Win7 needs IE11 display pages now 64bit to I have Kaspersky security which vets sites and have not changed it worked with IE maybe conflict with IE Problems Win7 64bit IE11 upgrade now needs refresh to display pages are Outlook com mail loads ok but when I select New mail I just get the top bar of the screen with a message saying 'nearly finished' and circling dots This doesn't change until I hit refresh and then works and sends ok Meteox web site displays current weather sat Win7 64bit IE11 upgrade now needs refresh to display pages pictures ok and day predictions are ok but - day is frozen until refresh is hit Internet-radio com displays part of the screen but needs refresh to get the Win7 64bit IE11 upgrade now needs refresh to display pages full screen still won't play using the player from the site blue play symbol in a circle but will play using Media Player This may be the site not recognising IE from what I have read I did type all this in before but when posting it said I need more than characters here there were so saving this time just in case May also be a symptom Any suggestions as to what I can check I can work around this but shouldn't need to always the way with IE upgrades some small settings change and it takes a while to sort them out Regards John

A:Win7 64bit IE11 upgrade now needs refresh to display pages

PS the first try failed with less than 3 chars message so guess what, I hit refresh, pasted the text back in and it worked. Tried posting this first time and lost it too. So trying again, view post, hit refresh, type this in then post it. If I didn't hit refresh it would lost it.
So this is a serious problem as if I keep randomly losing what I type it will get tedious.
John
Edited to add I need to do a refresh after looking at any web page. Just tried Outlook mail again and couldn't look at sent mail. So summary of problem is not that I can't send New mail it is that the first page loads ok but not fully, something is missing although it looks ok. So selecting sent mail, new, mails received, or anything on the screen doesn't work until refreshed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/378654-win7-64bit-ie11-upgrade-now-needs-refresh-display-pages.html
Relevancy 85.57%

My system Asus Crosshair III Motherboard AM Phenom ghz gb OCZ DDR Radeon HD mb WD Green GB HD I previously had an AM system with an Asus M N -SLI I put the new system in and tried using it without reinstalling Win It booted fine and everything seemed normal I ran Dragon Age for about minutes and it crashed to desktop with a C exception I decided to play it errors (Win7 64bit), upgrade after galore C00005 Strangeness safe and reinstall Win so that it could meet the new chipset during its install The installation went fine Now however I get C errors in Opera and some other programs so I know that the error wasn't exclusive to Dragon Age I also can't reinstall Dragon Age - halts with a Data Error There are no problems with Strangeness after upgrade (Win7 64bit), C00005 errors galore the files on the DVD since that's what I originally installed it with There were some other strange occurances Windows became convinced that it wasn't a genuine copy probably because I'd changed the motherboard - had to register by phone - and then reinstalled in the same evening but a restart later and it showed as quot activated quot Some updates were downloaded so I restarted The system booted up and told me that changes were being made to my system and that it was done then it suddenly restarted and did this twice before it went through to the normal desktop I had a bluescreen referencing an ntfs sys error as well That sounds like a hard drive problem I downloaded sound drivers from the Asus site and I'm running the newest Catalyst drivers The system seems to run just fine about of the time but the error will crop up eventually Things I've tried First I Ran Memtest - got errors Ran Prime - all threads stopped with an error about seconds in Ran Chkdsk - no errors Then I had a hunch and changed my RAM speed from something like that to I ran Prime again and this time only one thread stopped working I ran Memtest for hrs and it only came up with error I really don't have a clue what's going on here Any help would be most appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/strangeness-after-upgrade-win7-64bit-c00005-errors-galore-438432.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I have a working won't RAM boot 64bit w 16GB Prem Home Win7 Window Home Premium bit PC working perfectly with x GB DDR RAM for GB of memory I Win7 Home Prem 64bit won't boot w 16GB RAM upgraded the memory to GB DDR by buying additional GB modules of the exact same memory same brand model number speed timing etc Corsairs Vengeance CMZ GX M A C but Windows now will not load with GB of RAM and it stops booting Win7 Home Prem 64bit won't boot w 16GB RAM after the quot Starting Windows quot Win7 Home Prem 64bit won't boot w 16GB RAM screen with the multicolor windows logo rolling flashing I have already checked that the new memory modules are good I can load Windows if I use x GB RAM of the new memory or x GB of the old memory and even if I mix one GB stick of the old memory and one GB stick of the new memory As long as I boot with GB Windows will boot and get to the desktop My computer will even work as a HackIntosh with all x GB memory sticks installed and OS X will load and work with GB of RAM My motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z M-D H rev has DDR memory slots and according to the manual it can support up to GB of RAM I also know that Windows Home Premium bit will support up to GB of RAM I verified that I have Windows Home Premium bit activated and validated as genuine Windows BIOS boots with x GB RAM and it shows all GB installed and working properly The BIOS setting for the memory is the stock speed MHZ I even tried MHz at stock volts and stock auto - - - timing After the POST it shows that GB is available because I am using MB as integrated video memory for the Intel HD integrated video quot card quot provided by my Intel i - K CPU running at stock MHz Everything goes well windows starts the color windows logo comes on the hard drive blinks as it is loading windows but then it stops and does not continue to load the desktop There are no error messages it does not seem like it is frozen as the color windows logo continues to roll flash The hard drive eventually stops loading and that is it It fails to boot to the desktop and just stops there with the color windows logo rotating flashing around the colors of the windows logo Is there some settings I need to set on Windows while I log in with GB of RAM to make windows recognize GB or boot with GB Is there a driver I need to install a windows update or fix I have applied all windows updates provided by the automatic windows update and even installed any missing updates as found by Belarck Advisor x I think I have done everything by the book but no go What else could I be missing I already updated the motherboard BIOS to the latest BIOS from Gigabyte BIOS F the latest before going to EUFI beta BIOS The only thing I can think of is that I did not get all x GB of RAM all at once from one pre-packaged x GB package I got x GB year ago and the same model from the same manufacturer x GB this year The RAM module markings all says the exact same things except that the year old ones say version and the new one say version Or is it possible that having all DDR slots full can cause some problem But since all the memory modules are all booting on the BIOS and working even when mixed as long as it is GB on Windows and t GB on OS X I don t think it is the physical memory or the motherboard I think it is something to do with Windows Home Premium bit I haven t got any further clue If you have any suggestions please let me know Anyone else able to run Windows Home Premium bit with GB of RAM nbsp

A:Win7 Home Prem 64bit won't boot w 16GB RAM

I would burn a boot CD from the latest Memtest to be sure.
It's easy enough to check.
.iso files are here: http://www.memtest.org
If that shows OK, I would call MS and ask about the issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win7-home-prem-64bit-wont-boot-w-16gb-ram.1122051/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hey,

I purchased the Win 7 Pro Upgrade 32bit via digitalriver, but I've been doing some reseach and probably should have selected the 64bit version.

- Any ideas how I can get the 64bit version?

- For those who ordered the 32bit back-up disc kit for the extra $15 and have received it, does it come with both 32bit & 64bit?

- I've already installed and activated the 32bit version, but when I go to install the 64bit version, will I need to / is there a way to deactivate my initial 32bit install or will this not matter?

Thanks for your advice.

A:Reinstall Win7 32bit to Win7 64bit /backup disc content

Camo15, Welcome to SevenForums
The first two questions call Digital River about a refund and reorder. Have heard that some have had success with that. No need to un activate however if you decide to try to use that Key again then you will have to call MS and talk to them to make it work on another pc if that is your intent. Good luck to you and enjoy!

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/33203-reinstall-win7-32bit-win7-64bit-backup-disc-content.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I just bought a ThinkPad T400, and 8GB DDR3 upgrade kit. After first log on, I realized the Windows 7 is 32bit. How can I upgrade to Ultimate x64 instead?

Thanks for your help.

A:Win7 32bit Home Premium to Win7 64bit Ultimate: Possible without Clean

I think you have to Wipe and reinstall. You can't go from 32bit to 64bit over the top of the 32bit.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/256051-win7-32bit-home-premium-win7-64bit-ultimate-possible-without-clean.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Just wondering if it would be possible to backup a Win7 32bit system, install a Win7 64bit system then restore the 32bit to the 64bit system?

Simon

A:Macrium Reflect: Restore Win7 32bit to Win7 64bit?

NO -- a clean install is required to move from one to the other. IF you restore an MR backup over an install, it replaces the entire contents of the partition. So basically, you would be going back to the version that you saved to backup.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/174638-macrium-reflect-restore-win7-32bit-win7-64bit.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi folks I have searched through the various threads that deal with this a Boot second on 32bit Dual SSD and 64bit drive Win7 Win7 topic but have not seen anything that deals with this specifically I have a custom built computer I put together last Dual Boot Win7 32bit and Win7 64bit on a second SSD drive year I installed Win bit at the time because I didn't want to bite the bullet and reinstall everything That time has now arrived My computer has i Core GHz GB Ram TB HDD Win bit installed GB HDD I purchased an OEM DVD of Windows Home Premium bit and an Intel GB SSD drive I want to install the SSD drive on the computer and install Win bit OS as a DUAL BOOT This way I will be able to choose to migrate my applications Dual Boot Win7 32bit and Win7 64bit on a second SSD drive at my own pace As I install a bit version of my Photoshop CS for example I will delete it in the bit OS once I have all my settings brushes etc moved over Should I Install the SSD Dual Boot Win7 32bit and Win7 64bit on a second SSD drive and get it recognized by the BIOS and the bit OS Boot from the DVD of the bit OS and choose the SSD as the location of the installation Reboot the computer after installation complete and at that point I should get the dual boot screen The above is how I understand the process based on some tutorials I've seen for dual booting XP and Vista Does this work for Win and Win

A:Dual Boot Win7 32bit and Win7 64bit on a second SSD drive

Easy - install the SSD and disconnect all the HDDs. Then install Win7 on the SSD and make the SSD second in the boot sequence (first should be the CD/DVD reader). Then reconnect the HDDs.

When you want to boot from your 32bit system, temporarily change the boot sequence (usually via F12 at power-on).

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/290814-dual-boot-win7-32bit-win7-64bit-second-ssd-drive.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I have a new Toshiba Laptop Win bit CORE i I would 32bit Win7 hdd Cannot desktop read 64bit laptop on new from old Win7 like to run via usb and old hdd from my desktop which was bit Win I have the old hard drive in a SATA enclosure and running it via USB to my laptop When I attempt to either copy or read the old hard drive I get a write protect error Cannot read hdd from old desktop Win7 32bit on new laptop Win7 64bit I have tried the MS registry changes to remove quot write protection quot but the registry entry they call for is non existent in my laptop registry My last post on this was annotated as solved but my explanation was weak I do not want to run this drive as a permanent addition to my system I just need to copy some files from the old drive to the new one If I attempt to use Control Panel Disk Management it tells me the old drive is not quot initialized quot Both options to initialize don't work Cannot read hdd from old desktop Win7 32bit on new laptop Win7 64bit Please help I have some very important medical records that must be copied from old hdd to new

A:Cannot read hdd from old desktop Win7 32bit on new laptop Win7 64bit

Have you tried connecting the old hard drive to the old computer using the SATA connection then connecting your laptop to your network before copying the files over?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/232048-cannot-read-hdd-old-desktop-win7-32bit-new-laptop-win7-64bit.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Fresh install of Windows 7 Home Premium x64, I have 5 other hard drives, the only thing I did was reinstalled win7 on my SSD (my main drive) due to I have receiving to many BSODS before for things I didn't understand so I figured might as well reinstall all seemed well until I was:

playing cod4, received a BSOD for ndis.sys - INTERRUPT_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Bug Check Code: 0x0000003d
Caused By Address: ndis.sys+2f1e5
Viewed it using BlueScreenViewer

This sounds simply to me.. but just want to make sure I don't cause further problems for myself.
I have attached my diag files.

A:BSOD - Fresh Install of Win7 Home Prem 64bit - While playing cod4

Hi tmad

NDIS.sys belongs to your NIC driver

Realtek RTL8111E LAN Driver

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/285277-bsod-fresh-install-win7-home-prem-64bit-while-playing-cod4.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I have a Dell Inspiron running Win home premium bit SP - rd Gen i - U proc I'm trying to save a System prem Dell Win7 home 5748 64bit sys Inspiron in image Install Image and transfer it to a Dell Inspiron that is running Win - th Gen i - U proc The had Win HP bit SP loaded on it but I lost it due to an unsuccessful attempt to load a Sys Image into it I didn't know my last success doing this was because I had identical computers And the only came with Win Disk which I loaded to see if i could live with it but I can't Too many legacy programs that won't run in Dell did send me the Sys Disk and license code for the if that would help at any stage I've read a lot on the forums about Sysprep OOBE and Generalizing and Audit Mode and I'm Install sys image Win7 home prem 64bit in Dell Inspiron 5748 not clear which tutorial i should use to get this to work I believe I need Install sys image Win7 home prem 64bit in Dell Inspiron 5748 to reconfig the BIOS in some ways too I also have downloaded all suggested drivers from Dell and have them on a USB drive Thanks in advance for any help From my browsing this looks like a pretty amazing forum

A:Install sys image Win7 home prem 64bit in Dell Inspiron 5748

I'm not sure I follow you, but:

You aren't likely to get away with moving a Windows installation from Inspiron 5721 to some other machine, Inspiron 5748 or not. That would violate the license terms, let alone whatever other issues you might run into--different drivers, different chipsets, different Intel generations, etc.

Is that what you have in mind?

Or do you in fact have another Windows 7 license that you want to put on the 5748?

Or?

You say "Dell did send me the Sys7 Disk and license code". For which machine?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/356112-install-sys-image-win7-home-prem-64bit-dell-inspiron-5748-a.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I am working on 32bit 64bit Win7 Installing machine? Win7 on a Dell Studio running Win Home Premium I need to run a piece of hardware Tascam US that is incompatiable with the bit OS My plan is to partition the drive and install Win bit on the new partition so I can run the mentioned hardware I ve done this on another machine Dual Boot XP and Win and ran into a problems with the bootloader I learned to install older OS FIRST because of that I m wondering if installing Win bit on a current Win bit machine will cause a similar problem with bootloaders I d rather not have to mess with the Installing Win7 32bit on Win7 64bit machine? bootloaders but I really need to run this hardware And since this is a Dell with touchscreen and most IMPORTANTLY a friend s computer I want to be sure I m not going to cause issues I can t fix So again will installing Win bit on a new partition of a Win bit machine cause problems with the bootloader or any other foreseeable problems Thanks a bunch

A:Installing Win7 32bit on Win7 64bit machine?

http://tascam.com/content/downloads/products/311/US-122_Win_driver_3_40_notes_E.pdf

This says that the drivers work with 64-bit Vista. Have you tried using the Vista driver?

Driver: http://tascam.com/content/downloads/products/311/US122_Win_3.40f.zip

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/441033/installing-win7-32bit-on-win7-64bit-machine/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi guys,

I have a few quick questions...

I have an HP Pavillion DV6500 laptop that came preinstalled with 32bit Vista.
Right now I am using Windows 7 Evaluation Copy Build 7100 32bit.

I'm wondering if there's any way to upgrade to 64bit windows 7 when the upgrade disc comes out in October or even now.

I don't mind having to reformat the hard drive.

Can I possibly reformat the hard drive now and install a fresh copy of windows 7 rc b4bit?

I tried talking to HP support about this, but they wouldn't give me a direct answer to any question.

They wouldn't even tell me if my laptop could support 64bit. (I did some research, and I think it can.)

Thanks in advance!

A:Upgrade from Windows 7 32bit RC1 to Windows 7 64bit

You have to reformat your hard drive and then do a clean install of 64-bit of windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/16470-upgrade-windows-7-32bit-rc1-windows-7-64bit.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I purchased a Win7 upgrade (both disks 64 and 32bit) and I installed a custom upgrade using the 32 bit on an old WinXP computer that crashed and has been since been destroyed ....(parts used for other computers....except the HDD which was bad)Can I put the Win7 upgrade on another WinXP computer that is working it is 32 bit as well (my wife's WinXP Pro)?Or am I out $119 bucks for the Win7 DVD....BTW: I have never used the Win7 64bit DVDThanks in advanced.... I searched the Internet and prior posts but could not get a straight answer

A:Reusing win7 upgrade disk

If I wanted to know...I would just try it.

I have both disks also (family pack) and plan to try such eventually, since I had one install on a system I gave away (after removing the Win 7hard drive/install).

The answer should be pretty clear quickly.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/310241/reusing-win7-upgrade-disk/
Relevancy 81.7%

I bought a ASUS that had a failed c-mos from the factory. only 2 months after i bought it. Before that happen i ordered the asus OEM win7 upgrade disk then my computer crashes now today the disk came. Can i use this asus oem upgrade disk to upgrade my dell vista to win7? Will it change my needed drivers for my dell and install asus drivers. Or is this simply just an upgrade disk similar to the one you buy retail expect for the key restrictions and will work to upgrade my other computer? both are x64 my dell vista and the asus win7 upgrade. Thanks!!

A:Non activated OEM upgrade disk win7

I notice Acer is sending clean copies of Win7 upgrade with keys attached, then another disk with drivers/apps which is surprisingly bloat-free.

It would be interesting to know if the keys are OEM coded to the Vista OEM being upgraded.

It seems highly unlikely that MS would allow manufacturers to mail out free Upgrade copies with no OEM restrictions on the key. But I'll bet that there are some who are testing it already.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/41469-non-activated-oem-upgrade-disk-win7.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I have 2 netbooks with windows7 starter edition on them, I reently purchased an upgrade family pack from Ebay and mistakenly didn't releaze it was software to upgrade from Windows Vista to Windows7 Home Premium edition. Before I break the seal, I was wondering if this would work, can I use this upgrade software(Vista to Windows7 Home Premium), to upgrade my windows7 starter edition to full Home Premium or will it not work correctly.
I appreciate any help offered.
Thanks

A:Upgrade Win7 starter using win7 upgrade software for Vista?

Hello there, wil.

There's no problem at all. follow this tutorial and you'll be able to install them without problems.

Clean Install Windows 7

EDIT: sorry, is this one:

Although you may need an external USB DVD-Drive or installing your Windows 7 from a USB

USB Windows 7 Installation Key Drive - Create

And that'll be it

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/146770-upgrade-win7-starter-using-win7-upgrade-software-vista.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi I recently formatted my XP SP harddrive and installed a legit Windows Professional update over the top Its worked fine for multiple boots until I upgrade Win7 Disk Error Read after had the first big windows update go through and since then I Disk Read Error after Win7 upgrade get the quot A Disk Read Error has occured quot message on startup The first time this occured I managed to boot off the update disc and roll back the update then the machine booted fine The updates of course installed again next time I turned the machine off and again I got the disk read error on boot-up although now the machine is not recognising my keyboard The OS is installed on a sigle partition gb SATA drive with a tb SATA drive running secondary I realise this isn't a lot of info to go off but being unable to get into the PC there isn't much more I can find out If anyone has experienced something similar please let me know thanks

A:Disk Read Error after Win7 upgrade

Can you use the keyboard at all, like when during the BIOS POST to get into the advanced options menu (F10 or F8, can't remember off the top of my head). I would try to do the same thing you did before, and then set Windows Updates to ask your permission before installing anything. Then you can install 2 or 3 at a time, which usually works better than installing a large number of them at once.

It could be that some piece of hard ware is actually going bad. Based on the symptoms, I'd say the hard drive or the mother board.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/104096-disk-read-error-after-win7-upgrade.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I am looking at getting new CPU and don't know which way to go.
Windows7 64x or windows7 32x. My Notebook is Win7 32 can I network together with no problems (well almost no problems)

A:Network 64bit win7 to a 32bit win7

they will network just fine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/79052-network-64bit-win7-32bit-win7.html
Relevancy 79.98%

First post so please be gentle

I'm upgrading my Dell Studio XPS Desktop 435MT systems hard disk to an SSD & was wondering is it possible to to load Windows 7 from the dell upgrade disk or would i have to load vista first & then upgrade to Windows 7?

Just had a look at the clean install tutorial but it does state on the top of the page & is highlighted that this is from a "Retail" upgrade version & all i have is a dell upgrade disk from vista. Will this cause a problem?

TIA

OO

A:How do you do a clean install of Win7 from an dell upgrade disk

Put the disk in the dvd drive then boot from dvd and see if it gives you the option.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/138890-how-do-you-do-clean-install-win7-dell-upgrade-disk.html
Relevancy 79.98%

I have attached my CBS log file I have an Corsair SSD drive that I boot from and TB of regular drives Recently my SSD has slowed to a crawl and just moving deleting copying produced errors and lockups No virus or malware Did not know I had to switch BIOS unable to SFC Win7 using disk FAILURE; upgrade/repair OS settings to AHCI Did that but still get errors Did all the regular troubleshooting stuff chkdsk defrag registry optimize clean Did SFC scannow and found a bunch of errors that it could not fix Downloaded from SFC FAILURE; unable to upgrade/repair using Win7 disk this site the ISO to build Win SP but no matter what I do it still says my installation is newer than it is and stops the install repair So I am back to trying to manually fixing the SFC errors But I SFC FAILURE; unable to upgrade/repair using Win7 disk have no idea what these errors mean even looked them up and still don't get it For instance what does this mean How do you manually repair this quot POQ starts Move File Source l quot SystemRoot WinSxS Temp PendingRenames c f a dcd cf f b a cdf-ms quot Destination l quot SystemRoot WinSxS FileMaps cdf-ms quot Move File Source l quot SystemRoot WinSxS Temp PendingRenames e f a dcd d f b a cdf-ms quot Destination l quot SystemRoot WinSxS FileMaps cdf-ms quot Move File Source l quot SystemRoot WinSxS Temp PendingRenames f f a dcd d f b a schcache SFC FAILURE; unable to upgrade/repair using Win7 disk f a d decb cc cdf-ms quot Destination l quot SystemRoot WinSxS FileMaps schcache f a d decb cc cdf-ms quot Create Directory Directory l quot C Windows SchCache quot Attributes Move File Source l quot SystemRoot WinSxS Temp PendingRenames a f a dcd d f b a system f a c a f b cdf-ms quot Destination l quot SystemRoot WinSxS FileMaps system f a c a f b cdf-ms quot Move File Source l quot SystemRoot WinSxS Temp PendingRenames be af a dcd d f b a system logfiles ait b d e c cdf-ms quot Destination l quot SystemRoot WinSxS FileMaps system logfiles ait b d e c cdf-ms quot Move File Source l quot SystemRoot WinSxS Temp PendingRenames cebe af a dcd d f b a programdata microsoft windo ws ait a e ffe cdf-ms quot Destination l quot SystemRoot WinSxS FileMaps programdata microsoft windows ait a e ffe cdf-ms quot Create Directory Directory l quot C Windows System LogFiles AIT quot Attributes Move File Source l quot SystemRoot WinSxS Temp PendingRenames f a dcd d f b a diagnostics system audio d b c ca f cdf-ms quot Destination l quot SystemRoot WinSxS FileMaps diagnostics system audio d b c ca f cdf-ms quot Move File Source l quot SystemRoot WinSxS Temp Pendin - - Info CSI gRenames f a dcd d f b a diagnostics system audio en-us fb d d cdf-ms quot Destination l quot SystemRoot WinSxS FileMaps diagnostics system audio en-us fb d d cdf-ms quot Move File Source l quot SystemRoot WinSxS Temp PendingRenames e f a dcd d f b a diagnostics system aero b c b f cdf-ms quot Destination l quot SystemRoot WinSxS FileMaps diagnostics system aero b c b f cdf-ms quot Move File Source l quot SystemRoot WinSxS Temp PendingRenames f d f a dcd d f b a diagnostics system aero en-us a ac a d cdf-ms quot Destination l quot SystemRoot WinSxS FileMaps diagnostics system aero en-us a ac a d cdf-ms quot Move File Source l quot SystemRoot WinSxS Temp PendingRenames f b a f a dcd d f b a system manifeststore d b f be c e cdf-ms quot Destination l quot SystemRoot WinSxS FileMaps system manifeststore d b f be c e cdf-ms quot Move File Source l quot SystemRoot WinSxS Temp PendingRenames ca f a dcd da f b a help windows en-us b e c e cdf-ms quot Destination l quot SystemRoot WinSxS FileMaps help windows en-us b e c e cdf-ms quot Move File Source l quot SystemRoot WinSxS Temp PendingRenames a f a dcd db f b a help help en-us e e a bf c cdf-ms quot Destination l quot SystemRoot WinSxS FileMaps help help en-us e e a bf c cdf-ms quot Move File Source l quot SystemRoot WinSxS Temp PendingRenames fa ea f a dcd dc f b a appcompat programs c f bd f ca cdf-ms quot Destination l... Read more

A:SFC FAILURE; unable to upgrade/repair using Win7 disk

Does your installation have SP1? Is it a different bit-version 32- or 64-bit? These are the most common reasons for the error during Repair Install.

Does the problem persist after unplugging the other HD's?

What I would consider is getting a perfect Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version following only the Best Practices in the tutorial to setup and maintain the install, then in the future fall back on a Win7 backup image if these problems arise again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/243635-sfc-failure-unable-upgrade-repair-using-win7-disk.html
Relevancy 79.55%

if install win7 64bit on one hdd and win7 32bit on a diferent hdd but in the same computer can i indervidualy boot from either and will my product key
work for both so i can update both indervidualy .

A:win7 32bit and 64bit

I'm sorry but no, each install requires a separate license (product key).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/win7-32bit-and-64bit-661225.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi All
I have purchased 8gb of ram upgrade to help speed up my home video work. I am currently running Win7 Home Premium in 32bit mode. I have read that 64bit handles larger ram over 4gb better.

It appears from what I have read that if I install 64bit from my existing disk it will do a clean start and wipe out all the existing installation. I want to avoid doing that a back up never seems to catch everthing and it can be a real pain setting it all up again.

SO if I purchase Win Ultimate Upgrade can I install it using the 64bit option without wiping out all my files?

OR is there any other way of doing it?

Thanks for any advise offered.

A:Win7 32bit to 64bit

Quote: Originally Posted by Ken Davison

Hi All
I have purchased 8gb of ram upgrade to help speed up my home video work. I am currently running Win7 Home Premium in 32bit mode. I have read that 64bit handles larger ram over 4gb better.

It appears from what I have read that if I install 64bit from my existing disk it will do a clean start and wipe out all the existing installation. I want to avoid doing that a back up never seems to catch everthing and it can be a real pain setting it all up again.

SO if I purchase Win Ultimate Upgrade can I install it using the 64bit option without wiping out all my files?

OR is there any other way of doing it?

Thanks for any advise offered.

No. When you go from 32bit to 64 you must do a clean install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/181241-win7-32bit-64bit.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I had 32bit xp in my system. I did a full wipe and tried to install 64bit 7. It would not let me so I had to do the 32bit win7. Did I do somthing wrong? Could I have used the 64bit disk? I really would like 64bit. What would I have to do?

ASUS M3A78-T
Phenom II x4 940 3.0ghz.

A:32bit xp to 64bit win7?

Quote: Originally Posted by Stevo

I had 32bit xp in my system. I did a full wipe and tried to install 64bit 7. It would not let me so I had to do the 32bit win7. Did I do somthing wrong? Could I have used the 64bit disk? I really would like 64bit. What would I have to do?

ASUS M3A78-T
Phenom II x4 940 3.0ghz.

The first step would be to see if your computer has the specs for 64 bit. Go to Microsoft.com and use the Windows Upgrade Advisor. If you do have the required specs, you should be able to install.

If you can install, wipe clean, do not give your key, when asked, just continue with the process. After installation use it for a while, if satisfied install programs. After you know that you are good, supply your key number. At this point make a system image and put it in a safe place. You will be set, now. If a problem ever occurs you can use the system image to get up and going again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/45876-32bit-xp-64bit-win7.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I currently have Vista Home Premium 32bit installed on my computer. I am thinking of upgrading to Win7 Home Premium 64bit. What would be the best way to do this? Will my program files transfer automaticly? Should I do a clean install or just the upgrade? Would it be better to stay with 32bit Win7? I am only moderatly computer literate and would like to keep it as simple as possible. The reason I want to go to 64bit is to get more RAM for gaming. Thank you for any and all advice you can give.

A:Win Vista 32bit to Win7 64bit

Don't do it - unless you are damn sure that you can find x64 drivers for ALL devices - check the Device manager.

Unless the games are pure x64, they will still be limited tom the limitations set forth by x86.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/win-vista-32bit-to-win7-64bit-437538.html
Relevancy 78.69%

This is just a personal opinion and others may very well disagree. But I think Windows 7 64-bit is better than 32-bit simply because of the ability to make better use of installed memory. A 32-bit machine is limited to 4GB minus whatever memory might be set aside for graphics, etc. Most folks see about 3 - 3.5GB of usable RAM on a 32-bit machine. If your machine is upgradeable (or came with) more than 4GB RAM then 64-bit is the way to go.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...ndows-7-a.html

As far as using older legacy XP programs you could try running them in compatibility mode.

Compatibility Mode

Or, since you indicate you're using Ultimate, you also have the option to download the free Windows XP Mode which may let you have an even better experience.

Windows XP Mode - Windows 7 features - Microsoft Windows

A:Is 32bit Win7 better than 64bit for most purposes?

Another vote for the recommendations from marsimar (us South Texans think alike).

64 bit is the only choice in my opinion.

Here's another link for you:
32-bit and 64-bit Windows&#58; frequently asked questions

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/228637-32bit-win7-better-than-64bit-most-purposes.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello all Welp I made a mistake when I first put my computer together in that I chose a bit version of Windows As of right now I have g of ram and a few games that would prefer bit so I kind of screwed myself Fortunately I now have a chance to get Win Ultimate bit on the cheap through school I m wondering at the process I m going to have to use to do this My operating system is currently on my C drive which is a separate SSD with only a couple other programs and games Effectively all of my music documents other programs are on the D drive on a separate HDD I realize I m probably going to have to reinstall just about every program especially games because of bit programming differences My question is can I get away with only formatting the SSD to install the new OS Should I remove the media HDD while I m doing this process Will my documents music etc be safe on the HDD Is there some other route I should take besides formatting the SSD Any help is greatly appreciated

A:Win7 Pro 32bit to Win7Ult 64bit

Hello,

Did you purchase the 32bit version of Windows 7?
If you did then you should have the 64bit version on the discs as well.
If you already have a genuine copy of windows 7 you can you use the product key for either 32bit or 64bit with the same license. So you don't have to buy another one.

And yes you can keep your media hard drive intact. I'm assuming that your SSD is smaller then your Media Drive. so when you go to format and install just be 100% your choosing the SSD drive.

Yes all games and applications will have to be installed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/424990/win7-pro-32bit-to-win7ult-64bit/
Relevancy 78.69%

This error show PC Strat After 1Hours

A:Win8 64bit Win7 32bit

What is "PC Strat" ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/322262-win8-64bit-win7-32bit.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I see that most PCs offered today ship with Windows7 64bit OS. Can I re-install with Windows7 32-bit and activate it with the same activation key?

I want to stick with 32bit OS for now and eventually switch to 64bit in the future. I am hoping I don't need to pay for 2 copies of windows7 to do this....

Thanks

A:win7 64bit/32bit activation

The same rules apply for keys as they did with Vista. The key works with either platform, as long as you use the same version. The key for Pro x86 will also work for Pro x64...but only one at a time.

On a side note, unless you have a very specific piece of software or an unique, older hardware device without x64 support, there's little to no reason to avoid x64. There's a reason why most new PCs ship with it. Don't cling to the past for the "comfort" factor. Do so only if you have a unique or specific reason for doing so.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/91681-win7-64bit-32bit-activation.html
Relevancy 78.69%

hye.I had a problem with my windows seven.while installation i format all partition.
Then i have windows 7 64bit cd only.after installation 64bit, the windows can't compatible with 32bit program.So I want to downgra
de to 32bit.How to do it??help me

A:How to downgrade from 64bit to 32bit win7

You need to do a clean install (with format) of the 32 bit (X86) version. There is no way to upgrade or downgrade between 32 and 64.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/44708-how-downgrade-64bit-32bit-win7.html