Windows Support Forum

Configuring ADSL modem in bridge mode

Q: Configuring ADSL modem in bridge mode

Hi guys,

I have an ADSL TP-Link modem model TD-8817 version 6. I want to configure it in bridge mode. The only thing I know about that is my VPI is 0 and the VCI is 35. Does anyone know how to do that step-by-step please?

Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/configuring-adsl-modem-in-bridge-mode.198048/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Configuring ADSL modem in bridge mode

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 56.76%

I own a netgear dgn1000 modem+router and it is not working properly so I am using a sustitute modem right now and when I tried configuring my netgear modem once again using my laptop there is a problem occuring...
I am using internet through wifi through substitute modem...when I connect netgear modem to my lappy for configuring through 192.168.1.1 the site doesnot open in fact internet does not work and when I remove the lan cable through netgear modem and use wifi on my sustitute modem it works fine

note: inernet is now continuously working through substitute bsnl modem only...the problem occurs only when lan is connected through netgear modem...

A:Problem configuring my netgear modem

Here's a link for the user's guide containing the install instructions - - Did you use the Install Wizard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-configuring-my-netgear-modem.216226/
Relevancy 21.07%

My monitor going to sleep mode if I connect to my nvidia VGA card card.
LG monitor saying "SLEEP MODE ACTIVATED" Red light is blinking
BUT
I connect to my on board VGA it's working properly....
Please Help

Advance thanks .....

A:VGA card on Sleep Mode

The "sleep mode activated" message is normal on the monitor if it is receiving no signal from the PC (VGA card). You need to connect it to on board VGA and tell your system which card to use (or which order) in the BIOS. I cannot tell you how to get into BIOS since I do not know your PC brand/model.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vga-card-on-sleep-mode.215807/
Relevancy 23.65%

I just bought a new Modem (Netgear CM500) to use with a Linksys WRT54G Router... using Win 7 on Desktop and Win 8 on HP Laptop.
When connecting the Modem to the Desktop all is well with Internet. When I remove the cable from the DeskTop to go into the Router (along with adding the cable from the Modem to the router). initially I had the set up working. I unplugged the cable to move the component and now I can not get the router to work and I can only use the Internet when the Router is out of the connection.
I lose internet connection on Desktop and Laptop when trying to use the router. I have removed power from both modem and router in many different ways and rebooted both systems. I cannot access 192.168.1.1 and I have reset the Router. I'm out of ideas.

Please help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/netgear-cm500-modem-to-linksys-wrt54g.213798/
Relevancy 23.22%

So basically how the title is.

My internet would drop out/freeze. Router doesn't indicate any change in service. I plug my laptop into the modem, and have prime speeds.

Restart the router. Works for awhile.
Reinstalled the firmware manually on the router.
Set the Channel off of "Auto" and put on various options of 9, 10, 11 to avoid clashes with other networks.

Freezes. Now the router indicates there's no connection. Drag the cord out of modem and test. Prime speeds.

Okay, screw this - I went and bought a new router yesterday because, sure, that Belkin one was 2-3 years old. Set it up with same channel settings, etc.
Same.
Freaking.
Thing.

I have a laptop that runs a VPN (for work) that uses it, plus multiple iphones (3) and ipads (2) an AppleTV and a Samsung smart TV.

Like, help me please here.

A:Internet Drops Out, Consistent Speed with Modem, New Router - no solution

OK, but lets solve on thing at a time 1) ignore the VPN at work and let's get the home router stabilized.
The mobile devices are difficult to diagnose, so 2) stick with the PC for now.

Standard questions:

did you update the ethernet & wifi drivers on the PC?
have you looked to ensure your new router has the latest firmware?
*if* you have a DSL connection to the ISP, do you have the line filters on EVERY device connected to the phone line EXCEPT the line to the modem? *MUST HAVE*
Got to get these right first.

THEN, find the MTU that's right for you AT HOME and set that into the new router:

get a command prompt
ping -l 1500 -f 8.8.8.8
as long as you see Packet needs to be fragmented but DF set., reduce the 1500 by 8 and iterate with the new number
:: record the MTU that works for your ISP at home
The router conf page is accessible using your browser and HTTP://your_router_address/
You need the router password
set the new MTU. Also set a new router password and save the settngs.

The wired connection should be solid at this point.

The wifi should also be better, as long as you avoid other stations with the same channel.
I assume you've see the post re inSSIDER for wifi setup.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-drops-out-consistent-speed-with-modem-new-router-no-solution.212305/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi I have my new PC for a months everything worked perfect till one morning I turned it on and the monitor SAMSUNG tried to detect the graphic card ASUS R without any success and turned to sleep mode The monitor works without problems with another PC or Laptop I connected the VGA card to my tv LG and it works without problems after when I connected it back to my monitor it works but not stable in the screen resolution properties it doesn t recognize turn to and sleep detect Monitor mode Card Graphics can't the monitor it s going in safe mode for any entering to game installing some program or restarting of the computer I tried to put my Graphics Card can't detect Monitor and turn to sleep mode GTX into that slot there are slots for graphic cards and I tried both of them instead of R and everything works without problems So I decided to connect my GTX that works perfect to x slot and the R to Graphics Card can't detect Monitor and turn to sleep mode x slot connecting the monitor to GTX it detect also the R without any problems but when I disconnect the monitor from the GTX and connect to R the monitor going to safe mode again I tried all these connections with many different cables all the cables are in working condition If somebody can help me I will be grateful Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-cant-detect-monitor-and-turn-to-sleep-mode.212064/
Relevancy 24.51%

I'm trying to add ascend modem in my basement so I get a better connection down there, since that's where my Smart TV is. I changed the SSID and password to the same as my other one, and changed some other settings to match that of the other. When I try to connect my laptop via Ethernet it won't connect to the Internet. The two modems are the same model, and I am not well experienced in these things, any and all help is appreciated.

A:Adding second modem

*I'm trying to add a second modem,
Sorry for any other typos

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-second-modem.207409/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hello guys I have not been here in awhile but I hope there s someone out there PS4 Firewalled Xbox One issues NAT Double - and (Modem/Router) that can help shed some light on the issue I am having Hopefully someone can suggest a fix and it ll all work or at least point me in the right direction Xbox One and PS4 NAT issues - Double Firewalled (Modem/Router) and possibly explain anything I may be overlooking or misunderstanding I have a basic understanding of networking so I can work my way around my routers and modem etc To start a small introductory of my issue as you can see from the title I have an issue getting Open NAT for my PS and Xbox One I have firewalls to go through my network setup is as follows Modem gt Router Router Router Bridged gt Device However I have other Routers in the house that are bridged to extend strengthen signal in different parts of the house I have opened the suggested ports for Xbox One on both my Modem ZyXel P- R-F and my Router TL-WR ND I have not configured any special settings on the bridged routers the PS connects by wire Xbox one by wireless same floor as the main Router I have followed guides on setting both of them up First on Portforward com then found a video for my ZyXel modem and it suggested to disable the Active Firewall and Bypass Triangle Route Also to change the NAT SUA Only changed to it was Lastly it suggested to turn off the Enable SIP ALG setting For my router some suggested to just let UPnP do it s job and disable the Port Forwards Virtual Servers it s called in the settings I have tried with just UPnP and with Port Fowards neither make a difference I even disabled the Port Fowards on the Modem and had UPnP on both but to no avail To clarify something if I use Port Fowarding should I have UPnP off OR will they work in together I have done restarts on all devices router modem Xbox One when any changes have been made On my XBO I have turned it to quot Energy Saving quot mode as I have read in several places that it can effect UPnP negatively if it is in quot Instant On quot mode I have tried to set the Reserved Address in my Router for my XBO as another site video said that having a Static IP set on the XBO can cause problems I have tried the static IP set through the XBO and through the router neither makes a difference On my Router I have several firewall settings that are not mentioned by any guides as to if they should be altered the settings allow me to Disable or Enable All currently enabled Firewall SPI Firewall VPN PPTP Passthrough L TP Passthrough IPSec Passthrough ALG FTP ALG TFTP ALG H ALG RTSP ALG I also tried to set up Port Triggering to see if that would help and set the protocol to ALL for all of them originally set them up to the proper TCP UDP but it wasn t working so I changed it to ALL But that did not work either I am not sure if I am missing any other information feel free to ask for anything I am missing My LAN address for my Modem and Router are different eg Modem and for my Router Will this effect how NAT works or cause my issues Thank you P S I know I have not added any troubleshooting for the PS I do not own it and I want to get one device working before I start fiddling with the next nbsp

A:Xbox One and PS4 NAT issues - Double Firewalled (Modem/Router)

Is there no one out there who's network expertise could help me? Hoping this one bump will get this some attention as I have tried everything possible I can with my setup that I can think of, need some fresh ideas.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xbox-one-and-ps4-nat-issues-double-firewalled-modem-router.208494/
Relevancy 23.65%

Toshiba laptop. Internet at the bottom right says there is a connection available, but says the settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network. It has to be plugged in to the modem to access Internet. Speakers do not work. Ports do not work either. I had it in for repair and he thought it might be the motherboard, but he couldn't fix the other one and I got help with Broni on here and it works fine now. I am hoping someone on here can help me fix this one. It has no viruses; it's clean. Thanks!

A:Laptop cannot access the Internet unless it is hooked to the modem

Ok, the modem=>pc config working says networking is at least sane.

To get the modem=>router=>pc to work, the pc should not have ANY configuration data stored in the network adapter settings. Can you find and clear the network adapter for yourself?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-cannot-access-the-internet-unless-it-is-hooked-to-the-modem.207405/
Relevancy 23.65%

About or months ago I switched to a new internet provider whom also sent me a new modem Problem is is that To My Party Modem How 3rd To Connect Provider's New My Service? this new modem prevents my burglar alarm s dial out alert system from contacting my nominated phone numbers during an activation test If I turn off the modem there is no problem the alarm works perfectly This would be fine except that my brother in law lives next door and uses my internet connection so it is inconvenient if I m away and have to switch the modem off to have the alarm fully functional Prior to the provider change over I was using a rd party TP-Link TD-W ND modem with my prior service provider This modem caused no problems at all with the function of the burglar alarm when left on Therefore I would like to use the TP-Link modem again but I can t get it to work on the new service From memory the modem that was supplied by the new provider was basically plug and play and all I did was just cable it in and there was no keyboard work required This is why I don t know why the TP modem doesn t work since I didn t change anything Evidently there are some How To Connect My 3rd Party Modem To My New Provider's Service? configurations that do need altering but I haven t got a clue Any help or ideas Tom nbsp

A:How To Connect My 3rd Party Modem To My New Provider's Service?

Hello there, You need to apply the appropriate ADSL and network settings on the modem so it can connect to your new provider's network. The ISP support should provide those. Hope you get it up and running soon.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-connect-my-3rd-party-modem-to-my-new-providers-service.207609/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello all,

I use an ADSL modem for accessing Internet in my home. I think my wifi password is stolen. I wanna change it but I have a computer only in my office and use the Internet in my home by my iPhone. Is there a way to change that password with my iPhone or should I surely use a computer to do that work, please?

A:How to change the Wifi password of an ADSL modem without a computer

Hello abbasi ,
You can use your iPhone to log in the router and change the wireless settings, however this isn't usually recommended. If something goes wrong when configuring the wireless settings and you are not able to connect to the router you'll need a device that can be connected via Ethernet cable to restore the access.
If this router is supplied by your ISP you can ask them if they have remote access to it to change the password.
Hope that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-change-the-wifi-password-of-an-adsl-modem-without-a-computer.207093/
Relevancy 55.47%

I bought a ADSL Modem D-Link 2730U

We are connecting to the Modem via Laptop, PC, Phone,... at the same time.

I want to know how can I monitor network(Receive/Send) for each user who connected to the Modem.

Can I do such thing?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitoring-network-for-each-user-connected-to-adsl-router-modem.206910/
Relevancy 31.39%

I m trying to configure Surround Sound but Realtek doesn t seem to be installing and it s configuring speakers driver 5.1 Realtek Trouble Sound; issues Surround to driving me nuts I have installed the driver provided by Gigabyte for my motherboard Trouble configuring speakers to 5.1 Surround Sound; Realtek driver issues and it s not doing anything It installs asks me to restart the PC but nothing is Trouble configuring speakers to 5.1 Surround Sound; Realtek driver issues there OS is Windows -bit Gigabyte says that my motherboard supports both and Surround Sound so I don t understand why I can t configure my speakers to run it only lets me use Stereo Device manager only shows High Definition Audio Device and Control Panel doesn t show Realtek at all Realtek Audio Manager doesn t appear either it s not in the system tray icons where I would usually find it Even searching for Realtek brings up nothing other than all the drivers I have downloaded to see if they would work Link to motherboard s Realtek driver as provided by Gigabyte http www gigabyte com products product-page aspx pid dl Link to motherboard s specification http www gigabyte com products product-page aspx pid sp Image showing my device manager gt sound http gyazo com ad b bd e ae a Any ideas as to what the problem is I can t seem to find anything audio related in BIOS either nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-configuring-speakers-to-5-1-surround-sound-realtek-driver-issues.206888/
Relevancy 20.64%

I am working on a Toshiba L750 laptop with Windows 7, it was booting to the desktop for a few seconds and then turning off, if I boot into safe mode it works fine. Thinking it was software related I am in the process of reloading the software using the recovery partition software but it seems to be now doing the same now it loading the various programs on top of windows.
Any suggestions gladly received.

A:Toshiba laptop turning off but OK when in safe mode.

I would suspect the graphic card driver, or that the screen resolution is set too high.
Safe mode boots the pc with the minimum, but working MS drivers.
You could try safe mode, then device manager, and uninstall the graphic card driver. Then do a normal boot .
Windows should fall back to a reliable MS driver running in SVGA mode, or just above that. It should be stable.
I would also run 'sfc /scannow', to try to correct any simple Windows O/S problems.
Best source for the drivers would be Toshiba's site.
( Of course it could also be overheating but not if it's fine in safe mode.)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-laptop-turning-off-but-ok-when-in-safe-mode.206427/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello all,

I use an ADSL for Internet. The modem is wiry (not wireless). I plug the Ethernet cable from that modem into my laptop for accessing Internet. Everything until now is OK. But I want use the Internet on my cell phone as well. For it I need to use the wifi card of the laptop, this time, as a sender, for wifi Internet accessing for the cell phone!

1- Is it possible?
2- If yes, How to configure that card please?

Thanks.

A:Using laptop as a wireless modem for wifi uses

What kind of phone do you have? If you have wifi, I don't understand why you can't go into the wifi setting on your phone, find wifi & amongst other possible networks should be yours.
Or just get the manual for it , online if need be & go for it. Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-laptop-as-a-wireless-modem-for-wifi-uses.206334/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi I m using windows OS and Internet DSL Wifi but Router modem not through connected through using Reliance DSL broadband When I connect to internet directly through modem Internet is accessed but when I use D-Link DIR- Internet connected through DSL modem but not through Wifi Router router Internet connected through DSL modem but not through Wifi Router It shows you are offline and shows limited connectivity Ip configuration through wired connection is as below C Users Hiren s gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix local Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Link-local IPv Address fe c e b a eb aa IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap reliancebroadband co in Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in IPv Address bed e d bed e d Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address ef fd cc c b Link-local IPv Address fe cc c b Default Gateway When I try to connect with wifi It shows limited connectivity and I can t open login page for ISP Ip config when connected through wifi is below C Users Hiren s gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix local Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Link-local IPv Address fe c e b a eb aa IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap reliancebroadband co in Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in IPv Address bed e d bed e d Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address ef fd cc c b Link-local IPv Address fe cc c b Default Gateway C Users Hiren s gt nbsp

A:Internet connected through DSL modem but not through Wifi Router

I also tried friend's TP-Link router, with my Cable, Then it connects perfectly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connected-through-dsl-modem-but-not-through-wifi-router.205006/
Relevancy 24.08%

I am currently using a basic DSL Modem to access the Internet It is connected to a WRT G Router with long range antennas and my current for WRT54G Linksys LTE use modem with V with dd-wrt works like a dream for multiple users All connection is via WIFI except a VoIP unit plugged into one of the Router ports All of this has proven reliable and works very well I am interested in replacing only the DSL Modem with ATT LTE hotspot like Sierra S or NetGear S by using a mini USB to LAN adaptor cable to connect to the router and program off the hotspot built-in WIFI output These units will accept MIMO higher gain antennas and should work well in this hilly area I have contacted a number of so called tech support folks and I might LTE modem for use with Linksys WRT54G as well have been speaking in French It makes perfect sense to me to simply want a LTE modem for use with Linksys WRT54G modem replacement which gets it s Internet access from cell towers I can only find quot enterprise quot boxes at absurd prices that seem to have this capability Am I crazy What am I missing here One thing I do see clearly with specifications that are incomplete and visible connectors etc not described anywhere in so called specifications is that this is all about marketing and a concept push as to how these and similar products should be used I would appreciate any experience or information on this I can t understand why this is not a typical or standard application Many folks are set up with good routers Thank you nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lte-modem-for-use-with-linksys-wrt54g.204800/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi there,

I'm looking for some advise on how to configure a LAN on a Cisco 887 through the CLI.
We are trying to set up a LAN party, we have given the vlan the ip address 192.168.1.1 and the computers ip within this network. We are able to ping each computer and the router but cannot set up a game. What additional configuration is needed? We have basic networking knowledge but are at a loss for how to make this work.

Kind Regards,

A:Configuring LAN for gaming through CLI

Have you tried to open or forward the TCP/UDP ports needed for that particular game to work in your network?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/configuring-lan-for-gaming-through-cli.203353/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have an internet connection that I have extended to my Brother in law's house, next door. At the moment, I basically have two LAN cables coming out of my modem/router, one going to my computer and another, extended cable, going to his computer.
However, he wants to use his spare modem/router, which has wifi capability, to allow his son to use his own computer downstair with only wifi.
Therefore, will there be any conflicts if I simply splice in a Lan cable or add a lan socket for the second modem/router (wifi location.) at the appropriate point along Lan cable 2? See diagram below.
If there is a possibility of conflict what would be an alternate wiring method?

Thanks,
Tom.

A:Adding extra wifi (modem/router) to my already extended network

Good drawing and this will work just fine. In fact, that's what I use to get access at the far end of the house. Here's the trick;

router#1(lan slot) ---- (lan slot) router#2 with wifi​
Notice that #2 WAN slot is left empty! This places all systems on the same subnet of the router#1 {what you are doing is making router#2 act like a switch which has wifi support (y) }

* Give router# a unique LAN address (If #1 is 192.168.1.1, then make #2 192.168.1.1) This will allow each to be manage via a browser connection
* in router#2 disable DHCP. This forces #1 to be the manager of the entire network and it will handout all IP addresses
Personally, I use the MAC addresses of my devices to enable router#1 to use Address Reservation of IP address for all devices attached to #1 (ie I map the devices to the range 1.2-> 1.10)

Then set the DHCP range in #1 to 1.100-1.50
These will be used for all devices attached (wired or wifi) to #2

Optional:
All systems can then use the firewall to allow or deny access for one or both halves of the network. EG: I permit access for 1-10 and 255 while denying 100-254​ALL system must allow the top-end address 255 as that is the broadcast address that is used to hand out the DHCP data.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-extra-wifi-modem-router-to-my-already-extended-network.203204/
Relevancy 24.08%

I am looking into getting a phone in-line noise filter for my 56K modem line (NOT DSL). But I'm not sure how well these things work.

I contacted the phone company and they recommended to get one to try, if it works. The "noise" is not coming from the house line, it is from the line in the street that can't be fixed (Says the AT&T/Verizon).

So a phone line noise filter is my option right now. How well do these things work?

Thanks for the help.

Scott

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/modem-line-noise-filter.202826/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi all,
I am writing because from few weeks I can not solve this problem of connection:
if the computer is in safe mode there aren't problems, while in normal mode, the following programs don't connect / update:
Internet Explorer 11, Dropbox, Malwarebytes, Mozilla Thunderbird, Flash player update, Java update, StartUp Delayer.

While Firefox, Chrome, Emsisoft Anti-Malware (Antivirus), Online Armor (firewall), and other programs work and update normally.

I've tried and tried various "solutions" found in the Web and in the Forums, but without any result.

I noticed that Dropbox and StartUp Delayer "tell" me that's is probably a Proxy problem.
I honestly have never used a proxy, and tried in every way possible to disable any proxy, but nothing changed, same issue.

I tried uninstalling antivirus and firewall, but the issue still remain, the same as resetting the connection settings and even Windows Firewall (which is usually disabled).

This problem is present both with ethernet connection and wireless.
I use a HP dv6000 notebook with Windows Professional 64bit.

I thank you if you can help me, because I really don't know how to fix this problem =/

Thank you,
Elia

A:Windows 7 - only connect to internet in Safe Mode with some softwares

I MIRACULOUSLY solved this situation!

Among the many details I forgot to say that for the connection I use a router, and after several attempts to copy the settings from a computer connected to the same network, I tried to enter the DNS entry of the parameter TCP/IPv4 (in connection properties) 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.7 ..and all began to work perfectly.

I can not explain, howeve, why the other computer works even without these two values.

But I'm happy that this (strange) situation is solved, and hope this can help someone else

Have a nice day,
Elia

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-only-connect-to-internet-in-safe-mode-with-some-softwares.202509/
Relevancy 20.64%

The computer has 2 750gb hard drives in it but I noticed it was awful slow for a dual quad core computer with win 7 64 bit and 16gb of ram so I checked in the bios and I don't really see a way to turn it completely off unless the hard drives are reformatted in some way. If someone is familiar with this problem please help. I have disconnected one drive and re-installed windows on the other for now.

A:How do I turn off raid mode on a Dell Precision T5400

You can't just take drives that have a RAID array on them and expect them to work when you turn RAID off. You'll need to re-format.

Anyway, the Dell BIOS has an option for HDD mode, it's in there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-turn-off-raid-mode-on-a-dell-precision-t5400.202235/
Relevancy 24.08%

I decided to take the plunge and go with the U-verse internet phone etc because of the speed upgrade and the savings I would get As you already know U-verse needs it s own modem router combo I asked the salesman if I could keep my same router and just use the modem part of the problem Uverse router/modem U-verse system and they said yes no problem Well problem The guy that hooked up my system was not sure Uverse router/modem problem how to connect to two together to make the U-verse just the modem and my modem router to be the router Well I am not sure how to do this either I have a Netgear DGN and the U-verse one is a Motorola NVG I have to take the phone line and go into the Motorola and out into the Netgear I can t get into either router now to check anything out I do get internet so I am at least okay in that respect but some of my links to my lighting system and other things don t work properly now I suppose because it is not set up right Any help would be greatly appreciated Just let me know what other info you would need to help me with this little mess Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/uverse-router-modem-problem.201676/
Relevancy 29.24%

When I installed my Samsung SSD series gb I configure it in IDE mode not knowing it should have been in ACHI mode instead my question is can I reconfigure it into ACHI mode and how do I do it without losing any files I ve also done it to and OCZ and a Plextor SSD and would like to reconfigure them as well Any and all info will be greatly appreciated The Samsung computer is an ASUS-M A TD-V Evo- CPU-AMD Phenom II X processor GBs of ram Nvidia Geforce GT ACHI from SSD mode? mode to my IDE Converting video card Multi Drive blue ray writer x TB HHD Converting my SSD from IDE mode to ACHI mode? Corsair W PSU Win Ultimate My OCZ sys is ASUS F A -V Pro AMD A K APU Corsair GB Mhz ram OCZ GB SSD GB HHD TB HHD Nividia Geforce GT video card LG blue ray player LG Multi-Drive Corsair W PSU Win Home P my Plextor is housed in an AsRock- FM A X Extreme w AMD A K APU GBs G Skill Mhz of ram Plextor GB M Pro SSD x TB HHDs - TB External drive Rosewill Hive W PSU Win Home P I need these drive configured right so that I can get the best performance from them when I do some upgrades on these systems nbsp

A:Converting my SSD from IDE mode to ACHI mode?

A quick Google search brought this up - http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/f...82-Change-from-IDE-to-AHCI-after-Installation. This should only take you 5 minutes to complete on each PC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/converting-my-ssd-from-ide-mode-to-achi-mode.200481/
Relevancy 33.54%

I've been looking for a nice laptop for college and the one I've decided I like the most so far is the Asus Zenbook Prime but the only problem is it has Ivy Bridge instead of Haswell, and the updated Zenbook Infinity with haswell is wayy too much money.Is there that much more performance/benefit with haswell? I just don't know If should look for another laptop with haswell because I don't want the ivy bridge CPU to be obselete in a year after buying it.

A:Ivy Bridge vs Haswell

ajm123 said:

I've been looking for a nice laptop for college and <snip> I don't want the ivy bridge CPU to be obselete in a year after buying it.Click to expand...

Any computer you buy will have a performance depreciation value after a year. Obsolescence is a factor you can't avoid.
CPU architect obsolescence is probably a factor you shouldn't think of, when purchasing a device with low upgrade possibilities.
The only question is whether the device fits your current needs. If you focus on future needs, you will go insane trying to make a decision. If you know what your needs will be in a year, then you can make a decision based on those needs. If not, then I would only focus on current needs.

One last thing since Haswell is the latest offering from Microsoft, there will likely be a price premium on any device with Haswell. Devices with Ivy may have a slightly better price/performance value, based on the very notion of why you are asking this question.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ivy-bridge-vs-haswell.199867/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have been have issues with my cable modem suddenly shutting down and then resetting itself. I am thinking it is time to replace the one I have that is at least 7 years old. What is the average life span of a modem?

A:Average life of a cable modem?

Perhaps it's overheating a bit due to dust build-up? I have a DSL modem/router combo and it's pretty warm. Since taking it apart is a bit of a pain, I use compress air & vacuum cleaner on it from time to time.

7 years does sound long, so might be better to replace it and give yourself the peace of mind.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/average-life-of-a-cable-modem.174001/
Relevancy 24.08%

My last modem dlink wifi modems chipset was damaged due to high voltage...I've bought a new one called dlink DSL 2750u1 which is supposedly the best company offers... Now it's got 4 Ethernet ports , wifi and other usual suspects. But what intrigutes me is the USB 3.0 port, which I know is for connecting with comps without Ethernet cards , but it's also mentioned on the box that it offers to store and access data in hard drives and flash drives over network, connecting
Printers and converting net dongles into wifi.
As of now I really wanna know how to acces data in connected HDDs and pen drives.
Thank you in advance...

A:USB port in modem extra uses?

I think if you set it up right, you can stream the content on you USB or portable harddrive from the USB3 port that you on the modem through wifi

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-port-in-modem-extra-uses.199670/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi,

I recently bought dlink D2750U WIFI ADSL modem/router, for my ADSL internet connection.

But I have now changed my ISP, who provide internet via cable(not telephone line). The ISP guy provides a cable modem(old modem) along with it.

I have connected my PC this way:
Cable modem -> Router -> PC through RJ45. I am able to access internet from my PC, but I am not able to get wifi working on the router. And I am logging onto internet through a dial up connection.
Questions:
1) Please help in configuring the router to get wifi working.
2) Also, my default gateway seems to be either 0.0.0.0 or blank. So, I am not able to login to the modem unless I remove the modem connection. Please let me know if I am doing anything wrong here.

Here are a few more details:
Output of ipconfig: http://pastebin.com/Zr9Eb7L7

A:Using dlink D2750U Wifi Modem/Router As a Wifi Router

Hey Narain. The D-Link unit you have appears to be a combo unit (modem and wireless router) since it connects straight to the RJ-11 phone line. This unit won't work with an ISP that provides service by way of coax cable. The D-Link will work if you want to use DSL, but you need a cable service compatible modem or combo modem/router if you use cable service.

ftp://support.dlink.co.in/broadband/DSL-2750U/manual/DSL-2750U_C1_Manual_IN_1.00.pdf

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-dlink-d2750u-wifi-modem-router-as-a-wifi-router.199643/
Relevancy 20.64%

So over the last few days my Samsung laptop has been putting itself into standby mode without any Samsung warning standby into going mode without Laptop warning And I for the life of me cannot figure out why All options to turn off the computer have been set to Samsung Laptop going into standby mode without warning never while it s plugged in so it s not that I suspected it was the laptop overheating for awhile but I ve got SpeedFan running and with the latest shut down the core temperatures were only around degrees Celsius I ve seen it run up to degrees when I really pushed it to investigate how hot it got and that didn t prompt any response at all except Samsung Laptop going into standby mode without warning for the fan speeding up and the laptop cooled down pretty fast when I let up on what I was doing Is there any other reason the laptop would shut down like this I m not the most computer smart in the world when it comes to the internal workings so any help would be appreciated Potentially relevant things Samsung laptop NP V C Radeon graphics card Intel core i Windows OS nbsp

A:Samsung Laptop going into standby mode without warning

Do you have all standby options shut off, like when closing the lid?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-laptop-going-into-standby-mode-without-warning.198956/
Relevancy 23.22%

Please excuse me if Forward modem Port Motorola 100000 SBG6580? on surfboard I ve mis-posted here or need to supply other info I m relatively new here I have created a static IP for my PC running Win and was attempting to quot open quot a port on my motorola surfboard modem SBG I have understood and followed the steps on the Port Forward website http portforward com english routers port forwarding Motorola SBG Vuze htm up until it says quot Forward Port on the Motorola SBG quot The image shown above on that page is actually the modems Firewall page not its Forwarding Forward Port 100000 on Motorola surfboard modem SBG6580? page it then says Forward Port 100000 on Motorola surfboard modem SBG6580? Forward User Defined Port on the Motorola SBG We will list a series of lines here that will show you exactly how to forward the ports you need to forward This program requires you to forward the following ports Go ahead and enter the settings shown above into the Port Forwarding menu The display below that shows where theoretically you would enter information but that actually looks more like the Port Filtering page then the Forwarding page Local IP Adr Start Port End Port Protocol Enabled It then says quot When you re finished click Apply near the bottom of the screen to save your changes quot My Questions I guess are How the Hell do I forward port Am I even in the right location Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer me and I apologize if it isn t clear or lacking information this is all rather new to me nbsp

A:Forward Port 100000 on Motorola surfboard modem SBG6580?

I don't think there is a port 100000. As far as I remember there are only 64k - 1 ports available per IP. This does look like where you'd do your port forwarding, but you'd need to specify the local IP address to route the traffic to.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/forward-port-100000-on-motorola-surfboard-modem-sbg6580.191874/
Relevancy 30.1%

I have a champion ups it has suddenly stopped working. The ups turns on but I am unable to turn on my pc but when I turn the outlet switch off I am able turn on the PC in backup mode. I was able to boot and shut down the PC. The ups works in backup mode but somehow refuses to supply power when in online mode. Please help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ups-works-in-backup-mode-but-not-in-online-mode.197973/
Relevancy 24.08%

Is it possible umm my Main router is zyxel p-660hn-t1a and my other router is Prolink H5004N Thanks I want to connect them and use the pro link as a extension signal is it possible?

A:How to connect 2 Modem router?

In my views this type of connection will not work...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-connect-2-modem-router.196355/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi, I just want to know what the best mode is, IDE or AHCI, my board has defaulted to IDE so that's what I'm currently using.

Thanks

A:Hard drive mode: IDE or AHCI?

If it's an SSD then you should change it to AHCI and reinstall Windows. If all of your drives are normal HDDs then it won't make any difference.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-mode-ide-or-ahci.196186/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello.
I recently got new Intel SSD series 330 60gb in addition to my standard 1tb Samsung HDD. So I set RAID mode from IDE to AHCI in BIOS (mobo MSI X85 pro-e). Now some of SATA ports (port 3 and 5) don't recognize my HDD or CD/DVD being connected but I still can use them in windows while other ports display them normally in BIOS. Also when I switch back to IDE mode, ports 3 and 5 display hardware in BIOS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-ports-wont-work-in-ahci-mode.195845/
Relevancy 23.65%

Problem:
I have a PC that has to connect to a server through a modem for security reasons.
While it is connected to the modem, a screen needs to be printed.
The printer that is being used is connected to the local network.
While connected to the modem, attempting to print gives the error "The RPC server is unavailable."

System:
Windows XP Professional SP3
Printer server is Windows Server 2008
Modem is old 56k modem connected by serial port (don't think that matters)

What I've tried:
I have tried modifying the routing table to force connections to the subnet that the computer and printer are hosted on.
route -p add 10.1.0.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 10.1.61.0 METRIC 40 IF 0x2
ip for the PC is 10.1.61.53, ip for the printer is 10.1.61.22, IF 0x2 is the integrated NIC
The RPC service is running, and I have also started the RPC locator

Any suggestions what I should do next?

A:Unable to print to network printer while connected to modem

These are correct

ip for the PC is 10.1.61.53,
ip for the printer is 10.1.61.22, IF 0x2
but this is not

route -p add 10.1.0.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 10.1.61.0
and should not be necessary at all, if the PC gateway is on 10.1.61.x

Instead, get the output of ROUTE PRINT and post that

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-print-to-network-printer-while-connected-to-modem.195362/
Relevancy 21.07%

I tried to update a network controller driver on a homemade XP Computer I got the fatal blue screen after the NVidia slash screen It was an nforce driver Windows would not start I tried to get into safe mode to do a restore But no mouse or keyboard is reading Is there a way to do a system restore at start up with out going to safe mode use Can't Keyboard or mouse safe mode in By the way I don t have a XP CD I do have a product key HELP you XP Gurus Oh and Can't use mouse or Keyboard in safe mode it is really hard to get into even safe mode I saw BIOS once when pressing the Esc button But now it just goes to set up Every F button give me the option of boot menu F or Set up Delete But no matter what I hit it goes into setup The keyboard works fine in that screen But as soon as the safe mode boots up Can t use mouse or keyboard Someone told me could Can't use mouse or Keyboard in safe mode be motherboard did I do thaaaat Again HELP HELP HELP Thanks Ynotbme nbsp

A:Can't use mouse or Keyboard in safe mode

You can download a windows 7 ISO onto a USB flash drive or cd or dvd. Contact where you bought your windows 7 and they will give you a link to download the iso. or maybe you can search the web for a ISO and enter your key later. I don't know if you will be able to navigate without a keyboard and mouse, maybe they will work in the windows 7 setup like your thinking.

Good luck!

p.s. I meant windows XP not 7. Iv done it with 7 I don't see why you cant with XP>

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-use-mouse-or-keyboard-in-safe-mode.192393/
Relevancy 23.65%

Just hooked up to att uverse ,they installed a att200 modem/router ,I have 12 mbps internet. I cant seem to make it hook up to the router
I have tried to enter the info on the printer keypad and throught the computer. computer is pent. 4 ,xp,

I was able to connect my laptop and kindle to the router.
I am not sure if the printer is recognizing the router or vice versa.
in general I dont know what is happening

I just found out it will print from my laptop,so I think my printer is connecting to the router,correct?
just tried to print from laptop again and did not work.
the wifi light on the printer is off.
it used to work great with the other router before att upgraded me

Printer is a epson workforce 520

It is a motorola router

A:AT&T installed new router/modem now my printer will not connect wifi

It worked, then didn't work? What? :S

Maybe check the wifi encryption. Make surei t's WPA2 and not anything else.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/at-t-installed-new-router-modem-now-my-printer-will-not-connect-wifi.192245/
Relevancy 20.64%

Greetings!

I have a problem. I have a cable modem CISCO 2100, INTELLINET wired router, D-Link 10/100 switch. Modem is connected to router along with 3 other computers, switch is connected to router along with 2 other computers. Now all that works fine.
When I try to connect my TELINDUS 1132 ADSL wireless router to switch, I can't access the wireless router, which is http://192.168.1.1/. Why I do this? Because I want to setup my wireless router to work with my laptop in a wireless way, but I can't even access the router.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

A:Modem+router+switch+wireless router

Without the wifi connected, use IPCONFIG /ALL and look for the Gateway address - - that should be your 192.168.1.1[*]

Now connect any computer directly to a lan port on the new wifi router BUT leave the WAN port empty!
Again use the ipconfig and look at the Gateway address - - it MUST NOT BE 192.168.1.1 - - that would create a conflict.

While connected like this, change the router address (say 192.168.2.1), limit the DHCP range to something like 2-16, set a new admin password and save the configuration. You will need to login again and now setup the WiFi SSID and passphrase for your encryption. Disable Remote Management and do not allow port 8080. Save the configuration once more.

Now you can add the WiFi router, but let's talk about the wiring.

You now have

Code:

Modem=Router#1--Switch--devices(3)
|
+--- more stuff(2)

The TELINDUS 1132 ADSL is intended to be a modem+router so you will need to
connect a LAN slot on the TELINDUS 1132 to a LAN slot on a switch. (leave the DSL connection empty).

Code:

Modem=Router#1--Switch--devices(3)
| |
| +---- TELINDUS 1132 . . . WiFi Connections
+--- more stuff(2)

ALL your devices will now be controlled by the 192.168.1.1 router shown at the top[*].
The new wifi router on 192.168.2.1 will control the WiFi access, but never assign an IP address. This creates a single LAN subnet and any active device can be configured for all windows Print/File Sharing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/modem-router-switch-wireless-router.192234/
Relevancy 20.64%

How do I solve this? I have the following anti virus/malware programmes (I realise I probably have to uninstall some as I have too many, but which ones shall I uninstall?):

avast
spybot - search & destroy
malwarebytes
superantispyware

A:My laptop won't connect to the internet -- only will in safe mode

First, let's see about accessing the net itself - -

get a command prompt (start->run->cmd OR start->search->cmd)

enter PING 8.8.8.8
and then PING GOOGLE.COM

both of these should show timing results and neither should timeout or have errors.

post back with your results.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-wont-connect-to-the-internet-only-will-in-safe-mode.191091/
Relevancy 24.08%

Lately I have been having some New issues modem ports with / problems with people connecting to some listen servers that I try to host I tried an open port check tool and these ports are coming back as closed although I have opened them in my router and all settings are correct I then got to thinking that not too long ago New modem / issues with ports my ISP replaced my old modem basic single WAN port modem with a large Arris TG modem which has a WAN port along with LAN ports I found out this thing had an IP address for it so I logged into it couldn t do this with my old modem and discovered this modem has all the settings that my Linksys WRT GL router has DHCP Wireless New modem / issues with ports capabilities WAN LAN setup Firewall etc My question is could this new modem be the cause of my problems I noticed that it New modem / issues with ports has DHCP enabled along with the firewall which are both also enabled on my Linksys router Any insight on this would be great as I ve been trying to figure this out the past couple days and have come up dry Edit After finding an online manual for this Arris residential gateway it turns out that port forwarding is referred to as quot Virtual server quot for this device I tried to forward the port I m having issues with but when I go to apply the settings it says invalid IP address even though I am typing in the correct local IP address Edit While tinkering around with this thing it dawned on me that I should be setting the Arris gateway to bridge mode but after setting it to bridge mode and restarting the gateway like it suggests I do my internet connection goes out RT GLWRT GL WRT GL nbsp

A:New modem / issues with ports

Set your Arris TG862 modem/router to previous mode (routing), keep DHCP server enabled. Disable DHCP server and firewall on your router WRT54GL. Connect the modem(Arris TG862) and router(WRT54GL) with their LAN ports.

In the DHCP settings of your modem/router you should see what LAN IP address range it is using, forward ports accordingly(Virtual server).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-modem-issues-with-ports.189842/
Relevancy 24.08%

Lately my modem has been acting weird. From time to time every device in the house can't connect to it and whenever I try to connect manually from my laptop it says that 'windows was unabe to connect'. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the signal since even if I'm standing next to it I can't connect. I have tried resetting it twice, the first time I was able to connect afterwards and everything was ok for about two weeks or so, but today it happened again and after resetting I was still not able to connect. Can anyone help me?

A:Can't connect to modem wirelessly

Make/Model of your WiFi router? Have you ever updated the firmware for it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-modem-wirelessly.188554/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi,

I need a help to resolve one issue with my Belkin router F7D4402 v1. I have got it recently and configured it without any issue and my internet (ADSL) was up and running. However, later I have noticed that, my internet speed is limited to 1.5 Mbps. whereas; the speed I was getting on my old Linksys WAG200 router was minimum 2.0 Mbps.

I have tried to disable the QoS and other options but no use. But when I enabled the Mac cloning it worked fine. I was getting the speed I subscribed for, but unfortunately, the other devices on my Wi-Fi stopped working. With Mac clone enable, the internet is only available to my PC.

I need the internet on my PC plus all the Wi-Fi devices in my house and along with it my full internet speed, not just 1.5 Mbps.

Can anyone please help to fix the issue?

Thank a lot.

A:Belkin router F7D4402 v1 ADSL speed is fixed to 1.5 Mbps

It's not the router - - you up against the limit of ADSL.

see this description

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/belkin-router-f7d4402-v1-adsl-speed-is-fixed-to-1-5-mbps.188430/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hello, I think I'm experiencing a NAT networking problem, as most games I play complain that my NAT is moderate, or sometimes strict. I've researched this and found out it may be a Double NAT problem.

I've also researched two solutions for this: Disable NAT and DCHP on either the modem or router, or set up a PPPoE connection between the two. Can someone tell me which one is the easiest to do and how to do it?

Router: Linksys E3200 w/ Cisco

Modem: Motorola SB5102

Other Info: This IS a broadband connection, and I believe it is a DSL or Cable setup. I also know how to access the router settings, and how to disable NAT and DCHP. However, I do not know how to connect to the modem (I do know the default IP for it) and don't know how to perform a PPPoE connection, as this would be my first time.

A:Setting up a PPPoE connection between router & modem

PPPoE is for DSL connections... Go to the router and modem websites and download the instructions from there. It will explain how to connect and access the router

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-a-pppoe-connection-between-router-modem.188378/
Relevancy 24.51%

Just purchased a new modem to replace TWCs 'rental'. I plugged it in, restarted my computer and screwed everything up lol.

I tried calling TWC but was on hold forever. Not sure they do the 24/7 thing anymore...

I plugged my old modem back in, did a restart, I'm back online, but my homepage and FaceBook 'favorite link' are messed up. (Chrome)
It says http://www.facebook.com/ap_index and seems like it's refreshing again and again. Same with my homepage. http://www.49erswebzone.com/ap_index I hit 'stop', take out the ap_index and try again, same thing.

What do I need to do to get the new router working and get my pages back to normal?

Also wondering what kinda speed increase I'll see (ubee 2.0 vs Motorola surfboard 3.0) when I get up and running?

Thanks!

A:Installing a new modem

FB is back to normal...homepage (webzone) still messed up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-a-new-modem.188305/
Relevancy 24.94%

Last week changed from Time Warner Road Runner to Verizon DSL Verizon informed us we were quot good to go quot connected the Modem ethernet and phone jack filter modem lit up for power dsl and ethernet but not internet The house telephone also didnt work Requested a service man come he came Saturday spent all of ten or modem? Bad IP bad minutes and everything was working great Two hours later we kept getting kicked off the internet and when we try to reconnect we get a message saying can be found We called Verizon they said try unplugging and re plugging the power source to the modem This fixed it for fifteen minutes It has gone on like this for the better part of the week Called Verizon again last night and they say everything is good on there end our internet light on the modem does stay lit with occassional quot pulses quot I tried to release renew IP config after Windows suggested it got a message saying our IP address was invalid PLEASE OFFER Suggestions in very basic language as I have no technical ability and Verizon says if they send someone out again it will cost us nbsp

A:Bad IP or bad modem?

First, every device connected to any phone wall outlet *MUST* have a filter (except the modem itself).
Verizon should have installed them but perhaps overlooked.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bad-ip-or-bad-modem.187893/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey guys I need some help on how to Port Forward a Router and a Modem

Im using a TP Link WR340GD Router

This is the IP on my computer

and this is for the Modem which I havent filled up yet

my isp is a bit of an *** not making me port forward..so I hacked their modem (3rd Pic)
now im kinda lost and dont know what to forward on the modem

my router doesnt have any NAT settings but the tunngle seems to have the problem with it so I opened the modem and theres teh NAT settings now please I need help on how to port forward my modem

A:Port forwarding a modem and a router

First, let's understand the setup

Code:
isp===modem----router----(1/more pc's)
Port forwarding is done in the ROUTER where the NAT support allows multiple PCs to have Internet access.
Typically, our modems only have ONE Ethernet output which is why we need the router in the first place.
Now if you have a Modem with multiple RJ45 slots, then it has NAT also, and your port forwarding gets complicated.

In addition, the machine at 192.168.1.50 needs a tweak to ALLOW IN TCP/UDP PORT 59014 FROM ANY.

The User's Guide for that router is here
So, please specify the make/model of the modem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/port-forwarding-a-modem-and-a-router.187643/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi So my modem keeps disconnecting some times it lasts for some hours and then starts disconnecting every minute or so Sometimes I just turn the computer on and it already starts his routine of disconnections this has been happening for about moths what I have already done got a new modem dlink b gt dlink b full virus spyware scan disabling antivirus firewall update network adapted driver configured a static ip address enabled DMZ host called the ISP they said that everything was fine on their part and I should check the cable called the cable guys said that everything was fine so I should check with the ISP ended the vicious circle ask help on forums in progress future plans set everything keeps disconnecting Modem on fire -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Statistics -- xDSL Mode ADSL Traffic Type ATM Status Up Link Modem keeps disconnecting Power State L DownstreamUpstream Line Coding Trellis OnOn SNR Margin dB Attenuation dB Output Modem keeps disconnecting Power Modem keeps disconnecting dBm Attainable Rate Kbps Path Path DownstreamUpstreamDownstreamUpstream Rate Kbps MSGc of bytes in overhead channel message B of bytes in Mux Data Frame M of Mux Data Frames in FEC Data Frame T Mux Data Frames over sync bytes R of check bytes in FEC Data Frame S ratio of FEC over PMD Data Frame length L of bits in PMD Data Frame D interleaver depth Delay msec INP DMT symbol Super Frames Super Frame Errors RS Words RS Correctable Errors RS Uncorrectable Errors HEC Errors OCD Errors LCD Errors Total Cells Data Cells Bit Errors Total ES Total SES Total UAS -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- System Log Date TimeFacilitySeverityMessage Jan userwarnkernel NBUFF v Initialized Jan userwarnkernel Broadcom Packet Flow Cache learning via BLOG enabled Jan userwarnkernel Created Proc FS procfs fcache Jan userwarnkernel Broadcom Packet Flow Cache registered with netdev chain Jan userwarnkernel Constructed Broadcom Packet Flow Cache v Mar Jan userwarnkernel bcmxtmcfg bcmxtmcfg init entry Jan userwarnkernel adsl adsl init entry Jan userwarnkernel Broadcom BCM B Ethernet Network Device v Mar Jan userwarnkernel dgasp kerSysRegisterDyingGaspHandler bcmsw registered Jan userwarnkernel map xf eth MAC Address B E VPORT ID PHY ID Jan userwarnkernel map x eth MAC Address B E VPORT ID PHY ID Jan userwarnkernel map x eth MAC Address B E VPORT ID PHY ID Jan userwarnkernel map x eth MAC Address B E VPORT ID PHY ID Jan userwarnkernel PCI Enabling device - gt Jan userwarnkernel wl srom not detected using main memory mapped srom info wombo board Jan userwarnkernel wl loading etc wlan bcm map bin Jan userwarnkernel wl Broadcom BCM Wireless Controller cpe Jan userwarnkernel dgasp kerSysRegisterDyingGaspHandler wl registered Jan userwarnkernel BcmAdsl Initialize xC D g pFnNotifyCallback xC FF Jan userwarnkernel pSdramPHY xA FFFFF x D xDEADBEEF Jan userwarnkernel PhySdramSize got adjusted x AB gt x Jan userwarnkernel AdslCoreSharedMemInit shareMemAvailable Jan userwarnkernel AdslCoreHwReset pLocSbSta e bkupThreshold Jan userwarnkernel AdslCoreHwReset AdslOemDataAddr xA F A Jan userwarnkernel dgasp kerSysRegisterDyingGaspHandler dsl registered Jan usercritkernel Line xDSL G training Jan usercritkernel eth Link UP mbps full duplex Jan usercritkernel Line ADSL G started Jan usercritkernel Line ADSL G channel analysis Jan usercritkernel Line ADSL G message exchange Jan usercritkernel Line ADSL link up Bearer us ds Jan userwarnkernel bcmxtmcfg XTM Link Information portid State UP Service Support ATM Jan userwarnkernel bcmxtmrt MAC address b e Jan userwarnkernel DoCreateDeviceReq register netdev Jan userwarnkernel DoCreateDeviceReq register netdev done Jan userwarnkernel bcmxtmcfg Connection UP LinkActiveStatus x US DS Jan daemoncritsyslog PPP server detected Jan daemoncritsyslog PPP session established Jan daemoncritsyslog PPP LCP UP Jan da... Read more

A:Modem keeps disconnecting

What is this computer, a laptop or desktop? Make and model? What version of Windows is installed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/modem-keeps-disconnecting.186422/
Relevancy 23.65%

Ok I am helping a friend over the phone and am having trouble identifying why they cannot acquire DNS or even ping the gateway The first laptop connects without fail to laptop to Arris wireless modem connect secondary Cannot the wireless signal where the second laptop is able to see the signal and acquires and ip address of with a gateway of but we are unable to ping the gateway I turned off all security features in the modem and laptops that I could think of it is Cannot connect secondary laptop to Arris wireless modem as simple as an access point right now Is there something I may be missing that needs to be disabled or enabled I have verified that there are no static IP s set and that all is set to obtain automatically when I do an ipconfig release then renew it reads that it cannot be renewed while it has its media disconnected leading me to believe that the wireless was turned off which it is not It is associated to the SSID but with limited connectivity how does it pull an IP and not able to ping the gateway Security is the only thing I can think of any ideas sorry for Cannot connect secondary laptop to Arris wireless modem the limited information as I am not sitting in from of the computers it is ghz channels - auto encryption - open thanks for the help nbsp

A:Cannot connect secondary laptop to Arris wireless modem

What version of windows? Vista and 7 firewall default to deny ping.

ipconfig /release then renew, it reads that it cannot be renewed while it has its media disconnected leading me to believe that the wireless was turned off which it is not.Click to expand...

typical issue.
Get the connection and then

get a command prompt
enter ipconfig /all >myTCP.txt
now look for Node Type . . . ?? should be Hybrid

if not, save the attachment, remove the .TXT suffix and save as .REG
dbl-clicking will fix the registry to make Node Type . . . Hybrid

Disconnect from the router after applying the change - - wait 30 sec - - reconnect.

cannot acquire DNS or even ping the gatewayClick to expand...

the DNS is a real problem and the above should resolve that.

* You alread know how to see the tcp config. Here's how to TEST the DNS:

get the command prompt
ping 8.8.8.8 (good timings says you have a PATH in the Internet)
nslookup 8.8.8.8 (if you get back the name, then dns by address is ok)
nslookup google-public-dns-a.google.com (should show you the address 8.8.8.8)
at this point you should be fine.

* your real issue is Internet access, not ping, not /release and not /renew. Yeah they can be useful
but never impact email or browsing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-connect-secondary-laptop-to-arris-wireless-modem.186214/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello:
Please offer me any feed back on the good or bad aspects of these SpeedStream 4100 modem stats.

My modem seems to be working well but I am getting way less than the 1.5 Meg line speed that DSL Extreme ISP promised me. Before I rush off to buy another modem I want to know if my current modem is OK, if it's a phone line problem or a cheating ISP.

My computer details:
Drive: C Dell dimension 3000 39 GB NFTS
Win xp, sp3, home ed.
Model # ST340014A
Motherboard: 0K8980
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.80 GHz
Memory: DDR Dual 512 MB
miscel. browsers

Thanks in advance for any responses to my modem's stats and/or any questions about my system or equipment,
jim

A:Speedstream 4100 modem stats

FYI
I got a new D-LINK modem from Fry's and it gives me LOWER line speeds than my old Siemens - so go figure.......

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speedstream-4100-modem-stats.184471/
Relevancy 32.68%

New system i K on Gigabyte Z X-UD H with Corsair H problems Ivy Boost Bridge Turbo and GBs Kingston Hyper X PC When the system is at idle the processor only runs at GHz It takes so darn long for the desktop to load It s like I m running ME with a Pentium The multiplier is set at even though the BIOS doesn t have a setting to adjust the idle multiplier speed and has it locked at The BIOS doesn t show it running at but at though I ve verified the speed Ivy Bridge Turbo Boost problems with different apps I can t figure out why it s doing that I finally said screw it and just shut off all the turbo boost crap It s now set with the FSB at MHz and the multiplier at so it s running constantly at GHz with vCore at v or v depending on who you believe for the sensor readings CPU-Z or Aida Is anyone else having a similar problem I wouldn t mind the turbo boost if it worked Oh ya word of warning for ivy bridge owners Don t just monitor the CPU temperature monitor the core temps as well The CPU temp can go up only C while you have a corresponding C rise in core temps At I m running at C at idle while the core temps idle at - C Haven t had time to sit down and seriously OC this thing yet to see what she ll do We ve been having a serious heat wave in L A the last couple of weeks nbsp

A:Ivy Bridge Turbo Boost problems

It's not a turbo boost, it's Intel Speedstep which lowers the multiplier (and hence clock speed) when idle to save power. If you haven't switched that off you'll find the CPU running at 2.1Ghz or so when idle (half of 4.3Ghz). It's not Speedstep which is slowing your computer's boot time, it's either because you're running a mechanical hard drive or have lots of programs set to run at startup (check msconfig), or both.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ivy-bridge-turbo-boost-problems.184119/
Relevancy 19.78%

Right now I have internet access on two different computers (one is a desktop and the other is a laptop) through a wireless router connected to the satellite modem.

I am looking into replacing the desktop with a laptop and getting a usb wireless modem to use on the USCellular network and doing away with the satellite connection.

Can this be done? If so, what do I need to make the wireless network work and have internet access with both laptops through the one modem?

I am using a Linksys WRT54G rouhter which, I think can also work as an access point.

Maybe there is a better solution?

A:USB wireless modem, wireless router

US Cellular is in my area, so I'm semi-familiar with them. Most of my customers have opted for the "wireless hotspot" (see link below) device to do what you are wanting to do. The wifi hotspot allows up to 4 or 5 devices to connect to the wifi network it creates. Hope this helps, take care!

http://www.uscellular.com/mobile-hotspots/index.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-wireless-modem-wireless-router.178561/
Relevancy 24.08%

So I found out today that no, you cannot actually get port forwarding to work with the shitty no-name DSL-router combo that AT&T supplies.
I need a recommendation for DSL modem (or modem / router comb as they seem to be popular) that doesn't suck in the way that it will let me essentially run a web server from the connection without incident.
That is, I need to be able to forward ports through the firewall. (The one currently in use here well, doesn't let me do that... nor does it let you turn the firewall off.)

A:Recommendations for a DSL modem that doesn't suck

Really any DSL/router combo will be better than what you have. Linksys, Netgear, and DLink all make DSL modem/router combos. However, keep in mind AT&Fee may not support a 3rd party DSL modem. You maybe stuck with that box to have their service. If that is the case, I'd look into a different ISP. Hope this helps, take care!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommendations-for-a-dsl-modem-that-doesnt-suck.181508/
Relevancy 22.79%

hey can anyone help me out here?

I tried portforward.com's guide and editing the registry game data port, still cant host games

running windows vista 7

A:Unable to host games in StarCraft with Comcast modem on Linksys e1000

Make sure the game is not blocked by any firewall.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-host-games-in-starcraft-with-comcast-modem-on-linksys-e1000.181314/
Relevancy 24.08%

A friend of mine bought an airtel Huawei EG162G usb stick modem after using it for some months he came to me to report that the modem isnt browsing even though it is connected and the data plan is active. I checked evrything, the only thing I noticed in the diagnostic information is that the MSISDN number is not displayed insted it is displaying unknown.
I have tried to change the firmware by upgrading even downgrading but not working. I even unlocked it so that I would be able to use other types of sim, it's still the same thing. I need someone to put me through on this

Any help will be appreciated

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/huawei-modem-msisdn-unknown.181309/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey I have a "D-Link Xtreme N Gigabit Router", Today my ISP provided me with a "Wireless Arris Modem TG852".

I connected the "Wireless Arris Modem TG852" directly to my desktop pc via wired connection.
I would like to connect the "Wireless Arris Modem TG852" to my "D-Link Xtreme N Gigabit Router" wireless, to connect to my Sony Bravia Ex72.

how do I configure them to be linked?

A:Connecting wireless modem..

Based on the TG852 flyer at the manufacturers web site it functions as both a gateway and a router. I do not believe you can connect it to another router but you should be able to connect your game system to the wireless signal of the gateway.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connecting-wireless-modem.180973/
Relevancy 31.82%

I have searched Google and the Intel site to try and establish which CPU has the fastest data transfer rate in terms of opening programs, copying/moving data, etc. And I can't seem to find any definitive answer.

i5 is quad core while i7 is quad core with hyperthreading, having 2 threads in each core. This gives a total of 8 threads.

A:Core i5-2400 Sandy Bridge versus i7-960 Bloomfield

Opening programs and copying/moving data is typically going to be storage constrained vs CPU. I've got a machine with a 2400 in it and had a slightly overclocked 930 and to be honest there was very little difference between the two machines.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core-i5-2400-sandy-bridge-versus-i7-960-bloomfield.179839/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have cable modem Surfboard SB3100 (Motorloa). Now a days i am not getting internet with this modem.Now also i can able to access its setting page (http://192.168.100.1/config.html) & power,receive,online & activity lights working too. ISP people saying modem is fault . HOw can i know its faulty or not?

A:Doubts about cable modem

There are two interface; the pc side that you can access (which apprently is functional)
and the WAN/ISP side that you can not access.

If you are having problems and the ISP says it is the modem, then what causes you to question? Do you have to pay for the device?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/doubts-about-cable-modem.178434/
Relevancy 20.64%

I have an office over my garage detached from my house but only about - feet from modem in house The wireless signal is very weak When I had the modem in the garage office the wireless signal to the house was weak Comcast thought their new wireless modem would address this but it has not So I have run a cat cable from the modem across the yard to the garage and hardwired it into a Linksis WRT G Wireless Router Although I can connect to it off modem? router of run possible wireless Is to wireless Comcast the router wirelessly I cannot get internet access on my computer I called Comcast and they said they would have to disable the wireless signal from the modem if I want to activate the wireless router Is it possible to run wireless router off of wireless Comcast modem? I do not see how this will solve anything They mentioned that to have active wireless signals would create interference Is this true I can hardwire my computer to the router but I also use a laptop and other wireless devices that I would really like to have a strong signal for Please advise nbsp

A:Is it possible to run wireless router off of wireless Comcast modem?

It should be possible without to much fuss.

I'd guess that you may have double WAN'd your network. The Comcast wireless device is determining what IP addresses all of your devices are supposed to get, and your WRT54G is probably doing the same thing. Both devices are probably set up to automatically provide DHCP services, and they are clashing with each other. The range of IP addresses for both devices may not even be the same. Since your WRT54G is an aftermarket device I'd disable DHCP on that machine (because it'll probably be easier to do and your Comcast device is closest in line to the modem because it is the modem, Oh and you'll have to log into your WRT54G's admin page to disable DHCP ) and make sure the line that runs from the Comcast device to the garage isn't plugged into the WAN port on your WRT54G router but is instead plugged into one of the four network/internet ports. The WAN port is the single port off to the left of the other four ports when viewed from the back.

It's possible with the right equipment to bridge two wireless routers and extend the range of your home network. A Linksis WRT54G firmware can be reflashed as a DD-WRT machine and bridged with another DD-WRT router. I know it's possible because I've done exactly that at my house.

You'll want to got to http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/index for any additional info on how to do that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-possible-to-run-wireless-router-off-of-wireless-comcast-modem.178112/
Relevancy 20.64%

I tried using the promiscuous scanner to find out if the network adapter is in promiscuous mode. Ironically, the application requires the sniffer to be activated for the promiscuous scanner to work. Wouldn't this make the whole scan pointless as now the network adapter has enter promiscuous mode anyway. So it is useless.

If I see * asterisks signs, under the 31 bit group does that mean it is in promiscuous mode?

Any information about this would be appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cain-and-abel-promiscous-mode-detection.177655/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi All,
I live in a two family house with one Comcast ISP connection (neighbors in basement apt, I live in upper part of the house) and the router is located in the basement. We've been having problems with connectivity and I want to add a second modem to our house so I can connect an old Linksys router I have.

Is this possible? I know the least complicated (but most labor-intensive) way is to run CAT 5 wire from the first router to the second, but I don't want to have to drill holes in the floor of our rental house. Every room in the house has a coax jack and I'd like to connect one of those to a modem and router I have, so we can have a more reliable connection.

Anyone have experience with this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-second-modem-to-comcast-isp.177074/
Relevancy 22.79%
Relevancy 31.39%

Yo, all i could think of is to use keyboard menu shortcuts blindfolded, i found instructions from this forum to do so, but only for XP SP1 and SP2, which dont seem to work, i assume because i hvae SP3

A:Accidentally disabled display adapter and can't see, safe mode or VGA mode won't work

can you revert to an old save point in system restore?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/accidentally-disabled-display-adapter-and-cant-see-safe-mode-or-vga-mode-wont-work.176376/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have a very old Speed Stream 5100 modem. My provider is ATT DSL service. I want to up-grade my modem to a wireless\dls modem combo. Any good suggestions, and would a newer modem increase my speed? My speed right now is about 3.3..

Thanks'

A:Modem issue

Budget? Type of location? Computer(s) ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/modem-issue.174534/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi...
I have a Zhone 1512 Modem running on my Stationary pc. Now i need to hook up the two laptops to it. Only problem is that is does not support wireless (as far as i know). I thought i'd do a bridge connection with a Office Connect ADSL Wireless Router and run the laptops on it. Any ideas how to go about it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bridge-between-a-zhone-1512-modem-and-a-3com-wireless-router.174909/
Relevancy 23.65%

I have an agere external modem on my e-machine desktop I have XP SP upgraded to I bought of these modems about or months ago They work fine on my Compaq laptop with Windows At first they worked on the e-machine However for about the last months Agere USB driver 2.0 drops modem soft the modem driver I assume it s the driver is dropped Both blue lights Agere USB 2.0 soft modem drops driver go off and a restart is needed I Agere USB 2.0 soft modem drops driver have uninstalled and re-installed I can find no conflicts on device manager In administrator tools I get a code error or a quot not enough resources quot My e-machine last year just crashed files were missing the system was corrupted I lost my AV program so I put the computer on a shelf I went ahead and re-installed Windows XP with a Dell system disk I signed up for wire less but I have to drive miles to get a signal I drove the desktop to town downloaded the AV program and upgraded to svc pk I had the wrong driver for the video but found the one needed for the e-machine Could I have some Dell driver left that is interfering I have not kept up with Windows updates because of my slow dial-up Do I need to take my desktop to town again to update that I also wonder if my AV program caused any of this I have CA Internet Security Suite I update everyday I ve had CA for years and they have problems from time to time I did do a thorough scan of the desk top but nothing showed up There are problems with the phone company lines although the problems do not affect the laptop I wonder if they could affect the desktop Our phone company knows the lines take a hit When that happens the phone goes out and may come right back on or stay off for a day or two They admit they have too many people on the line I mention this because I doubt I am really connecting at bps my maximum speed as networking on task manager often shows flat lining When the modem was working I was able to get on facebook It took quite awhile Now if I get there the system freezes but I usually time out I ve been fighting this for months I know a little about computers but not enough to solve this problem I read somewhere that a soft usb modem might not have enough power on an older machine Any help or suggestions would be appreciated I have been all over on Google and Microsoft and am at a loss I like my laptop but I really need the desk top I am a senior citizen and need to look at a bigger screen Thank you nbsp

A:Agere USB 2.0 soft modem drops driver

Delete CA Internet Security Suite. it uses too many Windows resources and conflicts with XP's Service Pack 3. Download and install Microsoft's Security Essentials. You may have to go into town to do this

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/agere-usb-2-0-soft-modem-drops-driver.174356/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have Windows seven alien ware on my pc and my g3 hauwei modem continues to give me the message error 31: a device attached to the system is not functioning. when i try to connect

A:Huawei 3G modem error 31: A device attached to the system is not responding

Error 31 means that Windows can't load the 3g modem driver. Are you running Windows 7 64-bit? What is the model number of the hauwei modem? Please be aware that there might not be a hauwei modem driver available for Windows 7...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/huawei-3g-modem-error-31-a-device-attached-to-the-system-is-not-responding.163138/
Relevancy 24.08%

So I Just had to go through a pretty long virus recovery it ended up in me needing to clean install windows and pretty much reinstall everything so that being said here s my problem Before the reformat I never had internet or modem problems And since I ve been having to reboot my modem every so often because I just randomly lose internet but when it happens all the lights are on just like normal Frequent required modem reboots and all the lights on my router are fine as well When i go to troubleshoot the problem i get the message quot Your broadband modem is experiencing Frequent modem reboots required connectivity issues quot and i have to unplug it for a little bit I have Cox ISP my router is Asus WL- GU with a SB surfboard modem Usually when i notice the reset its when i m playing WoW or counter-strike I don t know if the usage could be the cause of the reset When i was downloading and updating wow i had to reset every minutes or so but i also had problems with my Avast firewall i think which never caused a problem before either My modem is about - years old and i would say i might need a new one but it doesn t make sense that it works fine until i reformat my computer and now it s suddenly dying nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/frequent-modem-reboots-required.173912/
Relevancy 24.08%

Does anyone know if the WIRE HGV-B which is the latest model router modem used by U-Verse uses a Docsis or Docsis modem I cannot get an answer from anyone and the WIRE seems to be the reason that my U-Verse Internet is much slower than 2WIRE 3801 modem spec HGV-B my former Cox internet which can use 2WIRE 3801 HGV-B modem spec a Motorola or Cisco Docsis or modem In addition does anyone know if or how I upgrade the firmware on this device and if there are settings I can change to maximize my mbps U-Verse Internet I would also like to link my Netgear Router to it and if possible use both the direct and wifi from the Netgear I could use help in how to use my netgear and what settings I need to turn on or off on the WIRE and the Netgear I have a Netgear WNR and a Netgear WNDR Which one would be better If I cannot speed up my U-Verse Internet can I use Cox with my Docsis modem for my Internet and U-Verse for my TV nbsp

A:2WIRE 3801 HGV-B modem spec

Googling for 2WIRE 3801HGV-B shows that modem features:
Main Interfaces

VDSL2
Ethernet WAN
HomePNA 3.1
4 Ethernet LAN Ports
HyperG 802.11b/g Wireless Access Point
2 FXS (VoIP) Lines
so you alread support 4 wired connections + several more WiFi - - the extra router would not be necessary IMO.

However, you add an extra router, you would first disable DHCP in the new one
and then cable from a modem LAN slot to the router LAN slot and leave the router WAN empty.

Docsis 2/3 are for CABLE modems and you have a
"Very-high-speed digital subscriber line 2 (VDSL2) is an access technology that exploits the existing infrastructure of copper wires that were originally deployed for traditional telephone service. "

You were better off with the Cable connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2wire-3801-hgv-b-modem-spec.173265/
Relevancy 32.25%

The folks over at inpai have an early review of sorts over at their place.
As expected, no improvement over SB in gaming, but productivity and content creation do much better.

Not too sure about the "more is better" aspect of power usage though...maybe China rewards people for being anti-green

[All the performance slides in one place here -XS Forums post #3]

A:Sandy Bridge-E 3960X early review

Yikes, 15MB L3 is actually foretelling on this thing. I couldn't find the MSR on this thing, did you catch it Chef?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sandy-bridge-e-3960x-early-review.173330/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello I ve been searching all over for my with line network Configuring the fiber new help with a problem I m having and stumbled across this forum - really hope someone can help me I ve just had a leased line installed to provide me with a high speed internet connection It s a Mbps fibre pipe and Configuring my network with the new fiber line am trying to integrate it with my existing network of PCs and a printer Previously I had a line bonded ADSL connection using a Comtrend router which also acted as a DHCP server allocating IPs for all the machines The hardware that has been installed with the new line is a Cisco router which is managed remotely I have been provided with IP addresses and Configuring my network with the new fiber line it operates on a subnet of My original network runs on with the router as What I want to do if possible is use my Comtrend router or purchase a new one if I have to the same way it has been used before i e as the main hub which allocates the network addresses but have it connect to the internet via the new router as the ADSL Configuring my network with the new fiber line will soon be disconnected so that all the machines are connected to the fibre line at high speed How do I do this Thanks so much in advance Oliver nbsp

A:Configuring my network with the new fiber line

It sounds like what you will need to do is use the router in a "passive" mode. What i mean is simply keep your internal network as it is, but create a static route towards the new Cisco Router. The static route should probably be 0.0.0.0 with a subnet mask of 0.0.0.0. What this means is that anything destined to a destination the current router is unaware of, it passes it to the Cisco router which will then forward this onto the internet.

Does this make sense?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/configuring-my-network-with-the-new-fiber-line.171882/
Relevancy 32.68%

For your perusal...
A showcase of X79 boards from Gigabyte and MSI

Intel's more staid offering (Legit Reviews)

Intel's Ivy Bridge slide deck (Anandtech)
...and a preliminary look at some performance numbers for Sandy Bridge-E from Tom's Hardware

A:Random X79 and Ivy Bridge sightings at IDF2011

according to the review in tom's hardware the i7 2600k still the fastest cpu for gaming

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-x79-and-ivy-bridge-sightings-at-idf2011.170779/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hey all, I am Mimis from Greece and this is my first post. I'd like to learn about SLi/CrossFire bridges.

1)SLi/CF bridge increase performance a bit or much?

2) If I buy for example a Gigabyte or MSi motherboard with P67/Z68 chipset that supports SLi/CF then how I'd get the SLi bridge (Which is found only on nForce chipsets) and how to get the crossfire bridge? (which is found on ??? chipsets )

A:SLI / Crossfire bridge questions

1) the increment in performance (SLi/CF) depends on the graphics card generation for example :
when you put nvidia two nvidia gtx 570 in sli you get about 90% performance increment.
but when you put nvidia two nvidia 8600 gt in sli you get only 40% performance increment.
and the same thing with ati CF.
2)the Sli or CF bridge comes with the graphics card not with the motherboard .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sli-crossfire-bridge-questions.170735/
Relevancy 20.64%

Dell XPS an GT Nvidia video card Computer will be fine then all the sudden i get all of these lines and weird colors at top and bottom screen and computer freezes I reboot and all through the splash screen and where i enter password i have weird lines and shapes When the logo comes up i have a double of it on side of the screen but its all distorted Right when Window goes to load my monitor goes dark and just get the orange lite on the monitors on off button When i again reboot and go into safe mode i still have all those wavy lines and if i move the mouse around the screen even lines mode! an colors in Wavy safe weird it clears it up some Its like im getting interfernce on my screen Wavy lines an weird colors even in safe mode! Now ive disabled through Device Manager my Wavy lines an weird colors even in safe mode! video card but still have the issue But i dont always Wavy lines an weird colors even in safe mode! have this issue Right now its working but then after awhile it just hit and freeze computer Talked to Dell and he just did the updated Drivers for Video card which i did a week ago He know wants to reset my computer back to factory settings which sucks cause i lose all the video s i have Is it my Video card going bad a Virus or something else Please help before Dell talks me into something stupid nbsp

A:Wavy lines an weird colors even in safe mode!

Normally a virus won't do such things.. It is your card but disabling the video card in device manager and continuing using the video card port wont change anything you must go back using the onboard card port if your mobo have any then you may see the difference.

Also if you recently update try to rollback to previous version to see and if the same then use the onboard video to see and if it work on onboard video therefore your video card is faulty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wavy-lines-an-weird-colors-even-in-safe-mode.168248/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi all,

I've been doing some research on my new build and started looking into power phases. After reading some articles, it seems like the less power phases you have, the more susceptible your motherboard is to failing, especially if you're overclocking. Plus you also have to worry about components on your motherboard overheating such as the mosfets. Is all of this something I should be worried about?

The motherboard I want to get has 8+2 power phases (Asrock P67 Extreme4 Gen3). So if I plan on overclocking, should I step up to a 12+2 or 16+2 motherboard or will I be safe at 8+2?

Thanks in advance

A:New Sandy Bridge build - power phases

The ASrock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 is an excellent board. It overclocks impressively. People have managed to hit the 5 GHz mark at around 1.45V with a good aftermarket HSF.

More power phases do not guarantee better performance. Generally, more phases should make for smoother voltage output, but it is only one of several factors in the design of the CPU voltage regulator.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-sandy-bridge-build-power-phases.169347/
Relevancy 21.07%

Gateway GM e Windows Vista Home freezing and Mouse mode safe in of out Premium Intel Core E dual core processor Installed MB DDR MHz PC - dual channel memory GB RPM SATA II hard drive All appears normal but after touching the mouse the problems are apparent The mouse freezes all over the screen I have to do a large sweep and then tiny micro-movements to select and icon The programs load super slow and the mouse is skipping all over the screen When the Pc is turned on the gateway screen is on for over a minute then the monitor turns off and then back on the loading bar pauses many times as it starts up It eventually loads but then the mouse doesn t move The pc makes a grinding clicking sound when the mouse moves but then the mouse freezes and the noise stops I am at a loss for words I have been through a lot with this pc from last month when it stopped turning on It has come a long way and I feel like it am almost done but something isn t right I am hoping it is not the motherboard but I cannot think of anything else it could be These are the steps i have taken to fix my pc Checked PC to make sure drivers were up to date Defragged the hard-drive registry cleaner Removed all dust replaced thermal paste on cpu Did a recovery that formatted the hard drive and reinstalled the OS Installed Antec PSU Replaced CPU Fan Opened safemode and mouse still freezes It seems that as soon as the Pc starts the problem is already at work It all started after I install some phone software but after the format I would think if it was a software issue it would have been resolved Thanks for any help you can Mouse freezing in and out of safe mode offer nbsp

A:Mouse freezing in and out of safe mode

First I would advise you never use a registry cleaner unless you know exactly what it is removing, they can do more harm than good.

My first thought is that your hard drive may be failing so please follow this guide to run the manufacturer's diagnostics.

Identify the make of your hard drive and then use one of the links below to get the manufacturers diagnostic for ISO CD. Burn the image file to a CD, boot the PC with the disc in the drive and run the diagnostics. You first need to set the CD drive to 1st in the boot order in the Bios setup.

If you do not have an image burner use this free software to make the CD.

http://www.isoimageburner.com/

ExcelStor: http://www.excelstor.com/eng/support.php?sub_id=3

Hitachi/IBM: http://www.hitachigst.com/support/downloads/

Samsung: http://www.samsung.com/global/business/hdd/support/downloads/support_in_es.html

Seagate, Maxtor & Quantum:http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/downloads

Western Digital:http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?lang=en

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Toshiba Fujitsu: http://sdd.toshiba.com/main.aspx?Path=SoftwareUtilities#diagnostic

If you have a Toshiba hard drive I would suggest the use of the diagnostics from the Seagate link as this will work on all makes of drive and on any OS.Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-freezing-in-and-out-of-safe-mode.168912/
Relevancy 20.64%

A few weeks ago, my wife's laptop had a problem with malware. Microsoft security essentials took care of it. After that she ran a full scan. Ever since she ran that full scan, she can only connect to the internet in safe mode. Other than that, her computer seems to be working fine.

She has Windows 7 and Internet explorer 8.

A:Laptop can only connect to internet in safe mode

You are most likely looking at a driver issue. Tell us the make of your laptop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-can-only-connect-to-internet-in-safe-mode.168638/
Relevancy 24.51%

my desktop PC Robotics 56k faxwin modem was workin fine till yesterday.

Today it is trying to dial but after repeated attemps it gives up with a message
"No dial tone".

I connected a phone to the incoming line into the computer. It does have a dial tone.

Is it time for a new modem or a new phone company?

Best regards,
Gulab Gidwani

A:Modem problem

You could try reseating the modem card, that is, physically remove it and reinsert it just to make sure it didn't come loose somehow. If that doesn't work, I would consider an new modem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/modem-problem.168757/
Relevancy 23.65%

I need modem firewall -> SonicWall switch router Cable -> a and some assistance with our network at the office We recently switched from having our data and voice being managed through a T and a phone server on site to having a cable modem and a virtual PBX Previous set up was T Line - gt Box from T provided - gt Cable modem -> switch -> router and a SonicWall firewall one line to the phone server and a second line to a SonicWall Cable modem -> switch -> router and a SonicWall firewall Firewall which then went to a couple of dell switches We have switched to a cable modem with static IP s and a Cable modem -> switch -> router and a SonicWall firewall virtual PBX Tech support for the PBX company suggested we configure our net work as follows --- gt Router--- gt Switch that connects to all phones Cable Mode -- gt Unmanaged switch-- --- gt SonicWall-- gt Switch that connects to computers I configured the router for the phones and that works with no problems But when I configure the SonicWall with the information provided by our cable modem provider it worked but the SonicWall said it needed to restart after configuration so I clicked restart Then the the internet connection wouldn t work and I couldn t get back into the SonicWall After numerous attempts at powering down the SonicWall and switch I finally was able to access it again and then the connection disappeared and finally I got access back again and reset everything to how it was on the T line The WAN setting on the SonicWall are as follows SonicWALL WAN IP NAT Public Address I set this to an IP address in the range provided and made sure it was different than the one in use by the router for the phones WAN Subnet Mask I set this to the subnet our provider sent listed WAN Gateway Router Address I set this to the Gateway address our provider listed DNS Server amp Set to what our provider sent over There is also an option for LAN settings SonicWALL LAN IP Address I left this as it was LAN Subnet Mask I set this to the subnet mask our provider listed From reading the setup guide for the SonicWall everything seems to be correct but then I am not able to access it nor do we have an internet connection The phones still work so there is connectivity to the modem I also tried connecting directly to the SonicWall rather than through a switch with no success Reseting seems to eventually work but I am not sure if that worked or if it was something else I am not sure what additional information would be needed so if you need something else please let me know nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cable-modem-switch-router-and-a-sonicwall-firewall.168798/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi guys,
I brought a Telstra MF636 USB modem about 2 years ago.
Would like to unlock the MF626. Telstr (Bigond) is costing.a arm and leg to recharge. I've just brought a amaysim with allow 4GB per moths. BUT
I have to unlock the Telstra mf636 before I can use the sim.
I am currently Using windows 7 32bit.
Any help is gratefull. Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-unlock-the-telstra-mf626-usb-modem.167836/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi My question is about using the integrated graphics option on the nd generation core i sandy bridge processor What I understand is that I must have a motherboard with on-board graphics to be able to use the integrated graphics on the processor Motherboard Bridge the in for graphics i7-2600 Sandy configuration integrated in that case I d configure the BIOS to use the onboard graphics quot Init Display First quot option OnBoard So will the motherboard use its OWN onboard graphics or the processor s i e will it detect that the processor has integrated graphics and use it or it just works without caring about the processor s ability and use its own Motherboard configuration for the integrated graphics in i7-2600 Sandy Bridge graphics anyway And if the board can detect the processor s capabilities and act based on it what if I want to use the board s graphics and bypass the processor s In brief how can I configure the motherboard to use its onboard graphics or the processor s integrated graphics Also is their a HYBRID way to make them work together Thanks and best regards nbsp

A:Motherboard configuration for the integrated graphics in i7-2600 Sandy Bridge

You don't need a motherboard with onboard graphics in order to use the integrated graphics of the CPU.

Be aware that the P67 chipset does -not- support using Sandy Bridge's integrated graphics. For that, you will need to use a motherboard with another chipset; the most popular choices being either H67 or Z68.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-configuration-for-the-integrated-graphics-in-i7-2600-sandy-bridge.167422/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hey,
I am currently looking for a sandy bridge supported motherboard. I will be using the i5 2500k processor and I am going to use the ATI Radeon 6950 GPU. I might want to do CrossFire.

I will be shopping from either www.shark.sk, www.alza.sk or www.agem.sk. The websites are in Slovak but there are some translating options on the sites.

I have some Motherboards in mind:

GIGABYTE P67A-D3-B3
GIGABYTE P67-DS3-B3
ASROCK P67 Extreme4 B3
ASROCK H67M-GE - would I be able to use a radeon hd 6950 2Gb with this one?
I am looking for a Motherboard that is not all that expensive. Maybe up to about 130 Euros. I might be overclocking.

Thanks in advance

A:Looking for a new Sandy Bridge motherboard

MSI have some decent P67 and Z68 boards available with UEFI BIOS.

And yes, you would be able to use that card on the ASRock, but you'd probably be happier with a full ATX board.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-a-new-sandy-bridge-motherboard.167365/
Relevancy 31.82%

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting ASUS Customer Service.

My name is <random westernized name> and it's my pleasure to help you with your problem.
Hello,

I?m sorry for your inconvenience caused.

For this case is happened by Intel chipset design problem, and ASUS will take responsibility to help you solve your problem, please don?t worry.

We suggest you could use the 0/1 port of SATA3 at first and we?ll swap the latest design unit for you on April, the warranty also will re-calculate when you receive it!
But if you have some difficulties for this option, you could contact the store where you purchased, and they will also help you for this problem.Click to expand...

Sounds like I'll just wait until April and get a replacement then.

A:Asus reply regarding Sandy Bridge chipset defect

Sounds pretty good, especially the reset on the warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-reply-regarding-sandy-bridge-chipset-defect.161063/
Relevancy 21.07%

I am talking to a friend over the phone so I don't have the computer in front of me for all of the details. He has an older XP computer probably 2005. It won't start in any other mode. All he wants to do is pull pictures off of it. If the computer never works again its ok. Is there a Linux dist that I can put on a usb that can see these files and pull them off? Or does he have a a better chance of hooking up the old hard drive as a slave in his newer computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-wont-boot-in-any-mode.167041/
Relevancy 23.65%

Well after my town had a power outage two Fridays ago, my main computer will not connect to the modem. Right now I'm using the crappy living room computer, which can connect to the internet.

Items I have

- Vista OS
- ISP Verizon
- Westell model F90-610015-06 Modem
- Linksys model NH1005 v2.2 Router

The first "myTcp.txt" is when my computer is connect to the modem directly. And the second is while the modem is connected to the router.

And when I try to "ipconfig /release" and "ipconfig /renew" I got the following message - "An error occurred while renewing interface Local Area Connection 2: unable to contact your DHCP server. Request has timed out."

Just tell me if I need to post any more information.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-wont-connect-to-modem-after-power-outage.166834/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi I have a computer that is not to old It is an Acer Aspire l One day as i was using a program it sleep to in or mode No keyboard/monitor mouse power completly froze so i restarted When i did it got to a loading screen just about to the screen where i pick my user account to sign on and it froze again So i once again restarted and No power to mouse or keyboard/monitor in sleep mode when i turned it back on it sounded asthough it was started up normally aka the beeps and crap it makes when it boots up all sounded normal but i noticed my keyboard and mouse didn t light up like they should and the monitor was in a sleep mode aka it is on but it s a black screen with flashing light at the bottom the same No power to mouse or keyboard/monitor in sleep mode it would be if i turned my pc off but left my monitor plugged in on So anyway i waited and hour and it booted normally again It went about a week or longer and i decided to leave my pc on overnight when i got back on it in the morning i moved my mouse a little to warm it up and it froze again just like last time so i restarted it and the same thing happened but it has now been a few days and it stll isn t working Does anyone have any suggestions to try to fix it i really don t know much about pcs other than how to use it lmao Oh other things i should note My mouse and keyboard are both usb and they both work on other pcs same with the monitor Also i turned my pc on while it was like this and tried unplugging my mouse and plugging it back in and when i plugged it back in it briefly lit up like it should but went out again when fully plugged in nbsp

A:No power to mouse or keyboard/monitor in sleep mode

Okay this Acer has an extremely small 135 Watt power supply. It may be failing. Is this PC still under warranty?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-power-to-mouse-or-keyboard-monitor-in-sleep-mode.166195/
Relevancy 24.08%

The title says it all Hopefully placed in the correct thread quot Out in the bush quot the connection to the world wide web is very slim Thus using a smartphone as a modem is the only option available for the I do a USB(cable)-modem? as 5230 Nokia How use me at this time Thus I want to connect to the WWW using a Nokia Details The PC is a laptop Toshiba Satellite C D and the smartphone is a Nokia The OS is a legitimate How do I use the Nokia 5230 as a USB(cable)-modem? Windows Home P -bit On the Nokia website How do I use the Nokia 5230 as a USB(cable)-modem? it says that the phone can act as a modem using the USB-cable just like using the bluetooth-to-modem function on the iPhone But I ve not successfully tracked down any instructions on how to do so Solution I need a step-by-step instruction describing how to connect to WWW using the phone described above The instructions does absolutely not need to be beginners-grade I m accustomed to computers but not with phone-to-modem solutions I think I might need some drivers aswell Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:How do I use the Nokia 5230 as a USB(cable)-modem?

The instructions are in the Cell Phone User's Guide and will be specific to the make/model.

But the concept is simple enough:
connect the cellphone to the PC with the USB cable
you should first make sure you can access the phone from the PC,
by using something like a contack sync program.
The Nokia 5230 should support the Nokia PC Suite which is downloadable for free.
then on the cellphone, you Make A Connection

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-use-the-nokia-5230-as-a-usb-cable-modem.165383/
Relevancy 24.08%

New wifi wireless modem. The new modem saying that I'm connected to the secure connection in the house. But for some reason that doesnt compute with windows. I got yellow ! for wireless connection in windows.

A:New wireless modem and still no connection to the Internet

I got yellow ! for wireless connection in windowsClick to expand...

Do you mean you have a yellow warning against the device in Device Manager, if so then the drivers are not installed for the wireless adapter or are you referring to the icon in the taskbar.

What modem, what wireless adapter and what OS do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-wireless-modem-and-still-no-connection-to-the-internet.165070/
Relevancy 24.08%

I'm not entirely sure what is going on as I'm doing this fix via phone. I have a laptop that doesn't have an eithernet port (appears to be almost a dinosaur), and the person using it is trying to use Agere Systems usb 2.0 soft modem (modem that connects ethernet cable to computer via USB port).

The computer is running Windows XP SP3, and no matter what is installed/uninstalled/adjusted it won't allow an internet connection.

Any ideas? I've tried driver updates, install/uninstall via device manager & unistall manager. I'm not sure of what else I can do to fix it.

A:Agere USB soft modem issues?

Are all USB ports affected? If so, do the USB ports work with a flash drive. If they do the USB modem may be bad. If they don't, it could be an XP problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/agere-usb-soft-modem-issues.163632/
Relevancy 33.54%

I have a ZyXel Q1000Z DSL Modem/Router combo and it's only connecting me at 130 mbps so I'd like to use my own router, a DIR-655 to connect me at 300 mbps. There isn't a WAN port coming out of the Q1000Z, USB port and 4 LAN ports.

How can I do this?

A:DSL modem/router combo as modem only?

Cazca said:

I have a ZyXel Q1000Z DSL Modem/Router combo and it's only connecting me at 130 mbps so I'd like to use my own router, a DIR-655 to connect me at 300 mbps. There isn't a WAN port coming out of the Q1000Z, USB port and 4 LAN ports.

How can I do this?Click to expand...

Can't the DSL is the input and ALL connections to the device will (internally) use the router portion. The bandwidth you see is NOT restricted by the internal router however - - it's the DSL itself.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dsl-modem-router-combo-as-modem-only.163423/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hey guys I recently purchased a second xfx radeon hd 5770, but I have no crossfire bridge connector! I assumed there would be one, as on AMD's site it says they are included with the card. Here is the link to the card on newegg that I ordered: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150447

Is there another way to connect them? Do I have to order a bridge connector? Please help.

A:No bridge connector for two Radeon HD 5770's

Hey wait I found a cheap HIS connector, will it work with xfx cards if it is an HIS bridge connector though?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-bridge-connector-for-two-radeon-hd-5770s.163354/
Relevancy 20.64%

I have tried to connect two different monitors to a CPU. A LG Flatron L1915S that just goes into power saving mode when started and a Samsung syncmaster 225bw that gives a message "check cable".

Both monitors work on other CPUs. The current CPU does not have a VGA connection. With an adaptor I can connect a VGA or a DVI cable (Flatron only have VGA possibility).

I guess the problem is in the CPU but how can I troubble-shoot? Is it the graphics card (how do I check that?) or can I somehow adjust the monitors to accept the signal from the CPU?

A:Screen goes into energy saving mode when connected

Can you give some more info about what you are using?
Is your PC a known make and model, or is it built up by you?
Both of your monitors are telling you that they are not getting any input, in different ways, and I am guessing you are using a separate Graphic card in an AGP or PCI-express slot on the motherboard.
You say your PC does not have a VGA output, so you only have a choice of one Graphic card, and socket.
So in that case, you have to try it in another pc, OR get a different card to try in your pc.
Can you say if your card has worked before? In your PC or a different one?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-goes-into-energy-saving-mode-when-connected.163118/