Windows Support Forum

Vista -> W7 upgrade fail?

Q: Vista -> W7 upgrade fail?

Hey all So I hear W is pretty popular now or something I've been attempting to upgrade my Vista install to recently but have come across a strange issue Im currently running x Vista Ultimate and am trying to upgrade to x W ultimate however whenever I select the x package on the disk I have I'm greeted with this error message Uploaded with ImageShack W7 upgrade -> Vista fail? us Weird no It seems to be contradicting itself So I tried launching the bit package and installing that in case I was wrong Vista -> W7 upgrade fail? and was actually running x all these years and was greeted with Uploaded with ImageShack us So great I can't install x because apparently I'm running x and I can't install x because I'm already running x Good job windows I've tried W ultimate discs and it's happened with both in exactly the same way so I suspect the problem lies deep within my Vista installation Has anyone come across an error like this before Or have any suggestions on my next course of action Other than a tear down and fresh install over the top I can't see a way out and it's taken me so long to get my media library's set up and annexed just right I really CBA to be fiddling about again Thanks all

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Vista -> W7 upgrade fail?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Vista -> W7 upgrade fail?

Quote: Originally Posted by The Editor

Hey all,

Im currently running x64 Vista Ultimate, and am trying to upgrade to x64 W7 ultimate however whenever I select the x64 package on the disk I have, I'm greeted with this error message:

So I tried launching the 32 bit package and installing that in case I was wrong and was actually running x86 all these years, and was greeted with:

I've tried 2 W7 ultimate discs, and it's happened with both in exactly the same way, so I suspect the problem lies deep within my Vista installation....

Thanks all!

Hello The Editor, welcome to Seven Forums!

"select the x64 package"

I'm curious about this statement above, where did you get the installation DVD(s) from, the 32-bit and the 64-bit should be separate DVDs please clarify.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/142786-vista-w7-upgrade-fail.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi
I upgraded from vista to win7 and it finished the install perfectly but when it restarted to do the settings it said it couldn't and it was going to rollback all changes but instead it just kept rebooting in a loop.. So now I've got all the backup files named "backup files 1.zip" to "backup files 571.zip" which contain all the data from the vista install in 200mb files and i cant unzip 1 and they all get unzipped and any file bigger than 200mb is shared over a few zips and can't be put back together because it just overwrites the previous 1...

A:Vista to Win7 upgrade fail

What OS does it boot-up with now?

I am unfamiliar at this time with an upgrade producing 571 zip files.

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-to-win7-upgrade-fail-449993.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I am resurrecting my Aspire X1200 for a friend's kid. Everytime I attempt to upgrade from Vista to Win 7 Home 64 bit, gets mostly through then blue screens, dumps, rolls back & blows the network on it's way down. I have gutted, cleaned, reinstalled, & updated...three times, no joy.  Only incompatibility listed is NVIDIA nForce System Management Controller...I have updated, disabled, and outright uninstalled the thing to no avail.  PLEASE HELP before I simply take a hammer and make it fit.....

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-7/Aspire-X1200-Upgrade-from-Vista-to-Win-7-FAIL-repeatedly/td-p/376542
Relevancy 63.64%

I am resurrecting my Aspire X1200 for a friend's kid. Everytime I attempt to upgrade from Vista to Win 7 Home 64 bit, gets mostly through then blue screens, dumps, rolls back & blows the network on it's way down. I have gutted, cleaned, reinstalled, & updated...three times, no joy.  Only incompatibility listed is NVIDIA nForce System Management Controller...I have updated, disabled, and outright uninstalled the thing to no avail.  PLEASE HELP before I simply take a hammer and make it fit.....

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-7/Aspire-X1200-Upgrade-from-Vista-to-Win-7-FAIL-repeatedly/td-p/376542/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi I tried to upgrade my existing Vista with an upgrade so I could keep my existing programs and files The reinstall was progressing ok and then I got a blank screen for an hour or so assuming the reinstall was complete I turned the computer off but alas this wasn t the case Now everytime I boot up I get the windows install failed message and to restart and reinstall Of course this process just loops but if I load the installation CD from boot I only have the option to reinstall a clean version ie loosing all my programmes and data Is there a of drive! not Vista trying upgrade hard delete to fail contents way I Vista upgrade fail trying to not delete contents of hard drive! can either roll back the reinstall access my HDD so I can move all the data to an external HD before doing a clean install or access the upgrade install option this is ghosted out during the boot from CD stating I need to do this through windows which I obviously can t The reason for the upgrade was that a the computer was getting really slow and b I couldn t install most applications due to a side by side configuration error message and thought this was due to a manual registry deleting effort on my behalf trying to remove traces of a prorgramme I was trying to reinstall that was having problems Help many thanks ps I have a Dell XPS laptop nbsp

A:Vista upgrade fail trying to not delete contents of hard drive!

I've had a problem with the recent Oct 15th Security updates, causing my Dell to hardware reset & reboot after screen goes blank, on 3rd stage of configuring updates. It is the IE8 Cumulative security patch responsible on my machine, tried updating video driver to latest etc.

The (temporary) Solution for me was to boot with the Dell Vista DVD, and use System Restore to rollback to the last checkpoint before the update, found in the System Repair options.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-upgrade-fail-trying-to-not-delete-contents-of-hard-drive.868973/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi, AllI try to upgrade the BIOS of my x1c gen3 20BS, and BIOS update utility for windows http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-x1-... UEFI: 1.13 / ECP: 1.09I am working on windows 8I follow the utility's instruction and install the tool, run the tool, and reboot the OS, everything seem fine, but when I check the BIOS again, I found the BIOS vesion is still 1.10, but ECP upgrade to 1.09. I wonder why I cannot upgrade my BIOS, anyone could help, many thanks.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/x1c-gen3-fail-to-upgrade-BIOS-but-ECP-upgrade-done/td-p/3341160
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi, AllI try to upgrade the BIOS of my x1c gen3 20BS, and BIOS update utility for windows, the BIOS version is UEFI: 1.13 / ECP: 1.09I am working on windows 8I follow the utility's instruction and install the tool, run the tool, and reboot the OS, everything seem fine, but when I check the BIOS again, I found the BIOS vesion is still 1.10, but ECP has already upgraded to 1.09 Anyone could help? Many thanks.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/x1c-gen3-upgrade-BIOS-fail-but-ECP-upgrade-done/td-p/3341765
Relevancy 49.88%

I have two Windows 7 64 bit systems that worked perfectly until approx two weeks ago. They started becoming unresponsive to various websites, such as b1015.com (unable to listen live). Both computers then started having problems opening sites through google searches.

Following this, most updates on both computers fail. Downloads from the internet fail. Updating flash on one - failed. downloading .net framework update - failed.

One computer has MSE - updated and ran scan - no threats found
One computer has AVast - updated and ran scan - no threats found

Tried to download malwarebytes on the computer with avast - failed
went to XP station - downloaded to thumb drive and installed from thumb drive and ran  - no threats found

from cmd prompt -  ran sfc /scannow on both computers  -  no problems found

Can anyone give me any ideas of where to go from here to get both of these computers working properly again

VR-

Bec

A:Updates Fail/Downloads Fail/Flash Sites Fail x2 computers

The first place to start is are you getting any error messages when the updates fail? What do the messages state -- for example, do you get any error codes? Please post that information here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/498794/updates-faildownloads-failflash-sites-fail-x2-computers/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello,

After updating new catalyst 11.12 my screen goes black during the shutdown/restart mode. The computer still runs and I have to hold shutdown button to restart then it'll come up. It only happens when you shutdown/restart. I'm running Win 7 64 bit Home Premium so I'm wondering if there's a windows problem. Any help would be appreciated thank you.

Alienware M17
Win 7 64 bit HP
8gb DDR3
ATI Radeon Mobility 4870

A:ATI 11.12 upgrade fail

sounds like a compatibility issue. Run driver sweep in safe mode and uninstall the current ATI driver and then download and install a previous version.

YOu wont see much benifit from the 11.12 update, its mainly addressing multi gpu setups for scyrim and bf3. not really aimed at laptops.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/204558-ati-11-12-upgrade-fail.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi I just got a new GB memory stick to upgrade RAM fail upgrade a desktop PC from GB to The problem is the new memory has RAM upgrade fail not been recognised The PC has slots one of which was initially empty and the memory details are GB DDR PC - MHz both old and new match these specs So far I have - Tried the old and new memory one at a time - both work fine giving GB each -- I ve done this in both slots so I know those are good too -- I always ensure the memory clicks fully into place as I know this can be a source of problems - Removed and replaced the motherboard battery to force it into a full refresh then rebooted with both memory sticks installed -- Advice elsewhere said this might force it to see the new memory but it did not work So far I haven t - Upgraded the BIOS -- Following the Phoenix website link suggests I have to pay for upgrades so I ll try that option if people think it will help The boot-up text shows quot DDR at Row s quot when both are installed which I interpret as meaning the BIOS itself can only see one of them Is there anything in the BIOS settings which might help System details are below Note that this is a relative s PC and I see them infrequently so won t get to try out suggestions straight away but will do my best to provide any extra info if needed Make amp Model E-System Ei- Windows XP Professional v Service Pack Build Processor - Pentium quot x Family Model Stepping GenuineIntel Mhz quot BIOS Type Phoenix-Award BIOS Date September th BIOS Version PG SMBIOS Version Total Physical Memory MB Total Virtual Memory GB though I presume that doesn t mean it s worked after all - Control Panel shows Mb with Physical Address Extension - quot mem quot from Command Prompt shows -- bytes total conventional memory -- bytes total contiguous extended memory Thanks Will nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ram-upgrade-fail.1001854/
Relevancy 49.02%

Office 2007 (medialess oem) SP1 fails to install (all the other updates incl. kb946691 installed fine)
Adobe reader will not install
Autodesk Inventor 2009 SP1 wont install
The common theme seems to corrupt cab files. I've tried having the UAC turned off, it's a brand new machine without any antivirus on it (yet). I've tried to download and install all of these multiple times, I've even downloaded a few of them on a different computer to see if that was the problem.
Does anyone have any clues as to what could be causing these issues?

A:Upgrade Installations Fail

Originally Posted by heretic07

Office 2007 (medialess oem) SP1 fails to install (all the other updates incl. kb946691 installed fine)
Adobe reader will not install
Autodesk Inventor 2009 SP1 wont install
The common theme seems to corrupt cab files. I've tried having the UAC turned off, it's a brand new machine without any antivirus on it (yet). I've tried to download and install all of these multiple times, I've even downloaded a few of them on a different computer to see if that was the problem.
Does anyone have any clues as to what could be causing these issues?

Try one of two things :

1) IN either the "run" window or "start search" off the Start Menu type in %temp% then press Enter. This will open the Temporary Files folder. Delete all the files present here. Some may fail to delete as an open process is using them. This is normal and fine. Reboot. Retry the update

2) Run "msconfig" in the same manor you ran the other command. Goto the startup tab and click "Disable All", click OK and reboot. Try the update. Once it completes, assuming it does, re-run that command, back to the startup tab and click "Enable All" and reboot.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/183285-upgrade-installations-fail.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a Lenovo G - with an i chip gb ram x gb This was the Fail Upgrade G50-70 Memory native config nbsp I ordered a DD L v gb memory stick from Crucial and installed it in one of the two slots replacingone of the original gb sticks nbsp Surprise it wouldn't boot up G50-70 Memory Upgrade Fail yes it was seated properly nbsp Do the sticks have to be matched up in terms of size this would have been a gb and an gb for a total of orwould I have to install two gb sticks in this case nbsp One time before I mistakenly ordered a DDL stick that had the higher voltage and discovered that was not compatible not that you could tell from Lenovo's user manual nbsp So anyway this time I made sure it it was a v stick and it still didn't work nbsp What gives here When I ran the Crucial diagnostic it reported that the motherboard could support gb nbsp nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G50-70-Memory-Upgrade-Fail/td-p/3344318
Relevancy 49.02%

Anyone point me in the right direction. I think I have the windows media package. Any tips would help, as there are some apps on the windows store I would like to download and I can't =(

A:Windows 8.1 upgrade fail

Why can't you download, are you signed in with a Microsoft Account, are you getting any error messages?

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/49383-windows-8-1-upgrade-fail.html
Relevancy 49.02%

All working OK on VISTA not often you read that upgraded to SP and initially I thought all OK upgrade reported success Then found when I switched on my USB HDD Vista crashes Blue Screen Belkin advise USB HDD works OPK with Vista and suggest corrupted drivers Microsoft have free hep for VIST SP went through levels of support people with multiple steps Sent in many minidump files Removing all USB upgrade USB SP1 after fail devices devices in Device manager Insisting USB HDD must be faulty - even though it works on all my other non Vista PC s Manually update each driver Run system file checker USB devices fail after SP1 upgrade quot sfc scannow quot same fault each time as soon as I power on USB HDD or plug it in if it is already powered on after about sec Blue Screen of death Yesterday they asked me to uninstall Sp I did and USB HDD now working OK with VISTA once more - proving that it is for sure related to SP upgrade Microsoft have now closed the case advising they will report it to Belkin as they feel it s a h w issue Belkin also uses no custom drivers just standard ones built into Vista Belkin advise that to them it sound like the upgradae process is likely to be corrupting USB drivers USB HDD works on Vista non SP works on all XP machines Anybody any suggestions - I use this for my file store backup etc so need to have this drive working nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-devices-fail-after-sp1-upgrade.706750/
Relevancy 49.02%

I am trying to upgrade Windows XP sp3 but it capt on asking me about the 'status.msi.' to install, is there anyway you can help with this problem??

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/410502eb-819d-4a2d-b3af-d914e47179ac/windows-xp-upgrade-fail?forum=itproxpsp
Relevancy 49.02%

I'm upgrade Windows fail 7 an intermediate Windows 7 upgrade fail computer user and I just upgraded to windows from windows vista During the installation of Windows it didn't work the first time and said it restored my old OS I tried again and it actually finished installing But except now my computer only works in safe mode If I try to start windows normally I get an unexpected reboot that brings me to a screen to choose how to start windows Sometimes my desktop will load up but then within minutes it will reboot again out of nowhere Can someone help me Also When i first started the installation of Windows there is a first CD used to update system BIOS and firmware I walked away for a minute and came back to a screen that said my laptop was put into hibernation to protect it from over heating I'm not sure if that part was done yet but it definitely said not to turn off my computer while it was installing that part Does that have something to do with my problem now

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-upgrade-fail-437019.html
Relevancy 49.02%

The Windows upgrade media requires a previous version of windows to be present on the hard drive and activated in order for the installation to proceed Meaning if you need to reinstall win you would first have to reinstall and activate your old os Slightly different topic but totally related If you installed the Vista Upgrade the way Microsoft intended without using the quot special workaround quot the license key for your previous os would become invalid to prevent you from running more than one copy of windows with an upgrade license The Windows Upgrade requires an activated os to be present on the hard drive so Vista s workaround can t be used with win Assuming the win upgrade also invalidates your previous license wouldn Windows 7 Fail? Upgrade = t that mean it s impossible to reinstall win because you can t activate your old os I ve been wanting to ask about this for a long time but I kept putting it off so sorry if this has been answered before nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Just upgraded to Win8 Pro last night by wi-fi. Cannot access internet router via ethernet cable. Cannot access wireless either.

Using Network & Internet troubleshooting for Internet Connections, I get:

Problem with wireless adapter or access point Not Fixed X
"Local Area Connection" doesn't have a valid IP configuration Not Fixed X

If I do a ifconfig, I see that LAN has its media disconnected. But not wireless.

HP Pavillion dv1190us Notebook PC.

A:Wireless Ethernet Fail after Win 8 Pro Upgrade

can we see the ipconfig /all - see below

you could try a tcp/ip reset - see below

------------------------------------------------------------------------

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista/Windows 7

Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on the screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold and red for the following commands.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log and press enter

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log and press enter

ReStart (reboot) the machine.

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested above
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

Please note and post back - if you receive the following message :-
Access is Denied

please post back the results in a reply here - its important we know that these commands have worked correctly and not produced any errors
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Details also here
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

This should also work for windows 8
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-ethernet-fail-after-win-8-pro-upgrade.1080677/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi Folks - nbsp fail upgrade nvme - p50 ideas? nbsp Forgive me if I'm missing a post that solves this problem I've found some related but nothing that hits it exactly nbsp nbsp I have a new p and as many have I got a cheap format sata SSD gb gb ram so I could put my own drives in nbsp nbsp I got 'Windows pre-loaded through downgrade rights' so the first thing I did was upgrade back to Windows nbsp nbsp Then I used Macrium to clone the drive to an external SATA box and swapped in TB NVME's from Toshiba OCZ RD nbsp p50 nvme upgrade fail - ideas? nbsp Used Macrium recovery media to clone back to one of the two SSD's and nbsp Nothing nbsp Windows won't start gives error Inaccessible boot device nbsp or words to that effect nbsp nbsp Yet BIOS sees both NVME's and they're in the boot order in the config so nbsp Then I thought OK let's just go straight to clean windows install nbsp I created a windows install media and nbsp Won't install says 'Windows can't be installed to this disk because you can't boot off of this disk please check your bios and make sure that a driver for the device is enabled' nbsp Yet windows installer media sees both and can partition them etc nbsp nbsp As above BIOS sees the NVME's which test out fine in system tests in the startup options nbsp nbsp If I put the old drive back it starts up just fine and indeed will even boot off the USB SATA drive as long as that original Lenovo drive is in there nbsp nbsp Any ideas nbsp Thanks so much nbsp Regards nbsp nbsp Eric nbsp nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/p50-nvme-upgrade-fail-ideas/td-p/3421342
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey all Hope you re enjoying your Memorial Day weekend I was until I decided to do an upgrade to Windows from Windows It seems to be functioning normally The only problem I m having is with my display settings I m using a Vizio quot tv as my monitor connected via an HDMI cable Everything was working perfectly before the upgrade but now I can t get a window to open up to the full size of my screen I ve gone through the process of attempting to update my graphics drivers but get the message that the best drivers are already installed I ve got my display settings as high as they ll go - x Hopefully I ve explained my problem clearly Is there anything I can do or am I going to have upgrade Solved: 8.1 Windows fail to live with this Any and all help will be greatly appreciated Thanks Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor AMD E - APU with Solved: Windows 8.1 upgrade fail Radeon tm HD Graphics AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gateway SX G Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

So I gathered some money to Solved: Upgrade Fail. Boot PC upgrade my computer My old rig specs were GFX Radeon HD Case Raidmax Solved: PC Upgrade Boot Fail. Sagitta PSU Raidmax W PSU that came with the case Motherboard h m-s pv CPU Intel Core i k RAM gb Hard Drive GB WD Blue I bought this PC from a local store already built so I know the parts don t suit each other well I recently bought a Gigabyte Radeon r x Arctic Freezer Evga G W Gold certified WD Blue TB I installed everything correctly plugged everything from PSU in where it s supposed to go DVI cable in GFX When I tried booting my system I got no monitor response whatsoever no sound no display no nothing I contacted a friend who is good at tech and he told me to uninstall GFX drivers from my which I did using my Onboard graphics and also all AMD software I even went into the BIOS menu and made sure my card was using the PCI slot by changing the option from quot auto quot I disabled integrated graphics and still no monitor response after boot I tried using my old and that booted fine so I didn t break anything while upgrading I know my motherboard is not great but I currently do not have the money to upgrade both a CPU and board However this card should be compatible with this old motherboard Does anyone have any other ideas as to how I could possibly get my card working I would greatly appreciate it Otherwise I might just be unlucky and stuck with a faulty card nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Okay so I am a college student. I bought a windows anytime upgrade key for Home Premium to Professional. I need it for the classes I am taking. Only when I enter the product key it validates then I press upgrade and a few seconds later it says it was unsuccessful. Following that it says that my key doesn't work for windows anytime upgrade and to enter a different code. The key is specifically for upgrading through windows anytime upgrade from Home Premium to Professional. I am quite frustrated

A:Windows Anytime Upgrade to Pro Fail

Nevermind. I went to restart my computer to try again, and it started upgrading. After I ran dxdiag to make sure it is now Windows Professional...

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/250989-windows-anytime-upgrade-pro-fail.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I tried upgrading my Windows 7 build 7000 x64 to build 7068 x64. Some time into the upgrade and error message appeared saying that a file failed to install and thus the upgrade was unsuccessful. If it is something wrong with my iso image of 7068 please direct me to where I can get a good copy of 7068 via private message or in a reply to this post.

If you guys need the exact error code I can run the install again but I'm not going to if I don't have to.

Intel Core 2 Q6600 @3.0 ghz
EVGA nForce 790i ultra sli
Corsair XMS3 4094MB PC10600 DDR3 1333MHz
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra

EDIT: Solved, just had to run the install from a disc instead of a virtual drive

A:upgrade from 7000 to 7068 FAIL

If you had a working copy of the 7000 on you may have elected to install the 7068 to another drive or partition or simply wipe the 7000 primary to see a clean install of the 7068 build. The upgrading from one build to the next can pose problems especially when trying it with beta versions of an OS.

As far as any leaks you have to run your own web search for the most part along with looking out for "fakes". You are always taking a gamble with any torrent sites to start with. The exact error code provided here would certainly be more usefull since it may be pointing to another problem other then incompatibility issues.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/6437-upgrade-7000-7068-fail.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I tried upgrading my lenovo laptop yesterday from Windows 7 to 10 it failed twice with a pop up saying "Drive where windows installed is locked. Unlock the drive and try again." Can someone point me in the right direction where to do so?

A:Windows 10 upgrade fail on Y570

I have same problem with my lenovo y570 when I try to upgrade it to windows 10

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Windows-10-upgrade-fail-on-Y570/td-p/2130677
Relevancy 48.59%

ok ..I have Motherboard -> ASUS P4P800-X I try to upgrade my processor from Intel P4 1,8Ghz to Intel P4 3,2Ghz but when I mount the new processor my PC doesn't start.

I try the new processor to another PC with the same Motherboard and same Bios Version ..and it works
I try on mine with another Power supply , VGA and Ram but still nothing
could be a fabrication error or something ??

any suggestions ??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-i-try-to-upgrade-my-pc-but-my-new-procesor-fail.952006/
Relevancy 48.59%

Power failed at 52% file completion and 15% install. This was done in a wifi residence... no network cable. Is there an accepted path to power on and continue? This is an Asus Windows 7 home premium x64 machine. Can one proceed by downloading install files to a USB? Hoping for an informed reply to continue with the install

A:Power fail during Windows 10 upgrade

If you upgraded to Windows 10 less then a month ago and still have the Windows.old folder you can downgrade back to your older OS by going to Start > Settings > Update & Recovery > Recovery > Go back to Windows 7/8 depending what you upgraded from

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/34070-power-fail-during-windows-10-upgrade.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi Folks - nbsp nbsp Forgive me if I'm missing a post that solves this problem I've found some nvme p50 fail ideas? - upgrade related but nothing that hits it exactly nbsp nbsp I have a new p and as many have I got a cheap format sata SSD gb gb ram so I could put my own drives in nbsp nbsp I got 'Windows pre-loaded through downgrade rights' so the first thing I did was upgrade back to Windows nbsp nbsp Then I p50 nvme upgrade fail - ideas? used Macrium to clone p50 nvme upgrade fail - ideas? the drive to an external SATA box and swapped in TB NVME's from Toshiba OCZ RD nbsp nbsp Used Macrium recovery media to clone back to one of the two SSD's and nbsp Nothing nbsp Windows won't start gives error Inaccessible boot device nbsp or words to that effect nbsp nbsp Yet BIOS sees both NVME's and they're in the boot order in the config so nbsp Then I thought OK let's just go straight to clean windows install nbsp I created a windows install media and nbsp Won't install says 'Windows can't be installed to this disk because you can't boot off of this disk please check your bios and make sure that a driver for the device is enabled' nbsp Yet windows installer media sees both and can partition them etc nbsp nbsp As above BIOS sees the NVME's which test out fine in system tests in the startup options nbsp nbsp If I put the old drive back it starts up just fine and indeed will even boot off the USB SATA drive as long as that original Lenovo drive is in there nbsp nbsp Any ideas nbsp Thanks so much nbsp Regards nbsp nbsp Eric nbsp nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/p50-nvme-upgrade-fail-ideas/td-p/3421342
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi All nbsp I try to upgrade the BIOS of my x c gen BS using a bootable USB disk I download the BIOS bootable CD nbsp n ur w iso nbsp from nbsp http support lenovo com us en downloads ds and burn it to the USB disk with these cmd nbsp geteltorito -o bios img fail X1C BIOS upgrade gen3 to n ur w iso dd if bios img of dev sdb nbsp Then I boot with is usb disk and follow the BIOS update instruction to upgrade BIOS But I think I fail with a last step The x c reboot with ThinkPad Logo and stop booting I have to remove the AC adapter and push the hard reset button to power off the x c nbsp And then I power on x c again I found that the ECP ID is upgrade to but UEFI BIOS ID X1C gen3 fail to upgrade BIOS is X1C gen3 fail to upgrade BIOS still not nbsp Could you help me check which step I miss Or any other suggest for BIOS upgrade with my x c nbsp Thanks

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1C-gen3-fail-to-upgrade-BIOS/td-p/3328983
Relevancy 48.59%

I ran upgrade assistant to upgrade from windows to I had paid for my Power during upgrade fail assistant upgrade and assistant was downloading my Power fail during upgrade assistant upgrade It had got to but was taking for ever due to my poor bandwidth I live in the boondocks in Thailand I left my computer running and went to bed big mistake The next morning I found that we had had a power failure during the night I could not find my upgrade and running assistant again seems to want me to pay again I don't know if everything downloaded before the power outage how do I recover my upgrade Do I have to start again If I do have to start again how it seems that I am going senile After turning my C drive inside out searching for the assistant I found a little shortcut on my desktop called install Windows as I hadn't seen this before I looked at its properties to find that it started the next stage of the upgrade I now feel so stupid

A:Power fail during upgrade assistant

Go to your E-mail from Microsoft again, the one titled: Thanks for ordering Windows 8 (order # xxxxxxxxxx).

Click on the word here in this paragraph:

This is your receipt - make sure to print or save a copy for your records.
If you need to download Windows, write down your new product key and enter it here.

That will open the download window as follows:

Make sure you you follow to path to create media for installation at a later date, either DVD or a flash drive so you'll never have to do this again.

That same E-mail has a line near the bottom like this:

To always have the software as physical backup media at hand, order your personal backup DVD now. If your download link is so bad, perhaps that is a better way to get it.

Also shown here: How to redownload your Windows 8 Upgrade setup D/L.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/18810-power-fail-during-upgrade-assistant.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Okay so here is the whole situation st i was using windows vista x bit New Fail Upgrade Windows help Motherboard Please until recently i replaced my motherboard seeing as the previous crashed i bought a gigabyte x UD R and x GB DDR memory sticks with replacing the motherboard i was told i would need to reinstall windows seeing as that the mother board hard drive etc all came together because i bought the computer straight off the factory so with replacing my motherboard and memory i don't have a windows vista x bit disk to quot reinstall windows quot so i just bought windows upgrade disk hoping that i New Motherboard Fail Windows Upgrade Please help could just instal windows with the upgrade disk But when i load the disk i click on custom advanced installation and the installation begins it completes quot expanding files quot then installing updates etc then restarts After my computer restarts it comes right back to the windows installation screen again and ask me to reinstall windows AGAIN and this is on going repeating itself over and over and over until my hard drive is full I just formatted my hard drives to get all my space back but i want to know why my computer isn't booting windows when it says it's been installed It seems as if it is only booting off of my CD DVD drive and i don't know what to do please help

A:New Motherboard Fail Windows Upgrade Please help

If you manually changed your boot order to boot from the CD/DVD first, you have to switch it back to the hard drive on the first reboot. You only want to boot from the CD/DVD once to start the install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/154668-new-motherboard-fail-windows-upgrade-please-help.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi guys nbsp I have just had my computer in for repairs and the ssd disk wont boot ha... fail Windows 10 - upgrade just V3-772 was changed I was running windows before and everything was perfect until an update ruined it all Long story wont go into that nbsp Anyway so i unstall all my software and do an update to windows All the preps and so seems to go fine Then it reboots and is stuck Never moves I see faint HDD activity but i let it run for hours and still nothing still gangs in the acer boot window It is after the bios load because i can access that if i am fast and press f nbsp After a while i gave up and thought perhaps it was just a fluke so i used my recovery dvd's and reinstalled my system and office and outlook and After about hours installation my system was ready to go So i decided lets try again And yet again same failure Simply hangs with the Acer Logo nbsp I called Microsoft and the told me to do a startup repair However that is not possible i can get it into the repair mode but none of the functions work So they said it V3-772 Windows 10 upgrade fail - wont boot just ha... was a hardware thing but everywhere i look it states the v - should have no problem with the windows nbsp I am normally quite good at fixing my own problems but in order to fix a problem i need an error or errorcode or something to go from Does anyone have any idea what to do

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/V3-772-Windows-10-upgrade-fail-wont-boot-just-hangs-with-the/td-p/460673
Relevancy 48.16%

I'm trying to apply SP2 to my sister's XP desktop system - that had been loaded with spyware and viruses that I removed with spybot and avg - but as soon as the CD content extraction completes, I get a fatal stop - saying File Not found. I chose to try the SP2 disk because the regular Microsoft site Windows Update failed as well (didn't even do the system scan - just said can't do it). Is there some way around this mess without reloading the operating system ? (Of course, she can't find her WinXP CD!).

A:WinXP SP2 Upgrade Fail - File not found

Hmmm, I am led to think you may have a problem outside of a Win problem, have you checked cables and hardware out?

The easiest course would be a re-install, but A)No disk, B)might be hardware.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/winxp-sp2-upgrade-fail-file-not-found.406947/
Relevancy 48.16%

Looking for help on this issue with Lenovos we are a reseller and evey Lenovo we sell that we have to upgrade the HD to SSD we are not able to make recover disks or USB that work and we have to order the media from Lenovo and that takes weeks so far this happens on m700 M83 M73 t450 t460 t440 and that is just this week  I know i can use Acronois to image this but must be a better way to do this  any ideas?

lenovoJPG.JPG ?2073 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Tablet-and/M900-Tiny-Recovery-fail-after-SSD-upgrade/td-p/3453310
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi nbsp The OS was initially select Windows pro downgrade from Windows from delivery nbsp fail Recovery Tiny M900 after - SSD upgrade I created the recovery CD DVDs immediately after I have the machine then I installed my newly purchased M SSD SATA removed the stock HDD trying to use the external DVD drive with the recovery CD DVD to recovery the system nbsp The boot was success and I select the M900 Tiny - Recovery fail after SSD upgrade language click agree then it shows Recoevery fail in window Product recovery nbsp Trying to do some configuration in BIOS such as switching the boot option from UEFI first to Legancy first and vise versa Make sure the secure boot has been selected to disabled change the boot sequence but none of them works nbsp I also have a SATA SSD so I install it in slot removed the M one trying use the receovery disc it shows Recovery fail at exactly the same position nbsp Just for curious I removed all the harddisk and use recovery disc to take a try it shows the exactly same error message at same step so I assume the R amp R can't find my SSD properly but my SSD was shown in BIOS as well as the boot sequence menu nbsp To make sure that my recovery disc is functional I put back the original stock HDD back and use disc to boot the system and it successfully passed the roadblock so it works nbsp No I am totally confusing since the same BIOS option was selected same procedure has been followed how comes the R amp R disc can only works on the original hard drive nbsp PS nbsp The attempts that I had done so far nbsp Use diskpart to convert partition to GPT not worked nbsp Use diskpart to clean the disk not worked nbsp Use Win disc with Intel USB driver can install the operation system without any issue but I want the OEM one nbsp Any one has any idea to solve this issue nbsp nbsp Mod nbsp nbsp edited titel for greater clarity Solved Go to Solution

A:M900 Tiny - Recovery fail after SSD upgrade

After spend more than 50 Man-Hours on this issue, now I finally solved it out. Here is the way I made it: Go get a copy of Acronis True Image 2016, I was using the edition 19.0.6571, use the disk edition to boot the machine, then select the original disk as source disk, use the newly added SSD as destination disk. Click process, then mess around for a while till it shows up "finish". Remove the external disk drive, the original HDD, leave the SSD inside. Start up, and everything you need is there. And, for unknown reason, once you finish all above, then press F11 during system boot, the R&R works perfect. PS.I didn't try the R&R disk at this moment, probably it still won't works. Anyway, thanks to the amazing Acronis True Image, now the issue has been solved. Cheers!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/M900-Tiny-Recovery-fail-after-SSD-upgrade/td-p/3359192
Relevancy 48.16%

Asus Portable Sonicmaster Second_Boot Fail/Error Upgrade Anniversary V CA Win upgraded to Win version latest version as of yesterday Yesterday the computer downloaded and attempted to Anniversary Upgrade Second_Boot Fail/Error install Hung for several hours at a black screen with white dots going in circle prior to any login In other words no login Did some research here and pressed the boot button Long story short computer finally went to quot restoring your previous version of windows quot which it did Today Tues Sep did more research and used media creation tool to download to usb and booted the computer from that to install Same results as above Got the version restored Tried again with fast boot software and bios turned off Same results as Anniversary Upgrade Second_Boot Fail/Error above except this time I did get this message quot xC - x install failed in the SECOND BOOT phase with an error during boot operation quot I have looked that up all instructions relate to upgrade to I have the latest Bios for this computer I have yet to try with wifi internet off Have upgraded to the lastest video driver - Intel HD Graphics driver with a generic pnp monitor The computer now just did updates for and my winver is - Have not yet tried another upgrade because these updates started Does anyone have any suggestions Thanks

A:Anniversary Upgrade Second_Boot Fail/Error

Facing exactly the same issue....anybody?

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/63578-anniversary-upgrade-second_boot-fail-error.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello to the Acer community nbsp Ok i have a problem my desktop was performing a BIOS upgrade and the computer was unexpectidly shutdown during the end of help M3985 Need !! UPGRADE BIOS - FAIL Aspire - the upgrade process so Aspire M3985 - BIOS UPGRADE FAIL - Need help !! now all i am getting is FOUR Beeps and a black screen no post screen no logo nothing things i have tried so far nbsp - Ive removed all expansion cards RAM etc so ive ruled out other Aspire M3985 - BIOS UPGRADE FAIL - Need help !! possibilties to my knowledge- Removing CMOS Battry nbsp - Clear CMOS Jumper- PS Keyboard w USB AMIBOOT ROM pressing Ctrl Home still no avail nbsp Soo i think i am ruled out with options nbsp - Buy a new BIOS chip and gamble my chances and solder the new chip on and hope it works- Try a USB FDD Probably will not work - OR just buy a new motherboard nbsp So yea i am in a bad spot and i need help anyone got any suggestions on what i should could do nbsp PC SPECS nbsp Intel i - P GHzAMD Radeon GB OC'ed Original GPU was a AMD GB x GB DDR RAMWindows -Bit TB HDDBIOS - UEFI - American Megatrends - I beleive the bios version was 'P -A or B ' i wanted to upgrade it to 'P -B '

A:Aspire M3985 - BIOS UPGRADE FAIL - Need help !!

Fusionz,

It looks like you received your answer on the other thread you posted for this here.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-8-1/Aspire-M3985-BIOS-UPGRADE-FAIL-Need-help/td-p/364814/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 48.16%

My new download/upgrade from windows media player 9 to 10 completed, but the new copy of WMP hangs at my music library. When I try to reinstall it, it gives me the message that it couldn't complete the installation.

Any Ideas on how to get a working copy of WMP?

A:Upgrade from WMP 9 to 10 corrupted, subsequent reinstallations fail

Try totally uninstalling it and then downloading and running the stand alone installer
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...0/default.aspx

IF it still fails to install you may need to run the microsoft windows installer cleanup utility.
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;290301
Run it and only cleanup the WMP installer files.

More info on its use here
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/MSICLEAN.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/upgrade-from-wmp-9-to-10-corrupted-subsequent-reinstallations-fail-73807.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello to the Acer community nbsp Ok i have a problem my desktop was performing a BIOS upgrade and the computer was unexpectidly shutdown during the end of the upgrade process so now all i am getting is FOUR Beeps and a black screen no post screen no logo nothing things i BIOS !! help FAIL M3985 Aspire - - UPGRADE Need have tried so far nbsp - Ive removed all expansion cards RAM etc so ive ruled out other possibilties to my knowledge- Removing CMOS Battry nbsp - Clear CMOS Jumper- PS Keyboard w USB AMIBOOT ROM pressing Ctrl Home still no avail nbsp Soo i think i am ruled out with options nbsp - Buy a new BIOS chip and gamble my chances and solder the new chip on and hope it works- Try a USB Aspire M3985 - BIOS UPGRADE FAIL - Need help !! FDD Probably Aspire M3985 - BIOS UPGRADE FAIL - Need help !! will not work - OR just buy a new motherboard nbsp So yea i am in Aspire M3985 - BIOS UPGRADE FAIL - Need help !! a bad spot and i need help anyone got any suggestions on what i should could do nbsp PC SPECS nbsp Intel i - P GHzAMD Radeon GB OC'ed Original GPU was a AMD GB x GB DDR RAMWindows -Bit TB HDDBIOS - UEFI - American Megatrends - I beleive the bios version was 'P -A or B ' i wanted to upgrade it to 'P -B '

A:Aspire M3985 - BIOS UPGRADE FAIL - Need help !!

Fusionz,

It looks like you received your answer on the other thread you posted for this here.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-8-1/Aspire-M3985-BIOS-UPGRADE-FAIL-Need-help/td-p/364814
Relevancy 48.16%

I've been trying to upgrade to Windows 10 for a while now, but I keep getting the error code 8004100E. Windows update seems to think it is downloading fine, but when it restarts in order to configure the windows 10 update, it just boots windows 7 as normal.

I've tried deleting everything in the softwaredistribution downloads folder, but that doesn't seem to help.
I've also tried using the windows 10 media creation tool to download it and create an iso, but this also fails.

I've noticed that when windows update thinks that the upgrade has downloaded and ready to be installed that there is only about 450mb in the downloads folder of C:windows/softwaredistribution where I figure it should be closer to 3GB.

Thanks in advance for the help!

A:Upgrade to Windows 10 fail. Error 8004100E

Having the same issue myself

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/377817-upgrade-windows-10-fail-error-8004100e.html
Relevancy 48.16%

TLDR Had Windows attempted upgrade to Windows upgrade failed Laptop won't boot Getting error that Interwebs indicates is an AVG anti-virus issue with W upgrade AVG recommendation is to rename avg system files and try boot again fail; avgidsha.sys No to 8.1 boot; upgrade 10 Windows I can't access the file system of the hard drive to make the changes to the files Also I would like to access the file system to backup Windows 8.1 to 10 upgrade fail; No boot; avgidsha.sys the existing data files Long story below Lenovo G laptop Was running Windows Upgrade to Windows attempted I wasn't there for this part but I was told the laptop took a long time and rebooted a few times but then eventually it comes up to this error Recovery Your PC needs to be repaired A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed Error code xc You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media If you don't ahve any installation media like a disc or USB device contact your system administration or PC manufacturer Press Enter to try again Press F for Startup Settings Press Esc for UEFI Firmware Settings If I press Enter I the computer reboots and within a few seconds comes back to this Recovery The operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors File WINDOWS system DRIVERS avgidsha sys Error code xc You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media If you don't ahve any installation media like a disc or USB device contact your system administration or PC manufacturer Press Enter to try again Press F for Startup Settings Press Esc for UEFI Firmware Settings Googling this info I have found this https support avg com SupportArticleView l en US amp urlName Disabling-AVG-when-Windows-cannot-start that indicates I should go into the file system and modify the filenames Using the AVG Rescue CD USB did not work With the USB inserted the system would only boot up to the error F gives me options about debugging boot logging low-res video safe mode blah blah blah But every option I select just sends me back to the avgidsha sys error message Pressing Esc goes back to the error message If I press F and ignore the options but press Esc there I get Windows Boot Manager that tells me to choose an OS to start My only option is Windows OR I can select Windows Memory Diagnostic If I select Windows the computer reboots and takes me back to the error message On the select OS screen if I press Esc to cancel it shows me the following error Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause To fix the problem Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer Choose your language settings and then click Next Click Repair your computer If you do not have this disc contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance File WINDOWS system DRIVERS avgidsha sys Status xc Info The operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors I have tried booting to a recovery USB and CD but neither options works I have tried entering the system bios but I am never presented with a message to press a key to enter BIOS I have tried repeatedly pressing F F F F Esc Del Nothing works Lenovo has a OneKey Rescue System button or a Novo Button that I can press when the system is off and the system will power up to a DOS style Novo Button Menu that presents options Normal Startup BIOS Setup Boot Menu System Recovery Normal Startup BIOS Setup and Boot menu all do the same thing Nothing They all just go to the error message System Recovery takes me to a OneKey Recovery Version that provides me the option to Restore from initial backup The system partition will be restored to the initial status or Restore from user's backup of which I have none There is also a warning message that states When you restore your system partition all the data created after the selected restoration point is deleted if it wasn't backed up With ... Read more

A:Windows 8.1 to 10 upgrade fail; No boot; avgidsha.sys

Hey...  I was able to access the drive when connected via the USB hard drive cradle on the latest version of Ubuntu.  The older version of Ubuntu only showed the drive but gave me no options to access it.

It appears that the drive might be failing.  I was able to copy the data I wanted.  I was also able to modify the avg system files as directed in the AVG support link provided in my previous post.  However, the system will still not boot.  Now it gets me back to essentially the same place as before but now it balks at file avgboot.sys or something like that.  However, this file was renamed in the earlier step, so I'm not sure what is going on there.

Anyway, I got my data and suspect the drive is failing, so I'm just going to replace the drive and install Windows 10 fresh.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/617436/windows-81-to-10-upgrade-fail;-no-boot;-avgidshasys/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi I recent got a used T workstation - it has GB RAM x gb and a W Xeon The latest bios A was already installed I upgraded to windows pro and all appeared to be working well I bought a x cpu and installed Memory CPU fail Test Integrity after upgrade T3500 as an upgrade - the system already had the U F heatsink which T3500 Memory Integrity Test fail after CPU upgrade I cleaned and T3500 Memory Integrity Test fail after CPU upgrade applied new thermal paste to nbsp On the first T3500 Memory Integrity Test fail after CPU upgrade boot everything seemed OK - cpu recognised in bios and windows But then windows crashed and on reboot I got - on the diagnostics and a memory integrity fail All other tests passed The problem was reported for DIMM but on later reboots it happened with DIMM I reseated all sticks cleaning slots with an air duster The systems seems stable with x gb but is always having issues with all slots used I have swapped sticks around several times so it seems not to be a problem with the individual memory modules I noted the CMOS battery was reporting a low voltage so have installed a new one After each crash I can usually get windows to boot again and then it crashes after a few minutes Could there be an issue between the x and the RAM or is it more likely that I have clumsily fried the motherboard DIMM slot whilst changing the CPU as far as I can see the T should support the x Any advice would be much appreciated Ross

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19990832
Relevancy 47.3%

When I tried upgrading from windows 7 to 10 on my Inspiron N5050 the screen had the windows 10 logo and spinning dots below it before going black. I had to hard restart my laptop. I contacted dell support  who said windows 10 was not compatable with my computer. They said I needed to restore my OS back to windows 7. When I start my computer I  can enter the bootup menu briefly before it automatically goes the windows 10 logo with the spinning dots. It stays like this for about a minute before going to the black screen. Any help with restoring to windows 7 from this point?

A:Inspiron N5050 Windows 7 to 10 upgrade fail, need to restore

I have the exact same problem and I can't figure out how get back Windows 7.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19644519
Relevancy 46.87%

I bought a cheap Acer Aspire computer from Wally World that has Windows on it I had to have something for internet access while I was rebuilding an XP box I figured that I'd do the free Windows upgrade on the Acer upgrade win8.1 win10 fail updates, completing insists which on once I had everything working on the XP box I have tried different ways of doing the Win upgrade and all spend HOURS downloading Win and then insist on checking for Win updates and installing them before upgrading to Win again win10 upgrade insists on completing win8.1 updates, which fail taking HOURS in the process In all cases many hours are spent downloading all the updates and then the updates start installing The progress bar gets to then a restart occurs Then I'm told that the updates are being worked on and the progress bar gets to every time Then I'm told that the updates have failed and many hours are spent putting everything back the way it was I ran sfc scannow which failed to repair dozen files My only saving grace is that I bought a spare G hard drive and used MacriumReflect to clone the original drive from Wally World over on to it so that at any time I can repeat that process to get my original drive back onto the cloned over drive Obviously I don't actually touch anything on the original drive except having put Avast AV on it win10 upgrade insists on completing win8.1 updates, which fail plus Firefox and MacriumReflect and using the McAfee uninstaller which I did before the first cloning I need to do an upgrade because the UEFI contents on this drive are uniquely matched to the mother board I don't think that a scratch win10 upgrade insists on completing win8.1 updates, which fail install of WIN will have all the drivers proprietary files etc that this motherboard is going to look for By the way while I'm trying to do all this the only things connected to the computer are a cable connection to the router a monitor a USB mouse and a USB keyboard I also turn off file and network protection in Avast indefinately since it's taking so many hours for all the shenanigans that Windows insists on doing Does anyone have any suggestions on how to install the Win updates I could take the time to install them one at a time but I can't find an inclusive list that tells what order to do them in A lot of them are security updates for Windows and the various NET frameworks from to Thanks

A:win10 upgrade insists on completing win8.1 updates, which fail

Personally, because you have a backup drive, I would clean install Windows 10 to the new drive. You can download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool . You can pull the key with produkey and use it during the Windows 10 install.

You most likely will not need many drivers after the install. If you do then check your Aspire's website for Windows 10 specific drivers. 

What is the model number of the Aspire?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/613301/win10-upgrade-insists-on-completing-win81-updates-which-fail/
Relevancy 46.44%

Help, Had a 6GB Inspiron 15R the 4 GB card just failed. Want to go to the max. But find some sites say 8 GB is the max and others say 16GB. 
All set to buy 2 8GB boards but would hate to drop that coin only to find it wont work. 
This should not be this hard. 

A:Dell Inspiron 15R (5537) Memory fail whats maximum upgrade?

Max RAM is 16 gb. Best results if you get it from someone like Crucial that guarantees it will work.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19636723
Relevancy 46.44%

I'm posting this to Win7 to - Warm Boot Win10 Fail ANOTHER from OPTION caused Upgrade anyone that's Win10 Upgrade from Win7 caused Warm Boot to Fail - ANOTHER OPTION having issues with Win10 Upgrade from Win7 caused Warm Boot to Fail - ANOTHER OPTION the Win Warm Boot functionality I recently did an in-place upgrade of WIN Pro to WIN After getting everything setup I noticed that Warm Boots would hang - for me this means selecting Windows key Power Restart My hang condition was the computer began power down operations - cut display driver so screen went blank but the system would never actually reset you couldn't hear any fan changes or normal sounds of shutdown going on Only option was press Reset button or hold Power Button till shutdown occurred I pulled my hair out and Google'd the world on all kinds of BIOS issues Advanced Power Management and driver Win10 Upgrade from Win7 caused Warm Boot to Fail - ANOTHER OPTION updates NOTHING FIXES THE PROBLEM I stumbled across the Shift Restart option for getting into WIN 's new Safe Mode Other Diagnostic restart options So I tried a quot Warm Reboot quot using Shift Restart This means Windows key Power Restart with the Shift key held down Once in the quot Safe Mode quot selection window - I did nothing else but select Exit to Windows which restarts the computer Guess What - It resarted quot normally quot just like it used to with WIN For some people there's something going on between the WIN code base UEFI BIOS or selected options for Power Management that hangs the system on Warm Boot - not sure what it is But this method gives me the ability to now Restart my machine consistently - which is important for me when I remote logging in and need to restart i e I can't push the buttons

A:Win10 Upgrade from Win7 caused Warm Boot to Fail - ANOTHER OPTION

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
Interesting most issues are from windows 10's fast start features which is the first thing I would disable in 10 and in the machines bios for good measure
I've never heard of warm boot :/

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/388170-win10-upgrade-win7-caused-warm-boot-fail-another-option.html
Relevancy 46.01%

hello,

We recently upgraded our servers from Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2010. One of major issues is the syncing of mail on our Droid phones. Many of use the Touchdown email client. The older Touchdown clients failed and once upgraded to the latest version, it works fine. However the native email client on android OS is not working at all. I have tried unchecking "use a secured connection" and unchecking "verify certificates" Also since we carry many different models of Droids, different OS's don't seem to make a difference either.

Anyone on exchange 2010 ever encounter any issues with Android.

A:Exchange 2010 Upgrade Caused Native Droid Email Client To Fail

I had some issues when we switched over. I was just using the native andriod client as opposed to Touchdown. I would check some of the android forums and just search for outlook. there were several threads on those boards and something i found there ended up correcting my issue. sorry don't have my droid anymore and can't recall the settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/exchange-2010-upgrade-caused-native-droid-email-client-to-fail.1002389/
Relevancy 45.58%

PLEASE HELP After upgrade from Windows to Windows Nvidia GEforce GT M Display Driver causes laptop to fail to startup I am running Version Build System Model Inspiron System Type x -based PC Processor Intel R Core TM i - U CPU 10 laptop startup Nvidia to fail causes upgrade to 8.1 GEforce Windows Display from 750M HELP! GT Driver to Win After GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Dell Inc A Since upgrading to Windows I have to start up the laptop in safe mode uninstall the Nvidia card Then I do a normal HELP! After upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Win 10 Nvidia GEforce GT 750M Display Driver causes laptop to fail to startup restart at which point windows update automatically re-installs the Nvidia card So before I shut down after working each day I have to remember to HELP! After upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Win 10 Nvidia GEforce GT 750M Display Driver causes laptop to fail to startup uninstall the Nvidia card again so that the laptop will restart the next time I need it There are a few works-arounds i have discovered but none work for my laptop Turning the windows update to a metered connection so that it does not automatically download updates does not work as I am in a rural area with poor internet connection and so cannot work via WIFI Downloading the Windows hide updates tool does not work as it cannot find any problems with the laptop - even though there is one Is there anything you can recommend that would stop my laptop from automatically downloading the Nvidia drivers It always downloads an old version of the driver back from and not the latest one that HELP! After upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Win 10 Nvidia GEforce GT 750M Display Driver causes laptop to fail to startup is availble from March Or is there away of telling windows update to download the latest driver and not the old one Please help

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19681733
Relevancy 45.15%

Okay I really need some help from you please Over the Christmas break my laptop seems to have developed a new problem All of a sudden I realized that my wireless connection was not ok and when I did an ipconfig the Subnet Mask had changed to and the IPv address was a x x x address I know that Updates Fail Vista-32 my IPv address has to be in the x x range with the subnet being That s what my other laptop has Because my laptop couldn t get to the subnet it Vista-32 Updates Fail couldn t get to the internet as well I then went into IPv properties and set it to Use a fixed IP gave an available x x IP provided the right subnet and gateway address and my laptop got back its internet access Looks like something happened to bring the network to this state as right after this I realized that my Windows Update was not set to Automatic Update ON I tried to bring it up and it would not come on I ve tried various suggestions from the net including re-registering all the DLLs running it Microsoft FixIt and to say the least When I attempt to bring up the Windows Update service manually it indicates Error x An invalid argument was supplied I ve tried to Vista-32 Updates Fail make sure that the dependent services are up only one was the RPC one and that is UP BTW I have removed the Norton Internet Security installed on this machine as well while I am trying to resolve this I would appreciate any pointers to get this resolved Note that if I manually assign the IP address I can get to the internet but not otherwise I wonder if the Windows Update failure was caused by the IP mis-configuration or the other way around Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Vista-32 Updates Fail

Here's the HijackThis logfile:
===============================================
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 10:05:20 PM, on 1/3/2011
Platform: Windows Vista SP2 (WinNT 6.00.1906)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6002.18005)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxtray.exe
C:\Windows\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\QuickPlay\QPService.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\QLBCTRL.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\hpwuSchd2.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Wireless Assistant\HPWAMain.exe
C:\Program Files\Mattel\Barbie Girls\Mattel.BarbieGirls.Tray.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LightScribeControlPanel.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Advisor\HPAdvisor.exe
C:\Windows\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe
C:\Program Files\TomTom HOME 2\TomTomHOMERunner.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\Windows\ehome\ehmsas.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP wireless Assistant\WiFiMsg.EXE
C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\soffice.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\HpqToaster.exe
C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\soffice.bin
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\ieuser.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil10h_ActiveX.exe
C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\Windows\system32\mmc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchFilterHost.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=en_us&c=91&bd=Presario&pf=cnnb
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=en_us&c=91&bd=Presario&pf=cnnb
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=en_us&c=91&bd=Presario&pf=cnnb
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=en_us&c=91&bd=Presario&pf=cnnb
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {E312764E-7706-43F1-8DAB-FCDD2B1E416D} - C:\Program Files\pdfforge Toolbar\SearchSettings.dll
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - {3049C3E9-B461-4BC5-8870-4C09146192CA} - C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\rpbrowserrecordplugin.dll
O2 - BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper - {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveShellExte... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-32-updates-fail.972534/
Relevancy 45.15%

got a Dell dim 9200, it was working fine until I turn it off before go to work, but when I turn it on again, the screen where you suppose to log in never arrives the vista sign says confiuring updates then shuts down restarts and loops on + on I ran a diagnosis and got the error 0F00: 137B Drive media is missing or blank. I hit F8 and try most of the options, included "repair the computer", and now the laptop keep rebooting and never get to the login page. If anyone has the solution for this error, I would really appreciate it. as the only way I can get in to the computer is using the f2/8/12 keys Thanks in advance ...kim

A:vista boot fail

Did you get any disks with that PC?......

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-boot-fail.834978/
Relevancy 45.15%

Yes I know but my Vista system JUST let me know of SP2 update Vista fail***NEW**** the SP update That s the first scary thing after that like everyone else back in it fails x now It gets to and then fails I ve confirmed that it s not installed still running SP KB I ve Vista SP2 update fail***NEW**** run Microsoft fix it the quot tool quot that MS suggested to install before the update searched for answers forever HELP Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R Dual CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gateway QTFCMJ Antivirus Trend Micro Titanium Updated and Enabled Error message Failed update gives me a try Vista SP2 update fail***NEW**** again button Code Windows update encountered an unknown error I ve rebooted after each try to fix it I m stuck now Any help Thank you nbsp

A:Vista SP2 update fail***NEW****

Try downloading the stand alone SP2 installer from microsoft:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...d5-f907-4406-9012-a5c3199ea2b3&displaylang=en

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-sp2-update-fail-new.961108/
Relevancy 45.15%

Does anyone else get a lot of problems with chrome and vista 32bit home basic?

A:Chrome+Vista=One big fail

I thought it was only me... Try 'SRWare Iron' it's pretty much the same of if not better... ---> http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron.phpEdit; Sorry to see about your dog, we had a cat for 20 years and one of the hardest things for us was to put her down... But it was her time and now in cat haven which I'm sure is a cool place...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/230793/chromevistaone-big-fail/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop running 32-bit Vista. It has developed the "local only" (no internet) problem and none of the fixes I have found work. How exactly do I restore, refresh or whatever the OS? There is a recovery partition on the disk. I assume I would wind up with the original version, which means I would have to update the drivers, etc., (if I then have Internet access). Can I still do that, or has Microsoft totally abandoned Vista? Plan B would be to move to Windows 7. Would this require buying the program with a valid product key? Any suggestions?

A:Vista fail, replace

LLOYDB,
You can click the link below for information restoring Windows Vista. If you wanted to install Windows 7 on your computer you can click the link below to choose your computer and see if there are Windows 7 drivers available. You would then need to purchase the Windows 7 OS.
Restore Windows Vista
Support.dell

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19976436
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey guys I hope you can help me with this I'm at my wits end o O My java refuses to + Vista Java =FAIL run uninstall and update Don't get me wrong it prompts me Java + Vista =FAIL to update however near finishing it politely informs me that my installation has been inturrupted Umm yeah because that makes no sense When using java's uninstall program or even trying the windows add remove programs it goes through with the removal process and tells me it's been successfull but when I check the add remove or the winprograms it's still there I've tried logging off restarting downloading the offline install adjusting firewall settings and nothing seems to work I'm running Vista Home Premium specifically java update won't get off my pc Norton firewall adjusted I've tried downloading saving from firefox safari with no luck Oh ye and java won't show in my control panel It's just a blank piece of paper where it should be And when I click it quot Application not found quot pops up If anyone knows how to end this night terror you win major internets Thanks in advance and I'm sorry if there's a better place to post this I honestly couldn't find it but I will gladly move this post if desired

A:Java + Vista =FAIL

hello sorry to hear. (I feel your pain) I had the same problem for months, finally reset to factory settings. alot of people across the web having problems some are claiming success with a cleanup tool from m$. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301good luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/282413/java-vista-fail/
Relevancy 45.15%

hey all,
just bought a new laptop - came with windows vista 64 bit (i had no choice! )
anyway, i can't install a printer on my home network: it can find the printer but it has issues with drivers.
the printer is a Canon LBP 3300.
as far as i can tell, the canon website doesn't specify whether the driver it offers for download is only for the vista 32 bit...
but when i tried to install it i got a message saying:
Cannot correctly run this installer on this operating system.
Use an installer compatible with your operating system.
what can i do? (not keen on doing any xp emulation or anything)
thanks for any help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-64-bit-printer-fail.854504/
Relevancy 45.15%

hey all
i've bought a new laptop; it came with windows vista 64 bit.
anyway, i can't install a printer on my home network: it can find the printer but it has issues with drivers.
the printer is a Canon LBP 3300.
as far as i can tell, the canon website doesn't specify whether the driver it offers for download is only for the vista 32 bit...
but when i tried to install it i got a message saying:
Cannot correctly run this installer on this operating system.
Use an installer compatible with your operating system.
what can i do? (not keen on doing any xp emulation or anything)
thanks for any help

A:vista 64 printer fail?

They are for 32bit, try to install them in compatibility mode

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-64-printer-fail-409262.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I recently got my computer back into a workable state after almost a month of work and fail Fail DVD Vista Install Originally I was dual booting Vista amp Ubuntu then after a platter went bad across both partitions i basically had to go back to scratch you can find out more deets here Anyway I have Ubuntu installed and it is running fine once it boots my rig is a homebrew with an i intel dx so mobo x g DDR ram W Thermaltake ATI I am facing two primary problems A my BIOS post time has gone from to about - seconds and OS boot from GRUB menu went from about to seconds B Vista DVD Install Fail i am running into an error trying to install vista from my OEM DVD Home Premium -bit it gets to the green kernel loading bar part of the menu then hangs indefinitely for at least minutes i thought this may have to do with bios and an ide ahci driver loading issue but in ide mode it still isnt responding this disk is clean and i have used it three times previously to reinstall A i am considering updating my BIOS which has been updated quite a few times over the past months to see if that will resolve reset the problem however i am doubtful that it will and fearful that it will only cause more problems however could it be a physical problem with the board i did a complete teardown and rebuild and nothing seemed to be out of order but i wouldnt have known what to check other than big problems B i would hope that updating the BIOS might purge whatever difficulty the Vista DVD is having with my system and loading it does anyone know what else may contribute to the green bar not loading there seems to be no explanation for why it hangs there at the green loading bar in this situation or at least i havent been able to find a similar situation among the fixes was the purchase of a brand new HDD WD T Caviar Black and it wouldnt install in a basic config with just the HDD and a stick of ram i x gig DDR DX SO Thermaltake ATI U KK amp dead -bit Vista dead

A:Vista DVD Install Fail

Hi see if anything here helps you http://apcmag.com/how_to_dualboot_vi..._installed.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-dvd-install-fail-476107.html
Relevancy 45.15%

My laptop (Sony Vaio) recently got blue screen and shut off. Now when i try to turn it on it says "BOOTmgr is missing". I tried to insert the intallation DVD for vista and install the OS over but when i go through the steps and click install windows it shows the loading screen (spinning circle on the cursor) and wont load anything. I also tried to do system recovery but that doesnt work either.

Any help would be appreciated

A:Vista fail/crash

Welcome to the Vista Forum
Hopefully this excellent tutorial will help
Bootmgr is missing

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/295421-vista-fail-crash.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I recently got my computer back into a workable state after almost a month of work and fail Originally I was dual booting Vista amp Ubuntu then after a platter went bad across both partitions i basically had to go back to scratch you can find out more deets here Anyway I have Ubuntu installed and DVD Install Fail Vista it is running fine once it boots my rig is a homebrew with an i intel dx so mobo x g DDR ram W Thermaltake ATI I am facing two primary problems A my BIOS post time has gone from to about - seconds and OS boot from GRUB menu went from about to seconds B i am running into an error trying to install vista from my OEM DVD Home Premium -bit it gets to the green kernel loading bar part of the menu then hangs indefinitely for Vista DVD Install Fail at least minutes i thought this may have to do with bios and an ide ahci driver loading issue but in ide mode it still isnt responding this disk is clean and i have used it three times previously to reinstall A i am considering updating my BIOS which has been updated quite a few times over the past months to see if that will resolve reset the problem however i am doubtful that it will Vista DVD Install Fail and fearful that it will only cause more problems however could it be a physical problem with the board i did a complete teardown and rebuild and nothing seemed to be out of order but i wouldnt have known what to check other than big problems B i would hope that updating the BIOS might purge whatever difficulty the Vista DVD is having with my system and loading it does anyone know what else may contribute to the green bar not loading there seems to be no explanation for why it hangs there at the green loading bar in this situation or at least i havent been able to find a similar situation among the fixes was the purchase of a brand new HDD WD T Caviar Black and it wouldnt install in a basic config with just the HDD and a stick of ram i x gig DDR DX SO Thermaltake ATI U KK amp dead -bit Vista dead nbsp

A:Vista DVD Install Fail

Xth Day Update: After a Successful flash procedure, and then an unsuccessful reboot, I flipped BIOS Jumper to config, got into BIOS and it appeared to be a false warning and the BIOS booted in config correctly, i made a few adjustments to fit my machine. Flipped the jumper back to normal, restarted, presto GRUB2 is back.

In summary i flashed to the latest BIOS revision and the boot to Post seems to have lessened somewhat, but the OS boot time is still pretty awful. Minor concerns, but it seems to be pointing at something that i think is causing my main problem:

What is happening that when i insert the Vista DVD it hangs at the green bar loading screen and it wont let me install the OS? Am i having a driver conflict with Recognizing the HDDs, a permissions problem since I am running GRUB2 and it wont let me own the hard drive, a problem with the SATA drivers and my DVD Drive?

Please Help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-dvd-install-fail.916637/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi there I've got a problem I've been struggling Driver Fail Vista with for several months now I have no idea what's going on and am thuroughly perplexed I'll describe what's going on as well as I can and hope for some response My laptop is a HP Pavillion Entertainment PC model DV us laptop I run Vista obviously I got this laptop about a year and a half ago for my th birthday As expected it worked like a powerhouse the whole time Around my th birthday it started to have some overheating problems Easily fixed with some canned air However shortly after that I started to have some other more distinct problems The first one was that on start up I would recieve an error saying that the HPwinmx sp module had stopped working A few weeks later I started recieving alerts about Windows having quot found new hardware quot More specifically three Base System Devices and one Vista Driver Fail IEEE Controller At the same time as these hardware alerts my serial and s-video ports stopped working my cd drive as well as my multi-card reader At this point ALL attempts to reinstall the drivers for these devices were fruitless Needless to say I made due for some time on what was still working We just didn't have the money to get it checked out Occasionally on startup all of these devices would come back on line for no apparent reason I reasoned that the hardware must be fine - no melted connections or shorted wires It must be in the drivers Last Thursday my laptop informed me that I had no speakers microphone or headphone jack Being a music and Hulu junkie that just would not stand I decided the best way to fix such a problem would be to back up my files on to an external drive and wipe my laptop back to factory condition using HP System Restore Well I just finished doing that around Lo and behold nothing and I mean absolutely nothing changed Same devices same problems etc etc For the love of god and all that is holy just WHAT is going on here --------- For reference here are the details on the errors for the three Base System Devices Description Windows detected a new device attached to your computer but could not find the driver software it needs to make the device usable Each device manufacturer typically includes driver software of a CD that comes with the device or as a download from its website The hardware ID of your device is PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS CF C amp REV Problem signature Problem Event Name PnPDriverNotFound Architecture x Hardware Id PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS CF C amp REV OS Version Locale ID Read our privacy statement http go microsoft com fwlink link amp clcid x Description Windows detected a new device attached to your computer but could not find the driver software it needs to make the device usable Each device manufacturer typically includes driver software of a CD that comes with the device or as a download from its website The hardware ID of your device is PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS CF C amp REV Problem signature Problem Event Name PnPDriverNotFound Architecture x Hardware Id PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS CF C amp REV OS Version Locale ID Read our privacy statement http go microsoft com fwlink link amp clcid x Description Windows detected a new device attached to your computer but could not find the driver software it needs to make the device usable Each device manufacturer typically includes driver software of a CD that comes with the device or as a download from its website The hardware ID of your device is PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS CF C amp REV Problem signature Problem Event Name PnPDriverNotFound Architecture x Hardware Id PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS CF C amp REV OS Version Locale ID Read our privacy statement http go microsoft com fwlink link amp clcid x

A:Vista Driver Fail

I can't find the edit thread button, so here's the error details for the IEEE 1394 Controller problem:

Description:
Windows detected a new device attached to your computer, but could not find the driver software it needs to make the device usable. Each device manufacturer typically includes driver software of a CD that comes with the device, or as a download from its website. The hardware ID of your device is PCI\VEN_0180&DEV_0832&SUBSYS_30CF003C&REV_05.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: PnPDriverNotFound
Architecture: x86
Hardware Id: PCI\VEN_0180&DEV_0832&SUBSYS_30CF003C&REV_05
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...3&clcid=0x0409

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-driver-fail-415432.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I recently had my hard drive fail with Windows Vista on it. Can I buy the upgrade version of Windows 7 and install it on a new hard drive? The computer is only 2 years old and is an HP Pavillion Model #a6230n. I don't think the computer came with a Windows Vista Disk....It does have the registration sticker on the case. Thanks for any help.

A:Windows Vista HDD Fail

Yes, you can install the upgrade version of WIndows 7 on a computer that does NOT contain an operating system.

Here is a decent windows site that explains the procedure clearly.
http://www.winsupersite.com/win7/cle...rade_media.asp

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/59844-windows-vista-hdd-fail.html
Relevancy 44.72%

i recently tried to install the spore creature creater game by EA GAMES from thier EA DOWNLOAD MANAGER and i keep gettin this message "RegDBSetKeyValueEx Failed" and this is preventing me from being able to download the game plz help me........Thanx

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/installation-fail-on-windows-vista-449759.html
Relevancy 44.72%

My system is a Intel core2 Quad 2.66Hz 2667Mhz, with 8Gb ram on a EP43-UD3L Gigabyte motherboard, OS is Windows Vista Ultimate ver.6.0.6001 SP1 build 6001.

I have tried to run the stand alone readness tool, downloaded SP2 and tried to install it, I get installation unsuccessful. this is the error code: ERROR_SXS_IDENTITY_PARSE_ERROR (0x8007370d).

The Identity string is malformed. How do I correct this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-ultimate-64-all-updates-fail.852457/
Relevancy 44.72%

The games I recieved with vista are failing to launch. Games Explorer quickly flashes then disappears. What gives?

Relevancy 44.72%

Hey everyone,
i just went to my windows updates and say that i only have one upate called "Windows Vista SP1" and it says that the install failed. How do i install this so it works. And how do i know if i do already have it installed?
Thanks,
Ben

A:Windows Vista SP1 install fail

Hello Ben.

In the start search box in the start menu type winver click on winver and a window will open that lists the version number. Below is SP1.

You can install SP1 for 32-bit Vista here.

Later Ted

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/190310-windows-vista-sp1-install-fail.html
Relevancy 44.72%

my brother in law deleted the c drive containg vista OS from his computer with the thought of putting windows XP on it long story short it did not work. i began to try it myself and noticed there is a d drive with a recovery on the hard drive my question is how can i access this d drive? and run the recovery? (IE Access the command prompt) the computer is a dell desktop. any help is appreciated and i thank all in advance.

A:removing vista installing xp fail

try the following - you should get something similar.

1. Turn on the computer, after the Dell logo press F8 key repeatedly until the
Advanced Boot Options menu (Advanced Startup Options).
2. In Advanced Boot Options, highlight Repair Your Computer and press Enter.
3. Click Next and logon to the administrator account in the computer.
4. Click Dell Factory Image Recovery and DataSafe Options; Follow the directions provided.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/removing-vista-installing-xp-fail-684322.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi everyone! My friend has a Toshiba Satellite pro laptop with Vista Business. He uses Avira personal and installed FF 3.5. Everything worked fine for about a month, but then Vista said that it had startup problems, did a startup repair and FF was gone altogether and Avira live guard got disabled and couldn't be re-enabled again. We re-installed Avira and FF. The it all happened again today.

Can anyone explain what happened and how to stop it from happening again? Thanks!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-business-avira-ff-fail-407492.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have recently installed Vista on my pc. I have it on automatic download for updates however when I checked the updates log, all of the updates were downloaded but fail to install, it doesn't show any reason and every update has a different code. Any ideas about why is this happening? I appreciate any innput since I have no clue.

Thanks!

A:Vista updates fail to install

Have you tried running sfc /scannow
You may have a missing or corrupted system file. More information about sfc /scannow and how to use it at the link below.

Some Windows Vista Functions may not work, or Windows Vista may stop responding
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-updates-fail-to-install.821458/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello I'm not that computer literat but please bear with me I vista New to to causes Hardware fail load? recently added some new hardware to my month old computer x gigs of ram and a T hard drive I had my computer off and unplugged added the ram and hard drive then plugged my computer back in I started my computer and while Vista was loading I all of a sudden got New Hardware causes vista to fail to load? a BSOD saying Stop C a fatal system error The initial session processor system terminated unexpectedly with a status of x Xc X The system has been shut down After a few more tries of starting it normally I tried it once with safe mode and it stopped loaded at quot crcdisk sys quot and after a bit it would BSOD to the same screen After starting it up again I selected the option to run the comouter with a previous setting that had a succesful boot and it went to an error saying that the NLS data was missing or corrupt with an error saying quot Xc quot After I went back to the screen where you have the option to start in safe mode or normal mode and it said at the top that Windows had failed to load and that if it was due to a hardware change to put in the Vista CD and click on fix my computer so I tried that After it tried to fix itself it said that it couldnt automatically fix it I tried doing a system restore to several differnt points which all didnt work because the system restore couldnt find the file quot X quot If anyone has a solution to help me I would be very grateful I was thinking that I could try re-installing vista but I dont want to lose all of my personal files so could I just install vista on my other hard drive look on my original hard drive and from there move all of my personal files If you have another solution or comment or suggestion please do so

A:New Hardware causes vista to fail to load?

Put the old ram back in, dicconect the new HD and see if it works.
If it does backup your data.
This way you can try to diagnose the problem and fix it knowing your data is safe.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/216538-new-hardware-causes-vista-fail-load.html
Relevancy 44.72%

When programs try to upgrade it fails windows vista is low in space my hard drive has lots of space what is my problem?
Thank you very much

Relevancy 44.72%

To cut to the chase, I have been having problems with Vista's vertical taskbar..

It seems that every time I try to downsize it, it seems to "stick" to a certain thickness that is unadjustable...

As you can see from the two screenshots I've attached, the horizontal taskbar is much thinner and overall, more sleek than its vertical counterpart. How can I get the vertical taskbar to appear that slim?

(Note:: I do NOT have this problem in Windows XP. The vertical taskbar on that OS appears equally thin to the horizontal position.)

A:Vista's Vertical Taskbar=Fail?

i know this isnt a solution as such but i use a program called rocketdock. It basicly replaces your taskbar with a mac themed one. Its small and really smart regardless of wether you have it vertical or horizontal.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vistas-vertical-taskbar-fail-331016.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi

My friend has a laptop and she is trying to install Service Pack 2. Each time at the attempt of installation, the update fails. I have attached the error she is receiving.

I have researched about the problem and read somewhere that uninstalling the anti virus software may help with the Service Pack installing. But my friend isn't too keen on this though.

I can provide more details if required.

Many thanks

Relevancy 44.72%

Well I had 6 recommended updates today for Vista. It says it installed 3 and failed to install the other 3. The three updates that failed were:

1.Security Update for Windows Vista(KB941644)
2.Updates for Windows Mail Junk EMail Filter (January 2008)
3. Update for Windows Vista(KB943302)

It gave me the Error: 80070BC9

A:Windows Vista Updates fail

I get the same error message, but me it's even worse... a whole bunch of updates fail to install. Any help, please?
I have Windows Vista Home Premium. I doubt there is any malware or virus as it's a fresh Vista install and I even ran a SpyEraser scan and a BitDefender Anti-Virus scane which returned nothing wrong.
I thought I found a fix suggesting to enter the following command in "cmd": "reg delete HKLM\Components /v AdvancedInstallersNeedResolving" but windows says it can't find "AdvancedInstallersNeedResolving".
Thanks in advance.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-updates-fail-210221.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi everyone.I've been trying to do backups of my files and they fail because my recovery drive is full. Can I make space on that drive-it is 14.6G.I can't find any trace of Back Up Files Wizard on my computer though it's supposed to be included in VHB.Or is there something else entirely I should be doing? I got the computer in June and do no gaming or anything but I download a lot of music on iTunes,etc.Inexperienced but eager to learn!

Relevancy 44.72%

I seem to be suffering though an epic fail trying to get this downloaded as well I went over the suggested fixes and it still wont install. I copy and pasted this I think this was all I needed to post... *wrinkles her nose* I think...

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 Security Update for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 (KB979906)

Download size: 13.8 MB

You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Update type: Important

A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to tamper with digitally signed content without being detected, when this content is being consumed by an application that makes use of the Microsoft .NET Framework on a Windows-based system. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

A:Windows Update Fail for Vista

Quote:

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 Security Update for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 (KB979906)

What Windows Vista Version do you have? Go to START -> type cmd.exe and tell us what he very first line on screen says.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-update-fail-for-vista-494692.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey all so here's what's up -My brother's Dell Inspiron did not have any updates or service packs installed on the OEM installed -bit Vista Home Premium I updated it to SP then began SP After the update's auto reboot it hung on a number of files SP failed--and what's more somehow my Restore Points were deleted when the Auto-Update created its own Restore Points So I only had a Restore Point that would boot Vista Fail--- Errors ReInstall SP2 the system into Completing the upgrade -In frustration my brother wiped his drive and tried to reinstall Windows via the SP2 Fail--- Vista ReInstall Errors Dell Recovery Disc But when he tries to reinstall Vista it gives him this error quot Windows cannot access the installation sources Verify that the installation sources are accessible and restart the installation quot -After I looked at it I see partitions and a quot BOOT quot partition all of which may not have been reformatted correctly Is there a way to wipe all the partitions and try reinstalling Vista again Suggestions Thanks

A:SP2 Fail--- Vista ReInstall Errors

on some factory built pcs like dell you should use their own version of the service pack as it,ll will update the restore partition on the hd as well with the correct file versions.
you can make a bootable formating disk, the drive manufactorer should have one on their site or a site like major geeks etc.
but you,ll need a genuine disk to reinstall from scratch not a system restore/recovery disk

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/280385-sp2-fail-vista-reinstall-errors.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Anyone know what this error means? There was no information with the fail to install message and I haven't been able to find it on the FAQs. It happened fairly late in the install process, so I'd like to find out the cause before I try again!

A:Vista SP1 Fail. Error 80041315

happened to me aswell man, took me two goes to get it, restart it. It should quickly jump to were it failed and continue with the installation.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-sp1-fail-error-80041315-a-259003.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hallo Can anyone please help me I have a Lenovo y - laptop I like my Vista x Ultimate and would like to stick with it for a while still but have problems with it It looks like Vista and y doesn't like each other In bios updated to newest bios Vista on lenovo Ultimate laptop x64 y50-70 fail reset to defaults UEFI disabled only legacy running disabled all other related tech in bios virtual crap etc USB and USB flash drives with untouched Vista Business and Ultimate SP and SP with USB DVD drive also SP and SP Whether you use USB or USB port it will install once on either Boot to desktop Reboot and if you forget the Vista x64 Ultimate fail on lenovo y50-70 laptop USB or the DVD in the port it will corrupt the profile It hangs intermittently Vista x64 Ultimate fail on lenovo y50-70 laptop it freezes it gives file errors reading errors etc The OS's are clean drives are clean and Windows and windows run's fine on it Remember when the old AMD K - CPU's hit the market you could install win once and upon restart it would fail boot Then Microsoft brought out a memory workaround that solved the issue but you still needed to install the OS first I think the problem relates to memory management or CPU and memory management I dont get BSOD's Just freezing corruption etc intermittently Can you please help me fix this or know the reason why this is happening Currently running Win do wish to run Vista though Thanx JJ

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/25f60e5b-2cf8-4eb5-b98b-5b2f619e3f5d/vista-x64-ultimate-fail-on-lenovo-y5070-laptop?forum=itprovistadeployment
Relevancy 44.29%

Hey everyone smile I would like some helpful suggestions on this issue because I am working two jobs lately and I really don t have time to correct an obvious flaw with Windows Vista especially on a system that I built and donated to our church ISSUE The built in games written by Microsoft fail to install over and over again with this error message Windows to in built Vista games fail install Features An error has occurred Not all of the features were successfully changed System Dell Tower Vista built in games fail to install P Pentium GHz single core with Gigabyte RAM running Windows Vista Business Bit on a brand new gigabyte IDE hard drive This is a fresh OEM install of Vista with ALL every update available from Microsoft with of course SP Running Direct X and a Nvidia GeForce FX display adapter aka video card with the Microsoft certified driver These above are the minimum requirements for Windows Vista bit and other then the fact that the built in games fail to install it runs great Have tried so far Emptied I E que and also reset it Installed ALL every single update available from Microsoft for Vista Ran CHKDSK comes up clean Restarted the computer numerous times And yes I have followed the exact procedure for expanding the games control panel gt gt programs and features gt gt turn windows features on or off gt gt allow user account control to continue Install all games at once Install individual games one at a time There is no other software on this system so it does not make sense But it really does not surprise me since Vista is the worst operating system Microsoft has written since Mr Gates reverse engineered the Macintosh GUI and produced Windows But hey That s just my opinion wink wink It s just too bad that Microsoft decided to make more money with Windows finally fixing most of the failures in Vista rather then admit that they obviously made numerous mistakes in Vista and failed to consider what end users really want in an operating system The only reason I used Vista on this tower was because it is not good enough to run and it is getting increasing more difficult to install XP which is just about the best operating system Microsoft has ever written And I had a spare Vista key Anyway Helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance smile

A:Vista built in games fail to install

Hi,

Look here & try the suggestion at the bottom. Not sure it will fix the issue by turning off & back on "WAS" (Windows Process Activation Service) but it's worth a try?

"turn windows features on" An error has occurred. Not all of the features were successfully.

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/301956-vista-built-games-fail-install.html
Relevancy 44.29%

My new gateway ran SM Alpha C on Window's XP. I updated to Vista and the game now crashes upon startup with the terrain.exe fail . I updated all drivers and installed newest XP patches, no help.
In despair at the loss of one of my favorite games, I booted the computer in safe mode and the game runs just fine , although no audio . I do not have internet access, therefore no multiplayer net aspects, etc, little chance for spyware, etc. (Yes, the game is legal, right out of the box.) I am presuming some Vista bell and whistle is screwing up its ability to be an "operating" system. I have found Window's software backward compatibility program to be utterly useless.
My question is can and or then how do I trouble shoot the problem to configure regular Vista to run the game properly?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/alpha-centuria-terrain-exe-fail-on-vista.600483/
Relevancy 44.29%

Whenever I run windows update or try to install anything windows related such as .net or microsoft webcam software, I always get an error in the setup which causes the installing to crash or fail.

Below is the .NET crash report

Update to .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 for the .NET Framework Assistant 1.0 x64 (KB963707)

Installation date: ‎8/‎26/‎2009 1:33 AM

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 8007064C

Update type: Important

The update to .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 for the .NET Framework Assistant 1.0 for Firefox addresses several compatibility issues with version 1.0 of the extension.

A:Vista updates fail everytime I run update

Try install this update from Microsoft Download Center if it also fail you have to completely remove NET Framework 3.5 by using tools NET Framework Cleanup tool Aaron Stebner's WebLog : .NET Framework Cleanup Tool User's Guide
and install NET Framework 3.5 again and hotfixes

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/244195-vista-updates-fail-everytime-i-run-update.html
Relevancy 44.29%

My Samsung Writemaster SE-184 is not working.
It was working fine until I moved my computer and now Vista dosent even see it when I plug it in!

Any suggestions?
Specs.:

System: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dualcore Processor 4400+,
3,0 GB DDr2 RAM
Graphics: NVIDA GeForce 8800 GT
Sound: Integrated; RealTech HD Audio

A:Driver needed ext. drive fail in Vista

Did it get knocked or dropped?

Does it appear in Device Manager?

Does it even power on?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/driver-needed-ext-drive-fail-in-vista.947941/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello i would greatly appreciate any help available to solve my current problem please respond quickly and soon) Windows may (this disk vista formatting fail don't post an answer which has already been posted by someone else I have been gifted a laptop which needed reformatting i proceeded to format the laptop with vista The laptop is a Windows vista formatting (this disk may fail soon) Fujitsu Siemens Li which is only compatible with vista so i can not upgrade or downgrade to or Xp upon reformatting the laptop worked for about - hours until the laptop switched itself off upon restart the message quot failure predicted on hard disk wdc wd bevs- ust quot appeared underneath is a warning to back up data and replace hard disk the laptop would not run after that just repeat and endless cycle of restart message a pointless screen which just says windows vista has a problem and highlights vista where pressing enter on highlighted option or pressing esc just bring me back to the start of the cycle so i attempted to reformat the drive after deleting and creating a new partition i attempt to reformat but it does nothing the format begins then the space below the partition goes gray and then goes back to what it was before i clicked format each partition fills up GB after an attempt i would really appreciate some help as would the others with a similar problem who will look on this site for help in the future P S i write this article while kicking myself for not trying systems restore so don't suggest it

A:Windows vista formatting (this disk may fail soon)

and welcome to the Forum

Sounds like that drive will have to be replaced . . You can buy one anywhere that sells pc parts. You can pull it out to determine wether it is IDE or SATA.

How much memory does it have?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-formatting-this-disk-may-fail-soon-594428.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello I actually have a few questions to ask despite my title so I hope it d be okay if I decided to ask them all in one post Forgive me if I m disregarding the rules in any form A few months ago I purchased a game Knights of the Old Republic II or KOTOR II and since it was made in and ideal for Windows XP Operating Systems it wouldn t run on my computer because I Epic Vista KOTOR = Assistance? + II Fail?? have Windows Vista Home Premium-- I didn t know this when I purchased it After a month of slaving on the computer looking for a solution I found an interesting suggestion someone suggested I download Windows Virtual PC and quot downgrade quot to Windows XP and try running my game then Unfortunately I know little about Virtual PC Microsoft hasn t offered much assistance let alone a straight answer Also I d like to ask if I ll need a disk to run on XP using Virtual PC because I have a Toshiba Laptop and I ll also need a disk to play my game One last thing-- should I just wait for Windows I wanted to know Assistance? Vista + KOTOR II = Epic Fail?? because if I wouldn t have to fix any compatibility problems make any adjustments to the game s running or whatever and have it run on my computer then I d be thrilled to wait Thank you so much in advance I really don t have the patience for the people in the forums at Microsoft Answers They re rather rude and pretentious to some extent I don t blame them though If you need to know anything about my computer s Assistance? Vista + KOTOR II = Epic Fail?? running don t hesitate to ask nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

您好:
我是VISTA旗舰版的用户.最近发现window update不能用.
更新时,提示错误代码为ox80070bc9,请问该如何解决该问题?

PS.现在任何更新都不能完成.包括我从网上下载的补丁安装包,经手动安装也是失败.
我估计是注册表中丢失了哪个文件..
我曾用vista优化大师清理注册表..
我已试了由微软工程师提供给我的方法,,但还是失败....
不能安装WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86,显示错误代码也是0x80070bc9..
请问是什么原因?在不系统重装的情提下,如何修复?
谢谢

hu

A:vista windows upgarde fail erro code0x80070bc9

This message is written in Chinese-Simplified. Here's the question in English... at least as close as I could translate it.

Quote:

Hello: I am the VISTA flagship version's user. Recently discovered that window update cannot use. When renewal, prompts the error code is ox80070bc9, ask how should solve this problem?

PS. any renewal cannot complete now. Including me from on-line downloading patch peaceful packaging, is also is defeated after the manual installment. Which document did I estimate am in the registry lost. I once used vista to optimize master to clean up the registry. I have tried to provide by Microsoft engineer to mine method, but is defeated…. Cannot install WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86, the demonstration error code is also 0x80070bc9. Ask that is what reason? Does not raise in the system rewiring's sentiment, how to repair?

Thanks hu

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-windows-upgarde-fail-erro-code0x80070bc9-392457.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I just read an article that says that computers using a multi-boot setup (that is, having more than one operating system installed) wherein the Windows bootloader is replaced by a third-party loader (such as LILO or GRUB) and where Vista is either the Ultimate or Enterprise editions, will fail to install Vista's Service pack 1.From the article:If you?re dualbooting Windows Vista Enterprise or Ultimate alongside a Linux distro, and have installed the Linux bootloader into the MBR, then you?re guaranteed to run into problems when installing Vista Service Pack 1, Microsoft has admitted.Read More: http://apcmag.com/vista_sp1_wont_install_o...s_microsoft.htmUgh... Pain. In. The....

A:Vista Sp1 Install Will Fail On Multi-boot Systems

Vista has so many problems and has had such low sales that M$ is discontinuing selling XP in order to force people to spend their money on the junk OS.Wish something would come along that would blow M$ out of the water.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/141181/vista-sp1-install-will-fail-on-multi-boot-systems/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hey hope someone can help Me and my wife just moved into a new apartment and got subscribed to a new broadband provider They sent us through a cisco router model no epc and we created a WPA -Personel secure network with encryption type TKIP I have connected my macbook to it my iphone to it and my wifes samsung netbook running Windows but I cannot connect my laptop running vista to the internet I've tried with DNS Fail (vista) communicate Network/IP Primary 'Cannot Server playing around with different network security and could connect to it on WEP - but I didnt want to keep it on that and I couldn't connect the Network/IP Fail 'Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server (vista) netbook The rest of the security types and encryption types have the same response The computer connects to the network with an excellent signal but it is the only computer that cannot connect to the internet through this network I never had a problem like this with this computer and have tried it on other networks When I run windows network diagnostics it says 'Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server ' Network diagnostics pinged the remote but did not receive a response ' When I try to automatically get a new IP setting for network adapter it tries to repair but then says 'there still seems to be a problem with your connection' Likewise when i click 'reset the network adapter' the repair leads back to cannot communicate with primary DNS server I have tried a wired connection router to computer but as soon as I plug it in I get the message 'Windows has detected and IP address conflict' - and it once again connects to the network but not to the internet Oh and I don't know if this makes any difference but this is a British computer and I moved to Sweden obviously using a Swedish ISP

A:Network/IP Fail 'Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server (vista)

Originally Posted by Temlekin

Hey,
hope someone can help. Me and my wife just moved into a new apartment and got subscribed to a new broadband provider. They sent us through a cisco router (model no.epc2425) and we created a WPA2-Personel secure network, with encryption type TKIP. I have connected my macbook to it, my iphone to it, and my wifes samsung netbook (running Windows 7) but I cannot connect my laptop running vista to the internet. I've tried playing around with different network security and could connect to it on WEP - but I didnt want to keep it on that and I couldn't connect the netbook. The rest of the security types and encryption types have the same response.
The computer connects to the network with an excellent signal, but it is the only computer that cannot connect to the internet through this network. I never had a problem like this with this computer and have tried it on other networks.
When I run windows network diagnostics it says...
'Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server (193.150.193.150)'
Network diagnostics pinged the remote but did not receive a response.'

When I try to automatically get a new IP setting for network adapter it tries to repair but then says 'there still seems to be a problem with your connection'. Likewise when i click 'reset the network adapter' the repair leads back to cannot communicate with primary DNS server.

I have tried a wired connection, router to computer, but as soon as I plug it in I get the message
'Windows has detected and IP address conflict' - and it once again connects to the network but not to the internet.

Oh, and I don't know if this makes any difference, but this is a British computer and I moved to Sweden, obviously using a Swedish ISP...

i used to have this problem, you need to set the network adaptor to all automatic, your new cisco router uses uPnP so your IP conflict is probably a result of your unconnected laptop trying to connect to the same IP address as another PC on your network (eg/ 192.168.0.5 would be used by your iPhone, but your laptop has reserved that IP address for itself), to fix this, go to network and sharing center, navigate to adaptor settings on the left pane, right click the wireless card and choose properties>IPv4 properties, set everything to automatic, including all things in other tabs and click advanced and make sure DHCP is enabled on that card.

Reboot and try again

MrNeeds

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/292151-network-ip-fail-cannot-communicate-primary-dns-server-vista.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hell, I have a Toshiba Satellite L40-139 Model Number. PSL40E-02ROONEN
and it recently kinda just acted real funny and became unusable basically :p so i managed to find the Toshiba Product Recovery Disc Here is the information provided on the disc:
'Product Recovery, For Distribution only with a new Toshiba PC.
GMR400772ENO
CD 5D124126
Windows Vista TM Home Premium 32-Bit

what i did was boot up the laptop entered the bios and changed the start-up order so CD/DVD was First, the inserted the disc and then restarted the laptop after it booted up the cd screen came up and i selected the language and after it had finished almost all of the steps on the last one it cam up with failed *then file location* i then did this at least 15 more times but still no luck

Please help,
Kind regards,

Jordanixting

A:[SOLVED] windows Vista system restore fail

Greetings, Jordanixting, and welcome to TSF!

Firstly, the "*then file location*" you speak of, was the location a file on the disk, or a file on the C: drive? I'm fairly certain you will reply with the file location being that of the recovery disk, so that leads me to believe the disk is scratched to high hell, or is somehow unusable (there are many factors that can cause this other than scratches).

It sounds like that disk is fubar, but we may have an alternate route. Many Vista machines were the early stages of the development of recovery partitions. You may have received a recovery disk, but there may still be a recovery partition on the hard drive you are not aware of.

As you boot the machine, look for any kind of "Press "XX" to enter recovery mode" message, and press that key accordingly (you may not be fast enough the first time as you discover the key referenced, so if the message exists, and you find the key, which could be F2, F11, or even F12, restart and try again). If not, try to reboot the machine, and as soon as it starts rebooting, enter into the advanced options menu by button-mashing F8. Once there, you will notice three safe mode options on the top. What we want to try is "Repair Your Computer". Once in there, it may ask for your Windows installation (there should only be one option), and then it will give you various options, including Startup Recovery, CMD, Recovery Console, et all... We want "System Recovery", and not "System Restore". If that option exists, that fantastic! You have a recovery partition! If not, it's time to find, borrow, or buy a Windows disk, because you're SOL.

There's no repairing anything at this point, because as you've mentioned up top, you've already initiated the Vista install process, probably wiping your hard drive clean (if it's a recovery disk, then it requires a format).

Best of luck, and update me here!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-windows-vista-system-restore-fail-640695.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello,

I have the same issue as this gentleman here Windows update fails error 80070490

Vista x86 SP2 Home premium ACER ASPIRE licencse with no CD (Tried OEM CD but only option was to reinstall windowsOS)
Error 80070490 (Windows Update)
I have tried the Microsoft Fix it tool with no success
I have tried reset the update components with no success
Update Readiness tool results successfull.

Please help
Much appreciated,

A:Windows Vista x82 Home Premium Update Fail

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions - Windows 7 Help Forums - they were written for Win7, but are identical for Vista.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/299864-windows-vista-x82-home-premium-update-fail.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I am using a HP Compaq presario V TU on VISTA Home Basic bit for like years now and internet works fine I have used wireless dialup broadband LAN cable network and everything worked fine Up until a Adapters FAIL! given Screencaps 31 - Code Vista Network month ago i had a power outage and when i restarted i am not able to use internet AT ALL I cant search any wireless networks It doesnt connect to my USB broadband and LAN cable network isnt recognized I realized this gradually At the device manager all the thingy under ther Network Adapters show the yellow following exclamation marks Uploaded with ImageShack us and each of it shows in its properties says it has an Code error Uploaded with ImageShack us and IPCONFIG on commandprompt shows Uploaded with ImageShack us I have tried online researches and many turn out a dead end Others with the same problem as mine failed in reinstalling drivers and most of the forums on it just die in time Please help im a university student and it sucks to leach on another dudes com PS i am slow with the computer so a step by step guide would be helpfull THANK YOU FOR LISTENING nbsp

A:Vista Network Adapters FAIL! Code 31 - Screencaps given

From your laptop manufacturer's web site download the drivers for your ethernet controller and the wireless adapter, copy them to your computer using CD or USB flash drive or other removable media and try to install them.

I doubt this will work because the power outage/surge probably took out a part of the motherboard. If you can borrow a USB wireless or ethernet adapter try that, but I have little hope for that either.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-network-adapters-fail-code-31-screencaps-given.948975/
Relevancy 43.86%

Problem: a whole bunch of updates fail to install (see screen printouts: http://www.techsupportforum.com/attachments/windows-vista-support/22531d1201173674-windows-vista-updates-fail-failed-updates.jpg and http://www.techsupportforum.com/atta...-updates2.jpg; you can add to the list the following: "Windows6.0-KB930857-x86").

I have Windows Vista Home Premium. I doubt there is any malware or virus as it's a fresh Vista install and I even ran a SpyEraser scan and a BitDefender Anti-Virus scane which returned nothing wrong.

I thought I found a fix suggesting to enter the following command in "cmd": "reg delete HKLM\Components /v AdvancedInstallersNeedResolving" but windows says it can't find "AdvancedInstallersNeedResolving".

Thanks in advance.

A:[SOLVED] Windows Vista updates fail to install

Hi Tony

You've several threads with installation problems .. if these are all for the same PC, and it is as new as it sounds, running the Recovery Disks might be your most time-effecient method of fixing things.

For specific Windows Update errors, look in EventViewer & let us know what error code was generated -- the repairs vary depending on the error.

For a quick-fix try, however, you can try refreshing your Windows Update Agent --- http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=29407

That article contains the complete details, along with links to download the tools directly from Microsoft.

Best of luck
. . . Gary

PS .. never heard of SpyEraser ... seems to have garnered a fair number of lousy reviews, too. Might not be on the "rogue" software list yet, but I'll bet it ends up there. False positives, misses real threats, and then screws up the Registry --- http://www.security.ithub.com/articl.../200487_1.aspx --- I think it's possible you've been scammed. The safest path is likely a Nuke and Pave - just start over.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-windows-vista-updates-fail-to-install-215016.html