Windows Support Forum

Installing Win 7 on a replacement-for-faulty laptop

Q: Installing Win 7 on a replacement-for-faulty laptop

Hi everyone,

I've had a search through the posts on the forum, and haven't really come up with anything to answer my question. I do apologise if I have missed it though!

Basically, I have installed Win 7 Prof Upgrade (from XP) on my MacBook via Bootcamp. However, this MacBook has developed a fault and is being replaced by Apple, who are sending me a new laptop.

My question: will I be able to reinstall the Win 7 upgrade (once XP is installed again of course) on my new laptop?

I'd appreciate any help or advice, many thanks in advance!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Installing Win 7 on a replacement-for-faulty laptop

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Installing Win 7 on a replacement-for-faulty laptop

Quote: Originally Posted by marvelman

Hi everyone,

I've had a search through the posts on the forum, and haven't really come up with anything to answer my question. I do apologise if I have missed it though!

Basically, I have installed Win 7 Prof Upgrade (from XP) on my MacBook via Bootcamp. However, this MacBook has developed a fault and is being replaced by Apple, who are sending me a new laptop.

My question: will I be able to reinstall the Win 7 upgrade (once XP is installed again of course) on my new laptop?

I'd appreciate any help or advice, many thanks in advance!

Probably it's possible, if it's not a OEM version. I have r?install Windows 7 on a new HDD and I was able to reactivate with Winupdate.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/155168-installing-win-7-replacement-faulty-laptop.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi all I know this has been posted on here many times i have a qosmio x - and the gfx card has overheated and needs a reball no one wants to do it and ebay reballers cant give any garantee as mxm b is fairly new to them and they have never reballed one before Its a gtx m what i was wandering is if i can downgrade the - nVidia GTX 560m Qosmio - question replacement faulty X770-107 gfx card as im finding it hard to find a gtx m for less that and its not worth paying Qosmio X770-107 - nVidia GTX 560m faulty - replacement question out that much i can get a gtx mxm b from alienware and reading on here says the bios is not compatable or issues there is also a quadro m m or a gt m mxm a it seems as no one seems to have replaced these cards only someone tried to put a gtx m which is different chipset and newer tech any help would be appreciated even if its a qosmio x whould the gfx card work from that think they had a max of a gtx m in them thanks in advance simon

A:Qosmio X770-107 - nVidia GTX 560m faulty - replacement question

I?m afraid another and different GPU will not work properly.
From my experience the BIOS will not handle such new device properly.

Of course this is just an assumption because I never tried such GPU replacement.
But according to different suggestion from people who tried to replace the notebook?s GPU, mostly its an compatibility problem between the GPU and motherboard/BIOS.

Therefore in case of GPU problems, it?s not worth to replace only the GPU because the costs are immense.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?81526-Qosmio-X770-107-nVidia-GTX-560m-faulty-replacement-question
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi

I have been trying to install Windows 7 onto an Asus X5DIJ with Ubuntu installed on it. The Ubuntu install was on the laptop when I got it but won't get passed the login screen. My only other computer is an HP Mini Netbook which I used to make bootable USB. The USB is a brand new 32gb SanDisk Cruzer Extreme 3.0 and I used the Windows USB Installer tool to make a bootable version of Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit from a legal iso downloaded from heidoc.net. I've set the BIOS to boot from Removable Disk but whenever I start the laptop up it just goes ahead with the faulty Ubuntu boot. I checked the POST and the usb is showing there and the light on the usb blinks at startup. Any ideas?

Thanks

A:Installing Windows 7 over Faulty Ubuntu Install

Hi,

Can you double-check to see that the bootable USB drive is inserted into a USB2.0 port, not a USB3.0 port?

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/289144-installing-windows-7-over-faulty-ubuntu-install.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a Benq 8000 that is as dead as a dodo.
The external power supply is fine, and testing pickups for the battery suggests there is power there, but otherwise it's dead.
I have swapped part between it and my old Sony Vaio laptop, well at least parts that are compatible, and everything seems to be working. Clearly I can't swap the mainboard and this has led me to suspect a faulty mainboard.
Trouble is I can't identify it to find a replacement. The middle of the board has the following information:

DA0PM1MB8D1 REV

and on the back

TPT MV-0
94V-0E88441

But I can't find this with a google search or a reference to what the BENQ Joybook 8000 mainboard might be.

Anyone have any ideas?

Relevancy 50.31%

Hi guys I have a philips freevents laptop x model It comes with a i core duo processor My Laptop faulty gb ram gig hdd and shared memory intel display adapter My problem started a couple My faulty Laptop of weeks back when i installed MSDN version of Vista ultimate on it day tial I shut down the system My faulty Laptop it was a proper shut down but my laptop wouldnt start next morning Completely dead and none of the keys would work except for the battery charging indicator when connected to the power My faulty Laptop supply I gave it to a local computer shop who fixed it in abot days at a cost of quid But guess what i bring home the comouter and it was working perfectly fine and then i shut down and the process repeated again The service engineer at the shop says he replace a few quot resistors amp capacitors quot which i kinda find hard to believe being a electronics engineer myself albeit a really really bad one and he says the problem was caused by rapid temperature change Well i returned back my comp to the same guy to fix it again and he is supposed to return it back to me again today im wondering what to do next bring home and try another session on Vista or revert back to XP Im not sure if this issue is caused by vista or some kinda fault in my hardware I would like you guys to keep in mind that like most other computer geeks my average session on the comp last atleast to hours Suggestion and input on this matter is highly appreciated Tell me what to do guys yat nbsp

A:My faulty Laptop

I share your doubts about the "resistors and capacitors".

With amost all components being surface mount, bery little on the motherboard is "serviceable" to that extent.

But if it is new, why are you paying for service? Revert to XP and if it still persists send it back under warranty. And don't use cracked software.

Defeating the activation is a breach of the forum rules, so expect the post to be closed at any stage.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-faulty-laptop.569882/
Relevancy 49.88%

Using a Sony Vaio Laptop, VGN-FE series, running on Windows XP Media Center w/ SP2

I joined to get a little hardware help..
About half the time I use my keyboard, the 'a', 's', 'k', 'b', '.', and '/' key wont operate.

They're not sticking, they just refuse to work. The only thing I can rationalize is a conducting issue, but like I said before: they only work about half the time. Im sure the keyboard doesn't just choose to conduct at times and stop at others.

Relevancy 49.88%

Hello I am trying to repair a DC Power jack on a toshiba satellite The computer will not take a charge at all even from a new power cord If you wiggle the cord enough my sister says the charge light comes on very briefly once in awhile I have not seen this happen I do notice that the large center pin in the center of the DC Jack is slightly loose and wiggles back and forth Possible from the cord being tripped over I would assume that the pin should be solid and stationary in he Jack I have already disassembled the laptop down to having the motherboard on my desk with full access to the DC Jack What Jack on laptop DC Faulty I would like to ask is whether the solder joints look OK My soldering skills are amateur at best All the solder joints for the DC Jack are yellowish brown I m not sure if this is ok Posted is a picture I d appreciate any feedback i can get as to whether the whole jack should be replaced just resolder some joints or anything else you can tell me Also anyone know a really good soldering tutorial online Thanks alot in advance for the help Faulty DC Jack on laptop nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Using a Sony Vaio Laptop, VGN-FE series, running on Windows XP Media Center w/ SP2

I joined to get a little hardware help..
About half the time I use my keyboard, the 'a', 's', 'k', 'b', '.', and '/' key wont operate.

They're not sticking, they just refuse to work. The only thing I can rationalize is a conducting issue, but like I said before: they only work about half the time. Im sure the keyboard doesn't just choose to conduct at times and stop at others.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptops-faulty-keyboard.719003/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hiya,

I have a laptop that the display isn't working. You turn it on and the backlight comes on (at least the screen seems to light up a little) but there is no picture. I've taken it apart and there are no loose connections anywhere. I haven't got anything I can test it with so is there anyway I can check to see if it needs a new LCD/inverter/cables?

Kind regards

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-laptop-display.1017601/
Relevancy 49.88%

My shift 9 and shift 0 are faulty.Shift plus other keys are fineCan you please help me.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Keys-of-the-laptop-are-faulty/td-p/5763677
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all, I have just picked up a faulty fujitsu laptop. Amilo Li. model number ms2228
It appently was vista but someone had put windows 7 on it ... so they tell me.
they said it jsut went off one day but think they are telling porkies. anyway....

booted up to just the fujisu screen then went black screen with flashing curser top left of the screen.
I thought it was just the os needed reinstalling. I have tried to reinstall windows 7. the install starts ok & gets as far as 75% or thereabouts. but when it needs to reboot while installing the files, the reboot just starts right back at the beginning. so it seems that whenever i try to boot there is no continuation.
hope i have explained this ok. any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

Relevancy 49.45%

This is what happens After a few hours of operation svchost exe crashes Doesn't matter what I'm doing Gaming surfing you name it Faulting module svchost exe version faulting module unknown version faulty address x A few seconds will pass as I accept and my theme will change from the start blue one to the old grey one in a few seconds and then reset to the standard XP one Here's what I know so far When this happens crashes it takes faulty randomly, Svchost.exe no address, faulty module crashes no Windows Audio and a few other services with it which I have to start again using Run services msc I know which instance contains the Windows Audio Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module service so the problem is Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module most likely with one of the services hosted within that particular instance of Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module svchost I'm a bit lost though I don't know what to do because it doesn't give me an address it doesn't tell me which service is messing up so I need some help I have the windows error log and a decent recollection of what has happened since that error started I got a new X-fi sound card a Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal ty Champion The errors coincide with me installing that card but I can't see how that would mess up like this though http img imageshack us my php image errorspx jpg I don't know if I'm totally off the mark here but is it fair to assume that it is only ONE instance of svchost crashing The screenshot above shows the svchost hosting the services that go down after the crash I have a saved version of the program error log Right click on This Computer administrate System tools Log Program I have searched far and wide on the internet and tried all kinds of solutions Others have had this problem and it has been linked with the quot Automatic Updates quot service but that did nothing for me whether deleted the whole Windows Update service and re-registered the DLLs in short even though I replaced the Windows Update service and everything related to it with fresh copies generated by Windows itself Another related problem I found was the same message and the same symptom svchost crashing some time after a bootup There was a hotfix for this but I'm already using Windows XP Pro with Service Pack which contains this update and others addressing such issues And I have zero malware on this computer Am I looking at a faulty product here Damaged ram Lastly I have a copy of my error log containing about months before this error started http www megaupload com d DVZTRVWR Any help appreciated I'm going mad just from not knowing where exactly the problem lies

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/svchost-exe-crashes-randomly-no-faulty-address-no-faulty-module-370951.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all,

My laptop has had a 'wobbly' power socket in the back, which has finally given up altogether. I took it to a repair shop who had it for two days and when I got it back they said I would have to keep it plugged in all the time, I couldn't take the cable out as it would happen again. So I have kept it plugged in but its gone again. My hubby opened it up and found out they had just soldered the power connector back in, and it had just weakened and fell off.

So now hubby thinks I have to buy a new motherboard and PSU, is this right or is it something I can get fixed?

Thanks guys,
Tess

Relevancy 49.02%

I have an old XPS Gen laptop with a Go Ultra video card that is failing with memory errors The card needs to be replaced because it either shows a black screen or lots of artifacts when I boot up into Windows The system will display fine when I boot to safe mode Laptop Video Faulty Card This means that it must be able to support some low Faulty Laptop Video Card level activity Faulty Laptop Video Card OK To get the laptop usable I ve disabled the video card and I can now use it as a word processor browser etc However it is very slow to refresh the screen in this mode I think I need to change the refresh rate Is there any simple driver that I can use for this If I re-enable the device it straight away starts to load the NVidia drivers when I restart and I can t stop it As I recall it used to be possible to use a different driver but I don t know how this is done Any help would be great Thanks nbsp

A:Faulty Laptop Video Card

The low level functions of the video card use a vga vesa driver
that does not activate the hardware accelleration.
The problems you ar e having when the driver loads indicates
bad hardware and not a driver problem.
Being as it is a 6800 go card,it is probably replacable.
It would need to be replaced with the exact same type of card,
but not necessarily the same model.
If you want to try a newer driver,you would need to uninstall the old
one from start/control panel/add remove programs.
Download a driver here.
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-laptop-video-card.780794/
Relevancy 49.02%

My mother-in-law has a laptop that's needing reimaged, which is okay, can do but the screen is broken, only the left hand side of the screen is working. She's been running an external monitor via VGA for the past few months so it's just the screen that's cracked not a faulty graphics card.

Question is, will the external display still work if I reimage the laptop at all or will I have to use the half dead screen to reimage it until I get the graphics drivers reinstalled?

A:Re-image laptop with faulty screen??

Any laptop will work with an external monitor. Drivers won't be an issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/re-image-laptop-with-faulty-screen.997410/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi All, I purchased Acer Aspire V 2 years ago in extended warranty (3 years) from Dicksmith, the laptop had issues that it will switch off automatically on battery after evey 4-5 hours (a bit random) plus the keys of keyboard have comeoff and not working properly. since Discksmith doesnt exists, what options do I have for replacement of the laptop.RegardsZahid

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Dicksmith-warranty-for-faulty-laptop/td-p/435734/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 49.02%

So someone I know had me look at a laptop of theirs, an ASUS X54C laptop, which has 2 GB of non-removable RAM built into the motherboard. I used memtest86+ to check it and it immediately came back with all sorts of errors.

From the outside (minus the cover for access to the HD and RAM slots) there does not appear to be any additional RAM installed at all (the slots are empty). So I was wondering, by chance, if you add RAM into one of these slots, does the motherboard stop using the on-board RAM and switch over to the stuff you put into the slot, or does it use both the on-board and "off-board" RAM side by side?

Relevancy 49.02%

Sorry card? Solved: Faulty graphics Or motherboard? faulty that this is quite long but I want to give complete details as to the problem rather than just giving a vague problem Nvidia GT card has been overclocked for the last year Original Stable OC Before Solved: Faulty graphics card? Or faulty motherboard? you panic Solved: Faulty graphics card? Or faulty motherboard? it s been stable and temps have been fine lt My motherboard is a Asus P N-E SLI board The computer is dual boot to Vista for general use and XP x for games ONLY XP IS OVERCLOCKED Vista is not overclocked at all Only the GPU is overclocked in the computer Now the problems started when I moved the computer All the games on x crashed unless I underclocked the machine except UT ancient game which garbled the graphics weapon textures on walls etc I found out it was because somehow the card wasn t plugged in properly - so I pushed it back and I was able to play again Since then sometimes the card is alright and other times it isn t The other day I was playing fallout graphics intensive game for around hours without any problems But right now I boot to vista and within a minute it crashes Other times I was programming not even using graphics and the mouse suddenly has a flickering box around it - then the computer crashes When it crashes the screen goes weird colours like its rendered the screen as bit colours rather than bit and shortly after I get a blue screen with it complaining about a graphics DLL At first giving the card a wiggle in the PCI-E slot fixed it Now I ve discovered that when the garbled graphics come up if I physically push the card upwards in the PCI-E slot whilst the PC is still on they go away by this time the computer has crashed amp so I have to reboot anyway It s nothing to do with the drivers I ve reinstalled them on XP and besides the problem happens on both of the OS on the computer Vista seems to be considerably worse though - XP only crashes once in a while whereas Vista seems to be more unstable If you push the card up quickly sometimes Vista quot recovers quot It says quot the display ddriver stopped responding and has recovered quot or something like that You can then use the computer normally If I push the card down when the computer is working fine the computer crashes Any suggestions whether it s the card or the motherboard I removed the card blew dust off it etc put it back into the machine and the problem still happens although it initially solved it I don t want to spend on a new card to find that it s the MB that s the problem I m wondering if the card is fine since it doesn t have an issue with hours of gaming on a good day If it s a lose connection what can I do about it it s fully pushed into the motherboard If you ve read this far thanks nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

I believe drivers? faulty BSOD 116 card or graphics faulty the initial crash was caused by overheating Based on the fact that I have gotten it to work for a short amount of time more on that later Booting up with the drivers for my graphics card enabled causes BSOD to appear but when it is disabled everything is fine I can boot into safe mode and I have already reinstalled windows My motherboard is Asus B M-e and my graphics card is Nvidia EV A GTX How I got it to work for a short amount of time I reinstalled windows and then installed my integrated Ethernet driver After that was out of the way I installed and used driver booster to install the rest of my drivers I then noticed there was a missing driver that the program could not install that was named Simple PCI Controller So I thought I should install that driver using my motherboard's driver installation disk It then worked up until I decided to change the settings in Nvidia Control panel I also do not know how faulty graphics cards behave so it might be my graphics card The game I was playing when this started was Life is Strange if that is needed

A:BSOD 116 faulty graphics card or faulty drivers?

Sorry thought I uploaded this but apparently not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/398657-bsod-116-faulty-graphics-card-faulty-drivers.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,
I recently bought a new, 3rd party power cord for my Toshiba Satellite L300 from eBay.
Recently I've noticed that my battery stops charging earlier and earlier. At first it stopped at 87%, then 83%, then 80% all in one week. I've had the computer for about a year which seems a bit early for it to start degrading so fast, so could it be the power cord?

The Toshiba cord says Model: PA-1750-29, Input: 100-240V~ 50-60Hz 1.5A, Output: 19V[solid line above a dotted line]3.95A
The 3rd party cord says Model: PA-34671ACA, Input: 100-240V~1.5A 50/60Hz, Output: 19V[solid over dotted]3.95A

If the new cord is harmful to my battery, I can just solder its input plug onto the Toshiba charger (that's the only bit that was broken) but I'd rather not risk breaking two power cords if I don't need to.

---------------------------------------
Thanks,
Marlon

Relevancy 49.02%

hi,

I have a lenovo 500 yoga (actually its my dads) - I don't know the history of the machine but my dad reckons it had win 10 on it.
Anyway the hard drive crashed - and broke so I put him a new one in. Looked on the lenovo web site with the s/n of the laptop and it seems this pc came with with win 8 64 bit. I tried installing via usb but it asks for a product key - which I don't have.
I done a couple of these before and not been asked for the key. a bit of googling suggests maybe Im trying to install the wrong version (i dowloaded win 8 64 bit)
I wonder if I should try win 10 64 bit as this what was what my dad reckoned was on it ?
emailed lenovo - but no expecting much help .....totally baffled ? - any ideas ?

A:license key when installing AFTER HDD replacement

It doesn't matter if you install 64 or 32 bit. If 10 was activated either will activate. It does have to be the correct type - Home or Pro though - whatever was on there before. What version of Windows 8 did you have? If it was 8 Pro you need to install 10 Pro, else install 10 Home.

When I clean install windows 10 I have to click on "I don't have a product key" and then it is activated automatically from the digital entitlement so you can try that and see if it is activated after installation is complete.

If in doubt just try installing home first, say you don't have a product key, complete installation and connect to internet. Check activation in Settings > Update & Security > Activation. If activation failed then try installing 10 Pro.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/62592-license-key-when-installing-after-hdd-replacement.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Scenario:

I bought a replacement laptop battery for my Sony Vaio VGNFW140E running windows Vista. The instructions state that I have to update the BIOS in order for this new battery to be compatible, but the stipulation is the original battery must be charged to at least 30%---the original battery does not hold a charge for even 1 second (hence why I bought a new one).

Question:

Am I out of luck? Is there a way to update the BIOS with the CD they provided even if my old battery will not hold a charge??

All help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you in advance!

A:Installing New Replacement Battery HELP

Do you have a link to where you bought it ?

Can you include the instructions in your next post ?

I've heard of this being necessary for Windows 7 but not for Vista.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-new-replacement-battery-help.982591/
Relevancy 48.59%

I currently have a XPS 12-9Q33 laptop that is not charging. The light at the end of the power adapter is no longer lighting up so it appears to be faulty. I've called Dell to purchase a new adapter but was told that they no longer sell replacements for them and was recommended to buy an adapter from a 3rd party source.
I purchased a replacement with the same voltage and amperage that is supposed to work on a XPS 12. The laptop now powers on but will not charge. The BIOS states that the adapter is unknown and will not allow it to charge.
What can I do now? I find it really frustrating that I cannot get a direct replacement from Dell themselves so I'm stuck with a laptop that is not portable at all since the battery is at 0%

A:XPS 12 Power Adapter Faulty. Cannot charge laptop.

Third party adapters usually do not have required logic circuit to complete the batter charging loop.  It's easy to find genuine, OEM Dell adapters:
www.parts-people.com/index.php

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19987856
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey guys this is quite a long story but I would be very frateful for any help you could give I bought a faulty laptop off my friend assuming that it just needed a fresh Faulty XP greatly Any And help Laptop - - appreciated Vista install off Vista I installed Vista Faulty Laptop - Vista And XP - Any help greatly appreciated and now on bootup i get the error saying a file is missing the file is usually quot winload exe quot but can sometimes be other files which I cant remember the name of Some times Vitsa will load Faulty Laptop - Vista And XP - Any help greatly appreciated up fine and the laptop would be perfect but percent of the time i got this error whichis really boggling me I then tried to do a fresh install of XP during the install I get a blue error screen saying there is something wrong with my hardware and to run fdisk on my hard drive I couldnt do this due to not being able to boot up so I bought a fresh new hard drive trying to fix the problem I installed this HD and started the XP installation again I am still getting the error message and I am stumped on what to try next Does anyone have any ideas or pointers they would be greatly appreciated thank you nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Hey all The Issue I Have recently purchased a laptop with windows XP preinstalled high-grade drive Faulty DVD on laptop on it has COA key and eveything seemed to be working until i updated the Webcam drivers Suddenly the laptop stopped working and kept getting a BSOD so i re-installed XP and re-instlled the drivers for the laptop but now the DVD drive doesn t work properly When i insert a DVD film into the drive the film will play using Power Cyberlink DVD player but if i try to open the DVD from quot My Computer quot the disc appears to be blank This also happend with DVD Faulty DVD drive on high-grade laptop s where i have backed up data etc Also eveytime i start the laptop up it keeps trying to install two quot Base System Device quot I have tried allowing the laptop to install these devices but each time it tells me the device quot was not installed correctly quot I am confused as to why this is and was just wondering if i had installed the correct drivers for the laptop or not or if perhaps my DVD drive is on t its way out Laptop Specs Hi-Grade Notebook Pentium INtel T Dual Core Gb RAM Gb HDD Windows XP PRO Faulty DVD drive on high-grade laptop SP Model No W S I do have a genuine copy of Windows Home Premium with a COA but im reluctant to install this without a fully working DVD Drive thanks in advance James nbsp

A:Faulty DVD drive on high-grade laptop

I can't find W76S on Hi-Grade's site, so I don't know what extras the laptop has. And their FTP server for driver download appears to be offline. Do you still have the CD/DVD w/ device drivers that came with the laptop? Perhaps try reinstalling the drivers for the webcam, card-reader, etc. from that disc.

The other option is take a look at Device Manager. Look at the properties for those w/ exclamation marks. There should be a Details tab. Select Hardware Ids under Property, and you should get couple things in the Value box. Hopefully, the 1st one will help you identify the make and from there, the right driver. If not, try using the 2nd value.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-dvd-drive-on-high-grade-laptop.168437/
Relevancy 48.59%

I got a new laptop recently (this past Sunday) and ever since I turned it on I've had horrible issues with WiFi. It's tothe point where I'm ready to return it to the store and just go without a computer. Keep in mind I'm not very tech savvy, so I might not know what you're talking about.

It's very slow and won't stay connected to the internet. 4/5 times it doesn't load the web page I'm trying to load and after about 5 minutes after powering on it disconnects from my Wi-Fi and refuses to reconnect. The troubleshooter says it's a router issue but resetting the router doesn't do anything at all and no other device in the house is having any issues. I haven't downloaded ANYTHING to it yet. In addition, when it /does/ connect to my Wi-Fi, trying to open any web page brings me to a "you are not connected to the internet" notice.

I have no idea what to do. I need a computer for work but I'm so sick of having problems with them.

A:Brand new laptop; faulty wifi process?

Set up the laptop next to the router where the signal should be strongest. Are you sure that you are connecting to your own wi fi network and router? When you switch on the laptop it will search for in range networks and when you spot your own you are asked to give the password before you can use the internet for the first time. If that's not happening maybe its logging you on to a neighbouring unsecured network (no password set) where the signal is weak. If I click on the wireless icon bottom right in my taskbar it brings up a choice of available networks. My icon looks like a set of steps and so the icon shows how strong the signal is. Check that you are connecting to your own router and see how strong the signal is. You mention other devices that work OK but haven't given any details.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brand-new-laptop-faulty-wifi-process.207589/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop which I have just discovered has a faulty battery, and although it is plugged into a power socket, won't start up. Any thoughts on how I can get around this?

A:Starting Dell laptop when battery faulty

Remove the battery...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/starting-dell-laptop-when-battery-faulty.202880/
Relevancy 48.59%

From time to time I look on youtube to find ways to boost the performance of my Laptop and the tactics work temporarily and my Lapotop performance soon returns to its slow sluggish self I bought my Laptop brand new about yrs ago and have microsoft security essentials malwarebytes Mbar spybot as well as in the past other spyware malware protection but performance especially simple desktop tasks and applications run so slow and take time to respond before running I have even had OMG techhelp service for about half a year and they would remotely perform full tune-ups on my laptop that woudl take hours but to Laptop NIC card Very faulty performance/maybe slow no avail I also think my NIC card is faulty I initially thought I need a new router so I purchased a very good one but performance and transmission and throughput speeds are not that much better at Very slow Laptop performance/maybe faulty NIC card all I sometimes go to public places to use public wifi and my internet transmission is still awful and as slow as ever NEED HELP OUT OF IDEAS nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

My sister dropped my laptop and I am worried I may have a faulty hard drive.

Is there any good tool out there which can thoroughly check my Hard Drive for ANY error at all?

Thanks

A:Dropped my Laptop may have faulty Hard Drive

Use something like SeaTools to check condition of HDD, link to download here

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/148578-dropped-my-laptop-may-have-faulty-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello, everybody,

First thread. Hope it's in the right place. Want to install Win 7 HP 64-bit OS Full Version on pc using Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.*No longer need Ubuntu. It's OS partition uses the whole hard drive. Drive formatted. *Can I install Windows with this partition and formatting? Or do I have to start from scratch, erase the hard drive and use FDISK.EXE and FORMAT.COM before installing?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

A:Installing Win 7 as a replacement OS on a PC presently using Ubuntu

When you do the windows install, there is a step to select manual disk selection/preparation. Just do that and then you can delete the 2-3 linux partitions that may be on there (you may have a swap or other partition on there besides the main ext formatted partition). You can then, repartition and let windows continue install from there...

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/214351-installing-win-7-replacement-os-pc-presently-using-ubuntu.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I've just bought a replacement fan and heatsink combo for a gpu of mines, and I've realized I don't know what I could clean the previous heatsinks thermal paste/grease off with that wouldn't be terribly caustic to the chipset, there also seams to be a bit of paper or something on the chipset, any recommendations?
Here is the combo I was speaking of; http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=993564&CatId=498

Relevancy 48.16%

Two times in the last week my monitor (a KDS visual sensations CRT) has come on with the image looking like an hourglass (wide at the top and bottom, pinched in the center). This happened imediately upon boot up and both times rebooting has returned the monitor to normal, leaving the computer running does not bring the problem back. Which is more likely, that my monitor is beginning to fail or maybe my graphics card (a saphire, ATI radeon 7000) is failing? Is there some way (other than swaping my monitor out and trying another as this seems so far to be an intermitent problem and may not arise when a new monitor is conected) to check and see which it may be?

Relevancy 48.16%

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop and the audio input in front is damaged....you can sometimes get it to work but often it's impossible. How difficult is it to replace it? I also heard from someone that you might be able to do the sound through USB.....is that correct? What is my best option here?

Thanks!

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi folks I wanted to post the fact that Dell sold me a faulty laptop in July last and I had a complete nightmare gaining a refund nbsp I had to fight for over x Faulty Customer Feedback / Dell Service RE: Laptop days to have my money returned and in the end I requested my Credit Card provider to resolve the matter legally I was also lied to on many occasions by the staff Gian Vishka and Shahank who repeatedly RE: Faulty Dell Laptop / Customer Service Feedback promised me manager call-backs and also that the courier was en-route to collect the faulty item nbsp I was asked to please be patient to allow them to resolve the matter asap which RE: Faulty Dell Laptop / Customer Service Feedback I was and my gesture was completely throwm back in my face on multiple occasions nbsp I am still waiting for the Senior Manager call-back I was promised TEN DAYS ago although now the RE: Faulty Dell Laptop / Customer Service Feedback situation has gone to far for any kind of amicable resolution I shall NEVER purchase from Dell ever again as it is totally criminal of them to retain a customers money nbsp I have probably spent at least x hours on the phone before I managed to make any headway with the situation nbsp I have been a Dell loyal customer since and this would have been the third PC I purchased from them nbsp Therefore it is utterly abysmal for them to treat me or anyone like this I am considering posting a copy of the entire dialogue here as well as other computer forums sales-reviews online as it is quite unbelievable nbsp I only wish I had recorded the phone conversations Yes I was provided with some compensation which I do appreciate however it was the very least you could have done and I still feel that the members of staff involved should have been sacked on the spot for their repeated misconduct Thank you Paul David Seaman UK

A:RE: Faulty Dell Laptop / Customer Service Feedback

Moderators: Please feel free move this post to a more appropriate section of the forum should you see fit.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988749
Relevancy 48.16%

I m not sure whether to system restore or fight to try and issues Slow Faulty, laptop, Audio multiple fix my laptop but here are the problems that I am aware of - Recently the audio turns off randomly USUALLY Slow laptop, Audio Faulty, multiple issues it turns off if I turn up the volume on Slow laptop, Audio Faulty, multiple issues the computer - The laptop has been getting progressively slower over the years - Slow laptop, Audio Faulty, multiple issues The Icon Tray at the bottom near the clock is broken when I click the little arrow to expand it takes about seconds to load and then pops up as a huge white empty box It takes a good few minutes for the box to close if I click on another window and the whole computer freezes up during that time - When I go to quot Folder Options quot and then go to quot View quot the icon for quot Files and Folders quot is a black square and where quot Hidden files and folders quot is there is another black box next to that with the two options listed in caps lock quot NOHIDDEN quot and quot SHOWALL quot Both of which are un-ticked and cannot be ticked I can provide pictures for any of these claims if that helps I m not the best at articulation Over the years I ve tried various methods to fix problems that I just pick up from the internet when others get help I ve never actually sought help that applies directly to me Here are my FRST and Addition logs FRST Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Hero administrator on KAPPELLAJ - - Running from C Users admin Desktop Loaded Profiles Hero Available Profiles Hero amp Administrator Platform Windows Enterprise Service Pack X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved AuthenTec Inc C Program Files Fingerprint Sensor ATService exe Softex Inc C Program Files Softex OmniPass OmniServ exe Wacom Technology Corp C Program Files Tablet ISD ISD TouchService exe Wacom Technology Inc C Program Files Tablet CalibrationAssistant exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wlanext exe Apple Inc C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Broadcom Corporation C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btwdins exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Skype Toolbars AutoUpdate SkypeC CAutoUpdateSvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Skype Toolbars PNRSvc SkypeC CPNRSvc exe Intel R Corporation C Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exe FUJITSU LIMITED C Program Files Fujitsu FUJ E FUJ E exe O Micro International C Windows System drivers o flash exe C Program Files x Razer Razer Services GSS GameScannerService exe Intel R Corporation C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exe Wacom Technology Corp C Program Files Tablet ISD ISD Tablet exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVCM EXE Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wisptis exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel R Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel R Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wisptis exe Wacom Technology Corp C Program Files Tablet ISD ISD TabletUser exe Wacom Technology Corp C Program Files Tablet ISD ISD Tablet exe FUJITSU LIMITED C Program Files Fujitsu SSUtility FJSSDMN exe C Windows snuvcdsm exe Sonix C Windows vsnp uvc exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxpers exe Softex Inc C Program Files Softex OmniPass scureapp exe FUJITSU LIMITED C Program Files F... Read more

A:Slow laptop, Audio Faulty, multiple issues

==================== One Month Created files and folders ========

(If an entry is included in the fixlist, the file/folder will be moved.)

2015-08-28 21:23 - 2015-08-28 21:24 - 00025617 _____ C:\Users\admin\Desktop\FRST.txt
2015-08-28 21:22 - 2015-08-28 21:23 - 00000000 ____D C:\FRST
2015-08-28 21:21 - 2015-08-28 21:21 - 02186752 _____ (Farbar) C:\Users\admin\Desktop\FRST64.exe
2015-08-28 18:52 - 2015-08-28 18:52 - 00001945 _____ C:\Windows\epplauncher.mif
2015-08-28 18:46 - 2015-08-28 18:46 - 00002123 _____ C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Security Essentials.lnk
2015-08-28 18:45 - 2015-08-28 18:46 - 00000000 ____D C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client
2015-08-28 18:45 - 2015-08-28 18:45 - 00000000 ____D C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Security Client
2015-08-24 12:51 - 2015-08-24 12:51 - 00000000 ____D C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\com.playsaurus.heroclicker
2015-08-24 12:49 - 2015-08-24 12:49 - 00000222 _____ C:\Users\admin\Desktop\Clicker Heroes.url
2015-08-24 12:49 - 2015-08-24 12:49 - 00000000 ____D C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Steam
2015-08-24 12:45 - 2015-08-24 12:45 - 00000000 ____D C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Steam
2015-08-24 12:45 - 2015-08-24 12:45 - 00000000 ____D C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\CEF
2015-08-24 12:39 - 2015-08-24 15:39 - 00000000 ____D C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam
2015-08-24 12:39 - 2015-08-24 12:39 - 00000973 _____ C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Steam.lnk
2015-08-24 12:39 - 2015-08-24 12:39 - 00000000 ____D C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Steam
2015-08-20 07:54 - 2015-08-11 02:20 - 25191936 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\mshtml.dll
2015-08-20 07:54 - 2015-08-11 02:14 - 02724864 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\mshtml.tlb
2015-08-20 07:54 - 2015-08-11 01:33 - 02724864 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mshtml.tlb
2015-08-20 07:54 - 2015-08-11 01:20 - 19871232 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mshtml.dll
2015-08-12 03:05 - 2015-07-30 14:13 - 00124624 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\PresentationCFFRasterizerNative_v0300.dll
2015-08-12 03:05 - 2015-07-30 14:13 - 00103120 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\SysWOW64\PresentationCFFRasterizerNative_v0300.dll
2015-08-11 21:32 - 2015-07-21 01:39 - 00389840 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\iedkcs32.dll
2015-08-11 21:32 - 2015-07-21 01:12 - 00342736 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\SysWOW64\iedkcs32.dll
2015-08-11 21:32 - 2015-07-16 21:54 - 00004096 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\ieetwcollectorres.dll
2015-08-11 21:32 - 2015-07-16 21:37 - 00066560 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\iesetup.dll
2015-08-11 21:32 - 2015-07-16 21:36 - 00584192 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\vbscript.dll
2015-08-11 21:32 - 2015-07-16 21:36 - 00417792 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\html.iec
2015-08-11 21:32 - 2015-07-16 21:36 - 00048640 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\ieetwproxystub.dll
2015-08-11 21:32 - 2015-07-16 21:35 - 02885632 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\iertutil.dll
2015-08-11 21:32 - 2015-07-16 21:35 - 00088064 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\MshtmlDac.dll
2015-08-11 21:32 - 2015-07-16 21:27 - 00054784 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\jsproxy.dll
2015-08-11 21:32 - 2015-07-16 21:26 - 05923328 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\jscript9.dll
2015-08-11 21:32 - 2015-07-16 21:26 - 00034304 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\iernonce.dll
2015-08-11 21:32 - 2015-07-16 21:23 - 00615936 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\ieui.dll
2015-08-11 21:32 - 2015-07-16 21:21 - 00816640 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\jscript.dll
2015-08-11 21:32 - 2015-07-16 21:21 - 00814080 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\jscript9diag.dll
2015-08-11 21:32 - 2015-07-16 21:21 - 001... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-laptop-audio-faulty-multiple-issues.218655/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi First off I posted in here because my problem mainly had to do with Networking Driver issues before it went into Laptop Freezing Adapter Problems Wireless + (Faulty?) computer freezes and stuff like that so feel free to move this thread if I'm wrong One of my laptops has been facing a driver issue recently and it's driving me crazy it's the laptop I bring for education study purposes this one I'm using to post is a giant and not exactly portable - Alienware Malfunctioning Laptop specs Dell Inspiron Windows -bit GB RAM It all started when the wifi suddenly disappeared from my network center only to discover it having (Faulty?) Wireless Adapter Problems + Laptop Freezing problems in Device Manager exclamation mark After trying to disable and renable it to test it disappeared until several minutes later when it randomly shows itself and it was working for a while until the laptop suddenly decided to freeze on me No crash reports no error messages just couldn't move the mouse or use anything Restarting the laptop randomly brought it back on a few occasions but it would freeze nevertheless after a couple minutes of use System Restore didn't work and every time I tried to quot Scan for hardware changes quot in Device Manager to try and regain the default driver when one of my restarts didn't bring it back it froze over and over After uninstalling the wifi adapter through an external program - Driver Booster however the computer no longer froze and I could use it normally just without wifi which I need I tried installing the latest driver version from the Dell website in order to try and bring it back but it failed at first appearing to only install the Bluetooth suite before a few minutes later again it would randomly show up and bring back the same problems freezing Have I just been trying to fix a faulty wireless adapter card all this time

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/74065-faulty-wireless-adapter-problems-laptop-freezing.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I purchased a new Dell laptop from local computer shop in early May On the day of purchase it was noted by both myself and the store that the unit was slow powering up It was returned the following day with several difficulties which seemingly the store corrected The unit has been used for no more than an hour per day just syncing data from main PC From date of purchase rights Legal laptop - purchase Faulty comments? to the th July there have been periods when the unit was very sluggish but also times when it worked fine On the th July the start-up procedure taking to full desktop was Faulty laptop purchase - Legal rights comments? in excess of three minutes as well as that on closing down despite the screen going black the hard drive continued running and had to be forcibly stopped via holding down the On button This was repeated five times on the sixth attempt it functioned as it should Subsequently the unit was returned to the store on th July due The store tested the laptop and then it was returned to Faulty laptop purchase - Legal rights comments? Dell where it was supposedly repaired I received the unit back on the th July On receipt the unit was found to have exactly the same problem In excess of three minutes to desktop and the hard drive still running after shutdown The start-up and close down procedure Faulty laptop purchase - Legal rights comments? was repeated five times with the same scenario Coincidentally starting correctly at the seventh attempt The item is now back with the store with me stating that I do not want another attempted repair as the unit would seem to have had the problem from day I am to speak with the manager on Monday Comments please

A:Faulty laptop purchase - Legal rights comments?

You can check your rights to a replacement laptop or a refund from the Citizens Advice consumer help line found click here

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/faulty-laptop-purchase-legal-rights-comments-4598027/
Relevancy 47.73%

I started getting SMART errors on the second drive in the system (WD2000 200Gb) and decided to replace it. I now have a replacement WD3000 300Gb SATA drive. When I install that drive, the machine (Advent T9301) fails to boot - it stays on the Advent splash screen, and I do not seem to be able to get into the BIOS. If I leave power connected but disconnect the SATA cable then the machine boots. I am a little puzzled now, as I had expected it would be a simple swap out - what am I missing?

A:Problems installing replacement SATA drive

Hi

try removing the drive and then going into BIOS, once in see if it is still showing the old drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-installing-replacement-sata-drive.140883/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have just replaced the HDD in my Satellite A660 laptop and installed Windows 10 and it is up and running. I went to the Toshiba website to download the drivers but I note they are for Windows 8, 7, Vista and XP. Are they still okay to use with Windows 10?

There is quite a long list of drivers, do I need them all or are there more important ones?

I note that some of them are also just updates and I need the whole driver, not just the update.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

A:Satellite A660 - Installing Drivers after HDD Replacement

It is not easy to assist you if your notebook model is not supported for Win10 and you will not find them on Toshiba download page.
I don't have this notebook model and cannot help you directly. Let’s see if someone else with A660 has more experience with it.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?84245-Satellite-A660-Installing-Drivers-after-HDD-Replacement
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi
Please can anyone tell me if my keyboard is faulty or not ?
Symptoms is i start the laptop up fine and works web, office etc but then after a few mintues it goes haywire and the mouse goes really erractic fire over the screen and wont stay in one place its like its got the shakes, Any know what my fault is a friend said to me that happened with him and his was faulty keyboard. Anyone any suggestions please ?

A:Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop keyboard problem faulty or not?

Yes, I would say replace the keyboard too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-1525-laptop-keyboard-problem-faulty-or-not.167933/
Relevancy 47.3%

I purchased my inspiron 1720 about four years ago and just replaced the keyboard with part (nsk-d8001).  The keyboard looks identical to my old one except that it has what I assume to be a backlight ribbon sticking out from underneath. Where does this ribbon go? I don't see an obvious location for it and my old keyboard didn't have this ribbon. Can the inspiron 1720 support a backlit keyboard?
Thanks!

A:Installing backlit replacement keyboard on Inspiron 1720

I don't think that system ever had the option of a backlit keyboard, no.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19428944
Relevancy 45.15%

I hope this is the right forum. Does anyone know or know where I can find out what motherboards are interchangeable with the 900mhz HP Pavilion n5415 laptop? Or does it have to be an exact replacement?

A:Laptop MB Replacement

Exact replacement. Laptops are specific to each model in this regard.

Could be an uneconomic outcome for a laptop of that age?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-mb-replacement.387360/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a 5 year old laptop, hp dv6 2170 ep which has a i5 520m, i was wondering if I could make an upgrade to an i7. Both are socketed cpus but i'm not sure if bios could accept this upgrade. I have a i7 820qm in mind that i found in aliexpress for 65 dollars. Is this upgrade possible?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-CPU-replacement/td-p/5757902
Relevancy 45.15%

I am trying to find out how to determine if there is an alternative to this part (a000295340) for my L55t-B5278 Toshiba Laptop. Its the LCD lid/case/clamshell cover. The part # is for a silver covered lid. I don't care if the replacement is black I just need it to be compatible. I have no idea how to find out if there is an alternative to the silver or how to determine if its compatible.

Of course in a perfect world I would just go with the original silver but the only ones i can find are $140 (YIKES!).

A:Laptop LCD Lid Replacement HELP

Have a look in here...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&LH_BI...

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3129156/laptop-lcd-lid-replacement.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I use a Pavilion dm4-3050us for work in customers homes.I like it because it has a small screen, battery last 6 hours and it is very light &portable.I want to know what is the closes laptop to this presently in the line. Thank You

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Replacement-Laptop/td-p/5719858
Relevancy 45.15%

Seagate 320mb drive died so it needs to be replaced.  my original reciovery disks are for Windows 7 64 bit but I already upgraded to Windows 10 prior to the issue.  I purchaed a SSD (480mb) to replace this drive but I didn't know the exact process to replace and reload back to the original configuration (not converned about losing personal pictures as they were backed up prior to the crash. Can anyone expain to me how I adjust the BIOS to recognize the SSD and then reload using my recovery CDs?  I really didn't want to restore Windows 7 but I didn't make recovery disks after I upgraded to Windows 10. Appreciate anyone's help.

A:G42 Laptop HD Replacement

JKBlair You don't have to do anything special for the laptop to see the SSD -- just connect it in place of the HDD. Then, insert the first of the recovery disks into the DVD drive, close the drive door, and boot the PC. It should then present instructions for doing the restore. Since you are using recovery media, that should automatically reactivate Win7 one the restore is done and you connect again to the Internet. Good Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".========================================================================

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/G42-Laptop-HD-Replacement/td-p/5685702
Relevancy 45.15%

I would like to improve my Lenovo 3000 series storage capacity while keeping it fully mobile. Thus I'm
researching for a hasle free HD replacement. The choose of my election is Toshiba new HD MK7559GSXP.
The current HD is Toshiba MK1234GSX.
Both are of exactly external dimensions. The difference, to my humble knowledge is the INTERFACE:
The old one's ATA 7; the new one's ATA 8. Does it matters?

Can someone out there be of any help?

Thanks

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi everyone!

I have an Hp zv5000. The hard-drive needs to be replaced, however, I know NOTHING about a laptop HD so I am now asking for help. How do you shop for laptop hard drives? Are they all standard like a desktops? Do certain brands work with certain models? Are the hook-ups (Pin Count) the same? Thanks for your help!

--Daniel L

A:Laptop HD Replacement

laptop hard drives fit in a caddy. You will need to power down your laptop, and unscrew the the caddy from the case. gently remove the caddy with the HD on it. Some makers like Toshiba also have an adapter that plugs into the pins on a hd. IF so, gently remove it. You will need it later.

When shopping for HDs for a laptop, speed is important. Most HDs on laptops are unbearably slow. Get a 7200 speed or faster. you will need to specifically shop for a LAPTOP HDs. Note the Size of your HD. Generally they're 2.5 in physical size.

the next important consideration is capacity. Since few laptops allow more than 1 internal HD, get a big HD. You can later partition this drive into small partitions if need be.

Faster hard drives also improve battery life when using batteries. Since they read faster, they access less thereby using less juice. You won't notice much of an improvement, but there is a tad improvement. To really boost battery life and performance overall, add RAM instead.

Generally you shouldn't have any issues with 3rd party brands, just remember, you will need to connect the adapter (if any) and the tray onto your new hard drive before sliding the tray and re-screwing it back in.

Once you have completed this operation, format and install your OS and files as normal.

There are some laptop hard drive makers that have converter kits. You basically clone your OS and files to your new HD before installing the HD. You then can use your old HD as an external, spare drive. These are nifty and I have one.

Ensure when you slide the caddy with your new HD into the computer to do it gently and not to bend the pins. USE the adapter if it has one. If you don't it won't work and in the worse case sceario, you'll bend or break your pins on your new HD. very bad.

good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-hd-replacement.70311/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi

For those of you who work/have worked in tech shops or have had a similar situation, how much would it cost to have a replacement laptop screen installed.

I already have the replacement screen and just need it installed.

Thanks,
Kevin

A:Laptop LCD Replacement

If I remember correctly, about $350-400 including the screen itself.
So reckon about 100-150 for labour.
Get a good set of screwdrivers and DIY. It's not THAT hard!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-lcd-replacement.32665/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey guys,
My mom recently went away and I realized her laptop HD was failing (the msg would come up everytime you start the comp). Long story short I got a version of Windows 7 and burned it to a DVD+R BOOTABLE DVD. SO i COnnected her new Hard drive and there is nothing on it so I figured that a bootable windows 7 CD+R would help install the new copy of windows on the new hard drive. All it does it make some noises like its trying to run the DVD and then says please insert bootable disk once again. It is a bootable disk i thought? I used powerISO burned windows 7 to DVD+R disk but still will not install windows on the fresh HD. Help? I think? Idk what else to do.

A:HP laptop New HD Replacement HELP!

It would be best to get a machine specific disk to re-install Windows on that machine, if you call HP they can supply it for you. Sometimes for a nominal fee.

If the machine has a Windows serial number on a sticker on the underside you could use a standard Windows image, but you will have to search for your drivers from the HP website.

Make sure you are creating a disk with your ISO image, not copying the data to disk. They are very different functions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/611887/hp-laptop-new-hd-replacement-help/
Relevancy 45.15%

I got my problem identified as a bad CPU on my laptop but couldn't get help on how easy of a fix it will be. So I was suggested to start a thread here. I have never replaced the CPU on a laptop so I need to know what information somebody that can help will need to push me further on in my quest.

A:CPU replacement on a laptop

Hi there
While some things on a laptop are usually pretty easy to change -- for example swapping the HDD for an SSD , changing the keyboard (tricky but usually do-able) or adding more RAM - or even on an OLDER laptop changing the DVD device, I'd really leave this operation to a local repairer -- look in your equivalent of the ONLINE "Yellow pages" for these sorts of trades people. You would probably need to remove the motherboard which is a fairly NON TRIVIAL task on most laptops.

I've opened enough computers in my time -- and I've learned when to leave well alone - you might also need some specialized tools for this job too.

Note also just swapping the CPU for a faster one won't necessarily bring better results. Things like Internal Bus speed will limit the improvement - so just replacing an i5 with an i7 won't necessarily give you what you expect (apart from more heat and higher power consumption. - On almost ANY conceiveable laptop from a Netbook upwards the BEST performance you can get --always assuming there is sufficient RAM in the computer is to fit an SSD. !!)

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/327958-cpu-replacement-laptop.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi, I'm trying to replace a busted lcd screen for a Compaq Presario CQ60. It seems there are more than one possiblities for this part. Could someone point me in the right direction? Here are the specs I have so far.

Computer:
Compaq Presario CQ60
s/n 4CB927HKVW

Screen:
15.6 "
Model No. B156XW02 V.0

Connector bottom right
No webcam

Thanks

Relevancy 44.72%

On my taskbar I have a message saying that a replacement battery is needed. My computer is so very slow and I am curious if this is the reason for the slowness? I haveto use the computer with it plugged in at all times otherwise I will lose power within 8 minutes.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/hp-laptop-needs-a-replacement-battery.312299/
Relevancy 44.72%

How difficult or tricky is it to replace the harddrive and battery on a Gateway laptop? It looks as though the components should swap out fairly easily but are there problems I should look out for? This is a Gateway model 400VTX. Thank for any help!

Relevancy 44.72%

Is it easy to replace a motherboard in a pc

A:Motherboard replacement in my laptop

In a PC? Yes. In a Laptop? No, unless you have experience. Most times you would be stuck replacing it with an exact duplicate of what you have now. Cases may look the same but on closer look there are differences in the cases according to model, and the cases are pretty much designed to have a particular motherboard installed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-replacement-in-my-laptop.820492/
Relevancy 44.72%

I'm trying to work on solutions for a friend with a Toshiba A15 S127. The display has gone dark. I believe it is the backlight that has gone out since I can vaguely see the desktop when I shine a light on it and the funtion-f7 didn't make it brighter.

I have two concerns regarding purchasing a replacement display.

1) Is it relatively straight forward to replace. I have cracked the case on an old Thinkpad and a Mac laptop so I don't mind trying, I just want to understand the risks first.

2) Several online articles indicate that the inverter may also be the cause of this problem. Is the inverter part of the replacement display or part of the main casing internals? I hate to spend to much on a display only to find I have to spend more on an inverter or have I got this pattern backwards.

TIA

A:laptop display replacement

Could be either the inverter or the backlight, no easy way to tell except by replacement. That often means its cheaper to have it done in a shop, rather than buy both parts.

Grtting the laptop apart can be a problem unless you follow the disassembly instructions (if you can get them), but having it still work when reassembled is even more rare...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-display-replacement.725238/
Relevancy 44.72%

My old adapter has broken, it came with my laptop, my question is Can my replacement can I deviate in voltage/ amps from the one it game with (within reason, i'm not going to put 1000v of p.d though my laptop, just wondering if i can get an 18v one as apposed to a 20v one).

A:Laptop ac adapter replacement

If you buy a quality universal laptop power adapter, you should be okay.

------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-ac-adapter-replacement.944730/
Relevancy 44.72%

I need a new battery or charger for toshiba laptop A105-S2101. The battery is a PA3451U-1BRS and its a DC 14.4v 2000mah.

Well first off the battery wont hold or take a charge. Everytime I unplug it from the wall the laptop goes off too. The lights do come on the laptop showing that its charging.

2nd thing is does voltage matter on battery replacement? I cant find 14.4 replacement thats cheap. All ones I find 10.? volt with 4000-4400mah on ebay.

A:Laptop battery replacement

You need to use the same battery, and the same charger voltages. High capacity batteries usually have a higher mah figure, but I would replace them like for like.

Batteries are never cheap, and they do wear out - some faster than others, but eventually they all die and stop holding charge.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-battery-replacement.160084/
Relevancy 44.72%

I recently built myself an intel sp-15 uma barebone laptop which all went very well and I recommend it for anyone who has had experience building desktops. The problem is I cracked the led screen that came with it. I ordered a replacement screen from screencountry.com and they sent me a samsung as opposed to a chi mei, which should be compatible. The problem now is that there doesnt seem to be any power getting to the LED backlight. I tested it with the cracked screen as well, and its backlight didn't work either. There is a very faint image of whatever is on the screen, so the video card is working properly.

What should I do? Is there something i could fix? a place i could send it to that would cost less than $400 to fix? I'd prefer to fix it on my own.

Thanks,
Joe

A:Replacement laptop screen is much too dim

You may just need to replace the inverter:

http://www.laptoprepair101.com/laptop/2007/01/31/replace-screen-inverter-fix-backlight/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replacement-laptop-screen-is-much-too-dim.947516/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have 2 laptops-

Lenovo V570
HP Pavilion DV4T-1400

Lenovo V570 - Its not booting up. I tried Lenovo Bootable Diagnostic USB Tool. And ran all the scans. It showed FAN not available (it seems FAN is working fine as I can feel the air from the side & the laptop is not heating too) & bad sectors in HDD.
I am thinking of replacing the HDD with HP laptop HDD to see if Lenovo boots fine. Can I do this & any harm to HP HDD or the data on HDD doing this?
I dont know much about hardware. Can anyone tell me if both the laptop has same type HDD & the replacement can be tried?

A:Laptop HDD Replacement Info/Help

Laptop HDD's are 2.5" sizes, so they will work on any other laptop as they are all 2.5" and SATA.
You can put the faulty hard drive into a 2.5" USB enclosure to connect it to your HP laptop to access/backup the data.

If the Lenovo does not boot up and there are bad sectors it's probably a failing hard drive which is the problem, not the motherboard.

That said, yes you can put the HP hard drive into the Lenovo, just make sure the SATA connections are firm.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/laptop-hdd-replacement-info-help.52649/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello,I have a hp laptop but accidently my HP laptop screen got broken. Now, my laptop's warrenty in expired. Can you help me with the proper guidence for my HP laptop screen replacement. Thanks in advance. 

A:Laptop Screen Replacement

Need the full model number. There are lots of x360s including ones with different sized screens. Touchscreen? Post back if you need help with that: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c00033108

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-Screen-Replacement/td-p/5840643
Relevancy 44.72%

I've heard that you can replace videocards on larger laptops, i've got a sager with a d900k motherboard and i'm wondering just how difficult is the install? is it as easy as in a desktop?

A:Laptop videocard replacement

What model number is your laptop?
Generally speaking, VGA card replacement in laptops is not practical unless this thing is designed that way.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-videocard-replacement.91966/
Relevancy 44.72%

I recently cracked the LCD on my Asus M50Vm version B4 laptop. Other than not being able to see the the damaged area of the monitor, it works fine. I purchased a replacement, being careful to match the specs: WXGA+, 1440 X 900, CCFL, 30-pin, 15.4". The replacement monitor was correctly installed, but it was completely blank. I returned that one, and purchased another from a different supplier - same thing, but the image was ever-so-slightly visible - (often a symptom of a bad inverter I believe). I re-installed the cracked LCD, and again, aside from the damaged area, it works fine.

So what's up? Did I manage to buy 2 DOA LCD's, or LCD's that fit but with the wrong specs? Or could this be indicative of some strange inverter issue?

Thanks!

Relevancy 44.72%

ok so i had a samsung laptop die, so i removed my SSD, sent laptop back recieved the replacement.
i put my SSD in the laptop but it will not read my SSD at all, it just goes straight to bios.
same laptop so everything should work since the drivers will be for the same hardware..

I hooked up my SSD as a external to another pc which reads it fine so SSD is fine, not sure why it wont boot with the SSD? or read it.

SAMSUNG Series 3 NP350V5C-T02US
SAMSUNG 840 Series MZ-7TD250BW 2.5" 250GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

A:How do i get my SSD to work in my replacement laptop?

Quote: Originally Posted by skuzzzzy

ok so i had a samsung laptop die, so i removed my SSD, sent laptop back recieved the replacement.
i put my SSD in the laptop but it will not read my SSD at all, it just goes straight to bios.
same laptop so everything should work since the drivers will be for the same hardware..

I hooked up my SSD as a external to another pc which reads it fine so SSD is fine, not sure why it wont boot with the SSD? or read it.

SAMSUNG Series 3 NP350V5C-T02US
SAMSUNG 840 Series MZ-7TD250BW 2.5" 250GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

You didn't boot the other PC I am guessing. = The SSD has different drivers than is required in the replacement PC. This tutorial should get your PC going again. Windows 7 Installation - Transfer to a New Computer

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/327109-how-do-i-get-my-ssd-work-my-replacement-laptop.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I purchased a replacement DVD R/W for my Dell Inspiron E1505. When I start up the computer the light comes on the drive and I am able to open the drive by pushing the button on the drive. my problem is the drive does not show up on "my computer" nor in the device manager. I updated my BIOS from the Dell website but that did not fix the problem.
The seller said he tested the drive on laptop the same model as min and that it worked. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:DVDR replacement not seen by laptop

The optical drive may be defective. Return it for another...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvdr-replacement-not-seen-by-laptop.170051/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey Guys, just trying to get some info.

I need to change a HDD in a Vaio VGN-N130G

The system came originally with a 80GB with a 1.6GHz processor

I ve narrowed down the HDD to the following 2: ( to be honest mostly due to budged restraints!!)

Western Digital Scorpio Blue (WD1600BEVT) 160GB SATA 5400 RPM 8MB or

Seagate ST980813ASG Momentus 7200.2 Mobile Hard Drive - 80GB, 2.5", 7200RPM, 8MB, SATA-300

Now space considerations wise...I believe an 80GB would serve the purpose of the use of the computer more than adequately.....if so would u say the performance benefits of the seagate being a 7200rpm drive would be more advantageous...

or would the 7200 be more of a drain or create issues with cooling, resources etc..

many thanks for your time and view points on the issue..

A:Laptop HDD Replacement Choice

if space isn't an issue i'd go with the 7200RPM drive. you'll get a slightly noticeable performance boost. and in the future if you need more space the cost of external drives is dropping pretty quicly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/28638-laptop-hdd-replacement-choice.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey guys & gals,

Someone brought me a Dell Inspirion 1150 and it looks as if the HD is shot. (I reinserted the HD several times and it still would not recognize it) The HD is an Hitachi 08K0851 with UDMA 100. Does the replacement drive have to be UDMA100 ? ATA or IDE won't work ? I'm just looking for suitable replacement.
Thanks,
PostalBound

A:Dell Laptop HD Replacement

That appears to be a bog standard 2.5" ATA 100 IDE drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-laptop-hd-replacement.522542/
Relevancy 44.72%

How do you replace an intergrated modem on a HP pavilion notebook? Thanks.

A:Laptop modem replacement

Hi Roho,

Intergrated means its part of the motherboard. So you would then have to replace the entire motherboard. Its cheaper and easier to just buy a PCMCIA modem and disable the intergrated one.

Paul V

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-modem-replacement.140664/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi!

Can I use a different Asus model LCD screen or do I have to get
replace with the same model?

And could someone kindly tell me where I could source a second hand one
Thanks.

A:Replacement LCD Laptop screen

Usually,you would need to stay with the same type.
Would be helpful if you had a part number,as I believe
asus laptop parts are made by someone else.
I have seen a lot of LCD screens on Ebay.
Might do a search there for your models screen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replacement-lcd-laptop-screen.729026/
Relevancy 44.72%

I installed a new replacement battery(MU06XL) in my laptop. Nothing happened. Does it need to be charged first? Or was it supposed to be charged when I received it?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-Battery-Replacement/td-p/5826088
Relevancy 44.72%

Has anyone here tried replacing the wireless card in their laptop with an 802.11n model? One fly in the ointment is that the laptop only has two antenna connections, and the 'n' card has three antennas. I see varying reports around the web of how this will effect the function of the card. Some say it'll still be better than an 802.11g card, others are not so sure.

It appears that the proper mini-PCI Express card is available, so it's really down to how effective the thing will be with two antennas vs. the three it should have. I have not found any 'n' mini-PCI Express cards with two antenna connections, though I have a D-Link 802.11n router that only has two.

Obviously, I don't want to spend $60 for the card if it's not going to be satisfactory.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/802-11n-card-laptop-replacement.661536/
Relevancy 44.72%

The hard drive in my Toshiba laptop is reported to be failing. Can I replace Toshiba MK 5065GSXN ATA with a SATA drive?

Relevancy 44.72%

I am owning one dell inspiron laptop I had a problem with my laptop LCD dead pixel and it My Reg: replacement panel Laptop LCD got replaced with some refurbished panel just before months after one month of replacement the screen started to show some problem flickering freezing again I raised service request this time I asked them to replace a my own lcd panel after serviced as per the technical Reg: My Laptop LCD panel replacement support they are ready to replace the part with another refurbished one they can t replace it my original panel or new one which I didn t ask reasons they are saying is like my laptop is old so Dell policy not supports to replace a New Panel to it OK no problem what I am asking is to get me the original part of my laptop after serviced There will be no age problem or dell policy issue Because I know how much I cared my laptop And I don rsquo t want someone rsquo s unknown parts that too after refurbished state Get my laptop rsquo s own part after Reg: My Laptop LCD panel replacement serviced Because as you see after fixing a refurbished part it is not even passed at Reg: My Laptop LCD panel replacement least a month most common warranty period then how much I can blindly trust it again This is my personal laptop So I don rsquo t plan to spend another big amount just after the warranty period expires I have more months remaining my warranty with Accidental cover insurance nbsp nbsp Location Coimbatore India Laptop Model Inspiron

A:Reg: My Laptop LCD panel replacement

When I had this same issue in the past it had to do with the inverter board going bad and not the screen itself.  Problem is getting a tech to understand your issue well enough to find the actual problem.  The main issue is when the screen is replaced the board is re-seated it buys a little time where it seems to work again :/.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19989958
Relevancy 44.72%

Toshiba Satellite Laptop
#P105-S6004
17" WXGA+ TruBrite 1440x900 R (Glossy)
SP Media Center Edition Ver. 2002
XP Pro Service Pack 3
Intel T1300 @ 1.66 GHZ
0.99 GB Memory

Vertical mulitcolored lines across the screen. Hooked it up to my screen, no lines...researched it...there is a problem with these screens and warranty will replace for free, but warranty is expired. Question is..

Is it a problem with the screen itself or the inverter? Or do i replace both possibly?

How do you know whether or not its your inverter or the screen itself...

Relevancy 44.72%

For two weeks now when I turn on my computer it hasn't been able to start up. When I turn it on, the screen is black with white letters at the top which say that the battery may need to be replaced. The warranty for my computer is expired, and even if it wasn't I don't have the number which I would need to call to order a spare. That being the case, does anyone know where I should go, look, or call in order to buy a replacement battery for an HP Pavilion Entertainment PC, model number:dv6-1030us?

Relevancy 44.72%

Hello!
I've got my old Compaq Armada M700 Laptop and the battery is totally shot, so I figured it's time to get a new one.
However, I'm a bit weary about buying a new one, I dont want to get stuck with a bad one. Has anyone else ever bought a battery for this laptop? If so, could you tell me where you got it from?
I've seen a lot on Amazon.com but none have reviews, and I don't take that as a good sign. I take it I'd only want new instead of used right?

Here's my hardware specs, if it matters:
700mhz P3
8MB ATI Rage Mobility
XP Pro
80GB 5400RPM HD
DVD-R
I also use a Linksys wireless card

A:Replacement laptop battery....

If a battery is legit it's going to come with a warranty and therefore even if it fails the warranty will allow a replacement unless of course you abuse it but I haven't had any problems with my laptops batteries. I don't run the same system but most laptop batteries warranties are about the same.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replacement-laptop-battery.635228/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a Toshiba laptop - a Satellite A -S model replacement to it the Fan laptop does model? same for be - have It s an older laptop so the fan I want to replace is hard to find and expensive Is there any way a different model fan could be used in its place Perhaps just an A without having to match teh S part Or even a non-Toshiba fan altogether Problem is that although the computer starts up fine after a few moments it shuts down My sources tell me that it s almost certainly a fan issue that to keep it from overheating it just shuts it down I ve seen the Youtube videos of what it takes to replace the thing and I m not confident enough in myself Fan replacement for laptop - does it have to be the same model? to take the entire computer apart to swap it out But I don t want to pay full retail for a fan either that a repairman will charge So I thought I see if I could just buy the fan myself at the cheapest rate then get a repair guy to swap it out with me only paying a labor charge Btw what kind of rate would I expect to pay for a laptop fan replacement I have no idea nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi, my sister recently cracked the screen on her laptop, a Fujitsu-Siemens L1310G. I'm looking for a replacement screen to install, which looks easy enough. But I need so help understand exactly which screen I should be buying as a replacement. The manual lists the following specifications for the existing damaged screen:

Panel size: 15.4" TFT WXGA, 1280x800 pixels

Will any screen that matches these specifications work? Or do I need to find any other specification details?

Thanks

EDIT:for spelling

A:Replacement Laptop Screen

Go here:

http://axofiber.no-ip.org/inside/notebook.lcd.panels.en.htm#_CLAA154WA01

Scroll down to: Amilo L1310G CLAA154WA01 (CPT TFT)

click that and at top of page is info

gl

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replacement-laptop-screen.78089/
Relevancy 44.72%

HP ENVY 17-j010tx Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)I cannot a replacement battery in AustraliaCompanies who say they can do, are asking for an extra $250.00 in handling costs. 4 plus weeks for delivery!

A:laptop battery replacement

The following link to a source for a replacement batteryfor your notebook in Australia quotes $95.00 Australian dollars. http://www.laptopplus.com.au/Compaq-HP/Envy/17-J010TX-Laptop-Battery.aspx?prodid=1961&modelid=569241...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/laptop-battery-replacement/td-p/5681872
Relevancy 43.86%

I have two laptops laptop and screen replacement issues currently both with broken screens On my hp dv I have the following issue with the screen https www dropbox laptop screen issues and replacement com s mnsnei bty i mp dl I believe it might be an inverter issue On my hp-g - laptop screen issues and replacement us the screen is competely broken I d like to either fix the dv or transplant the dv screen to the us The issue is i don t even know what s wrongwith the dv does it look like an inverter issue WHen i turn it on the screen works for a few seconds then i hear the sound and laptop screen issues and replacement smell of overheating and it starts giving up and are the screens even interchangeable I haven t checked the cords but i imagine there are differences seeing as how the us doesn t even require an inverter cable here are the two replacement screens http www amazon com HP-PAVILION-D amp creative amp creativeASIN B TPGQG and http www amazon com HP-PAVILION-G - US-SUBSTITUTE-REPLACEMENT dp B L VF W footnote i m not even using the correct screen forthe dv i transplanted like a screen from a compaq computer into it years ago and it s only recently started to crap out nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop Core Duo T GHz MB Cache GB Ram with Nvidia M graphics card I do not play games Graphics Laptop Replacement Card at my laptop but recently the Graphics card chip overheated and it silently went out of order Yes it overheated with just normal operation of Windows making the laptop out of display at all The laptop ages more than two years and there is no Dell certified service center here However I have options to replace the burnt chip from a local service center But as I don't Laptop Graphics Card Replacement play games with the laptop I would like to have Intel integrated graphics now instead of a heat prone NVidia one But is it possible with a laptop to replace the graphics chip I mean for my desktop I can easily get off my D graphics card and turn the onboard integrated intel graphics on But in case of my Dell laptop which came with M graphics chip is the intel integrated graphics chip still Laptop Graphics Card Replacement there And can I just disable the burnt chip open the laptop cover and plug the display cable to the quot apparently present there quot Intel Chip I am not acquainted with laptop motherboards actually By the way if any intel graphics chip is not present there can I have a Intel Chip may be GMA or something like that on it instead of a new heat prone M In fact one local service center offered me to replace the burnt chip for a new one for around But I do not find the real price of a M chip anywhere Could anyone give some hints Any form of suggestion is welcome I am looking forward to hear from you

A:Laptop Graphics Card Replacement

There's a lot of information on your system at support.dell.com.

If I understand the specs correctly, you have an Intel 965PM chipset, without integrated graphics. (Another version uses the 965GM chipset, with integrated graphics, but that's not what you have.)

I doubt that it's practical to convert to the chispet with built-in graphics, but you could ask your repair shop. The performance of the nVidia graphics is probably much superior, but you appear to not benefit from that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/79537-laptop-graphics-card-replacement.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a Compaq HP CQ - DX with a Atheros AR and I am currently on a wireless G connection my wife's netbook is getting better speeds then I am card laptop wireless replacement??? I feel like I am on dial up still So anyone know of a good mini PCI express card laptop wireless card replacement??? for laptops with high performance The card is mega easy to get at so the upgrade part will take less then minutes this laptop has ports for almost everything upgradeable on the laptop wireless card replacement??? laptop I want this upgrade so I can download the Free D models from DAZ D for my artwork and to play a little America's Army and Unreal Tournament laptop wireless card replacement??? Yes I was a gamer once Oh or a driver that might work I found a bit driver but running bit and not sure if that will work or not but I think finding a better card will serve me better over time as I plan to upgrade everything I can along the way Thanks in advance for any help

A:laptop wireless card replacement???

Hm...I am not sure where you would be able to buy an internal wireless card...if it isn't a driver issue have you thought of an express card slot graphics card...like a linksys from Wal-Mart. I have a friend with one and he says it works great

EDIT: I meant a express card slot wireless card...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/24497-laptop-wireless-card-replacement.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I bought a laptop last year from xotic pc and it was a sager np laptop At first it was great and very fast I bought this laptop because its very fast and because its light and smaller Things were great with laptop then i had issue where the battery no longer worked after a few months It has the replace the battery issue with the red X Also the sound seems to be a lot lower than usual as well I'm also out of the country so its hard to just send the laptop Battery Replacement? Laptop Sager back to xoticpc and have it sent back to me However i like to know for those of you who purchased from xoticpc and had to return a laptop and get something fixed how long is the actual time the day you sent the laptop back till the day you received it For me my biggest issue is the battery since i have to have it plugged all the time laptop goes out pretty much immediately the moment i unplug the charger The sound issue is also frustrating since it suddenly has a weak sound as well This is around the time Sager Laptop Battery Replacement? my battery no longer Sager Laptop Battery Replacement? worked so I was wondering if there could have been Sager Laptop Battery Replacement? a coincidence My other issue is the battery isn't easy to take out There are about screws to unscrew on the bottom of this laptop if i want to take out the battery My old asus laptop and most dell laptops are simple in that you can just pull the battery in and out very easy Thus i cannot do this myself to take out the battery However I'm curious could my battery be misplaced which is why my battery shows the red x Or that is not possible Of course the battery never was taken out since i never took it out I was told it would cost plus S and H to have a new battery shipped to me from xoticpc assuming i buy a new battery after the warranty period which will expire soon But of course if i send it to them before warranty period there isn't cost but my warranty expires really soon I did wonder could it be possible the battery is loose which is why I'm getting this message My issue though is there are at least screws that you have to unscrew in order to take the battery out Its not like a regular laptop where you just hold the button then take out the battery just like that Thus i wouldn't be able to do this as i tried last time I checked online and there is even a manual to teach you how to do this which mean it isn't simple However could it be possible the battery is loose though which is why im getting this message Then again how would it get loose if i never touched the battery Could the battery actually have pushed a little to the left or right Thanks

A:Sager Laptop Battery Replacement?

The battery should have a pretty snug cable attached to it so No I would say something has gone wrong with it and try to get your service done while it's free. Also looking at your previous threads I would have sent in this laptop a long way back as it seems to have hardware issues you could not resolve correct?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/382843-sager-laptop-battery-replacement.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I was just wondering what people here think is the best newest to date Desktop Replacement PC Laptop: CPU & Performance wise that comes with a 17" or larger monitor..??

Or any Desktop Replacement PC Laptops coming out in the near future that will be really super beefed up..??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-desktop-replacement-laptop-is-the-best-to-date.61790/
Relevancy 43.86%

I plan to replace Win 7 HP 64bit with Win 7 Ultimate 64bit on an Asus N53S, a replacement for a laptop that is now trashed and on which the win 7 OEM 64bit version had been installed to replace Win Vista. Is it possible to overcome Win 7 OEM being keyed to one computer MS protocol and if so, how is it done?

A:Win 7 Ultimate OEM upgrade to second replacement laptop

Quote: Originally Posted by Den02

I plan to replace Win 7 HP 64bit with Win 7 Ultimate 64bit on an Asus N53S, a replacement for a laptop that is now trashed and on which the win 7 OEM 64bit version had been installed to replace Win Vista. Is it possible to overcome Win 7 OEM being keyed to one computer MS protocol and if so, how is it done?

An OEM license is limited to the installation on one computer and is not legally transferable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/223301-win-7-ultimate-oem-upgrade-second-replacement-laptop.html
Relevancy 43.86%

This is the back of the laptop screen of the laptop I own & it's a sony vaio VGN-NS255D/S laptop, the lcd screen is 15.4", WXGA, CCFL backlight:

I am not sure what LCD to order because the back of the one on amazon looks different, please help

A:Where can I find a laptop LCD screen replacement like this

On the back of the display, down in the lower left corner is a sticker.
There are two pieces of info to get from it:
The manufacturer (LG, or Phillips, etc)
The model number - an LG display will look like this: LP174XD4(TL)(A1)
Now go to a website that sells Laptop screens and search for your exact model number. You will need to specify whether you want a glossy or matte screen, as most models come in both.
I have used this firm from Canada, and can confirm that the display they sent me was an exact replacement part, not a knockoff:
LAPTOP SCREEN, LCD panels from $42. Dell, HP Compaq, Toshiba, Acer, IBM Lenovo, Sony, Gateway, Apple, Asus replacement screen display panel
Hope that helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/250363-where-can-i-find-laptop-lcd-screen-replacement-like.html
Relevancy 43.86%

hi and hope you can welcome and new member......me!!

i have problem with my m700, i have replaced m/board and now battery not charging and nipple mouse non functioning
is this faultwith board or me?
thanks very much

A:Laptop problems after motherboard replacement

Please use proper thread titles from now on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-problems-after-motherboard-replacement.72693/
Relevancy 43.86%

Anyone have intructions on how to replace the keyboard for my Envy TouchSmart Sleekbook 4-1115dx?

A:Instructions For Laptop Keyboard Replacement

Hi, The first manual on the following link does have:          http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-4-Sleekbook/5296620/model/5312201/manuals Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Instructions-For-Laptop-Keyboard-Replacement/td-p/5645881
Relevancy 43.86%

my laptop's touchpad currently go crazy when im controlling it
what do you think is it faulty that i have to replace it or its just my system os, already tried restarting and system restore

what website can i buy this replacement parts and about how much range is this touchpad

my laptop is Acer Aspire 4750G

A:laptop replacement parts question

Try virus scan i know sounds silly.

Uninstall drivers and re install using these ones :

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFi...C=ACER&SC=PA_7

Failing that Is it in warranty ? If it is a problem it may be cheaper buying a spares or repair laptop taking its parts as a last resort.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/251439-laptop-replacement-parts-question.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I want to replace a fan on a HP dv5-1002 nr laptop, I have the fan I just need to find instructions on how to do it?
Or is it too hard to replace?
My experience with computers is ive built quite a few custom pcs in the past.
I googled but havn't found any guides =\
Thanks

Relevancy 43.86%

I m going of to college in a few weeks and I need a laptop I don t have alot of money so no desktop replacement laptop will work because I wouldn t be able to afford it I want something that will be able to somewhat keep pace with my current desktop system but have the battery life that I will need something like hours Processors I know that the Intel Pentium M Processors are out as well as the AMD Turion Processors What is with the - Ghz range on the new Intel CPUs Are they becoming like AMD s processors where a running at Ghz runs like a Ghz I m slightly confused at this Video I want a dedicated video card with Replacement Questions Laptop Desktop good speed with mb Ram Harddrive Nothing to fancy something quick but not to expensive At least gb Everything else All the Desktop Replacement Laptop Questions standard notebook laptop stuff a good screen but nothing that weights lbs Does anyone have any suggestions nbsp

A:Desktop Replacement Laptop Questions

I have found these: Input?

Acer Ferrari 4000

Acer Ferrari 3400

Acer Travelmate 8100

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desktop-replacement-laptop-questions.28279/