Windows Support Forum

Windows 7 installation hangs on "Completing Installation"

Q: Windows 7 installation hangs on "Completing Installation"

I can't seem to install Windows 7 on my PC after I installed my new ASUS EAH5450 Series
graphics card,but before I installed the card Windows 7 works perfectly fine on my PC,here's what i've tried to do

1.Restore BIOS Settings to default
2.Wipe the WHOLE hard disk
3.Remove the graphics card and try to install Windows 7

none have worked so I tried to check my PC with "Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor" and the results came out,everything is compatible except my software which i will CLEAN install not upgrade.

My Spec is
Pentium(R) Dual Core CPU E6300 2.80GHz
RAM 2GB DDR2
Graphics card is (OnBoard) nVidia GeForce 7050
and like I said I installed ASUS EAH5450 Series (1GB DDR3)

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows 7 installation hangs on "Completing Installation"

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows 7 installation hangs on "Completing Installation"

you might want to go back and make sure your bios settings are configured correctly, default is not necessarily optimal or correct.

formatting the drive in the window's installer is a good thing.

try it again from the top after confirming the bios settings. if you have all sata drives you might want to make sure ahci is enabled.

also you might try disabling the onboard video. if you can see the install process on the new video card it should be fine. also i am thinking that having both enabled should not be an issue, but it might be a driver conflict. having only one enabled simplifies things.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/193028-windows-7-installation-hangs-completing-installation.html
Relevancy 114.08%

Comp Spec CPU E GPU-ATI MB - Gigabyte P-DS P rev I think although manual says Ram - GeIL GB x GB DDR PC - C MHz What should have been a straight forward installation of a new SSD that I have done before has turned into a nightmare First of all I attached the hardrive and installed windows without a hitch Then for some reason the installation got corrupted I think in my haste I restarted the comp while it was installing a million updates No problem I thought I ll format the hdd and install it again This is where things started to go wrong First of all I got the bootmgr missing error when trying to install from the disk so I created a bootable usb pen and everything seemed to be going fine however when the system reboots it hangs on completing Installation and after mins or so I get the BSoD restarts too quick of me to read and the comp restarts I ve spent hours days trawling the forums and trying various fixes but none seem to work for me What I Windows my hangs Installation? at "Completing 7 I?m - installation at ve tried - AHCI is enabled - Swapped an usb keyboard for an old one whatever they re called - Disconnected everything when window reinstall during installation that I can keyboard mouse - Disconected everything I Can from the MB wireless adapter sticks of ram Left with stick of GB optical drive - Swapped gfx cards - Booted in safe mode as far as I could and tried to disable the VGA display adapters - Run RAM tests passed also running at the recommended voltage of - Used Intels toolbox Windows 7 installation hangs at "Completing Installation? - I?m at my to run a drive diagnostic scan all fine - Windows 7 installation hangs at "Completing Installation? - I?m at my Run dban to fully clear the hdd - Tried installing drivers during W installation - Typing start explorer exe in the cmd box - Every SATA port I really Windows 7 installation hangs at "Completing Installation? - I?m at my don t know what else to try An hour before Windows installed flawlessly on the same drive Also if I reset bios defaults and plug the old hdd back in the computer boots and runs fine Any suggestions

A:Windows 7 installation hangs at "Completing Installation” - I’m at my

Unplug all other HD's and peripherals,

Boot into BIOS setup, reset to defaults, save changes. Next if an EFI BIOS, enable Legacy BIOS, set DVD drive first to boot, HD second. Then set SATA controller to AHCI. Save changes and Exit.

Then boot into installer DVD or flash stick burned or written using tool and latest ISO for your licensed OS version here.

At first installer screen Press Shift + F10 to open a Command Box, type:

DISKPART
LIST DISK
SELECT DISK 0 (after confirming Windows 7 target HD #)
CLEAN
CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY SIZE=102400 (for 100gb partition, adjust as desired)
FORMAT FS=NTFS LABEL="WINDOWS 7"
ACTIVE
EXIT
EXIT

Next click Install Now, then Custom install to Clean Install Windows 7 to the partition you created. If it fails then report back at which step and the verbatim error message.

In addition read over these steps to understand the tools and methods which work best to get and maintain a perfect Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7. The steps are the same for retail.

After install you can adjust partition size or Create new partitions for data, etc. in Disk Mgmt. We are creating the partition here to mark it Active which overcomes certain install failures.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/272277-windows-7-installation-hangs-completing-installation-i-m-my.html
Relevancy 111.91%

I cannot clean install windows Im getting nervous because I Cannot Windows Solved: 7 "Completing Installation" install Professional, at hangs need this desktop for college What happens Solved: Cannot install Windows 7 Professional, hangs at "Completing Installation" Install normally freezes at completing installation At reboot services start and then an error message stating that an error occured happens asking to restart the installation What ive tried -Removing all USB drives even my USB Solved: Cannot install Windows 7 Professional, hangs at "Completing Installation" keyboard no keyboard and mouse second half of installation doesnt help either - Shift-F at error message and starting explorer exe starts to do things ends up logging in a system user with not even enough features for safe mode -Removing graphics card for onboard -Removing sound card for onboard -Removing secondary monitor -Removing second hard drive not being affect during installation -drive has had partitions wiped by installation cd using the quot New quot option not the format to allow the extra partition to be created for windows -Set sata to AHIC in Bios -APIC disabled -installing vista basic my only version and upgrading to professional incompatable - x and x tried same problems -its downloaded student software burned at x rate for better burning -Vista does install but not -Ran check disk around the error prompt came out clean And probably a few other things ive spent a long time on it today and yesterday any any ideas nbsp

A:Solved: Cannot install Windows 7 Professional, hangs at "Completing Installation"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-install-windows-7-professional-hangs-at-completing-installation.934139/
Relevancy 105.71%

Hi all I have a Dell Zino HD It came with Windows bit but I would like to use that license on another computer so I want to swap in a copy of Vista that I own that is currently not in use I did a clean install of Vista and it made it all the way through the install process and when it rebooted it just stopped at a black screen with the mouse cursor arrow I can move the arrow around but it does nothing else I tried reinstalling reinstalling on a secondary partition wondering if there was something goofy with the front of the drive all to the same effect Safe mode will not boot either I have a copy of XP MCE lying around so I thought I would try that I put that in and it just got past loading the inital drivers and hit quot Starting Windows quot before I could do any input at all and then blue screened with a message that I should run CHKDSK F I got the harddrive out got it into my Windows Professional-running desktop and ran CHKDSK It found nothing wrong I ran all of Dell's harddrive checks It too found nothing wrong On a whim I tried Windows again and it worked just fine Any ideas on what on earth is going on System specs are Dell Zino HD ATI HD Integrated graphics running on VGA for this experiment GB RAM GB HDD Ghz single core AMD cpu Thanks so much guys

A:Install hangs on black screen with mouse after "Completing Installation"

Welcome,
I would prepare the HD properly, using this tutorial as a guide.
SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation - Windows 7 Forums

and here is a guide for Seven installation problems.
I think that it applies to your situation, also
http://www.sevenforums.com/installat...solutions.html

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/286949-install-hangs-black-screen-mouse-after-completing-installation.html
Relevancy 105.09%

Current Operating System pre-install Do you have a single OS on your computer are you planning on multi-booting with this installation Single OS Are you multi-booting now No Current Hardware How many internal hard drives HD are connected to your system x G x TB OS to be installed on G drive Are they IDE or SATA Both SATA but configured as IDE Enhanced "Completing at Clean hangs Install installation" in BIOS How many DVD drives are connected to your system Clean Install hangs at "Completing installation" xLG DVD Drive Are they IDE or SATA Drives DVD Drive is IDE Any external HDs used None Are they connected by USB or eSATA Not Applicable Check Disk Management for any HDs listed with a yellow triangle and explanation point All Clear ready Is this a New Clean HD No Have you pre-formatted the HD No though have hit quot Format quot from the Advanced Options in the install process Windows installation details Which build number and version of Windows are you installing Win Pro x SP Not sure of build number Are you installing a bit x or bit x OS x Where did you get the ISO file from OEM DVD Installation Media Using a USB memory key No From another partition or hard disk No From a DVD Yes Genuine OEM copy - sealed in box Other Any Over Clocking of the RAM CPU or GPU No overclocking whatsoever Motherboard ASUS P KC BIOS v latest version All other PC specs are listed under quot My System Specs quot I have read through all the threads spent many hours trying the numerous 'fixes' still to no avail Next thing to try is to remove the second HDD Any other suggestions assistance will be grealty appreciated

A:Clean Install hangs at "Completing installation"

SOLVED!

I removed the second hard-drive (1TB WD Caviar), set SATA to "Compatible" in BIOS and voial! Presto! Done!

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/231156-clean-install-hangs-completing-installation.html
Relevancy 104.16%

I would very much like to try out Windows since all I read about it is very positive I am trying to install the bit version on my computer but no matter what I do it keeps freezing at quot Completing installation reboot hangs "Completing 1st installation" after quot after the first reboot For a minute or so "Completing installation" after 1st reboot hangs the dots-animation is still working and I can move the mouse but after that it just completely freezes Some background information - I have a Asus P K-E WiFi mainboard with the latest BIOS installed also tried an older BIOS - My processor Intel Q is overclocked to GHz but I have also tried the install at stock speed GHz - The jMicron controller is disabled - SATA mode is AHCI This is working fine with my Windows XP installation - My video card is a Radeon HD card with DVI outputs both connected to a monitor I also tried connecting just one monitor without success - It doesn't matter whether I install from DVD or USB flash disk the exact same thing happens - I have a USB soundcard Digidesign MBox I but disconnecting it during installation doesn't help - I use a Logitech USB mouse keyboard "Completing installation" after 1st reboot hangs set - I have two DSP cards installed in my PC a UAD- and a SSL Duende both working fine with XP I'm puzzled Anyone have a clue

A:"Completing installation" after 1st reboot hangs

I don't use 64 bit, but I think there have been issues with RAM and 64 bit reported in these forums.

Have you tried just a single stick of RAM, and maybe try it in different slots? I'd get rid of overclock until you had this sorted out.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/40113-completing-installation-after-1st-reboot-hangs.html
Relevancy 103.54%

Hello all for days now iv been trying to install w bit i have read a lot of messages here about fixing my problem and non Windows 32bit installation" "completing (AGA installation 7 at freezes of them was a success When installing w after the first reset the installation returns to the screen where it shows the progress of the installation the only thing left is quot completing installation quot it hangs on that screen for hours and wouldnt contoniue i can move my mouse but it dosent give much help things i tried untill now disconnecting all drives beside the one i want to install w on it Windows 7 32bit installation freezes at "completing installation" (AGA disconnecting a pci card of USB slots disable all usb controls from bios my mouse and keyboard are connected with quot blue quot and quot purple quot connections disable floppy which does not exist - which didnt solve the problem but made the installation much faster Change in the bios from PCI to PEG Additional Notes I have only one monitor which is a LCD TV which connected to the nvidia graphic card with DVI to HD cable in the installation it shows that i have partitions in this hardisk and i have only as far as i know the third one has a MB capacity mybe its related some how I have seen that people gave suggestions about a utility which fixes the hardrive and maybe solve the problem but i have no operating system to do so I dont know much about my computer and i dont have any operating system to check it i only know that i have intel core ghz gb ram some gigabyte motherboard and some nvidia graphic card Please help me im one step away from installing XP again

A:Windows 7 32bit installation freezes at "completing installation" (AGA

Is it the stage where it freezes ?
Which process of installation are you trying ? Are you upgrading your XP installation with windows 7 ; or you installing 7 with formatting the C drive ? Sometimes upgrading takes enormous time to be completed compared with clean install .

You follow this tutorial : Clean Install Windows 7 ... follow steps 6, 7 and 8 carefully , I hope there would not be a further problem . All the best

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/120633-windows-7-32bit-installation-freezes-completing-installation-aga.html
Relevancy 99.51%

Hi Guys I have a problem installing Windows Vista The installation process works fine until after the st reboot that goes to quot completing installation freezes installation&q Vista Solved: at "completing Windows installation quot It completely freezes at that point and after hour or so goes to a black screen where Solved: Windows Vista installation freezes at "completing installation&q i can see nothing but my mouse pointer I just got my laptop days ago and it s brand new Vista compatible In fact it came with Vista installed and it was working perfectly fine until I decided to reformat it so that I could check if my new hd i tried installing was the main reason for this installation failure I saw a post with similar problems explaining that the BIOS was in need to be updated but my BIOS is up to date and vista compatible My laptop specs are as follows Inspiron Intel Core Duo T GHz Mhz M L Cache GB DDR MHz MB NVIDIA GeForce Go inch Wide Screen UXGA TLLCD Integrated Network Cardand Modem X DVD -RW Dual Layer Drive Integrated Sound Blaster Audigy Intel AGN Wireless-N Mini Card Can someone please help me out Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Windows Vista installation freezes at "completing installation&q

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-vista-installation-freezes-at-amp-amp-quot-completing-installation-amp-amp-q.595323/
Relevancy 95.17%

I SSD. installation" on windows new at "Completing 7 Stuck install bought a new SSD today It is a kingston v gb so I want Stuck at "Completing installation" install windows 7 on new SSD. to install windows on my new ssd I already have HDD installed One had the old windows so I install the SSD and do a complete rewiring of my pc because its to messy Then hooked up everything except the old HDD So i go to the bios and change the boot priority to my dvd drive but i notice that is doesnt detect my ssd I just proceed changing the setting to AHCI for TRIM Then reboot and go to the BIOS again Now it detect my SSD So i proceed install windows On the quot Where to install windows quot It says something like quot windows cant install on the drive quot cant remember I reboot the pc and enter the setup again and it went fine After reboot once it stuck at quot completing installation quot my mouse pointer wont hover Tried reinstalling it twice but still stuck there So i unplugged my ssd and just connect to my old HDD that has windows but now when it boot up on my old HDD it stuck on quot starting windows quot Did i do something wrong

A:Stuck at "Completing installation" install windows 7 on new SSD.

Now it doesnt posting. is my pc dead?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/267771-stuck-completing-installation-install-windows-7-new-ssd.html
Relevancy 95.17%

I am trying to do a clean re-install on my PC. I followed this sites tutorials on cleaning and partitioning the drive before installing, but I can't get past the first reboot. Yesterday I only did a "clean" in diskpart, partitioned files, and let the computer mull on it overnight. 15 hours later, it was still on the "Completing Installation" phase. Okay, that seemed like an excessive wait. I went back and ran "clean all", lather, rinse, repeat.

The PC rebooted once to get to the "Completing Installation" phase, and there it has been sitting for over two hours in suspicious silence. How do I fix this? Or how do I at least find out what's causing the hold up?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/393618-windows-7-install-locking-up-completing-installation.html
Relevancy 94.24%

So I was installing windows and everything was going great fast etc Computer had just restarted blah blah Windows had said quot Upgrading Registry and what not quot and then when I got to the quot Completing Installation quot after about minutes it just freezes I gave "Completing Windows Freezes 7 Installation" at it a good minutes of just sitting there before coming to the conclusion it might be a hardware problem Then again why would I get so far in Windows 7 Freezes at "Completing Installation" the installation before it doing that It was at about the marker Btw I'm upgrading to Windows bit I'm running Vista bit atm and Vista is freshly installed after a Hard Drive format about a week ago Soes any help would be great if it matters any deal about my computer specs I'm on - AMD X Dual Core ghz - GeFORCE XFX mb- Default High Def Sound CardRunning a HP PC but would have really matter Anyway if anyone has any fixes for this or solutions suggestions what ever have you I'm interested And also I should note that I've tryed installing - times now with the exact same outcome I've tryed just the quot Update quot option then after that I tryed the quot Custom quot option in the installation while it was already booted up Would a clean installation be the possible fix The reason I haven't tred I clean installation is cause I just reinstalled Vista and formatted my hard drive a week ago meaning I'd have to make a gig backup of my programs but if doing a clean sweap would have a success rate I'm all in Oh one more thing I first tried writing a CD with a RW DVD but I've tryed with different types as well all going at x write speed I still get the same installation Freeze

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7d765b66-17c6-46e8-94e2-dd39b5b504c1/windows-7-freezes-at-quotcompleting-installationquot?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 94.24%

I've been browsing Google and these forums for ideas the last week as to why the the installation would hang at this point, but have found no solid answers that work. so far I've tried the following:
Unplugging all USB devices that aren't needed.
Updated Bios to the most recent version available and reset back to defaults.
Double check that all essential hardware is compatible with 64 bit ( the documentation I've found says that all of my hardware is ok).
Tried booting from DVD, burned at slowest speed.
Tried booting from USB.
Tried both 32 and 64 bit versions with the same results

Any Ideas to why Windows hangs at the "completing installation" point?

A:Stuck on "completing installation" on Windows 7 X64

Quote: Originally Posted by halomaster

I've been browsing Google and these forums for ideas the last week as to why the the installation would hang at this point, but have found no solid answers that work. so far I've tried the following:
Unplugging all USB devices that aren't needed.
Updated Bios to the most recent version available and reset back to defaults.
Double check that all essential hardware is compatible with 64 bit ( the documentation I've found says that all of my hardware is ok).
Tried booting from DVD, burned at slowest speed.
Tried booting from USB.
Tried both 32 and 64 bit versions with the same results

Any Ideas to why Windows hangs at the "completing installation" point?

RAID driver? Max mem or Max cpu checked. Has the dvd been successful in installing win 7 before?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/84227-stuck-completing-installation-windows-7-x64.html
Relevancy 94.24%

Hi There I assembled new P P LE B Intel Core i - Gig DDR RAM "Completing 7 at Freezes Installation" Windows with tb SATA HDD and tried to install Windows Home Premium SP on it clean installation to unassigned partition Installation went all way down to quot Completing installation quot and reboot once and Windows logo appeared and then it freezes I can load in a safe mode and disabled all devices under mark in device manager and rebooted the system but it freezes again I brows internet and found that people had similar problem with different ways to Windows 7 Freezes at "Completing Installation" solve and tried few of them and failed I tried following - Disconnected USB all drives only mouse in my case - Reduced memory to G one chip of that I have - Switched from IDE to AHCI and back - Installed drivers from ASUS disk under safe mode and disabled all drives in Other group - Errors in a Log are related to install something from online and product code verifications but I wasn t prompted to input product code yet Please Help Thanks in advance Michael

A:Windows 7 Freezes at "Completing Installation"

Hello MKtorn, welcome to Seven Forums!

Sometime Windows has issues installing to such large partitions as 1 & 2TB, perhaps running the clean command and creating a single 100GB partition to do the installation to will help and be sure to post back with any further questions you may have and to keep us informed.

Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid

As the HDD is fairly new and the Windows 7 install is fairly new also, perhaps if you clean the HDD using the clean and not the clean all command and then create a 100GB partition to do the clean install to it may help.

Have a look at this to boot to diskaprt.DISKPART : At PC Startup

Then use Step One of this one to run the clean and not the clean all as listed, the clean only over-writes the format configuration data and only takes seconds and the clean all over-writes the entire HDD and takes hours, and should not be necessary on a 'new' HDD.

Then use Step Two, either #2 or #3 to create and mark "Active" the partition(s) and be sure to post back with any further questions you may have and to keep us informed.SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation

Additional Secure Erase / Wipe Information

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/175273-windows-7-freezes-completing-installation.html
Relevancy 88.97%

Hello I am in a bit of a hurry because I have been at someone else s house for the weekend but in short my old hard drive was unbelievably Vista at "Completing stops Installing Installation" corrupted and after spending a week trying to work with it and get the infection out I made it worse So with little time or access to computers to fix it I made the tough decsision to get a new GB hard drive and start over I was feeling optimistic about things untill when I was trying to reinstall the vista OS it stopped progressing at quot Completing Installation quot and I am not sure what I am suppose to do It s been saying that for hours and I read some articles online where people whould have it up for days So I got the new HD and the OS disc and my serial number Installing Vista stops at "Completing Installation" which I have yet to see a prompt for me to enter it into I went to Dell Tech Support but I can t get live help because my warrenty is expired So please help D edit My HD is a GB quot SATA HDD I have Vista OS bit Home nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-vista-stops-at-completing-installation.930895/
Relevancy 88.35%

Ok so yesterday I did a boot and nuke, completely wiped the hard drive because Vista had made it crash pretty bad earlier. Did plenty of check disk and memory tests beforehand and everything was fine.

Now, I am trying to install Windows 7 and I get to completing installation and it tells me it can't finish because an installation file is corrupted.

I have formatted the hard drive to no avail. Right now I am cleaning the disk through cmd prompt. The DVD is a valid copy, purchased from a military store, brand new. Please help me as I am at my wit's end.

A:Dell Inspiron 530 freezes at Windows 7 32 bit "completing installation

Set the drive type to IDE in the BIOS (F2 Setup) to install. After install you can set it to ACHI if desired.

After you get Windows installed, it will install most of the needed drivers, however it will not install the correct sound driver. I do a lot of support on the Dell users forum and we have found that non-Dell sound drivers either do not work or do not work correctly. At a minimum you will have to install the Dell sound driver (for integrated audio).

Its too bad you completely reformatted the hard drive. Although the Dell recovery partition (accessed by F8 at power on) is no longer valid, the Dell hardware diagnostics (accessed by F12 at power on) are and should not have
been deleted.

Here is the driver: Drivers and Downloads | Dell [United States]

You can also get help from the Dell community forum (users helping users) Home - Dell Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/232718-dell-inspiron-530-freezes-windows-7-32-bit-completing-installation.html
Relevancy 88.04%

I know this topic gets covered a lot but i cannot find an answer to my problem.

I am performing a clean install from usb of windows 7 home 32-bit onto a hp mini 210-1030nr. Of course, the installation is freezing at the "completing installation" screen. The loading dots completely stop moving!

There are no usb devices connected. I have made sure to partition correctly (left as unpartitioned space). I have checked all bios options but there really arent many available. Shift+f10 does nothing. My system meets the requirements. Please help....

A:Install freezes at "completing Installation"

thank you everyone for being so helpful.....not!!! and btw i still have NOT found an answer

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/66068-install-freezes-completing-installation.html
Relevancy 88.04%

first of all i have Legit W Ultimate and i been using my same type of OS installing since until now i think there's nothing wrong with my system rig but maybe the HDD its quot Deskstar Hitachi GB quot year old HDD i a reach getting error i i'm "Completing when Installation" successfully installed my OS with it months ago until a problem came were it keeps restarting its self when it reaches quot Windows Logo quot with those i'm getting a error when i reach "Completing Installation" color thing flying around i have no other choice but to reinstall my OS and heres what i i'm getting a error when i reach "Completing Installation" got so far i reinstall the OS with bit when i reaches quot Completing Installation quot it sudden stopped i waited about minutes and error sudden pops out says quot Setup has stopped due to corrupt installation file please contact vendor quot - this is new problem to me i dont know why im getting this error its very unusual problem i didnt get this before so i try my nd attempt this time its bit as soon as the installation completes i get an another error says something about use quot SCNDSK quot to check some startup errors i reset my PC i did the quot SCNDSK quot after several scans finally everything is fine as it was i can use my computer However there's one big problem most of my programs and files are only for bit that wont run on the bit that im using so i reformatted my OS again -i knew this wasnt necessarily but i really have no choice i need to do this to save some time but i was wrong in my rd attempt i did the same thing as i did on bit believing that would work however things didn't succeeded i get the same error at quot quot yet again reformatted the driver Drive C and trying to install the bit as method as usual i get the SCNDSK error and i did the same thing again but this time it wont work im out of idea i keep repeating all the methods still no success now im stuck i dont know what to do so anyone can give me hand here is it my HardDisk or my OS installer THANKS IN ADVANCE

A:i'm getting a error when i reach "Completing Installation"

Hi,

What is the source of your Windows 7 installation? Is it a DVD that you purchased?

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/217415-im-getting-error-when-i-reach-completing-installation.html
Relevancy 87.11%

Hello I m having an issue installing a clean install of Windows Vista Home during completing install installation Vista installation hangs on clean Basic onto my friend s Acer laptop To start off my friend has had a rouge anti virus that more or less destroyed his windows After doing a system restore for the earliest date available the virus was gone but Windows kept asking me on how to open simple things such as Internet Explorer and various other programs which made the OS unusable My friend gave me permission to format the drive and I reinstalled Vista with a DVD Vista installation hangs on completing installation during clean install of my Vista installation hangs on completing installation during clean install I had for from one of my PCs but I used his CD key that was on the laptop The installation went fine so I went on my desktop PC and downloaded all of the drivers for his laptop Aspire and then installed a sound card driver and a BIOs update After the BIOs update the laptop wouldn t start up again I tried doing a system restore but it had no restore points so since I just started I figured doing a quick format wouldn t hurt This is where things got bad I ve tried reinstalling Vista again but it keeps hanging on the quot Completing installation quot part I ve tried three times so far and it always hangs at the exact same part and now I have no clue on what to do Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated thank you nbsp

A:Vista installation hangs on completing installation during clean install

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-installation-hangs-on-completing-installation-during-clean-install.996077/
Relevancy 87.11%

Hello I'm having an issue installing a clean install of Windows Vista Home Basic onto my friend's Acer laptop To start off my friend has had a rouge anti virus that more or less destroyed his windows After doing a system restore for the earliest date available the virus was gone but Windows kept asking me on how to open simple things such as Internet Explorer and various other programs which made the OS unusable My friend gave me permission to format hangs clean during install completing Vista on installation installation the drive and I reinstalled Vista with a DVD of my I had for from one of my PCs but I used his CD key that was on the laptop The installation went fine so I went on my desktop PC and downloaded all of the drivers for his laptop Aspire and then installed a sound card driver and a BIOs update After the BIOs update the laptop wouldn't start up again I tried doing a system restore but it had no restore points so since I just started I figured doing a quick format wouldn't hurt This is where things got bad I've tried reinstalling Vista again but it keeps hanging on the quot Completing installation quot part I've tried three times so far and it Vista installation hangs on completing installation during clean install always hangs at the exact same part and now I have no clue on what to do Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated thank you

A:Vista installation hangs on completing installation during clean install

Hi ssjChris. Welcome to TSF!

I would suggest you download a copy of Darik's Boot and Nuke (affectionately known as DBAN) HERE and create a bootable CD with it. Then boot with that CD and do a low-level format. That will insure that you don't have all kinds of wonderful dangling stuff on the hard drive. A Windows format doesn't do a low-level format to the extent that DBAN does. Pay VERY close attention to the menus as you use this software as it is very powerful. If you have any external hard drives connected, I suggest you disconnect them.

Once it completes, try your installation again.

Good day!

Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-installation-hangs-on-completing-installation-during-clean-install-572740.html
Relevancy 87.11%

I am helping out a friend by re-installing Windows 7 on his laptop. Unfortunately the laptop had been infected beyond repair by a virus/malware and would not boot past bios.

When installing Windows 7 x32, I make it to the "Setup is starting..." screen and it does not continue. It is not the disk as I have used the same one to install it on my laptop. The laptop is a Dell Inspiron 1545 with 4gb of ram and 500gb HDD space.
Please help!

A:Windows 7 installation hangs at "Setup is starting..." screen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-installation-hangs-at-setup-is-starting-screen.987374/
Relevancy 86.8%

MSI K7N2 Delta2 motherboard
512 mb ram
Athlon XP 2700

Bought a new 250 gig seagate SATA 7200.8 hard drive and a win xp home upgrade edition. enabled SATA in BIOS, connected SATA cable to SATA1 on mobo, BIOS didn't recognize the drive, connected to SATA2 and BIOS did recognize drive so I tried to partition and format using Seagate's DiscWizard from floppy. Things seemed to go fine until I got a message that format wasn't completed because of some error.

I went ahead and tried to install from xp cd, loaded SATA drivers from floppy, cd started loading but then hangs up at "setup is starting windows"

I've never used SATA before, and I'm not sure if there is anything else I can check or try. If so please let me know, thanks for any suggestions

Relevancy 86.49%

Im at the last part and it seems to be froze, it says "completing installation" its doing nothing, the little "..." at the end of the text are still going but thats it, is this normal?

Im installing through a USB.

A:"Completing Installation"... FROZEE!! wtf how do i fix this

I take it your installing win 7 from usb, should take around 25-30 minutes.

and the screen will look like it has froze at certain points of the installation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/121735-completing-installation-frozee-wtf-how-do-i-fix.html
Relevancy 85.25%

Hi Everyone I have a very severe issue due to which my Dell Inspiron Laptop is in nbsp dead state since last one month I bought this Laptop in from UK Everything was ok until last month when first windows user login screen took extraordinary time to show up and then when I restarted my Laptop Windows refused to start hangs 1564 is on DELL Windows" Starting Inspiron "Setup Re-installation 7 Windows at giving me following Windows 7 Re-installation on DELL Inspiron 1564 hangs at "Setup is Starting Windows" nbsp error windows failed to start a recent hardware or nbsp software change might be a cause if windows files have been damage or configured incorrectly start up can help diagnosis and fix the problem if power was interpted during start up choose start window normally From Dell Windows Reinstallation DVD which came with the Laptop I made bootable USB as my optical drive does not work to reinstall windows but after quot window is loading files quot screen when I click on Reinstall windows link it stucks there like forever It just shows message quot Setup is Starting Windows quot I have waited for to hours but it does not proceed further Someone please tell me what could be the reason for this Thank in Advance nbsp

A:Windows 7 Re-installation on DELL Inspiron 1564 hangs at "Setup is Starting Windows"

HAMMI_SAIF,
Try going into the bios by starting the computer and tapping the F2 key. Once in the bios navigate to the Advanced tab and down to SATA Operation. Change the setting to ATA. Save the changes on exit. See if you can then install Windows. If so, you will need to go back in and change this back once Windows is installed.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19993292
Relevancy 84.63%

I tried loading windows 7 on my Dell Inspiron Mini, it says completing installation but after an hour it doesn't change, windows 7 hangs up on installation.
Any advice would be appreciated.

A:windows 7 hangs up on completing installation

Hello & Welcome to Tech Guy Forum.

Please provide us with:
model & model # of your Dell Mini
W7 version; 32 or 64 bit; SP 0 or 1
W7 disk source: from Dell, from Microsoft; from 3rd party
[ There are some bootleg copies of W7 that will result in this kind of problem ]
What's on your screen when the system stalls: has the W7 splash screen appeared; have you logged in; has the desktop appeared; has W7 run for the 1st time?

Did you re-format the HDD?
Is this a new HDD?
Did this computer ship with W7? Which W7?
Please describe the circumstances regarding this W7 install.

edit:
Would you describe yourself as a beginning, intermediate or advanced computer user?
end edit

RF123

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-hangs-up-on-completing-installation.1087859/
Relevancy 83.7%

Hi, my friend's laptop hard drive has crashed and I bought a 320gb hard drive and I replaced the hard drive. I booted from the Vista install disk, created and formatted a new partition, and now the installation goes fine and hangs at completing installation. The laptop is an HP Pavilion dv6830us. I am fairly new to problems like this and need help!

A:Windows vista hangs at Completing Installation.....

Are you certain the problem was the hd? What were the symptoms?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/412568/windows-vista-hangs-at-completing-installation/
Relevancy 83.7%

Hello I'm very new to these forums and I joined because I have reached my wit's end with this issue I've scoured the internet doing research and tried many possible solutions none of which have been successful so far Any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated The problem I of Windows OCZ after Agility Hangs at Boot SSD 7 "Starting Windows" 3 Installation recently purchased a OCZ Agility solid state drive for my system I'm an audio engineer and the Windows 7 Boot Hangs at "Starting Windows" after Installation of OCZ Agility 3 SSD plan was to use it as a recording mixing drive I wasn't planning to install Windows on the SSD but keep the Windows 7 Boot Hangs at "Starting Windows" after Installation of OCZ Agility 3 SSD OS installed on my current HDD So I installed the Agility without a fuss powered up my system and even transferred some files over to it and worked off of it However the next day after work upon booting up my system it got hung up at the Windows loading screen where it sports the logo and says quot Starting Windows quot I haven't been able to fully boot my computer since and it has been consistently getting caught at that same exact spot What I've tried In chronological order - Startup repair from HDD - Startup repair from original installation disk - System restore from original installation disk - Chkdsk c r command via command prompt from original installation disk - CMOS reset on motherboard - BIOS reset to defaults - Physical removal of CMOS battery from motherboard I haven't tried to restore from a disk image because unfortunately the external hard drive containing my disk image died Computer Specs Motherboard Asus M N SLI Deluxe CPU AMD Athlon X Memory GB DDR Graphics Cards Two Nvidia GeForce GT's connected via SLI bridge Hard Drives Hitachi Deskstar rpm MB cache TB drive Older Western Digital Caviar rpm GB drive OCZ Agility GB SSD Operating System Windows Professional SP Bit installed on the Hitachi Software IS OEM I don't understand why simply installing a new hard drive would cause another drive to malfunction I think the problem might actually lie in the motherboard I noticed that when I was in the BIOS menu the Hitachi drive with Windows installed on it wasn't showing up and neither was my SSD only the older WD drive was If there's something I'm missing or if I've somehow seriously messed up my system any closure at all in this situation would be much appreciated Is there any solution that doesn't end in data loss or a reformat

A:Windows 7 Boot Hangs at "Starting Windows" after Installation of OCZ Agility 3 SSD

The purpose of having an SSD drive is to boot faster and have a more stable OS then on SATA type of drive. Using an SSD drive as storage or for working in your audio program does not make it any faster.
When you install and SSD drive, you have to change the HDD mode to AHCI to get the computer to recognize the drive. If Windows was installed on a normal SATA drive without AHCI/Raid Mode, it would make the Windows drive unbootable or possibly BSOD.
Check in the Bios to see what the HDD mode is. Also check in the Boot priority to see which SATA port is booting first and if the ports the rest of your HDD's use are Enabled.
We Suggest, installing Windows 7 and your recording program on the SSD drive, and saving all of your files to a large SATA storage drive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-boot-hangs-at-starting-windows-after-installation-of-ocz-agility-3-ssd-649262.html
Relevancy 83.39%

I'm upgrading my computer from a windows xp professional to a windows 7 professional OEM 64-bit and I'm on the part that says "completing installation..." when I got to this part my keyboard and mouse was unresponsive, as in I couldn't move the cursor, is this normal? I don't think the process froze because the elipsees (...) are still going. Also an additional question, how long is the completing installation part? It's taking forever.

A:"Completing installation"

It's been 7 hours on this part, I thought the expanding part took long this completing installation is the longest by far, I'm gonna leave it over night and hopefully it'll finish. If it doesn't I'm gonna have to return it and just get XP professional 64 bit.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/72536-completing-installation.html
Relevancy 82.77%

Just for the record...Windows Vista Sucks.....Anyway I had installed XP using a slipstream with the Intel Matrix Storage driver on it and cleared the Vista Installation that came with my computer. After doing this i found that a lot of the drivers didnt work. So i tried reinstalling Vista and it constantly hangs on "Completing Installation". Any Ideas? I dont have a floppy so i will need to slipstream if i have to.

A:Windows Vista Hangs At "completing Installation" On Install

Come on guys....wheres all the computer geniuses out there...i need your help!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/102732/windows-vista-hangs-at-completing-installation-on-install/
Relevancy 82.46%

Hello,
I have been trying to install windows 7 Professional on a laptop I received that came with Windows 8.
The laptop is an Acer Aspire V3-572G.

I tried following this guide:
Downgrade Windows 8 to Windows 7

I get to step 5 where you boot from the UEFI drive (a USB created with Rufus in my case) and it loads the windows files, then displays the "starting windows" screen and then hangs.

I have also tried installing with another USB created with the Microsoft utility for making a bootable USB. For this one I set legacy mode in the BIOS and then tried to boot from the USB. When I do this it says that there is no bootable device.

Since neither of these approaches worked I am feeling pretty stuck and was hoping people had some possible solutions to the problems I have encountered.

Thanks!

A:Windows 7 Downgrade Installation Hangs on "Starting Windows"

If you're sure you followed exactly the steps in Option One of UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows
then it might come down to the BIOS settings. Besides disabling Secure Boot, it often requires some level of CSM or Legacy BIOS. We can usually spot these settings if you will take camera snaps of any settings on Advanced, Security and Boot tabs of BIOS setup that pertain to UEFI, Legacy BIOS, CSM and BIOS Boot Priority order. Expand each related setting so we can see the choices. Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/356825-windows-7-downgrade-installation-hangs-starting-windows.html
Relevancy 81.84%

I'm trying to installing Windows 7 RC Build 7100, it hangs at Completing Installation after restarting...

I've installed it before the exact same way, with the same disk on the same computer. I've tried it like 5 times or more by now, so I just put xp on here for now.

The ... keeps moving and I can move the mouse, also left it there for like 5 hours last night but never did anything. Almost like straight away after restarting it changes the resolution of my screen and thats it.

A:Installation Hangs At Completing Installation.

Are you booting from the DVD to install or runing from desktop?

Try booting and formatting the drive. You need to use Win7 formatting as XP is different.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/40917-installation-hangs-completing-installation.html
Relevancy 80.91%

recently installed windows on an old Gateway x Wanted to put XP Pro back on it so went ahead booted from disk formatted the computer restarted as usual to complete installation but never made it past quot boot hangs to key installation any disk...." "press forever XP from press any key to boot from disk quot I let it sit for like an hour even though I knew time wouldn t help What could be the problem I read somewhere about pressing F when the XP cd XP installation hangs "press any key to boot from disk...." forever first loads to install SATA RAID drivers but my drives are IDE Also if I do try to quot press any key quot after the formatting has finished and the computer restarts nothing happens The only fix i ve found is to put in the windows dvd I have and reformat with it - then reboot with xp disk Then when I push quot any key quot to boot from disk the usual XP setup dialog blue screen comes up Anyone have any ideas I ve googled my brains out trying to get an answer so this is my last resort nbsp

A:XP installation hangs "press any key to boot from disk...." forever

The only thing I can think of is a bad XP Install disk although it will boot when you first install which is the only time you should "press any key".. Other than that it could be something with your keyboard not being sensed at that time, try a different keyboard. Problems like this are sometimes only solved by process of elimination.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-installation-hangs-press-any-key-to-boot-from-disk-forever.134664/
Relevancy 80.6%

Hey, I'm doing a clean install of windows pro sp2 and During the GUI installation, While it say Installing devices and "Setup will complete in approximately: 34 Minutes" The screen goes black and it shows an ascii smiley face.
it then shows me a BSOD that says
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
I have tried all of my ram, and that's not the problem.

Please help me. I want to install windows, but i can't!

A:Installation of Pro SP2 hangs at 34 minutes "installing devices"

Hi heroman87

The smiley face and blank screen rather sound like Power Management and screen saver features. Is this a laptop computer? If so, wipe the drive & try the installation again: make sure to enter the Bios beforehand, and check on the Power Management functions - make sure that when plugged in by the AC adapter, no power management features are needed. Make sure to have the AC adapter plugged in during the installation also.

If you see that error again, write down the full error message and post it here.

If you are reinstalling because of malware infections, you might want to boot the computer with a bootable CD that has some antivirus tools on it, and make sure the computer's Bios - and any additional drives in the system - are free of infection. Bootable CDs such as the "Ultimate Boot CD" ( Linux-based --- http://www.ultimatebootcd.com ) and "Ultimate Boot CD For Windows" aka UBCD4Win (Bart's PE-based --- http://www.ubcd4win.com ) or perhaps a "Knoppix" disk (which is a Linux "Live CD" - runs entirely from the CD) work for this sort of thing.

Best of luck
. . . Gary

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installation-of-pro-sp2-hangs-at-34-minutes-installing-devices-138479.html
Relevancy 110.51%

Dear friends,

I've got this big problem: when installing the windows 8, everything is fine until some point, ( everything goes as it should have, as on the other PC of mine). The setup "stops" after the configuring devices post. When it finishes configuring, the screen goes black, after which (in about 10 minutes) the PC restarts, then after Windows 8 logo everything goes black and stays that way for infinity. I left the PC on for night, nothing happens.

The 7 installs just fine, without any problems. Any suggestions?

A:Installation "hangs", nothing happens, black screen

Welcome to EightForums.

Windows 8 has incompatibility with older 64 bit Intel/AMD processors, & some Video/Graphic Cards.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/16073-installation-hangs-nothing-happens-black-screen.html
Relevancy 110.08%

Hello First let me tell you about my system nbsp nbsp This is an Inspiron E laptop with the T Core Duo processor running at GHZ nbsp nbsp It has GB of RAM and a brand new GB Hitachi Travelstar hard drive RPM nbsp nbsp It also has the GeForce Go GS video card nbsp nbsp nbsp It previously had Windows XP Professional bit and worked fine nbsp nbsp But I have three computers in my home and home office with E1705/9400 Inspiron Windows with entries exclamation "Base Device" my under point two Devices" "Other on - Installation New System Minor for Problem yellow 7 and would like them all to work better together on my wired home network so I am upgrading all three to Windows nbsp nbsp My two desktops one is Dimension XPS and the other is Dimension XPS seem like they will be no problem to upgrade to Windows nbsp nbsp But this laptop was not listed on Dell s Windows Compatibility List nbsp nbsp However the Windows Upgrade Advisor that I downloaded and ran seemed to say that Minor Problem with New Windows 7 Installation on my Inspiron E1705/9400 - two entries for "Base System Device" under "Other Devices" with yellow exclamation point it was OK to do a clean install of bit Windows and it only Minor Problem with New Windows 7 Installation on my Inspiron E1705/9400 - two entries for "Base System Device" under "Other Devices" with yellow exclamation point had a few minor concerns where it said to check for updated drivers from the manufacturer nbsp nbsp The laptop originally came with a GB hard drive nbsp nbsp For my use that is getting very small so I decided to get the same exact RPM drive in the GB size nbsp nbsp This will allow me to do a clean install of the bit Windows OS on the new hard drive and not have to wipe the old drive to do it nbsp nbsp I can just hold onto the old HD and stick it back in whenever I might need to get something off of it So here is my minor problem nbsp nbsp After transferring a few needed items off the old hard drive I installed the new GB drive and did a clean install of the bit version of Windows nbsp nbsp nbsp I m happy to report that I had virtually no problems with the installation and everything appears to be working fine nbsp nbsp It seems a little bit more zippy than it was before and I haven t run into anything so far that doesn t seem to be working nbsp nbsp I have gone through most of the features and most everything looks great nbsp nbsp But there is one minor problem showing in the Device Manager nbsp nbsp At least I think it s a minor problem but maybe someone else can give me some input as to whether it is or not In the Device Manager List there is a category now called quot Other Devices quot and the icon shows a little white circle with a question mark in it nbsp nbsp nbsp When you expand this category you see two identical entries that say nbsp nbsp quot Base System Device quot nbsp and the icon has a yellow circle with an exclamation point in it nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp I know from previous experience that it s not a good thing to see items in the Device Manager that have a yellow circle with an exclamation point nbsp nbsp I have clicked on both of these and neither one really tells you what the device is or who made it or who s website you would go to for a driver nbsp nbsp nbsp Under the general tab it has the following information nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Device Type nbsp nbsp nbsp - nbsp nbsp nbsp Other Devices nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Manufacturer nbsp nbsp - nbsp nbsp Unknown nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Location nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PCI Bus nbsp Device nbsp Function nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Under De... Read more

A:Minor Problem with New Windows 7 Installation on my Inspiron E1705/9400 - two entries for "Base System Device" under "Other Devices" with yellow exclamation point

BTW, I just downloaded and installed the driver pack from that ftp location and it worked, even for Windows 8.1 - 64 bit.
Thanks Steve!

Roger

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19313275
Relevancy 109.65%

So i am installing Windows 7 Home Premium x32-bit to my laptop, which right now has Ultimate installed. I am trying to do a clean install. Every time i go trough the options, i never receive the window asking for type of installation (upgrade or clean install). image related.

I don't know if it's because i am have no way to upgrade. I tried this on another laptop that had windows vista, and it did not give me the option either. After installing Windows 7, i had some previous files show up on my newly install windows 7 laptop. I am planning on selling my laptop, and i don't want any of my files on the PC.

Thank you.

A:Installation of Windows 7 "no option for custom installation"

Download Darrick's Boot and Nuke (DBAN). Use it as input to a program like ImgBurn to create a bootable CD.

Boot it. When you get to the prompt, type autonuke and press Enter. Let it run for a few minutes. That will wipe out the MBR (Master Boot Record) and the Partition Table so the drive will be unallocated, unformatted (RAW).

Now start your install by booting the Win 7 install DVD. It will take care of everything for you and there will be nothing left of your data.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/287915-installation-windows-7-no-option-custom-installation.html
Relevancy 108.79%

I am trying to install Microsoft Works 2000 onto a Windows Me machine. However about half way through the installation process it stops and says "Setup could not launch MDAC Installation" So I went to microsoft's MDAC page and downloaded the current MDAC version, installed it, however i'm still getting the same error message when I try to install MS Works 2000. Anybody know how to fix this problem?

A:Microsoft Works 2000 installation Problem "Setup couldn't Launch MDAC Installation"

http://www.computing.net/office/wwwboard/forum/1130.html

Not sure if that will work for you or not........

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-works-2000-installation-problem-setup-couldnt-launch-mdac-installation.157688/
Relevancy 108.79%

I am trying to install Microsoft Works 2000 onto a Windows Me machine. However about half way through the installation process it stops and says "Setup could not launch MDAC Installation" So I went to microsoft's MDAC page and downloaded the current MDAC version, installed it, however i'm still getting the same error message when I try to install MS Works 2000. Anybody know how to fix this problem?

A:Microsoft Works 2000 installation Problem "Setup couldn't Launch MDAC Installation"

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=157688

Please post only once. Closing duplicate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-works-2000-installation-problem-setup-couldnt-launch-mdac-installation.157690/
Relevancy 107.93%

Hello, I have a desktop here where any type of OS installations won't work. If installing Windows the installation get stuck at "Starting Windows" or can't find installation media.During the hang, my hard drive makes a clicking noise for like 10 secs and then stops. If installing Linux distributions, the installation reports that the device for the media is not ready. Any help is appreciated

PC
Acer Aspire AX1430G-UW30P
AMD E-450 dual core processor
AMD Radeon HD 6300 graphics

BTW im not sure if it's BIOS because I don't know if it's UEFI or EFI

A:Windows installation stuck at "Starting Windows" or "Device not ready" for linux

The clicking sound could be a bad HDD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-installation-stuck-at-starting-windows-or-device-not-ready-for-linux-1143458.html
Relevancy 107.93%

Hi guys Its exactly what it says on the tin vista is being this Installation again) Completing Vista at Hangs (yes vista and hanging at completing installation here's what i've tried replaced hdd - didn't work replaced ram - didn't work tried to install windows - hung at expanding files so its a toshiba satellite L - U with a pentium dual core inside apparently the BIOS has no advanced options for the HDD drivers or Vista Hangs at Completing Installation (yes this again) anything unless theres a back door entrance i dont know about its previously had vista basic installed before and a virus killed it completely i'm using a gb stick of ram that was previously on this laptop see specs under my name which i upgraded the gb stick in previously i took out to see if that was the problem nothing pugged into the usb slots whilst installing soooooo really its doing my head in because everything i googled was nothing to do with this laptop's BIOS options and as i said above replaced things that can be replaced Any ideas guys i really need this laptop up and running Much Love Steven P S there is no OS on board to update drivers and if anyone suggests booting linux i dont know how to use linux and would appreciate a step by step

A:Vista Hangs at Completing Installation (yes this again)

Are you installing Vista onto the new HDD using the genuine OEM (Toshiba) Vista recovery DVDs?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-hangs-at-completing-installation-yes-this-again-528524.html
Relevancy 107.93%

I attempted a windows 7 install on an x64 and x32 system several times with the same result. The Upgrade runs until the last stage and then hangs. I looked at the logs but didn't see any errors. All my systems are custom built using Vista ultimate OEM additions.
I was successful installing the software as a new install
I updated all the drivers

This was an Upgrade.

A:install hangs at completing installation

Hi jimk and welcome to the forums,

Can you fill in your system specs so we can help you better, it's the link on the bottom of your post. Is this a Upgrade install that you are having problems with or a fresh install?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/4411-install-hangs-completing-installation.html
Relevancy 107.93%

I have a HP Pavilion DV ee it came with preinstalled vista home and there was one application which i used to remove the unused space in the recovery partition and i some how managed to add the space back to my recovery partionn I tried doing a vista ultimate new install becouse upgrade was disabled Everything went smooth until the laptop rebooted during vista installation and hangs installation hangs at vista completing at completing installation vista hangs at completing installation I tried formatting the partition and tried again hangs again vista hangs at completing installation and i tried on new HDD still the same I dont have the recovery disc I dont understand what i am missing this laptop was working with vista before now i am not able to install it i didnt change the BIOS it is FE from HP Now the problem is i am not able to use the recovery option from the HPRECOVERY partition and i am not able to install new Vista also I need help in getting back to Vista on my laptop

A:vista hangs at completing installation

Hi, you may have removed the MFT (Master file table) on the recovery partition when you played with it (something you are not meant to do) Contact HP they will provide you with a recovery disk (for a nominal charge).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-hangs-at-completing-installation-399616.html
Relevancy 106.64%

MY SPECS Aus A N-e SLI mobo Intel Core Duo E GHz CORSAIR XMS GB x GB -Pin DDR DDR PC - - - WD GB SATA Evga Geforce GTS Superclocked MB Nothing special -------------------------------- PROBLEM I cannot get installation Vista completing hangs on Ultimate Vista Ultimate to install with this computer Installing XP or works Vista Ultimate hangs on completing installation fine Vista goes through the steps of copying extracting etc then reboots amp it HANGS on the 'completing installation' stage I have googled the hell out of this problem and I have come up with several possible solutions None of them have worked I have tried sata cd dvd-rom-- gt sata hd install sata cd dvd-rom-- gt ide hd install ide cd dvd-rom-- gt sata hd install amp ide cd dvd-rom-- gt ide hd install All of these come up with the same result of it just hanging on the completing installation part I guess I should also note when it's on the completing installation part my mouse freezes for about second every - seconds I only have a KB mouse both PS connected to PC no other devices besides monitor I have also tried installing with just of Vista Ultimate hangs on completing installation my memory sticks too Memtest returns no errors on my RAM which they work PERFECTLY fine in xp anyway The Vista install DVD works on several other machines Vista Ultimate hangs on completing installation I have tried it on I am running BIOS from asus website nd latest that is out I don't need the latest one i think it is b c it only adds support for new devices none of which i have The several posts around the web have suggested most of the things I have covered here If anyone has any more suggestions then please let me know I'm pretty stumped as to why I cannot get Vista on this machine I really want the DX for my games Not only do I want vista for my games I just want Vista period I like Vista a hell of a lot more than I do XP heh And that's not something you hear all of the time these days

A:Vista Ultimate hangs on completing installation

did you try upgradeing from WinXP platform to vista... what happens then ?? and can u please give me the product link for the ASUS board ?? the A5N-E SLi ?? as far as I know under Intel 775 platform there is only P5N series which supported the core 2 duo range...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-ultimate-hangs-on-completing-installation-202621.html
Relevancy 105.35%

I have tried everything i found on the internet remove unnecessary devices update bios update dvd-rom firmware Here is my config Code Intel Core Duo E MHz x Gigabyte GA- P-S BIOS F Mb DIMM OCZ Gold XTC OCZ G G DIMM OCZ Titanium XTC OCZ T IO G NVIDIA GeForce GS ViewSonic G f- CRT Seagate Barracuda GB Optiarc DVD RW AD- A installation(clean on install) Vista completing hangs SCSI CdRom Device Sata hard drive is working in IDE mode here Vista hangs on completing installation(clean install) is error log i don t understand Vista hangs on completing installation(clean install) anything help me please Code - - Error x e IBSLIB Either lt InstallTo gt or lt InstallToAvailablePartition gt must be specified for lt ImageInstall gt lt OSImage gt section in a clean install gle x - - Error x IBS The specified metadata selected images expecting precisely one to be selected - - Error x f IBS SelectOsImageImp Failed to resolve the metadata for os images - - Error CBS Pkgmgr Install Drivers Offline Callback ERROR Failed to find driver packages at 'C PnPdrvrs ' Error code HRESULT x - - Error CBS Pkgmgr Install Drivers Offline Callback ERROR Failed to find driver packages at 'D PnPdrvrs ' Error code HRESULT x - - Error CBS Pkgmgr Install Drivers Offline Callback ERROR Failed to find driver packages at 'E PnPdrvrs ' Error code HRESULT x - - Error CBS Pkgmgr Install Drivers Offline Callback ERROR Failed to stage driver 'F PnPdrvrs Audio Vista hangs on completing installation(clean install) creative SB Live -bit ks inf' HRESULT x F A Error code HRESULT x a - - Error CBS Pkgmgr Install Drivers Offline Callback ERROR Failed to install driver package 'F PnPdrvrs Audio creative SB Live -bit ks inf' Error code HRESULT x a - - Error CBS Pkgmgr Install Drivers Offline Callback ERROR Failed to stage driver 'F PnPdrvrs Audio creative SB Live -bit oem inf' HRESULT x Error code HRESULT x - - Error CBS Pkgmgr Install Drivers Offline Callback ERROR Failed to install driver package 'F PnPdrvrs Audio creative SB Live -bit oem inf' Error code HRESULT x - - Error CBS Pkgmgr Install Drivers Offline Callback ERROR Failed to stage driver 'F PnPdrvrs Audio SoundMAX ks inf' HRESULT x F A Error code HRESULT x a - - Error CBS Pkgmgr Install Drivers Offline Callback ERROR Failed to install driver package 'F PnPdrvrs Audio SoundMAX ks inf' Error code HRESULT x a - - Error CBS Pkgmgr Install Drivers Offline Callback ERROR Failed to determine the class of INF 'F PnPdrvrs Lan via winsetup NTSetup inf' Error code HRESULT xe - - Error CBS Pkgmgr Install Drivers Offline Callback ERROR Failed to determine if 'F PnPdrvrs Lan via winsetup NTSetup inf' is boot critical Error code HRESULT x - - Error CBS Pkgmgr Install Drivers Offline Callback ERROR Failed to install driver package 'F PnPdrvrs Lan via winsetup NTSetup inf' Error code HRESULT xe - - Error CBS Pkgmgr Install Drivers Offline Callback ERROR Failed to determine the class of INF 'F PnPdrvrs Masstorage intel PREPARE IMSM PRE inf' Error code HRESULT xe - - Error CBS Pkgmgr Install Drivers Offline Callback ERROR Failed to determine if 'F PnPdrvrs Masstorage intel PREPARE IMSM PRE inf' is boot critical Error code HRESULT x - - Error CBS Pkgmgr Install Drivers Offline Callback ERROR Failed to install driver package 'F PnPdrvrs Masstorage intel PREPARE IMSM PRE inf' Error code HRESULT xe - - Error CBS Pkgmgr Install Drivers Offline Callback ERROR Failed to stage driver 'F PnPdrvrs Monitors CHICONY SNP UVC INF' HRESULT x Error code HRESULT x - - Error CBS Pkgmgr Install Drivers Offline Callback ERROR Failed to install driver package 'F PnPdrvrs Monitors CHICONY SNP UVC INF' Error code HRESULT x - - Error CBS Pkgmgr Install Drivers Offline Callback ERROR Failed to stage driver 'F PnPdrvrs Monitors D-MAX A SNP UVC INF' HRESULT x Error code HRESULT x - - Error CBS Pkgmgr Install Drivers Offline Callback ERROR Failed to install driver package 'F PnPdrvrs Monitors D-MAX A SNP UVC INF' Error code HRESULT x - - Error CBS Pkgmgr Install Dri... Read more

A:Vista hangs on completing installation(clean install)

I see that all of the errors report a problem with a driver on the "F" Drive.
Is this the drive that Vista is installed on or the DVD drive?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-hangs-on-completing-installation-clean-install.754838/
Relevancy 105.35%

Hey everyone My Problem I have a free GB slice of my GB hard drive which I intend to use for Vista Ultimate I insert the Ultimate 'Completing Vista on hangs Installation' Ultimate Solved: DVD the files load and the installer starts Everything runs smoothly I create and format the GB partition and begin installation It copies the files unpacks them reboots once successfully and then hangs for hours on completing installation I ve waited for it overnight on two occasions Both times I was met with a blank black screen and an active cursor When I hard-boot I make it to Solved: Vista Ultimate hangs on 'Completing Installation' the green windows loading Solved: Vista Ultimate hangs on 'Completing Installation' bar which hiccups regularly Vista never loads I ve waited for hours and rebooted numerous times My System I ve got an ASUS P N-E SLI motherboard with an Intel Core Duo E GHz I ve got GB of Transcend JETRAM Cheap but well-reviewed DDR SDRAM a Solved: Vista Ultimate hangs on 'Completing Installation' GeForce GTS MB video card and a watt power supply Nothing in PCI I ve got a Seagate Barracuda GB SATA hard drive and some Samsung DVD burner that no longer appears on their website though the manual is still available for download I ve got nothing besides a Logitech PS mouse and USB keyboard and a Sceptre monitor hooked up to the via DVI I m running Ubuntu Gutsy on a GB partition I m using Linux for homework and web browsing for now but I bought the for DX gaming and am very eager to get Vista working I ve Tried Using GParted to write other filesystems over the failed Vista partition and then deleting them prior to trying again I heard that Windows has a hard time getting rid of itself This didn t help I tried installing to an older GB hard drive via IDE This was to see how much of the problem had to do with SATA drivers The same thing happened All was well but it never completed installation I found many posters on tech support forums with similar problems A few people who managed to solve their problems did so by disabling certain features in the BIOS CPU active temperature regulation etc Every time I went into my BIOS to disable the problem feature I found it to be disabled by default I also checked out this thread and this thread on the Tech Support Guy Forums but didn t find anything that helped I would appreciate any advice you could give me I m at my wit s end and am really hoping to have this tackled by the end of the week I ve got that Crysis demo waiting for me Thank you all for your consideration Serent nbsp

A:Solved: Vista Ultimate hangs on 'Completing Installation'

I solved this problem by nuking my hard drive and reinstalling Vista to the entire 250GB partition. It worked the first time.

I still don't know what caused the freezing in the first place, but Vista's working wonderfully now. I guess it just doesn't like to share.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-ultimate-hangs-on-completing-installation.647927/
Relevancy 105.35%

Hey everyone My Problem I have a free GB slice of my GB hard drive which I intend to use for Vista Ultimate I insert the Ultimate on hangs [SOLVED] Ultimate 'Completing Vista Installation' DVD the files load and [SOLVED] Vista Ultimate hangs on 'Completing Installation' the installer starts Everything [SOLVED] Vista Ultimate hangs on 'Completing Installation' runs smoothly I create and format the GB partition and begin installation It copies the files unpacks them reboots once successfully and then hangs for hours on 'completing installation ' I've waited for it overnight on two occasions Both times I was met with a blank black screen and an active cursor When I hard-boot I make it to the green windows loading bar which hiccups regularly Vista never loads I've waited for hours and rebooted numerous times My System I've got an ASUS P N-E SLI motherboard with an Intel Core Duo E GHz I've got GB of Transcend JETRAM Cheap but well-reviewed DDR SDRAM a GeForce GTS MB video card and a watt power supply Nothing in PCI I've got a Seagate Barracuda GB SATA hard drive and some Samsung DVD burner that no longer appears on their website though the manual is still available for download I've got nothing besides a Logitech PS mouse and USB keyboard and a Sceptre monitor hooked up to the via DVI I'm running Ubuntu Gutsy on a GB partition I'm using Linux for homework and web browsing for now but I bought the for DX gaming and am very eager to get Vista working I've Tried Using GParted to write other filesystems over the failed Vista partition and then deleting them prior to trying again I heard that Windows has a hard time getting rid of itself This didn't help I tried installing to an older GB hard drive via IDE This was to see how much of the problem had to do with SATA drivers The same thing happened All was well but it never completed installation I found many posters on tech support forums with similar problems The only people who managed to solve their problems did so by disabling certain features in the BIOS CPU active temperature regulation etc Every time I went into my BIOS to disable the problem feature I found it to be disabled by default I would appreciate any advice you could give me I'm at my wit's end and am really hoping to have this tackled by the end of the week I've got that Crysis demo waiting for me Thank you all for your consideration Cameo

A:[SOLVED] Vista Ultimate hangs on 'Completing Installation'

Im having a similar problem. i got the same mobo, an 8800GT, and a quad core 2.40Ghz GO.

Please anyone give us some help, the bios revision im using is the default 0703. Regards!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-vista-ultimate-hangs-on-completing-installation-192943.html
Relevancy 104.92%

Microsoft Office 2016 won't finish installing, it has been stuck on "finalizing installation. This may take a few minutes" for over a half an hour now. the progress bar is about three quarters full and has been for more than a half an hour. I googled the problem but only junk results came up. I googled the message again in quotes but only results pertaining to Office XP and Windows XP showed up, way too old and outdated to be of any relevance now days.

Can anybody help me get the ball rolling?

This is an ASUS T100TA Windows tablet

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/54213-office-2016-installation-stuck-finalizing-installation.html
Relevancy 99.76%

Hi Everyone Here I post OS to "AHCI" installation "IDE" XP to How mode change from am going to descibe how How to change XP from "IDE" to "AHCI" mode post OS installation to change Windows XP from using quot IDE quot to quot AHCI quot mode post OS installation If your looking to install an SSD into a Windows XP computer you will likely find these instructions invaluable Most XP computers due to their vintage are running in quot IDE quot mode and it turns out that SSDs perform best when running in quot AHCI quot mode The root of what follows comes from these instructions so credit to those who deserve it Also thanks go out to Alexoiu who pointed me in the right direction here INSTRUCTIONS Download the appropriate SATA driver from your motherboard manufacturers site the file is typically quite small mine was under Mb Extract the file to your hard drive Locate the ahcix sys file you may need to uncheck quot Hide extensions for known file types quot in order to see the correct file Copy ahcix sys Paste ahcix sys into System Drivers typcially C Windows System Drivers Download Add AHCI to XP Post Installation reg to a convenient location Double click on the Registry file to install it Click on quot Yes quot when the screen below is presented - Click on quot OK quot when the screen below is presented - Shutdown Turn the computer on whilst tapping on DEL F Relevant Key per motherboard to enter the BIOS settings Set the BIOS IDE mode to AHCI it was likely set to IDE or Legacy IDE Exit the BIOS saving changes this results in the computer rebooting again Once Windows XP starts you will be prompted to install drivers - a Check quot No not this time quot when the screen below is presented - b Click on quot Next quot c Uncheck quot Search removable media d Check quot Include this location in the search quot e Click on Browse f Navigate to the folder which contains ahcix sys Same file as Step g Click on OK h Click on Next i Follow any prompts to install that may be presented j Once the driver is installed successfully you will see the screen below or one that is similar depending on your chipset - k Click on quot Finish quot Reboot your computer one last time If you don t reboot straight away XP will often prompt you to reboot shortly after the ahcix sys driver is installed Congratulation you are now running in AHCI mode and can enjoy the full potential of your SSD Kind Regards Davo P S Paragon Migrate OS to SSD is excellent software for migrating from mechanical drives to SSDs I have personally used it on at least computers of those were Windows and one was Windows XP on all occasions the software has performed flawlessly I am not associated with Paragon but praise is deserved for this software package nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-change-xp-from-ide-to-ahci-mode-post-os-installation.1106746/
Relevancy 99.76%

Hi Everyone to post OS "IDE" from mode installation XP change How to "AHCI" Here I am going to descibe how to change Windows XP from using quot IDE quot to quot AHCI quot mode post OS installation If your looking to install an SSD into a Windows XP computer you will likely find these instructions invaluable Most XP computers due to their vintage are running in quot IDE quot mode and it turns out that SSDs perform best How to change XP from "IDE" to "AHCI" mode post OS installation when running in quot AHCI quot mode The root of what follows comes from these instructions so credit to those who deserve it Also thanks go out to Alexoiu who pointed me in the right direction here INSTRUCTIONS Download the appropriate SATA driver from your motherboard manufacturers site the file is typically quite small mine was under Mb Extract the file to How to change XP from "IDE" to "AHCI" mode post OS installation your hard drive Locate the ahcix sys file you may need to uncheck quot Hide extensions for known file types quot in order to see the correct file Copy ahcix sys Paste ahcix sys into System Drivers typcially C Windows System Drivers Download Add AHCI to XP Post Installation reg to a convenient location Double click on the Registry file to install it Click on quot Yes quot when the screen below is presented - Click on quot OK quot when the screen below is presented - Shutdown Turn the computer on whilst tapping on DEL F Relevant Key per motherboard to enter the BIOS settings Set the BIOS IDE mode to AHCI it was likely set to IDE or Legacy IDE Exit the BIOS saving changes this results in the computer rebooting again Once Windows XP starts you will be prompted to install drivers - a Check quot No not this time quot when the screen below is presented - b Click on quot Next quot c Uncheck quot Search removable media d Check quot Include this location in the search quot e Click on Browse f Navigate to the folder which contains ahcix sys Same file as Step g Click on OK h Click on Next i Follow any prompts to install that may be presented j Once the driver is installed successfully you will see the screen below or one that is similar depending on your chipset - k Click on quot Finish quot Reboot your computer one last time If you don't reboot straight away XP will often prompt you to reboot shortly after the ahcix sys driver is installed Congratulation you are now running in AHCI mode and can enjoy the full potential of your SSD Kind Regards Davo P S Paragon Migrate OS to SSD is excellent software for migrating from mechanical drives to SSDs I have personally used it on at least computers of those were Windows and one was Windows XP on all occasions the software has performed flawlessly I am not associated with Paragon but praise is deserved for this software package

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-change-xp-from-ide-to-ahci-mode-post-os-installation-705170.html
Relevancy 98.47%

Hi,
I have completed my first custom build computer everything so far has worked fine, but on attempting to install Windows 7 I keep running into this problem. I know this is a common error because of the large amount of forums discussing it, but I still see no fixes despite trying many of the suggestions. Please help!

My specs are:
MSI Motherboard 970A-G46
AMD FX-8350 CPU
(need to know any other specifics, let me know)

Thanks!!
J

A:Windows 7 Installation "required CD/DVD drive deivice driver is missing..."

The CD/DVD device driver is a part of Windows and is installed automatically. What type of CD/DVD drive do you have? Is it an IDE or is it SATA? Boot into Setup (Bios) is the drive listed there? If IDE, set the jumper pin to CS (cable select)
Try the Microsoft FixIt: Your CD drive or DVD drive is missing or is not recognized by Windows or other programs

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-installation-required-cd-dvd-drive-deivice-driver-is-missing-686439.html
Relevancy 98.47%

Note this is a mirror of "Finishing Setup Q963 After Intel Installation" Windows with 7 Freezes a very similar thread over on Windows 7 Setup Freezes After "Finishing Installation" with Intel Q963 the Microsoft forums So I got this Optiplex and figured I could just throw in a hard drive install Windows 7 Setup Freezes After "Finishing Installation" with Intel Q963 Windows and everything would be good This has actually been the most frustrating setup I've ever experienced - full details after the break specs Dell Optiplex Intel Core Duo Ghz GB of RAM MM KW Standard Motherboard Intel Q Graphics So like I said before I grabbed a hard drive and threw it in I discovered that I needed to change some settings in the BIOS that had been mucked up by the previous owner reset from a motherboard battery change perhaps by disabling the nonexistent floppy drive and enabling the SATA port that my fancy shmancy SATA hard drive was on Useless details aside I got things to a workable point and proceeded on to install Windows Everything went smoothly - I put the DVD in it asked me where I wanted to put Windows at so I cleared the drive and it got to work It went through all the checkboxes except for the last one and reported that it needed to reboot - still completely normal After a rebooty we got to the quot finishing installation quot phase and the screen blanked out at the point where it loads the graphic drivers to a black screen with no mouse The monitor's quot info quot button revealed that the computer was now outputting x to it which meant it had located the graphic driver Subsequent restarts of the computer would get you past the Windows logo but it would always lock up the computer the second it changed the resolution Safe mode is prohibited by the computer until setup is complete With this in mind I took the hard drive out and put it in a less troublesome computer and ran the setup with no network access After it was done I put the hard drive back in the Dell and to my surprise it started Of course since I had just transplanted the hard drive it went and installed drivers for fifty new things and suggested I restart the machine which I did Once it restarted the same thing happened as before which tells me hopefully I'm on the right tracks here that it is a driver problem Now I have the advantage of being able to use safemode though I booted inito safemode and just uninstalled the graphic drivers they dheidn't look like the generic ones and restarted This time it started hooray Of course the display was in x because we were using the generic driver but everything else was good I downloaded the driver from the Intel website which reads in device manager quot Intel R Q Q Express Chipset Family the stock one read quot Intel R Q Q Express Chipset Family Microsoft Corporation - WDDM quot After rebooting I discovered that the one from Intel's webpage does the same thing My question is this is there anywhere that I can get a proper working driver for the Intel Q graphics I would like to be able to use the computer outside of safemode Things I have tried Dell BIOS Update - Unsuccessful I'm running Bit Windows and it's one of those Windows based BIOS updates that refuses to run on a Bit version of Windows I was able to bypass this problem on a Lenovo computer by using Active BootDisc and run the installer from in there but I don't get anywhere with this one for some reason Any ideas Thanks a lot in advance - B

A:Windows 7 Setup Freezes After "Finishing Installation" with Intel Q963

Have you tried the Dell support site to see if they have the proper drivers for that PC with Win 7?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/209429-windows-7-setup-freezes-after-finishing-installation-intel-q963.html
Relevancy 98.47%

My aunt just purchased a Dell Inspiron 3455 all-in-one. After Windows installed I would do the basic set-up and set-up the wi-fi connection. Afterwards it would reboot then when it goes to the Windows "just a moment..." screen with the circle of animated dots it will stay on that screen and not do anything. I left it for hours and nothing happened. I tried the installation again without setting up an internet connection and same thing happens. 
What can I do to fix this problem?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19984766
Relevancy 98.47%

Hi Everyone I am currently attempting to install Windows on an SSD RAID Array and 7 installation" load for "Unable RAID to drivers Fixed Windows I have encountered several issues this has been a one step forward two steps backward affair The issue that I am currently facing is the fact that I am Fixed "Unable to load RAID drivers for Windows 7 installation" unable to load RAID drivers during the OS installation As is normal for this kind of installation I choose quot Custom quot and I cannot see any drives listed this is the point at which I click on quot Load Drivers quot and then I select quot Browse quot My challenge is that regardless of how I quot insert the drivers quot which is to say whether I put them on a separate USB drive FAT partitioned or take the Windows installation DVD out and insert a CD with drivers - I simply cannot navigate to the drivers Because I am unable to load the RAID drivers Fixed "Unable to load RAID drivers for Windows 7 installation" I simply cannot proceed with the OS installation Note As of writing this I came across a program called RT Seven Lite which has allowed me to create a quot slip streamed quot Windows installation - using the program I was able to integrate the troublesome drivers into the Windows installation disk Kind Regards David nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fixed-unable-to-load-raid-drivers-for-windows-7-installation.1078744/
Relevancy 98.47%

Hi Everyone I am currently attempting to install Windows on an SSD RAID Array and I have encountered several issues this has been to load "Unable Windows for Fixed installation" RAID 7 drivers a one step forward two steps backward affair The issue that I am currently facing is the fact that I am unable to load RAID drivers during the OS installation As is normal for this kind of installation I choose quot Custom quot and I cannot see any drives listed this is the point at which I click on quot Load Drivers quot and then I select quot Browse quot My challenge is that regardless of how I quot insert the drivers quot which is to say whether I put Fixed "Unable to load RAID drivers for Windows 7 installation" them on a separate USB drive FAT partitioned or take the Windows installation DVD out and insert a CD with drivers - I simply cannot navigate to the drivers Because I am unable to load the RAID drivers I simply cannot proceed with the OS installation Note As of writing this I came across a program called RT Seven Lite which Fixed "Unable to load RAID drivers for Windows 7 installation" has allowed me to create a quot slip streamed quot Windows installation - using the program I was able to integrate the troublesome drivers into the Windows installation disk Kind Regards David

A:Fixed "Unable to load RAID drivers for Windows 7 installation"

Did it work?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/266847-fixed-unable-load-raid-drivers-windows-7-installation.html
Relevancy 98.47%

Everytime I try to install windows, it skips the "Copying Window Files" within a couple of seconds to 100%. I've tried burning the disc image from another computer and even at a slower rate since I thought the disc was corrupt but this didn't help either. I even tried a bootable USB, no luck too. Even though the installation completes, I get to the screen where it says setting up computer for first time then it restarts never getting to the actual desktop screen. If anyone can help me out that'd be great

A:Windows Installation skips "Copying Window Files"

The Copying Files quickness is normal. The problem may be with a driver starting up.

Try entering the Device Manager during install to disable any erroring (!) drivers - likely the display driver: Device Manager - Access During Windows 7 Installation

If that fails wipe the HD before reinstall with Diskpart Clean Command to get the cleanest possible slate.

Make sure you're waiting long enough for it start after reboot. Sometimes there can be delays.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/266209-windows-installation-skips-copying-window-files.html
Relevancy 98.47%

Hello guys, i was using Windows 8.1 in my first machine and already upgraded it to Win10. Now i just wanted to install insider preview in seconde old machine in second partition to test something. The problem i downloaded the 14332 build to make a clean install, i installed it and in the startup configuring settings it just give message "Windows could not complete the installation. to install windows on this computer, restart the installation".

The machine is legacy Bios and i done the USB installer properly for it. Some idea what going on?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/50360-windows-could-not-complete-installation-clean-install-14332-a.html
Relevancy 98.47%

Hello Last night I turned off my computer normally Windows" in "Starting CD - installation/repair Even Stuck in logo The only thing different was that it installed some updates before turning off This morning when I turned it on I noticed that it got stuck on the quot Starting Windows quot logo screen I turned it off forcing it and turned it on again and asked me if Stuck in "Starting Windows" logo - Even in installation/repair CD I wanted to start normally or repair When I clicked repair it got stuck on the loading bar thing At first the f button Stuck in "Starting Windows" logo - Even in installation/repair CD wouldn't work but after a few tries it did and I can't get in safe mode either it gets stuck I gave up and since the computer is pretty much new so I don't have much installed on it I decided to just reformat it but even in the disk it gets stuck I downloaded a repair disc and it is stuck in the loading bar with the Microsoft Corportation below EDIT So I noticed when opening it up that the mobo has a red light located in the front panel header thing next to it it says LED R I'm not completely sure what it means but with my luck it probably died on me Should i post this in the mobo's section It was probably the updates so if I could somehow get it to unistall last night's updates and maybe preventing it from updating again since I'm freaked out it will get fixed maybe The question is how System specs System Manufacturer Model Number Built it myself OS Windows CPU intel quad core ghz Motherboard xfx i sli nforce Memory gb corsair gaming memory Graphics Card s pny nvidia geforce gts Sound Card on board sound Monitor s Displays vizio plasma tv Hard Drive gb WD HDD PSU watt Corsair Case CM Cooling Thermaltake V Thanx in advance

A:Stuck in "Starting Windows" logo - Even in installation/repair CD

Lot's of issues with this mobo: http://www.google.com/search?q=LED1+...ient=firefox-a

Go into the BIOS and reset the board to default values.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/stuck-in-starting-windows-logo-even-in-installation-repair-cd-489239.html
Relevancy 98.47%

Hi this is my Installation update error could registry not "Windows data" first Installation error "Windows could not update registry data" post but I have found tons of help on this forum before My problem is that while installing windows the error quot windows could not update registry data in the installation quot keeps poping up during the quot Installing updates quot step right after the quot Installing feature quot is completed I downloaded Installation error "Windows could not update registry data" the several iso from this and this webpages Also tried USB and DVD at X speed Found great help on the SSD HDD Optimize for Windows Reinstallation and Clean Install Windows guides I follow them every time I try an installation But doesn't matter what I do the error quot windows could not update registry data in the Installation error "Windows could not update registry data" installation quot keeps poping up Since I have to keep using the laptop for work I installed Ubuntu to finish some projects worked fine for over a month no problems but now I have some days off and I want to fix this Other things I have tried that didn't worked Using only Ram slot Make sure that the HDD is first in boot priority Install Win XP Iso without ei cfg I'm running a Dell XPS Studio L x laptop so no RAID Thank in advance to anyone that can help me PD I apologies for any misspell or error of any kind English is not my first language D

A:Installation error "Windows could not update registry data"

If you haven't wiped the HD yet then run your Dell Diagnostics to check hardware condition: Dell Diagnostics Utility - How to Run the

Unplug all other HD's and peripherals,

Boot into BIOS setup to enable Legacy BIOS if present. Next check BIOS Boot order for an EFI Boot Disk and if present remove it, set DVD drive first to boot, HD second. Then set SATA controller to AHCI. Save changes and Exit.

Then boot into installer DVD or flash stick burned or written using tool and latest ISO for your licensed OS version here.

At first installer screen Press Shift + F10 to open a Command Box, type:

DISKPART
LIST DISK
SELECT DISK 0 (after confirming Windows 7 target HD #)
CLEAN
CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY SIZE=102400 (for 100gb partition, adjust as desired)
FORMAT FS=NTFS LABEL="WINDOWS 7"
ACTIVE
EXIT
EXIT

Next click Install Now, then Custom install to Clean Install Windows 7 to the partition you created. If it fails then report back at which step and the verbatim error message.

In addition read over these steps to understand the tools and methods which work best to get and maintain a perfect Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7. The steps are the same for retail.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/270390-installation-error-windows-could-not-update-registry-data.html
Relevancy 98.47%

Hello friends,I was installing win8 at my desktop pc.Suddenly power cut occured and it caused the compute to shut down.Then when I restarted my pc again a messege appeared saying that the installation has been corrupted and it can't be continued and it doesn't log on.After that when I tried to re-install win8 the setup got stuck at the "setup is starting" window.I waited overnight for it to go and the installation to start.But it doesn't happen.I have tried to re-install several times but the same problen happens again and again.So neither I can log into my computer now nor I can re-install windows.I don't know what to do.Friends please help me!

A:Windows 8 installation stucks at"setup is starting" window

So when you started to do a fresh install, you allowed the Win setup to do the format etc, when at setup stage, did you try delete and then recreate the partition?

Try Brink's Tutorial on Clean Install - Windows 8

Hopefully this will help you. A power surge and then sudden issues with hard drives is never a great sign.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/42468-windows-8-installation-stucks-setup-starting-window.html
Relevancy 98.47%

Okay hi this is my first post I registered to hopefully receive help for this issue:

I bought a new ssd drive to make my pc faster but when I try to install Windows 7 via a usb I get this error saying the "requested partition could not be found" now I have installed linux mint which worked fine but I can't get along with it so now I tried installing Windows 7 again but got the same error again.

I have tried 2 different usb still not working though

Also to confirm it never boots the installation, this error happens before the installation has a chance..

All help would be great

Sean

A:windows 7 usb installation error "requested partition not found"

Do you have UEFI BIOS? If so the stick must be formatted specially and booted only as a EFI Device.

Otherwise work through the steps to Troubleshoot Windows 7 Installation Failures - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/361916-windows-7-usb-installation-error-requested-partition-not-found.html
Relevancy 98.47%

Here s my setup Motherboard Gigabyte GA- P-D Hard Drive Western Digital Raptor GB CPU Intel Optical Drive Cooler Master DVD X Nvidia FoxCon Memory Corsair XMS CM X - C Here s my problem I start off with a clean install create a partition format it but I don t quot quick quot format it It starts the Windows Setup and gets to the part where it is quot installing devices quot Once it is halfway through quot installing devices quot it gives me a BSOD with IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Here s all of the things that I ve tried to fix this problem Disable XP devices" BSOD "installing Windows at installation Solved: on board LAN USB serial ports and parallel ports swap in a new video card swap in new memory sticks updating the motherboard BIOS I ve tried tests from the Ultimate Boot CD http Solved: Windows XP installation BSOD at "installing devices" www ultimatebootcd com on the hard drive the memory and the CPU Everything seems to check out But no matter what I try my installation always fails with the same Solved: Windows XP installation BSOD at "installing devices" BSOD Does anyone have any advice nbsp

Relevancy 98.47%

I have just installed Windows 8 Pro onto an existing Windows 7 Pro drive allowing dual boot. The problem is whenever Windows 8 is running I hear a sound every now and then. The sound is the "close program" default sound "ring07.wav.

Why is this happening and how can I stop it?

Thanks.

A:Windows 8 Installation Problem with "Close Program" Sound

You could turn the sound off.
Finding the programs shutting off might be difficult.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/25787-windows-8-installation-problem-close-program-sound.html
Relevancy 98.47%

I am resetting my windows 7 and there is this message that says "Setup is starting services".I have been waiting for four hours so it can complete but it keeps saying this.I have tried to search the internet for a fix but none of them worked.

A:Windows 7 Laptop installation "Setup is starting services"

Start over using the latest official Win7 installation media for your licensed version provided in Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 and follow those steps closely to get and keep a perfect install.

This time delete all partitions during the booted install. This is explained in tutorial.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/348516-windows-7-laptop-installation-setup-starting-services.html
Relevancy 98.47%

I just finished my first build yesterday and I can't install Vista premium 64 bit! It either freezes at the "Windows is loading files" screen or it gets past that and reboots? On a few occasions, it gets past this to the Windows Vista loading screen and then freezes there. Can anyone please help me?

My Specs are:
Mobo: Asrock X58 Extreme
CPU: Core i7 920
Memory: OCZ Gold 6gb (3) 2gb sticks
Video Card: Radeon 5870
PSU: CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Hard drive: Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB

A:Vista installation reboots after "Windows is loading files..."

Please have a look here http://forums.techarena.in/vista-set...ll/1035406.htm and herehttp://www.vistax64.com/vista-instal...ing-files.html make sure you try everything that is mentioned as any one of the reasons can cause this issue and therefore should not be overlooked.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-installation-reboots-after-windows-is-loading-files-425161.html
Relevancy 98.47%

I'm trying to install Windows XP Home on a computer, but when I get to the screen with the little green dot moving in the lower right hand corner, after a few moments, I get a box that says "Setup cannot continue" and mentions something about an "Externally modified file" or something. What's going on? I've used this disk to install XP before and never had any problems with it. Please help me.

Computer Stats:
8GB HD
256MB RAM
Don't know processor size (but it's fast enough to run XP)

A:Windows XP Installation-Recieving "Externally Modified" error

YOur best bet would be to google for the exact error message you are getting. Saying "externally modified file or something" does not help because that is not something I can google and see how others have resolved. Google is your friend. Take advantage.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-installation-recieving-externally-modified-error-346429.html
Relevancy 98.47%

I desperately need help to find some way of recovering an XP installation on a DELL Inspiron laptop The issue In trying to do a repair installation I receive the message quot The file Asms on Windows XP Professional CD-ROM is needed Type the path where the file is located and then click OK Copy files from GLOBALROOT DEVICE CDROM I quot I know from exploring this forum and microsoft support files that the installation is having difficulty reading the information on the disc But none of the suggested fixes are installation HELP! Windows "asms" repair file The is in XP needed viable because at this stage of the installation there is no keyboard or mouse functionality Shift F does not bring up a command prompt to edit the registry Nor can I guide the installation to the correct path on the D drive because I cannot type or access the path in any way The mouse and keyboard are functional in virtually any other state DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT TO DO There is nothing wrong with the installation disc I have used it successfully to install and HELP! The file "asms" is needed in Windows XP repair installation or repair XP on other machines I have checked the folders by exploring the disc on other computer and it s all there and accessible The DVD CD drive can be accessed when HELP! The file "asms" is needed in Windows XP repair installation in the Recovery Console or when using a bootable recovery disc I just can t understand it HOW DID I GET HERE The laptop is used for a friends business so it is essential that I get it working again somehow It was functioning beautifully this morning when I did a simple disk cleanup I made the mistake of I choosing to remove quot Catalog files for the Content Indexer quot This simple mistake destroyed the installation the icons and folders on the desktop disappeared and when I tried to reboot I got the following message quot Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt lt Windows root gt system hal dll I repaired the file and the boot files using the XP recovery console Somehow the hal dll file and the ntoknrl exe files did not match and this lead to the error quot Windows could not start because of an error in the software Please report this problem as load needed DLLs for kernel quot At this point the only solution was apparently a repair installation Which lead to my current predicament If anyone has any other suggestions I would be most grateful Please I need help nbsp

A:HELP! The file "asms" is needed in Windows XP repair installation

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-the-file-asms-is-needed-in-windows-xp-repair-installation.960158/
Relevancy 98.04%

I've read a similar query but not any of the answers were able to solve my problem I have a dell studio laptop with regular specs windows home premium bit recently it used to give problems of sudden switch off with flash of a blue screen the problem was a virus as it also messed with my windows essential antivirus Repair installation Setup" on Stuck "Starting Windows Screen-Unabl 7 2 Anyhow so i installed Avast antivirus and run Windows 7 installation Stuck on "Starting Setup" Screen-Unabl 2 Repair a boot time scan with showed some viruses the problem Windows 7 installation Stuck on "Starting Setup" Screen-Unabl 2 Repair is that by mistake i put a windows temp file into the antivirus chest After that scan my windows is unable to boot properly I firstly tried the suggested option of windows repair but its stuck indefinately on the blue flowers screen with no activity I tried to repair with a bootable copy of windows but its stuck on the point where the windows searches the present os installed the os is listed there but the curser shows up as the circling one and does not turn normal even after a long time i tried re-installing windows but the screen is stuck at the point after it prompts you to choose GMT the screen says quot Setup is starting quot indefinitely again the same circling cursor The dell diagnostics when run says that I have hard drive error no - I followed a post by Greggocker and was able to backup my data using Peppermint live linux os I also read him suggesting to change settings of BIOS but problem is that my BIOS Phoenix A Does not have many options to change anything that he said I may also not be able to access it due to lack of knowledge so if it seems the case the explain the same No matter what windows copy i use its stuck also Im not an expert with installing windows - and none of my friend was able to help too so PLZ HELP

A:Windows 7 installation Stuck on "Starting Setup" Screen-Unabl 2 Repair

Quote: Originally Posted by harsh93singh09

I've read a similar query but not any of the answers were able to solve my problem.
I have a dell studio 15 laptop (1555) with regular specs windows 7 home premium 64 bit , recently it used to give problems of sudden switch off with flash of a blue screen , the problem was a virus as it also messed with my windows essential antivirus.
Anyhow , so i installed Avast antivirus and run a boot time scan with showed some viruses , the problem is that by mistake i put a windows/temp file into the antivirus chest . After that scan my windows is unable to boot properly.
I firstly tried the suggested option of
1)windows repair but its stuck indefinately on the blue flowers screen with no activity
2)I tried to repair with a bootable copy of windows but its stuck on the point where the windows searches the present os installed , the os is listed there but the curser shows up as the circling one and does not turn normal even after a long time.
3)i tried re-installing windows but the screen is stuck at the point after it prompts you to choose GMT , the screen says "Setup is starting" indefinitely, again the same circling cursor
4)The dell diagnostics when run says that I have hard drive error no. 2000-0146
I followed a post by Greggocker and was able to backup my data using Peppermint live linux os
I also read him suggesting to change settings of BIOS, but problem is that my BIOS(Phoenix A07) Does not have many options to change anything that he said(I may also not be able to access it due to lack of knowledge so if it seems the case the explain the same)
No matter what windows copy i use its stuck!!
also Im not an expert with installing windows - and none of my friend was able to help too so

PLZ HELP

The copy of windows (Iso File ) Does not have any problem as it runs on other computers finely

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/349522-windows-7-installation-stuck-starting-setup-screen-unabl-2-repair.html
Relevancy 98.04%

Hello!

Well, I built a new computer for myself, every piece of it brand new. So I slapped a brand new harddrive into my old chassis and I'm setting that one up for my parents.

I tried to install a 32-bit version of WIndows 7 via Upgrade disk on a clean drive. Worked doing the 64-bit version on my new PC, but right about when it says "Loading System Services", it says the installation can't be complete and that I have to restart it.

Not sure what to do here. Looked up some solutions but they're not really helping.

A:"Cannot complete installation. Please restart installation."

Please fill in your System Specs in bottom left hand corner of post.

Where did you get Win7? Is this a disk which has successfully installed before? Did you burn it yourself?

If so after confirming or downloading another ISO try burning another using ImgBurn at 4x speed.

Reset the BIOS to defaults: Clear CMOS - 3 Ways to Clear the CMOS - Reset BIOS. While in BIOS setup set SATA controller to AHCI.
Unplug all other HD's and peripherals.

If install fails again, post back exact error message text or you can google it yourself to see how others resolved it.

Next wipe the HD with Diskpart Clean Command from DVD utilizing DISKPART At PC Startup

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/220668-cannot-complete-installation-please-restart-installation.html
Relevancy 98.04%

I installed an ocz vertex 4 ssd (256g model) into my msi gt70 laptop. A product key came with the laptop, and I've burned windows 7 to a disc. I made sure the ssd has priority in the BIOS too.

When I start up the installation, it gets to the "Installing updates" step, but doesn't progress any further, the laptop is effectively frozen on that step. I've tried re-installing a couple times now and it continues to get stuck on "Installing updates".

Do I need an active internet connection for this step by any chance?

A:Windows 7 64B installation stuck on "Installing updates"

Hello angrychair, welcome to Seven Forums!

You do not need 'active' internet to install.

Study the information and steps outlined in the tutorials linked below to sort through each in-turn and be sure to post back with any further questions you may have and to keep us informed.

If the installer is one you acquired perhaps the ISO file is bad and another will work; or if you burned it to DVD, another burn is needed, use ImgBurn at no greater than x4 speed with a verify. ImgBurn Free ISO Burning Software
If the PC is capable, add the installation files to a USB stick and boot that for the install. USB Windows 7 Installation Key Drive - Create

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/245365-windows-7-64b-installation-stuck-installing-updates.html
Relevancy 98.04%

Ok so i am trying to install windows X onto a different hard drive as windows so Windows 8 installation"System a could not Help??? partition..." create i can switch between the two at startup Ok so my problems started yesterday when trying to install windows onto the Hard Drive i was getting quot Windows cannot be installed to this disk The selected disk has an MBR partition table On EFI systems Windows can only be installed to GPT disks quot To fix this i converted the disk to a GPT disk in Disk ManagerNow im getting the Error quot Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an Windows 8 installation"System could not create a partition..." Help??? existing system partition See the setup log files for more Information quot And i have no idea how to get around the problem Here is a screenshot of disk manager at the moment I am trying to install Windows to Windows 8 installation"System could not create a partition..." Help??? Disk All help is appreciated Thank you in advance P s if i missed any info you need just ask

A:Windows 8 installation"System could not create a partition..." Help???

ok i figured out all i needed to do was to leave the space unallocated.
Once i did that it gave me a warning in the installation and then asked if i wanted to continue. i pressed continue installation and it started installing windows 8 CP.

Although im having a new problem now. After the installation it restarted and started windows 7 and i cant seem to get to windows 8?

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/4400-windows-8-installation-system-could-not-create-partition-help.html
Relevancy 98.04%

Hi all Wanted to do a nice clean installation on a HP Compaq dc Convertible Minitower Using known good Windows volume USB which I have used a dozen times with no loading "Windows files..." at is stuck Installation issues Installation stuck at "Windows is loading files..." I get stuck at quot Windows is loading files quot as I don't think that screen is ever supposed to be there over an hour or so Linux mint live USB boots just fine Using Windows OEM disc not legal on that rig but I was testing I got past the loading screen and reached quot Windows cannot be installed to this disk This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk quot error instead I toyed around with ram sticks They're installed as they should be Then tried both of them in the correct black slot to see if one of them might be bad Then installed two additional sticks to see if it had enough memory to load the OS Same result I've reset the bios The SATA settings aren't on RAID The original OS that I'm trying to replace also boots just fine Just running out of ideas here

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/388634-installation-stuck-windows-loading-files.html
Relevancy 98.04%

hi, guys i am reinstallyed my computer due to some stupid problems , i formatted it totally and reinstalled it into windows 2000 pro, and updated all of themm.. the problem is when i try to install any sound drive such as Allegro or Diamon Impact , they always display "audio installation false" problem....i tried other drivers from packard.com, they install, but i can hear nothing at all... not starting up/music/game
can someone help me out on this?

A:Windows 2000 Pro Sp4 "audio installation false"

What is the installed hardware for sound? If you are not certain, d/l and run:
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/siw.html
Look up the sound system, then go to the manufacturer's web site and get the correct drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-pro-sp4-audio-installation-false.457989/
Relevancy 98.04%

Hi

I am trying to re install my Windows 7, to do that I am using an 64bit, OEM Home Premium version from Microsoft website. After all files are loaded and I am starting installation I am getting this message: "No new devices could be found. Make sure the driver files are correct and located on the driver installation media."

My first thoughts was that installer is missing SATA drivers to my Motherboard so I downloaded them and tried to add from my memory stick during installation but it didn't help, I also tried to switch to IDE mode but it didn't work also. Latter I created bootable pendrive with Windows installation but got same error.

Don't know how to deal with that problem, please help.
Computer that I am working on is Asus G73SW-a1 laptop, please let me know if I need to post any additional information's.

Thanks!

A:Windows 7 OEM installation problem- "no new devices could be found..."

The SATA drivers are all in the WIn7 installer as long as you downloaded it intact and wrote to stick or burned to DVD correctly as given in Steps 1/2 from Clean Reinstall - OEM Windows 7. Read over all the other steps too to make sure you are prepared to get a perfect reinstall.

First enter BIOS setup to see if there is an EFI boot disk in BIOS Boot order. If so remove it and wipe the HD with Diskpart Clean Command first to change to MBR disk.

If not check for newer BIOS update, if none reset BIOS to defaults: Clear CMOS - 3 Ways to Clear the CMOS - Reset BIOS.\

Unplug all other HD's then wipe the HD as given above.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/259253-windows-7-oem-installation-problem-no-new-devices-could-found.html
Relevancy 98.04%

I am trying to install Xp on my Ibm netvista, it's been stuck at "installing devices" it says 35 minutes left for the last 2 hours.
What can i do?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-installation-frozen-at-installing-devices-430164.html
Relevancy 98.04%

Hi.. i have sony vaio laptop with windows 7 home edition now i want to install windows 7 pro in my laptop..

i have the ISO of win pro, because my CD drive not working i m trying to install from the USB .. windows setup started but it shows error when i click "Install Now"

"No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click ok"

That message gives me 3 buttons: ok, cancel and browse, neither of OK and CANCEL would let me through the install, and with browse.

What to do.. please give me solution as soon as possible

Thank you!

A:Windows 7 Installation Error "No Device drivers"

Remove the non-working CD/DVD drive.

or
No install files needed.
Only the Upgrade key is need.
Anytime upgrade only adds-on the Programs & Features from version to version.
Windows Anytime Upgrade - How to

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/167329-windows-7-installation-error-no-device-drivers.html
Relevancy 98.04%

Hello this is driving me crazy so if you happen to know something or someone who knows something about this please help this aftertnoon I tried to re-install some Windows help: "Expanding stops at Please Installation Files 0%" games on my desktop computer a recently assembled computer with intel i cpu kingston ddr gb memroy chip western digital TB HDD and Pioneer DVD RW running on windows ultimate bit because I couldn't load my saved games properly but I put my game disc in the DVD ROM during the installation I had numerous instances of quot corrupt data source quot or quot I O Error quot and the like I had no such problem the first time I installed the games using these discs about month ago I tried putting these discs in my other laptop everything went smoothly I suspect it is something wrong with my OS so I started to re-install windows probably the worst mistake I made this week i inserted the windows disc everything was fine at the Please help: Installation stops at "Expanding Windows Files 0%" beginning computer loaded the files went into installation screen i selected the language amp locations accepted license agreement selected the partition to install then clicked next this is where problem started loading windows files finished immediatley but expanding windows files took forever It stayed at for like minutes I thought maybe this is how it was supposed to be so I left it there and went to the market I was back hour later and it was at I thought this was rediculous so I powered off the machine and ran the installation disc again same problem I used the same disc on the same computer months ago and everything was smooth I tweaked my BIOS here and there and re-run the installation a few times the problem persisted So if someone have experienced similar problems or know what caused this please help I suspect it's either a problem with the DVD ROM or memory chips I'm considering buying new ones to replace them Forgot to mention the computer was running smoothly before except for one minor issue everytime I start the machine after it has been powered off for longer than hours estimated it gave an error or blue screen while entering windows welcome logon screen If it's only been powered off for a few hours I don't get this problem And when I get the problem pressing 'reset' button only sends it in an endless loop of the same pattern I had to power off and then power on again then the computer runs smoothly like nothing ever happened I've had this problem since day months ago and tried numerous means but never managed to get rid of it Because it wasn't too great an issue and I couldn't even demonstrate it to my vendors because I bought parts and assembled them myself and couldn't figure out which part is causing this also because I have to leave it powered off for a fixed amount time and then press start for this problem to occur I sort of learnt to live with it But now i suspect it might also be the memory chips And my system specs is here Intel i CPU on Intel H Motherboard x Kingston DDR GB Memory chips which i suspect is causing the problem Western Digital TB HDD SATA Pioneer DVD RW IDE ATI HD Graphic card PCI-E

A:Please help: Installation stops at "Expanding Windows Files 0%"

Here you read these two threads ?

Questions to use for help with Installation Issues

Common Installation Problems and Their Solutions

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/109264-please-help-installation-stops-expanding-windows-files-0-a.html
Relevancy 97.61%

I have been trying to install windows Vista bit edition on my computer for the past couple of days now and I can seem to get to work right It works normally right up until it reaches the completing installation phase the it freezes I test my memory and hard drive and they are both fine I have even tried different components just Installation freezing Completing Phase at Installation bit Vista 64 in case but nothing has helped I upgraded the motherboad bios and tried a IDE and a SATA drive as well Here are my computer's specifictions DFI Infinity X G mtoherboard X Intel chipset Q Quad Core Intel Processor GB of Dual Channel OCZ Gold PC DDR Memory GB Maxtor Hard Drive Plextor DVD Burner W Ultra Power Supply GTS EVGA Video card I kind of wondering about the motherboard if it has compatiblity issues with Vista but every where I look it says Vista 64 bit Installation freezing at Completing Installation Phase its go to go as long as you upgrade the BIOS which I've done Any ideas on how to fix this issue or should I consider getting a different board I need a PCI Express X slot on the new one Thanks for the help

A:Vista 64 bit Installation freezing at Completing Installation Phase

A stupid Question is your CPU and Motherboard Compatible with x64. Mainly is your CPU capable of using 64-bit code

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-64-bit-installation-freezing-at-completing-installation-phase-185871.html
Relevancy 97.61%

I'm trying to install Windows via Parallels on my Macbook Pro I create a new VM and use the ISO file and get the error quot Windows cannot find the microsoft software license terms Make sure the installation sources are valid and terms" the microsoft - cannot Error Parallels 8.1 license software find "Windows Windows Installation restart the installation quot I found this question was answered here nbsp http social technet microsoft "Windows cannot find the microsoft software license terms" Windows 8.1 Installation Error - Parallels com Forums windows en-US b d "Windows cannot find the microsoft software license terms" Windows 8.1 Installation Error - Parallels - - b b-b b-ad c ecc windows- -enterprise-rtm-installation-error forum w itproinstall However following the steps of the solution did not work for me I created a blank VM and chose Windows After this it asks me to insert the installation disc I cannot figure out how to use the ISO as the source at this point I tried copying and pasting the path to the file and dragging the file to the VM but no luck If there is a way I can install this without this error message or by somehow getting the path to the ISO that'd be perfect

A:"Windows cannot find the microsoft software license terms" Windows 8.1 Installation Error - Parallels

Hi,
According to your description, I would like to confirm if you have unchecked the Express installation box.
Be sure to uncheck 'Express Installation' when installing, otherwise Windows setup will fail with an error "cannot find license terms" and get stuck in a reboot cycle.
I suggest you refer to the following link to use Parallels Desktop to install Windows 8.1.
Using Parallels Desktop to install Windows and the dev tools on your Mac:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/jj945424.aspx
Regards,Kelvin hsu
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a133f3b3-70a7-4798-a6d2-71824d9c584b/quotwindows-cannot-find-the-microsoft-software-license-termsquot-windows-81-installation-error?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 97.61%

I have had this problem numerous times in the past where the installation proceeds "cannot installation device." specified" the "during find file the the of then ends with the messages During "cannot find the file specified" "during the installation of the device." the installation of the device The system cannot find the file specified and it goes into a detection loop HERE is the solution Windows XP has a bug that it cannot properly detect new hardware by inf "cannot find the file specified" "during the installation of the device." files if the RunOnce registry key "cannot find the file specified" "during the installation of the device." is missing for the following location HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion This key is often used by installers to execute post-reboot programs but sometimes they accidentally delete this key IMPORTANT This article contains information about modifying the registry Make sure that you understand how to backup and restore the registry in case a problem occurs Please read the linked Microsoft Knowledge Base article prior to editing the registry Go to Start Run and enter quot regedit quot Go to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion With CurrentVersion Highlighted go to the Edit menu and select New Key Name the key RunOnce leaving everything else about the key alone The RunOnce key should now exist underneath the CurrentVersion key Once the key exists Windows XP stops redetecting the Hardware nbsp

A:"cannot find the file specified" "during the installation of the device."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-find-the-file-specified-during-the-installation-of-the-device.235959/
Relevancy 96.75%

Hi,
I'm trying to install Windows Vista Business using a burned .iso file on a DVD and it's now saying: "Please insert Windows installation disk 1.", but there's already a DVD in the computer? I don't have an OS on my computer right now if that helps with getting an answer.

Relevancy 96.75%

Building a new system. Just had a question on installing the "Windows USB Installation Tool" BEFORE installing Win 7. According to my MOBO spec's.............GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1151 - GA-Z170X-UD5 (rev. 1.0) by the operating system section, it states..... "Please download the "Windows USB Installation Tool" from GIGABYTE's website and install it before installing Windows 7". How exactly can I do that BEFORE installing the OS? Using Win 7 64 bit clean install. Thanks for the help.

A:GA-Z170X-UD5...... "Windows USB Installation Tool"

Your link is to the specs of your board, could you provide a link or wording to exactly what it is you`re talking about ?

It`s actually under support>utilities , you don`t actually need it, you can use any program you want to put your install files on the usb stick, but if you`re installing 7 then use a dvd, it`s sooo much easier.

But then maybe there`s something magical about Gigabytes software, but anyway it`s a program to put the iso file on the stick, or after you put the iso file on the stick, it`s not something you install before you install windows, as you`ve already guessed.

I downloaded and extracted it and this is what it contains, I assume you would add it to the iso after you format the stick, but it looks like it might have some usb and sata controller software needed during a W7 install, you`d have to find Gigabytes instructions on how to use it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/391525-ga-z170x-ud5-windows-usb-installation-tool.html
Relevancy 96.75%

I am running Windows ME on a Hewlett Packard Pavilion. Last night I was trying to load up my music to listen to using the windows media player and a box popped up saying Confirmation "You must restart your computer to complete the installation restart now?" I click no because I have not installed anything and am wondering whta this is all about. I have shut down and reload only to see the error again. What can I do?

A:PLEASE HELP! Windows Media Player "installation" box pop up

try downloading all of the windows media player updates.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-windows-media-player-installation-box-pop-up.228640/
Relevancy 96.75%

Hello,
I was gonna install windows 7 pro 64bit on my laptop (clean install). However, when i got to the point where i go to partition the different discs I got this message:

"Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu"

As I am unsure what to do I dared not change anyting in the BIOS, the only thing I know how to do in the BIOS is to change boot priority from my Hard Drive to CD/DVD-drive or floppy disk...

Is there an easy fix for this problem? Im running a acer Aspire 3810T with a singe Hard Drive and I have no operating system since my old one was removed when I deletet all partitions in order to make new ones for my fresh windows 7 installation.

Thanks in advance,
Lashley

A:Windows 7 Installation "Can not install on this disk"

Quote: Originally Posted by Lashley

Hello,
I was gonna install windows 7 pro 64bit on my laptop (clean install). However, when i got to the point where i go to partition the different discs I got this message:

"Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu"

As I am unsure what to do I dared not change anyting in the BIOS, the only thing I know how to do in the BIOS is to change boot priority from my Hard Drive to CD/DVD-drive or floppy disk...

Is there an easy fix for this problem? Im running a acer Aspire 3810T with a singe Hard Drive and I have no operating system since my old one was removed when I deletet all partitions in order to make new ones for my fresh windows 7 installation.

Thanks in advance,
Lashley

Is it an internal drive? has anything changed? does the dvd install on other computers?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/116469-windows-7-installation-can-not-install-disk.html
Relevancy 96.75%

I just got this laptop off of a Facebook yard-sale page for my area. They were selling it because it would not boot. I bought it home and my current Studio 1747 laptop told me i needed to format the Hard drive from the Acer before i could use it. I formatted the drive.

Now, I can install Windows 7 again, i thought. So i put in the boot disk, got to the "Choose where to install" page. But "No Drivers Were Found"

I clicked browse and all that came up was "Removable Disk (C", "CD Drive (D" and "Boot (X"

(C told me to insert a drive into Removable Disk (C.
(X Said: "No signed drivers found."

So im in a stump.

Acer Aspire 5733 series

I also get the same problem, different hard drive, in a Lenovo G575.

A:"No Drivers were found.." Windows 7 installation

Boot from the DVD as if you were going to install, then do this:

1. On the first Language screen, press SHIFT+F10 - a command prompt window will open
2. Type diskpart and hit enter
3. Type list disk and hit enter

Copy exactly what is now shown on the screen, and type if back here in your next reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/310128-no-drivers-were-found-windows-7-installation.html
Relevancy 96.75%

I have a problem with my new custom built pc. I got Windows 7 64bit and tried to install it using the cd. It boots up and everything but when I get to decide on what harddrive to put it there is nothing. The only thing that appears is this ( Disk 0 Unallocated Space , Total size: 0.0MB , Free Space 0.0MB. I went to bios and checked to see if everything was alright but still my hard drive didn't show up. My hard drive is a Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB HDD. It is working fine because it is still spinning. I check all the connections even on the Mother Board manual and everything is correct. But my HDD still doesn't show up .

A:Windows 7 Installation help "Disk 0 Unallocated"

What type of installation do you wish to perform - Custom?

It sounds like you need to create a partition first, during installation....have a look at Steps 6 and & here:
Clean Install Windows 7

And here is some more detail about partitioning during installation:
Partition the Hard Drive in a Windows 7 Install

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/293677-windows-7-installation-help-disk-0-unallocated.html
Relevancy 96.75%

Hey I have recently just got a motherboard and CPU from a friend of mine I have put the basics in it just to see if it will actually run and it does So I put my Windows XP disc in and booted from the disc and it proceeded with installation as normal except when "Starting Windows" during installation BSOD when it reaches quot Starting Windows quot and then it gives me a BSOD straight away Thinking this would be okay I restarted my PC and tried BSOD when "Starting Windows" during installation to boot from the files it copied onto my HDD this did not happen I also tried changing the HDD to one with Windows XP pre-installed which gave me the options to boot in safe mode optimised settings and normally etc but as soon as I select quot Start Windows Normally quot it just restarts my PC Here are some specs Motherboard Asus not too sure on model no but it has PCI-E and support for sata drives Processor Intel Pentium ghz RAM DDR I am currently stuck with a PCI graphics card untill this Friday when I BSOD when "Starting Windows" during installation get paid not sure if this would cause any problems BSOD when "Starting Windows" during installation Thanks guys nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-when-starting-windows-during-installation.808036/
Relevancy 96.75%

Okay, jumper's in the right spot, thanks to kiwiguy and /\/\r. Abdul. The hard drive is now installed, Now i tried to set up windows, but i have a blue screen again that has "Setup is starting Windows" on it, and I've waited a good 15 minutes for it to change, and still nothing. Thanks for all your guy's help, i really appreciate your putting up with my n00b-ness

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setup-is-starting-windows-still-there-even-after-installation-of-hdd.374009/
Relevancy 96.75%

W on my TOSHIBA Satellite laptop which has no CD DVD drive has failed to boot and states quot Windows could not complete the installation To install Windows on this computer restart the installation quot There seems to be no solutions to this - looking at the BIOS and changing settings F gives nothing attempting to use safe mode drive) complete (No could the CD/DVD not installation" "Windows last config worked etc F also does not work attempting to use TOSHIBA Recovery F also does not work as there is a black screen with quot Edit Windows boot options for Windows quot Partition No EXECUTE OPTION with only ENTER or ESC as options I need help on this - the main problem here is that this laptop does not have an installed CD DVD drive a mix between a notebook and a laptop so I cannot use any form of external recovery other than a USB perhaps But this approach seems timid and I doubt it would work help nbsp

Relevancy 96.75%

Hi - I'm trying to install MS FrontPage 2003 on my Windows XP Home Ed 2002 Server Pack 2 PC and just after I've entered the installation key, I get the message "Installation source has been corrupted", and the whole program closes.

Any ideas why? Any solutions?

Much appreciated.

A:"Installation source has been corrupted" - Windows XP

Is the CD scratched or dirty? You may need a new copy.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installation-source-has-been-corrupted-windows-xp.708155/
Relevancy 96.75%

Since I purchased the Win Pro Upgrade online from Microsoft has 8 - 20th... Failed" "Windows Jan. Installation Since on Jan th Ive been trying to get in to install I have Windows Ultimate on a HP laptop I've had the Microsoft quot live "Windows 8 Installation has Failed" - Since Jan. 20th... help agents quot or whoever "Windows 8 Installation has Failed" - Since Jan. 20th... remotely access control my pc times already I knew as much or more than of them did after several hours with each of them ultimately coming up with no solution and or me having to end the remote session to go to work or to bed The third agent was sincere in wanting to get this fixed for me and she was much more knowledgeable about the everything involved But once again after almost hours with her we didn't get anything fixed and I had to go to work I'm almost ready "Windows 8 Installation has Failed" - Since Jan. 20th... to give up and get Microsoft to put the money back on my Visa but I still have some hope And after yrs with Windows Microsoft this is my first bad experience And it is BAD But I really want Windows and this site is the first one I've run across that gave me hope again HELP please I'll be very thankful and appreciative I've tried the steps below Now instead of Windows install stopping at everytime it stops at everytime quot Uninstall any security software before attempting to upgrade Disable any encryption software you might have installed Disable uninstall disk utility software such as DVD CD burning utilities or third party defragment programs such as Perfect Disk Make sure your computer is updated devices and applications Disconnect any external devices before installing Check your hard disk for any errors - Click Start - Type CMD - Right click CMD then click Run as administrator At the Command Prompt type chkdsk r f Exit the command prompt When you restart your system your computer will be scanned for errors and attempts will be made to correct them Another thing you can do is disable Start items Click Start Type MSCONFIG Hit Enter on your keyboard On the General tab click Selective Startup Under Selective Startup click to clear the Load Startup Items check box Click the Services tab click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box and then click Disable All Click OK When you are prompted click Restart After the computer starts check whether the problem is resolved Run the System File Checker utility SFC Scannow checks your Windows installation for errors and corrects them This will help with ensuring that a smooth upgrade occurs Click Start Type CMD from the results right click CMD Click Run as Administrator At the Command Prompt type sfc scannow This will check for any integrity violations Restart your system quot Also- I have tried the install MANY times from each of the following desktop from bootable USB and from CD I made from the ISO Upgrade and Custom

A:"Windows 8 Installation has Failed" - Since Jan. 20th...

Installing under UEFI or BIOS? Clean install or not? Definitely pushing the first. Have you run the Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant?

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/20595-windows-8-installation-has-failed-since-jan-20th.html
Relevancy 96.75%

I found an extended disk clean up in the tutorials of the seven forums which also works on windows 8. I kept the "previous windows installation(s)" box unchecked.
As I kept all files and settings, would checking the box mean they will all get deleted in the clean up??? Or does it clean up something else from win7 which is useless?? I don't have a windows.old folder so if it's just that then it's ok.

Thanks

A:What does "previous windows installation(s)" remove?

Hello Vesh,

It's usually for the Windows.old folder and any left over conflicting files from the OS you upgraded from or after a refresh of the current Windows 8. Sometimes the Windows.old folder is hidden. If the size for Previous Windows installation(s) is in the GBs, then the it may be hidden.

It's safe to check Previous Windows installation(s) to delete all of these files if you do not want them, and would like to free up the HDD space it's using.

Windows.old Folder - Delete in Windows 8

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/12041-what-does-previous-windows-installation-s-remove.html
Relevancy 96.75%

Hey guys Pulling my hair out with this one so figured I'd post here to see if anyone has any suggestions First my setup Mobo Asus A R-MVP BIOS last stable release Video nVidia GeForce GT RAM GB DDR Main HD GB IDE with partitions XP on GB Windows aimed for GB and free space for Windows" "Starting get past Can't installation the Can't get installation past "Starting Windows" rest Other HDs x TB RAID general storage If I launch the setup from a DVD it gets past quot Windows is loading files quot then immediately freezes at quot Starting Windows quot right before any of the coloured balloons show up in fact it hangs the instant the first orange pixel is displayed So I tried launching the setup from Windows XP Pointed it to the proper partition it extracts the files reboots and the exact same thing happens Can't get past the first orange pixel For both cases I've tried pressing F on boot and selecting quot safe mode quot or quot low resolution mode quot but no dice Safe mode seems to always get stuck on disk sys for what it's worth but I understand that could even mean it's hanging on whatever the next driver is Other things I've tried -replaced nVidia video card with ATI x no difference -removed all sticks of RAM except one no difference -removed all Can't get installation past "Starting Windows" unused peripheral devices no difference -disabled all unused on-board devices no difference If anyone has any ideas or suggestions I'm all ears I've installed Windows successfully so many times on different hardware so I'm finding this completely mind-boggling Thanks for reading Bash

A:Can't get installation past "Starting Windows"

Can you try using only 1GB (RAM) memory stick during installation, you can bring them back after the windows is installed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/76354-cant-get-installation-past-starting-windows.html