Windows Support Forum

Windows 7 Starter to Ultimate.Upgrade/Clean Install Error or stocked.

Q: Windows 7 Starter to Ultimate.Upgrade/Clean Install Error or stocked.

aaaa

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows 7 Starter to Ultimate.Upgrade/Clean Install Error or stocked.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows 7 Starter to Ultimate.Upgrade/Clean Install Error or stocked.

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

You can only upgrade from Windows 7 Starter to Windows 7 Ultimate by the Windows Anytime Upgrade method.

Windows 7 Upgrade Paths

If your computer is running Win 7 Starter it shouldn't have any problem with Win 7 Ultimate.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/195667-windows-7-starter-ultimate-upgrade-clean-install-error-stocked.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi nbsp I bought an HP All-in-one Desktop last years ago and it came with a Windows or I don't remember Pre-installed For some reason it automatically updated to Windows -bit and is the current OS which I really think is very slow I recently bought a licensed Windows Ultimate bit because I decided to change the OS of my computer However I am having a hard time doing a clean install of Windows Error 7 doing install b... Ultimate (64 a Windows clean when of because a blue screen error appears even before the setup starts I've done a couple clean install of this OS on other laptops desktop but this is the first I've encountered such difficulty I successfully set the boot to the Windows CD DVD pressing F at startup and select SATA but before the Windows logo appears this error happens Things I've tried for this error Update the latest BIOS from AMI to AMI Blue Screen Disable Security boot amp Fast boot Enable Legacy Mode Blue Screen Doing installation with Error when doing a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate (64 b... bootable Flash drive Copied ISO file using Windows USB DVD Download Tool Blue Screen Set ATAPI CD DVD in boot order Both UEFI and Legacy Doesn't Boot to CD DVD nbsp Please I really need help I believe that my Desktop would be faster with Windows installed compared to Windows due to the specs Also I am more proficient in Windows I also believe that this model is capable of installing any Windows because there are available drivers for the said OS I just can't figure it out and totally ran out of ideas thats why I came to this forum community I will appreciate any help and possible solutions Thank you and God bless nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Error-when-doing-a-clean-install-of-Windows-7-Ultimate-64/td-p/5805929
Relevancy 87.72%

I bought an Acer Aspire One netbook with Windows 7 Starter on it, and I have a Windows 7 Ultimate installation DVD that I want to use to upgrade my netbook's OS. I put the DVD into an external DVD drive connected to my netbook with a USB cable and started the installation wizard. I chose the "Upgrade" option and the installer said that I need to use Windows Anytime Upgrade for that. The problem with that is that I don't want to buy a new license, since I already have this DVD. How can I upgrade my netbook's OS from Windows 7 Starter to Ultimate with the DVD I already have?
Thanks in advance.

A:Upgrade from Windows 7 Starter to Ultimate with regular DVD

Use Anytime Upgrade: Type "Anytime" in Start Search box to start the Process, insert your Ultimate Product Key, the extra features will be unlocked in just a few minutes.

Be sure to make your Acer Recovery Disks first, or save a Win7 backup image so you have a path back to the licensed OS on that machine. You may decide you want to move your retail Win7 Ultimate to another machine. You may also find a cheaper Ultimate Anytime Upgrade key.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/156351-upgrade-windows-7-starter-ultimate-regular-dvd.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I decided to swap my windows xp for windows vista ultimate, so i put the dvd in the computer, and started the install procedure, everything is fine until i selected what partition to install vista on, i picked the one there, and i pressed format, after that it started the install, and i got this error when it was about to expand files. i've tried 5-6 times, and with two different dvds.. still same error ( 0x8007048F )

i will put the _exact_ message in and edit here in about 10 minutes, doing another try right now, i just thought someone might know something from the error code!

A:Error : 0x8007048F while doing a clean install of windows vista ultimate

Most errors of this type appear to be related to disk issues or Windows Media Player. Since this is a fresh install, the most likely case is that there are disk issues.How many hard drives are in your system?How are they described in the System BIOS (SATA/IDE, Master/Slave, etc)?How many partitions are on each drive (and which one are you installing the Vista on?)?I'd start with running a diagnostic on your hard drive (from the manufacturer of the hard drive). The most common one's are linked to in this topic: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/28744/hard-drive-installation-and-diagnostic-tools/You may also want to run chkdsk /r from the command prompt from the Startup Repair option on your Vista DVD ( http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/repair-windows-with-windows-startup-repair/ )

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/200649/error-0x8007048f-while-doing-a-clean-install-of-windows-vista-ultimate/
Relevancy 86.43%

I recently obtained an upgrade for Vista Ultimate I'm currently running Vista Home Premium dated According to won't Upgrade Install option Ultimate upgrade--only Clean given the upgrade chart it's supposed to be perfectly fine to upgrade from Home Premium to Ultimate However I get past the product key dialog and the next one indicates that my system is not capable of taking an upgrade but can perform a clean install Strange I went on-line and ran into a blitz of different answers to this problem but finally found something that might look like the reason Q Could this problem be occuring because I have Vista Home Premium SP applied and my Ultimate Anytime Upgrade only includes SP A Yes you would need to uninstall the Windows Vista SP and then upgrade to Ultimate Upgrade won't upgrade--only Clean Install option given Windows Ultimate Upgrade won't upgrade--only Clean Install option given Vista Ultimate Note An upgrade always begins Ultimate Upgrade won't upgrade--only Clean Install option given at the desktop After uninstalling Windows Vista SP boot to the Windows Vista Home Premium desktop then insert the Windows Vista Ultimate upgrade DVD disc in the DVD drive Is this right Do I need to roll back SP in order to do the upgrade to Ultimate then re-apply SP once it completes Also side note question I entered my product key and then the installation type dialog came up next after a few moments Does this mean my product key passed the validation I just want to be sure that my product will activate as I bought this nd hand and was assured that it wasn't activated

A:Ultimate Upgrade won't upgrade--only Clean Install option given

I am not going to answer your question, directly, but will say that a clean install is always better. Go with the clean install. You do not save time with an upgrade if you take into account the multitude of problems that may occur.
Back up your stuff, use Windows Easy Transfer and all you need to do is reinstall your software and you have the very best installatio, a clean install.
Enter your key after you have used the system for a few days, your software is all installed and you are satisfied, you have 30 days, which can be extended.
Clean Install From Upgrade Vista
Would you want your old car after being detailed or a brand new 2012 car, it works the same with the OS.
If you choose not to use my advice, you need to have SP1 with an SP1 install.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/296558-ultimate-upgrade-wont-upgrade-only-clean-install-option-given.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I purchased a Dell Studio laptop (1737) with Vista Home Premium SP1 (x64) preloaded. I upgraded to Vista Ultimate (PRODUCT) RED SP1 (x64) - don't ask me why - and, since new computers don't come with OS CD's anymore. . .I was wondering if I could use my 'Ultimate' disk to perform a clean install (I have tried - a little - and can't seem to find any "link" (button?) other than "Install")~lvl477 sUx~(Moderator edit and note: post moved to more appropriate forum. jgw)

A:Using "Vista Ultimate" upgrade CD for Clean Install?

The way I understand it is you have to start all over or you will have activation problemshttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/937769/en-ushttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/937150/en-ushttp://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/e...b981033.mspx#EM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/216678/using-vista-ultimate-upgrade-cd-for-clean-install/
Relevancy 83.42%

is it possible? will my license key be the same? or my future OS will be fake or pirated?

i bought a new netbook with windows 7 starter OS. but im not satisfied with this OS.

thanks for the help!

A:upgrade my windows 7 starter to windows 7 ultimate/professional/home

Stop making double threads, you already asked and got answered in the other subforum.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/115166-upgrade-my-windows-7-starter-windows-7-ultimate-professional-home.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi, I have had my Samsung N150 plus netbook for nearly three years and it's just started running really slowly. I want to do a fresh install of windows 7 starter but my disks are in storage. I have my product key for the starter edition however. I found this post: USB Windows 7 Installation Key Drive - Create but I can't find an English 7 starter ISO among the files on the website given.

I would appreciate it if someone could direct me to such a file and also any tips for the cleanest install possible. I'm a newbie.

Thanks.

A:Windows 7 starter ISO for clean install?

From Windows use Complete PC Restore.

From boot use the F4 key.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/284496-windows-7-starter-iso-clean-install.html
Relevancy 83.42%

I am aware that 7 clean install Windows starter you cannot buy windows starter and that it only come already installed by a manufacture Here is the problem I have a hp mini laptop that came with windows starter and has the COA I desperately need to re install the OS but the recovery partition was corrupted the drive has already been formatted using a different version of windows but i need to install starter Is there any place at all i can download the ISO from Microsoft or somewhere else I found a thread from Microsoft saying i could create a Windows 7 starter clean install boot able USB with a Windows Ultimate x ISO with the ef cfg file removed that should apparently allow me to install any version of windows including windows starter but that did not work for me even after trying multiple variations of creating the boot able drive including CMD and utility's Tried removing the file with both a utility tools and by hand Windows 7 starter clean install Any suggestions

A:Windows 7 starter clean install

Hi you would probably be better contacting Hp and order a usb recovery kit Looking for HP Recovery Discs or an HP USB Recovery Drive? | HP? Support

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-starter-clean-install-814194.html
Relevancy 79.98%

So I have an old Sony laptop, and it came with Win 7 Starter.

It got slow and bogged, so I installed Win 7 from scratch from instructions here, and when I went to enter the product key from the bottom of the laptop of course I got the "The product key you have entered will not work with this version of Win 7. You must either run Win 7 setup or enter a Win7 Home Premium product key."

The problem is I couldn't find a Win 7 Starter download anywhere...

Thanks for any help/advice...

A:Windows Starter Product Key Won't Work With Clean Home Premium Install

Make your own Universal Install DVD or USB flash that has Starter on it.

Windows 7 Universal Installation Disc - Create

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/304207-windows-starter-product-key-wont-work-clean-home-premium-install.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I am attempting to do either an upgrade or clean install of Windows 7.  The HP laptop I have is currently running Windows Vista.  
The error message is:
Windows cannot copy files required for installation.  The files may be corrupt or missing.  Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation.

I bought the .ISO file from eKey Market for about $55.  

I've tried resetting the laptop to factory settings, and still get this error. 
I've made 2 different DVDs with the .ISO files on them.
I am using an external USB CD/DVD drive.
What is the problem?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3f5b1b03-de15-4e57-9396-718560199088/error-when-trying-to-do-both-upgrade-and-clean-install-of-windows-7-on-windows-vista-laptop?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 75.68%

Hey guys,
I want to install Windows 7 Ultimate on my Windows XP SP3 Computer, but I don't want to get everything deleted. I downloaded the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor and it said that I need to do a clean install. Is there any way that I can do it without a clean install?
Btw I have two hard drives on my computer, both 500gb

specs:

A:Windows 7 Ultimate without clean install?

Upgrading from Windows XP to Windows 7 - Help & How-to - Microsoft Windows

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-7-ultimate-without-clean-install-625737.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I recently purchased a new motherboard RAM and SSD to upgrade my computer a bit I planned on doing a clean install onto the new SSD rather than upgrading Vista x which is installed on a GB hard drive However Clean 7 ultimate windows install freezing after I set the BIOS to boot from CD hit a key to boot off CD it freezes at the loading windows screen before you can select your language preferences I tried running this with only GB memory stick instead of Also unplugged everything that wasn't needed from the computer leaving just the video and ps mouse keyboard I also tried taking out the PCI Sound card starting with just the SSD drive connected and the GB drive disconnected and disabling everything I could think of that wasn't needed in the BIOS I tried both the bit which I would like to use and the bit install CDs Both freeze at the same spot Any help with this would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Clean windows 7 ultimate install freezing

You have at least 4 components to consider: SSD, Windows disks, RAM, and motherboard. I'd try to eliminate each as the cause of the problem.

Can you test the RAM using memtest??

Are you using known legitimate Windows disks?

If you try to install onto the 750 GB hard drive, can you get past the freeze point?

Can you try to install to your older motherboard?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/161802-clean-windows-7-ultimate-install-freezing.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello everyone Today I decided to help my Brother in law by upgrading his Ultimate clean x64 issues. Windows install 7 HP Pavillion Entertainment Notebook from Vista Ultimate x to Ultimate by means of a clean Windows 7 Ultimate x64 clean install issues. install as he didn't want most of the junk on the HDD I've done many many Windows installs in my life and haven't encountered any problems that I couldn't work out quite quickly though today has been a real challenge I'll describe the situation below As any HP user would know the HDDs are often partitioned in an irritating fashion In the Windows installer I formatted the partitions and was left with two gig partitions There was an original system partition for Vista OS but I deleted it as it wasn't large enough for the Windows install Fist problem encountered was that the unpacking of files was interrupted due to 'corrupt files' I know this isn't the case as the disk is fine I checked it on another PC to be sure Probably a dodgy DVD drive in the old notebook I did a workaround by installing from an external hdd and that went fine Here's where things get strange On restart after installation the notebook booted from the external hdd again and wanted to do another install I figured it was a boot order issue and changed the boot order in bios accordingly HDD first etc On restart there is a report of OS missing or not found Tried a re-install I noticed however when selecting the HDD for install Disk partition has a message at the bottom of the screen saying it can't support an install due to bios related problems I didn't write the exact message down something like quot Windows cannot be installed to this device The hardware prossibly does not support the reboot on this device Make sure that the devicecontroller in the BIOS menu of the computer is enabled quot Disk was fine though so I installed to that drive No cigar Still has missing OS error or err err Have since tried various bootable CDs for formatting and editing partitions and it hasn't made a difference Tried fixmbr as a long shot The problem is that the bios on this notebook is so crummy it only lists boot order it doesn't allow any more indepth analysis of the HDD to my knowledge Uses phoenixbios So have I got a corrupt drive on my hands Any workarounds for the crummy bios Is this a common problem I'm fairly sure the notebook only has one physical drive it's just split into these two partitions that I can't get rid of As mentioned ' ' seems unable to accept a Windows install for some reason and I get the feeling that's where bios is looking HELP

A:Windows 7 Ultimate x64 clean install issues.

Not sure what's happening here but when you're installing 7 the partitioner should show what partitions are on the drive as well as show the options to delete them under advanced settings. Delete all partitions and then hit next, it should install fine on the hdd.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/142061-windows-7-ultimate-x64-clean-install-issues.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi nbsp I am really tearing my hair out with this nbsp I am trying to recommission an Office workstation which I mothballed years ago with no joy nbsp I decided to perform a clean install of Windows Ultimate SP which Microsoft kindly let me have because HP were unable to provide original Windows Vista Business OEM discs nbsp Microsoft provided me with a product key on the basis of having upgraded using Windows Home Premium and an Anytime Upgrade Key and because of the sheer frustration I was going through nbsp Being a bit OCD though I haven't 7 Ultimate. install Intermittent Crash. BSO... Clean No Windows used the key they provided nbsp Instead I chose to go the double install method and use the Anytime Upgrade Key I had previously Clean install Windows 7 Ultimate. Intermittent Crash. No BSO... purchased nbsp We own two Keys for Workstations nbsp The other workstation is running fine nbsp I have gone through the Clean install Windows 7 Ultimate. Intermittent Crash. No BSO... stress of getting the updates on the troublesome PC and it is Clean install Windows 7 Ultimate. Intermittent Crash. No BSO... now running up-to-date on both recommended and optional updates less the language packs which I don't need nbsp After making a few changes the system managed to stay alive for approx nbsp hours before I came back to it and it was a black screen with Bootmgr is missing nbsp I think that suggests a hard drive issue nbsp The system has a Gb Western Digital WDC-WD AAKS primary drive and a Hitachi HDS BLA secondary backup drive attached nbsp The WD HD is attached to SATA on the motherboard nbsp The CD to SATA and the secondary HD to SATA nbsp I ran the Western Digital diagnostics software on the hard drive and it confirms the drive as sound nbsp Its SMART status is fine too nbsp Despite this I spoke with Western Digital and they advised me to Write Zeros to the drive and clean install the OS again which is where I am at currently nbsp I have read so many forums until I am blue in the face and no further on hence why I am here as I think it is perhaps a BIOS setting that may be wrong as the battery was running V nbsp That has now been changed for a new battery and the BIOS reset nbsp I have even set the Fan Idle at MAX to rule out any temperature issues nbsp I still receive the Bootmgr is missing message nbsp It is now set to again the slowest nbsp I have blown the system out with compressed air also to remove any dust nbsp I am just going to post this message now and add to it in case the system crashes nbsp bear with me please

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Clean-install-Windows-7-Ultimate-Intermittent-Crash-No-BSOD/td-p/5767079
Relevancy 73.96%

Hey Guys I m absolutely lost for words I ve built 7 x64 Windows Ultimate Clean Won't Install Boot Solved: over PCs this year with Windows this is the first time I ran into this Solved: Clean Install Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Won't Boot issue I built PCs with the following spec CPU Core i MB Asrock H M U S revised esata issue fixed RAM GB GSkill Ripjaw X x GB PSU W Thermaltake PSU HDD TB Seagate HDD ODD Samsung DVD Drive On both Solved: Clean Install Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Won't Boot PCs after a successful clean Windows x Ultimate starts windows for the first time etc etc ask me to select windows update setting goes into windows desktop then does a auto restart proper logging off restart etc At this point after bios screen when it attempts to boot from hdd the PC just resets inself and goes back to POST over and over again I ve tried using only one stick of ram tried using VGA to do a clean install again instead of DVI tried changing my RAM to a lower clock speed every other bios setting is default I also tried updating to the latest bios and again did a clean install delete and create partition even tried installing x instead of x As a last resort I tried installing XP on it and suprisingly that worked But I need Windows on it This is my first time using Asrock MB and I can t help but to think its the MB causing this issue Please help nbsp

Relevancy 73.1%

I have a Dell XPS M1333 Laptop that originally came with Windows Vista Home Edition. I did a wipe of the hard drive, where I then did a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate. Now that I have done a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate there is NO sound at all. Also, I did a check in Device Manager to see the audio driver did install correctly, but still have no sound. In addition, Device Manager shows the Base System Device did not install correctly. I tried doing the auto search on the internet for the driver, but no luck. Can this be the cause of my issue with NO sound? Does anyone have any suggestions? If anyone has a suggestion, please send me an email to: [email protected] Thank You!

A:Dell XPS M1333 clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate, and now NO sound

No sound in Windows - Microsoft Windows Help

John

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/320404-dell-xps-m1333-clean-install-windows-7-ultimate-now-no-sound.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Tech forum noob here. Quick & possibly dumb question for you Windows 7 & 8 tech people out there.

I have OEM discs for Windows 7 Home & Ultimate as well as corresponding product keys. I can't stand Windows 8 or 8.1 on my Lenovo any longer. I want to do a fresh Windows 7 install on my Windows 8 laptop. I'm adept at reinstalling Windows 7 operating systems on any Microsoft Windows machine (pre Windows 8).

With OEM Windows 7 discs, I essentially wiped the 1-3 partitions clean and combined them to create 1 raw partition to install whichever Windows OS I happened to be installing on any particular MS Windows computer. I think I have like 8 partitions on my Windows 8.1 Lenovo.

Before I get to the point of no return on this, can my Windows 7 OEM discs successfully delete 8 partitions to create 1 partition to install an older OS on a Windows 8.1 Lenovo? (I have valid product keys).

A:Clean OS Install-Windows 7 Ultimate/Home OEM over Windows 8(.1) comp

Quote: Originally Posted by Spectr3

Before I get to the point of no return on this, can my Windows 7 OEM discs successfully delete 8 partitions to create 1 partition to install an older OS on a Windows 8.1 Lenovo? (I have valid product keys).

I've never heard that any Win 7 installation disc can't delete whatever partitions you want to delete. If push comes to shove, you can certainly delete partitions through other methods.

You want to install Windows 7 on a Lenovo PC that was originally sold with 8.1, using a "Windows 7 OEM" disc?

Hmmm.......

Tell us more about the "Windows 7 OEM" disc and the "valid product keys" you have.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/342435-clean-os-install-windows-7-ultimate-home-oem-over-windows-8-1-comp.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I've got a couple of laptops running Win 7 Home Premium. They also have a brain damaged version of Office 2010 installed, Office 2010 Starter... but, the software is fine for my needs.

I want to upgrade these laptops to Win 7 Pro in order to be able to join them to a domain. But, legitimate Win 7 installs are getting hard to find. Those that I have found do a clean install only.

Is there a way to save my Office Starter software such that I can restore it after the clean install?

TIA

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/385332-saving-office-2010-starter-when-doing-clean-win-7-pro-install.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello,

After days of trying to search google for help, I have stumpled upon sevenforums and decided to post. So, recently, my hard drive became defective, and my computer would not boot unless I unplugged it, so I replaced it with another old spare hard drive (that works). Because of this, I have to reinstall windows again, and I have already formatted it.

During step 2 of the installation, the step after "copying files", I get this message :

"Windows cannot install required files. The file may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all files required for installation are available and restart. Error Code x080070570".

I tried this same CD on a virtual machine, and it works fine. Also tried resetting bios to default, but doesn't work either. I deleted all the partitions, except 1, but to no avail.
Any suggestions?

Thank you.

A:Error during clean installation of Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit

A shot in the dark here, do you need to load any drivers for the DVD/CD player?

I have a HDD + DVDRW attached to an PCIe<->SATAII addin card and I can start the boot from the DVDRW but after I get past the Loading files section if I do not load the SATA driver I loose connection to both the HDD & the DVDRW

I get around the problem by attaching a USB DVDRW drive just for the boot process

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/196544-error-during-clean-installation-windows-7-ultimate-32-bit.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi,
I have been using Windows 7 RC1 for some time now.
I have already purchased the upgarde Windows 7 64 and 32 bit.
I want to install the 64 bit version on a new HDD from scrath.
I understand that when upgrading the system requires an installed version of Vista or XP but that's not present on disk, I do have Vista but don't want to istall that firts and do a reinstall.
Any suggestions? Please?
Thanks in advance.

A:Solved: Question: Install Windows 7 Ultimate 64 upgrade on new HDD

Clean Install Windows 7 with Upgrade Media

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-question-install-windows-7-ultimate-64-upgrade-on-new-hdd.903490/
Relevancy 69.66%

alright so i have a HP HDX t and i had vista x i recently upgraded to 7 HP install windows upgrade CLEAN -> windows from vista and i was experiencing a lot of problems so i decided to do a clean install i popped in my windows upgrade CD didn't boot from CD and just went through with the installation and clicked custom to do a clean reinstall i kind of just felt like taking a chance because from what i read in order to do HP windows 7 upgrade -> CLEAN install a clean reinstall after you already upgraded everything i was reading said that i would have to go back to Vista using the recovery disc and then do another installation of windows clean but so far everything seems to be running fine so basically what im asking is are there any complications that may arise because of me just doing a clean install straight from an upgrade Also for anyone with HP how might i go about getting HP mediasmart back

A:HP windows 7 upgrade -> CLEAN install

When you ran the DVD it saw an OS and that was all that is needed to accept Upgrade version key without a workaround.

Check your HP Support Downloads page for your model for any missing drivers or apps. Google if necc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/56581-hp-windows-7-upgrade-clean-install.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I have a preference to perform a clean installation, on my active partition; specifically, after deleting the original partitions, containing Windows 7 and the Reserve partition!

This option is available, I believe, by selecting the Advance option, and then choosing the delete both of these partitions!

However, I have come across Blogs, which imply this is only viable, if you have the FULL, rather than the UPGRADE version of Windows 8 Pro.

The Upgrade versions needs to see a previous version of Windows; otherwise the installed Windows 8 will not activate; see link below!

Windows 8 upgrade clean install - activation blocked - PC & Mac Hardware and Software - Digital Spy Forums
There is another article which discusses this subject, on this link:-

Windows 8 Upgrade: clean install possible?

Again, Windows 8 would not activate!

Is this a one off incident, or is there some truth in this

A:Windows 8 Upgrade: clean install possible?

Is this a one off incident, or is there some truth in this

Yes, this true.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/11945-windows-8-upgrade-clean-install-possible.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I'm interested in eventually trying Windows 8, I'm currently using Windows 7 on all my PC's. With 7 I was able to clean install with the upgrade disc I bought when I was in school for $40. Looks like Microsoft is offering upgrades to 8 for the same deal through Jan 31 2013. I was reading some comments on another forum where I found out about this deal that to my understanding using the upgrade will invalid the upgrade key I have on 7, so I can't go back. Is this true? If I buy the upgrade will it come with a product key? So I can clean install?

A:Will I be able to Clean Install with a Windows 8 Pro Upgrade?

From what I have read you need to have a previous version of Win 7, Vista or XP installed on the PC, but it will give you a choice during update to do a clean install. And yes you get a new key for Win 8. It says it invalidates the old key which means you can't use it on another PC but if the key actually gets blocked by MS is unknown.

Jim

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/8871-will-i-able-clean-install-windows-8-pro-upgrade.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello I have kind of a complicated question Is there a way to install Windows Professional Upgrade as a clean install to Parallels on a Macbook Pro I purchased the Windows Professional Upgade as part of the quot Ultimate Steal quot student discount program which install 7 How Windows mac? do to clean I new upgrade requires that I own a copy How do I clean install Windows 7 upgrade to new mac? of Windows XP or Vista I do own Windows XP I have a genuine product key and product ID Here's my situation I have macbook pros One very old macbook pro with Windows XP Professional installed I have the Product Key and ID but no install disc I lost it One new macbook pro and a bootable windows professional upgrade iso and have it burned to a DVD as bootable I have an authentic product key and product ID that microsoft emailed to me I ordered a backup installation DVD but that won't come for a few days hence why I made the iso a bootable DVD So technically I own Windows XP on one mac and want to install a clean version of Windows Professional on a new mac Anyone know how to do this When I try to install Windows using the iso or the DVD Windows in parallels tells me I need a prior version of windows installed The quot Ultimate Steal quot website says that there are no returns allowed and no where on the page does it say I must upgrade from a computer that has XP or Vista on it It only specifies that I must own a valid XP or Vista license I really hate how Microsoft makes this so difficult Your help is greatly appreciated David Microsoft Windows Professional Had i known that Microsoft would make this so difficult I would not have purchased Windows but there are no refunds here's an idea I had if worse comes to worse If there isn't a solution to the above how would I go about downloading a Windows XP Professional ISO to install using parallels on my mac and deactivate windows on my older laptop reinstall windows xp on the new computer Problem is I don't have a install CD so I would need a source for a legit full iso oh and I also have a normal functioning windows home premium laptop if I need to use windows to download anything in addition to the macbook pros i listed above

A:How do I clean install Windows 7 upgrade to new mac?

Hello otissmithd, welcome to Seven Forums!

I have no idea at all if this will work on a mac but since you own a qualifying Windows version, have a look at this tutorial at the link below and be sure to post back with any further questions you may have and to keep us informed.
Do a Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/174212-how-do-i-clean-install-windows-7-upgrade-new-mac.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hey,

I did a reformat of my hard drives, completely clean, recently, and reinstalled my copy of Windows 7 without problems. However, the activation did not go smoothly, my key is a Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit UPGRADE key, and it told me that it couldn't be used.

I have read the other threads on this subject, but couldn't figure out if there was another way or not to deal with this situation, other than buying another copy of windows, or wiping again, installing xp or vista, and then upgrading.

If possible, I would prefer to not have to reinstall windows, or move my files around, because I was borrowing the external drive I used to reformat the first time, and I'm currently in college.

Thanks in advance,
SomebodyDead

A:Clean Install With Windows 7 Upgrade

Somebody, welcome to Sevenforums!

Follow this tutorial: Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version (by Brink). The tutorial mentions many methods, but I do not believe there is any other way (other than what the tutorial lists).

Good luck!

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/214477-clean-install-windows-7-upgrade.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Sorry if if this was answered.

This question is for a friend, but honestly I don't the exact answer myself.

Windows vista, upgrade to 7, now upgraded to Windows 8 using Windows 8 upgrade DVD, keeping his software and files. Friend does not feel system is working as it should so wants to try a clean installation of Windows 8.

Does he have to load Windows vista or 7 again, so he can try a Windows 8 custom install to wipe out drive and get clean install?

Would the Windows 8 reset new option help him?

Thank you for the help.

A:Clean Install of Windows 8 again on an upgrade.

Hello Techy,

Resetting Windows 8 is just about the same as a clean install. I'd say give that a try first. The Windows 8 installation DVD will need to be inserted since it will be needed to do the reset with.

Your friend could also do a traditional clean install with the Windows 8 upgrade anytime as well.

Clean Install with Windows 8 Upgrade

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/15317-clean-install-windows-8-again-upgrade.html
Relevancy 69.66%

A couple of weeks ago I posted about Windows Update not working on my Vista laptop (and it still isn't working). My Windows 7 Ultrabook now has the same problem (it was alright until a couple of weeks ago). I have run Microsoft Fix-It, which says it has fixed it but it hasn't, and I've also cleared the cache in Software Distribution, this hasn't worked either. I'd believe it was something to do with my router except that Windows Update on my Desktop is working fine.
I've decided to put Windows 10 on my Ultrabook. The only problem is that it won't download (presumably to do with Windows Update?). I was wondering therefore if I could download a clean install version of Windows 10, without using Windows Update, maybe onto my desktop, then creating a DVD disc. My Ultrabook is used most for internet so there aren't any settings I'm that bothered about.

A:Clean install of Windows 10, instead of upgrade

click here

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/clean-install-windows-10-instead-upgrade-4595890/
Relevancy 69.66%

So I haven't tried it officially on a new HDD but I did try it over a new Install of Release Preview and it worked great Background I completely wiped my HD and had no install disk recovery nothing I had to go on my Windows and download a legit copy of Windows Pro Upgrade I had it on a USB drive and no matter what I did I kept on getting an Error right after hitting quot Install quot stating that the product key installed is invalid something along those lines etc After all week and many lost nights I finally found the solution Granted I did do this install over a freshly installed Release Preview but I am sure it will work on a new HD Once you create the Bootable USB drive from the Windows Upgrade just add this file quot ei cfg quot to the Sources folder and you should be able to install without the key error The file is in a txt format so I could upload it but just change the txt to cfg and it should be an actual file not a Windows Install **FIX** UPGRADE HDD to 8 clean Pro text file IMPORTANT You will need a VALID KEY once it is installed to even log into the machine Let me know if this works or not

A:**FIX** Install Windows 8 Pro UPGRADE to clean HDD

Hello Metamorphic,

No need to go through all that, and violating the EULA by tampering with a system file and activation like that.

Instead, you could just as easily use the method below to legally do a clean install with a Windows 8 upgrade, and have it activated afterwards.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/14507-fix-install-windows-8-pro-upgrade-clean-hdd.html
Relevancy 69.66%

So im running windows vista sp2 and i want to get windows 7 because i need to reformat my computer but i lost the disk (i got a lot of viruses). If i buy the upgrade version can i still do a clean install?

Thanks in advanced

A:Windows 7 upgrade clean install

Yes, see http://www.windows7news.com/2009/10/22/how...-upgrade-media/.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/329333/windows-7-upgrade-clean-install/
Relevancy 69.66%

I currently have Vista Premium installed but I want a clean (format) install of Windows 7

Can I buy Windows 7 'upgrade' and still do clean install?

A:Can I buy Windows 7 'upgrade' and still do clean install?

Yes, you can .... Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/91361-can-i-buy-windows-7-upgrade-still-do-clean-install.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi For the first time I have purchased an upgrade instead of the full version It installed ok but I am having one or two issues For some reason although in install 8 clean upgrade to Windows power options I have it set to 'shut down' on the power off it shuts down then sometimes within a few minutes or in a few hours during the night usually my pc turns itself back on When it turns on it says 'resume from hibernation' But no where in the power options have I got it set to hibernate The other issue is that occasionally Windows 8 upgrade to clean install I get a BSOD Im guessing this might be something to do with my Brother MFC- printer which uses windows generic drivers as Brother have not Windows 8 upgrade to clean install developed their own yet But Im not sure What I wanted to ask is can I re-format my hard drive using the windows upgrade disk or do I have to use my windows disk and then upgrade to W I thought maybe if I do a clean install it may improve things dixie

A:Windows 8 upgrade to clean install

Hello Dixie, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Yes. You will be able to do a clean install with your upgrade copy of Windows 8 without having to install Windows 7 first. You would just enter your Windows 8 product key during installation.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/13353-windows-8-upgrade-clean-install.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I have a windows 7 ultimate disc but when I try to upgrade it says I need to use Windows anytime upgrade. I just got the laptop and don't care if I have to delete everything on the computer. How can I put ultimate on without having to pay again and use anytime update.
Thanks

Relevancy 68.8%

Hi

New here - sorry if not in right section.

Basically, I have a fresh unused Win 8.1 (non pro) retail boxed licence that I'm thinking of using to get Windows 10 Home before the free upgrade expires. I was thinking of performing a clean install of Win 10 and activating using the Win 8.1 key without installing Win 8.1 first.

I have a few questions. What happens to my licence, will it become an OEM type or remain as a retail licence. That is, I will be able to use it on another PC if I chose to. Or will it be tied to the existing configuration / mobo? Will I essentially be converting my retail licence into an OEM one?

Are there any benefits to installing Win 8.1 first, then applying Win 10?

What happens after the free upgrade expires? Will I be able to clean install Win 10 directly? Will I be able to port my licence?

What's my best course of action?
Thanks.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/57426-windows-10-upgrade-clean-install-retail-vs-oem.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I plan to perform a clean install using a Windows 7 Professional
upgrade disk.

- I have a laptop that originally came with OEM Vista Home Premium.
- Subsequently, the O/S was changed to Vista Ultimate (full version)

I would like to be able to install Vista Ultimate on another PC; to do so,
should I install (full format) the OEM Vista Home Premium prior to
attempting the upgrade to Windows 7?

Thanks.

A:Windows 7 Upgrade - Clean Install Question

Just save your files externally, then boot into the Win7 upgrade installer and choose Custom install>Advanced tools, delete each partition, create new ones as you please, format and install to first partition.

Save your Vista premium disk with your Win7 Upgrade disk in case you would ever need to show a qualifying OS for Upgrade. The ultimate is a full retail version anyway which you can migrate to any other machine as long as it is only one at a time.

However, this should never happen because reinstalls are a thing of the past if you save an image of your HDD using Win7 Backup Image. Just reimage the HDD (or a replacement) in 15 minutes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/32344-windows-7-upgrade-clean-install-question.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi, I was wondering if anyone know when microsoft will put a stop into the clean install using Vista upgrade disc. I heard it will be included in Windows Vista SP1, but wondering from other sources for a better accurate answer. Will Microsoft put a stop to this walk-around. If so, will the millions of copies already sold be affected by the patch, or only recent ones after SP1. I want to do the walk-around as I have a upgrade disc in March of 2008, but wanna make sure that would be possible at that time. Thanks!

A:Windows Vista Upgrade Clean Install Over?

Today at work we tried the workaround with a Windows Anytime Upgrade disk - and it wouldn't work until Vista Home Premium was activated - then we were able to complete the upgrade to Ultimate. It didn't work within Windows or when booting from the DVD. We ended up doing the upgrade (rather than the clean install) to preserve the Windows.old directory on his hard drive - but the option to do the Custom install was available after activation.

OTOH - one of the techs still uses this method to install Vista at home (he reformats rather than removing the malware he gets) and doesn't have any issues with it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/113273/windows-vista-upgrade-clean-install-over/
Relevancy 68.8%

On the Microsoft Community forums they convinced me that I need to do a clean install of Windows I decided that if I have to do a clean install I will replace the C hard drive with a SSD I got the SSD yesterday I've installed drives - times and I've installed Windows upgrades but never a clean install of Windows Some of the disc clean from upgrade install Windows 8/8.1 people were warning me not to do it myself and to get a computer store to do it The told me about Windows 8/8.1 clean install from upgrade disc how changing the ATA setting to AHCI as needed for the SSD will make Windows get into a reboot loop I checked my BIOS and it is already set to AHCI the only other choice was RAID so that shouldn't be a problem This computer came with Windows I bought the retail Windows upgrade disc when it was new and installed it When the free download came out I downloaded it from the Windows store and installed it I have the license keys for all three of these My plan after backing up files of course is to replace the C HD with the SSD use the Window upgrade disc to do a clean install this can be done right do Windows Update do all updates and keep rebooting until there are no more updates download and install the update I read that there can be a problem activating Windows but there is a change you can make to the registry to allow it to activate I've done regedits before Do you see any problems with me doing this myself ADDED Since I wrote this I looked at this video about doing a clean install It says to make an ISO image first Is this video accurate http www youtube com watch v GQyxD-ifsGo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/525801/windows-881-clean-install-from-upgrade-disc/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi,

For your information, I bought my Asus laptop last year that came with Windows 7 Pro.

I'm planning to upgrade to Windows 8 this coming October, however, it seems they require me to provide the windows product key.

I download a software called: "Key Finder" to find my windows key, and to my surprise, it's different from the one (the sticker) at the bottom of my laptop. Later, I found out that the key(from the Key FInder) was actually an OEM key for all Asus laptops.

Now, if I want to upgrade to Windows 8 later, should I provide the OEM product key or the product key from the bottom of my laptop?
One more question, do I have a choice to format my hard disk before installation if I purchase the upgrade version?

Thanks

A:Upgrade/Clean install Windows 8 RTM/GA in the future

I'm not sure that the answers to your questions are yet available.

However, if Win8 is like 7, an upgrade copy would normally be launched from an installed OS. (Exception: when you're changing from 32 bit to 64 bit, or 64 to 32.) You need a product key only to the extent that you need a previous OS installed to run the upgrade.

A Win7 upgrade license permits you to format the disk during installation. However, an upgrade license won't (officially) install on a blank disk, so you might be in trouble of you formatted the disk, and then interrupted the install process. (You'd definitely have trouble if you formatted the disk with a third-party utility, and tried to install Win8 on it with an upgrade copy.)

Again, this is how it worked with Windows 7. 8 may be different. (One change: Microsoft has stated that it'll be OK to install the release version of 8 over the RP. They didn't officially permit that with the Windows 7 RC and release versions, although it worked just fine.)

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/7828-upgrade-clean-install-windows-8-rtm-ga-future.html
Relevancy 68.8%

After having endless installer problem and and using the upgrade option of my Vista a few times, and still having these issues,
I discovered I could purchase for free Windows 7 Ultimate student version from the college,

Since my issues with Vista, is it better to do a clean install of Windows 7?

And is the "student" version of Windows 7 different or limiting from the original Windows 7 Ultimate?

Relevancy 68.8%

I own Windows Vista 64bit, and have ordered Windows 7 Professional 64bit upgrade. How do I do a clean installation of Windows 7 on a new hard drive? Thanks for your help ? IM

A:How to do clean install Windows 7 upgrade on new drive

Hi Imageman

Have a look at these tutorial:

Clean Install Windows 7

Upgrade Install with Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/29798-how-do-clean-install-windows-7-upgrade-new-drive.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi all I've been having a few issues for a while with my onboard GFX. If you are interested see the link.

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...-crashing.html

Anyway I have been asked to reinstall the operating system by asus to see if it rectifies the problem.
While I?m doing this I ideally want to perform a clean install and delete the partition that was left on there by Mesh computers who I bought I from. Vista was initially pre installed on the PC but I bought it with the windows 7 Upgrade option.

What I would like to know is will the windows 7 upgrade disc have the same options as a normal windows 7 operating system disc?

If so how do I delete the partition and perform a clean wipe/install? Have we got an idiot guide.

Cheers for the help

Jacka

A:Clean Install with Windows 7 Upgrade disc.

Quote:
If so how do I delete the partition and perform a clean wipe/install? Have we got an idiot guide.

Take a look here:
SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation
Partition the Hard Drive in a Windows 7 Install

Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/192450-clean-install-windows-7-upgrade-disc.html
Relevancy 68.8%

In a moment of weakness I ordered the retail Windows Pro Upgrade Media from an online vendor and I received it yesterday with both bit with Clean 8 media Windows Pro upgrade install bit media and Key I made a Custom install with the bit media on a GB partition created and formatted with Windows Home Premium bit Windows Disk Clean install with Windows 8 Pro upgrade media Management - a clean install with DELL OEM Reinstall Disk - on my Dell lappy Since it was an upgrade media I followed Brink's tutorial refreshing it after the first Clean install with Windows 8 Pro upgrade media install Everything went on well and Windows Pro activated without any hitch After reading that many users who had bought the media from the vendor were able to do a clean install even on a new HDD I decided to try it So I reformattedd the partition and installed the Windoes Pro and what a surprise It activated automatically without any hitch and what more now I have a dual boot system with OEM Windows amp and Windows Pro I also observed when I followed Brink's tutorial and installed Win the windows old folder contained GB files and with the later clean install though there was a Windows old folder it was empty The media purchased from the online vendor is distributed by a Microsoft authorised distributor and replicated in Singapore EDIT OMG I posted this Windows forum instead if eight forum

A:Clean install with Windows 8 Pro upgrade media

Is this a sharestory or what ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/269793-clean-install-windows-8-pro-upgrade-media.html
Relevancy 68.8%

From what I've read so far, it's my understanding that in order to do a clean install from a Windows 7 Upgrade version, I must have an activated copy of Vista already installed. Is this correct? Or, since I have a copy of Vista, can I do a Windows 7 install on a blank hard drive? Will the Windows 7 install procedure just ask me to insert my Vista CD and some point to confirm I have a legal copy of Vista? Thanks for any help on this.

A:Solved: clean install with Windows 7 Upgrade

Looks to be possible through this process.
http://community.winsupersite.com/b...-windows-7-with-upgrade-media-the-answer.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-clean-install-with-windows-7-upgrade.871201/
Relevancy 68.8%

hello i had windows vista on my pc and i did a Clean Installation of windows 7.but now i have some problems,and i want to install windows 7 again.do i have to go back to windows vista? i have a windows 7 upgrade dvd.

A:can i install windows 7 again after upgrade Clean Installation

No, you do not have to reinstall Vista, if you did a clean install, read this. You do not have to reinstall.
Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version[2]=General Tips

Justd do it the way it shows in the tutorial.

In the future, make a backup and you will never have to reinstall with the DVD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/94801-can-i-install-windows-7-again-after-upgrade-clean-installation.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello everyone Just to let you all know that I have confirmed that you can do either a clean install custom install or upgrade install with a retail Upgrade version of Windows and activate it on a clean unallocated blank drive or partition without any other OS installed or with one installed It does not matter For questions and more information on this please see this tutorial Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows Version confirmed Shawn nbsp nbsp Warning Remember that you need a valid qualifying previous Windows Doing with Clean Install 7 a Upgrade a Version version of Windows to use a Upgrade Windows copy legally Microsoft only made doing a clean install from a upgrade Windows possible to make it more convenient so you do Doing a Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version not have to reinstall both the old Windows version ex Vista and upgrade to Windows everytime you needed or wanted to reinstall If you do not have a valid qualifying previous version of Windows then you are violating the terms of Microsoft's Windows End User License Agreement and could get your product key number invalidated by Microsoft Plus it is considered illegal For more about this please see Microsoft SMB Community Blog Regardless of what any hack says a Windows Upgrade is an Upgrade What you need to know

A:Doing a Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version

Thank you for clearing this up.

The past few days have been a constant battle against misinformation that an Upgrade clean install can be done from boot. Even some regulars have insisted this on thin evidence that the XP Upgrade installer could boot and ask for the qualifying OS key, something which hasn't been in effect since XP.

Similarly, the Vista upgrade over itself trick was specifically foreclosed by MS, ending any hope for a boot clean install. Or so we thought. Now we learn that the Vista trick itself works, and there is Paul Thurrot's workaround to avoid having to install over itself.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/30622-doing-clean-install-upgrade-windows-7-version.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I am sure this has been asked before, but I need to know if I get the upgrade disk and for whatever reason I have to do a clean install again, will the upgrade disk do that or will I have to load Windows XP back on then use the upgrade disk from there? Thanks a lot!

A:Can the Windows 7 upgrade preform a clean install?

Hi jlmnet, welcome to SevenForums!

The easiest way to do this is to image your drive as soon as you install windows 7 and get all the updates. See Brinks tutorial on this -=> Here

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/30346-can-windows-7-upgrade-preform-clean-install.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would be grateful if you can let me know ? I have Windows 8.1, I want to have clean install Windows 10 but first I want upgrade to Windows 10 ? keep this for few days to see everything is WORKING and OK then do CLEAN INSTALL of Windows 10. Can I do this ? If yes then please guide me or let me know how to do this. My email address is <removed>

Once more thanks and I do appreciate for all the advise.

Yours faithfully,

AK

A:First Upgrade to Windows 10 then after few days CLEAN INSTALL

I have removed your email address - ALL communication and support should be kept in the forums as per our rules
ALSO putting your email on public forums is the quickest way to get spam

Yes you can do that using the ISO from here https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

You must do an upgrade first - so that MS can see an orginal valid license for the software and then assign a windows 10 key
After the upgrade you can then do a clean install

I would wait a bit longer than a few days , to check everything works OK
With the upgrade you can revert back to the original software for upto 30days after the upgrade and then the windows.old folder will be deleted

I would make sure you make a note fo your old windows key before the upgrde
With 8.1
that would be obtained by running www.belac.com or https://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/first-upgrade-to-windows-10-then-after-few-days-clean-install.1155008/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hey all, I bought an upgrade copy of Windows 8 back when it released, and I've been using the same installation since 2012. Windows have been giving me a lot of issues, so I'm planning on re-installing in a week or two. I want to format my hard drive and then install Windows, but I'm afraid if I do so, I won't be able to use the upgrade disc to install Windows (considering Windows won't be installed). Is this still possible? If so, is there a special way to do it?

Thanks much for your help!

A:Clean install with an upgrade copy of Windows 8?

How to download and clean install Windows 8.1 -> link

Note: This Windows 8.1 installation media accepts Windows 8/8.1 product keys, both OEM and retail (for example, "Windows 8 Pro $15/$40 Upgrade Offer" product key).

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/60005-clean-install-upgrade-copy-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Guys my first post and I have looked at the tutorials just wanting to clear up a few things I have Windows Vista Home Bit and upgraded to Windows Pro bit I installed a new HDD at the time as I wanted Windows on of 7 Install with upgrade disk Windows Clean that instead of on the Vista drive That has left me Clean Install of Windows 7 with upgrade disk with the little issue of Clean Install of Windows 7 with upgrade disk the product key not being valid as I didn't install on the top of the older system Now I will need to activate it at some point and have just come across the forum and your excellent tutorials now you have linked to Paul Thurrott's guide and he mentions a double install method which is supported by Microsoft I would prefer this Clean Install of Windows 7 with upgrade disk route as it looks easy and less likely that I will do it wrong My main questions are when I installed Windows I stupidly clicked the Activate Online thing Will double install or any of the other methods still work Will the double install lose all my upgrades I have had to make to get all my devices working not to bothered but would prefer this not to happen as it took me days to do my drivers and various other installs to get back to being able to run fully Anyway so far I am very impressed by Windows and well Vista will never be used again and once I have this little issue sorted I may well be getting rid of vista of my other HDD Just one final question how much RAM can I install now that I am running Windows bit I currently have gb gb per channel for processor I know what type to get but what is the Maximum it will take for the OS Anyway I know it is Christmas and not to fussed if I get a reply tonight or tomorrow I hope some one can help me Finally I would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas

A:Clean Install of Windows 7 with upgrade disk

Doing a Repair Install to activate Upgrade version keeps everything exactly in place, reinstalls the OS and reconfigures the boot. It only clears some custom visual effects settings and clears activation for your Upgrade key to be inserted. In fact, you should be able to insert your key at the first prompt since it will see your underlying OS as qualifying for Upgrade version key.

Or do the Paul Thurrot workaround which is quicker.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/49230-clean-install-windows-7-upgrade-disk.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Did a clean install after a Windows 10 Pro upgrade, from a disk created from an ISO from media creator...all went ok, but says Windows not activated....just telling me to go to the store and buy a licence or enter a new key....

It was activated before I did the clean install, what can I do now ?

thanks

A:Clean install after upgrade Windows NOT activating

Do you have an error code or screen shot?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/45917-clean-install-after-upgrade-windows-not-activating.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I bought a windows 7 ultimate upgrade disk, I found a way to clean install it but I can't activate it. Please help.

A:Clean Install Windows 7 with a upgrade disk

An Upgrade disc can only be used on a Windows OS that is already activated and is not a pirated copy. If the previous Windows version is not legal, the upgrade will not activate. If by chance your previous Windows was legit, then call Microsoft to Activate your Windows.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/clean-install-windows-7-with-a-upgrade-disk-643874.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I am replacing my current hard drive with a SSD. I am also changing the motherboard, CPU, and RAM. So, I guess you can call it a new system. What I need to do is install a Window 7 upgrade media on the new SSD. I will be using my Windows 7 upgrade media from a Family 3 pack Windows 7 upgrade media. I used this Family 3 packs to upgrade this computer on the current hard drive and two other computers. So, I have used it three times. According to everything I have seen I will need to do a double install to ensure that Windows 7 will activate. What I need to know do I need to activate Windows XP before installing Windows 7? Will the fact that I have already used the Family pack three times in the past affect the activation?

A:Clean install of Windows 7 Upgrade media

I think that your chief problem may be that Microsoft considers a motherboard change a different system. Of course, if your XP is retail (not OEM) you can transfer it to the "new" PC and then should be able to upgrade with the three-pack.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/clean-install-of-windows-7-upgrade-media.1075417/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello everyone nbsp I was going to upgrade to windows but something odd botched, upgrade install,... 10 want clean to windows happened nbsp nbsp While still in I went into safemode to do some last minute cleaning malware checker etc but got stuck somehow and now safemode just restarts over and over nbsp nbsp My Lenovo H won't restart into normal windows so I can do the upgrade nbsp nbsp nbsp I thought this would be no problem since a clean install of Win was probably a better idea but now I need a product key nbsp nbsp I have a Win install USB ready to go but I wanted to be sure about product key before I windows 10 upgrade botched, want to clean install,... start windows 10 upgrade botched, want to clean install,... Since I cannot boot into any more I plan on formatting the disk and installing Win from the USB stick nbsp nbsp I created the Win USB using the Microsoft Windows Media Creation Tool https www microsoft com en-us software-download windows nbsp I am entitled to a free Windows upgrade but I just don't know how to get it done now nbsp nbsp Any ideas

A:windows 10 upgrade botched, want to clean install,...

Your Windows 8.1 key is embedded in the BIOS, so you do not need the key, but you likely will not be able to just install Windows 10 either as the 8.1 key is a OEM version.   Have you tried using the Lenovo One Key Recovery option to restore your system back to 8.1 using the hidden recovery partition?     You will lose all of your data, but you would lose it too if your reformat the drive anyway, and that will at least get your system back up and running in 8.1 so you can try again.  Lenovo H5 Series User Guide   (see page 19)http://www.lenovo.com/shop/americas/content/user_guides/h_ug_en.pdf You can also try starting Windows 8 in recovery mode by holding down the Shift key and rapidly pressing F8 upon turning on the system, or by unplugging it once you see it just start to boot 3-4 times in a row, and you should be sent into the Windows 8's Advanced Repair Options where you can run System Restore. Another option is to make a bootable System Recovery Disk (you can make one on any Windows 7, 8.1 or 10 system as long as the system used is the same 32-bit or 64-bit type as your system, which was most likely 64-bit Windows 8.1).    Once you make the disk on another system, you can boot to the System Recover Disk CD, and run a System Restore back to a restore point created prior to upgrading to Windows 10 or try an automatic repair. The option to create a System Recovery Disk is under Backup and Restore in the Windows Control Planel and requires a blank CD-R or DVD. How To Boot Into Safe Mode On Windows 8 or 10http://www.howtogeek.com/107511/how-to-boot-into-safe-mode-on-windows-8-the-easy-way/ Good Luck,  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/windows-10-upgrade-botched-want-to-clean-install-need-product/td-p/3305002
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi Microsoft,
I'm currently waiting to upgrade my motherboard as I need this question answered. I'm changing from my Pre-installed JasmineR motherboard from my HP Pavilion 500-242ea to the ASUS ROG Crossblade Ranger. I've been searching all over the internet trying to
find out if i can upgrade my motherboard without having to clean install windows 8.1. All the things I have found say that this is possible but every thread I've seen seems to be conflicted by people saying that it is not possible. I've seen everywhere that
I would have to re-activate windows but is this all I have to do to get my windows 8.1 to boot with everything intact. I have that much stuff that i can not afford to clean install so can i change my motherboard without losing anything and if so then how?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ef33ccc7-2536-4e1b-89db-3fc0c4083724/windows-81-motherboard-upgrade-without-clean-install?forum=w8itprohardware
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello everyone,
My new hard drive should arrive soon, and I'm wondering if it's possible to install Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Upgrade Edition without installing Vista first.
I have the Vista DVD.
It's just that I don't want to spend time installing Vista, then 7. Also, last time I tried this it resulted in an undeletable windows.old folder, but that's not an issue anymore.

Will I simply insert the Windows 7 disc, install it, and then some time during the installation insert the Vista disc and enter the product key? That would be the best scenario.

And, on the side, my new hard drive is solid-state, so is there anything special I should know? I will enable NHCI in BIOS prior to installation.

Thank you very much for your time

A:Clean install of Windows 7 Upgrade - Without Vista first

How to Do a Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/140826-clean-install-windows-7-upgrade-without-vista-first.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Some time ago my computer's HDD broke down and I took it to the technicians to be repaired Then ultimate from w7 reinstallation starter Windows 7 I was using a Windows 7 starter reinstallation from w7 ultimate Windows starter Windows 7 starter reinstallation from w7 ultimate x but they installed w ultimate instead Initially I didn't care as everything worked about fine Now however I've started noticing several problems networking and otherwise that did not exist with the w starter Therefore I want to reinstall my old Starter edition I try to tap F during startup to start recovery but it shows quot please wait quot and resumes loading windows as per usual I tried to search the computer for quot Samsung Recovery quot and other such phrases but it gave me nothing Therefore the recovery package is not in my computer MY Windows 7 starter reinstallation from w7 ultimate computer is a laptop so I could not use a recovery disk even if I had one Initialy my computer had some stickers on the botton showing the windows key but as it is more than years old there is almost nothing left of them I understand this could be a chellanging situating and hope somebody will have some kind solution to this catch- Thanks in advance

A:Windows 7 starter reinstallation from w7 ultimate

Can you post a screenshot of your disk management window? Write "disk management" in the Start menu searchbox and then press Enter to bring it up. It will tell us if there is or not a recovery partition. If the hdd was changed, I'm pretty sure there isn't anymore, but it's still worth checking.

Try taking a pic of the sticker, with some image tweaking and some guesswork we can help extracting the license key (if possible at all).

If your sticker is unreadable and the original installation is overwritten, you need to buy another license from some internet retailer that still has windows 7 installation disks (and their activation code) in stock.
Starter is not sold afaik, the lower one you can buy is Home Premium.

There are two versions, the OEM disks that link permanently the installation to the device once installed, and the Retail that allows you to move the windows 7 to another device if you want to.

As a sidenote, I'm 99% sure that the ultimate you are using is counterfeit, and that the techs that did that were morons, as anyone in the trade knows has all-in-one windows 7 installation disks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/302190-windows-7-starter-reinstallation-w7-ultimate.html
Relevancy 68.37%

You can get the equivilant of a clean install from a windows upgrade disk You still need to have the previous version of windows installed and run the windows upgrade installation on it Once it is installed move your mouse down to the bottom right of the screen to get the right menu Click settings then click change PC settings Click general on the list to the left Scroll down the items til you see remove everything and reinstall windows Click get started While running the reinstall make sure to select clean entire drive and save nothing Run the reinstall When it is done it will be a clean install of windows but it will have kept the license and activation files for both the previous windows version and windows Those files are required for the windows upgrade activation This leaves only windows installed and gets rid of any files left from the previous windows install including the windows old file It may request to get time. Windows some clean install-takes upgrade-way 8 your upgrade disk for the reinstall Don t do this if you are trying to upgrade and keep your files This is only if you want to have a clean install of windows with none of your previous data left Be Windows 8 upgrade-way to get clean install-takes some time. advised that the reinstall itself can take several hours to run It is slow so just let it do it s thing Just a note With windows upgrade you want to have your previous windows version disks available or a set of factory restore disks In case of a serious system crash you will need to reinstall the previous version then upgrade again Be smart and make a backup image of your system so you don t lose your data in case of a crash Remember once you upgrade you can t use your previous windows on another computer even if it is retail The upgrade and the previous version licenses are tied together If you want to be able to use both buy the retail version of windows and install that Media Center for windows Pro is free for a limited time Make sure to get your key while it is still available Scroll down this page to request a key http windows microsoft com en-US windows- feature-packs If you try to do a full install on an empty hard drive with a windows upgrade disk it will install but it won t activate Don t waste your time on it You have to have the system key activation files on the drive when upgrading Activation checks for them and kicks out an error that windows upgrade is not licensed for a full install nbsp

A:Windows 8 upgrade-way to get clean install-takes some time.

I made this a sticky. If you don't want that, leroys1000, just let me know and I'll unstick. Thank you for the info.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-8-upgrade-way-to-get-clean-install-takes-some-time.1075522/
Relevancy 68.37%

Identify What Edition of Windows A Device with Windows Home OEM or Windows Home Single Language OEM preinstalled Unfortunately Microsoft don rsquo t distinguish between these Editions A Device with Windows Home N OEM may have the same sticker but I have never seen a Device with this Edition preinstalled A Device with Windows Home OEM Windows Home OEM preinstalled These Devices have Digital Entitlement to Windows Home Alternatively a Device with Windows Home Single Language OEM or Windows Home Single Language OEM preinstalled These Devices have Digital Entitlement to Windows Home Single Language nbsp Unfortunately Microsoft don rsquo t distinguish between these Editions A Device with Windows Home N OEM or Windows Home N OEM with Digital Entitlement to Windows Home N may have the same sticker but I have never seen a Device with this Edition preinstalled A Device with Windows Home with Bing OEM preinstalled which has Digital Entitlement to Windows Home Alternatively a Device with Windows Home Single Language with Bing OEM preinstalled which has Digital Entitlement to Windows Home Single Language nbsp Unfortunately Microsoft don rsquo t distinguish between these Editions A Device with Windows Pro OEM preinstalled A Device with Windows Pro nbsp N OEM may have the same sticker but I have never seen a Device with this Edition preinstalled A Device with Windows Pro OEM Windows Pro OEM preinstalled These Devices have Upgrade 10 a Clean Install Windows to to Obtaining on How - Information Digital Entitlement to Windows Pro A Device with Windows Pro N OEM or Windows Pro N OEM with Digital Entitlement to Windows Pro N may have the same sticker but I have never seen a Device with How to Upgrade to Windows 10 - Information on Obtaining a Clean Install this Edition preinstalled For Devices which came preinstalled with Windows you will need to input the sticker on the COA during installation which should be affixed to your system To prevent COA fading the COA is likely in the battery compartment of Laptops and inside the computer cover of Desktops Use your smartphone to take a picture of it before installation For UEFI BIOS Embedded OEM System Locked Preinstallation Keys stickers nbsp - Microsoft hasn t made a clear distinction between the different How to Upgrade to Windows 10 - Information on Obtaining a Clean Install Home Editions or different Pro Editions A For Windows OEM the nbsp Windows TH installation media will automatically input your nbsp UEFI BIOS Embedded System Locked Preinstallation Key during installation provided you nbsp have How to Upgrade to Windows 10 - Information on Obtaining a Clean Install the correct Edition selected B If you are installing the wrong Edition you will be asked for a key hellip If you skip the product key you will install the wrong Edition and experience Microsoft Product Activation issues hellip As a rule of thumb if your system cannot boot and you cannot determine your preinstalled Edition follow the steps Try to boot with the Windows TH iso containing the Windows Home and Windows Pro Edition If you are taken to the license agreement screen you have the correct Edition A If you are asked for a product key B abort installation and repeat with the Windows Single Language TH iso nbsp If you are taken to the license agreement screen A you have the correct Edition If you are asked for a product key B abort installation and repeat with the Windows N nbsp TH iso containing the Windows Home N and Windows Pro N Edition nbsp If you are taken to the license agreement screen A you have the correct Edition If neither of the nbsp isos work you don rsquo t have a UEFI BIOS Embedded SLP key B Windows TH Upgrade Table https philipyip files wordpress com th -upgrade-table pdf Tutorial Videos https www youtube com playlist list PL RkaknDn v-Ucth gt U BHVSY oNkWr Checklist Before Upgrading to Windows Ensure you have created Windows USB Recovery Media using Dell Backup and Recovery version this will allow you to reinstal... Read more

A:How to Upgrade to Windows 10 - Information on Obtaining a Clean Install

Helpful videos Philip, if a bit quick with all those menu choices. I had to keep pausing and rewinding to catch things.
What this doesn't show though is whether the upgrade to Windows 10 or the subsequent clean reinstall from a recovery drive would remove any third party programs including Dell apps, as your Windows 10 desktop screen is empty.
I would guess the initial upgrade would not remove third party programs as the W8 to 8.1 didn't. But if the Recovery Drive is created through Windows 10, does this also keep everything on the machine, or does it reinstall just W10 and anything Microsoft is providing?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19642950
Relevancy 68.37%

This is basically the same with Vista, as posted in the Vista section."Can I use a Windows 7 Upgrade version to perform a clean install of the OS?"This is becoming particularly antsy for people because they want to take advantage of the time-limited Windows 7 presale, which starts tomorrow.So, what the heck, I asked.The answer, I'm told, is ... Yes. You can perform a clean install of Windows 7 with the Upgrade media, as you could with Windows Vista.http://community.winsupersite.com/blogs/pa...4-upgrades.aspx

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/236695/windows-7-clean-install-from-upgrade-media-confirmed/
Relevancy 68.37%

I upgraded my Aspire to 10 with no problems. I would like to clean install. When I try to clean install I get message "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table. Windows can only be installed to GPT disk. Can I not get a clean install?

A:Aspire X1430G. Clean windows install after upgrade

Look at this post and read more posts on the next page. http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2376-usb-flash-drive-create-install-windows-10-a-13.html#post4513... I found it was a little complex but if you need to Join Tenforums at the top of any page you can then ask a question on the last page of this link. If "BRINK" answers your question he is the very best. http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Aspire-X1430G-Clean-windows-install-after-upgrade/td-p/443377
Relevancy 68.37%

I'll on system? How Windows upgrade install SSD 7 clean existing to to be buying an OCZ Vertex or Agility in the next few weeks but before doing so I want to get this straight I have an existing building with an HDD with Windows Home Premium bit installed My intent is to add an SDD make it my system boot drive I want to leave the Users folder on my HDD Programs Files and Program Data will also stay on HDD though I may put some programs on the SDD later I prefer to do a clean install of Windows on the new drive I've found a tutorial on this site for changing the default location of a User profile So it seems pretty straightforward that after I've installed Windows on one drive to have it recognize user profiles on another drive I'm just not clear on how to get rid of Windows on the original drive that I'll still be using How to clean install Windows 7 to SSD upgrade on existing system? for data I don't have a third drive to transfer all of the data to while doing this So is there any step-by-step guide out there on how to do this Here are the steps as I see it please let me know if I'm screwed up somewhere Unplug HDD and plug SSD in mobo in How to clean install Windows 7 to SSD upgrade on existing system? same place Install windows on SSD as normal Add HDD Change Users location in Windows to HDD How to clean install Windows 7 to SSD upgrade on existing system? drive Can I then just uninstall Windows from the HDD Will that delete the Users folder and profiles This is where I'm stumped and can't find any info Please help Thanks

A:How to clean install Windows 7 to SSD upgrade on existing system?

You're just going about it slightly askew:

You want to install your OS and Programs to the SSD, since programs write registry keys to the OS such that they are integrated into it until uninstalled.

So just back up your active User folders externally, then copy them into a freshly wiped HD which is Primary partitioned NTFS. You can also back up the System image to it's own partition on that HD, but I'd back up the User folders to external.
Backup Complete Computer - Create an Image Backup
Backup User and System Files

This should be what you're working from: User Folders - Change Default Location:

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/128524-how-clean-install-windows-7-ssd-upgrade-existing-system.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi is there anyway i can do this? also i dont know how to do it from the bios can you help me?

i also want to make sure there are no traces of vista and all data is gone.

additional informartion:

toshiba satellite a500
4gb ram
500gb hd

A:Clean install with upgrade version without windows.old file?

Hello Johhny,

Sorry, but no. However, you can just delete the Windows.old folder afterwards to regain the HDD space.

Windows.old Folder - Delete

Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/133897-clean-install-upgrade-version-without-windows-old-file.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I just did a clean Windows 7 install.

BTW there is an excellent guide here by gregrocker.

How do I upgrade the default IE8 to IE11? Should I uncheck IE 8 (Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on or off) or just leave it checked and then install IE11?

Or do I install IE11 and it will uncheck IE8 by itself during the installation process?

I was browsing the net and found an interesting read basically saying not to uncheck it.

I noticed after installing W7 and then running Windows Update it installed some IE11 updates even while IE11 is not yet installed.

A:Upgrade Internet Explorer 8 on clean Windows 7 install

Hi,
It's best to uninstall the ie11 update if installed and hide it when it comes up,
Then recheck for updates and load them in the way they were first released 9-10-11
That way if you decide to roll back to a prior version 10 is already there
Plus it just works better
Cheers.
For the record ie10 is the more stable version

Also turning a windows feature off does nothing productive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/351264-upgrade-internet-explorer-8-clean-windows-7-install.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi all though not a regular here at TSF but have been a member for sometime I do frequently come here to find answers and usually do find them without having to post any questions Now I Upgrade 8 [SOLVED] (Reformat/Clean Install) Windows have something to ask regarding Windows so here it is I've recently [SOLVED] Windows 8 Upgrade (Reformat/Clean Install) purchased the version of [SOLVED] Windows 8 Upgrade (Reformat/Clean Install) Windows Pro from MS back in October thus upgraded from Windows Ultimate but recently I notice my pc is sluggish and some errors are appearing so I want to reformat my HDD with a fresh install of my programs and files To do this now I need some sort of ISO or OS software media to re-install Windows I want to [SOLVED] Windows 8 Upgrade (Reformat/Clean Install) know is there a way to create a re-install type of media with my key attached since I just want a clean install on my Dell Inspiron Desktop currently with WIN not wanting to create copies or other installs just to reformat and install on the same PC For anyone wondering my PC specs is Dell Inspiron Ghz Pentium GB ram bit OS x based processor Hope this helps my case

A:[SOLVED] Windows 8 Upgrade (Reformat/Clean Install)

When you upgraded you should have seen the option to create a DVD, .ISO or flash media version of the file. If you didn't do this, just run the upgrade assistant again, enter your product key, then download a new version of Windows 8 and create an .ISO.

Or, you could reinstall Windows 7 (may be required if you upgraded from an OEM version) and go here:

Upgrade to Windows 8 with only a product key - Microsoft Windows

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/solved-windows-8-upgrade-reformat-clean-install-679876.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hiya there

I have a computer running windows 7 (prem) and I am wanting to do a clean install of a retail purchased DVD of windows 8 Pro upgrade.

Now I am aware there are tutorials on here telling you how to do that.. deleting partitions etc and I understand them, however as I understand the process it just wipes the allocation tables then does a quick format, then installs windows 8.

What I want to do is WIPE my hard drive (fill it with zero's) and then install windows 8 upgrade, is this possible or can I choose a FULL format when installing windows 8 ?

I hope you understand what i mean, looking forward to your reply.

Andy

A:A CLEAN install of windows 8 upgrade after disk wipe.

Welcome to the forums zooburner, you don't need to wipe your hard drive (with zero), you will be able to choose full format during the upgrade process. One of the requirements for upgrade is that you need to have a licenced copy of windows installed in your PC.
When you do the upgrade, choose "Custom Install".
What are the cheapest and easiest upgrade paths to Windows 8? | ZDNet

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/10327-clean-install-windows-8-upgrade-after-disk-wipe.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello W10Forums;

We are thinking about releasing the Windows 10 upgrade into the wild on the machines of our customers. However, since we are using specific management software e.t.c., we do not wish the users to perform a clean install of Windows 10, only the in-place upgrade.

Is there a way to remove the 2 other options in the upgrade screen?

A:Windows 10 upgrade - block the clean install option

Talking about a reset without keeping anything is one way without a Windows 10 Media.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/44519-windows-10-upgrade-block-clean-install-option.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I installed windows 7 Ult clean on my SSD not other drives, no data to back up, updated to Win 7 SP1 so I could kick off the windows 10 install.

it's been 12 fucking hours and I am still at 92% installing.. it took me 5 hours to download.. wtf I ran speedtest 12ms ping 60Mbps down.. wtf..

I have no data to back up as this is a clean fresh win 7 install... seriously!

A:So clean install windows 7 then upgrade to 10... 12 hours later still installing

And you didn't do a clean windows 10 install because...

https://hardforum.com/threads/so-clean-install-windows-7-then-upgrade-to-10-12-hours-later-still-installing.1904576/
Relevancy 68.37%

I upgraded my Aspire to 10 with no problems. I would like to clean install. When I try to clean install I get message "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table. Windows can only be installed to GPT disk. Can I not get a clean install?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Aspire-X1430G-Clean-windows-install-after-upgrade/td-p/443377/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 68.37%

How to Clean Install Windows Vista with Upgrade Media

Nice workaround.

A:How to Clean Install Windows Vista with Upgrade Media

I have bookmarked this for future reference

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-clean-install-windows-vista-with-upgrade-media.541069/
Relevancy 68.37%

I am running Windows XP Home Edition SP3 right now and I finally decided that it is time to upgrade to Windows Vista. Due to my lack of money right now I was planning on doing the "upgrade" version to Windows Vista Home Premium. Before I bought it though I was told by some friends that it is not the wisest thing to do because it leaves some old files behind....

I really don't want to do a clean install due to all the important files that I would have to move and then move back and I didn't want to risk it....

Any advice for what to do?

Thanks in advance,

Jackles2012

A:[SOLVED] Upgrade or clean install to Windows Vista?

go to win 7

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win.../download.aspx

clean install is the best option,do the upgrade it can take a few hours,it is usually quicker to save what you need and reinstall as the clean install only takes approx half an hour

it will save having to buy win 7 until it is released and having to buy vista

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-upgrade-or-clean-install-to-windows-vista-387470.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi so basically I'll start from the begginging My parents computer has been running on Windows Vista since they got it the computer is a quot Dell Inspiron quot nothing special the 7 screen install upgrade; Windows Clean black & issue only thing changed in it is a quot Nvidia GeeForce GT quot The specs are fine for running Windows I recently got round to installing Windows Home Premium bit copying files extracting goes fine reboots and then nothing I get the windows splash screen but nothing afterward it just goes to a black screen no curser visable if i restart and boot in safe mode it gets past the splash screen but onlt to inform me that Windows cannot complete the installation in safe mode if I boot up in low res mode then I just get a splash screen and once again a blank screen no curser visable After a few restarts and a few hours of Windows 7 Clean install & upgrade; black screen issue forums hunting for solutions I decided to install Vista back onto the system once the install was complete and I got back to my desktop I installed the Nvidia drivers and then did another install of Windows but this time using the quot Upgrade quot option in the hope that it may be the graphics card or something needing the drivers P However this time I did get a little bit further the install copied and extracted the files fine rebooted AND then went on to do a few more Windows 7 Clean install & upgrade; black screen issue installation processes AFTER this however the system did its restart and same issue Windows splash screen and onto the black screen nothing else This time I restarted the computer and booted in 'Safe Mode' again but the difference was it came up it had reverted to the previous version of Windows due to the reset reverted to Windows Vista Soooo my question is Windows 7 Clean install & upgrade; black screen issue has anybody else encountered the same issue Sorry for the wall of text but figured the more I include the better chance of resolving this is lol Also Windows - Opinions for my computer lol Worth it or just stick with

A:Windows 7 Clean install & upgrade; black screen issue

Is your Win 7 installation disc burned, borrowed, OEM, retail, or what?

Windows 8 is cheap, but I'd wouldn't install it if it were given to me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/258960-windows-7-clean-install-upgrade-black-screen-issue.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I have a laptop which has been giving me a hard time lately question windows clean disc formatting 7 install upgrade and I need to reinstall windows for the th windows 7 clean install upgrade disc formatting question time windows 7 clean install upgrade disc formatting question in years I have never reformatted it before and all I have is the windows upgrade disk that came with it I got it back in September when all windows 7 clean install upgrade disc formatting question of those free upgrade deals were going on it originally had vista I read that you can have activation issues after formatting the hard drive while installing using the upgrade disc I think Microsoft let you do it if your email them to activate it but I'm not sure and I don't know where you would do this Since I don't feel like formatting it installing vista and then reinstalling can anyone help EDIT Note that I am using the upgrade disk but you can still do a clean install with the upgrade disk However my problem is that in order to be activated even with a clean install the upgrade needs to recognize that there was a previous version of windows on the computer Because formatting erases this it can cause a problem trying to activate

A:windows 7 clean install upgrade disc formatting question

A clean install
Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version[2]=General Tips
This is the best way to install
If you do not want to have a clean install, you will just do an upgrade install. No format, a lot easier but the results are often less than adequate.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/120914-windows-7-clean-install-upgrade-disc-formatting-question.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello I have a Dell Inspiron R SE Upgrade on Clean Install Dell 8 Performing Windows Laptop laptop that came with Windows Core edition pre-installed This laptop has never worked properly for some reason It won't shutdown Performing Clean Install Upgrade on Windows 8 Dell Laptop the normal way it'll just stay on the shutdown screen forever and it never comes back from sleep without a BSOD along with other troubles that haven't been solved by updating drivers etc I decided I want to do a clean Windows re-install and upgrade on my laptop to get rid of these problems but it's been ages since I last did this back in Win K times I used to dual boot Slackware Linux and I've bee reading about all this UEFI Secure Boot etc and Performing Clean Install Upgrade on Windows 8 Dell Laptop quite frankly it's making me quite nervous I was even planning on taking this chance to dual boot some linux distro but it looks sooo difficult Things are much more complicated these days for the tinkerer I need a bit of help making Performing Clean Install Upgrade on Windows 8 Dell Laptop sure I don't screw up and if I do I need to make sure I can get back to a running system quickly For starters here is how the hard drive is partitioned http i imgur com Tr ke png And this is the Diskpart output http hastebin com raw mejazevose Why do I have partitions I understand the recovery partition the OS partition and after lots of reading the ESP partition but I'm not sure about the others What do I need to keep I've been reading around and I see some people recommend wiping the whole drive and starting from scratch Is this a good ide I'll create the installation media from a windows MSDN ISO using a USB drive When I start the installation process it will ask me where I want to reinstall it to Do I just choose the OS partition Won't the recovery partition be based on a Windows image and be useless from now on What's the best way I can get back to a fully working system in case I screw up somehow I've made an image of my drive using Macrium Reflect free edition But I read here that I cannot make an image of a GPT disk Will this image I made work for getting back to a working system quickly in case I screw up As a last resort I've made a Recovery USB using the Dell Backup and Recovery Method In the extreme case that I screw up real bad will this work to get back a factory-state system even if I've wiped my hard drive clean I'm assuming this tool is for helping users recover after a dead hard drive so it should work right If you need any more info let me know Thanks in advance

A:Performing Clean Install Upgrade on Windows 8 Dell Laptop

Originally Posted by rama

1.1)I'll create the installation media from a windows 8.1 MSDN ISO using a USB drive. When I start the installation process it will ask me where I want to reinstall it to. Do I just choose the OS partition? Won't the recovery partition be based on a Windows 8 image and be useless from now on?

Delete all partitions until you only see Drive 0 Unallocated Space.

How to clean install Windows 8.1 if you have an OEM computer with UEFI firmware (BIOS) embedded Windows 8/8.1 product key?

Windows 7/8 setup: Installing using Legacy BIOS Boot Mode or UEFI Boot Mode.

Originally Posted by rama

4)As a last resort, I've made a Recovery USB using the Dell Backup and Recovery Method. In the extreme case that I screw up real bad, will this work to get back a factory-state system even if I've wiped my hard drive clean?

Note: This usually does not work if your hard disk is blank: link

Reset Windows 8

This will show you how to use a new feature in Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 to reset your PC to completely start over back to default to remove all personal data, apps, and settings from the PC, and reinstall Windows. This is like doing a factory restore/recovery on a purchased computer.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/54275-performing-clean-install-upgrade-windows-8-dell-laptop.html
Relevancy 67.08%

is it possible? any guides here?

i have a new acer aspire one D250 netbook. it's OS is win7 starter. i want to upgrade it to win7 ultimate.

will my new OS (if ever) be still genuine/licensed?

A:upgrade win7 starter to win7 ultimate

Do have enough RAM? A lot of the netbooks only have 1GB of RAM and for most versions of Win 7, 2GB is MINIMUM.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/115212-upgrade-win7-starter-win7-ultimate.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I have got myself into a bit of a mess.

I installed my version of windows starter on my mom's PC which was previously running vista. To see if it improved the performance or if the laptop itself was rubbish. It did so I purchased an upgrade to windows home premium. When I enter the upgrade key it says I need the current key is invalid for upgrade and that I need to phone a number. Does this mean the software I brought is useless. I didn't want to buy a disc as I had read that using a upgrade key meant everything was kept. Is there anyway I can use the software I've brought. The computer recognises the key as an upgrade one.
Thanks.

A:Windows upgrade starter to premium current key not valid for upgrade

Quote:
I installed my version of windows starter on my mom's PC which was previously running vista.

You can not use the Windows Starter from your Notebook on your mother PC.
Doing so would be a invalid upgrade.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/307006-windows-upgrade-starter-premium-current-key-not-valid-upgrade.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi guys, so after my girlfriend dropping my laptop, everything was wiped and the hard drive rendered unusable. I bought a new hard drive and installed Windows 7 using an *upgrade* disc that was purchased not for this laptop but for another desktop within the household, therefore the product key would not be valid for this installation.

Originally, before the drop, I had bought and downloaded Windows 7 version online, so the product key was emailed to me. That email account is no longer available as I bought it through the student deal (and am now no longer a student so i cant access the college email).

Any ideas what i should do? I have used keyfinders to locate my product key but the key provided does not work. I have also tried method 2 on this website: http://www.winsupersite.com/win7/clean_install_upgrade_media.asp but to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

A:Activating clean install of Windows 7 upgrade - Lost E-mail with product key

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/activating-clean-install-of-windows-7-upgrade-lost-e-mail-with-product-key.925925/
Relevancy 66.65%

I have been all over the net searching for this issue I stopped Windows error 80070005 Ultimate failed 10 7 SP1 on upgrade Win Desktop here because over years I have got lots of good intel from Bleeping Computer Com I have also went through the othe post here with same problem Did not want to post in that thread I have a self built tower Gigabyte A-UD mobo Phenom II BL cpu Sapphire HD graphics Card Win Windows 10 upgrade failed error 80070005 on Desktop Win 7 Ultimate SP1 Ultimate SP x all updates legit Here's what I have tried Tweaking com all in one newest ran in safe mode with networking reset registry permissions reset file permissions repair windows update did this different times I also ran sfc scannow from inside that program and with elevated cmp There were errors that could not be fixed on first run before I seen the Tweaking com program from Windows 10 upgrade failed error 80070005 on Desktop Win 7 Ultimate SP1 here and Microsoft forums I'm thinking re do all and post logs if any one is available to help I have google drive and now the onedrive I have tried many things now for week or so I had errors on all three pc's laptops My laptop that had Windows Ultimate x that I put on it because the HP operating system on it was totally screwed from kids using it etc It had same error on it I restart it and cut everything from software distribution downloads folder and put in different ex hdd just in case This pc had failed attempts at upgradeing to Windows home After the removing all stuff from download folder a restart along with a elvated cmd to start windows update wuauclt exe updatenow I'm pretty sure that's the command I was reading it from a post off laptop while fixing laptop it brought up windows update with windows It worked and installed I tried that on desktop didn't work I been following topic started by TheDude with Aura helping If anyone gets a chance I can do just about anything requested of me Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586695/windows-10-upgrade-failed-error-80070005-on-desktop-win-7-ultimate-sp1/
Relevancy 66.65%

I have a computer, that i dont have the main password to get into. How can i wipe this computer clean? to original settings. It doesnthave a cd drive, its a netbook

A:Windows 7 starter wipe clean without pw

If you need to securely "wipe" the hard drive it may be best to put it in a USB enclosure and do the job from another computer.

If formatting the partition(s) is sufficient you can boot GParted from a USB flash drive.

Assuming it has a Recovery partition it may include a format option. And, of course, the Recovery partition is the default way to "recover" to the way the netbook came originally.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-starter-wipe-clean-without-pw.943350/
Relevancy 66.22%

hi i fancy getting a copy of windows 7 but i dont no which one to get my current laptop is running vista premium i love my laptop so dont want to change it would i be better getting the w7 upgrade or the clean install version also do i have to wipe the HDD clean or do both versions of w7 do it for you ..................ps do you know of anywhere doing offers on w7 and how much should i expect to pay

Relevancy 66.22%

Hello,
I have windows Vista business with SP1 installed on a Dell Latitude laptop D830. I have run Windows upgrade advisor , it is giving me clear signal to upgrade to windows 7 professional or ultimate. Now with so much news about upgrade problems occurring. Should I upgrade or do clean install? Also I want to know , if there is a difference between windows 7 upgrade and windows 7 full version? With windows 7 full version, Can I get the upgrade option also?

Thank you
Regards
Anoop

A:Windows Vista to Windows 7 - Upgrade or clean install ?

If I were you, I'd backup your files and do a clean install. This will ensure you don't take any little problems into your new installation and you will be pleased with the results. The difference between an upgrade version and a full version is that the full version doesn't require a previous version of windows to install. You can of course choose to upgrade from the full version but I don't suggest you do

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/36130-windows-vista-windows-7-upgrade-clean-install.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would be grateful if you can let me know ? I have Windows 8.1, I want to have clean install Windows 10 but first I want upgrade to Windows 10 ? keep this for few days to see everything is WORKING and OK then do CLEAN INSTALL of Windows 10. Can I do this ? If yes then please guide me or let me know how to do this. My email address is <removed>

Once more thanks and I do appreciate for all the advise.

Yours faithfully,

AK

A:First Upgrade to Windows 10 then after few days CLEAN INSTALL Windows 10

I have removed your email address - ALL communication and support should be kept in the forums as per our rules
ALSO putting your email on public forums is the quickest way to get spam

Yes you can do that using the ISO from here https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

You must do an upgrade first - so that MS can see an orginal valid license for the software and then assign a windows 10 key
After the upgrade you can then do a clean install

I would wait a bit longer than a few days , to check everything works OK
With the upgrade you can revert back to the original software for upto 30days after the upgrade and then the windows.old folder will be deleted

I would make sure you make a note fo your old windows key before the upgrde
With 8.1
that would be obtained by running www.belac.com or https://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/first-upgrade-to-windows-10-then-after-few-days-clean-install-windows-10.1155008/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi I upgraded to Windows Pro -bit from Windows Ultimate -bit when Windows launched then a few months later around New Year I decided to do a clean install I made an installation disc with the program from Microsoft's website and did the procedure skipping when asked about a product key After that however I started getting messages that quot Activation failed because this device doesn't have a valid digital entitlement or product key Error x F quot That is even though won't Windows clean Windows 7 activate install from upgrade after I still have the emails from when I upgraded to and my old install is Windows won't activate clean install after upgrade from Windows 7 still listed on my Microsoft account When I asked Microsoft on the phone about this they told me I needed either the key I used for Windows with which I upgraded or a new Windows key My old key is long lost and I feel I shouldn't have to pay for a new key when it is pretty clear it's the same machine and since it's also stated I don't need a key after a clean install after an upgrade Is there any way to prove that my laptop is the same one that upgraded from windows so that I can get my OS activated Any and all help is much appreciated Here are some of the things that I already tried per advice elsewhere - A program that shows the Windows key It found a key but when I tried it in Change Product Key in settings it thought about it for a while and said quot Windows can't activate with this product key quot with the same error x F as before I will probably call Microsoft tomorrow about this key - Possibly a new MAC address was made Nope it's the same one according to my router - Incorrect date and time Everything regarding that is set to automatically get the information from Microsoft - Laptops have the key on a sticker on the bottom Mine didn't come with Windows so no sticker

A:Windows won't activate clean install after upgrade from Windows 7

ever use method 2 here http://www.fixerrs.com/2015/11/fix-a...x803f7001.html

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/44065-windows-wont-activate-clean-install-after-upgrade-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 66.22%

This is what is happening. A friend gave me his DELL Inspririon 531 2007 Desktop. It has a pirated copy of 7 ultimate x64 (which I am not sure if this supports 64 bit). Prior to looking into how old the machine was, I was able to install 8.1 64 bit. But it wouldn't allow me to install any drivers from the DELL site. Said that the machine wasn't compatible. So, I tried with Windows 7 32 bit and I am getting this error. I have deleted all partitions, but now, I do not have that option when I choose Custom-advanced. There is no Delete option.

A few times I got the error at 5% other times at over 60%. What can I do to get this to install? It is a legit DVD of windows. Why would it have allowed 8.1 to successfully install now it is doing this? What files are missing? I have tried both deleting the partitions and not deleting. Same result.

A:Clean install error Windows cannot install required files.

Install the correct version of windows that`s on the COA, either buy a new installer from Newegg or call Dell for Recovery CD`s.

The dvd you are trying to use is corrupted and no good.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/364622-clean-install-error-windows-cannot-install-required-files.html
Relevancy 66.22%

This machine is a clean Win to MSE install trying Ultimate, get 7 install, 0x8004FF91 Gateway FX-Series laptop which I bought Win 7 Ultimate, clean install, get 0x8004FF91 trying to install MSE used a couple of months ago It came without a drive so I bought a new TB drive to go along with it I installed Win Ultimate onto it and just a small handful of other programs so far -- a couple of browsers and utilities for my digital camera -- but I have not installed any anti-spyware or anti-malware onto it yet internet-wise so far I've used it only for a bit of Web activity visiting a couple of forums that I'm a regular at and Netflix mostly I used Microsoft Security Essentials on my previous laptop and my Win 7 Ultimate, clean install, get 0x8004FF91 trying to install MSE desktop with good results so I would Win 7 Ultimate, clean install, get 0x8004FF91 trying to install MSE prefer to continue using it Unfortunately it errors out on me generating the above code when I attempt to install it Following your instructions I came here ran the diagnostic utility and it gave me this Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code N A hr xc f Windows Product Key - - WV X- QBYQ-QRJTR Windows Product Key Hash ofq LZ rQ jHRxjlpsPMjs E Windows Product ID - - - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type Retail Windows OS version ID CD BB - F - -AEE - F B C Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Ultimate Architecture x Build lab win sp rtm - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x SeaMonkey seamonkey exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt File Mismatch C Windows system wat watadminsvc exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat npwatweb dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watux exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watweb dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system sppobjs dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system sppc dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppcext dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppwinob dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system slc dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system slcext dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppuinotify dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system slui exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system sppcomapi dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppcommdlg dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppsvc exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system drivers spsys sys Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system drivers spldr sys Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system systemcpl dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system user dll Hr x b Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt CD BB - F - -AEE - F B C lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -QRJTR lt PKey gt lt PID gt - - - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Gateway lt Manufacturer gt lt Mod... Read more

A:Win 7 Ultimate, clean install, get 0x8004FF91 trying to install MSE

Thank you cooltouch for following my suggestion and posting here.

I do see problems but I'm not knowledgeable enough to offer help at this time.

Just hang in there and a expert will be a long.
Sometimes it takes a little while because they are busy and in different time zones.

I'm not understanding this.

Quote:
Windows License Type: Retail
SLIC GATEWA SYSTEM
ASRock 890GX Pro3

File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\slc.dll[6.1.7600.16385], Hr = 0x800b0100 File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\slui.exe[6.1.7601.17514], Hr = 0x80092003

Hopefully when a expert drops by you will get fixed and I get a little knowledge.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/354349-win-7-ultimate-clean-install-get-0x8004ff91-trying-install-mse.html
Relevancy 65.79%

ok please read and dont hit back cause its too long My PC is fairly new End Solved: of Error PLEASE at HELP!! Windows Upgrade! Blue Screen! Vista Ultimate bout a year and works quite well INtel core duo gb RAM nvidia thinking of upgrading gb HD and so on I am running windows xp home edition x I got windows vista ultimate x and decided to upgrade I followed all the instrucions and all was going well It was only when the install got past the Completeing Installation part before vista did its first time boot and restarted i Solved: Error at End of Windows Vista Ultimate Upgrade! Blue Screen! PLEASE HELP!! got a problem It reset loaded through the flash sceen then when it was about to load the login screen i think it flashes for a bit i get a wierd arrow symbol at the top of the screen and it resets it kept doing it every load so i got it to stop and show me the error screen b it reset blue screen of death i got an error PAGE FAULT-IN NONPAGED AREA with the stop code STOP X XFFAD X X F X Rolled back then tried again later and exact same result I ve looked all over the internet but to no avail You can understand i m sure my frustration getting so close I am currently running my previous OS xp home Anyway any help at all would be MUCH appreciated Thanks for taking a look lazarest nbsp

A:Solved: Error at End of Windows Vista Ultimate Upgrade! Blue Screen! PLEASE HELP!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-error-at-end-of-windows-vista-ultimate-upgrade-blue-screen-please-help.637332/
Relevancy 65.79%

I am planning to install linux ubuntu V.10.10 on the second drive but I see that during the clean install of win 7 it reserved 100mb on drive 0 and left the rest of that drive unformatted and put everything else on drive 1 which is now the "c" drive. Perhaps I should have left one drive unconnected during install process. Additionally, windows rates my system 5.9 due to hard drive disk performance- are there special settings for WD caviar Black drives w/64meg cache that should operate at 6mb/sec or is that the foreseeable performance rating for those drives? All of the other performance ratings are above 7. Thanks for any help.

A:Win 7 ultimate clean install on new computer w/2 WD 1TB HDD

Hello jasco999, welcome to Seven Forums!

As you say, multi booting Windows and Linux is best done on separate Hard Disk Drives (HDD) have a look at the info below to see the best way to go about it and be sure to post back with any further questions you may have and to keep us informed.

Information

The easiest way to do away with boot issues between separate Operating Systems (OS) is to use the BIOS one time boot menu to select which OS to boot at system startup, each motherboard has an individual hot-key to tap during system start-up to access this menu.

If you have 2 separate Hard Disk Drives (HDD) and have one OS installed to one HDD and you want to install another OS to the second HDD, disconnect the HDD with the first OS installed on it and leave only the HDD you want to install the second OS to connected.

Just be sure not to change where the original HDD SATA cable was connected, it has to be re-connected to the exact same port to avoid boot issues.

Install the second OS to the connected HDD and when complete and the system is booting good, power down and reconnect the first HDD with the first OS on it.

This way the OSs will boot independently of each other and there will be no boot conflicts between the 2 separate OSs to have to sort later.

Then set the BIOS to boot the HDD / OS you want as default and if you want to start the other (new) OS you use the BIOS one-time boot menu to select that HDD / OS to start when the PC is started.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/121957-win-7-ultimate-clean-install-new-computer-w-2-wd-1tb-hdd.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi,

I am doing a clean install of Windows 7, I installed service pack 1 at 9 am this morning and all seemed OK with installation. After installing service pack 1 begun next update check. It's now been 15 hour's and still checking for updates. Is this normal?

My download speed is approx 80 Mb/s, upload speed approx 10 Mb/s.

I hope I have given enough info.

Thanks in anticipation.

A:7 Ultimate clean install - updates

Hi and welcome. No it is not normal.

First reboot your computer, then install KB3020369, if not installed.
Then install KB3172605.

Windows updates should return to normal.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3020369

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172605

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/398795-7-ultimate-clean-install-updates.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi , i hope i do this correctly following the guides on the forums

Ive just bought and installed windows 7 ultimate N which includes SP1 and used the x64 disc,the install went fine and i authenticated online the same day,now when i try to update windows im getting the 800B0100 error,ive visited MS website and ran the SURT and it had no effect,ive ran SFC scan and collected the logs which i have attached (hope that worked ok)

I hope you can help me fix this error

Thank you

A:800B0100 error - on new install of windows 7 ultimate N x64

Hello kinetic, welcome to SevenForums!

Your CheckSUR log shows the corruption:

Code:
=================================
Checking System Update Readiness.
Binary Version 6.1.7601.21645
Package Version 20.0
2013-09-12 20:55

Checking Windows Servicing Packages

Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs
(f) CBS MUM Corrupt 0x800F0900 servicing\Packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-AuxComp~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~en-US~7.6.7600.256.mum Line 1:
(f) CBS Catalog Corrupt 0x800B0100 servicing\Packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-AuxComp~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~en-US~7.6.7600.256.cat
(f) CBS MUM Corrupt 0x800F0900 servicing\Packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-MiniLP~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~en-US~7.6.7600.256.mum Line 1:
(f) CBS MUM Corrupt 0x800F0900 servicing\Packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~en-US~7.6.7600.256.mum Line 1:
(f) CBS Catalog Corrupt 0x800B0100 servicing\Packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~en-US~7.6.7600.256.cat

Checking Package Watchlist

Checking Component Watchlist

Checking Packages

Checking Component Store

Summary:
Seconds executed: 51
Found 5 errors
CBS MUM Corrupt Total count: 3
CBS Catalog Corrupt Total count: 2

Unavailable repair files:
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-AuxComp~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~en-US~7.6.7600.256.mum
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-AuxComp~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~en-US~7.6.7600.256.mum
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-MiniLP~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~en-US~7.6.7600.256.mum
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~en-US~7.6.7600.256.mum
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~en-US~7.6.7600.256.mum
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-AuxComp~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~en-US~7.6.7600.256.cat
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-AuxComp~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~en-US~7.6.7600.256.cat
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-MiniLP~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~en-US~7.6.7600.256.cat
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~en-US~7.6.7600.256.cat
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~en-US~7.6.7600.256.cat
Windows Update Package Replacement

Warning: this fix is specific to the user in this thread. No one else should follow these instructions as it may cause more harm than good. If you are after assistance, please start a thread of your own.
Please download the attached file, WUA_64.zip and save this to your Desktop.
Right-click on the file and select Extract All...
Tick the box labelled Show extracted files when complete then click Extract
A window will open showing two folders, Manifests and Packages
Open the Manifests folder and copy the files into the following folder (if there are any files)

C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\Winsxs\Manifests

Open the Packages folder and copy the files into the following folder (if there are any files)

C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\Servicing\Packages

Run the System Update Readiness Tool (SURT) again
When the SURT finishes installing, copy (Ctrl + C) and paste (Ctrl + V) the contents of the SURT log into your next post please:

C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.persist.log

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ric/WUA_64.zip

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/304763-800b0100-error-new-install-windows-7-ultimate-n-x64.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Ok I have been over this forum with a fine tooth comb the past few days trying to troubleshoot my problem that I am having I have attempted to install every iteration of windows on my brand new build I don't have any blank DVD's so I have been attempting to install from USB Every time it will get to the Expanding Windows Files and it hangs at then eventually throws this error x D Before every attempted install the HDD is pulled Windows 64 Ultimate ERROR 7 install bit 0x8007045D and wiped using my other system My BIOS is set to default and I don't have settings to disable legacy USB Every part of this build is literally brand new all bought at the same time at the same place I am quite literally stumped as to what Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit install ERROR 0x8007045D is going on and Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit install ERROR 0x8007045D the last attempt I tried I knocked the system down to gb of RAM and moved the SATA cable to the gbs connector and still nothing Motherboard - MSI A-G CPU - AMD FX RAM - gb Ballistix GPU - XFX HD Ghost Edition PSU - Corsair CX My case is a Corsair D which has the hot swap drive bays I thought that maybe the hard drive was bad but when I put it into the bay I can hear it spin up but don't hear the hard drive at all during the attempted windows install Any and all help would be greatly appreciated I also attempted a clone hard drive as I have had luck with them just swapping to an entirely new system in the past but didn't happen on this build With the cloned drive on my new build I just sit at the windows splash forever and it eventually just freezes

A:Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit install ERROR 0x8007045D

Back up your files, unplug all other HD's and peripherals,

Boot into BIOS setup, reset to defaults, save changes. If an EFI BIOS you'll need to decide if you want UEFI BIOS vs. Legacy BIOS. If UEFI follow these special steps for Install, otherwise enable Legacy BIOS or Compatibility Support Module to proceed with normal install:

Set DVD drive first to boot, HD second, set SATA controller to AHCI, Save changes and Exit.

Then boot into Windows 7 installer DVD or flash stick burned or written using tool and latest ISO for your licensed OS version here. I would use a fresh ISO written with tool in Step 2 as yours is in question.

At first installer screen Press Shift + F10, or enter System Recovery Options to open a Command Box, type:

DISKPART
LIST DISK
SELECT DISK 0 (after confirming Windows 7 target HD #)
CLEAN
CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY
FORMAT FS=NTFS LABEL="WINDOWS 7"
ACTIVE
EXIT
EXIT

Next click Install Now, then Custom install to Clean Install Windows 7 to the partition you created. If it fails then report back at which step and the verbatim error message.

In addition read over these steps to understand the tools and methods which work best to get and maintain a perfect Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7. The steps are the same for retail.

After install you can adjust partition size or Create new partitions for data, etc. in Disk Mgmt. You are creating the partition here for the purpose of wiping the HD and marking Active which overcomes certain install failures.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/321505-windows-7-ultimate-64-bit-install-error-0x8007045d.html
Relevancy 65.36%

When i try to install windows 7 ultimate x32
it show me this error "Windows could not retrieve information about the disks on this computer."
What should i do? please help me -.-

A:Error in install windows 7 ultimate on my laptop

Where did you get Win7? Did you burn the DVD yourself

How is it being activated?

What is the native OS version on that laptop?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/239355-error-install-windows-7-ultimate-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I tried to install Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 after I formatted my HDD, but it pops up an error when "Expanding Windows File (36%)" and I get this message:

Quote:
Windows cannot install required files. The file may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070570

I install it via USB and in .iso format and I download it from Microsoft directly. Help me please!

A:Tried to install Windows 7 Ultimate SP1, but it pops up an error!

Confirm you downloaded completely the correct ISO for your licensed version and wrote it to flash stick with Windows 7 USB-DVD Download Tool.

Then boot the installation stick to delete all partitions during install, create and format new partition(s) to install, ignoring the small boot partition it will create.

If problems persist work through the steps for Overcoming Windows 7 Installation Failures - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/336979-tried-install-windows-7-ultimate-sp1-but-pops-up-error.html