Windows Support Forum

Does Win7 RC exist - Can repair from DVD be installed on local HD

Q: Does Win7 RC exist - Can repair from DVD be installed on local HD

Is there a "recover console" or simular that can be installed on the HD of a Win7 box?

Can the "repair" option from the install DVD be installed on the HD so it can be accessed without the DVD?

Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Does Win7 RC exist - Can repair from DVD be installed on local HD

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Does Win7 RC exist - Can repair from DVD be installed on local HD

System Recovery Options should already be on F8 Advanced Boot Options.

If you store a Win7 backup image on a Primary partition then you can Recover Using An Image from the System Recovery Options. This is a nice option for laptops being carried around. However it's safest to save an image externally in case of HD failure.

However in some cases RAM issues will prompt for the Repair Disk or Win7 DVD before it will complete the reimage. So you might want to test it to be sure.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/225609-does-win7-rc-exist-can-repair-dvd-installed-local-hd.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Please help! I have a Toshiba Satellite C655-S5132 that just shut down & now will not boot Windows 7. Just goes to black screen w/blinking cursor then goes to 'startup repair' (which I'm postiive this is a virus of somekind) & will not allow me to do anything. Just repeats itself. I downloaded Win7 repair to a CD-R, chgd BIOS settings to CD/DVD to boot first, saved changes, and will NOT pull/boot up from disc. I've tried 2diff repair discs, both do not work. 'F8' does not do anything for me, not able to get to 'safe mode'. Computer is only 2yrs old.

A:Win7 nor Win7 repair disc will not boot, keep getting 'startup repair'

I believe you misunderstood what Advanced Boot Options is since it is not part of the BIOS. See if you can get to the screen shown in that tutorial.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/212322-win7-nor-win7-repair-disc-will-not-boot-keep-getting-startup-repair.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi there i'm currently experiencing an akward problem firstly it's never happened to me or anyone i know PLEASE connection' exist LAN 'Local area can doesnt you help HELP I recently got hold of a MSI P ND pltinum i nforce motherboard I've been using windows vista for a while and no problems till recently I switched on the pc LAN 'Local area connection' doesnt exist can you help after installing a memory card reader and after installing it i encounyered the strangest thing If i go into the device manager my local area connection doesnt show up in device manager If i go to the network connections area it still only shows broadband or wireless connections This is confusing as i know my way around a pc but i cant figure this out it's a built into the motherboard so it should show up the Nforce doesn't seem to work Can anyone help me sort this problem out Itwould really be appreciated INTEL Q core quad MSI P N platinum SLI MOBO with Nforce i chipset Gb RAM Mhz gt Mb in SLI Gb western digital Hdard drives Samsung super write master dvd

A:LAN 'Local area connection' doesnt exist can you help

no its correct, your "local area connection" should only be seen in control panel, networking and sharing center.
if your looking for the network adaptor have you turned it on in bios, installed correct drivers etc ?
does it show up when the new cardreader is unplugged (hardware conflict) did you install any software for the reader (software conflict)?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/275031-lan-local-area-connection-doesnt-exist-can-you-help.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi all Let me explain you my problem I am a programmer but it is not it doesnt anymore. whereas cache local exist in File stored Networked the problem i've a program created in autoit used by about a hundred users on Win at my work My users run my program from the network myserver share program exe Nothing in local When i update my program i replace my program exe on the network with a new version while it is being used by users The name is still program exe but it is now in version versus version before So i have overwritten my program exe with a new program exe the version does'nt exist anymore but users are still executing it it was run from network I need now to restart my program on the computers so they execute the new version gt to restart i send an order to the program and my code Networked File stored in local cache whereas it doesnt exist anymore. do this run the exe again another instance get the new PID process id send the Networked File stored in local cache whereas it doesnt exist anymore. actuel PID to the new process and send an exit The new program wait until the old process die and then goes on When i restart my program the users which where executing the version should be now in version after restart PROBLEM gt sometimes it is the old version which is run after restart the version even several days after i've updated it the version does'nt exist anymore it is replace with the new version same name it looks like a cache problem from local pc on windows but how to deal with it In this way we start the program before killing the old one My 'cache' probleme may come from that I have another idea in mind that would be to create a bat run it kill my program and then start it again but i first want to understand where is my program stored in local cache do you have any idea for me or an explanation Networked File stored in local cache whereas it doesnt exist anymore. where is stored my program exe which is run from network only thanks Nicolas

A:Networked File stored in local cache whereas it doesnt exist anymore.

Perhaps Process Explorer (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/.../bb896653.aspx) will help you locate it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/377989-networked-file-stored-local-cache-whereas-doesnt-exist-anymore.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Had Malware used a variety of tools to remove it now getting The specified Service does not exist as an installed Service think this is related to UAC or Security under the covers and i'm lost as to next steps attachments and data to follow DDS Extract DDS Ver - - - NTFS x NETWORK Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Heidi at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT AV McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Enabled Updated ADA C - F - - A- B E AV AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Enabled Updated D F- AD- C -C - EE F SP McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Antispyware Module Enabled Updated C C - - - FA- E F F SP Spybot - Search and Destroy Enabled Updated BC DF - CCA- D-A -C CA F A B SP AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Enabled Updated F D B- - CC-F - BEAE Running Processes C Windows system wininit now as The installed Had not getting, Service exist does an Malware, specified exe C Windows system lsm exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C Program Files iolo Common Lib ioloServiceManager exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system ctfmon exe C Windows Had Malware, now getting, The specified Service does not exist as an installed system mfevtps exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page about blank mStart Page about blank BHO Skype for Business Browser Helper D BA - F - CCE-BE A- E DA - c program files microsoft office office OCHelper dll BHO scriptproxy DB D A - - E -B D- F C - c program files common files mcafee systemcore ScriptSn dll BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper D - C - ABF- ECC- C - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Office Document Cache Handler B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - c program files microsoft office office URLREDIR DLL BHO Microsoft SkyDrive Pro Browser Helper D E A- B - AE-A AA-ABA DBD BF - c program files microsoft office office GROOVEEX DLL BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll uRun SpybotPostWindows UpgradeReInstall c program files common files av spybot - search and destroy Test exe uRun fix f yif fsvl exe uRun Fix f kvrt exe uRun fix c program files malwarebytes anti-malware mbam exe uRun SUPERAntiSpyware c program files superantispyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe uRun Sidebar c program files windows sidebar sidebar exe autoRun uRun HP ENVY series NET c program files hp hp envy series bin ScanToPCActivationApp exe -deviceID CN C Z X NW -scfn HP ENVY series NET -AutoStart mRun ShStatEXE c program files mcafee virusscan enterprise SHSTAT EXE STANDALONE mRun SDTray c program files spybot - search amp destroy SDTray exe mRun SynTPEnh c program files synaptics syntp SynTPEnh exe mRun RtHDVCpl c program files realtek audio hda RtHDVCpl exe -s mRun McAfeeUpdaterUI c program files mcafee common framework udaterui exe StartedFromRunKey mRun IAStorIcon c program files intel intel reg rapid storage technology IAStorIcon exe mRun AVG UI c program files avg av avuirunnerx exe c program files avg av avgui exe mRun AvgUi c program files avg framework common avguix exe fmw trayonly mRunOnce Malwarebytes Anti-Malware cleanup c programdata malwarebytes malwarebytes anti-malware mbamdor exe c programdata malwarebytes Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mRunOnce C E E- A - C -A C - B E F CE cmd exe C start D c users heidi appdata local temp C CF F -F - A - C - A B B F B C E E- A - C -A C - B E F CE exe -accepteula -postboot dRunOnce iCloud c program files common files apple internet services iCloud exe StartupFolder c progra... Read more

A:Had Malware, now getting, The specified Service does not exist as an installed

Can only interact with the environment via Safe Mode..

have tried the registry hacks to play with UAC - but to no avail..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-the-specified-service-does-not-exist-as-an-installed-service.199125/
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix-corrupted-user-profile#1TC=windows-7
http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/279435-cannot-disable-uac-button-does-not-do-anything.html - but went hunting for the registry settings on microsoft.com for Win7...

SOME applications will run outside of safemode (not many) - was wondering if this was tied to .NET dependenices - tried to re-install .NET - but the installer wont run with this issue, and .NET wont install in Safe mode!

tried un-installing and installing apps - but that doesnt work in either Safe mode or normal mode

have tried using MSCONFIG  - and going for minimal boot - that made no impact
have tried trawling the registry to manually remove startup items and to inject my own... that didnt work

so now i'm lost for next steps.....

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/602089/had-malware-now-getting-the-specified-service-does-not-exist-as-an-installed/
Relevancy 55.04%

Greetings - Running Win SP -bit Previously I was using WinXP file search in classic mode Predictable reliable results I'm finding Win file searching to be unpredictable at best I have dozens files of the form xName- lt date gt where x is my first initial Name is my last name and lt date gt is the file date e exist) no files Win7 search returns they file (but g - quot mSmithCV- jan doc quot When I use the Win search to find quot name smith quot no files are returned Nor will quot name smith quot return any files The search does return the files if I specify quot name mSmith quot i e - the beginning of the filename but I have no confidence that the search is returning ALL of the files I've run the Windows Search Win7 file search returns no files (but they exist) troubleshooter which found no problems Is there a classic search mode Or a simple Win7 file search returns no files (but they exist) cost-effective third-party file search utility Or even a way to get Win to find all files whose filename contains but does not begin with a specified string I find Win to be better than XP in most respects but I really can't believe that this search functionality made it out Win7 file search returns no files (but they exist) the door It's beyond awful Any amp all assistance welcome Thanks kindly - Richard

A:Win7 file search returns no files (but they exist)

Quote: Originally Posted by expatCanuck

Or a simple, cost-effective third-party file search utility?

Take a look at Everything, from voidtools.com.

Free, quick, searches file names ONLY, not contents.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/202035-win7-file-search-returns-no-files-but-they-exist.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Well last week Tuesday my power supply blew on my work PC when I turned it on New power supply finally came Pro64 Win7 Can't followed repair by - Startup BSOD Repair - in yesterday I was out but our office tech Win7 Pro64 - BSOD followed by Startup Repair - Can't repair installed the new Power supply and booted the PC - said it booted OK however no mouse I had un-plugged the logitech wireless USB mouse receiver to use with another computer no biggee There may have been Windows updates before on left on the th - I don't recall Turned on the PC this morning and plugged in the USB Mouse receiver and BSOD Restarted the PC and Startup Repair option came up - ran the Startup Repair and as usual my experience it was unsuccessful in detecting any problems Tried another boot same issue - BSOD - System Stopped to prevent Damage Re-booted and did F to try Last Known Good - no luck Tried System recovery with Windows Install disk no restore point found - At this point I've tried every Non-Destructive recovery option that is available with no success Looking at the Win7 Pro64 - BSOD followed by Startup Repair - Can't repair log files there are no log files in the Windows directory showing today's date - only log files are from yesterday setupact log shows activity from an IE patch update error log only shows one line from yesterday - - NT Service build starting Any ideas how I can get this system to ignore the Bad Driver and boot Way too many licensed programs on this PC to consider a clean install of Windows Thanks Rob P S Yes Win7 Pro64 - BSOD followed by Startup Repair - Can't repair I have run a Scandisk f on the OS drive and also did an SFC with no luck Rob

A:Win7 Pro64 - BSOD followed by Startup Repair - Can't repair

I would love to post some of the suggested diagnostic files that you indicate in your BSOD posting guidelines, but unless I can do them from the command line, I'm SOL as I can't get beyond the Startup Repair console - No Safe mode etc.

Rob

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/590553/win7-pro64-bsod-followed-by-startup-repair-cant-repair/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hey Guys Background - I have a second hand Dell Desktop running Windows bit i think Around May my computer almost died but was seem from boot to Cant repair Win7 repair or computer - disc saved by using a windows repair disc i bought from Amazon and some help from one of the guys on here thank you I ve since lost this disc and my computer seems to have died again So i purchased it Win7 - Cant seem to boot from repair disc or repair computer again from same supplier It was a friend of mine who used the disc last time so ive had to google how to do it but it doesnt seem to be happening Switching my computer on a couple weeks ago i was met with black screen and this File windows system config system Status xc e Info Windows failed to load as system registry file is missing or corrupt It wont work in safe mode or last good configuration So ive went into BIOS and changed the boot order so the Disc Drive is no Restarted Computer - nothing came up saying press any key to boot from disc ive read that in few forums that should be what comes up and it just goes back to black screen So only option i have seems to be f Boot device menu where i select Onboard or USB CD-ROM drive and disc makes some noises before Selected boot device not available strike f to retry boot f for set up utility And basically thats the loop im in Guess what id like to know as well as your expertise is Does the specific error status mean anything particularly bad Is there something else i need to alter in BIOS to boot from CD If its a dodgy disc drive or disc can i repair from a USB and if so how One last thing as further background The last time my harddrive went haywire it was a corrupted boot sector which the repair disc fixed no problem has his returned and should it be as easy to fix second time Thank You Lorin nbsp

A:Win7 - Cant seem to boot from repair disc or repair computer

I have a second hand Dell Desktop running Windows 7 34bit (i think)Click to expand...

What's the model name and model number of that Dell desktop?
What's the exact "service tag" number and/or "express service code" number on it?
Around May 2015 my computer almost died, but was saved by using a windows 7 repair disc i bought from Amazon and some help from one of the guys on here (thank you)
I've since lost this disc and my computer seems to have died again. So i purchased it again from same supplier.Click to expand...

Can you provide the Amazon webpage link to that "Windows 7 repair disc" you bought?

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win7-cant-seem-to-boot-from-repair-disc-or-repair-computer.1166781/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi everyone.
Ok after growing tired of seeing my 2012 laptop run faster on windows 7 than my 2015 lenovo, i decided to install windows 7 on it as well.
After solving enough problems (burned a dvd since the usb port was not recognized by the windows installer once it started running, changed some stuff in the bios from Win8-ideal to Win7-ideal to get the installer to load in the first place, tried 3 different versions of win7 because one never went above 0% progress).
When i was finally able to install windows in a partition (im keeping half of my drive available for installing Ubuntu in the future), I got it to load and the computer reboots. Haven't tried safemode yet (this was yesterday at midnight).
Has anybody come across this problem? What can i do? I'll provide whatever specific details im asked. Thanks in advance!

A:Bought a computer with Win8, installed Win7, now reboots when Win7 Loads

Can you get to the Windows desktop?If so: Let's try looking at these 2 sets of reports:Report Set #1)  Please run this report collecting tool (even though you may not be experiencing BSOD's) so that we can provide a complete analysis: (from the pinned topic at the top of the forum)   http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/FYI - I don't often use the Perfmon report, so if it doesn't work please just let me know.NOTE:Please zip up the (.ZIP) files - do not use .RAR or other compression utilities. .ZIP is the type file that can be uploaded to the forums.Report Set #2)  Please do the following:- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")- right click on the "Administrative Events" heading- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."- save the file as Admin.evtx- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  SpeedFan v. 4.5.1 and later (free from here:  http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php ) can log temperatures in a CSV file:To make it work you have to do BOTH of the below:1. Enable logging in general: Configure...Log...check "Enabled" then click on OK to save.2. Enable logging for specific checks: Configure...Temperatures..left click on each sensor, then click on "Logged" at the bottom of the Window (for our purposes we want them all) then once you've selected "Logged" for all sensors, then click on OK to save.The log will be located at C:\Program Files (x86)\SpeedFanNaming: log files are named SFLogYYYYMMDD.csv, where YYYY is the year (four digits), MM is the month (2 digits, zero padded) and DD is the day (2 digits, zero padded). If a file already exists by that name, the file that already exists is renamed according to the following naming scheme: SFLogYYYYMMDD-CCCC.csv, where CCCC is a increasing number. The new file is then created with the standard file name scheme.Notes: whenever you change the options related with logging, SpeedFan starts a new log file.NOTE:You may want to turn logging off when we're done - as I don't know it's impact on performance or on the system. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/625237/bought-a-computer-with-win8-installed-win7-now-reboots-when-win7-loads/
Relevancy 53.32%

hi all my new pc advent desktop has win7 profesional pre installed(no insterlation disk ) i recently had the misfortune of the (system tools trojan)

this seems to have removed drive cleanup/system tools from all programs, start menu.

i tried sfc /scannow but it seems it has not repared all files.

trying system restore option win 7 it tells it (is not compatable with my vertion of windows)???? which was already pre installed.

i created 2 dvds when i first had pc (not sure what these are meant to do) if i completly return pc to its original state , i will lose a lot of downloaded files etc.

is there a way to repair/restore win 7 without losing data, if there is no insterlation disk as such as its all pre bundled on hard drive.

i can boot and run win7 ok but not sure if there is any hidden viruses or remains of system tools virus.

thank you

A:win 7 repair tells me it cannot repair my vertion of win7

You probably have a few things to do.
Firstly I'd down load free Malwarebytes (a well respected program) and run it.
Report back what it finds.
Also backup your personal files and data trying to make sure not to include infected files.
Try to find out the procedure to perform a factory restore with your PC which may be required and you should know how to do anyway.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/169399-win-7-repair-tells-me-cannot-repair-my-vertion-win7.html
Relevancy 52.89%

So, I got a new desktop computer that came with an original windows 7 ultimate COA sticker. I installed windows 7 yesterday, and spend some hours getting it all set, and then got the activation reminder...

And then I realized, I accidentally installed windows 7 pro instead (I had last year made a bootable usb from a previous digitalriver downloaded copy that i used on my laptop, that has a win7 pro coa).

Is there any way I can get this activated, or "upgrade" it to ultimate, or anything? I really hate to be out all my hours of work yesterday and have to start from scratch using a copy of ultimate.

Secondly... I'm having a hard time finding a genuine download of win7 ultimate, if I need it. Where can I find this to download these days? My search is coming up empty so far.

Thanks.

A:oops - have win7 ultimate COA, installed win7 pro; activate?

It sucks but a lot of the download links have come up dead. Seems to coincide with the end of mainstream support. If it was Windows 8 you could just use add features to upgrade. If it helps, MSDN lists this?
File Name: en_windows_7_ultimate_with_sp1_x64_dvd_u_677332.iso
Languages: English
SHA1: 36AE90DEFBAD9D9539E649B193AE573B77A71C83

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/362092-oops-have-win7-ultimate-coa-installed-win7-pro-activate.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi All I need big time help LOL most likely easy 924 Vista AOI on over Dell be installed installed Win7 Can for all of you Have Issues right now st- Dell desktop s apc backups BE G has Can Dell AOI 924 be installed on Win7 installed over Vista circuit breaker that won t go back in learned that it is yrs old and needs to be replaced On tower it has power amber Can Dell AOI 924 be installed on Win7 installed over Vista flashing light with the numbers lit up in green and APC told me that due to the bad circuit breaker my tower is in hibernating Can Dell AOI 924 be installed on Win7 installed over Vista mood Not sure any of this is true and that with new backups it will be good to go Totally lost on resolution for this issue By the way the monitor screen has amber light nd-Desperately need to print a very important document My printer connected to desktop and it is plugged in and powers on so I think it is working Messy situation I was given a Dell Inspiron that has Vista and then Win was installed over it without uninstalling Vista -as I understand things My printer is a Dell AIO I have original disc but have no idea if I can install Dell AIO on laptop compatibility issue as well as needing new drivers if they are even available If it can be installed I m not sure if I have enough space on laptop Unless you couldn t tell I am in a total panic attack LOL All of it seems to be a big mess and I can t do any more research as I don t know what to look for Listen I would not hold anything against this great site and great community if you don t make any suggestions or help I truly mean it as reading this I sound like I m crazy But I m just crazy over the whole mess and not knowing what to do Many many thanks for all of your time and help Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor AMD Turion tm X Mobile Technology TL- AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon Xpress Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc UW Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Can Dell AOI 924 be installed on Win7 installed over Vista

You can install the Dell 924 All-in-One Photo Printer On Win7. Use the Vista 64 bit drivers. Download the appropriate drivers and install.

Welcome to TSG need2learnitall.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-dell-aoi-924-be-installed-on-win7-installed-over-vista.1128638/
Relevancy 51.6%

I'd like to create a "sandboxed" development environment (visual community 2015) under a virtual machine on my WIn7 machine, and I'd like it to run in Win7 in the VM, leaving the "rest" of the computer unaffected for everyday use.

When I go to set up the VM, it will ask me for OS (Win7) installation disk, which I don't have, since the OS was factory installed.   How should i proceed?

(The other option, could based VM, looks like a nightmare$$$)

Thanks for any advice.  I'm considering Virtual PC or Virtualbiox.

A:Running my Win7 under a VM with factory installed Win7

dc3 gave this to another person in another post:   http://product.key-downloader.com/index.php
I'm not sure if it will help you or not.  You may need to purchase another OEM or MS Windows 7 install package.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/615995/running-my-win7-under-a-vm-with-factory-installed-win7/
Relevancy 50.74%

Question about local DNS and the repair utility I didn t setup this network previous guy did We are running a Windows Server that acts as our DNS server and file server All the DNS and Repair Utility Local clients in-house have static IP s and the primary DNS is the server secondary DNS is our static ISP IP In the host file under C WINDOWS System drivers etc the DNS IP entry is listed there too There are mostly XP SP machines but some Mac s for dev purposes At random the XP machines won t connect to their respective mapped network drives on the server Different departments have access to different drives and permissions are set Local DNS and Repair Utility accordingly Oddly enough you won t lose an internet connection So I don t know the moment it happens until trying to connect to the mapped drives To fix the problem quickly I use the quot Repair quot utility on the NIC It s up and running again until the next time I have researched the hell out of this in Google Even looked at the node type being quot Unknown quot vs quot Hybrid quot Tried editing the registry to fix that issue but it didn t work This started out as being a rare event Now its getting more and more regular What s going on nbsp

A:Local DNS and Repair Utility

tide1 said:

We are running a Windows Server 2003 that acts as our DNS server and file server. All the clients in-house have static IP's and the primary DNS is the server, secondary DNS is our static ISP IP.
In the 'host' file under C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc, the DNS IP entry is listed there too.Click to expand...

should not be necessary

Oddly enough, you won't lose an internet connection. So I don't know the moment it happens until trying to connect to the mapped drives.Click to expand...

demonstrating that the network is sane

To fix the problem quickly I use the "Repair" utility on the NIC. It's up and running again ... until the next time.

I have researched the hell out of this in Google.
Even looked at the node type being "Unknown" vs "Hybrid". Tried editing the registry to fix that issue, but it didn't work.

This started out as being a rare event. Now its getting more and more regular.

What's going on?Click to expand...

hum; I would investigate the server or the LAN for bandwidth saturation. The failure to map is likely to be a timeout issue,
and the REPAIR just delays the retry.

The number of clients accessing the server, number of subnets on the lan,
and major server programs running on the server (eg MsSQL) will predict
the limits to be expected.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-dns-and-repair-utility.103031/
Relevancy 50.31%

Slightly OT, perhaps - I suddenly have a message from my ancient computer: "hard disk controller failure" message, and I'm being advised to maybe finally get a new one. This is a difficult not only because of money at this point, but also because I don't have a reliable repair place (NYC, if anyone has a recommendation).

Is there any way I can tell if a local place in my neighborhood is as good as they like to say they are? Is there a site that discusses this kind of thing, or a site that is good for recommending places? I stopped by a place that helped me a few years ago, and I got a guy who'd only been doing repairs for a year who says it's unfixable - but it might just be ignorance or laziness on his part.

A:Local repair shop reputable?

Unless you know that you have a separate expansion card with a hard disk controller on it (not typical), your hard drive controller is built into the motherboard. As a practical matter they aren't fixable. You would need a new motherboard. Since yours is ancient, any modern, new motherboard would likely need a new processor and RAM as your old equipment is probably obsolete. You might also need a better power supply for you new components.

Because of all the components involved, you might as well buy or build an all new one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-repair-shop-reputable.107018/
Relevancy 49.88%

While my computer was offline I was trying to send my firewall safelist to COMODO and it returned with an error message saying: not connected to internet ... local system has RAS intalled .... is this normal?

A:Local system has RAS installed....

I have the same question, about Comodo Anitvirus Submit,"your interent connection is not active. Please check your connection and try again. Locoal system has RAS installed."

please help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-system-has-ras-installed.663343/
Relevancy 49.88%

I just upgraded to Win7. In this PC I have 2 HDD, one C drive which works fin, and one additional HDD which I'm able to see in BIOS and Device Manager, but it do not show up in Explorer.
How to get it visible?
Thanks

A:Can't find local installed HDD

Right click my computer > manage, click disk management take a screenshot, post here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-find-local-installed-hdd.176151/
Relevancy 49.88%

My Local disk is corrupted and I cant fix with windows repair! PLZ HELP!!! I can't find anything anywhere.

A:My Local disk is corrupted and I cant fix with windows repair!

What kind of corruption is the drive/partition experiencing? Is it doing something it's not supposed to do? Or is it not doing something it should be doing? Which windows repair did you use? Did it bring up a screen like this:

If yes, did you access this System Recovery Options screen by using a system repair disk? A Windows 7 install disk? The more info you can provide the better the chances someone will be able to help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/274852-my-local-disk-corrupted-i-cant-fix-windows-repair.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I'd frequently lose an internet connection and would either need to repair the local area connection or restart the modem/router, restarting the computer also works. It would always happen again within 10 to 60 minutes There are 2 other computers on the network but I'm the only one with the problem I'm connected directly to the modem/router while the other 2 are wireless, I've made no changes to my system before I started getting this problem didn't download or install anything so I'm not sure what the problem could be. I use an ubee ddw3611 modem/router with windows XP SP3 if anyone could help solve this problem I'd really appreciate it!

Relevancy 49.88%

My error message states Connection Area Solved: Repair Local that quot Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed Registering with DNS quot I have no internet connection on my HP PC which Solved: Repair Local Area Connection is why I am typing this on my laptop On the HP I am running windows xp with sp I connect to a cable modem provide by Time Warner This problem started yesterday so I have been utilizing both computers with one internet connection or plugging and unplugging the cat cable I have run Microsoft Essential Full scan as well as Malwarebytes s Anti-malware Now I ran both of those in Safe mode and picked up no bugs I have Avast as my antivirus software and the message I receive on that is that quot Avast will not be able tp protect mail news error I am unable to turn on the web shields for Avast I have manually entered the IP addresses into my HP from my laptop all the way thru DNS servers It still won t connect I tried using the Internet explorer diagnostic tool and it came back and said that I have a winsock issue It ran thru it s fix but to no avail I m open for any ideas or suggestions to help me alleviate this problem nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

I have 2 computers. The one in the 2nd room, must be repaired after a short length of time. I use local area connect, support repair. It use to work. I am wired to 2nd one as I don't know how to set up wireless. I am using a Westell327W from Horizon. Router is Aero14.

A:Help-i Have To Go To My Local Area Connect And Use Repair For 2nd Computer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-i-have-to-go-to-my-local-area-connect-and-use-repair-for-2nd-computer.615891/
Relevancy 49.88%

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/witho/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]http://www.exploringwindows.com/7thS...tupRepair6.jpg

my windows is on C
D is my dvd drive
how do i fix start up repair now?? and get it to say :C local disc

when i try to continue anyways it says now windows was found on drive

i have bootmgr is missing and need to fix it

A:startup repair drive says :d LOCAL disc not :C

Startup Repair
Note: You may need to do startup repair 3 to 4 times.
Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/141000-startup-repair-drive-says-d-local-disc-not-c.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Vista is the devil. I had internet access through wifi until the modem was changed on the main computer where I am. Now on my laptop it comes up as local access only and unidentified network.

To access the internet in the first place, I had to deactivate the IPv6 setting. I have no idea what I'm doing, so I tried reactivating it again and it made no difference so it's currently deactivated.

The guy from the company (Movistar, Chile... Could it be any worse) said that the new modem had no IP address, and everyone else's computer works fine on wifi.

Do I need to reset something on my computer to recognise the new modem? Or should I just throw it on the ground and claim it in insurance I'm over vistaaa!

A:New modem installed and now I have local access only

Are you able to view the tcp/ip settings to check the ip addresses?
It's possible that your modem is not getting the correct address to the PC.

Check your IPv4 settings (subnet mask, gateway, IP..sorry not on a Vista on 7 computer at the moment)

If your addresses read: "0's"..etc, you can contact your ISP to determine the correct addresses to use (if the technique below doesn't help).

---
For now, try this:

1. Go to the command prompt

2. Type: ipconfig /release then press Enter

3. Next, type: ipconfig /renew then press Enter

4. Now try to connect.

--
If you still have no addresses showing under "auto-detect," You can then manually program the: subnet mask, IP address and Gateway with the settings given by your ISP.

Let me know what happens!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-modem-installed-and-now-i-have-local-access-only.1032905/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,
I have a 2003 Dell Dimension 4550 with XP Home Edition and I connect to the Internet via an external modem and cable Internet service.
I had to reinstall my Windows XP operating system and now I can't connect to the internet. It seems I have lost my Local Area Connection. There are no icons displaying when I open the Internet and Network Connections. I have tried unplugging and plugging in the modem, but the hardware wizard does not recognize the new hardware.
Using command prompt:
I tried the ping test and the results showed that it is not a harware problem.
I also tried ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew without any success.
I guess I know enough to be dangerous....
Can anyone help me?
Thank you!!

Relevancy 49.45%

I'm getting this error with several of my usb devices, the latest being an Epson stylus photo 825 printer. I'm running windows xp 1 G system with 256 mb of ram. I have a usb 2.0 card with 4 ports and 2 usb ports built into the system. When I try to install the printer (specifically the sp 825 storage usb device) i get an error that says "the specified service does not exist as an installed service." I tried talking to epson and they said it had something to do with xp already having a storage device and were very unhelpful. Someone please help

A:"doesn't exist as an installed service"

Are you on a network?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/doesnt-exist-as-an-installed-service.122093/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello, I've had a similar problem to the one mentioned in this thread- http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/199125-solved-specified-service-does-not.html

I managed to find the proper key, however, there was no LowerFilters there.

The list of items there is:
(Default)
Class
Icon
Installer32
NoInstallClass
SilentInstall
TroubleShooter-0
UpperFilters

I am using Windows XP SP3, if that helps.

Thanks in advance, Raz.

A:The specified service does not exist as an installed service- LowerFilters not found

Same here, still searching for a solution. Please pass along if you find another approach. Many thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-specified-service-does-not-exist-as-an-installed-service-lowerfilters-not-found.779964/
Relevancy 49.45%

I get an error stating windows defender service does not exist as an installed service 0x80070000424 I don't have microsoft essential. It was working fine until today. When I open the program and click on tools and others it will not click at all. Also, real protected is off. Also, its not under the services.

A:windows defender service does not exist as an installed service

Hi,
In win-7 windows defender is Not a antivirus program,
So what do you have installed as one

Install MSE if you haven't already or any third party antivirus if you wish they would usually disable defender anyway.
Cheers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/370050-windows-defender-service-does-not-exist-installed-service.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I took this Gateway running Vista Home Premium to Staples. Cost me $70 to do a scan and they could not clean it up with their virus remover.  it seems to be getting worse.  Can't access the internet, any of the systems tools, device manager won't come up.  I tried working in safe mode, but now it's blocking access to that with a blinking cursor and beeps after I continue to press F8.  Now it goes to a blinking cursor if I put in a jump drive.  I just want to get some documents and pictures off the hard drive and be done with it.  I tried bringing up the bios and resetting it so I could boot from another drive, but it just brings up a blinking, cursor and beeps when I push F8.  I just got it to boot up after I took out the jump drive.  Any help would be appreciated.

A:Error 0x80070424 The specified service does not exist as an installed service

I used the command prompt went into DOS and tried to use regedit.  It denied access.
It will not recognize my jump drive, it just asks me to load a disk and locks up.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/491215/error-0x80070424-the-specified-service-does-not-exist-as-an-installed-service/
Relevancy 49.45%

Can I (in addition) to an already installed Office 2003 install the Office 2007 version as well?

Or do they interfere each other?

Peter

A:Can Office 2003 and Office 2007 co-exist on a Win7 system?

Hi pstein,

I have had both versions installed on my Windows 7 machine without any conflicts.

This is not to say that it could happen, however mine was fine.

Regards,
JDobbsy1987

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/115844-can-office-2003-office-2007-co-exist-win7-system.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Running Windows 8 on Dell Inspiron 1121

I bought a used Dell Inspiron 1121 today and found it isn't in factory configuration. I want to make the factory system recovery disk; but, the Dell checking utility says as follows:

Dell DataSafe Local Backup cannot be installed because your hard drive does not have the Windows Recovery EnvironmentClick to expand...

How can I get the RE on the hard disk if I don't have a Windows 8 install disk or a Dell factory recovery disk? The System Recovery partition appears to be intact. I would also settle for being able to access the System Recovery partition and restore the system to factory state, which I am sure would remedy the problem; but, I can't find any information on how to access it on boot.

To be clear, it appears this is an off-the-shelf installation form a generic Windows 8 install disk so there are absolutely no Dell utilities here.

Relevancy 49.02%

I am running Windows XP Pro and I have a network printer that I want to install on lpt2.

I have a program that will only print to a local printer. How would I go about doing this.

I tried setting lpt2 to the network printer but it never gives me the chance to give the IP address of the printer.

I also created a TCP/IP port that goes to the printer and works fine however the program ignores that port and wants lpt2.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Stufine

A:Network Printer installed on local port

It would help to know the Printer model and Software you are using.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-printer-installed-on-local-port.130563/
Relevancy 49.02%

I installed XP Home on a Dell Desktop. I received the DSL modem from Qwest, and proceeded to install. I got a good Power solid green light, a DSL solidgreen light and the ethernet solid green light. None were blinking. I got NO Internet light. I called Qwest tech support. They tried several things then asked me to go to Control Panel & open the Network Connections. I found NONE. How do I get the network connections?

A:Installed XP Home & no Local Area Connection

Did you install the drivers for your network card? Open Device Manager and check for any yellow exclamation marks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installed-xp-home-no-local-area-connection.667872/
Relevancy 48.59%

hey can u help me plz when i install win7 ultimate the connection only w/ wifi
and i can use my net coz i use broadband internet help me plz

A:How to set up local area in win7 ultimate

Have you plugged it into the router?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/196089-how-set-up-local-area-win7-ultimate.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I recently upgraded my office PC to Windows 7 Pro. I still RDP in from home on my XP pro machine. I can not get my local printer at home to show up in my Win7 machine while in a RDP session. I've checked printers under local resources but still nothing. Any ideas?

Thanks
Zach

It also occured to me that it might have to do with me connecting to a 64 bit machine from a 32 bit machine and drivers etc not working but it should still see the printer right? Any help is much appreciated!

A:RDP from XP to Win7 can't print to local printer

You can try Printer for Remote Desktop from FabulaTech. It doesn't require to have printer drivers installed on the server, works with both RDP and ICA protocols, and your printer will be isolated within individual session.
Printer for Remote Desktop - redirect printer to RDP or Citrix session

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/200535-rdp-xp-win7-cant-print-local-printer.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello I have recently been having issues with my PC and after reading the forums I decided it specified not The installed PC service does issues: Having an service as exist would be best if I made a thread My issue is a bit complicated but can be explained Basically when I was cleaning old junk programs off my PC iTunes processor killers etc that I no longer use I ended up deciding AVG was a target for deletion taking of my CPU However during Having PC issues: The specified service does not exist as an installed service the uninstall my Having PC issues: The specified service does not exist as an installed service power went out So as you could guess things went wrong from there I quickly discovered programs wouldn t load or install and after looking around I found a folder in my system AVG The vault was intact along with leftovers of AVG in Program Files I had to manually delete them After that I installed Malware Bytes and Avast I recovered a lot of my PC but it still won t load programs Having PC issues: The specified service does not exist as an installed service Here are it s specs OS Windows Ultimate SP x won t update PC HP pavilion a n GB RAM and a GPU off Amazon pretty sure the GPU is irrelevant and I don t feel like finding something irrelevant right now I have tried repairing it with an installation disc Didn t work What do I do now It can boot anything in Safe Mode but it can t install programs in Normal Mode Internet works nbsp

A:Having PC issues: The specified service does not exist as an installed service

Won't load programs, yet you somehow installed two programs?

Are you saying .exe files won't open? If yes, do this.

What do you mean by "wont update" on your OS?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-pc-issues-the-specified-service-does-not-exist-as-an-installed-service.196297/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello there Great website - just found it My problem it seems similar to what has been discussed in the topic below my anti-virus McAffee found this rootkit trojan I thought it took care of it but then upon restarting this morning my internet and wireless connections were gone and I could not execute programs in normal mode - receiving this quot specified service does not exist quot message http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html I tried to follow the service does RELOADED: specified not service exist installed an as guidance in the RELOADED: specified service does not exist as an installed service thread but I am still stuck so I guess I need some more detailed feedback Status I can only run some of the programs mentioned in SafeMode where I also could briefly connect to internet but it is all quite random Normal mode is still pretty much frozen On Sony Vaio VPCM Atom processor - Windows starter -bit See the DDS Log below for GMER unfortunately I get the blue screen in Safe Mode so I gave up and I get the quot specified service does not exist quot in normal I hope this still helps Many thanks in advance Dan

A:RELOADED: specified service does not exist as an installed service

Greetings Danone007 and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary. If you prefer I call you something other than your screen name I would be pleased to do so. ===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance. Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps are a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me about it.
When you post your reply, do not use the button but use the button instead.
In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.
If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.===================================================Helping me Help YouNow that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.===================================================Additional InformationIf you have since resolved the original problem you were having, I would appreciate you letting me know. If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.
If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and I will guide you.Explain as best you can what happens with your computer, i.e. it beeps three times, the the black screen starts then goes blank, etc Please tell me if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available.If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below I will review your topic an do my best to resolve your issues.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.===================================================You only attached one of the two DDS files. Please rerun DDS and copy and paste th... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/468580/reloaded-specified-service-does-not-exist-as-an-installed-service/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey all after downloading this program called Tuneup Utilities I have been receiving this error on ALMOST EVERY program I try to open I can only run about or of the programs on my computer after installing this program and I get the EXACT same error every time which is quot The specified service does not exist as an not SP1]The [VISTA does specified service exist as installed service. an installed service quot I [VISTA SP1]The specified service does not exist as an installed service. tried uninstalling TuneUp Utilities and with no luck I was unable to uninstall it I am [VISTA SP1]The specified service does not exist as an installed service. unable to do a system restore as well because I get the same error I cant even end the process because it automatically opens a new one when I end it I would love to get my [VISTA SP1]The specified service does not exist as an installed service. computer working again and not have to reinstall my operating system Another thing that might be the problem is I am running a rd party version of Vista it is a LITE version not the genuine original everything has been running perfectly untill now and this JUST HAPPENED for the first time after installing this program Any help and or support is greatly appreciated Thanks -Tony

A:[VISTA SP1]The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

Anyone?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-sp1-the-specified-service-does-not-exist-as-an-installed-service-452678.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi Gyus .
I have a Laptop Fujitsu Amilo Li 3910 and i install windows 7 professional
i download Sound Driver Here : Technical Support pages from Fujitsu

Driver Sound Is installed But The Problem is The Sound Does Not Exist

Whats is The Solution ??

A:Driver Sound is Installed But The Sound Does not Exist

Hi there .. The Link you Posted is for an Earthnet Driver ... Is the Driver missing for the sound in the Device Manager ? Or is there no sound Device found in the Device Manager ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/322834-driver-sound-installed-but-sound-does-not-exist.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey all after downloading this program called Tuneup Utilities I have been receiving this error on ALMOST EVERY program I try to open I can only run about or of the programs on my computer after installing this program and I get the EXACT same error every time which does The specified as not Solved: exist service service. an installed is quot The specified service does not exist as an installed service quot I tried uninstalling TuneUp Utilities and with no luck I was unable to uninstall it I am unable to do a system restore as well because I get the same error I cant even end the process because it automatically opens a new one when I end it I would love to get my computer working again and not have to reinstall my operating system Another thing that might be the problem is I am running a rd party version of Vista it is a LITE version not the genuine original everything has been running perfectly untill now and this JUST HAPPENED for the first time after installing this program Any help and or support is greatly appreciated Thanks -Tony nbsp

A:Solved: The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-the-specified-service-does-not-exist-as-an-installed-service.895357/
Relevancy 48.16%

when watching videos or surfing the net i keep losing my internet connection and windows can fix the problem by resetting my local area connection. worked fine on win vista. router is a wrt160 hardwired to my comp. i have disabled ipv6. all new firmware. thanks

A:Win7 keeps losing my local area connection

Quote: Originally Posted by Nemesis108

when watching videos or surfing the net i keep losing my internet connection and windows can fix the problem by resetting my local area connection. worked fine on win vista. router is a wrt1100 hardwired to my comp. i have disabled ipv6. all new firmware. thanks

I see no reason to disable IPv6, it has never bothered my setup.
Have your checked to find all your adapters, under system, open ea one and make sure the "All this device to turnoff to save power" IS NOT CHECKED.

Some systems have a many adapters as 3... make sure every adapter is set the same. "NOT TO ALLOW DEVICES TO TURNOFF TO SAVE POWER."

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/28316-win7-keeps-losing-my-local-area-connection.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Could U pls help me how to unlock an unaccessible local disk data H: on my western digital 320GB hard drive after I installed win8prox64 ? I stored all my important data there before I clean install win8, could that data recovered ? Thank you

A:New Win8prox64 installed & my old data local disk partition unaccessable?

Are you getting an access denied message when trying to access this data?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/new-win8prox64-installed-and-my-old-data-local-disk-partition-unaccessable-675187.html
Relevancy 47.73%

If you're running IE7 with XP, this is a "must read" if you need to perform a repair installation to correct some problem.

How to perform a repair installation of Windows XP if Internet Explorer 7 is installed

I'll stick this one for a time.

Relevancy 47.73%

I haven't had this problem yet, but people are telling me they can't do a repair on XP with sp2 installed. It says something about the disk is an older version. Is there a way to get around this?

Relevancy 47.73%

All of a sudden I am getting many BSOD while watching a recorded program, locally.
One time WMC was recording 4 programs while watching a pre-recorded program
Every error was memory management error.

A:BSOD win7 WMC watching recorded program local

Your crash dumps are not showing any finite probable cause. In such a situation, it is better to enable Driver Verifier to monitor the drivers.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

Run Driver Verifier for 24 hours or the occurrence of the next crash, whichever is earlier.

Let us know the results, with the subsequent crash dumps, if any.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/265488-bsod-win7-wmc-watching-recorded-program-local.html
Relevancy 47.73%

How can I change quot Send NTLMv Response only quot to quot Send LM amp NTLM -- Use NTLMv session security if negotiated quot on my windows starter to be able to access my network drive I been made to understand change policy Win7 to starter on security local Need that this can be accomplished through secpol msc but it does not exist on my win starter machine Here's what my network drive's tech support told me quot Windows networking Need to change local security policy on Win7 starter fails Need to change local security policy on Win7 starter to connect to the Network Space due to the version of samba on drive Windows defaults to using NTLMv for its security policy The drive uses Samba v which only supports NTLM To fix this the LAN Authentication level must be reconfigured using the quot secpol quot program to log in Click Start then Run or press windows button R on the keyboard then type quot secpol msc quot This should bring up the Security Policy system window On the left select Local Policies gt Security Options On the right scroll down to and double-click on Need to change local security policy on Win7 starter quot Network Security LAN Manager quot Change the setting from quot Send NTLMv Response only quot to quot Send LM amp NTLM -- Use NTLMv session security if negotiated quot quot how can I accomplish this

A:Need to change local security policy on Win7 starter

The Local Security Policy Editor will only be available in the Windows 7 Professional, Ultimate, and Enterpise editions. You will not have the Local Security Policy Editor available in the Windows 7 Starter and Home Premium editions.

Unfortunately you don't have this option using Windows 7 starter. I did have this picture handy though. We even have a tutorial that shows you how to edit it.
Local Security Policy Editor - Open

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/95149-need-change-local-security-policy-win7-starter.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Just for fun I downloaded the very good free and easy utility tools
LastActivityView from here: LastActivityView - View the latest computer activity in Windows operating system

and

MyEventViewer from here Alternative to standard event viewer of Windows

and run them.

Much to my surprise it shows ALL my activities since I setup my Win7 system in 2010.

I always thought that CCleaner would clean such entries but does not. Once again CCleaner failed for a security task.

So I ask here in this forum: How can I delete all my syslog entries?

Peter

A:How to delete my local Win7 syslog entries? CCleaner does not help.

Here is an SF tutorial that might help:
Event Viewer One Click Clear

I run CCleaner file cleanup periodically to cleanup unneeded junk.
I ran TFC a day or two ago for the first time and it removed apx 800 MB - that surprised me!

I don't think of these utilities so much as "security" tools, to me they are clean-up tools ...
They may help with security, hopefully they help with performance, they do help with regaining some space ...
Maybe I'm wrong and someone will correct me.

For fun I looked in Event Viewer and it has a "Clear Log..." option.
That's something you could try.

I never bothered with deleting Event History as it never caused an issue for me.
This system is Win 7 32 Bit installed in 2009.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/322157-how-delete-my-local-win7-syslog-entries-ccleaner-does-not-help.html
Relevancy 47.73%

HOw to change the the background image of the folders in local drives in windows 7 please help me with the configuration settings not the softwares?? plz

A:Changing folder Backgrounds of local drives in Win7

Hello AD,

You might see if this may be able to work for you for this.

Folder Background - Change

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/215968-changing-folder-backgrounds-local-drives-win7.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,

I need to allow access for one make of USB on our PC's and block all other makes from being used.

Can I use Win7 local policy to achieve this.

Many Thanks

A:Win7 local policy for access to a specific USB pen drive.

Interesting question and I don't have an answer for you with respect to a local policy setting achieving this. But I wonder if an antivirus app might handle such a request - to an extent. What antivirus tool is being used? Also, is this restriction being implemented in a home or business setting?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/315962-win7-local-policy-access-specific-usb-pen-drive.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey there.
My PC kept crashing and causing all sorts of trouble.
So I tried launching startup repair, but got a message saying startup repair not installed or something like that?

A:Startup Repair ''not installed''?

If the problem started just recently, go back with System Restore
System Restore - How to
If that does not work try a clean boot to diagnose
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/286873-startup-repair-not-installed.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I heard windows Media was a beefed up version of XP. I'm working on a persons laptop, and there having a Logonui.exe error. I want to see if I can repair it. But atlas no media cd.

Shotgun

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-you-use-a-xp-cd-to-repair-a-media-installed-os.841601/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi!
I followed the instructions here, so hopefully someone can look at this and tell me what is going wrong.
I run ok except when at Wake Tech Comm college - where about 60 seconds or so I will BSOD and each time a minute or so connection, it does it again. i've run registry fix programs, etc. Must be a bad .... something. ugh? haha. Any clues would be much appreciated. thank you. DAve
p.s. Perform / report is inside the subdirectory.

A:Win7 Prof BSOD when I wireless to local college network

It's showing ntoskrnl.exe errors.
Hardware conflict or virus, is my personal experience with the 0x7f codes.
Try running malwarebytes antimalware and see if it finds anything.
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware: Malwarebytes

Barring that perhaps a more experienced member will chime in.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/140822-win7-prof-bsod-when-i-wireless-local-college-network.html
Relevancy 47.3%

This is a repost because due to hardware failure it was lost and I cannot reply to cancerous's post I have empty folders in my Win user myname appdata local folder in folders have Win7 I user\myname\appdata\local\ empty I'm wondering if I can delete them Here is I have empty folders in Win7 user\myname\appdata\local\ an answer from cancerous and my response it was lost They are most likely temp directories Are they empty in byte size or you can't see any files in there If it's the latter make sure Show hidden files and folders is turned on in your folder options through the control panel and then review them If it's the former then it should be fine to delete them although I don't see much purpose to it Yes they are empty an do not contain files show hiden files and folders is turned on I won't delete them now but if they are just temp folders and more are added I might reach some point where I will want to reduce the number of empty folders Thanks

A:I have empty folders in Win7 user\myname\appdata\local\

I have a dozen or so empty folder in the same location, so they are normal. If you right click on one of them, select Properties, you will see Size on Disk 0 Bytes so they don't use any space and are innocuous. You would gain nothing by deleting them and may in fact foul up the system. Windows creates dozens of empty folder in the system for its use if needed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/217083-i-have-empty-folders-win7-user-myname-appdata-local.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Can I repair/replace win7 files with my Win7 OEM disk? With out using restore?
I am afraid I may have deleted certain files while deleting a folder. I am getting faults in some of my programs that are common.

Relevancy 46.87%

sup guys recently a friend of mine had dropped my laptop and now it wont boot up because everytime i try the start up repair would pop up but fail heres the problem details
Problem signature
problem event name startupRepairOffline
Problem signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
problem signature 03: unknown
problem signature 04: 13
problem signature 05: Autofailover
problem signature 06: 1
Problem signature 07: NoOsinstalled
Os version : 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale id : 1033

yeah its a schoollaptop was running windows 7 + its a hp mini so i have no cd drive for some reason ... please if there is any way but thanks

A:start up repair failed !no os installed?

Can you boot to Safe Mode with Command Prompt ?

While your PC is booting up tap on the F8 key on the Advanced Boot Options menu choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt and press [enter] . Log in and inside the command prompt type in

Code:
chkdsk /r

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/285565-start-up-repair-failed-no-os-installed.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Yesterday I was online opened an image from a sketchy image viewer host and immediately got bunch of viruses I panicked and turned off the computer and when it restarted had a BSOD I did a chkdsk from the recovery console using the installation disk but that didn't fix it So I have repair BSOD, re-installed and viruses still Had did a repair re-install and was able to get past the BSOD For some reason I had to re-activate my copy of Windows too But when I get to the desktop Had BSOD, repair re-installed and still have viruses everything sort of goes crazy The viruses that caused the problem in the first place are obviously still there and messing up my system My free Avast anti-virus pops up and says that a virus is detected coming from quot searchago org dfrg dfrg quot then a Windows XP Recovery program pops up listing all sorts of errors my computer has I'm not sure if this Windows XP Recovery is real or fake Then a Windows security alert pops up from the taskbar saying quot critical error damaged hard drive clusters detected Private data at risk quot then an actual message will randomly pop up saying quot The system has detected a problem with one or more installed IDE SATA Hard disks It is recommended you restart the system The computer is incredibly slow freezing when I try to start the internet or any other program My administrator tools have also disappeared I figured I would try a system restore but there is no administrator tools folder on my start menu and there is nothing in the folder when I go through the control panel I'm wondering where I go from here Obviously a couple viruses are crippling my PC but I quot m not sure how to go about fixing it

A:Had BSOD, repair re-installed and still have viruses

Hello and welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined below. Use a USB flash drive to download and transfer the tools to the affected machine, if necessary. You might like to run the Flash_Disinfector.exe on the clean machine and the flash drive first to protect against any possible transfer of infection via USB.

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/had-bsod-repair-re-installed-and-still-have-viruses-575018.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I am not sure what virus i have but I have lost my administrator rights, the ability to connect to the Internet, lost USB visibility, printers and I am unable to change any of my McAfee proctection - most of them are off and I cannot turn back on.  I have followed a couple of forums.  I have run rkill, unhide, dds, aswMBR, ExeFix, tdsskiller with mbam, FSS and Combofix.  No luck still the same problem.

I get "the specified service does not exist as an installed service" on almost everything in normal mode.

I am running Windows 7 Professional with Service pack 1.  32-bit operating system

I have been using McAfee Total Protection, but right now i am running Malwarebytes to see if it finds anything. 

I would appreciate help in getting rid of this virus.

Marcie

A:the specified service does not exist as an installed service

Hello, Since you have run ComboFix, please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at step 6.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Since you have run ComboFix, please include the ComboFix log in the new topic. Please be sure to include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to try to resolve them.Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/495037/the-specified-service-does-not-exist-as-an-installed-service/
Relevancy 46.87%

I am running Vista. I discovered this message while trying to turn on Network Discovery to set up a wireless connection between my computer and the printer. I am new to this site and cannot locate the rules for this forum- so I apologize if I am missing anything here. Any help is thoroughly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

A:The specified service does not exist as an installed service

Can't do too much for you until you provide the details - - -

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-specified-service-does-not-exist-as-an-installed-service.205283/
Relevancy 46.87%

I am installing an HP Photosmart J all in one and get the message The Specified Service does not exist as an installed service and the install fails I googled the message and found numerous hits including a well docmented resolved thread on this forum This does specified service not an service installed as The exist is failing on an IBM Thinkpad running Windows XP It worked correctly on one thinkpad and fails on another I will The specified service does not exist as an installed service list some differences in the registry The specified service does not exist as an installed service that I compared On the failing system I checked registry entry HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Control Class D E -E - CE-BFC - BE There are no lower filters and two upper filters - Shockprf and Partmgr the same is true for the working system Here is a difference For the failing system under HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Services Shockprf Enum there are two entries the first starts out with the characters IDE DiskWDC WD the second entry starts out with the characters UBSTOR Disk amp VEN HP Prod Officejet J REV For the working system there is only one entry under Enum which starts out with characters IDE DiskHITACHI not sure if this is relevant please help nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi My computer is installed an specified does exist service service as The not in the hurt The specified service does not exist as an installed service locker Wednesday evening Mcafee told me I had a trojan virus I don t remember the name and that it needed to reboot to remove it Once it restarted programs wouldn t run anymore I am getting quot The specified service does not exist as an installed service quot The The specified service does not exist as an installed service Audio is off the Network icon has a red X in it The things that do run take a long time to start and run I e bringing up the folders and then trying to The specified service does not exist as an installed service switch to another directory can take a minute or more Limited success getting things to run in safe mode I did run a full scan with Mcafee and it said the machine is clean I also used their stinger program with a clean result Windows says I dont have any restore points Hopefully you can work a small miracle Thanks Greg P s My computer is a Toshiba Satelite Laptop Model L D- s running Vista DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Greg Wagner at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated - - EA -ABB - B EB SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated D B - E- - - C A FW McAfee Firewall Enabled BE ED - A B- FFF- EC-B C Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system mfevtps exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exe C Program Files Common Files Mcafee McSvcHost McSvHost exe C Windows Explorer EXE c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Page hxxp www google com uSearch Bar Preserve uStart Page hxxp www google com uDefault Page URL hxxp www toshibadirect com dpdstart mDefault Page URL hxxp www toshibadirect com dpdstart uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com keyword s mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Armada Custom Toolbar c f ff- - bc- f a- c f - c program files armadacustomtoolbar armadacustomtoolbarX dll BHO DivX Plus Web Player HTML lt video gt e d- - fd- c - a f - c program files divx divx plus web player ie divxhtml DivXHTML dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO scriptproxy db d a - - e -b d- f c - c program files common files mcafee systemcore ScriptSn dll BHO OpenXMLViewer Helper ef b- ccd- - b c- b a - c program files openxmlviewer ie OpenXMLViewer dll BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Windows Live Messenger Companion Helper fdde b- f- -ab f- cbeff - c program files windows live companion companioncore dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll BHO Skype Browser Helper ae - e c- ed - f b-f f a - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer skypeieplugin dll BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO b e -a b - a -b - cd e a ff - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dll BHO Bing Bar Helper d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - quot c program files microsoft bingbar BingExt dll quot BHO Ask Toolbar d c f- a- -a ad- d - c program files ask com GenericAskToolbar dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files ... Read more

A:The specified service does not exist as an installed service

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/464829 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows, you should not bother creating a GMER log. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GMER logAs I am just a silly... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/464829/the-specified-service-does-not-exist-as-an-installed-service/
Relevancy 46.87%

Currently I have no administrator rights no printers no internet connection no ability to modify McAfee installation or programs in any exist as service specified installed not does an The 2 service way no USB devices are viewable although i have worked around this somewhat In safe mode i can operate but still no internet The specified service does not exist as an installed service 2 and some The specified service does not exist as an installed service 2 programs will not run Firewall wouldn't stay on to begin with now virus scan is starting the same process - appears to be on but is off when you drill down I have tried to uninstall McAfee but it will not allow me to Some of my The specified service does not exist as an installed service 2 programs are starting to take away my access - even in safe mode I am trying to figure out a way to transfer my files to a USB to save them in case of a reinstall but as of yet i can't find a way to mass copy them to the USB These are the steps I have already taken based on another forum I read - no luck rkill exe unhide exe dds scr tdsskiller exe with mbam chameleon erunt-setup exe aswMBR exe security check exe FSS exe ExeFix reg ComboFix exe I have logs for all that created logs from the steps above Below are the attach text file dds text file and the combinfix results file I appreciate any help Marcie attach text file UNLESS SPECIFICALLY INSTRUCTED DO NOT POST THIS LOG IF REQUESTED ZIP IT UP amp ATTACH IT DDS Ver - - Microsoft Windows Professional Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Install Date PM System Uptime PM hours ago Motherboard Dell Inc XPDFK Processor Intel reg Xeon reg CPU W GHz CPU mhz Disk Partitions C is FIXED NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM UDF E is Removable Disabled Device Manager Items System Restore Points RP AM - Scheduled Checkpoint RP AM - Windows Update RP PM - Installed iTunes RP AM - Windows Update RP AM - Removed DealFinder RP AM - Scheduled Checkpoint RP AM - Windows Update Installed Programs Update for Microsoft Office KB Bit HP CIO Components Installer Adobe Acrobat Standard - English Fran ais Deutsch Adobe Acrobat - CPSID Adobe AIR Adobe Flash Player ActiveX AIO CDA ProductContext AIO CDA Software AIO Scan Apple Application Support Apple Mobile Device Support Apple Software Update Bonjour BufferChm C c Help Carbonite CardMinder V CardMinder V Cisco Connect Copy Definition Update for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition Destinations DeviceDiscovery Dividend Miles Toolbar DocProc ERUNT j Fax Google Earth Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer Google Update Helper GPBaseService HP Customer Participation Program HP Imaging Device Functions HP Officejet E n-z Basic Device Software HP Officejet E n-z Help HP Photosmart All-In-One Driver Software Rel A HP Photosmart Essential HP Smart Web Printing HP Solution Center HP Update HPDiagnosticAlert HPPhotoGadget HPPhotoSmartDiscLabelContent HPPhotosmartEssential HPProductAssistant HPSSupply I R I S OCR iCloud iTunes Java Auto Updater Java Update LogMeIn Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version MarketResearch Marketsplash Shortcuts McAfee Online Backup McAfee Total Protection McAfee Virtual Technician Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center Microsoft Office Service Pack SP Microsoft Office Service Pack SP Microsoft Office Basic Microsoft Office Excel MUI English Microsoft Office File Validation Add-In Microsoft Office Outlook MUI English Microsoft Office Proof English Microsoft Office Proof English Microsoft Office Proof French Microsoft Office Proof French Microsoft Office Proof Spanish Microsoft Office Proof Spanish Microsoft Office Proofing English Microsoft Office Proofing English Microsoft Office Proofing Tools Service Pack SP Microsoft Office Publisher Microsoft Office Publisher MUI English Microsoft Office Shared MUI English Microsoft Office Shared MUI English Microsoft Office Shared Setup Metadata MUI English Microsoft Office Shared Setup Metadata MUI English Microsoft Office Word MUI Engl... Read more

A:The specified service does not exist as an installed service 2

Greetings Marcie and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me about it.When you post your reply, use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.Now let's get started ===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far. Sounds like you have a lot going on. Please allow me some time to review the information you have provided and I will reply as soon as possible. While I do that please attempt to run the below program.===================================================Farbar's Recovery Scan Tool--------------------For this step you will need a USB flash drive and start on a clean computer.Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive. You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC and follow the 2 step process below to enter the System Recovery Options using one of the three options listed, then running Farbar's Recover Scan Tool----------Entering into the System Recovery OptionsOption #1To enter System Recovery Options in Windows 8:If you are using Windows 8 consult How to use the Windows 8 System Recovery Environment Command Prompt to enter System Recovery Command prompt and skp the next two options.Option #2To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:Restart the computer.As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/495066/the-specified-service-does-not-exist-as-an-installed-service-2/
Relevancy 46.87%

I am receiving this error:

with my networking icon. Now, normally this wouldn't be a problem because I can still connect to the internet, but it is very unstable. It will disconnect at any time, and then not be able to reconnect or cannot recognize the router. I connect by wireless, and our other computer that does the same does not have this problem. I cannot find a solution to this on any forum and I'm losing hair over it. Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Relevancy 46.87%

Hello All,
I am troubleshooting a laptop for a friend. It was infected with quite a few viruses/malware. I have run MSERT, TDSSKiller, and Advanced SystemCare. I believe the system is pretty much clean at this point, but a ZeroAccess type rootkit has disabled several services. How do I enable the services? It is only functional in SafeMode right now. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, in advance.

Dell Studio 1737
Windows Vista Home Premium
Service Pack 2
Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB RAM
32-bit OS

A:"The specified service does not exist as an installed service"

Hello, please run these firstDid TDSS remove anything?Please download Farbar Service Scanner and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Please download Rkill by Grinler and save it to your desktop.Please download aswMBR ( 511KB ) to your desktop.Link 1Link 2Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.If using Vista, right-click on it and Run As Administrator.A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.If it does not work, repeat the process and attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs.If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.Do not reboot the computer, you will need to run the application again.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.Double click the aswMBR.exe icon to run itClick the Scan button to start the scanOn completion of the scan, click the save log button, save it to your desktop and post it in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/502142/the-specified-service-does-not-exist-as-an-installed-service/
Relevancy 46.87%

an only interact with the environment via Safe Mode..

have tried the registry hacks to play with UAC - but to no avail..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-the-specified-service-does-not-exist-as-an-installed-service.199125/
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix-corrupted-user-profile#1TC=windows-7
http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/279435-cannot-disable-uac-button-does-not-do-anything.html - but went hunting for the registry settings on microsoft.com for Win7...

SOME applications will run outside of safemode (not many) - was wondering if this was tied to .NET dependenices - tried to re-install .NET - but the installer wont run with this issue, and .NET wont install in Safe mode!

tried un-installing and installing apps - but that doesnt work in either Safe mode or normal mode

have tried using MSCONFIG  - and going for minimal boot - that made no impact
have tried trawling the registry to manually remove startup items and to inject my own... that didnt work

so now i'm lost for next steps.....

A:The specified Service does not exist as an installed service

You're likely infested with some nasty IMHO. You should seek help in Am I infected? What do I do? sub forum.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/602092/the-specified-service-does-not-exist-as-an-installed-service/
Relevancy 46.87%

cant turn on network discovery printer sharing etc. this just happened a couple of days ago. my wife connected her new hp laptop to our home network. and now no sharing or discovery.

message this service does not exist as an installed service when trying to turn network discovery on. also windows firewall cannot be accessed. also my daughers laptop can see the router, but when we try to connect it cannot. it asks for a number from the router, but when you put it in it says mismatch.

i saw a post a bout this from before with no answers

A:service does not exist as an installed service

Hi,

Found a link check if it might helpful for this issue: The specified service does not exist as an installed service - Microsoft Community

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/298461-service-does-not-exist-installed-service.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a Dell E520 Tower, Windows XP Pro on Service Pack 2.Have an HP Photosmart C7250 all in one printer / scan / fax.This printer was installed and working fine on an ethernet connection - connected to linksys router. PC is wirelessly connected to the router / internet from linksys wireless network adapter.I had to reinstall windows XP due to some corrupt system files.Went to reinstall the printer and when I go to select to install the printer on wireless / ethernet versus direct / USB cable, the installation fails, get an error message which exactly says "Error - specified service does not exist as an installed service".I have seen this error message in many forums, many possible solutions, but nothing seemingly directly related to a printer or this specific printer.If anyone can help me in identfying the cause and a solution, I would greatly appreciate it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/specified-service-does-not-exist-as-an-installed-service.847437/
Relevancy 46.44%

hi

Howto repair WIN7/64-bit/SP1 from my colleague, if no Backup image and Windows Recovery was switched off?
The problem is the system is not stable and crashed one time a month.
Is it any way to do it from a setup CD, like "Repair Option" on WIN2000/XP?

A:Repair existing WIN7

Try these steps:
Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/321811-repair-existing-win7.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have tried the startup recovery repair options several times to no avail It automatically boots to the recovery console right when the Windows logo comes up on repair Win7 cannot CorruptFile boot I then tried running the FSRT scan and here are the results I would be grateful for any help Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST Win7 CorruptFile cannot repair x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM at - - Running from J Windows Ultimate X OS Language English US The current controlset is ControlSet Registry Whitelisted HKLM Run Logitech Download Assistant C Windows system rundll exe C Windows System LogiLDA dll LogiFetch - - Logitech Inc HKLM Run CanonMyPrinter C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exe logon - - CANON INC HKLM-x Run AVG TRAY C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe - - AVG Technologies CZ s r o HKLM-x Run NUSB MON quot C Program Files x NEC Electronics USB Host Controller Driver Application nusb mon exe quot - - NEC Electronics Corporation HKLM-x Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files x QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run VirtualCloneDrive quot C Program Files x Elaborate Bytes VirtualCloneDrive VCDDaemon exe quot s - - Elaborate Bytes AG HKLM-x Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM-x Run StartCCC quot C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe quot MSRun - - Advanced Micro Devices Inc HKLM-x Run CLMLServer quot C Program Files x CyberLink Power Go CLMLSvc exe quot - - CyberLink HKLM-x Run UpdateP GoShortCut quot C Program Files x CyberLink Power Go MUITransfer MUIStartMenu exe quot quot C Program Files x CyberLink Power Go quot UpdateWithCreateOnce quot SOFTWARE CyberLink Power Go quot - - CyberLink Corp HKLM-x Run UpdatePSTShortCut quot C Program Files x CyberLink Blu-ray Disc Suite MUITransfer MUIStartMenu exe quot quot C Program Files x CyberLink Blu-ray Disc Suite quot UpdateWithCreateOnce quot Software CyberLink PowerStarter quot - - CyberLink Corp HKLM-x Run RemoteControl C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD PDVD Serv exe - - CyberLink Corp HKLM-x Run CanonSolutionMenuEx C Program Files x Canon Solution Menu EX CNSEMAIN EXE logon - - CANON INC HKLM-x Run IJNetworkScannerSelectorEX C Program Files x Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX CNMNSST exe FORCE - - HKU Jay Run DAEMON Tools Lite quot C Program Files x DAEMON Tools Lite DTLite exe quot -autorun - - DT Soft Ltd HKU Jay Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files x Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background - - Microsoft Corporation HKU Jay RunOnce FlashPlayerUpdate C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashUtil Plugin exe -update plugin x HKU Yasuyo Run DAEMON Tools Lite quot C Program Files x DAEMON Tools Lite DTLite exe quot -autorun - - DT Soft Ltd HKU Yasuyo Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files x Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background - - Microsoft Corporation HKU Yasuyo Run Skype quot C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe quot nosplash minimized - - Skype Technologies S A HKLM RunOnce Restore C Windows system rstrui exe RUNONCE - - Microsoft Corporation Tcpip Parameters DhcpNameServer Startup C Users All Users Start Menu Programs Startup AirStation lnk ShortcutTarget AirStation lnk - gt C Program Files x BUFFALO WDTool bwdnotification exe BUFFALO INC Startup C Users All Users Start Menu Programs Startup Client Manager V lnk ShortcutTarget Client Manager V lnk - gt C Program Files x BUFFALO clientmgrv bin cmvMain exe BUFFALO INC Startup C Users All Users Start Menu Programs Startup McAfee Security Scan Plus lnk ShortcutTarget McAfee Security Scan Plus lnk - gt C Program Files x McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe Startup C Users Jay Start Menu Programs Startup PCastTV for Lite lnk ShortcutTarget PCastTV for Lite lnk... Read more

A:Win7 CorruptFile cannot repair

Hello brunhilde,Welcome to the forum.Please refrain from doing any fix or making any changes to the system from now on until we are done unless you decide you can do the rest on your own. Thank you.Does the system repair tells you which file is currupted?Boot to System Recovery Options and run FRST.Type the following in the edit box after "Search:".Fs_Rec.sys;RDPWD.sysNote: The file names should be precise and separated by semicolon (;)Click Search File(s) button and post the log it makes to your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/479267/win7-corruptfile-cannot-repair/
Relevancy 46.44%

My Win7/home is borked. Sfc /scannow is in an incomplete loop. A windows update is also jammed. (Shows 51% at reboot and then disappears). Instead of going through (another) repair install, I'd just as soon just do a win10 upgrade.

would I introduce errors by upgrading over a bad win7 install?

Thanks. (Any typos due to stupid iPad typing autocorrect and no backspace or delete. Thats why pic wins.)

A:Win7 needs a repair: okay to just upgrade to 10, instead?

What do you mean by incomplete loop when running system file checker ? How did you do a repair install, used Windows 7 media disc ?
Upgrading may introduce more issues especially unable to download updates. How about a clean install of Windows 10 or clean install Windows 7 and then upgrade.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/40988-win7-needs-repair-okay-just-upgrade-10-instead.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I would like to know how can I repair the OS once I upgrade to SP1?

A:How can I repair Win7 after installing SP1?

Hello.

Please be very specific about the type of repair you are referring to as there are several types and any suggestions we make would be purely conjecture on our part.

Describe in detail the issues you are having.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/150527-how-can-i-repair-win7-after-installing-sp1.html
Relevancy 46.44%

What I am trying to do, is follow the SSD optimization guide. And do a Windows 7 Repair Install. but the problem is I have Windows 7 SP1, and It wont allow me to uninstall it, I dont want to do a restore to a earlier date before sp1 was installed because i will lose a crap ton of stuff I dont want to lose. So i was wondering does ANYONE know where I could possibly get a Windows 7 SP1 Installation disk?? that would be friggin awesome. This message board rocks i hope soemone can help me out.

thanks in advance.

A:Need Help Repair Install for SSD Win7 Sp1

Hello kwantz, welcome to Seven Forums!

It is against forum rules to post dl links to MS software, but what you need can be found after a quick search of the inerwebz.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/168417-need-help-repair-install-ssd-win7-sp1.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a Dell Laptop that won't boot up anymore (BSOD), I have saved all the data on the drive and I want to re-install/repair windows but I do not have the original Dell Windows 7 DVD (and the recovery drive was nuked). I do have a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate on me and I was wondering if I could use that to do the re-install (and keep their valid Dell CD-Key)?

Is this possible?
Thanks,

A:Repair/Reinstall Win7 with a different DVD?

Hello Shaitan00, welcome to Seven Forums!

You can definitely do a clean install to the PC and activate with the activation key on the COA sticker attached to the PC but it will have to be the exact same Windows version the PC shipped with, Windows 7 is version-specific; you may have to make a robo-call to MS to sort the batch-key though.

How to Activate Windows 7 by Phone
If you can't find an exact same version, you could use the info in this tutorial to create an "all versions" installer of any version Windows installer, to install using the same method I posted above.

Windows 7 Universal Installation Disc - Create

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/164868-repair-reinstall-win7-different-dvd.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Sorry if these have been covered before but I've searched this and other forums and not found them I have two problems with Win Repair CDs that I built by creating and burning them on two different PCs running Win -bit retail Home Premium PC and Professional PC In both cases when I booted from either PC I get the Vista-like horizontal green bar not the new Win orbiting thingies I thought that might have been the case on one machine because I problems Repair CD Win7 upgraded it from Vista But the other machine was a clean install -- with no prior Vista on it When I boot from either of the Win DVDs I get the new Win orbiting thingies Second problem is that in both cases attempts to Win7 Repair CD problems repair my PCs failed I had installed Win to machines that had previous OSs In Win7 Repair CD problems one case Vista in the other case XP and in both cases Win wrote its bootloader files to the other OS partition So this Win7 Repair CD problems last weekend I decided to quot futureproof quot my machine by migrating the boot loader stuff to the Win partitions on both machines I tried using EasyBCD latest beta and in both cases it left me with unbootable machines I booted each machine from the Repair CD I had previously made and not only did I get the Vista-like boot more importantly neither was able to repair the boot loader setup I ended up booting each machine from the Win DVD -- and used Startup Repair to do the fixes So is it a common problem to have a Vista-like boot presentation using Repair CDs and not have those CDs work when trying to do Startup Repair I'm asking because I'd really like to keep my original Win DVDs stored away and NOT use them -- because if they get damaged in any way I'm hosed I'd much rather use the Repair CDs

A:Win7 Repair CD problems

Hello Mark,

You might consider creating a ISO file from your orignal Windows 7 installation disk using a program like the free ISO Recorder, then burn the ISO to DVD to have a copy that you can use instead.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/64664-win7-repair-cd-problems.html
Relevancy 46.44%

i rebooted my computer after installing updates and then got stuck in a reapir loop. i have already tried to run startup repair with no luck. any ideas? here is the fbar log.
Mod Edit:  Removed FRST log, not allowed/used in this forum since it is a malware-neutralization tool...not to be used for ordinary system issues - Hamluis.

A:Win7 Repair Loop

Instead of doing startup repair, try to do a system restore. When booting the computer keep hitting F8 and choose the "repair my computer" option and then you can restore it to a previous date with system restore. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510977/win7-repair-loop/
Relevancy 46.44%

My laptop is an ACER with Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 OEM installed, I do not have an original disk as it was pre installed on the computer when purchased.

I wish to upgrade to SP2, my questions are -
1/ Can I make an SP2 disk to do a repair install?
2/ If the disk can be made would it do an SFC (system file check) as SP2?
3/ Could I make up another set of Rescue Disks that would include SP2?
4/ Could the Repair Module installed on the computer be updated to SP2?

I am a little lost in this area not having an original disk (no slipstream disk) and would appreciate any advise before I upgrade to SP2.

kevsim

A:Repair Vista 32 OEM Home Premium OS That was Pre Installed

1/ Can I make an SP2 disk to do a repair install?

Yes. There is such a thing as Vista installation iso with sp2 already integrated. You might need to google for it.

Alternatively, you could fresh install vista with sp1, then use sysprep to create install media including sp2.

Sliptream Vista SP2

2/ If the disk can be made would it do an SFC (system file check) as SP2?

yes

3/ Could I make up another set of Rescue Disks that would include SP2?

You already made that in step 1 above.

4/ Could the Repair Module installed on the computer be updated to SP2?

In theory, yes, but it is fiddly. You won't need it if you have the installation media you made in step 1.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/300600-repair-vista-32-oem-home-premium-os-pre-installed.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey guys, yet another problem from me (I'm just throwing them all out, what a nice guy eh?).

I recently had to do a repair install since explore.exe was either deleted, moved, or thrown in a corner somewhere and beaten with a stick. Regardless this was because I had tried doing a System Restore which failed miserably. I believe this was due to Norton SystemWorks 2003 but that is besides the point.

When I did the repair install the System Restore utility failed to install and I tried re-installing again. Anyone have any ideas as to how I can possibly get it back?
(I promise this is my last problem for awhile, unless the system goes screwy again )

Relevancy 46.44%

Hello

Is it possible to capture or read witch Win 7 64 pro version is installed on my system. I could install the drive in another system and read is file trough an USB adapter

I can't boot from the drive and I got a message that I need to install the installation disc. Since I bought my licence over the net, I don't have the disk.

I did download an ISO disk, but I receive a message that the version that I want to repair is not the same as the one installed

Martin

A:WIN repair: How to find witch Windows 7 is installed:

Did you get your ISO here?

Windows 7 Direct Download Links, Official Disk Images from Digital River

That version warning can be either you didn't grab the correct bit version (x86 or x64) or that one of the versions has SP1 and the other doesn't.

Does the install you are trying to repair have SP1?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/339415-win-repair-how-find-witch-windows-7-installed.html
Relevancy 46.44%

My computer died this week. I took it into a repair shop and they replaced
the motherboard for me. The also ran the repair utility.

Now, I get errors when I start up and click on basically anything. The main
error that comes up is a windows installer that reads:

The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is
unavailable.
Click OK to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing
the installation package MONEY.MSI in the box below.

\\qa-6\WhistlerOPK\apps\Money2002\

I am not sure what this means. I have already had to install my anitvirus
and firewall over and my isp which is AOL. I had SP2 installed, do I need to
reinstall it too??

Can this be fixed? My repair shop said that sometimes this happens with xp
and that it is just the way it is.

Thanks so much

Relevancy 46.44%

Had a disk issue with my system, took to a local repairman, he installed something that the system boots into. My system will not boot to safe, bios or any other mode. I can get into safe mode via msconfig.

The real issue I am trying to fix is iTunes is not working, says it has no program associated with it. wanted to get into safe mode with command prompt to run assoc.exe=exefile Any suggestions of wait to repairman to open and have him help me uninstall what ever software he installed???

A:Repair tech installed a boot program

Welcome Walkingbird
A little more information will help us help you.
HP desktop model number will come in handy.
Can you describe what the program it boots into says? Such as does it say "recovery" or does it have a logo or name?
I take it the f8 key does not take you to the boot choice screen but does the f8 do anything?

It is difficult to say what to do without knowing what program we are dealing with. I would also ask you to make sure there are no cd's or dvd's in the drives prior to boot. I can't tell you how many times I have seen a repair or scanning disk left in the drive by repair personnel cause boot issues.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/291504-repair-tech-installed-boot-program.html
Relevancy 46.44%

hi
i have installed windows 7 before and it was working well i want to install windows xp sp3 so i installed it in another drive but in the os choice menu there is no win 7
but in my hard disk it is showing
is there anything so that i can use both xp sp3 and win7
plz help

A:there is no win7 os after i installed xp

Quote: Originally Posted by girishvarma2007

hi
i have installed windows 7 before and it was working well i want to install windows xp sp3 so i installed it in another drive but in the os choice menu there is no win 7
but in my hard disk it is showing
is there anything so that i can use both xp sp3 and win7
plz help

Hi and welcome

Normally xp is installed first and when win 7 is installed it makes a boot menu. You can replicate it by using bcdedit. there is a tutorial for its use here BCDEDIT - How to Use

After you read it let us know if you need help

Ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/53605-there-no-win7-os-after-i-installed-xp.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have 2 x Windows 7 partitions on my system, both of which are 32-bit installations. I'd like to upgrade one of the installations to 64-bit (I do have a 64-bit machine BTW). Are there any caveats I should know about? I've gathered that an 'upgrade' requries me to choose the Custom Install option which loses all my data files and 3rd party programs but that's no problem; I can back them up and replace them. Anything else I should know about? e.g. will my other partition be left intact?

A:Installed Win7 32-bit. Now want 64-bit

Only check for 64 bit drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/182610-installed-win7-32-bit-now-want-64-bit.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi...my motherboard always has B.S.O.D. problem....
Recently, I sent it back to gigabyte to check the motherboard, but, they said my motherboard is no problem. Here is the basic information of my computer. Plz help me!!!
? OS - Windows 7 x64
? What was original installed OS on system? win7 X86
? Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)?it's not
? Age of system (hardware) :1 year
? Age of OS installation -
have you re-installed the OS? yes

? CPU: i5 [email protected]
? Video Card: ATI Radeon HD5700
? MotherBoard : GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3 (version 1.0)
? Power Supply - coolermaster 500w

? System Manufacturer
? Exact model number

A:B.S.O.D. after I installed the win7 x64

Hi -

27 BSODs in <36 hours.

These definitely appear to be hardware related. 16 of the dumps name hardware; however, the dumps are incapable of telling us exactly which piece of hardware is the problem child -

Code:

BugCheck 1E, {0, 0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiKernelCalloutExceptionHandler+e )
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Probably caused by : hardware ( nt!KiKernelCalloutExceptionHandler+e )
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
BugCheck A, {ffffffffffffff93, 2, 1, fffff800030d0f42}
Probably caused by : hardware ( nt!SwapContext_PatchXSave+a2 )
BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc000001d, fffff8000309dacd, 0, fffffa8003f22000}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiIpiInterrupt+5d )
BugCheck 50, {fffff7ff8b166dde, 8, fffff7ff8b166dde, 5}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+43d41 )
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff8000360bae0, fffff880029d7b80, 0}
Probably caused by : hardware ( nt!KiSystemServiceHandler+7c )
BugCheck A, {fffff88002ffd690, 2, 0, fffff800030ec7ce}
Probably caused by : hardware ( nt!KiProcessExpiredTimerList+9e )
BugCheck A, {ffffffffffffffaf, f, 1, fffff800030a7c8b}
Probably caused by : hardware ( nt!RtlLookupFunctionEntry+eb )
BugCheck 3D, {fffff88002ffd150, 0, 0, fffff88000c90b7d}
Probably caused by : atapi.sys ( atapi!AtapiHwInterrupt+98 )
BugCheck 50, {fffff88026aa9685, 1, fffff800030d6480, 2}
Probably caused by : hardware ( nt!KeAccumulateTicks+300 )
BugCheck 1A, {41287, 0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+45a35 )
BugCheck A, {ffffe48026ceffd9, 2, 1, fffff8000361cf4f}
Probably caused by : hardware ( PCIIDEX!BmFlush+25 )
Probably caused by : hardware ( usbuhci!UhciQueueTransfer+5d )
????????????????????????????????????????????... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/b-s-o-d-after-i-installed-the-win7-x64-642809.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I have 6 month old hard disk which has windows Xp loaded in it. Now i want to installed Win7 pro hence i tried to installed the same but when I tried to installed it comes to 45 to 47% and i get message saying file may be corrupt and it stops its process. please help me with soluton

A:Installed win7

dirty disc.........memory problems is two reasons i have encountered in the past with your issue

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installed-win7.1043160/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi All I just noticed noticed yesterday that I have a weird new tag along for the icons in My Computer for my LOCAL hard drives They remind me of health temperature indicators used by programs such as Hard Drive Sentinel - which I was using but haven't had it look quite this way before and it checkmark local drive - circle/black in My Computer Win7 green on icons would always go away when I closed the program from the SysTray - so it was not even running in the background Just to check I removed HD Sentinel and Acronis True Image and rebooted - still there Looked thru running processes as well as running services and didn't see anything that looked suspicious Did a Google Win7 - green circle/black checkmark on local drive icons in My Computer search on several varieties of the title of this post and got nothing specific - got several 'checkbox' and 'checkmark' references and images but none matching what I've got I'd appreciate it if anyone can identify from this screenshot what might be tagging along here I'll include a list of all running services as well as all running tasks to see if anything there rings a bell either While I could just start killing tasks and services I thought I'd 'run it up the pole' first and see if I can save myself time The only reason I'm concerned at ALL is because I'm a super geek and MUST know everything that is running on my system Thanks for any help -Sam nbsp RunningServices txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp TaskList txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads

A:Win7 - green circle/black checkmark on local drive icons in My Computer

Please download MiniToolBox to your desktop.

Right-click on MiniToolBox.exe and select Run as Administrator.

You will see an image like the one below.

Click on the following checkbox only:

• List Installed Programs

Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, then copy it and paste it in your topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/580905/win7-green-circleblack-checkmark-on-local-drive-icons-in-my-computer/
Relevancy 46.01%

is it a way to repair your installation of windows 7 without the CD/DVD. I ran sfc /scannow and it found several corrupted files within windows 7. I do not know how to go about and fix it. I Checked the CBS.Log file an seen some errors. Please Help.

A:Repair Install Win7 Without Installation CD

What brand and model? Some OEM machines have a factory reco very featuret that returns the pc to the state it was shipped

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/repair-install-win7-without-installation-cd-662020.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I cannot believe that I'm the only person that runs disk OS Win7 repair? physical for into this problem So here I am asking the community I've run into problems with the machine that are clearly related to corrupted chunks of the OS Win7 OS physical disk for repair? Restore points do not go back far enough Only an image from very long ago would likely resolve the problems However restoring that older image requires hours and hours updating Win7 OS physical disk for repair? and reinstalling software The solution would be to use the OS's own repair ability but that requires the original OS physical disk--something that USED to be always provided by computer manufacturers and now at least with Lenovo is impossible to even purchase at an extra charge with the machine If the installation files not an image were maintained on the machine for some utility to use to selectively repair corrupted OS files similar to using the physical disk that would be great but again according to Lenovo same is not available Has anyone found a solution to this problem Mark

A:Win7 OS physical disk for repair?

You can download an ISO and create a disc or bootable flash drive,

The official Microsoft install media is available here,

Windows 7 Direct Download Links

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/317462-win7-os-physical-disk-repair.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi all thanks for reading my post I've read through other Startup repair infinite loop threads and wanted to post a new one My computer had frozen in Windows and so hard reset it and upon rebooting I ran the Startup Repair and after it finished I could no longer boot into windows it gets stuck in the loop I have the hard disk as first priority boot order I've ran through the startup repair times and th time right now Running in Safe Mode does not escape me from the startup repair loop Loading last known good configuration doesn't work Loading windows normally doesn't work I am ready to do a clean install but I need to get back in first to export some important files from software first Restore points are missing backups are missing SFC Scannow says I still have startup repair pending Any help or do you need more information from me loop, Win7 Repair Startup Thank you so much All the best Chris

A:Startup Repair loop, Win7

Hello Chris mate if getting back the data is what you need to do before you go clean installing (if that is what you are thinking of) try this
BOOTABLE UBUNTU
Make a bootable Ubuntu disk Get Ubuntu | Download | Ubuntu
Set the BIOS to boot from the optical when the machine boots it will show you a screen with TRY or INSTALL > select TRY not INSTALL
When it is finished - it takes very little time you will get a screen like in the pic .
Open the drive you want > User and dig down until you get to the data / settings you may be able to copy / paste the material you want to an external source or other installed drive doing this.
I am not sure if it will but I have recovered tons of data etc using this method both on "dead" or just plain drives that you cannot get data from using Windows.

There is another Linux method using Mint but I find this way is easy and I like disks.

Then you might like to have a read through this Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/387474-startup-repair-loop-win7.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello,

I have a Toshiba laptop with windows 7 ultimate and I'm trying to follow a guide like this one in reseting account password:

How to crack windows 7 "user login" password without using any Software. - YouTube

But the thing is that I can't get startup repair no matter how much I force shutdown.. Everytime I get the menu that only consist of:

Safe mode
Safe mode with networking
Safe mode with command prompt

Start windows normally

What's the issue here?

Thanks,

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/402011-cant-start-win7-startup-repair.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Apologies in advance for long post but I believe the more info I give to anyone trying to help the better I am having a bit booting from run DVD 'Repair Win7 your Cant computer' of a problem trying to repair my windows Home Premium installation I booted the computer from the windows installation disk and selected 'Repair your computer' then received the error message 'This version of System recovery options is not compatible with the version of windows you are trying to repair ' After a lot of googling I discovered that this error may be shown if trying to repair a windows installation if Cant run 'Repair your computer' booting from Win7 DVD it has SP and the installation disk does not I downloaded an iso of win home premium with SP and burnt it to a disk When I try to repair Cant run 'Repair your computer' booting from Win7 DVD with this disk I get the same message Here is a history of why I came to be repairing in the first place Played Skyrim - computer crashed every time and when I restarted got the message 'bootmanager not found' or something similar After restarting the computer again windows would load fine Stopped playing skyrim but played many other games with no repeat of this problem months or so later days ago - Installed XCom Enemy unknown demo and played for mins before computer crashed with a return of the 'bootmanager not found' message This time I could not get windows to load at all I kept getting this message I read on the internet how to fix the bootmanager by booting from the windows disk choosing command prompt from the system recovery options and entering the command 'bootrec fixmbr' note that at this point I can select the 'Repair your computer option' and run the System recovery options After doing this Windows still wont load and I now cant even run the Startup repair because of this wrong version error message I have another hard disk in the computer with a working clean copy of win on it had this disk disconnected while trying all these repairs if this would be useful to access info on borked install It would be possible for me to use this windows to copy all important stuff of the broken windows and onto another drive Then just reinstall but I really dont want to have to do this Sorry if I've gone on a bit but if anyone knows how I can fix this problem I would be very happy

A:Cant run 'Repair your computer' booting from Win7 DVD

Work through these steps for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot which include everything possible that can be done up to rescuiing your files and running Recovery or Reinstalling.

I would use the latest official installer provided to run the boot repairs given, after trying to access Repair console on F8 Advanced boot tools. You may need the installer for reinstall anyway.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/256398-cant-run-repair-your-computer-booting-win7-dvd.html
Relevancy 46.01%

My Win 7 installation became corrupt. When I try to do a repair with the OEM 64bit disk, I get an error message :
"Windows could not retrieve information about the disks on this computer"
I'm at a loss as where to go from here. Any suggestions?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version:
Processor:
Processor Count:
RAM:
Graphics Card:
Hard Drives:
Motherboard:
Antivirus: None

A:Unable to repair Win7 installation.

There's obviously something more wrong as the TSG info didn't load.

I've included it here:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950 @ 3.71GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 24567 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series, 1024 Mb X 2
Hard Drives: C: Total - 1907726 MB, Free - 1625820 MB; D: Total - 286173 MB, Free - 87257 MB; E: Total - 476936 MB, Free - 139132 MB; F: Total - 476937 MB, Free - 85225 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., Rampage III Extreme
Antivirus: GFI Software VIPRE, Updated and Enabled

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-repair-win7-installation.1126979/
Relevancy 46.01%

Remember, we used to all link to the Neosmart website for 32 bit and 64 bit ISOs of the win7 repair disks? Unfortunately, those links no longer work and some of us were scratching our heads.

So, anyway I found new links:

{LIVE LINKS REMOVED}

These are from this page:

Create a Windows 7 System Repair Disc — MAXIMUMpcguides – Windows 7 tips, tricks, help, and how-to guides

Hope they'll be useful.

A:Win7 Repair Disk Download

Well if you could get out to the net, why wouldn`t you just make it from 7 ??

Not trying to be disrespectable. ( Is that a word ? )

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/182947-win7-repair-disk-download.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have made a windows 7 32bit repair disk as per the instructions in Win7 and it has got me out of trouble a couple of times. I have a friend who has a problem with a vista computer and didn't make the vista repair, can I use my Win7 repair disk to boot into a vista system (assume both machines are 32 bit). M