Windows Support Forum

HP Recovery Manager says that my recovery partition has been removed

Q: HP Recovery Manager says that my recovery partition has been removed

.... but I didn't touch it.
My d:\ is not empty - it is almost 80% full but when i click on it there are no files. Tried - to the extent of my knowledge - to see if the files are hidden but didn't reach anywhere. Tried a restore point but that didnt work either. Please help

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: HP Recovery Manager says that my recovery partition has been removed

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: HP Recovery Manager says that my recovery partition has been removed

Recovery Manager has hiccups sometimes...
Try re-booting and entering at boot.

If that fails you can order the Recovery Media from HP for a reasonable price.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/237130-hp-recovery-manager-says-my-recovery-partition-has-been-removed.html
Relevancy 100.62%

My laptop has become very slow, I reinstalled windows and installed original drivers from HP's website. But, my laptop is still very slow. So, I'm hinking about restoring my laptop to factory settings. I don't have HP Backup & Recovery manager or Recovery Partition or any disc that came with laptop. If there is any way I can restore my laptop to Factory Settings, Please inform . And If I need to download anyting please give the link with it. Thank You.

A:Don't have Recovery partition and Recovery Manager to Reset ...

Hi there @HPian_B,  Before I provide troubleshooting documentation, I would like to take a minute to welcome you to the HP Support Community, where you can ask questions, find solutions and get help from the community! I read that you would like to reset your HP Pavilion g6-2310ex Notebook PC to factory settings.  Please read the document called Backing Up Your Files. This will provide you with ways to back up the files you have on your Notebook. Here is a document for you to read called Creating Recovery Discs or Saving a Recovery Image to a USB Flash Drive. I pulled some information from the document for you. The first thing I would like to make you aware of is that only DVD-R, DVD-R DL, DVD+R, or DVD+R DL discs are compatible with the Recovery Media Creation program. The following disc types are not compatible with the Recovery Media Creation program:CDsDVD-RWDVD+RWDVD-RW DLDVD+RW DLYou will then also see that in the document it says: The Recovery Media Creation software program allows  only one complete set of discs to be created.The Recovery Media Creation software program  requires an uncorrupted recovery partition (Recovery Image (D) to create a set of discs. Uncorrupted means the recovery partition has  not been modified or removed.The creation process takes about 30 minutes per DVD. The entire recovery set does not need to be created in one session.The Recovery Media Creation software can be aborted at any time, except during the writing (burning) process, by clicking  Cancel. The next time the Recovery Media Creation software program is run, it automatically starts where it last stopped.You can use the recovery discs you create on your computer on another computer only if the second computer is the same model as the one that created the recovery discs.Here is a document called Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7) and another called Recover Windows 7 Operating System Using Microsoft Windows Backup and Restore. - This is used to Recover, Restore, or do a Clean Install of Windows 7.  Please make sure that you read these documents very carefully before you decided to reset to factory settings.  Thanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. Please also re-post with the exact error message you received. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudos. Thanks!Have a great day

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Don-t-have-Recovery-partition-and-Recovery-Manager-to-Reset/td-p/5594620
Relevancy 100.62%

Hello nbsp I upgraded Recovery the HP to Using Manager Recovery delete Partition--... my notebook to Windows shortly after it was offered in August nbsp I also upgraded my main drive with a smaller SSD nbsp So now that the notebook's been running OK for almost a year I'd like to delete the recovery partition nbsp I only have a GB SSD so deleting that Recovery partition would give me almost more space on my C drive nbsp I tried using two different partition programs to do this-- both apps let me delete the partition D Recovery-- far right top but then neither will let me add the new space to the C drive nbsp There is small partition between the two and they will let me resize that partition but not the C partition nbsp nbsp I found that the HP Recovery Manager that's installed on my notebook has an option for deleting the partition Using HP Recovery Manager to delete the Recovery Partition--... but Using HP Recovery Manager to delete the Recovery Partition--... it doesn't say where it will put the new unallocated space but I didn't go all the way with it yet nbsp If I work through it the rest of the way will it give me the option of where to put the new unallocated space nbsp Or will it add it to the C drive automatically nbsp nbsp Below is a snapshot of the drives configuration the drive on TOP is the one in question nbsp

A:Using HP Recovery Manager to delete the Recovery Partition--...

Hi, I can see C: and D: do not sit next to each other therefore Windows Disk Manager may not like this. Please try:     http://www.easeus.com/partition-manager-software/combine-partitions-windows-10-free.html Note: you have to delete D: first. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Using-HP-Recovery-Manager-to-delete-the-Recovery-Partition/td-p/5706070
Relevancy 97.18%

My laptop crashed but I was bale to recover my data from the drive using an external cable to the drive on my desktop PC.  I can see the recovery partition, can I make a recover USB from the drive without it being in my laptop?

A:Re: Don't have Recovery partition and Recovery Manager to Re...

Hi there,  Do you not have Recovery discs?How did you previously load Windows 7 on your Notebook? The media creation software allows only  one system image to be created. If you created a set of recovery discs, you can not create a system image on a USB drive. The media creation software requires an uncorrupted recovery partition (FACTORY_IMAGE D. Uncorrupted means that the recovery partition has  not been modified or removed. That being said, at this point, I cannot guarantee that the image will work on your USB. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Re-Don-t-have-Recovery-partition-and-Recovery-Manager-to/td-p/5596486
Relevancy 93.31%

i m having hp pavilion g7-1219wm notebook with windows 7 Home premium sp 1 OEM.
by accidentally Recovery partition from the hard disk is removed so that i m not able to use some function in HP Recovery Manager like System Recovery and Recovery Media creation..
please help me how can i restore/recover this deleted Recovery Partition..

A:Recovery partition is removed

Unless you have created a set of recovery discs or can order a set from HP, the recovery partition is lost and can only be reinstalled by a factory restore when you use the recovery discs.

Best to contact HP Support: http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/home.html

Just choose your region first.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/217850-recovery-partition-removed.html
Relevancy 93.31%
Relevancy 92.45%

I recently upgraded to a larger hard drive for my laptop after dutifully backing-up virtually every file I had onto compact disks While reformatting the new drive with the new O S I inadvertently made the mistake of keeping my old hard drive attached to the computer via Recovery Removed / Partition File an external hard drive enclosure - and when prompted during the reformatting process I agreed stupidly to the installation request to remove the existing partition from the old hard drive obscure unfamiliar drive letters the OS referenced is Partition Removed / File Recovery my only lame excuse here Up until that point the drive had been intact and was bootable or at a minimum could be read by virtually any computer via Partition Removed / File Recovery the external hard drive enclosure connection Now I m not able to Partition Removed / File Recovery read the drive at all Since I m posting this obviously I was able to complete the new hard drive upgrade successfully - but there were a couple of super-large files on my old hard drive that I was not able to easily get onto the back-up set of compact disks along with my most recent bookmarks file - and a couple of other files that I would like to recover if possible I know that the existing files and file structure all still exist on the old hard drive since only the partition was removed and at least I didn t make the mistake of reformatting the old hard drive - so all those files are still essentially intact on the old hard drive I ve thought of a couple approaches to recovering those files but before I do anything I thought I would draw on the collective knowledge of everyone for some suggestions first Ideas nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/partition-removed-file-recovery.1083990/
Relevancy 92.45%

first of all been awhile since I last posted here I recently tried to remove ubuntu from my computer and got the grub rescue screen tried redoing the computer from recovery partition this didn t work tried reinstalling Ubuntu didn t work still grub rescue changed some settings and now i get grub to come up has the options for ubuntu and the windows recovery environment when trying to go to windows recovery grub just restarts I searched and found many kind of like issues but most were solved with into partition can't recovery ...now Ubuntu get removed a windows disk I found disk that I had from a college upgrade program and nothing removed Ubuntu ...now can't get into recovery partition worked for me from the repair computer option selecting console i tried fixboot fixmbr as well as the steps in this article http www sevenforums com installation-setup -remove-grub-restore-windows- -a html called sony about the issue all they said they could do is send out the disk for plus tax and shipping any help would be appreciated and thanks in advanced nbsp

Relevancy 90.3%

For my Satellite C855-2HW with Win 8 OEM, I'd like a separate data partition besides the OS+programs one.
At the moment 4 partitons are already in use.
First a 450MB recovery partition, second a 260 MB EFI partition, third the 920GB OS partition and fourth a 10GB recovery partition.

Now that I've made recovery DVD's with 'Toshiba Media Recovery Creator' , I can safely remove the recovery partition right?
Can you only do this from external media like with Diskpart or Gparted ?

The need for this partition is for media files; fotos, docs,music, movies etc.

What is the best way to about this?
cheers, boris.

A:Satellite C855-2HW: Win 8 - Can 10GB Recovery partition be removed?

> Now that I've made recovery DVD's with 'Toshiba Media Recovery Creator' , I can safely remove the recovery partition right?

Yes. After changing partitions structure probably you will not be able to use HDD recovery installation anymore. This was the case in the past. Anyway, now you have recovery DVDs and you can install recovery image using these DVDs.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?71998-Satellite-C855-2HW-Win-8-Can-10GB-Recovery-partition-be-removed
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi guys, had to have my toshiba netbook NB555D harddrive replaced with a new one. Got no warranty, no recovery media etc. Dont have windows 7 starter iso. What can I do?

Thanks

A:Netbook: Recovery Partition removed, need Windows 7 starter iso

Information
We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Media Creator app the first day you had your new PC.
& made the Startup Repair CD.
startup repair disc-create

Did you make the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks?

How to use Toshiba Recovery.
How to use the Toshiba HDD Recovery Utility

You can order Toshiba Recovery disks from here:
https://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/...rification.jsp

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/201835-netbook-recovery-partition-removed-need-windows-7-starter-iso.html
Relevancy 89.44%

I have two virtually identical Dell laptops running Windows Home Premium.

On one of them I wanted to see what was in the hidden RECOVERY partition so I fired up Disk Manager and added a drive letter. Nothing in the partition made sense to me so I removed the drive letter.

However, windows no longer recognizes the RECOVERY partition. If I run standard windows "Create System Repair Disc", I get an error message "The parameter is incorrect 0x80070057".

The Dell DataSafe program also says it cannot find the RECOVERY partition.

a) Is there some kind of attribute that got changed when I assigned the drive letter and then removed it? If yes, how can I set it back?

b) The laptops are virtually identical. Can I use a recovery disk from one on the other? I'm particularly interested in keeping MS Office 2010 Starter edition intact when I upgrade to Win 7 Pro.

TIA

A:Added Drive Letter to Recovery Partition, Then Removed... Now Broken

The recovery partition should have a letter. The System Reserved does not have one. Can you post a
Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image and I can look at it and see what is wrong. Be sure and widen the columns so all of the print can be read.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/385796-added-drive-letter-recovery-partition-then-removed-now-broken.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi, everybody.  Can someone solve my pb?I have Hp Pvilion Dv6-1355dx laptop. I bought it in jan 2010. Till this month it worked great. But now i hav a pb.Actually i was doing recovery of my windows 7, there was interruption bcoz of electricity pb. After that my laptop's OS wasnt loading, and i cldnt find recovery manager. Then i installed new windows 7. (bcoz i didnt hav Recovery disc also)  My Hp Softwares arent damaged, I installed hp softwares fm my laptop, now the pb is  MY RECOVERY MANAGER's  IS NOT ABLE  TO  INSTALL, still  i  can see  RECOVERY PARTITION  here.  Now what to do?   Plzzzz tell me how can i use my RECOVERY PARTITION with Recovery Manager.waiting Anxiously.Regards

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Recovery Partition not responding to Rec manager

This works sometimes to boot into Recovery and do a Factory restore. 1.Right-click on "Computer" icon and select manage.2.This will launch the Microsoft Management Console.3.On the left side of the MMC, click on "Disk Management" and it will show you all of the partitions.4.Right-click on the "HP Recovery" partition and select "Mark as Active Partition."5.When the warning prompt appears, select "Yes" - Reboot and it will automatically boot into the Recovery Manager (without pressing F11). 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Recovery-Partition-not-responding-to-Rec-manager/td-p/3416723
Relevancy 88.58%

How to delete Recovery Manager partitoin? After reinstall successfully, it reboots always to Recovery Manager.

Bios is setup with right order of HardDrive first. Tried Boot.exe too.

Is there a command prompt to delete the Recovery Manager partition? I can't get to my desktop.

A:How to delete Recovery Manager partition?

Why would you want to delete your Recovery Manager partition? It doesn't sound like the reinstall was successful, if your computer continues to boot into recovery mode. Did you use a recovery disk in this process and later remove it? Try booting up in safe mode. If that doesn't work, then I suspect your recovery did not complete successfully.

Also, you may want to try booting from USB and then accessing the hard drive to see if the integrity is OK.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/296284-how-delete-recovery-manager-partition.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I will try to be as precise as possible and give as much info as I can but I'm not sure what info is inconsequential and what HP HP manager recovery get inability Recovery Pavilion to error and past isn't at HP Pavilion Recovery error and inability to get past HP recovery manager this point But here goes For weeks I have tried to outsmart whoever it is that has had complete remote access to my laptop but changing as many admin permissions and incoming outgoing connections that I could find to keep them out A couple of days ago I did a system HP Pavilion Recovery error and inability to get past HP recovery manager restore to factory settings thinking this would do it It didn't he was still there He locked me out of all admin tools yesterday I have a system recovery disc made about a year ago and put that in my CD drive tonight thinking I could completely reformat the drive and wipe him out However at start-up I pushed F and came up with a screen that said something about HP Pavilion Recovery error and inability to get past HP recovery manager running the disc from E drive I apologize for not be able to give you specific language but I never thought it would get this far with no progress However under the line showing the drive it was booting from there was another line that started quot DETECTHAL REDIRECT quot then went on to say something about quot redirect name quot and redirect path quot none of which sounded legit to me And considering that this intruder had created so many other fake error info msgs already I didn't want to take the chance of this being something else that he had stuck in there I backed out of that reboot and restarted I've subequently tried to restart over a dozen times from the CD but even in Safe Mode it reverts to the HP Recovery Manager Once there I go through the prompts to reformat but then get an error msg that says error x a If the problem persists contact HP quot I can't get past this error nor can I get any type of command promt to come up I tried starting in safe mode with command prompt and it reverted back to the recovery manager Once the error comes up and I click OK to close it my laptop restarts and I continue in the same endless cycle If I try to boot up without the recovery disc in the CD drive I get a black screen that says quot Operating system not found quot I am assuming then that my Windows Vista system recovery disc is not working although if I put it into another computer I can see the files on it and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong I have a backup disc that I made a couple of years ago when I had Norton installed but have not tried them Should I Also a friend suggested that I use the recovery discs for my PC with Windows just to get an operating system loaded if it will load automatically from the CD then go in and try to access the Vista recovery CD I wish there was a quick fix to all of this as its been a very long weeks trying to get this guy out of my laptop and frustrating because I've been so incredibly unsuccessful I know you ask for detailed system information but I'm not sure what more I can tell you Please let me know what you need and I will do my very best to answer Any help with this issue would be so so appreciated - beyond words at this point So thank you to whoever can help

A:HP Pavilion Recovery error and inability to get past HP recovery manager

It sounds to me like you have malware. I suggest running malwarebytes.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/296083-hp-pavilion-recovery-error-inability-get-past-hp-recovery-manager.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Will Vista Recovery Disk Work if there is No Recovery Partition?
Thanks all.

Relevancy 83.85%

Hello, I've used the recovery media creator to create a USB flash drive recovery media.

If i then use that to restore the Windows 7 installation onto a new hard drive (as SSD) will that drive itself have the recovery media partition on it?

So if I then lose the USB stick could I restore again by holding down zero when powering on?

Or does it recover the Windows partition and nothing more?

Thank you

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91105-Satellite-C650-14U-Does-recovery-media-create-recovery-partition
Relevancy 83.85%

Product Name and Operating system DV el windows ultimate bit Hi I have this laptop for the last years and never used the recovery option as I didn't need to the recovery partition is there never been formated now my windows is too slow and wanted to restore it to factory install settings but not partition and working recovery tomake activ couldn't Recovery able when i press the F button in the start to boot in to recover mode it just take me to windows boot screen without giving an error I did some research and found out that i have to make the recovery partition as active partition but the problem is that i couldn't do it as there is no such option to make the partition active in WINDOWS DISK MANEGEMENT and couldn't see the recovery partition in DISK PART in windows images will be attatched if needed actually there was no error so that's why I didn't upload any image thanks in advance hoping i will get a reply here

A:Recovery not working and couldn't able tomake recovery partition activ

100+ views and no reply ... seems like an over rated windows forum

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/316879-recovery-not-working-couldnt-able-tomake-recovery-partition-activ.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I am working on my sisters Toshiba L d-S notebook windows gb amd v processor gb drive Started with error msg at boot quot encountered a problem communicating with create from as to partition mounted usb-external drive recovery how recovery dvd's a device at startup quot Couldn t get by this error took out drive inserted into usb-enclosure and tested numerous sector errors She has also lost the recovery disks I made for her I used partition software to scan just the recovery partition and there are no errors reported there What I would like to do is to copy to a flash drive or make new recovery dvd s from this recovery partition then I can use the coa from the back of the notebook if necessary how to create recovery dvd's from recovery partition mounted as usb-external drive for full install onto a new hard drive However I can t use the toshiba notebook for this I can only use my desktop pc for the xfer using the toshiba hard drive as a usb external drive and the toshiba media creator software will not install onto my desktop pc doesn t give me a reason I would prefer to go the dvd-route but flash drive would be ok too Any info is appreciated thanks nbsp

A:how to create recovery dvd's from recovery partition mounted as usb-external drive

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-create-recovery-dvds-from-recovery-partition-mounted-as-usb-external-drive.1111084/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi Environment Deleted. Recovery Missing Recovery -System Partition everyone I Recovery Environment Missing -System Recovery Partition Deleted. m stuck in a pretty bad situation right now and I have no idea about how to help myself So recently I ve been wanting to reset my Windows laptop amp I just cannot because my recovery environment is missing First when I got this problem I thought there would be an easy-intermediate level fix like every other problem and I love fixing stuff But this one doesn t look like an easy fix or I m not even sure If there is a fix Recovery Environment Missing -System Recovery Partition Deleted. So the big mistake I did was I deleted my quot System Recovery Partition quot I have searched everywhere possible and I m not Recovery Environment Missing -System Recovery Partition Deleted. getting a fix I would really appreciate IF YOU GUYS HELP ME and another problem is that I don t live in the USA or Canada I ve got a nbsp Dell Inspiron R GB RAM intel i u and Dell provides Backup Media to only the people who live in the US and Canada Please guys I need a solution I have a separate Windows Installation Disk but what I m scared about is If I install my Windows from the disk my Dell features would be gone and I don t think I d be able to have a proper Recovery Environment in the future because this Disk s installation files are nothing related to nbsp Dell Its just a clean Windows installation disk I got from my friend a while ago I ve tried the repair my computer option from the disk and it does not help Thank you

A:Recovery Environment Missing -System Recovery Partition Deleted.

Hi ahmedrahamathulla,
Please private message us the system service tag and region you are located so that I can check the available options and assist you further. To send a private message, click on my name and send private message.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19622910
Relevancy 82.99%

I am running windows 7 on my laptop. I has windows vista before the upgrade. I had recovery discs for windows vista created from the recovery manager. I tried to make discs for windows 7. I would like to know why it won't let me make a disc for windows 7 because if I had trouble and needed to put in the recovery discs I wouldn't want to use the ones i had for windows vista. what should i do? here are screenshots to show what happens when i try to create the discs for windows 7.

A:Problem w/ creating recovery disc in Recovery Manager

HP PC Recovery Disc Creator, is for your HP Vista only, not for UpGrade of Win 7.

Try this:

Backup Complete Computer - Create an Image Backup

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/66037-problem-w-creating-recovery-disc-recovery-manager.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I am on Windows 10, and for the past couple months I have had booting/BSOD errors that usually give me "bad_system_config_info" and occasionally, "0xc000021a ". Sometimes, I have been able to boot in by accessing the UEFI settings, other times it seems like it just randomly decides to let me log in to my computer normally. When I am able to login, I check for viruses and I haven't found any, as well as run commands like "sfc/scannow", "chkdsk", or "bootsect".  I am trying to recreate recovery media via the HP Recovery Manager, but each time I insert the empty flashdrive, the Recovery Manager suddenly crashes. Please, any response to these combined issues would be greatly appreciated, I haven't been able to use this laptop regularly for months now.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Recovery-Manager-Crashes-when-I-try-to-make-Recovery/td-p/5757604
Relevancy 82.99%

If I abandon my efforts to install the latest Windows 10 update, would it be a feasible and a good choice for me to command HP Recovery Manager to make the "Minimized Image Recovery" to the factory condition of OS (Windows 7 Home Edition) with drivers and select software?  I have used HP Recovery Mgr to backup my files on an external hard drive.  Next question: How do I restore those files to my computer?  Should the restoration be done in Windows 7 or after I install Windows 10 on my computer?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Recovery-Manager-option-of-quot-Minimzed-Image-Recovery/td-p/5843826
Relevancy 82.99%

I have a Compaq Presario CQ62 417NR having problems. It was bought used and at some point started having  cd-drive malfunctions where it no longer detected hardware and the drive didn't work. I reloaded completely from the recovery partition, it worked fine several days and I was able to install office but after that it stopped working again. I have tried an external usb cd drive but that doesn't work either. At this point, I'm thinking it has driver issues from the recovery and I'd need to buy the disk from HP but I'd like a second opinion as they are not free.

Does anyone have an idea of what the problem is? I've never had this happen on a fresh install...

A:Driver issues on fresh HP recovery from recovery partition

could you check on device manager does any yellow or red exclamation?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/528118/driver-issues-on-fresh-hp-recovery-from-recovery-partition/
Relevancy 82.99%

COULD NOT FIND RECOVERY ENVIRONMENT I know it's a redundant thread but I think I'm having a different scenario Specs nothing's changed except I did reinstall win - win x single languange - TB HDD THE SCENARIO There was a Unable recovery fix recovery Lost to partition / ASUS time when I want to resize my drive C to smaller partition I used Easus Partion Manager to do so to dumb I was After rebooting my system could not start The BSOD showed up RECOVERY PC needs repair blah x Error code x I was able to manage to repair and I came back up fine using a tutorial in youtube using bcdboot C Windows s any drive letter s uefi At this point I downloaded a new copy of windows SL thru quot mediacreationtool quot as a legit copy i suppose and then I reinstalled using the ISO from MS now I'm totally OK at least at the moment THE ISSUE Seems like everything's working as it is Unable to fix recovery partition ASUS / Lost recovery now but as soon as I try to press F upon boot up same error popup Error Code x and again I got used to doing the bcdboot method NOW this quot Restore quot partition the size of GB and appeared and it had something in it some files I think This wasn't there before and after reinstallation of win SL IT ONLY appeared when I pressed F then I repaired it using bcdboot MISSION IMPOSSIBLE Unable to fix recovery partition ASUS / Lost recovery If there's a way that I could restore my notebook pc back to day one Or am i that close close enough If this could be fixed I know its risky but I will take it as a new learning curve Or will I just have to accept that I'm doomed and there's no way to possibly get it back Unable to fix recovery partition ASUS / Lost recovery and learn from it Am I still having that original recovery drive that ASUS provide when the laptop was purchased based on the screenshots expanded view of the Restore partition Referring to user genet here I used the methods to possibly recover the lost partition I also set the ID's to recovery and enabled the reagentc exe reagentc enabled I did tried every thread I could find that could help me some were posted by genet After setting ID's to recovery here's what happen the Restore partition was gone but it's still here MRE partitions that were set with recovery ID outlined in blue Outlined in red is the Restore partition but this time it has no drive letter Then after a series of procedures I've done here's what I got gt gt gt gt I guess I'd totally messed up my system Im in an endless loop IDK what steps I need to revert or to continue on doing I'm in great trouble right now BUT the Recovery Index location is still empty p s I tried my best to be as detailed as possible I need your help guys I totally lost it

A:Unable to fix recovery partition ASUS / Lost recovery

So Im not entirely certain on what you are asking here. Your computer is unusable right now, or you cant get the recovery partition to work correctly?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/71303-unable-fix-recovery-partition-asus-lost-recovery.html
Relevancy 82.99%

i tried to use the recovery wizard on my SONY VAIO VGN-A250 Laptop and the error messaged i receieved was "VAIO Recovery Wizard cannot find recovery partition" please restart computer. I restarted many times and still get the same message. I also have used the F10 key method and no luck. It wont even open the wizard. I am able to boot. Im out fo warranty and tight on cash and really need my laptop to work fast. Want to remove all from the pc so i can use for school. Please i saw a thread about same problem i had but the thread was closed. if anyone can help please do so.

Thanks

Relevancy 82.99%

I am trying to set up my Zbook G It is a refurbished model with set up warranty til I just got it amp it was upgraded to win There was no recovery partition on the hardrive nbsp I upgraded to the win aniversary edition amp have been updating software drivers as per HP support suggestions nbsp It was recommended to create a system recovery thru a HP support message which I attempted to do but there was an error amp it failed which led to a empty recovery partition being made on the harddrive nbsp Here is the summary amp details I am trying to delete this empty recovery partition but right clicking in disk management is not giving me anything Can someone please advise a solution nbsp Tried to create System Recovery as suggested by HP support Launch recovery media creation tool amp it attempted to make a recovery disc amp partitioned the hard drive The recovery failed error AstorA sys System Thread Exception not handled amp a empty recovery partition was made I am trying to delete this partition amp gain back the MB space nbsp This entry was made in Recovery Partition System Er... Empty Delete to Recovery How HP PBR Diskpart Notepad same day nbsp rem ResetPartitions-BIOS txt convert mbrrem System partition create partition primary size format quick fs How to Delete Empty Recovery Partition HP System Recovery Er... ntfs label System assign letter S activerem Windows partition rem a Create the Windows partition create partition primaryrem b Create space for the recovery tools partition shrink minimum rem c Prepare the Windows partition format quick fs ntfs label Windows assign letter W rem Windows RE tools partition create partition primaryformat quick fs ntfs label Windows RE tools assign letter T set id x list volumeexit nbsp nbsp Thank You in advance for your help nbsp I checked file explorer amp the partition does not show It's an unnamed partition with no letter assigned so I am not sure if the laptop came with this empty partition amp I never noticed it I 'm not sure if I checked disk management before but I thought I had Its been a bit hectic amp confusing as I updated computers so the various details are sort of merging nbsp Anyway even if the created recovery error did not make the partition I can't find a date t was made I still would like to remove it as its empty I have a GB HDD but still I don t like a almost GB partition just doing nothing nbsp Any advise is appreciated nbsp UpdateThis thread in MS addresses it IT's a hidden unnamed recovery partition so it may hae been just made from the create recovery error or it was always there amp I never noticed it nbsp https social technet microsoft com Forums en-US f b ac-b - e - a-f d e cant-delete-e nbsp There is a way to assign a letter to the drive amp unhide it described in bottom of the previous threadso disk manage can delete it nbsp nbsp Still would like to remove it if its not How to Delete Empty Recovery Partition HP System Recovery Er... needed It is empty but there have been some who have reported after removal that the system did not function so I am trying to be careful nbsp I thought maybe the error created this partition but maybe it was always there amp I am obsessing for nothing Just trying to keep my system clean nbsp Thanks for taking the time to help me address this concern nbsp Diskpart lists this nbsp Partition Primary GB offset KBPartition Recovery MB Offset GB nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/How-to-Delete-Empty-Recovery-Partition-HP-System-Recovery/td-p/5720269
Relevancy 82.99%

I have a customer's NB200 on the bench. It came in with complete OS failure and would not boot from either the OS partition or the Recovery Partition.

I have checked the Hard Disk and it is in perfect working order. However it seems that all is not well as I cannot get it to boot from the recovery partition even after holding doen the 0 key.

I tried to instruct it to start from the BOOT.INI file by pointing a 'revoery' option at the partition but it just comes up with an error saying <Windows Path>\system32\HAL file is either missing or corrupt. Does anyone know how I should instruct the partition to start or how I could extract the information from the image files?

A:NB200-10G Recovery Partition - Cannot start recovery process

If you check page 48 in user?s manuals you will find exact description how to start recovery installation. The procedure on this NB200 is same or, at least, similar to all notebooks delivered with HDD recovery image. Please check it.

Useful document about HDD recovery installation you can find in ?How to..? category > http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/ann.jspa?annID=58

Bye

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?55629-NB200-10G-Recovery-Partition-Cannot-start-recovery-process
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello everyone I'm a technician at TigerDirect and for one of our services we create recovery media for newly purchased machines For Windows machines As I'm sure you know we cannot create recovery disks and have to create a recovery drive using a flash drive On multiple occasions I have attempted to create the recovery drive using a CENTON gb USB stick and have selected the option to copy the recovery partition The process proceeds normally until it starts copying the recovery partition It will complete - of the copy and then all drive activity will stop The unit still works partition recovery Cannot win8 copy -- recovery creation perfectly fine but the flash drive is not indicating any read write and it stays on whatever percentage it stopped on continuously with no change I'm curious if anyone else has run into this before The current machine I'm working on is an ASUS G V running Windows not Pro The other machines we've had the same issues with have been multiple different ASUS models as well as a few Toshiba's and HPs Cannot copy recovery partition -- win8 recovery creation Any help is appreciated thank you -- fragment

A:Cannot copy recovery partition -- win8 recovery creation

Welcome to EightForums.

Try setting the HD Drive to never turn OFF.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/14744-cannot-copy-recovery-partition-win8-recovery-creation.html
Relevancy 82.99%

hp 241 g1 laptop given by rajasthan govt., india to schooler students !My son  received these laptop with pre installed genuine win 8.1 with ms office 2013 & other educational software.but we received these laptop with already removed recovery partition !!so i can't able to create recovery disk !! for this issue i contact hp support care number. but they say they have not any recovery media !!How to solved this issue ? how to make recovery disk myself if recovery partition removed? my mobile no. is : 9460410231 email : [email protected]

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/how-to-make-recovery-disk-myself-if-recovery-partition/td-p/5631806
Relevancy 81.27%

I removed some spyware and recovery from Manager not Recovery Gateway the does work viruses from my father-in-laws computer It works ok for a little bit but then I will get a BSOD with the STOP x e error I do not have the peripherals that originally were installed on the system as I only took the tower to work on and have my own mouse keyboard and monitor installed Would this cause the problem At any rate I want to use the Gateway Recovery Center to do a factory system restore When I open it up and chose the factory restore option it wants me to restart my computer I chose to restart but it doesn't do the restore I have also asked it before to do a scandisk check recovery from the Gateway Recovery Manager does not work on start up but it won't do that either I have the mini dump files from the BSOD messages but I am just wondering if I should go ahead and take it back to his house and hook up the normal monitor and such and see if I get the BSOD then It doesn't seem to have any particular triggers like now I have had it on and running just fine for about minutes just trying the things that I have tried before It is running Windows Update now as it hasn't had any updates since March of this year I did a System Restore and then used Spybot S D to remove what was there whatever it had at the time would cause the computer to go to a blank white screen after about seconds on the desktop at startup I was told that it had started with some FBI pop up that was asking them to send to them to unlock their system or such Spybot caught a trojan something like fakeporn and removed it Since then the computer will start up normally but then give me te BSOD after a while It will start in safemode and run ok Guide me OMG don't judge me

A:recovery from the Gateway Recovery Manager does not work

This might help:http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/det...0x0000007e seems to often relate to drivers and 0x0000008e to RAM. If there is a virus still about then you could get confusing BSOD errors.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/recovery-from-the-gateway-recovery-manager-does-not-work/13395.html
Relevancy 81.27%

My laptop came with Windows bit operating and there is a recovery partition to factory reset It was nbsp protected by the HP recovery manager After i update to Windows reset my PC not factory reset create manager media recovery recovery without with the option keep my files so now i have a Windows and i can create recovery media without recovery manager see nbsp in recovery partition nbsp one recovery folder and inside it one file of name lang in the Recovery partition rest of the files and i can't create recovery media without recovery manager see and there isn't any virus in my laptop its just create recovery media without recovery manager of changing settings i took the step of reset windows i believe my recovery partition is save but due to un availability of recovery manager it is not protected nbsp now i want to factory reset and by going to advance startup option i saw recovery manager ther but when i clicked to recovery manager it says can't open file x recovery hp rita-tool thats why i cannot proceed for factoey reset please guide me how can i get back recovery manager or how can i make recovery media nbsp please help nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/create-recovery-media-without-recovery-manager/td-p/5832416
Relevancy 81.27%

This is a last resort for me nbsp My PC failed and would no longer boot to Windows Just kept spinning while trying to load Manager Cannot failure. Recovery access Recovery nbsp At this point I decided to access Recovery Recovery failure. Cannot access Recovery Manager Manager to do a Systom Restore back to factory settings I know I should have created a restore point when upgrading to Windows but life lesson learned nbsp Either way my installation failed and I'm no longer able to access Recovery Manager I did my diligence and backed up Recovery failure. Cannot access Recovery Manager my files to USB but it's useless since there's no operating system nbsp I downloaded a copy of Windows and burned to a disk but when booting from CD Drive it doesn't prompt to install Windows just says it is preparing set up for first use then an error appears saying Windows could not complete installation To install windows on this computer restart the installation nbsp I tried using my CD key on the microsoft website to try and download a copy of windows but it wouldn't let me because it was a factory copy nbsp I'm at a complete loss right now can't find any help with this situation and paying someone to fix this isn't an option nbsp What am I missing here guys nbsp Any assistance would be appreciated

A:Recovery failure. Cannot access Recovery Manager

Hi @xxboramirxx I would suggest you try the troubleshooting steps given in the link below : http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01867418 I am an HP EmployeePlease click ?Accept as Solution? on the post that solves your issue to help others find the same solution.Click the ?Thumbs Up? to say ?Thanks? for helping!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Recovery-failure-Cannot-access-Recovery-Manager/td-p/5841450
Relevancy 81.27%

Guys I cant complete succesfully my system recovery nbsp Here is an event-by-event detail I have a DV Pavilion nbsp - I Complete fails) (Recovery Problem Recovery Manager Recovery Recovery is complete message appears Once your system restarts and you finish the inital - I restart- CMD exe window appears- Software Installation HP window appears- It restarts black window with HP Logo then Microsoft Corporation windows starting - Please wait while Windows sets up your computer Black screen - Please wait WHile Windows Continues Recovery Manager Problem (Recovery fails) setting up your computer light blue screen - Restarts again- black screen mouse pointer windows logo appears start sound Welcome Screen appears Vista Home Premium - Windows setup window Windows is now setting up the following items Pre-PININST Check Preinstall Software InstallerPre-PININST Preinstall software Installer ndPost PININSTAC Power CheckingBurnBoot Recovery Manager Problem (Recovery fails) All this with a HP on the back screen with the grey completation bar -Takes long time to complete the second task Preinstall Software Installer - Restarts Recovery Manager Problem (Recovery fails) logging off shutting down - Black screen white pointer again- Windows Welcome screen againNow when it is in the Windows is now setting up the following items - Pre-PININST An Recovery Manager window appears saying that The recovery attempt has failed Please select one of the following buttons Details or RetryWhen I hit details it appears the following - ChkErrBB CMD Detect some error during PININST-BBV - ChKErrBB CMD Check C system sav logs BurnBootWarn logI hit retry and the DVD CD open and it restarted the machineAnd Again back to the Welcome to the Recovery Manager original screen nbsp nbsp How can I solve this Thanks Solved View Solution

A:Recovery Manager Problem (Recovery fails)

I found away past it. Just close the window with the "X". Don't hit retry or it will just keep starting over. The box will appear a few more times during the process, but just keep hitting X and it should go through. Worked for me! I'm not sure if there are features or files missing because of the errors, but the system seems to work fine so far.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Recovery-Manager-Problem-Recovery-fails/td-p/97667
Relevancy 81.27%

I had deleted recovery partition because of boot mgr error. pre-installed OS: Windows 8.1 I have also ordered two sets of hp recovery disc but both shows same error (boot mgr) but yesterday I can't even open system recovery from hp recovery disc by press F11, even I try to change bios setting from secure boot to legacy boot but can't  open system recovery  What I do now?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/can-t-open-HP-recovery-manager-from-hp-recovery-disc/td-p/5798200
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello, I am trying to completely factory reset my pc but when I select Windows Recovery Environment in HP recovery manager, it just brings me to the login screen after it restarts my computer. I have tried factory resetting using windows but I get the message 'Could not find the recovery environment.'Is it possible for me to factory reset without having to spend any money, or will I have to order a disk from HP?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-recovery-manager-Recovery-environment-not-doing-anything/td-p/5685793
Relevancy 81.27%

Does anyone know how to create an ISO from a recovery partition? I'm looking to create a bootable flash drive to install XP on my ASUS 1005HA. (I have Windows 7 starter, but I don't want to pay the 80 bones to upgrade to the full version.) I also have an ASUS 1000HA with XP--and the corresponding recovery partition--that I'd like to use to put XP on the new netbook. Unfortunately, I don't have a USB optical drive (I'm cheap--sue me) and so I need to use the bootable flash drive.

Long story short, I know how to make the bootable flash, but I need an XP recovery ISO to load onto it to allow me to install the OS. Anybody know how I can make one from the recovery partitions?

A:Creating Recovery Disc ISO from Recovery Partition

Using a recovery image from one PC to install on another PC with different hardware is not going to work.

Besides it is illegal, we cannot help with that here, read the site rules.

Other Illegal Activities - As you might expect, we don't want anything illegal going on here. Users cannot post hacks, cracks, pirated software, or anything of the like. Furthermore, we do not allow instructions on how to complete illegal activities, such as pirating. Please don't ask for advice on using illegal software, as it will be removed.Click to expand...

http://www.techguy.org/rules.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/creating-recovery-disc-iso-from-recovery-partition.890051/
Relevancy 81.27%

Well I finished my project - the program script allows me to create MBR and GPT hard drive partitions with a recovery image partition. The script also allows me to install 3 different versions of windows. and lastly it allows me to capture a recovery (push button reset) image. which can then be used to create recovery media..

Here is the Menu Snippet:
(A) CREATE A "BIOS_MBR TYPE" PARTITION STRUCTURE
(B) CREATE A "UEFI_GPT TYPE" PARTITION STRUCTURE
(C) CAPTURE AND CREATE A "BIOS_MBR TYPE" RECOVERY
(D) CAPTURE AND CREATE A "UEFI TYPE" RECOVERY
(I) INSTALL MICROSOFT WINDOWS FROM THIS USB DRIVE
(X) QUIT THIS PROGRAM

WinPE 5.1 was the preinstallation environment use for testing

A:Create a Recovery Partition and Recovery Image

Good one! I always have to go back and look up the procedure and commands when doing this. Really a help for an old brain.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/57595-create-recovery-partition-recovery-image.html
Relevancy 81.27%

HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab223nx (ENERGY STAR) i had upgrade windows 10 to build 10586the recovery partion had changed to letter Fand then hp recovery maneger donnt sea or know the  recovery partitioni changed the recovery driver letter again to Dbut still have the same problem

Relevancy 81.27%

Hello! I'm a owner of a HP Mini 5101. It has a function to press F11 to return the system into the "out-of-the-box" state. But my problem starts here. When I press F11 I imediately get a screen that says Windows Boot manager on top and and error : 0xc000000e and required device is inaccessible. This started after I made a "clean" install with the DVD Windows 7 that came with the computer as I tried to avoid all the "crapware" that comes included with the new notebook. If I boot into Windows, the HP_RECOVERY partition is visible and the HP recovery image is on it. Is there anyway to get the F11 recovery back to working state? I have some BCD editing knowledge in that would help in any way with my problem..... Thank you very much! U

Solved!
View Solution.

A:F11 HP recovery doesn't boot into recovery partition

Thank you very much for getting back to me so fast.I have to apologize as I did not explain my problem in the right way. Technically I am able to boot the partition, but the problem occurs when the partition needs to boot into WinRE or WinPE I guess so that the recovery can start. The loading process gets stuck immediately at the beginning even before anything "Windows related stuff" starts loading. So about five seconds after I turn on the computer and boot into the recovery partition, or pressing F11 the error that I'm describing shows up. Update: I managed to fix my problem. After setting the recovery partition to active, and booting from the installation USB with windows 7, I managed to fix the mbr that was corrupted and the partition didn't know what to boot. So after fixing it, i had no problem running the recovery. Thank you!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/F11-HP-recovery-doesn-t-boot-into-recovery-partition/td-p/197434
Relevancy 81.27%

http://i.imgur.com/f3x5U.png
http://i.imgur.com/TZ0ZN.png

Can I get some help with this please?

A:Recovery doesn't detect my recovery partition

What make & Model.

Information
We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Media Creator app the first day you had your new PC.
& made the Startup Repair CD.
startup repair disc-create

Did you make the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/273227-recovery-doesnt-detect-my-recovery-partition.html
Relevancy 81.27%

i have an asus to recovery have install how partition, disc, No recovery CE netbook For whatever reason i don't have the recovery No recovery partition, have recovery disc, how to install partition on it I do however have the recovery backup that i made when i first got it It is stored on a USB external desktop hard drive toshiba TB When i boot up from it i get to the asus recovery screen but when i select either 'install to partition' or 'install to entire HD' it pops up with a message 'please insert external hard drive for backup' this makes no sense to me anyway i have tried different usb ports tried attaching another external hard drive and its made no difference it still comes up with the same thing because i don't have that recovery partition i can't go the normal route and boot straight off that on the hard drive Is there any way i can recreate that recovery partition put the backup files that are currently on the USB external drive onto the partition and then try it will that work

A:No recovery partition, have recovery disc, how to install

You're best bet by far is to follow this tutorial by Gregrocker. Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/355124-no-recovery-partition-have-recovery-disc-how-install.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Dear Customer Service of HP I want to inform you about all your tips about making the Recovery partition as active is not working at all. I have changed as active and nothing. Is there anything else that I can doI have pavilion dv9819wm with vista home premium. I've format drive C with windows 7 and now the F11 is not starting the recovery partition. I tried also with the makeing the recovery partition active and still nothing.I download recovery partition software from official HP site and still nothing. The instalation is starting but at one point of the instalation it says "The recovery manager setup has stop working" and there is no solution online.Please if you can help me to get my original software. Thankking you in advanced

A:Re: F11 HP recovery doesn't boot into recovery partition

sounds like you need to order a set of recovery disks from hp, you can usually find them online at www.hp.com/support

click Kudos to say thanks if I helped

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Re-F11-HP-recovery-doesn-t-boot-into-recovery-partition/td-p/217062
Relevancy 81.27%

yeah i was just seeing if you could make a recovery disk from the recovery partition? it wouldnt make sense to why u couldnt do it?? but how to go about it??

A:Could you make a Recovery Disc from Recovery Partition?

You would do that by creating an image. Then burn it to a cd.

Do you mean a XP recovery Console cd? or a whole system image?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/could-you-make-a-recovery-disc-from-recovery-partition-628510.html
Relevancy 81.27%

If you have a recovery drive - that includes the recovery partition - made on one computer, but have a toshiba laptop with a bad drive (but the recovery partition is ok), can you replace/copy the partition on the recovery drive with the recovery partition from the bad laptop HD?

My friend's laptop would not boot, and would not factory recover, reset, or refresh. I tried to clone the hard drive before I started messing with the disc. It would not clone, but I was able to copy the recovery partition to a USB drive.

He never make recovery discs, so could not re-install, but I can borrow the recovery drive that my aunt made for her laptop.

A:replace recovery partition in recovery drive?

There may be a couple problems with that. The Factory Image is too large to be just copied to a Fat32 partition, so it has to be divided in sections. You could do that using DISM and put the .swm files in the sources folder. Not even a guess as to whether it would work.

There is other information concerning the configuration of the computer making the recovery drive. If it was made on a different computer, that info would probably be incorrect and not allow a reset.

I have never tried, but you might be able to copy the Factory image to a drive formatted as NTFS and then set the recovery to look for that file for a reset. Maybe you have already copied the entire recovery partition...

If you assume the factory image is the same for both systems, can you copy the entire Recovery Image partition from the bad drive to the good drive?

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/48430-replace-recovery-partition-recovery-drive.html
Relevancy 81.27%

hello
i deleted lenovo  recovery partition on g510 laptop and don't have recovery dvd.
i need to recover laptop to original state.
please help me

Moderator comment: Post split out of Knowledgebase. Subject edited to match content.

A:[G510] Recovery partition deleted and no Recovery ...

hi izadfard

Welcome to the Forums.

If you didn't create a recovery drive (using this method) then I recommend you contact lenovo on how to obtain a copy of the recovery disc which restores the preloaded Win8 OS, drivers, and apps.

Alternatively, if the machine came preloaded Windows 8 or Windows 8.1, you can try the following:

For Windows 8:
1. Obtain a Windows 8 installation disc and use it to reinstall Windows (if the system is preloaded with Windows 8, the installation will automatically detect the Win8 product key in the UEFI Firmware / BIOS and will automatically activate Windows).
2. From here, you can obtain the drivers from the G510 drivers page and/or upgrade to Windows 8.1 via the Windows Store (see this guide)

For Windows 8.1:
1. Check this guide on how to obtain a Windows 8.1 ISO (see Option One)
2. When finished, follow this guide to make a bootable UEFI Win8.1 installer via DVD or USB flashdrive and use it to install Windows (the installation should be able to detect the Windows 8.1 product key in the UEFI firmware that will let you activate Windows).
3. If successful, obtain the drivers from the G510 drivers page 

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G510-Recovery-partition-deleted-and-no-Recovery-DVD/td-p/2027710
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello I have a Lenovo laptop running Windows Professional and I need about Recovery - Windows 7 Partition/Recovery methods to somehow use system recover to sort out the multiple problems The OS was installed when it was new and no WIndows OS DVD's were issued with the laptop The WIndows install is legit The problem is only the failure of Lenovo to give customers the OS DVD's with the new laptop The Lenovo warranty period has expired and their help support is less than useless The about Recovery Partition/Recovery methods - Windows 7 recovery method in the Lenovo instructions does not work I press the Novo key and F and get to the start of the recovery process where I select language and then when I click Next the process stops with an alert saying I need to log in - see system administrator So I am unable to use the built in Recovery method I read there are several other methods of recovery and two of them I have explored Mircosoft website has a software-recovery section where I can enter my Product ID Key and language and download an ISO for burning to be used as an install disk for fresh WIndow Professional install The required character Windows Key xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx which I obtained using a registration key app but is not accepted by Microsoft so I cannot proceed to download an ISO I believe the Key is correct as it matches what I recorded one year ago and is same using two different Key recovery apps The Lenovo website gave instructions for burning DVD's to be used for restoring the laptop to as released from factory settings I have successfully burned all three DVD's from the Recovery partition and since this is my last option and there is some uncertainty about whether or not I have the correct Windows Key I hesitate to proceed with this option because if I am asked to key in the Windows Key and it is not correct accepted I am in a worse position than I am was before I attempted recovery I can't find any references to exactly what happens using these reovery disks so I am uncertain if I'm going to encounter the potential for the Product key barrier So it all comes down to one question If I use these Recovery DVD's is the Windows registration key included already so I can restore to as new without hiccups If the Windows Key is stored in the recovery disks I can proceed and all will be well but if not I will be stuck

A:about Recovery Partition/Recovery methods - Windows 7

The site that you inputted your key does not accept OEM keys. Right click Computer > Properties. At the bottom of the page you will see your PID. If it has OEM in the PID then you cannot download an iso from Microsoft's site. You can input your key into the Ultimate PID checker and it will tell you the key is Valid.

If you created DVD's using lenovo's utility then you should not need to enter any key. It will be pre-activated.

When it asks you to login does it have a user and password box? Can you post a screen shot of the window?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583273/about-recovery-partitionrecovery-methods-windows-7/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi there,

I am having a hard time finding the straight answer I am looking for. Could someone help me please?

My question concerns the HP brand computer...

When you create recovery discs, are they created from the recovery partition that is there to restore to factory settings or some other hidden partition?

Donna

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/391614-recovery-disc-creation-vs-recovery-partition.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi.
I created a Factory Recovery Media on a Flash Drive from Dell  Backup & Recovery Panel.
Do I still need to keep the Factory Recovery Partition (6GB) on my C:\ Drive? 
Or can I delete this partition and still be able to restore my Software back to it's factory image using the bootable Recovery media Flash Drive?

TC.

A:Do I need my Recovery Partition having a Factory Recovery Media.

Hi,
Thank You for writing to us!
We would not recommend you to delete the factory image on the system,also please check the factory image that you have backed up.
Thanks
Robin

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19669918
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi

I earlier wanted to format my Lenovo laptop (with vista home basic SP1) but then dropped the idea when i found out i had not received the vista OS disc with the laptop.

Now i discovered tht a recovery cud be made from my computer itself through the recovery partition, but when i checked, the recovery partition SCREAMS THAT ITS 100% FREE! , although I have never formatted it since i bought it!
It was my understanding that a recovery is pre-installed...

Now i need to know if a recovery is still possible....!

As a bonus, my DVD optical drive is also not working!

Please help!

Thanks in advance!

A:Is recovery possible if recovery partition says its 100% free?

Welcome
I would not be concerned, the partition is not the way to go, anyway. If you use the partition you must upadate, install software, change settings etc. Why not use the free Macrium Reflect, put an image on your hard drive (upadate once a month). When disaster comes use the image to reinstall. Hey its free and you do not have to worry about reinstalling software etc.
http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx
For the record the partion should really be there. You could donwload the free windirstat and see just what is on that hard drive.

For the record the partition is probably there, but they usually hide it. In that case Windirstat may not be of benefit, either.

EDIT: In addition, if you put the image on your external hard drive (as you should) you have protection even if the HD fails.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/295423-recovery-possible-if-recovery-partition-says-its-100-free.html
Relevancy 78.26%

High Guys and Girls I joined the forum for assistance with a botched using New Partition Recovery copy USB on on Recovery HDD recovery on a new HDD B From the beginning I created a Repair Disc Then I Xcopied the Recovery Partition files to an external HDD Years Recovery on New HDD using Recovery Partition copy on USB later tragedy Recovery on New HDD using Recovery Partition copy on USB struck and the HDD stopped working After a few attempts at recovering I concluded the HDD was dead Now I have a fresh HDD I can not receover with the Repair Disc anymore so I searched and found this article which seemed promising since I did a file copy of the RecPartition https guyrleech wordpress com le-usb-storage It wouldn't boot from the USB so I came here to request help when I found this by searching System Image Recovery - Restore Image Recovery on New HDD using Recovery Partition copy on USB on Computer in Windows The caveat at the top of the page fixed why the USB wasn't booting due to the Legacy setting in BIOS So I tried again and it appeared to be working so I let it run and postponed starting this thread After numerous Auto restarts and configuring quot Restoration Incomplete quot I get this message in CTOERROR flg ChkErrBB cmd Detect some error during PININST BBV error code x c The memory could not be read When I check the BurnBootMergeBBV log file this is what shows as failed Everything checks out until the section for Beginning of the EPSCT bbv CMD The last line shows quot CDC Checking Failed quot Result of Intel Smart Connect Technology Driver ERRORLEVEL - RESULT FAILED Everything subsequent shows quot Passed quot I select retry and get the same thing I've been up all day working on this so I'll have to start searching for the new ERR messages later A glance at the directory structure of C appears to have all of the Programs loaded in P-Files amp P-Files x Overall the installation takes up GB If you have tried this type of installation or have any tips on what the problem could be I'm all ears err eyes fingers screen and keyboard I guess

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/72944-recovery-new-hdd-using-recovery-partition-copy-usb.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello new to the fourms here i hope to be a contrubuiting member Anyways onto my dilema I had recently purchased a new Emachines C for a client of mine however the machine only comes with XP Home on it the machine is recovery system recovery using partition being used for card access so I needed to install XP professional onto it Well I went out purchased the upgrade and well being the man that i am I completly disreguarded the little set of instructions that said quot please insert the upgrade disk After the computer has started up quot Soo what I did was I inserted the disk before it started up went into the windows installiation screen and installed it onto the main partition there were two partitions by the way one of them one i left alone was a partition housing the recovery-cd information see emachines does not give you a copy of the recovery cd's instead you need to make your own with a program emachine's provides system recovery using recovery partition with the system please note that i did not reformat the partition completly so i didn't reformat it to ntfs i left it as so and just overwritten the OS files now when i system recovery using recovery partition boot the computer it says quot Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt lt Windows Root gt system hal dll please re-install a copy of the above file quot so im basicly screwed I have a copy of ERD Commander like a system utilities bootable enviroment and theres a nifty program on it to assist in restoring the system back to a previous wipe it specificaly says quot incase of an accidently reformatt quot but im not sure what to do with the files it finds some are orphaned and whatnot just clueless here Anyways emachines is shipping me a set of recovery cds which should be here in - days which isn't good for me because without this pc the building is well defenceless in terms of door security So heres what I was thinking what if i install a copy of windows home or professional i have a few copies laying around but the product keys has been registered so the purpose of me doing this would just be so i can have some sort of OS to do the following since the recovery partition is still intact Does anyone here know of a way that I can somehow access the files on this partition to make the restore cd's the phone-tech person said that i can not do this they are bootable files iso's but that doesn't mean that Someone outthere might know something any help is GREATLY appreciated thank you

A:system recovery using recovery partition

see if there is something among this lot to acheive what you want
http://www.google.com/search?num=50&...tition&spell=1

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/system-recovery-using-recovery-partition-76388.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi everybody I have HP or Disks Partition Recovery Recovery Desktop with Windows Home Recovery Disks or Recovery Partition Premium When I was using Vista there was a difference between using recovery partition on the hard drive to restore Windows and Recovery disks that you create yourself The Recovery Partition one would only restore your computer to it's shipping condition - meaning that if I had partitioned the drive and had Windows partition separately Recovery Disks or Recovery Partition from my other files it will Recovery Disks or Recovery Partition erase all of it and get rid of that new partition of mine along with all my files If I used the disks - it will give me an option of shipping condition OR just to reinstall Windows partition of my drive so all other files are not erased In Windows the created disks give me only one choice - Factory System Reset Does it mean that it will erase it ALL or just the Windows partition I really don't want to back up GB of my data just need the Windows partition erased and reinstalled Will Recovery Disks do that or is there any other option for doing it with Windows

A:Recovery Disks or Recovery Partition

I would not run the Recovery Disks without backing up data. It doesn't sound like they will let you choose where to install Win7.

You can always borrow or locate a clean retail copy of your version Win7 to clean install with Product Key on your COA sticker on machine. Many tech enthusiasts do this to avoid the bloatware and useless factory utilities. Let us know if you want more information on this.

You can also make your own Win7 Backup image saved externally so you never have to reinstall or recover again, just reimage from the saved file. Backup Complete Computer - Create an Image Backup

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/110094-recovery-disks-recovery-partition.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Since I'm not an expert at present I can't do a lot to help others in this forum solve their problems So I figure that the most helpful thing I can do is post enough information that hopefully others can learn from my experiences That's why I'm putting so much documentation Partition Resize Partition Failure Recovery 2) (Part - PW found issues into this thread I have a WD TB external hard drive that I use for both System Image and data file backups A week ago I was trying to resize one of its partitions and the process got hung up partway through I took some steps to try to address any problems that may have resulted but apparently I didn't do enough Here's the background nbsp nbsp Quote Originally Posted by LaurieD I was using Paragon Hard Disk Manager to resize a partition on a WD TB external hard drive I let the process run overnight and somehow it was interrupted during the Quick Data Moving step Upon resuming the program indicated Resize Partition Failure (Part 2) - PW Partition Recovery found issues it had data that still needed to be moved so I let it continue The process apparently stopped at the quot Rebuilding Partitions Info quot stage - neither the percent complete nor the elapsed time nor the time had remaining changed for at least the past - hours Until it suddenly stopped the elapsed time had been steadily growing I've attached a screenshot showing the Paragon dashboard and status windows nbsp nbsp Quote Originally Posted by LaurieD Update When I began to deal with the issue here were the results - I was able to close the Paragon app and its various windows without having to force it to close - I was able to reboot my laptop without having to force anything to close - Upon reboot I could see all of my partitions both on my internal drive and my external drive I immediately ran CHKDSK on each partition and each one passed with no errors except for the partition I had been trying to re-size - It had a corrupt attribute that said it was fixed and part of the free space was changed to show as being allocated - When I checked that space through Disk Management it had been set up as its own partition rather than being added to the partition I was trying to expand and in fact several sections of unallocated space were showing up in odd places - but the partitions that hold data appeared to be intact and the same size as they were before I started and I could see the files and folders that had been there before http www sevenforums com software -resize-partition-failure-process-stopped-no-error-message html

A:Resize Partition Failure (Part 2) - PW Partition Recovery found issues

I read about PW Partition Recovery in one of the tutorials, so I ran a Quick Scan of the entire 2TB drive, with the following results (see screen shot).

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/365768-resize-partition-failure-part-2-pw-partition-recovery-found-issues.html
Relevancy 71.38%

So a while ago my Manager can't HP Why Up Offi... Open save Recovery Manager/Back automatic updates told me I should upgrade to Windows on my Windows Why can't HP Recovery Manager/Back Up Manager save Open Offi... computer I did I've used it find for a while and then suddenly Why can't HP Recovery Manager/Back Up Manager save Open Offi... it started repairing itself and I got one of those bsod that eventually lead me to a nbsp pick a keyboard set up It of course made it so that I couldn't use any ports keyboards or mice no matter which I used After some reading I was told to go back to factory settings but before I did that I used the backup manager that HP offers I selected music videos and documents actually I think I selected all of the available options Anyhow once my computer was finished backing itself up onto my external harddrive with the HP program I reset the computer back to factory settings Upon opening the recovery manager and searching through my recovered files i have everything except my Open Office Files Is there a reason why this happened Did I do something wrong Does anyone know why it wouldn't have accepted those as documents to back up I'm extremely frustrated as I am a writer a poor one obviously since I have to use a free program instead of Microsoft Office and everything I was working on is simply gone with no explanation nbsp nbsp Can anyone help me understand Possibly even help me find the files if they are somewhere not quite so obvious

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Why-can-t-HP-Recovery-Manager-Back-Up-Manager-save-Open/td-p/5850885
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi

currently I am using vista ultimate. I have only one partition (C:)

i want to install vista home premium onto (C:) but my dvd/cd drive does not work. I do not have (or want to use) a portable DVD/CD drive to reformat.

Im thinking of creating another partition (D:) and then transfering the "bootable folder for home premium", from another computer to (D:) via usb drive.

Can I boot from this new partition (D:) and reformat (C:)?

thanks.

A:HELP! No CD Drive, want to make recovery partition to format main partition

Hi -

Shrink the HDD --> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...n-my-hard-disk

However, Vista must be installed from DVD.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-no-cd-drive-want-to-make-recovery-partition-to-format-main-partition-508557.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi
As the topic says; after installation of a fresh copy from the original disc win7, my second partition "D" has been renamed itself to the Recovery Partition. You can see it only in the application "Disk Management". I do not have access into it at all. When I click the right mouse button ?help? option appears only . There are very important files to me.
I tried to use EASEUS Partition Master but I'm afraid of losing data.
Please help.

A:[SOLVED] After win7 install, 2nd partition has renamed itself to Recovery Partition

Have you taken the install disc out ? Sounds dumb but the d: partition is generally a reserved partition and indicates your CD-ROM drive, to me it looks like your install disc, the file system is UDF which is universal disc format, you have two recovery partitions on top. Remove the disk, reboot. Then choose a different letter other than D for your recovery partition.. Best to start with z

The fact that the file encryption is UDF, you will not have the ability to modify it, its not NTFS, FAT or FAT32.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-after-win7-install-2nd-partition-has-renamed-itself-to-recovery-partition-1002346.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Is there a way to boot directly off of D:(recovery partition) so i can restore my gateway laptop to factory settings? Right now I get a "BOOTMGR is missing" error message. The C: drive is completely gone, but like i said, the recovery partition is intact.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I tried hitting f11 at startup to bring up gateways recovery menu, but again nothing. I have the windows vista recovery environment disc also if that helps.

A:Formatted Windows Vista partition, but i still have the Recovery partition on D:

There are files on c: used by the recovery partition on d:

Boot with your Vista recovery DVD and reinstall Vista.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/formatted-windows-vista-partition-but-i-still-have-the-recovery-partition-on-d-535854.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi,

Need some help. I recently bought Acer Aspire 5560G. It comes with 500GB HDD with only one partition which is drive C. There are 2 hidden partitions as well. I would like to split my drive C in 2 partitions without effecting my Recovery partition. Is it possible??? if yes than what's the best way?? Help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A:Hard Drive Partition Without Effecting Recovery Partition

I think the easiest way to accomplish that is to shrink your C: partition. That will create unallocated space. And the unallocated space can be used to create a new partition.

Partition or Volume - Shrink

Partition or Volume - Create New

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/253969-hard-drive-partition-without-effecting-recovery-partition.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I deleted the unwanted recovery partitions on windows 8.1 using  'Diskpart'.The unallocated memories were created but they cannot be used to extend any other partitions even by using Diskpart.I am just able to create them as normal partitions buth
not by combining them but each seperately.Any solution for this...pls...

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/15804476-8890-4a13-b739-6b29c4999e3b/cannot-use-the-unallocated-partition-of-recovery-partition-to-extend-other-partitions?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello everybody,

I just came back from a 7 month deployment and I was finally enjoying having internet again and bam Windows 7 Recovery Virus! So I did some research and I used did everything in this thread

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-windows-7-recovery

My new problem is that after doing the unhide.exe, I get ?PEV? is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file and my start menu is still empty.

I downloaded the Home_Premium_All_Users_Start_Menu from somewhere to get some items back but a lot of my stuff is still empty. Can I please get some one on one help from somebody?? Thanks so much in advance!!!

A:Removed Windows 7 Recovery but still need help

Please download SystemLook from one of the links below and save it to your Desktop.Download Mirror #1Download Mirror #264-bit users go HEREDouble-click SystemLook.exe to run it.Vista\Win 7 users:: Right click on SystemLook.exe, click Run As AdministratorCopy the content of the following box into the main textfield:

:dir
%Temp%\smtmp /s

Click the Look button to start the scan.When finished, a notepad window will open with the results of the scan. Please post this log in your next reply.Note: The log can also be found on your Desktop entitled SystemLook.txt

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/405712/removed-windows-7-recovery-but-still-need-help/
Relevancy 70.52%

Is there any way that messages removed from the deleted file can be recovered? Thanks.....

A:Outlook 2K Removed Msg Recovery

Possibly. I know that if you're using Exchange you can recover Deleted Items. Make sure you're in the Deleted Items window and then go to Tools/Recover Deleted Items. Hope that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2k-removed-msg-recovery.166564/
Relevancy 70.52%

OS Windows XP Platform Laptop Problem Source Internet Malicious URL were blocked was apparently not Anti-Virus Software Avast Active SUPER Anti-Spyware Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Virus MO Had Windows Security Center I believe being posting bogus things such as quot Spyware Detected Your system Removed, Help Recovery! With Virus Need is now leaking personal information Click here to get anti-spyware software Virus Removed, Need Help With Recovery! quot and other similar messages Would sometimes pop up the virus quot anti-virus software Virus Removed, Need Help With Recovery! quot called quot XP Total Security quot saying that there were critical system errors Virus Removal Used Super Anti-Spyware to remove trojans and registry problems System Problem was found C Documents and Settings Virus Removed, Need Help With Recovery! User Application Data PSN exe Trojan Local were found Registry Problems were found all related to Windows Security Center I don t remember the exact details but it was for notifications for firewall updates and one other thing Tracking Cookies were found but that s not abnormal for not running AV for a bit Aftermath As of right now the virus seems KIA The problem now is that it seems like Windows cannot run ANY exe files When an executable is attempted to be run it asks for what program I want to use to run it This includes command prompt No reports or such can be given since no EXEs can be run after removal of the trojan and such Please advise Thanks nbsp

A:Virus Removed, Need Help With Recovery!

Update: Nothing except for the extremely basic Windows functions run at the beginning, but still boots up normally. Current Processes:

wmiprvse
wmpnetwk
SUService
ViewpointService
UpdateMonitor
tvtsched
rrservice
rrpservice
txt_reg_monitor_svc
svchost
sqlwriter
sqlbrowser
SeaPort
explorer
Regsrvc
PsiService_2
PMSveH
jqs
AvastSvc
iviRegMgr
svchost (x3)
S24EvMon
FnF5svc
EvtEng
svchost(x3)
lsass
services
winlogon
csrss
BcmSqlStartupSvc
AppleMobileDeviceService
svchost
spoolsv
smss
taskmgr
mDNSResponder

These of course are all EXEs, but I suppose it just isn't letting any none system programs run.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virus-removed-need-help-with-recovery.998831/
Relevancy 69.66%

I had a tough time removing windows vista recovery WVR but managed I used mbam in safe mode and it would stop scanning after minutes I Recovery, need to removed Vista Windows Now I or so several times I finally ended it early to get I removed Windows Vista Recovery, Now I need to rid of about or so infections it still would stall midway through I tried rkill mbam would still stall midway in both safe and normal modes but after running rkill i was able to identify random running files of which i noted killed the WVR So i manually went in and deleted both random files Yahoo it got rid of the WVR now I need to restore the start menu icons and desktop I removed Windows Vista Recovery, Now I need to icons I did use unhide several times but they don t gome back I did temporarly remove the AV and Mbam to run the unhide as stated at the end of the program but that don t seem to work either do I need to manually put them back Thanks for the help

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/399944/i-removed-windows-vista-recovery-now-i-need-to/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi, I removed the Bitlocker password simply by hitting "Remove Passoword" on the right-click menu on the disk in Computer. Now I need the recovery key, but since I formated the USB-drive I had stored the recovery key on I'm stuck.

Do I have to format my Bitlocked drive?

A:Removed Bitlocker password - need recovery key

Not sure whether this will help, but it may do: How to use the BitLocker Recovery Password Viewer for Active Directory Users and Computers tool to view recovery passwords for Windows Vista

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/201381-removed-bitlocker-password-need-recovery-key.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Almost one half of the programs are hidden after a successful removal I think of the infection using Bleeping instructions and suggested downloads After removal of the WINDOWS XP RECOVERY INFECTION the PROGRAMS became visible in START gt ALL PROGRAMS however when I place the cursor over most of RECOVERY WINDOWS REMOVED XP INFECTION them I only see empty to the right of them and unable to open them THE SPECIFIC PROGRAMS THAT ARE INDICATED AS empty and will not load are ABBYY FINE READER SPRINT ACCESSORIES Communications Entertainment System Tools ACTIVE DVD ERASER ARC SOFT PHOTO IMPRESSION CANON iP SERIES CANON PIXMA iP MANUAL CATALYST CONTROL CENTER CLEVER KEYS COUPONS DELETE HISTORY FREE GOOGLE UPDATER IMESH KASPERSKY INTERNET SECURITY KASPERSKY PASSWORD MANAGER MS OFFICE TOOLS MS SILVER LIGHT MS WORKS PICASSA TURBO WINDOWS XP RECOVERY INFECTION REMOVED TAX AUDIT SUPPORT CENTER WINDOWS LIVE YAHOO MESSENGER PS I WINDOWS XP RECOVERY INFECTION REMOVED m not sure if I can mention this here but I will I have not been able to use SYSTEM RESTORE for a very long time Thank you DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Owner at on Sun Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Kaspersky Internet Security Enabled Updated C D BC - - -A F -E C FW Kaspersky Internet Security Enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx WINDOWS XP RECOVERY INFECTION REMOVED exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch C WINDOWS system svchost -k rpcss C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k NetworkService C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files Secunia PSI PSIA exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Secunia PSI sua exe C Program Files IObit Smart Defrag SmartDefrag exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Google Quick Search Box GoogleQuickSearchBox exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C PROGRA WINDOW Datamngr DATAMN EXE C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C WINDOWS system DrvMon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Dictionary com CleverKeys CK exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files DeleteHistoryFree dhf exe C Program Files Secunia PSI psi tray exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Password Manager stpass exe C Program Files EPSON Creativity Suite Event Manager EEventManager exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Documents and Settings Owner My Documents Downloads dds scr C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO IEVkbdBHO Class ab -e d - f -a a - fa cca c - c program files kaspersky lab kaspersky internet security ievkbd dll BHO Searchqu Toolbar ff - - - ce-e e c - c progra window toolbar SearchquDx dll BHO D -D - -BAB -AB A - No File BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO FilterBHO Class e cf -d - a- f - f a f - c program files kaspersky lab kaspersky internet security klwtbbho dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabf... Read more

A:WINDOWS XP RECOVERY INFECTION REMOVED

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:
Download DDS and save it to your desktop

Link1
Link2
Link3

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:
DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?""just click on Cancel, then Accept".information and logs:In your next post I need the following

.logs from DDSlog from RKUnHookerlet me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/397592/windows-xp-recovery-infection-removed/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello I've been looking on the worlds greatest text book and am unable to find a solution I'm Enviroment removed Recovery BitLocker after using a retail version of Windows Pro and am creating my on refresh images I can perform a refresh just fine through the PC settings however after bit locker encryption I cannot use the refresh feature in setting bit locker it says quot You will no longer be able to use Windows Recovery Environment unless it Recovery Enviroment removed after BitLocker is manually enabled and moved to the system drive quot The Problem I cannot find on the internet how to manually enable or move a Windows Recovery Recovery Enviroment removed after BitLocker Environment so that I can use the refresh feature with bit locker encryption When I was Recovery Enviroment removed after BitLocker using the manufacture upgraded OEM I was able to use the refresh feature with bit locker encryption but not the retail version I don't want to use a USB thumb-drive to house the recovery environment I just want it on the hard-drive I found the convenience of using the refresh feature over image backup is that it wouldn't format the drive to restore the image thus loosing the encryption the refresh feature maintains encryption your help would be greatly appreciated

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/46216-recovery-enviroment-removed-after-bitlocker.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi all

brother recently had a problem with his computer, and rather then wait for me to sort it, he tried to install windows xp. Its installed, but drivers etc all missing. However i noticed he has a restore partition hidden. I'm assuming its usually accessed using an F key, e.g. F10 on startup. Looks like this is no longer the case so wondered if theres another way to run the partition?

thanks for any help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-install-removed-recovery-f-key-at-startup-495711.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi all

brother recently had a problem with his computer, and rather then wait for me to sort it, he tried to install windows xp. Its installed, but drivers etc all missing. However i noticed he has a restore partition hidden. I'm assuming its usually accessed using an F key, e.g. F10 on startup. Looks like this is no longer the case so wondered if theres another way to run the partition?

thanks for any help.

A:XP install removed recovery F key at startup

What is the make and model number of the computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-install-removed-recovery-f-key-at-startup.934008/
Relevancy 69.66%

It seems like I got the Windows Recovery virus malwaare removed but I still cannot see my programs I ran mbam rkill tdskiller not sure the order but followed directions and then unhide unhide showed some desktop shortcuts but did not fix the program list I tried rkunhookerlerle but I get an error quot Error loading driver NTSTATUS code x B quot I would like some help to confirm i have the virus malware completeley removed How to I get visibility of my program functioning properly again Thanks in advance but removed Windows cannot still Recovery: 7 see programs for you great volunteers helping DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Run by Scott at on Sun Internet Windows 7 Recovery: removed but still cannot see programs Explorer Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated - - EA -ABB - B EB SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated D B - E- - - C A FW McAfee Firewall Enabled BE ED - A B- FFF- EC-B C Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSSC Windows system atiesrxx exeC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf amd neutral cbec a d cf STacSV exeC Program Files x Creative Shared Files CTAudSvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Program Files Dell DellDock DockLogin exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows system atieclxx exeC Windows system WLANExt exeC Windows system conhost exeC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf amd neutral cbec a d cf AESTSr exeC Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files x Bonjour mDNSResponder exec Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btwdins exeC Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationC Windows SysWOW svchost exe -k hpdevmgmtC Program Files x STMicroelectronics Accelerometer InstallFilterService exeC Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exeC Program Files x Memeo AutoBackupPro MemeoBackgroundService exeC Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfevtps exeC Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exeC Program Files x Seagate Seagate Dashboard SeagateDashboardService exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exeC Windows system taskhost exeC Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup sftservice EXEC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Intel WiMAX Bin AppSrv exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXEC Program Files Intel WiMAX Bin DMAgent exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exeC Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mcshield exeC Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exeC Program Files Common Files McAfee McSvcHost McSvHost exeC Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files IDT WDM sttray exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exeC Program Files x STMicroelectronics Accelerometer FF Protection exeC Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon iFrmewrk exeC Windows System rundll exeC Program Files Dell DellDock DellDock exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exeC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exeC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNetC... Read more

A:Windows 7 Recovery: removed but still cannot see programs

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Please take note:If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.
If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available.If you are unable to perform the steps we have recommended please try one more time and if unsuccessful alert us of such and we will design an alternate means of obtaining the necessary information.If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review your topic an do their best to resolve your issues.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step.Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER logThanks and again sorry for the delay.Casey

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/397575/windows-7-recovery-removed-but-still-cannot-see-programs/
Relevancy 69.66%

I have a hp pavilion g7-1219wm Notebook PC and upgraded from windows 7 home premium to the new windows 10 and the hp set up manager and hp recovery manager will not open the user account  control says this app has been blocked for your protection. I do not know if my Norton 360 is blocking it or what. Windows 10 also did not load the hp wifi connection manager.  My hp launch box ans hp support assistant works fine. Does anyone else have this problem?

A:HP recovery manager and hp setup manager not working with wi...

I have a HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC and I have experienced the same problem with HP Setup Manager after upgradingfrom Windows 7 to Windows 10. It has also de-activated my Microsoft Office 2010 and completely got rid of my Norton antivirus program. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks WinonaJS

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-recovery-manager-and-hp-setup-manager-not-working-with/td-p/5176949
Relevancy 69.23%

I was running partition magic to partiton an external hard drive but partiton magic took it upon itself to do...something to my recovery partition. the recovery partition doesnt show up. its there because the other partition software i use (minipartition) sees it and can view the files. i think maybe partiton magic unlabled it or something. PLEASE help. i have no idea what to do

A:partition magic and windows 7 recovery partition

That's no problem; try giving it a letter in Device Manager.

Drive Letter - Add, Change, or Remove in Windows 7 - Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to TSF by the way!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/partition-magic-and-windows-7-recovery-partition-548308.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I just lost a partition. It changed, something happened I cannot access my hard drive now.

I have used R-Studio data recovery in past and it has worked well for me. I was just wondering what other people out there think is the best data recovery software for a lost or changed partition?

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-data-recovery-partition-for-a-partition-loss.784748/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hey guys I want to upgrade my gf's computer by putting in a new hdd that is double the size of her current hdd She has a dell which has two partitions one which is where the os is located and the with OS recovery partition [SOLVED] and partition HDD Cloning other one has a recovery partition which is activated [SOLVED] Cloning HDD with OS partition and recovery partition when I press ctrl f at boot up The recovery partition is a ghost software just for further information I read something on this thread http www techsupportforum com f on- html I plan to use drive image xml to do the clones What I plan to do is to clone each partition one at a time and than restore it on the new hdd which would have the same C partion for the OS the D for the recovery partition The question that I have is if when I complete the restoring of both the partitions will I be able to activate the recovery partition just by pressing ctrl f [SOLVED] Cloning HDD with OS partition and recovery partition as I did with the original hdd The reason that I am asking is because pressing ctrl f is the only way to use the recovery partition when it is needed Thank you

A:[SOLVED] Cloning HDD with OS partition and recovery partition

You have to also clone the MBR and partition table. Or you might be able to use the tool from the following web site to restore the Dell proprietary MBR:
Inside the Dell PC Restore Partition

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-cloning-hdd-with-os-partition-and-recovery-partition-483850.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I have a Samsung Ultrabook series 5 laptop..some couple of month usage i completely remove my hard drive and change the windows 8 to windows 7..when i use windows 7 i realize windows 8 is much better then windows 7 so again i clean install of windows 8. i boot drive in PXE UEFI Only Mode.​Some reserved partition created also 300MB Healthy Recovery Partition is Created.when i install a Samsung Recovery Solution Software it Says "Recovery Partition Does Not Exist"..What do i do.also when i refresh Pc it gives me Error "The Drive is Locked Where the Windows Installed"​ I want to make my Laptop like 1st time it was...

Can any one Please Help me...

A:Recovery Partition Problem.Partition Does Not Exist.

I want to make my Laptop like 1st time it was

If you did not make the factory recovery discs during the initial setup of you laptop, your only recourse at this time is to order them from the manufacturer. You have no other options available at this time to recover your laptop to "factory status."

Good luck,

my2cents

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/35177-recovery-partition-problem-partition-does-not-exist.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi guys I am trying to fix this HP Compaq dx 2300 Microtower. It is running Windos XP Pro.When it is turned on there is a message on the screen that says:Boot from CDWarning: A partion overlaps your system recovery partition. Press F10 to start system recovery anyway or another key to delete the recovery partition.I did not press F10, instead i pressed any other key. The reason is because I think it will ask for a Restore CD when I press F10. and the restore CD will surely clean out everyting on the hard drive. How on earth can I get this message on screen out of the way....and is there another way around this ??Please help me......

A:A Partition Overlaps System Recovery partition

Since this is an HP specific recovery partition, I really would suggest contacting HP Technical Support as they may have better information for you.I would suggest using their online chat since it is usually faster and they are more willing to help even out of warranty (in my experience)However if they refuse to help you out of warranty. (assuming it is out of warranty)My following suggestions are assuming that you have proper HP restore media (cd/dvd) in their entirety in proper format and are not scratched or damaged.Sometimes if the recovery partition of your hard drive is damaged, even doing a recovery using the cd/dvd is not going to re-write the recovery partition, it will only reformat and recover the main user parition.For that reason what I really would suggest is to backup your files, and reformat your hard drive from another computer. Then use the restore cd's to re-write the partitions on the drive.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/194736/a-partition-overlaps-system-recovery-partition/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello I ve been reading around as I ve seen this virus has been hitting a lot of people recently I was first hit with the Windows XP Recovery Virus yesterday ran MBAM and Spybot S amp D and completely removed it among other things from my computer I am running Windows XP SP I decided to make a topic because I wasn t sure if my case was any different so I Recovery Google (removed) + Redirect Windows XP figured I d rather be safe than sorry However even after that fact I Windows XP Recovery (removed) + Google Redirect noticed there was still a Google Redirection virus along with a rogue quot iexplore exe quot process that would return after being killed I believe the two are connected and I ended up changing the name of iexplore exe to iexplore exe killed the process and it has yet to return but I am still having the redirection problem I ve run searches through MBAM Spybot and Trojan Hunter both in and out of safe mode nothing has come up TDSS Killer will not run Any help would be appreciated Not sure where to start but I have a few logs from MBAM and Hijack this if needed let me know Thank you very much

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/403905/windows-xp-recovery-removed-google-redirect/
Relevancy 68.8%

why did this happen when I went into recovery ,restart then resetting this PC. after the process completed .I checked my control panel for programs to uninstall and I always had something showing in there like Adobe reader , well to my amazement nothing is in there so I checked [ Apps removed while refreshing your PC ] and there they were all removed yet the computer works great even faster and I have much more disk space , just curious ?

A:after a recovery and apps removed this is what I found interesting

Did you recover it to factory spec ?

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/after-a-recovery-and-apps-removed-this-is-what-i-found-interesting.4069588/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello, i have a problem that Lenovo apps such as Cyberlink..etc removed after recovery in my Windows 10 is there anyway to return them. Note: even if i opened properites on my computer " Lenovo" Sign disappered

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-apps-removed-after-quot-recovery-quot-in-Windows-10/td-p/3372468
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi all,
I got a 64GB flash drive to back up my Windows 10 system. The flash drive showed 55 or 56GB free space before I started. After all of the boot files had been written to the drive, the flash drive showed that 8.88GB of space was used with 23.1GB remaining. That adds up to 32GB of total space.
I'm wondering what happened why it seems like the drive's total capacity was cut in half, and if the remaining space can be recovered.

Thanks,
Jason

A:USB Recovery and removed free space on USB device

Did Windows partition the drive or change the drive's format? Both of that information can be found in Disk Management.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/usb-recovery-and-removed-free-space-on-usb-device-1080433.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi guys, a big thank you for all the expert advice on this forum.

I managed to successfully remove antivirusxp08 following the excellent guides found here, written by Lawrence Abrams THANKS LAWRENCE .

Questions:
Do I need to delete the recovery console?
If I don't delete it will it give me problems or sit in the background quitely until next catastrophe?
Should I post the Combofix log?

Cheers
Greatscot

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/164322/i-removed-antivirusxp08-do-i-need-to-delete-recovery-console/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi,

I am new to this site, so would appreciate it if you bear with me with regards to any further information that you may require.

I have recently had the Windows Vista Recovery virus on my computer. As far as I know I have removed the virus from my computer with programmes such as iexplore.exe and malware bytes.

The issue that I am having now is when I type something into Google, the search results come up, but when clicking on the links, they are redirecting to a completely different website.

I would appreciate the help in how to stop this happening as I havent got a clue.
Please make me aware if you require any further info.

Thank you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/401665/windows-vista-recovery-removed-but-google-redirecting/
Relevancy 67.94%

I ve manually stopped the lastest version of the XP Windows Recovery Virus with a combination of manually removing associated links and files from the registry help from a youtube video and also with the help of iexplore unhide and malware-bytes Scanned multiple times with malware Recovery removed, internet slow Virus XP connection bites to finally seemingly get it all Then I had to run the unhide exe to see the hidden files again Then I had to copy the program files links back from c documents and settings profilename Local Settings temp smtmp to c Documents and Settings profilename Start Menu So far so good I also copied those moved start menu programs back to the All Users and maybe one other user folder to fix their start menu too They XP Recovery Virus removed, slow internet connection didn t have their own recoverable start menu programs that I could find moved somewhere else Now I notice that internet explorer doesn t allow internet access and times out I ve installed avira from a cd and it was able to update through the internet connection but at dialup speeds Something else is still wrong I haven t messed with any Java uninstalls reinstalls yet Any ideas where to start fixing the network connection based on what this virus may have done I m currently scanning with Avira hoping it catches something --Avira caught and removed virus Problem still exists Internet connection tests ok on other computer same port Anyone else experiencing this from the new XP Recovery Virus I have removed older versions of it times before on other systems without so much trouble Other programs that access the internet fail to connect Only thing that has been able to slowly connect that I m aware of was Avira update I installed firefox from a cd just to try anyway and it doesn t connect either I ve also tried all the normal stuff resetting the computer modem router etc Something is choking and or stopping internet access

A:XP Recovery Virus removed, slow internet connection

Nevermind.
Problem resolved. Was unrelated to the virus.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/399328/xp-recovery-virus-removed-slow-internet-connection/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello AllI would first like to say that I am grateful for all the folks at Bleeping Computer I have Recovery Windows everywhere Series notepads Removed and desktop been assisted by them more than once and remember they do accept donations to keep the site going I recently had the virus windows recovery tool and it hid all of my documents Very scary moment for me I went through the process Windows Recovery Series Removed and desktop notepads everywhere to remove it with malware bytes and secunia psi and went into the command prompt to unhide everything Now in all of my documents pictures videos desktop I have a notepad log file with ShellClassInfo LocalizedResourceName SystemRoot system shell dll - This also pops up every time the laptop starts up Should I be concerned How do I stop it from popping up on every boot up This one is in my documents ShellClassInfo LocalizedResourceName SystemRoot system shell dll - IconResource SystemRoot system imageres dll - IconFile SystemRoot system shell dllIconIndex - This one is in my pictures ShellClassInfo LocalizedResourceName SystemRoot system shell dll - InfoTip SystemRoot system shell dll - IconResource SystemRoot system imageres dll - IconFile SystemRoot system shell dllIconIndex - LocalizedFileNames Sample Pictures lnk SystemRoot system shell dll - Thanks for your help Mark

A:Windows Recovery Series Removed and desktop notepads everywhere

Open your C driveOn top click on Organize-Folder & search optionsClick on view tabIn advanced settingsMake sure to check mark DON'T show hidden filescheck mark HIDE protected operating system filesClick okNow,press Windows+R key and typeshell:common startup and click okDelete the desktop.ini file from the startup foldergood luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/453056/windows-recovery-series-removed-and-desktop-notepads-everywhere/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi any help appreciated I had the Windows Recovery virus on my computer yesterday Nod antivirus was running and up to date at the time I ran rkill and then MalwareBytes to remove the virus it found infections which I Unsure if Windows fully removed Recovery Virus: then deleted restarted the computer as it said and ran UnHide exe to restore my desktop icons Windows Recovery Virus: Unsure if fully removed The desktop background stayed black as opposed to my old Windows background so changed that manually However there are still icons not showing in my Start Menu and more importantly when I start Windows Recovery Virus: Unsure if fully removed Task Manager there are two unknown processes csrss exe and winlogon exe which Task Manager does not let me close saying Access is Denied Below is a paste of my DDS file DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Run by Sheel at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Enterprise GMT AV ESET NOD Antivirus Enabled Updated DEAFED- - B- A - CA CD SP ESET NOD Antivirus Enabled Updated CCBF E -A - FC - F - A C SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSSC Program Files x Trusteer Rapport bin RapportMgmtService exeC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files x Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus x ekrn exeC ProgramData EPSON EPW SSRP E S RPB EXEC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationC Program Files x Hotspot Shield HssWPR hsssrv exeC Program Files x Hotspot Shield bin hsswd exeC Program Files x LogMeIn x LMIGuardianSvc exeC Program Files x LogMeIn x RaMaint exeC Program Files x LogMeIn x LogMeIn exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXEC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows system WUDFHost exeC Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcsC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exeC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Windows system SearchProtocolHost exeC Windows system taskhost exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files x Trusteer Rapport bin RapportService exeC Program Files x LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exeC Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exeC Program Files x uTorrent uTorrent exeC Program Files x Hobbyist Software VLC Streamer VLC Streamer Configuration exeC Program Files x Jumi jumi exeC Program Files x Java jre bin javaw exeC Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNetC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Windows system DllHost exeC Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashUtil i ActiveX exeC Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Windows system SearchProtocolHost exeC Program Files x Orbitdownloader orbitdm exeC Program Files x Orbitdownloader orbitnet exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Windows system taskeng exec program files x adobe wave adobe wave exeC Windows system DllHost exeC Windows system DllHost exeC Users Sheel Desktop dds scrC Windows system conhost exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Page uStart Page hxxp www google co uk uWindow Title Internet Explorer optimized for Bing and MSNuSearch Bar mStart Page URL STARTPAGE mSearch Page URL SEARCHPAGE... Read more

A:Windows Recovery Virus: Unsure if fully removed

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:

Link1
Link2
Link3

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:
DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyinformation and logs:In your next post I need the following

.logs from DDSlet me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/396712/windows-recovery-virus-unsure-if-fully-removed/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello - am am running Windows XP Version 2002 Service Pack 2.Just got infected today by the "Windows Recovery" Trojan and I believe it had been removed(?) using rkill.com, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (version 1.60.0.1800) and unhide.exe.However MBAM is now popping up frequent messages that say it "Successfully blocked access to a potentially malicious website xx.xxx.xxx.xxx, Type: outgoing".A number of different IP addresses are shown (in the above message where the xx.xxx.xxx.xxx is shown), including these:46.249.59.4783.133.124.19583.133.120.187Current MBAM full scan reports zero infected items.Reformatting and reinstalling Windows is not something I want to do unless all other options have been exhausted.Am I (still) infected?Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.

A:Removed "Windows Recovery" Trojan but MBAM Still Reporting Issue

Hello,And welcome to BleepingComputer.com, before we can assist you with your question of: Am I infected? You will need to perform the following tasks and post the logs of each if you can.Please download and run Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareNOTEMalwarebytes is now offering a free trial of their program, if you want to accept it you will need to enter some billing information, so that at the end of the trial you would be charged the cost of the product. Please decline this offer, if you are unable to provide billing information. If you want to try it out, then provide the billing information.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Full Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.SUPERAntiSpyware:Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you enco... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/438433/removed-windows-recovery-trojan-but-mbam-still-reporting-issue/
Relevancy 67.51%

With Windows XP Pro I m running SuperAntiSpyware and SpyBot but still managed to get the MS Recovery Anti Spyware virus It was simple enough to remove but it did and script ads Recovery now in MS fake Removed errors random and background have something to my restore points and I can t restore back to a last known good point Now I get random audio ads in the background or script errors which I sure are a by product of the ad not playing Before I just say screw it and restore to my month old backup god only knows what work I ve done on my computer and or if I ve always saved in my data location--I try to always do that but you can never be sure I thought I would give you guys a chance to get me Removed fake MS Recovery and now have random ads in background and script errors well From what I ve read here fixes are machine specific and I should not follow someone else s instructions but wait for instructions for this machhine If you could help it would be greatly appreciated thank god for wetsites like these Here Removed fake MS Recovery and now have random ads in background and script errors are my log files

A:Removed fake MS Recovery and now have random ads in background and script errors

Link1
Link2
Link3

DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?""just click on Cancel, then Accept".information and logs:In your next post I need the following

.logs from DDSlog from RKUnHookerlet me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/394619/removed-fake-ms-recovery-and-now-have-random-ads-in-background-and-script-errors/
Relevancy 67.51%

I had the same experience as described on this thread http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html So - I followed the same instructions ran defogger dds other Windows redirects among things but Vista google Recovery removed rkunhooker Logs attached Before I tried this I went through the steps of removing the fake Windows Windows Vista Recovery removed but google redirects among other things Vista Recovery program as best I could based on several forums - it seemed to work Steps taken were along the lines of changed settings to view hidden files manually Windows Vista Recovery removed but google redirects among other things removed related files went into regedit to remove added entries installed Windows Security Essentials and ran a full scan which found and removed files and then ran a script to reset all my files and folders to not be hidden anymore After all that I still Windows Vista Recovery removed but google redirects among other things get strange behavior clicking on google search results where the page will re-direct several times and end up back in the google search page before installing Security Essentials - redirects always landed on some ad page Other thing I noticed that seems related is that when I re-installed Adobe Flash for FF IE my Flash Access module isn t able to individualize the computer so I am unable to stream encrypted movies from mSpotmovies I installed Chrome to see if that might work since that uses a different version of Flash but Chrome couldn t even get to the web to display the google search home page FF IE could still browse the web Uninstalled Flash and installed to see if Access individualization might work with that but it didn t non-DRM d streaming video plays fine Would be great if I didn t have to re-install Vista to fix all this Thanks for the help and all the other great info here -beman

A:Windows Vista Recovery removed but google redirects among other things

Hello and welcome to the forums!My secret agent name on the forums is SweetTech (you can call me ST for short), it's a pleasure to meet you. I am very sorry for the delay in responding, but as you can see we are at the moment being flooded with logs which, when paired with the never-ending shortage of helpers, resulted in the delayed responding to your thread.I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems.If you have since resolved the issues you were originally experiencing, or have received help elsewhere, please inform me so that this topic can be closed. If you have not, please adhere to the guidelines below and then follow instructions as outlined further below:Logs from malware removal programs (OTL is one of them) can take some time to analyze. I need you to be patient while I analyze any logs you post. Please remember, I am a volunteer, and I do have a life outside of these forums.
Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you. Attention to detail is important! Since I cannot see or directly interact with your computer I am dependent on you to "be my eyes" and provide as much information as you can regarding the current state of your computer.
If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, do NOT continue! Stop and ask!
In Windows Vista and Windows 7, all tools need to be started by right clicking and selecting Run as Administrator!
If I instruct you to download a specific tool in which you already have, please delete the copy that you have and re-download the tool. The reason I ask you to do this is because these tools are updated fairly regularly.
Do not do things I do not ask for, such as running a spyware scan on your computer. The one thing that you should always do, is to make sure sure that your anti-virus definitions are up-to-date!
Please do not use the Attachment feature for any log file. Do a Copy/Paste of the entire contents of the log file and submit it inside your post.
I am going to stick with you until ALL malware is gone from your system. I would appreciate it if you would do the same. From this point, we're in this together ;)
Because of this, you must reply within three days failure to reply will result in the topic being closed!
Please do not PM me directly for help. If you have any questions, post them in this topic.
Lastly, I am no magician. I will try very hard to fix your issues, but no promises can be made. Also be aware that some infections are so severe that you might need to resort to reformatting and reinstalling your operating system.
Don't worry, this only happens in severe cases, but it sadly does happen. Be prepared to back up your data. Have means of backing up your data available.____________________________________________________Rootkit UnHooker (RkU)Please download Rootkit Unhooker from one of the following links and save it to your desktop.Link 1 (.exe file)Link 2 (zipped file)Link 3 (.rar file)In order to use this tool if you downloaded from either of the second two links, you will need to extract the RKUnhookerLE.exe file using a program capable of extracing ZIP and RAR compressed files. If you don't have an extraction program, you can downlaod, install and use the free 7-zip utility.Double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to start the program.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check Drivers, Stealth Code, and uncheck the rest.Click OK.Wait until it's finished and then go to File > Save Report.Save the report to your Desktop.Copy and paste the contents of the report into your next reply.-- Note: You may get this warning...just ignore it, click OK and continue: "Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself! It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?".NEXT:Running OTLWe need to create a FULL OTL ReportPlea... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/400334/windows-vista-recovery-removed-but-google-redirects-among-other-things/
Relevancy 67.51%

I used information on this site to remove the Windows XP Repair Virus I ran Malewarebytes quick scan but when unhide wouldn t work I then ran full scan to double check virus was completely removed It shows virus was removed successfully I tried running Unhide in normal and safe mode I have not Unhide System Please Virus the Recovery me. I've Windows for help. work but and removed will look my icons but like others the folders are empty in the programs section of the start menu When I run Unhide either it does not finish I waited min or I get this message Processing C Pev is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file I saw I've removed the Windows Recovery Virus but Unhide and System look will not work for me. Please help. that people were being asked for results of System Look when Unhide didn t work so I downloaded I've removed the Windows Recovery Virus but Unhide and System look will not work for me. Please help. it and tried to run it When I double click on it I get message quot Script Error quot Even though I m logged as an administrator user I tried right clicking and run as Administrator and that didn t work for System Look or Unhide I do not know what to try next I ve saw where it is mentioned that programs can be put back manually but nothing says exactly how to do that My problem is now fixed thanks to USN Vet I found and used his suggestion to the topic Windows XP Restore Aftermath I cant seem to find a way to mark my topic as solved This site has been a lifesafer today

A:I've removed the Windows Recovery Virus but Unhide and System look will not work for me. Please help.

Close, OP resolved, see http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic405058.html .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/405143/ive-removed-the-windows-recovery-virus-but-unhide-and-system-look-will-not-work-for-me-please-help/
Relevancy 67.08%

I got something buggy on my laptop, and i want to recover my laptop to the first time i got the pc. And when i downloading the recovery manager i got a message : This softpaq wil nott be installed on this pc beacuse HP Recovery Manager cannot be found in this system. Any help ?

A:HP Recovery Manager

Your specs say, HP PC with Windows 8 x86, therefore not Pre-installed, HP Recovery Manager would only work on the old OS & not on the upgraded OS.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/24196-hp-recovery-manager.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Help. My Hp Touchsmart 300 won't boot up windows it goes to the blue house screen when switched on.  If I press F11 it will only let me do a system recovery with warning it will go back to factory setting.  I want to "file back up program" but it is greyed off and won't let me click it. 

A:Recovery manager

Hello, Welcome to the HP Support forum. Thank you for post. Some (most) HP Recovery procedures include procedure to back-up files before the actual recovery process. However, yoy may back-up your files this way usig external software.Please, download GNU/Linux version - > Linux Mint XFCE 18 - Linux based OS.  >> https://linuxmint.com/edition.php?id=222 Download/save the ISO image. You need to write it on a new blank DVD or on empty USB thumbdrive (min 2 GB capacity).  How to create bootable ISO on USB device >> http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/create-a-usb-stick-on-windowsorHow to write ISO to DVD >> http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/burn-a-dvd-on-windows   When ready with the USB drive or with the DVD: * Ensure Secure Boot is disabled.* Ensure Legacy mode is enabled.* Save the UEFI/BIOS changes.Details>> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03653226 Eventually, please, shutdown the computer using the power button.Insert the Windows USB thumdrive or the DVD prepared previouslyPower  on the PC.As soon as you press the power-on button, keep hitting the Esc button (like tap-tap-tap).This should open a HP Startup Menu which may look similar to this one Choose F9 to open Boot options. Select the thumb drive as boot option.You will now boot from Linux Mint media. Once ready and once you open the Files, you will notice it has automatically mounted your PC's HDD - you will be able to browse through your directories and copy/backup to external device the required files.  Once ready, you can use the F11 option to reimage your PC  / restote to factory default condition.Hope this helps, let me know how it goes. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Recovery-manager/td-p/5840488
Relevancy 67.08%

could smeone tell whats wrong with my recovery manager program in HP pavilion laptop... when i run the program, a window appears:

microsoft visual c++ runtime library
runtime error
program c:\windows\sminst\restore7.exe
abnormal program termination...

how can i fix the error?

thanks for helping!!!

A:hp recovery manager

Originally Posted by opette

could smeone tell whats wrong with my recovery manager program in HP pavilion laptop... when i run the program, a window appears:

microsoft visual c++ runtime library
runtime error
program c:\windows\sminst\restore7.exe
abnormal program termination...

how can i fix the error?

thanks for helping!!!

Are you using Vista....
If yes you can refer this link where you can download universal recovery disk. Please follow this link
Create a Recovery Disc

http://www.vistax64.com/software/161250-hp-recovery-manager.html