Windows Support Forum

Windows7 SSDIII on PCIe expansion card not showing up in bios for boot

Q: Windows7 SSDIII on PCIe expansion card not showing up in bios for boot

Probably a simple one but im stumped.

Have a SSDIII drive with OS installed via a USB3 4 port PCIe expansion card with SATAIII ports.

Master OS drive is installed and working fine on the drive however is not showing up in BIOS for autoboot, so I have to manually press ESC to enter boot menu and select the SSD drive to boot which works fine.

Have checked all the BIOS advanced boot up devices can see all hard drives, USB drives, CDROMs and external USB drives but not the relevant SATAIII drive. I am presuming its due to the fact its on an expansion card and have not found a solution please help.

Card installed : PCI Express Card USB 3.0 4-port VIA (Transcend Information TS-PDC3 Combo PCI-e Interface Card 2 x USB 3.0 2 x SATA III ) Transcend Information TS-PDC3 Combo PCI-e Interface Card 2 x USB 3.0 2 x SATA III: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Drive : OCZ Vertex 3 SataIII drive.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows7 SSDIII on PCIe expansion card not showing up in bios for boot

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows7 SSDIII on PCIe expansion card not showing up in bios for boot

Plug the SSD into the first SATA port if you have one. Win7 is not meant to be installed on a USB drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/277960-windows7-ssdiii-pcie-expansion-card-not-showing-up-bios-boot.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi, New to the forum. I have an HP 450-A24 Slimline and would like to know if it is possible to install a 4 port USB 3.0 PCIe expansion card?  All I have been able to find out is that the expansion port has been used. Is there any way to still add 4 port USB 3.0 PCIe expansion card?   Thanks fror your help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Want-to-add-a-4-port-USB-3-0-PCIe-expansion-card-to-an-HP/td-p/5597903
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi My motherboard got a port called Mini PCIE It looks similar to the standard PCIE port but is much smaller I guess that's why it's called mini AND it appears to be tilted degrees to Mini card Adding PCIE expansion WiFi the right if I'm right So I would have to place the card vertically Space seems Adding Mini PCIE WiFi expansion card to be limited Of course I could be wrong on that Board type is MSI AM i Photo is below The port in question is just next to the two SATA data ports actually on the left in the second pictures I'd like to install Adding Mini PCIE WiFi expansion card a Wifi card there Please tell me How and where Where am I supposed to place the antennas Do you know any good cards I didn't buy the card yet only the motherboard Thanks a lot The mini PCIE port is just above again next to the white-blue capacitors and left to the sata ports and lies vertically in the picture with a number tag written to it

A:Adding Mini PCIE WiFi expansion card

Hi ... The Link below should be of some help ...
MSI AM1I Review | AM1 Motherboard Review | Computer Shopper

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/370548-adding-mini-pcie-wifi-expansion-card.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I am interested in buying a Plextor PCIe SSD M6e(A) Black for a performance upgrade.
Plextor SSD Storage Solutions | Products | M6e(A) Black Edition

I emailed Plextor support with a system compatibility question & they replied within 20 minutes.

He stated: "Check your boards bios to see if it has CSM and that it is enabled
because you will need this feature enabled to boot from a PCIe drive."

I have a ECS A890GXM-A v2.0 mobo. details at:
ECS > A890GXM-A (V2.0)

and it does have a PCIe x4 slot (Gen2, PCI v2.0 compliant) but does not have a UEFI BIOS nor can I find any reference to Compatibility Support Module (CSM). Does this mean I cannot use a SSD with a PCIe connection or are there work-arounds, hotfix's, etc. to make this work? I have read that Windows 7 is a little finicky when it comes to SSD PCIe connections/drivers and such. Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/397039-uefi-bios-csm-boot-option-needed-pcie-ssd.html
Relevancy 67.51%

So I upgraded my older Lenovo A series machine to a Samsung series SSD and it boots just fine and runs perfectly if connected to the mb sata connector Problem is that it s attached from Can't card SSD PCIe SATA boot to an older machine and the SATA ports are first version so Can't boot from SSD attached to PCIe SATA card max transfer speeds are Gb s The drive is the newest SATA III capable of Gb s I bought a PCIe x card and its installed and visible with proper drivers in Device Manager I want to connect the SSD to this PCIe card to maximize the SATA III speeds but when I connect that way the system does not even see the SSD In BIOS I moved PCI SCSI to the available boot devices but the SSD is not showing at all When the SSD is connected directly to the SATA I port on the mb it sees it perfectly in BIOS and is set to the boot device in both Primary and Auto How can I get this to boot when the SSD is connected to the PCIe card I already see massive speed improvement over my old Seagate rpm HDD and I m pretty happy as-is but I really want to see what it can do attached to a SATA III port Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

So recently I purchased a Galaxy GTX MB video card I was previously using a BFG Tech GTX When I first installed the GPU I was on an ASUS P B Deluxe WiFI Edition motherboard I am now on an ASRock P time) up Bios (slowing Mobo boot up GPU showing BIOS before Extreme motherboard I mention the old mobo because the problem has been the same regardless So I link the issue to the GPU Anywho the new Galaxy card on boot displays it's own Bios information before the mobo Bios page shows up It's actually the first thing I see on my monitor It just simply displays Galaxy Bios version etc etc etc It doesn't last for more than - seconds but I personally feel it's an unnecessary delay Especially since I'm so adamant about computer efficiency and I try to get my boot up times as fast as possible Just a personal hobby I enjoy So I was curious if there is a way to disable this initial Bios screen I did many google searches and couldn't find the problem to a a perfect description Some people did mention that it has GPU Bios showing up before Mobo BIOS (slowing boot up time) to do with a motherboard conflict but that's why I mentioned bother motherboards One was old and the one I'm on now is brand new I've never purchased a Galaxy card until now so I'm curious if it's unique to their brand I've never updated Bios on a video card before and I'm not sure if it'd cure the problem either Anyone familiar with this situation Thank you Edit I'll take a picture of the Bios screen and post it quick I just thought about doing it but I typed this entire message and I can't do that unless I restart

A:GPU Bios showing up before Mobo BIOS (slowing boot up time)

It will still have to do it's thing...even if you manage to make it disappear....I have had systems in the past that has done that same thing...if speed is what your after a SSD will do more for that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/165700-gpu-bios-showing-up-before-mobo-bios-slowing-boot-up-time.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello!

I have a UAD Quad PCIe card (A card for music making, not a soundcard tho), which my computer can't find.

It has a LED light that indictates that it's getting power from the computer and so on.

System:
Windows 7 32bit Proffesional
Motherboard: Asus M4N68T
CPU: AMD Phenom 3Ghz (4x)
RAM: 4 GB
Graphics: NVidia GeForce 8600 GT

Anything else, just ask!

A:Computer Can't Find A PCIe Device (UAD 2 Quad PCIe Card)

Have you had a good look around in the bios settings? See if it's being seen there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/183985-computer-cant-find-pcie-device-uad-2-quad-pcie-card.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I was wondering if half-length PCIe and mini card PCIe are the same thing because I was planning on plugging in an external GPU.  Thank you for helping.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Is-Half-Length-PCIe-and-Mini-Card-PCIe-the-Same-Thing/td-p/5690672
Relevancy 65.79%

I installed the High Point Rocket Raid 2314 (AKA G-Technology 0G00042 High-Performance eSATA PCIe 4x RAID Controller) to use with G Speed ES RAID enclosures. However my computer hangs on bootup as it seems to want to boot from those drives instead of system ssd.  I have to hit F1 to finish bootup. I also have two internal drives configured as RAID. Could this be the issue or is it strictly the pcie card that's the conflict? System boots fine without it. Is there a way to change boot order? I can't find it.  HP system BIOS is v.03.12 Thanks!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Boot-hangup-with-High-Point-RAID-Pcie-card/td-p/5666184
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello Mates,

My G75VW was offline for 2 weeks and when it came back on there were couple of Windows updates to be done. Picked some of them>restart. There was this typical ~configuring~please wait~ message that went for 20 min or so. I thought it's frozen so I rebooted it manually...

And than... nothing. Black screen. I can't access BIOS, Windows wont start either. The laptop works for 10s and turns off itself.

I tried generic reset with holding the power button but it failed.
I tried to boot from Windows repair disk- nothing.

Any ideas?

A:Laptop Won't boot and Acces BIOS after crashed Windows7 Update

Did you unplug the laptop and remove the battery before holding the start button of 30 seconds? I suspect you have some other problem. A windows update cannot change bios, and the computer should post and give access to bios, even if there is no hard drive installed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/286141-laptop-wont-boot-acces-bios-after-crashed-windows7-update.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi,

I currently have Motherboard Asus P5B-Plus Vista edition which has
1 x PCI-E x16, 3 x PCI-E x1, 3 x PCI 2.2

I plan to build a data server with this motherboard and buy Promise Supertrak EX8350 which is PCI-E x4 Raid controller card.

My question is. Instead of buying a new motherboard that has PCI-E x4 slot.
Can I just install the PCI-E x4 Raid controller card into PCI-E x16 slot which is normally for video card? And Just buy a cheap regular PCI video card for PCI 2.2 slot?

Hopefully someone could help me with this and I thank you in advance.
NYSaint

A:PCIe x4 Raid controller card into PCIe x16 slot

The 4X card has the long edge connector for the socket I assume, then yes. I have a second x16/4 slot that, iirc, they say will work as a 4x slot. That said, do they make a PCIE x1 videocard for the short slot?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pcie-x4-raid-controller-card-into-pcie-x16-slot.87198/
Relevancy 65.36%

Need some help figuring this out I have a Startech PEXUSB S PCI Express USB Card StarTech com that will not be recognized on cold boots It is recognized no problem on any restart and works fine until the next cold start Using the latest driver Cold Works New Restarts. on Boot, Recognized PCIe Perfect not on Card for the Renesas NEC uPD chip MB has the latest FH bios and New PCIe Card not Recognized on Cold Boot, Works Perfect on Restarts. the latest chipset drivers v The Card works perfect in a bit XP machine so I am doubting it is defective I am getting really tired of having to restart every time I turn the machine on Anyone have an idea where to start looking for the problem This is a new build Thanks in advance Win I Bloomfield GHZ GA-X A-UD R rev gb x gb triple channel New PCIe Card not Recognized on Cold Boot, Works Perfect on Restarts. kit of Corsair Vengeance Ram mhz Gigabyte GTX TI Graphics card Intel gb SSD I have included the following info from a discussion on another site for more insight No solution yet Upon a cold boot DM is clear of any warnings or unknown devices The USB Controller section just doesn't show the new card controllers Since I have my DM set to be able to show quot Hidden Devices quot devices that are no longer installed when I tick that option the new card controllers do show in the section grayed out as they would if the card was pulled which I think is normal and not a problem in this case After a restart the DM controller section shows the new cards controllers as it should and the card works fine until the next cold boot Also On cold boot if I go into bios first card is recognized as in a restart Here are some thoughts that someone may have an answer to Since the card does work fine on restarts I would think that means the card and the slot it's in are not defective plus the card operates normally in an XP machine What is different from the cards point of view between a cold boot and a restart Does the bios or windows recognize treat a card different depending on whether it is a cold boot or restart Why would a bios not present a card to the OS during a cold boot but do it on restarts I flashed to the latest FH bios before installing the card The only thing I changed from the optimized settings after reflash was turn on AHCI mode set the memory to XMP profile as recommend by Corsair set the boot order I wanted and disabled the Marvell run GSATA controller which operates MB Sata connectors which I am never going to use I did not install any raid drivers Intel RST or the gigabyte sata raid drivers since I'm not using raid I have DVD drives hooked to the Gigabyte MB sata connectors operating in IDE mode To bad I didn't try the card before flashing to the new bios but it was successfully installed If the new bios had a problem wouldn't other problems show up besides just a PCIe card recognize problem especially considering the video card is PCIe and works fine A suggestion from another forum--- Quick boot is not enabled tried sec HDD delay but no cigar Good Idea to try though I did clean the driver stack and reinstalled the card driver as well as clear the DM of all old uninstalled devices in other words did a fresh install of the card but no cigar there either

A:New PCIe Card not Recognized on Cold Boot, Works Perfect on Restarts.

Posted in error

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/289763-new-pcie-card-not-recognized-cold-boot-works-perfect-restarts.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I am planning to upgrade my video card. I saw this one from Nvidia. Geforce GTS 450. I checked the specs and i saw the "bus" and it says PCI-E 2.0 x 16. My motherboard(Asus P5G41T-MLX3) has PCIe x16. I also have researched that the PCIE is backward compatible meaning the GTS 450 is compatible with my mobo. Now, my question is, will my mobo which has pcie 1.1 only be a bottleneck for GTS 450? if so, what video will you recommend so i can play new games like need for speed shift 2 unleashed?

A:pcie 2.0 video card on pcie 1.1 slot

I don't think different versions would bottleneck that much that you could notice.. What are your system specs and what resolution are you willing to play it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/194921-pcie-2-0-video-card-pcie-1-1-slot.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello guys, i'm having a bit of trouble with my Sound Blaster Xfi Fatal1ty titanium, the issue is as follows:

There's a huge heat sink that prevents the card fitting properly into the single pcie x1 slot on my board, so what i rly would like to know is if it is possible to have it working on a pcie x4, risk free ofc. I've done a few searches on this forum and i've read it is possible but i rly want to be sure before doing anything. Another doubt i have is if i need to make any changes on my bios cuz i'm not sure if pcie x1 and pcie x4 slots work on the same power specs.

Thx to all in advance

A:Pcie x1 sound card in Pcie x4 slot?

If the card performs in a PCIe x4 slot, it should be ok... I don't think you will damage anything

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pcie-x1-sound-card-in-pcie-x4-slot.131687/
Relevancy 64.5%

I'm strongly considering a P X WS MOBO for the - PCIe lanes it has available depending on who you are talking to I want to run a GPU an LSI Internal SATA SAS - i Gb s PCI-Express PCIe Card 2.0? PCIe 3.0 Graphics Running on RAID Controller Card a couple of TV tuners and a WiFi card Because of space constraints in the case the graphics card has to be kept down to a certain length to keep it from getting into the HDDs please don't suggest a larger case I just don't have room for it not to Running PCIe 3.0 Graphics Card on PCIe 2.0? mention I'm a handicapped senior citizenn and need to keep weight down as much as possible The card at the top of my list is a MSI R Twin Frozr GD OC Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x Even though the MOBO's PCIe x slots are rated for PCIe the most I Running PCIe 3.0 Graphics Card on PCIe 2.0? can get Running PCIe 3.0 Graphics Card on PCIe 2.0? on it is PCIe because the only CPUs available for the LDA socket on it the Sandy Bridge E CPUs will support only PCIe An Ivy Bridge E for the socket won't be available until later this year assuming Intel doesn't change their minds This PC will be used for office applications basic photo editing data storage my books music movies ripped from DVDs and BDs and personal reords web surfing listening to music and watching movies no gaming I'm too old and slow Although I'll initially just be running a single quot monitor x x and a quot TV I eventually want to replace the monitor with three quot monitors x Would this graphics card be able to handle that load without too much of a performance loss even though it is running on on PCIe x

A:Running PCIe 3.0 Graphics Card on PCIe 2.0?

PCIe 3.0 is still irrelevant at this point, there is simply no current card that can effectively make use of the full bandwidth of 2.0 let alone 3.0. It is overrated and offers no real life performance advantage over 2.0. Running any PCIe 3.0 card in a PCIe 2.0 slot will not affect performance, the benefits of PCIe3.0 are only visible while running intensive applications with a multi-GPU setup.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/279645-running-pcie-3-0-graphics-card-pcie-2-0-a.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi all

I have H61M-ITX board with 1 x PCI Express 3.0 x16 slot (blue @ x16 mode)
http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H61M-ITX/

I wan to install there PCI Express x 4 card:
http://dektec.com/Products/PCIe/DTA-2144/index.asp

I made clean Win XP SP3 install + all MB drivers on top. After I inserted pcie x4 card and boot up. Win XP didn't detect the card (though leds on card are blinking from periodically)

I then tied LAN adapter I have to check if all is fine with MB. I took this one:
http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/?categoryid=235&model=TG-3468

same behaviour - system doesn't see it but if I plug eth cable then leds on lan card blink.

please tell me what is wrong I do? I checked bios for anything related to PCIe and found nothing.

A:PCIe x4 card doesn't run in PCIe x16 slot

Have you tried updating your Intel chipset drivers? They can be found at Intel.com in the download center. They would have updates for the PCIe drivers and other assorted H61 chipset features.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pcie-x4-card-doesnt-run-in-pcie-x16-slot.189103/
Relevancy 64.07%

I used to have a W system in IDE MBR and since I had to reinstall everything from sratch I decided to set my drives to up Single in OS Boot boot manager options? and showing Windows BIOS AHCI UEFI GPT After install I checked the BIOS settings and saw that in my Boot Options I had the Windows Boot Manager set as my SSD set as and DVD drive as When I change the Single OS and Windows boot manager showing up in BIOS Boot options? boot priority and set my SSD as my computer won't boot and asks Single OS and Windows boot manager showing up in BIOS Boot options? for a bootable device although the system is install on my SSD I don't have a multiboot system there's only W present so why do I have a Windows Boot Manager in my BIOS I thought it was only for multi boot systems so I don't get why it's showing up here When I go to msconfig startup there's only one system displayed W Since I'm new to AHCI GPT I don't know what's normal and what's not If it's not normal how come I got this Windows Boot Manager in my BIOS Maybe the old MBR wasn't erased even though I ran a secure Erase on my SSD

A:Single OS and Windows boot manager showing up in BIOS Boot options?

Windows Boot Manager is standard on a UEFI/GPT disk. 

See this post for an explanation.

A more detailed explanation is here under the UEFI boot manager

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579355/single-os-and-windows-boot-manager-showing-up-in-bios-boot-options/
Relevancy 63.64%

hi!
I installed a new graphic card (gigabyte GeForce 8500 GT ), and since then , my BIOS booting is not showing the graphic card ID on top as before , buy the MB ID instead.
The only hint I can give , is that my MB is SLI (not activated)and the previous card was retail 7600 GS SLI .Now it's not retail , and not SLI.
I don't know if it has anything to do with it , maybe.Any idea?
By the way , TSG was the first to wish me Happy Birthday today ,and I could'nt be more pleased..love you ,people , thanks!
Michel

A:Graphic card not showing on top of BIOS

The initial display is a function of the card's CMOS. Some cards simply don't have any initial display.

Is there any problem with the card, or just no boot message?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphic-card-not-showing-on-top-of-bios.582396/
Relevancy 62.35%

Here is something I recently found out I have tired this and it works You can use a PCIe x card or a PCIe x card in a PCIe x slot They work fine So if you think you are short of PCI-e slots you may not be A shorter PCIe card works fine in a longer slot On PCIe X X and X slots the first pins are card x1 Using PCIe slot x16 in a PCIe a all wired the same so as long Using a PCIe x1 card in a PCIe x16 slot as the PCI-Express card fits in the PCI-Express slot it should work This is not the case for the legacy PCI -bit non-express slots that are not PCI-Express Those are not compatable with PCIe cards Picture of assorted PCIe and PCI slots The top four slots in the picture above are from the top to bottom PCIe x slot PCIe x slot PCIe x slot and another PCIe x slot A PCIe card that can physically fit in any of these slots will work even if it doesn't fill the entire slot The bottom th slot is a PCI legacy -bit slot PCIe express cards will not work in this slot It only accepts legacy PCI cards Here is the PCI-Express page on Wikipedia showing pinouts etc PCI Express - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia YouTube Video showing PCIe X card in a PCIe X slot x x pci Cards Fit Into x pci-e Slot - YouTube Here are links to discussions on this subject at Tom's Hardware quot Can I install a PCI-e x Wireless network card in a PCI-e x slot quot http www tomshardware com answers -x -slot html http www tomshardware com forum - -card-slot http www tomshardware com answers -x -slot html

A:Using a PCIe x1 card in a PCIe x16 slot

It's been like that since the beginning of PCIex !!!

http://www.tenforums.com/pc-custom-builds-overclocking/21559-using-pcie-x1-card-pcie-x16-slot.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi All First time making a new thread here so im sorry if i do something wrong OK i built this rig two years ago here some of the specs CPU AMD ghz Motherboard Asus M n deluxe WiFi Ram gb PCIe or PCIe a video new 2 1.0 and card mhz ddr Video card XFX xt i know had to make do so as you can see i need a new video card I play games like cod PCIe 1.0 or PCIe 2 and a new video card left dead Crysis warhead and GTA IV and i like these game in the highest video settings i can have I play at a res of x The GPU i would go for is a gtx or a GTX Core So the problem im facing is would my motherboard having PCIe slow the card down gtx GTX Core or and work If it would slow down the card i would upgrade the motherboard could you tell me a model Thanks Offbow BTW im not a very good speller so im sorry for that nbsp PCIe 1.0 or PCIe 2 and a new video card

Relevancy 61.92%

Gday there i can boot up my PC by tapping f 11 i can see my ssd and my Samsung hard drive there i tap ssd drive and it boots ,but i have to do this painful process every time i boot up.
my mobo is a z77 extreme 4 all was fine until i followed an over clock guide and my bios must have reset it self when i went past the sweet spot.I did find a solution as a cmd prompt make ssd boot priority 1 in the cmd prompt,i found this in Google but now i cant find it again.Can some one please advise me what to do.

A:ssd not showing in bios boot order

Have you tried going to the BIOS and setting the SSD as first in the boot priority?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/342151-ssd-not-showing-bios-boot-order.html
Relevancy 61.06%

i have an old dell optiplex gx 240 when i put it on no primary or secondary drive showing they are plugged in right i think

A:no hard drive showing in Bios or in Boot

You must check the jumper settings, if they are plugged into the same IDE cable, most likely they are both set to master, or both set to slave. I always set my harddrive to master, and my cd/dvd to slave.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-hard-drive-showing-in-bios-or-in-boot.992549/
Relevancy 61.06%

I took my 3Tb out of it's external case and put it into my computer and it didn't show up so I put it back and it looked like my data was gone!

I tried a couple programs to get it back because they said the drive was empty or something.

I gave up and now I'm trying to get everything back again but the drive won't show up in windows 8 but my other one days and I'm using the same cords and everything.

It also boots up.

A:Seagate Expansion 3TB data recovery / not showing up anymore.

It looks like taking it out of the case makes it show up in diskaprt.exe now and I'm trying to recover the files with segate recovery

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/334050-seagate-expansion-3tb-data-recovery-not-showing-up-anymore.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Howdy I bought a new computer with Win about a month ago which came with a TB Seagate hard Expansion Seagate showing up Drive in Computer' External not New 'My drive installed so I decided to replace my previous GB Aulartek External with a TB Seagate External Drive Well to make a long story short I tried installing the new Seagate TB Expansion Drive a few hours ago but up to this point I can't get the computer to recognize it However there is a 'green light' visible on the end of the new Seagate External that is lit up and if I click on New Seagate Expansion External Drive not showing up in 'My Computer' the 'Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media' button on the taskbar it does show something called 'Eject Desktop' under 'Open Devices and Printers' I tried going to the Seagate Community Forum but got even more confused than when I started trying to troubleshoot my problem with not being New Seagate Expansion External Drive not showing up in 'My Computer' able to see it listed under 'Computer' My old Aulartek External had an 'on and off switch' and this new Seagate doesn't have one unless I just can't find it I have both the USB and A C Power supply plugged in Any help would be appreciated Thanks and regards harts ever New Seagate Expansion External Drive not showing up in 'My Computer'

A:New Seagate Expansion External Drive not showing up in 'My Computer'

Try right clicking on computer in the start menu, and select manage. In the window that opens after giving admin approval, selece disk management in the left column. It should show every hard drive connected to your computer. In the lower portion of the window, look for your Seagate, right click it and select change drive letter or path, in the next window click add and choosed a drive letter. Click OK. after the drive letter is assigned, you will be able to see the drive in explorer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/207361-new-seagate-expansion-external-drive-not-showing-up-my-computer.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi,

Can anyone help? I brought a seagate Expansion Drive less than a month ago to store all my music and pictures on. It worked fine until a few days ago when it started clicking and now under my computer it is showing as a local disk.

I'm not great with computers and have no idea what to do! I have tried running sea tools from the sea gate web site and all the tests come back fine! However, I still can't get the expansion drive to work or let me access any of my music etc. I just want to get my music back!!!!

Can anyone help???

A:SEAGATE 1.5TB expansion drive showing as local Disk

P.S. I'm running on windows vista service pack 2

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/seagate-1-5tb-expansion-drive-showing-as-local-disk.939937/
Relevancy 61.06%

Have joined to see if i can get some assistance noticed others have done this with success I have a seagate TB expansion Hard Drive which was firstly coming up with I O error and now the computer doesnt even register that its connected dispite connection noises from the drive itself on usb connection I have read through various topics and forums and carried out a number of the checks and processes to run through but still without success I have tried this on other laptops and issue is exactly the same I have another Buffulo expansion drive which is working fine in all USB ports The system is windows Vista and upgraded to service showing Seagate hard on not expansion computers drive pack I have cleaned up existing USB drivers on system also When disk management is opened the system doesnt read the drive is connected There is no excessive noises coming from drive but lights on and small amount of heat is given off Needing help as i use drive to back up important photos and files dont want them lost Can anyone help please nbsp

A:Seagate expansion hard drive not showing on computers

Sounds like the drive has failed as you had been getting warning signs with the I/O errors and now it has stopped working. There is a possibility that it is just the circuitry in the housing so you may be able to get it going again with a new housing. You could first test the drive by removing it from the housing and hooking it up to the internal connections of a desktop PC or by using a USB adapter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seagate-expansion-hard-drive-not-showing-on-computers.166721/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi everbody nbsp I am currently upgrading a HP Pavillion p t and I recently found out that it locks up my BIOS's option to configure secure boot I went through every method I could find on all support forums and have been trying for weeks now I am trying to install a new Graphics Card PNY GT gb and I would not boot no matter how I settings up showing not new boot for BIOS in Graphics... Secure did anything I then bought another card a Gigabyte GT gb and the same issue occured I know Secure boot settings not showing up in BIOS for new Graphics... that is not my power supply because it is w I have tried all advanced boot settings and reisntalled windows more times than I can count At this point I need some help My CPU is an Intel core i k with cores yes cores I double checked and I am running it with gb of Ram and the onboard graphics It came with a mb AMD radeon card from the stone age that got fried a while ago I am on windows right now and need to fix this issue I also tried reseting CMOS and I even bought a new CMOS battery and still nothing is working With no video card in my PC runs fine I am also running the latest BIOS version compatible with my device and still nothing will work I f someone could please help that would mean alot to me p s I forgot to say that both video cards work perfetly I tested them in a PC of a friends who had worse specs than me in every way nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Thanks nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Secure-boot-settings-not-showing-up-in-BIOS-for-new-Graphics/td-p/5807835
Relevancy 60.2%

Hey, wondering if someone can help

Bought my new external hard drive and put a load of my files onto it with no problem at all, but today, on the second time of using it, I plugged it in and it seems to be working because the green light is on and the icon to eject is there, but its not showing in My Computer.

I've seen people saying about the Disk Management and changing the name or path.... so when I open up that window, the disk is not named, when I right click on it, everything is greyed out apart from Help and Delete Volume options.

I've tried uninstalling the drive under the Device Manager and re-installing it again. but that doesn't work either.

I have tried this on my 2 laptops, PB and HP, and it is exactly the same on both. Both run windows 7 64-bit.

Hope Someone is able to help me out a bit, Thanks Lynne.

A:Seagate Expansion Drive 320GB Not Showing Up In My Computer Anymore!!

This may help....

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/298118-seagate-expansion-drive-320gb-not-showing-up-my-computer-anymore.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I want to install and boot from an m.2 drive by instaaling an pci-e expansion card and installing the m.2 drive to it. Question is --does the bios on the 700-215xt have an option to enable booting from pci-e card driver?  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/700-215xt-Does-BIOS-support-booting-from-Pci-e-expansion/td-p/5620006
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello. I build this computer a year ago and upgraded slightly each time I had the chance. I upgraded to WINDOWS 10 and worked find for a while until my os corrupted and I then installed WINDOWS 7. I lost all my drivers but luckely i had the cds. But as I went to get my wifi card cd I couldnt find it. I tried looing everywhere but I couldnt find it. So i got my brothers laptop and googled my drivers but couldnt find them. Please help.

*Extra info*
On device manager i get the following values for the hardware ids
PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_5392&SUBSYS_53921814&REV_00
PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_5392&SUBSYS_53921814
PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_5392&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_5392&CC_0280

On multiple programs the device decription says "802.11n Wiresless LAN card"
Manufacture: Ralink Technology,Corp"
Please help asap. Can give more info if needed

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/394823-pcie-wifi-card-drivers-lost-windows-does-not-reconise-card.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Bought a USB2 4 port -pci expansion card from Dabs.com, put it in pc and the thing sat there dead ,no beeps,,not a glimmer of life.
Mailed the company,swopped it,put new one in,,still dead,tried alternative pci slots,took out other cards,no joy.
tried it in another machine,,whoopee do,worked fine.
Any suggestions? shouldnt all standard cards work in all machines? Am I missin somethin here?
System specs.
Gigabyte GA-6vx7+ board,celeron 566,512 mb ram,ati rage/pro 32mb AGP,seagate 20gb HDD,conexant modem,Dlink 10/100 ethernet,soundblalster 128.ricoh7120 cdrw,dvd drive.

Relevancy 56.76%

Wanting to add USB 3.0 to my existing AMD system and am seeking input from those that may have already been down this path. The LaCie LaCie USB 3.0 PCI Express Card looks pretty interesting but I have no experience with their products ... any feedback would be appreciated.

A:What's the best USB 3.0 expansion card

There's not much magic in USB expansion cards. The card you mention will work fine as long as your motherboard has an accessible PCI-e X1 slot

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-the-best-usb-3-0-expansion-card.159465/
Relevancy 56.33%

Looking for a quality USB 3.0 expansion card with an NEC chipset. All the ones on Newegg seem too be made by no names.

Thanks in advance

A:Please recommend a USB 3.0 expansion card

I just looked on NewEgg. Rosewill and Transcend are not no-names in my book. They make decent gear.

Newegg.com - usb3 pci card

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/36680-please-recommend-usb-3-0-expansion-card.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I upgraded the memory in a computer, booted up the computer and new memory was accepted. I shut down the computer and installed an SMC network card in a computer. I went to boot the computer up and I got three high pitched beeps, followed by a pause, then a low tone noise. Everything boots up except the monitor will not come on. I have taken out the additional memory I put in, have taken this computer completely apart and reassembled it and when I boot it up I still get the beeps and the monitor will not respond. I have double checked all the jumpers. Any clue to what this could be?

A:Installed Expansion Card

From that pattern, it sounds like a video problem.
Might be the Video Cards is loose in the socket. Take it out and try reinstalling it again. Also, check to see if there is any dirt/etc. on the contacts. An old trick is to use a pencil eraser to clean the contacts. Likewise, blow out any dust/etc. in system.

Also, does it work without the SMC network card installed?

Another possibility is that it got a static charge when you were installing the network card.If that happened, the only thing that you can do is replace it.

Hope this helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installed-expansion-card.71856/
Relevancy 56.33%

What expansion card can I use? I have the Acer ATC-605-UR51 desktop AKA the TC-605. I seem to have two expansion slots inside. One is smaller, and I used it for this USB 3.0 card. One is larger. I wanted to have some USB 2.0 ports and purchase this card, but it did not fit. What can I buy? Thanks!!!!

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/What-expansion-card-can-I-use-I-have-the-Acer-ATC-605-UR51/td-p/458364
Relevancy 56.33%

The PCI card (Adaptec 29160N RAID) is 32-bit but the expansion slot on the motherboard (Super Micro P4DPR-6GM+) is 64-bit 66MHz PCI (3.3V). The card's POST doesn't show up during boot. Is this because it's 32-bit and the slot is 64-bit?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/32-bit-card-on-a-64-bit-expansion-slot.860644/
Relevancy 56.33%

installed the sata pci epansion card but did not get the pop up to say installing new hard ware looked in the device manager and only new thing there is in the storage controller section and that is a via raid controller 3249 the card im trying to get working is the via vt6421a chipset i have had this same card working before but not this time any ideas to get windows to detect this card i have tryed evertthing i could think of before i ask for help thanks for any help i get i have two new cards and nieither one gets found

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sata-pci-expansion-card-358419.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I am working on an older MB, a Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3. I want to use Sata 3 for connecting my SSD and hard drive. The only onboard SATA 3 connections are GSATA using a Marvell controller. I have read these are not very good and not as fast as Intel ICH10.

Do I need to buy an expansion card? If so, can anyone recommend one?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/385864-gsata-expansion-card-gigabyte-mb.html
Relevancy 55.47%

JohnWill said:

I'd stick with the NEC chipset for expansion USB 2.0 cards, here's an alternative: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16815166002

This should work in any desktop system with a spare PCI slot.Click to expand...

i have a dell 8200 dimension and i bought a pci card to upgrade my computer to 2.0 usb port and it is not supported and it wont work as far as 2.0 speed. sorry for butting in to this thread but i was quite dissapointed. did i get the wrong info? and can i truly upgrade my machine?

A:USB 2.0 Expansion Card Doesn't work

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread. I've created a new thread for your issue here. Thanks for your cooperation.

RE your issue: It would help if you told us what specific card you purchased, and what the exact symptoms are.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-2-0-expansion-card-doesnt-work.513163/
Relevancy 55.47%

Okay so I have the Corsair Force GT Series 120GB SSD. Its port's are Sata 3 and well my motherboard is a MSI Pro-E long story short it does not have a sata 3 port. So my question is there anything out there I can buy that does have a sata 3 port like something that will hook on the PCI slot's or something. I basically dont wanna have to buy a new mother board but I still wanna get the amazing speeds because right now im getting half its peformance anyways please write back soon. If you give me a link to a product I prefer www.newegg.com and my max budget is $50.​

A:Expansion card with SATA III ports for SSD?

You will need a free PCI-E slot. But this should get the job done.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816150031

I do not know much about the brand. But it does have 5 Eggs on Newegg.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/expansion-card-with-sata-iii-ports-for-ssd.183425/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello I am expansion Sata 3 for card Solved: a newbie and need some help I have purchased one Samsung PRO SSD GB solid state drive and plan to install a brand new retail version of Windows on it plus no more than probably to favorite applications such as Google Internet Explorer Microsoft Office etc I have around a year computer that has SATA ports on the motherboard with all expansion slots unused My computer is a HP a f pavilion desktop http support hp com us-en document c http h www hp com hpsc doc public display docId c It has the following unused expansion slots PCI Express x slot PCI Express x slots PCI slot I have also purchased two separate but identical WD TB hard disk drives WD Black My one SSD and two HDD s have the Sata III interface but my motherboard has only Sata II From much research I have decided that to get the full or Solved: expansion card for Sata 3 close to GB s provided by Sata I would purchase a Sata expansion card I also determined that to get a Sata expansion card that has a X interface would put Solved: expansion card for Sata 3 me close to GB s and thus get the full potential out of my new sata drives I have chosen the HighPoint Rocket L -Port SATA Gbps PCIe x Host Bus Adapter http www bhphotovideo com c product -REG HighPoint R L ROCKET L INT PRT html as it has a X interface It don t think my motherboard is configured for RAID as I don t see the needed controller or anything in BIOS that mentions RAID and that s OK with me So hopefully I could use the JBOD mode as I don t have to have raid anyway and use the X card to get the maximum potential of my three Sata drives I am not a gamer and don t plan to use the X slot for anything Solved: expansion card for Sata 3 else Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am not experienced enough to make these decisions on my own Aprilair nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

The USB expansion card is a Via Vectro vt USB card PCI expansion causes CMOS error that I scavenged from an old build whose motherboard fried when the cooling fan suddenly stopped working it was an OLD build CPU couldn't shut off automatically when the temp got too high and I know most boards have been able to do that for about years It was tested working in another PC emachines T its older than my little sister but it still works so I use it to test stuff I upgraded it from mb to mb of RAM which can comfortably run Windows with aero turned off although I do dual boot with Android x because PCI USB expansion card causes CMOS error why not so I PCI USB expansion card causes CMOS error know the card isn't broken The PC I'm trying to install it in PCI USB expansion card causes CMOS error is a Lenovo Thinkserver TS which I upgraded to gb RAM ECC of course I know I don't need enterprise grade stuff but I hate blue screens and corrupted files and put a TB Seagate Barracuda in When I put the USB expansion card into the PCI slot and press the power button it gives me a CMOS error beeps which means the card is incompatible with the BIOS This doesn't make sense to me because PCI-e the Lenovo is supposed to be software backwards compatible with PCI the expansion card How do I get it to work EDIT Its a full-size pcie so its not like I'm trying to stick a big card into a tiny hole

A:PCI USB expansion card causes CMOS error

Ah... you've transported us all back to the bad old days of the IRQ error (Interrupt ReQuest).

At that time there were only 15 IRQs and it was quite common to need to manually change a new device's IRQ position so that it did not conflict with another device, freezing the system.

Modern PCs use the APIC system which greatly expands the number of IRQs and reduces the possibility of conflicts.
But this system relies on Plug-and-Play devices to automatically configure the IRQs. That is why the vast majority of people reading this will have never heard of it.

Can you get into your BIOS settings with this card installed?

You could try the card in a different PCI slot if you have one. That would sometimes change the IRQ in older systems.

You might also try doing a ClearCMOS procedure with the card plugged in. That may force the system to reassign IRQs for all the P&P devices and free up whatever IRQ that old card insists it has to have.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/357797-pci-usb-expansion-card-causes-cmos-error.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi Im wondering if there is any way to upgrade an internal graphics card in a laptop that wont break my wallet looking for someway to play games Laptop Card Video Expansion for less than - if possible If i cant upgrade the card i have a mini pci-e slot that is open is there any graphics cards that i can put into that Next option after that is usb port are there any external cards that run on usb after that how about expresscard are there any expresscard video cards after that is there any adapters Laptop Video Card Expansion like can i Laptop Video Card Expansion adapt an expresscard right into a pci-e port i dont care if its hanging out or if i have to plug in a separate power cord I know Magma has an enclosure through expresscard but the damn things like so i might as well by a new laptop if im gonna shell out that much Ive looked at ViDock which is about does anyone have any experience with that but i was hoping for an even cheaper solution if possible and i dont care what it looks like if it looks like i just ripped a desktop apart and its hanging out next to my laptop i dont care as long as it works is cheap and is semi portable any information and help is greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Laptop Video Card Expansion

It would be good to know your current laptop brand and model, OS, configuration, and memory possibilities,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-video-card-expansion.131632/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello I am having problems with direct booting into Windows installed into a VHDX file Possible After Black Fixing Screen Boot From Menu Manager][SOLVED] Only F12 UEFI Booting POST. [Boot Boot Issues: BIOS BIOS This is a four-partition UEFI boot on a GPT drive EFI files are residing on a second partition of disk the ESP partition [Boot Manager][SOLVED] Fixing UEFI Boot Issues: Black Screen After BIOS POST. Booting Only Possible From BIOS F12 Boot Menu in the EFI [Boot Manager][SOLVED] Fixing UEFI Boot Issues: Black Screen After BIOS POST. Booting Only Possible From BIOS F12 Boot Menu folder The boot virtual nbsp disk is residing on the fourth partition of that disk When I turn on the PC it shows black screen after the BIOS POST screen No Windows boot menu no other information is displayed However if I press Shift F or F to start Dell BIOS Boot Menu and choose Windows Boot Manager from the UEFI part of the boot menu Windows starts to boot without difficulties How do I make Windows to boot automatically without having to select Windows Boot Manager in DELL BIOS boot menu I believe I messed up with boot sector somehow What needs to be fixed provided that Windows will boot into VHDX file Thank you Well this is the world we live in And these are the hands we're given

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0c77735a-be10-4e1e-a4c1-568917f4a54f/boot-managersolved-fixing-uefi-boot-issues-black-screen-after-bios-post-booting-only-possible?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 55.47%

After reading this http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Why-is-the-M2-PCIE-slot-speed-capped-to-1-5GBs-...I found out my M.2 slot is the same with 592G that mean if i get BIOS update my 591G can support M.2 Nvme ssd too is that right?  

A:Will VN7-591G get Pcie SSD bios update?

Hi, It would be nice to include support for 591G as well for NvMe. It looks like it does not require any special hardware changes, except a BIOS update (of course and the NVMe SSD). Here is a method how it could be done. http://www.win-raid.com/t871f16-Guide-How-to-get-full-NVMe-support-for-Intel-Chipset-systems-from-Se... But when you have such an expensive notebook I would not try it personally, if I would be unable to restore a backup BIOS if something goes wrong? What does acer say about this? Could acer do the BIOS update for NVMe support for VN7-591G? 

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Will-VN7-591G-get-Pcie-SSD-bios-update/td-p/443466
Relevancy 55.47%

After reading this http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Why-is-the-M2-PCIE-slot-speed-capped-to-1-5GBs-...I found out my M.2 slot is the same with 592G that mean if i get BIOS update my 591G can support M.2 Nvme ssd too is that right?  

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Will-VN7-591G-get-Pcie-SSD-bios-update/td-p/443466/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi, I would like to know if that Optimized pcie x4 NVMe SSD Bios update will work on my VN7-791G. It's listed for the VN7-792G as well as updated Realtek audio drivers that aren't listed for mine (although same Realtek audio) so I don't see why there would be a conflict. Same with the Synaptics touchpad driver. I'm thinking maybe the Acer update page just isn't up to date on my older Nitro. I can see  how the Intel Chipset driver would not work (I think) since I am running Haswell not Skylake. Any help would be appreciated. 

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Optimized PCIE SSD Bios update

Hi, It will not work to be short. The checkum will see that the BIOS is not designed for the 791G and it will not install it. Also from where are you sure that 791G has Nvme support?

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Optimized-PCIE-SSD-Bios-update/td-p/433492/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 55.04%

I am installing a PCI expansion card that provides a second LPT interface for attaching an external ZIP drive to a computer. The system currently has one LPT interface, using the standard IO assignments to which a printer is attached. I Followed ESD procedures to install the card. After I physically installed in the system and restarted, the computer locked up when the Windows GUI interface loaded. The computer runs Windows ME. Can anyone give me a list of steps I should take to isolate the cause of the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-pci-expansion-card-providing-lpt-interface.297617/
Relevancy 55.04%

My friend runs causing problems 9 card with PCI printers! expansion USB his own CD duplicating business and to print onto the CDs USB expansion PCI card causing problems with 9 printers! he has CD printers x Epson R x R Originally he had of each all connected to his front panel and rear USB and it worked USB expansion PCI card causing problems with 9 printers! fine In order to connect the new R s he bought a PCI expansion card http www scan co uk Products Scan- -Port-PCI-USB -Card-NEC-Chipset-PC-MAC-OSX-Compatible-Hi-End This worked but was a bit troublesome it USB expansion PCI card causing problems with 9 printers! kept giving various errors He tested the PCI expansion card by plugging in his external CD Drive and it could only burn at x When he had all printers plugged in he changed one from being plugged in to the expansion card and connected it to the rear mobo USB and the power cut out Since then he s had various problems with the printers and wants me to format his PC and install everything from scratch He s tried reinstalling the printers I can give a detailed list of the problems if needed He s got a custom built PC with he thinks a Tagan PSU thats W So it shouldn t be a power thing as USB doesn t draw much does it V His mobo is a Abit IC G Can get any more info thats needed Basically I m hoping you guys of much knowledge can help me out with these questions - Do PCI expansion cards work as well as onboard USB Should he have got a branded card e g http www scan co uk Products Belkin-Hi-Speed-USB - -Port-PCI-Card- F U VEA - Is this the best setup for using this many printers Should he have a nd PC with of them plugged in or even something fancy like a print server not sure how they would accomodate printers Any tips or suggestions would be really needed Thanks for reading Dan Gent nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

I'm looking for a PCI USB card that has internal headers for connecting front panel and internal readers. Anyone know of such a beast? It needs to have the NEC USB chipset, no VIA or ALi chipsets please.

Relevancy 55.04%

I currently have harddrives installed in my computer of which are SATA the th is IDE this one isn t actually plugged in right now I also have a SATA BluRay drive making SATA connections which uses all of my SATA expansion / card for Need suggestions RAID motherboard s available ports I m quickly running out of storage space imagine that and am looking into a PCI SATA card I ve Need suggestions for RAID / SATA expansion card found a few that have external ports but I need then to be internal Can anyone recommend me a decent affordable SATA expansion card with at least internal ports RAID capabilities might be nice but it isn t something I m looking at using just yet so it isn t a requirement I also understand that I ll need a more powerful PSU I m looking at an W with modular cables to reduce clutter Right now I m using a W Also I know someone might want to suggest external drives I d like to stay away from them I ve just never liked external drives and the last thing I need is something else to clutter up my desk So does anyone have any suggestions nbsp

A:Need suggestions for RAID / SATA expansion card

Do you have any PCI-express slots available on your motherboard? Unless your PSU is really poor quality you don't need to upgrade just to support additional drives.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-suggestions-for-raid-sata-expansion-card.154256/
Relevancy 55.04%

Can an Intel 3160.HMWG.R Dual Band Wireless AC + Bluetooth Mini PCIe card Supports 2.4 and 5.8 be installed the Aspire AXC 603 UB17 expansion card slot?   Will this be recognized by Windows 10? https://www.amazon.com/Intel-3160-HMWG-R-Wireless-Bluetooth-Supports/dp/B00MY9EVHI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF... 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Aspire-AXC-603-UB17-expansion-card-slot/td-p/442600
Relevancy 55.04%

Can an Intel 3160.HMWG.R Dual Band Wireless AC + Bluetooth Mini PCIe card Supports 2.4 and 5.8 be installed the Aspire AXC 603 UB17 expansion card slot?   Will this be recognized by Windows 10? https://www.amazon.com/Intel-3160-HMWG-R-Wireless-Bluetooth-Supports/dp/B00MY9EVHI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF... 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Aspire-AXC-603-UB17-expansion-card-slot/td-p/442600/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,

I'm using a Dell Precision 690 (Intel 5000X chipset) which does not support SATA 3 or greater than 2TB drives.

I plan on buying a PCIe HBA to solve this problem, either the High Point RocketRaid 640, 640L or 620 (but will take suggestions.)

If I go with the 640, I'd prefer to disable the on board SAS/SATA BIOS and put all 4 internal disks on the new PCIe HBA. If I do this, will it cause Win7 Pro 64bit to need to be re-activated (i.e. reinstalled) due to HW change? This has happened when I change the motherboard, but what about just the HBA?

Thanks

A:Replace (disable) BIOS HDA to use PCIe HBA w/out reinstall?

So far, changing the SATA controller has not resulted in any problem. The product key is still valid. Windows Update doesn't turn up any new updates since this HW was installed. I typically have "something" at least once a week.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/275042-replace-disable-bios-hda-use-pcie-hba-w-out-reinstall.html
Relevancy 54.61%

HI My system is built around the Asus Z pro wi-fi motherboard currently in bios m.2 ssd XP941 Samsung not pcie 512gb seen running windows on a Plextor gb M ssd on a pcie bracket the speeds are expected for this SSD it is seen in bios no probs For christmas I was given these http www amazon co uk gp product B J V S psc amp redirect true amp ref oh aui detailpage o s and http www amazon co uk gp product B MOXDGYI psc amp redirect true amp ref oh aui detailpage o s I have taken the plextor m out of the pcie slot and replaced it with the xp gb SSD placed in the top slot of the Bplus pcie bracket When entering bios the new ssd is not seen thus I cannot do a fresh install of windows onto the m ssd in the pcie bracket I have updated my z pro bios to the latest listed on the asus support website to no avail bios will still not see the new ssd I want the ssd mounted in the pcie bracket and not the m slot on the board as I need all the sata ports Please help Many thanks nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

Dear Forumer, I'm trying to use 2 graphic card via expansion slot to provides 2 display monitors however, the system only detect 1 graphic card even I installed two graphic cards. I'm using window 10, 64 bits OS. graphic card used1. 128MB ATI RADEONx600 SE2. NVIDIA Quodra 600 Please advice. Thanks 

A:Expansion slot for graphic Card for HP Z220 CMT Workstation

@Dr_Saiful?, welcome to the forum. Here is the Maintenance and Service Guide for the computer.  Beginning on Page 26 you will find the Workstation Specifications.  In the specs it says that two video cards can be used as long as the required wattage is no more than 150W.  I suspect that you may be exceeding the wattage of your power supply unit (PSU). Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Expansion-slot-for-graphic-Card-for-HP-Z220-CMT-Workstation/td-p/5693636
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello everyone nbsp nbsp I recently purchased a PNY Geforce GT GB video card for my HP Pavilion p I upgraded the power supply to w to make sure I could handle it but I seem to be running into an issue and I am approaching this forum to confirm what I've researched and see if the options I've identified will help any nbsp A brief summary of my story so far nbsp My brother and I are trying to play the elder scrolls online The system requirements are nbsp http www geforce com games-applications pc-games elder-scrolls-online system-requirements nbsp So I thought that I would go buy a boot preventing up? card graphics version Bios graphics card at best buy that would work So I bought the PNY GeForce GT and then when Bios version preventing graphics card boot up? I thought the wasn t working because of the slot size which is dumb now in retrospect I think nbsp http www bestbuy com site pny-nvidia-geforce-gt- - gb-ddr -pci-express- - -graphics-card-black nbsp But to no avail my computer boots up and then stalls at the hp screen before beeping at me We read it has something to do with the Bios setting but we tried to find the display adapter closest we came was bus settings and eventually we came across this topic in the hp support forum which makes me think im screwed with that particular card nbsp http h www hp com t Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions PNY-NVIDIA-GeForce-GT- - GB-DD nbsp The guy on the forum gave the other guy some options but I have no idea if it ll work since he has a different computer Right now the leading candidate is the Asus radeon hd GB found at the below link nbsp http www microcenter com product Radeon HD Low Profile GB DDR PCIe x Video Card nbsp I know it s cheap but I don t even care my question is will it work at all or will I just have the same result nbsp If anyone can help that would be great if not I understand Thanks nbsp Nate nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Bios-version-preventing-graphics-card-boot-up/td-p/5673652
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey there,

So, I bought a new graphics card and installed it. Old card was a Nvidia Geforce 7900GS, new one is a Gigabyte Geforece Series 9500GT.

Now, my computer won't boot up, claiming 'reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device.'

I'm running XP. I can get into my Bios, but nothing seems to help. I CANNOT get into safe mode, no matter when I hit F8. I've read in some forums that sometimes the hard drive is not recognized, and this may be the case, since in my Bios Boot menu under HDD Broup Boot priority it says 'not installed'.

My old graphics card had a slot that the hard drive plugged into. The new one does not, but even switching back to the old does not help.

Any ideas?

A:Can't boot after graphics card installation/Bios not detecting HDD?

"My old graphics card had a slot that the hard drive plugged into"... Are you talking about a black, black, red, yellow 4-wire power plug? You need to make sure you plug this back into the hard drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-boot-after-graphics-card-installation-bios-not-detecting-hdd.124263/
Relevancy 53.75%

I am planning to get a Transcend 128GB JetDrive Lite 130 Flash Expansion Card supported by Macbook. Wanted to check if this would be supportable on Lenovo Ideapad 710S as well? I have a SD card, but it does not go completely in. Any other alternative of increasing storage space? Lenovo is not helping in replacing the SSD. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Lenovo-ideapad-710s-supports-Flash-Expansion-Card/td-p/3421896
Relevancy 53.75%

High guys, i have this PC model, which is great for me as its small and allows me to hook up my TV box to it, so i can watch tv through my PC.
However, I would love to be able to play some of the high end games which require a good graphics card, so I am looking for a slimline model with a single expansion plate (I have no idea what that means!)
I currently have the NVIDIA Geforce 5700VE which is just not good enough. So I was wondering if someone could help me out finding a really good graphics card that would fit the requirements of my Aopen XC cube.
Thanks!

A:slimline model graphics card with a single expansion plate??

By the way the specs of my PC are:

Windows XP professional, service pack 2
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00GHZ (2CPUs)
1024 Ram
DirectX 9.0c
NVIDIA Geforce FX 5700VE, 256MB Memory (What I want to upgrade!)

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slimline-model-graphics-card-with-a-single-expansion-plate.71246/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello,
I want to add USB 3.0 to my motherboard, but I encountered 2 types : one which is a pcie card that provides USB 3.0 output to the rear,for example this one : 2 Port USB 3 0 PCI Express PCIe Adapter Controller Card Low Profile | eBay
And one is, a front panel USB 3.0 output (with some card readers) , but instead of card connected to the PCIE slot, there is a small PCIE connection,for example this one :DC 4 Pin USB 2 0 9 Pin 3 5" Front Panel PCI E to USB 3 0 4 Port Hub Card Reader | eBay

And I was wondering if the front panel will work without having a dedicated usb 3.0 card like the first link.
I am wondering about that because , the dedicated rear PCIE card seems much larger and with many more components than the small PCIE connector of the front panel one ( I hope you get what I'm trying to ask )

A:USB 3.0 PCIE card

Yes the bottom front panel unit will power off the PSU and grab it's USB 3.0 off the PCIE slot and then the USB 2.0 off a free mobo USB 2.0 header.

The first is only (2) USB 3.0 to the rear and the internal connector again is for power from the PSU.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/297208-usb-3-0-pcie-card.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Plan to order from newegg, can you guys help me pick one out.
thanks.

This is my MB btw
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813135239

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-the-best-pcie-usb-3-0-card.162117/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have an Asus AH3650 graphics card and I am trying to work out if it is AGP or PCIe, I am pretty confused, here is a link to an image

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/571/dsc2489w.jpg

Can anyone advise ?

Cheers

Lentil

Relevancy 53.32%

I just purchased a Dell Inspiron 570 which has integrated ATI 4200 Graphics and does have one PCIe 16x expansion slot. I emailed Dell Support to find out what "flavor" this slot is, ie. will it take a 2.0 and/or 2.1 PCIe card. The response was that it is GEN2 and will accept a 2.0 card..........did NOT mention 2.1 though. Most of the cards that I am looking at are 2.1 cards..........does someone here know IF I would be asking for problems buying a 2.1 PCIe card to install in that slot that Dell tells me will accept 2.0???

Thanks michael

A:Can I use a PCIe 2.1 card?

The cards are backward compatible to the older spec.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-use-a-pcie-2-1-card.150917/
Relevancy 53.32%

Im going to bite the bullet and get a real gfx card... I have to get a pci-express card and it has to be able to run aero ... and be under $75.00 ... any recommendations??

A:PCIE card

Here is my suggestion . Free Game too Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100254HDMI Radeon HD 4650 1GB 128-bit DDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards If you like ATI/ Nvidia http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814500130

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/53636-pcie-card.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi all I m having to build a new system after my current motherboard fried and I need help in the video area I currently have a Gainward GeForce Ti AGP x card with MB and I have been very happy with it for all the games that I play Because I m replacing my motherboard with a socket AMD Athlon CPU I need card - now PCIe Need AGP card to have compares that I HELP! to find a PCIe graphics card that will have comparable gaming performance as my current though very old AGP card I would rather not spend more money Need PCIe card that compares to AGP card I have now - HELP! than necessary but I need to get a card that performs at least as well as my old one so that my kids can keep playing the games they are already used to If anyone can help I would really appreciate it I ve been out of the loop so to speak for too long and need some experienced advice Also if anyone can offer QUICK advice I d really appreciate it I need to order the parts ASAP so I can rebuild the system before they come back home Many thanks Jack nbsp

A:Need PCIe card that compares to AGP card I have now - HELP!

use this chart , this will be the easiest way for you to find a comparible card. if you're interested in an ATI card, then use this chart

it will be very easy to find a suitable replacement for that card. video cards have advanced so fast over the last couple years that it will be hard to find a card with specs as low as the TI200.

good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-pcie-card-that-compares-to-agp-card-i-have-now-help.52911/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a dell sc 440 server with a PCIe x8, PCIe x4, PCIe x1, and PCI slot but NO PCIe x16 slot.
Some say PCIe x8, and PCIe x4 are only for RAID and SCSI drives and will not even recognize a video card. I just need a card that is capable of 3D graphics, HD resolution and Direct X 9.0. Does one exist that will fit in any of these slots? I have searched and am totally confused what the truth is here.

A:Is there a PCIe x8 video card?

I know of someone that actually cut the PCB of a graphics card from x16 down to x1. They did this because they only had a x1 card slot and needed the cards processing capability without needing a lot of bandwidth.

PCIe x16 has pinouts to sense the presence of x1, x4, x8 and x16 functionality.
PCIe x8 has pinouts to sense the presence of x1, x4, and x8 functionality.
PCIe x4 has pinouts to sense the presence of x1, and x4, functionality.
Do you see a pattern? Basically if the card fits the slot, it should work. Some slots are even open on the end allowing for x16 cards to fit in lower bandwidth slots. Some slots are even long enough for x16 cards but only pinned for x8 functionality.

When connecting in Crossfire and SLI, some motherboards will drop the graphics cards from x16 functionality down to x8 functionality.

After looking at these thoughts; I see no reason why you couldn't get any graphics card to work, if you are willing to do a little modification.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-there-a-pcie-x8-video-card.180790/
Relevancy 52.89%

I got a new USB 3.0 4-port card in the mail today. I installed the card and Windows could not find the driver for it. It came with a CD which has drivers for every product they make so I don't know which one to install. Of course there were no instructions and it came from, right China and I don't see a product brand on the box. I contacted the shipper but don't hold out much hope for a reply. I am about to write this off as a loss. Anyone have any ideas on where I might find a driver?
Thanks,

A:Driver for USB 3.0 PCIe Card

Here is a process to identify your card using the Ven and Dev numbers.

How To Find Unknown Device Drivers By Their Vendor & Device ID

Going out to eat and will return later.

Hope this helps.

Jim

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/337753-driver-usb-3-0-pcie-card.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hiya I have a sata 1 motherboard on a windows 7 system Im trying to fit a pci e sata II card the question is do I need to install drivers first.ive gave it a try and the pc wont boot when i connect a ssd boot drive to the card, I thought it would just plug and play
regards..............

A:pcie sata II card

Before connecting a drive to the card, install the drivers from the disc or the manufacturer's website. If you just installed the card and then hooked up a drive to the card, more than likely, Windows will not be able to see the drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/116406-pcie-sata-ii-card.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello all I searched but did not find any threads on a USB card So if I missed one just hit me over the head okay Now for the question I see lots of back panel USB cards for PCIe slots PCIe USB in x16 card slot? 3.0 But can you plug that card into USB 3.0 PCIe card in x16 slot? a PCI-Ex slot AND have it work Or will they only work on a PCI-Ex slot Reason being I am looking at buying an MSI FXA-GD MoBo I want to use the second card slot X for my video card the fifth card slot PCI for my TV tuner card and the bottom seventh card slot X for the USB card Since this MoBo only has two rear panel USB connectors I am wanting to add a few more This arrangement will leave lots of room for air flow between cards If I put the video card at the bottom slot it will be right on top of my PSU and I don't want that Also any recommendations on which USB card to get The more ports the better Thanks USB 3.0 PCIe card in x16 slot? Bruce

A:USB 3.0 PCIe card in x16 slot?

Hi there LindenBruce

Yes, you can.
It will not occupy all lanes, but it will function PROPERLY.
That was a very common question when PCI-e was first introduced.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/350139-usb-3-0-pcie-card-x16-slot.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Well, just messin around on my comp i like to check the temp of my vcard periodically, but something was wrong. I notice that my sli geforce 7800's bus says x8.

Is this because its SLi? or is it because of some other thing i need to configure?

Both my board and cards are x16, i just checked.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-pcie-x16-card-bus-only-reads-x8.467598/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi there - I installed a new Etron 4-port USB3 PCIE card today, and to my surprise it seems not to want to transfer files between two USB3 drives. Is that normal?

(I am going through my PC, which is still relatively fast, but a PITA! )

Thanks.

A:USB3 to USB 3 on a PCIE card

did you install drivers for it?

Also, did you connect the molex power connector? It needs more power than what PCIe can give to keep alive more than one USB3 device.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/271073-usb3-usb-3-pcie-card.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey i just received a PCIE card from a friend Its a Nivida Series card IM sure its a PCIE card but it should still be computable with a regular PCIE slot My problem is that the computer dose not see the card But my card dose receive power because the fan runs at a steady pace I am running windows vista i know face palm right Quad core possessor I checked my bios PCIE working card not and there was an option under video to change what slot it looks in for the video adapter the options are Auto PCIE card not working Integrated PCIE or PCI Its set on Auto I was going to change it to PCIE but out of fear of never being able to switch it back i decided that would be my last resort Besides it should at PCIE card not working least bring the card up in my device manager right but it shows nothing Another thing that may be causing this Is an unrecognized PCI slot on my motherboard or so i think that s what it is the unknown device reads quot PCI simple Communications controller quot Any ideas on that BTW i tried the PCIE card not working card in my mothers computer who also had a PCIE slot and it did the same thing Ive already tried disabling integrated graphics and it did int even acknowledge the card Id like to give more specs on the card but i have no idea seeing as how i bought it from a co-worker without a cd besides how hard could finding drivers for it be anyway So please help Im in desperate need of this card to work my fear is that it is damaged in some way But lets not assume the worst thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pcie-card-not-working.910413/
Relevancy 52.89%

My friend recently bought a ATI Radeon HD 3650, he asked me to put it in his PC for him and i said ok. Opened it up and the only slot he has is Regular PCI and its a PCIe card. Is there anyway to make this work? Unfourtnatley he got the card at Circuit City for a deal, going out of buisness sale. Means no returns. Anything at all we can do or is it a waste?

A:PCIe Graphics Card

No, there's no way to make it work. Two different slots. Two different technologies.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pcie-graphics-card.813321/
Relevancy 52.89%

Looking for a Pcie x4 Sata 3 with usb 3.0 card.
I want to add Sata 3 support to add a ssd. Also I want to add usb 3.0 support. I want to stay below $100. Any ideas?

A:Looking for a Pcie x4 Sata 3 with usb 3.0 card

I don't recall seing a card that will do both. You may try looking for 2 cards. I'm pretty sute you can find an X1 USB 3.0, then look for a sata3 card.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/174490-looking-pcie-x4-sata-3-usb-3-0-card.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello all,

I just acquired what seems to be a really old PCIe ATI card that I can't seem to install correctly. I went to the ATI support site and the drivers for the card just don't seem to work. Is there a specific order to follow when installing a GPU -- sorry, its been a while.

It doesn't go into a PCI slot but its the bigger one, looks like a big ole' AGP card but it has a sticker right on the card that says PCIe.

I can only find the drivers for a Radeon HD2600XT and I'm not sure if those are the correct drivers or not. When I first installed it everything went well and it installed correctly but the XP hardware wizard wasn't satisfied. So it doesn't fully install -- note, I do not have the original discs -- but just need the most up to date drivers.

Any help is appreciated. Happy holidays

A:ATI 2600XT PCIe card

there isn't a sticker on the bottom? there should be one with a string of numbers and the card model should be buried in that

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/262708-ati-2600xt-pcie-card.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Am searching for such an USB expansion card but I can't seem to find any with a 9-Pin USB header connector, do such cards exist?
Could somebody point me to such if they do exist?

A:USB 3.0 PCIe card with 9-Pin USB header

USB 3.0+eSATA/USB 2.0+9 Pin to PCI-e express 1X adapter | eBay

Originally from here:

http://www.pc-adapter.net/

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/190550-usb-3-0-pcie-card-9-pin-usb-header.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I am buying my new rig next month this one http www bestbuy com site olspage amp ci sku tabbed-specifications http www bestbuy com site olspage amp ref amp loc amp ci src amp ci sku I am not on a budget however for my first pcie card i only want to spend under So i have some cards in mind dollars card under PCIE 100 and what do you guys think is the better PCIE card under 100 dollars buy Note I do not shop online anymore i only shop at retail stores offline VisionTek - ATI RADEON HD MB PCIE card under 100 dollars DDR PCI Express http www bestbuy com site olspage jsp skuId amp type product amp id GeForce GS MB DDR i think this version is the one with gb and http www bestbuy com site olspage jsp skuId amp type product amp id HD OC GB http www bestbuy com site olspage jsp skuId amp type product amp id I may come across other cheap pcie cards at other stores because i am going to drive around town a bit to different retail stores but those cards above are my choices which i like and may end up buying one The new card seems pretty good i seen someone on youtube running crysis on it at all high settings Now my question is this When it says this on the best buy page for the computer i am buying nbsp

A:PCIE card under 100 dollars

ummm general, the 4350 is a 64 bit memory interface, 40 SpU's, slow DDR2 card....aint nobody running crysis at high on this card, i dont care what you saw on youtube. not gonna happen. Geeeez

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pcie-card-under-100-dollars.122110/
Relevancy 52.89%

I got a wireless adapter for my desktop computer thats PCIe x1. My computer was ordered barebones online so the case and motherboard are not the same make. I think the back slot on the back of my case does not line up well with my PCIe x1 connector on the motherboard.

When I put the card in the bracket does not line up with the screw holes.
If I push card bracket to fit in the holes it looks like it might bend it.
How should I get it to fit?

A:Cant install PCIe card.

If you slightly loosen the mounting screws for the back plate of the card you might be able to wiggle it over enough to make it fit. I've seen a lot of cards which didn't want to fit perfectly into certain cases. In some instances I have gone ahead and bent the bracket slightly to make it fit. The key thing here is that it is more important to get good contact with the slot - the back plate is not nearly as big a deal, particularly since you have a wireless adapter and won't actually be plugging anything into it.

See if you have screws at the place marked with the red arrows. Loosen them enough to slide the mounting bracket, then tighten them back down.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/214617-cant-install-pcie-card.html
Relevancy 52.89%

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMG

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814162022

I bought it from best buy 84 bucks. About to install soon, feedback later.

A:Just bought my first ever PCIE card

ouch.... nice card though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-bought-my-first-ever-pcie-card.134853/
Relevancy 52.03%

I just bought this MSI RX800-TD256E PCIE MSI card? has x16 Who vid Radeon RX -TD E card I put it in a brand new build I m going over all the connections double-checking if everything is right I go to hook up the PCIE power connecter from the PSU The card doesn t have one I even pulled it back out and looked all over it I ve seen different versions of this card all over the Internet so I m not sure which one is the most resent Mine has a huge copper tube extreme heatsink with a fan on the bottom A large red anodized aluminum heat spreader on the top I can t seem to get an answer from MSI they Who has MSI RX800-TD256E PCIE x16 vid card? re useless Who has this card Does yours have the power connecter Did I get a bum card that they forgot to solder on the power connecter Help please before I boot this machine up Tell me I m OK it ll draw the power from the motherboard I have a pin ATX mobo It s most Who has MSI RX800-TD256E PCIE x16 vid card? definately a PCIE card not a AGP My board doesn t even have a AGP slot Specs ABIT Fatal ty AA XE Socket T LGA XE chipset Intel Motherboard XG Vortec W PSU Pentium HT GHz Geil Value Series DDR -PC GB X GB MSI Radeon RX -TD E Video Card GB SATA Hitachi Deskstars NEC DL DVD-R Samsung floppy Zip Swiftech MCX -V extreme duty heatsink w Vantec mm Tornado fan Lian Li PC- case Windows XP Professional SP not installed yet Some Linux OSs to install later SUSE Xandros The only question is the video card and how it gets it s power Then I ll juice it up and install OSs nbsp

A:Who has MSI RX800-TD256E PCIE x16 vid card?

I believe that a PCI-e card does not need a power cord attached to it. It is powered by the PCI-e slot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/who-has-msi-rx800-td256e-pcie-x16-vid-card.415730/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi everyone,I recently received my new Z640, and I having issues with detecting one PCie card that works perfectly on my "old" desktop PC (ASUS P5Q-E Motherboard). The affected PCIe card is an LSI SAS HBA 1068, where I have attached one LTO4 Tape. The BIOS is not detecting the card on any of the PCIe (it's a PCIe 8x) slots from the new Z640. I've tried to update BIOS/Firmware on the Z640 but it's still not working.Any ideas/suggestions? Do you know if there is any hardware/BIOS limitation for old/legacy cards??Best Regards,Jose Manuel Carballo

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Z640-not-detecting-PCIe-SAS-HBA-Card/td-p/5670453
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello! I recently bought two HP thunderbolt 2 PCIe Cards for my workstation (not an HP) and it seems either they were not correctly installed or I still need to download some kind of drivers or Bios. I would really apreciate any comment on how to get them working. My workstation is a Supermicro  Superserver 7048GR-TR and I used the only 2 free slots (10 and 11) to install the cards. I Have the instructive to install them in an HP Z820,Z620,Z420,OR Z230 which are similar HP models to my Supermicro Workstation, and the card comes with a set of different cables to adapt  depending on which Z model you have. The problem here is that in my workstation I have to leave that port of the card unconnected since there is no equivalent port in the mother board to connect it to. Any thoughts?Cheers!  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/thunderbolt-2-PCIe-Card-installation/td-p/5572297
Relevancy 52.03%

I am questions Video card PCIE for thinking a new video card will do me some good I currently have an on board NVIDIA GeForce SE nForce with MB There is an available PCI Express and I have found no version number so I am assuming version Also in what I found in research my system was built at about the same time as version was released All I can find in the online documentation is Quote This is the PCI Express connector on the motherboard It is used for graphics add-in cards PCI Express offers up to gigabytes per second GB s of peak bandwidth per direction and up to GB s concurrent bandwidth If I get a video card that is PCIE with a version higher than are they backward compatible I tend to use Office and other applications surf the net do some tinkering with video and image editing and watch TV in Media Center WMC currently consumes - of my CPU when I watch TV Netflix or recorded shows but only about recording them if I am not watching anything I get some occasional issues with video playback stuttering and it seems to be related to when the CPU usage spikes so I assume I would benefit from a slightly more powerful video card as it could remove Video card questions for PCIE cycles from the CPU and or not access as much shared memory Based on the above Video card questions for PCIE are there any suggestions for a video card that might help me I need a single width card due to the tuner card being in the next slot any suggestions I don't think I need anything very powerful but more than I have might be beneficial Any comments welcome

A:Video card questions for PCIE

Yes.

Even if you have a PCI-E 1.0 slot, a PCI 2.0 GPU will work in it.
They are indeed backward compatible.

if not a huge gamer:Maybe something like a HD5570, or HD4770 would do well for you. Depending on what you want to spend.
These run around $85 --> $110 and would do great for Video/photo editing and some light gaming even.

Unless you want to stick with Nvidia, but Im unsure off the top of my head what thier equivalent would be.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/67005-video-card-questions-pcie.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello,

I have a DELL Studio XPS machine. I want to install a USB 3.0 4 port PCIE card.

Have any DELL Studio XPS users added an USB 3.0. PCIE card? Where did you find the power for it.

Thanks

Stu

A:Where to obtain power for USB 3.0. PCIE card?

What make and model is the card? Most draw power from the power supply using a 15-pin SATA power cable adapter.

Something like this: Newegg.com - COOLMAX 6" Cable Model SATA POWER ADAPTER - Cables

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/189187-where-obtain-power-usb-3-0-pcie-card.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Here's the situation. I have this old mITX computer I built a few years ago that I'd like to hook up to Dad's big-screen TV so he can Skype from his living-room. Problem is, the computer is VGA only and his TV is HDMI only. The MoBo has just one PCI (not PCIe) slot with a maximum output of 75watts.

I tried a PCI video card with HDMI output, but the slot couldn't drive the card. Didn't even detect it.

I believe DVI uses less power (the cards are definitely cheaper), and I could just use a simple DVI-to-HDMI cable. A native HDMI port would be better. As long as it works, I don't care. But w/o an external power input, the card can't draw more than 75watts from the PCI slot.

Anyone know of a card that fits this very specific bill? Thx.

ADDENDUM: PC only has a tiny 300watt PSU.

A:I need a PCI (not PCIe) DVI card (either <75w or w/power input)

Check this one out: Zotac GeForce GT 610
It is a PCI Card (non express) that has DVI / VGA / HDMI. It is also a Low Profile and requires a 300w power supply or higher. It looks like it should work with your situation.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-a-pci-not-pcie-dvi-card-either-75w-or-w-power-input.212458/
Relevancy 52.03%

As the title sort of states I have a problem whereby my nVidia graphics card is being forced to run x8 running Graphics at PCIe card x1 at a PCIe speed of x even though it's a x card It's a Dell Optiplex Mini Tower specs should be here somewhere The PCIe slot on my PC should be a PCIe slot from what I could find out on the internet I've run various pieces of software including CPU-Z GPU-Z Speccy and AIDA They all report the PCI Express slot as a slot However nVidia Inspector reports the slot as a slot Not sure why On top of that the software not nVidia Inspector all report the card to be running at x though the card is a x I'll attach a Graphics card PCIe x8 running at x1 screenie of GPU-Z and you can see what it says about the PCIe status The PCI Express slot should be as far as I can tell and according to nVidia Inspector But I have no clue as to why all other software seem to say it's only I assume this is why it's running at x and not x as it should be and the slot Graphics card PCIe x8 running at x1 is x The Graphics card PCIe x8 running at x1 BIOS revision on the PC is up to date as well and there are no BIOS options to alter the way the PCI Express works Um any ideas anyone

A:Graphics card PCIe x8 running at x1

Why not use the PCI-E x16 slot?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/397852-graphics-card-pcie-x8-running-x1.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey guys, new user here.
I recently bought an XPS 8900 and been having problems adding a Samsung 950 pro ssd installed in a pcie card. I wanted to use the ssd as my boot drive and the one Terabyte hard drive as storage. I installed the drivers and can see the drive in my computer but I'm having a hard time both booting from my usb drive to install windows 7 and when trying to clone drives using Acronis. While in Acroins i can see an error message but the screen flashes pretty fast so I can see where the error is. When I try boot from my thumb drive a have gotten a few different error messages as well. 
I'll add more info as needed but wanted to get this thread going to see if maybe i'm missing a step or need to set something up in the bios.

Any help would be appreciated !
Thaks! 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19980244
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi guys and girls,

I need help. My brother's begging for XNA Creators Club Online. Hardware requirements are a graphics card that supports DirectX 9.0c and Shader Model 1.1. I need a new graphics card as my graphics cards sucks (GeForce4 MX 4000) and so does my graphics card knowledge. But I wanna change that. I have a few questions I hope someone could help answer, thanks:

1. My motherboard can plug both PCI or AGP. Could someone tell me which is superior?

2. Could anyone recommend some low end graphics card that would meet the above requirements please? My budget range is &#8356;20 to &#8356;50. MY pc spec: 1.8GHz process, with 750 RAM.

Any gems shared would be appreciated! Thanks alot techies.

Relevancy 52.03%

My wife has a Presario HP PC which we added an Nvidia GT card into a few years back It has worked fine until a week or so ago My wife told me when I got home that her PC wasn t working so I tried to boot it up There was no signal getting to the question video card PCIe monitor This PC is about years old This is what I checked I used a different monitor Same problem I plugged the monitor cable into the onboard connection Still nothing I wised up PCIe video card question and removed the from the PCIe then plugged the cable into the onboard slot We got video display then Because of the age of the PC I checked for leakage or bulging capacitors Nothing visible I plugged the into my PC and it worked fine We bought another video card to try It didn t work but the minimum specs for the card were below what her PC has Here PC has a Sempron processor and it required a higher Athlon Here is what the PC does did When it first starts up the fan s seem to quot roar quot for a couple of seconds but settles down to normal This is what this PC has done since coming out of PCIe video card question the box and I consider it normal Over the past few months it has been a bit noisier from time to time When it was louder I pulled it out to see where the noise was coming from I determined it was coming from the power supply but it did not do it all the time The PS is CoolerMaster w With the out there has been no more noise from it since When the quot no PCIe video card question signal quot problem was happening with the and the new card the quot roar quot was constant until I did a hard shut down I haven t heard of a PCIe slot going bad per se I tried to look to see is port was somehow disabled but without the card installed it didn t show up Does anyone have any ideas I have a bit more than basic knowledge of PCs but nothing compared to those of you on here We plan to replace the tower in a couple of months but my wife is Jonesing for her Sims games nbsp

A:PCIe video card question

Your description of the problem is indicitive of a power supply that is no longer providing sufficient voltage for the application. Over a period of time the output from a power supply diminishes. You most likely need a new power supply for the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pcie-video-card-question.1029432/
Relevancy 52.03%

My computer indicates that 1.5V is going to PCIe which I connected to 8800 GT. The program allows me to change the voltage. Does the graphics card draw its own required energy? Should I just leave the voltage alone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pcie-voltage-to-graphics-card.714827/