Windows Support Forum

Windows 7 Installation Stuck at "Starting Windows"

Q: Windows 7 Installation Stuck at "Starting Windows"

Hi everyone!
I've been trying to install Windows 7 on my ancient machine but it just won't install. I have run the upgrade assistant on the machine which currently runs on Windows XP SP3 x86 and it said the PC was compatible.
First I tried doing a clean setup by booting directly from disk, but the setup stopped at "Starting Windows." Next I tried installing by running autoplay, but that installation got stuck at the same point (after the PC rebooted, at "Starting Windows").
I have done a Google search and tried disabling legacy usb support from the BIOS settings, but that isn't working either.
I'd really appreciate any help I could get, thanks!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows 7 Installation Stuck at "Starting Windows"

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows 7 Installation Stuck at "Starting Windows"

Unplug all other HD's and peripherals,

Boot into BIOS setup, reset to defaults, save changes. (If an EFI BIOS you'll need to decide if you want UEFI BIOS vs. Legacy BIOS. If UEFI follow these special steps for Install, otherwise enable Legacy BIOS or Compatibility Support Module to proceed with normal install.) Set DVD drive first to boot, HD second, set SATA controller to AHCI, Save changes and Exit.

Then boot into Windows 7 installer DVD or flash stick burned or written using tool and latest ISO for your licensed OS version here. Your installer is suspect so replace it now.

At first installer screen Press Shift + F10, or enter System Recovery Options to open a Command Box, type:

DISKPART
LIST DISK
SELECT DISK 0 (after confirming Windows 7 target HD #)
CLEAN
CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY
FORMAT FS=NTFS LABEL="WINDOWS 7"
ACTIVE
EXIT
EXIT

Next click Install Now, then Custom install to Clean Install Windows 7 to the partition you created. If it fails then report back at which step and the verbatim error message.

In addition read over these steps to understand the tools and methods which work best to get and maintain a perfect Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7. The steps are the same for retail.

After install you can adjust partition size or Create new partitions for data, etc. in Disk Mgmt. You are creating the partition here for the purpose of wiping the HD and marking Active which overcomes certain install failures.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/299807-windows-7-installation-stuck-starting-windows.html
Relevancy 101.99%

Hello, I have a desktop here where any type of OS installations won't work. If installing Windows the installation get stuck at "Starting Windows" or can't find installation media.During the hang, my hard drive makes a clicking noise for like 10 secs and then stops. If installing Linux distributions, the installation reports that the device for the media is not ready. Any help is appreciated

PC
Acer Aspire AX1430G-UW30P
AMD E-450 dual core processor
AMD Radeon HD 6300 graphics

BTW im not sure if it's BIOS because I don't know if it's UEFI or EFI

A:Windows installation stuck at "Starting Windows" or "Device not ready" for linux

The clicking sound could be a bad HDD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-installation-stuck-at-starting-windows-or-device-not-ready-for-linux-1143458.html
Relevancy 95.48%

Good morning people of Seven Forums My laptop which is an Acer Apsire V - P touchscreen Windows laptop for some reason I cannot install Windows on another partition without any problems So I created a GB partition or so in Windows and tried to boot off of the Windows disk The first problem occurs and I cannot boot from the disk It gets stuck right when the Windows color balls are about Clean "Starting Stuck Windows Dual-Boot is Installation Windows" on 7 to get together I disabled secure boot and fast startup which means it cannot be the problem I Windows 7 Clean Dual-Boot Installation is Stuck on "Starting Windows" figured out a nice workaround to the problem I booted into Windows and started the Windows install from within Windows The install went smoothly on the partition Then after one hour of installing and going through the 'Expand Windows Files' and stuff boom I'm stuck on quot Starting Windows quot Windows is still bootable and a Windows option is available on the graphical Windows Boot Menu I have waited for up to hours before and it still cannot boot past this screen I have tried all sorts of Windows disks with no avail Many of them are disks that come from the Digital River ISOs provided here on Seven Forums So after about installs I decided to wait and wait until my computer goes past this step But no It has been stuck at quot Starting Windows quot for right under hours now I know from previous experiences that Windows does not take this long to install My desktop took around - minutes to install and I don't know what to do Thanks Matthew LCT a System Specifications Model Acer Aspire V - CPU Intel Core i RAM GB GB usable OEM OS Windows Home Edition x Year of Manufacture

A:Windows 7 Clean Dual-Boot Installation is Stuck on "Starting Windows"

Are you installing to UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with - Windows 7 Forums?

If UEFI you may need to enable CSM or LEgacy BIOS to get Win7 to install, set UEFI First to Boot. Then you must choose the UEFI DVD choice to boot the disk.

Otherwise you can Bypass UEFI to Install WIn7.

If this is a normal BIOS then look over these steps for Overcoming Windows 7 Installation Failures - Windows 7 Help Forums which overcome 90% of installation failures. However since wiping the HD is the most effective step if that is all you haven't tried you might want to save a Win8 backup image so you can wipe the drive and reapply it afterward to its own partition, add it from Win7 using EasyBCD (click Download - no Name or Email required). It may still require Windows 8 Automatic Repair from the 8 installation media to get it to boot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/329432-windows-7-clean-dual-boot-installation-stuck-starting-windows.html
Relevancy 94.55%

Hello Last night I turned off my computer normally Windows" in "Starting CD - installation/repair Even Stuck in logo The only thing different was that it installed some updates before turning off This morning when I turned it on I noticed that it got stuck on the quot Starting Windows quot logo screen I turned it off forcing it and turned it on again and asked me if Stuck in "Starting Windows" logo - Even in installation/repair CD I wanted to start normally or repair When I clicked repair it got stuck on the loading bar thing At first the f button Stuck in "Starting Windows" logo - Even in installation/repair CD wouldn't work but after a few tries it did and I can't get in safe mode either it gets stuck I gave up and since the computer is pretty much new so I don't have much installed on it I decided to just reformat it but even in the disk it gets stuck I downloaded a repair disc and it is stuck in the loading bar with the Microsoft Corportation below EDIT So I noticed when opening it up that the mobo has a red light located in the front panel header thing next to it it says LED R I'm not completely sure what it means but with my luck it probably died on me Should i post this in the mobo's section It was probably the updates so if I could somehow get it to unistall last night's updates and maybe preventing it from updating again since I'm freaked out it will get fixed maybe The question is how System specs System Manufacturer Model Number Built it myself OS Windows CPU intel quad core ghz Motherboard xfx i sli nforce Memory gb corsair gaming memory Graphics Card s pny nvidia geforce gts Sound Card on board sound Monitor s Displays vizio plasma tv Hard Drive gb WD HDD PSU watt Corsair Case CM Cooling Thermaltake V Thanx in advance

A:Stuck in "Starting Windows" logo - Even in installation/repair CD

Lot's of issues with this mobo: http://www.google.com/search?q=LED1+...ient=firefox-a

Go into the BIOS and reset the board to default values.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/stuck-in-starting-windows-logo-even-in-installation-repair-cd-489239.html
Relevancy 94.55%

I've read a similar query but not any of the answers were able to solve my problem I have a dell studio laptop with regular specs windows home premium bit recently it used to give problems of sudden switch off with flash of a blue screen the problem was a virus as it also messed with my windows essential antivirus Repair installation Setup" on Stuck "Starting Windows Screen-Unabl 7 2 Anyhow so i installed Avast antivirus and run Windows 7 installation Stuck on "Starting Setup" Screen-Unabl 2 Repair a boot time scan with showed some viruses the problem Windows 7 installation Stuck on "Starting Setup" Screen-Unabl 2 Repair is that by mistake i put a windows temp file into the antivirus chest After that scan my windows is unable to boot properly I firstly tried the suggested option of windows repair but its stuck indefinately on the blue flowers screen with no activity I tried to repair with a bootable copy of windows but its stuck on the point where the windows searches the present os installed the os is listed there but the curser shows up as the circling one and does not turn normal even after a long time i tried re-installing windows but the screen is stuck at the point after it prompts you to choose GMT the screen says quot Setup is starting quot indefinitely again the same circling cursor The dell diagnostics when run says that I have hard drive error no - I followed a post by Greggocker and was able to backup my data using Peppermint live linux os I also read him suggesting to change settings of BIOS but problem is that my BIOS Phoenix A Does not have many options to change anything that he said I may also not be able to access it due to lack of knowledge so if it seems the case the explain the same No matter what windows copy i use its stuck also Im not an expert with installing windows - and none of my friend was able to help too so PLZ HELP

A:Windows 7 installation Stuck on "Starting Setup" Screen-Unabl 2 Repair

Quote: Originally Posted by harsh93singh09

I've read a similar query but not any of the answers were able to solve my problem.
I have a dell studio 15 laptop (1555) with regular specs windows 7 home premium 64 bit , recently it used to give problems of sudden switch off with flash of a blue screen , the problem was a virus as it also messed with my windows essential antivirus.
Anyhow , so i installed Avast antivirus and run a boot time scan with showed some viruses , the problem is that by mistake i put a windows/temp file into the antivirus chest . After that scan my windows is unable to boot properly.
I firstly tried the suggested option of
1)windows repair but its stuck indefinately on the blue flowers screen with no activity
2)I tried to repair with a bootable copy of windows but its stuck on the point where the windows searches the present os installed , the os is listed there but the curser shows up as the circling one and does not turn normal even after a long time.
3)i tried re-installing windows but the screen is stuck at the point after it prompts you to choose GMT , the screen says "Setup is starting" indefinitely, again the same circling cursor
4)The dell diagnostics when run says that I have hard drive error no. 2000-0146
I followed a post by Greggocker and was able to backup my data using Peppermint live linux os
I also read him suggesting to change settings of BIOS, but problem is that my BIOS(Phoenix A07) Does not have many options to change anything that he said(I may also not be able to access it due to lack of knowledge so if it seems the case the explain the same)
No matter what windows copy i use its stuck!!
also Im not an expert with installing windows - and none of my friend was able to help too so

PLZ HELP

The copy of windows (Iso File ) Does not have any problem as it runs on other computers finely

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/349522-windows-7-installation-stuck-starting-setup-screen-unabl-2-repair.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Hello Last night I turned off my computer normally The only thing different was that it installed in Installation Windows" in Stuck CD "Starting Even - the some updates before turning off This morning when I Stuck in "Starting Windows" - Even in the Installation CD turned it on I noticed that it got stuck on the quot Starting Windows quot logo screen I turned it off forcing it and turned it on again and asked me if I wanted to start normally or repair When I clicked repair it got stuck on the loading bar thing At first the f button wouldn't work but after a few tries it did and I can't get Stuck in "Starting Windows" - Even in the Installation CD in safe mode either it gets stuck I gave up and since the computer is pretty much new so I don't have much installed on it I decided to just reformat it but even in the disk it gets stuck I downloaded a repair disc and it is stuck in the loading bar with the Microsoft Corportation below EDIT So I noticed when opening it up that the mobo has a red light located in the front panel header thing next to it it says LED R I'm not completely sure what it means but with my luck it probably died on me It was probably the updates so if I could somehow get it to unistall last night's updates and maybe preventing it from updating again since I'm freaked out it will get fixed maybe The question is how System specs System Manufacturer Model Number Built it myself OS Windows CPU intel quad core ghz Motherboard xfx i sli nforce Memory gb corsair gaming memory Graphics Card s pny nvidia geforce gts Sound Card on board sound Monitor s Displays vizio plasma tv Hard Drive gb WD HDD PSU watt Corsair Case CM Cooling Thermaltake V Thanx in advance

A:Stuck in "Starting Windows" - Even in the Installation CD

Have you tried to start it again repeatedly hitting f8 and then choosing Safe Mode? If it will make it into Safe Mode you can revert back to a System Restore point, preferably prior to the updates.

Since you stated this to be a new PC I would also try and reseat all your RAM, cables and card since things get roughed up sometimes in shipping and problems don't always show up immediately, just be sure to remove power connection from the PC and to ground your hand by placing it on the power supply body for a few moments prior to touching anything else, if you have a grounding strap so much the better.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/90563-stuck-starting-windows-even-installation-cd.html
Relevancy 89.59%

Hi all Sorry to repeat a question I see a lot of instances of but none of those seem to be addressing my problem correctly I have not done anything new to my computer in recent days so this problem has caught me off guard I see most instances of this problem come after upgrading to Windows I have had Win installed for a while now Here is a summary of my problem My computer recently got stuck on the quot Starting Windows Screen quot So I manually held the power button to reboot On reboot it said there was a need to run a startup repair which I did Everything checked fine except for the Corrupted" Windows", is on Repair "Starting Stuck Shows Disk Volume "System on last one which said quot System Volume on Disk is Corrupted quot which it claimed to have successfully fixed After rebooting from repair the system gets stuck on quot Starting Windows Screen quot for a good - minutes after which it runs a registry check After it completes that I get hopeful -- but the screen then gets stuck on an all black screen with just the mouse cursor and nothing more Additional note Attempting to start the computer on quot safe mode quot leads Stuck on "Starting Windows", Repair Shows "System Volume on Disk is Corrupted" safe mode startup to become stalled Stuck on "Starting Windows", Repair Shows "System Volume on Disk is Corrupted" on quot DRIVERS CLASSPNP SYS quot The lastest attempt to repair yielded this message quot Startup repair cannot repair this computer automatically Problem event Name Startup Repair Offline Problem signature uknown quot AutoFailover Corrupt Volume OS Version Locale Id In need of help not sure where to start Thanks nbsp

A:Stuck on "Starting Windows", Repair Shows "System Volume on Disk is Corrupted"

Hi Stan, Hopefully I can help you out....or at least lead you in the right direction. From my experience, the symptoms you are suggesting sound like perhaps a dying Hard drive.

1. Do you have the windows 7 boot disks that came with your computer or when you bought the Operating System? If so, you could try and insert one of those and boot from it, and attempt to repair the installation. (this won't affect your data, only the windows system files).

2. If that doesn't fix it, you could try a fresh reinstall of windows 7, and see if that works.

3. If neither of those work, its likely that because of the fact that when windows is repairing itself, it is generally putting copies of its system files in the same physical location on your disk. Because your disk is obviously not completely dead, ie....its still loading to the windows 7 startup screen, its just copying files to the bad sectors on your hard drive and gets stuck when loading. This is especially my guess because you said Safe mode is having same problems, even after attempting to repair. In the past, I've tried and salvage a disk by reformatting it and only leaving on partitions which do not contain the bad clusters. This takes some time, and some guess work.....and really this is only a "bandaid" fix because once the disk has bad clusters, its only a matter of time before these things give out. You wouldn't want to trust your important data on it anyways....

I hope this leads you in the right direction.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-on-starting-windows-repair-shows-system-volume-on-disk-is-corrupted.1023059/
Relevancy 83.08%

I'm building an MAME arcade on a windows machine. To connect the joystick and arcade keys, I use IPAC4 Ultimarc controller. When windows is on and I connect the controller to USB, the controller is detected as a keyboard and everything works fine.
The problem is when I start the system and have the controller connected to the usb drive. The system is stuck at screen "Starting Windows" (even the 4 squares doesn't show-up). As soon as I unplug the controller the windows starts loading fine.
I have to plug the controller after windows is up.
I am looking for a solution to start windows without any issues and detect the controller automatically.
Appreciate any suggestions.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1ca77a84-c01d-4bfb-bfbd-fa95f2f2fcf5/windows-7-stuck-screen-quotstarting-windowsquot-with-a-ipac4-ultimarc-controller-connected-to?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 81.84%

Hi,
This is my first post so apologies if I've not done it correctly
I am following this guide :
Dual Boot Installation with Windows 7 and XP

When I boot from CD, the setup loads all the files. Then it says "setup is starting windows" and boots back into windows 7.

Does anybody know why this happens, or how to fix it?

Thanks
satsit123

A:Dual Booting Windows 7 with XP - Stuck at "setup is starting windows"

Where did you get WIn7? How is it burned to disk or flash stick installer?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/348610-dual-booting-windows-7-xp-stuck-setup-starting-windows.html
Relevancy 81.84%

Hi since this isn't exactly related to my last problem I decided to post this in a different thread Previously my computer was having random freezes and it "Starting Windows stuck Toshiba Windows" Computer suddenly 7 on would have a slow startup time I was able to get past this by performing a clean startup and changing some programs and when they start up This was about months ago Today I turned on my computer and after about minutes I noticed that my computer was stuck on the quot Starting Windows quot screen The little animation would go and the windows logo would show but that's just about it After running startup repair I ran into the same problem and couldn't get to my login screen There's no black screen or BSOD it just simply stays on the Starting Windows page Now it might Toshiba Windows 7 Computer suddenly stuck on "Starting Windows" or might not be a Hard Drive issue but I'm able to run an OS called Ubuntu on the same hard drive right at this moment I've had it installed for a few months now I haven't made any recent changes to Windows it simply started to hang randomly this morning If anyone could help with this problem it'd be pretty helpful Toshiba Satellite A D-S Windows bit Home Premium GB RAM Edit After I changed the startup programs I was still having inconsistent freezes over the Toshiba Windows 7 Computer suddenly stuck on "Starting Windows" three months I believe it might be related to Flash or Audio since it always freezes when I'm listening to something on youtube

A:Toshiba Windows 7 Computer suddenly stuck on "Starting Windows"

Work through these steps for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot.

Is this still the Toshiba factory preinstall? There's a reason most tech enthusiasts won't run the bloated factory preinstall but instead prefer to Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 to get best performance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/248064-toshiba-windows-7-computer-suddenly-stuck-starting-windows.html
Relevancy 81.84%

Hi Everyone I have a very severe issue due to which my Dell Inspiron Laptop is in nbsp dead state since last one month I bought this Laptop in from UK Everything was ok until last month when first windows user login screen took extraordinary time to show up and then when I restarted my Laptop Windows refused to start hangs 1564 is on DELL Windows" Starting Inspiron "Setup Re-installation 7 Windows at giving me following Windows 7 Re-installation on DELL Inspiron 1564 hangs at "Setup is Starting Windows" nbsp error windows failed to start a recent hardware or nbsp software change might be a cause if windows files have been damage or configured incorrectly start up can help diagnosis and fix the problem if power was interpted during start up choose start window normally From Dell Windows Reinstallation DVD which came with the Laptop I made bootable USB as my optical drive does not work to reinstall windows but after quot window is loading files quot screen when I click on Reinstall windows link it stucks there like forever It just shows message quot Setup is Starting Windows quot I have waited for to hours but it does not proceed further Someone please tell me what could be the reason for this Thank in Advance nbsp

A:Windows 7 Re-installation on DELL Inspiron 1564 hangs at "Setup is Starting Windows"

HAMMI_SAIF,
Try going into the bios by starting the computer and tapping the F2 key. Once in the bios navigate to the Advanced tab and down to SATA Operation. Change the setting to ATA. Save the changes on exit. See if you can then install Windows. If so, you will need to go back in and change this back once Windows is installed.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19993292
Relevancy 80.91%

I was trying to save some files in restoring windows 7; now i can't boot my computer; 1st screen : windows resuming., then setup is starting services.... , "stuck" ; acer aspire 5742 Windows 7 64bit Home Premium; What can i do? now; F8;F2; F12; Ctr+Alt+Del; nothing runs all night ; have a recovery disk made with drivers & applications made by me

A:resuming Windows ... Setup is starting services..."stuck" Aspire5742

Quote:
have a recovery disk made with drivers & applications made by me

Did you you make the Recovery disc?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/275425-resuming-windows-setup-starting-services-stuck-aspire5742.html
Relevancy 80.91%

I have an old PC Specs in the Computer specs next to my username It was working fine for a few days but now it gets stuck in a boot loop Safe Mode options don t work repair windows doesn t work either and rather then trying to fix it I decided it needed a format after not using it for about a year I ve burnt Win onto a Disc and onto a USB using the Windows USB DVD Download Tool Configured my BIOS to boot from both which it does however right after the quot Windows is Stuck Solved: - Issues "Starting Win7/8 at Windows" Formatting loading files quot it moves on to quot Starting windows quot and stays on there the WIndows logo doesn t show either Can t figure out why I ve fallen asleep for about an hour waiting for it and from past experiences it usually doesn t take that long My current computer uses Win so I thought I d give that a shot via USB and DVD and same issue It shows the Windows Logo however the Loading circle just continues to spin I ve been stuck there for about an hour now I had a look inside the computer while it was running everything seems to be connected right hasn t been touched so before this post I unplugged everything gave it a nice clean just a cloth not wet and placed every thing back in ALSO what s the difference between these options USB - FDD USB - ZIP USB-CDROM USB-HDD nbsp

Relevancy 80.91%

Hi all, I am trying to reinstall Windows 7 on my notebook (Acer Aspire 5742-7645) from the DVD. I get as far as this screen: http://www.buildeasypc.com/pics/wind...windows7_3.jpg
When I click "Install now," the screen says "Setup is starting..." and then never moves on. I have gone into BIOS and set the boot order to DVD first. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Acer Aspire - Windows 7 reinstallation stuck on "Setup is starting"

Here are some good answers and some common things to check:
http//answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_install/windows-7-install-is-stuck-at-setup-is-starting/1b429a4f-b81c-419a-9780-308c743e1129

Let us know the results of these checks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/314505-acer-aspire-windows-7-reinstallation-stuck-setup-starting.html
Relevancy 80.91%

Computer info Toshiba Satellite L D-S Processor AMD Turion II Dual-Core Mobile M GHz RAM GB System Type -bit Operating System Windows Professional Service Pack My problems began probably a year ago Started having BSOD s regularly with startup issues Nothing I tried fixed anything Had it in a shop where the first time I was told he shutdown, etc "Starting random stuck at BSOD, screen, Windows" quot fixed some things quot and seemed to be working for about a week and a half when it went back to BSOD, random shutdown, stuck at "Starting Windows" screen, etc BSOD s and startup problems getting stuck at the quot starting Windows quot screen etc Took it back to shop where they wiped it and replaced Windows Within a few weeks I was back to the same issues At this point I actually just put the thing away and solely used my husbands computer Last week after not touching my laptop for several months I had to use it due to a major accident with my husbands The thing worked perfectly for days PERFECTLY Then it started randomly shutting down with no rhyme or reason After a couple of times doing that it started getting stuck at the quot starting Windows quot screen and wanting to run Startup Repair With Startup Repair I get Startup Repair cannot fix problems with this info Problem Event Name StartupRepairOffline Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature unknown Problem Signature Problem Signature AutoFailover Problem Signature Problem Signature NoRootCause OS Version Locale Id From the Startup Repair Diagnosis and repair details The only problem listed is Root Cause Found Unspecified changes to system configuration might have caused the problem Repair Action System Restore Result Failed Error Code x f Time Taken ms Repair Action System files integrity check and repair Result Failed Error Code x Time Taken ms I d be so grateful for any assistance that can be provided Please be aware that although I am not a complete novice about fixing or exploring problem issues I am certainly not a tech and have no education either formal or casual I can follow clear directions well and report my results accurately I would sincerely appreciate any help I really cannot spend anymore with a tech when my issues are not resolved by doing so and I NEED the computer My husband owns his own business and I work a small side business from home I have no idea where to even start at this point Thanks so much nbsp

Relevancy 80.6%

Hey guys currently using home premium 32bit but got pro upgrade 64 bit so had to do the custom install from booting with the disk

I choose the language, keyboard layout etc, choose custom install, pick the hard drive and it goes to the installing screen.

When part 2 of the install screen is almost done it said installation will continue after the computer restarts.
After it restarts, it just stays on the "starting windows" screen and the windows logo never shows. It wa son there for hours. I restarted by pressing the restart button and it continued back on the step 2 and them same thing, restart and then continue later but now the screen is just stuck on the "starting windows" screen.

Any ideas????

Thanks

A:Custom setup stuck on "starting windows" screen

Never mind, I unplugged things and it's all good

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/161258-custom-setup-stuck-starting-windows-screen.html
Relevancy 80.6%

Hello everyone I have an HP Pavilion DV - c ef running on Windows bit my problem is that everytime I try to boot it it's stucks at quot Starting Windows quot for some minutes and then a blue screen appear after than it's restart itself I did a BIOS Rollback hoping that will fix things but nothing and now I'm worry if the Rollback can make my situation worst it could be my PC was so overheating so I did a hardware checks and it's says there's a failure on the HDD so I think the only solution is to buy a new one if so do I need to buy a new Windwos too I do have the key for the current one an other question about the rollback of the BIOS it could cause some problems when I instal the new HDD Many thanks for your times and sorry Windows windwos" when 7 I to try my stuck boot Laptop at "Starting for my English as it's not my native language In hope to read some answers from you

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/379746-windows-7-stuck-starting-windwos-when-i-try-boot-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 80.6%

After following the tutorials on the site to get windows on a flash drive or dvd, i used that to run the installer. sadly, after you hit "start to install" it goes into a seemingly infinite setup is starting cycle where ultimately nothing happens.
any solutions would be appreciated
also, i read somewhere that i can fix this with cmd by using this
At first installer screen Press Shift + F10 to open a Command Box, type:

DISKPART
LIST DISK
SELECT DISK 0 (after confirming Windows 7 target HD #)
CLEAN
CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY SIZE=102400 (for 100gb partition, adjust as desired)
FORMAT FS=NTFS LABEL="WINDOWS 7"
ACTIVE
EXIT
EXIT
however, after typing diskpart my cmd does not let me type anything else, effectively rendering this useless.. also regarding the infinite loop startup repair guide here it didnt let me issue any commands after typing D:

thanks in advance, help is much appreciated!

A:Install windows stuck on "setup is starting", cmd won't use commands

It sounds like you might have a faulty installer - try writing the ISO to USB again.

Be sure you get the iso here:
Windows 7 Direct Download Links

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/319848-install-windows-stuck-setup-starting-cmd-wont-use-commands.html
Relevancy 80.6%

hi guys today when i've finished playing the computer [Major Stuck windows" screen. "starting Problem] on i've used 'shutdown' to turn off my computer the shutdown process doesn't seem to turn off my computer so i just waited and waited for minutes still it was still on the same screen saying [Major Problem] Stuck on "starting windows" screen. quot shutting down quot with the circle still spinning so i just turned it off manually by holding the power button until it turns off Later on i decided to get back on so i turned [Major Problem] Stuck on "starting windows" screen. it on but when it was at the quot starting windows quot screen it was stuck there for sooo long so i waited for a long [Major Problem] Stuck on "starting windows" screen. time but it was still stuck When i turned it off and on again a start up repair was offered so i chose that option it says quot loading windows files quot after that a blank screen for a long time still stuck I then tried to boot my win CD to do a recovery or restore point but after it was quot loading windows files quot the starting windows screen appeared again and it was stuck there I've googled and searched this forum but all their solution was just startup repair and recovery can anyone please help me Thanks

A:[Major Problem] Stuck on "starting windows" screen.

Hello duong,

Are you overclocking anything? If so, stop. Can you try blowing out any dust buildup? Perhaps some hardware went out? You might try temporarily replacing some things if you can to see if things stop freezing. Keep trying to do system recovery, etc., but if you can't, you may just have to reinstall. You might wait a bit and see what others have to say before you do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/210461-major-problem-stuck-starting-windows-screen.html
Relevancy 80.6%

Hi to all Hopefully I would find help here I have bought a new machine with GB ram GB HD Intel DG KR motherboard and Intel G Graphics Card I received the machine with Windows installed but wanted to format and install XP since I stuck XP starting computer; install on Can't on windows" "Setup is would not be able to upgrade my screen reading softwares I am totally blind and other necessary stuff are too much for my little budget I can not go on with since they are not that compatible So I planned to install XP The problem is that XP can Can't install XP on computer; stuck on "Setup is starting windows" not be installed on the machine Everything is ok till a screen with the sentence quot Setup is starting windows quot appears and seems to stay till the end of life By googling there were suggestions to replace the HD I replaced it with newer one and nothing changed Others suggested that might be due to falty ram also replaced with no change Some other suggestions recommended burning new XP and installing the one that is new and no change I unplugged all devices keyboard mouse speakers everything unnecessary for the installation procedure to go on but all were in vain I disabled all devices in the BIOS and the problem is the same No change And to narrow things down I changed sata mode to native so that the problem is not in the correct SATA SCASi RAID IDE AHCI ICH etc drivers Even I integrated the compatible SATA drivers and burned them into the XP disc and there were no change I created a bootable USB XP thump drive to instal XP from and the problem is the same Windows instals ok using both the DVD and the USB thump drive I unplugged the HD and tried installing XP on a separate HD and no change I unplugged the DVD drive and tried installing from and external CD DVD drive and no change Microsoft states that this problem might be related to incorrect HAL I hit f during quot Press F to load quot screen and chose something like standard PC the second choice in the menu and there was no change Please let me know if there is any suggestion to help me solving the problem I can not install XP and does not go welll wih my old screen reading softwares Any help is apreciated Thanks in dvance for any help nbsp

A:Can't install XP on computer; stuck on "Setup is starting windows"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-install-xp-on-computer-stuck-on-setup-is-starting-windows.1018694/
Relevancy 80.6%

When booting the laptop XP SP is screen [SOLVED] -2nd up" stuck starting down laptop is at"Windows stuck at the quot Windows is starting up quot window First the log-in screen where you enter user name and password pops up only for less than a second than it beeps and the screen disappears Usually this screen stays on and I change the user name from quot administrator quot to a different [SOLVED] stuck at"Windows is starting up" screen -2nd laptop down user name I can start the laptop in the save mode but I cannot switch to a different user I guess this is normal I would like to backup files stored under the user name Is there any way to switch users in the safe mode What can I do get over the stuck quot Windows is starting up quot screen I cannot go online with the laptop - the Wifi network is not working not showing up at all is this normal in the safe mode This is a friends laptop I borrowed- my laptop has major issues as well Virus Malware overwrites everything After the major issues with my laptop I installed and run Malwarebytes on my friends laptop just in case The software found nothing Zonealarm and Avira are installed and were always up to date I'm really desperate Now the second laptop is down I feel sooo bad about my friends laptop - Please help me fix it Both laptops are running legal Windows XP versions - installed on them when bought

A:[SOLVED] stuck at"Windows is starting up" screen -2nd laptop down

Can you get into the Administrator account via "safe Mode"? Do you have a Windows XP CD? You might need it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-stuck-at-and-quot-windows-is-starting-up-and-quot-screen-2nd-laptop-down-880033.html
Relevancy 80.6%

So I shut down my computer and noticed it was taking abnormally long so I push the quick-restart button on my PC It restarts "Starting and at to long, random Windows" load programs unable too Stuck for just fine but stays on the boot screen for a bit long Stuck at "Starting Windows" for too long, and unable to load random programs and then proceeds to get quot stuck quot at the quot Starting Windows quot screen for about a minute From there Windows loads just fine and I can access a majority of my usual programs Firefox avast etc without any errors However when I try to load Stuck at "Starting Windows" for too long, and unable to load random programs very few programs iTunes Malwarebytes etc they don't load at all despite appearing in the Processes section of the Task Manager Also when I try to unpin a program from the taskbar the program's icon remains but I can no longer quot unpin quot it from the taskbar These are all of the errors I've experienced and here's what I've tried thus far System Restoring Tried it twice to before I installed a Windows Update and before I installed a graphics driver update Neither changed anything Disabling all non-Microsoft startup services System File Checker no errors found avast full scan no threats found Windows Repair thing at startup - didn't get past the loading bar Any help whatsoever would be appreciated Thank you Troy

A:Stuck at "Starting Windows" for too long, and unable to load random programs

You should never use the reset/restart button on your case unless you need to. Otherwise this happens...

Please preform a hard drive test using this guide here:

How to perform a Seagate's Seatools Test | Tech Support Forum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/stuck-at-starting-windows-for-too-long-and-unable-to-load-random-programs-860273.html
Relevancy 80.6%

Hello I'm very new to these forums and I joined because I have reached my wit's end with this issue I've scoured the internet doing research and tried many possible solutions none of which have been successful so far Any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated The problem I of Windows OCZ after Agility Hangs at Boot SSD 7 "Starting Windows" 3 Installation recently purchased a OCZ Agility solid state drive for my system I'm an audio engineer and the Windows 7 Boot Hangs at "Starting Windows" after Installation of OCZ Agility 3 SSD plan was to use it as a recording mixing drive I wasn't planning to install Windows on the SSD but keep the Windows 7 Boot Hangs at "Starting Windows" after Installation of OCZ Agility 3 SSD OS installed on my current HDD So I installed the Agility without a fuss powered up my system and even transferred some files over to it and worked off of it However the next day after work upon booting up my system it got hung up at the Windows loading screen where it sports the logo and says quot Starting Windows quot I haven't been able to fully boot my computer since and it has been consistently getting caught at that same exact spot What I've tried In chronological order - Startup repair from HDD - Startup repair from original installation disk - System restore from original installation disk - Chkdsk c r command via command prompt from original installation disk - CMOS reset on motherboard - BIOS reset to defaults - Physical removal of CMOS battery from motherboard I haven't tried to restore from a disk image because unfortunately the external hard drive containing my disk image died Computer Specs Motherboard Asus M N SLI Deluxe CPU AMD Athlon X Memory GB DDR Graphics Cards Two Nvidia GeForce GT's connected via SLI bridge Hard Drives Hitachi Deskstar rpm MB cache TB drive Older Western Digital Caviar rpm GB drive OCZ Agility GB SSD Operating System Windows Professional SP Bit installed on the Hitachi Software IS OEM I don't understand why simply installing a new hard drive would cause another drive to malfunction I think the problem might actually lie in the motherboard I noticed that when I was in the BIOS menu the Hitachi drive with Windows installed on it wasn't showing up and neither was my SSD only the older WD drive was If there's something I'm missing or if I've somehow seriously messed up my system any closure at all in this situation would be much appreciated Is there any solution that doesn't end in data loss or a reformat

A:Windows 7 Boot Hangs at "Starting Windows" after Installation of OCZ Agility 3 SSD

The purpose of having an SSD drive is to boot faster and have a more stable OS then on SATA type of drive. Using an SSD drive as storage or for working in your audio program does not make it any faster.
When you install and SSD drive, you have to change the HDD mode to AHCI to get the computer to recognize the drive. If Windows was installed on a normal SATA drive without AHCI/Raid Mode, it would make the Windows drive unbootable or possibly BSOD.
Check in the Bios to see what the HDD mode is. Also check in the Boot priority to see which SATA port is booting first and if the ports the rest of your HDD's use are Enabled.
We Suggest, installing Windows 7 and your recording program on the SSD drive, and saving all of your files to a large SATA storage drive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-boot-hangs-at-starting-windows-after-installation-of-ocz-agility-3-ssd-649262.html
Relevancy 80.6%

8 GB RAM
Video: GeForce GTX 650 ti
Motherboard: Asus P5k Pro

I've been trying to upgrade from Vista 32 bit to Windows 7 Pro 64 bit and I can't go further than "Starting Windows" message with swirling colors when I try to boot from DVD
(when I tried academic Win 8 it gave me a Phase1_initialization_failed)
I'm reasonably certain that UEFI method is not applicable with my motherboard
If I try to change from IDE mode to AHCI it gives me ataport.sys BSOD

I did have to substitute my video card recently, so it could be a driver problem even if I don't think so
Should I delete my BitDefender antivirus too?
I hope to progress further before formatting everything

A:Windows 7 installation resets computer on "Starting Windows" message

Theres a great tutorial here that gives you everything you need to get and keep a perfect install
Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

it sounds like you are trying to install win 7 from within vista, you will be better of doing a clean install from boot but this will require losing your current install
If you are concerned about doing this then you can take a system image before you start and backup to external media and you will have the option to go back if you need to

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/356043-windows-7-installation-resets-computer-starting-windows-message.html
Relevancy 80.6%

If you can teach me how to fix it , it would be nice. ...I check all the USB plug and nothing is connected. Only the power plug. Im back at doing F8 and at the advance booth options. Doing safe mode WITHOUT network right now and ti's stuck at window/system32/drivers/avgrkx64.sys. ?

should i disable avg ?
using cmd promt how pls help

A:Windows 7 home premium Been on the "starting windows" stuck up

Yes, disable avg. If that does not work try clean boot
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
If AVG is the problem uninstall using the uninstall tool from their website and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials.
http://www.microsoft.com/security/pc-security/mse.aspx
For the best protection download Malwarebytes for weekly scans. Do this regardless of the AV that you use.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/161064-windows-7-home-premium-been-starting-windows-stuck-up.html
Relevancy 80.6%

My PC has been a little temperamental the last few weeks but it has finally given up on me Now my problem is different from others stated on this forum that I've found When I boot my PC normally it gets as far as quot Starting Windows quot with the logo there then stops For a while it would just take a while and go through quot Preparing Desktop quot then I'd have to fix that every couple days but now it's stopped entirely I've followed as many of the fixes I've found on here but nothing has helped Where my problem differs is I am able to enter Safe Mode without issue In fact I'm posting this Windows" 7 at helps on stuck fix forums "Starting NO Windows these from quot Safe Mode with Networking quot right now However I cannot boot normally I'm running Windows Home Premium bit Can Windows 7 stuck at "Starting Windows" NO fix on these forums helps anyone PLEASE help me I've put Windows 7 stuck at "Starting Windows" NO fix on these forums helps a lot of money in this computer and not only that I use it for all of my university work and I can't Windows 7 stuck at "Starting Windows" NO fix on these forums helps afford to replace it Please I NEED a fix desperately

A:Windows 7 stuck at "Starting Windows" NO fix on these forums helps

Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot
The steps will eventually lead to backing up of your personal data and files, and then a complete clean install of Windows 7. The steps also cover hardware problems related to booting issues.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/285888-windows-7-stuck-starting-windows-no-fix-these-forums-helps.html
Relevancy 80.6%

Please my computer won't turn on even in trying to boot on safe mode as well as repair.

It freezes both times and I cannot log in. I'm not sure if its a virus or not....but please I need help.

I'm panicking here...

A:Solved: Windows 7 Stuck on "Starting windows" screen! HELP.

Now its running disk check....I'll let you guys know if it can start or not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-stuck-on-starting-windows-screen-help.1052153/
Relevancy 80.6%

Hi,

My laptop stuck at Starting Windows screen.

I tried rebooting in safe mode but stops at one of the sysfile.
Tried System Repair but that did not work. I tried chkdsk also, it identified and fixed some bad sectors but after that also Startup Repair tried to fix but at the end came up with the message that "Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically".

Any inputs will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Sam

A:Windows 7 laptop stuck at "Starting Windows" screen

Work through the steps for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/321515-windows-7-laptop-stuck-starting-windows-screen.html
Relevancy 80.6%

i have looked up fixes for this, and they say try a repair with your Windows XP disk, however, ive torn apart my house and can't find it. I really cant and dont want to reformat, one because i have a lot of files on my computer and 2, if i reformat, i would have to reinstall my modem,router,and ethernet, which i dont have disks for any of them (tore up my house again). As you can see, im not the most organized guy, and dont have any of the discs. so can someone please help me find a solution to this. thanks!

by the way i can run it fine in Safe Mode (as im doing now, Safe Mode W/ Networking)

A:Windows XP Home Stuck On "Windows Is Starting Up" Screen...

Freddy12 said:

i have looked up fixes for this, and they say try a repair with your Windows XP disk, however, ive torn apart my house and can't find it. I really cant and dont want to reformat, one because i have a lot of files on my computer and 2, if i reformat, i would have to reinstall my modem,router,and ethernet, which i dont have disks for any of them (tore up my house again). As you can see, im not the most organized guy, and dont have any of the discs. so can someone please help me find a solution to this. thanks!

by the way i can run it fine in Safe Mode (as im doing now, Safe Mode W/ Networking)Click to expand...

Try using System Restore from safe mode to restore your computer to an earlier date when everything worked. If that doesnt work try chkdsk c: /f Its a long shot but you never know.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-home-stuck-on-windows-is-starting-up-screen.655047/
Relevancy 111.37%

Hello (again),

Ok, here's a quick rundown on what's happening (and it's been very frustrating so I apologise for the multiple help requests.)

Recently wiped my hdd with KillDisk and reinstalled Win7 Home Edition. Was working fine for the last 3days and was supposed to install Mint last night. When I rebooted, I got the Boot Manager, which never happened before. Selected Win7 and got stuck at the "Starting Windows" screen.

Tried to repair it, didn't work. Tried to restore, didn't work. Tried to reset to factory settings, still didn't work.

Just finished wiping it, twice. Now attempting to reinstall Win7, and still stuck at the "Starting Windows" screen.

Can someone please tell me what is happening? The last thing I did was install Ccleaner; the last thing it did was install updates. Thanks in advance...

A:[SOLVED] Stuck on "Starting Windows" screen

I managed to reinstall win7 but it wont load, not even in safe mode. It goes to a boot screen where the only option is Windows EMS.

So I ran KillDisk again. What I dont understand is why I see the previously set-up partitions:
C:\ (40% of hdd for windows)
D:\ (60% saved for Mint)
Q:\ (for MS Office starter/trial whatchamacallit)

Uhm, what gives?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-stuck-on-and-quot-starting-windows-and-quot-screen-680038.html
Relevancy 111.37%

I have windows Home I restarted my computer to complete an automatic update After doing so My computer would remain on the quot starting windows quot Windows" "Starting at Computer Stuck Screen screen for hours Overnight It Computer Stuck at "Starting Windows" Screen did load up However when it did the was a message at the bottom right hand side of my screen that read quot This version of windows in not genuine quot right above the time and date I also could not click on the start up menu or anything on the task bar The sound also was not working There was a red and white quot x quot by my volume icon I had to press the power button on my SONY Vaio my laptop computer I loaded from the restore option this was an option when the computer loaded back up The other option was to start windows normally It did a test and restarted and remained at the same starting windows screen I then loaded the computer in safe mode I tried to restore my computer to a certain date in System restore but it told me that I did not have a point to start from I scanned for viruses and etc and found threat then deleted it I am now starting in safe mode with network to see if this allows me to connect to the internet and maybe allow me to do system restore It's moving very slow right now Later today I plan to obtain a Windows disk to wipe it completely I do not want to do this but at this point I Don't Know what to do Please help me of you have another option Thanks A J Sellers

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-stuck-at-starting-windows-screen-674019.html
Relevancy 111.37%

I recently bought an external hard drive and usually i remember to unplug it before i start my computer however this time i forgot this caused my computer to go to the quot starting windows' screen when i booted it up at which point it stayed stuck there until i restarted the pc at that point it came up with f boot menu f quick flash etc then goes to a screen saying quot launch startup repair recommended and quot start windows normally quot If i press start windows normally it just goes back to the starting windows screen and stays stuck there regardless of me removing the external HDD If i press launch startup repair it at stuck Computer screen "starting windows" say's quot startup repair cannot repair this computer automatically quot and comes up with error code quot x quot for all ltests it performs which include check for update system disk test disk failure diagnosis Root cause found bad hard disk restoring my system to and earlier date has no effect and when Computer stuck at "starting windows" screen i open command prompt it shows X windows system gt even though my system had no x drive prior to this event external hdd is still unplugged at this point Entering UEFI and changing boot priority between AHCI P WDC WD FAEX- Z AO and AHCI P TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH- the only options had no effect on anything i mentioned above This has always been an issue with my computer and is not unique to the HDD ive just always remembered to unplug any usb's I looked up a lot of fixes on another pc and didn't have any luck and was wondering what the next course of action might be

A:Computer stuck at "starting windows" screen

I'm 90% sure all i need to do is get my pc to boot from the D: Drive instead of X: Drive im just not sure how to go about that

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/385629-computer-stuck-starting-windows-screen.html
Relevancy 111.37%

I just received my new laptop yesterday with the full intention of removing the Windows installation and installing Windows Ultimate -bit After some work with the BIOS screen I finally made it so that the Optical Drive was on Issue Stuck Windows" x64 7 New Win @ PC; Installing Ult "Starting first in the boot order but now I can't get it to run the Windows setup Steps Turn on computer At prompt for quot Press any key quot I hit a key The progress bar for quot Setup is loading files quot completes The screen comes to quot Starting Windows quot and the MS log comes on to the screen Nothing further happens the screen remains with the MS logo and quot Starting Windows quot Windows boots without issue but I don't want to use it I tried reading through a number of other threads but they seemed to be dealing with desktop PCs where hardware was easily removed I have never had an issue with installing Win from the DVD before I have already tried removing one of the memory chips but that did not resolve the issue Comp Specs Asus Issue Installing Win 7 Ult x64 on New PC; Stuck @ "Starting Windows" A A-TH purchased from tigerdirect Intel Core i GB DDR Hitachi GB HDD Intel Integrated Graphics I thought this would be an easy change as it always has been but I really need some help with this one

A:Issue Installing Win 7 Ult x64 on New PC; Stuck @ "Starting Windows"

On a Windows 8 PC you likely have to turn off Secure Boot in BIOS setup first before you can install Win7.

Then you need to follow special steps to boot installer to install Win7 using UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with - Windows 7 Forums.

All of this is detailed in Downgrade Windows 8 to Windows 7.

Some users decide not to mess with UEFI but to instead install normally to an MBR disk as shown in Bypass UEFI to Install WIn7

More information here about UEFI BIOS vs. Legacy BIOS - YouTube
so you understand your choices better.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/281094-issue-installing-win-7-ult-x64-new-pc-stuck-starting-windows.html
Relevancy 111.37%

hi all i've installd a retail "starting but weird u w7 in x64 signs stuck on looks windows" - w x on my notebook in uefi mode on my gpt dsk along its own W now if i boot in the w instllation through lgeacy mode with using a boot stick per this w gets past the quot starting windows quot thing and boots cool but when i get back to uefi mode it still weird - w7 u x64 signs in but looks stuck on "starting windows" boots until the quot starting windows quot but then the logo no longer throbs weird - w7 u x64 signs in but looks stuck on "starting windows" as if it has hung surprisingly though after sec the starutp sound plays and the weird - w7 u x64 signs in but looks stuck on "starting windows" num-lock turns on as if i have actually signd in and i believe it does actually sign in even though the scree looks it has stuck on quot starting windows quot why do i believe it does actually sgin in because i can actually PLAY an mp i have on my desktp using the touhcpad i can even shut it down with lt start gt - gt lt enter gt basically it signs but does so as if i've turnd my moniotr off of else have had it cover'd any ideas why so weird a thing is happening to my notebook

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/378807-weird-w7-u-x64-signs-but-looks-stuck-starting-windows.html
Relevancy 111.37%

I have a Toshiba Satellite A75-S226. When I try to install Windows XP it gets stuck on "Windows is starting up". I tried to instill Windows 2000 and the same thing happens.

Thanks!!

A:Toshiba Laptop stuck in "windows in starting up"

Were you able to format the drive?

You can run diagnostics on the hard drive

http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287

See this for how to make a bootable cd

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/toshiba-laptop-stuck-in-windows-in-starting-up-483633.html
Relevancy 111.37%

I purchased my laptop in stuck at Windows is is Install "Setup 7 Starting" January and I m not really sure what happened I must have been struck by a pretty bad virus or something because I had a lot of protection and ran regular scans But anyway one day I booted up my computer and Windows 7 Install is stuck at "Setup is Starting" it said error recovery or something a prompted me to repair my pc but I choose start windows normally and it loaded normally but just before it could get to the login screen a blue screen error flashed for a split second then my laptop restarted and took me to the error screen again when I try repair my computer it takes me tow blank lie screen ole the login screen with a cursor in the middle but no dialog box I left this running Windows 7 Install is stuck at "Setup is Starting" for up to days so it s definitely not just loading so I decided my computer is pretty much screwed and searched for my installation disc it came with windows was already preinstalled so I d never used it before on startup I pressed f and booted from cd rom then it said press any key and took me to a loading screen which took about minutes and then to the installation screen I said my language is English choose uk English etc then it says install now or repair your computer when I click the repair option I am taken to the same blank blue screen from before when I press install it says setup is starting and the loading cursor is spinning so I know it s not frozen I left it for half an hour tried again and this time left it for hours but still no setup has started there can t be anything wrong with my disc I d never taken it out of the packet before and I was very careful not to scratch it it s a dell operating system windows disc for if you need to reinstall windows on your preinstalled pc like I am trying to do I ve researched into it and there is no floppy disc option to disable in bios and that s the only solution I could find nbsp

A:Windows 7 Install is stuck at "Setup is Starting"

It probably isn't a virus or any kind of malware if you are experiencing issues when attempting a fresh Windows installation.
It's possible the hard drive has developed a fault, despite being only six-months old. You should test it to confirm if this is the case.

Download SeaTools for DOS from here (click Downloads): http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/seatools/

Now download & install (on a working PC of course) IMGBurn from here: http://filehippo.com/download_imgburn/
Use IMGBurn to create a CD from the SeaTools for DOS ISO CD-Image File.
Now boot your laptop from that CD and SeaTools for DOS will eventually appear on the screen.
Select your laptop's hard drive and test it using the long/extended test if available.

Hopefully the drive will pass the test, but at least you can then move on to troubleshoot the problem elsewhere, confident in the knowledge that it's not a faulty hard drive that's causing it. So testing it is definitely not a waste of time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-install-is-stuck-at-setup-is-starting.1058345/
Relevancy 111.37%

First the specs Windows Home Premium bit Lenovo G Intel Core i Let me know Windows" Laptop "Starting stuck on Screen if you need anything else Now for the symptoms My computer has recently been having trouble booting from the shutdown state I am not having trouble quot un-hibernating quot The problem seems to only arise if I restart completely or shutdown and then turn the laptop back on The problem began about weeks ago The screen got stuck on the image of the windows icon after the little Laptop stuck on "Starting Windows" Screen swirling Laptop stuck on "Starting Windows" Screen dots come together boot screen animation After almost minutes I lost patience and decided that something was wrong and manually powered down by holding down the power button I then entered startup repair and restored the system to a previous restore state This seemed to work and I didn't have problems for about a week I then turned off the computer and left it at home while I traveled for about a week Upon my return I tried to turn on the computer and it got stuck Laptop stuck on "Starting Windows" Screen on the quot Starting Windows quot screen again I did the same thing restored to a previous restore point and tried to turn it on again It got stuck on the same screen again I tried to run the startup repair again but the repair said that it could not find any problems The repair module shut down the computer after that I left it alone for about minutes and tried to turn it on again It booted without any problem Strange but OK I turned off the computer for the night after using it for a while In the morning I turned it on again and it started without a problem However about AM the sound got all scratchy problem with the audio driver so I tried to restart the computer to reset the driver When I did this I ran into the exact same problem as the previous day stuck on startup twice etc and once again successfully started it up on the rd try after doing system restore before an update to Windows failed restores had error x ffff In response I turned off auto update and have only been putting the computer in hibernate However my battery was drained completely yesterday when I forgot to put my computer to sleep and now it will not start regardless of what I try I tried system restore and got a x fff error I have also tried resetting the BIOS clearing CMOS to factory defaults Thinking it could a hardware issue I ran a disk check but it didn't find any faulty drives Upon talking to some tech support from Lenovo I removed the battery and unplugged the machine then held the power button for seconds and plugged it back in The computer started up I then shut it down and ran into the same problem The fix once again worked However the next day The computer once again got stuck on the boot screen but the unplugging trick didn't work I tried system restore several times with no luck I tried starting the computer in safe mode but the startup got stuck on driver CLASSPNP SYS Finally I backed up my computer and made an image of my drive I tried doing a repair install of Windows The repair install finished correctly so I thought the problem was solved No such luck as my computer failed to start after I shut it down I am wondering what this problem could be a function of Is there a way to address it or do I need a new machine Thanks

A:Laptop stuck on "Starting Windows" Screen

One could try file checker command,

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

then : How to Run Disk Check in Windows 7

and then: Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times

And try to quickly check: Memory Diagnostics Tool

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/344554-laptop-stuck-starting-windows-screen.html
Relevancy 111.37%

Hi,
My HP Pavillion G6 laptop recently had a hard disk (I think) error and I was forced to use a clean install to keep on using my computer. After the clean install, everything seems to be working fine and for a week or so there have been no problems whatsoever. Just this afternoon,my computer failed to start, it was stuck at the "Starting Windows" screen. Safe mode refused to work either, stuck at the loading drivers screen. I have not changed my computer in any way before.
I tried to use startup repair and it went on FOREVER. LKGC failed too. I am currently contemplating another minimized image recovery, but i fear that my HD has failed.
I am most confused as to why there were no warning signs after my clean install, computer ran just like when i first bought it. This is a very sudden event.
Any help would be appreciated!

A:Win 7 64-bit stuck at "Starting Windows", no safe mode.

I too think your HDD is the main source of the problem,I would probably get another HDD and install windows on that and test it for the same time this one lasted before it failed on the re-install to see if it's a hd problem or not.If you have a spare HD I would test it on that pc and see if it loads faster or has the same problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/242969-win-7-64-bit-stuck-starting-windows-no-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 111.37%

Hi,I am attempting to install windows 7 x64 onto my pc and it hangs at the "Setup is Starting..." screen.  I waited for the screen to go away overnight but to no avail.  My system's specs are: Phenom II x3 720 beMSI 790GX-G65 Motherboard with integrated video and the latest bios2 Gigs of ram (going to expand to 6)640 gig Seagate sata hard drive in IDE modefirewire and integrated audio have been disabledusb enabled but usb compatibility mode disabledno floppy drive and it has been disabled onboard lan has been disabledThere was an instance where the installation got past that screen and asked me to choose a drive to install but none were selectable.  I used seagates utility to set up the drive with ntfs but that didn't solve the issue.  Is there anything else that I should try? 

A:Windows 7 Install is stuck at "Setup is Starting"

Hi,You can run Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor, it will tells you about any known compatibility issues.  If you have 64-bit version of Windows XP installed, trying to perform Upgrade install and check if the issue persists. Thomas Lin

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/942a14f6-d4d1-4064-9d2f-981d91272749/windows-7-install-is-stuck-at-quotsetup-is-startingquot?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 111.37%

Hello. I have a problem with my friend's laptop: an Acer E5-572G-58U0. I want to install Windows 7 Ultimate x64 from a USB stick. I choose the language, time and currecy and the keyboard language. I press "next" then "Instal now" and ... here is my problem. It stucks at "Setup is starting". I waited all the night but in the morning it was the same.

I know probabily there was many other threads but i didn't find anything useful there.

A:Windows 7 installer stuck at "Setup is starting"

Witch OS came on the Laptop? Win 8?
On BIOS, did you enabled CSM (Compatible System Mode)?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/400461-windows-7-installer-stuck-setup-starting.html
Relevancy 111.37%

Hey this is probably my first time ever creating a thread on troubleshooting something about my PC okay lets startoff that in the very beginning i had XP and decided to upgrade to win ultimate x It worked out awesome no problems Last night i was playing a game and i fell was @ screen, windows" Stuck FINE! everything "starting asleep on my bed i woke up in the middle of the night and shut it down with the Stuck @ "starting windows" screen, everything was FINE! power button method This morning i Stuck @ "starting windows" screen, everything was FINE! wokeup and i couldnt get into windows it just wouldnt boot up I tried doing the repair restore nothing worked I was just stuck on quot Starting windows quot screen it was really random I tried reformatting with windows thinking it would fix the quot starting windows quot problem but it just kept getting stuck after the fresh install of windows I've wasted hours of my day just frustrated pissed trying to see wat can possibly be causing this problem The thing is i went back to installing XP and it works fine Which is wat im operating under now I even tried installing XP and then reformatting with windows and nothing same exact problem getting stuck on the loading screen after the format was done Could it be BIOS I cant think of anything else Especially when windows XP is working its not like one of my hardware devices are defected Its just weird because just last night windows was working fine I dont know wat couldve went wrong just from the time i shut it down to the next morning when i wokeup and i couldnt get past my loading screen And about my computer knowledge ide say im not total newbie but im pretty mediocre at common sense troubleshooting problems i usually encounter i just dont see wat else to do after a fresh clean install of an OS usually that solves most problems I have a EVGA i mb gb ocz sli ram tb Western D HD gx All the help is appreciated Thank you

A:Stuck @ "starting windows" screen, everything was FINE!

Hello Electroh0lic, Welcome!

I must confess I am having difficulty understanding your post. No offense intended, could you please try again, this time using proper punctuation and capitalization?

Don't know if this is applicable, but you can try looking in my post http://www.sevenforums.com/installat...-problems.html to see if anything in there helps.

Thanks,
~Jonathan

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/48013-stuck-starting-windows-screen-everything-fine.html
Relevancy 110.51%

Dear Sirs I've spent last hours trying to fight the fate and I know there's been a lot of discussions around this issues But whatever I do my windows x would not proceed and is stuck at Expanding Windows Files Stage What I've Done - I have a pack of DVDs - both native one OEM and one from torrents written is 0%" 7 is Windows stuck back Installation Files on "Expanding - Windows at x - oh how stupid was I back then and how naive x and finally x and x speeds - in vain - I also created a bootable flash drive to use instead of DVD - did not make any difference - I tried testing and Windows 7 Installation is stuck on "Expanding Windows Files 0%" - is back removing my RAM one at a time changed slots etc - nope Memtest runs like a charm runs with windows utility Windows 7 Installation is stuck on "Expanding Windows Files 0%" - is back and in-bios utility - I tried to disable EVERYTHING in BIOS I could find - including support for legacy USB drives not when I was trying USB though - it would not find it Could not find any mentioning of Floppy or Tech Bridge Or K which helped some other people - I tried to eject-reinsert the DVD drive while installing as some people reported it helped - I even switched SATA cables swapped SATA cables and switched off everything else except for PS Keyboard even USB mouse was gone HDD and DVD - I formatted my HDD and I used both quot delete partition quot and quot format partition quot - on the dialogue where you choose where to install windows - Windows 7 Installation is stuck on "Expanding Windows Files 0%" - is back I booted from Boot Disk Utility to check HDD for bad sectors and format it again - Finally I tried some vodoo magic which apparently proved ineffective as well I am still sitting here and looking at quot Expanding Windows Files quot wondering if there is a chance for me to get this done My specs i- k - processor P S-C B Motherboard GeForce Ti video Gb x sticks Ram WD Blue GB HDD Would appreciate greatly any help and suggestions This same PC did not have any issues installing windows last year when I assembled it

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-installation-is-stuck-on-expanding-windows-files-0-is-back-739809.html
Relevancy 110.51%

Hi everyone,

I recently changed my led screen on my laptop and after restarting the computer - my computer wont go past the welcome screen before the User Log in (blue screen). So I decided to do a clean install on my hard drive.

After putting in windows CD and starting the computer - I can get the windows installer to start but after pressing the begin installation - it is getting stuck at "Setup is Starting"

I waited and watched it for few hours if it will start but no response. So, i'm here looking for some help in figuring out what is going wrong

Thanks
SyaoraN

A:Windows 7 - Stuck at "Setup is Starting"

Work through the steps to overcome installation failures in signature pic below.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/353777-windows-7-stuck-setup-starting.html
Relevancy 110.51%

Hello as the title says when I start my computer it freezes get stuck in quot Satrting Windows quot screen st time I got this problem screen Stuck at "starting windows" I took out RAMs and I put them Stuck at "starting windows" screen back in and I ran a memtest and it gave no errors then started the computer and it worked fine This time I tried - Safe mode with all its types Safe mode also freezes at classpnp sys - Last know good configuration this doesn't solve anything - F gt Repair computer this gets stuck in green loading bar with quot Microsoft corporations quot Screen - I inserted the original CD that I installed windows from and tried to access System recovery options through repairing and it gives me an error that says This version isn't compatible - I booted with memtest and ran tests on RAM aswell it gave no errors but still nothing what else can I do to solve this problem please My computer is HP Z Workstation Intel Xeon CPU gb RAM weeks and half ago I installed a nvidia geforce

A:Stuck at "starting windows" screen

Work through the steps for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start which try everything possible for starting the OS, leading up to if necessary rescuiing your files to Performing an HP system recovery or do the superior Clean Reinstall Windows 7.

Even if you choose to do the HP recovery be sure to read the Special Note to HP Owners at the end of the Reinstall tutorial as it will explain about Minimal Recovery available on many models that is almost as good as a Clean Reinstall.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/361867-stuck-starting-windows-screen.html
Relevancy 110.51%

After the new avast update all my programs just shut down and google chrome said quot aw snap quot I could not shut the computer down and was forced to shut it down manually After it restarted I can NOT get pass the loading screen it just stays there even safe mode it gets stuck I have tried everything from quot last known working roll back quot or w e it's called I have tried re seating my ram did hardware checks and everything "windows Computer up" starting is at stuck passes I tried wiping the whole computer but my cd drive is not working either now Computer stuck at "windows is starting up" and I know it worked because I just burnt cd's for my moms wedding So I am hoping you guys have another solution that I have not thought of I have been at this for hours I am using Windows XP Professional GB ram Oh and one of the ram slots do not work anymore Also it is not the windows cd because it works in my other computer

A:Computer stuck at "windows is starting up"

If you want your PC to boot from the CD drive when there are boot files still existing on the hard drive, you need to set CD-ROM as the first boot device in the boot sequence.

You do this this by getting into the BIOS Setup. For most computers, this involves holding down the 'Del' key as soon as you see the manufacturer's splash-screen. For some branded computers (HP, Packard Bell etc) it may be a different key such as one of the 'F' keys. It usually tells you which key to press at the bottom of the splash-screen

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-stuck-at-windows-is-starting-up-588024.html
Relevancy 110.51%

I had previously posted a thread about my laptop heavily lagging for no reason. Then i got some replies to clean up my hardware, which i did earlier today and i made about 60gb free by deleting movies and unnecessary files.

After like 5 hours now i turned my laptop on, and its stuck on boot loading screen for several minutes and then reboots itself to repair mode. Even after that, the problem was not fixed at all...

I even tried to boot into safemode, and that didnt work either!

Now im hanging on to another try of repair mode which seems to take way longer than the first one..

Plz help....

A:win7 stuck at "starting windows"

Do you have a windows 7 DVD?
if so please follow
Repair Windows 7 Using the Startup Repair Tool

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/win7-stuck-at-starting-windows-641045.html
Relevancy 110.08%

I am resetting my windows 7 and there is this message that says "Setup is starting services".I have been waiting for four hours so it can complete but it keeps saying this.I have tried to search the internet for a fix but none of them worked.

A:Windows 7 Laptop installation "Setup is starting services"

Start over using the latest official Win7 installation media for your licensed version provided in Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 and follow those steps closely to get and keep a perfect install.

This time delete all partitions during the booted install. This is explained in tutorial.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/348516-windows-7-laptop-installation-setup-starting-services.html
Relevancy 110.08%

I am helping out a friend by re-installing Windows 7 on his laptop. Unfortunately the laptop had been infected beyond repair by a virus/malware and would not boot past bios.

When installing Windows 7 x32, I make it to the "Setup is starting..." screen and it does not continue. It is not the disk as I have used the same one to install it on my laptop. The laptop is a Dell Inspiron 1545 with 4gb of ram and 500gb HDD space.
Please help!

A:Windows 7 installation hangs at "Setup is starting..." screen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-installation-hangs-at-setup-is-starting-screen.987374/
Relevancy 110.08%

Hello friends,I was installing win8 at my desktop pc.Suddenly power cut occured and it caused the compute to shut down.Then when I restarted my pc again a messege appeared saying that the installation has been corrupted and it can't be continued and it doesn't log on.After that when I tried to re-install win8 the setup got stuck at the "setup is starting" window.I waited overnight for it to go and the installation to start.But it doesn't happen.I have tried to re-install several times but the same problen happens again and again.So neither I can log into my computer now nor I can re-install windows.I don't know what to do.Friends please help me!

A:Windows 8 installation stucks at"setup is starting" window

So when you started to do a fresh install, you allowed the Win setup to do the format etc, when at setup stage, did you try delete and then recreate the partition?

Try Brink's Tutorial on Clean Install - Windows 8

Hopefully this will help you. A power surge and then sudden issues with hard drives is never a great sign.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/42468-windows-8-installation-stucks-setup-starting-window.html
Relevancy 110.08%

Hello,
I have been trying to install windows 7 Professional on a laptop I received that came with Windows 8.
The laptop is an Acer Aspire V3-572G.

I tried following this guide:
Downgrade Windows 8 to Windows 7

I get to step 5 where you boot from the UEFI drive (a USB created with Rufus in my case) and it loads the windows files, then displays the "starting windows" screen and then hangs.

I have also tried installing with another USB created with the Microsoft utility for making a bootable USB. For this one I set legacy mode in the BIOS and then tried to boot from the USB. When I do this it says that there is no bootable device.

Since neither of these approaches worked I am feeling pretty stuck and was hoping people had some possible solutions to the problems I have encountered.

Thanks!

A:Windows 7 Downgrade Installation Hangs on "Starting Windows"

If you're sure you followed exactly the steps in Option One of UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows
then it might come down to the BIOS settings. Besides disabling Secure Boot, it often requires some level of CSM or Legacy BIOS. We can usually spot these settings if you will take camera snaps of any settings on Advanced, Security and Boot tabs of BIOS setup that pertain to UEFI, Legacy BIOS, CSM and BIOS Boot Priority order. Expand each related setting so we can see the choices. Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/356825-windows-7-downgrade-installation-hangs-starting-windows.html
Relevancy 109.65%

MSI K7N2 Delta2 motherboard
512 mb ram
Athlon XP 2700

Bought a new 250 gig seagate SATA 7200.8 hard drive and a win xp home upgrade edition. enabled SATA in BIOS, connected SATA cable to SATA1 on mobo, BIOS didn't recognize the drive, connected to SATA2 and BIOS did recognize drive so I tried to partition and format using Seagate's DiscWizard from floppy. Things seemed to go fine until I got a message that format wasn't completed because of some error.

I went ahead and tried to install from xp cd, loaded SATA drivers from floppy, cd started loading but then hangs up at "setup is starting windows"

I've never used SATA before, and I'm not sure if there is anything else I can check or try. If so please let me know, thanks for any suggestions

Relevancy 108.79%

My aunt just purchased a Dell Inspiron 3455 all-in-one. After Windows installed I would do the basic set-up and set-up the wi-fi connection. Afterwards it would reboot then when it goes to the Windows "just a moment..." screen with the circle of animated dots it will stay on that screen and not do anything. I left it for hours and nothing happened. I tried the installation again without setting up an internet connection and same thing happens. 
What can I do to fix this problem?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19984766
Relevancy 108.79%

Hello, cheers to all of you who are trying to help!

Like the title says, I'm trying to install Windows 7 on Toshiba Equium and every time setup stops on the "Expanding Windows files (0%)". I've tried to google the solution but not a thing I tried helped.

Been there, done that list:
Memtest
Complete disk format (filling with 0's)
IDE/AHCI
Burning new DVDs
Using bootable USB
Debug mode
Reseting CMOS (default BIOS settings)
Selecting partition active with DISKPART
Do you have some other ideas other than what I've tried? In either way, I'm very thankful!

A:Windows 7 x86 and x64 installation stuck at "Expanding Windows Files"

Hello Cabbageman, welcome to Seven Forums!

The one thing you didn't mention is the probable suspect, where did the Windows installer you are using come from, perhaps that is the issue and securing another installer will sort it for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/248090-windows-7-x86-x64-installation-stuck-expanding-windows-files.html
Relevancy 108.79%

I am really confused about what to do. I was using my computer yesterday and all the sudden everything hangs , to the point where i could not access task manger.
I have Acer Aspire 5730z. Please suggest come fixes. SafeMode will not work. I tried to boot from cd but it loads the files but then again takes me straight to "starting windows" , this where the animation shows up.

Thank you .

A:Windows 7 STUCK on "Starting Windows" NO SAFEMODE

Welcome!

How long did you wait during the animation when you booted up the repair disc?

You may try testing your RAM. Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder. Boot from the CD, and run at least 5 passes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/79193-windows-7-stuck-starting-windows-no-safemode.html
Relevancy 108.79%

Okay i am having a really frustrating issue Everytime i figure something out wrong with my PC Something comes up But then again it wouldnt be a PC if it was perfect To be honest i dont even know what the heck im talkin about right now so let me go straight to the topic Before i was having a problem when i was installing windows it would get stuck at quot completing installation quot phase It would do the first restart and then when it was finalizing the screen would go black with a blinking cursor on the top left The reason stuck after windows" 7 "starting Windows on drivers why this happened was because of my video card Because the solution to that problem was i had to go to device manager after the first restart and disable the video card After that the setup would complete By this stage i was shootin fireworks in my house happy as all i can be But thennnnnnnn another problem came up and this is why i brought this whole deal up because it has to have something to do with it for a solution Okay so i boot into a fresh install of windows I have an GeForce EVGA gx When i installed the drivers for it and restarted i get stuck on quot Starting windows quot screen It has to be the graphics card again causing this To be honestly i dont even know what i have and havnt tried anymore My brain is currently at swiss cheese status I also thought maybe the SATA mode had something to do with it like the IDE SATA AHCI My last format was done in ACHI I also tried to install the AHCI driver and then install graphics card driver but i still get stuck when it restarts I tried the other modes and nothing worked to boot into windows One of them actually gives me the BSOD at the start I forgot which one The pathetic thing about this whole problem is back then when i had my windows installed i never had any issues with nothing everything was working perfectly until one day i wokeup to turn my computer on and i had a black screen with blinking cursor after Windows 7 stuck on "starting windows" after drivers doing a hard shutdown Thats the very very beginning of all my issues when they started I hope i am not getting you guys confused But yeah i know for a fact all my hardware parts are working correctly Ive tried a different Windows 7 stuck on "starting windows" after drivers monitor Nothing worked I just think it has to be some kind of setting maybe in the BIOS I have a new MB right now along with a new CPU When i had my older MB and CPU the windows installation going black at completing installtion was already taking place So it cant be because of that My very Windows 7 stuck on "starting windows" after drivers little computer knowledge hasnt had any luck with whats going on Someone please help PS i tried old driver versions and still had no luck Also tried googling and it seems like i dont see anyone else with this problem

A:Windows 7 stuck on "starting windows" after drivers

Welcome sammytweak2: Can we start with getting you to fillin your system specs? Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/54246-windows-7-stuck-starting-windows-after-drivers.html
Relevancy 108.79%

Hello. As in topic, I am unable to install Windows 7 from bootable USB stick made using RUFUS, basing on a guide on this forum (this big one). So few information about my system:

Laptop model: Sony Vaio SVE-something with win8 preinstalled (I wanted to make it dualboot win7/8)
Bios mode: UEFI with secure boot disabled.

USB stick seems correct, as I managed to launch windows 7 setup.exe under working system, and it even copied all the files to the drive on which I want to install it.

Quick help appreciated.

Best regards /marciopol

A:Windows 7 instalation stuck at "Starting Windows 7"

Work through these steps for Overcoming Windows 7 Installation Failures - Windows 7 Help Forums

If you're attempting to install to UEFI did you format the flash stick installer using Option One in UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/331125-windows-7-instalation-stuck-starting-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 108.79%

I have a Dell Inspiron 8200, which I've recently installed Windows Vista on no problem. I tried to upgrade to Windows 7, but the setup wouldn't load when I booted from the USB. It was stuck at "Starting Windows". Awhile ago I also tried windows 7 and I booted into windows 7 setup in safe mode and the drivers stopped at "Disk.sys". Please help.

My computer even passed the Windows 7 Upgrade Adviser, saying I could run Windows 7.
These are my specs:

Inspiron 8200
Windows Vista Home Basic
Intel Pentium 4 1.20/1.60 Ghz CPU
1gb of RAM
64mb video memory
37gb Hard Drive
Designed for Windows XP Pro

A:Windows 7 install stuck at "Starting Windows"

Work through the steps to Troubleshoot Windows 7 Installation Failures - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/366174-windows-7-install-stuck-starting-windows.html
Relevancy 108.79%

So, I know this isn't exactly a BSOD, but I couldn't find any other place to post it. Here we go.

Basically, it's exactly what it says on the tin. Win7 get stuck at the Starting Windows screen. I tried leaving it run for an hour and it didn't get any further. Thing is, this happened to me the last few times I turned on the PC, but I was always able to fix it by using the Startup Repair tool. This time, however, it didn't work. I looked all over the internet for any solution, but most of them require my Windows to start. I can't even start it in Safe Mode. I'm not exactly tech savvy, so I have no idea what might be causing it. Any help would be appreciated

A:Windows 7 gets stuck at "Starting Windows" screen

Please follow this tutorial: Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/304650-windows-7-gets-stuck-starting-windows-screen.html
Relevancy 108.79%

My laptop was slow so i restarted but when restarting i used force restart because it was taking so much time. Now when i open my laptop up it gets stuck at "Starting Windows" screen.

Things Tried:
* Tried to boot in safe mode but it gets stuck there
* Tried Start up Repair option but it's still searching for problem
* Tried to use system restore but i didn't had any restore point

Specs:
Dell Latitude E6400
Hitachi 500GB HDD
4 GB Ram
Intel Centrino/Duo 2 (Not sure)

Thanks In Advance

A:Windows 7 Stuck at "Starting Windows" screen

Quote: Originally Posted by ninetailz

My laptop was slow so i restarted but when restarting i used force restart because it was taking so much time. Now when i open my laptop up it gets stuck at "Starting Windows" screen.

Things Tried:
* Tried to boot in safe mode but it gets stuck there
* Tried Start up Repair option but it's still searching for problem
* Tried to use system restore but i didn't had any restore point

Specs:
Dell Latitude E6400
Hitachi 500GB HDD
4 GB Ram
Intel Centrino/Duo 2 (Not sure)

Thanks In Advance

Wait for startup repair to finish and if it works then try and boot again if it doesn't click on the drop down menu when it says couldn't fix and put a summary of it here.

It also wouldn't hurt running a chkdsk, boot into Windows Recovery Environment(Spam f8 as soon as you press the power button until a screen comes up with some option then press enter on WinRE) click on Command Prompt and check which disk your main disk is(For me it's E: when booting into WinRE but you might want to type
diskpart
and then type
list volume, your files should be in a volume labelled Windows dri).
Then type
chkdsk /r /f (Drive letter):.

Then reboot and see if it will load.

If neither of those things work then I'm sure someone else can help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/318185-windows-7-stuck-starting-windows-screen.html
Relevancy 108.79%

Hi

I run a computer repair business and today I have had numerous customers reporting an issue with Windows 7 not booting and just sitting on the "starting windows" screen

Just wanted to see if anyone else has had this today and if any idea of cause i.e. update etc?

Startup Repair fails to fix it

System Restore either won't complete or it completes and boots okay into safe mode, but then exact same issue trying to boot in to normal mode

A:Windows 7 stuck on "starting windows" screen

Tried Last Known Good Configuration yet?
Or clean startup Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup?
If you are servicing these machines, maybe it is some app you installed? Or are you only repairing and have nothing to do with setup? Any common apps/AntiVirus among them?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/373216-windows-7-stuck-starting-windows-screen.html
Relevancy 108.79%

Hello, my laptop just got stuck on windows 7 loading screen, I can get into the safe mode, but not in the normal mode.

I already tried to use startup repair, system restore, andthe last good configuration mode. It just keeps stuck on windows 7 loading screen. Can anyone help me?

A:Windows 7 stuck up on "starting windows" screen

Work through these steps for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start starting with disinfection since it may not repair until cleaned up if infected.

What is the problem with System Restore? Did you go all the way back? Could be a driver update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/273458-windows-7-stuck-up-starting-windows-screen.html
Relevancy 108.36%

Okay, jumper's in the right spot, thanks to kiwiguy and /\/\r. Abdul. The hard drive is now installed, Now i tried to set up windows, but i have a blue screen again that has "Setup is starting Windows" on it, and I've waited a good 15 minutes for it to change, and still nothing. Thanks for all your guy's help, i really appreciate your putting up with my n00b-ness

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setup-is-starting-windows-still-there-even-after-installation-of-hdd.374009/
Relevancy 108.36%

Hey I have recently just got a motherboard and CPU from a friend of mine I have put the basics in it just to see if it will actually run and it does So I put my Windows XP disc in and booted from the disc and it proceeded with installation as normal except when "Starting Windows" during installation BSOD when it reaches quot Starting Windows quot and then it gives me a BSOD straight away Thinking this would be okay I restarted my PC and tried BSOD when "Starting Windows" during installation to boot from the files it copied onto my HDD this did not happen I also tried changing the HDD to one with Windows XP pre-installed which gave me the options to boot in safe mode optimised settings and normally etc but as soon as I select quot Start Windows Normally quot it just restarts my PC Here are some specs Motherboard Asus not too sure on model no but it has PCI-E and support for sata drives Processor Intel Pentium ghz RAM DDR I am currently stuck with a PCI graphics card untill this Friday when I BSOD when "Starting Windows" during installation get paid not sure if this would cause any problems BSOD when "Starting Windows" during installation Thanks guys nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-when-starting-windows-during-installation.808036/
Relevancy 108.36%

Hey guys Pulling my hair out with this one so figured I'd post here to see if anyone has any suggestions First my setup Mobo Asus A R-MVP BIOS last stable release Video nVidia GeForce GT RAM GB DDR Main HD GB IDE with partitions XP on GB Windows aimed for GB and free space for Windows" "Starting get past Can't installation the Can't get installation past "Starting Windows" rest Other HDs x TB RAID general storage If I launch the setup from a DVD it gets past quot Windows is loading files quot then immediately freezes at quot Starting Windows quot right before any of the coloured balloons show up in fact it hangs the instant the first orange pixel is displayed So I tried launching the setup from Windows XP Pointed it to the proper partition it extracts the files reboots and the exact same thing happens Can't get past the first orange pixel For both cases I've tried pressing F on boot and selecting quot safe mode quot or quot low resolution mode quot but no dice Safe mode seems to always get stuck on disk sys for what it's worth but I understand that could even mean it's hanging on whatever the next driver is Other things I've tried -replaced nVidia video card with ATI x no difference -removed all sticks of RAM except one no difference -removed all Can't get installation past "Starting Windows" unused peripheral devices no difference -disabled all unused on-board devices no difference If anyone has any ideas or suggestions I'm all ears I've installed Windows successfully so many times on different hardware so I'm finding this completely mind-boggling Thanks for reading Bash

A:Can't get installation past "Starting Windows"

Can you try using only 1GB (RAM) memory stick during installation, you can bring them back after the windows is installed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/76354-cant-get-installation-past-starting-windows.html
Relevancy 108.36%

I SSD. installation" on windows new at "Completing 7 Stuck install bought a new SSD today It is a kingston v gb so I want Stuck at "Completing installation" install windows 7 on new SSD. to install windows on my new ssd I already have HDD installed One had the old windows so I install the SSD and do a complete rewiring of my pc because its to messy Then hooked up everything except the old HDD So i go to the bios and change the boot priority to my dvd drive but i notice that is doesnt detect my ssd I just proceed changing the setting to AHCI for TRIM Then reboot and go to the BIOS again Now it detect my SSD So i proceed install windows On the quot Where to install windows quot It says something like quot windows cant install on the drive quot cant remember I reboot the pc and enter the setup again and it went fine After reboot once it stuck at quot completing installation quot my mouse pointer wont hover Tried reinstalling it twice but still stuck there So i unplugged my ssd and just connect to my old HDD that has windows but now when it boot up on my old HDD it stuck on quot starting windows quot Did i do something wrong

A:Stuck at "Completing installation" install windows 7 on new SSD.

Now it doesnt posting. is my pc dead?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/267771-stuck-completing-installation-install-windows-7-new-ssd.html
Relevancy 108.36%

Hi all Wanted to do a nice clean installation on a HP Compaq dc Convertible Minitower Using known good Windows volume USB which I have used a dozen times with no loading "Windows files..." at is stuck Installation issues Installation stuck at "Windows is loading files..." I get stuck at quot Windows is loading files quot as I don't think that screen is ever supposed to be there over an hour or so Linux mint live USB boots just fine Using Windows OEM disc not legal on that rig but I was testing I got past the loading screen and reached quot Windows cannot be installed to this disk This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk quot error instead I toyed around with ram sticks They're installed as they should be Then tried both of them in the correct black slot to see if one of them might be bad Then installed two additional sticks to see if it had enough memory to load the OS Same result I've reset the bios The SATA settings aren't on RAID The original OS that I'm trying to replace also boots just fine Just running out of ideas here

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/388634-installation-stuck-windows-loading-files.html
Relevancy 108.36%

I installed an ocz vertex 4 ssd (256g model) into my msi gt70 laptop. A product key came with the laptop, and I've burned windows 7 to a disc. I made sure the ssd has priority in the BIOS too.

When I start up the installation, it gets to the "Installing updates" step, but doesn't progress any further, the laptop is effectively frozen on that step. I've tried re-installing a couple times now and it continues to get stuck on "Installing updates".

Do I need an active internet connection for this step by any chance?

A:Windows 7 64B installation stuck on "Installing updates"

Hello angrychair, welcome to Seven Forums!

You do not need 'active' internet to install.

Study the information and steps outlined in the tutorials linked below to sort through each in-turn and be sure to post back with any further questions you may have and to keep us informed.

If the installer is one you acquired perhaps the ISO file is bad and another will work; or if you burned it to DVD, another burn is needed, use ImgBurn at no greater than x4 speed with a verify. ImgBurn Free ISO Burning Software
If the PC is capable, add the installation files to a USB stick and boot that for the install. USB Windows 7 Installation Key Drive - Create

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/245365-windows-7-64b-installation-stuck-installing-updates.html
Relevancy 108.36%

Situation I have just upgraded Vista Home Premium SP to Windows Ultimate both bit The Vista install I started with was clean I upgraded instead of custom installed because some of the drivers for my machine are hard to find After working fine without apparent driver or software conflicts startup started hanging at quot Starting Windows quot Observations For a while it was possible to get in via Last Windows." Stuck at "Starting Known Good Configuration but mostly that doesn't work anymore Windows will boot occasionally directly or via Stuck at "Starting Windows." Last Known even when no settings have been changed in the last session Windows will boot every time after chkdsk runs at boot After that it will hang again The situation was temporarily resolved including clean bootlogs for about startups back to back by moving the partition to another location on the harddisk The odd thing is that Stuck at "Starting Windows." neither chkdsk or other disk software finds disk or boot sector errors nor did sfc find problems with system files The Hitachi drive fitness test finds no problems Failure resumed when I tried to install software This software was not installed before when the problem started and is not Stuck at "Starting Windows." the cause itself but may point to a problem with the boot data I have seen several warnings that the system did not shut down cleanly but the shutdowns seem clean Tried Startup Repair - Can not find the cause Device Manager - No problems msconfig services and startup - Disabled half the services and startups then the other half then all but Microsoft then all msconfig bootlog - Everything loads up to CLASSPNP then lots of quot did not loads quot msconfig no UI - Everything loads up to CLASSPNP then nothing happens sfc - No problems dism - No problems chkdsk f st - Fixed several problems at boot First boot after a chkdsk boot check is always succesful eventhough chkdsk reports no further problems C Properties Tools Error checking Auto fix amp Scan bad chkdsk f r nd - No problems perfmon report - No problems bootrec fixboot - Completes bootrec fixmbr - Completes bootrec rebuildbcd - Including rename C boot bcd bcd old Finds OS and completes bootrec scanos - Finds no OS Suggested in reply Manufacturer's drive fitness test - No problems Basic Information OS Name Microsoft Windows Ultimate Version Build System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model HP Pavilion tx Notebook PC System Type X -based PC Processor AMD Turion tm X Mobile Technology TL- Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Hewlett-Packard F SMBIOS Version Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB This is odd Virtual memory is disabled and the page-file removed This is confirmed by Computer Properties Advanced and Resource Monitor Solution Unresolved Formatted the partition and clean installed Windows adding drivers only when devices had not been recognized or when those installed during Windows installation were unsatisfying Not pretty but looks stable clean boot hang freeze boot startup strange intermittent phantom nothing wrong setup repair

A:Stuck at "Starting Windows."

Hello Cavaldi, welcome to SF!

Please follow these instructions to post the info we need to help?
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/174687-stuck-starting-windows.html
Relevancy 108.36%

I have been using dell studio laptop since last 4 years. But since today morning it's getting stuck on Starting Windows screen. Have tried to start it in safe mood but it's not showing any advanced setup option after pressing F8 key. It shows only two option launch repair and start windows normally. Have tried to select launch startup repair option but it's showing blank blue screen after few minutes and then no progress. Please help me.

A:Stuck on "Starting Windows"

Please fill in your System Specs completely so we know what we are dealing with.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/357210-stuck-starting-windows.html
Relevancy 108.36%

I just bought my system and it will load the data but when it gets to the quot Starting Windows quot screen it just sits there I'm trying to do a clean instal of Windows Ultimate Full I did hit the reset button the first time around I'm feeling like that might be it but at Windows" "Starting Stuck it still goes through the process like it is going to load then sits at the quot Starting Windows quot screen I did wait an hour before I began to think maybe something was not right in my BIOS but everything is regestering there I'll even see the Stuck at "Starting Windows" HD light up when it is first loading data but then it stops at the quot Starting Windows quot screen and doesn't ask for any info from me AMD Phenom II X Black Eddition XFX Black Eddition MSI FXA Crucial Ballistix DDR gig Western Digital Caviar T Sata I had to use a older DVD player but it works It is a Sony DVD CD-RW So did the reset muck thing up so that it won't load or is it something else

A:Stuck at "Starting Windows"

You could try "last known good"

Using Last Known Good Configuration

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/92215-stuck-starting-windows.html
Relevancy 107.5%

I've been browsing Google and these forums for ideas the last week as to why the the installation would hang at this point, but have found no solid answers that work. so far I've tried the following:
Unplugging all USB devices that aren't needed.
Updated Bios to the most recent version available and reset back to defaults.
Double check that all essential hardware is compatible with 64 bit ( the documentation I've found says that all of my hardware is ok).
Tried booting from DVD, burned at slowest speed.
Tried booting from USB.
Tried both 32 and 64 bit versions with the same results

Any Ideas to why Windows hangs at the "completing installation" point?

A:Stuck on "completing installation" on Windows 7 X64

Quote: Originally Posted by halomaster

I've been browsing Google and these forums for ideas the last week as to why the the installation would hang at this point, but have found no solid answers that work. so far I've tried the following:
Unplugging all USB devices that aren't needed.
Updated Bios to the most recent version available and reset back to defaults.
Double check that all essential hardware is compatible with 64 bit ( the documentation I've found says that all of my hardware is ok).
Tried booting from DVD, burned at slowest speed.
Tried booting from USB.
Tried both 32 and 64 bit versions with the same results

Any Ideas to why Windows hangs at the "completing installation" point?

RAID driver? Max mem or Max cpu checked. Has the dvd been successful in installing win 7 before?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/84227-stuck-completing-installation-windows-7-x64.html
Relevancy 107.07%

Recently completed a PC build. When I inserted and tried to install Windows 7 off the disc, I was only able to get up to the "Starting Windows" screen until my computer restarted. It continued doing this.

I checked my RAM and it is working perfectly. I triple checked all of the wiring. I'm not really sure what else to do.

My specs are:

CPU: Intel Core i3-2120 3.3GHz Dual-Core Processor
Motherboard: Biostar TZ77B ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
Memory: PNY XLR8 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 1GB Video Card
Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: OCZ 600W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply
Optical Drive: Sony DDU1681S-0B DVD/CD Drive

A:First installation of Windows 7 x64 restarts on "Starting Windows"

Have you tried it with just a single stick of RAM?

Are all of these components new?

Is your installation disc burned, retail, OEM, borrowed, or ???

How did you check the RAM?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/232654-first-installation-windows-7-x64-restarts-starting-windows.html
Relevancy 107.07%

I just bought a new laptop without a OS (I bought it separate).
When I am installing Windows Home Premium 64 bit from the DVD, it gets past the "Loading files" screen, and the stops completely at "Starting Windows".

Do anyone got an solution to my annoying problem?

Specs:
2x Radeon HD 8970M 4GB GDDR5 in CrossFire
4th gen Intel Core? i7-4700MQ processor, quad core 2.4GHz
16GB DDR3 1600MHz SO-DIMM RAM (2x8GB)
Intel 335 Series 180GB SSD SATA 2.5"
1TB SATA 2.5"
Super Multi 8X DVDRW burner

A:Windows installation freeze at "Starting Windows"

You might try copying the installation files from your installation disc to your hard drive, and run the setup.exe from there...

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/303999-windows-installation-freeze-starting-windows.html
Relevancy 104.92%

I have Windows Ultimate x The other day I was afk while listening to loud music from my computer boot and freeze "LOADED at "Starting Windows" Windows ...\disk.sys" on Suddenly the speakers began screaming in a high pitch and when I got to my computer it had frozen I tried to reboot it but it simply froze at the Windows loading screen with the floating balls of light and the text quot Starting Windows quot I have also tried booting from the Windows Installation DVD but it freezes at the loading screen once again I then tried to use the Startup Repair Tool only to find Windows freezing at the loading screen again When trying to reboot in safe mode it freezes again just after having loaded quot disk sys quot These are the things I have tried so far - I have run memory tests using Memtest - I have run hard disk drive tests using SeaTools - No errors were found - I removed the sound card from the MB with same boot result EDIT - I have reset the BIOS - I booted with Windows freeze on boot at "Starting Windows" and "LOADED ...\disk.sys" GB of RAM instead of my standard GB Anyone who can think of other things I should try

A:Windows freeze on boot at "Starting Windows" and "LOADED ...\disk.sys"

Suggest you run SFC. {Option 2}
You may need to run it at least 3 times.
Let us know the report at the end please.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/210142-windows-freeze-boot-starting-windows-loaded-disk-sys.html
Relevancy 104.49%

Hello guys i am new to the forum I did not want it to come to this but i have to ask for help I know much about pc Stuck Windows On "Starting 7 Windows" as well but I can not solve this problem on my on Spec notebook PC is powered by GHz Intel Core Duo Processor T with -MB L Cache MHz FSB and it features Mobile Intel GM Express Chipset -MB -GB DDR MHz SDRAM upgradeable to -GB using dual soDIMM modules -GB Serial-ATA hard disk drive with Acer Disk Anti-Shock Protection DASP technology and internal X DVD-Super Multi double layer DVD writer I have windows on it Everything was working fine yesterday but now Windows 7 Stuck On "Starting Windows" i am really confused about what to Windows 7 Stuck On "Starting Windows" do Couple notes the pc will not go into safemode it lists harddrives then it stops and does not seem to go on I was wondering if there a way to just format it without me having it load to desktop first Thanks nbsp

A:Windows 7 Stuck On "Starting Windows"

You have given us everything but the brand of notebook but most have a repair environment you can boot to and then use System Restore to go back a day or two and boot back up. There should also be a hard disk repair tool another option to run as well as "Startup Repair".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-stuck-on-starting-windows.917683/
Relevancy 104.49%

Solved You just need to boot from your Windows installation DVD and then get into recovery and then enter to the command prompt and finally type bootsect exe nt all Anyone know what Windows"? at "Starting 7 Windows stuck might have caused this though I just installed Windows Ultimate x on my Msi GT After the first reboot it loaded fine but after that it always gets stuck on quot Starting Windows quot for a Windows 7 stuck at "Starting Windows"? good minutes I have tried to boot into safemode but it always gets stuck at class pnp or crcdisk sys which I then renamed to old so they woudln't load I then get disk sys everytime I try to load into safemode I got startup recovery to run once but it failed and said that there was a driver error Anyone know what could be wrong Thanks Microsoft R Windows R Version Build Loaded driver SystemRoot system ntoskrnl exe Loaded driver SystemRoot system hal dll Loaded driver Windows 7 stuck at "Starting Windows"? SystemRoot system Windows 7 stuck at "Starting Windows"? kdcom dll Loaded driver SystemRoot system mcupdate GenuineIntel dll Loaded driver SystemRoot system PSHED dll Loaded driver SystemRoot system CLFS SYS Loaded driver SystemRoot system CI dll Loaded driver SystemRoot system drivers Wdf sys Loaded driver SystemRoot system drivers WDFLDR SYS Loaded driver SystemRoot system DRIVERS ACPI sys Loaded driver SystemRoot system DRIVERS WMILIB SYS Loaded driver SystemRoot system DRIVERS msisadrv sys Loaded driver SystemRoot system DRIVERS pci sys Loaded driver SystemRoot system DRIVERS vdrvroot sys Loaded driver SystemRoot System drivers partmgr sys Loaded driver SystemRoot system DRIVERS compbatt sys Loaded driver SystemRoot system DRIVERS BATTC SYS Loaded driver SystemRoot system DRIVERS volmgr sys Loaded driver SystemRoot System drivers volmgrx sys Loaded driver SystemRoot System drivers mountmgr sys Loaded driver SystemRoot system DRIVERS iaStor sys Loaded driver SystemRoot system DRIVERS atapi sys Loaded driver SystemRoot system DRIVERS ataport SYS Loaded driver SystemRoot system DRIVERS msahci sys Loaded driver SystemRoot system DRIVERS PCIIDEX SYS Loaded driver SystemRoot system DRIVERS amdxata sys Loaded driver SystemRoot system drivers fltmgr sys Loaded driver SystemRoot system drivers fileinfo sys Loaded driver SystemRoot System Drivers Ntfs sys Loaded driver SystemRoot System Drivers msrpc sys Loaded driver SystemRoot System Drivers ksecdd sys Loaded driver SystemRoot System Drivers cng sys Loaded driver SystemRoot System drivers pcw sys Loaded driver SystemRoot System Drivers Fs Rec sys Loaded driver SystemRoot system drivers ndis sys Loaded driver SystemRoot system drivers NETIO SYS Loaded driver SystemRoot System Drivers ksecpkg sys Loaded driver SystemRoot System drivers tcpip sys Loaded driver SystemRoot System drivers fwpkclnt sys Loaded driver SystemRoot system DRIVERS vmstorfl sys Loaded driver SystemRoot system DRIVERS volsnap sys Loaded driver SystemRoot System Drivers spldr sys Loaded driver SystemRoot System drivers rdyboost sys Loaded driver SystemRoot System Drivers mup sys Loaded driver SystemRoot System drivers hwpolicy sys Loaded driver SystemRoot System DRIVERS fvevol sys Loaded driver SystemRoot system DRIVERS disk sys Loaded driver SystemRoot system DRIVERS CLASSPNP SYS Loaded driver SystemRoot system DRIVERS cdrom sys Loaded driver SystemRoot System Drivers Null SYS Loaded driver SystemRoot System Drivers Beep SYS Loaded driver SystemRoot System drivers vga sys Loaded driver SystemRoot System DRIVERS RDPCDD sys Loaded driver SystemRoot system drivers rdpencdd sys Loaded driver SystemRoot system drivers rdprefmp sys Loaded driver SystemRoot System Drivers Msfs SYS Loaded driver SystemRoot System Drivers Npfs SYS Loaded driver SystemRoot system DRIVERS tdx sys Loaded driver SystemRoot system drivers afd sys Loaded driver SystemRoot System DRIVERS netbt sys Loaded driver SystemRoot system DRIVERS wfplwf sys Loaded driver Sys... Read more

A:Windows 7 stuck at "Starting Windows"?

Quote: Originally Posted by johnnyham89

I just installed Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on my Msi GT627. After the first reboot it loaded fine but after that it always gets stuck on "Starting Windows" for a good 15 minutes. I have tried to boot into safemode but it always gets stuck at class.pnp or crcdisk.sys which I then renamed to .old so they woudln't load. I then get disk.sys everytime I try to load into safemode. I got startup recovery to run once but it failed and said that there was a driver error. Anyone know what could be wrong? Thanks

Hi and welcome.
I just looked up your laptop and couldn't find drivers for Win7 64bit.
Actually I didn't see any Win7 drivers just Vista.
Have you considered installing the 32 bit version instead of 64 bit?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/79661-windows-7-stuck-starting-windows.html
Relevancy 103.63%

A couple of nights ago Windows requested to do some updates It had it automatically picked can't mode access or "Starting Windows", safe Stuck on repair mode but I decided to look at the optional updates it recommended but didn't select I went ahead and asked to install all of them After restarting and rebooting computer since Stuck on "Starting Windows", can't access repair mode or safe mode then my computer hangs gets stuck on quot Starting Windows quot It's not a freeze I guess as the logo is still animated whilst booting but I've had it like that for hours without success I searched Stuck on "Starting Windows", can't access repair mode or safe mode the issue up on google and it seems very common after windows updates never happened to me before however but every fix solution suggested seem to vary drastically between HDD Fault Motherboard dying You downloaded something naughty etc etc I can't make any progress on many of these quot solutions quot though When pushing F upon boot and then selecting quot Repair my computer quot the screen will turn black and I will only be able to see a low quality cursor The other route to many solutions was via safe mode but that doesn't load either anymore I booted from safe mode successfully once restored from a previous point on the th of February maybe the last boot before the updates and stupidly let windows shutdown and install the same updates again I think Since then it also gets stuck loading files Running Windows Professional Edition Any help is appreciated

A:Stuck on "Starting Windows", can't access repair mode or safe mode

Hi there Dougy282,

Do you have your Windows OS CD by any chance? If so, I recommend performing a "REPAIR-INSTALL" and see if that resolves this. You would definitely need your legitimate copy of Windows OS CD though.

Hope everything works out well for you and feel free to ask more questions, thank you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/stuck-on-starting-windows-cant-access-repair-mode-or-safe-mode-960057.html
Relevancy 102.77%

For a couple weeks now, My laptop has been making a "pop" sound everytime on start up after the windows logo comes together it makes a faint pop sound then continues to the login screen. Everytime I muted or unmuted the speakers it would make the sound too. I changed my driver the the Windows default and it stopped but the pop won't.

Laptop Model / Manufacturer : Gateway NV53A
Sound Driver : Realtek (But changed to Windows Default)

A:Laptop speakers emit a "pop" sound after "Starting Windows"

The windows default is the culprit here.

When your system boots, drivers started one after another, the pop sound came in because the default driver is not built to especially manage your audio card.

Download the driver from the manufacturer according to your model, install it and I assure you all will be fine.

cheers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/166514-laptop-speakers-emit-pop-sound-after-starting-windows.html
Relevancy 102.77%

Hi I have a Toshiba r - PT E work laptop It is running Windows x Enterprise It has one GB stick of ram which is PC Windows Windows" getting Laptop "Error or hangs at "Starting 0xC0000225" works fine with this I have obtained a GB stick of ram which is PC With just this one in Windows works fine However if I have BOTH sticks put in the BIOS recognises that there is GB installed but Windows fails to boot It gets stuck at the quot Starting Windows quot screen If I restart it asks me if I want to start windows normally or to run the Windows repair If I try that I get the message quot Laptop hangs at "Starting Windows" or getting "Error 0xC0000225" Error xc The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible quot I tried using a Windows System Restore disc but that doesnt work If I try either of the sticks in the laptop one at a time then Windows boots up fine Is this just down to the laptop not being compatible with the mixture of speeds I thought that if they were mixed it would just use the lower speed by default So confused

A:Laptop hangs at "Starting Windows" or getting "Error 0xC0000225"

Hello borito, Welcome to SevenForums!

Is this a laptop provided by a company you work for by any chance?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/331694-laptop-hangs-starting-windows-getting-error-0xc0000225.html
Relevancy 101.48%

I am stuck on "Start Windows normally" and "Launch startup repair"
When I choose "Start Windows Normally",it gives me blue screen with the following error:Unmountable_Boot_Volume.On "Launch startup repair" I am stuck on the Windows 7 wallpaper with cursor and can't even open Cmd trough Shift+F10.I've tried re-installing windows from USB stick and I am also stuck on "Setup is Starting".Any help please,and how much I am screwed?
P.S-On Advanced boot options I can't use Safe Mode,Safe Mode with Networking,Safe Mode with Command prompt and Last Known Good Configuration,it gets me back to "Start Windows Normally" and "Launch startup repair".

A:Stuck on "Start Windows normally" and "Launch startup repair"

Time to boot to an external testing/repair environment, such as a Win7 Repair disk or a hard drive test disk.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/365597-stuck-start-windows-normally-launch-startup-repair.html
Relevancy 100.19%

Hello First let me tell you about my system nbsp nbsp This is an Inspiron E laptop with the T Core Duo processor running at GHZ nbsp nbsp It has GB of RAM and a brand new GB Hitachi Travelstar hard drive RPM nbsp nbsp It also has the GeForce Go GS video card nbsp nbsp nbsp It previously had Windows XP Professional bit and worked fine nbsp nbsp But I have three computers in my home and home office with E1705/9400 Inspiron Windows with entries exclamation "Base Device" my under point two Devices" "Other on - Installation New System Minor for Problem yellow 7 and would like them all to work better together on my wired home network so I am upgrading all three to Windows nbsp nbsp My two desktops one is Dimension XPS and the other is Dimension XPS seem like they will be no problem to upgrade to Windows nbsp nbsp But this laptop was not listed on Dell s Windows Compatibility List nbsp nbsp However the Windows Upgrade Advisor that I downloaded and ran seemed to say that Minor Problem with New Windows 7 Installation on my Inspiron E1705/9400 - two entries for "Base System Device" under "Other Devices" with yellow exclamation point it was OK to do a clean install of bit Windows and it only Minor Problem with New Windows 7 Installation on my Inspiron E1705/9400 - two entries for "Base System Device" under "Other Devices" with yellow exclamation point had a few minor concerns where it said to check for updated drivers from the manufacturer nbsp nbsp The laptop originally came with a GB hard drive nbsp nbsp For my use that is getting very small so I decided to get the same exact RPM drive in the GB size nbsp nbsp This will allow me to do a clean install of the bit Windows OS on the new hard drive and not have to wipe the old drive to do it nbsp nbsp I can just hold onto the old HD and stick it back in whenever I might need to get something off of it So here is my minor problem nbsp nbsp After transferring a few needed items off the old hard drive I installed the new GB drive and did a clean install of the bit version of Windows nbsp nbsp nbsp I m happy to report that I had virtually no problems with the installation and everything appears to be working fine nbsp nbsp It seems a little bit more zippy than it was before and I haven t run into anything so far that doesn t seem to be working nbsp nbsp I have gone through most of the features and most everything looks great nbsp nbsp But there is one minor problem showing in the Device Manager nbsp nbsp At least I think it s a minor problem but maybe someone else can give me some input as to whether it is or not In the Device Manager List there is a category now called quot Other Devices quot and the icon shows a little white circle with a question mark in it nbsp nbsp nbsp When you expand this category you see two identical entries that say nbsp nbsp quot Base System Device quot nbsp and the icon has a yellow circle with an exclamation point in it nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp I know from previous experience that it s not a good thing to see items in the Device Manager that have a yellow circle with an exclamation point nbsp nbsp I have clicked on both of these and neither one really tells you what the device is or who made it or who s website you would go to for a driver nbsp nbsp nbsp Under the general tab it has the following information nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Device Type nbsp nbsp nbsp - nbsp nbsp nbsp Other Devices nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Manufacturer nbsp nbsp - nbsp nbsp Unknown nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Location nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PCI Bus nbsp Device nbsp Function nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Under De... Read more

A:Minor Problem with New Windows 7 Installation on my Inspiron E1705/9400 - two entries for "Base System Device" under "Other Devices" with yellow exclamation point

BTW, I just downloaded and installed the driver pack from that ftp location and it worked, even for Windows 8.1 - 64 bit.
Thanks Steve!

Roger

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19313275
Relevancy 98.9%

So after I have prepared the notebook for a user, I normally take a 'windows' image, (backup) before I SOPHOS encrypt. (as I have had this happen before). Since Windows did not load up on this notebook, I have applied the image twice after the notebook fails
to load windows, the third time,  I completely reformatted the drive (erased) and applied the image again. The notebook was working just fine before I applied SOPHOS and run fine before I apply SOPHOS.

Any ideas??

Christopher Espinoza MCDST(XP), MCITP(Win7)

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a3b9f147-337b-4b32-aa5c-b9cb07404d1e/windows-7-hangs-at-quotstarting-windowsquot-but-i-hear-the-sound-that-windows-loaded-after-i?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 98.47%

WINDOWS 7 Setup stuck at "setup is starting" in my acer aspire...........and waited for 1 hour and finally went to partition drivers ........ i pressed next and i am stuck at Copying Windows Files (0%)........and finally after half an hour...it came.................."Windows could not format a partition on disk 0.The error occurred while preparing the partition selected for installation.Error code:0x80070057"........................What should i do now????????? previously it would run windows 7 ultimate x64 bit..............one day........these was an unexpected shutdown..........and when i tried to start it again........it showed that repair your operating system..............i think my problem is i am now trying to install windows 7 ultimate(x32 bit).......if i am wrong.........help me in any other way please????????????? thankzz in advance.......

A:WINDOWS 7 Setup stuck at "setup is starting"

Could you take all the ............
????????????? and out of you post so it can be read.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/376544-windows-7-setup-stuck-setup-starting.html
Relevancy 98.47%

last week, my windows 10 upgraded laptop always gets not responding, then i decided to format my laptop and reinstall windows 7, when i was copying my important files to data d, suddenly it crashed then stucks at the start up loading, then i tried to do the automatic repair and just reset it, then when i waited for 9 or more hours, it was stuck at 95% done, then crashed again, then after that crash, the automatic repair cannot do anything, so i took my bootable usb with windows 7 starter setup, then i tried to install the windows 7 and now it's stuck at "setup is starting" please help, and note that i don't have any access to other pc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/390964-windows-7-setup-stuck-setup-starting.html
Relevancy 98.47%

hello there, I have some questions, why do I get bluescreen errors, when I start my computer or when I shut my computer down? things that I found on the blue screen is "prl_boot.sys" for sometimes. my computer never got Bluescreen on normal use..

Here's the zip:
SF_19-12-2012.zip

Any answer would be highly appreciated! thank you

A:BSOD on "Starting Windows" and "Shutting Down..."

Run this

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

Uninstall Parallels Tools 7.0

From the drivers list Intel Raid StorPort Driver is the oldest driver which dates 2005.

iirsp iirsp Kernel 12/14/2005 5:47:54 AM

update it from here

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx

also your IBM ServeRAID Controller Driver

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {fffff8b0f9e5ab15, 0, fffff88001c6e826, 5}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for prl_boot.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for prl_boot.sys

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : prl_boot.sys ( prl_boot+2826 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be protected by try-except,
it must be protected by a Probe. Typically the address is just plain bad or it
is pointing at freed memory.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff8b0f9e5ab15, memory referenced.
Arg2: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation.
Arg3: fffff88001c6e826, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory
address.
Arg4: 0000000000000005, (reserved)

Debugging Details:
------------------
Could not read faulting driver name

READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800048fc100
GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800048fc1c0
fffff8b0f9e5ab15 Paged pool

FAULTING_IP:
prl_boot+2826
fffff880`01c6e826 833cb000 cmp dword ptr [rax+rsi*4],0

MM_INTERNAL_CODE: 5

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50

PROCESS_NAME: smss.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

TRAP_FRAME: fffff88006b55a30 -- (.trap 0xfffff88006b55a30)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=fffff8a010f95209 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0000000000001200
rdx=0000000168be5cc1 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff88001c6e826 rsp=fffff88006b55bc0 rbp=00000000002617e2
r8=fffff88001c76288 r9=00000000dca12a29 r10=0000000000002a29
r11=fffff8a0018617e2 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na po nc
prl_boot+0x2826:
fffff880`01c6e826 833cb000 cmp dword ptr [rax+rsi*4],0 ds:fffff8a0`10f95209=????????
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff800046738af to fffff800046ccfc0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`06b558c8 fffff800`046738af : 00000000`00000050 fffff8b0`f9e5ab15 00000000`00000000 fffff880`06b55a30 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`06b558d0 fffff800`046cb0ee : 00000000`00000000 fffff8b0`f9e5ab15 fffff800`0464e000 fffff880`01c76201 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x437c1
fffff880`06b55a30 fffff880`01c6e826 : fffff880`01c76201 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff800`046c8810 : nt!KiPageFault+0x16e
fffff880`06b55bc0 fffff880`01c76201 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff800`046c8810 00000000`00000010 : prl_boot+0x2826
fffff880`06b55bc8 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 fffff800`046c8810 00000000`00000010 00000000`002617e2 : prl_boot+0xa201
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FO... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/269794-bsod-starting-windows-shutting-down.html
Relevancy 97.61%

I am running Windows bit Apparently I scanned my system using full system scan AVAST and left my computer on thinking it would take screen or wait" off turn [SOLVED] "Configuring windows. not on Do "Please Stuck your for many hours When I came back my computer automatically shutdown because it was left standby for about hours I don't know if the scan was finished When I try to boot the screen gets [SOLVED] Stuck on "Please wait" screen or "Configuring windows. Do not turn off your stuck on quot please wait quot screen or quot configuring windows Do not turn off your computer quot I already tried going to System Recovery Options screen then going to Troubleshoot then Advanced Options but I tried everything there and still the issue persists even when I tried to boot in safe mode I tried going to command prompt and type sfc scannow but it says it can't scan right now I also [SOLVED] Stuck on "Please wait" screen or "Configuring windows. Do not turn off your tried chkdsk R but it says the same I don't know how to run cmd as administrator from the System Recovery Options So now I tried to use system restore but I am stuck to the windows logo for about and half hour I don't know if I should wait for this or it is already stuck In other forums I read they used system restore with only the quot C quot disk group connected Should I also do this I am thinking to remove AVAST or somehow disable it Please help me

A:[SOLVED] Stuck on "Please wait" screen or "Configuring windows. Do not turn off your

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Do you have your Windows 8 CD?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/solved-stuck-on-and-quot-please-wait-and-quot-screen-or-and-quot-configuring-windows-do-not-turn-off-your-702996.html
Relevancy 96.75%

In Windows XP, fully updated, I have several folders full of mp3's and want to see the bit rate and duration. I right click on a column heading and select "Bit rate". I then click on "More..." so I can get to "Duration", and I select that one too.

But all the figures in the "Duration" column appear to be in "hours" and "minutes", so I see "00:04" or "00:03", but what I want is "minutes" and "seconds".

Any thoughts as to how to change this?

A:Solved: Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes.693037/
Relevancy 95.89%

So I just built my new pc 2 days ago my computer will boot up but I get a realllllly long "starting windows" screen sometimes it just freezes there and I have to hard reset it, if it passes that then it goes into a disk check where it freezes every time after all 3 steps are done any suggestions?

A:windows 7 long "starting windows" screen time and froze disk check

I am assuming you are not able to get to the desktop ??

Are you able to get to safemode ??

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/291577-windows-7-long-starting-windows-screen-time-froze-disk-check.html
Relevancy 95.46%

I am running Windows XP SP fully updated on an Acer Explorer Column Windows no "Minutes" "Seconds", "Hours" just "Duration" - and lap top PC I have several folders full of mp 's and want to Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" see the bit rate and Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" duration To Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" do this I right click on a column heading and select quot Bit rate quot I then click on quot More quot so I can get to quot Duration quot and I select that one too The two new columns appear but the format of the quot Duration quot column appears to be quot hours minutes quot so I see quot quot or quot quot for most mp 's when what I want to see is 'hours minutes seconds quot e g quot quot This also happens for video files avi files e g all my episodes of quot Heroes quot sad I know have a duration of quot quot instead of quot xx quot Here are two pictures showing the problem with the mp 's The first is of Explorer showing the Duration as quot Hours Minutes quot The second picture is of the properties window of the first mp in the list above I copied some mp files to another old PC on my home network and it displayed the duration field correctly Also the properties window correctly shows the duration also I'm not the only person to have this problem I received a private message from a member of another forum where I posted about this problem several weeks ago That person also has the same problem with the duration field The tech guys on that forum were unable to find the source of the duration field problem But after I had such a great success on this forum with my hard disk problem here I decided to try to get help here Thanks in advance for any suggestions

A:Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

* bump *

Tricky, this one!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes-253928.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Hi everyone At present I have a problem with my computer It sometimes hangs when it's booting into Windows Windows version Win Pro but it rarely happens When it occurs on the screen it just shows quot Starting into at computer my 7, hangs Windows" and booting Windows "Starting screen. while freezes it Sometimes Windows quot texts without the Windows logo Sometimes my computer hangs while booting into Windows 7, and it freezes at "Starting Windows" screen. animation I'd like to figure out what could potentially cause this problem so I made an experiment which is setting up the WinDbg on another computer Sometimes my computer hangs while booting into Windows 7, and it freezes at "Starting Windows" screen. and turning on the debug mode in my computer and using a null-modem cable to do com port debugging Hopefully I can get some clues from that After rebooting for about times it hung again and from the WinDbg it revealed the last loaded driver was CLASSPNP sys and the previous loaded driver was disk sys The computer is equipped with two hard drives and the capacity for each is G For some reason I made these two hard drives totally reveal the capacity of G in the system by hard drive clipping In addtion to that this motherboard has RAID chips on it and its connecting way is through soc PCH sata port - gt raid chip- gt hard drive Another questionable point is that there is a PCIE to UART adapter card on the motherboard I have a few questions nbsp What do CLASSPNP sys and disk sys do while Windows is being loaded Does it hang because it keeps waiting for devices' responses but somehow those devices just don't talk back to the driver If so what can cause these devices to fail to respond to this driver Has anyone run into the problem that RAID chips had resulted in this strange phenomenon I also suspect that the driver of PCIE UART card may cause this problem Has anyone had this sort of experience that PCIE UART driver might cause this on your computers Any thoughts are welcomed thank you The following are the WinDbg log messages Waiting to reconnect Connected to Windows x compatible target at Sun Aug UTC - ptr FALSE Kernel Debugger connection established Symbol search path is Invalid Symbol loading may be unreliable without a symbol search path nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Use symfix to have the debugger choose a symbol path nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp After setting your symbol path use reload to refresh symbol locations Executable search path is nbsp Symbols can not be loaded because symbol path is not initialized nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp The Symbol Path can be set by nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp using the NT SYMBOL PATH environment variable nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp using the -y lt symbol path gt argument when starting the debugger nbsp using sympath and sympath nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Loading symbols for e nbsp nbsp ntkrpamp exe - gt nbsp ntkrpamp exe ERROR Symbol file could not be found nbsp Defaulted to export symbols for ntkrpamp exe - nbsp ModLoad e b nbsp ntkrpamp exe Windows Kernel Version MP procs Free x compatible Built by x fre win sp rtm - Machine Name Kernel base x e PsLoadedModuleList x f System Uptime not available Loaded dbghelp extension DLL Loaded ext extension DLL Loaded exts extension DLL Loaded kext extension DLL Loaded kdexts extension DLL Force unload of ntkrpamp exe ModLoad e b nbsp ntkrpamp exe ModLoad b nbsp halmacpi dll ModLoad b a ba nbsp kdcom dll ModLoad c c e nbsp mcupdate dll ModLoad c e c af nbsp PSHED dll ModLoad c af c b nbsp BOOTVID dll ModLoad c b c f nbsp CLFS SYS ModLoad c f c a nbsp CI dll nbsp ModLoad c d c ae nbsp Wdf sys ModLoad c ae c bc nbsp WDFLDR SYS ModLoad c... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4b206d3e-535e-4b01-b8a1-4ceb784d30bc/sometimes-my-computer-hangs-while-booting-into-windows-7-and-it-freezes-at-quotstarting?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 95.03%

Well I am trying to install xp on this good friend of mine s machine windows hangs install "setup not windows". is starting will xp. Computer on Solved: that took a dive last week We replaced the motherboard cpu and memory And afterwords for Solved: Computer will not install windows xp. hangs on "setup is starting windows". about days it seemed to function ok Then it just quit booting I told him we would need to reinstall windows I was kind of shocked we did not have to in the first place Anyways So now I am trying to reinstall Solved: Computer will not install windows xp. hangs on "setup is starting windows". windows I can get it to boot from the windows cd it goes through the standard list of drivers and at the end says quot setup is starting windows quot Then it just hangs there indefinately Typically after this you get to the screen that asks you if you want to install windows then you hit f to agree to there stuff then you get to partition ect I mention these things so you will know what part I am talking about I have tried a diferent disk I have tried a windows home disk instead of pro I have taken the drive out and tried a diferent drive all with the same results Any advice on what I can do from here would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Computer will not install windows xp. hangs on "setup is starting windows".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-computer-will-not-install-windows-xp-hangs-on-setup-is-starting-windows.429272/