Windows Support Forum

Issues with Windows booting, Windows repair and trying to reinstall

Q: Issues with Windows booting, Windows repair and trying to reinstall

Hey So I had a problem today in which Windows decided that it wouldn't boot Instead it would just reboot constantly This happened after I heard a ticking repair trying reinstall booting, Issues with Windows Windows and to noise from my computer things started to freeze and so i had to restart When I tried to turn it back on I had the above problem NOW I Issues with Windows booting, Windows repair and trying to reinstall tried to use Windows Repair option that is there by default It loads up the blue windows background gives me a pointer but then doesnt do anything I have a W repair disc I booted to it That too done the exact Issues with Windows booting, Windows repair and trying to reinstall same thing it lets me choose the language keyboard style to use and then sits on the blue windows background and gives me no options Finally I have a full W installation disc that I booted to I tried the repair option and got the same problem as before I also clicked the quot Install Now quot button and it has been stuck on quot setup is starting quot for over minutes now with no hope of it doing anything So currently I cannot repair or install Windows I assumed it was a harddrive failure but why wont my disc based solutiions even work Any help would be great thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Issues with Windows booting, Windows repair and trying to reinstall

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Issues with Windows booting, Windows repair and trying to reinstall

Brumski some system specs mate please that ticking sound sounds like a hard drive to me but without any specs mate it is hard to tell you what to do.

System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/311094-issues-windows-booting-windows-repair-trying-reinstall.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hallo,

I have two Acers computer. Just bought them one laptop one desktop...
Never got any windows 7 disks or accessoires with it. In the shop they told me this is normal acer. installation files are put on the harddrive. NICE ONE
BUT HOW CAN I FIND THEM?
WHAT IF I NEED TO REINSTALL OR REPAIR MY WINDOWS 7 COMPUTERS ?
HOW DO I TRIGGER THIS MENU?
Should i run the acer revory backup application to trigger these files from there?
Your help is greatly appreciated
Thank you very much

A:Reinstall windows or do repair without windows 7 cd with ACER computer

Quote: Originally Posted by broeckie27

Hallo,

I have two Acers computer. Just bought them one laptop one desktop...
Never got any windows 7 disks or accessoires with it. In the shop they told me this is normal acer. installation files are put on the harddrive. NICE ONE
BUT HOW CAN I FIND THEM?
WHAT IF I NEED TO REINSTALL OR REPAIR MY WINDOWS 7 COMPUTERS ?
HOW DO I TRIGGER THIS MENU?
Should i run the acer revory backup application to trigger these files from there?
Your help is greatly appreciated
Thank you very much

They are both right and wrong. Acer does not give out win 7 dvd's any more as part of their software reduction program. Instead they give a "restore" dvd which can be used to restore the factory settings if the restore partition is there.

They are usually in a separate partition (sometime D:\)
If you have the factory image on D:| you can use the dvd to trigger a "restore"

You first step should be to look/explore to see if the acer image and partition is there.
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/123179-reinstall-windows-do-repair-without-windows-7-cd-acer-computer.html
Relevancy 70.95%

It started out as a small problem with malware then after running an malware program i could not log in into windows, id log in and then get instantly logged out, so I googled the problem and all solutions to the problem was to repair reinstall windows with the cd, which work but then i got another dang error which was error code: 0X80004005. Which means basically there is problem preventing Windows from accurately checking the license for this computer. So i googled that and got the solution to that (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306081 [method 2]). I proceeded with the instructions till i got to the point where it instructs me to "Press 1 to access your primary drive installation with Recovery Console." which i attempt with no luck

Any help or suggestions WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!

A:WINDOWS CANNOT CHECK THE LICENSE AFTER WINDOWS REPAIR REINSTALL

That error message, and most other errror messages, can have many possible causes and interpretations.FWIW: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/g...6-d3dedb727db1/Do you have XP installed, as I see that Vista frequently can generate an error with these numbers?KB referenced by you: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306081<<...instructs me to "Press 1 to access your primary drive installation with Recovery Console." which i attempt with no luck>>Can you provide more detail as to exactly what happens after you entered the Recovery Console? Did you make the selection? If not, what happened to prevent such? Did you get to the password prompt line?Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/201135/windows-cannot-check-the-license-after-windows-repair-reinstall/
Relevancy 68.8%

Maybe I made CD wrong on clean install but I'm having update issues again and even try clean install I go boot from CD it restarts trys load CD and just hangs on a black screen.could CD of been made wrong?I followed directions or should try factory install first I wasn't stability and speed so figure clean install best. Factory I remember was slow

A:Windows reinstall CD not booting

you use windows usb download tool to make the windows boot DVD correct? or is that only for usbs? is there another way

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/226864-windows-reinstall-cd-not-booting.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I have a Dell Deminsion 9100 with Windows XP on it. I have a problem with my Windows\system32\config\system file and I need to either reinstall windows or repair the file. However, when I boot into the windows installation disk and it shows the screen that gives me the option to install, repair, or exit it doesn't seem to recognize my keyboard, even though it recognizes it every where else. This happens with any copy of windows that I try to use. I have used every usb port it has to run the keyboard, including using differant keybaords and adapters. It has no ps2 ports. I have used multiple dvd drives. I honestly don't know what to try next.

A:Can't reinstall/repair Windows

There's an option to change keyboards with, I think, three possibilities you can try. That option appears at the bottom of the screen around the time the version of XP you wish to repair appears at the top so it's easy to miss. You might also benefit from going into BIOS and enabling USB Legacy Support if the option exists.

What stage do you get to before realising the keyboard isn't working? You need it at least twice before getting to the stage described above. Once you do get through to the Repair option, you could save reinstalling by copying the relevant file by using this syntax at the C:\ prompt:-

copy c:\windows\repair\system c:\windows\system32\config\system and agree to overwrite. It will be an older copy than yours and you may lose some drivers but the Dell site has them all.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-reinstall-repair-windows.867379/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello

In XP I could do a R/R using a DVD to boot from

It seems in W7 that can only happen while the OS is operational

My W7 will not boot - how can I do a R/R

Thanks

Relevancy 68.8%

HelloIn XP I could do a R/R using a DVD to boot fromIt seems in W7 that can only happen while the OS is operationalMy W7 will not boot - how can I do a R/RThanks

A:Repair Reinstall Windows 7

First of all...if it won't boot, then a repair install effort may just be a waste of time.

Please...provide some information about the system...when the problem appeared...and exactly what transpires when you try to boot into Windows.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/590976/repair-reinstall-windows-7/
Relevancy 68.8%

I know a similar thread from Dec began by Johnnya already talked about this but and some of the links on it were really helpful but I've been having a lot of trouble reinstall Windows Repair 7 or with my computer and figured I need to repair Windows Of course my computer came with Windows already installed and I didn't make one I downloaded the installation iso from digital river via PC World but everytime I tried to download the Windows Repair or reinstall Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool I was redirected to the Microsoft store I've burned the iso file to a DVDdl using a regular burner but I don't know if that will work Some links on this page took me Repair or reinstall Windows 7 to the Microsoft site for the The Windows Automated Installation Repair or reinstall Windows 7 Kit AIK for Windows but the instructions say quot To install the Windows AIK you must first download the ISO Write the ISO file to a DVD using a third party tool and then install the Windows AIK from the DVD For installation on Windows prior to Windows this download requires that you run genuine Microsoft Windows Click the Continue button in the Validation Required section to begin the validation process After validation is complete you will return to this page to continue the download quot I'm not sure what this means or what to do to repair windows on my computer Maybe I should just totally reinstall it I have the product key Can anyone help me or am I going to have to resort to the Geek Squad

A:Repair or reinstall Windows 7

Hello dswapp and welcome to Seven Forums.

"I've burned the iso file to a DVDdl using a regular burner, but I don't know if that will work."

You can see if the DVD works by seeing Step 5A in this Repair Install tutorial. If you get to the "Install Now" screenshot in Step 8, the DVD will most likely work.

Repair Install

If the DVD doesn't work, use the link in Step 4's "NOTE" to download a new ISO and save it to your desktop. Follow the instructions in this tutorial to burn the ISO to a new DVD.

Burn Disc Image - ISO or IMG file

A repair install will probably take about an hour or so to run. If successful, you'll have to visit the Windows Update site to reinstall updates. Microsoft made it a little easier to get those updates when they released a Hotfix Rollup containing the first 90 or so updates after SP1 was released.

A hidden Patch Tuesday gem: A Windows 7 hotfix rollup | ZDNet

As long as you have your 25-digit Product Key, you shouldn't have any problem reactivating your repair Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/287880-repair-reinstall-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 68.8%

If anyone is interested in the history of my computer they can go to this thread:
http://forums.techguy.org/virus-oth...23921-system-restore-appears-blank-white.html

Now Avast & Malwarebytes plus numerous other programs do not work properly. Spybot does work but I may still have a virus. Anyway I would like to repair or reinstall Windows. Can do a Windows repair or do I have to reformat my hard drive and reinstall windows? Should I format from DOS or Windows? Would someone please give me some advice and a link on how to do what I need to do as I am sure the information is in a thread on this website.

TIA,
RF

Relevancy 68.8%

So last week we got a new version of Bitdefender antivirus Windows repair/reinstall or into get Can't A few days after it was installed by my father on my parents' computer I go on it one day and there is some Critical Error Shortly thereafter BSOD's started with the message quot Page Fault in a Non Paged Area quot or something similar At this point I could still get into windows but after a few more tries it would barely last a few minutes We started to backup files but somewhere along the way while I was not around it BSOD'ed and stopped getting into windows altogether At this stage I was going to try some stuff and after getting into the windows repair CD and it giving me the message that some files might not be recoverable I decided I would need to get them off before doing anything to serious I then hooked up the Can't get into or repair/reinstall Windows HD to my own computer as Can't get into or repair/reinstall Windows a second Can't get into or repair/reinstall Windows Harddrive and got all the important files off So then it was just a matter of reformatting Now when I tried reformatting repairing though the same BSOD would show up The reinstall function of the Dell XP CD would go fine until it would come to quot Searching for a previous version of Windows quot at which point it would BSOD So I can't chkdsk because is this action not accomplished through command prompt or the XP repair Not sure it would do any good at this stage anyway I've done memtest and the stick in there seem to be good to go The harddrive seems fine because I was able to use it in another computer I really just think it is a severely corrupted windows and based on some googling probably has to do with the antivirus program I feel I should mention that when I try to start it in safemode startup hangs on a file called Mup sys When my brothers computer got this and similar BSOD though this time with a restart loop we were at that point able to to a reinstall overtop and managed to save some of the files and get it working again If anything this just seems to me that it wasn't a hardware problem and this new problem seems awfully familiar BTW both are Dells the current one being a Dell So since all important files are off it at this point I'm really just looking to get a fresh install of Windows XP But since I can't use the CD and do the reinstall because of BSOD is there any way to just completely remove the Windows version that is there I heard theres some way of booting into DOS off a DOS boot disk and reformatting the C drive from there or something I could also buy a new HD but would prefer not to in such an old machine Also I wonder whether my Dell XP CD would work if we removed Windows entirely or got a new HD since I'm assuming its bound in some way to the computer I dunno Anyways thanks for any help you can provide I can give more information if necessary

A:Can't get into or repair/reinstall Windows

i would try erasing the hard drive first with killdisk http://www.killdisk.com/ then try to reinstall windows

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-get-into-or-repair-reinstall-windows-485130.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi everyone Recently my old laptop toshiba a - vo stopped booting I'd get the quot windows has failed to start quot message which led me to try to start it up in safe mode command line mode etc which all resulted in a black screen with a movable cursor I windows 7 reinstall/repair Can't then tried booting from my win CD to either try using the recovery console or just format install again with no avail The installation only recognizes my hdd as quot unpartionated disk space quot and does not allow me to install windows either quot 'Windows cannot be installed to this disk This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk Ensure the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu quot - I'm not sure what this means but I do have the bios configured to boot from windows as first source I then Can't reinstall/repair windows 7 tried running the recovery console which failed to resolve my problems automatically and got the following message quot windows boot manager is missing or corrupt quot After this I think it became apparent my hdd has some kind of issue I tried going into the console and manually format but windows only recognizes disk partition X which is the Boot partition I've tried a few commands like bootrec fixmbr fixboot rebuildbcd but nothing seems to work chkdsk can't even be started either since windows can't detect any partition either Is there something else I can do to fix the disk Is this hdd dead for good or are there any kind of tools that can scan it or restore it ANy Can't reinstall/repair windows 7 help would be apreciated

A:Can't reinstall/repair windows 7

I think your hard-drive could be dead as it is not being detected.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/257581-cant-reinstall-repair-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Got an error message when I tried to start my pc. File is corrupt or missing- \system 32\hal.dll. So I put in my Windows XP Reinstallation CD, booted from the cd, go through Windows setup, loads files, gived me 3 options- R for repair, Enter to set up windows Xp, and F3 to exit without installing. tried to repair and reinstall in two different instances and both times got this message at the bottom of the screen----"Examining 114471 MB Disk 0 at Id 0 on bus 0 on atapi... Any suggestions?

A:can't repair or reinstall Windows XP

first go into BIOS and set boot order to cd rom,then follow instructions
To begin insert your Windows XP Home CD and reboot you computer. A message "Press any key to boot from CD....." will appear, press the space bar to continue.

Setup will now inspect your computer hardware and configuration.

Setup now prepares your computer for install.

From this menu press "ENTER" (NOT "R") to begin the repair install.

Windows XP License agreement, read, and if you agree press "F8" to continue, press "ESC" if you disagree. If you disagree setup will finish.

PART 2
Now select the operating system you wish to repair, if as in most occasions there is only one, the just press "R" to continue.

Setup will now make some checks on the system.

and then prepare files that are needed to be copied.

Setup will now initialize your XP configuration.

PART 3
Setup now needs to reboot your computer. Press "ENTER" to save yourself a 15 second wait.

Boot will recognize that the XP CD is in the drive, DO NOT press any keys, let setup bypass the CD boot.

Windows will now begin to load. On some occasions Windows will be finished the repair, if so it will go straight to Part 7. Which is the part where you arrive at the desktop, otherwise the install will continue.

PART 4

The repair process continues.

Windows will continue installing.

Windows setup will now finalize.

It is now time to restart Windows XP again, press "ENTER" to speed up process, otherwise Windows will do it itself in 15 seconds.

Boot will recognize that the XP CD is in the drive, DO NOT press any keys, let setup bypass the CD boot.

Windows will continue loading.

PART 5

Windows will now adjust your resolution, click "OK" to continue.

If you are happy with the changes, click "OK" otherwise press "Cancel" to return to the old settings

Windows will now apply changes. Be patient.

Windows "WELCOME" screen.

and finally the Windows XP Desktop. Windows is now repaired.

Hopefully you will now be able to access and fix the problem that caused you to repair. Make sure you run a virus check, spyware check, and registry scan, also update to latest service pack, this may prevent the problem happening again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-repair-or-reinstall-windows-xp.906118/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi

I wonder if anyone can answer these questions for me.
A family member cannot boot her PC at all.
When she tries to boot from the XP Pro CD the recovery console can't be found.
Can she just select the Install Windows XP option?
If so, will it wipe the previous installation on the hard drive? Will any documents and data be lost?

Hope these questions aren't too stupid. Any help would be appreciated. I live too far away to go and have a look at it for her.

Relevancy 67.94%

My PC hangs most (but not all) times when I start it up. The desktop icons usually all load, but the screen freezes and I cannot run any programmes. I can move the cursor and when I hover it over the shortcut toolbar at the foot of the screen if turns into an eggtimer and stays like that. The only way out is to turn off the PC (hit the button on the box) and turn it on again. Eventually it works OK but I reckon one day it will freeze for good.

Do I need to resinstall Windows or is there another solution?

It's a 3.0 Gig P4, Windows XP home, 1 GB RAM, 70GB hard disk (50GB free).

Relevancy 67.94%

I upgraded the pre-installed Windows 7 to Windows 8 on a computer under warranty. The computer developed a defect that needs a factory repair and I will be using the recovery facility to restore Windows 7 before the computer is collected.
On return its return will I be able to use the same installation disc and product key to upgrade again?

A:Reinstall Windows 8 after factory repair?

Try it and see if it activates first.

If not, you may need to call MS and explain to get activated.

I don't think you will any difficulty. MS are desperate to try and get people to use this thing.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/22761-reinstall-windows-8-after-factory-repair.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Running Vista SP2 x64, recently having issues with windows explorer, unsure how to proceed?

A:Reinstall or Repair Windows Explorer

What issues are you having?

Try resetting IE. Reset Internet Explorer settings in Internet Explorer 9

Sorry, WE, not IE.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/301523-reinstall-repair-windows-explorer.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I'm trying to save a Windows 7 install. I would do an inplace upgrade but I cannot get the original install to load. The BSOD says a virus has been detected and has caused Windows to shut down. I've pulled the drive and scanned it in another system with Avast. Nothing was found there. Same with Malwarebytes. Has another method of installing windows over itself been found or is my only recourse to do a clean install?

Steve

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/383911-possible-todo-repair-reinstall-without-being-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi,
I really hope someone can help.
My PC kept restarting every time i put a CD in the drive so after this going on for a while i thought i would do a reinstall/repair. I got 34 mins into it and it restarted, and kept doing the same every time, so i unplugged everything inside and tried again.. still the same. Now it wont even give me the reinstall repair option. I can either go into recovery console or install a fresh copy.
My man=in stuff is backed up, it's just my Microsoft outlook that i dont want to lose.
Does anyone know how i can retrieve it as i haven't formatted the drive so the info is still there somewhere. I don't know does but is there a way of copying using dos.
I look forward to some expert help.
Thank you in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-into-windows-xp-pro-after-a-failed-repair-reinstall.400575/
Relevancy 67.94%

Anyone know how to remove and reinstall Activation for Windows XP - I have seen a guide on what to do, but I now cannot find it anywhere.

Problem: Windows XP Activation does not load after running Windows Repair - no errors, nothing happens when trying to run MSOOBE.exe

Thanks

Relevancy 67.94%

Hello first post here Little backstory I got this computer from a friend of mine for relatively cheap price around months ago For some reason it woudn t boot up so I did a full reinstall of Windows XP The computer worked flawlessly until up around November thats when I started getting random crashes freezes and BSODs every - days I thought this problem was somehow related to steam because it only crashed when i was playing steam games But latley it has been crashing non-stop - times a day Until today when it crashed and when I tried restart the computer repair/reinstall to trying Windows BSOD when it said something along the lines of quot File missing or corrupt quot system windows config quot I tried to use recovery console but as soon as I select disk C the only option and press eneter it gives me another bluescreen with the quot Registry Error quot message Same thing happens when i try to reinstall windows I get another BSOD right after i accept Terms of Use and agreement I now cannot log into windows or reinstall repair Here are some of the blue screen errors that I saw IRQL LESS THEN OR EQUAL DRIVER IRQL LESS THEN OR EQUAL And these errors only started happening today PFN LIST CORRUPT REGISTRY ERROR and another error that I don t remember it had the word CONFIG in it sorry Another thing i noticed is that past month or so my computer took a really long time to start up Like over mins or so I think this might be a hardware issue does anyone have any idea on what is going on and BSOD when trying to repair/reinstall Windows how I can fix this I am not really computer savvy so I would appreciate more detailed instructions explanations of some terms Any help at all is welcome nbsp

A:BSOD when trying to repair/reinstall Windows

Try replacing the memory, then try the install once more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-when-trying-to-repair-reinstall-windows.177449/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello first BSOD to when repair/reinstall windows. trying post here Little backstory I got this computer from BSOD when trying to repair/reinstall windows. a friend of mine for relatively cheap price around months ago For some reason it woudn t boot up so I did a full reinstall of Windows XP The computer worked flawlessly until up around November thats when I started getting random crashes freezes and BSODs every - days I thought this problem was somehow related to steam because it only crashed when i was playing steam games But latley it has been crashing non-stop - times a day Until today when it crashed and when I tried restart the computer it said something along the lines of quot File missing or corrupt quot system windows config quot I tried to use recovery console but as soon as I select disk C the only option and press eneter it gives me another bluescreen with the quot Registry Error quot message Same thing happens when i try to reinstall windows I get another BSOD right after i accept Terms of Use and agreement I now cannot log into windows or reinstall repair Here are some of the blue screen errors that I saw IRQL LESS THEN OR EQUAL DRIVER IRQL LESS THEN OR EQUAL And these errors only started happening today PFN LIST CORRUPT REGISTRY ERROR and another error that I don t remember it had the word CONFIG in it sorry Another thing i noticed is that past month or so my computer took a really long time to start up Like over mins or so I think this might be a hardware issue does anyone have any idea on what is going on and how I can fix this I am not really computer savvy so I would appreciate more detailed instructions explanations of some terms Any help at all is welcome nbsp

Relevancy 67.94%

I recently recovered my laptop - Acer aspire oem to the factory installed state I had malware - fake sytem restore and couldnt remove it Everything was fine and I ran a windows update - wich downloaded updates I shut down and tried to install and nothing I do will get my pc to boot It tries to load then restarts to 64bit - or oem repair windows 7 reinstall windows fialed to start due to recent hardware or software change Launch sytem repair Start windows normally After launching windows repair I get to a blue screen NOT BSOD with a light comming from the top - normally this is the back drop for the windows repair poption however I only get the back drop no other icon etc comes up I get the below screen but background only I even loaded a boot repair dvd of another pc with bit windows but can only get to the same stage Anyone have any idea how to get past this Also repair or reinstall windows 7 - oem 64bit If I re install windows - it came pre loaded on laptop - no disks were supplied - how do I validate it Sorry I am a total newb please help Acer aspire oem windows bit

A:repair or reinstall windows 7 - oem 64bit

Did you download sp1 first & install?

Information
We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Media Creator app the first day you had your new PC.
& made the Startup Repair CD.
startup repair disc-create

Did you make the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks?

Acer eRecovery Management.
Acer Support - Answers, E-Mail, Chat - How can I restore my computer with the backup discs I created?

Manual how to use Acer eRecovery Management here:
ftp://ftp.support.acer-euro.com/notebook/empowering_technology/NB%20ET2%20user's%20guide/Acer%20eRecovery%20Management%20English.pdf

the Acer eRecovery Management.
Acer Support: Frequently Asked Questions list for How to use Acer eRecovery

You can Order Acer recovery disks from here:
https://secure.tx.acer.com/RCDB/Main.aspx?brand=acer

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/197734-repair-reinstall-windows-7-oem-64bit.html
Relevancy 67.51%

The last few times I tried to use WMP it slows down my entire computer to a crawl and disconnects me from the internet. WinAmp works fine. No viruses or malware, though I did have a virus a week ago (win32:kavos) and am wondering if that damaged WMP. Regardless, I need to repair/reinstall. How do I do this?

A:Halp! WMP issues, need to repair/reinstall

Try running Malwarebytes to make sure your computer is all clean.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - Reviews and free Malwarebytes Anti-Malware downloads at Download.com

If you really need to do a repair, see this tutorial: Repair Install

Hope this helps,
~JK

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/67576-halp-wmp-issues-need-repair-reinstall.html
Relevancy 67.08%

First of all sorry for my english i'm from Portugal Well I would appreciate the help because I rolled my head and I can not do anything and have tried several topics but still didn't find anything My PC fails to start when it's initializing after the microsoft's logo appear it crashes and gives the following error STOP x ED x xC x x First attempts - I tried to repair the boot as suggested otherwise and then after loading window's files is just goes to a black screen with the mouse icon already spent more than hours waiting for something reinstall/format 7 Boot windows Repair - to happen - Tried the repair disc windows since the windows intalled could be damaged aswell after that exactly the same black screen I know that tries to load the new files from the repairdisc because the language is different but the result is the same - After trying with ubuntu i was mad with that and decided to format but I had a problem i lent my external drive and without wanting encrypted also the folder where I had my genuine OS's and now I can not decrypt without repairing the pc or in another acer gave up and borrowed a win dvd from a friend and when Boot Repair - reinstall/format windows 7 i though i would repair the boot it turned out exactly the same ending black screen and mouse I wanted to do the chkdsk but it never reaches the boot repair options menu heck never even come close to the menu to choose the language is this normal how can i reinstall win format the pc or is still possible to repair the boot or make the chkdsk - Through ubuntu everything worked properly and flawlessly I can access everything and I was taking the opportunity to backup everything although the disk utility tells me that I have bad sectors I tried to make the self-tests but neither the shortest or the longest work the longest stood all night they just stop in the same point near the end of test I tried to find out if a program for ubuntu that was like chkdsk exe to find and recover bad sectors but apparently there isn't only indicating programs is there any way to do it for ubuntu to search and repair the hdd If yes which ones It wasn't working so i tried command prompt but also it did not really result I am currently looking for bad blocks and I unmounted the whole disc-at least I think so HTML Code ubuntu ubuntu sudo smartctl -H dev sda smartctl - - r i -linux- - -generic-pae local build Copyright C - by Bruce Allen http smartmontools sourceforge net START OF READ SMART DATA SECTION SMART overall-health self-assessment test result PASSED ubuntu ubuntu sudo smartctl -c dev sda smartctl - - r i -linux- - -generic-pae local build Copyright C - by Bruce Allen http smartmontools sourceforge net START OF READ SMART DATA SECTION General SMART Values Offline data collection status x Offline data collection activity was never started Auto Offline Data Collection Enabled Self-test execution status The self-test routine was aborted by the host Total time to complete Offline data collection seconds Offline data collection capabilities x b SMART execute Offline immediate Auto Offline data collection on off support Suspend Offline collection upon new command Offline surface scan supported Self-test supported Conveyance Self-test supported Selective Self-test supported SMART capabilities x Saves SMART data before entering power-saving mode Supports SMART auto save timer Error logging capability x Error logging supported General Purpose Logging supported Short self-test routine recommended polling time minutes Extended self-test routine recommended polling time minutes Conveyance self-test routine recommended polling time minutes SCT capabilities x f SCT Status supported SCT Error Recovery Control supported SCT Feature Control supported SCT Data Table supported ubuntu ubuntu sudo smartctl -t short dev sda smartctl - - r i -linux- - -generic-pae local build Copyright C - by Bruce Allen http smartmontools sourceforge net START OF OFFLINE IMMEDIATE AND SELF-TEST SECTION Sending co... Read more

A:Boot Repair - reinstall/format windows 7

Hi and welcome to TSF please see the info here trying to fix unmountable boot volume - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/boot-repair-reinstall-format-windows-7-a-655103.html
Relevancy 67.08%

So the reinstall using Windows autoplay without explore.exe Repair or 7 explorer exe on this computer crashes all the time I am unable to open folders of any kinds I can however open chrome and certain other program Some of them crash the first time but open the second I want to reinstall Windows I can log on in normal mode its slow but it does do it However inserting my usb flash drive with the windows install files on it won't open The autoplay feature never opens Guess it requires explorer exe The start button works and sometimes I can open command prompt but its random ctrl alt del does not open task manager Usually just freezes the computer I really just want to reinstall windows so that I don't have to wipe the hard Repair reinstall Windows 7 without using autoplay or explore.exe drive As I am unable to open folders I do not know how to back up files on my desktop that I forgot to back up and are essential Any ideas would be greatly appreciated My Repair reinstall Windows 7 without using autoplay or explore.exe only idea that I had thought of so far was using an iso file and a mounter I can install the mounter and put it on the desktop where I can open it but then I don't know how to get to the iso file I have saved If I can reach it would this work to start the process of the repair or is that not possible I know its two different things I am asking And right clicking anything causes everything to crash as well

A:Repair reinstall Windows 7 without using autoplay or explore.exe

Hi
to get your files you want you could run a live cd like ubuntu and save them to a flash drive. on some toshiba laptops you hold down the 0 key while you turn power on will get you to the recovery option to restore it back to how it came out of the box.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/384460-repair-reinstall-windows-7-without-using-autoplay-explore-exe.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I have the COA and Product Key, but I do not have the Lenovo disks.

Now, what do I do?

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Joe

A:A repair? fuhgedaboudit! I wanna reinstall OEM Windows 7 Pro, but...

The legwork:

-Get drivers for your hardware...especially network drivers (and keep them stored somewhere...even in the cloud, if need be...there are enough free services to facilitate this)

-Install Windows 7
-Disable Recommended Updates
-Activate Windows 7
-Have fun!

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/380259-repair-fuhgedaboudit-i-wanna-reinstall-oem-windows-7-pro-but.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi all I have a big problem I have when to drives found No reinstall/repair trying Windows a netbook ASUS Eee PC PXD After only two days of use i get a black screen No drives found when trying to reinstall/repair Windows at the beginning quot Reboot No drives found when trying to reinstall/repair Windows and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press No drives found when trying to reinstall/repair Windows a key quot Pressing F on boot doesn't work and i'm still getting the black screen F is working then in Boot Settings i set Removable Device as st Boot Device and there is no Boot Booster option to disable Then using the Windows USB DVD Download Tool i create a Windows bootable USB in order to use the System Recovery When i get to the System Recovery Options screen no Operating System appear in the list It say to load drivers in this case but i have no idea which drivers and how to load them Then i press next without choosing OS but pressing Startup Repair after that didn't help Also using the Command Prompt didn't help bootrec fixmbr bootrec fixboot bootrec scanos bootrec rebuildbcd The two last commands scanos and rebuildbcd give quot Number of windows installed quot Then i decided to reformat and reinstall Windows my netbook is new i boot using the Windows bootable USB i created before then on first screen i press on quot Install now quot When i get to screen quot Which type of installation do you want quot i choose Custom Then i get to screen quot Where do you want to install Windows quot but the list is empty and at the bottom it is written quot No drives were found Click Load Driver to provide a mass storage driver for installation quot Please helppp

A:No drives found when trying to reinstall/repair Windows

Quote:
I have a netbook ASUS Eee PC 1005PXD.
After only two days of use,
(my netbook is new):

Return to the Retailer for FREE REPAIR or Replacement.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/210708-no-drives-found-when-trying-reinstall-repair-windows.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Got my stuff ready to reformat, only to realize I don't have a Windows 7 recovery disc.I created a System Repair Disc using Backup & Restore in control panel but I'm unsure whether this is what I need to do a complete reinstall?I wanted to follow this guide to do a complete reformat, not a recovery.If I don't have everything I need, could someone tell me how to obtain them?

A:can I reinstall windows 7 with just the system repair disc?

Got my stuff ready to reformat, only to realize I don't have a Windows 7 recovery disc.Hi zeroality -First, is this due to bad infections or major corruptions on your computer - Fix these prior to making your own recovery DVDs -You will only be copying these problems if you make recovery DVDs from a bad operating system.I had problems with wanting to do a full recovery (to factory settings), but I had a preinstalled version of Win7 Home Premium.The laptop was a Toshiba, so I just called them and they sent 3 clean Recovery DVDs (total cost about $60 home delivered).These are the ones you create if you follow the directions given in your link.As I had not created the Recovery DVDs earlier, or backed up anything, I then had a "factory setting" with nothing backed up (saved) at all.Follow the tutorial as long as your computer is infection free, and has no major corruptions to begin with.Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/422774/can-i-reinstall-windows-7-with-just-the-system-repair-disc/
Relevancy 67.08%

Downloaded page instructions to ReInstall Windows XP sp Home Edition - bit Followed pages of instructions All as planned until told to allow Restart from CD in Drive Screen shows Windows loading and in small print reads quot Please wait quot Now I m waiting and waiting and waiting and never get to next step quot to adjust your Repair Windows XP Reinstall Install: Home resolution click quot OK quot to continue Already went thru complete Setup saw screen which siad quot Installing Devices quot and entered my Product Key coreectly Supposedly the procedure goes thru Restart automatically and if I m happy with setting click quot OK quot changes will be Accepted and after another delay I should see the quot Welcome quot screen Any and all suggestions welcomed - Thanks Tried fresh Reboot ignoring CD rom HD booted and got to a screen requesting quot Windows Product Activation quot When quot no quot is clicked got normal screen but to proceed - quot Windows Product Activation quot reappeared When quot Yes quot is clicked monitor goes to White Screen and sits idle forever Is there a special way to Activate nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-home-repair-install-windows-reinstall.1118285/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello all I have been a lurker for a very long time and finally decided to join and first Unmountable_Boot_Volume XP Windows Repair/Reinstall error upon of all would like to thank everyone for their time and being such a helpful community I joined to see if anyone has experienced this issue as I have never been able to find it since I discovered it a few months ago Please take your time to read this I really do appreciate any words of wisdom I can get ------- Events ------- -Hard Drive A IDE Drive - partitions Unmountable_Boot_Volume error upon Windows XP Repair/Reinstall Windows XP SP on Primary Unmountable_Boot_Volume error upon Windows XP Repair/Reinstall Active partition sytem ran great -Decided to Image the entire HDD to a larger sized HDD using Acronis True Image latest build -New HDD has partitions also and XP is located on the First C partition -------- Problem -------- --Ocassional BSODS on reboot I usually just reboot and Unmountable_Boot_Volume error upon Windows XP Repair/Reinstall it comes back fine Tested RAM Tested PowerSupply Installed new IDE cables and also new Power Supply Hardware does not seem like the issue --Used Acronis True Image to make a C XP Parition backup --Decided to do a REPAIR install of XP Repair install went successfully --However upon bootup XP gives a BSOD and says Unmountable Boot Volume --System restarts and now the BIOS automatically sets itself to quot full test quot mode where it tests RAM takes a long time but it does it's thing --The second time around XP Boots up Fine without Unmountable Boot Volume error My gripe is everytime I have to restart the system I have to restart it TWICE and the second time it takes longer because the BIOS goes through the entire test I have tried to use both Fixmbr and Fixboot I have tried to use Bootcfg rebuild and to fix NTLDR and NTDETECT com all done to the precise direction of Microsoft but nothing I have run chkdsk numerous times with all parameters No errors are detected ---Final Issue--- --After giving up on doing a Repair install I tried to do a Full Install from Scratch DELETED the C partition Re-installed XP pro SP -Results in the SAME error BSOD Unmountable Boot Volume -I went back and used Acronis True Image rescue Boot CD and re-loaded the Backup Image of the C Partition and my system is back up and running again Can anyone explain WHY this is happening and what can I do incase I ever want to re-install XP from scratch At the moment I can only use an image made by Acronis True Image which was imaged from the other Hard Drive also an IDE drive Please help as I have found nothing on looking up the Unmountable Boot Volume error which pertains to my particular issue Thank you ladies and gentlemen for looking at my post Regards GP

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unmountable_boot_volume-error-upon-windows-xp-repair-reinstall-329824.html
Relevancy 67.08%

When I turn on my computer I get the following message quot We apologize for the inconvenience but Windows did not start successfully A recent hardware or software change might have caused this If your computer stopped responding restarted unexpectedly or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders choose Last Known Good Configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked If a start, won't reinstall work repair won't windows previous startup attempt was interrupted due windows won't start, repair reinstall won't work to a power failure or because the Power or Reset button was pressed or if you aren t sure what caused the problem choose Start Windows Normally quot When I start normally or with last known configuration it goes to the Windows XP loading screen black screen that just says Windows XP and has a bar for loading and stays there forever When I start in safe mode the screen shows some writing about partitioning files for a while and then just stops and stays at this screen forever I have seen people on various forums with whose computers give them the same message though the results of their choosing safe mode or normal are different but also unsuccessful in starting the computer The advice given to them was to repair reinstall Windows XP So I tried that I booted from the Windows XP CD and I chose repair reinstall The bottom of the screen said a few things then said examining startup environment and remained there forever Was it the right choice for me to repair reinstall Windows XP If it was what can I do about my current problem nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

Hi there So in my stupidity I tried to adjust Player Windows 12? Media Is to possible reinstall/repair it my downgrade my wmp deleting and adjusting registry files in the process Is it possible to reinstall/repair Windows Media Player 12? only to find out I never needed to in the first place Basically I wanted the taskbar wmp back which is no longer a feature in and I followed this guide to do it http www askvg com how-to-get-windows-media-player-wmp-taskbar-toolbar-back-in-windows- However I soon found out that it is seriously outdated and that there Is it possible to reinstall/repair Windows Media Player 12? is another fix So my question is basically Is there any way to reinstall repair windows media player OR Is there any way to reverse the process of editing the registry and wmp files see guide I have already tried the following Disabling and re-enabling via quot Turn Windows Features On Off quot Using quot Fix WMP Utility quot Looking for a download link Haven t found one thus far I ve spent hours trying to fix this stupid mistake to no avail If anyone does know a way or has ANY advice I will be eternally grateful even if it is a long shot nbsp

A:Is it possible to reinstall/repair Windows Media Player 12?

I guess you have Winamp installed. Do you ever use Winamp Remote? It's a media streaming tool so that you can listen to your music from your computer on another computer over the internet. If you don't use it, I'd just uninstall that component of Winamp.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-possible-to-reinstall-repair-windows-media-player-12.145116/
Relevancy 67.08%

my windows 7 program will not boot up its ask to put in repair disk is there any other way to fix it myself? how much will it cost

A:do I need repair disk to fix windows 7 not booting up how much will it

Quote: Originally Posted by chobrien

my windows 7 program will not boot up its ask to put in repair disk is there any other way to fix it myself? how much will it cost

Did you special things that broke your machine?

What happens exactly if you try to boot?

Power on your machine and tap F8 every half second. What happens?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/242516-do-i-need-repair-disk-fix-windows-7-not-booting-up-how-much-will.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Using my Windows 7 rescue disc, I had to go into my BIOS to tell my notebook to boot from the CD. I could see it was booting from the CD and it asked me to Choose My Language and so I clicked on Next.
Nothing has happened since.
What do I need to do now?

A:Booting From Windows 7 Repair Disc

Maybe this video will help

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/booting-from-windows-7-repair-disc.312517/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi,
Do Windows 7 repair disks work on Windows 8 (or 10) for that matter?
I've tried using a 7 repair disk on 8 and it hasn't worked.
I'm downloading Ultimate Recovery disk and Hirens, has anyone tried these?

A:Repair disk for non booting Windows 8.

No, a Windows 7 repair disc will not work on a Windows 8 computer, and vice versa.  However, a Windows 8 repair disc will work on a Windows 8 computer.  And yes, you can boot Hiren's and UBCD (if that is what you mean) as long as you switch to CSM mode if it's a UEFI computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/609543/repair-disk-for-non-booting-windows-8/
Relevancy 67.08%

I searched the threads for an existing post and I couldn't find one that matched my problem Sorry if a solution has already been posted somewhere I have a new Acer w GB of DDR memory and a CULV processor It came with Vista Home Premium installed but I downloaded Windows Ultimate from my technet subscription Because I don't have an optical drive I had to install from a USB stick I did this without any problems at all Windows has been booting fine and running great for about a week now I haven't repair. stopped booting; 7 Can't Windows recenly loaded any new software or drivers Yesterday I shut down my laptop normally when I tried to reboot an hour later I was shown the quot loading files quot screen and was then taken to the Windows Startup Repair option Windows spent an hour trying to repair whatever was wrong with my startup and I was finally given an error message that it couldn't make any Windows 7 stopped booting; Can't repair. repairs I tried going to the DOS prompt and fixing the boot manager and boot file interestingly all this did was suddenly give me the option to boot Windows Windows 7 stopped booting; Can't repair. or Windows Vista I still get the Windows Startup Repair when I try booting Windows If I try to boot Vista I was curious it takes me all the way to the login screen but then tells me I have files missing if I try to login which is fine - I wasn't trying to set up a dual boot anyways Here's the part that's really got me stumped If I try booting my laptop into install using the bootable USB stick I created to setup Windows on my laptop I have the option to repair my computer When I choose this option it of course takes me to the advanced repair options where I can choose Windows Startup Repair it runs the repair and tells me it doesn't find any problems with my computer and to go ahead and start my computer normally Of course when I reboot and remove the USB stick my computer doesn't boot normally I'm taken back to the quot loading files quot screen and then to Windows Startup Repair where I'm told that Windows can't repair my startup Any help I really do not want to have to do a fresh install if it can be helped

A:Windows 7 stopped booting; Can't repair.

UPDATE: I may have some new information. I've booted to the install menu and picked "Repair your computer". From there I went to the command prompt and typed "sfc /scannow".

I received this message:

"There is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete. Restart Windows and run sfc again."

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/26416-windows-7-stopped-booting-cant-repair.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Frozen black screen on startup My computer was only running firefox and then completely froze out and I couldnt open task manager switch users or anything I let installation CD repair from using when XP booting Help Windows the computer sit there for a while not wanting to click anything thinking it would unfreeze by itself in a short while and then suddenly a noise started coming out at regular intervals Then the computer just switched off On restart I got a BSOD that i wrote down but ive lost the paper for the error message now I ran the Recovery Console from the XP CD and chkdsk r and it finished When i restarted I got another BSOD quot UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME quot I ran chkdsk r using the Recovery Console again with it Help using Windows repair installation when booting from XP CD completing and then this time on restart I got another BSOD message quot Stop C unable to locate component This application has failed to start because USP dll was found Re-installing the application may fix this quot I ran chkdsk again a few times and nothing happened still getting the same BSOD message on restart After more googling I found out to run a repair installation from the Help using Windows repair installation when booting from XP CD XP CD instead of the Recovery Console the website I used just told me to quot continue with on-screen instructions quot So I ran the repair installation and the first time I ran it the computer restarted and I thought it had been fixed Windows XP appeared to be installing itself for the first time and I paniced because I thought I had accidentally pressed the wrong button and chosen to fresh install a copy of windows I immediately held the power button to power-down my computer I now realise that it was supposed to happen however now if I try to boot the computer normally or in safe mode it will load the Windows logo with the green bar and then after that it will stay on the black screen with a mouse If I repeat the repair installation when the computer restarts it will follow the same steps as above and reach the black screen and I cannot get back to that blue windows setup screen which would ve been the next part of the repair install What should I do now nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-using-windows-repair-installation-when-booting-from-xp-cd.152627/
Relevancy 67.08%

favorite I need help Since Ten days back one of my windows pc os x won't boot My pc windows reinstall not is windows booting,cannot The computer shut down BSOD occured suddenly when I was browsing After that i showed quot Reboot And Select Proper Boot Device quot I saw the bios settings whether HDD is set to be the primary boot device but i didn't found it Also in the bios i saw no hard drive detected Two days later i cleaned dust inside the CPU took out my ram sticks and inserted them After that i started the PC and it worked fine Some of the files were not backed up So I My windows pc is not booting,cannot reinstall windows started backing up But i was very busy that day and i shut down my My windows pc is not booting,cannot reinstall windows pc and left my room They next day I switched on the Pc and started acking up But again BSOD occured i was unable to see BSOD messages as auto restart was enabled by default After that i have not been able to start the PC Every time with normal boot or safe mode BSOD will occur Still some of my docs and downloads were not backed up I have decent sort of knowledge in software but i am very bad dealing with hardware faults I called one of my friends who have repaired a lot of windows pc We didn't try any linus cd But we tried to boot from genuine W and even W cd s Every time during installation the PC froze During initial attempts the partitions showed but after that it disn't show We have changed both the ram sticks tried booting with only one stick changed DVD CD writer but nothing worked What can be the problem - the mobo or the hard drive I am very angry with myself Some files still not backed up I am cursing myself I took the drive to another pc and it was not recognised Should i change the hard drive or the mobo power was reaching all components Is there any great software to recover the HDD The day before the Pc stopped functioning I was downloading a p p file i don't download torrents often I was constantly getting quot Write to disk error Access denied quot However i scanned it with EIS mbam and zemana and everything was fine Please suggest me what to do Please help me to sort it out

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/74646-my-windows-pc-not-booting-cannot-reinstall-windows.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi there, as the title says when I boot to windows 8 I get a blinking cursor in the top left corner for about 1 second, then I get sent to the BIOS. If I boot to my Linux hard drive however everything works fine.

I figured I would just install a fresh copy of windows, but when I boot to the install disk (I tried both 64 and 32 bit), the windows 8 icon shows up and I get the spinning dots for maybe 10 seconds or so then I just get a blank back lit screen. Is it just coincidence that my drive failed at the same time as both disks failed or is there maybe something hardware related?
Thanks in advance.

A:Booting to windows sends me back to BIOS, can't reinstall

You may have to restore the Windows Boot Loader.
Check out some prospects by Googling "Restore Windows Boot Loader with EasyBCD",
and, check back here often; lots of helpful folks here at W8F.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/46342-booting-windows-sends-me-back-bios-cant-reinstall.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello,

I have Windows XP & Windows 7 installed on the same hard-drive
in separate partitions.

I would like to repair the Windows 7 installation or reinstall it from scratch,

Do I have to do something special in order to keep the dual boot functioning
properly ?

Thank you
Itay

A:Repair / Reinstall Windows 7 on a dual boot machine

Not really, you should be able to just format the partition and Clean Install Windows 7
to it from the booted Win7 installation media.

But we can advise you better if we see a screenshot of Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image.

In addition look over these steps for Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 which compile everything that works best to get and keep a perfect reinstall, even for retail.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/336780-repair-reinstall-windows-7-dual-boot-machine.html
Relevancy 66.65%

HI just wondering if someone could help me i recently just got a new motherboard Asus P Q Pro and I was told to format my hard drive I then reinstalled windows XP repair/reinstall XP blue Bad_Pool_Caller Windows screen after of back onto the hard drive but after this every time i boot up my computer the loading bar with the blue blocks always freezes for like minutes and then my computer makes a weird noise that sounds like Bad_Pool_Caller blue screen after repair/reinstall of Windows XP my hard drive and then the loading bar continues and starts up normally I have tried reinstalling windows several times and its just really annoying having to wait every time when my computer never did this with my old mother board I then asked someone what I should do to try and fix it and they told me to do a repair reinstall of the windows XP so I tried this with an SP disk and half way through the installation it blue screens saying BAD POOL CALLER and now i cant even use my computer because windows just trys to reinstall itself everytime i turn it on and then it just blue screens Any advice would be great

A:Bad_Pool_Caller blue screen after repair/reinstall of Windows XP

Boot into the BIOS and set the BIOS back to "default" / save & exit / reboot into the BIOS and make any changes necessary to support your hardware/configuration / save & exit.

Boot from your XP CD / format the drive and perform a fresh install. After it completes and boots into Windows, install the MB drivers from the supplied CD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bad_pool_caller-blue-screen-after-repair-reinstall-of-windows-xp-420856.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Major thanks in advance for anyone that can help.

Problem started on 11/29. Had a power failure during a Windows Update. Computer has since been unable to start. Startup Repair is unable to automatically fix the problem and it wont let me restore to an earlier point.

I followed much of this thread but was still unable to solve it.

I finally gave up and tried to install windows using the recovery partition on the HD but i'm getting an error message saying the windows installation is unable to complete.

I cannot do a complete wipe because this is my business' computer and there are pertinent files on there.

Can anyone help please? Thanks

A:Startup Repair failure - Now wont let me reinstall windows

Hi eMachine, Welcome to Sevenforums.

There is a cool feature of the Windows Vista and 7 installers. If you have a previous install of Windows on the HDD (be it XP, Vista or 7) and start the new install it will actually do whats called a Old Files so long as you do not format the HDD.

What it does is it will install 7 and tak the old Windows install and put it on C:\ in a folder called 'Windows.Old'. This includes the entire old C:\ from the previous install including Program Files, Windows folder and User folder.

What you need to do is get into your BIOS (or if you have a OEM computer such as a Dell, HP or Toshiba press the button to open the boot manager) and tell it to boot to the CD/DVD. Have the Windows 7 install disk in the drive and boot to it. When it starts, tell it to install Windows and when you get to the part with the HDD, do not format it. Just click next. It will tell you it found a previous Windows installation and that it will move it to 'Windows.Old'. Continue with the install and there ya go.

You will have access to all the old files you had before, minus Programs since they wont be registered properly but will still be there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/314150-startup-repair-failure-now-wont-let-me-reinstall-windows.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Win 7 Home Premium will not finish booting. The splash screen just starts showing a little color, when it goes to choice of system repair or start windows normally. If normally is chosen the same choices repeat. If repair system, no solution is found. Next is an option of 7 choices to manually repair. None advance the cause.

History; bought off craigslist. Believe I may have foolishly bought a computer with illegal Win7 Home Premium OS. Downloaded Win 7 Home Premium iso from Microsoft link. After I installed the key previously used and Microsoft rejected it. I had one more key from a update 3 pack and it worked.

Later I decided to upgrade the BIOS, but did not BU the old BIOS. That was when the booting problem started.

Now when I try to reinstall and repair windows, wrong version error. Help

A:when I try to reinstall and repair windows, wrong version error

Probably a bad BIOS update. Get into your BIOS and reset the settings to default, save and exit. See if it helps.

Also you could try popping open your case, taking the CMOS battery out, waiting for half an hour and then placing it back. This also resets BIOS to factory defaults along with the loss of date and time which need to be set after performing this step.

Hope it helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/283958-when-i-try-reinstall-repair-windows-wrong-version-error.html
Relevancy 66.22%

hi i have windows vista it was working fine yesterday my vista restarts repair booting/cannot in mid Windows brother downloaded a game called Rome Total war he said that he installed it Windows vista restarts in mid booting/cannot repair and it was asking to reboot computer so he did and now i cant boot my comp i tried Windows vista restarts in mid booting/cannot repair to set default BIOS it didnt work i tried checking the cables it didnt work i checked my fans all working fine and no overheating nothing works now i tried to repair my windows because i read that it could be bad boot sector so i boot from my windows DVD and since i get that blue screen it stucks on there i dont know what to do now anyone please help because i bought my comp last week and i didnt use it propertly yet because i get only problems THX EDIT i got my repair screen after minutes of waiting maybe my ram is dead but it shows my Gb of ram on startup BTW my processor is Intel pentium dual core E Ghz and Gb of ram ATI radeon HD Mb

A:Windows vista restarts in mid booting/cannot repair

Ok close thread! I got it working by repairing startup
thx anyway :d

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-restarts-in-mid-booting-cannot-repair-369999.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a missing NTLDR problem. I know the steps to fix this.
But when i boot windows disc. It gives me the option of pressing F2.... That does nothing because i need another disc. So i let it load the files normally. And it guides me directly to 3 hard drives. (My harddrives) Here is the problem. I don?t know what to do. I don?t know if i?m doing it wrong, if i went too far away. Or if i?m too early

A:Problem booting windows disc for repair

Boot off of the CD and get to the Recovery Console. By pressing R (follow the steps in the link provided)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-booting-windows-disc-for-repair-647578.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I am stuck in a odd situation with my laptop. It's now gotten to the point where I just want to do a repair of Windows and hope that fixes things, but whenever I boot into my Windows XP CD, it says that it can't find any hard drives on my laptop. I can still boot into safe mode and access my files, so my hard drive is obviously there.

Is there a way to initiate a windows repair WITHOUT booting into the CD? Or, can anyone think of why my CD can't find my hard drive?

Relevancy 66.22%

Hello,
I have a Toshiba,  I upgraded to windows about a month ago.
I am now getting the Automatic repair loop.  I let the laptop battery drain.  I get to the Gui interface Toshiba setup utility window.  From here I can change the boot order.  I changed it to USB first, and  I have tried to boot
from USB.  I get to the windows set up menu, but after a few seconds the Automatic repair loop kicks in AGAIN.  I can not complete the install. How do I turn off Automatic repair loop so I can finish install?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a3d784ce-7659-41d6-b935-549dca924b16/automatic-repair-loop-even-when-booting-from-usb-windows-10?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi Acer Aspire One notebook running Windows Home edition gb ram Hard drive partitioned into C for windows and D for most of my data After a message saying no printers were found on my computer Malwarebytes found a Trojan Ransom virus After attempting to remove it it told me to reboot When I did I couldn't use the keyboard or the mousepad and couldn't enter my password I set up the AVG rescue cd and rebooted bootable flash How Windows a to Repair/Reinstall from 7 drive? Linux from a flash drive After updating and running it found no infection Even so I still couldn't use the keyboard or mouse when I rebooted in windows safe mode I set up Linux Parted Magic on a bootable flash drive and removed all needed files from my windows C drive I am sending this message from the netbook itself which now runs under Linux and the keyboard and mouse finger pad work perfectly indicating it's not a hardware problem I would now like to repair or How to Repair/Reinstall Windows 7 from a bootable Linux flash drive? reinstall windows but don't know how to do it from Linux How to Repair/Reinstall Windows 7 from a bootable Linux flash drive? Another problem is that I have neither my windows installation serial number nor a windows cd It came installed on the computer The number is on a sticker on the bottom of my notebook but it's so How to Repair/Reinstall Windows 7 from a bootable Linux flash drive? worn I can't read it See attached image Normally I'd use a keyfinder programme to access it on my computer but I'm not running windows so I'm not sure how to access the registry to find the encrypted serial number and then how to read it So bottom line My notepad will boot windows until the password screen This happens in safe or normal mode At that point both the keyboard and mouse are disabled but both work in Linux I have a legal copy of Windows but can't read the serial number I need to repair or reinstall windows or I have to find a way of making the hardware work again in windows I then need to get rid of the virus if it's still there on my notebook I'd be grateful for any help you can give Cheers

A:How to Repair/Reinstall Windows 7 from a bootable Linux flash drive?

Unfortunately even if you could audit the installed key it will not work because it's the Factory mass-activation key which is different than the COA sticker Product Key used to Clean Reinstall. Your choices are therefore to order Factory Recovery disks or extract and reinstall the OEM-SLP activation file which these forums do not support any further due to piracy concerns.

So I would try everything possible to Troubleshoot Windows 7 Failure to Boot which is included in the blue link.

If you end up needing to Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 we have many reports that MS phone activation will replace the key if you convince them that it is simply worn off the sticker.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/254788-how-repair-reinstall-windows-7-bootable-linux-flash-drive.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello first post here Little backstory I got this computer from a friend of mine for relatively cheap price around months ago For some reason it woudn't boot up so I did a full reinstall of Windows XP The computer worked flawlessly until up around November thats when I started getting random crashes freezes and BSODs every - days I thought this problem was somehow related to steam because it only crashed when i windows BSOD repair/reinstall when trying (SYSTEM to reg error) hive was playing steam games But latley it has been crashing non-stop - times a day Until today when it crashed and when I tried restart the computer it said something along the lines of quot File missing or corrupt quot system windows config quot I tried to use recovery console but as soon as I select disk C the only option and press eneter BSOD when trying to repair/reinstall windows (SYSTEM reg hive error) it gives me another bluescreen with the quot Registry Error quot message BSOD when trying to repair/reinstall windows (SYSTEM reg hive error) Same thing happens when i try to reinstall windows I get another BSOD right after i accept Terms of Use and agreement I now cannot log into windows or reinstall repair Here are some of BSOD when trying to repair/reinstall windows (SYSTEM reg hive error) the blue screen errors that I saw IRQL LESS THEN OR EQUAL DRIVER IRQL LESS THEN OR EQUAL And these errors only started happening today PFN LIST CORRUPT REGISTRY ERROR and another error that I don't remember it had the word CONFIG in it sorry Another thing i noticed is that past month or so my computer took a really long time to start up Like over mins or so I think this might be a hardware issue does anyone have any idea on what is going on and how I can fix this I am not really computer savvy so I would appreciate more detailed instructions explanations of some terms Any help at all is welcome

A:BSOD when trying to repair/reinstall windows (SYSTEM reg hive error)

Hi

please follow these posting instructions to help us find the problem!

tom

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bsod-when-trying-to-repair-reinstall-windows-system-reg-hive-error-629843.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi guys I d be error can't Windows failure: repair reinstall ?0xc0000225?: or 7 boot very grateful for a bit of help please My year old Samsung RV laptop wouldn t boot into Windows today was fine yesterday but today it just hung at the Win startup logo I haven t installed anything Windows 7 boot failure: error ?0xc0000225?: can't repair or reinstall new on Windows 7 boot failure: error ?0xc0000225?: can't repair or reinstall the laptop since July except Windows updates because I only really use the laptop for photography hols away from home and to watch catchup programmes on my TV each day from the BBC Windows 7 boot failure: error ?0xc0000225?: can't repair or reinstall and Channel here in the UK whose websites can be trusted I tried to reboot it from the recovery console in safe mode and also in safe mode with command prompt it hung as soon as it started loading drivers I tried to start windows from the recovery console with the last known good configuration and it hung at the startup logo again I checked the bios and my mb of memory in slot is listed and my gb hdd is listed in the boot priority CD first HDD second same as usual I tried to invoke the Samsung recovery via F at boot and I got the message an error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data and error code xc and telling me to insert recovery disk I tried to use repair your computer from the built in recovery console and it loaded files but it hung at the first blue Windows background screen with the leaves and the bird just a cursor never got any text or options I tried to run repair your computer from my bootable rescue disk and from a second bootable Win system repair disk it loaded files then hung with a spinning disk at the first system recovery options prompt select an operating system to repair Waited ages several times I tried to reinstall Windows and after pressing install it went to the next screen said it was starting and hung Waited an hour I downloaded an ISO and ran Sea Tools for DOS HDD Diagnostic and that told me there was no hard disk - why I downloaded Samsung HUTIL HDD ISO but it came back with lots of errors I didn t understand including an 'out of mem error' I downloaded an ISO for MemTest and it passed all the memory tests the first time around but the second time around it said bits in error total error confidence value I m thinking it s a new HDD But I m worried about the memory too Spent hours all in all reading and testing and I m out of ideas now Please can somebody who knows more about PCs help me maybe Many thanks

A:Windows 7 boot failure: error 0xc0000225: can't repair or reinstall

Wow, you really tried a lot of stuff. Good on you. One thing ... you stated you ran Seagate Tools and got 'no hard drive' then you ran the Samsung tools and got errors. Is the hard drive a Samsung or a Seagate? Each manufacturer has its own hard drive tools, so if you don't have a Seagate, that's why the Seagate tool said there was no hard drive installed.

Even within a manuf they sometimes have different tools for different series' of drives. So first thing is, I'd find the exact model of the hard drive, then find the tool for that exact drive from the manuf and run that tool.

The mem test could also be a problem, but if it were me I'd start with squaring away the HD. If I kept getting errors trying to do that that I thought might be due to a bad memory stick (i.e. stick of RAM), then I'd swap that stick out with another if I had another compatible stick on hand. But as far as the odds, it's more likely the hard drive is having a problem than the RAM stick. RAM has no moving parts and while a stick can certainly go bad, the hard disk is more vulnerable and more likely to develop a problem. JMO.

EDIT: I don't know if you have any Linux Live drives (memory sticks with a bootable portable version of Linux), but if you do you could boot from the mem stick into Linux, then mount the internal drive from within Linux and format it from there. This would of course wipe all your data but you have already tried steps to reinstall Windows so I am assuming you don't mind. Once the drive is formatted from inside Linux you could power down, then boot from a Windows CD and try re-installing Windows again, or better first, boot from the manuf HD tool (assuming there is an ISO and you can make a bootable CD or mem stick with it) and check the drive first.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/353098-windows-7-boot-failure-error-0xc0000225-cant-repair-reinstall.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello repair Reinstall hard loop or Startup get new - Windows drive? I have a Dell Inspiron N that ran like a dream for the whole months I've had it--until last night when it froze I forced a reset and it got Startup repair loop - Reinstall Windows or get new hard drive? stuck in the Startup Repair loop At first Startup Repair said the problem was a corrupt registry but now it says it can't figure out the root cause at all I tried this tutorial but the computer couldn't copy a couple of the files due to an I O error so it's still stuck in the loop System Restore wouldn't work--it told me there were no restore points Then after spending hours getting my personal files off with Paragon Rescue Kit I ran the Dell diagnostics from the boot menu and the hard drive failed the test with error code - Finally I decided to run chkdsk for the heck of it and it's been stuck on Correcting error Startup repair loop - Reinstall Windows or get new hard drive? in index for file for four hours now What should I do now I'm not especially technologically savvy obviously and this is Startup repair loop - Reinstall Windows or get new hard drive? my first encounter with the startup repair loop so even though I've now read tons of threads and articles on it I still have no idea what to do with my computer I've read a lot of stuff that says reinstalling Windows is the only way to fix it but now I'm wondering if the hard drive is the root cause and can't be fixed Is there any way to tell for sure what's going on or should I just get a new hard drive and be done with it I'm definitely not happy at the prospect of needing a new hard drive on a year-old computer Thanks in advance for any help I'm really losing my mind here

A:Startup repair loop - Reinstall Windows or get new hard drive?

ERROR CODE :2000-0142 from the Dell Forum - Also From DellYour worst fears are true. HDDs can last 1 year or 15 years, I have found it is just luck and care that makes it longer or shorter. Have you dropped or crushed the unit, as this can also shorten the life - Thank You - and Sorry - 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494159/startup-repair-loop-reinstall-windows-or-get-new-hard-drive/
Relevancy 65.79%

recently after a series of crashes my computer will no longer boot the system repair tools have been unable to fix whatever the issue booting, computer 7 windows failing non is repair tools is and cannot seem to restore the computer is non booting, windows 7 repair tools failing to any previous point im at my wits end and my searches for a solution lead me here and the recover tool farbar which i am not clear computer is non booting, windows 7 repair tools failing on how to use beyond scanning these were the results i got i have no idea what i am doing at this point and any help would be greatly apriciated Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM on - - Running from H Windows Home Premium X OS Language English US Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode RecoveryThe current controlset is ControlSet ATTENTION gt FRST is updated to run from normal or Safe mode to produce a full FRST txt log and an extra Addition txt log Registry Whitelisted HKLM-x Run amd dc opt C Program Files x AMD Dual-Core Optimizer amd dc opt exe - - AMD HKLM-x Run Adobe ARM C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run HDAudDeck C Program Files x VIA VIAudioi VDeck VDeck exe -r - - VIA HKLM-x Run OCDLMgr x HKLM-x Run WTClient WTClient exe - - Tablet Driver HKLM-x Run QuickTime Task C Program Files x QuickTime QTTask exe -atboottime - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run APSDaemon C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run iTunesHelper C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run Aeria Ignite C Program Files x Aeria Games Ignite aeriaignite exe silent - - Aeria Games amp Entertainment HKLM-x Run PWRISOVM EXE C Program Files x PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE -startup - - Power Software Ltd HKU Logan Garrison Run Steam C Program Files x Steam steam exe -silent - - Valve Corporation HKU Logan Garrison Run PlayNC Launcher x HKU Logan Garrison Run Akamai NetSession Interface C Users Logan Garrison AppData Local Akamai netsession win exe - - Akamai Technologies Inc HKU Logan Garrison Run Google Update C Users Logan Garrison AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe c - - Google Inc HKU Logan Garrison Run Skype C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe minimized regrun - - Skype Technologies S A Startup C ProgramData Start Menu Programs Startup NETGEAR WNA Smart Wizard lnkShortcutTarget NETGEAR WNA Smart Wizard lnk - gt C Program Files x NETGEAR WNA WNA exe Services Whitelisted S DAUpdaterSvc c program files x steam steamapps common dragon age origins bin ship DAUpdaterSvc Service exe - - BioWare S MSSQL BWDATOOLSET c Program Files x DAODB MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe - - Microsoft Corporation S N C Program Files x Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe - - Symantec Corporation S NetBalancerService C Program Files NetBalancer SeriousBit NetBalancer Service exe - - SeriousBit S PnkBstrA C Windows SysWow PnkBstrA exe - - S Updater Service for AMZN C Program Files x Amazon Browser Bar ToolbarUpdaterService exe - - S VIAKaraokeService C Windows system viakaraokesrv exe - - VIA Technologies Inc S WinTabService C Windows System Drivers WTSRV EXE - - UC-Logic Technology Corp S WSWNA C Program Files x NETGEAR WNA WifiSvc exe - - Drivers Whitelisted S BHDrvx C ProgramData Norton C C - F D- F -AAA - EF E N Definitions BASHDefs BHDrvx sys - - Symantec Corporation S BHDrvx C ProgramData Norton C C - F D- F -AAA - EF E N Definitions BASHDefs BHDrvx sys - - Symantec Corporation S ccSet N C Windows system drivers N x ccSetx sys - - Symantec Corporation S eeCtrl C Program Files x Common Files Symantec Shared EENGINE eeCtrl sys - - Symantec Corporation S eeCtrl C Program Files x Common Files Symantec Shared EENGINE eeCtrl sys - - Symantec Corporation S EraserUtilRebootDrv C Program Files x Common Files Symantec Shared EENGINE EraserUtilRebootDrv sys - - Symantec Corporation S IDSVia C ProgramData Norton C C - F D- F -AAA - EF E N Definitions IPSDefs IDSVi... Read more

A:computer is non booting, windows 7 repair tools failing

disregard i now have a timeline and will just have to reformat the entire thing and start over

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/497631/computer-is-non-booting-windows-7-repair-tools-failing/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello tech reinstall and repair on Stuck setup. windows wheel loading startup during guy forums First I want to say I used to have an account here and the people of this forum walked me through all kinds of hardware software problems in the past so thank you This time around I suspect Stuck on loading wheel during startup repair and windows reinstall setup. the culprit is hardware but I want to start here in Stuck on loading wheel during startup repair and windows reinstall setup. case it is a possible OS issue Here s the gist One night I tripped over the inch speaker cord that was plugged into it s corresponding jack The tension was enough that the plug actually broke off in the jack and the laptop took a spill onto the carpeted floor The next time I tried to Stuck on loading wheel during startup repair and windows reinstall setup. start my laptop it took me to an error screen saying Windows had suffered an error and was unable to start It gave me the option to start normally or run the Windows repair tool which I opted to try Running the repair tool that time and each time since has resulted in a black screen that says quot Windows is loading files quot followed by a low-resoltion Windows OS background and a loading wheel next to the mouse cursor that spins without anything happening After several attempts I downloaded a Win iso and put it on a bootable USB drive I changed boot priority in BIOS and started up This time I get the same quot Windows is loading files quot screen followed by an quot Install Windows quot dialog box that asks for the installation language time format etc When I click quot next quot and quot install Windows quot it takes me to a quot Setup is starting quot screen with the same loading wheel and gets stuck there indefinitely I can move the cursor around but nothing else The last time I did this was before bed and it was still stuck in the morning Could this be damaged RAM or HDD or is it possibly an OS issue Edit If you suspect a hardware issue is it possible for a mod to move the thread Also sorry for any spelling format errors -- posting from my phone Thank you for your time and attention nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-on-loading-wheel-during-startup-repair-and-windows-reinstall-setup.1107585/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello Yesterday my laptop overheated so I put it in a position to repair Update Windows Laptop into booting keeps after Startup failed cool off and turned it on again minute later I went away and when I came back it was off It clearly overheated again I put it near my window and booted it up again and it booted into Startup Repair and ran its auto-fix Which failed and I went into System Recovery Options and I remembered that before it overheated the first time a Windows Update was qued I figured it must have overheated Laptop keeps booting into Startup repair after failed Windows Update the second time during the Windows Update I tried restore points and kept getting this error quot An unspecified error occured during System Restore x b quot However upon closer examination the System Restore Options is telling me this quot Operating System Windows on D Acer quot Laptop keeps booting into Startup repair after failed Windows Update Note the D - because I know for a fact my Laptop keeps booting into Startup repair after failed Windows Update OS is indeed on D I checked using Command Prompt The problem is System Restore is trying to restore the C when it should be doing D I believe this to be the problem I was wondering whether it is or isn't the problem and how do I get System Restore to restore the D and not the C I have no backup disks of any kind so my personal files hang in the balance Thank you Lord Castabarus

A:Laptop keeps booting into Startup repair after failed Windows Update

Never mind, I've screwed it up even more now and it says winloaded.exe is unverified digital signature ect.

I'm just gonna buy a Windows 7 Repair Disk and hope it doesn't delete my files.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/341633-laptop-keeps-booting-into-startup-repair-after-failed-windows-update.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello, I would like to dual boot windows xp and windows 7. I currently am using windows 7 but I would like to install windows xp alongside it on a separate partition. I created the partition in disk management in windows seven and I booted from my xp disk and it goes through the beginning processes and then says entering windows setup and then goes to a blue screen saying that my computer needs to be shutdown. Please help me bypass this or something. Thanks.

A:Dual-Booting Windows XP and Windows 7 Issues

You may have installed Windows Seven in the AHCI mode.
XP will blue screen because the AHCI drivers were not installed for XP.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/221625-dual-booting-windows-xp-windows-7-issues.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I made a recovery/repair DVD and booted up from it. It located my Windows OS on drive C:. Then it gave me a strange menu: Recovery disk Repair Windows Boot Manager Add startup option: Windows Recovery Environment (repaired) These were my only choices. I could not get to the Recovery Console or other menu without accepting the repair. Right now, nothing is broken. Windows boots normally every day. I am afraid if I let the new disk make a &quot;repair,&quot; it may really give me a problem. What to do? Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit. I had not made a repair disk before because I had installed Acronis backup, which prevented it. It was only yesterday that I found the registry edits needed after uninstalling Acronis so that Windows Backup would run.

A:Recovery disk says Repair Windows Boot Manager but OS is booting fine

I wouldn't be afraid of running an offered Repair, and would probably after reboot go back to run a couple more Startup Repairs to see if it finds anything else. It isn't going to harm anything and may find more to correct as it already has.

You can also post back a screenshot of Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image which will tell us if it's correctly configured.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/328344-recovery-disk-says-repair-windows-boot-manager-but-os-booting-fine.html
Relevancy 63.64%

WINDOWS XP PRO CORP Cpu amd ram mb ddr vid card radeon x mb sound sb audigie value bit hdd gb seagate baord nforce no floppy samsung dvd writer i already schecked everything is in its place and secured in the computer ok i brought computer back from friends house both of our computers crashed at same time his one is a bit stuffed Then i went on the interenet thought it was rather slow and i thought to defrag it When i came back it was a black + reinstall (repair) WmiApRpl, work.RSoP, didint errors WinMgmt wrecked. more Windows screen Windows woudlnt start So i tried a chkdsk r and fixboot at recovery consol and still no avail I reinstall repair windows XP it came up with a bluescreen chkdsk thing fixing a few errors saying i ahve a few bad sectors blah blah then Windows wrecked. reinstall (repair) didint work.RSoP, WmiApRpl, WinMgmt errors + more it came with a windows starting up screen exactly the same as the windows shutting down screen but it says quot windows starting up quot It stays on this screen for around minutes before going into the login screen Then loads normally When the computer is started it says ati control pannel will not start sumthing about me not ahving permissions but my normal account is the only account Windows wrecked. reinstall (repair) didint work.RSoP, WmiApRpl, WinMgmt errors + more and the admin account i reinstalled it with latest drivers even tried early drivers no avail Then i cant run windows media player They are really the only things wrong with the computer but it is of great annoyance having to wait mintues to start my computer I cannot re-format windows as i will lose a certain program i need its called reason very copy protective and my friend has the cds any ideas here are some of the problems i found in event log read these from event log Windows couldn t Windows wrecked. reinstall (repair) didint work.RSoP, WmiApRpl, WinMgmt errors + more log the RSoP Resultant Set of Policies session status An attempt to connect to WMI failed No more RSoP logging will be done for this application of policy For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp The open procedure for service quot WmiApRpl quot in DLL quot C WINDOWS System wbem wmiaprpl dll quot has taken longer than the established wait time to complete There may be a problem with this extensible counter or the service it is collecting data from or the system may have been very busy when this call was attempted For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Volume Shadow Copy Service error Unexpected error calling routine CoCreateInstance hr x For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp The COM Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing HRESULT was C from line of d nt com com x src events tier eventsystemobj cpp Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp i think thats all of them nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-wrecked-reinstall-repair-didint-work-rsop-wmiaprpl-winmgmt-errors-more.36865/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi all i am completely stumped here and need some help please my father in laws pc is running windows xp pro sp and it got a virus in the system volume information It was also running really slow and every time the pc was started up the my documents folder always popped up and opened I know how to clear the virus s malware issues pro windows reinstall xp but i now can t login past the welcome screen to do the repairs I googled the my documents issue and came across this https support microsoft com en-us kb and with it being microsoft i presumed it was the best action to take I followed exactly what it says i think but now probably not and on pc restart it now goes to the welcome windows xp pro reinstall issues screen and when i click to login on the profile it then logs straight off saving settings in the process each time i click the login profile this occurs every time so windows xp pro reinstall issues i presume i mistyped something on the WINDOWS system userinit exe which is preventing the login details to work so i press F on start up and i have tried every option available in F mode but it always ends up back at the welcome screen first and again the same thing happens when trying to login I cant do any command prompts in safe mode so thats no use I have also gone down the F route windows xp pro reinstall issues and tried to boot the usb first as i have a pen with windows defender offline on it but again it just loads up to the welcome page again I have the windows xp pro disk so i booted in bios from the cd and it gets to the windows setup screen but thats all it says WINDOWS SETUP and it just says that no selections to choose or anything left it for an hour and still no joy i presume the disk came with sp on it as there is a second disk here with sp on it which he was sent through the post so i am guessing it wont boot to reinstall as it sees the wrong service pack Any help would be much appreciated as there are precious wedding pics on here my father in law wants I am not a pro of computers but i can follow instructions and carry out basic virus scans and stuff but thats as far as my knowledge goes im sorry so go easy on me any ideas thanks nbsp

A:windows xp pro reinstall issues

i presume i mistyped something on the :\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe which is preventing the login details to work.Click to expand...

It's my guess that's what you did. Windows is normally installed in the C drive, so the correct command was most likely

C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe

i presume the disk came with sp2 on it as there is a second disk here with sp3 on it which he was sent through the post so i am guessing it wont boot to reinstall as it sees the wrong service pack.Click to expand...

The Windows XP disc doesn't need to contain Service Pack 3 in order for it to be able to boot.

Unless someone else advises you otherwise, you'll probably need to do a repair of Windows XP. See if this article is helpful to you.

https://www.winhelp.us/non-destructive-reinstall-of-windows-xp.html

there are precious wedding pics on here my father in law wantsClick to expand...

Irreplaceable and important data should be backed up on a regular basis to reliable external media. Waiting until there's a problem with a computer is a good way to lose it permanently.

-----------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-pro-reinstall-issues.1149295/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi all i am completely stumped here and need some help please my father in laws pc is running windows xp pro sp and it got a virus in the system volume information It was also running really slow and every time the pc was started up the 'my documents' folder always popped up and please. help windows reinstall pro xp need issues. sp3 opened I know how to clear the virus's malware but i now can't login past the welcome screen to do the repairs I googled the 'my windows xp pro sp3 reinstall issues. need help please. documents' issue and came across this https windows xp pro sp3 reinstall issues. need help please. support microsoft com en-us kb and with it being microsoft i presumed it was the best action to take I followed exactly what it says i think but now probably not and on pc restart it now goes to the welcome screen and when i click to login on the profile it then logs straight off saving settings in the process each time i click the login profile this occurs every time so i press F on start up and i have tried every option available in F mode but it always ends up back at the welcome screen first and again the same thing happens when trying to login I cant do any command prompts in safe mode so thats no use I have also gone down the F route and tried to boot the usb first as i have a pen with windows defender offline on it but again it just loads up to the welcome page again I have the windows xp pro disk so i booted in bios from the cd windows xp pro sp3 reinstall issues. need help please. and it gets to the windows setup screen but thats all it says 'WINDOWS SETUP' and it just says that no selections to choose or anything left it for an hour and still no joy Any help would be much appreciated as there are precious wedding pics on here my father in law wants I am not a pro of computers but i can follow instructions and carry out basic virus scans and stuff but thats as far as my knowledge goes any ideas thanks

A:windows xp pro sp3 reinstall issues. need help please.

Welcome to the forum. What is t you want to do? Save the data and do a clean install or repair xp?

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-xp/124691-windows-xp-pro-sp3-reinstall-issues-need-help-please.html
Relevancy 63.64%

My Wife's PC had Windows 10 installed and was giving us fits, so I reinstalled Windows 7 Pro and before installing I formatted the HD about 5-6 times hopefully to get a very clean install.

Everything seemed to go along nicely. After the install I activated the OS and started doing Updates. It did several updates until it got to SP1 which it said it installed.

After that when I go to shut down I get a wait for "Task Host Window". I believe this has caused me not be able to install anymore updates. I had it search for new updates and it spins for hours with NO results and I know there has to be more updates.

Are these two things related and how to I go about fixing them. I really don't want to have to do another clean install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/380118-reinstall-windows-7-have-issues.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I am running Windows XP SP3 on a Systemax Intel Pentium III. !st problem is the internal disc drive no longer works. I have been using an external CD/DVD drive for quite some time now. However, there is no option in the BIOS on this computer to have it boot from the external drive. Also, my original XP installation disc is SP2 2002 version. I have since upgraded it to SP3 when it first came available. Now it will not let me run a live reinstall because the disc is an older version than I am currently running. My goal was to have only Windows XP on my C:\ drive and put everything else on the 1TB expansion I recently added. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks, dallen59

A:Want to reinstall Windows XP-Having issues

and welcome to the Forum

You will have to boot from the XP installation disc to reinstall . . to do that you will have to replace the CD drive with one that works.

This is a good guide to reinstalling XP . . you might want to print it for reference during the install.

http://www.techhandbook.com/windows/...g-Windows.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/want-to-reinstall-windows-xp-having-issues-539800.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi guys, have followed the tuit but the compatability report stalls with the report stating " Windows 7 cannot be upgraded to windows 7" or words to that effect.
When doing the little white lie trick by setting compatability as Vista service pack 2 the following compatability report states"To upgrade you must run Win 7 with service pack 1, close the installation and check for updates of service pack 1" .
My 32bit disc include service pack 1. Can any one direct me around the problem or is a clean install the answer ?

A:Windows 7 Pro non destructive reinstall issues

report stating " Windows 7 cannot be upgraded to windows 7" or words to that effect.
=>exact error please

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/314293-windows-7-pro-non-destructive-reinstall-issues.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I have a Dell Vostro s that shipped with Vista in I purchased the 'Reinstallation DVD Windows Professional SP -Bit' with a product key and Reinstall bit 7 Professional issues 64 Windows used it to upgrade from Vista to Windows approx years ago We have a new laptop now we've copied all Reinstall Windows 7 Professional 64 bit issues our important files onto the laptop and I would like to do a clean reinstall of Windows on the Vostro I went into the boot menu and set it up to boot from the DVD drive and then rebooted with the 'Reinstallation DVD Windows Professional SP -Bit' DVD in the DVD drive It acts like it wants to Reinstall Windows 7 Professional 64 bit issues read the DVD drive but then boots from the HD Once rebooted I can click on the setup exe on the DVD drive Reinstall Windows 7 Professional 64 bit issues and after selecting English it goes to a Not Responding state Also after rebooting if I insert the Windows DVD into the DVD drive and then choose to run setup exe from the pop up I get the same 'Not Responding' after choosing English and yes to allow windows to make changes to my PC Anyone have any ideas what is wrong

A:Reinstall Windows 7 Professional 64 bit issues

Hello mate just one thing did the Vostro come with a factory restore feature ie can you set it back to factory settings eg Vista then try the disk?

PS This please System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/384268-reinstall-windows-7-professional-64-bit-issues.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Had issues with flash player on windows on my profile other profiles on the same computer worked fine Tried to reinstall windows then started to issues windows s5-1224 after with reinstall trying 10 having boot problems nbsp Had gb memory in PC one gb and one gb nbsp Ever since trying to reinstall windows Pc doesnt like anything more then gb installed How I find this out was Pc wouldnt boot so tested a bunch of options I found that PC would only boot when only gb was present nbsp Doesnt matter which slot I use out of the slots Tried booting with gb no goTried booting with just gb stick no goTried booting with just gb stick its a go nbsp Tried different brand of gb no go nbsp When I say issues with s5-1224 after trying to reinstall windows 10 it wont boot with more then gb present I mean issues with s5-1224 after trying to reinstall windows 10 it wont even boot to bios PC turns on issues with s5-1224 after trying to reinstall windows 10 fans start up hard drive starts for just a sec but nothing more with over gb present nbsp Checked for any Bios update - nope nothing availble nbsp Tried removing all usb devices when over gb no go nbsp Reset cmos No goReset board via jumpers no go nbsp Totally out of options

A:issues with s5-1224 after trying to reinstall windows 10

This statement "Tried to reinstall windows 10 then started having boot problems"  does that mean Windows 10 was installed at least for a little bit?  What process did you try for the reinstall?  It might be worthwhile to try the reinstall with only the 2GB stick installed, just for reference.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/issues-with-s5-1224-after-trying-to-reinstall-windows-10/td-p/5527321
Relevancy 63.21%

I've tried everything and i dont have a blank CD to wipe my drive with either. Lemme start from beginning...Im reinstalling XP-PRO-64Bit and i would like to start on a clean drive but when i use the microsoft utility included with xp, it says i cant format it because i have temporary installation files on that drive...I've already gone into environmental variables and deleted all the temp files. I'm going insane here.... Not to mention my pc refuses to boot from CD so i cant use bootCDs to wipe it either....HOW CAN I FORMAT???? *** IS TEMPORARY INSTALLATION FILES AND HOW DO I RID OF THEM?

A:Can't reinstall windows due to formatting issues

If i read this right, you are booting from the install CD, trying to use the install utilities to format the drive and it refuses?
you can use a third party partitioning utility and formatting utility like G Parted, Trinity Rescue Kit or any other assortment of free software.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-reinstall-windows-due-to-formatting-issues-453604.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I have Windows XP Home Edition and one morning I tried to turn my computer on and found that windows will not boot up It goes into a continuous loop and the Windows XP screen will come up where it is thinking but will never actually bring up windows After - minutes it goes back to rebooting I have pressed F to try and change order of boot phases but am not to knowledgeable of what to do there but tried various different things to no avail I have tried Issues Windows Booting to boot in Safe Mode and other options Windows Booting Issues available on that screen but still not able to bring Windows Booting Issues windows up I have not tried to use the CD s yet as I m afraid to lose any files that I have on my Hard drive I am a lost and have tried what I know If there is any help that people may provide please help me My computer is a Compaq Presario Laptop and I had purchased in I know it s old but never had major issues until now

A:Windows Booting Issues

I've had that happen to me before. I asked around here, and got pretty much no answer. I couldn't boot in safe mode, w/o networking, or even in command prompt without it restarting.Mine didn't stop until i re-installed windows. So, instead of losing all your files, do this:Download a version of "Live Linux" (like Knoppix or Puppy Linux). When you download and burn the files to a cd, insert the cd into your malfunctioning computers CD drive. The next time it boots up, it'll boot directly to the linux OS (should, anyway). That way you can save any files you want to. E-mail them to yourself, put them on a floppy/thumb drive, send them to a friend to be retrieved later, whatever.Then, keep Knoppix or whatever Live Linux distrobution you downloaded. It's been a major factor in my computer history, since windows seems to crash about as often as you hit the "F" key on your keyboard. I still have files that are 6 years old, but have had to re-install windows at least 6 times on 2 different boxes.Hope this helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/55963/windows-booting-issues/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello..

I have a hdd, and an ssd. Both have windows installed. However, to boot up from the ssd, I have to have both drives connected so the bios runs the windows boot manager, so I can select to start windows from the hhd or start windows on the ssd.

When I unplug the hhd, the bios removes the windows boot manager, leaving the ssd unable to be booted from.

When just the ssd with windows is plugged in, my computer tries to boot directly from the ssd instead of going through the windows boot manager ending with a non-bootable disk error.

Any assistance so I can remove this old hhd from my pc one and for all?

Thanks a ton guys!

A:Booting Windows from SSD issues..

try this:
1) boot from windows install dvd/usb.
2) Press Shift+F10 for cmd.
3) Type:
bootrec /fixboot
bootrec /fixmbr
bootrec /rebuildbcd

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/booting-windows-ssd-issues-277246/
Relevancy 62.78%

ok so i had a laptop that i went to boot up and it showed the lenovo logo, then went to a white screen its the first time i have ever seen this issue. Has anyone else come across this bug and have any advise on how to fix it. im trying to fix this without having to do a reinstall if possible any ideas. thank you

A:issues with booting up windows 10 pro

Could be the display driver, have you recently updated this driver ? Do you have a Windows 10 Disc made ? Can you provide exact model number of Lenovo.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/32980-issues-booting-up-windows-10-pro.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I need help.

I had my MP3 player pluged into my pc via usb cable, near the end of me loading songs onto it, me PC froze then re started, but gets as far as the windows logo and shut down and re starts again this time with options to go into safe mode, safe mode with network, safe mode with c promt, last known configuration and normal mode.

I have tried the last known one and the same thing happens. I can get into safe mode but am unsure what to do from there.

I hope this can be fixed, as I don't have the windows and office discs

A:Windows Xp S2 Booting Issues

hmmmmmmm.....See you posted this a month ago and no response. I posted today a similar problem and have not recd answer so far. This problem must be extremly hard to diagnose or a no brainer and no one told us. . Iam moving on to another help site.

sl2

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/56023/windows-xp-s2-booting-issues/
Relevancy 62.78%

I am having problems with my HP laptop booting back up. I moved my laptop last night from 1 place to another and it shut down. When I tried to boot back up, I received this message:

START WINDOWS NORMALLY

When I hit this message, it tries to boot back up normally and then I get a blue screen that comes up for a quick second that says:

STOP: c0000218 {Registry File Failure}
The registry cannot load the hive (file):
The message pops up so fast that I am not able to read everything on the page.
Then it repeats the whole process over and over.

Please let me know if I need to get more details from that page to determine the malfunction.

Relevancy 62.78%

I have a pc with Windows Xp pro on it and its not booting into windows the perennial reboot situation I decided to repair windows but because its a SATA drive on Windows XP issues repair an Asrock P V motherboard it detects no hard drive I copied the RAID drivers on a floppy disc rebooted hit F but keep getting the message quot File txtsetup oem caused an unexpected error at line in d xpsprtm base boot setup oemdisk quot Sometimes its line I have downloaded the drivers off the Asrock website and also copied off the motherboard cd but neither work The manual says to produce a SATA driver disc you need to boot with the Mobo cd in the drive and follow instructions to produce a driver disc I Windows XP repair issues tried this also but keep getting the message Sector not found Cannot redirect Windows XP repair issues input from file I have tried other floppy disc and floppy drives I have swapped the cd drive for a new DVD writer but nothing seems to help I have ran diagnostic checks on memory and hard Windows XP repair issues drive and both seem to be good I have tried exerything I can think of but seem to be going round in circles I have been into the BIOS and the only settings for SATA are quot RAID quot or quot Disable quot there is only one hard drive but I have to choose RAID as otherwise it doesn t find the drive in the BIOS I am hoping one of you guys have some words of wisdom to help me out here nbsp

A:Windows XP repair issues

Did you try a new SATA cable?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-repair-issues.157164/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi Toshiba Portege Z - PT E Windows Professional SP I'm new to issues Portege a - Windows reinstall Z930-108 after 7 forums so please forgive me if I don't Portege Z930-108 - issues after a Windows 7 reinstall give enough information I have two issues with my Portege Z that have been bugging me for months if not longer The first and Portege Z930-108 - issues after a Windows 7 reinstall more longstanding issue is with the touchpad Every so often it disables itself for no reason and without warning I quickly learned to press Function F and it comes back on again However recently it was becoming more and more common every couple of minutes which led me to reinstall back to factory settings Since then Portege Z930-108 - issues after a Windows 7 reinstall it has been disabling a lot less frequently once every few hours but it still does it The other issue is with the device disconnect sound This keeps on playing regardless of whether I have anything connected or not It was driving me crazy until I learned I could simply disable the sound effect which I have done but clearly this is not a solution was hoping that this would be cleared up by the restoring of Window to factory settings but if anything its been worse since This has been going on for a few months now and I have tried everything I've read although I'm not that tech literate so I may not have understood a lot of what I've read I've looked in event viewer but there doesn't seem to be a record of anything happening when the noise occurs In device manager the screen does seem to refresh shortly after the noise but there's no way of knowing which device is causing the problem as they all claim to be working properly It seems to happen at random For example it may be quiet for mins or even an hour or so and then it will make the noise every secs until I disable the sound It is a frustrating one Any ideas or if you need any further information please let me know Thanks Keith

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?83855-Portege-Z930-108-issues-after-a-Windows-7-reinstall
Relevancy 62.35%

Got Win10 on laptop [only 3 yrs old] thru Microsoft free download period, which recently started with sluggish performance, much freezing in programs, esp on Windows Movie Maker. Performed Defrag, all virus & malware scans [have none], and have plenty of memory & RAM left. Uninstalled Windows Movie Maker, thought it would help. Tried to reinstall Windows Essential 2012 to get back Movie Maker...but not all components will reinstall.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/66517-issues-reinstall-windows-essential-2012-a.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi all

I have a Samsung EVO SSD & I tried to reinstall Windows 7 but Windows won't allow me to perform the reinstall & gave me this message ..... " Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table. On EFI system, Windows can only be installed to GPT disk."

I've also include a screen shot of my drive to view.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Vincent

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/400945-cannot-reinstall-windows-7-due-hard-drive-issues.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi new guy here I've been having some pretty major computer issues over the past couple of days I own an Asus U a laptop which I managed to drop off a table onto the floor This resulted in some very minor damage to the case but it still worked fine Clean issues and 7 Crash Windows Reinstall until I restarted it Windows was unable to boot and it went in recovery mode I have had this issue once before with this laptop Windows 7 Crash and Clean Reinstall issues minus the dropping and I attempted to use the recovery partition to reinstall windows as I did previously However this did not work the recovery process said it could not locate files At this point I decided to use a windows DVD to reinstall I burned a copy off the internet and used diskpart to clean the hard drive I have everything backed up Unfortunately this didn't work either as it told me I was missing a windows driver I attempted another install and managed to get to the password creation screen before it bluescreened on me and I had to start again I have tried multiple ISO Windows 7 Crash and Clean Reinstall issues images and multiple DVDs but I cannot seem to get this to work every time it tells me I'm missing a driver or kernel I've tried to look for some answers on what might be wrong and I'm leaning towards bad hard drive as my RAM checks out fine and I've tried different install disks For what it's worth I ran a smart tool last week and it indicated that I had a few corrupt sectors on this drive so I guess trouble was brewing anyway Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks

A:Windows 7 Crash and Clean Reinstall issues

I would Check the hard drive with the manufacturer's diagnostic tools.
Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.
Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/309073-windows-7-crash-clean-reinstall-issues.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I'm not good with this sort of 8 WINDOWS BOOTING ISSUES NOT & XUBUNTU tech I installed Xubuntu on my LENOVO G laptop I followed a tutorial telling me switch to UEFI mode or something and to make laptop boot from USB I put Xubuntu on my USB All seemed fine but now when I turn my laptop on I can't choose to boot into windows or Xubuntu its just always Xubuntu and a black screen saying grub and the only option on that screen that works is Ubuntu It is such a bad install that Xubuntu did not even have the software centre and so I can't install anything Xubuntu works without XUBUNTU & WINDOWS 8 NOT BOOTING ISSUES having my USB in which is annoying as I would have preferred USB boot into Xubuntu otherwise default windows or windows and xubuntu showing side by side as a dual boot so I can select which one I want to boot into Please anyone help me get back into windows I've XUBUNTU & WINDOWS 8 NOT BOOTING ISSUES read I need a windows bootable usb iso I was lucky to find on Xubuntu desktop a folder by the name of WINDOWS OS And it has files from when I used windows I don't want to lose these files or programs Please help

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/xubuntu-amp-windows-8-not-booting-issues-4608664/
Relevancy 62.35%

My computer would not boot Windows I am getting a error message
"Diskette drive 0 seek failure"
"System volume on disk is corrupt"
what should i do I cant get on safe mode either or run a system restore

A:Windows Vista booting issues

Is there a disk in the floppy drive?
Have you been getting disk errors or strange behavior previous to this error during boot?

If the hard drive is dying or dead you may be able to backup your important data by using a Windows PE boot disk, a linux live CD or something like Norton Ghost.

If you don't need anything on the disk, try to run a drive diagnostic using a boot disk and see what errors, if any, are returned.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-booting-issues-547617.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello This is my first post to this forum but hopefully a Booting 2000 Issues Windows good one I have a PC running win k A few days ago it displayed the message Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt lt windows root Windows 2000 Booting Issues gt system ntoskrnl exe Please reinstall a copy of the above file After reading about the problem I decided to boot the computer from my win k CD and select to repair the windows installation from my emergency disk Well that took care of the message displaying but now windows does not attempt to boot at all Here is the twist I have a seagate GB hard drive installed on the PC via a SIIG PCI UltraATA controller card Since this is the case I had to press F when running the recovery CD and insert my controller card driver floppy disk Since the recovery process accurately found and checked my hard drive I figured that would fix everything But now after rebooting it almost seems like it is not even trying to access the hard drive to boot windows anymore After going thru the motherboard BIOS and then the controller card BIOS it seems like it gives up just a blank black screen and perhaps cannot find the hard drive Do I need to re-install my controller card drivers again even though I installed them during recovery when I pressed F and inserted the driver disk If so how and where do I install them I can still get to the hard drive using quot DOS quot in win k CD recovery console so I know the physical connection is there Any help would be greatly appreciated I have alot of data on the hard drive and would prefer not to lose it Thanks nbsp

A:Windows 2000 Booting Issues

Try doing a repair again, frantically hit the f6 key as before to install the drivers. This time do a fast repair and select all three options. I can't recall their names. If you can't see what i'm talking about let me know and i'll do it on a machine at work tomorrow.

Then try to boot to windows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-2000-booting-issues.18343/
Relevancy 62.35%

So I recently installed some windows updates on my desktop and then I started getting some crazy boot errors I would get Kernal stack inpage error or on some reboots I d get unmountable boot volume When I boot up now the CPU gets to the issues Booting Windows with XP Multiple page where it says Microsoft Windows XP and then it restarts itself automatically and Windows XP with Multiple Booting issues then gives me the option to boot XP home edition or Windows recovery console for about seconds and then I get the option to try it in all the safe modes which don t work because it gets stuck at gagp kx sys and then automatically reboots If I choose last know good configuration it just reboots itself It s become a cycle that never stops with the reboots I ve gotten a blue screen that tells me run chkdsk f but if I can t boot xp that does me no good This old desktop didn t come with the installation disk either I ve searched all around but nobody else seems to have this exact issue Any help would be greatly appreciated Chris

A:Windows XP with Multiple Booting issues

I've gotten a blue screen that tells me run chkdsk /f but if I can't boot xp that does me no good.chkdsk (chkdsk /f is one option) can be run from the Recovery Console which it seems, you already have installed on the system to boot into. HOWEVER ... given some of your "crazy boot errors" ... I recommend that you first run the hard drive manufacturer's diagnostic utility, because I suspect your hard drive may be failing.What is the brand (manufacturer's name) of the hard drive in question?To determine the hard drive manufacturer ... there are two ways you could do this:Open the box and read the label on the hard drive (you may have to remove the hard drive to see the label?).Enter the BIOS Setup Menu, and look at the information presented about the hard drive that is detected (if you have more than one hard drive, make sure it is the one that your Windows system is on): It will probably display the model number ... if not the brand name ... and then we can check that model number to determine the manufacturer.
Start tapping the appropriate key (usually the DELETE key) after powering-on the system, to enter the BIOS Setup Menu:
How To Access the BIOS Setup UtilityPlease let us know that information and I will be able to link you to the correct tool to download, and provide instructions to run the test.Edit: Correct BBCode

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/418890/windows-xp-with-multiple-booting-issues/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello I am not sure that this topic is in the right section but here goes I have a portable bootable Windows XP Professional SP built with USBoot on my Toshiba GB external USB HDD It works perfectly for when I run virus scanners and cleaning utilities at work as well as do photo editing and d modeling at school The only problem is I ve been able to boot it on every computer that supports USB so far except for my own computer at home My home computer is a Dell Dimension and it does support booting from USB devices I use to run Slax and then Kubuntu off of it and they booted fine off the drive on my home system but it was frustrating to have to deal with their incompatibilities in a mostly Microsoft world Unfortunately now when I try to boot portable windows from it on my home system I get quot Error Loading Operating System quot Windows issues XP Portable Booting which leads me to believe that the Bios is at fault An idea I had was to bootkick it from some CD or use some form of boot loader that points to the USB drive and doesn t fully rely on the Bios ability to boot it But I have no idea how to do that for Windows XP alone or if it s even possible What would be really cool is if the CD could also help with booting it on systems which their Bios doesn t support USB booting But if there s some other way that I can use to make this work I would love to hear about it It s AM and I m tired so I m not sure if I included everything that s needed but Portable Windows XP Booting issues as far as I know that s all I have to say Any Suggestions or Help would be very much appreciated

A:Portable Windows XP Booting issues

Hi There

Its actually not a good idea to have windows XP on a portable drive as when you move it to a diffrent PC the configuration of the OS changes to that PC, So I would recommend Installing XP onto your home drive and do not try booting XP from a portable HDD again as this damages the files on the disk as the OS has to install new devices everytime itstarts

What you could try at work is , go system properties , advanced , enviroment varibles and set the following system varibles :Varible Name: devmgr_Show_non_present_devices Varible Value : 1

Now go to device manager and click show all devices (hidden devices) , the one's that are greyed or washed out icons , you could uninstall without affecting your system. This should work

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/231519/portable-windows-xp-booting-issues/
Relevancy 61.92%

Windows Pro bit After assembling a brand new machine and installing Windows all seemed to be going well and then for some reason I 7 Issues time!) Repair Windows (big booted again and it came up with System Repair and could not repair it So I decided maybe a power failure or something had trashed it I did a complete reinstall of Win bit Pro Things seemed fine again but then eventually it did the same thing On this machine I Windows 7 Repair Issues (big time!) have tried the following swapped my RAM It didn't help Both still show GB of RAM Ran the memory tester in System Repair menu swapped the power supply for a better one performed System Repair unsuccessful performed Windows 7 Repair Issues (big time!) System Restore unsuccessful Disabled CPI APIC support amp set Plug and Play O S YES in BIOS per a newsgroup--didn't work reset all BIOS settings to factory defaults fixmbr fixboot SFC SCANNOW Attempted booting to Safe Mode I once got it to show the log of loaded drivers It seemed to hang on classpnp sys Installed Windows XP Pro bit just to see--seemed to work fine RMAd the motherboard Asus P X D Premium just in case Installed that reinstalled Windows again It seemed to be working but today when I booted it up to try to work on it again I got the Startup Repair I let it run then it said the following Cannot repair this computer automatically Problem Event Name StartupRepair offline Signatures Unknown autofailover Corruptfile OSVER Locale ID I really have NO more ideas as to what could be wrong with this Any suggestions It seems an unreliable machine at best More info This has an i processor GB of DDR Corsair Cooler Master case ATI Radeon HD a DVD writer Western Digital WD AAKS GB hard drive

A:Windows 7 Repair Issues (big time!)

Please start with these free diagnostics:

Quote:
H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)
HD Diagnostic (read the details at the link)

FWIW - I don't trust the Windows memory diagnostic, so please try the one that I recommend.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/114596-windows-7-repair-issues-big-time.html
Relevancy 61.92%

My computer won't load all the way it keeps going in startup repair in Windows 7.

The initial problem was a virus caused by oovoo that my kid put on my computer if you can help it would be very helpful.

Relevancy 61.92%

Hi I switch my old MB and CPU for new ones On start up it would tell me to pick Windows XP Pro or Debug mode Then next it asks window xp last known working safe mode etc No matter what I pick a loading bar appears at bottom loads of bar then restarts I figured cause of the new hardware so I did a Repair XP Install Windows Repair issues Install on XP First time it froze at the saving configuration part I restarted and then it was able to get past that on the second try for the repair After it Windows XP Repair Install issues restarted to boot windows XP I wait for the part to hit no key and wait for it to boot xp What it does is go blank show a loading bar at the bottom loads half way then reboots again I repair again and it does the same thing I can t get to the part to Windows XP Repair Install issues boot xp to finish the install repair to go through windows install Am I missing something I did a recovery console check disk and it did find some errors idk what those are or how to find out what they are nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

Hello I m having a issues Windows mouse repair very odd problem I m currently repairing my Windows XP on an older computer and for that reason cannot give many specifics on the computer but it is an HP When I m at the Installing Devices screen of the quot Installing Windows quot part of the repair I get a Windows repair mouse issues message The software you are installing for this hardware NVIDIA nForce MCP Networking Controller has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify its compatability with Windows XP Do you want to continue installing the software for this hardware Normally I would click Yes without another thought but neither my mouse nor my keyboard are working at this point in the install so I get to just look at the error message without being able to address it at all Also I have tried PS mice including the one that the computer came with Any suggestions Thanks Update I found the keyboard that came with the computer and tried that and at that point the num lock light is on but I still cannot choose Yes or No by using the keyboard Apparently it has to be done with the mouse Also the mouse that came with the computer is laser mouse and the light is not on at any point throughout the installation or any other time for that matter nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-repair-mouse-issues.947027/
Relevancy 61.92%

I was working on a friends computer where all there files were gone or so it seemed. I then ran combofix which returned the icons on the desktop screen. However when I went to the c: the folders were there but nothing in them or so it seemed. I thought mounting the drive in BSD would work and the drive would not detect. I then tried to mount the drive with windows 7 and xp and again the drive would not detect. I then put the hard drive back into the original machine and it would no longer boot. When I ran combo fix I found that it removed the windows repair spyware programs. But I'm not sure if it is the drive or the spyware. Would the spyware not allow the drive to read in other operating systems? Any help would be appreciated.

A:Issues with windows repair spyware

Hello and sorry for the delay.

First of all, if this is an IDE drive, did you set the jumpers back from Slave to Master?

What do you see when you try to power the computer on?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/390229/issues-with-windows-repair-spyware/
Relevancy 61.92%

Problem description Last night I tried to reinstall Windows XP so that its factory default-like Its a custom built PC that I purchased from ebay It came with cds for motherboard drivers and video card drivers When I get to the point where the cd boots after restart it comes up with the normal Windows setup screens Install repair I hit ENTER to install it to the C drive and it says that it does not detect ANY hard drives on my system After being up until am googling and talking to a friend later it seems that I need a floppy Drive Reinstall, Motherboard, Issues Windows and Floppy of the RAID Windows Reinstall, Motherboard, and Floppy Drive Issues drivers Windows Reinstall, Motherboard, and Floppy Drive Issues to install Problem is that I have no floppy drive I Windows Reinstall, Motherboard, and Floppy Drive Issues m willing to go out right now and get an external My questions are will I be able to do this with no problems even if the floppy drive is external as opposed to internal will the computer detect it all the way through the process Also how do I put the RAID drivers on floppy disk with the drivers I had now Attempted fixes I ve used chkdsk and other diagnosis programs to make sure the hard drive and motherboard are fine I made sure that the cables were fine to the hard drive the c drive is working fine as I m using it normally at this moment Recent changes None -- Operating system Windows XP System specs CPU AMD ATHLON -bit CPU - GHz Gaming Chip HARD DRIVE GB RPM SATA- Serial-ATA Hard Drive MEMORY GB DDR RAM VIDEO MB RADEON X graphics Video - Integrated in the Radeon Xpress chipset MOTHERBOARD ASUS A R-MX SI Socket Motherboard GB max memory -channel audio USB SATA PCI Express X PCI Express X PCI DVD BURNER x IDE DVD RW Dual Layer DVD Burner also burns CD s NETWORK CARD LAN Controller SOUND CARD Channel Audio Processor nbsp

A:Windows Reinstall, Motherboard, and Floppy Drive Issues

You're on the right track but an external floppy is a problem as it's connected through USB. I'd recommend installing a floppy ($15.00 new or an old one, free) to do the job then if you want take it out when done.

PS: Welcome to the board.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-reinstall-motherboard-and-floppy-drive-issues.598394/
Relevancy 61.92%

Ok i have an Emachines Desktop with an Athlon XP processor MB RAM Maxtor GB HD and i had Win k installed until recently However around days ago i went to bootup Win k and i system/driver issues reinstall/file windows got an error saying NTLDR could not be found and so i decided to install windows XP Professional In my past experience when I had done a win k install over an existing install all files were left intact windows reinstall/file system/driver issues in their original structure However when i finally finished installing windows All my files were no longer in their original tree format and they are all now in a folder called found windows reinstall/file system/driver issues this is very confusing because the drive was formatted in NTFS and for some reason the WINNT folder from the previous Win k install is still intact Is there any way to get my files back the way they were The next problem i have is that I lost the driver CD for my b g PCI card and it is not a card made by a name-brand manufacturer I bought it off ebay for windows reinstall/file system/driver issues like dollars but it works wonderfully for me The problem is that i know that the driver and the software are still on the computer in either the WINNT folder and the found folder but those folders contain almost files I don't even know where to begin on this one so if anyone could help me out with these i would appreciate it everybody thank you in advance

A:windows reinstall/file system/driver issues

Hello and welcome to TSF

What is the name of the folders?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-reinstall-file-system-driver-issues-159748.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I'm having some troubles trying to get Ubuntu bit dual-booted with Windows bit Firstly I burned the latest ISO from the official Ubuntu website to an GB USB formatted to FAT- using Universal-USB-Installer I then restarted my computer and changed the USB boot order to position proceeding to dual and 10 Windows Ubuntu Issues 15.10 booting boot through the USB and then selected the 'Try ubuntu' option The computer successfully launched into the Ubuntu operating system however when I selected the install desktop icon and have confirmed setup installation I am greeted with the following error Force UEFI Installation This machines's firmware has started this installer in UEFI mode but it looks like there maybe existing operating systems already installed using BIOS compatibility mode If you continue to install Debian in UEFI mode it might be difficult to reboot into any BIOS-mode operating system I looked around to find the cause I've tried disabling Fast Boot in the BIOS Issues dual booting Ubuntu 15.10 and Windows 10 and Windows operating system as well as looking for alternative installation approaches using Legacy non UEFI BIOS however the issue still seems to be occurring Could anyone help me with this please can provide more information on request

A:Issues dual booting Ubuntu 15.10 and Windows 10

This tutorial worked for me:

Installing Ubuntu/Linux Mint on UEFI System with Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10
http://forums.mydigitallife.info/thr...ndows-8-8-1-10

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/36742-issues-dual-booting-ubuntu-15-10-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 61.49%

my computer doesn t seem to want to boot however when it does actually boot and run windows it works fine as far as i can tell in the systems configurations all the devices show to be working properly this is my st build and i am learning as i go any useful suggestions would be greatly appreciated note whenever i get the computer booted and running it works fine but when i shut it down and then turn it back on later i have to start all over again i get error messages and a blue screen system specs ASUS M N TD MOTHERBOARD ASUS N- WIRELESS CARD ADAPTER ASUS ENGTS X GRAPHICS dump with issues/crash 7 windows booting CARDS APEVIA WARLOCK WATT PSU AMD PHENOM IIX PROCESSOR ASUS DVD - RW SATA PLUGINS SEAGATE BARRACUDA RPM MB CACHE TB INTERNAL HDD SATA PLUGINS WINDOWS BIT FULL OEM VERSION ONBOARD COOLERMASTER CASE FANS X MM AND X MM error codes are as follows x x fb xfffff f xfffff f xfffff c f x x booting issues/crash dump with windows 7 xfffff a c xfffff a cc x their seems to be different error codes on each unsuccessful boot however when windows does load properly the computer works fine or until i try to download example downloading drivers then i get the blue screen with the crash dump

A:booting issues/crash dump with windows 7

STOP 24 errors...can indicate a problem with either the NTFS file system...the hard drive itself...or Windows file ntfs.sys.I would try the chkdsk /r command equivalent in Win 7, http://www.webtlk.com/2010/02/25/how-to-fi...d-in-windows-7/.If that fails, it's probably the file system or hard drive, IMO.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/347653/booting-issuescrash-dump-with-windows-7/
Relevancy 61.49%

I want to install Windows 7 on an HP Pavillion Desktop which happens to have a
Sata Harddisk with an IDE DVDRW.
I set the boot Priority to the DVDRW then the Harddisk and placed the Windows disk on the dvd drive to boot from it.
But it is not booting from the CD as booting still goes to the Harddisk.
My understanding is that SATA takes First Priority.
Well in such a scenario what does one do in order to install Windows?
Please note both drives are detected in the BIOS

Thank you all for your advise

A:Solved: New Windows Installation Booting Issues

SATA doesn't take priority, I've installed Windows 7 numerous times from PATA/IDE drives with a SATA drive.

Are you sure the DVD drive works? Can it read a DVD properly? Also you mention CD, but Windows 7 comes on a DVD.

Also since this is an HP you can press ESC, F10, or F12 and choose a one time boot device rather than changing BIOS boot order.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-windows-installation-booting-issues.1015490/
Relevancy 61.49%

So backstory time I built a desktop and threw in my laptop HDD and installed the proper drivers and everything was perfect Then I decided I should probs get rid of my Music partition and instead integrate it into my main Windows one not even sure why I made a separate partition So I went into another Windows install on a separate HDD and copied over my music to transfer back to my HDD since I don't have enough space on it Then here's what seems to have messed it up I deleted the Music partion which removing partition issues booting after 8.1 Windows was to the Windows 8.1 booting issues after removing partition left of Windows and extended the laptop Windows HDD inside a different Windows drive Now when I try and boot with either System Reserved or Windows as active it takes - minutes on quot Preparing Windows quot after I sign in it just boots to black desktop with a mouse ctrl alt delete pops up right but task manager doesn't open ctrl L also locks the PC It has the same results with Safe Mode with Networking enabled ScanOS shows no Windows OSes I have no restore points made so I gotta figure out what to do I have Pro that I will upgrade to as Windows 8.1 booting issues after removing partition soon as Windows works Windows 8.1 booting issues after removing partition again as the OEM code from the laptop doesn't work on the desktop Honestly if you can tell me a way to keep my programs and Appdata working fine on a fresh Pro install it'll work perfectly

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/64705-windows-8-1-booting-issues-after-removing-partition.html