Windows Support Forum

Driver problems after changing motherboard without reinstalling window

Q: Driver problems after changing motherboard without reinstalling window

Hi guys After quot successfully quot booting into windows after changing motherboard whitout reinstalling windows I have some issues that I think mostly is driver related Everything in desktop look the same windows seem very stable and many programs seem to work but I have a hard time installing new drivers and gettiing online Serious problems Installing new drivers often fail Windows automatic quot Installing device drivers software quot routine have runned for - hours now and all drivers have quot failed quot Updating drivers in device manager just hang forever Minor issues When shutting down restart it hang on quot shutting down quot after leaving desktopc for a long time In the end it BSOD each time with this message driver power state failure When booting right before reaching login screen I get black screen where I only can see a mouse pointer and I also loose power connection with mouse and keyboard A workaround atm is to turn of pc disconnect power cable and all Usb plugs and then start again then I reach login screen Failed to initialize Driver without motherboard changing problems reinstalling window after display driver wrapper Driver problems after changing motherboard without reinstalling window guess I need to reinstall graphic drivers I think all this is somehow related to drivers and Im not sure where to start I have a image of the system so I can test things and if it fail I can go back The most important I think is install new motherboard drivers and get online but since I still have many drivers left from my previous motherboard I have no idea what to do or what order to do it Am I missing something to install new drivers Should I run a reg cleaner should I nuke all old drivers should I try to install new drivers on top of old ones or what Would love any help on this so I can get my windows up and running again Cheers Some information Windows bit Old motherboard Asus P P Deluxe New motherboard Gigabyte Z Gaming G What I did before I changed motherboard In device manger Hard disk controller set to generic Uninstalled Nvidia Relatek sound devices USB set to generic Stopped some programs from running on startup Adobe process lasso yadis ditto riva tuner precisionX Drivers I have tried installing I managed to install intel ethernet controller USB and Intel management engine software but I still could not get online and did not notice and changes Driver that failed to install after removing some old drivers Sound blaster Bigfoot network killer Intel storage

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Driver problems after changing motherboard without reinstalling window

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Driver problems after changing motherboard without reinstalling window

Do a Repair Install, that should revolve the problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/355391-driver-problems-after-changing-motherboard-without-reinstalling-window.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello. I had to take my computer into the shop because of hardware problems. The motherboard was replaced.

I have two questions:
Since my motherboard is the same kind will my CD key still work?

The shop said I will have to reinstall the operating system because of the motherboard change. If I reinstall will my vista files in the windows.old file still be present?

A:Reinstalling after changing motherboard

Welcome!

Yes, your key should still work.

I wouldn't think Windows would need to be reinstalled, but what Vista files are you referring to?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/54824-reinstalling-after-changing-motherboard.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Edit Hello again everyone I have another question and I thought it would be better to ask in the same thread My Windows install works fine with zero stability issues ever since moving to my new motherboard via Paragon though I have a question regarding my boot Windows drive My HDD was motherboard Changing Wndows Pro reinstalling without 7 set to IDE mode rather than AHCI Changing motherboard without reinstalling Wndows 7 Pro First thing I did after installing the new motherboard was go into the BIOS and ensure that the boot Windows HDD was set to IDE as I read that changing it to AHCI would prevent Windows from booting Though considering that I used Paragon would switching from IDE to AHCI still cause an issue Original post Hello I am thinking of upgrading my old AMD to a newer Intel i K or i K setup Obviously this will require a new motherboard and RAM in addition to the CPU However I would like to keep my current Windows Pro bit install I have a lot of programs and games with mods set up in particular ways that are hard if not impossible in some instances to reconfigure in the same way And my Windows install is in good shape from power on to Firefox so I don't feel a need to wipe my HDD I am wondering if I can change my motherboard without having to reinstall Windows Pro bit and what the process is First my current specs ASUS M N Pro M N PRO - Motherboards - ASUS Windows Pro bit with latest updates AMD GB GDDR GTX WD Black TB boot drive Seagate GB backup data drive unplugged most of the time ASUS DVD burner Antec Earthwatts Green What I am looking at upgrading to MSI Z MA-G MSI Global Motherboard - Z MA-G With an i K and DDR RAM of whatever quality brand is on sale Or MSI Z -G MSI USA Motherboard - Z -G With an i K and DDR RAM of whatever quality brand is on sale This is a big change going from AMD to Intel and ASUS to MSI So can this hardware change be done without reinstalling Windows Pro bit If so can someone detail the steps must I take Note I do have a data HDD which I use for data backups so I do have a backup of all my files I also realize a motherboard switch requires Windows to be reactivated Thanks for your help

A:Changing motherboard without reinstalling Wndows 7 Pro

You can try starting Win7 up on the new hardware, but it might not start. The easiest thing to do then is to Make Windows 7 bootable after motherboard swap - Windows 7 Help Forums.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/306408-changing-motherboard-without-reinstalling-wndows-7-pro.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hey guys,

Apologize in advance if this has been covered numerous times but i can't seem to find the right keywords to research in google and this forum.

Anyways, I currently have a Q6600, Gigabyte P35 motherboard, 4GB DDR2 800 ram, and 2 x 320GB in raid 0 using the ICH9R chipset. The OS is Win 7 Pro x64. Ive just recently bought a Q9550, Asus PQ5 Deluxe (x48), 4GB DDR2 1066 ram.

Is there a way to just plug in my hard drives into the new rig without installing a fresh copy of Windows? To complicate things, will the RAID config i have be a problem or the ICH10R chipset on the new motherboard be a smooth transistion and retain the RAID array?

Thanks in advance

Note: Not sure if this is in the right section, please advise if not.

A:Changing motherboard without reinstalling Win7x64 + RAID0

Hello rorii, welcome to Seven Forums!

Start by having a look at this tutorial at the link below though you may be asking for serious issues with the RAID as Windows 7 and RAID are not exactly the best of friends to start with.

Windows 7 Installation - Transfer to a New Computer

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/178270-changing-motherboard-without-reinstalling-win7x64-raid0.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I am planning to buy window 8 pro 32 bit.
But before i buy i need to know if my system support window 8 and drivers for window 8 are available.

My motherboard is
ASUS M2N68AM Plus MotherboardASUS - Motherboards- ASUS M2N68-AM PLUS

On the website , there are drivers available for window 7.

Do those drivers will work for window 8 also , or i need drivers for window 8 .
If yes , from where i can get the drivers for window 8 .

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

A:ASUS M2N68AM Plus Motherboard driver for window 8 32 bit

Windows 8 comes with its own drivers, on the odd occasion some drivers are incompatible
then you could use windows 7 drivers from manufacturer which should work just fine…

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/17677-asus-m2n68am-plus-motherboard-driver-window-8-32-bit.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Ok so I have the video card NVIDIA GeForce Ti I Reinstalling Problems... Driver went to Windows Update one night to get some updates I downloaded updates One Reinstalling Driver Problems... of those updates happened to be for my video card After installation finished for the other updates it said that it could not install the updates for GeForce After I restarted my computer's graphics go really bad I am pretty sure resolution was below X and the bit rate was set to Lowest you it's normally set at best I am trying to reinstall the drivers but Windows won't let me reinstall them I tried doing it from quot New Hardware quot dialog box but I keep getting quot Cannot Install this Hardware There was a problem installing this hardware NVIDIA GeForce Ti An error occurred during the installation of the device Access Denied From that dialog box if I don't have it check Windows Update it acts like the software isn't on my pc I have the installer on my desktop I tried instlaling it from Windows Update but the install keeps failing I have the actual driver install on my computer I treid using that but it won't modify my computer or it doesn't see that my computer's dreivers for GeForce have been removed I removed them during the time my computer's graphics were really bad Does anyone know any solutions to this problem I've tried all I've can Thank you in advance

A:Reinstalling Driver Problems...

I am sorry, the amount of updates I installed were FOUR: Update for Windows XP (KB896344), Update for Windows XP (KB928388), Nvidia Corporation - Video - NVIDIA GeForce3 Ti 200, and Saitek - Input Devices - Saitek Cyborg Force Rumble Pad (video game controller). The error code that Windows Update gives me is Error Code: 0x80070005

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/reinstalling-driver-problems-133968.html
Relevancy 61.06%

someone give me there old xp laptop when they got a new one.It was'nt working so i decided to reinstall xp.(my first time!!!) It all went well but now i'm having problems getting on the net to install the drivers.I using a lead from my moden into the back of the laptop but still cant connect.Any ideas what i'm doing wrong??Also I was wondering if I cant connect to the net can I download the drivers onto a usb stick from the dell website using another computer?? its a bell inspirion 5160 Also how many drivers do I have to install? Is it all the ones on the dell website for this model Thanks so much for the help

A:First time reinstalling windows driver problems

Hi

chances are you havent got the network card drives loaded, go into device manager and see what has a yellow mark next to it.

then use another PC to download the missing drivers onto a USB stick and then copy them to the laptop.

as for how many just the ones you need, such as sound video, network and the chipset drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-reinstalling-windows-driver-problems.147520/
Relevancy 61.06%

I finally found the disk. But when I go to set up, I get this message:

Setup was unable to complete the installation.Try to set up you display adaptor with a standar VGA driver before running setup.

The questions are, how do I do this, and do I need to? Or what else could I do to get that driver loaded?

Shane

A:Problems reinstalling my Radeon 9200 driver

First download Driver cleaner from HERE. Go to your add remove programmes, and uninstall any ATI entries. Read the instructions, then run the cab cleaner first, followed by driver cleaner. Now reboot your system.

After you have finished, go HERE and download and install the latest drivers for your card.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-reinstalling-my-radeon-9200-driver.26346/
Relevancy 56.76%

I recently bought several new system components from newegg possible driver motherboard problems com and I am having some problems that I was thinking might be related to the motherboard drivers The motherboard I purchased was an Asus K V SE possible motherboard driver problems Deluxe however I bought it refurbished thinking that I would be able to figure out any problems that arose as a result This means that it didn t come with any of the original things that were packed with it I just got the motherboard The manual wasn t too hard to find online but the driver cd that should have come with it is where I think the problem might arise I was able to install windows xp professional without any problems however I haven t installed any motherboard specific drivers Apparently it s running on whatever default drivers windows possible motherboard driver problems xp installed on it Everything is working great except when I attempt to run graphics intensive games such as the Battlefield demo or Half-Life Everthing runs fine for a few minutes and then I will get a crazy high pitched static noise from the speakers and the computer will hardlock My question is could this problem come from the fact that I haven t installed any specific drivers for my motherboard The only things I m using on the motherboard at the moment is the primary and secondary ide slots PCI slots and the AGP slot I have the most recent drivers for my video and sound card I m running ASUS K V SE DELUXE K T POWER SUPPLY CMAX WCX- B BK RT VGA ASUS N GT TD CPU AMD ATHLON SB Audigy with sticks of PC Centon ram Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:possible motherboard driver problems

Have you tried the ASUS website to get the mobo drivers?

I'd check for heat related problems. From what you describe, it sounds like the static noise is the CPU heat threshold alarm. What is it set for in the BIOS settings?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/possible-motherboard-driver-problems.27035/
Relevancy 56.33%

So I have a computer that i built about a year ago Everything was working fine then i rearannged some of the usb ports and cables and for some reason my printer stopped working Also some of the other usb ports just stop working also I have a wireless mouse and keyboard that works sometimes and not others Some devices i plug in work like my camera and ipod others dont like my head set Also sometimes something that worked previously will not work now One thing you should know is that one of the usb ports where damaged on the front panel of the case so i figured the motherboard may be getting a bad signal from it and that was causeing 7 Problems Driver USB Window the problems I disconnected the front ports and still have the errors Also i went as far as installing the mobo into another case and still had the same driver problems I have tried using system restore and a bunch of other things all with no luck Any suggestions would be very helpful thank you so much I am running Window 7 USB Driver Problems Window Ultimate bit I have listed the compontents of the computer below and the printer is a Brother MFC- C G SKILL GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM Window 7 USB Driver Problems DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBPQ Seagate Barracuda ST AS GB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive LITE-ON Window 7 USB Driver Problems X DVD R DVD Burner Black IDE Model DH- A P- - OEM APEVIA X-QPACK-NW-BK Black Aluminum w ABS plastic front panel MicroATX Desktop Computer Case W Power Supply GIGABYTE GA-G M-S L LGA Intel G Micro ATX Intel Motherboard Intel Core Duo E Wolfdale GHz LGA W Dual-Core Processor BX E nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/window-7-usb-driver-problems.962370/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello I am working on a project The computer I m using has two hard driver problems Hard and drive motherboard drives that I Hard drive and motherboard driver problems can access but im booting from the system s main Hard drive and motherboard driver problems which is drive C The other drive is J and it comes from a fried computer Miraculously all the Hard drive and motherboard driver problems data from this hard drive is still intact and I want to put it to work I would like to use it as a backup drive in case drive C fails I can boot to drive J and repair it from there without losing any data So here s the problem I can access drive J perfectly fine but It still has the old motherboard drivers from the fried computer It also has Windows XP as well as all the other system drivers What I d like to do is uninstall the old motherboard drivers and install the new ones This way I can boot from Drive J The problem is I cannot find where I would go to uninstall the old drivers I have the new drivers and I d like to know how I would proceed installing the new drivers Thanks for all your help guys My motherboard is a MicroStar MS My old motherboard is a Intel GV Thank you sw nbsp

A:Hard drive and motherboard driver problems

'The other drive is J:\, and it comes from a fried computer.'

That copy of Windows software is NOT licensed for use in your existing computer thus NO HELP!

Sorry.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-and-motherboard-driver-problems.111377/
Relevancy 55.47%

I upgraded my T from to nbsp windows After this I have the following serious set of issues nbsp nbsp The mouse pad is bouncing very often - despite settngs unchanged since nbsp nbsp W or if I change the sensistivityThe Mouse suddenly disappears or become unresponsive for a secs then it returnsThe Always on USB port is not active regardless that it is specifically turned on window... Multiple to problems driver upgrading after in settingsHorisontal scrolling in Excel does not work this si an old problem that was fixed in the but has recturned in W The Microphone is unsuable low I have tried all the various tricks and tips in the net to no avail The battery lifetime seems greatly reducedWhen closing the lid the system most of the times does not go to sleep when I open and close the lid a second time it goes to sleep Could somebody please let me know what is going on I like W but this I cannot live with

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Multiple-driver-problems-after-upgrading-to-windows-10-in-T430/td-p/3449711
Relevancy 55.47%

hi supporter,
My laptop is DELL LATITUDE E6530. I am using window 10 x64, and I have updated wifi + bluetooth drivers. It was unsucessful. Please help me to solve this. I also attached update - log file.
Thanks much.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19986636
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi there guys I need to konw the opinions of you I Have the ASUS M N-E SLI Motherboard wich has a NVIDIA chipset I just made a upgrade to a ATI Radeon and I noticed that every thing goes quot well quot until I install the ATI Driver After I install when in Chipset!!! a ATI Problems with MotherBoard installing 4850 driver NVIDIA de driver the PC starts to crash not a blue screen just freezes after some minutes of use I am Problems when installing ATI 4850 driver in a MotherBoard with NVIDIA Chipset!!! sure that is when I install the ATI driver because I just removed it the driver only catalyst still installed and I am using the PC with quot no problems quot I heard that was not possible to use the as principal grafic and de old Nvidia GT for physx but I did not know that a conflict would appear just because the onboard LAN is NVIDIA driver Please help me I need opinions I thought about these possible solutions - Disable the onboard LAN and remove its driver install ATI driver and see if the problem stops - Install MS Windows XP and see if the problem stops since I heard that the XP does not have problems with using nvidia and ati drivers at the same time What you guys think about it Thank you very much allready

A:Problems when installing ATI 4850 driver in a MotherBoard with NVIDIA Chipset!!!

I would hope you uninstalled the driver the 8500GT before installing the 4850. I doubt that it is the LAN driver that is causing the problem. If it helps any I am using a Nvidia based motherboard (NF4) with an ATI x1950 Pro and have never had a problem like the one you are describing (that and my motherboard uses the same drivers yours does).

As far as using both, not going to happen in Vista. You want to use more than one card, they all have to use the same driver, no trying to mix and match ATI with Nvidia.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/187809-problems-when-installing-ati-4850-driver-motherboard-nvidia-chipset.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi guys>
I have Win XP home ed. and I'm thinking in migrating to WXP Prof. Ed.
I'll like to know which steps to make in order to safely keep backup of my data and which steps you advise me to take first.
TIA./

Relevancy 52.89%

My old hard drive is failing bad). Takes 2-3 minutes from boot up before I can even open internet explorer or any app and the app icons are all white squares until then. Can?t play Battlefield 4 without freezing and hearing beep beep in the background as if Windows has just had a new drive plugged in. Ordered a new HD and coming tomorrow.

So if I replace my C failing drive(I assume its that one which has my OS on it thats failing) and reinstall W7 and not my D Drive(Seperate HD) which has my steam and origin games on it, will the steam and origin games still work or do I have to reinstall those too?

A:Changing Hard Drive and Reinstalling W7?

Steam may have some issues when it begins to look for the game files themselves.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/changing-hard-drive-and-reinstalling-w7-751257.html
Relevancy 52.03%

i am getting a new mobo and CPU, i have a lot of data on my computer that i do not have the ability to backup (other hard drive is only 300gb and i have about 600gig of video/pics etc etc on my main drive)

I am wondering if i can put in my new hardware, then do an install over the top of this one so that it puts all my stuff in a windows old folder, i think thats what happens when you install over the old one right? Im not sure if that would work the same way as a frsh install after a format.

forgive my noobishness, i know i really need a fresh install with a new motherboard but i really dont want to lose all my stuff D:

A:reinstalling with new motherboard

backup, backup, backup, backup, backup, backup first.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/63716-reinstalling-new-motherboard.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I am trying to reinstall Window XP on my Darius pc. I turned on the tower and inserted the cd into the CD/ROM. The screen of the the monitor becomes black with a message "press a key to reboot" and it just stays this way. I was told that my setting for the bios setup should be boot from cd. I did this, however, the message does not say "press a key to reboot from cd.

Could someone please help me with this problem?

Much appreciated!

A:Reinstalling Window XP

Starjade, you should be able to hit a certain combination of keys, depending on your computer, of shift + tab or esc or control + delete or F8 or one of those and it will tell you on your screen VERY QUICKLY as you are rebooting to either get to the boot sequence or the CMOS settings. Once you get to the boot sequence you can set it to the correct one and go on. Or if you get to the CMOS settings, change it to the correct one and then go on. Liz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reinstalling-window-xp.291004/
Relevancy 51.6%

I'm a newb so please be patient with me,

Just the other day when i cut on my computer it wouldnt boot so i tried to restore it to a earlier time but it wouldnt work so i tried to restore to factory setting and it wouldnt do that either now i get a message telling me to restart installation cause windows couldnt be completed can someone please help. I have a ACER ASPIRE computer which windows was pre-installed and i have no disc. The disc i created dont work i put it n anotha computer and it said it was blank... go figure rite

A:Need Help with Reinstalling Window 7

What didn't work when you tried to do a System Restore? Did the System Restore actually start? What exactly happened.
What didn't work when you tried to restore to factory? Did the restore to factory actually start? What exactly happened.

What is the model number of your ACER Aspire?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/263312-need-help-reinstalling-window-7-a.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I had to reinstall W7 Pro X64 on my home PC to cure problems with sleep/hibernation.

After reinstalling, I found a single user account had been created named "DELL".

All my previous software (now stored in Windows.Old) referred to user name "Brian". So I changed the name of the DELL account to "Brian". But I then found that although the user folders are sometimes shown as "Brian", at others they are shown as "DELL".

How do I make the change of account name effective for all the relevant user folders? There is no facility to rename C:\Users\DELL; is there some other way?

A:After reinstalling Windows 7, problem with changing (single) user name

Quote: Originally Posted by hershmab

I had to reinstall W7 Pro X64 on my home PC to cure problems with sleep/hibernation.

After reinstalling, I found a single user account had been created named "DELL".

All my previous software (now stored in Windows.Old) referred to user name "Brian". So I changed the name of the DELL account to "Brian". But I then found that although the user folders are sometimes shown as "Brian", at others they are shown as "DELL".

How do I make the change of account name effective for all the relevant user folders? There is no facility to rename C:\Users\DELL; is there some other way?

Welcome Hershmab to the windows 7 forums.

The best advice I can give you is to create a userid for Brian making sure that it has the same security level as you used to have. Then log off dell and log on to brian and copy all the files to your new userid and then you can remove the Dell userid after your satisfied that everything is there.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/188460-after-reinstalling-windows-7-problem-changing-single-user-name.html
Relevancy 51.6%

i have a hp m7060n and I recently tried installing a new motherboard, but the memory didnt fit. But thats not important. anyways, i put the old mobo back in. when i start up the comp, the hp logo comes up fine. then after about 5 seconds, the fan gets really loud and fast, and the comp crashes. any suggestions so i wont have to goto best buy (which i really dont want to do)?

A:After reinstalling motherboard, a problem

Suggests that the heatsink is not correctly in place on the CPU, its overheating (only takes a few seconds to overheat).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-reinstalling-motherboard-a-problem.435867/
Relevancy 51.6%

I can start up my computer and everything works fine detecting hardware and etc. I can enter the BIOS. But whenever I reach the XP loading screen, it beeps once and then a restart occurs. Suggestions?

Relevancy 51.6%

I am replacing my mobo shortly. I am running W7 and XP dual boot, I am using the same cpu, graphics card ram, drives etc. I don't want to reinstall at the moment, how do I go about getting it all to work correctly?

TIA
PAUL

A:Fitting new motherboard and I could do without reinstalling

Backup everything first. I can't stress how important that is.

Do not format your hard drive.

Install the new motherboard then carry out a Repair Install.

Repair Install

However, I have to say that if it were me I'd go for a clean install.

Is your operating system OEM or retail? If OEM it's tied to your current motherboard.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/227641-fitting-new-motherboard-i-could-do-without-reinstalling.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I've just bought a new motherboard and hooked it all up but it can't boot and restarts everytime I turn it on. How can I get my PC to work without having to reinstall Windows?

A:Upgrade motherboard without reinstalling OS help?

will it boot into safe mode?

asking windows to be transfered from one system to another is A LOT to ask, especially if you have an system builder copy which will only work on the original hardware it was installed on.

if you can boot into safe mode, a long shot would be running driver sweep and removing all of your previous systems drivers. But its a long shot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/199567-upgrade-motherboard-without-reinstalling-os-help.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I want to upgrade my MB on a Windows system However I do not want to reinstall Windows or any of my apps I simply want to plug in my HDDs and boot into Windows as before The existing board is an Asus P B Deluxe The new MB is an Asus P Z Deluxe I have two SATA HDDs installed One of these drives contains the OS Without Reinstalling Upgrading OS Motherboard as well as three other data partitions yeah I know bad idea The IDE ATA ATAPI controllers in device manager are set to the following Intel R ICH port Serial ATA Storage Controller Intel R ICH port Serial ATA Storage Controller I m guessing that if I simply reinstall the HDDs on the new MB the system will not boot because it won t recognize the drives So I was Upgrading Motherboard Without Reinstalling OS wondering if I could change the storage controller setting to Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller in Device Manager prior to installing the new MB and just before old system shutdown That way when the new board is installed prior to the next startup the system will hopefully recognize the HDDs and boot into Windows

A:Upgrading Motherboard Without Reinstalling OS

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Create a system image of your hard drives first. I would assume you'll need a separate image for each hard drive.

Make sure you have all the drivers (LAN, graphics, chipset etc) for your new motherboard then fit it.

Do remember that you need a qualifying EULA for your motherboard. If your current Windows OS is an OEM version it will be tied to the old motherboard.

When you restart your computer, Windows may chunter a bit, but it should eventually get going, although you may need to carry out a repair install to get your system up and running. However, that shouldn't affect applications etc., although if all your important stuff is backed up first you can get yourself out of trouble.

When you're all done, you'll need to re-activate Windows.

I hope I've given you good advice. If I haven't, our more knowledgeable helpers will put things right.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/193584-upgrading-motherboard-without-reinstalling-os.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi All,

I am working on this problem for a month now and still not getting there.

Some background.
My PC was three years old and getting slower by the day. So I decided to reinstall Win 7. After reinstalling I could not connect it to my HDMI TV. No sound and no music. I called the helpdesk and they said I should reinstall the mother board. I did that and still the display screen shows that only one screen is available (see attachment).

Please help. Thanks,
Naveen

A:Cannot connect to TV after reinstalling W7 and motherboard

Naveen what is in your Device Manager?? see my pic

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/334661-cannot-connect-tv-after-reinstalling-w7-motherboard.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I'm currently running a P-III 933MHz with Windows XP and would like to upgrade my cpu and motherboard to something more current. I'm wondering if it's possible to simply swap out the old cpu and mobo without wiping the hard drive and doing a clean install of the OS. Would my computer even run if I were to just change the hardware, or am I just being lazy? The thought of re-installing all my software and drivers is enough to make me want to buy a whole new system instead of going through the hassle.

Thanks!

A:Upgrading my CPU and Motherboard without reinstalling the OS etc.

If you had windows 98 or lower installed you might get away with that but XP won't let you, it will blue screen before booting.

So if you want to upgrade the motherboard and CPU you are stuck reinstalling the OS unless you have erd commander.

You could upgrade the cpu to the fastest 1.4ghz pIII possibly without having to reinstall though if your mobo supports.

Cheers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-my-cpu-and-motherboard-without-reinstalling-the-os-etc.123492/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi everyone,

I freely upgraded to window 10 from window 8.1. I updated and running latest build of Window 10 and on activation page it say window is activated with digital entitlement . I had only one partition window C wheer window was installed and i created another partition F where i did put all my personal files. I want to clean drive C of PC where window and all applications are installed. Is there any programme to backup some applications i.e microsoft office and to remove all stuffs in drive C other than window 10. If not how to re-install window 10? If i use reset PC option in recovery then would i need any bootbale USB with window 10 on it? would it ask for any key to activate? I just want to reset C drive of PC with only activated window 10? Would be great if some expert guide me..thanks

A:Reinstalling Window 10 to clean PC

If you select the custom install option during the install you can use disk tolls to delete any and all the partitions you want to. Then partition the drive or just leave it blank. If you install to the unallocated space Windows will create the partitions it needs automatically. You'll have to reinstall and programs like Office etc. And you'll want to save any files you don't want to lose to external media. If you have all your user files on a separate partition, just leave the partition alone and don't delete it.
Windows 10 ISO Download
USB Flash Drive - Create to Install Windows 10
Windows 10 - Clean Install

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/34358-reinstalling-window-10-clean-pc.html
Relevancy 51.17%

hmm recently my computer has problems saying that i have corrupted window files and forcing me to close explore and just restarts the comp itself. This all happened after i brought the computer home from school and plugged it in to a LCD monitor. i dont think that the monitor can trigger the problem but if anyone knows of anythign please tell me =). So i decided to reformat my harddrive. i did so and now i am trying to install window xp, i am having aLOT of problems. its saying that i dont have some files and wont let me load it during set up. Another problem that occured is that it gives me the blue screen that says "an error has accurred...turning off to prevent damage to system" or just the blue screen of death as many calls it. I dont know what is wrong with it. anyone help? thanks

A:Reinstalling window Xp and HELL AFTER

Those errors during the installation are often memory or hard drive errors . . Did you boot from the XP install disc and delete partitions . .

These are good guides to reinstalling XP . . you might want to print one for reference during the install.

http://www.socrtwo.info/cleanxpinstall.htm
http://www.theeldergeek.com/xp_home_install_-_graphic.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reinstalling-window-xp-and-hell-after.343629/
Relevancy 51.17%

i want to reinstal the window from recovery derive in my sony laptop. can i do this without losing data from derive other than c. if yes then how? plz sumeone help me as soon as possible

A:reinstalling window from recovery

Quote:
If you still have the Sony Vaio Recovery discs that shipped with the computer, you can ease the process by inserting these discs and following the instructions.

Back up any files that you may want to keep before the restore. Once the restore begins, any files not backed up will be lost forever.
Do not allow your computer to run out of battery power or otherwise shut down during the restoration process. This can do serious damage to your computer.

Read more: How to Restore My Sony Vaio to Factory Default Settings | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_5511280_rest...#ixzz2Gs8HKUhx

If this doesn't work for yours, consult the Support webpage for your model Sony.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/271961-reinstalling-window-recovery.html
Relevancy 51.17%

hello everyone.i bought a dell xps 15 about 2yrs ago. recently the internal hard drive died so i replaced it with a toshiba hard drive.but i cannot reinstall genuine windows 8.it shows error 0x4001100200001005. is there any way to solve this issue? 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19676094
Relevancy 51.17%

I've been in need of a motherboard and CPU upgrade for some time now but one of the things that's without Upgrading motherboard Windows CPU and reinstalling kept me from actually doing it Aside from money of course is the fact that I realize it's usually a good idea to reinstall Windows when doing major hardware upgrades especially those involving the motherboard I've built quite a few computers from scratch but this will be one Upgrading motherboard and CPU without reinstalling Windows of the first times I've replaced a modern motherboard in a working system At the moment I don't really have the time to go through reinstalling Windows and getting everything back to normal with work and such so I was just looking for some tips from others to avoid any complications this might bring forth I'm assuming uninstalling motherboard and chipset drivers beforehand is a given but is there anything else I should do before installing the new hardware I don't have anything specific chosen at the moment but I'll definitely be installing a newer Intel processor on either the or socket with either an ASUS or MSI motherboard - my current system specifications can be found in my signature A big thanks in advance to everyone MSI B MA-P MotherboardIntel Core i - GHz GB DDR MHz RAMEVGA Upgrading motherboard and CPU without reinstalling Windows GeForce GTX GBSamsung EVO GB SSD Windows Ultimate Toshiba TB HDD

A:Upgrading motherboard and CPU without reinstalling Windows

If it was an OEM install of Windows then there is no way you would be able to use it on another motherboard at all. Since it is an install of Ultimate, IF it was an install from a Retail Boxed Edition (NOT an upgrade from an OEM version) then you Might be able to use it IF you do a clean install (others will be by and give more details on this) if I remember correctly. I doubt that you will be able to do it without a fresh install (though there may be some suggestions and tutorials out there) and would strongly recommend a clean install.Other things to consider:Does your power supply have the 8pin CPU connector that most newer motherboards now require or the older 4 pin connector?Your new motherboard will either require DDR4 memory or if it is a DDR3 system, still be held back with your 1333MHz RAM (1600MHz min, 1866MHz or higher preferred).You did not mention power supply brand and model but based on your GPU I assume it should be decent. Post info to be sure.Your case's front USB ports will be USB2.0 and I assume you will want at least one USB3.0 or 3.1 port so you will either need a new case or a new add on front panel.I have found that it is nearly always better to build new from scratch rather than patch together one from left overs, especially if it is made through poor compromises like choosing a motherboard that can use some older components like memory rather than choosing components for the balance between features and price. Another point is that you can have your current machine running until you have all set including your files, program, preferences, emails, etc. all set, then switch over your graphics card, update the driver, and you are done. Then you may be able to wipe the drive, reinstall, remove the storage HD if needed, and sell it (unless you have need for a back up machine or for family).Your choice of course.You have to be a little bit crazy to keep you from going insane.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/upgrading-motherboard-and-cpu-without-reinstalling-windows/19640.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a VGC-RA810G Sony Vaio with Windows XP Media Center Edition.

Recently the motherboard died, so I decided to replace it with something newer. I want to replace the Case, PSU, Motherboard, CPU, and ram, but keep the hard drive. I've never done this before so I'm a bit clueless about certain things.

1. Would replacing the motherboard require a windows reinstall on the hard drive, and do I have to wipe the disk to do so? I'm assuming yes and no respectively but I want to be sure.

2. What options would I have for reinstalling when the system came with no Windows XP MCE install disks? Am I out of luck? If so, what options do I have?

Thanks for any help.

Relevancy 51.17%

I have had a motherboard blow on one of XP change to reinstalling motherboard a without Any utilities allow our business systems I have changed it out with another totally different model and as a result have had to install a different graphics card non-integrated to integrated both had intel chipsets totally different ones Are there any freeware utilities or methods to change out the chipset and graphics drivers under windows XP to more generic ones so I don t have to go through hours of reinstallations along with all the required re-verfication of the software that results after a fresh install Some of the companies I had software through are bankrupt so I am uncertain how that will work anyway Obviously I can t just boot up system reboots right after the AGP driver is loaded safe mode and VGA modes don t work I have seen some mention of utilites for this purpose but would Any utilities to allow a motherboard change without reinstalling XP really like to know if there are any low cost or freeware solutions to change out the boot list in windows XP Thank You Ryan nbsp

A:Any utilities to allow a motherboard change without reinstalling XP

Don't know of any utilities, but you should be able to do a repair install of Windows. This shouldn't affect any installed programs or data, but always a good idea to have it all backed up just in case.

Replace Motherboard on a Windows XP System

HTH

Jerry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/any-utilities-to-allow-a-motherboard-change-without-reinstalling-xp.823439/
Relevancy 50.74%

I am using windows 8.1. It was ok till some day before. Now when I click the windows' app button, it shows "This app can't open. Contact your system administrator about repairing or reinstalling it." So what should I do now? Any suggestion. I tried troubleshooter but it does not work and my store app is not working too (even though it does show that sign).

A:Window's 8.1 apps ask for repairing and reinstalling

Hey mate, try the troubleshooter here (read it thoroughly, even though you said you did already): Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter - Fix Apps in Windows 8

No luck? Try this on: Apps and Tiles Not Working or Responding: Fix in Windows 8

Courtesy of Shawn Brink

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/43657-windows-8-1-apps-ask-repairing-reinstalling.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I am trying to reinstall xp sp Home edition on my older desk top computer as I wanted to upgrade the capacity of hard disk to GB and to eliminate various PC problems My old disk was only GB capacity Here are the specifications for my desk top Desktop is Mesh for which there is no support in the UK it ceased existing a long time ago in UK Mother Board Asus P R -VM Processor unit Intel Pentium chip IXP My old HD which I am replacing is PM - Maxtor Y PO GB capacity My new HD is Quickview Maxtor L PO GB capacity The installation reaches to the stage when it has to write the system files on to the hard disk and it fails The system BIOS recognises P4R800-VM Controller for Driver XP Re-installation Storage motherboard Mass Asus for motherboard the new disk as it is showing it as L PO in the BIOS I have gone through lots of forums and realise that mass storage device driver is not compatible with the new drive or is missing I have even tried to reinstall the system on to the old hard disk to see what happens but it still fails at the same place I do not have manufacturers disk of drivers for my desk top as it came only with recovery disk and no drivers disk I have found all the drivers chip set vga etc from Asus site but do Mass Storage Controller Driver for Asus motherboard P4R800-VM motherboard for XP Re-installation not know which driver is for mass storage Device there Or should it be from Intel site If so what the name would be Please help to get correct mass storage device driver on a floppy disk as I can only insert the driver in the installation process at RAID drivers insertion point I cannot clon old HD either as the drive is already formatted I was trying to reinstall the system first onto the old drive to correct the errors When that did not work I bought Quickview maxtor drive with higher capacity But still I cannot reinstall on the new drive I have an original XP SP Cd from another PC and I downloaded the installation programme on floppy disks from Microsoft site But even this combination does not install the system In this way the system tells me in the middle of the installation that the system cannot copy the file plugin ocx obviously this particular file is not available on the xp sp CD I have I don t know how to obtain it and from where In the end the system cann not copy the files on the hard drive and fails Sorry for the long post as I wanted to explain where I am at the moment in ths process Would be grateful for any advice in this matter nbsp

A:Mass Storage Controller Driver for Asus motherboard P4R800-VM motherboard for XP Re-installation

Almost a word for word copy & paste from THIS forum post made in 2014
@muckshifter the bus inspector should be along soon

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/mass-storage-controller-driver-for-asus-motherboard-p4r800-vm-motherboard-for-xp-re-installation.4069314/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey there,

I was wondering if you could help me.

I am going to be in the process of upgrading my motherboard as well as my CPU and GPU, However I've only just seen that you need to reinstall Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. Is there an option to not have to clean install? There's a lot of settings and programs that I don't want to have to reset and reinstall.

Below are the specifications of my upgrade.

Motherboard: Asus Rampage II Extreme ---> Asus X99 Deluxe

CPU: i7 920 ---> i7 5820k

GPU: Gainward GTX260 Golden Sample ---> MSI GTX970 100ME

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks folks.

A:Upgrading Motherboard - Want To Avoid Reinstalling Windows 7

Not exactly sure if this still works - Make Windows 7 bootable after motherboard swap

Backup your data just in case.

GPU no problem, but CPU/mobo combo (CPU alone may be ok) normally mean a clean install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/371690-upgrading-motherboard-want-avoid-reinstalling-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I keep getting BSODS I've reinstalled windows several times, used the windows memory diagnostic tool and chkdsk, but no errors.

I've even switched motherboards(because I sometimes lost signal to monitor+usb devices, sometimes got RAM errors while using windows memory diagnostic and even disk read errors allthough chkdsk says everything is fine s:..) to fix the bsods.. but now, after a week with the new mobo I get BSODs again..

Specs are
Win7 Ultimate x64 Retail
AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE @ 3,4GHz
EVGA GTX 570 SCE
10 GB of Ram(2x2GB @ 1333mhz, 1x 4GB @ 1333mhz, 1x 2GB @ 1666mhz)
MSI 870-C45

A:BSOD even after reinstalling windows and replacing motherboard.

Please start by running these free diagnostics to rule out the most common problems: http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html
Also, as you've related memory problems, also run the free Prime95 program on this page: Additional Hardware Diagnostics

SP1 isn't installed, please do the following:

Quote:
Installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1
1. Visit the PC manufacturer's website and update ALL drivers. DO NOT use Windows Update or the "Update drivers" function of Device Manager.
2. Check Device Manager for any unknown/disabled devices - if there are unknown/disabled devices, fix them with the latest drivers from the device manufacturer's website (not the PC Manufacturer)
3. Visit Windows Update and get all updates (may take repeated visits)
4. Visit Windows Update and get Service Pack 1 (usually under Important Updates). Read these notes for installing SP1: Steps to follow before you install Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 from the Microsoft Download Center
NOTE: For Vista, read these notes:

Quote:
Read these notes for installing Vista SP1: Learn how to install Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Read these notes for installing Vista SP2: Learn how to install Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (SP2)

5. Visit Windows Update and get any other available updates. May take repeated visits, but keep it up until you get several "Windows is updated" results.
If you're having difficulties with installing a Service Pack, please use the SURTool from this link: What is the System Update Readiness Tool?
Also, check out this troubleshooting link from Microsoft: Troubleshoot problems installing Service Pack 1 (SP1) for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2

I have had limited success in installing updates/Service Packs when using a "clean boot". I suspect that I'm just bypassing the problem - and that it can come back to bite me in the butt later on.

Do you have a USB sound device? If so, try uninstalling it to see if the BSOD's stop (just a hunch on my part).

If the above steps don't stop the BSOD's, please zip up and upload any new memory dumps with your next post - and we'll see what we can figure out from there.

The following info is just FYI, I've already addressed the issues that I saw in the above paragraphs

- Further info on BSOD error messages available at: http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html
- Info on how to troubleshoot BSOD's (DRAFT): http://www.carrona.org/userbsod.html
- How I do it: http://www.carrona.org/howidoit.html

3RD PARTY DRIVERS PRESENT IN THE DUMP FILES

Code:

Rt64win7.sys Fri Jun 10 02:33:15 2011 (4DF1BAAB)
amdxata.sys Tue May 19 13:56:59 2009 (4A12F2EB)
cpuz135_x64.sys Wed Jan 19 11:42:06 2011 (4D37145E)
nvlddmkm.sys Thu Feb 09 21:02:58 2012 (4F347AD2)
speedfan.sys Fri Mar 18 12:08:46 2011 (4D83838E)

http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Rt64win7.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=amdxata.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=cpuz135_x64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvlddmkm.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=speedfan.sys

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\071612-24648-01.dmp]
Built by: 7600.17017.amd64fre.win7_gdr.120503-2030
Debug session time: Mon Jul 16 11:10:43.253 2012 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 4 days 13:54:23.597
BugCheck 109, {a3a039d8a0bde4e9, 0, 3c09be51f0f8d845, 101}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x109
PROCESS_NAME: System
Bugcheck code 00000109
Arguments a3a039d8`a0bde4e9 00000000`00000000 3c09be51`f0f8d845 00000000`00000101
BiosVersion = V1.15
BiosReleaseDate = 03/04/2011
SystemM... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/240869-bsod-even-after-reinstalling-windows-replacing-motherboard.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I am trying to reinstall xp home but a lot of files are missing and it says they are not coping correctaly. please help i want my baby back. thanks very much

Relevancy 49.45%

The tablet ran out of power during a factory reset and bricked (windows doesn't boot up). I tried to fix it by trying to boot from usb with windows. However I made a mistake and set efi as the second boot choice. The tablet does not boot from usb for some reason and goes straight in to efi. I'm unable to access BIOS during boot.

Questions:
How do i access the BIOS from efi ?
Why doesn't windows boot from usb as it should ?

Any help would be much appreciated as I am stuck on what to do next, I am not an IT specialist but I have a basic understanding.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-efi-shell-2-31-on-tablet-whilst-reinstalling-window.1168571/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,

In the next couple of days, I am changing my motherboard from a Gigabyte GA-965P-S3 to a GA-EP45-UD3L. I use Windows 7 and would like to keep my setting and programs e.t.c. when I install the new motherboard.

Does anyone know of a way to do this? I don't really want to have to do a fresh install of the OS.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Changing My Motherboard

Actually, it is fairly easy. Uninstall the various drivers directly associated with the original motherboard model just before you shut it down the last time. If any of the "un-installations" ask you to reboot, ignore the request responding that you will do it later. Continue until you have gotten rid of them all. Then shut down.

Once everything is connected to the new motherboard and you power up the first time, Windows will begin looking for all the needed drivers and either find the ones it needs or not find them and allow you to supply them, either from Gigabyte's driver CD, or from the Internet.

That's pretty much all there is to it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/7540-changing-my-motherboard.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a 1200 athlon on a ECS K7S5A motherboard that went bad and I put in an ASUS A7V that had been replaced by ASUS before and was not being used. My problem is when I put the ASUS board in and tried to start it I get no video and no beep from it, I can't even get into the bios. Do you think ASUS sent me a bad replacement board??

A:Changing the motherboard

Try to start it with only the processor(jumpers set correctly for multiplier and fsb)Memory, video card. Does it post

Do you have the cpu fan connected to the cpu fan header

Can you hear the hard drive spin up, does it try and access the hard drive, cdrom, or floppy when you boot it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-the-motherboard.151545/
Relevancy 48.59%

is this mobo fitts in my hp pro 3400 mt case, and is it work without problems, i want to put it insted of my old mobo H-CUPERTINO2-H61-uA TX, and can i put my currently cpu g630 in this mobo???http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_14626247452299&key=984ed3ed6aa9a69986f88d56d1...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/changing-motherboard/td-p/5611804
Relevancy 48.59%

I want to change my current motherboard without changing other components. What is the best way to go about this (steps, I mean)? I want to upgrade to Gigabyte's GA-970A-DS3P motherboard (I won't overclock BTW), which is the only option at this budget available at my local dealer's. Any opinions about the board and steps to upgrade?

A:Changing just motherboard

Hi,
I'd say the first step is to get a new oem/ system builders copy of win-7
The other is tied to the other mobo

Although changing out or upgrading a mother board may seem like a simple thing a lot of components might not be compatible most likely the cpu and ram will have to be upgraded as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/375323-changing-just-motherboard.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Is it realistic to change Changing PC motherboard in the the motherboard of your PC without having to change everything else In other words can I take out this socket motherboard and put in whatever the latest socket motherboard is as long as all the other hardware Changing motherboard in the PC is compatible with it As in I have a sound card Changing motherboard in the PC on a PCI port and a video card on a PCI-Express port so as long as those ports are on the new motherboard--along with what other compatible connectors there might need to be for all the other wiring and stuff--there should be no issue Especially with the hard-drive it can plug back into a new motherboard and all my programs and files and stuff will be just as I left them I d like to put a better motherboard in but I don t want to have to completely overhaul all the other devices and system files and crud The only reason I d want to do it is to get a better processor With this socket motherboard a preliminary search seems to tell me the best I can get for that is maybe a Ghz Athlon currently a Ghz Sempron is what I have But damn a couple of trips to local software stores reveals that a bunch of newer programs are already asking for friggin Ghz I know a shiny new Ghz CPU is not going to be cheap but it ll cost less than buying a whole new system and save the headache of having to reinstall and transfer all my stuff all over again Ugh nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

I dont think there is but I am going to ask anyway. Is there any easy way to change motherboards on a system with Windows XP but keep the same hard drive and not have to reinstall windows. I know win98 all you had to do was delete the current drivers and reboot and all is well, but with 2000 and XP because of the NT kernel you get a blue screen of death?

Relevancy 48.59%

Hlo I want to change my motherboard because I m not able to play big games on this HD graphics 5500 so I want to know which motherboard is best and I can change or not..... I want to add any other motherboard by which I can add some graphics of 2 gb so telll me it can possible or not....

A:changing motherboard

Hi, Buy a new machine would better, and would be cheaper. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/changing-motherboard/td-p/5598671
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi, I'm wondering what the specs are to my current motherboard because I want to update my CPU and was thinking would i have to replace my motherboard.

MB: MS-7091
CPU: Intel P4 2.66GHz

If it's possible to upgrade just my CPU to a faster one then I would like to know what CPU's I can use. If not anyone know what I should get CPU and Motheboard wise?

Cheers Dave.

Relevancy 48.59%

hope you like a challenge?

I just got myself a newboard (asrock k7s41gx)

The problem is that when I restarted the p.c, I got nothing - not even the beeps.

Now I know that everything in the p.c is working and I did get the shop to check the new board and memory - so where do I o from here?

The engineer from the shop thought it might be a short somewhere but I have stripped the p.c down to its bare bones, cleaned it and wiped it down. Still nothing. I leave the floor open to you.

Old board was a GA 72 X
Processor AMD athlon 1g
New mem DDR400.

A:changing motherboard

Forgot to say: monitor says - no signal being recieved

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-motherboard.61207/
Relevancy 48.59%

Doing this for a client. I'm new to the business end of computer repair. About how much should I charge for services? (I know to charge for parts, tax, etc., just not sure what the industry standard is for this sort of service).

Thanks for your help!

A:Changing Out A Motherboard and PSU

That's hard to say, I guess it depends on your years of experience. I know people who charge anywhere from $35 per hour.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-out-a-motherboard-and-psu.666624/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello all I was just wondering that If when I replace my mobo with the new one will I have to reload or re register windows xp.
If so is there any way to get around doing that.
Thanks for any suggestions

Relevancy 48.59%

i think my procssor is going as when i try to load certain programs it shuts off and a lot of times it just will not boot.
5-6 years ago when this happened it was a bad processor.
my question is if i change to a new upgraded motherboard and processor will i have to change any settings to get it to boot or will win xp just recognize it and boot properly?

Relevancy 48.59%

I m going to change my CPU Motherboard from a P Mhz Brookings board to Athlon MSI k n GILSA mainly cos I want a board with agp slot and I cant squeeze any more frames per second out of my old pci graphics card Ive read up a fair bit on the procedures one school says delete all hard ware references in Device Manager and then boot up with your new board the other says reformat the whole lot and start again The trouble is with the last option they usually stop there and I can t find the actual procedure motherboard Changing for going from a drive full of stuff backed up of course to getting the new board in and reloading Windows What order do I do it all in I ve read a bit about Fdisk Format com etc but how and when to apply them I dont know Can any one help Also I think My OEM Gateway recovery disks are true Windows Me discs well it says Operating System Backup CD on it version Me for distribution only with a new pc but how Changing motherboard can I tell for sure If its not full Windows I ll be in trouble if I wipe the version on my hard drive Any advice Comments will be appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi. When I go to change out my motherboard what will I have to do in order to get my windows running again? Will I have to reinstall windows again and if so will i be able to use my existing key code because my computer did not come with a xp disk instead it had to make 4 different boot disk. Please any info will help.

A:changing out my motherboard

you will need to reinstall windows from scratch and when the registration point comes up, you will need to call M$ to get a new code. You will need to tell them you did a mobo swap-out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-out-my-motherboard.74009/
Relevancy 48.59%

After reinstalling back to factory settings I tryed to update windows and it just keeps on "checking for updates"  does not show it found any or does anything else.  But running like this for a least 5 hours now.  I have a HP Pavillion
G7 running Windows 7

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4b0206cf-96f7-41cf-ad49-10ef5f9f88f4/after-reinstalling-back-to-factory-window-update-just-keeps-on-checking-and-doesnt-stop?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,

I'm about to go from a Soyo P4I Firedragon (845, FSB: 400MHZ) to a MSI 845PE Max2-FIR (845PE, FSB: 400/533MHZ). My co-worker tells that I can't install the new Mobo without reinstalling WinXP from scratch. Is this true or is he just ignorant??

Please let me know.

A:Changing new Motherboard under WinXP

You can swap mb as long as you have not installed proprietary chipset drivers for the old mb. If you have it can still be done, however it is more work.
With that said I do not recommend swapping mb without a clean install of the os. You will be happier in the long run with a clean install. The computer will be more stable with fewer problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-new-motherboard-under-winxp.118759/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello

As the title says, I wanna change my motherboard processor, and insert an SSD aswell while keeping the old harddrive.

Was wondering if I need to perfom a new reinstall on windows or if I can just transfer windows itself to the SSD and then just keep going. I was also wondering if my windows install will messup if I insert my new motherboard due to new BIOS.

Thanks

A:Changing motherboard and processor

Its always a good idea to fresh install when changing motherboards. A fresh install will minimize any issues that could arise from different hardware configurations. I've also heard that Windows setup detects an SSD and optimizes Windows for use with the SSD.

You should also keep in mind, an OEM license for Windows is not be transferable to a new motherboard. The motherboard is the one component that constitutes a new machine. OEM installs are bound to the motherboard they are activated on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-motherboard-and-processor.186545/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey fellas. I was looking into changing my motherboard, and I realized that I was not provided a Windows XP cd when I purchased my computer. After doing some searching, I did notice that the manufacturer created an I386 folder with the associated XP files on my hard drive.

If I switched motherboards, I was wondering if there would be some way I could reinstall XP again without having to buy a new CD. I appreciate any comments. Thanks a lot everyone.

A:Changing Motherboard and Windows XP

Unless you get an identical motherboard, you'll have to buy xp. Most pre-built systems either come with a "restore" xp cd or a "restore" xp hard drive partition. Neither of these can be used on another motherboard. Xp home is $90 u.s. for the oem version.

I know, it stinks. I can guess why microsoft likes it though $$$.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-motherboard-and-windows-xp.22820/
Relevancy 48.16%

My computer(ACER>Win98SE>IE5.0) is 4 years old and I assume I should be thinking about changing the battery on the mother board.
I have searched the different threads and it is pretty clear what to do: Boot PC and enter "setup mode"> copy the settings from the various menus>power off>etc...
I have never done this before so I have a very simple question:
On boot-up how do I stop the setup so I can copy the settings?
No laughing now. lol
Many thanks!

A:Changing Battery-motherboard

When its booting, you need to enter the BIOS to get the settings.
The key to press differs between systems, but is usually F1, DEL, or similar.
It should be displayed briefly on the screen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-battery-motherboard.204516/
Relevancy 48.16%

I don't have the recovery disc, and its a different chipset in new motherboard. I know if I could boot from old mobo and use sysprep tool I'd be fine. However that is not possible. Is there a way to manually edit the driver files or run sysprep from a live-cd? Registry hacking might even be necessary.

*edit: I just tried running sysprep from a Windows 7 Recovery Disc command prompt, but it gives the error that ActionQueue.dll is missing from my computer.

A:Changing motherboard with different chipset

Quote: Originally Posted by joe7dust

I don't have the recovery disc, and its a different chipset in new motherboard. I know if I could boot from old mobo and use sysprep tool I'd be fine. However that is not possible. Is there a way to manually edit the driver files or run sysprep from a live-cd? Registry hacking might even be necessary.

Did you already install the new motherboard, so you're ready to start the process if I tell you how? You use the original disk, no restore is involved in the process?

Read the attached pdf. It can inject drivers using "P2P adjust OS" option. You want the software? It was freeware a long time ago.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/282484-changing-motherboard-different-chipset.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi all,
Today I tried to change my motherboard over to a AM3+ socket one and install a new AMD CPU.
I created a backup image file on a external drive. So I performed the sysprep and upon turning the system back on I got an error message:

Windows could not finish configuring the system. To attempt to resume configuration, restart the computer.

After reading up on this, I found it was common. One solution was to use my installation disk and repair the computer. I thought this worked as I can now login to Windows. However when I do, if I try to click on Computer I get an error saying:

The server process could not be started because the configured identity is incorrect. Check the username and password.

I could not find a definitive answer for this, and that's why I'm posting.
Could I use the backup somehow?

A:Problem after changing motherboard

Another method is to apply your last image using it's boot disk, then Adjust Win7 to boot on new hardware with Paragon Adaptive Restore CD

You can first see if it will start without adjusting as sometimes happens.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/327518-problem-after-changing-motherboard.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello,I have the envy 17t  k200 , the motherboard is bad , I have been trying to fine a replacement board and I can not find one, I have noticed there are a few replacement boards I can use, I just need to know what boards are my choices , the bad board I have now is the PART NUMBER  "   793272-501 " other issue I have the only board I can seem to find that even comes close is the " 782619-501 " Not sure I can use it ,Would appreciate any help or guidance ,Thank you !!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Changing-envy-17-motherboard/td-p/5646426
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi everyone.

I plan to change my motherboard and power supply. For this, i need two things:

1. Will my old RAM(PC2100, DDR333)work in a new mobo that supports DDR400 PC3200 RAM

2. What kind of power supply would i need?

I need the change for gaming, cuz my old mobo sux. For the mobo reccomendation, please make it a socket 478 motherboard with a PCI-E slot if at all possible.

Thank you,

sw123(MY B-DAYS TOMMORROW!!!! 1/21/07 )

A:Plan on changing motherboard...

1. Yes
2. Unless you are planning on adding additional devices (like a new video card), you don't need to replace your power supply

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/plan-on-changing-motherboard.68164/
Relevancy 48.16%

Ive recently ugraded my computer using Asrock P TURBOTwins LGA Intel P FSB DDR and DDR ATX motherboard NEW w Jeantech Power supply Changing Motherboard after restaring Keeps ALREADY OWNED GB mhz DDR Ram ALREADY OWNED Intel Pentium Ghz Dual Core Processor ALREADY OWNED Radeon Pro gb PCI Keeps restaring after Changing Motherboard Express Graphic Card ALREADY OWNED Keeps restaring after Changing Motherboard Sata Hard Drives gb with Windows XP Pro amp gb ALREADY OWNED SATA DVD-ROM Drive x Samsung I received the new motherbord on monday nd Sep along with new case ect That evening i took apart my workin previous computer and rebiult it all into the new case with the new motherboard I plugged everything in correctly and connected it all up I was using a USB keyboard PS Mouse and connected monitor via DVi cable as per usual I turned it on everything fired up but the first thing i noticed was the time it took to display anythin on the screen my old computer when turned on wud take about sec to display the startup This however took about - sec but when it did come on it started up as normal On my harddrive with the Operating sytem i have it fully encrpyted using truecrypt so i entered my password and it carried on like normal Then the windows loading screen came up and just at the point where you are propmted for the login password it resets itself Im surer if there was any hardware issue it would not have allowed to come this far I read up on it and reset bios started with minimum hardware ect Then tried to install xp again but as it was loading files before it gets to the bit were you press enter to setup and r to repair ect it displays blue screen with stop x B xf c a xc x x I then decided to unplug it all and rebiuld it back into my old motherboard which was originally working but just put it into the new case which wouldnt make any difference as far as im aware When it was finished i turned it on and everything started up but there was no display on the screen Tonite im going to put it all on new motherboard again and use an IDE hdd to try reinstall xp on and see if that works Im hopeing it not the graphic card as that cost me and it has been fine since i got it All the forums are suggesting things like RAID an stuff i dnt have a clue about anything like that and dont see how it would be needed Any info that could help would be greatly appreciated before i have to hand it over to a pro who will charge the earth and ive also had previous bad experience with some people Ive done various courses and have experience with computers and there components but im no expert nbsp

A:Keeps restaring after Changing Motherboard

I would definately give it a try with the other HDD. Its is good practice to do a completely fresh installation of Windows if you change the motherboard. There are likely to be many different components, drivers etc needed and it is fairly easy to get conflicts between the existing HDD configuration and what the new motherboards wants.

If it works with the other HDD then I would suggest putting the original HDD as a secondary and backing everything up. Then format and reinstall on the original drive (hope that makes some degree of sense).

I will also say I am not a PC tech, everything I have learnt is through trial and error / personal experience, so don't take my answer as the gospel truth its just my initial thoughts.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keeps-restaring-after-changing-motherboard.752854/
Relevancy 48.16%

So I had a motherboard die on me recently. I'm running Win7 ultimate on it.

My plan was to just replaced the mobo, so that I won't have to deal with new install, but they don't make p4 boards anymore lol.

So I'm gonna go from an ABIT IC7 / P4 to a Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2L with Pentium Dual core e5400 .

Do you guys think I can get away without having to reinstall w7?

A:Changing Motherboard, Same Install?

Yes, but you will need to do a phone activation.

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/103063-changing-motherboard-same-install.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I know this might sound stupid but how do you go about reinstalling your audio and video drivers if you dont have the CD?

A:reinstalling driver

You go to the respective websites for your hardware and download the latest drivers.

regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reinstalling-driver.22731/
Relevancy 47.73%

I read the tutorial, and unless I missed it, then it is not there. Link here......
Basically I want to change the color of the background in the window that appears when you click on a folder. And can I do custom Backgrounds for individual folder windows?

Relevancy 47.73%

i know i can enable/disable it but is there a way to change the windows shadow opacity or width?

A:changing window shadowing

Im interested in this topic aswell, Thanks in advance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/11787-changing-window-shadowing.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I am slowing getting use to windows 8, however I haven't been able to change the window colour. As I am dyslexic I need my background colour for each application to be blue but I can't see how to do this with windows 8. I have followed the process on how to change it with windows 7 but there are no advance settings in the color option. Can anyone help.

thanks

A:Help!!! changing the window colour

I would like to do this also. The bright white color is annoying. Also can the scrollbar color be changed?

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/15640-help-changing-window-colour.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I put a shortcut to a folder on my desktop and when I click on it, it always wants to open in the "Open" mode instead of opening in the Windows "Explorer" mode. I can click on the folders icon when it's open to get the desired results, but that's extra keystrokes.
Under tools/folder options/file types/ and when I select "folder" and click on advanced, Explore is selected as the default.
Any ideas? Seems to me I had this problem before, but don't know how I fixed it.
Thanks
Floyd

A:Changing the way a window opens

Yep, To do this, right click on the desktop, select "NEW SHORTCUT"Then for the location type:explorer.exe /e,"Path To File Or Folder"and yes, you need to include the ".exe" and you need to include the Comma and the Quotation MarksSo if the folder for your shortcut was say D:\My Computer\My Files, you would put explorer.exe /e,"D:\My Computer\My Files"Then click next and name your shortcut whatever you want. It will select a standard icon for your shortcut, but you can always change the icon by right clicking on it going to Properties then "Change Icon".Hope that helps!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/26881/changing-the-way-a-window-opens/
Relevancy 47.73%

When I open a window it fades in slowly and when it closes it fades out slowly. How do I change that?

A:Changing how a window displays

version of op system? and do you have any themes installed ?

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/changing-how-window-displays-4598003/
Relevancy 47.3%

I wish to change my system to use UEFI from the older bios system

but I have run into the single problem of changing the disk from MBR to GPT

I have lots of things I need to back up and i want my windows system to be how it is now. The problem is Windows system image apparently does not like applying MBR imaged disks to GPT disks.
So i want to know how i can change my disk from MBR to GPT and get it working with the UEFI without losing anything before i get my new motherboard.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/33487-changing-bios-motherboard-uefi.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I am swapping out my older X58 BIOS motherboard for a UEFI motherboard with a new Ivy Bridge i5. I'd rather not have to reinstall Windows 7, and just want to make sure I can swap the boards and CPUs without issue. Thanks!

A:Changing From BIOS Motherboard to UEFI

I don't know how likely that is.

Before you try any transplant, I strongly recommend that you image your HD. I've used Acronis True Image, although it's not completely foolproof.

You may be able to simply swap motherboards, Windows 7 detects the hardware changes, and off you go. You may have to install a few new drivers.

If that doesn't work, you may be able to use the sysprep utility on your WIndows installation, with the "generalize" switch. That's intended to allow producing a generic Windows installation for diverse hardware. (Drivers are removed.)

If all else fails, re-install Windows. I hope that you aren't using an OEM copy of Windows. Microsoft may not be willing to activate it on a new system.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/250621-changing-bios-motherboard-uefi.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi I have an OEM version of Win Pro x DVD I Win License - Motherboard 7 Changing Processor OEM & purchased from Newegg in I installed it Win 7 OEM License - Changing Motherboard & Processor on my Intel DX SO i - which I subsequently upgraded the processor to i - I plan to upgrade my motherboard and processor again to an Intel DX SO i - x I'm also going to replace my Seagate Barracuda GB SATA hdds presently in Intel RST RAID which are out of warranty -year with two new -year warranty Seagate Constellation TB SATA hdds configured in a Marvell RAID mirror I'll use the Barracuda Intel RST RAID volume as my back-up disk Will I have MS license issues when I do a clean install of my OEM Win onto the upgraded system I'm wondering if I'll have activation problems I've changed the motherboard before but with the same processor and model motherboard and there didn't seem to be an issue I've done this with an OEM copy of Win XP in the past and didn't have any issues I'm not installing the same OS product key on more than one system I'm just moving or reinstalling the OS to an upgraded hardware system Regards

A:Win 7 OEM License - Changing Motherboard & Processor

If you change the motherboard to a different model or manufacturer technically the OEM version cannot be activated as it is tied to the motherboard. However, I know Microsoft has made some exceptions.

I'm facing the same thing right now. I suspect a problem with my motherboard. I have another to replace it but it is a different vendor and I'm afraid Microsoft will not activate it. I've considered an "anytime upgrade" from Home to Pro version but I don't know if that will change the OEM version into a full version. So, I'm stuck.

XP was different and the process was much more lenient.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/340228-win-7-oem-license-changing-motherboard-processor.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Sorry, double post check my other thread please until I find out how to delete my posts!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-changing-processor-motherboard.582479/
Relevancy 47.3%

I am a win user noob with win Usually when i ugrade hardware with win i just install the new drivers and everything works correctly Never needed to format This is the first time i ugrade hardware on a win machine and i don't want to format I have an HTPC that was running an AMD A APU with Windows I just ugraded to a brand new A K with a after motherboard/cpu win8 crashing changing keeps new motherboard All other hardware including RAM stays the same I installed the new drivers with the CD but now my HTPC keeps getting a blue screen a few seconds after booting into windows then it reboots and does the same thing I managed to get into safe mode and remove everything on the startup old w msconfig trick So farm safe mode is still the only way to boot Win without instantly getting a blue screen New win8 keeps crashing after changing motherboard/cpu MSI motherboard has an option in BIOS called quot Enable Windows Feature quot If i enable it then the HTPC won't even boot Win it stays stuck on the EFI Shell page Config is AMD A K APU MSI A M-E FM win8 keeps crashing after changing motherboard/cpu FM AMD A Samsung SSD x tb black Windows x GSKILL GB RAM

A:win8 keeps crashing after changing motherboard/cpu

Whenever you install a new mother board, you need to reinstall Windows and all your software/drivers. The only time this doesn't apply is if it's the same motherboard model. Also, never install the drivers from the cd. They're outdated by the time you buy the product. Go to the motherboards website and download new drivers.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/55672-win8-keeps-crashing-after-changing-motherboard-cpu.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have experienced the failure of an Intel D GLC motherboard with Pent- processor I have replaced the motherboard Now when XP start changing Can't after Solved: motherboard powered on and after passing the Intel Logo screen the screen blackens and displays this message quot The system could not be restarted from its previous location Solved: Can't start XP after changing motherboard due to a read failure -- delete restoration data and proceed to system boot menu quot Beyond that point the only option I can see is to cut power I have an old Acronis startup CD that will open shows on the monitor after I have now reset the startup priority from C to the CD but I no longer have the Acronis backup file that is required to complete I mention this only to report that the monitor will receive from the CD drive A computer friend thinks the MBR on the hard drive has become corrupted but that is indefinite The computer was running XP home and came with the OS pre-installed I don t have a CD for the home version but I do have an XP PRO CD for another computer I put it in the CD drive on the ailing computer and a message briefly came up saying to press any key to go to the CD but when pressed or not pressed the black screen message quickly reappears I obviously don t know what to do and need suggestions Is there such a thing as a plain old start-up CD like we used to have for DOS that will let me begin getting back into business My HD is a gig IDE Western Digital that has a verification program which has been showing it to be in good condition Everything was accessible prior to the motherboard failure I pray that someone out there has the expertise and patience to please help me Many thanks if you do nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

I had Gigabyte G31Es2L motherboard with c2d 2.8Ghz processor before 1 month i got BOD problem so i repaired it from authorized service center but after it just work for 1 day again same problem so now i brough new motherboard with everything same as prevous but mother board is Gigabyte G41 combo today i again got BOD problem ..

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000008e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 9001D6BC
BCP3: 97C97678
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\102311-31839-01.dmp
C:\Users\Tushar\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-47892-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

i m attaching the dump file.

Relevancy 47.3%

I've been looking through my bios but, haven't seen any way to change it I'm running at 3.8GHZ and if I can change the multiplier from 38 to 40, I assume, I can hit 4.0ghz. correct me if I'm wrong. I'm running the i5 4670k processor is it even possible? Thanks!

A:changing multiplier on Asus Z87-A motherboard

I'd imagine you have to change the Ai Overclock Tuner, or whatever they are calling it now, to "Manual" and then change the core multipliers. If you can, go into your BIOS, access the advanced mode and take a few screenshots of your options. You'll need a flash drive plugged in to take screenshots.........I believe its the F12 key. Post some pictures up and we'll try to get you goin.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/309851-changing-multiplier-asus-z87-motherboard.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a Dell 8200 Dimension running XP. I need to replace my 8-year old battery. Is the correct procedure to turn the computer off or leave it on? If the computer is on, I believe I may not have to reset the clock or run some set up. If the power is off, what do I have to do after the battery is replaced and the power is turned back on?

A:[SOLVED] Changing motherboard battery

Quote:

Originally Posted by LarryMoenkurly

I have a Dell 8200 Dimension running XP. I need to replace my 8-year old battery. Is the correct procedure to turn the computer off or leave it on? If the computer is on, I believe I may not have to reset the clock or run some set up. If the power is off, what do I have to do after the battery is replaced and the power is turned back on?

When ever doing anything inside a computer you must not only switch it off but also remove the power cable from the back. It is always a good idea to earth yourself for a few seconds on a radiator pipe or such like to discharge any static. Normally when you change the battery on a Dell the BIOS will prompt you that it has been reset and will ask you to hit F1 to continue or F2 to enter the BIOS. Hit F2 to change the time and date settings.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-changing-motherboard-battery-453793.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all Yesterday I finally installed my new Mobo and CPU I got my Windows retail disc and inserted the disc and activated it just fine using the quot boxes of code quot with phone activation Then I installed Windows using a activate changing after motherboard to Unable USB bootable However I could NOT activate Unable to activate after changing motherboard It would say quot no Unable to activate after changing motherboard digital entitlement found quot or something like that I tried putting in my Windows key for activation but it said quot this key is already being used on another PC quot I tried using phone activation but after entering all the numbers the automatic voice prompt told me he was unable to activate Then I reinstalled Windows and tried doing an upgrade I downloaded the Media Creation Tool and clicked quot Upgrade this PC quot but once the computer restarted and went to that quot circle quot installing screen it got to then gave me an error message when I clicked OK it began restoring Windows My new mobo is the MSI Z A and my new CPU is the K What do I do I don't want to miss out on the upgrade Please help

A:Unable to activate after changing motherboard

Clean Install Windows 10 Directly without having to Upgrade First - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/57124-unable-activate-after-changing-motherboard.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello I desperately need help I honestly Boot Computer Changing After Motherboard Won't feel like everything I do in this situation is just a useless struggle against technology I am fairly educated in tech and have tried so so so so many solutions and all have failed PLEASE HELP My Toshiba Satellite C would no longer charge when plugged in said it was charging but the battery just kept ticking down so went down the many avenues of that path Computer Won't Boot After Changing Motherboard new drivers new jack found out after of meaningless repairs it was the motherboard Got a new motherboard for I ve taken apart computers several times and pieced them Computer Won't Boot After Changing Motherboard back together absolutely fine did the same with this made sure it was the Computer Won't Boot After Changing Motherboard exact correct part hooked it all up and turned it on here comes the fun part It will not boot to wndows it just keeps returning me to boot screen or BIOS and even when trying to boot it from a USB with Windows installed on it it just keeps restarting itself over and over I have two of these Toshiba satellites and they both have the same charging issue so I can download all software on one and then try and make it run the other BUT IT DOES NOT WORK to make sure I even tried booting my other Toshiba Satellite with the USB windows function and oh it was ever so fine with that but no not the one with the new motherboard it just restarts goes to bios restarts after you exit goes to bios shows you toshiba splash screen aaaaaannnnd restarts again that is when I set it to the USB boot priority setting it to the HDD priority boot order just keeps asking quot please select proper boot device quot over and over Am I just honestly doomed have I seriously just wasted half a grand trying to fix this computer only to figure out the holy grail to the problem and be denied by a complete and illogical refusal to boot to windows Please I m begging anyone out there tell me what I need to do to fix this and I swear to god if someone gives me an actual fix my first born child goes to you I ve been fighting this machine for months and I just want to smash it into fragments of dust please I m seriously begging for help someone out there be smart enough to help me nbsp

A:Computer Won't Boot After Changing Motherboard

I've edited your post for profanity. Please be more careful in the future as this is a family friendly site.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wont-boot-after-changing-motherboard.1162517/
Relevancy 47.3%

On a Win XP machine you could delete the registry keys under HKLM\Enum as the last step before removing the MB and when the new MB was installed the Plug & Play would install the your hardware drivers and properly configure the new MB.

Is there a similar process that will work with Win 7? There is no HKLM\Enum key in Win 7 registry. There is a HKLM\System\Control Set 001\Enum.

A:registry change before changing motherboard?

Method #1 here,

Windows 7 Installation - Transfer to a New Computer

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/171057-registry-change-before-changing-motherboard.html
Relevancy 47.3%

This is what I want to do.Transfer everything from my ide on my computer to a sata drive on my computer and then use it in a new computer that I"m building.I had to slow down the drive to sata1 to get it to work in old computer.Drives are maxtor ide and Western Digital sata 2.I have both softwares.Running win xp pro all updates applied.Any help is going to be appreciated.
TIA,Allenv

A:Changing Hard drive and motherboard

You can transfer files and data but you will need to install Windows clean on new build...fine to have files and data on the drive in a separate partition so you do not format the whole drive by accident and lose everything, or use sata drive for clean install and then jumper the ide drive as slave and use whatever you want from it in new build.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-hard-drive-and-motherboard.556525/
Relevancy 47.3%

I will be moving to an X38 chipset and a 45nm quad core soon from my E6600 and P965 chipset. Will I need to re-install Vista Ultimate x64?

Relevancy 47.3%

I've lost most of my Saturday trying to figure out what happened here I had a perfectly working home network composed by a desktop Windows Professional x and a notebook Windows Home Premium x connected by the TP-LINK TL-WR ND router After I bought a new motherboard something went wrong It was a Abit IP before Realtek NIC and now it is a Asus P Q Atheros NIC I made a clean install to change the motherboards using the latest drivers and updated the router firmware and reconfigured it just in case but the problem persists - The desktop enters the internet and the shared folders of the notebook no problem at all - The notebook enters the internet normally but gets an error x when I try to enter any of the desktop's folders including the ones on Error after 0x80070035 changing motherboard the domestic group - When I try to reach the desktop through its IP on the start menu I get an error - Pinging the IPs gives no errors though I've read Error 0x80070035 after changing motherboard a bunch of threads about this sort of error but none of those actually helped Here's my ipconfig all log Host Name JB -X Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR AR AR PC thernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - - F- B-D - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e d b d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday Setember AM Lease Expires Sunday Setember AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - Error 0x80070035 after changing motherboard -B - - - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface E A -F A - -A - C F D BCD Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e dc e c Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe dc e c Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap F - F - C- A - CD AA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes And the nbtstat -n Name Type Status --------------------------------------------- JB -X lt gt UNIQUE Registered WORKGROUP lt gt GROUP Registered JB -X lt gt UNIQUE Registered WORKGROUP lt E gt GROUP Registered WORKGROUP lt E gt GROUP Registered WORKGROUP lt D gt UNIQUE Registered MSBROWSE lt gt GROUP Registered Thanks in advance and sorry for the bad English

A:Error 0x80070035 after changing motherboard

Just a shot in the dark, but try uninstalling (NOT disabling) the Teredo and the ISATAP adapters. They'll reinstall themselves if needed - but most times they just go away and never come back (but the internet does).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/error-0x80070035-after-changing-motherboard-511749.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello I need help please A week ago I disconneced my printer cable from the computer When i connected again the windows searched dor device software for the printer and didnt find Driver to the MX PRINTER which i use was installed I see it in the programms So then I uninstalled the driver and installed again from canon site when i installed in the insallation process the driver found the printer Then restarted the pc and again windows looked for a driver ans said he cant install I attach the message here I tried this procedure with usa mp driver dor canon and also with europenian still computer doesnt reconize the printer When i go ro device and printer i see my canon printer with a caution sign on it a yellow triangle with a quot quot I downloaded the driver from canon site it driver driver) install printer 64 cannot Window 7 sotware(canon bit was MP driver the latest dont know what to do I using win bit I talked to canon support they said its windows problem I tried to press at the printer sign in device and printers and then started the Window 7 64 bit cannot install driver sotware(canon printer driver) troubleshooter of windows but again its not helped advice please

A:Window 7 64 bit cannot install driver sotware(canon printer driver)

Hi did you try a system restore to a point when it did work.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/window-7-64-bit-cannot-install-driver-sotware-canon-printer-driver-861930.html
Relevancy 47.3%

So someone my son decided to uninstall the graphics driver on my laptop - an HP G running Windows I thought I would just be able to get the driver from Windows Update The driver showed up in Windows Update quot Intel Corporation - Display - Intel reg HD Graphics quot When I try to install through Windows Update though the update fails giving the error code b Googling the error code I found a Microsoft help site that said to try the Windows Update troubleshooter The troubleshooter told me to try running Windows Update again When I did I got the same result as before I tried going to HP s website and downloading the driver and installing it from there The installer ran graphics driver Reinstalling for a while and then an error popped up reading quot An error occurred while registering one or more components Setup will exit quot with just an OK button I clicked OK and the Reinstalling graphics driver installer popped up ready to try again so I went through the process once more and got the same result I tried based on advice received elsewhere to download the installer from HP s site and then use -zip to extract the exe file then go into Device Manager and update the driver and then direct the wizard to that folder After it tried to install for about minutes I got the following message Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it This operation returned because the timeout period expired If someone could help that d be much appreciated - I m not too familiar with driver issues

A:Reinstalling graphics driver

Did you download from here on HP site?There are 28 different HP G72 series listed. Which series do you have?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/380166/reinstalling-graphics-driver/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello there im using an asus on windows 7 and i need some help with my drivers, my laptop was recently infected and i seemed to clean it but now my internet has "limited access" so i looked online and found a forum that said delete my wireless adapter drive and to restart and it would automatically reinstall, i restarted and when it tries to reinstall it says network controller cant find the device needed so now i cant connect wirelessly, please help asap, thanks.

A:need help reinstalling wireless driver.

Never mind found a web that helped me get it back the way it was.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/379753-need-help-reinstalling-wireless-driver.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I uninstalled one of my sound drivers. It was called soundmax hd audio. Now am trying to reinstall it but the wizard says it does not find the required software. I do not have a cd or anything since i wasn't the one who installed it. Any help?

A:Reinstalling audio driver

Zenosincks said:

What is the brand and model number of your PC or motherboard?Click to expand...

ok am using an asus p5k-e

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reinstalling-audio-driver.102793/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello
I am running Vista and recently purchased a Mybook Western Digital external hard drive. The drive seems to work fine but every time I restart the computer it trys to reinstall the driver for the it.
Any ideas where to start looking to try and stop this from happening?

Thank You
Tony

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reinstalling-driver-every-start-up.715268/