Windows Support Forum

build 7077 - Networking Doing the "The Lambeth Walk"

Q: build 7077 - Networking Doing the "The Lambeth Walk"

Hi all Networking seems to be a real pain to get to work ALL the time with Networking "The Doing - 7077 the Walk" Lambeth build W Latest build x- fixes the problem in Network Discovery where Computers on the network are randomly visible - but now I've got that wretched problem again which was fixed in an earlier release that my LAN card only has limited connectivity again even though windows reports device as working correctly So One step forward and One step backwards quot Doing the Lambeth Walk quot Wireless etc still OK and USB gt LAN adapter which is what I'm using now is OK C'mon microsoft please build 7077 - Networking Doing the "The Lambeth Walk" FIX Networking issues -- this card works in XP and VISTA although VISTA drivers won't work in W Card is Via velocity family gigabit ethernet card Diagnostics can't find any error either What's also bad is that the adapter sort of goes into a loop if you try and do anything like IPCONFIG and you have to Force shutdown Cheers jimbo

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: build 7077 - Networking Doing the "The Lambeth Walk"

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: build 7077 - Networking Doing the "The Lambeth Walk"

Heya Jimbo.... I recently installed a belkin wireless g adapter.... after some hours (random) it will totally drop signal. Its not my modem or router. Even troubleshooting it will not work for me. Eventually end up having to unplug/replug it back in and i'm running again. Could be the adapter, but am interested in feedback about usb adapters and connectivity.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/7172-build-7077-networking-doing-lambeth-walk.html
Relevancy 88.58%

On Windows 7 32 bit build 7077 the HD LED "ticks" once per second. I googled and found related issues with CDROM drives and AutoPlay. The fix for XP was to set AutoPlay to 0 in the registry for the CDROM device.

I have AutoPlay set to 0 running Windows 7. If I disable the CDROM device in Windows 7 the once per second "tick" of the LED goes away. If I enable the CDROM device it comes back.

If I boot to XP Pro SP2 there's no ticking. I suspect a Windows 7 driver issue. Anyone hear of this and a solution?

edit: when I say "solution" I mean other than pull the wire to the LED, put black electrical tape over the LED etc.. I mean a real solution.

A:7077 causes HD LED "tick" if TSSTcorp burner enabled

Why are you on such an old build? :S

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/43520-7077-causes-hd-led-tick-if-tsstcorp-burner-enabled.html
Relevancy 87.72%

With Windows now available - I will be embarking on a huge upgrade of workstations here at the Walk through your me process... "rebuild" house One will be getting completely new components - while others will inherit parts of other machines and still others will be retired completely One priority for this job is to ensure that each workstation quot retains quot it's current quot data quot drive folder structure Currently each box contains at least one GB or TB drive containing quot stuff quot that Walk me through your "rebuild" process... has been sitting there for Walk me through your "rebuild" process... at least years or more In some cases - it would take hours days to move all this quot stuff quot elsewhere Like a server or something and Walk me through your "rebuild" process... then put it all back after the build My usual method of handling this in prior builds was to simply disconnect the hard drive build the box with just a lone C drive and then reconnect the drives In some cases it seemed to work fine - in others - I immediately started to see issues with file folder security and had to resort to all sorts of fun trying to reset permissions to default etc etc I have one specific drive on my DAW - that contains hundreds of thousands of samples etc that is a nightmare to deal with if the permissions are wonky While my preference would be to simply disconnect build and reconnect - I am open to using something like Robocopy etc to move stuff off the drive format it and then put it back How to do you guys handle a complete ground up rebuild when faced with a drive full of stuff that you want to retain in the exact same structure as a prior build Cheers VP

A:Walk me through your "rebuild" process...

Quote: Originally Posted by Vocalpoint

How to do you guys handle a complete ground up rebuild when faced with a drive full of stuff that you want to retain in the exact same structure as a prior build?

I've never had the permissions issue to which you refer.

Having said that, I don't get cute with data and try to just use multiple simple backups. Like you, I disconnect and then re-connect.

I have played with Robocopy, but it is such a powerful tool that I'm afraid of it since I'm not an expert with it and don't really need it.

I tend to make backups with 2 methods: ordinary drag and drop with a mouse and semi-automated backup with an application designed to back up while maintaining my folder structure (I use FreeFileSync).

Imaging is also a possibility, although I use it only for OS drives. I use Macrium Reflect Free Edition.

I'd just grit my teeth and use tried and true traditional methods for data backup. It's not like you rebuild every month and have to go through this constantly. I don't know enough about the permissions issue to tell you how to avoid that, but I'd rather fight that after the fact than do something exotic in an attempt to avoid permissions issues and then end up in a jam (lost data?).

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/377864-walk-me-through-your-rebuild-process.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Not sure if anyone's reported this yet, but I did a clean install of 7077 on my backup computer and anytime I start an application download and select "run" from the download menu, it downloads the program but will not start it, I have to go back and save the file, and run the .exe from there.

Anyone else run into this and found a fix?

A:Can't install programs from "run" DL option in 7077

That's a strange 1. I've not had that issue with any build. Sorry, can't help you out there, hopefully someone can though

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/6880-cant-install-programs-run-dl-option-7077-a.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi Everyone Hoping I can get some insight from you all on this issue Partlist Intel Core i - K EVGA GeForce GTX Corsair Air - System Build - PCPartPicker I have a fresh install of Windows "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" "ntoskrnl.exe" / Win 10 & Skylake New Pro on Build BSOD Pro on brand new hardware literally assembled yesterday I keep getting either a BSOD Diablo III gives me a BSOD so does staying remote desktop-ed into my local server or Chrome browser crashes Every single BSOD is the same error stated in the title quot IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL quot quot ntoskrnl exe quot As I was typing this post I got one BSOD for quot Memory BSOD on New Skylake Win 10 Pro Build & "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" / "ntoskrnl.exe" Management quot - guessing a memory leak or something I have already compiled completed both attached and linked PERFMON which seems to be abysmal considering my hardware https dl dropboxusercontent com u N Report BSOD on New Skylake Win 10 Pro Build & "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" / "ntoskrnl.exe" rar Sysnative https dl dropboxusercontent BSOD on New Skylake Win 10 Pro Build & "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" / "ntoskrnl.exe" com u lectionApp zip MemTest errors both on stock and OC ram - Mobo wants to recognize my ddr as so I tested both at and with XMP enabled at with adjusted voltage etc Still after hours zero mem issues https dl dropboxusercontent com u MemTest log BlueScreenView Logs https dl dropboxusercontent com u report html Anything else you think you might need as I grab data Thoughts So Far Right now I think I have eliminated the bad memory possibility with the memtest results but not sure that's hours running and zero errors gives me some confidence there I also double checked my Mobo user guide for the Memory compatibility I don't think it's a Mobo issue My last guess is a software driver issue I updated all my drivers from the Asus Maximus VIII Gene site for chipset etc When I check Device Manager nothing shows a missing or outdated driver I used NVIDIA Geforce Experience to update my GPU drivers Everything appears to be current Thanks for looking into this everyone I greatly appreciate any insight here

A:BSOD on New Skylake Win 10 Pro Build & "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" / "ntoskrnl.exe"

* [Driver Verifier Results](https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...20verifier.txt)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-on-new-skylake-win-10-pro-build-and-irql_not_less_or_equal-ntoskrnl-exe-1042929.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I'm tearing my hair out !
(And there's not that much of it.)

I have a set of laptops (used in a school classroom). They connect to the LAN via wireless .. or, at least, they used to.

Specifically: Toshiba SP2100 with D-Link AirPlus G+ wireless PCMCIA cards.

After trying many, many things:

- Boot SP2100 from XP CD (SP2)
- Don't fix any of the driver issues
- Plug wireless card in
- Cancel plug&play
- Install correct driver with d/loaded Setup_v204.exe
- WZC managing wireless connection
- Sees wireless network (WEP) but
- Won't connect automatically (after setup wizard)
- Won't connect manually
BUT ..
- Boot into "safe mode with networking" and wireless works faultlessly

I've got to be missing something really simple.
Please, please can anyone tell me what it is ?

Thanks !

A:Solved: Laptop wireless networking only works in "safe mode with networking"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-wireless-networking-only-works-in-safe-mode-with-networking.767783/
Relevancy 81.7%

In Windows XP, fully updated, I have several folders full of mp3's and want to see the bit rate and duration. I right click on a column heading and select "Bit rate". I then click on "More..." so I can get to "Duration", and I select that one too.

But all the figures in the "Duration" column appear to be in "hours" and "minutes", so I see "00:04" or "00:03", but what I want is "minutes" and "seconds".

Any thoughts as to how to change this?

A:Solved: Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes.693037/
Relevancy 80.84%

I am running Windows XP SP fully updated on an Acer Explorer Column Windows no "Minutes" "Seconds", "Hours" just "Duration" - and lap top PC I have several folders full of mp 's and want to Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" see the bit rate and Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" duration To Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" do this I right click on a column heading and select quot Bit rate quot I then click on quot More quot so I can get to quot Duration quot and I select that one too The two new columns appear but the format of the quot Duration quot column appears to be quot hours minutes quot so I see quot quot or quot quot for most mp 's when what I want to see is 'hours minutes seconds quot e g quot quot This also happens for video files avi files e g all my episodes of quot Heroes quot sad I know have a duration of quot quot instead of quot xx quot Here are two pictures showing the problem with the mp 's The first is of Explorer showing the Duration as quot Hours Minutes quot The second picture is of the properties window of the first mp in the list above I copied some mp files to another old PC on my home network and it displayed the duration field correctly Also the properties window correctly shows the duration also I'm not the only person to have this problem I received a private message from a member of another forum where I posted about this problem several weeks ago That person also has the same problem with the duration field The tech guys on that forum were unable to find the source of the duration field problem But after I had such a great success on this forum with my hard disk problem here I decided to try to get help here Thanks in advance for any suggestions

A:Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

* bump *

Tricky, this one!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes-253928.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi all Just a couple of points Both x- bit versions W build -- OK W build -- few glitches install had to Vs 7077 Build x-64 better 7077 anyone. 7100 for me uninstall some pre-existing drivers on quot Upgrade quot before it would install -- and you've guessed it -- couldn't re-install the drivers again On quot New install quot drivers wouldn't install in Build 7100 Vs 7077 x-64 anyone. 7077 better for me any way --even in compatability mode some rd party apps ran fine in build but quot Crap out quot in NET is totally hosed and bollixed up in -- hopefully this will be fixed by RTM Cannot install ANY Net apps -- worked fine in rd party TV application doesn't run AT all in -- I NEED this for viewing composite video -- WMC is fine for normal TV viewing Performance wise both builds seem OK However if this is RC Build 7100 Vs 7077 x-64 anyone. 7077 better for me it seems a couple of steps backwards from build as far as installability and compatability are concerned I'll leave it for a little while longer but my gut feel currently is to revert back to build until some fixes or quot Service packs quot come out Cheers jimbo

A:Build 7100 Vs 7077 x-64 anyone. 7077 better for me

cllean install?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/8058-build-7100-vs-7077-x-64-anyone-7077-better-me.html
Relevancy 76.97%

My office just upgraded and I can no longer use Windows XP On this system I was able to add a separate taskbar to facilitate quick access to commonly-browsed folder locations on our vast network and another one expedited the launching of useful programs and lists Each task on each taskbar was represented with a big custom icon to save eye strain I had them installed in opposite vertical margins and they "Launchpads", to "Toolbars" for "Docks" (MSese "TASKBARS" NOT add Need were set on auto-hide to keep them out of the way when not being used Just move your mouse pointer to the left or right margin and BAM Sorry for the cliche but I really got used to the convenience of what I had set up and I just don't think I Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars" can be as efficient without anything comparable Now there appears to be nothing comparable in the Windows GUI and it's making me sick with rage I see only the option to put a quot toolbar quot on an existing quot taskbar quot and no option to create any additional taskbars This cramps up your one-and-only taskbar plus the tiny toolbar access buttons require way too much precision for anything that's supposed to be quick When you've figured out how to bring up that ridiculous button the list that it yields is small enough to cause painful eyestrain - nothing efficient much less cool about this at all I have seen customization options in other OS GUIs that may have resolved some of these issues but I see none such in W I have tried every google search string that I can think of and found no answer that deals with anything other than adding that stupid toolbar to the only taskbar that Microsoft will allow you in W So If I'm wrong and have missed some options how do I access them Otherwise I'm hoping there are developers who know what I am talking about and have software to enable the creation of separate taskbars launchpads Can anybody help with either

A:Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars"

Several possibilities here: Second taskbar in windows7? [Solved] - Windows 7 - Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/306313-need-add-taskbars-msese-launchpads-docks-not-toolbars.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi,

When our website users click on an html attachment embedded on a web-page in IE9, the download manager will not display the "Open" option. It will only display "Save" and "Cancel" which our users don't like, having to save the
html document in a folder to open it. Whereas, when downloading attachments like pdf, word etc. all three options are displayed. 

Is there any setting to tweak , which will display all the 3 options for HTML attachments as well?

A:IE9 download manager will not display "Open" option (only "Save" and "Cancel" is displayed) for downloading HTML documents.

Hi,
As you know, the Open-Save-Cancel dialog box helps you prevent your computer from affecting by virus while downloading. 
So I suggest you test to reset all zones to a lower level temporarily and then please attempt to download this html attachment again.

However, since you can normally download the other documents, I suspect there is some restriction in the website which you are trying to view. I recommend you to contact the administrator of that website if possible.
could you please send me the link of the website from where you are trying to download the html attachment?
Thanks!

We
are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this
interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3094ac49-8d49-4a60-a7cf-fb12c823e500/ie9-download-manager-will-not-display-quotopenquot-option-only-quotsavequot-and?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 76.54%

I am infected with this crap and have used the following tools to try to get rid of it Windows Defender Unible PowerSuite SpeedUpMyPC Registry Booster amp Spyware Protector and Norton's - "Error Worm-Popups-The Icons Netsky Cleaner" Protector" "Spyware..." Three "Privacy One Button Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." Checkup and WinDoctor Not sure if it's related but my DISPLAY is locked at X Atempted the Step Process before posting and Panda ActiveScan froze and crashed after scanning files but not before identifying spyware files Here's my extra txt log from Deckard's Deckard's System Scanner v Extra logfile - please post Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." this as an attachment with your post -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Information ---------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition build SP Architecture X Language English CPU Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Percentage of Memory in Use Physical Memory total avail MiB MiB Pagefile Memory total avail MiB MiB Virtual Memory total avail MiB MiB A is Removable No Media C is Fixed NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM CDFS PHYSICALDRIVE - ST A - GiB - partition PARTITION - Unknown - MiB PARTITION bootable - Installable File System - GiB - C -- Security Center ------------------------------------------------------------- AUOptions is scheduled to auto-install Windows Internal Firewall is disabled AntiVirusDisableNotify is set FirewallDisableNotify is set FW Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation AV Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy DomainProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy StandardProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE Enabled LEXPPS EXE quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe Enabled LimeWire quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe Enabled Yahoo Messenger quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe Enabled Yahoo FT Server quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe Enabled Windows Messenger quot quot C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohCli... Read more

A:Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..."

Bump.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/netsky-worm-popups-the-three-icons-error-cleaner-privacy-protector-spyware-207223.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has report viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" Whole Solved: (PLEASE computer .. event have anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R GM Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc FF HWPLLB CN S Antivirus McAfee VirusScan Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Disable nbsp

A:Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please.981934/
Relevancy 76.11%

I double-click and get "search" instead of "open"--only when I click a disk, like Hard Drive C: or Floppy A: or CD F: and so on.

It didn't used to do this, so I must've inadvertently changed some setting somewhere, but darned if I can find it now.

Any ideas?

A:Solved: On the "my computer" list, I double-click on disks and get "search" instead of "open"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-on-the-my-computer-list-i-double-click-on-disks-and-get-search-instead-of-open.407035/
Relevancy 75.25%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music report (PLEASE event have HELP) Whole .. viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" computer and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP) drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP)

**(DONT KNOW IF THIS WILL HELP..)***

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2250 @ 1.73GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 502 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family, 224 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 39723 MB, Free - 23484 MB; D: Total - 12684 MB, Free - 3633 MB;

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please-help.981932/
Relevancy 75.25%

ok!!!!!!!!!! what is it and how do i fix it,,,, eyes crossed knees woobly help?????????????????????

A:[Solved] mplay32.exe,1"/play/close"%L"." and sndrec32.exe"%L"."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-mplay32-exe-1-play-close-l-and-sndrec32-exe-l.197498/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi all So I'm kind of stuck I currently have the problem where I am in an endless cycle of quot loading files quot - gt quot Windows Boot Manager quot see How To Boot Into Safe Mode On Windows The Easy Way I have tried to load all of the options -- and none successfully load I also end up at a OneKey Recovery as well unfortunately the laptop does not have initial backup or user backup Manager" -> files Boot ..." "Loading "OneKey" "Windows -> images I have a Windows CD for repairing purposes however I cannot load the BIOS UEFI to change "Loading files ..." -> "Windows Boot Manager" -> "OneKey" the boot order to load the optical drives first I have also tried to remove the CMOS battery to fix it did not work Also - Windows "Loading files ..." -> "Windows Boot Manager" -> "OneKey" Boot Manager Windows Setup EMS Enabled -- does not load properly leads to OneKey Recovery Safe Mode does not load properly Safe Mode with Networking does not load properly Safe Mode with Command Prompt doesn't load - tries to boot and load all files onto partition that is too small can't change partition Enable Boot Logging Enable Low-Resolution Video Debugging MOde Disable automatic restart on system failure Disable Driver Signature Enforcement Display Early Launch Anti-Malware Driver Start Windows Normally Any ideas would be greatly appreciated Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55670-loading-files-windows-boot-manager-onekey.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I am using Windows 7 on my laptop and I have question about when to use "Home", "Work" and "Public" profile.

If I am logging in without setting password, and I am logging in network with "Public" profile, then will any other user, who can see my computer, be able to enter my computer and check the contents on my computer ?

I am connecting to a network and there are 6 other users connected to this network. In the set network location window, if I select the netwoek as "Home", does it mean that other 6 users will not be able to see my computer on network and if I use "Public", then all other six users will be able to see my computer on network ?

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/when-to-use-home-work-or-public-profile-while-connecting-to-network-478413.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Ok so I'm using a custom visual style made by another user however I don't really like the buttons used that I mentioned Changing of "minimize" buttons a theme and "close" "maximize" the above The creator states it is acceptable to change the theme to however you like Changing the "minimize" "maximize" and "close" buttons of a theme as long as you don't redistribute it anywhere Ok so I opened up the msstyles file using Restorator located in the theme folder of this VS I went into the images directory and located what seems Changing the "minimize" "maximize" and "close" buttons of a theme to be the images used for the buttons Intuitively it seems like it would make sense to replace those images with different ones perhaps from another visual style and it should change them However would this actually work Could the theme get messed up in some other way like proportions or something if the new button images are smaller I don't know of any other way to change them that would be easy But I did run into another problem For some visual styles I can't even locate those buttons in the images directory Where else would they be

A:Changing the "minimize" "maximize" and "close" buttons of a theme

Use Windows Style Builder to do that...

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/200947-changing-minimize-maximize-close-buttons-theme.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello guys the last week I ve been strugling with these nasty BSODs At first I thought it was my HDDs as ntoskrn exe somewhat hinted towards that from googling it My HDDs have been causing a lot of trouble earlier as well due "ntoskrnl.exe" header", BSOD management", pool "Bad "Memory - to their somewhat long years of service However I ve recently reformated my computer and installed W on a brand new Corsair Force GT GB SSD hoping the BSODs would go away they didn t I googled BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" BSOD and I stumbled upon this forum and I thought I d give it a try I m somewhat desperate as I need my computer working for both work school and amusement I ve been trying to run Memtest in order to test my memory BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" but without any results I m also currently running on only on GB chip instead BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" of two to see if the problem still exists Also without any results This is the second time I m writing this thread btw I was just about to post it and my PC crashed Here is my two logs dxdiag last crash didn t generate a log oddly enough Here is additional hardware gear that I use Razer Megalodon Headset Razer Naga Logitech G Logitech C Webcam Corsair W PSU My temperatures are also good Both CPU and MB idles at around GPU s all good too I m also using a Corsair D chassi with dustfilters at both air-income so dust is minimal On top off this I use airpressure to clean away dust somewhat regularly and I also did exactly this days ago when I reinstalled the pc Thanks in advance nbsp

A:BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe"

Are you over-clocking? Is the bios set to its defaults? Is the SSD set on a SATA 3 port in AHCI mode?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-memory-management-bad-pool-header-ntoskrnl-exe.182278/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi everyone!

Yesterday my HP laptop (Windows 7) started getting BSOD with various types of errors (mostly "STOP: 0x00000F4", "STOP: 0x0000007A", "c00021a" and one "missing %hs, c0000135"). Most of the time it restarts without any issues and works fine right after the BSOD and then an hour or two later I get a BSOD again.

I have tried restoring to Last Known Good Configuration, startup repair, hard disk check, virus scans and I also uninstalled any recently added programs I could think of and cleared up more than 50% of my hard disk space. None of these seem to have helped and I still get BSOD regularly.

I have attached the folder from the SF Diagnostic Tool and would appreciate any advice!
Thank you!

A:BSOD every few hours: mostly "STOP: 0x00000F4", "c00021a" & "c0000135"

Welcome to the forum.

MSINFO32:
Please go to Start and type in "msinfo32.exe" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Save the report as an .nfo file, then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Also, save a copy as a .txt file and include it also (it's much more difficult to read, but we have greater success in getting the info from it).
------------------------
Upload a screenshot using: CrystalDiskInfo For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here
Test your Hard Drive(s) by running: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure
------------------------
Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+: RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Tip
Pay close attention to Part 3 of the tutorial "If you have errors"
Test the RAM with Memtest86+ for at least 7-10 passes. It may take up to 22 passes to find problems. Make sure to run it once after the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then also run it again when the system has been off for a few hours and is cold.

------------------------
Monitor hardware temperature with system monitoring software like Speccy or HWMonitor. Upload a screen shot of the Summary tab as well:Piriform - Speccy
CPUID - HWMonitor
For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, 87a2e968, 87a2ead4, 83a55cf0}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, 87a7bd40, 87a7beac, 83a1fcf0}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/307397-bsod-every-few-hours-mostly-stop-0x00000f4-c00021a-c0000135.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Example sentence: vrytim I prss ths kys, nothing happns. Now I'm writing with my on-sreen keyboard. I'm clueless when it comes to computer stuff. How do I fix this? Is this a software problem, or a hardware problem?Help is much appreciated!

A:Kyboard deos not respond to the keys: "e", "d", "c" and "3"

My keyboard hath the thame problem with the thupid eth key. The blathted thing ith driving me nutth.

All theriousneth...er...seriousness aside, usually, that is a hardware problem. Can you find or borrow another keyboard and see if it will work correctly on your machine?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/311639-kyboard-deos-not-respond-keys-e-d-c-3-a.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello I ve set up home networking on three computers all connected to a nat router at home All is well except for an oddity in quot computers" workgroup networking Win xp home "View question Solved: My network places quot My workgroup is named Franklin and in this workgroup there are computers named Big Lan Lan For some reason Big Solved: Win xp home networking question "View workgroup computers" Lan and Lan computers can not see Lan Solved: Win xp home networking question "View workgroup computers" s icon in the Franklin workgroup Even stranger in Lan s quot My network Places quot I can see all of Lan s shared files but quot Big quot pc cannot In other words when I go to Lan and look in the franklin workgroup it does not list itself like the other two computers do Yet also I can manually share lan s files with Big by typing in the path LAN then it works Lan has always been able to pull lan s files ok its just that the icon doesnt show for lan in quot View workgroup computers quot on all three computers this is the main issue Can you help me figure out a way for Lan to show in the quot view workgroup computers quot area on all three pc s Thanks Tate nbsp

A:Solved: Win xp home networking question "View workgroup computers"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-win-xp-home-networking-question-view-workgroup-computers.361837/
Relevancy 73.1%

I apologize but having searched other threads on the same subject and having no luck I think I need to describe my problem specifically.

I had a hard drive failure so just fitted a new WD internal drive to my desktop and freshly installed Win 7 Pro, 64Bit. It can't connect to a network and states "Windows did not detect any Networking Hardware". I've looked in the system info and can seeWAN Miniport (SSTP) listed among other things under network adapter. Is one of them it? It seems to have an associated driver listed but it's obviously not working.

I've spent the last two hours at least searching for an answer to this but hope someone here can now help. I have access to the internet using my Win 8 laptop (using it now to write this).

If you need more information on the system please let me know and I'll supply what I can.

Thanks for any help.

Les

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/396552-windows-did-not-detect-any-networking-hardware-after-new-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 73.1%

This is the third time I'm trying to issue networking Username 7 and/or "Invalid - Password" Windows make this post This is absurd What do you have only a minute before you get timed out This time I saved it to notepad so I Windows 7 networking issue - "Invalid Username and/or Password" can paste it I just wrote out about paragraphs only to have it all lost because this site had logged me out before I could submit it Just another frustration Well I'm not going to sit here and type everything out again Took me forever So I'm just going to sum it up I keep having the same issue when trying to share data on a Windows network It's beyond frustrating In my opinion Windows network is unintuitive and broken Today I had to replace two computers on a clients network It's a simple small business network where I'm just using a normal computer running Windows to share some data The problem is that sometimes at random a computer will not connect to the share It will tell me that I have the wrong username and password when the share doesn't require a username or password I made two identical computers that were set up the exact same way The first time they both connected to the share just fine I was shocked and happy as I almost always have the issue I'm describing However I ended up having to reformat one of the machines and set it back up again I did so the exact same way This time it won't connect to the network share It prompts me for a username and password and no matter what I put it will not let me connect I have been having this issue for a long time here and there and have never been able to fix it without reformatting the machine I have tried countless suggestions but nothing ever works Once it does this I have always had to reformat I do not understand how it could work and then a couple hours later it won't after a format The hardware hasn't changed and the settings haven't changed I have been through the policies through the advanced sharing settings and the network settings and everything is identical to the machine that will connect with no problem How can this be Can anyone think of a way to get this thing to connect without having to reformat it until it randomly works Thank you for your time

A:Windows 7 networking issue - "Invalid Username and/or Password"

Home Network, Wireless Network and Computer Networking Made Easy
http://www.home-network-help.com/

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/303116-windows-7-networking-issue-invalid-username-password.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I wanted a clean slate for my computer so I reinstalled Windows not upgrade i used custom with just the disc any "Windows help Hardware" detect not Networking did drivers finding It's a custom built PC that my friend generously gave to me so I didn't have any manufacturers disc to work with Anyway it's always had an Internet connection through a wired connection and after it finished booting it wouldn't let "Windows did not detect any Networking Hardware" help finding drivers me connect to the net even "Windows did not detect any Networking Hardware" help finding drivers with the ethernet cord plugged in I quickly realized something must have happened to the driver in the process of reinstalling and now I need to find the drivers to install them onto my computer again but I have no clue where to find them I've already tried uninstalling the drivers and then scanning for hardware changes to get them to reinstall but it did not work It still says there are issues I also can't use Windows Update since well I can't connect "Windows did not detect any Networking Hardware" help finding drivers to the net When I go to Devices and Printers I see a By my comp name I try to troubleshoot but it says my Universal Serial Bus Controller doesn't have a driver and my Ethernet Controller doesn't have a driver Here is a text file Try to find quot Problem Devices quot in the text file that may help on the text file I've attached with my system info let me know if you guys need any more info I'd really appreciate any help on what drivers to get and or how to fix this issue

A:"Windows did not detect any Networking Hardware" help finding drivers

Welcome to the Seven Forums Fissionmailedgf.

Please fill up your System Specs to the extent you can for more meaningful help. That said the information that you have furnished says "Ethernet Controller OK". Therefore Ethernet Controller is there. Kindly open the Device Manager and check the status of the Ethernet Controller and if properly installed then name of the Network Adapter that is installed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/245686-windows-did-not-detect-any-networking-hardware-help-finding-drivers.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Yes this old chestnut Please please please can anyone help before I throw the PC out the window We have a wireless network at home All our laptops games consoles and the iPad connect absolutely fine We have a Dell desktop with a Dell wireless card running Vista - "Identifying... Wireless (Public Solved: Networking Network)" that won t Until we moved house in August the Dell PC was absolutely fine We moved stayed with Sky Broadband but got a new router We ve had a connection problem intermittently and now it s become Solved: Wireless Networking - "Identifying... (Public Network)" permanent It connects to the network but not the Internet Access Local Only In the Network and Sharing Centre it says quot Identifying Public Network quot It s NOT a public network I ve googled and it seems the problemm is common I tried the Microsoft fix from KB but it made no difference Sometimes until the last couple of days if we just left the computer for an hour or so it would then randomnly connect itself to the internet One question - could it be range The desktop is located upstairs and the router is downstairs The laptops are fine upstairs but could a weak signal cause this problem IPCONFIG is shown below Any ideas Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Allens Solved: Wireless Networking - "Identifying... (Public Network)" gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Allens-Home Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless Draft n WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - - B-B - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d e f c b Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - C- - - - A- - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Realtek RTL C P C P Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - - - A- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap home Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A CDA -F C - B C- A A-C C br C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A CDA -F C - B C- A A-C C br C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A CDA -F C - B C- A A-C C br C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A - - D-B - A EEF br C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Solved: Wireless Networking - "Identifying... (Public Network)"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-networking-identifying-public-network.959437/
Relevancy 73.1%

for some reason my home network has stopped working I set it up myself as i m kind of a computer geek but for some weird reason it has stopped workin since yesterday heres the deal i have two computers one upstairs one downstairs DSL with LynkSys router the router is upstairs connected with a cable to the pc upstairs and wirelessly to the pc downstairs i had it set up timeout period expired" on semaphore help networking "the home has so i can access my music files which are downstairs up here the computer upstairs is really old runing xp however but no SP or anything the pc downstairs is new "the semaphore timeout period has expired" help on home networking with XP SP etc and it all worked fine til yesterday when i got that error while tryin "the semaphore timeout period has expired" help on home networking to access my music folder it wont let me connect to the pc downstairs from here but when i go downstairs i can still access the pc upstairs ive tested this because i have REALVNC on both pcs "the semaphore timeout period has expired" help on home networking and i can access the one upstairs from downstairs but not the one downstairs from upstairs as i used to be able to a week ago if u need any more info please ask but i think ive posted all u guys need to kno i just want to listen to my music agian - the computer upstairs doesnt have enough memory to hold all the files thats why the music is downstairs thank you in advance nbsp

A:"the semaphore timeout period has expired" help on home networking

anyone?? i can ping the pc downstairs and alll....but idk why i cant share the files

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-semaphore-timeout-period-has-expired-help-on-home-networking.434377/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi

A few days ago I did a new hardware build and installed W7 64 ultimate. I included a Corsair SSD as my boot drive for the speed advantage.

I have done some investigation and tried to track down the cause of the BSOD but to no avail. Currently they are happening once\ twice or more a day but very erratic so have no confidence in the system at the moment.

I have uploaded dumps of recent crashes in the hope someone here can help.

Anything would be appreciated. Thanks.

A:random BSODs with new build - error related to "ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40"?

Run a RAM test RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Stop any Overclocking if any.

Remove any Avast software, use MSE instead.
Uninstall Asus PC Probe, Smart Doctor, Asus update or any other Asus utilities.

Are you using any old(pre-Vista) software that might not be 64-bit compatible?

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION (109)
This bugcheck is generated when the kernel detects that critical kernel code or
data have been corrupted. There are generally three causes for a corruption:
1) A driver has inadvertently or deliberately modified critical kernel code
or data. See http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/driver/kernel/64bitPatching.mspx
2) A developer attempted to set a normal kernel breakpoint using a kernel
debugger that was not attached when the system was booted. Normal breakpoints,
"bp", can only be set if the debugger is attached at boot time. Hardware
breakpoints, "ba", can be set at any time.
3) A hardware corruption occurred, e.g. failing RAM holding kernel code or data.
Arguments:
Arg1: a3a039d89c614680, Reserved
Arg2: b3b7465eeede15d6, Reserved
Arg3: fffff80001dfe036, Failure type dependent information
Arg4: 0000000000000001, Type of corrupted region, can be
0 : A generic data region
1 : Modification of a function or .pdata
2 : A processor IDT
3 : A processor GDT
4 : Type 1 process list corruption
5 : Type 2 process list corruption
6 : Debug routine modification
7 : Critical MSR modification

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x109

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: CODE_CORRUPTION

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 0000000000000000 to fffff80001cd0c40

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`021c45d8 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000109 a3a039d8`9c614680 b3b7465e`eede15d6 fffff800`01dfe036 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
STACK_COMMAND: kb

CHKIMG_EXTENSION: !chkimg -lo 50 -d !nt
fffff80001dfe44d - nt!ExDeferredFreePool+9ed
[ 40:00 ]
1 error : !nt (fffff80001dfe44d)

MODULE_NAME: memory_corruption

IMAGE_NAME: memory_corruption

FOLLOWUP_NAME: memory_corruption

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

MEMORY_CORRUPTOR: ONE_BIT

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_MEMORY_CORRUPTION_ONE_BIT

BUCKET_ID: X64_MEMORY_CORRUPTION_ONE_BIT

Followup: memory_corruption
---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/202579-random-bsods-new-build-error-related-ntoskrnl-exe-7cc40.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Just completed my first build I have after message on found" & build new drives Error install up boot "No two error messages during the boot sequence that I cannot resolve The first screen shot during boot is the Asus logo Next is a black screen that reads quot Error message "No drives found" on boot up after new build & install JMicron Technologies PCI Express to SATA Host Controller ROM V Detecting drives Done Error message "No drives found" on boot up after new build & install No drives found quot next up is another black screen that reads quot Marvel SE XX Adapter BIOS version Initializing No drives present PCIe X GB p s Mode CPU AHCI quot It then proceeds to boot up Win with no apparent problems The SSD is hooked up to the SATA G port Nothing is hooked into the SATA E or E ports In the BIOS under the SATA menu I have the mode set to AHCI SATA G Gray is quot not present quot and the hot plug quot disabled quot SATA G Gray shows M -CT M SSD GB and hot plug is quot enabled quot SATA G Blue is quot ATAPI iHAS B ATAPI quot and hot plug is quot enabled quot The SATA E SATA E ports are quot not present quot and quot disabled quot Under the Boot menu Boot Option Priorities is set to P M -CT M SSD GB is set to P ATAPI iHAS B ATAPI CD DVD Rom Drive has an expandable arrow which shows when clicked Boot Option ATAPI iHAS B ATAPI Hard Drive BBS Priorities is expandable to show quot Boot Option M -CT M SSD GB Build Specs OS Windows Professional x SP MOBO ASUS P P Deluxe BIOS Version x CPU Intel i - k RAM GB X Ballistix -pin DIMM SSD GB Crucial m quot HDD none ODD Lite-On LightScribe X SATA DVD -RW Dual Layer Drive IHAS - VIDEO NVIDIA Quadro NVS PSU Antec EA- D I hope that is enough information to help someone diagnose the error messages and I greatly appreciate any suggestions and advice

A:Error message "No drives found" on boot up after new build & install

Unplug it from SATA 6 G_2 & plug it into SATA 3G. The Marvell driver / port is pretty much useless anyway.

Bootup & see if that gets you in. If not you can always reverse it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/206000-error-message-no-drives-found-boot-up-after-new-build-install.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi all I just finished updating Windows Ultimate on my studio computer labeled studio in my systems if you wish to see all specs and when I went to reboot it it displayed the error message quot PLEASE REBOOT AND SELECT PROPER BOOT DEVICE quot So immediately I thought I must have the boot order wrong or the hard disc set to RAID or something Error: new "Please reboot select and media" build on proper boot What I ve done so far Tried to play with BIOS settings and SATA connections in every possible configuration - NO RESULT Tried to boot from Win disc in order to repair - got same message even when hard disc disconnected Took out one stick of RAM and tried both in both Error: "Please reboot and select proper boot media" on new build slots - NO RESULT Checked all cabling and recabled entire system from ground up - NO RESULT Swapped out motherboard with a completely different brand new motherboard the MSi GTM-E - NO RESULT Repeated steps - with new motherboard - NO RESULT Checked hard drive multiple times and even booted from it attached to my MAIN computer Error: "Please reboot and select proper boot media" on new build s motherboard - Hard drive totally operational no result for studio computer I need serious help on this one If anyone has any advice that I have not tried please please please help It is an older hard drive but has only been used with Win nbsp

A:Error: "Please reboot and select proper boot media" on new build

Did you try running "fixmbr" or "fixboot" from the repair console? Here's a M$ support page on that: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927392

Are you saying that updating from Windows Update trashed the install?

Or, the BIOS in most new boards comes set to run as IDE. Have you tried setting the HDD to "AHCH". (I think that would be called directly, "SATA" in an AMD based board).

Plan "B" always involves trying to boot from a Linux CD to attempt to access and copy your data files, before a drastic measure like zeroing out the drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-please-reboot-and-select-proper-boot-media-on-new-build.168941/
Relevancy 73.1%

Every time I log into windows (build 7000) I always see this in the corner of my task bar

No matter what i do I cannot get it to stop appearing. I have tried clicking on it and when it goes to bring up a window the window doesn't load and just freezes showing me a blank white window. When I put a disc in and then restart my computer I then click on this bubble and it starts to reformat my disc for me so I can burn whatever it is that is waiting, but instead it freezes telling me it is not responding.

Can anyone help me?

A:Build 7000 "files waiting to be burned to disc" problem...

Hello Element4life3,

This will help show you how to get rid of this message.

You have files waiting to be burned to disc - Stop Message

Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/5730-build-7000-files-waiting-burned-disc-problem.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello I am very excited to start using the first computer I have ever built and I have gotten to the BIOS setting so I was hopeful However after checking that the system booted from the new message image "Bootmgr System build can not boot." corrupt. is on CD DVD drive and then to the hard drive I received the error message quot Bootmgr image is corrupt System can not boot quot I am installing Windows Home Premium bit on a new build I have GB of RAM an msi A X-G motherboard a gtx ti graphics card an amd x k processor and a Western Digital TB hdd This is my first time building a "Bootmgr image is corrupt. System can not boot." message on new build computer but I did research other help threads about the same message While most other threads relied on using windows startup recovery I can't do that because I don't have an operating system installed yet Other threads pointed toward having to format your hdd beforehand but I only put it in the case as is Could that have something to do with it Thank you very much for helping someone who is new to this

A:"Bootmgr image is corrupt. System can not boot." message on new build

You need to make sure you have a working Win7 install disc (check on another PC to ensure its not corrupt in some way)

You need to ensure your CD drive actually works and is plugged in correctly ie sata data and power cables tightly secured

Ensure BIOS boots to CD/DVD drive first

If all the above are set correctly and in good working order, you should be able to boot from CD and start your install. I'm assuming you didn't save your BIOS settings correctly or your install disc is bad.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/342239-bootmgr-image-corrupt-system-can-not-boot-message-new-build.html
Relevancy 73.1%

i got this random error from my Windows 7 Ultimate Build 7600 32bit which i just installed to my notebook last night
the "irql_not_less_or_equal", and it randomly crashes
and here i've post the tsf and the perfmon

please check what is wrong that causes the blue screen

thank you so much

A:Win7 Build 7600 Random Blue Screen of "irql_not_less_or_equal"

2 problem devices that need drivers installed:

Code:
Ricoh Memory Stick Host Controller
Ricoh SD/MMC Host Controller
There are a lot of problems with devices in the MSINFO32.nfo file - I'd suggest checking your Device Manager for problem devices.

This many problems and BSOD's on a fresh installation usually indicates a severe hardware incompatibility. I'd suggest checking your system with the free Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...e-advisor.aspx

There are issues in the crash stack with itecir.sys (ITE Tech IR driver system driver file) - and this is confirmed by the BSOD analysis' Please update it to the latest Windows 7 version.

There are several older drivers on the system - and they should be updated to keep the system free of issues:

Code:
ATKACPI.sys Thu Dec 14 02:11:57 2006
itecir.sys Mon Mar 19 17:51:48 2007
L8042Kbd.sys Wed Apr 11 19:29:06 2007
L8042mou.Sys Wed Apr 11 19:29:04 2007
LHidFilt.Sys Wed Apr 11 19:28:19 2007
LMouFilt.Sys Wed Apr 11 19:28:23 2007
LMouKE.Sys Wed Apr 11 19:28:57 2007
Ltn_hyd7700pc.sys Fri May 18 13:33:52 2007
LUsbFilt.Sys Wed Apr 11 19:28:25 2007
rixdptsk.sys Tue Nov 14 20:35:19 2006
sncduvc.SYS Wed Dec 27 22:21:50 2006
snp2uvc.sys Thu Mar 29 23:30:00 2007
Here's the summary of the BSOD's:

Code:
Built by: 7600.16385.x86fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Debug session time: Mon Nov 23 20:52:58.699 2009 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:02:36.541
BugCheck A, {8e20ba24, 2, 1, 82c948d4}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for itecir.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for itecir.sys
Probably caused by : itecir.sys ( itecir+3f76 )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Debug session time: Mon Nov 23 19:58:38.568 2009 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:44.410
BugCheck A, {82392fb4, 2, 1, 82c4f8d4}
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Debug session time: Mon Nov 23 13:21:12.157 2009 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:07:34.999
BugCheck A, {9009e774, 2, 1, 82c598d4}
PROCESS_NAME: firefox.exe
Debug session time: Mon Nov 23 13:13:01.610 2009 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:03:04.451
BugCheck A, {8e770254, 2, 1, 82c938d4}

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/win7-build-7600-random-blue-screen-of-irql_not_less_or_equal-434729.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Having all kinds of Windows 10 issues:

Windows Update not working. Updates will not download - hangs at 0% or 1%.Windows Installer broken - cannot install programs or updates.Files will often not download fully.

So I'd like to take the semi-nuclear option of trying to install 14931 over 14942. Or even wipe up my SSD (Windows/Programs - Data on a spinning drive) and reinstall Windows/Apps from scratch.

Thoughts??

A:Can I downgrade from Insider Preview Build 14942 to "regular" 14931??

Originally Posted by LarryinNJ

Having all kinds of Windows 10 issues:

Windows Update not working. Updates will not download - hangs at 0% or 1%.Windows Installer broken - cannot install programs or updates.Files will often not download fully.

So I'd like to take the semi-nuclear option of trying to install 14931 over 14942. Or even wipe up my SSD (Windows/Programs - Data on a spinning drive) and reinstall Windows/Apps from scratch.

Thoughts??

Try this - look for hidden install.esd and copy elsewhere.

Convert to iso using

ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File - Windows 10 Forums

Double click on iso and run setup.exe to do a repair upgrade.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/68199-can-i-downgrade-insider-preview-build-14942-regular-14931-a.html
Relevancy 73.1%

The other day after doing a windows update my driver for my keyboard was deleted. Then a few days later I got the error that my copy of Windows 7 is not genuine. My device manager is also empty so I am unable to connect to the internet. I have tried several fixes listed here with no positive results. Please help!! I work from home on this computer and need it desperately.

A:"Windows 7 Build 7601...not genuine" and device manger is empty.

Hi please see the 3rd post here Windows 7 Build 7601 This copy of Windows is not Genuine

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-build-7601-not-genuine-and-device-manger-is-empty-702421.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I installed a few freeware programs and just noticed this in the lower right hand corner of my desktop. I would like to know what that is and how to get rid of it.

A:How to eliminate "Test Mode, Windows 7 Build 7601" from desktop

Google provides several possibilities for removing this: test mode windows 7 build 7601 remove

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/212697-how-eliminate-test-mode-windows-7-build-7601-desktop.html
Relevancy 73.1%

hey all

im selecting parts for my upcoming computer build ...

and i was wondering if a ATI Radeon HD 4870 is overkill for a 19inch LCD/HD monitor
My build so far...
AMD PHENOM™ II X4 945 (3.0GHz) 8MB CACHE (Socket AM3)
4GB CORSAIR XMS3 DDR3 1333MHz
ASUS® M4A78T-E: AM3, DUAL DDR3, S-ATA II, 2 x PCI-E x 16, 2 x PCI
500GB SERIAL ATA 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE WITH 8MB CACHE (7,200rpm)
1GB ATI RADEON™ HD 4870 PCI EXPRESS
Around 600W PSU - havent decided on make
ASUS TRITON 81 PURE COPPER BASE ULTRA COOLER
COOLERMASTER HAF 932 FULL TOWER BLACK GAMING PC CASE

and a 19inch widescreen 1440x900 monitor...
thanks for your time

Relevancy 73.1%

Hi

Seems to have recently happened for no reason.
Fast Boot is live in Bios and Power Options,
Hibernate has not been disabled.
Boots normally from cold.
USB lighting options showing on 1st boot from soft restart from desktop, but then goes into limbo.
Press PC reboot button ( not boot up ) and starts normally.

Please advise

http://www.tenforums.com/general-support/62093-windows-10-build-14393-103-requires-restart-button-pressed-twice.html
Relevancy 73.1%

My roommate recently put together a new computer, However, upon power up, we receive "DISK BOOT FAILURE." BIOS recognizes both the CD-Rom and the HDD correctly as SATA 0 and 1 (we've tried placing them in 1 and 2 also), but no go. We've also switched around the boot order, and no go there also. During power up the mobo says "Detecting drives: No Drives Found" or something similar for about half a second, but it's hard to read as it's fast.

Any idea what could be done to fix this? Any and all help is appreciated!

The mobo is EVGA X58 and the CD-Rom and HDD are both Samsung.

Thanks,

DSK

A:Solved: New PC build giving "DISK BOOT FAIL" on startup, help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-pc-build-giving-disk-boot-fail-on-startup-help.800563/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi, this is my first post. I have been trying to put together a computer, bought all the parts, put it all together, but when I connect it to a monitor it says "check connection." I cannot reach the BIOS screen at all...I have tried everything suggested, unplugging the RAM and just putting 1 stick in, unplugging the video card and putting it back, even tried using a different monitor. I have checked my connections over and over and can't find out what's wrong. All parts were bought brand new on Newegg. This is the first computer that I have built so I'm new..just wanted to see if I can get any help. Thanks in advance..

Details of my build:
Asus p5w DH deluxe motherboard
Intel quad core q6600 2.40ghz
Corsair Dominator 4gb DDR2 RAM (4 single)
Rosewill 550w power supply
Phillips 20x DVD+-
Seagate 500gb Harddrive

A:Monitor says "Check Connection/ No Signal" Computer Build

Forgot to add the video card: Sapphire Hd 2600 pro

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-says-check-connection-no-signal-computer-build.724802/
Relevancy 73.1%

So I just put together my new system and after a few days of messing with settings in the BIOS trying to get windows to install properly I figured its time to 2ND Hangs Windows" "Starting New Install Build, reboot make a thread System Intel i GA-X UD R x gb Patriot Viper DDR only using gb for install x gb brand new VelociRaptor x gb years old Raptor x gb New Build, Install Hangs "Starting Windows" 2ND reboot years old caviar x tb brand new caviar Geforce GTX optical drives i've tried installing on all with no success I had vista on it fine from the old raptor but i decided I'll upgrade to win put the OS on the old raptor and programs games on the new raptor in partitions Everything installs fine after disabling the floppy in the BIOS but when I get to quot Starting Windows quot on the nd reboot after completing installation is finished it just hangs The little dots all come together to make the windows logo it waves around once or twice then just stops I've left it running overnight and it doesn't budge - trust me its frozen If I boot it in safe mode it freezes at classpnp sys and after a few minutes tells me that setup is not yet complete and that I have to restart Things I've tried I'm using only gb of memory I've tried to install on both the raptor and velociraptor to test if something was wrong with the drive s disabled floppy in BIOS set hdd S M A R T compatibility to enabled set hdd mode to AHCI set all bit controllers to bit probably not necessary but i didn't think it could hurt lol copying the disk and reburning at x the slowest i can on quality verbatim media switching out various sticks of memory to ensure it wasn't a bad stick Updated BIOS ran setup from different optical drives two sata one ide searching google Possible signs of error during install I've encountered when the actual install beings it skips quot copying files quot and goes right to quot expanding files quot then hangs for about minutes before showing any progress out of the or so installs stopped prematurely saying that windows cannot install on the selected partition safe mode hangs on CLASSPNP sys for a good minutes before telling me i need to complete installation in normal mode Repair mode shows windows in the D drive why not C When I go into Startup Repair it gives me the following error that cannot be fixed automatically Quote Problem Event Name StartupRapairOffline Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature unknown Problem Signature Problem Signature ExternalMedia Problem Signature Problem Signature FailureDuringSetup OS Version Locale ID I'm just about desperate enough to buy an old PS keyboard and disable the usb keyboard mouse functionality Please help

A:New Build, Install Hangs "Starting Windows" 2ND reboot

One of the first things you might try is remove any unnecessary devices. Three optical drives might qualify for that requirement.

You might also remove the extra drives to get your system down to the basics.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/77498-new-build-install-hangs-starting-windows-2nd-reboot.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I have a problem with my laptop and I have no idea what's wrong!
I've had my eMachines laptop with Vista Home Basic (already pre-installed) for over 1 year. But yesterday all of a sudden I am getting a notice that says:: "This Copy of Windows is Not Genuine: build 6002"

The desktop wallpaper turns black all the time, and Windows thinks it isn't genuine! I bought this laptop (pre-installed with Vista Home Basic) at a large national retailer (PC World) so there is absolutely no chance this copy is fake.

I am being asked to "Activate Windows", and I have "0 days to Activate with a Product Key"

I really don't know what to do and why this is happening! Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thank you for your time

A:"This Copy of Windows is Not Genuine: build 6002" - VISTA

Hi -

Contact Microsoft for assistance --> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326851

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/this-copy-of-windows-is-not-genuine-build-6002-vista-494832.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I have a problem with my laptop and I have no idea what's wrong!
I've had my eMachines laptop with Vista Home Basic (already pre-installed) for over 1 year. But yesterday all of a sudden I am getting a notice that says:: "This Copy of Windows is Not Genuine: build 6002"

The desktop wallpaper turns black all the time, and Windows thinks it isn't genuine! I bought this laptop (pre-installed with Vista Home Basic) at a large national retailer (PC World) so there is absolutely no chance this copy is fake.

I am being asked to "Activate Windows", and I have "0 days to Activate with a Product Key"

I really don't know what to do and why this is happening! Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thank you for your time

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/this-copy-of-windows-is-not-genuine-build-6002-vista.933174/
Relevancy 73.1%

I have "Test Mode", Windows7, Build 7601 displayed in the lower right corner of my monitor screen (I did not activate it), it has been present for about 6 months.

I recently had BSOD and a corrupted Realtek driver issues that have been resolved and my PC seems to be operating normally now, don't know if these problems were related to "Test Mode"?

1. Is there any risk to my PC by leaving it in "Test Mode"?

2. If I turn "Test Mode" off and my PC becomes unbootable how would I recover from that?

3. Is there any way to find drivers on my PC that may rely on this "Test Mode"?

4. Under the circumstances, what should I do about the Test Mode" setting?

I have attached a SF Diagnostic Tool scan of my PC, hopefully it will be helpful in evaluating my questions.

Thank you for any assistance!

A:"Test Mode Windows 7 Build 7601" Displayed What Should I do About It?

Hello spin dr,

This may be able to help to remove the test mode watermark. It'll give you more information about test mode as well.

?Test Mode Windows 7 Build 7601" Watermark - Remove from Desktop

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/308098-test-mode-windows-7-build-7601-displayed-what-should-i-do-about.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi there
It seems that yet another build (7061) might hit "The usual places" soon -- this is "reputed" to be near RC1 but not near enough so this build needs testing (7061) as well.

Looks like Microsoft has quite a bit more work to do before the actual RC1 however - -- now delayed until May (at least).

Not sure what the problem is as the Beta testing seem to be going fine.

Oh well here we go again -- good practice installing and upgrading OS'es.

Source is : Windows 7 Build 7061 Out, RC-Escrow in April, RC in May 2009 - Forget Build 7057 - Softpedia

Cheers
jimbo

A:Windows latest build - 7061 "Almost" out in the wild RC1 delayed to May

i thought may only was when RC1 went public, but it goes to tap in april

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/5464-windows-latest-build-7061-almost-out-wild-rc1-delayed-may.html
Relevancy 73.1%

title says it all; just updated to 14291, and even though it appears this build is better than the last 2 "nightmares" for me, I was curious if there was an easy way to roll back to the last "official" release from where I am now.

would prefer not having to do a full wipe of everything, but if I have to, I guess I have to

thanks for any ideas!

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/44479-how-do-i-leave-insiders-program-return-official-build.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Does anyone have this card working with the 7100 build of Windows 7? If so, can you link me the driver you are using? The card worked fine for me with earlier builds if Windows 7, but not 7100, I tried a bunch of different drivers, and I can't get it working.

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/striker-7-1-audio-card-and-windows-7-7100-build.829463/
Relevancy 73.1%

I'm working on this for someone else - we have a genuine copy of Windows Pro that is coming up with this error but only about once a week does it pop up then the computer is restarted and all is ok When I ran the validation Genuine Microsoft Software I intermittently popping up "Windows genuine" 7601 not Build 7 get quot Because Windows installed on your "Windows 7 Build 7601 not genuine" intermittently popping up PC is genuine enjoy "Windows 7 Build 7601 not genuine" intermittently popping up the security reliability and protection it provides quot Yay it's genuine I am positive it is genuine in fact as it all came from Best Buy -- the computer came with Win Home and was upgraded to Pro with a key purchased from the same store Below is the "Windows 7 Build 7601 not genuine" intermittently popping up log from MGADiag -- mind you this was gathered while it's working and thinks it's valid so it might not be of any help What I can't figure out is why it will suddenly come up about once a week for the last weeks and then be gone when we reboot what am I missing Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - -XFBC -BPQPX- FFJR Windows Product Key Hash bBtLgfx U SPVa StbJ Emebns Windows Product ID - - - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type Retail Windows OS version ID CF E B - C - A C- F - A B DA Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Professional Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt CF E B - C - A C- F - A B DA lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - - FFJR lt PKey gt lt PID gt - - - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Hewlett-Packard lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt p - lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt American Megatrends Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt B F lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Central Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt HPQOEM lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt SLIC-CPC lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Software licensing service version Name Windows R Professional edition Description W... Read more

A:"Windows 7 Build 7601 not genuine" intermittently popping up

Intermittent WGA errors like this tend to be caused by race conditions, where two or more processes fight over resources.

Such things can happen where the AV (or malware) is fighting the SPPSVC and associated systems - if SPPSVC loses the fight (or at least doesn't win it within a certain amount of time), then the system gets flagged as non-genuine as it assumes that something is actively blocking it.
Usually, a reboot or two will fix it.

What AV is installed currently? What other security software is installed?
What other AV's have EVER been installed on this machine?
When was the last time you ran a full system scan with updated definitions?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/288345-windows-7-build-7601-not-genuine-intermittently-popping-up.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I've been getting the infamous Build error every now and then for a few weeks Normally rebooting solves it but it seems to have become resistant to that strategy After running tool MGADiag tool everything seems to be in order The product key matches the one printed on the laptop Thanks for your help Here is the report Script -- php buffer Windows copy Error "Build not 7601 TTS Not genuine" is of This start -- code span "Build 7601 This copy of Windows is not genuine" Not TTS Error style color span style color BB Diagnostic nbsp Report nbsp span span style color span span style color BB span span style color br ----------------------------------------- br span span "Build 7601 This copy of Windows is not genuine" Not TTS Error style color BB Windows nbsp Validation nbsp Data span span style color -- gt br br span span style color BB Validation nbsp Code span span style color "Build 7601 This copy of Windows is not genuine" Not TTS Error nbsp span span style color BB br Cached nbsp Online nbsp Validation nbsp Code span span style color nbsp span span style color BB x br Windows nbsp Product nbsp Key span span style color nbsp - - span span style color BB BJ H span span style color - span span style color BB V F span span style color - span span style color BB D MRQ br Windows nbsp Product nbsp Key nbsp Hash span span style color nbsp span span style color BB WiEnVUzpBjUVANOIIjgq EFO I span span style color br span span style color BB Windows nbsp Product nbsp ID span span style color nbsp span span style color BB span span style color - span span style color BB OEM span span style color - span span style color BB span span style color - span span style color BB br Windows nbsp Product nbsp ID nbsp Type span span style color nbsp span span style color BB br Windows nbsp License nbsp Type span span style color nbsp span span style color BB COA nbsp SLP br Windows nbsp OS nbsp version span span style color nbsp span span style color BB br ID span span style color nbsp span span style color BB BA D span span style color - span span style color BB AC span span style color - span span style color BB B span span style color - span span style color BB AB span span style color - span span style color BB D BA span span style color span span style color BB span span style color br span span style color BB Is nbsp Admin span span style color nbsp span span style color BB Yes br TestCab span span style color nbsp span span style color BB x br LegitcheckControl nbsp ActiveX span span style color nbsp span span style color BB N span span style color span span style color BB A span span style color nbsp span span style color BB hr nbsp span span style color nbsp span span style color BB x br Signed nbsp By span span style color nbsp span span style color BB N span span style color span span style color BB A span span style color nbsp span span style color BB hr nbsp span span style color nbsp span span style color BB x br Product nbsp Name span span style color nbsp span span style color BB Windows nbsp nbsp Home nbsp Premium br Architecture span span style color nbsp span span style color BB x br Build nbsp lab span span style color nbsp span span style color BB win sp gdr span span style color - span span style color BB br TTS nbsp Error span span style color nbsp br span span style color BB Validation nbsp Diagnostic span span style color nbsp br span span style color BB Resolution nbsp Status span span style color nbsp span span style color BB N span span style color span span style color BB A br br Vista nbsp WgaER nbsp Data span span style color -- gt br span span style color BB ThreatID span span style color span span style color BB s span span style color nbsp span span style color BB N span span style color span span style color BB A span span style color nbsp span span style color BB hr nbsp span span style color nbsp span span style color BB x br Version span span style color nbsp span span sty... Read more

A:"Build 7601 This copy of Windows is not genuine" Not TTS Error

Hello sj and welcome Is this a first install or subsequent ones from a CD you have?

If it keeps doing it then one suggestion is to contact Microsoft and explain the problem they are usually pretty helpful.

Have a look at this it might help Windows 7 Build 7601 - Error Code 0xC004F063, a month after reinstall - Microsoft Community

sorry didn't add this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910336

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/267680-build-7601-copy-windows-not-genuine-not-tts-error.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello all I just upgraded my PC yesterday with some killer components Everything turns on works proper etc except showing "Standard New Adapter" Build Card Graphics Vid as VGA my Graphics Card GTX ti core edition is showing as quot Standard VGA Graphics Adapter quot New Parts - ASUS Sabertooth p Rev - Intel i k - GB Corsair Vengeance DDR - - GTX ti core edition Thing's i have tried so far - Uninstalled old drivers explained below - Downloaded drivers from Nvidia com attempted to install and received a message stating the program could not find a compatible New Build Vid Card showing as "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" card or something like that - Checked BIOS to make sure my graphics New Build Vid Card showing as "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" setting was set to quot PCIE PCI quot - Checked Video Card seating and both pin plugs Now just some other facts - The video card is apparently working as i am plugged into it directly via HDMI cable - The HDMI cable is the ONLY cable i am using for display atm - I upgraded from - ASUS P E Pro - Intel Core Duo E - GB's DDR - - GTX - The hard drive was one of the part's i didn't change out I did not do a clean install of Windows due to the massive amount of installed software and games i'd have to reinstall if i did This is all i can think about at the moment but will be watching this thread like a hawk for updates I will answer any and all questions ASAP Any and all help is greatly appreciated Thanks for your time Chris

A:New Build Vid Card showing as "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter"

does Nvidia have a HDMI upgrade driver ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/214333-new-build-vid-card-showing-standard-vga-graphics-adapter.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I built this computer a few weeks again and have been getting a periodic (every 2-3 days) BSOD. I ran Memtest as was recommended to those with similar problems; it cycled through four times without detecting any errors. I need to figure out which piece of hardware (presumably) is the problem so I can get it back to newegg before the return window closes. Dump file attached per forum instructions. Thanks so much for your help, guys!

A:New Build, repeated "Page fault in nonpaged area" BSOD 0x00000050

Hi trippdup.

Install Service pack 1 and all other windows updates. Otherwise the system will remain vulnerable to crashes.

Code:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.17273.amd64fre.win7_gdr.130318-1532
Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Service Pack and Update Center - Microsoft Windows

Also, Avast is contributing to the BSODs.

Code:
fffff880`08262bb8 fffff880`0427044dUnable to load image \??\C:\Windows\system32\drivers\aswSnx.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswSnx.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswSnx.sys
aswSnx+0x3044d
Description here: Driver Reference Table - aswSnx.SYS

Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.

Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one; for a safety need, as the installed antivirus failed.

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/326518-new-build-repeated-page-fault-nonpaged-area-bsod-0x00000050.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I recently upgraded my motherboard, processor and memory, then installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 x64 Pro. I've been having problems from day 1. Originally, the computer would hang at either "logging off" or "shutting down" whenever I'd try to restart the machine (which is frequently when you're having to install drivers and programs). Now, it will still hang, but will then BSOD on me.

I've also come home once or twice and found that it'd BSOD'd while I was away. I think I've updated all the drivers, but like I said - I've been having issues from the start, and I'm not sure everything finished installing cleanly.

BSOD error has consistently been "Driver Power State Failure".

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Dumps attached.

Thanks!

A:BSOD with "Driver Power State Failure" -new build - hangs on shutdown

I'd still love to know what was messing my system up, but I ended up doing a complete reinstall anyway.

My Windows 7 key is an upgrade key, and Microsoft makes finding install media unnecessarily difficult. The image I used the first time was a bit... sketchy. I'm hoping that this time around I won't have the same issues, but I guess only time will tell.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/398526-bsod-driver-power-state-failure-new-build-hangs-shutdown.html
Relevancy 73.1%

(Dell XPS 8500, 24GB, 1GB mSata system drive, two Toshiba USB3.0 attached hard drives)
I have a storage space set up on my Windows 1607 primary computer. (Storage Spaces is a feature of Windows 8.1 and later and Server 2012 and later.) It is set up with a normal pair of large capacity hard drives and is in two-way mirrored configuration, formatted ReFS. I see the "reduced resiliency warning" but both drives are marked as "OK." What is the meaning of the "reduced resiliency" warning and what is required to remove it"? I get the same warning with a similar storage space configuration on my test box, the only difference being that it is formatted NTFS.

(posted also in Microsoft Communities)

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/67745-storage-space-shows-reduced-resiliency-warning-build-14393-a.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Dear all My ASUS laptop i - HQ windows installed couple of months ago always shows the available Wifi connections including those of the neighbours Today my grandson years old played on the PC and afterwards my laptop did not detect any Wifi connections Other devices laptops and smartphones do show the Wifi signals perfectly Printscreens and additional information docxSee printscreens for additional information about the wireless adaptor pop-up and laptop I already tried the following - Turn off laptop - networking any "Windows hardware" Wifi, No not did detect turn off modem - turn on modem - turn on laptop twice - Switch off and on the wireless button fn f turning the wireless signal off and on again times - Close and reopen the laptop screen times - Starting and following the troubleshooting - this did not give any suggestions or findings times My feeling is that it is a simple solution since it always worked fine and my grandson pushed a couple of buttons I don't dare to Refresh Windows as my apps will be uninstalled right Or will this be an effective solution possibly Thanks for any suggestions Marieke

A:No Wifi, "Windows did not detect any networking hardware"

I asked my computer guy to look at the problem: It was Kapersky, an antivirus program that I payed for. It interferes with my windows 8.1. He removed Kapersky and everything is working fine now!

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/59227-no-wifi-windows-did-not-detect-any-networking-hardware.html
Relevancy 73.1%

About a week ago, my mom's laptop, a Toshiba Satellite running Windows Vista Home Premium, suddenly disconnected from a wireless network while in use. When I clicked on the networking icon, it showed no networks available. When I clicked on "Diagnose why Windows can't find any networks," it said something like "No wireless networking device installed." A restart corrected the problem. Then, last night, the same thing happened again. What could be causing this? I know that the WLAN switch was never turned off. Both times, the only thing she was doing was browsing the Internet.

A:"No wireless networking device" error in Vista

I'm guessing this may be the wireless adapter either failing, or some application or service is interfering with the wireless connection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-wireless-networking-device-error-in-vista.865555/
Relevancy 73.1%

I have WinXP Home I recently got a few notifications of viruses on my computer Along with it came a lot of adware pop-ups I downloaded Kaspersky AV from their site and am using it as in Networking" Computer only works Mode "Safe with a trial version I had an older version of McAfee but hadn t renewed and do not have up-to-date virus definitions As the title reads my computer will only work when I boot windows in safe mode with networking When I try to boot it up regularly it goes very slow at the log-in screen Computer only works in "Safe Mode with Networking" and then once I log in there s only a black screen with the mouse pointer I left it at that window for a few hours hoping it would eventually load Not the case Same thing happens when I boot in safe mode with the exception that ctrl alt del works and will bring up the Windows Task Manager and then I can Computer only works in "Safe Mode with Networking" run terminate programs from there But no start toolbar or icons or anything else I have done several full scans and they come up with viruses every time Any helpful advice would be much appreciated nbsp

A:Computer only works in "Safe Mode with Networking"

:bump:

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-only-works-in-safe-mode-with-networking.659499/
Relevancy 73.1%

I'm trying to solve a major problem with my computer that happened sometime recently.

I run a dual boot O/S with Win98SE on my active partition and W2K on an extended partition.

I don't know if this is the reason for my problems, but when in W2K I looked in the properties of each drive and unchecked the networking option.

Could that cause problems with my Win98 O/S partition?

(I don't know if it is related or not, but my computer glitched a while after performing a few other operations(about 6 hrs later) and know I can't fully load W2K, and Win98 will only load in safe mode....I've done a scanreg/restore to before all that, but still can't get them to load)

Relevancy 73.1%

Well I went through the nice tutorial http www sevenforums com tutorials rmissions html as I have done so many times When I try to move files from one computer to the next and set up Allway Sync for backup I get the attached error message please see snippet And I shared both the quot From quot and the quot Target quot directories Also did the whole action" this - perform "You need to Problem Networking permission quot Take Ownership quot thingy per essenbe's always kind instructions Take Ownership Shortcut Note If you have no life at all and absolutely nothing to do Windows networking is a great way to while away your time --------------- Edit I added a snippet of threads related to my problem Please rest assured that I read them Edit I have given Full Permission to everyone including the Dali Lama The odd thing is I can copy files from B to A but not from A to B as I need to Edit OK now I can file share BUT I must got to Computer B and open the directory on Computer A via network and select the directory that I want to copy from A to B What "You need permission to perform this action" - Networking Problem I cannot do is what I want to do I cannot copy from A to B directly Therefore I can't set up my AllwaySync program to back up from A to B All settings permissions and security are the same on both Computer A and Computer B directories --------------- No wonder Bill Gates retired from Microsoft Even he couldn't explain this Gosh I miss NT

A:"You need permission to perform this action" - Networking Problem

Here's the Answer
(I think)

Apparently you need to reboot Computer A to be able to Copy/Paste files from Computer A to B.

That fact might make a helpful addition to the How To manual: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...rmissions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/280158-you-need-permission-perform-action-networking-problem.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi all I've just built a new PC from parts listed at the bottom I detect no hardware issues and the BIOS screens all work fine I've installed Windows Pro x failed and refreshed with clean install same fail I can install fine and enter the license key and reboots to complete install The PC boots to the win splash logo with spinning dots the screen flashes blank x64 blank Windows build, "Personalize" never 8 Pro gets screen, to New and back to the logo and then stops at an black screen I never get to the Windows quot Personalize quot installation completion screen Please help me trouble shoot this I'm using the ASUS P Z -V PRO DVI video out with only one monitor usb keyboard and mouse Parts List Patriot Gamer Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR Patriot Intel Extreme Master Limited Edition GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR ASUS P Z -V PRO LGA Intel Z Corsair Force Series GS CSSD-F GBGS-BK quot GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive SSD ASUS DRW- B ST BLK B AS Black SATA X DVD Burner Two XIGMATEK Dark Knight II SD Night Hawk Edition CPU Cooler Intel Core i - K Ivy New build, Windows 8 Pro x64 blank screen, never gets to "Personalize" Bridge GHz Corsair - Professional Series -Watt ATX CPU Power Supply Cooler Master - HAF XM ATX Micro ATX Mid-Tower Case

A:New build, Windows 8 Pro x64 blank screen, never gets to "Personalize"

See if you can get into safe mode. I am assuming you get there the same way as win 7 by hitting f8 when pc is booting.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/10410-new-build-windows-8-pro-x64-blank-screen-never-gets-personalize.html
Relevancy 72.67%

DESKTOP Info Windows Vista Home Premium x Service Pack build things my 64 Build "annoying" Strange Bit Two :) OS with Vista Board ASUSTeK Computer INC P QL-E Rev xx Bus Clock megahertz BIOS American Megatrends Inc AMD Radeon HD Series Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space NEC DVD RW ND- A SCSI CdRom Device ASUS Xonar DS Audio Two Strange "annoying" things with my Vista 64 Bit OS Build :) Device Any advice you guys can give me would be great has been happened since I built this PC and I just cannot figure it out When I shutdown the PC using the normal windows shutdown or even a gadget I installed of the time the OS shuts down monitor sleeps but the power stays on the desktop tower I have to hold down the POWER button to completely turn it off I have an ASUS Motherboard and when you cold boot the PC a splash screen pops up labeled Express gate with various options like you can just quickly surf the web use skype or enter the OS There is a count down on the quot enter OS quot from - to enter the OS Never any issues until my mouse broke and I installed a new Razer Abyssus mouse Now it counts from - and stops If I move the mouse it signals the motherboard to Two Strange "annoying" things with my Vista 64 Bit OS Build :) enter the main Express gate mode application and I have to hold down the main power button to reboot again The way around this is not to touch the mouse and click the TAB key a few times to get the pointer to hoover over quot enter OS quot and click enter I am good Here s the kicker this only happens like of the time I did try and uninstall the mouse drivers as well as using an older version Connection is via USB Any Two Strange "annoying" things with my Vista 64 Bit OS Build :) advice or thoughts on how to track these issues down and resolve them nbsp

A:Two Strange "annoying" things with my Vista 64 Bit OS Build :)

#1 i have had this happen to me before and a new power supply fixed it
(u don't mention what your power supply is....make & model)
#2 why don't u just disable express gate in the bios.........no more issue

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/two-strange-annoying-things-with-my-vista-64-bit-os-build.1127781/
Relevancy 72.67%

First of all It's a dumb question because I was always told that there was never any quot stupid questions quot only quot stupid people quot and right now I resemble that build A 7 7057 Windows "Dumb" question about remark I am burning Build to disk as I type I am running on a clean install of build after I screwed up and upgraded install of Windows by installing Windows quot Black quot which did a complete install over not only just Win but my main Vista OS as well Which was completely my fault for not paying attention while installing Windows Black and also for not burning my recovery disks like I should have I have questions I just activated my build last night so should I Wait until expires to install or Install right now I plan on doing another clean install of Win because I read it is better to but after it taking a long time to get my laptop back up and running right Thank You Driver Max I would like to give myself as long as possible before having to go through another install process Please let me know what you think THIA Fubar

A:A "Dumb" question about Windows 7 build 7057

You wouldnt have any problem re-activating 7057 now. As builds come, people upgrade and use the same keys, so there should be no problems there. Build 7057 will actually be good until March, 2010 with activation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/5752-dumb-question-about-windows-7-build-7057-a.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I'm going to be building a PC very soon. Obviously I'm going to need an OS for it. Rather than shell out ?80 for Windows 7 only to upgrade to 8 when it comes out a couple of months later, could I instead install the release preview onto it and upgrade to 8 when it comes out? Link to the release preview:

Windows 8 Release Preview

My concern is that the 64-bit version is a 3.3GB download. I'm guessing that means this version is intended as an upgrade from 7? Meaning I won't be able to use it as a clean install?

So should I just settle for 7? Or could I get away with using this release preview as an OS until the full version of 8 comes out?

Jack

A:Installing "Windows 8 Release Preview" onto new build...

Hello Jack, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Yes, you can do a clean install with the Windows 8 Release Preview.
Clean Install - Windows 8

You could also use Windows 8 Release Preview until the final retail version of Windows 8 is released. You should be able to upgrade from the Release Preview to the full RTM, but it would recommended to do a clean install with the full RTM instead.

Hope this helps,

Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/7824-installing-windows-8-release-preview-onto-new-build.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi Have this message on the desktop of the PCs in the house and it beginning to irritate me even though it doesn't seem to have an adverse effect yet Brief history - PC was purchased in Dec from a large UK company called Mesh Computers I bought "Windows 7601 is Message Build genuine" not two others from them at the same time Xmas presents for the children Came preloaded Build 7601 "Windows is not genuine" Message with Windows Premium bit with registration key sticker stuck to the top and has functioned without issue since Fitted a new hard drive months ago no other hardware changes since new reloaded Windows from supplied disk of which I have Have taken all the updates Don't know when the message first appeared as I'm not the main user When I look at the system settings under Windows Activation there is a link that read 'You must activate windows today Activate Windows now' However nothing happens when I click on it A little lower on the screen by the side of Product Key the 'Change Product Key' link does nothing either Details from the MGADiag Tool Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code N A hr xc f Windows Product Key - -PH KQ-KK H-FY HY Windows Product Key Hash eCycK ixwvSE Ov ragknQH c Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM System Builder Windows OS version ID D A C-CF - - -AC C A Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Premium Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status Genuine Microsoft Office Home and Student - Genuine OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt D A C-CF - - -AC C A lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -FY HY lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt To Be Filled By O E M lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt To Be Filled By O E M lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt American Megatrends Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt D B F lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt GMT Standard Time GMT lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Product GUID quot - F- - - FF CE quot gt lt LegitResult gt lt LegitResult gt lt Name gt Microsoft Office Home and Student lt Name gt lt Ver gt lt Ver gt lt Val gt FB E A lt Val gt lt Hash gt Uqi LUIkeeCkjPQf zlcCQ sIm lt Has... Read more

A:Build 7601 "Windows is not genuine" Message

You appear to have neglected to activate the license.
If Internet Activation fails, use telephone activation....

telephone activation (operator calls)

Click on theStart button

in the Searchbox, type

SLUI 4

and hit the Enterkey

follow theinstructions, but when asked which service you require by the telephoneansafone, do NOT reply - this should force an operator to respond, who can dealwith you

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/310098-build-7601-windows-not-genuine-message.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi I'm wondering if anyone can help with my quot not genuine quot message Help genuine" message build 7 not with "Windows 7601 that now appearing on my PC I have installed a retail version of Windows Ultimate bit Thanks Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code xc c a Windows Product Key - - BFKG- QDMT-G F Windows Product Key Hash XpYqkOTjaAPXQ VIZkg CQr iQ Windows Product ID - - - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type Retail Windows OS version ID E D -DEF - B -B -CFB DC BC Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Ultimate Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon Help with "Windows 7 build 7601 not genuine" message dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version Help with "Windows 7 build 7601 not genuine" message N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent User Agent Default Browser C Users Sambo AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt E D -DEF - B -B -CFB DC BC lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -G F lt PKey gt lt PID gt - - - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt System manufacturer lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt System Product Name lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt American Megatrends Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt FC B FA lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt GMT Standard Time GMT lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Software licensing service version Name Windows R Ultimate edition Description Windows Operating System - Windows R RETAIL channel Activation ID a cde c- - -b c-c ad d fad Application ID c -d - d - e-d ec f f Extended PID - - - - - - - Installation ID Processor Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Machine Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Use License URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Product Key Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Partial Product Key G F License Status Notification Notification Reason xC F non-genuine Remaining Windows rearm count Trusted time Windows Activation Technologies-- gt HrOffline x HrOnline xC C A HealthStatus x Event Time Stamp ActiveX Registered Version Admin Service Registered Version HealthStatus Bitmask Output HWID Data-- gt HWID Hash Current MgAAAAEAAgABAAEAAQACAAAAAgABAAEA GGuRWKICIWmDHyXdmsyK KfChFgePB KoU OEM Activation Dat... Read more

A:Help with "Windows 7 build 7601 not genuine" message

The Key in use is an MSDN Key from a not-for-resale MSDN account.
Unless you are an MSDN subscriber, you are not entitled to use the Key – and whoever sold it to you was not entitled to do so.
You need to claim an immediate refund from the vendor - do NOT accept the offer of a new key (all they are trying to do is to get past the 45-day claims window or avoid you sending the evidence of their crimes to the authorities)

Please read the following posts.... .................................

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/genuinewindows7/thread/a2444f34-0aff-4f29-a8ac-67e28b0c0285

and

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/genuinewindows7/thread/309bb621-92d5-43d6-98c1-2bb51b35607f

The pirates have got VERY good at this over the past few years, as the price of equipment for manufacturing the packages drops, and as factories open in less well-policed countries.

see also this post....

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/genuinewindows7/thread/46a58748-5a64-41ff-b7f4-f6d3b47beca9
Also - have a look at this video....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzqNNiOM0cs

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/260595-help-windows-7-build-7601-not-genuine-message.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi! I've bought my DELL Inspiron 3520 on Dec 2012 with pre-installed Windows 7 Ultimate x64/x86 version. In March 2013, it gave error "build 7601 This copy of windows is not genuine". So, I searched & get solution on this forum about "rearm" command. This fixed all my prob. at that time. Now, on August 10, 2013 I installed Windows Updates. It was all O.K. till now when I switched on my laptop today, the same error about windows not genuine appears again. But I'm avoiding that "rearm" command coz it has 3-4 times limit. Now, I can't find a reliable way to fix this. If updates are causing this issue(I don't know) I swear I don't let it ever update again. Pls. help me... I don't know anything about windows but am capable to follow any guide by xperts correctly. Pls. help me...
Pleeeeaasee:crying:

A:"build 7601 This copy of windows is not genuine"

Please post this report - Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/301895-build-7601-copy-windows-not-genuine.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code xc c a Windows Product Key - - CWTY-Y MPW-CD J Windows Product Key Hash Ie jep RW EuX b jwqtFuaabJA Windows Product ID - - - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type 7 help is on build 7601 windows genuine" "windos not need Retail Windows OS version ID D FEE -F - EEB-B need help on "windos 7 build 7601 windows is not genuine" - CE DB Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Ultimate Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A need help on "windos 7 build 7601 windows is not genuine" hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status Blocked VLK Microsoft Office Enterprise - Blocked VLK OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files Opera Opera exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt D FEE -F - EEB-B - CE DB lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -CD J lt PKey gt lt PID gt - - - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Acer lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt TravelMate lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt Phoenix Technologies LTD lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt V lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt E B DA lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Egypt Standard Time GMT lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt HPQOEM lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt SLIC-WKS lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Product GUID quot - - - - FF CE quot gt lt LegitResult gt lt LegitResult gt lt Name gt Microsoft Office Enterprise lt Name gt lt Ver gt lt Ver gt lt Val gt ACD E lt Val gt lt Hash gt fFic JgCreGGRxyF uMWB R Jcg lt Hash gt lt Pid gt - - - lt Pid gt lt PidType gt lt PidType gt lt Product gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot A quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot B quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot A quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot BA quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Software licensing service version Name Windows R Ultimate edition Description Windows Operating System - Windows R RE... Read more

A:need help on "windos 7 build 7601 windows is not genuine"

I could have sworn I responded to this one hours ago! - sorry for making you wait.
Welcome.

The Key in use is an MSDN Key from a not-for-resale MSDN account.
Unless you are an MSDN subscriber, you are not entitled to use the Key – and whoever sold it to you was not entitled to do so.
You need to claim an immediate refund from the vendor - do NOT accept the offer of a new key (all they are trying to do is to get past the 45-day claims window or avoid you sending the evidence of their crimes to the authorities)

Please read the following posts.... .................................

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/genuinewindows7/thread/a2444f34-0aff-4f29-a8ac-67e28b0c0285

and

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/genuinewindows7/thread/309bb621-92d5-43d6-98c1-2bb51b35607f

The pirates have got VERY good at this over the past few years, as the price of equipment for manufacturing the packages drops, and as factories open in less well-policed countries.

see also this post....

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/genuinewindows7/thread/46a58748-5a64-41ff-b7f4-f6d3b47beca9
Also - have a look at this video....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzqNNiOM0cs

You may be able to get a complimentary copy of the OS from Microsoft - fill in the Counterfeit report here...
http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/howtotell/default.aspx
You have a larger problem as well - you (or someone) have installed a hacker's Activation Exploit in an attempt to bypass Activation and Validation requirements.
You will have to reformat and reinstall with genuine media and Key.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/277204-need-help-windos-7-build-7601-windows-not-genuine.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello,

I just upgraded my legal copy of Windows 8 to Windows 8.1. I've also installed all the currently available updates. The problem I'm faced now is the watermark on my wallpaper near the clock (Bottom-right side of the desktop). It currently says: "Windows 8.1 SecureBoot isn't configured corrently Build 9600" .

I have to admit, I have disabled secure boot. I don't know if I'm allowed to talk about this in these forums, but let's just say I have another OS installed an my PC (I use GRUB to load the two Operating Systems)...

Are there any available solutions to fix the problem?

A:How to remove "Windows 8.1 ... Build 9600" watermark?

You have to either "be able/willing" to enable secure boot or wait for a workaround which may be forthcoming in the very near future. These is also hope that MS will finally provide a solution for this as well but don't hold your breath on the last one. Good luck.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/33396-how-remove-windows-8-1-build-9600-watermark.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I have encountered the message quot Failed to build the list of regular subfolders under etc quot I t arose when I was trying to assist a friend and the history is that he had a PC with a single GB PATA hard drive with XP and a separate data partition We added in a dual boot arrangement W Home and relocated My Documents to the Data partition He then had the use of this partition for storage and opening of documents when using either operating system Recently space became a problem so a second PATA GB drive was installed When trying to relocate My Documents from the existing data partition to the new drive we got the quot Failed quot message We then cut all from the old partition and pasted in it the new drive so that if we tried to return to the default location there would not be a problem of trying to fit regular of "Failed subfolders under..etc" the to list build too much back to the C drive Then tried Restore Default - same failure message The process of relocation seems similar to the first method in your tutorial on Restore the default location My questions are Does the arrangement of having the data location for two operating systems cause this Would method work Would a repair-install return the location to the "Failed to build the list of regular subfolders under..etc" C drive - although involving quite a bit of time I am assuming that when the folder location is back in C It can then be relocated to the new drive and new saved files would then all go there Would very much appreciate advice

A:"Failed to build the list of regular subfolders under..etc"

I see that this was moved to a new thread 5 days ago, but I haven't been able tom find that thread. However

This problem is now solved. It did not involve any of the three questions I posed. The answers to these are
1. That two operating systems shared the same folder location for My Documents did not cause this problem.
2. It was not first necessary to try method 2
3. Did a repair install on a test machine with W7 – the change of location of the My Documents folder was treated as a user setting, and the default location was not reset.
The following is what was done. The start point was a setup with two drives, in the first there were two OSs, and a data partition E, and the second was an empty drive, J.
The first step was to create a folder My Documents in J. Then cut all folders/files in E and paste into the new folder in J.
In Windows Explorer, expanded Documents and then right clicked My Documents, selected Properties, Location, Restore Default and Apply. When the option to move all contents opened, selected No instead of Yes.
Clicked OK, and the location of the folder changed back to C,
Right clicked again, and then chose Properties, Location and the Move. Browsed to J, and clicked Apply, OK.
All the existing content (already) in J was accessible, and new items were saved there.
The E partition was deleted, and the resulting unallocated space merged into C

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/263316-failed-build-list-regular-subfolders-under-etc.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Ever since I upgraded my Asus UX Can't "Insider settings need get rid preview attention" build of VD laptop to Win x AU every time I check Windows Update under Settings I see Can't get rid of "Insider preview build settings need attention" a message saying quot Your insider build settings need attention Go to Windows insider program to fix this issue quot I click on quot Windows insider program settings quot immediately under that which shows me a quot Get Started quot button that is greyed out and a quot Link a Microsoft account quot link that is also greyed out I did a bit of Googling and tried setting the DWORD values for DiagnosticErrorText and DiagnosticLink under registry key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft WindowsSelfHost UI Visibility both to zero However as soon as I go back Can't get rid of "Insider preview build settings need attention" to Windows Update in Settings the insider build error msg reappears and when I look back in the registry both the value have been set back to I'm logged in as a local account don't have a Microsoft account and don't want one How can I stop this error msg appearing

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/63073-cant-get-rid-insider-preview-build-settings-need-attention.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello I recently did a fresh install of XP home on a new PC build installed updated device drivers and installed all windows updates A couple programs were installed Firefox Reader etc and a showing threat new "invader" build on Kaspersky PC small amount of surfing was done but only to reputable websites Kaspersky started to give me warnings about riskware quot invader quot trying to modify winlogon svchost rundll Kaspersky showing "invader" threat on new PC build and winsys for example at startup or when I tried to start Task Manager Do I have a problem here DDS txt attach txt and ark txt are included DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Mike at on Sun Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - Kaspersky showing "invader" threat on new PC build AV Kaspersky Anti-Virus Kaspersky showing "invader" threat on new PC build On-access scanning disabled Updated Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch C WINDOWS system svchost -k rpcss C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k NetworkService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcAppFlt exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcIp exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS system nvraidservice exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe C Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software LgDevAgt exe C Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software G-series Software LGDCore exe C WINDOWS system wbem unsecapp exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C Documents and Settings Mike Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll mRun NVRaidService c windows system nvraidservice exe mRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup mRun nwiz nwiz exe install mRun WinSys c windows system winsys exe mRun NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit mRun AVP quot c program files kaspersky lab kaspersky anti-virus avp exe quot mRun SoundMAXPnP c program files analog devices core smax pnp exe mRun SoundMAX quot c program files analog devices soundmax Smax exe quot tray mRun Launch LgDevAgt quot c program files logitech gamepanel software LgDevAgt exe quot mRun Launch LGDCore quot c program files logitech gamepanel software g-series software LGDCore exe quot SHOWHIDE mRun ColorNavigator quot c program files eizo colornavigator ColorNavigatorAgent exe quot mRun lt NO NAME gt mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE F - A - D - CA -AA ACF ED E - E B - FA- D -B DA- A C D - c program files kaspersky lab kaspersky anti-virus scieplugin dll LSP SYSTEMROOT system nvLsp dll Notify klogon - c windows system klogon dll FIREFOX FF - ProfilePath - c docume mike applic mozilla firefox profiles glukjm default SERVICES DRIVERS R kl Kl c windows system drivers kl sys - - R nvrd NVIDIA nForce RAID Driver c windows system drivers nvrd sys - - R klif Klif c windows system drivers klif sys - - S X-Rite X-Rite USB Service c windows system drivers XrUsb sys - - S AVP Kaspersky Anti-Virus c program files kaspersky lab kaspersky anti-virus avp exe - - Created Last - - ac------ c windows system dllcache usbstor sys - - a--s-r-- C BOOTSECT BAK - - a--shr-- C bootmgr - - lt DIR gt --dsh--- C Boot - - lt DIR gt --dsh--- C RECYCLE BIN - - lt DIR gt --d----- c program files Analog Devices - - a------- c windows system drivers klin dat - - a------- c windows system drivers klick dat - - lt DIR gt --d-... Read more

A:Kaspersky showing "invader" threat on new PC build

Hello, morty343
Welcome to TSF

My name is Billy O'Neal and I will be helping you. (Billy or Bill is fine, if you like.)
Please give me some time to look over your computer's log(s).
Please take note of the following:In the meantime, please refrain from making any changes to your computer.
Also, even if things appear to be running better, there is no guarantee that everything is finished. Please continue to check this forum post in order to ensure we get your system completely clean. We do not want to clean you part-way up, only to have the system re-infect itself. :)
If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.
Finally, please reply using the button in the lower left hand corner of your screen.
Old topics are closed after 3 days with no reply, and working topics are closed after 5 days. If for any reason you cannot complete instructions within that time, that's fine, just put a post here so that I know you're still here. We get a lot of people who simply leave, and if there is no contact for that amount of time I will have to assume you have "vanished" .

I don't see any malware in here. Perhaps windows update tried to replace those files?

I would like us to use ESET (NOD32)'s Online ScannerPlease go to ESET OnlineScan (NOD32)
You will then see the Terms of Use, tick the check-box infront of YES, I accept the Terms of Use
Now click Start
Should you face a Security Warning that asks if you want to install and run a file called "OnlineScanner.cab", click Yes
Click StartNote: (the Onlinescanner will now prepare itself for running on your pc)

To do a full-scan, tick: "Remove found threats" and "Scan potentially unwanted applications"
Press Scan
The Onlinescan will now start and scan your pc (this could take a while)
When the scan has finished, it will show a screen with two tabs "overview" and "details" and the option to get information or buy software, just close the window
Click Start >> Run... >> type: C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt
The Scanresults will now open in Notepad
Click into the text area, right-click and chose "select all" (or use <Control>+A)
Right-click again and chose "Copy" (or <Control>+C)
Close/Exit Notepad
Navigate to this thread and post your log along with anything else requested from us, by right-clicking and "paste" (or ctrl+v) in the text area of the reply post you just created.
Note: For Vista Users: Eset is compatible but Internet Explorer must be run as Administrator. To do this, right-click on the IE icon in the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select "Run as Administrator" from the context menu.)

In your next reply, please include the following:ESET OnlineScan's Log

BillyIII

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/kaspersky-showing-invader-threat-on-new-pc-build-336280.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello I HAD at the bottom right hand corner first line Windows Pro second line Build I have followed the instructions on link How to Remove Watermark Build Number Info from Desktop in Windows - AskVG only Remove writing 9600" watermark "Build And that did not do anything So I then followed these instructions link Solved HowTo Remove the RTM CP Watermark In the past on the preview version of the second link worked like a charm Now following link instructions only removes Windows Pro BUT not the Build Does it have anything to do with the fact that I maybe messed it up by doing link instructions then following link instructions If so how would I undo what I did with link without doing a Windows Refresh install Does anyone else have problems with link technique like I do If not would someone please be able to zip appdata Microsoft Windows Themes and and Remove "Build 9600" only writing watermark attach it here to test and see if I messed it up by executing both links instructions Thanks

A:Remove "Build 9600" only writing watermark

Hello Yuri,

Is your Windows 8.1 currently showing as being activated?

Activate Windows 8 Online

Activate Windows 8 by Phone

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/35898-remove-build-9600-only-writing-watermark.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I have a copy of Windows Home Premium N which I downloaded from the Microsoft MSDN page I use it for testing in VMware Well the networking "not Build genuine" copy MSDN 7600 of was screwed up so I went into VMware settings and changed it from NAT to Bridged I then ran Windows update When it was done updating I got a message in the lower right that says quot Windows Build This copy of windows is not genuine quot So I did some googling and was told to run this MGADiag tool to verify if it is indeed genuine or not It also comes back and says it's invalid Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- WGA Data-- gt Validation Status Invalid License Validation Code Cached Validation Code N A hr xc f Windows Product Key - -MT MC- H Y-GDP Windows Product Key Hash xpIfUBNvtF MSDN copy of Build 7600 "not genuine" o CkVN SxrvWsvgA Windows Product ID - - - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type Retail Windows OS version ID A ED B - - -A -F ACBE AA Is Admin Yes TestCab x WGA Version N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Premium N Architecture x Build lab win rtm - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N MSDN copy of Build 7600 "not genuine" A WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID MSDN copy of Build 7600 "not genuine" s N A hr x Version N A hr x WGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt File Mismatch C Windows system wat watadminsvc exe hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat npwatweb dll hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watux exe hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watweb dll hr x Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt A ED B - - -A -F ACBE AA lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -GDP lt PKey gt lt PID gt - - - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt VMware Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt VMware Virtual Platform lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt Phoenix Technologies LTD lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt EB E lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Pacific Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Software licensing service version Name Windows R HomePremiumN edition Description Windows Operating System - Windows R RETAIL channel Activation ID b cc - - b c-bb e- c a Application ID c -d - d - e-d ec f f Extended PID - - - - - - - Installation ID Processor Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Machine Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink ... Read more

A:MSDN copy of Build 7600 "not genuine"

Did you activate it?

If you don't activate past the initial 30 days after install, it tells you Windows is not genuine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/68520-msdn-copy-build-7600-not-genuine.html
Relevancy 72.67%

i just put my computer together. it posts fine and everything then goes to another screen and says

Verifying DMI pool data .....
disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter

i have my windows xp cd in the drive, the drive powers up and everything. i set it up so the first boot device is cdrom. i don't know why it's not working, i've tried starting it up with both my windows xp disk and my disk that came with my mobo. i don't know what is wrong or what i should do. please help

mobo - GIGABYTE GA-X38-DS4 LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard

A:Solved: new build "DISK BOOT FAILURE"

originally my ide plug was plugged into the mobo and didn't look like it was completely in but wouldn't go in any further so i finally decided that was the issue and unplugged it(which i didn't do earlier cause it was a big hassle to put in) switched the ends and plugged it back in and now i'm installing windows =)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-build-disk-boot-failure.681017/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello all I am new here st post A few weeks back I turned my laptop on to see that after years with my laptop that now my OS Windows home premium bit was somehow not genuine anymore I've called Microsoft and talked to them different times and have spent Windows build "not update 7 7601 genuine" after - hours trying different remedies to possible fix my issues Nothing worked and they told me I would have to back up all my data and re-install Windows Frustrated I gave up Windows 7 build 7601 "not genuine" after update because I didn't have a hard drive big enough to back up all my data and I was fed up with all the dead ends Microsoft send me down Since then I have recently purchased a external hard drive and done extensive reading and searching around the web to find a possible fix to my solution That solution has yet to surface Which is why I am here asking for help from anybody willing to assist Before anybody does try to help some background on the situation My copy of Windows is legit and was pre installed on my laptop when I purchased it My laptop will not connect to the Internet for some strange reason but I can do just about everything else on it I do have access to the Internet on other PCs I have I downloaded a program called Macrium Reflect to back up my data I'm a noob on backing up and re-installing Windows because I've never had this issues before Thank you to anyone who took the time to read this and help please

A:Windows 7 build 7601 "not genuine" after update

IF it cannot connect to the web it will turn Non genuine, it does a minor check every time you start-up and a major one every 90 days.
We need to find why its not connecting to the net before we can progress.
1st stop go controlpanel>>devicemanager> any ! or down arrows, on any driver, especially network adapters or problem devices.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/393011-windows-7-build-7601-not-genuine-after-update.html
Relevancy 72.67%

hi guys,
im on build 14926 on fast ring on the SP3, I know there is a new build to download but my pc doesn't download it even though it says "downloading"
UPDATE: I fixed it somehow

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/441159-fast-ring-build-stuck-downloading.html
Relevancy 72.67%

This seems to be an build "Windows 7 7601 with not message genuine" Help issue for many I recently had to reinstall windows on a new HD I am now getting the error of not genuine copy etc Can some one tell me what the issue might be Thanks Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - - GC -T RT -G KBP Windows Help with "Windows 7 build 7601 not genuine" message Product Key Hash G td YI qsk U H kZVZZ vFBA Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type COA SLP Windows OS version ID CAB -EAC - E -B B- FFE F D Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Premium Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt CAB -EAC - E -B B- FFE F D lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -G KBP lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt eMachines lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt ET G lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt AMI lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt P -A lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt D F lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Central Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt ACRSYS lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt ACRPRDCT lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Software licensing service version Name Windows R HomePremium edition Description Windows Operating System - Windows R OEM COA SLP channel Activation ID e a a-f f - -b bd-ba e a d f Application ID c -d - d - e-d ec f f Extended PID - - - - - - - Installation ID Processor Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Machine Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Use License URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Product Key Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Partial Product Key G KBP License Status Notification Notification Reason xC F grace time expired Remaining Windows rearm count Trusted time PM Windows Activation Technologies-- gt HrOffline x HrOnline x HealthStatus x Event Time Stamp ActiveX Registered Version Admin Service Registered Version HealthStatus Bitmask Output HWID Data-- gt HWID Hash Current LgAAAAEAAgABAAEAAQABAAAAAQABAAEAonbCBmanRtWSAKIu HQKk ... Read more

A:Help with "Windows 7 build 7601 not genuine" message

Hello and welcome elbygump might a daft question but I know it is a new drive - is it the same motherboard cos your activation is tied to it not the drive.

I would be inclined to call Microsoft if it is the same mobo and run it by them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/262186-help-windows-7-build-7601-not-genuine-message.html
Relevancy 72.67%

hi,

OK, this is a weird one.

I wanted to move the "My Music", "My Pictures", "My Videos" folders to another HDD. I moved the "My Documents" Folder to this HDD without a problem but the others I accidentally set the whole HDD as the folder (if that makes sense). So now the music, videos and pictures folders are set to this HDD and dont have an actual folder to change the properties of. Therein lies my dilema.

If anyone can offer any advice on this curly issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Shane

A:Remaking "My Music", "My Pictures", "My Videos" folders

Quote: Originally Posted by Legume

hi,

OK, this is a weird one.

I wanted to move the "My Music", "My Pictures", "My Videos" folders to another HDD. I moved the "My Documents" Folder to this HDD without a problem but the others I accidentally set the whole HDD as the folder (if that makes sense). So now the music, videos and pictures folders are set to this HDD and dont have an actual folder to change the properties of. Therein lies my dilema.

If anyone can offer any advice on this curly issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Shane

You have a backup from before the problem started? a win 7 dvd to do a repair install?
ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/109624-remaking-my-music-my-pictures-my-videos-folders.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I tried to associate the file extension .txt to a new editor program
with the well known cmdline programs ASSOC and FTYPE.

No, assigning them through WinExplorer menu does not work.
But this is another problem which should not discussed here.

When I type now one of the following alternative commands at the CommandPrompt then Win7 returns me something like:

assoc .txt=txtfile

"Access denied"
The following error occurs: .txt"

or

ftype txtfile=D:\notepad++\notepad++.exe "%%1"

"Access denied"
The following error occurs: txtfile"

Why?

The command above work fine under WinXP

Peter

A:"access denied" when using "assoc" and "ftype" from cmdline?

Question:

Did you run cmd.exe with administrative previlliges?
Elevated Command Prompt

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/101442-access-denied-when-using-assoc-ftype-cmdline.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Ok, so basically, whenever I turn the computer on, 3 error messages appear:

- A virtual driver failed to inicialize DLL. Chose close to end the program. H:/Windows/system32/code/pRee.exe

- A virtual driver failed to inicialize DLL. Chose close to end the program. H:/Windows/system32/code/pRee1.exe

- Error loading H:/Archiv~/GBPLUG~/gbiehcef.dll. Couldn't find specific module.

(sorry if some terms are incorrect, my computer is in Spanish, to I tried to translate as best as possible)

Please help me solve this terrible problem, it is really getting me on my nerves! (oh, and if this helps, I've recently donwloaded this so called "Limewire acceleration", and whenever I ran the setup, it didn't work. I don't really remember the name of the website I downloaded it from, sorry...)

A:Can't Open "My Documents", "Trash" or other files in "My Computer"!?

Hi and Welcome to the forum

I am almost certain that you have malware problems. Most like caused by you doing file sharing/ P2P - Limewire.

Suggest that you go here and follow the directions:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

Please be advised that the malware people are very busy and it could take a couple days to assist you.

BG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-open-my-documents-trash-or-other-files-in-my-computer-288056.html
Relevancy 72.67%

OK As I said I am new Hope this info is the way you need it MANY MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR THE TIME amp HELP Check out the following HHEELLLPPP Logfile of HijackThis / THREAD "Context3.kanoodle" "xlime", "xads", NEW v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer NEW THREAD / "xads", "xlime", "Context3.kanoodle" v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system logonui exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe C WINDOWS System Promon exe c program files mcafee com agent mcagent exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C Program Files interMute AdSubtract AdSub exe C PROGRA VCOM Fix-It mxtask exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C WINDOWS System NMSSvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files McAfee com VSO mcshield exe C PROGRA VCOM Fix-It mxtask exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Frank M Gazzo Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dellnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default websearch drsnsrch com q cgi q R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http localhost O - BHO MultiMPPObj Class - EB - - -B -FBD D B FEA - C WINDOWS multimpp dll O - BHO Band Class - F A A- C - -A - E DC AB E - no file O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar no name - CDE A D-A - -BF -E B C F EB - no file O - Toolbar AdSubtract Toolbar - F AABDD- - e a- B - AC A B - C WINDOWS System adsubtb dll O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe quot O - HKLM Run Promon exe Promon exe O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA McAfee com Agent mcupdate exe O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - Startup AdSubtract lnk C Program Files interMute AdSubtract AdSub exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Find Fast lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office FINDFAST EXE O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item AdSubtract Bypass Site - res C Program Files interMute AdSubtract AdSub exe O - Extra context menu item AdSubtract Cloak Image - res C Program Files interMute AdSubtract A... Read more

A:NEW THREAD / "xads", "xlime", "Context3.kanoodle"

hi

how to create a folder ?

right click anywhere in your desktop
click new,a tab opens ,click folder ,name it hjtantivirus .

download again hijackthis and install it in the new created folder .

your hjt is here now
C:\Documents and Settings\Frank M. Gazzo\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Directory 1 for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe

it will not work properly if it stays there .

and don t create a new thread ,keep only one thread .this one ,now .

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/new-thread-xads-xlime-context3-kanoodle-23803.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I thought I was computer savvy until this problem came up When I double click my computer recycle bin control panel etc the hourglass comes up for a few seconds goes off and nothing else No error messages or anything just nothing I have viewed a few of the threads covering this and a common link was the hijack this result I have posted that here and really hope that someone can help me with this I have run SpyBotSD and adaware I have run mutiple virus scans I did an SFC and the final thing bin", I "control computer" "my "recycle open cannot panel" etc... was to repair windows using the original disk none of which has help I am running Window XP w SP Any other suggestions would be certainly appreciated Hope to here from someone soon MTCS out Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc... TDSTEL ENTERN app pppoeservice exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc... exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Apache Tomcat webapps Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc... Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C PROGRA DEFEND DEFEND PopUpKiller exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Javasoft JRE bin javaw exe C Documents and Settings Charlotte Hough Desktop HijackThis exe O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO HP Print Clips - F -DC - -A C- F D C - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp framework dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO IE PopUp-Killer Neikeisoft - E E F - C - D - D- - C PROGRA DEFEND DEFEND PopUp dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run StatusClient C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Apache Tomcat webapps Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe auto O - HKLM Run TomcatStartup C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox hpbpsttp exe O - HKLM Run OpwareSE quot C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe quot O - HKLM Run REGSHAVE C Program Files REGSHAVE REGSHAVE EXE AUTORUN O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe O - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader quot C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp... Read more

A:I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc...

You may want to reinstall the operating system.

Backupthe files that are importantto you before you reinstall.

The "New" installation will overwrite the current one

If you do not format your hard drive before the reinstall the installation should not harm your files (That's why I suggest backingup your files) and will speed up the installation process.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-cannot-open-my-computer-control-panel-recycle-bin-etc.717788/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi Looking for insight advice re KB According to Infoworld it was quot Optional quot in May but I was not offered it then This KB3054476 "Important"/"Recommended"/"Optional" offered as week it was offered as quot Important quot and quot Recommended quot but only for one of my Win boxes I have read the MS KB article as well as THIS FORUM THREAD the latter of which includes a report of a BSOD due to this particular update However there isn't much out on the web about it And most of the discussion about it is overly technical for me And I am confused as to why it was previously offered as quot Optional quot but now is quot Important quot KB3054476 offered as "Important"/"Recommended"/"Optional" or quot Recommended quot I don't think I quot need quot it as I have no webcam on this box And I don't like KB3054476 offered as "Important"/"Recommended"/"Optional" to tempt fate by fixing things that are not broken So questions Is it safe to install Is it really necessary important Or would I be OK to hide it Thanks very much in advance

A:KB3054476 offered as "Important"/"Recommended"/"Optional"

The status of updates changes with circumstances.
If an update isn't relevant, it won't be offered at all.
If however it's relevant but the related software is not apparently in use, it may be 'optional' - and gravitate to 'Recommended' or 'Important' if the related software is in use.
It can also be promoted through the hierarchy by MS depending on feedback through WU and error-trapped feedback.

If you have (and use) a webcam, then it's probably best to install the update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/372782-kb3054476-offered-important-recommended-optional.html
Relevancy 72.24%

First things first thanks to all who can help I need to programmatically make some adjustments to the Internet Explorer security settings Most of these settings I have found but there are a few I have not been able to get a clear exact location for in the registry I will be using for "First "Always and "Accept" and Allow setting registry value the cookies" Session for Party Cookies" Need option EXACT location of a BAT file to make the adjustments on PCs Here is what I am looking for Under the quot Internet nbsp Properties quot found Need EXACT location and value of registry setting for "Always Allow Session cookies" and the "Accept" option for "First Party Cookies" in control panel under the quot Privacy quot tab there is an quot Advanced quot option button When I click on it I get an quot Advance Privacy Settings quot options box On it are several settings The first setting quot Override automatic cookie handling quot needs to be checked in order to access the other options I can do that by adjusting the DWord value of quot PrivacyAdvanced quot under the quot Internet Settings quot key in the registry quot HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet settings quot to be specific What I have not been able to find are the registry entries for the quot First-party Cookies quot quot Accept Block or Prompt quot options the quot Third-party Cookies quot quot Accept Block or Prompt quot options and the quot Always allow session cookies quot check box Please see picture below I have seen references to the following settings as being where those options exist but nothing that explains what each byte bit controls so I don't know if or where in these settings I will find the control for the things I need to adjust I don't want to blindly accept some code someone says includes the settings I need I need to know exactly what to do to change ONLY the things I am looking for span span span HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet span span Settings span span Zones span span span span span span quot AEBA FA- A- A - D-B C quot span span span span hex span span span span a span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span c span span span span a span span span span f span span span span span span span span span span span span span span f span span span span e span span span span a span span span span span span span span e span span span span b span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span a span span span span span span span span a span span span span e span span span span c span span span span span span span span d span span span span span span span span b span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span quot A A C - EB - -A A - C F quot span span span span hex span span span span a span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span c span span span span a span span span span f span span span span span span span span span span span span span span f span span span span e span span span span a span span span span span span span span e span span span span b span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span a span span span span span span span span span span span span e span span span span c span span span span span span span span d span span span span span span span span b span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span Any help finding those settings will be greatly appreciated Currently I am using Win Ent x and IE But I also need to know how to ... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/41b75117-44ba-4a25-b210-41d72920cafc/need-exact-location-and-value-of-registry-setting-for-quotalways-allow-session-cookiesquot-and?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 72.24%

Yesterday i have formated a partition on my computer, and by usb/dvd i have install the windows 7, then i cannot connect to the internet by wire or wirelles i have seen some post here about that, but none of than help me can anyone help?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/380039-i-need-help-windows-did-not-detect-any-networking-hardware.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Yesterday i have formated a partition on my computer, and by usb/dvd i have install the windows 7, then i cannot connect to the internet by wire or wirelles i have seen some post here about that, but none of than help me can anyone help?

A:I need help "Windows did not detect any networking hardware"

Hi ... Welcome to Seven Forums ... Please Post your System Specs ... The Link below will help you achieve this ...
System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/380039-i-need-help-windows-did-not-detect-any-networking-hardware.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I installed Windows 7 Home Premium on my Dell Inspiron M5040 and when I try to connect to the internet it says "Windows did not detect any networking hardware". I figured it might be a missing driver, so I found this website http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/...n-15-amd-m5040.

I've downloaded numerous drivers and none fixed my problem. It feels like I'm picking numbers out of a hat. Can someone show me which driver fixes this issue?

A:"Windows did not detect any networking hardware"

I eventually found the driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/309337-windows-did-not-detect-any-networking-hardware.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I'm currently using windows Pro and the problem has gotten worse lately so every minute or so the internet stops working and when I diagnose the network it just keeps giving me quot the default gateway is not available quot error and fixed then another minute or so it happens again Quote Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name AiJM Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TAP-Windows Adapter V Physical Address -FF- B-FD- - B DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f b e dc Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A-B - - -B - - A- - C-A DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address B - - A- - C-A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL SU Wireless LAN n US B Network Adapter Physical Address - A-EF- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled "The is available" gateway not problem Networking default Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e ec a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday September PM Lease Expires Wednesday September PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A-B - - -B - - A- - C-A DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Networking problem "The default gateway is not available" Tunnel adapter isatap BFD B- F - F - C - D E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap FA - F - D -A -A F E C D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Windows system gt C Windows system gt

A:Networking problem "The default gateway is not available"

Quote:
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Have you checked Control Panel, Internet Options, Connections tab, LAN Settings for a checkmark in the Automatically detect item at the top of the list and nothing else checked? Or does your ISP require different entries on that panel?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/344920-networking-problem-default-gateway-not-available.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Let me say from the outset this is probably not a Win question at least not per se I am trying to get a piece of equipment in a machine shop anilam mk that has a network card built in to see a shared "error gives access networking DOS (net 5: denied") use folder on the network I have spent DAYS on the phone with their tech support person who seems to understand their equipment quite well but not necessarily quot modern quot systems or networks This mill machine boots into a flavor of DOS starts it's network drivers then has a program written for DOS that runs the machine The network drivers all seem to be working First I made sure that the server is in the C Net DOS networking (net use gives "error 5: access denied") Hosts and C Net Lmhosts files Pinging the server is successful Now when I try the command Net Use G frodo Fryer user Fryer yes I get a different error message - quot Error Access has been denied quot Which is better but still not success Attached is the security log from the server frodo It shows that the Anilam machine name is mill IS trying to connect to the server but is being rejected To test things I created an account on a WinXP computer w the username of Fryer I SUCCESSFULLY mapped the network DOS networking (net use gives "error 5: access denied") drive frodo Fryer using the same password I've been using on the Anilam of course Which means the userid password on the server is fine In this case the server is a Win server What am I missing Additional If I create a quot fryer quot account and a sharename on a WinXP box the quot Net use quot command works

A:DOS networking (net use gives "error 5: access denied")

hey cbarnes,

you probably need to disable the SMB signing of connections made to your w2k8 server.
dos doesn't support SMB...

I found this petri how article that may help..

How to Disable SMB 2.0 on Windows Vista/2008

let us know how you go.

ant

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/139422-dos-networking-net-use-gives-error-5-access-denied.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I also need to disable "safe mode with networking" option. Isn't there really another way except paying for an overpriced hack? (Disable Safe Mode)

A:need to disable "safe mode with networking"

Again, why disable it? There has to be a specific reason for it, or are you simply worried that someone could start up the computer in safe-mode-with-networking and then somehow access it from the outside to hack into it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/190973-need-disable-safe-mode-networking.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I can only assume this is a virus or something haven t installed any hardware "safe in with mode Freezes networking" in it lately Started out just freezing in normal mode when I would access a browser but then started as soon as I would log on I suspect something Freezes in "safe mode with networking" was trying to update I started in safemode it worked then tried safe mode with networking and it froze up after a bit I then reentered safe mode turned off some auto updaters in msconfig startup and am now able to enter selective mode but cannot access the internet no more freezing but I can t establish a connection just opened in normal mode transferred the files over but cant open ANY program not even freecell eventually froze went to safe mode ran HJT dds gmer was it okay to run these in safemode running xp HE bit pretty sure gb ram HIJACKTHIS Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Documents and Settings Kim Desktop HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www inbox com search dispatcher aspx tp aus amp qkw s amp tbid tb id amp language R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Search URL http toolbar ask com toolbarv askRedirect o amp gct amp gc amp q R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant O - BHO Freecause Shopping BHO - C -A - BDD-B C-E A F C - C Program Files Shop to Win ShoppingBHO dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Real RealPlayer BrowserRecordPlugin IE rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO XFINITY Toolbar - b bcce -a b- a-a e -db ee f - C Program Files xfin portal comcastdx dll O - BHO AOL Search Enhancement - EB EA-E BE- CFD- F F-C A C EAFA - C Program Files AIM Search AOLSearch dll O - BHO Fantapper - A D - AB- A- - D F B - C Program Files Brand Affinity Technologies Fantapper Player IEInstaller dll O - BHO BrowserHelper Class - A D F - B- FE -ABEB- B E E CD - no file O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar - B C- C F- BF -B - A - C Program Files AVG Secure Search AVG Secure Search toolbar dll O - BHO Privacy SafeGuard - A D EB -DD - BB - AA - D E DBE - C Program Files PrivacySafeGuard PrivacySafeGuard dll O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll O - BHO z MegawildAdverpopper - AFEB - ADD- E A- - B DE - no file O - BHO Updater For XFIN PORTAL - bb be - eb- c -b f -fc b ea - C Program Files xfin portal auxi comcastAu dll O - BHO Ask Toolbar BHO - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files Ask com GenericAskToolbar dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - BHO SingleInstance Class - FDAD DA - A - FD - C - F AC - ... Read more