Windows Support Forum

local only network - wired

Q: local only network - wired

Alright so I just did a fresh install of Windows build x Everything works just find except my network adapters I'll detail system specs after I explain the problem When i connect one of my cables the computer attempts to identify the network It doesnt I check IPconfig and it gets all DHCP information from my Linksys router but no internet connection I have IPv turned off on both adapters as well as the VMnet adapters i use for VMware Workstation I attempt to ping google only wired - local network com and it comes back ping request could not find host I attempt to ping the router and says host unreachable IPconfig data - Local Area Connection Local Area Connection shows up the same with IPv Address Connection-specific DNS Suffix oxfordnetworks net IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway The Gateway itself sees the Win computer but when i ping from the router local only network - wired to it times out Also I attempted to update the network drivers using the Intel Pro v Vista x drivers and the installer wouldnt let me install the drivers because of quot software not built for your operating system quot System Specs Supermicro X SAX x motherboard core i ATI XFX Extreme Edition gb x gb Corsair XMS WD AAKS GB Western Digital HDD x LG SuperMulti DVD burners Everything EXCEPT the network is working flawlessly on this sytem

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: local only network - wired

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: local only network - wired

Hello Jrdonnaruma,

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

Oxfordnetworks.net is a local outfit. We must practically be neighbors.

Only idea I have is to try installing the Vista drivers in compatibility mode: Info here if needed: Compatibility Mode

Hope this helps and that you enjoy the forums.
Please keep us posted.

Gary

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/7977-local-only-network-wired.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi all network connect Internet while local(wired) on to Can't I have a laptop on which the OS installed is Windows XP This laptop is in a local network wired network and Can't connect to local(wired) network while on Internet is also in a wireless network and we Can't connect to local(wired) network while on Internet access Internet with the wirelesss network The problem is that when I access Internet I can t connect to the local network i e when I ping a machine Can't connect to local(wired) network while on Internet which is in the local network the ping does not succeed How can I do to be able to access to local network while surfing on Internet I provide the following details about the local network and the wireless network The machines on the local network are connected by switches and there is a Windows Server window controller on this network My laptop is configured to obtain its Ip adress on the local network by DHCP My laptop is also configured to obtain its Ip adress on the wireless network there is a wireless router by DHCP I can access Internet only by wireless network I can not access it by local network Thanks Thanks you in advance for your answers nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-local-wired-network-while-on-internet.903237/
Relevancy 71.81%

A friend gave me a Linksys WRV54G wireless router which I'm using only as a wired router for my computer, tivo, and media player. After resetting it, the default settings connected everything fine. So far I've only changed the password.

In the "Wireless/Basic Wireless Settings" tab "Wireless Network Mode" is currently set to "Mixed". Should I go ahead and set that to "Disable" so no one can log onto my network? Also, in that same tab, "Wireless SSID Broadcast" is enabled. Should I disable that? Are there any other security settings I should adjust? (The firewall is enabled.)

I'm running Win 7 32-bit.

Thanks!

A:Solved: Disable Wireless for Wired Local Network?

Yes, set the Wireless Network Mode to Disabled. That is all the wireless security you need, as that actually turns the wireless off. Since the radio is also the most power hungry component you will save a little electricity and the router should run cooler.

Somewhere there is a setting for "remote access." This is to allow a login to the router from the internet; disable it if you have no need to do so. And if you do enable this make sure your login password is a good one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-disable-wireless-for-wired-local-network.1070761/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi No Unidentified Network; LAN/Wired Connection Area Internet - Local Guys I have been experiencing this issue since days ago year on and was having no problems I am currently using a LAN/Wired Local Area Connection - Unidentified Network; No Internet Dell Studio XPS Windows -bit I am able to connect to the internet via wifi however to no avail with my LAN connection I have tried the basic stuff like changing LAN cables testing connection with other Windows Vista XP laptops and they worked except for mine I have tried methods posted online such as the netsh winsock reset disabling IPv setting static IP for IPv etc However none has worked for me Below is my ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Christopher Koh gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name ChristopherKoh Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List nus edu sg mshome net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix nus edu sg Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - - -F -C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ed ea c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday September AM Lease Expires Friday September AM Default Gateway fe d c cf f d fe b c b e bf fe e d aa DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A - F- E- - - -F -C - DNS Servers Primary WINS Server Secondary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix nus edu sg Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -FB- B- -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a b be f a e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday September AM Lease Expires Friday September AM Default Gateway fe e af bf a a fe d a c eafd fe b a c b db fe a d d d b fe d ef ef da c DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A - F- E- - - -F -C - DNS Servers fe a c cfe a Primary WINS Server Secondary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Connection-specific DNS Suffix Search List mshome net Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e f a b bfa Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe f a b bfa Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap nus edu sg Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix nus edu sg Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Can anyone help me

A:LAN/Wired Local Area Connection - Unidentified Network; No Internet

You should automatically obtain your ip address, dns, and gateway, unless directed otherwise by your isp.
Did you "power down/power up" your cable modem and wireless router?
Check to make sure you have the latest driver for your network card.
Can you ping an ip address? Can you ping the router? Can you connect to the router?
Do you have to contend with a firewall from the National University of Singapore?
Researching more. Let me know about this...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/113193-lan-wired-local-area-connection-unidentified-network-no-internet.html
Relevancy 56.76%

i have a compaq presario vista notebook and connectz to the internet through my wired lan connection yet after a week or two i cannot connect and only zhowz local only... help!!
i tried restarting the adapter and troubleshootbut it only zayz "cannot comunicate with primary DNS server" help!!!

A:local only wired lan connection help!!

Describe your network--modem, router, computers, types of connections, etc.--and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-only-wired-lan-connection-help.641167/
Relevancy 56.76%

hallo,(first sorry for my bad english)

i have a problem
i got a packard bell easynote R4 with wifi
last week i installed windows vista home primium 32bit goos fine but when i tried to instal a wireless network , windows says that i dont have installed the correct driver so i tried to make a wired connection (cable over the floor :P) but now i have local only and no internet:S

i hope i am clear (A) because my english isn't that good :P

greetz

EDIT:
problem solved
my laptop didn't recognize my internet card(?) en wifi so i used a usb wifi adapter to download the right driver for my internetcard(?) now i can surf the internet

A:local only wireless and wired

Originally Posted by zoef

hallo,(first sorry for my bad english)

i have a problem
i got a packard bell easynote R4 with wifi
last week i installed windows vista home primium 32bit goos fine but when i tried to instal a wireless network , windows says that i dont have installed the correct driver so i tried to make a wired connection (cable over the floor :P) but now i have local only and no internet:S

i hope i am clear (A) because my english isn't that good :P

greetz

EDIT:
problem solved
my laptop didn't recognize my internet card(?) en wifi so i used a usb wifi adapter to download the right driver for my internetcard(?) now i can surf the internet

---thank you for the info!---I also use a laptop---
peace

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/228732-local-only-wireless-wired.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello all I am troubleshooting a Vista machine that will not connect to the internet I share an internet connection at home through a router using dhcp I can confirm that it works as I have currently machines connected wired wireless and they all connect just fine By the way I am using a wired connection for said machine The identifying, Local Wired help connection... Only, output of ping and an ip address states Code General failure Ping with a url Code host unkown This machine was working about a week ago Nothing was added hardware software that I know of Or at least identifying, Local Only, Wired connection... help that the kids will admit too I did note one occurrence and that is when DHCP gets an ip from my router it is where as my router is configured to begin the adresses in and up Further I don't receive a DNS from DHCP If I manually input an IP in my range subnet of course I get the same output from identifying, Local Only, Wired connection... help command line and Network and Sharing Center I've tried Code ipconfig flushdns disabled enabled the device changed eth cables Diagnose Repair just states that I'm not getting DNS from my router I know this issue has to do with something in windows and not the hardware because I have booted off of a KNOPPIX linux cd and it connects just fine Any ideas would be greatly appreciated I would like to get the children off of my laptop P S I am currently scanning with Malwarebytes AVG then Spybot so I will update if anything changes upon completion Thanks

A:identifying, Local Only, Wired connection... help

I would try to boot in Safe Mode (with networking of course) and try to diagnose it that way.

You have been fairly thorough given your post. If Safe Mode does not shed any light on the issue, I would suggest:

o Use Device Manager to uninstall/reinstall the adapter and let Windows choose the driver

o Boot with your Vista DVD and try a Repair

o Move the adapter to another slot

I hope you get it working

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/267000-identifying-local-only-wired-connection-help.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi all I have been trying to solve a problem with my parents PC for the last couple of day's with no luck so I am turning to you guy's hoping for some success The pc is an Acer unit from running Windows Vista Basic Never had any issues with it until last week The pc was playing a video online from a yahoo news article when it was closed down through the Start Shut down option Since then it has been unable to get a connection to the internet Simple comes up with quot Local Network quot and quot unidentified Network quot No I have tried various thing's in the last couple of day's from searching online although have not had Local Vista only Wired Connection, any luck I have attempted to reset through the CMD prompt I have downloaded new driver's for the onboard card I have deleted Norton Anti-virus and used the full removal tool to complete this I have also changed the ports on the Hub Virgin Media Superhub and checked the cable isn't at fault Now as I am getting a connection to the hub I have made the assumption that this indicates the Lan unit should be working states Vista Wired Connection, Local only in Windows it is working correctly also I have tried turning off the IPv although this made no difference The pc is as it always has been set to Vista Wired Connection, Local only auto detect Also downloaded a windows specific fix which didn't work I know I have to run some prog's but I need to dl them and transfer them which I will do tomorrow but was wanting to get this out there I t seems to be a relatively common issue although typically on wireless but with numerous idea's and suggestions on fixes Thanks for taking a look

A:Vista Wired Connection, Local only

Before posting please read | PC Help Forum

if you can do these scans and post the results please

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-vista/115511-vista-wired-connection-local-only.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a Dell Inspiron 1520 here, that we could not get to connect to the Internet, we'd only get "Local Only" both wired or wireless on any connections. After messing with it for a few hours decided best to just reformat and fix it that way. After a fresh reformat (Vista Home Premium) we get the exact same issue, with a clean install. All other computers connect with no issue, this one doesn't wireless or wired, just "local only"

HELP!

A:Local Access Only on wireless and wired

Ok:You may have bought yourself some more work by the re-format,but first,may we see.
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

Also,regarding the format,if we get this working,it would be a very good idea to go to the Dell site,with the service tag # of your unit,download and install,in this order.For Vista:
Chipset driver
And then,most probably the adapter drivers as well as any other deive that shows error status when you display device manager.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-access-only-on-wireless-and-wired.1015348/
Relevancy 55.9%

So my laptop was working fine ,but suddenly it stopped connection to internet both wired and wireless i get Local only

i can ping 127.0.0.1 ok
         ping own ip   ok
        ping to router gateway = FAIL

checked router with other laptop , router is showing that it is leasing the IP to both correctly , so my problem is with the laptop.

i think if ping to router can be fixed it will fix my internet problem .

please help , thanks in advance .

update : 

When i click diagnose it gives this Error

Update 2 : system restore = no fix

Can connect to other wifi no problem . So i has to be some problem between my laptop and my router :S

A:wired/wireless - local only no internet

Hi,
If you can access the settings of router, check its logs whether getting connection to modem (if modem is a different device not builtinto router) or your logs show acquiring public IP address (different from 192.168.xxx.xxx ) from ISP.
Also, check the dns IP addresses set in router.
Since you cannot ping to your router, check if any proxy server is configured on your laptop. Open IE > Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings.
Also, run 'ipconfig /all' in a command prompt. What does it report? (copy and paste the data after removing any personal data if found)
Did you have any malware/other infection in past?
What does resetting the adapter result in?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562133/wiredwireless-local-only-no-internet/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello,
I am having a problem with my wireless and wired network connections in vista home premium sp1. I only have local access to the wireless network in addition to the wired network. I have done ipconfig /renew, i have disabled ip6 I have opendns as my dns server, I have uninstalled the drivers for both the wired and wireless connection. I did a system restore. I did a power cycle on the router. None of that has helped yet. I have another computer next to me that has no problem connecting to the internet.
I would appreciate any help.
Thanks.

A:Local only in wireless and wired connection

Do the below repairs and then, if those doesn't fix your problem, while trying to connect both ethernet and wireless please show ...

(For Vista type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.
-------------------------------------------------------

(From a JohnWill post)

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista.

Start, Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-only-in-wireless-and-wired-connection.811720/
Relevancy 55.47%

I can connect to my DSL wireless router/modem with my laptops wireless adapter but if I disable it and try connecting with my RJ45 jack it will not obtain an IP from the routers DHCP server. I checked the cabling with another wired computer so that's not it. If I manually assign IP's to two computers on the same hub I can ping back and forth but not the router even though we are all on the same subnet.

I'm stumped but think maybe it has something to do with the DHCP client???
And the router may not respond unless it has given out the ip so manually assigning may not work.

Thanks for any ideas.

A:wireless browses but not wired local connection

Welcome back to the forums.

Try un-installing and then updating your ethernet driver.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/297816-wireless-browses-but-not-wired-local-connection.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I'm new to asking a question so here it goes nbsp nbsp I just upgraded from Vista x to Win x on an HP b Laptop I used to be able to connect to my home network internet both Wired ethernet and Wireless A few months ago I via Area Wired can't connect Ethernet... "Local Connection", No needed to connect with an ethernet cable I usually use wireless and I couldn't I looked in Network amp Sharing there wasn't a Local Area Connection listed just Wireless and Bluetooth and the same thing in Device Manager I tried to find LAN amp Chipset drivers on HP's site but was unsuccessful I upgraded to Win Home Premium x hoping that they'd be there with the new OS but it's the same thing only Wireless and no Ethernet No "Local Area Connection", can't connect via Wired Ethernet... nbsp I'm not even sure what kind of LAN Ethernet adapter controller I've got No "Local Area Connection", can't connect via Wired Ethernet... pretty sure it's a Broadcomm I know that it's on the motherboard and it used to work really I'd really appreciate any help I can get Thanks nbsp PH

A:No "Local Area Connection", can't connect via Wired Ethernet...

Hi: You should be able to use the Vista drivers for the ethernet. This package provides the Ethernet drivers for the Broadcom NICs in the supported notebook models and supported Microsoft Windows Vista Operating Systems (both 32- and 64-bit editions). Try manually installing the driver if the auto install doesn't work. ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp35001-35500/sp35379.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/No-quot-Local-Area-Connection-quot-can-t-connect-via-Wired/td-p/5633180
Relevancy 55.04%

I recently have not been able to connect to the Internet using my wired Ethernet connection When the computer starts it shows quot Limited or No Connectivity quot and nothing I do seems to be able to change that I ve read a lot of things online about this but can t seem to find anything that works so I m trying my own thread with details specific to my system I m connecting directly into an Ethernet port in my dorm room My wireless works fine and I can access the Internet through it but it is much slower than my wired connection would be I m running Windows on Local Connectivity Area Connection Wired Limited XP Professional with SP I did a clean reinstall format of all my data about days ago and reinstalled some software and it has worked fine up until now I don t recall any changes Limited Connectivity on Wired Local Area Connection that actually made it stop working but I tried to uninstall the most recent Windows Security updates I installed I m running Ad-Aware and avast Antivirus but I don t think either of those have caused the problem because my Internet was running fine with both of those before I have a Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Controller as my Ethernet card and its drivers are up to date and it is not listed as having any problems in the Device Manager I ve uninstalled and reinstalled it once but that did not fix the Limited Connectivity on Wired Local Area Connection problem I did quot ping localhost quot and it came back fine which from what I ve read means the Ethernet card is working Things I ve tried Repairing the connection gets stuck at quot Renewing the IP address quot and eventually says it can t finish this step and fails ipconfig release and ipconfig renew at command prompt Release works fine but when I renew I get the error message quot Unable to contact your DHCP server remote time out quot Updating drivers didn t help Uninstalling and reinstalling card didn t help netsh int ip reset reset log netsh winsock reset catalog reboot both operations work but when I reboot I have the same problem WinSockFix exe ran it and rebooted but didn t fix the problem LSPFix exe says I have no problem This is what my ipconfig all shows Windows IP Configuration Host Name vanderbi-fb Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List vanderbilt edu Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Controller Physical Address - -C - - - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix vanderbilt edu Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Network Connection Physical Address - - -C - - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Primary WINS Server Secondary WINS Server Lease Obtained Friday December PM Lease Expires Friday December PM Any help is appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

suddenly my wireless internet connection went and it says "local area connection adapter is not connecting properly". My computer model is HP G5120UK and tried to download drivers from the HP website but nothing worked. can anyone help me?

A:Local area connection not working - only able to connect wired only

Hi ... Welcome to Seven Forums ... Does the Adapter show in the Device Manager ? ...

Which Drivers did you download from the HP Website ? ...
Read the Link below and see if any of the Solutions help ...
Troubleshoot network connection problems

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/376708-local-area-connection-not-working-only-able-connect-wired-only.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I ve got a regular desktop pc and a laptop Both are running Windows If both machines are wired file and printer sharing works like expected If the laptop is on the wireless things go sour The machines don t see each other I can t ping the laptop from the desktop or vice versa Strangely enough if I ping the desktop from the laptop by IP address the desktop will reply At that point the desktop will see the Solved: doesn't file wired-wired works, sharing wired-wireless laptop too and sharing file printer amp media works fine But if Solved: wired-wired file sharing works, wired-wireless doesn't the connection is idle for a couple of minutes Solved: wired-wired file sharing works, wired-wireless doesn't they won t see each other anymore I ve tried all kinds of things disabled IPv on both reconfigured file and printer sharing disabled the firewalls on both But none of these changes have had any effect whatsoever I have also tried to give everything the same name SSID workgroup and network name on the desktop but that had no effect either More info - Wired and wireless clients are on the same subnet - The router is a Linksys WRT- N - AP isolation is disabled - uPnP is enabled on the router Does anyone have any clue how to fix this nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

I am trying to add a new network-ready printer Brother MFC- N to my existing wireless network The printer is connected to a LAN port on the back of a wireless router The pre-existing wireless network consists of a Linksys BEFW S wireless router a wired Windows XP Home desktop and a wireless Windows XP Home laptop The network has MAC address filtering and WEP security enabled I wired WEP network with Solved: security wireless printer on network turned off both MAC and WEP security when installing the printer and the wired desktop was able to detect the printer after going through quot add network printer quot I got the printer s MAC address from the printer test page and added that to the router and turned the MAC filtering back on and still ok I was able to detect the printer from the wired desktop and print I then turned on the WEP security Solved: WEP security with wired network printer on wireless network and suddenly the wired desktop no longer detects the printer tried pinging printer s IP address If I turn off WEP the desktop again recognizes the printer I m not sure why WEP is affecting communication between two components that are both wired into the router I haven t even tried to get the wireless laptop to communicate with the printer yet since I can t even get the wired desktop fully working first I don t want to disable WEP security so that is not an option Brother support says Solved: WEP security with wired network printer on wireless network its an issue with the router Is there some setting I need to change on the router Alternatively I think if I got a wireless print server and entered the WEP Solved: WEP security with wired network printer on wireless network key into the print server it would work but then there was no point in getting a network-ready printer in the first place I could have just kept my old non-network printer Any suggestions would be much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

Hello I need to start by saying I only have a patchy knowledge of networking I have been involved in the Networking of a museum with a set of quot Show quot computers which display video and for this reason cannot have anti virus installed becuase of the performace hit and also the risk of pop-ups on the videos They do however need to be connected to the internet as some are interactive and allow people to send simple emails and they all need to allow remote support when things go wrong It seems the networking was not thought out very well initially and there is a single wireless router which serves the staff and public on a secured wireless network but wired network a wireless a secure alongside network Creating also serves the quot Show quot machines via a wired connection from one of its ports which then connects to a master switch which serves the show machines Now the wired and wireless is on the same network and everything shares the same IP subnet xxx and this is not a good situation in terms of the securuty of the show machines on the wired network So I need to work out a Creating a secure wired network alongside a wireless network way to totally separate the wireless network which will be very prone to people Creating a secure wired network alongside a wireless network opening viruses in their emails etc Creating a secure wired network alongside a wireless network from the wired network which will be the show machines which wont be touched by anyone I want to achieve this in the simplest and easiest way and have been reading about the possibility of setting up a second wired router behind the current wireless one with a different subnet IP address to which the quot Show quot machines could be connected The WAN port on this second router would connect to a LAN port on the wireless router and thus the show machines could get their internet but separated from the dangerous wireless network Does this sound like a sensible start Will the fact that the wired router and show machines are on a completely different subnet to the wireless router and wireless devices mean that the wired network will be protected Or do I need to do more And is this likely to work Many thanks for any advice Cheers nbsp

A:Creating a secure wired network alongside a wireless network

That's the standard way to protect one set of machines from another, while allowing all to use the same internet access. The reason it works is the NAT layer on the second router--it protects its LAN from the other machines the same way it protects from the big scary internet.

If you are using Windows on the "show" machines try Microsoft Security Essentials. It should not adversely impact performance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/creating-a-secure-wired-network-alongside-a-wireless-network.1021598/
Relevancy 51.17%

My computer is a bit Win SP with Pentium Dual Core Ghz and Gb of Ram on a wired network My wife has a Cannot Network from Computer Wired Network Ping a on Wireless similar system using a wireless network She can ping my IP Address but I cannot ping hers We both have full access to the Internet We are using the same workgroup and both computers have file and printer sharing enabled and IPv addresses and DNS server addresses selected automatically The problem appears to be with my computer but I don t know how to solve it Please help Here are my system stats Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Cannot Ping Computer on a Wireless Network from Wired Network Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G Express Chipset Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB M Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P G -M LE Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Hello I'm currently in the process of testing deploying IE in setup XML - file File Local Enterprise Local List Network, IE11 Manager or HTTP, Site our environment and I've begun testing on the IE Enterprise Site List manager I've read that there are a few different ways to configure the XML file to apply via GPO IE11 Enterprise Site List Manager XML file setup - HTTP, Local Network, or Local File per the article below nbsp HTTP Local Network Local File https technet microsoft com en-us library Dn aspx In my isolated testing I've chosen to use the local file method which is very easy to setup and use on a testing machine It looks like we have the flexibility to choose how we apply the XML file and I was curious what the best options are and why nbsp Also are there examples of each setup being used and the benefits downsides to each Here's the options that I can see using HTTP - setup an IIS website to host the XML file Local Network UNC - setup a UNC path on our DFS where we store the current XML file and users would have read only access to that location Local File - We could just deploy the XML file via SCCM package application when updates to the list are required Could anyone please point me towards some articles etc explaining the pro's and cons of these methods and why I might want to choose one over the other nbsp I'm leaning towards just using a DFS share and option because it doesn't require us to maintain an IIS site for it but I am curious to hear if there might be any downsides to this method or benefits to going with another method Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ffeba7b5-ee91-4622-a535-a16b90c4a41f/ie11-enterprise-site-list-manager-xml-file-setup-http-local-network-or-local-file?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello,

I have a comcast modem connected to a netgear wireless router (wgt624). The wireless router connects to a netgear switch (fs108) which from there goes to the pc's in the house. My wireless network works fine but I cant get a connection through the switch.

The ip address through the switch: 169.254.63.132
The ip address through the wireless router: 192.168.1.4

I know thats bad how do I fix?

A:Wireless network good wired network no go

Well, you isolate what the issue is. It could simply be a defective switch or cable.

Since that switch has auto-MDX, you should be able to simply plug a cable into any port on the switch to the router and connect computers to it on the other ports. It's really that simple. If that's not working, and the same cables work when connecting directly to the router, the switch is dead.

Did you try different ports on the switch? Sometimes, only one port dies, and if it's the port that the router is connected to, you won't get any connections.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-good-wired-network-no-go.834640/
Relevancy 50.31%

so i've been trying to fix this for the best part of a week now and its finally got the better unidentified network no network wired access of me and i'm resorting to doing the thing no man wants to do and i'm wired unidentified network no network access asking for help My comp just doesnt seem to be able to get a connection through wired unidentified network no network access the ethernet anymore which is considerably faster and more reliable when it does work all i'm getting is unidentified network no network access i have tried running the troubleshooter disabling the wired unidentified network no network access windows firewall and avg but no joy checked the ip is dynamic reset router adapter and pc tried some reset dns catalog command tried ammending the network type and values in the NIC adapter properties none of these worked so i set them all back to what they were before and nothing has made any difference also tried an ip config release and renew but again nothing thanks in advance for your help heres the ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Gumdrops gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Gumdrops-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Edimax EW- PIn Wireless PCI-Express Ad apter Physical Address - F- F-E -CE-AB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a c b bb d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained April Lease Expires April Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- B-A - -BC-AE-C - F-C - A DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address BC-AE-C - F-C - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e cb bec d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- B-A - -BC-AE-C - F-C - A DNS Servers fd d e c a ff fe c NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap A- - -A E- C F D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BFD -AA B- EC -B -A DFB AA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/394078-wired-unidentified-network-no-network-access.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Ok so I have a netopia modem wireless router Its all set up Heres the problem Wired computer directly through ANY of the ethernet ports can access router and each other but cannot access internet Cannot ping outside my LAN but Network Good/Wired Wireless Bad Network can ping every other computer inside Wireless connected computers CAN access internet and all computers within my LAN Tried multiple computers multiple patch cables Thought it might be modem but if it was modem then I wouldnt be able to access other computers on my LAN when wired but I can That s what is wierd No firewalls are set up on computers hardwired I even have RealVNC on one computer that IS hard wired into modem router and I can access it via any other computer so wired network is working Its like HTTP settings to wired ports Wireless Network Good/Wired Network Bad is blocked Any ideas At amp t doesnt know either but they agree its probably not router NOTE I also hooked in a second router from the modem and tried from THOSE ports Still same problem nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

I set up a wireless network on my router some time ago It's called Balmer I can't connect to my wireless network with my Windows laptop any more However if I connect an ethernet cable to the router from that laptop it connects just fine as long as the cable is connected However it identifies the WIRED network as Balmer I change? Wired as has network do same network name wireless - I how would really like this laptop to connect to the Wired network has same name as wireless network - how do I change? wireless Balmer network so I don't have to plug in the ethernet cable I think the problem with the Windows laptop is that it seems to think Balmer is a wired network at the same time as there is an actual WIRELESS network with the same name I wonder if that is confusing the laptop somehow and keeping it from connecting wirelessly If so what do I do about it I've tried deleting the Wired network has same name as wireless network - how do I change? existing wired network connection but it only gives me a Merge option the delete option is greyed out I should mention that my Windows laptop connects wireless to Balmer just fine as does my cell phone Clearly something is messed up in the network settings for the Windows machine alone I'd really appreciate some guidance on how to get the Windows machine connecting to Balmer wirelessly again

A:Wired network has same name as wireless network - how do I change?

When you set up your network did you happen to change the password? My network has the same name whether I connect wired or wireless. That should not be an issue. If you connect Wired, you do not have to enter a password. Disconnect the Ethernet cable and click on your wireless icon, if it says connected, click on it and you should have the option to disconnect. It should show you all connections available to it. Click on your network, click connect and you should be asked for a password. Enter the password and it should connect.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/388056-wired-network-has-same-name-wireless-network-how-do-i-change.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I am totally new to networking and have been reading up for a week now and cannot work my issue out I realise this is most likely basic questions but total learning curve is a Network Network and Solved: Wireless Wired testing me out I have just purchased a new PC and the OldPC is still good and works fine so I would like to network even if for short time to move large files over Both PC s run XP Home in SP I have a Speedstream Modem with a Belkin Wireless N Router connected to it and through to new PC with Ethernet Cable I have added a Netgear Wireless G USB Adaptor to OldPC Both are connecting to net and work fine Also purchsed a crossover cable and I tried connecting OldPC to Belkin Solved: Network a Wired and Wireless Network Router and was successful - still got net on old PC so everything seems ok there I have Trend Micro trail version on new PC - at least for a short time and AVG Internet Security on OldPC On the Trend Network page I can only see new PC I can log into Belkin Router and see both PC s Also connected at times are PS and an IPod While I had the crossover connected I could see entries on the Belkin for OldPC However no matter all above the original intent to network the via wireless and or crossover I cannot see either from the other PC When I go to My Network Places and select View Workgroup Computers is says that I do not have access Obviosly I have done something wrong I also suspect it may have something to do with Access Pont but not sure How do I get setup nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

ok here is what i have main desk top is and a and comps ps3 a and networking wired wifi 3 one wired wired printer help has this help networking 3 comps wired one wifi and a wired printer and a ps3 wired Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm XP x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce MX Integrated GPU Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard First International Computer Inc AU PCB x C E B Antivirus AntiVir Desktop Updated No On-Demand Scanner Enabled it also has a belkin usbwifi alltel g air card what i need help with is want to conect and share the internet and files this comp though a linksys wrt g router that is wired to the ps and a d-link hub the d-link hub is wire to desk tops and a laptop and a hp printer where do i start for some reson i can only have ether my desktops and my main on net or my ps if ps is on and i want to start net on a comp i have to shut off ps and restart all comps what am i doing wrong nbsp

A:help networking 3 comps wired one wifi and a wired printer and a ps3 wired

lets see an ipconfig /all

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-networking-3-comps-wired-one-wifi-and-a-wired-printer-and-a-ps3-wired.1020626/
Relevancy 49.45%

This sounds really noobie of me but is it possible to improve local network transfer speed by adding a 2nd network card. I was planning to connect one exclusively for lan transfers and another one hooked to a separate wireless router.

Right now only a maximum of 3 users can stream SD videos off the PC before it gets a little choppy.

The pc in question runs on windows 7 and it's board has built in gigabit, I happen to have a spare gigabit card.

A:Will adding a 2nd network card improve local network transfer speed

That won't really help the way you are describing the problem, although adding access points will help with streaming to wireless devices.

Although there is a setting in Group Policy that allows you to use two connections at the same time, I don't believe it will help in this situation.

I've done many HD movie streaming tests on my system.

I can stream from my media PC to at least 7 other machines at the same time, 4 wired, 3 wireless, plus my TV, and have no problems at all, no skipping, no freezing, even with the same movie in the same place or with 8 different movies at once, my TV is connected to my media center PC so counts as the 8th one.

This is Gb LAN, and 300Mbps wireless but even the 65Mbps limited laptop has no problem.

I'm not really sure why you are seeing these limitations but it may be the router.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/275341-will-adding-2nd-network-card-improve-local-network-transfer-speed.html
Relevancy 49.02%

My laptop is connected to a wireless router Netcomm np n via an ethernet cable Recently after updating Windows Vista I had a clean install the internet starts cutting out with firefox with Only" wired "Local Connectivity Limited Vista and being quot unable to find the host www google com quot Vista Limited Connectivity and "Local Only" with wired and various other applications messing up IPconfig while connected Code Windows IP Configuration Host Name IBM-Laptop Primary Dns Suffix Vista Limited Connectivity and "Local Only" with wired Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List NETCOMM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Steganos Anonym VPN Adapter Physical Address -FF- C-D -FE- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Anchorfree HSS Adapter Physical Vista Limited Connectivity and "Local Only" with wired Address -FF- C- - -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TAP-Win Adapter V Physical Address -FF-FB- B-C -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Network Connection Physical Address - -D - F- F-FC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix NETCOMM Description Intel R PRO PL Network Connection Physical Address - - -E -E - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a eea ce Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday August AM Lease Expires Wednesday August AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Primary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description VMware Virtual Ethernet Adapter for VMnet Physical Address - - -C - - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d f e ea c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description VMware Virtual Ethernet Adapter for VMnet Physical Address - - -C - - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F FD - CC - D -A D - F C C E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A BAF- C - C - A D- A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B B -E C - A-A E - E F B C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix NETCOMM Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C A -C - A -... Read more

A:Vista Limited Connectivity and "Local Only" with wired

Do you have the latest Network Interface Card drivers?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-limited-connectivity-and-local-only-with-wired-504286.html
Relevancy 48.59%

HI,

I have installed server 2003 on a small network and created a domain that is the same as the public domain name (ie the companies website).

This is now causing a problem because when i type in the public address (for example www.company.com) it is trying to resolve it locally - because the local domain name is also company.com.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get round this problem?

Many thanks in advance

Dave

A:problem with the local network having the same domain name as the public network

add 'local.' to the internal domain or change it altogether.

Your public domain should not have any connection into your private infrastructure,
but you may have references from private->public; not very common.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-the-local-network-having-the-same-domain-name-as-the-public-network.69968/
Relevancy 48.59%

Here is Network Network Wired and Wireless the scoop I have Wireless Network and Wired Network two Desktops connected thru a D-Link router DHCP is disabled and both computers are manually configured IP Computer Computer As far as each computer seeing each other this is a perfect setup for me Now I needed Computer to access the internet thru another router Wireless Network and Wired Network in the building thru a wireless connection so Wireless Network and Wired Network I bought a USB wireless adapter When I plugged in the Wilreless it gets the following information DHCP Now here is my issue if my wired network and wireless internet are both plugged in I have no internet whatsoever my two desktops still see each other If I unplugged my wired network I can surf the net with no issues I can t eliminate any of the routers as they are very far away from each other What am I missing on my setup What shoud my DNS be on either cnnection wired and wireless What should my gateway be on either connection wired and wireless Does that matter at all Any help clues would be greatly appreciated Thanks Eddie nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi SOrry if this has been asked before but I want to delete my Network and start a fresh. Can't for the life of me find how to do this. Any help or tips?

A:Wired Network

You can start by running regedit, navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles

Delete all the entries under profiles.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/38180-wired-network.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi SOrry if this has been asked before but I want to delete my Network and start a fresh. Can't for the life of me find how to do this. Any help or tips?

A:Wired Network

You can start by running regedit, navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles

Delete all the entries under profiles.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38180-wired-network.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello, I cannot seem to connect to the internet with a wired network through an ethernet cable?

How can I fix this?

Kind Regards

A:No Wired Network

Goto Start>Contorl Panel> Network and Internet> Network and Sharing Center, on the left side of the screen, Click on Change Adapter settings, Check if Local Area connection has a Red X on it... If it does Right click and select Enable.. try connection 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/503884/no-wired-network/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi, I have a lap top and a desk top, and am thinking about a wired network, as I think it would be the simplist way for me to do it, I know I will need a modem router, and I think I will need a long lenght of ethernet cable to connect them, but I am unsure about the lap top, someone told me I would need some kind of an adapter that I put into the lap top, can anyone tell me what equipment I will need. The lap top is set up to the main phone socket and the lap top is about 10 foot away in the next room. Is it possible to set up a network, this way, any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Relevancy 48.16%

I have a laptop and a desktop PC both running windows XP SP2. I have a wired linksys BEFSR41 router and when I plug my desktop into it the lights on the Ethernet ports flash on both the computer and the router and I get a messaged about the wired LAN on my desktop, but it cannot connect to the internet through it. If I run the internet coming out of the wall directly into the desktop it works fine and is able to connect. I also have a wireless access point plugged into the wired router which my laptop can connect to with no problem. Any Ideas on how to get the desktop to connect to the internet?

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi, so I am trying to connect my Xbox 360, PS3 and laptop up to the internet. There is already a desktop connected. I am trying to use a linksys 5-port workgroup switch. I have the cable from the from the modem (comcast provided) plugged into the switch, the cable for the desktop and then a cable linking it to another switch. The desktop connects just fine. The second switch has cables running to the xbox, ps3 and laptop. all of the lights are on both of the switches, however i get the message limited or no connectivity on the laptop and the network connections test fail on the game consoles.

Please Help!!

A:Trying to set up a wired network

Yep, no surprise there. You can only connect ONE TCP/IP device to the Comcast modem, so most folks make that a broadband router so they can share the connection.

Buy a broadband modem and this will all work out as you expected.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trying-to-set-up-a-wired-network.791422/
Relevancy 48.16%

I just purchased a Netgear PS608NA network switch. I'm not sure if it's working or I'm not using it right. The brief instructions say that an indicator light will light up at each of the 8 ports when a cable is installed. These lights flash when power is turned on but not when cables are plugged in. I have several tested cables and have tried all ports in different combinations. The lights don't come on and the info from the router does not pass through the switch. The router modem is configured to send info through the Cat 5 cable. Wireless mode has been turned off. Thank You.

Relevancy 48.16%

I have a Motorola sbg900 that may be intermittent. I want to leave broadband wireless and connect 2 PC's with already installed Cat 5. I don't need the wireless feature. Can I buy a cable router, preferably Linksys, and hook that directly to my COX cable source. Linksys with 4 output ports would be sufficient. Thank You.

A:wired network

I would call Cox and ask them the question. You are paying them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-network.876769/
Relevancy 48.16%

Okay, this is weird. I have a winXP pro on my machine, and on it there are no problems with wireless network, but I can't connect to the wired network. Normally, when I plugged in the cable, it was auto-detected, but now my computer doesn't see the wired network. On Linux on the same computer there are no problems with either wired or wireless.
Could you give me some reasons why it doesn't work/tell me what to provide to narrow down the search?
Thanks.

A:Wired network

Well, the fact that it works wirelessly in Windows, and wired in Linux leads me to believe it's a driver issue in Windows for the wired NIC. That's where I'd be looking first.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-network.778295/
Relevancy 47.73%

My wired network adapter no longer displays when I open "view network connections". It was working fine until yesterday. I have a HP Compaq dc7100 SSF computer. OS is Windows XP Pro. I installed a usb adapter to get a wireless connection but want to go back to the wired connection. It uses a Broadcom driver for windows xp. I downloaded the network adapter driver from the HOP website for this computer but canot get it to display so am unable to use it. Hope someone can help.

I have attached the Network adapter file I used.

A:Wired network adapter

There are a few possible reasons why it would not show up.

The first and most likely is: The network adapter has been disabled in the BIOS settings.
Reboot your computer and press F10 when it first shows anything on the screen. Go into networking and make sure the ethernet adapter is enabled.

The other reason it could be missing is you have a motherboard problem.

My first thoughts are the BIOS issue.

Hope this helps,

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/382001/wired-network-adapter/
Relevancy 47.73%

I need help from a person knowledgeable in setting up a Wired Home-Network system I have a Laptop amp Desktop they have Windows XP Home and Windows XP pro operating systems respectively They both have the windows Office program An HP All-on-one printer I wish to share the printer and files between the two computers Verizon DSL is my ISP I have Venison s Westell Versa Link model W modem and have bought a Linksys model BEFSX ver Router I have spent over hours off amp on trying to get the network going to no avail I have on-line with Linksys support for over hour and Network Wired Problem they are unable to help The biggest problem seems to me is that the Modem will never Wired Network Problem recognize the router I ve tried everything I m beginning to think that the modem and router are not compatible but no one seems to know Do I have the wrong equipment My computers both connect to the Internet via Venison s modem no problem at all What equipment do I need to accomplish my objective nbsp

A:Wired Network Problem

Hold on a second, according to Westell, the modem is not just a modem, its also a 4 port router with firewall! That might explain your difficulties. You need to put the Linksys aside, and use the Westell as both the modem and router. There is a port for the DSL Line connection-----and there are 4 Ethernet Ports, a Wireless Antenna conector.

Once you are configured, then you need to follow directions on how to share folders and a printer. It has been discussed many times on this forum . There is one right below your post on this forum.

This might be of use for any questions you have on the Westell.
http://www.westell.com/content/sales/327W.pdf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-network-problem.416432/
Relevancy 47.73%

My HP Pavilion DV7-1132nr laptop computer has a webcam built into it. I want to know if I need to be on a wireless connection in order to use it. Can I use the web cam on AIM running on a wired connect????

A:Webcam on Wired Network?

To your computer, there's no difference between information sent over a wired connection and a wireless connection, so there should be no problem using it over a wired connection. If anything, it will probably work better!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/webcam-on-wired-network-406776.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Good day everyone i hope you guys can understand my english anyways i am experiencing a problem with my laptop which is samsung u a i am disconnecting to the internet if i am using a wired Wired network problem network but i dont have any problem when it comes to wireless when i tried to troubleshoot it i got Wired network problem these message quot Invalid IP configuration quot but i set it to automatic obtain and quot Cannot found default gateway quot i do the ipconfig all and these is the result Windows IP Configuration Host Name Ram-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address -A -DE-E - - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom n Network Adapter Physical Address - - A- -B - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe Wired network problem GBE Family Controller Physical Address E - - A- - Wired network problem - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe af b e f bd Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday February PM Lease Expires Friday February PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -DD-DB-D -E - - - - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d c b f fe Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe b f fe Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled PLEASE HELP ME

A:Wired network problem

Hi and welcome to the forums

If you can't connect to a network, there might be a problem with your network adapter. You can try using the Network Adapter troubleshooter to automatically find and fix some common problems.

Open the Network Adapter troubleshooter by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting. Click View all, and then click Network Adapter.

Here are some common reasons for network adapter problems, and related solutions:

The network adapter is disabled.

To enable the adapter:

Open Network Connections by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type adapter, and then, under Network and Sharing Center, click View network connections.

Right-click the network adapter icon, and then click Enable. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

The network adapter needs to be reset.

To reset the adapter:

Open Network Connections by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type adapter, and then, under Network and Sharing Center, click View network connections.

Right-click the network adapter icon, and then click Disable. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Right-click the adapter icon again, and then click Enable. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

The adapter is now reset. Try connecting to the network again, or run the Network troubleshooter to verify that your network adapter is now working correctly.

Open the Network troubleshooter by right-clicking the network icon in the notification area, and then clicking Troubleshoot problems.

The network adapter driver is missing, isn't working, or is out of date.

You must be logged on as an administrator to perform these steps.

If you reset your network adapter and you still can't connect to a network, you might need to update the adapter driver. (Updating the driver can solve the problem of missing or failed drivers, as well as outdated ones.) To update your network adapter driver, follow these steps:

Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then, under System, clicking Device Manager.? If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Double-click Network Adapters, right-click your adapter, and then click Properties.

Click the Driver tab, and then click Update Driver.

If Windows can't find the driver on your computer and you don't have a connection to the Internet, you might need to contact the network adapter manufacturer or your computer manufacturer to get the driver. Check the information that came with your network adapter or your computer to see if you have a disc that contains the drivers.

Once you've updated the driver, try connecting to the network again, or run the Network troubleshooter to verify that the adapter is updated.

Open the Network troubleshooter by right-clicking the network icon in the notification area, and then clicking Troubleshoot problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/278514-wired-network-problem.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Our network consists of 3 Desktops, all Windows 7 Home Premium, and one printer, using ATT DSL. It's presently wired through a 2Wire 2701 BHG wireless router modem/combo. It works well, when wired, but is the older G type. The upgrade plan is to use a TP-Link TD-8816 modem/router combo configured as the modem and a Netgear WNR2000 modem/router combo configured as the router, will it work and will it work with ATT. How should the TD-8816 be configured for modem only and the Netgear WNR2000 for router only. My research indicates it can be done but the manuals are impossible. FYI, Dumped my wireless due to slow speed and constant drop offs. ATT was no help. Thanks for your input.

A:Wired network configuration help.

It's very much possible. The modem shouldn't need any configuration, it's the Netgear device that just needs configuring. You'd need access the Netgear device's config settings via Ethernet and change the IP address of it, disable the DHCP server on it as only one DHCP server should be running on the network, which you want your modem to be. Connect the Netgear device to the modem via Ethernet, and configure the SSID to be the same on both devices.

When you set up the router's IP address, keep it out of range of the modem's DHCP server, so duplicate IP addresses won't be given out, for example your modem's IP is 192.168.1.1, so the first IP it gives out on the network will be 192.168.1.2. Setup the Netgear router's IP address to be 192.168.1.99, to keep it out of the IP pool of the modem.

This diagram should help:

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/213907-wired-network-configuration-help.html
Relevancy 47.73%

The problem started about 2-3 weeks ago completely randomly. Every 2 days or so at different times my computer will completely drop its' connection to my USR5461 router and begin looking for the automatically assigned IP address that Windows XP provides. The only fix I've found so far is to reboot the router. The other people connected to my network aren't having this problem so I imagine it is isolated to my machine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi. I'm having internet issues out of no where. It started last night. My wired network computer isn't connecting but it seems the wireless is working on my phone. I searched around and saw some things like uninstalling the device adapter, that didn't work. I tried unplugging the cable mutiple times and that didn't work. I troubleshooted the network and it says it doesn't detect an Ethernet cable. I'm not sure what is going on here

A:Wired network not working?

can we see an ipconfig /all please

ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the information above those entries

For Windows 8 or Windows 10
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/
Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-network-not-working.1154350/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have my wireless all setup nicely, but I prefer mostly wired connection. My router just says on it that it is a wireless router. Can i get also a wired connector out of this? Any help on how to set a wired connection would be helpful. I already have a ethernet cable connected to my desktop and i have Win 7 Home Premium.

Relevancy 47.73%

Okay after being tired about the unreliability of wireless i decided to run an ethernet cable from my router to my computer my wireless connection was really messed up up and it usually crawls at terrible speed and disconnects a lot Im running Vista but my laptop keeps connecting automatically to various wireless networks the only way I can get a connection through my cable is by disconnecting from wired a Question network about a network and then plugging the cable Question about a wired network in Is there a way I can make sure my computer is connecting through my ethernet connection every time instead of wireless and also how to properly configure everything for ethernet I was thinking that I could turn off my wireless adapter through device manager however im unsure if this would mess anything else up - also im not sure which it is under network adapters I have Atheros Wireless Network Adater and SiS Ethernet controller If anybody has any ideas how I can set everything up Question about a wired network so my ethernet connection works properly it would be greatly appreciated thanks nbsp

A:Question about a wired network

Just disable the wireless connection, either in Device Manager or in Network Connections, that won't upset anything else.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-about-a-wired-network.753910/
Relevancy 47.73%

i am having wireless router, is there any problem while connectig to internet if i connect my computer to that router via wired and wireless using two NIC card, both are enabled(active), at the same time

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,

I'm new to networking and have never tried a wired connection from my ps3 to pc(made one wireless connection last year on home pc). Im using a Vodafone dongle so no router. I have connected the two via ethernet cable and the connection is there but "no network access" is below the Unidentified network. tried a couple of different things but no luck. If anyone has the time or inclination to help, it would be much appreciated.

A:Ps3 to PC (W7) wired network not working

Have you tried to create a home network or adhoc network.?
In network settings one of the questions when you setup is do other users connect through this PC, say yes. and continue with set up.

Raz

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/142208-ps3-pc-w7-wired-network-not-working.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi guys,

I recently bought a DLink 905DX from ebay. It came with a power cable (nothing else.)

I'm having trouble getting it all to work.

My setup is like:

NTL modem -> hub (dlink 905DX) > pc1 + pc2

(using straight ethernet cables).

The internet simply does not work (I have yet not tried file sharing but from what I can see thats not going to work either).

I've tried resetting ip address, tried restarting modem + hub but all have failed.

Please advise.

Relevancy 47.73%

Hello there,
Can anybody enlighten me please is it at all possible to set up a network between two computers when one is on a wireless connectio and one wired but both connected to net through same router?

Originally i didn't think it was possible and had dissmissed it as an option for my mothers set up but i'm now questioning the logic for dismissing it. Anyway i'm sure someone here has the required knowledge. Thanks a million Max.

Relevancy 47.73%

Hello guys, Recently I sold my Desktop And brought A new Laptop which Is A Dell Inspiron 17R Turbo
3D Inspiron 17R Turbo laptop | Dell India

As I had desktop So I had A broadband Wired Network Connection. But Here in my laptop I have a LAN Port but I have A Powerful Intel Centrino Wi-Fi.

So my question is that is there any way to make my wired connection as a wirless So that My broadband connection would be at home but I could get its network In my laptop Anywhere I go through my Laptop Wi-Fi.

Please Help Me.......

Thanks.........

A:How To Get Wired Network As Wirless?

Yes, but you will need to buy such a service from your mobile phone carrier, which will come with a 3G/4G usb adapter. It's very popular this days. Not sure what you have available in your country. Other wise you will need a wireless router for you home network which will do wired and wireless connections.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/20547-how-get-wired-network-wirless.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,

I have just rebooted my Laptop and Windows 7 is now telling me that there is no Internet Connection, the Cable is working fine as the router is showing a full Gigabit connection and I can connect to my NAS fine.

But if I connect to the same router Wirelessly I have no problems!

As I can connect to the Internet wirelessly obviosuly my Cable Connection is working, and the Internet cable between the Laptop and the router works (or I wouldn't be able to access my NAS), so I am not sure what could be causing this.

I did last night install some Windows Updates so not sure if this could have caused the problem!

Any ideas.
Thanks,

Gavin,

A:No Wired Network After rebooting

Quote: Originally Posted by gavinjb

Hi,

I have just rebooted my Laptop and Windows 7 is now telling me that there is no Internet Connection, the Cable is working fine as the router is showing a full Gigabit connection and I can connect to my NAS fine.

But if I connect to the same router Wirelessly I have no problems!

As I can connect to the Internet wirelessly obviosuly my Cable Connection is working, and the Internet cable between the Laptop and the router works (or I wouldn't be able to access my NAS), so I am not sure what could be causing this.
I did last night install some Windows Updates so not sure if this could have caused the problem!

Any ideas.
Thanks,
Gavin,

Hi Gavin and welcome.
If I'm not mistaken you are saying that your wireless setup is working fine but your direct wire from your laptop to your router doesn't work.

I would ask myself I installed something prior to this bootup that may have caused this. Any new software install of Win7 updates?

I would first turn off my wifi on my laptop and then try to hookup to the wired router. I know this may sound strange but it's an quick and easy elimination just in case.

I would then check my network card under device manager and see if it has an error by a large exclamation point. I would also check and see if I have the latest drivers and try to update (wirelessly of course)

This is just a start. Let me know what you find out?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/80426-no-wired-network-after-rebooting.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, I set up connection to 2 of my pc's through a wired connection to my router. How do I set up the PC portion of it so I have a network? Both pc's are using windows 10 pro. I havent done this since windows 98 so its been a while. Any positive help is appreciated.

thx

A:configuring a wired network

If you have two (or more) devices connected to the same router they are already on the same network.

With Windows 10 then you can try to use a Homegroup or you can enable file and printer sharing. I think that enabling file and printer sharing is similar to the following (I can check later if this doesn't work) ...

Short description for Windows 7 and 8/8.1 file and printer sharing:

Go into the Network and Sharing Center from the Control Panel or from the Network icon in the Notification Area. Your network must be designated 'Private' (or 'Home' or 'Work'). Click on Change advanced sharing settings. In the Private or Home or Work section you can configure File and printer sharing, Public folder sharing, and Password protected sharing.

You may want to change the Workgroup name. To check it or change it right click on "Computer" and select "Properties."

You must uninstall or properly configure any non-windows firewall (security suite).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/configuring-a-wired-network.1162599/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I am having difficulty networking computers and getting them to access the internet i have the default computer set as automatically configue ip and dns and it has connected with ip and as the subnet mask the default gateway is though a us robitcs router and i can ping the default gateway fine and i can fully connect to the internet through this pc without any problems however when i go to the nd computer that i want to network i cant ping the default gateway and i Network Router Wired via Help have obtain ip address automatically and dns server automatically however it cant retrieve an ip address and just Wired Network via Router Help comes up with an error and therefore i am unable to connect to the internet i have tried lots of different ips and nothing seems to work at all i disabled all firewalls and anti virus too i cant seem to get computer to connect to this one i am gaining internet access with now Can anyone help Simple answers only too nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi there I am currently setting up a computer network i m a total novice but I understand what to do i think I have a few questions that i want clarified We already have hardlink installed via the router for the whole unit and it would be to complicated to install a wire going from place to another well over Ft plus Setup Wired Network lots of concrete So that have wired us up a hardlink into one of the offices This hard link works fine with no problems I have purchased some Cat e cable Port switch and some patch cables and some single face plates Would I be able to Plug a patch cable from the hardlink into the port then a wire from the port into the wall port faceplates that link our computers then plug a wire into the port and into the computer in that office Would I be able to install a server over this network via Ethernet patch cables As I have setup a wallport faceplate with cable connecting the rest of the network Can Wired Network Setup I have a single wire going from one face plate to another face plate Then have a single wire in from the next wallport face plate from previous plate and one wire out to the next wallport face plate and the same again to another face plate Would any of these methods Wired Network Setup work as I have already wired up the cable to the back boxes and luckily I haven t wired them into the face plates Many Thanks If anyone wants to know what i mean in drawing PM me and I will send you a drawing of what you require Also all the computers are using Windows Professional and the server will run on Windows Server nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

I'll start by telling you all that I am an avid PC Gamer (World of Warcraft mostly), perhaps that might be of relevance.
I'm going to be getting a 2nd computer in the next few weeks and have decided to go with a wired network as opposed to wireless due to instability concerns.
However, in order to connect the 2nd computer to the Ethernet Hub, I will need to run a 50ft Ethernet Cable (Either Cat5E or Cat6, have not determined).
My question is... Will the speed lost due to the length of the cable be anything significant enough to interfere with something such as WoW?
(I am currently using Time Warner's Roadrunner internet, 5mbps)

Thanks!

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I am setting up a network using wires There are two computers One of my computers has been networked before so I know that is ok but this other one hasn t The motherboard manual says that it has a RJ port quot This allows connection to a LAN through a Network Hub quot This is the computer I want to be the master What is a network hub Do I need to buy one I am going to town soon and so need to know what I need So far I am thinking that I only need a wire to connect the two computers Do I need anything else really Setting - a up network help! need wired Is this RJ what I need or do I need to buy a NIC Basically I have a computer with a network card and I think my other Setting up a wired network - really need help! has a network card RJ and so I think that I only need to buy a wire I am dumb at networking Also is it simple to get an internet connection on the connected computer And do the two network slots have to be compatible or anything Both are using XP Thanks Help really needed appriciated Dan PS on the computer with the RJ port in device manager under network adapters is shows my modem and net adapter Is this what I need And do I need to install anti-virus firewalls on the computer not connected to the internet nbsp

A:Setting up a wired network - really need help!

Yes, if it's a RJ45 jack, then it will work just fine. You don't have the local area connection listed under the network adapters, so you probably need to install the drivers for the network adapter.

Hub.. Where were you going to connect the computers? If you are just going to link the two computers, then all you need is a crossover cable. If you actually have some network device to connect the computer to, then you already have your "hub".

No, you don't need a firewall if there's no internet connection and you trust the other computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-a-wired-network-really-need-help.50567/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a ethiernet cable that I can connect to my pc and get internet, when I connect that same cable to the wirless router, I can't get internet, what am I doing wrong. The PC I am using connect to other wireless routers on the same network, but this ethiernet cable only work on pc when put in direct

Relevancy 47.73%

ok so ive got my Dell precision M90 laptop dual booted with Ubuntu 7.10 gusty gibbon linux and windows xp se2 and on the ubuntu side i dont have this issue so i know its not hardware related, but on the windows side xp just wont connect to the internet through a wired connection. i can use wireless but i dont have it where i am now, only wired, and i miss my clan on rappelz. but back to the point, ive tried everything i can think of the solve the problem but to no avail. ive done everything from open everything to automatic to specific ip addresses and dns even tried reinstalling the drivers but nothing worked so any help would be fantastic.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wired-network-not-working-205416.html
Relevancy 47.73%

So this doesn't make any sense to me. I have vista home premium x64 installed on my custom desktop pc and I've always used a wired connection to a netgear router and cable modem to get it on the internet. Recently, I unplugged the ethernet cable WHILE THE COMPUTER WAS OFF and reconnected it WHILE THE COMPUTER WAS STILL OFF and now I can't connect to the network. It calls it an unidentified network and it only gives me local access. I've tried the diagnose and repair, reinstalling network drivers, and resetting my router. What's my problem here? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Can't Connect to Wired Network!! Please Help!!

Hi BigSexy,

This doesnt mean something about just cause u removed the cable and reconneted this happen. its most liky that there may be a problem with the cable or the Network Card. So What you can try is try connecting the cable to another computer and check to see wheter that computer works. if It does then you could check your network card by replacing it with another card. Also Check the router wheter Its working propely by connecting it to another pc,.

Hope this helps
Cheers !!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/215628-cant-connect-wired-network-please-help.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I want to connect 2 computers together to send data from one to the other. Then I'll copy a partition to an empty computer.
Thanks for help.
Bill

A:How to set up wired network in Windows 8.1

This depends on what infrastructure you have. If your both devices are wifi enables, you can create a Wifi hotspot and connect other to share files. If you have a Lan cable, you can make then acting as LAN.

Reply with your machine details (Hardware and availability).

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/37442-how-set-up-wired-network-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi there I ve been searching countless web pages and saw some other people having similar problems as me but I cant find any solution to mine My internet connection was fine until the router went down for maintenance I suppose ipconfig shows that I have an IP address and default gateway as normal The connection on the wired interface is showing I m connected to the internet but I can t ping outside of the default gateway When I tethered an internet connection from another system using the same cable and socket I can use the internet on my pc I ve also tried most of the things I could find but it is still not working Here are the things I have done till now gt ipconfig release gt ipconfig flushdns gt ipconfig renew gt netsh winsock reset catalog gt netsh int ip reset reset log hit gt ran system restore gt installed new drivers for the onboard NIC gt made sure there are no proxy settings and ipv and ipv are set to automatic gt uninstalled all antivirus and disabled firewalls gt plugged in the cable to another system and the internet Wired working Wi-Fi not network but is still works My limitation is I live in an apartment where the connection is provided only via wall Wired network not working but Wi-Fi is socket to their router which I have no access to But since the wall socket is still giving internet on another system im pretty sure it is my pc s problem Please help System spec windows bit Intel R V Gigabit Network Connection nbsp

A:Wired network not working but Wi-Fi is

Post a log of ipconfig /all

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wired-network-not-working-but-wi-fi-is.188787/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I hope somebody can help me with this Recently today I changed from Wireless to Wired connection Everything was working fine until I was installing drivers on my brother s computer I thought that maybe there was some management software for the card Intel Pro VE I mistakenly went to the Intel site for the drivers and software instead of the Dell site I have a Dell Dimension I installed the drivers and now it says that it is connected but when I try to access the internet it doesn t work I have tried using system restore driver rollback new drivers different settings etc but none work except for when I removed and reinstalled Network problem Wired the network component in Add Remove Programs and then restarted After that my PC showed that skype was connected I tried Messenger Google Talk and IE but they don t connect at all After about mins though Skype was offline and didn t come back online So can anybody suggest something I m thinking maybe something to do with the TCP IP or maybe i m completely off track nbsp

A:Wired Network problem

What does your device manager show in the Ethernet Adapter section? In your local area connections is the only one listed the Ethernet adapter you have? If there are more you may want to disable all the others until you have it working. What is the IPCONFIG /ALL of this PC that isn't working does the Ip scheme match what the routers IP is?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-network-problem.438015/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,
I have this unidentified network problem when i'm using a wired connection. Wireless is fine and all but wired no.
Here is a bunch of things i tried:
-Reinstall Driver
-Bonjour service uninstalled, and reinstalled
-enable and disable driver
-Reset router
-Static IP
-Updating driver
-Switching to different routers (Same problem on all routers i tried) Current router: Linksys WRT160N V.1
-Disabled IPv6
-WOL and Shutdown link to 100 Mpbs first
-Also tried different cables
-Giving network address to present with random Letters a-f and numbers 0-9
-Putting only manual DNS
-Tried on different computer still doesnt work
-Wont even work on PS3

So is there anything else i can do? i've tried almost everything. I dont think its my router as i tried different routers. What could it be?

A:Unidentified Network Wired TRIED EVERYTHING

When did this problem start? Were your wired devices previously able to access the network?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/125041-unidentified-network-wired-tried-everything.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I've been searching around for a fix to my issues but I cant seem to find one so Ill try just taking a stab in the dark and seeing if anyone will reply Now I am using my on-board RTL C NIC to connect to a Netgear DG Gv using a cat cable My network connection state varies from full access to none at all Sometimes I turn the computer on and it works fine other times I have to disable then enable the NIC - times and eventually it works then doesn't work It also appears that when all the planets align and for some reason or another I can actually get on the network that the NIC gets quot overloaded quot with information then just disconnects me Say for example I can go around facebook and google that sort of thing fine when said connection is working but say Network Issue Wired if I want to load up something like World of Warcraft it appears to break my connection I have tried using Gigabytes drivers on their webpage specific to my mobo I have gone to Realteks website and used their latest drivers and I have also just used the bog standard windows drivers it appears when I do uninstall the device and then reinstall it with Wired Network Issue one of the drivers the device appears to work but then after - minutes maybe the device fails me again I've been reading around and I have disabled the Bonjour service and set up the network as quot Work quot network This issue seems to come and go too It appears to hang around from a day or somehow repair itself and be fine for another - weeks and break again Actually since Sunday I have been having this problem Saturday I was pretty much downloading all day at my max kbps Go go Australia's amazingly fast internet no problems at all We have other computers on the network laptops One using the other using Vista They do not have any issues at all Anyway here are IPConfig's One where my network connection is fine The other where it is broken INTERNET WORKING Windows IP Configuration Host Name Jays-Computer Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - F-D - E-CA-D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday December AM Lease Expires Thursday December AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address cf e d d e c Prefer red Link-local IPv Address fe d d e c Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap AEC D -E - E -A D-F D FD E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes INTERNET BROKEN Windows IP Configuration Host Name Jays-Computer Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - F-D - E-CA-D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday December AM Lease Expires Thursday December AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap AEC D -E - E -A D-F D FD E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:Wired Network Issue

Your Netgear DG834Gv2 shows support for Windows 7. From what I see everything should be up and running. A cmos clear may fix the board if that is the problem. I would also try to reset the router and see if it helps.

Shows support for Windows 7 > Maybe a firmware update will help but it mentions nothing about Windows 7. http://kb.netgear.com/app/products/model/a_id/2327

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/com...4Gv2&os=64-bit

Gigabyte also shows support for Windows 7 and your board.
GA-EP43-DS3 (rev. 1.0) - GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - Driver

I think that computersplus means this setting in power settings. Just go to the wireless adaptor setting and tell it not to sleep. I'm not sure if you are using wireless or not. Don't know if that will help or not but works sometimes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/50575-wired-network-issue.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I have an old USB wired (Cat5/Cat5e/Cat6, ethernet, LAN, NIC...) network card, but ever since I installed 64-bit Vista Ultimate, I can't find any products with drivers for the OS.

Has anyone had any luck with a USB network card on Vista x64?

In advance,
1. Yes, I need x64 to break the RAM barrier on this computer.
2. It's a laptop, and I don't need more cards to remove when I undock it.
3. Two networks at a university: one from the school with autherntication, and the other goes to my small in-room network.

Relevancy 47.73%

hello I am having trouble with my internet connection wired problems network 7) (win it was working fine up until a couple of days ago but now it has completely stopped It is a wired connection and does not appear to use a modem the wire comes in directly through the wall strange i know but apparently it s common here in russia The provider uses its own dialup connection program which appears on the desktop double click it and the computer connects to the internet - wired network problems (win 7) at least it used to Now when you open the program it says the internet is connected however it is not if i open the status tab it gives the following information IPv Connectivity No network access IPv Connectivity No network access Media State Connected I have run ipconfig all the details are as follows Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Sandra gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Sandra-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing wired network problems (win 7) Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List ultra net ru PPP adapter UltraNet - Internet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description UltraNet - Internet Physical Address DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom b g WLAN Physical Address C - -FE- -CE- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix ultra net ru Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - - E-ED-F - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dd e c de f b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained November Lease Expires November Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -DE- - - - - E-ED-F - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef b dd c f e bf Prefer red Link-local IPv Address fe dd c f e bf Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap D - B - B -A -D C C E F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable Microsoft To Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap ultra net ru Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix ultra net ru Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B - F F- A-B B -B CE FC ABD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP ... Read more

A:wired network problems (win 7)

What firewall or security suite is, or ever was, on the system?

As far as I can tell the ipconfig /all information looks reasonable and you may have to contact your provider is this is not a firewall issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-network-problems-win-7.1077659/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi there I recently moved in network! to Trying wired setup home my to Trying to setup my wired home network! a new townhome I found a panel in the closet and the Comcast installer told me I could use that to Trying to setup my wired home network! activate the cat- ports I ve found throughout the place After he left I started thinking that would be a fun idea I opened up the panel but I m not Trying to setup my wired home network! exactly sure how to get it all going I m going to post some pictures of it I want the hard-wired network active and I also want my wireless router active I m not sure how to get started How can I hook up the modem my wireless router and this network wall panel The wall panel contains a black box with plugins and a linksys hub I also need my phone working which is through the comcast modem It d be nice to have it working in the hard-wired ports which I think is what the Signamax Converter Box is for But for the worst case hooking up just a base to the modem s phone port and using the rest wireless would not be a problem So that s just a bonus feature Here are the pictures http img imageshack us img wholepanel jpg http img imageshack us img blackboxtop jpg http img imageshack us img blackbox jpg Also the ethernet cable I usually run between the router and the modem is currently plugged in to the black box so I m not sure how to connect the modem into everything and where the wireless router should fit in as well Any advice Thanks for any help nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

I work in a small office, and we have a network already in place however we are opening a career center and the computers in there do not have wirless cards. There is an ethernet port in the room so I am wondering if I can just place a wired router in that room and connect all the computers to that or do I have to buy wireless cards since there is an exisiting network in place?

Thank you

A:Wired Router on Existing Network

Hi:The ethernet port/cable is connected to:
Modem or router.?
Do you need to share resources with pcs on the existing network ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-router-on-existing-network.898018/
Relevancy 46.87%

So I had a very very very long post all ready to go because I lost my xp home network and could not get it set back up After over a week and hours after hours of pouring over Tech Guy posts and other internet sites trying anything and everything posted Wired/Wireless Network Home XP to get the network back to working order I finally found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow here http forums techguy org networking -windows-xp-home-my-network html Of the four things listed in Services Workstation Server XP Home Network Wired/Wireless TCP IP Netbios helper Computer Browser some of them were disabled and not started Once I made sure all four items were on Automatic and Started I had my network back and running So THANK YOU Tech Guys you are the first place I turn when I have a problem Second now I need help adding a laptop to the network or other suggestions Two Desktops both on wired network Have laptop I connect wirelessly to router for internet I attempted to XP Home Network Wired/Wireless add a wireless network to main Desktop using the setup wizard which has me use a USB drive to save settings but when i put the USB into laptop and let it run I loose internet connection I already had and it just says quot Acquiring Connection quot FOREVER Now the main thing I want to be able to do is access files on Desktop used as server and also be able to use printer which is plugged into Desktop from laptop my printer is not wireless I can ping D from laptop by name and IP but can only ping laptop from D by IP address not name don t know if that is important or not Any help on this all computers running XP Pro Svc Pack nbsp

A:XP Home Network Wired/Wireless

have a read here
TCP/IP Home Networking and File Sharing Tutorial
http://www.homenethelp.com/web/howto/net.asp

how to share a printer on XP network
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/honeycutt_july2.mspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-home-network-wired-wireless.950744/
Relevancy 46.87%

Howdy all.

I'll start by describing my current setup..

Vista Home Premium computer w/ Linksys WRT54GL router (this computer is wired)
1 Vista Ultimate Wireless Laptop
1 Vista HP Wireless Laptop
1 Windows XP Pro Wireless Laptop
1 Vista Ult. / Win 7 Pro Wireless Desktop

I have a Windows XP Pro machine I'm trying to wire into the router. I know the NIC and ethernet chord are good as I tested them with ICS w/ my 7 machine -- connected fine.

When I plug the cable into my router, however, the following occurs:

"Acquiring Network Address . . . " for about two seconds
"Disconnected (w/ the red X)" for about two seconds
"Acquiring Network Address . . . " for about two seconds
"Disconnected (w/ the red X)" for about two seconds

..and on, and on without end. I'm just wondering what it is I'm doing wrong. I'm not a big networking guy, so any help would be appreciated.

A:Wired Network Connection Issue

Sounds like a driver issue. Check you device manager for NIC driver error. If no error, update driver. If all else fails, uninstall NIC driver and then reboot, this will install the original driver that came with the system. It could be a bad NIC card as well. Easy to check, pop out old one and put in a new one, driver should load automatically, then plug in cat5e cable.

Also, check for adware, malware, spyware, trojans, worms and virus's. These sometimes can effect your system in a bad way and cause conflicts with hardware and software. Start here first then do the above if issue is not resolved by cleaning the PC from bugs.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/245638-wired-network-connection-issue.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I am using a PC and a laptop I have them connected via a ethernet network cable The problem is I am unable to share my printer in the network I have internet on both PC and laptop I can see the host computer via the laptop and I can see the guest computer via the desktop My printer is hooked up and I can use it on wired PC to problem. Laptop Network the host computer but not the guest Actually the only thing I can share is the internet connection No files printers or anything else The printer is set to share on the host but when I search for it on the guest laptop it is unable to find it I know the cable functions because if I unplug it from the laptop I PC to Laptop wired Network problem. am no longer able to see the other computer and I go back to local access My network icon in my system tray says Currently connected to Network Access local and internet Both systems are running windows Vista Any suggestions on how to correct this issue nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Currently, I am connecting both wirelessly and through wire to my router when I run Windows 7. I know both are configured but is there a way to make the wireless (for instance) connect only if the wired connection isn't there?

ipconfig shows two IPs and it seems like a waste of power to keep the connections on when I'm only using one of them.

any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

A:Do not want both wireless and wired network connections

I have a similar setup and don't know if you can have your wireless automatically enable if your wired goes offline which in sense your wired is more reliable. I have a wired connection to a wireless bridge and a wireless adapter I use both for connections but not at the same time. I have 2 shortcuts on my desktop to enable or disable 1 or the other I don't run both simultaneously.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/39691-do-not-want-both-wireless-wired-network-connections.html
Relevancy 46.87%

We have a D-link wired router. Connected are 1 desktop running Vista (+printer), 1 laptop running Vista and 1 desktop running XP. The vistas can both see everything in the network; the xp can't see anything. Tried pinging desktop vista from xp and did get reply but cannot see network. Have turned off Windows Firewall on XP. Any suggestions on how to make XP see the rest of the network gratefully received.
thank you

A:wired network missing computer

Have you tried shutting off the firewall on the vista machines?

Also make sure they are all on the same workgroup.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-network-missing-computer.813030/
Relevancy 46.87%

Win 7 Ultimate 64bit, dual ssd's (120g) in raid. Connected to router, router connected to modem.
When I put curser on network icon it says "no connections available" I checked for drivers and they are fine. Both device (onboard) and drivers are fine. I removed and re-installed drivers, but same. i can connect to internet and surf fine, but some programs i have will not launch simply because i believe it detects first if i am on network or not and since windows cant detect network, these programs wont launch. I have already flashed the bios, re-installed chipset and changed net cable. I also bypassed the router straight to moden. When i try to run win network troubleshooter, it says the same "no network to troubleshoot".
Dont know wat else, any thoughts?

A:Win 7 cannot detect wired network on pc, but internet can be used

Quote: Originally Posted by cornerblue

Win 7 Ultimate 64bit, dual ssd's (120g) in raid. Connected to router, router connected to modem.
When I put curser on network icon it says "no connections available" I checked for drivers and they are fine. Both device (onboard) and drivers are fine. I removed and re-installed drivers, but same. i can connect to internet and surf fine, but some programs i have will not launch simply because i believe it detects first if i am on network or not and since windows cant detect network, these programs wont launch. I have already flashed the bios, re-installed chipset and changed net cable. I also bypassed the router straight to moden. When i try to run win network troubleshooter, it says the same "no network to troubleshoot".
Dont know wat else, any thoughts?

If you can post a screen shot of the ipconfig/all from this machine it would be most helpful.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/255452-win-7-cannot-detect-wired-network-pc-but-internet-can-used.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I am going to set up a wired network between two computers in my home. I have a Linksys Broadband Router with Phone Ports (from Vonage since I use VoIP phone) and I want to plug in an ethernet cable to run it to a Linksys LNE 100 TX 10/100 LAN card in another computer. First, is this all the hardware I need? Are all ethernet/network cables equipped with the same ethernet plugs? Do the colors of the cables mean something? Where might I find the best deal on cable? Thanks for ANY/ALL help.

Relevancy 46.87%

I have one computer wired from the cable modem through the router and the laptop wireless. I run the Network Setup wizard on XP and the laptop runs it great the wired desktop comes up with the following error message:

An error occured during configuration of the network on
this computer. You can configure your network manually
or you can run the wizard again with different settings.

I can see both computers on the desktop under "workgroup computers" but not on the laptop and it will not let me into the laptop from the desktop if you click on it showing. Please help!!

A:Combined wired/wireless network!!

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt.

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/combined-wired-wireless-network.612410/
Relevancy 46.87%

We ve got two network? What XP wired set wireless & order up to brand new Dell XPS PCs both with XP Media Center One is a desktop other is a laptop We re using the existing Belkin wired router to share an SBC DSL internet connection with a modem What order to set up XP wired & wireless network? in different rooms The laptop is now going wireless and we bought a Netgear Mpbs wireless router that will replace the Belkin When we connected the new desktop to the existing wired router it connected to the internet easily same with the laptop with the wired connection No problem But now we re wanting to also share a printer and the internet connection I just am not sure how to start do I set up the new wireless router and have XP configure the connection or do I use the Netgear setup CD And in what order does it have to be setup i e which computer Also to further complicate things I want to network my old Thinkpad What order to set up XP wired & wireless network? laptop Win so I can get files transferred from it to the new laptop It s got an ethernet adapter but in the past I ve not been successful in getting the thinkpad networked except for the internet connection Any help would be appreciated Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

I need to grow my wired home network rooms have Cat cable from my Home Wired Network a Expanding router to wall jacks in various rooms I have a D-link wireless N router D- I think with ethernet ports the wireless feature of the router is used occassionally by guests with laptops or smart phones of the ports run Expanding a Wired Home Network to Windows XP desktop computers and one port to an Xbox live I have a broadband cable modem also going to Expanding a Wired Home Network the router and all ports have excellent connections to the internet I have wired Expanding a Wired Home Network more rooms with RJ outlets for possible desktop computers and one of the rooms with an extra RJ outlet for a networked printer At one time I wanted to put one of my desktops and an Xbox Live in the same room that only had one jack and I wanted them both to be able to connect at the same time I purchased a Linksys Cisco port Workgroup Switch Mod EZXS W Attached it to the ethernet port in the room via the Uplink port and plugged in the Computer and the Xbox and although they both worked they both didn t work at the same time The Linksys Switch is quot Compatible with half- and full-duplex mode support the Linksys EZXS W can work doubling the speed of normal half-duplex devices The Linksys EZXS W boasts five auto-sensing ports and Uplink port with NWAY technology to automatically detect the cabling type and speed and optimize transmission rates to match the needs of connected devices Advanced Store-and-Forward Packet Switching and Signal Regeneration features help maintain data accuracy and integrity even during heavy activity quot Now it looks like I have enough equipment to expand my home network by but I am confused as to how it should be hooked up and where the cable modem the wireless router with ports and the port switch are placed in the system and how they all get connected Also do I need anything else in terms of equipment or wireing to make it work Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Information Router U S Robotics Wireless MAXg Router USR Firmware Mar Computers Connected wired Cable Modem Motorola Surfboard SB Security Method WPA and WPA Encryption TKIP Network wired connections With problems and AES --------------------------------------------------- The thing is I have computers Network problems With wired connections connected constantly via wired connections The one i m posting this one and another room in the house that also has a wired connection The one in the other room has connected randomly since I changed to this router from a very old dlink I chose the us robotics because well I really don t know should have gone with linksys or belking but either way it s what I have and I need it to work Ok so back to the main problem Right now the computer is connected and it shows connected but it s not receiving any data It s not pinging any server and under ipconfig all this is what it shows --------------------------------------- Windows Ip config An internal error ocurred The request is not supported Please contact MS product support services for further help Additional information Unable to query host name --------------------------------------- This is a hijack log from that computer When the computer loads it s extremely slow takes around minutes to load completely but it s only loading processes at much I know there s something wrong but scans wont show anything Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbfbmgr exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbfbmon exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Documents and Settings carmen Desktop hijackthis HijackThis exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO DgnWebIE - DAC - EF- D - BA- D - C Program Files Dragon Systems NaturallySpeaking Program web ie dll O - BHO IeCatch Class - A -E CA- D - CD - D B - C PROGRA FlashGet jccatch dll O - HKLM Run ATIPTA quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe quot O - HKLM Run Lexmark X Series quot C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbfbmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run ATICCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe quot runtime -Delay O - HKLM Run VTPreset VTPreset exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra context menu item Download All by FlashGet - C Program Files FlashGet jc all htm O - Extra context menu item Download using FlashGet - C Program Files FlashGet jc link htm O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button FlashGet - D E A -E C - d - D - BA E - C PROGRA FlashGet flashget exe O - Extra Tools menuitem amp FlashGet - D E A -E C - d - D - BA E - C PROGRA FlashGet flashget exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip D B- - - - E NameServer O - Winlogon Notify WgaLogon - C WINDOWS SYSTEM WgaLogon dll O - Service Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc - C WINDOWS system Ati evxx ... Read more

A:Network problems With wired connections

won't hurt to reset your stack:

For these commands, Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt.
Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-problems-with-wired-connections.492842/
Relevancy 46.87%

Can anyone tell me how to connect to my wired network from my wireless connection?

Relevancy 46.87%

I have a network of 4 computers at home, all connected to a modem and router...I will soon be introducing another computer (a laptop) and obviously with the portability I would prefer (with its built in wifi) to be able to go online anywhere in the house with the laptop...however I'd rather not have to fork out for a wireless access point when only the laptop will make use of it...

I have an idea, and would like to know if it is possible; could I add a usb to wifi converter to one of my existing computers, and then set the laptop up to connect to that computer as the gateway (which in turn connects to the router as the gateway)...is anything like this possible? or even just an rj45 - wifi converter or something lol

thanks for reading folks!

A:I would like to add a wireless connection to my wired network...Help if possible!

Yes.

Windows XP comes with a bridging feature meaning you can "bridge" two network connections.

So you set up an ad hoc wireless network on one of your desktops and bridge the wireless connection with the wired one. Then you can join the ad hoc network with the laptop and you will efectively be a part of the wired network too.

A tutorial here: http://www.homenethelp.com/web/howto/windows-xp-bridge-setup.asp

PS
A cheap access point would still be a much better solution..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-would-like-to-add-a-wireless-connection-to-my-wired-network-help-if-possible.20192/
Relevancy 46.87%

I would like to share this new USB printer between both of my XP PCs. I am using an older broadband D-link wired router to connect to the Internet, but it does NOT have a port for the printer. I have read that security is an issue when you make things shareable. Can you help?

A:Share new USB 2.0 HP printer on my wired network

Connect the printer to one of the machines - right click on the printer object and goto Sharing and Security. Share the printer out. Goto the other machine and simply map the share.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/share-new-usb-2-0-hp-printer-on-my-wired-network.12396/
Relevancy 46.87%

as said in my last post i am very new to networking, so i dont want to fool around with router settings unless i know what im doing. i have a brand new wireless router by d-link DGL-4500. when i connected it up to my gigabit switch [my network is like this] motorola surfboard cable modem SB5100 d-link EBR-2310 wired router and 2 linksys SD2008 gigabit switches] when i connected up the wireless router i got this error message on the tiny screen

"The addressing of the internet side learnt thru DHCP conflicts with the addressing selected for the LAN side''

cound someone tell me "in plain english" what this means and how i can fix it so my wired and wireless connections can get along?

A:wired / wireless network conflict

It sounds like you are cascading two D-Link routers--a LAN port of the first connected to the WAN port of the second (a switch between makes no difference). They both default to using LAN addresses 192.168.0.x. The second router will then get a 192.168.0.x address for its WAN side. Hence the error message.

You can change one of the routers to use a different LAN scheme, say, 192.168.3.x.

If you would prefer that everything connected to the second router be on the same LAN as you have now use the following recipe.

JohnWill's procedure (Aug. 30, 2008) for configuring a secondary router as a switch and, optionally, wireless access point follows.

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. [You will not need a cross-over cable if one of the "routers" is a computer.] Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

Of course, even simpler, is to just replace the wired router by the wireless and keep it for spare.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-wireless-network-conflict.863995/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I have a wired desktop PC running windows seven home premium For months my PC connected to my netgear router flawlessly a month ago my partner bought a macbook pro boo and also connected to this router using network cable without a problem weeks ago my PC started behaving funnily in that it would have no connection on startup connects Wired to my W7: others.... not connect network, Will to or sometimes when waking W7: Will not connect to my Wired network, connects to others.... up During this time the macbook would connect as normal Now it just will not connect at all Other laptops can connect using the exact same cable as my PC I took my PC to the only computer store in my small town who said that it took them seconds to 'fix' and that IE and firefox worked as well as world of warcraft launcher So it obviously connects to other networks I cheered and bought it home and alas the exact same problem I have attempted to follow the direction of this post wired pc won't connect with router and change settings in the properties of my network adapter but i get this message quot controls on this property sheet W7: Will not connect to my Wired network, connects to others.... are disabled because other network property sheets are already open quot and i have nothing else open Also W continuously attempts to restore the connection fails and tries again I ran ipconfig all and it shows the server name of the computer store in the DNS suffix list The default gateway entry is blank and i cant see an IP address entry Is this a W problem or should i be looking elsewhere Please help im at my wits end

A:W7: Will not connect to my Wired network, connects to others....

Check Device Manager for red/ yellow flags -
START | type devmgmt.msc

Uninstall ALL networking devices; reboot. Windows 7 will reinstall upon reboot.

Check for Ethernet driver updates.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/w7-will-not-connect-to-my-wired-network-connects-to-others-550127.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I use two computers one with the Internet connection and the other computer connects to this computer to get its Internet connection as well The connection has been working for a couple of days and now its just messed up and the SP2) on (XP Internet wired won't work network second computer can t get its Internet access though it can connect Internet on wired network won't work (XP SP2) to the network I also don t understand why there is a lease obtained and lease expires part as well Thanks for your help -------------------------------------------------------------------------- this is the settings for the computer with the internet connection -------------------------------------------------------------------------- Windows IP Configuration Host Name k-slue d yebd Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled Yes WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description SiS -Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter Physical Address - - F- -E - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway PPP adapter UK Online Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description WAN PPP SLIP Interface Physical Address - - - - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled ---------------------------------------------------------------- this is for the computer without the internet connection ---------------------------------------------------------------- Windows IP Configuration Host Name r-u dvfevpcg b Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List mshome net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix mshome net Description Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - - F- -F - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained February Lease Expires February nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Hello I have a clean w install with latest updates I plugged the computer into LAN via standard ethernet cable and everything looked alright however it seems that there is some problem with downloading (wired) network Strange issue files be it through browser or a different service such as win update Usually the download starts normally downloading about - megabytes but then the download freezes as if the internet connection had disconnected Thing is it hadn't I can still browse websites and ping hosts The downloading sometimes randomly resumes for another kilobytes to megabytes though generally not more Other computers not running windows in the LAN do not Strange network issue (wired) have this issue which leads me to believe it's not connected to router nor ISP Sometimes it also fails to load a webpage hanging untill a manual refresh is performed or untill I replug the ethernet cable Things I have tried - Update ethernet drivers - Try different speed amp duplex - Update windows to the latest - Disable windows firewall and smartscreen Has anyone encountered a similar issue Strange network issue (wired) Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Strange network issue (wired)

First, I would change the speed and duplex for Auto Negotiation since if you set Half Duplex this can cause packet collision which result in an unstable connection.

Try to boot your machine into Safe Mode with Networking as this can see if a third party application is causing issues. Also please run a full system scan with your Anti-Virus and Malwarebytes to ensure that you machine is free from malware as this can affect network performance - Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download

To boot your machine into safe mode please follow this tutorial (OPTION THREE ONLY) - Safe Mode - Start Windows 8 in

Note
Please replace all references of 'Safe Mode' with 'Safe Mode with Networking'

Many Thanks,
Josh

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/29342-strange-network-issue-wired.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi all I m hoping someone might be able to help me in setting up network wireless to Adding wired a wired network on top of an existing wireless one Setup is as follows Downstairs Linksys E wireless router Dell laptop Adding wired network to wireless wireless adapter Upstairs Dell Inspiron Linksys AE wireless adapter Both systems running Windows and work fine Problem is I have a printer upstairs that s too far from my printer to connect with USB without losing signal quality I have an ethernet cable running to it from when my desktop used to be wired to the Adding wired network to wireless network I would like to simply Adding wired network to wireless add one of my extra routers dlink dlink M or the wired EBR and connect my desktop and my printer Dell cn so that I can print without having to buy a wireless adapter for my printer Is this possible When I first set it up I lost my internet connection as it immediately picked up the new router as the internet connection even though I don t have it connected to the internet and don t want to Any help would be greatly appreciated Ryan nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

So basically I have had this computer for just over a year now and have never had this problem It is something that an keeps network. connection Wired unidentified becoming has literally started in the last days I turn on my computer everything is working perfectly fine then on average after about minutes my wired connection will have no internet access I ve tried testing it to see whether it is certain applications triggering it Wired connection keeps becoming an unidentified network. for example I thought it may be steam or battlenet But regardless after - minutes I will lose my internet access I restored my computer to the last time it worked which was the beginning of the week and that has not changed anything I cannot figure out what the problem might be I do use a TP-LINK homeplug for my wired connection I have a of them in total and with all the same thing happened Yet they work for the other computers around the house so I do not think it is that All my wired PC s are working and all wireless devices are remaining connected it is just my computer having this problem I have searched the web and cannot figure it out as there seem to be slightly similar problems but never the exact same problem hence this thread Even though I would consider myself to understand computers to a certain extent basic language would still be appreciated or as simple as can be Much Appreciated p s I would just like to point out that I have just restarted my PC again and gone to network and sharing and the active network now has changed from Home Network to a Unidentified Public Network I did not change this at all I am using my laptop Wired connection keeps becoming an unidentified network. as I cannot connect to the forums for the reasons above Below is the ipconfig all from the CMD prompt after it has disconnected C Users Ben gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Ben-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WNS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address C - - -CC-DB- B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local Ipv Address fe d c e eef d x preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -D - - B-C - - -CC-DB- B DNS Servers fec ffff x fec ffff x fec ffff x NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap B - B - - - BB A F BF Media State Media Disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Yes nbsp

A:Wired connection keeps becoming an unidentified network.

whats the make and model of the PC
i would update the driver - post back here the make and model
also
try a tcp/ip reset

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8

For Windows Vista/Windows 7/8
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on the screen ):​
For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold and red for the following commands.
Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log and press enter

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log and press enter
​ReStart (reboot) the machine.

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested above
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):
​Please note and post back - if you receive the following message :-
Access is Denied
This often occurs with windows 8

please post back the results in a reply here - its important we know that these commands have worked correctly and not produced any errors
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Details also here
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357
also the link has a Microsoft Fix it , which will do the above for you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-connection-keeps-becoming-an-unidentified-network.1133152/