Windows Support Forum

Printer and Network not seen by other computers

Q: Printer and Network not seen by other computers

We use a HP932c printer as our network printer but no other computers on our network can see it. Everything is set for sharing on Windows 7 and on the other computers which are running XP and Vista. Anyone have a clue why I cannot get the other computers to see the network printer. Also Windows 7's network map doesn't see any of the other computers on our network. When our dual boot computer(Vista/Windows 7) is in Vista mode all is fine but when I boot into Windows 7 it doen't see the other computers and visa versa..

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Printer and Network not seen by other computers

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Printer and Network not seen by other computers

If the printer is physically connected to the 7 machine (as how I understand it, could be wrong), you should install the drivers for XP and Vista to it.

You can right click on the printer itself after going to it in control panel | devices and printers. Choose printer properties. Then sharing. At the bottom will be a box to hit for additional drivers. There is also a sharing tab with a check box to share the printer (or not, depending if it's checked or not) and a place to type a share name for it.

As far as the Win7 network map not seeing other computers on the network:

1) Are they all named exactly the same for Workgroup?
2) Start | in search box type services.msc
Is the computer browser service up and running?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/9556-printer-network-not-seen-other-computers.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I have a new computer and printer and would like to be able to run the printer from any of the computers in the house. How can I set it up to do this please? My computer is setup to be a wireless on broadband interenet. If anyone knows I would be very grateful. Thanks Dedee

A:How can I network my printer to other computers

PC World Set Up Your Home Network, Windows 7 Edition

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-can-i-network-my-printer-to-other-computers.961834/
Relevancy 64.93%

A small network computers-only Network 98 printer see can't computer the of the of computers XP Pros Mac windows SE The network has modem to router to switch to computers there is a network printer all the computers can see it except the windows computer The wierd thing is the always used to be able to see but now all of a sudden it won t work all the computers are sharing with each other Network of computers-only the 98 computer can't see the printer and the can share files etc but not the printer I tried everything Network of computers-only the 98 computer can't see the printer but like I said all of a sudden the printer shows up but is greyed out when you try to print with it error box comes up and in red letters Network of computers-only the 98 computer can't see the printer says the printer need attention says need to check cables all cables are ok like I said it work before I tried deleteing it and then do the add printer again nothing It keeps saying its off line but you click the off line so it would be online and try to use it and it still says the printer is off line but when it says that the other computers print fine I am stumped do not no what else to try nbsp

A:Network of computers-only the 98 computer can't see the printer

It would help a bunch if you were specific about the printer make/model, and how it's connected to the network. Is this a shared printer, or an Ethernet capable unit?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-of-computers-only-the-98-computer-cant-see-the-printer.574578/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi! I have a 20 computers running windows xp home amd I have a HP laserjet 1000 printer connected wia USB at one of those computers. I also have a 24 ports Netgear switch that I use to network the computers.

I am trying to share the printer over the network, but the sharing does not work with more than 5 computers at the time. I know that the network is wired properly. Pinging with large packets from each computer on the network to the computer wit the printer returns steady response, but, when are more than 5 computers connected to the switch, I cannot add the shared printer. Any ideas? Thanks.

Relevancy 64.93%

Hi,

I have a desktop computer running windows xp, it is wired to my router. I am trying to network it together with my laptop that is running windows 7 and connects wirelessly.

Any help is appreciated.

A:Network 2 Computers for printer sharing

If both PCs have internet access through the same router they are networked. For printer sharing you can see Set Up Your Home Network, Windows 7 Edition and/or ...

The following will set up a Microsoft Workgroup for File and Printer Sharing assuming the PCs are already networked via router, ad-hoc wireless or Ethernet (directly or using switch or hub).

In Network and Dial-up Connections (Win 2k Pro) or Network Connections (XP) right click on your connection and select ‘Properties.’ If not already there, install or add a check mark for “Client for Microsoft Networks, “File and Printer sharing …” and “Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).”

Right click on My Computer, select Properties, and on the Computer Name tab make sure you have a unique computer name and the workgroup name that you want to use for all computers. Change if necessary.

Restart the PC.

You must uninstall or properly configure any non-Windows firewalls (security suites) on each machine.

If using the XP SP3 firewall: Control Panel – Windows Firewall – on the General tab it should be “On” and on the Exceptions tab “File and Printer Sharing” should be selected. (When using this PC on a public network set it to “No Exceptions.&#8221

The Shared Documents folder is automatically shared. Any other folders or printers you want to share, just right click on them and sharing ... . When sharing a printer, accept the offer to load other drivers if your other PCs have different Operating System(s).

When you first go into My Network Places there will be nothing there. The first time you click on 'View Workgroup computers' will probably result in great disappointment. It takes awhile (up to 15 minutes) before all the computers in the workgroup get up-to-date and accurate lists of the other computers. Often you can speed up this process via Search for other computers.

When computers show up in My Network Places, double click on one to see its shares. If that includes a printer, you can right click on the printer to connect to it.

Short description for Windows 7 file sharing:

Go into the Network and Sharing Center from the Control Panel or from the Network icon in the Notification Area. Your network must be designated 'Home' (or 'Work'). Click on Change advanced sharing settings. In the Home or Work section you can configure File and printer sharing, Public folder sharing, and Password protected sharing.

You must uninstall or properly configure any non-windows firewall (security suite).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-2-computers-for-printer-sharing.1005747/
Relevancy 64.07%

I have 6 computers in a small office.
There are 3 DSL modems which feeds 2 computers each. These are also 4-port wireless routers.
The OS's are VISTA and XP.
I want them all to be able to print to one network printer but I'm not sure how to set it up

Ethernet Switch?

Im also not good at understanding the whole DHCP server and router configurations

please help.
Thank You7

Relevancy 63.21%

I have a home network with several computers (2 laptops via WiFi, one ethernet-connected desktop) with internet via DSL, distributed with a Netgear WGR614 v.8. How do I set the system up to allow printing from any computer to a printer connected to one of the other computers? Should it matter what computer the printer is connected to? The Netgear manual is impenetrable on this issue for me.

A:Home network: How to make my printer accessible from other computers

Hi Zaphod81007 and welcome to TSG. Assuming all computers are running some version of MS-Windows, It should not matter which computer has the printer connected to it in order to be able to print from the other two computer. You would need to make sure that the computer hosting the printer is always on when you want to print from the other computers. It is a matter of first enabling sharing of the printer on the host computer and then adding the printer on the other two computers. The exact procedures will depend on which versions of Windows is running on each computer and any firewall software on the host computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/home-network-how-to-make-my-printer-accessible-from-other-computers.1046495/
Relevancy 62.78%

I am running a peer-to-peer LAN Vanish from Wizard" Network Install Network Using Places Printer Computers My "HP of Win XP Pro SP boxes Over of them in a particular workgroup All static IP addresses All machines have File and Print Sharing set up and Windows Firewall turned off I have used quot HP Install Network Printer Wizard quot to install a couple of HP s Computers Using "HP Install Network Printer Wizard" Vanish from My Network Places and Computers Using "HP Install Network Printer Wizard" Vanish from My Network Places a HP d printer each of which have JetDirect N cards installed But my problem isn t with the installation and use of the printers In fact this software works fine and everyone prints happily Here s the catch all machines using HP Install Network Printer Wizard mysteriously disappear from My Network Places no matter what machine I use to look at My Network Places after minutes If I reboot one of them it s back for about minutes then gone Now they re pingable and in fact you can find them using the Search button But they re not visible and to my staff this is a major obstacle I have boxes without the HP wizard and they re visible on My Network Places Using a couple different boxes as guinea pigs I can affirm that deleting the printers uninstalling HP Install Network Printer Wizard and eliminating references to it in the registry does not reverse the situation and fix the problem Ugh I can also affirm that disabling our Kaspersky Anti-Virus does not solve the quot vanishing quot problem A call to HP Support and subsequent discussion with their reps yielded no help although they did get a good chuckle out of it nbsp

A:Computers Using "HP Install Network Printer Wizard" Vanish from My Network Places

OK there is a catch here you know how the printers after 20 min of no using them is going in stand by mode ... for some reason the network card is going in standby mode for the printer also if you try to print over the network you gonna see that the printer is going back visible.
Solution: There was a option in Network Monitor Devices for don't going on that "standby mode" check and see if this will help you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computers-using-hp-install-network-printer-wizard-vanish-from-my-network-places.596562/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi

hardware: linksys router, toshiba satellite laptop w/ wireless centrino, a sony vaio desktop pc, and a dell all in one printer wired to the desktop pc. both computers use xp sp2

Our goal: we do have internet connection wirelessly through the router to the laptop. We want the laptop and the desktop pc to communicate, share files, and share a printer...to network essentially.

Problem? well...yes, the laptop connects to an access point, our router. we have zero communication and sharing happening between the two computers.

what we have tried:

network connection wizard, wirelss network connection wizard, turned on printer/file sharing on both computers, checked ip addresses and gateways...all seems good there. in "network places" neither computer "sees" or recognizes the other.

we're early learners, so the more step by step the tips, the better...thanks so much!
blue

A:Solved: any tips? network computers not communicating...no sharing no printer

Run the Network Setup wizard (found in Control Panel of XP). Tell it each of your computers connects to the internet via "residential gateway" and that you want to enable file and printer sharing. Create a disk at the end only if you have a Windows PC other than XP or 2k Pro or Vista.

Windows XP firewall (if SP2) will be properly configured by the wizard. You must uninstall or properly configure any 3rd party firewalls on each machine. Unique computer names and same workgroup, of course.

The Shared Documents folder is automatically shared. Any other folders (or drives) or printers you want to share, just right click on them and sharing ... . When sharing a printer, accept the offer to load other drivers if your other PCs have different Operating System(s).

When you first go into My Network Places there will be nothing there. The first time you click on 'View Workgroup computers' will probably result in great disappointment. It takes awhile (20 minutes or so) before all the computers in the workgroup get up-to-date and accurate lists of the other computers. Often you can speed up this process via Search for other computers.

When computers show up in My Network Places, double click on one to see its shares. If that includes a printer, you can right click on the printer to connect to it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-any-tips-network-computers-not-communicating-no-sharing-no-printer.615666/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello Im sorry if this question has already been posted i tried searching and couldn t find the answer in this forum I have a question maybe someone can direct me to a tutorial somewhere or to another topic From Computers Do To Connect How Printer Let Several Printer? I This And Router, Print that contains instructions on how to do this well I just got a new router and desktops are connected to it and i have wireless laptops They are all connected to the internet via How Do I Connect Printer To Router, And Let Several Computers Print From This Printer? the router I have also connected my hp How Do I Connect Printer To Router, And Let Several Computers Print From This Printer? office jet printer to my router since it has an ethernet port how do i make it so every computer on my network can print from this one printer the other thing is since its connected to the router directly i dont want to have the printer connected to any computer via usb so can someone please direct me to a tutorial in which all my computers can print from this one printer which is connected to the router via a direct Ethernet cable thank you so much

A:How Do I Connect Printer To Router, And Let Several Computers Print From This Printer?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...182&lang=enyou'll probably need the network drivers installed on each computerdidn't the printer come with a manual?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/128926/how-do-i-connect-printer-to-router-and-let-several-computers-print-from-this-printer/
Relevancy 51.6%

As the topic says, I'm having an issue where a computer on a network cannot see the other computer on the network.  It is able to connect to the internet, and I double-checked based on earlier threads and the network discovery IS ON.  This computer
is able to create a Homegroup and the other computer on the network is able to see the shared folders when it joins the homegroup, but I cannot create a homegroup on the
other computer and have this computer see it to join it.  The other computer sees this computer in Windows Explorer under Network, but as far as the problem computer is concerned, it is the only computer on the network.
Despite this, when I open up the Network Map, it shows both computers, the router, and the modem.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6789f7fd-6dc6-4b5f-b997-32480bd340c0/windows-7-cannot-see-other-win7-computers-on-network-other-win7-computers-on-network-can-see-this?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 50.74%

hi peeps
ok. I have a shared internet connection, and on one of the computers I have a HP laserjet 5p printer(guest). the other computer does not see the printer and I do not know how to set an ip for the printer so that I mite ping it from my host computer. the printer does not display in device manager. and I have run hpjsi_en_v3.06 thinking that would help and it mite have if I had an ip to direct it to. I have file and printer sharing on and have tried shutting off the firewall( windows). no change. stuck please help!

ps. both running xp pro

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-computers-1-printer-no-router-printer-ip.640983/
Relevancy 49.02%

Unable to see home network computers in Windows Explorer Network screen I have a home network with laptops and desktop The desktop I use as a quot file server quot in that all work done on the laptops is stored to the to Explorer Unable network computers Windows in see scree home Network desktop The desktop computer name is HAL One laptop is fine and sees the network The other just stopped seeing it rebooted the laptop rebooted HAL did a number of refreshes without any luck I opened EXCEL and found a worksheet that was listed that I knew was saved Unable to see home network computers in Windows Explorer Network scree on HAL Was able to open the file and when I tried the SAVE AS I could navigate through all of HAL just as normal Went to Windows Explorer and still no HAL listed as a COMPUTER on the NETWORK I have a internet connection so I know I am making it to the router at least And when I check NETWORK AND SHARING CENTER it shows an active home network Unable to see home network computers in Windows Explorer Network scree The laptop is running Windows Home Premium Service Pack Build Thanks in advance for any help George

A:Unable to see home network computers in Windows Explorer Network scree

Still working on the problem. Tried to do a system restore back to the point where everything was working. Still no HAL showing as a network computer; Excel now does not recognize the path that worked yesterday. But now I am able to create a shortcut that will take me to HAL on the network. Guess this is a good enough fix for right now. When I go to Windows Explorer, Network it still only shows the 2 laptops and not HAL......WHY????

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/229783-unable-see-home-network-computers-windows-explorer-network-scree.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I am about to return this brand new computer running Vista since it won t connect to my exiting computers on my wireless network It will however connect to the wireless netork to get out to the internet Here is what I have Brand new computer runnig Vista home premium Wireless netwrok external netgear ma network tomy connecting on but computers other not vista wireless network connection that can vista connecting tomy wireless network but not other computers on network see the internet I am using it now It can see a windows computer as well as my laptop running Windows Xp but when I try to connect to those computers it gives me an error message I googled this problem and disabled my vista connecting tomy wireless network but not other computers on network firewalls I created same user accounts on all with same passords I also tried same user accounts with no password neither works Any suggestion before I return this i relaly want to make Vista work since it at last looks different I like new interface - makes my life more interesting - I know VERY SAD Any suggestions nbsp

A:vista connecting tomy wireless network but not other computers on network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-connecting-tomy-wireless-network-but-not-other-computers-on-network.631622/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have created an ad hoc wireless network by the name quot Trial quot and created a network key as quot letstry quot Now I am trying to login to this network from other computer which is in the same room at ft distance This ad hoc network appears files in to network copying ad ad network computers connecting from hoc hoc and in the list of available networks When I connecting to ad hoc network and copying files from computers in ad hoc network try to connecting to ad hoc network and copying files from computers in ad hoc network login it asks for the network key I provided network key and then confirmed it now when I click connect instead of getting connected to first computer I am getting pop up window mwssage In the title bar of the pop window it says quot Wireless configuration quot In the message it reads quot The network password needs to be bits or bits depending on your network configuration This can be entered as or ascii characters or or hexadecimal characters quot Then I changed network key to quot letstry quot i e exactly ascii characters and now I am able to connect to the ad hboc wireless network of first computer Does it mean that network key has to bne exactly or ascii characters and nothing else than that If not then quot letstry quot network key has ascii characters between and ascii characters then why am I getting this kind of message But now I can not browse files of fisrt computer from second computer or vice versa When I am connnected to ad hoic network and open network and sharing center I see only one link quot My computer - gt internet quot which is broken Usually the link diagram is shown as quot My computer - gt Network - gt internet quot When I am connected to ad hoc network quot network quot part from the diagram is missing If there is quot network quot part in the diagram may be I can browse computers in the network and see other computer But since I can not see other computer this way how can I connect to other computer Whats the way to browse other connected computers in the ad hoc network How do I copy files from one computer to other When I click on computer I can not see the files or folders of other computer Please guide me how to copy files

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/connecting-to-ad-hoc-network-and-copying-files-from-computers-in-ad-hoc-network-479434.html
Relevancy 48.59%

After starting my Windows laptop if I go to the Control Panel Network and Internet View Network Computers and Devices a device is listed that is not on my network It is listed as either a Ralink wireless client Model RT U or a full ariel Model KFARWI and if I right click on the device and view the properties the Model Name and MAC Address are shown I checked the Device Manager and it was not listed in the Device Manager Also my router did not show it as an attached device I have Win laptop a Win laptop an iphone android phone ipad WD NAS and HP wireless printer connected to a Netgear AC wireless router with MAC address filtering enabled When I log into the router I have never seen either device mentioned above listed on the router list of attached devices nor do any of the devices I have on my network have the MAC address listed for either device After a short period of time the device disappears I have set up my network as a private network My concerns are Are the devices a security issue and can they access my network How come my computer detects them The devices do not list either a work group or a network location so am I correct in assuming the devices are not connecting through my router Is there anything I can do to prevent it from being detected

A:Unknown Network Device in CP\View Network Computers, Dev.

Do you have a Kindle?  This (KFARWI) looks to be an Amazon Android device - of which the Kindle is the most common device (IMO).
Search Google for Amazon KFARWI

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579758/unknown-network-device-in-cpview-network-computers-dev/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi, i am in need of some help with connecting 2 computers to 1 printer.

The computers are on the same network (wireless) but the way the network is configured, nothing on the network can communicate with other things on the network. I can't change this configuration due to it being a hotel wireless through a company called Ethostream, and they won't disable it for me. I also do not have access to any of the access points for the network as all possible physical connections with it are taken.

The two computers im using have Windows Vista Premium home edition on them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

(I need something thats automatically switching, where someone doesn't have to hit a hot key or press a button)

Relevancy 48.59%

Just bought a new printer that has a USB connection only. My old printer had the heavy duty cables and multi pin connectors which I put through a switcher box so I could use the printer with either of my computers.

Is there any way I can run the new printer on two computers without having to change the USB cable over every time?

I should add the computers are not on a network, the older XP one is just there as a backup in case of problems.

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi all You might gather what I m about to ask just by the title of my topic my wife and I each have a computer running Windows XP Pro her computer in another room of the house has no printer 2 Printer, 1 computers ? and no room to put one My computer has of course or I wouldn t be asking the question We re both on the internet via a router and on cable Is there a way to set-up so 1 Printer, 2 computers ? that we are both able to use this one printer I know 1 Printer, 2 computers ? they do it at my work but the systems there are possibly diffferent then a home system yes Until asking she s had 1 Printer, 2 computers ? to e-mail me the document and I have had to open it here in my Microsoft Word and print it worse case yet is if I don t have the same font as her computer it doesn t always printer until I find the ttf font over the internet Help Please there must be a simple way without running cables all through the house Wogster nbsp

A:1 Printer, 2 computers ?

When you say you are 'both on a router and on cable', are both your pc's connected to the same router via ethernet cable?

If so, then printer sharing is a breeze as most, if not all, routers offer basic networking options such as folder and printer sharing. On your pc that connects directly to the printer, open up the printer settings window and right-click on your installed printer. Select the sharing tab and make the printer available for sharing. If you've never shared anything before it may tell you that you need to enable NCS (network connection sharing) in order to allow the shared printer, but it will do this for you when prompted. Give the printer a name, then from your wife's pc, open up the printers dialogue again, and select 'add printer'. leave the name of the printer black which will initiate a network search, which should show up the printer you have just shared. Select that printer and it will install the required software to print on your wife's pc, and set itself as the default printer if no other printers are installed.

Note: in order for her to print to your printer, you will of course need to have your pc switched on, and your account logged on; your pc is essentially acting as a print server in this scenario.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/1-printer-2-computers.323902/
Relevancy 48.59%

hello,could someone tel me how to setup my printer to be used from another computer in the same house?thanks len.

Relevancy 48.59%

I occasionally use my Epson Stylus 660 printer on a second computer the connection cable is 25 pin parallel port so it involves having to get to the back of the tower (which is awkward) unscrewing the connection then screwing it into the other computer then reversing this when I have finished. Would the printer still work OK using a "Parallel port USB cable" as it would be much easier to just push in the USB plug into into the USB socket in the front of the computer towers

Thanks

A:Using one printer on two computers

Not all printer drivers will recognise the "virtual parallel port" that a USB adapter creates unfortunately. You will not know unless you try it.

However have you considered a printer switch?
http://www.qvs.com/switch-parallel.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-one-printer-on-two-computers.424922/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have an HP printer and use regularily two computers with this printer. Is htere a device that will allow me to keep both printers hooked up so I don't need to unhook onw and rehook the other. I need a "splitter" or ? Thanks

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Printer with two computers

another option is to network the two computers, either wired or wireless. Connect the printer to one of the computers and set it up as a shared printer. Both computers will then be able to print to the same printer.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Printer-with-two-computers/td-p/10866
Relevancy 48.59%

hello i just bought a Epson Workforce 500 and we have 2 computers. i would like to know if there is a way to connect ONE printer to BOTH computers via a usb hub or the like. thank you

Relevancy 48.59%

Hello again,

I just bought a Dell Latitude D500 laptop running XP Pro and have a desktop Dell Dim. XPS D300 running Win 98SE. I have an HP Deskjet 722C (really good printer!). I'd like to share this printer with both pc's but haven't a clue on how to go about doing this. I've done a search and the answers aren't really specific to the two types of OS's I have.

Can someone give me step-by-step instructions on how to do this or lead me to a site that will?

Thanks so much and may God bless,
Peter

Relevancy 48.59%

Hello all,

I have a question on how to set up my Lexmark printer to print from my Dell P.C. computer and my Dell notebook computer. The operating system that is on my P.C. is windows XP and the operating system on my notebook is Windows Vista.

We want to be able to print off on the notebook as well as the P.C. computer. And I am clueless if it is even possible, and if it is, how do I set that up?

Thanks in advance for all the help! If you need anymore information, please let me know and I will let you know!

Thanks!!!!

Relevancy 48.59%

I have computers in rooms using a cable modem with a hub to connect the nd computer also to cable I have one printer and would like to be able to connect my daughters computer to be able to print to my printer I have gone around and around with various attempts to share printer resources per instructions from Microsoft s site still to no avail My understanding is that there is 2 printer 1 computers, a way to connect her pc to my printer via an Internet printing 2 computers, 1 printer type connection which I have tried We both have ZoneAlarm installed and I have created Trusted Zones on both that should be right finally I turned both firewalls off in an attempt to at least connect once Still nothing I have turned off some of the services on my system using services msc but believe I reactivated the correct ones Can someone give me some advice on just what the easiest way is to be able to print from her computer to my printer without having to string another line between the rooms If I were to go the wireless way what would work best Or is it really just easier sticking with the IP type of connection Help Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

How do I hook up one printer to two computers? Ones is a desktop and the other is a laptop. How do I do this? I hope I put this in the right place.

Relevancy 48.59%

I am trying to connect two computers to the same printer. The computers are both plugged into the same router (comcast cable). The printer is connected to one computer. I have been told if I share it out than I can access the printer on the other computer. So far that hasn't worked yet. Any help on what I can do. The computer the printer is hooked up to is running Vista and the other computer is running XP. Thanks for the help.

A:1 printer 2 computers Help

Yes it is possible

this page might help you
http://forums.techarena.in/tips-tweaks/1040879.htm

joan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/1-printer-2-computers-help.879572/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hope this is the correct site.
I have a Windows 98 and a Windows xp.
I have a wireless router which i"m using wired.
I have a cable modem.
I have a HP Printer.
I would like to connect both computers to this printer.
How would the best way to do this be?
Thanks,
John

Relevancy 48.59%

how is it possible 2 have 4 computers print from 1 printer? is this possible? if soo, how can i do this? thanks .

Relevancy 48.59%

I m just looking for some advice on what Computers Two Printer One to buy here An old couple who I occasionally do computer repairs for wants to hook two computers to one printer I m a bit confused because the only time I ve ever done this is at my office where we have DSL and the only method I ve ever used is to hook it all up through a wireless print server This couple only has dial up When I suggested quot Why don t you just leave a USB cable plugged into both computers and switch the cords when you want to print with a different computer quot I was met with a dirty look Then when I told them how much a server was I was Two Computers One Printer met with another dirty look Do I need a print server or is there some kind of a switch or what The cheaper the better obviously Both computers are new have ethernet ports and are running Windows XP Thanks for any suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

I am trying to set up my new computer and my old computer to share the printer. I have a wireless router and a wireless adapter. The guy at the store said I could set it up to share the DSL and the printer but so far I have only gotten them to share the DSL. Can they share the printer?
The computers are
HP Media Center PC
820 pentium D
1 GB Memory
300 GB hard drive
HP pavillion 752c
2.0 GHZ pentium 4
512 Memory
80 GB hardrive
The router is D-Link DI-624
The adapter is D-Link DWL-G122
The printer is HP psc 750xi

A:Can 2 computers share 1 printer?

First you'll want to open up Printers & Faxes on the computer the printer is connected to (Start > Control Panel > Printers & Faxes). Right click on the printer and select 'Sharing'.

Click the Share Printer button then give it a name in the box below that. Click apply, then OK.

Now go to the other computer and open up Printers & Faxes window. Right click anywhere in the white space and hit 'Add Printer'.

Next > Select 'A netowrk printer, or printer attached to another computer', Next > Select 'Connect to this Printer', and fill in the box next to 'Name:' with

\\*name of computer printer is connected to*\*name you gave printer earlier when you shared it*

Hit next and it should find it if the name is correct. Select Yes to use it as the default printer, then hit Next. Voila, hit finish and your done.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-2-computers-share-1-printer.429207/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have set up two Windows 7 computers,- (A) & (B) (A) has the printer attached. What is the easiest way to enable the printer to print from System B

A:Getting one printer to print from two computers

Share the printer on computer A

Then on computer B go to networking and find the shared printer and print to it

There may be some differing details depending on if you are home networking, workgroup networking or domain networking though. Also some more steps if the machines were different OSes (I.e one XP and one 7)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/158087-getting-one-printer-print-two-computers.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a printer connected to one computer

I want to use it for printing through other computers as well

Both computers are connected through wires to the same router

Printer is shared on the computer it is attached to

Doesnt get detected on the other computer when searched

Both computers are running Windows 7 Ultimate
Help
Thanks
P

A:Setting up printer to use on Lan for all computers

Go here and read "USB Connected Sharing".

See if that helps.

--------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-up-printer-to-use-on-lan-for-all-computers.1147088/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a question regarding Printers in the "Printer" OU in AD User & Computers. We have a mixed mode AD environment. Our print/file server is running Server 2003. All shared printers have the "List in the directory" check box checked.

I am wondering why the printers do not show up in the Printer OU. I tried adding them manually but I get the message "This printer cannot be published. To publish printers on computers running Windows Server 2003 use the Printers folder."

The printers show up when you go to add them on a workstation. Just curious as to why they aren't listed in the OU. Is it because I'm in mixed mode?

Thanks

A:AD Users & Computers Printer OU

Mixed mode shouldn't have anything to do with it... Basically mixed mode is just for the clients and authentication and backwards conmpatibility, a few other things like that.

look here to see mixed mode vrs native mode AD (though it is 2000 you get the point)

http://www.windowsitpro.com/Articles/Print.cfm?Action=Print&ArticleID=7156

I would take a look at why it won't manually create a printer object... What is the exact oerror you get - verbaitim please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ad-users-computers-printer-ou.393519/
Relevancy 47.73%

Computer A main computer ........printer hard-wired to it.
Computer A wireless connection to router.
Computer B wireless too. no printer.
Computer C hard-wired to router. no printer
Can B and C 'address' and use the printer at A ???

............. how would that be done?

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi there...

I am wondering...I have two computers set up to the same wireless internet connection. I have one running windows 2000 which is my laptop and my desktop is running Windows XP Home. What I want to know is there a way to use the same printer with both computers without them both being physically hooked up to it. I am sure you can just not sure exactly how.....Please help any info is appreciated.....

Relevancy 47.73%

I have two computers hooked up to the internet via a router. How can I hook both computers to one printer?

Relevancy 47.73%

I work for a non-profit domestic violence agency. We have two computers with one printer. The printer is hooked up to one computer (about a food away), but I need the printer hooked up to both computers so that we do not have to keep e-mailing things to each other to print them off.

Operating systems on both computers: Windows 7
The printer is: Canon Image Class MF4350d Laser Multifunctional printer

Do I need a cord? Is this printer able to connect via wireless settings? Over a network? I don't know anything about this any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

A:Hooking Printer up to Two Computers

You should be able to simply connect to the printer, over the network. Open Windows Explorer, navigate to \\ComputerName and there should be a 'Printers' folder. In that, you should see the printer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hooking-printer-up-to-two-computers.1029414/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have three desktops running windows xp, 1 laptop running windows vista, networked together. I have 1 printer networked to all four computers.

My problem: Unless my main computer is turned on the other three computers cannot print. Is there any way to network my printer so that I can print without it being on? I hate having it on wasting juice when I'm on my laptop or the other desktops.
Thank You,
GaWebSpinner

A:Networking printer and computers

Welcome to TSG.
If your printer is hardwaired to your "main "computer,that is the print server and,I believe, must be on for other pc's on the net to share it.

I believe that there are print servers ,and of course,wireless printers acting as their own print server,which would accomplish what you would like to have.
Just a matter of how much space you have and of,course,what you are willing to spend to get to your goal.
I'm sure others will pop on here with other ideas.

That's one of the things that is great with TSG.Many experiences and great ideas.

Also FYI,here is a link to some print servers.

http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=387&name=Network-Print-Servers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/networking-printer-and-computers.822860/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have recently purchased a HP dv - nr laptop that runs Networking & 2 A Printer Computers on Windows Vista I also have a desktop computer that is Windows Xp The desktop computer is connected to a cable modem through a wireless router a Linksys WRT G Though the desktop is connected to the router via wire The desktop computer is directly wired to a HP Deskjet printer My question is basically can I use the router for two functions internet and printer sharing at the same time With the laptop can I share the printer connected directly to the desktop computer with the laptop Networking 2 Computers & A Printer through the router and still the router as internet access for both the desktop and the laptop So basically can I share a printer connected directly to the desktop with the laptop through the linksys router even if the desktop is off and still utilize the router as internet access for both the desktop wired and the laptop wireless Here is a really simple schematic of what I want to do http img imageshack us img networkschematicov png nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

I have a printer that I'd like to hook to three computers to. I remember back in the day that they had those A/B switches that you'd have to switch back and forth so each person could use the printer. I was hoping there was a better solution.

The printer is not wireless.

Thanks Adam

Relevancy 47.73%

I have 2 computers. One is connected to the internet and has a printer. The other is a stand-alone job and is not connected to the internet. My wife plays games and does some word processing on it. They're in the same room about 7 ft apart. Is there a way of hooking them up so both computers can share the printer? A switch of some kind? And I guess I need to load the printer software on the stand-alone computer before I do anything else. Thx!

Chuck

Relevancy 47.73%

I am running the small business and I have 10 computers and only one printer. We don't print very much. I'm not very good with computers, but how I can solve my problem? Has anyone ever had the same trouble?

A:multiple computers, one printer

Is the printer hooked up to one system right now? You could do it the fairly easy way and just share the printer from that system, and then connect to the printer from each other computer.

Or you can purchase a small dedicated print-server box that you plug into your router / switch.

What printer do you have?

http://www.techist.com/forums/f78/multiple-computers-one-printer-276117/
Relevancy 47.73%

How can wireless computers use the same printer. The printer is wired to the desk top computer using linksys wrt54g. And if the computers need to be networked how is that done?

A:Solved: 4 computers using printer

ideally, for you to be able access anything on your network, you would want all your computers to be on the same IP address subnet range.

the desktop should then share this printer.

for the other computers to be able to access and use this printer you can do the following:
add a printer (wizard comes up) click next
select "a network printer" click next

you could either "find a printer in the directory" and click next (if you have shared the printer, the printer should appear on this list)

or

select "connect to this printer..."

you will need the desktop's name and enter as described in the example.
\\server\printer (server being your desktop and then the printer name (share name that you created)

hope this helps. (im assuming you are running windows xp as well)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-4-computers-using-printer.626760/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have an old desktop (IBM NetVista) operating Windows 2000, and a new laptop (Toshiba Satellite A-135-S4727) operating Vista Home Premium. My printer is a Canon EX310 multimedia. I'm able to print from each computer separately by disconnecting and reconnecting the printer cable to whichever computer I want to use. It works, but it's inconvenient. Can I connect the printer to both computers at the same time -- so I don't have to keep switching the connection? If so, what cords, cables, ports, adapters, etc., do I need?

Relevancy 47.3%

I ran through the Network Wizard again, and put in the address of my desktop computer and voila!, the icon came back. I'm not a tech wizard by any means, and didn't know what the address of my desktop computer looked like, but I found some hints online and tried them. Thanks for the help guys.

A:Resolved: Network Places - Can't see one of the computers on My Network

No need to post a new thread to tell us this, just respond in the original thread. Also, you can mark the thread solved using the thread tools at the top of the page.

Here's your original thread: http://forums.techguy.org/networking/667123-network-places-can-t-see.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolved-network-places-cant-see-one-of-the-computers-on-my-network.667264/
Relevancy 47.3%

Preface I am running a laptop which I upgraded from windows to windows I also have a desktop that is still running windows One of the hard drives on my desktop is shared and I often-enough will copy files from my laptop to my desktop The laptop connects wirelessly and the desktop is wired Today however I could not get my laptop to see my desktop on the network It is connected to in Other network showing; computers not shows old instead. network the network I am receiving internet just fine When I first click the network tab in the navigation pane it does not list any section for any computers Other computers in network not showing; shows old network instead. So I tell it to refresh and after a moment it now displays three computers all of which were ones I would see on the network from a house I no longer live in Now as it just so happens one of those computers is my desktop as I had it back then but when I try to access it it just gives me the spinning wheel for a while and then just says it can't access it If I click quot diagnose quot it doesn't find anything that's wrong This is pretty much the same result I get form trying to connect to one of the computers from my old house I haven't changed any settings and I was indeed able to connect to that computer at this house just a week or so ago Not sure what the problem is but I haven't tried much other than resetting the computer I'm open to suggestions

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/62461-other-computers-network-not-showing-shows-old-network-instead.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I run a WinXP Desktop computer, and have just acquired a Notebook Computer with Vista. I would like to be able to connect my seperate Epson Printer and Scanners to be used by both computers. My first question then is (1) Is this possible and if so (2) How do I do it and what additional equipment/connectors do I need, ir any?
I will be grateful for any advice -John B

Relevancy 47.3%

Hello everyone I have a really quick question here but I will first give the situation and setup At my church we have a little lab which contains a few computers The pastor wants to have two computers share a printer a Canon ImageCLASS D The two computers which would share the printer are both running Windows XP Home Edition neither of these computers are connected to the Internet There is no router at the church and the pastor does not wish to purchase one if it does not have to be purchased One of the computers is connected directly to the printer via a USB port My question is this Is it possible to share the printer from the computer that is directly connected to it with the other computer through an Ethernet cable i e connected between both computers If so how would this be accomplished Thank you very much for any help that can be provided Please take care nbsp

A:Printer Sharing Over Ethernet (Two Computers)

As far as I am aware, you need to set up a network which can be done through the settings in windows XP. Then both computers have to have "file and printer sharing" turned on. I have always used a USB hub/network switch to set up a network:

The computer connected to the printer is connected to the network switch via an ethernet cable. The second computer is connected to the network switch via an ethernet cable but at a different port. If you go into network settings and set up a "small home or office network" making sure it is called "WORKGROUP" (case sensitive) on each computer, turn on file and printer sharing for both, I'd imagine you'd be on the right track.

Hopefully this helps. I'm not sure if connecting the second computer to the network port of the first will work, it may, but the network still will need to be set up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-sharing-over-ethernet-two-computers.730032/
Relevancy 47.3%

With a 2006 Canon PIXMA MP500 printer connected by USB and I have 2 computers at the same location which I want to share the use of that printer. I have no wireless network, and so is there a USB splitter or some device which will allow both the computers to be connected to and use that printer ? The PC ages are from 2009 and 2012 and both running Windows 7.

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi
i have 2 comps and a printer which is connected to one of the computers
these two computers are in different rooms
they are not connected in anyway

any possibility of me using the printer with both the computers and how?
without the use of LAN or Internet networking!!

Relevancy 47.3%

Here is my situation: I am a teacher with wireless internet access in my classroom. I want to set up a system where we have maybe 8-12 laptops in the room and one printer, and the kids all have their own flash drives. When they need to print something, they go plug the flash drive into the printer and print the job.

I know that some printers are made to accomodate images in this way; just direct printing bypassing the computer. What about text docs? Can this work? Do some printers provide some kind of display so one knows that they are printing "Joe_state_report" or whatever?

Other than working w/wireless internet, any other factors/considerations?

Any feedback welcome. thanks!

A:question about setting up computers/printer

Look into wireless print server

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-about-setting-up-computers-printer.854587/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a group of computers in a small office without a server that are connected and share via homegroup. When I added a new laptop with win 8.1 to the homegroup, I couldn't ever access the shared printer which is attached to the win 7 desktop. I deleted and recreated the homegroup multiple times from different computers and nothing seemed to change the situation. I deleted the homegroup completely and just tried to share the printer separately connecting via computer share name and still not good. Now if the win 8.1 computer can recognize the printer, none of the win 7 computers can print to it and vice versa. I need them all to be able to share the printer at the same time and share 2 folders between all of them. How can I accomplish this besides down grading the 8.1 to win 7 and installing win 7 on it. Thanks for the assistance

A:Sharing printer and files between win 7 and win 8.1 computers

If the printer has Ethernet support, connect it to the router and then use Add Printer as a Network printer on every PC (ie not directly connected to any PC) and at least that will solve one issue. Remember to get the correct print driver for each system; Win/7 vs Win/8.

I'll surf for the sharing issue and post back ...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sharing-printer-and-files-between-win-7-and-win-8-1-computers.216549/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a SMC Gateway Router and computers connected to it with RJ- cable They are iMac PC feet apart both computers are wired to the router I also have a Canon Pixma MP Multifunction Inkjet printer that has the capability to be connected both computers using How do support printer to a router? 2 I connect a wired and wireless Right now it is only connected to the iMac via a USB connection as all router iMac and printer are on the same workstation I would appreciate a detailed explanation as to how to connect the printer so it could also support the nd computer a Windows PC which is located on the floor below Can I do that through the wired router How do I connect a printer to support 2 computers using a router? too If not possible I also have the capability to connect wirelessly although I would prefer to use the wired connnections The PC has a Belkin USB Network Adapter for wireless connection both SMC Router and Belkin USB adapter are N capable I would appreciate receiving help preferably detailed and in layman terms as I am not How do I connect a printer to support 2 computers using a router? too versed on these tech issues Thank you kindly nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi

I have a desktop PC with windows XP, its the mother computer as i call it
mothership has XP service pack 3

from there i have a folder and a printer that i share with 3 other laptops in my house.
1 laptop is a macbook with leopard
1 laptop is a Dell Vostro XP
another is an old Sony Vaio with XP. (you can see im not a vista fan...)

Anyways, I HAD successfully shared the printer and the share folder before, but somehow something happened and they are not shared anymore....i cant use the printer from any laptop or access the shared folder.

Can you guys help me out to fix this problem? please

Relevancy 46.87%

I will try to explain this best I can I have set up alot of small home networks and shared printers etc These people have a netgear router and dsl have one desktop and two laptops Here is the problem the printer is hooked into the desktop and then shared with the laptops It was all setup right cause they had a problems or months ago they couldn t get one laptop to print and I got it going for them they have gone can't to to computers no the printer wirelessly see used print and problem months of printing by haveing the printer plugged into the desktop and then shared with the laptops the desktop is XP Home and the laptops computers can't see the printer to print wirelessly and used to no problem are vista BUT like I said they worked fine for months they said they had a power outage and used a generator etc we had an ice storm around here and alot of people lost power anyway now the laptops won t print wirelessly but they arre working wirelessly cause they can both get on the internet wirelessly If you plug the printer into each laptop one at a time of course it will print wired but you plug it back into the desktop and it will print but then the laptops won t I was trying to get around all the stuff like I no how to set up a network and have shared alot of printers beforre this has me stumped the share name is the same I deleted the printer software in one laptop and then put it back in and it works wired but not wirelessly the other laptop I didn t do anything to and it will print wired but not wirelessly Here is the thing they say nothing had been changed howerver there daughter likes to do things like change things on the computer and not say anything but frrom what I can see everything is hooked up right Can you give me a clue as to what I might be missing It is a Dell Photo AIO Printer the desktop is a Dell and both laptops dell but like I saidn everything worked fine supposely till that power outage coud that have did anything where the laptops can get on the internet wirelessly but can print wirelessly since they say nothing was changed nbsp

A:computers can't see the printer to print wirelessly and used to no problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computers-cant-see-the-printer-to-print-wirelessly-and-used-to-no-problem.911215/
Relevancy 46.87%

Is there a way to connect a Canon MP530 PIXMA Printer to multiple computers without using a print server?????

One Printer to Three Computers Hooked -up to a router

Relevancy 46.87%

Oh how frustrating Networking issue - Win printer XP remote machines describes some agonies I had computers blast, printer here w/XP - sharing we Win7 again Oh go in December getting XP computers to print over my home wireless network on a printer USB connected to a Windows computer The information at How to Enable Printer amp File Sharing between Windows and Windows XP Windows Oh blast, here we go again - sharing Win7 printer w/XP computers finally solved my problem and I've been printing happily ever since Until last night when I replaced my -year-old HP C with a Canon iP Series XPS printer My home computers are two Win bit ones plus three XP bit ones Let me run through the computers and my experiences getting Oh blast, here we go again - sharing Win7 printer w/XP computers them to print to the new printer My computer -bit Windows Printed first time after following installation instructions -bit Windows laptop Once I added the new printer by typing its remote name win box canon ip series xps it found the computer found the driver and printed fine -bit XP Dell netbook This computer has no CD drive so I copied the contents of the installer CD to a flash drive Adding the new printer was as simple as typing in the remote share name then searching for the driver on the flash drive okay finding the driver on the flash drive was tricky Took no more than five minutes -bit XP Lenovo laptop I never got farther than being asked to enter a password to access the remote printer And the password I entered it wouldn't accept -bit XP desktop This worked a lot like the Dell netbook I entered the remote share name it couldn't find the driver asked me to search for it - but the same files that were acceptable to the Dell netbook were not acceptable here I wound up trying to find an XP- driver for the printer downloading it to this machine and even then even after a restart could not get the printer recognized So what am I missing A perhaps-obvious thing would be to run the installer disk for the printer on the last two machines so that it can put drivers on them But why did the Dell netbook accept the drivers I'd put on the flash drive but the XP desktop not And why when the Lenovo laptop had been able to print from the old HP printer connected to the Win box was it asking for a password for the new box I'd think that the XP machines would all quot react quot the same and give the same issues and they haven't I'm at work now not by the machines But I'm hoping that I get some responses during the day that I can try at night Given that I wrestled with this problem five months ago solved it and documented how I'd think I'd not have it again - especially with a newer printer that should support this stuff better than the old one did

A:Oh blast, here we go again - sharing Win7 printer w/XP computers

Okay, replying to my own post.

Using the installation disk to install the drivers to each computer did the trick.

In the case of the Lenovo laptop, that was weird. The thing was not a part of my home network, somehow. Then I somehow made it a part of the home network, and it connected correctly the first time.

Probably three hours of work to do what should have taken 15 minutes, but it's done. I am now ready to wait another decade to buy a printer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/165403-oh-blast-here-we-go-again-sharing-win7-printer-w-xp-computers.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Share folder/printer not appearing on other computers
Hi

I have a desktop PC with windows XP, its the mother computer as i call it

from there i have a folder and a printer that i share with 3 other laptops in my house.
1 laptop is a macbook with leopard
1 laptop is a Dell Vostro XP
another is an old Sony Vaio with XP. (you can see im not a vista fan...)

Anyways, I HAD successfully shared the printer and the share folder before, but somehow something happened and they are not shared anymore....i cant use the printer from any laptop or access the shared folder.

Can you guys help me out to fix this problem? please

A:Share folder/printer not appearing on other computers

Check the firewalls.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/share-folder-printer-not-appearing-on-other-computers.824561/
Relevancy 46.87%

Does anyone have experience with the Dymo LabelPrinter 400 machines?

We have installed two on a variety of machines. They always work for a while but then die, and no amount of reinstalling thesoftware or cleaning out various parts ever fixes the printing. It nearly always works again on a new machine, but also only for a while.

Dymo's support staff is great but they have the same old fixes -- remove the software, run a specially-designed cleanup program (why did it need to put anything special in when installing?? ), reboot, and reinstall. Windows always gives the yellow popup, "Dymo blah blahh failed to print"

Has anyone good ideas on _fixing_ this or am I doomed to do the reinstall dance and keep changing computers?

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dymo-label-printer-400-keeps-failing-on-various-computers.566520/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi Guys,

I'm getting quite frustrated with this issue and wondering if anyone has seen it, and able to resolve the issue. The issue is I have a network printer selected as the default in Windows 10. I have the option "Let Windows manage my default printer" turned off. At one point randomly, the default printer goes back to the Adobe PDF as the default.

Steps taken:

* I have checked the registry settings to ensure that the options "let Windows manage my default printer" is switched off. I can confirm this.
* Switched the default printer back to the network printer and performed a reboot. The network printer remains as the default. At some point of the day it goes back to Adobe PDF.
* Had a Microsoft support dude to look at the issue, but he has no idea either.

A few of my pilot users has also experience the same issue. Any ideas anyone?

A:Default network printer randomly defaults to the adobe PDF printer

Originally Posted by eichenbe

Hi Guys,

I'm getting quite frustrated with this issue and wondering if anyone has seen it, and able to resolve the issue. The issue is I have a network printer selected as the default in Windows 10. I have the option "Let Windows manage my default printer" turned off. At one point randomly, the default printer goes back to the Adobe PDF as the default.

Steps taken:

* I have checked the registry settings to ensure that the options "let Windows manage my default printer" is switched off. I can confirm this.
* Switched the default printer back to the network printer and performed a reboot. The network printer remains as the default. At some point of the day it goes back to Adobe PDF.

How mine is set up is
In settings
Go to Printer icon
Make sure your named printer is in default.
Turn on let Window manage your default printer.

Printer - Turn On or Off Let Windows 10 Manage Default Printer

That way if your printer you named was the last one used
The next time you go to print
Your printer should appear

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/38644-default-network-printer-randomly-defaults-adobe-pdf-printer.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi Guys,

Steps taken:

A:Default network printer randomly defaults to the adobe PDF printer

Originally Posted by eichenbe

Hi Guys,

Steps taken:

How mine is set up is
In settings
Go to Printer icon
Make sure your named printer is in default.
Turn on let Window manage your default printer.

Printer - Turn On or Off Let Windows 10 Manage Default Printer

That way if your printer you named was the last one used
The next time you go to print
Your printer should appear

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/38644-default-network-printer-randomly-defaults-adobe-pdf-printer.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I m an intern at a non-profit for the summer and was given my own webpages printer list printer printing in up when Network showing not little office The small problem I have is with trying to print webpages specifically the format that a page would be when you try to print off google maps When printing in other programs such as office I can select which printer There are network printers that Network printer not showing up in printer list when printing webpages print double sided that are desktop units in other people s cubes and that is the fax machine However when printing off a webpage I am only Network printer not showing up in printer list when printing webpages given two options quot MS Office Document Image Writer quot Network printer not showing up in printer list when printing webpages and quot Microsoft XPS Document Writer quot How can I make any of the other printers availible show up when I m trying to print a webpage The tech guy is covering about other jobs and told me I m free to fiddle add edit system stuff on my machine I tend to be pretty good about most things but am not experienced with networking Any help would be appreciated let me know if any clarification is necessary I m running Windows XP all current updates have been installed Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

I have a hp computer connected to a wireless linsky router and printer server. The computer starts printing for a while then it stops. When I look in my print jobs it shows the info is waiting to be printed and sometimes it says printer paused. The only way I can get it to print the jobs listed is to restart my computer and it automatically prints all the jobs. Also, if I go in to cancel the jobs it will not print anything until I restart.

A:Network printer stops printing/ or says printer pause

How are you connected? By what sort of network and what is the device in the printer to which you plug the network card.
This is fairly common in our area with those using Belkin Wireless.
But we find that most clients are not properly connecting everything in the network... using the Microsoft and HP network troubleshooting usually cures the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-printer-stops-printing-or-says-printer-pause.121714/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi guys Kind of annoying problem here I have an HP LaserJet hooked up via USB to a Mac that is running Leopard For the printer s first years or so everything was great I could get new computers set up to print to the printer with no troubles until recently Recently I upgraded my computer to Windows and wanted to get the printer working again I Roll Printer Network Drivers for Printer? Back attempted to install Roll Back Printer Drivers for Network Printer? the printer using the HP LaserJet PCL printer drivers It connected to the printer alright but every time I printed it came out with a PCL XL Error quot Error UnsupportedProtocol quot instead of my document Now every time I try to connect a new computer Windows or Windows XP doesn t matter the printer automatically installs the PCL driver for the printer which always prints out an error instead of the document I want I can t find a way to manually choose the driver when I m adding it because it s a network printer not one that s locally hooked up I tried installing the PCL driver manually but the printer still ONLY wants the PCL driver that gives me the errors I tried to go to quot Server Properties quot while in Printers and Faxes to roll back the PCL driver but Windows can t find a driver to roll it back to Now if I physically hook the printer up to the computer via a USB cable it installs the PCL Driver and it works but that s only when it s plugged directly in I m extremely frustrated and would like any guidance anyone can give me Thank you so much for your help in advance Christian nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roll-back-printer-drivers-for-network-printer.882040/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,

I was told that I can use a wireless router to connect 2 computers to a single printer & also connect both computers to the internet via a single cable & modem. How would I do that? I think I understand the internet part. I need a cable from the modem to the router and then two cables from the router, with one going to each computer. Is that correct? If not, please enlighten me.

Then what about the printer? How would the connections be configured so that either computer can print with the one printer?

Thanks.

A:How Do I Connect 2 Computers to 1 Printer & One Internet Cable Modem?

You can either connect the printer to one of the machines and share it, or buy a print server so that the printer is independent of either machine. The only downside of connecting it to one computer is that you'll need that machine to be on to print (obviously).

What you described with cables all around doesn't require a wireless router, though a wireless router will do the job, as they also have wired ports.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-connect-2-computers-to-1-printer-one-internet-cable-modem.353048/
Relevancy 46.44%

Guide Troubleshoot XP File Printer Sharing Part - Finding Network Computers Troubleshoot XP File Printer Sharing Part of Computers all visible v Windows File and Printer Sharing FPS must be configured for a mix-and-match of machines components options This guide helps troubleshoot XP File XP Sharing, and Troubleshooting: Computers Printer not File found? Sharing visibility and access problemsVisibility Errors Some of your computers can t see find all others on your Windows Network Access Errors A user can t connect to or is denied access when attempting to use a remote resource This guide has parts Part this post troubleshoots most visibility issues Part explains troubleshoots Computer Browser Service which may also cause visibility issues Part troubleshoots access errors NOTES Visibility problems must be fixed before tackling access errors Successfully complete the visibility tests outlined in this document before proceeding to another part Control Panel Classic View is assumed applets display in single list See upper left Control Panel to switch between Classic and Category View This guide is specific to XP Home and XP Pro tho many things to look for apply to Vista as well BASIC CONCEPT Windows File Sharing uses a client server model to control shared access User logs on to their computer Troubleshooting: XP File and Printer Sharing, Computers not found? client and requests a resource on server Server authenticates the client request It completes a client to server network logon and establishes the client server session A single computer can be both a client and server if it requests resources of others while offering its own Configuration Setup Checklist Verify Computer and Workgroup Names Click My Computer - gt Properties Click Computer Name tab Check note uppper lower case sensitivity Computer Name must be unique across your network Workgroup must be identical for all computers which share a set of files and printers To change Computer Name or Workgroup click Change You must restart before changes take affect Verify Network Connections Check each network connection used for file sharing This guide assumes all devices and shares are on a single subnet makes the task easier Control Panel - gt NetworkConnection Check connections are Enabled and Connected Then Rt click- gt Properties Verify items under used by the connection are there and checked Client for Microsoft Networks File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks only required on computers owning shared resources Internet Protocol TCP IP should always be present Can not be uninstalled If corrupted see Microsoft KB Verify NetBIOS enabled Click Internet Protocol TCP IP - gt Properties Click General tab - gt Advanced Click WINS tab Under NetBIOS setting click Enable NetBIOS over TCP IP Close dialog boxes Verify the subnet The subnet mask of each adaptor and device used in filesharing must be identical across the LAN gt Start- gt Run cmd Enter ipconfig all note the blank ipconfig and the forward gt Check subnet mask of each adapter Verify Services Confirm services are set to start on boot Startup Type Automatic and are currently running Status Started Start- gt Run enter services msc Scroll through service list to find then check gt Computer Browser gt TCP IP NetBIOS Helper Service gt Event Log To set a service s Startup Type gt Rt click on service then Properties gt Set Startup Type Automatic If Startup Type already Automatic but Status not Started there s a problem Look in Event Log if any clues next step Check Windows Event Log for errors The Event Log service records significant events in the Event LogTo check Event Logs Start- gt Run eventvwr msc Click System then View - gt Filter Only check Information and Warning Uncheck others OK Review events of last few days In particular since last boot Double click event for description Click the link you find in description Use Microsoft Help and Support to search Event Source and ID Check for frootprints of known issues th... Read more

A:Troubleshooting: XP File and Printer Sharing, Computers not found?

the checklist you sent me

Thanks so much. I began doing the items and came to a stall at the run: cmd: ipconfig\all. I got the message "the system cannot find the specified path" What does that imply?

I will continue down the list and will post any other issues.

Thx
Sheila

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/troubleshooting-xp-file-and-printer-sharing-computers-not-found.106417/
Relevancy 46.01%

I am unable to get the Ricoh C4500 printer to staple papers when the print job comes from the Windows 7 computer I am using. However, using another Windows 7 computer or a Windows XP computer, the printer is able to staple just fine.

I have compared the settings on the two Windows 7 computers (the one that works and the one that doesn't), and everything seems to be the same. On the Windows 7 computer that I am using, the pages always print in the top side tray, even when I choose other trays. On the Windows 7 computer, the stapled papers print on the tray below the top one. I think this might be part of the problem.

Hoping someone can help me out with this.

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ricoh-c4500-printer-staples-papers-from-some-computers-but-not-other-windows-7.1148476/
Relevancy 45.58%

Was working about a week ago, now "my network places" is blank. I can ping all other netwrk computers by ip and name. I ran network setup, no change. Work group is the same. Tried turning off Windows firewall, no change. Also using MSE. Nothing has changed as far as I know on this computer.

Thanks for the help.

Relevancy 45.58%

Running Windows XP Home Service Pack It seems that what I m trying to do should be simple Yet I ve literally been trying to do it for over a year I stumbled upon this forum so maybe you can make my dreams come true and actually give me a shared network angels singing Keep refusing Home Network computers Windows show Places" network to XP "My in mind I once Windows XP Home "My Network Places" refusing to show network computers had a shared network and everything was fine Then one day it mysteriously stopped and hasn t run since even after hundreds literally of attempts to set it up again For the moment all I want to do is have my computer we ll call this computer quot Sony Laptop quot appear in its own quot My Network Places quot window - not concerned with Windows XP Home "My Network Places" refusing to show network computers the other networked computer at the moment I have tried quot Set up a home or small office network quot and quot set up a wireless network for a home or small office quot dozens of times chosen every single combination possible completed them restarted but quot Sony Laptop quot still never appears in quot My Network Places quot I cannot for the life of me understand it If that s all the info you need please respond If you want more observations read below FRY S DESKTOP Windows XP Home "My Network Places" refusing to show network computers is connected to BELKIN ROUTER via ethernet SONY LAPTOP is connected to BELKIN ROUTER via wireless -- ethernet ----- FRY S DESKTOP BELKIN ROUTER --wireless -------SONY LAPTOP I can receive wireless internet with the SONY LAPTOP through the BELKIN ROUTER I can ping FRY S DESKTOP from SONY LAPTOP I cannot ping SONY LAPTOP from FRY S DESKTOP I tried pinging SONY LAPTOP through both the wireless IP address and a connected ethernet cable Local Area Connection IP address connected through the BELKIN ROUTER Neither worked Some things I ve encountered When I explore the network gt My Network Places gt Entire Network gt Microsoft Windows Network I get a funny message quot Unable to Browse the Network - The Network is not present or not started - For more information click Help quot Of course in classic Windows style when I click quot Help quot the window hangs and never goes anywhere kind of ironic - don t you think It s called quot Windows quot and can t function within a window I was told by some others that I should check the quot Services quot and more specifically Workstation Server TCP IP Netbios helper Computer Browser Now of those four two of them had not been started Workstation and Computer Browser I tried starting these double click them and up will pop a window that allows you to start but each of them came up with an error message Here are those two error messages Computer Browser quot Could not start the Computer Browser service on Local computer Error The dependency service or group failed to start quot Workstation quot Could not start the Workstation Service on Local Computer Error The specified module could not be found quot If anybody knows anything about these errors and how to fix them let mek now So that s it That s my experience so far As you can see I m neck deep in it and nothing would make me happier than finally figuring it out after months Chris nbsp

A:Windows XP Home "My Network Places" refusing to show network computers

You need to look at the dependency list for each service. In the case of Computer Browser, it's Workstation and Server.

Since Workstation is failing, that's probably the place to start.

Do you have WKSSVC.DLL in C:\Windows\system32? That's the workstation service, and it appears to be the missing module. I'd first try copying that from the installation disk, if it's missing, and then register it too by:

Start, Run, regsvr32 wkssvc.dll

If you can't find the DLL, you can run sfc /scannow to restore missing files.

A shortcut may be to download the file from DLL Dump and register it as described above.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-home-my-network-places-refusing-to-show-network-computers.536504/
Relevancy 45.58%

I'm new to Win 8 64 bit & managed to load up another HP Netork Printer but the HP 1320 Network Printer is a no go using current HP Help Site Drivers...

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Doug

Toshiba Satellite Laptop
Win 8 64 bit
celetron 1.8 ghz 4 gb ram

A:Win 8 64 bit Printer Driver for HP 1320 Network Printer...

Quote:

Originally Posted by artision

I'm new to Win 8 64 bit & managed to load up another HP Netork Printer

Do you mean you installed the Universal Print Driver ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/win-8-64-bit-printer-driver-for-hp-1320-network-printer-726321.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello,

I have an HP Business Inkjet 1200 printer conected to a Win98 computer. There is access to it from several computers some have W98 some W2000 OS. All except (unfortunately my ) computer, W2000, cannot connect to it, giving error message "The data area passed to a system call is too small", corresponding to Error 122 = ERROR_INSUFFICIENT_BUFFER. I tried to uninstall all printer drivers, I deleted all HP printed related keys in registry, all HP related .inf filed from inf folder and tried to install this only printer, still get the same error. Does anyone had similar problem before or have idea to solve the problem ?

Thank you,
Sabri Iskit

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/add-printer-coulnt-connect-to-a-network-printer.436499/
Relevancy 44.72%

Here is the deal I am running Windows XP SP on my home tower custom built The tower is hardwired to a Linksys WRT GS Solved: office ready not Network printer home network will to connect router The tower does not have a wireless NIC There are a few other computers that access this small network at various Solved: Network ready printer will not connect to home office network times The router is using WPA-PSK encryption Wireless MAC address connectivity is enabled I bought an HP NW Laserjet printer and tried connecting it to the wireless network using the enclosed getting started guide I initially tried connecting it in ad hoc mode because I believe this is what I should use in my home office No dice Nothing was recognized The only printing success I got was when I hooked an Ethernet cable directly to the router After unplugging the cable I had no luck printing wirelessly even though I tried also configuring the installation for infrastructure mode where the printer was recognized but still would not print once the cable was removed I have taken the printer s MAC address and added it as a trusted endpoint in both my router s configuration table and in my firewall Norton Internet Security However that has also not helped Some advice I have read is making sure QoS is disabled on the router and also making sure that the SSID and pass key for the printer match that of the router It should be easy to make these changes to the printer but I cannot access the embedded web server in this printer to make these changes Also one source said to make sure the printer is on the same subnet as the router I only have one subnet in my network and that is the xx xx range of addresses that I use for two of my laptops with wireless NICs and a third Dell tower with a Linksys wireless NIC Any ideas on what else I can try I am pretty much out of ideas Thanks Elizabeth K nbsp

A:Solved: Network ready printer will not connect to home office network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-ready-printer-will-not-connect-to-home-office-network.581074/
Relevancy 44.72%

hi all

sony vaio pc desktop pcvrs620 g, dell A940 all in one printer (wired to sony desktop) and a toshiba satellite laptop connnected through a wireless linksys router to the network...
all xp sp2

here's the trouble. we want to be able to share this printer, but right now cannot make the laptop print on the wired printer. of course it will print if i connect the usb cable, but i want to be ablet to print wirelessly.

have done "share this printer" on the wired pc
when i try to add the drivers /install the printer on the laptop it wants me to connect the laptop to the printer...i am not sure that i want to establish this connection since my ultimate goal is wireless printing...

ok? thanks!!

sorry, edited, i am posting this question in the more appropriate "networking" forum...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-solving-a-wireless-network-network-printer-wont-print.614708/
Relevancy 44.72%

As the title, say, two network computers, only one can see the other. Computer 1 can see computer 2's resources fine but computer 2 CAN'T see Computer 1's resources. Never seen anytime like it. Both are running XP Home edition and are using TCP/IP setup. Both are in the same workgroup. I was working on getting the ICS to work. Obviously, computer 1 is sharing its connection with 2 but....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/two-network-computers-only-one-can-see-the-other.406801/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello it was working fine until suddenly it changed.
we are on a domain network of 20 PC and server we can't see each others but we can access by writing the IP
any help?
I am connected to the network, Internet is working fine but only this problem.

A:Can't see computers network please help

Hi there

Has the server blocked the SMB ports (445 etc). I assume you CAN connect to network drives on the server.

I think a lot of people are getting away from using NETBIOS or things like that to resolve host names.

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/58191-cant-see-computers-network-please-help.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a problem I'm trying to help my sister's systems configured so that she can share a printer Here is her setup She has a Windows XP computer to which her printer is attached It is connected via cable to a Linksys WRT G wireless router to which her cable modem is connected She also has a Windows laptop with a wireless network adapter which uses the same Linksys wireless router to connect to the internet Both computers connect through the wireless router to the internet with no problem Now for the problem I cannot get either computer to see the other computer on the network though both can see and successfully use the shared internet connection through the wireless router I've run the Network Setup Wizard on the XP machine and have checked the settings for the Win machine to make sure that the network is NOT trying to use the HomeGroup feature and that the network locaton is set as HOME I've also checked that the Network Advanced options are correctly set Other See Can't on Network Computers to enable network discovery file and printer Can't See Other Computers on Network sharing public folder sharing and media streaming Password protected sharing is turned off and encryption is set at bit In checking the router I wasn't there when the router was set up and my sister remembers little about how it was done she THINKS that maybe the cable guy who installed their cable internet service did it it shows an Unprotected connection While I have explained to her that this is dangerous everything I have read indicates that though it is ill advised it should still function She is hesitant to have me fiddle with the router--since with some justification she fears that she may lose her internet connection which as I said works fine now I readily confess that I am not a networking expert by any means I did successfully set up a similar setup of my own wireless router Win system and Win XP system cable modem But when I did it once I had configured everything each computer showed up on the other and file and printer sharing works fine If anyone has any suggestions as to what I may be missing or something I can check I'd be very appreciative Just a caveat that I may be slow to reply since checking anything or trying anything requires a physical trip to my sister's house Any suggestions welcomed

A:Can't See Other Computers on Network

Have the two computers been assigned to the same WorkGroup name ?

You can save trips to your sisters house by setting up a TeamViewer remote connection to access here computers.

See Here: TeamViewer

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/105158-cant-see-other-computers-network.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I just got my desktop and laptop hooked up to my wireless Linksys router. How do I see one computer from the other? One has XP and one has Vista. I don't know if that makes a hoot but I thought I'd add it. One more thing. How do I set up the printer to be used by both systems?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/seeing-other-computers-on-the-network.552736/
Relevancy 44.72%

Small office network, just moved into a new building. Trying to connect a laptop to the network to use shared resources. Machine is running XP, Workgroup name is the same (has been checked several times) and no other computers show up in My Network Places. Can connect to the internet just fine, can also connect to computers on the network if the path is entered manually. I need however to connect to a shared printer on another computer and if it cannot locate the computer on the network I'm not sure how to connect to the shared printer. This happens whether the laptop is connected to the network wireless or wired.

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi Network 2 computers guys I was wondering if anyone can help me to network my computers so I can share files between them I am just trying to create a Network 2 computers simple network with a etheret cable The desktop is a novatech barebones that I have had for a long time Network 2 computers and the other is a new Acer laptop They are both running the same version of Windows ultimte edition On the desktop 'network and sharing' page I see this When I d-click on the 'unidentified network' icon it 'sees' the laptop but when i d-click on that it says quot Laptop is not accessible You might not have permission to use this network resource Contact the admiistraotr of this server to find out if you have access permissions The Server service is not started quot On the laptops 'network and sharing' page i see Network 2 computers this and when I d-click on the multiple networks icon at the top it just shows the laptop and a laptop media area No desktop If I d-click on the park bench icon it tells me to name the network and choose an icon but then wont let me make any changes Can anybody tell me what I need to do to get these to computers to communicate properly I'm quite happy to start again from scratch creating a new network as obviously what I've done so far is obviously not correct as its not working properly Please feel free to ask any questions as I'll happily give any information you need in order to help me get this sorted I am a noob to networking though so the more straight-forward and simple you can make this the better for me Step-by-step would be perfect but anything that helps me with this will be very much appreciated Thanks

A:Network 2 computers

Also, when I click "see full network map" I get this...

I can drop down the bar at the top and select the direct connection between the two computers but then it tells me...

"Windows cannot create the network map because the network type is set to public. In order to view the network map, you must set the networks location type to Home or Work in Network and Sharing center."

Going back to the network and sharing center I cannot find anything clickable that will make these changes. This is on the laptop. When doing the same thing on the desktop I get the same map and when I drop the tab down and select the 'unidentified network' I get...

"Windows cannot create the network map. Responses from the other devices on the network are delayed or there is an incompatible router on the network."

hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/213602-network-2-computers.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I am running a laptop and a desktop, both running XP home, dell dimm 8400 and laptop inspiron 5100. Using Wireless router Linksys SRX200. I have had this problem before, went back to my notes but this time it did not fix the situation. both computer can access the Internet. Not sure where to start looking, I have checked everything that I know. Have taken down firewalls, no luck. Somehow I get the suspicion that through one of the microsoft fixes or updates, something change. Looking forward to someones reply and help. Gary

Relevancy 44.72%

Hello All I work in a small office environment see Computers other on network cannot each which has computers that share a single internet connection cable I have recentley changed the swith and the modem they went bad due Computers on network cannot see each other to a lightning strike and since them I not able to see the other computers on the network and I am also unable to share files or printers My setup is as follows Two of the Computers on network cannot see each other computers run to the router switch Linksys Wirless router w port switch and from there it goes directly to the cable modem The other machine in the office is connected directly to the cable modem This is the exact same seup that I had previously but now it will not work I am able to ping all of the ip s and everything works fine there but cannot see the computers in the workgroup The internet does work on all three machines I have made sure that the workgroup name is the same on all machines also have disabled all firewalls amp antivirus software and still will not work I feel that this must be a configuration problem as I am unable to locate any problems with the hardware Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated as I have struggled with this for days I really don t want to pay someone an hour when it is probably something that I have overlooked Again thank you nbsp

A:Computers on network cannot see each other

Turn off any firewalls for debugging. If the firewall is the problem, you'll have to configure it to allow access to "trusted zone" addresses. Note that some firewalls must be completely uninstalled to stop them from affecting your networking.

PING each computer by IP address, and if successful, PING by name. You can obtain the IP address of a computer by opening a command prompt (DOS window) and typing IPCONFIG. This should work for any Windows version.

All computers should be in the same workgroup for computer browsing to function properly. File & Print Sharing has to be enabled on any computer you wish to share files or printers from. You also need to actually share the resource in question from My Computer, right click on the drive/printer/folder, and select sharing.

If you encounter difficulties accessing computers that are visible in Network Neighborhood, make sure the computer being accessed has an account with the same name/password as the system connecting to it uses to login.

While the default NetBIOS setting is correct for normal network configurations, it's possible for it to be altered, and it costs nothing to make sure it's correct. NETBIOS over TCP/IP must be enabled for normal network browsing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computers-on-network-cannot-see-each-other.460947/
Relevancy 44.72%

As the title states, I'm trying to start a homegroup. I start one up, and being that both of my computers have the same name, they don't see each other.

I've got that part figured out, I just need to rename the laptop!

Woo, that's all fine and dandy, except when I renamed my laptop from Ken-PC (the name shared by both laptop and desktop) to KenLaptop and rebooted, there was a whole slew of problems caused by the namechange. Very long story somewhat shortened, it looked like I was booting up win 95.

Multiple error screens, very retro GUI, all fixed by renaming my laptop Ken-PC again.

I'm just trying to be able to share my files between the two computers! HEEEELP!
I thank you for reading, and at the very least, being able to vent if nobody can help.

A:Trying to network. Both computers Have same name.

I'm for sure no network expert but this great site has many Tutorials that can help you such as this one.
Map Network Drive
Hope this helps. Get back to us and let us know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/212055-trying-network-both-computers-have-same-name.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Alright so I've searched and searched for solutions but I just Using Computers a in Network can't find any Hopefully you guys can understand what I want to do NOTE I refuse to use TeamViewer Remote Desktop Connection LogMeIn or any other kind of remote connection software Well I've had this in my mind for a year or so now more or less over the past few weeks because my room has been occupied by my mother and I prefer not to Using Computers in a Network move my laptop from it's dock it's docked Using Computers in a Network with the charger usb hub mouse keyboard etc What I want to do is basically have Network Accounts I guess you could call it I want to be able to logon to my account and see my Desktop Documents etc when I login But I want to be able to do this from any computer within my household Now I guess I would have issues when traveling We all have gb hard drives so I still want them to be used besides the fact I don't want to go out and purchase a home server from Staples or something I don't want to have to purchase an online server If I have to buy a domain I'm fine with that Let me know of ANY solutions you have

A:Using Computers in a Network

Start with this article.

Start here to set up a home network in Windows 7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEI2dQPODrQ

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/213011-using-computers-network.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I recently came to own a new computer, I've been using it for a while and set up Remote Desktop connection on it with a friends help. Now i'm going back to my old machine to try and set it up as a media server. Its not going to have a monitor connected to it so i need some way to connect and see whats going on.

Both machines are Win 7, although my old one is running 32bit.

I have a linksys e1200 router and both are wired connections. If you need more info please ask and i'll do my best to answer it.

I need help connecting it to the network so i can remote into it. I've set it up as best i could but it still wont allow me to connect. I think i'm missing something but whatever it is alludes me

A:How do i set up two computers on the same network to RDC

Have you tried Network Sharing..
Look at Doc's suggestions #2 and #3
Setting up a Home Network

Hope this is what you are looking for!
THW

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/206986-how-do-i-set-up-two-computers-same-network-rdc.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Good morning.
I've been setting up a new computer in my daughter's room. How do I network hers with mine?
Thanks!
Amy Jo

A:How do I network two computers?

There are a few different things you can try. Are you wanting to just hook them both up to each other, or allow them both to access the internet?

If you are just wanting to hook them up together you can simply use a crossover cable to hook them up directly to the Ethernet ports.

But if you want to allow them both to access the internet you need to get a router. There are plenty of articles in TechSpot describing them thoroughly. Have a look around.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-network-two-computers.18188/
Relevancy 44.72%

hi to everyone this is my first post here so i would like to start by saying quot thank you quot to all who can help me we actually have computers laptops and desktops but i just want the to network together laptop which is HP running on computers 3 network can't vista home premium and the desktops running both on windows xp pro i ll label them as PC laptop pc can't network 3 computers desktop pc desktop pc and pc can see each other but pc is not in the network they are on the same workgroup checked that for the nth time but still pc won t show up i ve also tried pinging it on pc and all went well packets sent packets received what seems to the problem i ve read on one of the posts here that i should try to make the network and file sharing as private not public but im not well acquainted with vista yet thanks to all nbsp

A:can't network 3 computers

Here are some basic debugging steps to take first, you need to establish basic connectivity first and deal with any firewall issues.
Turn off any firewalls for debugging. If the firewall is the problem, you'll have to configure it to allow access to "trusted zone" addresses. Note that some firewalls must be completely uninstalled to stop them from affecting your networking.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt.

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands:

PING each remote computer by IP address, and if successful, PING by name. Open a command prompt as described above and type.

PING <ip address>
or
PING <computer name>

Where:
<ip address> - is the x.x.x.x IP address
<computer name> - is the computer name

A failure to PING is almost always a firewall configuration issue. Any failure to PING needs to be corrected before you go any farther.

Note: You can obtain the IP address and computer name of a computer by opening a command prompt (DOS window) and typing IPCONFIG /ALL. This should work for any Windows version. The IPCONFIG /ALL display will provide a wealth of useful information for debugging your network connection.

Check your Services are Started on all PCs:

COM+ Event System (for WZC issues)
Computer Browser
DHCP Client
DNS Client
Network Connections
Network Location Awareness
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
Server
TCP/IP Netbios helper
Wireless Zero Configuration (XP wireless configurations)
WLAN AutoConfig (Vista wireless configurations)
Workstation

Note: You can check the services in Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services.

All of these services should be started, and their startup type should be automatic.

If a service is not running, open it's properties and check the dependencies. Check each of the dependencies and see which one is preventing the service from running. Checking the event log is also a good idea here, there may be clues to what is failing.
All computers should be in the same workgroup for computer browsing to function properly. File & Print Sharing has to be enabled on any computer you wish to share files or printers from. You also need to actually share the resource in question from My Computer, right click on the drive/printer/folder, and select sharing.

If you encounter difficulties accessing computers that are visible in Network Places (Network and Sharing Center in Vista), make sure the computer being accessed has an account with the same name/password as the system connecting to it uses to login. NOTE: Vista's default is to require a password on the account to enable file/print sharing.

While the default NetBIOS setting is correct for normal network configurations, it's possible for it to be altered, and it costs nothing to make sure it's correct. NETBIOS over TCP/IP must be enabled for normal network browsing. You can open a command prompt as described above and type the following command: nbtstat -n. This will display the status of NetBIOS or indicate it's not configured.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-network-3-computers.836222/
Relevancy 44.72%

I've got 3 computers on my network
Windows Server 2003
Windows 2000
and now, Windows 7

I can map drives on Windows 7 to Windows 2000
I can map drives on Windows Server 2003 to Windows 2000
However, no matter what I do, I can not see my 2003 Server from my Win7 computer and also the other way around.

I could when I got this all set up, for a little while - - something changed, I guess, but I don't have the slightest idea where to start looking.

Help!?!?

A:Network computers won't see each other

Is your File and Printer sharing...option ON?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/60106-network-computers-wont-see-each-other.html
Relevancy 44.72%

running win7 in new hp pc
xp pro in the old pc
have a motorla sb5100
cable modem ethernet
can I connect the old pc to the new? how?

Relevancy 44.72%

ok... I have 2 computers and a printer I want to get it so that both computers can print stuff to the printer, right now my set up is, the internet goes directly to the router then the router splits it between the 2 computers then the printer is hooked up to the one computer, but the two computers can not see eachother but they both get the internet How can i make them be able to print?

A:Trying To Network My Computers

PING each computer by IP address, and if successful, PING by name. You can obtain the IP address of a computer by opening a command prompt (DOS window) and typing IPCONFIG. This should work for any Windows version.

If you encounter difficulties accessing computers that are visible in Network Neighborhood, make sure the computer being accessed has an account with the same name/password as the system connecting to it uses to login.

While the default NetBIOS setting is correct for normal network configurations, it's possible for it to be altered, and it costs nothing to make sure it's correct. NETBIOS over TCP/IP must be enabled for normal network browsing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trying-to-network-my-computers.432640/