Windows Support Forum

Cant get into wireless properties tab!! Please help!!

Q: Cant get into wireless properties tab!! Please help!!

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Sal/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/Sal/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/Sal/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/Sal/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.jpg[/IMG]hey im having a major issue that i know someone can fix!!

Please help!!

i just need to get into the properties tab that is grayed out. here is a screen shot.
what can i do to get access to this??

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Cant get into wireless properties tab!! Please help!!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Cant get into wireless properties tab!! Please help!!

i still cant figure this out. i dont know if its something to do with administrator or what. i am the only person that uses this computer so i really dont know what else to do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/10911-cant-get-into-wireless-properties-tab-please-help.html
Relevancy 49.02%

i have two HD's, both with XP installed.
The old drive rarely gets used and does not have the problem.
The new drive is the main boot and its the one with the issue.
I have tried a few things that people posted on the net, but it has not helped. The internet does work though.

It stops responding and really slows down the pc. I tried it in safe mode w/ networking and it still locked up.

A:LAN/Wireless properties not responding

What exactly locks up, the computer or your network connections? Any recent changes to the system like hardware installs or new programs?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lan-wireless-properties-not-responding-586989.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,
Please Help me to resolve this "ISSUE"

My wireless network Association, tab has changed completely to
Spanish, however, all other tabs remain in English
(authentication, connection). Also on the list of wireless
networks has information in Spanish (see images for details).
Its strange because I've never used Spanish EVER before in
anyway or form on my computer. I also reinstall wireless network
adapter Driver but problem is still There :-(

Please help me
Thanks in Advance
Regards

A:wireless network Properties

Who will help me to resolve this annoying problem!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-properties.980220/
Relevancy 49.02%

i have two HD's, both with XP installed.
The old drive rarely gets used and does not have the problem.
The new drive is the main boot and its the one with the issue.
I have tried a few things that people posted on the net, but it has not helped. The internet does work though.

It stops responding and really slows down the pc. I tried it in safe mode w/ networking and it still locked up.

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi - I still have internet access. However, when I go into wireless connections, properties, general, the TCP/IP "stack" has disappeared.

The rest are still there: Client for MS networks
File & Printer sharing
QoS Packet Scheduler

I've posted to other forums and I have had an external PC professional have a look, but not even the latter could find out what happened.

The reason I need it is that I manually set my IP address at home, but let it find it automatically elsewhere, but can't as cannot access the TCP/IP elements.

Thanks.

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi, I have the linksys WMP300N wireless card on Win7 32bit. Anyway in the linksys properties there is no power management tab.. I want to uncheck the box that let's windows power down the device. But without the tab I can't. I know it is probably a driver issue for the WMP300N doesn't have the best driver support for win 7 but it works. Anyway was wondering if anyone knew of another way I could access the power management other then wireless properties.. Maybe through the registry?

Any help would be great

Thanks
Boardgame

A:No Power Management tab in Wireless Properties

That means that the device driver doesnt have the feature implemented, nothing you can do.

You can try going into "power options" in the control panel and seeing if you have the option there, but thats the only other place i can think of.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/47281-no-power-management-tab-wireless-properties.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,

I've had real trouble locating this particular window in Windows 10. The only way I can get to it is if I create a manual entry for a wireless network. In Windows 7 you used to be able to get to it for existing wireless networks that I had previously connected to. Does anyone have any idea how to get to it? Many thanks

A:Where is the Wireless Network Properties window from W7?

Settings app > Network & Internet > WiFi > Manage known networks. Select a network, click Properties

Wireless Network Profiles - See in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/70127-where-wireless-network-properties-window-w7.html
Relevancy 48.16%

The wireless network properties box is missing. I have a Satellite pro 4600 with Linksys card for wireless and every thing worked once before. I replaced the hard drive with a new one and rebuilt the system. After installing the Cisco PEAP supplicant software to be able to logon at the college the box is now missing. I've tracked the problem to the PEAP software overwriting files on Win2000 sp4.
Or so the masters at M/S claim. Their advice was to reinstall Sp4. This didn't work. All of the information I have for configuring wireless cards for Win2000 show this box and it was there the firt time I set up the system. I have reformatted the hard drive twice then Installed Win2000 pro and the Sp3 and Sp4 using two different Install cds. I did not install the PEAP supplicant and still no box.

Thanks Rezehk

A:Win2000 pro wireless network properties box missing

Did you install ALL the motherboard drivers for the system?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win2000-pro-wireless-network-properties-box-missing.311041/
Relevancy 48.16%

Every time I sign into my windows account at wireless 8 cannot pw. or save access Windows properties home it never automatically connects to it I tried following the tutorial at http www jmu edu computing desktop s-Windows pdf However when I get up to the part where you are support to right click on the wifi connection to access view connection properties I am unable to Right clicking on the wireless connection does absolutely nothing I even tried clicking on it and holding and still nothing When I go to the network and sharing center and click Windows 8 cannot access wireless properties or save pw. on the wireless connection it pops up a dialogue called wi-fi status However there is no button for wireless properties I remember in windows there use to be a tab where you change the key encryption type and there was a check box where you can save the password Essentially I can't access the dialog box in page of the above link I have spent numerous hours trying to figure this out Any help greatly appreciated

A:Windows 8 cannot access wireless properties or save pw.

It sounds like your version of Windows 8 is missing something or maybe just some files are missing, hard to say why this problem would occur.

You might try running the sfc/scannow command to see if there are any missing files.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/16606-windows-8-cannot-access-wireless-properties-save-pw.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I've just replaced my Microsoft Desktop wired with the Microsoft Desktop wireless the keyboard has no problems but every time I start up the computer the mouse scroll speed is like lightning unusably fast and I have to go into control panel properties wireless remembered/activated being not mouse mouse but I don't wireless mouse properties not being remembered/activated have to change anything --once I've loaded that device properties window the settings kick in and the mouse begins to work normally with one exception--sometimes I'm not yet sure of exactly when the wheel-click properties also don't work e g I get an ineffectual 'ding' noise when trying to open a new tab in firefox with middle-click even though the settings show it should be set for 'default behavior' after a restart and control panel window it will start responding normally bafflingly being both Microsoft products I'm a little surprised it's having this problem this has been going on since I bought it a week ago no amount of shut downs or restarts or changing mouse properties has changed its failure to activate the properties accordingly on start-up any ideas would be appreciated thanks

A:wireless mouse properties not being remembered/activated

Mate as a general ruel I don't like Microsoft mice full stop keyboards fine. Did you get installing the mouse software message when you first plugged it in? if not then you might try checking is the driver is up to date in the Device Manager or you could try here

Microsoft Keyboard & Mouse: Wireless Keyboard 800 | Microsoft Hardware

If this doesn't work then I would go for a Logitec mouse.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/280198-wireless-mouse-properties-not-being-remembered-activated.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Please help me
my Wireless Network Connection Properties not can click!
me try Uninstall WNC Adapter on Device Manager
and reset IPV4, Winsock on CMD.
but still not can click. what is this problem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/382833-help-wireless-network-connection-properties-not-can-click.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I was trying to set up an ad hoc network and toyed around with some of the wireless network settings. The network I was trying to set up didn't quite work out so I tried to set it back to how they were but forgot how they were.

Is there a way to delete the Wireless Network Connection and let it create a new one or is there a "standard" setting for this to strictly find a wireless network and connect to it?

I am running Windows XP Pro.

Any help or questions would be appreciated

Relevancy 47.3%

Is there a freeware program to view WZC profile information from the command line? I found one that allows you to display the profiles themselves, however to display the profile properties I haven't found one.

I could also use direct registry edits if I had to, using the reg command. The problem being, that it would appear that the information is stored in binary format, which I've got no idea how to even manually pull the profile name from. The only thing that information seems to give me, is the abillity to later manipulate the order of the networks, that is maybe. I don't need that part yet, but will later on. I guess, since viewing the profiles is so slow, direct registry edits "might" be preffered. This is WZC I'm concerned about, not any third party utillities. I'm using Windows XP, and it's SP2 or later.

A:View Wireless Network Properties from the Command Line

Researching further, it looks like nobody knows how to pull the information from the registry. I've got Windows XP, so netsh wlan won't work. It looks like this is leaving me now with 2 solutions to get some of this information.

Solution 1: Use some kind of programming API to get the information and display it from the command line. I've therefore heard that there seems to be an interface called the WZC native API. If that's true, how would you use it in AutoIt or in a BATCH file or in a VBScript? I've never used anything like it before, so I need detailed explanations of what the code does, except for that doesn't mean I need to know all the internals of every function. But I need to know how to use it. I know BATCH files well, but I don't really know the full VBScript or AutoIt languages, though I can make some of it's code out anyway.

Solution 2: Somehow maybe use AutoIt in another way to read the properties from the dialog box. I know from research that this is probably possible, but I don't know how to do it. And what I need to do, is hide all that visible clicking going on, even if I'm doing some clicking. That is - hide it from the end user. It's nice to see it moving on the screen, but I'd rather not see it if I were the end user, in this case.

Now keep in mind, that at this point, all I'm trying to implement in these programs, is a way to do exactly what you can already do in Windows XP by default (but it has to be compatible with Windows XP Home, Pro, and MCE), except for from the command line. This is just one small part of a larger picture. I'll then be able to use that command in my other parts of my code that I need it in. So my general rule that I need to follow, is if you can't do it in the Windows XP dialog boxes, you can't do it in this program. If you CAN do it in the Windows XP dialog boxes, you CAN do it in this program. But everything is from the command line, in the end result. If Windows XP already provides a command line, which in this case it doesn't, I should use it. If that's not possible, I should use the registry, but I guess that's not possible if nobody knows how. If that's not possible, I guess I'll try to use a VBScript, and if that's not possible, I'll try to use AutoIt. But the end result is a command line program.

I hope this starts to get me down the right track. It took this weekend to find this information so far.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/view-wireless-network-properties-from-the-command-line.774772/
Relevancy 46.87%

I wonder how I can disable my wireless network and view their WAN or Lan properties in windows 7. I can do it in windows xp myself though.

A:How I can disable/enable wireless network and view properties of Lan connection?

Hi have you looked in device manager

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-i-can-disable-enable-wireless-network-and-view-properties-of-lan-connection-557333.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate, SP1, on an HP G60-120US laptop.  I have an Atheros AR5009 wireless adapter.
I have no problems with internet access.  However, in Network and Sharing Center I left click on "change adapter settings", right click on Wireless Network Connection, and then left click on Properties I get an error box that says "An unexpected error occurred."  I tried to do a clean boot using MSCONFIG but that did not work.  I tried to uncheck the "Load startup items" box but after restarting it was shaded solid again.  I then tried to check the "Diagnostic Startup" radio button and then click on "apply" but it jumps right back to selective startup.  Can you please help me clean my laptop?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603920/cant-change-wireless-adapter-properties-in-network-connections-windows-7/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hey, how are you?

So I'm trying to connect to the internet via wireless. I have this sheet that tells me step-by-step instructions on how to do this (connect to my work network). The problem is that when I right-click on 'Wireless Network Connection,' only the Networking and Sharing are the only options that show up. I need the 'General' 'Wireless Networks' 'Advanced' tabs to continue my set-up. Am I clicking on the wrong thing? This also happens with my 'Local Area Connection'.

Thanks for any help.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/214925-missing-general-wireless-networks-advanced-tabs-properties.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi I have a folder of home videos that I 6.41Gb says says folder 2.67Gb, properties properties *.* back up to a USB key with Syncback The key is nearly full and I'm trying to reduce the size of that folder But here's the thing If I folder properties says 2.67Gb, *.* properties says 6.41Gb right-click on my 'Home videos' folder and select 'Properties' it tells me I have files in folders taking Gb However if I open the folder and search for to show all the files then select all right-click 'Properties' it tells me I have files in folders taking Gb Still at the bottom of the Windows Explorer window it says items selected This is the case on both the folder in My Documents on the PC and also the matching folder on the USB key Treesize also shows Gb for both folders In fact as far as I can figure what with everything else on the same USB key there wouldn't even be room for a Gb folder I've tried showing both hidden and system files and folders but there's nothing extra to see Can anyone please explain this anomaly I must be doing something wrong but I can't figure it out

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/399832-folder-properties-says-2-67gb-properties-says-6-41gb.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I'm trying to connect my Xbox 360 to my laptop, using Vista, and there is no "sharing"d tab to allow ICS, so It always fails the IP address test. I've tried every site and googled it multiple times but still haven't gotten a solution.

A:Solved: No "Sharing" tab in wireless network connection properties

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-sharing-tab-in-wireless-network-connection-properties.754170/
Relevancy 42.14%

i'm trying to configure my network to connect automaticaly.
i right click the network on the network list, but there is only disconnect and status.
there is no "properties" option.
on another computer there is.
the user is admin and UAC is turned off.

F#&^$%

A:don't have the "properties" option for wireless network

Go to start > control panel > network

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/78454-dont-have-properties-option-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello Im using vista ultimate x When i access the local area connection window where all the TCP IPv and TCP IPv are I am unable to click on properties on any of them yes i am the administartor By other words i am unable too access the access window Cannot in properties" area connection properties "local window where you can change the quot Obtain an ip adress automatically quot and quot obtain dns server address automatically quot options are When i sellect TCP IPv or TCP IPv the properties button is just gray As is the unnistall button When i hit the configure button i just get sendt back too the desktop I am Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" window also unable to uncheck the TCP IPv or TCP IPv boxes on the left side of the names or any of the other stuff If I hit the install button and try too install i new protocoll i only get a error message saying quot windows cannot find the file quot Iv'e also tried it using the administrator account But it didn't help What is causing this problem and how Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" window I fix it Thanks in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-access-properties-in-local-area-connection-properties-window-187331.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello Im using vista ultimate x When i access the local area connection window where all the TCP IPv and TCP IPv are I am unable to click on properties on any of them yes i am the administartor By other words i am unable too access the window where you can change the quot Obtain an ip adress automatically quot and access window area "local properties" in properties Cannot connection quot obtain dns server address automatically quot options are When i sellect TCP IPv or Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" window TCP IPv the properties button is just gray As is the unnistall button When i hit the configure button i just get sendt back too the desktop I am also unable to uncheck the TCP IPv or TCP IPv boxes on the left side of the names or any of the other stuff If I hit the install button and try too install i new protocoll i only get a error message saying quot windows cannot find the file quot Iv e also tried it jusing the administrator account But it didn t help What is causing this problem and how I fix it Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-access-properties-in-local-area-connection-properties-window.636065/
Relevancy 31.39%

I have a printer (with wireless capability) wired to desktop (Windows XP) and a wireless laptop (Windows 7). My question is, can the printer be connected wirelessly to the laptop as well as wired to the desktop, or does everything have to be wireless?
Another question: If I want to share files between the two computers, do they both have to be the same operating system? (one is Windows XP and the other is Windows 7)

A:Solved: Wireless Laptop/Wireless Desktop (via wireless adapter)/ printer

I would guess that the printer can be connected by ethernet and wireless, but I've never had one with both capabilities so I don't really know.

I once had a printer that worked OK connected to a network plus connected to another computer by USB. Even so, that may depend on the particular printer.

There may be two operating systems that cannot file share with each other but I don't know which ones that might be. Windows XP and 7 are fine sharing with each other (but not claiming that nobody has had any problems).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-laptop-wireless-desktop-via-wireless-adapter-printer.1054838/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi i cannot access the properties in programmes when i right click. or in my computer when i right click on the c drive. I cannot access the desktop properties when i right click either. there is no error messages just nothing happens.: eek: i cant seem to get a smilie either by the looks of things

angelike

Relevancy 31.39%

Want to get to Properties and change monitor aspect ratio. Right clicking on desktop isn't  helping

A:How to get to Properties

I think this will help, go to control panel, then to personalization.  should show display settings and click on it.  You can change several aspects of the monitor.  Hope this helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510294/how-to-get-to-properties/
Relevancy 31.39%

EDIT Somehow the tab properties! help with Need that was missing has started to appear again don't know how because I haven't done anything but it's back anyway I recently re-installed windows ultimate the same I had the last time on my Need help with properties! computer But I noticed one thing Before I re-installed windows all the files programs etc in their quot Properties quot looked like this Tabs in one row only and also a tab either named quot customize quot or quot icons quot But now all the file and program properties look like this It's in swedish to translate the tabs within the red lines are quot Need help with properties! Safety quot quot Information quot quot Previous versions quot quot General quot quot Compability quot quot Digital Signatures quot My issue is before I re-installed windows the tabs in properties for both files and programs anything almost wasn't lined in two rows like in the picture above they were only lined in one just like with folder properties And I had the ability to change a file or program's icon in quot properties quot I don't know how get that back I've tried to google it but I can't find anything on how to fix this All I can find is people showing how to get quot Customize quot tab to work in folder properties but I've always had the quot Customize quot or quot icons quot tab in all my program files properties too and I want it back Please help Becca

A:Need help with properties!

Don't know about the single tab row thing. Maybe you for some reason had fewer tabs before so they fit on only one row? These in the picture don't seem to fit in only one.

Regarding the Customize tab: Customize Tab - Add or Remove from Properties

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/343901-need-help-properties.html
Relevancy 31.39%

I have an old Dell C that I ve been using for a long time with Windows Ultimate Apart from the odd driver problem it has been working fine for a long time About a month ago my niece took it in her head to Properties anywhere. No - tidy my desk while I was out I had left the machine running a backup on the mains with a battery inserted She managed to unplug it and somehow remove the battery causing it to crash and corrupt both the No Properties - anywhere. registry files and my backup disk I ve managed to get it working again from the existing registry files except No Properties - anywhere. for one big feature I ve tried SFC scannow which only failed to recover one file - which isn t used anyway Now everything seems to work OK except that some installs just disappear into a black hole and I suspect the cause of the lack of install NO property sheets work just flicker the AV and disappear into the black hole When I say none of them I mean not one from anywhere - right click control panel or anywhere It is only the property sheets that don t work everything else seems to be OK Google does not help in this instance as none match this case I ve tried removing all AV Firewall and Antimalware I ve tried checking the registry and removing all old redundant stuff I ve tried Safe mode I have no restore point available as I use ERUNT to do a daily backup and all those got corrupted The last full backup I have is on an OLD disk from over a year ago I am fully expecting to have to do a fresh install anyway but if anyone has any ideas that might help fix it without for now I would be extremely grateful I think it is just missing a class entry from the registry but finding which and what it should be is perplexing nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-properties-anywhere.1009230/
Relevancy 31.39%

Windows 2000 computer set unused over a year. unable to connect to internet at this time. in troubleshooting i found that i was unable to access TCP/IP properties. The button will not activate. i tried to install TCP/IP protocol. The message: "An error occurred during the installation of the device. The inf or the device information set or element does not match the specified install class."

I downloaded a virus scan onto a CD and run this. No infections found. i downloaded windows 2000 updates onto a CD and run those. i contacted the internet tech support- unable to find a problem. I deleted the subkey pertaining to the network interface card (i think it was the right one) and search for updated driver and installed it.

What else can i do?

Relevancy 31.39%

I am running Windows 98. I have a CD burner and a CD Rom. When I go to Device Mgr. > CD Rom Properties > Settings, I have "Auto Insert notification" and "DMA" checked. What is the purpose of "disconnect" and "sync data transfer"? Should I have either of those boxes checked?

Relevancy 31.39%

i need to go into properties but when i go into my computer there is no icon for properties please help

A:properties

and welcome to the Forum

What do you see when you right click on My Computer and select Properties?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/properties-663075.html
Relevancy 31.39%

I have a desk top photo i want to remove but i can't bring up properties on the desk top. I click properties and nothing happens. I tried removing it from my photos but couldn't. Tried to restore systems and go back a few days but won't let me. I'm very surprised about that. Can you help?

A:properties

If you boot the system into safe mode can you do either of those things?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/properties-591134.html
Relevancy 31.39%

In Properties under general which one should be checkmarked?
Compress drive to sace disk space or allow indexing?

A:in Properties

Allow indexing, assuming you're talking about C drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/in-properties.804553/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi.
Recently I've formatted my pc and installed winXP pro and then something weird happend.
When I click on properties on one or more files, thing are all right but, if I click on properties on a folder, they do not appear....

Can this be solved without another format?
Thanks and I'me sorry for my english...

HybrisPT

A:Properties

Did you log on as the Administrator or a "User" when you tried this?
If it was as a user then try it as the Adminstrator as it may be a user profile security setting causing it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/properties.353357/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi,

In Windows Style Builder, how do I change the background color of the Properties window?

Rand Marks

It is all under Lists, Menus & Tabs > Tab
Lists, Menus & Tabs > Tab > Body
Lists, Menus & Tabs > Tab > Pane
Then the Tabs

The very outside is Fonts & System Metrics > BtnFace:Color
Some of that black text can not be changed it's hard coded.

Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/276900-properties.html
Relevancy 31.39%

When I pick a 'Folder Picture' and apply it to a specific folder, it applies to that folder and then, seemingly randomly' appears on other folders in various locations also.

Since it specifically says "...choose a file to show on this folder icon..." I asume there is something funny going on.

Any help would be appreciated!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/259891-icc-properties.html
Relevancy 31.39%

When inserting a blank or recorded cd in my cd drive, the properties show "0 bytes used,0 bytes free" and the pie chart is all blue. 
           If I select "open" all the files are there.
Can anyone suggest a reason or resolution for this.  I am using Windows 7 premium, on a Toshiba Satellite C660. 

A:Cd properties

Have you cleaned your CD/DVD drive lately?  They get dirty over time.  You can get a cleaning disc for stores that sell computers.

Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/537845/cd-properties/
Relevancy 31.39%

I Cannot Change My Desktop Background. I Have A Blue Screen. When I Click In Properties, Then Click Desktop My Brouse Button And Stretch Buttons Are Gray. How Can I Fix This Problem

Did you select a background?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/properties.652383/
Relevancy 31.39%

I had some problems recently and was advised to create a new profile... which I did, and the new profile seems to have solved the problems I was having... however, now my recycle bin has a plain document icon, there is no "empty recycle bin" option in the right click menu and when I try to choose properties I get a message saying "the properties for this item are not available"... the one thing I've tried is sfc scan, but it did not solve the problem. Any thoughts? I'm on Home Premium.

A:Properties not available

Try couple of fixes.
General fix: http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/fix-corrupted-recycle-bin-windows-7-vista/
Recycle Bin incorrect icon: http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/66294-recycle-bin.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/374965/properties-not-available/
Relevancy 30.96%

my pc power sutdown value was entered at 5 minutes in display properties and applied, yet the moniter will not shutdown. please advise

A:display properties

The desktop has to be untouched for 5 minutes more than only the monitor will turn off Means it will give no display but physically your monitor will be turned on. Depends on the settings of your monitor it will go to standby but won't turn off your monitor. In order to turn off your monitor you have to phsically switch off the monitor.

This function is to save the power only. When the screen is idle for a long time (5 minutes) it will go to standby.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/display-properties-485184.html
Relevancy 30.96%

When I go to display properties, appearance... I can't change the effects. When I click on it, it does nothing. Any ideas?

A:Display properties?

Try signing on as an administrator

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-properties.213701/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi,

not sure if I asked this before, but after a bootup the blesed desktop properties window below appears / runs on the destop.

Anybody knows what is causing it or how to stop it? ....nick

Relevancy 30.96%

I am moving a great deal of folders from an older hard drive
to another.... How can I get the folders to keep the original
date instead the date I move the folders?
I know that I can change the date of each one, but was
wondering if there were a trick to having it not change the
date in the first place.
Thanks so much for being here.....

Xpwannabe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/folder-properties.341869/
Relevancy 30.96%

Display properties will not hold. Every time I start up or reboot I have to go int Display Properties to reset to the Theme I saved my settings in.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-properties.562000/
Relevancy 30.96%

ok when i right click and select properties. it will pop up the theme menu but all the tabs aree gone(see attached screenshot) and i am trying to change my resolution and color settings. It's been doing this since I installed SP2 because in the beginning it was stuck in 4-bit color with the onboard. i installed a pci video cad and now it displays ok.but the resolution isn't as high as i want it and i cant change the color settings higher like i wantewd either. I used to be able to get into it thru the help and support on the start menu but now that isn't working either .I'm running a dell dimension 2300 with XP pro SP2, and i did not have this problem before SP 2. So please Help guys

Relevancy 30.96%

Hello,

I am having a slight problem with my Recycle Bin. When I right click on the RB I go to PRoperties and click on it and it doesn't open. It opened before when I went to change the default text. Any ideas? I use Tweak UI and System Optimizer in Norton Systemworks 2005 but I don't recall anything that changes the RB props.

A:Recycle Bin Properties

Anyone have an ideas about this little problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recycle-bin-properties.354925/
Relevancy 30.96%

ok I go to start, control panel, click System, then click on Advanced, then Settings for Performance, uncheck Fade or slide menus into view, Show shadows under menus, Show shadows under mouse pointer, Slide taskbar buttons, Smooth edges of screen fonts, then I click on OK and OK again then re-boot and go back to look at the Performance Options and they're checked again :S anyways way to make then not checked for good and not get auto-checked open startup/re-booting?

Relevancy 30.96%

platform WinXP Pro bit build SP Dell Latitude D I recently removed some malware from the machine with Cant properties or IE IE open a Kaspersky bootable CD mulitple times then booting into Windows SafeMode and ran the latest version of Malware Bytes I did this until it found no more infections times i believe I then was able to login to the machine normally and everything seems to be working fine except for IE I thought maybe upgrading to IE would refresh the program but the issue persists I then discovered that the Internet Properties is not present in the Control Panel If i try to run the actual Internet Propeties cpl command inetcpl cpl the mouse pointer seems to flicker for a millisecond and then Cant open IE or IE properties nothing I cant get anything to respond On another note Safari is loaded on this machine and i can get to the internet just fine i want to check for Windows updates to help prevent this issue in the future I am sorry if this is not in the correct sub-forum i am still learning my way around here I am not currently on the machine now I am on my work machine with it sitting directly next to me I will get on that machine run the DDS and then post the findings in a new post so as not to confuse anyone Thanks in advance for any and all help Jason

A:Cant open IE or IE properties

ok, so safari loads up to the internet with no issue, and all scans show no baddies...have you totally and completely uninstalled IE from that PC?I had an issue like this on a PC, where as you double clicked on IE, IE props in Control Panel, or as you have done as well, ran from the command, it only blinked flashed or blipped.Only way that I could get it to function period was to totally uninstall IE from the PC, search the registry for any track, delete it, restart the PC, and reinstall IE.side note: why use IE? aside from getting microsoft updates, why not stick with Safari, Chrome, FireFox?back to the issue, if you want to remove EVERYTHING when you uninstall use Revo http://www.revouninstaller.com/super duper install remover. Of course you need to read everything about the program and understand what it can and cannot doalso what it will and will not remove apon uninstalling - so if you install and run that program and it bricks the PC, not my fault

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/298496/cant-open-ie-or-ie-properties/
Relevancy 30.96%

ok there are many software patches that make xp look liek vista, what i want is a thing that in vista when your on your desktop and you left click your mouse and drag it around there is a bluish box that goes around it and in xp it is all clear, i need a type of software tht can do this for me if anyone knows of it please tell me

thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vista-properties-for-xp.71120/
Relevancy 30.96%

when i re-installed windows xp i noticed the color was not correct so i went under display properties and saw the color quality was 4 bit instead of 32 i also could not move the screen resolution arrow and the screen and its contents are large so i can't make them smaller what happened and how can i fix it i looked at driver tab it states this driver is working properly

A:display properties

When you reinstall XP it begins using a generic driver that ships with XP. You will need to determine what type of graphics card you have in your system, go to that manufacturers website and download the appropriate driver.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/display-properties-388352.html
Relevancy 30.96%

Hello You know how you can set the properties of a folder by rightclicking and selecting properties and then under the Customize tab you can choose whether the folder is for Music Photos or Videos etc Well that ability is not available in the same way for the actual D second harddrive Somehow Windows decided to make my entire D drive a Music folder so when I m in the root folder for D it doesn t have the option to quot Make New Folder quot Instead it shows quot Play All quot and actions for Music type folders See photos It needs to be quot File and Folder Tasks quot not quot Music or Pictures Tasks Properties Help! Folder quot but how do Folder Properties Help! you change this setting on a folder or in this case harddrive if the Folder Properties do not have a Customize tab Anyone know how to fix this Thanks Post Script That is a backup for my purchased copy of said movie nbsp

Relevancy 30.96%

On the monitor display properties,
settings
800x600 pixels,higest 32 bit.
DISPLAY is at
Plug & Play monitor on NVIDIA GeForce
FX 5500

Now lately on start up Im getting
640x480 with lowest 4 bit.

I try to correct this by changing the properties back to the proper settings.

That doesnt seems to work,its still there.
So
I use the "GoBack" feature and reboot and its now corrected.

Sometimes for days or weeks it stays corrected but this AM it started at
960x600
highest 32 bit
I use the trouble shooting in that Display area but its not helping at all.

The monitor is a Dell flat screen 19"

A:Display properties

Try and re-installing your video card driver or checking to see if there is a update driver for it on the manufactures site.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-properties.544320/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hey Guys I had an issue with my external western digital passport I got a replacement sent to me and last night I left my computer on transferring data from one external to the other In the morning I saw went into My Computer and right clicked on the hard drive and clicked on properties to see if the file for are not this item properties available The sizes were the same I was greeted with the message -Desktop- The properties for this item are not available THE PROBLEM IS NOT JUST WITH MY EXTERNAL DRIVES THAT ARE PLUGGED IN ITS ALSO HAPPENING WITH MY C DRIVE DVD DRIVE BASICALLY EVERYTHING IN MY COMPUTER WHEN I GO INTO DRIVE C AND RIGHT CLICK A FILE GO TO PROPERTIES THE PROPERTIES COME UP Then I did some googling and tried some registry fix that seemed to have worked for two other people Solved The properties for this item are not available - Windows Help Forums The properties for this item are not available but when trying to add the reg file i got the message ERROR ACCESSING THE REGISTRY So I thought to myself I didn't have this problem yesterday and I checked system restore and I saw that I had a restore point created yesterday after windows updated But I have this problem I was able to do the system restore after all But it did not fix my problem If anyone knows how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated I don't want to have to reformat my hard drive Thanks in advance

A:The properties for this item are not available

Does the system work without the properties for drive C coming up? It may just be the way your drives are configured, how many partitions do you have on that drive?

Also, are you running BOOT CAMP on a Mac? You may not ever be able to see the properties for the drive. But I'm pleased to see Boot Camp Running Windows 8.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/26840-properties-item-not-available.html
Relevancy 30.96%

Not sure when I lost this facility but lost it I have. In Windows 7, 32 bit, when I go to Computer and then right click on any hard/DVD drive I get the above message - from Desktop. I just can't get any details of any drive. I actually now use Defraggler to find out how full my disks are.

I've scoured the Internet but just can't find any suggestions - apart from Malware which I've checked and re-checked.

Any suggestions will be welcomed.

Simon

A:The properties for this item are not available

Quote: Originally Posted by sikm

Not sure when I lost this facility but lost it I have. In Windows 7, 32 bit, when I go to Computer and then right click on any hard/DVD drive I get the above message - from Desktop. I just can't get any details of any drive. I actually now use Defraggler to find out how full my disks are.

I've scoured the Internet but just can't find any suggestions - apart from Malware which I've checked and re-checked.

Any suggestions will be welcomed.

Simon

Hi Simon and welcome

1- run system file check to repair system files. if this doesnt fix it or if it says could not fix the files

2- use the win 7dvd to run a repair install
Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/128311-properties-item-not-available.html
Relevancy 30.96%

I have attached an image of my ethernet properties settings...can some of these be unchecked..i know you need 'client for microsoft networks' and 'Avg Network Filter Driver ' for Avg Internet Security but do you all the rest ?

A:Ethernet Properties

Hi, you can uncheck IPv6 if you are not using it That would be all unless you want to break your network connectivity.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/network-help/124134-ethernet-properties.html
Relevancy 30.96%

For few days I have been facing the Problem
System32 Properties

General
System32,
Type: Application
Origin : S-1-5-21-1482476501-1644491937-682003330-1013
Size: 0 Bytes
Deleted: Current date

Appears every time I startup my Notebook, Please help me to remove this Problem thanks..

A:System32 Properties

Hi and welcome, what program or application is telling you this.Let's also do an MBam scan.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (v1.32) and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2If you have a previous version of MBAM, remove it via Add/Remove Programs and download a fresh copy.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install. Alternatively, you can update through MBAM's interface from a clean computer, copy the definitions (rules.ref) located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from that system to a usb stick or CD and then copy it to the infected machine.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/209650/system32-properties/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi,

I am a new member. Now, I'm having some problem with my sony viao notebook. Everytime my notebook reboot, ise32 properties always pop up during startup. I did some searching on internet and found that it might be high risk virus. I've done step 1 in manual cure to remove this virus. And I need help to complete next two steps. Here is the attachment of report saved at 1st step. Please help me.

Thanks in advance

A:ise32 Properties

The process of cleaning your computer may require temporarily disabliling some security programs. If you are using SpyBot Search and Destroy, please refer to Note 2 at the bottom of this page.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note:-- If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. Note 2:-- MBAM may make changes to your registry as part of its disinfection routine. If you're using other security programs that detect registry changes (like Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere with the fix or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please disable such programs until disinfection is complete or permit them to allow the changes. To disable these programs, please view this topic: How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/194944/ise32-properties/
Relevancy 30.96%

One of my clients has LAN with 9 ethernet outbound connections for rental properties.
Having all sorts or problems - each rental has ethernet cable that it?s up to the client on their end what to connect to it.

I assume lot of networking conflicts there.

What would be the best way to approach this scenario?
Could the main the network router/switch remain same with configuring client?s routers on their end - put them on different subnets?

A:LAN - for 9 rental properties

joecool99 said:

I assume lot of networking conflicts there.Click to expand...

You mean with the renters daisy chaining routers with the same LAN subnet as used by your client's router? A practical solution to that is to use a "weird" LAN subnet that is very unlikely to be used by the renters--such as 192.168. 237.x or 10.20.30.x.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-for-9-rental-properties.1158883/
Relevancy 30.96%

Running Windows XP Pro, I've never logged in as 'Admin', in fact didn't know there was an Admin user. I was always logging in under my own name.

After a run in with a virus and booting in safe mode, I notice Admin user and tried to log in, but password is incorrect. I've never set password before for admin.....

Is this normal?

thanks

A:Admin Properties

Did you try just pressing enter with no password

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/admin-properties.557891/
Relevancy 30.96%

i have my speakers properties all messed up can anyone tell me under enhancements and advance what is the correct one to click?

A:speaker properties

to TSF,

See if any of these suggestions help your issue.

kind regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/speaker-properties-478839.html
Relevancy 30.96%

Dell XPS 410, Win XP Pro. I did a repair install. Every thing appear normal except: I can not change my desktop backgroungfrom bliss to anything. The Background, Browse, and Position buttons are very light gray, the color and customize desktop work ok. The background pictures titles look OK, but no response when I try to change. I checked GPEdit, everything is "not configured", I tried changing the prevent changing wallpaper setting but did work. Is there way that I can correct this problem without doing a complete reinstall of win XP?

Relevancy 30.96%

Winxp OS. When I right click on my desktop to go to properties, "NOTHING" happens. Why is this happeningandcanI fix this ?

Thank you

Relevancy 30.96%

I am only getting internet properties when I click on the internet!!! Please help!!!:)

A:Internet properties

What do you mean by Internet properties? What is the OS? What is the pc? Is it wired or wireless? Are you trying to get to the Internet? What browser are you using?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-properties-467967.html
Relevancy 30.96%

My question has to do with folder attributes.
Every folder on my computer is marked as "Read only". Is this normal? How do I change the attribute to read/write?

Relevancy 30.96%

My home pc is running slow and i wanted to do some poking around and I checked the folder properties for My Documents folder and it listed something like 3000 folders. However when I open it up there is roughly 20, at the most. Where are these other folders coming from? I do have show hidden folders. I also have a decent amount of mp3's, maybe a couple hundred folders there, but nothing in the 1000s range.
- How can i found out what all these folders are?
- Also can anyone recommend a do-it-yourself site/guide to tackle slow pc issues? I want to go thru my pc and delete all the unnecessary garbage that comes with it and what i don't need.

thanks.

Relevancy 30.96%

hello everyone!
i have the same problem here, after restart i get the same message: ise32 properties (a pop-up window) it say that this is the origin S-1-5-21-1482476501-1644491937-682003330-1013 !
anyone has resolve this problem before or it has no answer till now?
thanks in advance !

A:ise32 properties pop-up

Hello, please tell us if this is an XP or another Operating system.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/157221/ise32-properties-pop-up/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hello Due to a change in the wifi networks at my university properties Problem with EAP I found out there is something wrong with my wifi settings Previously we could connect to an unsecured network and log in through our browser now we have to connect to a Problem with EAP properties secured Problem with EAP properties network but we have to adjust our security setting for this network Apart from a very unclear how-to guide it turned out I cannot reach the properties I have to adjust The first step is to add the network manually in the wireless network management window and give it a WPA- enterprise security When it s created I have to go to the network properties open the security tab and open the settings for the network authentication method Here is where the problem pops up I get the following error message quot Windows has encountered an error saving the EAP properties Specific error the module could not be found quot I have tried to google this already and found a person who had the same message but there s no conclusion Some background info - Acer Aspire g laptop with windows vista sp about months old - I can connect to and use unsecured and normally secured wifi networks - Before this network change the secured network was already available but you had to use a securew program to use it This never worked as it crashed before it installed back then I just blamed Vista for it - One of the ICT guys told me there was something wrong with my windows and that I had to go back to a restore point to correct it This I tried but apparently I didn t have a restore point old enough - I thought about reinstalling windows but that brought a whole lot of other problems to the surface so I m trying to avoid that for now I hope someone here can help me as I don t even have a clue as to what EAP properties are any explanation would be welcome as I would like to learn about it as well Thanks in advance Marc nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-eap-properties.788172/
Relevancy 30.96%

I have a windows xp question regarding system properties. I am working on a new machine I built, it has windows xp home installed on it. It has a 2.66 P4 cpu, and 512 mb of ram installed in it. The question I have is under system properties on the general tab where at the bottum it lists the CPU speed and the amount of RAM in your machine. It says Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.66Ghz then right underneath it it says 2.00 Ghz and says 480 Mb or RAM below that. What does that mean? Does this mean it recognizes the 2.66 ghz cpu but is only running at 2 ghz? If anyone knows what this means I'd really appreciate a way to fix this. Thanks.

A:System Properties

Not real sure about Intel processors. I have not used on in years. But I would check to make sure it is not an issue with your Bios. You may need to upgrade your bios. I had a similar issue with my AMD cpu. It said unknown cpu in system properties. I would check your bios to see what it is posting it as.

I would then download Intel CpuID utilitiy and see what it says.

http://www.intel.com/support/processors/tools/frequencyid/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-properties.191035/
Relevancy 30.96%

Anyone no of a free programme where I can find out the Khz of a wav file?
I need the wav files to be 44KHz to upload to my server, but Im not sure how to convert them
thx...rob

Relevancy 30.96%

I have some video's that I want to put on DVD. The recorder that the tapes were created on were Nicam stero. The player I have to use to get them to my PC isn't. Will this mean that my Video's won't transfer as stereo?

Relevancy 30.96%

Windows Xp

To Use The Active Desktop Feature In Windows Xp I Usually:-

1. Go To Display Properties
2.click The Desktop Tab
3. Click Customise Desktop
4 Click The Web Tab

However The Web Tab Has Misteriously Disappeared And I Cannot Think Of Any Changes I Have Made To The System.

Any Ideas From Any Member Please

Flynne

A:Web Tab Display Properties

can be relared to spyware scan your system and check for that all system files are ok

do start run type SFC /scannow after do SFC /purgecache you most have the windows xp cd for this

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/web-tab-display-properties.257924/
Relevancy 30.96%

in sounds (in the control panel), in the events: area there is a program there with some sounds under it, the program is not on my computer anymore so i guess uninstalling didn't remove it. where in the registry are the listing of the things in the events area?

A:sound properties

Try Reg clean http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q147/7/69.asp?LN=EN-US&SD=gn&FR=0

------------------
Remember the light at the end of the tunnel just might be a train

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-properties.36629/
Relevancy 30.96%

Does anybody know of a program to change (expand) mouse properties past the windows own settings.
I just bought a new mouse that suits me great but there are no drivers for it so Windows have only normal controls for it. It has 6 buttons and resolution control but can't change settings or remap buttons. Tried controls for some other makes but they can't do the trick, need something pretty universal.
This is the mouse: Zelotes T-80 gamer gaming 3200 dpi 7D optikai eg?r - Vatera.hu

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/50688-mouse-properties.html
Relevancy 30.96%

the properties of all my mp3 files do not show up in the windows folder...it shows name and size, but other columns such as artist, duration are blank.

all programs (media players, tag changers) etc show details as normal except windows media player, for which I have to reenter all details manually for each file

If I open a file properties, summary shows only track number,title, comments,(all of these have no value , and I cannot enter one)channels, audio sample rate (which have values

A:mp3 properties in windows xp pro

Files that have DRM protection, like those downloaded from iTunes store, or other formats like MP4 will not allow you to change the tags.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mp3-properties-in-windows-xp-pro-690169.html
Relevancy 30.96%

I am using Windows 7 and have probs with laptop Toshiba and cursor jumping. A previous thread explains to go into the Mouse Props and reduce the sensitivity scale to 0. However there is no such tag or description as far as I can see in the M Props. What am I doing wrong I want to desensitise my mouse pad. I know that my keyboard is working properly and that an external mouse works ok. This is what I am now using but it is inconvenient. Thanks in anticip....ation.

A:Mouse Properties

To help us help you,please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread. You can then update your Computer Spec Profile with this info.
Also, if its a brand name system like an Acer,Dell or HP, please post the exact model of the system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-properties.1082699/
Relevancy 30.96%

Recently I worked on an XP machine that only had SP1 and a big spyware problem. I ran Ad-aware, hijackthis! and all the normal stuff to get rid of this. I cleaned up the spyware, but it disabled the control panel, task manager, regedit, and properties in IE. I managed to fix all of them except I don't know how to re-enable the properties for IE (the customer claims that it won't show properties for anything). Does anyone know of a reg key that disables/enables this? When you click to show IE properties, it doesn't do anything at all.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-open-properties-in-ie-6.645246/
Relevancy 30.96%

Greetings All!!
Ok, although I don't consider myself a noob at this, I'm stumped. I have various files (various extensions) mostly for games that I can't alter, input any info on the properties tab of said file. It's essential that I have a way to organize these files as these folders can sometimes hold hundred of files from literally dozens of sources. On my XP machine, i just rightclick on the file and under summary tab, enter a title or author. I refuse to believe that I can't do this in Win 7.
Please help!

Thanks,

A:File Properties

Try this:

http://www.muvenum.com/downloads/fre...tags-setup.exe

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/37340-file-properties.html
Relevancy 30.96%

Hey anyone knows how to set this to "General tab ? (Default Tab)" I want to check on the disk space and now it gave me a sharing tab as default ...(General Tab)

A:Properties Setting

That picture isn't showing up, see this tutorial for posting screenshots,
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...ums.html?ltr=H

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/82016-properties-setting.html
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi a short while ago I had to replace my graphics card GT Can't display get into properties and ended up replacing it with an MSI HD my problem is now that the card is in and working if I right click on the desktop and choose properties the display options screen doesn t open I can t get into it through Control Panel either I thought it was maybe off screen if the desktop was extended but it doesn t appear in task manager either There is a slight problem with drivers atm but not sure if it is connected when I boot into XP I get a dialogue box saying quot fail to load nvcpl dll quot as a result I have run driver sweeper in safe mode to remove nvidia display drivers and reinstalled the ATI ones Can't get into display properties - no change I have tried uninstalling the ATI Catalyst software as I thought that may be getting in the road somehow but no change The most annoying thing is that I normally don t have a screensaver on as I don t leave my monitor on when I m not using it but had for a particular night set a screensaver to whatever the lowest time interval is so now I can t change that if anyone has any suggestions I will be all ears edit just noticed if I have no browser windows open then for a split second I can see part of a window open when I try to get into display properties then it vanishes nbsp

A:Can't get into display properties

That appears to a driver install issue. That could be caused by a defect in the drive itself.
Have you tried going into the Device Manager and removing or disabling what you have, then rebooting and trying a new install... or going back to the previous driver on their website?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-into-display-properties.136101/
Relevancy 30.96%

I have just started to color manage my work flow. I scanned some images with no color management as .bmp files, then applied my scanner profile and converted to my workspace, adobe RGB. and saved as .Tiff. No problems so far. As these are very old family photos of relatives I cant readily identify, I decided to go into the Summary page under properties and add a description of who they are. When I attempt to do this, Tiff file/Properties/summary/write info/apply, I get a screen changes to file may not be applied, file may be marked as read only or in use by another application. The read only box on the general page is unchecked? and I have no other application running when I attempt this? This is most frustrating and I would appreciate any help anyone can give. Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/properties-summary.293434/
Relevancy 30.96%

Guys and Gals,

I have no idea how, but I cannot access my folder properties if I either left click and hit properties or use the File / Properties option. This is a new one.

Does anyone know if there is an enable / disable for viewing the folder properties?

If you need more info, let me know.
Thanks !!

A:Cannot get folder properties at ALL

Which OS you're using would help. My first guess would be to reapply the latest service pack. Also, I would check the logs to see if something happened (software installed, security patch installed, etc.) that coincides with when this started happening. As far as I know, there is not a setting in the registry that hides properties from users. I believe that if your account is denied rights to read a file or folder, then you should get a pop-up window that states "Access Denied" when you try to display the properties.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-get-folder-properties-at-all.80986/
Relevancy 30.96%

hi,
can i know how to modify the data and time stamp of a file in windows?
thanks

A:file properties

Not sure you can do that manually. Why do you want to try?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/file-properties.175241/
Relevancy 30.96%

When I give a right-click on my folder nothing happens. Drives and files property are working correct.

Relevancy 30.96%

i am missing te display tab and the web tab in my display properties when i right click on my blank desktop. i've posted this problem with no real help.

Relevancy 30.96%

Good Morning I am having a problem displaying my display properties I have tried to get at them through the control panel and by right clicking on the desktop The first time I try there is a pause and occasionally I see a flash of the window and then nothing I can t change my screensaver resolution etc without this Here is my HJT file Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system Display Properties lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Display Properties Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS System tcpsvcs exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files Google Google Updater GoogleUpdater exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www cfc forces gc ca spotnews e html O - BHO SnagIt Toolbar Loader - C D-C - C - -FCE AD C - C Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagItBHO dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar SnagIt - FF E -ABDE- EB-B E-D AAB CABE - C Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagItIEAddin dll O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS System NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run WMPNSCFG C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe O - HKCU Run NVIEW rundll exe nview dll nViewLoadHook O - Global Startup Google Updater lnk C Program Files Google Google Updater GoogleUpdater exe O - Global Startup HP Digital Imaging Monitor lnk C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Pr... Read more

A:Display Properties

You may want to try this. Click start \ Run and type in: sfc /scannow This will search your system and replace any damaged protected files. You may need your Windows XP CD in this process.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-properties.593161/
Relevancy 30.96%

I can't access drive or folder properties in My Comp. When right click, then Properties - nothing happens! not even a flicker. Why is this? Is it permissions? I am logged on as Admin'r. Have searched everywhere for explanation or fix. Can someone help?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-access-properties-in-2k-sp3.16146/
Relevancy 30.96%

I clicked on display-properties-settings and switched from plug and play to default. I also checked the box that says use this device as the primary monitor and then clicked on apply and now its black , i can see the start button on bottom of screen and rebooted three times, i disconnected the monitor cable and tried to connect to different output on video cards no luck, i have no use of the mouse now after second reboot and cant get to system restore to back up a day and erase this foolish error. I hope someone has an idea of what i should try next,,my system has dual video cards and is only a month old i was just fooling around like an idiot and now im stuck>>.?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-see-display-properties.510173/
Relevancy 30.96%

I don't have a stereo out or "what you hear" option on my recording properties. I'm pretty sure I use to,but now I can't play music in audio chat.Any help? Thanks

Relevancy 30.96%

I have two problems:

1) On my desktop, after right clicking mouse it does not open menu option.

2) Upon selecting ctrl + alt + del keys does nothing.
thanks in advance,

Relevancy 30.96%

i just reinstalled winxp pro and i cannot get it 2 let me change the screen resolution settings it is staying at 16 bit,,what do i need to do,,also it did not reload a lot of my drivers??

Relevancy 30.96%

I would like to change the background on my desktop. A long time ago I was able to do this. Now I can't. When i open the display box and try to click on a back ground option or browse it won't let me. The box with all of the options in it is grayed out. I used to be able to go online and set the picture I wanted as my background but now it won't even do that. Could my digital camera software be causing this problem. it is a Kodak Easy share. If it isn't what could the problem be? I have already checked to make sure that I have administrative care. Please help, I get tired of looking at a solid background.

A:My display properties

Welcome to TSG ...

Have a look at Post #6
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/423957-cannot-change-desktop-wallpaper.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-display-properties.616289/
Relevancy 30.96%

i am a pc tech for local computer shop, and have seen something i thought initially was a fluke but am wondering otherwise now. 2 machine have come in that requires the full url to be typed in a browser page(not just ie all browsers tested -opera and firefox) along with msn. i could not successfully open a webpage with just part of url like (yahoo.com) or even (www.yahoo.com) it had to be all (http://www.yahoo.com) -has anyone encountered this before? i am currently checking the 2 machines for similarities, but have yet come up with a common bond besides obvious OS and neccessary software. any help is appreciated. thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virus-like-properties.300003/