Windows Support Forum

W7 not reconnecting after disconnect

Q: W7 not reconnecting after disconnect

If I power-up my ADSL modem after W7 has already loaded (or disconnect the modem for a while and then reconnect) W7 never gets me connected, giving me the 'Network ? No Internet Access' message. So I have to restart the PC (with the modem already on) in order to get a connection. Connection is always found on start-up if the modem is already on. I had the same problem with Vista. It's a wired connected. I've already turned off 'allow the computer to turn off this device' in the power settings for the ethernet controller.
It?s not a modem issue since I have another PC running XP connected to another port on the modem which always reconnects.
I'm using 7100. Asus P5ke board.
Thanks for any help.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: W7 not reconnecting after disconnect

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: W7 not reconnecting after disconnect

Quote: Originally Posted by BeachNut

If I power-up my ADSL modem after W7 has already loaded (or disconnect the modem for a while and then reconnect) W7 never gets me connected, giving me the 'Network ? No Internet Access' message. So I have to restart the PC (with the modem already on) in order to get a connection. Connection is always found on start-up if the modem is already on. I had the same problem with Vista. It's a wired connected. I've already turned off 'allow the computer to turn off this device' in the power settings for the ethernet controller.
It?s not a modem issue since I have another PC running XP connected to another port on the modem which always reconnects.
I'm using 7100. Asus P5ke board.
Thanks for any help.

It would help you to understand what is happening to do some research on DHCP and IP address assignment.

A home network works in a similar way to the WWW. You turn your computer on but before it can access the Internet, it needs an address assignment. Your computer is connected to the ADSL modem, it is the modem that sends a "Handshake Request" to your Service Provider. When received and recognized, the Service Provider sends back an address assignment of 12 numbers like 304.567.200.117. With this address assignment, your computer can now surf the Internet.

If you turn the computer on first, then later turn the ADSL modem on, the computer will never be able to connect. The computer must be turned on after the modem has been connected to the Service Provider in order for the "Handshake" to work correctly.

A home network (any network for that matter) works in a miniature way. A router can manage 255 addresses and uses select addresses reserved for networks and so are never assigned to websites. A common network address is 192.168.0.1. The router takes the place of your computer, the ADSL modem gives the Service Provider's address to the router. You turn your computer on and it sends its "Handshake Request" to the router. When received and recognized, it returns an address assignment (192.168.0.101) to your computer and you can now surf the Internet. Each computer in the home network gets a different address assignment (192.168.0.102 etc) which allows the router to keep tract of what data goes where.

For everything to connect properly, the ADSL modem must be turned on first, then the router, and last the computer. That's how it works.

Robert

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/20946-w7-not-reconnecting-after-disconnect.html
Relevancy 39.99%

First of all, sorry for my bad english.
My pc was working perfectly for about a year now, but these days it started having problems.
In the past few weeks it started disconnecting from the internet with the message: you don't have a valid
ip configuration. (It was working on the other pc connected to the router with lan, and on the notebook connected through wifi)
A reboot of the pc/router did always solve my problem in these situations.
Yesterday, my internet connection started connecting/reconnecting, and I couldn't solve it in any way, not with
a restart, and not with that network repair tool (idk it's name, I have hungarian windows). When it stayed connected for more then 2 seconds I was even able to load google, youtube, other sites,
I tried some solutions, like disabling the energy saver settings, setting it to 10mb half duplex, etc, but nothing worked, my
internet kept connecting/reconnecting.
Today I started my pc and it works perfectly.. Any ideas on how to solve it? I have the newest lan driver.

My mobo is Asrock 960gm-vgs3 fx.

A:Network keeps reconnecting

It appears that you manually configured the IP for at least one system.
DON'T do that - - make sure all systems use DHCP

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-keeps-reconnecting.216254/
Relevancy 32.68%

So I have windows 7 installed on my pc ..... I cant hear any sound from my headphones or speakers whether plugged into the front or rear panel. and also windows shows that there are headphones plugged into the front panel. maybe that's the reason I cant hear any sound....but I tried all possible ways....also disconnected the front panel from the motherboard but still it says its connected.

A:Front audio jack panel wont disconnect in any way

Have you checked out the Sound section in Control Panel. Also check Device Manager.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/front-audio-jack-panel-wont-disconnect-in-any-way.202869/
Relevancy 29.24%

HDD 1 tb Seagate hardisk not working,is not visible in the laptop, can b seen in device manager for 1min then gets disconnected automatically and the light on the hard disk starts blinking

A:HDD hardisk not working,not visible in the laptop,visible in device manager for 1min then disconnect

If the system worked before with this drive, I would say the drive is bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-hardisk-not-working-not-visible-in-the-laptop-visible-in-device-manager-for-1min-then-disconnect.198749/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi all mrs got a toshiba satelite and on wireless and even through ethernet we keep getting message when trying to connect to the internet saying re dialling or re connecting what could be the cause of this . is it something like wireless card faulty or network connections all gone wrong i dont want to fiddle with it till i get some advice please thanks all

A:Toshiba Satellite keeps saying reconnecting/dialling when I try to go online

Could be anything... model, age, setup, operating system... need for a re-installed or upgraded driver, hard drive failing, defective component... defective wireless modem... wireless device that is too close to a wall or other interference...
First, you might try downloading and re-installing the drivers... then try installing another hard drive, if you have one handy... That will be one way to test your current installation...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-keeps-saying-reconnecting-dialling-when-i-try-to-go-online.177128/
Relevancy 39.13%

I have a rather old Linksys WUSB11 Wireless-B USB adapter that worked fine with my old D-Link DSL-2640T Wireless G router. However when I changed to D-Link DIR-615 router, problem arises. My USB adapter keeps disconnecting for a few minutes and reconnects to the router. Signal strength was averagely 3 bars that time. It was used on Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit.

Any idea on why is this happening? Thanks in advance.

A:Wireless USB adapter keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

hi

USB is notorious for being flaky and i would and have always advised against using it, however you could try changing the channel on your router to another number this may fix the issue for you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-usb-adapter-keeps-disconnecting-and-reconnecting.165868/
Relevancy 33.97%

How would you go about disconnecting a PS3 from accessing the web through the router? In other words I may have to remove my sons ability to go online through his PS#. Will changing the password for the router do it or is there a way to do it through my network. I have checked it and don't see his PS# listed any where.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disconnect-ps3-from-internet.151351/
Relevancy 39.56%

Last night I bought Mass Effect on steam This Internet disconnecting/reconnecting morning it was at Well I got annoyed at the slow download speed I was getting in steam so I decided to set the Internet disconnecting/reconnecting bandwidth settings from Mbps to Internet disconnecting/reconnecting because recently I upgraded from a to service to a Mbps service Well it actually worked I started getting download speeds anywhere from kbps to mbps But as soon as these great download speeds started my internet would disappear after anywhere from min to mins I ve never had this problem since I got this router or my new internet with their cable modem And there is no connection even to the modem so I m pretty sure it s not the router And when I normally use the internet my activity light on my modem is blinking but when I turn on my steam download it is solid So I m wondering if it has anything to do with the good download speed I m getting Does the ISP see that I m using a lot of bandwidth and shut me down Edit ok I started steam and as soon as I did the activity light went solid again- I paused the download and it went back to blinking So I went into AvP classic - which just got updated recently for multiplayer and I as soon as I started looking for a mp game to play the activity light went solid again and after playing for a couple mins I got disconnected the scoreboard still showed people but there wasn t anyone but I didn t get actually cut off I was still in game Edit If I use a speed test while it s doing the actual download or upload test the activity light stays solid but as soon as it finishes it goes back to blinking I don t understand it and I don t understand why it would happen now I haven t changed anything else edit yes another edit well this time I disconnected my router- plugged the modem directly to my laptop It did the same exact thing So it s not the router nbsp

A:Internet disconnecting/reconnecting

Check with your internet provider.....some restrict usage during peak times no matter the bandwidth you are paying to use.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-disconnecting-reconnecting.142199/
Relevancy 39.13%

can anyone help me here pls

In noticed that when i plug my ethernet cord in the LAN ethernet intergrated port my local area connection 2 keeps connecting and disconnecting. It tries to connect for about 12sec then it tries to reconnect for about 5-6sec, and this keeps doing that same process over and over. I have noticed in the back the amber light blinks every 3sec and the green light is solid. Do you think the port is about the fail or can i have any suggestion? I also reset the modem and disconnect the cable and put plug them back in.

A:Lan connection problem disconnection and reconnecting

you say its connection 2 do you have another nic also what is the end result after waiting to connect (limited or no connectivity or media disconnected or what)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lan-connection-problem-disconnection-and-reconnecting.134395/
Relevancy 33.11%

I have a linksys wrk54g wireless router connected to my cable modem. Off the router runs my desktop, roomates wireless laptop, my wired xbox360 and my roomates wireless ps3.

My problem is that when i play online games on my desktop, i momentarily get disconnected from the internet....for a couple seconds and drop the game I'm in whenever either the xbox or ps3 are turned on. I also get disconnected from other online programs such as aim/xfire but thats not as bad cuz i just log back in right away. It is pretty annoying and i believe it is a problem with my router somehow?

I am semi competent at computers and setup the network myself. Please if any1 has ideas or has heard of this problem before id appreciate it.

A:Network disconnect when I connect w/ a new device. Plz Help

sounds like you have a duplicate IP address on one the the boxes

get a connection and make sure you can browse the Internet using google
and search for anything you like (we'll use this as a test)

Connect a device and make the browser search again (even on the same words).
If you get disconnected, then the last device connected has the conflict.

Go to that device and REMOVE any static IP address and make sure you have
Automatic DHCP for the IP and DNS addresses on that device.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-disconnect-when-i-connect-w-a-new-device-plz-help.123941/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi all I have been out intermittent Strange partial disconnect/time issue having a strange problem with my computer usually only when I first start up connect but sometimes intermittently I have this wierd ping time out error For example I am connected in an IRC server a Ventrilo server voice chat and a game server World of Warcraft Diablo II etc Suddenly I will get disconnected from Vent and be unable to browse webpages but still in IRC or the games So using TCP Optimizer I run the largest MTU utility and Strange intermittent partial disconnect/time out issue my connection is fine on the byte packet but not the byte packet In a few minutes this condition seems to just go Strange intermittent partial disconnect/time out issue away by itself In fact just now I Strange intermittent partial disconnect/time out issue ran the test and timed out on the but I was still connected in Vent I ran the test again and it went through it usually takes more like tries or several minutes of downtime Tapping my computers wireless button on and off seems to stabilize my connection but I don t want to disconnect from everything else I am already connected to every time I get on my laptop How do I go about diagnosing this issue I m not sure where to look In the event log nothing shows up except this error once in a while Event Type Warning Event Source BROWSER Event Category None Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer B K Description The browser was unable to retrieve a list of servers from the browser master KATHY on the network Device NetBT Tcpip D- - CD - C -A C E The data is the error code Not sure if these are even related just thought they might help Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Strange intermittent partial disconnect/time out issue

no, that event has nothing to do with connectivity beyond your router --
Browser events are localized to your LAN devices only.

It's far more likely that your Modem, Router and/or network adapters need firmware or
diver updates.

Personally, I disdain large MTUs and the use of TCP Optimizer.
On the MTUs, the network path between you and any given server will adapt to the
COMMON mtu to avoid fragmentation anyway.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-intermittent-partial-disconnect-time-out-issue.126540/
Relevancy 33.54%

I'm not sure what information to provide to help me figure out this problem, as I know very little about networking.

I am not on wireless, I am hardwired directly to my dsl modem. I have worked with my ISP to see if it is a problem on their end, and they say it is not. I can also see the lights on my modem and it is indicating I am connected to the internet.

But about once a day, I get disconnected. Rebooting my computer usually helps. My system is on Vista Home Premium.

Basic specs http://www.trustedreviews.com/pcs/review/2008/06/09/Dell-XPS-630-Gaming-PC/p6

Thank you in advance for any troubleshooting tips you can help me with.

A:Random Internet Disconnect

Lets rule out Malware. Even if you have none (likely you do) the logs will tel us some about your system. Attach all logs!

Do the TechSpot 8 steps: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html

Skip no steps (do not install another virus scanner if you already have one, ask me before installing a Firewall).
avg

Most importantly update MalwareBytes (MBAM) and SuperAntiSpyware (SAS)!

Before you scan with either MalwareBytes or SuperAntiSpyWare do the Extra Configs below these have become most important lately

SuperAntispyware extra config

After installed double-click the icon on your desktop to run it.

Update the program definitions.

Click the Preferences button.

Then Scanning Control.

In Scanner Options make sure all boxes are checked except #3 Ignore System Restore.. are checked:

MalwareBytes extra config

After update but before running
Click settings and confirm all are Checked.

I repeat Update these 2 programs.

Run them and attach their logs.

Mike

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-internet-disconnect.125575/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi!

I'd like to know if it is safe to connect and disconnect a laptop battery while the AC power cord is connected and the computer is on?

Thanks

A:Disconnect battery without shutting off computer

its never done me any harm, i regularly swap batteries around on my laptops.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disconnect-battery-without-shutting-off-computer.124425/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi, can someone give me some advice? I have an LG Flatron L1910BA monitor a few years old. worked perfectly fine. connected it to my ancient Toshiba Satellite and enjoyed the big screen display. worked fine. then when i reconnect it back to the original CPU (Korean TG Dreamsys) the display is completey horrid. all the text is absolutley tiny (maybe 2 point font - or less!), the icons are distorted in size but semi-coherent. What can I do? when i go into windows xp safe mode the display is the same. i have the original monitor drivers but i can't read the control panel as the windows that pop up are about 1" x 1" in size. It's really insane. and I don't know what to do or even where to begin. Thanks for any help that you give!

A:display problems after reconnecting LG monitor from notebook to original CPU

There was a driver (or other install software) for the LG Flatron L1910BA that came on disc with the monitor. It is probably downloadable from LG. If not, we have two.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/display-problems-after-reconnecting-lg-monitor-from-notebook-to-original-cpu.86730/
Relevancy 38.7%

I have an XP Laptop that is used to record video for our high school football team. When we are donw using the video on the laptop we store it on a TerraStation 2TB server in the office. It is always on and connected to a hub that the laptop is hooked to when on.

My problem is this.... when the laptop is turned on, the network drive I set up shows "disconnected", and consequently, the application for transferring the video to the server doesn't show the network drive to select... after I click on the network drive in "my computer", the application will then see the network drive.

My question is how to make this automatically connect when the computer boots. I set it up to "reconnect at logon", but it does not without me opening the drive 1st...

Thanks for your help in advance!

Rick

A:Networked Drive not Auto reconnecting ay logon

Reconnect at Logon not working

Me, too; I have XP Pro SP2 with automatic updates on 5 systems, and just this one fails: after most reboots, if I launch an application that was last working on a file in the mapped network drive, it comes up "unavailable" or "file not found" unless I visit Windows Explorer first.

I even tried putting batch files with shortcuts "n:\dummy.txt" and "m:\dummy.txt" in my Startup group, to force references to my M: and N: drives, and that isn't even enough!

No domains, just workgroup peer networking here. Like I say, works on all my other systems, has for years, just my latest Gateway Profile 6 acts different.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/networked-drive-not-auto-reconnecting-ay-logon.86270/
Relevancy 38.7%

My son was recently given a three year old laotop computer. It was originally connected to a DSL connection and I use a Cable connection. It has a built in wireless 802.11g card and a 10/100 interface. I configured it to connect wirelessly to my wireless router. The connection is established and DHCP assigns it a network address. Every 20-30 seconds it drops the connection and imediately reacqires a new connection. I disabled the wireless card and enabled the 10/100 LAN connection. Same thing. The router makes the connection, asigns a valid IP address, drops it, and imediately reastablishes the connection. The TCP/IP stack looks good. The link speed is right. Could it be conflict with some pre existing software? Maybe the old DSL software ot some instant messaging program. I loaded new antivirus software and ran a complete sucessful scan. Any thoughts what it could be?

A:Laptop Network Connection Dropping and Reconnecting

"Drops the connection" means what?

Do you use any software firewalls? VPN software? Packet sniffers?

Try updating the router firmware..

What is the DHCP lease time on the router?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-network-connection-dropping-and-reconnecting.64410/
Relevancy 27.09%

Like the title says - I have a "PPPoE: PPPoE line Disconnect Receive error: ... TAG" PADT D-Link DI-604 D-Link DI- router - Have been using it for over a year with only periodic disconnects still pain in the a S but tolerable - As of months ago it started with a daily connection drop - Reason for disconnect as D-Link DI-604 error: "PPPoE: Receive PADT TAG" ... Disconnect PPPoE line per Log quot PPPoE Receive PADT TAG quot quot Disconnect PPPoE line quot - Situation became gradually more and more frequent to the point where it would not even establish connection - The Log would read as above quot PPPoE Receive PADT TAG quot quot Disconnect PPPoE line quot followed by quot PPPoE try to re-connect automatically quot followed by quot PPPoE Receive PADT TAG quot etc in a vicious never ending loop - D-Link just replaced the unit with a later version of the model revision E original was revision A - New unit performs the same no change still will not connect - ISP is SYMPATICO and I have no issues with the SpeedStream DSL modem on its own Can someone suggest what I should do Has anyone encountered the same problem and or found a fix nbsp

A:D-Link DI-604 error: "PPPoE: Receive PADT TAG" ... Disconnect PPPoE line

Have you tried contactin your ISP to see if they are experiencing problems? They might be able to shed some more light on your siutation and work you through it. I'm sure they get these sorts of issues daily. Not that we can't help, but it might be easier from them

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/d-link-di-604-error-pppoe-receive-padt-tag-disconnect-pppoe-line.25712/
Relevancy 38.7%

My wireless connection seems to randomly disconnect, and then imediatly reconnect, dont have any frequency interference that i know of, any idea what would cause this?

i have client lease time set to a long time, so its not that.

A:wireless connection randomly disconnecting/reconnecting

I'm having the same exact issue, no idea what could be causing it right now though. I've tried so many things.

First however you could narrow it down: try running a wired connection briefly and see if the connection still gets interrupted.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-connection-randomly-disconnecting-reconnecting.41152/
Relevancy 33.11%

I had a new desktop computer built and bought a new laptop.I had a working network before the changes so I know the location of my new laptop is appropriate.
My desktop works fine and my laptop works great on my neighbors network.Alas,the message I get is my"Marvel yukon network cable is disconnected",an impossibility.I have restored my Datalink 614+ to factory specs-no help there.
Any suggestions on what to do?

A:network cable disconnect problem.

I bet that "Marvel" thing is an El Cheapo (TM) gigabit interface..

Try setting the link speed in Device Manager for your network interface. Try forcing it to 10Mbit half duplex for starters and then work your way up from there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-cable-disconnect-problem.34515/
Relevancy 32.68%

hey -- are there any free isp's out there that i could use temporarily in order to rule out whether my dialup disconnect problem is related to my current isp?
thanks!

A:Looking for temporary isp to rule out current isp in dialup disconnect problem

It would help if you at least told us in which country you live...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-temporary-isp-to-rule-out-current-isp-in-dialup-disconnect-problem.20911/
Relevancy 33.11%

hi friends
i hav 56k dail up connection connection .when i try o connect it connect at very good speed around 52000bytes but after sometimes it dissconnect ............. i tried same connection with other computer but it runs well so must me problem wid my computer ...plz help
thanks
cheers
Raj

A:Frequent disconnect of 56k dail up internet

Have you disabled the "auto disconnect" function in the Dial-Up Properties?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/frequent-disconnect-of-56k-dail-up-internet.4684/
Relevancy 33.11%

I'm having an infuriating problem. My mouse/keyboard keeps losing focus, I have used gamebooster to terminate everything yet it still happens. My internet keeps disconnecting as well (but I don't know if this is related or not).

I don't know what to do, I even formatted and reinstalled windows (7 and 8) but the problem remains.

Any ideas?

System Specs

edit: It keeps pausing minecraft

A:Losing focus/hardware disconnect

You did not identify the mouse attachment {bluetooth, USB} - -

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/losing-focus-hardware-disconnect.204088/
Relevancy 33.54%

I previously had SBC DSL, and for about two months now have been with Time Warner cable. Ever since the switch in providers, AIM randomly disconnects and then reconnects again. Never happened with DSL. Here is the info:

- Happens several times an hour, each hour.
- Re-installing AIM did nothing.
- I am on a network with two computers, and two lab tops.
- The computers are hard-wired together for connectivity, while the lab tops are wireless.
- The router is a Linksys WRT100 Rangeplus Router.

Any ideas\suggestions?

A:Random AIM disconnect\reconnects

Use another IM for AOL like GAIM or PIDGIN these are freeware programs and don't hose the system like AOL does.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-aim-disconnect-reconnects.105265/
Relevancy 39.99%

Disconnecting and reconnecting (not the modem.. its the software)

My computer had a virus, and i was tryin to get rid of it.. kind of a long story. I had a process called services.exe from win.ini C:\windows\inet10009\services.exe. It showed up as a 'F1' in hijackthis. But i got rid of that with Win Tasks pro, well i think I did. Now the problem is .. i dton know if its with the whole connection or aim itself, but it keeps on disconnecting and reconnecting. I reinstalled the software and everything. It is still doing the same thing.. is there a way i can find out if its just aim or all my programs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disconnecting-and-reconnecting.39912/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hello all I have a client that works on a R terminal server Yesterday the office lost internet connectivity which dropped everyone from the TS connection open disconnect will after not Explorer Internet When one user logged back in she was unable to open any browser The includes Internet Explorer and Google Chrome Internet Explorer will open a process but a window will never appear and it does not show in running applications She seems to be the only user affected Logging off of the server and back on has no effect Internet Explorer version is I Internet Explorer will not open after disconnect tried to run the iediag but it seems to just keep running and have not really do anything I ran Internet Explorer will not open after disconnect ran an SFC scannow on the server and it gave no errors Since this is a virtual server we have it set to reboot every night and the reboot seems to fix her issue The problem seems to happen to her every time there is an internet loss Any advice on a solution

A:Internet Explorer will not open after disconnect

Hi
Let her perform a remote from other device, reproduce the issue. This can help us to find out which part is wrong. If the issue still persists on other machine, try clear her cached user profile from the terminal server, then log in and check again. Normally
this issue could be caused by add-ons or widget such as flash components called by browser process. If it is no responding, the process might wait forever. These application data might store in user profile appdata. 
That?s might also why only one user affected.
Regards,
D. WuPlease remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact [email protected]

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/770b9ff3-eb50-451b-9e1b-3bf222822491/internet-explorer-will-not-open-after-disconnect?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 33.54%

I would be grateful to receive feedback from any of the Forum Members who have some knowledge of disconnect.me

https://disconnect.me/

Thanks

T.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disconnect-me-feedback-request.1153013/
Relevancy 29.24%

I have a user with a DA-connected laptop. Now, I want to disable all access on the computer for this user, I can do so by just disabling the computer and user account in AD, however since the user is already logged on to the computer they will still have
access to all cached e-mails and offline-enabled files. So how do I force a logoff/shutdown of the DA client? I cant use any management programs or cmd -> shutdown since these won't traverse through the DA tunnel.
So, what's the solution here?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4626c54c-c2b3-45b8-b010-6f496750d7b8/need-to-disconnect-and-disable-access-for-a-user-connected-through-direct-access?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi, so basicaly my problem is stated in the title, I've tried everything, disabled the auto channel on router and fixed it on 3-7, checked powersaving and checked wifi card to be used at max performance even on battery, i even enabled ECN and congestion control in win7 and used Wi-fi Optimizer and i still couldn't pin point the issue.
According to it the signal is "Excelent" yet when i need it to be stable it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting automatically almost with a pace, i can't tell what may be causing this, i also disabled bluetooth.

Edit: I live in the outskirts and I used Xirrus Wi-fi Inspector to see if there are any other connections that could jam or overlap and mine is the only one, so it's not that.

A:Wifi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting automaticaly

[guess]
Have you checked power and heat? If it is dropping under load it could be either one.

Dick

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586197/wifi-keeps-disconnecting-and-reconnecting-automaticaly/
Relevancy 33.97%

been having this problem for months don't know what caused it World of Tanks tech's could not figure it out this only happens on their sever the game takes excessive time to log in the game freezes at the end of battle for about a minute screen and then unfreezes in fast foreword for a second and and for about another minute game stays in motion and then disconnects from server Has something to do with what their sever does at end of battle when credit are shown I never see credits - Battle results at end of battle Its not my ISP Have tried running the game on two different ISP's with this computer game runs fine on other computers use to run fine on this one for month's its not my anti virus software I have tried running the game with out it and there was no changes I am at an end of ideas of how to fix this does any one know what could be causing this Im running windows bit - and all the diagnostics that I have run say every thing is running right

A:Disconnect from server

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Go online and use Speed Test to see what you download speed is and post the results in your topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/581719/disconnect-from-server/
Relevancy 33.54%

OS Windows 7 SP-1 IE 11 Desk top Ethernet connection.I have a recurring problem that I cannot resolve. Turning on the computer andconnecting to the internet executes with no problems. However, when "clicking"on a news article that is of interest the computer freezes, mouse pointer doesnot work, I "left-click" and then it suddenly disconnects from the internet andafter about 5 seconds it reconnects.This only happens once a day and usually occurs sometime after initiallyconnecting to the internet. Very strange.I've checked Device Manager to ensure the latest Drivers are installed.ipconfig /flushdnsRan malware scanChecked this and other forums for possible cause and solution. Negative results.This is annoying as it happens only once a day, as stated earlier, not reallydevastating as I can live with it. But it irks me and I would like to know thecause and cure.Mika

A:Sudden Disconnect then reconnect

What browser are you using?

Does this occur with other browsers?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/577578/sudden-disconnect-then-reconnect/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi,it's not typical problem. Let me explain. It's my specification: Mainboard: Ga-m720-us3Power supply: Fortron Hexa 400 WRam: 2 GB Good RamGPU: HD 3650 512 RamCPU: Phenom II black editionWindows 7 UltimateIf I disconnect power in computer (even it is running or not) I can't run it again. It is possible only when I run my computer about 5-10-30 times. Until Windows start I can't even run Windows from DVD/CD, I got black screen after "Windows files are loading" progress bar. When I finally run Windows, it check and repair errors on HDD. Smart of HDD has no errors.What is the best? I can normally use Linux (Ubuntu) without any problem to start it Tell me where is logic and how can I fix it?In my opinion it's mainboard problem, but why Linux run good and Windows no?

A:Windows doesn't start after disconnect power

Each O/S is on a separate partition.

That means that one partition may have bad clusters or some other hard problem...while the other does not.

The boot files for each O/S are also different, so a problem booting one does not equate to a problem booting the other, IMO.

Beyond that, I can't generalize.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559354/windows-doesnt-start-after-disconnect-power/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi
I've noticed over the last week my computer and my laptop are both having the device connect/disconnect sounds playing frequently and randomly. About once every 2-10 minutes, I'd say. I found that when I unplugged my modem, it stopped. How can I fix this annoying issue? Is someone trying to hack me?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/450793/windows-device-connectdisconnect-sounds-keep-playing/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello all I'm currently messing around with an Wireless and disconnecting repeatedly Card reconnecting old desktop computer Windows XP with a view to possibly upgrading the overall system and finding a use for it however I've come across an issue I can't get my head around The computer connects to the internet wirelessly however for some unknown reason it keeps disconnecting then reconnecting sporadically but typically every couple of minutes I'm not sure if this is an issue with the wireless card as other devices mobile phones tablets and laptops have no problems connecting wirelessly and don't disconnect reconnect in this way Wireless Card repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting All the drivers are up to date and having had a quick search round the web no real fix has been provided Just curious to know if this machine or wireless card has seen better days and or if there's something I could do to fix it before purchasing more RAM media card OS system et al Sure I'll probably need to provide more info so just let me know and I'll get it for you as requested Thanks in advance for reading and for any all responses

A:Wireless Card repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting

What XP SP do you have. It is SP3?

What is the make and model of the desktop or MB if a custom build. How much Ram do you currently have installed? Is your XP at SP3? You can check this kb article.

Right click the wireless adapter in Device Manager. Select Properties and under the Details tab select Hardware IDs in the dropdown box. Copy and post the first line.

If the desktop is using a Wireless Card you could try a USB wireless adapter like this for your desktop if your computer supports USB 2.0. I would look at replacing the Wireless card first before updating anything else. That would be the cheapest route.

If you plan on upgrading the system you could look at a linux distro like Ubuntu or Linux Mint. Running a Live CD, you may find there is no Wireless problem. You would need 1GB or RAM to run comfortably though.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/567414/wireless-card-repeatedly-disconnecting-and-reconnecting/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi there.  I have a simple 3-computer network setup in my home.  All 3 are XP Pro.  I have the "\All Users\Documents\" folders as the shared, mapped drive folders. Everything works great until I reboot.  They become disconnected.  I fixed it for one computer with a run command, but now I can't find it again on the web for the other two computers.  Anyone know this command?
Thanks!

A:Network drives not reconnecting at startup.

Hi There.!
Try this...
Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type cmd.
Type net use x: \\computer name\share name, where x: is the drive letter you want to assign to the shared resource.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/489729/network-drives-not-reconnecting-at-startup/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello,

I found some malware on my PC 6 weeks or so ago. My computer was making the usb connected/disconnected beeps even though all drivers were updated, and I would get BSODs referencing my kernel file. I found the two malware items with malwarebytes and removed them and their extensions in google chrome, and all has been well until recently. I heard the usb connect/disconnect sound far less, and hadnt had any blue screens in over a month, but now it's back. I've run malwarebytes and it isn't finding any malware on my PC. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

A:pc plays the usb connected/disconnect sound followed by blue screen

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2. SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.NOTE 3. If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! message restart computer and Security Check should run Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit (MBAR) to your desktop.Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.Double click on downloaded file. OK self extracting promp... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/568297/pc-plays-the-usb-connecteddisconnect-sound-followed-by-blue-screen/
Relevancy 33.97%

Those two keys to the right of Alt on my keyboard keep getting hit by accident, and sometimes they royally mess up what I am trying to type.

I have no use for them. Can't I please find out how to disconnect them? Please?

Thanks,
Holly B.

A:How can I disconnect a keyboard key in W7?

FN aka Function key? And the secondary Alt key?What kind of keyboard is this? Laptop? OEM USB? 3rd party external?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/589071/how-can-i-disconnect-a-keyboard-key-in-w7/
Relevancy 33.54%

I have a computer running Windows 7 Enterprise with a network drive mapped to another commuter running Windows XP Professional. The C drive in the computer with XP went bad and the computer was replaced. However I cannot disconnect the mapped
drive.
If I try to disconnect it using the context menu option in Windows Explorer it brings up a dialog box that says, "This network connection does not exist," and does not disconnect it. I have also tried to disconnect it from the command line:
C:\>net use Z: /delete
The network connection could not be found.
More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2250.

C:\>net helpmsg 2250
The network connection could not be found.

C:\>
This problem is very annoying. Please help.

A:Mapped drive will not disconnect

In cmd windows, you can directly type command 'net use' to see the net connection.
If the Z: doesn't existed in the list, 'the network connection could not be found' is normal.
And you can directly define a new network location to Z:.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b611f1e0-2364-455c-b2ae-e6bd0c73bb86/mapped-drive-will-not-disconnect?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 33.11%

Yesterday on my W7sp1 machine, 25 updates showed up, Office 2010 (8), W7 (13), Office 2007 (2) and MSE (2). After install, all successful, shut down the machine for the day. Start up today, I have no internet connection. My adapter say's searching. Rebooted 3x, no luck. I have my W10 machines connected to the same switch (Ethernet) and it works normal. I see nothing in the udates that would effect the internet connection.

I did a restore from reflect to a spare SSD, it works fine, internet ok etc. This image was taken 2 days before the Ms updates.

Anybody else have similar problem.

Further update: I installed all the office 2010 updates by them selves, and upon shut down and reboot, Windows was configuring the updates, for a split second in like safe mode, I saw some numbers, about 6 digits x2 and the words "applying and registering" ??? This is weird!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/380903-9-8-updates-disconnect-my-internet-access.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Hello everyone,
i am facing the problem of lan card auto disconnect & connect.I have an assembled pc dual core with realtek lan card.Some days before everything was ok.But from 2 days this problem occurred.I googled related to this & found nothing working. Please help...
i am using tenda router & connected 4 others computers also which working fine on this lan cable.Unistalled lan driver installed new from rtl site.
disabled energy efficient ethernet.
disabled shutdown -wake on lan.
reset winsock
reset ipv4
reset ipv6

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/382230-lan-card-auto-disconnect-connect.html
Relevancy 32.68%

So This problem started to occur Internet unjustified connection disconnect/timeout with me few weeks back In the first Internet connection unjustified disconnect/timeout I thought that the problem is only related to a game and I was busy IRL and wasn't able to play more Now that I've some free time now started to notice the following -- While surfing the web each - mins the internet stops working for a few seconds then works again -- While playing CS GO Sometimes I connect to the server and once I stream in It says game lost connection I thought it's csgo only but it also started to appear in almost all games Sometimes I'm just playing everything is alright Suddenly I timeout I alt-tab to check my internet connection It's fine I try to open anything over the browser while this problem is happening but nothing loads for a few seconds then suddenly it starts working I tried everything re-installing the game steam the whole windows and disabling anything in the power saving settings Nothing worked V P S It works just fine on my other PC Only this PC and I've no idea what's wrong I haven't changed anything in this PC for over years now and suddenly this is happening This problem never happened before

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/382258-internet-connection-unjustified-disconnect-timeout.html
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello and thanks for your help in advance Ive come upon an issue with my laptop connection at my girlfriends house I seem to loose connection about every min or so This only occurs at her house and on my laptop I do not know how to research the specifics of the issue because I dont know anything about networking The issue is most noticeable while playing games as I loose connection to the game server and get booted Less so when just surfing the internet as I wont notice a problem until I 20 "Disconnect" minutes. after attempt to load a new page or video I run the troubleshooter but it says that I am connected and no problems found When "Disconnect" after 20 minutes. I try to connect to a specific website via the troubleshooter it says quot Your system appears to be configured correctly The website or device your connecting to may not be available Contact you ISP etc quot I "Disconnect" after 20 minutes. solve the problem by restarting or manually disconnecting from the network and reconnecting I have restarted all components of the network Modem router all devices connected to the network iPhones iPads and consoles and the issue returns Im not the most tech savy and would love some help describing this problem in better detail to attempt a fix Thanks again for any support Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Vorpal gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name MAGI Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address C- E- - - - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address C-D - A- - A- E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless b g n GHz Physical Address C- E- - - - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c ae a b b d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday October PM Lease Expires Wednesday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - F- - -F - F-AF- - -CE DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R LM Gigabit Network Connecti on Physical Address F - F-AF- - -CE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C D E - EA - FE - -C EB BA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E - A F- DED- E- D A CC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap A ECE-E A - AA -B -E D C D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B EDCCE- - CE-B - C E E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Vorpal gt C Users Vorpal gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL R... Read more

A:"Disconnect" after 20 minutes.

ISP: Comcast
Antivirus : Norton
Modem: Netgear CMD31T
Router: Netgear N600 wireless dual band router WNDR3400v3

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/disconnect-after-20-minutes-1056298.html
Relevancy 31.82%

no operating system detected disconnect readers - Laptop Doesnt BOOT - Unable to reinstall Windows 7 for CD nor from bootable USB. How can I install Windows 7 ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/384239-no-operating-system-detected-disconnect-readers-laptop-doesnt-boot.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi!

How can you disconnect the control
of a program responding or not.
The program communicates with an external device,
a user should press the device's keys, which, mean that
it can take a long time, though it is
not wrong.

Thanks for the help
Regards,

Nikos
[email protected]
[email protected]

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f9e05b2f-eb1c-458d-98a3-a67e9c0d1200/how-can-you-disconnect-the-control-of-a-program-responding-or-not?forum=TechnetSandboxForum
Relevancy 38.7%

That's pretty much it, Although I did have an issue with the sound too but I fixed it when I installed VIA Hd Audio, I've never gotten my mic to work however.

I'm using a headset (Turtle Beach X12) The mix definitely does work, I can hear myself talk through my headset.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/385007-problem-microphone-disconnecting-reconnecting-really-fast.html
Relevancy 33.97%
Relevancy 39.13%

I have read a lot of posts on this but here is my problem I am using Windows nbsp I have a Western Digital My Book World TB NAS nbsp nbsp The drive is mapped correctly Windows Still Drive Mapped (Always) to 7 Not Reconnecting nbsp I have added credentials nbsp through the credentials manager in the Control Panel nbsp The credentials are being remembered after logoff shut-down and re-boot nbsp nbsp If I shut-down and re-boot immediately or perhaps within a hour period the machine will reconnect to the nbsp mapped drive nbsp at logon nbsp However if more than hours elapses between shut-down and re-boot I get the now-very-familiar quot could not nbsp connect to all network drives quot message and nbsp both folders of the NAS are nbsp shown to be disconnected in nbsp Computer nbsp Of course a click on the correct folder will connect nbsp That is a pain and the rest of my family that uses this computer will not remember to do this every time nbsp It becomes quite a mess nbsp if iTunes is loaded with the NAS disconnected since the music library obviously will not load and will then need to be re-selected the next time the program is started nbsp I nbsp do not expect the other family members to be nbsp able to remember each of these steps nbsp Thus does anyone know Windows 7 Still Not (Always) Reconnecting to Mapped Drive each and every thing that must be done in Windows to ensure that the mapped network drive will perpetually reconnect at logon nbsp I say quot each and every thing quot because Windows 7 Still Not (Always) Reconnecting to Mapped Drive I have found that this is a highly nbsp iterative process nbsp I keep discovering additional steps that need to be taken upon further and further quot research quot nbsp There must be a more intuitive approach Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Windows 7 Still Not (Always) Reconnecting to Mapped Drive

If WD cannot help on it, there is a workaround we can try. You may open Notepad and paste the following commands into Notepad.
net use [driveletter]: /delete net use [driveletter]: \\server\share /user:[username] password /persistent:yes
Please save this Notepad to a location with a name reconnect.bat.
Then, launch Task Scheduler, you may create scheduled task to run this *.bat file. Probably you can set it to run after several hours.
For more information regarding the “net use” command, please refer:
Technet Library - Net useArthur Xie - MSFT

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/10a47ea7-9ee4-49ff-9a00-f014bc7c623c/windows-7-still-not-always-reconnecting-to-mapped-drive?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 32.25%

Installed Windows 8.1 on a server machine a few days ago, replacing Windows 7. With Windows 7 I could leave user sessions open simply by closing the client with the X/close button, and could then of course resume the same session later, be it through RDP
or locally, but this does not seem to be default behavior with 8.1. Whenever I disconnect now, the session is automatically logged out, indiscriminately killing any applications that may be running in the session. It was like this out of the box.

I've googled this quite a bit now, and I've tried a few proposed solutions (policy changes, registry value changes etc.), but absolutely none of it has had any effect.
Any idea what's going on? Is this a bug, or is it by design? RDP is pretty much useless when it behaves this way..

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/99501420-5b0d-45b6-bd4b-3f2791ab0af9/remote-desktop-automatically-logs-off-session-on-client-disconnect?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 33.11%

Currently I own a Windows PC vs. Mac Internet PING / / Windows Disconnect and a MacBook Air I am having no internet PING / Internet Disconnect / Windows vs. Mac connection problems on my Mac since everything seems to be working fine but on my PING / Internet Disconnect / Windows vs. Mac Windows PC I am getting sudden temporary loss of internet connection Think of it as sudden loss of internet connectivity and then it comes back after a few seconds and this keeps on happening again and again every - minutes So I started a little investigation and I came up with the following results MacBook Specifications OS X Yosemite Mid- model GB memory After sending pings to google com from my macbook I got loss and no loss of packets of data hence smooth internet connectivity You can see in the image below everything worked fine Windows Specifications Windows GB memory Intel Dual Band Wireless - AC WiFi driver After sending pings to google com from my windows PC I got loss and as you can see in the image some pings were timed-out sudden hence loss of packets of data therefore no internet connectivity Now both of these commands were executed at the same time from two different computers As a potential solution I even re-installed network drivers on my windows PC but apparently it did not help What could this mean Faulty network hardware on my Windows PC faulty software anti-virus firewall doing something else that I am not guessing right any help is appreciated Thanks

A:PING / Internet Disconnect / Windows vs. Mac

Your Macbook air would have nothing to do with that. Either crappy driver for the Windows machine, or Crapped out wifi card on the laptop. Otherwise, the last thing would be possible Packet Flooding and the Router/Gateway is shutting down the connection.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/71466-ping-internet-disconnect-windows-vs-mac.html
Relevancy 27.09%

I have a Win laptop that has USB ports I'm using a USB DVD CD RW with it But it's doing the connect reconnect connect reconnect Something similar happened with external HDDs but not this bad Tried these links https support microsoft com en-us kb Download Windows Update for x -based Systems KB from Official Microsoft Download Center Hard drive disconnecting and reconnecting Solved - Hard Drives - Storage Help After installing Windows my USB drive disappears or file transfers stop unexpectedly USB port doesn't support external optical drive - Page - Windows Central Forums http en community dell com support t https social technet microsoft com itprohardware So I did In my Power Options I disabled quot Hard Disk Turn-off quot and quot USB USB Disconn Connect, 8.1) (Win - Disconnect, Connect, 3.0 Re-charge power-save thing quot In Device Manager in HID and USB section I went to their properties and disabled all the power management I tried to install the update Windows -KB -x except it tells me I already have it installed What shall I do Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/71599-win-8-1-usb-3-0-connect-disconnect-connect-disconn.html
Relevancy 33.54%

... otherwise it will not boot. Of course, I reconnect it again before starting it up.

I discovered this by trial and error, when my PC crashed and wouldn't work again (case fans wouldn't even spin), although the DVD writer would spin and the Hard Drive activity indicator would come on.

I thought either my Mobo or PSU was bad. I took it to a nearby shop, they tested my PSU and Mobo, found both were good and told me to pick up my working PC (and pay for an hour of labor).

My PC crashed again today twice, exactly as described above, but I have since discovered that disconnecting (and reconnecting) the DVI cable to my monitor from the back of my GPU, will allow it boot up normally.

Any help? - I would like to have an idea of what is going on and keep my PC from crashing in the first place.

A:When my PC crashes, I have to disconnect my monitor

A driver problem? Do you have the latest Catalyst Control Center Omega?

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/67477-when-my-pc-crashes-i-have-disconnect-my-monitor.html
Relevancy 33.54%

WHAT can be done to cause a faster disconnect from internet and websites. I keep getting lengthy hangup time (minutes) to close an application and my system is 100% not responsive during that time. My system is a HP Compaq 6735s laptop with Vista Basic and using Google. I have tried ESC key, alt control and delete and eventually in frustration just hold down the power "off" button. Then restart laptop. So frustrating. Obviously there is something going on between my laptop and the server or the internet feed. How can I immediately break this connection?

A:Slow Internet Disconnect

The problem will be something hanging if you do all our scans follow links in my signature to mini tests do all scans and post results here

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-vista/118164-slow-internet-disconnect.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Not sure what I did but I recently modified a document on our SharePoint and saved it locally. Now when I open that master document on SharePoint it opens the one I saved locally a while back and asks if I want to update the server. I've searched on various forums for a fix for this but have yet to find a solution.

How can I open these master documents on sharepoint without having it ask to update the server. I'd hate to accidentally save over the master document.

I'm using MS Office 2013, and SharePoint 2010.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/71106-disconnect-office-2013-sharepoint-2010-a.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi Something strange is happening to my surface pro running windows Pro bit At first I was trying to surf on the dropping reconnecting keeps wifi surface manually after pro 3 on net and received something like server connections timed out I then checked on my wifi status by hovering my mouse over the wifi icon at the system tray and it said quot internet access quot This is usually a good sign But still unable to load any external pages on the firefox browser I then had to run the diagnosis over the wifi network and the wifi came back alive By the way by disconnecting and reconnecting the wifi wouldn't fix the internet connection issue after minutes or so the internet was down again I had to run diagnosis over the wifi network and it worked wifi keeps dropping after reconnecting manually on surface pro 3 again After this I tried to check to see if there was any updates that I need wifi keeps dropping after reconnecting manually on surface pro 3 to install I found that it's in the middle of downloading quot upgrade to windows pro version quot This is the latest major upgrade from Microsoft By now I kinda got tired of running diagnosis on the wifi network I got to hook it up with the ethernet wire connection Now I can access the Internet and the windows update started downloading without any interruption But I can't rely on the ethernet cable for the stable internet connection My question is would this wifi dropout issue be caused by this windows update download Or are there any tweaks that you may suggest I should try By the way I have also disabled Hyper-V on this machine Any help would be greatly appreciated Cheers

A:wifi keeps dropping after reconnecting manually on surface pro 3

If it is only with Windows 10 that it is dropping connections, but not in Windows 8.1. You are one of many that Microsoft is not supporting for that unit.

The Surface 3 Pro has had more problems with it, then Windows. Majority of them are power plug adapter problems. It does not surprise me that Microsoft is forcing users to upgrade to their newer model.

A lot of people are going with the Lenovo Yoga, because it has better support and a whole lot cheaper.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/32296-wifi-keeps-dropping-after-reconnecting-manually-surface-pro-3-a.html
Relevancy 38.7%

ok so im sure you have seen this all before its a common issue but a long time ago i have fixed this issue but i forgot how i have already tried all the fixes i could find on the internet i disabled quot Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power quot on every port i also went to power settings and disabled use selective suspend setting on EVERY POWER PROFILE and i also updated the usb extensible drivers and the intel series intel chipset drivers but everytime i disconnecting drive USB keeps i move reconnecting files 3.0 and when plug my external HDD to my new laptop the first port sometimes just keep connecting and disconnecting instantly and on the second port it connects and stay connected but if i move a big file it will start flickering on and off small files i can move and yes i know about the radiation USB 3.0 drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting when i move files that devices output and i have moved the drive away from the laptop last step is to disable wifi and try again didnt work ps usb ports work fine

A:USB 3.0 drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting when i move files

Dell inspiron USB 3.0 Problem - YouTube

i have this problem whenever i connect a usb 3 on a usb 3 port. Is it the same thing?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/31879-usb-3-0-drive-keeps-disconnecting-reconnecting-when-i-move-files.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Evening chaps

Bit of a problem.

I have Windows 10 installed on my SSD primary drive. I also have a 4 TB RAID 10 array that I want to remove to reutilise the disks in my new NAS. However...

If I remove the drives, windows won't boot. I've seen various errors, but basically it loads to logo, spins round and round and then halts, usually with "inaccessible boot device". What's the problem here? Any pointers appreciated.

A:Win 10 won't boot, if I disconnect secondary drive(s)

That's because your boot manager is in one of the disk you disconnected. Reconnect to boot and use:
EasyBCD 2.2 - Neowin
To move the Boot Manager to the SSD. Follow the screen shot:

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/35544-win-10-wont-boot-if-i-disconnect-secondary-drive-s.html
Relevancy 39.13%

So I have this pretty sweet flash drive GB and USB I used it for a while but it wasn't fast enough so I enabled write caching The downside to write caching is that unplugging the flash drive without ejecting is more dangerous I don't know if this was the problem or even when the problem started but one day my flash drive stopped working A while later it started saying it was unformatted I forgot what I did But today I went to format it After plugging it in the quot You need to format this drive to format it Would you like to do that now quot popped up I closed it then it popped up again And again And again and again and again These windows also interuppted whatever I was doing being thrusted on top of all the other windows Also they happened every single second reconnecting second. disconnecting every Flash and keeps drive On quot Computer quot I could see my flash drive disappearing and reappearing for a Flash drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every second. brief moment every second System Specs Intel i - M CPU GHz Intel HD Flash drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every second. Graphics Jealous GB RAM Windows professional service pack TOSHIBA Flash drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every second. Laptop DXDiag Pastebin com I recently enabled my paging file if that means anything That's all I can remember doing I'm pretty much unable to do anything with the drive because I only have time to type one letter before yet another formatting window pops up Also the drive keeps disconnecting or something so any formats will fail I have used a USB SSD and other flash drive today and they both worked fine

A:Flash drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every second.

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
What exact model flash drive sweet is not a specific description

I'd say the error would most like say must initialize caused by not properly removing the device
let windows initialize it you pretty much have no choice as far as I know :/

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/388540-flash-drive-keeps-disconnecting-reconnecting-every-second.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I recently made a new computer and its unplugging my computer and replugging it when I plug in my headphones into the front panel. When I connect the headphones to the motherboard in the back it works fine.
This wasnt an issue before so I suspect its nothing with wrong with hardware unless I am mistaken. What could be the problem?

-thank you
-hieya

A:Audio jack disconnecting/reconnecting glitch

Sounds like a problem, either with the front panel assembly on the case or the wiring/connection to the motherboard from the front panel. If your case, like many, came with two audio connectors (AC97 and HD Audio), you should be using the HDAudio. However, if it has both and the HDAudio is what you are now using, try the AC97 to see if it makes a difference. The HDAudio has sensing (when a headset is plugged in or out) that the AC97 does not have.

If this is not the issue, please expand on the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/389056-audio-jack-disconnecting-reconnecting-glitch.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Is there any once have a clue on how to write a script that would run every time a RDP disconnect?
I need to create a script to disconnect all network drive upon an RDP disconnect.
Environment:
+ Windows Professional (XP, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10).
+ Windows Server STD (2008, 2012)

Please help.

Thank you.

-- A human.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7e984bb7-fbcb-47b8-8098-036360b0daa5/script-to-disconnect-network-drive-upon-rdp-disconnect?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 33.11%

Greetings I am new to this forum My question is in regards to Folders Disconnect Shared Intermittent shared folders I run a desktop and laptop connected by ethernet through a router Both machines run Windows Pro Both machines have static IP addresses setup in the router I do not use a software firewall and both computers are allowed onto the network I share folders on both machines in order to run client software on the laptop which connects to the flight simulator on the desktop All of the shared folders have full control setup for everyone in both security settings and the shared folders tab There are HomeGroups set up on both machines with the correct information Shared Folders Intermittent Disconnect The problem finally you say is that occasionally one computer cannot open the shared folders on the other over the network This doesn't happen all the Shared Folders Intermittent Disconnect time nor is the solution consistent Ssometimes closing and reopening the netwok folder fixes it Sometimes just waiting does it Other times I have to reboot the computer s This creates issues with my client software tryong to connect to the desktop The error is x Windows cannot find to paraphrase I should point out that the other machine shows up in the network folder I just can't access it when this happens This happens mainly on the laptop Shared Folders Intermittent Disconnect attempting to connect to the desktop although once in awhile the desktop cannot find the laptop I have checked and rechecked settings deleted and rebult the HomeGroup ensured password protected sharing is off network discovery is on amongst other things I read about changing the shared computer name to its IP address I also read somewhere about changing a number of registry entries that would force a change in Windows network behaviour Now I'm fishing If anyone who has experienced this could give me some trouble shooting steps and or solution I would be most grateful Many thanks Graham

A:Shared Folders Intermittent Disconnect

Win 10 network discovery is munted. Try the registry mods to restrict to SMB1. Run the commands in the admin command prompt.

Restrict to SMB1
sc.exe config lanmanworkstation depend= bowser/mrxsmb10/mrxsmb20/nsi
sc.exe config mrxsmb10 start= auto
------------------
Reset back to default
sc.exe config lanmanworkstation depend= bowser/mrxsmb10/mrxsmb20/nsi
sc.exe config mrxsmb20 start= auto

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/37222-shared-folders-intermittent-disconnect.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Title says it all. After waking from sleep mode the computer disconnects from the internet and I have to reboot to get a connection. Makes the whole point of having a "sleep" mode useless. This is annoying because often I go away from m y computer for a few hours during the day and don't want to have to reboot to get back onto my computer. Rebooting wears out the components and is uneccessary when it should simply wake from sleep mode with no hassles. I have a wired connection via ethernet cable. My router is always switched on.

A:Since Windows 10 update disconnect from internet when wakes from sleep

Originally Posted by Maugli

Title says it all. After waking from sleep mode the computer disconnects from the internet and I have to reboot to get a connection. Makes the whole point of having a "sleep" mode useless. This is annoying because often I go away from m y computer for a few hours during the day and don't want to have to reboot to get back onto my computer. Rebooting wears out the components and is uneccessary when it should simply wake from sleep mode with no hassles. I have a wired connection via ethernet cable. My router is always switched on.

I have the same problem, except that disconnection appears to be intermittent. It looks as if disconnection occurs if sleep lasts longer than several hours (e.g. overnight). Does anyone know how to deal with this problem?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/25244-since-windows-10-update-disconnect-internet-when-wakes-sleep.html
Relevancy 32.68%

So I just installed Windows 10 and been trying to get the right drivers on my gear. Everything was fine until after I installed a ASIO audio driver for a mixer.

Now I don't have any Event Sounds when I plug or unplug devices.

Tried uninstalling the ASIO drivers and didn't change, just for some reason now my computer won't give notification sounds. No Errors in any drivers in device manager.

Any ideas?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/39089-no-sound-device-connect-disconnect-etc-events.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Windows Network Diagnostics
Publisher details
Issues found
One or more network protocols are missing on this computer
Windows Sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing.
Not fixed
Restore network protocols to default settings
Completed
Issues found
One or more network protocols are missing on this computer
Windows Sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing.

Internet is hard-wired through a TP-Link TL-WPA4220T KIT from upstairs coming down to a basement.

A:Disconnect issue

Take a look here:

windows socket registry entries missing according to diagnostics and internet no longer working at all

https://malwaretips.com/threads/disconnect-issue.55889/
Relevancy 39.13%

Oddly, in this "always connected" world, I am trying to do just the opposite. I am trying to create a quick shortcut, or method, to disable both the LAN and WiFi connections on a Windows 7 home premium computer.

Maybe there is some script, batch-file, or registry tweak that can be used. Any one have a way to accomplish this.

Thanks

A:Disconnecting & Reconnecting Internet via shortcut

go to your network connections, right cllick on adapter, create shortcut

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/391275-disconnecting-reconnecting-internet-via-shortcut.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I have a Windows Server R domain A user while The device been occurred name in restored. An local reconnecting...The not use. is error has connection already with An error occurred while reconnecting...The local device name is already in use. The connection has not been restored. a laptop running Windows Professional opens some network folders and leaves them open His computer goes to sleep When the computer wakes and he unlocks it the network folders appear empty and the following error dialog is open An error occurred while reconnecting lt drive letter gt to lt file server gt lt share gt Microsoft Windows Network The local device name is already in use This connection has not been restored After clicking OK he has to refresh the network folder for the An error occurred while reconnecting...The local device name is already in use. The connection has not been restored. contents to reappear The shared drives are mapped via Group Policy Preferences nbsp The issue is not limited to that computer I have already tried nbsp this nbsp hotfix linked in nbsp this nbsp question but it did not help I've since uninstalled it I've turned on the Reconnect option on the GPP had it off because I thought it wouldn't matter since GP gets applied frequently No change The problem computer already has NIC power saving turned off from a previous issue

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/78276f1d-f7f9-416b-b903-b9a18ecba67b/an-error-occurred-while-reconnectingthe-local-device-name-is-already-in-use-the-connection-has?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 33.11%

Good morning,
since my daughter (2 years old) switched on airplane mode last week, I'm no more able to switch it off and go back to wifi connection.
no more WiFi / airplane mode icons in wifi window on the taskbar, no more airplane mode option on network settings...
everything disappeared, apart from the airplane mode icon in the right corner of the screen, which I can not switch to WiFi mode...
sorry for the print screen in Italian.
thanks,
giorgio

A:Airplane mode impossible disconnect

Click on Settings......Network and Internet.....see attachment.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/40912-airplane-mode-impossible-disconnect.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Good morning,
since my daughter (2 years old) switched on airplane mode last week, I'm no more able to switch it off and go back to wifi connection.
no more WiFi / airplane mode icons in wifi window on the taskbar, no more airplane mode option on network settings...
everything disappeared, apart from the airplane mode icon in the right corner of the screen, which I can not switch to WiFi mode...
sorry for the print screen in Italian.
thanks,
giorgio

A:Airplane mode impossible disconnect

Click on Settings......Network and Internet.....see attachment.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/40912-airplane-mode-impossible-disconnect.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I am being troubled by repeated occurrences of the Disconnect and Connected sounds.
I am trying to identify what is causing these and thought there might be a clue in the event logs.
Does anyone know if these events are logged and where which might give me a clue as to what is happening?

A:Disconnect and Connect events

These Admin events are likely to be logged in DeviceSetupManager via the Information level.

Right click on the Start button and select Event Viewer. View all instances of the Information events and look for a time when you know it has happened. You might get a clue from the references to any devices being connected/disconnected or serviced.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/41475-disconnect-connect-events.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I am being troubled by repeated occurrences of the Disconnect and Connected sounds.
I am trying to identify what is causing these and thought there might be a clue in the event logs.
Does anyone know if these events are logged and where which might give me a clue as to what is happening?

A:Disconnect and Connect events

These Admin events are likely to be logged in DeviceSetupManager via the Information level.

Right click on the Start button and select Event Viewer. View all instances of the Information events and look for a time when you know it has happened. You might get a clue from the references to any devices being connected/disconnected or serviced.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/41475-disconnect-connect-events.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello!
I have a blutooth speaker that I use with my laptop. When paired, the OS (Win 8.1) identifies it as headphones and uses the headphones icon. I don't like that; I want to give it my custopm name and use my custom made icon for this device.

When I change name and icon, all works as supposed as long as the device is not unpaired. But since I sometimes need to pair the device with my telephone, I have to re-pair it when using it afterwards with the computer. And then all my customizations are gone.

How can I get the OS to remember my device and apply the nice icon and name I have prepared for it?

Thanks!

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/74141-custom-icon-blutooth-device-disappears-upon-disconnect.html
Relevancy 39.56%

hello there, im having a problem, actually its been 2 years now and remain unsolved. my USB port keep reconnecting when connected to phone and other certain flashdisk, every second. but when i plug my portable HDD the reconnecting problem only occur with time periode of an hour or so, not every second.

but i sucesfully narrowing the problem tho, it only occur when plugged to charger (laptop btw) and when Nvidia GPU is enable, when Nvidia disabled and in charging the problem is gone, like never exist.

i think it was driver fault, i've sent this laptop back to service center, but they doesn't found that issue, i know this is my fault for not using windows 8 at the first place (the driver CD only work for win8) but i manage to collect win7 driver from asus website, but the website never update USB driver for win 10 tho.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/43225-phone-several-usb-flash-keep-reconnecting.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi everyone I have a problem with my internet connection First I've tried a PCI Wi-Fi card and a repeater and nothing change My computer have spiking, reconnecting Ethernet is and connection disconnecting a problem with the internet connection When I play games like Counter-Strike I'm spiking and I Ethernet connection is spiking, disconnecting and reconnecting have some rollback every s Here's a picture of my internet connection in the task manager As you can see I'm spiking alot Sometimes my PC disconnect from the router even when it's wired What I tried - Recovery - Flush DNS - Renew IP - Uninstall Install network drivers and adapter - Uninstall Install general drivers And nothing worked except one thing Fix network connection issues - Windows Help Type netsh Ethernet connection is spiking, disconnecting and reconnecting winsock reset and press Enter Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter Type ipconfig release and press Enter Type ipconfig renew and press Enter Type ipconfig flushdns and press Enter It's working for like minutes and then I'm spiking and lagging again I suppose it's a DNS IP problem I need to do it again every time I want to play minutes Anyone have a idea Thanks PS When I'm browsing on chrome I don't see the spike effects only when I play or skype

A:Ethernet connection is spiking, disconnecting and reconnecting

Try, changing your DNS router to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. These are the public google DNS routers. I had gaming issues and changing to these DNS fixed my problem, Internet problems with my ISP.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/43400-ethernet-connection-spiking-disconnecting-reconnecting.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I mapped HELP - drive disconnect Can't have been using a mapped drive successfully for many months but today suddenly it was no longer accessible I disconnected it with the intention to re-mapping it to fix the problem However even after disconnecting it HELP - Can't disconnect mapped drive the drive is still visible in explorer It has a red cross against it and has been renamed as 'disconnected drive' When checking in cmd exe using net use the drive is no longer shown as connected - but is still listed in explorer And what's even stranger even with the drive showing as disconnected when clicking on the icon the drive opens correctly and shows the contents of the network drive However programs using data stored on this drive can no longer access it When trying to re-map it again the drive letter is no longer available in the alphabetical list as it it still showing in explorer How can I completely remove HELP - Can't disconnect mapped drive this 'disconnected' drive from explorer so that it can be re-mapped Rebooting didn't help Thanks in advance for any suggestions

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2802fc35-5429-4ac7-be85-ac1606477052/help-cant-disconnect-mapped-drive?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 32.68%

If I click the Network Icon in the taskbar (by the speaker icon) I get a USB "Disconnect" chime? I can see anything vanishing from Device Manager. What else can I check?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/46869-clicking-network-icon-taskbar-causes-usb-disconnect-chime.html
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi all,
long time since a visit, still keeping the place going, onya's.
I have an issue I have never seen before!
on a HP 6710b loaded with Win7 Pro, after getting it going I get this very annoying "Da Dah" sound as tho a USB device disconnecting. 7 times per minute.

I have been right thru this thing and can't find anything wrong. Hijack comes up pretty clean as does Trend Premium. Disabled all I can find etc...

Starting to think a dodgy USB connector on laptop?
Other than that, I'm stumped.
Anyone encountered this before?

Thanks guys
NT.au

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/continual-usb-disconnect-sound-7-times-per-min-1111801.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Gateway Laptop, NE722, running windows 10. Upgraded to 10 from 8.1 right after it came out. For the last week or so it randomly disconnects from wifi after a couple minutes it reconnects. I have tried changing power plan. Sometimes it will disconnect 3 or 4 times in 20 minutes or so and then go all day with just once. Thanks for any help

wifi adapter. Qualcomm Atheros AR956x. Have updated driver, tried rolling back drive. Turned off connect to suggested open hotspots, also connect to networks shared by my contacts.
Turned off automatic proxy setup, Turned off VPN connections. Turned firewall off.
I have a laptop with windows 7 no problems with it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-random-disconnect.1170143/
Relevancy 33.11%

I have un HP spectre 360 (windows 10 64bit) connected with Hp 3001PR port replicator.The port replicator is connected with monitor and ethernet.Problem: each morning when i start computer ,after about 30 minutes, the replicator disconnects.i have to " ipl " the replicator and after i haven't problem for all day.i have installed the last version driver but the problem is always the samecould you help me pleaseMauro

A:HP 3001PR disconnect with windows10 in HP spectre 360

Hello @Mauro62?, Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I came across your post about the Port Replicator, and wanted to help! To start, can  you provide me with the Product Number of the notebook?  Here is a link you can use that will help you find your Model and Product Number:How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? Do you only have the replicator connected to your notebook through the monitor?  Are you connecting it with an HDMI cable?  Are you using an external monitor?  If so, instead of connecting through the monitor, try connecting through the USB port, and see if you are having the same issue.  Please post back with the results. Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution" , this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Happy New Year!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-3001PR-disconnect-with-windows10-in-HP-spectre-360/td-p/5422540
Relevancy 39.56%

THERE IS NO CORRECT BOARD, SO I SELECT ANYTHING. I have HP ProBook 470 G2.   I find one problem with USB3 ports.  External hard drives disconnecting and reconnecting. They work fine on PC USB3 When I connect the external hard drive to the new laptop throught USB 3.0 port, it gets randomly disconnecting and reconnecting continuously, even when I am not using it. Also happens if I connect to another usb 3.0 port. Also I have observed that If I connect the external hard drive to a USB 2.0 port instead of an USB 3.0 port all work ok, no randomly disconnection and reconnection occurs. It only happens when I connect it to an USB 3.0   Never have such problem on old HP ProBook 4540S laptop.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/USB-3-0-randomly-disconnecting-and-reconnecting/td-p/5567723
Relevancy 39.56%

USB devices disconnecting and reconnecting in Win 8.1 x64 on x61t on the slightest movement, but inconsistently. Files are getting corrupted! I've disabled airbag protection. I've disabled power saving options on USB ports. I can't seem to fix this. I've installed every windows update I found mention of on the internet.  Could it be that the motherboard is damaged? Seems unlikely given that I get the same problem with usb ports on both left and right side of the machine.  Do I have to bid old faithful farewell? Many others report this problem on other computers. I also wonder if it's a problem with lenvo's new power management drivers delivered via windows update. 

A:USB devices disconnecting and reconnecting in Win ...

Hello,

Just to rule out it being a hardware issue, have you tried booting the ThinkPad X61t from a Linux Live USB/ISO disc and seeing if the problem still occurs under that different operating system?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Tablet-and/USB-devices-disconnecting-and-reconnecting-in-Win-8-1-x64-on/td-p/2271398
Relevancy 39.99%

I keep receiving the following Warning : RECONNECT YOUR DRIVE... Your files will be temporarily copied to your hard drive until you reconnect your File History drive and run a backup.
How do I reconnect The File History and run a backup please.  I am on Windows 8.1

A:RECONNECTING DRIVE

File History is looking for your external drive that you set up for backups. If you no longer have that ext hard drive, open file history and turn it OFF. Open Control Panel and search for Backup to find it.
You need to have an external drive to store File History backups. Meantime, copy your personal files you don't want to lose--music, photos, docs etc to other media like usb thumb drives, cds, dvds or network drives. Remember that backups stored on your internal hard drive defeat the purpose of having backups. Backups are needed when that drive fails.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19642232
Relevancy 33.11%

Does anyone have a solution to make win10/win8 wireless computer's keep the network connection when first booted or logged off?

My laptop keeps disconnecting from the wireless when I log off or reboot the machine. I need network connection before the user logs in.
Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/48733-windows-10-network-disconnect-log-off-reboot.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi all

I have several network connections configured.

There is one wifi connection which automatically connects to my WLAN,another cable based LAN connection to a NAS which is used for backupsand some L2TP connection connections (used for VPN if needed).

Is there a way to connect to these VPNs via the command line (so that I can have a "Batch" File which starts or stops this connection)? I already tried to find something but havent found a solution.

A:How to connect/disconnect to a VPN using the command line?

it might be that i need to install some additional windows features now i upgraded to 10 but previously this rasdial command line worked for me to do this

C:\Windows\System32\rasdial.exe "VPNname"

Originally Posted by EcoGex

Hi all

I have several network connections configured.

There is one wifi connection which automatically connects to my WLAN,another cable based LAN connection to a NAS which is used for backupsand some L2TP connection connections (used for VPN if needed).

Is there a way to connect to these VPNs via the command line (so that I can have a "Batch" File which starts or stops this connection)? I already tried to find something but havent found a solution.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/18516-how-connect-disconnect-vpn-using-command-line.html
Relevancy 32.68%

I have my HP AIO desktop that has a big issue and I can't get it fixed. My hard drive went on my pc and I bought a new hard drive and tried to install back Windows on the pc. However, as soon as the pc passes the "press esc for startup options" the keyboard and mouse stop working, so I can't even install the operating system. I really need some help with this and have been trying to sort it out for a couple days now.

A:Keyboard and Mouse Disconnect After Startup Options Screen

Greetings, You have two USB 3.0 ports on side panel and four USB 2.0 ports on rear panel. Have you tried all USB 2.0 ports? Did you or someone else install the new HDD? Were the ports working before replacing the HDD? Maybe you or someone else dislodged the USB connections on the motherboard or the USB ports. Check, reseat the USB connections. Are you using a Windows installation disc or HP Recovery discs? Cheers!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Keyboard-and-Mouse-Disconnect-After-Startup-Options-Screen/td-p/5606353
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi all Wandering if someone can help Ok - recently did a fresh UEFI install of Win All was working ok except I noticed that my monitor - Dell S DG randomly flashes black - happens completely randomly - I checked I had the latest NVidia drivers for the titan x and I also checked by rocking the tower if maybe a connection was loose - but didn't show any signs of down screen disconnect, on flicker, shut black hanging etc , Keyboard the problem when I moved the tower The second thing is my US keyboard randomly wont connect - i e when I get in to Win its as if the Keyboard is unplugged - I try plugging in to another USB port - still no luck Then Keyboard disconnect, hanging on shut down , black screen flicker, etc I try another port but also try resetting the computer but the Keyboard disconnect, hanging on shut down , black screen flicker, etc computer just hangs continuously - I have to physically hit the reset button After doing that the pc restarts and if im lucky the keyboard has connected I have another keyboard and it does exact same thing I have a funny feeling its something to do with the Chipset drivers but is there anyone that can help me out I tried going to Asus and getting the Chipset driver from them but when I went to install it said I had a newer version and did I want to install anyway gt I clicked yes but it just did the constant loop install thing again Everything is set to auto in 'Device installation settings' too The computer wont install any hardware drovers for any USB ports - it continuously just searches Edit - the computer won't shut down at all now I have to physically switch it off at plug I also tried installing a different graphics driver earlier driver and it just never installs just loops over and I have to shut it of by mains to get it to turn off Even in safe mode it won't shut down cheers

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/395575-keyboard-disconnect-hanging-shut-down-black-screen-flicker-etc.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hey,

So about a month ago my wife knocked my laptop off an ottoman onto the ground breaking the screen and some internal fastening points. I replaced the screen myself but now the keyboard is not totally secured to the rest of the computer on one side. Last night i was watching youtube in bed and lifted it by the side opposite the disconnected side and the keyboard part separated enough to cause the computer to lose power. Upon restart i got a blue screen of death.

My computer stats are: Lenovo B570 Windows 7 64bit, 4GB Ram, intel core i3-2350M @ 2.30GHz intel on board graphics. Ill attached a photo of the screen.

Please any help is greatly appreciate!

A:BSOB possible internal disconnect! :(

Hi,

Please refer to the following and reply back accordingly - http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsob-possible-internal-disconnect-772386.html
Relevancy 34.4%

My outlook keeps going to disconnected, I have to keep hitting the send and receive to get new e-mail. How do I get the disconnect off?

Thanks

Relevancy 33.11%

For months I have been using a shortcut I placed on my desktop to turn my LAN connection on/off (instead of going to Network Connections via Control Panel). Always worked fine.

Recently I downloaded questionable software that loaded a lot of junkware/spyware on my computer. I deleted a lot and cleaned up the Registry and even went to Microsoft to reload SP3 (for XP) as well as drivers and other software.

In doing so I lost my ability to "Disable" the LAN connection. I get the message: "It is not possible to disable the connection at this time." See attached.

I never got this message before - the software simply disconnected the connection as requested.

Don't know if this is caused by some form of malware or reloading SP3 and drivers did it.

How can I recover the ability to to disconnect?

A:Unable to disconnect LAN via Network Connections

Can you disable the LAN from within Network Connections? If so, simply delete the shortcut and create a new one.

Otherwise:
http://www.technipages.com/xp-unable...this-time.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-disconnect-lan-via-network-connections-669914.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Hello!We have a used computer that we want to connect to the Internet. We have it hooked up through Ethernet cable to our modem, as well as a wireless card and wifi booster to connect it to or router. It is literally in the same room as our modem and router, but will not connect! It shows the connections but just won't work. It keeps saying the media is disconnected. The ip address is something not even remotely close to what I am used to. The computer also says that there is a problem with C:Program Files\ WildTangent \Apps\ cda \cda engine 0400.dll whenever I restart it. Can someone please help me to figure this out? I am STUMPED! Thank you so much!!! :)

A:Media disconnect/ ip address won't renew

Hi,

What is the IP address? Go to start>run>type cmd into the box then in the console type ipconfig /all and post the results.

What you could do firstly though is in the console type ipconfig /release hit enter then type ipconfig /renew and see if that works at all.

Steve

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/media-disconnect-ip-address-wont-renew-628719.html
Relevancy 33.11%

P4-1G with Xp-sp3, working perfectly since 2008

All was working but I realized something has disabled firewall after a verification... I suspected a virus... and I immediately reenabled windows firewall.

After reenabling firewall, I rebooted...

When I rebooted, I got normal boot, until I had to choose my account...

I get my wallpaper, nothing more for a while, then PC returned to account screen

showing "disconnect..." beside my account icon...

any other attemps with same results...

I booted in safe mode, etc... same results! I can't go further.

Only things that work's is booting with bartpe but impossible to detect network...

Any ideas?

Louis

A:[SOLVED] Computer with XP3 disconnect after logging

Best posting in the a Virus section of the forum

Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help - Tech Support Forum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-computer-with-xp3-disconnect-after-logging-590115.html
Relevancy 38.7%

My internet connection constantly disconnects but immediately reconnects in a matter of seconds. It does this this every fifteen minutes or so. Sorry to be a bother, but can anything be done about this issue?

A:Internet connection keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. Any way to fix this issue?

Is your internet connection wireless?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-connection-keeps-disconnecting-and-reconnecting-any-way-to-fix-this-issue-573553.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I am running Windows XP Home. I need to temporarily disconnect from the internet while keeping my PC running. I have a cable internet connection. Can this be done correctly via the control panel?

A:[SOLVED] Temporary Disconnect?

Is there a reason you need to be temporarily disconnected from the Internet? There are two ways. One; just disconnect/unplug the ethernet cable from the back of your pc, or, in network connections, right click on the network connection and disable it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-temporary-disconnect-459171.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I am using the Windows VPN client to connect to the VPN at work.

I can connect fine. The problem is, when I click the VPN icon again to disconnect, it forgets the fact that is connected, and doesn't show the "Disconnect" button. It just shows the "Connect" button.

Same thing happens when I right-click the network connection. Again there is an option to connect, but no menu item to disconnect.

I ran across a fix for this one time, but can't find it again now. Anyone know the solution to this frustrating problem?

Workaround: From a terminal window or bat file,
rasdial connectionName /DISCONNECT

Thanks,
TQ

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/vpn-disconnect-problem-445082.html