Windows Support Forum

Wireless Network window freezes?

Q: Wireless Network window freezes?

Running Windows 7 Home Premium, I've experienced this issue about five times in the span of two weeks.

When my wireless connection isn't found, sometimes Windows is unresponsive when clicking on the wireless icon near my system clock. It shows either the empty bars with a yellow indicator or the empty bars with a red x. When I try to click and bring up the list of available networks, nothing happens. Even right-clicking doesn't do anything.

Explorer has given an error and needed to shut down three of the five times this error has happened.

Any idea what could be causing this to happen?

Thanks!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Wireless Network window freezes?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Wireless Network window freezes?

Quote: Originally Posted by rwkleinjr

Running Windows 7 Home Premium, I've experienced this issue about five times in the span of two weeks.

When my wireless connection isn't found, sometimes Windows is unresponsive when clicking on the wireless icon near my system clock. It shows either the empty bars with a yellow indicator or the empty bars with a red x. When I try to click and bring up the list of available networks, nothing happens. Even right-clicking doesn't do anything.

Explorer has given an error and needed to shut down three of the five times this error has happened.

Any idea what could be causing this to happen?

Thanks!

hi and welcome

there are several things.
first if y ou are NOT using homegroup, you can disable IPv6. it is located in network and sharing.

Second next time it happens type cmd in search>type Ipconfig /flushdns, then ipconfig /renew. let us know if that helps

third
type device manager in search> go to the wifi tab. look for your wifi card, is it listed? does it have a yellow triangle on it? are there any other "unknown devices" with yellow on them?

Let us know the results
Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/38556-wireless-network-window-freezes.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi I m trying to set up network sharing with my Windows laptop advanced sharing settings freezes! network Wireless window and but I ve hit a wall after following guides In the sharing tab of the wireless connection properties window I can check the box to enable shared networking for my Local area connection but the guide I ve seen says I also need to go into advanced settings in the sharing tab as well to check the boxes of all needed networking protocols The only problem is that I can t get into advanced settings Every time I click the settings button in the sharing tab of my wireless connection properties a grey box saying quot please wait quot pops up and the window freezes I can never get past this please wit box and so I can t check the required boxes in advanced settings For reference here s the video guide I was watching http www youtube com watch v bALXVEDUd is where I get stuck Do you guys have any idea what could be causing this freeze and what can be done Wireless network sharing advanced settings window freezes! Also is there another way to check those boxes without going through that settings button Thanks nbsp

A:Wireless network sharing advanced settings window freezes!

Anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-sharing-advanced-settings-window-freezes.1074905/
Relevancy 61.92%

i got this new laptop... came with windows 7.
i assigned the wireless network of my house and everything was working fine and dandy... i then tried to connect tot he shared files of my other computers and they were not showing up. i noticed the workgroup name was called "homegroup" and my shared files on all my xp computer group is called "tss" so i go to the part whewe i can change the computer's name (i hadnt assigned it yet) and gave teh computer a name and changed the "homegroup" to "tss" i wanted to restart so i let it... since that restart... it wont connect to wireless. going to the network window makes it freeze. auto diagnosis the problem just freezes forever. help.

A:network window freezes

so yeah. my brand new computer wont even connect to wireless internet cause anything to do with networking seems to freeze.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/50861-network-window-freezes.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hey guys,

I'm havin' a prob... I just got a new Sony FW373J and this is what happens when I try and see my network...
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/4562/helpx.jpg

Any help would be much appreciated and I thank whoever in advance.

-Eric

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/233909-network-sharing-window-freezes-vista.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,

I've had real trouble locating this particular window in Windows 10. The only way I can get to it is if I create a manual entry for a wireless network. In Windows 7 you used to be able to get to it for existing wireless networks that I had previously connected to. Does anyone have any idea how to get to it? Many thanks

A:Where is the Wireless Network Properties window from W7?

Settings app > Network & Internet > WiFi > Manage known networks. Select a network, click Properties

Wireless Network Profiles - See in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/70127-where-wireless-network-properties-window-w7.html
Relevancy 57.62%

My quot Use window to configure my wireless network settings quot gets unchecked each time I reboot I then have to go into run services msc -- gt Wireless Zero configs and click Use wireless to my Solved: configure network window to start its always stopped then go to properties in wireless connections and recheck the box and wireless internet comes back I tried using a tech support service recommended by lynksys since I m out of warranty on my router stuff and that company they referred me to could not fix it after hours on phone amp phone calls They tried uninstalling all of my lynksys software including going into the registry and deleting references to it They ultimately said because i m using XP its no longer supported and they could do nothing further All this started when I installed new wireless Solved: Use window to configure my wireless network printer Brother MFC DW I couldn t get it working and set up and couldn t get the software to install This company couldn t either I called Brother they got it installed and recognizing printer and wireless connection within minutes but said my wireless problem was not their problem I really Solved: Use window to configure my wireless network feel like it was installing that Brother software that changed something because in the years I ve had this computer which I ve upgraded over years this has NEVER happened I have read other people post this same question but did not understand how they fixed it or if they fixed it I don t speak computer tek so hopefully someone can give me some instruction in lay English on where how to look for culprit I think its related to brother wireless printer Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

Windows is unable to connect to the selected network. The network may no longer in range. Please refresh the list of available networks, and try to connect again.

This message poped up during connecting to a wireless network

this information might be usefull

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Jayden Gilchrist>IPCONFIG/ALL

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : PC123911455270
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Networ
k Connection
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-18-DE-B5-17-5C

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connecti
on
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-16-36-B7-56-59

C:\Documents and Settings\Jayden Gilchrist>

Relevancy 57.62%

i had to strip win10 from this laptop . . . . not suitable for my developed application. what a complex project for a machine have paid good money for! the only net drivers available are for win 10, but the mfgs must have suitable ones available for win 7. any idea who they are for the wireless and the lan chips? i can never go back to win 10 for this machine.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:lan and wireless network drivers for window 7 for HP Notebo...

Hi: According to the parts list for your notebook, it comes with a Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 combination WLAN adapter. http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=N0T83UA Here are the links to the W7 ethernet, wireless and bluetooth drivers you need. This package provides the Realtek Local Area Network (LAN) Driver that enables the Realtek Network Interface Card (NIC) Chip in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.  http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71001-71500/sp71268.exe This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system.  http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72501-73000/sp72932.exe This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek Bluetooth in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system.  http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp73001-73500/sp73250.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/lan-and-wireless-network-drivers-for-window-7-for-HP/td-p/5827182
Relevancy 57.19%

Current Setup Asrock Extreme Z mobo with built-in nbsp Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet nbsp Windows Pro Intel i - k using onboard Intel HD Graphics nbsp RAID - OCZ Vertex 's nbsp I will refer to this setup as my tower The nbsp Ethernet nbsp port works fine by itself nbsp When I use wired tethering with my Android phone Droid running on Ice Cream Sandwich it works fine when nothing is connected into the Ethernet port in the mobo nbsp The issue arises when I try to connect both simultaneously nbsp The network configuration window in windows basically freezes and I cannot really navigate it without a second delay at best nbsp I Port NDIS and Window Simultaneously Used Ethernet Connection Freezes When Are Internet Network Configuration USB Sharing would like to be able to accept the internet from my Android via a USB tether and either bridge the connection or use the internet connection sharing service to route traffic through the unused Ethernet port on the mobo either to another computer xbox or more desirably a switch router to spread to the entire Network Configuration Window Freezes When USB NDIS Internet Connection Sharing and Ethernet Port Are Used Simultaneously home network nbsp I have extensively researched the issue of Windows become slow and unresponsive when I attempt to do this and I have not found anyone with the exact problem nbsp I am able to do both the MAC bridge Network Configuration Window Freezes When USB NDIS Internet Connection Sharing and Ethernet Port Are Used Simultaneously miniport bridge connections and Internet Connection Sharing though a Windows Vista home premium Laptop I have The difference between the laptop and the tower I am try to do this on is the laptop has a WIFI and Ethernet connection while the tower only has the on-board Ethernet nbsp Do I have all the necessary equipment to accomplish this or do I need to buy a PCIe WIFI card nbsp If so could I get away with just getting a USB WIFI dongle Any help would be very appreciated nbsp

A:Network Configuration Window Freezes When USB NDIS Internet Connection Sharing and Ethernet Port Are Used Simultaneously

Hi,
In fact, the hang issue is very hard to troubleshoot. To narrow down the issue, You could try to stop two services for a test. One is Network Location Awareness, the other one is Network List. This will tell us whether you have drive compatibility issue
with the two service. This is just my assumption. Juke Chou
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5f90dbe5-22ae-48c6-a9d0-f03ac4200d97/network-configuration-window-freezes-when-usb-ndis-internet-connection-sharing-and-ethernet-port-are?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a question

I set up a net work with a linksys wireless router probably a year ago or so and it has a wireless linksys router. It is connect with two windows xp home computers and a windows 2000 and a mac and a windows 98 my question is

They (above) are all wired I am adding two window vista's with wireless built in cards, Will they hook up automatically or do I have to change the workgroup on them and if so where do I change the work group and is there anything else I would have to do to add them. Thanks

A:Adding two window Vista basics to a wireless network

Assuming that you secured the wireless (preferably with WPA or WPA2) there will be no automatic connection. I do not remember whether the Vista default is to connect to any unsecured network or only to preferred networks. I think they got wise and made the latter the default, but I'm not at all sure.

If you want them to be in the same workgroup, then you will have to change the workgroup designation unless you named the workgroup "WORKGROUP." You change the workgroup on Vista similar to the way you do on XP--through the Properties of "Computer."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-two-window-vista-basics-to-a-wireless-network.705227/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a network here at work that is using an NT4.0 server. I have a computer that is running Windows 2000 pro that needs to logon to the domain through a wireless connection (running in a trailer in the parking lot). I can get everything to connect and work if I log into the workstation itself, however if I try to log onto the domain I get an error message indicating that the domain is not available. I know that XP has the ability to initialize the wireless connection prior to login but I can't find anyway to do this with W2K. I am using a Netgear WG121 USB (G) adapter with a Netgear WG602 access point. I have WEP turned on in the open mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-window-2000-with-a-wireless-network-adapter-to-logon-to-nt-domain.367190/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have here a Sony VAIO laptop that locks up only when it attempts to connect to a network, on wireless it freezes, when I turn wireless off, it doesn't freeze.

It runs Vista SP2

Event Viewer isn't bringing up anything critical AFAIK, but I'm pretty novice at using it.
Just booted it using a Ubuntu Live Disk, network works fine, so it's not hardware related, I guess I'll try to replace the drivers and see if it still occurs.

Anything else it could be?

A:Vista freezes as soon as it connects to a wired or wireless network

I would try removing the current wireless drivers...then reinstalling same. The Vista drivers could be damaged.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/349432/vista-freezes-as-soon-as-it-connects-to-a-wired-or-wireless-network/
Relevancy 55.9%

I've tried everything to get it back. In my network connections, it only shows my local area connection. I can't connect to a wireless network, and my wifi light on my keyboard isn't even lit.
I don't have any switches or buttons on my keyboard either that would allow me to enable or disable wireless internet.
I do have a wireless card built into my computer, and I have been able to connect to wireless networks for the three years that I've owned this laptop. It basically just stopped working a few weeks ago.
By the way, it's Windows XP. Anyone have any idea how to get my Wifi back?

A:Wireless Connection icon not showing in Network Connections window or Taskbar

Anyone have any idea how to get my Wifi back?Click to expand...

Let's see if we can find where it went.

What is listed under Network Adapters in Device Manager? What, if any, warnings or errors are anywhere in Device Manager?

What is the brand and model of your laptop?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-icon-not-showing-in-network-connections-window-or-taskbar.956465/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello I don t know where to begin When I log on and my start programs run I receive a couple different messages about something not being in the library I would check right now before writing this but I m afraid my wireless connection would take too long to fix again I ve been having problems works, longer network IE drops wireless cpu no freezes, crashes, frequently for the past week Very irritating Lots of time spent trying to unfold this disaster I do have a hijack this log if someone would look at it Maybe two or three months ago I updated Internet Explorer to IE and now it doesn t work at all I m stuck forced to use Mozilla cpu freezes, crashes, IE no longer works, wireless network drops frequently The wireless router IS in my house and it IS encrypted YES I DO have the password key For the past couple weeks if I am in a program like MOBSTERS by MYSPACE my computer will freeze It happens every time SHORTLY after going into the MISSIONS tab I have to do a hard restart or it ll stay frozen for the entire day On my wireless connection IF When I click quot repair quot It will work for maybe - seconds MAYBE and then it will restart my computer I can t afford to pay for help but I do have a few rare coins I would happily exchange for some help here I am new to this and don t understand how I will be contacted or how I will know if someone is trying to reach me Call me if you wish Or email PH removed or email me at Same gmail comMoved from HJT to AII no logs Although I have read the rules and have read several posts I m sorry if I did something wrong in this post If you can direct me I d appreciate that too I just really need help EDIT Numers address removed to protect privacy Sent PM with infp on being contacted boopme

A:cpu freezes, crashes, IE no longer works, wireless network drops frequently

Hello, I realize you are new here. I moved your post from HJT forum to here Am I InfectedCan you run this and post the log please.run MBAM (MalwareBytes):NOTE: Before saving MBAM please rename it to zztoy.exe....now save it to your desktop.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/271009/cpu-freezes-crashes-ie-no-longer-works-wireless-network-drops-frequently/
Relevancy 51.6%

So one of my friends is running Vista -bit with her DXdiag attached I also have attached her Windows today a more recent Dxdiag Her computer was fine about two months ago and shes had it for months Then these quot freezes lockups quot started randomly throughout the day She'll be gaming or just browsing the internet with a few AIM MSN windows opened random programs will lock up and freeze while others stay perfectly functional Windows seldom freezes along with the programs but it does happen occasionally where she can't use task manager and the windows button is forced to freeze for about - minutes She hasn't had freezes above ish minutes because she manually shuts down her computer about that time Sometimes when she freezes she gets past bios and while windows was loading it sent her to a black screen that didn't load anything She had to keep restarting a couple of times and waiting ish minutes and eventually her windows loaded up She says this doesn't usually happen either She wiped about a month ago and it didn't really do anything At all She did a clean format reinstall of windows and these freezes - Freezes Formatted/Flashed/Memtested..- still freezes Program/Window persists Random still happen with the same occurrence rate severity duration I also have the event viewer logs of her Random Program/Window Freezes - Formatted/Flashed/Memtested..- freezes still persists system and programs They were taken right after the freezes Not sure if these help they seem like a bunch of crap to me but just incase I can't tell anything for certain from it but it does say there are some errors Now I made sure the drivers to her computer are updated windows vista is updated and these freezes still occur Heres what we tried I can't figure it out at all Searching for the bios for led me to find this Flash succeeded problems till persist Ran memtest for hours no errors Reformatted to retail stock with CDs in Vista -bit Ran without video drivers Ran in safe mode Dual booted into Windows windows updated fully fresh newest drivers installed for all motherboard components and video card All of these failed freezes still happen to random programs If anyone can figure this out it would be GREATLY appreciated

A:Random Program/Window Freezes - Formatted/Flashed/Memtested..- freezes still persists

These sound like hardware issues. Please run these free, bootable diagnostics:

Quote:

H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
http://www.carrona.org/memdiag.html (read the details at the link)
http://www.carrona.org/hddiag.html (read the details at the link)

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: http://www.carrona.org/malware.html (read the details at the link)

Post back with the results and we'll move on from there.
It won't hurt to run MemTest again - but I wouldn't put a priority on it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/random-program-window-freezes-formatted-flashed-memtested-freezes-still-persists-491061.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi All - Thankyou in Advance My issue is all the network can window Ping only window see 7 after test to desktops 10 Network tablet see each other but when u send or transfer to or from Network see only after Ping test window 10 tablet to window 7 desktops the tablet win - It cannot send through wireless network even through you can tend to see all networks name on the Network see only after Ping test window 10 tablet to window 7 desktops network list etc BUT after ping it shows st test no response and Network see only after Ping test window 10 tablet to window 7 desktops then nd to th shows ping and successful etc then I click on network and can see Send files to all networks or the network you choose etc as Previously but NOW you can send and receive files etc - it will only work after you ping - any ideas how to solve this Just a head up i was thinking its along power management in WiFi but it doesn't have a setting for it on window and make things worst after i think about minutes or so you have to ping again to see network etc It appears something going to sleep mode or power saver mode etc but wifi or network i cannot see any information or power mangement Please Help - This is doing my head in ha Also Try drivers update and window update no change

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/54383-network-see-only-after-ping-test-window-10-tablet-window-7-desktops.html
Relevancy 48.59%

hi.
i am using windows xp home on a wireless router while my bro is using windows xp pro on the LAN of the router. he is able to access my pc after i shared my drive but i couldnt access his at all. his is also shared and i hav set up a small network with the same name. i can see the name of his pc but i couldnt enter. the error msg reads :
" \\name of pc is not accessible. you might not have permission to use this network resource. contact the administrator of this server to find out if u have xs permissions. Logon failure : the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer"

my bros pc is on Norton antivirus 2005. and both our service pack is SP1.

thanx

A:window xp home cant connect to pc with window xp pro on a setuped small network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/window-xp-home-cant-connect-to-pc-with-window-xp-pro-on-a-setuped-small-network.423985/
Relevancy 48.16%

Virgin ar upgrading out internet to mb yay for free yay However at the moment we are using the virgin router to get the internet into the house and then using a Belkin play for the wireless netwrok to get internet the reason for this is that the Belkin router has a USB socket wireless play network simultaneously? network belkin and virgin wireless on it that we have a hard drive plugged into it with all our music on it so that we cna access our music from all the computers around the house This has worked fine fo rus for a while now However with Virgin upgrading the internet they are provinding some new superhub theri words wireless router for free and it makes sense to use it as I suspect it will be faster and able to cope with the mb internet speed We would however like to still access out hard drive from all around the house So is it possible to get out internet from the virgin wireless router and access the hard drive through our Belkin router So we need to access two wireless routers at the same time Is this easy or horrible complicated i will need to set up virgin wireless network and belkin play wireless network simultaneously? computers to do this - is running windows basic windows home premium windows virgin wireless network and belkin play wireless network simultaneously? professional running vista Sandy nbsp

A:virgin wireless network and belkin play wireless network simultaneously?

should be easy , I had to do the same with talktalk supplied router and my linksys router which had the harddrive via usb for music

what you do is here
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together
From a John Will Post

http://library.techguy.org/wiki/Connecting_two_SOHO_broadband_routers_together

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virgin-wireless-network-and-belkin-play-wireless-network-simultaneously.1048065/
Relevancy 45.58%

A while back i purchased a Tenda wireless dongle and started to use it instead of a very long winded wireless to wired connection bridge between two computers Anyway the dongle was suggested by a housemate who uses the exact same model and make on our wireless hub in the house Everything was fine until a few weeks after purchase it started to have issue connecting particularly after wireless restart/removal freezes dongle USB explorer until Wireless restart I tore several clumps of hair out trawling the internet to find a cure to the issue A friend even lent me a unique dongle but it provided a temporary fix before following in the same footsteps I even USB Wireless dongle freezes wireless until explorer restart/removal tried both dongles identical in make and model across the two PC's on the network they belonged to On both occasions each dongle connected instantly and without issue on the other PC and took a long time and eventually failed on my PC USB Wireless dongle freezes wireless until explorer restart/removal Finally i give up and went as far as re-installing windows fresh and slowly installing everything again including the dongle Everything was fine approximately - months until tonight were its decided to tell me that it cant find the network im trying to connect My housemate however is currently connected to the network fine and the PC with the same dongle connects as always without a hitch I've tried restarting both the wireless hub the dongle the computer the drivers disabling and re enabling everything that can possibly be connected with internet Whats weird is it does however find my network and a few others occasionally when it does i click connect and it freezes the wireless frame and anything to do with the wireless settings in windows This is only unfrozen when i either restart the PC or the adapter is removed I did try the troubleshoot tool provided by windows however this either tells me everything is fine or normally because my network is not present it wont go any further until i try and connect When i choose to remove the adapter physically everything unfreezes and it continues for a bit as if everything is fine and then realises its been removed and disconnects Like for example when i first uninstalled everything and removed all my saved networks it obviously asked me for the security code but only once i removed the dongle which was helpful Not What confuses me more is it randomness it sometimes shows the networks sometimes it doesnt It just there now while writing this and attempting to fix it allowed me to enter the security code but once i hit enter it proceeded to hang I tried the troubleshooter which as this point just replied with it cannot identify the problem Couple this with the fact that between today and yesterday i have changed nothing about either the USB or the router and i keep my computer protected with AV and firewall and yes i have tried temporarily turning these off incase they are interfering with the device and also different USB slots I'm a techy kinda guy and i enjoy the puzzles of troubleshooting but this ones got to the point where im gonna end up with a large credit card bill as i completely change my computer and i cant afford that to be frank Facts Device is working correctly and present in device manager All combinations of devices and drivers have been used with no resolution Repaired and troubleshooted restarted devices connected with wireless computer Issue is not repeatable and erratic at best no definitive causality Edit USB Model is Tenda W u v although i don't feel its relevant but i will be asked P Windows professional x All recent updates SP GB ram i No overclocking NVIDA GeForce GTX W Power supply Kept well cool via a multitude of fans and filters Any other information required just say if you want i'll do an ipconfig and post also

A:USB Wireless dongle freezes wireless until explorer restart/removal

Literally just finished and it works... Like I've done nothing different just pulled it out once more for the 8/9 time in the past few hours and its suddenly started working asked for security key connected within 1min or so. I don't trust it however and if any possible causes can be identified here i'll be glad.. in case it should happen again >.>

Many thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/208814-usb-wireless-dongle-freezes-wireless-until-explorer-restart-removal.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi there Apparently as the result of malware I suddenly received many detected viruses using Avira and Malware Bytes empty All is adapters connections and lost window network network I can no longer All network adapters lost and network connections window is empty access the internet The Network Connections window is completely blank and in the Device Manager every single driver All network adapters lost and network connections window is empty under Network Adapters net Adapter Direct Parallel Intel Pro Wireless Realtek WAN Miniport etc has a yellow exclamation mark I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers In some cases I got a message saying uninstallation is not allowed But in all cases even where I could uninstall and reinstall it didn t help at all I also already tried running regsvr netshell dll regsvr netcfgx dll regsvr netman dll Each routine was successful but didn t help Running quot Start netman start quot gives a response that it is already running Any advice Is there any way around reinstalling XP Will that even help I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro M running XP Professional Any advice is greatly appreciated I have been working on this to no avail for over hours nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

I ve recently upgraded my internet provider to BT and received a BT Home Hub as the new wireless router Previous to this I was using a wireless Belkin G MIMO ADSL router model number F D - There are places in the house where the wireless signal is very poor Connecting to the internet using either of these routers is difficult in these spots However since the Belkin is now spare I ve been thinking about trying to use it as a low cost repeater i e free to extend the wireless range in the house There are several good articles that I ve found on this a a link routers wireless network between two wireless wireless using Extend site which address the connection of two routers together e g John Will s article on connecting two SOHO routers is a good example but they rely on an ethernet connection between the two routers I m just wondering if anyone can tell me if there is a way to establish a wireless link between the two routers to extend the range of the current wireless network Cheers everyone and thanks in advance nbsp

A:Extend a wireless network using a wireless link between two wireless routers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extend-a-wireless-network-using-a-wireless-link-between-two-wireless-routers.1074102/
Relevancy 44.72%

Bought this HP computer last year as Windows 8 and subsequently updated it to 8.1. In both versions, the computer freezes multiple times per day while playing Facebook farm games. Ram: 10 gig, 9.8 useable, Processor: AMD FX 6200 six core processor 3.8 GHz, 64 bit OS x64bit processor. When it freezes, must "X" out of FB and start over from desk top page. Sometimes it also freezes in Pogo games as well but not anywhere near as much as FB. I've checked for and updated Windows and checked for driver updates as well. None of the drivers required updates and the system says they are operating normally. The only other symptom is a window pops up sometimes saying that the computer lost Internet connection even though my other computer is still on the Internet (Windows 7). Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi I got some problem When I drag any window Such as fireFox or anything else around it freezes some times and goes freezes Window slow like Window freezes when I drag it around top of another window it freezes and tuck and keep going slowly Some times not but most of the times keep going slow I didn't had this problem before I Window freezes installed my graphics card driver and everything seems to be good And I just re-installed OS for this PC had others problems Like I had a Dual Boot system but when I try to login in XP it gives me errors when I get it like quot Didn't found my documents quot kind of errors and was going way to slow same problem with vista before format windows bar goes white and PC freezes and windows Explorer dont work and icons keep going wansnt in mode to fix it so I had to format and install OS again This time I installed vista ultimatex only And that problem above which im having atm Any ideas to solve it will be really glad Thanks in advance Best regards -Scott The solution Okay I feel really dump but I will post it cause other people may face the same problem Window freezes aswell I changed the vista themes into Aero is solved it

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/182078-window-freezes.html
Relevancy 44.72%

My PC completely freezes after a minute of logging in and I don't know why. It's happened to me before but it was fixed by keeping it turned off overnight. This time, however that didn't work.

Also, the login screen, where you choose the user, does not freeze after a few minutes. The pc only freezes after choosing the user.However, I've discovered that being in safe mode doesn't trigger the freeze. Any way to solve this?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/594129/pc-freezes-window-7/
Relevancy 44.72%

hi

I am not a tech, but I sense a serious problem on my windows 7. Here's what is happening. I have trouble booting into windows using a repair disc or and installation disc. It only boots up to menu in boot manager and when I choose any of the items ( safemode, debugging mode etc) it just goes about 10% and freezes. I tried a clean installation and it does not give me the start up screen where I can repair windows. Can someone help me plze.

A:window 7 freezes

You don't say how old your computer is but assuming it's not brand new, note that DVD/CD players can fail. First you might clean the lens, or try a different DVD/CD.

Does it boot up to the HDD, or is that having problems too?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/window-7-freezes-686503.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Every so often, my WiFi on my PC will just stop working. It will disconnect from my wireless network, and then when I try to manually connect, it's not listed. Sometimes a restart works, sometimes it doesn't. This last time I had to restart twice. I know the WiFi router is not having problems, because my phone and AppleTV stay connected and stream just fine. The first times I noticed this, I was actually browsing the web and talking on Steam when it occurred. The last two times however, I left my computer on to finish up some downloads, came back in the morning, and it had disconnected and corrupted my downloads. Any help is greatly appreciated, so thank you in advance.

A:Wireless network disconnects, then fails to see the wireless network

Hello and welcome to 7 Forums ShaneLj.

Is this wifi adapter plugged into your PCi or PCIe slot in the desktop or a USB type adapter?
Would be helpful to also know what brand and model the wifi adapter is in order to Identify any issues that a manufacturer might already have a fix for.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/332090-wireless-network-disconnects-then-fails-see-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 44.72%

My wireless card in my Compaq Presario works fine and Windows 8 detects it and said it was compatible. For some strange reason though it's not working in Windows 8. It hasn't detected my wireless network. Currently I am connecting using a cable.
The card is Qualcomm Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g WIFI Adaptor.

I am trying to do a Google search on this issue, is it me but is this device not compatible with Windows 8 despite Window 8 saying so? I have updated the drivers through Windows Update, but it still can't find my Wireless network even though Windows 7 did originally before my upgrade.

A:Wireless network card not finding my wireless network ?

I have done a diagnosis and here's what it says (if this helps)

Windows Network Diagnostics
Publisher details

Issues found

Problem with wireless
adapter or access point
Problem
with wireless adapter or access point
Not fixed
[IMG]res://sdiageng.dll/error.png[/IMG]

Investigate router or access point issues

Failed

Reset the wireless adapter

Completed

Issues found
Detection details

Problem with wireless adapter or
access point
Not fixed
[IMG]res://sdiageng.dll/error.png[/IMG]

Investigate router or access point
issues
Failed

If you're
connected to a hotspot or domain network, contact the network administrator.
Otherwise: 1. Unplug or turn off the device. 2. Once all of the lights on the
device are off, wait at least 10 seconds. 3. Turn the device back on or plug it
back into the power outlet. To restart a router or access point that has a
built-in battery, press and quickly release the Reset
button.

Reset the wireless adapter
Completed

[IMG]res://sdiageng.dll/info.png[/IMG]

Network Diagnostics Log

File Name:
7ED87DA3-1B14-4D13-818C-E2F28AF39562.Repair.1.etl

Detection details
[IMG]res://sdiageng.dll/collapse.png[/IMG]

Diagnostics Information (Wireless
Connectivity)

Details about wireless connectivity diagnosis: Information for connection being diagnosed Interface GUID: ce41e296-363d-406b-a232-35fcd0cc7e33 Interface name: Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g WiFi Adapter Interface type: LegacyConnection incident diagnosedList of visible access point(s): 0 item(s) total, 0 item(s) displayedConnection History

Diagnostics Information (Wireless
Connectivity)

Details about wireless connectivity diagnosis: For complete information about this session see the wireless connectivity information event.Helper Class: Auto Configuration Initialise status: SuccessInformation for connection being diagnosed Interface GUID: ce41e296-363d-406b-a232-35fcd0cc7e33 Interface name: Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g WiFi Adapter Interface type: LegacyResult of diagnosis: Problem foundRoot cause:This computer cannot connect to wireless networksThe wireless network adapter on this computer is not working properly.Detailed root cause:This computer's wireless network adapter is not readyRepair option:Resetting your wireless network adapterThis will disable and then enable the network adapter "WiFi" on this computer.

Network Diagnostics Log

File Name:
7ED87DA3-1B14-4D13-818C-E2F28AF39562.Diagnose.0.etl

Other Networking Configuration and
Logs

File Name:
NetworkConfiguration.cab

Collection information

Computer Name:
SHADOWDAN-PC

Windows Version:

Architecture:
x86

Time:
30 October 2012
21:18:30

Publisher details
[IMG]res://sdiageng.dll/expand.png[/IMG]

Windows Network Diagnostics

Detects problems with
network connectivity.

Package Version:

Publisher:
Microsoft Windows

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/11224-wireless-network-card-not-finding-my-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi
I have a LAN with two computers with Windows 7 SP1 Enterprise, a NAS and a network printer multifunction.
This network is managed by a hardware firewall. The two computers do not have any firewall and antivirus and all network devices have the same workgroup.
On the network window of a computer, all network devices are displayed immediately. While, on the other computer, the computer with Windows 7 immediately appears; however, the other network devices were displayed after a long wait.
Since yesterday, on this computer, only this network devices are no more displayed; while the other computer displays all regularly.
Thanks
Bye

Balubeto

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1a538f20-65f3-4051-a431-19fd597f9483/the-network-window-not-does-list-the-network-device?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 44.29%

I m running Vista Home SP on my laptop and my Windows Explorer freezes randomly and often and stays frozen for several minutes at a time It doesn t matter what application I use or whether I m using IE It is happening more often every day HijackThis results are below Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x ReviverSoft Driver Reviver DriverReviver exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Canon Canon IJ Network Scan Utility CNMNSUT exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqToaster exe C Explorer Freezes Window Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HiJackThis exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore Window Explorer Freezes exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Windows SysWow Macromed Flash FlashUtil e exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files x Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go Window Explorer Freezes microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp Window Explorer Freezes locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main First Home Page http g msn com me IE ENUS R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - BC E FA- EF- - C- A C A - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Canon Easy-WebPrint EX BHO - D AD-BFFF- F -BF B-A C FED - C Program Files x Canon Easy-WebPrint EX ewpexbho dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Norton Internet Security Engine IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch - C D FE-E D- -BB - C E E C E - no file O - BHO MSN Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - C Program Files x MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO HP Smart BHO Class - FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp BHO dll O - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Norton Int... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/window-explorer-freezes.918782/
Relevancy 44.29%

I ve been having some problems with my operator system freezing when a new window is opened I ve been experiencing this problem for a while XP new a opened. is Freezes window when but with Win and as the system was over years old I decided to have an all round upgrade of the machine and software I am one of these types XP Freezes when a new window is opened. of people who doesn t understand computers so have had some help upgrading the system from a relative who does I have had a new motherboard memory processor bought as a pre made bundle and hard drive installed and have installed Win XP and used my old cd rom cd burner and graphics card from my old system The first problem we encountered was it wasn t allowing us to partition the hard drive as we had done with the old so my relative installed to partition the hard drive then installed XP from XP Freezes when a new window is opened. there XP is all up and running now but after it has opened or windows it freezes and completely XP Freezes when a new window is opened. locks out has anyone any ideas as to why it is doing this or where we may have gone wrong on the install any help or advice greatly appreciated as I m starting to loose faith in our abilities to do this

A:XP Freezes when a new window is opened.

If 98 was installed and then XP installed on to it as an upgrade, that could be the cause of your problem. When you add an operating system to an existing one (ie an upgrade) that can introduce all kinds of problems. You will have much better stability if you install xp on to an empty partition with no files or other operating system on it. Plus you must ensure that any devices (graphics card, printer, sound etc.) are all using drivers which are xp compatible. XP has a very wide range of device drivers which install automatically during setup if it detects a device which matches it's database. Such devices will work straight away after setup has finished, but for any devices which need external drivers just make sure they are xp compatible --- you can ignore any warnings Windows might give you about a driver not having passed quality testing -- just click 'install anyway'. But I'm convinced the way to go is to repeat xp setup using an empty partition.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/29418/xp-freezes-when-a-new-window-is-opened/
Relevancy 44.29%

Really would appreciate help on this...My Windows 7, IE 11 has slowed down to a crawl and constantly freezes up now to the point it is almost impossible to use. What can I do to remedy the problems?
I am now on my old XP to get this message through to you all. W7 freezes each time I connect to your site for one and many others. Thanks, HJ.

A:Window 7, IE 11 Very Slow and Freezes Up

Try resetting IE's parameters (using the button on the last tab in "Internet Settings" from the Control Panel)?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/window-7-ie-11-very-slow-and-1147409.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have tried searching online for different solutions but I have yet to encounter a problem that is very similar to mine Basically when I boot up and log in to my account everything is swift and fine I open my first program normally Chrome and then surf the web Then once I try and open a different program or a new window with Chrome then it suddenly just freezes It will be fine after about seconds then everything starts to become choppy until windows explorer suddenly crashes and I am left with no choice but to force shut down my laptop I then go through the same process again As long as I stick to one window and one program then everything is smooth until of course a Everything opened when new is freezes window I try to open a new window or program then my whole system eventually crashes I have been using Windows for about two months now and this is the first time I have encountered a problem with it Please help me if you can as my assignments are due in Everything freezes when a new window is opened this week and I need to be able to multi-task with my laptop Thanks in advance

A:Everything freezes when a new window is opened

[QUOTE=oscar90;415823]I have tried searching online for different solutions but I have yet to encounter a problem that is very similar to mine.

Basically when I boot up and log in to my account everything is swift and fine. I open my first program (normally Chrome) and then surf the web. Then once I try and open a different program or a new window with Chrome then it suddenly just freezes. It will be fine after about 10 seconds then everything starts to become choppy until windows explorer suddenly crashes and I am left with no choice but to force shut down my laptop. I then go through the same process again. As long as I stick to one window and one program then everything is smooth, until of course I try to open a new window or program then my whole system eventually crashes.

I have been using Windows 7 for about two months now and this is the first time I have encountered a problem with it. Please help me if you can as my assignments are due in this week and I need to be able to multi-task with my laptop.

If you need a quick fix. Just use System Restore and go back to a point in time, prior to the problem. Once working make a system image and put it away. Any future problems, you can use system image to go back to that point in time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/43376-everything-freezes-when-new-window-opened.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Really would appreciate help on this...My Windows 7, IE 11 has slowed down to a crawl and constantly freezes up now to the point it is almost impossible to use. What can I do to remedy the problems?
I am now on my old XP to get this message through to you all. W7 freezes each time I connect to your site for one and many others. Thanks, HJ.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/window-7-ie-11-very-slow-and-freezes-up-1147409.html
Relevancy 44.29%

A:Window 7, IE 11 Very Slow and Freezes Up

Try resetting IE's parameters (using the button on the last tab in "Internet Settings" from the Control Panel)?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/window-7-ie-11-very-slow-and-freezes-up-1147409.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I recently incured a problem downloading files through internet explorer 7 and 6, the problem is that when i start my download it reachs 99% done then the whole thing freezes, sometimes it will say verifying download but will not go any further. The only way to close that window is to do it through task manager, which also shuts down any other window using internet explorer. By doing this some downloads are still valid but others are not, i have restored to IE6 but have the same problem.....
has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know how to fix this ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/download-window-freezes-232832.html
Relevancy 44.29%

arrrgh what does this mean, a new window opens and the address says htp://210.83.101/sp19/pdf.php blah blah blah and then everything freezes.. what do i do.. i read somewhere it could be some bloodhound stuff?? and i also read that adobe reader is crap so i got rid of that, will that fix my problem? thanks in advance

A:pdf window opens and everything freezes?

Hi,Welcome here. I think you opened a PFD-file with malicious content.Let's take a look.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on Download_mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below)The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/210793/pdf-window-opens-and-everything-freezes/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello everyone!

2 weeks Windows 7 freezes. If browsing can freeze within minutes. If streaming may take 30 minutes.

Works fine in safe mode.

I have ran multiple antivirus and malware scans but only in safe mode as freezes in normal mode and nothing showed.

Previous system restores failed and now no restore points located.

I fear from online browsing that nobody can fix this. Please help.

I can post any logs you ask for. Should i post as notepad attachment or paste?

A:Problem about freezes in window 7

Hello everyone!
I have started getting browser redirects to XXX sites and others.
This problem persists on all browsers - IE, Firefox and Chrome. Dolphin browser on my android also has similar redirects now - so could have been a problem that originated through a wireless router hack/virus.
Any suggestions are welcome. Already ran Malwarebytes and could not solve the issue.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/570395/problem-about-freezes-in-window-7/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi Everyone new to this so i thought i would join and ask?
When i try to update windows security and driver updates the window freezes
could anybody help me please
Regards Soccerref

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/update-window-in-xp-pro-freezes.244035/
Relevancy 44.29%

I am using Window 7, Up IE Very Freezes Re: 11 and Slow IE- with Windows bit After I open Explorer from the start menu I go to the Tools gear icon Re: Window 7, IE 11 Very Slow and Freezes Up in the upper left corner select safety gt In Private Browsing and it opens that window I close the original window and continue on I Re: Window 7, IE 11 Very Slow and Freezes Up can close and open the Explorer from the start menu several times and all works well I see that option presented which I select and it goes on However then I act as someone paying Re: Window 7, IE 11 Very Slow and Freezes Up attention and use CCleaner to get rid of all my extraneous files that may be left behind from my browsing I then go to the start menu to open Explorer and the In Private option is no longer available I am guessing that it got trashed by the cleaner but in my experimenting I have not been able to find which file needs to stay around for me to have the In Private Browsing option available from the start menu Can you help Is it possible to have the In Private Browsing option used when opening the Explorer from a shortcut icon on the desktop

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/re-window-7-ie-11-very-slow-and-freezes-up-1152353.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Frequently when I have a window open whether it be in windows explorer or going to different websites using Firefox or IE the window freezes I cannot click a link to a different website or to a different section in explorer I found the only solution to fix this is to click on the task bar at the bottom first then i can click on a link Sometimes this also does Constant freezes window not work that s when i do ctl-alt-del I dont have to delete anything from there just open that up Then again I can click on links I also can not select things from drop down menus with my mouse only using down Constant window freezes arrow I updated to SP and did all available updates thinking something maybe that would fix it but it did not Now i just reinstalled windows This also did not fix it I am stumped I did a scan on my hard drive but found no errors Could it be a motherboard problem Any help would be appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/constant-window-freezes.827728/
Relevancy 44.29%

After about 4-5 hours of lighting fast computer use my computer will give me a busy icon mouse. All action's will stop the cpu usage will go from 25% to 100% like it's

downloading a huge file. I completely restarted my computer to the factory settings (i don't know the technical name for it) but the problem seems to persist.

When i run hijackthis the first thing that pops up is " for some reason your system denied write access to host file" I than try to save the report without the host file than

this pops up "cannot find the C:/Program Files (x86)\TrendMicro\HiJackThis\hijackthis.log file.
Do you want to create a new file?"

When i click yes nothing happens. im not use if this is some hi tech virus or just some window's 7/Hp G61<--- (my 5 month old laptop name) glitch any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Window's freezes after about 6 hours of use

It sounds like your computer is overheating. Download SpeedFan http://majorgeeks.com/SpeedFan_d337.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/327009/windows-freezes-after-about-6-hours-of-use/
Relevancy 44.29%

When I start XP it gets to the Black page that shows Windows XP and the small bar beneath it that gives the appearance of loading. Once it gets here it just stops however, the bar keeps going. I am able to start in safe mode. I have switched video cards and disabled my USB ports. I don't know what else to do. Can you help??
THanks

Jack

Relevancy 44.29%

Hi Group I hope someone can help me out with my Computer problem My System HP Desktop computer model m c Running Windows XP SP This Win XP freezes startup window. on first computer is about years old My Problem When I first start up the computer I get the HP Blue company screen Photos enclose Then everything stops I press the F F Esc all at separate startup times while its trying to start No good I don t even get to the windows Logo screen or the login screen Keyboard plugged into computer lites Win XP freezes on first startup window. up but does nothing I get some text on the lower left of screen when I press F But nothing happens Then I put the recovery disc in while starting up but no good It spins but nothing happens I took the hard drive out and tested it It works great Then I changed the small battery I think in the Bios Still nothing happens I m stuck on that first screen Any help will be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

Everytime a new IE window is opened the computer locks up freezes for about to seconds Everything else is sluggish Thanks for the help Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Larry on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- HijackThis run as Larry exe ----------------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS 1 Window for freezes to 2 New Seconds. IE7 computer system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI eEBSVC exe C Program Files Broadcom ASFIPMon AsfIpMon exe C Program Files Autodesk Data Management Server Server Webserver Connectivity EDMWS Server exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C OrCAD license manager Lmgrd exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaantmon exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgam exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG New IE7 Window freezes computer for 1 to 2 Seconds. AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Smith Micro StuffIt ArcNameService exe C WINDOWS New IE7 Window freezes computer for 1 to 2 Seconds. system UTSCSI EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaanotif exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator AudioCentral RxMon exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S IC EXE C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator AudioCentral Playlist exe C Program Files Common Files Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exe C Documents and Settings Larry Desktop dss exe C PROGRA TRENDM HIJACK Larry exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www google com ig dell hl en amp us amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www worldusa com search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www worldusa com search R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL http www google com ig dell hl en amp us amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http www worldusa com search php s ORID A amp q s R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer ftp localhost http localhost https localhost R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program... Read more

Relevancy 43.86%

Greetings everyone I m having a dog of a time with IE on a Win machine It seems that any time a new window should pop open IE Explorer Internet new window Freezes upon just hangs for a minute or two and never opens the window This happens whenever I click on a link which opens a new window Internet Explorer Freezes upon new window or when I right-click and select quot Open In New Window quot I have tried SpyBot Adaware and the MS AntiSpyware They found a lot of junk which I removed but the problem just Internet Explorer Freezes upon new window doesn t want to go away I have included a HijackThis log as I can see from searches that it is useful in finding the culprit However I can Internet Explorer Freezes upon new window t make heads or tails of it Any help would be greatly appreciated -Bob Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C winnt System smss exe C winnt system winlogon exe C winnt system services exe C winnt system lsass exe C winnt system svchost exe C winnt system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Netropa Multimedia Keyboard nhksrv exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exe C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C winnt System nvsvc exe C winnt system regsvc exe C winnt system MSTask exe C winnt system stisvc exe C Program Files Turtle Beach AudioStation tbaspi exe C Program Files ORL VNC WinVNC exe C WINNT System mspmspsv exe C winnt system svchost exe C winnt Explorer EXE C Program Files Netropa Multimedia Keyboard MMKeybd exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C winnt system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Netropa Multimedia Keyboard mmusbkb exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Netropa Onscreen Display OSD exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe C WINNT SYSTEM TBCTRAY EXE C winnt system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C winnt system ntvdm exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Projects Spy HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ycomp wave defaults su http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ycomp wave defaults su http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - C AAD- - cbd- - A C E D - C winnt system req dat O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO CATLEvents Object - ED -D B- A B-BBD - F E E A - C winnt WINDOW tcpanti dll O - Toolbar msdxmLC dll email protected amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE NvQTwk NvCplDaemon initialize O - HKLM Run PROMon exe PROMon xexe O - HKLM Run MULTIMEDIA KEYBOARD C Program Files Netropa Multimedia Keyboard MMKeybd exe O - HKLM Run WinVNC quot C Program Files ORL VNC WinVNC exe quot -servicehelper O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run dla C winnt system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run StorageGuard quot C Program Files VERITAS Software Update Manager sgtray exe quot r O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync e... Read more

Relevancy 43.86%

I have just changed the motherboard and case of my pc, installing win xp on it became a problem. It freezes when it got to copying driver.cab and does happen 11% of the process. I have examined the ram(1 gig),300 hdd, motherboard etc, nothing faulty was found. Can anybody out there help?

I will appreciate it

Thanks
oyokay

A:Window Xp installation freezes at driver.cab

Try a quick clean of the CD - that's what happened to me recently. Look closely at the disk, is it in good condition? Is there any damage?

MBN

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/window-xp-installation-freezes-at-driver-cab.764439/
Relevancy 43.86%

I worked with Bill Castner at the AumHa forum to solve this problem. However, nothing I did solved it. I will post a link to our conversation here. I had already used many of the software programs suggested. The last thing he suggested was to get rid of Adware Alert, which I did. Does anyone have any suggestions?

http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?p=177260#177260

Thank you.

Susan Boyd

A:typing in address bar in IE freezes window

Hello and welcome to TSF

what version of IE do you have

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/typing-in-address-bar-in-ie-freezes-window-214047.html
Relevancy 43.86%

when I type a complete website address in the URL window it doesn't respond it just sits there. I can still use favorites and if a website was viewed prior and pulls up possible matches before completion of the typed address and I click on it it will navigate.

But when I try to use the drop down window it freezes completely and I have to shut it down in task manager or it won't navigate if I type something in.

I haven't done anything to the computer or IE specifically. I did download UltraVNC recently but it was working when I did that. I even shut that down completely and restarted the computer and still the same thing. Other browsers work fine such as AOL.

Anybody heard of this before?

A:My IE freezes when I try to use the history drop down window AND..

I restored my system to a previous day and it worked for about two minutes until we logged onto the computer again. I follow a couple of fixes by putting a system scan or whatever it was into the run command box. I can't figure it out. I even uninstalled everything that I put on since it was last know to work correctly.

PLLLLEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSEEEEE somebody help. I can't find anything remotely close to this on the microsoft site either.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/my-ie-freezes-when-i-try-to-use-the-history-drop-down-window-and-97532.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Whenever I open an explorer window and right-click on a _folder_ (it seems not to
happen with files) the window freezes indefinitly.

If I open another window while this is frozen and right-click on a folder again,
it is fine and brings up the menu fine.

What is this problem!?? I have been forced to either leave a frozen window open or
force quit out of explorer, which is a problem.

Using yKill, I see that the following are frozen:
comctl32.dll
BROWSEUI.dll
SHELL32.dll
SHLWAPI.dll
SHLWAPI.dll
BROWSEUI.dll
AcroIEHelper.dll
comctl32.dll
BROWSEUI.dll

Any help would be greatly aprreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/explorer-window-freezes-at-right-click-help.469361/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello, I currently have a 2.6Mhz pentium 4 ht processer with a gforce fx 5600 128mb graphics card, and one gig of ram.

My problem is that whenever i log in and the desktop loads, the taskbar loads and the programs i have set to load on startup load, it totally locks up my computer, and the clash light stays on, no blinking. I have to reset many times to get it to actually get in without freezing(like now) and sometimes it even freezes in the first startup screen before it even gets to the xp loading screen. Any help would be very appreciated.

A:Window XP freezes on desktop and startup

list your specs including the power supply
d/l and run your h/d manufacturers diognostic utility on the h/d

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/window-xp-freezes-on-desktop-and-startup-41135.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have one or two previously installed from a while ago, but I don't remember having this problem then. Every time (after I've downloaded and unzipped the font) I try to drag/extract/use the fonts window to get the file into the fonts folder, the window completely freezes. Any ideas?

This shoudl be really easy, but I really don't know what the problem is .

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/window-freezes-whenever-trying-to-install-new-font-302031.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Just installed iTunes to computers OK on desktop clicking on Help About iTunes causes the correct small pane at screen centre to open c w scrolling version amp copyright info Minimize and Close buttons on the title bar function as normal Maximize is greyed out So no problem there then Repeating this on my Dell Latitude C Notebook Win XP Pro SP causes the About iTunes pane to appear at top left correct size but inside a larger black window with the About iTunes title bar now full width at top The data is scrolling as it should within the small pane But clicking on Minimize or Close buttons on the title bar causes iTunes to crash CPU is busy with iTunes exe Only way to recover is to End Task in Task Manager Start again but this time once full screen About iTunes is visible apply Alt F This closes the About iTunes pane correctly Open Help About iTunes again rt-click wthin the title bar and select Restore About iTunes pane shrinks and is now OK at centre of screen as it should be data still scrolling within it Minimize and Close buttons crash it as before Repeat again this time rt-clicking within the full width title freezes window XP About iTunes Solved: bar Select Minimize and it goes to taskbar and can be Maximized from there OK So any attempt to Solved: About iTunes XP window freezes use the Minimize or Close buttons causes iTunes to hang and hog CPU time Context menu clicks are OK Only way to recover is via Task Manager I have tried multiple uninstalls reinstalls of iTunes even resorting to use of first Windows Install Clean Up and later Perfect Uninstaller to erase all traces of the application before the new installation of iTunes I have also performed a full XP Repair bringing the OS back to current Win XP Pro SP status via Windows Updates Even removed and reinstalled both Java JRE Update and Adobe Flash Player ActiveX All made no difference to the result This has to be a problem between iTunes itself and XP possibly a corrupted or missing library file or a parameter issue with a library call Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to debug this or better fix it nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

Hello all My computer is about a year old It is running XP Pro SP with the latest microsoft patches I When Is Pro 6 Ie Computer Window Freezes Xp Launch have zonealarm internet security suite from Zonelabs This computer is used primarily for running two applications About two weeks ago whenever I launch IE the computer freezes and i need to power off and power on the computer The computer will run as long as i don't launch IE internet connection is TimeWarner Roadrunner cable modem with a linksys router I have updated the BIOS firmware and drivers for the computer and the peripherals that are attached I brought the computer down to minimum configuration no peripherals attached no network attached tried Xp Pro Computer Freezes When Ie 6 Window Is Launch dial-up Even when I disconnect the computer from the network i launch IE the computer will freeze Memory have been upgrade to GB and have de-install the applications Still same problem I have rolled the OS back and still the same Hopefully I have not left any important info I am at my wits' end I checked with the computer company to query their support database and could not find anything I have three other computers with no issues Tonight I am going to boot up in safemode Thanks for you help Esther

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/51677/xp-pro-computer-freezes-when-ie-6-window-is-launch/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a dell computer,window 7. it shuts down by itself when i'm browsing the web or any other thing, it takes very very long to start up and sometime it don't go to the welcome screen, it gets blue screen instead and freeze, it also freezes when i'm browsing. I don't know what to do. the last 2 times i took it to a computer technician to fix it, he delete all my files on my computer completely. but the problem was fix. not taking it to him again. i need someone here to help me please.

Relevancy 43.86%

I looked around the forum and saw similar posts but I could not decide if it is the same problem.
So, I tried to "reinstall-repair" my PC from window XP service pack 2 CD. It freezes at "37 minutes left." I restarted it about 2 times (may be I shouldn't have! :( ) after waiting for about 40 mins the first 2 times. This is the third time and I am thinking to wait longer.
There were some suggestions that I should delete .int file but when I go to shift +F10, I could not find .int file.
Should I reformat it or what other thing could I do?

Thank you,

A:Window Installation freezes at 37 minutes

Are you installing this on a clean HDD that has been wiped of any data?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/window-installation-freezes-at-37-minutes-829114.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Thanks in advance for your assistance I built a new system with W HP bit and it keeps freezing I have followed advise in countless threads and am tired of beating my head against the desk Please help Here is Premium 7 Freezes Home Window the most recent log file of a Kernal-Power critical error It resets in a hard reset Quote - lt Event xmlns quot http Window 7 Home Premium Freezes schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Window 7 Home Premium Freezes Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt mw Desktop lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt

A:Window 7 Home Premium Freezes

I was just able to get this information:

Quote:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 00000000
BCP2: 864C78FC
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\091410-17640-01.dmp
C:\Users\Marshall\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-31734-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I don't know if this will help either:

Quote:
==================================================
Dump File : 091410-17640-01.dmp
Crash Time : 9/14/2010 11:32:29 PM
Bug Check String :
Bug Check Code : 0x00000124
Parameter 1 : 0x00000000
Parameter 2 : 0x864c78fc
Parameter 3 : 0x00000000
Parameter 4 : 0x00000000
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+322493
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft? Windows? Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7600.16617 (win7_gdr.100618-1621)
Processor : 32-bit
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\091410-17640-01.dmp
Processors Count : 3
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7600

Dump File : 091410-18703-01.dmp
Crash Time : 9/14/2010 11:25:48 PM
Bug Check String :
Bug Check Code : 0x00000124
Parameter 1 : 0x00000000
Parameter 2 : 0x85afc8fc
Parameter 3 : 0x00000000
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+322493
File Description : NT Kernel & System
File Version : 6.1.7600.16617 (win7_gdr.100618-1621)
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\091410-18703-01.dmp

Dump File : 091110-27187-01.dmp
Crash Time : 9/11/2010 5:21:14 PM
Bug Check String : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Bug Check Code : 0x00000050
Parameter 1 : 0xffffff8b
Parameter 2 : 0x00000001
Parameter 3 : 0x92a956d5
Caused By Driver : tcpip.sys
Caused By Address : tcpip.sys+f9438
File Description : TCP/IP Driver
File Version : 6.1.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\091110-27187-01.dmp

I'm am so frustrated!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/111318-window-7-home-premium-freezes.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have had this hp for about month. ultimate 64, 4gb, 8600gt, and pretty much standard stuff. MY computer will freeze up while browsing the internet, watching tv through windows media center, or listening to itunes. Sometimes it is a full freeze up, other times i can move the mouse but nothing on the screen is responding. Any suggestions? Thankyou!

A:Windows freezes or window locks

Hi joe2six, welcome to the board.

I have just answer to the thread with similar problem. Suggestions I made it pretty much a routine trouble shoot. Instead of typing it over, hope you don't mind I just paste the link. Please take a look and disregard the pionts that doesn't apply.

Here you go and post back.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-disc...ue-screen.html

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/198008-windows-freezes-window-locks.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I hear no sound on startup, games, online videos, nothing. Yet, all my volume settings are maximized and not muted. Wuddup? Also, my laptop freezes, not just on windows startup, but also during web surfing, either that or it gets really slow. I have a Sprint Aircard for accessing the Web, and XP, IE, 1.3GB, 30GB, 30GHZ. I can't even use my voice-recognition softward for word-processing. It crashes completely. It requires 1GB of Ram, so is my 1.3GB sufficient? I had downloaded Norton Utilities, but when I heard about its problems, I uninstalled it from the Control Panel Uninstall Add/Remove. However, I still get a Norton Virus-Check notice on some downloads. Do I need to download McAffee?

As you can see, this is several issues (No sound, freezups, voice-recognition, and Norton).

Thanks for your help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/volume-went-dead-and-window-startup-freezes.677255/
Relevancy 43.43%

please help my internet explorer keeps freezing on me when i open a new explorer window the second window that i open doesnt freeze but the first one when explorer HELP freezes 2 opening window. internet does it started about a week internet explorer freezes when opening 2 window. HELP ago when i did a defrag i dont know if that had anything to do with it sense its started the computer has gotten slow and has started to freeze it will randomly open several internet explorer freezes when opening 2 window. HELP explorers for no reason iv used spewer doctor adaware se and avast to try to fix it always finds things and cleans them the computer seems to work fine until i try to open the second internet explorer it does the same thing and then after some time the computer starts freexing again i dont get it iv also used sfc scannow to try and fix the problem but no help i downloaded hijack this and here is the report please help me thank you Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor sdhelp exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C Program Files MusicMatch MusicMatch Jukebox mmtask exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files eBay eBay Toolbar eBayTBDaemon exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exe C PROGRA SPYWAR swdoctor exe C Program Files Dell AIO Printer A dlbkbmgr exe C Program Files Dell AIO Printer A dlbkbmon exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Documents and Settings guillermo Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO eBay Toolbar Helper - D E - A E- DFB- E-AAB F BD - C Program Files eBay eBay Toolbar eBayTB dll O - BHO DosSpecFolder Object - E BEA - D - -B - B D D - C WINDOWS system jkklk dll O - BHO UberButton Class - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO PCTools Site Guard - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdsg dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO YahooTaggedBM Class - D A - CA - B-BB - D EFB A - C Program Files Yahoo Common YIeTagBm dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO PCTools Browser Monitor - B A D D- - C -A - DF C AC - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdpb dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar eBay Toolbar - AD -F A- D-BD -B CC DF CE - C Program Files eBay eBay Toolbar eBayTB dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run PCMService quot C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe quot O - HKLM ... Read more

Relevancy 43.43%

Hi

I got windows 7 packard bell desktop runing intel core 2 quad with 3gb ram and 500gb sata HDD
motherboard info: http://www.e4allupgraders.info/dir1/motherboards/socket775/ecsMCP73VT-PM.shtml

whenever i want to open the mkv file the ram memory increases and cpu starts to go up,

what's the problem and how can I fix it

only inception folder doesn't seem to work

screenshot:
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/opening-mkv-6-55gb-file-window-7-freezes.968401/
Relevancy 43.43%

I pressed F8 because I was getting an error installing a program, and was going to run sfc \scannow...instead, it took me to an all black screen with windows 7 ultimate in the bottom middle, the red restart button in the lower right, and a blue gear looking thing in the left corner that when clicked on took you to a screen that was called 'windows ease of access', where it gave you dumb options like sticky keys.

This is as far as the startup goes. I've tried everything on that screen, and all the computer does is restart. Any ideas on how to bypass it?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/413856/window-7-ease-of-access-freezes-computer/
Relevancy 43.43%

Videos freezes and crashes in web browser or just watching a movie. Tried all different kids of browsers, codecs, drivers and flash. It doesn't work. Please help!Laptop model: Lenovo G505sOperating system: Windows 10Thank you!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Video-freezes-and-crashes-in-web-browser-or-Windows-programs/td-p/3317391
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello I have a Dell N Laptop running Windows Home Two weeks ago stupidly in haste clicked to open a file which launched a but restarts "ransomware"? Window 7 after shutdown freezes at screen that stated I have downloaded illegal content looked very similar to Your computer has been locked Ransomware screens in the Virus Removal section of this site I shut down ran AVG anti virus no luck restarted computer and from there the pc progressively started to Not shut down then would not start up I tried to restore pc ran Window 7 restarts but freezes at shutdown after "ransomware"? Anti virus in Safe Mode etc I did a clean install of Windows installed Avast Anti Virus and tried a USB Boot w Hitman Kickstart No luck same symptoms The pc only displayed that one screen of ransomeware one time after that the only problem the computer shows is that the computer WILL Window 7 restarts but freezes at shutdown after "ransomware"? restart NO shutdown because freezes after a few seconds on shutdown screen and I have to push the start up button until it shuts down also the computer stays black and unresponsive if I allow it to sleep but lights are on and will drain the battery Window 7 restarts but freezes at shutdown after "ransomware"? and stay on all night if I don't force shutdown and last night the computer decided to start up two times after I forced it to shut down the pc started itself from a shutdown state about every hours Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks

A:Window 7 restarts but freezes at shutdown after "ransomware"?

Hello Konakolo and welcome to Bleeping Computer!
I am D-FRED-BROWN and I will be helping you.

Here's what I'd like you to do:
For x32 (x86) bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive.
For x64 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 and save it to a flash drive.
Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.
Enter System Recovery Options.To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:
Restart the computer.
As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.
Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.
Select English as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
Select your user account an click Next.
To enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc:
Insert the installation disc.
Restart your computer.
If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings.
Click Repair your computer.
Select English as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
Select your user account and click Next.
On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:

Startup Repair
System Restore
Windows Complete PC Restore
Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
Command Prompt

Select Command Prompt
In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.
The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.
Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.
In the command window type e:\frst.exe (for x64 bit version type e:\frst64) and press EnterNote: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.
The tool will start to run.
When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
Let me know how things go. If you at any point have trouble using FRST, please stop and post back here to let me know.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Note:Please make sure you are subscribed to this topic: Click on the "Follow This Topic" Button (at the top right of this page), make sure that the "Receive notification" box is checked and that it is set to "Instantly"

-------> Your topic will be closed if you haven't replied within 3 days! <--------(If I don't respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM)
-DFB

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/498514/window-7-restarts-but-freezes-at-shutdown-after-ransomware/
Relevancy 43.43%

Ever since Realplayer was installed, I had this problem with its downloading window when I download, say, from youtube etc. If not kept active among all windows opened as I am working, it'll not be long before the process freezes. I have to end task and restart all. Search at Realplayer community forums did not help much. I'd really need to fix this problem and I count on your help. Thx in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/realplayer-download-freezes-if-not-active-window.1132758/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi this is my first post on this forum so hopefully I ll make sense I ve been search window freezes using when Browser engine any having a problem using the net on my laptop for the last few days I primarily use firefox but the same thing is happening on IE as well After opening firefox or IE google is set as my home page When I type something into search box and then click search as usual the results appear The problem I am having is that I m unable to click on any of them As soon as I click on a link it is as though it hasn t registered that I have clicked I then cannot click on anything associated inside the browser window I cant even click on the red x to close the window It s as though the window has frozen Browser window freezes when using any search engine If I open the window and select a Browser window freezes when using any search engine website from the address bar at the top the internet works fine It only freezes when I use a search engine The strange thing is that everything outside the window eg tool bar at the bottom of my desktop is still working and can be clicked on I am finding then to close the web browser I have to open task manager and end the task from there Someone from another forum suggested I run HijackThis and then ask on here regarding the log report Can anyone help

A:Browser window freezes when using any search engine

Welcome to BCThe process of cleaning your computer may require you to temporarily disable some security programs. If you are using SpyBot Search and Destroy, please refer to Note 2 at the bottom of this page.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free version and save it to your desktop.NOTE: Before saving MBAM please rename it to zztoy.exe....now save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note:-- If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. Note 2:-- MBAM may make changes to your registry as part of its disinfection routine. If you're using other security programs that detect registry changes (like Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere with the fix or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please disable such programs until disinfection is complete or permit them to allow the changes. To disable these programs, please view this topic: How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs---------------------------Be sure to re-enable your AV and malware scan tools if they were disabled=============================SAS, may take a long time to scanPlease download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close brows... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/276869/browser-window-freezes-when-using-any-search-engine/
Relevancy 43.43%

guys need some advice I have a PC running the following Core i K Gb DDR Ram Intel DH CL motherboard LG SATA DVD-ROM ATI GPU Gb Sata boot HDD SiL raid array with two Tb SATA drives not boot HDD two other SATA but not 64bit time startup, during Window 7 freezes every HDD's When I do a start almost every first start of the day gets as far as the windows start screen swirly thingy and finally the pulsing Windows logo then freezes Pressing the reset button or holding the power on button then restarts fine most times - occasionally I have to do it Window 7 64bit freezes during startup, but not every time a third time Window 7 64bit freezes during startup, but not every time I've tried the windows repair screen that tells me nothing is wrong and if it freezes only a repower gets it back there are no error codes or anything EDIT Forgot to mention that this issue seemed to start happening after Windows did an update a couple of weeks ago END OF EDIT Is there anything I can do to determine at what point it freezes so that I can try and do some diagnostics Les

A:Window 7 64bit freezes during startup, but not every time

Quote: Originally Posted by lesthegringo

guys, need some advice. I have a PC running the following:

Core i7 2600K,
12Gb DDR3 1600 Ram
Intel DH67CL motherboard.
LG SATA DVD-ROM
ATI 4870 GPU
500Gb Sata boot HDD
SiL raid array with two 1Tb SATA drives (not boot HDD)
two other SATA HDD's

When I do a start, almost every first start of the day gets as far as the windows 7 start screen swirly thingy and finally the pulsing Windows logo, then freezes. Pressing the reset button or holding the power on button then restarts fine (most times - occasionally I have to do it a third time). I've tried the windows repair screen that tells me nothing is wrong, and if it freezes only a repower gets it back, there are no error codes or anything

**EDIT**
Forgot to mention that this issue seemed to start happening after Windows did an update a couple of weeks ago
**END OF EDIT**

Is there anything I can do to determine at what point it freezes so that I can try and do some diagnostics?

Les

Check in event viewer
To check for freezing/crashing you need to check several things.

Event viewer.

Quote:
Type eventvwr in search and go to the windows log>application tab.
Look for errors. Errors have red in the left hand column.

Look for errors that say app hang, or app crash, or anything related to the problem.
When you find them either take a screenshot of them and upload them to us, or note the event ID and source codes and look them up in google. If you cant find them in google tell us what they are.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/206105-window-7-64bit-freezes-during-startup-but-not-every-time.html
Relevancy 43%

this problem has been plagueing my computer for a few months now, every time i try to open a large media file or folder containing that file, the window locks/freezes and i need to ctrl alt delete to get out, where the task manager tells me that the task is not responding.
this happens only with folders containing large amounts of music or one movie..
the same folders open and work fine when transported via my iriver to another computer so its not the files themselves that are the problem.
i have no idea why this happens. once i got into a music folder via windows explorer but not by directly clicking on it..
cheers all!

A:Window freezes when trying to open large media files

urch said:

this problem has been plagueing my computer for a few months now, every time i try to open a large media file or folder containing that file, the window locks/freezes and i need to ctrl alt delete to get out, where the task manager tells me that the task is not responding.
the same folders open and work fine when transported via my iriver to another computer so its not the files themselves that are the problem.
i have no idea why this happens. once i got into a music folder via windows explorer but not by directly clicking on it..
cheers all!Click to expand...
i have the same problem ...i mean i can open the folders but if i right click on a file or subfolder windows wont respond. my other apps are fine just the windows is the problem. also happens when i try and delete a file sometimes it freezes windows

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/window-freezes-when-trying-to-open-large-media-files.445232/
Relevancy 43%

While I am playing a game it all runs good until couple minuets later or for some game and hour latter playing computer game freezes completly While a (window 7) it freezes the thing is the keyboard is frozen too however my mouse I While playing a game computer completly freezes (window 7) can move until I click a few times on anything and nothing causes it to freeze as well Only a reboot will cause it to unfreeze and the thing is i tries putting a fan on the side of my cpu blowing and it seem to help some but then it still freezes there is times the game itself has a weird graphic glitch it get all distorted I started have this problem when I installed a new graphic card and I have updated the drivers and the weird thing is every one is talking about messing about your d settings and there isn't one for me and the new update has made where I can look at the Radeon settings at use to have where I can go into advance settings but it says I need to install it but when I hit update it says I am on the newest update though it sais that even beffore I had this new update but at least I could go into advance settings thought that even it self didn't have d settings in them the video card is a Radeon R mother board z -d h Before I have updated to this video card It ran fine here is all the events please tell me if any of these needs fixing and how to do so as well or if these are the cause of them I am not very good understanding things when it comes to computer so try to dumb it down for me as much as possible lol Level Date and Time Source Event ID Task Category Warning PM Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP The driver Driver WUDFRd failed to load for the device WpdBusEnumRoot UMB amp c b amp amp STORAGE VOLUME USBSTOR DISK amp VEN SANDISK amp PROD CRUZER PRO amp REV C C F amp Error PM Service Control Manager None The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load nwjkm z yxm bdr Warning PM Microsoft-Windows-Wininit None Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications Warning PM Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP The driver Driver ag efh m failed to load for the device PCI VEN A amp DEV amp SUBSYS AF CA amp REV amp d f df amp Error PM Microsoft-Windows-Eventlog Event processing Audit events have been dropped by the transport Warning PM Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP The driver Driver ag efh m failed to load for the device PCI VEN A amp DEV amp SUBSYS AF CA amp REV amp d f df amp Error PM Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing Session Session Microsoft Security Client OOBE stopped due to the following error xC D Critical PM Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly Error PM EventLog None The previous system shutdown at PM on was unexpected Warning PM Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP The driver Driver WUDFRd failed to load for the device WpdBusEnumRoot UMB amp c b amp amp STORAGE VOLUME USBSTOR DISK amp VEN SANDISK amp PROD CRUZER PRO amp REV C C F amp Error PM Service Control Manager None The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load nwjkm z yxm bdr Warning PM Microsoft-Windows-Wininit None Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications Warning PM Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP The driver Driver avpx eo failed to load for the device PCI VEN A amp DEV amp SUBSYS AF CA amp REV amp d f df amp Error PM Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing Session Session Microsoft Security Client OOBE stopped due to the following error xC D Warning PM Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP The driver Driver avpx eo failed to load for the device PCI VEN A amp DEV amp SUBSYS AF CA amp REV amp d f df amp Warning PM Microsoft-Windows-WLAN-AutoConfig No... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603078/while-playing-a-game-computer-completly-freezes-window-7/
Relevancy 43%

Samsung NC10 using Outlook 2002 and opening in the Inbox window the screen freezes. If it doesn't freeze at that point it freezes when replying to an e-mail and you hit 2 keys at the same time.
Any ideas?

What about keeping Outlook separately and using Outlook Express as the e-mail client.
Are there any downsides?

Tks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-inbox-window-freezes-samsung-nc10.876742/
Relevancy 43%

cheers all!

Relevancy 43%

Hi new here and I have as I guess everyone does a problem I need help with I'm helping upgrade an office from having a Win Server and Win workstations to having the server and WinXP Pro laptops Once the process is complete the Win workstations will not exist on the network I've set up the laptops and we're at the stage of getting the final things in place like links to the server etc but I'm running into a problem when accessing the server from the laptops The Windows networking seems to be set up correctly - the XP laptops see the explorer freezes accessing Win2000 window WinXP when server and I have mapped network drives to shares on the server If I browse into one of the server shares WinXP explorer window freezes when accessing Win2000 that seems to work ok too XP even shows me thumbnails of images on WinXP explorer window freezes when accessing Win2000 the server But as soon as I try to drag something over either to copy it or make a shortcut or if i try WinXP explorer window freezes when accessing Win2000 to open say a word document over the network the Explorer window I'm in freezes up and I have to go into the task manager to end it One of the apps they run is QuickBooks and they keep the company file on ther server and the same problem happens from within QuickBooks when trying to open the file The quot open file quot dialog displays the contents of the share correctly but when I try to select the company file and open it the window freezes Here's some specs of the equipment in question Laptops brand spanking new and identical I'm just working on one until I resolve the issue WinXP Pro SP TCP IP address acquired by DHCP NetBIOS over TCP IP enabled WinXP personal firewall turned off Norton Internet Security personal firewall turned off File Printer sharing turned on although they are not sharing anything Client for MS Networks should be configured correctly - XP systems see the server and can map shares Server Win Server SP TCP IP static address not in the DHCP served range NetBIOS over TCP IP enabled File Printer sharing maximized for filesharing NOT a domain controller - just a server on the same workgroup as the XP systems Any ideas I'm comfortable mucking around in the registry as long as someone tells me exactly what to do And I'm trying to avoid upgrading the server to XP Thanks in advance - Dylan Cristy

A:WinXP explorer window freezes when accessing Win2000

Dylan,

I have a few suggestions you could have a look at. First you can remove netbios over TCP/IP as it is not used in a windows 2000 environment nor with XP, it is for backward compatability with older OS.

Second, in folder options disable simple file sharing. The box should be unchecked.

No need to upgrade server to XP have the laptops joined the domain?

Andy.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/winxp-explorer-window-freezes-when-accessing-win2000-65801.html
Relevancy 43%

The problem is that the machine completely freezes for no apparent reason, on all the operating systems I have tried.  By 'freezes', I mean there is no reaction to mouse movement, keyboard presses and power button pressed off.  The freeze seems to be at a random time and can happen even when the system is idle.The Acer Travelmate 7750G laptop came pre-installed with Windows 7 and it kept freezing.  The machine was upgraded to Windows 8, 8.1, 10, then dual boot with Linux Mint 17.3.  The machine froze on all the operating systems.  I have software tested the hard drive, memory, CPU, GPU and they have all passed fine.  Is there anybody who has knowledge of how to resolve or further trouble-shoot this please? 

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Acer Travelmate 7750G totally freezes using Window...

SOLVED - I installed a replacement hard drive in Dec 2015 and the Travelmate 7750G laptop works perfectly since.  Cost me hardly anything compaired to the price of the laptop.  No freezing, crashing or anything else!Thank you very much for your help.   

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/Travelmate/Acer-Travelmate-7750G-totally-freezes-using-Windows-or-Linux/td-p/402974
Relevancy 43%

today I was trying to run windows update and while they were running and I was out of the room a friend of mine switched the update schedule from the defualt to let me choose when to download and install updates He says as soon as he clicked ok the program closed Now whenever I open the application I get nothing The window is empty and unresponsive In order to order to close the window I have to kill explorer exe this computer is a very new installation I did not have sp or sp installed yet I downloaded and installed sp and sp manually with no luck I've run sfc verifyonly with no integrity violations I think an update was running and he update opened window when windows x64 freezes Vista canceled it incorrectly and now windows update won't work I've been searching around on the internet but I really am not sure how to fix this now most problems I've seen people are at least getting some error codes I've checked the windowsupdate log and found this error that said it was unable to connect to service I tried to stop and restart the service and it failed I've been messing with the system for a Vista x64 windows update window freezes when opened minute and I'm going to try it again after I reboot but at this point it won't let me stop or start the service I've also checked bits and it's running fine and has no issues Here is a copy of windowsupdate log after the last reboot Any help would be appreciated Vista x64 windows update window freezes when opened I really don't want to rebuild this system due to the time it would take Some of the applications it's running have a long install time - - ec Misc Logging initialized build tz - - - ec Misc Process C Windows System rstrui exe - - ec Misc Module C Windows system wuapi dll - - ec COMAPI FATAL Unable to connect to the service hr C - - ec COMAPI WARNING Unable to establish connection to the service hr C - - f Misc Logging initialized build tz - - - f Misc Process C Windows System wuapp exe - - f CltUI FATAL Failed to open Microsoft WindowsUpdate page quot lt home gt quot hr - - b c Misc Logging initialized build tz - - - b c Misc Process C Windows system svchost exe - - b c Misc Module c windows system wuaueng dll - - b c Service - - b c Service START Service Service startup - - b c Service - - b c Agent WU client version - - b c Agent Base directory C Windows SoftwareDistribution - - b c Agent Access type No proxy - - b c Agent Network state Connected - - Agent Agent Initializing Windows Update Agent - - Agent Agent Initializing global settings cache - - Agent WSUS server lt NULL gt - - Agent WSUS status server lt NULL gt - - Agent Target group Unassigned Computers - - Agent Windows Update access disabled No - - Agent Found persisted download calls to restore - - DnldMgr Download manager restoring downloads - - Agent Successfully loaded persisted download calls - - AU AU Initializing Automatic Updates - - AU AU setting next detection timeout to - - - - AU Approval type Pre-download notify User preference - - AU Reconnecting download for updates - - AU Reconnected pending download calls - - AU Obtained Post reboot hr from Agent c - - AU AU setting pending client directive to 'Forced Reboot' - - AU Cancelled download for invalidated hidden unapplicable update s - - AU Cancelled download for invalidated hidden unapplicable update s - - AU Cancelled download for invalidated hidden unapplicable update s - - AU Cancelled download for invalidated hidden unapplicable update s - - AU Cancelled download for invalidated hidden unapplicable update s - - AU Cancelled download for invalidated hidden unapplicable update s thanks in advance Kenneth

A:Vista x64 windows update window freezes when opened

Just a thought...try System Restore and go back a day or two (if you have it activated) and see if you can try and run it again without any "interruptions"

Good luck!
Barnabas

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/232592-vista-x64-windows-update-window-freezes-when-opened.html
Relevancy 43%

I am using Windows Defender Version: 1.1.1593.0 however each time I run a scan (quick or Full) it freezes at C:\WINDOWS\system32\update
Clicking on 'Stop Scan' does nothing and I have to fully close Defender.
Help please anybody
I'm not totally computer thick but not too technical either.
Rgds

A:Window Defender Freezes At C:\windows\system32\update

Install Super Antispyware. Run it in safe mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds. http://www.superantispyware.com/Run the online scan for Bit Defender in normal mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Post a Hijack This log in the Hijack This Forum by following the directions in the link below if the programs above have not removed ALL malware. DO NOT post the log in this forum.http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/ --------------------------------------------------------------------------------How to Start Windows in Safe Mode:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/103474/window-defender-freezes-at-cwindowssystem32update/
Relevancy 43%

The problem is that the machine completely freezes for no apparent reason, on all the operating systems I have tried.  By 'freezes', I mean there is no reaction to mouse movement, keyboard presses and power button pressed off.  The freeze seems to be at a random time and can happen even when the system is idle.The Acer Travelmate 7750G laptop came pre-installed with Windows 7 and it kept freezing.  The machine was upgraded to Windows 8, 8.1, 10, then dual boot with Linux Mint 17.3.  The machine froze on all the operating systems.  I have software tested the hard drive, memory, CPU, GPU and they have all passed fine.  Is there anybody who has knowledge of how to resolve or further trouble-shoot this please? 

A:Acer Travelmate 7750G totally freezes using Window...

Hi man23p You could try (if you have a decent one lying around) a replacement HDD. I have previously tested one on a desktop that had issues, but the drive when tested showed no errors. On replacing it, it solved the problem. Since you've reinstalled various Windows/Linux editions & tested various hardware & the problem still exists, then it will either be the mobo or the CPU. From past experience, CPU's these days rarely fail - motherboard failure is more common. So you may like to have it checked out by a pc engineer just to verify, but I don't think there will be much you can do, unless you're lucky enough to find a second hand one.  

http://community.acer.com/t5/Travelmate/Acer-Travelmate-7750G-totally-freezes-using-Windows-or-Linux/td-p/402974/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 43%

Hi all,Thanks alot for reading my words. I'm desperate, after many fixes, i can't get rid of this lack of my computer. I've tride to fix with: combofix, ccleaner, and have some services deactivated but nothing, i still have some crashes and freezings.here is a log of hijackthis.Can somebody tell me how to use it?thanks alot.EDIT: I have removed your HJT log attachment. HJT logs are malware tools, not Windows troubleshooting tools ~ Hamluis.

A:vista very slow and multiple crashes (window freezes)

First of all, please describe the problems you are having IN DETAIL. Second, please follow the instructions below:
Download BlueScreenView:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All
Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/373955/vista-very-slow-and-multiple-crashes-window-freezes/
Relevancy 43%

Computer specs -Sapphire gb graphic card - gb ram mhz -motherboard-dx s -i extreme edition mb - disk drives - ssd gig and tb drive and tb drive Running windows Ultimate SP System freezes one program after another and restarts or I have to manually restart it When Reboot Window Problem? 7 and [SOLVED] Crashes, Freezes, I restart it it won't boot up my operating system [SOLVED] Window 7 Freezes, Crashes, and Reboot Problem? for some reason The only way [SOLVED] Window 7 Freezes, Crashes, and Reboot Problem? I can fix it is to shut down the computer and turn it back on and it starts fine [SOLVED] Window 7 Freezes, Crashes, and Reboot Problem? If I keep restarting it gives me the same error I can run the windowscd to try to get the start up repair to work but there is no where to click on operating system Operating system not listed click load drivers and install drivers for hard disk Nothing shows on this screen I've tried the cmd with bootrec fixmbr etc but does not work The only way to get it running again is to shut the computer down and turn it back on and it starts normally The freezes than restarts happens a couple times a day Does anyone know a fix to this Error Details The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly - System - Provider Name Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Guid C B A- - C -AC E- C D B EventID Version Level Task Opcode Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Correlation - Execution ProcessID ThreadID Channel System Computer vnrock-PC - Security UserID S- - - - EventData BugcheckCode BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x SleepInProgress false PowerButtonTimestamp xml view - lt Event xmlns quot Error quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt vnrock-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Need help Been trying to fix this for weeks Hopefully someone can help Thanks

A:[SOLVED] Window 7 Freezes, Crashes, and Reboot Problem?

tried to edit something post by accident

Forgot to mention the operating system installed is 64bit and just reformatted also. Forgot to mention fans. Currently running 3 200mm fans, 1 230mm fan and two smaller fans

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-window-7-freezes-crashes-and-reboot-problem-606594.html
Relevancy 43%

I downloaded "Smart Popup Killer" and every since then everytime I click a link that has to open in a new window or a popup comes up, my internet freezes. I've tried deleting the program, still didn't fix it. Is there some kind of corruption in a file somewhere? Can someone please help me out?!

A:Internet Freezes when I click a page that opens in a new window

I'm not familiar with the program, but usually a program will have an 'uninstall' file which is reached through the AddRemove Programs in Control Panel. If you just delete a program, some files are left in your system.

Try to install the program again; then go through proper avenue to uninstall (not delete). If nothing is shown in AddRemove Programs, look in the Popup file for a file labeled 'unwise' or 'uninstall'

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-freezes-when-i-click-a-page-that-opens-in-a-new-window.149538/
Relevancy 43%

I did the Free windows 10 upgraded recently and after my computer decided to randomly freeze for like 2-3 seconds while im playing games and unfreeze So I went and did the downgrade back to windows 7 as i figured that would fix the issues im having but now my computers still freezing periodically is there anyways i can fix this without having to wipe my computer and reinstall windows 7 fresh?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/385072-window-10-upgrade-now-my-computer-freezes-2-3seconds-randomly.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello!

I've got Vista Home Premium on my Dell Inspiron 1520.

Every now and then I get this strange message after turning my laptop on:

HTML Code:
Dell Wireless WLAN Card Wireless Network Controller has stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: bcmwltry.exe
Application Version: 4.102.15.61
Application Timestamp: 45f8a9d0
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a7a6
Exception Code: c015000f
Exception Offset: 000761b7
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1060
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=...
The odd thing is that my internet is still working well.
What do you think is wrong?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Kind regards

A:Dell Wireless WLAN Card Wireless Network Controller has stopped working

follow the instructions on this Dell support page:

bcmwltry.exe error, pls help - DELL COMMUNITY

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/214091-dell-wireless-wlan-card-wireless-network-controller-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I have been experiencing wireless wifi connection problems with my HP Pavilion dv laptop I am running xppro I went from vista to xp pro took a long time network adding adapter G wireless dv6000, HP wireless Belkin Pvilion as I am slow Anyway I read that you can add another wireless network card as a work around in the event that the internal wireless card breaks dies I bought a BelkinWirelss G USB network adapter- F D and tried to install it on this HP Pvilion dv6000, adding Belkin wireless wireless G network adapter laptop I was able to install it on my IBM T and Gateway laptop I had to disable the radio on the gateway before it worked The IBM is HP Pvilion dv6000, adding Belkin wireless wireless G network adapter old and has no built in wireless card ON my HP pavilion dv I slid the wireless button to disable and also went into device manager and disable there too For some reason after loading the Belkin in it does not find any wireless networks I called Belkin and spoke with their help desk but they were not helpful My question short of disabling my HP wireless card do I have to remove the actual software uninstall broadcom so the computer will look only at the belkin software My HP laptop warrantied expired months ago Any help would be appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pvilion-dv6000-adding-belkin-wireless-wireless-g-network-adapter.802008/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi I have an IBM T Thinkpad laptop running Windows XP with CISCO Aironet Client Utility installed to manage my wireless networks I don t understand the point of this utility as I find the Windows XP wireless connection management more reliable and straightforward but I don t know how to disable this thing I would if I could and I have tried although not that Wireless LAN CISCO PCI Auto-Connect Adapter Won't Wireless to (Aironet) Network hard Anyway I was using the CISO Aironet Client Utility or whatever it s called CISCO PCI Wireless LAN Adapter (Aironet) Won't Auto-Connect to Wireless Network fine then I visited a friend s house and needed to get on his network He started poking around and one day it was working and the next it was broken It kept saying CISCO PCI Wireless LAN Adapter (Aironet) Won't Auto-Connect to Wireless Network it couldn t find a radio signal or that it was off I came home and it wasn t working for a month or CISCO PCI Wireless LAN Adapter (Aironet) Won't Auto-Connect to Wireless Network so One day I messed around with it and it started working again Only problem now is whenever I shut down my laptop and re-open it it never reconnects to my wireless connection automatically I always have to do it by hand Any suggestions here How can I get it to reconnect automatically and if I can t how can I get it to use the Windows wireless features that are built in and bypass this CISCO stuff Thanks nbsp

A:CISCO PCI Wireless LAN Adapter (Aironet) Won't Auto-Connect to Wireless Network

i'll move to netwroking you should get a better response

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cisco-pci-wireless-lan-adapter-aironet-wont-auto-connect-to-wireless-network.875180/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hey guys need some urgent help here I have a program on my computer called Intel R Network - Can't Router Adapter Uninstalled/Reinstalled Wireless Wireless to connect My WiFi Technology which has something to do with my network adapter Intel R WiFi Link BGN I recently had an annoying notice popping up from this program saying The Wireless Network Adaptoor could not be found So I decided that I should find a solution on Intel s forums I came across a thread that discussed my problem and one of Uninstalled/Reinstalled Wireless Network Adapter - Can't connect to Wireless Router the Intel workers mentioned that Uninstalling and Reinstalling the program would be the best solution So I followed the Uninstalled/Reinstalled Wireless Network Adapter - Can't connect to Wireless Router steps and came across a huge problem Turns out that once I removed this program my computer wouldn t connect to my wireless network in my Uninstalled/Reinstalled Wireless Network Adapter - Can't connect to Wireless Router house I went onto my other devices throughout the home and they all seemed to be working fine and that my router was still working fine aswell I went onto my other computer and downloaded the program onto my USB and installed it back onto my original computer There still wasn t any difference and my computer still currently can t connect to my wireless access point I ve rolled back drivers updated them and I ve refreshed wireless network adapters in my Network and Sharing Center in Control Point I m starting to run out of ideas and I really need some help My computer can still detect networks though but I ve discovered it can connect to my Mobile Phone s Access Point meaning I can connect to G through my phone I m suspecting some sort of setting has been changed to connect to my home s wireless but I can t figure out what it is I know that this isn t very detailed and I ve sort of rushed it but if you need anything else from me I d be happy to tell you If you have any possible solutions or have the same problem as I do please do share nbsp

A:Uninstalled/Reinstalled Wireless Network Adapter - Can't connect to Wireless Router

Make sure you have the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site.

Delete all wireless profiles. Then try again to connect.

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/uninstalled-reinstalled-wireless-network-adapter-cant-connect-to-wireless-router.1024642/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a problem with my home wireless network. My network operatates at 2.4 GHz and so does my home wireless phone. Everytime my phone rings I get disconnected from my wireless network. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?

A:Everytime my wireless home phone rings I get disconnected from my wireless network.

Welcome to Tech Spot

Do you have 802 B or 802 G wireless?

When I was in Best Buy, one of the sale people mentioned how 2.4 GHZ phone interferes with 802 B Wireless networks (uses same frequencies).

He mentioned that 802 G wireless network were not affected with the phones.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/everytime-my-wireless-home-phone-rings-i-get-disconnected-from-my-wireless-network.17460/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi y all Recently my laptop running on windows home edition started acting up I boots up fine but once i get to windows then it gets tempremental Sometimes it works fine until the screen saver comes on sometimes it does not even open a browser window before it freezes I had trend micro titanium antivirus that expired last week after which i installed avg I thought it was the culprit which i uninstalled and installed avast and superantispyware I ran both and they in laptop works only Window Freezes safe - mode and 'eeeelp!! found a few problems that they claim to have resolved Still the computer was not working well Again in safe mode i ran kaspersky and it found trojans that it removed but still no improvement I would really appreciate your help in resolving this I have followed the instructions Window Freezes and laptop works only in safe mode - 'eeeelp!! from the sticky and below are hijackthis log DDS txt Attach txt file and ark txt file Hijackthis Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Window Freezes and laptop works only in safe mode - 'eeeelp!! Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Real RealPlayer update realsched exe C Program Window Freezes and laptop works only in safe mode - 'eeeelp!! Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Users Amal AppData Local Temp Temporary Internet Files Content IE DHSI ADN HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com HPNOT R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http g msn com HPNOT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com HPNOT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http g msn com HPNOT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Trend Micro NSC BHO - CA B-DC D- A - - E FAC - C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP Module TmIEPlg dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C ProgramData Real RealPlayer BrowserRecordPlugin IE rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO Increase performance and video formats for your HTML lt video gt - E D- - FD- C - A F - C Program Files x DivX DivX Plus Web Player npdivx dll O - BHO Use the DivX Plus Web Player to watch web videos with less interruptions and smoother playback on supported sites - DDEC - - cdd- E - DADAA E - C Program Files x DivX DivX Plus Web Player npdivx dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO avast WebRep - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO TmBpIeBHO - BBACBAFD-FA E- - B - EB F D AC - C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP Module TmBpIe dll O - BHO Microsoft Live Search Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - c Program Fil... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/window-freezes-and-laptop-works-only-in-safe-mode-eeeelp.998239/
Relevancy 42.57%

Good day I am a new time the Freezes Window 0X50, 0X3B) BSOD's 7 (Fir stop Help 64bit (0XA, and computer enthusiast so I decided to build my own So over the past week or so I've been trying everything under the Help stop the Window 7 64bit BSOD's (0XA, 0X50, 0X3B) and Freezes (Fir sun that I can think of to get a stable system Without freezes and crashes At my wits ends and need some pro help Please don't flood my with tech jargon for I am just learning it all Thanks This is the hardware list for my Help stop the Window 7 64bit BSOD's (0XA, 0X50, 0X3B) and Freezes (Fir system Mother Board ASUS P H D-V Evo CPU Intel i RAM Ripjaws F - CL D- GBRL GPU Radeon HD SSD Crucial RealSSD C GB OS and main programs HDD TB Western Digital New amp TB Seagate old For storage Running Windows Bit So this is what I have done Reinstalled windows many times different ways trying to get a good install Finally settled on SATA II and IDE for the SSD to get the install proper After the install and all the programs loaded and internet reading tried moving the DVD-Rom to the SATA II port and the HDD to ports - and switching the SSD back to a SATA III port while going from IDE to AHCI Of all thing my computer will now go back to sleep without crashing or hanging Haven't been able to do that since the firmware update of the SSD to Kind of excited about that Maybe the SATA III port kind of broken To make sure it be not hardware related I have run different stress tests on the components and none of them have failed or at least the programs haven't been able to return an error messages So the big problem is that over the past days my computer has logged Blue Screens Without counting - of them have the stop code of XA Found out it could be related to a memory leak issue and got a hot fix for it but that was around Blue Screen of the so maybe not the memory leak they were saying The other - Blue screens are a mixture of x 's and X B's I'm running out of things to try and attempt to get a stable system any suggestions Also on a related but unrelated side note does Windows bit have an issue with Firefox for every now and again it causes the system to hang and needed a hard restart Thanks for the help everyone P S Registration was fun but buggy the no spam question was what was Bill Gates first name I put William and it told me I was wrong I would like to point out that the system is WRONG Bill is the short for William At least the next one was less ambiguous what colour is grass well what kind of grass is it is it healthy

A:Help stop the Window 7 64bit BSOD's (0XA, 0X50, 0X3B) and Freezes (Fir

SO another problem to add to the list. Windows just Blue Screened on me with an error code of F4, no dump file was created and then it changed my boot order. Had to go into the BIOS to fix it (to boot back into windows).

Now that is just messed up.

Again thanks for the future help everyone.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/145185-help-stop-window-7-64bit-bsods-0xa-0x50-0x3b-freezes-fir.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi my name is Dylan and I've been using my computer for about months now with regular issues Most of these issues are the result of both my ineptitude with computers Before Window. Out My Throw My Blue-screens, I (Hangs, Help Freezes) Computer but also due to the failure that is windows I have now but Windows is still trash I had regular issues with audio video typical crashes when I was in a game or something of the sort I am a competitive gamer but none of the games I'm playing are very high impact anymore I have downloaded all the drivers done software updates checked compatibility and it seems that I may have something wrong with my hardware that I did not realize This was the first PC I have ever built but I did take the time to try at make sure everything was compatible with each other MB ASUSTeK M A X EVO R Chipset AMD RD x Southbridge SB CPU AMD FX- Eight-Core Processor Graphics Card AMD Radeon R Help Before I Throw My Computer Out My Window. (Hangs, Blue-screens, Freezes) Series MBytes PS Rosewill Plus Gold W SSD Kingston G SSDNow v I never have performance issues lag anything of the sort instead my computer will just very sudden and dramatically crash hang or freeze Three kinds of crashes one is just bluescreening usually with a different error every time second is where the game I'm playing will genuinely just say it has an error and stop working and close the application this one is rare And third the worst and most common and notorious and absolute nightmare My computer will suddenly freeze every single application and process freezes mouse will freeze and I have to force reboot and log back in These freezes happen randomly when I have a gaming client open or sometimes even just when on youtube Please take the time to help me figure this out because I just wanna play games without constant fear of my computer exploding Also if you request logs of any kind or any information I would greatly appreciate some guide or info on how to get that information to you for your help cause again not the best with computers Thank you guys so much

A:Help Before I Throw My Computer Out My Window. (Hangs, Blue-screens, Freezes)

Sorry, I forgot to add RAM for some reason;
DDR3 - 1866 CL9 -10-9-28 1.5V
PC3 - 14900 4Gx2 Intel XMP Ready

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/help-before-i-throw-my-computer-out-my-window-hangs-blue-screens-freezes-1017338.html
Relevancy 42.57%

It's getting quite annoying really, some I links I click on freezes the window.
Then my screen blacks out..when I fix it it's only up for 2-3 minutes.
If it helps any, I have media center which lets me watch tv on it.

A:Computer screen blacks out and some links clicked on freezes the window.

Hi xAshe and welcome to TSF !

Please read this annoucement :
READ THIS: Required Information

Have you installed all the latest critical updates from windows update ? If not do that now.

Which browser are you using, internet explorer, firefox, ... ? Could you post a link to one of those links that make your window freeze ?

Please post your complete system specs : if this is a custom build then check the posting system specs link in my sig. If it's some brand computer then brand and model will do. If this is a desktop then open the computer case and give us the brand and model of your power supply (on the sticker that's on the side of the power supply block).

Install the latest drivers for your video card.

Go to the event viewer : start => run => eventvwr.msc. Search the different sections there for errors that happened at the time of your freezes. Double-click those errors and click the third button at the top to copy the information in the clipboard. Then right-click => paste it here.

Please download and install sensorsview pro (latest version here) and tell us about your CPU & GPU temp, fan speeds and voltages. You can post a screenshot here if you press the print screen (or prt scr) key, go to start => all programs => accessories => paint, click edit => paste, save the image as .jpg and attach the file to your next post using the manage attachments button from the advanced mode.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-screen-blacks-out-and-some-links-clicked-on-freezes-the-window-183513.html
Relevancy 42.14%

My Dell Printer AIO 968w suddenly stopped picking up my wireless network. Tried rebooting with no joy. Could someone please help?

A:Dell wireless AIO 968w printer non recognition of wireless network

Can you detect your wireless network with another device?

Does the printer detect any other networks?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-wireless-aio-968w-printer-non-recognition-of-wireless-network.936344/
Relevancy 42.14%

I m trying to setup connect a wireless printer HP All-in-one so that a user can use his laptop wireless and print from anywhere in the house He did not have Home Solved: with How wireless to Printer - Internet & Wireless network any network set-up previously He had dialup and just purchased a new laptop with wireless and this new printer and has just gotten this new Rogers quot Rocket quot Stick Solved: How to - Wireless Internet & Home network with wireless Printer It s a USB internet connection uses cell phone frequency Normally this is pretty straight forward when conected to a wireless router I brought over a wireless router to test out When Rogers quot Rocket quot stick is connected for internet Can I connect to another wireless home network for sharing at the same time Computer Vista Laptop with Rogers Rocket Stick I tried a couple of things Setup a wireless network I used the setup internet connection wizard to configure a computer to computer wireless adhoc network appears to work for very short distances - feet I was able to print a test page but not anything else - so I thought about using my Dlink Router for greater distance if it was a distance thing as indicated I setup the Dlink wireless router as a standalone wireless network - not conected to the internet configured it and then configured my HP printer wireless to connect to that network I successfully configured the printer via wizard to connect to the found network - I then connected to this wireless network and added the network printer using it s HP Wireless wizard - it found it and added it successfully - I was able to print a test page from about feet But when I move to another room - It would not print assumed maybe a conflict collision with wireless rocket - but not sure Then I setup the HP printer as a hard wired network printer not wireless attached to a port on the wireless router itself - I then determined its IP address printer config report and then connected to the wireless network router and set-up added printer on the laptop as quot local printer quot using TCP IP specifying this ip address - When connected to the home wireless network and I was able to print a test page but not anything else Not sure if I m having a problem with the Rocket and Wireless router conflicting a firewall issue or something else or just Vista playing games Biggest issue is that it appears the wireless printer CAN BE reached by the laptop by either the wireless setup or direct network printer connection successfully Issue is that I m not able to print any other documents I get a message saying the printouts are pending I assume the printer is configured for sharing - thought about this after I left It appears it has something to do with a lost connection or collision Not sure if I m clear here - looking for advice recommendation on how to set this up Any help direction appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: How to - Wireless Internet & Home network with wireless Printer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-to-wireless-internet-home-network-with-wireless-printer.786885/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a wireless-G linksys USB network adaptor (2.4 GHz 802.11g) that cannot pick up my wirless network. It is however picking up numerous other networks surrounding my house. Right now I'm using my Toshiba laptop that is connected to the same home network that my linksys adaptor cannot find.

Can anyone offer my any advice as to how to find my wireless network through my USB adaptor hooked up to my desktop computer? I know how to access my router information (Enter 192.168.1.1 for linksys and all that other good stuff) but do not know what exact settings I may needto change in order to have my desktop computer recognize the home network.

Is something perhaps hidden on the router information? Or is my adaptor out of date? Any info would be appreciated. Thank you

A:Why can't my USB wireless adaptor (Desktop Computer) find my wireless network?

Did you follow the manual for the USB wifi adaptor, installing procedures, driver? What happens to the Toshiba laptop's self wifi capability?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/431270/why-cant-my-usb-wireless-adaptor-desktop-computer-find-my-wireless-network/