Windows Support Forum

Wireless Network window freezes?

Q: Wireless Network window freezes?

Running Windows 7 Home Premium, I've experienced this issue about five times in the span of two weeks.

When my wireless connection isn't found, sometimes Windows is unresponsive when clicking on the wireless icon near my system clock. It shows either the empty bars with a yellow indicator or the empty bars with a red x. When I try to click and bring up the list of available networks, nothing happens. Even right-clicking doesn't do anything.

Explorer has given an error and needed to shut down three of the five times this error has happened.

Any idea what could be causing this to happen?

Thanks!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Wireless Network window freezes?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Wireless Network window freezes?

Quote: Originally Posted by rwkleinjr

Running Windows 7 Home Premium, I've experienced this issue about five times in the span of two weeks.

When my wireless connection isn't found, sometimes Windows is unresponsive when clicking on the wireless icon near my system clock. It shows either the empty bars with a yellow indicator or the empty bars with a red x. When I try to click and bring up the list of available networks, nothing happens. Even right-clicking doesn't do anything.

Explorer has given an error and needed to shut down three of the five times this error has happened.

Any idea what could be causing this to happen?

Thanks!

hi and welcome

there are several things.
first if y ou are NOT using homegroup, you can disable IPv6. it is located in network and sharing.

Second next time it happens type cmd in search>type Ipconfig /flushdns, then ipconfig /renew. let us know if that helps

third
type device manager in search> go to the wifi tab. look for your wifi card, is it listed? does it have a yellow triangle on it? are there any other "unknown devices" with yellow on them?

Let us know the results
Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/38556-wireless-network-window-freezes.html
Relevancy 17.63%

Samsung has announced a new pair of monitors today that both feature Qi wireless charging in their stands, allowing you to easily charge your Qi-compatible smartphone on your desk without the clutter of a separate charging plate.

Read more

A:Samsung's new range of monitors feature Qi wireless charging

Yeah...that's awesome. That's actually where I place my phone anyway

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsungs-new-range-of-monitors-feature-qi-wireless-charging.217292/
Relevancy 35.69%

To start off my laptop is an Asus G VW-AS The wireless network adapter is an Atheros AR WB-EG The issue I m having only starts when I play an online game It s not a specific one it happens with all my games After about a few matches I will begin to experience terrible lag spikes Ranging from - ms sometimes even going up to over Usually the spikes are permanent I will jump to around ping and hover in that general number with it occasionally sliding back down to my normal only to immediately spring back up again After this begins to happen any application I use that uses internet internet browser skype etc also lags is severely slowed down This lag is never experienced on any other system using our wireless internet which makes me believe it is in fact my laptop s wireless adapter that is the problem Doing a windows troubleshoot on the adapter DOES fix it but it only fixes it for about to minutes and then I begin to lag adapter network Problems with wireless again Also the troubleshooter seems to only be able to fix it once If I try to troubleshoot the adapter again after already fixing it before that way the troubleshooter will tell me that it couldn t find anything wrong Manually restarting the adapter only works once as well Restarting the computer does not help the problem If the laptop is shut down for a few hours and started back up the adapter will work properly as long as I do not start a game Could anyone help tell me how to stop this from happening Do I need to get a new adapter or is there something I can do for the current one nbsp

A:Problems with wireless network adapter

Are you sure it is not an issue with your router? Also I dont know where to get Atheros drivers other than from the manufacturer (vaio, lenovo, etc) website. There are no official drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-wireless-network-adapter.188964/
Relevancy 17.63%

When I try and access the internet through any of the main browsers (I.e. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari) they tell me along the lines of 'unable to access the network' and 'this page can't be displayed' after taking a while attempting to load. I also cannot access it through any of my Windows 8 apps. I know it's not an issue with the home broadband itself and is something to do with my laptop as it is running fine both wirelessly and through using an Ethernet cable on all other devices. I would really appreciate some help with trying to fix this asap as I have spent a lot of time researching this issue and trying most things to resolve it without success, I also need to use the internet for loads of coursework over the summer hols and cannot afford to be taking it to a pricey IT technician. Please helppp

A:My laptop cannot connect to the internet, even though wireless and ethernet are working

Take a look at the file
\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts​there MUST be at least a line reading 127.0.0.1 LOCALHOST
but the question is there anything other than comments in it?
If so, leave the comments and the localhost line and delete everything else.

If you modify the hosts file, then you also need to

ipconfig /flushdns
net stop "dns client"
net start "dns client"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-cannot-connect-to-the-internet-even-though-wireless-and-ethernet-are-working.195158/
Relevancy 17.63%

SanDisk has come up with a clever take on a common PC accessory that kills two birds with one stone. Its new wireless mobile flash drive is designed to make it easier to transfer files between devices while simultaneously extending...

Read more

A:SanDisk's new wireless flash drive kills two birds with one stone

"...when you consider micro SD card slots on smartphones are on the way out."

Just because a prominent phone maker decides to experiment by not including the microSD slot, does not mean this tech is on the way out. There is REAL need for this, and if the big S doesn't want to include this in their phones, people will find other phones that do have this capability.
Lets not forget just how bad sales were/are for the S6.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sandisks-new-wireless-flash-drive-kills-two-birds-with-one-stone.216608/
Relevancy 18.49%

Specs Windows Home Premium ASUS Notebook G Series Intel Core i CPU Q GHx GB of ram Atheros off capability turning keeps Wireless AR Wireless Network Adapter Hello For the last two weeks my laptop has been having troubles with its network adapter Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Every time my computer starts up from sleep mode or just a normal start up my icon in the bottom right hand corner shows a black box with Wireless capability keeps turning off a plug in it and says no network connection available I then proceed by opening up the quot Network and Sharing Center quot clicking on the quot Change Adapter Settings quot button in the top left corner right click on the quot Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter quot icon and selecting quot Diagnose quot The diagnostic runs and asks me if I would like to turn on my wireless capabilities I click the quot Apply Fix quot button and it turns on my Adapter Here s the Detection Details Diagnostics Information Network Adapter Details about network adapter diagnosis Network adapter Wireless Network Connection driver information Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Manufacturer Atheros Communications Inc Provider Microsoft Version Inf File Name C Windows INF netathrx inf Inf File Date July- - PM Section Name ATHR DEV OS A B ndi Hardware ID pci ven c amp dev b amp subsys a b Instance Status Flags x a Device Manager Status Code IfType Physical Media Type Diagnostics Information Wireless Connectivity Details about wireless connectivity diagnosis Information for connection being diagnosed Interface GUID f ed -ab - d-ab c- fea b b f Interface name Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Interface type Native WiFi Connection incident diagnosed List of visible access point s item s total item s displayed Connection History Information for Auto Configuration ID List of visible networks item s total item s displayed List of preferred networks item s Diagnostic Information Wireless Connectivity Details about wireless connectivity diagnosis For complete information about this session see the wireless connectivity information event Helper Class Auto Configuration Initialize status Success Information for connection being diagnosed Interface GUID f ed -ab - d-ab c- fea b b f Interface name Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Interface type Native WiFi Result of diagnosis Problem found Root cause Wireless capability is turned off Detailed root cause Radio is off SW switch I THINK THE ISSUES HERE Repair option Turn on wireless capability Network Diagnostics Log File Name A - CE - A - E -F CE E CD Diagnose etl Other Networking Configuration and Logs File Name NetworkConfiguration cab I m not sure what the issue is my power setting shows that my adapter is set to maximum performance on both plugged-in and battery settings as well as the power management option showing that my computer is not allowed to turn off the adapter to save power So I m out of ideas and I can t find anything on google to help me out I appreciate any feedback on the issue Eric nbsp

A:Wireless capability keeps turning off

Check your windows settings and any software specific settings if there is a control panel other than the windows one for controlling the card. With my laptop the wifi always disconnects after a certain amount of time idle to save battery. Its not really uncommon.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-capability-keeps-turning-off.163578/
Relevancy 17.63%

I have an Aspire one NAV50 with Windows 7 starter.

One time, when I turned it on, The icon for wireless connection doesn't appear anymore. Every time I try troubleshoot it, it would just say that there is an ethernet cable unplugged. And so, I connected it into the ethernet cable and it works fine. But when I tried it again on the wireless connections, it doesn't locate to any wireless connection.

I've tried the ff on my laptop:

restart
update
scan the laptop with MalwareBytes
Fn+f2
by the way, last night, when I turned on again the laptop, the wireless connections can already be found. However, after few minutes, it went back to being unlocated again.

A:Laptop would work on ethernet cable not on Wireless Connections

I had doubt the Starter supports the Wireless connecting but since you say " the wireless connections can already be found.", so probably it's possible.
In this case and at the moment the thing I'm thinking about is the driver. Try to update its driver for wireless connecting. (You've said the 'update', but update of what?).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-would-work-on-ethernet-cable-not-on-wireless-connections.201158/
Relevancy 18.06%

hi there my wireless through cable work will not My only ethernet internet internet was My internet will only work through ethernet cable not wireless running fine until yesterday when I tried to connect to the internet the message quot windows can t communicate with the device or resource primary dns server quot came up I followed all methods on this website http answers microsoft com en-us w -b d ec fae but none of them worked for me I then returned my laptop to factory settings in the hope it will work but that didnt not work I then realised it works through the ethernet cable but not wireless I ran ipconfig all with my ethernet cable in and this is the result SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME THANKYOU Windows IP Configuration Host Name Nida-TOSH Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL CE Wireless LAN n PC I-E NIC Physical Address D -DF- A-EB- -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d fccc e c eb Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained October Lease Expires October Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -EB- A- A-B - -F -D - -E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address B - -F -D - -EF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap EEB-B - C-AC - CEB F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fb affc eb Pre erred Link-local IPv Address fe affc eb Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap DF D AB- BF- FA - CB -DFA C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:My internet will only work through ethernet cable not wireless

There may be an issue on the ISP side or router side since restoring to defaults didnt help. Or it could be an issue with the network adapter. Or it could be an issue with the firewall.

Try downloading running these tools (download via ethernet, run on wireless): Network Fix-It Tool (right click on the internet bars on the task bar in the bottom right hand side of the screen, and click "troubleshoot network...") and Firewall Fix-It Tool.

Did you install anything on your PC before this happened? Did Windows install any updates?

Try disabling your AntiVirus. That may be the issue. I doubt it though.

Tell me if any of these solutions help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-internet-will-only-work-through-ethernet-cable-not-wireless.197067/
Relevancy 18.06%

First of all, sorry for my bad english.
My pc was working perfectly for about a year now, but these days it started having problems.
In the past few weeks it started disconnecting from the internet with the message: you don't have a valid
ip configuration. (It was working on the other pc connected to the router with lan, and on the notebook connected through wifi)
A reboot of the pc/router did always solve my problem in these situations.
Yesterday, my internet connection started connecting/reconnecting, and I couldn't solve it in any way, not with
a restart, and not with that network repair tool (idk it's name, I have hungarian windows). When it stayed connected for more then 2 seconds I was even able to load google, youtube, other sites,
I tried some solutions, like disabling the energy saver settings, setting it to 10mb half duplex, etc, but nothing worked, my
internet kept connecting/reconnecting.
Today I started my pc and it works perfectly.. Any ideas on how to solve it? I have the newest lan driver.

My mobo is Asrock 960gm-vgs3 fx.

A:Network keeps reconnecting

It appears that you manually configured the IP for at least one system.
DON'T do that - - make sure all systems use DHCP

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-keeps-reconnecting.216254/
Relevancy 17.63%

Razer on Tuesday unveiled what it's calling the world's most advanced gaming mouse. Now in its third iteration, the 2015 Razer Mamba features a brand new 5G laser sensor and Adjustable Click Force Technology, among other features.

Read more

A:Razer's new Mamba features 16,000 DPI laser sensor in wired and wireless configurations

I'll pass. I don't game on anything that low. :\
Does anyone even go outside the 800-2000dpi range? I keep my mouse at 2000dpi.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/razers-new-mamba-features-16-000-dpi-laser-sensor-in-wired-and-wireless-configurations.214881/
Relevancy 17.63%

So I have 2 images from the Device manager.
The driver has a Yellow caution sign with "!" inside it.

My issues:
Cannot Connect to wireless, But can connect via Ethernet Cable.

My troubleshooter said the drive couldn't start, and that I needed a Wireless Cable to plugin to the computer.

This is my school computer, my help desk helped before but they are out of office because its summer break.

Device Manager > Components > Problem Devices
Atheros AR5B97 Wireless Network Adapter PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002E&SUBSYS_E034105B&REV_01\4&124A40C8&0&00E1 This device cannot start.
Also 2 things.
I tried disabling my Bluetooth High Speed, it did nothing.
I do not know if this is the right thread, because this is my first post, if there is anymore information you need to know please contact me.

A:Atheros AR5B97 driver not letting me connect to wireless

Hi and welcome to the boards.

How old is this system? Sometimes the wireless card will fail and a new one can be installed.

However, you can upload and install the latest wireless network driver for your system via ethernet cable. Sometimes that is all you need. If it is a built system like a Dell then go to the manufacture's website if this was a system that was built by yourself or someone else then go to the motherboard's website.

Please keep us updated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/atheros-ar5b97-driver-not-letting-me-connect-to-wireless.215528/
Relevancy 17.2%

Resolved DNS on other on one problem working laptop, DNS network computers problem on one laptop other computers on network working I returned home for the holidays with my laptop running Windows Enterprise -bit When I connect to the wireless network my laptop reports that it is connected with internet access but there is no browsing capability at all P P works Steam works but Chrome Firefox Steam browser give me DNS problem on one laptop, other computers on network working the quot This webpage is not available quot page telling me that the DNS lookup failed All the other computers at home are working happily My settings were to obtain an IP address and DNS server address automatically nslookup said DNS request timed out It didn t work with the wireless or the wired internet with an ethernet cable I set up another network by using my iPhone as a hotspot to make sure it wasn t an issue with all connections and my computer could browse just fine using the iPhone hotspot But it didn t work with my home connection The first thing I tried was to use openDNS s DNS addresses and with my home connection It still failed and nslookup gave the same quot DNS request timed out quot I reset the modem router it s combined unfortunately to factory settings and tried directly connecting with an ethernet cable again It worked for half a second and I opened webpages before it stopped and gave the DNS errors again I tried the wireless internet and it still didn t work I can connect to the modem router I made a guest network just to try it and I got DNS errors again When I reconnected to my primary network it worked for half a second again then stopped My next attempt to fix it was going to the cmd prompt and typing ipconfig release then ipconfig renew I restarted my computer and tried again but I still received the same errors with P P working like before I turned off my firewall and tried but it still didn t work Then I tried ipconfig registerdns restarted my computer and tried again Still didn t work At this point IPv has been disabled but it s still not working I restarted the modem router multiple times but it does nothing to alleviate the problem I have Microsoft Security Essentials did a scan nothing detected Also tried System Restore to two days ago got an error about how it failed Summary Using openDNS address Turned off IPv ipconfig release ipconfig renew ipconfig registerdns no virus trojan system restore failed None of the above worked Other computers at home using the ISP s provided DNS server work My computer works with other connections but not my home network Is there anything else I can try Thanks in advance nbsp

A:DNS problem on one laptop, other computers on network working

Fe3C said:

Summary:
Using openDNS address.
Turned off IPv6
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /registerdns
no virus/trojan
system restore failed

None of the above worked.
Other computers at home using the ISP's provided DNS server work[1].
My computer works with other connections, but not my home network.Click to expand...

Good work. The router is fine[1] so don't fuss with it anymore.

Look for an updated driver for your WiFi adaptor.

On any working system run IPCONFIG /ALL and compare it to the results on the failing system. Look for missing Gateway address or IP address like 169.x.y.z

Some concern re failing system restore, but that's not a networking problem per se.

Work on a wired network first and then move to wifi.
Empty all manual settings on the LAN Connection (get properties, scroll to tcp/ip, click property button - - check ALL tabs; delete everything.

You should be able to PING 8.8.8.8 and then PING google-public-dns-a.google.com.
This shows the LAN adaptor has connectivity and DNS resolution.

Now do the very same sequence with your WiFi connection.
Disconnection from the router and then reconnect.
Inspect IPCONFIG /ALL again to look for valid IP addr, gateway addr and valid DNS settings. (not the OpenDNS you had before).

ping 8.8.8.8 ; if this doesn't work, then the WiFi settings are invalid even before DNS is an issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-problem-on-one-laptop-other-computers-on-network-working.174565/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hey guys,

I had a quick question about a network at home.

My house is 15m tall and 9m wide, I want to network 3 computers (mine, wife, son).

Should I wire the house with Ethernet cat 5e cable and put a 100 base T switch?
Or
Just put a Wi-Fi access point and Wi Fi cards for the 3 computers.

I prefer wireless, but I?ve heard Ethernet would have slightly faster speeds due to less aerial interference.

Suggestions? Solutions? Thank you!

A:A network for home? Which one?

First of all... don't put a 100 base T switch anywhere but the backup bin. If you're going to bother wiring anything put in GbE as it's inexpensive now. Also, if you're going to bother with any wiring then I'd put in the best/fastest type I could find to future proof it as much as possible. Fishing cable isn't something you want to repeat in a couple of years.

To more directly answer your question, Wi-Fi will probably be fine for you depending on the distance from your WAP (wireless access point) and what your walls are made of. You'll also need to keep in mind any other Wi-Fi interference so the distance to your neighbors can have an affect. All that being said any modern WAP will be faster than a 100 base T switch under normal conditions when it comes to throughput (how much data you can move) - but worse when it comes to latency (how long a specific bit of data takes to get from one point to another). If you're playing games you'll want low latency. If you're just streaming content or moving files around then you just want throughput.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-network-for-home-which-one.213242/
Relevancy 17.63%

Ok so I do not know if this is the right forum or site to ask this question to be honest It applies to Linux though more applies to a networking issue So here is the problem I currently live in an apartment that has its own network that is given to them by their ISP So my router is getting its ip address from their DHCP server router and then I give out my own problem Apartment Network IP address via my own router So Im trying to be able to SSH into my machine or even just to remote desktop onto my Windows side I have my router set up accordingly and I can ssh into my machine when I am on their own network not my own but when I am away I cannot because Apartment Network problem my routers IP address is unique in the apartment complexes network Does anyone know a solution to this I was thinking a VPN into their network Apartment Network problem and then SSH into my own afterwords Problem is I m really not sure if this is a solution and if so How do I do it Thank you for your time I hope someone has a solution to my problem nbsp

A:Apartment Network problem

This is a STATIC route or PORT FORWARD problem and without the consent the apartment owner, neither are possible.

Your data flow is

Code:
ISP == Apt.router---Your.router---your.pc
Assume the Apt.router is at address 192.168.1.1
If yours is anything else, then your lan is isolated from the apt and you have great security.
* to get Public access (eg from work) to your pc, you need to
cross the Apt.router nat, get to your.router and port forward to your pc - - complicated.​If your.router is on the Apt.lan (meaning you disable DHCP in your router)
you are exposed to all the other apartments,
and still need port forward to your PC, and that requires a FIXED address assignment in the apt.router.​
IMO, the conclusion is this is non-trivial, has dependencies on the good will of the apt owner/tech support guy and requires extra diligence on your systems for security & privacy.
This would need (imo) to be more than just 'I want to play games on the Internet'

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/apartment-network-problem.213209/
Relevancy 17.63%

So I'm in the market for a new wireless card for my desktop. The last one I bought was a piece of crap from the start. You don't generally see network card reviews. Was wondering what some good quality options would be.

A:Network card recommendations?

The best option would probably be a dual-band one that has 802.11ac support; if you've got an AP that supports the standard, it'd be worthwhile investing in that kind of card. They can be kinda expensive though (usually around $100 from what I've seen).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-card-recommendations.208722/
Relevancy 15.05%

I have a desktop computer that is running on Windows Xp, up until this morning, everything was fine, I could connect to the internet with no problem.

I turned on my computer, and it is telling me that the network cable is unplugged, as well as my network is not showing when i go to "my network connections"

But yet.....

I AM connected to my router, and there is no problem with the cord (I tried it on different computers as well as my Xbox 360 on the same port....so I know its not the router)....when I go into device manager, everything seems to be working correctly, and my network adapter and ethernet card both are marked as working properly.

Any ideas how I can fix this issue ?

A:"Network cable is unplugged" but its really not..

sadgyrl514 said:

I have a desktop computer that is running on Windows Xp, up until this morning, everything was fine, I could connect to the internet with no problem.

I turned on my computer, and it is telling me that the network cable is unplugged, as well as my network is not showing when i go to "my network connections"

But yet.....

I AM connected to my router, and there is no problem with the cord (I tried it on different computers as well as my Xbox 360 on the same port....so I know its not the router)....when I go into device manager, everything seems to be working correctly, and my network adapter and ethernet card both are marked as working properly.

Any ideas how I can fix this issue ?Click to expand...

Try rebooting,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-cable-is-unplugged-but-its-really-not.166539/
Relevancy 21.93%

Neither my keyboard or mouse are working on any of the 7 USB ports on my computer. My mouse was initially working, but I read somewhere if you delete the keyboard drivers you can reinstall them and it will work again. BUT when I was doing that I stupidly uninstalled my mouse driver so now NOTHING works. I can't try if it works in safe mode because my keyboard doesn't respond when I hit f12 during boot up.

When I plug in the mouse or keyboard, I get a window that pops up asking if I want to install the hardware, but it's impossible for me to do anything because my mouse and keyboard don't work! If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks!

A:My Dell Demension e510's (Window's XP) keyboard and mouse don't work

First I would try to find a different working keyboard because you should at less be able to boot into safe mode because the drivers don't even load until windows start loading.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dell-demension-e510s-windows-xp-keyboard-and-mouse-dont-work.211116/
Relevancy 18.06%

Many manufacturers have developed a touch-first approach to input devices, spurred by the rapidly evolving mobile revolution. Such methods work great on select devices but when it comes time to do some serious work, nothing has yet replaced the trusty...

Read more

A:Logitech's new MX Master Wireless Mouse said to be its best yet

Too bad they don't mention a left handed version.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logitechs-new-mx-master-wireless-mouse-said-to-be-its-best-yet.210722/
Relevancy 17.63%

Recently my Gbps has taken a serious nosedive I was around Gbps then it dropped dl Adapter 0.84Gbps Network The other computers on the network are getting Network Adapter 0.84Gbps dl great speeds it s just my computer My computer is running fine It s just the connection speeds This isn t just happening on WI-fi it s also happening when I plug in the Ethernet cord My network adapters are Broadcom n Network Adapter Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter Qualcomm Atheros AR PC-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS They are all up to date And I use Avast internet security Also I ve cleaned the cache in both firefox and chrome browsers I ve also removed all but add block add-ons I m using AARIS modum router through time warner cable And again the Network Adapter 0.84Gbps dl other computers are getting great speeds always up of Gbps I even checked my Mom brand new computer which is getting upwards of Gbps I ve called TWC they sent someone the wires were a bit loose and it fixed everyone s laptop but mine Please help I m clueless here Here is the Broadcom n Network Adapter settings - auto mhz - Disabled n Preamble - Auto Antenna Diversity - Auto AP Compatibility Mode - Higher performance Bandwidth capability - b g MHz Bluetooth Collaboration - Auto BSS PLCP Header - Auto Short Long BT-AMP - Enabled Disable Uon Wired Connect - Disabled Fragmentation Threshold - IBSS g tm Protection Mode - Auto IBSS Mode - b Only Locally Administered MAC Adress - not present Minimum Power Consumption - Enabled Mixed Cell Support - Disabled Power Output - Priority amp VLAN - Prioroity amp Vlan Disabled Rate - Best Rate Roam Tendency - Auto Roaming Decision - Auto RTS Threshold - Shorti GI - Auto WMM - Enabled WZC IBSS Chaneel Number - MHz XPress TM Technology - Disabled nbsp

A:Network Adapter 0.84Gbps dl

Also I recently installed windows 8. I've tried all sorts of things to get it to work. Still no luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-adapter-0-84gbps-dl.210602/
Relevancy 18.49%

My current wireless router, a 10-year-old Linksys (Wirless-G 2.4 Ghz 54Mbps), is past it and I'm on the lookout for a replacement. I am in the UK.

There are several devices that connect to it:

Nokia Lumia 520
Motorola Moto G
Now TV box
Sony Vaio laptop with Atheros AR9485WB-EG wireless network adapter
Dell Vostro 3750 laptop with Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030
IPad Mini 2 with Retina display

My ISP is Virgin Media and my current wireless router is connected to it's "Hub" (http://store.virginmedia.com/discover/broadband/explore/our-fastest-wireless.html)

As far as my home goes, the furthest any device is ever from the wireless router is about 10-12 metres. That involves passing through a one ceiling and a couple of walls. I've no idea about the materials used in the construction of the house.

I would be very grateful if someone could recommend a good replacement wireless router.

A:Wireless router recommendations

Look for a MIMO (multiple in/out rf) they have at least two antennas and maybe three. These are more powerful and should do the job.

Also consider an EoP device (Ethernet over Power) which uses your house wiring as a transport so you can
get a switch at the far-end to connect

Here's mine:
Code:

primary router --- wired devices
|
+---- wired to EoP(master) . . . . house wiring . . . EoP(slave) --- switch or access point

If you're careful with the setup, everything will be on the same subnet and print/file sharing is viable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-router-recommendations.210032/
Relevancy 21.5%

Whenever I connect my external hard disk to my laptop, my computer freezes as soon as I My Computer to access it or click on 'Open to view files' in the autorun menu. I cannot do once this happens. Not even task manager can be opened. The computer unfreezes and starts working fine after I unplug my hard disk. But it works just fine on my friend's laptop.
This started happening a few days ago. Till then I could use the hard disk normally without any problems. Can anyone please help me out with this problem?
My operating system is windows 7 and I am using Avast Internet Security 7 antivirus

A:My laptop freezes when I connect an external HDD

What type of external HDD is it? Of what Brand?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-freezes-when-i-connect-an-external-hdd.180809/
Relevancy 15.05%

I have an installation folder on my main machine(Windows 7) with all my software. I have repeatedly run into issues connecting odd devices to my shared folder. This time I have installed Windows 10 Technical Preview (on a different machine) and don't understand why it tells me I can't access my own machine. After all these years, you would think user friendly would be a reality. It seems to be a coin toss as to which machines will connect. I hate never knowing I can access my own machine without issue. Here I am trying to install applications but yet I can't get to my storage location.

What is the secret to sharing your machine, so that anyone on the same network can access shared folders?

Edit: I always turn on "Network Discovery" and "File and Print Sharing".

A:Network connection issues (year after year)

I'm more brutal via the firewall:

set trust localhost and your lan ip's, eg 192.168.0.1/24

then add two rules for only the PRIVATE PROFILE

inbound allow tcp/udp from 192.168.0.1/24 to any for ports 137-139,445
outbound allow tcp/udp from any to 192.168.0.1/24 for ports 137-139,445
I use a much more complicate scheme in reality to enforce known vs unknown devices and to segregate WiFI from wired access, but that's just me.

In services, ensure these are running

Bonjour Service ( mDNSResponder)
fdPHost
Network Connections
Network List Service
Network Location Awareness

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-connection-issues-year-after-year.208880/
Relevancy 18.49%

ALL I did was replace the almost dead batteries & now its a pita to click on something.
Its like the cursor is on ice, I move it up to click on a bookmark & it slides on by & I have to s l o w l y move it into the area.Its a wireless Microsoft mouse.

A:Odd wireless mouse behavior

Open Mouse by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Hardware, and then clicking Mouse.
Click the Pointer Options tab, and then do any of the following: To change the speed at which the mouse pointer moves, move the Select a pointer speed slider towards Slow or Fast.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/odd-wireless-mouse-behavior.208493/
Relevancy 18.49%

I am using an AT&T supplied 2wire homeportal 3801 hgv gateway for telephone and wireless functions. The Linksys RE1000 wireless-n range extender does not provide the range needed. Can a Linksys N900 or E3000 wireless N router be used as a repeater? If so, how are the gateway and router to be configured?

A:Using a wireless router as a repeater

Code:

modem ==>primary router (wifi on chnl 1)
|
(a lan slot)
|
+-----wired connection --(a lan slot) secondary router (wifi on chnl 11)

the secondary wan slot is left empty

* use the same SSID and password on both for simplicity
* config the secondary to NO use DHCP - - this forces the primary to do all assignments

full print/file share is functional in this setup ( I use it myself).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-a-wireless-router-as-a-repeater.208124/
Relevancy 17.63%

So this thread is probably going to have a lot of information on it Timeouts Other Network Issues & but please don Timeouts & Other Network Issues t be discouraged I really really need help with some issues I ve been having and if someone could solve this for me that would be amazing So I ve been experiencing timeouts It seems I get timeouts whenever using Timeouts & Other Network Issues some sort of wired connection If I used an ethernet cable connected to my router I would get timeouts in several applications such as Minecraft and Teamspeak If I used Wireless I was fine So after lots of troubleshooting I couldn t find a fix so I ve been using Wireless ever since Lately however my wireless has been unusually slow not for everyone in the house just for me So what I did to solve the issue is I setup a D-Link DIR in my room to act as a Wireless Access Point I now get slightly faster speeds and bar connection rather than the bars I was getting previously Now I thought I wouldn t get these stupid timeout errors when connecting to this Wireless Timeouts & Other Network Issues Access Point turns out I still do On Teamspeak for example I will be talking to people and everything will be completely normal I won t lag or anything and then BOOM I get disconnected As I said no lag no warning I just get disconnected It s almost as though my router is randomly cutting me off So what I thought I d do was replace my primary router BoB Lite with the D-Link DIR and then use Wired connection because I assumed that the BoB Lite was causing the timeout issues Now I can t even connect to anything wired I must have changed a setting when troubleshooting or something But now I can t source internet from my laptop ICS and I can t connect to my original or new router wired The only way I can currently get internet is by using the DIR in my room but I still get timeouts when using applications such as Minecraft and Teamspeak So yeah multiple issues Firstly if I could just solve the timeouts then that would solve everything I could continue connecting to the modem in my room and everything would be fine OR is there a way I could someone reset all my network settings that I may have messed up when troubleshooting As I can no longer connect to any modem with a wired connection not even the DIR which could have solved the problem If anyone could help me out that would be GREATLY appreciated This is a really annoying issue and I ve tried to troubleshoot it myself for ages now but with no luck IF anything in this thread doesn t make sense to you please tell me and I ll gladly explain myself Additional Summarised Information My primary router is a BoB Lite my ISP is iiNet The modem in my room is a D-Link DIR I m using a NetComm N USB Adapter to connect to Wi-Fi I m using Windows Ultimate -bit Thanks very much Innug nbsp

A:Timeouts & Other Network Issues

Get a command prompt
enter PING 8.8.8.8

does that timeout or return timing values?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/timeouts-other-network-issues.207544/
Relevancy 18.49%

I've upgraded to fiber abonement 35/35mb and my integrated network card can't take that much so I have to upgraded that part too and I was thinking about Linksys AE3000 Dual-Band usb adapter, as my budget is pretty tight right now.

Does anyone have any experience on how gaming will be wireless or if that is a decent card ??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-gaming.207463/
Relevancy 17.63%

I was watching a tv show on nbc on my dell inspirion when I lost Wi-Fi. I checked and I had no signal and it wasn't even showing any available networks. I called dell and they ran me through a diagnostics. But once they saw my McAfee was expired and I wasn't paying extra for tech support they wouldn't help. Now it's not even showing Wi-Fi in my network connections just Ethernet. Please help

A:No Wi-Fi listed in network settings

IMO, McAffee isn't worth $$; ditch it and get WiFi running again.

THEN, choose { Avast or AVG } as your A/V product, DL & install.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-wi-fi-listed-in-network-settings.206899/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi Guys,
Recently my laptop keeps disconnecting from the wi-fi and I get an error saying unidentified network, I try to troubleshoot, it tries to reset the wireless network adapter and then the computer freezes. After I reset the laptop the problem can happen again within a couple of minutes. The driver software is fully up to date and I have no idea what else I can do. It is an Acer Aspire 5750G running Windows 7. Please help it's making my laptop almost completely unusable

A:Unidentified Network

Have you tried a wired connection does that work any better?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unidentified-network.206848/
Relevancy 16.77%

I bought a ADSL Modem D-Link 2730U

We are connecting to the Modem via Laptop, PC, Phone,... at the same time.

I want to know how can I monitor network(Receive/Send) for each user who connected to the Modem.

Can I do such thing?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitoring-network-for-each-user-connected-to-adsl-router-modem.206910/
Relevancy 36.12%

My wireless is not working on my computer, just a couple months ago I reset my computer using the ISO file, now my computer will only connect to the Ethernet cable. The wireless switch is on. I see a button near the VAIO button that shows a computer with signals coming off of it, I've tried pressing it but it doesn't do anything. Computer specs: VAIO Song Laptop with 6 GB Ram and 1 TB HDD.

A:Wireless network not working

Sounds like when you reset your computer the proper wireless drivers were not re-installed. I would start looking for a solution for this. What Operating System does it have (Windows 7 / Windows 8.1/ etc.)? Have you tried to remove the Wireless drivers and re-install those? How about downloading and installing updated drivers from the VAIO website?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-not-working.206511/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi. This is my first post on this forum.

I would like to ask some help regarding a problem with my internet connection. Connecting our separate PC and my Laptop to my LAN works perfectly fine but when I use our wireless network to connect my laptop and phone, that's when the problem occurs. I tried rebooting the router (unplugging the power switch, cables and such). And I also tried rebooting my phone and laptop but nothing works. I also tried looking at the router settings and tried changing the security settings to none to see if I can connect but still cant.
I just don't know what the problem is. Can you help me?
Thank you.

A:Can connect to LAN but not on wireless network

Hey strings12. A bit more info on your equipment would be helpful.
1) What is the OS (Operating System) and Service Pack Level of your laptop, SP1,2,3 ?. rIght click on My Computer icon and select Properties
2) Are we talking about one laptop here?
3)Is your router secured and what encryption method are you using, WEP,WPA or WPA2

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-connect-to-lan-but-not-on-wireless-network.198872/
Relevancy 18.49%

So I got this new Compaq Presario CQ57 with some upgraded graphics, upgraded processor, all that good stuff, but every time I try to do something or go online, after a while it just stops being connected. The Network and Sharing center says that I'm connected, and I haven't accidentally hit the button to turn Wi-Fi off, but it's seemingly at random and I don't know what to do. Any thoughts?

A:Wireless Laptop Sucks

What website? Try news.goolge.com and browse about there for awhile.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-laptop-sucks.203931/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hello all,

I use an ADSL for Internet. The modem is wiry (not wireless). I plug the Ethernet cable from that modem into my laptop for accessing Internet. Everything until now is OK. But I want use the Internet on my cell phone as well. For it I need to use the wifi card of the laptop, this time, as a sender, for wifi Internet accessing for the cell phone!

1- Is it possible?
2- If yes, How to configure that card please?

Thanks.

A:Using laptop as a wireless modem for wifi uses

What kind of phone do you have? If you have wifi, I don't understand why you can't go into the wifi setting on your phone, find wifi & amongst other possible networks should be yours.
Or just get the manual for it , online if need be & go for it. Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-laptop-as-a-wireless-modem-for-wifi-uses.206334/
Relevancy 35.26%

I m been having some network problems and I m really not sure to make of any of them Networking was never my strong point but I ve done everything I m capable of to try and diagnose and fix this problem So I have comcast and use my own router The last router I had was a netgear and needed replaced because it would restart itself randomly multiple times a day and I d be without internet for about - minutes at a time Instead network wireless Help connection diagnosing problems of trying constantly to fix it I just bought a linksys C to replace it with This problem started happening a little over a month ago and it manifests is self differently every time and the symptoms just don t at up in any logical way before I go out and buy a new router I want to ask you guys Obviously I get disconnected for about a minute at a time but Help diagnosing wireless network connection problems I also have long periods of just EXTREMELY slow internet Help diagnosing wireless network connection problems speeds I m talking mbps down to less than mbps The odd part comes in when I do a speed test during one of these drops in speed The speed test says I m getting all mbps of my connection but the youtube video I ll be watching will need to buffer Pages will also load very slowly but not all of them Techspot Youtube and Outlook all take forever to load during these slow downs but others will load just fine I can t figure out if this is the router or comcast It problem seems like it is a router problem because of me getting disconnected from my router but during these slow downs I can still access my router just fine and my internet speed will be displayed correctly I only have one computer connected to wifi so I can t test other machines What do you guys make of this Also what are some tests I can run to help diagnose this problem I m at wits end about this whole thing The disconnects seems to have stopped when I changed channels in my router to channel but I m still having this severe slow down issue Also as a side note I recently upgraded to xfinity and it came with a new modem These slowdowns have been occurring on both modems which leads me to believe it is the router Here is what I ve tried doing so far gt upgrading firmware gt changing ethernet cables gt changing modems gt changing wireless cards gt adjusting channels gt using different types of security WEP MAC WPA gt reinstalling windows gt using different browsers nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-diagnosing-wireless-network-connection-problems.204969/
Relevancy 17.2%

Here again since I have the most weird problem ever which I have never seen nor heard of before. I recently upgraded the OS on a friends computer, from Vista to 7. However now I can't seem to get the onboard ethernet adapter to work, it can't be seen in device manager nor anywhere else. I have tried to reset the bios (by removing the cmos battery) and I have also checked that the network adapter is set to 'Enabled'. Also, when I connect the cable to the ethernet port no lights go on, it doesn't give any sort of hope what so ever. The cable is ok, the "modem" is ok, and everything else seems to be in order and yet it doesn't work.

Computer in question:
HP Pavilion 6530sc
Non-default GPU and added 1Gb RAM

A:Solved: Computer doesn't recognize the network adapter

Whenever you install a new OS, always take note of the model of core system hardware like GPU, chipset, and ethernet/wifi (there are a few others that aren't as important, but nice to have updated) since those are critical to your computers core functionality.

However, a quick google search of your model yielded me with your PC's system specs. Your PC contains a Realtek RTL8201N ethernet adapter. So far I am unable to find a driver from Realtek itself and the HP driver is not Realtek, but instead nVidia nForce.

So after a bit of searching, I came across this: it seems to me that you have an old chipset from nVidia. I am not completely sure, but I think you have an ION chipset. Try installing this ION chipset driver (64 bit) ==OR== this ION chipset driver (32 bit) and tell me if it works. It should include the necessary component drivers and if it works, it means you have an ION chipset like I suspected.

Here are the specifications for your PC BTW.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solved-computer-doesnt-recognize-the-network-adapter.204750/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hello:

I know there are a million of these posts however, I couldn't find my specific problem. I have an Xbox 360 wireless controller connected to my PC. Normally the light indicating 1 is light. This lasts for about 5 seconds. Then the light for controller 4 lights at the same time and then 2 and 3 and then 1 and 4 and so on (this happens very quickly). During all this time the controller works fine. Except that every once in a while it disconnects (no lights). Pressing the xbox button inmediately connects it again but is very annoying.

Any help what might be the issue? Also, it worked fine before. Ive just stopped using it for a while and when I went to use again, the problem started.

Thanks for any help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xbox-360-wireless-controller-disconnects-from-pc.204770/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hello I own a Windows PC LG Optimus X Sony Xperia U Samsung Galaxy Tab Xiaomi MI All of these are connected to my Router via WiFi and they work like a charm I recently purchased G-Box Does WGR614 Not Wireless-N Allow MX2 Router Netgear G-Box 150 Midnight Midnight MX All The Way From US - India THE PROBLEM Does Not Connect Over WiFi But Works Perfectly Over Ethernet Cable The device currently connected to my TV and I am using an Ethernet Cable connected to my Router recognizes my router name But when I enter the password it says connecting for - seconds and nothing happens When the Ethernet Cable was already connected and when I tried to connect via WiFi the device prompted a message that it cannot connect to the Router via Cable and WiFi at the same time So I ve tried all the Netgear WGR614 Wireless-N 150 Router Does Not Allow G-Box Midnight MX2 ways possible by removing the Ethernet Cable What I ve Done MAC Address Already Added To Router s Attached Devices Disconnected Switched Off A Hundred Times Tried All Security Options On Router None WPS Security Key Blah Blah Blah Also Installed WiFi Fixer using Ethernet I don t know what s happening but I could see something Connecting Disconnecting Connecting Disconnecting FYI I Earlier Tried To Connect A Netgear WGR614 Wireless-N 150 Router Does Not Allow G-Box Midnight MX2 Dell Laptop and it showed Limited No Connectivity The Laptop was at my place only for a day so we managed by Ethernet and never bothered when it did not connect over WiFi The same problem occurred when I tried to make my PC Wireless by using a WiFi Adapter I tried tried tried but Netgear WGR614 Wireless-N 150 Router Does Not Allow G-Box Midnight MX2 ignored as it was not a requirement But Now I m Helpless I Need This Device To Connect via WiFi Please Help nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/netgear-wgr614-wireless-n-150-router-does-not-allow-g-box-midnight-mx2.204470/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi , my wifi dosent open facebook or browser but it can open watsapp , viber ..... etc and when I connect my pc to it torrent work fine and download but dosent open any page on browser so please help

A:Problem with tp-link N wireless router

Are you sure FB isn't blocked in Egypt (I see that you are from there via your profile)? That could be the issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-tp-link-n-wireless-router.204205/
Relevancy 18.06%

Okay next Monday (July 21st) I go in for a hernia operation, I am going to be laid up for awhile and thankfully I have a laptop I can use while recovering upstairs in my bedroom. I can access my Netgear router but the signal is not that strong (bedroom and downstairs office are on opposite corners).

So I have been pondering getting either an Access Point or a Extender for the upstairs but there are so many to choose from I am not sure what to choose nor what brand because the reviews are strongly mixed regardless of who the manufacturer is.

My Needs:
1. Both 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz. I've looked at this one but I am not sure: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1688200382&pf_rd_i=507846

2. Something simple to set-up.

3. It must work with WPA security. The above one I linked to, after firther research does not do well with WPA.

A:Access Point or Extender for Upstairs Wireless?

Really NEED 5ghz? dual band systems seem to impact the reliability AND the distance reached.
You could lock it down to use only 2.4Ghz and improve the reliability.

I solved my distance issue using an EoP device and then any WiFi router at the remote end.
That's TWO purchases; The EoP master/slave pair to get wired access into the remote location and then the WiFi router itself. I've always been partial to Netgear and bought their EoP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/access-point-or-extender-for-upstairs-wireless.203893/
Relevancy 17.63%

Sorry for that long title. Anyway, I was watching some YouTube videos when my wi-fi suddenly stopped worked. With this, I don't mean that I'm not catching signal from my router. I mean that my computer isn't receiving signal from any network. I don't know anyway to fix this, it never happened. I also won't buy a new computer. I got this on Christmas and I think that 7 months isn't that old. Also, the only tutorial I found doesn't applies to my computer (It was for a mac ). I have no idea of how to fix this and if you know, PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!! (If you are curious of how I am posting this, it works with Ethernet connection)
It's an ASUS computer with Windows 8.

A:My Computer Isn't getting signal from any Wi-Fi Network

Give the following a try and see if it helps:
Go to network sharing center - change adapter setting - click on wifi and then Diagnose this connection.

If this does not help, please let us know and we can suggest something else to try.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-isnt-getting-signal-from-any-wi-fi-network.203822/
Relevancy 18.06%

I have a Windows 8.1 Laptop and yesterday it said I had no connections.
My computer is wireless but then it went to Ethernet it didn't let me connect to anything either.
I tried looking things up to see how to fix it but it just kept talking about buying cables.

Anyone know whats wrong?

A:How to fix Windows Laptop When it goes from wireless to ethernet

You may try to disable your Ethernet adapter (wired connection) while you're connected via a wireless connection through your wireless adapter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-fix-windows-laptop-when-it-goes-from-wireless-to-ethernet.203484/
Relevancy 17.2%

I have a HP 650 notebook that is in ok condition with Windows 8 OS. It uses a Ralink 3290 wireless adapter for my wi-fi needs. For the past three months, my adapter has been vanishing! I look at the indicator in my bar, and it shows no device available. I open up the Network and sharing Center and select the change adapter settings, and the only thing showing is an ethernet connection that I don't use. I can sometimes get the adapter to return by using the find and fix devices option on the search menu, but sometimes even that doesn't work. I've even been getting the "This device cannot find enough free resources (code 12)" message for the Ralink PCIe from the troubleshooter. while I did see an article on this elsewhere, I had some trouble understanding it. Can anyone help me figure out why this is happening to my laptop? Thanks for any help you can provide.

A:Vanishing Network adapter and resuorce problem

You might need to update and install the laptops chipset drivers. And also try to update the driver for your wireless adapter from the manufactures site or from the HP support page.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vanishing-network-adapter-and-resuorce-problem.203293/
Relevancy 18.06%

I created a wireless coverage map using a device.
Does my coverage map apply just for that device or does that coverage apply to other devices?

I want to improve wireless coverage both indoors and outdoors.
What is the best way to do that?
Do I need a device for both indoors and outdoors to improve the signal strength?

Money is not an issue. I want the best solution.
Thank you!

A:How Can I Amplify Wireless Coverage Indoors and Outdoors?

WiFi range is limited by two primary factors

Frequency (lower travels further)

RF power output
Max range is therefore achieved by staying in the 2.4ghz band and not allowing the newer 5ghz AND using a wifi router with good RF output. It seems to follow that the higher the RF output, the shorter the life of the router.

The MIMO (multiple-in, multiple-out) class routers (ie has more than one antenna)
will deliver the best.

There are Range Extenders which are just 'repeaters' and boost the RF from that specific location.

If you daisy chain a primary, one secondary and add a range extender, I suggest using the same SSID for each, but unique RF channels to reduce interference.
{eg primary on 1, secondary on 6, extender on 11}

NOW the $64 question: What's the need for range over open ground?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-amplify-wireless-coverage-indoors-and-outdoors.203304/
Relevancy 16.77%

I have an internet connection that I have extended to my Brother in law's house, next door. At the moment, I basically have two LAN cables coming out of my modem/router, one going to my computer and another, extended cable, going to his computer.
However, he wants to use his spare modem/router, which has wifi capability, to allow his son to use his own computer downstair with only wifi.
Therefore, will there be any conflicts if I simply splice in a Lan cable or add a lan socket for the second modem/router (wifi location.) at the appropriate point along Lan cable 2? See diagram below.
If there is a possibility of conflict what would be an alternate wiring method?

Thanks,
Tom.

A:Adding extra wifi (modem/router) to my already extended network

Good drawing and this will work just fine. In fact, that's what I use to get access at the far end of the house. Here's the trick;

router#1(lan slot) ---- (lan slot) router#2 with wifi​
Notice that #2 WAN slot is left empty! This places all systems on the same subnet of the router#1 {what you are doing is making router#2 act like a switch which has wifi support (y) }

* Give router# a unique LAN address (If #1 is 192.168.1.1, then make #2 192.168.1.1) This will allow each to be manage via a browser connection
* in router#2 disable DHCP. This forces #1 to be the manager of the entire network and it will handout all IP addresses
Personally, I use the MAC addresses of my devices to enable router#1 to use Address Reservation of IP address for all devices attached to #1 (ie I map the devices to the range 1.2-> 1.10)

Then set the DHCP range in #1 to 1.100-1.50
These will be used for all devices attached (wired or wifi) to #2

Optional:
All systems can then use the firewall to allow or deny access for one or both halves of the network. EG: I permit access for 1-10 and 255 while denying 100-254​ALL system must allow the top-end address 255 as that is the broadcast address that is used to hand out the DHCP data.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-extra-wifi-modem-router-to-my-already-extended-network.203204/
Relevancy 24.51%

I am in an office building with 40 or so tenants. The entire building is wired to one central network (let's call it main network) controlled by SonicWall where each office has one live network drop. The main network is set up in such a way that tenants can plug in their own switches and routers if they want more network connected devices in their office. The office building has a network printer connected to main network where tenants can print to it. However, when tenants have their own routers in their office you cannot really connect to the network printer that is connected to main network. Is there something I can port, bridge or set-up where they can print to it?

A:Printing to network printer on another network

I think that as long as the tenant's router is connected to the main network they should still be able to access that printer provided that the WAN IP address of their routers is within the IP range of the main network where the Network printer is attached.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printing-to-network-printer-on-another-network.203071/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi, not great with computers and had a look around at various forums and can't find a solution to my problem.

Essentially, whilst I can view the wireless network connections available, I cannot connect to the wireless connection I want to although all other computers at home can connect.

I think the issue is that I have no IP address on this computer (using Windows XP that has just been reinstalled). The result of ipconfig/release is:
No operation can be performed on Wireless Network Connection 2 while it has its media disconnected.

Sorry if further information is required, will provide whatever is needed. Thanks for any help!

A:Wireless Connection Media Disconnected (Windows XP)

First disconnect any wired connection and THEN attempt the wifi.
Something called DHCP is responsible to give the PC an IP address and also the DNS addresses (regardless of wired or wireless).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-connection-media-disconnected-windows-xp.203103/
Relevancy 18.06%

My living arrangement has it so that my computer is about 25 yards away from the router. I have high speed internet, and if I'm on a laptop right next to the router, I can easily get 30 mb/s. But when I'm at my computer which is 25 yards away, I get speeds of about 8 mb/s or less (often 1 - 2 mb/s).

The router and wireless adapter that I have both seem to be top tier, but I'm not sure:
http://amzn.to/1pcUvtF
http://amzn.to/1oiLkbI

My question is, are there any *significantly* better options than the ones I just linked, as far as signal distance? Or is the current technology in routers and wireless adapters limited?

A:The max range of wireless routers and adapters

To directly answer your question: No.

What should help you out: Drop it to 2.4Ghz rather than 5. That will get you increased range, and through that at a fixed range - faster speeds. You'll lose the ability to run 802.11ac and have to fall back to 802.11n, but you'll be happier since you weren't getting ac speeds anyway.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-max-range-of-wireless-routers-and-adapters.203058/
Relevancy 21.5%

Please help me with my prob.my laptop seems fine when im using it without internet.but when I open my browsers after a few seconds it will freeze so I have to restart my laptop again.I dont know what seems to be the problem.

A:My laptop freezes when i try using internet

Does it happen to all browsers (e.g IE, Chrome, Firefox, Palemoon)?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-freezes-when-i-try-using-internet.202817/
Relevancy 18.49%

You can see several wireless charging transmitters with QI standard in the market now, QI standard is released by Wireless Power Consortium. The advantage of wireless charger is quick-acting charging, you just need to put your phone on it, and then the phone will get full of power through the magnetic induction. A superior and rapid charging experience without any wires, it is ideal for travelling. However, the wireless charging technology isn?t stable enough now, the speed of it is slower than wired charging. Another problem is heat problem, and it directly leads to the slower charging speed, so what is your comment on wireless charger?

A:Wireless charger

Wireless charging will never be as efficient as a direct connection. And with that said it counters the concept of going green. It is as ridiculous as having 4K resolution on a tablet. People want it because it is new and nobody else has it. Like 4K, wireless charging can be useful but not as a replacement for everything.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-charger.202857/
Relevancy 15.91%

Hi all

I have got a new desktop PC, which works fine with Ethernet but I am not able to connect through wireless.When I tried to connect to the broadband, it says error connecting to the Broadband connection
Error 651: The modem (or other connecting device) has reported error. However, same comnnection works very well with my vista home premium Dell Laptop.

Thanks in advance
Pxray

A:HP Pavillion PC with windows 8 works ethernet works well but not able to connect through wireless

How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-pc-with-windows-8-works-ethernet-works-well-but-not-able-to-connect-through-wireless.202705/
Relevancy 17.2%

Greetings my fellow technologists I have routers and internet connection and want to set up a second wireless network using the Dual 1 Internet Creation with connection Network DDWRT same internet connection for VPN purposes The routers are Router A TPLink TL-WR N non DD WRT flashed Router B Linksys E DD WRT flashed Router A is connected directly to my company s network and works fine broadcasting DDWRT Dual Network Creation with 1 Internet connection its own wireless network BENMAO BENMAO s Router A configuration settings are below LAN IP LAN MAC BC-D - - - - A WAN MAC SAME WAN IP WAN SUBNET WAN GATEWAY WAN DNS I have connected Router B to Router A via Ethernet cable Port on Router A to INTERNET port on DDWRT Router B but get no internet access on Router B using DHCP with Automatic settings I am willing to change any settings and experiment to produce connectivity on the second network BENMAOVPN but don t know what to change in the protocol settings and there is very little information on Internet DDWRT forums It seems there are multiple DHCP DNS and IP conflict issues which I don t really have a good grasp of here The DDWRT router Router B is highly customizable but I admit I don t know whether to set is as an Access Point Client Bridge Bridge Repeater or Ad Hoc but I know I do NOT want to quot cascade quot the routers into wireless network Also Router B probably needs to be set to function as a Router rather than a Gateway When I replace Router A with Router B its just plug and play everything works fine and I can actually put all my devices on a wireless VPN so setting up the wireless VPN is not the issue its just getting Router B to accept the signal from Router A So bottom line is I need to know how to set Routers A amp B to share the Internet signal from Router A to Router B and then have Router B broadcasting a DIFFERENT network Thanks for any help in advance nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ddwrt-dual-network-creation-with-1-internet-connection.202411/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have a D-Link DSL-2741B router, Internet via LAN cable is working normally but over wereless me the real problem can not be conect.Try I have a laptop and a mobile phone. I reset the router and re-configured, but still can not connect to wereless.Of laptp I did a new system of Windows 8, installed new drivers, I've tried but will.Problems originated from before 2-3 days. Please help if someone has a solution. thank you

PS: Ive literally tried everything including uninstalling/reinstalling network card, restore points (there are none), a windows update download, and reformatting the hard drive (wont let me). Any help is appreciated.

A:I can not connect to wireless

Look at the device manager (CP->Computer Mgmt->device mgr) and expand [+] Network adapters. If there are yellow or red marks, then the driver is at fault.

If not, then it's the settings of one of these:

the adapter
the firewall
the router

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-can-not-connect-to-wireless.202161/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi gang. My usb modem HAS to be unplugged then plugged in for it to work?
Even if PC is off when I do this it will automatically start/connect when windows(7) loads and will work normally. If I don't do this I can not get it to work?
'device mngr' shows it as an 'unknown device'?
I have reinstalled it to no avail.

A:USB wireless issue

Are you talking about a modem or a usb network adapter?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-wireless-issue.201928/
Relevancy 18.49%

Not sure if this is the correct section to post this question.
I have a desktop PC which is using 'Clear Wireless' as my internet connection.
If I set up another desktop PC in another room.....how do I get it to also use the same wireless connection?
This might sound like a silly question, but when you get my age, your lucky if you can remember what day it is.

A:Wireless connection?

"Clear Wireless" appears to be a service of Sprint. and also WiMAX
meaning you don't have a Modem or Router but take your connection directly off the radio waves - - can you confirm?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-connection.201898/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue connecting to my wireless network with my computer. Things were working fine until a few weeks ago when the wifi on my computer stopped connecting; now I can only get internet through a wired connection (although the fact I can do this is strange to me). My rooommate is not having any issues with the wireless whatsoever. I have a fairly new acer aspire s7 which has no difficulties connecting to any other wireless network while I am at campus or have gone home for the weekend. I'm at a loss as to how to fix this issue as it has become impossible to do any form of research while I am at home. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Jay

A:Laptop issue connecting to wireless internet but connects w/ LAN

Posibilities are your wireless signal is not in range or the wireless router is full of user who are connected to it, or it surpasses the user's limit.. how many user's has wifi connected to the wireless router?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-issue-connecting-to-wireless-internet-but-connects-w-lan.201675/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hello, totally noob to phone networks. I am going to have a US version of Galaxy S5 and order an extra battery for it on mpj. Can I use both of them on overseas carriers? Thank you for any kindly help.

A:Can I use my phone on overseas network?

The specs shown here declare

Also known as Samsung GS 5
Available as:
Samsung SM-G900F - for Europe
Samsung SM-G900I - for Asia
Samsung SM-G900K/G900L/G900S - for Korea
Samsung SM-G900M - for Vodafone
Samsung SM-G900A - for AT&T
Samsung SM-G900T - for T-Mobile
Samsung SM-G900V - for Verizon
Samsung SM-G900R4 - for US Cellular
Samsung SM-G900P - for Sprint
​General 2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900

So yes, it is compatible with EU providers. Caution however; your current provider will bill you for roaming charges. When in Europe, I always buy a local SIM card and fund it with enough credit to last the trip - - that will also give you a local phone number. If you book theater events or need to call for reservations, they will be more likely to answer the phone.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-use-my-phone-on-overseas-network.201690/
Relevancy 18.06%

Small office - 3 computers, 2 plugged into router, 1 wireless. Can I have two networks, one for office use, another for customers, that way they can't see our data files?

A:Have Linksys Wireless-N router, can I have two networks?

I'll look into that at office AM. Thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-linksys-wireless-n-router-can-i-have-two-networks.201605/
Relevancy 17.2%

I ve read all I can about this online and tried everything I ve come across Since upgrading my internet same ISP the upload on my computer not any others on the network It ranges from megabits to If I boot into linux I get but that s far from the megabits the other Slow Problem: Bizzare Infuriating Upload Network computers on the network get But the strange thing is the problem seems to affect only certain programs My browsers are affected as the internet tests I do are from the browser OBS streaming software will not upload more then megabits about k However utorrent can completely max out my upload I ve tried stopping the WMI service and Bizzare Infuriating Network Problem: Slow Upload I have no traffic shaping software installed Here are my specs Operating System Windows Pro -bit CPU Intel Core i K GHz C Haswell nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard MSI Z -GD GAMING MS- SOCKET C Graphics SyncMaster x Hz LG TV x Hz MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX Gigabyte C Storage GB Samsung SSD EVO GB SSD C GB SanDisk SDSSDHP G SSD C GB TOSHIBA DT ACA SATA C GB Seagate Bizzare Infuriating Network Problem: Slow Upload ST DL - VT SATA C Optical Drives PIONEER DVD-RW DVR- L Audio ASUS Xonar DGX Audio Device Various Network info You are connected to the internet Connected through Killer e Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS IP Address Subnet mask Gateway server Preferred DNS server DHCP Enabled DHCP server External IP Address Adapter Type Ethernet NetBIOS over TCP IP Enabled via DHCP NETBIOS Node Type Hybrid node Link Speed Bps Computer Name NetBIOS Name CALVINS-PC DNS Name Calvins-PC Membership Part of workgroup Workgroup WORKGROUP Remote Desktop Disabled Console State Active Domain Calvins-PC WinInet Info LAN Connection Local system uses a local area network to connect to the Internet Local system has RAS to connect to the Internet Wi-Fi Info Wi-Fi not enabled WinHTTPInfo WinHTTPSessionProxyType No proxy Session Proxy Session Proxy Bypass Connect Retries Connect Timeout ms HTTP Version HTTP Max Connects Per Servers INFINITE Max Connects Per Servers INFINITE Max HTTP automatic redirects Max HTTP status continue Send Timeout ms IEProxy Auto Detect Yes IEProxy Auto Config IEProxy IEProxy Bypass Default Proxy Config Access Type No proxy Default Config Proxy Default Config Proxy Bypass Sharing and Discovery Network Discovery Enabled File and Printer Sharing Enabled File and printer sharing service Enabled Simple File Sharing Enabled Administrative Shares Enabled Network access Sharing and security model for local accounts Classic - local users authenticate as themselves Adapters List Killer e Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS Connection-specific DNS Suffix Home Connection Name Ethernet NetBIOS over TCPIP Yes DHCP enabled Yes MAC Address D - D- E-F - B- IP Address Subnet mask Gateway server DHCP DNS Server Network Shares Misc D Misc Finished Torrents D Downloads Finished Torrents Games D Games Games E Games Torrents E Downloads Torrents Video D Video Video E Video Current TCP Connections C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation Update Core NvBackend exe C Program Files Box Sync BoxSync exe C Program Files Hola app hola exe C Users Calvin AppData Roaming uTorrent uTorrent exe C Windows Explorer EXE G Program Files x Nightly firefox exe G Program Files x Razer Razer Game Booster main exe G Program Files x Samsung Magician Samsung Magician exe G Steam Steam exe hola svc exe hola updater exe KillerService exe lsass exe NvNetworkService exe nvstreamsvc exe services exe svchost exe svchost exe svchost exe System Process System Process wininit exe nbsp

A:Bizzare Infuriating Network Problem: Slow Upload

I figured it out, the Killer NIC on my Z87GD65 mobo was not compatible with NetLimiter. Uninstalling it fixed the problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bizzare-infuriating-network-problem-slow-upload.201410/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hello, I'm new here. I'm trying to fix my sons Asus laptop. it won't connect wirelessly but will connect via ethernet cable. device manager has exclamation point beside network controller. I cannot download drivers for it. can you help?

A:Asus X53E network controller issue/no wireless

"I cannot download drivers for it"... Why? Can you get the driver from here:
http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&s=114&m=X53E&os=&hashedid=mDFYFQWEpTitMwA6
If the driver won't install, the Wifi card may be bad... Something that doesn't happen very often

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-x53e-network-controller-issue-no-wireless.201175/
Relevancy 18.06%

Wired & Wireless Connections simultaneously

The question is how to configure LAN connections on PCs

please see attached file for details
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eoo80ew849wti9d/HomeNetworkConfigQuestion.jpg

A:Wired & wireless connections simultaneously

Hey AttTio. Is your diagram correct?. I see the connection from the switch going to one pc that's wired and another that is connected wirelessly. What happens if you connect both pc's straight to the router?. You could have a bad switch or the cable between the router and switch is bad if you get no connection in Ethernet mode as shown

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wired-wireless-connections-simultaneously.200782/
Relevancy 17.2%

We have a problem with the connection to our server. The server disconnects randomly from minutes to hours all day. I am at a remote location and connect via logmein to a local pc at the servers physical location to remotely control and connect to the server. A month or so ago the connection would drop every few minutes. The staff at that location replaced the switch and had the ISP tech check out the router. No problems were found. I think it is a problem with the server itself but don't know what it could be. Typically I can go through the login process and reconnect. I'm sorry I can't be more specific about the equipment since it is 40 miles away. Any suggestions on troubleshooting? Remotely?
Clearly I'm not a network guy.
Thanks for any help or direction

A:Network connection to server disconnects constantly

The usual suspects are:

(for DSL connections only) missing or faulty line filters
need to update the router/modem firmware at your end
packet reassembly overflow(a)
(a) very techie, but the solution is easy; see this description

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-connection-to-server-disconnects-constantly.200706/
Relevancy 17.63%

When I am accessing wifi network I get dns failed error message. what is the problem? pls help

A:DNS failed error in WiFi network

Can you connect using a wired connection?
Get a command prompt and enter
ipconfig /all >myTCP.txt​then open that file, copy the contents and paste into your follow-up

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-failed-error-in-wifi-network.200577/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hello. I am a complete newbie to server administration. At my current job, I have been tasked with setting up a deployment server. The server is a Windows 2008 server and is not connected to the Internet. The server is a domain controller on its own domain (different from the main domain my job uses). How would I connect this server to the Internet without disrupting other users on the network? By disrupting, I mean connecting to my server instead of the main server for DNS and DHCP. The server has Active Directory Domain Services, DNS, DHCP, and WDS roles set-up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connect-server-to-the-internet-without-disrupting-other-computers-on-network.200167/
Relevancy 17.2%

Recently my network storage device has stopped me from accessing folders with the exception of music. All my pictures for the last 11 years are on it and not backed up anywhere else. Cannot find manual and have done reset but cannot remember URL to setup or admin username and password. Doesn't seem to be online and Edge is giving me no help whatsoever.

A:Edge DiskGo 3.5" network harddrive

Ouch if this is a NAS Device or has an IP you can use an app called FIng for your mobile device to find its ip so you can put it in the browser and get to the gui site. If you cant try fing you can use angry ip scanner for winwdows to find its ip.

If you want to try and recover files I would try recuva to obtain any data that has been lost. I am not sure if it is lost or just changed in the mapping.

As most guys will tell you here its very good idea to have three forms of back up. Local, external and online. If you don t know how to use fing or any of the software I duscusses please let me know. I will have links to the downloads below. Goodluck.

http://angryip.org/w/Download
For Fing just type in Fing in either google play or Itunes.
For Recuva: http://www.piriform.com/recuva/download/standard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/edge-diskgo-3-5-network-harddrive.200015/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hello everyone,

I'm using windows 7 on my pc and try to connect to my home wireless connection .
every time I try to connect and enter the password, it won't be connected.
However, I'm using my laptop and phone to connect and it worked properly.

Please help my problem
Thanks in advance

A:Windows 7 unable to connect to wireless connection

How is your wireless Configured. I have seen many issues when using mixed mode in certain Linksys or Cisco Products. What kind of adapter are you using on y our PC for wireless Connection? Has it ever worked?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-unable-to-connect-to-wireless-connection.199928/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi I m having a problem that I gather is fairly common with Windows machines but I haven t been able to find the same case in other threads nor a workable solution among similar cases I have two Windows computers the main laptop on Win and a hybrid tablet on Win I would like drive Win8.1 Trying connect to network to a for both devices to be able to access each other via my home network So for both devices I ve set the network settings to home private I turned on file sharing and discovery and even joined both devices to the same homegroup The end result is that my Win tablet can access my Win laptop both through the homegroup and through direct network access The problem is that my Win laptop cannot do either of those with regard to the tablet in all Trying to connect to a Win8.1 network drive cases I get the network error message that I cannot access the location and should check it for spelling To try to solve this issue I have attempted -Turning off the Windows firewall on my Win tablet -Looking around to see if I could find my Win tablet to unwittingly belong to some sort of domain have not been able to figure that out The odd thing is that I also tried to test out the network by setting up iTunes on both devices and setting them to share their music libraries via home share and sure enough both devices could access each other s libraries Similarly I was able to access my tablet from my Win laptop through a Remote Assistance invitation Would very much appreciate any advice I can get here Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Trying to connect to a Win8.1 network drive

Which Windows 8.1 tablet is this Pro or RT? RT your can't not x86 or x64. Pro you can. Disable Homegroup. Use Workgroup and call it something other than Workgroup like: DANET for example
So do this on laptop and tablet. On laptop make sure the folder is shared out to you the admin or your name example Dan.

So you should have local account on your system called Dan with admin rights. Back on the tablet side you need to create a local account. Did you setup Microsoft account so your login with that account only. You need to create a local account and start using that. It can be done to access the Microsoft account while being on local account while your at home.

If away from home then sign on to Microsoft account to access the cloud features. Or still use the local account and have Microsoft account to access store and skydrive (aka onedrive).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-connect-to-a-win8-1-network-drive.199866/
Relevancy 18.06%

Are you having a problem with your Internet connection or Wi-Fi? Whatever the problem ? from a flaky connection to Wi-Fi troubles or even no access to the Internet at all ? some router troubleshooting could fix things.

Some of this also applies to your modem, although many Internet service providers are handing out combined router-modem units these days. Your wireless router and modem may actually be the same device.

Reboot the Router Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-troubleshoot-wireless-router-problems.199886/
Relevancy 15.91%

Hi Could you please tell me if this is possible:
My computer is connected to a wireless network. Can I hook up my D-link (DIR-412) to my computer and use the internet from the computer to output another wireless area?

Thanks sounds complicated.

A:Connected to WIFI and want to extend wifi with another wireless router

Where you live is your setup like this?

Internet
Modem
WiFi Router

or

Internet
Modem with built-in WiFi Router

If you want extend the WiFi you would get WiFi Access Point. Or you can take a WiFi Router and disable NAT, SPI, DCHP, then you create a static IP address. 192.168.x.50

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connected-to-wifi-and-want-to-extend-wifi-with-another-wireless-router.199845/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have three Macbook Pros and two PCs at home. When the PCs are connected to the WiFi the internet slows down for just the MacBooks. When the Macbooks are on and not the PCs they run at fast speed. Is there a way to limit the bandwidth for each device, or would there be something else to do to fix the problem? I need help!

A:Wireless Connection Issues

QoS settings in the router webpage.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-connection-issues.199808/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hello Everyone !
Right now I am using a broadband connection as my Internet connection and I have a dsl modem which is wi-fi capable. Two of my frnds share the same Internet connection through wi-fi. The problem is whenever any of us watching YouTube videos or downloading something, the whole speed is consumed by that particular computer. I know that many new modems have the capability to limit the bandwidth usage these days but mine is an older one. So I was wondering if there is any way I can limit the bandwidth for each computer.
Thanks !

A:How to limit the bandwidth for each computer on a wireless network?

You have to have a modem you can log into an has that type of feature. If you are wired into the network, you should be able to limit the wireless bandwidth and keep your wired bandwidth up. Normally go into the modem, go to setting and wireless setting to limit it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-limit-the-bandwidth-for-each-computer-on-a-wireless-network.193175/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi Guys I have owned a pair of Steelseries H Fanatic Editions for a while now and I ve really enjoyed them reason I m looking for something new is due to me dropping them a few times and now the right earcup doesn t work all the time Now to all the Audiophiles out there please do not recommend an external Amp DAC and some ridiculous Audiophile grade headphones for the same price that is NOT what I m after I have that stuff already and tried using an external microphone etc I do not like that setup for games I build gaming PC s for quite a few of my friends and family They Steelseries Siberia vs 9H Wireless vs H Elites all choose gaming headsets from a range of brands so I get to try out various headsets Something I can agree with Linus is that Steelseries is one of the brands that quot get it quot the sound quality is very good Steelseries Siberia Elites vs 9H vs H Wireless they re not disappointing like Razer headsets for example Now the different headsets I ve listed in the topic title are on my quot possible candidates quot list but making a decision has become increasingly difficult I ve never had an issue with Steelseries build quality I ve used my H s every single day for hours at a time and they ve never let up until I dropped in on concrete several times NOW MY QUESTION Does anyone here own any of the listed headsets Or anyone who has experience with all According to Linus the H Wireless has better sound quality than the Siberia Elites But I ve also been told the H is the wired version of the H Wireless Can anyone confirm any of this From the spec pages on Steelseries it seems the H uses different drivers than the H-Wireless and also do the H-Wireless really sound that much better over the Siberia Elites Any advice or guidance would be appreciated I do not want to spend any more than the H Wireless is on the headset the wireless isn t that important for me and the ability to plug in consoles or pretty much anything isn t the be all end all BUT I can definitely use it Thanks nbsp

A:Steelseries Siberia Elites vs 9H vs H Wireless

Hi Burty
I am currently in the same predicament I too have a 7H currently, I received the 9H for Xmas and whilst they are pretty nice & they sound good, they are not very loud at all. I think I'm going to get the Siberia Elite and see what they are like.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/steelseries-siberia-elites-vs-9h-vs-h-wireless.199124/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi there Tech Forum thanks in advance for your help - I have a question about a LAN and stuff There is a modem and a wireless router with LAN ports In one of them there is conected also a switch Network LAN Question with LAN ports - Some weird things have been going on I always get a wireless connection so LAN Network Question no problem there Issues appear with the wired network On one hand I had many times an unidentified network a x x x ip and no LAN Network Question network Nothing changed in configuration on my box or the router and got to connect at MB s while if connected through wi fi I got LAN Network Question more than MB s From a moment on again unidentified network and no signal in the adapter a yellow light would blink quick So now after touching the cable and a little bit of despair not driven to the computer by the way I have a full conection by lan and by wi fi both at a good speed AND weird for me a green light on and the same yellow blinking - So main questions are - What does the green light ON not blinking means - Could there be a difference due to the cable manipulation - Is there a gost inside my router D Thanks a bunch to all of you I try my best to understand computers so now I am happy with the connection but curious on the rest - Regards nbsp

A:LAN Network Question

How new are these devices? Are you using new 'patch' cables? Is DHCP running on only one of the devices? Seems weird that "touching the cable" caused a change.

1. The LEDs differ, but usually one signifies a connection [on/off] and the second signifies activity [blinking]

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lan-network-question.199370/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi - I m new here but looking for some guidance I have been grappling with this issue for a while without success I have effectively two home networks Downstairs I have a broadband line in to a wireless router which is accessed by various portable devices games consoles and has two LAN ports which are occupied by Wireless query networking an NAS and a link Wireless networking query to my cable TV box required Upstairs I have three PCs networked together on a wired network For historic reasons I used the default IP addresses assigned by the wired router which are different from the IP address range assigned by the broadband wireless router I have to disable the LAN connection and plug in a USB wifi dongle if I want any of the upstairs machines to go online I am trying to integrate the two networks without having to run a cable between the two routers for various domestic reasons it is difficult plus I would have to get a separate switch to be able to accommodate the storage TV box currently required to be plugged in downstairs I have a wireless router which says it can be used as an access point and have swapped that in for the upstairs router disabling the DHCP server and setting it as an access point But it still will not connect to the downstairs router Does anyone have any suggestions about what I might be doing wrong alternative approaches or somewhere to look for more detailed information on the subject Many thanks nbsp

A:Wireless networking query

Look for an EoP adaptor like this. One attaches to the broadband end via a RJ45 cable and the other end is upstairs and goes into that router in a LAN slot (not the Wan uplink).
I have a long ranch style home and the signal would have to traverse several walls to get to the other end of the home. The Netgear provides high speed and reliability to the entertainment room for me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-networking-query.199091/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hello,
I really need help, please

So, 3 days ago I was connected to my wifi through wireless just fine
But now, whenever I try to connect, it says "unable to connect"
The signal is fine, the password is right, it would try "connecting" but ends up "unable to connect"
Been working fine all along and suddenly this occur

So, I tried to plug in the LAN cable and through the ethernet, it could connect fine!!

I have no idea why this is! PLEASE HELP!!

My computer: WINDOWS XP (32 bit/Home Edition/Version 2002/Service Pack 3)
Wireless: Intel PROSet/Wireless 14.3.1

A:Could not connect to wifi through wireless but could with LAN ethernet

Are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/could-not-connect-to-wifi-through-wireless-but-could-with-lan-ethernet.198992/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello

I have an ASUS A54C running Win 7 64bit. Only in the past two months has the WiFi been permanently turned off and each time I have to trouble shoot and apply the fix. I am unsure how those here have solved this issue. Could someone be a touch more clear? Many thanks.

A:Wireless keeps turning off

ThePr0f said:

Hello

I have an ASUS A54C running Win 7 64bit. Only in the past two months has the WiFi been permanently turned off and each time I have to trouble shoot and apply the fix...Click to expand...

Not really sure, but I take it you mean you're experiencing random disconnections? First thing I'd do is get in touch with my service provider and have them send a tech guy over. It just might be that the problem lies with outside facilities.

Or you may want to change the power settings on your wireless adapter to "Maximum Performance." You can do that by going to Control Panel, then System and Security. Select "Power Options". Click on "Change plan settings" beside your selected plan, then go to "Change advanced power settings".

Look for -- and expand -- "Wireless Adapter Settings". You should be able to scroll down and choose "Maximum Performance" from there. Click "Apply".

You can, of course, always undo the change if it doesn't work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-keeps-turning-off.197142/
Relevancy 17.2%

A colleague at work would like to set up either a SHN or a SBN. What is the best way to go about this? Would it be best to be safe to be cloud based? What equipment is needed etc...?

This will take some discussing, so please ask any questions you need. The intention would be for two/three people to access the information on the network initially. A printer will be shared on the network, allowing scan to email. Laptops would be used to access the network from external sites, this is why I'm thinking of going the cloud based route, so they can log on and access the server from anywhere in the world...

Any help/guidance is appreciated.
Thank You!

A:Setting up a small home/business network

Yes, you can consider the Cloud as a solution for access, BUT . . .
it also brings with it issues like:

security
privacy
backup
ownership
You should start reading about these issues before committing to this solution.

One alternative would be a NAS device connected to your router. Putting your modem, router and NAS on a UPS power system would allow (with proper configuration) external access and you have total control, of all of the issues above.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-a-small-home-business-network.198198/
Relevancy 18.49%

Last night all of my wireless devices (kids computers, laptop, IPad, and Wii) suddenly stopped working. The only thing I can seem to come up with is to unplug the router and let sit for a few minutes to see if that corrects the problem. It has not.

What else do I need to do to get my wireless connection back up and running?

A:Wireless problems

That was a good try. what was going on for all your devices just before you lost connection?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-problems.198430/
Relevancy 21.93%

HI,
I have this Hp Probook 4540s i3(windows 8, 64bit) for about a year and it was working fine but recently, I noticed that it had a problem. At times, the touchpad would freeze and I wouldnt be able to use it for a few seconds. At first this wasnt much of a problem due to the fact that I had an external mouse but now im travelling more often so this became a problem. I was jsut wondering if anybody knew what caused this problem and if they do, if there were any quick fixes towards it.

A:Touchpad Freezes

Go to the HP driver support for your model and get the latest drivers for the touch-pad.
You might have to find out who makes that touch-pad and get it from the manufacturer
Or see if there is Windows update for it.
Did you update to Windows 8.1 yet?
Also there are known issues with Windows 8 and some touch-pads know working correctly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/touchpad-freezes.198262/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have an asus laptop and yestarday I restored it back a few hours becase I deleted a program but now my wireless capability keeps turning off... I tried uninstalling Wireless Console 3 and that did not work..

A:Wireless Capability keeps turning off

Make sure there is only one WiFi listed in the Device Manager.
Try uninstalling the WiFi driver but don't delete it
Reboot the PC
On the WiFi Router do a power recycle (power off then power on wait 3 mins)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-capability-keeps-turning-off.198376/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hey guys I ve just picked up a new Lenovo Ideapad y p which has been great thus far A major problem I ve been experiencing though is with the wireless connectivity I ve had minor Wireless Unstable Connectivity with Windows 8 problems like this in the past but only on windows machines and only in this house every mac amp gaming console in the house can use the internet flawlessly and I ve had no problems with connection to networks other than my own on this particular laptop The problem I ll be using the internet normally and all of a sudden I will lose internet access Sometimes the icon remains like this with no connection sometimes it tells me I have limited connection and changes Unstable Wireless Connectivity with Windows 8 to this still no connection and sometimes it disconnects completely this The strange thing about this issue is that disconnecting Unstable Wireless Connectivity with Windows 8 and reconnecting to my network or just reconnecting almost always solves the issue temporarily of course A little background I live in a large house so our wifi is set up pretty weird The main connection comes from a cisco wireless router in the basement that we are using as a wired router directly hooked to the modem Directly connected to the cisco is an apple airport extreme that provides the house with wireless Since the signal doesn t cover the whole house there is also an airport express directly connected to the modem This express sits on the other side of the house and is the closest access point to my computer I have tried changing wireless channels to solve this issue no luck Now I could keep using my internet like this having to disconnect and reconnect every minutes but it gets very frustrating especially when streaming or gaming Any ideas or input would be greatly appreciated thanks nbsp

A:Unstable Wireless Connectivity with Windows 8

First I would suggest that you set the MTU to 1492 in the Cisco and all all Airport devices. This will stop what is known as packet fragmentation and reassembly which frequently causes problems.

Secondly, be sure ALL such devices have the latest firmware.

If your ISP connection is using ADSL, ensure all devices plugged into the phone line anywhere in the house have the dsl line filter.

The "limited connection" issue is always a failure to get a response to the DHCP request.

(every mac & gaming console in the house can use the internet flawlessly, and I've had no problems with connection to networks other than my own on this particular laptop).Click to expand...

And this points the finger at the Windows Device Driver - - so look for an updated version for your machine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unstable-wireless-connectivity-with-windows-8.198372/
Relevancy 21.93%

My laptop has been freezing up, even when I would boot in safe mode.

It has a history of hard drive problems, so I just replaced the hard-drive.

But it still freezes up when I try to boot and run Acronis.

Is there anyway to tell what is causing this?

Thank you.

A:My Laptop Freezes

Is it running hot?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-freezes.198153/
Relevancy 18.06%

I woke up this morning and my laptop is having trouble connecting to the internet However internet worked on other laptops and devices so it must be the laptpo s problems I Network Unidentified looked up the problem and I eventually get to a point where I figure out I need a new ip After typing ipconfig renew it says Windows IP Configuration No operation can be performed on Wireless Network Connection while it has its media disconnected An error occurred while renewing interface Wireless Network Connection Unidentified Network The sup port for the specified socket type does not exist in this address family No operation can be performed on Bluetooth Network Connection while it has its m edia disconnected No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media di sconnected I don t know what to do now Please help Windows IP Configuration Host Name Username Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address E - -FE- A-B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g n WiFi Adapter Physical Address C - -FE- A-B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d ca Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Unidentified Network Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - F-BD-FD- - A-B - F- -BC DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - - -A -DA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - A-B - F- -BC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BEE - C- F F- -D B D BD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled YesAnd here s the ipconfig all just in case nbsp

A:Unidentified Network

Wireless? Your laptop isn't getting an IP address is the cause of your issues. Find out of the router has enough allocation.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unidentified-network.198148/
Relevancy 18.06%

I ve been struggling for a week now trying to get my wireless internet working on my quot repaired quot Acer computer But till this date I still haven t made any progress At all I feel my sanity slipping recieved no after Wireless HDD new longer having works away from me My computer is able to find all the previous connections I m familiar with but Wireless no longer works after having recieved new HDD I m just not able to connect I Wireless no longer works after having recieved new HDD even dare to say the connections are pretty strong so I doubt it it s the antenna s But really I wouldn t know I ve tried pretty much every quot solution quot I could find on the internet while still waiting for the Acer customer service to respond and for someone to say anything useful at the Acer forums but it s all taking a very long time I recon a specific problem needs a specific solution which is why nothing worked so I m hoping I ll find a clever and patient person out here who would like to help me with this mess Computer It concerns an Acer Aspire X running Windows Repair replaced HDD Details Approximately weeks ago I had to send my computer away to the Acer repair team because of a defective HDD On oktober th I was in possession of my computer again with the HDD replaced and since day one I haven t been able to connect through WiFi I have two laptops sitting here and they manage to connect just fine so I am sure to say I find this very confusing and upsetting Before my computer was taken away everything worked just fine Nothing changed about the router connection key during that time so I m having trouble determining the cause of the issue Today I was bored enough to see if ethernet worked and it does but it s in no way handy for me to use this option I need WiFi Please help me For people who need it a short while ago I made a screenshot of the IP configurations ipconfig all through the command prompt http i tinypic com inv ph jpg nbsp

A:Wireless no longer works after having recieved new HDD

I've been struggling for a week now trying to get my wireless internet working on my "repaired" Acer computer. But till this date, I still haven't made any progress. At all. I feel my sanity slipping away from me.

My computer is able to find all the previous connections I'm familiar with, but I'm just not able to connect. I even dare to say the connections are pretty strong, so I doubt it it's the antenna(s).
But really, I wouldn't know.

I've tried pretty much every "solution" I could find on the internet, while still waiting for the Acer customer service to respond and for someone to say anything useful at the Acer forums, but it's all taking a very long time.
I recon a specific problem needs a specific solution, which is why nothing worked, so I'm hoping I'll find a clever and patient person out here who would like to help me with this mess.

Computer
It concerns an Acer Aspire X3475, running Windows 8.

Repair (replaced HDD) Details
Approximately 2 weeks ago I had to send my computer away to the Acer repair team because of a defective HDD. On oktober 15th I was in possession of my computer again, with the HDD replaced; and since day one I haven't been able to connect through WiFi.
I have two laptops sitting here, and they manage to connect just fine, so I am sure to say I find this very confusing and upsetting.
Before my computer was taken away, everything worked just fine. Nothing changed about the router/connection/key during that time, so I'm having trouble determining the cause of the issue.

Today I was bored enough to see if ethernet worked, and it does, but it's in no way handy for me to use this option. I need WiFi. Please, help me.

For people who need it, a short while ago I made a screenshot of the IP configurations (ipconfig/all) through the command prompt: http://i43.tinypic.com/inv3ph.jpg

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-no-longer-works-after-having-recieved-new-hdd.197287/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi,

There's home wireless connection that my laptop won't connect to on its own. This wireless connects after the laptop has been connected to the router via the Ethernet cable, and stays connected with the cable unplugged until it drops (it's normal for my connection to drop sometimes), and then won't reconnect by itself again.

My wireless has wpa2-psk. OS is Vista.

Thank you.

A:Wireless only connects after Ethernet cable connection

Hey Sammy2. I assume your machine connected before with no connection issues.
Which Vista are you using,32 or 64 bit, and what Service Pack level is it on?
Do you have and use a good Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware cleaner?
When you lose your connection, is the Internet and wireless l.e.d.'s on the router still on?
Are there any other pc's that connect to this network?
When you state it won't connect again automatically, what do you do to get an Internet connection again?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-only-connects-after-ethernet-cable-connection.197616/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi I What to fail my workgroup causes network have four pc s connected through a GX-D ASUS switch which is now a few years old Two of the pc s have just been upgraded to windows the other two are on windows Also into the switch goes my BT broadband router and my network hp printer n Suddenly I am losing the complete network during normal use Instead of having green lights on my switch one of them goes amber and another has no light on at all If I unplug the switch from the power and then power back up all the What causes my network workgroup to fail lights go orange What causes my network workgroup to fail and then turn to green and the network comes back on This has never happened before until today and it has happened twice really frustrating I am not very techy and think the switch has became faulty Should I go buy a new switch or might it be something else Need it explaining in layman terms please as I don t have a clue Thanks for your help nbsp

A:What causes my network workgroup to fail

Hi Shelley123. If your router has at least 4 Ethernet ports at the rear, there is no need for a switch as you have 4 pc's. If your "router" only has 1 Ethernet port, what you have is a modem. Normally, your Internet signal comes in and goes to a modem first, and if you have more than 1 pc or devices that need wireless connectivity,you would connect a wireless router to that single modem port and connect your 4 pc's to the 4 ports found on most routers.If you had at least 5 devices that need to be connected by Ethernet cable, you would use a switch which you would connect to one of your router's ports, then connect the fourth pc and any other Ethernet device to one of the 4 or more ports on the switch. Are you sure you are using a switch and not a hub? Could you tell us what other hardware you have in your network besides your 4 pc's which you connect by Ethernet cable?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-causes-my-network-workgroup-to-fail.197556/
Relevancy 17.2%

If I'm able to, how would I go about running a network hub from an existing port on the router?

I.E. Modem->Router->PCs/Hub->TV/PC

In theory I'm trying to run a wired connection to my room and have the ability to have my PC/TV and any other devices connected to the network physically, my wireless strength isn't exactly good and it's very inconsistent at best when it comes to my internet speeds makes it a bit harder to watch Netflix/Play games.

Any insight would be wonderful!

A:Question about a home network using a Linksys WRT54GS2

Modem > Router >

Then use a LAN port on the router to connect to a LAN port on the hub.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-about-a-home-network-using-a-linksys-wrt54gs2.197409/
Relevancy 21.07%

I have a Western Digital drive and it keeps freezing the transfer process around 15 seconds remaining. I am trying to transfer my movie files to it. The files are around 750 megs to 2.5 gigs each. I am trying to do them one at a time. I have got it to transfer about 3 movies to the device. When the transfer locks I have to turn off the computer and turn it back on to get it to stop. Its I think a 110 gig external.

A:Western Digital Drive Freezes Transfer Process

Some details you have left out.
Age of PC
Desktop or Laptop
How much RAM?
Single, Dual or Quad or high CPU.
Size of HDD
What source are you using to transfer file to the HDD?
Are you using a network LAN?
Speed of the LAN 10, 100, 10000?

When you do this type of work make sure the PC doesn't go to sleep and keep an eye on it.
Make sure the HDD doesn't have any bad blocks do a check disk (CHKDSK C: /F
Make sure the HDD is de-fragmented
Make sure the HDD has done quick or full optimized (use ULTRA DEFRAG FREE)
Make sure the system is cleaned using JetClean Free

The condition of the HDD is very important also the source your transferring from too it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/western-digital-drive-freezes-transfer-process.197415/
Relevancy 17.63%

Networked for years in XP machines.

I read help files how to but, could not make it work.

My w8 win wxplorer list shows under Network the VISTA LAPTOP. When I click on it it asks for user name/password but, what name & password?.

I naver had any name/password for my networks.

Any body knows what does it refere to?

A:Failed to network w8, xp & vista

Hey nichos. Was a name and password used when this Win8 system was first set-up. When I first unpacked a WIN8 laptop, it threw me for a loop as it requires a username and password to unlock it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/failed-to-network-w8-xp-vista.197366/
Relevancy 17.63%

I am stuck Also I apologize in advance if this is not in the right forum I am trying to work on a friend s Windows desktop PC Dell Inspiron at my house but I cannot connect to my home network or the internet to download network Cannot or to PC connect internet malware scanners removal tools updates to MBAM etc First I was trying with a wireless adapter that it known to be good The network sharing center would say it was connected to the network but there was no internet connection Then I tried plugging in an Ethernet cable The network sharing center just kept saying quot searching for network quot but never would connect I tried disabling then re-enabling the network adaptor and I reinstalled the driver Networking is not my strong suit so is there some setting I may be overlooking It appears the PC on which I am working is already part of a homegroup do I need to leave that group then try to join my existing one set up through my own Win amp PC I don t care about sharing files across Cannot connect PC to network or internet the network in fact I prefer not to in case this thing really is infected I just want internet access on this machine Could some sort of malware be blocking access I sort of doubt this since it was working fine at their home before they brought it to me I could not find any router settings or firewall entries that appeared to be blocking access ZyXEL PK Z DSL modem router provided by CenturyLink Do I need to call my ISP tomorrow Thanks again this community has always been helpful to me nbsp

A:Cannot connect PC to network or internet

Make sure the adaptor isn't set to 'share connection'.

Try using a static IP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-connect-pc-to-network-or-internet.197294/
Relevancy 17.63%

I have started to route CAT e cable to make a wired network I have a server running Server a custom desktop running windows laptops running windows I have the modem and the wireless router in issues to connecting network Having a server the library I have the modem connected to the internet port of the router and one of the loads is connected to a wall jack that Having issues connecting a server to network connects to a cable that runs about feet to its termination This termination is connected to a Having issues connecting a server to network port switch Having issues connecting a server to network The server is connected to the switch directly Based on my understanding my server should have access to the internet and my network should have access to my server With this setup I have full internet access on every machine but the server and I cannot access the server from any computer I have hooked up the server to a second wireless router as a load and was able to successfully access it through the second router but there is no internet The network on the server shows up as Unidentified Limited Access when directly connected to the switch Has anyone seen this before or have an idea to fix this issue nbsp

A:Having issues connecting a server to network

Load? It'd be easier if you drew a diagram. Some of the info is missing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-issues-connecting-a-server-to-network.197147/