Windows Support Forum

No Power Management tab in Wireless Properties

Q: No Power Management tab in Wireless Properties

Hi, I have the linksys WMP300N wireless card on Win7 32bit. Anyway in the linksys properties there is no power management tab.. I want to uncheck the box that let's windows power down the device. But without the tab I can't. I know it is probably a driver issue for the WMP300N doesn't have the best driver support for win 7 but it works. Anyway was wondering if anyone knew of another way I could access the power management other then wireless properties.. Maybe through the registry?

Any help would be great

Thanks
Boardgame

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: No Power Management tab in Wireless Properties

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: No Power Management tab in Wireless Properties

That means that the device driver doesnt have the feature implemented, nothing you can do.

You can try going into "power options" in the control panel and seeing if you have the option there, but thats the only other place i can think of.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/47281-no-power-management-tab-wireless-properties.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hey all some weird problems I just bought a new Alienware laptop Benchmarks like DMark were great and consistent with reviews for properties with hidden of power help management... Need the machine But I had to reinstall the OS Win Pro x and in doing so I experienced a noticeable slowdown in Need help with hidden properties of power management... the benchmarks Now I did the song and dance of drivers etc - using the drivers included from Dell on the enclosed DVD using the drivers from the Dell website themselves using drivers from the rd party manufacturers Nothing helped- benchmarks were consistently a slower by the same amount than when I got it clean from the factory After trying and trying and trying I found that one program from Alienware - the control center - did seem to make a difference when I installed it It didn't get me the full amount back but it did move the needle Control center basically includes several programs in it The main one that's relevant here is the one that manages power profiles I quickly realized it's just a wrapper around Windows's own power management options Anyway I dug and dug and dug deeper and deeper into power management Oddly on balanced mode I'd get a score of say But then on high performance mode the score would drop to this was consistent after many trials back and forth So I painstakingly went through every power option to find what the culprit was Turns out it was Minimum Processor State Changing that one variable in balanced mode changed the benchmark To test this out I then switched to high performance mode and literally changed every variable to the same value as in balanced including Min Proc State And yet still stuck at This was when it dawned on me that the visual GUI wrapper for power Need help with hidden properties of power management... management was not exposing all the settings despite me clicking on every quot Advanced quot button on there Enter powercfg exe This was the tool that finally exposed for me all the settings using -qh So now I have a bunch of processor power management variables I have to play with that are different between balanced and high performance But before I get into that I thought I would post on here and see if someone really knows power management knows why high performance would underperform balanced mode and hopefully how I can get back to the original original performance I used to get before reformatting Basically given the whole mix of variables drivers OS updates background processes Nvidia control panel etc power management seems far and away the most likely culprit and I'm dying to hear from those who really know how to manage it and for whom this might ring familiar Thanks

A:Need help with hidden properties of power management...

Hiyya BB and welcome I don't quite get the gist of what is happening and don't know if this is of any help but worth a try.

Power Plan Settings - Change

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/256307-need-help-hidden-properties-power-management.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I just installed windows 10 on an Acer E1-531. Everything is working fine except for one small issue.

I'm trying to disable keyboard waking from sleep but there is no Power management tab in keyboard's properties.

Does anyone know how can I bring that tab back? If that's not doable, is there any other way to disable keyboard waking?

P.S. There is no such option in the UEFI either.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/66065-power-management-tab-missing-keyboard-properties.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Okay, I know there's a problem with the devices going to sleep, and I know that people have a fix which works. The only problem is, my device doesn't have power management:
I really don't know what to do, but I'm definitely not going back to Vista, so will someone please help me?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the driver installed successfully, and there aren't any updates for it.

A:Wireless Power Management

hello Copyright and welcome to the forums
if you see below where it says power state mapping which says which are supported..
from what i can see this should be supported....
like i said my tut here disables the adapter before the computer goes to sleep so it shouldnt matter whether its power state is enabled...
i cant tell completely if you dont have power management but if you look lower like i have here...

you can see that the S1 S3 states (i think you know what means) are translated into D1 D3 ect and are arranged like you see here in mine i dont have dcap wake from D(X) and my computer can come out sleep fine (used to happend on 7000 x64 but not anymore on 7048)

unless i can see the lower half i can be for certain
if you want you can give vista drivers if you have not tried them..

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/4809-wireless-power-management.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello All,

In the last two weeks I have been experiencing something very strange with my Windows 10 Pro. When my laptop resumes from sleep the Wireless is turned off in Windows. I don't believe it was an update because I have defer updates enabled. Unfortunately, I just noticed System Restore was turned off.

1) I have checked the power settings in Device Manager and the device is NOT checked to use power management)
2) I have updated to the latest wireless driver available.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Edit: I believe this issue has something specifically to do with Sleep because when I reboot or shutdown/power-on the Wireless is enabled and working fine. It only seems to be when Windows goes into sleep mode.

A:Wireless turned off after lid closed or sleep (Not Power Management)

It is common behavior for any devices to be powered down if you close the lid to place into sleep mode.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/42615-wireless-turned-off-after-lid-closed-sleep-not-power-management.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I recently re-installed Windows 7. I have 2 internal drives and the drives properties seem incorrect in disk management.

The System drive's properties are listed as
Disk 1 (Boot, Page File, Active, Crash Dump, Primary Partition)

The data drive's properties are listed as
Disk 0 (System, Active, Primary Partition)

I believe the System drive should have System as one of it's properties

...and the data drive should not have System, Active as properties.

Should I change these properties and how can these properties be changed? Also the Disk number are reversed. Should the disk numbers be corrected also?

A:Disk Management properties seem incorrect

Post a picture of Windows Disk Management to avoid confusion.

We need to see info at the partition level, not drive level.

I'd guess you have a System Reserved partition on the data drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/254598-disk-management-properties-seem-incorrect.html
Relevancy 58.48%

In Disk Management partitions are given descriptive terms like Boot Page File Active and so on Is there a description of what the set of terms are and what their significance is For example on machine Vaio the first unnamed partition GB invisible has the property Recovery Partition the second MB has the properties System Active Primary Partition it has the name System Reserved and the third the remainder of the drive is C with the properties Boot Page Management reported properties Disk Meaning of by File Meaning of properties reported by Disk Management Crash Dump Primary Partition On machine Dell the first unnamed partition MB invisible has the property OEM Partition the second unnamed GB invisible has the property Active Recovery Partition the remainder is C with the properties Boot Page File Crash Dump Primary Partition Apart from difference in order of the first two partitions big-small vs small-big where Recovery is big the systems seem to differ in that the Dell has nothing identified as System and it has an OEM Partition which the Vaio does not have plus the differences in whether that Meaning of properties reported by Disk Management small partition has the name System Reserved This weakly suggests that OEM Partition is just another label for System except that I suspect that the partitions don t have arbitrary text tags that provide this information they have some standardized numeric code or flag bit that gets translated into one of these labels and there is a real difference My underlying concern is whether these labeling differences between machines indicate that there is a lurking problem on one of the machines

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/384212-meaning-properties-reported-disk-management.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I stumbled upon this thread, but it's pretty old, so I thought I'd start a new one. In XP in Computer Management, you could right click on the computer and get a Properties option. This was especially useful if you were connecting to a remote computer. For example, you could edit the environment variables of a remote system. In Window 7, the Properties option is gone. (See attachments.) Is there any way to get it back, or else another way to remotely administer environment variables? Note: I know how to get to the Properties of the local system; that's not what I'm looking for. I want to be able to access the Properties of a remote system.

A:Computer Management - Missing the Properties Menu

What do you want to be able to achive from this?

I believe they have got rid of it entirly in Windows 7. See an old Vista post here:
http://www.vistax64.com/vista-genera...ties-menu.html
Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/193715-computer-management-missing-properties-menu.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I am running Windows XP Home edition. I made changes to my power scheme
settings in the 'Power Options Properties' of 'Display Properties'. Now the power schemes box is empty no schemes or options are displayed. How may I reset/refresh/reinstall my power options?

Relevancy 55.9%

Hi. If i change in Windows 10 in Power Management from Balanced to Power Saver is this safe for graphic card?
I change from Balanced to Power Saver and fps in benchmark went from 180fps to 50fps. Is there any hardware related changes due to swap from Balanced to Power Saver ?

A:Windows Power Management - Power Saver - is this safe for graphic card

Power Saver attempts to save power by reducing the CPU’s speed all the time and lowering screen brightness, among other similar settings and that may account for your fps drop when benchmarking. Doesn't sound like a good choice for your purposes.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/58466-windows-power-management-power-saver-safe-graphic-card.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello, I just downloaded and installed the video game PlanetSide. Everything is going great except for when I launched the application I received this simple pop up error telling me to switch the Power Scheme to Always On.

So, no big deal here. Just do what the pop says and everything will check out. Well I go to the Power Options and to my suprise everything is blank. When I click on the down arrow, Save As, or Delete buttons nothing happens. I would like to restore the Alyways On option. Any help is highly appreciated. Thank you for your time!

Relevancy 51.6%

I have a Lenovo S10 Netbook. The menus for the power options are grayed locking out their use. I am logged into an account with administrators priveledges. Can anyone offer a suggestion?

A:Power Options Properties

I used Kelley's fix once and it worked for me.

Try Kelly's fix:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm (scroll down to line 204,
right-hand side --> Restore Power Schemes/Configurations

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/power-options-properties-513821.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi all I have just got rid of a bad virus named (antivirus xp2008) real bad now
i can not set turn off monitor for any setting but 5min.
the numbers are there ie;10min-15min-etc. But will not work.
Can anyone tell me how to get into taht system and how to correct it.
Thanks--Don

A:Windows XP power option properties

Don,. click on the Delete button at the top, under Power Schemes. Then make the new settings> Save as> Apply> OK.

Note: depending on the settings, you may get a message that the combination is not compatible. That is normal and you may have to make changes until you get an acceptable combination.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-power-option-properties.110786/
Relevancy 50.74%

In control panel in power options Has Own A Power Mind Properties Its Of Options all of my default power schemes and even new ones I make always change themselves to plugged in minutes until Monitor off minutes until Hard disk off minutes until Standbyabout thirty times a day I have to reset everything to make it not turn the hard disk off while plugged in and not go to standby AND I have to reset the screen s resolution when it comes out of standby HP said to reset BIOS because of ACPI and another member on bc said to do so in a previous thread problem is ongoing and there is no setting in bios for this I have done reset to default and that doesn t help I have done powercfg restoredefaultpolicies Power Options Properties Has A Mind Of Its Own and that works for a little while then everything reverts to the settings I don t want Also the computer is an HP and comes with a presentation mode button that brings up a window which says Presentation button makes it possible Power Options Properties Has A Mind Of Its Own to bring up a presentation automatically and adjusts your video and power settings accordingly There is a dropdown menu in the presentation dialog that says power scheme and it usually is set to a different power scheme than I choose somehow by itself How can I fix this

A:Power Options Properties Has A Mind Of Its Own

Changing Presentation Mode settings

The Item to Open field enables a user to indicate a file, an application, a Web site, or a folder to open when the Presentation Mode button is pressed. Browse for an item by clicking the Browse button, or indicate a recently programmed item by clicking the down arrow in the Item to Open field.
The Video Mode and Power Schemes fields enable a user to control the video and power properties for Presentation Mode. Click the down arrow to indicate a video mode. The default video settings are 800 x 600, 32bit, 60 Hertz. Click the down arrow to choose a power options profile. The Adjust Power Properties button next to the Power Scheme field launches Microsoft Power Options, where the power scheme can be viewed or changed.

When you change them do you click Apply before OK?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/145474/power-options-properties-has-a-mind-of-its-own/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello I am confused by some of the energy saving setting in XP The energy-saving choices on the screen saver tab are not well explained I ve read that an LCD display has a finite lifetime and running a screensaver picture consumes part of that lifetime So it seems to me turning off the monitor power properties Solved: option after X-minutes is prudent What is the difference between turning the hard drive option on line after X and am going to Stand by I thought the energy savings in standby were accomplished by turning off the hard drive I m guessing there must be a difference otherwise there would not be two options What is Solved: power option properties that difference I don t think the energy savings between standby and hibernate are so significant to prefer one over the other However after one hour of inactivity I would like the computer to reduce energy consumption Do I choose the option on line or on line Is activity measured solely by keyboard or mouse or does it include downloading Thank you for your help nbsp

A:Solved: power option properties

if you want to deave the monitor set the screen saver to 'None' and this will just give a black screen and turn the monitor to standby

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-power-option-properties.624686/
Relevancy 50.31%

I think power management has worked on this system for about five minutes. Here is the story. If I choose stand by I get this message. The device driver for my modem is preventing the machine from entering standby. You may need to update the this driver. So I remove the modem and the drivers. Now it says the device driver for comport 2 is preventing the machine from entering standby. I deleted comport one. I disabled comport one. No matter what I do it will not go to sleep. I have acpi support and I have apm checked yes in the bios. Any fresh suggestions???

A:power management

Disable power saving. All it seems to do is cause a hard reboot when it continues sleeping when yo try to wake it. I tried all configurations of power management with many reboots until I simply turned it off.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-management.29930/
Relevancy 50.31%

What sorts of things can I do for power management, or is there any freeware/cheap software out there for this?? I cannot get my Sony Utilities installed, which means I no longer have Sony power management....

Relevancy 50.31%

Win 8.1.1, I noticed, that sometimes windows fails to manage cpu frequency - i was watching 1080p flash videos with chrome, and i noticed that it lags much, but it has never laged before. So trying various things i noticed in task manager, that when i start video, cpu stays at its miserable 800 mhz in powersaving mode (though i have set everything to performance and full speed in power management) instead of going to full speed at 2,4 ghz. So without any games i just completely disabled cpu power management in regedit to "solve" this problem. What could be the reason for this bug ?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/51784-bad-cpu-power-management.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have an ACER Aspire 5810T laptop about 18 months old, running Windows 7. Suddenly the battery will no longer run the device. The power monitor says the battery is 79% available and not charging. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Cointrol Merthod Battery without success. Any suggestions

A:Power Management

It is most likely that your battery needs replacing. If it lasted 18 months, you should be thankful.

But you could try recalibrating by letting the battery run down until the machine shuts off and then charging it fully (as possible).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-management.1021434/
Relevancy 50.31%

If I start up the pc on internal battery then when I connect mains power to the pc (no matter the level left in the battery) when it is on using the battery, the pc freezes until I disconnect power and go back to the internal battery. I have to close the pc entirely to connect to mains power again. But if I start on mains power connected and disconnect to use the internal battery no problem, until I try to reconnect to mains power again. WHY?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/power-management/td-p/3317996
Relevancy 50.31%

Windows 7 has the full and basic aero themes that can be changed inside personalization. Windows used to automatically disable Windows Aero (transparency) when I unplug my laptop from the mains.
I reset the theme and now it doesn't do this anymore. I can't seem to find how to enable this again. I've checked the advanced power options and control panel but turning back on this feature is eluding me. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

You might try

Start> Right Click Computer> Properties> Advanced System Settings> Advanced tab> In Performance - Settings> Check Let Windows choose what's best for my computer

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/167125-power-management.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello to all,

Not a big deal, but my machine doesn't seem to go into Standby automatically lately unless I do it manually. The settings in Power Management under Control Panel seem to be OK, unless I'm overlooking something. Any takes on it?

Regards,
Pete C.

Any number of things can prevent a computer from going into standby mode. Nearly any program running in the background can cause the problem. The only way to figure out which one is to start disabling things. Unfortunately, security software is a frequent culprit, and you don't want to disable that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-management.815829/
Relevancy 50.31%

I'm looking for some advice regarding power management in Win XP for the home user with a desktop. Is it better to activate the system standby and hibernation features, or should I stick with "turn off monitor after 20 minutes"? This all stems from, is it better to shut the system off each night for a clean start the next day, or is it better to save the wear and tear of startup with standby or hibernation. Thanks in advance

Relevancy 50.31%

I am using a Toshiba Satellite notebook and the power management utility doesn't seem to be working. There is no choice for notebook use and there is no hibernate option. Can anyone help? Thanks.

A:xp pro power management

i had the same problem with my ibm thinkpad t23. there are two solutions: upgrade to service pack 2, but thats a huge download. service pack 2 MIGHT enable your advanced PM. the other option is to go to toshibas website and download the PM drivers for your laptop

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-pro-power-management.287692/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have my computer set up to turn off the monitor, go to standby, etc after a set time. It used to be that when it went into standby and I moved the mouse some time later, the monitor would light up and the blue log in screen would appear and then I would click the appropriate user and go from there. Now, after I move the mouse and the monitor turns on, there is no log in screen, it takes me right to the desktop of the last user. How do I get it to function the way it used to with the log in screen when it turns back on from standby mode?

A:Power Management in XP

There are so many factors in Windows that can affect Standby Mode that it can be very frustrating trying to figure out what is going on. Standyby feature has always been a 'thorn' in Windows side so to speak. Some people can use it and never have problems, some can't use it at all and some just have lockups when it worked fine. My opinion?? Leave the standby feature off, have your monitor shut off after XX amount of minutes. Set the hardrive to shut down XX amount minutes later. That way, when you log off to the logon screen, the monitor will shut down as per your settings. I know this isn't a fix for something that worked for you before. Did you install or make any changes to software/hardware before this happend? Anything different in your settings before? The only other thing in your case is maybe some software program activates and logs back on to the last person's profile.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-management-in-xp.86112/
Relevancy 50.31%

monitor blanks doesn't shut off

I recommend you to try unhooking your monitor and hooking it back up. That might work on some monitors.
TravisXP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-management.589863/
Relevancy 50.31%

I am using a USB device that only works if you unplug and replug the device in the same or different USB port. It will work until you restart the machine. The length of restart doesn't seem to matter. Is there a way so that I can leave that USB device permanently on. I already tried deactivating the power saver on the usb port option, but it didn't seem to make a difference. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Steve [email protected]

A:USB Power Management

Did you disable power saving on all of the usb root hubs in device manager.
What kind of USB device is it?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/usb-power-management-424993.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have edited my power management settings,

I have set the computer to turn off the monitor after 1 minute, hard disks after 30 minutes. However neither the monitor or hard disks turn off when they are set to, why is this?

no screen savers are set.

You probably need to enable APM (advanced power management) in your bios.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-management.175514/
Relevancy 50.31%

I seem to be missing my power management tab for my Power USB Tab Management Root Hubs I ve got power management for USB Power Management Tab the keyboard not usb and mouse usb but not for my wifi I d like to control the power management for the wifi but there no tab for that Is that normal or is something wrong here I ve also noticed that some times when bringing the machine out of standby that my wifi doesn t always reconnect Recently I had to reboot to get it reconnected So I don t know if this is an associated problem as well I have another machine operating the same software and noticed the same problem so I was able to disable power management for the wifi and the problem went away That s why I d like to do the same for the above machine but No power management tab I m running WinXP Pro SP and all updates and drivers are current nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

I'm running Windows XP Home. I know how to get to my POWER OPTIONS PROPERTIES WINDOW. I know how to adjust my Monitor settings to shut my monitor down, however how do I get my computer to Sleep? What is the difference between SYSTEM STANDBY and SYSTEM HIBERNATES options? Which function should I use if I want my computer to basically shut down if I'm not using it after a certain peroid time? Also under Power Schemes options I have it set for "always on". Where should be set? Thanks

To get your computer to sleep go to the advanced tab on the power options. There you can set different reactions for your actions like sleep when I push the power button. My understanding of standby is that during stand by the computer essentially shuts down with the exception of the memory. This way the data for the current system state are still stored there allowing quicker restart while the battery, if it is a laptop, lasts or the power is plugged in. Hibernation is similar except the data from the memory is stored in a temporary file on the hard drive and the computer shuts down completely. When it restarts it reloads the data from the drive to the memory and restarts much the same as sleep mode from there. Problems with both of these modes is that changes to things such as the last good configuration, registry or profile are not completely saved which can cause certain issues if these are used all of the time. As far as the settings for your power scheme the right one is the one that makes the computer do what you want it to do. Other than that it doesn't matter. For myself unless it is a laptop I have it set to always on and turn all of the items underneath to never so I don't have to wait for anything.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/306140/power-management/
Relevancy 50.31%

Anyone know how to permanently disable power management in Vista?
I have a KVMA switch and it's a real pita when the monitor shuts off due to inactivity when I jump to the other PC.

I keep going into power management in control panel, into performance power management profile, setting everything to never. Somehow the monitor option keeps getting set to shut off in 20 minutes!! This is on both Vista Home Premium 32 bit and 64 bit.

There must be a service to disable so it won't sleep the monitor no matter what the setting I would think.

Hi MilesAhead,

You might see if resetting all Power Plans back to default, then setting them back to never may allow the monitor setting to stick for you.

Did you also set the screen saver selection to none?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/207680-power-management.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a new XP machine and an older machine I m still migrating off of Both computers Power management have LCD flat panel monitors I m a small business user Time is always of the essence and waiting for my computer is never a good thing I m wondering if Power Management is useful and worthwhile ie to put the computer into power saving mode after an hour or two of inactivity I m really more concerned with saving the life of the computer than few pennies on electricity I never even bother to turn off the lights when I leave the office Also is a screen saver useful at all with an LCD monitor Power management or totally unnecessary Oh and Power management I notice my Norton Anti-Virus automatic update checks aren t taking place at least not on the machine anyway -- not sure about the XP machine -- shile in Standby mode Not cool Not worth a few pennies savings Takes me more time to manually do the LiveUpdate when I get back to the computer than it s worth Thanks nbsp

A:Power management

I have always set all the power saving options to Always On and leave the screen saver off. When I am leaving the PC for more than a few minutes, I turn the monitor off. If there's an open project I'm working on, it's always there when I return. Using the Standby mode and other handy features, raises the possibility that you will loose it when the darn thing doesn't "wake up" when you want it to. It only takes a few seconds for the monitor to come up and you know you have it just like you left it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-management.335507/
Relevancy 50.31%

Is Hp Power Management compatible with windows 8? i re installed it but it never seems to run, and it doesnt dim the screen or work in anyway, please let me know, thanks guys

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/13925-hp-power-management.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Two Problems I am unable to save a Power Scheme In Windows Xp you are supposed to be able to create and save a power management scheme by selecting times to shut off monitor place system on standby turn off hard disks and hibernate Then click save as and type a name for the scheme and click apply Well when I do all that it appears as though it is saved I can click the dropdown list arrow where the scheme names are and the new scheme will be listed Then I will close out the window after Management In XP Power clicking apply OK I will go back into the Power Management and the scheme that I created will not be there at all and the settings Power Management In XP are back to where they were before I changed them Any idea how to fix this or what is creating the problem When my computer is on standby automatically from a power managment setting and Power Management In XP it comes out by me clicking the mouse it used to be that the welcome screen would come up and I would have to click a user name to continue Now it just automatically comes up to the desktop with no option to choose a user name I can t seem to figure out why the change all of a sudden nbsp

A:Power Management In XP

1. I had the same problem. Did you delete the presets? I deleted all the presets, and XP got angry and wouldn't let me save any of my own. I restored to before I deleted the presets, and now I can save (and keep) MY presets. The only annoying thing is that I have all these bloody XP presets I don't need.

2. Go to your power options in control panel. Then go to the advanced tab, then check "prompt for password when computer resumes from standby, that should fix it.

Sorry for the late reply, I've been on a posting frenzy lately...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-management-in-xp.102654/
Relevancy 50.31%

My pc is pretty new, it's a custom build. Everything seems to be working okay but I have this message in the action center telling me to install the power management driver. I have the ASUS motherboard disc and I installed all the drivers previously so I don't know what happened, but I have no idea where the driver would be. Any help would be much appreciated.

If you open the Action Center, you should be able to turn off that message.

---------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-management.1152664/
Relevancy 50.31%

This is a second attempt for this question:

I have a W2K server domain in a small business office. Two of the PC's are running WinXP Pro. The two pcs have to stay active 24/7/365. By default the macines go into standby is left unused for 15 minutes. These machine are logged into by several users a day using a domain login account. The only accounts that can change the settings are admina and power users.

Is there a setting that changes it for all users or a group policy that can be enacted for all users. I dont want to make everyone that uses the machine a power user for security reasons. Changing the setting by an administratopr does not affect all users.

Your question is a bit unclear.
<<Is there a setting that changes it for all users or a group policy that can be enacted for all users.>>
Changes what? What exactly are you trying to do?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/power-management-59258.html
Relevancy 50.31%

When I set my Monitor to turn off in power management it dosen't come back on when I need it
I tried different setting ,still woun't come on, I have to reboot??
What do you think is wrong??

A:Power management

Jcapstick
Many times Power Management options as originally designed do not work well. If the system was designed specifically to be compatable with power management all will go well until something changes. In your case it could be addition of a video card or updated drivers. Or incompatable drivers to start with. The only suggestion I would have is go to your Video cards manufacturers website and see if newer drivers are available. If you have on Motherboard video then to the Motherboard manufacturer you must go.

Dave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-management.94079/
Relevancy 50.31%

In the Power Options Properties window what should the proper settings be under each of the tabs? I'm running XP Pro.

A:Proper Settings in Power Options Properties

If everything always works then what ever you want. But I've had problems with some programs if they are left hanging when they think they should be alive and running. XP seems to have worked out most of the power bugs over earlier releases.
In general video is a freebie. What ever. But I like to keep my HDD active no power save except if you have a notebook. Hardware is designed different for those and HDD power save really saves the battery.
I choose not to use hibernate cause I've had problems in the past rather save configuration to drive for a quick startup seems to work for me fine.

On my desktop I always do a full shutdown and only enable monitor sleep.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/proper-settings-in-power-options-properties.265647/
Relevancy 50.31%

In the Power Options Properties window what should the proper settings be under each of the tabs? I'm running XP Pro.

A:Proper Settings in Power Options Properties

If everything always works then what ever you want. But I've had problems with some programs if they are left hanging when they think they should be alive and running. XP seems to have worked out most of the power bugs over earlier releases.
In general video is a freebie. What ever. But I like to keep my HDD active no power save except if you have a notebook. Hardware is designed different for those and HDD power save really saves the battery.
I choose not to use hibernate cause I've had problems in the past rather save configuration to drive for a quick startup seems to work for me fine.

On my desktop I always do a full shutdown and only enable monitor sleep.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/proper-settings-in-power-options-properties.265647/
Relevancy 49.88%

I am running windows 7 professional  Every time I try install lenovo power management it installs fine but when i restart i get a blue screen of death. (I restore using last known good configuration) I have tried the version on the y570 drivers page as well as the general updated version, both with the same results

A:Help! Power Management Y570

If you could upload a copy of the BSOD details, it would help diagnose the problem To do so, go to http://www.osronline.com/page.cfm?name=Analyze and select the Choose File box (down the page a bit) and browse to the C:\Windows\Minidump\  folder and select one of the recent .dmp files, and then select the Upload Dump button.    After a short period of time, it will dispaly the details of the BSOD, which you can then select, copy and paste into your next post here.     Hopefully the BSOD details will point to the culprit. Cheers,

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Help-Power-Management-Y570/td-p/3334407
Relevancy 49.88%

I've recently been getting annoyed by the noise my PC makes, specifically the 2 HDDs. It's the high pitch whirring noise of the 7200rpm spindle spinning constantly. It's very noticable when my room has gone completly quiet.

I see the power options to shut off hdds after 10mins, i could hear the difference straight away, the whirring noise has near enough gone.

Is there anything wrong with doing this as my second 'storage' drive only warms up when i need to access it rarely say when just using Word and hdds have gone to sleep in background until i save or something.

remember they goto sleep after x minutes of idle time so if i'm surfing and C: drive is occasional in use with the IE cache, it stays alive.

it makes more immediate difference then anything else i've tried b4.

A:Power Management and HDDs

You really shouldn't spin down a HD if you're going to start it again more than 3-4 times a day.

I don't know if there is a way to spin down only one HD. There were such utilities for DOS, but I haven't seen such a thing for newer OS.

Have you tried a thick sock around the HD?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-management-and-hdds.4031/
Relevancy 49.88%

I am running Windows pro SP and a few months ago this issue started though it s not a biggie I have a laptop and have the power management issues. Power Management set to turn off monitor after min of inactivity It will not turn off anymore the screensaver however does do it s thing I looked in BIOS to see if Pwr management Power Management issues. was enabled and it was tried to reapply changes to the time for monitor to go off However when I use Linux Mandrake it does turn off monitor as it should min Has to be a windows issue The only thing that may have did this was upgrading my video driver recently I have a SiS chip Audio Video chip I may revert back to the old driver to see if that makes a difference Any thoughts or any way I can go to the registry to see if pwr management has been disabled by force Issue Resolved downgraded the video driver The new SiS VGA was experimental according to thier website John nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-management-issues.508267/
Relevancy 49.88%

I set the power management for a number of minutes, and after the computer has been asleep there`s no internet connection. I restart the computer and then the internet connection is back on. Is there something that`s not set? It`s a Windows 7 computer.

A:Power management no connection

I set the power management for a number of minutesClick to expand...

after the computer has been asleep there`s no internet connection.Click to expand...

This problem was far more prevalent in XP than it is in Vista and Windows 7, but still occurs. Make sure you have the latest correct network driver. If it is an integrated adapter get the driver from the PC (or motherboard) manufacturer's web site.

Make sure you have the latest firmware for the router; then reset it to factory default settings and reconfigure.

If the problem still occurs you could try a different adapter or router. The workaround I use (less trouble than a reboot) when I run into this is to disconnect before Sleeping, and then reconnect after awakening.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-management-no-connection.1027222/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey, I'm sorry if I don't use proper terms, but I'm using a Dutch Windows XP Home version, so I'm just trying to translate the names.
My problem is I can't get the Power Management back to work. I was playing a bit with the names, but accidentally entered a name for a new scheme which was already in use, and now my Power Management doesn't work no more. I can't select Schemes no more, they're all gone, nor can I enter values to shutdown my monitor etc. The fields are all plain grey..
Btw I'm using a laptop, don't know if it makes any difference. I also tried several solutions regarding the registry, but none of them worked.
Can anyone help me?

Tnx,
KilledKenny

A:Power Management got corrupted..Need help

http://www.jsifaq.com/SUBU/tip10200/rh10225.htm or

http://www.jsifaq.com/SUBP/tip7900/rh7939.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-management-got-corrupted-need-help.449772/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi Forum,

I have a laptop that will not allow me to change the power management settings. When I either right click on the mouse and go to properties/screen saver/monitorpower the hr glass appears for a couple of seconds and then disappears.

.....the same things happens if I go thru control power .....

Good old Microsoft reckons the xp is probably corrupted and will have to be reinstalled ( losing naturally all the info on the HD) ....any suggestions folks?

A:Windows Xp power Management

You could attempt to fix your windows installation by inserting the Win XP CD-ROM and when prompted select the REPAIR option. If that doesnt work i suggest backing up your system data and reinstall.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-power-management.91669/
Relevancy 49.88%

Does anyone know of a quick way to change between power management schemes? For a desktop setup - I'm thinking of a utility that sits in the taskbar that allows you to quickly change schemes.

A:Power Management Utility?

Here I simply right clicked on the power options item once going into the Start>Control Panel there to make a copy for a custom toolbar. The shortcut can be renamed and dragged right onto the taskbar itself in order to save steps.

For themes those are actually custom plans created in the power options section itself. You can create any number there and have ready access with the shortcut pinned. No 3rd party utility needed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/15569-power-management-utility.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Does anyone know where I could find the Toshiba Power Management utility (with comtrols for screen brightness, hibernation, etc) for a Satellite 2515CDS funning Windows XP professional? I checked the Toshiba site, but I couldn't find it (I'm not known for finding things, though).

I did find it for Win 98 back when I was funning that, but I forgot what it was called. I know that was on the toshiba site, so if anyone finds that, I'll see if I can make it work.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/39282/toshiba-power-management/
Relevancy 49.88%

How do I give a user on a Windows Server 2000 Domain the access to change the Power Settings for the Monitor turning off, Hard drive shutting down and so on? Right now I get access denied on all systems including the server logged on as the user OR the Administrator. Is it in a group policy on the Domain or a local policy on the stations? If so where? Active directory and DHCP are both installed and active

A:Win 2K Server Power Management

This might help
http://www.terranovum.com/docs/energystar/WindowsPMWhitePaper-v4rev{2}.pdf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-2k-server-power-management.470479/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi there. Since I bought my new mouse and illuminated keyboard, when I use the PC a lot, they have spontaneously been stoping for a period of time and then they work fine. I didn't have this problem before because I had a ps2 keyboard. Now I have USB mouse and keyboard and this happens. I do believe there is a problem with the power management. A friend of mine has the same motherboard and he incurs the same problem. I have a Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3V and here is a printscreen of my bios with the power management tab.
What settings should I change?

A:Bios power management

Hi,

I think you'd be able to adjust that power management settings in Windows under

Control Panel>Power Options>Edit Plan Settings>Change Advanced Power Settings>USB Settings
Or in Device Manager>USB Root Hub Properties>Power Management Tab

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-power-management.202067/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hallo ppl. I have just installed windows 8.1 enterprise, and after that problems started. Battery charges very slow and only to 60%, and discharges fast esp. when i play games. I have Toshiba satellite P775-11P
I think the problem is in "Platform Power Management Capabilities:PCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) DisabledPCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) has been disabled due to a known incompatibility with the hardware in this computer."

A:Power management issues!

http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/cont...C30498600A.exe

Satellite P775-S7165 Support | Toshiba

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/40380-power-management-issues.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I'm looking for a driver or whatever it is I need to get this Dell Inspiron 6000 to shut down when the lid is closed....right now the only option I have is Do Nothing - I've looked on the dell.com site but can't seem to find what I need - can anyone help?

Thanks,

Brandon

A:power management on laptop

Under the Advanced tab of Power Options do you have Hibernation enabled? Standby or Hibernation would be the other options for "lid closed", NOT shutdown. Likewise, those are the options for 'inactivity'. Shutdn is a manual operation...push the button.

I don't believe that this is a "driver" issue at all.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-management-on-laptop.531379/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello Everyone!,Im running a asus x540la laptop with AMI bios and i want to make my laptop boot in the morning but i have bo powermanagement option in bios What should i do ?

A:Power management bios

I haven't seen the option to power on a machine at a certain time on any sort of modern machine.  Is it really that slow to boot that you need it to turn on automatically?  If so you should probably address that issue.  Also, a machine that new will use next to no power when it's in standby so that may also be an option if you need to get it up and running quickly.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,156220.0.html
Relevancy 49.88%

My Power Management used to work. I have it set to turn off monitor after 1 hour and hard disks after 2 hours. It never shuts down. I tried checking the standby box and it doesn't work either. I tried checking hibernate and THAT seemed to work, but it had to completely restart.

I only want it to turn off monitor and hard disks. Why does this no longer work?

It used to work just fine! Please help!!!!

A:XP Power Management Does not Work!

The power management features don't always work right - as you've found out.

Set the power scheme to "Always On", set everything else to "Never", set the power button command to "Shut down", set the sleep button command to "Do nothing", and turn off hibernation. Then get in the habit of turning off your computer when you're done. There's no need to turn off the monitor because it'll go to sleep when you turn off your computer, and then it'll wake up when you turn your computer back on. It's good to restart your computer once a day anyway.

---------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-power-management-does-not-work.859981/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello guys,

I quite frequently leave my PC on when i go to bed, to let it finish a task, and i want it to shutdown when the task is complete...

I im in the power saving mode, and i can set times for:

Monitor off
Standby mode
Hard disks off

For one, what does shutting the HD off do if the PC is still running?

My big question, are the times that i set for standby after i don't touch the computer, or after the computer is finished its tasks...

Cheers,
James

A:Question about Power management...

im sure leaving it on all the time will hurt it in some way shape/form. but i do the same thing. but i do set it so the monitor/screen does turn off. cause images will get burned into the screen. and u would set the standby for after task complete.
also depending on what you're running u can go into the bios and actually set a shutdown standard time and even a turn on standard time.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/question-about-power-management-215630.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Greetings friends.
We still do have 30 Windows XP Computers in our Network which are not in domain. Yes we're migrating slowly towards windows 7.
Recently we have standardized our computer settings to be 10 minutes of inactivity to turn off screen and 20 minutes of inactivity to sleep. It was really tedious to go to each and every computer change the settings manually.
So i made a batch file to implement the standard settings created in one of the xp machines
"powercfg /export powerStd /file filename.
Now to invoke that batch file a NORMAL account allow in xp to change the powercfg.
When i do runas /u:administrator "powerStd.bat, The power settings are created instead for the administrator user.
I hope i clearly mentioned my problem.
Many Thanks
lexi

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-power-management.1117694/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi Brink et al I experience a lot of warping in an online game that I play now and then Aces High II My system has plenty of RAM GB and a good mobile GPU so I know the problem is caused by something else I have disabled all unnecessary services per blackviper com The tech guy at the game company said that I need to quot disable all power management Power Management? Disabling all quot because it is the main source of warping online Hmmm ok I'm willing to give it a try I searched the forums this thread is the closest thing I found about disabling all power management in Vista Didn't really give me what I'm looking for I was surprised that there isn't a Service in Administrative Tools gt Services that I can just disable Any idea how I might disable all power management Disabling all Power Management? in Vista Home Premium -- at least temporarily while I see if it makes a difference Thank you My system in case it matters Gateway P- Fx laptop Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Card name NVIDIA GeForce M GTS Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce M GTS Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB

A:Disabling all Power Management?

Hello TBbolt,

Setting everything in your Power Plan Options and Screen Saver settings to Never should turn off this for you.

Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/217270-disabling-all-power-management.html
Relevancy 49.88%

The monitor & hard drive no longer turn off after the set time & pc won't go into suspend mode after set time and if I use the "sleep" button on the kb to suspend pc hangs & has to be cold booted. It's been this way for months and I don't know what qualifying event may have triggered this. I know I can just turn off APM and not use it, but I want it to work. I think I have checked the obvious settings and may need to reinstall something.

Relevancy 49.88%

for the last 2 days ive been getting a blue screen with Page_fault_in_nonepaged_area and it states its dumping physical memory onto disc?ive no idea why this is and its getting to the stage where ive got approx 5 mins after starting up till it happens,also i keep getting power management wizard on startup which has started the same time as this message has?.
could anyone help?

A:Page_fault_in_nonepaged_area /power management

What OS?

Start with a thorough disk check and repair.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/page_fault_in_nonepaged_area-power-management.414518/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello I wondereid if anyone may be able to help me with my IBM Thinkpad T Laptop TP on power Win98 IBM management T21 IBM support say they don t support re-installing any OS and they can t help me I Win98 power management on IBM TP T21 have had to re-install Windows SE I have downloaded and installed all T utilities from the IBM support website however I have a slight problem with the power management amp Battery Win98 power management on IBM TP T21 maximiser features I am unable to get the battery maximiser gauge to display in the system tray if I select the option Options gt Customise from within ThinkPad configuration I receive the following error - RUNDLL quot Error Loading C PROGRA THINKPAD UTILIT PWRMONIT DLL A device attached to the system is not functioning quot I can view the status of the battery with the battery information utility From the configuration utility but whatever I try it will not display on the system tray Also I cannot get hibernation to work even though I have installed hibw win exe Version - Hibernation utility package for Windows NT also if I use the suspend feature I cannot get the unit to resume I wondered if you could offer any advice I suspect it is something to do with the Power management driver I have installed tpbmpm k exe Version - Battery MaxiMiser and Power Management Features for Windows Me NT XP Any help or advice would be appreciated It s not the most major issue in the world but you know how it is when you can t figure a problem out Many thanks Howard nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win98-power-management-on-ibm-tp-t21.176437/
Relevancy 49.88%

If I start up the pc on internal battery then when I connect mains power to the pc (no matter the level left in the battery) when it is on using the battery, the pc freezes until I disconnect power and go back to the internal battery. I have to close the pc entirely to connect to mains power again. But if I start on mains power connected and disconnect to use the internal battery no problem, until I try to reconnect to mains power again. WHY?

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

A:Yoga 2 13 - power management

Good day and welcome to the community.Please provide more information about your system (model, OS, recent updates, etc), otherwise it will be difficult for the community to assist you. We will also be able to confirm that your post is in the proper forum.Regards.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-2-13-power-management/td-p/3317996
Relevancy 49.88%

I'm adjusting some power settings in group policy for a special set of tablets Panasonic H in our organization that are in high use I have a question about one setting in there I'm unfamiliar with which is processor power management I've read some white papers from Microsoft along with Google research but I'm yet to find a good answer on how to properly adjust these settings to extend battery life The first thing that looks weird to me is that in the group policy it is represented as a time in minutes but when you edit management processor power the settings it is represented as a percentage I was wondering if anyone had knowledge on these settings or another website with some useful information about what to adjust here The H processor power management tablets use remote apps for the most part so I feel like I could reduce CPU power without affecting performance within processor power management the remote apps they use Their biggest problem is battery life right now

A:processor power management

Just set minimum to the lowest it can go and let the computer handle it. I this case, 0. That way the computer will adjust the frequency of the CPU when it needs to. Otherwise it will stay at the minimum.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/186647-processor-power-management.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a Compaq Prsario 2500 (2512EA) with Phoenix BIOS KF.F.14 (The latest I could find). The BIOS seems to support ACPI but not APM (SiSoft SANDRA reports). I have XP SP2 Pro with all available updates from Microsoft. I have also installed the latest drivers from HP website (Including VGA). And here is the problem: My Laptop doesn't support basic power management features like standby or hibernate. How do you thik I can enable them?
Thank you in advance.

Relevancy 49.88%

We have a Toshiba A75 Satellite and, well, I hate it. Anyhow, the computer is plugged in and I have to use Toshiba's power management rather than windows power management. I think I have it configured right but the screen keeps going black after about 5 minutes. Is there any way to turn off the Toshiba power management and use windows?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-power-management.563319/
Relevancy 49.88%

i have a toshiba laptop and after 30 mins of no activity on my computer, it will go to standby mode, i try to use windows power options in the control panel but it tells me i have to go to toshiba power management, well when i go there it dosent give me any time settings to change it, any help is appreciated an email ([email protected]) or msg through AIM (sn is PufferFishofDoom) whould help alot PLEASE

thanks PufferFishofDoom

A:Toshiba Power Management

cant fix this still

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-power-management.318768/
Relevancy 49.88%

Is there any power management to change the charging limit and threshold for P50/P70 on Windows 10?

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Power management for P50/P70 Win10

Unfortunately, since Windows 7 there is no method to do this through the Power Manager.  However, there are registry entries that will allow you to set your own start and stop percentage points for the battery to charge.  This thread will walk you through editing those registry keys: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Windows-10/Windows-10-charges-T450s-to-100-charging-threshold-not-respe... 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Power-management-for-P50-P70-Win10/td-p/3309489
Relevancy 49.88%

I have set power management so the display goes off ater 60 minutes but it (and sound) still goes off within a couple of minutes. I don't mind the display going off but I would like to still hear programs and program streams. How do I resolve this issue? What other power changes can I make to help resolve this issue? (I am not on battery power.) Thank you.

A:Yoga 13 Win 8 power management

hi n6neb1,

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.

Can you try to Disable Sleep and Hibernation Settings under the power options and see if the display or the system still goes off after a couple of minutes.

Let me know your findings

Cheers

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-13-Win-8-power-management/td-p/1098993
Relevancy 49.88%

I have Windows Home Premium x Retail installed on my desktop at home So far I love it I ran the RC prior to this and found it much much better than I had expected Anyway for some reason my computer is not suspending itself any more It worked fine for the first week turning quot off quot after about minutes Great feature especially since I have a NAS for file and printer sharing now I don't need to have my desktop on all the time anymore This started happening yesterday The only thing out of the ordinary that I have done is cancel an automatic AVG scan yesterday so I could play some games after work Could canceling this scan have triggered something I went into the Power Management screen multiple times and reset the suspend time it never changed from minuites until I changed it to and back to I restarted the computer this morning so I'm not sure if it's still happening but has anyone heard of something like this

A:Power management not working?

As an update to this:

I ran powercrfg -events and powercfg -requests last night to try to determine where the hang up was, and apparently something is using my audio driver, preventing it from going to sleep properly.

I can put it to sleep via the start menu with no problems, it just won't do it automatically for some reason.

My next step is going to be to either find an updated driver that hopefully won't do this, or simply uninstall the driver and let Windows use its own driver. I've searched the net, and this seems to be a common issue with the SigmaTel HDAudio drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/33368-power-management-not-working.html
Relevancy 49.88%

just realised that the power management options have disappeared from my control panel.

I ran command prompt as admin: powercfg -requests and got

DISPLAY:
None.
SYSTEM:
None:
AWAYMODE:
None.

so not sure how to reset this?

also when I click on the power icon and then "More power options" nothing happens

Relevancy 49.88%

Hello,

I have a HP 530 laptop with a Celeron M processor at 1.6 ghz, the battery has 4 cells and overall the lifetime of the laptop is quite short, for Acer notebooks there's an application that lets you reduce the processor speed and shuts down several hardware components (like the LAN card) to increase battery life, HP does not have such an application, is there a similar third party application that you can recommend for this laptop? Because Windows XP power management does not do a very good job.

A:HP 530 Celeron M power management

gravesent, celeron can't change it's clock and voltage. but you can replace it to Pentium-M, which can do those things

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-530-celeron-m-power-management.84295/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,
In Win XP & Win 2000, if the standby mode is selected, the PPP connection is terminated (by the Powe Manger, I think?).
Can someone tell me how this is done? I want to retain the PPP connection when I comeback from standby mode instead of re-initiating the connection.

Many thanks,
Suraj

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-management-and-ppp-connection.259066/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi, my problem is when I boot up. Before I get the windows screen I get a message saying something like 'Hardware Error, go to POWER MANAGEMENT SETUP' When I go there(which I really don't understand much of it) I see a couple of errors, the first is;

Fan Monitor
Chassis Fan Speed: XXXXRPM[Err]

and the second is;

Thermal Monitor
MB Temperature: 122*F[Err]
then it jumps to 120*F with no error next to it.

I am running Windows 98
AMD-K6 3D Processor
192MB RAM

I also have had a couple of Blue Screens where it has said;
Invalid VxD dynamic link call from VWIN32(05)+0000119E to device "0002", service 1.
Configuration is invalid. Please run Setup.

My questions are:
Has one got anything to do with the other?
How do I run Setup?
How can I fix the problems?

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 49.88%

Now that I've built my new system, my "standby" functions do not work as before. I'm pretty sure it is something i can set up, or does anyone know if the GA-7DX cannot do this?

When I press "standby" the drives do shut down, but the fans are all operating. How can I make the fans sleep as well?

Also, once my ssytem is in "sleep" the kbd or mouse will not wake it. Nothing wakes it. I have to press the power button and then it looks like it retarts! How do I make the keyboard & mouse come out of sleep?

Is that the same thing as Suspend To RAM? I dont have Suspend To RAM enabled - I'd have to set a jumper for that. I thought that sleep and suspend to RAM were different.

Any thoughts on these sleep issues?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-management-questions.65828/
Relevancy 49.88%

hello im new to this fourm and i am not experianced with computers~
well heres the problem. Today i turned off my computer and when i returned after about 1 hour i turned it on and it started, but a little box comes out and says Power management and some numbers with the title being Frequency does anybody know how to fix this? i cant start my computer it just restarts and does it voer and voer agian.

im using a differnt computer by the way it would be great if u could asnwer asap~alos ive tried safe mode and it still wont work it restarts after its on the loading page for Windows Xp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-management-frequency-help.461039/
Relevancy 49.88%

My laptop G 50 30 is showing message that your power management system is not compatible with this version of window and currently i m using window 8.1 and my model name of power management system is lenovo acpi virtual power controller can somebody help me which version of window is suitable for my laptop

Moderator comment: Model added to subject for clarity.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G50-30-power-management-problem/td-p/3320222
Relevancy 49.88%

Some weeks ago I posted a message in this forum regarding a problem with a new E Core duo computer Specifically it would not go into Standby and or Hibernate on it s own per the Power settings and if I put it into Standby manually it will sometimes go on to Hibernate sometimes not but if it does within minutes of hibernating it comes problems management Power out all on its own I have been told that it might be a memory problem but I am now using my old P computer and it has started doing the same thing If I boot the computer with quot Diagnostic Power management problems start up quot basic start items and services only Standby and Hibernate work perfectly If I go back to a normal boot the problem reappears so it has something to do with some service s or software I have tried selectively unchecking various items in the Startup and even tried disabling some services but cannot isolate the culprit My virus and multiple spyware softwares reveal no viruses or spyware Following is a Hijackthis dump I see absolutely nothing in it that should cause this problem Does anyone else Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at pm on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboTaskBarIcon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe c Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro dpupdchk exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe Power management problems C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Common Files AntiVirus SBAMSvc exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C PROGRA AVANQU SYSTEM MXTask exe C PROGRA AVANQU SYSTEM mxtask exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO CitiUS Shared Browser Helper Object - EDF - CF - -BC F- BE C - no file O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files Avanquest SystemSuite LinkScannerIE dll O - BHO Canon Easy Web Print Helper - F E- - E - AAF- BC A A BE - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint EWPBrowseLoader dll O - BHO RoboForm - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Data Vault - ADC - - DD- D - C D - C Program Files Avanquest SystemSuite IE ContextMenu Vault dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-management-problems.764025/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi There

Should i be using APC"s battery backup software, or stick with Windows 7 built in battery management software?

just curious and wondering on that

A:Power Management Question

If you want to be able to have the computer automatically shut down when the power goes out, I would say go with APC's... Other then that I don't even connect my UPS's to my computers anymore...

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/200395-power-management-question.html
Relevancy 49.88%

hi everyone first post i have windows xp media center edition with rollup i'm working on enabling s standby and have got everything setup in the bios as it should be the one thing that is holding me back is i'm unable to set windows to wake with a usb device in the device manager properties for usb root - under the power management tab the option to allow usb devices to wake computer is greyed out and Power USB Management Root unchecked is there any way to force this in windows prior to a reinstall of windows last week i was able to wake with usb devices - USB Root Power Management albeit that i had never actually gone into this area to check if this was enabled before it simply worked so i never questioned why but now i am getting very frustrated does anyone know why this would be greyed out does windows get some info from the bios on install that would stop this option being available the bios is set to S power management i can successfully standby and wake from the power button on the computer but waking with usb is no go any help would be greatly appreciated ps i checked the settings on my laptop too and its greyed out there USB Root Power Management also very odd as all the faq's i've read to date have had this option freely available to users for editing thanks again mike

A:USB Root Power Management

Hi and Welcome to TSF

In the BIOS, is the wakeup option set to Power Button only. Change it to "Any Key"

Any "CHASIS" jumper on the mobo to enable this feature?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/usb-root-power-management-102968.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I recently re-installed Windows XP Home to my notebook. Since the re-installation I have had problems with Power Management, I normally have my Power Scheme as 'Always on' and 'Do Nothing on Lid Close'. But, everytime I return from stand-by or reboot. The power settings are returned to the default Portable/Notebook power scheme settings but the power scheme selected is still 'always on' and my advanced options for 'Do Nothing on Lid Close' are returned to 'Standby on Lid Close' which is the default for notebooks.

A:Power Management Problems

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroBishop

I recently re-installed Windows XP Home to my notebook. Since the re-installation I have had problems with Power Management, I normally have my Power Scheme as 'Always on' and 'Do Nothing on Lid Close'. But, everytime I return from stand-by or reboot. The power settings are returned to the default Portable/Notebook power scheme settings but the power scheme selected is still 'always on' and my advanced options for 'Do Nothing on Lid Close' are returned to 'Standby on Lid Close' which is the default for notebooks.

This maybe of help http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...02march25.mspx.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/power-management-problems-176318.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a Toshiba Satellite L -A- with an integrated Li-ion battery The removal of this Toshiba battery is quite complicated it is necessary to open the case unscrewing screws and remove the dvd unit The battery itself is fixed to the motherboard with screws and a pin connector See this instructive youtube video My main concern is that I need to use my notebook daily for L50-A-161 management power Satellite a prolonged period of time many hours a day often from morning to night and I rarely need the battery as a source of power working in places where Satellite L50-A-161 power management the AC power is always available To some extent I would mainly need and use the battery as an AC filter Many in fact suggest not to remove it so to avoid to expose motherboard and hard disk to power surges and also not everybody can afford a UPS for every place he is supposed to move to With this in mind I am wondering what practice suits me best keep the laptop connected to the AC grid and calibrate the battery once a month with occasional partial discharges charges would be safe Battery University writes that Most users do not remove the AC power and this practice is safe but of course this goes against the Partial charge better than a full charge guidance rule keeping the laptop connected to the AC grid would keep the battery always at charge Besides Battery University points out that quot charging stops when the Li-ion battery is full quot and that it is not necessary to remove the battery when it is full because the charger turns off does this also apply only when the machine is turned off or also when I am using it To sum up in my case the battery is useful in Satellite L50-A-161 power management case of AC power blackout and against power surges With the necessity of working all day I cannot rely only on the battery it lasts just about hour and a half What would you suggest me to do Is it safe for the battery to keep the laptop always connected to the AC grid

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91214-Satellite-L50-A-161-power-management
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi, I am unable to put my laptop, (HP Pavilion zx5060) into standby mode. It is no longer an option in my power management schemes. Anybody know how to reinstall it? I have been updated to winxp sp2.

A:No standby in power management

is it enabled in the bios

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-standby-in-power-management.309804/
Relevancy 49.88%

My PC keeps restarting the bios load screen when i have power management turned off in the bios, almost like its restarting but never makes it to windows booting.
As long as I leave Power Mgmt on in the bios the PC boots fine.
MB--AOPEN AK77 PRO ..bios is up to date
XP pro sp2
1gig
amd 1600

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thankyou

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-management-issues.402557/
Relevancy 49.88%

My laptop's LAN card is bad so I got a dongle, the problem is that when I plug the dongle in the USB port Power Management activates (checks) "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". This means that the dongle gets turned off causing a fault if not active for a period of time if I forget to change the setting. Is there a way to completely disable the setting?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/73577-usb-power-management-changes-state.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I posted this in Networking but I m not sure if I needed to post it here instead so I m trying to find a good remote power management Management? Remote Power doo-hickey for our five or so servers at our co-lo Well I m trying to find a basic one actually I need one that I can work with over our LAN and that can shut off and return power to each machine individually That s pretty much it The co-lo has constant Remote Power Management? power so I don t need anything that has anything to do with a UPS I also don t need anything that monitors everything there is to know about the power going here and there I don t need alert beeps and emails Hell I don t even need alerts When one of my users here tells the server over there to shut down instead of reboot I just need to be able to sit in my chair cut the power and bring it back on So if anyone knows of any sort of thingy-mahoo like this that they ve used seen or read about please PLEASE let me know nbsp

A:Remote Power Management?

Closing duplicate, please don't double post........

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=100922

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remote-power-management.101011/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have Sager np that used to have Vista but reformatted and installed XP pro SP and upgraded to SP Everything works fine except for one problem When I change most settings in Power Options Properties Desktop Properties Screen Saver tab Power button my laptop freezes randomly soon after or during boot in regular boot and in any safe mode To define quot most settings quot in Power Schemes tab - all and any change other than quot Never quot in quot Turn off monitor quot quot Turn off hard disks quot and quot System Standby quot for Properties SP3 Options Freeze, Power Windows Pro Causes Complete XP both quot Plugged in quot and quot Running on batteries quot will Power Options Properties Causes Complete Freeze, Windows XP Pro SP3 do it in Alarms tab - Setting any action other than quot No action quot for both seems to do it in Advanced tab - Setting anything other than quot Do nothing quot on both either quot When I close the lid of my portable computer quot and quot When I press the sleep button on computer quot will do it in Hibernate tab - Enabling hibernation will do it As long as all settings are set to do basically nothing my laptop is freeze-free but I want to use these settings If anyone has any ideas for fixing this issue PLEASE HELP -Fooddha

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/215689/power-options-properties-causes-complete-freeze-windows-xp-pro-sp3/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have Sager np that used to have Vista but reformatted and installed XP Properties XP SP3 Freeze, Power Windows Options Pro Complete Causes pro SP and upgraded to SP Everything works fine except for one problem When I change most settings in Power Options Properties Desktop Properties Screen Saver tab Power button my laptop freezes randomly soon after or during boot in regular boot and in any safe mode Power Options Properties Causes Complete Freeze, Windows XP Pro SP3 To define quot most settings quot in Power Schemes tab - all and any change other than quot Never quot in quot Turn off monitor quot quot Turn off hard disks quot and quot System Standby quot for both quot Plugged in quot and quot Running on batteries quot will do it in Alarms tab - Setting any action other than quot No action quot for both seems to do it in Advanced tab - Setting anything other than quot Do nothing quot on both either quot When I close the lid of my portable computer quot and quot When I press the sleep button on computer quot will do it in Hibernate tab - Enabling hibernation will do it As long as all settings are set to do basically nothing my laptop is freeze-free but I want to use these settings If anyone has any ideas for fixing this issue PLEASE HELP -Fooddha nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

What I am trying to do is find or create a script or batch file that changes the quot When I script change option How regedit or a to properties power through press the power button on my computer quot option - to always be set to Shut down - this is under the Power Options Properties Advanced tab What we are looking to do is push out this to several laptops to ensure when How to change power option properties through a script or regedit the power How to change power option properties through a script or regedit button is pushed it shuts down and does not go into standby My question is does anyone know of a script or registry edit that I can do to accomplish this as the company is running Server which does not offer a group policy setting or template and powercfg does not have this option I ve read that I can use a program like regshot to look for the changes in the registry but it appears that the system when changing between quot standby quot and quot shutdown quot changes some binary and hexidecimal settings all of which I would like to try to avoid editing if possible Any help would be appreciated Thank you for your time nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-change-power-option-properties-through-a-script-or-regedit.937831/
Relevancy 49.45%

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Sal/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/Sal/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/Sal/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/Sal/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.jpg[/IMG]hey im having a major issue that i know someone can fix!!

Please help!!

i just need to get into the properties tab that is grayed out. here is a screen shot.
what can i do to get access to this??

A:Cant get into wireless properties tab!! Please help!!

i still cant figure this out. i dont know if its something to do with administrator or what. i am the only person that uses this computer so i really dont know what else to do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/10911-cant-get-into-wireless-properties-tab-please-help.html
Relevancy 49.45%

System Update tells me that I have to install a essential power management driver on my T460s. After installing the driver I run system update again and the message is the same: I've to install the power management driver. It's clear that the driver is nog installed. Does anybody has the same porblem and knows the solution?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T460s-power-management-driver/td-p/3463793
Relevancy 49.45%

In trying to modify my Power Management Scheme in the Display Properties menus on my trusty old XP SP3 system, I couldn't get changes to stick or a newly-named scheme to get added to the dropdown list.

However, I did manage to delete the default Desktop scheme itself and now I have NO power management scheme at all!

How do I restore my power management capability and get it to accept modifications in timing to shut down the display?

By the way, the system does seem to shut down the display after some inactivity but I can't see the timing any more.

A:Lost Power Management Scheme

I find a boatload of possible fixes/workarounds depending on circumstance.

Many report this issue after installing Service Pack 3.

Things to try:
>Disable Hibernation
>Set power management settings in Safe Mode, then reboot.
>Update Video Drivers--especially among those using OEM versions of ATI and nVidia cards like Dell users. Same with Intel onboard graphics drivers
>Disable Java's QuickStarter program--add on and in msconfig.

Others who use Uninterruptible Power Supplies report conflicts between that UPS driver and Windows power management.

More?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-power-management-scheme.887966/
Relevancy 49.45%

Recently my laptop has developed a wierd problem out of nowhere. I think its a problem with the power management profiles or something. I can boot my laptop with the power cord plugged in and its fine. I can then pull out the power cord and its still fine. It switches back to battery power quick and easily. Heres the problem: When I plug the power cord back in now the screen goes black and instead of popping back up on "plugged-in" power, the screen just stays black and I have to restart it. This has never happened before and I'm not sure why it is doing this out of the blue. Thanks for any help.

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi. I am trying to access the advanced power management options. I click on contorl panel, power options, change plan settings. Then, when i click on change advanced power settings, nothing happens. the border of the window flashes once, but no new window opens, and I can't access the advanced power managament screen. Anyone have this prob? Running Vista Business x32 on acer travelmate2410. Any ideas? Am I missing a driver? Mike

A:problem advanced power management

Hello MBlackburn, and welcome to Vista Forums.

You might run a sfc /scannow command to see if it can find and fix any bad system files that may be causing this.

System Files - SFC Command

If this does not help, then you try a System Restore using a restore point dated before you had this problem.

System Restore - How to

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/180415-problem-advanced-power-management.html