Windows Support Forum

PC build doesn't power on

Q: PC build doesn't power on

Hi guys I ve spent today building a pc for myself However on pressing the on button there s no reaction at all My machine specs are M B - Gigabyte GA- A-UD Processor - AMD RAM - Corsair Gb DDR Case - Zalman Z Graphics card - Gigabyte HD PSU - Corsair CX M W Wi-fi card also installed but can t remember the name and seem to have temporarily lost the box in a pile of packaging So far I ve checked the CPU and motherboard power sockets the wall plug sockets and the power cord to my PSU I ve also checked the connections between my case and the motherboard and these all appear to be correct on power build PC doesn't As part of this final point I switched the power on LED with the power button they both originate from the same location so thought they may be mixed up Anyhows I got a solid LED which suggests to me that a there s power running through the switch circuit and b the pc isn t booting when told to as a PC build doesn't power on solid LED would indicate PC build doesn't power on circuit completion which would be the equivalent of holding in the on button If anybody could shed any light on where to go next I d be eternally grateful currently searching the house for a paperclip to test the PSU nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: PC build doesn't power on

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: PC build doesn't power on

Does the CPU and case fans move at all, when pressing the power button?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-build-doesnt-power-on.198098/
Relevancy 65.36%

I ve been asked to help Solved: on video doesn't power-up produce New home-build a friend s son get his newly built machine running I haven t seen the machine yet but the problem seems to be that the machine isn t sending any video signal to the monitor I have no experience with putting a machine together So I asked him some basic questions about the components he used to build Solved: New home-build doesn't produce video on power-up the machine and a little more info on the symptoms of the problem The following is the information I got back I asked him what he based is component selections on and what he chose - - I researched and selected the parts by hand as well as with advice from others My cpu is an Intel I - k That s cooled by a corsair h i water cooler My gpu is an Asus I ve got sticks of corsair ram at gb a piece My motherboard is an Asus ROG maximus VI gene Other than that it s pretty standard with an optical drive a tb hard drive And a gb ssd In response to my questions regarding what symptoms he is getting - - When I boot it up certain fans spin including the power supply the gpu and a few to cool the case but some in the case don t spin The motherboard lights up but doesn t beep The monitor is brand new and displays a blue screen when inactive it just doesn t recognize that anything is connected to it I have no experience in selecting compatible decent quality components I d be interested in any opinions regarding whether the selections he made are well chosen He didn t provide me with any information regarding what he has for the case and power supply Also any suggestions regarding what to look for in diagnosing this would be much appreciated I won t be able to look at the machine until the end of next week In the mean time I m going to read through the relevant sticky posts in this forum and try to get a little up to speed nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

I have an ASUS notebook running windows 7 64-bit. I am using the QuietOffice power profile, however the screensaver won't kick in no matter what I do, and the display does not turn off even though I set it to be after 5-minutes of inactivity. I don't know if there is something running in the background... I have turned off my usb wireless mouse, and nothing....

Any ideas?

THanks.

A:HELP: power option doesn't work - screen saver doesn't start!

This is another case of factory bloatware interfering - in this case a useless factory utility overriding Win7's superior built-in version.

Googling the Quiet Office feature of Asus there are multiple reported problems. Best to default to the Win7 built-in Power Options in Control Panel. Set up a Balanced Plan unless you're a gamer then use High Performance.

Here are other tips for cleaning up factory bloatware

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/144080-help-power-option-doesnt-work-screen-saver-doesnt-start.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, since the power of my Y3P with display at max birghtness does not hold very long it would like to build a powerbank for it. Since the Power Adapter is 20V 2A I wonder if I could put 4 x 5V (2A) Power Banks in serial and have 20V and enough amps to fuel the Y3P. I also ordered a cable with the right plug to connect to the Y3P. However it has 3 wires inside. When mesuaring with a meter one is ground and two deliver about 5V. How could that be? How would you wire it to power the Y3P. Does anyone has any idea?PS: I know this is gonna wipe warranty. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Build-a-power-pack-with-4-5V-Power-Banks-f%C3%BCr-Yoga-3-Pro/td-p/3445652
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello everyone - I have just assembled a new build It will not power up I need a suggestion to figure out if the problem is the case or the motherboard This is a mini-itx build power-up: power New or Build MB? no supply case's The case is New Build no power-up: case's power supply or MB? Linkworld LC - B This case comes with a volt watt external laptop-style power supply that plugs into the rear of the case just like New Build no power-up: case's power supply or MB? a laptop power supply plugs into a laptop - a barrel connector Inside this power connection connects to a power supply component that is not like a regular ATX power supply but is on a printed-circuit board New Build no power-up: case's power supply or MB? mounted on the case This has several capacitors and other stuff From that comes the -pin and -pin power supply lines for the motherboard I assume the -volt power supply for this external power supply unit is right since it came with the case It was watt The processor is an IBM t with TDP of watts Lower-powered CPUs can be put in a small so I assumed the power supply might be under-powered I ordered a -watt volt power supply with the right size barrel - and same polarity pos inside The MB is an ASRock H MV-ITX It is mini-itx form factor Still same problem Everything is connected correctly When I press the power-on button an external CD drive I have plugged-in spins up for a while But no power light comes on in the front of the case there are no POST beeps the fan for the CPU does not spin up No other signs of life So power is getting into the MB - the external CD drive is plugged into a USB socket in the rear panel of the MB After trying a watt and watt power supply I believe the problem cannot be the power supply cord Can it be that I have too little load I don t think so I plugged in another mm fan and an ol-fashion floppy drive just the power connection to add more load - same thing no power-up no POST nothing but the CD drive will spin up when I open-then-close it yet again So here is the help I need what else can I try -assuming the MB and case are fine is it more likely the case power supply is bad or the MB --Thanks nbsp

A:New Build no power-up: case's power supply or MB?

Well, I figured out the problem.
I am planning to re-do the older mini-itx system I have; it has gotten riddled with Trojan software for kids downloading games; it basically has been de-commissioned already.

So, I took the pico-psu power supply from that older computer, and hooked it up to the one I am making. Everything went perfectly.

So, I un-did that, removed the MB from case, disconnected the barrel-power connection from the case, unscrewed and removed the power supply that had been mounted in the case, put the pico-psu power supply back in place (I had to drill the hole for the barrel-connection out to be a little bigger since the pico-psu internal/external connection is threaded and held in place by nut with lock washer), and routed wires to be clear of cpu fan, screwed MB to stand-offs, and closed it all up.

now, everything is great. I like this linkworld case, but the power supply is worthless. I may try to get a few dollars back from the ebay vendor, to make me happy with a case that is less than what I should have gotten, but is working for me; I don't want to wait on returns, etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-no-power-up-cases-power-supply-or-mb.206259/
Relevancy 50.31%

Toshiba Satellite A25-S2792 w/ XP & P4 has greenpower chord is lit and yellow battery light is flashing when power chord is plugged in. After I press the power button, the power chord light changes to yellow, begins flashing and the battery light goes out. Removing the battery gives the same results. Pressing and holding power button down for 20 seconds w/ battery out yields same result as well. Suggestions?

A:A25-S2792 doesn't power up yellow light flashes after pressing power button

The motherboard is bad. Have you tried reseating the memory?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a25-s2792-doesnt-power-up-yellow-light-flashes-after-pressing-power-button.158750/
Relevancy 50.31%

The system's fan was very loud so I put in a new power supply and then everything booted up fine. Unfortunately, that didn't solve the problem. It was the Motherboard fan making all the noise.

So, I put the old power supply back in and now the system doesn't power up at all. I checked all connections & I replaced the power cord and tried a different electrical outlet.

I even put the new P/S back in and nothing changed. It still doesn't power up. It's dead!

Any suggestions?

A:My Dell Dimension 4550 won't power up. New P/S, power cord, etc. doesn't help.?

gbsdirect said:

It was the Motherboard fan making all the noiseClick to expand...

Do you mean the CPU fan ?
If so then I wonder if the CPU has been cooked

I would start by dispersing all internal voltage.
Detach the power cord
Press the power button in for 20 seconds
Re=attach the power cord
Try again

If it didn't fix then remove all addons, usb devices really anything attached (except screen and keyboard and power cord)
And try again

If it didn't fix then, confirm all internal connections are secure (even detach the dvd drive{s}

If it didn't fix then try disconnecting all fans (what !) for about 10 secs (turning on) I once had a fan of all things, that stopped my computer from turning on (unbelievable, I know)

Lastly, check the CPU for heat damage !

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dell-dimension-4550-wont-power-up-new-p-s-power-cord-etc-doesnt-help.96398/
Relevancy 49.45%

Everything turns on, fans and everything. It's a completely new build. No input detected from a Samsung monitor.

I've swapped ram sticks to see if one of them is dead
I've reseated the video card

Don't know what to do.

Gonna pop my 4870 X2 into the computer to see if the video card is DOA. If not, the motherboard?

A:New Computer Build: Monitor doesn't turn on / Monitor doesn't initalize

your vga could be causing the issue, but that's only if you dont have onboard video as well.

Next time you post with a problem, make sure you give us detailed specs of your rig, when you dont its like saying "Hey, I have a red car, and it wont start."

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-computer-build-monitor-doesnt-turn-on-monitor-doesnt-initalize.134090/
Relevancy 46.87%

This is a new build I put together about a day ago updated system specs and I can't get Windows Ultimate x to install During the install right PC want New Windows 7 install Build, doesn't to after the first 'restart computer' prompt it would restart and then just freeze at 'Starting Windows' with the shining windows logo I've tried a lot of different things and I've even gotten to the point where I take the disc out before it does the first restart and that seems to work and brings me all the way to the desktop yet I can't get the Aero New PC Build, Windows 7 doesn't want to install appearance it's on the Win starter-type theme If I restart I can't get back in either it freezes at 'Starting Windows' again or goes straight to startup repair which tells me there is an issue with the hard drive The hard drive is new worst case scenario I could send it back I received it yesterday newegg has a great -day RMA period But I would prefer to fix the problem if possible Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:New PC Build, Windows 7 doesn't want to install

ToiletNinja (great name),
With the cost of ssd's down to very reasonable levels for 128gbs, you could invest in a nice Samsung Pro or Crucial M4 and give that a go. Then you can sort out the WD black drive with free tools available from WD's site and if failing then RMA.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/296452-new-pc-build-windows-7-doesnt-want-install.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hey guys, I currently have Windows 7 Ultimate (RC Build 7057), and was thinking of replacing it with 7600. I don't have the option to back up my files, and was just wondering.. is the jump from 7057 to 7600 worth the loss of data? What features does 7600 have that 7057 does not? Any answers would be appreciated. Thanks

A:What does build 7600 have that 7057 doesn't?

I am surprised 7057 is still running, I thought that had an expired date.

Have you looked at the Windows Easy Transfer Tutorial ?

Windows Easy Transfer - Transfer To & From Computers

7600 is what will be released to the General Public on Oct 22nd.

This is the Final Real Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/27904-what-does-build-7600-have-7057-doesnt.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I'm running Insiders Preview build 10565 under a VM. When I run WU there is no new build 10576 Preview listed. I even reset Windows and I still can't get the new preview when I run WU. I am on the Fast Path and it's enabled. Any ideas on 'forcing' the new preview to my VM?

A:WU doesn't show build 10576

Same here, except I'm running 565 from HD. After "Check for Updates" kept replying that my system was up to date, I ran
"wuauclt /updatenow" from an Admin command prompt several times and Windows Update never starts.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/28239-wu-doesnt-show-build-10576-a.html
Relevancy 46.44%

1. Sfc /scannow does not work...........Windows Resource protection could not start the repair service.

2. Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth works.

3. Safe mode does not work. Once got to safe mode, the screen kept refreshing/blinking and unable to do anything.

4. Microsoft Translator works.

A:Build 14291. What works and what doesn't on my install.

Have you looked inside the BT and or WS folder(s) for the Sources\setup.exe file? You can actually start the 10 installer for an on the spot upgrade to repair from inside 10. Been looking at possible ways to make up bootable iso images from the contents found there to see if that type of project can work.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/44552-build-14291-what-works-what-doesnt-my-install.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Basically just what the title states I purchased a Gigabyte Sumo Y and finished completing the build Only issue is the only way I was able to plugged Fan/LED into cable build doesn't PSU with New launch boot it up the first time was by unplugging the plug which connected the case fans and LED I believe to the PSU There are case fans Front top back and side and Fan Headers on the Motherboard As a note before I start all the other components are working The PC booted GPU is going good CPU and it s fan are good as is the power supply fan I New build doesn't launch with Fan/LED cable plugged into PSU m no expert at doing this as it is the first build I have ever done I m not sure what to connect to what and all the manuals and googling have shown up with nothing After unplugging everything I initially did that I thought would work the fans the only things left in the desktop hanging loose are a single Male Female Molex power cable It has male on one side and female on the other near where all the Power reset fan speed buttons come from There is also another male female Molex power cable hanging off the side panel of the desktop which includes a fan and LED light One more cable hangs off the side panel which seems to be an LED plug but it seems that it is only for extensions for lighting The cables I have left are cables which each have on them a -segment power plug four female Molex power cables and a -socketed plug which I believe to be a Fan Header The other cables which I have left and I found odd are the two cables I got with my graphics card There are two of these cables and each of them have an -segment power plug and two male molex power cables which only have prongs in them despite having room for a fourth So with all that would somebody be able to help What should the setup be for the cables I have Is there a reason why it wouldn t boot with that power cable plugged in Sorry if I overdid it but just trying to give the most information possible Thanks in advance nbsp

A:New build doesn't launch with Fan/LED cable plugged into PSU

1. Welcome to Tech Support Guy
2. It is impossible to advise you until we know the make of motherboard and its full model
and the make of PSU and its full model
3. Re this
Is there a reason why it wouldn't boot with that power cable plugged in?

presuming you refer to the case fans and led, my guess is that you have a wrong connection possibly live to ground
You say there are four case fans and three fan headers on the motherboard
I would suspect that one of those fan headers on the board is for the CPU fan

I tried to get a hit on gigabyte Sumo Y at the gigabyte site but cannot do so - to get spec
As to the rest of your post I appreciate that you have done your best to describe the connections available and the connections from the PSU, but it is as I said impossible to advise on those details

The cables with the graphics card are provided to cover the connection for graphics power when the PSU does not provide two 8 pin graphics power leads
The reason the molex only had three pins is because the fourth pin on a molex is 5v and tat is not required for graphics power
see here for further info
http://www.playtool.com/pages/psuconnectors/connectors.html#pciexpress8

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-build-doesnt-launch-with-fan-led-cable-plugged-into-psu.1162758/
Relevancy 46.44%

You have to reinstall from the chrome website, thereby getting the latest Chrome version. You will keep your Bookmarks automatically.

A:Build 14251 - Chrome doesn't work

After totally uninstalling Google Chrome including all registry entries and folder containers in normal and hidden folders, and the reinstalling Chrome, Google Chrome does not open. There is an exception in the event viewer, the contents of which means the following:
Computers have limits, they cannot divide a number by zero, nor read memory that isnt there, (and lots of other things).

They use a generic mechanism called Exceptions, to signal the software that it cannot do the operation it was requested to do, and some information as to why not.

Straight out of section 3.1.9, table 3-2 of Intel Processor Instruction Manual
0 #DE—Divide Error DIV and IDIV instructions.
13 #GP—General Protection Any memory reference andother protection checks.

Peruse this excerpt from the IA-32 Intel? Architecture Software Developer's Manual, Volume 3: System Programming Guide (bear with me, it gets better)

Quote:

Exceptions are classified as faults, traps, or aborts depending on the way they are reported and whether the instruction that caused the exception can be restarted with no loss of program or task continuity.

Faults A fault is an exception that can generally be corrected and that, once corrected, allows the program to be restarted with no loss of continuity. When a fault is reported, the processor restores the machine state to the state prior to the beginning of execution of the faulting instruction. The return address (saved contents of the CS and EIP registers) for the fault handler points to the faulting instruction, rather than the instruction following the faulting instruction.

Traps A trap is an exception that is reported immediately following the execution of the trapping instruction. Traps allow execution of a program or task to be continued without loss of program continuity. The return address for the trap handler points to the instruction to be executed after the trapping instruction.

Aborts An abort is an exception that does not always report the precise location of the instruction causing the exception and does not allow restart of the program or task that caused the exception. Aborts are used to report severe errors, such as hardware errors and inconsistent or illegal values in system tables.

a #GP is a general protection fault. That means the program tried to access memory that is 'protected', it could not, and as you read above is handed to the fault handler.

Now.. If you've been in the game since Win98, you may have seen a GP_FAULT once or twice. Same thing, only now in NT/XP we get DrWatson complaing about an ACCESS_VIOLATION. This begs the question, what did it try to access that was a violation of normal runtime?

The operating system knows that programmers make mistakes, and make a special DMZ/No mans land at address 00000000 through address 0000FFFF, so that programs who try to reference NULL (a C programming way of saying Zero or Empty) will fail, rather than corrupt themselves and die horribly after corrupting your data.

Prove it, you say?? Can do.. i fire up my trusty debugger and examine this memory

Code:

0:000> !vadump ***Note this command inspects the memory properties
BaseAddress: 00000000
RegionSize: 00010000
State: 00010000 MEM_FREE
Protect: 00000001 PAGE_NOACCESS

BaseAddress: 00010000
RegionSize: 00001000
State: 00001000 MEM_COMMIT
Protect: 00000004 PAGE_READWRITE
Type: 00020000 MEM_PRIVATE

***Here is no mans land***
0:000> dc 00000000 ***Note this command displays the contents of memory
00000000 ???????? ???????? ???????? ???????? ????????????????
00000010 ???????? ???????? ???????? ???????? ????????????????
00000020 ???????? ???????? ???????? ???????? ????????????????
00000030 ???????? ???????? ???????? ???????? ????????????????
00000040 ???????? ???????? ???????? ???????? ????????????????

****as you can... Read more

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/38929-build-14251-chrome-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Everything was working great, before, but when i turned on my computer yesterday morning, It did not want to connect. It kept saying that it was my router when i tried to diagnose it, but i know its not b.c i can still play on xbox live and it works when i run windows xp. I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall the drivers but no luck.
Here are my system specs:
Samsung SincMaster 2253LW
Windows 7 x64 7068+Windows xp pro sp3 x32
Antec 1200
Gigabyte GA-Ep45C-DS3R
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 w/xigmatec hdt-s1283 at 3.6ghz
Patriot 6gb ddr2-800 @ 975mhz
Nvidia GeForce GTX 280
ThermalTake true power 600w|Seagate 320gb
Logitech vx revolution
Apple alumnium keyboard

A:Internet doesn't work With Build 7068 x64

anybody, i am thinking of going back to vista

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/8473-internet-doesnt-work-build-7068-x64.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi guys Have started building a new computer I am having problems getting it to boot up at all and the evidence would suggest that this is either a PSU or MOBO issue The PSU provides more than enough all on PC build won't New at power Volts for the MOBO so there is no issue of underpowering here I have used the paper clip test for the PSU and I was able to get the fan to turn doing so The processor is inside the MOBO along with the heatsink and the CPU FAN cable which has been connected to the CPU FAN male connector I have verified that the PSU is connnected that the mains power supply is ok checked it with a lamp working fine and also that all the various connectors such as the ATX headed cable is inserted properly as is the cable I have visually and manually verified that they are all inserted fully and without any gap This is now the second motherboard I New PC build won't power on at all have used I purchased the mobo online from a reputable seller who tested the old one and then sent me a replacement However the same issue has reared its head once again It is also worth noting that I have assembled the computer in a house where there was no carpets or rugs There is wooden flooring and ceramic tiles everywhere I have touched the components only New PC build won't power on at all after grounding myself I am at a loss here guys is it the MOBO or the PSU hour ago - days left to answer Additional Details Do I need to insert speakers for the beeps Don t have any I use headphones Would that work I do not have the video card hard drives or ram inserted or a monitor It is just the PSU MOBO and the Processor Given that the components are NOT within the chassis at present I can safely rule out a short in the circuit In short I am uncertain and unequipped to verify whether it is the PSU or MOBO Please help Given that previously I assembled the entire machine including the video card ram etc installed with absolutely no response I thought it would be better to start from the beginning work my way up and verify that each part was working before moving on nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

With encouragement from a friend who works alot with computers I decided to build my own computer this past week as I wanted a desktop but didn t want to spend much money So I bought ATX ILG- PSU MSi H M-E Motherboard MSi R MD H Video Card i - LGA Sandy Bridge CPU and of course a case a had drive and a DVD drive So I put this thing together today Following the motherboard s manual I was pleasently suprised to see that it was very easy to put together Then I tried powering it up and nothing happened I figured it was a DOA power supply so I bought another one Tried powering this one up and nothing happened I do however hear a high-pitched staticy sounding noise coming from the PSU when it s on so I imagine that New build power? - no s the sound it makes when in V standby mode But yeah nothings happening The front panel LED light doesn t even turn on I ve followed the wires New build - no power? to the front of the case and I ve triple checked with the manual to make sure they are oriented correctly in the JFP socket I ve triple-checked to make sure the PSU is securely in both the -pin and the -pin sockets New build - no power? on the motherboard along with being hooked up to the DVD and hard drives So I don t know Is it most likely the motherboard then In my novice stupidity did I somehow accidently introduce it to static electricity and kill it Does static electricity really do that so easily I dunno Boo nbsp

A:New build - no power?

This sounds suspiciously like a dead motherboard. But the noise from the PSU it not something I have heard before.

Strip the PC back to the bare minimum of components so all you have connected is the mobo, PSU, monitor (use the onboard graphics if it has any) and the on/off reset switch. Remove the RAM, hard drive, CD drive/s, keyboard speakers etc. This should give you the POST screen when you switch it on. If it does not do that then the mobo or CPU is faulty. I would then return both of them for replacement.

It is possible that you have accidentally caused some damage from static, you should always earth yourself when touching anything inside a PC and the wearing or a wrist strap attached to an earth point is highly recommended, they are not expensive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-no-power.164812/
Relevancy 45.58%

I boot no power New first build just built my new pc and it wont power up no mobo light the fan on the PSU wont turn no anything I am baffled i think its the PSU I have checked for lose cords and even tried another New build first boot no power power switch New build first boot no power from my friends case that i know works I think my PSU came trashed but the box was ok thanks Specs MoBo ASRock H M B LGA Intel H HDMI SATA Gb s USB Micro ATX Intel Motherboard PSU Antec NEO ECO C W Continuous Power ATX New build first boot no power V v EPS V PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply RAM G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR GPU XFX HD- X-ZNFC Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x CPU Intel Core i - Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W HDD Seagate Momentus XT ST AS GB RPM quot SATA Gb s with NCQ Solid State Hybrid Drive Case COOLER MASTER HAF RC- -KKN Black SECC I also tried booting it with just one stick of RAM the PSU and MoBo Nothing still nbsp

A:New build first boot no power

Check that your system isn't being shorted out by any of the motherboard mounting screws. Try testing outside of the case if in doubt. Other than that it sounds like you could have a DOA component.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-first-boot-no-power.169887/
Relevancy 45.58%

Motherboard: DP35DP
Power: Neopower 650
Case: Antec P182

The pushbutton power switch must be pressed in twice to get the unit to power on.

Calling Antec they say to a) update bios or b) try another power supply or c) change the motherboard.

All of which seems extreme, with everything else ready to go now. I was thinking the "2 step switch" was a safety feature so the unit could not be accidentally turned on but no such luck.

What is the likely problem?

A:new build - power up problem

Re-check all your power and switch connections to the motherboard, unplug then replug them a few times.

If no joy, time to start suspecting a bad case switch, mobo, power supply.

Bios has nothing to do with it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-build-power-up-problem.777763/
Relevancy 45.58%

I recently built a gaming computer with the following specs i K OCed to GHz No voltage change Corsair TX power supply ASUS P P Motherboard ASUS GTX Direct CU no over clock just left it at MHz G SKILLS Ripjaw X GB x GB kit MHz - - - V WD Caviar Black RPM GB SATA mb Cache HAF Case Problem The first time I booted my computer everything was fine But when I tried to turn it on the next day after a full shut down it wouldn t turn on with the power button unless I unplug it from the wall socket first After starting my PC would then take me to a screen that says quot Keyboard and Mouse detected press enter to restore your BIOS or Press F to enter settings quot upon pressing build issue power New F it would take me to the normal UEFI interface except all my previous settings are reset to the default values boot order CPU multiplier etc I checked the voltages on my graphics card memory and CPU everything looked ok Motherboard standoffs are installed correctly and so is the I O shield I ve also checked all of my connections they are all connected New build power issue properly I m pretty sure it s not the motherboard battery either since my system timer wasn t messed up so what s the problem I m so frustrated any help would New build power issue be greatly appreciated Edit all drivers are up to date BIOS flashed to most recent one No trouble waking New build power issue from sleep nbsp

A:New build power issue

Make sure the bios are set at defaults... I had a computer with this problem a while back. It was the motherboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-power-issue.169947/
Relevancy 45.58%

My new build wont power on all I hear is a few high pitch sounds coming from what I think is the psu.
My specs:

SSD 128GB SAMSUNG 850 Pro
1TB HDD (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

2TB HDD(from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

GPU = GTX 680 2GB (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago) MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G GeForce GTX 970 4GB 256-Bit on it's way in the mail.

Case is pretty old and doesnt have a lid but it was working fine with my pervious buid)

PSU = CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

Heatsink = Scythe Ashura Universal Processor Cooler

CPU = Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Refresh Quad-Core 4.0GHz

Motherboard = MSI Z97-Gaming 7 Intel Z97 Motherboard

Memory = CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory

Please help me

A:New build wont power on

Disconnect everything except the monitor, cpu, ram. In fact, go down to 1 stick of ram. Will it POST now?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-wont-power-on.206021/
Relevancy 45.58%

Here are my specs that i ordered from Newegg - - CASE Power with first PC issues build APEVIA ASP X-QBOII-NW-BK - - MB INTEL BOXDH GDB H LGA R - - VGA SAPPHIRE - L HD G R - - CPU INTEL CORE I G M R - - MEM Gx PNY MD KD - R - - CARD READ VANTEC UGT-CR R - - HD T HITACHI HDS C ALA - - DVD BRN ASUS DRW- B ST BLK B AS - - WIN HOME PREM SP BIT ENG PK - - WL ADPT ROSEWILL RNX-N PCI RTL Hooked it all up plugged in the power cord flipped main power switch on case the only thing that changed was a the LED on the mobo turned on No fans not even the PSU fan turned on I got on the psu site and read some FAQs and they said to use a paperclip to test the PSU one end in the green and Power issues with first PC build one end in the black adjacent still didn Power issues with first PC build t power up Any advice nbsp

A:Power issues with first PC build

That list was hard to read because it is in all capitals. Did your power supply come with your case?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-issues-with-first-pc-build.165038/
Relevancy 45.58%

The specs will be ASUS A N SLI or ABIT A N SLI abit if the board New Help For build!!! Power Supply ever comes out AMD pin x Ultras vid mem Power Supply Help For New build!!! in sli mode x mb gb Corsair XMS DDR Pc DDR Pc if compatable with Abit Mother Board x gb Western Digital HDDs in Raid x LiteOn CDR RW Combo DVD x LiteOn CDR RW DVDR RW x Floppy x UV Tube x LED Case Fans I was thinking this w http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId But i would like this one b c of the X-Connect Feature with UV Cables look so nice http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId My only concerne with the w it that i will not have enough power And i dont know what the quot Effencey quot of the Ultra Power Supplys are And i have seen on newegg com that the quot Effency quot can be as low a So of the power will be gone meaning you dont rilly have w or w So if any one can help me with this thanks in advance Thanks Da Bob nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Just finished putting together a PC. This is my first time, but I'm pretty confident I know what I'm doing.

Everything connected and I turn on the power button, and nothing.

My only thought is the power supply. The 24 pin connector is missing one of its pins. Is this normal? I took a pic so you can see what I mean. It's like the wire was never put through the hole if you know what I mean.
Thanks for the help.

Relevancy 45.58%

Hey everyone,

I built a new system (or rather am in the process) I just got my mobo (EVGA 680i T1). I took it outta it's box, installed the CPU (core2 duo) and heatstink/fan, and then connected the 24-pin and 8-pin power cables from it's awaiting powersupply (750w).

The standby light came on, then when I press the power button (the board power button) the CPU fan / power supply fan came on for a few seconds, then turned off and now it wont turn on at all, though the standby light remains on.

I already tried to reset the CMOS, I haven't tried pop'n out the battery which I read somewhere might fix it, though it seam unlikely. and I tested the power supply which seams to be running fine.

Anyone have any clue what might be going on, and please don't tell me my shiney new board is toast .

-Thanks,

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi all This question is in regards of what For new Supply? build Power wattage PSU I should use for this build I don t do lan gaming but I do like games I want to play Crysis Case Lian Li V B ThermalTake Armor CM Stacker T- Processor E Conroe Mobo Don t know yet Video Card Nvidia GTX or new release HD s or gig Seagates Sata Sound Card Creative Sound Blaster Audigy ZS Platinum Pro or Power Supply? For new build newer HSF Thermalright X - when released Floppy Card Reader Two DVD- Burners I will go to water cooling from Swiftech probably a year or so down the road My current system has a PC Power amp Cooling Turbo- Cooled ATX-PFC Deluxe and it has done me right My PC was on one night and I was sleeping a storm hit and I awoke to a burning smell that morning My PSU was fried but it didn t take any of the components with it That smell stayed in the house for three weeks I was personally thinking of a watt PSU but if I m off base here let me know I looked around at PC Power amp Cooling site and didn t see that size Open for advice thanks nbsp

A:Power Supply? For new build

You can get 1000watt psu's now, they arent hard to find, check thermaltake, silverstone, I know they have good ones. 850 would probably be minimal for that thing you're running.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-for-new-build.77117/
Relevancy 45.58%

I just built a new i3 SB machine with a gigabit board. It was working fine for 3 dys put win 7 on it, but now all of a sudden it just shuts off as soon as i press the power button.

I took the board out and looked at it and i powered it on outside the case but it still does it. Everything looks kosher to me.

A:New PC build turns off within a sec of power on

Could be a few issues, maybe the power button is getting stuck in and just powering down the machine.
Mobo or PSU might be defective.
What I would do is unplug all hardware and just use the bare minimum and see if it still powers down.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/154792-new-pc-build-turns-off-within-sec-power.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello,

Just in the process of building a gaming rig but having problems getting the computer to power up.

Details
mobo - gigabyte Z77-D3H
Processor - i5 3450
Memory - Kingston hyper x DDR3 1600mhz CL9
PSU - powercool x-viper 450W and generic 650w
case - Zalman Z5
Hard drive - Kingston hyper x 3k SSD 120gb

Info
- Tested powercool PSU using antec PSU tester - pass
- Changed over to generic 650w PSU with no power on button. plugged in and hit case power on button to make sure that i had all the connectors in correctly. PSU fans powered up but still nothing through the CPU, no fan, no post.
- removed motherboard from case (possible shorting issues??) again PSU powers up but nothing from the CPU or fan and no posting bleeps?
- added post test card but returns 00 no errors.

Help and comments appreciated.

A:new build - no power to CPU i5 3450

Check the 24 pin power connector to make sure its being fully inserted. Same way with CPU Power (8 pin).

You can get a false positive with a PSU tester as it does not test the power supply under load. You could have the correct voltages with no load but under load one or more voltages could fail.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/287977-new-build-no-power-cpu-i5-3450-a.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi everyone I built this computer about a week ago Asus P Z -V LX Socket Onboard graphics output Channel Audio ATX Intel Core i GHz Socket MB up New Solved: build power won't L Cache Corsair GB x GB DDR MHz XMS Memory Kit CL V unbuffered Seagate GB quot SATA-III Gb s Barracuda Hard Drive RPM MB Cache LiteOn iHAS - x DVD RW DL amp RAM SATA Optical Drive Coolermaster Elite Case With Coolermaster eXtreme Power W PSU PowerColor HD GB DDR DVI VGA HDMI PCI-E It was running great right up to today it could easily run Photoshop web browsing Flash Age of Empires almost max settings and didn t cause any problems Although I noticed a high pitched squeal coming from the GPU Solved: New build won't power up so I searched for solutions on Google I found that it could be a problem of the card not being placed properly so I plugged all the connections out moved it to somewhere with good light and reseated the GPU When I plugged everything back in it wouldn t turn on No fans no nothing But the light on the motherboard Solved: New build won't power up was on After a few attempts of turning the PSU on and off checking the front panel power connectors on the mobo etc it finally managed to start So while Windows was starting I decided to put the side of the case back on and while I was doing this the power was lost again It hasn t started since and I am really worried that there is something badly wrong after reseating the GPU Please help me fix this problem as I am only and was a lot of money to me and I don t want it wasted nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

I have an Abit KN8, AMD 3200 XP, Antec 400w Smart power, 1 Crucial 512 dimm, an ATI 300X PCIe video, a floopy drive, an ide hard drive and a usb mouse and keyboard. All parts are known to be good. As I turn on the power the LED on the board lights, the power supply fan-cpu fan and auxillary fan all spin for just about 2 seconds and stop. The power light in the case stays on. I have reset the CMOS and changed the battery, reset the power cord connection and reset memory dimm. I have rechecked all connections.

Does anyone have suggestions of things to try. Hate to take the board out to look for shorts.

Thanks

Rbuck

Relevancy 45.58%

ive just assembled it from scratch but it wont power up surely the PSU should at least power but wont up build, new power pc up when i switch it on buy no nothing happens for testing purposes new pc build, but wont power up i tried pluggin the old PSU into the wall as well but that doesnt even power on i wasnt aware that the PSU had to be connected to the pc hardware to work any ideas also when installing the processor it said to apply thermal grease but i dont have any is this a problem i assume it wouldnt have anything to do with the LED leads as the case i have which has the LED wired differs from the motherboard manual windows xp DABSVAL PSU - creative Inspire T Speakers OEM CRUCIAL GB dimm ddr SDRAM SUMSUNG GB RPM S MB harddrive GeForce GTS MB PCIE XT intel Core Duo E S ghz mb gigabyte S Intel P Express ATX motherboard - there s a cdin socket on the MB Which i could swear has something in it on my old asrock MB should there somethin in there also there s an pin lead which comes out of the PSU but the only place i can see where it fits is the graphics card is this correct heres are the links motherboard - http www dabs com productview asp amp PageMode amp NavigationKey PSU - http www dabs com productview asp Id amp PageMode amp NavigationKey harddrive - http www dabs com productview asp PageMode amp NavigationKey memory - http www dabs com ProductView aspx Quicklinx R L graphics card - http www dabs com ProductView asp gationKey amp InMerch processor - http www dabs com productview asp lectedId amp PageMode amp NavigationKey nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi i recently build a computer. these are all the parts.

Asus p8z68-v gen3 motherboard
Corairs 650 tx power supply
Gtx 560 ti superclocked graphic card
intel i5 2500k processor
8G of ram
cooler master 212 plus cpu fan
Windows 7 ultimate (64bit)

OK now on to my problem. Every time i shut of my computer and it lasts a few hours off, i need to flip the power supply switch on the back for a few seconds to be able to turn it back on. I don't know what is causing this. I don't know if it is a setting on the bios or something wrong with the power supply. It is not a big problem but it gets kind of annoying after a while. Any help would be appreciated. PLEASE!!

A:Power problems with first build

Try resetting the bios to defaults or try updating the ASUS bios

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-problems-with-first-build.177492/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi all, seasons greetings to you all.

Have just purchased an Elite K7S5A mo/bo and AMD Athlon XP1800+ CPU, along with a new case and memory module.

The problem I have is that although I am certain that I have followed the build instructions to the letter (this is my third self build compo) the computer will not power up.
I have installed two hard drives, CD and DVD, sound card and video card from my old (working) compo.
Does anybody know if there should be power at the 12V output from the PSU at all times, or only when the power switch is depressed? I am only getting about 0.5V, and nothing at the 5V output.

Anybody any ideas?

Cheers to all, thanks in anticipation

Keith

Relevancy 45.58%

I just built my system and the power doesn t stay on so here s my very first post The fans spin about once and the POST shows FF bootup for a half sec then everything goes dead I have to shut off the PSU to try again and the problem repeats I tried the PSU on an older MB and it worked but that may not mean much since the old MB doesn t use the pin power connector only the Unplugging everything but the CPU only comes for sec build, Brand new Power 1/2 on and memory didn t help I Brand new build, Power only comes on for 1/2 sec even tried it w o the memory I also tried it Brand new build, Power only comes on for 1/2 sec with an old PCI video card Same result I m thinking the MB is sensing a short I ll uninstall and do a careful visual check or a missing fan my case fans don t provide a sensor feedback to the CSYSFAN or CPWRFAN connections but my CPU fan uses the pin CPUFAN connector or maybe the MB thinks something s too hot obviously wrong Any other ideas specs AMD EP- NDA J x MB Kingston DDR All-In-Wonder AGP sound on MoBo W PSU DVD RW and Floppy Gregor nbsp

A:Brand new build, Power only comes on for 1/2 sec

Are motherboard stand-offs being used?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brand-new-build-power-only-comes-on-for-1-2-sec.25512/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi there Funny issue here on a Bug a Build - VM) doesn't taskbar show randomly Bottom 14316 (On VM on a Linux CENTOS Host with build On a Large K monitor running in Full screen mode - after a while the Bottom taskbar randomly fails to re-appear I need to sign out and then sign back in for the problem to go away re-boot not required I usually have taskbar set to Autohide This problem only occurs if I have the taskbar at the bottom of Build 14316 Bug - Bottom taskbar doesn't show randomly (On a VM) the screen -- doesn't occur if the taskbar is Build 14316 Bug - Bottom taskbar doesn't show randomly (On a VM) at the top sides or if I'm not in Full screen mode I had this problem way back with a very early build -- it went away but has reared its ugly head again Could be a VMware problem running Workstation version A colleague of mine running the same build of VMWARE workstation with the same Monitor but running it on a W HOST doesn't get the problem so it could be VMWARE I haven't updated the Linux HOS or VMware workstation for at least previous builds of Insider Cheers jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/46912-build-14316-bug-bottom-taskbar-doesnt-show-randomly-vm.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have finally managed to install build 7100 on a clean partition (installation took forever...).
Now that I have installed some software, it doesn't boot up completely anymore. It presents my desktop wallpaper and my single gadget and then stops. I can use the mouse, but I cannot open a RUN-window with windowskey+R.

- Any troubleshooting ideas?

I have disabled the login, so it should boot straight to the desktop. I can start in safe mode.
Installed Programs: Office 2007, Nero 9, AVAST!, Adobe Acrobat 9, KMPlayer, CoreAVC, DivX 7, DynDNS updater, ffdshow, haali mkv splitter, Irfan view, Take Command LE, Firefox, Thunderbird, UltraIso, RealVNC, Logitech Setpoint, OODefrag 11.5

- Any known incompatibilities?

A:build 7100 x64 doesn't boot anymore (presents wallpaper

Quote: Originally Posted by caid602

I have finally managed to install build 7100 on a clean partition (installation took forever...).
Now that I have installed some software, it doesn't boot up completely anymore. It presents my desktop wallpaper and my single gadget and then stops. I can use the mouse, but I cannot open a RUN-window with windowskey+R.

- Any troubleshooting ideas?

I have disabled the login, so it should boot straight to the desktop. I can start in safe mode.
Installed Programs: Office 2007, Nero 9, AVAST!, Adobe Acrobat 9, KMPlayer, CoreAVC, DivX 7, DynDNS updater, ffdshow, haali mkv splitter, Irfan view, Take Command LE, Firefox, Thunderbird, UltraIso, RealVNC, Logitech Setpoint, OODefrag 11.5

- Any known incompatibilities?

Hi Caid602 have you tried System Restore

I hope this helps

Pooch

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/8055-build-7100-x64-doesnt-boot-anymore-presents-wallpaper.html
Relevancy 45.58%
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello everyone I just built a desktop with brand new hardware all except the hard drive which is taken from my old system The hard drive has the OS from my old system which was working fine plus all of the data Now the hardware on the system BSOD doesn't While mode Safe work, Booting, new build seem to be working fine but it goes to BSOD on boot System specifications Windows Ultimate Edition bit Retail Original OS Asus P Z -v LX Zotac Geforce GTX Intel Core i- k Sandy Bridge gb ram Corsair W power supply Here is the boot process ASUS logo from P Z -V keyboard BSOD While Booting, Safe mode doesn't work, new build quot Starting Windows quot screen the colored BSOD While Booting, Safe mode doesn't work, new build dots move in the process of becoming the windows logo The dots freeze for about half a second BSOD STOP x B xFFFFF A E xFFFFFFFFC x x I've tried System Restore and Startup Repair Tool neither does a thing I've also tried to start the system with Safe Mode but the same BSOD happens Because I can't get into Windows there's no way for me to run any of the diagnostics tools Does anyone know of what the problem is and how I can fix it Been working on it the whole day and it's driving me crazy If there is any additional information I can provide please post Any help is appreciated thank you so much

A:BSOD While Booting, Safe mode doesn't work, new build

FIXED!!!

After messing for hours with the BIOS, I fixed the problem by switching SATA mode from AHCI to IDE mode.

Can someone explain to me how this made everything boot properly?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/184490-bsod-while-booting-safe-mode-doesnt-work-new-build.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Rebuilding from array of old parts. When old PC was taken apart all I needed was a new case, but I revamped alot and ended up with most everything needed for a new PC leftover. Rebuilt PC from the old parts. Couple of problems here. The new case has elevated areas where the standoffs for the motherboard should go. If standoffs are used the MB sets too high in the case. (Like its designed not to use standoffs. And there were no standoffs packaged to use.) So when all put together sans standoffs, No power. None period, no beeps or anything. The fan in the power supply dons't run either. Does this sound like a problem with grounding on the case or just a faulty power supply?

MB ASUS A7V8X-X
Power supply AVG 400 watt
Case Thermaltake Matrix

Relevancy 45.15%

I'm working on my first build and unfortunately I'm alone in doing it I've hit a Nothing has build. New fans except lights? and power wall Everything is hooked up and I finally flipped the switch and turned on the PC The fans and their lights came on the motherboard standby light came on the GPU fans turned on and the optical drive light came on but nothing works I plug in my mouse and keyboard but they do not appear to be receiving power My optical drive will not eject My monitor when unplugged from the GPU displays its typical quot auto-detect quot floating image which is normal When I plug the VGA cable into the GPU the monitor instantly goes to sleep and I can't wake it up I've checked and rechecked Everything appears to be in the correct slots Here are the Nothing has power except fans and lights? New build. PC specs Motherboard Asus M A R CPU AMD FX GPU EVGA GTX PSU Nothing has power except fans and lights? New build. EVGA Supernova NEX G RAM GB via two sticks in the appropriate slots I have no idea what else to do I have pictures though they are dark and I don't know how helpful they'll be

A:Nothing has power except fans and lights? New build.

Welcome to the forum. A daft one but this often happens is there any jumper on clear cmos pins I have know boards come with them set on normally you only put that jumper on for a second or so. Failing that disconnect hd,cd and any addon cards that are not needed with keyboard plugged and try then. If it still doesnt work try it out of the case often its a short when putting it in the case

http://www.pchelpforum.com/computer-diy/127753-nothing-has-power-except-fans-lights-new-build.html
Relevancy 45.15%

My new build wont power on all I hear is a few high pitch sounds coming from what I think is the psu My specs SSD GB SAMSUNG Pro TB HDD from previous build it was working fine days ago TB HDD from previous build it was working fine days ago GPU GTX GB from previous build it was working fine days ago MSI GTX GAMING G GeForce GTX GB -Bit on it's way newly wont build power My on in the mail Case is pretty old and doesnt have a lid but it was working fine with my pervious buid PSU CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX V W ATX My newly build wont power on V v EPS V v PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply My newly build wont power on from previous build it was working fine days ago Heatsink Scythe Ashura Universal Processor Cooler CPU Intel Core i - K Haswell Refresh Quad-Core GHz Motherboard MSI Z -Gaming Intel Z Motherboard Memory CORSAIR Vengeance GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory My newly build wont power on Please help me

A:My newly build wont power on

Here's a list to work on from member TVeblen:
Strip it down and then add components back, one at a time, to try and isolate the offending component.

The test (power off, power cord unplugged):

• Disconnect everything externally connected except the mouse and keyboard (printers, USB devices). If you are not using a wired mouse and keyboard see if you can borrow one.

• Disconnect the power and data cables from all the drives inside the computer (Hard drives, DVD/CD drives).

• Remove all the cards installed in the PCI slots including the video card.

• Remove all the RAM sticks (same rules as above).

Now connect the power cord and turn the PC on.

• The motherboard should start beeping. You should get a beep code that tells you there is no memory. This is good, it means the processor is functioning and the motherboard is good so far.

• Now add one stick of memory in Slot A1 and power on. More beeping: "no video card" beep code. This is good.

• Then add the video card and connect it to the monitor. You should get no beeping and you should see the BIOS screens, ending with the message that there is no boot device.

If you get no video then switch the one memory stick installed for another one and test.

Continue adding components one at a time.

If at any point the PC fails the the last component added was the problem one.

If you removed everything and there is only the Motherboard (with integrated video), processor, and power supply to contend with and it does not POST or show anything on the screen, then the problem is one of those three.

If you have tested by using another power supply then you are down to two. CPUs rarely fail, so motherboard is the most likely guess.

Try performing a CLRTC or Clear CMOS as a last ditch effort, and check the 3v battery. Both long shots, but what do you have to lose at this point.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/348896-my-newly-build-wont-power.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Just built a new PC, turned it on and there is power (all fans are working including GFX and CPU) but nothing at all appears on the screen and I get no beeps from mobo.

I have disconnected all components from the mobo apart from the CPU and main power connector and still get the same problem. Any suggestions or is my mobo screwed? Do I need to plug anything in to make sure I can hear mobo beeps?

Relevancy 45.15%

I have just finished putting together a new build with the following components:
ARIANET Triumph Black Midi Tower Case w/ 450W Power Supply

Intel Core i3-2100 3.10GHz (Sandybridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor

Corsair Value Select 4GB (1x4GB) DDR3 PC3-10666C9 1333MHz Module

Asus p8h61-m le/usb3 motherboard

Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB SATAII
When I plug it in and turn it on, the power light on the motherboard turns on and the cpu fan starts to move then immediately stops.

I have tried reseating all the connections, and I tried different memory from my main pc, but with no change in result.

Can anyone suggest what could be wrong or how I could test for problems?

Any help is appreciated.

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi all Originally i was going to build a new PC with a single GTX video card I choosing Power Need build a Supply new for help have since opted to build something a little different though I was just wondering what size power supply you guys would recommend to me for my new build The full specs are CPU AMD Phenom II x Black Edition Mobo Gigabyte GA-MA X-UD P RAM Corsair XMS x GB DDR - HDD Western Digital Caviar Black TB x for Raid Video Cards Asus ATI Radeon HD s in Crossfire Optical Drive Asus DRW- B LT Cooling the CPU will be Need help choosing a Power Supply for new build the Zalman NT and will all be housed in the Antec Nine Hundred Two gaming case I was originally planning for a watt Corsair Power Supply Unit for this system But i am beginning to wonder if that will actually be enough for the system What do you guys think Is it enough If not can you recommend me a good Power Supply Please dont say stuff like quot you should get an Intel CPU and a single better video card quot because i have already made my mind up on this system Thanks in Advance nbsp

A:Need help choosing a Power Supply for new build

The Corsair line of power supplies is excellent. If you are not comfortable with the 650 try the 750; what do you need from the 12v in amps/wattage for Crossfire? Will you be overclocking?

By the way, love the cpu and 4850's in Crossfire and those WD Blacks have a good reputation. Is your system minus the psu ready to be assembled?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-choosing-a-power-supply-for-new-build.146440/
Relevancy 45.15%

just obtained acrosshair iv formula motherboard with sempron 100 series processor and 3gig ddr3 1333/1066 non-ecc un-buffered memory question
do i need to get a ATX cpu or will my old 450 watts power pack be ok

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/new-build-help-required-power-supply-4604750/
Relevancy 45.15%

here s what I have SILVERSTONE SST-TJ B-X Tyan thunder mobo CORSAIR CMPSU- TX W power -- new wrong supply? build ATX V EPS V x AMD Opteron Barcelona GHz x KB L Cache MB L Cache Socket F W Quad-Core Server new build -- wrong power supply? Processor x CORSAIR ValueSelect GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC gb total ASUS EN GTS HTDP M GeForce GTS MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card I have the mobo in the case the chips heatsink one hd the ram the graphics card installed in the case When I turn the power switch on the fans all start spinning but they all spin with this pulsating rhythm and the case led display flashes with that rhythm as well On the mobo there are three power connectors that were supposed to go to my mobo a pin got it and pin got that too and a pin I have pin cables a pin jack on the mobo i plugged in the pin jack When I hit the power switch for the first time nothing happened when I removed the pin plug out of the pin jack the machine powered up but with that weird rhythm I described this is from the motherboard manual - Installing the Power Supply There are three power new build -- wrong power supply? connectors on your Thunder n M S -E The Thunder n M S -E requires that you have an EPS V power supply that has a -pin an -pin and a -pin power connectors NOTE Please be aware that ATX x ATX V and ATXGES COLOR blue important COLOR blue important power COLOR blue important supplies color color color may not be compatible with the board and can damage the motherboard and or CPU s Click to expand Also when I turn the new build -- wrong power supply? machine on with a monitor connected nothing happens I don t see any bios info I ve tried both the video card and the mobo monitor inputs I have a belkin switch attached I ll try removing that and having the monitor hooked up directly I think I have the RAM in correctly I looked in the manual there are ram slots and I have sticks I looked on newegg for a power supply that should work but wasn t sure has anyone run across this issue before thanks bp nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

Win XP
ASUS P5AD2 Premium Mobo
P4 LGA 775 560 3.6 gig 1mb cache 800 fsb
ATI PCI express 256mb X600 Pro video card
Plextor 716A DVD RW
Antec PSU 550 watt ATX12V w/front contol panel
Mitsumi 7 in1 card reader w/FDD
Seagate 120 gig HDD IDE internal

The machine powers up and I am able to get to the screen at which I push the DEL key to go to BIOS settings but the machine just powers down. The green mobo light remains on. I get a no signal on the monitor and the fans quit. I have checked all connections but can't put my finger on it. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi, Guys (And Gals) I'm attempting my 1st PC build and HAVE used the various online power supply calculators... however I'd like to hear some feedback from you all. No matter where I look online I always like to come here to be sure. My specs for the build are as follows:

MoBo: GIGABYTE GA-F2A68HM-H FM2+ USB 3.0 MATX
Amd A6 5400K 3600Mhz Blk Edt 1mb 65w Socket FM2

Video Card: XFX RADEON R7 240 2GB DDR3 LOW PROFILE
RAM: ADATA XPG V1 DDR3 1600 4GB

HDD: Seagate 1TB Serial ATA HD 7200/64MB/SATA-6G

I would really like to use one of the 350W or 400W power supply I stripped from my previous PC's. I'm thinking of hooking it to an HDMI or VGA projector eventually though (Haven't bought it yet) Can I get away with one of these and play a game like World of Warcraft? or do I need to order something like the
SolidGear 650W PS2 ATX Power Supply on Tiger Direct?

Thanks in advance for any advice & thoughts

A:1st Build Power Supply Question

Over engineer the PS;

Calculate the actual needed power,

add a fudge factor and

multiply by 1.5.
Then round up to the next commonly available size

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1st-build-power-supply-question.213326/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi all
build 7201 just shows Evaluation Copy Build 7201

No extra string like winmain ---- etc as per previous builds.

Is this OK -- the build Virus scanned OK so no nasties in it -- seems genuine from the Hash totals too.

Cheers
jimbo

A:7201 - watermark doesn't give build date time in strin

yes no build string as you say same all over...

its not winmain but from the IDS branch i beleive

paul

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/12330-7201-watermark-doesnt-give-build-date-time-strin.html
Relevancy 44.29%

So I m trying to build this PC Intel i Asus P TD Deluxe Diamond Radeon HD Corsair TX W When New video in, won't plugged power without EATX12v no build - it on with PC I plug in New PC build - won't power on with EATX12v plugged in, no video without it the pin EATX v connector the PC will not power on The power comes on just for a split second the fans twitch ever so slightly then it all goes off I ve tried plugging in all pins New PC build - won't power on with EATX12v plugged in, no video without it as well as just pins with the same result If I leave the pin EATX v completely unplugged the PC will power on However there is no video output to the monitor and the video card fan does not spin I ve tested the monitor as well as the monitor cable and those are functional I have two of the Diamond video cards and I ve tried both of them with the same result I also tried each one individually in two different PCIE slots I have no idea why plugging in the EATX v would cause the PC not to power on nor why the video card Can anyone off some knowledge that might resolve my problem nbsp

A:New PC build - won't power on with EATX12v plugged in, no video without it

Bump.

Correction to my original post: The video card fan is spinning and receiving power apparently. The big issue here is that the PC will not power on when the EATX12v is plugged in. If I'm not mistaken, that powers the CPU, does it not? Which would explain why there is no video when I turn the PC on without the EATX12v plugged in.

Is the mobo damaged? I just can't figure any other reason that the PC won't power on with the EATX12v plugged in and will power on without it plugged in.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-pc-build-wont-power-on-with-eatx12v-plugged-in-no-video-without-it.961872/
Relevancy 44.29%

Decided to build a new machine today.

Mobo: MSI 7600-P23(FX)
PSU: Thermaltake Smart 650W
Processor: AMD FX 6300

I have verified all power connections but when I press the power switch, all the fans begin spinning, but stop after only a second or two. Nothing else happens.

Any ideas on what to try or what is causing the problem?

Relevancy 44.29%

Hi, I am having to remove battery and AC adapter every day to hold down the Power On button an discharge the static build up.
Is there a permanent fix?
thanks plongs3

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19995218
Relevancy 44.29%

I recently built a new PC.
I had issues powering it on, then I realised I forgot a 4 pin power connector in the corner. Next boot, everything booted up fine, to start. After 3 seconds it powers down, then powers back up and stays up. I think every thing is powered on, disk drive works forsure, the only issue is I get no picture. I am using a BFG 9600GT and used the dvi to vga adapter to connect to my old gateway 2000 vivitron monitor, though I will probably be getting a new monitor soon. I was thinking the problem could be either my video card, video card/monitor non-compatibility(or something to do with the dvi-vga connector) or maybe something else. Or could it be the power problems discussed before?

I am using an Asus P5QL-PRO mobo, 4GB(2X2GB) Gskill memory, 9600GT, E8400 processor and an Antec earthwatts(500 watt).

Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 44.29%

Hi all,

I've been doing some research on my new build and started looking into power phases. After reading some articles, it seems like the less power phases you have, the more susceptible your motherboard is to failing, especially if you're overclocking. Plus you also have to worry about components on your motherboard overheating such as the mosfets. Is all of this something I should be worried about?

The motherboard I want to get has 8+2 power phases (Asrock P67 Extreme4 Gen3). So if I plan on overclocking, should I step up to a 12+2 or 16+2 motherboard or will I be safe at 8+2?

Thanks in advance

A:New Sandy Bridge build - power phases

The ASrock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 is an excellent board. It overclocks impressively. People have managed to hit the 5 GHz mark at around 1.45V with a good aftermarket HSF.

More power phases do not guarantee better performance. Generally, more phases should make for smoother voltage output, but it is only one of several factors in the design of the CPU voltage regulator.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-sandy-bridge-build-power-phases.169347/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi I am a graphic designer switching to PC i have done wok on my old mac replaced ram hard drive dc in board but this is the first time that I will be building a pc from scratch Below are the parts I bought from new egg there is one pretty obvious problem i think small? too power any other build: issues? supply new the power supply is w This was an error I new build: power supply too small? any other issues? originally had a w cooler amster and someone recomended switching brands and i was careless i also forgot to get a wireless card my question is can I build this with the PSU I have and replace it later it was pretty in expensice and i am maxed out or is it going to be a bad idea This computer is not for gaming it is for graphic design in Adobe including some aftereffexcts and flash Newegg com - GIGABYTE GA-X A-UD R LGA Intel X SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard Newegg com - G SKILL GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F - CL T- GBNQ Newegg com - CORSAIR CMPSU- CX W ATX V V PLUS Certified Compatible with Core i Power Supply Newegg com - Intel Core i - Bloomfield GHz x KB L Cache MB L Cache LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX Newegg com - EVGA G-P - -TR GeForce GTS GB -bit DDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card Newegg com - ASUS Black X DVD R X DVD RW X DVD R DL X DVD-R X DVD-RW X DVD-RAM X DVD-ROM X CD-R X CD-RW X CD-ROM MB Cache SATA X DVD Burner - Bulk - CD DVD Burners Newegg com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD FALS TB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive Newegg com - COOLER MASTER Intel Core i compatible V RR-UV -XBU -GP mm Rifle CPU Cooler Newegg com - COOLER MASTER Centurion CAC-T -UB Black Blue Aluminum Bezel SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case nbsp

A:new build: power supply too small? any other issues?

Well, I'd be real reluctant to fire that up with a 400W supply. When a supply goes, it frequently takes stuff with it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-build-power-supply-too-small-any-other-issues.941143/
Relevancy 44.29%

I currently have this (and don't want them to collect any dust:
Asus Motherboard
Quad Processor
DDR Memory

Plus a couple hard drives, but absolutely nothing else. Since this is new to me, I'm asking:

1 - Is there a way the more experienced users would suggest going about a new case and how to know the appropriate power supply to buy.

2 - I bought the MB used from newegg.com, and it didn't come with any wires/connectors. Can you tell me what I'd need to fully be ready when I have all the components?

Thanks!

A:New build case & power supply recommendations

I havnt done this in a while but here it goes.....

If you dont have the propor heatsink/fan combo you will need one of those for your processor.

For your needs just get a quality 500w PSU by Antec, Silverstone, Thermaltake ect ect. No $20 bargain buys. If you plan on putting in some super fancy graphics card, take the minumum requirments for that card off the box and add 100 watts.

Wires you will need are just your SATA cables.

The PSU should come with all you need to connect it to your motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-case-power-supply-recommendations.156270/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi hope some one can help i just build a new comp from new and some old parts ..old video card , hdd, cd drive, with new mother board and new cpu. in a soyo case

i have power but no video. the led for the hdd and power on work the hdd runs.

i have windows xp os on the hdd from a old comp that work?

Do i need to have a start up disk in the drive or a boot up disk or bios for the first boot up to have video on my screen ??
hope some 1 can help

A:i just build a new computer and it does not show video but it has power

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-just-build-a-new-computer-and-it-does-not-show-video-but-it-has-power.270749/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi there

I can see and access all computers (inc Linux) from the left hand side of the file explorer panel but it doesn't show in the main computers. Build 1607 W10 Pro X64.

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/58687-file-explorer-build-1607-doesnt-show-all-computers-main-screen.html
Relevancy 43.86%

OK just built an new PC everything is working great but I have strange issues if I Kernel-Power (63) ID:41 Event Build Category New Task switch off power by the mains then switch it New Build Kernel-Power Event ID:41 Task Category (63) back on then turn on the PC it starts to boot for seconds then turns off then restarts again and boots normally Randomly last night it randomly restarted twice out of nowhere all I was doing was downloading games on steam and browsing the web I then checked the event viewer and I see Critical error Kernel Power event ID now I'm using the pc now the exact same way as I was last night but no restart New Build Kernel-Power Event ID:41 Task Category (63) and I do not know what this error means or how to go about solving it Here is the event log - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Aaron-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Thanks in advance

A:New Build Kernel-Power Event ID:41 Task Category (63)

Hello xcvtop.

Kernel-Power Event ID:41 indicates to abnormal shutdown ... it may be caused by various reasons. If you post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions, it may give us some more hint about what actually is going on there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/301595-new-build-kernel-power-event-id-41-task-category-63-a.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I wanted to change my power and sleep settings for my display.

At first it didn't seem to work. Working through it methodically however, I found there are FOUR places that can be set for the same thing!

(1) Win10 Start/Settings/Display/Power&Sleep. I set it to never

(2) Below that in Additional Power Settings I was taken to the Control Panel. Checking the Preferred Plan settings the screen setting didn't reflect the change above.

(3) From the CP is another option: 'when to turn off display'

(4) Finally there are the "advanced power settings".

This is ridiculous. Surely all I need set is the initial (1) Settings? And this doesn't even include setting the Screen Saver which seems to be over-ridden by the other settings!

Obviously Microsoft have got their knickers in a bit of twist with some settings undertaken in Settings and others still in CP.

A:Build 10547 confusing power&sleep settings

I have seen someone who said it takes a restart to make the changes work for that setting. Did you find this to be true? Did settings work for you?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/25818-build-10547-confusing-power-sleep-settings.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hey everyone!semi new build(upgraded mobo), after installing everything, the pc will not post, I am not getting any power to the keyboard/mouse and the psu fan as well as other fans seem to be running kind of sluggish. Previously I had an issue where the hdd light would stay constant however that was solved with reseating the cpu a few times and resetting the cmos.specs are found here: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/ccjfsYAlso, previous motherboard fried after plugging in earphones to front header. Could the psu have gone as well? Tested the new mobo today with known working ram and graphics card to no avail, so I have ruled those out.

A:Help! Semi new build, No post, no power to keyboard, no display

Nickdangelo6, This is not a direct answer to your problem with you new build. Instead, I am going to talk about how to approach your vendor and ask for help with doing return on an item the did not work ever.Just tell the vendor that you have worked with personal computers parts before and you have friends that advice you. Tell them you were very careful when putting things together and used only compatible things.Do not mention anything that might even suggest you did anything wrong. Because you did not do anything wrong.Be polite and talk in a manner that shows you are confident and want the vendor to arrange for a way to replace the bad board.I do hope that will help you. 

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,155953.0.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,

I built a new DIY PC, Asus P10 MB, I7-6770K CPU, 16GB Corsair RAM, onboard video only cklean setup I thought.
Need PC for security NVR (24/7 operation. I cant go 12-30 hrs without a deep freeze on the screensaver page.
Must hard power Cycle to regain normal operation.

I followed BSOD instructions, please see attached Zip file

any guidance would be much appreciated,

thanks Vince

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/65277-new-64-bit-build-os-freezes-every-12-30-hours-power-cycle-required.html
Relevancy 43.86%

i have an old PC (p3 450MHz) that i was going to use to volunteer to teach kids about computers - parts, software, etc...i plugged it in and hit the power button and nothing...no noise, no lights, nothing...it would be the same as taking a tower not plugged and hitting the power button - nothing happens...

so, i was wondering what it might be and what can i do to test what is wrong? is it the power supply, motherboard, or something else?

any tips are greatly appreciated...

Relevancy 43.86%

I have a HP G72 the power light for power supply comes on **bleep**.

A:Doesn't power on

Hi @mikewv, Welcome to the HP Forums! I read your post on the HP Support Forums and wanted to reach out to you.  I see your HP G72 Notebook will not start correctly. Try performing a Hard ResetWhen performing a hard reset please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices.Here is a link to computer won't start for Windows.Plug the power adapter directly into a different wall outlet. Do not plug it into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source as this could cause and issue. Please get back to me how this goes. Please click the Thumbs up below to thank me for my efforts! I Thanks. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Doesn-t-power-on/td-p/5592624
Relevancy 43.86%

I have an HP Pavilion 8562 I just bought off someone. It came without the HD, but with all the other original componants. When I hit the power button nothing happens, the light might flash, but the power supply does not start up. When I got it the big 8-pin thing was oput of the mobo, but I plugged it back in. It will not scan thdrives, or go to bios, or even make any noise or bring anything up on the screen. Assuming it is not dead, any suggestions? This is why I hate manufatured computers.

A:Doesn't Power Up

Can you move the suspect power supply to another box and test ? Can you move a good PSU to the failed box and test ? The PSU is the first component I would prove/disprove. (It would be better to test the suspect one on another, working box, as the failed box could have multiple problems which a good PSU might not fix and the results, therefore, could be misleading.)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/doesnt-power-up.73981/
Relevancy 43.43%

hey
well i am new to this lark, but i decided to build a pc without knowing really what i was getting myself into

okay, so i haven't got it working as of yet, no power to keyboard or mouse, both usb, and no output to monitor. lights and fans all come on though? so that means there must be some power?

i have removed everything but the mobo, psu, cpu and screen/mouse.
also, have 2 processors and it doesn't work with either
the motherboard was sent back to the supplier to check for faults but it works fine apparently.
No video cards or anything like that.

I'm at a bit of a loss really

like i said i haven't even got it working yet!

help much appreciated

jamie x

A:Newbie PC build no power to keyboard/mouse, no output to monitor

complete specs would be nice; it would give us an idea of what hardware you're using. it could be something as simple as an underpowered PSU or faulty RAM. make sure the processor is seated correctly and that the memory sticks are properly clipped into place.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/newbie-pc-build-no-power-to-keyboard-mouse-no-output-to-monitor.157498/
Relevancy 43.43%

I just finished building my system a couple weeks ago but I am getting a blue screen again after trouble shooting New Error: build, 0x8000000000000002 Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power the ones I could I have gotten of them in the last days and they all seem to be the same one from what I can tell The last two days I have turned my computer on but did not log on Both times sometime during the day I would come to find the BSOD Thanks for any help Wes OS Windows Professional New build, Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Error: 0x8000000000000002 SP -bit - System Builder Malware ESET Smart Security V Chassis Corsair Graphite T Mid-Tower PSU Corsair AX W Gold Plus Motherboard ASUS P Z -V PRO New build, Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Error: 0x8000000000000002 GEN LGA CPU Intel i - K Sandy Bridge Quad-Core GHz CPU Fan Corsair H Liquid CPU Cooler Graphics NVidia GeForce GTX Ti GB DDR PCI-E x SLI setup Memory Corsair Vengeance GB x DDR SDRAM Dual Channel MHz OS Hard Drive Corsair Force GB Internal SATA GB SSD Data Storage Seagate Barracuda TB GB Internal SATA RPM MB Cache Optical Drive LG x Internal Blu-ray New build, Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Error: 0x8000000000000002 Disc Double-Layer DVD RW CD-RW Optical Drive LG Super-Multi x Internal DVD RW CD-RW Monitor Dell Ultra Sharp U Widescreen LCD

Relevancy 43.43%

Hello folks.My elitebook worked perfectly until one morning when I turned it on. On pressing the power button, the power indicator shows a white light, then the WiFi LED comes on (red and quickly changes to blue) and the HDD indicator comes on (red). The WiFi indicator also comes on. After a few seconds, the sleep indicator comes on and the laptop goes off. No display, no hdd sound, no fan sound, just the above. Please help me out.Thanks!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/My-Elitebook-doesn-t-power-up/td-p/5852410
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a Dell 1905FP, and I want it to power down automatically when my computer goes into standby mode or powers off. Instead, the LCD floats a standard status panel, similar to what I get if I unplug the video cable with the LCD still powered on.

I'm certain there's a way for the computer to send a power off or "green mode" signal to the LCD, but I'm not finding anything helpful...

A:LCD doesn't power down with computer

Right click on desktop -> properties ->screensaver ->power.. -> turn off monitor

select the same time that your pc idles before it either powers off or goes into standby.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lcd-doesnt-power-down-with-computer.53690/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi nbsp I have a new Lenovo Thinkpad x Carbon th gen since March under warranty and I've got power on problems sincetoday nbsp My laptop was out of battery during the night and turns out Today I plug the AC adapter and try to turn it on but nothing happend I leave the laptop charging until the power led indicator were green indicates that the battery is full Same problem laptop won't start I try to press sec to sec on the power on button to turn off on but nothing happends I try to press sec to sec on the hard reset switch close to the battery then try o power on nbsp but nothing happends I try to remove le battery connector press for a while the power on button but nothing happends nbsp When I plug the ac adapter the led of the power on buton blink times nbsp Manufacter Part No FCS N nbsp Any other idea nbsp Sorry for my very bad english nbsp Best regards Solved Go to Solution

A:x1 Carbon (4th gen) doesn't power on

Problem solved!I have to remove the coil-cell battery and the battery, plug the AC adapter and turn on. I hope it'll help. Best regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/x1-Carbon-4th-gen-doesn-t-power-on/td-p/3326949
Relevancy 43.43%

The power switch on my Compaq Deskpro went faulty, so I bought a replacement generic switch. Installation seemed no problem, when I switch on power lights come on, but only for a few seconds, then system shuts down. I don't think I did any other damage when replacing the switch. What should I check out?

Relevancy 43.43%

MY computer is a compaq presario s0000 and it keeps shutting down on me now the power is on but the fan over the processor is not spinning and the monitor is not showing the green light by the fan and the power cord blinks over and over again how can i fix this i tried cleaning it and checking if any of the wire are lose but nothing seems to work

A:My conputer doesn't not want to power on

It sounds like either a power supply problem of some sort or possibly a problem with the motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-conputer-doesnt-not-want-to-power-on.1025475/
Relevancy 43.43%

GeForce6600GT AGP = Bullshi*

Hi, I'm having a little trouble with my GeForce 6600gt (club3d) agp videocard.

I first plugged it in, beeps. I noticed my Power Supply didn't have enough output for the card (put my Radeon 9600 back in, ordered new one)

Well, later I received a new Sweex 400W power supply.

The GeForce worked fine, until it complained about not getting enough power.

How?!

I unplugged my floppy disk drive, it didn't complain about it on Windows startup, but later, after playing some games it started to complain *again*.

Is this a trouble within the card or do I just need to get a new power supply (again)?

A:GeForce6600GT AGP - Doesn't get enough power

it could be a defective card or it could be the power supply yuo bought is substandard. all PSU's are not equal. many of them deliver less that HALF of what their ratings say once they have warmed up. that is why it is best to buy a good brand name PSU, like antec, Vantec, etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce6600gt-agp-doesnt-get-enough-power.40149/
Relevancy 43.43%

I moved my computer to a different part of the room and tried booting up and nothing happens. I took off the cover and noticed the blower fan (fan that cools the inside) goes on for a brief moment then shuts off and then nothing...

Could it be the power supply or power switch?

Thanks

A:Computer doesn't power up

when you moved your computer it is very possible some wiring got displaced. i would open up the case. verify that everything is in order. the cables connected properly ect ect.

pay special attention to the power supply

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-doesnt-power-up.59922/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have hp laptop pavilion product K L EA A N Problem- won't turn on If some time on and open desktops screen after few minutes power off Even I have used several tips but won't resolve this issues I removed battery disconnected power source plug and press sec to consumed magnetic currents After words I try several times but not power on some time power get on and within sec power off again In month of Sep I have updated windows after installation only fee days work on laptop doesn't power my properly later started problem with my laptop then I return to my previous windows by using recovery options Since this day facing problem When I freed up I left my laptop for month and try again but still the problem is happening I don't know what exactly the issues i realized that I did mistakes by upgrading window Please help me what to do should I take this laptop to repair shop or any options to fix this Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/my-laptop-doesn-t-power-on/td-p/5831501
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi everyone as the subject says I have a problem with my computer the display doesn't turn off after the configured time set in the active power plan The screensaver works fine so it's not that for example a mouse is giving random input Also when I shut down the computer the display jumps to powersaving so the display works fine I've already tried a lot of things to solve it doesn't Monitor power off and I hope that someone can help because I don't know what to do know Things I've tried - Set a different time in the power plan set time time to disabled and enabled again - Disable all wakeon devices by using powercfg - Install a generic monitor driver instead of the Samsun B one - Use the secondary DVI port - Update to the latest Nvidia drivers for my GT - Run Vista with Monitor doesn't power off all programs disabled both tried msconfig and safemode - Use the latest BIOS for my motherboard S mode is set to enabled according to powercfg - Installed the latest Intel INF Monitor doesn't power off files - Create a new power plan - Tried a different screensaver So what can I try now thanks

A:Monitor doesn't power off

Hi Peekstra,

Welcome to Vista Forums.

Double check to make sure that the monitor is set to shutdown at least 1 minute before the computer is set to sleep in Power Options.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/128207-monitor-doesnt-power-off.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi I power Solved: PC on doesn't have a PC that was running fine earlier today Left it on while I went out for minutes and when I came back it was powered off Hit the Power button but nothing -- it didn t even light up blue like normal The CPU fan didn Solved: PC doesn't power on t spin and the hard drive didn t power up No lights on the motherboard but I don t ever recall seeing lights there anyway The CPU heatsink Solved: PC doesn't power on under the fan was covered in dust so it seems to be an overheating cause I cleaned it off vacuum dust spray but still won t power on Sounds like a dead power supply right That s what I thought but the SD card reader in the front of the case has its light on when the power switch is set to on so power Solved: PC doesn't power on is getting there somehow Took apart the power supply to check for anything obvious but nothing Also removed the CMOS battery for minutes to see if that helped but no Maybe it s a dead motherboard I really don t know Suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,

Ive got a Sat Pro and when i plug it in the mains the light on the charger comes on but the laptop doesn't power up at all.
If i take the battery out the laptop and plug it into the mains, its still dead.

Any help, greatly appreciated.
Danny

A:Satellite Pro M60-164 doesn't power up at all

Hi

It seams that this has nothing to do with power mains but with an internal hardware problem on the mobo.
I think you should firstly check the both memory modules inside the notebook.
If the notebook would not power up even using new modules, then other parts like CPU or motherboard should be checked.

Sorry but this is everything what I could suggest you.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?54079-Satellite-Pro-M60-164-doesn-t-power-up-at-all
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a brand new HP Elitebook 745 G3 that doesn't power on. I've tried 3 known working AC adapters, unseated/reseated the battery, held down the power button for 15-30 seconds (to discharge power) without the battery or power connected, replaced the RAM (there's on 8GB module installed), replaced the power button board, and replaced the sytem board twice. Whenever an AC adapter is connected, the power and CAPS lock buttons flash continuously (white). The mute and wirless LEDs are solid (wireless LED is amber and the mute botton is white). The fan spins for a second and then it goes out.I've unseated/reseated the hard drive and removed the wireless module.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/HP-Elitebook-745-G3-Doesn-t-Power-On/td-p/5823602
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi everyone First I want to thank you for the great job you do in this forum I have a on doesn't Board power PackardBell Vesuvio laptop I had problems with the previous motherboard it couldn t power on so I bought a used board in eBay But this one has a strange problem it can Board doesn't power on t power up Board doesn't power on if the power cable is plugged in with battery inserted If I remove the power cable it can boot up and works fine After powering on successfully I can insert the power cable and battery begin to charge without any problem The power supply is ok it outputs V as it should Is it possible that something inside the laptop is being shorted out when I plug the power preventing the laptop to boot up I don t know if the used motherboard I bought was faulty or something else is happening All other components seem to work fine I d be grateful if you have any ideas about this problem nbsp

A:Board doesn't power on

I don't work much with laptops, but power related issues are generally a motherboard function. If a laptop boots with/without a battery, or with/without AC connected, it typically implies a motherboard malfunction.

Hopefully someone with more experience can confirm.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/board-doesnt-power-on.1117302/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,

I have this motherboard whose identity I havent yet been able to discover but basically it doesn't power up. It has a P-iii 450MHz CPU and I have verified that the CPU and power supply are good. What I found was that the power LED would glow and the CPU power fan would rotate for a 3 seconds. I took out the CPU and the LED/fan were on for 5-6 seconds longer but then went dead. Problem with the capacitors ??

What could be wrong ? Any help would be appreciated.

Thankx

A:Motherboard Doesn't Power up

Make sure the PSU is connected tightly to the motherboard. If that is a loose connection it could be getting some power, just not enough.

BTW,
:wave: Welcome to TechSpot :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-doesnt-power-up.7708/
Relevancy 43.43%

The puzzle.
eclectic.
The desktop doesn't power off at shut down from Windows 10.
Shutting down from Puppy switches everything off.
Like what it used to do.
The procedure has been to pull the power cable from the pc and then back in.
After System shuts down.
For next time...
But Puppy turns it all off.
Go Puppy.

Any thoughts,
s.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/doesnt-power-off-at-shut-down.307309/
Relevancy 43.43%

First, my computer had BSOD every time i start up my computer so i reset the cmos but after my computer didnt power up at all, no fan, no sound, nothing other then the green light on the mobo when everything is plugged in. I try turning on the computer with another PSU that i had but still nothing. Anyone has any idea what is wrong or what i can do?

A:PC doesn't power up after cmos

csjohnjj said:

First, my computer had BSOD every time i start up my computer so i reset the cmos but after my computer didnt power up at all, no fan, no sound, nothing other then the green light on the mobo when everything is plugged in. I try turning on the computer with another PSU that i had but still nothing. Anyone has any idea what is wrong or what i can do?Click to expand...

Hi CS,
did you clear the CMOS by removing, and moving a jumper pin?....if you did make sure that the metal insert (the part that connects the pins) in the jumper didn't fall out or come out of the plastic casing and stay on the second set of pins when you reset the CMOS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-doesnt-power-up-after-cmos.132293/
Relevancy 43.43%

I am kindly asking for your help I have an HP DV T- C laptop which doesn t power up at all I have up doesn't HP power laptop read various forum threads and they did not solve my problem that s why I m opening a new one It started about two weeks ago when HP laptop doesn't power up it didn t want to wake up from sleeping only after removing battery and plugging the charger in It seemed odd so I did backup from everything Ever since then it does not power up at all When I plug the charger in without battery the charger indicator light is on with a steady white If battery is in the result the same If I have the battery disconnected from the laptop for a while the light is orange meaning that it s charging and it becomes white meaning that it s fully charged I tried various solutions to solve the problem including the following - disconnecting every external device - power up with only battery - power up without battery but with charger - hard reset for sec sec mins holding the power button - removing one RAM module another and both - removing hard drive - removing optical drive - checking ZIF connectors - holding the power button for sec No fan sound no beep sounds no emergency LEDs Caps Lock and Num Lock nothing except for the charger indicator light Also I can feel the power button is working I happen to have a multimeter and with that I was able to exclude the charger as a possible cause since its voltage is within norm I have two guesses the motherboard and the CPU Unfortunately I have no replacing capabilities to check them without being sure which is the cause The challenge is open for everyone thank you for your answers in advance nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

Dear Fellow Users I am kindly asking for your help I have an HP DV T- C laptop which doesn't power up at all I have read various forum threads and laptop up doesn't HP power they did not solve my problem that's why I'm opening a new one It started about two weeks ago when it didn't want to wake up from sleeping only after removing battery and plugging the charger in It seemed odd so I did backup from everything Ever since then it does not power up at all When I plug the charger in without battery the charger indicator light is on with a steady white If battery is in the result the same If I have the battery disconnected from the laptop for a while the light is orange meaning that it's charging and it becomes white meaning that it's fully charged I tried various solutions to solve the problem including the following - disconnecting every external device - power up with only battery - power up without battery but with charger - hard reset for sec sec mins holding the power button - removing one RAM module another and both - removing hard drive - removing optical drive - checking ZIF connectors - holding the power button for sec No fan sound no beep sounds no emergency LEDs Caps Lock and Num Lock nothing except for the charger indicator light Also I can feel the power button is working I happen to have a multimeter and with that HP laptop doesn't power up I was able to exclude the charger as a possible cause since its voltage is within norm I have two guesses the motherboard and the CPU Unfortunately I have no replacing capabilities to check them without being sure which is the cause The challenge is open for everyone thank you for your answers in advance

A:HP laptop doesn't power up

Some laptops won't power up if the battery is not working, but I doubt that's the issue in your case. So far I've only seen that on Medion laptops, and I own a HP myself - pretty sure it should work without a battery.

That is indeed a rather intriguing issue. Seems like you're stuck in a difficult position.
I would normally suspect some kind of hardware fault such as motherboard failure. It could be something much simpler such as faulty power jack, which I doubt since the little light comes on.

Here are my suggestions:

1. Try a different charger, was yours ever getting very hot?

2. Remove the battery AND the CMOS battery and do a hard reset, then plug the charger in (without CMOS or the laptop's battery) THIS WILL ERASE YOUR BIOS SETTINGS. Doing so on my laptop would cause it to power up without having to press the power button.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/350064-hp-laptop-doesnt-power-up.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi, My Hp hp 15-c001dx doesn't power up any more. I connected the power cable when I got a 10% battery left warning. And right as I connected it power off. It doesn't power up any more. I tried hard resetting(holding hte power button for 20-30 sec and also holding the power and volume buttons for 20-30sec) but did't work. I am out of waranty too. What should I do?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hp-hp-15-c001dx-doesn-t-power-up-any-more/td-p/5644043
Relevancy 43.43%

Good day all! Here's the scoop! I've installed WindowsMe last week. It froze all the time for various reasons. So I was reseting all the time, but two days ago, I had to shut it down with the power switch. I did that a few times because the reset wasn't reponding. So at lunch today, I tried to go to check my msconfig, but my computer remains off. I've looked at the cables, changed cables, no good. I think it's the battery in the motherboard, but I'm not sure. Thanks in advance for any tips!!

Relevancy 43.43%

Whenever I tell windows to turn off computer everything happens normally: it gives me the windows shutdown screen and the monitor loses input, but the computer never powers down. It sits there fans going indefinitely and the little LEDs I have on my RAM flicker a bit, indicating some form of activity. How do I fix this problem?

A:PC doesn't power off on shutdown

Does anyone have a theory at least? I thought it might be some setting I need to change in the BIOS, but I can't find the right one.

Also, if this isn't the right place to post this thread then please direct me to one that is more appropriate.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-doesnt-power-off-on-shutdown-265963.html
Relevancy 43.43%

My less than one year Phoenix was working properly, but this morning after I woke up I cannot fire it up. I pressed the power switch but nothing happened. No sound of hard drive nor fan. The green like on the back of tower was solid when power cable was plugged in. It would turn off in couple seconds after the power cable is detached. I have read through the forum and most of people's problem was with the PSU or MB. Any idea what could be the problem in my case? Or anywhere I can go to have someone troubleshoot my PC for me?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Phoenix-doesn-t-power-up/td-p/5617745
Relevancy 43%

Hi New member - please be gentle if I haven't followed the correct procedures Okay I rebuilt my PC completely following a mobo failure retaining the hard drives I was really impressed Win Ult x booted straight into the desktop I removed old mobo drivers added new ones errors state) Build BSOD Machine 9F power randomly New (driver Had a few glitched with the USB ports which I think I fixed by deleting and reintalling new drivers I have had some BSODs - one after the other just New Build Machine BSOD 9F (driver power state) errors randomly now and at least earlier one while the machine was unattended In each case it was a BCCode f and I got the error message driver power state failure Now I have the crashdrump logs I think it has zipped but I know the most recent one related to the crash I just saw is called - On a whim in the interim I have also just now uninstalled the Asus AI Suite that came with the mobo Asus z pro gamer as I know it has an energy management module and even though I have tried to disable that anyway I thought might be a cause for error I would be most grateful for help in tracking down the cause of this error and advice on fixing it please Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/386653-new-build-machine-bsod-9f-driver-power-state-errors-randomly.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi guys I ve had this problem with my PC now for the last few weeks When I power up my computer it doesn t switch on immediately and didn t come on until around mins later This mins then doesn't power up immediately Computer became mins When the computer did power on however everythign was fine and I could access all my files etc properly I suspected that it may be the PSU or MB I opened it up and first took the MB s battery out and then put it back in again after mins This didn t do anything At this point I had brought the computer downstairs Then I decided to make sure the whole tower was free of dust etc and then try it All of a sudden it started to work correctly i e I could switch it off and then when I switch it on again it would come on right away I Computer doesn't power up immediately took it upstairs again and the same problem started again During Computer doesn't power up immediately all this however the motherboards green power light is always on and I can t see any warning lights or obvious areas of damage to it My dad then took the battery of the MB out again and put it back in again and then it started coming on immediately again However I went to try it again and guess what it s not powering up at all now again What do you think may be the cause of this Is a new PSU in order When I manage to get into BIOS In the Hardware Monitor section the voltages are all indicated as being correct i e where it says it should be it is and where it says it is etc The CPU s temp is around C and the motherboards is C I havent installed any new software etc and dont think I have any viruses as I hardly have anything on my computer as it is But I installed a Netgear USB Wireless device which kept hanging forcing me to keep on having to switch my computer off from the power button as opposed to shutting it down through windows I have since uninstalled this Your ideas suggestions will be much appreciated Thanks Sukhraj Intel P GHz Asus P S X MB MB RAM Windows XP IDE Gb HDD nbsp

A:Computer doesn't power up immediately

There is a jumper you can reset so you don't have to remove the battery for 5 minutes every time.

I don't know what the problem would be, but it is easier to replace or try another PSU than it is to replace the motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-doesnt-power-up-immediately.72638/